PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bills Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

SuperKevin
10-04-2009, 05:40 PM
Here's a question for debate. What do we want in a new quarterback? Do we want the big time arm or do we want the smart decision making? Do we want pocket presence or mobility?

Personally with the speed we have at WR I feel we need a big time arm to sling it deep. We're never going to win by going 4-5 yards at a time. Mobility might be a big factor too considering we have some of the worst OTs in football. I was doing a 2010 Bills mock and I was strongly considering Dan LeFevour in the 3rd round.

BufFan71
10-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Here's a question for debate. What do we want in a new quarterback? Do we want the big time arm or do we want the smart decision making? Do we want pocket presence or mobility?

Personally with the speed we have at WR I feel we need a big time arm to sling it deep. We're never going to win by going 4-5 yards at a time. Mobility might be a big factor too considering we have some of the worst OTs in football. I was doing a 2010 Bills mock and I was strongly considering Dan LeFevour in the 3rd round.

Imo, we need a quarterback who will bring a swagger to this team...
A player that other players are gonna fight for on Sundays...
Big arm. Keeps his eyes downfield and always makes plays...

If Clausen comes out, i would say him. Aside from that. Im really not sure. Tony Pike isnt much of a leader. Bradford im not sure about.

As much as a Dbag CLausen is portrayed to be. U cannot deny the fact his teammates respect him, and play hard with him

SuperKevin
10-04-2009, 05:50 PM
If I hear the word swagger one more time I'm going to vomit. It's becoming a bigger cliche than gunslinger.

Geo
10-04-2009, 05:50 PM
Is the speed at WR, the future at WR, set other than Lee Evans?

- Owens is a short-term flyer by Buffalo.
- Parrish will probably be gone soon, if all the trade talk (Buffalo wanting to move him) is legit.
- Assuming James Hardy recovers fully and develops as a pro receiver, he's a big guy.
- Josh Reed, a #3/4 WR, isn't speedy and is only getting older. He'll be a free agent.
- Steve Johnson isn't a speedy guy either, kind of a solid guy in the mold of Reed.

The Bills have some flexibility in where they want to go. Obviously they have to deal with adverse weather conditions, maybe moreso than any other franchise in the league.

BufFan71
10-04-2009, 05:56 PM
If I hear the word swagger one more time I'm going to vomit. It's becoming a bigger cliche than gunslinger.

basically.. i just want a QB who is always confident.
confident in his ability. in his teammates. in his playmaking abilities...

SuperKevin
10-04-2009, 05:58 PM
Personally I just hope that if we do draft a QB, we don't throw him into the fire right away. I think I can endure another stinker of a season with Trent Edwards if it 's for the greater good.

Rosebud
10-04-2009, 06:01 PM

I'd be looking for an OC and LT in a new QB.

Bills2083
10-04-2009, 06:04 PM
basically.. i just want a QB who is always confident.
confident in his ability. in his teammates. in his playmaking abilities...

I don't know much about Jimmy Clausen, but is he a confident QB?
How does he play in bad weather?

redbills
10-04-2009, 07:11 PM
Trent Edwards, lolz.

redbills
10-04-2009, 07:13 PM

He looks like a confident QB to me.
It was ranning (i think) against UW and he had 400+ yards.

BufFan71
10-04-2009, 07:16 PM

the stigma about Clausen is that hes sorta a Dbag.. so ima asume its b/c he knows hes a great football player. THat being said. Even if he is a dbag, u can tell his team respects him, and plays hard when he leads them.

well.. against Washington it rained the entire game...

and he went
21/31 422yards 2tds 1 int (int went straight threw his Runningbacks hands)
he also played with turf toe. Rallied them on a game leading TD drive...
then made a big throw in OT and they won

TheBuffaloBills
10-04-2009, 07:17 PM
Having a big arm doesn't mean anything. Sure it's a plus, but JP was a big arm QB, and I don't want to have that again for 4 years.

redbills
10-04-2009, 07:20 PM
Having a big arm doesn't mean anything. Sure it's a plus, but JP was a big arm QB, and I don't want to have that again for 4 years.

He had a good year then we drafted a ****** QB named Edwards and imo that killed him.

Rosebud
10-04-2009, 07:38 PM
He had a good year then we drafted a ****** QB named Edwards and imo that killed him.

:eek: At their bests Trent >>>>>>>>>>>> JP. Losman was never any good at QB and that terrible QB named Edwards outshined him at their peaks by a lot.

BufFan71
10-04-2009, 07:46 PM
:eek: At their bests Trent >>>>>>>>>>>> JP. Losman was never any good at QB and that terrible QB named Edwards outshined him at their peaks by a lot.

Statistically, Losman's best year was better than Edwards

19tds 14 ints 1 rush td 3,000+ yards 65%

Rosebud
10-04-2009, 09:01 PM
Statistically, Losman's best year was better than Edwards

19tds 14 ints 1 rush td 3,000+ yards 65%

I'm not a stat guy, I was talking about how they looked when running that team. JP always had that Sex Cannon type of look where he didn't look in charge but would force it deep often enough for some things to happen, Trent on the other hand actually looked good running that team at times.

BufFan71
10-04-2009, 09:12 PM
I'm not a stat guy, I was talking about how they looked when running that team. JP always had that Sex Cannon type of look where he didn't look in charge but would force it deep often enough for some things to happen, Trent on the other hand actually looked good running that team at times.

at the end of the year that Jp put up the 19tds...

he looked really good. everyone was annoiting him our franchise QB

Green Bay ----He hit that deep ball to Evans to win the game.
Indianapolis --- we almost won that game..
Houston-----300+yds 3tds
Jacksonville --- he had a good game, led us on a drive to win the game
San Diego ----- IIRC, 3td almost led us back to win the game, but defense couldnt pull through
N.Y. Jets --- he played a great game
Miami ---- 3tds in bad weather.. no ints
Tennessee ---- we woulda won, had royal got 2 feet in on that WR pass. Losman looked good
Baltimore--- hit evans on the TD. threw an int at the end of the game.. we were aready out of playoff contention.

Rosebud
10-04-2009, 09:16 PM

Houston-----300+yds 3tds
San Diego ----- IIRC, 3td almost led us back to win the game, but defense couldnt pull through
Tennessee ---- we woulda won, had royal got 2 feet in on that WR pass. Losman looked good
Baltimore--- hit evans on the TD. threw an int at the end of the game.. we were aready out of playoff contention.

I'm not saying he wasn't successful, just that watching him play I never got the feeling that he was in control the way I have watching Trent play.

redbills
10-04-2009, 09:35 PM

Houston-----300+yds 3tds

this (10...........)

SuperMcGee
10-04-2009, 09:41 PM

Sex Cauldron?! I thought they closed that place down!

Nothing to like in this game.

fischbowl
10-04-2009, 10:19 PM
Sex Cauldron?! I thought they closed that place down!

Nothing to like in this game.

Just an angry, angry loss.

As for the QB argument I am strongly am on the pocket presence side of the fence. We have enough weapons and for those who make the J.P. argument, his arm strength was only half the battle. It seemed as if every game we'd see that asshole run amok

ruthlessrussian
10-05-2009, 02:36 AM
Can anybody explain what the hell happened to are run defense because I am at a loss for words?

