PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bills Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

gookieman
02-19-2007, 03:46 PM
I wouldnt even think of CB on the first day (this is going on the basis that the Bills will sign a CB in FA) possibly not even at all. LB in the first round, but I would also want to see Adam Carriker come on. I think he would be great in Buffalo, adding that spark that they need. He could go inside and help free the LB's, or he could play end. Either way i could see it. I see the 2nd round going with a WR, there should be many good ones left, and I know Marv is happy with the TE, but I still think they could draft one soon times. I also think that they could go with a RB either in the 2nd or 3rd round no doubt.

I agree, Carriker could give us a solid Richard Seymour like player to anchor our D-line for years.

KJ4140
02-19-2007, 04:35 PM
Carriker won't be around in the second round and theres no way we take him in the first round. It would have to be another trade-up like last year.

losabio
02-19-2007, 04:50 PM
ya thats what I was saying. Althought it would be very nice to see Carriker come to Buffalo I highly doubt it, unless they are willing to use the 12th pick to get him, or trade up, but doing so would cost them thier later picks in day one. I would say you could take him over Willis, but I think that Lb is more of a priority than DL. I think it would be a great pick, but I doubt it will happen.

SuperMcGee
02-19-2007, 05:19 PM
i do not understand why everybody wants us to draft Patrick Willis? He is a very talented linebaker and i like him alot but i think there are much bigger concerns on our team then a Linebaker, especially for a 1st round pick. I personally think that we should resign Fletcher on a small contract like 2 seasons, 3 tops, and then draft someone like a Buster Davis in the 3rd if he falls that far or even like a Jon Abbate from Wake Forest on the 2nd day and eventually groom him to replace London. Abbate could be a very nice sleeper pick and we would not have to use any first day picks on a LB. I personally think we draft Levi Brown to improve our o-line. Whether that means trading down a bit to get him or even taking him at #12 i think it is the right pick for the bills and would improve our biggest need on the team which is obviously o-line. As for CB i think we let it stay the way it is for a season maybe grab a late rounder for some depth and see how McGee and Youboty do together.

Its not just that simple. Fletcher hasn't sounded very enthusiastic about coming back. I don't midn waiting on LB if the right guy is there, but I'm a big fan of Willis and eh is one of my top choices for the first round.

SuperMcGee
02-19-2007, 05:24 PM
After Marv's (the Bills GM) press conference, I can say the bills will not draft a first round corner, they will draft a first day RB, no TE's, and no offensive line (at least not with the intention to start right away, Marv specifically said he doesn't think rookie O-Linemen can help).

I'm pretty sure they are going to go LB or DE in the first round, either Poz, Willis, or Charles Johnson.

Only way we go DT is if Branch somehow falls, I can't see them taking Okoye as we already have two young 3-Tech DT's, we need a NT, and unless they think Okoye can play NT, he won't be taken. Okoye would be wasting his talent as a NT anyway, he is a pure 3-Tech DT.

I'd agree on most points. I get really iffy when it comes to DE. What makes you believe there is no chance of a first round corner. It seems logical to me, but I'm just wondering where you've heard this because I might've missed it. Same thing with TE.

i'm posting this reply here because the thread in the main forum pretty much belongs here now anyway.

anyway ... i believe there is no chance of a first round corner because when the press ask Marv about resigning Clements and the hole it leaves, he goes right into talking about how the staff likes Youbouty and they think he's a smart kid. if anything, i think we go FA for a CB and sign a lesser CB like Hood from the Eagles or something while our younger CBs develop. maybe they take a first day CB somewhere, but it just came off to me that CB wasn't a high priority to Marv.

as for TE, some of this was posted above in a response i had, but here it is:

He talks about wanting to get the TE's more involved, and that the staff feels Robert Royal has the talent to be a receiving threat, but since the o-line was so bad he had to be kept in to block to much. Maybe they'd go with a second day guy, but I think they feel Royal is their pass catching TE threat, and they won't go after a Olsen or Miller in the second, Marv just didn't sound like he thought it was much of a need, and that Royal was their guy. I can't see them drafting a late round TE either with Marv saying Everett will have to show something this year, meaning he'll still be on the roster, and the staff still loving Cielask. I can't see going into the season with 4 TE's.

If the staff feels that way then fine, but I don't see Royal as much of a receving threat. He found himself wide open a couple times late in the year, but he almost never makes the tough catch. There's a chance he can be it but its not something I trust right now. Cieslak I will definitely agree with, though. He looked good whenever I was able to see him from the offseason to his late-season playing time.

losabio
02-19-2007, 05:53 PM
ya you can almost bet that a CB, or a DB for that matter will not be taken in day 1. I hope they draft a TE, but after hearing about how Royal had to stay in and block alot makes sense, that he wasnt able to leave and run his routes. Theres only one way to see this....upgrade the oline. they would not benefit immediately through ht draft, so enter FA. I expect them to pick up olinemen in FA, erasing that spot from thier draft needs.

That leaves CB, S, QB, TE and OL off the board for day one at least. unless Grubbs or a tope lineman falls later into day one.

SuperMcGee
02-19-2007, 06:06 PM
I'm not assuming anything in free agency, so I can't discount a CB from being taken day 1. We don't need a first rounder for our scheme, but without Clements we're in a very shaky situation. If we do something in FA, then thats great. But I'm not just going to set it aside assuming we have it handled when we currently have McGee, Youboty, and a spot that's yet to be filled, not counting those FAs we have that are barely worth dime spots in a cover 2.

losabio
02-19-2007, 07:31 PM
well seeing as Youboty is entering his 2nd year and that there is doubt that he will be able to compete is out there, there is no point seeing them drafting another CB in the first round, seing as he wont be able to step in and be a #1 corner. Get him through FA, there is where you be able to find a #1 corner. Not to mention that the Bills have ALOT (around 30 million) of cap room. So they are prepared to do some spending.

KJ4140
02-19-2007, 10:09 PM
I think that as of right now, there isn't a rookie that will be able to step in and play at a higher level than Youboty will be able to. Yes, he was a 3rd round pick and it would seem logical that a 1st or 2nd rounder would be ahead of him. He's got a year under him though of studying the playbook so he's got a big advantage there. By drafting a CB, we're really only getting a nickelback in my eyes. A nickelback really isn't worth a high pick, so I can definitely see us waiting on CB's- unless someone falls.

TheChampIsHere
02-20-2007, 01:28 AM
Quick question...

Does the Bills OL run a ZBS?

Space Ghost
02-20-2007, 07:45 AM
Quick question...

Does the Bills OL run a ZBS?

Not very often, we don't run it as our primary blocking scheme though, Im pretty sure at least.

After saying that I thought to myself, ****, McGahee is a great blocker in the backfield. That made me a little worried because if we get rid of him Losman may lose some blocking and some confidence in his running back. If we get rid of him we better pick up one damn good pass blocking back because McGahee is a great one, I remember him leveling a couple guys this year.

BamaFalcon59
02-20-2007, 08:26 AM
Willis is entering the last year of his contract and I do not think he is going anywhere. He will have the motivation to do well before free agency. As far as the blocking scheme , I don't know but will agree that Willis makes some great hits, and for some reason misses some easy ones.

