PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Steelers Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17

steelersfan43
12-03-2007, 07:56 PM
Well our D is looking great, except for that first drive.. I cant wait to have troy and santonio back.. But since we won im glad we rested them up for the patriots.

SteelCityNightmare
12-03-2007, 10:54 PM
Does anyone get the feeling that the Patriots are ripe for the picking? They have looked pedestrian two games in a row against sub par teams. I think that if we can slow down the pass and force them to do most of their offense on the ground, we can end their perfect season.

mikehop05
12-03-2007, 11:17 PM
Does anyone get the feeling that the Patriots are ripe for the picking? They have looked pedestrian two games in a row against sub par teams. I think that if we can slow down the pass and force them to do most of their offense on the ground, we can end their perfect season.

i think this is the worst thing that coulda happened before they played us

Man_Of_Steel
12-03-2007, 11:18 PM
i think this is the worst thing that coulda happened before they played us

haha, thats exactly what I thought.

brat316
12-03-2007, 11:29 PM
I noticed if you score first, and stop them on their first possesion, and make them play catch up and have a little bit of luck, we can win this game. They get behind and throw all game. Also shutting down Welker on 3rd downs is key. They barely ran the ball the last 2 games.

eaglesfan_45
12-03-2007, 11:59 PM
C'mon Steelers you can do it

Man_Of_Steel
12-04-2007, 12:00 AM
C'mon Steelers you can do it

We can and will.

Hines
12-04-2007, 11:00 AM
i have a mock/idea that im thinkin about..when i get time, i will unleash it or wait till the offseason

who knows

brat316
12-04-2007, 11:17 AM
anyone notice that the Lbs on the pats and even some of their d-linemen started to show their age, Bruschi got played out by McGhee a few times. If we can get taht with parker i think we win

Also anyone notice that Pats might have a top 3 pick and end up getting DMC, or Chris Long, I think they pick Long, because their lbs, are getting old.

Hines
12-04-2007, 11:20 AM
If Willie plays with power, he will be effective. I am getting tired of him trying to spin away from people

Man_Of_Steel
12-04-2007, 12:48 PM
If Willie plays with power, he will be effective. I am getting tired of him trying to spin away from people

For the most part this season our run game has been gas.

skarocksoi
12-04-2007, 01:13 PM
I think a lot of passes to Heath would be a good idea. Theres no way their LB's can keep up with with him and if they switch to a safety, that leaves a reciever open deep. A lot of running, with both Willie and Najeh if available, and play action to the tight ends. Krieder would have been helpful for this game.

mikehop05
12-04-2007, 02:00 PM
I think a lot of passes to Heath would be a good idea. Theres no way their LB's can keep up with with him and if they switch to a safety, that leaves a reciever open deep. A lot of running, with both Willie and Najeh if available, and play action to the tight ends. Krieder would have been helpful for this game.

i like our matchups if samuel is on ward... ward will negate samuels speed with his uncanny ability to get open and his physicalness

then i dont see hobbs / *** sticking with holmes

and like ska said their LB's cant run with heath...

on the other side

i think we run 5 db's (nickle) 85% of the time

ike taylor and smith will lock down moss

deshea on stallworth / welker kind of scares me... i dont know what we'll do with those matchups, but i think our LB's can run with watson

after seeing barnes whip light a couple times last night i think we should put timmons / woodley on the ends in anything over 2nd and 10 or if they have 4 wr's... i think still have casey in the middle to get that middle push... then blitz harrison/foote inside to again get a middle push, which clearly disrupted bradys play last night... only downside is we will suck against run

plays like this i think will effectively pressure brady... throw in the occasional overload and the occasional drop 8 and we may have a shot

Man_Of_Steel
12-04-2007, 02:09 PM
i like our matchups if samuel is on ward... ward will negate samuels speed with his uncanny ability to get open and his physicalness

then i dont see hobbs / *** sticking with holmes

and like ska said their LB's cant run with heath...

on the other side

i think we run 5 db's (nickle) 85% of the time

ike taylor and smith will lock down moss

deshea on stallworth / welker kind of scares me... i dont know what we'll do with those matchups, but i think our LB's can run with watson

after seeing barnes whip light a couple times last night i think we should put timmons / woodley on the ends in anything over 2nd and 10 or if they have 4 wr's... i think still have casey in the middle to get that middle push... then blitz harrison/foote inside to again get a middle push, which clearly disrupted bradys play last night... only downside is we will suck against run

plays like this i think will effectively pressure brady... throw in the occasional overload and the occasional drop 8 and we may have a shot

I dont think those are the matchups. Samuel will most likley be on Holmes.

skarocksoi
12-04-2007, 04:19 PM
Yeah I would imagine that Samuels will be on Holmes. I think a lot of nickle would be a good strategy, because we have more DB's and because thats when the Diesel does his roving around the field. The Ravens had a lot of success with overload blitzes and timed blitzes, but you need the coverage to protect yourself, cause Brady wont make too many mistakes throwing it.

Big Hamp needs to have a good game, cause watching yesterday, Ngata was wreaking havoc. If Hamp or Keisel can do the same, I think we can get some good pressure.

Hines
12-04-2007, 04:38 PM
we are gonna resign verron

good move i guess

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07338/839063-66.stm

Achilles33
12-04-2007, 05:24 PM
Come on Steelers, your the last line of defense. I am praying for you. :)

Man_Of_Steel
12-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Come on Steelers, your the last line of defense. I am praying for you. :)

Haha, I strongly believe we have a great chance.

skarocksoi
12-04-2007, 06:02 PM
I don't, but I'm a big pessimist. Or I've been brainwashed by ESPN.

SteelCityNightmare
12-04-2007, 06:47 PM
I like the idea of running nickel most of the night. I just do not see the Patriots out slugging us, or in other words, beating us with the run. Also whoever said it above, I agree with being sick of seeing Willie Parker trying to spin out of everything instead of running forward.

Also, if they start getting pressure on Big Ben, I would like us to try and run some more draws, which were effective early in the season, however we have shyed away from in the latter portion. Also would like to see some screens develop with Willie. Not so much a fan of the WR screens we have been running, except when in short yardage situations.

mikehop05
12-04-2007, 06:50 PM
I dont think those are the matchups. Samuel will most likley be on Holmes.

then i think ward will rape hobbs

Ravens1991
12-04-2007, 06:54 PM
come guys, this is the 1st and probably the last time I dont want you guys to lose, I want you all to tie the patriots, you are histories last hope.

I like your chances you will blitz them well and giving Brady trouble.

TerribleEd
12-04-2007, 09:50 PM
come guys, this is the 1st and probably the last time I dont want you guys to lose, I want you all to tie the patriots, you are histories last hope.

I like your chances you will blitz them well and giving Brady trouble.

Welcome to the Steeler Nation!!!!! (If only for a week)

I gotta think that most of the country will be rooting for the Steelers this Sunday! I think most of the country was rooting for the Ravens last night!

Now that the Pats have shown chinks in the armor, there is blood in the water! Brady is so obnoxious with those last minute drives! I hate that team!

steelersfan43
12-04-2007, 10:34 PM
to MoS:The nfl was talking about flex schedualing and this seems like a good time to use it...

Man_Of_Steel
12-04-2007, 10:37 PM
to MoS:The nfl was talking about flex schedualing and this seems like a good time to use it...

Its already been in place and used. The Bills/Patriots game was a flex schedule game. Also it way to late to change it now, they change them a week prior.

brat316
12-05-2007, 08:49 AM
yeah and the pats are allowed 5 prime time games and that already happened

Jakey
12-05-2007, 12:39 PM
2 players that might be leaving at the end of this year are Roy Williams and Kevin Jones, both of Detroit...do you think this is the year the FO actually lay some money on the line, and go after a big name free-agent? I love both Williams and KJ, and i think they would both be great fits in the 'burgh...but could it happen???

Man_Of_Steel
12-05-2007, 12:45 PM
2 players that might be leaving at the end of this year are Roy Williams and Kevin Jones, both of Detroit...do you think this is the year the FO actually lay some money on the line, and go after a big name free-agent? I love both Williams and KJ, and i think they would both be great fits in the 'burgh...but could it happen???

I dont see it, Jones is injury prone and Williams is a clown.

brat316
12-05-2007, 01:30 PM
Yeah like the Lions would even let them go.

Williams is a clown, how exactly I think he is pretty good.

Hines
12-05-2007, 04:47 PM
hell yes, this is why i love anthony smith

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07339/839489-66.stm

terribletowel39
12-05-2007, 04:58 PM
hell yes, this is why i love anthony smith

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07339/839489-66.stm
i know i told you with rep but this made my day.

i love to hear our players talking like that, especially when he can back it up. i guarantee welker will get up slow atleast one play sunday.

Hines
12-05-2007, 05:01 PM
i know i told you with rep but this made my day.

i love to hear our players talking like that, especially when he can back it up. i guarantee welker will get up slow atleast one play sunday.

**** welker, i want that ***** ass pretty boy brady out

and that ***** ass moss

skarocksoi
12-05-2007, 05:50 PM
He can talk like that all he wants to in the locker room, but why give the Pats even more ammo? Every time someone does something like this, the Pats beat the snot out of them. I hope he controls himself on the field and doesnt give us any costly penalties.

terribletowel39
12-05-2007, 06:05 PM
He can talk like that all he wants to in the locker room, but why give the Pats even more ammo? Every time someone does something like this, the Pats beat the snot out of them. I hope he controls himself on the field and doesnt give us any costly penalties.
i'm not worried about it. i hope he runs it some more. i think we can back it up. i think are defense is the real deal. we aren't 1st in pass defense for nothing, Taylor is playing amazingly well. better than i even hoped he would. i have full confidence that he can cover moss by himself. and i don't really worry about either of the other two. especially with troy coming back.

Mr. Stiller
12-05-2007, 10:42 PM
I just want a fair and consistent game.

