PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bills Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22

Rob S
01-19-2010, 12:51 PM
I am praying someone else walks out at this press conference..............that would be amazing. Not going to happen, but I wont open the bottle until I look the devil in the eyes.

Poz51
01-19-2010, 01:10 PM
There is absolutely nothing I like about this franchise right now other than the fact they are the Buffalo Bills. **** my life.

Wow, my thoughts almost to a T yesterday, then I wake up today to reports that Chan Gailey is gonna be hired today, and Redskins people are making fun of the Bills organization... Seriously, Redskins radio personalities are making fun of the Bills organization... On a positive note Cowher said F-off, hire Chan Gailey and we did :p Its a good day to put a few back, a stop by the liquor store might be called for... At least there is a chance our backup qb's will take us to the play-offs and a first round loss...

BufFan71
01-19-2010, 01:14 PM
man, i wonder how Nix and Russ are gonna sell Gailey to the fans

redbills
01-19-2010, 01:42 PM
Nix took jab at OAK, lol.

OTcoach
01-19-2010, 02:33 PM
What type of D does Gailey like 4-3 or 3-4??

If we're going 3-4 this year our draft board will have to focus on 3-4 defenders.

Stroud on the nose?

redbills
01-19-2010, 03:17 PM
What type of D does Gailey like 4-3 or 3-4??

If we're going 3-4 this year our draft board will have to focus on 3-4 defenders.

Stroud on the nose?

said he is more open to the 34 then he was years ago.

hahaha, the guy can't win 1v1 anymore how the hell will he handle 2 guys?

redbills
01-19-2010, 04:07 PM
Marty Schottenheimer wanted Bills gig
http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post...nted-bills-gig

:smackface:

fischbowl
01-19-2010, 10:11 PM
Put a gun

in my mouth

Chan Gailey, can't ******* do it, shiiitttt

SuperMcGee
01-20-2010, 12:06 AM
1. Adopt spread
2. Draft Naaman Roosevelt
3. Profit

fischbowl
01-20-2010, 07:15 AM
1. Adopt spread
2. Draft Naaman Roosevelt
3. Profit

3. ???
4. Profit

Rob S
01-20-2010, 07:41 AM
I dont get this organization..........how the hell can you be uncomfortable with hiring Marty and then you go out and get Chan ******* Gailey.....this is insane. All along we were fishing for all of these established coaches, Marty bites and we choose Gailey, this is garbage.

OTcoach
01-20-2010, 09:07 AM
said he is more open to the 34 then he was years ago.

hahaha, the guy can't win 1v1 anymore how the hell will he handle 2 guys?

He could lay in there on 1st and 2nd downs for a year at least on the nose.

DL Williams Stroud Seymour

LB Mitchell Puz Ellison Maybin

Sec McGee Byrd Scott McKelvin

fischbowl
01-20-2010, 09:10 AM

Ellison in the middle? Really? This is terrible

redbills
01-20-2010, 10:26 AM
I dont get this organization..........how the hell can you be uncomfortable with hiring Marty and then you go out and get Chan ******* Gailey.....this is insane. All along we were fishing for all of these established coaches, Marty bites and we choose Gailey, this is garbage.

Nix has a history with Marty and remember Nix & Smith fired him after a 14-2 year so he must know something we don't.

redbills
01-20-2010, 10:26 AM

Stroud isn't a NT, we aren't going to get a big FA so Seymour isn't coming unless he doesn't want much $$$

Ellison at ILB?

Where is Wilson?

Poz51
01-20-2010, 10:52 AM

Stroud (who should be released immediatly next year if he performes like he did this past season) would just get pushed out of the way, and we would give up 400 yards a game to the Jets in the 3-4, if he was the nose.
Buffalo needs to keep the 4-3, the only 3-4 front seven personnel that make sense currently on the roster are Maybin at OLB (drafting him still pisses me off in that it made no sense), Posluszny at ILB, and Williams playing the undertackle/defensive end position, other than that maybe mitchell comes back and plays ILB, Ellison might (and thats a stretch) be able to fill the other OLB spot, Stroud would have to fill in at the other DE spot, meaning best case scenerio we need a nose tackle to come in right away, Stroud to hold up, Mitchell to come back health, Ellison to hold up, and every one to stay healthy and "get it" (the defense).
Seymour is a pipe dream, the Raiders just gave up what a first round pick for him? If they let him go they would prove themselves to have the IQ of a slug, or dead man (Al Davis would apply).
If we keep the 4-3 the holes on defense can be address easier than switching to the 3-4 and almost starting over from scratch, which would be a possibility if we did not essentially have to rebuild most of the offense as well.
I would agree that Wilson should be starting next year, and throwing a couple back yesterday eased the pain a little...

OTcoach
01-20-2010, 12:48 PM
Stroud (who should be released immediatly next year if he performes like he did this past season) would just get pushed out of the way, and we would give up 400 yards a game to the Jets in the 3-4, if he was the nose.
Buffalo needs to keep the 4-3, the only 3-4 front seven personnel that make sense currently on the roster are Maybin at OLB (drafting him still pisses me off in that it made no sense), Posluszny at ILB, and Williams playing the undertackle/defensive end position, other than that maybe mitchell comes back and plays ILB, Ellison might (and thats a stretch) be able to fill the other OLB spot, Stroud would have to fill in at the other DE spot, meaning best case scenerio we need a nose tackle to come in right away, Stroud to hold up, Mitchell to come back health, Ellison to hold up, and every one to stay healthy and "get it" (the defense).
Seymour is a pipe dream, the Raiders just gave up what a first round pick for him? If they let him go they would prove themselves to have the IQ of a slug, or dead man (Al Davis would apply).
If we keep the 4-3 the holes on defense can be address easier than switching to the 3-4 and almost starting over from scratch, which would be a possibility if we did not essentially have to rebuild most of the offense as well.
I would agree that Wilson should be starting next year, and throwing a couple back yesterday eased the pain a little...

Yeah a bit of sarcasim in my 3-4 starting lineup. I think the real issue we have is that we really have 1 (maybe 2) starting caliber D lineman on our team. Regardless of 4-3 or 3-4 we have one guy Williams and no one else.

Our O-line is not good but we have Wood, Levitre, Hangartner and maybe 1 OT. I think our biggest need has to be D-line. Edwards will be able to play in Gailey's offense because we'll run ala LJ and Priest Holmes. We need to draft or sign at least 2 Dlineman if not 3.

SuperMcGee
01-20-2010, 02:00 PM
I think (would hope) that we see Brad Butler as more valuable than Hangartner.

The right end will hopefully be at least a year of the old Aaron and the young Aaron.

Kelsay is bleh. Stroud I can live with, but neither are our long term answers. We can start trying to draft young guys as potential replacements, especially at DT, but I don't think we see big changes or high draft picks on the line this year. Then again, with new coaches I really have no idea. Best chance is that they realize that you can do much, much better than Kelsay.

I just want some linebackers.

And fisch, I thought it was pretty clear how Naaman leads directly to profit.

redbills
01-20-2010, 07:06 PM
What I'd like the O-Line to look like

Draft/FA/Bell/Meredith-Levitre-Wood-Incognito-Butler

Hangartner will back up the 3 IOL spots
Bell, to bad he got hurt he needed the PT.
Meredith I think can play LT if not then he is the future RT imo.

SuperMcGee
01-20-2010, 07:29 PM
I'm not giving such high expectations to Meredith. He looked alright, not all the time, as one of a bunch of replacements thrown at the wall. I like having him for depth, and who knows how good he'll be, but I'm not expecting much.
I really wish we saw more of Butler before that bad injury. He looked good at RT in his short time there, and at 26, I don't want to think about replacing him.

redbills
01-20-2010, 08:36 PM
Butler is only 26? I thought he was like 28+. Meredith if nothing else should become a good back-up and he could play every spot but C. With the way we get hurt we need versatile back-ups.

redbills
01-20-2010, 11:14 PM
John Guy fired
http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=106658

Poz51
01-21-2010, 10:42 AM
Yeah a bit of sarcasim in my 3-4 starting lineup. I think the real issue we have is that we really have 1 (maybe 2) starting caliber D lineman on our team. Regardless of 4-3 or 3-4 we have one guy Williams and no one else.

Our O-line is not good but we have Wood, Levitre, Hangartner and maybe 1 OT. I think our biggest need has to be D-line. Edwards will be able to play in Gailey's offense because we'll run ala LJ and Priest Holmes. We need to draft or sign at least 2 Dlineman if not 3.

I hear you on the sarcasm...
I hope Schobel does not retire, that would give us two quality dline men, schobel and williams, I would love to find a new home for Maybin, and Lynch, possibly Whitner or Wilson who'm ever gets some value back, hell I'd package Maybin, Whitner and Lynch for a first, might even settle for a high second, any takers?? I would agree on the upgrade needed on the defensive line, althoguh I thought Kelsey had one of his best years (which isnt saying much), and maybe a run stuffing DT would go a long way in itsefl. I would agree that Wood, Levitre and Hangartner is a good interior oline, but we certainly need a LT, I can live with Meredith and Bultler at RT. As for Edwards I think he can be shipped off as well, he has not been the same since being knocked sensless by Adrian Wilson. We need alot of help, and this draft would be a good one to sacrifice a little from next years to build with depending on how things fall.
Firing John Guy is one more step in the right direction.
Anyone else wondering why Marty (I know he was not a R. Wilson favorite)and Brian B. were not interviewed? And am I the only one who doesnt understand why we couldnt wait to interview/talk to Frazier?

SuperMcGee
01-21-2010, 11:39 AM
No reason to get rid of Wilson, he should start for us. We just need to sign him first. Maybin is also not going anywhere.

Edwards has to be gone. New guy - Fitzy - Brohm or whoever else you want as a 3rd (Drew Willy!)

Rob S
01-21-2010, 07:18 PM
I want a QB in the draft..........Ryan Fitzpatrick is so clearly not the answer. If not a QB, we need OT. The only excuse for not taking a QB would be not wanting to expose him ala David Carr behind our ****** OL.

Poz51
01-22-2010, 08:46 AM
No reason to get rid of Wilson, he should start for us. We just need to sign him first.
Agreed We would be paying alot for two SS's, to move Whitner or not to move Whitner...

Maybin is also not going anywhere.
Uhh... I know, if we move to the 3-4 then maybe there is a chance, if we stay 4-3, the vomit taste in my mouth is gaining strength...

Edwards has to be gone. New guy - Fitzy - Brohm or whoever else you want as a 3rd (Drew Willy!)
Amen

Personnally if Clausen is gone, I would not touch one of the other QB's in this draft until the 4th round... I would prefer to build the team so that a qb can come in and have a chance...
Locker or Mallatt next year? Who's with me?

Rob S
01-24-2010, 08:58 PM
I hate Mallatt, a lot. I like Locker tho. I want Clausen or an OT in rd.1.....anything else is totally unacceptable imo unless there is a huge freefall by someone.

Poz51
01-26-2010, 07:21 AM
I hate Mallatt, a lot. I like Locker tho. I want Clausen or an OT in rd.1.....anything else is totally unacceptable imo unless there is a huge freefall by someone.