Iamcanadian
02-20-2007, 10:03 AM
I wouldnt even think of CB on the first day (this is going on the basis that the Bills will sign a CB in FA) possibly not even at all. LB in the first round, but I would also want to see Adam Carriker come on. I think he would be great in Buffalo, adding that spark that they need. He could go inside and help free the LB's, or he could play end. Either way i could see it. I see the 2nd round going with a WR, there should be many good ones left, and I know Marv is happy with the TE, but I still think they could draft one soon times. I also think that they could go with a RB either in the 2nd or 3rd round no doubt.

I agree, Carriker could give us a solid Richard Seymour like player to anchor our D-line for years.

Please, Carriker can play in a 3-4 or a standard 4-3 but he would be useless in a cover 2.

Iamcanadian
02-20-2007, 10:15 AM
ya you can almost bet that a CB, or a DB for that matter will not be taken in day 1. I hope they draft a TE, but after hearing about how Royal had to stay in and block alot makes sense, that he wasnt able to leave and run his routes. Theres only one way to see this....upgrade the oline. they would not benefit immediately through ht draft, so enter FA. I expect them to pick up olinemen in FA, erasing that spot from thier draft needs.

That leaves CB, S, QB, TE and OL off the board for day one at least. unless Grubbs or a tope lineman falls later into day one.

Your dreaming, for all we know Youboty is nothing more than an average nickel back. A true CB must be found. OL is also not off the board for day 1. I'd bet right now that we'd take Brown if he last to us or at least somebody by round 3. TE is also a strong possibility in round 2. I do agree that a QB nor a safety will be drafted day 1.
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to matter how big our cap $$$'s are, we are a franchise that doesn't spend money, we're cheap, cheap, cheap and FA won't bring much in.

losabio
02-20-2007, 12:11 PM
i dont know if you follow the Bills that much, but Marv Levy has already come out and said that he is happy with Robert Royal and he think that he is a pass catchig TE, but because the OL was weak last year, he had to stay in and block. He said the OL needs upgrades but not through the draft. They wont be able to make an immediate impact. He said he is going to upgrade the OL through Free Agency. Brown is not going to be an option. Id say Patrick Willis is the ideal pick here, Marv has also talked about letting Takeo Spikes go, therefore there would be an even greater need to draft a LB.

DWhitner20
02-20-2007, 12:27 PM
i dont know if you follow the Bills that much, but Marv Levy has already come out and said that he is happy with Robert Royal and he think that he is a pass catchig TE, but because the OL was weak last year, he had to stay in and block. He said the OL needs upgrades but not through the draft. They wont be able to make an immediate impact. He said he is going to upgrade the OL through Free Agency. Brown is not going to be an option. Id say Patrick Willis is the ideal pick here, Marv has also talked about letting Takeo Spikes go, therefore there would be an even greater need to draft a LB.

I agree with you and the position you want to draft but I prefer drafting Lawrence Timmons. Patrick Willis would be fine though but I agree big time with what you stated above.

Leon Sandcastle
02-20-2007, 12:45 PM
Bills Big Board
Alan Branch
Jamaal Anderson
Gaines Adams
Adam Carriker
Lawrence Timmons
Darrelle Revis
Leon Hall

Leon Sandcastle
02-20-2007, 12:47 PM
Anybody have an opinion on Ronnie McGill-RB North Carolina, Adam Bradshaw-RB Marshall, Brandon Jackson-RB Nebraska?

Iamcanadian
02-20-2007, 12:54 PM
Bills Big Board
Alan Branch
Jamaal Anderson
Gaines Adams
Adam Carriker
Lawrence Timmons
Darrelle Revis
Leon Hall

Needs a little work. Branch, Anderson and Carriker cannot play for a cover 2 team which is the defense we use?????

DWhitner20
02-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Bills Big Board
Alan Branch
Jamaal Anderson
Gaines Adams
Adam Carriker
Lawrence Timmons
Darrelle Revis
Leon Hall

Carriker? Ahhh. Definetly not a fan of that.

Needs a little work. Branch, Anderson and Carriker cannot play for a cover 2 team which is the defense we use?????

Branch definetly could play DT for us.

DWhitner20
02-20-2007, 01:46 PM
YOUR 2007-08 BUFFALO BILLS (in my opinion of course)

The Offense
QB - J.P. Losman
Definetly proved he's a capable NFL Starting QB, should improve a good amount this year.

RB - Willis McGahee
Even though theres a lot of talk about him, I feel when it all comes down he'll be here for next year and string up his best year yet then hit the FA market.

WR1 - Lee Evans
Definetly a number one target, will be among the NFL Elite at WR.

WR2 - Peerless Price/Josh Reed/Roscoe Parrish
Another year of WR by committee for that 2nd spot.

TE - Robert Royal
We'll see him get involved more in the passing game.

FB - Draft Pick/FA
Shelton will be cut.

LT - Jason Peters
Pro Bowler next year?

LG - FA/Draft
Most likley FA pickup to start here.(Steinbach, Deilman, Dockery, Scott?)

C - Melvin Fowler
The staff likes him, solid play, he's a lock.

RG - FA/Draft/Duke Preston
Chris V will be cut, the guy can't be relied upon. We'll pickup someone in FA or via the draft to compete for the job with Duke Preston.

RT - Terrance Pennington
Brad Butler could push for the job but Terrance played well last year and should improve.

The Defense
DE - Aaron Schobel
Finally got his pro bowl.

NT - John McCargo
He'll take over the NT job in our defense this year, he's our every down DT and will hopefully emerge as a good pass rusher and run stuffer.

UT - Larry Triplett
Hopefully we'll see improved production from this guy, he was mediocre last year. We should expect more.

DE - Anthony Hargrove/Ryan Denney
We wont retain Kelsay, he'll hit the FA market. Hargrove and Denney will replace him, don't expect a fall off in production as Kelsay was just mediocre. Hargrove could be better.

SLB - FA/Keith Ellison
I'm beginning to agree with people thinking Takeo will be a cut. Ellison filled in a few times at SLB and played well, I trust him there and feel he could start next year but I'd much rather pickup a FA to man this spot. Here's to hoping Dick Jauron can bring in SLB Boss Bailey from the Lions.

MLB - Angelo Crowell
With London departing in FA, I think the staff will move Crowell inside since he'll be the leader of our LBs next year. It's a new era and our "new veteran" will man the middle and make the calls. Angelo's a good fit here.

WLB - Draft
Lawrence Timmons round 1 or Beason/Siler/Everett round 2.

FS - Ko Simpson
Good play last year, should improve with expirience and more knowledge of the system.

CB - Terrence McGee
Outperformed Nate Clements at times last year but didn't as a whole

CB - Ashton Youboty/FA
If the staff dosen't feel Ashton will be ready at the beginning, we'll go after and land Nick Harper who is a bonified starter but up there in age to hold the fort down. If the staff feels Ashtons alright, I still think we'll sign a guy like Rod Hood to push him.

SS - Donte Whitner
He's a baller. Expect a big step up from him next year, he had a solid rookie year but I expect more gamebreaking plays from this guy. Expirience and knowledge of the system will benefit him.

Last Prediction: 2nd place AFCE, Playoffs!

SuperMcGee
02-20-2007, 02:51 PM
Finally some non-love for Carriker. But I disagree that we would take Brown.

losabio
02-20-2007, 03:10 PM
Good stuff, i think it looks good. I think they could still use a 2nd WR, thats why i wouldnt mind seeing one being picked up inthe offseason via draft or FA. THe OL could be set with a couple additions. I like Ryan Lilja playing guard, he is a FA and apparently Marv will be after him. I Mccargo and Tripplet inside, but if Tripplet were to falter-again- then you have Kyle Williams next in line. I like Hargrove at DE, I think he could be as solid as Kelsay if not more so. I think one or two LB additions through FA should be good, also drafting a LB would fit thier needs. I would also like to see Nick Harper come to Buffalo, I think he would step in and gdo a good job since he did a nice one in Indy's cover 2. Should be good. One addtion i would love to see would Addalius Thomas to Buffalo. They have the money to spend, its just a matter of if they want to give it to him.

