PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bills Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22

Rosebud
09-29-2010, 09:30 PM
While our fan bases are similar, there truly is no real comparison between the Packers and us. The divider being that the Packers have unarguably one of the strongest histories in the league, something that we clearly lack as a former AFL team. I look at the Packers as a glorified high school team. I mean that positively, it's a beautiful thing.

Yeah, the Packers actually being owned by the town of Green Bay only serves to further play into all that.

Poz51
09-30-2010, 07:28 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I don't think that Posluszny is that great in coverage. He seems slower which in turn allows for passes to constantly be made in the flats against him. Again, this is just my opinion, with no hard evidence to support it lol.

I know he's been playing the weakside, I dont know/haven't noticed him out in the flats alot when he has played but will keep an eye out for it this week if he plays. I still think he is best suited for the middle, and dropping into coverage in the middle of the field where he can read and react, in no way shape of form do I think he should be covering backs out in the flat or the flats themselves. He made plays in the middle of the field was the point I was trying to make, and used properly is one fewer piece of the front 7 that needs to be addressed. I also have a higher opinion of him than most I have talked too...

Poz51
09-30-2010, 08:01 AM
A 4-year extension for Kelsay. Frankly, I love the man but the true fact of the matter is that he is not and will never be an elite 3-4 OLB. This Nix Regime has left me a truly befuddled Buffalo Bills fan....

My post rage thoughts... Also my very pre-rage thoughts at the rumors that this was going to happen...

HAHAHAHAHA, f--k us, f--k us.

My very thought when I heard the rumor became fact, minus the second f--k us...

While drafting Spiller was questionable by many including myself, I could see the reasoning behind the rest of the draft... However giving an out of postion player who is not capable of handling his new position a extension like this is non-sensical, and leads me to believe that the front office is as incapable as those of the past... Having said this I would like to throw my name in ring to be the next G.M. of this team and run on the platform that in the last four years I would have drafted Ngata over Whitner, would have taken Lynch and McKelvin too, Oher over Maybin, and although it might be detrimental to my campaigne Jimmy Clausen would have been the first rounder in 2010, although it would come down to Kindle, Cody or Gronkowski in the second, most likely Gronkowski having taken Clausen in the first... Thank you for your time :) "Poz51: At least we'd have Ngata and Oher!!"

Bills2083
09-30-2010, 11:10 AM
When you become the Bills' G.M., don't forget to hire the Bills fans here on SWDC ;)

Poz51
09-30-2010, 04:34 PM
When you become the Bills' G.M., don't forget to hire the Bills fans here on SWDC ;)

Roger that! Could use some scouts worth a crap...
I was thinking the second part of my campaign, and a slogan going something like this: Poz51: "No wasteful Kelsey stimulus packages here, not now, not ever..."

Poz51
10-01-2010, 08:13 AM
This just about says it...
http://www.wellsvilledaily.com/sports/x55982773/Kelsay-deal-sign-of-why-Bills-struggle

Bills2083
10-01-2010, 11:06 AM
Per text, the Bills have reached an injury settlement with Kawika Mitchell

redbills
10-03-2010, 01:16 PM
I am so close to not watching another game this year.

redbills
10-03-2010, 02:04 PM
OKay i am going to watch the Jacksonville game and if we look like **** i am done for the year.

redbills
10-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Parrish, drop
Evans, drop
Evans, drop
Moorman, punt

fischbowl
10-03-2010, 03:43 PM
That was the most futile showcase of football since last week.

Bills2083
10-03-2010, 04:07 PM
this is a joke of an organization, from top to bottom.
I can't help but laugh at them. it's a comedy at the games, seeing all the fans just laughing.

redbills
10-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Spiller was really worth the 9th pick wasn't he? He looked really good on his 3 touches.

SuperMcGee
10-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Dudes.

Sabres!

redbills
10-04-2010, 03:38 PM
my new sig

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/3909/2s1tzfd.png (http://img440.imageshack.us/i/2s1tzfd.png/)

redbills
10-04-2010, 08:30 PM
why did we let Wake leave B-lo with out a deal again? i forget was it because he wasn't better than Kelsay and Denney?

Rosebud
10-04-2010, 09:16 PM
Spiller was really worth the 9th pick wasn't he? He looked really good on his 3 touches.

I'm just curious would Bills fans rather have taken at #9, assuming that management was too scared of Davis' complacency to take him top ten to play in Buffalo? Personally I'd have taken Dan Williams or Dez, but apparently I was much higher on both of them than the pros.

Bills2083
10-04-2010, 10:42 PM
I was clamoring for Alualu at 9 because I KNEW that the Jags were going to take him at 10 ;)

but really, I'm pretty sure I wanted Anthony Davis/Bryan Bulaga/Dan Williams.

Start from the trenches and work outward is my mentality. It kind of has to be since the Bills organization has disregarded the Oline for the past decade - and look where its gotten us. Ever since they drafted Mike Williams fourth overall, they haven't wanted to draft Olinemen at the top of the draft.

btw, rosebud, that is one of my favorite avatars on SWDC for some reason lol

Rob S
10-05-2010, 12:16 AM
Honestly, if we can come away with Luck and sign or draft a LT we will still blow next year and get a top 5 pick. With that, we can address a stud WR and get another OT in rd. 2. We will still blow, but probably pick around 12. By then, however, hopefully Troup and Carrington have worked out and we can use this draft to fill in holes on defense. That my plan in an ideal world anyway. Our run defense sucks, but people forget that our NT of the future is on the bench right now. If he pans out that would help this defense out a ton.

Rosebud
10-05-2010, 04:20 AM
I was clamoring for Alualu at 9 because I KNEW that the Jags were going to take him at 10 ;)

but really, I'm pretty sure I wanted Anthony Davis/Bryan Bulaga/Dan Williams.

Start from the trenches and work outward is my mentality. It kind of has to be since the Bills organization has disregarded the Oline for the past decade - and look where its gotten us. Ever since they drafted Mike Williams fourth overall, they haven't wanted to draft Olinemen at the top of the draft.

btw, rosebud, that is one of my favorite avatars on SWDC for some reason lol

Eh, I don't like Bulaga in the top ten, especially over a playmaker like CJ Spiller. Davis you've got those complacency and dedication questions that turned Mike Williams into the colossal bust he became. I'm with you on Dan Williams, although apparently none of the pros agreed with us since he fell all of the way to the 20s when i thought he was a top ten lock. Plus the difference between DW and Troup isn't as big as between Spiller and say Best or Arrellius Benn.

Honestly, if we can come away with Luck and sign or draft a LT we will still blow next year and get a top 5 pick. With that, we can address a stud WR and get another OT in rd. 2. We will still blow, but probably pick around 12. By then, however, hopefully Troup and Carrington have worked out and we can use this draft to fill in holes on defense. That my plan in an ideal world anyway. Our run defense sucks, but people forget that our NT of the future is on the bench right now. If he pans out that would help this defense out a ton.

I think your D will get it together faster than that provided you find a pass rusher somewhere. I really like Troup and Carrington and those two should anchor a really good DL with a studly secondary back there. The offense needs two tackles, a QB and some young WRs,but at least you have a running game, interior OL and a legit #1 WR for now.

Poz51
10-05-2010, 07:55 AM
Dudes.

Sabres!

Lot of talk in Canada about them winning the division, and being legit cup contenders!! Then again Don Cherry is their official spokesperson...

Poz51
10-05-2010, 07:55 AM
why did we let Wake leave B-lo with out a deal again? i forget was it because he wasn't better than Kelsay and Denney?

This franchise has an inability to do any sort of forward thinking...

Poz51
10-05-2010, 08:04 AM
I'm just curious would Bills fans rather have taken at #9, assuming that management was too scared of Davis' complacency to take him top ten to play in Buffalo? Personally I'd have taken Dan Williams or Dez, but apparently I was much higher on both of them than the pros.

Jimmy Clausen, although apparently he would have been available at 41. Davis would have at least been a sign that they are trying to make an effort to fix a major problem, rather than to continue to ignore it... Davis and Clausen in the first and second would have been a wet dream for me personally... Williams for me was too much of a one year wonder, and would have reminded me of Maybin in that respect, Dez I would have been skeptical but understood, although I dont think he would have liked coming to Buffalo... The only other guy I really would have rather have was Brandon Graham and if Davis or Clausen was not the guy, I honestly think I would rather have Graham, and honestly that is who I would have went with in that situation.

Poz51
10-05-2010, 08:07 AM

I strongly endorse this plan of action moving forward, especially if a guy like Sherrod or Love (probably not..) fall into the second.

Bills2083
10-05-2010, 02:20 PM
So Lynch is gone now :/
I was hoping for more than a 4th, considering the rumors of not only Seattle, but Green Bay and Philly being interested as well. I think we could have held on to him up until the bye week and gotten more. At least we got some compensation.

But I am now saddened and going to work depressed

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_WsE6M_RjBIY/SeAtsfVcX6I/AAAAAAAAUs8/c1a7R_DxMi0/s400/sigh+charlie+brown.jpg

bigbluedefense
10-05-2010, 02:24 PM
I hope this means my boy CJ Spiller gets some damn carries. My work league is depending on it.

redbills
10-05-2010, 03:31 PM
trade a 24 year old RB that has many years in the tank or a 30 year old RB who has 2 years tops, when we are "good" again Fred will be long gone and Lynch will still be good. Good job FO.

Rob S
10-05-2010, 03:56 PM
I really don't care about the Lynch trade. Of course more would have been nice, but we need to get CJ Spiller the damn ball.

redbills
10-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Buffalo Bills 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008 drafts netted 10 players who are currently on this team:

Donte Whitner (1st)
Kyle Williams (5th)
Keith Ellison (6th)
Paul Posluzny (2nd)
McKelvin (1st)
Chris Ellis (3rd)
Reggie Corner (4th)
D. Bell (7th)
Steve Johnson (7th)
A. Youboty (4th)

yet Modrack still has a job

Rosebud
10-05-2010, 11:11 PM
Jimmy Clausen, although apparently he would have been available at 41. Davis would have at least been a sign that they are trying to make an effort to fix a major problem, rather than to continue to ignore it... Davis and Clausen in the first and second would have been a wet dream for me personally... Williams for me was too much of a one year wonder, and would have reminded me of Maybin in that respect, Dez I would have been skeptical but understood, although I dont think he would have liked coming to Buffalo... The only other guy I really would have rather have was Brandon Graham and if Davis or Clausen was not the guy, I honestly think I would rather have Graham, and honestly that is who I would have went with in that situation.

Clausen is not the answer. He's just not a franchise QB and will be more like Delhomme, a solid starter who's not a franchise QB but is a legit starter. I think passing on him is one of the best draft decisions the Bills have made in years.

Davis I can agree with, although it's hard to blame the team for seeing a lot of Jason Peters in him. Like Dez the talent would've been a great addition but you have to wonder how the character would fit in the city of Buffalo.

Graham's really iffy, I love the dude but he needs his paw in the dirt. If you guys were sticking with the 4-3 I'd be all for Graham. As is I think Spiller would impact the offense more than Graham would effect the defense in a 3-4.

Poz51
10-06-2010, 07:47 AM
trade a 24 year old RB that has many years in the tank or a 30 year old RB who has 2 years tops, when we are "good" again Fred will be long gone and Lynch will still be good. Good job FO.

I really don't care about the Lynch trade. Of course more would have been nice, but we need to get CJ Spiller the damn ball.

Buffalo Bills 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008 drafts netted 10 players who are currently on this team,
yet Modrack still has a job

That 24 year old was just traded for a 4th and possible 5th, who in all likely hood will not be on the roster in 3 years, when there was a market for him. Give away... Modrak having a job has been a joke for years now, Ralph needs to give conrtrol to someone with a clue, and just watch the games from his box... I nominate me :) I will also endorse just about everyone else in this forum since at least they seem to have some sort of direction...

Poz51
10-06-2010, 07:56 AM
Clausen is not the answer. He's just not a franchise QB and will be more like Delhomme, a solid starter who's not a franchise QB but is a legit starter. I think passing on him is one of the best draft decisions the Bills have made in years.

Davis I can agree with, although it's hard to blame the team for seeing a lot of Jason Peters in him. Like Dez the talent would've been a great addition but you have to wonder how the character would fit in the city of Buffalo.

Graham's really iffy, I love the dude but he needs his paw in the dirt. If you guys were sticking with the 4-3 I'd be all for Graham. As is I think Spiller would impact the offense more than Graham would effect the defense in a 3-4.

I liked Clausen, and think he'll be a better QB than Delhomme, who at least played in a super bowl in the last decade (bills = no playoffs), and watching Clausen play the Saints, I saw potential, although he needs to understand passing lanes more, but he kept them in that game... We currently have a backup starting, which to me means a solid starter is still an upgrade. Time will tell... Davis even at right tackle right now would be a huge upgrade, and at least help out in the run game, but I understand the character concerns.
I would disagree with Graham, people said the same thing about Woodley, and I think Graham is better, and would have been an outstanding 3-4 linebacker, but as usual this is all my opinion... Spiller can be an impact guy, but screamed luxury pick, and for a team that needs help up front on both sides of the ball is not the direction you go in in rebuilding a team IMO...

chapo123
10-07-2010, 03:20 PM
mock 2011 draft

1. andrew luck - qb
2. demarcus love - ot
3. austin pettis - wr
4. sam acho - de
4. demarcus van dyke - cb
5. greg salas - wr
6. tyrod taylor - qb
7. kyle adams - te

fischbowl
10-07-2010, 03:21 PM
Hey! Sunday's game is blacked out!

redbills
10-07-2010, 05:04 PM
mock 2011 draft

1. andrew luck - qb
2. demarcus love - ot
3. austin pettis - wr
4. sam acho - de
5. greg salas - wr
6. tyrod taylor - qb
7. kyle adams - te

no LBers = f
make 4b + 6 a backer and i'd like it

Poz51
10-08-2010, 07:50 AM
Anyone think trading Lee Evans is a good option right now??

