PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bills Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22

Iamcanadian
04-05-2011, 10:43 AM
That is simply not true, although generally speaking I agree with you, Patrick Willis, Holati Ngata, Ben Roethlisberger and Nick Mangold were drafted after such studs as Bobby Carpenter, Jamarcus Russell, Jamal Anderson, and Reggie Williams as guys that come to mind.Troy Williamson and Pacman Jones going before Demarcus Ware and Shawn Merriman still makes me laugh. It only diminishes if the impact players are taken by the time your pick comes up.
As for Watt and Jordan, I think that is a matter of opinion, mine is both are legit top ten picks, and will be impact players in a 3-4 defense, numerous scouts and professional evaluators are saying this draft is extremely or the deepest draft they have ever seen along the defensive line, because of all the impact players in the draft at DT and DE. Jordan and Watt have been in everyone's top 5 DE's overall and top three 3-4 DE's that I have seen. Jordan essentially destroyed everyone in the senior bowl, and watt has the production to match his measurables, why don't you think they will be impact players?

I'm talking about the odds not that there isn't exceptions. It is just a huge gamble to pass on what your scouts are telling you and I really doubt we will take any such gamble drafting at #3.
We are going to draft a QB or Miller, they are players we will consider. Peterson may also get some consideration, however at #3, we aren't going to reach for the slight chance that a player ranked talent wise as say a 6 to 10 will be a better player in the end than players who are clearly going in the top 5. Drafting like that is suicidal over the long run.
NE found Brady in round 6 but you won't find any GM's who believe they can solve their QB problems by waiting till round 6. Smart organizations follow their board rankings and don't reach. They may have players ranked differently than other teams because they are better at scouting than weak franchises, but in the end they still stick to their boards and believe me, Miller and Peterson are rated a notch above Jordan and Watt as potential impact players. The QB's may not rank as high but the position is so important, that teams will reach for one.
So, IMO, these are the 3 players/positions that we will pick from. Jordan and Watt aren't even in the conversation at #3.

ruthlessrussian
04-08-2011, 09:47 AM
I'm with Iam on this one...we need an impact player and we can get this at 3

However, I think we can do better than Miller.

I'm sold on Pat Peterson. I have said this before. He is my pick.

Add to that Brooks Reed in the second...trade up if we must...and the best available inside backer later on and we will have the makings of a real nice defense.

Iamcanadian
04-08-2011, 12:20 PM

Add to that Brooks Reed in the second...trade up if we must...and the best available inside backer later on and we will have the makings of a real nice defense.

I kind of like Miller. He will be a huge sack guy in a 3-4 system on par with DeMarcus Ware although he isn't quite as big. With a huge sack guy on your roster, CB's don't have to cover as well since QB's have far less time to find a WR.
Besides that, Ralph Wilson has never paid big bucks to a CB and everytime we draft a stud, we eventually lose him in FA. Ralph has shown that he will pay big dollars to a sack artist, so at least Miller will be with us for awhile.

Poz51
04-08-2011, 12:21 PM
I'm talking about the odds not that there isn't exceptions. It is just a huge gamble to pass on what your scouts are telling you and I really doubt we will take any such gamble drafting at #3.
We are going to draft a QB or Miller, they are players we will consider. Peterson may also get some consideration, however at #3, we aren't going to reach for the slight chance that a player ranked talent wise as say a 6 to 10 will be a better player in the end than players who are clearly going in the top 5. Drafting like that is suicidal over the long run.
NE found Brady in round 6 but you won't find any GM's who believe they can solve their QB problems by waiting till round 6. Smart organizations follow their board rankings and don't reach. They may have players ranked differently than other teams because they are better at scouting than weak franchises, but in the end they still stick to their boards and believe me, Miller and Peterson are rated a notch above Jordan and Watt as potential impact players. The QB's may not rank as high but the position is so important, that teams will reach for one.
So, IMO, these are the 3 players/positions that we will pick from. Jordan and Watt aren't even in the conversation at #3.

Thats why I said "although I generally agree with you". I understand the odds go down, however if your scouts are worth a crap, you can land impact players after the top five. Thats my point, although again, generally speaking I agree with you...
Moving on, do you know what their scouts are telling them?
Thats a whole different world, that I am not privy too, and would bet neither are you.
Maybe their scouts are telling them Watt or Jordan can have a Seymour type impact... Who knows... Maybe they are telling them its a QB or Miller top three, Nix has seen them all in person, I am not sure how much he is actually listening to his scouts at this point, it seems like he is formulating his own opinion.
Again trading down over the long run maybe "suicide", but if that is the case why do you I always hear about teams wanting to trade down?
I would agree with you that Miller and Peterson are more impactful players, but I dont believe you, because you seem to think that your opinion is fact, or you think I am some little puke, who just started watching the draft last year.
People thought Richard Seymour was not going to be an impact end for the Pats when he was drafted at 6, and that worked out well for them. Trading down allows flexability to trade back up later, and is suicidal if you are wrong in how you work the board and evaluate players IMO. Those impact players can not do thier jobs if they are getting run over by tackles, guards and fullbacks because those "non-impact" players upfront are not holding up the offensive lineman. Who is Miller going to pass rush, or Peterson cover when other teams run all over us?
It's not like teams were pass happy against us. Us and Denver, had mud holes stomped in our @$$e$ all season long by opponents run games. Thats why trading down and landing a "non-impact" player makes sense in the 6-10 range, we need people to do the dirty work, so our "impact" players can make an impact. Im guessing you missed where Captain Canuck started and I was going off of, trading down from 3.
If we stay at three, yes Miller, a QB and Peterson make a ton of sense, but trading down and getting a trench guy who can free up others to make plays also makes sense. Jordan and Watt may or may not be in the conversation at 3, but do you know for sure?

Poz51
04-08-2011, 12:25 PM

I am fine with Miller or Peterson at 3, my point (and I think others as well, but they can speak for themselves) was not that we should go Watt or Jordan there, but consider trading down (pick up an extra second) and targeting one of them. I love Peterson, and would strongly endorse the pick, although I do not think (my personal opinion) it is what is best for this franchise in the long run. IMO, trading down could have a better long term affect. Peterson, Brooks Reed and Kelvin Sheppard would be a fine draft, and enhance our defense, no doubt here.

Vox Populi
04-08-2011, 02:27 PM
Just give me mature guys that can lead and will put in work every day. If we don't pick a QB at #3 we shouldn't bother taking one at all just for the sake of picking a guy. I'm tired of getting the second-rate QB's after the top couple guys are off the board. Just pull the trigger early or not at all. I'd be perfectly fine if we actually picked front 7 on defense with all 9 of our picks, our run defense is a complete joke and has been for more than half a decade. I really hope we actually make up our minds on defense and pick a base formation.

The offense in incosistent but unless Evans leaves, there really aren't any immediate concerns unless there are obvious upgrades available to pick up on the line. We should just grab as many cheap free agents and UDFA players at receiver and offensive line to come in and compete during training camp (assuming it starts on time) to build our depth there instead of investing draft picks on backups there late in the draft.

Bills2083
04-08-2011, 02:36 PM
I've read multiple scouting reports on Von Miller - some say he has a great repetoire of pass-rushing moves, while others say he is a one-trick pony. This is something that is of huge concern and needs to be clarified because we definitely don't need another straight-line pass rusher. Can anyone clarify whether or not Miller is more than just another Aaron Maybin?

Iamcanadian
04-09-2011, 01:02 AM
I've read multiple scouting reports on Von Miller - some say he has a great repetoire of pass-rushing moves, while others say he is a one-trick pony. This is something that is of huge concern and needs to be clarified because we definitely don't need another straight-line pass rusher. Can anyone clarify whether or not Miller is more than just another Aaron Maybin?

Miller is the real deal, the best pass rusher in this year's draft even when Bowers was considered healthy. He is DeMarcus Ware without the size.
He was way more productive in college than Maybin ever dreamed of being and has top end character as well. He had 17 sacks as a junior and while he missed a # of games as a senior, he returned and immediately put up 10 sacks.
He totally dominated the Big 12 and put Texas A&M back on the map as a football power.
I think he will be DROY without any problem since LB's tend to do well right out of college.

Bills2083
04-09-2011, 09:01 AM
Miller is the real deal, the best pass rusher in this year's draft even when Bowers was considered healthy. He is DeMarcus Ware without the size.
He was way more productive in college than Maybin ever dreamed of being and has top end character as well. He had 17 sacks as a junior and while he missed a # of games as a senior, he returned and immediately put up 10 sacks.
He totally dominated the Big 12 and put Texas A&M back on the map as a football power.
I think he will be DROY without any problem since LB's tend to do well right out of college.

So you think he's got enough pass-rush moves to be successful in the NFL? More than just a rush around the tackle? There's bull-rushes, swim-moves, spins inside, etc. At #3, I want an OLB who can do all that and more, and consistently get to the QB

Scan through this thread.
It scares the living day lights out of me

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45302&highlight=von+miller

and...
http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/04/08/carucci-millers-a-risky-pick-for-bills/

Von Miller could be the answer to the Buffalo Bills’ defensive struggles. Then again, maybe not.

While several mock drafts have the Bills taking the speedy Texas A&M linebacker with the third overall pick, NFL.com senior columnist Vic Carucci isn’t sold on the idea.

In his weekly NFL.com chat on Friday (http://chat.nfl.com/front/archived_chat/1483%E2%80%9D), Carucci was asked by a Bills fan if he thought Miller could potentially be a bust along the lines of 2009 first-round pick Aaron Maybin.

“I’m not comfortable with the fact that Miller’s collegiate success is mostly predicated on the tremendous outside speed he brings to the table,” Carucci said of Miller, who is the top-ranked outside linebacker on most draft experts’ rankings.

“He doesn’t seem to be as big or as strong as I’d prefer an outside linebacker to be, which were some of the raps that ultimately have proven true with Maybin.

“Could Miller get stronger? Absolutely. And there is no reason to automatically assume he is another Maybin, whose poor attitude is another factor in his horrendous NFL career. But, again, I’d be more comfortable if I saw more of a complete player in Miller.”

Iamcanadian
04-09-2011, 07:24 PM
Well, everybody on NFLN including Mayock, Casserly( actually drafted for teams for 29 years), Lombardi(actually drafted for teams for 19 years) and the rest of the crew all rate Miller as the #2 overall prospect in the draft. That's good enough for me. LB's rarely ever appear in the top 5 of a draft board, for a LB to get there he has to be really special. Oh yeah, he is also the cleanest player in the draft character wise so you know he will put in the time to be great.
Maybin was a desperate reach by the Bills, I doubt any other team had him anywhere near where we picked him. He isn't close to the prospect Miller is.

Bills2083
04-15-2011, 12:02 PM
I've got this strange feeling that OBD will do something crazy, again, and take Ryan Mallett at #3. I've been hoping he'd last to 34, so we can take him there, but I don't see him getting that far with the number of teams that need QBs.

JBCX
04-16-2011, 11:21 AM
Von Miller is definitely going to be the next DeMarcus Ware. He's the real deal and the only other "Sure-fire" prospect alongside Patrick Peterson.

If the Bills aren't completelly sold on one of the QBs such as Cam Newton or Blaine Gabbert, they have to pick Miller. You can't pass up on elite defensive talent like that except for a QB.

essential
04-18-2011, 11:55 AM
i don't know if Miller will be a stud or not ... but i do know the Bills have NEVER picked the player every single mock draft seemed to give us.

Miller makes sense, and everyone is mocking him to us ... which means he won't be the pick. there is no rhyme or reason, we just never take that obvious pick. if Newton isn't there, i have no idea what we do. probably try and trade down, but if we HAD to make a pick at #3, i think they go Peterson or possibly Green, just as a BPA.

Iamcanadian
04-19-2011, 01:27 AM
According to NFLN, Miller is the BPA at #3, he's pretty well #2 on everybody's board. Peterson is #3.
Considering how bad our defense was last year, I think taking Miller is a no brainer, however, you are right, we haven't made the playoffs in how long so obviously our scouting system stinks, so we might take anybody doomed to failure.

debrook5
04-20-2011, 08:41 AM
Here is a thought prob already brought up but I think it is the best option for the Bills. The Cards at 5 want to move up. They want a QB and I am not sold on either one of them. To much of a contract vs risk with the QB's this year. Trade from 3 to 5 and we can still land Von Miller or Peterson.

ruthlessrussian
04-20-2011, 07:22 PM
Here is a thought prob already brought up but I think it is the best option for the Bills. The Cards at 5 want to move up. They want a QB and I am not sold on either one of them. To much of a contract vs risk with the QB's this year. Trade from 3 to 5 and we can still land Von Miller or Peterson.

This would be good depending on what we got back..

Though, I want to pose a question to you guys...say this trade goes through, do you think that Arizona is really targeting a QB or do they want Miller? It seems illogical that a now veteran coaching staff would want to bring in a rookie signal caller versus making a trade for someone with experience- then again, there is the whole issue with the lockout so I guess this (bringing in a rook qb) could be possible. However a pass rusher like Miller has to be at the top of their board and Arizona does have a SERIOUS need for an edge rusher. I think if Arizona pushes for this trade it is because they want Miller and not a qb. Just my opinion...

ruthlessrussian
04-20-2011, 07:26 PM
Regarding the trade, if it were to go through, would the compensation we got in return for the trade be worth the chance of losing Miller?

Poz51
04-21-2011, 08:11 PM
Regarding the trade, if it were to go through, would the compensation we got in return for the trade be worth the chance of losing Miller?

IMO, the trade to move down is thier second round pick, or thier first next year or I stay and take whomever I want. That way even if they take Miller, we get the best player in the draft (Peterson), the top QB in the draft(Gabbert, according to many) if the Panthers take Newton, Broncos take Dareus, Cardinals take Gabbert or Miller, and the Bengals take Green or they could grab Quinn, that also makes it easier to take Jordan or Watt if they really want too. That way it is worth it, unless they are in love with Miller, then you dont risk it period. If they are not in love with him they take the chance, again IMO. IF you know without a doubt that they want Gabbert, and they their second, its a no brainner...

ruthlessrussian
04-21-2011, 11:35 PM
IMO, the trade to move down is thier second round pick, or thier first next year or I stay and take whomever I want. That way even if they take Miller, we get the best player in the draft (Peterson), the top QB in the draft(Gabbert, according to many) if the Panthers take Newton, Broncos take Dareus, Cardinals take Gabbert or Miller, and the Bengals take Green or they could grab Quinn, that also makes it easier to take Jordan or Watt if they really want too. That way it is worth it, unless they are in love with Miller, then you dont risk it period. If they are not in love with him they take the chance, again IMO. IF you know without a doubt that they want Gabbert, and they their second, its a no brainner...