I want Offensive PI called for once, If Randy Moss throws Ike Taylor 5-yards.. call it.

If we sack Brady and it's a roughing the passer, I want the same damn call for Ben.

I think we have the team to do it. I just don't want us to collapse under pressure. I also want to see a team play, I don't want to see a ton of penalties on knick-knack ********.

Jakey
12-06-2007, 10:52 AM
You've gotta love Anthony Smith...our defence needs someone with that kinda swagger and confidence

Smooth Criminal
12-06-2007, 05:48 PM
I love it right now. Hopefully he comes out and has a huge game with some big hits and an INT. That would be a hell of a way to make a name for himself in the league.

steelersfan43
12-06-2007, 05:52 PM
I like Tomlin but im worried hes going to go all Tony Dungy ultra-conservative football and go 4-3 cover two bend but dont break defense. I would boycott the steelers if they do that, would ruin the team.

terribletowel39
12-06-2007, 05:54 PM
I love it right now. Hopefully he comes out and has a huge game with some big hits and an INT. That would be a hell of a way to make a name for himself in the league.
couldn't agree more. he has said this stuff and i'm not sure if it has gotten national attention, i don't really watch a lot of TV. but it would be a great way to get his name out there if he says this and then does his part to back it up. i'm so damn pumped about this game.

terribletowel39
12-06-2007, 05:56 PM
I like Tomlin but im worried hes going to go all Tony Dungy ultra-conservative football and go 4-3 cover two bend but dont break defense. I would boycott the steelers if they do that, would ruin the team.
what makes you think he is going to do that??

skarocksoi
12-06-2007, 06:27 PM
I just want a fair and consistent game.

I want Offensive PI called for once, If Randy Moss throws Ike Taylor 5-yards.. call it.

If we sack Brady and it's a roughing the passer, I want the same damn call for Ben.

I think we have the team to do it. I just don't want us to collapse under pressure. I also want to see a team play, I don't want to see a ton of penalties on knick-knack ********.

I second that. I said this in the thread about the last pats game, and I'll say it again. Everybody believes that the Pats are above every other team in this league and that they can do no wrong, and I have to believe that the refs buy into it too. I dont see nearly as many crucial penalties called against them as I do other teams. The backup QB completes a big 3rd down? Must be holding somewhere. Brady throws a 30 yard TD pass to Moss who is covered by 3 guys? No way they did anything wrong. Randy Moss doesnt need to push off. I want to see a well officiated game that doesnt leave everybody saying "what if"?

skarocksoi
12-06-2007, 06:29 PM
And I too hope that Anthony Smith has a good game. I hope just once he seperates Moss from the ball when he goes over the middle. Just lays the wood on him. And maybe intercepts Brady 5 times. Make 'em learn your name Ant, make'em remember number 27.

Smooth Criminal
12-06-2007, 09:47 PM
couldn't agree more. he has said this stuff and i'm not sure if it has gotten national attention, i don't really watch a lot of TV. but it would be a great way to get his name out there if he says this and then does his part to back it up. i'm so damn pumped about this game.

ESPN has been all over it. They love anything that could cause controversy around the Pats.

TerribleEd
12-06-2007, 10:37 PM
If Anthony Smith can back up his words and bring it against the Pats, he will go from "Who?" to a household name.

NOW BACK IT UP, ANTHONY!!!!!!!!!

steelersfan43
12-07-2007, 12:33 AM
If Anthony Smith can back up his words and bring it against the Pats, he will go from "Who?" to a household name.

NOW BACK IT UP, ANTHONY!!!!!!!!!
Im so pumped im wearing my steelers stuff tommorow at school. One of my friends is a pats fan so its been a good week of trash talking.

Mr. Stiller
12-07-2007, 01:41 AM
what makes you think he is going to do that??

Yeah. When you have the #1 defense in the league in all major categories. Then add the fact that they drafted 3 very good defensive players that fit the 3-4 mold. McBean I'm still waiting on... Why would they change it?

Even if they did, I would be hard pressed to "Boycott" them. Remember the Tampa2 is a Variation of the Steel Curtain. The only difference is your ILB is a necessity in the pass game as much as the run. And they tend to play deeper in coverage.

Jakey
12-07-2007, 08:09 AM
The only difference is your ILB is a necessity in the pass game as much as the run. And they tend to play deeper in coverage.

...Which Lawrence Timmons can do anyways

Mr. Stiller
12-07-2007, 02:37 PM
...Which Lawrence Timmons can do anyways

Timmons would be the WLB in that type of defense.

We don't have a pure tampa2 ILB.

We have certain peices, but..

Where would Aaron Smith, Brett Keisel, Larry Foote, James Farrior and James Harrison fit?

I don't think Troy would be nearly as good in a pure tampa 2.

Jakey
12-07-2007, 02:58 PM
^ Ye i meant Timmons can cover from ILB in the 3-4...so theres no point changing anyways =D

mikehop05
12-07-2007, 03:27 PM
looks like polymoly is going to miss the pats game

Mr. Stiller
12-07-2007, 03:44 PM
^ Ye i meant Timmons can cover from ILB in the 3-4...so theres no point changing anyways =D

Yeah. Usually we have OLB's playing inside (Farrior and Foote were both college OLBs).

I don't really know who Timmons is expecting to replace.. Farrior or Foote.

My thing is.. I'm tired of people calling him a bust already.. or that he's too small.

He came out of College at the near Identical Size to Kendrell Bell.

In fact.. they were both 6'1 234lbs.

Timmons (Bell)

Height: 6'0 7/8" (6'1 2/8")
40: 4.66 (4.64)
20: 2.68 (2.69)
10: 1.50 (1.56)
Reps: 25 (24)
Vert: 35" (38 1/2")
Broad: 10' 3" (10' 4")
Shuttle: 4.32 ( 4.50)
3 Cone: 6.92 (7.25)

Mr. Stiller
12-07-2007, 03:45 PM
looks like polymoly is going to miss the pats game

Which, in this case I think is better. I'd rather miss him from a dynamic standpoint and have him heal... than to have him flail because it hurts to make a tackle.

I think thats fine. I don't think Carter is an improvement.. except he's more of a sure tackler this year, because it doesn't hurt.

skarocksoi
12-07-2007, 05:30 PM
What is up with Polamalu? Something seems weird about him ever since he got injured last year. He hasnt played like he normally does and has been in and out of games all year. I'm worried he was hurt much more that was let on last year, or maybe something is affecting him mentally. That or I'm just paranoid.

Jakey
12-07-2007, 06:38 PM
[/IMG]***rant warning***

I agree with you Stiller,

I dont think Timmons is too small at all...he weighs more than Foote did when he came out of college, and Foote has matured into a run stopping force in the middle. I think the ppl who are labeling him a bust allready, must not know that he only stated 1 year at college, he was only 20 when we drafted him, and he missed pretty much all of his rookie offseason! I think when he fully learns our defensive scheme...his athletic abillity and maturity will shine through, and he could become a star.

p.s. I'd allso like to point out that Larry Foote is only 239lbs...Timmons can easily physically mature to that size. He's actually grown a ton since last year:

from this...

http://www.bestsportsphotos.com/images/t_29431_01.jpg

to...

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb210/loflo8/Rookies-%20Base%20and% (http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb210/loflo8/Rookies-%20Base%20and%)

to...

http://www.bestsportsphotos.com/files/t_30610.jpg

I'd say he was bulking up pretty quickly!

mikehop05
12-07-2007, 08:24 PM
just give him whatever we give the kids here at UMD... he'll be a beast in no time!

but in all honesty i think he will be just fine at ILB

Mr. Stiller
12-07-2007, 10:00 PM
What is up with Polamalu? Something seems weird about him ever since he got injured last year. He hasnt played like he normally does and has been in and out of games all year. I'm worried he was hurt much more that was let on last year, or maybe something is affecting him mentally. That or I'm just paranoid.

Right now he's nursing a knee injury. But he's still suffering from torn cartiledge in his chest.

He tore it the 2nd game of this season and has had trouble extending and tackling since.

Kid is a trooper though.. thats a tough injury to play through, he did it for how many weeks.. 8?

Mr. Stiller
12-07-2007, 10:02 PM
[/IMG]***rant warning***

I agree with you Stiller,

I dont think Timmons is too small at all...he weighs more than Foote did when he came out of college, and Foote has matured into a run stopping force in the middle. I think the ppl who are labeling him a bust allready, must not know that he only stated 1 year at college, he was only 20 when we drafted him, and he missed pretty much all of his rookie offseason! I think when he fully learns our defensive scheme...his athletic abillity and maturity will shine through, and he could become a star.

p.s. I'd allso like to point out that Larry Foote is only 239lbs...Timmons can easily physically mature to that size. He's actually grown a ton since last year:

from this...

http://www.bestsportsphotos.com/images/t_29431_01.jpg

to...

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb210/loflo8/Rookies-%20Base%20and%

to...

http://www.bestsportsphotos.com/files/t_30610.jpg

I'd say he was bulking up pretty quickly!

from what I heard.. his biggest improvement still is his change of direction and lower body strength... apparently he's been working his leg muscles and under our S&C coach he should get a hair bigger.

Farrior is 242, Foote 239.. Harrison 240ish.. Haggans a light 255. Woodley is a legit 255.

mikehop05
12-08-2007, 12:56 AM
from what I heard.. his biggest improvement still is his change of direction and lower body strength... apparently he's been working his leg muscles and under our S&C coach he should get a hair bigger.

Farrior is 242, Foote 239.. Harrison 240ish.. Haggans a light 255. Woodley is a legit 255.

but whats timmons playing weight?

Mr. Stiller
12-08-2007, 01:33 AM
but whats timmons playing weight?

I believe I heard he's around 238-244 in between there. Mostly 238.