Poz51
10-08-2010, 07:59 AM
mock 2011 draft

1. andrew luck - qb
2. demarcus love - ot
3. austin pettis - wr
4. sam acho - de
5. greg salas - wr
6. tyrod taylor - qb
7. kyle adams - te

Would Love the first two picks (even more so if Sherrod fell instead of Love), then I start getting lost, Acho is a good idea but needs time, and having drafted Moats and Batten last year, that seems a bit lateral to me, but I do like his ability and potential. Pettis... Are we trading or cutting someone?? Same with Salas at WR... Van Dyke at corner in the fourth would be ok, but again, are we losing someone we already have? I just dont like Taylor, and dont know much about Adams. If our first three picks went like you have it then OT again in the third I would be much happier, maybe a guy like Boling if he fell...

SuperMcGee
10-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Pettis... Are we trading or cutting someone?? Same with Salas at WR...

er... would that be a problem?

Bills2083
10-08-2010, 02:50 PM

So are the Sabres games for me, since I have Dish Network!

Rob S
10-08-2010, 10:17 PM

I did my part. I shall be attending in person.

Bills2083
10-08-2010, 10:54 PM
So am I, Rob.
what section are you in?
I have seasons in 133

Rob S
10-09-2010, 12:41 AM
So am I, Rob.
what section are you in?
I have seasons in 133

not sure, my Dad said they were good though. i will try and let you know tm.

Rob S
10-09-2010, 09:34 AM
Buffalonians, help me out: What channel can I see the Sabres-Rangers game on tonight?

SuperMcGee
10-09-2010, 03:03 PM
MSG, I would think. (CH. 49 for me) But I'm going to it! **** your Rangers!

Rob S
10-09-2010, 08:13 PM
MSG, I would think. (CH. 49 for me) But I'm going to it! **** your Rangers!

This sexy beast wants to wish you a happy birthday, McGee:

http://ordinaryleastsquare.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c5af953ef01116904a8cf970c-350wi

redbills
10-09-2010, 09:26 PM
Going to miss game tomorrow, got Reds tickets. Will be the 1st Bills game I missed since we played PHI a few years back at the end of the year.

Rob S
10-09-2010, 11:42 PM
So am I, Rob.
what section are you in?
I have seasons in 133

I'm in 209.

The Unseen
10-10-2010, 04:56 PM
Good game guys.

Bills2083
10-10-2010, 06:18 PM
If today didn't show that Poz is a huge liability in coverage... I'm not sure what will.

Watching him try to go man-to-man is a joke.
On a side note, Chris Kelsay was matched up with the slot receivers a few times lol

Poz51
10-11-2010, 04:44 PM
If today didn't show that Poz is a huge liability in coverage... I'm not sure what will.

Watching him try to go man-to-man is a joke.
On a side note, Chris Kelsay was matched up with the slot receivers a few times lol

And who was he covering man to man, and where were they?
Was it Sims Walker in the end zone? Our ILB covering a WR man to man, please tell me that is not the play that your comment is about...

Kelsey... Now there's a joke...

SuperMcGee
10-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Nobody on the defense deserves to be defended, possibly save McKelvin.

This defense could use Bryan Scott healthy and starting over Whitner, among countless other needs.

Bills2083
10-11-2010, 06:08 PM
And who was he covering man to man, and where were they?
Was it Sims Walker in the end zone? Our ILB covering a WR man to man, please tell me that is not the play that your comment is about...

Kelsey... Now there's a joke...

There were many instances where Poz was covering Zach Miller, bit on the play-action, and had to chase Miller downfield. There were other instances where Poz was lined up on Miller and just got flat-out beat.

Those are the plays I was talking about.

And yes, I know it's extremely difficult to man-up on MJD, but it would have been nice to see him stop him, or deflect a pass once.

Morton
10-11-2010, 11:48 PM
Hey, I'm a Penn State fan and I was wondering how Aaron Maybin is doing on the Bills. I don't really get to watch any Bills games, but liked Maybin as a college player, and I'm kind of surprised that he hasn't really put up any stats after more than a year in the league already.

Those of you who watch Bills games: why is he struggling so far?

SuperMcGee
10-12-2010, 12:01 AM
He has minimal value in coverage and run defense. As a passrusher, he's pretty weak and still really doesn't have any moves, and trying to bolt wide around the tackle hasn't gotten him anything. I think he drew a holding call with a nice move inside this week, but there's not much to report. I think we'll see more of him as the lost season goes on. That is, if he can make himself noticeable.

Poz51
10-12-2010, 08:19 AM
There were many instances where Poz was covering Zach Miller, bit on the play-action, and had to chase Miller downfield. There were other instances where Poz was lined up on Miller and just got flat-out beat.

Those are the plays I was talking about.

And yes, I know it's extremely difficult to man-up on MJD, but it would have been nice to see him stop him, or deflect a pass once.

Although SuperMcgee may have a very valid point, one in that I am almost coming to the conclusion of myself, I am going to go ahead and defend two players.
First, Poz is not a man to man defender, my point before, and one I will stick with is that he is a run defender, who is best served in coverage dropping into zone coverage and reading and reacting. Edwards and Co. trying to man him up on people does nothing other than show they do not understand their personnel, or he is the only linebacker who is even capable of covering anyone on this team. His primary responsibility is the run, and on another day where the D was getting shredded on the ground, him biting on play actions and respecting the run first should not be surprising. Its not like Miller's 2 catches for 18 yards was that spectacular, why Poz was covering Sims-Walker is mind numbing, it had to be either blown coverage elsewhere or horrible schematic planning by the Bills coaching staff. If he is manning up on MJD we have already lost, there are corners in the league that can not do that. Watching the game Poz is all over the field and one of the few players on D that actually seems to know what is going on and understand the game IMO he is always around the ball or in on the play, and IMO is not a piece of the defense that needs to be replaced, just used properly, why are the OLB's and safeties not covering TE's man to man? In terms of coverage, why is a MLB covering the perimeter?
The second guy I would defend is Williams, who makes plays regardless of where he is, and I thought they did the right thing by kicking him out, and playing Troup more inside. I was also pleased to see Carrington on the field, shed two blocks and make a play for no, or minimal gain.

Rob S
10-19-2010, 10:25 AM
I hate this team so much. I used to at least like watching our terrible teams of years past. I can't even stand watching them play this year. It's brutal. My only hope for this year is avoiding 0-16 and seeing Gailey give Spiller more than 5 carries a game. I like Freddie and he gives us the best chance to win right now, but c'mon man.....get CJ the damn ball.

Vox Populi
10-21-2010, 04:22 PM
I went 5 years without missing more than 2 Bills games, I haven't watched them once this year...

Has nothing to do with how **** the team is, I just work on Sundays now, but I feel like its probably saving me a lot of rage and fuming hatred towards the Bills right now...

Rob S
10-21-2010, 04:53 PM
So, what are the chances that Gailey gets the sack?

I think if we go 0-16, there is a good chance he gets the boot. 1-15 or 2-14, there is a chance. I think 3-13 he is safe.

SuperMcGee
10-21-2010, 05:37 PM
3-13 would be a miracle.

Poz51
10-22-2010, 07:56 AM
So, what are the chances that Gailey gets the sack?

I think if we go 0-16, there is a good chance he gets the boot. 1-15 or 2-14, there is a chance. I think 3-13 he is safe.

ZERO... Ralph is already paying one lame duck coach, he's not going to pay another, he'll ride this one out another 2 years gauranteed... The chances of this team winning more than 2 games is about the same. Switching coaches and schemes and such for the last decade has really caused this team to hit rock bottom, I cant be the only one who knew this year was going to be this bad...

redbills
10-22-2010, 07:13 PM
in the forum mock moves so far.

Pick #1 QB Andrew Luck, Stanford

Baltimore Ravens send
Pick #90
Jared Gaither
Buffalo Bills send
Pick #33

fischbowl
10-24-2010, 04:33 PM
Some racist things were said at my house during overtime.

redbills
10-24-2010, 06:58 PM
I look forward to Ray Rice running for 180 yards and 3 TD's catching another 60 yards. (Fantasy Football). Nope I get ****, Ray does nothing and Bills lose.

Rosebud
10-24-2010, 07:57 PM
So is Mike Vick or Jared Gaither just wishful thinking? Or could Ralph actually approve of the team signing one of those two?

SuperMcGee
10-24-2010, 10:38 PM
Yeah, no sympathy for fantasy rooting against the Bills.

FitzpatVick > Real Vick

redbills
10-25-2010, 02:28 PM
I wasn't rooting against b-lo, I was just looking forwards to Ray having a huge day against what we call a D.

nofalcons10
10-25-2010, 07:55 PM
i noticed that james hardy was released from buffalo earlier this year.

can any fans here share their thoughts on whether hardy actually has potential and was his lack of success due to his injuries, playing behind other talented wrs, or did was he just a bad player?

fischbowl
10-25-2010, 10:16 PM

can any fans here share their thoughts on whether hardy actually has potential and was his lack of success due to his injuries, playing behind other talented wrs, or did was he just a bad player?

Hardy resided mostly on the PUP list during his time here.

Poz51
10-26-2010, 10:15 AM
So is Mike Vick or Jared Gaither just wishful thinking? Or could Ralph actually approve of the team signing one of those two?

If Ralph wants to win a Super Bowl before he passes he needs to consider such moves (something bold), but I doubt the Eagles let Vick go, and Gaither's back injury is very conserning now that he is out for the season, and I could see Ralph approving a one year deal, essentially a try out contract to see if he has healed next year, but no big time, lengthy deal. I put the odd's of either being on this team next year at about 1%.

Poz51
10-26-2010, 10:21 AM

Adding to fischbowl's comment, he couldnt get ahead of the other talented receivers on the team, and it appears as if he fell into the bad player category, injuries may have helped, and certainly did him no favors. He hasnt signed anywhere that I am aware of, and I think the Colts are the only team that thought about possibly trying him out, which says alot about a former second round pick.

redbills
10-26-2010, 08:14 PM
Buffalo Bills Moves (In the forum mock)

Trades
Buffalo Bills Send
2nd Round Pick 33
Baltimore Ravens Send
3rd Round Pick 90
OT Jared Gaither

Buffalo Bills Send
4th Round Pick 114
6th Round Pick
San Francisco 49ers Send
4th Round Pick 104

Draft
1st Round Pick 1 - QB, Andrew Luck, Stanford
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/6172/andrewluck.jpg (http://img233.imageshack.us/i/andrewluck.jpg/)http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/3829/luck.jpg (http://img545.imageshack.us/i/luck.jpg/)
3rd Round Pick 65 - OT, Matt Reynolds, BYU
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/5854/mattcsd.jpg (http://img251.imageshack.us/i/mattcsd.jpg/)http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/8716/mattro.jpg (http://img829.imageshack.us/i/mattro.jpg/)
3rd Round Pick 90 - WR, Austin Pettis, Boise State
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/9372/apettis.jpg (http://img823.imageshack.us/i/apettis.jpg/)http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/7934/apettisjer.jpg (http://img193.imageshack.us/i/apettisjer.jpg/)
4th Round Pick 97 - OLB, Steven Friday, Virginia Tech
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/7569/sfriday.jpg (http://img183.imageshack.us/i/sfriday.jpg/)http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/4525/sfridayje.jpg (http://img27.imageshack.us/i/sfridayje.jpg/)
4th Round Pick 104 - ILB, Casey Matthews, Oregon
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/1117/camatthews.jpg (http://img713.imageshack.us/i/camatthews.jpg/)http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/8356/caseyma.jpg (http://img808.imageshack.us/i/caseyma.jpg/)

Rosebud
10-26-2010, 08:24 PM
If Ralph wants to win a Super Bowl before he passes he needs to consider such moves (something bold), but I doubt the Eagles let Vick go, and Gaither's back injury is very conserning now that he is out for the season, and I could see Ralph approving a one year deal, essentially a try out contract to see if he has healed next year, but no big time, lengthy deal. I put the odd's of either being on this team next year at about 1%.

*shrug* Kolb's not that bad and management may make the decision for Reid by letting Vick walk. Gaither's back isn't why he's on IR, he's on IR because of his contract. McNeil has a well documented degenerative back problem and he got a big long term deal. Gaither's back isn't as big of a concern and he's better on the field.

Poz51
10-28-2010, 08:44 AM
*shrug* Kolb's not that bad and management may make the decision for Reid by letting Vick walk. Gaither's back isn't why he's on IR, he's on IR because of his contract. McNeil has a well documented degenerative back problem and he got a big long term deal. Gaither's back isn't as big of a concern and he's better on the field.

Eagles management could do that, and Vicks play and ability to stay healthy will have alot to do with the end result in Philly, although Kolb's consistancy IMO has not been "franchise" worthy.
As for Gaither from what I have read and heard, Gaither is the only one who knows truely what is going on. Is he using his "thoracic back injury" as a tool to get out of Baltimore and get paid? Is his personal doctor essentially being paid to give him an excuse? Why would they pay him almost $3 million just to do nothing?? His contract situation maybe the root of all evil in this situation, but his back is "official' reason why, and when combined with the possibility that he is using it immaturaly as an excuse to act like a child and get his way, is why I would not give him big time deal. In fact the whole situation with him has made me go sour on bringing him to Buffalo.
I am well aware of back injuries, having had plenty including herniated and slip discs, as well as having lumbar spinal stinosis myself (hereditary, narrowing of the spinal canal), and having played football through the college level. McNeil and and Gaither are two completely different entities in this and other respects. Stinosis can be handled different ways effectively, and disc injuries can be a totally different animal, where from my experience, are usually harder to come back from and be effective, depending on the injury itself.
McNeil's back problem has not caused a significant playing time loss, nor should it with the treatment options available, he just wanted to get paid what he was worth, and I dont blame him. Gaither COULD have a significant injury, that real or not HAS caused him to miss playing/practice time over the last two seasons, and before this season was an issue causing him to miss time as well, now he is on the IR, and there are question marks all around him now, so I would contend that Gaithers back(brain or advisors) is the bigger concern.

