PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bills Discussion

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

DWhitner20
01-13-2007, 01:45 AM
What do you guys have down for your Round 1 Value Board as of now? Here's mines:

Buffalo Bills Round 1 Value Board
1. Gaines Adams, DE
2. Jamaal Anderson, DE
3. Patrick Willis, LB
4. Lawrence Timmons, LB
5. Paul Posluszny, LB

essential
01-13-2007, 05:03 AM
well, i'll just give my top 12, figuring the bills will have to get, or at least have a chance at one of these guys, even though i know some are not realistic at number 12.

01) calvin johnson, wr
02) joe thomas, ot
03) alan branch, dt
04) adrian peterson, rb
(mcgahee will not be back next year, and unless we are picking in the top three and can get mcfadden next year, i'd gladly take peterson here as insurance if he lasted to 12).
05) jamaal anderson, de
06) gaines adams, de
07) patrick willis, ilb
08) lawrence timmons, olb
09) glenn dorsey, dt
10) paul posluszny, olb
11) leon hall, cb
12) justin blalock, og
(for right guard, not right tackle)

i don't know why, but i have a feeling Pos will be the pick at 12, he just comes off as 100% a Marv kinda guy/player.

drmoyer421
01-13-2007, 08:52 AM
i don't know why, but i have a feeling Pos will be the pick at 12, he just comes off as 100% a Marv kinda guy/player.

I hate this quote, and your not the only one that thinks this...
WHY IS POS a MARV GUY? Because he is a great WHITE linebacker??

Ever hear of Patrick Willis? He is more a Marv guy than Pos can ever be..
Not only does he have the tangibles and was the nations BEST LB.

But his mom left him and his family when they were young. His father beat them, while they lived in a drug neighborhood. But his brother and him stayed out of the bad things that evolved around him, and his brother was about to play football in a D1 school and drowned.

Protective service took them under thier wing, and Patrick is the one to keep the family of kids together

Without a mother, father, and older brother... Patrick has stayed in school, contributed to the community, help raise his siblings, and became the best linebacker in the NCAA

So what has Pos done to be considered a Marv guy??

DWhitner20
01-13-2007, 11:21 AM
He's the next Shane Conlan. :wink:

Nah, I really hope we get P Willie, thats the top guy for the pick right now imo, unless Gaines or Jamaal drop.

Leon Sandcastle
01-13-2007, 11:24 AM
I think it would be best if we traded up. Possibly the 6th spot where Washington is known for trading picks.

Thier biggest need is getting a pass rusher and they could get a pretty good one at 12th and pay less money.

art vandelay
01-13-2007, 11:30 AM

Nah, I really hope we get P Willie, thats the top guy for the pick right now imo, unless Gaines or Jamaal drop.

Why do you want a DE? Schobel, Kelsay, Hargrove and Denney played very well last year. Even if we don't re-sign Kelsay, Hargrove and Denney are a good rotation opposite of Schobel.

SuperMcGee
01-13-2007, 01:36 PM

But his mom left him and his family when they were young. His father beat them, while they lived in a drug neighborhood. But his brother and him stayed out of the bad things that evolved around him, and his brother was about to play football in a D1 school and drowned.

Protective service took them under thier wing, and Patrick is the one to keep the family of kids together

Without a mother, father, and older brother... Patrick has stayed in school, contributed to the community, help raise his siblings, and became the best linebacker in the NCAA

I just want Poz because I see him fitting nicely. Tons of guys could be "Marv guys" (leader, all-out player, no outstanding character concerns I guess would be your guys definition). Poz and Willis are both this type of player/person. But I think posluszny, given a bit of strength, would be a great fit for us. I have him pretty much equal with Willis

essential
01-13-2007, 01:59 PM

i would rather have willis overall, but i wouldn't curse the sky if we ended up with pos. anyway, i said that cause i have a friend who goes to penn state. she's in love with pos, and told me about how she met him once, just in some center on campus, started talking to him. she said he's the nicest guy, doesn't like the spotlight, had a long conversation with her and had just met her. she talked to me about him for like 10mins, which i won't go into too much detail, but after that, everything she had said screamed character and team.

i will admit i don't know as much about willis background, but as i said ... i just have a "feeling" it will be Pos at twelve, can't fully describe why i get the feeling i do, but i get it.

let me ask you this drmoyer, if willis is gone by twelve, are you happy with pos, or do you want someone else then?

Rob S
01-13-2007, 02:07 PM
I think Marv will go for DE if one of the top 2 fall, then Willis, then a DT(if one picks up steam at workouts), then Puz.

DWhitner20
01-13-2007, 02:24 PM

Why do you want a DE? Schobel, Kelsay, Hargrove and Denney played very well last year. Even if we don't re-sign Kelsay, Hargrove and Denney are a good rotation opposite of Schobel.

If Gaines or Jamaal fell to us, I think they would be too good to pass up.

Rob S
01-13-2007, 02:36 PM

for sure, especially because marv considers DE the most important position in football.

drmoyer421
01-13-2007, 03:35 PM
let me ask you this drmoyer, if willis is gone by twelve, are you happy with pos, or do you want someone else then?

I wouldnt mind Pos, my roomate is a Penn State alumni. But he even says that he is not worth a top 15 pick in this years draft.

If they trade down to grab him, fine... but I would rather see some other player in the 12 spot than Pos

art vandelay
01-13-2007, 08:20 PM

for sure, especially because marv considers DE the most important position in football.

That's true...but we have such larger needs. It would be a shame if we spent a 1st rounder on a DE.

art vandelay
01-13-2007, 08:22 PM
As far as Patrick Willis goes...

We all know that Crowell excelled at WLB last year. However, we also have Keith Ellison who plays WLB. Crowell played MLB in college and I really think that he would be our perfect MLB. What we need is a SLB. I know Timmons can play SLB, but would Willis be able to as well? I think he can. What about Puz? I am not sure on that one. Thoughts?

art vandelay
01-13-2007, 09:22 PM
Rob S - what is your screen name on AIM?

Rob S
01-14-2007, 12:50 AM
in my prof

BuffaloDraftGeek
01-14-2007, 01:20 PM

Because he is PSU's team captain and plays in the same scheme the bills run. It has nothing to do with race. Willis is also a character guy, but has never played in the C2 before.

drmoyer421
01-14-2007, 03:14 PM

Because he is PSU's team captain and plays in the same scheme the bills run. It has nothing to do with race. Willis is also a character guy, but has never played in the C2 before.
Then Pos shouldnt be labeled a "marv guy" he should be labeled a cover 2 guy.

Dillen
01-14-2007, 07:32 PM
I really want the Eagles to draft Patrick Willis but it seems that every Bills fan already has Willis etched in at #12. I'm sure Reid would like Willis, even though he doesn't value LBs as a first round need. Would Willis be needed if London Fletcher is re-signed?

drmoyer421
01-14-2007, 08:11 PM
I really want the Eagles to draft Patrick Willis but it seems that every Bills fan already has Willis etched in at #12. I'm sure Reid would like Willis, even though he doesn't value LBs as a first round need. Would Willis be needed if London Fletcher is re-signed?
IF Fletcher is retained, he wouldnt be a huge priority. The thing is, here in Buffalo it is a foregone conclusion that Fletcher WILL NOT be retained. There was no talks with London before the end of the season, and Fletcher has spoke out against the organization for not signing him.

The Bills are a young team and are growing. London wants a long term deal with money, and it would be unwise for them to sign.

Spikes also hasnt totally healed from his achilles injury, and people are skepitable in Buffalo that he will never fully recover. And he is due an estimated 5million dollar roster bonus this year. There is also word that they may take a hard look at Takeos situation this offseason.

BuffaloDraftGeek
01-15-2007, 12:02 AM
What would you guys think about trading mcgahee for a first round pick next year? We then draft a player like selvin young, antonio pittman, or darius walker in the 4th round. That player splits time with anthony thomas this season. Then, if need be, we take a RB in the 2008 draft witht he mcgahee pick, and that player splits time with our other RB, giving us a nice 1-2 combo. ?

Space Ghost
01-15-2007, 12:18 AM
What would you guys think about trading mcgahee for a first round pick next year? We then draft a player like selvin young, antonio pittman, or darius walker in the 4th round. That player splits time with anthony thomas this season. Then, if need be, we take a RB in the 2008 draft witht he mcgahee pick, and that player splits time with our other RB, giving us a nice 1-2 combo. ?

http://www.roadkilltshirts.com/images/products/SUCK-LIFE.jpg

BuffaloDraftGeek
01-15-2007, 12:39 AM

Why, because I'm realistic? Face the facts. McGahee doesn't care about buffalo. All he wants is a big pay-day from a team that he thinks owes him. He'd rather the entire team be moved to toronto. He also has the nerve to insult buffalo fans, something you just don't do. The guy is a joke. He has disrespected the team on so many levels I want him gone. Lets see how much support you give him when he's holding out for a new contract.

Space Ghost
01-15-2007, 08:00 AM

Why, because I'm realistic? Face the facts. McGahee doesn't care about buffalo. All he wants is a big pay-day from a team that he thinks owes him. He'd rather the entire team be moved to toronto. He also has the nerve to insult buffalo fans, something you just don't do. The guy is a joke. He has disrespected the team on so many levels I want him gone. Lets see how much support you give him when he's holding out for a new contract.

I want to give the balla a new contract, the guy is 25 and hasn't seen a good offensive line in his lifetime. Even in Miami his line wasn't great, he was though. Highschool, line doesn't matter when you are as good as him, but he hasn't even sniffed a line yet. Why the **** would you want Anthony Thomas starting for us, he was much worse than an injured McGahee when he was starting for us this year.

Face the facts

What facts? The guy will do that **** anywhere, he is very vocal and I respect that in an athlete, they have rediculous skill and deserve to speak about it. What do you want him to do? Be a ******* loner/loser like Charles Woodson and not talk? He is only three years pro right now pretty much and you are giving up on him before he hits his prime, I guarantee you will want him back if we let him go.

essential
01-15-2007, 08:49 AM
i wouldn't be so fast to snap at buffalodraftgeek. i would agree to trade mcgahee this year for a first next year.

1) mcgahee doesn't like here.
2) he wants to be paid like a top 5 back in the league ... and he isn't one, and i can't see marv paying him like one.
3) if he gets similar money from us or another team, he prob chooses to walk, esp if it's a bigger city/warmer climate.
4) he seems to be motivated by money, not the team.

look, i was psyched about getting mcgahee, but after last weeks comments about the bills should be moved to toronto, i just really can't see him back next year. so i def wouldn't mind trading him for a first day next year. who knows, depending on the team, maybe that turns into a high one, or we package the two, move up to get darren mcfadden (yes, i can dream).

if marv does his job and fixes the o-line through the draft and free agency, most running backs would be okay, in my opinion.

the only thing we loose if we trade willis this year is a possible big year of production based on it being a contract year ... of course along with our hopeful improved line play. if money is really his true motivator like it seems to be, he should have a big year.

DWhitner20
01-15-2007, 12:32 PM
I'm all for trading Willis but I definetly don't want to enter next year with Anthony Thomas and Antonio Pittman/Darius Walker splitting carries.

I'd be much more apt to try and get Thomas Jones from the Bears.

Space Ghost
01-15-2007, 02:16 PM
I like your sig :)

I took a screen shot of him saying that, but I deleted it :(

DWhitner20
01-15-2007, 03:00 PM
Scott will be proven wrong. :twisted:

Leon Sandcastle
01-16-2007, 11:34 AM
Another mock draft, another head-scratching selection from Scott Wright.

Leon Sandcastle
01-16-2007, 12:47 PM
I want Antonio Pittman and Anthony Gonzalez on my team. Make it happen in rounds 2 and 3.

DBeebe82
01-16-2007, 01:15 PM
Another mock draft, another head-scratching selection from Scott Wright.

I was thinking the exact same thing when i saw our selection in his mock draft. Sadly, i was looking forward to it considering the last one had us taking jamarcus russell though we clearly have no need for one after the growth and maturity shown by losman towards the end of the season.

Though i hate the selection i can see where he is coming from. He looks at the bills roster and observes a 7th round selection from a year ago is penciled in as a starting RT but like most of you here i believe pennington is worth a shot as he was solid towards the end of the regular season and showed promise.

If patrick willis does indeed project to be a late first rounder as he is in scott's mock i would love to see the bills trade down into the late first round and pickup an extra 3rd round pick which we could always use to move up in the second or possibly first to nab a redzone wideout such as sidney rice or dwayne bowe to pair with our elite linebacker.

DWhitner20
01-16-2007, 02:31 PM
Levi Brown, ugh.

Space Ghost
01-16-2007, 02:50 PM
I wouldn't be pissed if we took Brown because I understand that he fills a need, but I would rather pick a defensive player.

SuperMcGee
01-16-2007, 03:21 PM
I wouldn't be pissed if we took Brown because I understand that he fills a need, but I would rather pick a defensive player.

I'd be somewhat upset for Brown but not pissed for similar reasons. Pennington has never overly impressed me. He had a lot of help.

I knew Brown would be the pick. Just seemed like that's who he'd give us

fischbowl
01-16-2007, 03:43 PM
Any other Buffalonians see the article in the paper today?

For Schubert and others to see:

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20070116/1066004.asp

calibill2
01-16-2007, 04:01 PM
I agree 100% with that article. Find a rookie rb.

SuperMcGee
01-16-2007, 04:07 PM

sure did. Didn't reveal anything new to me really, just reinforced my view of Willis as a turd

DollarBill3181
01-16-2007, 05:32 PM

sure did. Didn't reveal anything new to me really, just reinforced my view of Willis as a turd

ya, we have to trade him, to anyone thinking we should keep him.....rethink the situation.
to anyone thinking we should give him an extension.....rethink being a football fan, lol

As for Scott's new pick, i dont like it at all, Levi Brown fills a minor need and isnt ANY KIND OF GUARANTEE WHATSOEVER (the only OL that is this draft is J.Thomas) - I can see Mike Williams situation all over again. - Im tellin ay OL high in rd1 is a huge risk and we arent in the situation to be doing that, we can get a guy to compete with pennington, or possibly sign an upperend guy, or even go OL rd 2 or 3 - NOT rd1.