Space Ghost
02-20-2007, 04:12 PM
Finally some non-love for Carriker. But I disagree that we would take Brown.

I don't like him either. He would be a UT in our defense and would be a waste of a selection. The only defensive ends I want are:
Gaines Adams (trade up)
Jamaal Anderson
Charles Johnson (trade down [or up from second if he falls])

After that we aren't going to find anyone who will be much of an improvement over a combo of Hargrove/Denney/Kelsay if he resigns. Maybe Brian Robinson on day two or Justin Hickman in round six if he lasts that long.

Space Ghost
02-20-2007, 04:59 PM
I was looking at some later round guys that I like and that could develop and fill needs for us and here is what I got.

I'm thinking about our guard situation still. A guy who was thought of as a first round talent by several before the season who has really fallen off the face of the earth is Kyle Young. I know he got kicked off the team due to academic reasons, and he wasn't playing too well this year before that, but he is talented and if his stock got hurt as much as I think it did, he could be around in the middle of day two and I think he is a guy that we could take a long look at if he were available in the second half of the fifth round to trade up a little and hope we can grab him. I don't think he could step in right away at right guard, but he definitely has what it takes, he just needs to put it all together.

Another guy who I wouldn't mind seeing on our roster next season is Justin Vincent of L.S.U. He might never be more than a backup, but I think he can be an excellent number two back for us. He isn't a threat out of the backfield, but I like his frame as a pass blocker. He is more of a straight ahead runner and can just pound it inside. He was a 5 star recruit coming out of high school but has never shouldered the full load. His best season was as a freshman when he was given the most opportunities. He had his worst season this year as a senior but he isn't the kind of back who succeeds with 4 carries a game, he will succeed if he is in every few series for several plays. He also steps up in the clutch, he even had his best game of the season against Notre Dame with 71 yards on 12 carries.

Rory Johnson is a linebacker that I wouldn't mind to see as a Bills in Training Camp. He came out early and I think that was a mistake, but if he lasts until the sixth round or seventh like I think he will he could be a blessing in disguise. He is an incredible athlete and could play either WLB or SLB for us. He had a huge year this year for Mississippi recording 94 tackles, 84 of which came in his 7 starts, imagine what those numbers would be stretched over a full 12 games. He is still incredibly raw though because he played 2 years in Junior College and only one in D-IA which is why I think he made a mistake by coming out early. If we got him in the sixth or seventh round I would be ecstatic, I would definitely get him a lot of pre-season action and then if he plays as well as I think he can be a primary back up for now and if he doesn't play that well get him on the practice squad.

Just three guys I really like who could be really good day two selections.

pysseddoph
02-20-2007, 07:32 PM
just wondering how many people have actually thought the bills situation through as far as nate goes. how many people here do understand that in the event that we keep nate ... he would remain the starter BUT over on the other side mcgee would be in a fight to keep his job vs yobouty. imo that is what marv was really referring to. remember mcgee got benched for substandard play during a game. even prior to that game, whenever the bills went to their nickle package, mcgee slid inside to play nickle and thomas became the other outside db.

what i am saying is, i find it interesting that many people just have not even addressed this issue. i hear all the time how you dont need a cornerback with nate's ability in the cover 2 but as bills fans we have seen 1st hand what the result is when someone of lessor ability is picked on. they become a liability just like mcgee. mcgee is a great nickle back BUT as a starting corner he needs that constant safety help over the top and regardless if we run the cover 2 as our base or not WE ARE NOT ALWAYS IN A COVER 2. the bills played their fair amount of cover 3 as well as a fair amount of 44 after the break. the coer 2 may be our base but it is not the only scheme we will run. we let nate go and we have 2 big question marks instead of a small one because with nate gone the pressure is more on yobouty to step up along with who ever else the bills bring in. with nate here the pressure isnt as much because you could split time with yobouty and mcgee and the other corner spot til yobouty eventually takes it because mcgee is a great nickle back at best.

DollarBill3181
02-20-2007, 09:27 PM

The Offense

The Defense

SLB - FA/Keith Ellison
I'm beginning to agree with people thinking Takeo will be a cut. Ellison filled in a few times at SLB and played well, I trust him there and feel he could start next year but I'd much rather pickup a FA to man this spot. Here's to hoping Dick Jauron can bring in SLB Boss Bailey from the Lions.

MLB - Angelo Crowell
With London departing in FA, I think the staff will move Crowell inside since he'll be the leader of our LBs next year. It's a new era and our "new veteran" will man the middle and make the calls. Angelo's a good fit here.

WLB - Draft

i LOVE everything else (thats why i deleted it - just to note) - but a WR has to be gotten in the draft in rd1-3 somewhere. A FA naw, cause the money isnt worth it for Bennett, Stallworth, or Curtis. But rd1-3, somewhere grab a guy (Jarrett, Bowe rd1, or Rice, Meachum rd2 possib)....someone.

LB - Keep TKO, no reson to cut him, good guy, no need to clear cap room either, it takes over a year to FULLY come back anyway, so no worries there. But still another LB is necessary, while Ellison is a GREAT fill (with C.Wire as well at OLB, his originol position outta Stanford) Ellison isnt yet starting material.

CB - totally agree, getta vet to rotate 3, maybe even a rd4 guy too, to be a ncie 4th for us.

Overall tho, i like it alot, and eff 2nd place, why not first, NE isnt too scary if you REALLY look at 'em.
Nice job.

DWhitner20
02-20-2007, 10:37 PM
Overall tho, i like it alot, and eff 2nd place, why not first, NE isnt too scary if you REALLY look at 'em.
Nice job.

But we have yet to beat them with Losman, we'll see. I think next years the year and we'll at least split with them. And definetly, F 2nd, I'm all for taking 1st away from them clam chowda bastads. :lol:

DCBills
02-20-2007, 10:55 PM
forget Boss Baily - he's a guy I was really intrigued by when he was drafted because of his speed but the guy has just been a major dissapointment, not aggressive - which seems to run counter to Marv's indications of what they are looking for, and often injured. I loved him in Madden though.

losabio
02-20-2007, 11:43 PM
ya i wouldnt want to see Boss Bailey come to Buffalo. Im not sure who i rather see come....i can honestly say Adalius Thomas would be nice.

Leon Sandcastle
02-21-2007, 10:17 AM
DWhitner20 are you FLABILLSFAN on the BB message board?

DWhitner20
02-21-2007, 11:33 AM
Yep.

BamaFalcon59
02-22-2007, 08:49 AM

The Offense

TE - Robert Royal
We'll see him get involved more in the passing game.

LG - FA/Draft
Most likley FA pickup to start here.(Steinbach, Deilman, Dockery, Scott?)

The Defense

DE - Anthony Hargrove/Ryan Denney
We wont retain Kelsay, he'll hit the FA market. Hargrove and Denney will replace him, don't expect a fall off in production as Kelsay was just mediocre. Hargrove could be better.

