PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bills Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22

SuperMcGee
04-01-2010, 11:58 AM
I absolutely would. I'd be a little crushed if we didn't end up with Jimmy in the first after that (like you said, probably try to trade down or end up with Dez/Williams/McClain?), but it would be a very good move for our team.

redbills
04-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Gaithier now on the market for a high 2nd......would you guys pull the trigger? I think I may, adding an OT now would really free us up nicely in the 1st rd. to draft BPA or to trade down and pick up a few pieces later, namely a NT.

Hell yea I'd give them 41, I'd even give them #9 for him and #25.

BuffaloBillsFan
04-03-2010, 05:26 PM
Buffalo really oughta bring Flozell in.

Rob S
04-03-2010, 05:56 PM
Buffalo really oughta bring Flozell in.

seriously? He sucked last year. If we are going to have somebody suck it up on the line lets have it at least be a young guy who is learning.

redbills
04-03-2010, 07:42 PM
seriously? He sucked last year. If we are going to have somebody suck it up on the line lets have it at least be a young guy who is learning.

#1 .

BuffaloBillsFan
04-04-2010, 09:06 AM

Could he really be worst than Demetrius Bell or Cornell Green? Even if he is average, that is still way better than anything we've had over the last 2 years. Plus, the Cowboys weren't a better team when he went down last year, that's for sure.

redbills
04-04-2010, 11:15 AM
http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2008&pos=T&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=9&numsnaps=25&numgames=1
http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=T&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=9&numsnaps=25&numgames=1

do we really need another penalty machine with Bell and Green on the team? His pass block also blows so he'll need to be moved to RT and we got Green to play RT.

Rob S
04-04-2010, 09:36 PM
Could he really be worst than Demetrius Bell or Cornell Green? Even if he is average, that is still way better than anything we've had over the last 2 years. Plus, the Cowboys weren't a better team when he went down last year, that's for sure.

Prob. not worse, but not much better either. He isn't average when you count in the penalties. It would be wasted money especially considering he will be totally shot in like 2 years (if he isn't already). Most Cowboys fans are happy he is gone, Doug Free played pretty well based on the reports I've heard.

bored of education
04-04-2010, 09:45 PM
Jason Campbell for a 4th????

Rob S
04-04-2010, 09:54 PM
Jason Campbell for a 4th????

Yay!!! Boe!!!

Umm.....I would strongly consider it. If we do go Tebow or even Clausen, I think he would be better than Fitzpatrick to serve as the stop gap. Worth a 4th imo because God know Bills fans will be all about getting the rookie in there if Fitz is starting. With Campbell, I think it may ease the pressure on the staff to play the rook. Plus, for Chan Gailey (even tho he was a **** hire), Campell is a nice fit I would think.

redbills
04-04-2010, 10:26 PM
no (10)

fischbowl
04-06-2010, 01:31 PM
Happy Belated Dyngus Day, McGee!

bored of education
04-06-2010, 10:06 PM
How bout a 5th ? :) Hi Guys. Go Bills.

redbills
04-06-2010, 11:28 PM
I'd think about it if it was a 5 : )

BuffaloBillsFan
04-10-2010, 02:41 AM
Here you go guys, this is how the draft is going to go! We're less than 2 weeks away :)

1.) Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
2.) Vladimir Ducasse, LT, UMass
3.) Linval Joseph, NT, ECU
4.) Jordan Shipley, WR, Texas
5.) Ciron Black, RT, LSU
6.) Rico McCoy, ST/LB/S, Tennessee
6.) Matt Kopa, OT, Stanford
7.) DeMarcus Granger, NT, Oklahoma
7.) Juice Williams, QB/WR, Illinois

heavyduty
04-10-2010, 01:06 PM
5.) Ciron Black, RT, LSU

I would be happy with this draft but IF Jimmy Clausen is still on the board when we draft at #9 and we pass on him, i truthfully do not know if i will be able to call the bills my favorite team anymore. I have been through a lot of terrible seasons as a bills fan but if we pass on Jimmy Clausen after passing on Oher, Orakpo, and Cushing last draft then it will be clear the bills are ignoring every opportunity to get better and i cannot support that.

redbills
04-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Here you go guys, this is how the draft is going to go! We're less than 2 weeks away :)

5.) Ciron Black, RT, LSU

Ducasse isn't a LT imo
Joseph is a 34 DE
Shipley is slot
Black just sucks
McCoy is like 225
Who?
okay a back-up NT
Hell no

So no not really a fan other than pick 9 and the 3rd. 4th is okay.

BuffaloBillsFan
04-11-2010, 01:18 AM
Ducasse isn't a LT imo
Joseph is a 34 DE
Shipley is slot
Black just sucks
McCoy is like 225
Who?
okay a back-up NT
Hell no

So no not really a fan other than pick 9 and the 3rd. 4th is okay.

Well, Ducasse isn't exactly ideal, in an ideal world, Saffold will be there, but in the real world, he probably will be gone, haha. Ducasse on the other hand, he seems like a real road grader and a physical blocker and could be a solid solution at LT for one year and maybe we can select a pure LT in the 2011 draft, leaving us with a pretty damn solid line.

I like Joseph, but I also think that Al Woods could be a good pickup at NT.

Exactly, put him in the slot and line Hardy & Evans up on the outside.

I like Black, he is consistent and I bet you if absolutely forced to he could survive at LT for a year.

McCoy is a hard hitter, he may be undersized for a linebacker, but I could see him doing some good things on defense, but then again you're right because we already have Nic Harris, nevertheless, McCoy is a prospect that I do like.

Kopa is an underrated lineman, he lost his job due to injury, but when healthy he held his own against big time talent, he could be a Brad Butler type of steal.

Rob S
04-11-2010, 01:25 AM
If we take Clausen, the draft will be a win no matter what unless we just absolutely blow out 2-7 pick Michael Mitchell style.

billybeejr
04-11-2010, 05:58 PM
I really hope Kelly's opinion doesn't really matter to the FO. If we draft Tebo at 9, I will renounce myself as a bills fan.

I would rather go OT at 9 and just not get a qb this year. Anyone else remember when Chad Jackson was supposed to be good?

Rob S
04-12-2010, 09:33 AM
Looks like Lynch will be a goner before the end of draft weekend. What rd. choice would you be happy with? Honestly, I want a 3rd, but with the Holmes trade I doubt we get it......I really don't see much of a point in dealing Marshawn for a 4th or 5th unless someone real good falls.

Poz51
04-13-2010, 07:54 AM
Looks like Lynch will be a goner before the end of draft weekend. What rd. choice would you be happy with? Honestly, I want a 3rd, but with the Holmes trade I doubt we get it......I really don't see much of a point in dealing Marshawn for a 4th or 5th unless someone real good falls.

I personally would be estatic if we could get a third for him, or even package him and move up at some point in the draft, however I doubt we could get a third either, I actually think a 5th is the most likely scenerio after the Holmes trade too. I would agree that there is no point in that, and think the best option would be to try to work out a package deal to move up in the draft.

BuffaloBillsFan
04-13-2010, 11:32 PM
I've read a couple rumors that Seattle may offer their 60th overall pick for him.

SuperMcGee
04-14-2010, 05:13 PM
If there was one thing we had on the rest of the division, it was a kickass secondary. They've certainly been doing work to negate that.
Not directly, but the point is I'm quite upset that Marshall is in the division, and Holmes isn't exactly pleasing.

fischbowl
04-14-2010, 05:30 PM
If there was one thing we had on the rest of the division, it was a kickass secondary

No worries, McGee, The Sex is here to shut 'em down

http://prod.static.bills.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/BUF/photos/player_cards_2010/elis_lankster.jpg

How could you be worried?

Poz51
04-15-2010, 07:08 AM
I've read a couple rumors that Seattle may offer their 60th overall pick for him.

I've heard that too, but I highly doubt it. I would be estatic if it happened, and say do it, if the offer is on the table, but until it happens or the Bills say they have turned the offer down (which I would lose a boat load of respect for Nix and Co. if they did), I simply can not put any faith into the rumors.

Poz51
04-15-2010, 07:16 AM
If there was one thing we had on the rest of the division, it was a kickass secondary. They've certainly been doing work to negate that.
Not directly, but the point is I'm quite upset that Marshall is in the division, and Holmes isn't exactly pleasing.

No worries, McGee, The Sex is here to shut 'em down

http://prod.static.bills.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/BUF/photos/player_cards_2010/elis_lankster.jpg

How could you be worried?

Who's worried about Moss, Welker, Holmes, Keller, Crotchery, Marshall, and the like? Not Jarius Byrd, and obviously not the sex...

BuffaloBillsFan
04-17-2010, 09:49 PM
Hopefully Eric Berry drops down to the 9th pick, maybe Andy Reid would make a play for him. We could potentially score their 24th, 37th and 105th pick for him, which could go a long way in filling some holes.

1st|24th) Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho (BPA, don't forget that Hangman played RT in college)
2nd|37th) Vladimir Duccasse, OT, UMass (An absolute road grader, powerful at the point of attack, could benefit from pro coaching)
2nd|41st) Cam Thomas, NT/DE, North Carolina (Another lineman in the mix with Stroud, Edwards & Williams)
3rd|72nd) Brandon LaFell, WR, LSU (Whatever, Walter said he would fall well past this pick so I'm on it, lol.)
4th|105th) Toby Gerhart, RB, Stanford (Yup, I've lost my mind, but hey this is a fantasy draft and Walter said he would be here for us!)
4th|107th) Jevan Snead, QB, Ole Mississippi (Not a bad spot to take Snead, strong arm and could throw through all the elements at RWS.)
5th|140th) Riley Cooper, WR, Florida (I've always loved him as a prospect.)
6th|178th) Vince Oghobaase, DL, Duke (Another big lineman in the mix.)
6th|192nd) Jay Ross, DL, ECU (See up above.)
7th|209th) Matt Kopa, OT, Stanford (I've actually seen him play quite a bit, he could be a steal here.)
7th|216th) Naaman Roosevelt, WR, Buffalo (Seen him play a couple times before, worth a flier in the 7th.)

Now, this is probably my last Bills mock here and I understand this may be a bit unrealistic, but hey, there is a chance that it happens if Berry slides to us, so anyways here is the projected depth chart for this draft:

QB: Edwards, Brohm, Snead
RB: Jackson, Lynch, Gerhart
FB: McIntyre
WR: Evans, Jackson
WR: LaFell, Hardy
TE: Nelson
LT: Duccasse
LG: Levitre
C: Wood
RG: Iupati
RT: Hangartner

LE: Kyle Williams
NT: Cam Thomas
RE: Dwan Edwards
ROLB: Schobel
ILB: Davis
ILB: Posluszny
LOLB: Maybin
CB: McKelvin
CB: McGee
NCB: Florence
FS: Byrd
SS: Whitner

SuperMcGee
04-18-2010, 02:41 AM
I don't know if I'd be able to handle taking two OL with our first two picks and still feeling like we have 0 starting tackles on the roster.

Rob S
04-19-2010, 08:40 AM
I would be pissed. I am preparing myself for being an extremely angry man Thursday night. I feel very strongly that we are going OT at 9 and trading back into the 1st for Tebow.

Passing on Clausen would kill me. Trading back for Tebow (although I have undying love for the man) will piss me off even more. If we pass on Clausen it damn well better be to land Jake Locker next year (and pair him with a decent young LT) because he is the man.

BuffaloBillsFan
04-19-2010, 10:19 PM
Guys, I got my beer all ready for Thursday so if the draft doesn't go as planned, well I'll be bombed before the 9th pick anyways, HAHAH!!

redbills
04-21-2010, 01:08 PM
1st|24th) Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho (BPA, don't forget that Hangman played RT in college)
2nd|37th) Vladimir Duccasse, OT, UMass (An absolute road grader, powerful at the point of attack, could benefit from pro coaching)
2nd|41st) Cam Thomas, NT/DE, North Carolina (Another lineman in the mix with Stroud, Edwards & Williams)
3rd|72nd) Brandon LaFell, WR, LSU (Whatever, Walter said he would fall well past this pick so I'm on it, lol.)
4th|105th) Toby Gerhart, RB, Stanford (Yup, I've lost my mind, but hey this is a fantasy draft and Walter said he would be here for us!)
4th|107th) Jevan Snead, QB, Ole Mississippi (Not a bad spot to take Snead, strong arm and could throw through all the elements at RWS.)
5th|140th) Riley Cooper, WR, Florida (I've always loved him as a prospect.)
6th|178th) Vince Oghobaase, DL, Duke (Another big lineman in the mix.)
6th|192nd) Jay Ross, DL, ECU (See up above.)
7th|209th) Matt Kopa, OT, Stanford (I've actually seen him play quite a bit, he could be a steal here.)
7th|216th) Naaman Roosevelt, WR, Buffalo (Seen him play a couple times before, worth a flier in the 7th.)

"Hangman played RT in college", yea and has played IOL since day 1 in the NFL. Hang. at RT would be epic fail.
Duccasse, okay a RT so Jamon is the LT then? I'd rather get a LT and put Jamon at RT.
I don't think he is worth that pick and I think Troup will be the better player.
LaFell, good.
Gerhart will suck in the NFL as all white RBs.
Snead, while I like in this deep draft I don't touch him till the 5 at the min.
Cooper, good pick.
Oghobaase, 34 DE okay.
Ross, DE or NT? with stroud, k.williams (maybe), edwards, johnson, oghobasse we have enough 34 ends. and at nt if we get cam then kyle will be the back-up imho. so i don't see 3 dls.
Kopa, meh its the 7th.
Roosevelt, 3 WRs?

Rob S
04-21-2010, 04:11 PM
Big Ben is on the block for a top 10 ten pick.....the Bills have said no according to Schefter.

Bills2083
04-21-2010, 04:23 PM
Gerhart will suck in the NFL as all white RBs.

really?...

Rob S
04-22-2010, 10:31 AM
Today is gonna suck. I mean, it will be awesome because its the the draft, but its going to suck because the Bills will blow it.

Bills2083
04-22-2010, 11:12 AM
This is my draft prediction as of right now...

#9 - CJ Spiller
trade back up into the bottom of the 1st for Tebow...

do I want this to happen?
no; but I see this playing out. I dont know why

Poz51
04-22-2010, 12:12 PM
Today is gonna suck. I mean, it will be awesome because its the the draft, but its going to suck because the Bills will blow it.

I just keep thinking to myself, new administration, same old crap?? Could they pass on Clausen, for a NT with a faulty motor, or a tackle with gator arms, only to trade up for Tebow later in the draft... Now for the good news; I found a store that sells Molson Canadian in this god foresaken state and should at least be in a good mood to watch this debacle, and plan on the highlight of my night to be a dream involving a fluffer-nutter sandwhich eating Mel Kiper Jr. after he constantly reminds people how disfunctional the Bills franchise is despite the new direction they are moving in with management... At least its the draft....

SuperMcGee
04-22-2010, 06:12 PM
Crap, guys. I didn't want this to happen, but I've gotten to the point where I'm really rooting against taking a certain player. So welcome to Buffalo, Dan Williams.

Bills2083
04-22-2010, 08:01 PM
Thoughts?
IMO, this basically ensures that Lynch will be traded.

BufFan71
04-22-2010, 08:36 PM
wow...

no clausen?

Rob S
04-22-2010, 09:12 PM
Trade Up! Right ******* now! It is so damn obvious. Clausen and Spiller would be full of win.

SuperMcGee
04-22-2010, 09:20 PM
Beg and plead and give our older brothers in the AFCE whatever they want, just get us ahead of Minnesota!

Bills2083
04-22-2010, 09:21 PM
trade with NE please!
we NEED to get in front of Minnesota. :(

redbills
04-22-2010, 11:03 PM
a ******* RB **** me. unless we get a 3 for Lynch this blows balls.

SuperMcGee
04-22-2010, 11:18 PM
No "unless" about it. It was not the direction we should have gone in. Lynch definitely needs to go.

I mean, I know I'm going to end up loving CJ Spiller on the Bills, I've always liked him. But I already love Fred Jackson and not much else. Freddy isn't the youngest guy and not as dynamic as CJ, I know, but I just can't bring myself to like this.

But we still have a chance to make it all better.

Rob S
04-22-2010, 11:30 PM
If somehow we get Clausen in the 2nd, we instantly have an amazing draft. If we don't, it sucks.

redbills
04-22-2010, 11:37 PM
yea don't get me wrong Spiller is a great back and if we had a need at RB it would be a great pick.

Bills2083
04-23-2010, 12:10 AM
If we can get a 3rd for Lynch....
then move up to #33...

