PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Steelers Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

Mr. Stiller
11-06-2007, 09:50 PM
How are we going to find someone as manly and big to take over for Smith.

Smith is a blue collar, hardworking guy. He was a 4th rounder. A guy like Nick Hayden has similar type build. Not a great DT In college but he stops the run and holds the point better than guys that will be drafted ahead of him.

Hayden has an additional 20-30lbs coming out, similar builds though. Hayden is a big guy that won't get tossed around like Eason, he's in the build of Smith.

brat316
11-06-2007, 09:58 PM
nice, now i will look out for this Hayden fellow

steelernation77
11-08-2007, 07:26 PM
So a guy at a Steeler board I post at said he saw a Steelers scout at the WVU/Louisville game. It'd be easy for the Steelers to see WVU players in Morgantown since its a lot closer to Pittsburgh than Louisville, so I'm gonna say, although he was probably looking at WVU guys as well, he probably was checking on Louisville in particular.

What players on those teams, Louisville especially, could we be interested in?

brat316
11-08-2007, 07:29 PM
Brohm back up, back up qb.

Smooth Criminal
11-08-2007, 09:25 PM
I'm hoping they wern't looking at any defensive players on either team.

Mr. Stiller
11-09-2007, 12:40 AM
So a guy at a Steeler board I post at said he saw a Steelers scout at the WVU/Louisville game. It'd be easy for the Steelers to see WVU players in Morgantown since its a lot closer to Pittsburgh than Louisville, so I'm gonna say, although he was probably looking at WVU guys as well, he probably was checking on Louisville in particular.

What players on those teams, Louisville especially, could we be interested in?

Louisville:

Harry Douglas, WR
Patrick Carter, WR
Breno Giacomini, OT
Willie Williams, DT

Other than P-Cut.. I'm thinking he's there for WVU (They run a 3-3-5, or a 3-DL meaning, they run technically the same front 3 setup)..

WVU:

Owen Schmitt, H-Back
Johnny Dingle, DE (6'3 278lbs 4.81)
Keilen Dykes, NT(3-4 DE) (6'4 298lbs 4.92)
Pat White (QB->WR if he declares) (6'2 198lbs 4.38)

I think with an invite to the senior bowl he could make a name for himself (Dingle)..

But he could be a UDFA right now..

I'm looking at 2 OT's(Otah, Duane Brown), 2 DE's (Hayden, Dykes(UDFA: Dingle)), DE/OLB(Tommy Blake (Round 3)) and CB/WR in round 1.

Mr. Stiller
11-09-2007, 12:44 AM
I'm hoping they wern't looking at any defensive players on either team.

Dingle is technically the prototype for the position LeBeau created for Keisel.. that Rover 3-4 RDE.. his lateral speed and short area explosion are perfect for it..

I wouldn't mind having those 3 guys Hayden (LDE/NT), Dykes (LDE/RDE) and Dingle (RDE).

Dykes plays NT at WVU and he's solid.. takes 2 guys to block and he can penetrate and still has some solid speed to him. Huge upgrade over Eason.

Hayden again, Lunch pail kid who's just a bull.

Man_Of_Steel
11-09-2007, 02:54 AM
DE/OLB(Tommy Blake (Round 3)

You do relize that Blake is likley a 6th-7th rounder at best?

DeathbyStat
11-09-2007, 07:12 AM
You do relize that Blake is likley a 6th-7th rounder at best?

I wouldn't touch this guy...what a bloody head case.....undrafted free agent here we come

Man_Of_Steel
11-09-2007, 12:04 PM
I wouldn't touch this guy...what a bloody head case.....undrafted free agent here we come

Ya I mean hes a 6th-7th rounder at best, likley undrafted, I dont know why stiller has him in the third.

mikehop05
11-09-2007, 02:04 PM
anyone notice in the wvu game the 2 linemen...

one named dingle... the other one berry

http://sportfiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/dingleberry.jpg

ahahaha

Smooth Criminal
11-09-2007, 04:04 PM
Blake was rated as a first rounder before the season started and has great physical tools. I wouldn't mind taking a late round pick on him simply for his potential. He could very easily become a great player, esspecially in a hybrid style defense as a pass rusher.

Mr. Stiller
11-09-2007, 05:22 PM
Blake was rated as a first rounder before the season started and has great physical tools. I wouldn't mind taking a late round pick on him simply for his potential. He could very easily become a great player, esspecially in a hybrid style defense as a pass rusher.

Exactly.. He's a great physical and athletic player.

Do you guys know why he wasn't playing? I mean, "Head Case".

We've heard "Rumors" of Bi-polar disorder and other things.

We still have no idea why he hasn't been playing, but he's playing right now.

I'd say more but I'd be chastised for it.

Mr. Stiller
11-09-2007, 05:23 PM
anyone notice in the wvu game the 2 linemen...

one named dingle... the other one berry

http://sportfiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/dingleberry.jpg

ahahaha

add NT and you have Dingle-Berry-Dykes

Man_Of_Steel
11-09-2007, 09:57 PM
Exactly.. He's a great physical and athletic player.

Do you guys know why he wasn't playing? I mean, "Head Case".

We've heard "Rumors" of Bi-polar disorder and other things.

We still have no idea why he hasn't been playing, but he's playing right now.

I'd say more but I'd be chastised for it.

Why do you have him in the third when he likley undrafted at best 6th rounder though. I have no problem taking a chance on him but in the appropriate spot, no higher than the 6th.

Mr. Stiller
11-09-2007, 10:09 PM
Why do you have him in the third when he likley undrafted at best 6th rounder though. I have no problem taking a chance on him but in the appropriate spot, no higher than the 6th.

Because right now, he could still be a 2nd rounder.

we have no idea for the leave of absence.

He's actually playing right now and he's playing damn good. Not to mention they say he's looking even faster and he's weighing in at 270..

I doubt a 270lb 4-3 DE/3-4 OLB that ran a 4.68 at 250, and is looking FASTER, is going to fall past the 3rd.. especially with the abysmal pickings for 3-4 OLB's at that point..

Titus Brown and MAYBE Bruce Davis.

Man_Of_Steel
11-09-2007, 10:11 PM
Because right now, he could still be a 2nd rounder.

we have no idea for the leave of absence.

He's actually playing right now and he's playing damn good. Not to mention they say he's looking even faster and he's weighing in at 270..

I doubt a 270lb 4-3 DE/3-4 OLB that ran a 4.68 at 250, and is looking FASTER, is going to fall past the 3rd.. especially with the abysmal pickings for 3-4 OLB's at that point..

Titus Brown and MAYBE Bruce Davis.

He is at best a 6th rounder, thats common knowledge at this point.

TheWood56
11-09-2007, 11:15 PM
I think I heard something like he had a falling out with his coach. Not sure if this is true or not, or just another rumour. Anyone else heard anything like this? If Blake is playing well at the moment, and has bulked up to around 270 lbs, though is looking even faster, I'd definately give him a look in the draft, as a day 2 selection. If there's no serious problems with this kid, and he's 100% committed to football, I'd definately give him a look on the 2nd day of the draft, on potential alone. He could end up being a steal late in the draft, though I have a feeling another team will take a shot at him a whole lot earlier then he's projected to go.

Mr. Stiller
11-10-2007, 11:20 AM
He is at best a 6th rounder, thats common knowledge at this point.

Because you don't know what happened between him and his coach.

But yeah. It was common knowledge that Winston Justice was going to be a top 10 pick..

Again, You're taking your opinion as fact.

I'm saying there's a pretty good chance he could be a 3rd to 4th rounder if his issue checks out and is running faster at 270.

Smooth Criminal
11-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Players with Blakes skillset just don't drop like that. Someone is going to see his size and 40 time and take a chance on him, way before the 6th round. If he goes to the combine weighing 270 and runs in the 4.6-4.8 range he'll be taken no later than the 3rd round. Teams just don't pass on that kind of physical freak.

TheWood56
11-11-2007, 12:21 AM
Players with Blakes skillset just don't drop like that. Someone is going to see his size and 40 time and take a chance on him, way before the 6th round. If he goes to the combine weighing 270 and runs in the 4.6-4.8 range he'll be taken no later than the 3rd round. Teams just don't pass on that kind of physical freak.

Agreed. Someone's going to take a chance on him, and it's most likely going to be a whole lot earlier then the 6th or 7th round.

Mr. Stiller
11-11-2007, 01:40 PM
Do we still think we don't need a passrusher?

James Harrison decided to disappear again.

terribletowel39
11-11-2007, 03:32 PM
ehhh....i don't know. the defense played hella well. they didn't really do anything on offense except when we gave them a short ass field. i don't really care if we get sacks as long as the other team doesn't win. ya they are nice, but we got pressure and DA was thrown off his game. a real nail biter. good win though.

DeathbyStat
11-11-2007, 03:33 PM
Do we still think we don't need a passrusher?

James Harrison decided to disappear again.

I have allways agreed with you on this point....plus no team can have too many good pass rushers

DeathbyStat
11-11-2007, 03:35 PM
ehhh....i don't know. the defense played hella well. they didn't really do anything on offense except when we gave them a short ass field. i don't really care if we get sacks as long as the other team doesn't win. ya they are nice, but we got pressure and DA was thrown off his game. a real nail biter. good win though.

I think the secondary played superb...they made up for the lack of pressure.

terribletowel39
11-11-2007, 03:55 PM
I think the secondary played superb...they made up for the lack of pressure.
dare we say all of sudden that our secondary is playing as the best unit on our defense??

Jakey
11-11-2007, 04:05 PM
Good game...but i just about chewed half of my fingers off...a real nailbitter. I also just got blasted by pretty much every browns fan on here...prehaps i shouldnt of called K2 a ******:D

Smooth Criminal
11-11-2007, 04:31 PM
great game. Steelers really dominated everything other than kickoffs. Nice to see Ben rally the offense like that.

The secondary looked great after the first drive. The run defense was great aswell.

Game ball easily goes to Ben.

skarocksoi
11-11-2007, 05:20 PM
If it weren't for Tom Brady, I think Ben would win league MVP. He has been doing just about everything to win games, including 2 4th quarter comebacks (1 in Denver which was blown by our D).

Smooth Criminal
11-11-2007, 07:43 PM
Ben has been very impressive. He is easily the Steelers MVP and will definately get to go to his first probowl of his career. Hopefully his regular season success can translate to playoff wins. I would love to give the Pats a AFC Championship loss in Foxboro.

terribletowel39
11-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Ben has been very impressive. He is easily the Steelers MVP and will definately get to go to his first probowl of his career. Hopefully his regular season success can translate to playoff wins. I would love to give the Pats a AFC Championship loss in Foxboro.
i thought he went his rookie season. regardless he is playing really really well. and you and me both about the foxboro win.

SteelCityNightmare
11-12-2007, 12:53 AM
With the Indy loss, that would put Pittsburgh above them with a tie breaker at the moment (no head to head so it goes to conference record.). Hopefully we can maintain with what should be two wins (NYJ, MIA) before taking on the Bengals.

Jakey
11-12-2007, 04:22 AM
I was just looking back over some of our drafts...how in the hell did we get Ike Taylor in the 4th??? The dude is 6-1" 200lbs and ran a 4.30-4.35...if he was drafted now he would definately go in day 1. He's a physical specimen of a corner...and he he is by far our best corner. Why did he drop that far, lack of exposure???

DeathbyStat
11-12-2007, 09:37 AM
He went to a small school and he doesn't seem to be very intelligent maybe he didn't interview well

Mr. Stiller
11-12-2007, 10:06 AM
He went to a small school and he doesn't seem to be very intelligent maybe he didn't interview well

Louisiana Lafeyette.

Mr. Stiller
11-12-2007, 10:07 AM
and I reiterate.. we need a 3-4 OLB that can actually get some pressure.

And a Big Physical CB.. if we're facing 3 6'3+ WR's our biggest CB can't be 6'1 and the next is 5'11.

DeathbyStat
11-12-2007, 10:42 AM

And a Big Physical CB.. if we're facing 3 6'3+ WR's our biggest CB can't be 6'1 and the next is 5'11.

I sound like I broken record because I totally agree with you on this matter

Hines
11-12-2007, 11:01 AM
I was just looking back over some of our drafts...how in the hell did we get Ike Taylor in the 4th??? The dude is 6-1" 200lbs and ran a 4.30-4.35...if he was drafted now he would definately go in day 1. He's a physical specimen of a corner...and he he is by far our best corner. Why did he drop that far, lack of exposure???

he went in the fourth because he only played corner his senior season. he then played running back so he was raw and inexpierenced..thats why he fell

Hines
11-12-2007, 11:01 AM

hm so i guess my reggie smith pick makes sence now huh

Jakey
11-12-2007, 11:03 AM
and my Zack Bowman pick =D

Hines
11-12-2007, 11:04 AM
and my Zack Bowman pick =D

smith>bowman

but before bowman injury
bowman>smith

i wouldnt touch bowman now, but thats just me

Man_Of_Steel
11-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Ben has been very impressive. He is easily the Steelers MVP and will definately get to go to his first probowl

He was asked to fill in for someone but declined, so techinically he has been a probowl selection already.