BufFan71
10-05-2009, 07:02 AM
Can anybody explain what the hell happened to are run defense because I am at a loss for words?

its tough trying to stop the run when after 4 plays u are back out on the field

SuperMcGee
10-05-2009, 10:20 AM
Almost certain that a victory or Dick Jauron firing comes out of next week. So there's that.

redbills
10-05-2009, 05:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEFXV8ogv3Y

HAHAHAHA

SuperKevin
10-05-2009, 06:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEFXV8ogv3Y

HAHAHAHA

Lol.

Off topic but who wants to do a Bills Forum Mock. I posted about the idea in the 2010 mock thread

fischbowl
10-05-2009, 06:58 PM
You know I'm always game Kevin

redbills
10-05-2009, 08:16 PM
I'd be in (10...)

redbills
10-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Anyone likw my new sig?

fischbowl
10-07-2009, 09:20 PM
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm133/fischbowl/8532_162770864104_129822139104_2460.jpg

redbills
10-07-2009, 10:34 PM
Hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

redbills
10-10-2009, 12:56 PM
So in a 2010 Draft Game I have done this so far.

1st-#9-Jake Locker-QB-Washington
2nd-#37-Brandon LaFell-WR-LSU

I took a QB so with my 2nd pick I wanted to go O again to help Locker. Lafell should help out. Next pick not sure what I will do, BPA most likely.

Trade
Oakland Raiders Get: 2nd Round Pick, 4th Round Pick, DT John McCargo & WR Terrell Owens
Buffalo Bills Get: 2nd Round Pick, 3rd Round Pick, 4th Round Pick & 2012 6th Round Pick

The trade I moved up 4 spots in the 2nd and 4th. Got a 3rd for T.O and a 6th for Cargo, not too bad in my book.

Bills2083
10-10-2009, 12:58 PM
^Did you do that trade after the season is over?

redbills
10-10-2009, 01:08 PM
we just had FA stay on their team.

SuperKevin
10-11-2009, 03:01 PM
I want Roscoe Parrish off this team in the worst way

BufFan71
10-11-2009, 03:12 PM
im not upset about the loss

im only gonna be upset if Jauron doesnt get fired...
no matter what

we need a 1st round LT and QB next year

SuperKevin
10-11-2009, 03:13 PM
im not upset about the loss

im only gonna be upset if Jauron doesnt get fired...
no matter what

we need a 1st round LT and QB next year

Where are we getting the 2nd 1st rounder from? We have nothing of value to trade for it

SuperKevin
10-11-2009, 03:22 PM
I'm thinking Buffalo could end up with a top 5 pick now.

fischbowl
10-11-2009, 03:23 PM
We're 0-3 vs. Cleveland in the past three years losing in the worst possible ways. Is it safe to call the Battle of Lake Erie an official rivalry?

BufFan71
10-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Where are we getting the 2nd 1st rounder from? We have nothing of value to trade for it

we gotta trade back up is what i meant...

SuperKevin
10-11-2009, 03:25 PM
On the bright side, at least we're not going 7-9 again

Rob S
10-11-2009, 06:46 PM
ugh......what a waste of a 7 hour drive up to Buffalo. At least I got to stay at the Browns' hotel........that was cool. Shaun Rodger is not human btw.

Bills2083
10-11-2009, 07:24 PM
ugh......what a waste of a 7 hour drive up to Buffalo. At least I got to stay at the Browns' hotel........that was cool. Shaun Rodger is not human btw.

Why is this

Rob S
10-11-2009, 08:10 PM
Why is this

Just seeing him in person.....absolutely, cartoon size big. And to think he can run a 40 in around 5 seconds and is agile as hell. So scary.

Vox Populi
10-11-2009, 10:23 PM
I don't see the point in firing Jauron now. Who are we going to put in as head coach? Fewell? Just ride it out, who gives a **** at this point, fire him the second the season ends, someone murder Ralph, get Jim Kelly to buy it and do whatever the **** it takes to get Shanny or Cowher in charge and give them full control over personnel.

herniateddisc
10-11-2009, 10:28 PM
TO is a beast huh?

Rob S
10-11-2009, 10:38 PM
TO is a beast huh?

I made it a point to watch TO today. He was open......a lot. Problem is, as it was so nicely put on the radio by a call in, Trent Edwards fails at anticipating when a guy is going to get open. In the NFL, its rare a guy is going to be wide open, the QB has to know when an opening will show up and make the throw with authority at the appropriate time. TO got open a lot, but it took Trent, in most cases, too long to see it because he had failed to anticipate it. Now, playing QB is a million times easier when you have a functional OL protecting you, and on many plays today no QB would have looked good, but none the less, TO was not the problem, I can tell you that.

Rob S
10-11-2009, 10:46 PM
I don't see the point in firing Jauron now. Who are we going to put in as head coach? Fewell? Just ride it out, who gives a **** at this point, fire him the second the season ends, someone murder Ralph, get Jim Kelly to buy it and do whatever the **** it takes to get Shanny or Cowher in charge and give them full control over personnel.

April would probably be the guy this season, which I would like actually. He can at least possibly get this team to care. As far as Shanny or Cowher, we will never spend the cash.......I dont think, unless Ralph really wants one before he passes (I am assuming Ralph doesnt get murdered in this scenario). Gruden or a young up and comer is best case scenario imo. what we really need tho, before we go and hire everyone, is a football guy as GM. Maybe then we can hire a decent coach, make good use of our top 5 pick and get this ball rolling in the right direction.

Bills2083
10-12-2009, 12:04 AM
TO is a beast huh?

When Edwards can get the ball in his hands, then yes.
However, this is not the case considering trent wont throw the ball his way. After throwing it to him in the beginning of today's game he just stopped. Owens was open quite often today and edwards just didn't look his way. It lies squarely on his shoulders - not T.O.'s

Rob S
10-12-2009, 09:08 AM
When Edwards can get the ball in his hands, then yes.
However, this is not the case considering trent wont throw the ball his way. After throwing it to him in the beginning of today's game he just stopped. Owens was open quite often today and edwards just didn't look his way. It lies squarely on his shoulders - not T.O.'s

I could be wrong here, but from what I have seen TO is Edwards 1st look on most plays. In fact, he kind of has TO tunnel vision. Problem is, more than half the time, an opposing defender is in his face and TO hasnt finished his route. Since he doesnt even look for Lee & co. regularly, and cant anticipate who else may be open, he is forced to scramble, take the sack, or check it down.

redbills
10-12-2009, 09:42 AM
I went to the game, now my fell like I have a cold and my throat kills all this for a ****** game 6-3. Trent blows, T.O was open a lot. D played well oute LB core is gone now. 9 false starts OMG, 1 player on field for a punt, going for it on 4 & 23 not going for it on 4 & 1.

Bills2083
10-12-2009, 10:39 AM
I could be wrong here, but from what I have seen TO is Edwards 1st look on most plays. In fact, he kind of has TO tunnel vision. Problem is, more than half the time, an opposing defender is in his face and TO hasnt finished his route. Since he doesnt even look for Lee & co. regularly, and cant anticipate who else may be open, he is forced to scramble, take the sack, or check it down.

What I meant was that he didn't look at TO once he made a cut/break.
When he got out of his stance he'd look at Owens but once he started cutting trent just wouldn't look his way. This is what I thought I saw, anyway.

SuperMcGee
10-12-2009, 11:05 AM

At least the last time we had a QB with that much focus on a single receiver, there wasn't Lee ******* Evans on the other side.