The way Scott has tthe mock i think (if it is able to happen, like he has it there) we should take a game changer in Dwayne Jarrett (over Ted Ginn cause of hiehgt tho doesnt have the speed like Ginn) - we got speed in parrish and lee, Jarrett woudl give us a nice 1-2 punch with Lee/JArrett and Roscoe in the slot, Jarrett's a guy that will be valuable for years to come where Brown is not any where near as far as % of guarantee (not sayin Jarrett is a full 100%, but hes sure close).

I also wouldnt mind Pat Willis or Paul Posluszny as that woudl fill another huge need and couldnt disagree more with what Scott said after the Borwn pick in that it is "way too high for Willis or Posluszny".....what? lol

My Bills Big Board:
1-Joe Thomas (trading up, but the situation idk)
2-Dwayne Jarrett
3-Paul Posluszny
4-Pat Willis
5-Leon Hall
6-Gaines Adams

My perfect mock...
1-Posluszny or Willis
2-Aaron Ross-CB-TX
3-Doug Free-OT-NI
4-Dalls Baker-WR-FL
5-no pick
6-Selvin Young-RB-TX
7-Chad Upshaw-TE-UB

essential
01-16-2007, 07:33 PM
although i'd rather have a LB in the first (willis/timmons/pos) i wouldn't mind the levi brown pick either, or even blalock for RG. yes, pennigton has done alright, and players make the most significant improvements from their rookie to soph seasons, but i like the levi brown pick because is shows commitment to the offensive line from levy/jauron (if they infact drafted levi).

levy says you must build a team through the draft, so i'd like to see him use a couple early picks on o-linemen over the next couple years, not just all second day projects. i'd like a couple blue chippers on the line. i wouldn't mind beekman in the second, or steinbach/dielman through free agency as well.

also, they might draft levi as a guard, who knows. he is a beast of a guy, throw him in at RG as a rookie, and he might excel. either way, i like offensive and defensive line picks early, that's how you win, in the trenches, although in this particular draft, i'd rather have a LB in the first (unless jamaal anderson falls to 12).

we need a OG and DT in free agency, and a solid draft, and i think we are good.

glazeduck
01-16-2007, 08:56 PM
honestly... if you look at the type of guys we're drafting, and the depth of those positions, I really think it all points to one thing.

Barring a Jamall Anderson/Gaines Adams/Alan Branch/Leon Hall no-brainer type player falling to us you've got to assume these are the guys that we'll most likely be looking at.

DT-Okoye, Pitcock, Tyler - 12th pick seems too high for all but maybe Okoye...decent depth at the position and its not a huge need
DE- Moses, Johnson, Carricker, Abiamiri, Moss, McDonald, Woodley, Spencer...again, all would be at least a bit of a reach, not a huge need, good depth
LB- Pos, Willis, Buster Davis, Timmons, Beason, maybe Siler... all reaches at 12...slightly larger need (perhaps), still good depth
CB- w/ Hall presumably gone- McCaulley, Revis, Ross, etc. late rd. one guys, best depth in the draft, Chris Houston or Daymeion Hughes should be our guy.

OL- Levi Brown, Gaither, maybe Ugoh or Blalock. - none really worthy of the 12th pick...good depth in draft, need.
WR- Jarrett, Ginn, Rice depending on our preferences. All might have 12th pick value but one will most likely be available in the mid 20s.

No other glaring needs.

My point is that we're stupid if we keep our pick at 12. Everyone said we should have traded down last year and we probably should have, which leads me to believe that we won't this year either, but none of the prospects on that list really WOW me at 12 and as far as value goes, I see maybe Ginn, Jarrett and Okoye being the only logical picks at 12, and depending on how Jarrett runs he might end up being in the 20s too.

I'd love to see us pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd rd. selection trading down into the 20s where it wouldn't be ridiculous to draft a Levi Brown/Pos/Blalock, etc. guy. I just don't feel like any of those guys are worth the 12th pick, regardless of which direction we go, and its likely we could probably get 2 or maybe even 3 of those guys if we're lucky and make the right moves. Just my 2 cents.

DWhitner20
01-16-2007, 10:14 PM
I'm getting intrigued with Okoye day to day mainly because I think this guy would really give us what we need on our D-Line. We lack a true Nose to help stop the run and free up our other guys to make plays. Getting him could really pay dividends toward both the pass rush and run d.

At the same time I'm still equally intrigued with Patrick Willis and Lawrence Timmons.

And in the back of my head, the darkhorse, Marshawn Lynch is lingering.

Rob S
01-16-2007, 10:24 PM

thanks.

For the record I am not a huge for of Lynch, I would strongly prefer trading up for AD if we do indeed go RB.

Cheesus
01-16-2007, 10:45 PM
For fun and to waste time I am posting a series of polls (at least 12) on the buffalobills.com message board. Not sure if you guys are members there. These polls serve to form the Bills Big Board. The first poll had every player available to pick and the person with the most votes became our #1 and was then eliminated from the 2nd poll. We are on the 2nd poll now, with CJ our #1 pick.

Goto http://boards.buffalobills.com/forums/thread/1465525.aspx if you are interested.

Rob S
01-16-2007, 10:47 PM
For fun and to waste time I am posting a series of polls (at least 12) on the buffalobills.com message board. Not sure if you guys are members there. These polls serve to form the Bills Big Board. The first poll had every player available to pick and the person with the most votes became our #1 and was then eliminated from the 2nd poll. We are on the 2nd poll now, with CJ our #1 pick.

Goto http://boards.buffalobills.com/forums/thread/1465525.aspx if you are interested.

i used to be there all the time, but it went to hell after the big change imo. Are most of the big names still there like beast, wyo, BLM (I know he does blogs), etc.?

Cheesus
01-16-2007, 10:56 PM

i used to be there all the time, but it went to hell after the big change imo. Are most of the big names still there like beast, wyo, BLM (I know he does blogs), etc.?

Yeah but they are kinda absent right now. Beast made a bet saying he would leave if the bills won at least 7 games, and luckily they did so hes staying. I don't know if you participated in it last year but Beast will hold his draft game again this year. Not the best board out there but still some quality posters.

essential
01-17-2007, 11:29 AM
i still read the bills boards a lot, but don't post much anymore, like rob i haven't participated since they switched over the forum software, the old ones were so much better. also, these days, most of the topics turn into flame fests, not much real solid football talk goes on like it used too.

i like this little forum more, only a few bills fans, but we actually discuss things, we don't yell at each other or anything.

Leon Sandcastle
01-17-2007, 12:24 PM
i still read the bills boards a lot, but don't post much anymore, like rob i haven't participated since they switched over the forum software, the old ones were so much better. also, these days, most of the topics turn into flame fests, not much real solid football talk goes on like it used too.

i like this little forum more, only a few bills fans, but we actually discuss things, we don't yell at each other or anything.

SAYS YOU!

*I don't know if you heard or anything but I yelled that out.*

Leon Sandcastle
01-17-2007, 12:30 PM
Let's talk about some Free Agents that we should or might look at.

Don't know if this was already brought up but I wouldn't mind if Levy brought in Nick Harper in the offseason.

He knows the system and he'll come a lot cheaper than Clements. Obviously he wouldn't be the future but he's a good stop-gap solution until Ashton Youbouty gets used to the NFL.

Derrick Dockery is a free agent this year and he would give us a veteran presence on the right side to help out Pennington.

Daniel Graham is a vertical threat as opposed to Royal. He's a pretty good blocker too and would form a good duo with Royal for Losman to hit across the middle. Yeah I know a sentence fragment.

Lance Briggs could be out the door in Chicago and he like Harper knows the system and has a good relationship with Perry Fewell. Like Crowell he could play inside so we have some versatility. I wouldn't be too upset with Ellison, Briggs and Crowell starting to begin the season next year.

We got a lot of money so it's not like we can't make this happen.

Thoughts?

DWhitner20
01-17-2007, 01:03 PM
I think Nick Harper is a must if we fail to re-sign Nate, he's good enough to start and will eliminate the need to draft a CB this year because while he is starting for us, Ashton can get ready and possibly overtake him.

Lance Briggs would be awesome, it might be a stretch but it might not be, Crowell could go inside and Briggs could play the weakside injecting this LB group with more youth and Spikes/Ellison could share the strongside like they did this year. This would eliminate the need to draft a day 1 LBer.

So yeah, I absolutley love the Harper and Briggs ideas.

Now a must sign is FA Guard, we NEED to sign Steinbach, Deilman, or Dockerry -- all 3 are above avergae, good Guards and would do our interior very good.

I don't think we need to upgrade or add to the TE position because I feel the staff is very content with Royal and I like him a lot too.

FA WR is a possibility. Wilford? Hackett?

Nose Tackle, I think we'll definetly look at Ian Scott, he plays NT for the Bears and dose it well. I'm pretty sure Jauron was HC of the Bears when he was drafted there so theres some inside on him. I feel if we don't sign him in FA, it will be because we're targeting Amobi Okoye.

and...

RUNNING BACK. I really feel Willis is gone, we're not going to give him an extension and I expect a lot of rumors about a holdout to come. The new regime isn't going to stand for this and he'll be shipped out so we'll have to decide how we're going to add a RB wether it be FA or the draft. We could make a play for Michael Turner out of SD, who is a RFA. We could also try and get Thomas Jones out of Chicago or we could go RB in the draft in the 1st(Marshawn Lynch) or 2nd round (Michael Bush, Kenny Irons).

Those are the positions I'm thinking about this offseason.

NY+Giants=NYG
01-17-2007, 01:05 PM
What happened with Willis that turned the organization against him? Do they not like him? I read about his off the field issues, but was that basically why they didnt want him?

DWhitner20
01-17-2007, 01:08 PM
What happened with Willis that turned the organization against him? Do they not like him? I read about his off the field issues, but was that basically why they didnt want him?

Well he asked for an extension the week before the finale and proceeded to run for 20 something yards verse the Ravens and fall 10 short of 1,000. That personally bugged me because you put up or shutup.

Supposedly in a Penthouse magazine interview he said the Bills should move out of Buffalo because theres nothing to do there.

People get the feeling he dosen't want to be here and will holdout because we don't intend to give him the extension.

Personally, I think he just wants out and asked for the extension knowing we didn't plan on giving him one yet to use as a ploy to holdout and eventually get out.

Theres just a big mess going around and its got a lot of people talking and I really don't think he'll be here by the start of next season.

DollarBill3181
01-17-2007, 01:16 PM

ya, i used to go to ESPN.com Msg Boards, its all just "haters and one upping" so lame, its like, what teh heck, we arent teh GMs so why be liek that all dumb nstuff, havea good convo about what can happen with teh team.

fischbowl
01-17-2007, 02:35 PM
Jesus, Cheesus you stole my past sig! :x (Your Avy)

As for the brand new RB Situation, AP is the one and only RB id prefer now. Maybe trading for a veteran like Chris Perry or gettng Michael Turner would be the best option.

Supposedly in a Penthouse magazine interview he said the Bills should move out of Buffalo because theres nothing to do there.

THERES TONS TO DO HERE!

Rob S
01-17-2007, 02:53 PM

As for the brand new RB Situation, AP is the one and only RB id prefer now. Maybe trading for a veteran like Chris Perry or gettng Michael Turner would be the best option.

THERES TONS TO DO HERE!

will be happening in the forum mock.

DWhitner20
01-17-2007, 03:03 PM
Turner and Thomas would be pretty siiiiiiiiiiick. :D

Now whats the deal with him in RFA, what do you guys think it will realistically take to get him?

Cheesus
01-17-2007, 03:18 PM

THERES TONS TO DO HERE!

Haha sorry it was too awesome to pass up when I found it on google images.

SuperMcGee
01-17-2007, 04:54 PM

THERES TONS TO DO HERE!

Its only the best city ever!

Now excuse me while I enjoy my Grade F Super Mighty

DollarBill3181
01-17-2007, 05:09 PM

THERES TONS TO DO HERE!

Its only the best city ever!

especially that one area of Buffalo, i forget its name again, pretty sweet
Kaisertown, that correct?

bsaza2358
01-17-2007, 05:15 PM
What do you guys think Willis would be worth on the open market? What about likely destinations? I think the Giants are a possibility, as is Houston. If the Bills outright release him, the Jets could be a suitor as well. I'm not really up on the attitude of Bills fans. Are you guys in favor of letting him go, or would you rather re-up him?

essential
01-17-2007, 05:51 PM
What do you guys think Willis would be worth on the open market? What about likely destinations? I think the Giants are a possibility, as is Houston. If the Bills outright release him, the Jets could be a suitor as well. I'm not really up on the attitude of Bills fans. Are you guys in favor of letting him go, or would you rather re-up him?

i think they are def open to trading him ... but as for how much he's worth, who knows? technically, he should be entering his prime, but he's in a contract year, wants a huge payday, and has rousenhaus as his agent.

i could see him being traded to a team for a 2nd or 3rd ... prob a 3rd, might be worth a 2nd, but the bills have little leverage since it's becoming known he wants out, and since it's a contract year anyway, teams can just wait a year to get him for nothing extra.

art vandelay
01-17-2007, 07:10 PM
I actually love the news about Willis - I have never really liked him and I hope we trade him this year and get some value for him. He is obviously not our future, so I hope we trade him this year so that we don't have to lose a season starting a RB who won't be here next year.

I am really starting to warm up to Marshawn Lynch. Although I don't think that we will take him at #12 (nor should we), I wouldn't complain if we did. I would rather have Michael Turner as an RFA, but I would also like Lynch. Turner and Lynch are two RB's that I would like us to look.

DBeebe82
01-17-2007, 11:01 PM
In regards to our now questionable runningback situation i have to agree that our best option would be to trade mcgahee for a first day pick in this years draft. I hate saying that considering up to this season i have been a huge mcgahee supporter from seeing him in training camp dancing around acting like a little kid to be in the nfl to ripping up the competition and forcing the team to ship travis henry off to the titans. I agree he has been an extreme disappointment this year and the year before and just doesnt seem to have his usual fire, not to mention he cant seem to run hard through a hole to save his life!

