PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Steelers Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

NFLBOY
02-01-2007, 10:46 PM
Heard on the news tonight that Hartings is going to retire. Steelers are supposed to announce it after the superbowl,but it looks like it has been leaked out before hand.

neko4
02-01-2007, 10:53 PM
Heard on the news tonight that Hartings is going to retire. Steelers are supposed to announce it after the superbowl,but it looks like it has been leaked out before hand.

i thought that was already anounced?? didn't he say that to a reporter after the last game or something??

mikehop05
02-01-2007, 11:48 PM

i thought that was already anounced?? didn't he say that to a reporter after the last game or something??

thatll give us some cap breathing room

gardocki is as good as gone

who else?

neko4
02-01-2007, 11:55 PM
terribletowel39 wrote:
Quote:

who else?

what about mike logan??

what about kirschke??

if we pick up a tight end in the draft worth anything, would could drop tuman.

mikehop05
02-02-2007, 12:02 AM
terribletowel39 wrote:
Quote:

who else?

what about mike logan??

what about kirschke??

yeah logan will most likely get the boot, also chad brown is gone too

Mr. Stiller
02-02-2007, 12:05 AM
terribletowel39 wrote:
Quote:

who else?

what about mike logan??

what about kirschke??

Logan, Hartings have retired.. I'm doubting we retain Chad Browns Services.

Verron Haynes should be cut. I don't think we should cut Tuman. Atleast not for a rookie this year. He's still under contract and is a solid #2 blocking TE.

Kirschke got resigned last year but has chronic back issues, so he could be gone.

I hope we don't have to resign Bailey. Also Clint Kreidwaldt could be gone as well.

Like I said, mock to be up later tonight.

Mr. Stiller
02-02-2007, 01:15 AM
MOCK TIME!!!

This is my last mock for a while. I'm quite content and I pray this happens on draft day..

Trade down with the Jets for their 1st, 2nd and 3rd for our 1st and 4th.
Tender Starks for a 3rd.
Trade 2 of our acquired 3rds for an additional second.

1) Charles Johnson, DE/OLB, Georgia
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/31/312579.jpg
At 6'2 275lbs he's a solid pass rusher. He Gives us the ability to play 4-3 or 3-4 with consistency and can learn behind one of the best 3-4 LB's in the biz, Joey Porter. Brett Keisel, Casey Hampton, Aaron Smith, then you have this guy breathing down your neck. Pittsburgh's own version of Shawne Merriman. Gives us a beastly pass rusher at OLB in 3-4 looks and at DE in 4-3 looks.

2a) David Harris, MLB, Michigan
http://www.mikedesimone.com/m04/iowa/um16.jpg
Gives us a solid MLB that can play high level in both formations. I usually prefer Desmond Bishop, but David Harris put all my concerns to rest watching him play in the senior Bowl.

2b) Arron Sears, OG/OT, Tennessee
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/tenn/sports/m-footbl/04-05action/a-sears_9132.jpg
Like Willie Colon, Sears can play RG or RT. Gives us versatility. He'll give us depth at 2 positions. Could eventually take over at LG.

2c) Jon Beason, OLB, Miami(FL)
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i206/benzlorenz/BeasonJon1-lg.jpg
Athletic and strong enough to play MLB for us in the 3-4 and can give us a fast coverage guy perfect for a tampa 2 4-3.

3) Marcus McCauley, CB, Fresno State
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c22/mdgcfb/marmccauley.jpg
Poor Senior Season and Workouts, but this guy still has all the Tools and potential. We now can take a flyer on him because Tomlin is a mastermind of the secondary. Listed as the #1 CB potential wise before the season. Bad season and drops. We get a 6'1 220 lb CB that runs a sub 4.49. If Tomlin is the type of coach I think he is... This kid has All-Pro written on him.

4) Paul Williams, WR, Fresno State
http://www.maxwaugh.com/images/fresno04/pwilliams.jpg
Fiesty and Fiery WR that needs coached up. Great hands, intense and very physical. Gives us a speed demon in the slot to bump Ced Wilson from there. Needs to work on his route running. Nothing Arians and Tomlin shouldn't be able to handle

5a) Stephon Heyer, OT, Maryland
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/md/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/214220.jpeg
Heyeris another raw prospect and he could potentially fill out the positionat LT. With the right coaching he's a tree at 6'6 and320lbs. Moves well and could potentially play LT for us down theline. He'll atleast give us depth at RT and possibly push Essexto get in shape.

5b) Jay Alford, DT(DE), PSU
http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2006/04/04-21-06cm/04-21-06dsports-04b.jpg
JayAlford is perfect for us. I think we'll use some Hybrid looks thisyear. Alford is basically the reason we can. He can play DE for us inthe 3-4 (Behind Aaron Smith) or 4-3 UT. 6'3 285 lbs and a never quitmotor. Perfect Steeler guy.

6) Nate Ilaoa, FB/RB, Hawaii
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/fres/galleries/m_footbl_102905/fres1-lg.jpg
I Liked Ilaoa for a long time now. He's a solid reciever, very good runner. I Loved Fu', but he wasn't good enough to keep on. We wanted Mo' Drew last year. Well Ilaoa is no Mo' Drew, but he's 5'9, 240lbs,and has a nasty demeanor. Nearly impossible to tackle, and loves contact. Injury problems and lack of use at Hawaii drop him here, but he could give us a solid 3rd RB and power back option. Not fast, but very quick, very agile for his size, but low center of gravity and is very difficult to bring down.

Nate Ilaoa

7) Brent Celek, TE, Cincinnatti
http://media.scout.com/media/image/31/310314.jpg
I really like Ben Patrick, but we can do without him. Celek is a solid Recieving and blocking TE. He's a perfect replacement for Tuman. He has good size, good hands and was a large reason that Rutgers lost to cincy. He was taking the DE 1on1 and stoning him.

DeathbyStat
02-02-2007, 09:36 AM
I don't think beason will last that long.

NFLBOY
02-02-2007, 09:58 AM
terribletowel39 wrote:
Quote:

who else?

what about mike logan??

what about kirschke??

Logan, Hartings have retired.. I'm doubting we retain Chad Browns Services.

Verron Haynes should be cut. I don't think we should cut Tuman. Atleast not for a rookie this year. He's still under contract and is a solid #2 blocking TE.

Kirschke got resigned last year but has chronic back issues, so he could be gone.

I hope we don't have to resign Bailey. Also Clint Kreidwaldt could be gone as well.

Like I said, mock to be up later tonight. That would be crazy to cut Haynes. You don't find 3rd down backs like him every day.

Man_Of_Steel
02-02-2007, 11:01 AM
Haynes is one of the more consistant players the Steelers have. No way they cut him.

morknolle
02-02-2007, 11:37 AM
Hey guys, I'm trying to put together some offseason ideas and would like your opinions on what your team should be looking at. I saw one mock a few posts back that had several trades then seemed to be pretty LB-heavy. Would Quentin Moses/Charles Johnson be a nice fit at OLB for you guys in the 1st round? Any thoughts on maybe taking Adam Carriker for DE or are you pretty set at DE right now? Any thoughts on taking a DB? Leon Hall or Darrelle Revis should be around. Polamalu is obviously a stud, what do you guys think about your FS, would you maybe look at LaRon Landry or Reggie Nelson there to get a good coverage guy back there? Any thought about Michael Griffin? He's more of a SS type like Polamalu but he does have some coverage skills and him and Polamalu back there together would be a wicked hitting duo. Any thoughts on the offense? I don't think anyone that would be available here would be a prime target of yours unless you like Levi Brown or Justin Blalock enough and think that your OLine could use an upgrade at one position. Any possibility of you guys taking Marshawn Lynch like Scott has in his latest mock? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me with Parker having two good seasons in a row. I think if you do look at RB someone like Michael Bush or Tony Hunt in the 2nd or 3rd round would be a better complement to Parker and be a wiser choice. Anyways, I'm just throwing out some possible ideas to get your opinions. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

morknolle
02-02-2007, 11:38 AM
*Sorry, double posted it by mistake

Mr. Stiller
02-02-2007, 02:22 PM
Haynes is one of the more consistant players the Steelers have. No way they cut him.

He's had 2 ACL repairs in 4 years and Najeh is a much better 3rd down back. He's a better blocker, slightly faster, and he's bigger.

Man_Of_Steel
02-02-2007, 02:46 PM
Najeh is not a better third down rb than Haynes. He was used as a relief to Parker, not as a 3rd down back. And he is defentley not a better blocker than Haynes, thats one of the reasons he got cut from GB.

mikehop05
02-02-2007, 04:51 PM
Najeh is not a better third down rb than Haynes. He was used as a relief to Parker, not as a 3rd down back. And he is defentley not a better blocker than Haynes, thats one of the reasons he got cut from GB.

cut em both and lets go with Kuhn!!!

and draft hunt.

Man_Of_Steel
02-02-2007, 05:52 PM
The boy from SHIPPENSBURG

glennjamen3
02-02-2007, 06:07 PM
Hey guys, I'm trying to put together some offseason ideas and would like your opinions on what your team should be looking at. I saw one mock a few posts back that had several trades then seemed to be pretty LB-heavy. Would Quentin Moses/Charles Johnson be a nice fit at OLB for you guys in the 1st round? Any thoughts on maybe taking Adam Carriker for DE or are you pretty set at DE right now? Any thoughts on taking a DB? Leon Hall or Darrelle Revis should be around. Polamalu is obviously a stud, what do you guys think about your FS, would you maybe look at LaRon Landry or Reggie Nelson there to get a good coverage guy back there? Any thought about Michael Griffin? He's more of a SS type like Polamalu but he does have some coverage skills and him and Polamalu back there together would be a wicked hitting duo. Any thoughts on the offense? I don't think anyone that would be available here would be a prime target of yours unless you like Levi Brown or Justin Blalock enough and think that your OLine could use an upgrade at one position. Any possibility of you guys taking Marshawn Lynch like Scott has in his latest mock? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me with Parker having two good seasons in a row. I think if you do look at RB someone like Michael Bush or Tony Hunt in the 2nd or 3rd round would be a better complement to Parker and be a wiser choice. Anyways, I'm just throwing out some possible ideas to get your opinions. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

LB's are always needed with our defense, especially now since some of the starters are getting older and more importantly more expensive. At the same time though nobody really knows how long we will be in the 3-4 so who knows what kind of LB's we'll be looking for. Our D-line is pretty stout but we could use some depth at DE. Personally I like Townsend, McFadden, and Taylor at corner but there's been a lot of talk about getting a CB in the first day. We don't need a SS. We have a decent starting FS but Anthony Smith, a rookie last year should eventually take over the spot. I think one of our biggest draft needs besides LB is the OL. our 11 year starting C retired and the right side of our line last year was a little weak with Simmons and Starks. As far as the rest of the offense I wouldn't argue with a RB to compliment Willie.

mikehop05
02-02-2007, 06:15 PM
The boy from SHIPPENSBURG

yes sir!

Man_Of_Steel
02-02-2007, 06:28 PM
Im all for drafting a center. I just havent seen Okobi enough to know if he can be effective for a whole season.

NFLBOY
02-02-2007, 07:10 PM

He's had 2 ACL repairs in 4 years and Najeh is a much better 3rd down back. He's a better blocker, slightly faster, and he's bigger. Big deal abot the ACL repairs. Najeh is not a better third down back than Haynes. You better watch a little more Steelers football and stop smoking the crack. Davenport was used in relief to Parker. At least Haynes can break a tackle, Davenport should have done better and didn't. Maybe it was because he didn't get the chance or know the playbook ti later in the season. I like both those guys and would love to see them back, but with the use of Davenport more. I think we will need him when Parker struggles against the faster defenses. I also think Haynes is the guy we need to stick with on third downs. He can run well and he is a very good blocker.

Man_Of_Steel
02-02-2007, 07:46 PM
True.

Mr. stiller what were u thinking when u said Najeh was a better blocker than Haynes. The truth could not be more opposite. Haynes is a hundred times a better blocker than Davenport.

steel man
02-02-2007, 11:48 PM
did you guys look at the teams we play in this coming year, we play Arz. we only play Arz. once every 6-12 years and it happens to be the year Whis takes over. just thought i would bring it up.

mikehop05
02-03-2007, 01:49 AM
True.

Mr. stiller what were u thinking when u said Najeh was a better blocker than Haynes. The truth could not be more opposite. Haynes is a hundred times a better blocker than Davenport.

yeah i mean they are kinda equal, tho i would give the edge to haynes

mikehop05
02-03-2007, 01:50 AM
did you guys look at the teams we play in this coming year, we play Arz. we only play Arz. once every 6-12 years and it happens to be the year Whis takes over. just thought i would bring it up.

thatll be a hell ofa story line if they beat us... IF!!!

Smooth Criminal
02-03-2007, 07:43 AM

Actually we play Arizona every 4 years.

The NFL schedule is a system each year you play all 6 of you division games, one division from the AFC, One division from the NFC, and the teams that finished in the same place you did from the divisions in your conference you don't play. The divisions you play from each conference rotate every year.

Under that system, you play NFC teams every 4 years. The AFC teams you play every 3 years and usually more with the extra two games from your placing.

In 2008 we will play
Our 6 division games
NFC East
AFC South
and whoever finishes at the same point with us in the AFC East and Wes in 2007.

mikehop05
02-03-2007, 11:12 AM

The NFL schedule is a system each year you play all 6 of you division games, one division from the AFC, One division from the NFC, and the teams that finished in the same place you did from the divisions in your conference you don't play. The divisions you play from each conference rotate every year.

Under that system, you play NFC teams every 4 years. The AFC teams you play every 3 years and usually more with the extra two games from your placing.

In 2008 we will play
Our 6 division games
NFC East
AFC South

i thought it was every 8 years because we play each team from one of the nfc's divisons home and away

Man_Of_Steel
02-03-2007, 11:38 AM
I think our schedules alot tougher than most people give credit. I think our divisionis the toughest in the AFC ande then we play NE & NYJ, both made the playoffs. Also Buffalo and Miami have great potential to be sleeper teams. In the NFC we get our superbowl counterpart the Seahawks and who know bout the Cards. Then we have Jacksonville.

Really i think our schedule is alot tougher than alot of people think.

mikehop05
02-03-2007, 12:11 PM
I think our schedules alot tougher than most people give credit. I think our divisionis the toughest in the AFC ande then we play NE & NYJ, both made the playoffs. Also Buffalo and Miami have great potential to be sleeper teams. In the NFC we get our superbowl counterpart the Seahawks and who know bout the Cards. Then we have Jacksonville.

Really i think our schedule is alot tougher than alot of people think.

yeah thats true, like u said our divison alone is one of the toughest in the nfl

we should roll over the nfc though, and buff. miami, and the jets

Man_Of_Steel
02-03-2007, 01:00 PM
Throw Denver in there as well

Man_Of_Steel
02-03-2007, 01:05 PM
I'd just like to give props to kordell Stewart for his work on Pros vs Joes. Well done Kordell, loved the on field sleep.

mikehop05
02-03-2007, 01:15 PM
I'd just like to give props to kordell Stewart for his work on Pros vs Joes. Well done Kordell, loved the on field sleep.

damn i missed, it whens it on?

Man_Of_Steel
02-03-2007, 01:41 PM
Every thursday at 10 on Spike. Next week one of the pros is Roy Jones Jr.

mikehop05
02-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Every thursday at 10 on Spike. Next week one of the pros is Roy Jones Jr.

id **** myself if i was on that show and hada box him

Smooth Criminal
02-03-2007, 02:43 PM

In 2008 we will play
Our 6 division games
NFC East
AFC South

i thought it was every 8 years because we play each team from one of the nfc's divisons home and away

We play @ Arizona every 8 years but we play Arizona every 4 years.

Man_Of_Steel
02-03-2007, 02:44 PM
Its gonna be pretty sick.
You should have seen last week, Kordell, Tim Hardaway, Claude Lemieux.
Kordell looked really good and after avoiding a sack for like 15 seconds and hitting his targets he did celebrations. Most notablehis sleeping routine and Ray Lewis type dance.

Hines
02-04-2007, 11:50 AM
how bout this mock draft

round 1: patrick willis
round 2: tenard jackson/chris houston/lamar woodley/ quentin moses
round 3: paul williams/steve smith

tahts all the the first day and iwoudl liek this draft

mikehop05
02-04-2007, 01:29 PM
how bout this mock draft

round 1: patrick willis
round 2: tenard jackson/chris houston/lamar woodley/ quentin moses
round 3: paul williams/steve smith

tahts all the the first day and iwoudl liek this draft

i wouldnt mind the willis/moses combo

if we wanna get a reciever thats not a first tier guy then we should wait untill the 2nd day sometime and take a shot...

Hines
02-04-2007, 04:08 PM
i would also liek to get that goff guy from vandy next year
and quentin groves too

but did anyone see taht hines ward piece on the pregame show
that was really touchin if u ask me

mikehop05
02-04-2007, 09:33 PM
i would also liek to get that goff guy from vandy next year
and quentin groves too

but did anyone see taht hines ward piece on the pregame show
that was really touchin if u ask me

yeah it was good, they did a similar piece a few other times on outside the lines on espn... also on sports illustrated

Man_Of_Steel
02-05-2007, 02:10 PM
Ya, they also had a journal up on steelers.com when he went.

Im all for Moses in the second. Though I would hate for us to pick Woodley.

mikehop05
02-05-2007, 03:44 PM
Ya, they also had a journal up on steelers.com when he went.

Im all for Moses in the second. Though I would hate for us to pick Woodley.

i dont think either would be back picks to be honest, id be happy with both

neko4
02-05-2007, 04:29 PM

i agree, although i would much rather have moses before woodley, but both would be swell picks.

mikehop05
02-05-2007, 05:10 PM

i agree, although i would much rather have moses before woodley, but both would be swell picks.

yeah same, moses falling to the 2nd round 6 months ago was insane talk, now it seems pretty darn possible

GDawg239
02-05-2007, 08:37 PM
In the third do you think the steelers will go after Robert Meachem in the third round, he was suppose to be a top 15 pick, before i think he would be great value if we got him in the third round or Paul Williams

I think a de/lb in the first would be good, and then a Center for the second
and then a cb or wr in the third

mikehop05
02-05-2007, 08:56 PM
In the third do you think the steelers will go after Robert Meachem in the third round, he was suppose to be a top 15 pick, before i think he would be great value if we got him in the third round or Paul Williams

I think a de/lb in the first would be good, and then a Center for the second
and then a cb or wr in the third

yeah itd be great if meachem fell to us in the 3rd but that wont happen
we need a de/(o)lb in rounds 1 or 2 or both

no center though, we have okobi who will take over and phillips to back him up

skarocksoi
02-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Theres no way Meachem makes it past the second round, and with his speed, maybe even the first. It seems to me that we already have a young receiver who is a speedy deep-threat (Holmes) and should be looking more for a guy who is very physical with sure hands that can go over the middle and make the catch so he can replace Ward when he retires. I would personally like Bowe, as he seems to fit the bill there, but really anyone with that style of play will do. I think a tall endzone target might be a good pickup too.