1.) Spiller
2.) Clausen
3.) LT/NT

I'd like it.

ruthlessrussian
04-23-2010, 12:24 AM
Okay, so i'm pissed. But there is hope. The football Gods have thrown us a bone all the FO now needs to do is bite. Somehow JC is in the second round and Tebow is not(Thank stupidity and the Broncos!) If we do not do EVERYTHING POSSIBLE at this point to ensure that we get Clausen.... F***. I don't know. Riot maybe?

Poz51
04-23-2010, 08:38 AM
If somehow we get Clausen in the 2nd, we instantly have an amazing draft. If we don't, it sucks.
Amen... Although I still think we could get some other players in the second and it would still be great... Cody would really solidify the run D for instance.

If we can get a 3rd for Lynch....
then move up to #33...
What about Lynch and 41 for 33, Im in... :D
1.) Spiller
2.) Clausen
3.) LT/NT

I'd like it.
I'd like it too, big time win for this franchise.

Okay, so i'm pissed. But there is hope. The football Gods have thrown us a bone all the FO now needs to do is bite. Somehow JC is in the second round and Tebow is not(Thank stupidity and the Broncos!) If we do not do EVERYTHING POSSIBLE at this point to ensure that we get Clausen.... F***. I don't know. Riot maybe?
I hope they do... My friend from Denver called when Tebow put the hat on, before the actual pick, virtually in tears!! Lol, I couldnt help but laugh at him :p It certainly should be out of the realm of possibility that the Ralph is burnt to the ground in the full court press is not made...

Agreed boys, I thought for sure the Minny trade was with the Bills for Clausen... If we trade up (41 and a pick next year?), for Clausen and some how manage an LT or NT (Washington and Woods?, Maybe Josesph, then Washington if possible) of some value later in the draft, with Clausen and Spiller, I would be a happy fluffer-nutter... Thought; What if we can get a Cody, or C. Brown, with our natural pick, and end up with a Locker or Mallett type next year?? Ideally I want Clausen, but just a "what if" thought...

Poz51
04-23-2010, 11:49 AM
We have "Miller Time" and now "Spiller Time"... If its not Clausen in round 2, who do you think?? Saffold? Brown? Cody? What direction would you go in if there is not trade up...

fischbowl
04-23-2010, 12:13 PM
Spiller time makes me want to commit some killer time

Bills2083
04-23-2010, 12:16 PM
haha, Poz, are you making reference to the Sunday paper?

ruthlessrussian
04-23-2010, 06:46 PM
Hello? Is anybody still here? (Cricket noises)

I hope that none of you guys went off the deep?

Really, it's okay. I'm sure there is a pefectly logical reason for passing on Clausen twice.....

redbills
04-23-2010, 08:17 PM
Troup, good pick my #2 NT.
Alex, good pick my #2 34 DE.

Very happy day 2.

Iamcanadian
04-23-2010, 09:21 PM

Very happy day 2.

Being forced to rebuild the defense because we switched schemes when our OL is a sieve leaves me cold. We are simply in a constant mess with no light at the end of the tunnel. It seems to me that we are going backward.

Bills2083
04-23-2010, 09:55 PM
DE - Edwards, Johnson, Carrington?
NT - Troup, Williams
DE - Stroud, McCargo

am I missing anyone?

ruthlessrussian
04-23-2010, 10:01 PM
Being forced to rebuild the defense because we switched schemes when our OL is a sieve leaves me cold. We are simply in a constant mess with no light at the end of the tunnel. It seems to me that we are going backward.

You know, I used to disagree with your pessimism about the organization's direction but I have to totally agree with you now.

It's not that I do not like the picks, I do believe that they will all contribute this year, but there were many better picks that could have been made especially along the offensive line.

redbills
04-23-2010, 11:19 PM
DE - Edwards, Carrington
NT - Troup, Williams
DE - Stroud, Johnson

am I missing anyone?

fixed imho.

redbills
04-23-2010, 11:19 PM
also all we need is a LT on the O-Line, Jamon I think will be a good RT.

ruthlessrussian
04-24-2010, 12:25 AM
also all we need is a LT on the O-Line, Jamon I think will be a good RT.

and a francise QB.... and a reliable second receiver that he can get the ball to....

Ugh, I should stay positive. Okay. So Bruce Cambell is there. Honestly, I thought that bringing him in would be a bad idea, but that was in the second round; in the fourth i'm all for making him the pick. If he is gone we might as well stick to the defensive philosophy and take Eric Norwood. Also Skelton in the fifth or sixth round, if he is still there, would be sweet. Although Jarrett Brown might be more appealing to Gailey's style of offense. OH GOD, watch, Gailey's going to want to bring in Juice Williams... F***! f***! f***!

redbills
04-24-2010, 12:33 AM
yea we need a QB but the Bills and many other teams passed on Jimmy for a reason, what it was IDK but it must have been good. Yea we also need a #2 WR but Nix wants to see what Hardy can do, remeber he was raw coming out only having to run a few routes in college then hurt his knee, I still think he can be a good #2 but this is his make or break year and I like S.Johnson.
Cambell IDK, Nix wants guys that have done it with pads on and he hasn't done that. I'd be okay with it but I don't think he is the pick.
Norwood is the pick imho, he has done it for 4 years and done it at a high level.
Skelton, would love him in R5 or 6. Brown, eh, R6 I'd be fine i guess. Juice Williams f to the u to the c to the k no.

ruthlessrussian
04-24-2010, 12:53 AM
Ha those last two were a joke. I was trying to think of picks that would piss me off even more.

I would agree about Cambell but we have nothing at LT which is ridiculous to say considering that it is imo the second most important position in football. Good teams have good blind side protectors. We don't. If we can't figure something out now we will be picking in the top 5 next year for sure.

BuffaloBillsFan
04-24-2010, 01:17 AM
Mardy Gilyard tomorrow, gogogogoogo!!

BuffaloBillsFan
04-24-2010, 01:17 AM
Btw, somebody pos rep me, you guys are ridiculous, at least put me in green rep. :rolleyes:

redbills
04-24-2010, 02:12 AM
Ha those last two were a joke. I was trying to think of picks that would piss me off even more.

I would agree about Cambell but we have nothing at LT which is ridiculous to say considering that it is imo the second most important position in football. Good teams have good blind side protectors. We don't. If we can't figure something out now we will be picking in the top 5 next year for sure.

How? A good NT and a good DE piss you off?

Last 3 SB teams and thier LT.
NO-Jermon Bushrod, avg. at best was really really bad per profootballfocus.
IND-Charlie Johnson, meh avg. at best.
PIT-Max Starks, decent.
ARZ-Mike Gandy, yea that same Gandy that played here.
NYG-David Diehl, meh.
NE-Matt Light, best OT by far in this group.
IND-Tony Ugoh, blows.
CHI-Forget who thier LT was so he can't be good.

Yes LT is important but it isn't the #2 thing on a team and that shows it.

And that is when we get our QB then, Locker or Mallet.

ruthlessrussian
04-24-2010, 04:42 AM
Yes it can piss me off because we have a. no francise qb and b. no francise left tackle.

I like that we are making sure our defense is going to be able to transition into an effective 34 unit but we did it at the expense of our offense, which will once again struggle.

I believe in a simple philosophy when it comes to football. First you get a francise signal caller. Second you build an oline around him. Third you get players that can get after the opposing QB. In other words in order to win teams need an effective QB and they need to win in the trenchs on both sides of the ball. This to me is a winning football formula.

And yes LT, or the QB's blind side protector is the second most important position in football. To be fair if the entire offensive is good then a team might be able to get away with not having a great LT but that doesn't lessen the position. You're arguement about the SB teams is noted but aside from the Bears (Grossman, Ha) all of those teams had/have francise QB's. If you give a francise QB time to throw, which a great LT helps to ensure, your offense is usually effective at scoring points. Although the saints may had Bushrod in for a hurt Williams, their entire right side of their line were pro bowlers last season (for what thats worth today). Therefore, they could then dedicate more to defended Bree's blind side, assumably. But again, this doesn't mean that by not having a great LT wouldn't jhave made them better. The Ravens had Ogden, the Rams had Pace, the Colts Tarik Glenn(not Ugoh btw), the Seahawks had Jones(with Hutch flanking him), and when Light was younger you better believe he was anchoring that Patriots line. Just how many sacks did the Panthers dline have in that superbowl?

Francise QB+ Francise LT+ Pass Rush = win. Unfortunately we do not have this.

ruthlessrussian
04-24-2010, 08:23 PM
Hmmm... So after all is said and done I don't hate this draft. I think that passing on Jimmy twice is really going to bite us in the ass but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

As far as our offense goes:
Cambell would have been a complete steal in the forth, but Wang is serviceable and Calloway is a bit of steal himself in the 7th. Basically, it's nice that we atleast addressed the oline and that we got midround prospects with a fifth and a seventh. Let's hope it pans out. Also, Wang, from a historical perspective, is a pretty sweet pick. His marketability as the first chinease decendent player in the NFL is intriguing
Easly is another latter round guy the could actually blossem with us. All the tools are there, he just needs to stop using his body to trap balls. Also. there is atleast one draft site reporting Namaan Roosevelt to the bills as a udfa! Win for the hometown guy's if it's true.
Levi Brown? Maybe Gailey figures he can groom him into a solid backup. As with Easly, the physical tools are all there, he can make solid throws, but he definitely needs some coaching.
To finish off with the offense, we did draft someone by the name of Spiller.... Dynamic yes. I'm sure that I will love him as a Bill but this pick still bugs me...

On the defensive side:
Win! Simply because we didn't use a single pick on a player for the secondary. It's about f'ing time! Anyway...
Troup wouldn't have been my pick but it's not a bad pick (disregarding that we passed on Clausen or even Veldheer at that point). Carrington was a solid pick in the third. But what really saved this draft for me was Arthur Moats in the 6th. I believe it was Poz51 that called this pick (I think as a 4th rounder no?). If I had to bet the farm on whether or not this guy will make an impact down the road the Bills I would do it. I really do believe this guy will make it in the league. The SDSU end should at least give us some good depth.

Final Thoughts: Not as bad of draft as thought we were about to have but passing on Clausen twice makes me sick. I still figure we will be picking top5 next year, both our defense and offense will be going through transition, and it's to be expected. An early cheers in honor of Mr. Locker, a future Bill!

SuperMcGee
04-24-2010, 08:23 PM
This draft seemed to have as many WNY roots as ever, so congrats to Rob Gronkowski, Mike Williams, James Starks, and Doug Worthington for getting drafted and my boy Naaman Roosevelt for getting picked up by his hometown Bills. Chris Gronkowski was also signed after the draft.
Williams coming out of the Buffalo Public Schools would be especially exciting, if he wasn't such an idiot. Congrats nonetheless.

princefielder28
04-24-2010, 10:19 PM
This draft seemed to have as many WNY roots as ever, so congrats to Rob Gronkowski, Mike Williams, James Starks, and Doug Worthington for getting drafted and my boy Naaman Roosevelt for getting picked up by his hometown Bills. Chris Gronkowski was also signed after the draft.
Williams coming out of the Buffalo Public Schools would be especially exciting, if he wasn't such an idiot. Congrats nonetheless.

James Starks in Green and Gold! <3

Bills2083
04-25-2010, 10:08 AM
James Starks in Green and Gold! <3

I met his little brother at a track meet yesterday.
awesome, I know. hahaha

But he was pretty good though.

bored of education
04-25-2010, 08:46 PM
so the interior is set with Levitre, Wood, and Calloway

is Calloway gonna play RG? I heard he is getting bumped inside?

Bills2083
04-25-2010, 08:47 PM
Calloway is switching to the interior.
Highly doubt he starts right away, though.

Will most likely be Levitre, Hangartner, Wood (interior-wise)

fischbowl
04-26-2010, 09:17 AM
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/15/155117.jpg

Everybody Wang Chung Tonight?

redbills
04-26-2010, 10:47 AM
Calloway is switching to the interior.
Highly doubt he starts right away, though.

Will most likely be Levitre, Hangartner, Wood (interior-wise)

+1 .

Rob S
04-27-2010, 01:22 PM
Any word on Wood's recovery? Will he be ready to start right away? If so, I think the interior of the line could be OK.....we are still going to get murdered on the outside, but the interior line could be decent. Lets hope Spiller will run it up the middle and doesnt bounce everything outside bc that will be an epic fail with our current line imo.

Poz51
04-28-2010, 07:05 AM
haha, Poz, are you making reference to the Sunday paper?

Yeah, I thought it was mildly clever, and hopefully Spiller Time is every bit as good for the Bills as Miller Time has been for the Sabres.

Poz51
04-28-2010, 07:38 AM
Agreed, we are rebuilding upon a rebuilding, I still contend that the defense was almost fully rebuilt, it just needed a little tweeking. Offensively I will get too... I know you have to go backward in order to move forward, but we are constantly moving backward too much, with minimal if any movement forward, then moving backward again...

Very happy day 2.
Red I am gonna disagree with you on this. IMO Troup is a third round guy, I had Cody and Joseph ranked higher, and find it odd that two teams that historically hit on defensive linemen in the draft, the Giants and the Ravens took those two guys wasting little time to do so. The real stinger for me is I had Cody going to the Bills as my #2 NT until the Chargers trade, and he ends up going to Baltimore, hmmm... Coincidence, we pass on him, and they jump on him? I think not ;) Troup has potential and they are both essentially run stoppers, but Cody to me would have been a better pick, and Baltimore scooping him up, only strengthens my conviction... Time will tell. Passing on Clausen leads me to believe that they are indeed looking towards next years draft, and I would think they are already targeting Locker, who fits about everything they have stated that they want in a QB, IMO...
I like Carrington alot, and when the pick came up, I thought it would be between Carrington and Jerry, with taking Spiller in the first, why not take Jerry to push people out of the way for the fancy new toy? Maybe they see Jerry as a guard? I dont know, either way I can live with Carrington, I think he'll be a beast for us in the future, but again, why pass on the right tackle who enhances the run game, and having signed D. Edwards take a depth player over some who could start next season if not this upcoming year? Coincidence again that the Dolphins who's coaches strength is offensive line took Jerry with the very next pick?

Hello? Is anybody still here? (Cricket noises)

I hope that none of you guys went off the deep?

Really, it's okay. I'm sure there is a pefectly logical reason for passing on Clausen twice.....

The reason has to be that they are looking forward to next years draft, and landing Locker, Mallat or Luck, in what should be a very deep quarterback class. Apparently they also just did not like Jimmy, simply put... Personally I would have prefered to start rebuilding this year at quarter back or left tackle, especially prior to the fifth round, but Ed Wang looks like a gamer :roll: Calloway is most likely converting to guard, and McShay likes Levi Brown, but he also loved Maybin (vomit)...

p.s. I almost lost my santity the very second I heard the "T" sound come out of the TV, instead of the "J", fortunatly for me my son happen to spit up all over me at that very second...

Poz51
04-28-2010, 08:36 AM
Hmmm... So after all is said and done I don't hate this draft.
I dont either, but I certainly dont love it by any means...

As far as our offense goes:
Cambell would have been a complete steal in the forth,
I actually agree with this, as that is around where I would put his value.
but Wang is serviceable
I gonna disagree, Wang is a hard worker with good athleticism, but he is terribly raw, he is very weak, can not anchor, and gets run over regularly, has some bad habits technically, his run blocking is severely limited, and his football IQ for me is questionable... For me he is another LT project who is 2-3 years from getting off the practice squad.
and Calloway is a bit of steal himself in the 7th.
I agree, I think the guy can play just about any where, and should be able to see the field on the right side of the line.
Also, Wang, from a historical perspective, is a pretty sweet pick.
This is nice and all, but on the field I dont see him helping us.
His marketability as the first chinease decendent player in the NFL is intriguing. I cant see him helping on the field thought, would have much rather prefered a tackle like Harewood, Newhouse, or even Washington myself

Easly is another latter round guy the could actually blossem with us. All the tools are there, he just needs to stop using his body to trap balls.
Unfortunatly that is one of the hardest habits to break in a wide reciever... He's a big time boom or bust type prospect, I love his size and speed, I think he needs help running routes, and outside of J. Murphy and D. McCourty there was only one other Big East Corner drafted and he was from Uconn, so he did not play against top corners consistantly, he did however perform well against the best teams on the schedule for the most part.
Levi Brown? Maybe Gailey figures he can groom him into a solid backup. As with Easly, the physical tools are all there, he can make solid throws, but he definitely needs some coaching.
Could Levi Brown be the seventh round version of Tom Brady? We'll see, another project type...
To finish off with the offense, we did draft someone by the name of Spiller.... Dynamic yes. I'm sure that I will love him as a Bill but this pick still bugs me...
I dont mind the pick, and I think the pick itself caused Jacksonville to panic, and several other teams, because things got real wierd afterward. I like his personality and character as opposed to Lynch, but I am not sure we have, or drafted the tackles to support him, and that is what bugs me...