Poz51
10-28-2010, 08:49 AM
Buffalo Bills Moves (In the forum mock)]
Where is this mock going on?

redbills
10-28-2010, 09:14 PM
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=107

redbills
10-30-2010, 10:16 PM
Nix call Thaddeus Gibson now.

redbills
10-31-2010, 03:11 PM
you haven't won a game you have a chance to go for it on 4th and 6 with a 1st down ur in FG range and we punt it to net us 20 yards, good job!

redbills
10-31-2010, 03:26 PM
Lindell sucks so hard remember the CLE monday night game?

fischbowl
10-31-2010, 04:31 PM

53 Yard attempt into Arrowhead's infamous swirls....not an easy kick. But, yes, that Monday night game will forever be ingrained in my mind. Soooo drunk.

Splat
11-01-2010, 09:36 AM
Good game guys, the Bills fought hard.

Poz51
11-01-2010, 10:37 AM
Nix call Thaddeus Gibson now.

Even though I was not very high on him before the draft, I dont see why they would not bring him in and give him a look, I would rather see him out there then Kelsey myself...

Poz51
11-01-2010, 10:47 AM
Ok, so... How about starting a cut of the week post??

First nominee's...
My vote is for Marcus Stroud, showed up for his customary one play (1/2 a sack) this week, then rode off into the sunset, getting blocked out of nearly every play by one guy, and looking every bit of a 32 year-old has been...
Axe'em... Any thoughts....

fischbowl
11-01-2010, 11:36 AM
Akin Ayodele. Please, god, take Ayodele......

vidae
11-01-2010, 01:13 PM
Just wanted to say good game and good luck the rest of the way. The Bills remind me a lot of the Chiefs last year.. a lot of fight and a lot of guts, but just can't get a W.

It'll come though. You guys are playing too well to not notch a victory soon.

Vox Populi
11-01-2010, 01:24 PM

Yeah, I was at that game. It was fun as hell. 3 INT's in the first quarter, no passes thrown to anyone other than Lynch the rest of the game and letting Braylon Edwards do whatever the **** he wanted. Leodis having like 5 returns of 40 yards each and a TD. Letting lil' Jerome Harrison run like 80 yards. Such a roller coaster, train wreck of a game. It was awesome.

redbills
11-01-2010, 05:19 PM
Yeah, I was at that game. It was fun as hell. 3 INT's in the first quarter, no passes thrown to anyone other than Lynch the rest of the game and letting Braylon Edwards do whatever the **** he wanted. Leodis having like 5 returns of 40 yards each and a TD. Letting lil' Jerome Harrison run like 80 yards. Such a roller coaster, train wreck of a game. It was awesome.

I don't remeber **** : )
Only thing i remeber was telling a CLE fan by me "don't worry he'll miss it."

Poz51
11-02-2010, 02:52 PM
Akin Ayodele. Please, god, take Ayodele......

He's high on the list, in fact he could give Stroud a run for his money this week...

Poz51
11-03-2010, 04:18 PM
Who's got their Merriman Jersey ordered already?

Good or bad pick up?? Im thinking it could work out, if not its an acceptable risk for the season, anyone genuinely surprised? Concerned at all...

HoopsDemon12
11-03-2010, 10:30 PM
Who's got their Merriman Jersey ordered already?

Good or bad pick up?? Im thinking it could work out, if not its an acceptable risk for the season, anyone genuinely surprised? Concerned at all...

I was surprised to say the least with the pick-up. The way i see it, is that if he stays injury prone and doesn't produce we can easily cut him. On the chance he uses this to spark himself we may have one of the better pass rushing outside linebackers in the NFL, or at very least an upgrade over what we have now. I think it was a good call, though i don;t think the GM or Gailey will be there at the end of the season to see how it ended up.

Rob S
11-04-2010, 01:09 AM
I wasn't shocked with the Nix connection and I am fine with it. Virtually no risk with a high possible reward (albeit unlikely). Plus, our LB core can't get any worse, can it?

BTW, Rian Lindell is a damn good kicker for my money. He plays in harsh conditions week after week in the AFC East and Buffalo and has done a pretty damn good job in recent history. He sucked a few years back, but the guy is good now. Look at the good teams that struggle mightily with kickers. I will take Lindell any day of the week.

Also, provided we win a game, I don't see Gaily or Nix getting the ax. We are playing an exciting brand of football as of late and aren't getting walloped. That will buy them another year or 2. If we finish 0-16, that may be a different story.

Poz51
11-04-2010, 07:28 AM
I was surprised to say the least with the pick-up. The way i see it, is that if he stays injury prone and doesn't produce we can easily cut him. On the chance he uses this to spark himself we may have one of the better pass rushing outside linebackers in the NFL, or at very least an upgrade over what we have now. I think it was a good call, though i don;t think the GM or Gailey will be there at the end of the season to see how it ended up.

The "risk/reward" aspect of this signing is almost pure reward IMO, the money involved is not a factor, and if he some how recovers from the steroid free injury bug could provide a huge boost to the defensive front, if not nothing lost... Not sure why you think that Gailey or Nix will not be around next year?? They inherited a decade long mess, and removing them at this point prolongs the franchises misery, and despite lossing (which any realistic fan knew was in the making) they do seem to be improving, despite missing key personnel on both sides of the ball. I hope Luck comes out and we are in position to take him, our "Luck" is we win just enough to put ourselves out of the running, yes I have a "Luck Boner"... My fear is that Merriman becomes lights out again, generates a pass rush which renders our secondary usefull again, we win 2 or 3 games some how, and screw ourselves in the draft... Horrible to say, but we are not going anywhere and building through the draft is the direction they want to go, the higher the draft picks the better IMO...

I wasn't shocked with the Nix connection and I am fine with it. Virtually no risk with a high possible reward (albeit unlikely). Plus, our LB core can't get any worse, can it?

BTW, Rian Lindell is a damn good kicker for my money. He plays in harsh conditions week after week in the AFC East and Buffalo and has done a pretty damn good job in recent history. He sucked a few years back, but the guy is good now. Look at the good teams that struggle mightily with kickers. I will take Lindell any day of the week.

Also, provided we win a game, I don't see Gaily or Nix getting the ax. We are playing an exciting brand of football as of late and aren't getting walloped. That will buy them another year or 2. If we finish 0-16, that may be a different story.

I would agree with just about everything, the Nix connection made it a realistic possibility, and the risk is minimal at best.
I dont mind Lindell at all, despite managing to essentially misfire with his technique and kick something resembling a knuckle ball on his second attempt in OT, regardless he has been solid the last two years or so, and has been more consistant than the majority in the league right now...
I disagree that even if they go 0-16 it maybe a different story, these two will be around another season regardless, and two is very likely, building takes time, and rebuilding a decade long debacle takes time, and re-tooling the front office and coaching staff only prolongs the misery, and the rebuilding process.

HoopsDemon12
11-04-2010, 01:17 PM
The "risk/reward" aspect of this signing is almost pure reward IMO, the money involved is not a factor, and if he some how recovers from the steroid free injury bug could provide a huge boost to the defensive front, if not nothing lost... Not sure why you think that Gailey or Nix will not be around next year?? They inherited a decade long mess, and removing them at this point prolongs the franchises misery, and despite lossing (which any realistic fan knew was in the making) they do seem to be improving, despite missing key personnel on both sides of the ball. I hope Luck comes out and we are in position to take him, our "Luck" is we win just enough to put ourselves out of the running, yes I have a "Luck Boner"... My fear is that Merriman becomes lights out again, generates a pass rush which renders our secondary usefull again, we win 2 or 3 games some how, and screw ourselves in the draft... Horrible to say, but we are not going anywhere and building through the draft is the direction they want to go, the higher the draft picks the better IMO...

I just think if we don't win more than 2 games i can't see gailey sticking around. Nix i don't really have an oppinion for at this time, he can prove to be a great GM.

Gailey has a history of making bad calls and i just don't think is a good coach. We've been competing sure but i think in the long run he will return to his old form. I'm not expecting a winning team anytime soon but if we make a run at the end again and pick 11th... i may actually shed a tear

Poz51
11-09-2010, 10:32 AM
Last weeks cut of the week was a 50/50 tie, so no one got the ax... This week I re-nominate Stroud who again was invisable and did not even make his one play of the week, Ayodele is probably gonna stay with Davis out for the season, any other nominee's??

Rob S
11-09-2010, 05:33 PM
I would like to see Troup and Carrington get some starting action.

Carrington-----Troup------Williams

Lets see it, who the **** cares at this point. Lets see what we got.

Poz51
11-10-2010, 07:13 AM
I would like to see Troup and Carrington get some starting action.

Carrington-----Troup------Williams

Lets see it, who the **** cares at this point. Lets see what we got.

Right on brother, right on...

fischbowl
11-14-2010, 11:51 PM
Well, gentlemen, what exactly can we complain about today?

SuperMcGee
11-15-2010, 12:01 AM
Not a thing. At least I don't feel like it. A shame it wasn't sold out, but I had a fantastic stadium experience today. The tailgate had an aura of an optimism. It just felt like a winning day and it didn't come crashing down in the end, despite being very, very close to doing just that.

Really, I just feel like going over those last 14 seconds in my head for as long as I can and continuing to spew my undying love for Fred Jackson.

Victory!

Bills2083
11-15-2010, 12:12 AM
edit:nevermind

BufFan71
11-15-2010, 07:35 AM
my only gripes where to two overthrows of Steve Johnson that would have went for Td's

he also had the one he underthrew to Stevie

Poz51
11-15-2010, 07:50 AM
Well, gentlemen, what exactly can we complain about today?

Nothing... Maybe... Letting them back into... No, a win, no complaints today, no cuts :)

Vox Populi
11-16-2010, 03:12 AM
my only gripes where to two overthrows of Steve Johnson that would have went for Td's

he also had the one he underthrew to Stevie

Steve had two pretty ****** drops too. Thankfully he attoned for the second one by coming up big for like 20 yards on the very next play on third down.

Bills2083
11-16-2010, 09:32 AM
For next season, do we make our base D 3-4, or 4-3?
This decision will be a huge factor in how we run our draft/free-agency

Poz51
11-16-2010, 10:42 AM
For next season, do we make our base D 3-4, or 4-3?
This decision will be a huge factor in how we run our draft/free-agency

3-4, just keep adding personnel, particularly at LB, we just drafted Troup and Carrington. Edwards, Williams and Johnson can all be usefull pieces up front, we need a "thumper" next to Posluszny, and at least one OLB who can generate pressure, most likely two, and let Torbor be the back up/spot starter/ role player that he truely is. Either way the impact is great as you say, the draft and free agency hinge on it. I do think that they could easily go back to the 4-3, but they MUST decide one way or another, this hybrid crap just delay's developement and progress.

Rob S
11-17-2010, 10:53 PM
I think we have to go 3-4 or last years draft instantly becomes full of fail.

fischbowl
11-21-2010, 03:10 PM
Why so serious?

redbills
11-21-2010, 03:18 PM
lol, i love steve. but why are we winning better hope we don't get pick 2 and luck comes out and goes #1.

fischbowl
11-22-2010, 01:35 AM
Did a little alternative situation Bills mock when I was ****** up:

Key Free Agents:

Kevin Kolb, QB
Zac Diles, LB
Jeromey Clary, OT

Draft (assuming a #3-#5 range pick)

1) Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
2) Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
3) Lance Kendricks, TE, Wisconsin
4a) Johnny Patrick, CB, Louisville
4b) Greg Salas, WR, Hawaii
5) Alex Wujciak, MLB, Maryland
6) John Moffitt, G, Wisconsin
7) Mike Blanc, DE, Auburn
UDFA) Thomas Weber, K, Arizona State

no one circles the wagons quite like us

GB12
11-22-2010, 01:44 AM
Kolb isn't a free agent anymore. They gave him $10 million guaranteed to add one more year.

essential
11-22-2010, 02:17 AM
I really don't want Kolb. I'm hoping we land Newton somehow. Let him sit and develop, let Fitz keep playing. As long as the franchise QB is on the roster i'm good, but we can't pick this high and not take a QB. While I like Fitz, I don't want to be mid-next season wondering why we passed on a QB. If he plays well enough to keep Newton on the bench for 2-3 years, so be it, Rogers benefited from it.

Poz51
11-22-2010, 08:38 AM
Did anyone find the game delightfully entertaining while feeling the urge to fight back a hidden anger that winning was actually the worst thing for the franchise?? I loved every second of the second half but still managed to end being pissed off...

essential
11-22-2010, 11:25 AM
Did anyone find the game delightfully entertaining while feeling the urge to fight back a hidden anger that winning was actually the worst thing for the franchise?? I loved every second of the second half but still managed to end being pissed off...

I agree fully. My friends mock me because i'm swearing about draft position when we score TDs. If you're not making the playoffs, it's mostly about the draft for me, and while I want the games to be entertaining, I want losses.

I listen to local sports talk (wgr even though it sucks) and they talk about how they weren't even thinking about the draft, just enjoying the game, the moment. Well ... the good teams don't get caught up in the moment, they always are planning for the future. The Bills keep playing for the now, and keep doing just enough to possibly screw up their future. If we miss another stud by one draft spot i'm ganna rip my hair out.

SuperMcGee
11-22-2010, 12:54 PM
I can never not feel good about the Bills winning a game. 15 straight 5-11 season wouldn't change that.

Poz51
11-23-2010, 10:49 AM
I agree fully. My friends mock me because i'm swearing about draft position when we score TDs. If you're not making the playoffs, it's mostly about the draft for me, and while I want the games to be entertaining, I want losses.