Mr. Stiller
02-06-2007, 03:32 AM
Theres no way Meachem makes it past the second round, and with his speed, maybe even the first. It seems to me that we already have a young receiver who is a speedy deep-threat (Holmes) and should be looking more for a guy who is very physical with sure hands that can go over the middle and make the catch so he can replace Ward when he retires. I would personally like Bowe, as he seems to fit the bill there, but really anyone with that style of play will do. I think a tall endzone target might be a good pickup too.

I like Bowe but he has a mad case of the dropsies. I'm all for a physical reciever, but I don't really care if he's 6'0 or 6'5.

New mock coming soon ;)

Mr. Stiller
02-06-2007, 04:06 AM
Offseason:

Sign Patrick Ramsey, UFA, NYJ
Sign Anthony Thomas, UFA, Buffalo
Sign Daniel Graham, UFA, New England.
Re-Sign Tyrone Carter, UFA, Pitt
Re-sign Sean Morey, UFA, Pitt
Re-Sign Nate Washington, ERFA, Pitt
Cut Jerame Tuman
Don't Resign Najeh Davenport
Tender Max Starks for a 3rd

Draft:

Trade down from #15(with a 4th) for NYJ 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. They trade up for Marshawn Lynch.
Then taking our 2 acquired 3rds, trade up with Jacksonville for their 2nd.

#25) Charles Johnson, DE/OLB, Georgia

At 6'2 275lbs he's a solid pass rusher. He Gives us the ability to play 4-3 or 3-4 with consistancy and can learn behind one of the best 3-4 LB's in the biz, Joey Porter. Brett Keisel, Casey Hampton, Aaron Smith, then you have this guy breathing down your neck. Pittsburghs own version of Shawne Merriman. Gives us a beastly pass rusher at OLB in 3-4 looks and at DE in 4-3 looks. Works his way into Haggans spot rookie season and plays DE in the 4-3.

David Harris is my #1 MLB in this draft. I was very skeptical but he's proven that he's a solid player and can manage the 4-3 MLB well. In doing that I also think he'll make a dominant MLB in the 3-4 as well. Learns behind Farrior for a season and then takes the reigns as the QB of the defense. Teams up with Charles Johnson to give us a Youthful LB core and a future possible Steel Curtain?

2b) Jon Beason, OLB, Miami

I think in our 3-4 Scheme Beason could play MLB, in 4-3 he would be our speed demon WLB. I really think this kid has potential to be a monster. Pushes Foote for the LILB Spot and takes WLB in the 4-3 from Foote or Harrison.

2c) Arron Sears, OT, Tennessee

Solid Pass and run blocker. Provides depth at every position but Center. Battles Willie Colon for RT, could eventually be a Solid LT. Or LG.

3) Manuel Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech

A mammoth of a man. Benched 550 to set a Texas Tech record. He was a brick wall. Not the most athletic, but I don't think Jamal Williams or Haloti Ngata will be able to toss him around as easily as they did with Simmons.

4 Comp) Daniel Bazuin, DE, Central Michigan

Gives us another young Pass Rusher. Why another you may ask? Bazuin gives us a few things. One, a young Pass rusher. Two, He's athletic enough to play OLB. Three, a Blue collar attitude and a never quit Motor. Four, a 4-3 DE who reminds me of Aaron Schobel. Not the greatest at Speed or Power, but still manages to find the quarterback. With him, he'll play backup DE in the 4-3, but once Smiths' contract is up.. We'll have Bazuin and Johnson as bookends, Keisel has the size and penetration ability to be a successful UT. With Casey Hampton finishing the touch at NT.

4 Comp) Ryan Smith, CB, Florida

Should've Stayed his senior season, but all the better steal for us. I like Wade here as well, but Smith has much more potential. He's shown up in big games all this season. 54 Tackles, 8 for loss, and had 8 picks... 2 against Bama, 2 against Jamarcus Russell (LSU), 1 against Georgia, 1 against Vanderbilt, 1 against Arkansas, and 1 against Florida state. Also blocked 2 kicks(KY and Vandy) This kid has a sky-high ceiling but is very raw and very small. He's 5'11 and 160 lbs. He has good speed, takes good angles and can develop into a ball hawk.. another Special teamer and could develop further than Ike Taylor has.

5) Daniel Sepulveda, P, Baylor

I'm normally one against drafting a punter, but frankly, we need it. Teams that have the best Kickers have a lot going for them. When you look at it.. It's alot easier for your defense when you drop alot of punts in the 20 or can manage some very long kicks. Jason Baker of Carolina had 31 in the 20, Brian Moorman of Buffalo had 33, rookie Sam Koch had 30.. You get a young talented defense and you put them with atleast 80+ yards to defend, it makes it alot easier than defending the 50-60 yards we've been dealing with the last 2 seasons. I think Gardocki was a great punter.. but 17 years is way too long.. He ranked 30 in the NFL on Game average. of 65 punts, his net average was 36.7 yards, and had only a long of 56.. the worst in the NFL.. the closest were Scott Player with 58 but he also plays for Zona... Even old 12 year pro Matt Turk boomed a 74 yarder. Sepulveda has great accuracy with his punts and can give our defense a little well appreciated breathing room.

6) Paul Soliai, NT, Utah
I think Soliai would give us a heavy set DT duo if they decide to use the DT method that Tomlin used in Minnesota. He had 2 of the biggest DT's in football.. Pat and Kevin Williams. Soliai Provides NT Depth in the 3-4, possibly if athletic enough a 3-4 DE that can stuff the run, and in a 4-3 could play along Hampton or Give him a breather.

7) Nate Ilaoa, RB/FB, Hawaii

I love Nate. He's a great kid. He reminds me of Jerome and Fu. He's 5'9, 248 lbs. He's not fast, but he's probably as fast as Tony Hunt. I think he's harder to tackle than hunt. He could end up playing FB or RB for us. Gives us another RB option. He was misused in the Hawaii Run'n'Gun. He's got good hands, deals out punishment, is tough to bring down, and he's samoan.

Guys if they make to UDFA I'd Pick Up:

QB Justin Ruscati ~ James Madison
QB Sam Hollenbach ~ Maryland
QB Drew Tate ~ Iowa

RB Paul Mosley ~ Baylor ... Our Brandon Jacobs Perhaps?
RB Curtis Brown ~ Brigham Young

FB Brad Lau ~ Boise State .. Showed potential in the East/West game. I really think he could give us a dual-threat FB.

TE Brent Celek ~ Cincinnatti. Tomlin picks up a kid from his coaching alma mater.

WR Chad Schroeder ~ Texas A&M ... Could be a kick returning threat. sub 4.42 speed and very shifty. Could end up playing some slot.
WR Scott Mayle ~ Ohio University ... Read above.
WR Patrick Bugg ~ Eastern Kentucky ... 6'5, 215lbs. Solid Reciever. Good target, solid speed, I could see him having a Tim Dwight like Career.

OC Mark Bihl ~ Michigan ... 6'4 305lbs Good blocker, has potential. I could see him starting somewhere.
OG Brian Daniels ~ Colorado ... 6'4 300lbs .. Very athletic for his size, strong country boy. Could be a UDFA lineman surprise.

DE Marquies Gunn ~ Auburn 6'4 265 lbs. Could play 4-3 DE, 3-4 DE/OLB Could play DE in spot work but be a Special Teams nightmare.
DE Darius Sanders ~ Oregon 6'5 270 lbs. Definitely athletic enough to play OLB. Very underrated. Could end up winning a starting position down the line.
DE Justin Rogers ~ Southern Methodist 6'4 260 lbs. Another guy I could see playing like Aaron Schobel.. Quiet, but very productive.

DT Joe Anoai ~ Georgia Tech If this kid makes it to UDFA I'd cry if we didn't sign him. He has tons of potential.. Got snubbed for the combine, but he should definitely get signed by us. He'd be a perfect building block for the 4-3.

LB Brian Smith ~ Missouri (DE) I Think this kid is going to be a monster when he returns from his hip injury. Big enough to play DE in the 3-4 but athletic enough to play OLB. Very very solid Pass rusher. Could even be a Non-Overrated Cato June in the Tampa 2 when it gets implemented.
LB Taurean Charles ~ Bethune-Cookman Dismissed from Florida for Fighting, but he's been solid since leaving. Was considered the best Pass rusher of the entire 2002 signing class. Could take a UDFA Flyer on this guy. His fight was protecting team-members DeShawn Wynn and Anthony Guerrero. Has the size/Intangibles. And he's Fiery.. 6'2 240 lbs.
LB Matt Muncy ~ Ohio University Nothing fancy, but he's a sure tackler, and disengages from blocks well. 6'2 240lbs, has the size, and the intensity. Has a nose for the ball.

CB Marcus Hamilton ~ Virginia Former quarterback. Very fast, and has good hands.. Needs to work on tackling, something I'm sure Tomlin could fix.
CB Ramzee Robinson ~ Alabama I see DeShea Townsend in this kid, don't know why he didn't get an invite though..
CB John Talley ~ Duke One of the best corners on one of the worst teams in the nation... I think he could be or could have been a solid #1.. maybe not probowl but very solid.

neko4
02-06-2007, 10:19 AM
I like Bowe but he has a mad case of the dropsies.

he got lasik surgery done on his eyes and supposedly that was his problem. as on of my friends say now,(who is big on bowe) he has hands like rice, which really no one does, but rumor has it, it has fixed the dropsies problem

mikehop05
02-06-2007, 10:35 AM
whats everyone think of scotts picks for us?

they are better than last time imo

neko4
02-06-2007, 10:44 AM
whats everyone think of scotts picks for us?

they are better than last time imo

def better picks. i can handle that, i just hated even the idea of picking up a guard in the first round, don't like doing that. but moss is a real good pick, i like it. do you think scott scowers these forums for ideas??

Mr. Stiller
02-06-2007, 10:49 AM
I like Bowe but he has a mad case of the dropsies.

he got lasik surgery done on his eyes and supposedly that was his problem. as on of my friends say now,(who is big on bowe) he has hands like rice, which really no one does, but rumor has it, it has fixed the dropsies problem

That was before this previous season where he stilled dropped 19 passes.

He still has the dropsies.

DeathbyStat
02-06-2007, 12:34 PM
I really like Scott's pick of Jarvis Moss for us in the first but I think we can trade down get the same result...I don't really like Blalock or taking a lineman first day but if we do with that.....

1Jarvis Moss

2.Justin Blaylock

3.Paul Williams

this would be a good first three rounds.

Mr. Stiller
02-06-2007, 12:52 PM
I really like Scott's pick of Jarvis Moss for us in the first but I think we can trade down get the same result...I don't really like Blalock or taking a lineman first day but if we do with that.....

1Jarvis Moss

2.Justin Blaylock

3.Paul Williams

I'd rather have Arron Sears than Blalock. and I think Paul Williams could be had in the 4th.

mikehop05
02-06-2007, 01:30 PM

1Jarvis Moss

2.Justin Blaylock

3.Paul Williams

I'd rather have Arron Sears than Blalock. and I think Paul Williams could be had in the 4th.

id rather take another defensive players in the 2nd then addresse oline in the later part of the draft

DeathbyStat
02-06-2007, 01:52 PM

1Jarvis Moss

2.Justin Blaylock

3.Paul Williams

Can Paul Williams be had in the 4th? I'm not sure.

Man_Of_Steel
02-06-2007, 02:45 PM
I decided to put a list together of some players this board has mentioned and were real high on. Whats the deal now.

John Beck
Desmond Bishop
Paul Williams
Anthony Waters
Tony Hunt
Dwayne Jarrett
Dwayne Bowe
Joe Staley

neko4
02-06-2007, 02:55 PM
John Beck
Desmond Bishop
Paul Williams
Anthony Waters
Tony Hunt
Dwayne Jarrett
Dwayne Bowe
Joe Staley

Beck- don't know much about him

Bishop- still would love to get him like his style but like stiller said Harris showed some good stuff at the senior bowl

Williams- i still like him would love to pick him up sometime in the 3rd

Waters- don't know much about him either

Hunt- still a bruiser and depending on what we pick up early on and whats kinda picks we have i would love to pick him up still

Jarrett- is not going to be better than
Bowe- i want him over Jarrett, but that would mean getting a WR in the first and i am not to found of that

Staley- after i heard that he had such a bad senior bowl and got beat so consistently by the senior DE's then i don't know about him because 90% of all the NFL DE's are going to be better than those guys, but if we think he can be coached up i think it would be a good pick up

skarocksoi
02-06-2007, 03:43 PM
I decided to put a list together of some players this board has mentioned and were real high on. Whats the deal now.

John Beck 5th-7th
Desmond Bishop 3rd-4th
Paul Williams2nd - 4th
Anthony Waters 4th-5th
Tony Hunt 2nd-3rd
Dwayne Jarrett late 1st - 2nd
Dwayne Bowe late 1st - 2nd
Joe Staley late 1st - 2nd
David Harris 2nd-3rd
Jarvis Moss 1st-2nd

Actually I think it would be a great idea to start up a list of players that we would like to see and what rounds they might go in. It would be a good way to see wo might be available in whatever rounds. My prospective rounds for this list is up here, plus some extras.

Also, I heard a rumor from a friend that the Steelers were looking at Paul Posluszny. I have no idea where that came from or how accurate it is, so take it what its for.

Man_Of_Steel
02-06-2007, 04:06 PM
I would actually love for us to get Poz. In saying that im now probably the outsider.

neko4
02-06-2007, 04:11 PM
i've just got to trust you northerners when it comes to Poz. never seen him play. what position would he play if we did pick him up?? i know he switched positions this past year i think from inside to out. which one is he more comfortable in?? better??

mikehop05
02-06-2007, 04:17 PM
i've just got to trust you northerners when it comes to Poz. never seen him play. what position would he play if we did pick him up?? i know he switched positions this past year i think from inside to out. which one is he more comfortable in?? better??

in the 3-4 he would be a good fit for the inside linebacker position

but that would be bad value if we grabbed him with our current selection in the first

neko4
02-06-2007, 04:22 PM

but that would be bad value if we grabbed him with our current selection in the first

yea i figured us picking him up at 15 would be no good, i don't think he will be there but does anyone think there is a chance he is there at our 2nd pick. this is saying we don't have any trades, sorry to say it. haha

Man_Of_Steel
02-06-2007, 04:24 PM
I have to disagree. I think hes a great fit for outside linebacker. Hes great in coverage and playing the outside would give him more options. In the middle the steelers always need top notch run stuffers. Though he is definatley physical enough for inside i like him at his natural postion of olb.

Man_Of_Steel
02-06-2007, 04:28 PM
As much as i like him he is a big reach at 15. Without trades there is no way we get him in the second. I really cant see him slipping out of round one.
As mike wilbon and tony kornheisr would say the percentage of him getting selected outside of the first round in my opinion is 2%.

skarocksoi
02-06-2007, 04:33 PM
He's more suited to play ILB in the 3-4 because his main responsibility would be stopping the run. I don't think he's the best pass rusher and is decent in coverage, although he's gotten much better in that last repect. In a 4-3 he is much better as an OLB than an ILB. Either way hes a smart and instinctive player who has a perfect Steelers mentality. I don't know how well of a fit he would be on this team.

neko4
02-06-2007, 04:34 PM
aight guys start the debate whether it is inside or outside, if i may, his measurables suggest inside. doesn't look fast enough to cover the slot and your antonio gates and what not, given The Samoan Freak is always detailed to guys like gates.

As much as i like him he is a big reach at 15. Without trades there is no way we get him in the second. I really cant see him slipping out of round one.
As mike wilbon and tony kornheisr would say the percentage of him getting selected outside of the first round in my opinion is 2%.

i like our chances then.

Man_Of_Steel
02-06-2007, 06:19 PM
haha.

You guys make good points and the fact is that he can play both positions at a very high level. Skarocksoi, i dont understand why you said he wouldnt be a good fit, i happen to believe he would be a great player in a Steelers uniform.

Man_Of_Steel
02-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Browns desperate to draft Peterson
According to John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, someone "well-connected" with the Browns has convinced him that they want Adrian Peterson desperately.

We are still a long way from the draft and this could be a smokescreen, but the top of the draft is starting to take shape. The Raiders are rumored to want JaMarcus Russell, the Lions - Joe Thomas and now the Browns - Peterson.

Very interesting, with Quinn slipping down that far to the Bucs and possibly further alot of talent will slide also, Gaines Adams might have a good chance to get into the dub digets and then id be all for a slight trade up. If not Gaines Adams then the talent shift would still be preety great.

skarocksoi
02-06-2007, 07:38 PM
haha.

You guys make good points and the fact is that he can play both positions at a very high level. Skarocksoi, i dont understand why you said he wouldnt be a good fit, i happen to believe he would be a great player in a Steelers uniform.

I didn't say he wouldn't, I just don't know if he will. Don't get me wrong here, I have the utmost respect for Paul as a football player and person, and I think he will have a good career in the NFL. He might not have the physical tools that others do, but he has the instincts and intelligence that make good players great. I just don't know if he would fit in in a technical aspect. Paul is a Steelers guy through and through, and honestly, if this were the 70's, he'd be here right alongside Ham and Lambert. Now, we run a 3-4, which requires a lot of athleticism that I am not sure if he has.

In all reality, I've probably just been reading too much on this crap on these boards that disses Paul. He's one of two football players that I really respect, with the other one being Polamalu. He's training in Arizona with that one place that's supposed to be really good, and I hope he comes into the combine and just blows the scouts away.

mikehop05
02-06-2007, 08:26 PM

yea i figured us picking him up at 15 would be no good, i don't think he will be there but does anyone think there is a chance he is there at our 2nd pick. this is saying we don't have any trades, sorry to say it. haha

no chance hes there with our 15th pick in round 2

mikehop05
02-06-2007, 08:30 PM
yeah hes much better suited for the inside spot ina 3 - 4, because in the 3 - 4 the olb's have to be able to rush the qb... something that isnt pauls specialty...

now if this was a 4 - 3 i would say he could play either mike or will... maybe sam, though i think he'd be a waste in the tradition sam role

TerribleEd
02-06-2007, 10:09 PM
What do you guys think of the Steelers picks in Scott's new mock draft?

Jarvis Moss, Rd 1
Justin Blalock, Rd 2

I don't think anyone can argue with Blalock in the second.

