PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bills Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

SuperKevin
09-28-2008, 07:17 PM
James Hardy isn't an NFL caliber receiver right now. He can't run routes and doesn't know how to use his body and get position on a DB. He is still a huge project.

The defense couldn't wrap up on SJax, but outside of that the pass defense wasn't too bad.

The offensive line was the worst its been all year, but got better in the fourth quarter when we were running the ball. I didn't really pay attention to Jason Peters after he went out, did he ever come back into the game?

I think that losing Roscoe hurt our passing game more than you guys were expecting it to earlier in this thread. Roscoe is good for a few short pickups a game and a couple first downs. Hardy doesn't give us that.

Beast Mode wins games.

Granted Hardy doesn't fill the role that Roscoe did but Fred Jackson and Josh Reed are more than capable of filling it.

Leon Sandcastle
09-29-2008, 02:38 AM
A W is a W. We need to start games better and our Offensive Line needs to play a lot better than they've had.

Protection has been sketchy the past couple of games and Trent Edwards has been getting hit and hit. He's a guy with durability concerns as well, so this needs to get taken care of.

The run blocking has been horrible. It was average last year and I thought it was because they're were still feeling each other out but they've gotten worse.

Marshawn Lynch takes way too many hits in the backfield but because of his drive he hardly goes down. With the way he plays and the way the line run blocks he's not going to last much longer.

If our O-line steps up, we can take that next step.

Leon Sandcastle
09-29-2008, 02:39 AM
Seemed to me we were forcing the issue with James Hardy the first two drives. He's not ready right now. Luckily we haven't had to rely on him with Josh Reed, Roscoe Parrish and Fred Jackson stepping up but we invested a lot into him. He's going to need to get better and quickly.

Rob S
09-29-2008, 10:29 PM
by the way, lets keep it on the DL, but Ko Simpson is a stud. He has quietly locking down his side of the field. Between him and Donte, we are set at S for 6-10 years.

SuperKevin
09-29-2008, 10:41 PM
by the way, lets keep it on the DL, but Ko Simpson is a stud. He has quietly locking down his side of the field. Between him and Donte, we are set at S for 6-10 years.

Agreed. Our depth is solid behind them as well

SuperKevin
09-30-2008, 09:19 PM
I think if Anquan Boldin is out for Sunday's game then we have a strong chance of going 5-0. If he plays, I don't think we have the ability to contain Boldin, Fitzgerald, and now Steve Breaston.

Iamcanadian
09-30-2008, 11:10 PM
Whether Bolden plays or not, it will be a tough game on the road. It is a must win game for Arizona and they will come out determined to beat us. We will have to play well if we want to win. I expect a close game that won't be decided till late in the 4th quarter.

SuperMcGee
10-01-2008, 09:28 AM
Whether Bolden plays or not, it will be a tough game on the road. It is a must win game for Arizona and they will come out determined to beat us. We will have to play well if we want to win. I expect a close game that won't be decided till late in the 4th quarter.

Then I like our odds

TheBuffaloBills
10-01-2008, 07:11 PM
I think Bolden is not going to play.

SuperMcGee
10-02-2008, 04:42 PM
Evans signed!

WOOOOOOOO!!!!

TheBuffaloBills
10-02-2008, 05:36 PM
Cosign,

yep

SuperKevin
10-02-2008, 05:38 PM
A step in the right direction for this teams future

Rob S
10-02-2008, 08:36 PM
good job......a little much, but all contracts are nowadays. He would have got more as a FA, so I am happy.

PackerLegend
10-02-2008, 11:38 PM
I am happy Lee Evans is on a team like the Bills who I don't mind. Seeing as hes one of a few good Wisconsin pros. I like that you guys are doing great as well. Just win the division and beat the Pats *** when you play them. kthxbye

bored of education
10-03-2008, 11:33 AM
Lee Evans is an amazing receiver and it seems the chemistry between him and Edwards has progressed. I look forward to seeing their relationship grow.

TheBuffaloBills
10-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Yeah, all we need to do now is lock up Trent.

SuperKevin
10-03-2008, 07:31 PM
Yeah, all we need to do now is lock up Trent.

As happy as I am with Trent's progression so far, I'm hesitant to lock him up long term as of right now. His arm is a tad weaker than I'd like

Rob S
10-04-2008, 10:14 AM
As happy as I am with Trent's progression so far, I'm hesitant to lock him up long term as of right now. His arm is a tad weaker than I'd like

yeah, but the longer we wait, the higher the contract goes if he continues to improve.......it is a tough spot. I think, if he plays well all year and we make the playoffs, we should at least have some discussions.

Bills2083
10-04-2008, 10:27 AM
yeah, but the longer we wait, the higher the contract goes if he continues to improve.......it is a tough spot. I think, if he plays well all year and we make the playoffs, we should at least have some discussions.

I agree.
While Edwards might not have the strongest arm, he shows poise in the pocket. And you cant forget him being pretty clutch this season. He shows leadership too. Don't forget his accuracy. ;)

He can improve on his arm strength. If he has a great season this year, we should start contract talks...

Rob S
10-04-2008, 12:47 PM
I am pretty nervous for this game. Cards are legit (I think). If we play like we have the past 2 weeks, we will be in trouble. Hopefully we go out and make a statement, but I am 50/50 about us winning this one.

SuperKevin
10-04-2008, 12:48 PM
I am pretty nervous for this game. Cards are legit (I think). If we play like we have the past 2 weeks, we will be in trouble. Hopefully we go out and make a statement, but I am 50/50 about us winning this one.

Pretty much sums up exactly how I feel about the game

dunagan15
10-04-2008, 04:19 PM

Ill trade a weaker arm for better accuracy any day. Just look at what Drew Brees has done this season. Im not saying Trent is Brees and any way, but he throws a very accurate ball.

I really like the Bills chances in this game. The Cards are still the Cards. Ya they have a lot of athletes on offense but for the most part the Bills D has been solid when need be. Ko and Whitner will play well and we will get to the QB, Warner is about as mobile as a snail an escalator, so I expect to be hitting him all day. Lets ride this momentum train as long as we can...str8 into the playoffs.

Rob S
10-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Here we go.....almost game time!

fischbowl
10-05-2008, 03:12 PM
Got my Mister Pizza ready, got a 24 pack of Blues, got some vinegar chips, going to be a great day I can see it now

fischbowl
10-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Holy ****, this can't be good. Trent down

fischbowl
10-05-2008, 03:29 PM
Looks like I'm pounding these beers faster than I originally anticipated

SuperKevin
10-05-2008, 04:04 PM
I hope Edwards isn't hurt too badly but at least we have the best backup QB in the league in JP Losman

SuperKevin
10-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Lee Evans is earning every penny of his big new contract

SuperKevin
10-05-2008, 04:38 PM
Worst defensive outing of the season thus far. We can't stop anyone

Bills2083
10-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Wow, Kurt Warner is such a warrior.
[/sarcasm off]

I honestly cannot say that I remember the Bills blitzing in the 2nd quarter. No Blitz = No Pressure = Conversions for Arizona.

In the game vs. St.Louis, they weren't blitzing. They sucked. Then, they started blitzing, forcing stops, getting the ball back in the offense's hands. And we won.

I dont see why they're not blitzing.
http://www.regnordman.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/pulling-out-hair.jpg

SuperKevin
10-05-2008, 05:21 PM
Wow. I'm starting to get scared about our upcoming games with the Jets. If we play like this Favre will torch us

dunagan15
10-05-2008, 05:23 PM
gonna need another huge 4th quarter.

SuperKevin
10-05-2008, 05:23 PM
gonna need another huge 4th quarter.

Won't happen. We might be down 21 at that point.

SuperKevin
10-05-2008, 05:38 PM
So much for JP Losman earning that starting job back. 2 2nd half fumbles killed us

SuperMcGee
10-05-2008, 05:50 PM
So much for JP Losman earning that starting job back. 2 2nd half fumbles killed us

I blame the first fumble more on Marshawn. 2nd one was terrible, waited so long and just had it knocked away. Now he's just getting sacked immediately.

SuperKevin
10-05-2008, 05:51 PM
Thank god we have the bye week to pull our heads out of our asses.

TheBuffaloBills
10-05-2008, 06:00 PM
Any new news on Trent? I know its a concussion, but I dont know the seriousness.

SuperKevin
10-05-2008, 06:03 PM
Any new news on Trent? I know its a concussion, but I dont know the seriousness.

Well we have the bye week coming up so it'll be 2 weeks until he has to play. He should be fine by then

BufFan71
10-05-2008, 07:16 PM
god, we looked aweful

i wont be wearing my bills jersy for a few weeks now

SuperKevin
10-05-2008, 07:22 PM
I knew it'd be a tough game on the road but I thought our defense would play a lot better than they did. I didn't get to watch the game but based on the ease they threw the ball you'd swear we played 5 yards off on every play

Bills2083
10-05-2008, 08:28 PM
I knew it'd be a tough game on the road but I thought our defense would play a lot better than they did. I didn't get to watch the game but based on the ease they threw the ball you'd swear we played 5 yards off on every play

We constantly rushed 4 players, and played 8 yards off the receivers.
Something doesn't seem right here...
Sometimes I really dont understand the coaching staff.

SuperMcGee
10-05-2008, 08:39 PM

On that note, why didn't we challenge the Royal fumble?