Mallett grew on me a little at the end of the season, I will be interested to see if Locker can continue to develop next year, if he does as I believe he will I think he will be the best overall qb to come into the draft in two years. I agree with Clausen or an LT in round one, Clausen needs work, and is not the most athletic qb around, nor do I feel as good of a prospect as Stafford or Ryan who have come out in recent years, but is hands down the best available option this year for my money. Unless McCoy falls or McClain presents the best value I am with you that everything else is unacceptable...
Why so much hate for Mallett? Desides the over throws...

redbills
01-26-2010, 09:11 PM
Bills hire Giff Smith (http://ramblinwreck.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/smith_giff00.html) as OLB coach per PFT.

Sounds like we are moving to a 3-4 guys.

redbills
01-26-2010, 09:20 PM
http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=107087
Bills and Rams interested in trading for Mcnabb
I just heard it on the radio 40 minutes ago on my way home. Lee Hamilton said Bills and Rams offcials have held secret meetings with Eagles officials in Mobile Alabama and have interest in trading for Mcnabb. Take it for what its worth but the last time Lee reported Bills news about Jim Bates interviewing for the DC job he ended up being correct. I hope this is true.

fischbowl
01-26-2010, 10:16 PM
Bills hire Giff Smith (http://ramblinwreck.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/smith_giff00.html) as OLB coach per PFT.

Awwww ***. Noooooo

Poz51
01-27-2010, 10:24 AM

What makes you say that??
Georgia Tech ran a 4-2-4-1 "Wolf" defense if I remember correctly, with the extra "1" being a safety/corner hybrid, similar to the role Whitner played this year at times... Smith was a defensive line coach with 4 down lineman...

Poz51
01-27-2010, 10:32 AM
http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=107087

We have safeties which the Eagles could use, but McNabb being 34, oft injured, and playing behind the Bills offensive line is not an ideal situation. What would the trade look like? If it involves anything higher than a 3rd or more likely 4th round pick, I would vomit... Whitner straight up?? Whitner is only 24 years old, and still has plenty of career ahead of him... Do we have the personel to fit a west coast offense, or is McNabb gonna learn a whole new offense after 12 or so years in the west coast offense? I would do it if it did not involve any real significant value, which I am sure the eagles would look for in return... McNabb to the Vikings if Farve "retires" makes more sense... As does McNabb to the Browns, or Panthers even...

Poz51
01-27-2010, 10:34 AM
Am I the only one who thinks the current uni's suck horribly, and the team should adopt the vintage ones full time, or move in another direction?

redbills
01-27-2010, 12:16 PM
What makes you say that??
Georgia Tech ran a 4-2-4-1 "Wolf" defense if I remember correctly, with the extra "1" being a safety/corner hybrid, similar to the role Whitner played this year at times... Smith was a defensive line coach with 4 down lineman...

Why have a OLB coach instead of a LB coach? Some teams that run 3-4 have OLB & ILB coach. I don't think any team that runs a 4-3 have both they just have a LB coach.

redbills
01-27-2010, 12:19 PM
Am I the only one who thinks the current uni's suck horribly, and the team should adopt the vintage ones full time, or move in another direction?

On madden I just use the throwback helment (standing buffalo) and have the current blue pants and jersey, they look slick.

redbills
01-27-2010, 12:28 PM
Vic Fangio DC?
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/1/27/1272427/have-bills-already-begun#storyjump

It is speculation but hey makes some sense.

Dat Nguyen to Bills?
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/

ILB coach?

Reports out of Dallas say Cowboys assistant linebackers coach Dat Nguyen is leaving Wade Phillips' staff. Nguyen played under Bills coach Chan Gailey when Gailey was head coach of the Cowboys in 1999. He has been on the Cowboys' staff since 2007. He had a good relationship with Gailey, and is a prospect to join the Bills' defensive staff.

redbills
01-27-2010, 01:08 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...12-e28749931a34 (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Gailey-hires-five-for-staff-retains-two/609ade44-355c-4c8e-8d12-e28749931a34)

Curtis Modkins has been hired as the team’s offensive coordinator/running backs coach, Bob Bicknell as tight ends coach, Joe D’Alessandris as offensive line coach, Kevin Patullo as offensive quality control and Giff Smith as defensive assistant.

Gailey also elected to keep two of the most veteran assistants from the Bills previous coaching staff as George Catavolos will remain as secondary coach and Bob Sanders will also continue to serve on the defensive side of the ball.

CURTIS MODKINS (offensive coordinator/running backs coach)
http://www.kcchiefs.com/coach/curtis_modkins/

JOE D'ALESSANDRIS (offensive line coach)
http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:eN4jKA...=clnk&gl=us (http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:eN4jKAPbGEwJ:www.kcchiefs.com/coach/joe_dalessandris/+Joe+D%E2%80%99Alessandris+KC&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us)

BOB BICKNELL (tight ends coach)
http://www.kcchiefs.com/coach/bob_bicknell/

KEVIN PATULLO (offensive quality control)
http://www.kcchiefs.com/coach/kevin_patullo/

Giff Smith (defensive assistant)
http://ramblinwreck.cstv.com/sports/m-foot...ith_giff00.html (http://ramblinwreck.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/smith_giff00.html)

SuperKevin
01-27-2010, 05:14 PM
Personnally if Clausen is gone, I would not touch one of the other QB's in this draft until the 4th round... I would prefer to build the team so that a qb can come in and have a chance...
Locker or Mallatt next year? Who's with me?

I'm leaning towards this feeling as well. If we don't invest in some OTs then it won't matter who we take, they'll be David Carr 2.0

roidrunner
01-29-2010, 11:09 PM
So i might have a job with the buffalos Bills soon, and to be completely honest i do not know too much about the bills. So i was wondering if anyone could fill me in on the Bills. What are the their draft needs, Philosophy, best players, and random information. Thanks again guys.

Bills2083
01-30-2010, 01:26 AM
At the moment we need...

-Quarterback - Buddy Nix said that you need a strong-armed QB in Buffalo's climate. You need to be able to make all the throws downfield. Obviously, Edwards and Fitzpatrick can't do that, and Brohm has only started one game.

- Left Tackle - The Bills started out with Demetrius Bell at LT; someone whose only been in football for a few years. He's very raw, but showed flashes of being a good player, but also had many mental lapses with his constant false starts, holdings, etc. We need to bring in another player here because we cannot rely on an inexperienced player to man the most important position on the line.

-Offensive-Line depth - Eric Wood had that horrific leg injury but looked very promising prior to that. I have read mixed reports that he will/will not be able to return to his pre-injury form. Others argue that Geoff Hangartner is just a stop gap at center, but it's hard to tell. He looked good in some games and looked pretty bad in others. We also signed players throughout the season to provide depth... Richie Incognito, Kendall Simmons, Kirk Chambers, etc.

Wide Receiver - Once Owens leaves we're back in the same hole we were a few years ago - no legitimate threat opposite of Evans. This leads back to Evans being double-covered and thus taking him out of the game. His main threat is his speed but with a noodle-armed QB this really takes his best ability out of play.

Defense:

I have absolutely no idea if we're switching to a 3-4 or sticking with the 4-3.
Since we recently hired Giff Smith to be our OLB coach, many are assuming this means that we are switching to a 3-4. I know that if we do indeed stick with a 4-3, though, there are a couple holes we need to fix...

-Defensive Tackle - Marcus Stroud is aging and his play is declining. The run-defense was absolutely atrocious this past season and needs to be fixed if this team wants to get anywhere. There's really not much else to say here besides that we need a big run-stuffer in the middle.

-Outside Linebacker - Keith Ellison should not be a starter in the NFL at this point in time. His play is just flat-out terrible. We need someone in here who can bring this D to the next level.

At the moment, our best players IMO are...
-Jairus Byrd
-Fred Jackson
-Terrence McGee
-Aaron Schobel (who is contemplating retirement)
-Brian Moorman
-Lee Evans

Hope this helps out. Sorry if it's not as detailed as you wanted but I need to get some sleep.
PM or just ask any more questions.

roidrunner
01-30-2010, 01:29 AM
i was told that QB is going to be the way you guys are looking for the draft. but you did not hear that from me ;)

ChefMike
01-30-2010, 07:53 PM
So is the word TO is gone from Buffalo or is there a shot her returns?

roidrunner
01-30-2010, 08:04 PM
gone, they are going to look through the draft cause they want to get younger. what i got from it was rebuilding without saying the word "rebuilding"

BuffaloBillsFan
01-30-2010, 08:05 PM
What do you all think of my new mock?

Check signature.

roidrunner
01-30-2010, 08:09 PM
need a stronger armed QB but otherwise not bad.

BuffaloBillsFan
01-30-2010, 08:43 PM
need a stronger armed QB but otherwise not bad.

LeFevour was my favorite part!! How can you say his arm isn't strong after the Senior Bowl?

roidrunner
01-30-2010, 08:56 PM
i didnt see the senior bowl.

Bills2083
01-30-2010, 10:37 PM
http://www.hulu.com/watch/124112/team-highlights-2004-buffalo-bills

redbills
01-30-2010, 11:07 PM
So i might have a job with the buffalos Bills soon, and to be completely honest i do not know too much about the bills. So i was wondering if anyone could fill me in on the Bills. What are the their draft needs, Philosophy, best players, and random information. Thanks again guys.

???????????????

redbills
01-30-2010, 11:08 PM
LeFevour sucks tbh

roidrunner
01-30-2010, 11:09 PM
go to a interesting story thread on off topic to get the story.

redbills
01-30-2010, 11:27 PM
Did you talk about Maybin? If so what were their expectations of his R year and now his 2nd year?

roidrunner
01-30-2010, 11:31 PM
no i didnt, we talked more about the offense, it was mainly QB, WR, and OL. They want a tall strong armed QB. And that they need to get some new OTs

SuperMcGee
01-31-2010, 12:25 AM
What do you all think of my new mock?

Check signature.

McCluster is not at all what I want in a receiver for this team.

Too high for The Fever, if you ask me.

roidrunner
01-31-2010, 12:40 PM
rumor has it that the bills are looking at Mike Vick. Just thought i would pass it along

Bills2083
01-31-2010, 01:44 PM
rumor has it that the bills are looking at Mike Vick. Just thought i would pass it along

Yeah, I saw that on rotoworld.
I'd rather bring in a stop-gap QB, fix up the lines, then draft our QB of the future next year.

BTW, here's rotoworld.

Sources tell ESPN's Len Pasquarelli that the Bills will indeed consider Michael Vick for their starting quarterback job.
This confirms beat writer Allen Wilson's speculation earlier this week. New coach Chan Gailey likes mobile quarterbacks, and the Bills can't enter 2010 with Trent Edwards as their starter. The Bills would likely only have to give up a conditional sixth- or seventh-round pick to land Vick.

roidrunner
01-31-2010, 01:47 PM
i have a feeling if they get vick they will go Oline and D line heavy, and draft a QB in the later rounds.

redbills
01-31-2010, 04:03 PM
If we bring in Vick I am a Bengals fan until he goes.

BuffaloBillsFan
02-01-2010, 12:10 AM
If we bring in Vick I am a Bengals fan until he goes.

I'm a fan of the team first and foremost, I will never quit on the Bills.