What I meant was that he didn't look at TO once he made a cut/break.
When he got out of his stance he'd look at Owens but once he started cutting trent just wouldn't look his way. This is what I thought I saw, anyway.

Edwards never throws it before the break. We don't throw timing patterns.
He also doesn't throw after the break, which makes it a much worse problem. It really looks like he doesn't trust himself to fit the ball in to any moderately deep route, unless the receiver and coverage are on a straight go, on which almost every pass has been overthrown.

He checks it down, and occasionally he'll go for the vertical route that he can never drop in there. If someone is wide open, sure he'll find him if he's not scrambling, but who wouldn't (besides Byron "ball in the dirt" Leftwich)? That sounds like a shy pick-up game quarterback, not somebody that should be running this offense.

Owens in this game was the closest thing we've seen to an intermediate passing game since Schouman went out, and he was pretty open on most of his catches. It's non-existent otherwise.

And why was Evans 3 yards from the LOS with 20 seconds left?

Vox Populi
10-12-2009, 02:50 PM
We're bad. Lets just all pick a new team to cheer for until Jauron is gone. I'm already taking the Bengals just because I lurved them on Hard Knocks and they haven't been **** this year.

SuperKevin
10-12-2009, 02:51 PM
I picked the Las Vegas Locomotives.

Vox Populi
10-12-2009, 03:01 PM
I picked the Las Vegas Locomotives.

Thats like the same team as the Bills though :O

Bills2083
10-12-2009, 03:14 PM
I guess I'll hop on the Colts bandwagon. Or the Broncos.
Terrell Davis used to be my favorite player and I've liked the Broncos since he was there. And I'm a huge fan of Bob Sanders.

BufFan71
10-12-2009, 04:09 PM
We're bad. Lets just all pick a new team to cheer for until Jauron is gone. I'm already taking the Bengals just because I lurved them on Hard Knocks and they haven't been **** this year.

i liked the bengals too after watching Hard Knocks

wanna be Bengal Buddies?

redbills
10-12-2009, 04:27 PM
My dad likes the Bengals as do other family members.

fischbowl
10-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Y'all have failed as fans. I live and die with my home team as bad as it is, I'm not deserting them and leaving them to squalor!

SuperMcGee
10-12-2009, 05:52 PM
I'll pick the Bills.

The rest of you = banned. TL authority in your face!

SuperKevin
10-12-2009, 05:56 PM
Lol. I never said I wasn't a Bills fan anymore. Can I stay?

SuperMcGee
10-12-2009, 05:57 PM
Of course. I would never ban a Locos fan on his birthday.

Bills2083
10-12-2009, 09:21 PM
I don't want to be banned! :(

fischbowl
10-12-2009, 09:27 PM
I don't want to be banned! :(

Should've thought about that before you denounced your fandom!

Bills2083
10-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Should've thought about that before you denounced your fandom!

Can i have a do-over?

fischbowl
10-12-2009, 10:09 PM
Can i have a do-over?

For you, Bills, yes, however heed that warning!

Rob S
10-13-2009, 11:18 AM
Everyone can have a do-over. Your lucky McGee and I are benevolent dictators.

SuperMcGee
10-13-2009, 09:23 PM
Come on, guys!
Me and Rob were supposed to go "Good TL - Bad TL" on this.

You're gettin off light!

Bills2083
10-13-2009, 09:35 PM
This billboard is going up in Buffalo soon!

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll39/ryanabshagen/2qs00so.jpg

It's all paid for.

CJSchneider
10-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Gotta love them Bills fans

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-bills-fanbillboard&prov=ap&type=lgns

SuperMcGee
10-15-2009, 03:31 PM
Nothing will beat the "Willis Is Trash" billboards.

*cringe*

SuperMcGee
10-17-2009, 07:40 PM
Alright.

The bad news is we're an awful team.

The good news is we're beating the Jets.

THE BILLS!!!!

fischbowl
10-17-2009, 09:03 PM
Alright.

The bad news is we're an awful team.

The good news is we're beating the Jets.

THE BILLS!!!!

YAY BILLS!

I'm considering going and trying to buy some tickets off some scalpers. My "Sanchez, mow my lawn" sign is ready

fischbowl
10-18-2009, 07:22 PM
Omg We Beat The Jets!

ruthlessrussian
10-18-2009, 08:04 PM
And are pass defense does it again... I love the win but it's frustating as hell to know that we should be 4-2 right now.

Anyway. any word on how long Trent is out for?

redbills
10-18-2009, 08:21 PM
I don't expect him to be back next week since it's a head injury

SuperKevin
10-18-2009, 08:41 PM
At least we won.

From what little of the game I saw, our pass defense looked great but once again we got ran all over. We need to draft a new starting OLB badly at some point next year

BufFan71
10-18-2009, 08:59 PM
Fitz's TD pass to Lee.... Trent WOULDA NEVER made that pass

SuperKevin
10-18-2009, 08:59 PM
Oh and I think I'm getting a Jairus Byrd jersey. He's my favorite player on the defense right now

ruthlessrussian
10-18-2009, 09:01 PM
Your right and I couldn't agree more about our need for a stud LB. Who do you like coming out next year that could fill that linebacker spot?

ruthlessrussian
10-18-2009, 09:06 PM
Oh and I think I'm getting a Jairus Byrd jersey. He's my favorite player on the defense right now

Flashback of Henry Jones' second season back in the day.

SuperKevin
10-18-2009, 09:06 PM
Your right and I couldn't agree more about our need for a stud LB. Who do you like coming out next year that could fill that linebacker spot?

I'm not sure. All I know is that I want a guy with some size. I'm sick of all these 230 lb OLBs Buffalo seems to like that are always swallowed up by blockers. We need a guy with the size and strength to break through some blocks.

fischbowl
10-18-2009, 09:07 PM
I'm not sure. All I know is that I want a guy with some size. I'm sick of all these 230 lb OLBs Buffalo seems to like that are always swallowed up by blockers. We need a guy with the size and strength to break through some blocks.

http://media.thestate.com/smedia/2008/08/23/21/130-norwoodlead.lead_art_horizontal.prod_affiliate.74. jpg

SuperKevin
10-18-2009, 09:08 PM
I love me some Eric Norwood but I am not sure if he'd do well in our scheme. Couldn't be worse than Ellison though

ruthlessrussian
10-18-2009, 09:15 PM

You know, Relando Mcclain might not be a bad pick. The guy is a badass and people say he can play both inside and out which would be a plus if Poz goes down again.

derza222
10-18-2009, 09:41 PM
Nice game today guys. Neither team played their best game but the Bills were able to get away with it and come away with the W while the Jets weren't. They played tough all game. Byrd looked phenomenal as did the pass defense in general, and the running attack was pretty solid as well although the Jets' run D is less than stellar. Best of luck the rest of the way (outside of your next game against the Jets, of course!).

redbills
10-18-2009, 09:47 PM

ME TOO!!!!

redbills
10-18-2009, 09:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lX7I1Jo-eQ

SuperKevin
10-18-2009, 09:50 PM
ME TOO!!!!

He's the perfect center fielder for our defense. He's pretty much what we thought we were getting with Ko Simpson except he actually has the instincts to go to the ball rather than only make plays when thrown directly to him.

I'm more than willing to let Whitner walk in FA with Byrd playing well.

redbills
10-18-2009, 11:39 PM
I was at the game he got his 1st pick. : )

essential
10-19-2009, 12:50 PM
He's the perfect center fielder for our defense. He's pretty much what we thought we were getting with Ko Simpson except he actually has the instincts to go to the ball rather than only make plays when thrown directly to him.