SLB - FA/Keith Ellison

MLB - Angelo Crowell

WLB - Draft

I liked the team, but i think there is a possibilty that london fletchers departure will be a non factor. Was Fletchers stats padded because the d line was so bad, or is he really that good? A healthy McCargo can relieve the pressure of the linebackers. Also Takeo at 80% is still as good as many linebackers and he is a leader on the defense. If someone is available that is better than Triplet or another DE that can disrupt the QB then that is a good pick. They would have to be ready to play on day one though. Otherwise I see the defense being better against the run this year without drafting a LB in the 12th spot. Just not great.

I see only one "impact" player worth staying at number 12 for and that is Dwayne Jarrett. He is all over the first round depending on the mock you look at but it would fill a need, and he could change the whole look for the passing game, and make the offense look better. It is time that bills stopped looking to the special teams and defense to help win games. You need an offense too.
Other than that a trade down makes sense. Depending on what happens at the combine and who is left on the boards, going to the 20th to the 30th spot gives the bills a shot at a good WR, LB, OL, TE or FB that can catch. A good TE , WR, or FB, can start for the team, making them a "value " player. Regaurdless of what Levy says, these postions are needs and he maybe just blowing smoke beore the draft.
And, I think Gandy will be resigned.

My big board
Dwane Jarrett / Dwayne Bowe/ Sidney Rice
Jarvis Moss
Zach Miller or Greg Olsen
Le'Ron Mclain
Manuel Ramirez
Tanard Jackson

GSOT
02-22-2007, 11:16 AM
Few questions on Chris Kelsay:

From his stats he is looks solid. Was he a starter this year? LDE or RDE?

Also how is he against the run?

And in general what do you think of him?

D-Unit
02-22-2007, 01:42 PM
I heard Hawaii's coach June Jones on the radio yesterday... He said the Bills called him to ask about DE Mel Purcell. Just thought I'd let ya'll know.

Purcell plays viciously and was way more productive than Alama-Francis, but I guess doesn't have the same NFL measurables. Still hella good and plenty big enough to play as a 4-3 DE. If you get him, props to your staff.

art vandelay
02-22-2007, 03:39 PM
Few questions on Chris Kelsay:

From his stats he is looks solid. Was he a starter this year? LDE or RDE?

Also how is he against the run?

And in general what do you think of him?

He rotated with Ryan Denney at the LDE. Him and Denney basically combined to form 1 DE, notching 11.5 sacks combined. He was definitely a liability in my mind against the run, much more so then Denney. I don't like Kelsay that much - he was a 2nd round pick and never lived up to that selection. He would be a nice rotation guy for cheap but he will make more money than he is worth in FA.

art vandelay
02-22-2007, 03:41 PM
I heard Hawaii's coach June Jones on the radio yesterday... He said the Bills called him to ask about DE Mel Purcell. Just thought I'd let ya'll know.

Purcell plays viciously and was way more productive than Alama-Francis, but I guess doesn't have the same NFL measurables. Still hella good and plenty big enough to play as a 4-3 DE. If you get him, props to your staff.

Thanks for the info, D, I'll have to do some research on him.

The scouting that we have done on DE lead me to believe that Kelsay will not be back next year. We will definitely re-sign RFA Hargrove (probably low tender) because we gave up a 5th rounder for him and if we don't we basically used a 5th rounder on half of a season of play. I think the writing has been on the wall for Kelsay since midseason.

art vandelay
02-22-2007, 04:00 PM
2 Quick Mocks

I am assuming that Fletcher is gone in both because he will be in real life.

1st Scenario - If Clements Stays...
#12) OLB Lawrence Timmons (FSU)

2nd Round) Trade down and acquire an extra 3rd. Pick: OG Ben Grubbs (Auburn)/Manuel Ramirez (Texas Tech)

1st 3rd Round) DT Brandon Mebane (California)

2nd 3rd Round) RB Ahmad Bradshaw (Marshall)

4th Round) WR Mike Walker (Central Florida)

6th Round) CB Ramzee Robinson (Alabama)

7th Round) FB Le'Ron McClain (Alabama)/Jason Snelling (Virginia)/Cory Anderson (Virginia)

2nd Scenario - If Clements Goes...
#12) CB Darrelle Revis (Pittsburgh)

2nd Round) Trade down and acquire an extra 3rd. Pick: OLB Jon Beason (Miami)/Brandon Siler (Florida)/Rufus Alexander (Oklahoma)/Earl Everett (Florida)

1st 3rd Round) WR Jason Hill (Washington State)

4th Round) OG Kurt Quarterman (Louisville)

6th Round) DT Walter Thomas (Northwest Mississippi CC)

7th Round) FB Le'Ron McClain (Alabama)/Jason Snelling (Virginia)/Cory Anderson (Virginia)

losabio
02-22-2007, 04:30 PM
2 Quick Mocks

2nd Round) Trade down and acquire an extra 3rd. Pick: OG Ben Grubbs (Auburn)/Manuel Ramirez (Texas Tech)

2nd Round) Trade down and acquire an extra 3rd. Pick: OLB Jon Beason (Miami)/Brandon Siler (Florida)/Rufus Alexander (Oklahoma)/Earl Everett (Florida)

I disagree with whta you say if clements goes. Marv Levy has already said that he wants to draft an impact player, someone who can help make an impact instantly. Revis wont be ready for a few years. they may pick up a CB later on in the draft, but they should see this one out through FA. For the most part, Id rather see Jon Cornish come to Buffalo as opposed to Ahmad Bradshaw. Cornish has the speed, hands, blocking ability, and power to be great. I really like him. In the first if i were the Bills i would probably take Lawrence Timmons or Patrick Willis, possibly going with a WR in Jarret or Bowe, maybe Meachem (he will be a reach tho at this pick). Those are prettty much the option they have. I would say Adrian Peterson if he were to fall (i doubt it).

DBeebe82
02-22-2007, 06:13 PM
2 Quick Mocks

Dont mind the first mock at all though i personally would rather take Patrick Willis which may open up the possibility to trade down into late round one and still make the best choice for our team while also adding a second or third round pick. If Willis's value continues to stay right around the end of round one no doubt i believe that would be the best option for our franchise to pursue.

Dont care for the second mock at all as i would much rather take leon hall over revis as imo he is the much better all-around corner. Unless you predict hall is gone by 12 i would rather select a linebacker or a wideout. Wouldnt mind the second round selection of beason and jason hill as our thrid round pick. Oh and there is no way in hell Le'ron mcclain will be there in the 7th round, i only see his stock rising in the combine and imo will be a 4th to 5th round selection, afterall he is the best actual fullback in the draft other than leonard, who is more of a runningback or h-back in nfl systems.

art vandelay
02-22-2007, 08:04 PM
2 Quick Mocks

I disagree with whta you say if clements goes. Marv Levy has already said that he wants to draft an impact player, someone who can help make an impact instantly. Revis wont be ready for a few years. they may pick up a CB later on in the draft, but they should see this one out through FA. For the most part, Id rather see Jon Cornish come to Buffalo as opposed to Ahmad Bradshaw. Cornish has the speed, hands, blocking ability, and power to be great. I really like him. In the first if i were the Bills i would probably take Lawrence Timmons or Patrick Willis, possibly going with a WR in Jarret or Bowe, maybe Meachem (he will be a reach tho at this pick). Those are prettty much the option they have. I would say Adrian Peterson if he were to fall (i doubt it).