Jakey
11-12-2007, 11:30 AM
I know this is late...but i just re-looked over footage of the Steelers/Ravens game. In the 4th quarter, when we put in some reserves...Lawrence Timmons was playing at LILB aka Mack. Mr.Stiller has allways said they were moving him to ILB...but...not to LILB. I wonder if he is learning behind Farrior...to eventually be his successor???

Mr. Stiller
11-12-2007, 12:03 PM
I know this is late...but i just re-looked over footage of the Steelers/Ravens game. In the 4th quarter, when we put in some reserves...Lawrence Timmons was playing at LILB aka Mack. Mr.Stiller has allways said they were moving him to ILB...but...not to LILB. I wonder if he is learning behind Farrior...to eventually be his successor???

LILB = Buck
RILB = Mack.

They were just resting they're top 4 players.. Farrior, Troy, Haggans(More for Woodley's Experience) and Aaron Smith.

Mr. Stiller
11-12-2007, 12:04 PM
hm so i guess my reggie smith pick makes sence now huh

Reggie Smith is like 5'11.. I'm talking about Aqib Talib at 6'2 210lbs

Hines
11-12-2007, 12:05 PM
Reggie Smith is like 5'11.. I'm talking about Aqib Talib at 6'2 210lbs

i revised my mock draft

Mr. Stiller
11-12-2007, 12:11 PM
i revised my mock draft

I saw, I threw mine up.

Man_Of_Steel
11-12-2007, 12:55 PM

LILB = Buck
RILB = Mack.

They were just resting they're top 4 players.. Farrior, Troy, Haggans(More for Woodley's Experience) and Aaron Smith.

Here it is guys. The right side is the strong side because its opposite the offensive left side (LT/TE). The left side of defense/right side of offense is weak.
The ROLB (strong side backer) is required to be the toughest LB, able to shed blocks and stop the run. Since the ROLB is on the run-side of the offense being able to shed the TE's block and tackle the RB is a must. On pure passing downs the ROLB is a strict pass rusher.
The LOLB (weak side backer) is the fastest of all LB. He is able to be this fast because he generally is able to be the smallest LB. This is because the main duty of the LOLB is the ability to drop back into coverage. Defending the flats and immediate curl routes. This LB is allowed to be the smallest and undersized because runs rarely go to his side. The LOLB always has to make it through traffic and navigate the ball carrier supporting the MLBs.

ROLB-SLB-SAM
RMLB-SILB-Mack-Ted
LMLB-WILB-Buck-Jack-Mike
LOLB-WLB-WILL

Mr. Stiller
11-12-2007, 02:44 PM
Here it is guys. The right side is the strong side because its opposite the offensive left side (LT/TE). The left side of defense/right side of offense is weak.
The ROLB (strong side backer) is required to be the toughest LB, able to shed blocks and stop the run. Since the ROLB is on the run-side of the offense being able to shed the TE's block and tackle the RB is a must. On pure passing downs the ROLB is a strict pass rusher.
The LOLB (weak side backer) is the fastest of all LB. He is able to be this fast because he generally is able to be the smallest LB. This is because the main duty of the LOLB is the ability to drop back into coverage. Defending the flats and immediate curl routes. This LB is allowed to be the smallest and undersized because runs rarely go to his side. The LOLB always has to make it through traffic and navigate the ball carrier supporting the MLBs.

ROLB-SLB-SAM
RMLB-SILB-Mack-Ted
LMLB-WILB-Buck-Jack-Mike
LOLB-WLB-WILL

That is backwards. Derrick Brooks is the WLB in Tampa. He's the ROLB.

Right = Weakside
Left = Strongside

Which is why Greene was our LOLB and Lloyd our ROLB.

ROLB = Will or WOLB
RILB = Mack or WILB
LILB = Buck or SILB
LOLB = Sam or SOLB

Man_Of_Steel
11-12-2007, 02:55 PM
That is backwards. Derrick Brooks is the WLB in Tampa. He's the ROLB.

Right = Weakside
Left = Strongside

Which is why Greene was our LOLB and Lloyd our ROLB.

ROLB = Will or WOLB
RILB = Mack or WILB
LILB = Buck or SILB
LOLB = Sam or SOLB

Whattttt?????? Haha OMG are you kidding me!!!!!!! This is common knowledge I would think you off all people would know the strongside form the weakside. This is basic stuff that you should know when your 10. How can you honestlty post on this board not knowing this common knowledge. This is unreal, this is basic I cant believe you dont know this. The ROLB is on the strong side because hes lined up opposite of the LT and TE (the strong side of the offense). I cant believe this is even a discussion. That is really sad mr.stiller, this is football 101.

Mr. Stiller
11-12-2007, 06:30 PM
Whattttt?????? Haha OMG are you kidding me!!!!!!! This is common knowledge I would think you off all people would know the strongside form the weakside. This is basic stuff that you should know when your 10. How can you honestlty post on this board not knowing this common knowledge. This is unreal, this is basic I cant believe you dont know this. The ROLB is on the strong side because hes lined up opposite of the LT and TE (the strong side of the offense). I cant believe this is even a discussion. That is really sad mr.stiller, this is football 101.

This is how it was when I was playing in high school.

Explain to me why Derrick Brooks.. the Will in a Tampa 2.. is on the Right side of their defense.

Same with Bart Scott in Baltimore..

Angelo Crowell is a Sam in Buffalo (LOLB)

Ernie Sims is the will in detroit.. Rolb.

TE's more often than not line up on the right side of the OL

steelernation77
11-12-2007, 09:12 PM

ROLB-SLB-SAM
RMLB-SILB-Mack-Ted
LMLB-WILB-Buck-Jack-Mike
LOLB-WLB-WILL

I also think you have this backwards. When we drafted Woodley, the coaches said that he would play LOLB behind Haggans because they liked his pass rushing ability and that the switch from DE to LOLB wouldn't be as difficult because the LOLB has less pass coverage responsibilities than the ROLB. They said (at the time) that Timmons would play ROLB because they liked his coverage speed.

"We plan on playing LaMarr on the left side right now because he's a bigger guy."-Keith Butler
http://news.steelers.com/article/76029/

"Steelers plan to put him on the strong side, where Clark Haggans starts"
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07118/781907-66.stm

Mr. Stiller
11-12-2007, 09:26 PM
I also think you have this backwards. When we drafted Woodley, the coaches said that he would play LOLB behind Haggans because they liked his pass rushing ability and that the switch from DE to LOLB wouldn't be as difficult because the LOLB has less pass coverage responsibilities than the ROLB. They said (at the time) that Timmons would play ROLB because they liked his coverage speed.

"We plan on playing LaMarr on the left side right now because he's a bigger guy."-Keith Butler
http://news.steelers.com/article/76029/

"Steelers plan to put him on the strong side, where Clark Haggans starts"
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07118/781907-66.stm

Yeah..

Just look at the best Wills in the league...

Bulluck, Sims, Scott, Brooks, Peterson, Edwards...

All ROLBS

Then the best Sams:

Johnson(KC), Crowell, Boley, Washington...

All LOLBs

TheWood56
11-12-2007, 09:48 PM

Wow! I'm sorry to say, but you sure are cocky for someone who's wrong. Derrick Brooks is the ROLB for the Buccaneers, and he's their WLB. Cato June is their LOLB, and he is their SLB. Therefore, you are the one who's wrong. You have it completely backwards.

This is really quite sad MOS. This is football 101. This is common knowledge.

Sorry, just had to add that last part in there. No hard feelings?

steelernation77
11-13-2007, 12:24 AM
Wow! I'm sorry to say, but you sure are cocky for someone who's wrong. Derrick Brooks is the ROLB for the Buccaneers, and he's their WLB. Cato June is their LOLB, and he is their SLB. Therefore, you are the one who's wrong. You have it completely backwards.

This is really quite sad MOS. This is football 101. This is common knowledge.

Sorry, just had to add that last part in there. No hard feelings?

While we're on the subject of MoS, does anyone understand why I would get negative rep for saying "For a Canadian you're not much of a socialist" to him.
He told me "not to discriminate against black people."

Does being a socialist have some sort of racial connotation in Canada?

Mr. Stiller
11-13-2007, 12:31 AM
While we're on the subject of MoS, does anyone understand why I would get negative rep for saying "For a Canadian you're not much of a socialist" to him.
He told me "not to discriminate against black people."

Does being a socialist have some sort of racial connotation in Canada?

Negative Repp is a positive for him.. it's like.. inverse meaning.. He doesn't know how to be social without getting unsatisfactory results.

He can be wrong.. it's ok.. if anyone else is.. he has to point it out to make himself feel better.

mikehop05
11-13-2007, 12:32 AM
mos just whines a lot when he doesnt get his way, he also has an on going thing with stiller about well anything he can argue with

and yeah as far as the whole "will / sam / buck/ mac, etc."... its different on a team by team basis, people/coaches use different terms for different uses for different defenses from pee wee up through the nfl,

but one thing is constant and thats the sides...

ROLB / LOLB, but thats not always the same as strong side and weakside... but it can be

steelernation77
11-13-2007, 12:42 AM
Negative Repp is a positive for him.. it's like.. inverse meaning.. He doesn't know how to be social without getting unsatisfactory results.

He can be wrong.. it's ok.. if anyone else is.. he has to point it out to make himself feel better.

He's an interesting fellow to say the least.

Jakey
11-13-2007, 06:57 AM
Yeah the LOLB is definately the Strong Side...the TE's usually line up on the right side of the O-Line. When we drafted Woodley they said they would move him to the strong side, because he is a beastly passrusher...and he is strong enough to beat the tackle and the TE. Timmons would be on the weak side, so he can use his speed in open space. Sorry MoS.

TheWood56
11-13-2007, 07:20 AM
What's negative rep? Is it like a posters rating on this site, where you can lower another posters ratings or something? Can you give positive rep?

terribletowel39
11-13-2007, 09:30 AM
What's negative rep? Is it like a posters rating on this site, where you can lower another posters ratings or something? Can you give positive rep?
yea see the atomic bomb cloud looking thing under all the posters names?? click on that. and it would allow you to hand out rep. although yours won't count positive or negative towards anybody because you are a noob. haha you have to have over 500 post to effect somebody.

and you can see who has given you + or - rep by going to your User Control Panel or User CP its up at the top and on the left.

Jakey
11-13-2007, 09:54 AM
yea see the atomic bomb cloud looking thing under all the posters names??

Haha i used to think that too...it's a pair of weighing scales :)

RoyHall#1
11-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Reading this argument was quite fun.

Man_Of_Steel
11-13-2007, 10:54 AM
Wow, you guys still dont get it. Of course if differs by team especially so in a 4-3. Were running a 3-4. The left side of the offense is strong so the right side of the defense is strong. Also the TE linesup on the left side with the LT about 80% of the time.

steelernation77
11-13-2007, 11:11 AM
"Examples: With a right-handed quarterback, the strong side is generally to his right side."

http://football.about.com/cs/football101/g/gl_strongside.htm

Really though, we often do rush from the right side, but that's usually on passing downs. Often times that guy will be lined up in a three point, and it could be any of our linebackers.

Man_Of_Steel
11-13-2007, 11:17 AM
Yeah..

Just look at the best Wills in the league...

Bulluck, Sims, Scott, Brooks, Peterson, Edwards...

All ROLBS

Then the best Sams:

Johnson(KC), Crowell, Boley, Washington...

All LOLBs

Bulluck, Sims, Scott, Brooks, Peterson and Edwards akll play in the 4-3, way to go stilller your only defence in this arguement is is irrelevent. I'd like for you to find me some 3-4 linebacklers that you can back your point with....ohh thats right their arent any. Way to try and pull a fast one, you may have fooled all your followers but thats not good enough. The same goes for Johnson, Crowell, Boley and Washington, they play in the 4-3. SO thanks for thepost that rallied your blind troops but next time make a post that holds water, all you did were name 4-3 LBs, is it a coincidence that out of the 10 players you named not 1 plays the 3-4, I dont think so.