In the draft i would love to have AP as he is a star player our small market franchise desperatly needs. Otherwise i wouldnt mind picking up kenny irons in the second or lorenzo booker in the later rounds.

I have watched countless charger games this year and the year before and believe turner is an absolute beast. I have heard mixed rumors on what his contract actually is as some say he is locked up until 2008 or something like that while others say he is a RFA this year. If he is a RFA this year what kind of compensation would we have to give up if we landed him in the offseason?

Rob S
01-17-2007, 11:24 PM
imo it is simple, f*ck willis. Should we trade him, maybe not, but I just hate the guy. I want him gone. I also am not a Lynch fan at all.

Cheesus
01-18-2007, 12:27 AM
What does your Bills Big Board look like?

I'm gonna go with:

1. Calvin Johnson
2. Joe Thomas
3. Alan Branch
4. Adrian Peterson
5. Gaines Adams
6. Jamaal Anderson
7. Amobi Okoye
8. Patrick Willis
9. Dwayne Jarrett (might go higher)
10. Lawrence Timmons
11. Leon Hall
12. Justin Blalock

DollarBill3181
01-18-2007, 01:44 AM
i dont mind scott's new mock
1-D.Revis
2-Z.Miller

I'd rather have Jarrett if he was avail to us at that pick (in this case - Scott's - would be), and sign Nate to a long term deal.
As for Miller, he has Olsen going after (Miller as the first TE going, to us, so late for a 1st TE im suprised) and I'm not sure if I'd want him over Olsen, but I'd be thrilled with that "problem."
.....just my thoughts.

DWhitner20
01-18-2007, 10:58 AM
Revis and Miller is pretty darn good, I don't mind it.

bsaza2358
01-18-2007, 11:03 AM
There are RB's available who will be less of a headache and could be cheaper than Willis. Jamal Lewis is a big name candidate. New England will also probably release Corey Dillon, but you shouldn't want him. A returning Priest Holmes and Marshall Faulk are also options.

I like Michael Bush as a second rounder for the Bills. I think he brings a certain toughness that the team should have.

glazeduck
01-18-2007, 11:44 AM
I HATE Revis and Miller.

Not because they aren't good players, but because we're not getting value at those picks. In the cover 2 we don't need a stud cb, so our #1 pick could be used on more pressing needs like OL, Dwayne Jarrett, or DE. I'll say it again (and I know that Scott's mock won't do this stuff, but) we're in the perfect position to trade down.

Sure it's personal preference, but I'd prefer Hughes, Houston and McCaulley over Revis, based on size and the fact that at least one will be there for our 2nd round pick (as for overall talent I think they're all about equal, those 3 are just better fits in the cover 2 IMO). I really feel like Chris Houston's a special player though. Moreover, the cb position is very very deep, so we could get a guy in the 3rd, 4th, or even 5th (i'm sure we could acquire one if we really needed to) and land a decent cover 2 corner.

My beef with Miller is the same. I've watched him play a lot and he's really nothing special in my eyes, he's a good recieving threat and he's very consistent, but should not be the 1st TE taken and isn't worth the 10th pick in the 2nd rd. (where we're actually picking).

As for rb, if we can get a 2nd and a 3rd for Willis and get Michael Bush I'd be extatic. I'd kinda like to see what our offense would be able to do with Bush AND Lorenzo Booker with a later rd. pick, sort of like Deuce and Reggie in NO. They've been saying they want a rb that can catch a lot of balls and Booker can do just that. Just another thought.

I think my ideal draft would look like this... (w/ Willis traded for a 2 & 3)

1. Jarrett*
2a. Houston*
2b. Bush*
3a. Yanda
3b.Newton/Spaeth/Best available recieving TE
4. Booker*
6. Abbate/Waters/BPhil/Des Bishop/Nate Harris/Best Available MLB
7. Jordan Kent

A few key defensive signees and this team would be ready to roll for a very long time.

DWhitner20
01-18-2007, 12:37 PM
Dwayne Jarrett and DE aren't PRESSING needs. We don't have a pressing need for 1st round offensive lineman because theres no way we take a Guard at 12th overall. CB could be a very pressing need to the staff when/if we loose Clements, if we don't sign Nick Harper in FA I definetly see us drafting a CB high but I hope we sign Harper.

And no ones going to give a 2nd AND a 3rd for Willis, a 2nd might even be much unless its a team like Baltimore who posses a late 2nd.

And another RB I'd like to look at other than Booker would be this guy:

http://www.comcast.net/data/br/2006/08/17/br-57988.jpg

I think he'd be a solid 3rd round pickup. I really like how he runs and I think he'll be an above average starter, if given the chance, in the NFL.

glazeduck
01-18-2007, 01:21 PM
no DE and OG and Jarrett aren't pressing needs but you're completely missing my point.

With the depth of the cb position in the draft, that shouldn't be looked at as a pressing need either. Regardless of your feelings on who we should take w/ our 1st pick it should still be a pick of good value and I don't believe Revis is (or Miller in the 2nd for that matter).

My point: if we're NOT going to use that pick for a pressing need, why not use it for a pick of value? Example: I value Jarrett a great deal more than Meachem or Dallas Baker or any other wr we could get w/ our 2nd pick. I don't however value Revis any higher than I do Hughes, Houston or McCaulley, one of whom should be available at 42.

As for Willis I think a team like GB, NYG, and BAL would be willing to look at his body of work and the fact that he's still young and be willing to part with a 2nd and a 3rd. A mid-late 2nd and 3rd is only of the same value of a high 2nd which I feel (or at least hope) we should be able to get for McGahee. He's got the talent to be a star and teams know that.

Turbeauxdog
01-18-2007, 01:51 PM
No way Willis is worth a 2nd and a third. Right now, he is the Bill's headache. You don't give up two picks to take on another team's headache. The problem is that Willis thinks he is the best back in the league, and should be paid as such. The reality is that he is an extremely average back who can't stay on the field. Serriously, if he runs for more than 10 yards, he has to sit out the next series and eat a sandwich.

As far as Peterson goes, I'm not sure I'd want the Bills to draft him at 12. Like Willis, he is constantly hurt. Sure he has talent, but will he stay on the field?

As far as Lynch goes, I am a Cal alum, and I should love this guy, but I don't. He also has been nagged by injuries, and Cal has always racked up a lot of yards rushing. I hate to say it, but he reminds me of Arrington and Harrison. If Lynch somehow fell to the 2nd round, I'd take a shot on him.

As far as a free agent back foes, I'd prefer one that has already proven himself as a starter, not someone like Turner who has looked great in a backup role.

I would not redo Willis's deal, but I'd want him back for next year. If he holds out, I think you have to call his bluff and make him sit out the Year. I'd draft a RB in rounds 2 thru 5, and get someone with a chip on his shoulder who is hungry.

Space Ghost
01-18-2007, 02:37 PM
Draft Tony Hunt fan club, sign up here: www.drafttonyhunt.com : IMO he is the perfect back in a run first offense, he can also split time with the A-Train. He actually hits holes and goes forward after contact. Once A-Train leaves we can just go after another mid day one back with some more speed than Hunt. I actually wouldn't mind that situation at all.

essential
01-18-2007, 03:07 PM
my ideal options:

1) if we can somehow land adrian peterson in the first round, i would not think twice about taking him. if we can't get anything for willis, make him play out his contract year (hopefully he puts in full effort since he's playing for a paycheck) and you spell him with peterson allowing him to adjust to the nfl.

next year peterson is the starter, and he has tons more character than mcgahee, and he is just as, if not more talented.

2) hope michael bush falls to the 2nd and grab him. he doesn't have the break away speed, but he's a bruiser, and maybe we can finally start getting those 3rd and one's.

BuffaloDraftGeek
01-18-2007, 03:15 PM
Draft Tony Hunt fan club, sign up here: www.drafttonyhunt.com : IMO he is the perfect back in a run first offense, he can also split time with the A-Train. He actually hits holes and goes forward after contact. Once A-Train leaves we can just go after another mid day one back with some more speed than Hunt. I actually wouldn't mind that situation at all.
A-Train and Hunt are virtualy the same back. I really like Hunt, but he doesn't change the pace from A-Train. I'd rather have pittman or walker, who we could get a round later.

fischbowl
01-18-2007, 03:30 PM
It's OK Cheesus. I had the same reaction upon seeing it too.

As for Scott's new mock, I don't mind those picks at all. I love Revis but my only problem with Miller is that would be too early to pick a TE.

Glazeduck:

None of those MLB's will be there in the 6th. Houston won't be there. Pick a better OG than Yanda. 2 ROOKIE RB"S!!!!!!!!!

Grade: D

DollarBill3181
01-18-2007, 03:57 PM
Dwayne Jarrett and DE aren't PRESSING needs. We don't have a pressing need for 1st round offensive lineman because theres no way we take a Guard at 12th overall.

I definately agree with you on OG and DE, but with a guy like Jarrett, man could he do alot for this offense. Yes, its not the biggest need, but nothing is really, we have alotta "important equal needs" and I think a #2WR is one of them, I'm glad to see that being recognized by the local media even when Dennis Williams and Paul Peck recognized that in Sunday Night's Blitz this past week.

SuperMcGee
01-18-2007, 04:06 PM
I wouldn't mind Jarrett at all, I just don't think it will happen
Willis is still my feasible #1. Posluszny and Timmons are up there as well for me
Like pretty much the rest of you, I think CB would be a better option to get in the 2nd.
Blalock would be alright

DollarBill3181
01-18-2007, 04:07 PM
Willis is still my feasible #1. Posluszny and Timmons are up there as well for me
Like pretty much the rest of you, I think CB would be a better option to get in the 2nd.
Blalock would be alright

Whatever happens I'd like to see whoever we chose move to Pont. in Kaisertown ya?

SuperMcGee
01-18-2007, 04:31 PM
Blalock would be alright

Whatever happens I'd like to see whoever we chose move to Pont. in Kaisertown ya?

Yeah, then we might have someone who can actually cover me

DollarBill3181
01-18-2007, 05:20 PM
Blalock would be alright

Yeah, then we might have someone who can actually cover me

hahahaha, def. - Thatd make it a lil hard for the QB back there no matter how many mississippi's are counted to.

Komp
01-18-2007, 10:42 PM
Saw this article [ http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20070116/1066004.asp ] and was curious about McGahee's status in Buffalo. I personally thought he had a pretty decent attitude and always played hard, but I don't live anywhere near Buffalo nor am I fan of the team. Just wondering if you guys agree with the author that McGahee should be booted out of town, or whether you think McGahee is the man at RB for you guys.

DollarBill3181
01-18-2007, 10:48 PM
A rumor (and that alone, nothing more) i thought was interesting...

CLE gets: Willis McGahee, 2007 Rd2 pick, 2007 Rd4 pick
BUF gets: 2007 Rd1 pick (3rd or 4th overall) and a 2008 conditional pick (Rd4 at highest)

I find it intersting, Calvin or Joe Thomas available, and that #12 pick too.

DBeebe82
01-18-2007, 11:13 PM
Do you have a source at all?

I personally would be all for it if it is actually being considered. If we were put in a position to draft Calvin Johnson, or even AP would be a lock at that pick im pretty sure i would wet my pants.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-18-2007, 11:18 PM
hey what if there was a trade that involved Moss and McGahee.what else would Oakland have to give for him?

Rob S
01-18-2007, 11:40 PM
hey what if there was a trade that involved Moss and McGahee.what else would Oakland have to give for him?

marv would never, ever trade for moss.

DollarBill3181
01-19-2007, 12:17 AM
Do you have a source at all?

I personally would be all for it if it is actually being considered. If we were put in a position to draft Calvin Johnson, or even AP would be a lock at that pick im pretty sure i would wet my pants.

no, thats why i chalked it up to just w/e (but figured i'd mention it jsut for w/e).....a frind of mine who contributes to a sports paper said it was among one of the random things he heard.
99.9% chance it wont happen, but interesting to discuss if there's anything that implies willis leaving lol.

glazeduck
01-19-2007, 01:05 AM
Is this really a rumor? The same thing was posted on the Browns board at espn.com, so I feel like either someone is trying to make it a rumor or someone has actually heard something. I think I'd rather not know the truth.

Real or fake...IF its willis, 2 and 4 i'd do it in a heartbeat. The thought of having Calvin Johnson across from Lee Evans has me drooling. I'd do it w/ our 1st if we either didn't have to give up our 4th (maybe 6th or a future pick) or got another day 2 pick from them.

A high 4th round pick is usually just as valuable as a mid-late 3rd rounder because they have the night to prepare.

All in all, this would be, in a word, amazing.

Rob S
01-19-2007, 01:12 AM
I bet Marv would go DE anyway if that deal did happen

DWhitner20
01-19-2007, 09:41 AM

BUF gets: 2007 Rd1 pick (3rd or 4th overall) and a 2008 conditional pick (Rd4 at highest)

where did you hear this?

bsaza2358
01-19-2007, 09:55 AM
If that trade went through, I think Buffalo would take Joe Thomas at #3/4 or trade back a little with a team that wants Quinn or Thomas for even more picks. Calvin Johnson is an amazing talent, but it might be better to get the franchise LT you guys need, then move Peters to RT. At #12, you could get Dwayne Jarrett or Patrick Willis, something like that. Later in the draft, there are plenty of guys available.

OTcoach
01-19-2007, 10:16 AM
I think Peters is a franchise LT and we could avoid Thomas. If Willis goes to CLE we could go with M. Lynch at 12 and CJ at 3. How's that for some offensive firepower?

Rob S
01-19-2007, 10:27 AM
If that trade went through, I think Buffalo would take Joe Thomas at #3/4 or trade back a little with a team that wants Quinn or Thomas for even more picks. Calvin Johnson is an amazing talent, but it might be better to get the franchise LT you guys need, then move Peters to RT. At #12, you could get Dwayne Jarrett or Patrick Willis, something like that. Later in the draft, there are plenty of guys available.