SuperKevin
10-05-2008, 08:40 PM
I've come to the conclusion that the coaching staff didn't want us to go into the bye week over confident so they decided to keep us grounded by tanking this game

dunagan15
10-05-2008, 10:11 PM
this one got ugly, it seemed like the D just gave up

fenikz
10-06-2008, 02:01 PM
We constantly rushed 4 players, and played 8 yards off the receivers.
Something doesn't seem right here...

ya, it wasn't a good game plan, Warner looks like an MVP when he isn't pressured, but if you blitz him and start to hit him he has outings like last week vs the Jets

you guys did end up blitzing quite a few times when we ran some delays at the beginning of the 4th

Bills2083
10-06-2008, 02:17 PM
ya, it wasn't a good game plan, Warner looks like an MVP when he isn't pressured, but if you blitz him and start to hit him he has outings like last week vs the Jets

you guys did end up blitzing quite a few times when we ran some delays at the beginning of the 4th

That's what I was saying the whole game.
Warner is not a very mobile QB. If you get pressure on him, he's most likely not going to scramble for a big gain. Make him stay in the pocket and force a bad decision. If you get no pressure on him, you allow for him to pick your defense apart. This is exactly what happened yesterday. http://draftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon13.gif

Iamcanadian
10-07-2008, 11:56 AM
The result was expected by me. Arizona was embarrassed by the Jets last week so you knew that they would be fired up against Buffalo at home.
Buffalo is still in the learning stages and hasn't faced winning consistently on the road so we are going to fail every so often. It sure didn't help that Edwards got hurt.
Anybody who thinks Arizona isn't a decent team especially at home is ridiculous. They like Buffalo have yet to learn how to play consistently on the road but at home they are a good football team and beating them wasn't going to be easy.
I don't think the game plan beat us, I think the intensity of the Arizona players surprised the Buffalo players who simply are just learning what to expect on the road as a winning team. It is all new to them and is just something they need to learn.

Leon Sandcastle
10-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Tough loss. Bad coaching. No adjustments.

Still felt like if Edwards played the whole game it would be a different outcome but the Defense didn't show up which makes me a little worried.

Hopefully Edwards is back in time for the Chargers and we're fired up and ready to go against a pretty talented team.

SuperKevin
10-08-2008, 08:23 PM
I'm really conflicted right now. I hate the Patriots but I am almost rooting for them to win against the Chargers this Sunday because I'd rather the Chargers continue to have this losing momentum going into our game. Let them keep second guessing themselves and feeling underconfident.

SuperKevin
10-09-2008, 11:59 PM
Anyone else bored and not interested in the NFL this week since it's the bye week?

fischbowl
10-10-2008, 01:14 AM
Anyone else bored and not interested in the NFL this week since it's the bye week?

Eh, I still have to pick a team for Survivor.

2 years undefeated

Bills2083
10-10-2008, 06:39 AM

yes.... but I have enough work to get me through it http://draftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon13.gif

SuperMcGee
10-10-2008, 03:49 PM

The lack of interest in the NFL, yeah. But Sabres start up this weekend so it's balancing out in the homeland.

Chucky
10-12-2008, 03:47 PM
Going to the game next week!!! Going to be doing some major tailgating before the game.

BufFan71
10-12-2008, 07:38 PM
yeah, i hate bye-weeks

thank god the AZ-Dal game was good, because i was bored of the NFL w/o the bills

SuperKevin
10-13-2008, 01:30 PM
Man I wish the Chargers didn't look so dominant against the Patriots. I'm really worried about the game this Sunday. I'd hate to have a two game losing streak.

TheBuffaloBills
10-14-2008, 04:51 PM
Bills traded McCargo to the Colts. Its unknown what compensation is.

SuperKevin
10-14-2008, 07:24 PM
Bills traded McCargo to the Colts. Its unknown what compensation is.

Well that sucks. I realize he's #3 on the depth chart right now but I always liked McCargo. Waste of a 1st round pick.

fischbowl
10-15-2008, 12:54 AM
Trading up for him was complete nonsense.

I remember a specific AIM convo with you Kevin in which we were talking draft, seeing we traded up with the Bears, and then put on identical away messages saying "Watching Bills Draft Winston Justice".

Oh how we were wronged

fischbowl
10-15-2008, 12:55 AM
Going to the game next week!!! Going to be doing some major tailgating before the game.

Your People aren't allowed at the Ralph.

:/

Dr. Gonzo
10-15-2008, 01:10 AM
Your People aren't allowed at the Ralph.

:/

But who doesn't love a tailgate full of bagels and dradles?

SuperKevin
10-15-2008, 07:22 PM
But who doesn't love a tailgate full of bagels and dradles?

The guys over at www.castefootball.com

SuperKevin
10-15-2008, 07:22 PM
So McCargo failed his physical and the trade got voided. Hopefully he's pissed now and plays like he has something to prove.

SuperKevin
10-17-2008, 04:26 PM
Anyone else getting really nervous about our chances against the Chargers?

SuperMcGee
10-17-2008, 05:52 PM
I just wish McGee was healthy. People barely talk about this, he's been a stud this year. Yeah, injuries to Schobel and Edwards are important, but we're kind of missing our #1 corner and he's the one that'll be out against that Philip Rivers team. That's what worries me the most.

SuperKevin
10-17-2008, 07:49 PM
Not a shock but it's comforting to know Berman has us winning 24-21. Granted that seems to be the score he picks regardless of who we play.

fischbowl
10-18-2008, 02:40 AM
I just wish McGee was healthy. People barely talk about this, he's been a stud this year. Yeah, injuries to Schobel and Edwards are important, but we're kind of missing our #1 corner and he's the one that'll be out against that Philip Rivers team. That's what worries me the most.

I've heard he's starting this weekend McGee.

SuperKevin
10-18-2008, 11:31 AM
I've heard he's starting this weekend McGee.

That would be awesome. I heard Parrish will be back too

SuperMcGee
10-18-2008, 12:39 PM
I heard McKelvin was getting the start, I don't think it's looked good for McGee's chances at playing all week.
Parrish should definitely be back.

dunagan15
10-19-2008, 05:00 PM
Wow, what a victory. Edwards was great, defense played great as well.

Leon Sandcastle
10-19-2008, 07:35 PM
Great win. Against a very good team and a W we needed before we started Divisional play.

We're leading the Division by 2 and we face the Dolphins, Jets and Patriots in the upcoming weeks.

That's a string of games that we'll have to be up and ready to play. We want to separate from the pack.

People are making a huge deal about how Barack Obama looks Presidential during the debates against John McCain.

Trent Edwards looks very Presidential. Calm, cool, composed, collected. I know Phillip Rivers, Jay Cutler, Eli Manning, Ben Rothelisberger are the young QB's that the media likes to talk about and rightfully so but I truly feel comfortable with Edwards at QB.

SuperKevin
10-19-2008, 07:39 PM
I think this win firmly establishes us as a contender in the AFC. Even though the Chargers have been down this year they have still been the best team we have played so far. I'm pretty stoked right now

Rob S
10-19-2008, 11:24 PM
im pretty stoked, that was a big statement game after getting beaten on vs the cards......the question we have to ask now tho is: Is the NFC just going to rape the AFC? I think the changing of the power conference is well underway.

Vox Populi
10-19-2008, 11:56 PM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAY.

5-1, baby. Here we come playoffs. Its been too long. I can't wait 'til Nov. 17th when I go down to the Ralph and get to watch me some Monday Night Football against the Browns. Going to be a **** show.

SuperKevin
10-20-2008, 09:06 AM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAY.

5-1, baby. Here we come playoffs. Its been too long. I can't wait 'til Nov. 17th when I go down to the Ralph and get to watch me some Monday Night Football against the Browns. Going to be a **** show.

I won't be saying playoffs just yet but it's getting pretty close to that point. We still have games a ton of "easy" games on paper though. I'm going to be happy if we get at least 5 more wins and finish 10-6. I don't forsee a 5-5 second half though

Rob S
10-20-2008, 10:19 AM
I am fine with 10-6 and a WC, but a 1st round bye is not out of reach by any means.

Leon Sandcastle
10-20-2008, 10:55 AM
I'd be extremely disappointed if our record was 10-6 or 11-5 at this point. For the first time in a long time, I feel we should and could be favored in every game.

SuperKevin
10-20-2008, 12:09 PM
I'd be extremely disappointed if our record was 10-6 or 11-5 at this point. For the first time in a long time, I feel we should and could be favored in every game.

Well New England in New England will always be tough. So will Pittsburgh and Baltimore

SuperMcGee
10-20-2008, 04:12 PM
With the start and schedule, I understand looking beyond 11-5. As a record in the broad picture, I wouldn't at all be upset with it. I mean, come on it's playoffs. But as this schedule goes by, to play as a .500 team from here on out would be very disappointing.
And we don't play Pitt or Baltimore this year, in the regular season at least.

TheBuffaloBills
10-20-2008, 06:23 PM
Hey people at the game, what did you think of Mckelvin. Pretty rough game for him. When a big play was made, it seemed like Mckelvin was responsible.

SuperMcGee
10-20-2008, 07:21 PM
Pretty much all of their big plays were on McKelvin. He wasn't Demarcus Faggins out there, but both TD and all of their big throws were on him. His performance did nothing to alleviate my fears of McGee being out, but he did look very solid in run support.