On the defensive side:
Win! Simply because we didn't use a single pick on a player for the secondary.
Overall I liked the draft from a defensive perspective, still would have liked to take Cody or Joseph over Troup.
But what really saved this draft for me was Arthur Moats in the 6th. I believe it was Poz51 that called this pick (I think as a 4th rounder no?). If I had to bet the farm on whether or not this guy will make an impact down the road the Bills I would do it. I really do believe this guy will make it in the league.
This was the only pick that I kept saying, "Take Moats, take Moats..."
and they did, causing me to actually jump out of my seat! My second year down here, I spent some time helping coach at C.H.S. and worked with Moats a little, I remembered him listening well and taking in everything,
actively, especially considering he was the "Big Man" on the squad. Nice as could be, and very athletic, the J.M.U. recruiters were all over him and with good reason, the kid turns "it" on the second the whistle blows. My second to last projection had him going to Buffalo at that pick in the sixth round, I moved him up to Pittsburgh in my last mock. I also have complete faith that once he adjusts to the size and speed of the NFL game he will be a James Harrison type player on the pass rush, and he plays with that type of intenstiy. I would not be surprised if he contributed right away on pass rush downs, strictly as a pass rusher. I know some see him as an ILB, but I see him as an edge guy myself.
The SDSU end should at least give us some good depth.
Solid all around player, no bones with this pick.

Final Thoughts: Not as bad of draft as thought we were about to have but passing on Clausen twice makes me sick. I still figure we will be picking top5 next year, both our defense and offense will be going through transition, and it's to be expected. An early cheers in honor of Mr. Locker, a future Bill!

I am of the same opinion, I really think passing on Clausen in the second round spoke volumes about what they are thinking in regards to next year, honestly I think next years QB class has the potential to be an epic, once in a generation type. Although I still would contend that unless Bell or Meredith (Meredith is who I would put my money on) develops into a starting caliber left tackle, I think we will be talking about LT as a need two years from now... Green to me is garbage, and we will certainly need a replacement at right tackle in the very near future. I heard a rumor out of Baltimore that there is a possibilty that Jared Gaither could be had for a second round pick next year, I would do it my self even though I think it'll be a high second round pick, any thoughts on that if it were possible?

Rob S
04-28-2010, 12:18 PM
Anyone else looking forward to what Maybin can do at rush LB?

fischbowl
04-28-2010, 12:26 PM

Granted that seems the be the only position he can play, yes

SuperMcGee
04-28-2010, 06:37 PM

Yup.

I'd really like to know who's starting on the outside. Don't leave me now, Schobel. We need Aaron Power forcing balls into McCoverage!

Rob S
04-29-2010, 08:12 PM
I think Aaron will be back.....its just a hunch tho.

Poz51
04-30-2010, 10:57 AM
Yup.

I'd really like to know who's starting on the outside. Don't leave me now, Schobel. We need Aaron Power forcing balls into McCoverage!

I think Aaron will be back.....its just a hunch tho.

Very clever...

I think so to, nice little nest egg for retirement Aaron, just come on back...

redbills
04-30-2010, 08:26 PM
http://audio.wgr550.com/m/audio/30538236/jerry-sullivan-on-the-howard-simon-show.htm?q=draft&seek=651.229

Who the hell is Sullivan?

SuperMcGee
04-30-2010, 09:21 PM
I don't like Sullivan. But at least he's not Bucky Gleason.

Rosebud
05-01-2010, 06:07 PM
Just need something to procrastinate so I figured I check in here. I lived in Buffalo for two years, moved away last year, and so have been keeping an eye on the bills as much as I could.

I gotta say I really like this draft for the Bills, I like Clausen and think he'll be a good solid starter for a long time and on a stacked offense like Carolina's he should do well, but I completely understand a team that's just starting its rebuild waiting to grab some with more talent like Locker next year. Thus I understand the Spiller pick, kid could be the next Faulk or CJ and if that's how good he becomes then this pick is completely validated. I would've taken Dan Williams or Anthony Davis in their situation but apparently I like DW more than most of the NFL and I understand how Davis' dedication concerns could worry a team in the middle of a rebuild like the Bills. Bulaga's a fine OT but this time me and the NFL boys saw eye to and didn't see a special franchise caliber guy.

In Round two I love the Troup pick, if your convinced Clausen isn't the guy you want you don't take him no matter how much of a "steal" he becomes unless it's day three. I like Troup a lot and think he'll be a longtime starter. He's got great bulk and can really anchor well but most impressively of all he gets off the line very well for such a massive guy, I wanted him or Joseph to become Giants. He's raw, but in a year or two he should be starting and anchoring a new rejuvenated run D. Love this pick

Carrington is another Lineman who'll be a long term starter that'll also be a big part of a new run D. Although a guy like Bruce Campbell at this point would've made sense to give yourself a potential franchise LT, but I like going with the safer project along the DL in Carrington. These past two picks will help Aaron Maybin become the monster he can become in this scheme. The Offense still needs a QB and LT but at this point you're not likely to get a top caliber starter so fixing the D makes absolute sense and for the 3-4 transition that DL needed a serious boost just like the O. Another very good pick.

Easley is a nice project pick who can sit and develop while Hardy gets the shot to be the #2. If both work out sweet, if Hardy doesn't you've got Easley with a year of polish to take a shot at filling the spot.

Wang's alright, he's a project who very could end up playing LG, I would've taken one of the small school RT with eventual starting potential at this point in case Meredith fails to put things together or underachieves, worst case senario you have fine depth and a potential Guard. Very meh on this pick should be a waste once they add a high second round LT next year to go with Locker.

Moats is a good OLB to have, polish the kid and at best you have a starter to pair with Maybin or a quality rotational guy. In round 6 this is a very good pick.

Calloway is intriguing at RG and could give you quite the interior OL which will mean a lot to your running game which in turn will make life easier on next year's rookie QB and LT.

Overall this is a draft that I think will play a big part in your future as Wang is the only pick I don't think has a future on this team, or at least much of one, and although you don't have a QB and LT you can't always fix everything in one year and I do like the QBs they'll have a shot at next year a lot more than I do Clausen.

SuperMcGee
05-01-2010, 07:04 PM
Moats is a good OLB to have, polish the kid and at best you have a starter to pair with Maybin or a quality rotational guy. In round 6 this is a very good pick.

The current plan is to play Moats at ILB, but a move to a somewhat more familiar role on the outside wouldn't take much. Danny Batten was a guy that you didn't mention, he's up on the outside. I'd certainly like someone to emerge during the year. Chris Kelsay is an uninspiring starter and probably not destined to be on this team much longer. I'm not counting out Chris Ellis in the new scheme, but that may be wishful thinking.

Rosebud
05-01-2010, 08:04 PM
The current plan is to play Moats at ILB, but a move to a somewhat more familiar role on the outside wouldn't take much. Danny Batten was a guy that you didn't mention, he's up on the outside. I'd certainly like someone to emerge during the year. Chris Kelsay is an uninspiring starter and probably not destined to be on this team much longer. I'm not counting out Chris Ellis in the new scheme, but that may be wishful thinking.

I was going to ask what the ILBs should look like, I figure Poz and Kawika would be the two best fits for the starting ILB spots but it's not my scheme they'll be running.

SuperMcGee
05-01-2010, 08:27 PM
Poz, Mitchell, and Andra Davis are the prominent players in there, with Poz being the only sure starter. Keith Ellison and Nic Harris are still in the depth mix. They're both undersized and better suited as coverage backers. Ellison looked to have a little more thump to his game before he got hurt last year, but he's just Keith Ellison. And then you have Moats switching to ILB, possibly being a guy that can attack the QB from multiple spots. I think he's definitely a guy they want to use.

I doubt Corto makes it this time around, but you never know who they want to keep on special teams. Bryan Scott should be back as part of our ridiculously deep safety group.

redbills
05-01-2010, 09:01 PM
I 99% sure they said Moats will play ILB but could move to OLB on passing downs.

ILB DC to me is this
Poz/Moats - Davis/Mitchell

Rosebud
05-02-2010, 09:53 AM
Did Davis have some sort of resurgence last year? Last I saw him he was sucking it up for the Browns as a mediocre run stuffer who excelled at making tackles 5-7 yards from the LOS.

billybeejr
05-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Just some optimistic thoughts:

Wasn't Maybin supposed to be a better fit at rush lb than DE anyway? He didn't show anything last season, but I think he can benefit a lot relative to other bills from the transition to the 3-4(hopefully).

And I know a lot of people don't like passing on Clausen, but if we passed on him twice, I think we can trust the FO on this one. And I don't trust them often.

Rosebud
05-05-2010, 10:21 AM
Just some optimistic thoughts:

Wasn't Maybin supposed to be a better fit at rush lb than DE anyway? He didn't show anything last season, but I think he can benefit a lot relative to other bills from the transition to the 3-4(hopefully).

And I know a lot of people don't like passing on Clausen, but if we passed on him twice, I think we can trust the FO on this one. And I don't trust them often.

Totally, I think the move to the 3-4 was largely for Maybin, kid has all of the tools to become the next DeMarcus Ware in the scheme. He's still raw so it'll take some time, but I think he's going to have a pretty good year and really have a break out 3rd season next year, when you've hopefully added your QB and LT of the future.

As for Clausen I think the reason you guys passed on him was just as much the fact that he's not likely to ever be more than just a solid starter, which is okay for a team with a steve smith and a monster running game, as much as it was because he isn't a very good fit for Gainey's system.

Poz51
05-05-2010, 11:59 AM
I talked to Arthur Moats yesterday, the kid is so excited to be going to Buffalo the first thing out of his mouth was that he cant wait to get up there and get to work, and he was genuinely excited to be going to Buffalo and play infront of their passionate fans. Still humble, character has not changed, and he is much bigger than I recalled, and very hungry to get to work... If you get a chance to meet him, do, he is the anti-Lynch...

roidrunner
05-07-2010, 10:24 AM
hey guys long time no talk, it is seeming more likely that i will be in buffalo in the next month or so for an interview. So i need to know. How is the state of the team? Did you guys like the draft? Picks you liked or did not like? I wanna know how the fans truey feel rather than just listening to the experts blast one pick and praise another? And is there any useful information you have for me about the city of Buffalo?? As of right now it is looking like the first or second weekend in June i will be going to Buffalo for an interview, which is exciting. Can not wait to hear what you guys have to say.

redbills
05-07-2010, 10:53 AM
Spiller, we do need a threat on O
Troup, was my #2 NT
Carrington, my #2 34 DE
Easley, meh, he has a nice size speed combo so well see
Wang, think of the jokes we can make, but cbssports had him a a 3rd rounder
Moats, like it
Batten, like it
Brown, like it
Calloway, like it

Poz51
05-11-2010, 07:46 AM
How is the state of the team?
Clearly a team in transition, new offense, new defense, new front office. IMO its gonna be a long year, we'll find out about the QB's, and wether or not its a new GM who can draft and provide some direction, or its the same old crap, draft included.
Did you guys like the draft? Picks you liked or did not like?
IMO it could have been better, I like Spiller as a person, and exciting player, but again key area's of the team were ignored, at least he's the Anti-Lynch, no getting kids to throw him a ball at trainning camp, purposefully not catching it, and letting a teamate pick it up and apologize. Troup... Ill get to that, I liked the Carrington pick alot, the guy is strong, quick, and plays with intensity, Easely (one year wonder?)... Wang? Not the answer IMO at LT, but he does have potential, and some good athletic ability. Moats is a guy I love, nice as can be off the field and has a great work ethic, on the field he turns it on, and will be a terror on the blitz from the ILB spot, or OLB. I'll address the rest in a second.
And is there any useful information you have for me about the city of Buffalo??
I've been gone for about 6 years now, and been back twice since, its still cold in the winter... Best chicken wings any where, I dont know if they still have the biggest and best IMO, but Vinny's out in Cheekto-vegas was always worth the trip when I lived there. Empire brewing company if its still open had good micro brews, and definetly wrap it up after a night on the town... Protection is key...
As of right now it is looking like the first or second weekend in June i will be going to Buffalo for an interview, which is exciting. Can not wait to hear what you guys have to say.

Good luck with your interview, of all the places I have lived, Buffalo is still my favorite, good times and good people. Cold as hell at times, but it is WNY...

Spiller, we do need a threat on O
He'll add excitement for sure, but a luxury pick, Davis, Graham, Williams, Clausen all would have addressed bigger needs. The Spiller pick apparently ruined Jacksonvilles draft, and sent them into a funk, so maybe he can be the next C.J. and justify the pick.
Troup, was my #2 NT
He was not my #2, and I had Mt. Cody as my #2, who coincidently went to Baltimore (who know a thing or two about defense, and defensive linemen), and Linval Joseph as my 3rd who went to the Giants... I would have taken either of them over Troup, preferably Cody. Time will tell about Troup, I had him as a 3rd-4th round guy, and see him as a reach in the second.
Carrington, my #2 34 DE
Carrington is a guy I love, and can see him having an immediate and long term impact. I would agree with him being the #2 five tech.
Easley, meh, he has a nice size speed combo so well see
One year wonder? Good size and speed, the coaching staff loved his tape, although it was just of his senior season, he is raw and will drop passes.
Wang, think of the jokes we can make, but cbssports had him a a 3rd rounder
Buffalo is developing a bad habit of taking, 5th, 7th round and undrafted LT prospects and "developing" them (then not paying them and trading them). How often can you catch lightning in a bottle in this situation? He has good lateral quickness, but gets little push in the run game, and can be bull rushed. Potential and time will tell, but does this franchise have time??
Moats, like it
Love the pick, like I said, the guy has been all work ethic since high school, and has the ability to succeed in addition to the drive.
Batten, like it
I liked it as well, dont know much about him other than like Moats he is a very high motor guy.
Brown, like it
I dont mind it, could he pan out in time? Maybe, but the odds are against him. He comes from a spread offense so there is a chance he could make the team and find a niche this year.
Calloway, like it
I like it alot, I thought Calloway would be long gone, and like him as a RT prospect, although it appears they like him at guard. People forget that Iowa swithed him from RT to LT in game this past season, and he held his own...

I give it a "B" for a grade, they certainly addressed the defense, and appear to be holding onto hope that one of the QB's on the roster can win the job outright, personally I believe that they are looking forward to a top five pick, and a shot at Locker or someone next year. Ed Wang in the fifth does not address the LT spot IMO, and I am hoping they find a way to get Gaither out of Baltimore, with his contract situation, and injury history (which is not horrible) I would think a 2nd or 3rd straight up gets it done, or a 3rd and a player... Hope this babbling helped or is what you are looking for :)

Rosebud
05-12-2010, 07:04 PM
FYI Linval Joseph is a worse 3-4 NT prospect than Troup. Joseph's too tall and is too much of a penetrator, in a 3-4 he'd be playing end. That said I liked Joseph more than Troup for my giants so I'm happy with how things worked out, and I like both more than Cody. He's just as raw as either of these two and infinitely lazier and fatter.

Poz51
05-13-2010, 07:51 AM
FYI Linval Joseph is a worse 3-4 NT prospect than Troup. Joseph's too tall and is too much of a penetrator, in a 3-4 he'd be playing end. That said I liked Joseph more than Troup for my giants so I'm happy with how things worked out, and I like both more than Cody. He's just as raw as either of these two and infinitely lazier and fatter.

Jamal Williams is 6'3" and has played the nose is a 3-4 successfully, Vince Wilfork is 6'2" and seems to hold his own, and Jay Ratliff is 6'4" and made his second pro-bowl this year, and Ted Washington at 6'5" seemed to define the position, so I have a hard time buying the "Joseph's to tall" arguement... When I hear and read about nose tackles, a couple of traits usually pop up; strong, stout at the point of attack, quick reaction time, space eater, and ability to take on double teams. Ratliff doesnt have the bulk (303 ibs), but I think most would agree that he uses his strength and athleticism to be successful, according to our very own Scott Wright, Joseph has "Fantastic strength and power " and is "Very athletic", although at 6'4" he is "too tall" to play the nose in a 3-4. Wilfork's scouting reports constantly mention that he is quick and explosive, Mr. Wright as well as many others mention Joseph being "Explosive with a burst --- Quick", and as is the case with all good NT's Joseph is "Stout at the point of attack". I dont understand why his ability to penetrate and make plays in the backfield is a bad thing. Again our very own Mr. Wright says that Joseph is "rare blend of size, brute strength and athleticism --- A bit raw technically but still has a world of potential." Now does Joseph use proper leverage, and technique all the time, No, but how many coming out of college do? Jamal Williams needed work, and took two years to develop, Jay Ratliff did not light it up his first two years, so my point being that it takes a little time to develop. No one knocks Holati Ngata for his ability to be athletic and penetrate and make plays in the backfield...
So FYI: I disagree with you :) At just under 2 inches shorter, Troup is not as athletic, and from what I saw of him, he allows one guy to lock into him struggling to get off blocks. Technically I think Troup is better at this point in time, but technique is what coaching is for, and can be improved upon.
All this aside, I like Joseph for the Giants myself, and think he will fit right in. Question; Is Pat Williams any less capable in a 3-4 as he is in a 4-3?