Right? I agree! I was just curious on others thoughts about Miller to the Bills. I think regardless of whether the Cards take Miller or Gabbert we would be able to land Peterson -who has been my personal choice for like the last year haha- and then still be able to pick up a quality edge rusher in the beginning of the second round, ie Brooks Reed please. THEN with the extra second we could land a OT like Sherrod or maybe Rudolph if he is still there.

Captain Canuck
04-22-2011, 01:21 PM
I'm getting close to finalizing what I want/expect the Bills to do draft day. In this drat I'm assuming the Carolina takes Newton and Denver takes Dareus. I also think these guys would be #1 and #2 on the Bills board.

If we don't take a QB in the 1st, I don't think we should take one at all. There is no point on reaching for a guy in the 2nd or 3rd who may never be more than a backup, when we should be able to get starters at other positions with those picks. Give with a chance with a stabilized line and healthy WR's and see what he can do being the #1 going into camp. If he fails we will likely have a shot at Barkley, Jones, Foles, Lindley, etc...whoever establishes themselves as the #2 or #3 QB behind Luck. (I don't think we'll be bad enough to have a shot at him)

If we don't address the 5 tech position in the 1st, I think we will wait till the 4th as this is a deep draft for D-line and its likely that the guy we draft will be a rotational player, as I feel Carrington will start. There were some performance metrics on a site that said Carrington was great in the time he played and we needed to give him more playing time.

On to the mock.......

1. Von Miller OLB Texas A&M
2. Derek Sherrod OT Miss St.
3. Kelvin Sheppard ILB LSU
4a. Curtis Marsh CB Utah St.
4b. Lawrence Guy DE Arizona St.
5. Julius Thomas TE Portland St.
6. Joe Lefeged SS Rutgers
7a. Josh Bynes ILB Auburn
7b. Allen Bradford RB USC

What are your thoughts?

*yes, I know there is a mock draft thread, but it doesn't get much traffic*

ruthlessrussian
04-22-2011, 08:19 PM
No arguments here...I would be content with that.

Poz51
04-23-2011, 07:48 AM
I'm getting close to finalizing what I want/expect the Bills to do draft day. In this drat I'm assuming the Carolina takes Newton and Denver takes Dareus. I also think these guys would be #1 and #2 on the Bills board.

If we don't take a QB in the 1st, I don't think we should take one at all. There is no point on reaching for a guy in the 2nd or 3rd who may never be more than a backup, when we should be able to get starters at other positions with those picks. Give with a chance with a stabilized line and healthy WR's and see what he can do being the #1 going into camp. If he fails we will likely have a shot at Barkley, Jones, Foles, Lindley, etc...whoever establishes themselves as the #2 or #3 QB behind Luck. (I don't think we'll be bad enough to have a shot at him)

If we don't address the 5 tech position in the 1st, I think we will wait till the 4th as this is a deep draft for D-line and its likely that the guy we draft will be a rotational player, as I feel Carrington will start. There were some performance metrics on a site that said Carrington was great in the time he played and we needed to give him more playing time.

On to the mock.......

What are your thoughts?

*yes, I know there is a mock draft thread, but it doesn't get much traffic*

Good thoughts, good mock, I love the 2nd -4th rounds in particular. Overall I like the draft as a whole, nice job :)

Iamcanadian
04-23-2011, 03:16 PM
[QUOTE=Captain Canuck;2578374]I'm getting close to finalizing what I want/expect the Bills to do draft day. In this drat I'm assuming the Carolina takes Newton and Denver takes Dareus. I also think these guys would be #1 and #2 on the Bills board.

On to the mock.......

What are your thoughts?

I certainly love the 1st 2 picks however, it might be a stretch to think Sherrod will fall to us. NE drafts before us in round 2 and they are looking at OT's, that's of course if Sherrod doesn't go round 1 which is a more likely scenario.
As for Miller, I think we are looking at another Ware, the Cowboy's outside LB. He is going to be one heck of a dynamic player who will give our defense a real punch.
I think Kelvin Sheppard is a tad overrated and can be had in round 4.

fischbowl
06-15-2011, 12:09 AM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-announce-two-changes-to-fan-behavior-policy/dec29df0-2cac-4295-b341-9ee9eb2d9101

Can't allow a fan his halftime cigarette? Seriously?

redbills
07-18-2011, 01:20 AM
Why so serious mixtape to drop very soon
http://www.g5gionline.net/category/news/
2 songs out now

SuperMcGee
07-29-2011, 03:54 PM
That was some pretty serious dough we gave to Brad Smith. Had to compensate somehow for not using our first round pick on a kick returner.

redbills
07-30-2011, 04:42 PM
3.75 mill per yr = serious dough ?

cvv84
07-31-2011, 12:03 PM
Looks like you guys are getting Nick Barnett. He's still a descent player but he's been pretty streaky the past few seasons along with injury prone. Still has some left in the tank and I think he'll be pretty motivated this season.

redbills
08-01-2011, 07:07 AM
More moves the bills should do

Cut Kelsay, go all out 34 quit bsing around.
Cut Torbor
Cut David Martin
Cut Cordaro Howard/Mansfield Wrotto
Sign OLB Matt Roth
Sign ILB Channing Crowder
Sign TE Kevin Boss
Sign OT Ryan Harris/Jared Gaither

Rob S
08-01-2011, 08:58 PM
I'm okay with the Brad Smith deal. We have some really explosive guys on our offense now. We just need a QB to get it to them in space.

SuperMcGee
08-13-2011, 08:54 PM
OsX2Q3M8vMo

Iamcanadian
08-13-2011, 09:04 PM
If Merriman keeps playing the way he did tonight, the playoffs might not be a stretch. Let's hope the injury bug doesn't strike him down again.

Rob S
08-15-2011, 08:18 PM
If Merriman keeps playing the way he did tonight, the playoffs might not be a stretch. Let's hope the injury bug doesn't strike him down again.

Playoffs are undoubtedly still a stretch. I have, however, said all along that I think this team will win 6 games.

Matthew Jones
08-16-2011, 08:21 AM
This is probably a long shot, but is anyone going to Bills camp today? I'll be there this afternoon and thought it might be cool to meet a fellow user. Regardless, I'll come back here afterwards and give you guys some info on what I saw.

Rob S
08-16-2011, 04:40 PM
This is probably a long shot, but is anyone going to Bills camp today? I'll be there this afternoon and thought it might be cool to meet a fellow user. Regardless, I'll come back here afterwards and give you guys some info on what I saw.

Unfortunately not, but I am excited to see your report.

holt_bruce81
08-19-2011, 04:07 AM
What's brad Smith's role for you guys? I heard he's working out at Quarterback.

Bills2083
08-19-2011, 10:09 AM
What's brad Smith's role for you guys? I heard he's working out at Quarterback.

He's a slash type player (basically like Kordell Stewart).
In the first preseason game versus the Bears, he lined up at both QB and WR. Here is his stat line for the game:

Passing: 1-3, 11 yards
Rushing: 3 rushes, 16 yards
Receiving: 0 catches, (targeted 3 times if I remember correctly)

He would sub in for Fitzpatrick on some plays, providing the offense with both passing and rushing capabilities. What they're planning on doing with him at the QB is very different than the wildcat, so if you get a chance, I'd tune into the game tomorrow against the Broncos.

This is per Peter King

3. It looked to me like the Bills might be preparing to use Brad Smith more than the Jets did, if that's possible. Early on, the Bills have been highly impressed with the strength and accuracy of Smith's arm. "I don't know if he'll touch the ball four times in a game or 14," Chan Gailey told me. "All I know is he's going to get it a bunch."

Brad Smith is the new Slash. Buffalo signed Smith to a four-year, $15 million deal in late July with the idea that he'll be more than the return man and occasional trick-play specialist he'd been during his five seasons with the Jets. "I've never, ever had the opportunity to throw so much since I've been in the NFL," says the former Missouri quarterback of his first Bills training camp.

Gailey plans to use Smith in much the same way he used Kordell Stewart with the Steelers in 1996 -- as a regular passing, running and receiving threat. "The difference between Kordell and Brad is, Brad's got four or five years of experience," says Gailey. "I think Brad's able to handle a lot more in the first year of our Wildcat than what we did with Kordell that year."

Time will tell whether it will make a real difference in the Bills' overall production, but it ought to be a fascinating experiment.

fischbowl
09-04-2011, 01:02 AM
Really kinda pissed Naaman and Antonio Coleman both were cut

SuperMcGee
09-04-2011, 02:38 PM
Naaman isn't the best receiver but he easily has the best hands on the team and deserved a spot. Sucks even more that this was honestly the best situation for him to potentially succeed in.

Coleman cut is just dumb. The guy lives in the backfield and has been awesome for two straight preseasons. Deserves to be scooped up before we come crawling back once injury strikes.

Both guys who supposedly aren't physically gifted enough but are always the ones out there doing exactly what their job entails. There have been successful short rushing OLB lately and Naaman is money in our 3rd down spread. Ruvell Martin and Donald Jones better be Jabari-like on punt coverage.

fischbowl
09-04-2011, 05:39 PM
If it came down to Eddins/Coleman for the last LB spot, I'd imagine it would be less risky to try and pass Eddins through waivers than Coleman. The cut was asinine, he was an underrated, high motor, pass rusher in a system that desperately needs one. It was an unfortunate slap to the face for Naaman, in my opinion, but I had read that a knee injury possibly did him in.

Both players were practice squad eligible but neither were retained so far. We still have one spot available, but currently it stands as this:

WR Kamar Aiken
QB Levi Brown (who's been terrible all preseason)
TE Mike Caussin
DE Lionel Dotson
NT Michael Jasper (will never amount to more than a pet project IMO)
DB Josh Nesbitt (again Chan staying true to his former Georgia Tech players)
C Michael Switzer

redbills
09-05-2011, 02:08 PM
Coleman will be on the PS imo, he is prob. trying to see if he can get on someones 53 but dont think he will

Naaman>>>R.Martin

fischbowl
09-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Add Sam Young to the OL mix....

That said Ruvell Martin has been released and Doyle Miller has been signed to the practice squad, therefore ruining my pipe dream of ever resigning Antonio Coleman or Naaman again.

SuperMcGee
09-07-2011, 06:30 PM
We actually signed Naaman to the practice squad. Released Switzer to make room.

fischbowl
09-07-2011, 07:18 PM
We actually signed Naaman to the practice squad. Released Switzer to make room.

Holy ****, When!?

redbills
09-07-2011, 08:17 PM
i think yesterday

Rob S
09-08-2011, 06:13 AM
Well, Bills football is nearly back. If our run defense has really improved we have a semi winnable first game on the road imo. If Charles can run riot, we don't have much of a shot.....lets see what Dareus and Kyle Williams can do together.

Vikes99ej
09-10-2011, 04:35 PM
I'm still hard core Vikings fan, but I'm on the Bills bandwagon (if there is one). I have a feeling you guys are going to have a really good season, even if you can't make the playoffs.

Rob S
09-11-2011, 09:15 AM
I'm still hard core Vikings fan, but I'm on the Bills bandwagon (if there is one). I have a feeling you guys are going to have a really good season, even if you can't make the playoffs.

I feel like we could win 6 which would be a good season I guess. The defense will be better and is pretty young, plus we will have one of the best defensive lines in the league with Kyle Williams and Dareus, so thats fun. We just need to find a QB somehow....if we keep winning 5+ games we are going to need to bite the bullet and trade up eventually.

Vikes99ej
09-11-2011, 11:16 AM
I feel like we could win 6 which would be a good season I guess. The defense will be better and is pretty young, plus we will have one of the best defensive lines in the league with Kyle Williams and Dareus, so thats fun. We just need to find a QB somehow....if we keep winning 5+ games we are going to need to bite the bullet and trade up eventually.

Not a big fan of Fitzpatrick? How is your offensive line looking this season?

Rob S
09-11-2011, 11:25 AM
Not a big fan of Fitzpatrick? How is your offensive line looking this season?

Fitzy is fine as a stop gap, but I am not happy with him as a long term option. The OL is going to be pretty bad again this year. Eric Wood I above average, but everyone else is average or worse.

fischbowl
09-11-2011, 04:02 PM
Well, gentlemen....we actually showed up and played football today.

Rob S
09-11-2011, 05:30 PM
Best Bills game in a long time. I found myself waiting for the implosion and then it never came and that made me a happy panda!

SuperMcGee
09-11-2011, 05:54 PM
Definitely the most impressive game in a while, probably since the early part of 3 years ago. He's going to get little love from the national media about this one, but Freddy was amazing today and clearly still our best player on offense.

Vikes99ej
09-11-2011, 06:19 PM
Watched this game before the Vikes. Fred Jackson is kinda underrated.

Rob S
09-12-2011, 12:05 AM
Yeah, Freddy was great. Honestly, everyone was great this game. We just beat them badly in every facet of the game. Dareus looks awesome and is commanding doubles already.

Now the only question is whether the Chiefs are this bad or if the Bills actually have a shot at playing .500 ball.

TheBuffaloBills
09-12-2011, 12:17 AM
Yeah, Freddy was great. Honestly, everyone was great this game. We just beat them badly in every facet of the game. Dareus looks awesome and is commanding doubles already.

Now the only question is whether the Chiefs are this bad or if the Bills actually have a shot at playing .500 ball.

It's probably a little bit of both. I don't think the Chiefs are going to be that bad this year. I never judge the success of a team off of preseason play. The Bills seemed to finally get it right with the players and coaching. We were just clicking on all cylinders. Great to see.

Iamcanadian
09-12-2011, 10:29 AM

We lost Poz and Whitner as FA's so I don't think the defense is improved. What FA's will Wilson let go next year.
Wilson will never trade up and pay a prospect more money. Someone tell me how we are anywhere near the cap requirements in the new CBA because I cannot see it.

SuperMcGee
09-12-2011, 11:40 AM
We lost Poz and Whitner as FA's so I don't think the defense is improved. What FA's will Wilson let go next year.
Wilson will never trade up and pay a prospect more money. Someone tell me how we are anywhere near the cap requirements in the new CBA because I cannot see it.

Come on. A player like Dareus, even as a rookie, is an automatic improvement of this defense. What dropoff is there from Poz to Barnett? Nothing is lost from Whitner's play in the box between Scott and Wilson, if you ask me, and he was average at best in coverage. Those were slightly above average players glorified by high draft positions and big tackle numbers. Merriman has looked good, so far, and is a massive improvement should his health hold up.

And it's not like we've been actively trading down to avoid paying guys. It's not that easy to trade into franchise pick slots, unless you're on the phone with the Browns. We just took the best player in the draft and he plays a premium defensive position, I'm not sure where the complaint is coming from at this time. Take yourself off of repeat for a second and see that good moves are being made, even if we didn't give Poz a million billion dollars. The only move that could be questioned is the Evans trade, because we haven't seen much without him, though he wasn't exactly lighting it up and it sure hasn't looked like it's crippled our offense.