Man_Of_Steel
11-13-2007, 11:22 AM
"Examples: With a right-handed quarterback, the strong side is generally to his right side."

http://football.about.com/cs/football101/g/gl_strongside.htm

Really though, we often do rush from the right side, but that's usually on passing downs. Often times that guy will be lined up in a three point, and it could be any of our linebackers.

Youve ot to be kidding me right, this guy doesnt know anything. This is what he put...
"About Football Glossary - Strong Side"
From James Alder,
Your Guide to Football.
Definition: The side of the offensive formation where the tight end aligns.
Examples: With a right-handed quarterback, the strong side is generally to his right side."

The definition is correct. Where the TE alligns is the strong side and 80% of the time its the left side.
The Example is WRONG. The majority of QBs in the league are right handed which makes the strong side the left side not the right. The line protects his backside not his front. When a QB is right handed (majority) the stron side of the line is always the left side to protect his blindside.

steelernation77
11-13-2007, 11:54 AM
Youve ot to be kidding me right, this guy doesnt know anything. This is what he put...
"About Football Glossary - Strong Side"
From James Alder,
Your Guide to Football.
Definition: The side of the offensive formation where the tight end aligns.
Examples: With a right-handed quarterback, the strong side is generally to his right side."

The definition is correct. Where the TE alligns is the strong side and 80% of the time its the left side.
The Example is WRONG. The majority of QBs in the league are right handed which makes the strong side the left side not the right. The line protects his backside not his front. When a QB is right handed (majority) the stron side of the line is always the left side to protect his blindside.

"Experience:
He has covered the world of football for eight NFL seasons at About.com and contributes weekly to The New York Times blog, "The Fifth Down". He has a lifetime of experience closely following all sports, with a never-ending interest in the history and legends of the games. James has also appeared as a special guest on WCCO Radio in Minneapolis, Mn., been quoted in the Washington Times, and has served as an American Football consultant to BBC Radio in London. He has also appeared on ESPN Radio Network's KRKO Radio in Seattle and has published a football trivia book called "YaKnow? Pro Football""
http://football.about.com/mbiopage.htm

He seems to have some pretty good experience for a guy that "knows nothing," but you're right MoS, I'm sure your football knowledge is far superior, maybe you should write him a belittling letter about it. Be sure to include "OMG" several times, it makes your argument appear more mature. Or, you could just accuse him of being a racist like you have now done to me twice. Is there something in the maple syrup up there that makes Canadians on this board give negative rep? I've only gotten negative rep from Canucks. Do you have an inferiority complex or something?

RoyHall#1
11-13-2007, 12:30 PM
http://archive.profootballweekly.com/content/archives/features_2000/football101_052300.asp

A more qualified guy saying the TE generally ligns up on the right side.

Man_Of_Steel
11-13-2007, 01:17 PM
http://archive.profootballweekly.com/content/archives/features_2000/football101_052300.asp

A more qualified guy saying the TE generally ligns up on the right side.

Counter:

http://brucey.net/nflab/howtoplay/formation.html

Man_Of_Steel
11-13-2007, 01:18 PM
Im done talking about this. Its apparent that no side will win so lets set it to rest.

steelernation77
11-13-2007, 02:41 PM
Counter:

http://brucey.net/nflab/howtoplay/formation.html

From the same site:

"The side where the tight end lines up is known as the strong side (since the offence has the extra blocker on that side). The other side is known as the weak side. We assume the tight end is normally set at the right end on the line of scrimmage, from where he can block as a lineman or release to catch like a receiver. The strong side is the open side for the quarterback (in Gameplan quarterbacks are always considered as being right-handed)."

http://www.brucey.net/nflab/mainpage.html

Mr. Stiller
11-13-2007, 05:03 PM
Bulluck, Sims, Scott, Brooks, Peterson and Edwards akll play in the 4-3, way to go stilller your only defence in this arguement is is irrelevent. I'd like for you to find me some 3-4 linebacklers that you can back your point with....ohh thats right their arent any. Way to try and pull a fast one, you may have fooled all your followers but thats not good enough. The same goes for Johnson, Crowell, Boley and Washington, they play in the 4-3. SO thanks for thepost that rallied your blind troops but next time make a post that holds water, all you did were name 4-3 LBs, is it a coincidence that out of the 10 players you named not 1 plays the 3-4, I dont think so.

Actually there is..

Strongside and Weakside aren't defined by the frotn 7 alignment but the accepted strongside of the offense.

so regardless of the defensive alignment, the left is the strong side and the right the weakside.

SS normally line up on the left. Same with the SOLB's and SDEs.

Look at Dallas, ourselves and San Diego.

Merriman and Ellis/Spencer and Woodley/Haggans are SOLB's.

Phillips, Ware and Harrison are WOLBS.

skarocksoi
11-13-2007, 05:43 PM
Its really quite pointless to argue this, especially with MoS. It always just turns into a pissing contest.

I agree we need another good pass rusher in this years draft. I like Woodley, but you can never have too many good rushers.

Also, I was watching First Take today and Faneca was being interviewed. They asked about his comments before this season and asked who he wanted to play for next year and he said the Steelers. He basically explained that his comments were to be taken as "that is what he thought would happen, but the door is always open". Is there a chance we offer him something closer to what he wants and let him retire a Steeler, or do we still let him go. Locking him up would help solidify this line for the next few years.

mikehop05
11-13-2007, 07:12 PM
sadly i think we let him go, we cant invest that kinda money in a guard who is getting over the hill right now... which sucks because he is still our best linemen

Smooth Criminal
11-13-2007, 09:21 PM
I really want them to come to a deal with Faneca but I just don't think it will happen. I think someone will come in and pay him way more than he is worth and the Steelers won't join the bidding war.

Mr. Stiller
11-13-2007, 09:29 PM
I don't it will especially after we freaked out and signed Simmons to a ridiculous deal.

Hines
11-13-2007, 10:49 PM
which jersey should i get for xmas

lambert
holmes
miller
or woodley

im leaning towards lambert and woodley

thoughts?

Man_Of_Steel
11-13-2007, 10:52 PM

lambert
holmes
miller
or woodley

thoughts?

Charlie Batch.

TheWood56
11-13-2007, 11:34 PM
If it were me HinesWardJr, I'd want a Woodley jersey 1st, Holmes jersey 2nd, Miller jersey 3rd, and a Lambert jersey 4th. Unfortunatley, Lambert doesn't play anymore, so I'd rather have a young Steelers players jersey that's going to be around for a while. Also, Woodley and Holmes are two of my favourite players, so I'd love to have either one of their jersey's. Woodley's an absolute beast, and Holmes is just a playmaker. Miller's great, though Woodley and Holmes are just more exciting. Lambert was great back in the day, though if it were me, I'd want a Steelers jersey of a player that's young, and is going to hopefully play at a high level for a while. That's just me though.

About the TE discussion, I'm pretty sure the majority of TE's in the league line up on the right side of the line, seeing as though most of the QB's in the league are right handed. Though, if the TE plays in an offense with a left handed QB, obviously the TE lines up on the left side of the line the majority of the time. Basically, I thought the TE usually lines up on the QB's open side most of the time.

About Faneca, I don't think we re-sign him, and frankly, if we don't, I don't really care, especially with the amount of money he will demand on the open market. I just think it's too much money to dish out, especially since he is getting older, and his play may decrease over the next couple of years. The Steelers usually do a good job of deciding whether or not to re-sign a player, or if it's best just to let that player go. Whatever they do, I'm sure the Steelers will make the right decision at the end of the day. Saying that though, they made a huge mistake extending Simmons contract and giving him that new, big deal. This may be one of the biggest mistakes I can remember the Steelers FO ever making. However, I feel we do need change along the o-line, because our o-line just isn't playing well enough at the moment, and didn't play anywhere near well enough last season either. I'd like two huge mauler's at both the G positions, and a C that won't get man handled if he's one-on-one with an opposing DT. I'd just like the interior of our o-line to be big, mean, and powerful. I'd like for us to just be able to run up the guts, and for our o-line to just dominate the defense's d-line. I'm sick of our o-line getting dominated. We need an o-line that can open holes for Parker in the running game consitantly, and protect Ben in the passing game consistantly. Also, if both our OT's could pass protect and run block at a high level, this would be awesome.

terribletowel39
11-14-2007, 01:00 AM
About Faneca, I don't think we re-sign him, and frankly, if we don't, I don't really care, especially with the amount of money he will demand on the open market. I just think it's too much money to dish out, especially since he is getting older, and his play may decrease over the next couple of years. The Steelers usually do a good job of deciding whether or not to re-sign a player, or if it's best just to let that player go. Whatever they do, I'm sure the Steelers will make the right decision at the end of the day. Saying that though, they made a huge mistake extending Simmons contract and giving him that new, big deal. This may be one of the biggest mistakes I can remember the Steelers FO ever making. However, I feel we do need change along the o-line, because our o-line just isn't playing well enough at the moment, and didn't play anywhere near well enough last season either. I'd like two huge mauler's at both the G positions, and a C that won't get man handled if he's one-on-one with an opposing DT. I'd just like the interior of our o-line to be big, mean, and powerful. I'd like for us to just be able to run up the guts, and for our o-line to just dominate the defense's d-line. I'm sick of our o-line getting dominated. We need an o-line that can open holes for Parker in the running game consitantly, and protect Ben in the passing game consistantly. Also, if both our OT's could pass protect and run block at a high level, this would be awesome.
Not to be like Captain Obvious but I am pretty sure every football fan in america (and outside for you outsiders) would want that for the team they root for. You just described the greatest offensive line ever. if all that happens at one time our line will go down as the greatest ever. it would be nice but all that would never happen.

TheWood56
11-14-2007, 03:21 AM
Not to be like Captain Obvious but I am pretty sure every football fan in america (and outside for you outsiders) would want that for the team they root for. You just described the greatest offensive line ever. if all that happens at one time our line will go down as the greatest ever. it would be nice but all that would never happen.

Oh, I see we have a Captain Obvious on this site now. Nah, just joking. When I was saying we needed change along the o-line, I was trying to explain that I think we need bigger, stronger o-linemen on the inside, because at the moment, we definately don't have that in Mahan or Simmons, and even though Faneca's a good run blocker, I think he really struggles at times in pass protection. I'm just sick of our o-line not consistantly opening holes for Parker in the running game, and not pass protecting at a level that's acceptable. Also, the interior of our o-line just gets absolutely dominated by teams with bigger, stronger d-lines (Jaguars, Ravens, Patriots, Chargers). Saying that, even Faneca got abused by Darnell Dockett earlier in the season when we played the Cardinals, and he's not even a bigger DT, he's 285 lbs, and he dominated Faneca. WTF? That can't happen, and Simmons get's dominated and thrown around nearly every week by nearly everyone he's up against. I'd just like to see our o-line have a complete overhaul, besides probably Marvel Smith and Willie Colon. I'd love to see Marvel back at RT, and I'd like to see Colon shifted inside.

Anyways, when I was explaining what I think we needed along the o-line, I realized I was explaining a pretty top o-line, so I thought I may aswell add the OT's into my post and say that we also need two OT's that are great at both pass protection and run blocking. So yeah, I kinda realized towards the end of my post that the o-line I was explaining would be pretty damn good, though I thought, stuff it, I've wrote too much already, I'll just post it.

Jakey
11-14-2007, 07:18 AM
Willie Colon was touted as a dominant run blocker...but looking over some game tape, i've noticed that he's just as dominant (if not more) in the passing game. I watched the Steelers/Ravens game again...and Colon straight up stonewalled Suggs/Scott/JJ on pretty much every blitz. So i just wondered if they might plan on keeping him at tackle, instead of moving him to guard (which pretty much every1 on here expects). I also wondered if Max Starks might get resigned, and possibly try him at guard...Just an idea =D

DeathbyStat
11-14-2007, 11:52 AM

lambert
holmes
miller
or woodley

thoughts?

Take Lambert

diabsoule
11-14-2007, 11:59 AM
Ryan Clark and Jerame Tuman were placed on IR.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3109921

Jakey
11-14-2007, 01:02 PM
I thought they might have added Jon Dekker from the practice squad...he looked good in the preseason.

TheWood56
11-14-2007, 07:03 PM
Willie Colon was touted as a dominant run blocker...but looking over some game tape, i've noticed that he's just as dominant (if not more) in the passing game. I watched the Steelers/Ravens game again...and Colon straight up stonewalled Suggs/Scott/JJ on pretty much every blitz. So i just wondered if they might plan on keeping him at tackle, instead of moving him to guard (which pretty much every1 on here expects). I also wondered if Max Starks might get resigned, and possibly try him at guard...Just an idea =D

Honestly, I don't expect them to shift Colon inside, though I thought he may be better suited there. He IS playing well at RT though, so I guess if it's not broke, don't fix it. If the Steelers coaching staff knew Colon could play inside though, which I think he could, that would allow us to possibly draft a player like Jeff Otah, who I think could be a great RT for us. If we drafted a player like Otah, or another player that could potentially be a great RT, that would allow us to shift Colon inside to G, or even possibly C, where I believe he took some reps at during training camp. I say C, along with G, because personally, I think Colon could make a good C, and also because I don't think Mahan's the long term answer inside at C. It would just be really interesting IMO to see Colon play inside, either at C or G. If he doesn't work out playing inside, they could always shift him back to RT, though I couldn't see why he wouldn't succeed playing on the inside.