I'm more than willing to let Whitner walk in FA with Byrd playing well.

Whitner should be allowed to walk no matter what is happening around him, unless he is willing to accept just a decent vet salary. They better not give him top safety money if they re-sign him.

redbills
10-19-2009, 02:03 PM
I want to bring Whit back. He was the 8th pick and no he isn't a top tier S but he is a good player. He has been hurt a lot this year so I hope that will be able to knock down his price tag. Having Whit at SS and Byrd at FS we will have a nice S duo.

redbills
10-19-2009, 02:30 PM
We should start a no shave till Dick is fired.

SuperKevin
10-19-2009, 06:17 PM
I want to bring Whit back. He was the 8th pick and no he isn't a top tier S but he is a good player. He has been hurt a lot this year so I hope that will be able to knock down his price tag. Having Whit at SS and Byrd at FS we will have a nice S duo.

Or after next year we can let Whitner walk and pay a 3rd-4th round rookie 1/5th of what Whitner would make. SS is a position that can easily be filled with a mid round rookie. Look at guys like Dawan Landry and Chris Horton. Those guys played as rookies and did well. We can then use the 3 million or so we'd save on a much more needed player

SuperKevin
10-25-2009, 04:12 PM
Jairus Byrd for DROY. 4 INTs in 5 starts

redbills
10-25-2009, 05:22 PM
Byrd = Best Player Ever.
I want him to have my kids.

SuperKevin
10-25-2009, 05:23 PM
Byrd = Best Player Ever.
I want him to have my kids.

I'm hoping my kid is his

SuperKevin
10-25-2009, 05:24 PM
I hope to god we keep Byrd at FS. My biggest fear is that we'll move him to CB at some point and completely negate his ballhawking ability

SuperMcGee
10-25-2009, 05:34 PM
Can't see that happening. He is definitely a hawking free safety, and we have a line of young corners here.

SuperKevin
10-25-2009, 05:39 PM
Shawn Nelson needs some looks on offense

redbills
10-25-2009, 05:41 PM
He is out. i think.

SuperKevin
10-25-2009, 05:42 PM
He is out. i think.

Oh that makes sense then

SuperMcGee
10-25-2009, 05:42 PM
Nelson is inactive. I forget the ailment.

redbills
10-25-2009, 05:44 PM
head...........10

Bills2083
10-25-2009, 05:48 PM
Shawn Nelson has flu-like symptoms.
Do you guys think Demetrius Bell is deaf? Or maybe he needs to wax his ears?

SuperKevin
10-25-2009, 06:08 PM
Hopefully we activate James Hardy soon and he actually provides the Bills with a red zone target

ruthlessrussian
10-25-2009, 06:18 PM
Jairus Byrd for DROY. 4 INTs in 5 starts

Make it 5 in 5 starts! HaHA!! I love it!

fischbowl
10-25-2009, 06:27 PM
If we can have only one "Sex", then what should Jairus Byrd be?

SuperMcGee
10-25-2009, 06:30 PM
Hopefully we activate James Hardy soon and he actually provides the Bills with a red zone target

A healthy Nelson is the guy we really need to get going in there, but I'd be excited to see more 3+ WR sets down there when Hardy is good to go.

redbills
10-25-2009, 06:41 PM
If we can have only one "Sex", then what should Jairus Byrd be?

hmmmm...............(thinking)

Vox Populi
10-25-2009, 06:55 PM
Make it 5 in 5 starts! HaHA!! I love it!

nvm. yeah hes a beast.

fischbowl
10-25-2009, 06:56 PM
Pretty sure it was only his 3rd start today...

Vox I hate you right now. In fact, I'm kind of surprised I didn't see goatse coming.......

BuffaloBillsFan
10-26-2009, 03:14 PM
Byrd is easily on pace for rookie of the year.

Rob S
10-26-2009, 03:17 PM
I cant believe Juaron may actually pull out another 7-9 season......I really thought we were going to blow horribly and actually land an elite player in the draft. I cant complaim about wins, and I am happy we are on a mini streak here, but God, DJ is amazing at getting teams to play to mediocrity.

SuperKevin
10-26-2009, 06:23 PM
Byrd is easily on pace for rookie of the year.

I think so too but I have a feeling he'll get shafted and they'll give it to a linebacker

fenikz
10-30-2009, 05:16 AM
http://up.widget2.mibbit.com/up/CHHQcFQz.jpg

fischbowl
11-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Yay Red Zone defense!

SuperKevin
11-01-2009, 02:21 PM
Pathetic 2nd half for the Bills today.

fischbowl
11-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Pathetic 2nd half for the Bills today.

Masters of the half game we are

Vox Populi
11-01-2009, 02:32 PM
Masters of the half game we are

Defense just gets worn out by the second half of games.

redbills
11-01-2009, 02:52 PM
1-We need a QB
2-OL needs to devleop and fast
3-We need a run stuffer at DT

Vox Populi
11-01-2009, 03:00 PM
I'm just saying BPA no questions asked other than at S, RB and probably CB and WR in the first round too. Nothing can't be upgraded on this team, but we've got investments at those positions with Lynch/Jackson, Byrd/Whitner, McKelvin/McGee and Lee. Plus after this season its obvious having 2 great receivers means nothing when we cant run the ball and play action doesn't work, the pass blocking is bad, and the quarterbacks are bad as well.

If I had to pick a specific position to go after, I'd go after a big Offensive tackle in round one and defensive tackle in round two this year. There isn't a tonne of OT depth like the past two years this year, and the depth at DT is ridiculous so I'd take them in that order.

I hate Edwards but I could handle another year with him, that said if Clausen or Locker are available I'd take them, I just think we'll play ourselves out of the top 5/10 where we could get them. Anyone else I don't see the point in gambling on with the rest of the players we have right now.

Third need would be linebacker, so grab that in the third if the best one available is close to BPA.

My top 3 needs if Locker or Clausen aren't available are OT/DT/LB for sure.

SuperKevin
11-01-2009, 03:02 PM
I'm about to do a new Bills mock

BufFan71
11-01-2009, 04:24 PM
i missed the game

recap?

SuperKevin
11-01-2009, 04:36 PM
i missed the game

recap?

Jairus Byrd proved that teams can't(and now won't throw deep against us)

Defense couldn't stop anything underneath

Offense couldn't move the ball

BuffaloBillsFan
11-01-2009, 04:47 PM
i missed the game

recap?

Defense looked terrific, they did very good, Byrd made 2 more interceptions, we held them to 10 points until we finally collapsed in the 4th quarter. Our offense is atrocious, our tackles blow donkeys, our receivers aren't running good routes or getting good separation, the quarterback play is awful and the play calling is awful.

Does that help?

Bills2083
11-01-2009, 04:47 PM
Houston had the ball for about 39 minutes.
Our defense did a pretty good job but halfway through the 3rd they looked dead. They killed us in the running game.

Our offense looked like **** as usual.

Jairus Byrd, though! 2 more interceptions, giving him 7 on the season!

BuffaloBillsFan
11-01-2009, 05:18 PM
I'm beginning to forget that our offense actually exists, which is frightening. When I think of the Bills, I only think of special teams and defense these days.

redbills
11-01-2009, 05:31 PM
O sucked
D played well but when you are on the field for 40+ min you get gassed

Bills2083
11-02-2009, 06:35 AM
Go Bills !