As far as Jarvis Moss goes, I have to admit that I don't know too much about him. Florida players make me nervous in general, even though I realize its only the WR's who are historically the busts.

If we want to go DE at #15, I think I'd prefer Adam Carriker. I know these guys are much different prospects, but I like Carriker for the role he could play in either a 3-4 or 4-3 (and we will be seeing at least some 4-3 in the not-too-far-off future)

I also still think Patrick Willis would be a "can't miss" in the first and really fits nicely with Steeler defensive needs. The guy is versatile and could play inside or outside whether we are playing a 3-4 or 4-3. Do you not think he could play outside in a 3-4, as just one possibility?

Mr. Stiller
02-06-2007, 10:17 PM

Jarvis Moss, Rd 1
Justin Blalock, Rd 2

As far as Jarvis Moss goes, I have to admit that I don't know too much about him. Florida players make me nervous in general, even though I realize its only the WR's who are historically the busts.

If we want to go DE at #15, I think I'd prefer Adam Carriker. I know these guys are much different prospects, but I like Carriker for the role he could play in either a 3-4 or 4-3 (and we will be seeing at least some 4-3 in the not-too-far-off future)

I also still think Patrick Willis would be a "can't miss" in the first and really fits nicely with Steeler defensive needs. The guy is versatile and could play inside or outside whether we are playing a 3-4 or 4-3. Do you not think he could play outside in a 3-4, as just one possibility?

I'll argue with Blalock. I think he's overwieght and too finesse and wouldn't be able to beat out Simmons.. plus David Harris is a much better pick.

Depending on Moss' #'s I wouldn't mind him for the 3-4 OLB to 43 DE when we go cover 2.

I'll do a full write up on prospects I like per round tomorrow or thursday... Be excited.

mikehop05
02-06-2007, 10:54 PM

Jarvis Moss, Rd 1
Justin Blalock, Rd 2

I'll argue with Blalock. I think he's overwieght and too finesse and wouldn't be able to beat out Simmons.. plus David Harris is a much better pick.

Depending on Moss' #'s I wouldn't mind him for the 3-4 OLB to 43 DE when we go cover 2.

I'll do a full write up on prospects I like per round tomorrow or thursday... Be excited.

bah, itd be better if it were the propects I liked!

but yeah i agree about blalock, never was a fan of him and i feel that we need to go all defense in the first 2 rounds, unless something miraculous happens and a player like bowe falls to us in the 2nd...

3rd round is the value pick... id like to grab another defensive guy, but i wouldnt agure with taking a center/guard guy (one who can play both)

Mr. Stiller
02-07-2007, 12:53 AM
No one commented on my latest mock.. that ***** took forever... :cry: :cry:

neko4
02-07-2007, 01:39 AM
No one commented on my latest mock.. that *********** took forever... :cry: :cry:

great last mock. loved it. good on all aspects of addressing what we need. yea sounds good to me. :lol: :lol:

GDawg239
02-07-2007, 01:47 AM
I think the first 2 rounds should be all about the D mostly the lb part of the D i like Moss in the first, in the second this could be a reach if he drops is Beason from the U if not an we pick an offensive player then in the third we should take Anthony Waters in the 3rd he is pretty big and not that slow he could fall to the third becuase of his injury and i think he would be a great steal

skarocksoi
02-07-2007, 08:51 AM
Something interesting of note, if you look at Scotts Blog, he mentions that Brian Smith didn't get an invite to the combine. This could result in a serious drop from where he might have gone. I think he could be picked up in the 4th or even 5th now that the scouts wont really get a good look at him. Could be a late round steal for us if we take the chance.

mikehop05
02-07-2007, 10:07 AM
Something interesting of note, if you look at Scotts Blog, he mentions that Brian Smith didn't get an invite to the combine. This could result in a serious drop from where he might have gone. I think he could be picked up in the 4th or even 5th now that the scouts wont really get a good look at him. Could be a late round steal for us if we take the chance.

yeah, will he be able to work out in their pro day though?

mikehop05
02-07-2007, 10:20 AM
No one commented on my latest mock.. that *********** took forever... :cry: :cry:

i didnt really like it to be honest, i dont like charles johnson in the first yet, without seeing his combine #'s

i like david harris in the 2nd but, i dont like sears as we need a guard/center prospect not a tackle/guard

also jon beason right now looks like a 4 - 3 WLB, MAYBE 3 - 4 ILB, though doubtful... hes not a good fit for us

manuel ramirez in the 3rd would be a good pick for us

i like banzuin in his spot, and maybe smith, it depends on his combine

im a huge podlesh fan over sepu, but thats a biased thing

dont know much about paul saloi, sounds like a solid pick

and i love nate too, though i dont think he lasts this far

and i agree with most of your postseason moves escept signing pat ramsey and anthony thomas

Man_Of_Steel
02-07-2007, 03:06 PM
Mr. Stiller wrote:
No one commented on my latest mock.. that *********** took forever...

It strikes me as odd that less than a week ago you were lecturing about how good Davenport is and now you cut him?

Honestly man i really didnt like that mock draft at all. Actually I hated it with passion. Your writeups were good but the selections were horrid. Some of the worst ive seen. Im not a fan of Charles Johnson although its a decent pick, if we were going the LB route id much rather have Willis. My real problem comes in the second where you took both Harris and Beason. I really could not be more disgusted with those picks. Id rather draft a corner like Ross as one of our seconds, snag Waters in the forth. Aside from that if we do go the linebacker route in the second i still wouldnt make those picks. Id rather have H.B Blades and i know you dont like him because you think hes too slow but you are wrong. I remember in my first mock some time ago i had 3 LBs in the first four rounds,(Willis, Blades, Waters) and you ripped me for it. Youve taken LBs with the first three picks. (Johnson, Harris, Beason). Now i ask you which group would you rather have.

Picks in rounds 4-6 are also less than steller when looking at other players potentially availible. You took, Daniel Bazuin, Ryan Smith, Daniel Sepulveda, Paul Soliai.

Overall i really hated this mock. I dont know why i was so angry but i just found it to be horrid. Our first corner in the 4th bugs me as in your mock we had 3 second rounders. Also, not a single wr. THis has inspired me to make my own mock.

Horrible, darn horrible.

neko4
02-07-2007, 03:38 PM
Mr. Stiller wrote:
No one commented on my latest mock.. that *********** took forever...

It strikes me as odd that less than a week ago you were lecturing about how good Davenport is and now you cut him?

Honestly man i really didnt like that mock draft at all. Actually I hated it with passion. Your writeups were good but the selections were horrid. Some of the worst ive seen. Im not a fan of Charles Johnson although its a decent pick, if we were going the LB route id much rather have Willis. My real problem comes in the second where you took both Harris and Beason. I really could not be more disgusted with those picks. Id rather draft a corner like Ross as one of our seconds, snag Waters in the forth. Aside from that if we do go the linebacker route in the second i still wouldnt make those picks. Id rather have H.B Blades and i know you dont like him because you think hes too slow but you are wrong. I remember in my first mock some time ago i had 3 LBs in the first four rounds,(Willis, Blades, Waters) and you ripped me for it. Youve taken LBs with the first three picks. (Johnson, Harris, Beason). Now i ask you which group would you rather have.

Picks in rounds 4-6 are also less than steller when looking at other players potentially availible. You took, Daniel Bazuin, Ryan Smith, Daniel Sepulveda, Paul Soliai.

Overall i really hated this mock. I dont know why i was so angry but i just found it to be horrid. Our first corner in the 4th bugs me as in your mock we had 3 second rounders. Also, not a single wr. THis has inspired me to make my own mock.

Horrible, darn horrible.

damn!! :| that bad huh??

i like the Harris pick. i do agree with you that Ross would be awesome to pick up with our first 2nd. don't so much like the johnson pick only because i like scott's pick and think moss would be better than johnson at rushing the passer and at dropping back in coverage. and i don't really have an opinion on a punter as long as whoever we pick up can punt the ball further than 30 yards.

and my last statement.......NASTI NATE ILAOA needs to be in every mock draft of the steelers. we need him to be on our team.

Mr. Stiller
02-07-2007, 07:02 PM

i didnt really like it to be honest, i dont like charles johnson in the first yet, without seeing his combine #'s

i like david harris in the 2nd but, i dont like sears as we need a guard/center prospect not a tackle/guard

also jon beason right now looks like a 4 - 3 WLB, MAYBE 3 - 4 ILB, though doubtful... hes not a good fit for us

manuel ramirez in the 3rd would be a good pick for us

i like banzuin in his spot, and maybe smith, it depends on his combine

im a huge podlesh fan over sepu, but thats a biased thing

dont know much about paul saloi, sounds like a solid pick

and i love nate too, though i dont think he lasts this far

and i agree with most of your postseason moves escept signing pat ramsey and anthony thomas

First off, this mock is on the predication that even if not this coming season we'll ultimately build towards a 4-3/Cover 2. Now some of the picks may not look good for a 3-4, like Beason.

If you want Moss put him there, He's a fine pick by me in the first round. I like Johnson as a DE thats small stout, but a pass rushing terror. He's not a MLB. He's a OLB/DE. If you guys really read my reasoning you'd understand I was trying to make the best possible picks on the premises that a 4-3 is coming. I don't want us to switch over and not have the personel, that killed Houston in the 3-4... along with San Fran. But Building with guys that will be ok in the 3-4 and exceptional in the 4-3 is imperitive if thats the route Mike Tomlin is going.

I did this on the presumption we're going to get guys that can play in the 3-4 but will impact a Tampa2 more. Beason will get time on the field in ST and some Coverage downs. He's also one of the best Tampa2 OLB's in the draft. If not the best. So if we're going to switch over down the line, having him now is perfect. He'll get some experience then take over after the transition.

Beason gives us speed in the LB group on obvious passing downs. Speed we don't have. I understand why you guys don't like him. But Down the road he could have a better impact in the 4-3 than Porter had in the 3-4.

As for Sears, I think the depth at OG/OT is more important than Center right now. Obviously if they didn't think Okobi/Phillip were going to be prepared then they would have taken someone.

I love Brian Smith, But I think he's going to fall further. Bazuin has too much production to pass up at that point considering it's our weak spot.

I like Podlesh better as well, but I think Sepulveda will be the superior kicker in the pro's.

Paul Soliai was a staple in the 4-3 Utah ran. He's a solid run stuffer. Along with Hampton would give us 2 guys that just create a brick wall of a defense.

Horrible, darn horrible.

LB? Willis is slow, and easily blocked, he's also the guy getting run over by Brian Leonard twice. I think David Harris is twice the MLB that Willis is. I think Harris Also allows us to use him at Buck in the 3-4 and Mike in the 4-3. He's a versatile and very talented MLB. I'm sorry you don't like Harris, I don't like Willis.

I see your mad at my LB picks. You do realize that you drafted in your mock 3 MLBs? Thats why I bashed you. I like Waters and I'm not a fan of Blades or WIllis, but they ALL PLAY MIDDLE LINEBACKER.

I drafted 2 Oustide Linebackers and an Interior linebacker. one of the Outside Linebackers will actually play DE in the 4-3 so technically I drafted 2 Linebackers. I'm not a fan of Ross either, with as talented as a team texas had, They shouldn't have been as bad as they were. Ross, Brown, Crowder, Griffin, those guys are day 1 picks and their defense wasn't exactly amazing.. I mean hell, KSU Beat them.. in a high scoring game.

Ryan Smith is a raw Corner, has blistering speed and once he gets the system in Pittsburgh I think he's going to be a steal.

You may think our issue is corner, but we've used numerous picks:

Ike Taylor (4th), Ricardo Colclough (2nd), Bryant McFadden (2nd), and we have DeShea, Chidi, Anthony Madison and Now Ryan Smith. Don't forget Tomlin is a secondary Guru, he's the coach that took former 4th rounder Dexter Jackson and coached him to a Superbowl MVP, Took 3rd round Corner Ronde Barber and helped him to pro-bowls and become a shut down corner, trained former 3rd round pick John Lynch.

I don't think Corner is necesarily a position of Need day 1. We already have 2 recent 2nd rounders. Lets see what Tomlin does with them before we decide we need a 3rd. I wouldn't mind a WR, But do I think one is imperitive? No, We won the superbowl with basically the same WR core we have now. We haven't even fully seen what Willie Reid a day 1 pick, and Nate Washington can really do. Holmes is going to be amazing, and Ced Wilson is a much Better #3/#4 than most teams have. Also, before we draft another WR, we need Ben to get more protection and Utilize the guys we have Better.

I love Najeh Davenport, but he'll cost more than Verron, and We already have Verron... Adding Nate Ilaoa and Anthony Thomas gives us 2 powerbacks.

Also, You guys should know, We're going to be running more 3/4 WR sets, and Arians Also said he doesn't need any more WR's because the talent is there. He actually says it's one of our strongest positions.

Maybe before you criticize, you should get a full understanding of Why I made the picks I did.

Lastly, I'm looking long term. You want me to invest in a bunch of 3-4 players when we're looking to move to a cover 2? Whats the point, then we can't use them when we transition and it was a wasted pick. That was the idea of this. Looking long term and building for the future.

mikehop05
02-07-2007, 07:20 PM
i understand you are thinking about the future and the 4 -3, though no where is it indicated that tomlin will switch to the 4 - 3, so i really think we have to draft for what we have now...

on a side note, i know stiller just mentioned something about it, but arians gave a good interview

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07038/759984-66.stm

about the new offense, it is a good conept , pretty much spreading out the D and running the ball

Man_Of_Steel
02-07-2007, 07:43 PM
Mr. Stiller

I have no idea where you came up with that piece of fiction about Willis you wrote "Willis is slow, and easily blocked, he's also the guy getting run over by Brian Leonard twice. I think David Harris is twice the MLB that Willis is. I think Harris Also allows us to use him at Buck in the 3-4 and Mike in the 4-3. He's a versatile and very talented MLB. I'm sorry you don't like Harris, I don't like Willis".

How is Willis slow, he ran a 4.60 which is tops for middle linebackers in this draft. Harris ran a 4.75. Also your boy Beason who according to you pees gold ran a 4.55 for an olb. Not quite the huge difference you ranted about, in fact no difference at all. Also, the Scott Wright wrote "Good speed and quickness with the range to go sideline to sideline". about Willis. So I suppose that when u say something as foolish as you did you should do research. Saying Willis dosent have speed is shananagins.

Also where do you get that he isnt a fit for the cover 2. A scout at the senior bowl said thats the system he'd be most productive in.

Also how can you say cb isnt a need. Taylor got benched, Colclough(2nd rounder as you love to bring up) has never produced and Townsend is getting up there. As for Madison and Chidi I dont know why you would bring them up, thier non factors except on sp teams. In the NFL you need two-three solid corners. McFadden, Townsend, Taylor. Dude I dont know what roster your looking at but corner is one of our weakest positions.

Props to Mikehop05 as he saved me alot more typing.

Man_Of_Steel
02-07-2007, 07:46 PM
You know what,
YOU NEED A ROLE MODEL!

Mr. Stiller
02-07-2007, 08:50 PM
Mr. Stiller

I have no idea where you came up with that piece of fiction about Willis you wrote "Willis is slow, and easily blocked, he's also the guy getting run over by Brian Leonard twice. I think David Harris is twice the MLB that Willis is. I think Harris Also allows us to use him at Buck in the 3-4 and Mike in the 4-3. He's a versatile and very talented MLB. I'm sorry you don't like Harris, I don't like Willis".

How is Willis slow, he ran a 4.60 which is tops for middle linebackers in this draft. Harris ran a 4.75. Also your boy Beason who according to you pees gold ran a 4.55 for an olb. Not quite the huge difference you ranted about, in fact no difference at all. Also, the Scott Wright wrote "Good speed and quickness with the range to go sideline to sideline". about Willis. So I suppose that when u say something as foolish as you did you should do research. Saying Willis dosent have speed is shananagins.

Also where do you get that he isnt a fit for the cover 2. A scout at the senior bowl said thats the system he'd be most productive in.

Also how can you say cb isnt a need. Taylor got benched, Colclough(2nd rounder as you love to bring up) has never produced and Townsend is getting up there. As for Madison and Chidi I dont know why you would bring them up, thier non factors except on sp teams. In the NFL you need two-three solid corners. McFadden, Townsend, Taylor. Dude I dont know what roster your looking at but corner is one of our weakest positions.

Props to Mikehop05 as he saved me alot more typing.

Did the Combine happen yet? When did Harris run this 4.75 and Willis a 4.6? Willis would be a good product of a cover 2, I stated That Harris is a good fit in a 4-3 or 3-4.

Tomlin has already claimed that Coaching is the reason the secondary undersucceeded, not talent. Taylor got a big contract for shutting down CJ, Rod Smith, Marvin Harrison... Obviously he has the talent. I don't think his benching was anymore than a scapegoat as the whole team played horribly. McFadden and Ike are Solid Corners... Tyrone Carter is usually our nickelback if you want to get touchy about it. Also, Adding Ryan Smith was better per depth in round 4 than taking another 2nd rounder. I don't like Ross, I'm sorry I'm not a big fan of everyone you like.

Scott Wright isn't perfect either. But since the Combine HASN'T happened, I'd take those #'s with a grain of salt. He'd even tell you those numbers are purely speculation at this point.

mikehop05
02-07-2007, 09:14 PM
yeah lets just hold off arguments on speed untill the combine...

on a pure talent basis, i like willis as a lb prospect... though the thing is in a 3 - 4 you dont really need that stud ILB ala brian urlacher / ray lewis / zach thomas / al wilson...

you need phsyical guys that can take on a blocker, usually a guard or fullback, and drop into coverage, having said that i think we get better value of harris in the 2nd then we do willis in the first for our needs...

Smooth Criminal
02-07-2007, 09:53 PM
All of the speeds Scoot has listed are wrong. He just guesses those until the combine or individual workouts happen.

mikehop05
02-07-2007, 10:28 PM
All of the speeds Scoot has listed are wrong. He just guesses those until the combine or individual workouts happen.

they are guesses / times they had run previously at one point or another but yeah they can't be quoted -- only used as a reference point

GDawg239
02-07-2007, 10:38 PM
I like Waters as a lb he is big and Physical, and can drop into coverage

steel man
02-07-2007, 11:12 PM
this is a ques. that i have been wanting to ask for awhile.
how many LBer's should we draft, because in my mock i had 3 being drafted with the chance of 4 being drafted? i was thinking about updateing my mock and was thinking about drafting 4 LBers, do you think that is 2 many even if we lose Chad Brown, Clark Haggans, Clint Kriewaldt(someone on here said we are losing him) , Rian Wallace will always be a back up, and so will the others, plus if we happen to lose Porter also then that will be anopther starting pos. open and then when Farriior retires that will be another pos. open, so what i am getting at is wedont only need backups or roster fillers but we are going to need starting caliber players at least 3 just incase Haggens and Porter are not resigned and Farrior retires soon, so i think we need at least 3 if not 4 incase one does not pan out or gets hurt. the reason i think we need to get them in this draft is because we will only have 1 year if Porter and/or Haggans leave and prob. 2-3 years for Farrior so they need time to learn.

i have us drafting:
Pat Willis
Desmond Bishop
Anthony Waters (i really like Waters, i think he is going to be a really great player)
Brian Smith (he was one of the 1st guys i wanted to draft awhile back)
i was just thinking with hime being hurt he may have got bigger and slower and would know be used for a DE and there is a lot better DE's in the draft.

skarocksoi
02-07-2007, 11:16 PM
No reason to get up in arms about anything guys, we all have different opinions. I agree with both of you in certain areas, and disagree in others.