Peters is a STUD at LT. Sure fire pro bowler in years to come. CJ or a DE would be the pick, I would bet on Jamaal Anderson if that deal went through tho. CJ is viable tho because even tho he is offense, he is a character guy. But i still lean towards the defensive side of the ball.

bsaza2358
01-19-2007, 10:44 AM
A fair point. I just think the Bills could be just as good with Peters as a god RT and Andrews as a stud LT. Young bookends, you know?

Johnson is an amazing prospect, too, though.

I really don't think this deal has legs because I haven't seen the rumors anywhere, and most teams are focused on scouting and tape review. Major deals generally don't happen until after the combine at the earliest.

katnip
01-19-2007, 11:33 AM
Peters allowed 2 sacks all season if I remember correctly and thats up there with perennial Pro Bowlers like Jonathan Ogden.

DWhitner20
01-19-2007, 11:59 AM
Yeah I think it was only 2, he's done a hell of a job.

bsaza2358
01-19-2007, 12:20 PM
Peters has done amazingly well. However, can you really argue with a set of bookend OT's with amazing pass/run blocking ability protecting Losman and opening holes for the running game? Let's say you take Thomas and Marshawn Lynch, then you grab another decent weapon late? You then have a great running game, time for Losman in the pocket, and Evans/Parrish are still there to make things happen. In theory, the Bills could also sign Daniel Graham from the Pats as a TE threat. Would this be bad?

Rob S
01-19-2007, 12:36 PM
I think the argument against bookends is messing up Peters and the chemistry of the line which really started to gel late last year. Peters has moved so much it wouldn't be good to move him imo, he started as TE, then RT, then LT, it wouldn't make sense to keep shifting.

bsaza2358
01-19-2007, 12:40 PM
I think the argument against bookends is messing up Peters and the chemistry of the line which really started to gel late last year. Peters has moved so much it wouldn't be good to move him imo, he started as TE, then RT, then LT, it wouldn't make sense to keep shifting.

Technically, you'd be shifting him back to RT, but you have a good point. However, if the line was really gelling like you said, how come the running game was so much less productive? I honestly believe the Bills will get Levi Brown in Round 2 to play RT for them, but Round 1 will be a defensive pick. Perhaps a DE or CB. There's a lot of great talent in this draft.

Rob S
01-19-2007, 01:13 PM

Technically, you'd be shifting him back to RT, but you have a good point. However, if the line was really gelling like you said, how come the running game was so much less productive? I honestly believe the Bills will get Levi Brown in Round 2 to play RT for them, but Round 1 will be a defensive pick. Perhaps a DE or CB. There's a lot of great talent in this draft.

Willis Mcgahee wont hit holes, its fairly simple.

essential
01-19-2007, 02:16 PM
there is no way the browns trade the #3 overall pick for mcgahee and #2. first of all, the browns have a shot at a franchise qb, alan branch, a tough to find 3-4 DE, or 3-4 nose if romeo see's him that way, or a franchise LT in joe thomas. there is too much value in that pick to give it up for just mcgahee.

if somehow we did trade, it would include our #12 pick. either way i can't see it happening because the browns can't get any of the three players they might want at #12.

plus, is there are big differences between buffalo and cleveland? it's almost the same place, so mcgahee wouldn't want to be there either, unless they paid him like a top-5 back, and he's in the last year of his deal. give up the #3 pick for a player who might walk next year?

i just can't see cleveland getting themselves into that situation, esp not giving up the #3 overall pick to do so.

also, if we somehow got joe thomas, he would play RT for us, no way do they put peters back to RT and leave a rookie at LT. peters is our LT for the next 10 years unless he gets injured.

DollarBill3181
01-19-2007, 04:17 PM
Is this really a rumor? The same thing was posted on the Browns board at espn.com, so I feel like either someone is trying to make it a rumor or someone has actually heard something. I think I'd rather not know the truth.

Real or fake...IF its willis, 2 and 4 i'd do it in a heartbeat. The thought of having Calvin Johnson across from Lee Evans has me drooling. I'd do it w/ our 1st if we either didn't have to give up our 4th (maybe 6th or a future pick) or got another day 2 pick from them.

A high 4th round pick is usually just as valuable as a mid-late 3rd rounder because they have the night to prepare.

All in all, this would be, in a word, amazing.

ya, idk, like i said, just sumthin i heard, who knows
.....though id like it if it happened

DollarBill3181
01-19-2007, 04:19 PM

where did you hear this?

...posted it up there, like i said just a friend involved in sportwriting who mentioned it as only "something he had heard."

Leon Sandcastle
01-19-2007, 05:11 PM
Not doubting you DollarBill3181 but that would seem like a bad deal from the Browns vantage point.

As a Bills fan though I would jump on that deal. We'd probably go WR at 3 and RB at 12 or the other way around.

Calvin Johnson and Marshawn Lynch
or
Adrian Peterson and Dwayne Jarrett?

fischbowl
01-19-2007, 06:17 PM
AP and Jarrett although that would be almost impossible.

SuperMcGee
01-19-2007, 06:36 PM
The prospect of Calvin and Willis would keep me up at night

calibill2
01-19-2007, 07:06 PM
AP and jarrett would be amazing.

DBeebe82
01-19-2007, 10:31 PM
agreed

DollarBill3181
01-20-2007, 03:09 PM
Not doubting you DollarBill3181 but that would seem like a bad deal from the Browns vantage point.

As a Bills fan though I would jump on that deal. We'd probably go WR at 3 and RB at 12 or the other way around.

Calvin Johnson and Marshawn Lynch
or
Adrian Peterson and Dwayne Jarrett?

coo, ya idk if it would go down, thoughhhhhhhhhhh....
i think there is a 99.9% chance willis is delt no earlier or later than draft day one, just watch. - i just gotta feeling some move will be made.

katnip
01-20-2007, 07:37 PM
agreedI don't think amazing even justifies it all.

Turbeauxdog
01-20-2007, 07:58 PM
agreedI don't think amazing even justifies it all.

Chances are very good that one or both of these doesn't live up to his potential. If Peterson can't make it thru a college season, how can we expect him to make it through an NFL season,

Jarret looks good, but any WR has a 50/50 chance to bust.

If I'm Marv, I draft a defender first. You can get a RB in the 2nd. Take the best available CB, LB, or DT in the first round. My preference is Hall, but I think he goes top 10.

drmoyer421
01-20-2007, 08:40 PM
Just wanted to post a note of interest...

Scout.com has reported that the Bills are interesting in aquiring an OG in free agency and are looking to make offers to Eric Steinbach and/or Kris Deilman.

DWhitner20
01-20-2007, 10:14 PM
Now thats what I like to hear. :D

samhoar
01-20-2007, 10:25 PM

Scout.com has reported that the Bills are interesting in aquiring an OG in free agency and are looking to make offers to Eric Steinbach and/or Kris Deilman.

Whats up Moyer!

How many other people are on here from BB.com?

art vandelay
01-20-2007, 11:04 PM
Wow, alot of Bills joining as of late. For a while, it was just Rob S, SuperMcGee, me, Geo, iamcanadian and metaphor.

art vandelay
01-20-2007, 11:04 PM

Excellent news.

SuperMcGee
01-21-2007, 12:57 AM
Wow, alot of Bills joining as of late. For a while, it was just Rob S, SuperMcGee, me, Geo, iamcanadian and metaphor.

I didnt even know that Geo was a Bills fan until midseason. metafour I barely ever see. I've never seen IAC express a particular liking for any team. I only remember you and fisch, and superkevin for a brief stint

essential
01-21-2007, 01:53 AM

i've been here a while too, but only read posts, never posted, because i only wanted to talk bills. i only started posting more recently because the bills dicussion forum has been active. for a while there nothing happened in this forum.

SuperMcGee
01-21-2007, 01:57 AM
edit - nevermind

juve1325
01-21-2007, 02:14 AM

Or Calvin Johnson and Marshawn Lynch.

essential
01-21-2007, 05:35 AM
the only top ten player i think could slip to us (barring a trade up) is adrian peterson, which would give marv an interesting decision.

the only two teams ahead of us who would take peterson, in my opinion, would be the browns and the texans.

i do not think the browns will take him, because at #3 they have a shot at a franchise QB, or LT.

the texans are the mystery. kubiak comes from the denver zone system, which is supposed to not value the RB that high, since most can gain 1000 yards in it. so, do they take him just for the hometown fans since they passed on bush last year, or does kubiak go in another direction?

either way, i think it's a possibility for adrian peterson to be at number 12, and i think he would be a steal there. i would not complain one bit if we took him.

i've seen drafts that have players like alan branch, gains adams, and jamaal anderson (who i want the most) falling to 12, but i think the only semi-realistic fall could be peterson.

either way, we should be able to get a stud at number 12, which is great.

fischbowl
01-21-2007, 09:39 AM
Vandelay I was the 1st BIlls fan on the site.

Lynn Daniel
01-21-2007, 10:53 AM
I think every Bills fan will like the rumor of the trade with Cleveland. IMO it is too good to be true.

In any case the reason for my post is to throw something out there. A lot of people seem to want Offensive Skill players if we get that pick from Cleveland and our 12th. (AP and Jarret or CJ and Lynch). I really think we are better off drafting first round talent on defense.

Defenders are more likely to have an immediate impact and as good as those receivers are they could take up to 3 years to develop. I expect another defensive draft this time full of D Lineman and linebackers.

I personally think this is the right direction for a quick turn around and a winning season next year. Any thoughts?

Rob S
01-21-2007, 11:19 AM

Whats up Moyer!

i used to post frequently, but it went to hell after the change over imo. But, I always did appreciate your OL analysis.

DWhitner20
01-21-2007, 12:01 PM
What do you guys think of Michael Bush? Do you think we could possibly take him in round 2? He reminds me of a Steven Jackson type and Fairchild had Jackson over in STL.

SuperMcGee
01-21-2007, 12:08 PM
What do you guys think of Michael Bush? Do you think we could possibly take him in round 2? He reminds me of a Steven Jackson type and Fairchild had Jackson over in STL.

Bush is the man. I think he could fit in very well here and wouldn't mind him there at all

DBeebe82
01-21-2007, 01:22 PM
Bush is the man. I think he could fit in very well here and wouldn't mind him there at all

I wouldnt oppose to it, i think he would defiently give us that physical toughness we have lacked during the "mcgahee" era

Rob S
01-21-2007, 01:27 PM
I kind of like Bush, but he is not all that physical imo. If we do get rid of Willis, I really think we should do whatever we have to to get AD. He is an insane prospect at RB and people forget how good he really is. True, there are injury concerns, but his pure talent puts him up there with CJ, maybe even better.

SuperMcGee
01-21-2007, 01:34 PM
I kind of like Bush, but he is not all that physical imo. If we do get rid of Willis, I really think we should do whatever we have to to get AD. He is an insane prospect at RB and people forget how good he really is. True, there are injury concerns, but his pure talent puts him up there with CJ, maybe even better.

Trust me, I remember Adrian Peterson, but it could be quite task to get him. I don't think our guys would be willing to do all that might be necessary for him. If he falls to a certain point in the draft then maybe, and that would be AMAZING, but its not something I have been seriously considering. If it becomes more evident that we could do something like that then I'll become the draft equivalent of a giddy little school girl. But between that hard to believe Browns rumor and thoughts of AD, I'm just trying not to get my hopes up too high

drmoyer421
01-21-2007, 03:31 PM

Whats up Moyer!

hey Shaunta.. everyone is asking about you over there. There are some that are around here, but most are visiting and not contributing ones.

For all those who dont know. Shaunta is the local OLine expert. I know he wont brag, but he played college Oline.. and now he coaches college DIII Oline. On the Bills meassage board he is the one to ask and contribute about offensive line prospectives.

DWhitner20
01-21-2007, 03:36 PM
Yeah Shaunta waddafuxup!? Where you been on the BBMB?

Here's something for right now:

*Trade McGahee for a Mid-Late 2nd round pick.

1. Amobi Okoye, DT - Louisville
Our Defensive line lacks a Nose Tackle, Okoye could be the answer and he'll be only 20 years old as a rookie. Lot's of time to mold this guy!
2. Michael Bush, RB - Louisville
We loose Willis McGahee and grab the big Michael Bush, he falls here because of his leg injury but this guy has 1st round value.
2*. Ben Grubbs, OG - Auburn
Hopefully we can sign Steinbach or Dielman to be the answer at LG, we can draft Grubbs here to push and most likley beat our Duke Preston for the RG job.
3. Anthony Waters, ILB - Clemson
I think he's a good player and I think he would really benefit from the cover 2 scheme and turn out to be a real steal.
4. Jonny Harline, TE - BYU
We could use a pass recieving TE. He was a good, reliable target at BYU.
5. Traded to STL. for Anthony Hargrove
6. Jacob Ford, DE - Central Arkansas
Situational Pass Rusher?
7. Le'Ron McClain, FB - Alabama
Bye Bye Daimon Shelton.

DollarBill3181
01-21-2007, 03:48 PM
MY Bills Offseason:
Resign - Gandy, Kelsay, Clements
FA Sign - a RG or LB (just one)
Rd1 - D.Jarrett
Rd2 - a LB or RG (whichever we didnt get in FA)
Rd3 - TE or OT or DT
Rd4 - " "

*Willis McGahee.....dont give him an extension, either let him play out the one year or trade him for a 2nd rd pick (or w/e else) get a RB with that pick or in FA.

drmoyer421
01-21-2007, 05:26 PM
Another find from a local article..

If Angelo Crowell is moved to middle linebacker to replace London Fletcher, the cavity at Crowell's outside job could be cured through free agency. Keep an eye on Lance Briggs of the Bears, the best linebacker available. The first time I heard Briggs identified as an elite player was a couple of years ago when Marv Levy did it on a pregame show on the late Empire Sports Network. Levy is in a position to do something about Briggs becoming a Bill since he's now the general manager.

DWhitner20
01-21-2007, 05:46 PM
My mouth is watering, signing Briggs would be absolutley amazing.