Iamcanadian
09-12-2011, 12:55 PM
It is the trend by Wilson that continues to worry me, his failure to pay his players resulting in losing them to FA. We could win 6/7 games but I see no playoff future for us as long as Wilson owns the team.
I just find it frustrating and need to vent somewhere.

Vox Populi
09-14-2011, 11:33 AM
Get The **** Out Of Here Negative Nancy.

SuperMcGee
09-14-2011, 05:09 PM
Eddins on IR. Coleman still not on team. Rectify, plz.

Leon Sandcastle
09-14-2011, 08:06 PM
Real sad about the Marcus Easley situation. I hope that pick doesn't turn out like the Shawn Nelson pick.

RaiderNation
09-14-2011, 11:18 PM
How do you guys think you match up with the Raiders? Should be a fun game to watch since both teams are still relatively young and have explosive players on offense. I personally think one main factor heading into the game is you oline vs our dline. We have a top 5 dline in he NFL and we dominated last night against the Broncos. If you guys are able to run the ball past our dline you will most likely get the win, but I just don't see that happening...

Poz51
09-15-2011, 10:03 AM
How do you guys think you match up with the Raiders? Should be a fun game to watch since both teams are still relatively young and have explosive players on offense. I personally think one main factor heading into the game is you oline vs our dline. We have a top 5 dline in he NFL and we dominated last night against the Broncos. If you guys are able to run the ball past our dline you will most likely get the win, but I just don't see that happening...

My personal thoughts on this game are this; Oakland was not very good coming out to the East coast last year, and dominating the Bronco's... There maybe as many as 10 teams do that this year, they are a mess (similar to us in the recent past), who have nothing resembling a running game. Which I agree that if Buffalo can run the ball, the game tilts in thier favor. I agree the Raiders Oline vs. Buffalo's Dline will play a huge role, although I do think a major key to the game is Buffalo's defense, with Ford and Boss back, particularly Ford the Bills secondary will have to be on alert, but I really think people under estimate this Bills defense. Last year they were run on consistantly, this year is different, Dareus, Barnett and another year in the 3-4 I thought really showed in the K.C. game particularly in the run D that the D has really been upgraded significantly, and the unit as a whole is much better than last years. That would really concern me this year going up against Oakland, however, it does not this year, I think Oakland will run, but not enough to take over the game, and Jason Campbell I dont think will be able to do enough to win the game on his own, Buffalo's secondary is too solid to allow that IMO. Where as vise versa, I think Fitzpatrick matches up better vs. the Oakland secondary and if Buffalo needs to rely on their passing attack, I think they have an advantage particularly when they spread it out and Van Dyke and Chekwa are on the field. Also I like the match up of Williams and Dareus inside vs. Oaklands interior line, where as I think Buffalo's oline holds up a little better vs. Oaklands front although Seyour has always had Buffalo's #, and Houston vs. Bell could be an issue despite Bell having a solid performance last week. Oakland fans are very confident coming into Buffalo on a short week after "dominating" the Broncos last week, that is for sure, although I will take Buffalo's "dominating" performance last week over Oakland's, and take the Bills in a 26-20 type game, very entertaining and close, with Buffalo's improved run D playing a huge part.

How I see the matchup...
Quarterback - Buffalo
Running Backs - Oakland
Recievers - Push/Buffalo
Offensive Line - Push
Defensive Line - Push
Linebackers - Push
Secondary - Buffalo
Special Teams - Push

I'll take Fitzpatrick over Campbell as the ultimate key to the game as I think the teams run D will neutralize each others run games and it will come down to the passing game...

Iamcanadian
09-15-2011, 10:30 AM
The difference maker is McFadden. He is a dominating player and we have no answer for him. Oakland's defensive line will totally dominate our offensive line and Fitzgerald will play the game on his back.
Oakland isn't anything special but they should dominate the game. Although Campbell is never going to take a team to the playoffs, so in the end it is a nothing game between 2 mediocre teams.

RaiderNation
09-15-2011, 01:26 PM
I disagree, and call me a homer if you want, but I think the Raiders have a real shot at making the playoffs this year. When you factor in the Chiefs looking like they are taking a step back, the Broncos being the Broncos, and the Chargers still relying on Rivers to win games, I think the Raiders are going to really make some noise in the AFC West. I expect us to once again do well in the division, I have us going 5-1 spliting with the Chargers, and we have a lot of winnable games with teams that are on par with us as average teams in the NFL.

As for this game, like I said before if we are able to dominate the line of schrimage we will in all likelihood win this game. We are 7 or 8 deep on the dline with quality players, and looking at your guys oline it is average at best. Us Raider fans have seen Pears at RT, and we know he probably should be a back up. In passing situations he will face Kamerion Wimbley who likely will get the best of him and get some pressure on Fitzpatrick. My main concern about your guys offense is you guys have 2 quality backs. Our run defense was very up and down last year, but our defensive cordinator Chuck Bresnahan has said over and over that we will stop the run this year. So far he is right but we will see come Sunday.

Rob S
09-15-2011, 03:34 PM
No point in debating. I think it is clear that the Bills and Raiders are teams that people don't really know what to make of just yet. This weekends game will go a long way in helping people determine that and I think we should just take it in. Also, RN, I think the Raiders maybe could sneak into playoffs, but it is not because they are of playoff quality necessarily. Maybe they could be, but right now the most likely reason we could see Oakland in playoffs is a cream puff division.

redbills
09-15-2011, 09:02 PM
OAK coming to the east cost on a short week = Bills win. 24-17

Rob S
09-15-2011, 09:53 PM
You hitting up Faddy's anytime soon, Fisch?

fischbowl
09-15-2011, 10:52 PM
You hitting up Faddy's anytime soon, Fisch?

Kelly's on Avenue A and 1st Street.

http://www.kellysnyc.com/photos/63.JPG

Less of the typical Murray Hill **** show that Faddy's is, plus 24 oz Blues for me to beast on all game

Rob S
09-15-2011, 11:26 PM
Kelly's on Avenue A and 1st Street.

http://www.kellysnyc.com/photos/63.JPG

Less of the typical Murray Hill **** show that Faddy's is, plus 24 oz Blues for me to beast on all game

How much are the brews? Do they do any gameday specials? $20 for unlimited beer and wings is pretty tough to top. I much prefer the LES to midtown though, so Kelly's could work.

fischbowl
09-16-2011, 08:50 AM
How much are the brews? Do they do any gameday specials? $20 for unlimited beer and wings is pretty tough to top. I much prefer the LES to midtown though, so Kelly's could work.

$6 for 24 oz cans. They have wings, but I've never bought them.

Poz51
09-16-2011, 09:32 AM
The difference maker is McFadden. He is a dominating player and we have no answer for him. Oakland's defensive line will totally dominate our offensive line and Fitzgerald will play the game on his back.
Oakland isn't anything special but they should dominate the game. Although Campbell is never going to take a team to the playoffs, so in the end it is a nothing game between 2 mediocre teams.

The difference maker for KC last week was Charles... 10 carries 56 yards.... Nationally we had no answer for him and McCluster who both were only able to run when Buffalo was playing coverage, the majority of their yards gained.

If Tommy Kelly says: "We aint the Chiefs", Im telling McFadden: "We aint the Bronco's", 150 yards on the Bronco's sounds about the norm for this season. Our answer should be clear for any Bills fan who paid attention this offseason, because unlike Denver, we actually took steps to fix the problem.
Didnt K.C. lead the the league in rushing last year?

Sure enough Oakland has a great DT in Seymour, and Kelly is no slouch either, their defensive line will present problems, and could take over the game, but again ours is not slouch either anymore, and last I checked Oaklands offensive line is not top of the line...

Saying Oakland will dominate the game because the Bills have no answer for McFadden, is like saying they dominated the Broncos. It has no merit.
If Buffalo stops Darren "Dominatinor" McFadden, like they did Jamal "Dominator" Charles, what do the Raiders lean on? A banged up, depleated recieving core and Jason Campbell?

Poz51
09-16-2011, 11:55 AM
I disagree, and call me a homer if you want, but I think the Raiders have a real shot at making the playoffs this year. When you factor in the Chiefs looking like they are taking a step back, the Broncos being the Broncos, and the Chargers still relying on Rivers to win games, I think the Raiders are going to really make some noise in the AFC West. I expect us to once again do well in the division, I have us going 5-1 spliting with the Chargers, and we have a lot of winnable games with teams that are on par with us as average teams in the NFL.

As for this game, like I said before if we are able to dominate the line of schrimage we will in all likelihood win this game. We are 7 or 8 deep on the dline with quality players, and looking at your guys oline it is average at best. Us Raider fans have seen Pears at RT, and we know he probably should be a back up. In passing situations he will face Kamerion Wimbley who likely will get the best of him and get some pressure on Fitzpatrick. My main concern about your guys offense is you guys have 2 quality backs. Our run defense was very up and down last year, but our defensive cordinator Chuck Bresnahan has said over and over that we will stop the run this year. So far he is right but we will see come Sunday.

I would agree with you that the Raiders have a real shot at making the play-offs this year, very similarly to the way the Chiefs did last year. Although I think they are more of a 7-9 or 8-8 team myself, despite the dline strength, I think they are offensively challenged in the passing game... Winable games for sure, although I think the next 4 weeks will tell alot about the Raiders as a team. The non-divisional schedule is not easy...

The depth at dline is certainly a strength for Oakland and will factor into the game, no doubt, Pears will probably give up another sack this week, but I just dont see how that defensive line masks the injuries in the recieving core, Jason Campbell, or the offenisve line for the Raiders, Wiz, Coop and Satele will have thier hands full with Williams and Dareus. I think there are many aspects of the Bills that are being overlooked nationally in this matchup, although everyone/computer at espn picking the Bills makes me nervous...

I am not saying that the Bills win hands down, I can easily see the Raiders pulling it out, especially if they are healthy at WR, the running game is effective and Campbell can make some throws, I just think the Bills put the game in Campbell hands, and watching virtually every skins game for the last 6 or so years, know that is generally a plus for the opposing team... I think both teams are trending upward, and look forward to an good game sunday.

vidae
09-16-2011, 05:24 PM
Ok listen up and listen good.. I was gracious when you guys completely steamrolled us on Sunday and now you have to return the favor:

PLEASE do the same to the Raiders for the love of all that is holy, PLEASE! :D

2-0 Bills, gogogo!

Rob S
09-16-2011, 05:33 PM
Ok listen up and listen good.. I was gracious when you guys completely steamrolled us on Sunday and now you have to return the favor:

PLEASE do the same to the Raiders for the love of all that is holy, PLEASE! :D

2-0 Bills, gogogo!

I like the way you think, Vidae. From your mouth to God's ears.......

Rob S
09-16-2011, 09:12 PM
So, Jacoby Ford is out for the Raiders. This is good news. Honestly, I think if we keep DMC even somewhat in check we should win. I say this under the assumption that Fitzpatrick is somewhat for real and doesn't go into super-gunslinger confidence mode and rack up the INTs by trying to force ridiculous throws.

Rob S
09-18-2011, 03:23 PM
What a game! Jesus.

SuperMcGee
09-18-2011, 03:27 PM
Amazing. So amazing. I love the Bills. Can't stop shaking.

Rob S
09-18-2011, 11:02 PM
That settles it. Im trying to go to the Pats game.

redbills
09-18-2011, 11:13 PM
That settles it. Im trying to go to the Pats game.

might see ya there if we can get some cheap tix.

SuperMcGee
09-19-2011, 04:56 PM
Between Easley going to IR, Ruvell Martin having no catches on 3 targets that hit him, and Roscoe now being out long term - is there any doubt that it's time for some Naaman?

Rob S
09-19-2011, 08:17 PM
Between Easley going to IR, Ruvell Martin having no catches on 3 targets that hit him, and Roscoe now being out long term - is there any doubt that it's time for some Naaman?

Gotta be. I'm so jacked up for the Pats game, please no classic Bills letdown :(

SolidGold
09-20-2011, 10:26 AM
You guys have done great so far, a real exciting team to watch. I am glad Fitzpatrick is having success, he is a good QB and has a cool back story IMO.

I'm just mapping out a mock draft, I think you guys will probably be picking in the late teens/early 20s. Would you say the biggest need is a LT? I think Datko or Reily Reiff would be great picks. A WR like Jeff Fuller would also make sense.

Anyways it is great to see the Bills off to a hot start. They haven't been this exciting to watch since the days of Flutie!!!!

Bills2083
09-20-2011, 05:41 PM
Parrish has officially gone to the IR, and Roosevelt has been called up to the 53 man roster.
And I was listening to the Edge today and they were talking about how with Urbik out 2-4 weeks, we only have 1 interior lineman left (depth-wise).. Colin Brown. We just signed Keith Williams to the PS, and Michael Jasper. That is flat out embarrassing. We desperately need help on the OLine. There is little to no depth across the board, whatsoever.

And SolidGold, to answer your question..
We seem to have quite a few needs to be honest. Demetrius Bell, our starting LT, has not looked bad at all since the regular season started. But he seems to run hot and cold. One week he'll be good, and the next he flat out sucks. So LT is a possibility. However, Gailey seems to really like Hairston at LT and is grooming him to be the starter there (I think). I'd like to see the other Bills fans on here weigh in on that. Our pass-rush has been absent throughout the first two games, so that may be an issue. I really don't see Merriman staying healthy for 17 weeks, as well. However, the two teams we've played so far possess run-heavy offenses, so that may be a possibility as to why we have not blitzed too much. This week's game against NE should be a good game to see where we stand in that department. Our CBs haven't looked great.. McGee is always hurt, and McKelvin seems to get burned every other day. Gailey seems to be losing his patience with him, or at least that's how he sounded in the training camp interviews. WR could be another possibility, but I think that'll be addressed in the middle rounds somewhere. Hope that helps and I'd like to hear some other Bills fans' opinions.

Rob S
09-20-2011, 09:43 PM
Parrish has officially gone to the IR, and Roosevelt has been called up to the 53 man roster.
And I was listening to the Edge today and they were talking about how with Urbik out 2-4 weeks, we only have 1 interior lineman left (depth-wise).. Colin Brown. We just signed Keith Williams to the PS, and Michael Jasper. That is flat out embarrassing. We desperately need help on the OLine. There is little to no depth across the board, whatsoever.