I should probably do one of those fancy pants mocks you kids love with your pictures and whatnot, but I dont eally know about guys for the later rounds so its a little tough. But heres my points of view.

1)A 1st day corner isn't a big need. If someone unbelievable falls, I guess we could take them, but we shouldn't plan to take one.

Why? We have 3 young corners in Taylor, McFadden, and Colclough. Taylor just recieved a big contract and McFadden has played decently this year. That leaves Colclough who hasn't really gotten much of a chance. We also have Townsend who is decent but old. We need to let these guys have a year with Tomlin before bringing in new people to replace them, because I'm betting they show some good improvement

2)We need a guy that can play both 3-4 and 4-3.

Why? We need a guy to rush the passer, because that is an area we sorely lacked in this year. Tomlin has already stated we will be showing some hybrid looks, so a guy who can rush from a standing position and a 3 point position is a necessity.

3)We dont need to draft for a future Tampa-2.

Why? Tomlin hasn't said that we will be switching right now, and has stated no plans to do so in the near future. One might assume that he could do that in the future, but we all know what happens when you assume things. He didnt' even run the Tampa-2 with the Vikings while he was there, and from what he's said so far, I don't think he has any real desire to do so here.

Other than that, I think Willis, Harris, and Waters are all good linebackers, but I think the one I want is Desmond Bishop. He's my best value for the pick, followed by Harris then Waters. Again, these are just my opinions, so take them as you will.

GDawg239
02-07-2007, 11:17 PM
Three is 3 is too many, we should draft 2 this year and then 1 or 2 more again next year, keep porter as the veteran lb out of the group so 2 this year and 1 next year i think we could use some draft picks for the line both sides backups mostly and then a offensive player like Nate and a WR

steel man
02-07-2007, 11:37 PM
in the mock. i have for know is:

3-LBer's (Willis,Bishop,Waters)
2-RB's (Leonard, Ilaoa)
2-WR's (Meachem, Myles)
1-DE (Alama-Francis)
1-OG (Bennett)
1-C (Mozes)
1-QB (Beck)

i think i covered most of the pos.

Mr. Stiller
02-08-2007, 12:09 AM
this is a ques. that i have been wanting to ask for awhile.
how many LBer's should we draft, because in my mock i had 3 being drafted with the chance of 4 being drafted? i was thinking about updateing my mock and was thinking about drafting 4 LBers, do you think that is 2 many even if we lose Chad Brown, Clark Haggans, Clint Kriewaldt(someone on here said we are losing him) , Rian Wallace will always be a back up, and so will the others, plus if we happen to lose Porter also then that will be anopther starting pos. open and then when Farriior retires that will be another pos. open, so what i am getting at is wedont only need backups or roster fillers but we are going to need starting caliber players at least 3 just incase Haggens and Porter are not resigned and Farrior retires soon, so i think we need at least 3 if not 4 incase one does not pan out or gets hurt. the reason i think we need to get them in this draft is because we will only have 1 year if Porter and/or Haggans leave and prob. 2-3 years for Farrior so they need time to learn.

i have us drafting:
Pat Willis
Desmond Bishop
Anthony Waters (i really like Waters, i think he is going to be a really great player)
Brian Smith (he was one of the 1st guys i wanted to draft awhile back)
i was just thinking with hime being hurt he may have got bigger and slower and would know be used for a DE and there is a lot better DE's in the draft.

I think we need 1 pass rusher(De/OLB - Jarvis Moss/Charles Johnson), 1 True Olb( Paul Pozluszny, Jon Beason, Lawrence Timmons, Prescott Burgess), and 1 MLB ( David Harris, Desmond Bishop)

I can't see us getting 2 MLB's in the top 5 rounds of the draft.. maybe 5-7 for a second one, because we have Foote and Wallace, 1 rookie and Farrior. Then when Farrior retires, we can sign a rookie.

Word also has it we may be going after EJ Henderson of Minnesota. So that would Cut Kriedwaldt and if we draft a MLB thats 5 MLB's on the roster already.

Waters, Bishop, Harris, Willis and HB Blades are all MLBs. We need a Pass Rusher, and a True OLB IMO. I wouldn't mind a guy like Brian Smith because he could be had in rounds 5-7 now. He's athletic enough to play 4-3 OLB and strong enough to play 4-3 DE. Gives us options.

Now,

I know some people have differing opinions than mine.. but ...

Round 1: Need an Elite Pass Rusher, OLB that was a DE and can play DE in the future.. IE, not a Justin Hickman (Too small for Pro DE), but..

Jamaal Anderson
Gaines Adams
Jarvis Moss
Charles Johnson

Thats my list for round 1:

Round 2: We need a future replacement behind Farrior that can play in the 4-3 as well.

David Harris
Desmond Bishop (Round 3)
Justin Warren (Round 4)
Anthony Waters (Round 4)

Order I'd take them in.

Round 3: BPA.. OL/DL/LB/WR/RB

Tony Hunt
Manuel Ramirez
Quentin Moses (If he falls)
Dan Bazuin
Dwayne Wright.

I'm thinking of doing another mock. And it will be planning for the 4-3 in the future. But I have some new Ideas....

mikehop05
02-08-2007, 12:32 AM
Three is 3 is too many, we should draft 2 this year and then 1 or 2 more again next year, keep porter as the veteran lb out of the group so 2 this year and 1 next year i think we could use some draft picks for the line both sides backups mostly and then a offensive player like Nate and a WR

um wouldnt that be one too many? :wink:

mikehop05
02-08-2007, 12:34 AM
in the mock. i have for know is:

3-LBer's (Willis,Bishop,Waters)
2-RB's (Leonard, Ilaoa)
2-WR's (Meachem, Myles)
1-DE (Alama-Francis)
1-OG (Bennett)
1-C (Mozes)
1-QB (Beck)

i think i covered most of the pos.

willis, bishop and waters all essentially play the same positions, instead of willis maybe take a look at quentin moses or jarvis moss instead

mikehop05
02-08-2007, 12:41 AM
hey stiller how come you like charles johnson now fora 3 - 4 look but you didn't earlier in the year when i brought it up? just curious...

is it cuz of his ability to possibly play a 4 - 3 end look??

also... why is everyone hatin on queinten moses now??? he has an average year of being double teamed all year and now no love?? im bout to make an avatar "I remember Queinten Moses"

and...

Desmond Bishop has a pretty sweet football name

Man_Of_Steel
02-08-2007, 02:04 PM
Im still likin Moses

Man_Of_Steel
02-08-2007, 03:55 PM
Steelers Mock Draft

The Steelers will trade their first rounder (15th overall) to the Jets for their first rounder (25th overall) and the latter of their two seconds (57th overall). The Jets start to sweat with Marshawn Lynch still on the board and the Packers picking next. Therefore the Steelers trade down.

Pittsburgh gives, 1. (15)- 1,050
New York gives, 1. (25)- 720 & 2. (57)- 330
The deal works out to be 1,050 traded for 1,050 according to the value chart.

First Round 25th Overall
Jarvis Moss, DE, Florida

Great pickup here as we get a guy we may have reached for at 15. 3-4, 4-3 who knows, that’s what this is such a good pick. He can play in either formation effectively and be our hybrid type player.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/luke_winn/08/10/florida.postcard/t1_moss.jpg

Second Round 47th Overall
Aaron Ross, CB, Texas

A steal here, Ross has shown first round potential and with no clear cut top corner in the draft Ross will slide.

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper410/stills/25b940b2.jpg

Second Round 57th Overall
Ben Grubbs, OG, Auburn

It kills me to pass on my boy Michael Bush but on a need bases Grubbs is a strong pick. He really impressed me in senior bowl practice on NFL N when he was doing drills. Also Mike Mayock of NFL N who I really respect mentioned that Grubbs was coming to practice early and working one on one with coaches to improve. I love that attitude.

http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/Player/photo/GRUBBS,-BEN150.JPG

Third Round 79th Overall
Victor Abiamiri, DE, Notre Dame

I’m surprised I haven’t heard this name come up on these boards. I’m interested to see what you guys think of this pick. A pass rushing defensive end that can create havoc in the backfield. Some say he can play OLB but I keep him at DE. My favorite pick of this mock.

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/27/271539.jpg

Fourth Round
Anthony Waters, LB, Clemson

With Farrior aging it’s a great time to mold Waters before he takes over. He will need time to be groomed for the NFL and sitting behind Farrior while playing special teams should be just what the doctor ordered. He’s big, strong and a playmaker who has a Porter like intimidation factor when on the field.

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/25/252772.jpg

Fourth Round B
Paul Williams, WR, Fresno State

Props to Mr. Stiller on this one as I really hadn’t heard of the guy before hand. Did some research on the guy and I really like him. Physical guy who has great speed. I like to say he has power speed because he looks like a running freight train.

Fifth Round
Jay Moore, DE, Nebraska

Great character and work ethic which is evident by his non-stop motor. One of the best players at the Senior Bowl. Due to measurable most likely will not see his stock soar. Will not be selected as high as he should.

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/25/252060.jpg

Sixth Round
Nate Ilaoa, RB, Hawaii

Wynn or Ilaoa, Very close call. I originally had Wynn but opted instead for Ilaoa. The Steelers cant have a draft without a Samoan sleeper. Props to Mr. Stiller on the find.

http://starbulletin.com/2006/09/28/promo.jpg

Seventh Round
Ryne Robinson, WR, Miami(OH)

I’m very much on this guys bandwagon. I know he’s in the mold of Santonio but regardless this is the seventh round and he is a straight-up electrifying playmaker. I really believe he can have an impact.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/sioncampus/09/20/ryne.robinson.dj/dj_robinson2.jpg

skarocksoi
02-08-2007, 08:37 PM
Well I guess it's time I try for a mock. No pictures for me, but some explanations and other possibilities for each round. In this we do the standard trade down with the jets for their 1st and 2nd. So without further ado.

Steelers Mock
w/Trade

Rd 1 Jarvis Moss, DE/OLB Florida
This is probably the first time I’ve liked Scott’s pick for us. I think he could be a guy that could be that integral piece to the scheme Tomlin wants to run. Hopefully he will be able to make the transition to OLB, yet still drop down to a 3 technique and rush the passer.
Other Picks: Who knows, we could go a hundred different ways here. Maybe Patrick Willis, Lawrence Timmons, Levi Brown, or a dark horse pick of Paul Posluszny.

Rd 2 Dwayne Bowe, WR LSU
I see this kid as Hines Ward 2.0. Physical and can go over the middle to make the tough catches, as well as a hell of a blocker. A year or two under Hines and he could easily take over his spot. Bowe has had the case of the dropsies, but he recently had Lasik to correct some vision issues and has improved. Some good coaching can easily improve that too.
Other picks: Anthony Spencer, Arron Sears, David Harris. Again there are so many ways we can go in this round.

Rd 2 (trade w/Jets) Tony Hunt, RB Penn State
A tough powerback who only gets stronger as the game goes on. Not only that, but is a good receiver and great blocker as well. Plus he has that Steelers attitude we all love.
Other picks: Same as above.

Rd 3 Desmond Bishop, MLB Cal
Strong, fast, and hits like a truck. The kid has made plays throughout his entire career at Cal and has shown some good instincts. A year or two under Farrior and he will be ready to make an impact. Plus, we could call him “The Bishop”, and that’s just cool.
Other picks: Ikalia Alama-Francis, Paul Williams

Rd 4a Brian Smith, OLB Missouri
I don’t think we need to take more than 2 linebackers in this draft, but this guy in this spot is too good to pass up. Very athletic and strong, Smith could have been a first rounder if not for a hip injury that prevented him from playing some this year and from participating in the combine.
Other Picks: Anthony Waters, Fred Bennet, Jay Moore

Rd 4b Jonathan Wade, CB Tennessee
Has a lot of upside but has been inconsistent throughout his career at Tennessee. Some coaching from Tomlin can change that however, and he could end up being quite a steal and provide some good depth.
Other Picks: Same as above

Rd 5a Nathan Bennett, OG Clemson
Stiller has boasted about this guy before, so I don’t really need to go into it. Could easily fill some depth needs that we have in the O-line.
Other picks: Ben Patrick, Stephon Heyer, Kolby Smith

Rd 5b Jay Alford, DE/DT PSU
Yeah it’s pretty obvious that I go to Penn State, but Alford could be another one of those swing players that we use to switch between the 3-4 and the 4-3. He could play a pass rushing DE in the 3-4 a la Brett Keisel or, his natural position, a 4-3 UT.

Rd 6 Brent Celek TE, Cincinatti
The only good thing to ever come out of Cincinatti. Ohhh burn. But seriously, he’s a decent late round tight end that can both block and catch, but with Miller he’ll probably just block. That’s ok with me though.
Other Picks: Nate Ilaoa, Conrad Bolston

Rd 7 Adam Podlesh, P Maryland
A strong legged punter to take over for Gardocki, whose kicks have been getting worse and worse as of late. Had a good career at Maryland, and can have one here too.
Other picks: Who knows, it’s the 7th round. I can’t name anybody who will go here.

DJchannel
02-08-2007, 09:32 PM
Hey all new on ,the board, just like to say hey.
also i have just done, a mock, let me know what you think

The steelers trade down with the jets.
jets get # 15 (rd1)
Steelers get #25 (rd1) # 57 (rd2)

RD1 PICK 25
Jarvis Moss, DE, Florida

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/luke_winn/08/10/florida.postcard/t1_moss.jpg

Steelers select moss, who may even be good value at #15. Undersized to play DE in the NFL But with his high speed and massive wing span, he will be an elite pass rusher who can cope, if we change from the 3-4 to Tampa-2.

RD2 PICK 48
Buster Davis, ILB, Florida State

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/16/161128.jpg

Man mountain Davis, is a massive hitter and good in the tackle, he can also motor. He also possesses great intangibles as well and being a good leader. his versatility means we could play him inside of out, and is ideal if we move defensive formations.

RD2 PICK 57
Marcus Mccauley, CB, Fresno State

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c22/mdgcfb/marmccauley.jpg

Mccauley drops heavily due to a poor senior year, and an even worse senior bowl, however he has all the tools of a great corner, he is a great athlete with good size and great speed, his reading of the games is also good. the fact that this years cb crop is not great, means he falls into our laps and is in my opinion a steal. he has shown in the past he has all the tools, and can put together a sustained season. I'm sure with tomlins coaching and some confidence in his own ability, he can be a great corner for us.

3RD ROUND

Manuel Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/text/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/370879.jpeg

Monster of a man, who can rep 550 lbs!. excellent pass block who knows how to finish his tackles. an unmovable object who gets the job done.

4TH RD

Prescott Burgess, OLB, Michigan
http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper851/stills/4199ed98eb879-4199ee0d6058c.jpg

Burgess has a good frame with a massive wingspan, he is able to move well, and is a great hitter, brilliant in pursuit, where he will find and hit his man. He has a great attitude and has some fire in his belly. An under achiever with great potential.

4TH COMP

Paul Williams, WR, Fresno State

Williams is a beast of a wide receiver, great athlete, with great size and speed, will be an excellent blocking WR and a good red zone threat to complement Hines and Heath. He apparently has some attitude problems but i'm confident he won't be another Fred Gibson.

5TH Kareem Brown, DT, Miami

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/mifl/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/286433.jpeg

A project player with massive upside, has all the physical tools to be a great DT. Brown can stifle both the pass and the run game and can jam in the pocket. Although he needs to improve his consistency, he could sit for a year or two to learn and hone his skills, could be a great steal.

5TH COMP Adam Podlesh, P, Maryland

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/md/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/52215.jpeg

A great punter, who is a player in a need position, field position is important and Gardocki was one of the worst punters in the NFL last year. Podlesh is a real play maker on special teams due to his great kicking but also his physical attributes mean he can contribute in the tackle.

6TH Nate Ilaoa, RB, Hawaii

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/fres/galleries/m_footbl_102905/fres1-lg.jpg

A real bruiser in the bus model, not fast, but stocky and thick, will bash his way through.

7TH Jacob Ford, DE, Central Arkansas

http://condraft.com/images/thumb_1170686664_JFord.JPG

Small school player, who could be a real sleeper in the draft, is a good athlete, and has quickness to make the transition to OLB, or could bulk up to stay at DE. Could be a great situational pass rusher.

Whew that took a while, cheers for reading it , and let me know what you lot thought.

diabsoule
02-08-2007, 09:39 PM
Steelers | New offense could see use of more receivers
Wed, 7 Feb 2007 08:43:49 -0800

Ed Bouchette, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports the Pittsburgh Steelers' offense under new offensive coordinator Bruce Arians could see the use of four receivers at times on first down. "…I love four wideouts," Arians said. "I like a better running game out of four wideouts where we can utilize them on first and second down, rather than just being in a shotgun and throwing it all the time. That will be an area we want to develop."

GDawg239
02-08-2007, 10:02 PM
All about the Moss pick

I love the David Bowie pick in the second i see him being there in the middle of the second, Bishop pick is a nice one, TE from Cincy is a good one hes good at blocking and and catching

Big Dave draft i dont really see a need for a first day pick of a CB i think we need to develop the ones more that we have But i do like the Burgess pick for lb i like buster in the second

I think Waters should be in your drafts though, i think he might end up being a third round pick after the combine

Everyone is all about trading with the jets, i dont see that happening dont the jets have a hand full of needs wont they want to keep their picks

Hope we def get Nate

mikehop05
02-08-2007, 10:06 PM
Steelers | New offense could see use of more receivers
Wed, 7 Feb 2007 08:43:49 -0800

Ed Bouchette, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports the Pittsburgh Steelers' offense under new offensive coordinator Bruce Arians could see the use of four receivers at times on first down. "…I love four wideouts," Arians said. "I like a better running game out of four wideouts where we can utilize them on first and second down, rather than just being in a shotgun and throwing it all the time. That will be an area we want to develop."

yeah i posted the link to the article on pitsburgh post - gazzette

Mr. Stiller
02-09-2007, 01:25 AM
I have a mock coming with a few new names and some spins ;-)

as for Johnson, Yes Mikehop, I didn't think of the 4-3 transition when we were talking of him earlier.