Also, why do you hate Vick so much? His actions were atrocious, but shouldn't he be given a 2nd chance?

roidrunner
02-01-2010, 01:00 AM
i am getting the gut feeling that mccoy will be the second rounder, if they dont take a chance on vick

BuffaloBillsFan
02-01-2010, 01:16 AM
i am getting the gut feeling that mccoy will be the second rounder, if they dont take a chance on vick

Eww, why McCoy?

roidrunner
02-01-2010, 01:43 AM
would you rather have tony pike?

BuffaloBillsFan
02-01-2010, 02:14 AM
would you rather have tony pike?

Mixed feelings on this, but I do lean towards LeFevour at this point, it could change, but yes, good question, this makes me think a bit.

roidrunner
02-01-2010, 02:15 AM
Lefevour is going to drop

OTcoach
02-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Eww, why McCoy?

There's only 1 QB who's worth a #9 pick and that's Clausen. He however will not be available at #9 with St. Louis, Washington and Seattle drafting ahead of us. Denver may move up to grab him too. Bradford has no arm and will fall after the combine and pro day.

Our OLine did improve as the season went on. Bell and Meredith got bitched early by guys like Peppers but they'll improve with age and good guys inside them: Levitre, Hangartner & Wood. We have some depth and experience too.

If we can get Vick we'll have a chance to win every week.

Our D-line sucks. Williams is our only decent player

Trade for Vick.

Draft

1st Bryant WR
2nd Cody DT
3rd Carrington DE

Rob S
02-01-2010, 12:45 PM
I would be fine with giving up a 6th or 7th for Vick......he is better than what we would get with the pick in all likelihood. Plus, I think he can possibly win some games for us.....Vick has been a winner for pretty much his whole career.

SuperMcGee
02-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Get me the Vickster.

That's really all that I can agree on with OTcoach.

redbills
02-01-2010, 06:44 PM

....redbills just shot himself in the face....

OTcoach
02-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Free Agent wish list.

DL: Peppers, Seymour, Wilfork, G. Watson,

OL: J. Gaither, J. Brown,

LB: D.J. Williams,

TE: Fasano, Scheffler

essential
02-03-2010, 12:58 AM

in Nix's first presser, he said in this stadium you need a strong armed QB who can throw through the wind in the stadium.

that isn't McCoy.

roidrunner
02-03-2010, 01:08 AM
is there any strong armed QB in this draft?

Poz51
02-03-2010, 08:42 AM
is there any strong armed QB in this draft?

No...
Clausen most likely is close and certainly close enough to take, and Snead more than likely is if you dont mind him crumbling under pressure and throwing 2-3 picks a game until he is released... Other than that, this draft is not strong in terms of arm strength in my opinion. Jarrett Brown has a good arm, but makes iffy desicions at best as well.
No John Elways or even Jay Cutlers from what I have seen...

Rob S
02-03-2010, 08:44 AM
Snead sucks, Clausen's arm strength is fine tho.....if he is there I would mark it down right now as our pick.....I would be furious if we passed him up.

Poz51
02-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Snead sucks, Clausen's arm strength is fine tho.....if he is there I would mark it down right now as our pick.....I would be furious if we passed him up.

I would agree for the most part, although I would say that if Okung or Davis fell to them it would make the desicion very difficult. Depending on how the draft falls I would become a full time Saints fan if they passed on any of those three given the circumstances, for a luxury pick like Bryant, or another project like Maybin...

p.s. That peskey vomit taste again...

redbills
02-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Doug Whaley agrees to be Bills assistant general manager.
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10034/1033296-100.stm

redbills
02-04-2010, 10:41 AM
Eric Ciano new strength coach?
http://www.footballscoop.com/?cat=25

GA Tech: Our sources tell us GA Tech head strength coach Eric Ciano will be joining Chan Gailey’s staff with the Buffalo Bills.

SuperMcGee
02-04-2010, 11:07 AM
Doug Whaley agrees to be Bills assistant general manager.
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10034/1033296-100.stm

At least things will be a little more interesting around the office, now.

redbills
02-04-2010, 12:55 PM
George Edwards Bills DC
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/04/bills-tab-edwards-as-defensive-coordinator/

redbills
02-04-2010, 01:06 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Bills-name-Edwards-defensive-coordinator/d4bc880d-7f2e-48a2-8cc4-74e731938c0e

Son on a *****
“Defensively, we will start from a 3-4 alignment,” said Edwards.

BufFan71
02-04-2010, 04:36 PM
thank goodness...

i hate the 4-3

tjsunstein
02-04-2010, 10:58 PM
The personnel really isn't there on the front 7, is it?

Poz51
02-05-2010, 06:58 AM
The personnel really isn't there on the front 7, is it?

Not really, Maybin should actually have some value now, Williams should be able to find a home on the dline at one of the two DE positions, Posluzsny should be good at ILB, so it looks like we need a nose for sure, another ILB ("Thumper") and another OLB just to be functional in the 3-4. Side note, personally I think Stroud will be even more useless, but that is me, maybe he will be healthy and that will make a difference, but if he is our nose tackle, we are screwed even more so than last season. I really thought the Bills were only one or two players away from being a defense fully capable of dominating in the 4-3, now it looks like they are going to have to rebuild most of the front 7 instead of just adding a couple of pieces, in addition to continuing to rebuild the offense...

Bills2083
02-05-2010, 09:43 AM
Why don't you think Stroud could slide out to one of the DE positions?
Also, couldn't Mitchell move to ILB?

Stroud - FA/Draftee - Williams
Maybin - Mitchell - Poz - FA/Draftee
Florence/McKelvin - Whitner - Byrd - McGee

OTcoach
02-05-2010, 10:04 AM

Mitchell's good inside.

Stroud's done. We need two new DLinmen a nose and long armed DE who weighs at least 275lbs.

Stud OLB to rush.

It's a pity we only have 1 first round pick. We need 3!

OTcoach
02-05-2010, 01:39 PM

Bills2083

Who is that girl???

redbills
02-05-2010, 01:43 PM
Bills2083

Who is that girl???

that MMA chick

bored of education
02-05-2010, 01:48 PM
I think they have some pieces in place, maybe pick up a 3-4 DE in the 2nd 3rd. But o line and qb need to be addressed via FA or draft. I think maybin was always best suited as rush backer

fischbowl
02-05-2010, 01:57 PM
I think they have some pieces in place, maybe pick up a 3-4 DE in the 2nd 3rd. But o line and qb need to be addressed via FA or draft. I think maybin was always best suited as rush backer

I love you <3

redbills
02-05-2010, 03:01 PM

we need a NT before DE

Cicero
02-05-2010, 03:04 PM
that MMA chick

Gina Carano.

bored of education
02-05-2010, 03:05 PM
I love you <3
I love you more

redbills
02-05-2010, 04:30 PM
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7580/8he522vm55if5qbhi3s994a.gif

like?

BuffaloBillsFan
02-05-2010, 06:41 PM
I'm not sure where Kyle William fits in here, which is a shame because I've loved the guy since he started outplaying McCargo in his rookie season.

Bills2083
02-05-2010, 07:05 PM
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7580/8he522vm55if5qbhi3s994a.gif

like?

They look the same

SuperMcGee
02-06-2010, 01:23 AM
I'm not sure where Kyle William fits in here, which is a shame because I've loved the guy since he started outplaying McCargo in his rookie season.

Best player in our front 7, possibly. Certainly the most valuable at this point. Perfect in the 4-3.

Is it possible to get excited about Maybin? I swear I almost felt a jump inside me, and it may have been triggered by an Aaron Maybin thought.

BuffaloBillsFan
02-06-2010, 02:48 PM
Best player in our front 7, possibly. Certainly the most valuable at this point. Perfect in the 4-3.

Is it possible to get excited about Maybin? I swear I almost felt a jump inside me, and it may have been triggered by an Aaron Maybin thought.

Aaron Maybin may actually have a chance at being utilized correctly this year, he seems to fit very well as a rush OLB in the 3-4, that role fits him like a glove.

Poz51
02-08-2010, 07:21 AM

From what I saw of Stroud this year, he looked to me like he was playing high, not staying low and holding his ground which I think will result in him not being a good fit in the 3-4, in addition to his hands looking inactive and lazy. I think Williams is active enough to make the transition and fit in to one of the DE positions, it sounds like he is willing to try, it is possible Stroud could do it, or play the nose, although I dont think he is too excited about it from what I have heard.
Mitchell could make it, certainly has the size, although I am not sure about the time frame for his recovery, or if he will be able to make the transition, but he does have some experience at ILB so it is a possibility.
For me there is certainly a need for a nose, I would not trust Stroud there, ILB because Mitchell there is an uncertainty in a couple respects, OLB/Rush opposite Maybin and would not touch the secondary. I would plan on bringing a DE in, and would certainly look at a guy like alex carrington if he were available in the third or fourth round in the draft, or a FA type as well.
Thats all just my opinion, and thoughts off the top of my head...

OTcoach
02-08-2010, 10:09 AM
Aaron Maybin may actually have a chance at being utilized correctly this year, he seems to fit very well as a rush OLB in the 3-4, that role fits him like a glove.

Maybin sucks. Find me one clip of him getting his own sack at Penn State.

Worse pick than J.P.

BuffaloBillsFan
02-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Maybin sucks. Find me one clip of him getting his own sack at Penn State.

Worse pick than J.P.

I was shocked when I heard his name called instead of Orakpo, but the kid just turned 21 and is in a scheme that fits his abilities. Think about it, last year he was playing with men who are more developed physically and have been in the league for a decade or more. I'm at least willing to give him a full season as our starter before I draw my conclusions.

SuperMcGee
02-08-2010, 12:48 PM
Big time congratulations to Jabari Greer. We all loved him, we all knew how good he was, and he deserved this.

Anthony Hargrove... not so much.

redbills
02-08-2010, 02:14 PM
I loved Hargrove

Rob S
02-08-2010, 02:20 PM
To say Maybin doesnt have the physical talent to be an effective 3-4 rush backer is just dumb.......the guy was going to be taken in the top 20 picks for a reason, he has some talent. We can't just write him off because he failed to excel when played out of position. Give the kid a chance, my God. Do I think he is going to be good, I'm not sure, but to say he sucks and imply he has no potential is just ignorant.

Rob S
02-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Big time congratulations to Jabari Greer. We all loved him, we all knew how good he was, and he deserved this.

Anthony Hargrove... not so much.

I kinda liked what Hargrove brought to the field, if only he could have avoided off the field troubles. Big ups to Jabari fo sho tho.

SuperMcGee
02-08-2010, 05:40 PM
I kinda liked what Hargrove brought to the field, if only he could have avoided off the field troubles. Big ups to Jabari fo sho tho.

Not only what he brought on the field, but I loved what he brought to the sideline. The guy was like Marcus Stroud x10 interacting with and pumping up the crowd.

But then he had to be a complete idiot one too many times and break my heart.

Bills2083
02-08-2010, 09:42 PM
I had a mancrush on Hargrove while he was here.
Before the games he would run around the stands and jump into the corners and talk to the fans. He'd go around and shake a lot of people's hands and talk with them for a little while. Plus, he brought a ton of energy when he was out on the field.

It's a shame he ****** up

OTcoach
02-09-2010, 09:17 PM
To say Maybin doesnt have the physical talent to be an effective 3-4 rush backer is just dumb.......the guy was going to be taken in the top 20 picks for a reason, he has some talent. We can't just write him off because he failed to excel when played out of position. Give the kid a chance, my God. Do I think he is going to be good, I'm not sure, but to say he sucks and imply he has no potential is just ignorant.