I listen to local sports talk (wgr even though it sucks) and they talk about how they weren't even thinking about the draft, just enjoying the game, the moment. Well ... the good teams don't get caught up in the moment, they always are planning for the future. The Bills keep playing for the now, and keep doing just enough to possibly screw up their future. If we miss another stud by one draft spot i'm ganna rip my hair out.

Well said, I agree completely, and have been saying since the beginning of the season that this year is all about the future, we are not going to lure high end free agents, the only way this franchise builds is the same way they did in the mid to late 1980's , through the draft... I also will take entertaining losses...

I can never not feel good about the Bills winning a game. 15 straight 5-11 season wouldn't change that.

Would the pain of one 1-15 season be alleviated by a 12-4 season two years later with a 5-11 and 8-8 season sandwhiched inbetween?? It gets the darkest before dawn... Every franchise hits rock bottom, I can remember when New England, and Indianapolis were our punching bags, and when the Cowboys were 1-15. I hear you, and enjoyed the come back this weekend, was in Kentucky on saturday, and almost convinced my better half to go to the game sunday, but watching it at home sunday, my "eye on the future" did some serious twitching...

SuperMcGee
11-23-2010, 01:52 PM
I feel better that you can see them playing for their coach out there and playing for respect, especially after TO started jawing when Cincy was building their lead. At the moment, that means more to me than the repercussions of victory.

Poz51
11-24-2010, 08:45 AM
I feel better that you can see them playing for their coach out there and playing for respect, especially after TO started jawing when Cincy was building their lead. At the moment, that means more to me than the repercussions of victory.

First off, I truely understand where you are coming from, and understand what mean.
Flashback to 2001: Alex Van Pelt had one of the best games of his career, Travis Henry led the ground game in a riveting 4th quarter comeback that had all the Bills fans feeling good, and at that moment I cringed, and many of my fellow Bills said; "Who cares about the draft? We WON!!" (paraphrased). A good friend of mine and I knew that we would clearly be out of the running for the one dominate prospect of the draft, and more than likely the only other two we thought were worth a crap (as top five values). That year we beat the Panthers and Curtis Martin led Jets in a upset to win 2 of our last 5 games, there was hope for the future, we were not the worst team in the league, and fans rejoiced. Now I was wrong about Joey Harrington, although im not sure Detroit built around him anything but a losing formula, and come draft time we "miss" out on him, at the time one of our only top five values in that draft. The dominate prospect of the draft Julius Peppers, goes number two overall to those very same Panthers we beat by one point, and that victory fans felt so good about. Then we somehow pass on the only true left tackle (Yes Bryant McKinnie, two time all american, no sacks allowed in college career that included facing Dwight Freeney) prospect in three years to come in the draft for Mike Williams a right tackle. Since 2001 as you know we have not made the play-offs, both the Vikings and Panthers have three times each, with the Panthers making the Super Bowl, and the Vikings being with in one Brett Farve interception of doing the same. Amazingly enough ten years later a earily similar situation is playing out. Although, I am with you on the team playing for the coach and respect, with an never say die attitude now. I am not sure where that gets us? At half time of the game I told my wife, that Buffalo would win and she laughed at me, and said "you will be mad because of the draft." I said yes, I have seen this before... "At the moment" is the lack of forward thinking, forsight, whatever that has kept this team out of the play-offs for an entire decade of my life. I hope that Gailey has the team on the right track, and I am beginning to think he does. Nix I hope and pray adds the right pieces to allow them to continue to build on their momentum moving forward. Maybe Fitzpatrick is the answer at QB (I certainly want him to be a part of this team moving forward regardless) and things will work out for the better by not drafting #1 overall, please Buddha, Confucius, Jesus, Mohammed, Ra, Zeus and whomever else we can pray to, please let the future be brighter than the present, past and everything in between. But like I said: "I have seen this before." and nausea is the feeling taking over. Maybe this time will be different... Anyways, like I said: I found the game delightfully entertaining and enjoyed every moment of the second half, wish I was more convincing and could have been there.

Bills2083
11-24-2010, 03:27 PM
For the 2011-12 season and moving forward, do we have run primarily a 4-3 or the 3-4?
Also, I dont see us drafting 1st overall anymore, and would imagine by the time we pick, Luck will be off the board.

So, what do we do?

Rob S
11-24-2010, 07:58 PM
For the 2011-12 season and moving forward, do we have run primarily a 4-3 or the 3-4?
Also, I dont see us drafting 1st overall anymore, and would imagine by the time we pick, Luck will be off the board.

So, what do we do?

I think we need a QB, especially with no stud OT this year. You gotta think we will be top 5 though, so guys like AJ Green, Cam Newton, Jake Locker, Ryan Mallett, D'Quan Bowers, Nick Fairley will be in the discussion. Honestly, if we miss on Luck everything else is a huge fall off.........I say trade the farm.

essential
11-26-2010, 03:01 AM

So, what do we do?

I think we have to stay 3-4, or else last years draft will look real bad moving forward.

I may be in the minority of Bills fans, but I want Cam Newton, and I think he'll go top 10, maybe even top 5, by the time the draft rolls around. The main benefit of Fitz playing so well is we can do well next year if we have a good draft. Cam in the first, let him sit, then almost all defense, except for a RT in there somewhere. Let Fitz play as long as he wants, as long as the future is on the roster developing, and I think Cam will need some developing.

tenorx
11-27-2010, 08:28 AM
Hey guys!
Could you tell me how Demetrius Bell is doing?
As terrible as last year?

redbills
11-27-2010, 10:32 AM
Hey guys!
Could you tell me how Demetrius Bell is doing?
As terrible as last year?

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/11/24/1833085/bills-vs-bengals-notes-from-the-o-line-week-11

tenorx
11-27-2010, 11:43 AM
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/11/24/1833085/bills-vs-bengals-notes-from-the-o-line-week-11
Thanks, awesome site :)

SuperMcGee
11-27-2010, 04:40 PM
As expected, Merriman to IR without ever playing a game.

Now, for people that matter:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/03l94G27FReQh/610x.jpg

redbills
11-28-2010, 01:49 PM
boy lee is really worth that 9 mill a year. ******* ass hat.

redbills
11-28-2010, 03:18 PM
hey lee catch the fing ball.

redbills
11-28-2010, 03:23 PM
McLovin is going to be run out of buffalo.

redbills
11-28-2010, 03:43 PM
now who likes Steve J.?

SuperMcGee
11-28-2010, 03:56 PM
He's no David Nelson, but I'm not going to run him out of town. He's the goat today and for good reason. Hopefully some humility does him good.

Rob S
11-28-2010, 06:53 PM
5 drops? Jesus Christ. Get Serious.

Poz51
12-01-2010, 09:41 AM
I had a feeling mockers would mock the Bills Newton if they won themselves out of first place... Is it a reality, I know several Bills fans love the possibility, what is everyones thoughts? I am very much on the fence with the thought right now...

redbills
12-01-2010, 02:41 PM
same, not sure if I'd like him or not. he is a player that I'd really have to interview and check out some before making him a millionaire.

Rob S
12-02-2010, 02:11 PM
Cam Newton excites me greatly. Obviously interviews will be huge for him, but after Luck I think he is our best option. Especially considering how well Fitzy is playing, we can actually give him adequate time to develop and create a monster.

essential
12-02-2010, 03:56 PM
I've wanted Newton for a few weeks now, I think Fitz playing well would allow Cam to sit and learn. Fitz isn't a 10 year starter for me, but I'm fine letting him play 2-3 more years.

I'm really hoping Cam is a Bill next year.

Rob S
12-02-2010, 05:12 PM
I am developing a serious man crush on Cam Newton. Still holding out hope for Luck, but I see us winning at least one more game, possibly 2 or 3 so that would def. take us out of contention.

redbills
12-02-2010, 10:51 PM
Mock Offseason

Free Agent Pick Ups
QB Tyler Thigpen MIA
Gailey knows him well with their time in KC.
Would be a strong #2 or #3 QB.
OT Jared Gaither BAL
The big pick up in this free agent class.
ILB Brandon Siler SD
Solid 34 ILB. Has ties with Nix.

Draft
1st-DL Marcell Dareus Alabama
Worst run D in the NFL.
*1st-QB Cam Newton, Auburn
Can sit for 1 or 2 years with Fitz, then become a beast.
4th-OLB Steven Friday Virginia Tech
7.5 sacks for Tech this year good fit as OLB in the 34
4th-(SEA)-OLB Cliff Matthews South Carolina
Another OLB for a team in need of 'em.
5th-ILB Casey Matthews Oregon
Not as good as big brother but is a blue collar player
6th-CB Mario Butler Georgia Tech
Depth
7th-TE Zach Pianalto North Carolina
Depth

*Trade back into bottom of R1. 2nd + 3rd + Terrence McGee

Depth Chart
QB - Ryan Fitzpatrick , Tyler Thigpen , Cam Newton
RB - Fred Jackson , C.J. Spiller , Quinton Ganther
FB - Corey McIntyre
TE - Jonathan Stupar, Shawn Nelson , Zach Pianalto
WR1 - Lee Evans , David Nelson
WR2 - Steve Johnson , Marcus Easley
Slot - Roscoe Parrish , Donald Jones
LT - Jared Gaither , Ed Wang
LG - Andy Levitre , Kraig Urbik
C - Geoff Hangartner , Eric Wood
RG - Eric Wood , Kraig Urbik , Cordaro Howard
RT - Demeterius Bell , Ed Wang
At QB we let Fitz keep playing while adding a young QB who knows the HC, and a player that could become great. RB see no reason to add anthing unless we upgrade the 3rd back. WR we get Easly back so that is like adding a player. Gaither is a health risk but we need a LT. Could add a vet. depth on the inside but stick with the youth for now.

DE - Dwan Edwards , Alex Carrington , Spencer Johnson
NT - Kyle Williams , Torell Troup
DE - Marcell Dareus , Marcus Stroud
OLB - Antonio Coleman , Cliff Matthews , Danny Batten
ILB - Paul Posluszny , Casey Matthews
ILB - Brandon Siler , Andra Davis
OLB - Arthur Moats , Steven Friday
CB - Drayton Florence , Leodis McKelvin , Reggie Corner , Ashton Youboty , Mario Butler
SS - Donte Whitner , Bryan Scott
FS - Jairus Byrd , George Wilson

Needed another player on the D-Line and Dareus is that guy. Added a lot at LB but we need it. Let the guys with a year in the scheme start untill the rookies get it. We get Danny Batten back from injury so it's like adding another guy in the LB core. We move McGee because he can't stay healthy.

KR - C.J. Spiller , Leodis McKelvin
PR - Roscoe Parrish , C.J. Spiller
K - Rian Lindell
P - Brian Moorman
LS - Garrison Sanborn

Poz51
12-03-2010, 08:01 AM
same, not sure if I'd like him or not. he is a player that I'd really have to interview and check out some before making him a millionaire.

The situation with his father concerns me greatly, medling father? His maturity and issues with his situation at Florida as well. J. Russell when the money hits the bank? From what Ive seen, his passion for football should stem that, and Russell had no passion at LSU like I see from Newton... Plenty to evaluate and look into though, cant make the pick on percieved talent alone.

Cam Newton excites me greatly. Obviously interviews will be huge for him, but after Luck I think he is our best option. Especially considering how well Fitzy is playing, we can actually give him adequate time to develop and create a monster.

He certainly brings plenty of excitement to the table, as well as talent, and has a very high ceiling. I agree Luck #1 option, Cam #2? Ill take some heat for this but, right now I agree, but check back with me after the Senior Bowl, which could help Locker challenge that thought... Newton with some time to watch and learn certainly could be a different animal though...

I've wanted Newton for a few weeks now, I think Fitz playing well would allow Cam to sit and learn. Fitz isn't a 10 year starter for me, but I'm fine letting him play 2-3 more years.

I'm really hoping Cam is a Bill next year.

You certainly are not alone... Im going to be listening very intently to what the front office says this off season regarding Fitzy though, Ideally I would like to address a couple of positions outside of QB, and if they go BPA I could see them passing on it this year, or trading up into the first again to take something else than nab someone who falls, although I am losing confidence in M. Dareus, I could see something like redbills has happening, although I dont think D-line is as big a need as others do when you factor in last years draft...

Rob S
12-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Damn, I really want Cam Newton. It's to the point where I would almost be disappointed if we got Luck. I mean, I def. prefer Luck, but I just pretty much have a constant boner when watching Cam play.

Rob S
12-04-2010, 06:55 PM
Damn, I really want Cam Newton. It's to the point where I would almost be disappointed if we got Luck. I mean, I def. prefer Luck, but I just pretty much have a constant boner when watching Cam play.

So, yeah.......Cam is so the #2 QB imo.

redbills
12-05-2010, 12:27 PM
okay, Steve needs a pair of new hands.

SuperMcGee
12-05-2010, 12:33 PM
okay, Steve needs a pair of new hands.

Just don't take DrayFlo's

redbills
12-05-2010, 12:44 PM
I'd tell McLovin he can go tp the locker room.

redbills
12-05-2010, 12:54 PM
Hey DBell, might want to try and block Allen. Just a thought.

Bills2083
12-05-2010, 01:21 PM
LOL at this team.
We're an embarassment.
Fitzpatrick turns the ball over at least once every single game.

Somebody please buy some jugs machines for Johnson and all of our defensive backs. They may as well be playing with rocks for hands

http://shop.worldsportinggoods.com/images/Football-Machine-Gen11.jpg

essential
12-06-2010, 12:19 PM

Is it wrong that I want Cam more than Luck? I'm not as sold on Luck as the rest of the world, and I just think with Gailey, Cam would be so much more exciting to watch for the next 10-15 years as a Bills fan.

I almost don't want the first overall pick because I think the pressure to take Luck might be too great, but if we are #2 i'd take Newton in an instant.

essential
12-12-2010, 10:35 AM
i hope one of those sites streams the Bills game today. blackouts suck.

redbills
12-12-2010, 04:04 PM
Good
I get to talk **** at work / Not hear it
Bad
Move down in the draft

essential
12-12-2010, 04:54 PM
well, detroit won, and arizona might win, this might not hurt is too much, but we are def ganna drop a spot or two. meaningless win.