The Reason I didn't take moss is I have a feeling he'll be a workout warrior and go in the 15-20 range, not around at 25. But I will have a mock coming soon.

Mr. Stiller
02-09-2007, 03:11 AM
Tender Max Starks for a 2nd
Trade down with the NYJ for #25 and #57 and #89 for our #15 and 4th round pick.
Rumor has it that the NFL is giving us a 3rd round comp for Chris Hope.... If not, Take out Higgins and substitute Paul Williams as our initial 4th round pick.

1) Charles Johnson, DE, Georgia
http://www.hhsreddevils.com/images/2005-09-10-0071.JPG
Why not Jarvis Moss? I think he'll be a workout warrior and see the top 20 of the draft. I think Johnson has intriguing size and speed. Can play OLB in the 34 and DE in the 4-3. Gives us a young pass rusher to groom for the future.

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/31/312056.jpg
David Harris' ability to be a premium player in both the 4-3 and 3-4 is why he's the perfect pick here. Vastly underrated. Has a good size/speed combo, sheds blocks well and makes good reads. He'll be groomed behind Farrior to be the QB of the defense in the next few years.

2b) Joe Staley, OT, Central Michigan
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/cmu/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/229200.jpeg
Staley falls unfortunately, he's got a great work ethic and tremendous potential, just needs some polishing. He was a fringe first rounder but falls to our 2nd, 2nd rounder. He can play LT, but will compete for RT, giving us leverage on Marvel Smith, Pushing Essex to get in shape and earn his spot. Joe could potentially be an amazing lineman, with some strength work. The mechanics and Athleticism are already in place.

2c) Quentin Moses, DE/OLB, Georgia
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/geo/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/185490.jpeg
We already got Moses teammate, some scouts feel that he's unmotivated and doesn't want to play. For us, if he falls this far (Which is rumored to be a highly likely possibility), we have no choice but to take him. He has the size to play 3-4 OLB and be good at it, while with Casey Hampton Beside him could be a dominant 4-3 Pass Rusher as well.

3a) Tony Hunt, RB, Penn State
http://www.cumberlink.com/PSUfootball/04/game02/0912_hunt.jpg
Tony Hunt falls here and we can't Resist taking him. He gives us a premier short yardage back, and in case of a freak accident (Knock on wood), he could start. He's an excellent receiver and blocker. Slow 40' time drops him here, but you can't ignore production. NFL is a 2 back league and with Verron, Willie and Tony Hunt. We're set.

3b) Manuel Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/text/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/242909.jpeg
Mammoth gaurd. Ramirez can bench 550 lbs, is a stout 6'3 335 lbs. Now I'll explain the importance of him after you see the rest of my mock. He's a solid blocker and with Zierlein he'll learn how to become a better blocker.

3c) Johnnie Lee Higgins, WR, Texas-El Paso
http://ia.utep.edu/Portals/304/HigginsvsHouston.09.17.05.jpg
Higgins is one of my favorite prospects in this draft. I haven't gotten to put him in much because I never ran a scenario where I can grab him. Needs to add a little bit of weight, but he has top notch speed and solid hands. He'll give Ben a deep target. Good leaper. Could end up being a steal like Steve Smith.

4a) Prescott Burgess, OLB, Michigan
http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper851/stills/43783c40c4c33-13-1.jpg
An intriguing prospect. Our second Michigan LB addition. Burgess has everything you want. Size, Tools, Speed (Quick, not overly fast though), and good recognition. He just needs the light to go on. Burgess is a player much like James Harrison, but with much more upside. He can give us superb depth at both ILB(Hence cutting Kreidwaldt) and OLB(letting go of Arnold Harrison). I read an Article on the Steelers salary cap, very interesting, and I'll divulge more, after.

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/bay/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/85247.jpeg
On a team that has struck out on day 2 for the most part. Getting the best player at a position of dire need is imperative. The NFL should almost have a category labeled "Hidden Yards", You could be surprised how much an amazing punter can aid a team. Look at Koch of Baltimore, granted that team really brought it, but still, he averaged nearly 50 yards a punt, had almost a league high inside the 20, and Baltimore had one of the best defenses, our defense can be that dominant, but not when Gardocki is kicking 20-35 yard punts. It's also a cost effective move, Cutting Gardocki would (And signing Sepulveda) would net us nearly 1.33M under the cap. Get a better player, that will be effective for 10-15 years, for a cheaper price? You don't need a Bachelors in intelligence to understand that.

6) Jay Alford, DT, Penn State
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/30/304345.jpg
Alford will allow us to not resign Rodney Bailey, another cap saving move. Which could lead us to signing possibly a solid to premier FA, or extend a significant player (Roeth/Troy/Faneca). He'll give us Depth at DE in the 3-4 and Depth or starter at UT in the 4-3. He has a never quit motor and you gotta love that about a Tackle.

7)Johnny Harline, H-Back, BYU
http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper244/stills/29skf1e4.jpg
(Yea, thats him taking a pass over highly touted CB/S Eric Weddle)
Harline played TE at BYU. One of John Becks favorite targets. Now, he falls here, why you ask? He's 6'1 245 lbs. I think he'll give us a boost in the run and passing game. I'll explain how. 1) He'll allow us to cut Tuman, who's quite expensive as a veteran vs. production. 2) He can give us depth at FB/TE/H-Back. Which is perfect because with Arians theory of the 4-wide set, he'll give us another solid pass catcher. I'll explain in the Formations Below.

I'm not doing UDFA's again, but I'd love any of... Brian Smith, Paul Mosley, Chad Schroeder, Brent Celek, Mark Bihl, Brian Daniels, Joe Anoai, and Brian Smith, Matt Muncy, John Talley, Justin Ruscati.

Ok now here's what I was talking about:

2008 Free Agents
These players are in the final year of their deal and, as such, the potential exists to sign long-term extensions before the end of the pre-season (their current age is in parentheses):

* CB Ricardo Colclough (24)
* OG Alan Faneca (30)
* LB Clark Haggans (30)
* NT Chris Hoke (30)
* FB Dan Kreider (29)
* S Troy Polamalu (25)
* LB Joey Porter (29)
* DE Aaron Smith (30)

Referring back to the “Players Under Contract” section, we can see that, at this time, the Steelers have 64 players currently under contract for the 2007 season. To be repetitive, under salary cap accounting rules, only the top 51 player contracts count against the cap as of the beginning of the new League Year on March 1. So while none of the recent free agent signings were noteworthy from a talent perspective, they were noteworthy in the aspect that many of those dollars count against the cap. The top 51 contracts account for the following spend:

2007 Cost of Players Under Contract: $108,642,722
Taking the total Cap Dollars available and subtracting those that have already been allocated leaves us with the following:
Estimated Amount Under/(Over) 2007 Cap: $357,278
This, of course, is based on best estimates. There is no doubt that some data is incomplete, but based on reported data, the estimates are a good proxy for the current situation. The 2007 data is largely based on salary cap data reported in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on January 5, 2007. There are some oddities in that data surrounding incentives for players such as Cedrick Wilson, Clark Haggans, Joey Porter and others. While I’m currently relying on that data as published, I do believe that there are $1.5 million in additional incentives baked into the PPG numbers that will later become a credit (as a similar situation occurred with the PPG data last year).

Additionally, the Steelers should receive a credit to their 2007 cap for 2006 likely to be earned (LTBE) incentives that were not attained. If you’ll recall, there was the opposite impact in 2006 due primarily to winning the Super Bowl (causing Big Ben to achieve NLTBE incentives from the prior season).

Estimated 2007 Incentive Credit (Increase to Steelers Cap): $1,926,500

Estimated Amount Under/(Over) Steelers Cap: $2,283,778

For now, let’s keep our analysis simple. We’re certainly going to re-visit these 64 players, but let’s look at the ERFAs and RFAs and estimate their impact on the cap.
Tender Offers
Before March 1, the Steelers will be required to tender offers to their ERFAs and RFAs. The Steelers typically give at least minimum tenders to every eligible player and that will likely hold true in 2007.

The ERFAs, Arnold Harrison, Greg Warren, and Nate Washington, will each receive a minimum tender which will be $360,000 for Harrison and $435,000 for the latter two. At some point, the Steelers may look to give long-term deals to these players, but for now, let’s assume they give the minimum required offer.

The lone RFA is Max Starks. Starks could receive some play in the open market and, because of that, the Steelers will have to protect their asset. It seems likely that the Steelers will tender Starks at the 2nd or 1st round level. If I were a betting man, my money would be on the 2nd round tender amount of $1.3 million.

Eight Potential Cap Casualties

As I peruse the above list of roster carryovers from 2006, eight names jump out at me as potential cap casualties based on salary versus performance. Now, not all of these players are “big money” savers, but as you’ll see, there is the potential to open up a significant amount of cap room:
Player
Salary
Cap Hit
Savings Pre-6/1
Savings Post-6/1
Gardocki, Chris
Hartings, Jeff
Haggans, Clark
Kirschke, Travis
Okobi, Chukky
Porter, Joey
Tuman, Jerame
Wilson, Cedrick

All of the figures in the above chart come from the ‘burghsportsguys salary cap database that I maintain. For the players above, I’ve listed the 2007 Salary, 2007 Cap Hit (if the player makes the roster), and then the cap savings for cutting those players. For cap savings, I’ve shown two figures, the savings for cutting a player before June 1 and the savings for cutting a player after June 1. Note: A new “feature” of the revised CBA allows teams to cut up to two players before June 1, but process the transaction as if it were a Post-6/1 cut. For example, Jerame Tuman could be axed on March 4, but still save $1.2 million by processing the transaction as a Post-6/1 cut.
When I scan the above chart, two numbers immediately jump off of the page – the savings figures for Jeff Hartings and Joey Porter. It has been rumored that Hartings will retire, and that seems very likely at this point based on all reports after the season. (Note: In fact, in the week that this article was being prepared, Hartings has indeed confirmed that he will retire.) The Steelers have been grooming Okobi for what seems like six years to take over, and it’s sink or swim time for Chukky, time to start earning that paycheck.

Here's my take:

Move Kendall Simmons to center. Have Willie Colon and Joe Staley Battle it out at RT. Derrick Burgess isn't just going to run circles around them like he did Starks. Arians Has Expressed that he thinks Simmons would be the next in the great line of Centers, and after giving it thought, I think it's perfect. He's athletic, can pull. The play thats our golden ticket is the Center Pull behind the RG. Now...

In the Scenario of this (Cutting Chukky Okobi, saving some cap Money):

LT: Marvel Smith -> Trai Essex
LG: Alan Faneca
OC: Kendall Simmons -> Marvin Phillip
RG: Chris Kemoeatu/Manuel Ramirez
RT: Joe Staley/Willie Colon.

You put Either one of Kemoeatu or Ramirez at RG, that play is once again Golden, Starks can pull and lead the way for the Running back because either one of our RG's can slide down the line, stonewalling the DT into the NT, and letting Simmons run right into the linebackers with RB in transit.

Getting Sepulveda over Gardocki gives us an instant upgrade and cheaper alternative. Giving our defense some breathing room.

Hartings Retiring saved us tons of money.

Adding Burgess, and Johnson gives us depth this year, and then next year we can choose to let Haggans/Porter go, and draft another young Rookie to replace them. (Tommy Blake, Keith Rivers, Brian Cushing).

And Harline will be a great Assett in the 3/4Wide

As for Najeh Davenport, I love the guy, but Colbert already issued a statement that we will not pursue him in the offseason.

You saw the Oline I'd like to use:

Here's my depth Chart:

QB: -> Ben Roethlisberger -> Charlie Batch -> Brian St. Pierre/UDFA Rookie
RB: Willie Parker -> Tony Hunt -> Verron Haynes
FB: Dan Kreider/ Johnny Harline(Bit faster, better reciever and runner with the ball)
TE: Heath Miller -> Brent Celek/Johnny Harline

now the 3-Wide set w/TE

X: Hines Ward -> Nate Washington
Y: Santonio Holmes -> Willie Reid
Z: Johnny Lee Higgins / Cedrick Wilson (Although I hope he doesn't make cuts, therefore allowing us more in cap room.)
TE: Heath Miller -> Johnny Harline

3 Wide Set - 2 RB

X Ward -> Washington
Y Holmes -> Reid
Z Miller -> Wilson

RB: Harline and Hunt/Parker/Haynes

Harline gives us alot of options on offense.

4 wide set would be

X: Ward -> Washington
Y: Holmes -> Reid
Z: Higgins
4: Wilson/Reid/Harline.

Gives us quite a few options.

As for Defense:

Burgess allows us to Cut Kreidwaldt. Keeping Goo Wallace as a ST player, but Burgess as the backup. He'll learn hehind Haggans and play ST, OLB, and possibly some MLB if injuries occur. He has long arms and good strength. I think this will allow us to use the cover 2/ 3-4 in all our glory..
Also, If the staff feels strongly enough about Burgess, Moses, or Johnson, it isn't entirely out of the question for Haggans to be sent packing. Cowher isn't around anymore so his "Boys" won't exactly get favoritism.

RDE: Brett Keisel -> Travis Kirschke
NT: Casey Hampton -> Chris Hoke
LDE: Aaron Smith -> Jay Alford

LOLB: Joey Porter -> Charles Johnson -> Quentin Moses
LILB: Larry Foote -> James Harrison/Prescott Burgess
RILB: James Farrior -> David Harris -> Goo Wallace
ROLB: Clark Haggans -> James Harrison/Prescott Burgess

CB: Ike Taylor -> Ricardo Colclough -> Chidi Iwuoma
CB: Bryant McFadden -> DeShea Townsend -> Anthony Madison
FS: Anthony Smith -> Ryan Clark
SS: Troy Polamalu -> Tyrone Carter

4-3 look:

RDE: Brett Keisel -> Quentin Moses
UT: Aaron Smith -> Jay Alford
LDE: Charles Johnson -> Quentin Moses

SLB: Larry Foote -> Prescott Burgess
MLB: James Farrior -> David Harris
WLB: Joey Porter -> James Harrison

Then if we decide Aaron Smith is going to cost too much.. as Well as Porter

In 2008..

we'd have to draft another 3-4 DE/4-3DE, and a WLB.

3-4:

RDE: Brett Keisel -> Travis Kirschke
LDE: Jay Alford -> Shaun Nua/Rookie

LOLB: Charles Johnson -> James Harrison
LILB: Larry Foote -> Goo Wallace
RILB: David Harris -> Rookie/mid-FA
ROLB: Quentin Moses/Prescott Burgess

Then 4-3:

RDE: Charles Johnson -> Rookie/Shaun Nua
UT: Brett Keisel / Jay Alford
LDE: Quentin Moses -> Rookie/Shaun Nua

SLB: Prescott Burgess/Larry Foote
MLB: David Harris -> Goo Wallace
WLB: James Harrison -> Rookie

skarocksoi
02-09-2007, 12:20 PM
That was a heck of a post Stiller. I had to skim over those numbers cause accounting is not my thing, but its a lot of good info. I have one problem though, and thats with Simmons at center. It's not that I think he can't be a good center, but doesn't he have diabetes and has to occationally come out to check his blood sugar level? I thought I heard this from a friend, and if its true, putting him at center is a bad idea. You need to have the same guy snapping the ball to the QB every down, otherwise you will lose that continuity and problems could occur. Again, I'm not sure about the whole diabetes thing, and if thats not the case, I'm fine giving him a shot there.

mikehop05
02-09-2007, 12:23 PM
Wow, Stiller, I really loved the read... very in depth and well thought out. This is an amazing piece of work that must have taken a while...

Really love the mock. Especially Moses, Burgess, and Harline (whom i brought up before but was shot down... glad people are seeing the light on him.)

My only critizms, if I may, are I would rather cut Clark Haggans this year, I think Harrison out played him last year, and bringing in guys like Burgess and Moses to compete for the second spot would add the depth.

In the mock, a guy I think would be great for us is Alama-Francis. He can play 3 - 4 OLB or 4 - 3 End or even 3 - 4 end. He was asked to put on 50lbs in the off season last year, and he honestly looked great. But honestly, I dont know where we could get him.

Overall, great mock, explanation, everything, I really liked this.

Though, can we really get a second for Starks???

Mr. Stiller
02-09-2007, 07:50 PM
Wow, Stiller, I really loved the read... very in depth and well thought out. This is an amazing piece of work that must have taken a while...

Really love the mock. Especially Moses, Burgess, and Harline (whom i brought up before but was shot down... glad people are seeing the light on him.)

My only critizms, if I may, are I would rather cut Clark Haggans this year, I think Harrison out played him last year, and bringing in guys like Burgess and Moses to compete for the second spot would add the depth.

In the mock, a guy I think would be great for us is Alama-Francis. He can play 3 - 4 OLB or 4 - 3 End or even 3 - 4 end. He was asked to put on 50lbs in the off season last year, and he honestly looked great. But honestly, I dont know where we could get him.

Overall, great mock, explanation, everything, I really liked this.

Though, can we really get a second for Starks???

Skarocksoi,

Yes Simmons has diabetes, thats why Kemoeatu had to start two games this past season. However, With him at Center, I think it would be alot better because he already has game experience, the athleticism and his only problem is blocking the big NT's... with a mammoth like Ramirez or Kemoeatu to his right, thats a non issue. It was really the first seasons his diabetes actually had any effect on his playing, and that was only because of a precaution. He had fallen asleep with an icebag and it resulted in a "Freezer burn", instead of risking infection they didn't have him dress. Now I highly doubt the odds (Being that in 5 years) he had 1 diabetes issue, I think he has that under control.

Mikehop,

Thanks it's great to know my work is appreciated. I too would love to cut Wilson and Haggans this year. my only issue with Wilson, is Reid, Washington and Higgins/Williams are unproven. Starting 2 of them outside of Ward and Holmes could have problems, especially with an unexpected injury. However, I'd like him to restructure or us to sign another middle of the road FA and cut him... A guy like Terrence Wilkins from the colts. No one amazing, just something solid, in case of need.

As for Starks... I've seen crazier things happen. Word has it they are going to tender him in the 2nd round range.

I'd love Alama-Francis, but his stock exploded. Injury and All he's a day 1, with minor chance for day 2 (Only because of injury history). I think Joe Anoai, and another 1 or 2 3-4/4-3 DE's, but I think This is my attitude towards next season..

2008 (With this draft)...