Ayers, Orakpo and E. Brown are all way more talented than Maybin. He is to small, to weak and to slow to be effective in the NFL. Top 20?? Probably not for anyone else but we have a way of taking guys earlier than we should. His numbers in 2008 were purely a product of the Penn State defensive system. What was that other guys name the year before... Evans? They're both the same, mediocre.

Hey I love the Bills and I hope he proves me wrong but I doubt we'll see much out of him next year and we'll probably release him after his 3rd year to clear some space.

Poz51
02-11-2010, 08:36 AM
Ayers, Orakpo and E. Brown are all way more talented than Maybin. He is to small, to weak and to slow to be effective in the NFL. Top 20?? Probably not for anyone else but we have a way of taking guys earlier than we should. His numbers in 2008 were purely a product of the Penn State defensive system. What was that other guys name the year before... Evans? They're both the same, mediocre.

Hey I love the Bills and I hope he proves me wrong but I doubt we'll see much out of him next year and we'll probably release him after his 3rd year to clear some space.

I certainly would agree with Orakpo, I think he could have started at DE last year for us, and with the given scheme change would be a better option at OLB (I think a Terrell Suggs type) this year. Ayers I think was over hyped, and made no sense to the Bronco's in the 3-4, Brown is a similar player to Maybin, but I would agree more talented all around. The key for me with Maybin is once he added the weight before the combine and slowed down last year, showed all you needed to know... I agree with the system at Penn. St. Interesting thought on Maybin being gone in the near future, makes sense, he certainly is in a system now that will be able utilize what talent he does have, or else he will have the "BUST" label permanently...

redbills
02-11-2010, 11:01 AM
http://twitter.com/buffalobillscom/statuses/8968032316

Bob Sanders will coach the outside linebackers and Giff Smith will coach the teamís defensive line.

the ILB coach will be.....

http://twitter.com/buffalobillscom/statuses/8968015882

The Buffalo Bills today announced that DeMontie Cross has been retained and will serve as the inside linebackers coach.

BuffaloBillsFan
02-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Ryan Pickett in free agency, GO GO GO!!! Get it done OBD!!!

redbills
02-11-2010, 02:04 PM
Ryan Pickett in free agency, GO GO GO!!! Get it done OBD!!!

said he wanted to stay in GB, so don't think he comes.

redbills
02-16-2010, 05:14 PM
Bills cut 7 guys
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-release-seven-players/1ae34ecb-c9c2-4f82-b85d-ba4031dc9069

The Bills announced the release of TE Derek Fine, DE Jermaine McGhee, LB Ashlee Palmer, DT Marcus Smith, S John Wendling, WR Justin Jenkins and C Marvin Philip.

SuperMcGee
02-16-2010, 06:09 PM
Chances Schouman gets 800 yards next year?

I'm saying 2:1

Wendling is a STud. I know he doesn't fit into our safety plans, but he's a top special teams guy. Jenkins I always liked but is no big loss, even as a very good STer. Fine is a dime a dozen player.

redbills
02-16-2010, 06:26 PM
08 bust draft?
Leodis McKelvin, still think he can play but his start to the year wasn't what I thought it'd be
James Hardy, yea
Chris Ellis, 34 OLB we took for a 43 DE so maybe he can turn it around
Reggie Corner, #4 CB at best
Derek Fine
Alvin Bowen, he even on a team?
Xavier Omon, see Bown
Demetrius Bell
Kennard Cox

fischbowl
02-16-2010, 08:11 PM
Damnit, I loved Wendling

Bills2083
02-16-2010, 09:44 PM
So I'm making up a mock draft and I'm kind of stuck with the Bills for some reason, lol.

Players gone...
Suh, McCoy, Haden, JPP, Clausen, McClain, Okung, Berry.

BPA...
Anthony Davis, Bryan Bulaga, Sam Bradford, Dan Williams, Dez Bryant, Brandon Graham

I'm not sure what position to go with since we have an abundance of holes on this team.

I know we should go with Oline since you need to start in the trenches and move outwards, but I'm having second thoughts for some reason.

SuperMcGee
02-16-2010, 10:28 PM
Davis vs. Bradford. I'm very happy either way. I'm a believer in never passing on the guy you think can be a franchise QB, so if you feel (or feel that we feel) that's Bradford then I'd make it the pick. If not, Davis would be glorious.

Bills2083
02-17-2010, 10:30 AM
Thanks, McGee

Here's a fantastic article that I think all Bills fans should read.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/10507/speed-dial-what-if-the-bills-won-it-all

Welcome to the first edition of "Speed Dial," a running feature I've created in which I call three people in my cell phone address book and get their insight on a particular subject.

Today's question, in light of the party that refuses to end in New Orleans, is:

What would happen in Buffalo if the Bills won the Super Bowl?

Former Bills punter and linebacker Paul Maguire:

"If I could get back into the bar business for one day, it would be the day the Bills win the Super Bowl -- and maybe for the week after that. Then I could shut down. Buffalo is a hard-hat town. You give them a reason to celebrate, by God, they're going to celebrate. And they'll show you how.

"You don't ever stop celebrating the Super Bowl. I remember in the 1960s, when we won the AFL championship. I still lived in San Diego, and when I got back to training camp the following summer, they were still celebrating. And that was just the AFL championship. The people in Buffalo, if they ever would have won, my God ... They, above anybody, after being there four times, it would be truly hard to give up and every time you had a drink you'd have one to the Super Bowl champion. I don't think that would ever go away."

Nine-time Pro Bowl guard Ruben Brown, whose rookie season came two years after Buffalo's last Super Bowl appearance:

"Oh, man. The city would shut down for a month. And I'm not joking -- a month. This is the type of place you'd see the repeat of what's going on in New Orleans right now. They're starving. They want it as much as New Orleans wanted it or the people who wanted it for New Orleans. People who root for other teams would want that for Buffalo. The mayor would make a proclamation. All the kids would be out of school. The towns would change the names of the streets to the names of the players.

"The people of Buffalo are hearty people. Not much has gone right for them recently from a financial or economic standpoint. But everyone looks out for each other. It's the type of place that makes you feel like when you walk into your mom's house and smell the food that's on the stove. The only label they put on you is whether you're about family or a hard-working guy. That's all that matters here.

"When I was playing, I met a lot of fans who told me that's all they wanted in life. 'I want to live to see the day when the Bills win the Super Bowl.' Unfortunately, some of them haven't."

Bills Wall of Fame member Steve Tasker, who lost four straight Super Bowls:

"The rapture would run just as deep as in New Orleans. The thing, when you talk about Buffalo or Green Bay or the smaller-market teams that have been around forever, you're talking about every person in that town growing up with that team as their team. It's not the same as cities like New York or Los Angeles. It's you dad's team, your uncle's team, your cousin's team, the teacher's team, the cops, the lawyers, the butcher, baker and candlestick maker. It's a family team."

redbills
02-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Bradford, you think he has a arm that can make throws at RWS in Nov.?

Bills2083
02-17-2010, 11:30 AM

I can honestly say that I don't know much about Bradford.
I just keep hearing questions regarding his arm strength. Other than that, I don't know anything, really.
I'm not sure if it is in fact strong enough to be suffice up here in Buffalo since I haven't seen him play too much.

That's why I was asking you guys for your input.

Poz51
02-17-2010, 12:31 PM
Damnit, I loved Wendling

Amen brother, Jenkins was a great special teamer as well...

Poz51
02-17-2010, 12:38 PM
So I'm making up a mock draft and I'm kind of stuck with the Bills for some reason, lol.

Players gone...
Suh, McCoy, Haden, JPP, Clausen, McClain, Okung, Berry.

we should go with Oline since you need to start in the trenches and move outwards
That says it all,
1 - Davis (not a reach)
2 - Williams (a little reach)

Thanks but no...
Bryan Bulaga (Reach with Davis still on board, fits the need)
Sam Bradford (Arm strength alone should eliminate him from consideration, injury history too, with LT protecting him)
Dez Bryant (Value is there without a doubt, but no LT protecting, no QB, equals a waste of talent, and leaves too many priorities)
Brandon Graham (Talented, would endear himself to the fans, but first things first)

Poz51
02-17-2010, 12:40 PM

No, he has a quick release and is intelligent, but him putting the ball up in the air with the wind and weather in buffalo is asking for failure...

OTcoach
02-18-2010, 01:23 PM
Chances Schouman gets 800 yards next year?

I'm saying 2:1

Wendling is a STud. I know he doesn't fit into our safety plans, but he's a top special teams guy. Jenkins I always liked but is no big loss, even as a very good STer. Fine is a dime a dozen player.

Wendling seemed sweet. He was fast and tough. How does he not fit into our safety plans? The guy didn't even get on the field to get a fair assessment as a safety. I'm suprised we cut one of our only decent STer's at this time of the year.

SuperMcGee
02-18-2010, 01:33 PM
Would you like to give every 6th round pick real playing time? He's a safety like Justin Jenkins is a wide receiver. The guy was a special teamer on our team and that was it. A very, very good one, yes. But nothing else. He's been here for 3 years, in which time George Wilson changed positions and fought his way up the depth chart. Wendling hasn't made anything as a safety and we're pretty set at the position even if we don't bring back Scott.

Bills2083
02-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Would you like to give every 6th round pick real playing time? He's a safety like Justin Jenkins is a wide receiver. The guy was a special teamer on our team and that was it. A very, very good one, yes. But nothing else. He's been here for 3 years, in which time George Wilson changed positions and fought his way up the depth chart. Wendling hasn't made anything as a safety and we're pretty set at the position even if we don't bring back Scott.

Exactly.
It's time we stop reserving roster spots for soley special-teamers.
Yes, we can have a few here and there, but Wendling and Jenkins did not contribute to this team in any way besides special teams.
We need players here who are good at special teams, but can still contribute on either offense/defense.
I'm pretty sure that Todd Johnson was ahead of Wendling on the depth chart, and that's after 3 years of Wendling being on this team.

SuperMcGee
02-18-2010, 02:48 PM
Still, if there was a guy you were going to keep solely for special teams, it would be Wendling. I don't want him gone, and I'm very nervous about where our post-April special teams are heading.

Bills2083
02-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Still, if there was a guy you were going to keep solely for special teams, it would be Wendling. I don't want him gone, and I'm very nervous about where our post-April special teams are heading.

Yeah, his and Jenkins' cuts were both surprising to me.
Like I said, there are a few players that you need to keep who are special teams aces.
I thought that Wendlind and Jenkins were those players for us.

Their physicals must have been pretty bad then.

I can't remember - were either of them on IR?

On a side note...
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x314/bills2083/Bills.jpg

redbills
02-18-2010, 03:35 PM
Butler retires...fing great now a RT is a need.

SuperMcGee
02-18-2010, 03:37 PM
This is just the best team to follow. The best.

redbills
02-18-2010, 03:47 PM
If Schobel goes too, omg what a ****** offseason start.

BufFan71
02-18-2010, 03:47 PM
well, looks like a LT is a lock to draft now

redbills
02-18-2010, 03:48 PM
Meredith at RT now? Thought he played well when he did play.

