PDA

View Full Version : How do they measure arm's and hands?

Bobo
05-06-2007, 09:16 PM
They measure them at the combine, but where exactly are the measurements? Someone told me the arm is different from how boxer's are measured, however that is.

I thought the hand would be from the point where the wrist and hand meet, to the end of the middle finger. But it seems like I saw someone getting measured with their hand spread open like to palm a basketball.

Anyone know for sure? Thanks.

Staubach12
05-06-2007, 10:03 PM
Tip of thumb to end of pinkey I believe on the hand.

bored of education
05-06-2007, 10:04 PM
with a ruler.

JT Jag
05-06-2007, 10:58 PM
The Imperial Measurement System.

RMoss84
05-06-2007, 11:25 PM
with a ruler.Good Joke I bet no one else thought of that one. Very original.

wogitalia
05-07-2007, 02:52 AM
with a ruler.

Far more likely to be tape actually ;)

I imagine the hand is done in the conventional way which is from the tip of the thumb to either the tip of the pinky or tip of the ring finger. I've seen both used but the pinky is the norm(I measure better on the ring, not sure if thats the norm or not). Not sure on arm, can be done in many ways. Most normal would be from armpit to either tip of middle finger or wrist. That will be shorter than if you do top of shoulder to whichever. Can also do a wingspan and then discount the body width. I know the NBA uses wingspan, which is standing with both arms out, tape from middle to middle.

lod01
05-09-2007, 09:20 AM
Tip of thumb to end of pinkey I believe on the hand.

I don't believe that to be correct or I have the same size hands as Calvin Johnson. I don't. I believe it to be wrist to end of middle finger.

lod01
05-09-2007, 09:23 AM
Also, if Jacoby Jones' numbers are correct on NFL.com. His hand size of 7 1/2" is VERY small. Comparatively, JL. Higgins 9 5/8" at 6'0" is HUGE.