Also, about Starks, I would have also liked to see Starks play some G possibly in the pre-season, though it looks like that'll never happen, because I highly doubt he's a Steeler next season. Unfortunately, I believe we've missed our boat on that one.

Mr. Stiller
11-15-2007, 12:04 PM
I too think Starks would've been special as a RG in a shawn Andrews kind of way.

We added Grant Mason and Marvin Phillip to the 53... and Mike Lorello/Anthony Trucks (LB) to the PS.

Trucks is a 6'1 240lb ILB that was a former college SS.

Mr. Stiller
11-15-2007, 07:41 PM
Wow, what a surprise... negative repped twice by MoS. Grow up dude.

mikehop05
11-15-2007, 07:52 PM
damn double post

mikehop05
11-15-2007, 07:53 PM
i got neg repped by someone idk who though

Hines
11-15-2007, 07:53 PM
at least yall didnt get rep rapped by everyone

Mr. Stiller
11-15-2007, 08:08 PM

? I'm lost

TheWood56
11-15-2007, 10:08 PM
How the hell do you guys know if someone has given you negative rep? I want to know if someone has given me negative rep.

TheWood56
11-15-2007, 10:11 PM

I'm guessing a whole lot of people gave you negative rep at once?

TheWood56
11-15-2007, 10:16 PM
I too think Starks would've been special as a RG in a shawn Andrews kind of way.

We added Grant Mason and Marvin Phillip to the 53... and Mike Lorello/Anthony Trucks (LB) to the PS.

Trucks is a 6'1 240lb ILB that was a former college SS.

What? We have an ILB on our PS that was a SS in college? That's quite a transition. Playing SS in college, to playing ILB for a 3-4 defense.

Hines
11-15-2007, 10:17 PM
I'm guessing a whole lot of people gave you negative rep at once?

thats what neg rapped means

it sucks haha

TheWood56
11-15-2007, 10:19 PM
thats what neg rapped means

it sucks haha

How did you know?

Hines
11-15-2007, 10:26 PM
How did you know?

cuz i got rep rapped the other day

Smooth Criminal
11-15-2007, 10:30 PM
I hate this rep system thing. Its absolutely pointless. Like I care if some Browns fan neg reps me because I think the Steelers would win.

Hell I didn't even know how to check rep till a couple days ago. Its just stupid.

steelernation77
11-15-2007, 11:21 PM
? I'm lost

He means rep raped.

Edit: Ah, I just realized I also got a neg rep from MoS. What a delightful guy.

mikehop05
11-16-2007, 01:06 AM
I hate this rep system thing. Its absolutely pointless. Like I care if some Browns fan neg reps me because I think the Steelers would win.

Hell I didn't even know how to check rep till a couple days ago. Its just stupid.

agreed

ooo i have more green bars which obviously means im cooler

TheWood56
11-16-2007, 02:04 AM
cuz i got rep rapped the other day

Yeah, that sucks, but how did you know so many people gave you negative rep? I want to know if anyone has gave me any negative rep yet.

Also, does anyone ever give out any positive rep?

TheWood56
11-16-2007, 02:12 AM
He means rep raped.

Edit: Ah, I just realized I also got a neg rep from MoS. What a delightful guy.

Why? Does it say why you got given the negative rep, or do you just get negative rep off of someone if they just don't like you or something?

TheWood56
11-16-2007, 07:23 AM
What do you guys think of Scott's new mock? He has us drafting Jeff Otah with the 28th overall pick.

terribletowel39
11-16-2007, 08:46 AM
Yeah, that sucks, but how did you know so many people gave you negative rep? I want to know if anyone has gave me any negative rep yet.

Also, does anyone ever give out any positive rep?
up at the top where it says User CP click on that and it will take you to a page where you can Edit all your info, visit all the threads you have posted in for a quick reference and then scroll towards the bottom of the User Cp and it will tell you about the rep. who has neg repped you or pos. sometimes they give reasons. things like that.

mikehop05
11-16-2007, 01:10 PM
up at the top where it says User CP click on that and it will take you to a page where you can Edit all your info, visit all the threads you have posted in for a quick reference and then scroll towards the bottom of the User Cp and it will tell you about the rep. who has neg repped you or pos. sometimes they give reasons. things like that.

sweet i didnt even know about this...

thanks to all my boys who pos repped me after MoS neg repped me for 'language on prior posts'

skarocksoi
11-16-2007, 05:11 PM
For those who dont know, I believe you can appeal negative rep if you believe that it is being abused, you just have to tell a mod or something. I personally don't care, because the only good thing about rep is the little quotes that pop up when you roll over your bar, but if you think someone is abusing the whole rep thing you can possibly get yours changed.

And its really a shame that fans of the same team try to bring each other down just because they dont like what the other has to say. We should be appreciating everyone else's input and criticism and not bashing and neg repping each other like a bunch of prissy girls. (Not a shot against girls)

S4L
11-16-2007, 06:21 PM
For those who dont know, I believe you can appeal negative rep if you believe that it is being abused, you just have to tell a mod or something. I personally don't care, because the only good thing about rep is the little quotes that pop up when you roll over your bar, but if you think someone is abusing the whole rep thing you can possibly get yours changed.

And its really a shame that fans of the same team try to bring each other down just because they dont like what the other has to say. We should be appreciating everyone else's input and criticism and not bashing and neg repping each other like a bunch of prissy girls. (Not a shot against girls)

Well said. Rep should be used to evaluate the quality of someone's input to the boards, not whether or not they have the same opinion as you. If someone posts something as ridiculous as trading Troy for a 4th-round choice, hell yeah you can negative rep them, but differing opinions should not be the cause of it.

On the other hand, positive rep should be reserved for quality posts, not for "helping out your boy." If you feel someone is abusing the rep system, don't be afraid to tell a mod.

Like it or not, the rep system is an evaluation of a poster on these boards, and it's our responsibility to make sure that it is the right evaluation, because it can easily be taken away.

Now, enough talk about rep, and more talk about how we need to kick it out of bounds on every punt and kickoff this Sunday. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

Jakey
11-16-2007, 06:26 PM
phewwww! Lets get back to football...and hell yeah, the ST best be on top form this week...Leon Washington leads the league in kick return avg'. I heard something about Keisel and Harrison might be going back to their roll on ST...which would be cool. As long Harrison doesn't get injured...becsue Lamarr Woodley is out for this game aswell.

Man_Of_Steel
11-16-2007, 06:28 PM
The great part of this coming game is that the Jets cant apply pressure at all, Ben will be able to sit in the pocket, free of running for his life and will be able to pick that defense apart.

TheWood56
11-16-2007, 09:57 PM

Thanks man. Very helpful.

On a side note, I also got negative rep from MOS because I insulted him when he was correct about the strong side/weak side arguement. 1st of all MOS, I was only joking around with you, and 2nd of all, you were just plain wrong in the 1st place. How can I get negative rep for informing you that you had the strong side/weak side thing the wrong way around? If you still think you are right, fine, though that was my opnion and a whole lot of other posters on this board seemed to have the same opinion as me.

TheWood56
11-16-2007, 10:05 PM
The great part of this coming game is that the Jets cant apply pressure at all, Ben will be able to sit in the pocket, free of running for his life and will be able to pick that defense apart.

I agree that Ben should be able to pick that defense apart, though I highly doubt he'll be sitting back in the pocket comfortably facing no pressure the entire game. It seems as though no matter who the Steelers face, Ben's always under constant pressure, and always seems to be running for his life back there.

Man_Of_Steel
11-16-2007, 10:30 PM
I agree that Ben should be able to pick that defense apart, though I highly doubt he'll be sitting back in the pocket comfortably facing no pressure the entire game. It seems as though no matter who the Steelers face, Ben's always under constant pressure, and always seems to be running for his life back there.

Last I heard the Jets had only 9 sacks total this year. He will be pretty cozy this game.

TheWood56
11-16-2007, 10:42 PM
Last I heard the Jets had only 9 sacks total this year. He will be pretty cozy this game.

The Browns never had many sacks coming into our game, and they picked up 4 against us. Lets just say, I'm not very confident with our o-line in pass protection.

Smooth Criminal
11-17-2007, 11:34 AM

The Browns only had 7 before they played us I believe.

But We'll be fine in this one. The Jets offense is bad and their defense can't stop anyone. As long as we don't spot them 21 points like we did the Browns we'll dominate.

Jakey
11-17-2007, 12:39 PM
Does any1 know any other ways to watch games on the net other than sopcast...it's way too unreliable! Thanks guys.

brat316
11-17-2007, 01:04 PM
uh i think espn 360 only if you are a verizon user though

Jakey
11-17-2007, 06:26 PM
Has Mr. Stiller been banned again or somthing...or has he just had enough of all the bitchin.

TheWood56
11-17-2007, 07:47 PM
Has Mr. Stiller been banned again or somthing...or has he just had enough of all the bitchin.

Yeah, I know. He hasn't posted here in a while, which is a shame. If I had to guess though, I'd have to go with option two. I can't say I blame him either. There is a whole lot of it going on around here.

TheWood56
11-17-2007, 07:52 PM
The Browns only had 7 before they played us I believe.

But We'll be fine in this one. The Jets offense is bad and their defense can't stop anyone. As long as we don't spot them 21 points like we did the Browns we'll dominate.

I agree. Our o-line's been terrible in pass protection all season, so even if we do see another poor performance by the o-line in the passing game, I still say we easily come away with the W in this one.

Jakey
11-17-2007, 08:00 PM
Ye for sure...the O-Line needs to step up big time. If they have another poor game this week...i think they should bench Simmons, and give Kemo a shot...OR...try Colon at guard and start Max Starks back at tackle.

TheWood56
11-17-2007, 08:08 PM
Ye for sure...the O-Line needs to step up big time. If they have another poor game this week...i think they should bench Simmons, and give Kemo a shot...OR...try Colon at guard and start Max Starks back at tackle.

I agree. I'd definately bench Simmons and start Kemoeatu at RG.

mikehop05
11-17-2007, 10:13 PM
yeah MoS got stiller banned, MoS said the remark, "oh what a surrpise MoS neg repped me again" from stiller was a personal attack

brat316
11-17-2007, 11:21 PM
Thats uncool man, wat a ****** move. You could also get MoS banned, not like i want to see more people banned, because techincally the Neg rep he would be considered abusing it.

S4L
11-17-2007, 11:59 PM
If Mr. Stiller has been banned, it is not due to anything that has been said in this particular forum recently (let's call it the past week.)

I'm still not 100% on the details on whether or not he has been banned/suspended, but let's just say he has tallied up his fair share of infractions in the past.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Otherwise, let's try to keep this thread Steelers discussion only for the time being.

And bhaarat, try not to use that word that is six letters and starts with D. I edited it. Don't do it again.

brat316
11-18-2007, 12:05 AM
ohhh aight for sure man

TheWood56
11-18-2007, 12:18 AM
Are you serious? MOS got Mr.Stiller banned? That's a real dog shot by MOS. How can he say the remark made by Mr.Stiller was a personal attack? How about that post by MOS where he's bagging Mr.Stiller and saying how dumb he is because he didn't know the weak side from the strong side, when in actual fact, MOS was the one who was wrong IMO. Now, in my eyes, that's what you call a personal attack. Also, I replied to that post saying that I though he was coming off real cocky for someone who was wrong, then he gives me negative rep and say's that I shouldn't insult him like that because he was the one who was right, then he say's if I have an arguement, use logic, don't just insult him. Isn't this logic MOS, by saying that Derrick Brooks plays ROLB for the Buccaneers, and he's their WLB, while Cato June plays LOLB for the Buccaneers, and he's their SLB? I'm pretty sure that's logic MOS.

Anyway, how long's Mr.Stiller banned for? Can he come back?

Sorry, just saw the post above from Steelers4Life.

TheWood56
11-18-2007, 07:05 PM

So, he was going to be cozy and not have to run for his life back there huh? He was going to pick apart that defense? Well, was Ben cozy enough for you in that game? He got sacked 7 times. I told you he's still going to get pressured a whole lot.