Rob S
02-18-2010, 03:52 PM
Hooray for being a Bills fan!

Bills2083
02-18-2010, 04:10 PM
Hooray for being a Bills fan!

http://fotosa.ru/stock_photo/ITStock_JI/p_346696.jpg

billsfootball15
02-18-2010, 04:19 PM
wow i cant beleive butler retired

Poz51
02-18-2010, 06:57 PM
well, looks like a LT is a lock to draft now

Sure does...

"Meredith at RT now? Thought he played well when he did play.

I did too, unbelievable about Butler....

OTcoach
02-18-2010, 07:37 PM
wow i cant beleive butler retired

He'll regret it. He has the rest of his life to devote to that stuff and only a small window to play football in. Too bad.

Cicero
02-18-2010, 10:19 PM
How did McGee play this year? Is he still a legit #1 corner?

redbills
02-18-2010, 10:43 PM
good, yez .

Rob S
02-18-2010, 10:51 PM
Yeah McGee is a good player.

redbills
02-18-2010, 10:53 PM
Yeah McGee is a good player.

Not as good as Byrd but then again who the heck is.

SuperMcGee
02-18-2010, 10:55 PM
The Sex > George Wilson > Jairus Byrd > everyone

But McGee is still super.

fischbowl
02-19-2010, 11:46 AM
The Sex > George Wilson > Jairus Byrd > everyone

But McGee is still super.

The Sex is super-duper

redbills
02-20-2010, 10:32 PM
on BB.com we are doing a fourm mock, I wanted to just have fun with it not act all no we want do this or that.

9 - Buffalo Bills - Rolando McClain - ILB - Alabama
35 - Buffalo Bills - (f/TB) - Sergio Kindle - DE/OLB - Texas
38 - Buffalo Bills (f/SDf/CLE) - Maurkice Pouncey - OL - Florida
60 - Buffalo Bills - (f/SD) -
91. Buffalo Bills - (f/SD) -

Trades:
Buffalo Bills Get: 2nd Round Pick #35
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Get: 2nd Round Pick #41 & WR/PR Roscoe Parrish

Buffalo Bills Get: 2nd Round Pick #38, 2nd Round Pick #60 & 3rd Round Pick #91
San Diego Chargers: 3rd Round Pick #72, DE/OLB Aaron Schobel & RB Marshawn Lynch

I am sure I'll get killed for the 3rd pick but think of the IOL, we'd be set for 10 years if Wood comes back. LG-Levitre, C-Pouncey, RG-Wood, nasty.

Rob S
02-21-2010, 01:33 AM
I like Pouncey, although maybe I move Wood to C. That said, we need an OT. No question about it. I like all of the players.....a lot, but not coming out of this draft with tackle help in our first 3 picks is simply not an option imo.

BuffaloBillsFan
02-21-2010, 02:33 AM
First off, Rolando McClain is NOT an elite prospect. I'm not sure why people are getting vacuumed into this hype machine that has encircled him, yes he made some plays at Alabama, but he isn't elite. He isn't on par with Patrick Willis or heck even Laurinaitis, Cushing or possibly even Matthews. What's the fascination? McClain is a mid 1st to early 2nd round prospect. If the same class from last year were in this year's draft, McClain would be a 2nd round pick.

redbills
02-21-2010, 10:22 AM
I like Pouncey, although maybe I move Wood to C. That said, we need an OT. No question about it. I like all of the players.....a lot, but not coming out of this draft with tackle help in our first 3 picks is simply not an option imo.

Still have 2 pciks ; ), hope I can get Vellher (sp?) Plus no LT was worth any of my 2nd round picks. Also ya can't fix everything from one draft.

Round 1
1 - St. Louis Rams - Ndamukong Suh - DT - Nebraska
2 - Detroit Lions - Gerald McCoy - DT - Oklahoma
3 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Eric Berry - S - Tennessee
4 - Washington Redskins - Russell Okung - OT - Oklahoma State
5 - Kansas City Chiefs - Anthony Davis - OT - Rutgers
6 - Seattle Seahawks - Jimmy Clausen - QB - Notre Dame
7 - Cleveland Browns - Joe Haden - CB - Florida
8 - Oakland Raiders - Carlos Dunlap - DE - Florida
10 - Jacksonville Jaguars - Derrick Morgan - DE - Georgia Tech
11 - Denver Broncos - (f/CHI) - Dez Bryant - WR - Oklahoma State
12 - Miami Dolphins - Dan Williams - DT - Tennessee
13 - San Francisco 49ers - C.J Spiller - RB - Clemson
14 - Seattle Seahawks - (f/DEN) - Bryan Bulaga - OT - Iowa
15 - New York Giants - Brian Price - DT - California at Los Angeles
16 - Tennessee Titans - Jason Pierre-Paul - DE/OLB - South Florida
17 - San Francisco 49ers - (f/CAR) - Trent Williams - OT -Oklahoma
18 - Pittsburgh Steelers - Earl Thomas - S - Texas
19 - Atlanta Falcons - Kyle Wilson - CB - Boise State
20 - Houston Texans - Arthur Jones - DT - Syracuse
21 - Philadelphia Eagles - (f/CIN) - Everson Griffen - DE - Southern California
22 - New England Patriots - Brandon Graham - DE/OLB - Michigan
23 - Green Bay Packers - Charles Brown - OT - Southern California
24 - Cincinnati Bengals - (f/PHI) - Golden Tate - WR - Notre Dame
25 - Baltimore Ravens - Brandon Spikes - LB - Florida
26 - Arizona Cardinals - Bruce Campbell - OT - Maryland
27 - Dallas Cowboys - Mike Iupati - OG - Idaho
28 - Cleveland Browns - (f/SD) - Taylor Mays - S - Southern California
29 - New York Jets - Jerry Hughes - DE/OLB - Texas Christian
30 - Minnesota Vikings - Sam Bradford - QB - Oaklahoma
31 - Indianapolis Colts - Jared Odrick - DT - Penn State
32 - New Orleans Saints - Terrence Cody - DT - Alabama

Round 2
33 - St. Louis Rams - Sean Weatherspoon - LB - Missouri
34 - Detroit Lions - Patrick Robinson - CB - Florida State
36 - Kansas City Chiefs - Cam Thomas - DT - North Carolina
37 - Washington Redskins - 10 pm MISSED
39 - Oakland Raiders - Vladimir Ducasse - OL - Massachusetts
40 - Seattle Seahawks - Corey Wootton - DE - Northwestern
41 - Denver Broncos (f/TBf/BUF) - Alex Carrington - DE - Arkansas State

redbills
02-21-2010, 10:24 AM
First off, Rolando McClain is NOT an elite prospect. I'm not sure why people are getting vacuumed into this hype machine that has encircled him, yes he made some plays at Alabama, but he isn't elite. He isn't on par with Patrick Willis or heck even Laurinaitis, Cushing or possibly even Matthews. What's the fascination? McClain is a mid 1st to early 2nd round prospect. If the same class from last year were in this year's draft, McClain would be a 2nd round pick.

I think he is, does he have great stright line speed? No, but he doesn't need that in the 34.

fischbowl
02-21-2010, 03:16 PM
I had a dream last night that I wasted every Bills draft pick on food and then there was one left and the waiter said "Hey you didn't get a WR yet" and I was like wtf and thank god Naaman was still on the menu.

BuffaloBillsFan
02-22-2010, 01:45 AM
I think he is, does he have great stright line speed? No, but he doesn't need that in the 34.

How is he any different from Brandon Spikes then? Both are thumpers, but neither have elite speed, although both have solid instincts. McClain is too much of a wait and see linebacker, he doesn't attack like Spikes does. This has to be one of the weakest ILB classes from memory, either that or last year's was just incredibly talented because McClain & Spikes would both be 2nd round picks had they been in last year's draft.

OTcoach
02-23-2010, 12:14 PM
on BB.com we are doing a fourm mock, I wanted to just have fun with it not act all no we want do this or that.

60 - Buffalo Bills - (f/SD) -
91. Buffalo Bills - (f/SD) -

Trades:
Buffalo Bills Get: 2nd Round Pick #35
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Get: 2nd Round Pick #41 & WR/PR Roscoe Parrish

Buffalo Bills Get: 2nd Round Pick #38, 2nd Round Pick #60 & 3rd Round Pick #91
San Diego Chargers: 3rd Round Pick #72, DE/OLB Aaron Schobel & RB Marshawn Lynch

I am sure I'll get killed for the 3rd pick but think of the IOL, we'd be set for 10 years if Wood comes back. LG-Levitre, C-Pouncey, RG-Wood, nasty.

DEZ BRYANT MAN!

Who else do we have opposite Evans?

redbills
02-23-2010, 12:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj_6OZ7n6ao

i hope

SuperMcGee
02-23-2010, 12:24 PM
Is Roscoe Parrish still on this team? Like, seriously?

OTcoach
02-24-2010, 03:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj_6OZ7n6ao

i hope

It's been so long since I've seen him play I can't remember if he was any good or not.

Why the heck didn't they play him later in the year?

Jeez this team is mis-managed.

OTcoach
02-24-2010, 03:30 PM
Maybe Stevie was good two years ago. Maybe he will be good this year but I can't see passing on a stud WR who is by far the #1 player at his position and fills an immediate need for a play maker in an offense that struggles to score.

Bills2083
02-24-2010, 03:57 PM
Maybe Stevie was good two years ago. Maybe he will be good this year but I can't see passing on a stud WR who is by far the #1 player at his position and fills an immediate need for a play maker in an offense that struggles to score.

I can't see passing on OT when we have neither a LT or RT.

Poz51
02-25-2010, 08:45 AM
I can't see passing on OT when we have neither a LT or RT.

What good is he if there is no one to throw him the ball, and no one to protect the no one who throws him the ball??
We still cant score points in the scenerio where we draft the #1 reciever with our top pick, have no QB worth a crap at this point in the grand scheme of things, and no Tackles to run block, or pass protect. Trent Edwards hasnt proven much of anything and wont make it 2 games behind Meredith (who I think is a good player) and whomever, Fitzpatrick is a backup who can fill in admirably but in this scenerio might make it to the mid way point, but would break, Brohm is an unknown who might mange a couple games after that before suffering an injury, then we are stuck with Handman and some un-named QB off the street finishing the season...
Now if your plan is to end up with the number one pick next year, I'll listen, but other than that im with Bills2083, and LT certainly needs to be addressed before WR...

OTcoach
02-27-2010, 08:09 AM
What good is he if there is no one to throw him the ball, and no one to protect the no one who throws him the ball??
We still cant score points in the scenerio where we draft the #1 reciever with our top pick, have no QB worth a crap at this point in the grand scheme of things, and no Tackles to run block, or pass protect. Trent Edwards hasnt proven much of anything and wont make it 2 games behind Meredith (who I think is a good player) and whomever, Fitzpatrick is a backup who can fill in admirably but in this scenerio might make it to the mid way point, but would break, Brohm is an unknown who might mange a couple games after that before suffering an injury, then we are stuck with Handman and some un-named QB off the street finishing the season...
Now if your plan is to end up with the number one pick next year, I'll listen, but other than that im with Bills2083, and LT certainly needs to be addressed before WR...