Hopefully McGee will be back this week. Luckily the Dolphins don't have any wide receivers anyway.

fischbowl
10-20-2008, 08:19 PM
Pretty much all of their big plays were on McKelvin. He wasn't Demarcus Faggins out there, but both TD and all of their big throws were on him. His performance did nothing to alleviate my fears of McGee being out, but he did look very solid in run support.

Hopefully McGee will be back this week. Luckily the Dolphins don't have any wide receivers anyway.

I agree McKelvin didn't live up to his first round standards and I said it from the beginning. DRC ,in my opinion, was a much more proven prospect.

Anywho, are you going to D4 and NOFX, McGee?

Bills2083
10-20-2008, 08:46 PM
McKelvin had a pretty bad game.
This shows that we should resign Greer in the offseason.
I dont feel comfortable with McKelvin as a starting cornerback. Yet.

SuperMcGee
10-20-2008, 09:06 PM
I agree McKelvin didn't live up to his first round standards and I said it from the beginning. DRC ,in my opinion, was a much more proven prospect.

Anywho, are you going to D4 and NOFX, McGee?

I wanted to see D4 but I've let all this time go by without doing anything about it.

fischbowl
10-21-2008, 12:19 AM
I wanted to see D4 but I've let all this time go by without doing anything about it.

Yeah, I didn't buy a ticket yet either

diabsoule
10-21-2008, 05:38 AM
What are your thoughts on Jabari Greer?

TheBuffaloBills
10-21-2008, 08:37 PM
What are your thoughts on Jabari Greer?

One of my favorite Bills. Good tackler and can make the big plays.

SuperMcGee
10-22-2008, 01:19 PM
Well McGee should be back for this one. And just in time - Pennington would've missed his favorite target. Keep throwing those outs, Chadwick.

SuperKevin
10-22-2008, 06:38 PM
This game is going to come down to whether or not we can stop Ronnie Brown.

SuperKevin
10-25-2008, 02:45 AM
Schobel is out for Sunday's game. Is Chris Ellis getting the start?

BufFan71
10-25-2008, 06:33 AM
i dont know why ellis hasnt even been activated for any game
he looked like a legit speed rusher in the pre-season

Bills2083
10-25-2008, 07:43 AM
i dont know why ellis hasnt even been activated for any game
he looked like a legit speed rusher in the pre-season

Chris Ellis was activated for the game against the Chargers. I remember seeing him on the sidelines.
He just didn't play a single down. http://draftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon13.gif

SuperMcGee
10-25-2008, 02:52 PM
Schobel is out for Sunday's game. Is Chris Ellis getting the start?

I think Denney shifts sides and plays most of the downs. Copeland Bryan plays more than Ellis, I'm pretty sure it was Bryan who fell on the game sealing fumble.

SuperKevin
10-26-2008, 11:02 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3665128

3 year extension for Dick Jauron. I'll admit when we first hired the guy I was angry.

BufFan71
10-26-2008, 06:09 PM
man, tough loss to an inferior team

SuperKevin
10-26-2008, 06:10 PM
man, tough loss to an inferior team

Miami always plays us tough in Miami

We won't really be a "playoff" team until we learn how to win on the road.

SuperKevin
10-26-2008, 07:06 PM
We need teams like Pittsburgh and New England to start losing because the only shot we have right now of winning a playoff game appears to be if we have home field advantage

Leon Sandcastle
10-26-2008, 10:02 PM
That was a sloppy, sloppy game.

I'm starting to think the RB rotation is hurting Lynch. He's obviously a guy that needs more than 13 touches and he starts to wear on opposing defenses as the game goes on but with the rotation he doesn't get into his groove which is why he isn't putting up the numbers we're accustomed to seeing.

Robert Royal hurts this team. I like Derek Schouman and Derek Fine but we really need a #1 TE this offseason.

Whether it's Jermaine Gresham or Chase Coffman in the Draft or Kellen Winslow and Ben Watson in F/A.

Rob S
10-28-2008, 10:23 AM
its really sucks losing to the fins......horribly. Only thing worse is a loss to the Jets because I'm from the city, ugh.

fischbowl
10-28-2008, 06:26 PM
I think my new sig represents my strongest sentiments

SuperMcGee
10-28-2008, 06:49 PM
Bring back the pro bowler. Or the orphan magician. Or anyone not named Ryan Neill.

Bills2083
10-28-2008, 08:38 PM
^Yeah, that.
I remember they chose Neill over Schneck because Neill had potential at DE.
That turned out well :rolleyes:

SuperKevin
10-28-2008, 08:46 PM
I miss Jon Dorenbos.

TheBuffaloBills
10-28-2008, 08:59 PM
I miss Jon Dorenbos.

Haha, remeber that segment he had on NFL Live or Espn? It was like 1 minute long, but he hammered out a few cool tricks.

Trojanback02
10-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Haha, remeber that segment he had on NFL Live or Espn? It was like 1 minute long, but he hammered out a few cool tricks.

Hah, wow I barely remember that, but yea he is my favorite long snapper of all time.

fischbowl
10-28-2008, 09:35 PM
Dorenbos was great and Schneck was even better, but after last years ghastly performance, how could our front office not have the brains to replace Neill?

SuperKevin
10-28-2008, 09:36 PM
Dorenbos was great and Schneck was even better, but after last years ghastly performance, how could our front office not have the brains to replace Neill?

He has a photo of Marv Levy stuffing a dead hooker into the trunk of a Buick LeSabre

fischbowl
10-28-2008, 09:41 PM
O that's no rumor around these parts Kevin. Many around East Buffalo have seen that '98 LeSabre with this sign in the window:

http://image.hazardstrip.com/ico/sprays/wc_dead-hooker2_2.jpg

Bills2083
10-28-2008, 09:46 PM
Fisch, great sig.
+rep for that, and being a West alum. The JV football team beat east 27-0, and Varsity won too. If they beat OP, the Blue Devils will play at the Ralph.

fischbowl
10-28-2008, 10:50 PM
Fisch, great sig.
+rep for that, and being a West alum. The JV football team beat east 27-0, and Varsity won too. If they beat OP, the Blue Devils will play at the Ralph.

Very very nice, The Quakers are a hard win surely, I'll be rooting for my Devils

fischbowl
11-03-2008, 01:06 AM
I think we are all deeply disappointed

SuperMcGee
11-03-2008, 03:40 PM
I'm just angry at this point. Teetering on depressed with Whitner hurt.

TheBuffaloBills
11-03-2008, 07:57 PM
Something has to change. I dont know what it is, but we got to make some changes......quick.

SuperKevin
11-03-2008, 08:08 PM
Trent Edwards will never gain my full support if he keeps having one COLOSSAL mistake a game. I'm starting to think we need a QB early in the draft

nrk
11-04-2008, 12:26 AM
I saw the replay of the Jets returning the int for a td (sorry to bring it up) but the hustle of Marshawn Lynch made me like him even more. His videos are hilarious and seeing that makes him one of my favorites now.

bored of education
11-04-2008, 11:47 AM
I saw the replay of the Jets returning the int for a td (sorry to bring it up) but the hustle of Marshawn Lynch made me like him even more. His videos are hilarious and seeing that makes him one of my favorites now.

He is currently my fav player in the NFL. Guy is awesome both on and off the field. His effort on the play gets noticed in my book.

Rob S
11-04-2008, 12:08 PM
Trent Edwards will never gain my full support if he keeps having one COLOSSAL mistake a game. I'm starting to think we need a QB early in the draft

dude.....the OL was utter garbage this weekend. How can u even say that. We are lucky had to composure to limit his mistakes. It seriously looked like the Texans and David Carr out there.

Bills2083
11-04-2008, 02:10 PM
dude.....the OL was utter garbage this weekend. How can u even say that. We are lucky had to composure to limit his mistakes. It seriously looked like the Texans and David Carr out there.

Our oline was supposed to be one of the best with the additions of Walker and Dockery. They look like **** right now.
We have the biggest line in the league, and we can't even convert on a friggen 4th and 1. Just lock on and start pushing. Honestly, what's so difficult about getting 1 yard?
So right now, we have no running game because they can't open up any holes for Lynch. Add that with the fact that they can't pass-block, and our offense is in shambles.

The season looked promising too...

http://freekick.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/pulling-out-hair.jpg

Rob S
11-04-2008, 04:29 PM
we need a C early in the draft or FA. No question about it. Melvin Fowler got unseated by Duke Preston (pathetic), both are below average. A center and a TE will go a long way to helping our "O". Trent isnt the problem right now.

SuperMcGee
11-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Well, right now, Trent sort of is the problem. You can't say he isn't when he's had two very bad games in a row and we've fallen from 5-1 to 5-3 in that time. Can you also blame our line and lack of receiver depth? Our defense that is incapable of forcing punts? Absolutely, but no letting Trent off the hook for these games.

Of course TE is still a need for us. Royal and Fine had good games Sunday but it's been said for a while that we need an upgrade and nothing has changed that.

Anyone that practices in full and can't start over The Duke is just, well, sub-Duke, and I can't think of much worse to say.

SuperKevin
11-04-2008, 05:54 PM
I'm not saying I'm ready to give up on Trent but I'm starting to waiver on my thoughts of him being a long term solution. If somehow a big time QB we like should happen to drop to us i think we need to take him, similarly to the situation we did when we took Edwards.