So, who was right this time? Do you still think you're right, or are you going to admit that I was right this time? Also, I'll use logic so you don't think I'm just insulting you. Ben got sacked 7 times against the Jets. Is that enough logic?

Hines
11-18-2007, 07:13 PM
this game litterallly made me embarrassed to be a steeler fan

Man_Of_Steel
11-18-2007, 08:30 PM
yeah MoS got stiller banned, MoS said the remark, "oh what a surrpise MoS neg repped me again" from stiller was a personal attack

I never said that or anything, but way to blame me.

Man_Of_Steel
11-18-2007, 08:33 PM
Hop and wood. I never reported or anything on stiller. Fact is hes an abbrassive poster and has always had a high infraction count. You two have both shown no class framing me for something I didnt do. Grow up.

TheWood56
11-18-2007, 08:40 PM
Hop and wood. I never reported or anything on stiller. Fact is hes an abbrassive poster and has always had a high infraction count. You two have both shown no class framing me for something I didnt do. Grow up.

I'm not framing you or anything. I don't even know what happened, though someone said this is what happened, so I believed them. I never second guessed what happened because everyone knows you didn't like Mr.Stiller. I'm just saying, if this is true that you said he personally attacked you for saying something about the negative rep you gave him, that's a real dog shot. You had a pretty abusive post towards him only a few days ago. I'd say if anything, that's a personal attack.

TheWood56
11-18-2007, 08:43 PM
Also, it helps when you post with Mr.Stiller on another site and he tells you that you did get him banned permanately from this site for saying he personally attacked you.

Man_Of_Steel
11-18-2007, 08:48 PM
Also, it helps when you post with Mr.Stiller on another site and he tells you that you did get him banned permanately from this site for saying he personally attacked you.

When your banned your not granted access to the forum. He has no idea why he was banned. I didnt do anything to get him banned so stiffle. Maybe you dont know but he was banned a few months ago and was brought back, perhaps he was on probation.

TheWood56
11-18-2007, 09:03 PM
When your banned your not granted access to the forum. He has no idea why he was banned. I didnt do anything to get him banned so stiffle. Maybe you dont know but he was banned a few months ago and was brought back, perhaps he was on probation.

Well, I don't know what happened, but when someone on this site says you got him banned, then Mr.Stiller says on another site you got him banned, people tend to believe it, including myself. This is what he said:

Me: Did you get banned from NFLDC?

Mr.Stiller: Yep, MoS told the admin that I was personally attacking him and they gave me enough infraction points to have me banned, permanently.

Man_Of_Steel
11-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Well, I don't know what happened, but when someone on this site says you got him banned, then Mr.Stiller says on another site you got him banned, people tend to believe it, including myself. This is what he said:

Me: Did you get banned from NFLDC?

Mr.Stiller: Yep, MoS told the admin that I was personally attacking him and they gave me enough infraction points to have me banned, permanently.

What admin? I never involved anyone in anything.

TheWood56
11-18-2007, 09:13 PM
What admin? I never involved anyone in anything.

I have no idea. Isn't it funny though how someone on this site says you got him banned by saying he personally attacked you, then Mr.Stiller says the same thing. Everyone knows you didn't like Mr.Stiller though, so it comes as no surprise. Also, I believe the last time he got banned was because his sig was too big or something. So, it's not like he got banned for doing something like 'personally attacking someone'.

Hines
11-18-2007, 09:20 PM
wow i thought this site and forum was for people who liked to talk about football and enjoyed the sport as much as i do and to talk about it and discuss and debate..now this site and this steeler board is nothing more then people acting liek we are ******* 5...all of you need to grow the **** up..if you guys have problems with eachother, send it via pm, not on this forum...this site is for football only...so lets talk about steeler football and figure out how to **** the dolphins up next monday and what we need to do to perform better as a team...jesus

TheWood56
11-18-2007, 09:29 PM
Calm down. I'm just pissed off because the Steelers just lost to a 1-8 team, and because we just lost a knowledgeable poster to something that sounds ridiculous. Anyway, if we lose to the Dolphins next week, we don't deserve to be in the play-offs. If our o-line and ST's were half decent, we'd be 10-0 now. There's no way we lose to the Dolphins next week. I'm confident we'll win, though saying that, I was confident we'd win big coming into this game.

Hines
11-18-2007, 09:31 PM
Calm down. I'm just pissed off because the Steelers just lost to a 1-8 team, and because we just lost a knowledgable poster to something that sounds ridiculous. Anyway, if we lose to the Dolphins next week, we don't deserve to be in the play-offs. If our o-line and ST's were half decent, we would be 10-0now. There's no way we lose to the Dolphins next week. I'm confident we'll win, though saying that, I was confident we'd win big coming into this game.

i am calm, but it seems like an everyother day occurance that mos and stiller are fighting

or people are jumping on mos

or people are arguing on this

and im getting tired of it

its all ********....i for one want to act like adults in which a lot of us are, not the little junior high ******** that we were in like five years ago

TheWood56
11-18-2007, 09:39 PM
We talking football or not?

Hines
11-18-2007, 09:41 PM
We talking football or not?

yes for now on, only football can be talked here, if you want to ***** about other things, send it on pm

TheWood56
11-18-2007, 09:51 PM
yes for now on, only football can be talked here, if you want to ***** about other things, send it on pm

I'm not bitching, I'm discussing what the hell happened to Mr.Stiller, but since it's quite obvious, I guess that topic can be put to rest. I was talking about football and how the o-line just got raped yet again, then MOS starts accusing me of framing him. WTF? I was on the topic of football.

Hines
11-18-2007, 09:53 PM
I'm not bitching, I'm discussing what the hell happened to Mr.Stiller, but since it's quite obvious, I guess that topic can be put to rest. I was talking about football and how the o-line just got raped yet again, then MOS starts accusing me of framing him. WTF? I was on the topic of football.

yes yes, just drop it now

i think we need a lot of olineman in the offseason

TheWood56
11-18-2007, 10:09 PM
yes yes, just drop it now

i think we need a lot of olineman in the offseason

We need to actually sign a good o-line coach like both the Patriots and Colts have. We also need to sign a good ST's coach. The o-line and ST's are killing us IMO. I really think we need to draft a couple of good o-linemen in next years draft (Jeff Otah and Chris Williams?). Next season I'd really like to see:

LT: Marvel Smith. Solid LT. Really need to draft his future replacement though. Chris Williams late in the 1st possibly.
LG: Kendall Simmons. Unfortunately with his new contract, I think he'll be around for a while. Hopefully his play can improve at LG.
C: Willie Colon. I think he's better suited for the inside. I'd really like to see him at C, as Mahan's not the long term answer.
RG: Chris Kemoeatu. Big bodied road grader that will hopefully be just that at the RG position next season.
RT: Jeff Otah. I'd really like to draft this guy along with Chris Williams in rounds 1 and 2 of next years draft. Otah would make a great RT and in a season or two behing Smith, Williams could be a great LT.

skarocksoi
11-18-2007, 10:12 PM
I dont know about a lot, but we do need some better lineman. The problem is, we cant just draft a bunch of rookies and expect them to come and make the line better. We certainly wont get a Joe Thomas type who doesnt give up any sacks his rookie season, so putting in someone less experienced than what we have now wont be much of a help. That means getting people in FA, but we commonly dont spend lots of money on FA's and they would also have to gel with the current players we have now. I think the best thing to do would be:

1. Resign Faneca - He's had some lapses this year, and I have to wonder if its the fact he's getting old or no desire to play all out cause he might not come back, but he's still our best lineman and locking him up for the next few years might provide motivation.

2. Look for FA RT - Willie Colon has done somewhat admirably in my eyes at RT but he makes mistakes and sometimes doesnt seem to play all out. We could bring in a veteran FA to replace him and move him over to play RG instead of Simmons. Again, the new guy would have to mesh with our current players, and we dont usually spend big bucks, so this could be a no go.

3. Draft Lineman - At least pick up a good tackle and guard to coach up for the future. We need someone to replace Smith and a guard, depending on what happens with Faneca. Promising youth would be nice.

Another possibility - Fire the o-line coach. Yes that means no more porn being sent across the league, but maybe that could be the problem. At the beginning of the season I thought it was just that maybe the line needed to grow accustomed to one another, but that should have happened by now. I think the problem lies more with talent, but who evaluates that and builds on it? The line coach.

What will probably happen? Nothing. Im sure we draft a couple lineman, but who knows where and whether or not they pan out. I doubt any big FA's show up, and Faneca will probably bolt. We could be in serious trouble unless the front office works some magic.

Thats my snap judgement after a horrible show today, so who knows how I feel later this week.

Hines
11-18-2007, 10:16 PM
1-chris williams
2-crable
3-jordan grimes

thats what i would do in the first three rounds

i would restructure starks contract and if we can get a pick for him, then let him walk, if not, then resign him and put him at rt

move colon to rg
move simmons to center

then we will have

LT:Marvel Smith/Chris Williams
LG:Jordan Grimes/Kemoeatu
C:Kendall Simmons/Sean Mahan
RG:Willie Colon/Fa
RT:Max Starks/Fa

Hines
11-18-2007, 10:33 PM
i feel another mock coming

if i decide to do it, it will be up tommarow

TheWood56
11-18-2007, 10:51 PM
1-chris williams
2-crable
3-jordan grimes

thats what i would do in the first three rounds

i would restructure starks contract and if we can get a pick for him, then let him walk, if not, then resign him and put him at rt

move colon to rg
move simmons to center

then we will have

LT:Marvel Smith/Chris Williams
LG:Jordan Grimes/Kemoeatu
C:Kendall Simmons/Sean Mahan
RG:Willie Colon/Fa
RT:Max Starks/Fa

I want Chris Williams in round 1 and Jeff Otah in round 2. Also, if we could re-sign Max Starks for next to nothing, I'd re-sign him. If this were to happen, I'd be extremely happy. That way:

LT: Marvel Smith/Chris Williams
LG: Kendall Simmons/Darnell Stapleton
C: Willie Colon/Sean Mahan
RG: Chris Kemoeatu/Max Starks
RT: Jeff Otah/Max Starks/Chris Williams

brat316
11-18-2007, 10:51 PM
Williams we need that man
Oher hows he looking

Also the Steelers won't spend money, if they do it somehow turns out to be the wrong choice, Let go of Plax, and El, okay eventually we found replacements for them. So we are going to let go Faneca. Sometimes Steelers do get it right with the release of Porter. Hopefully we draft 2 linemen in the first 3 rounds

You would think by now the line would start meshing together, but it doesn't seem to be its getting worse. Good job to who ever called it saying that we might loose becuase of the pass rush. Cleavland blew and got a bunch of sacks, Jets blew and they got a bunch of sacks.

brat316
11-18-2007, 10:52 PM
Starks is a big dude, I think he should be moved to the inside to play Guard.

TheWood56
11-18-2007, 10:54 PM
Starks is a big dude, I think he should be moved to the inside to play Guard.

Are you talking about my post? I have Starks backing-up Kemoeatu at RG. I think Starks would be much better at RG then he is at RT. I also have him backing-up Otah along with Williams for the RT position.

brat316
11-18-2007, 10:55 PM
yeah, but you have him at T as well

TheWood56
11-18-2007, 11:02 PM
Williams we need that man
Oher hows he looking

Also the Steelers won't spend money, if they do it somehow turns out to be the wrong choice, Let go of Plax, and El, okay eventually we found replacements for them. So we are going to let go Faneca. Sometimes Steelers do get it right with the release of Porter. Hopefully we draft 2 linemen in the first 3 rounds

You would think by now the line would start meshing together, but it doesn't seem to be its getting worse. Good job to who ever called it saying that we might loose becuase of the pass rush. Cleavland blew and got a bunch of sacks, Jets blew and they got a bunch of sacks.

I believe that was me. MOS was saying how cozy Ben will be in the pocket against the Jets and how he'll be able to pick apart that defense because they can't apply any amount of pressure. I said Ben wouldn't be cozy and it wouldn't surprise me if Ben faced a whole lot of pressure seeing as though the Browns never had many sacks coming into our game and they picked up 4 against us. I never thought we were going to lose though. I thought even with plenty of pressure, we'd come away with an easy victory in this one. I guess I was wrong.

TheWood56
11-18-2007, 11:05 PM
yeah, but you have him at T as well

I know. I have him at RG because I think he'd be a much better RG then a RT, though I also have him backing up Otah for the RT position along with Williams. He can back-up both the RG and RT positions.

TerribleEd
11-19-2007, 12:47 PM
Can someone name a Guard who is as tall as Max Starks? I just don't see him as a Guard whatsoever.