And SolidGold, to answer your question..
We seem to have quite a few needs to be honest. Demetrius Bell, our starting LT, has not looked bad at all since the regular season started. But he seems to run hot and cold. One week he'll be good, and the next he flat out sucks. So LT is a possibility. However, Gailey seems to really like Hairston at LT and is grooming him to be the starter there (I think). I'd like to see the other Bills fans on here weigh in on that. Our pass-rush has been absent throughout the first two games, so that may be an issue. I really don't see Merriman staying healthy for 17 weeks, as well. However, the two teams we've played so far possess run-heavy offenses, so that may be a possibility as to why we have not blitzed too much. This week's game against NE should be a good game to see where we stand in that department. Our CBs haven't looked great.. McGee is always hurt, and McKelvin seems to get burned every other day. Gailey seems to be losing his patience with him, or at least that's how he sounded in the training camp interviews. WR could be another possibility, but I think that'll be addressed in the middle rounds somewhere. Hope that helps and I'd like to hear some other Bills fans' opinions.

If we spend another premium pick on a CB, I will kill someone. Assuming Fitz doesn't implode, I think OT and OLB are our 2 most pressing needs. I also wouldn't mind using early selections on a MLB or WR if the right prospect was there.

Bills2083
09-20-2011, 09:49 PM
If we spend another premium pick on a CB, I will kill someone. Assuming Fitz doesn't implode, I think OT and OLB are our 2 most pressing needs. I also wouldn't mind using early selections on a MLB or WR if the right prospect was there.

As will I. But if McKelvin fails to improve over the course of the season, I will as well. Hopefully Williams makes some major strides and flashes some potential over the course of the season. I'm really hoping that Bell is consistent over the course of the season (yeah, right) so we can finally scratch LT off the list of needs. I'd like to see RG upgraded for sure, but not in the 1st. RT is a need, as well. We absolutely need to get some pass-rushers in here because that is imperative in the 3-4. What are your thoughts on Burfict at ILB? Who would you compare him to that is currently in the league?

Rob S
09-20-2011, 10:25 PM
As will I. But if McKelvin fails to improve over the course of the season, I will as well. Hopefully Williams makes some major strides and flashes some potential over the course of the season. I'm really hoping that Bell is consistent over the course of the season (yeah, right) so we can finally scratch LT off the list of needs. I'd like to see RG upgraded for sure, but not in the 1st. RT is a need, as well. We absolutely need to get some pass-rushers in here because that is imperative in the 3-4. What are your thoughts on Burfict at ILB? Who would you compare him to that is currently in the league?

I ******* love Burfict. Like man crush status. As far as a comparison, I have no idea....the only way to describe his play is INTENSE; kinda like a poor man's old school Ray Lewis. Thats not a great comparison though.....idk, you need to see him play. I also love Michael Floyd. Not surprisingly, those are the 2 guys I was referring to as "the right prospects" as I figure they could be coming off the board around where we should pick.

Bills2083
09-20-2011, 10:48 PM
I ******* love Burfict. Like man crush status. As far as a comparison, I have no idea....the only way to describe his play is INTENSE; kinda like a poor man's old school Ray Lewis. Thats not a great comparison though.....idk, you need to see him play. I also love Michael Floyd. Not surprisingly, those are the 2 guys I was referring to as "the right prospects" as I figure they could be coming off the board around where we should pick.

Is Burfict strictly an ILB? Or even, would his talents be better suited for the inside? I really hate when the team switches players in and out of positions (ala Moats/Batten). Kind of a square peg in a round hole mentality. I'd rather just pick one and stick to it so they can maximize the player's potential. A Burfict/Sheppard ILB pair could be possible next year.

And in terms of a comparison (I'm just throwing this one out there.. I've never really watched Burfict play much), what do you think of a Burfict/Urlacher comparison?

Rob S
09-20-2011, 11:03 PM
I actually think Vontaze could play outside because he is such an amazing blitzer. I don't love the Urlacher comparison because Vontaze isn't nearly as good in coverage and he is a better blitzer and much bigger hitter. Burfict is actually pretty smooth in coverage, but he has elite blitzing ability, so its almost a waste to drop him.

Bills2083
09-20-2011, 11:06 PM
I actually think Vontaze could play outside because he is such an amazing blitzer. I don't love the Urlacher comparison because Vontaze isn't nearly as good in coverage and he is a better blitzer and much bigger hitter. Burfict is actually pretty smooth in coverage, but he has elite blitzing ability, so its almost a waste to drop him.

So you think that he should be switched to the rush 'backer position in our 3-4? Because Davis is our thumper, and Barnett hasn't blitzed much.

Here's a good article about him from SportingNews.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2011-07-28/the-meanest-man-in-college-football-vontaze-burfict

SuperMcGee
09-20-2011, 11:45 PM
Is Burfict strictly an ILB? Or even, would his talents be better suited for the inside? I really hate when the team switches players in and out of positions (ala Moats/Batten). Kind of a square peg in a round hole mentality. I'd rather just pick one and stick to it so they can maximize the player's potential. A Burfict/Sheppard ILB pair could be possible next year.

And in terms of a comparison (I'm just throwing this one out there.. I've never really watched Burfict play much), what do you think of a Burfict/Urlacher comparison?

We haven't switched Batten around since the initial change when we drafted him, which was the only place he could fit in our defense. Our fascination with standing up Carrington is a lot more interesting, but I think that's just because we're a lot deeper at DE than OLB. Moats is still very interesting once he's healthy, since we never replaced Eddins at OLB and he is an interesting rush option either inside or out.

Rob S
09-21-2011, 08:03 AM
So you think that he should be switched to the rush 'backer position in our 3-4? Because Davis is our thumper, and Barnett hasn't blitzed much.

Here's a good article about him from SportingNews.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2011-07-28/the-meanest-man-in-college-football-vontaze-burfict

I think he would still be better suited for the middle, but he could move outside.

Rob S
09-23-2011, 08:17 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I am absolutely juiced for this game on Sunday.

SuperMcGee
09-25-2011, 05:42 PM
So who else was there? So ******* amazing. So ******* amazing!

Buffalo party.

vidae
09-25-2011, 07:14 PM
Congrats guys! What a great game! I was cheering for you from the start.

cmarq83
09-25-2011, 08:20 PM
Congrats guys, I can imagine what it must feel like to end a streak like that. See you later this year ;)

fischbowl
09-25-2011, 10:45 PM
ELATION! SWEET, SWEET VICTORY!

I love you all, I love my ******* Buffalo Bills, finally making me a proud little man today.

Rob S
09-25-2011, 11:16 PM
2011 Buffalo Bills #swagpersonified #whysoserious #BillsMafia #FitzMagic #I'msoeffingdrunk

SuperMcGee
09-26-2011, 12:02 AM
Can't say enough about the swag. Freddy is feeling it and I love it so much. Dancing on the sidelines after breaking off big runs. Firing up the crowd. Taking the touchdown flag and waving it around in victory. Just ******** on any defense in front of him. I don't know the last time I've liked an athlete this much.

redbills
09-26-2011, 12:07 AM
!!!!!!!! We fing won vs the Pats*!!!!!!

Rob S
09-26-2011, 06:54 AM
Ugh. Work is going to suck today. It was completely worth it though!

Nalej
09-26-2011, 07:37 AM
Great game and victory for you guys. Congrats. Can't wait for Rd 2 :)

Bills2083
09-26-2011, 08:12 AM
Guys, I am a poor college student, but I have season tickets in the most expensive non-club/box seats (due to my whole family sitting there). I couldn't afford to go to every game, so prior to the season I let my cousin buy my seat at the Pats game, figuring that it would be a definite loss. What a terrible decision that turned out to be, missing the team's first win against NE in 8 years. But either way,

WE BEAT NEW ENGLAND and are atop not only our division but CONFERENCE!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Poz51
09-26-2011, 10:30 AM
I still dont believe what I have just seen a day later, I dont even know how to react... That was... Wow... Wow...

SuperMcGee
09-26-2011, 04:25 PM
I'm gonna have to get back out to the stadium sometime this week to try and find my voice.

Rob S
09-30-2011, 09:17 AM
Potential trap game coming up this weekend. Bengals have a good defense.

redbills
10-02-2011, 01:18 AM
Bills - 27 , Bengals - 24

Rob S
10-02-2011, 04:26 PM
Ugh......I'm bitter about that Stevie Johnson call, but we didn't deserve to win that game. We were completely flat in the 2nd half.

abie006
10-03-2011, 01:28 AM
Ugh......I'm bitter about that Stevie Johnson call, but we didn't deserve to win that game. We were completely flat in the 2nd half.

I am also sad about this.. but there are still lots of games cummin'...

Poz51
10-03-2011, 11:51 AM

That was a horrible call (certainly did not help in the loss, but would have helped...), where did the ref who made that call come from? The two I saw closest to the play ruled it a catch, then ?? came in from ??, and ruled ??

I agree though, we did not do anything in the 2nd half to win the game, and I thought Fitzy did not have a good game in general, missed alot of open recievers on blitz's, and was horribly inaccurate the whole game...

Speaking of blitzing... Has anyone else noticed Buffalo does not? I think I counted 3 against Cincy, and one against NE. Is it me?

Watching the Skins, Packers and Jets games yesterday, in addition to the Bills game, do the refs call holding anymore? The Troup hold on the Gresham TD was an obvious blown call (although the ref was staring at it), Skins game there was several, its something I have noticed the last couple weeks... Is it me?

Good news is the Eagles can not stop the run, Trent Cole is out for the game, and they can not cover a back or a TE worth crap... Thoughts on how this plays out?

Rob S
10-03-2011, 05:38 PM
I agree, we don't blitz much. Of course I can't be positive as to why, but our LBers sucking ass is the most likely explanation. I feel like we should have brought the house on at least a few occasions to see if Dalton would **** his pants.

As for the Eagles, I see it being a close one. It's at home which is huge. I think a lot of it will come down to how we do against Vick. I think our offense will score, but I think Shady McCoy and D Jax will get theirs. If we can keep Vick from making big plays and keep Maclin in check, then I think we win.

Iamcanadian
10-04-2011, 09:01 AM
It was a trap game emotionally for the team. After being sky high for NE, they couldn't get up for Cincy. The really solid teams win these games narrowly, average teams get beat.
We are a dangerous team who all the top teams won't like facing but we are probably not a playoff team.

igglefanz
10-06-2011, 05:40 AM
Not only is Cole out for that game but also Peters. He is Shady's favorite person to run behind so that will be another bonus for you. Also get Watkins playing his first game at RG on the year. As bad as Devan has played so far this year may be an upgrade even then first start for a rookie there.

Another issue with Cole being out is that the Eagles may move Jenkins at times to end along with Hunt. With the loss of Dixon the middle of that line they may be even more exposed there.

The Eagles are a desperate team and this game could go either way. I think the Eagles will barely slip by but if the Bills win wouldn't surprise me. There is alot of talent there and a good young team that will only get better. Good luck on Sunday!

fischbowl
10-11-2011, 03:49 PM
http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics22/200/VS/VSEMXEYOBRULFLR.20090902194205.JPG

We just signed this dude to the practice squad

Rob S
10-14-2011, 03:08 PM
I really hope we don't lose this weekend. Living in NYC when the Bills lose to the Giants or Jets sucks.

SuperMcGee
10-14-2011, 03:19 PM
Our front-7 looks pretty beat up. Barnett should play but I'm hearing Merriman is doubtful. Kyle Williams is also up in the air. My guess would be a lot of Carrington standing up with Moats and Batten as the only healthy OLB and neither of them being too strong. Really interested to see the looks we give, especially after all the pressure we generated last week. Hopefully Troup can go fully, even if Williams does play.

Bills2083
10-14-2011, 04:06 PM
Our front-7 looks pretty beat up. Barnett should play but I'm hearing Merriman is doubtful. Kyle Williams is also up in the air. My guess would be a lot of Carrington standing up with Moats and Batten as the only healthy OLB and neither of them being too strong. Really interested to see the looks we give, especially after all the pressure we generated last week. Hopefully Troup can go fully, even if Williams does play.

I thought Troup was expected to be out a little bit due to his back issues?

SuperMcGee
10-14-2011, 04:14 PM
He's been practicing.

From yesterday:

Earlier in the week Gailey said a decision on Williams’ availability for Sunday could hinge on how healthy fellow NT Torell Troup is for Sunday’s game. Troup practiced fully on Wednesday and again Thursday.
“He looked like he did alright out there,” said Gailey of Troup. “He got better.”
When asked if Troup will be able to go Sunday Gailey said, “I think so. It looks like it to me.”

shylo3716
10-14-2011, 06:25 PM
I'm not a Bills fan, but if anyone can answer me, I would like to know how have you guys been utilizing Roscoe Parrish this year?

I know he will be a FA at the end of the season and also would like to know will you be bringing him back?

Rob S
10-14-2011, 06:28 PM
I'm not a Bills fan, but if anyone can answer me, I would like to know how have you guys been utilizing Roscoe Parrish this year?

I know he will be a FA at the end of the season and also would like to know will you be bringing him back?

He is injured for the season. I doubt we bring him back, but he is an explosive little player. Not anything special, but he can flip a game every now and then with a big play.

shylo3716
10-14-2011, 06:31 PM
He is injured for the season. I doubt we bring him back, but he is an explosive little player. Not anything special, but he can flip a game every now and then with a big play.

I was not aware of the injury at all.....When did it occur and what type of injury?

Rob S
10-14-2011, 06:38 PM
I was not aware of the injury at all.....When did it occur and what type of injury?

It happened in week 2, an ankle injury. I'm pretty sure he broke it, but I can't say that for sure.

shylo3716
10-14-2011, 06:41 PM
It happened in week 2, an ankle injury. I'm pretty sure he broke it, but I can't say that for sure.

Just a little curious, because I played with the Bills in Madden and he was like the 4-5 WR on depth chart.

Rob S
10-14-2011, 06:42 PM
Just a little curious, because I played with the Bills in Madden and he was like the 4-5 WR on depth chart.

He was working out of the slot for us before the injury. I hope he catches on somewhere, I've always liked him.

fischbowl
10-15-2011, 12:17 AM
Rob, are you going Sunday?

Rob S
10-15-2011, 08:14 PM
Rob, are you going Sunday?

No, possibly Faddy's though. Tix to the Meadowlads are so effing expensive. I am going to Bills-Jets and Bills-Phins in Buffalo though. I honestly prefer making the drive all the way to Buffalo....tix are so much cheaper, the atmosphere is much better and total cost is really close including the gas.

I did hear about this $40 bus thing with unlimited beer and hot dogs that take people to all Jets and Giants games. That intrigued me and almost made me get some tix.

Bills2083
10-16-2011, 10:37 AM
Kyle Williams is out today... that is terrible news, but we did play the whole second half without him vs. the Eagles

Vikes99ej
10-16-2011, 02:58 PM
You guys need some smarter more intelligent DBs. **** I am so angry

Vikes99ej
10-16-2011, 03:06 PM
At least it was an entertaining game.

redbills
10-16-2011, 03:35 PM
The refs suck ass this yr. seems like we always get f'ed over a few times a game.