Jakey
12-08-2007, 06:38 AM
Woodley is built like a tree...i'd say he was more like 265...if not more

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff165/davidblackshoes/Football%20RCs%20and%20Inserts/LaMarrwoodleyrc.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w11/DJKrissyKriss/Football/2007%20Rookies/2007Topps358LaMarrWoodley.jpg

skarocksoi
12-08-2007, 08:52 AM
Right now he's nursing a knee injury. But he's still suffering from torn cartiledge in his chest.

He tore it the 2nd game of this season and has had trouble extending and tackling since.

Kid is a trooper though.. thats a tough injury to play through, he did it for how many weeks.. 8?

Ok, I was wondering what was going on. Id be ok with sitting him for the rest of the season, or until the injury is completely healed. We have him signed long term, no need to risk that investment. Plus we are playing pretty well without him. Maybe sit him until the playoffs and let him rest and heal.

Mr. Stiller
12-08-2007, 11:02 AM
Ok, I was wondering what was going on. Id be ok with sitting him for the rest of the season, or until the injury is completely healed. We have him signed long term, no need to risk that investment. Plus we are playing pretty well without him. Maybe sit him until the playoffs and let him rest and heal.

I think Carter is a tad better SS in just cover 2 zone coverage... which we've been running. Troy is the better "LB/SS" tweener. Though I believe Troy leads the team in pass breakups. So It's not like he's terrible either. But I do like the idea of sitting him a game.

mikehop05
12-08-2007, 11:47 AM
I think Carter is a tad better SS in just cover 2 zone coverage... which we've been running. Troy is the better "LB/SS" tweener. Though I believe Troy leads the team in pass breakups. So It's not like he's terrible either. But I do like the idea of sitting him a game.

yeah and we get holmes back... which our offense desperately needed

Mr. Stiller
12-08-2007, 11:50 AM
yeah and we get holmes back... which our offense desperately needed

Not 100% sure. His ankle is still hurting and thats causing an issue with cuts and breaks.

skarocksoi
12-08-2007, 11:52 AM
I hear Holmes ankle still hurts, but he's going to tough it out an play anyways. I just hope he doesnt hurt himself more. Beating the Pats would be big, but not a reason to ruin the rest of the season.

Mr. Stiller
12-08-2007, 11:59 AM
I hear Holmes ankle still hurts, but he's going to tough it out an play anyways. I just hope he doesnt hurt himself more. Beating the Pats would be big, but not a reason to ruin the rest of the season.

Exactly. So he may not play a full game or a lot.

Even if we win, we'd still have to almost win out and have Indy lose 1-2 more games.

Hines
12-08-2007, 12:12 PM
Exactly. So he may not play a full game or a lot.

Even if we win, we'd still have to almost win out and have Indy lose 1-2 more games.

I'm pretty sure if we win, we will win out. But Jacksonville always plays us tough so that might be a loss right there.

Hines
12-08-2007, 06:59 PM
I'm not liking my latest mock, so i will make a new one earlier this week, possibly Monday.

It will include UDFA's as well

so please hwen i post, post feedback

Mr. Stiller
12-09-2007, 12:06 AM
Casey Hampton said:

"They lined Patterson up over Koppen at the Zero Nose.. they tended to let him one on one with the center. Patterson pushed him into Brady a ton... if they don't double team me, I'm going to do more."

I love that guy.

brat316
12-09-2007, 12:31 AM
mike patterson from the eagles

TheWood56
12-09-2007, 04:35 AM
mike patterson from the eagles

Yeah man. Hampton was commenting on the Eagles/Patriots game a couple of weeks ago and what the Eagles done on defense with Patterson and how they lined him up over the center Dan Koppen for the majority of the game. I hope Hampton can be a force in the middle and make it difficult for Tom Brady to step up into the pocket when passing the ball.

Hines
12-09-2007, 08:48 AM
i am sssssssoooooooooooooo excited for the game today

but i kept having dreams that we are gonna lose..lucky for us, that it was only a dream

Hines
12-09-2007, 09:21 AM
Jerry Porter might become an unrestricted free agent. If he does, I hope the Steelers take a look at him as he is a really good player.

SteelCityNightmare
12-09-2007, 10:59 AM
Jerry Porter is a very good player, yes, but apparently has a terrible attitude. I would prefer not to have that cancer in the locker room. I think Crayton from Dallas is a UFA at the end of the year and I wouldn't mind the Steelers looking at him.

Mr. Stiller
12-09-2007, 12:59 PM
Jerry Porter is a very good player, yes, but apparently has a terrible attitude. I would prefer not to have that cancer in the locker room. I think Crayton from Dallas is a UFA at the end of the year and I wouldn't mind the Steelers looking at him.

I see what you mean, but he's a veteran. Crayton hasn't done what he was. I'd be a cancer if I had to play for Art Shell.

Hines
12-09-2007, 01:01 PM
I see what you mean, but he's a veteran. Crayton hasn't done what he was. I'd be a cancer if I had to play for Art Shell.

I agree with that, I think if Porter leaves, he will put up numbers. Big numbers that is.

All he needs is a change of scenery.

Jakey
12-09-2007, 02:54 PM
^ i'll second that...Porter makes some sick catches when he's given the chances...he's just in a bad situation in Oakland

p.s. I cant explain how pumped up i am for this game...its gonna be of the scales if we win

Hines
12-09-2007, 02:56 PM
Porter had a nice game today, with a great td catch by ripping the ball away from Al Harris. Lets sign him as a slot reciever.

Mr. Stiller
12-09-2007, 03:15 PM
Porter had a nice game today, with a great td catch by ripping the ball away from Al Harris. Lets sign him as a slot reciever.

How many different QB's has Porter had? If he doesn't command a lot of money (Roughly the same amount as Wilson) I say we sign him.

Hines
12-09-2007, 03:57 PM
smith shouldnt of ran his mouth

DeathbyStat
12-09-2007, 03:58 PM
Well this game is over all ready....why would they bite on that run fake so heavy? New England isn't that effective running the football.

What is the deal?......Wow my man Najeh should move to WR all the time......he is a sad excuse for a power back

Hines
12-09-2007, 04:07 PM
what a great play by ben

brat316
12-09-2007, 06:12 PM
I hate Nate, sure you have speed, but its pointless with those brick for hands

Mr. Stiller
12-09-2007, 06:26 PM
smith shouldnt of ran his mouth

does anyone know what he said? Seriously.. I get sick of the media and the "Guarentee"..

He basically said..

"If our defense and offense are kicking ass, and our ST's helping, yeah I could guarentee us winning if they're playing".

I think I know exactly what we need draft wise :)

Hines
12-09-2007, 06:31 PM
does anyone know what he said? Seriously.. I get sick of the media and the "Guarentee"..

He basically said..

"If our defense and offense are kicking ass, and our ST's helping, yeah I could guarentee us winning if they're playing".

I think I know exactly what we need draft wise :)

i know what he said, but he still shouldnt of said it cuz he knew the media would make a huge deal out of it....

he shoulda said

"it will be a good ball game. if we play steeler football, we have a chance to win. they are a good team and we will have to play well"

Mr. Stiller
12-09-2007, 06:34 PM
i know what he said, but he still shouldnt of said it cuz he knew the media would make a huge deal out of it....

he shoulda said

"it will be a good ball game. if we play steeler football, we have a chance to win. they are a good team and we will have to play well"

He's a young guy, He was baited. He hasn't had that much experience with reporters.

Hines
12-09-2007, 06:39 PM
He's a young guy, He was baited. He hasn't had that much experience with reporters.

that is true, but he should still know w hat to and what not to say as he probably sees the vets talking to reporters

brat316
12-09-2007, 06:40 PM
so wat do we need a WR who can catch when holmes is injured, and Hinze is covered.

I think if Troy played we might have been able to cover Welker a little better.

DeathbyStat
12-09-2007, 06:40 PM
Is it just me or was that the exact game plan the Pats had when they beat us in 2004 with Troy bit on play action.

And the game plan when they opened up the season against us in 2002 and and threw the ball like 80 times.

Did we not see this coming or do we just not have the personal to much up.

Why would anyone respect this teams playaction?....they don't run the ball.

Mr. Stiller
12-09-2007, 06:51 PM
Is it just me or was that the exact game plan the Pats had when they beat us in 2004 with Troy bit on play action.

And the game plan when they opened up the season against us in 2002 and and threw the ball like 80 times.

Did we not see this coming or do we just not have the personal to much up.

Why would anyone respect this teams playaction?....they don't run the ball.

I hated seeing our 2005 Gadget play beating us.

Our issue was in the 2nd half we went away from what was working. I'm sick of this. We do it far too often.

If passing is work, we run the ball (Miami).

If we pressure Brady and play bump, we throw off Brady's timing.

Ben made that defense look pedestrian. Willie was gashing them big time.. then Ben went cold, our defense started screwing up.... I blame half-time.

Hines
12-09-2007, 06:52 PM
I bet if we play them again, we will beat them

Mr. Stiller
12-09-2007, 06:53 PM
People piss me off because they say too:

"This is why we got Tomlin, to be smarter than Cowher, then he does this."

With all due respect to Cowher, he never faced a Moss, Welker, Stallworth version of the Patriots..

He couldn't stop Gaffney, Caldwell and Brown.

I think frankly, we did stop them.. then we gave up in the 2nd half.

Hines
12-09-2007, 06:59 PM
my friend thinks that the steelers suck because they lost to the cardinals, broncos, jets and that we won 3-0 to the dolphins

then he says that we suck because the greatest offence to probably ever touch the field beat us...

i mean he is a panther fan so i know he dont know ****

S4L
12-09-2007, 07:07 PM
All the respect in the world to that Pats passing offense. If we can't stop them (putting aside Anthony Smith biting on the play fakes), I don't think any team can.

Hopefully we meet them again in the AFC Championship.