Round 1) Chris Long, DE, Virginia
Big and dominant in either the 3-4 or 4-3. Gives us versatility, and is the son of renowned DE, Howie Long.
Round 2) Tommy Blake, DE/OLB, TCU
Can play OLB in likely both 4-3 and 3-4 schemes. 6'3 and 250 lbs. Solid pass rusher, but can drop in coverage.
Round 3) Dwight Lowery, CB, San Jose State
Lack of competition and I'm predicting a senior year slump.. He'll come in and give us depth and a possible future shut down corner. He's a ballhawk... Slightly undersized, but good recognition and very talented.

And if you think we're set at OLB (Which we could very well be.), pick up a gaurd in round 2, because Faneca and Simmons are going into contract seasons. If we keep Simmons at C, Ramirez and Kemoeatu at RG, We need to groom someone behind faneca for a season or 2. And pick up a RT later say round 5 or 6 because Staley can move to LT, Colon and the Rookie can battle for RT.

Although in a few Years... Staley LT, Ramirez LG, Simmons C, Kemoeatu RG, Colon/Rookie RT... Looks young and immensely talented.

mikehop05
02-10-2007, 12:40 AM
good write up again on PPG about Tomlin

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07041/761052-66.stm

we also resigned bryan randall to the active squad

Mr. Stiller
02-10-2007, 01:16 AM
good write up again on PPG about Tomlin

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07041/761052-66.stm

we also resigned bryan randall to the active squad

I think Tomlin is going to be a great coach, I like Arians, Anderson, and The remainder of the steelers coaching staff. I like Zierlein... But i'm Unsure of the other guys.

If they were that good, why have they all been fired?

Mr. Stiller
02-10-2007, 02:38 AM
I did a fun mock... like a dream scenario:

Oddball Mock:

Tender Max Starks for a 2nd
Comp Picks... Hope+Kemo = 3rd, Randel El = 4th
2 Trades... our #15 for #24 and #28 of the Patriots (For Leon Hall)
Then Trade #24 for #38, #57 and their 3rd of the Jets. (For Marshawn Lynch, then they select Adam Carriker)

1) Charles Johnson, DE/OLB, Georgia
2b) Dwayne Bowe, WR, Louisiana State
2c) Joe Staley, OT, Central Michigan
2d) Quentin Moses, DE/OLB, Georgia
3a) Tony Hunt, RB, Penn State
3b) Johnnie Lee Higgins, WR, UTEP
3c) Manuel Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech
4a) Ikaika Alama-Francis, DE/OLB, Hawaii
4b) Prescott Burgess, OLB/ILB, Michigan
6) Jay Alford, DT, PSU
7) Johnny Harline, H-Back, BYU

UDFA:

QB Sawyer Smith/Justin Rascati
RB Paul Mosley/Nate Ilaoa
WR/PR: Chad Schroeder
TE: Brent Celek
OL: Brian Daniels, Mark Bihl
DE: Brian Smith
DT: Joe Anoai, Walter Thomas (6'4 370lbs, but moves very well.), Zach West, Paul Soliai
LB: Matt Muncy, Nick Roach, Ramon Guzman, Zak DeOssie
CB: John Talley, Kenny Scott
S: Leonard Peters, Joe Sturdivant

Really only the addition of Dwayne Bowe and Ikaika Alama-Francis to my other mock, but it was fun.

QB: Roeth/Batch
RB: Parker -> Hunt -> Haynes/Ilaoa/Mosley
FB: Kreider -> Ilaoa
WR1: Ward -> Bowe ->
WR2: Holmes -> Higgins
WR3: Bowe-> Reid
WR4: Higgins -> Washington -> Wilson
thats a big time highlight reel wr core.. 2 physical bully's of WR's (Ward/Bowe), and 2 speedsters Holmes/Higgins.

Not to mention adding Ikaika Alama Francis to an already defensively stacked defense.

Only way to make this draft better is to have been able to trade our 6th rounder (Jay Alford) to San Diego for Jamal Williams.

Smooth Criminal
02-10-2007, 08:11 AM
Thats not how comp picks work at all. We will not get a 3rd. We probably won't get anything for Kimo and we will get a 5th at best for Hope. El might be able to get a 4th since he got sucha huge contract. Comp picks don't just look at who you let go, it loks at who you signed aswell. Signing players brings down the comp you get for the players you let go. So the signing of Bailey and Clark will bring down thw comp we get for Kimo and Hope.

Fickdog
02-10-2007, 10:06 AM
Hope's contract was bigger than El's and his excellent production will come into play as well, resulting in a higher comp than El. Kimo's contract was slightly larger than Clark's and may even be considered for another low comp , but will most likely offset. Bailey will not be considered, signings have to be deemed 'significant'($, playing time).

Fickdog
02-10-2007, 10:11 AM
Mr. Stiller

You really ought to attribute the section of your writeup that came from someone else's analysis9burghsportsguys). I know you were not trying claim it was your own, but it kind of reads like that.

GoldenBoy
02-10-2007, 12:15 PM
Steelers Mock Draft

The Steelers will trade their first rounder (15th overall) to the Jets for their first rounder (25th overall) and the latter of their two seconds (57th overall). The Jets start to sweat with Marshawn Lynch still on the board and the Packers picking next. Therefore the Steelers trade down.

You know I can say with 95% certainty that Lynch will NOT make it out of the top 10, that is assuming he has a solid showing at the combine. He's not Adrian Peterson, but he's not far off. The Browns and Texans are both likely to take a running back, so that takes them both off the board. If the Jets want a back they'll have to trade away their franchise to move up enough to snag one. It'll be interesting to see what other backs have a good combine to move up and possibly be worthy of the Jet's #1 pick.

It's good to think of trading down, but don't count on it with the Jets.

DeathbyStat
02-10-2007, 01:03 PM
Jacob Ford, DE, Central Arkansas could be a major sleeper in this years draft .

Aaron Smith, Clark Haggans, Joey Porter and Troy's contracts are all up at the end of next year. And I could see us getting rid of all of them but Troy.

I thinks its become very evident(the combine results will further solidify it) that Jarvis Moss will not be available if we trade down. I think would stay at 15 and try to land him.

mikehop05
02-10-2007, 01:06 PM
Steelers Mock Draft

You know I can say with 95% certainty that Lynch will NOT make it out of the top 10, that is assuming he has a solid showing at the combine. He's not Adrian Peterson, but he's not far off. The Browns and Texans are both likely to take a running back, so that takes them both off the board. If the Jets want a back they'll have to trade away their franchise to move up enough to snag one. It'll be interesting to see what other backs have a good combine to move up and possibly be worthy of the Jet's #1 pick.

I do not agree, Lynch won't go in the top 10, and he won't make it past 16, therefore it makes a lot of sense for the jets to trade up, seeming as they have 2 2nd round picks.

The jets need a game changer like Lynch, it is a perfect fit for them at the moment.

Mr. Stiller
02-10-2007, 09:21 PM
Steelers Mock Draft

He also has off the field issues.. 25 is not a reach as it once was.

Hines
02-10-2007, 10:59 PM
http://www.courant.com/sports/college/football/hc-lloyd0207.artfeb07,0,722296.story?coll=hc-headlines-collegefootball

if the link dont work just type that in
most of u know greg lloyd
well this story might make u lose all respect for the linebacker u all loved

NFLBOY
02-11-2007, 11:20 AM
I remember back in the 90's when they had interviews of the Lloyd family, everything seemed to be fine and dandy. I'm not saying Lloyd is innocent, but sure seems funny how it's time to get a divorce when the career and money is not a sure thing anymore. I'd say His ex wife probably is no saint either. As a player, this guy will get all my respect, as a person, well that remains to be seen. Either way I won't be able to change his life so it doesn't matter what I think of him as a person. Just cause they are a great player doesn't make them great off the field. Look at the Bengals and Ravens.They have alot of very good players, but they are not very good people or role models off the field.

Hines
02-11-2007, 04:19 PM
does anyone have a list of the free agents

i have been lookin at some players and if they r free agents id like to have them

im only gonna name three cuz tahts all ive found so far

they r linebackers

daryl blackstock- could rush the passer and take peezys or haggans spot. i liked him outta college and wanted the steelers to draft him

steven cooper- can possibly provide good depth in the middle and maybe start. excellent ster as i hear

angelo crowell- could be the same as blackstock

ill let everyon einformed when i have found a good list and ill explain y

Smooth Criminal
02-11-2007, 07:34 PM
There is a really good list in the NFL section.

skarocksoi
02-11-2007, 07:36 PM
Since people seem to think Jarvis Moss is going to rise due to workouts, do we take him at 15 or still trade down and pick up someone like Spencer in the second?

richdg
02-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Thi is one of those off seasons were we just don't really know what is going to happen. First we get the new coach. I am still very worried about this choice, but he is the coach, and I hope he does well. Tomlin has retained LeBaeu, and pledged to keep the 3-4. yet LeBaeu's contact has not been extended. So, that leads to the question is this a long term commitment, or just for 1 more year. We will all know more as the FS period and draft comes up. If we take/sign DLmen and not OLB's we will see for sure. As for the O, Tomlin has pledged to run the ball. Good. But which approach will we take? The pulling/trpping game that we have been running or the straight ahead bulldozer approach? This still is unanswered. As for the O coaches, they also give me concern. Most of them have not had much success in their pasts. Most have been the coaches for bad teams, both in the NFL and in college. Not getting a real warm fuzy feeling about this group.
On to players. Good luck to Hartings. He has had a good career. Thanks for the time and effort. Playing on 1 leg for the last 3 or 4 years must not have been easy.
it looks as if Gardocki is going to be cut. So long. His punts have been getting short the last 2 years.
Even with the money freed up by these 2 moves, I don't see the Steelers doing much in the FA market. They really do. Plus they have many players with contracts expiring after next year. Faneca, A. Smith, troy, Porter and Haggans just to name a few. Then there is teh question with Starks. Do we sign him long term, or just for this next year, or do we let him go now. The team also has to decide what to do with Davenport and haynes. Both are FA's. Both have played well. Neither will be cheap. Both will want at least 1.5 million to stay. Keep 1 or both? Or let them both go?
This brings us to the big money vets. M. Smith has reworked his contract in the past, and that bill is coming due. Same with Ward. But with Ward, he is starting to break down. He has missed several games each of the past 2 years. A team just can't afford to have their highest paid players not on the feild. Hampton also has a large contract, that expires in 2 years. Due we extend him? Trade him? Wait 1 more year, then see?
All in all, there are a ton of questions to be answered.

Smooth Criminal
02-11-2007, 08:34 PM
Since people seem to think Jarvis Moss is going to rise due to workouts, do we take him at 15 or still trade down and pick up someone like Spencer in the second?

Really depends on his workouts. I think his stock will rise to the point where we should take him at 15 if we want him. Trading down is risky cause you never know who might trade up over you if yopu trade down to far. If we stay at 15 I don't think we'd have to worry about someone jumping to get him.

Mr. Stiller
02-12-2007, 12:35 AM

Just say no to Spencer... He was the guy that got beat up in the Bowl game by a TE... what kind of Pass Rushing threat will a guy who can't even beat a TE that won't be drafted, present?

skarocksoi wrote:

Really depends on his workouts. I think his stock will rise to the point where we should take him at 15 if we want him. Trading down is risky cause you never know who might trade up over you if yopu trade down to far. If we stay at 15 I don't think we'd have to worry about someone jumping to get him.

I'm going to trust Tomlins judgement. I think Jarvis Moss, Jamal Anderson, Gaines Adams, Quentin Moses, Charles Johnson... could all be pass rushing threats.. this is a good year to need a defensive end.

Thi is one of those off seasons were we just don't really know what is going to happen. First we get the new coach. I am still very worried about this choice, but he is the coach, and I hope he does well. Tomlin has retained LeBaeu, and pledged to keep the 3-4. yet LeBaeu's contact has not been extended. So, that leads to the question is this a long term commitment, or just for 1 more year. We will all know more as the FS period and draft comes up. If we take/sign DLmen and not OLB's we will see for sure. As for the O, Tomlin has pledged to run the ball. Good. But which approach will we take? The pulling/trpping game that we have been running or the straight ahead bulldozer approach? This still is unanswered. As for the O coaches, they also give me concern. Most of them have not had much success in their pasts. Most have been the coaches for bad teams, both in the NFL and in college. Not getting a real warm fuzy feeling about this group.
On to players. Good luck to Hartings. He has had a good career. Thanks for the time and effort. Playing on 1 leg for the last 3 or 4 years must not have been easy.
it looks as if Gardocki is going to be cut. So long. His punts have been getting short the last 2 years.
Even with the money freed up by these 2 moves, I don't see the Steelers doing much in the FA market.

They really do. Plus they have many players with contracts expiring after next year. Faneca, A. Smith, troy, Porter and Haggans just to name a few. Then there is teh question with Starks. Do we sign him long term, or just for this next year, or do we let him go now.

Sounds like the perfect time to get 2 years to build a 4-3 eh?

The team also has to decide what to do with Davenport and haynes. Both are FA's. Both have played well. Neither will be cheap. Both will want at least 1.5 million to stay. Keep 1 or both? Or let them both go?

I'm pretty sure Haynes Signed I believe a 3 year contract extension Last offseason, so he's still under contract. Colbert has stated that Pursuing Najeh Davenport is not going to happen.

This brings us to the big money vets. M. Smith has reworked his contract in the past, and that bill is coming due. Same with Ward. But with Ward, he is starting to break down. He has missed several games each of the past 2 years. A team just can't afford to have their highest paid players not on the feild.

I can't see Ward ever leaving pittsburgh. I understand he's missed some games, but he's still a very valid contributor on and off the field. Marvel, I don't know the answer for him though.

Hampton also has a large contract, that expires in 2 years. Due we extend him? Trade him? Wait 1 more year, then see?
All in all, there are a ton of questions to be answered.

I don't think we move him.. he's a dominant NT, and I'm just curious how much of a plugger he'll be in a 4-3.

Monikthebest
02-12-2007, 12:59 AM
i can honestly see dwayne jarret going to the steel city. we need a special teams playmaker, and with the strong receiver staff we have now, i picture jarrett taking randel el's place as kick returner/punt returner

Monikthebest
02-12-2007, 01:01 AM
i can honestly see dwayne jarrett going to the steel city. Since we already have a strong receiver staff, i can picture jarrett being a special teams star similiar to devon hester from the bears seeing that we lost randel el last season

steel man
02-12-2007, 01:17 AM
here is our 2007 games, which ones do you guys seeing as a win for us

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/1378/homeawaywt4.jpg

neko4
02-12-2007, 09:46 AM

lets go for all of them.

skarocksoi
02-12-2007, 10:00 AM

lets go for all of them.

Good answer. Im gonna agree with him and also state that its way too early to tell what we can win and cant win. You have to see what happens in Free Agency and the draft.

mikehop05
02-12-2007, 10:12 AM
i can honestly see dwayne jarrett going to the steel city. Since we already have a strong receiver staff, i can picture jarrett being a special teams star similiar to devon hester from the bears seeing that we lost randel el last season

jarrett doesnt have the speed / quickness u look for in a return man

willie reid, santonio holmes, ricardo coclough, are all people who will compete for that role this year unless we grab someone in the draft

neko4
02-12-2007, 10:27 AM

jarrett doesnt have the speed / quickness u look for in a return man

willie reid, santonio holmes, ricardo coclough, are all people who will compete for that role this year unless we grab someone in the draft

agreed, there is no way jarrett is any kind of return man for any team in the NFL much less ours. we drafted a guy last year specifically for those duties. too bad we didn't get to see him.

i can't wait to see him dance his panties off..........on the field and score a touchdown.

art vandelay
02-12-2007, 11:05 AM
How did Najeh Davenport look this past year?

DeathbyStat
02-12-2007, 11:34 AM
Decent third down back. Ran away contact on almost every occasion. Willie Parker runs with more power.

skarocksoi
02-12-2007, 11:55 AM
Yeah I really think Reid will be a big asset in the return game this year as long as he stays healthy. I remember him taking a kickoff all the way in the Orange Bowl two years ago against PSU. He was greased lightning. I think he could surprise a lot of guys with his skills next season and get us some easy points.

DeathbyStat
02-12-2007, 12:08 PM
Is is just me or was the offense only successfull last year when the steelers ran the no huddle offense? Would it be better if we ran this the majority of the time?

steel man
02-12-2007, 12:17 PM
do you think Willie Reid could be the Devin Hester of this year?
art vandelay are you from WV, because your avatar is of Bradshaw from Marshall?

mikehop05
02-12-2007, 01:29 PM
Yeah I really think Reid will be a big asset in the return game this year as long as he stays healthy. I remember him taking a kickoff all the way in the Orange Bowl two years ago against PSU. He was greased lightning. I think he could surprise a lot of guys with his skills next season and get us some easy points.

or at least not have us starting all of our possesions inside our own 25

mikehop05
02-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Is is just me or was the offense only successfull last year when the steelers ran the no huddle offense? Would it be better if we ran this the majority of the time?

i dont know about no huddle... i think it was best when we spread out the defense, which is what arians is planning on doing now

mikehop05
02-12-2007, 01:31 PM

no one will have the type of year hester had in a while,

though i do see some dante hall in little willie

NFLBOY
02-12-2007, 02:22 PM

or at least not have us starting all of our possesions inside our own 25 Of course we are banking that he doesn't fumble everytime he touches the ball like that moron Holmes did.

skarocksoi
02-12-2007, 02:33 PM
Well we drafted Reid for his return abilities, so I'd hope he'd be able to hang onto the ball.

I'm not sure how I feel about spreading things out on offense. It seems like a good idea to help both the run and the pass, but it just doesn't seem like Steeler football. Tomlinson has stated that he wants to run, but Im not sure the spread offense is really suited to do the kind of running you want. The only spread offense I can think of is Michigan State, and their run game sucks.

neko4
02-12-2007, 02:42 PM

no one will have the type of year hester had in a while,

though i do see some dante hall in little willie

if he has even half of what dante hall used to bring for the chiefs then i will be one happy individual. that means, what atleast 2-3 touchdowns on some kind of return from the special unit........special unit?? it's official now Willie Reid will be the Steelers special unit next year.

Man_Of_Steel
02-12-2007, 03:32 PM
What does everyone here think of Victor Abiamiri.

mikehop05
02-12-2007, 04:19 PM
Well we drafted Reid for his return abilities, so I'd hope he'd be able to hang onto the ball.