Revis could come in and start right away. He's a stud and a very similar player to Nate Clements. Bradshaw is a much better prospect than Cornish, IMO.

art vandelay
02-22-2007, 08:07 PM
2 Quick Mocks

Dont mind the first mock at all though i personally would rather take Patrick Willis which may open up the possibility to trade down into late round one and still make the best choice for our team while also adding a second or third round pick. If Willis's value continues to stay right around the end of round one no doubt i believe that would be the best option for our franchise to pursue.

Dont care for the second mock at all as i would much rather take leon hall over revis as imo he is the much better all-around corner. Unless you predict hall is gone by 12 i would rather select a linebacker or a wideout. Wouldnt mind the second round selection of beason and jason hill as our thrid round pick. Oh and there is no way in hell Le'ron mcclain will be there in the 7th round, i only see his stock rising in the combine and imo will be a 4th to 5th round selection, afterall he is the best actual fullback in the draft other than leonard, who is more of a runningback or h-back in nfl systems.

Timmons over Willis all day for me.
I'm very skeptical of Hall and I think Revis is the better pro prospect.
People's draft position is never obvious, but I put the slashes there because I expect McClain will be gone. He could be there but it is probably a slim possibility.

art vandelay
02-22-2007, 08:10 PM
I am a Syracuse fan and I have seen Darrelle Revis shut down our WR's so I obviously like him as a CB.

For those who haven't seen him play, read Scott's Scouting Report (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/cb/darrellerevis.html) on him and tell me he doesn't sound just like Nate Clements.

DollarBill3181
02-22-2007, 08:18 PM
2 Quick Mocks

Revis could come in and start right away. He's a stud and a very similar player to Nate Clements. Bradshaw is a much better prospect than Cornish, IMO.

but theres no need to "break the bank" for a cover2 CB.
im nto saying put anyone in there, but a rotation of a vet FA, youbouty, and mcgee would be fine.
Nick Harper is a guy mentioned whod fit nice.

Willis is too high @12 its looking, but trading down for him would be cool. (But look we took Whitner 8, so w/e, id still be happy for sure with P-Will)

art vandelay
02-22-2007, 08:32 PM
2 Quick Mocks

im nto saying put anyone in there, but a rotation of a vet FA, youbouty, and mcgee would be fine.

Willis is too high @12 its looking, but trading down for him would be cool. (But look we took Whitner 8, so w/e, id still be happy for sure with P-Will)

I think it's clear that we want to build a great secondary and there is obviously no guarantee that we could get Harper. Obviously this mock could/will change after FA depending on if we re-sign Clements and if we sign anyone else.

DBeebe82
02-22-2007, 09:44 PM
I am a Syracuse fan and I have seen Darrelle Revis shut down our WR's so I obviously like him as a CB.

For those who haven't seen him play, read Scott's Scouting Report (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/cb/darrellerevis.html) on him and tell me he doesn't sound just like Nate Clements.

Im also a huge Syracuse fan (more basketball than anything) but i have to poke fun at that comment because shutting down Cuse's offense is nothing heroic lol, they improved last year but the year before there were absolutly horrible.

Do you think we could trade down and still pick Revis up in the 20ish range. Im sure one "elite" corner could drop to that position whether it be revis or hall.

losabio
02-22-2007, 10:23 PM
the bills shouldnt even think about taking a CB first round. I dont care if it is Revis, Hall or Rogers, they are not ready to step in a start. They cannot cover a #1 WR, and even though they dont need a stud at CB in a cover 2, they still need a good one to help Witner out. I really like Nick Narper and think he could fit in well.

Willis may be a reach at 12, but i think it would be good, they could trade down a few spots and pick up some picks, but Timmons would also help. I think the Bills are ready to take a WR, RB or LB at this pick. Like I already states, Marv said he wants to draft a player who can make an impact come week 1. WR, LB and RB will be able to help out immediately.

KJ4140
02-22-2007, 10:58 PM
Good point, but who's Rogers?

art vandelay
02-23-2007, 08:07 AM
I know that this isn't Bills related, but did anyone else see the Sabres and Senators brawl?

DBeebe82
02-23-2007, 10:07 AM
I know that this isn't Bills related, but did anyone else see the Sabres and Senators brawl?

A few of my friends went to it and got box seats. I watched it on tv. One of friends knows Kaleta real well and we watched to see how his first big league game went. I think he got a little more physical than he thought he would get lol. Ive never seen a fight like that when the two goalies eventually duke it out.

Sabres did the right thing though, have to stick up for your co-captain after a late hit like that.

losabio
02-23-2007, 10:11 AM
ya man Rogers is Aaron Rogers from Texas.

I saw the brawl at the sabres, I was there. Andrew PEters will get suspended for sure, he cant come into a fight like that. But as much as i like Biron, he got handled by Emery. And let me tell you guys something funny, when i went home and watched the highlights of the game, Ray Emery was laughing when he faught Biron the whole time, and still was laughing as Peters was poundind gim in the face. lol. it was jokes to see.

DWhitner20
02-23-2007, 10:15 AM
That would be Aaron Ross.

losabio
02-23-2007, 10:15 AM
ya my bad, i was just about to change that, thanks.

Leon Sandcastle
02-23-2007, 12:23 PM
Some inside info for you guys.

Houston and Baltimore are trying to acquire Willis McGahee with thier 2nd round picks.

T.J. Duckett to Buffalo has a great chance of happening.

DWhitner20
02-23-2007, 01:02 PM

Houston and Baltimore are trying to acquire Willis McGahee with thier 2nd round picks.

That would be awesome, to get a 2nd as early as Houstons.

Addict
02-23-2007, 01:14 PM

Let's not forget that McGahee's gone in that scenario.

DWhitner20
02-23-2007, 01:55 PM
ya man Rogers is Aaron Rogers from Texas.

I saw the brawl at the sabres, I was there. Andrew PEters will get suspended for sure, he cant come into a fight like that. But as much as i like Biron, he got handled by Emery. And let me tell you guys something funny, when i went home and watched the highlights of the game, Ray Emery was laughing when he faught Biron the whole time, and still was laughing as Peters was poundind gim in the face. lol. it was jokes to see.

If anyone didn't see the brawl here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAPhqXj_24I

KJ4140
02-23-2007, 02:41 PM

T.J. Duckett to Buffalo has a great chance of happening.

What's your source? I'd definitely pull the trigger on a McGahee to Houston for the #39 pick.

losabio
02-23-2007, 03:24 PM
ya i want to see a source here as well. i think i would trade it to houston too. if that deal were to happen i would take marshawn lynch at 12 unless peterson fell, then fill up with a LB in the 2nd.

essential
02-23-2007, 05:06 PM

Let's not forget that McGahee's gone in that scenario.

if the browns don't take AP at #3, you trade mcgahee that second to the texans, then they would not take him at #8, and we get AP at #12 and the #39 pick.

i would be very happy. :D

losabio
02-23-2007, 10:05 PM
i love it....i would pull the trigger immediatley, but i still want to see a source.

Leon Sandcastle
02-24-2007, 12:24 AM
My source is an insider on another site.

What I really like is the idea of bringing T.J. Duckett over here and then draft the all purpose back like Jackson, Booker, Walker to compliment Duckett.

Iamcanadian
02-24-2007, 09:19 AM
Just remember, this is a weak draft year, a 2nd rounder is more like a 3rd rounder which can easily turnout to be a flop.