DBeebe82
01-21-2007, 05:49 PM

Is it realistic to assume we will be able to pry away a mid to late second round pick away from a team in need of a runningback? Remember, i believe it was two years ago elite runningbacks such as Edgerrin James and Shawn Alexander couldnt warrant a second round pick after record breaking seasons as they were both top five rushers the year before. Not to mention it is clearly known Mcgahee wants out of Buffalo after his countless rants the past few weeks and wants top 5 money a year from now. Though he does have elite potential he is no where from where Edge and Alexander were two years ago though he does have age working on his side. A second round pick imo would be above fair value which means i defiently wouldnt complain if we did dump him for one...a early third may be more realistic :?

DWhitner20
01-21-2007, 05:52 PM

Is it realistic to assume we will be able to pry away a mid to late second round pick away from a team in need of a runningback? Remember, i believe it was two years ago elite runningbacks such as Edgerrin James and Shawn Alexander couldnt warrant a second round pick after record breaking seasons as they were both top five rushers the year before. Not to mention it is clearly known Mcgahee wants out of Buffalo after his countless rants the past few weeks and wants top 5 money a year from now. Though he does have elite potential he is no where from where Edge and Alexander were two years ago though he does have age working on his side. A second round pick imo would be above fair value which means i defiently wouldnt complain if we did dump him for one...a early third may be more realistic :?

Yeah a early third could be more realistic but maybe a team like Baltimore would cough up their 2nd.

DWhitner20
01-21-2007, 07:33 PM
http://buffalonews.com/editorial/20070121/1073380.asp

This is the article in which the Briggs info came from that Drmoyer mentioned above.

I like the title. 8)

glazeduck
01-21-2007, 08:00 PM
whoever posted the Steinbach rumor...

could you give a link or post what it said? I couldn't find it on scout.com anywhere!

Man, an offseason of Briggs and Steinbach/Dielman would be amazing.

drmoyer421
01-21-2007, 08:12 PM
whoever posted the Steinbach rumor...

could you give a link or post what it said? I couldn't find it on scout.com anywhere!

Man, an offseason of Briggs and Steinbach/Dielman would be amazing.
http://browns.scout.com/2/611370.html

Bills are also interested in upgrading their offensive line via free agency and could make a play for both Steinbach and Dielman.

art vandelay
01-21-2007, 08:12 PM
If you haven't been paying attention to the Forum Mock, here's what we (Rob S and I) have done with the Bills.

Trades:
- Traded Takeo Spikes for Jacksonville's 2nd Rounder (#49)
- Traded Willis McGahee for Jets 2nd Rounder (#38
- Traded our 2nd Rounder (#44) for RB Michael Turner of the Chargers
- Traded our 6th Rounder for OG Jake Scott of the Colts

Picks:
#12) LB Patrick Willis (Ole Miss) - We are going to be playing him at SLB, Crowell at WLB and Fletcher at MLB. Ellison will be the first backup.

#38 OG Ben Grubbs (Auburn) - Will come in and battle for the starting LG spot with Mike Gandy. We are going to start Jake Scott at RG over Duke Preston and Chris Villareal.

#49) TE Greg Olsen (Miami) - Another weapon for JP in the passing game. Kevin Everett hasn't seen the field and while Royal is an OK reciever, he is a better blocker than reciever. Olsen and Royal allow for us to utilize more 2 TE sets.

We have a 3rd rounder, 4th rounder and 7th rounder left. Any suggestions on how to spend those?

drmoyer421
01-21-2007, 08:38 PM
If you haven't been paying attention to the Forum Mock, here's what we (Rob S and I) have done with the Bills.

Trades:

Picks:
#12) LB Patrick Willis (Ole Miss) - We are going to be playing him at SLB, Crowell at WLB and Fletcher at MLB. Ellison will be the first backup.

#38 OG Ben Grubbs (Auburn) - Will come in and battle for the starting LG spot with Mike Gandy. We are going to start Jake Scott at RG over Duke Preston and Chris Villareal.

#49) TE Greg Olsen (Miami) - Another weapon for JP in the passing game. Kevin Everett hasn't seen the field and while Royal is an OK reciever, he is a better blocker than reciever. Olsen and Royal allow for us to utilize more 2 TE sets.

We have a 3rd rounder, 4th rounder and 7th rounder left. Any suggestions on how to spend those?
I say thats an excellent offseason.
My suggestions
1. What are your plans for Fletcher and Clements? I only say that, because you will need some depth at CB and LB (even with Willis) in later rounds.
2. DE!
3. A big possession WR.. I am not sure of who is left but Dallas Baker, Jacoby Jones, Steve Breaston, etc..

SuperMcGee
01-21-2007, 10:14 PM

Trades:

Picks:

I say thats an excellent offseason.
My suggestions
1. What are your plans for Fletcher and Clements? I only say that, because you will need some depth at CB and LB (even with Willis) in later rounds.
2. DE!
3. A big possession WR.. I am not sure of who is left but Dallas Baker, Jacoby Jones, Steve Breaston, etc..

Breaston is not a good pick for us at all. Any good D-linemen would be good, and defintiely a CB (even if you dont feel he'd start, i hate Kiwaukee as our nickel back)
I don't think they'll look as much at a big WR since that is essentially the role Olsen would play for us now. Two TE sets are nice but it takes away the slot which we definitely use to our advantage, mostly with Josh Reed and Roscoe in a different way. A good shift would be to hope Penningotn really grows into his own and needs less help form a guy like Royal and we can end up with a main set of Evans, Olsen, any two of Reed/Parrish/Price/ or Shelton in the backfield with Turner, and tehn have Royal still play a large enough part where we can still use him over the middle sometimes and be able to have him out there for run plays

DWhitner20
01-21-2007, 10:52 PM
How do you hate Kiwuakee? He was a very good nickle back for us. :(

He'll most likley not re-sign either because its been widley spread that he wants to play closer to home back down south. :cry:

/\/\URDOC
01-21-2007, 10:53 PM
1st Round - Dwayne Jarrett, WR

2nd Round - Demarcus Tyler, DT

3rd Round - Ben Grubbs, OL

4th Round - Anthony Waters, LB

Turbeauxdog
01-22-2007, 09:24 AM
There are probably 28 teams looking to upgrade their offensive line. The problem is that unless a team has severe problems with the cap, they don't let an o linemen get away unless he is a stiff.

As far as Willis goes, one thing that is definitely in our favor is the weakness of the RBs in this draft. Last year's draft had many NFL caliber RBs, but I don't see that this year. Peterson is a gimp, Lynch might be good, Bush is injured, etc. If we can get two teams bidding against each other, a 2nd is a possibility. What works against us, is that whatever team that gets Willis will have to negotiate a new contact with him either right away or in a year. A logical person would rank Willis 8-15 in the league, but I gaurantee Willis ranks himself number 1. Before the game at San Diego 2 years ago, Willis was saying he was the best back in the league (ie better than Tomlinson).

DWhitner20
01-22-2007, 10:01 AM
Anyone else a bit dissapointed when Leon Hall goes to us in mocks?

Ravens1991
01-22-2007, 11:06 AM
Would you accept the 62 overall pick for Willis McGahee?

Leon Sandcastle
01-22-2007, 12:48 PM
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+East/Buffalo/default.htm

Following on the heels of some uncomplimentary comments about Buffalo in an interview in the current issue of Penthouse magazine, and the news that McGahee has fathered three children with three different women in the past two years, it appears as if RB Willis McGahee has further alienated a Bills brain trust that places a big emphasis on high character and morals. Add in the fact that agent Drew Rosenhaus has mentioned the desire to extend McGahee’s deal, which expires following the 2007 season, and word is the Bills are going to make addressing their RB situation a top priority this offseason. We hear the Bills are not likely to shop McGahee but that they would consider a trade offer if it were proposed to them. To give up McGahee, Buffalo would expect a first-round pick plus one of the following: a player, a late-round draft pick this year or a future draft pick.

Doesn't look like the 62nd overall pick would do it for Levy.

Thatta boy Levy. Aiming high.

DWhitner20
01-22-2007, 01:14 PM
Good to hear. 8)

Turbeauxdog
01-22-2007, 01:15 PM

I just joined. I just heard about the website a month ago from a friend who is a huge Bills friend. He's got the tatoo on the arm and everything. He says we are going to take Posluzny because Marv Levy likes smart linebackers. I'd like to see Leon Hall, because even if we keep Clements, I'm not sold on McGee, Youboty, etc and CB is the position where you need the most depth. We might be able to trade down for Posluzny or if he has a bad combine he could drop to round 2. Hall would have to drop 5 spots to fall to us I think.

Turbeauxdog
01-22-2007, 01:18 PM
Anyone else a bit dissapointed when Leon Hall goes to us in mocks?

That's the guy I want. He looked really good vs USC. The play that did it for me was where Smith caught a ball over the middle and he thought he had an open path to the TD and Hall came off Jarret and closed on Smith in about 2 seconds.

I think it would be very good , competive chemistry to put a Michigan guy in the same secondary as our Ohio St guys.

SuperMcGee
01-22-2007, 02:59 PM
How do you hate Kiwuakee? He was a very good nickle back for us. :(

He'll most likley not re-sign either because its been widley spread that he wants to play closer to home back down south. :cry:

I was just frustrated at how he dropped everything

DWhitner20
01-22-2007, 03:07 PM
Yeah catching definetly wasn't his thing. :lol:

SuperMcGee
01-22-2007, 03:17 PM
Notice how nobody is giving us a LB in mocks anymore
Last week thats all you'd see. The mockers all move together. I think we're in a Leon Hall phase right now

fischbowl
01-22-2007, 03:37 PM
Last week thats all you'd see. The mockers all move together. I think we're in a Leon Hall phase right now

We Must FIGHT BACK!

katnip
01-22-2007, 05:25 PM
Yea its because half of the people blindly follow one mock and slightly tweak it to their fitting.

DWhitner20
01-22-2007, 06:33 PM
It's a Leon Hall and Levi Brown phase. I can stand Leon but it kinda bugs me, Levi Brown just makes me sick.

katnip
01-22-2007, 06:37 PM
Leon Hall would be nice as would Brown, but we would need to trade down for Brown. I've seen him play here at PSU, however he isn't worth a 12 overall pick. I mean he's a great Tackle, but I like Pennington as he is of the same mold as Brown - big body, can really road grade.

I'd be more happy to see us trade down with a team like the Titans (enables them to snag Jarrett) and us someone like Blaylock for example.

Turbeauxdog
01-22-2007, 07:25 PM
Round 1
The best way we can help our linebackers is to get a dominant DT. If Marv thinks a DT at pick 12 is that good, then that is our man.

If Marv likes a RB to take on Day 1 and wants to cut McGahee loose, then I'm in favor of that.

If a top CB is there, then I'd go there next, regardless of what happens with Clements. I like to be deep in the secondary.

Round 2
RB, CB, or WR.

Round 3
RB, CB, WR, LB, DT

Round 4
LB, TE, DT

Late Rounds

I don't like taking an o linemen before round 5. I like drafting o linemen in bulk. Rather than take one in the 2nd round, take 3 of them in rounds 5, 6, and 7. This is what Marv did last year. Maybe take a LB for Special Teams on day 2 or take a flyer on a WR or TE.

I would not draft a QB, P, K, S, or DE at all.

katnip
01-22-2007, 07:37 PM
No offense but your theory on offensive lineman is skewed. I mean I understand where you are coming from, however we really need a dominant Guard (two even) to make our running game successful as well as the passing game. To put it off that late, is seemingly not addressing the issue. And I don't find DT to be our Number one priority. We can get a guy via FA that can fill in and make an impact too, with McCargo, Williams, Tripplett, FA I think we have a good rotation, not to mention with Hargrove coming in on obvious passing downs (please let us re-sign him).

I see CB or LB as our first round pick, with a Guard in the second and we take a shot on a RB in the third (Michael Bush if he lasts, Antonio Pittman, Tony Hunt, Darius Walker, etc).

SuperMcGee
01-22-2007, 07:40 PM
If a top CB is there, then I'd go there next, regardless of what happens with Clements. I like to be deep in the secondary.

Well, if we somehow kept Clements, then we'd have back our starting secondary from last year that was arguably a top 5 unit in the second half of the year. Plus we have our young youbouty, who was drafted where you'd expect a cover 2 CB to be drafted and was highly touted by many. Our corner play was phenomenally better in the second half of the season after our guys were more accustomed to the new defense and I don't see a good reason to go after a CB in the unlikely event that we were to keep Clements

DollarBill3181
01-22-2007, 08:05 PM

You know my stance, though i was ina small LB-phase of Pos or Willis, ive 99% of the time been in a Dwayne Jarrett phase

Space Ghost
01-22-2007, 08:38 PM
I think I am in the Lawrence Timmons face right now because it is the solution to all of our questions at linebacker; I wrote this in my latest mock draft:

The Buffalo Bills are in an odd situation this year where they have some big time players who could be leaving and few glaring holes where as there are just spots where an upgrade would be nice. I have Timmons going to the Bills here because it is the end all of the scenarios at linebacker for them. If Fletcher isn’t resigned Crowell moves into the middle and Spikes stays where he is. If both Fletcher and Spikes are gone then you have Crowell inside at the MIKE position, Ellison at WILL and Timmons at SAM. If only Spikes leaves, Timmons just slides into his starting spot.

glazeduck
01-22-2007, 09:45 PM
wouldn't simply NOT cutting TKO also solve the same problems?

I know he's getting a little old, but he clearly has another few years left in the tank and look at what Julian Peterson did this year, this, the 2nd year he's been back since his achilles injury, the same one spikes suffered. I'd personally like to see us try to get him to restructure his contract, I think he'd be ok with that, and let us use our #1 elsewhere. If you wanna talk his eventual replacement, lets use another later pick and just see how that goes for now, I personally don't view LB as much of a need.