SuperMcGee
11-04-2008, 06:05 PM
Plan B:

http://sportsperformance.stvincent.org/NR/rdonlyres/41291B1F-B60B-401F-A256-2DDDCD38A101/0/Ghamdan1.jpg

SuperKevin
11-04-2008, 06:06 PM
I played little league baseball with Gibran Hamdan's little brother Busch Hamdan

SuperMcGee
11-04-2008, 06:24 PM
That's cool, I much enjoyed seeing Bush in garbage time last week for Boise. Hamdans make great backups.

TheBuffaloBills
11-06-2008, 05:33 PM
I'm not saying I'm ready to give up on Trent but I'm starting to waiver on my thoughts of him being a long term solution. If somehow a big time QB we like should happen to drop to us i think we need to take him, similarly to the situation we did when we took Edwards.

I am sorry but actually having the thought of "Giving up on Trent" should cross our minds. Despite his passed couple games, he was in the talks of a MVP year. For a young QB with a mediocre line and a solid (not amazing) WR core to be in the MVP race is insanely rare. Trent is going to have a few bumps in the road just like every QB.

TheBuffaloBills
11-06-2008, 05:38 PM
I thought of this question today.

If you were dieing and one of your last requests is to be buried in a Bills Jersey. Who would it be? I know some obvious ones are Kelly, Thomas and Bruce, but lets make it a player currently on the roster.

I would do Lynch, but if this question was posed to me 4 years back, my answer would have been McGahee. That would have been a terrible decision because we all know what happened with McGahee

But what jersey would you want to wear forever?

SuperKevin
11-06-2008, 05:40 PM

If you were dieing and one of your last requests is to be buried in a Bills Jersey. Who would it be? I know some obvious ones are Kelly, Thomas and Bruce, but lets make it a player currently on the roster.

I would do Lynch, but if this question was posed to me 4 years back, my answer would have been McGahee. That would have been a terrible decision because we all know what happened with McGahee

OJ Simpson

SuperMcGee
11-06-2008, 06:39 PM

I revert to a Sabres jersey. Early 90's blue, Dale Hawerchuk. Score!

For any Bill it would be hard to pass up Thurmy, though there are so many good options in Reed, Talley, CB Triple, Tasker, Gilchrist, Metzelaars (damn right), or, of course, the great Nate Odomes.
Current player, I'd probably opt Poz for Polish purposes, and the man is a beast.

TheBuffaloBills
11-07-2008, 06:08 PM
I revert to a Sabres jersey. Early 90's blue, Dale Hawerchuk. Score!

For any Bill it would be hard to pass up Thurmy, though there are so many good options in Reed, Talley, CB Triple, Tasker, Gilchrist, Metzelaars (damn right), or, of course, the great Nate Odomes.
Current player, I'd probably opt Poz for Polish purposes, and the man is a beast.

Poz is a good one. But I am going to go with Trent. I just get a tingly feeling when he throws the ball

SuperKevin
11-07-2008, 06:19 PM
Ashton Youboty is done for the year now that he's on IR.

We also signed Teddy Lehman. He's familiar with Dick Jauron's scheme from Dick's days in Detroit. Hopefully he stays healthy and is a solid OLB for us

fischbowl
11-07-2008, 07:51 PM
I've always liked Lehman. I think he can be more than a replacement

SuperKevin
11-07-2008, 07:52 PM
I've always liked Lehman. I think he can be more than a replacement

I hope he plays well and moves into our gaping hole at OLB

SuperMcGee
11-08-2008, 12:22 AM
I liked Lehman four years ago. Now my expectations are minimal.
Reggie Corner time, he and Fine are the rookie revolution for this team.

Iamcanadian
11-09-2008, 03:10 AM
Lehman will know Jauron's system, other than that he is very shaky at best. When you get beat out in Detroit, you have very little real talent.

SuperKevin
11-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Lehman will know Jauron's system, other than that he is very shaky at best. When you get beat out in Detroit, you have very little real talent.

Injuries had a lot to do with it but overall I agree. He has zero risk for us though and could end up paying huge dividends if he plays well

SuperKevin
11-09-2008, 12:31 PM
We peaked in like week 7.

SuperKevin
11-09-2008, 12:35 PM
I'll say it again. If we ever want to be a contender we need a new QB. Trent Edwards has literally **** the bed since his concussion

Vox Populi
11-09-2008, 04:01 PM
We can't do **** against a 34 defense apparently. Run the ******* ball, our offensive game planning has been ****, every time we pass on first down and it goes incomplete its an obvious run and theres no audible, its been the same for the past 5 weeks. There hasn't been any deep passing at all either, the longest attempt was that first pick in the area of Evans. Our underneath passing game is **** because thats not what Evans and Hardy are about, the only receiver that works in the style of passing attack we're using is Reed. Parrish to a degree, but hes not a legit full time slot receiver. When our entire offense happens within 12 yards of the LOS its not hard to stop the run and thats why Lynch has been ****. Not to mention the offensive line has been far from impressive.

As for the defense, at least they are keeping us in games a bit. I know they gave up a 10 minute drive today, but hell, its not like the offense was giving them any time to rest today. I wouldn't mind as much if we hadn't started so hot. Before the season I thought we were a 6-10 or 7-9 team and thought that the playoff hops were a long shot still with our offense, then we had to go and win 4 straight and get my hopes up. Thanks a ******* lot, Buffalo...

We need to actually pick an offensive scheme and get players that work in it, thats the main problem we have, we have too many players that don't fit whatever the **** we're trying to do; and if we are going to keep Evans around for his contract, its going to have to attack defenses a lot more aggressively than this dink and dunk ******** we've done over the past 5 weeks. At least early in the season we were taking some shots down field and the combination of Jackson-Lynch was producing even though neither broke many yards, the combo did. Now they combo for 70 yards tops. I really hope that we can take advantage of that piece of **** Browns defense when I go watch the MNF game at the Ralph.

For the draft, I'd like to see us pick up Jermaine Gresham or any tight end in the first round; one with some athletic ability that we can use to attack the deep middle of the field but can still have speed to run crossing routes. Then in the second round we need to pick up either a dominating run blocking center or right guard. I'm thinking someone like Herman Johnson, Jonathan Luigs or Eric Woods. I don't care if we have to trade up to get them. Then later in the draft, pick up some depth along the defensive front seven and for the receiving core.

My ideal draft would be:
1- Jermaine Gresham TE Oklahoma
2- Herman Johnson OG LSU
3- Roy Miller DT Texas
4- Will Davis DE Illinois
5- Edwin Williams C Maryland
6- Brian Toal LB Boston College
7- Mike Wallace WR Ole Miss

Sure it doesn't look flashy and has no picks at impact positions at all, but this draft can contribute all over our team in the two most important places, the offensive and defensive lines. Gresham is an okay blocker, but his primary role is as a receiver and he basically is just a bigger mismatch receiver and with his size and athleticism he is a mismatch all over the field. Then Herman Johnson could step in at right guard ahead of Brad Butler and contribute right away as well. He is huge and with good coaching he could be an awesome run blocking guard. Roy Miller is just a leader and I like him and hes not a great pass rusher, but he can push a pocket pretty well and plays with good technique and a constant effort for the entire game. He isn't a world beater, but hes just good and would be great in our rotation. Will Davis is just a talented pass rusher and we need more of them, because its obvious that neither Denney or Kelsay can beat anyone with their pass rush and without Schobel our pass rush basically relies on blitzing and hoping we get to the quarterback before they find an open receiver whose matched up man-man.

After that, Williams is mostly a hope and a prayer that he can develop into a talented player eventually. I honestly hope theres a good-great center on the market this year because Fowler and Preston are equally terrible. Toal is my excuse to get Corto the **** off the field. Sure he puts out a solid effort, but hes a dumb ****, he has at least 3 penalties this year that have really pissed me off just because they were pointless, dumb penalties. Then Wallace, he is a down field receiver that I've seen play a couple times and hes come up with some nice plays. Hes a good deep threat and I want us to stop with this stupid short game offense. I don't care if the pass protection is lacking, they need to step up their play if they want to keep playing. We're not going to win games if every drive relies on someone turning nothing into something by making a huge play after the catch or by assuming every drive can be 15 plays long and consume 6 minutes of playing time. It doesn't work and its obvious because as you all probably saw during the game today, we had the fewest 10+ play drives in the league going in with 9, I think we had one today so its 10 now, but ****, that means that the Raiders, the Ryan Fitzpatrick led Bengals and the Orlovsky led Lions have more sustained drives than we do and those teams all stretch the field more than we do and thats what the basis of their passing attacks are or want to be, attacking defenses.

Yes, I'm probably over exaggerating a bit, but ****, going from first to worst in 2 games kind of leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I doubt we make the playoffs now and I'm going to guarantee that the Jets/Patriots/Ravens are 2 of the 3 wildcard teams in the AFC and the other one, either the Jets or Patriots obviously will take the division.

49ersfan_87
11-09-2008, 06:51 PM
I've seen most Bills games this year and that OL is just terrible. Sure, Edwards and Lynch both played poorly today and haven't been doing very well lately. And losing Schobel was a big blow. But that OL is awful. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that the Patriots were getting penetration on almost every single running play. Peters in particular is playing pretty bad, guess holding out didn't do him any good huh?