I'm not sure how I feel about spreading things out on offense. It seems like a good idea to help both the run and the pass, but it just doesn't seem like Steeler football. Tomlinson has stated that he wants to run, but Im not sure the spread offense is really suited to do the kind of running you want. The only spread offense I can think of is Michigan State, and their run game sucks.

its not a spread offense in the terms that you think of when you see college football

think of the colts offense, 3wr and running the ball out o that set

and its tomlin not tomlinson ;)

mikehop05
02-12-2007, 04:21 PM

not sure, i personally think a lot of 'dame guys are overrated...

plus his last name is hard to pronounce

is it AB-e-MIRY?

or ABAM- ERIE?

anyways, i wanna see how he does at the combine

neko4
02-12-2007, 04:52 PM

is it AB-e-MIRY?

or ABAM- ERIE?

the third one.....A-BOM-ear-eye

combine is the key as usual....it needs to hurry and get here, so the what if situations quit coming up. from his pictures he looks like a beast.

skarocksoi
02-12-2007, 05:05 PM

its not a spread offense in the terms that you think of when you see college football

Ah, gotcha. That puts me a little bit at ease then. Im still not sure if thats the best, but we'll see how it works next season.

I knew I was gonna mess up Tomlin sooner or later. I keep wanting to say Tomlinson every time I say his name.

Im curious about Abiamiri myself. He looked pretty built at the senior bowl and if he play linebacker he could be a good second round pickup. I have to agree that a lot of Notre Dame guys are overrated, and a lot of his production was against weak teams like Stanford.

Smooth Criminal
02-12-2007, 07:29 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Read the post about the Steelers superbowl celebration compared to Indys. That crowd is impressive.

mikehop05
02-12-2007, 08:03 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Read the post about the Steelers superbowl celebration compared to Indys. That crowd is impressive.

we know how to party

KCJ58
02-12-2007, 08:09 PM

lets go for all of them.

Good answer. Im gonna agree with him and also state that its way too early to tell what we can win and cant win. You have to see what happens in Free Agency and the draft.

i see them losing to the Rams

mikehop05
02-12-2007, 09:32 PM

lets go for all of them.

uh huh. ok.

mikehop05
02-12-2007, 11:57 PM
good read again on PPG

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07044/761700-66.stm

Mr. Stiller
02-13-2007, 05:39 AM

or at least not have us starting all of our possesions inside our own 25 Of course we are banking that he doesn't fumble everytime he touches the ball like that moron Holmes did.

Holmes was a Rookie, Cowher wasn't exactly showing leadership and the whole team played down... How many times could Holmes ACTUALLY CATCH THE BALL and NOT HAVE 8 DEFENDERS IN HIS FACE??? Our special teams as a whole were horrid.

Well, Somethings have to change. We don't have Jerome Bettis back there any more. And why try to stuff Willie down the throats. Tomlin has stated time and time again about how he is going to put the guys he has in the best position to succeed. From what Arians Stated, was that the Playbook was bloated and very dysfunctional... He's creating a more streamlined version. I think Willie will actually break more runs out because spreading the field (Not the College spread-Shotgun offense of Utah/Hawaii). Ben will line up under center and from that scheme we can do a variety of things. Which will make it easier on Willie to find the seams instead of having to dodge 9 guys to get through a minuscule opening. It's not like we're going to run the Atlanta Spread. But We'll have more versatile looks, which IMO, is about time.

Exactly and Arians was the guy who started Peyton Manning on the path he's on... And if I remember correctly, The Colts have a pretty unstoppable offense from that perspective.

Also, Tomlin has stated per: http://steelers.scout.com/2/618435.html

Q: Do you need a second back, do you have one and will you use one?

Tomlin: The answer to all those questions is yes we need one; we have potential men identified. It is important. I was saying to someone the other day, if you look at the teams in the conference championship games, all of them had two backs. I’m talking about the two guys in New Orleans, the two guys in Chicago, the two guys in New England, the two guys in Indy. The last four teams had two backs who are capable of being feature-caliber backs. I think that’s just part of today’s NFL. If we’re going to be part of that mix, I think we should do the same.

I'm Excited!!!

is it AB-e-MIRY?

or ABAM- ERIE?

Ahh-Bee-Ahh-Meer-EE

I think he has great speed, and the tools. But My same issue with him is... Lack of College production. He even played against the RT's in college (Being the LDE)..

His sacks (12 Sr. Year)... 1 at PSU, 1 at MSU, 3 against Stanford, 2 assisted against UCLA, 2 against Navy, 2 against Navy and 2 against NC..1 against LSU...

He got shut out by Georgia Tech, Army, Air Force, Michigan, Purdue, and USC...

If he does great in the pros? Congrats, but I don't see him as more than a Situational Pass rusher, that might not be better than Rodney Bailey.

lets go for all of them.

uh huh. ok.

If Tomlin coaches half as well as he interviews...

I can see us in the realm of 10-14 Wins, The teams that worry me most, are ... NE, Denver, NY, and Jacksonville...

Decent third down back. Ran away contact on almost every occasion. Willie Parker runs with more power.

I disagree. The only time Najeh got to run was in obvious Running situations... and Our oline couldn't run block to save their lives this past season. It's a Miracle that Willie got 1300 yards... and a pro-bowl trip. I think Najeh is a solid Blocker, is a monstrous KR Man.. I mean, sub 4.55 speed and 240/250 lbs rolling as a return man.. He was punishing.. I'm just disappointed they're not interested in keeping him.

Man_Of_Steel
02-13-2007, 09:08 AM
Najeh is nowhere close to a solid blocker.
Also I have to agreee with Deathbystat, he really does not run with power.
Id rather have good ole John Kuhn in there.

neko4
02-13-2007, 01:00 PM
so marty is gone from the chargers?? what are the odds "the chin" will go there for enough money?? that would be cool, lots of draft picks.

also i read somewhere that arrington was released by the giants. if thats true what do yall think about him. he has been playing the a 4-3 since he come into the league, but from what i have seen of him he has the build and moves (it looks like) to rush the passer. so he would be good in the hybrid form or our 3-4/4-3. just throwing out some ideas.

Man_Of_Steel
02-13-2007, 01:12 PM
Arrington has been released.
Now no doubt hed be a seemingly perfect fit, but $.

Mr. Stiller
02-13-2007, 01:19 PM
so marty is gone from the chargers?? what are the odds "the chin" will go there for enough money?? that would be cool, lots of draft picks.

also i read somewhere that arrington was released by the giants. if thats true what do yall think about him. he has been playing the a 4-3 since he come into the league, but from what i have seen of him he has the build and moves (it looks like) to rush the passer. so he would be good in the hybrid form or our 3-4/4-3. just throwing out some ideas.

I'm pretty sure he was released because his injury was taking longer than norm to heal and he was considering retirement.

mikehop05
02-13-2007, 02:01 PM

I'm pretty sure he was released because his injury was taking longer than norm to heal and he was considering retirement.

yeah arrington hada acl/mcl or something like that... maybe achilles but if he were healthy he has the physical build to be a good 3 - 4 olb, though he doesnt play well in schemes -- he tends to just do his own thing a lot

and i hope bill goes and we get a slew of picks...

Man_Of_Steel
02-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Quentin Moses?

Ive seen everything from first to third round, when will he go?

Personally I cant see him sliding from the first.

mikehop05
02-13-2007, 02:44 PM
Quentin Moses?

i can see him slipping no further than to us in round 2

no higher than us in the first

so between 15 - 37 would be my guess

GDawg239
02-13-2007, 03:06 PM
terribletowel39
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:00 am Post subject:

IF the chin goes there i think it will be like when tampa got Gruden, A first, third and some cash.

But the chargers are pretty good at drafting, and i dont think they would trade picks like that, there are pretty decent coaches out there, Bears, Ravens defensive coordinatoor,

neko4
02-14-2007, 12:37 AM
so i got tired of seeing us at the bottom of the list so i wanted to post and i finally found something to post about.......i guess. we signed a kicker to a 1 year contract (Connor Hughes) and are planning to send him to NFL Europe. not all that exciting, just something to get us up the board again. :D

Mr. Stiller
02-14-2007, 12:44 AM
Quentin Moses?

Combine is coming up, he better put up good numbers or he could slide.

Mr. Stiller
02-14-2007, 12:45 AM
terribletowel39
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:00 am Post subject:

IF the chin goes there i think it will be like when tampa got Gruden, A first, third and some cash.

But the chargers are pretty good at drafting, and i dont think they would trade picks like that, there are pretty decent coaches out there, Bears, Ravens defensive coordinatoor,

Tampa gave Oakland a 2002 1st and 2nd, 2003 1st and 2nd .. and some cash.

I'd be willing to send Cowher to San Diego for that price, but I'd rather send him to a team that is a perennial top 10 draft picking team (Perhaps, the browns?)

Mr. Stiller
02-14-2007, 12:46 AM
so i got tired of seeing us at the bottom of the list so i wanted to post and i finally found something to post about.......i guess. we signed a kicker to a 1 year contract (Connor Hughes) and are planning to send him to NFL Europe. not all that exciting, just something to get us up the board again. :D

LOL we have 5 people there now..

PITTSBURGH — The Pittsburgh Steelers signed first-year kicker Connor Hughes to a one-year contract, the team announced today.
Hughes (5-10, 172) originally signed as a free agent with the New Orleans Saints on May 9, 2006 . He attended the team’s training camp but was waived prior to the regular season.
Hughes, who played collegiately at Virginia , will be one of five Steelers players allocated to NFL Europa, joining wide receiver Gerran Walker, safety Grant Mason and linebackers Derek Rehage and Richard Koonce.

mikehop05
02-14-2007, 01:10 AM

PITTSBURGH — The Pittsburgh Steelers signed first-year kicker Connor Hughes to a one-year contract, the team announced today.
Hughes (5-10, 172) originally signed as a free agent with the New Orleans Saints on May 9, 2006 . He attended the team’s training camp but was waived prior to the regular season.
Hughes, who played collegiately at Virginia , will be one of five Steelers players allocated to NFL Europa, joining wide receiver Gerran Walker, safety Grant Mason and linebackers Derek Rehage and Richard Koonce.

gotta start somewhere right...

JayA55
02-14-2007, 02:44 AM

exact opposite IMO, not a pass rusher and doesn't show the discipline needed for a 34

DeathbyStat
02-14-2007, 07:19 AM

Tomlin: The answer to all those questions is yes we need one; we have potential men identified. It is important. I was saying to someone the other day, if you look at the teams in the conference championship games, all of them had two backs. I’m talking about the two guys in New Orleans, the two guys in Chicago, the two guys in New England, the two guys in Indy. The last four teams had two backs who are capable of being feature-caliber backs. I think that’s just part of today’s NFL. If we’re going to be part of that mix, I think we should do the same.

Who could this "we have potential men identified" Could tomlin be speaking of us picking up TJ Ducket?

Smooth Criminal
02-14-2007, 07:42 AM
It could be a ton of people.

Could be Haynes or Davenport even. They did try to trade for Duckett last season so it could be him. Might be someone else in the draft or some FA completely off everyone's radar.

skarocksoi
02-14-2007, 08:27 AM
The guys I would be looking for in the draft are Tony Hunt in earlier rounds, Kolby Smith (the runningback from Louisville) in later rounds, and my sleeper no one has seemed to talk about, Germaine Race from Pittsburgh State. Hunt and Race seem to be straight up power runners, but Smith seemed to be a bit of a bruiser when I saw him at the Senior Bowl. I was impressed .

neko4
02-14-2007, 09:38 AM

Who could this "we have potential men identified" Could tomlin be speaking of us picking up TJ Ducket?

if we end up having two second rounds i am hoping Coach is talking about Hunt. if not i want najeh to stay around. i know a lot of you don't but i like him.

GDawg239
02-14-2007, 10:35 AM
I think a sleeper pick for running back would be nate from Hawaii i would want to see him drafted, i think we should have 2 day 1 de/lb type players and a linemen for the offensive side and a WR that can cathch and get hit in traffic, since we have fast players like Holmes, Washington and Reid, we need a player like Ward

Pittbc7
02-14-2007, 11:35 AM
Im hoping Brian Leonard is one of the guys they are looking at.

Man_Of_Steel
02-14-2007, 11:42 AM
Mike Bush

mikehop05
02-14-2007, 12:08 PM
i think it'll be somebody from the draft

neko4
02-14-2007, 12:24 PM
Mike Bush

i don't think he would be a good fit for us, yes he is 250 lbs but he is 6'3, too tall to be an absolute bruiser, can't get lower than tacklers. and i haven't really ever seen him run all that low or with too much power. but then again if he is picked up, i wouldn't be disappointed because i have faith in colbert to pick guys up that will be good for us.

mikehop05
02-14-2007, 12:29 PM
Mike Bush

i don't think he would be a good fit for us, yes he is 250 lbs but he is 6'3, too tall to be an absolute bruiser, can't get lower than tacklers. and i haven't really ever seen him run all that low or with too much power. but then again if he is picked up, i wouldn't be disappointed because i have faith in colbert to pick guys up that will be good for us.

i think hes going to be a good running back, but not really a compliment to willie...

id like hunt personally

NFLBOY
02-14-2007, 01:45 PM

exact opposite IMO, not a pass rusher and doesn't show the discipline needed for a 34 I guess you never watched him in college did you? The guy was an amazing pass rusher. The best linebacker to play college ball. If he could stay healthy, he would be great for us.

Man_Of_Steel
02-14-2007, 02:05 PM
^
Amen to that.

mikehop05
02-14-2007, 02:41 PM
anyone egetting wwasted today and saying f u to valentinesday

neko4
02-14-2007, 02:49 PM

yea prolly even though i would prefer a hole to stick it in. :shock: :lol:

mikehop05
02-14-2007, 05:03 PM

i mean we all would but hey whatever bottoms up

neko4
02-14-2007, 05:15 PM

i mean we all would but hey whatever bottoms up

cheers in an hour.

mikehop05
02-14-2007, 05:54 PM
f that i been drinkin since liek 3 today, my classes got canclled

hell yea ice / snow

JayA55
02-14-2007, 06:47 PM

exact opposite IMO, not a pass rusher and doesn't show the discipline needed for a 34 I guess you never watched him in college did you? The guy was an amazing pass rusher. The best linebacker to play college ball. If he could stay healthy, he would be great for us.

We're talking pro level now, why go off of what he did in college when there's ton of film on him in the NFL that says otherwise. Ryan Leaf was an amazing QB at the college level if you catch my drift.

JayA55
02-14-2007, 06:51 PM
Mike Bush

Pretty much the same things that were said about Brandon Jacobs. Bush is an amazing athlete and just might be worth the risk to see if he can be coached some better fundamentals. The uncoachable aspects he already has, he's a rare talent in that regard.

Mr. Stiller
02-15-2007, 04:24 AM

gotta start somewhere right...

Yep, Although I can't think of anyone that made a great pro from NFL Europe... But, there's Always is a guy around that could do great with opportunity.

Looking Closesly, he says Men. So he could be eyeing a number of guys..

Notably from FA:

TJ Duckett, Anthony Thomas, DeShaun Foster(Recently Cut)(If he can stay healthy in a reserve role, he'd be a hell of a powerback duo),

Draft: (Rounds I'd take them in)

Rd 1:

Adrian Peterson, Oklahoma

Round 2/3:

Tony Hunt, PSU

Round 3:

Dwayne Wright, Fresno State

Round 4:

Brandon Jackson, Nebraska
Chris Henry, Arizona

Round 5:

Germaine Race, Pittsburgh State
Kolby Smith, Louisville

Round 6:

Thomas Clayton, KSU
Nate Ilaoa, Hawaii
DeShawn Wynn, Florida
Ronnie McGill, UNC

Round 7/UDFA:

Danny Ware, Georgia
Curtis Brown, BYU
Justin Vincent, LSU
Alvin Banks, James Madison
Paul Mosley, Baylor
Lonta Hobbs, TCU
Jackie Battle, Houston

It could be a ton of people.

Could be Haynes or Davenport even. They did try to trade for Duckett last season so it could be him. Might be someone else in the draft or some FA completely off everyone's radar.

I'm sorry I don't have the report offhand, But I'm almost indefinitely sure that Colbert stated, there will be no pursuance of Najeh Davenport. I would've loved to take a stab at LaDell Betts... He and Willie Parker... Monstrous... But With his ability I could see Washington dealing Portis Possibly to gain additional draft picks, since they really have none... which, depending on his price... (Perhaps a draft pick we were willing to draft an RB with).. might be worth it. Also, Rumors state Buffalo is looking to off injury Ridden Willis McGahee... Adrian Peterson? Marshawn Lynch?

Mike Bush

Not saying he'd be Ron Dayne per se... but realize that even behind Denvers Oline.. ones that made some of the latest draft picks, look great... Wasn't that good. A big back that doesn't run with power. I know people point to Brandon Jacobs and say "He's 6'4 and pulls it off".. yes, but Brandon also drops the shoulder and bull runs, Bush runs upright, but doesn't have the speed to be successful at it. Plus it would be difficult for him to run more compact. He's an injury waiting to happen in the pros... he might be good for a team like Denver/Houston/Atlanta/Zone Blocking teams. Because he's agile enough to make the 1-cut, but he's not fast enough for a traditional style.

We're talking pro level now, why go off of what he did in college when there's ton of film on him in the NFL that says otherwise. Ryan Leaf was an amazing QB at the college level if you catch my drift.

Exactly.. one of the most dominant college LB's of all time, he doesn't show great anything, he's behind schedule on injury rehab.. He was recently cut by a team lacking even 1 startable talent at his position.. I mean, the Giants don't have a great LB core, and even THEY didn't keep him for some reason... Also, Courtney Brown was pretty friggin dominant from that same PSU defense, and he got basically kicked out of Cleveland, and he went BEFORE Arrington. Not to mention he's a distraction.

Mike Bush

Pretty much the same things that were said about Brandon Jacobs. Bush is an amazing athlete and just might be worth the risk to see if he can be coached some better fundamentals. The uncoachable aspects he already has, he's a rare talent in that regard.

Theres 2 differences.

1) Brandon Jacobs displayed much more power running in college.
2) Brandon Jacobs was a 4th rounder... Bush recovering from broken ankle, is a 1st/2nd rounder. If Bush was a 4th rounder? I'd be much more open minded.

Mr. Stiller
02-15-2007, 04:34 AM
Two new FA's just hit the market!!

DeShaun Foster and Mike Rucker..

Rucker would be a monster playing for Haggans.

skarocksoi
02-15-2007, 08:42 AM
I dont want DeShaun Foster because he is just a Duce Staley waiting to happen. He has too much of an injury history and he'll probably get injured and just sit on the bench for most of his time here, just like Staley. I'd like a young guy we can groom and bring up for the next several years. A young guy splitting carries with Parker would significantly extend both of their careers, and keep them fresh throughout the year.