Our line was brutal at the start of the season but they got better as it progressed and our younger guys got some experience. Bell got the starting job the week before the season started. Levitre and Wood both really improved and an offseason of lifting for Meredith will help hold up against the bull rush. I also think Levitre can be our future LT if Bell doesn't stay healthy. He looked solid when he started there. They aren't the ideal line but with a bit of depth and some experience with a full offseason with an offensive coordinator they can be successful.

QB - obviously if Clausen's there we need to take him.

He will NOT be there at #9.

So say we're stuck with Edwards and the other guy. Why don't we try to work on an offense over the off season and training camp. Maybe use it for our 4 pre-season games. Lets not fire the offensive coordinator the week before the season starts. How about we not cut whoever is our starting LT for the preseason the week before our 1st game.

Lets get whoever the QB is a top talent WR (if he's available) and maybe our O can look to more than 2 guys as offensive playmakers.

ps. Edwards isn't as bad as the WGR guys say he is.

redbills
02-27-2010, 04:44 PM
http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=233314

Some people are fing ********.

Billzgobowlin
Senior Member Join Date: Mar 2008
Richie Incognito

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Assuming Wood comes back healthy does anyone think that Incognito could be a decent starter at LT. He has played all positions including LT in college as a freshman at Nebraska. I don't know if his measureables match up but I would be fairly confident with him at that position as long as he doesn't get any personal fouls.

fischbowl
02-28-2010, 01:30 AM
I'm nominating that guy for Saw 7

essential
02-28-2010, 11:21 PM
http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=233314

Some people are fing ********.

There was a post from some guy in St. Louis on the boards saying Incognito came into his work and when Buffalo was brought up he said he hated it here. I can't say it's true, but based on his personality it's more believable than not. I wanted Richie back, I thought he could handle RG till Wood was healthy, and possibly stay at RG and move Wood to Center where he belongs. Oh well.

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=233412

Many of you know me on here and I have never came on the site with any information to purposely mislead anyone. Well tonight at my work in Saint Louis Richie and his fiance came in. We all were discussing him and Saint Louis and thats when I piped in with how he now plays for my favorite team. And he looked over and said he hated it in Buffalo! He did not want to be in Buffalo but wouldnt go into specifics. Just said he is looking for playing somewhere else and that next week he becomes a free agent. He however will not be a Cardinal as he made it clear that he could never be temmates with Duckett!

Poz51
03-01-2010, 09:26 AM
Our line was brutal at the start of the season but they got better as it progressed and our younger guys got some experience. Bell got the starting job the week before the season started. Levitre and Wood both really improved and an offseason of lifting for Meredith will help hold up against the bull rush. I also think Levitre can be our future LT if Bell doesn't stay healthy. He looked solid when he started there. They aren't the ideal line but with a bit of depth and some experience with a full offseason with an offensive coordinator they can be successful.
I would agree that the offensive line was brutal to start the season, and did make some strides as a unit as the season progressed, my thoughts on the offensive line are this; Hangartner held his own as a center and was a consistantly good player, Wood was improving every game, and was worth the pick, Levitre was solid, showed he belonged, and I would agree that Levitre actually looked good at LT after spending his preperation time at guard, and could play the position in the future if the coaching staff wants to, although that makes us thin at guard again (shuffling holes around the line?), Bell did get the starting job, but I am not sure why, he commits silly penelties and too me did not look like a starting caliber LT in the NFL to me, I would not agree that he looked solid, but did flash some potential, time will tell about him, but injuries certainly also figure into the equation with him, as for Meredith, I like him alot, liked him in the draft last year as well, and would agree completely that he needs to get stronger, and IMO should be the starter at right tackle next season, although depth is a big issue behind him, and (Gulp) Bell...

QB - obviously if Clausen's there we need to take him.
I agree

He will NOT be there at #9.
I dont believe so either, in fact I have him going #1 in my mock over Bradford, Suh, McCoy or anyone else.

So say we're stuck with Edwards and the other guy. Why don't we try to work on an offense over the off season and training camp. Maybe use it for our 4 pre-season games. Lets not fire the offensive coordinator the week before the season starts. How about we not cut whoever is our starting LT for the preseason the week before our 1st game.
I am in the group that thinks Edwards is not an ideal fit in Buffalo, and like Bradford to Buffalo am oppossed to anyone with less than above average arm strength being the QB in Buffalo, which outside of Clausen (above average), Tebow (Strong/Above average), or Snead (Strong), being the only QB's in this draft that fit the mold (I have not seen enough of Skelton, Brown and the other "second-third tier" QB's to make an opinion). Having said that, I dont believe that the pieces are in place to allow any QB to be successful, and this team has taken the "We are gonna work hard on it in the offseason" approach for what seems like forever, and really with no other option have to again this offseason... I agree that they have to stick with it regardless through the preseason, let the O.C. do his thing and not fire him right before the start of the season, or cut (Chambers in favor of Walker? Obsurd) our LT right before the 1st game either. All of which showes how poorly the organization has been run... Personally I would like to see Brohm get some playing time, and wish Bills fans would stop judging him on one game where he did not play horribly, starting a month after coming off the practice squad and not much longer that having come to the team, playing behind a patch work offensive line decimated by injuries, in a new system... Although Fitz wasnt horrible, I still dont think he is anything more than a excellent backup... Looks like from all the talk currently coming from the coaching staff and in general that they are going into the season with the current QB's.

Lets get whoever the QB is a top talent WR (if he's available) and maybe our O can look to more than 2 guys as offensive playmakers.
I still will contend that a guy like Bryant is wasted until Buffalo gets a LT (one who does not need more than a year to develop), and a viable starting QB in place, and that playmakers can not make plays if the QB has not protection, if there is not QB in place, or the run game can be shut down. Its like all these St. Louis fans who think Suh will turn there team around, Miami drafts Long, and are a play off team, with a recylcled Pennington, Atlanta takes Ryan and Baker in the first round, and are a play off team, where did the Lions get taking recievers in the first round? Did taking Ginn Jr. in 07 help the Dolphins become a better team? or was Long in 08 more of an impact? I know there is probably a example that I can not think of, but when was the last time a WR had a play-off making impact? We still have yet to see Hardy given a chance to develop, Johnson has potential, and why not give Parrish a genuine chance to be the playmaker he has the skill to be? Not to mention the draft is deep at WR, we passed on Oher last year (and Orakpo, stupid then and stupid now), and have drafted 8th, 12th, 11th, 11th, and now 9th this year, thats 5 picks in the top 12 (lower half of the draft) in the last 5 years, and how many more years of this can you endure wasting premium picks on project DE's, or S's, or RB's, or anything else that ignores the two most important positions on the field? At the end of the day teams that win have at least a great QB, some get by with OL's, but most have both and we have neither...

ps. Edwards isn't as bad as the WGR guys say he is.
Maybe not, although I am not sure what they have said as I no longer inhabit WNY, nor did I always agree with them when I did live there...

There is some potential along the offensive line I would agree, but with Butler retiring and no sure thing LT on the roster, how long can this team go with project types playing a key role in the offense? To me it is ignorant to year after year not address the two key positions on offense and expect to draft anywhere than the bottom of the draft, good winning football teams almost always take LT's and QB's early and ahead of WR's or anything else, I cant see this team pasing on either position in favor of what I consider a luxury pick, no matter how good he is, and Bryant to me is better than Crabtree or any other reciever drafted since Calvin Johnson, but two years after picking Calvin Johnson the Lions picked first, and three years after taking Johnson are picking second... Imaging this, in 06 we take Cutler, and 08 we take Clady, what would we have today? Maybe an alcholic and the one of the best LT's in football, or two pro-bowl caliber players and a much better offense that could have complimented the defense very well and put points on the board, and now Dez Bryant makes sense opposite Lee Evans, or maybe D. Thomas, or whomever at WR opposite Lee Evans...

p.s. Sorry this turned into a blog :o

redbills
03-01-2010, 10:22 AM
There was a post from some guy in St. Louis on the boards saying Incognito came into his work and when Buffalo was brought up he said he hated it here. I can't say it's true, but based on his personality it's more believable than not. I wanted Richie back, I thought he could handle RG till Wood was healthy, and possibly stay at RG and move Wood to Center where he belongs. Oh well.

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=233412

To bad he is a RFA and we will tender him.

Poz51
03-01-2010, 10:30 AM
To bad he is a RFA and we will tender him.

Yeah I would agree, maybe he can be our LT of the future too, Lol...

OTcoach
03-01-2010, 12:09 PM
The whole franchise LT argument is way overrated. Just b/c we have the story of M. Oher and how every good team needs a 6'6" athletic blind side protector it is not really true. Every young LT who has started in his rookie year and has succeeded is because he's had a good G and Center to the right of him. When M. McNeil came to San Diego (2nd round) he had great interior linemates that allowed him to block 1 on 1 on the outside and look good. Same with Clady and Jake Long. D'Brick didn't look all that great until he got some work with a Pro Bowl LG and grew with his Center. All of a sudden he looks great.

New Orleans, Pittsburgh, NYG, Indy and New England do not have stud LT's on their superbowl teams.

I agree we could use a franchise QB but last time I checked none of these teams are putting their guys on the trading block and Sam Bradford is a younger version of Chad Pennington. Go WR!

Poz51
03-02-2010, 11:42 AM
The whole franchise LT argument is way overrated. Just b/c we have the story of M. Oher and how every good team needs a 6'6" athletic blind side protector it is not really true. Every young LT who has started in his rookie year and has succeeded is because he's had a good G and Center to the right of him. When M. McNeil came to San Diego (2nd round) he had great interior linemates that allowed him to block 1 on 1 on the outside and look good. Same with Clady and Jake Long. D'Brick didn't look all that great until he got some work with a Pro Bowl LG and grew with his Center. All of a sudden he looks great.
I could care less about the story behind Oher, havent seen the movie nor do I plan too, he still would have been a major upgrade over any of our tackles last season, and would have had more of an impact over maybin. Munoz, Pace, Ogden all succeded without G's or C's around them that I can think of. If LT's are over-rated why do teams constantly spend there top picks on them, and pay them so much money? I would agree that good players on the interior help, but if the interior players are so good wouldnt any LT do? Were the guards and centers of those (05 chargers, 07 phins and bronco's) teams difference makers who got those teams in the play-offs, or so good that the phins had the 2nd pick, broncos 12th, and chargers 18th of the draft? Were those guards and LT's not the issue with those teams not making the play-offs, and there for they drafted LT's with one of their top two picks, if not first? I would agree about D'Brick, but at the time every analyst I remember said it would take some time with him and that he would not step right in and be a pro-bowler.