Texans linebacker DeMeco Ryans(notes) joked about how simple it was to contain Buffalo’s popgun attack.

“It was easy,” Ryans said. “They kind of had the same formations, they didn’t give us a lot of motions and things. So it was a simple offense to go against.”

Ryans then joked about how good it was sipping Gatorade on the sideline watching the offense take over.

redbills
11-02-2009, 10:12 AM
link to that?

Bills2083
11-03-2009, 03:45 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/buf/report

billsfan1234
11-03-2009, 04:02 PM
we need to get rid of jauron, i cant believe how much i miss mike mularkey as a HC....atleast his offences moved the ball. this has been one sad season, how the hell can our qbs not throw it more than 5 yards down the field?

SuperKevin
11-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Welcome to the board. Nice to have more Bills fans here

fischbowl
11-03-2009, 07:39 PM
Forum Mock So Far:

1) Anthony Davis
2) Brian Price

T.O./Stroud traded. Ernie Sims acquired by trade

SuperKevin
11-03-2009, 07:51 PM
Forum Mock So Far:

1) Anthony Davis
2) Brian Price

Not bad. Not bad at all.

Bills2083
11-03-2009, 08:00 PM
Forum Mock So Far:

1) Anthony Davis
2) Brian Price

Sign and trade TO?

SuperMcGee
11-03-2009, 09:21 PM
Boo to no Stroud. Serious boo.

SuperMcGee
11-03-2009, 09:52 PM
Let's get real, guys.

Where is this man

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2007/1101/ncf_a_willy_200.jpg

and why is that place not behind Geoff Hangartner?

fischbowl
11-03-2009, 10:01 PM
Boo to no Stroud. Serious boo.

Redbills orchestrated the deal and we did get a decent package back. An aging Stroud for a 24 year old former top 10 selection who's a perfect fit in the cover-2. We also pulled in some versatile line help in Manny Ramirez, who also has some starting experience. Then selecting Brian Price, a possible top 15 talent in the 2nd to replace him..........

And I'm not sure where that great man in that picture is. He sure as hell isn't where he's supposed to be

redbills
11-04-2009, 09:57 AM
looking good man. love the stroud trade : )

who you thinking in R3?

fischbowl
11-04-2009, 10:09 AM
Not going to name drop in case of any lurkers, but we could be going either QB or WR I think.

redbills
11-04-2009, 10:29 AM
will have to look at the draft to see who is left

some guys left.
Tony Pike
Eric Decker, Mike Williams, Jeremy Williams
Montario Hardesty could be a nice pick too.
Anthony McCoy the TE from USC

SuperKevin
11-04-2009, 05:41 PM
I know it's wishful thinking seeing how nobody wants to play in Buffalo but who do you want in free agency?

SuperKevin
11-06-2009, 01:47 PM
Is Keith Bulluck a FA this offseason? If so I desperately want him in Buffalo

SuperMcGee
11-06-2009, 02:26 PM
If it's on the topic of wishful thinking, Karlos Dansby would be my guy.

Bills2083
11-06-2009, 03:14 PM
Players I would want here that may be reasonable:

- Anthony Fasano - TE - Miami Dolphins
I've always liked Fasano and he seems to be a well-rounded tight end

- Owen Daniels - TE - Houston Texans
I think he resigns with the Texans, sadly

- Richard Seymour - DT/DE - Oakland Raiders :D
I think he would love to get back at the team that traded him

-Vince Wilfork - DT - New England Patriots
Our run defense is abysmal and we need to shore it up. Sure, Wilfork is in the 3-4, but I'm sure he'd be able to convert to a 4-3 DT. He plays the 1-technique and Stroud a 3-technique... :D

-Ryan Pickett - DT - Green Bay Packers
Once again, we need to get this run defense fixed. And we could always use more depth. He could even start here. He certainly wouldn't command as much as Wilfork/Seymour either.

Linebackers:
-Barrett Ruud - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
-Kirk Morrison - Oakland Raiders
-Thomas Howard - Oakland Raiders
-D'qwell Jackson - Cleveland Browns

Bills2083
11-07-2009, 08:25 AM
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/section/billsdecade

fischbowl
11-07-2009, 11:49 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/65/Buffalo_Bills_helmet_rightface.png/135px-Buffalo_Bills_helmet_rightface.png

Forum Mock Completed. We did 3 Rounds and I mocked the rest with what I would've done shall we went the distance.

First there were trades, as there always is. Redbills orchestrated a deal that sent TO to New England for a 4th and 6 Round picks. He also set up a deal that sent Marcus Stroud and Philadelphia's 6th Round to the Motor City for Ernie Sims, Manny Ramirez, and Detroit's 7th Round selection.

We set our focuses on collegiate players now as we move on to the Draft himself.

1) Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
http://scarletknights.com/football/images/2008/preview/davis.jpg
Not the sexiest 1st Round pick admitted, but the Bills get the star OT they've always wanted

2) Brian Price, DT, UCLA
http://heismanpundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/price.jpg
An absolute steal in the 2nd Round, this monster takes over where Stroud left off

3) Tony Pike, QB, Cincinnati
http://images.athlonsports.com/d/15534-1/TonyPike_001.jpg
It's no doubt Trent has worn his welcome in Buffalo, fresh blood to develop into a franchise QB

4) Patrick Angerer, MLB, Iowa
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0427/ncf_i_angererts_300.jpg
Gritty, blue collar MLB a sure upgrade over Marcus Buggs at MLB

4) Naaman Roosevelt, WR, Buffalo
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/68/682019.jpg
A man that should have many Z's behind his name, this local product provides valuable depth with James Hardy healthy

5) Thomas Austin, OL, Clemson
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0423/ncf_i_austin_300.jpg
Depth pick can play multiple positions on the interior line

6) Greg Middleton, DE, Indiana
http://www.iuplanet.com/~hoosier_news/20080503middleton.jpg
Productive college DE will try and fit his way into the rotation

6) LeRoy Vann, CB, Florida A&M
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_aXwvjOCyM24/SSm_Yw2XypI/AAAAAAAALDA/rxzkiyFx3Ps/s400/FAMU+LeRoy+Vann.jpg
Return Specialist to compete with McKelvin

7) Rashawn Jackson, FB, Virginia
http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics/200/UM/UMHECPKAXQTYVBF.20090413202809.jpg
Because Corey McIntyre is an eyesore

7) Stevenson Sylvester, LB, Utah
http://www.deseretnews.com/photos/midres/5936306.jpg
College rover is all over the field

Final Depth Chart:

QB: Edwards > Pike > Fitzpatrick > Hamdan
HB: Lynch > Jackson > Omon > Hall > Hairston
FB: McIntyre > Jackson > Schouman
WR: Hardy > Reed > Jenkins > Hawthorne
WR: Evans > Parrish > Roosevelt > St. Johnson > Huggins
TE: Nelson > Fine > Schouman > Stupar
LT: Davis > Bell > Chambers > Hennessey
LG: Levitre > Ramirez
C: Hangartner > McKinney > Philip
RG: Wood > Austin > Ramsey
RT: Butler > J. Scott > Meredith

DE: Schobel > Denney > Middleton > Smith
DT: Williams > McCargo
DT: Price > Sp. Johnson > Mace
DE: Maybin > Kelsay > Ellis > McGhee
WLB: Sims > Ellison > N. Harris
MLB: Posluszny > Angerer > Buggs > Draft > Waters
SLB: Mitchell > Corto > Palmer > Sylvester
CB: McGee > Youboty > Sex Lankster > Sargeant
CB: McKelvin > Florence > Corner > C. Harris
FS: Byrd > Wilson > T. Johnson
SS: Whitner > B. Scott > Wendling

K: Lindell
P: Moorman
LS: Sanborn
RS: Vann

So gentlemen, what do you think?