Bills2083
12-12-2010, 05:57 PM
1.) Carolina
2.) Cincinnati
3.) Detroit
4.) Denver
5.) Buffalo
6.) Arizona

This is what it would look like if Arizona beats Denver

SuperMcGee
12-12-2010, 06:04 PM
well, detroit won, and arizona might win, this might not hurt is too much, but we are def ganna drop a spot or two. meaningless win.

Meant something to me. **** off, Cleveland! Woo!

Vox Populi
12-12-2010, 09:50 PM
Meant something to me. **** off, Cleveland! Woo!

Agreed. Pay back for the past few years where they've beat us. That snow game, the monday night game, the game last year.

Poz51
12-13-2010, 11:20 AM
Great win yesterday... Anyone else feel like these "quality" wins against "quality" opponents besides making us feel good, are actually costing us in terms of the future? I am not sure desides building some momentum going into next year what this really does for us...

Vox Populi
12-13-2010, 05:06 PM
Great win yesterday... Anyone else feel like these "quality" wins against "quality" opponents besides making us feel good, are actually costing us in terms of the future? I am not sure desides building some momentum going into next year what this really does for us...

I don't really care tbqh. IF we can't get talented players to produce with the 5th overall pic we're ****** anyways.

fischbowl
12-13-2010, 10:26 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5908782

fischbowl
12-18-2010, 11:55 PM
Forum Mock so far:

1) Jake Locker, QB, Washington
2) Lance Kendricks, TE, Wisconsin
3) Vinny Curry, OLB, Marshall

Veteran Acquisitions:

OLB Paul Kruger
OT Oniel Cousins
DE/OLB Mark Anderson

critesy
12-19-2010, 12:10 AM
antonio coleman play much for ya guys ?

fischbowl
12-19-2010, 12:13 AM
antonio coleman play much for ya guys ?

Started a couple weeks ago. Love him but he was put on IR.

It was odd that the rookie I was most excited for this year was indeed a UDFA, and it was Antonio Coleman

essential
12-19-2010, 02:19 AM
the Bengals very well might be looking at QBs now, i think that Browns win not only took us out of the Luck sweepstakes, but i think Newton may be gone before we pick as well. i would not at all surprised to see Newton go top 3, and we will no longer be picking in there.

redbills
12-19-2010, 09:44 AM
Forum Mock so far:

1) Jake Locker, QB, Washington
2) Lance Kendricks, TE, Wisconsin
3) Vinny Curry, OLB, Marshall

Veteran Acquisitions:

OLB Paul Kruger
OT Oniel Cousins
DE/OLB Mark Anderson

If we take Locker at 5 and pay him all that money I'll punch Nix in the nuts.
Lance, imo will just be a avg. all around TE.
Curry, in R3 that is the highest I've seen him.

Kruger hasn't done anything in BAL.
Oniel, meh, is he better then what we have a RT? Sure but not by much.
Mark hasn't done anything since his rookie year.

SuperMcGee
12-19-2010, 12:03 PM
Started a couple weeks ago. Love him but he was put on IR.

It was odd that the rookie I was most excited for this year was indeed a UDFA, and it was Antonio Coleman

Week 15 and the UDFA are still the most intriguing. David Nelson time!

Let's get Naaman some work, too.

fischbowl
12-19-2010, 09:39 PM
If we take Locker at 5 and pay him all that money I'll punch Nix in the nuts.
Lance, imo will just be a avg. all around TE.
Curry, in R3 that is the highest I've seen him.

Kruger hasn't done anything in BAL.
Oniel, meh, is he better then what we have a RT? Sure but not by much.
Mark hasn't done anything since his rookie year.

I was rushed for a pick last night, so I would've picked Ballard, but I was hammered and just got home from seeing the best Weezer concert ever....

I forgot he was still around...

It should have been like this:

1) Locker
2) Ballard
3) Kendricks

I do stand behind my Locker pick 100%, in my opinion, he's the best behind Luck.

Rosebud
12-24-2010, 01:22 AM
I was rushed for a pick last night, so I would've picked Ballard, but I was hammered and just got home from seeing the best Weezer concert ever....

I forgot he was still around...

It should have been like this:

1) Locker
2) Ballard
3) Kendricks

I do stand behind my Locker pick 100%, in my opinion, he's the best behind Luck.

I'm with you there. I think Locker is absolutely perfect for the Bills. If he works out he's a perfect fit for what Gailey can do and with Fitzy they've got the time to be patient with him so that he does work out. Plus he's a smart guy who'll learn quickly from another crafty QB in Fitzy. With Locker, Freddie, Spiller, Steve Johnson and a solid interior OL that offense has some pieces. Add a good OT and a #1 WR and that offense could become deadly. The D still needs help at DE and OLB, but I'm a fan of Troup, Carrington, Kyle Williams, Moats, Coleman, the McTwins and Byrd. So given the 2 years it'll take Locker to really start carrying that team I think the Bills could put together a good team around him provided the draft well. Ballard would've been a great second round pick since I could see a Ballard-Troup-Carrington DL with KW getting snaps all around starting for the Bills for a long time.

Vox Populi
12-24-2010, 10:43 PM
The issue I have with drafting Locker is I don't think he should be drafted any sooner than a guy like Josh Freeman was and the Bills are going to be picking in that 5-10 range. I think Locker is a top 10 talent, and has more physical ability than Andrew Luck, but I really think as a quarter back he is the worst out of Luck, Newton or Mallett.

Right now the draft order is:

1. Carolina (2-12) - Good chance they take Andrew Luck
2. Denver (3-11) - Won't pick a QB
3. Cincinnati (3-11) - Possibility they go with Luck/Newton although I don't see them taking a QB
4. Arizona (4-10) - I can see them pulling the trigger on any of the big 4 QB's here
5. Detroit (4-10) - Won't pick a QB
6. Buffalo (4-10)

So at 6th overall, there is a chance we could be taking the first QB off the board or the fourth QB off the board, its really an awkward situation to be in for the Bills assuming they actually want to draft a QB in the first round.

My personal opinion, if the Bills want a QB at all and have at least two of them rated as worthy of a top 5 selection, the team NEEDS to trade up with the Broncos BEFORE draft day at all costs. Sitting at #2 overall they either get a consolation prize at QB which has already been decided for them based on their draft board if Carolina takes a QB. OR they get their pick of the best QB's if Carolina decides to go in another direction.

The reason they need to trade up before draft day is simple. If the Panthers decide to pass on Andrew Luck, we have to assume that the #2 pick becomes abundantly more valuable to teams in need of a QB. This will make it nearly impossible for the Bills to move up to #2 without giving up a lot, which the team can't really afford.

I think that the Bills could get away with trading their 1st, 3rd and next year's 2nd round pick to get the Bronco's pick and when you think about it, that isn't giving up much at all. The Bills still get two top 40 picks this year and only lose a 2nd round pick next year. Even if it were a 1st, 2nd and next year's 2nd that still sounds like a good deal to get:
a. the top QB in the draft
b. the 2nd best QB in the draft of our choice

instead of waiting and seeing what falls to us, and if the QB's that we wanted don't fall to us, we end up taking some other position (which I consider to be the most likely scenario if the Bills stay at #6 overall or behind the teams currently picking ahead of them).

fischbowl
12-27-2010, 11:46 AM
What would you all think of Colin Kaepernick as a mid round QB possibility?

Rob S
12-28-2010, 09:52 PM

I kinda like him, but we don't need a mid round QB imo. We need a franchise QB or we shouldn't waste picks on one.

essential
12-29-2010, 12:00 AM

I have no problem with them drafting any QB mid-round, Kaepernick, Devlin, Ponder ... as long as we get one in the first as well. I don't want to go into next year with Fitz and a mid-rounder, however i'm fine taking a flyer on Kaepernick or someone like him in the mid round and developing him with Newton/Mallett/Locker.

fischbowl
12-29-2010, 09:27 AM
I have no problem with them drafting any QB mid-round, Kaepernick, Devlin, Ponder ... as long as we get one in the first as well. I don't want to go into next year with Fitz and a mid-rounder, however i'm fine taking a flyer on Kaepernick or someone like him in the mid round and developing him with Newton/Mallett/Locker.

With all our needs, there is no point in taking two QBs

SuperMcGee
12-29-2010, 05:31 PM
Yeah, spend the mid-pick somewhere else and let Levi run around in the 3rd role. I like Kaepernick more, but it's not worth it.

Poz51
01-04-2011, 11:26 AM

I kinda like him, but we don't need a mid round QB imo. We need a franchise QB or we shouldn't waste picks on one.

Im with Rob, despite liking Colin K, I think its a franchise guy or no one at QB this year.

Poz51
01-05-2011, 09:01 AM
What unrestricted free agents do we re-sign, and who can we let go?

ILB - Paul Posluszny - Re-sign, 3rd in the league in combined tackles, 4th in solo tackles, he's our ILB, not our coverage OLB. Why create another need?
ILB - Keith Ellison - Let go, playing in the wrong scheme (although he provides depth for the 4-3 looks they will apparently keep for next year).
DE - John McCargo - Let go, this should be a obvious.
CB - Drayton Florence - Re-sign, Mcgee is 30 and declining physically, McKelvin had a rough year, solid #2 starter, depth.
CB - Ashton Youboty - Let go, injury prone career so far, not lived up to expectations.
S - Donte Whitner - Let go, 5th combined tackler, tied for 9th in solo tackles, hard to let that go, coverage? Iffy, combine that with the money he is asking for, his squeaky clean locker, and George Wilson being better in coverage and a solid tackler...
S- George Wilson - Re-sign, new starter about half the cost.
OT - Mansfield Wrotto - Let go, could bring back for depth, no push, decent in pass pro. 51/49 on him, could resign for depth.

I know there are more, just wanted to hear some initial thoughts, particualrly on the defensive side of the ball...

Vox Populi
01-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Ellison, McCargo, Youboty are all gone. We'll offer Whitner something but hes going to test the market no matter what unless we franchise him. Hes been open about wanting to see whats out there.

Posluszny will definitely be offered a nice contract but I could see him seeing whats out there if he really wants to win right now. Wilson will get re-signed for sure, probably Florence as well. Wrotto might see if he can get some OL starved team to give him a better contract, but if nothings there for him I have a feeling we'll bring him back before camp no matter what, at least as a body.

NotRickJames
01-06-2011, 02:41 AM
Fitzmagic's beard is gone. Seriously, Fitz? I've stuck my neck out for you all year and this is how you do me? RIP to the beard. It shall never be topped.

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/sports/bills_and_nfl/Fitzpatricks-beard-is-now-history

essential
01-06-2011, 03:03 AM
What unrestricted free agents do we re-sign, and who can we let go?

ILB - Paul Posluszny - Re-sign, 3rd in the league in combined tackles, 4th in solo tackles, he's our ILB, not our coverage OLB. Why create another need?
ILB - Keith Ellison - Let go, playing in the wrong scheme (although he provides depth for the 4-3 looks they will apparently keep for next year).
DE - John McCargo - Let go, this should be a obvious.
CB - Drayton Florence - Re-sign, Mcgee is 30 and declining physically, McKelvin had a rough year, solid #2 starter, depth.
CB - Ashton Youboty - Let go, injury prone career so far, not lived up to expectations.
S - Donte Whitner - Let go, 5th combined tackler, tied for 9th in solo tackles, hard to let that go, coverage? Iffy, combine that with the money he is asking for, his squeaky clean locker, and George Wilson being better in coverage and a solid tackler...
S- George Wilson - Re-sign, new starter about half the cost.
OT - Mansfield Wrotto - Let go, could bring back for depth, no push, decent in pass pro. 51/49 on him, could resign for depth.

I know there are more, just wanted to hear some initial thoughts, particualrly on the defensive side of the ball...

i'd keep Florence and Youboty. Youboty is good when healthy and should come cheap. I'd like Eric Hagg to be our starting SS this year, but would understand the resigning of Wilson as a team leader. Wrotto is good depth if he comes cheap.

Whitner, Ellison, and McCargo are gone. Poz i can do without, but also wouldn't mind if it was a team friendly contract, i wouldn't overpay to keep him, rather draft Dont'a Hightower to run the defense, but you do need two ILB's so it could work.

SuperMcGee
01-06-2011, 03:15 AM
Youboty hasn't shown anything in 5 years that makes him worth re-signing. Might not be an awful player, but very replaceable.

You know we're going to give Poz a lot of money.

fischbowl
01-06-2011, 07:24 AM
It would be smart to resign Wrotto. He's a Georgia Tech product familiar with Gailey's system who certainly has played well this year.

Poz51
01-06-2011, 08:25 AM
Poz i can do without, but also wouldn't mind if it was a team friendly contract, i wouldn't overpay to keep him, rather draft Dont'a Hightower to run the defense, but you do need two ILB's so it could work.

Please dont take this the wrong way. He has stated that he wants to stay, has not made any ridiculous contract demands (publically, Whitner who?), is one of the best tacklers in the league, on one of the worst defenses in the league (although I do believe it is up a coming), and replace him? Not only replace him, but do so with a rookie, who has no career impact plays in college, has more assist tackles than solo career in college, and let this rookie lead the defense? I like Hightower as a mid round possibility, and compliment to Poz, but not as a replacement to a productive piece of the defense, thus creating another hole. IMO that is not even a lateral move. I was up in W.N.Y. last week and between the Buff and the Rock, almost lost my mind with some of the fans bashing Poz, is he Ray Lewis, Mayo or Willis, no, is he that far behind them? No, but those other players also have much better pieces infront of and/or next to them. I gaurantee that if there wasnt the stupid 30% uncapped pay increase crap in place this year, Poz would already have signed an extension. "He cant cover!!" He is an ILB, who's job is to tackle, which he does very well, again know your personel, "He had no picks this year!!" Neither did Mayo, Willis, Greenway, or Jones, all top ten in tackles, 2 pro bowlers. All will be with their teams next year, unless the Bengals deem Jones too old, and move Rey-Rey into the middle where he belongs... Yet people outside of WNY, constantly talk about how under rated and good he is... He is just entering the prime of his career, and wants to be a part of the rebuilding process, and wants to be a part of this team...
As for Hagg, I like him as a SS, but think he needs time to adjust to the pro-game, but if we resign Wilson, and have Scott as depth, do we need him??