Rob S
02-24-2007, 09:45 AM
Just remember, this is a weak draft year, a 2nd rounder is more like a 3rd rounder which can easily turnout to be a flop.

how do you figure this is a weak draft year? It is actually quite good.

drmoyer421
02-24-2007, 12:42 PM
You have probably heard..

But NFL Sirius radio, as well as Chris Brown the reporter for the Bills have said that Rees the GM for the Giants in his combine press conference has mentioned that the Giants have had talks to the Bills about aquiring Willis McGahee

drmoyer421
02-24-2007, 12:43 PM
You have probably heard..

But NFL Sirius radio, as well as Chris Brown the reporter for the Bills have said that Rees the GM for the Giants in his combine press conference has mentioned that the Giants have had talks to the Bills about aquiring Willis McGahee

DWhitner20
02-24-2007, 04:44 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2778174

Bills put McGahee on trading block, Giants interested
With Barber gone, Giants show interest in McGahee
By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

INDIANAPOLIS -- The Buffalo Bills are using part of their time here at the NFL scouting combine this weekend to apprise teams that starting tailback Willis McGahee is available via trade, and it appears they have attracted the interest of at least one potential suitor.

Jerry Reese, the first-year general manager of the New York Giants, acknowledged Saturday morning that his team has some interest in McGahee, a four-year veteran who has twice posted 1,000-yard seasons.

"There is some talk about Willis out there," Reese said. "We'll investigate Willis. We'll investigate everybody out there with trade talks. We'll leave no stones unturned."

The Giants are seeking to bolster a tailback depth chart thinned by the retirement of star Tiki Barber, and where two-year veteran Brandon Jacobs is now the nominal starter. The Giants feel Jacobs has a strong upside, but Barber's former backup has logged just 134 carries in two seasons.

Jacobs carried 96 times for 423 yards in 2006, but he posted double-digit rushing attempts in only three games and will have to demonstrate in camp that he is able to assume the workhorse load that Barber once shouldered. The ideal situation, Reese allowed, would be for Jacobs to win the starting job and for the team to have a complementary back, maybe a veteran, on hand as well.

"We're looking for Brandon to probably carry the ball 20 times and for another running back [to carry] 15 times," Reese said. "[Jacobs] will carry the maximum amount of the load for us, I'm assuming, if everything goes like we expect it to."

In truth, though, McGahee is a more accomplished back than Jacobs, and he certainly would compete hard for the No. 1 job if the Giants acquired him. It is not believed that there have been any substantive trade discussions yet between the Giants and the Bills. But officials from other teams confirmed that the Bills are actively pursuing trade partners for McGahee, the team's first-round choice in the 2003 draft.

Buffalo officials seem to have soured on McGahee, who has not asked to be traded, but who is entering the final year of his contract in 2007. McGahee could depart as a free agent after the 2007 season and the Bills, wary of the possibility he could exit with them getting nothing in return, have taken a active stance in trying to find him a new home.

It is not known if any other teams have indicated an interest in McGahee. The former University of Miami standout has appeared in 46 games, including 40 starts, and carried 868 times for 3,365 yards and 24 touchdowns.

McGahee, 25, missed his entire rookie campaign as he recovered from the catastrophic knee injury that ended his college career, then rushed for over 1,000 yards each in 2004 and 2005, before running for 990 yards last season.

In an unrelated move, the Giants reached agreement with two-year veteran linebacker Chase Blackburn on a four-year, $3.5 million contract. Blackburn is expected to vie for a starting job in the Giants' revamped linebacker corps in 2007.

Senior writer Len Pasquarelli covers the NFL for ESPN.com.

drmoyer421
02-24-2007, 08:22 PM
ProFootballTalk.com reports

POSTED 6:00 p.m. EST, February 24, 2007

BEARS QUIETLY SHOPPING BRIGGS

Although teams technically aren't allowed to use the franchise tag solely as a means to obtain trade value for a player who is eligible for unrestricted free agency, there's growing talk/speculation in league circles that the Chicago Bears don't plan to keep linebacker Lance Briggs, and that they applied the franchise to him for the sole purpose of facilitating a trade.

Per a league source, the Bears have talked with several teams about a trade for Briggs. The veteran outside linebacker, who has become a star in the Tampa Two defense, technically will not be under contract until he signs the one-year tender offer that the team has extended to him.

This means that Briggs can skip the entire offseason, training camp, and the preseason before reporting, while still receiving the full amount of the $7.2 million that will be guaranteed as soon as he signs it.

I would EASILY give up the #12 pick for Briggs! Most of us want Willis, Timmons, or Poz with the first round pick.. this kid is a young, PROVEN, Pro-bowl version of what we want these young draftees to be!!

Levy was one of the first during his commentating days in Chicago to say that Briggs was an allstar in the making. He was also drafted by Jauron and enjoyed playing for him! He is a playmaker, and will give the Bills a face and a attitude for thier defense for the next 7 years or so!

Plus if you can get a 2nd for McGahee, they will have two seconds. So you could still have a great draft

DollarBill3181
02-24-2007, 08:45 PM
2 Quick Mocks

I think it's clear that we want to build a great secondary and there is obviously no guarantee that we could get Harper. Obviously this mock could/will change after FA depending on if we re-sign Clements and if we sign anyone else.

see, idk if its that obvious. obv we dont want a crap one lol, but what i assume you mean by great secondary is that we need to get top guys there, which is a rd1 guy or a "break the bank" FA (pretty much just Clements and a couple others i guess).

while there is no guarantee we'd get harper, im simply using him as an example, he'd be a nice one tho too obv. there are alotta applicable FAs we can get to fill the position which is what i more than assume we'll do, but ya never know till ya know, and itll be an intersting offseason for sure (esp. with this "cash to the cap" lol).

drmoyer421
02-24-2007, 09:08 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-combinenotes022407&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

McGahee didn’t spend any time in Buffalo last offseason learning the new playbook under coach Dick Jauron. The Bills are expecting more of the same this offseason.

"Willis literally didn't know what to do on the plays," a source said. "After the play was called, we'd have another coach signaling to Willis what to do because he didn't know. He'd miss blocks (in pass protection) a few times, not because he was beat, but because he didn't know what he was doing.

"He just doesn't study … His teammates noticed it and it affected how they viewed him in the locker room."

KJ4140
02-24-2007, 11:06 PM
If the Bills trade McGahee, would anyone be against drafting Marshawn Lynch at #12? Assuming Peterson doesn't fall to #12...

We could get a RB round one, LB and CB/WR round two, and a lineman round three (offensive or defensive).

DWhitner20
02-24-2007, 11:19 PM
I would love to draft Marshawn Lynch.

BuffaloDraftGeek
02-24-2007, 11:24 PM
I'm not interested in going RB in round one. The draft has shown in recent history you can get a RB in the later first day rounds that can be productive. I'd rather go DL or LB in round 1, and go after a RB in rounds 2 or 3, along the lines of Bush, Booker, or Walker.

DBeebe82
02-25-2007, 01:12 AM
I agree with BuffaloDraftGeek, if AD doesnt slip to number twelve i would prefer to go corner or linebacker in round one and shore up the runningback situation in round two or three. Not the biggest fan of marshawn lynch though no doubt he is an amazing back, not too sure about the bills drafting him regardless though as he is rumored to have character issues and rumored to possibly slip though i cant see the Packers not grabbing him if he falls down to them in the middle of round one.