SuperMcGee
11-08-2009, 01:22 AM
I don't like the idea of getting rid of Stroud, at all.
Price was a nice grab, though.

Good draft throughout, considering.
The trade block may have handcuffed your depth chart, but I demand Roscoe and Youboty be bumped down immediately. Can't stop Naaman, Stevie, and The Sex.

Bills2083
11-08-2009, 08:33 AM
How did we trade Owens?

BufFan71
11-08-2009, 09:06 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/65/Buffalo_Bills_helmet_rightface.png/135px-Buffalo_Bills_helmet_rightface.png

Forum Mock Completed. We did 3 Rounds and I mocked the rest with what I would've done shall we went the distance.

First there were trades, as there always is. Redbills orchestrated a deal that sent TO to New England for a 4th and 6 Round picks. He also set up a deal that sent Marcus Stroud and Philadelphia's 6th Round to the Motor City for Ernie Sims, Manny Ramirez, and Detroit's 7th Round selection.

We set our focuses on collegiate players now as we move on to the Draft himself.

1) Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
http://scarletknights.com/football/images/2008/preview/davis.jpg
Not the sexiest 1st Round pick admitted, but the Bills get the star OT they've always wanted

2) Brian Price, DT, UCLA
http://heismanpundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/price.jpg
An absolute steal in the 2nd Round, this monster takes over where Stroud left off

3) Tony Pike, QB, Cincinnati
http://images.athlonsports.com/d/15534-1/TonyPike_001.jpg
It's no doubt Trent has worn his welcome in Buffalo, fresh blood to develop into a franchise QB

4) Patrick Angerer, MLB, Iowa
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0427/ncf_i_angererts_300.jpg
Gritty, blue collar MLB a sure upgrade over Marcus Buggs at MLB

4) Naaman Roosevelt, WR, Buffalo
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/68/682019.jpg
A man that should have many Z's behind his name, this local product provides valuable depth with James Hardy healthy

5) Thomas Austin, OL, Clemson
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0423/ncf_i_austin_300.jpg
Depth pick can play multiple positions on the interior line

6) Greg Middleton, DE, Indiana
http://www.iuplanet.com/~hoosier_news/20080503middleton.jpg
Productive college DE will try and fit his way into the rotation

6) LeRoy Vann, CB, Florida A&M
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_aXwvjOCyM24/SSm_Yw2XypI/AAAAAAAALDA/rxzkiyFx3Ps/s400/FAMU+LeRoy+Vann.jpg
Return Specialist to compete with McKelvin

7) Rashawn Jackson, FB, Virginia
http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics/200/UM/UMHECPKAXQTYVBF.20090413202809.jpg
Because Corey McIntyre is an eyesore

7) Stevenson Sylvester, LB, Utah
http://www.deseretnews.com/photos/midres/5936306.jpg
College rover is all over the field
So gentlemen, what do you think?

i like it a lot

redbills
11-08-2009, 09:54 AM
Good job, got younger by trading away older guys like T.O and Stroud for Sims, a depth G and draft picks.

Are you guys doing the 4th? I thought they said you might.

fischbowl
11-08-2009, 01:45 PM
How did we trade Owens?

No FA period so technically we get all players back.

Are you guys doing the 4th? I thought they said you might.

Doesn't look likely

SuperMcGee
11-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Wrong thread.

GO BILLLLLLS!!!!!!!!

fischbowl
11-08-2009, 02:58 PM
Bye week blues.........

I'm ******* bored

SuperMcGee
11-08-2009, 03:12 PM
For serious.

It's so nice out today, too. But I used up all my energy yesterday when it was just as nice (soccer, football, hockey all day). Now I'm just really sore and bored.

fischbowl
11-08-2009, 03:16 PM
For serious.

It's so nice out today, too. But I used up all my energy yesterday when it was just as nice (soccer, football, hockey all day). Now I'm just really sore and bored.

It's about 65 degrees in the NYC. And it's a shame because I'm in the office today. Maybe later I'll try and get a wiffle/hockey game going. We take this **** seriously

BufFan71
11-08-2009, 06:44 PM
It's about 65 degrees in the NYC. And it's a shame because I'm in the office today. Maybe later I'll try and get a wiffle/hockey game going. We take this **** seriously

65 degrees?

thats cold!

(live in FL)

SuperKevin
11-08-2009, 09:31 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4636199

no thanks.

fischbowl
11-08-2009, 09:35 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4636199

no thanks.

Oh hellll no

redbills
11-09-2009, 09:52 AM
Will be to sell tickets just like T.O.

SuperKevin
11-09-2009, 11:59 AM

Shoot I'll give the team money not to sign Mike Vick

SuperKevin
11-09-2009, 03:54 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4637883

What a shock. Offensive players think it's a bad idea and the defensive players want him.

Rob S
11-09-2009, 04:21 PM
haha........we are a laughing stock.

Iamcanadian
11-09-2009, 11:42 PM

I agree. Wilson is finding it harder and harder to fool Buffalo fans into thinking he has any interest in spending enough money to produce a competitive team. That's why he sold a few home games to Toronto, signed TO and is contemplating signing Vick.

OTcoach
11-10-2009, 08:25 PM
You guys think we should go OT or QB in Rd 1?

SuperKevin
11-10-2009, 08:59 PM
You guys think we should go OT or QB in Rd 1?

I'd prefer OT but seriously BPA might be our best bet. We have a bad history of reaching on picks

redbills
11-11-2009, 09:19 AM
I think we should pass on all the good players and pick a S that is a late R1 prospect........................o wait we did that already

fischbowl
11-11-2009, 05:02 PM
Big James activated finally, X-Factor Omon waived

TitanHope
11-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Is Keith Bulluck a FA this offseason? If so I desperately want him in Buffalo

He is, but I hope the Titans tag him.

But, Scotty already called dibs, sooo... ;)

fischbowl
11-11-2009, 08:16 PM
He is, but I hope the Titans tag him.

But, Scotty already called dibs, sooo... ;)

Oh and you lose this weekend!

Just talkin shiz!

TitanHope
11-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Oh and you lose this weekend!

Just talkin shiz!

O rly?!!!

j00 guyz aer goin down fasta that David Carr behind tha Green Bay offensive linez0rz!!!

SuperMcGee
11-13-2009, 01:02 PM
Bryan Scott is our new starting linebacker.

Classic Dick/Perry.

fischbowl
11-13-2009, 01:32 PM
Bryan Scott is our new starting linebacker.

Classic Dick/Perry.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s238/bradly2795/lol_wut.jpg

And TitanHope, you just wait until Sunday, you'll need extra cushy towels to wipe the figurative cum that we splat on yo faces!

TitanHope
11-13-2009, 03:51 PM
And TitanHope, you just wait until Sunday, you'll need extra cushy towels to wipe the figurative cum that we splat on yo faces!