Hines
12-09-2007, 07:12 PM
so aparently we suck beacuse we got beat by the patriots

BroadwayJoe10
12-10-2007, 04:28 PM
Hey guys, I had a quick question for ya. I was wondering the status of Max Starks is after this year. I know he is going to be a free agent, but I wasn't sure what the feeling on him is with the team. Is he likely to be resigned? or will the steelers FO not engage in the big bidding war that will probably take place over FA Olineman? Thanks.

mikehop05
12-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Hey guys, I had a quick question for ya. I was wondering the status of Max Starks is after this year. I know he is going to be a free agent, but I wasn't sure what the feeling on him is with the team. Is he likely to be resigned? or will the steelers FO not engage in the big bidding war that will probably take place over FA Olineman? Thanks.

i think starks is going to be a RFA, either way i think we keep him, move him to RT, Colon to RG, simmons to LG, and keep smith at LT

Mr. Stiller
12-11-2007, 05:19 AM
i think starks is going to be a RFA, either way i think we keep him, move him to RT, Colon to RG, simmons to LG, and keep smith at LT

Starks was a RFA last year and they gave him a 1st round tender.

He's a UFA this year.

Odds are they don't re-sign him.

2007:

Max Starks, RFA
Sean Mahan, UFA

2008:

Marvel Smith, UFA
Alan Faneca, UFA
Kendall Simmons, UFA ~ Resigned... :confused: :confused:
Trai Essex, RFA
Chris Kemoeatu, RFA
Max Starks, UFA

Hines
12-11-2007, 05:39 PM
I read that both Marcus Stroud and Reggie Hayword is out for Sundays game..this is great news for us, and i believe we can beat them now, even though i know we can with stroud and hayword available

but with smith gone, it will be tough to make a run...god im so mad and upset with that

Mr. Stiller
12-12-2007, 02:39 AM
I have a huge writeup coming..

Detailing..

2008 Free Agency (Losses, Signings, re-signings)
2008 Draft with reasoning
2008 UDFA group
2008 Week 1 Depth chart

2009 Free Agency (Losses, Signings, re-signings)
2009 Draft with reasoning
2009 UDFA group
2009 Week 1 Depth chart

Jakey
12-12-2007, 08:45 AM
^ Sounds good man

...i should have saved my mock for another day :eek:

TheWood56
12-12-2007, 11:05 PM
Yeah, sounds good man, can't wait.

Mr. Stiller
12-14-2007, 12:59 AM
Yeah, sounds good man, can't wait.

I sent TheWood56.. A rough draft and outline of my writeup.. Dont' give anything away.

TheWood56
12-14-2007, 03:07 AM
I sent TheWood56.. A rough draft and outline of my writeup.. Dont' give anything away.

Don't worry man, your secret's safe with me. ;)

steelersfan43
12-14-2007, 08:01 PM
Anyone seen timmons much this year? Hows he looking?

Hines
12-14-2007, 08:01 PM
stiller, when is your thing goin to be ready

brat316
12-14-2007, 08:56 PM
yeah Stiller, I got a lot of free time and was looking forward to a long and in depth draft thing to read.

mikehop05
12-14-2007, 10:32 PM
Anyone seen timmons much this year? Hows he looking?

he plays mainly on special teams, he gets some reps subbing in at linebacker..

has really dont nothing great or terrible, you can tell hes much more adjusted to the speed of the game than at the beginning of the season

Mr. Stiller
12-14-2007, 11:16 PM
stiller, when is your thing goin to be ready

Trust me.. It's going ot be pack full of information. I'm probably about a good 5-6 hours from being done.. I'm hoping this weekend.

TheWood56
12-15-2007, 12:19 AM
Trust me, it's worth the wait. It's a great writeup.

Mr. Stiller
12-15-2007, 12:33 AM
I'll be releasing Part I of it tonight.. then this weekend I hope to get Part 2 done.. (Part 2 = 2009)

DeathbyStat
12-16-2007, 06:08 AM
Scott has us pegged for Gosder Cherilus in his new mock.

What do you guys think?

Jakey
12-16-2007, 07:06 AM
meh...it could be better, but Cherilus wouldnt be a bad pick

Hines
12-16-2007, 09:49 AM
I honestly hate that pick....

skarocksoi
12-16-2007, 10:30 AM
I'd prefer Otah if he's available, but I think Scott has him going to the Lions before us. Cherilous could maybe start right away on the right side, but I'm not sure he'd be as good as Otah would be eventually.

DeathbyStat
12-16-2007, 10:42 AM
I don't love it and I don't hate.

Really all the players that I like will be gone by this point. Maybe we should take a shot on a guy with big potential like James Hardy or Aqib Talib

mikehop05
12-16-2007, 02:08 PM
whats goin on in the game? i cant watch it

Hines
12-16-2007, 02:10 PM
whats goin on in the game? i cant watch it

our offence sucks...and our defence sucks cept for troy who is actually playing like he wants to play

mikehop05
12-16-2007, 02:23 PM
our offence sucks...and our defence sucks cept for troy who is actually playing like he wants to play

is ben playing bad? or whats goin on? im following it on espn but that doesnt say much

Hines
12-16-2007, 02:27 PM
is ben playing bad? or whats goin on? im following it on espn but that doesnt say much

ben is playing like ****, arians is calling a ****** game

DeathbyStat
12-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Why didn't we keep running the ball?

It was working.

Throwing the ball with bad conditions and a hurt QB

Well that makes perfect sense

Jakey
12-16-2007, 03:39 PM
If there was any doubt that we needed to adress the O-Line...there isn't any more! Marvel Smith got beat on every single play!!!

The defence played soft aswell today...they need to hit harder, and more often! ...Clark Haggans sucks balls! ... Ike Taylor got injured ... Nate Washingtons' leg nearly fell off ... Foote missed about 5 tackles ... Hines dropped bout 3 balls .. we gave up tons of rushing yards ... we gave away some really easy TD's ... we got no sacks, again ... passrush sucks (we need Lamarr Woodley in there over Haggans!) ... Arians playcalling sucked ... the Defence got fooled by a draw play twice on third down!

On a good note...Ben played well concidering his shoulder was messed up pretty bad...Nate Washington made a catch!!! =o ...Polo' played lights out...Hampton dominated...Heath blocks better than Marvel Smith...special teams played well...Santonio hustled...Willie had one of his best games of the season, he hustled all day...Anthony Smith got an INT

woooossssaaaaaaaa! (rubs ears)

Hines
12-16-2007, 03:42 PM
i believe we iwll be the 6th seed in the playoffs, if we get there that is

we need to win out, i think we can...but i believe we will be one and done

are team is too soft and almost gave up two one hundred yard rushers in one game

mikehop05
12-16-2007, 04:18 PM

are team is too soft and almost gave up two one hundred yard rushers in one game

sounds like losing smith was huge for us

Hines
12-16-2007, 04:21 PM
actually, i believe we will be the fourth seed, play cleveland again at home in the playoffs, beat them, then go play indy in the divisional

steelernation77
12-16-2007, 04:21 PM

The Jaguars always run the ball on us.

Dude, I don't mean to be a jerk, but since you're from Arizona and not the UK, its "defense" and "offense."

Hines
12-16-2007, 04:23 PM
The Jaguars always run the ball on us.

Dude, I don't mean to be a jerk, but since you're from Arizona and not the UK, its "defense" and "offense."

ok so i get it mixed up a few times, my bad..u know what i meant right?

The Unseen
12-16-2007, 04:28 PM
Good game guys. You can always count on Steelers-Jaguars games being great, and this one was. Nice job on coming back; I thought we were gonna choke there...

Hines
12-16-2007, 04:38 PM
Good game guys. You can always count on Steelers-Jaguars games being great, and this one was. Nice job on coming back; I thought we were gonna choke there...

Very classy, you guys wanted it more..hopefully we meet again in the playoffs and the outcome will be different.

steelersfan43
12-16-2007, 05:55 PM
I read an article and the guy thinks that we are switching to the 4-3, if we do I think i might cry. I hate the 4-3.

mikehop05
12-16-2007, 06:50 PM
I read an article and the guy thinks that we are switching to the 4-3, if we do I think i might cry. I hate the 4-3.

im becoming more partial to it, if we run a 3-4 / 4-3 hybrid ill be happy

Mr. Stiller
12-16-2007, 07:22 PM
actually, i believe we will be the fourth seed, play cleveland again at home in the playoffs, beat them, then go play indy in the divisional

Fred Taylor is the all-time leading rusher against the Steelers.

If we win one more game I think we are the #4 seed. If we lose out, and Tennessee wins/Cleveland wins out.. we go home. without a playoff opportunity.

I don't care if we run a 3-4 or 4-3. If we actually decide to stop pussyfooting and be physical.. I don't care if we run a 10-1-0 or a 2-2-7

brat316
12-16-2007, 10:31 PM
hey if we win against Balt, that means we sweeped our division oppenents 5-0 now so to be 6-0.

Yeah we pretty much need to win the rest of our games.

Stl. easy win, hopefully
Balt. I hope they start Smith so i can see him play and get dominated by the steelers, would rather want McNair to play so we have a sure win.

Mr. Stiller
12-17-2007, 12:44 AM
hey if we win against Balt, that means we sweeped our division oppenents 5-0 now so to be 6-0.

Yeah we pretty much need to win the rest of our games.

Stl. easy win, hopefully
Balt. I hope they start Smith so i can see him play and get dominated by the steelers, would rather want McNair to play so we have a sure win.

I wouldn't. McNair is what.. 12-2 against the Steelers all-time? Give me Smith any day of the week. And for Good Measure.. Start Woodley at LOLB.

Jakey
12-17-2007, 03:39 AM
And for Good Measure.. Start Woodley at LOLB

Word to that...Clark Haggans stinks!