Poz51
01-06-2011, 08:29 AM
It would be smart to resign Wrotto. He's a Georgia Tech product familiar with Gailey's system who certainly has played well this year.

What do you think about drafting a tackle early? You have a good point about Wrotto, do you think he's an asset in the run game?

essential
01-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Please dont take this the wrong way. He has stated that he wants to stay, has not made any ridiculous contract demands (publically, Whitner who?), is one of the best tacklers in the league, on one of the worst defenses in the league (although I do believe it is up a coming), and replace him? Not only replace him, but do so with a rookie, who has no career impact plays in college, has more assist tackles than solo career in college, and let this rookie lead the defense? I like Hightower as a mid round possibility, and compliment to Poz, but not as a replacement to a productive piece of the defense, thus creating another hole. IMO that is not even a lateral move. I was up in W.N.Y. last week and between the Buff and the Rock, almost lost my mind with some of the fans bashing Poz, is he Ray Lewis, Mayo or Willis, no, is he that far behind them? No, but those other players also have much better pieces infront of and/or next to them. I gaurantee that if there wasnt the stupid 30% uncapped pay increase crap in place this year, Poz would already have signed an extension. "He cant cover!!" He is an ILB, who's job is to tackle, which he does very well, again know your personel, "He had no picks this year!!" Neither did Mayo, Willis, Greenway, or Jones, all top ten in tackles, 2 pro bowlers. All will be with their teams next year, unless the Bengals deem Jones too old, and move Rey-Rey into the middle where he belongs... Yet people outside of WNY, constantly talk about how under rated and good he is... He is just entering the prime of his career, and wants to be a part of the rebuilding process, and wants to be a part of this team...
As for Hagg, I like him as a SS, but think he needs time to adjust to the pro-game, but if we resign Wilson, and have Scott as depth, do we need him??

i don't want to build my team around players who are better leaders than players. Poz doesn't make plays, i'm not going to give him a big contract and make him the rock of my defense. he can stay for a decent contract, but i'm not breaking the bank. he is easily pushed around and blocked out of plays. i've watched him take himself out of a lot of plays with poor angles, especially at the line. he can't get off a block to save his life. i think anyone playing MLB in our defense would have his tackles. he's a good guy, i don't hate him, but he is not a playmaker, and yes I think Hightower is, and would be a steal in the 3rd, another year after his knee injury he should just be overcoming the mental hurdles and get completely back to form. he was thought of as being better than McClain prior to his knee injury. i don't see letting Poz go as creating another hole, i see it as an opportunity to find a playmaker. i guess at worst i see Hightower being able to do the same thing as Poz, as a rookie.

and yes, I'd still want Hagg. he is a playmaker, which is what i'm looking for. Wilson makes some plays, and Scott is good depth, but Hagg is athletic enough to stay with TE's, big enough to play close to the line if needed. he's a great hybrid S, and def has the potential to start. Whitner won't be back so we need another S anyway, why not Hagg?

Poz51
01-07-2011, 08:03 AM
i don't want to build my team around players who are better leaders than players. Poz doesn't make plays, i'm not going to give him a big contract and make him the rock of my defense. he can stay for a decent contract, but i'm not breaking the bank. he is easily pushed around and blocked out of plays. i've watched him take himself out of a lot of plays with poor angles, especially at the line. he can't get off a block to save his life. i think anyone playing MLB in our defense would have his tackles. he's a good guy, i don't hate him, but he is not a playmaker, and yes I think Hightower is, and would be a steal in the 3rd, another year after his knee injury he should just be overcoming the mental hurdles and get completely back to form. he was thought of as being better than McClain prior to his knee injury. i don't see letting Poz go as creating another hole, i see it as an opportunity to find a playmaker. i guess at worst i see Hightower being able to do the same thing as Poz, as a rookie.

and yes, I'd still want Hagg. he is a playmaker, which is what i'm looking for. Wilson makes some plays, and Scott is good depth, but Hagg is athletic enough to stay with TE's, big enough to play close to the line if needed. he's a great hybrid S, and def has the potential to start. Whitner won't be back so we need another S anyway, why not Hagg?

You have actually sold me on looking more into Hagg, I have not seen enough to agree/disagree about him being able to stay with TE's, but should that be the case, I am in...
As for Poz, he has not asked to break the bank, nor is it my belief that will try to do so. For not making plays, I look at Mayo and Willis over the last three years (who I believe are the top two, if not, clearly top five ILB's in the league) as a comparison. Playmakers do what? I would say make solo tackles, force fumbles, intercept passes, sack QBs, and TD's... Anything else you think I will analyse as well. Solo Tackles FF INT Sacks TDs
Mayo 284 3 0 3.5 0
Willis 324 6 4 10 2
Poz 277 4 4 3 0
Willis IMO is the terminator of ILB's right now, I still wish we had gotten him instead of Poz. In terms of playmaking stats, I would content that Poz is a better playmaker than Mayo having one more FF, and 4 more INT's, and 7 fewer solo tackles, and 1/2 less sack. Mayo also plays behind Wilfork (pro-bowl) who is one of the top NT's in the league if not the best, Willis behind Franklin (franchise tag, one of the best) and Smith (pro-bowler, one of the best 3-4 ends in the game), which allows both of them to cleanly make plays untouched. Offensive lineman who lock into any linebacker usually win, the problem with that and Poz is he is constantly dodging Olineman, because the dline is not doing its job occupying the oline. There is not one linebacker in the league who does not take a poor angle occasionally. I will submit to your side of this disagreement if you can tell me how a guy who, is easily pushed around and blocked out of plays, takes himself out of a lot of plays with poor angles, especially at the line, and can't get off a block to save his life is the 3rd overall tackler in the league, and 4th in solo tackles... Just last year Poz tied for the league lead for INT's by a ILB (with 3, having the same # of picks in 09' as E. Reed and T. Polamalu that year, just saying), now he's not a playmaker, because they changed schemes, and have him running around covering TE's and Backs as a ILB? And the dline is still developing and not eating up blocks like they should be... Again, we are going to replace production with a guy who "was thought to be better than McClain" yet has proved nothing, with less "playmaking" production than either Poz or McClain in college. Hightower has proved next to nothing at the college level other than he has talent, and can make more assists than solo tackles... But he can come in and be a top five tackler in the NFL, with little resembling a defensive line infront of him?? He is not even the rock of his own defense...

BmoreBlackByrdz
01-13-2011, 08:50 PM
hey guys, what can you tell me about James Hardy? your former 2nd round draft pick.

redbills
01-15-2011, 11:49 AM
he sucked. (10)

BuffaloBillsFan
01-16-2011, 04:19 PM
Alright, I just got off the phone with Buddy Nix, he just shared with me his early mock draft for the new year, don't shoot the messenger!!

1.) Marcell Dareus, DE, Alabama
2.) Gabe Carimi, RT, Wisconsin
3.) Tank Carder, ILB, TCU

Buddy Nix & Chan the Man have their sights locked on these three beef cakes, our team will surely be better with the arrival of these three. :)

Bills2083
01-16-2011, 05:04 PM
I would love if that is how the first 3 rounds went... We just need to make sure we get a rush OLB in FA or the draft

Poz51
01-18-2011, 11:55 AM
Alright, I just got off the phone with Buddy Nix, he just shared with me his early mock draft for the new year, don't shoot the messenger!!

1.) Marcell Dareus, DE, Alabama
2.) Gabe Carimi, RT, Wisconsin
3.) Tank Carder, ILB, TCU

Buddy Nix & Chan the Man have their sights locked on these three beef cakes, our team will surely be better with the arrival of these three. :)

If Carder declares that would not be a bad draft...

Poz51
01-18-2011, 11:56 AM
hey guys, what can you tell me about James Hardy? your former 2nd round draft pick.

he sucked. (10)

Pretty much sums it up... One nice catch for a TD, lots of disappointment.

redbills
01-22-2011, 11:49 AM
scott new mock has us taking von miller at 3. if we do that i'll fly to one bills drive and punch nix in the nuts.

OTcoach
01-28-2011, 11:04 AM
If he's there, Jake Locker should be our pick at 3.

redbills
01-28-2011, 05:16 PM
lol, no fing way.

Rob S
01-28-2011, 05:24 PM
I think at 3, unless it's Newton and you think he will be great, QB is out. For me, it's one of four: Fairley, Quinn, Bowers, Green. Maybe someone sneaks in after Senior Bowl or combine, but I think thats a good group.

EDIT: Dareus too actually. Forgot about him for some reason.

freebirdsrams02
01-28-2011, 07:34 PM
How has Aaron Maybin done for you guys. Do you think the Bills would be better drafting a QB or trying to trade for a guy like Carson Palmer or pick up a QB in Free Agency.

SuperMcGee
01-28-2011, 09:31 PM
Draft would be the only option to replacing Fitz. No real point in bringing in a veteran, especially at the cost of draft picks. Having said that, we're in a very iffy spot to be drafting a QB in this draft. It's far from ruled out, but I pretty much agree with what Rob said in the post above yours.

Maybin has done nothing. Period. He was buried behind slower, older guys and a couple of late/undrafted pass rushers. Just has not been an effective football player.

Bills2083
01-28-2011, 11:14 PM
Draft would be the only option to replacing Fitz. No real point in bringing in a veteran, especially at the cost of draft picks. Having said that, we're in a very iffy spot to be drafting a QB in this draft. It's far from ruled out, but I pretty much agree with what Rob said in the post above yours.

Maybin has done nothing. Period. He was buried behind slower, older guys and a couple of late/undrafted pass rushers. Just has not been an effective football player.

Also, he doesn't even play on special teams.
He is horrendous

fischbowl
01-29-2011, 02:20 AM
How has Aaron Maybin done for you guys. Do you think the Bills would be better drafting a QB or trying to trade for a guy like Carson Palmer or pick up a QB in Free Agency.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/jerry-sullivan/article233377.ece

Poz51
02-01-2011, 10:38 AM
If he's there, Jake Locker should be our pick at 3.

What?? Are you serious?

Poz51
02-01-2011, 10:41 AM
I think at 3, unless it's Newton and you think he will be great, QB is out. For me, it's one of four: Fairley, Quinn, Bowers, Green. Maybe someone sneaks in after Senior Bowl or combine, but I think thats a good group.

EDIT: Dareus too actually. Forgot about him for some reason.

I'd take Quinn out of the equation and insert Peterson personally, Fairley, Dareus, Green, Peterson, Bowers if its not Newton in no particular order. No to Quinn, because missing a year raises too many red flags for me.

Poz51
02-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Also, he doesn't even play on special teams.
He is horrendous

Part of the McShay hype train... Blaine Gabbert who?

Poz51
02-01-2011, 10:49 AM
Are Red and myself the only one not buying the Von Miller at 3 crap Scott started and nearly every poster has continued since?? Does anyone else see the gigantic f'ing hole at TE either?

Cheesus
02-01-2011, 11:00 AM
Are Red and myself the only one not buying the Von Miller at 3 crap Scott started and nearly every poster has continued since?? Does anyone else see the gigantic f'ing hole at TE either?

I'm also not buying into Von Miller at 3. I don't think you take a linebacker, let alone a 3-4 pass rushing linebacker that early. Ware/Merriman/Matthews all were taken at or after pick 10. Woodley was taken in the second round at like pick 45.

As to the TE issue, would you be happy with Rudolph or Stocker or Kendricks at 34? Or is 34 too high for Stocker and Kendricks?

SuperMcGee
02-01-2011, 01:05 PM
A bunch of my friends have suddenly fallen in love with Miller. I don't particularly like it. But I have no solid feelings on who i want with the pick.

Bills2083
02-01-2011, 01:11 PM

I really don't want Miller at #3 either. I'd rather nab someone such as Dareus.
As for tight end... having looked back at Chan Gailey's past offenses (aside from when he had Tony Gonzalez), the TE's are rarely used for anything other than blocking. So, I don't see TE being a target for the Bills this offseason, as bad as that is. I want a great TE on this team, but I dont think Chan sees the necessity for one.

fischbowl
02-01-2011, 01:23 PM
I like Miller, I'm just not enamored with taking a hybrid in the top 5. I'm secretly hoping for Nick Fairley to fall to us

Poz51
02-01-2011, 06:09 PM
I'm also not buying into Von Miller at 3. I don't think you take a linebacker, let alone a 3-4 pass rushing linebacker that early. Ware/Merriman/Matthews all were taken at or after pick 10. Woodley was taken in the second round at like pick 45.

As to the TE issue, would you be happy with Rudolph or Stocker or Kendricks at 34? Or is 34 too high for Stocker and Kendricks?

IMO we have stocked cupboard at OLB right now, wether or not the food is spoiled IDK...
I think it is too high for Stocker and Kendricks myself, I have them as third rounders, and would not mind either in the third. I love Rudolph and could see him in the second, although Gailey does not have a history of utilizing TE's, personally I think a TE of that caliber would open up the offense (certainly make it more flexible), and if Gailey hasn't noticed what TE's can do (especially against the Bills), he is not the offensive "Guru" people make him out to be.

Poz51
02-01-2011, 06:22 PM
A bunch of my friends have suddenly fallen in love with Miller. I don't particularly like it. But I have no solid feelings on who i want with the pick.

Im really on the fence with the pick myself, Fairley and Dareus make the most sense to me right now with Cam Newton making plenty of sense as well. Even AJ Green is growing on me. Its certainly not like past years where I wanted McKinnie, Ngata, Oher or Orkapo, it kind of reminds of the McLovin draft where there are several guys I would be ok/happy with.