SuperMcGee
01-22-2007, 09:51 PM
yeah I definitely would like to keep Spikes, I've made that rather clear. But as far as LB goes, Patrick Willis is still my favorite pick in any situation that our LB core encounters

art vandelay
01-23-2007, 09:03 AM
Hey guys, I watned to update you on my favorite WR prospect in the draft:

WR Jason Hill - Displayed excellent hands, catching practically everything that came his way. He catches the ball with his hands, rather than the "body catch" and he goes up and gets it at its highest point. He did a good job of adjusting to poorly thrown balls.
from ontheclockdraft.com

Washington State wide receiver Jason Hill looked like Jerry Rice out on the field making play after play. He and Smith seem to have good chemistry, hooking up on a number of passes
from http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/content/oh/story/sports/college/osu/2007/01/23/ddn012307senior.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=32

On the other end of many of his passes were brought in by two targets: David Clowney of Virginia Tech and Jason Hill of Washington State. Both players caught more with their hands than bodies and could cover a lot of ground after the catch.
from draftdaddy.com

I have always loved this guy, even ask Rob S if you don't believe me, ha. I hope we take him in Round 3. He's going to be a good player in the NFL.

Leon Sandcastle
01-23-2007, 11:55 AM
While Art has a man crush on Jason Hill I got a thing for Dwayne Bowe. His stock is soaring right now and he might be out of range of our 2nd round pick but I like this kid.

He'd compliment Lee Evans so well.

Turbeauxdog
01-23-2007, 12:28 PM
No offense but your theory on offensive lineman is skewed. I mean I understand where you are coming from, however we really need a dominant Guard (two even) to make our running game successful as well as the passing game.

First round linemen are boom or bust. If you hit the jackpot with a guy like Ogden or Munoz then you are set for 10 years. But if you get a guy like Mike Williams, you have to give him 25 starts to see what he can do and if he is a bust your line stinks for 2 years and you've wasted a huge chunk of cap space on a backup lineman. Better off to draft 3 guys in the late rounds and hope them one or two pan out. Plenty of good lineman in the league right now are 2nd day draft picks and UFAs.

And I don't find DT to be our Number one priority. We can get a guy via FA that can fill in and make an impact too, with McCargo, Williams, Tripplett, FA I think we have a good rotation, not to mention with Hargrove coming in on obvious passing downs (please let us re-sign him).

The Bills had a chance to draft Vince Wilfork and passed on him. The most important position in defensive football is DT/NT because he plugs the run at the line of scrimmage and he collapses the pocket on passing plays.

I see CB or LB as our first round pick, with a Guard in the second and we take a shot on a RB in the third (Michael Bush if he lasts, Antonio Pittman, Tony Hunt, Darius Walker, etc).

Your draft makes a lot of sense because a dominant OG (if there is one in the draft) will fall to us in the 2nd round. You also have to figure we sign a CB, LB, or RB as a free agent so whether we take a LB, CB, or RB will depend on how Free Agency pans out.

Turbeauxdog
01-23-2007, 12:39 PM

WR Jason Hill - Displayed excellent hands, catching practically everything that came his way. He catches the ball with his hands, rather than the "body catch" and he goes up and gets it at its highest point. He did a good job of adjusting to poorly thrown balls.
from ontheclockdraft.com

Washington State wide receiver Jason Hill looked like Jerry Rice out on the field making play after play. He and Smith seem to have good chemistry, hooking up on a number of passes
from http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/content/oh/story/sports/college/osu/2007/01/23/ddn012307senior.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=32

On the other end of many of his passes were brought in by two targets: David Clowney of Virginia Tech and Jason Hill of Washington State. Both players caught more with their hands than bodies and could cover a lot of ground after the catch.
from draftdaddy.com

I have always loved this guy, even ask Rob S if you don't believe me, ha. I hope we take him in Round 3. He's going to be a good player in the NFL.

Pac 10 has a horrible track record for WRs so if this pick pans out you must really know your stuff. In the last 10 years the Pac 10 has produced Houshmendzada, Chad Johnson, Dennis Northcut, Troy Walters and not much else.

SuperMcGee
01-23-2007, 01:01 PM

from ontheclockdraft.com

from draftdaddy.com

I really like Hill as well. He was in my top 5 preseason WR rankings (Calvin, Jarrett, Samardzija, Ginn, Hill (ahead of Rice). I'm pretty sure thats how they went.) and now is there once again, only with some better competition from Rice and now Bowe, who I've also taken a liking to since that time. They're all really close and while Hill may end up on the short end of this one, he's still one of the prospects I like to keep an eye on and I probably have him rated higher than most.

drmoyer421
01-23-2007, 06:24 PM
Scout.com said that the Bills were scouting WRs today "HARD" at the Senior Bowl practices

DollarBill3181
01-23-2007, 06:59 PM
Scout.com said that the Bills were scouting WRs today "HARD" at the Senior Bowl practices

good to hear, im hoping we take a certain guy @ #12, you might be able to guess who it is.

samhoar
01-23-2007, 06:59 PM
Here's my first shot at a mock on here! I think that the focus of the FA period will be addressing the O-line and D-line. With that they will look to fill the needs at CB/LB in the draft.

1) Leon Hall-CB-Mich: I see Ty Law when i see him play. He's got a great knack for the ball and is sure tackler.

2) Jon Beason-OLB-FLA: With Spikes not playing up to form (not that I blame him) and the overall lack of depth at the LBer spot it makes sense to add an athletic LB early.

3) Tim Crowder-DE-Texas: With Kelsay becoming a FA and the team never having a quality DE opposite Schobel it would be nice to get a solid DE opposite him.

4) Kenneth Darby-RB-Alabama: Willis' days are numbered in Buffalo and getting a hard running RB wouldnt hurt the teams options going into next offseason.

art vandelay
01-23-2007, 07:45 PM

Great news! I hope Jason Hill caught their eye!

art vandelay
01-23-2007, 07:46 PM

good to hear, im hoping we take a certain guy @ #12, you might be able to guess who it is.

Luckily, he's not at the Senior Bowl... :lol:

art vandelay
01-23-2007, 07:57 PM

from ontheclockdraft.com

from draftdaddy.com

I really like Hill as well. He was in my top 5 preseason WR rankings (Calvin, Jarrett, Samardzija, Ginn, Hill (ahead of Rice). I'm pretty sure thats how they went.) and now is there once again, only with some better competition from Rice and now Bowe, who I've also taken a liking to since that time. They're all really close and while Hill may end up on the short end of this one, he's still one of the prospects I like to keep an eye on and I probably have him rated higher than most.

Awesome, something we can agree on (Mike Gandy :lol: )

Here's my WR rankings for those WR's:
1. Calvin Johnson
2. Dwayne Jarrett
3. Jeff Samardzija
4. Jason Hill
5. Ted Ginn

Hill kind of reminds me of a mix of Eric Moulds and Jerricho Cotchery.

Leon Sandcastle
01-23-2007, 08:12 PM

Could you post the article boss?

DWhitner20
01-23-2007, 08:52 PM
Hill kind of reminds me of a mix of Eric Moulds and Jerricho Cotchery.

I like that a lot. :D

art vandelay
01-23-2007, 09:00 PM

Could you post the article boss?

I think he could get in trouble for that because Scout.com is a premium membership that you have to pay for...

Leon Sandcastle
01-23-2007, 09:57 PM
Don't worry about it. I read the article and it states that the Bills were looking hard at WR's but said all the talent is on the North Team.

I'm obviously paraphrasing the last part.

But it seems like Levy has a thing for Dwayne Bowe too.

DWhitner20
01-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Don't worry about it. I read the article and it states that the Bills were looking hard at WR's but said all the talent is on the North Team.

I'm obviously paraphrasing the last part.

But it seems like Levy has a thing for Dwayne Bowe too.

Yum.
:D :D

DollarBill3181
01-23-2007, 11:22 PM

o, your not a DJ fan?

art vandelay
01-23-2007, 11:59 PM

o, your not a DJ fan?

Not really, I mean he has talent for sure, but he is kind of inconsistent and he is a show-off.

R. Rich
01-24-2007, 03:43 AM
Darrelle Revis sounds like a good choice ay #12 if Clements isn't signed

Bills2083
01-24-2007, 07:51 AM
Patrick Willis sounds good at #12. We don't need to use a first rounder on a CB if we just used a 3rd on Youboty last year

SuperMcGee
01-24-2007, 01:47 PM

Great news! I hope Jason Hill caught their eye!

sounds awesome to me

calibill2
01-24-2007, 07:40 PM
c'mon dwayne jarrett

Rob S
01-24-2007, 08:49 PM
What would you guys think or trading a 5th rounder for Nick Harper?

bills_red
01-24-2007, 08:59 PM
We don't have a 5th.
But he is worth more than that. imo

art vandelay
01-24-2007, 09:02 PM
Here's my most recent quick mock...

#12) OLB Lawrence Timmons (Florida State) - Still my favorite LB. Would come in and play SLB so Crowell would play MLB and Spikes would play WLB with Ellison replacing Spikes on 3rd downs.

Round 2) Either Aaron Ross, Josh Wilson, Chris Houston or Daymeion Hughes (not Eric Weddle) - I would take any of these guys here. We are probably going to lose Clements and we don't have too much behind him after the sub-par performance by McGee last year and the uncertainty of Ashton Youboty.

Round 3) WR Jason Hill (Washington State) - Probably one of the most underrated players in the entire draft. As I stated before, he is kind of a mix of Eric Moulds and Jerricho Cotchery. He has deceptive deep speed and extremely reliable hands.

Round 4) TE Jonny Harline (BYU) or Ben Patrick (Delaware) - I don't care which, I like them both. They are both very good pass catching TE's.

Round 5) Traded for DE Anthony Hargrove - I think that trading our 5th rounder was worth it for Hargrove.

Round 6) OLB Rory Johnson (Ole Miss) - Fast and explosive LB with good range. "Fly to the ball" type guy which Fewell loves. Young and good value here.

Round 7) FB Le'Ron McClain (Alabama) or Cory Anderson (Tennessee) - I don't care which, I like both. This closes the door on Shelton.

Leon Sandcastle
01-24-2007, 09:09 PM

He's a Free Agent at the end of the season so we can just outright sign him.

I love your 1,6,7 round picks. I've been pretty high on Rory Johnson he could be this year's version of Keith Ellison.

art vandelay
01-24-2007, 09:15 PM

He's a Free Agent at the end of the season so we can just outright sign him.

I love your 1,6,7 round picks. I've been pretty high on Rory Johnson he could be this year's version of Keith Ellison.

He means in the Forum Mock for Nick Harper.

DollarBill3181
01-24-2007, 09:16 PM

o, your not a DJ fan?

Not really, I mean he has talent for sure, but he is kind of inconsistent and he is a show-off.

im a USC fan, so a lil biased, but i think any inconsistency is just the natural not-#1 WR prospect kinda thing.
Every WR in NCAA has his bumps who isnt the #1 rated WR, and even in those cases, i.e. Braylon Edwards, etc werent amazing.
He's a perfect example, not amazing (yet) but not awful by any sort of means, but ill say this, after next season, no matter where he is, itll be a given that one would want Dwayne JArrett on their team over Braylon Edwards (and i know thats not all too lofty, but its a step for a rookie WR that.....hopefully.....goes #12).
just my thought

art vandelay
01-24-2007, 09:17 PM
I tried to get Ahmad Bradshaw (a guy I really like) and Ramzee Robinson into my mock but I ran out of picks :cry:

art vandelay
01-24-2007, 09:20 PM

o, your not a DJ fan?

im a USC fan, so a lil biased, but i think any inconsistency is just the natural not-#1 WR prospect kinda thing.
Every WR in NCAA has his bumps who isnt the #1 rated WR, and even in those cases, i.e. Braylon Edwards, etc werent amazing.
He's a perfect example, not amazing (yet) but not awful by any sort of means, but ill say this, after next season, no matter where he is, itll be a given that one would want Dwayne JArrett on their team over Braylon Edwards (and i know thats not all too lofty, but its a step for a rookie WR that.....hopefully.....goes #12).
just my thought

I didn't really understand some of that, you worded it strangely. But in college I think Edwards was much more consistent. He basically won the Michigan State game for them in his Senior Year. He didn't drop as many balls as Jarrett did last year and he doesn't showboat like Jarrett does.

DollarBill3181
01-24-2007, 10:21 PM

o, your not a DJ fan?

just my thought

I didn't really understand some of that, you worded it strangely. But in college I think Edwards was much more consistent. He basically won the Michigan State game for them in his Senior Year. He didn't drop as many balls as Jarrett did last year and he doesn't showboat like Jarrett does.

ya, sry, my basic point was after his rookie year, it will be common knowledge that DJ is a better WR than Braylon - and i then went on to say that that isnt any sort of amazing accomplishment (as Bray isnt teh #1 WR or anything) but still decent.
thats it basically

Leon Sandcastle
01-24-2007, 10:59 PM
A RB that I'm starting to warm on with each day is Lorenzo Booker out of Flordia St.

When you look at Steve Fairchilds offense you need a guy like Booker who can catch out of the backfield and line up in the slot.

And it's my opinion that he's going to be a better in the NFL than he ever was in the collegiate level. Hopefully Marv Levy feels the same way.

Darius Walker out of Notre Dame is another guy that fits that mold.

If they can be had in the 3rd-4th rounds which is where they're pretty much projected right now I would take a flier on them.

Just watch Bookers athletic ability and elusiveness on this one clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvPumoZFpl4

ChiFan24
01-25-2007, 07:21 AM
I have a scenario for you Bills fans:

You lose both FA

It's your pick. Quinn, Russell, Peterson, Johnson, Ginn, Thomas, Levi Brown, Adams, Jamaal Anderson, Alan Branch, and Reggie Nelson are off the board (in no order).

Cleveland is willing to trade #36 overall for McGahee

Marshawn Lynch is there, along with Jarrett, Bowe, Moses, Timmons, Willis, Revis, Hall, etc.

Do you trade McGahee and take Lynch?

Trade McGahee and take someone else? (I'm leading towards Timmons, as I have the Bills signing Harper)?

Or keep McGahee?

art vandelay
01-25-2007, 09:10 AM
A RB that I'm starting to warm on with each day is Lorenzo Booker out of Flordia St.

When you look at Steve Fairchilds offense you need a guy like Booker who can catch out of the backfield and line up in the slot.

And it's my opinion that he's going to be a better in the NFL than he ever was in the collegiate level. Hopefully Marv Levy feels the same way.

If they can be had in the 3rd-4th rounds which is where they're pretty much projected right now I would take a flier on them.