Like how did fred jack not get a PI call on a like 3rd and 4 he was getting held like a mofo, it was more PI than the late one d-flo got. and there were more but cant think.

and Fitz needs to hit SJ13 on those 2 INTs SJ had 2-3 steps both times

we have no/little pass rush. its funny to watch other games and see teams that can rush the QB makes their DBs look good as the QB has 2-3 secs. but watch a bills the QB has all day.

Bills2083
10-16-2011, 05:55 PM
As of right now, what are our top needs heading into the offseason?

redbills
10-16-2011, 06:23 PM
As of right now, what are our top needs heading into the offseason?

PASS RUSH
We have none.

CB
McGee old, McLovin meh, D-Flo old, Williams could become a good #2 type, Rogers as a nickle/dime DB.

WR
SJ #1 guy, Jones I like more as a backup, Nelson the solt, Parrish is sure as gone imo. Easley I like but needs to be healthy.

O-Line (OT and depth C/G)

Vox Populi
10-17-2011, 03:05 AM
Posted this elsewhere, but here is what I have to say today.

"Fitzpatrick's two under throws and Flroence's terrible coverage gave that game away. Both picks Stevie had more than a step and a half on Webster, and Florence had 3 PI's ontop of all the passes he gave up all day. Got beat like a drum."

"I'm not going to even get started on how pathetic the Bills pass rush is because I've just accepted it at this point. They've had 4 sacks all year and get zero pressure unless the coverage holds up for 20 seconds. Williams and Merriman being injured only makes things worse. I really hope they pick up a pass rusher in the off season, anyone can pass on the Bills right now if they don't throw 4 picks like Vick and Brady. If they put a pass rush together the Bills will be real, but until then at best they're a borderline wildcard team that plays everyone tough."

As far as our off-season needs, re-sign Fitzpatrick, Stevie, probably Bell, Pears, Urbik and Rinehart. It would be nice to have some continuity even if hopefully some of the starters up front got pushed to backup roles and just provided much better depth than what we have already, but honestly, the line has been great all year. We'll probably re-sign Lindell, Bryan Scott and Reggie Corner too, the only guy I'd really worry about is Stevie because he might have too big of a head for Buffalo, but we'll find out. If we lost him we'd be ******, but theres always the franchise tag and who knows how Nelson, Jones and Roosevelt will progress.

If we wanted to pick up anyone in free agency, right now theres some pretty nice looking players to be had that might be available. Stealing Ahmad Brooks from the 49ers would be unbelievable, same Anthony Spencer but I can't see him leaving Dallas. Rashean Mathis might be worth a look, replace one former Jag in Florence with another one in Mathis... I'd rather not pick up any older veterans in free agency though, just getting Ahmad Brooks would be amazing.

draft at least 4 linebackers... The offense is fine, just pick up a couple journeymen backup offensive linemen, the defense needs to get its **** together a lot more. Maybe drop a mid-rounder on a receiver that we could develop or an athletic tight end with upside.

Now I'd like to take some time to bash on Andra Davis. He is actually the worst linebacker I've seen play in years, I'm not even kidding, I think he is legitimately on the field to run into the pile and just occupy someone and we hope that George Wilson or Jairus Byrd can come up and make a play on the runner at the LOS if they find a gap. Him in coverage is the most painful thing to watch ever. Him on Bradshaw was just embarrassing, and then even against a no name tight-end he was getting completely slaughtered in coverage, he has no speed at all and I hate him.

None of our linebackers are really long-term starting material as far as I'm concerned (Merriman, Kelsay and Barnett are adequate but 3 adequate guys and then a rookie/piece of **** in the Davis/Sheppard rotation is a pretty ****** 4 man team of linebackers). Sheppard is a complete unknown for me now, I see him involved in some interior running plays sometimes but that's about it. Moats is pretty obviously the best pass rusher we have when given an opportunity, but he is undersized and inconsistent. I've stated my hatred for Davis, but neither he, nor Barnett offer any real pressure as blitzers from anywhere on the field. Kirk Morrison used to be kind of athletic but all I remember from his days in Oakland is people saying he gets completely washed out in the run game and makes plays 5+ yards down field which isn't helpful at all. He was available in late August for a reason. Merriman and Kelsay are both hurt right now, but neither of them are ever going to improve upon what they are right now, and that is just sad. White and Batten will never be more than special teams players. Carrington just simply is not a linebacker, he is 300+ and is just waiting for more playing time, but we're pretty set up front with solid players throughout the rotation of Dareus, Edwards and Johnson, and both Dareus and Johnson can provide some pressure from their spots, but without an edge rush forcing quarterbacks to step up into the pocket that they're pushing, its pretty useless as we saw when Andy Dalton rolled right on every single play against us a few weeks ago and just did what he wanted for 8 seconds and usually ended up finding Gresham or something... Today Eli didn't even have to roll away from the interior pressure usually.

Invest heavy in big athletic linebackers on draft day next year please, Mr. Nix. I know Gailey would love to play with some more talent on offense, and the results might not be as noticeable right away by investing more in the defense, but do it please... Or find a way to get Robert Mathis from the Colts and just tell him to rush the passer every play and force people to either roll left or step up into Williams and Dareus...

SuperMcGee
10-17-2011, 03:38 PM
I don't disagree with the need for linebackers, but Vick threw 4 picks because of our pass rush. That was the only time I've seen us get pressure and doesn't really change things, but it was a direct cause.

Sheppard was actually the one who forced the pick-6 in that game when he got right at Vick untouched. I think they've said he's the starter over Davis now, but it's really just hoping for good progression from him rather than solving our problems.

Shouldn't be any doubt that OLB is our biggest need.

Bills2083
10-17-2011, 03:54 PM
I read over on BBMB that Sheppard is going to be starting in place of Davis from now on.
Can anyone else confirm/refute this?

Also, does anyone else have a mancrush on Corey McIntyre?

SuperMcGee
10-17-2011, 04:12 PM
I love McIntyre, and it helps that he's always good for an indecent exposure joke every week.

redbills
10-17-2011, 10:40 PM
I read over on BBMB that Sheppard is going to be starting in place of Davis from now on.
Can anyone else confirm/refute this?

Also, does anyone else have a mancrush on Corey McIntyre?

JoeB_WGR Joe Buscaglia
Kelvin Sheppard, while not named the starting ILB outright, will get the majority of snaps moving forward according to Gailey. #Bills

Poz51
10-27-2011, 10:05 AM
Any one else think switching back to the 4-3 might not be such a bad idea?

SuperMcGee
10-27-2011, 12:21 PM
Over/Under 3.5 sacks for Coleman on Sunday?

As for the scheme, it really comes down to getting an outside linebacker. Kelsay would start in the near future at either LE or OLB. But what would we have at RE in the 4-3? I know OLB is just as much of a wreck, at the moment, but Carrington, Johnson, and Edwards all fit as 34 ends. If Troup can get healthy, then more seasoning for him/Dareus/Carrington puts us in a great position on the line moving forward. Sure, nothing is lost with Williams and Dareus playing 4-3, but I don't see it as a positive move or even a lateral move, all things considered. I'm willing to roll with Barnett and Shepp and see how that goes inside. Pass rush is a lost cause in either scheme with our current personnel.

fischbowl
10-27-2011, 02:10 PM
Over/Under 3.5 sacks for Coleman on Sunday?

At least 5 sacks, McGee, it's Antonio ******* Coleman we're talking about here

Leon Sandcastle
10-28-2011, 01:27 PM
6 yrs, 59 million, 24 GTD, 33 in the first 3 years for Fitzy.

Essentially a 3/33 million dollar deal. Good signing for both parties.

redbills
10-28-2011, 05:05 PM
didnt think he would get that much.

Rob S
10-28-2011, 08:15 PM
didnt think he would get that much.

Eh, that's the going rate. If Kolb and Cassel got that kinda money.....

SuperMcGee
10-30-2011, 06:38 PM
Awesome game, but I don't know how you couldn't be looking at next week already. Big, big game.

fischbowl
10-30-2011, 06:52 PM
Awesome game, but I don't know how you couldn't be looking at next week already. Big, big game.

**** THE JETS! **** THE JETS!

redbills
10-31-2011, 06:22 PM
**** THE JETS! **** THE JETS!

this!!!!!!!!!!

Iamcanadian
11-01-2011, 10:49 PM
It was a very good win considering we play the Jets next. Could easily have been a trap game with the team looking ahead to New York.

Bills2083
11-03-2011, 03:54 PM
Are any of you guys heading out to the Ralph on Sunday?

SuperMcGee
11-03-2011, 03:57 PM
Doubtful. Get into a fight for me if you do, though.

heavyduty
11-03-2011, 10:17 PM
i'll be there, taking a bus down from canada, gunna be a crazy day

heavyduty
11-03-2011, 10:21 PM
i seen on twitter that barnett is trying to get a white out at this game since we are wearing our white jerseys at home for the first time in 50 years. Hopefully they will hand out white T's or towels or something.

Bills2083
11-04-2011, 03:56 PM
i seen on twitter that barnett is trying to get a white out at this game since we are wearing our white jerseys at home for the first time in 50 years. Hopefully they will hand out white T's or towels or something.

They're handing out 50,000 pom poms.
Ehh, I think the team should've footed the bill for t-shirts if they really wanted a white-out.

Rob S
11-04-2011, 10:26 PM
I'm departing early tomorrow for the promised land and will be attending. I must see the Bills win Sunday!

Didn't hear about this white out thing though.....I guess I will just rock a white tee.

Bills2083
11-04-2011, 11:48 PM
Rob, where are your seats? And are you tailgating? My group is planning on being there at 8 or 9

Rob S
11-05-2011, 07:30 PM
Rob, where are your seats? And are you tailgating? My group is planning on being there at 8 or 9

Not exactly sure on the seats. My dad bought them, pretty sure they are cheapies though.

Probably won't be tailgating since I'm with the family. I will be up for a December game too though and will be getting there nice an early for that one.

Bills2083
11-06-2011, 05:43 AM
do any of you guys have a saved picture of the NY Jets crashing and burning? A user on this MB uses that, along with a Bills fan in buffalo poop, and a dolphin as sushi. I want to incorporate it into a shirt I'm making before the game today. ++++rep

fischbowl
11-06-2011, 06:36 PM
****, dudes, that was embarassing

Vox Populi
11-07-2011, 11:06 PM
Posted this in the week 9 discussion thread, figured I'd throw it in here too.

Kyle Williams is done for the year in Buffalo and Lindell is out 4-6 weeks. They can probably get to 8 wins with games left against the Dolphins x2 and Broncos, with a winnable games against the Titans. The rest of the schedule is @Dallas, New England, New York Jets and San Diego. I'm not too optimistic about the Bills making the playoffs right now, but unless they win the division, with 3 teams battling it out, and two with better records in the AFC North I doubt it will happen.

heavyduty
11-08-2011, 12:59 AM
Posted this in the week 9 discussion thread, figured I'd throw it in here too.

Kyle Williams is done for the year in Buffalo and Lindell is out 4-6 weeks. They can probably get to 8 wins with games left against the Dolphins x2 and Broncos, with a winnable games against the Titans. The rest of the schedule is @Dallas, New England, New York Jets and San Diego. I'm not too optimistic about the Bills making the playoffs right now, but unless they win the division, with 3 teams battling it out, and two with better records in the AFC North I doubt it will happen.

Losing Williams definitely sucks, but Dareus's play at NT and the overall play of our DE's still gives us a pretty strong front 3. I'm worried about going into New England at the end of the season and playing NYJ at home scares me too, other then that tho i honestly see the other 6 games very winable. I know the Chargers are always tough in the second half of the season and Rivers will probably slow the INT's a bit but if our defence can force some turnovers and our offence trust's in freddy i think we can pull it off. As for Dallas, really depends if our defence can hold up. Dallas's defence has shown the last few weeks that they can be ran on. Mike Jenkins being out is a bonus for Fitzy and our quick pass offence should slow Dallas's pass rush a bit. If our defence can put up a fight I think our offence should be able to put us in a very good position to win the game. Dareus should have a big day against Phil Costa and disrupt those young RBs. And do not let McKelvin go anywhere near Dez Bryant, Dez will murder him on deep balls. It will be tough but I see an 11 win season and playoffs very possible.

One more thing, is anyone else annoyed that we passed on Brooks Reed in the second round for Aaron Williams?!?!? I know it is easy to look back on the draft now and that we play Brady twice a season so you can never really have too many DB's but with the change to 3-4 and lack of true OLB's for the scheme, our pass rush being as soft as it is, and knowing that we had McGee, McKelvin, Florence, Corner, and Scott(if needed), you would think Reed would be a good fit. Do you think our front office truly believed Merriman would make an impact, or last even half a season????? If we had someone like Reed comming off the edge, making QB's step up, our sack numbers would sky rocket.

Vox Populi
11-08-2011, 01:28 AM
I think it was kind of going with the thought that all of our corners are replaceable and on short-term contracts right now. McGee is 31, often injured and has 2 years left on his contract. Florence signed for 3 years and 15 million in July and is also 31, but I think he proved against the Giants he isn't that great out of the slot on a team's top receiver and can be pretty ****** if he doesn't get a jam off the line. McKelvin only has one more year on his deal and will be 27 and not a very popular player among most fans. Corner was cut this Summer and got brought back mid September.

Like it or not, our top 3 corners have 1, 2 and 3 years left on their contracts, and McGee could very easily be released or traded, and McKelvin could be traded as well. Next year those guys will be 27, 32 and 32. At the very least, the Bills are making it clear that no one is safe, and that they are replaceable. I wouldn't be surprised if McGee got cut this off season and Williams saw an expanded role next year.

Sure, its not the best pick for this year, but going forward, it should be fine. If he can be a starting corner that can play with any team's number 2 or 3 receiver for the next four-five years, I think he'll have been worth the pick.

heavyduty
11-08-2011, 01:50 AM
Good point. I'd like to keep McGee around for at least one more season, Florence too. Drayton played sloppy a few weeks ago but i still see him as a solid option at slot. McKelvin's gotta go, he has had some bad calls against him but gets burnt pretty consistently. I think a lot of people, including myself, expected a bit more out of Moats this season too which contributed to me questioning the Williams pick. We need to make OLB a priority this off season though.

SuperMcGee
11-08-2011, 08:30 AM
McLovin is a guy that I could see leaving and starring for another team. He runs so hot and cold. Depending on negotiations, I could see him, Williams, and D-Flo being the group until Florence is done.