Man_Of_Steel
11-19-2007, 02:34 PM
Are you all taking crazy pills? Starks is about as opposite as you can get from guard. Hes a tackle, by no means does he have anything in form of guard.

TheWood56
11-19-2007, 07:26 PM
Are you all taking crazy pills? Starks is about as opposite as you can get from guard. Hes a tackle, by no means does he have anything in form of guard.

Honestly, I have no idea what your talking about. Starks is about as opposite from a guard as you can get? By no means does he have anything in form of a guard. Please explain, I'd love to hear you reasoning behind this one.

skarocksoi
11-19-2007, 09:08 PM
I wondered about starks at guard too, but we usually have more athletic guys on the interior so they can pull and run traps. Starks is anything but athletic. If we were more a straightforward power I team, then maybe, but I dont know either way really.

skarocksoi
11-19-2007, 09:10 PM
Oh, and Wood if you talk to Stiller regularly, tell him to send us a mock every now and then. I did enjoy reading those things as he had some good in depth analysis of his choices.

TerribleEd
11-19-2007, 10:24 PM
Stiller has been back posting for a while now.

TheWood56
11-20-2007, 12:20 AM
I wondered about starks at guard too, but we usually have more athletic guys on the interior so they can pull and run traps. Starks is anything but athletic. If we were more a straightforward power I team, then maybe, but I dont know either way really.

The thing is, how have our athletic guards faired this season? Simmons strong point is his athleticism, and how's he look out there? Mahan, even though he's our C, he's athletic, and how's he look out there? Our o-line just gets dominated more often then not. Even Faneca gets dominated at times, though most likely in the passing game. Remeber against Arizona earlier in the season, Darnell Docket just raped him all game, and Docket's 285 lbs. WTF? That just can't happen. I'd rather our entire o-line be big, strong and powerful, so that way they can actually block the man who's in front of them one-on-one. I'm sick of our o-line getting dominated and being thrown around like little rag dolls out there, week in, week out. They can't pass block and they are somewhat inconsistant in the running game. I'm just sick of our weak, little, athletic o-line. Faneca who wants this huge a$$ contract isn't even playing that well at the moment IMO. He certainly can't pass block, that's for sure, but saying that, who can pass block on our o-line? Coming into the season, if I had known that our o-line would be playing this poorly and be getting dominated this much, I would have liked to see a very different o-line. If this o-line were to train together through out training camp and play together through out the pre-season so they were accustomed to each other and their new positions, I'd have loved to see these 5 out there actually earning their paychecks:

LT: Marvel Smith
LG: Chris Kemoeatu
C: Alan Faneca
RG: Max Starks
RT: Willie Colon

Now, this o-line wouldn't get dominated nearly as much as the o-line we're fielding now IMO. This o-line, with the whole off-season to gel and train together and get accustomed to each other and their new positions, I feel they could potentially dominate. They're just big and powerful. This o-line surely wouldn't get thrown around like rag dolls every week by every d-line in the league. I also couldn't see this o-line having any trouble consistantly opening holes for Willie Parker in the running game. I know it wouldn't be an athletic, pulling o-line, though these 5 guys I feel could just take out the man in front of them, something our current o-line just doesn't do. We also run Willie up the guts a fair bit, so why not run him up the guts behind some big bodied run maulers that will actually do their jobs?

skarocksoi
11-20-2007, 06:06 AM
The problem is, Max Starks got consistantly dominated last year by every speed rusher he went up against. Its not like our guys are losing on the bull rush every time, its usually that they are getting beat around the edge. Bigger guys are only going to be slower and less likely to beat a fast guy, at least on the outside.

And just because an o-line is big, that doesnt make it good. To have the big runs you are talking about, you need someone up field blocking for you. If Willie has someone to spring him at the second leve, he can potentially take it to the house almost every time. Thats what the pulls and the traps allow you to do. Take a lineman and get him into the second level.

I dont think the line is getting manhandled and pushed around so much as just getting beat to a spot or making mistakes in protection. Mahan and Simmons are the only two I can think of who get tossed around, and I think Simmons' problem is poor technique as opposed to physical weakness.

brat316
11-20-2007, 08:34 AM
Or take a FB to the second level.

Yeah thats why I think Starks should be moved to inside, he gets beat around the corner. At least at Guard he is mostly facing the DTs bull rush. I think he is athletich enough to make it 5 yards up field to get to the Lbs.

skarocksoi
11-20-2007, 11:14 AM
I think he would have to lose some weight, plus he's pretty tall. That means a higher center of gravity and thus easier to push around, especially for stronger guys. I think that was part of his problem at tackle. Either he got beat around the edge, or thrown off balance cause he doesnt play low enough.

He very well might be able to make the transition, and it would be interesting to see if he can. Remember though, I believe that he's an RFA this year (or maybe just a FA?) so he could be gone.

brat316
11-20-2007, 11:24 AM
Yeah, this year he was a RFA, next year he is a FA.

Hines
11-20-2007, 08:41 PM
damn poly and holmes are out for sunday

brat316
11-20-2007, 08:47 PM
and Woodley is injured, Parker and Krieder

TheWood56
11-21-2007, 12:17 AM
The problem is, Max Starks got consistantly dominated last year by every speed rusher he went up against. Its not like our guys are losing on the bull rush every time, its usually that they are getting beat around the edge. Bigger guys are only going to be slower and less likely to beat a fast guy, at least on the outside.

And just because an o-line is big, that doesnt make it good. To have the big runs you are talking about, you need someone up field blocking for you. If Willie has someone to spring him at the second leve, he can potentially take it to the house almost every time. Thats what the pulls and the traps allow you to do. Take a lineman and get him into the second level.

I dont think the line is getting manhandled and pushed around so much as just getting beat to a spot or making mistakes in protection. Mahan and Simmons are the only two I can think of who get tossed around, and I think Simmons' problem is poor technique as opposed to physical weakness.

I know what you're saying, though Starks being consistantly beat by speed rushers off the edge is why I feel he would be a better RG then a RT. He gets good push in the running game and at guard, he won't have to worry about being beat by speed rushers off the edge.

I'm not saying that this o-line would be good just because they are big, though I think they would be more consistant in opening holes for the running game, and surely they couldn't be any worse in pass protection. These big units on the interior may just buy Ben enough time to consistantly step up into the pocket and make his throws. Also, I never said anything about Willie making big runs, so honestly, I have know idea where you got that from. I certainly never said it. I did say that they run Willie up the guts a fair bit, so why not run him up the guts behind some big run maulers? The o-line we are fielding now I feel are very inconsistant in the running game, not to mention next to pathetic in the passing game. They have to create the holes up front first before they can even get to the second level and try to spring Willie for a big one. At the moment, I don't think they're consistantly opening up holes for Willie to run through, therefore Willie's getting consistantly hit at the LOS for no gain. Our running game needs to be more consistant, including Willie, though I really think it has to start up front.

Maybe our o-line isn't literally getting tossed around, though I feel as though our o-line loses more battles in the trenches then they win. Plain and simple, they just lose more times then they win, in the trenches that is. I'd like to see our o-line play consistantly good on a weekly basis. I don't know what it is with Simmons either, though whatever it is, if it's just poor technique or he's simply just not strong enough, he's certainly not getting the job done out there. He looks physically weak out there to me though, though maybe that's just because he does play with very poor technique. I don't know, though Simmons and Mahan are definately the weak links along the o-line, though they're definately not the only one's playing poorly.

skarocksoi
11-21-2007, 04:46 PM
I was just making a general statement about the running game with my comments about big runs, not responding to anything you had said, and I agree with you that we seriously lack consistancy. The entire success of a football team corrolates directly with who wins the battles in the trenches, and we need a consistant line to do that. I just have to wonder if we will develop consistancy with more time or if we need to make changes. I'd have to say, that I would like to get replacements for Mahan and Simmons, however that needs to be done. Like I said, I dont know if Starks can move inside and do that, but I'm leaning towards he can't. This might be a moot point if he's gone after this year.

steelersfan43
11-21-2007, 07:01 PM
james harrison>Jesus

skarocksoi
11-21-2007, 07:59 PM
Go on (10 char)

Green Bay Scat
11-21-2007, 08:06 PM
i wouldnt mind Chris Williams going to the Steelers, as long as he keeps his number. Besides its better than him going to Miami or St. Louis

TheWood56
11-22-2007, 12:36 AM
I was just making a general statement about the running game with my comments about big runs, not responding to anything you had said, and I agree with you that we seriously lack consistancy. The entire success of a football team corrolates directly with who wins the battles in the trenches, and we need a consistant line to do that. I just have to wonder if we will develop consistancy with more time or if we need to make changes. I'd have to say, that I would like to get replacements for Mahan and Simmons, however that needs to be done. Like I said, I dont know if Starks can move inside and do that, but I'm leaning towards he can't. This might be a moot point if he's gone after this year.

Personally, I think this o-line needs a change in personal. I don't necessarily want to wait around and hope that this o-line starts playing consistantly well as a unit. Who knows how long that will take, and there will most likely be a shake up along the o-line anyways next season with Faneca most likely hitting the open market in the off season and signing elsewhere. About Starks, I'd actually rather the Steelers just sign a guard that has proven himself and has shown that he can play consistantly well on a regular basis. I have no idea if Starks can play guard or not, it was just some food for thought. I just think that if Starks were at guard, it may maximize his skill set better then it would anywhere else. The knock on Starks at RT is his lateral quickness, and the fact that he's not very good against speed rushers off the edge. IMO, at RT, he was always stout in the running game and always provided a good push. He just couldn't consistantly handle the athletic speed rushers off the edge. If he were at RG, Starks wouldn't have to worry about being isolated on the outside with speed rushers that can beat him off the edge. I also think that he could handle the big DT's along the interior and provide a good enough push in the running game. I think at RG, his pass protection would actually be above average compared to other guards around the league. That's just my opnion though. The only problem with Starks at guard would be if he could get enough leverage because of his height, because if he can't, well it's a moot point and he can't play guard at all, though if he can, who knows how successful he could be at guard. At the end of the day, I just think he would be a much better RG then Simmons. I also think Kemoeatu would be a much better option then Simmons at RG, though obviously the coaching staff disagrees.

TheWood56
11-22-2007, 12:41 AM
i wouldnt mind Chris Williams going to the Steelers, as long as he keeps his number. Besides its better than him going to Miami or St. Louis

I also wouldn't mind Chris Williams coming to the Steelers, along with Jeff Otah or Roy Schuening.

Bills2083
11-22-2007, 09:07 AM
Steelers are setting a grass turf down for MNF

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/11/22/bc.fbn.heinzfield.grass.ap/index.html

Hines
11-22-2007, 11:16 AM
a new mock from me could be up in a bit hahaha

Mr. Stiller
11-24-2007, 03:25 PM
I think he would have to lose some weight, plus he's pretty tall. That means a higher center of gravity and thus easier to push around, especially for stronger guys. I think that was part of his problem at tackle. Either he got beat around the edge, or thrown off balance cause he doesnt play low enough.

He very well might be able to make the transition, and it would be interesting to see if he can. Remember though, I believe that he's an RFA this year (or maybe just a FA?) so he could be gone.

Starks wouldn't have to lose weight. He would be a typical phone booth RG.

When I think of Starks I look at guys like..

Stacy Andrews of Cincy, Todd Herremans of Philly..

There's more but I don't feel like looking them up again.

Starks and Colon have the same issue. Lack of Lateral speed to take on pure speed rushers like the Derrick Burgess' and Bryan Thomas' of the world.

Starks lacked the lateral ability to block LDE's/LOLB's, but he was one of the best run blockers in the game. Imagine putting him in a position, where his lateral speed would not be put to the test? In a position where all he has to do is hold the point and not falter. And get a push on his man. Thats RG in a nutshell.

Colon is looking like a Center to me. He is quick enough to pull and trap. Get to the 2nd level but he doesn't have the arm length or functional strength at RT to ever be dominant or consistent.

Getting a Guy like Jeff Otah in round 1. Play him at RT for 2 years and then slide him to LT when Marvel wants a 3rd contract. He's a solid above average LT and will command LT money from someone. Or someone willing to spend too much on a RT.

Then in the mid rounds draft a RT in 09/10. Or if we could finally develop a RT from late rounds/UDFA.

I honestly believe the best line this team could put forth is:

Smith ~ Faneca ~ Colon ~ Kemo ~ Starks.

I know Starks has issues on the edge, but he didn't look so bad in 05.

Also Starks was an RFA tender last year of a 1st rounder, he'll be a UFA this offseason..

Ironically the best 3 OL this offseasons will likely be..

Alan Faneca, OG
Max Starks, OG/OT
Stacy Andrews, OG/OT.

