PDA

View Full Version : Rhett Bomar, QB, Sam Houston State

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
05-07-2007, 08:55 AM
I was reading another thread this morning about someone saying their school had a stud QB named Bomar, and that sparked my memory of him being booted out of the Oklahoma program. I remember that he was a very high recruit coming out of high school. What are the chances that Bomar gets drafted or makes it back to the NFL?

Nightmares Win 6-0
05-07-2007, 09:01 AM
much better than the chances that josh mccown will (he was drafted in the 3rd out of shsu back in 2002)...

i think he has what it takes to be at least a second round pick in 2009...he has everything in terms of measurables...

Jimmy
05-07-2007, 09:13 AM
He is really going to scare some teams away if he plays like he did at OU. I'm not saying he was awful there, but he wasn't great. Now that he has the S.O.S. that he does, his stats should go way up, and if he fails to impress, he won't get looked at and will slip.

dabears10
05-07-2007, 10:00 AM
He was a freshman...

HuskerNation
05-07-2007, 12:35 PM
Call me crazy, but I could see him putting up McNair like college numbers over the next two years and being a 1st rounder. The guy has all the talent in the world.

iowatreat54
05-07-2007, 01:15 PM
I think he has a real good shot at NFL...I mean let's face it, if he was still at Oklahoma he would prolly be mentioned as a top 5 QB this year if he had a average-good year last year...and the fact that he got booted from Oklahoma for a ridiculous reason, although it was a violation of the rules so you can't really argue...it doesn't really doesn't take away from his talent and it's not like he has character issues...so as long as he has semi-huge rest of his career he will get drafted easily

P-L
05-07-2007, 01:52 PM
He was the #1 rated QB coming out of HS. He started out slow at Oklahoma but by the end of his first season he really started showing some promise. I really don't think he has any chance of being a high draft pick, but I do think he has a future in the NFL.

princefielder28
05-07-2007, 02:47 PM
He was the #1 rated QB coming out of HS. He started out slow at Oklahoma but by the end of his first season he really started showing some promise. I really don't think he has any chance of being a high draft pick, but I do think he has a future in the NFL.

He'll certainly make it in the NFL given his skill set. Whether he'll be a starting caliber QB will have to be seen down the raod but he definitely can be in the NFL in the future.

Brent
05-07-2007, 10:02 PM
He is going to put up ridiculous numbers there, I used to attend SHSU, all they do is pass, pass, pass and pass some more.

OhioState
05-08-2007, 11:08 AM
he was supposed to be the next coming at OU so i can see him doing great at Sam Houston