Rosebud
05-13-2010, 11:41 PM
Jamal Williams is 6'3" and has played the nose is a 3-4 successfully, Vince Wilfork is 6'2" and seems to hold his own, and Jay Ratliff is 6'4" and made his second pro-bowl this year, and Ted Washington at 6'5" seemed to define the position, so I have a hard time buying the "Joseph's to tall" arguement... When I hear and read about nose tackles, a couple of traits usually pop up; strong, stout at the point of attack, quick reaction time, space eater, and ability to take on double teams. Ratliff doesnt have the bulk (303 ibs), but I think most would agree that he uses his strength and athleticism to be successful, according to our very own Scott Wright, Joseph has "Fantastic strength and power " and is "Very athletic", although at 6'4" he is "too tall" to play the nose in a 3-4. Wilfork's scouting reports constantly mention that he is quick and explosive, Mr. Wright as well as many others mention Joseph being "Explosive with a burst --- Quick", and as is the case with all good NT's Joseph is "Stout at the point of attack". I dont understand why his ability to penetrate and make plays in the backfield is a bad thing. Again our very own Mr. Wright says that Joseph is "rare blend of size, brute strength and athleticism --- A bit raw technically but still has a world of potential." Now does Joseph use proper leverage, and technique all the time, No, but how many coming out of college do? Jamal Williams needed work, and took two years to develop, Jay Ratliff did not light it up his first two years, so my point being that it takes a little time to develop. No one knocks Holati Ngata for his ability to be athletic and penetrate and make plays in the backfield...
So FYI: I disagree with you :) At just under 2 inches shorter, Troup is not as athletic, and from what I saw of him, he allows one guy to lock into him struggling to get off blocks. Technically I think Troup is better at this point in time, but technique is what coaching is for, and can be improved upon.
All this aside, I like Joseph for the Giants myself, and think he will fit right in. Question; Is Pat Williams any less capable in a 3-4 as he is in a 4-3?

Joseph would be a poor fit at NT in the 3-4 because he doesn't just hold his blocks and free up his linebackers. He just isn't a true anchor against the run, but penetrates and that'll just leave you too susceptible for the run. Troup on the other hand is much more of an anchor and actually compares to Pat Williams whom you mention, both would be great 3-4 NT's because they anchor at the line and hold up blockers something Troup does a great job, he just pushes guys back instead of getting around them like Joseph.

Ngata doesn't play NT, thus the Cody selection, and is moved around as an all around beast. Joseph isn't as beastly as Ngata by any stretch and Ratliff would be much better off at DE, at NT he's a beast, but he often leaves gaping rushing lanes in the middle because of his penetration which has screwed Dallas' run D on numerous occasions.

Poz51
05-14-2010, 11:29 AM
Joseph would be a poor fit at NT in the 3-4 because he doesn't just hold his blocks and free up his linebackers. He just isn't a true anchor against the run, but penetrates and that'll just leave you too susceptible for the run. Troup on the other hand is much more of an anchor and actually compares to Pat Williams whom you mention, both would be great 3-4 NT's because they anchor at the line and hold up blockers something Troup does a great job, he just pushes guys back instead of getting around them like Joseph.

Ngata doesn't play NT, thus the Cody selection, and is moved around as an all around beast. Joseph isn't as beastly as Ngata by any stretch and Ratliff would be much better off at DE, at NT he's a beast, but he often leaves gaping rushing lanes in the middle because of his penetration which has screwed Dallas' run D on numerous occasions.

I guess thats where I disagree, except for the Williams comparison, which I think is a good one. In the games I saw of ECU (about 4, parts of one or two others) Joseph and Wilson were by far and away the best players on that defense (I was never truely impressed by Ross), and in most cases easily the best two defensive players on the field IMO. Joseph I thought anchored very well when he used proper technique, which was not always the case, and often in the E.C.U. scheme was not even asked to do so, and I thought they relied on his penetration and playmaking a lot with the little talent behind him. **************.com, NFLdraftbible.com, Eastcoastsportsnews, among many others all have Joseph as a 3-4 nose tackle or mention him as having the ability to play that spot. As for Joseph not pushing guys back, again E.C.U. from what I saw did not ask him to do that, and I saw him hold his ground, and at times do so then toss people aside and make a play, or close out the play... I think he could easily play 3-4 end as well, but I have to disagree that he cant play the nose, and I take solice in knowing I am not alone, lol :) Williams actually began his career with the Bills playing the nose in there 3-4, and if my memory serves me (questionable...) he only played one season with Greg Williams in a 4-3 before going on and playing in Minny's 4-3.... In any case Troup does anchor well, and IMO there are plenty of myths regarding 3-4 nose tackles, and Dallas was in the top five in total run defense last year, and top ten in average rushing yards per play, and top five in rushing yards allowed per game, so Ratliff's "penetration" might have cost them from time to time, but for the most part it did not hurt them overall. As for Ngata he was moved all over the line due to his "beastlyness", his primary position is listed as nose tackle on the ravens web site, as well as numerous other places, but he is most useful playing else where on the Dline, Joseph could very well be the type if he went to a 3-4 defense. That being a capable nose tackle (which I believe he could be) who is better suited at the 5 or 3 tech. Is there a comparison to the two, Ngata is light years ahead of Joseph coming into the league, but Ngata came in from Oregon similarly to Joseph, neither from a 3-4 defense. As for the edition of Mt. Cody to Baltimore; clearly Ngata will no longer play the nose on first or second down, and maybe they keep putting him there from time to time on passing downs. But the move is bloody brilliant, and who will be able to run on them now??
I am not saying that I am so arrogant as to believe that I am right and you are wrong, I am just saying that in my opinion Joseph and Cody are better NT prospects than Troup, I have been wrong before...
p.s. Ngata (or Cutler) over Whitner, Oher or Orakpo over Maybin, and McKinnie over Williams, so every once in a while I am not too far off.

Rosebud
05-14-2010, 05:28 PM
The problem with using stats on dallas' run D is that a lot of times teams gave up on the run to try and pass their way back into games, which made that run D look a lot better than it was, in a lot critical spots that run D let that team down, and they don't even run the same scheme as you guys so Ratliff is further a bad point for you as the Bills will be running a 2-gap 3-4, right? Joseph wasn't asked to hold and anchor because he was more effective penetrating and he gets too tall when faced with regular double teams, now I love the guy for our scheme, but in a 3-4 he's a DE to me, a potentially beastly one but a DE none the less.

Plus I think you're under-rating Troup, Troup does a much better job of taking on blockers and just using his size and power to move them around and unlike Cody and Cam Thomas actually moves pretty well for a bowling like him getting up and down a line to stuff the run.

tenorx
05-15-2010, 09:03 AM
What do you guys think, can Antonio Coleman get in the final 53? I'm still shocked that he didn't get drafted.

redbills
05-15-2010, 09:11 AM
Coleman will make the final 53, and if Schobel does in fact retire there is no doube he will make it.

fischbowl
05-15-2010, 09:31 AM
I have to say besides Naaman, of course, Antonio Coleman may be the rookie I'm most excited about

billybeejr
05-16-2010, 02:30 PM
I have to say besides Naaman, of course, Antonio Coleman may be the rookie I'm most excited about

It's the same for me, what does that say about our draft class?

Poz51
05-17-2010, 08:51 AM
The problem with using stats on dallas' run D is that a lot of times teams gave up on the run to try and pass their way back into games, which made that run D look a lot better than it was, in a lot critical spots that run D let that team down, and they don't even run the same scheme as you guys so Ratliff is further a bad point for you as the Bills will be running a 2-gap 3-4, right? Joseph wasn't asked to hold and anchor because he was more effective penetrating and he gets too tall when faced with regular double teams, now I love the guy for our scheme, but in a 3-4 he's a DE to me, a potentially beastly one but a DE none the less.

Plus I think you're under-rating Troup, Troup does a much better job of taking on blockers and just using his size and power to move them around and unlike Cody and Cam Thomas actually moves pretty well for a bowling like him getting up and down a line to stuff the run.

I understand that Dallas was run on 2nd to least in the league, but as I mentioned they were still 9th in the league in average per run play, and they rarely gave up anything big. I would agree that the run D did let them down in a at times, but they still were among the league leaders in fewest run first downs allowed, and despite my limited viewing of Cowboys games this year, they made as many if not more plays in the run game than they allowed. I asked a good friend who's a Cowboys nut job, and he brought up the one gap arguement (a good point by you as well), but he also said that besides many teams passing alot on Dallas to get into games, or catch up on the score board, early efforts to run against them were pointless as most teams just could not, games that come to mind Atlanta, Turner may have hit 50 yards, but they stoned him (Snelling? was surprised Dallas in that game I thought, if I remember correctly), Carolina, Stewart was in the negative for the game? and they held Williams in check, the Chargers couldnt run the ball worth a crap from what I remember, and had to put the ball in the air to win the game, in fact the openning (?) game against Tampa was the only game I saw that anyone could run on Dallas effectively, and I thought that turned into a shoot out... Point being I dont think Dallas run D is all that bad, but they do play a one gap style from what I know, and yes Buffalo does look to be running a two gap 3-4, so Troup maybe a better fit. I still believe from having watched Joseph that he can do the same things and could have been a better player with some coaching, just because he wasnt asked to do it does not mean he can not do it. I just might be under-rating troup, but I think he struggles to disengage from one linemen, and is not going to be successful in the NFL at the two gap system, as where I believe Joseph would have been able to do it. But as I said I could be wrong. Its just my opinion of who I thought would have been better in time.

Poz51
05-17-2010, 08:59 AM
Coleman will make the final 53, and if Schobel does in fact retire there is no doube he will make it.

What do you guys think, can Antonio Coleman get in the final 53? I'm still shocked that he didn't get drafted.

I think Schobel is going to retire, and Coleman makes the team if they start cutting veteran players in favor of turning the roster over with their eye on the future. Coleman does not have the measurables, or ideal characteristics, but he certainly has the production of a gamer. I like his football IQ, and instinctual intelilgence, plus he is very aggressive in going after the QB, and he is not a one trick pony. I would like to see him make it, and I like him more than Batten at this point, but I am not as sure as red that he makes the final roster.

Rosebud
05-17-2010, 04:26 PM
I understand that Dallas was run on 2nd to least in the league, but as I mentioned they were still 9th in the league in average per run play, and they rarely gave up anything big. I would agree that the run D did let them down in a at times, but they still were among the league leaders in fewest run first downs allowed, and despite my limited viewing of Cowboys games this year, they made as many if not more plays in the run game than they allowed. I asked a good friend who's a Cowboys nut job, and he brought up the one gap arguement (a good point by you as well), but he also said that besides many teams passing alot on Dallas to get into games, or catch up on the score board, early efforts to run against them were pointless as most teams just could not, games that come to mind Atlanta, Turner may have hit 50 yards, but they stoned him (Snelling? was surprised Dallas in that game I thought, if I remember correctly), Carolina, Stewart was in the negative for the game? and they held Williams in check, the Chargers couldnt run the ball worth a crap from what I remember, and had to put the ball in the air to win the game, in fact the openning (?) game against Tampa was the only game I saw that anyone could run on Dallas effectively, and I thought that turned into a shoot out... Point being I dont think Dallas run D is all that bad, but they do play a one gap style from what I know, and yes Buffalo does look to be running a two gap 3-4, so Troup maybe a better fit. I still believe from having watched Joseph that he can do the same things and could have been a better player with some coaching, just because he wasnt asked to do it does not mean he can not do it. I just might be under-rating troup, but I think he struggles to disengage from one linemen, and is not going to be successful in the NFL at the two gap system, as where I believe Joseph would have been able to do it. But as I said I could be wrong. Its just my opinion of who I thought would have been better in time.

The Chargers were just god awful at running the ball last year and the Panthers were god awful at throwing the ball which let Dallas load up against the run. I wouldn't use either of those games to re-inforce the point that Dallas run D wasn't a problem.

As for their per carry averages the reason most teams boost their averages is because they eventually break some long runs, since Dallas didn't have teams run on them as much they didn't get burned with any big runs.

Poz51
05-18-2010, 01:19 PM
The Chargers were just god awful at running the ball last year and the Panthers were god awful at throwing the ball which let Dallas load up against the run. I wouldn't use either of those games to re-inforce the point that Dallas run D wasn't a problem.

As for their per carry averages the reason most teams boost their averages is because they eventually break some long runs, since Dallas didn't have teams run on them as much they didn't get burned with any big runs.

Besides the fact that I am debating the Dallas run D on a Bills board is tripping me out, I would agree that the Chargers rushing offense was terrible, so that is not the best example. The Panthers passing attack was not very good I would agree, but they were third in the league in rushing, and second in explosive plays (long runs) to Chris Johnson, so how does that not say something about the Dallas run D??? Wasn't everyone Carolina played stacking the box?? I would use that as a measuring stick, the Jets and Titans were in the bottom ten in the league in passing, teams stacked the box against them and could not stop their run games... The Packers couldnt run on Dallas, and they were not playing from behind, in fact they led the whole game. The Dallas D had more run plays against than the Vikings and yet they did not give up a 40+ yard run, the Vikings did, so you are telling me that the Vikings run D is what?? Carolina got the ball at the end of that game and had a chance to win, plenty of time to run the ball and take their time, they chose to pass and predictably Dallas picks it off and returns it for a TD. Maybe the Panthers thought the Dallas pass defense was the problem... I guess I will make one more point that the Cowboys run D was not a problem; January 17th vs. the Vikings the 6th leading rusher in the league had 26 carries for 63 and a 2.4 yards per carry average vs a Dallas D with a run problem... He was tied for second in the league in explosive plays (long runs), and the Dallas run D did not allow him to break a run over 11 yards. Every team gives up some plays running the ball, give me something tangible to prove your point, is Pittsburgh's run defense poor as well??

Rosebud
05-19-2010, 01:16 PM
Besides the fact that I am debating the Dallas run D on a Bills board is tripping me out, I would agree that the Chargers rushing offense was terrible, so that is not the best example. The Panthers passing attack was not very good I would agree, but they were third in the league in rushing, and second in explosive plays (long runs) to Chris Johnson, so how does that not say something about the Dallas run D??? Wasn't everyone Carolina played stacking the box?? I would use that as a measuring stick, the Jets and Titans were in the bottom ten in the league in passing, teams stacked the box against them and could not stop their run games... The Packers couldnt run on Dallas, and they were not playing from behind, in fact they led the whole game. The Dallas D had more run plays against than the Vikings and yet they did not give up a 40+ yard run, the Vikings did, so you are telling me that the Vikings run D is what?? Carolina got the ball at the end of that game and had a chance to win, plenty of time to run the ball and take their time, they chose to pass and predictably Dallas picks it off and returns it for a TD. Maybe the Panthers thought the Dallas pass defense was the problem... I guess I will make one more point that the Cowboys run D was not a problem; January 17th vs. the Vikings the 6th leading rusher in the league had 26 carries for 63 and a 2.4 yards per carry average vs a Dallas D with a run problem... He was tied for second in the league in explosive plays (long runs), and the Dallas run D did not allow him to break a run over 11 yards. Every team gives up some plays running the ball, give me something tangible to prove your point, is Pittsburgh's run defense poor as well??

Yeah I feel weird as a giants fan arguing about the cowboys on the Buffalo board. Either way lets look at the big rushing games Carolina had:
Atlanta twice, Atlanta's DL was small and their LBs missed a bunch of tackles. It's impressive that they racked up those totals but they weren't tearing apart a great D here.

They ran all over Tampa racking up huge totals. Sure it was impressive, but the Bucs run D was also awful.

They ran all over the saints, the first time grabbing an early lead on a weak run D against a team that was passing it's way back into the game letting the Panthers do very well with the TOP struggle. The second time the Saints had nothing to play for and a lot of their key players were not playing.

They ran all over my giants who completely folded at the end of the year. Our run D was pathetic all year and the team just quit on Bill Sheridan. They put up crazy numbers but we were going to get smoked by any team that wanted to run on us that week.

Here come the impressive rushing performances:
Against the Dolphins, sure the phins lack a NT for their 3-4, but this was still a really impressive performance.

Against the Cards was probably their most impressive performance all year. They tore apart a very good run D, although they did get a lot of help from Arizona turnovers that gave them a short field helped them build a big lead that let them just run down the clock. Still very impressive.