The Bills desperately need a good interior lineman. IMO the bills should draft C Alex Mack in Round 1, Fowler/Preston are just average.

fischbowl
11-09-2008, 11:37 PM
What a disgrace

By the way, any person interested in buying a Monday NIght Ticket let me know

SuperKevin
11-09-2008, 11:46 PM
What a disgrace

By the way, any person interested in buying a Monday NIght Ticket let me know

I wish I could buy it

fischbowl
11-10-2008, 10:13 AM
Come on and fly over, I have an air mattress with your name all over it

TheBuffaloBills
11-12-2008, 04:40 PM
Guys lets keep our heads up. Dont forget we are an above 500 team right now. Lets get pumped and psyched for the monday nighter. We see a lot of teams turn it around on Monday night. I guarantee we will have a great game. Who is with me!!!

And please stop with the whole "Trent isn't going to win us a championship". I couldn't name many 24 year old QB's that I would rather want than Trent. Our O-line is horrendous, which isn't Trent's fault. Our recievers are average without Reed. When Trent starts having more bad games than good ones, then we can worry. Young QB's are bound to have off games here and there.

I want to here the Ralph shake with noise!!! Lets get pumped and ready for our coming out party!!! Lets show the world we deserved that top 5 power ranking!!!

SuperMcGee
11-12-2008, 05:47 PM
1. Our receivers are average with Reed. Maybe. Lately they have been just bad.

2. How close is Trent to having more bad games than good? You can argue he's already there, as he's had 3 definite terrible games out of 7 on the year, and that's what we're dealing with right now. This isn't to get into an "is Trent our guy?" thing, but this issue just became somewhat prolonged and is definitely worrisome.

3. Our line is total poop. We just can't let a post go by without saying how much they blow.

4. F all that, it's winnin' time! MONDAY NIGHT!!!

SuperKevin
11-12-2008, 05:49 PM
I swear Jason Peters is playing horribly on purpose to avoid getting signed long term by Buffalo. I can just imagine us letting him walk and watching him dominate for someone else.

SuperMcGee
11-12-2008, 05:50 PM
So how much longer does that go on for? 2 years?

SuperKevin
11-12-2008, 05:51 PM
So how much longer does that go on for? 2 years?

Or until we decide to cut/trade him....which if he keeps playing like a revolving door may be the best option

SuperMcGee
11-12-2008, 05:56 PM
I hate him so much. His fat, lazy, greedy ass deserves to be benched so badly. But when your top reserve (who isn't that great) is forced into playing guard and after that it's just the 7th round bastard, he can get away with being a total POS. We'd never do it anyway, and he probably wouldn't care so long as he got his "pittance" of a paycheck, but everything involving him since summer has just made me hate one of my former favorites.

SuperKevin
11-12-2008, 05:59 PM
We should seriously look into trading him this offseason unless his play and attitude improve. I'm sure we can get a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him. A this rate I'd rather have a 3rd rounder in the starting lineup than this "pro bowler"

TheBuffaloBills
11-13-2008, 08:21 PM
We should seriously look into trading him this offseason unless his play and attitude improve. I'm sure we can get a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him. A this rate I'd rather have a 3rd rounder in the starting lineup than this "pro bowler"

I doubt we would get something that high. He has all the talent in the world, but would a team want a player that is playing bad on purpose? I just don't see that happening.

Leon Sandcastle
11-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Peters has been bad but Dockery is nothing short of average and Brad Butler was horrible when he was healthy. Langston Walker has been the only constant on our line.

Duke Preston and Kirk Chambers are solid as backups but because of Fowler's lack of talent and the injury to Butler and Whittle they've been asked to take bigger roles.

I'm totally open to spending our first two picks on the interior of our line and that's saying a lot because our DE position needs a huge talent infusion this offseason.

Duke Robinson-G Oklahoma
Jon Luigs-C Arkansas
Brandon Williams-DE Texas Tech or Willie VanDesteeg-DE Minnesota

or

Greg Hardy-DE Ole Miss
Jon Luigs-C Arkansas
Brandon Williams-DE Texas Tech or Willie VanDesteeg-DE Minnesota

Leon Sandcastle
11-16-2008, 07:49 PM
That being said I'm still optimistic of our chances but with our divisional record at 0-3 and the Patriots, Jets and Dolphins playing extremely good football our margin of error is pretty small right now.

We need to win our next 4 games against the Browns, 49ers, Chiefs and Dolphins to get back in the thick of things.

If we can do that we'll stand at 9-4 with the Jets, Broncos on the road and then against the Patriots in Week 17 in our building.

With the weather about to get horrible our running game needs to start pulling their weight. I'm looking at you OL.

bored of education
11-17-2008, 06:52 PM
Lets Go Bills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SuperKevin
11-17-2008, 08:08 PM
And Edwards comes out the same way he has the last few weeks

SuperKevin
11-17-2008, 08:35 PM
I want more Gibran Hamdan

Rob S
11-17-2008, 10:39 PM
there's the beast mode I've come to love

SuperKevin
11-17-2008, 10:41 PM
What would everyone think if we pursued Matt Cassell in FA? Trent Edwards has regressed to the point where he's starting to play his way out of Buffalo in my opinion. We likely have excellent scouting on the guy since he plays in the division and he'd be a better player than a rookie.

Rob S
11-17-2008, 10:47 PM
will it be heartbreak again for the bills on monday night......phil dawson says yes, let see what we can do here.

Rob S
11-17-2008, 10:49 PM
What would everyone think if we pursued Matt Cassell in FA? Trent Edwards has regressed to the point where he's starting to play his way out of Buffalo in my opinion. We likely have excellent scouting on the guy since he plays in the division and he'd be a better player than a rookie.

your crazy if u think cassell is better than trent imo. and i think your crazy if u give up on trent.

11-17-2008, 10:51 PM
your crazy if u think cassell is better than trent imo. and i think your crazy if u give up on trent.

Agreed and uhm agreed.

doingthisinsteadofwork
11-17-2008, 10:51 PM
Trents only in his 2nd season no reason to give up on him.

Rob S
11-17-2008, 10:54 PM
and the season is pushed wide right.......god being a bills fan sucks balls

Leon Sandcastle
11-17-2008, 11:08 PM
Hurts but I've become so used to this type of stuff.

SuperKevin
11-18-2008, 12:27 AM

He's not really giving us any reason to not doubt him. He's been arguably the worst starting QB in the NFL the last 4 weeks. There comes a point where you have to start thinking about the future or else we'll end up in a situation like Chicago where the QB position is a mess for years. If we want to have any chance of making the playoffs we're going to have to fix this QB problem. Especially considering Marshawn won't be happy seeing 8 man fronts for the indefinate future

SuperKevin
11-18-2008, 12:28 AM
Trents only in his 2nd season no reason to give up on him.

He's really shown no real signs of progression. In fact he's actually managed to regress during his career.

Vox Populi
11-18-2008, 02:06 AM
Jesus chirst, Im still a little drunk from the game tonight. Really good game to see live. The first quarter was ******** with three interceptions, but the rest of the game wasn't so bad.

This is the team that the Bills should be, feed the ******* rock to Marshawn all day long. He gets 30 touches and he gets us 170 yards, yeah, I'll take that over Edwards' **** passing. Lee Evans won't be too happy after this game though... he was invisible out there.

It was really ******* annoying though after Edwards' first quarter all he did was check down. On more than one occasion he had Steve Johnson WIDE OPEN on the left side of the field but he checked down every time to Lynch. I'm not complaining because Lynch is money, but I'd take an easy 30 yard gain-walk in touchdown over a 6 yard check down.

I swear to god standing on the left side of the field that kick looked good :(

GO DEEP AT LEAST ONCE!!! Edwards' arm is weak... all hes got is a great release, but ****, captain checkdown? Marshawn had 10 ******* receptions...

Just give the rock to Marshawn for the rest of the year, who gives a ****, let me man earn his incentive bonuses so hes happy and doesn't bail as soon as his contract expires... Maybe that was the line can gain some confidence off of Marshawn's beastliness and Edwards can get some better looks for Evans deep.

I wasn't happy with Edwards getting that touchdown late, Marshawn deserved that score. I hope Edwards gave it to him. Lynch was in full out Beast Mode today because he actually saw a lot of touches today. He can handle 33 touches in my opinion. Maybe not every week, but when your passing attack is this bad... what the hell...

Rob S
11-18-2008, 09:16 AM
He's really shown no real signs of progression. In fact he's actually managed to regress during his career.

so has the OL. No QB would look good with the shoddy protection he has been getting. Granted some of the throws were terrible, but there arent better options then trent out there imo unless we draft one in the first round, which would be an utter wate imo.

Bills2083
11-18-2008, 10:00 AM
^Peters played a great game IMO. He was constantly making holes and getting to the second level.

TheBuffaloBills
11-18-2008, 03:03 PM
There are a lot of holes to fill in the off season. QB is NOT one of them. I dont care, we are sticking with Trent.

SuperKevin
11-18-2008, 03:04 PM
There are a lot of holes to fill in the off season. QB is NOT one of them. I dont care, we are sticking with Trent.

Remember that when we go 7-9 again in 2009

TheBuffaloBills
11-18-2008, 06:52 PM
Remember that when we go 7-9 again in 2009

The only way we would go 7-9 in 2009 is if Trent truely is a bust. We can't label a young QB a bust before his first full season is over. Its not like he was a bust every game of the season. He was one of the biggest keys to victory the first 4 games of the season. During the off season, Trent will gain experience and come back a lot better after playing his first full season.