It's ok, I've already got one!

http://user.pa.net/~ejjeff/towel.jpg

Oh snap! I went there!

fischbowl
11-15-2009, 01:07 PM
Did T.O. just really catch a 46 yard pass? What? My mind is blown

SuperKevin
11-15-2009, 01:07 PM
Did T.O. just really catch a 46 yard pass? What? My mind is blown

Did Fred Jackson throw it?

fischbowl
11-15-2009, 01:10 PM
Did Fred Jackson throw it?

It was all Captain Checkdown.....

On another note, we may have solved our QB controversy with Fast Freddy

SuperKevin
11-15-2009, 01:11 PM
Jairus Byrd!!!!!!!!!!!!

fischbowl
11-15-2009, 01:12 PM
Jairus Byrd!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jairus Byrd you kick so much ass everyday, I want you!!!

redbills
11-15-2009, 02:58 PM
omg we suck harder than a 5 dollar ***** (women that give bjs)

TitanHope
11-15-2009, 03:25 PM
I don't think Edwards deserved to be benched. Hope that was a precaution. It's not like he was playing horrible. Jauron just made a bad decision to not take the 10-yards which kept the Titans in FG range, and Edwards was down more than a score so he had to force it.

Either way, GG guys! Good luck on the rest of the season, especially against the AFC South! ;)

redbills
11-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Did you not see his last 3 throws? OMG I could have done better.

BufFan71
11-15-2009, 03:42 PM
ive lost any hope that Dbell will develope into a starting LT

Levitre looked better at LT than he did

SuperMcGee
11-15-2009, 03:51 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/football/nfl/players/6568.jpg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/football/nfl/players/6781.jpg
?

fischbowl
11-16-2009, 02:12 AM

It's time for the Gibrany Jabrony to kick in!

SuperMcGee
11-16-2009, 02:04 PM
Marshawn ran hard as balls yesterday, which may make this hard to agree with, but we need Freddy Jackson as our workhorse back.

We also need to draft the best route-runner available in the 2nd round.

And at some point get a QB who won't waste it.

BufFan71
11-16-2009, 02:18 PM
Marshawn ran hard as balls yesterday, which may make this hard to agree with, but we need Freddy Jackson as our workhorse back.

Marshawn on had like 8 carries yesterday
he was averagin 4.1ypc

why we only finished with 17 carries as a team blows my mind

SuperMcGee
11-16-2009, 02:24 PM
Me also thinks that Brad Butler is one of the most overlooked big-impact injuries in the league this year. He hardly proved himself as a RT, and was not very well known around the league at that position, but it was a killer.

Bills2083
11-16-2009, 03:18 PM

We also need a left tackle.
Whoever we have at QB will fail behind this OLine. Yes, I know there has been a huge amount of injuries, but Bell doesn't seem to have improved since the beginning of the season.

SuperMcGee
11-16-2009, 04:19 PM
That's why I said WR in the 2nd.

The first round is strictly reserved for a LT.

Or Jimmy Clausen.

fischbowl
11-16-2009, 10:05 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-titans-adams&prov=ap&type=lgns

Vigilante Justice, Mr. Goodell!

Bills2083
11-17-2009, 06:45 AM
Schobel: "It's embarrassing"

WGR Newsroom
http://www.wgr550.com/Schobel---It-s...ssing-/5690454 (http://www.wgr550.com/Schobel---It-s-embarrassing-/5690454)
Apparently the frustration surrounding the Buffalo Bills isn't limited to just the fans.
http://imgsrv.wgr550.com/image/DbGraphic/200911/1417237.jpg
According to Associated Press writer John Wawrow, Bills defensive end Aaron Schobel expressed his dismay with the franchise's current state of affairs at One Bills Drive Monday. "It's embarrassing. I mean, we're technically, mathematically still in it, I guess, but it's like what... are we doing here?"

Wawrow going on to write that Schobel was within earshot of some team officials and stopped himself from really delving in to the issue. Schobel ended by saying, "That's all I can say without saying what I want to say."

Buffalo has struggled both offensively and defensively to a 3-6 start to the season.

__________________________________________________ _

I REALLY want to know what he wants to say about this team.

redbills
11-17-2009, 10:37 AM
I hope he ask for a trade. While he is our best DE that doesn't say much, maybe a trade will help him and we can get a draft pick or 2.

SuperKevin
11-17-2009, 12:22 PM
Trading Schobel would make me really sad.

redbills
11-17-2009, 02:07 PM
Dick fired, o'yea!

billsfan1234
11-17-2009, 02:17 PM
Its About Time!!!!

fischbowl
11-17-2009, 02:30 PM
azziWE8BFUU

Seriously i got up and danced at work

Bills2083
11-17-2009, 02:37 PM
REP for every Bills fan! (more to others when it lets me)
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Users down: Kevin, Fisch
Users to go: McGee, RedBills, Vox, BufFan, ?

And fisch, your post made me burst out laughing.
Thanks haha

BuffaloBillsFan
11-17-2009, 03:13 PM
Now fire our scouting department and entire front office, do a complete sweep, even the ball boys must go.

redbills
11-17-2009, 03:25 PM
Now fire our scouting department and entire front office, do a complete sweep, even the ball boys must go.

agree, but I really like Fewell I hope he does well and is back as the DC. I mean how does he get the D to play so well with all the guys out and them on the field for 3 q.

redbills
11-17-2009, 03:29 PM
Mike Zimmer next HC?

fischbowl
11-17-2009, 04:23 PM
http://blog.nola.com/johndeshazier/2009/04/medium_April_Bobby.jpg

Rob S
11-17-2009, 04:48 PM
This is a great day, but if Ralph doesnt open up his checkbook and hire a legit HC it will just set us up for another 3-4 years of mediocrity.

SuperMcGee
11-17-2009, 05:20 PM
Trading Schobel would make me really sad.

It would be terrible.
I feel bad that guys like him and Evans are pretty much stuck as career Bills, but I never want to see them leave.

roidrunner
11-18-2009, 07:24 PM
So there is a rumor going around that Brian Brohm is going to become a Buffalo Bill real soon. I have heard this through my louisville connections, i have not seen anything in the news , so this is all hear-say. But what do you guys think about this possible move.

Rob S
11-18-2009, 08:39 PM
Better than Fitzpatrick I guess. Edwards should be the QB the rest of this year. Its not like Fitz is the QB of the future, see if Edwards can maybe get himself right.

Btw, ESPN is reporting that we have made contact with Shanny......would be amazing.

redbills
11-18-2009, 08:42 PM
He he a FA?

roidrunner
11-18-2009, 08:56 PM
no he is on the practice squad with the packers, so if he signs he would have to be on your active roster.

redbills
11-18-2009, 09:11 PM
okay, yea I'd take him then.

roidrunner
11-18-2009, 09:13 PM
the minute i find something about the signing i will let you know. But what i keep hearing is that he is going to Buffalo. Maybe he could be Shanny's new QB.

fischbowl
11-18-2009, 09:40 PM
Brian Brohm I guess is worth a shot.

We signed Joel Klopfenstein today after placing Derek Fine on the IR

roidrunner
11-18-2009, 09:46 PM
well the only thing i can find is a facebook status by a packers player saying he needs a new room mate because his current one works for the bills now.

fischbowl
11-18-2009, 09:48 PM
well the only thing i can find is a facebook status by a packers player saying he needs a new room mate because his current one works for the bills now.