SteelCityNightmare
12-17-2007, 07:37 AM
Thursday's game kind of worries me for several reasons: 1) Its away and that benefits the Rams offense and we have not played well on the road (2-4). 2) If the Rams offense shows up, coupled with the possibility of our secondary playing like it did during the second half of the Pats and all of the Jags game, we are going to have trouble. It just depends on which Rams team shows up. 3) We have struggled at times with teams that should not be sharing the field with us, i.e. Denver, Arizona, and NY Jets.

Jakey
12-17-2007, 10:22 AM
Did any1 else see the play that Casey Hampton dropped back into coverage??? That must be one of LeBeau's new wrinkles that he invented in the offseason.

skarocksoi
12-17-2007, 05:35 PM
Did any1 else see the play that Casey Hampton dropped back into coverage??? That must be one of LeBeau's new wrinkles that he invented in the offseason.

I wasn't even aware that he had the ability to drop back. A big guy like that trying to backpedal must have been pretty weird to see.

On another note, I remember a crazy play the Ravens ran against New England where Ngata (I think) was lined up about 3-5 yards off the line and basically just sprinted and smashed into the Oline. It looked like a big bowling ball. Imagine being a lineman and seeing the full glory of Casey Hampton barrelling down on you at full speed.

mikehop05
12-17-2007, 09:10 PM
I wasn't even aware that he had the ability to drop back. A big guy like that trying to backpedal must have been pretty weird to see.

On another note, I remember a crazy play the Ravens ran against New England where Ngata (I think) was lined up about 3-5 yards off the line and basically just sprinted and smashed into the Oline. It looked like a big bowling ball. Imagine being a lineman and seeing the full glory of Casey Hampton barrelling down on you at full speed.

though keep in mind his full speed is equivalent to most peoples fast walk haha

Jakey
12-18-2007, 05:52 AM
^ haha true

I cant believe Casey is listed at 320lbs...i think he's more like 350lbs

Mr. Stiller
12-18-2007, 10:35 AM
http://images.burntorangenation.com/images/admin/drunkcaseyhampton.jpg

Dude is a few crunches away from a 6pack at 320.

The reason he looks 340+ is the fact he's 6'0

Jakey
12-18-2007, 10:47 AM
haha thats a great pic!

Smooth Criminal
12-18-2007, 04:22 PM
5 Steelers probowlers. Roethlisberger, Parker, Faneca, Harrison, and Polamalu. I don't think either Polamalu or Faneca deserve it.

mikehop05
12-18-2007, 04:31 PM
5 Steelers probowlers. Roethlisberger, Parker, Faneca, Harrison, and Polamalu. I don't think either Polamalu or Faneca deserve it.

i agree but i would say Ike Taylor does

terribletowel39
12-18-2007, 06:50 PM
i agree but i would say Ike Taylor does
i agree with both of you. although i think Hampton should get in and even though his season is over, Aaron Smith should have gotten in, he doesn't have the stats but i don't think there are but one or two other ppl in the NFL that can do what he does for our line. Farrior might should have got in. i hate that Ray got in. he doesn't deserve it and it was pure recognition. but then again we have two guys in there that got in on name recognition, even though when he is healthy as we all saw in the jacksonville game troy p is still one of if not the best safeties in the league.

mikehop05
12-18-2007, 08:34 PM
i agree with both of you. although i think Hampton should get in and even though his season is over, Aaron Smith should have gotten in, he doesn't have the stats but i don't think there are but one or two other ppl in the NFL that can do what he does for our line. Farrior might should have got in. i hate that Ray got in. he doesn't deserve it and it was pure recognition. but then again we have two guys in there that got in on name recognition, even though when he is healthy as we all saw in the jacksonville game troy p is still one of if not the best safeties in the league.

agrred, i think last game showed us how irreplaceable smith is right now

TheWood56
12-18-2007, 11:35 PM
The Steelers players who I think deserve to go to Hawaii for the pro bowl are:

- Ben Roethlisberger
- Willie Parker
- James Harrison
- James Farrior
- Aaron Smith
- Ike Taylor (possibly)
- Casey Hampton (possibly)

Jakey
12-19-2007, 05:12 AM
^ I'll second that...but I think Ike Taylor shold have definately made it (even if it was only as a backup).

Some other news...Tyrone Carter will be starting at free safety over Anthony Smith. I dont think this is a good decision one bit, first of all Tyrone hasnt played FS for about 3 seasons...secondly Anthony Smith is exactly the kind of player you want playing against the Rams, Isaac Bruce and Tory Holt are soft recievers, after a few licks from Anthony Smith i think they would be scared to catch every ball that goes their way. Bad decision IMHO

DeathbyStat
12-19-2007, 08:13 AM
I like to see as many as we can get put Troy and Faneca really don't deserve it.

I think Ike could have made it if he had more ints.

steel man
12-19-2007, 09:28 AM
what do you guys think about using Anthony Smith in run support instead of Troy and let Troy play back so we do not get burnt anymore. Smith is a BIG hitter and a good tackler so he would not get ran over and does not mind to be in run support and Troy is smart enough and fast enough to play deep.

steel man
12-19-2007, 09:30 AM
http://images.burntorangenation.com/images/admin/drunkcaseyhampton.jpg

stuff like this might be why we have not play like we should be playing.

mikehop05
12-19-2007, 10:35 AM
stuff like this might be why we have not play like we should be playing.

this is from a while ago, before this season

Mr. Stiller
12-19-2007, 12:19 PM
what do you guys think about using Anthony Smith in run support instead of Troy and let Troy play back so we do not get burnt anymore. Smith is a BIG hitter and a good tackler so he would not get ran over and does not mind to be in run support and Troy is smart enough and fast enough to play deep.

Terrible. Anthony Smith is 3x better in coverage. He's got burned by the Patriots (So did Sean Taylor and a ton of other "Great" Safeties).

He's also better at FS. He's made some mistakes but he's also just a 2nd year guy. He's going to make those mistakes.

Lets not forget for him, we lose to Jax 28-10.

He had a Crucial INT and return to the 10, then a key pass breakup on 3rd and 8 the next Jax drive.

Mr. Stiller
12-19-2007, 12:20 PM
this is from a while ago, before this season

That was after his child was born this past May I believe.

Mr. Stiller
12-19-2007, 12:26 PM
I'll be doing a fairly large defensive breakdown tonight. The #'s, what they mean, and how to improve.

steel man
12-19-2007, 03:13 PM
don't get me wrong...i am not saying he is a bad player or that i do not like him but i am just thinking and throwing out ideals.

steelersfan43
12-19-2007, 03:57 PM
With Haggans out tommorow, what do you think we will do? Just put woodley in for him or what?.. I want to see timmons play.

terribletowel39
12-19-2007, 04:07 PM
With Haggans out tommorow, what do you think we will do? Just put woodley in for him or what?.. I want to see timmons play.
yes woodley will replace him thank god. and don't know if anyone has heard but Ant has been benched. Carter is starting in his place.

Mr. Stiller
12-19-2007, 04:11 PM
don't get me wrong...i am not saying he is a bad player or that i do not like him but i am just thinking and throwing out ideals.

Yeah. I think Personally that we could Move An Smith to SS and Troy to FS, but that would limit the amount of times Troy could come flying up to the LOS. In a cover 2..

Ryan Clark at FS and AnSmith at SS would be ideal. Troy would likely be best suited to corner in a Cover 2.

I think Woodley will get the Majority of the Time, but don't be surprised if they use a Nickel more often than not putting just Farrior and Harrison on the field. Possibly a small amount of Timmons.

yes woodley will replace him thank god. and don't know if anyone has heard but Ant has been benched. Carter is starting in his place.

I think his confidence was rocked against the Patriots.. Though I find the Timing awfully stupid.

Right after the kid makes literally the ONLY 2 defensive plays that kept us in the game (Short of Troys 2 amazing tackles.)

His INT kept us in the game

terribletowel39
12-19-2007, 04:15 PM
I think his confidence was rocked against the Patriots.. Though I find the Timing awfully stupid.

Right after the kid makes literally the ONLY 2 defensive plays that kept us in the game (Short of Troys 2 amazing tackles.)

His INT kept us in the game
yea i agree that the INT kept us in the game but 1 play more than 40 yards the first 12 games. 3 in the last two games and he has been responsible for all three and all three have gone for TD's. i love the kid and think he has potential. but i do like the idea. there is absolutely nothing wrong with tyrone carter and hopefully it makes Smith get better and more disciplined so he doesn't look into the backfield and bite so hard on the play fake.

Mr. Stiller
12-19-2007, 05:48 PM
yea i agree that the INT kept us in the game but 1 play more than 40 yards the first 12 games. 3 in the last two games and he has been responsible for all three and all three have gone for TD's. i love the kid and think he has potential. but i do like the idea. there is absolutely nothing wrong with tyrone carter and hopefully it makes Smith get better and more disciplined so he doesn't look into the backfield and bite so hard on the play fake.

Tyrone Carter is a less explosive, worse in coverage version of Troy.

When we go to a team with 2 explosive WR's on turf, with a monster RB.

And An Smith is on the bench.. and St. Louis owns our defense.

Will we see this is nothing more than Cowher Benching Ike last season?

With all due respect to Fred Taylor.. Steven Jackson is 5x the RB. Holt/Bruce/Curtis will be giving us fits all day.

I think we could really lose this game.

steelersfan43
12-19-2007, 06:29 PM
Tyrone Carter is a less explosive, worse in coverage version of Troy.

When we go to a team with 2 explosive WR's on turf, with a monster RB.

And An Smith is on the bench.. and St. Louis owns our defense.

Will we see this is nothing more than Cowher Benching Ike last season?

With all due respect to Fred Taylor.. Steven Jackson is 5x the RB. Holt/Bruce/Curtis will be giving us fits all day.

I think we could really lose this game.

Curtis was on the rams last year, hes been on the eagles all season... If tyrone sucks it up, im sure they will put anthony in.