Don't say this is the same thing we did with Losman. Did Losman led the Bills to a 4-0 start? No. Was he a possible candidate for MVP? No. Did he led the Bills to multiple comeback games? No. Did he have a QB rating like Trent in the beginning of the season? No.

SuperKevin
11-18-2008, 08:58 PM
The only way we would go 7-9 in 2009 is if Trent truely is a bust. We can't label a young QB a bust before his first full season is over. Its not like he was a bust every game of the season. He was one of the biggest keys to victory the first 4 games of the season. During the off season, Trent will gain experience and come back a lot better after playing his first full season.

Don't say this is the same thing we did with Losman. Did Losman led the Bills to a 4-0 start? No. Was he a possible candidate for MVP? No. Did he led the Bills to multiple comeback games? No. Did he have a QB rating like Trent in the beginning of the season? No.

In hindsight we went 4-0 against Seattle, St. Louis, Oakland and Jacksonville. Hardly an impressive list of victories.

Iamcanadian
11-19-2008, 02:29 AM
Face it, Edwards is going to be our QB next year and probably for the next decade. He's only in his second year and most rookie QB's can take 3 or even 4 years to develop. It took Eli 4 years to become solid so what's the rush on Edwards. Edwards isn't the problem, stopping a Rodgers from getting to him is. Rodgers ate up our OL till the 4th quarter when his lack of conditioning killed him. Our OC looked woeful as a pass blocker.

SuperMcGee
11-19-2008, 02:55 PM
Duke Preston is woeful at everything. But Edwards had all kinds of time on most throws on Monday.

Rob S
11-19-2008, 03:34 PM
Duke Preston is woeful at everything. But Edwards had all kinds of time on most throws on Monday.

His 1st quarter monday was abysmal. There is no way to defend him there. To his credit tho.....he settled down nicely and almost led yet another game winning drive (altho Juaron's conservative approach ruined it). Monday was a bad game for trent and he did have time, I agree. However in the prvios few weeks, the time wasnt there. And as a QB, when u get accostomed to not having time, you automatically become less comfortable and it hurts your game greatly. Anyone willing to throw Trent to the trash heap is absolutely nuts imo. A lot of great QB's were worse than Trent in their second year in the league. We really need to unite behind this guy imo.

SuperKevin
11-19-2008, 03:44 PM
We may need to unite behind him but we also need to start planning for life after Trent. If we don't draft a QB this year I think it will be a HUGE mistake.

Bills2083
11-19-2008, 04:07 PM
Right now, I dont really have an opinion on Edwards. I don't really think he's the future, but I still feel that he can be good.

Now, hypothetically speaking, let's say McNabb is released following this season. Do you think we should give him an offer?

SuperKevin
11-19-2008, 04:10 PM
Right now, I dont really have an opinion on Edwards. I don't really think he's the future, but I still feel that he can be good.

Now, hypothetically speaking, let's say McNabb is released following this season. Do you think we should give him an offer?

So he can look like an idiot for us when he plays for a tie? I don't think so.

TheBuffaloBills
11-19-2008, 10:14 PM

We never get those type of players. I doubt he would even come here. What if he gets injured, what if he sucks, he is getting older which is not good for a pretty mobile QB. I wouldn't want to do it yet. Besides hasn't Edwards looked better in his first full season than Eli? IMO, yes.

SuperKevin
11-19-2008, 10:16 PM
We never get those type of players. I doubt he would even come here. What if he gets injured, what if he sucks, he is getting older which is not good for a pretty mobile QB. I wouldn't want to do it yet. Besides hasn't Edwards looked better in his first full season than Eli? IMO, yes.

He has completely collapsed when the pressure got on him all season. The only reason we started 4-0 was because of defense and special teams. Trent Edwards needs to improve his big game mentality for me to fully give him my support

SuperKevin
11-20-2008, 01:39 AM
Is everyone else thinking that the Colts will let Jeff Saturday walk in free agency? They drafted 3 centers this past year and Jamey Richard has done a great job in Saturday's absence. If in fact he's on the market, I'd love for the Bills to sign him. He's a true line general at center who will instantly make our line better.

fischbowl
11-20-2008, 03:09 PM
Is everyone else thinking that the Colts will let Jeff Saturday walk in free agency? They drafted 3 centers this past year and Jamey Richard has done a great job in Saturday's absence. If in fact he's on the market, I'd love for the Bills to sign him. He's a true line general at center who will instantly make our line better.

Yeah but will Jeff Saturday come to Buffalo?

SuperKevin
11-20-2008, 03:11 PM

It's worth a shot. He seems like a lunch pail kind of guy that would fit in a blue collar town like Buffalo.

TheBuffaloBills
11-20-2008, 03:11 PM

I would say there is a better chance Saturday would come before McNabb would. I dont think Saturday would completely ride off the Bills. Indianapolis is somewhat similar to Buffalo.

TheBuffaloBills
11-20-2008, 03:36 PM
Wow the Bulls are on the front page of ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=buffalo58

Bills2083
11-20-2008, 04:04 PM
^That's pretty cool to see.
Here's the homepage http://espn.go.com/

fischbowl
11-20-2008, 04:12 PM
Yeah very nice article

SuperKevin
11-20-2008, 04:14 PM
That should be made into a movie

fischbowl
11-20-2008, 04:17 PM
That should be made into a movie

Too soon after "The Express".....

It may be made when a UB alum (me) finally makes it to Hollywood

ruthlessrussian
11-20-2008, 06:03 PM
He has completely collapsed when the pressure got on him all season. The only reason we started 4-0 was because of defense and special teams. Trent Edwards needs to improve his big game mentality for me to fully give him my support

Sorry SuperKevin, but I do need to call you out on this because I am a little confused by what you are trying to say.

First, when you talk about "big game mentality" are you just talking about games against winning teams or Monday night games or what? Because for every game and nearly every play this season, pre-concussion, Trent was playing like a big game quaterback from what I saw.

What about 20 for 25 and a game winning touchdown against the Jags. No Int's.

What about the Raiders game where Trent led the charge for a 17 point 4th quarter so we as Bills fans dont have to bare the shame of losing to the Raiders?

This brings me to my second point, how has it that you feel the only reason we went 4 and 0 is because of the defense and special teams? Because those comebacks scores didnt just happen by themself.

Im not saying it wasnt the main reason but because Trent was playing with a big game mentality preconscussion, we were able to win those games, not just on defense and ST, but because we had some really good, efficient QB play. I am not sure on the facts but I know his QB rating was ridiculous for the first 4 games. This was with a very stagnet running attack.

Sorry to go on a tangent but if Marshawn head turned on beast mode a little ealier in the season and not just this Monday we might be still right behind the Titans in the AFC. To see the way he played against a miserable Rams rush defense(19 for 57, no TD's) as compared to someone like Thomas Jones (26 for 149, 3 TD's) is kind of sad. Seeing the way he played Monday though felt good and there should be more of that next sunday against the 29th rated rush defense of the Chiefs but he NEEDS to step it up.

Im just trying to say, dont sell out Trent so quick. He is going through a though stretch right now. We have some serious injury issues at wide out right now aswell, which the Browns took advantage of by the way. Trent just needs his confidence back and he will be fine. He is the best thing at QB that we have had in a long time and it really does feel good to know that. He is the teams future for sure in my mind.

bored of education
11-20-2008, 06:04 PM
UT OH my two favorite teams are playing. GOOD LUCK BILLS!

SuperMcGee
11-20-2008, 06:35 PM
Wow the Bulls are on the front page of ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=buffalo58

That rules. I thought this story was just about played up as much as it was going to be, but I guess with them being eligible now they're really going with it. That rules. A win would be so nice on Friday.

Too soon after "The Express".....

It may be made when a UB alum (me) finally makes it to Hollywood

I figure by that time I might actually look like I'm college aged, so save a role for your buddy. I can do blackface if need be.

SuperKevin
11-20-2008, 06:36 PM
I can't be the only person here with doubts about Trent Edwards. Can I?

SuperMcGee
11-20-2008, 06:45 PM
Of course there are doubts. But I personally feel saying things like "We have to draft a future starting QB this year" is overreacting. I know you can say based on his body of work that he hasn't shown that he can lead this franchise, I won't disagree. But I'm giving it at least until the season plays out.

What round are you thinking to go QB? We already need another backup after this season, how early would you want one for them to be able to lead "life after Trent"?

SuperKevin
11-20-2008, 06:47 PM
Of course there are doubts. But I personally feel saying things like "We have to draft a future starting QB this year" is overreacting. If Drew Willy was there at our low teens pick then yes, go for it all the way, but we all know he won't last that long.

What round are you thinking to go QB? We already need another backup after this season, how early would you want one for them to be able to lead "life after Trent"?

If a guy like Nate Davis were to declare and be there in round 2 I'd jump all over it.

If not I'd wait to see if anyone wowed us in the 3rd round much like we did with Trent in the first place.

ruthlessrussian
11-20-2008, 07:01 PM
If a guy like Nate Davis were to declare and be there in round 2 I'd jump all over it.

If not I'd wait to see if anyone wowed us in the 3rd round much like we did with Trent in the first place.