I once was on the Booker bandwagon but then I realized he's not really a good fit for our offense. I've already seen that clip and BTW Walker is not like Booker at all. Anyway, Booker would not be able to make that play in the NFL as the game speed is completely different. Plus, I don't think that we do need a guy who can line up in the slot - did McGahee ever do that last year? He had a career low 18 catches last year. Fairchild has no intention of using his RB's in the passing game at all. I think he wants the RB's to pound out 1st downs in between the tackles and move the chains to set up the big pass play. Michael Turner is a perfect fit. He has both incredible power and speed, a rare combination. Unlike McGahee, Turner has the ability to pick up first downs by running people over and can also bounce it to the outside and outrun people. He's a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball. I'll say it again, Michael Turner is Earl Campbell Jr.

art vandelay
01-25-2007, 09:24 AM
If you guys want a guy who has feature back potential that you can get it in the mid-rounds, look no further than Ahmad Bradshaw (AB!) of Marshall. He has great speed, a solid build (5'11" 192) and suprisingly good power. He is only 20 years old and ran behind a very mediocre Marshall line but still put up very good stats. He played RB in HS and rushed for over 5,200 yards, scored 92 TD's and averaged over 10 yards a carry. He originally signed to play college ball at Virginia as a CB, but then never enrolled and transferred to Marshall to play RB. My first choice for RB would be to sign Michael Turner, but if not, Bradshaw is my guy. If you want to see some tape on him, check youtube, there's quite a few on there.

DWhitner20
01-25-2007, 10:08 AM
Superbowl XXV tonight on NFL Network. :(

Rob S
01-25-2007, 11:26 AM
In case you didn't notice, Scott had the Bills talking to Manuel Ramirez and Okoye in his senior bowl player-team section. I dont think you can read too much into this, but it is interesting just to know who Marv was spotted talking with.

art vandelay
01-25-2007, 11:48 AM
In case you didn't notice, Scott had the Bills talking to Manuel Ramirez and Okoye in his senior bowl player-team section. I dont think you can read too much into this, but it is interesting just to know who Marv was spotted talking with.

It's a good thing to recognize but not immediately have the Bills taking a DT at 12. Remember that we talked to both Ngata and Bunkley last year and ended up taking Whitner at 8. I am not fond of Ramirez at all so I hope that we never talk to him again. :lol:

DWhitner20
01-25-2007, 12:05 PM

It's a good thing to recognize but not immediately have the Bills taking a DT at 12. Remember that we talked to both Ngata and Bunkley last year and ended up taking Whitner at 8. I am not fond of Ramirez at all so I hope that we never talk to him again. :lol:

He's one nasty looking dude.

Also, good to hear that we talked to Okoye.

art vandelay
01-25-2007, 12:21 PM

He's one nasty looking dude.

Also, good to hear that we talked to Okoye.

Seems to be a road grader with a strong base and slow feet. Would definitely be a help in the run game, but a liability in the passing game.

Leon Sandcastle
01-25-2007, 12:35 PM
Would you guys object to picking Dwayne Bowe with the 12th pick? He has improved his stock by that much this week.

I hope our scouts noticed how good Le'Ron McClain has been this week and use a 2nd day pick on this kid. He's considered a great run blocker and has been praised by everyone in Mobile this week. He won't hurt you catching out of the backfield too so that's another plus.

Kirwan on McClain

He's the real deal as a lead blocker, and that never changed for one play all week. He is capable of a few critical runs a game and consistently demonstrated receiver skills.

Pat Kirwan thinks that Patrick Willis would be a good fit inside in the Tampa 2 scheme.

Patrick Willis, Mississippi linebacker: He's a Tampa 2 middle linebacker, a 3-4 weak inside 'backer, and he'll play the run early in his career with the pro passing attack just one year away.

This is what Kirwan had to say about Manuel Ramirez

Manuel Ramirez, Texas Tech guard, stops getting viewed as a man who can't run block in this league after playing in a pass-happy Texas Tech package. This guy is a road-grader and one of the worst kept secrets in Senior Bowl history

Kirwan on Lorenzo Booker

Lorenzo Booker, Florida State running back: On Monday, he was average-looking. On Tuesday, he made a quality defender flat out miss him in close quarters and scored a touchdown -- he flashed his skills. On Wednesday, he started to resemble a young Tiki Barber blending some power, good hands and a whole lot of shake.

DWhitner20
01-25-2007, 01:13 PM
Would you guys object to picking Dwayne Bowe with the 12th pick? He has improved his stock by that much this week.

THAT much? I don't think so... I like this guy a lot though.

I hope our scouts noticed how good Le'Ron McClain has been this week and use a 2nd day pick on this kid. He's considered a great run blocker and has been praised by everyone in Mobile this week. He won't hurt you catching out of the backfield too so that's another plus.

Kirwan on McClain

He's the real deal as a lead blocker, and that never changed for one play all week. He is capable of a few critical runs a game and consistently demonstrated receiver skills.

He's been our 7th round pick in everyone of my Bills mocks, I like him and think he would be a very good replacment for Shelton who is most likley done.

DWhitner20
01-25-2007, 01:14 PM
Seems to be a road grader with a strong base and slow feet. Would definitely be a help in the run game, but a liability in the passing game.

Do you really think so? I mean he's coming from TT where they're as pass happy as can be.

Also, we signed OT Kirk Chambers:
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4583

katnip
01-25-2007, 02:14 PM
I'd be pleasantly pleased to sign Dwayne Bowe in Round two but not one.

ChiFan24
01-25-2007, 02:36 PM

You lose both FA

It's your pick. Quinn, Russell, Peterson, Johnson, Ginn, Thomas, Levi Brown, Adams, Jamaal Anderson, Alan Branch, and Reggie Nelson are off the board (in no order).

Marshawn Lynch is there, along with Jarrett, Bowe, Moses, Timmons, Willis, Revis, Hall, etc.

Trade McGahee and take someone else? (I'm leading towards Timmons, as I have the Bills signing Harper)?

Or keep McGahee?

SuperMcGee
01-25-2007, 04:20 PM

I once was on the Booker bandwagon but then I realized he's not really a good fit for our offense. I've already seen that clip and BTW Walker is not like Booker at all. Anyway, Booker would not be able to make that play in the NFL as the game speed is completely different. Plus, I don't think that we do need a guy who can line up in the slot - did McGahee ever do that last year? He had a career low 18 catches last year. Fairchild has no intention of using his RB's in the passing game at all. I think he wants the RB's to pound out 1st downs in between the tackles and move the chains to set up the big pass play. Michael Turner is a perfect fit. He has both incredible power and speed, a rare combination. Unlike McGahee, Turner has the ability to pick up first downs by running people over and can also bounce it to the outside and outrun people. He's a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball. I'll say it again, Michael Turner is Earl Campbell Jr.

I remember before the season started Fairchild was talking about using McGahee in the passing game as much as possible, but that never panned out I guess. We had a lot of screen passes to him but no real routes.

Space Ghost
01-25-2007, 04:47 PM

You lose both FA

Or keep McGahee?

I would trade Willis. Draft Okoye with the first pick and Jon Beason with the second one. Then with our other 2nd round pick select the best corner available. Then in the third I would pick up Lorenzo Booker.

SuperMcGee
01-25-2007, 05:47 PM
A 2003 type situation would be awesome this year
Peterson falls to the Bills due to injury concerns (a la McGahee), and then we still get the defensive pick we expected in the first round (Kelsay = Willis) in the second. Of course that would be awesome any year, only its a little more outside realistic this time.

fischbowl
01-25-2007, 06:41 PM
Beat me to Chambers you bastard.

DWhitner20
01-25-2007, 07:21 PM
Beat me to Chambers you bastard.

:lol:

art vandelay
01-25-2007, 07:44 PM
A 2003 type situation would be awesome this year
Peterson falls to the Bills due to injury concerns (a la McGahee), and then we still get the defensive pick we expected in the first round (Kelsay = Willis) in the second. Of course that would be awesome any year, only its a little more outside realistic this time.

That would be the best. draft. ever.

DollarBill3181
01-25-2007, 07:53 PM

You lose both FA

Or keep McGahee?

thatd be awesome...
Draft Jarrett 12th
Now Rd2 depends on what we did in FA, we lost both i assume you mean Fletcher and Clements.
Our Rd2 pick would depend on what outside FA we brought in,a OG LB or CB, hopefully we can get 2 of the 3 and then fill whats left.

Rob S
01-25-2007, 08:04 PM
Bills offseason is essentially done in the FM.

DWhitner20
01-25-2007, 08:08 PM

You lose both FA

Or keep McGahee?

thatd be awesome...
Draft Jarrett 12th
Now Rd2 depends on what we did in FA, we lost both i assume you mean Fletcher and Clements.
Our Rd2 pick would depend on what outside FA we brought in,a OG LB or CB, hopefully we can get 2 of the 3 and then fill whats left.

Get off Jarretts nuts :!:

:P

Leon Sandcastle
01-26-2007, 10:18 AM
Hey Art Vandalay I'm starting to warm up on Jason Hill. He was on the set with Mike Mayock last night and he's a well spoken kid who can really catch the ball.

A hell of a blocker too.

Better than Kiper
01-26-2007, 11:38 AM
I would definetly pull that trigger.

Leon Sandcastle
01-26-2007, 12:26 PM
I keep on hearing and reading that Patrick Willis could drop to Round 2.

DWhitner20
01-26-2007, 12:55 PM
I keep on hearing and reading that Patrick Willis could drop to Round 2.

Let it happen. :D

fischbowl
01-26-2007, 01:07 PM
No way in hell.

SuperMcGee
01-26-2007, 04:40 PM
yeah, I don't think there's a chance he'd be there in round 2. I'd rather just straight up take him at 12, along with many of you. I just said it once in a fantasy post to feel ecstatic.

Leon Sandcastle
01-26-2007, 05:08 PM
Man Dwayne Bowe has upped his stock so much that taking him at 12 wouldn't be a reach but a #2 Reciver isn't the biggest need we have and there are so many good WR's that'll be available in Round 2 or 3 it'll be a bad pick.

But I do like Dwayne Bowe.

Mock Draft
Patrick Willis-ILB Ole Miss
Aaron Sears-RG Tennessee
Paul Williams-WR Fresno St.
Lorenzo Booker-RB Flordia St.
LeRon McClain-FB Alabama
Rory Johnson-OLB Ole Miss

essential
01-26-2007, 05:23 PM
don't know if any of you saw this on the bills message boards, but does it make you question willis at #12 at all?

Five Prospects Who Failed to Meet Expectations
1. Ryan Harris/OL/Notre Dame: Continuing what was a poor senior season, Harris was beaten regularly in Mobile. At one point he was chastised by Jon Gruden for allowing a sack on Thursday.

2. Marcus McCauley/CB/Fresno State: Another who struggled in '06, McCauley was beaten with regularity all week. His performance during Thursday's no pads practice was not good.

3. Patrick Willis/MLB/Mississippi: Willis gave good effort all week and looked strong in the box. Problem was he struggled making plays out to the sidelines or in reverse. He does not resemble the first-round talent many have pinned him to be.

4. Quentin Moses/DE/Georgia: The Bulldogs pass rusher checked in much lighter than expected at 249 pounds and was handled all week by blockers. During interviews, Moses did not come off as a confident individual.

i don't have a link to the article, but it was in this thread:
http://boards.buffalobills.com/forums/thread/1476111.aspx

i still a pos fan, i wouldn't be upset with willis, but i need to see more tapes of him, i hate that i lost nfl network.

SuperMcGee
01-26-2007, 05:31 PM
That guy shows no credibility to me. He scraped for one negative thing to go on about Willis (without providing a link or the correct number of disappointing players) and goes on about how he will flop. Seems like an over the top hater to me

side note- while looking at the list of users currently online, I just remembered that I have an account that I have never used there. I am "Fearless Peerless"

art vandelay
01-26-2007, 06:14 PM
I used to be on the BB.com board. I was "Terry Tate."

glazeduck
01-26-2007, 06:16 PM
does anyone else find it strange how widely varying these reports are? I've read reports that say Chris Leak has been the qb of the week at the senior bowl and Scott doesn't seem like Leak deserves to be holding a football. Both Kiper and McShay thought my boy Drew Stanton's played himself back into the 1st round while Scott and others seem to think that he could fall to day 2.

This report is another example. I've seen multiple articles that say that one of Willis' best strengths is his ability to play sideline to sideline. Just frustrating.

As far as Wide Right's mock, I like it, but I'd tweak it just a hair.

I'd be really fine with...

1. Willis I think he and Jarrett will both have 12th pick value.
2. Sid Rice (I think he'll fall after the combine and private workouts)
2b. Trade up from 3... Daymeion Hughes/Chris Houston...Hughes likely won't be there, but Houston is gonna be a star.
4. Booker kid won't be a 1st day pick, and probably never a franchise rb, but I love his game and think he'd be very good in our system.
6. McClain, love what I hear about him so far and think we need to address FB.
7.Rory Johnson, if this kid actually does run 4.23 theres no way he's here, but he sounds real athletic, would be a heck of a 7th rounder. If not...Jeff Samarzidja anyone?

Iamcanadian
01-27-2007, 06:37 AM
does anyone else find it strange how widely varying these reports are? I've read reports that say Chris Leak has been the qb of the week at the senior bowl and Scott doesn't seem like Leak deserves to be holding a football. Both Kiper and McShay thought my boy Drew Stanton's played himself back into the 1st round while Scott and others seem to think that he could fall to day 2.

This report is another example. I've seen multiple articles that say that one of Willis' best strengths is his ability to play sideline to sideline. Just frustrating.

2b. Trade up from 3... Daymeion Hughes/Chris Houston...Hughes likely won't be there, but Houston is gonna be a star.
4. Booker kid won't be a 1st day pick, and probably never a franchise rb, but I love his game and think he'd be very good in our system.
7.Rory Johnson, if this kid actually does run 4.23 theres no way he's here, but he sounds real athletic, would be a heck of a 7th rounder. If not...Jeff Samarzidja anyone?