Jakey
12-20-2007, 06:44 AM
Some other news...Tyrone Carter will be starting at free safety over Anthony Smith. I dont think this is a good decision one bit, first of all Tyrone hasnt played FS for about 3 seasons...secondly Anthony Smith is exactly the kind of player you want playing against the Rams, Isaac Bruce and Tory Holt are soft recievers, after a few licks from Anthony Smith i think they would be scared to catch every ball that goes their way. Bad decision IMHO

I posted this the other day...that's what i think of the situation...it stinks! :p

Hines
12-20-2007, 07:05 AM
I dont know why you guys are so worried about this game..yes Jackson is legit and Holt can break a game over, but the Rams oline sucks and has gotten Bulger hurt so many times this year. Bulger has not been a groove at all this year so if we blitz him and hit him, he will be in a funk..Their defence is terrible and wont be able to handle our offence. I honestly believe Willie will get close to 150+ yards. You guys need to stop worrying about this game because I honestly think we will win by more then 14.

steelersfan43
12-20-2007, 07:48 PM
we have the worst pass protecting O line in the nfl. ****

Jakey
12-20-2007, 07:52 PM
noooooooooooooo...see ya next year Willie

say hello to Gary Russel next week

Hines
12-20-2007, 07:56 PM
Willies done, we are done, our defence cant stop nobody, cant get pressure..we will be one and done

Jakey
12-20-2007, 09:03 PM
Willie Parker...broken fibula, out for season :(

Mr. Stiller
12-20-2007, 09:11 PM
Willies done, we are done, our defence cant stop nobody, cant get pressure..we will be one and done

I'm not so sure.

Remember what we said this season? This OL is not built for Parker.

Najeh is fresh.. and with Carey Davis Spelling him.. we have a 2 headed power attack, and Najeh is the...

Tad Slower, tad weaker Steven Jackson.

Plus he's an excellent receiver, and he's extremely difficult to bring down.

Hines
12-20-2007, 09:17 PM
Wouldnt be suprised if we sign Verron now.

yourfavestoner
12-20-2007, 09:39 PM
I'm not so sure.

Remember what we said this season? This OL is not built for Parker.

Najeh is fresh.. and with Carey Davis Spelling him.. we have a 2 headed power attack, and Najeh is the...

Tad Slower, tad weaker Steven Jackson.

Plus he's an excellent receiver, and he's extremely difficult to bring down.

I've had this thought during Parker's entire career in Pittsburgh. Parker would be best suited in a zone blocking scheme, where he can bleed out runs to the outside and then make one cut and use his speed and power to burst upfield.

Hines
12-20-2007, 10:11 PM
I guess Ike learned how to catch, maybe he should teach Deshea

Jakey
12-20-2007, 10:19 PM
how much do ya think we will see from Gary Russell???

steelersfan43
12-20-2007, 10:29 PM
Gary russel is a stud.

Hines
12-20-2007, 10:32 PM
how much do ya think we will see from Gary Russell???

I dont think we will see that much, specially with Bmore coming up..who knows though

Mr. Stiller
12-20-2007, 10:57 PM
I've had this thought during Parker's entire career in Pittsburgh. Parker would be best suited in a zone blocking scheme, where he can bleed out runs to the outside and then make one cut and use his speed and power to burst upfield.

I think Willie Relies too much on his thinking to get him through.. not enough of his instincts and speed.

Mr. Stiller
12-20-2007, 10:57 PM
I dont think we will see that much, specially with Bmore coming up..who knows though

$10 says we sign Verron Haynes first.

brat316
12-20-2007, 11:54 PM
dman willie is out, but Davenport did good.

How about that sweet 1 handed catch by Holmes when ben passed from the end zone.

No way we sign Haynes, god i hate him how about Russell

Hines
12-21-2007, 03:35 PM
Timmons broke his hand, but isnt expected to miss anytime

Mr. Stiller
12-21-2007, 06:12 PM
Off-season opinions..

Sign:

Max Starks... LT(WTF).
Randy Starks... DE, Tennessee

terribletowel39
12-21-2007, 06:14 PM
Off-season opinions..

Sign:

Max Starks... LT(WTF).
Randy Starks... DE, Tennessee
how old is Starks?? i don't feel like looking it up. and is your sig updated from last nights game??

Mr. Stiller
12-21-2007, 10:51 PM
how old is Starks?? i don't feel like looking it up. and is your sig updated from last nights game??

Offhand I'd say 25-26.

He was drafted in 2004, I'm guessing he's 25.

Mocks up.

steelernation77
12-22-2007, 03:59 PM
I was at the Rams game and it was awesome. Woodley needs to improve his tackling.

Mr. Stiller
12-22-2007, 05:20 PM
I was at the Rams game and it was awesome. Woodley needs to improve his tackling.

Because he got stiff armed by Jackson? That play? That was just a bad angle. I don't think James Harrison or Hampton would've made that play.

I think he's thinking too much.

steelersfan43
12-22-2007, 11:09 PM
so stilller when can we expect that d write up?

Hines
12-23-2007, 11:04 AM
I want Eddie Royal as our KR/PR

Hines
12-23-2007, 11:15 AM
To be honest, I wouldnt mind picking up four Hookies:

WR/KR/PR Eddie Royal
WR Josh Morgan
CB Macho Harris/Brandon Flowers
OT Duane Brown
OLB Chris Ellis
WR Josh Harper

steelernation77
12-23-2007, 02:30 PM
Because he got stiff armed by Jackson? That play? That was just a bad angle. I don't think James Harrison or Hampton would've made that play.

I think he's thinking too much.

He a few tackles on one of their scoring drives. I can distinctly remember atleast two in about a three plays.

steelersfan43
12-23-2007, 03:15 PM
^he just needs to go low, your not going to tackle jackson at shoulder hight..

Yay We clinch division!! Browns lose browns lose!

S4L
12-23-2007, 09:46 PM
Clinching the division was huge. But I still think the San Diego game tomorrow and next week will be even bigger. I would definitely like to play either Tennessee or Cleveland much more than Jacksonville.

brat316
12-24-2007, 12:15 AM
yeah hopefully we don't play Jacksonville

Hines
12-24-2007, 01:11 AM
If we have the four seed, we will have to beat Ten/Cle then beat Indy in Indy to have the rematch with NE

joercky
12-24-2007, 01:14 AM
I want Eddie Royal as our KR/PR. 2nd that.

Smooth Criminal
12-24-2007, 07:26 AM
If we have the four seed, we will have to beat Ten/Cle then beat Indy in Indy to have the rematch with NE

Wrong. If we are the 3rd seed thats what happens. If were the 4th seed we will host Jacksonville then go to NE.

I think the best time to play NE would be after they play a team like Jacksonville so that can only happen if we get the 3rd seed and Jacksonville beats the 4th seed chargers. Then we would go to Indy and the jaguars would go to NE.

Hines
12-24-2007, 10:19 AM
I would actually want to play TEN/Cle and Indy then Jack and NE..

Smooth Criminal
12-24-2007, 10:37 AM
I think everyone would. Thats why we have to get the 3rd seed so we play the 6th seed in the first round which will either be CLE or TEN.

I'd love a playoff game between us and cleveland.

terribletowel39
12-24-2007, 10:41 AM
so to guarantee the 3rd spot, SD just has to lose tonight right?? and if they win, we just have to beat the ravens right??

Hines
12-24-2007, 10:50 AM
I think we would get the tiebraker...let me read about it then I will get back to you guys

Hines
12-24-2007, 10:53 AM
http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

I think as it is saying, if we end up tieing with SD, we will get the three seed because of our record against our division. Could be wrong though, as I just simmed threw that.

steelersfan27
12-24-2007, 11:03 AM
Did anyone watch how Tyrone Carter did?

Smooth Criminal
12-24-2007, 01:39 PM
Wrong. We lose the tiebreaker with SD because they have a better conference record than us.

If SD loses tonight then we will have the same conference record, 7-4. The the tiebreaker would be division record in which we have them beat.

If they lose tonight or next sunday we get the third seed, regardless of what we do against the Ravens.

Hines
12-24-2007, 01:42 PM
Wrong. We lose the tiebreaker with SD because they have a better conference record than us.

If SD loses tonight then we will have the same conference record, 7-4. The the tiebreaker would be division record in which we have them beat.

If they lose tonight or next sunday we get the third seed, regardless of what we do against the Ravens.

Yeah I read that wrong...I say lets root for whoever they play next Sunday, cuz I kinda need LT tonight.

Hines
12-24-2007, 01:42 PM
Oh and we signed Verron Haynes as expected...

Smooth Criminal
12-24-2007, 01:50 PM
Actually I was wrong when I posted that.

The Chargers need to lose either of their next two games and us beat the Ravens for us to get the 3rd seed.

Or if the Chargers lose their next two games we can lose to the Ravens and still get the 3rd seed because we will have the same conference record as SD but we will win the next tiebreaker, division record.

skarocksoi
12-24-2007, 02:09 PM
I just hope everybody else loses and we win. That usually works out in our favor.

joercky
12-25-2007, 10:06 PM
Yup hopefully Ben gets to rest. I don't trust our F***ing O-Line. 47 times. That would get you fired in the real world.

Mr. Stiller
12-26-2007, 02:16 AM
To be honest, I wouldnt mind picking up four Hookies:

WR/KR/PR Eddie Royal
WR Josh Morgan
CB Macho Harris/Brandon Flowers
OT Duane Brown
OLB Chris Ellis
WR Josh Harper

Give me...

Morgan = WR/KR
Victor "Macho" Harris = CB/KR
Brandon Flowers = #1 CB
D.J. Parker = FS/SS
Xavier Adibi = ILB
Royal ~ PR/WR/KR

With a touch of ..

Philip Merling + Brandon Flowers + Macho Harris + Royal + Morgan..