If we wait and grab lorenzo booker in round 3/4 we would have to bring in a more physical back in fa so if we trade mcgahee i dont see booker as a viable option. I would love to either take kent irons in round 2 or michael bush may be the better option as before the season started he was slated in the first round and may slip into the third if his workouts are dismal. Just my 2cents...

SuperMcGee
02-25-2007, 01:27 AM
Lynch at 12 would be just great. I don't mind the Bush option either

DBeebe82
02-25-2007, 01:36 AM
Felt a little ignorant when defending bush and irons as i havent watched or read up too much on lynch as i have never looked at him as an option until now due to willis being put on the trading block.

Looked over some video of him and must say i love his breakaway speed and hardnose running. Only attributes that concern me is his durability as he has shared carries his whole career along with his attitude concerns. Less carries can always end up being better as he has ultimately takin less hits. Only question i have is how is he as a blocker?

fischbowl
02-25-2007, 10:47 AM
I'm back from South Florida.

I peed all over the Dolphins training facility for yall.

Can I get some updates please?

SuperMcGee
02-25-2007, 11:32 AM
Hill's time was pleasant for the likes of me and art. His value is up around 43. Gonzo is another guy that would fit in to our offense. I also wonder how much mock talk we'll see for Meachem in the 1st now. Damn 40 times putting so much thought into me.

sweetd20
02-25-2007, 03:24 PM
I called Buffalo shopping McGahee about two months ago because it just doesn't make sense for them to just lose him for nothing in return next year. If they can get an early 2nd rounder or even a late 1st rounder for him don't be surprised if they package that pick with their 1st and own 2nd rounder to try and get into the Peterson race.

drmoyer421
02-25-2007, 06:28 PM
I would love to see..

The Bills take a trade with a team for McGahee, possibly getting a second round pick. I would love for them to package a deal for Briggs with the first round pick and probably another like a 3rd.

Then the draft day would go like this..

Lance Briggs
2nd - Best CB - Houston/Hughes/etc.. someone to compete with McGee and Youboty for starting posistion
2nd - Michael Bush - I would like to see a veteran RB picked up even if its ATrain again to split carries like NE, Indy, and Jax did this year.
4th - Interior lineman like a Dan Mozes, some hard nosed kid who likes to get dirty and play his heart out
6th - taller WR to compete for playing time
7th - Melila “Mel” Purcell - DE - hawaii - The Bills were noted about talking to him this weekend. A productive edgerusher

losabio
02-25-2007, 07:18 PM
you guys are CRAZY....Marv Levy has already stated that the wants to draft a player in the first round who will be able to help IMMEADIATELY. A corner i will not be able to step in and cover a #1 guy week 1. Its just not gonna happen. A corner later on in the draft is very possible, however I just dont see them drafting a corner day one at least. They have much bigger needs, and they can adress their CB problem through FA. Whos to say the Bills wont resign Clements, they have the money to do so. If not Harper would be a nice fit. I like a LB in round 1, possibly Timmons maybe Willis or Pos. An olineman will not be taken in the first round, and If they do deal Willis McGahee, i would not be upset with Lynch at #12. I could also see a WR being taken if they were to trade down. Other than that the Bills only other choice would be a Dlineman. Those are the positions who could help out immediately.

DollarBill3181
02-25-2007, 09:48 PM
you guys are CRAZY....Marv Levy has already stated that the wants to draft a player in the first round who will be able to help IMMEADIATELY. A corner i will not be able to step in and cover a #1 guy week 1. Its just not gonna happen. A corner later on in the draft is very possible, however I just dont see them drafting a corner day one at least. They have much bigger needs, and they can adress their CB problem through FA. Whos to say the Bills wont resign Clements, they have the money to do so. If not Harper would be a nice fit. I like a LB in round 1, possibly Timmons maybe Willis or Pos. An olineman will not be taken in the first round, and If they do deal Willis McGahee, i would not be upset with Lynch at #12. I could also see a WR being taken if they were to trade down. Other than that the Bills only other choice would be a Dlineman. Those are the positions who could help out immediately.

I agree on teh CB thing, getta FA vet whos not too much that is familiar with the cover2 and isnt to shabby, im contenet with that guy, mcgee and youbouty as the top 3. (get a guy rd 4 or 5 too if ya want)

At 12 right now fo our needs, in no order (LB, WR, DT, OG, CB, RB) the guys that fit at 12 are...
A.Okoye, M.Lynch, L.Hall, and D.Revis
Eliminate Hall and Revis due to ym opinion on a rd1 CB in our system.
Eliminate Lynch cause Rd1 RB isnt our best option thsi offseason.
Leaving Okoye, I'm of the "signed Tripplett to decent money and took McCargo rd1 so why take a guy agin?" group, but Okoye is amazing and if thats what it takes, and we can STILL sure up other needs.........fine.

Otherwise we can STILL trade dwon and then you're talkin:
LB: Willis, Timmons, Beason, Posluszny, anda coupel others.
WR: Jarrett, Bowe, Rice, Meachum
OG: Blaylock, Grubbs
RB: Bush, Irons, Pittman

Leon Sandcastle
02-26-2007, 12:36 PM
Just so you guys know Jared Allen wants out of Kansas City. I'd certainly want him here in Buffalo at the right price.

DWhitner20
02-26-2007, 03:38 PM
Jared Allen would be a nice end to have opposite of Schobel, I wonder what they'd want in return for him.

KJ4140
02-26-2007, 04:12 PM
Don't need Allen, we've resigned Kelsay.

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4633

SuperMcGee
02-26-2007, 04:13 PM
We wouldn't have gotten Allen anyway. Good with Kelsay though. For once I'm assuming something in free agency and am fine with the 3 man LE rotation that we featured last year

Leon Sandcastle
02-26-2007, 04:23 PM
Okay just when we thought Kelsay was out the door we bring him back in. I don't know about you guys but I like our rotation of Schobel, Kelsay, Denney and Hargrove.

The past few weeks I was open to drafting a DE in the 1st round but with Kelsay back in the fold DE is no longer a need but a luxury.

Now if we can get Hargrove back in Buffalo our DE rotation would be set.

fischbowl
02-26-2007, 04:46 PM
Allen, since his arrest doesnt really follow the Marv-type player.

Vandelay, I love that second mock. I don't know why people bastardize me for saying Rufus Alexander is the perfect cover-2 LB.

SuperMcGee
02-26-2007, 04:49 PM
Allen, since his arrest doesnt really follow the Marv-type player.

Vandelay, I love that second mock. I don't know why people bastardize me for saying Rufus Alexander is the perfect cover-2 LB.

Who says that Rufus isn't good for the cover-2?

DBeebe82
02-26-2007, 05:13 PM
Dont have an article but just watched the nfl draft segment on espn describing whos stock may have rised and whos may have falled and they said Floridia State linebacker Lawrence Timmons did quite poorly as he measured in 2inches below his 6'3'' stated frame and ran a disappointing 4.6. espn then added he may have worked himself out of the first round, unless he greatly improves upon his results on his pro day.

If a linebacker is the choice in round one for now it may be down to just Patrick Willis.

marv levy's older brother
02-27-2007, 06:20 PM
Why would anyone give up a second round pick or McGahee.
His contract is up next season and will most likely need to be resolved.
He does not participate in team activities prior to preseason.
He does not play with any fire.
He is not smart off the field. (Penthouse interview and paternity lawsuits. I bet you Tom Brady will do the right thing.)
And I think you have him where you want him. Last year in his contract, so he needs to put up or be poor next year. Use him then loose him. The O line is better and if the bills draft a reciever first round that makes Losman and Evans better (there is your "Impact" player). This could make Willis a 1300 to 1400 yd back.
If they really want to trade him, I think they will get a 3rd round pick. If they are offered a 2nd it is a steal.