Yes we do need a back up QB but to use a second round pick on one.... Idk about that.
You dont think we should look more towards tight end or oline with early picks?

fischbowl
11-20-2008, 07:20 PM
I agree with McGee, I do have doubts regarding Edwards but I don't its necessary to draft a quarterback early this year

ruthlessrussian
11-20-2008, 07:25 PM
I do want to say this though.

If Trent cant get it done against some of the defenses we are playing over the next couple of weeks, I will probably change my tune quick. I want to see some college football like scores get posted against the Chiefs and 49ers. There should be NO REASON the Bills should struggle against them.

SuperKevin
11-20-2008, 08:22 PM
I do want to say this though.

If Trent cant get it done against some of the defenses we are playing over the next couple of weeks, I will probably change my tune quick. I want to see some college football like scores get posted against the Chiefs and 49ers. There should be NO REASON the Bills should struggle against them.

I don't know if we should have needed a 17 point rally to beat the Raiders or a 4th quarter comeback to beat the Rams either.

For all this Trent Edwards bashing I'm doing I will admit that most of his poor play is probably due to that nasty concussion he got. Concussions can affect a player for weeks.

TheBuffaloBills
11-20-2008, 10:05 PM
I don't know if we should have needed a 17 point rally to beat the Raiders or a 4th quarter comeback to beat the Rams either.

For all this Trent Edwards bashing I'm doing I will admit that most of his poor play is probably due to that nasty concussion he got. Concussions can affect a player for weeks.

I hope you're right. Besides I hate QB contreversies. Flutie Vs. Johnson, J.P. Vs. Holcomb, J.P. Vs. Trent. I hate them all. Just stick with one QB and stick with them for a good amount of time.

SuperMcGee
11-20-2008, 10:18 PM
Holcomb vs. JP was the dumbest thing ever. Good god I hate Kelly Holcomb. It was even worse when he decided to show up on Monday.

fischbowl
11-21-2008, 12:18 AM
I hope you're right. Besides I hate QB contreversies. Flutie Vs. Johnson, J.P. Vs. Holcomb, J.P. Vs. Trent. I hate them all. Just stick with one QB and stick with them for a good amount of time.

Rob Johnson omg ew

http://talleywhackers.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/thanks-for-giving-us-four-years-of-this1.jpg

http://www2.indystar.com/library/factfiles/sports/football/indpls_colts/2001_season/img/robsack.jpg

http://beerinfood.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/pumpkin-vomit.jpg

ruthlessrussian
11-21-2008, 01:48 AM
Ugh Rob Johnson.....

I still cannot believe what we traded to get him from the Jags.

It makes me sick.

SuperMcGee
11-21-2008, 03:27 PM
Josh Reed should be back.

Resume the playoff talk.

SuperKevin
11-21-2008, 05:05 PM
Josh Reed should be back.

Resume the playoff talk.

I never thought I'd see the day where I looked forward to Josh Reed being in the lineup

TheBuffaloBills
11-21-2008, 05:18 PM
Question: What percent chance does Steve Johnson have at making a bigger impact for the Bills than Hardy for the next 5 years?

Coming into the season, I was really high on Johnson. Back then I said it was going to be a 28% chance. Now, I think he has a 55 % chance of having a better career than Hardy.

Your precentages?

SuperKevin
11-21-2008, 05:21 PM
Question: What percent chance does Steve Johnson have at making a bigger impact for the Bills than Hardy for the next 5 years?

Coming into the season, I was really high on Johnson. Back then I said it was going to be a 28% chance. Now, I think he has a 55 % chance of having a better career than Hardy.

Your precentages?

I think Steve Johnson will be more of our possession WR of the future, taking over the role Josh Reed fills right now while Hardy will be nothing more than a red zone threat much like Chris Henry is in Cincinnati.

Whoever is better depends on whether you value consistency or touchdowns more

TheBuffaloBills
11-21-2008, 05:23 PM
I think Steve Johnson will be more of our possession WR of the future, taking over the role Josh Reed fills right now while Hardy will be nothing more than a red zone threat much like Chris Henry is in Cincinnati.

Whoever is better depends on whether you value consistency or touchdowns more

I need a percentage. Who will make a bigger impact for the Bills?

SuperKevin
11-21-2008, 05:24 PM
I need a percentage. Who will make a bigger impact for the Bills?

I can't really give a percentage because like I said their roles will be different. Johnson will move the chains but Hardy will score points. If I really was forced I'd take the easy way out and say 50%-50%

bored of education
11-23-2008, 09:51 AM
For the Bills to win, Marshawn needs to go off and also you need points in the red zone.

SuperKevin
11-23-2008, 02:23 PM
Leodis McKelvin is showing why he was a top pick today. One hell of a game

SuperKevin
11-23-2008, 02:33 PM
Today's game is the first step for me accepting Trent Edwards. He's having a great game but it will take more than beating Kansas City for me to completely change my tune.

SuperKevin
11-23-2008, 03:19 PM
Great overall performance for us today. This kind of blowout is what the Bills needed to get their confidence back after that long losing streak.

ruthlessrussian
11-23-2008, 03:53 PM
Great overall performance for us today. This kind of blowout is what the Bills needed to get their confidence back after that long losing streak.

I couldnt agree with you more about the game and Mckelvin The Cleveland game really was a morale killer coming off our division games. Its good to see the team is still focused. We could have easliy dropped this game like last week.

I was happy with the offensive play calling aswell. Establishing Marshawn early and giving it to him on 4 and goal from the 1 was great (why we didnt do that in the Miami game..... )

Also, Mckelvin was the player that made it happen today. He crushed the cheifs in that second quarter making three big plays.

fischbowl
11-23-2008, 04:31 PM
I don't think there's much to complain about this week

TheBuffaloBills
11-23-2008, 04:38 PM
I don't think there's much to complain about this week

Despite scoring 54 points, I was still disapointed....... JK, today was a good day.... A great day.

My McKelvin Jersey I bought at spring training is looking like a good choice!

fischbowl
11-23-2008, 04:40 PM
Despite scoring 54 points, I was still disapointed....... JK, today was a good day.... A great day.

My McKelvin Jersey I bought at spring training is looking like a good choice!

What? 10 char

TheBuffaloBills
11-23-2008, 04:41 PM
What? 10 char

Mini camp lol..... I am still in disbelief. Go Bills!

Rob S
11-23-2008, 05:28 PM
great game today.....trent made me look good for defending him haha. Just realized we are about to hit the 100 pg. milestone.....good stuff men

Iamcanadian
11-23-2008, 09:18 PM
Great game and better yet, we'll be even better next year with Trent having another year under his belt.

Rob S
11-26-2008, 11:39 AM
anyone know when aaron is gonna get back.....we miss his pass rush greatly

Rob S
11-27-2008, 07:27 PM
So, what I really want this weekend (other than a win of course) Is to see Leodis have another good game. I think we all kind of resigned ourselves to not having a stud CB in McKelvin after he wasnt starting from day 1. Well, he looked like a stud last week. If we have a great CB in Leodis that gives us a nice little boost because Greer is a tremendous nickel CB. Our secondary would be filthy.

SuperKevin
11-27-2008, 10:06 PM
So, what I really want this weekend (other than a win of course) Is to see Leodis have another good game. I think we all kind of resigned ourselves to not having a stud CB in McKelvin after he wasnt starting from day 1. Well, he looked like a stud last week. If we have a great CB in Leodis that gives us a nice little boost because Greer is a tremendous nickel CB. Our secondary would be filthy.

I am very optimistic for McKelvin but I still can't help but remember how badly he got torched by the Dolphins earlier this year.

Rob S
11-27-2008, 10:37 PM
he did indeed get absolutely abused that game.......lets hope he is coming into his own rather then having one lucky game

TheBuffaloBills
11-27-2008, 10:51 PM
Going from Troy to the NFL is a big transaction no matter how good you are. A mediocre WR in the NFL is more skillful than all the WRs he has had to cover in college. Leodis is getting better every game, and has become A LOT more confident this past few weeks. Early in the season, it looked like he wasn't trying, but now he has that swagger. He will be a stud.

49ersfan_87
11-29-2008, 10:22 PM
Hey guys, looking forward to the bills-niners game. I think ive seen the bills play almost every game this season so itll be fun to see them play against my niners.
I was going to go to this game too but with school and all i don't have the time for commuting to and from Buffalo (I live in Toronto). Might go to a game in Rogers centre some time though.

Anyways, heres hoping to a good solid game with no injuries.

Rob S
11-30-2008, 09:36 AM
Hey guys, looking forward to the bills-niners game. I think ive seen the bills play almost every game this season so itll be fun to see them play against my niners.
I was going to go to this game too but with school and all i don't have the time for commuting to and from Buffalo (I live in Toronto). Might go to a game in Rogers centre some time though.

Anyways, heres hoping to a good solid game with no injuries.

agreed. thanks for dropping by. If u go to the game in toronto be sure to let us know how the atmosphere is.

fischbowl
11-30-2008, 01:47 PM
Well I was supposed to go today but I got too drunk, fell asleep and now I'm watching it on TV

fischbowl
11-30-2008, 01:51 PM
JP is in, this game is as good as done

SuperMcGee
11-30-2008, 02:08 PM
JP is in, this game is as good as done

Damn right it is. San Fran doesn't stand a chance!

fischbowl
11-30-2008, 02:33 PM
Damn right it is. San Fran doesn't stand a chance!