My point here is that the Panthers running game was one of the best in the league statistically, but a lot of those numbers came from their dedication to running the ball even against crap defenses because of how atrocious their passing game was. So the stats on the Panthers running game are misleading.

Back to the Cowboys though. The panthers run D was torn apart as the Cowboys ran the **** out of the ball, dominating the time of possession by 15 minutes. Which meant that the Panthers didn't get many chances to get a rhythm going with the running game.

My original point was that Dallas run D let them down quite a bit, they've struggled quite often getting off of the field on running downs and that run D has made their redzone D susceptible as well. That's just an observation I've made from watching one of our division rivals regularly and I'm sure if you got to the Dallas board with this you'll find a number of Cowboys fans who'll agree that having Ratliff in the middle with a one gap scheme that has to slant into gaps to sure up their run D has backfired at a number of key stops.

Anyways to bring this back to the Bills and the point that spawned this whole conversation we have to wait and see. I think Troup is going to do very well for you guys and he was neck and neck with Joseph in a 4-3 in my eyes.

Poz51
05-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Yeah I feel weird as a giants fan arguing about the cowboys on the Buffalo board. Either way lets look at the big rushing games Carolina had:
Atlanta twice, Atlanta's DL was small and their LBs missed a bunch of tackles. It's impressive that they racked up those totals but they weren't tearing apart a great D here.
Agreed
They ran all over Tampa racking up huge totals. Sure it was impressive, but the Bucs run D was also awful.
Agreed
They ran all over the saints, the first time grabbing an early lead on a weak run D
Agreed
They ran all over my giants who completely folded at the end of the year. Our run D was pathetic all year and the team just quit on Bill Sheridan.
Yeah I saw that, agreed...

Here come the impressive rushing performances:
Against the Dolphins, sure the phins lack a NT for their 3-4, but this was still a really impressive performance.

Against the Cards was probably their most impressive performance all year. They tore apart a very good run D, although they did get a lot of help from Arizona turnovers that gave them a short field helped them build a big lead that let them just run down the clock. Still very impressive.

My point here is that the Panthers running game was one of the best in the league statistically, but a lot of those numbers came from their dedication to running the ball even against crap defenses because of how atrocious their passing game was. So the stats on the Panthers running game are misleading.

Back to the Cowboys though. The panthers run D was torn apart as the Cowboys ran the **** out of the ball, dominating the time of possession by 15 minutes. Which meant that the Panthers didn't get many chances to get a rhythm going with the running game.

My original point was that Dallas run D let them down quite a bit, they've struggled quite often getting off of the field on running downs and that run D has made their redzone D susceptible as well. That's just an observation I've made from watching one of our division rivals regularly and I'm sure if you got to the Dallas board with this you'll find a number of Cowboys fans who'll agree that having Ratliff in the middle with a one gap scheme that has to slant into gaps to sure up their run D has backfired at a number of key stops.

Anyways to bring this back to the Bills and the point that spawned this whole conversation we have to wait and see. I think Troup is going to do very well for you guys and he was neck and neck with Joseph in a 4-3 in my eyes.

I agree with you completely about the NFC South being a weak run defense and that helping pad their stats, and I saw that Giants game, and could not believe the lack of heart they showed on defense... In one of the ugliest Bills wins I have seen, we picked off Delhomme 3 times in a 20-9 win, and the Panthers still had over 100 yards on 25? carries, which probably would have been better if they had followed through running the ball... How good a run game do they have with out the injuries on the offensive line?? Maybe part of my point of view comes from having watched 16 Bills games last year in which I saw one of the worst run defenses this set of eye balls has ever seen... Everyone looks better... I think this will be a better year in that aspect, and with the secondary we have, it should be a much better year defensively. I hope Troup is the the guy you and redbills see more than the guy I saw, and not having seen everything on him it could very well be that way. Although I am not a big fan of J.P.P., I like Joseph and hope he and Troup have an impact on our respective lines, we certainly both need them too. As usual its a pleasure discussing all things football with you :cool:

Rob S
05-23-2010, 12:05 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post?id=13822

<3

redbills
05-29-2010, 07:21 PM
no wonder we had 80 guys on IR every year
http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/05/27/1064114/whitner-likes-extra-work-under.html

Rob S
06-03-2010, 10:10 PM
no wonder we had 80 guys on IR every year
http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/05/27/1064114/whitner-likes-extra-work-under.html

How did we not squat? Are you effing kidding me?

Da-Phins
06-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Saw that you guys signed one of our players LB Reggie Torbor. He will be a good pick up based on him having experience playing in a 3-4. He will come in handy as a teacher to your other LB's. He wont offer you anything on defense. When he was put in he was a guy that was just there. Didnt stick out good or bad really. He's a nice special teams player and a really good guy to have in your lockerroom. He's a blue chip kind of guy who works hard.

redbills
06-06-2010, 06:41 PM
I like Torbor as our #4 ILB and ST player.

stephenson86
06-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Overview

The Buffalo Bills are entering a new decade, a decade in which unlike the last they hope to make an appearance in the post season. With changed at Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator, Defensive Coordinator and Special Teams Coordinator the Bills will hope this overhaul spells a clean slate and a fresh start. However although the coaching staff has been overhauled and remodelled the same cannot be said for the roster. The Bills entered the off season with plenty of holes on their roster, which would need filling for them to be competitive in the 2010 season. Mainly their holes could be found at Quarterback, Left Tackle, Wide Receiver, Outside Linebacker and Nose Tackle, however no real solution at any of these positions has been found. During the last season the Bills started three different Quarterbacks (Brohm, Edwards and Fitzpatrick) all of whom had very little success at the helm of the offense. After letting Jason Peters go to the Eagles in a trade before the start of last season they never did anything to fill the void left by the Pro Bowler and still no solution has been found. Terrell Owens has not been retained leaving the underachieving Lee Evans and so far non-factor James Hardy to catch passes off a yet undecided Quarterback. The defense is making a transition to the 3-4 which it has some pieces for, but unlike the Packers last year the Bills will act much like the 49ers and take time to transition, not gaining immediate success. Marcus Stroud is moving to from Defensive Tackle to Defensive End, last yearís first rounder Aaron Maybin and veteran Aaron Schobel are moving from Defensive End to Outside Linebacker and Strong Side Linebacker Kawika Mitchell is moving to Inside Linebacker to team with Paul Posluszney. The pass defense is the Bills strong point (second best in 2009), third year corner Leodis McKelvin, Rookie Superstar Jairus Byrd, veteran corner Terrence McGee and emerging safety George Wilson helped keep opponents to a mere 184 YPG last year and will hope to improve on that in their 2010 campaign. However their efforts will go to waste if the Bills rush defense (second worst in 2009) canít improve.

Draft

In the draft the Bills took CJ Spiller, a dynamic Running Back who is a threat to take it to the house on any given play, Terrell Troup who they hope will man the Nose in their 3-4 front, Alex Carrington who should team with Marcus Stroud at Defensive End, Ed Wang who looks to be their future for Left Tackle and several other players who will provide the Bills with some respectable depth. These picks would all well and good for a team that has time to bring these guys along slowly but some of these guys are going to be thrust into action from Day 1 and it is unlikely they are going to get the job done their rookie season and could take them a few seasons to really grow into their roles. It is unlikely that they will see production from any rookie apart from Spiller, but his success may only come as a returner unless the Bills Offensive Line can open up the holes that Spiller needs to break it to the house because if we are honest he is not going to plough his way through a Defense. Wang is a few years away from being a legitimate starter at Left Tackle but may be forced in their sooner rather than later and Troup and Carrington are in positions that have a very steep learning curve for rookies, Defensive Line. As for their other rookies Marcus Easley (Wide Receiver) will be lucky to see slot time and is most likely to be fourth on the depth chart, Arthur Moats and Danny Batten (Outside Linebackers) are purely depth picks however they could see action if Maybin or Schobel canít handle the switch and as for Levi Brown (Quarterback) and Kyle Calloway (Offensive Tackle) they are unlikely to see the field this year and I wouldnít be surprised to see them buried in the depth chart.

Outlook

The Bills seem to have taken for granted just how bad they were last year and have done a lot less than they should have (and could have) done to improve their team from last year. With their first overall choice they could have quite easily have taken a Left Tackle such as Brian Bulaga or Anthony Davis, but instead went with a scat back who will share time with Fred Davis and Marshawn Lynch, then with their second pick with Quarterback Jimmy Clausen still on the board picked up NT Terrell Troup who in all fairness is not going to make a very big impact their year if ever. They round after round overlooked their biggest positions of need and ended up exiting the bulk of free agency and the draft with the same needs they started with purely because they felt they had the talent on their roster to do so, which I am very sorry to say Buffalo but you donít. It does not look like it is going to be a very rosy season for the Bills; they do not have a legitimate passing attack, so teams will be able to focus on shutting down the run game, which may struggle to get going with such a patch work Offensive Line. So where their yards and points are going to come from is anybodyís guess as they are currently entering their training camp with no starting Quarterback, Left Tackle or Running Back. As for the Defense they are making a switch to a defense, which they do not really have the players for and will take some time to transition. It is very rare for a team to move to the 3-4 and instantly be successful, the Packers are the exception not the rule and if we look at them in depth we can see the Packers did have a roster capable of change. The Bills however do not, Marcus Stroud has shed weight in an effort to get fit and healthy but with very little else on the line to worry Offenses he will see most of the double teams. Coming off the edge Maybin and Schobel have to step up and make their mark otherwise it is going to be very tough for the Bills talented Secondary to keep teams out of the end zone. Posluszney and Mitchell will make a solid duo in the middle but if the line doesnít step up they may struggle to make a great impact against the run as they will see Guards one on one all day. With all these question marks it is hard to imagine the Bills doing any better than last year and will likely do worse, everyone in their division has gotten stronger while they have seemingly gotten weaker and they do not exactly have a cupcake schedule facing 6 playoff teams and several teams that have gotten a lot stronger this off season. A lot of predictions around the internet see them picking first overall, which would be icing on the cake for a franchise that has struggled so much for so long. It isnít all doom and gloom however because the Bills do have talent they are not a roster full of terrible players they have some very talented players (Posluszney, Byrd, Spiller, McKelvin) and a good amount of youth in the interior of their Offensive Line. So even though they may not compete this year (or next year) the Bills have a strong core of young talented players and a coaching staff that want to win and turn the franchise into perennial winners and playoff contenders. It is going to be a tough couple of seasons coming up but if all goes the way it looks to be going it shouldnít be too much longer before the Bills return to winning ways.

Key Player on Offense

I canít actually say who this is because it is the Quarterback; whoever ends up with the job is going to be pivotal to the Bills success. They will be running by committee, their receiving targets are for the most part unproven and the Offensive line is subpar, so whoever ends up at the helm is going to have to have a strong head in his shoulders and be able to handle the pressure that he is no doubted going to end up under. If the Quarterback play is poor then the Bills will stand little chance of effectively moving the ball down field, which will put pressure on the defense to step up.

Key Player on Defense

On the defense it has to be second year man Aaron Maybin who is moving from Defensive End to Outside Linebacker. Maybin who is undersized for a defensive end in the 4-3 struggled during his rookie season but clearly displayed that he is a supremely gifted athlete who can get after the Quarterback. He is going to be relied upon to create the bulk of the pressure on defense. If Maybin fails to do his job the opposing Quarterback will have plenty of time in the pocket to pick apart a strong Bills secondary, as strong as they are, if a Quarterback has all day, he will find someone.

Breakout Candidate

Third year Cornerback Leodis McKelvin is returning from a season ending injury that ended his campaign in week 3 and he will be hungry to come back with a bang. He has 2 years of NFL experience under his belt and if we combine this with his fantastic athleticism it looks to be that this could be the year he has his coming out party, teams will test him early trying to avoid McGee and Byrd but they will regret this. McKelvin is a hardnosed corner and plays with a purpose, he will not be beat easily and there is a good chance he will have a big year firmly stamping his name on other teamís radars.

Prediction

Looking at the Bills schedule and looking at their team I predict that the Bills will end the season at 3-13, beating only the Lions, Browns and Chiefs, however given some of their off seasons it wouldnít surprise me to see the Bills win less than three. It will not surprise me to see the Bills picking in the top 5 of the draft if not first overall, but they are on their way up and even if they have to hit rock bottom before they get there the future is not all doom and gloom. It is going to be hard but the Bills will be back, and no doubt their fans hope that sooner rather than later they can win the big one.

redbills
06-07-2010, 06:14 PM
fail
no new threads

stephenson86
06-07-2010, 06:19 PM
thanks for the feedback lol

Poz51
06-08-2010, 07:23 AM
Key Player on Defense

Maybin who is undersized for a defensive end in the 4-3 struggled during his rookie season but clearly displayed that he is a supremely gifted athlete who can get after the Quarterback.

Wow... I... Wow... Was it the slowest spin move in history? or the fact that he looked clearly un-athletic from day one, had the slowest first step on the line, could not get around the edge period, and could not get after the quarterback at all? You could count the number of QB pressures on one hand, and in reality you might not even have needed that hand... Maybin has the physical abilities, and potential, but his rookie year was an epic fail and other than showing he was the best cheerleader on the field, showed no athleticism at all. Negative rep was considered, but the rest of the post was not half bad, and the point about the interior of the line was close, as they are young, but Wood and Levitre both had very good rookie seasons, and the problem has been at tackle. I agreed with most of your draft analysis, particularly passing on Davis and Clausen (twice), and the prediction is also where I believe they will be... Unfortunatly... Fortunatly we appear to be in the Locker sweepstakes IMO... However this Maybin talk is rubbish, garabge and trash talk that I can not stand for!! Overall I give it a 7.5 out of 10 :)

stephenson86
06-08-2010, 08:08 AM
I appreciate the feedback, I'm writing it for a small internet publication and wanted to make sure I wasn't saying anything that was totally wrong...and I missed big time on the maybin athleticism, will get that changed, still think he is key to your D though.

Poz51
06-08-2010, 10:53 AM
I appreciate the feedback, I'm writing it for a small internet publication and wanted to make sure I wasn't saying anything that was totally wrong...and I missed big time on the maybin athleticism, will get that changed, still think he is key to your D though.

He is athletic, but it did not translate onto the field this past season, in fact most of the time he looked slow, and I still dont know where that lightning quick first step from Penn State went. I think he is a big key to the defense in terms of the pass rush, but IMO the key to the defense will be how Kyle Williams and Torrell Troup (spell check, not Terrell (Pryor).) transition and handle the nose. If they can not prove themselves in the center of the defense, it will have the same affect as the porous interior run defense of the 4-3 last year, as you say the rush defense last year was truely that bad. The secondary is one of the best in the league, especially when healthy, which they were not last year.
Some notes on what you have written; Arthur Moats is mostly playing ILB, and looks like the only OLB he'll be playing is on 3rd downs possibly, the Bills apparently like his athleticism and pass rush from the inside spot. It should be mentioned that Aaron Schobel is seriously contemplating retirement and has not taken part in any of the OTA's, and many fans feel he will retire, I do... James Hardy is trying to come back from a ACL injury. They signed Dwan Edwards from Baltimore to help in run support, and he will likely start opposite Stroud, with Johnson and Carrington rotating in. Kyle Calloway is seeing time at guard mostly, but recently started playing a little right tackle for the team. FYI; Fred Davis = TE, Washington, Fred Jackson = RB, Buffalo. Lynch is acting like a child, and the rumor with the most teeth is that as soon as Seattle or whomever offer the Bills a fourth round pick is gone. You say the Bills have no starting running back... Many would argue they have three, Spiller as a top ten pick qualifies, Jackson average 4.5 yards per carry, had over 1000 yards rushing, caught 46 passes, even threw a touch down pass, and should qualify (was the offensive MVP by far IMO), and lastly there is Marshawn Lynch, who has had a pro-bowl season, two 1000 yard seasons, and catch the ball out of the backfield as well qualify.
My thoughts on the key issues offensively; QB and LT. Edwards at QB showed promise early, but has not been the same since Adrian Wilson destroyed him in 08. Fitzpatrick is a excellent backup, but thats about it, and Brohm has never had a been fully invested in, IMO. So no starting QB indeed. Passing on Clausen especially in the second was curious to say the least. Passed on Oher last year, Davis, Bulaga this year, and Demetrius Bell is the starter, Jamon Meredith who showed some promise last year is currently back up at LT, and Wang is bringing up the rear, none of whom was drafted prior to the fifth round... That is not a good coarse of action for offensive line success. Jason Peters was like catching lightning in a bottle, and we all know how often that happens... As for Maybin, maybe it was the weight that he added slowing him down, but he really proved nothing last year. I like the Packers comparison, but dont think they are as far off as most believe. Had the Bills taken Mt. Cody I think they would be closer, but there are those out there that believe Troup is just as capable, time will tell... The DE's are not all that bad, in fact with the signing of Edwards and drafting of Carrington, should be a strength. Posluszny, Andra Davis, Ellison, Mitchell, Moats and Torber should be able to man the middle at ILB (some combination there of), and the real question is can Williams and Troup man the middle? Addtitionally, how does the pass rush look with Maybin and some combination of Chris Kelsay, Chris Ellis, and Danny Batten being the canidates if Schobel retires? Every single one is a conversion DE, with limited at best coverage experience?
I hope this helped :-D

stephenson86
06-08-2010, 11:19 AM
yeh man majorly, seeing as i wrote it based on not a lot but rumblings on here and my own knowledge of the Bills, helps as there are deff a few areas I need to tweak for their factual merit. really appreciate the help.