Vox Populi
11-08-2011, 11:55 AM
McLovin is a guy that I could see leaving and starring for another team. He runs so hot and cold. Depending on negotiations, I could see him, Williams, and D-Flo being the group until Florence is done.

Thats basically what I'm expecting for for the next 3 years unless Nix can find someone who turns out to be starter material in the later rounds.

redbills
11-09-2011, 09:51 PM
And Fitz shows us again he can't play vs. a good D. Why the hell did we give him a 6 yr 60 mill deal? Dude is a avg./good QB nothing more and to give him 6 years 60 mill. lol.

Iamcanadian
11-10-2011, 12:16 PM
And Fitz shows us again he can't play vs. a good D. Why the hell did we give him a 6 yr 60 mill deal? Dude is a avg./good QB nothing more and to give him 6 years 60 mill. lol.

He was going to be a FA, you either pay him the going rate or you find another QB. How long has it been since our last great QB, and you want to start over looking for another one.
Fitz would have been scooped up very quickly by another team and we would have been left with nothing.

redbills
11-10-2011, 03:11 PM
so we get stuck into giving an avg. qb 10 mill a yr! Go bills!!

heavyduty
11-11-2011, 02:39 PM
I completely agree with my fellow canadian. The last time we had a QB that could even get us close to the playoffs was in 2002(Bledsoe's first and only good year with us). Before Fitzy showed glimpses of being able to lead our offence last season we had been searching for 8 years. With Fitzy we have a QB we can build around and if Freddy and Stevie re-sign we have a strong offensive core for years to come. If we didn't pay Fitzy and he ended up on another roster, everybody would be on here crying that we should have just paid him and stop being the "cheap" franchise we have become known to be.

redbills
11-13-2011, 12:47 PM
21-0, lol i knewthis team wasn't for real. they look like ****.

Vox Populi
11-13-2011, 07:09 PM
This team wasn't winning a playoff game in the next couple years anyways, if that wasn't obvious to everyone early on despite the wins, then you must have been drinking too much of the kool-aid. The defense has given up massive yardage in pretty much every game, the only reason the Bills have been so competitive is because the defense has managed to be produce a lot of turnovers and Fred Jackson is an offense on his own.

I'm fine with the contract we gave Fitzpatrick, its really a 3 year deal the way its structured, 3 years is a while to live with middle of the pack quarterback play, but theres still a lot of places the Bills need to improve.
The Defense is solid up front, Dareus and Williams looks great on paper, Dareus will only improve and both are locked up long term and there is a lot of depth up front as well.
The situation at corner is a nightmare, but safety is more than set, especially considering if Williams is no good at corner he can be moved back to safety and be at least adequate.
There are no outside linebackers that should be starting on the roster in a 3-4 defense, Kelsay and Merriman are both hurt right now, but neither are starters, Merriman is washed up, and Kelsay is playing out of position, but can apply some pressure on occasion.
So the defense needs major upgrades at outside linebacker and corner, and they'll need to add depth at both positions over the next couple years with the current contracts that the players have.

On offense, the Bills need to add some more athleticism with size at receiver. I don't think Jones or Nelson will ever be more than they are right now, the Bills need to take another shot at a jump-ball receiver and hope they turn out better than Hardy did. They also need a lot more depth on the offensive line too, and probably need a tight end that offers more than Chandler does outside of the red-zone.

The most frustrating thing about the Bills needs right now, are that they are all at positions where they've missed in the draft, or come up short. They missed on Maybin for their edge rusher need. They missed on Hardy for their lanky endzone, jump-ball, sideline fade receiver. Leodis McKelvin hasn't become as good as everyone hoped, but hes a decent starter at corner. I'm convinced the corners look a bit worse than they really are because none of the linebackers can cover much ground, and the pass rush isn't great, but all year the defense has been shredded through the air, thankfully the run defense has slightly improved despite injuries for a few of the front 7 starters.

Lets let Nix and Gailey try to build a better team with Fitzpatrick, see how everything looks after a couple years and see how far they can take the Bills. Fitzpatrick hasn't been phenomenal, but its the defense that has been more responsible for the Bills issues this season. If not for all the turnovers they've come away with, this would probably be the worst defense any of us have seen from the Bills.

SuperMcGee
11-13-2011, 10:19 PM
I will say that it is really unfortunate that we faced three straight road games after the awful Jets loss. There are no home games remaining that are impossibly tough, could've been a good refresher for this team after these weeks. Beating the blowfish in their backyard will have to do.

heavyduty
11-14-2011, 02:04 AM
The most frustrating thing about the Bills needs right now, are that they are all at positions where they've missed in the draft, or come up short. They missed on Maybin for their edge rusher need. They missed on Hardy for their lanky endzone, jump-ball, sideline fade receiver. Leodis McKelvin hasn't become as good as everyone hoped, but hes a decent starter at corner.

Lets let Nix and Gailey try to build a better team with Fitzpatrick, see how everything looks after a couple years and see how far they can take the Bills.

Picking Whitner over Ngata(when DT was a big need at the time) and Maybin over Orakpo are two picks by the Bills that haunt me in my sleep. I can't tell you how many time's i have gone over the "what if" scenario's in my head. Taking Dareus this draft has helped heal the pain of the Whitner pick at bit but i dont know if i will ever get over passing on Orakpo for such a useless player like Maybin. As much as i hate McKelvin, he can NEVER make a play on the ball, I felt like he was the best CB in the class and the right selection with the pick. With the acception of Stevie Johnson, and maybe Bell if he can keep improving, that entire 2008 draft class was a bust. The firing of Tom Modrak was probably my favourite off season move by the Bills.

Iamcanadian
11-14-2011, 12:45 PM
This team wasn't winning a playoff game in the next couple years anyways, if that wasn't obvious to everyone early on despite the wins, then you must have been drinking too much of the kool-aid. The defense has given up massive yardage in pretty much every game, the only reason the Bills have been so competitive is because the defense has managed to be produce a lot of turnovers and Fred Jackson is an offense on his own.

I agree, we aren't a playoff contender just yet if ever with Wilson as our owner. Does he even care?????

I'm fine with the contract we gave Fitzpatrick, its really a 3 year deal the way its structured, 3 years is a while to live with middle of the pack quarterback play, but theres still a lot of places the Bills need to improve.

I agree, we have to wait it out with Fitz to see what we have.

The Defense is solid up front, Dareus and Williams looks great on paper, Dareus will only improve and both are locked up long term and there is a lot of depth up front as well.
The situation at corner is a nightmare, but safety is more than set, especially considering if Williams is no good at corner he can be moved back to safety and be at least adequate.
There are no outside linebackers that should be starting on the roster in a 3-4 defense, Kelsay and Merriman are both hurt right now, but neither are starters, Merriman is washed up, and Kelsay is playing out of position, but can apply some pressure on occasion.
So the defense needs major upgrades at outside linebacker and corner, and they'll need to add depth at both positions over the next couple years with the current contracts that the players have.

Our LBers are terrible and we have hope that Wilson will provide the money to keep our solid players and not let them leave via FA/trades like Peters and Poz.

On offense, the Bills need to add some more athleticism with size at receiver. I don't think Jones or Nelson will ever be more than they are right now, the Bills need to take another shot at a jump-ball receiver and hope they turn out better than Hardy did. They also need a lot more depth on the offensive line too, and probably need a tight end that offers more than Chandler does outside of the red-zone.

Our offense line has been exposed recently and is the weal link on this team. It needs a real upgrade and should be a priority on draft day if we want Fitz to develop.

The most frustrating thing about the Bills needs right now, are that they are all at positions where they've missed in the draft, or come up short. They missed on Maybin for their edge rusher need. They missed on Hardy for their lanky endzone, jump-ball, sideline fade receiver. Leodis McKelvin hasn't become as good as everyone hoped, but hes a decent starter at corner. I'm convinced the corners look a bit worse than they really are because none of the linebackers can cover much ground, and the pass rush isn't great, but all year the defense has been shredded through the air, thankfully the run defense has slightly improved despite injuries for a few of the front 7 starters.

Unfortunately, Wilson does not provide the money to hire a full scouting department and we must rely on our GM and HC to provide imput on the draft, this has led to costly mistakes in the past and will continue to be a thorn in our side till Wilson meets up again with Al Davis.

Lets let Nix and Gailey try to build a better team with Fitzpatrick, see how everything looks after a couple years and see how far they can take the Bills. Fitzpatrick hasn't been phenomenal, but its the defense that has been more responsible for the Bills issues this season. If not for all the turnovers they've come away with, this would probably be the worst defense any of us have seen from the Bills.

That's what happens when Wilson just lets players like Poz leave as FA's with no replacements in sight.

Vox Populi
11-14-2011, 08:08 PM
I'm not that disappointed with them letting Poz leave to be honest. He was better in coverage than any of the current ILB's but I'd take Barnett over him against the run every time and Sheppard looks like he can be serviceable.

As far as you calling the offensive line the weak link on the team, I entirely disagree. The Bills have one of the best running games in the league and Fitzpatrick is one of the least touched quarterbacks in the league so far this year. This is true despite injuries to the top 2 left tackles, a newish (depending on how you consider last year's right tackle situation) starter at right tackle and having players shift around to different spots all year long. The protection issues against the Jets were a result of Jackson picking up the wrong blitzer, or it was Fitzpatrick and Wood not getting the right people assigned or getting enough people in to block.

Considering all the Bills have invested up front is Levitre and Wood, and how well they've played, its amazing the line isn't one of the worst in the league. I think just adding some more depth to the roster up front would be fine unless someone awesome falls into the Bills laps on draft day. I'd rather see them invest in the defense even more. Dareus, Sheppard and Williams aren't enough yet.

I'm not that worried about Wilson letting players go, the only guys on the team that need to be signed soon to pretty big deals are Stevie Johnson, Jairus Byrd, Andy LeVitre and Fred Jackson (although thats debateable because of the whole issue on paying old running backs, and he'll be 31 at the end of next year when his contract is up, but I wouldn't be surprised if he held out for a new contract next training camp, 1.75 and 1.83 mil for this year and next year should look like robbery from his perspective).

We've seen him spend money on some home grown guys like Kelsay and Schobel, just re-signed Fitzpatrick and seen him spend money on some free agents like Stroud, Dockery, Owens and Walker in the past few years. The only guys that have been "let go" to bigger contracts lately are Nate Clements (definitely worth it), Posluszny and Jabari Greer, maybe Jim Leonhard, but the depth at safety is ridiculous already. I guess you could point to the running back position as well since no one ever stays around long (Henry > McGahee > Lynch > Jackson who will probably not see a big contract, the issue here is more with the fact that the Bills have gotten their runners with high draft picks so they haven't addressed other positions (2nd round pick and 3 firsts in the past decade).

As far as scouting goes, I'm also not too worried about that, I think 2010's draft was kind of messy because the entire staff was under new leadership at the time, and Dareus already looks amazing and most of the picks are, at the absolute worst, quality depth players with the possibility of having some real solid contributors from guys like Carrington, Williams, Sheppard and Spiller. Hairston, Troup, Batten and Moats are solid backups. I don't expect much from Searcy but I'd be ecstatic if he could be a long-term solution at nickel, I have no idea if thats a realistic expectation though, apparently he played against Dallas quite a bit, but I wasn't really paying much attention for most of that game...

Iamcanadian
11-15-2011, 08:01 AM
He also dumped Peters because of money and the OL has slowly began to unravel which is why we are slumping.
Teams didn't take us seriously in the beginning, now that they are, wins are getting tougher to come by.
As for our scouting department, we have been drafting top 10, seems like forever and where are all the stars???
Wilson only signs cheap older FA's who are past their prime or nobody else wants.
Fitz may take us to an 8-8 season but I'm not sold on him taking us above that level.

Poz51
11-20-2011, 05:19 PM
Well then... That was ugly, 5-11 here we come??

Vox Populi
11-20-2011, 05:34 PM
Well then... That was ugly, 5-11 here we come??

On one hand I hope so so that they can get a better player in the draft. On the other, it would be nice to actually maintain a winning mentality in Buffalo that might make veterans want to stick around, free agents to give them more than a slight consideration and for the team to buy into a program...

I'd rather they went 8-8 or something and strung together some solid performances, get some experience out of Williams and Searcy so we can see what they need to invest in the secondary in the offseason.

Iamcanadian
11-21-2011, 10:47 PM
Sad, sad, sad and I have zero hope till Wilson follows Davis to the great beyond.
I'd like 8-8 so I can find a reason to watch the games, right now it is extremely difficult to see a game through.

Poz51
11-28-2011, 11:49 AM
Injury's mounting, Fitzy playing horrible in the previous 3 games they go to NJC and hand the Jets a game in which they should have won.... I actually like the effort I saw, am starting to become lose my affection for Stevie... Clearly had a hand in the loss. Despite losing Holmes in the end zone, I thought A. Williams showed me alot of athleticism and technique in coverage, now if Kelsey or Carrington would keep the edge and crush Sanchise like one of them should have...
I thought they played well being under-manned with key starters out, in a game I thought they would get crushed in. Still thinking 5-11 is likely, love that the young guys are getting plenty of reps for evaluations.
What is the #1 off season priority, and we all know that likely comes through the draft? Pass rush is my vote...
When did Maybin get his first step and speed back? FUBAR...

Poz51
11-28-2011, 11:54 AM
On one hand I hope so so that they can get a better player in the draft. On the other, it would be nice to actually maintain a winning mentality in Buffalo that might make veterans want to stick around, free agents to give them more than a slight consideration and for the team to buy into a program...

I'd rather they went 8-8 or something and strung together some solid performances, get some experience out of Williams and Searcy so we can see what they need to invest in the secondary in the offseason.

I think similarly, solid against the Jets, but I think the injuries and lack of depth make 8-8 more of a pipe dream myself. Like what I saw from Williams, Searcy still needs some seasoning, lack of depth is killing this team.
What are your thoughts on K. Heard? I noticed on several plays yesterday he did not get his eyes up to see the play, not a good habit, his awareness is lacking, not his physical abliity IMO.

Vox Populi
11-30-2011, 07:04 PM
Dudes, Maybin getting sacks last weekend pissed me off more than anything else this season. No joke. If he turns it around and at least becomes average I'll be so mad...

Iamcanadian
12-05-2011, 02:18 AM
Dudes, Maybin getting sacks last weekend pissed me off more than anything else this season. No joke. If he turns it around and at least becomes average I'll be so mad...

Well, you had better start being angry. Somebody in the organization pulled the trigger too fast.
In the current NFL, depth is really important. Injuries are so common today because of the leagues playing surfaces and indoor stadiums that substitutes often are called upon to play for injured players and rotations are also a necessity.
Face it, under Wilson's tight budget, this team has little depth and it was going to catch up with us sooner or later.
I don't blame the starters, they showed that if healthy they could compete, but the substitutes just aren't there when players go down or need a rotation to keep them playing tough through 4 quarters.