New Orleans, Pittsburgh, NYG, Indy and New England do not have stud LT's on their superbowl teams.
Touche with N.O., but again like I said "At the end of the day teams that win have at least a great QB, some get by with OL's, but most have both and we have neither..." They didnt have a stud LT this season, although Jamaal Brown was a pro-bowl LT in 2006, and injured this past season, but Brees at QB can mask deficiencies infront of him, the same as Manning can. Those teams mentioned did not have studs but they certainly had good players at LT. The Saints had Bushrod who was eaten alive by Freeney before Freeney couldnt play anymore, then Bushrod played against fellow backups, what is the saints offense capable of in the second half with Freeney eating up Bushrod? Pittsburgh in 05 and 08, had Marvel Smith who was a second round pick, made a pro bowl and won 2 super bowls before back injuries cut his career short, then had max starks who they felt was valuable enough to transition tag, despite not being studs they were better than Demitrius Bell, Charles Scott, Kirk Chambers are, and whomever else we had on the team last year, whom most teams never wanted in the first place... The 07 Giants had David Diehl who's started every game since being drafted, made a pro bowl, and earned all nfc honors. The 01, 03, and 04 patriots had Matt Light who has started since his rookie year, won 3 super bowl, gone to the pro-bowl, and made the all NFL rookie team as a second round pick. And the Colts won the 06 super bowl with Tarik Glenn who was a 3 time pro bowler, and first round pick, and a guy Manning heavily tried to influence to come back... They might not be studs but are pro bowl caliber players who contributed to the super bowl. Bell has always been considered raw, and in need of time, so far he's proven that he comit penalities, and get injured, maybe down the road he improves, maybe not, then we still need a LT, and are still picking in the top half of the draft for years. You might not need a stud, but competency goes a long way.

I agree we could use a franchise QB but last time I checked none of these teams are putting their guys on the trading block and Sam Bradford is a younger version of Chad Pennington.
I agree we could use a franchise QB, but who said anything about trading? Or wanting Bradford? I said "I am in the group that thinks Edwards is not an ideal fit in Buffalo, and like Bradford to Buffalo am oppossed to anyone with less than above average arm strength being the QB in Buffalo". Pennington...

Go WR!

Go WR! is the best rebuttle you have? What are you, a 4 year old girl? Are you gonna let me know the last WR drafted in say the first 15 picks or so who had a play-off making impact with in say three years? No let me guess, Peter Warrick?, David Terrel?, Rod Gardner?, Donte' Stallworth?, Charles Rodgers?, Mike Williams?, Calvin Johnson?, Roy Williams?, Andre Johnson?, Larry Fitzgerald?, Reggie Williams?, Lee Evans?, Troy Williamson?, Braylon Edwards? (Ok, he had an impact in 07...), or I know, Ted Ginn Jr... Oh, wait, Keyshown (Bill Parcell's/Curtis Martin who in 98?) Johnson baby!! Of coarse there are a couple acceptions but not nearly as many as there are counter examples that it does not work out. Torry Holt worked out well indeed, but he had Kurt Warner throwing him the ball, Pace blocking for Warner, and Bruce on the other side of the field, QB check, LT check... Warner (QB) might make the hall of fame, and Pace (LT) will, hmm...
Trivia Time: How many reciever picked in the top 15 picks since 2000 have won a super bowl with the team that drafted them? Plaxico Burress? No, won with the Giants but left the Steelers the year before they won the super bowl. The answer is 1, yup one, Travis Taylor with the 2000 Ravens, and his impact was a whopping 28 receptions, 276 yards, and 3 touchdowns. If you think that team won with anything other than running the ball behind Ogden, Dilfer managing the game, and probably the best defense ever, than you are on crack.
Dez Bryant is a great player and I would agree with anyone will be a great addition to any team, but what is the true impact he will have in buffalo?

OTcoach
03-02-2010, 08:31 PM
Dez Bryant is a great player and I would agree with anyone will be a great addition to any team, but what is the true impact he will have in buffalo?

He has speed, size and strength and would give us a play maker opposite Evans. We're definitely screwed now that J. Reed's not back;)
He could also help us in the return game.

Yes, I am a 4 year old girl.

Bills2083
03-03-2010, 06:35 AM
To go off of Fisch's dream.. (kinda)...

Last night I had a dream that the Bills selected Terrence Cody at #9, then traded up to #24 to select a peanut butter and fluff sandwich :(

Poz51
03-03-2010, 10:01 AM
He has speed, size and strength and would give us a play maker opposite Evans. We're definitely screwed now that J. Reed's not back;)
He could also help us in the return game.

Yes, I am a 4 year old girl.

Roger that... Losing Josh Reed certainly is a major blow that will hamper the organization for years to come ;)

fischbowl
03-03-2010, 10:59 AM
To go off of Fisch's dream.. (kinda)...

Last night I had a dream that the Bills selected Terrence Cody at #9, then traded up to #24 to select a peanut butter and fluff sandwich :(

We then switched back to a 4-3, after seeing the fear in the offense's eyes knowing that a DT pairing of Mount Cody and a Peanut Butter and Fluff Sandwich would surely make them cower.

SuperKevin
03-03-2010, 02:40 PM
hello everyone

fischbowl
03-03-2010, 03:10 PM
hello everyone

Hello sir........how are the wife and kids?

SuperKevin
03-03-2010, 03:11 PM
Hello sir........how are the wife and kids?

Probably moving to California.......without me. But that's a long story

fischbowl
03-03-2010, 03:12 PM
Probably moving to California.......without me. But that's a long story

Sounds like it, ****. Can't take the snow in the DC Area or the flooding from the tears of Nationals fans. Who would've thought such natural disaster in our nation's capital?

SuperKevin
03-03-2010, 03:13 PM
To make the long story short, chalk it up to another marriage killed by the military

OTcoach
03-04-2010, 02:14 PM
I heard we're tendering Keith Ellison.

I'm sure teams will be scrambling to sign him.

nice!

SuperMcGee
03-04-2010, 04:47 PM
Tendering Youboty? Bleh.

Not tendering Incognito.

Schou and Wilson here to stay. Ba-ba-boom!

redbills
03-05-2010, 10:43 AM
Why Didn't We Tender Inco???????????????????????????????????????? Dumb Dumb Dumb

redbills
03-05-2010, 04:59 PM
This is the 1st FA (Wade Smith) we bring in really?
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/OL-Smith-visits-Bills/12c0d5db-9b11-4d12-b8c8-95568965e382

redbills
03-05-2010, 05:37 PM
http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_player....p;playerid=1393 (http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_player.php?tab=by_player&season=2009&page=4&surn=S&playerid=1393)

OG (7 games) he is #23
C (1 game) he is #22
LT (2 games) he is #39

Jimmy
03-05-2010, 06:47 PM
Hey, how good was Justin Bannan?

Was he a 3-4 NT or a 3-4 DE? Do you run a 3-4 or a 4-3?

Madden Rating?

redbills
03-05-2010, 07:08 PM
Hasn't been on Bills for a long time, when he was here he was avg. at best in the 43, I guess at BAL he has played well at NT and DE in their 34.

Madden rating, lol, who cares.

Bills2083
03-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Wade Smith
**** yeah

SuperMcGee
03-06-2010, 01:31 AM
Why did I not know until now that we re-signed Bryan Scott?

Oh happy day.

Bills2083
03-07-2010, 06:02 PM
I have a strong feeling that the Bills will draft Tebow with their 2nd round pick...

Vox Populi
03-07-2010, 09:15 PM
I have a strong feeling that the Bills will draft Tebow with their 2nd round pick...

I have a strong feeling I won't be a Bills fan anymore at the end of this decade if they keep on being terrible...

Poz51
03-08-2010, 09:42 AM

I have a strong feeling I won't be a Bills fan anymore at the end of this decade if they keep on being terrible...

That was my initial thought when I heard us and seattle were holding personnal workouts. Now I am wondering if they are crazy enough to think about Tebow in the first...

I am not sure there will Bills in Buffalo at that period in time...

SuperMcGee
03-08-2010, 10:45 AM
All this negativity can get out.

Not that I want to be near Tebow, but there is no talking about the Bills outside of Buffalo in my forum.

redbills
03-08-2010, 11:00 AM
You think Bell took a lot of penalties look at the guy we are looking at, Cornell Green.

redbills
03-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Cornell Green 3 years 9 mill.

Over/Under 1.5 years on roster.

I'll go under.

RaiderNation
03-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Good luck with Cornell Green... you will need it

Bills2083
03-08-2010, 04:49 PM

Not that I want to be near Tebow, but there is no talking about the Bills outside of Buffalo in my forum.

Who was talking about that.
And Green 3 yrs, 9 mill?
WTF?!?

OTcoach
03-08-2010, 11:47 PM
I guess we won't need a OT at #9 now that we have Green!

Poz51
03-09-2010, 07:09 AM

My apologies, I will refrain from such non-sensical posts in the future! On a positive note I am now dreaming about fluffernutters and their ability to play the zero technique...

Poz51
03-09-2010, 07:28 AM
I guess we won't need a OT at #9 now that we have Green!

You think Bell took a lot of penalties look at the guy we are looking at, Cornell Green.

Good luck with Cornell Green... you will need it

Amen brother my brothers!! We own first and twenty with Captain Checkdown leading the charge!! Langston Walker turned out ok, maybe we can strike gold with a second former Raiders linemen :eek:

Good news though, RaiderNation and Bret Armstrong like the move;
"Let me be the first to say good luck to Buffalo. I'll take Langston Walker over Cornell Green any day of the week, and especially on Sundays.
Wasn't their GM the same guy who bashed the Raiders a little while ago?
What kind of drugs is that guy on?
Somebody in Buffalo failed to do their homework."

Now on to the good news, my fluffernutter sandwhich can also pass block, run block and has a Madden rating of 78 as a three day old stale sandwhich, and plans on learning how to keep Mrs. Fluffernutter in line with an aluminum mop handle from the Green man himself, and my faith in Buddy Nix is still unwaivering :)

EvilNixon
03-09-2010, 07:29 AM
Cornell Green should not be on an NFL roster...

redbills
03-09-2010, 09:05 AM
I had a draft dream last night..............at #9 we picked Eric Johnson - RB/OL - Florida State , I was like WHO and RB/OL????????? I started to cry since I never heard of him. Kiper started talking about him and how he was at best a 7th round guy but could play RB ot OT. I started to cry harder and called by brother telling him how I was done with this team forever.

redbills
03-09-2010, 09:06 AM
Cornell Green should not be on an NFL roster...

profootballfoucs has him as the 48th best OT last year and was like 41 the year before, sounds like he just takes way to many penalties.

SuperMcGee
03-09-2010, 11:50 AM
I haven't had a draft dream yet :(

But when I do, hopefully it will match up to my Donovan McNabb rapping/guitar playing dream from a couple years ago.

roidrunner
03-09-2010, 01:15 PM
Tebow is interesting to me for the bills, on one hand he does fit the system that the new coach is going to be instilling on the team, see Thigpen. But on the other hand i do not think that he has the arm to succeed in buffalo. so to me it is a wash.

Rob S
03-09-2010, 11:34 PM
Tebow is interesting to me for the bills, on one hand he does fit the system that the new coach is going to be instilling on the team, see Thigpen. But on the other hand i do not think that he has the arm to succeed in buffalo. so to me it is a wash.

how is the whole job thing going, man?

roidrunner
03-10-2010, 06:56 AM
I have to wait till june/july cause as of right now they dont have a job opening. But it is looking like they are going towards football operations for me. Which is exciting. i just have to wait, that is the biggest problem right now. So i am doing some sub teaching in the mean time to keep the money flowing in, cause i need to pay some bills.

SuperMcGee
03-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Liar. You're responsible for Cornell Green, admit it!