Mock will be up.

Jakey
11-25-2007, 02:07 PM
Expect a big day from Fast Willie tomorow night...he's not happy with his play this season so he's gonna step it up a notch!

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07329/836558-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml

Mr. Stiller
11-25-2007, 03:42 PM
Expect a big day from Fast Willie tomorow night...he's not happy with his play this season so he's gonna step it up a notch!

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07329/836558-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml

If his knee's aren't still bothering him.

His knee's are hurting more than he, or the Steelers are letting on.

They should have held him out of last weeks game and given him a fresh opportunity this week and if he couldn't produce then, rest him through the game for Najeh.

Mr. Stiller
11-25-2007, 04:04 PM
Can someone name a Guard who is as tall as Max Starks? I just don't see him as a Guard whatsoever.

Max Starks is 6'6 flat.

There's a few guards coming out that are bigger than him.

Prospects:

Heath Benedict, Newberry ~ 6'6 ~ 2008
Adam Kraus, Michigan ~ 6'6 ~ 2008
Herman Johnson, LSU ~ 6'7 ~ 2009
Brandon Albert, Virginia ~ 6'7 ~ 2009
Steve Rehring, Ohio State ~ 6'8 ~ 2009
Kraig Urbik, Wisconsin ~ 6'6 ~ 2009
Ramon Foster, Tennessee ~ 6'6 ~ 2009

Pro's:

Derrick Dockery, Buffalo Bills ~ 6'6
Brad Butler, Buffalo Bills ~ 6'7
Mike Wahle, Carolina Panthers ~ 6'6
Andrew Whitworth, Cincinnati Bengals ~ 6'7
Stacy Andrews, Cincinnati Bengals ~ 6'7
Scott Kooistra, Cincinnati Bengals ~ 6'6
Eric Steinbach, Cleveland Browns ~ 6'6
Leonard Davis, Dallas Cowboys ~ 6'6
Robert Gallery, Oakland Raiders ~ 6'7
Paul McQuistan, Oakland Raiders ~ 6'6
Todd Herremans, Philadelphia Eagles ~ 6'6

There's some pretty good names there.

Is it prototypical? No. Are 6'6+ Guards abundant? No. Is it impossible? No.

There's anomalies for every position.

Drew Brees at QB
Brandon Jacobs at RB
Dqwell Jackson at 3-4 ILB
Bob Sanders at S

Etc.

skarocksoi
11-25-2007, 05:59 PM
I guess the rumors of Mr.Stiller's death were greatly exaggerated. Good info, as always.

mikehop05
11-25-2007, 07:57 PM
just got back from my cruise... ****** game last week

anything new goin on?

skarocksoi
11-25-2007, 08:24 PM
Just lots of Steelers fans saying what the **** about losing to the jets. I heard that Tomlin went off on the team after that loss, something he does very rarely. Hopefully this will get people going so we dont come out flat at the beginning of every game.

mikehop05
11-25-2007, 10:50 PM
Just lots of Steelers fans saying what the **** about losing to the jets. I heard that Tomlin went off on the team after that loss, something he does very rarely. Hopefully this will get people going so we dont come out flat at the beginning of every game.

yeah i had a buddy of mine texting me updates about the game because the ships satellite wasnt up yet... i was stroking out

but hopefully yea we come out on all cylinders tomm and spank the fins

Mr. Stiller
11-26-2007, 03:55 PM
Steelers are good for 1-2 games like this every season.

Not to mention we've had I think 3-4 Opponents who came off Byes right before our game.

I don't think we should have a problem with the Jets. Marvel has beaten Taylor before. Though, Porters speed on the edge worries me.

I think this is a game we should give Najeh the majority of the earlier carries.

mikehop05
11-26-2007, 11:27 PM
wow. thaaattt was u-g-l-y

Jakey
11-27-2007, 05:29 AM
WTF was that for a field :D

I dont care though...we still got the win. Am i the only one who was suprised with how well Max Starks played...i know the Dolphins arnt a defensive juggernout...but he did shut down Jason taylor for most of the game. I'm wondering if we will resign him next year and play him at RT, moving Colon to guard.

I'm thinking:

LT: Marvel Smith ~ Rookie
LG: Kendall Simmons ~ Chris Kemo'
C: Sean Mahan ~ Darnell Stapleton ~ Marvin Phillip
RG: Willie Colon ~ Chris Kemo
RT: Max Starks ~ Rookie

bearfan
11-27-2007, 06:27 AM
**** Big Ben. WTF. I was freaking LEADING BY 30 PTS, all my opponent had was H.Ward,J.Reed, and your defense. 4 FREAKING POINTS. I lost.

Had to do that in this thread.

Jakey
11-27-2007, 06:42 AM
^Go back to your own thread! :D

Hines
11-27-2007, 06:43 AM
i needed ben to throw a lot of tds, i was down by only 24 and i had ben and james harrison, i lost by 12

DeathbyStat
11-27-2007, 08:14 AM
Wow that was the worst game ever. Thank god we won.

DeathbyStat
11-27-2007, 10:05 AM
How much of the offenses problems can be attributed to the field

Jakey
11-27-2007, 10:22 AM
^ allot...but the O-Line still gets pwnd every single game

Mr. Stiller
11-27-2007, 01:38 PM
^ allot...but the O-Line still gets pwnd every single game

The Oline didn't look bad at all that game. I don't know if I saw the wrong Steelers v Dolphins game..

Our Backup LT shut down the reigning Defensive MVP and Colon kept Porter quiet.

Kendall Simmons didn't get his ass whupped and Mahan only whiffed on 1 block. I'd say that was a hell of a night.

As for the field conditions.. they were a large part of it.

Our HS field used to get like that all the time (Of course they built the school stadium off of the hill the School is on, so it was a freaking flood).

I know on defense you don't want to make quick cuts or jumps and just play in a zone because you'd rather give up a 5-15 yard play than fall and give up a TD. Not to mention the ball gets really slippy and you can't keep it dry.

Offensively it limits your ability to cut. I mean, for further proof. Look at the kick that stuck nose up in that puddle and watch the first Miami guy there trying to stop. He slid a good 4-8 feet.

So I'd say that was more the field conditions. They should've checked the weather report before re-sodding it. I'm so glad we're getting field turf next year. Finally Willie and Santonio will be able to use their speed to their advantage.

Ironically that was one of the best games Willies had since game 8.

NFLBOY
11-27-2007, 01:54 PM
I'd say Porter had a pretty decent game. He had 8 tackles and an int. He also put pressure on Ben a few times. He plays the strong side in Miami which is over the tightend which doesn't allow you to get much pressure on the QB. As for the rest of the game, there isn't a team in the league who is going to be able to play in conditions like that. When your feet are sinking down from 2 -6 inches you will not have very much success. All in all it is a win and that is all that matters. The dolphins maybe winless but they have lost 6 games by 3 or fewer points. Sometimes a record looks worse than it really is.

Mr. Stiller
11-27-2007, 02:28 PM
I'd say Porter had a pretty decent game. He had 8 tackles and an int. He also put pressure on Ben a few times. He plays the strong side in Miami which is over the tightend which doesn't allow you to get much pressure on the QB. As for the rest of the game, there isn't a team in the league who is going to be able to play in conditions like that. When your feet are sinking down from 2 -6 inches you will not have very much success. All in all it is a win and that is all that matters. The dolphins maybe winless but they have lost 6 games by 3 or fewer points. Sometimes a record looks worse than it really is.

SHHHHHH!!!

mikehop05
11-27-2007, 02:51 PM
max starks and his gigantic frame looked surprisingly good

hines ward played like he was 28 again

nate didnt adjust well to playing a new receiver position

ben set a record for completion %

people are starting to know when anthony smith is coming to hit em

our defense might be the hardest hitting D in the NFL

tyrone carter pretty well but i cant help but feel troy might have a had pick

ike taylor's coverage has astounded me all season

Mr. Stiller
11-27-2007, 04:12 PM
max starks and his gigantic frame looked surprisingly good

hines ward played like he was 28 again

nate didnt adjust well to playing a new receiver position

ben set a record for completion %

people are starting to know when anthony smith is coming to hit em

our defense might be the hardest hitting D in the NFL

tyrone carter pretty well but i cant help but feel troy might have a had pick

ike taylor's coverage has astounded me all season

I don't think Nate understands the playbook very well. Atleast not the technicalities.

Add that to.. the fact his best attribute is speed/athleticism.. and thats exactly what a field like that Negates. Lets not forget he did pretty well at the #1 spot against Cleveland last year.

mikehop05
11-27-2007, 05:09 PM
I don't think Nate understands the playbook very well. Atleast not the technicalities.

Add that to.. the fact his best attribute is speed/athleticism.. and thats exactly what a field like that Negates. Lets not forget he did pretty well at the #1 spot against Cleveland last year.

dont get me wrong i love nate but he just seemed uncomfortable with playing holmes' position last night

skarocksoi
11-27-2007, 09:19 PM
So I just saw some news report that mentioned that the Rooney's might get new artificial turf and recently took a trip to WVU to see their new duraturf. With some very athletic and fast guys on the team, you would think this would have been done a while ago. I guess they just had a lot of pride in having an all natural grass field.

mikehop05
11-27-2007, 09:31 PM
So I just saw some news report that mentioned that the Rooney's might get new artificial turf and recently took a trip to WVU to see their new duraturf. With some very athletic and fast guys on the team, you would think this would have been done a while ago. I guess they just had a lot of pride in having an all natural grass field.

yeah its about time... ive always liked the natural grass but it just gets too beat up at the end of the year

Jakey
11-28-2007, 12:44 PM
I think this is a good thing...but games like the one on monday are allways fun

brat316
11-28-2007, 12:54 PM
I think they should have just played on a muddy field. Intstead of sod, on top of a beat up feild, becuase sod comes up easily.

mikehop05
11-28-2007, 12:57 PM
I think they should have just played on a muddy field. Intstead of sod, on top of a beat up feild, becuase sod comes up easily.

it was a good idea until the record amounts of rain they had

Mr. Stiller
11-29-2007, 03:58 PM
Few things:

1) Jon Dekker was promoted to #3 TE. Should see some limited snaps and possible receiving situations
2) Dan Kreider was placed on IR. Torn ACL. Should be back next year at Vet Minimum.
3) Gary Russell still won't dress.
4) Marvel is a game time decision
5) Holmes and Polamalu "Should" Play on sunday.

Hines
11-29-2007, 04:41 PM
Few things:

1) Jon Dekker was promoted to #3 TE. Should see some limited snaps and possible receiving situations
2) Dan Kreider was placed on IR. Torn ACL. Should be back next year at Vet Minimum.
3) Gary Russell still won't dress.
4) Marvel is a game time decision
5) Holmes and Polamalu "Should" Play on sunday.

i dont care if marvel, holmes or poly play this week

we need them next week though

skarocksoi
11-29-2007, 05:16 PM
This is still a big game. We need to win as many as possible because the browns are still relatively close to us and they have a much easier remaining schedule than we do. Plus sweeping both the browns and bengals is just so nice.

mikehop05
11-29-2007, 05:37 PM
This is still a big game. We need to win as many as possible because the browns are still relatively close to us and they have a much easier remaining schedule than we do. Plus sweeping both the browns and bengals is just so nice.

yeah this game may even be bigger than next weeks

Mr. Stiller
11-29-2007, 07:02 PM
i dont care if marvel, holmes or poly play this week

we need them next week though

Frankly I hope atleast Holmes Plays.

I think Starks would be a great OT to have against Justin Smith. He's slow and built on power only. So putting Starks against him couldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

Carter is solid and if we run a lot of cover 2 I might be more prone to say let Polamalu sit out another week.

Yes. I see the Browns going 3-2 or 4-1 the rest of their games.

we have a 2 game lead over them with the tie-breaker. if we go 3-2 they'd have to finish 5-0.

I see us losing possibly to NE/Cincy. Thats it however. I don't think Jax is the team of past (Plus the addition of a healthy Ben) and Baltimore is starting Kyle Boller for chrissakes.