2008:

1) Philip Merling, DE/OLB, Clemson
2) Eddie Royal, KR/PR, VT
3) John Greco, OT/OG, Toledo
4) Nick Hayden, DT/DE, Wisconsin
5) Josh Morgan, WR, VT
6) Andrew Bain, OG, Miami

UDFA:

+QB, +Caulcrick, +Tony Burks +Fernando Velasco, +Martail Burnett, +Brandon Carr + DJ Parker

2009:

1) Brandon Flowers, CB, VT
2) Victor Harris, CB, VT
3) Dave Philistin, ILB, Maryland
3c) Jon Luigs, C, Arkansas
4) Xavier Fulton, OT, Illinois
5) Bear Pascoe, TE, Fresno State
6) Myron Pryor, NT, Kentucky
6c) Jason Chapman, DT/DE, Wisconsin
7) Tyler Lorenzen, QB, Connecticut

SOunds good to me.

Hines
12-26-2007, 02:18 AM
I like QB Jeremy Young from Southern Mississippi. Even though he wont play qb in the NFL, I believe he is a better qb then Randall.

steelersfan27
12-26-2007, 02:05 PM
is tyler lorenzen related to jared lorenzen? and just a thought here...what if we could get jared lorenzen to be a goal line/qb sneak qb. just a thought. he weighs 285lbs!!!

Hines
12-27-2007, 12:35 PM
Here are some free agents I would like to bring in if price is right:

OLB Calvin Pace
WR Bryant Johnson
WR Ernest Wilford
G Jake Scott
Isaac Sopoaga DT
WR Jerry Porter

terribletowel39
12-27-2007, 02:10 PM
is marvel smith supposed to have hurt his back?? its what i am hearing through the grapevine and wanted to know if any of you burgh natives have heard anything about it. might be out for the playoffs??

Hines
12-27-2007, 02:25 PM
Ben wont be playing on Sunday.

steelersfan27
12-27-2007, 02:27 PM
yes, marvel smith did hurt his back and he will miss the playoffs. starks has looked good at left tackle while smith has been injured, but starks is very inconsistent in pass protection. he gets owned by speed rushers.

terribletowel39
12-27-2007, 02:32 PM
ok i thought so and i think Smith has been doing way better than he normally looks. he has really stepped it up.

what is the deal with Ben not playing?? are we going to rest most starters?? we have a chance to sweep everyone in our division, oh how wonderfully it would be. i hope we don't botch that.

Hines
12-27-2007, 05:59 PM
We should franchise Faneca.

terribletowel39
12-27-2007, 06:03 PM
Faneca is as good as gone.

steelersfan27
12-27-2007, 07:24 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3170124

yes, ben is hurt too and he will likely sit, which is the smart choice.

Mr. Stiller
12-28-2007, 12:56 AM
ok i thought so and i think Smith has been doing way better than he normally looks. he has really stepped it up.

what is the deal with Ben not playing?? are we going to rest most starters?? we have a chance to sweep everyone in our division, oh how wonderfully it would be. i hope we don't botch that.

Are you serious about Smith? Did you see his 3 last games? He was beaten on every single pass rushing move known to man.

terribletowel39
12-28-2007, 01:29 AM
Are you serious about Smith? Did you see his 3 last games? He was beaten on every single pass rushing move known to man.
yea its my fault you can question my fanhood on that one. i was typing smith and meaning starks. nevermind.

Mr. Stiller
12-28-2007, 02:18 AM
yea its my fault you can question my fanhood on that one. i was typing smith and meaning starks. nevermind.

LOL, I wasn't trying to call you out, I just was wondering if I had somehow missed Smith playing good.

But Starks has played above average. Though a Terrell Suggs/Antwan Barnes Matchup will give us a definitive Idea.

ready for Big Writup?
----------------------------------
Here's my idea.

We Start here with the draft:

Round.Pick #

1.25, 2.25, 3.25, 4.25, 5.25, 6.25

We see no one at 1.25 so we call up Buffalo. "Hey we heard you guys wanted to move up for a WLB or CB. Well theres a few guys here, what? You really want Keith Rivers? Well I could trade down for say, a 2nd and 2 - 3rds. You want a little more? We'll throw in a 4th. Sound good? Ok, Deal".

So we now go,

2.15, 2.25, 3.7(From Balt, through Buffalo), 3.15, 3.25, 5.25, 6.25

Then we go ahead and do this:

2.15: Chris Williams, LT, Vanderbilt

2.25 comes around and again we're in a bit of a predicament. There's a few guys we like, but not at the cost of our original second. Lucky for us, shades of 2006 return.

"Kevin and Mike? This is Brad Childress. Remember the deal we had in 2006, where we traded up for Tavaris Jackson? Well that experiment has gone terribly awful, so, we're going to start from scratch. We got our Safety of the future in round 1, Mike you'd like the kid. Kenny Phillips. Then in round 2 we drafted Gosder Cherilous, that good RT from Boston College, as I'm sure you know. Now we want Joe Flacco, but I don't see him lasting much further. I want to get this done in a hurry so, here's my offer. Both of our 3rd round picks and our 4th. We want this kid and asap, can you get us in day 1 or do I have to call San Diego? Whats that Mike? Well that works for both of us, thanks for the QB and you have yourself a great draft. Alright, Bye"..

2.25 for 3.10(Denver Through Minny), 3.19, 4.19.

so we are at:

2.15 (Chris Williams), 3.7, 3.10, 3.15, 3.19, 3.25, 4.19, 5.25, 6.25

Day 2 rolls around and we dive in.

3.7: Steve Justice, C, Wake Forest.
3.10: John Greco, OG/RT, Toledo
3.15: Titus Brown, ROLB, Mississippi State
3.19: Nick Hayden, LDE, Wisconsin
3.25: Terrance Wheatley, KR/PR/CB, Colorado
4.19: Jeremy Thompson, LOLB, Wake Forest
5.25: Jeremy Leman, LILB, Illinois
6.25: Johnny Dingle, RDE, West Virginia

2008's Haul:

2.15: Chris Williams, LT, Vanderbilt ~ 6'6 315 5.09
3.7: Steve Justice, C, Wake Forest ~ 6'4 290 5.12
3.10: John Greco, OG/RT, Toledo ~ 6'5 320 5.22
3.15: Titus Brown, ROLB, Mississippi State ~ 6'3 248 4.68
3.19: Nick Hayden, LDE, Wisconsin ~ 6'4 310 5.07
3.25: Terrance Wheatley, KR/PR/CB, Colorado ~ 5'10 185 4.38
4.19: Jeremy Thompson, LOLB, Wake Forest ~ 6'5 262 4.75
5.25: Jeremy Leman, LILB, Illinois ~ 6'3 242 4.77
6.25: Johnny Dingle, RDE, West Virginia ~ 6'3 278 4.82

UDFA:

Adam Tafralis, QB, San Jose State ~ 6'3 218lbs 4.64
Jehuu Caulcrick, FB/HB, Michigan State ~ 6'1 255lbs 4.61
Tony Burks, WR, Mississippi State ~ 6'4 220 4.52
Kolo Kapanui, TE, West Texas A&M ~ 6'3 268 4.66
Kory Robertson, NT, Virginia Tech ~ 6'3 325 5.08
David Roach, FS, Texas Christian ~ 6'1 215 4.49
Jamie Silva, SS, Boston College ~ 5'11 220 4.56

Depth Chart:

Offense:

QB: Ben Roethlisberger -> Charlie Batch -> Adam Tafralis (UDFA)
RB: Willie Parker -> Najeh Davenport -> Gary Russell -> Jehuu Caulcrick (UDFA)
FB: Carey Davies -> Jehuu Caulcrick (UDFA)
WR1: Hines Ward -> Cedrick Wilson
WR2: Santonio Holmes -> Willie Reid
WR3: Nate Washington -> Tony Burks (UDFA)
TE: Heath Miller -> Matt Spaeth -> Jerame Tuman/Kolo Kapanui(UDFA)

LT: Marvel Smith -> Chris Williams (2.15)
LG: Willie Colon -> Sean Mahan
OC: Darnell Stapleton/Steve Justice (3.7)
RG: Kendall Simmons -> Chris Kemoeatu
RT: John Greco(3.15) / Chris Williams (2.15)

Defense:

LDE: Aaron Smith -> Nick Hayden (3.19)
NT: Casey Hampton -> Chris Hoke -> Kory Robertson (UDFA)
RDE: Brett Keisel -> Ryan McBean -> Johnny Dingle (6.25)

LOLB: LaMarr Woodley -> Jeremy Thompson(4.19)
LILB: James Farrior -> Jeremy Leman (5.25)
RILB: Lawrence Timmons -> Larry Foote
ROLB: James Harrison -> Titus Brown (3.15)

LCB: Ike Taylor -> William *** -> Anthony Madison
RCB: DeShea Townsend -> Bryant McFadden -> Terrance Wheatley (3.25)
FS: Ryan Clark -> Anthony Smith -> David Roach(UDFA)
SS: Troy Polamalu -> Tyrone Carter -> Jamie Silva (UDFA)

When all is said and done after 2008 draft... I'll say we'll finish in similar fashion in 2008 season.

Roughly pick 25. Plus a 3rd round Compensation pick for Alan Faneca and conservatively a 4th rounder for Max Starks.

2009 we add a few pieces to put us over the top.