It's over *****, It's over!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51i5i9MBb4L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Ride that all the way to the Super Bowl!

SuperKevin
11-30-2008, 03:17 PM
Ugh is all I can say

Bills2083
11-30-2008, 04:34 PM
I dont understand this organization.
I really don't :mad:

fischbowl
11-30-2008, 05:25 PM
Ugh is all I can say

Yeah that about sums it all up

SuperKevin
11-30-2008, 06:34 PM
It's getting to the point where I hope we just lose out now. I hate being that kind of fan but it's hard to think positively when we lose to San Francisco

SuperKevin
11-30-2008, 06:36 PM
Did I read correctly that Leodis McKelvin was burned by Isaac Bruce of all people?

Rob S
11-30-2008, 06:45 PM
yeah, he kinda slipped a lot tho and bruce, being a good route runner, could take advantage

SuperKevin
11-30-2008, 06:46 PM
yeah, he kinda slipped a lot tho and bruce, being a good route runner, could take advantage

Oh ok. I was about to say.

Bills2083
11-30-2008, 07:16 PM

McGee even slipped while covering Bruce.
Also, on the play that McKelvin slipped on...
Bruce lined up on the outside, and did a slant toward the middle. Then, he quickly turned around and ran to the pylon in the corner of the endzone. In the process of turning, McKelvin slipped and fell.

TheBuffaloBills
11-30-2008, 09:38 PM
The refs sucked

Rob S
11-30-2008, 11:47 PM
so, guess the draft thread will start heating up soon

Leon Sandcastle
12-01-2008, 12:13 AM
Dick Jauron needs to be fired at the end of the season. Take Turk Schornet and Perry Fewell with you please.

fischbowl
12-01-2008, 12:15 AM
Bobby April for Head Coach!!

Rob S
12-01-2008, 12:17 AM
eh, we wont fire dick and i think he is good enough. players have to play better. sure u can nitpick, he is a decent enough coach tho. Although April would be sweet, I think Juaron is fine and we need stability, firing a coach usually does more harm than good.

fischbowl
12-01-2008, 12:19 AM
eh, we wont fire dick and i think he is good enough. players have to play better. sure u can nitpick, he is a decent enough coach tho. Although April would be sweet, I think Juaron is fine and we need stability, firing a coach usually does more harm than good.

His play calling of late has been way too conservative to say the least. And our WCO attempts under Schonert have been faulty. I love Jauron and all, but it may be his time.

We also need to get Jason Peters the **** out of town.

Bills2083
12-01-2008, 06:36 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/453/story/509598.html (http://www.buffalonews.com/453/story/509598.html)

Updated: 12/01/08 12:17 AM
Commentary
Jerry Sullivan: Offensive coordinator missed his calling
By Jerry Sullivan
News Sports Columnist

Sorry, but I don't know where to begin. Maybe I should waste one of my timeouts and think things over. Or better yet, why not allow one of the players, a respected and highly credible veteran, to get it started for me?

Lee Evans, what was the problem with the offense Sunday?

"It's really hard to put your finger on one thing," Evans said after the Bills' perplexing, 10-3 loss to the 49ers. "But when you get down there [the red zone], you've got to have a certain attitude that you have to get in the end zone. You let your linemen be your linemen and you let Marshawn [Lynch] do his thing. We really didn't have a whole lot of balance down there, and it cost us."

Uh, Lee, you put your finger right on the problem. There's plenty to criticize about this mind-blowing loss. I can't believe I'm saying this, just two weeks after the fact, but it was worse than the Cleveland loss on Monday night. In terms of offensive futility, squandered opportunities and dumb coaching, it ranks with the worst home losses in recent times.

But this one comes down to the play calling in the red zone, and to offensive coordinator Turk Schonert. We had such high hopes for Schonert, who seemed like a refreshing departure from his predecessors in the job and, until recently, had managed to avoid being the most criticized man in town.

It's open season now. Evans took his shots. His teammates were muttering veiled criticisms of the play calling. That's good, because at some point it's not enough for Joe Twelvepack to spew second-guesses at his wide-screen TV. When the players are howling along with the masses, you know there's a problem.

Really, what was Schonert thinking on second-and-goal at San Francisco's 2-yard line midway through the second quarter?

The Bills were in the midst of an 18-play drive that had carried over from the end of the first quarter and dragged on for more than eight minutes. The 49ers' linemen were beaten and exhausted. The Bills' offensive linemen were pushing them all over the field and having one of their best games of the season. Trent Edwards had a sore groin.

So what do they do? With 2 yards to go and three plays to gain them, Schonert calls for a pass on second down. It was tipped at the line and fell incomplete. And on third down, what inspired genius followed? Trent Edwards rolled out to his right, couldn't find anyone open, and had to throw the ball away.

Rian Lindell then plunked a 20-yard field goal off the left upright, his first miss inside 40 yards in 53 tries. They come away with zero points. Edwards gets some of the blame for calling an audible on the third-down pass. But it's the coaches' job to insist on a run. And the second-down pass was a soft, inexcusable call.

"That's an example right there," Evans said. "I think we had all the momentum running the football. We ran the ball to get down there. The line had a good rhythm, had a good feel, and Marshawn as well."

They could have gathered some momentum if they had won this game. The Bills could have been 7-5, riding a modest two-game winning streak and harboring playoff hopes. Now they're 6-6. They've lost five of six, three straight at home!

Playoffs? They've lost consecutive home games to the Browns and 49ers — bad teams. The Bills aren't a playoff contender. Right now, they're one of the worst half-dozen teams in the NFL. They're good enough to blow out Kansas City. Who else would they beat now? Detroit, St. Louis ... Cincinnati, perhaps?

They wasted a sensational performance from Lynch, who ran 16 times for 134 yards, a staggering 8.4 yards a carry. Wait a second, haven't I seen those numbers before? I've got it. Thurman Thomas in the Giants Super Bowl. He went 15 for 135 that day. And what have Bills fans been screeching ever since?

Why didn't he run more?

Yeah, do you think they might have handed off to Lynch a time or two more, considering that he was running with more determination than a Wal-Mart shopper on Black Friday?

What do you suppose the coaches think when they see 16 for 134 on the stat sheet? That assumes, of course, that the offensive staff was thinking at all Sunday.

They wasted four more timeouts, three on offense and one on special teams. What do these guys do with their 16-hour days at One Bills Drive, if they can't get the players and personnel on and off the field in time? Christmas shopping online?

Early in the fourth quarter, the Bills were on the march again. J.P. Losman was the QB now, with Edwards sidelined by a sore groin. On third-and-1 from the 49ers' 6-yard line, Fred Jackson lost a yard (why it wasn't Lynch, I have no idea). Then, with the play clock winding down, Losman had to call timeout on fourth-and-2.

There were several options. With 10:05 left, a field goal would have been acceptable. Considering his success to that point, handing off to Lynch would have been OK. The Bills went for the pass. Losman was chased out of the pocket and underthrew the ball to Evans. Again, no points.

The 49ers wouldn't quit. They kept bungling situations and handing the ball back to the Bills, inviting them to come back and win. After all, no West Coast team had won in the Eastern time zone this year. The Bills had every chance to keep that streak alive. But they weren't up to it.

Boy, what a dreadful game. It was even worse than those three dog games on Thanksgiving. And it was ugly afterward, with the rain falling on the disgruntled Buffalo fans as they trudged out of the stadium. As the Bills went out the tunnel, fans threw cups and plastic bottles and called for Lindell to retire.

A year ago at this time, they were also 6-6 and looking ahead to a home game against Miami. They were seen as plucky overachievers. This is a different sort of 6-6, a sad, dysfunctional mess. Maybe it's better that next week's home game against the Dolphins will be played in Toronto.

"I mean, the record speaks for itself," Evans said. "You can't say that you're one thing and show up on the field and be something else. We are a .500 football team. That's what we are."

After the great start, it's hard to believe they're a .500 team. Even harder to swallow, I suppose, is the fact that they're even worse than that.

jsullivan@buffnews.com (jsullivan@buffnews.com)

SuperMcGee
12-01-2008, 03:43 PM
Bobby April for Head Coach!!

Hear hear!
Promote AVP to OC. He knows all about doing something crazy on the first play. And is well-versed in GIVING THE BALL TO THE RB!
Fewell can stay, I guess. Or just let April roll his coverage units on D.

SuperKevin
12-01-2008, 03:50 PM
So guys, where do you see us picking and what do you think we go after? I think we're somewhere around 15. I'd say we need either an OL or a OLB but that's just me. If we can manage to trade Jason Peters I'd think he'd go after the best available OT there. If not I think we possibly reach a bit for Duke Robinson

Ravens1991
12-01-2008, 06:40 PM
I am just stoping by to admit I was wrong about McGahee. I should have listend to you guys, what you said about him was right.

Bills2083
12-01-2008, 09:55 PM
So guys, where do you see us picking and what do you think we go after? I think we're somewhere around 15. I'd say we need either an OL or a OLB but that's just me. If we can manage to trade Jason Peters I'd think he'd go after the best available OT there. If not I think we possibly reach a bit for Duke Robinson

I think we're going to stay consistent with the past two seasons and pick about 11 or 12.
It seems as if there are so many holes on this team I don't even know where to begin?

But, getting a new Head Coach should be first priority.