Poz51
02-01-2011, 06:56 PM
I really don't want Miller at #3 either. I'd rather nab someone such as Dareus.
As for tight end... having looked back at Chan Gailey's past offenses (aside from when he had Tony Gonzalez), the TE's are rarely used for anything other than blocking. So, I don't see TE being a target for the Bills this offseason, as bad as that is. I want a great TE on this team, but I dont think Chan sees the necessity for one.

Im with you on the Dareus issue, I think a possible Fairley/Carrington rotation at the 5 technique would be something.
Looking at some of the Gailey/TE things after I thought just thought the same thing, in 94 Eric Green was the second leading reciever on the Steelers as a TE, David LaFleur had a better year when Gailey led the Cowboys to the playoffs in 1999 then our entire TE core had this year. Gonzalez had a great year under Gailey grabbing 96 balls, and having 10 Td's tying for the second most in his hall of fame career. I agree that he likes them to block primarily (Mark Breuner) but he has had success with TE's before, not sure the teams he coached always had good ones. I read some where that he does not like one dimensional TE's, as the show your hand or something like that, which is why I like Rudolph so much, and possibly Stocker later. I am not sure that he sees the necessity for one, which surprises me about him.

Poz51
02-01-2011, 06:59 PM
I like Miller, I'm just not enamored with taking a hybrid in the top 5. I'm secretly hoping for Nick Fairley to fall to us

Im along the same lines, I am not knocking Miller, just dont see the value in the top 5 either, would prefer Fairley or Dareus, even Newton myself among others. Fairley intrigues me, and I would not mind him at all either.

ruthlessrussian
02-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Im along the same lines, I am not knocking Miller, just dont see the value in the top 5 either, would prefer Fairley or Dareus, even Newton myself among others. Fairley intrigues me, and I would not mind him at all either.

*YAAAAAAAAWWWWNNN....* Just woke up from a 8 month long hangover. Did the Bills make it to the superbowl? X)

Anyway...

In total agreement with a Fairley or Dareus pick at 3; the Dline will be better next year without them but adding players of their caliber could potentially create a very fierce front for us ... Newton scares me. The talent and leadership seems to there but for some reason he just screams bust. It could be just me however ... OLB seems like it would the logical position to use the pick on but couldn't we trade down and still pick up an effective pass rusher in the teens or twenties? Bowers or Miller at 3 would make me sick ... A darkhorse at 3 that I would really like would be Peterson. Is it needed? Not really. Is it too much of an investment in the secondary? Probably (Finanically yes). But Peterson, to me, is a Calvin Johnson-type player who has a tremendous "badassness" to him; in other words, the type of player that is hard to pass on. It's like having an attractive girlfriend already, that being our #1 at corner, and then running into a perfect 10 thus begging us to wonder how much better would life be with her..... Just sayin.

ruthlessrussian
02-06-2011, 05:03 PM
OH!!!

What are your guys thoughts on Kaepernick? Sexy beast no? At this point I would fill much better if we drafted him in the third, or even second possibly, rather than taking a chance on Newton at 3. Again, your thoughts?

DoughBoy
02-08-2011, 10:12 AM
So.... how was Jerry Gray as a DC when he was with y'all?

OTcoach
02-08-2011, 12:31 PM
What?? Are you serious?

Yes, we need a QB. Bowers is the only defensive player worth taking at 3. I can't see Carolina and Denver passing on him. We can not win a Superbowl with Fitz and we have a shot at the best QB in the draft. Locker at 3 it is.

ruthlessrussian
02-08-2011, 10:22 PM
Yes, we need a QB. Bowers is the only defensive player worth taking at 3. I can't see Carolina and Denver passing on him. We can not win a Superbowl with Fitz and we have a shot at the best QB in the draft. Locker at 3 it is.

No..

....apparently my very true argument was TOO concise for this forum so I have to add this in as filler...

Bills2083
02-09-2011, 11:16 AM
The Bills are getting new unis for the 2011-12 season!
I got a text from the team so I wouldnt lie to you guys lol.
They're planning on unveiling at some fan event - my guess is right before the draft so the new draft pick can hold it up for everyone to see.

Poz51
02-09-2011, 12:08 PM
[QUOTE=ruthlessrussian;2511482
OLB seems like it would the logical position to use the pick on but couldn't we trade down and still pick up an effective pass rusher in the teens or twenties? Bowers or Miller at 3 would make me sick ... A darkhorse at 3 that I would really like would be Peterson. Is it needed? Not really. Is it too much of an investment in the secondary? Probably (Finanically yes).[/QUOTE]

Welcome back, sounds like nice bender :)
Adding a Dareus or Fairley gives the Bills some sick depth upfront, waves of front line defenders for the entire coarse of a game.
Newton is pure risk/reward, but will have time to develope.
OLB seems like a logical choice until you look at the 9 or so guys on the roster IMO. Quinn has the ability to be huge upgrade, but has too many red flags for Nix and Co. to take that high, unless character suddenly becomes a non-factor.
As for Peterson I agree, and I think he could fit the BPA profile they are looking for. It is a passing league, and watching the Superbowl, you can not have enough good cover corners. McKelvin looks like a 2 right now, Florence is a 2 at best, Mcgee would be a great nickel/dime guy, but injury concerns with him are becoming too regular/lingering to count on him being you 1 or even 2 at this point. I have been saying something similar for a while, do not count out Peterson who could be the best player in the draft. Not a top need, but neither was RB last year... If there is a rookie cap, financially it wont really matter.

Poz51
02-09-2011, 12:15 PM
OH!!!

What are your guys thoughts on Kaepernick? Sexy beast no? At this point I would fill much better if we drafted him in the third, or even second possibly, rather than taking a chance on Newton at 3. Again, your thoughts?

I dont think he's that great myself. I think the third is a reach, watch his arm throwing in the Senior Bowl, his motion is odd, I thought he had some Tebow in his dropping of the ball to his waist. I would not mind him in the fourth with our 2nd pick, because I think he is too much of a project to draft any earlier. I like Newton, but am really starting to think that they will not like any of these QB's enough to take them at 3 at this point. I need to see more from Kaepernick, but have not been impressed from what I have like many have been. Great arm, good mobility, spotty accuracy and I think he leaves the pocket at the first sign on trouble.

Poz51
02-09-2011, 12:22 PM
So.... how was Jerry Gray as a DC when he was with y'all?

I liked him and thought he did a fine job, he knows the secondary and I think helps upgrade a D in that aspect in particular. He's a professional who I thought was an asset to the Bills while he was here.

ruthlessrussian
02-10-2011, 04:57 PM
I dont think he's that great myself. I think the third is a reach, watch his arm throwing in the Senior Bowl, his motion is odd, I thought he had some Tebow in his dropping of the ball to his waist. I would not mind him in the fourth with our 2nd pick, because I think he is too much of a project to draft any earlier. I like Newton, but am really starting to think that they will not like any of these QB's enough to take them at 3 at this point. I need to see more from Kaepernick, but have not been impressed from what I have like many have been. Great arm, good mobility, spotty accuracy and I think he leaves the pocket at the first sign on trouble.

Who are you liking at QB this year? ..OR.. Do you think we should pass on one in this draft?

ruthlessrussian
02-10-2011, 05:07 PM
http://www.restaurantroy.com/

Just thought i'd share this with you western New Yorkers...it's like a little piece of Buffalo here in Santa Barbara

Note the "go bills!" on the right side of the Roy's homepage...

I walk into this place for the first time the other day and the wall's are painted blue with red trim and the bar is decked out with Bills memorabilia - and it's all done tastefully! The place isn't anything remotely close to a sports bar. I was totally blown away!!

Poz51
02-11-2011, 11:04 AM
Who are you liking at QB this year? ..OR.. Do you think we should pass on one in this draft?

Newton is the only one I like at this point in the first round. After that if Locker and Gabbert fell into the second I would be interested, but after that it would have to a appropriate value, like Ponder/Kaepernick in the 4th. Watching Newton, when his mechanics (which I do not think are that far off) are right he can make all of the throws accurately (not always perfect, but with in the clock), and he has under rated armstrength, when he steps into his throws, he throws a bullet. IMO his only true flaw is scanning the field/vision, and I think sitting behind Fitzy will do him wonders in that department. He's never been asked to this before.
For me its Newton or Pass. All the other QB's in this class have major flaws IMO. Locker; Accuracy and trusting what he sees. Gabbert; Pocket awareness, taking off at the first sign of trouble, and deep accuracy. Mallatt; Accuracy, maturity, reading a D. Ponder; game tape, consistancy, decision making. Kaepernick; accuracy, throwing motion, decision making. So unless its a BPA type value, pass. This is not to say Newton does not have flaws, I just think his are not as major a concern, and he is the only legit 1st round QB I see in this class, so its him or pass for me.

Poz51
02-11-2011, 11:15 AM
http://www.restaurantroy.com/

Just thought i'd share this with you western New Yorkers...it's like a little piece of Buffalo here in Santa Barbara

Note the "go bills!" on the right side of the Roy's homepage...

I walk into this place for the first time the other day and the wall's are painted blue with red trim and the bar is decked out with Bills memorabilia - and it's all done tastefully! The place isn't anything remotely close to a sports bar. I was totally blown away!!

I travel a bit, and there are place similar to this all over. Virginia Beach has a place like down here (not nearly to extent), and while in San Diego last summer I walked into a beach bar that had a wall dedicated to the Bills. Lexington KY, and Knoxville TN, had places with Bills stuff that I went into this past summer, although not nearly to the degree as S.D. and you have described. It always cool to walk into a place like that and see the support for this team all over the country! If I make it out to Santa Barbara, Ill be sure to go to this place :)
Side note: I'll be interested to see what these new uniforms are all about, they have got to be better than the current ones...

fischbowl
02-11-2011, 12:53 PM
New uniforms next year.....

essential
02-13-2011, 02:30 PM

for me Newton should be the only option at #3 (not just at QB, but at any position).

ruthlessrussian
02-15-2011, 01:36 AM
for me Newton should be the only option at #3 (not just at QB, but at any position).

Yeeah... I'm just not digging Newton. I want to like, but the guy just reeks of bust.. in my opinion of course.

What is it that you like about his game?

SuperMcGee
03-02-2011, 12:25 PM
George Wilson gets a 3-year contract. Hard to argue against that.

Bills2083
03-03-2011, 12:35 PM
This is the first time where I have NO idea who I want the Bills to draft in the 1st come April.

One day, it's Newton, then the next, Dareus. Throw Quinn and Gabbert in there and I'm as confused as ever.

Who do I decide on!?!?!

SuperMcGee
03-03-2011, 03:49 PM
Gabbert never really crosses my mind, but it is quite the predicament. Peterson has to be on every team's mind, too.

Poz51
03-04-2011, 12:39 PM
This is the first time where I have NO idea who I want the Bills to draft in the 1st come April.

One day, it's Newton, then the next, Dareus. Throw Quinn and Gabbert in there and I'm as confused as ever.

Who do I decide on!?!?!

Just to add to the confusion, as I have been saying for a little while now, and in complete agreement with SuperMcGee Peterson fits the Nix draft profile to a T, 2+ year starter/BPA available type. Nix has a good history taking QB's so if they like one, I think it is cause for excitment. IMO its between Gabbert, Newton, Dareus and Peterson at his point. All but Newton have 2 or more years of starting experience, and even Newton has started the last two years, although one at JUCO, so I am not sure how that figures in.
In general, thoughts on who its down to at this point?

Poz51
03-04-2011, 12:42 PM
George Wilson gets a 3-year contract. Hard to argue against that.

It certainly is well earned no arguement hear, being a good soldier pays off in Buffalo for better or for worse...

Iamcanadian
03-08-2011, 12:55 AM
Worst case scenario, we pass on both QB's and they both turnout to be great franchise QB's.
Best case scenario, whoever, we pick will be an impact player, at #3 we are going to get something special because there are about 12 special players in this draft.

Poz51
03-09-2011, 07:24 AM
Worst case scenario, we pass on both QB's and they both turnout to be great franchise QB's.
Best case scenario, whoever, we pick will be an impact player, at #3 we are going to get something special because there are about 12 special players in this draft.

I clearly think at this point we are getting an impact player at 3, I like what I have heard Nix and Co. saying up to this point, and do not see a Maybin type pick at all. I have had Newton as our guy in my mocks, and think right now he's going #1. Who would you rather have Dareus or Peterson? Who are your "special" 12??

Iamcanadian
03-10-2011, 09:34 AM
Bowers DE
Quinn DE
Dareus DT
Peterson CB
Gabbert QB
Newton QB
Fairley DT
Green WR
Von Miller OLB
Tyron Smith LT
Aldon Smith OLB/DE
Julio Jones WR
I'll even throw in a riser at #13 J.J. Watt DE

The 1st 12 have impact player written all over them, the QB's carry the most risk but the rewards are even higher if your right.

OTcoach
03-16-2011, 11:58 AM
Okay so a month or so ago I was hoping Locker would be our guy...too many questions though.

So......Dareus should be gone. I agree with Mayock that he won't get past Denver.

Bowers - bad knee, not worth risking #3 on.

Fairley - Warren Sapp? or Ryan Sims? Not worth the risk.

Peterson - another CB with return potential. Supposedly we already have a roster full of those guys.

The QB from Missouri? who?

Cam Newton? There is no tape of him beating a team with his arm....and he's Locker fast. Not Vick. NFL DE's and LB's are going to eat him alive on the ground.

Safest/best pick = JJ Watt

Size, speed, production, and work ethic. He can be trusted, you can pay him. He'll want to play in Buffalo for the next 10 years and lead our D.

SuperMcGee
03-16-2011, 12:18 PM
If we take JJ Watt, I will punch a puppy.

Bills2083
03-16-2011, 12:20 PM
If we take JJ Watt, I will punch a puppy.