As for Mike Bush, I have to agree that I don't think he will be a very good power runningback in our system. He could easily do well in the ZBS, but he doesn't run with the power that we would need. He's really just a big guy with good speed who can cut. I wouldn't be suprised to see him go to Denver.

mikehop05
02-15-2007, 01:11 PM
what does everyone think of scott having us take kalil in rd 2?

i like it more than blalock, kalil can play center/guard... exactly what we need

and id rather addresse our power back in the draft, not FA... only guy id maybe want is duckett... if he gets his act together

mikehop05
02-15-2007, 01:12 PM
I dont want DeShaun Foster because he is just a Duce Staley waiting to happen. He has too much of an injury history and he'll probably get injured and just sit on the bench for most of his time here, just like Staley. I'd like a young guy we can groom and bring up for the next several years. A young guy splitting carries with Parker would significantly extend both of their careers, and keep them fresh throughout the year.

As for Mike Bush, I have to agree that I don't think he will be a very good power runningback in our system. He could easily do well in the ZBS, but he doesn't run with the power that we would need. He's really just a big guy with good speed who can cut. I wouldn't be suprised to see him go to Denver.

i agree, foster is too much of a libaility

Man_Of_Steel
02-15-2007, 02:22 PM
who was it that said Simmons could move to center.
Any word on this lately

Man_Of_Steel
02-15-2007, 02:43 PM
With Jamal Lewis about to be cut, does anyone think the Steelers will make a run for him. I know the Steelers never make a splash in FA(05-C. Wilson, 06- Ryan Clark were the biggest each year) but what about Jamal.

DeathbyStat
02-15-2007, 02:44 PM
What one cheap free agent that will have little or no impact will we sign?

The last three years the steelers have signed one cheap free agent(I know they have signed more but I just mean the note worthy ones.) that had minial or little impact.

2004-Deuce Staley

2005-Cedric Wilson

2006-Ryan Clark

Who will the guy be this year.

skarocksoi
02-15-2007, 03:04 PM
I just heard on outside the lines that Cowher has signed a contract to be a sports analyst with CBS for this next year. So we wont be seeing him anytime next year as a head coach. I dont know how long the contract is for, but it could keep him busy and out of coaching for a couple of years.

Mr. Stiller
02-15-2007, 03:48 PM
With Jamal Lewis about to be cut, does anyone think the Steelers will make a run for him. I know the Steelers never make a splash in FA(05-C. Wilson, 06- Ryan Clark were the biggest each year) but what about Jamal.

I doubt it, I believe he talked to Colbert, during his last FA term, and we expressed no intrest (In fact I remember the quote "Don't even bother calling").

What one cheap free agent that will have little or no impact will we sign?

The last three years the steelers have signed one cheap free agent(I know they have signed more but I just mean the note worthy ones.) that had minial or little impact.

2004-Deuce Staley

2005-Cedric Wilson

2006-Ryan Clark

Who will the guy be this year.

That was with Cowher, who knows what Tomlin will do. Some people say he's probably interested in signing either EJ Henderson, or Napoleon Harris.. or both. Which.. To play in Pittsburgh/With Tomlin, might come cheaper to us, if he had as much of an impact on the character of that defense, as we've been reading.

mikehop05
02-15-2007, 04:13 PM
asa umd guy id love for e.j. to come here

mikehop05
02-15-2007, 04:20 PM
we sign tight end Tim Euhus!!!!

huge news.

:roll:

neko4
02-15-2007, 04:43 PM

huge news.

the next Gates!!! YES!!

mikehop05
02-15-2007, 04:48 PM

huge news.

the next Gates!!! YES!!

now he just has to get faster, stronger, more athletic, and well, blacker

neko4
02-15-2007, 11:02 PM
cowher joins CBS, cements that he won't be coach for atleast two years.

mikehop05
02-15-2007, 11:56 PM

i think we should get some picks for cowher going to CBS

at least a 3rd rounder

neko4
02-16-2007, 12:45 AM

i think we should get some picks for cowher going to CBS

at least a 3rd rounder

couldn't agree with you more.

ok so i know this is team discussion but i am getting in the mood of playing gear of war and it's always awesome when i play with a steelers fan so if any of yous play it and want to play it tomorrow let me know. my gamertag is exactly this: terribletowel39

JayA55
02-16-2007, 02:34 AM
what does everyone think of scott having us take kalil in rd 2?

i like it more than blalock, kalil can play center/guard... exactly what we need

and id rather addresse our power back in the draft, not FA... only guy id maybe want is duckett... if he gets his act together

I think RG is a bigger need, plus we still don't have our RB, so I'm not a huge fan of that pick for us. I like Kalil, just not for us.

Fickdog
02-16-2007, 08:28 AM
EJ Henderson got an extension from Minnesota, seems to be conflicting info on Harris, but I think he is an RFA with one year left on a contract(like Starks) , so it will depend on what the Vikings do first, may be a possibility with Greenway ready to step in.

That was with Cowher, who knows what Tomlin will do. Some people say he's probably interested in signing either EJ Henderson, or Napoleon Harris.. or both. Which.. To play in Pittsburgh/With Tomlin, might come cheaper to us, if he had as much of an impact on the character of that defense, as we've been reading.[/quote]

DeathbyStat
02-16-2007, 09:02 AM
EJ Henderson got an extension from Minnesota, seems to be conflicting info on Harris, but I think he is an RFA with one year left on a contract(like Starks) , so it will depend on what the Vikings do first, may be a possibility with Greenway ready to step in.

That was with Cowher, who knows what Tomlin will do. Some people say he's probably interested in signing either EJ Henderson, or Napoleon Harris.. or both. Which.. To play in Pittsburgh/With Tomlin, might come cheaper to us, if he had as much of an impact on the character of that defense, as we've been reading.[/quote]

These guys aren't good player anyway I don't think we want them at all.

DeathbyStat
02-16-2007, 09:04 AM
As far as management style with Tomlin over Cowher I don't think it will change much as I'm better sure Tomlin and Colbert have a 50/50 relationship as far personal, as Cowher had with Colbert.

CDub
02-16-2007, 01:16 PM
Stiller- I think it will cost too much to go after Betts because I believe he signed a new 5 yr deal this past season.

Also, where are you guys getting the info on DeShaun Foster and Mike Rucker being released because I can't find anything. Thnx

CDub
02-16-2007, 01:28 PM
As far as the management styles regarding offseason activity I don't see there being much of a change in the way we operate bacause Colbert is still just as involved as he was with Cowher. That basically means don't expect much.

Same thing goes for the draft, I wouldn't expect us to do anything out of our traditional routine, that being primarily going with the BPA (I know many of you don't like that style) and making trades sparingly.

If Tomlin decides to make the shift to the Tampa 2 (aka the Steel Curtain) I believe it would be a very gradual shift. What I am actually expecting (and really hoping for) is that we become a hybrid in the likes of NE and BAL, though BAL is less of a hybrid and more of an adaptation of the 4-3 with more LB blitzes. I feel that with Mike and Dick working together we could see some very innovative stuff, maybe like a Tampa 3-4 :D

Smooth Criminal
02-16-2007, 03:15 PM
who was it that said Simmons could move to center.
Any word on this lately

They tried it at camp and in the preseason when Okobi went down and he sucked at it.

neko4
02-16-2007, 04:26 PM
does anyone know when the first mini camp will be held?? has he announced when it will be, don't we get an extra one cuz of coach tomlin??

mikehop05
02-16-2007, 05:09 PM
does anyone know when the first mini camp will be held?? has he announced when it will be, don't we get an extra one cuz of coach tomlin??

we have an extra week, im not sure if its because we play 5 pre seasons games, or because we have a new coach

neko4
02-16-2007, 05:35 PM

we have an extra week, im not sure if its because we play 5 pre seasons games, or because we have a new coach

we have an extra week of training camp because of the extra game but we have an extra mini camp because of the new coach, i was just wondering if it has been announced when it would be.

Smooth Criminal
02-17-2007, 08:07 AM

we have an extra week of training camp because of the extra game but we have an extra mini camp because of the new coach, i was just wondering if it has been announced when it would be.

Nope they havn't announced the date yet.

GDawg239
02-18-2007, 12:07 AM
is it nessecary to play an extra game, i mean unless all the backups and rookiese are going to start that whole game or anyone, i dont want to see a starter get injured, like portis last year, it was a minor injury but it runied his season, and then he got injured again wiht a broken hand

mikehop05
02-18-2007, 12:21 AM
is it nessecary to play an extra game, i mean unless all the backups and rookiese are going to start that whole game or anyone, i dont want to see a starter get injured, like portis last year, it was a minor injury but it runied his season, and then he got injured again wiht a broken hand

the extra game is meaningless really

Mr. Stiller
02-18-2007, 04:21 AM
It's the Hall of Fame game.

However I'm really thinking... if we Go Tampa 2... We could really really use a guy like Alan Branch moreso than Okobi.

Alan Branch could be a dominating force in the DE spot in the 3-4 and even more monstrous next to casey Hampton.

Rebuilding the Steel Curtain.. We need a Mean Joe Green...

he's the closest to that level in this draft

neko4
02-18-2007, 02:36 PM

However I'm really thinking... if we Go Tampa 2... We could really really use a guy like Alan Branch moreso than Okobi.

Alan Branch could be a dominating force in the DE spot in the 3-4 and even more monstrous next to casey Hampton.

what about carriker?? while i love branch i doubt he has a shot at being on the board at 15 and carriker might not be on it either at 15 after the combine. if carriker could put on 15-20 lbs and still be as athletic and quick and powerful as he is now, i think he could be just as good as branch. and he could do inside and outside for us as well. just a thought.

mikehop05
02-18-2007, 04:22 PM

what about carriker?? while i love branch i doubt he has a shot at being on the board at 15 and carriker might not be on it either at 15 after the combine. if carriker could put on 15-20 lbs and still be as athletic and quick and powerful as he is now, i think he could be just as good as branch. and he could do inside and outside for us as well. just a thought.

carriker is a really interesting prospect because he can play 3 positions...
De/DT/OLB (in a 3- 4)

it all depends on what weight he is really

GDawg239
02-18-2007, 07:18 PM
dont u think its kinda of pushing it him playing olb
de dt yeah but if he loose a good amount of weight and suddenly becomes pretty fast then i would say yes to olb

Smooth Criminal
02-18-2007, 09:46 PM

carriker is a really interesting prospect because he can play 3 positions...
De/DT/OLB (in a 3- 4)

it all depends on what weight he is really

280 pound guys usually don't play linebacker.

His best fit is a 3-4 DE IMO. I think we need to get a guy that can play in both the 4-3 and 3-4. Either Moss who would play OLB and DE or Carriker who plays DE in both.

Smooth Criminal
02-18-2007, 09:48 PM

We'd have to trade up to get Branch. Okeye or Carriker are much more likely to fall low enough for us to make a move to get.

mikehop05
02-18-2007, 11:23 PM
yeah my bad i didnt realize how heavy carriker was

but he can still play 3 - 4 end or 4 - 3 tackle

Mr. Stiller
02-19-2007, 05:39 AM
I'm really Wary on Carriker.

I love the guys Measureables... 6'8 280-300lbs.

But honestly, point me to any site that says he's a dominant end. he had a solid Week in Senior bowl practices, but he again disappeared in the game.

To be honest, we don't necesarily need first round lineman to be dominant.. I mean hell.. Only 1st day lineman on defense is Casey Hampton... Keisel and Smith are dominant.

I agree depth is a need, but I don't think Carriker is strong enough to play UT in a 4-3 as Keisel/Smith could and excel... He would get pushed out of the play even worse than he does at DE. A man of his size/speed and strength should be more than Dominant. Why the hell is he jumping so much when a guy who was more impressive in GAMES than Senior Bowl Practice is falling to the 2nd or 3rd round.

Carriker at best would be on my board for a 3rd rounder. There's potential, but I believe he's going to be another workout warrior/ Practice King that never translates it on the field.

Right now my first round board is:

Calvin Johnson
Jamaal Anderson
Alan Branch
Joe Thomas
Gaines Adams
Levi Brown
Darrelle Revis
Jarvis Moss
Amobi Okoye
Charles Johnson
Robert Meachem
Reggie Nelson
Sidney Rice
Leon Hall
Lawrence Timmons
David Harris
Patrick Willis
Paul Posluszny

I'm not a fan of Willis I'll admit. He's been ok, but I think David Harris will be the better pro.

I might do a mock later today.

Perhaps.. Maybe about 8 Mocks. With a different theme. No trades. And all consider we keep starks.

Later

Fickdog
02-19-2007, 07:10 AM
Carriker was measured at 6' 5" 7/8 292. He did not disappear in the game(unlike Q. Moses), was only overshadowed by guys who got sacks unblocked(Thanks to Joe Staley). The game was a horrible way to judge people with the modified rules( again how did Joe Staley not know who to block??) Gruden and Nolan both singled him out as a standout and said he could easily play 4-3 end, 3-4 end, and 3 technique UT. Aaron Smith is very solid but will be free agent next year and is currently one of our highest paid players. Carriker seems to me to be a better fit for the Steelers at 15 then anyone else at this point.

BTW, I thought you did a pretty good job with a mock for the Lions.

DeathbyStat
02-19-2007, 08:38 AM
Who is better Charles Johnson are Jarvis Moss?

Fickdog
02-19-2007, 11:33 AM
I'd say that they are similar values at this point (late round 1/ early round 2), though Moss could put up good combine numbers and move up. Johnson is probably more of a 4-3 end, where Moss is lighter, faster, and looks like 3-4 LB conversion 'project'. Moss was suspended from Florida for drug use, so I'd doubt the Steelers touch him.

DeathbyStat
02-19-2007, 12:03 PM
I'd say that they are similar values at this point (late round 1/ early round 2), though Moss could put up good combine numbers and move up. Johnson is probably more of a 4-3 end, where Moss is lighter, faster, and looks like 3-4 LB conversion 'project'. Moss was suspended from Florida for drug use, so I'd doubt the Steelers touch him.

That sucks I really wanted this guy. Those issues could really hurt his chances of the steelers drafting him.

Fickdog
02-19-2007, 12:54 PM
You never know, Meyer would not confirm it was for drugs, but usually if they won't say it woes not drugs, then it is.

mikehop05
02-19-2007, 01:35 PM
yeah, i really am not sold on either of those guys anyways...

i really wanna see the combine and compare that to the players games in season

mikehop05
02-19-2007, 02:20 PM
good writeup on Taylor, hopefull this translates into success

http://news.steelers.com/article/74066/

steel man
02-19-2007, 03:32 PM
did you guys hear that the Bears WILL NOT renew Rivera's contract why dont we sign him as an assnt. to Dick L. and that way when he retires and if we are going to go to the "cover 2" then who else would be better than him, plus we would have 2 of the 3 coaches we wanted for HC + Dick L..... i can dream Right ?

neko4
02-19-2007, 04:34 PM
Right now my first round board is:

Calvin Johnson
Jamaal Anderson
Alan Branch
Joe Thomas
Gaines Adams
Levi Brown
Darrelle Revis
Jarvis Moss
Amobi Okoye
Charles Johnson
Robert Meachem
Reggie Nelson
Sidney Rice
Leon Hall
Lawrence Timmons
David Harris
Patrick Willis
Paul Posluszny

how does sidney rice go ahead of dwanye bowe, i don't feel like starting a dwayne bowe argument but come on atleast put jarrett ahead of bowe as he is the only one remotely close to him.

good writeup on Taylor, hopefull this translates into success

http://news.steelers.com/article/74066/

yea i hope that means he will come back to his 05' form, dominating CJ and whatnot.

did you guys hear that the Bears WILL NOT renew Rivera's contract why dont we sign him as an assnt. to Dick L. and that way when he retires and if we are going to go to the "cover 2" then who else would be better than him, plus we would have 2 of the 3 coaches we wanted for HC + Dick L..... i can dream Right ?

yes you can dream. that would be sweet shiz.

yeah, i really am not sold on either of those guys anyways...

i really wanna see the combine and compare that to the players games in season

i have decided that i want either Moss or Carriker in the first unless by some strange phenomenon someone amazing falls into our gullet. (this one guy did a mock that had AD falling to us.)

JayA55
02-19-2007, 04:39 PM

I doubt if he goes from potential HC/D coord to assistant. I'm sure some team will offer him a better title than that.

mikehop05
02-19-2007, 04:52 PM

I doubt if he goes from potential HC/D coord to assistant. I'm sure some team will offer him a better title than that.

yeah plus too many people with such a high regards of themselves in such a high position is bad for the team

i couldnt see them all geling

steel man
02-19-2007, 07:21 PM
what i was trying to say was asst. HC., but it really does not matter anyway because we will not get him anyway. think of him going to us(Pittsburgh) or Dallas with all of the great players on DEF on both teams.

Man_Of_Steel
02-19-2007, 09:22 PM
Whats the deal with Kenny Irons, during the season he was projected as a first rounder and now hes looking like a third rounder. Why's he slipping.

BillsFan1991
02-19-2007, 09:58 PM
What's up, Steeler Fans, I got a question:
Since I'm using the Steelers in a draft game, would you trade a 4th rounder for Jamal Lewis? I know he may hit FA in real life, but there is no FA and I know Pitt may end up using a 2nd/3rd on a RB to complement Willie.
What do you think?

Man_Of_Steel
02-19-2007, 10:04 PM
Im not sure of his contract but for a forth def yes.

mikehop05
02-19-2007, 11:09 PM
Since I'm using the Steelers in a draft game, would you trade a 4th rounder for Jamal Lewis? I know he may hit FA in real life, but there is no FA and I know Pitt may end up using a 2nd/3rd on a RB to complement Willie.
What do you think?

no, he is past his prime, he tip toes through holes, no... just, i wouldnt

neko4
02-19-2007, 11:30 PM
Whats the deal with Kenny Irons, during the season he was projected as a first rounder and now hes looking like a third rounder. Why's he slipping.

did you ask this on a thread a few days ago?? if not sorry, i like him, for only weighing 200lbs he is might durable and he can hit. watching SEC and an LSU fan, all i know is that both times he played against LSU, he dominated 200+ yrds i believe and LSU has one of the best defenses in the nation. but as far as for us, no, the guy that compliments willie doesn't need to weigh less than him.

neko4
02-19-2007, 11:32 PM
What do you think?

yes i would take him for a fourth. most def.

mike even if he does tip toe through holes, thats why we would pick him up, because we know he can bring it, and we would be able to bring that back out of him. yes we would take him for a fourth.

Hines
02-19-2007, 11:46 PM
he sure didnt tip toe against us
he killed us
do it

Hines
02-19-2007, 11:50 PM
lookin at the olb fa
i like shaun phillips
we could give up a 3rd for him
and get him hopefully

and tully bunta-cain