1.25) Brandon Flowers, CB, Virginia Tech ~ 5'11 205lbs 4.42
2.25) Devin Thomas, WR, Michigan State ~ 6'2 215lbs 4.48
3.25) Peria Jerry, NT, Mississippi ~ 6'2 315lbs 4.97
3.Comp) Kraig Urbik, OG, Wisconsin ~ 6'6 328lbs 5.22
4.25) Dave Philistin, ILB, Maryland ~ 6'3 238lbs 4.55
4.Comp) Javon Ringer, RB, Michigan State ~ 5'9 210lbs 4.43
5.25) Xavier Fulton, LT, Illinois ~ 6'5 295lbs 4.95
6.25) Bear Pascoe, TE, Fresno State ~ 6'5 260lbs 4.78
7.25) Eric Vandenheuvel, Wisconsin ~ 6'7 325lbs 5.25

Depth Chart:

Offense:

QB: Ben Roethlisberger -> Charlie Batch -> Adam Tafralis
RB: Willie Parker -> Gary Russell -> Javon Ringer(4.Comp) -> Jehuu Caulcrick
FB: Carey Davies -> Jehuu Caulcrick
WR1: Hines Ward -> Devin Thomas (2.25)
WR2: Santonio Holmes -> Willie Reid
WR3: Nate Washington -> Tony Burks
TE: Heath Miller -> Matt Spaeth -> Bear Pascoe (6.25)/Kolo Kapanui

LT: Chris Williams -> Xavier Fulton (5.25)
LG: Willie Colon -> Sean Mahan
OC: Steve Justice -> Darnell Stapleton
RG: Kendall Simmons -> Kraig Urbik (3.Comp)
RT: John Greco -> Eric Vandenheuvel (7.25)

Defense:

LDE: Aaron Smith -> Nick Hayden
NT: Casey Hampton -> Chris Hoke -> Peria Jerry(3.25) / Kory Robertson
RDE: Brett Keisel -> Ryan McBean / Johnny Dingle

LOLB: LaMarr Woodley -> Jeremy Thompson
LILB: Jeremy Leman -> Dave Philistin (4.25)
RILB: Lawrence Timmons -> Larry Foote
ROLB: James Harrison -> Titus Brown

LCB: Ike Taylor -> Brandon Flowers (1.25) -> Anthony Madison
RCB: Bryant McFadden -> William *** -> Terrance Wheatley
FS: Ryan Clark -> Anthony Smith -> David Roach
SS: Troy Polamalu -> Tyrone Carter -> Jamie Silva

For Brandon Flowers, I think he'll play Nickel for one season and take over Ike as the #1 CB, moving him to RCB, which will give us a dominant secondary, while maintaining a young and very very talented front 7.

Our Offense will have added Youth and talent to critical positions such as OL, TE, WR and RB.

This should make us nearly untouchable.
-----------------------------------------
After all that, I haven't had an opportunity to do that big damn defensive writeup yet.

Night yall.

Hines
12-28-2007, 10:43 AM
I think Thomas will come out this year, and I pray to god we get him in the second round. That would be a great pick up.

terribletowel39
12-28-2007, 11:47 AM
LOL, I wasn't trying to call you out, I just was wondering if I had somehow missed Smith playing good.

But Starks has played above average. Though a Terrell Suggs/Antwan Barnes Matchup will give us a definitive Idea.
umm....i am willing Holmes to 2 catches for 156 yards total. making it an even 50 catches for 1000 yards. that would be bad ass.

Hines
12-29-2007, 10:36 AM
I am hoping the Steelers can make a run...It will be tough without Smith and Parker, but I believe we can. This is where I miss Joey, because he would have fired up this team.

steelersfan27
12-29-2007, 04:45 PM
I am hoping the Steelers can make a run...It will be tough without Smith and Parker, but I believe we can. This is where I miss Joey, because he would have fired up this team.

this is the time of year where somebody needs to step up in the locker room and get this team fired up like joey did.

TheWood56
12-30-2007, 05:01 AM
this is the time of year where somebody needs to step up in the locker room and get this team fired up like joey did.

How about our MVP, James Harrison? :cool:

Mr. Stiller
12-30-2007, 10:41 AM
If Anthony Smith did, everyone would be bitching about how he hasn't done anything.

So. Harrison is a quiet scary type. Farrior is the players guy on the field.. Mr. Nice. There's not a nasty guy in the bunch willing to talk, other than An Smith.. who, isn't allowed to talk, thanks to the irresponsible media of this country.

Hines
12-30-2007, 11:02 AM
I find that so stupid too. But regardless, I might be going to the Insight Bowl tommarow, Indiana vs OK St. Anyone you guys want me to watch?

Mr. Stiller
12-30-2007, 02:58 PM
I find that so stupid too. But regardless, I might be going to the Insight Bowl tommarow, Indiana vs OK St. Anyone you guys want me to watch?

Indiana:

Tracy Porter, CB
James Hardy, WR
Leslie Majors, CB

Oklahoma State:

Adarius Bowman, WR
Brandon Pettigrew, TE (Rumored to Declare)
Roderick Johnson, ILB
Tonga Tea, NT

Hines
12-30-2007, 02:59 PM
Indiana:

Tracy Porter, CB
James Hardy, WR
Leslie Majors, CB

Oklahoma State:

Adarius Bowman, WR
Brandon Pettigrew, TE (Rumored to Declare)
Roderick Johnson, ILB
Tonga Tea, NT

If I go, I will watch them. Mostly the matchup of Bowman and Porter.

skarocksoi
12-30-2007, 07:13 PM
After watching the Wake Forest UConn game, I think Steve Justice in the 3rd would be a solid pick. He could possibly push for playing time in camp, and definitely take over center in 2009.

Mr. Stiller
12-30-2007, 07:57 PM
After watching the Wake Forest UConn game, I think Steve Justice in the 3rd would be a solid pick. He could possibly push for playing time in camp, and definitely take over center in 2009.

Word out of Steelers Brass is...

Colon will be your LG, Simmons your Center and Kemo your RG next season.

mikehop05
12-30-2007, 08:05 PM

id wouldnt be upset with that trio in the middle

mikehop05
12-30-2007, 08:06 PM

yeah i like him in the 3rd as well for us

Hines
12-30-2007, 08:15 PM

Now that would be nice. Who would be the tackles?

Ravens1991
12-30-2007, 08:20 PM
gg everybody.

steelersfan27
12-30-2007, 09:52 PM
Colon will be your LG, Simmons your Center and Kemo your RG next season

i think Colon would be RG and Kemo would be LG

joercky
12-30-2007, 10:22 PM
D@mn we got Jax. Tough game. Our D just doesn't get the same push when Aaron Smith is out.

steelersfan27
12-30-2007, 11:21 PM
Chris Hoke should definitely see more time. hes better than kirschke, I think he can play DE. Besides, all our DE's are meant to do is stop the run and draw attention from linemen so that the linebackers can get sacks. I think Hoke would really help us to stop Taylor/Jones-Drew

TheWood56
12-30-2007, 11:55 PM

Is this inside info or something? :cool:

Also, out of the Steelers Brass, who would be the OT's next season? Smith and Starks? Will Smith be able to come back and play at 100% next season? And have you heard anything about the Starks situation and if we're planning on making an actual attempt to re-sign him?

Hines
12-31-2007, 01:12 AM
Its confirmed, I will be at the Insight Bowl. Stiller, I will watch those players for you.

brat316
12-31-2007, 02:56 AM
I dont think that line thing will be right, how can you know you line at the end of the season, for next season. FA could be added, draft and players just suddenly doing better.

skarocksoi
12-31-2007, 08:00 AM
Still, I think Justice would be a good pickup. He was manhandling guys out there and with a year or two, he could be a good center. I just dont trust Simmons because the one thing I want from my center is consistancy, and thats one thing Simmons lacks in my eyes.

Hines
12-31-2007, 10:05 AM
I would give Simmons a shot, hell, he cant be worse then Mahan.

I read that Brandon Flowers got a second round grade. Maybe that pushes him out. If him and Porter were available with our second pick, I would have a hard time chosing one. It would be tough.

Jakey
12-31-2007, 10:18 AM
i'd side for Flowers i think...what do you tink about Macho Harris in the 2nd???

Mr. Stiller
12-31-2007, 11:35 AM
i'd side for Flowers i think...what do you tink about Macho Harris in the 2nd???

If Flowers and Porter are available in round 2, I take Flowers everytime.

Flowers is one of the most PHYSICAL and strong CB's I have seen. He's very underrated.

If I miss on Flowers I take Macho Harris in round 2 in 2009.

Mr. Stiller
12-31-2007, 11:38 AM
Is this inside info or something? :cool:

Also, out of the Steelers Brass, who would be the OT's next season? Smith and Starks? Will Smith be able to come back and play at 100% next season? And have you heard anything about the Starks situation and if we're planning on making an actual attempt to re-sign him?

I haven't heard anything about the OT's. I have a feeling if Marvel can't come back, we'll go after Starks.. if Starks doesn't want ot stay, I have a feeling we'll sign a guy like Wayne Gandy for a year.

Hines
12-31-2007, 11:39 AM
I haven't heard anything about the OT's. I have a feeling if Marvel can't come back, we'll go after Starks.. if Starks doesn't want ot stay, I have a feeling we'll sign a guy like Wayne Gandy for a year.

Wasnt he on our team a few years ago?

Mr. Stiller
12-31-2007, 11:41 AM
Still, I think Justice would be a good pickup. He was manhandling guys out there and with a year or two, he could be a good center. I just dont trust Simmons because the one thing I want from my center is consistancy, and thats one thing Simmons lacks in my eyes.

I like Justice, I saw him manhandling the guys from UConn, but what does that prove? There isn't a DL on connecticut that will be a NFL Player IMO.

But against some better competition, he didn't impress me as much as I had liked.

Alex Mack, Kris O'Dowd, and Jon Luigs are my top 3 centers in the NCAA

Mr. Stiller
12-31-2007, 11:42 AM
Wasnt he on our team a few years ago?

Yep. He should be familiar with our scheme then. But if that happens, we'll probably draft OT's in round 1 and 2. One of those will play RT and one will eventually play LT.

Hines
01-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Steelers LT Max Starks (knee) will not be available to play Saturday against the Jaguars.

Starks had taken over for Marvel Smith, who's rehabbing from back surgery. This is a big blow to Pittsburgh's pass protection, as Starks was playing well. Little used Trai Essex will start against the Jags' ferocious pass rush.

=(. Great season boys, but our time is up this sunday.