Poz51
06-09-2010, 07:07 AM
yeh man majorly, seeing as i wrote it based on not a lot but rumblings on here and my own knowledge of the Bills, helps as there are deff a few areas I need to tweak for their factual merit. really appreciate the help.

No problem, I neglected to mention Antonio Coleman as an undrafted free agent at OLB, 2 time all SEC, and 1 time SEC defender of the year. He has a real shot at making the roster, at least the practice team, and is an interesting prospect for the Bills.

stephenson86
06-09-2010, 09:08 AM
I might add in a little section about him, called future watch or something.

Poz51
06-15-2010, 09:22 AM
I was just wondering who would be your starters on offense and defense, who would make your 53 man roster, and who would be your 8 practice squad players? Heres mine, starters 1st, 2nd team next and so on... Plus my favorite group the "Piss-off" list.

Offense
QB - Brian Brohm, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Trent Edwards (P.S. Levi Brown)
RB - Fred Jackson, C.J. Spiller, Joique Bell
FB - Corey McIntyre
TE - Shawn Nelson, Derek Schouman, Michael Matthews
WR - Lee Evans, Marcus Easley (P.S. David Nelson)
WR - James Hardy, Steve Johnson (P.S. Naaman Roosevelt)
Slot WR - Roscoe Parrish
LT - Jamon Meredith, Demetrius Bell, Ed Wang
LG - Andy Levitre, Cordaro Howard
C - Geoff Hangartner, Christian Gaddis
RG - Eric Wood (Properly Healed), Kyle Calloway
RT - Andre Ramsey, Cornell Green (P.S. Jason Watkins)

"Piss-off" Kirk Chambers (Finally...), Marshawn Lynch (4th rounder and he's anyones).
Anyone else who did not make the cut, we wish you only the best.

Defense
NT - Tourell Troup, Kyle Williams (P.S. Lonnie Harvey)
DE (3-Tech.) Dwan Edwards, Spencer Johnson
DE (5 - Tech.) Alex Carrington, Marcus Stroud
ILB - Paul Posluszny, Kawika Mitchell
ILB - Arthur Moats, Andra Davis
OLB - Aaron Maybin, Danny Batten, Keith Ellison (P.S. Antonio Coleman)
OLB - Chris Kelsay, Reggie Torbor
CB - Leodis McKelvin, Drayton Florence
CB - Terrence McGee, Reggie Corner, Ashton Youboty (P.S. Ellis Lankster)
FS - Jarius Byrd, Donte Whitner (P.S. Brett Johnson)
SS - George Wilson, Bryan Scott

"Piss-off" John McCargo (Proved he was a wasted pick, despite an occasional glimpse..)
Everyone else, we wish you the best.

Specialist
K - Rian Lindell
P - Brian Moorman
L.S. - Garrison Sanborn

SuperMcGee
06-15-2010, 02:25 PM
What's with all of those rookies starting? I don't see it. Any of them, really. Troup might be sooner than later, but that's it.

I really don't want to think about Andre Ramsey starting.

And if anybody screams "piss off" to me, it's Ashton Youboty.

Roscoe is such a disappointing WR. I know the new offense thinks they can use him as big weapon and he'll probably be the slot WR, but I'm not excited at the thought of it.

Ellison has little place on this team, now, imo. Chris Ellis, maybe.

Felton Huggins for #2 WR.

redbills
06-15-2010, 04:58 PM
Offense
QB - Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Brian Brohm
RB - Fred Jackson, C.J. Spiller, Beast Mode
FB - Corey McIntyre
TE - Derek Schouman, Shawn Nelson, Jonathan Stupar
WR - Lee Evans, Marcus Easley, Chad Jackson
WR - James Hardy, Steve Johnson
Slot WR - Roscoe Parrish
LT - Jamon Meredith, Demetrius Bell, Ed Wang
LG - Andy Levitre, Kirk Chambers
C - Geoff Hangartner, E.Wood
RG - Eric Wood, Kirk Chambers, Kyle Calloway
RT - Cornell Green, Kirk Chambers, Kyle Calloway
Defense
NT - Kyle Williams, Tourell Troup
DE Dwan Edwards, Spencer Johnson
DE Marcus Stroud, Alex Carrington
ILB - Paul Posluszny, Kawika Mitchell
ILB - Andra Davis, Reggie Torbor, Arthur Moats
OLB - Aaron Maybin, Danny Batten, Arthur Moats
OLB - Chris Kelsay, Reggie Torbor
CB - Leodis McKelvin, Drayton Florence, Ellis Lankster
CB - Terrence McGee, Reggie Corner, Cary Harris
FS - Jarius Byrd, Donte Whitner
SS - George Wilson, Donte Whitner, Bryan Scott

Poz51
06-18-2010, 08:42 AM
What's with all of those rookies starting? I don't see it. Any of them, really. Troup might be sooner than later, but that's it.

I really don't want to think about Andre Ramsey starting.

And if anybody screams "piss off" to me, it's Ashton Youboty.

Roscoe is such a disappointing WR. I know the new offense thinks they can use him as big weapon and he'll probably be the slot WR, but I'm not excited at the thought of it.

Ellison has little place on this team, now, imo. Chris Ellis, maybe.

Felton Huggins for #2 WR.

I think this team is in total rebuilding mode, I cant see them winning more than 6 games at best (IMO 3 is stretching it), and where does that get them? Starting veterans to win a max of six games nets us... The ninth pick in the draft, again... Plus young guys who can contribute down the road when the franchise is viable lose valuable experience... Why not get them the experience now, and see what you got?
Brohm is essentially a rookie, who has not been invested in since he entered the league, and IMO has the most potential of any of the QB's on the roster at this point, why not see what the kid can do? He is the only long term solution (potentially) on the roster IMO, and if he does not work out, and the team is 3-13 (or worse) they land a top shelf QB to move forward with.
Spiller and Bell see playing time, Spiller obviously drafted #9 has to see the field, and Bell is a good blocker, and has good vision, so as a third back is not a bad option, Lynch should be gone, although I see him hear next year... Meredith and Ramsey are in their in their second years, although Ramsey IMO is still essentially a rookie. Offensively though its mostly second year players, and a couple "rookie" types...
Defensively I just dont see Williams as a run stuffing 3-4 NT, I dont see it... On third down however I think he could be a effective pass-rusher from the postion. Troup is the future, and there is not time like the present to see what you have, he was a second round pick and should be starting caliber. Carrington is more of a 5-tech than Stroud, who was not impressive last year controlling one gap, despite losing some weight and "working hard" this off-season is going to be 32 this year, and despite my belief that he can be effective is not part of the future here... Lets see what we have, start getting experience and use the third pick in the draft. Moats gets the nod for me over Davis and Mitchell will be 32 and 31 respectively this year, Davis is good on run downs, but Moats is far more athletic, better in coverage, and I believe will be an effective blitzer from the ILB postion than either backer. Mitchell is coming off an injury, and he has the size and solid attributes to fit the scheme, but I dont see him being part of the future either at this point. The secondary is set, so all in all there are only three true rookies starting, all defensively, and considering the scheme change and picks used to address the front seven, why not play them and let them develop, and see what they have? Ill give you Ramsey and Brohm are essentially rookies so that makes five... Essentially I am looking toward the future, despite my desire to win now, the realist in me says new GM, new coach, new offensive coordinator and offensive scheme, new defensive coordinator and defensive scheme, all means rebuild to me, and now is the time to start rebuilding toward the future, and playing veterans going 6-10, 7-9 or what ever does not help rebuild the team, and for a decade has not helped make the play-offs.
As for Ramsey, I dont think he played any worse than any other tackle on the team last year, I like his size, the run blocking ability, and I thought he did very well pass blocking against ATL. He was a key to an excellent offense at Ball St. and I think will be a very good RT in the NFL. Green is going to be 34 before the season starts, and is a capable blocker, but is a penalty machine, and I cant help but wonder... Is he part of the future?? Chambers is garabge, and I would prefer Calloway get time in at guard and tackle...
I almost put Youboty in the "Piss-off" category and will not put up a fight against anyone who does, but when healthy he is effective, and would be an excellent 5th corner for depth, even when healthy could be the best nickel corner on the team. Plus Lankster can be on the practice squad another year and is not lost...
Parrish I am willing to give one more oppurtunity to, plus I still think he is one of the best punt returners in the league, however he officially goes on my "Piss-off" list if he disappoints this year.
I thought hard about Ellis, and if they had not signed Torbor would have been on the "my" roster. I thought the same thing about Ellison myself, but his production at any position he has been asked to play since goining the team. I think he could be an effective OLB in the 3-4 for the time being, and offers versatility having experience throughout the linebacking core.
I like Hugging myself, and would love to have him around, especially on special teams, but there just was not room, and if they could (I dont think they can) keep him on the practice squad I would have, it came down to him and Steve Johnson as my fifth WR.
IMO this is the year to cut bait, trim the fat and rebuild completely.

SuperMcGee
06-18-2010, 09:13 AM
We just have very different ideas on developing rookies, respect to your veteran players, and playing to win the game.

I still don't think you can justify Moats and Carrington. Both need time, and both are playing at positions of relative strength on this team.

redbills
06-18-2010, 06:24 PM
to much to read, but you don't just say "awh **** this year lets start all rookies", 1-You'll get killed every game and if so you'll be gone next year, 2-the vets would be pissed as hell they aren't playing just because they are older.

SuperMcGee
06-20-2010, 06:15 PM
Just looking at the main page of the Bills website today made me think, despite the lack of success, how much I love this team and the players on it. How much I'd like to even further get away from the McGahees and Lynches of the world, how much I respect the guys like Fred Jackson and Kyle Williams. How Brian Moorman and Rian Lindell are best friends and great people. How silent studs Lee Evans and Aaron Schobel just go about their business. Character still counts for something, and I very much appreciate it.

SuperMcGee
07-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Officially starting to crave football.

Bills2083, where are you!?

fischbowl
07-12-2010, 10:38 PM
Only becoming the newest graduate of the honorable Kenmore West! But really, that was like two weeks ago

General Zod
07-22-2010, 11:08 PM
Ok fellas help me out...

I got to draft a reserve QB in my fantasy football league and the only ones available that might be starters are the Bills QBs.

So who do you think on your roster has the best chance of being the starter when the regular season opens up?

SuperMcGee
07-23-2010, 12:51 AM
Still pretty hard to tell. Easiest thing to assume is that it won't be Fitzpatrick. If I had to pick who I think will be the starter, I'd say Edwards.

redbills
07-23-2010, 09:42 PM
Still pretty hard to tell. Easiest thing to assume is that it won't be Fitzpatrick. If I had to pick who I think will be the starter, I'd say Edwards.

same .

fischbowl
07-23-2010, 10:53 PM
OMG GUYS! I almost bought an Ed Wang jersey of one of those Chinese jersey websites for like $20

fischbowl
07-27-2010, 08:53 PM
Former Houston G Chester Pitts reportedly visits One Bills Drive today. A passable starter, I guess, but to me he'll always be the oboe player from the Super Bowl Commercial

rPSqV6RnbrA

Bills2083
07-27-2010, 10:57 PM
Hello everybody!

fischbowl
07-27-2010, 10:59 PM
Hello everybody!

How's it feel, big guy?

Bills2083
07-27-2010, 11:00 PM
good, I took an extended leave of absence of SWDC which turned into temporarily forgetting about it here

fischbowl
07-27-2010, 11:08 PM
good, I took an extended leave of absence of SWDC which turned into temporarily forgetting about it here

How could you? Caught up in some senior moments?

Bills2083
07-27-2010, 11:12 PM
How could you? Caught up in some senior moments?

I've just been busy.
first it was exams, then the graduation process, my 18th birthday, graduation parties, then a week spent in NY.

all done with now, so more time for SWDC :)

SuperMcGee
07-28-2010, 12:18 AM
Bills! Good to see you, man. Got any plans for college?

terribletowel39
07-30-2010, 01:39 PM
I work for an electric company that services the Indiana area and I connected James Hardy's lights for his mom yesterday. It was pretty cool.

Rob S
08-01-2010, 10:52 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I just can't get up for this season. I am def. ready for some Buffalo Bills football, but it's just not the same this year. I feel like there is nothing to be excited about, even the switch to the 3-4.....I don't know why.

billybeejr
08-02-2010, 03:30 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I just can't get up for this season. I am def. ready for some Buffalo Bills football, but it's just not the same this year. I feel like there is nothing to be excited about, even the switch to the 3-4.....I don't know why.

Everyone seems to be like that now, no one in buffalo is even talking about them really.

I think we should start Brohm, after his junior year he was really hyped, maybe some of that potential is still there.

Trent has never been the same after that concussion he had, and it doesn't seem like he will ever be a quality starter =(.

redbills
08-02-2010, 04:18 PM
Brohm sucks .

Rob S
08-03-2010, 09:28 AM
I heard training camp is dead too. That sucks.

Trent should start tho. Easily the best guy we have and I think he could be alright under Gailey.

SuperMcGee
08-03-2010, 02:34 PM
Between the Bills not wanting Schobel and the Sabres waiving Kennedy, Buffalo is really pissing me off right now.

Poz51
08-04-2010, 07:31 AM
Between the Bills not wanting Schobel and the Sabres waiving Kennedy, Buffalo is really pissing me off right now.

Lol, I was thinking on the trip back home reading those headlines how mad people in Buffalo must be... Although I do like the signing of Morrison alot, the Kennedy move is borderline baffling... Glad to see this board is still alive.

redbills
08-04-2010, 02:59 PM
this move really ticks me off.
not drafting a LT, okay you didn't like any I'll give you a pass.
not drafting a QB, okay you didn't like any I'll give you a pass.
letting your best front 7 player go, you get no pass on this.

Rob S
08-05-2010, 12:34 AM
I would have had no problem trading him because he wanted out and has done right by us for so long. He deserves to play for a winner. Just cutting him loose is dumb tho, especially when the Pats/Dolphins/Jets may snap him up.

GB12
08-05-2010, 12:36 AM
Well wasn't the 3-4 a big part of the problem? All other teams in the division run a 3-4, so there's no reason to go there

Rob S
08-05-2010, 12:54 AM
Well wasn't the 3-4 a big part of the problem? All other teams in the division run a 3-4, so there's no reason to go there

Rumors right now are that he is going to one of them. He just wanted to win to be honest, I think that was the problem. The GM justified cutting him by saying that he missed too much time in TC and OTA considering he was learning a new position.

Poz51
08-05-2010, 08:24 AM
I would have had no problem trading him because he wanted out and has done right by us for so long. He deserves to play for a winner. Just cutting him loose is dumb tho, especially when the Pats/Dolphins/Jets may snap him up.

Agreed... I see ending up in New England myself, especially with/if Burgess retires if I had to guess with in the division. Although I am shocked that word out of Houston is that they are not interested. Schobel opposite Williams would be amazing, and give them a better chance to win with in that division.

Poz51
08-05-2010, 08:52 AM
We just have very different ideas on developing rookies, respect to your veteran players, and playing to win the game.

I still don't think you can justify Moats and Carrington. Both need time, and both are playing at positions of relative strength on this team.

to much to read, but you don't just say "awh **** this year lets start all rookies", 1-You'll get killed every game and if so you'll be gone next year, 2-the vets would be pissed as hell they aren't playing just because they are older.

Sorry about the delay in replying I have been gone most of the summer.
I see and understand your points, but dont think this team is all that different no matter who starts now, and dont see the win total being more than one, possibly two more at best either way. Which veteran players do you feel I am disrespecting? Again, for me its about moving forward, I understand player development, and throwing rookies in can be a bad move, but it also advances their learning curve. How many "vets" have shown enough to care if they will be pissed, many of them put it in cruse control and have coasted in recent years. Where have those vets gotten this team? As for getting killed, I have seen the schedule for this year and it is not pretty... Everyone in the division got much better this off season, and I cant see more than one win in the division at best regardless of who starts, we play GB, Balt, Cinci, Minn, all on the road, in addition to K.C. and Chic, one win at best? So far I am at two wins, best case scenerio, realistically one or NONE. At home we got Jax, Det, Pitt and Clev... Minus TO's one good game last year, that game isnt even close, but there is a chance, Detroit has improved, but there is a chance, Pitt will show us how the 3-4 is truely run, and im gonna go out on a limb and put that as a loss, and Cleveland just seems to have our number, but there is a chance... Best case 3-1, worst case 0-4, IMO they come out 1-3. My best case scenerio for this team is 6-10. Worst case 0-16 and that is no matter who starts... Where does that get the franchise?