Even this one?

http://languages.oberlin.edu/courses/2011/spring/cine270/tfey/files/2011/02/cute_puppy1.png

I'm really hoping Dareus falls to #3.
But what are your guys' thoughts on Quinn?

Iamcanadian
03-16-2011, 01:24 PM
Even this one?

http://languages.oberlin.edu/courses/2011/spring/cine270/tfey/files/2011/02/cute_puppy1.png

I'm really hoping Dareus falls to #3.
But what are your guys' thoughts on Quinn?

Quinn's status is still up in the air, he has a benign brain tumor which the doctors will check out in April. Bowers also will have to pass his physical in April or he will drop as well.

Poz51
03-16-2011, 05:35 PM
Okay so a month or so ago I was hoping Locker would be our guy...too many questions though.

So......Dareus should be gone. I agree with Mayock that he won't get past Denver.

Bowers - bad knee, not worth risking #3 on.

Fairley - Warren Sapp? or Ryan Sims? Not worth the risk.

Peterson - another CB with return potential. Supposedly we already have a roster full of those guys.

The QB from Missouri? who?

Cam Newton? There is no tape of him beating a team with his arm....and he's Locker fast. Not Vick. NFL DE's and LB's are going to eat him alive on the ground.

Safest/best pick = JJ Watt

Size, speed, production, and work ethic. He can be trusted, you can pay him. He'll want to play in Buffalo for the next 10 years and lead our D.

I hope at this point Dareus slips past Denver, I dont see it either, and hopefully Bowers checks out and Carolina falls in love with a QB... I agree with you on Fairly and he nor Bowers really fits Nix draft profile IMO.
I would not classify Peterson as just "another corner with return potential". I think he is special having watched every LSU game (maybe but one) since he arrived at LSU.
Im not sold on Gabbert either...
Newton.... Watch the Mississippi game, the SEC Championship game against S.C. and then the Alabama game, he did not win those with his feet.
I actually think Watt is a possibility, but I think they would take Peterson or Newton before Watt, even... Von Miller...

Iamcanadian
03-17-2011, 09:24 PM
I don't want Watt, he is not a sack guy and while he will be a solid LDE and a solid run stuffer, he is never going to be an impact star at the next level. There are just too many prospects at 3 that will be impact players that I hope we get a great one. My preference is Gabbert or Newton because face it, you cannot win consistently in the current NFL without a true franchise QB and Fitzpatrick is never going to be that guy. If our GM thinks either or one has that kind of potential, and he is available when we draft, I really hope we draft him because the risk is worth the reward.

Vox Populi
03-19-2011, 10:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLwx9Qj7Mho&feature=player_embedded

Stevie Johnson rap by YA BOY Feat CIK.MONEY

Poz51
03-19-2011, 05:41 PM
I don't want Watt, he is not a sack guy and while he will be a solid LDE and a solid run stuffer, he is never going to be an impact star at the next level. There are just too many prospects at 3 that will be impact players that I hope we get a great one. My preference is Gabbert or Newton because face it, you cannot win consistently in the current NFL without a true franchise QB and Fitzpatrick is never going to be that guy. If our GM thinks either or one has that kind of potential, and he is available when we draft, I really hope we draft him because the risk is worth the reward.

I think Watt is a distant possibility, and agree that there are more impact-full players that will be available and taken. People who watch Wisconsin football swear that he is a capable pass rusher, I still need to watch more, but think he is a possibility as one of the top 5 tech/run stoppers in the draft.
I think it is very interesting that Nix has had dinner with both QB prospects the night before their pro days. If they take Newton or Gabbert in the first I will not be upset, Nix history of drafting QB's is solid, Gailey is good developing them. Unlike previous administrations were I had no faith...

Captain Canuck
03-26-2011, 09:08 PM
I've been tinkering with my mock over the past couple weeks a lot, but I think I have it how I like it. Critique is greatly appreciated.

1. Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri/Cam Newton QB Auburn
2. Christian Ballard DE Iowa
3. Kelvin Sheppard ILB LSU
4a. Marcus Gilbert OT Florida
4b. Rob Housler TE Florida Atlantic
5. Cortez Allen CB Citadel
6. Josh Bynes ILB Auburn
7a. Eric Hagg S Nebraska
7b. Allen Bradford RB USC

I know there is a thread for this, but it doesn't look like anyone's been in there for awhile, so I posted in here too.

Poz51
03-28-2011, 11:10 AM
[QUOTE=Captain Canuck;2564343]

6. Josh Bynes ILB Auburn
7a. Eric Hagg S Nebraska
7b. Allen Bradford RB USC [QUOTE]

I hope for Newton in the first, but if they take Gabbert so be it. I like taking Sheppard in the 3rd, but why Bynes in the 6th? Is Poz leaving in FA? Also, neither are man coverage ILB's so Bills fans who do not think Poz can cover will not like those picks... I like the Ballard, Gilbert, Housler, and Allen picks in those rounds. Hagg and Bradford in the 7th are nice pick ups. Other than the picking on 2 ILB's I can not think of any negative criques on this mock for the Bills, it addresses needs with appropriate values, adds some athleticism to the team, and all in all is a very good Bills mock IMO. Nice job.

Buffalo M
03-29-2011, 05:05 PM
If you're looking at plan 1-A at DL if Dareus is gone, then it's Cam Jordan of Cal. He's twice the player Watt is.

He can play either DE position and kick inside on 3rd down.

Captain Canuck
03-29-2011, 05:57 PM
6. Josh Bynes ILB Auburn
7a. Eric Hagg S Nebraska
7b. Allen Bradford RB USC

I hope for Newton in the first, but if they take Gabbert so be it. I like taking Sheppard in the 3rd, but why Bynes in the 6th? Is Poz leaving in FA? Also, neither are man coverage ILB's so Bills fans who do not think Poz can cover will not like those picks... I like the Ballard, Gilbert, Housler, and Allen picks in those rounds. Hagg and Bradford in the 7th are nice pick ups. Other than the picking on 2 ILB's I can not think of any negative criques on this mock for the Bills, it addresses needs with appropriate values, adds some athleticism to the team, and all in all is a very good Bills mock IMO. Nice job.

Nix has said he wants to add multiple inside LB's this offseason, so I figured I'd grab a late round guy that seemed to fit a 3-4 well for depth. We need some young depth so we can move away from journymen like Ayodele and Davis. In this scenario I'd hop Poz and Sheppard would be our starting ILB's going into the season with Bynes and one of the vets backing them up.

Bills2083
03-29-2011, 06:12 PM
The top two guys I want right now are Dareus and Newton, in that order.
If both are gone, then what?

Blaine Gabbert QB
AJ Green WR
Von Miller OLB
Robert Quinn OLB
Nick Fairley DT/DE
Patrick Peterson CBThey seem to be the most popular choices.

But what are your opinions on drafting Cam Jordan at 3?

Poz51
03-31-2011, 07:27 AM
If you're looking at plan 1-A at DL if Dareus is gone, then it's Cam Jordan of Cal. He's twice the player Watt is.

He can play either DE position and kick inside on 3rd down.

I dont think Watt is half the player Jordan is, they both can kick inside on 3rd down, although I do have Jordan ahead of Watt in my rankings. I would love to trade down and land either with my preference being Jordan...

Poz51
03-31-2011, 07:31 AM
Nix has said he wants to add multiple inside LB's this offseason, so I figured I'd grab a late round guy that seemed to fit a 3-4 well for depth. We need some young depth so we can move away from journymen like Ayodele and Davis. In this scenario I'd hop Poz and Sheppard would be our starting ILB's going into the season with Bynes and one of the vets backing them up.

That makes sense. Ayodele I thought played a little better towards the end of the season, and Davis in this scenerio could be let go, his athleticism IMO was shot before he got here. In this case I approve of the mock as a whole :)

Poz51
03-31-2011, 07:44 AM
The top two guys I want right now are Dareus and Newton, in that order.
If both are gone, then what?

Blaine Gabbert QB
AJ Green WR
Von Miller OLB
Robert Quinn OLB
Nick Fairley DT/DE
Patrick Peterson CBThey seem to be the most popular choices.

But what are your opinions on drafting Cam Jordan at 3?

If nix and gailey feel they can "fix" Gabbert's skiddishness and pocket awareness, I would trust them taking him, personally I dont, he reminds me too much of Trent Edwards with arm strength.
I feel comfortable saying you can throw Fairley and Quinn out of the equation.
Green could fit in Spiller mold from last year, but looking at the recieving core I cant see it.
The two possibilities that are the most realistic if Newton and Dareus are gone, and Gabbert is not a franchise QB, are Peterson and Miller (yeah, I know, I said it...) I have Peterson as the #1 prospect in the draft, watching LSU the last three years, the only thing that beats him past 5 yards are perfect passes.
I would love to trade down and land Cameron Jordan, love it... Which will take me into my next post. IMO 3 is too high, unless they have as a top 5 grade on him. Easier said then done trading down, but picking up a 2nd and getting Cameron Jordan would be gold IMO.

Poz51
03-31-2011, 07:46 AM
I was under the impression the Bills would not be moving down or up from the third pick or think about taking a pass rusher early, until I read Chan Gailey say this:

“There are a couple of those guys in the draft and I think the question that you ask yourself in the draft situation when you’re sitting there is how do you weight the guys for your football team,” said Gailey. “I feel like a pass rusher, an outside backer, there are a couple of those guys that can make a difference coming off the edge. We hope we have one in the fold already in a Shawne Merriman. If we’ve got one and can get one of the other side to put some pressure on the passer that’ll help us tremendously. If we end up trading out of the number three pick, that might be something that would be a viable option for us.”

Thoughts on trading down, and/or trading down and taking a pass rusher?

Captain Canuck
03-31-2011, 05:58 PM
I think a situation where Dareus and the QB we want are off the board (assuming we only like one of them) happens, then we should try and trade down with a team that is interested in Peterson. We could then go after Cameron Jordon or JJ Watt, and either have ammo to trade back into the first or take the best OT and OLB available in the 2nd. Maybe something like a combination of Brooks Reed and Ben Ijalana. I'm not a huge fan of going QB outside of the first but if Gailey believes in Ponder he could also be an option there.

Bills2083
03-31-2011, 07:42 PM
that would definitely be good, but I'd rather stick with the extra 2nd that we receive...

1.) Cam Jordan - DE
2.) Christian Ponder - QB (not what I want but I think Gailey wants him bad)
2.) Brooks Reed - OLB
3.) Kelvin Sheppard - ILB
4.) Marcus Gilchrist - OT
4.) Shareece Wright - CB

thoughts?

Poz51
04-01-2011, 12:40 PM
I think a situation where Dareus and the QB we want are off the board (assuming we only like one of them) happens, then we should try and trade down with a team that is interested in Peterson. We could then go after Cameron Jordon or JJ Watt, and either have ammo to trade back into the first or take the best OT and OLB available in the 2nd. Maybe something like a combination of Brooks Reed and Ben Ijalana. I'm not a huge fan of going QB outside of the first but if Gailey believes in Ponder he could also be an option there.

I think that situation is very likely, and love the idea of trading down landing Jordan or Watt and picking up an extra second to play with... I think Ponder is a huge target to move up or grab in the second right now, although I am still not that high on him myself...

Poz51
04-01-2011, 12:42 PM
that would definitely be good, but I'd rather stick with the extra 2nd that we receive...

1.) Cam Jordan - DE
2.) Christian Ponder - QB (not what I want but I think Gailey wants him bad)
2.) Brooks Reed - OLB
3.) Kelvin Sheppard - ILB
4.) Marcus Gilchrist - OT
4.) Shareece Wright - CB

thoughts?

This would work for me, although I think Reed and most of the top flight pass rushers will be gone at that point, I like landing Sheppard in the 3rd. I love the options to move up or stay put with the extra second that moving down from 3 would open up. Love it!!

Iamcanadian
04-02-2011, 08:31 PM

The trouble with trading down is that your chances of getting a real impact player diminishes. Watt and Jordan are fine prospects but neither is going to be a star in a 3-4 defense, solid starters, yes, but not impact players and that isn't a recipe for building a contender.
You draft in the top 5 to get the type of impact players who are so dominating that they make everybody around them better, you don't settle for just solid starters even for an extra pick.
We aren't going to trade anyways, trading out of the top 5 was rare with high rookie salaries and just as rare before high rookie salaries came into being. GM's know they cannot build a contender without impact players and the odds of finding one simply diminishes the further down the draft board you go, so the pick isn't likely to be traded.
Nix and Gailey will first examine the QB's to see if they feel the one they can get, will be a franchise QB, next in line, a LT, I doubt Tyson Smith is rated this high, or Von Miller OLB.

Poz51
04-02-2011, 09:31 PM
The trouble with trading down is that your chances of getting a real impact player diminishes. the odds of finding one simply diminishes the further down the draft board you go

Watt and Jordan are fine prospects but neither is going to be a star in a 3-4 defense, solid starters, yes, but not impact players

That is simply not true, although generally speaking I agree with you, Patrick Willis, Holati Ngata, Ben Roethlisberger and Nick Mangold were drafted after such studs as Bobby Carpenter, Jamarcus Russell, Jamal Anderson, and Reggie Williams as guys that come to mind.Troy Williamson and Pacman Jones going before Demarcus Ware and Shawn Merriman still makes me laugh. It only diminishes if the impact players are taken by the time your pick comes up.
As for Watt and Jordan, I think that is a matter of opinion, mine is both are legit top ten picks, and will be impact players in a 3-4 defense, numerous scouts and professional evaluators are saying this draft is extremely or the deepest draft they have ever seen along the defensive line, because of all the impact players in the draft at DT and DE. Jordan and Watt have been in everyone's top 5 DE's overall and top three 3-4 DE's that I have seen. Jordan essentially destroyed everyone in the senior bowl, and watt has the production to match his measurables, why don't you think they will be impact players?