Bills2083
03-10-2010, 01:26 PM
I have to wait till june/july cause as of right now they dont have a job opening. But it is looking like they are going towards football operations for me. Which is exciting. i just have to wait, that is the biggest problem right now. So i am doing some sub teaching in the mean time to keep the money flowing in, cause i need to pay some bills.

kWp-flMnLMQ

Don't need ya

roidrunner
03-10-2010, 03:47 PM
Liar. You're responsible for Cornell Green, admit it!

i would not have gone after him if i was there.

roidrunner
03-10-2010, 03:55 PM
i like Skelton from Fordham in the third round for the Bills, Strong arm and accurate, with good size. The biggest knock on him is that he went to a small school. But with Flacco we see that it is not that big of a deal

Rob S
03-12-2010, 11:25 AM
I am starting to get the feeling that no matter who we draft, they will be doomed to failure once they pull that Bills jersey on.

ruthlessrussian
03-13-2010, 12:02 AM
I am starting to get the feeling that no matter who we draft, they will be doomed to failure once they pull that Bills jersey on.

No matter which QB we draft or are you talking about anybody with draft in general? If it's the latter you mean I would have to say that is pretty much wrong. We draft well, not great but well. We just don't retain our great players thus we have to draft replacements. Ralph doesn't like to pay his "Bills".

ruthlessrussian
03-13-2010, 12:06 AM
By the way...
What are your guy's thoughts on Jimmy Kennedy to fill our NT spot? I can't say that I have seen him enough to come up with an answer to that myself. He seems to have the size. Possible late bloomer? What do you think, sign him or not?

roidrunner
03-13-2010, 12:14 AM
i would not think he is worth the money. never really produced much since being drafted by the rams.

redbills
03-13-2010, 01:11 PM
Kennedy would make a nice DE imo.

Rob S
03-13-2010, 07:09 PM
No matter which QB we draft or are you talking about anybody with draft in general? If it's the latter you mean I would have to say that is pretty much wrong. We draft well, not great but well. We just don't retain our great players thus we have to draft replacements. Ralph doesn't like to pay his "Bills".

QB, my bad.

redbills
03-15-2010, 10:37 AM
Vikings re-signed DT Jimmy Kennedy to a two-year, $6 million contract.

Cool so far we have brought in a RT that is a penalty machine.

Poz51
03-16-2010, 08:16 AM
Cool so far we have brought in a RT that is a penalty machine.

Who says these are your daddy's same old Bills??

BuffaloBillsFan
03-16-2010, 09:06 AM
Only if we had kept Jason Peters, we would have so much more flexibility in this year's draft, sigh.

Poz51
03-16-2010, 09:34 AM
Only if we had kept Jason Peters, we would have so much more flexibility in this year's draft, sigh.

Or drafted Oher last year, then maybe a guy like Graham would make a lot of sense, either way we would have more flexibility... It would be nice to see this team not draft a project...

redbills
03-16-2010, 05:55 PM
A.Davis signs 2 years deal, looks like no Rolando : (

BuffaloBillsFan
03-16-2010, 10:39 PM
Hey, on the plus side, we signed Dwan Edwards, he looks like he will be a starter for us, Baltimore fans spoke highly of the guy and over at bb.com & bz.com they're talking this guy up too, not to mention Andra Davis is an upgrade over Kawika Mitchell, imo. Not bad, we still need a true NT though otherwise the 3-4 isn't going to work.

redbills
03-17-2010, 09:10 AM
Dwan Edwards, sweet!

fischbowl
03-17-2010, 09:18 AM
This is our big free agenct day, gents. Take the players we are courting to South Buffalo, get wasted, sign contract at 1 Bills Drive.

ruthlessrussian
03-17-2010, 07:18 PM
QB, my bad.

No worries

ruthlessrussian
03-17-2010, 07:20 PM
This is our big free agenct day, gents. Take the players we are courting to South Buffalo, get wasted, sign contract at 1 Bills Drive.

Alcohol does amazing things doesn't it. Got to love it B)

H.O.O.D
03-20-2010, 11:56 AM
By the way...
What are your guy's thoughts on Jimmy Kennedy to fill our NT spot? I can't say that I have seen him enough to come up with an answer to that myself. He seems to have the size. Possible late bloomer? What do you think, sign him or not?

He failed in the Jet's 3-4 under Mangini. If I was Buffalo I'd kick Bryan Robinson's tires since Arizona let him test the waters in FA. He's is older but could be a stopgap while you groom a youngster (ie Cam Thomas, Linval Joseph).

bored of education
03-21-2010, 10:09 AM
http://bloggingthedraft.com/2010/03/the-bull-market/

Take a look at my blog guys, I bring up the Bills a couple of times!

BuffaloBillsFan
03-21-2010, 11:07 PM
Give me Spiller in the 1st, Tebow in the 2nd and the best OT or NT in the 3rd.

redbills
03-22-2010, 09:48 AM
no (10..........)

fischbowl
03-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Give me Spiller in the 1st, Tebow in the 2nd and the best OT or NT in the 3rd.

Nolan Nawrocki, in his infinite asinine ways, gave us Spiller over Clausen in a mock

TACKLE
03-22-2010, 08:52 PM
Speaking of Spiller, how would you guys feel about him at #9. Do you think its a realistic option. From what I've heard, he would be a great fit in Chan Gailey's offense and the Bills are lacking somebody who can generate big plays.

BuffaloBillsFan
03-22-2010, 09:11 PM
Nolan Nawrocki, in his infinite asinine ways, gave us Spiller over Clausen in a mock

Yeah, in my mock I assumed that Clausen would be gone already, otherwise he would be my guy.

Speaking of Spiller, how would you guys feel about him at #9. Do you think its a realistic option. From what I've heard, he would be a great fit in Chan Gailey's offense and the Bills are lacking somebody who can generate big plays.

I do think it's a realistic option and it would be a good pick if Marshawn is traded, which I hope he does. Anytime a player draws comparisons to Chris Johnson & Reggie Bush (except a more polished runner) is a prospect that is worth taking. Typically, I'm not very fond of taking a running back in the 1st, but for Spiller I'll make an exception.

SuperMcGee
03-22-2010, 09:17 PM
Spiller is very good and it is true that we don't have that kind of speed in the backfield, but I just can't see it over an OT (or the slight possibility of a QB). Even with Jackson being 29 and Lynch producing unsatisfactorally, I really don't think it's a position that we'd be looking at with #9. I feel alright for now with Jackson as our starter and Lynch doing whatever, and right now we have more pressing foundational needs. Gamebreakers like that are all the rage with CJ2K going bananas on defenses, but Fred Jackson was our offense last year and I'd be much more excited to see hm with a nice OT than him giving carries to Spiller behind Demetrius Bell.

redbills
03-22-2010, 09:29 PM
if we draft Spiller the fans base will go nuts

TACKLE
03-22-2010, 09:35 PM
if we draft Spiller the fans base will go nuts

In a good way or a bad way.

Also, if they took Spiller, I could see them trading up in the late first to take a guy like Bruce Campbell or Charles Brown or maybe even Terrance Cody.

redbills
03-22-2010, 09:53 PM
in a bad way, very bad, unless Lynch is moved for at least a 3rd

Poz51
03-23-2010, 06:52 AM
in a bad way, very bad, unless Lynch is moved for at least a 3rd

Agreed. I would take Lynch for a third...

redbills
03-23-2010, 08:47 AM
Culpepper wants to play in the B-lo

Rob S
03-23-2010, 09:53 PM
I'd be furious with a Spiller pick.....seriously angry. I mean, aside from the fact that its not sensible to pay any RB other than CJ or AD elite money, we can't fail to address OL, NT, or QB here. Its so obvious. I am all for BPA (unless you are talking about RB because you can pick up a serviceable to very good one in rd. 2 and 3 with consistency), but in this the value of whatever OT that is left will be comparable to Spiller....in that case you go for the absolutely glaring need and use some common sense.....Fred Jackson was an absolute stud last year and deserves a shot to carry the load. Now, it would be nice to have a guy like Spiller for sure, but he would be a luxury pick if I have ever seen one.....The Buffalo Bills don't have room for a luxury pick right now. If Gailey feels we absolutely NEED a fast RB, grab Best or something.....fine, whatever. I will be damned, however, if we pass up a great talent at OT again.....that worked ever so well with Oher.

That said, the way this franchise has been sucking lately watch us take Spiller and then trade up with Campbell or Dan Williams on the board and take Golden Tate or something.

Rob S
03-23-2010, 10:00 PM
I have a strong feeling we are getting Tebow btw.....I just hope we don't trade up, that would be ever so rudy cool.

My Ideal Draft:

1. Best OT left (hope and pray with all my might for Okung) altho if they think
Clausen is a franchise QB, they need to pull the trigger.
2. Get Cody somehow (trade up in late 1st if needed)......Some people hate
him, I love him. He's gonna be a stud NT imo and we need to shore that up
if we plan to have any success on D this year.
3. Go for value here, plain and simple. BPA.

*** I am OK with no QB this year btw. The more I look at Clausen, the more I don't believe. I would rather wait, get a stop gap guy in there and get a guy I feel confident about later on. Hopefully, with some decent drafting, we can have a decent OL and good D in place when he gets here.

SuperMcGee
03-23-2010, 10:11 PM
Brad Butler really ****** us over, but I'd still be very upset if we didn't have a solid OL in place after this year. Wood should hopefully be alright, and it's hard to see anything but OT at #9. Though my arms are open to Jimmy.

redbills
03-23-2010, 10:16 PM
I think Jamon can fill the RT spot fine

BuffaloBillsFan
03-25-2010, 12:37 AM
I think Jamon can fill the RT spot fine

Same here, I think that LT is our only pressing need on the OL. Wood, Hangman, Levitre & Meredith can all hold their own.

Rob S
03-29-2010, 09:59 AM
So, Jim Kelly had dinner with Tebow last night and raved about just how awesome he is.....awesome enough for the Bills to use their 1st rounder? I actually think this is possible, discuss.

redbills
03-29-2010, 10:43 AM
if we take Tebow at #9 I am a Bengals fan for the year and maybe more.

ruthlessrussian
03-29-2010, 11:22 PM
Is there room for two Red?

No, I don't believe we will. It just seems WAY to illogical to invest the kind of money that the ninth overall pick merits on a player like Tebow. Even to draft him in the second is a bit of a head-scratcher minus the financial gains from selling Tebow jerseys for a year.

By the way, is anybody else tired of Kelly riding Tebow's jock? It really is getting to be annoying.

SuperMcGee
03-30-2010, 10:28 AM
Question: Is it possible to not love Felton Huggins?

Answer: No.

fischbowl
03-31-2010, 04:23 PM
Chad Jackson......meh

redbills
03-31-2010, 06:52 PM
we only had 5 wrs. we needed camp bodies and he is better than getting a 35 year old WR.

SuperMcGee
03-31-2010, 07:22 PM
Yeah, but now I have to listen to somebody who thinks they know what they're talking about get hyped up about him. You know, the kind that are half-kidding when they get excited about somebody just because they were a high pick n years ago.

Rob S
03-31-2010, 07:30 PM
He sucks, w/e.....if he reaffirms his suckiness in camp, then we cut him. No real loss here.

Rob S
04-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Gaithier now on the market for a high 2nd......would you guys pull the trigger? I think I may, adding an OT now would really free us up nicely in the 1st rd. to draft BPA or to trade down and pick up a few pieces later, namely a NT.