Jakey
11-30-2007, 05:14 AM
Does anybody else think Starks would be worth resigning? With Faneca going i think they move Kendall simmons to LG...and after rewatching the Miami game i think Colon would make a monster guard. I think the best O-Line for next year would be:

LT - Marvel Smith ~ Rookie (Williams/Otah etc)
LG - Kendall Simmons ~ Chris Kemoeatu
C - Sean Mahan ~ Marvin Phillip ~ Darnell Stapleton
RG - Willie Colon ~ Chris Kemoeatu
RT - Max Starks ~ Rookie (Williams/Otah etc)

Mr. Stiller
11-30-2007, 09:45 AM
Does anybody else think Starks would be worth resigning? With Faneca going i think they move Kendall simmons to LG...and after rewatching the Miami game i think Colon would make a monster guard. I think the best O-Line for next year would be:

LT - Marvel Smith ~ Rookie (Williams/Otah etc)
LG - Kendall Simmons ~ Chris Kemoeatu
C - Sean Mahan ~ Marvin Phillip ~ Darnell Stapleton
RG - Willie Colon ~ Chris Kemoeatu
RT - Max Starks ~ Rookie (Williams/Otah etc)

I still think Starks could be a pro-bowl RG. Offers no lateral movement, but would get a huge push in the run game and wouldn't get bullrushed in the pass game.

Jakey
11-30-2007, 09:48 AM
How much money do you think Starks warrants...and do you think the Stillers will be willing to pay it???

brat316
11-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Starks was only able to handle Taylor becuase he couldn't use his speed to the outside, so Starks was kind of throwing him around, and Taylor couldn't really bull rush him. If he did play in the middle he would be pretty good a pick up those inside bull rushes.

Someone is going to pay Starks not the Steelers, than move him to guard, like what the Cowboys did with Leonard Davis, played LT with Cards, sucked it up, but looked to be a decent guard. Now look at him.

Mr. Stiller
11-30-2007, 04:10 PM
Starks was only able to handle Taylor becuase he couldn't use his speed to the outside, so Starks was kind of throwing him around, and Taylor couldn't really bull rush him. If he did play in the middle he would be pretty good a pick up those inside bull rushes.

Someone is going to pay Starks not the Steelers, than move him to guard, like what the Cowboys did with Leonard Davis, played LT with Cards, sucked it up, but looked to be a decent guard. Now look at him.

Eh, I think the fact Starks was benched, might even be a front office move. There was a better pass protection on the right side. However, maybe they're waiting him on the bench, decreasing his value (Remember they did give him a 1st round tender offer as to not lose him). Then when they move Simmons to LG next year, it's a battle between Kemo and Starks for RG.

As for Starks Handling Taylor. All I know is he did it. Sure the speed rush was a tad bit hindered. But lest we forget, Starks shut Julius Peppers down 1-on-1 in 2006. So, Who knows how that could've really gone.

DeathbyStat
12-01-2007, 01:10 PM
Could Big Ben win the Comeback Player of the year?

Jakey
12-01-2007, 01:46 PM
I doubt it with the way Moss has been playing...but i think Ben should win it =D

Smooth Criminal
12-01-2007, 02:21 PM
What does Moss have to come back from, laziness?

Jakey
12-01-2007, 02:47 PM
haha yes...thats why i think Ben deserves it...or even Kevin Jones. (They would be my picks)

Man_Of_Steel
12-01-2007, 03:49 PM
I doubt it with the way Moss has been playing...but i think Ben should win it =D

???????????????????

Jakey
12-01-2007, 03:52 PM
^ Randy Moss has been ripping it up this season...and the last 2 seasons he has sucked balls

Mr. Stiller
12-01-2007, 08:22 PM
I'd say..

Ben Roethlisberger
Kevin Jones
Chad Greenway

Something tells me Sean Taylor wins it.

mikehop05
12-02-2007, 02:31 PM
u think ben will make the pro bowl?

everyone get out n vote!

brat316
12-02-2007, 07:38 PM
i see voting as pointless, because we count for like 1/3 of the vote, but i really doubt that.

Hines
12-02-2007, 07:58 PM
i want ******* nate off this team

im tired of him ******* dropping so many ******* passes

Hines
12-02-2007, 08:30 PM
that was a sick td run by ben

nice hit by mason and reid to force that fumble

now all i want to see is henry, douchemanzadeh, and chad to get ****** up

brat316
12-02-2007, 08:49 PM
ohhhh **** Ward, that was a nice pass by ben

Hines
12-02-2007, 09:07 PM
comeon ben, give hines the ball more

i want him to have the record tonight
even though the record against the pats would be good

Hines
12-02-2007, 09:45 PM
congrats to hines for getting the td catch record

mikehop05
12-02-2007, 10:23 PM
wow we've dodged so many bullets

skarocksoi
12-02-2007, 10:24 PM
Willie needs to take those rubber sleeves off and go down with two hands on the ball when hit. I dont know if anyone told him, but its kinda wet outside. Just a helpful hint from me to him.

skarocksoi
12-02-2007, 10:46 PM
I love playing the Bungles because no matter how many stupid things your team does, the Bungles do more.

SteelCityNightmare
12-02-2007, 11:42 PM
Thank you Oucho Stinko and Douchemanzadeh for not showing up tonight. You have really proved your worth to the Bungals organization. Steelers looked good tonight but we are going to need to cut back on the turnovers to have a shot next week. However, I think if we stack against the pass, we have a good shot. Maroney is not going to beat us.

Mr. Stiller
12-03-2007, 12:57 AM
I will say this.

The Bengals Receivers are soft. Smith layed out 85 and Housh earlier this year, and any time they went to catch a actual catchable ball.. They dropped it waiting for An Smith to hit them. Man I love that kid.

mikehop05
12-03-2007, 02:23 AM
I will say this.

The Bengals Receivers are soft. Smith layed out 85 and Housh earlier this year, and any time they went to catch a actual catchable ball.. They dropped it waiting for An Smith to hit them. Man I love that kid.

yeah i saw them flinch over the middle a couple times

Mr. Stiller
12-03-2007, 08:42 AM
From Ian over at SCI.

Starks is likely to command 4 to 5M a year in a free agency contract. Considering the slim pickings and the fact he could play RG/RT.

Man_Of_Steel
12-03-2007, 11:43 AM
Couple thoughts after the game,

1. Our secondary has improved so much from last year its getting to be a strength? I feel weird saying that but Taylor is lock down, hes ahead of the wr on deep routes haha, if he had better hands he would have a ton of ints it seems he drops one a game. Townsend is solid on the opposing side as well. Then the safetys, Polamalu and Smith, I really think they are a big reason asto the corners success. What more can you say about them even though Ploamalu has been injured. Smith did show his immaturity grabbing that facemask in the redzone but it turned ou to be a mute point.

2. Roethlisberger. Hes arguably the third/forth best QB in the league. Yesterday I thought Ben was gonna have one of his "when it rains it pours days" but he played great, moreso he looked like a poised leader in every sense of the word. Making veteren decisions within and outside of the whistles.

3. The value of Holmes, his presence in the lineup is huge. THe offense just dosent look the same without him. Ward is the man but Wilson is old and potential...I mean Washington needs to go.

4. Willie Parker, I was scared everytime Willie touched the ball and the Bengals were thrilled, that sums up his performance yesterday. Last night aside however I just dont think hes a great starting running back. As I have been saying since the preseason Willie is incosistant as he gains either a single yard or ten, and more often its theone yard. His numbers are good at the end of games because of the couple times he breaks loose as well as his amount of carries. What the Steelers need is a consistant run game, to me willie dosent provide that. Now dont get me wrong I love Willie Parker but what I would love more is a two back system ala Bettis/Parker were they roll with the hot guy and rotate. Stewart in the first? Mendenhall in the second? I dont know but it needs to happen.

5. Max Starks, the 6'8 monster has shut down Taylor and Smith the last two games, and I mean shut down. On every replay Starks has his guy beefcaked at the line of scrimmage and he has looked great in replacing Smith. This guy is a must sign.

Jakey
12-03-2007, 11:49 AM
Max Starks, the 6'8 monster has shut down Taylor and Smith the last two games, and I mean shut down. On every replay Starks has his guy beefcaked at the line of scrimmage and he has looked great in replacing Smith. This guy is a must sign.

I couldnt agree more...but i think we will be outbidded by a team with some more dolla. Free-agents are getting crazy money every offseason...but are the Stillers FO willing to pay that much money...i dont think so.

Mr. Stiller
12-03-2007, 01:03 PM
Starks is only 6'6.

I don't know if the last 2 games were because of the horrible field conditions or smith. I think he still has issues with speed rushers. I want this cat at RG like Leonard Davis.

mikehop05
12-03-2007, 01:13 PM
i agree with MoS's assessment i also wanna add that :

Hines Ward, at age 31, a round 3 pick, a guy without great speed or size, is still dominating cats... he made two first rd picks in jospeh and hall look silly trying to cover him, he may not be a verticle threat but in the 5 - 20 yd range i dont think there is anyone else more dangerous

Man_Of_Steel
12-03-2007, 01:30 PM
Starks is only 6'6.

I don't know if the last 2 games were because of the horrible field conditions or smith. I think he still has issues with speed rushers. I want this cat at RG like Leonard Davis.

Everything Ive heard and read has him at 6'8.

Jakey
12-03-2007, 01:35 PM
^ I just looked at Starks' combine numbers...and he is 6'7" flat.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=58584

So you are both wrong for once ;)

Man_Of_Steel
12-03-2007, 02:37 PM

^Thats from 2004^

All these up-to-date sources have him 6'8.

http://www.nfl.com/players/maxstarks/profile?id=STA603966

http://news.steelers.com/team/player/49206/

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=5600

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6834

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player?statsId=6834

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/493075

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/6834/

These are the biggest most legit sources and they all have him 6'8.

Mr. Stiller
12-03-2007, 03:17 PM

You are correct. I was looking at Jeff Otah's #'s when I posted that.

*Slaps Forehead.

Still 6'7 isn't too tall for a Guard. Not conventional, he'd be damn good at RG.

brat316
12-03-2007, 03:55 PM
Enough talk about Starks

A) Steelers are not going to move him to guard
B) If they were, then they would let Faneca go, and already have signed Starks
C) Starks is going to become like Davis, decent LT, pretty good G, some team will pay him like a T, and move him to G.

The real problem is how do we get Nate off the team

Give Reid more chances at WR, see how he does or draft a WR a big buy in round 3.

TerribleEd
12-03-2007, 04:05 PM

*Slaps Forehead.

Still 6'7 isn't too tall for a Guard. Not conventional, he'd be damn good at RG.

Max Starks isn't a Guard. There are people on every Steelers-related message board that I visit who are suggesting this, and they all are off base, IMO. I do not care about how well Leonard Davis (who was drafted to play LT an not RT, thus he probably has better feet) is doing as a Guard, this rule does not carry over to every other Tackle out there, especially Max Starks.

I have to say that he is, at the core, a RT. It's nice to know he's up for the challenge when asked to play LT in a pinch, but if he was there week in an week out, he would wind up getting Ben killed eventually. He is just not athletic enough to play LT full-time (nor Guard).

He is, however, a mauling run blocker, and if this new found ability to protect the quarterback is permanent, then I would love for the Steelers to resign him and return him to RT (and move Colon inside to RG since Kendall Simmons will most likely be moved to LG).

I think that Stark's inconsistencies and pass pro issues of the past can be contributed to one thing, and that is work-ethic. The fire has seemingly been lit, and he has awaken. Unfortunately no one knows whether his wake-up call will be permanent or not.

I think it's worth the risk so long as we do not overspend on his new contract. If someone else overspends, then the Steelers will be compensated with a decent draft pick, so I guess we are in a can't lose situation in some regard.

Man_Of_Steel
12-03-2007, 05:03 PM

*Slaps Forehead.

But hes 6'8, not 6'7.

skarocksoi
12-03-2007, 05:25 PM
I agree with getting another back to run with Willie, but not because of his inconsistancy. He has good vision and the fact that he gets stopped for a 1 yard gain or a loss isnt so much his fault as the line not blocking up to par. He can get 3 yards with good blocking every time and occasionally his abilities allow him to escape what would be a tackle for loss for another RB.

However, Tomlin said at the beginning of the year that they were going to run Willie until the wheels came off. I think thats beginning to happen. He doesnt seem to have the same burst that he showed at the beginning of the year and I'm not seeing as many of those amazing plays now. I dont know if he's getting tired or its nagging injuries or what, but he doesnt seem to be running the same as he used to. I think they need to go back to splitting carries between him and someone else a little more, and maybe giving it to another guy when Willie isnt doing well. Najeh fits that well, but I dont know how long he's going to be around with the legal problems he's having. I think if Russell makes progress this offseason, he could possibly step up and help lighten the load. A guy like Mendenhall would be good too, but I think we have more pressing needs than RB to address.

Mr. Stiller
12-03-2007, 05:50 PM
Chad Johnson Career vs. Steelers

13 Games

10 Starts

69 Receptions

5.3 Receptions per game

Best: 7 Receptions (twice in 2002)
Worst: 1 Reception (Week 3, 2006)

1,036 Yards

79.69 Yards per game

Best: 152 yards (Week 12, 2002)