You really have to know which are the most reliable sites and even then there can be some variances. If you cannot find consensus, it usually means the player has at least some problems. This isn't a strong draft class, if Russell and Quinn don't turnout to be franchise type QB's, this will be a mediocre draft.
The consensus I found on Willis suggests #12 is way too high for him, he's very good against the run but has a lot of trouble dropping into pass coverage which isn't good for a cover 2 MLB. I think he go anywhere from around 18-32.
Personally I'm not a Rice fan at all, he'll definitely be there in round 2 but will turnout to be a below average player. I wouldn't be suprised if Hughes is available in round 2, he measured in 4 inches lower than his college height and is known to run a slow 40.
If Booker runs in the 4.35 area, he'll be a day 1 pick in this weak draft.
McClain isn't going to be available in round 6, try round 3 or 4.

Bills2083
01-27-2007, 11:24 AM
That guy shows no credibility to me. He scraped for one negative thing to go on about Willis (without providing a link or the correct number of disappointing players) and goes on about how he will flop. Seems like an over the top hater to me

side note- while looking at the list of users currently online, I just remembered that I have an account that I have never used there. I am "Fearless Peerless"

I'm not that guy on the BB message board, but I found the link to it.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/01/26/senior.bowl/index.html

[/url]

Bills2083
01-27-2007, 11:26 AM

What are we trading to get up from the 3rd to the 2nd? We're not missing any draft picks besides the 5th for hargrove.

Rob S
01-27-2007, 12:08 PM

What are we trading to get up from the 3rd to the 2nd? We're not missing any draft picks besides the 5th for hargrove.

he wants 2 seconds..........

bills_red
01-27-2007, 12:29 PM
Do you get on anymore?

art vandelay
01-27-2007, 01:27 PM
Do you get on anymore?

Nope.

Rob S
01-27-2007, 01:54 PM
I forget my old username. I was pretty active for a while, had like 2000 posts.

Leon Sandcastle
01-27-2007, 02:12 PM
Glazeduck is spot on when he brings up the conflicting reports from Mobile this week.

I read one article where Patrick Willis's coverage ability was questioned and then another one the same day that said he'd fit best in a Cover 2 scheme.

Chris Leak, Jason Hill, Justin Blalock, Leon Hall have all been in the same boat.

It's frustrating.

DWhitner20
01-27-2007, 03:32 PM
Amobi Okoye will be our Tommie Harris.

SuperMcGee
01-27-2007, 04:17 PM
I know I haven't talked about getting him as much as I used to, but Brian Leonard would be AMAZING!!!!

Rob S
01-27-2007, 04:18 PM
Amobi Okoye will be our Tommie Harris.

I can see him as that type of player, he will take longer to develop tho

DollarBill3181
01-27-2007, 04:45 PM

You lose both FA

Or keep McGahee?

thatd be awesome...
Draft Jarrett 12th

Get off Jarretts nuts :!:

:P

couldnt i say the same about pat willis to, everyone lol

Its not even Jarrett, I like him cause I see him here and I like teh Bills, but if Calvin was the #2 or 3 WR rated that coudl go to us, itd be him i like.

What im "obsessed with" is the Bills getting a boafide (sp?) #2 WR to really put the passing game over the hump, and I with the situation at hand (Jarrett being the best option - better than any FA - but we cant expect Calvin) so im excited for the opportunity at drafting him. If we sign a drew bennett or something my icon will right away change to that of the next best guy i see us geting (pat willis or maybe poz)

remix 6
01-27-2007, 11:39 PM
hey Buffalo fans i have a question. Can Fletcher still play at a high level? Hes just about gone right? You guys think he can still be a great starter? Just maybe in 3-4 of New England

art vandelay
01-28-2007, 12:56 AM
Here's what Rob and I did in the Forum Mock for the Bills. I posted this in the Forum Mock Discussion thread as well...

http://www.varsityshack.com/images/buffalo-bills-logo.gif
Buffalo Bills 2007 Forum Mock Offseason

PLAYERS ACQUIRED VIA TRADE

1 - RB Michael Turner (Chargers)

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/6509/michaelturnersmallqv9.jpg
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/647/michaelturnerjerseylu3.jpg

2 - OG Jake Scott (Colts)

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/5746/jakescottsmallxk0.jpg
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/9795/jakescottjerseywk4.jpg

3 - CB Nick Harper (Colts)

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/483/nickharpersmallka9.jpg
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/1390/nickharperjerseygo7.jpg

4 - RB DeShaun Foster (Panthers)

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/8213/deshaunfostersmallin4.jpg
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/5065/deshaunfosterjerseyqd1.jpg

PLAYERS ACQUIRED VIA DRAFT

#12 - LB Patrick Willis (Ole Miss)

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/6892/patrickwillissmallzt7.jpg
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/8630/patrickwillisjerseynu8.jpg

#38 - OG Ben Grubbs (Auburn)

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/9501/bengrubbssmallve4.jpg
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/2936/bengrubbsjerseykc4.jpg

#49 - TE Greg Olsen (Miami)

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/1082/gregolsensmallbo1.jpg
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3006/gregolsenjerseyag7.jpg

#76 - WR Jason Hill (Washington State)

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/1517/jasonhillsmallzn9.jpg
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/2968/jasonhilljerseylx1.jpg

PLAYERS LOST

1 - RB Willis McGahee (Jets)

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/4420/willismcgaheesmallqh8.jpg
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/6112/willismcgaheexn8.jpg

2 - LB Takeo Spikes (Jaguars)

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/2156/takeospikessmallib9.jpg
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/6427/takeospikesii5.jpg

DEPTH CHART

OFFENSE:
Backfield
QB JP Losman > Kelly Holcomb > Craig Nall
RB Michael Turner > DeShaun Foster > Anthony Thomas > Shaud Williams > Fred Jackson
FB Daimon Shelton
WR1 Lee Evans > Jason Hill > Roscoe Parrish > Andre Davis > George Wilson > Troy Bergeron
WR2 Peerless Price > Josh Reed > Sam Aiken > Chris Denney > Daunta Peterson
TE Robert Royal > Greg Olsen > Brad Cieslak > Kevin Everett > Ryan Neufeld > Matt Murphy

Offensive Line
LT Jason Peters > Walter Stith
LG Jake Scott > Mike Gandy > Tutan Reyes
C Melvin Fowler > Aaron Merz
RG Ben Grubbs > Duke Preston > Chris Villarrial
RT Terrance Pennington > Brad Butler > Randy Hand

DEFENSE:
Defensive Line
RE Chris Kelsay > Ryan Denney > Ryan Neil
NT Kyle Williams > Tim Anderson
UT Larry Tripplett > John McCargo > Jason Jefferson
LE Aaron Schobel > Anthony Hargrove > Eric Powell

Linebackers
SLB Patrick Willis > Mario Haggan > Roy Manning > Josh Stamer > Kevin Harrison
MLB London Fletcher > John DiGorgio
WLB Angelo Crowell > Keith Ellison > Coy Wire

Secondary
LCB Nate Clements > Nick Harper > Kiwaukee Thomas > Jabari Greer
RCB Terrence McGee > Ashton Youboty > Eric Bassey
FS Ko Simpson > Jim Leonhard
SS Donte Whitner > Matt Bowen

SPECIAL TEAMS:
K Rian Lindell
P Brian Moorman > Josh Brazen
LS Mike Scheck
KR Terrence McGee > Roscoe Parrish
PR Roscoe Parrish > Terrence McGee

Red - Indicates acquisition

BOTTOM LINE

I feel that Rob S and I have had a very successful offseason. At first glance, one might say that we lost two big "names" in Willis McGahee and Takeo Spikes. However, this is not the case. McGahee had fathered 3 children from 3 different women and suggested that the Bills move to Canada, so he obviously did not the exhibit high character that Marv Levy demands. Also, Ralph Wilson publically declared the ground game as a "dissapointment" after the season ended so we felt that we needed to upgrade the running back position. We feel that Michael Turner's combination of power and speed is a big upgrade over Willis McGahee and DeShaun Foster's quickness and agility provide a nice change of pace back.

Takeo Spikes came into last year off an achilles injury and was very disappointing. He was a liability in coverage at the Tampa-2 WLB and was actually replaced by 6th round draft pick Keith Ellison on 3rd downs. Shifting Angelo Crowell to WLB and drafting Patrick Willis to play SLB in our opinion is an upgrade over Spikes.

Greg Olsen, Jason Hill, Ben Grubbs, Jake Scott and Nick Harper are all guys that we really like as well and are thrilled to add. In Grubbs and Scott we have added 2 new starting guards and in Olsen we have added a TE which we can utilize in 2 TE sets as a reciever to Robert Royal's blocking. Hill is a guy that we are very high on and feel that he is our 2nd WR of the future and slot guy of the present. He is the sure-handed over-the-middle WR we wanted to compliment Lee Evans' speed. Finally, Nick Harper is a CB who we like because of his experience and success in the Tampa-2 and we feel that he is an excellent nickel corner who came in for great value as well.

Iamcanadian
01-28-2007, 03:09 AM
Here's what Rob and I did in the Forum Mock for the Bills. I posted this in the Forum Mock Discussion thread as well...

OFFENSE:
Backfield
RB Michael Turner > DeShaun Foster > Anthony Thomas > Shaud Williams > Fred Jackson
FB Daimon Shelton
WR1 Lee Evans > Jason Hill > Roscoe Parrish > Andre Davis > George Wilson > Troy Bergeron
TE Robert Royal > Greg Olsen > Brad Cieslak > Kevin Everett > Ryan Neufeld > Matt Murphy

Offensive Line

DEFENSE:
Defensive Line

Linebackers

Secondary

SPECIAL TEAMS:
K Rian Lindell
LS Mike Scheck

BOTTOM LINE

I feel that Rob S and I have had a very successful offseason. At first glance, one might say that we lost two big "names" in Willis McGahee and Takeo Spikes. However, this is not the case. McGahee had fathered 3 children from 3 different women and suggested that the Bills move to Canada, so he obviously did not the exhibit high character that Marv Levy demands. Also, Ralph Wilson publically declared the ground game as a "dissapointment" after the season ended so we felt that we needed to upgrade the running back position. We feel that Michael Turner's combination of power and speed is a big upgrade over Willis McGahee and DeShaun Foster's quickness and agility provide a nice change of pace back.

Michael Turner--How do you know he isn't another Lamont Jordan RB, Oakland Raiders, he's done nothing to prove he can be an every down RB in the NFL. Also how did you acquire him???

Takeo Spikes came into last year off an achilles injury and was very disappointing. He was a liability in coverage at the Tampa-2 WLB and was actually replaced by 6th round draft pick Keith Ellison on 3rd downs. Shifting Angelo Crowell to WLB and drafting Patrick Willis to play SLB in our opinion is an upgrade over Spikes.

The scouting report on Willis is that he is a 2 down LBer who has problems in coverage. Can he play SLB in a cover 2??? He may turnout to be an upgrade in about 2-3 years but he's not a Spikes just yet.

Greg Olsen, Jason Hill, Ben Grubbs, Jake Scott and Nick Harper are all guys that we really like as well and are thrilled to add. In Grubbs and Scott we have added 2 new starting guards and in Olsen we have added a TE which we can utilize in 2 TE sets as a reciever to Robert Royal's blocking. Hill is a guy that we are very high on and feel that he is our 2nd WR of the future and slot guy of the present. He is the sure-handed over-the-middle WR we wanted to compliment Lee Evans' speed. Finally, Nick Harper is a CB who we like because of his experience and success in the Tampa-2 and we feel that he is an excellent nickel corner who came in for great value as well.

Your not going to get Greg Olsen in round 3, he a 2nd rounder at his worst. Jason Hill is nothing special, what makes you think he can be an NFL starter????
How did you acquire Scott and Harper from Indy???

Turbeauxdog
01-28-2007, 10:39 AM
Why would you want Olsen? He only caught 1 TD all year. He is nowhere near as good as the Miami TEs that came before him.

Rob S
01-28-2007, 10:49 AM

OFFENSE:
Backfield
FB Daimon Shelton

Offensive Line

DEFENSE:
Defensive Line

Linebackers

Secondary

SPECIAL TEAMS:
K Rian Lindell
LS Mike Scheck

BOTTOM LINE

Michael Turner--How do you know he isn't another Lamont Jordan RB, Oakland Raiders, he's done nothing to prove he can be an every down RB in the NFL. Also how did you acquire him???

The scouting report on Willis is that he is a 2 down LBer who has problems in coverage. Can he play SLB in a cover 2??? He may turnout to be an upgrade in about 2-3 years but he's not a Spikes just yet.

Your not going to get Greg Olsen in round 3, he a 2nd rounder at his worst. Jason Hill is nothing special, what makes you think he can be an NFL starter????

Scott was a 6th, Harper a 5th, Jason Hill is a good pick in Rd.3 as I was contacted by 2 teams who wanted him after our selection. Patrick Willis is a very versatile LBer, and will move back to the middle when Fletcher moves on. And imo, a RB tandem of Turner/Foster is much better than Willis/Thomas. We gave a 2nd for Turner, but got a higher one back for Willis.

Rob S
01-28-2007, 10:55 AM
Why would you want Olsen? He only caught 1 TD all year. He is nowhere near as good as the Miami TEs that came before him.

He had Kyle Wright throwing him the ball :?

Space Ghost
01-28-2007, 11:40 AM
With that off season we have 21 players who need to be cut or put on the practice squad. I think you might want to do some pruning.

DWhitner20
01-28-2007, 03:04 PM
If it comes clear during the offseason that we decide to move Crowell to MLB(say we make a play for Briggs in FA, which I think we will and Marv will push hard to get him, if we fail:), I'd love to see Jon Beason in round 2. I think he would excell in a Cover 2 scheme.

art vandelay
01-28-2007, 05:32 PM

OFFENSE:
Backfield
FB Daimon Shelton

Offensive Line

DEFENSE:
Defensive Line

Linebackers

Secondary

SPECIAL TEAMS:
K Rian Lindell
LS Mike Scheck

BOTTOM LINE

WTF?

We picked Olsen in the 2nd Round. What makes you think Hill can't be an NFL starter? Do you even know anything about him? Wow.