Rob S
08-05-2010, 10:56 AM
Yeah, looks like the Pats are the front runners which is going to crush me.

Rob S
08-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Spiller signed. 25 million over 5 years with 20 guaranteed.

SuperKevin
08-09-2010, 06:23 PM
Hello everyone. Anyone travelling to DC for the game?

fischbowl
08-09-2010, 11:05 PM
Hello everyone. Anyone travelling to DC for the game?

I may take a bus down but I have to be at work Saturday early :(

So it looks like Faddy's with the rest of the NYC Backers

How've you ******* been, btw, old friend?

Rashaan Salaam
08-10-2010, 09:08 AM
Bills Season Preview Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy_Z2O16xGY)

Enjoy the Video!

Emory

Rob S
08-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Normally no new threads around here. I will leave it for a bit tho. Seems you worked hard on it and deserve some feedback.

fischbowl
08-13-2010, 10:07 AM
OMFG! First Preseason Game!

SuperKevin
08-13-2010, 10:10 AM
I'll be at the game tonight. Drunk and possibly violent

Rob S
08-13-2010, 10:19 AM
Are they playing the game at Faddy's?

fischbowl
08-13-2010, 10:41 AM
Are they playing the game at Faddy's?

I called, and apparently, yes.

If not, Kelly's on Avenue A b/w 1st and Houston will have it

SuperMcGee
08-13-2010, 01:28 PM
OMFG! First Preseason Game!

The Bills and Scott Pilgrim debuting on the same day! Can we handle the greatness of August 13th?

fischbowl
08-13-2010, 01:29 PM
The Bills and Scott Pilgrim debuting on the same day! Can we handle the greatness of August 13th?

Obviously not. Just take a look at the pants I'm wearing.

redbills
08-13-2010, 06:42 PM
Bills Season Preview Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy_Z2O16xGY)

Enjoy the Video!

Emory

wow, you/these guys know bills football.

the only thing the pic of D.Bell is Walker.

redbills
08-13-2010, 08:04 PM
we suck .

Bills2083
08-13-2010, 08:48 PM
The Sex was too hot for the ball

Rob S
08-13-2010, 08:58 PM
http://strategerie.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/jake-locker-stays.jpg

fischbowl
08-13-2010, 11:56 PM
Mr. Schubert, did you go to Faddy's. 'cause they didn't let me the **** in

redbills
08-14-2010, 09:13 AM
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/3421/20k6oma.png (http://img834.imageshack.us/i/20k6oma.png/)

Rob S
08-16-2010, 08:43 PM
Mr. Schubert, did you go to Faddy's. 'cause they didn't let me the **** in

Nah, didnt feel like making the trek. Just watched on NFL network. What did they say?

redbills
08-19-2010, 07:09 PM
Spiller..... juke, juke, juke 31 yard TD run.

Rosebud
08-20-2010, 02:17 PM
Just wondering who's the DL coach? Rather, who's responsible for Maybin's "development"?

Bills2083
08-20-2010, 04:32 PM
pretty sure that Maybin's primary position is OLB, so he would be training with Bob Sanders.. who was the Bills' defensive line coach last season. I am almost certain that I read somewhere that this is Sanders' first time ever coaching the OLB position.

DL coach is Giff Smith

SuperMcGee
08-31-2010, 11:19 PM
Is there anyone on this team that you would expect to break 5 sacks? I'm pretty sure our leader is going to be someone on the line with 3.5

GB12
09-01-2010, 12:05 AM
pretty sure that Maybin's primary position is OLB, so he would be training with Bob Sanders.. who was the Bills' defensive line coach last season. I am almost certain that I read somewhere that this is Sanders' first time ever coaching the OLB position.

DL coach is Giff Smith
He was the linebackers coach for Jim Bates in Miami before they came to Green Bay where he coached the defensive line. He also coached linebackers at Florida. It might be his first time coaching 3-4 OLBs specifically, or even his first time coaching in a 3-4 (?) though. However, he has coached both linebackers and defensive line so it's not like there's much he wouldn't have already known.

Rob S
09-03-2010, 03:14 AM
Is there anyone on this team that you would expect to break 5 sacks? I'm pretty sure our leader is going to be someone on the line with 3.5

I hope someone will get 5 plus, but I can't see where its going to come from unless Maybin gets better overnight or Kelsay just takes to OLB like a fish to water.

SuperMcGee
09-04-2010, 04:34 PM
Cuts

C Sean Allen
RB Andre Anderson
RB Joique Bell
QB Levi Brown
T Kirk Chambers
DE Rashaad Duncan
FB Rodney Ferguson
C Christian Gaddis
TE Andrew George
WR James Hardy
G Nick Hennessey
WR Chad Jackson
DB Ellis Lankster
G Andre Ramsey
WR Naaman Roosevelt
DB Lydell Sargeant
RB Chad Simpson
T Jason Watkins
LB Donovan Woods

The Bills also announced that SS Jon Corto has been placed on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform and TE Derek Schouman has been Waived/Injured.

Why keep Donald Jones over Jackson and Roosevelt? Nothing really made me think that would happen.

Would like to keep around Brown (obviously), Bell, Roosevelt, and Donovan Woods, if possible.

Sucks about Schouman. Always liked him, but he's just too frail.

And THE SEX :( :( :(

redbills
09-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Jonathan Crompton was cut thouht I read somewhere the Bills really liked him and wanted to pick him but SD did before us.

fischbowl
09-04-2010, 06:48 PM
McGee, friends, I'll be in the intensive care unit over at Kenmore Mercy for the next few days.....Over the course of this stay I will be intensively seen by a slew of medical professionals to determine why I had cut myself over the release of arguably among the greatest players Western New York has seen in the recent past, The Sex....

However, soon, many will hear of my story and strife. There will be mass protest and soon the Bills Brass will sign Mr. Sex Lankster and the Sex will be a Bill for life.

Some call me a martyr, friends, however I don't consider my actions drastic by any means...

Mark these words, friends, for they foreshadow the 2nd Era of the Sex in Buffalo....

SuperMcGee
09-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Chris Denney may have been a lost cause, and with time I was able to let go of Stamerica, but we will not - WE WILL NOT lose The Sex!

tenorx
09-05-2010, 09:19 AM

Antonio Coleman, if the FO gives him the chance to do it! :) I also really like Arthur Moats

fischbowl
09-05-2010, 05:23 PM
Kraig Urbik. It's a beautiful thing when a winning team's garbage is a losing team's treasure. Story of my life

Rob S
09-06-2010, 11:41 PM
Mr. Fischbowl, will you be at McFadden's this sunday?

SuperMcGee
09-07-2010, 12:43 AM
Not that it's a current topic, but what the ****, Brad Butler? We'd be so much better with you here.

Anyway, good for Cary Harris making the team at our deepest position. And fudge all of the spring-summer Chris Ellis haters. Sure, he sucks, but he's still around!

Bills2083
09-07-2010, 04:35 PM
4 Days
19 Hours
25 Minutes
6 Seconds

SuperMcGee
09-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Well, there goes Mitchell for another year (forever?)

We have what, 5 active linebackers for Sunday?

Rob S
09-10-2010, 08:45 PM
Well, there goes Mitchell for another year (forever?)

We have what, 5 active linebackers for Sunday?

Yup, pretty terrible. I do have a decent feeling for some reason though.....I can see CJ Spiller going off and getting fans all excited. Naturally we would implode in the subsequent games, but I could see us winning on Sunday.

SuperMcGee
09-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Fitz! Fitz! Fitz!

too soon?

Bills2083
09-12-2010, 10:22 PM
I want Levi Brown back!

Poz51
09-13-2010, 07:27 AM
Fitz! Fitz! Fitz!

too soon?

I want Levi Brown back!

Heavens no (too soon)!! Cut Edwards, bring Brown back and everyone moves up the depth chart... Does anyone else wanna redraft, bring in Anthony Davis, or Bulaga in the first, and possibly Clausen in the second?? Would anyone else be opposed to cutting Maybin so he looks like a fool else where?? On a positive note... We have 15 more games to show what we really have!!

Bills2083
09-13-2010, 08:53 AM
Bills Offense Confident they'll Improve (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Bills-offense-confident-theyll-improve/c0d98a94-7424-40d5-b9d0-9b5add703a19)

my favorite quote from this article from our quarterback

“There are still 15 football games left to prove that,” said Trent Edwards. “I don’t see any reason why we can’t do that. We have the players in this locker room and the coaches that can do it. There’s no reason to be down or disappointed and we’ll come back next week.” - Trent Edwards

Poz51
09-13-2010, 10:05 AM
Bills Offense Confident they'll Improve (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Bills-offense-confident-theyll-improve/c0d98a94-7424-40d5-b9d0-9b5add703a19)

my favorite quote from this article from our quarterback

- Trent Edwards

This week has been classic in the quote department, I even turned my signature into a montage of a couple of classics. After watching the first posession I was "Down", and realizing I just spent $300 to watch another season of this crap, I was clearly "Disappointed"... Trent must not realize Charles Woodson will actually catch the ball, and take it to the house next week... I havent seen a QB stare down his target like that since high school, he is manipulated by defenses, instead of manipulating them, although I firmly believe Bell and Green are horrible tackles, but Trent looks like a road kill before the snap...

nepg
09-13-2010, 10:39 AM
On a positive note... We have 15 more games to show what we really have!!

Positive as in optimistic or positive as in inevitable?

SuperMcGee
09-13-2010, 10:59 AM
I hate hearing Edwards give interviews. Most textbook, annoying crap ever.
It would have been fitting for his time to have ended with Jauron's.

Fred Jackson needs 20 touches next game. Just saying.

Poz51
09-14-2010, 08:21 AM
Positive as in optimistic or positive as in inevitable?

I have a hard time being optimistic with this team, as the decade long downward spiral is wearing me down... Inevitable... Hmm... Inevitable in that there is truely no where to go but up after 15 more games of Captain Checkdown, and the worst pair of starting tackles in the league net us Luck (hopefully he declares) or Locker to build around... Of coarse we then will still have the worst set of tackles in the league protecting whomever... I wonder, how many more people are going to think drafting Maybin, or anyone else other than a LT, or possibly a QB after this year is the right direction to go in with our top pick/s?

Poz51
09-14-2010, 08:27 AM
I hate hearing Edwards give interviews. Most textbook, annoying crap ever.
It would have been fitting for his time to have ended with Jauron's.

Fred Jackson needs 20 touches next game. Just saying.

Amen brother!! On all accounts... The only way this team wins is by running the ball 37 times and passing it 17, not vise versa... I hear you...

SuperMcGee
09-17-2010, 04:21 PM
http://tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=334084

How dare they?

SuperMcGee
09-19-2010, 02:31 AM
Byrd starts picking passes off this week. Icanfeelit.

redbills
09-19-2010, 10:50 AM
Gb 55 - Buf 6

SuperMcGee
09-19-2010, 03:13 PM
Did anybody see any OLB other than Kelsay in the entire game? Because I sure didn't.

Chan stuck with Marshawn for too long.

Is it that insane of a concept to get Evans some work out of the slot? I mean, what the **** else are you doing with him?

GB12
09-19-2010, 03:23 PM
Did anybody see any OLB other than Kelsay in the entire game? Because I sure didn't. I thought the same thing. And the main reason I noticed Kelsay was because he was covering Finley for some reason. Who is the other OLB anyway, is it Maybin still or did he lose his job already?

Chan stuck with Marshawn for too long.They had to have been trying to showcase him for potential trades.

Funny thing, first play of the game Hawk tackled Lynch.

Is it that insane of a concept to get Evans some work out of the slot? I mean, what the **** else are you doing with him?I completely forgot about Evans during the game too. Zero catches, targeted once. Maybe Trent Edwards wouldn't suck quite as much if he tried using his best receiver.

SuperMcGee
09-19-2010, 04:16 PM
I thought the same thing. And the main reason I noticed Kelsay was because he was covering Finley for some reason. Who is the other OLB anyway, is it Maybin still or did he lose his job already?

They had to have been trying to showcase him for potential trades.

Funny thing, first play of the game Hawk tackled Lynch.

I completely forgot about Evans during the game too. Zero catches, targeted once. Maybe Trent Edwards wouldn't suck quite as much if he tried using his best receiver.

Maybin never had the starting job. Reggie Torbor was technically the starter, but he started the year off hurt so they went with Chris Ellis. Yeah, it blows.

As awful as Ryan Fitzpatrick may be, he at least gives Evans the chance to catch the ball. And Evans is so good at catching the ball.

redbills
09-19-2010, 05:40 PM
I thought Lynch looked good thb.

SuperMcGee
09-19-2010, 05:54 PM
He did, but not so much in the second half. It would've been better to let Jackson be the featured finisher.

Rob S
09-19-2010, 06:43 PM
As I was watching Washington vs Nebraska yesterday, all I kept thinking about was how much Andrew Luck needs to declare. I think we're going 2-14.

Bills2083
09-19-2010, 07:55 PM
I want Andrew Luck.
And new offensive tackles. And a legitimate #2 receiver. And quality OLBs. And quality ILBs.

Please.

Poz51
09-20-2010, 07:57 AM
As I was watching Washington vs Nebraska yesterday, all I kept thinking about was how much Andrew Luck needs to declare. I think we're going 2-14.

Might we only be so lucky...
Locker 4-20 w/1 TD and 2 picks... Jevan Snead like....
Ryan Mallatt is moving up my list, and with Luck stating that he wants to get his degree...
Hopefully we can get at least a third for Lynch now that he's been showcased...
Any predictions for next weeks score??

SuperMcGee
09-20-2010, 03:39 PM
Fitzy time!

Just in time to play the Patriots and Jets and lose the job to Brohm!

Poz51
09-21-2010, 07:53 AM
Fitzy time!

Just in time to play the Patriots and Jets and lose the job to Brohm!

Lol, thats what I told my wife this morning! Although maybe our 7 million dollar reciever will get some balls thrown his way...
What do you think of the Lynch for Hawk trade rumor?
Personally I would love to have Hawk next to Posluszny, doubt it happens, but I would like it.

SuperMcGee
09-21-2010, 10:58 AM
I would still like to trade and get value for Lynch. I don't think we'd be interested in Hawk's salary, though. Hawk-Poz would be all name, little substance. No real improvement, though I could feel sort of comfortable playing Hawk if (when) a LB goes down. Still, he wouldn't thrive here.

Poz51
09-21-2010, 11:16 AM
I would still like to trade and get value for Lynch. I don't think we'd be interested in Hawk's salary, though. Hawk-Poz would be all name, little substance. No real improvement, though I could feel sort of comfortable playing Hawk if (when) a LB goes down. Still, he wouldn't thrive here.

I hear you, personally I would prefer to get a 3rd if possible, and move on. The salary is what makes me think that deal is not a reality at all, Pat Lee... Dont really need a corner, and Donald Lee and a 4th makes some sense as Stupar is... Subpar at best. At the end of the day I would like to see them get value in the trade through draft picks...

p.s. Am I the only one who thinks the Sabres new jerseys are repulsive?? Last years with the original logo made more modern was 100 times better....

Poz51
09-22-2010, 07:50 AM
Joique Bell was signed to the Eagles 53 man roster, anyone else disappointed to see him go?

SuperMcGee
09-22-2010, 10:10 AM
Yeah, he probably would've been a good 3rd in the event of Lynch's departure. I wasn't sure how long we could keep him stashed on the PS, and all the RB injuries out there made that much tougher.

Victory X
09-25-2010, 11:38 AM
Hi guys!

I'm a new Buffalo Bills fan and I'm trying to find as much information as possible.

So some questions i have are....

What are the Bill's best player on offence and defence?

What type of offence and defence do the Bills run?

How are some of the younger players doing? (Maybin, Spiller)

What are the strong points and weak points of this team?

Who are the biggest 'rivals' of this team?

I appreciate any information i can get, and please do not post 'b1lls suk l0l'.

redbills
09-26-2010, 03:11 PM
Our front 7 sucks so hard

Bills2083
09-26-2010, 03:18 PM
current needs (no particular order)

-QB
-LT
-RT
-TE
-WR?
-OLB
-OLB
-ILB

what can we do to make this team better?

redbills
09-26-2010, 03:20 PM

-QB
-LT
-RT
-TE
-WR?
-OLB
-OLB
-ILB

Put depth on O-Line, DE and another ILB on the list too.