SuperMcGee
12-05-2011, 03:42 AM
Honestly, I think that OLB really was the one defensive position where we didn't look like we had some depth on defense. Which is hilariously dumb considering who our starters were, making the Maybin situation even worse.
I know guys like A. Williams, Troup, and Carrington are really young, but they're here to play roles on this team. Troup's injuries and Dareus' unsure role made the defensive line depth a bit tough to read, but there were enough guys that looked solid or promising enough. Injuries to guys like Kyle Williams are just really hard to compensate for. It might have worked as rotational depth, but not takeover depth.
The veteran ends and corners have been very disappointing (though it's not a group of ends to expect much out of on their own, admittedly).

The lack of offensive line depth is the killer on offense. Clearly a huge problem that we almost looked to be getting away with for a little while. That's the one along with OLB that I would have shared in depth complaints about before the injuries.

fischbowl
12-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Every week, being a Bills fan, is like finding out your girlfriend of 20 years has had AIDS, and hasn't told you, even though you've seen her taking every bit of her medicine all along. So you are the stupid one for not realizing, and now guess what, you have AIDS too. That, sir, is how being a Bills fan feels.

Iamcanadian
12-12-2011, 01:10 AM
Every week, being a Bills fan, is like finding out your girlfriend of 20 years has had AIDS, and hasn't told you, even though you've seen her taking every bit of her medicine all along. So you are the stupid one for not realizing, and now guess what, you have AIDS too. That, sir, is how being a Bills fan feels.

Well, I'm a fan of Cleveland( they showed their games on Toronto TV when I was a kid, (before the Bills existed), also a fan of Buffalo since they first existed and finally a fan of Detroit where I currently live near for the last 25 years.
That's a motley crew of teams for the last decade or more, so you can multiply by 3, the pain I have gone through.
Thank God, Detroit has finally given me one team with some real hope, it makes all the years in the dessert, with all three of my teams, worth the wait.
Just maybe, next year we'll see Buffalo move up the ladder but I'm not holding my breath as long as Wilson owns the team.

redbills
12-13-2011, 12:48 PM
http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/857/111hr.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/846/111hr.png/)

who likes my knew sig? lol.

Iamcanadian
12-14-2011, 03:53 PM
http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/857/111hr.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/846/111hr.png/)

who likes my knew sig? lol.

Don't know why but I cannot see it.

Rob S
12-15-2011, 01:33 AM
I honestly don't have a huge problem with Gailey. This team just doesn't have much talent and a lot of the talent that is present has been injured. Nix on the other hand needs to start getting the talent in, he has at least 2 more years though imo.

Honestly, provided we don't draft a QB, the fate of this regime will be decided by Mr. Fitzpatrick.

fischbowl
12-18-2011, 01:43 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/ap/ea/fullj.f263eaeb3bd03fee5f31b23d27c0529a/ap-201111131311475120476.jpg

David Rayner's pretty cool

Rob S
12-18-2011, 02:07 PM
Aaron Williams is playing very well.

BufFan71
12-18-2011, 11:48 PM
at least we know Dareus and Spiller can ball

I also like Kelvin Sheppard

i think Mcgee, and florence are gone next season, along with merriman, and kelsay

SuperMcGee
12-19-2011, 12:14 PM
Chris Kelsay has at least 2-3 more extensions in him before his Bills career is done.

I really do see no reason for him to be gone. McGee has sadly run his course and I wish him the best in his post-football endeavors.

Byrd, Williams, Shepp, Dareus, Williams, and maybe Carrington gives us half of a good, young defense. Hopefully.

SuperMcGee
12-25-2011, 06:09 PM
Best line I heard during the game:

"Tim Tebow might be able to walk on water, but he can't cross the Moats."

Rob S
01-14-2012, 11:16 AM
Alright, well this season ended on a disappointing note. Let's talk draft! Any man-crushes?

fischbowl
01-14-2012, 11:22 AM
http://www.draftcountdown.com/headshots/ilb/audiecole.jpg

Audie Cole, that sexy mother ******

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49167&highlight=audie+cole

Rob S
01-14-2012, 11:30 AM
http://www.draftcountdown.com/headshots/ilb/audiecole.jpg

Audie Cole, that sexy mother ******

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49167&highlight=audie+cole

I like Cole too. He certainly had a nice bowl game. I just wish there was an elite pass rusher that I liked in this draft.

Iamcanadian
01-16-2012, 11:17 PM
No man crushes but Reiff or Martin both OT's, seems possible just not sexy.
My man crush would be for Michael Brockers but he won't last till us.

Vox Populi
01-18-2012, 03:08 PM
Other people might call it a reach, but give me Michael Floyd. I don't think there will be any value for defensive players left when the Bills are picking and Floyd should be an instant upgrade. I also don't buy the need for a first round offensive lineman, unless they find a pro bowl lineman I don't think picking anyone in the 1st would present any significant upgrade considering how well the line performed this year, they just need to add more depth either in free agency or the later rounds of the draft. After grabbing Floyd in the 1st, in my opinion they should spend the rest of the picks on the best defensive player available (except maybe Safety and inside linebacker until the third day, at which point anything goes).

SuperMcGee
01-18-2012, 04:02 PM
I share the desire for a receiver. Tackle might have the most value at the pick and it does kind of make sense. Bell might not be back and shifting from Freddy to Spiller may also hurt protection. That help was very necessary once Bell first went out and really hurt the offense when the backs couldn't be out catching balls. I don't know if the organization values the position that highly, though. In the 4th round, Hairston was our highest drafted tackle since Mike Williams. They more or less got away with 58 different line combinations this year, using no-name guys. The idea of a reliable left tackle would set a nice core for the offense, but then we're still relying on minimal talent in the passing game that did little to help us after Week 3. I can understand the desire to address the outside weapons after building from the trenches, but I can't see the passing game succeeding with its current level of talent. It's at a very unstable point right now, but I think it could work wonders if Stevie and Chandler are kept and a top receiver is added.

fischbowl
01-19-2012, 08:54 PM
My Bills Draft so far in the Forum Mock:

1) Zebrie Sanders
2) Vinny Curry
3a) Jayron Hosley
3b) Marvin McNutt

I also got Jerry Hughes from the Colts for a 5th and a 7th to try out as a LB

Iamcanadian
01-21-2012, 02:31 PM
I share the desire for a receiver. Tackle might have the most value at the pick and it does kind of make sense. Bell might not be back and shifting from Freddy to Spiller may also hurt protection. That help was very necessary once Bell first went out and really hurt the offense when the backs couldn't be out catching balls. I don't know if the organization values the position that highly, though. In the 4th round, Hairston was our highest drafted tackle since Mike Williams. They more or less got away with 58 different line combinations this year, using no-name guys. The idea of a reliable left tackle would set a nice core for the offense, but then we're still relying on minimal talent in the passing game that did little to help us after Week 3. I can understand the desire to address the outside weapons after building from the trenches, but I can't see the passing game succeeding with its current level of talent. It's at a very unstable point right now, but I think it could work wonders if Stevie and Chandler are kept and a top receiver is added.

I don't agree, Floyd has real talent but he also has character and injury questions and I don't think we are in a position to gamble on him.
This team needs an OL that can dominate and Bell is stopgap at best. When I look at the way the draft looks like it will unfold, a couple of LT prospects will likely be rated at #10 till 12 in the rankings, is it is IMO a no brainer to take one. If they end up not being rated that high then that is a whole different ball game.

redbills
02-03-2012, 02:55 PM

1) Zebrie Sanders
2) Vinny Curry
3a) Jayron Hosley
3b) Marvin McNutt

Sanders blows.and Hughes blows and is most likely gonna be cut so no reason to trade draft picks for him.

Poz51
02-05-2012, 11:24 AM

1) Zebrie Sanders
2) Vinny Curry
3a) Jayron Hosley
3b) Marvin McNutt

Sanders blows.and Hughes blows and is most likely gonna be cut so no reason to trade draft picks for him.

I would think that there has to be better options than Sanders in the 1st, two thirds, so I am guessing there was a trade down. Hosley is ok, but he is small, im not sure how he will transition to the NFL. I like the McNutt pick, and love landing Curry in the second. I agree that Hughes will be let go, and giving up picks is not warranted, if it had to be done, a 7th is the most I would give.

fischbowl
02-05-2012, 12:23 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/incoming/article324830.ece/BINARY/w620/SUPER+BOWL+XXV+BILLS+GIANTS.jpg

Super Bowl Sunday, Time To Sing It With Me, Bills Fans! It's The Most Depressing Day Of The Year ! ! !

Vox Populi
02-12-2012, 11:15 PM
I have no idea how the Bills already have $105 mil in salaries next year with the talent they have. McGee, McKelvin, Florence, Kelsay, Merriman, and Dwan Edwards are all over paid on defense. On offense Brad Smith and Roscoe are over paid for what they've offered. I hope Smith is more useful next year as a returner and as a more conventional receiver.

I think Roscoe has to go.
Dwan Edwards should get cut, I don't think hes ever even played in a real base 4-3 defense and there is certainly enough depth and talent at DT without his contract.
I want to see Merriman get cut, and I really wish Kelsay would take a pay cut because I can't see him getting cut outright. That contract was absurd for him, he was at his best as a rotational LDE with Denney back in the day and thats all he ever should have been.
I can't see Florence getting cut because his contract isn't even a year old, but if he should never be matched up with a team's #1 guy ever again, or even a good #2. Keep him in the slot. I think McGee is gone, and I wouldn't be surprised if McKelvin was trade bait all year long.

I hate all of those contracts so much right now with the number of good free agents that are going to be available this year. Dump the over paid average starts and go after impact players this year and make sure Stevie gets a new contract and give Jackson a 3 year 18 million contract or something to make sure he is showing up.

I posted this in another thread, but as far as the Bills free agents go, this is what I think they should do:

Keep
Stevie Johnson WR
Scott Chandler TE
Demetrius Bell OL
Craig Urbik OL
Chad Rinehart OL
Bryan Scott S
Reggie Corner CB

Let Go
Andra Davie LB
Reggie Torbor LB
Garrison Sanborn LB
Kirk Morrison LB

Over pay for Stevie if it is necessary, but the cupboard can't be completely empty at receiver next year.
Chandler isn't amazing, but he contributed this year, if he doesn't ask for too much he should definitely stick.
Bell, Rinehart and Urbik shouldn't demand too much. Bell might warrant a couple million per year, if they plan on drafting a LT in round one he probably won't be worth keeping around since I don't think he offers much diversity along the OL as a well paid backup.
Scott is a good run defender and occasionally makes some nice plays. He isn't very good in coverage, but as long as he doesn't demand anything over 2mil-ish he'd be worth keeping around and provides a lot of utility as a 3rd safety.
Corner is nothing more than a nickel, but he won't cost anything to keep for training camp.

Letting go all those LB's is a no brainer. I think there will be a lot of WR's and CB's that will be available as free agents and the Bills could become big players in the market if they shed some contracts that I mentioned earlier. Signing a combination of Laurent Robinson and Brandon Carr would be huge for the Bills next year.

Doing any of that would put the Bills in an amazing situation for draft day with 9 picks. They could pick up someone like Reiff or Martin in round one to help out the offensive line, and then just go BPA at DE, OLB, CB and WR for the rest of the draft.

Oh to dream.

SuperMcGee
02-12-2012, 11:34 PM
Sanborn has already been signed, and I can't imagine why you would want him to leave. He is very consistent and gets upfield nicely, and it would be so like us to lose a game on a snap.

Iamcanadian
02-24-2012, 09:22 AM
I have no idea how the Bills already have $105 mil in salaries next year with the talent they have. McGee, McKelvin, Florence, Kelsay, Merriman, and Dwan Edwards are all over paid on defense. On offense Brad Smith and Roscoe are over paid for what they've offered. I hope Smith is more useful next year as a returner and as a more conventional receiver.

I think Roscoe has to go.
Dwan Edwards should get cut, I don't think hes ever even played in a real base 4-3 defense and there is certainly enough depth and talent at DT without his contract.
I want to see Merriman get cut, and I really wish Kelsay would take a pay cut because I can't see him getting cut outright. That contract was absurd for him, he was at his best as a rotational LDE with Denney back in the day and thats all he ever should have been.
I can't see Florence getting cut because his contract isn't even a year old, but if he should never be matched up with a team's #1 guy ever again, or even a good #2. Keep him in the slot. I think McGee is gone, and I wouldn't be surprised if McKelvin was trade bait all year long.

I hate all of those contracts so much right now with the number of good free agents that are going to be available this year. Dump the over paid average starts and go after impact players this year and make sure Stevie gets a new contract and give Jackson a 3 year 18 million contract or something to make sure he is showing up.

I posted this in another thread, but as far as the Bills free agents go, this is what I think they should do:

Keep
Stevie Johnson WR
Scott Chandler TE
Demetrius Bell OL
Craig Urbik OL
Chad Rinehart OL
Bryan Scott S
Reggie Corner CB

Let Go
Andra Davie LB
Reggie Torbor LB
Garrison Sanborn LB
Kirk Morrison LB

Over pay for Stevie if it is necessary, but the cupboard can't be completely empty at receiver next year.
Chandler isn't amazing, but he contributed this year, if he doesn't ask for too much he should definitely stick.
Bell, Rinehart and Urbik shouldn't demand too much. Bell might warrant a couple million per year, if they plan on drafting a LT in round one he probably won't be worth keeping around since I don't think he offers much diversity along the OL as a well paid backup.
Scott is a good run defender and occasionally makes some nice plays. He isn't very good in coverage, but as long as he doesn't demand anything over 2mil-ish he'd be worth keeping around and provides a lot of utility as a 3rd safety.
Corner is nothing more than a nickel, but he won't cost anything to keep for training camp.

Letting go all those LB's is a no brainer. I think there will be a lot of WR's and CB's that will be available as free agents and the Bills could become big players in the market if they shed some contracts that I mentioned earlier. Signing a combination of Laurent Robinson and Brandon Carr would be huge for the Bills next year.

Doing any of that would put the Bills in an amazing situation for draft day with 9 picks. They could pick up someone like Reiff or Martin in round one to help out the offensive line, and then just go BPA at DE, OLB, CB and WR for the rest of the draft.

Oh to dream.

Ralph Wilson isn't going after any expensive FA's, he's way too cheap to do that. Our problem will be holding on to our own players since Wilson doesn't even make much of an effort to do that.

What you see is what you get, a team built on the cheap with no thought given to being seriously competitive.

Just be good enough to sell out the stadium is Wilson's bottom line.

Rob S
03-05-2012, 05:08 PM
**** yes! Stevie!