Promising.......very promising

roidrunner
11-18-2009, 09:54 PM
this is all i could find sadly. Btw the player is Breno Giacomini who played with Brohm at Louisville. And also Brohm and Eric Wood are also really close friends. So this should be interesting to see

redbills
11-18-2009, 10:02 PM
link to his facebook were he says that?
thanks

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
11-18-2009, 11:42 PM
If you guys get Shanahan, that would be great for you. As long as he doesn't bring that chump Slowik.

But Shanny is great for young QBs. I think he was a big reason Cutler was so good so soon, and I think part of the reason he's struggling now is because Shanny isn't there anymore. He could help Edwards, Brohm or a rookie out a lot. I'm not sure if he still has it in him to win a SB, but he could definitely put you guys on the right track.

SuperKevin
11-18-2009, 11:47 PM
Here's an issue. If Shanahan comes does he install the ZBS? If so do we have players for it or are we going to need a complete overhaul of our line(as if that wasn't already going to happen)

BuffaloBillsFan
11-19-2009, 12:30 AM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/11/19/shanahan-likely-to-meet-with-bills-officials-next-week/

SuperMcGee
11-19-2009, 12:36 AM
Well we did sign Brohm, alright.

Can't really dislike it. Did we cut someone? Or anyone else besides Fine go to IR?

SuperKevin
11-19-2009, 12:38 AM
Hopefully we cut Trent

Question: If Shanahan comes in does anyone else see us dealing Marshawn Lynch? He's not exactly a Shanahan style runner.

roidrunner
11-19-2009, 01:18 AM
here is something from Rotoworld:
Bills signed QB Brian Brohm off the Packers' practice squad.
Brohm is unlikely to make a difference in Buffalo, but he's a worthwhile late-season pickup with the Bills going nowhere. The 2008 second-round pick lacked confidence throughout his 1 1/2-year stay in Green Bay. He has NFL-caliber tools, but probably needs a miracle-working position coach to fix his mindset. Brohm will finish out 2009 as Buffalo's No. 4 quarterback.

Don Vito
11-19-2009, 05:12 AM
Jauron is from swampscott MA. 'nuff said.

fischbowl
11-19-2009, 09:22 AM
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2009/11/qb-brohm-picks-bills.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+typepad%2Fbuffalonews%2Fbillb oard+(BillBoard)

BufFan71
11-19-2009, 09:25 AM
Hopefully we cut Trent

Question: If Shanahan comes in does anyone else see us dealing Marshawn Lynch? He's not exactly a Shanahan style runner.

no.. marshawn could really excel in shannys system

fischbowl
11-19-2009, 09:32 AM
Here's an issue. If Shanahan comes does he install the ZBS? If so do we have players for it or are we going to need a complete overhaul of our line(as if that wasn't already going to happen)

I actually believe Levitre and Butler would excel in the ZBS.

redbills
11-19-2009, 10:13 AM
wow, good call man.

+ Rep!

BufFan71
11-19-2009, 11:29 AM
i think if Shanahan comes in...
hes gonna bring in his own QB through the draft

and i think there will be a HUGE turnover defensively..
players like McCargo, Ellison, Mitchell, Kelsay, maybe Poz are all goin to be replaced through FA

redbills
11-19-2009, 12:04 PM
Poz is cheap doubt he gets cut and Mitchell doesn't make that much.

fischbowl
11-19-2009, 12:54 PM
Unfortunately, the wrong QB was released to make room from Brohm. I'm sure going to miss Hangin' 10 :(

SuperKevin
11-19-2009, 03:34 PM
Does the signing of former 2nd round pick Brian Brohm make you reconsider the need for an early quarterback in the 2010 draft? For me it does. I'd rather invest the early choices on surrounding players that will help whover plays QB succeed.

fischbowl
11-19-2009, 03:51 PM
Does the signing of former 2nd round pick Brian Brohm make you reconsider the need for an early quarterback in the 2010 draft? For me it does. I'd rather invest the early choices on surrounding players that will help whover plays QB succeed.

100% agree. Personally I was all for a 3rd or 4th Round developmental QB anyways.

redbills
11-19-2009, 04:44 PM

Yes it does, but if the new coach doesn't like him then he won't have a shot. I hope he comes in and gets some PT late in the year.

SuperMcGee
11-19-2009, 04:53 PM
2007 McGee says: "We have ourselves a franchise quarterback!"

2005 McGee adds: "Good thing we have Jonathan Scott to protect him!"

Present McGee misses Gibran.

fischbowl
11-19-2009, 09:22 PM
An Acceptable Situation In These Circumstances:

Gibran Hamdan signs with the Giants, takes residence on my couch. We stay up late at night, play video games and mack on the chickies. All this coupled with glorious manthems and high fives! Brian Brohm leads the Bills to glory! We'll let him do the work, me and Hammie will just watch and approve

SuperKevin
11-19-2009, 10:55 PM
I used to play youth baseball with Gibran Hamdan's little brother Busch. He ended up playing football at Boise State

Poz51
11-20-2009, 12:43 PM

I was gonna ask you about this, I personally think it does, although a new coach might want to start over at QB, I love Brohm, was hoping we would draft him instead of Hardy two years ago. I was surprised back then he was not taken in the first round. I hope he will get some playing time, for me this makes a Left Tackle the primary priority of this upcoming draft. Having said that, what do you think happens if Levitre succeeds at LT?? Do they move him back to gaurd regardless??

Iamcanadian
11-20-2009, 01:14 PM
I was gonna ask you about this, I personally think it does, although a new coach might want to start over at QB, I love Brohm, was hoping we would draft him instead of Hardy two years ago. I was surprised back then he was not taken in the first round. I hope he will get some playing time, for me this makes a Left Tackle the primary priority of this upcoming draft. Having said that, what do you think happens if Levitre succeeds at LT?? Do they move him back to gaurd regardless??

Edwards is our likely starter next year, he is the best we have. I completely agree that a LT is an absolute must for this team to move forward. Levitre is a guard pure and simple. He is way overmatched at LT.

BufFan71
11-20-2009, 01:36 PM
Edwards is our likely starter next year, he is the best we have. I completely agree that a LT is an absolute must for this team to move forward. Levitre is a guard pure and simple. He is way overmatched at LT.

the coaches dont even believe hes the best option we have right now

NO way Trent is the starter next year

SuperMcGee
11-20-2009, 02:43 PM

The current coach feels Fitzpatrick is the best we have. At least one person with high ranking in this organization likes Brian Brohm. A whole new coach probably doesn't like any of it.
I just don't think anyone can say much about our QB situation next year at this point, especially with none of them set to be free agents.

fischbowl
11-22-2009, 12:09 PM
Oh Fitzy........

http://jamie-online.com/random-jamz/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/facepalm.jpg

It's Brohm time

SuperKevin
11-22-2009, 12:26 PM
At least we're getting T.O. involved early

redbills
11-22-2009, 12:32 PM
the sex just made a play on ST!

SuperKevin
11-22-2009, 12:42 PM
We need to draft someone who can cover a tight end.

redbills
11-22-2009, 12:44 PM
I'd rather draft someone who can stop the run.

SuperKevin
11-22-2009, 12:45 PM
I'd rather draft someone who can stop the run.

That needs to be done as well. I'm just sick of seeing marginally talented tight ends torch our OLBs

redbills
11-22-2009, 02:39 PM
Eric I hope you can walk again, I don't care if you never play again I just want you to walk. That was just b-a-d.

The Unseen
11-22-2009, 03:05 PM
Good game guys. TO showed up today. Too bad about all your injuries.