Poz51
09-27-2010, 07:38 AM
Our front 7 sucks so hard

Maybin is still the last guy off the ball 3 out of 4 snaps. Numbers 50, 93, 90, 99, and 53 can all be replaced next year, hopefully by guys with names that can make plays. Poor Ellison needs to find a 4-3 team, he does not fit the system. On a positive note, the offense looked competent, and the 8 million dollar man was actually thrown too, which affected the defense allowing other recievers to be freed up and make plays. Too bad Fitz started over throwing the ball in the 4th quarter... It was actually an entertaining game I thought... Front three are actually not to bad, and we have potential IMO, its the LB's that need a serious upgrade, IMO its that position that makes the 3-4 what it is, and we dont have the pieces, particularly at OLB.

-QB Will Fitz change this? At least with him the offense looks capable.
-LT Bell did not look horrible, I actually thought he looked fairly competent yesterday, still needs work.
-RT YES, Green is horrible.
-TE Shawn Nelson? Stupar is not the answer, Nelson needs to show something when he gets back.
-WR? I we actually throw to our #1 then things open up, certainly would not hurt to have a legit #2, but Johnson is showing potential to be that guy, he really started reminded me of the reciever who single handedly destroyed LSU. Parrish is finally being utilized correctly. If Nelson can learn to read the blitz when he is the hot read we might be ok...
-OLB YES, Kelsey plays with heart, but like Ellison is in the wrong scheme.
-OLB YES...
-ILB Personally with Posluszny coming back I would not say so, Davis is good against the run, certainly need depth, Ayodele is a non factor, and Ellison is in the wrong scheme. Depth is needed...

Needs for certain, a RT and 2 OLB's. Possible needs QB, LT, TE, and ILB depth, with QB and LT being fringe certain needs. Could need help at WR. What can we do, cut or trade Edwards, revamp the linebacking core, with the focus at OLB, cut or trade Stroud, cut or trade Green, trade Lynch for some value (draft), or stick with him and make it clear either way, and for the love of all that is holy; do not, do not waste a top draft pick for potential that is going to be coming off the bench, we need players not cheerleaders or luxury picks anymore.

Bills2083
09-27-2010, 08:41 AM
One thing about Poz though is that he cannot stay healthy.
If you think we need depth, then we need SOLID depth because we can't continue playing Davis/Ayodele out there. Davis is slower than Dwan Edwards - I was at the home opener and saw him beat Davis down the field.

Also, as I see in your sig, you want to trade Lynch.
Obviously, his game has improved over the past two weeks. But why do you want to trade him over someone like Jackson? I'm undecided about what I want to do about the RB situation, so I just want to see from your POV.

so the needs in more of an order

-QB: I personally do not think Fitzpatrick will change this. He will get us nowhere in this league, as bad as it sounds. He's just not that quarterback who can take over a game. The sooner we get in some new talent here, the better.
-OLB
-RT
-OLB
-TE
-ILB
-LT
-WR

?

SuperMcGee
09-27-2010, 10:14 AM
If you think we need depth, then we need SOLID depth because we can't continue playing Davis/Ayodele out there. Davis is slower than Dwan Edwards - I was at the home opener and saw him beat Davis down the field.

Edwards is ALWAYS making tackles downfield. I just wish he could get through the line like we saw in preseason :/

Anyway, there is talk about a 4-year extension for Kelsay. He's out of position but still our most competent LB, but are we seriously giving him another insane extension around $6 mil per?

SuperMcGee
09-27-2010, 10:16 AM
Also, I was reading Chris Brown's blog on the the Bills website, and totally corrected him on leaving out Terrence McGee's multi-TD game against Cincinnati in '05 in a post about players scoring multiple touchdowns including one on kickoffs, as Spiller did.

He fixed it one minute later and didn't even give me any props. What a dick, amiright?

Poz51
09-27-2010, 10:20 AM

Also, as I see in your sig, you want to trade Lynch.
Obviously, his game has improved over the past two weeks. But why do you want to trade him over someone like Jackson? I'm undecided about what I want to do about the RB situation, so I just want to see from your POV.

so the needs in more of an order

-QB: I personally do not think Fitzpatrick will change this. He will get us nowhere in this league, as bad as it sounds. He's just not that quarterback who can take over a game. The sooner we get in some new talent here, the better.
?

That certainly has been part of his career so far, but when he is on the field he does not need to be replaced and is one of the two best players in the front 7 if not the best. Davis is good vs. the run, and that is it, he certainly is a liability in coverage, living 600 miles away (and only seeing what the TV will allow me too), I will take your word for it (with total confidence), I would not be opposed to replacing him, we certainly need depth.
I love Lynch as a runner, I really do. His off the field crap has soured me on him, and I really am not sure he wants to stay here. Honestly I like the backfield in Buffalo, and if I was sure Lynch was going to resign and it was he and Spiller moving forward, I would be happy. But the backfield is the strength of this team, and I believe he is the piece that can be moved with the greatest return. Having said that, there needs to be a return, at least a third or the conversation is over. With a team like GB the conversation is a second right now. His contract is up after next season I believe, and I am not sure he is in for the long haul... In this case for me I believe that trading him while he is hot is for the best, because I dont see the long term gain of keeping him for a little while then losing him for nothing, or for less value.
I dont believe that Fitz is going to win us a super bowl either, unless we trade for the Steelers D... However, at least with him the offense is functional... Although he decided like Mallett to hand over the game without a fight in the 4th quarter. I would agree that the sooner the better in terms of the future at QB. Honestly I am a Luck fan, he just appears to be a professional QB, watching him play I see a guy with a great feel for the game. If we have the #1 pick and he declares hes the guy IMO at this moment in time. Second round any capable tackle who can at least man up the right side, or a pass rushing OLB with some natural ability. This team to me is all about the future, they are not going to be good this year of the next unless big changes happen, there are to many holes, but three or four years from now they can be something IMO if they make the right moves over the coarse of the next two off seasons.

Poz51
09-27-2010, 10:22 AM
Edwards is ALWAYS making tackles downfield. I just wish he could get through the line like we saw in preseason :/

Anyway, there is talk about a 4-year extension for Kelsay. He's out of position but still our most competent LB, but are we seriously giving him another insane extension around $6 mil per?

I personally would not give Kelsey an extension, but that is me, I would disagree and say Poz is the most competent LB when healthy, but I am sure to catch some flack for that...

Poz51
09-27-2010, 10:23 AM
Also, I was reading Chris Brown's blog on the the Bills website, and totally corrected him on leaving out Terrence McGee's multi-TD game against Cincinnati in '05 in a post about players scoring multiple touchdowns including one on kickoffs, as Spiller did.

He fixed it one minute later and didn't even give me any props. What a dick, amiright?

I agree. No props = deusche bag...

Poz51
09-27-2010, 10:55 AM
Hi guys!

I'm a new Buffalo Bills fan and I'm trying to find as much information as possible.

So some questions i have are....

What are the Bill's best player on offence and defence?
offense; Lee Evans, Eric Wood, C.J. Spiller, Marshawn Lynch, Fred Jackson.
defense: Kyle Williams, Paul Posluszny, Jarius Byrd, Terrance McGhee, Leodis KcKelvin.
What type of offence and defence do the Bills run?
The offense... Hmm, sometimes spread, sometimes run heavy. Defense is a 3-4, so they say...
How are some of the younger players doing? (Maybin, Spiller)
Maybin = Nothing, Spiller showed a glimpse of his potential against NE. McKelvin is back from a leg injury and does not look to bad, although he got burned by Slater from NE this weekend on a over throw.
What are the strong points and weak points of this team.
Strong points; special teams, secondary, and running backs. Weak; tackles particularly RT, no QB who can win them the SB, the linebacking core is mostly out of position and washed up vets. There is a strong possiblity that there is no TE worth a crap on the roster.
Who are the biggest 'rivals' of this team?
The division.
I appreciate any information i can get, and please do not post 'b1lls suk l0l'.

This is all my opinion, and the best player on the team might be the punter, Moorman...

SuperMcGee
09-27-2010, 12:07 PM
Somebody needs to find a video of Lynch having sex with the ball, or whatever it was that he was doing after that run.

fischbowl
09-27-2010, 01:22 PM
Somebody needs to find a video of Lynch having sex with the ball, or whatever it was that he was doing after that run.

Agreed. Disappointingly the unarguable high point of our season.

So now what that Trent is gone? I really don't know how I feel with Fitzy starting

Bills2083
09-27-2010, 03:32 PM
That certainly has been part of his career so far, but when he is on the field he does not need to be replaced and is one of the two best players in the front 7 if not the best. Davis is good vs. the run, and that is it, he certainly is a liability in coverage, living 600 miles away (and only seeing what the TV will allow me too), I will take your word for it (with total confidence), I would not be opposed to replacing him, we certainly need depth.

I personally think that we must address ILB early in the draft, if we do not in free agency. We've seen 3 straight games now, not to mention preseason, the LBs on this team getting torched in coverage. We have a good secondary (even though yesterday's performance doesn't really support this), but that means nothing if we can't stop those intermediate passes over the middle.

__________________________________________________ ______

I love Lynch as a runner, I really do. His off the field crap has soured me on him, and I really am not sure he wants to stay here. Honestly I like the backfield in Buffalo, and if I was sure Lynch was going to resign and it was he and Spiller moving forward, I would be happy. But the backfield is the strength of this team, and I believe he is the piece that can be moved with the greatest return. Having said that, there needs to be a return, at least a third or the conversation is over. With a team like GB the conversation is a second right now. His contract is up after next season I believe, and I am not sure he is in for the long haul... In this case for me I believe that trading him while he is hot is for the best, because I dont see the long term gain of keeping him for a little while then losing him for nothing, or for less value.

I agree with this about Lynch. He used to be my favorite player on this team, but once he had his 2? off the field incidents, his appeal quickly declined. I think that Lynch/Spiller could be a force to be reckoned with in the future, but this is only possible if Lynch is willing to resign. I would try to hammer out an extension with him right now, and if he doesn't seem willing, I would trade him like you said. Anything is better than nothing.

__________________________________________________ ______-

I dont believe that Fitz is going to win us a super bowl either, unless we trade for the Steelers D... However, at least with him the offense is functional... Although he decided like Mallett to hand over the game without a fight in the 4th quarter. I would agree that the sooner the better in terms of the future at QB. Honestly I am a Luck fan, he just appears to be a professional QB, watching him play I see a guy with a great feel for the game. If we have the #1 pick and he declares hes the guy IMO at this moment in time. Second round any capable tackle who can at least man up the right side, or a pass rushing OLB with some natural ability. This team to me is all about the future, they are not going to be good this year of the next unless big changes happen, there are to many holes, but three or four years from now they can be something IMO if they make the right moves over the coarse of the next two off seasons.

I like Luck too but after reading about him thinking of staying to get his degree, I'm not holding my breath waiting for him to declare for the draft

Agreed. Disappointingly the unarguable high point of our season.

So now what that Trent is gone? I really don't know how I feel with Fitzy starting

I think that goes to Steve Johnson's TD celebration yesterday

Poz51
09-28-2010, 06:53 AM

Hilarious, if you want to see something else outside the sports world youtube the amazing race and watermelon, the second funniest thing to come out of the weekend.

Poz51
09-28-2010, 10:12 AM
I like Luck too but after reading about him thinking of staying to get his degree, I'm not holding my breath waiting for him to declare for the draft. I personally think that we must address ILB early in the draft, if we do not in free agency.

With Luck I have thought so too, and that is why I did not put him in my last mock. However I am starting to think he might, there is always the risk of injury, Locker is taking a hit in the draft stock department and there is always the Snead factor. The other thing in for me in watching Luck play is that he looks ready for the NFL, he has less to work on then most do coming into the league, he understands defenses very well, and actually manipulates them. Im not saying he's a probowl rookie if he declares, but I think he is ahead of the curve and has a better understanding of the game than many coming into the league. If he does not declare I think things get real interesting at this point if we pick where I believe we will.
As for ILB maybe we look at a guy like Hightower if he falls into the second as long as its a tremendous value pick, but I think there are too many more positions of higher value that need to be addressed first early in the draft, and think free agency provide a better option, at least temporarily.

bigbluedefense
09-28-2010, 10:16 AM
Can someone break down the Spiller situation for me?

He's rotting on my bench, but he picked up 18 points this week. But it doesn't sound like he had much of a workload. Is he going to be shelved all season or should I keep him on my bench?

Also, should I start him this week? I'm awfully thin bc of the bye week and whoever I would put in instead of CJ would get me around 7-10 points.

redbills
09-28-2010, 02:35 PM
Can someone break down the Spiller situation for me?

He's rotting on my bench, but he picked up 18 points this week. But it doesn't sound like he had much of a workload. Is he going to be shelved all season or should I keep him on my bench?

Also, should I start him this week? I'm awfully thin bc of the bye week and whoever I would put in instead of CJ would get me around 7-10 points.

Lynch is getting most the carries with Freddy 2nd, CJ 3rd. CJ is playing most on 3rd down. So he is the 3rd down back and KR.
I would not start him against the Jets, no way.

Bills2083
09-28-2010, 03:25 PM
Also, many Bills fans feel that one of the RBs will be traded, which will lead to more carries for Spiller.
If you're thinking about dumping him, I'd at least wait until the trade deadline

Poz51
09-29-2010, 09:59 AM
the LBs on this team getting torched in coverage.

Just to build on my point that Poz is not a weakness in the LB core, despite missing time to injury the last two years, he has led the team in tackles the last two years, and last season tied for the league lead in interceptions by a LB with three, and is a good coverage LB especially in the middle of the field.
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article204289.ece
Getting someone capable next to him is a need in this respect, especially when covering the intermediate and crossing routes. Our OLB's leave a bit to be desired as a whole...

Poz51
09-29-2010, 10:07 AM
Anyone feel Shawn Nelson will have an impact when he returns next week? Opinions...

SuperMcGee
09-29-2010, 10:50 AM
I didn't have him pegged for any sort of breakout season and I don't think he'll put himself ahead of Stupar for most downs, especially with our weak tackles. But Fitz won't mind targeting him when he's out there and he can hopefully do some damage down the seam or hopefully by using his size. But I don't expect too much.

Bills2083
09-29-2010, 11:29 AM
Just to build on my point that Poz is not a weakness in the LB core, despite missing time to injury the last two years, he has led the team in tackles the last two years, and last season tied for the league lead in interceptions by a LB with three, and is a good coverage LB especially in the middle of the field.
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article204289.ece
Getting someone capable next to him is a need in this respect, especially when covering the intermediate and crossing routes. Our OLB's leave a bit to be desired as a whole...

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think that Posluszny is that great in coverage. He seems slower which in turn allows for passes to constantly be made in the flats against him. Again, this is just my opinion, with no hard evidence to support it lol

But yes, I agree that our OLBs are a HUGE liability to this team and both outside positions need to be addressed this offseason. I read on the Bills' message board that the team is considering offering Kelsay a $24 million extension. For what, I don't know. He is a liability against the pass, and clearly does not grasp the 3-4 defense. I've focused on him in the first 3 games and on multiple occasions he is out of position on run plays, leading to big chunks of yards on the ground. He's almost 30, if not 30 already, and his athleticism is already pretty bad. I think that we should dump him in the offseason, rather than giving him an extension. It makes NO sense to me whatsoever.

Anyone feel Shawn Nelson will have an impact when he returns next week? Opinions...

I don't think he'll have that much of an impact. He showed flashes of being a good player last season, but I don't think he'll unseat Stupar as the starter, at least not yet.

fischbowl
09-29-2010, 12:41 PM
A 4-year extension for Kelsay. Frankly, I love the man but the true fact of the matter is that he is not and will never be an elite 3-4 OLB. This Nix Regime has left me a truly befuddled Buffalo Bills fan....

redbills
09-29-2010, 05:03 PM
Bills signed OLB Chris Kelsay to a four-year, $24 million extension through 2014.

HAHAHAHAHA, f--k us, f--k us.

nepg
09-29-2010, 05:37 PM
******* Ralphie complains that his team can't compete with the big market teams. It's ********. Green Bay can do it, and the Buffalo fans are just as strong. The reason they can't compete is the front office doesn't have a ******* clue how to run a team anymore.

fischbowl
09-29-2010, 08:21 PM
******* Ralphie complains that his team can't compete with the big market teams. It's ********. Green Bay can do it, and the Buffalo fans are just as strong. The reason they can't compete is the front office doesn't have a ******* clue how to run a team anymore.

While our fan bases are similar, there truly is no real comparison between the Packers and us. The divider being that the Packers have unarguably one of the strongest histories in the league, something that we clearly lack as a former AFL team. I look at the Packers as a glorified high school team. I mean that positively, it's a beautiful thing.