Poz51
03-09-2012, 11:30 AM
**** yes! Stevie!

Very happy about it myself, and it is not a horrible contract.

Rob S
03-10-2012, 10:28 AM
Anyone else find themselves desperately wanting Michael Floyd with our 1st rounder? I has a man crush.

essential
03-12-2012, 03:32 PM
Anyone else find themselves desperately wanting Michael Floyd with our 1st rounder? I has a man crush.

Yes, I feel Floyd should be the pick, only other option is an OT, but I think Floyd is more of a top 10 talent, I'm not as confident that Reiff or Martin will be franchise LT's.

Vox Populi
03-13-2012, 06:24 PM
Yes, I feel Floyd should be the pick, only other option is an OT, but I think Floyd is more of a top 10 talent, I'm not as confident that Reiff or Martin will be franchise LT's.

I think I posted here months ago that he was who I wanted and that hasn't changed at all. I love Blackmon, but I think Floyd can be a more dominant and effective receiver to compliment Stevie.

If the Mario Williams stories are true today, and he comes out tonight with a contract (I don't even care if we over pay) I'll be so stoked. *cue iamcanadian being a huge hater

Bills2083
03-13-2012, 06:30 PM
The Bills are prepared to make Williams the highest paid defensive player in the league...

http://img.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/is-this-real-life.jpg

Poz51
03-13-2012, 06:44 PM
If you hear howling tonight, that would be me...

OSUGiants17
03-13-2012, 07:31 PM
Bills fully expect to sign Meachem and Mario within the next 24 hours. You guys are going to be a serious threat to take the wildcard with a weak division outside of NE and a healthy FredEx. Add in a MIKE and y'all are set.

redbills
03-13-2012, 08:31 PM
Bills fully expect to sign Meachem and Mario within the next 24 hours. You guys are going to be a serious threat to take the wildcard with a weak division outside of NE and a healthy FredEx. Add in a MIKE and y'all are set.

We have a mike, kelvin Shepard.

fischbowl
03-14-2012, 02:36 PM
This boner in my pantaloons is completely unfounded

ruthlessrussian
03-14-2012, 10:39 PM
^What Fisch said..

We need to make this Williams deal happen. The freedom it will allow for us come draft would be huge.

Poz51
03-15-2012, 07:33 AM
^What Fisch said..

We need to make this Williams deal happen. The freedom it will allow for us come draft would be huge.

I agree, I keep checking to see if he has signed, staying another night and bringing the wife up is a good sign, today is huge, if he leaves town without signing, chances are he does not sign here :(
Im impressed with what I have heard about the all out effort on Buffalo's part, just sign Mario, just sign...

SolidGold
03-15-2012, 07:41 AM
I am hoping you guys get Mario. The Bills really impressed me with the full court press they applied. They would have a tremendous D-Line.

As far as the draft goes what do you guys think you will end up doing? I have heard that if Reiff is available the Bills front office would be more than happy to draft him. Do you guys think QB is a possibility? If Tannehill is there at 10 do you think the Bills would bite or trade down? He seems like a Gailey type QB.

Poz51
03-15-2012, 10:35 AM
I am hoping you guys get Mario. The Bills really impressed me with the full court press they applied. They would have a tremendous D-Line.

As far as the draft goes what do you guys think you will end up doing? I have heard that if Reiff is available the Bills front office would be more than happy to draft him. Do you guys think QB is a possibility? If Tannehill is there at 10 do you think the Bills would bite or trade down? He seems like a Gailey type QB.

They could go in several directions IMO. I saw ?John Murphy? on Path to the Draft say that, and it makes sense in that they went WR/DE in FA right away. If they sign Mario that would give them (as ruthlessrussian stated) a lot of freedom in the draft. They could go LT, they could go WR (keep an eye on them and Hill, just a feeling), or they could even go DE again and take Coples or Ingram, which would make a sick-nasty-filthy-grimmy defensive line. I am actually thinking Tannehill (he is my darkhorse for them) is a possibility, Fitzy's contract is really a 3 year deal, and that would give Buffalo plenty of time to properly develop Tannehill, I do think he will not be on the board, but if he is, I would think they will seriously consider him, and trading down is also a distinct possibility, especially for a guy like Hill IMO. I also think he would fit Gaileys system very well. My opinion is that they will take a LT, WR or DE with their first pick. Any of them makes sense IMO for various reasons.

Bills2083
03-15-2012, 10:42 AM

I don't see QB at 10 unless the 9 teams in front of us contract a case of amnesia, forget Luck and Griffin exist, and draft punters.

OT is definitely a possibility with Demetrius Bell all but gone. In all the interviews with Buddy Nix, he discusses how many people think that Chris Hairston can be good in the future, but he's not there yet. He also usually says that if there is a good T at 10 they'll have to seriously consider it. What tackles do they like? I haven't the slightest clue. But Nix has always like very big Olinemen and that theory holds water with the prior FAs/draft picks he's made. Whether that means Reiff, Martin, Adams, etc., I have no idea.

WR is also a possibility. The Bills tried for Meachem and missed. They are trying for Manningham, but I don't see him coming here. They want a guy who is "open when he's not open," but I don't know what that means if we're going after a 6'0" Manningham. He wants a big, fast guy, so maybe that's what "open when he's not open" means. If Blackmon miraculously falls to 10, we'd have to think long and hard. Floyd is also a possibility, and I think Stephen Hill is a VERY VERY dark horse. Very. In a recent interview, either Chan or Buddy said they'd like to get a WR opposite Stevie that has experience (aka, not a rookie). But with there being slim pickings, I'm not sure that happens.

The team also wants another CB, but I can only see that happening at 10 if Claiborne falls. Possibly Kirkpatrick?

Now here's my opinion. I want another DE. I want to have the best DLine in the league. ______ - Williams - Dareus - Williams? Scary. I honestly don't know what to think of Coples because if Wanny is able to light a fire under his ass. Oh. My. Goodness. That could be complete insanity.

SolidGold
03-15-2012, 10:56 AM
Good stuff guys...I am hoping Buffalo pulls out of its decade long slump this year.

Purely hypothetical but do you think if Manning ends up in Denver would you as Buffalo fans be against them trading a 3rd or 4th rounder for Tebow? I know the rumblings two years ago were that Gailey liked him and they might of used their second round pick for him.

Bills2083
03-15-2012, 10:59 AM
Good stuff guys...I am hoping Buffalo pulls out of its decade long slump this year.

Purely hypothetical but do you think if Manning ends up in Denver would you as Buffalo fans be against them trading a 3rd or 4th rounder for Tebow? I know the rumblings two years ago were that Gailey liked him and they might of used their second round pick for him.

I have thought of this MANY times over the past week or so, and I can't come up with a convincing argument for either side. Maybe poz can do that for ya lol

SolidGold
03-15-2012, 11:10 AM
I have thought of this MANY times over the past week or so, and I can't come up with a convincing argument for either side. Maybe poz can do that for ya lol

LOL...yea I just don't see Tebow in Denver if Manning is there and I am bored out of my tree at work.

Getting Williams to Buffalo will be a huge win for you guys. I also like that they are going back to a 4-3.

Bills2083
03-15-2012, 11:13 AM
LOL...yea I just don't see Tebow in Denver if Manning is there and I am bored out of my tree at work.

Getting Williams to Buffalo will be a huge win for you guys. I also like that they are going back to a 4-3.

Yeah, our personnel is much more suited for a 4-3 than 3-4. I feel that Williams and Dareus as DTs will be much better for this team than Williams at NT and Dareus at DE. Then, with Williams next to them, we'll have a scary line. Sheppard at MLB is good, as is Barnett at WLB. We could definitely use an upgrade at SLB, though. SLB, LE, and CB.

SolidGold
03-15-2012, 11:16 AM
Is Kelsay still around? He is a solid player...not real spectacular and played out of position in the 3-4. Do you happen to have a run down of all your guys draft picks this year?

edit..nvm found it:

1st Round (10th Overall)
2nd Round (41st Overall)
3rd Round (72nd Overall)
4th Round (105th Overa
4th Round (124th Overall) From Baltimore-Lee Evans Trade
5th Round (136th Overall)
5th Round (138th/139th Overall) From Seattle-Marshawn Lynch Trade *
6th Round (167th Overall)
7th Round (200th Overall)

Bills2083
03-15-2012, 11:22 AM
Is Kelsay still around? He is a solid player...not real spectacular and played out of position in the 3-4. Do you happen to have a run down of all your guys draft picks this year?

Yeah, he's our LE. He never looked comfortable at OLB, so hopefully he'll look better at LE, especially next to WDW. However, he is around 33, so we'll need to upgrade that position soon anyway.

EDIT: you found our draft picks

redbills
03-15-2012, 11:27 AM

I'd give up a 5th for tebow

Bills2083
03-15-2012, 11:28 AM
Bills press conference at 1:30 to announce his signing!!!!!!

http://images.clipartof.com/small/433577-Cartoon-Man-Blowing-A-Party-Horn-Poster-Art-Print.jpg

SolidGold
03-15-2012, 11:30 AM
For shits and giggles Buffalo Draft

1st Round (10th Overall) - Riley Reiff OT Iowa
2nd Round (41st Overall) - Stephon Gilmore CB South Carolina
3rd Round (72nd Overall) - Derek Wolfe DE/DT Cincinatti
4th Round (105th Overall) - Brock Osweiler QB Az St
4th Round (124th Overall) - Audie Cole LB NC St
5th Round (136th Overall) - Ty Hilton WR FIU
5th Round (138th/139th Overall) - David Molk C Michigan
6th Round (167th Overall) - Jeff Demps RB Florida
7th Round (200th Overall) - Cliff Harris CB Oregon - I think he falls due to poor combine showing/character concerns

SolidGold
03-15-2012, 11:32 AM

http://images.clipartof.com/small/433577-Cartoon-Man-Blowing-A-Party-Horn-Poster-Art-Print.jpg

Congrats....huge signing for you guys.

redbills
03-15-2012, 11:34 AM
For shits and giggles Buffalo Draft

1st Round (10th Overall) - Riley Reiff OT Iowa
2nd Round (41st Overall) - Stephon Gilmore CB South Carolina
3rd Round (72nd Overall) - Derek Wolfe DE/DT Cincinatti
4th Round (105th Overall) - Brock Osweiler QB Az St
4th Round (124th Overall) - Audie Cole LB NC St
5th Round (136th Overall) - Ty Hilton WR FIU
5th Round (138th/139th Overall) - David Molk C Michigan
6th Round (167th Overall) - Jeff Demps RB Florida
7th Round (200th Overall) - Cliff Harris CB Oregon - I think he falls due to poor combine showing/character concerns

Reiff meh. Wolfe is a 43 DT don't need one that high much rather go WR. We have a back up C in Urbik who starts at RG. Other than that I like.

Poz51
03-15-2012, 11:35 AM

Holy ****!! Im taking the afternoon off!! What a glorious day :)
I am estatic, and have never been happier about being wrong (did not think he would come here). The dline has the potential to be obsurd... Everything else can wait till tomorrow!

Bills2083
03-15-2012, 11:42 AM
PHbnQXsyDrE

SuperMcGee
03-15-2012, 11:47 AM
Yeah, he's our LE. He never looked comfortable at OLB, so hopefully he'll look better at LE, especially next to WDW. However, he is around 33, so we'll need to upgrade that position soon anyway.

EDIT: you found our draft picks

He played a lot better at he end of the year when they let him play with his hand on the ground more. He's an okay final piece considering the rest of the line. The organization is also in love with him. No matter the regime, it seems like a new 6-year contract is always a possibility.

SolidGold
03-15-2012, 11:47 AM
Reiff meh. Wolfe is a 43 DT don't need one that high much rather go WR. We have a back up C in Urbik who starts at RG. Other than that I like.

I do love how you guys picked up both Chad Rhinehart and Urbik from the Redskins and Steelers respectively after they both gave up on them too soon.

Bills2083
03-15-2012, 11:51 AM
I do love how you guys picked up both Chad Rhinehart and Urbik from the Redskins and Steelers respectively after they both gave up on them too soon.

Erik Pears, as well.
He has turned in to at the very least a serviceable RT. He's definitely not bad and could become very good.

Rob S
03-15-2012, 12:15 PM
this is so epic. michael floyd in the first would make me very happy.

SuperMcGee
03-15-2012, 12:17 PM

What this guy said.

HOO-AH!

Vox Populi
03-15-2012, 12:52 PM
I still really hope they can find a way to re-sign Bell to eliminate LT as a need (as long as Bell can actually stay on the field) so that they can go all in for Floyd at 10 and then basically focus on loading up the defense for the rest of the draft.

fischbowl
03-15-2012, 01:30 PM
Mario Williams is giving me that feeling for sexual healing. Seriously, I could not be prouder to be a Bills fan today. We did it, gentlemen, pat yourselves on the back

redbills
03-15-2012, 01:32 PM
Bills need to fire the IT guy, my god.

Poz51
03-15-2012, 02:51 PM
I'd give up a 5th for tebow

I'd be willing to give up a 5th comfortably, thats it.

Poz51
03-15-2012, 02:53 PM

Im starting to be able to see that, although I have some wierd feeling that they like S. Hill, either one would make the offense dangerous.

Poz51
03-15-2012, 02:55 PM
I still really hope they can find a way to re-sign Bell to eliminate LT as a need (as long as Bell can actually stay on the field) so that they can go all in for Floyd at 10 and then basically focus on loading up the defense for the rest of the draft.

That would be great, if you think Bell can stay healthy... It is a solid coarse of action :)

Poz51
03-15-2012, 02:55 PM
Mario Williams is giving me that feeling for sexual healing. Seriously, I could not be prouder to be a Bills fan today. We did it, gentlemen, pat yourselves on the back

Amen... :banana:

fischbowl
03-15-2012, 03:15 PM
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm133/fischbowl/mario.jpg

Aaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

TheBuffaloBills
03-16-2012, 10:59 AM
Hoping we draft Kuechly. The guy is a stud and will be the next Urlacher. I've never been more confident in a prospects potential than Kuechly's. Nix says he's going BPA, and Kuechly is around top 7-8 on many big boards. I hope and think he'll be the pick.

redbills
03-16-2012, 12:12 PM
OAK is gonna cut Wimbley today, Offer him 8 million per year.

Cut Merriman , 4 million base , 1.25 in bonus
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/shawne-merriman/
Cut Edwards , 3.8 million base , .375 in bonus
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/dwan-edwards/
Cut Kelsay or Johnson depending on where Dave W. likes Carrington at. Kelsay will save 3.5 in base 1.8 in bonus. spencer 3 base 500k in bonus.

Mario/Kelsay/Carrington - Dareus/Troup/Heard - Williams/Johnson/Carrington - Wimbley/Moats