Billingsley26
02-27-2007, 11:17 PM
Why would anyone give up a second round pick or McGahee.
His contract is up next season and will most likely need to be resolved.
He does not participate in team activities prior to preseason.
He does not play with any fire.
He is not smart off the field. (Penthouse interview and paternity lawsuits. I bet you Tom Brady will do the right thing.)
And I think you have him where you want him. Last year in his contract, so he needs to put up or be poor next year. Use him then loose him. The O line is better and if the bills draft a reciever first round that makes Losman and Evans better (there is your "Impact" player). This could make Willis a 1300 to 1400 yd back.
If they really want to trade him, I think they will get a 3rd round pick. If they are offered a 2nd it is a steal.

you hit the nail on the head here. I agree 100% with you. If the Bills wanted to they could go after a back in the draft later on. I personally like Jon Cornish and he would be a2nd day pick and could be a sleeper. That is a possiblilty that is real. I think that MArv will make the right choice, and I really see him staying. Cuz if he really wants to pay for those 3 child care situation he better be producing next year, lol. BTW, i heard somewhere that Marv was asking for a 1st round pick for Mcgahee, could be wrong, but i thought thats what i heard.

DWhitner20
02-28-2007, 03:46 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=3336&section=N%20Latest%20News

Moulds got released, would you guys like to see him back? I sure would...

SuperMcGee
02-28-2007, 03:54 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=3336&section=N%20Latest%20News

Moulds got released, would you guys like to see him back? I sure would...

He had problems with Losman. Not sure if it would work out, or if its really the way to go at this point.

SuperMcGee
02-28-2007, 04:10 PM
We re-signed Shaud Williams, multi-year deal.
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4637
Didn't really do much in recent times, but he now seems to be the only RB we can count to be with the team next year

Also, from KFFL:

Bills | Team could target Scott in free agency
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 09:54:08 -0800
The Rochester Democrat and Chronicle reports the Buffalo Bills could target Chicago Bears (http://www.kffl.com/team/11/nfl) DT Ian Scott (http://www.kffl.com/player/6060/nfl) in free agency.

SuperMcGee
02-28-2007, 08:46 PM
Well we're not going to keep Shelton. Wonder if anything big will happen there (draft, big FA?). Probably not, but it'd be cool to have a weapon as well as a blocker out of that spot

DWhitner20
02-28-2007, 10:24 PM
Justin Griffith could be a good FA pickup to replace Shelton. Isn't Kyle Johnson from the Broncos going to be cut or a FA too? Interesting options... Maybe bringing Alan Ricard back, I thought he would beat out Shelton last year in camp but he was hurt so he's a posibility too... then theres the possibility of the draft or even going with Ceislak.

Anyone remember Flutie Flakes? I still got mines:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=125121461

SuperMcGee
02-28-2007, 10:46 PM
Flutie Flakes = life

rocco31fb
02-28-2007, 11:36 PM
I have my Flutie Flakes over this very desk. Anyone ever eat any?

SuperMcGee
03-01-2007, 12:52 PM
I have my Flutie Flakes over this very desk. Anyone ever eat any?

If I had more than one box I would've, but that wasn't the case so I never have.

Leon Sandcastle
03-01-2007, 01:57 PM
I'd like to pursuit Nick Harper, T.J. Duckett, Justin Griffith and maybe Cato June.

fischbowl
03-01-2007, 02:56 PM
I ate the cereal and kept the box.

It was a true orgasm in my mouth.

JoeMontainya
03-01-2007, 09:32 PM
What are your opinions on the play of Nate Clements? Im from Ohio and grew up watching him so I have my own opinion, but want to know yours.

03-02-2007, 08:19 AM
the stage is set for the return of Eric Moulds! No need to draft a wide reciever this year.

03-02-2007, 08:32 AM
When you think Drew Bledsoe is available, Travis Henry might be cut and available, The Bills already have Peerless Overpriced, and with the addition of Moulds it could be a very nostalgic year. 2002 seemed a more hopefull time for the team. After the resigning of Shaud Williams I feel kicked in the stomach. I can only assume the reasoning is that he is one of the best at not making a huge contribution, and if you where to bring in someone else it would take them time to learn the system.

WooWoo21
03-02-2007, 02:18 PM
When you think Drew Bledsoe is available, Travis Henry might be cut and available, The Bills already have Peerless Overpriced, and with the addition of Moulds it could be a very nostalgic year. 2002 seemed a more hopefull time for the team. After the resigning of Shaud Williams I feel kicked in the stomach. I can only assume the reasoning is that he is one of the best at not making a huge contribution, and if you where to bring in someone else it would take them time to learn the system.

My guess is they resigned Shaud to keep him contributing on special teams.

DBeebe82
03-02-2007, 02:23 PM
Chris Brown: The former Tennessee Titans running back has as many as three visits setup for next week, according to a well-placed source. Teams that have shown interest in possibly signing the former 1,000-yard rusher include the New York Jets, Oakland Raiders, Philadelphia Eagles, Houston Texans, Cleveland Browns, Buffalo Bills and Miami Dolphins.

Wouldnt mind him as a talented backup but if we unload mcgahee and he is our starter that would be rediculous. I really doubt we end up with him regardless though.

DollarBill3181
03-04-2007, 12:11 PM
the stage is set for the return of Eric Moulds! No need to draft a wide reciever this year.

just the opp, dont get an old bag-a-sand who left on bad terms with the current QB, get a young guy who can compliment Lee to spread the field.

03-04-2007, 03:58 PM
I was being sarcastic about Moulds, but who knows. I bet no ever would have guesed that Peerless would be back.
Now on a serious note, my reason not to drat Patrick Willis or a corner back in the first round.
They will not improve anyone elses play as much as a wide reciever or a defensive tackle will. If you take a player with your first pick he should be able to start day one and help other players reach their potential. Larry tripplet is not a long term solution. Amobi Okoye can play well against the run. If he was to start with McCargo and the two of them live up to thier potential then the run defense would be better. You should be stopping the run at the line not with your linebackers. You keep TKO, he is a warrior and you need one. Crowell moves inside draft some depth and you are set for opening day.
The other postion that would make an even bigger impact is wide reciever. Jarret is a taller possesion reciever. He would free up Lee evans and who ever else was trotted out there. Losman would benifit from another target, and McGahee would have it easier if there was a real passing threat to the bills offense.
Since the drat seems deeper in wide recievers than DT's I would go with a DT. Amobi Okoye is my pick for today.
New England 11-5
Bills 10-6
Jets 10-6
Miami 7-9

art vandelay
03-04-2007, 05:21 PM
Chris Brown: The former Tennessee Titans running back has as many as three visits setup for next week, according to a well-placed source. Teams that have shown interest in possibly signing the former 1,000-yard rusher include the New York Jets, Oakland Raiders, Philadelphia Eagles, Houston Texans, Cleveland Browns, Buffalo Bills and Miami Dolphins.

Wouldnt mind him as a talented backup but if we unload mcgahee and he is our starter that would be rediculous. I really doubt we end up with him regardless though.

According to our reporter Chris Brown on BuffaloBills.com, we are interested in the RB Chris Brown.

03-04-2007, 05:30 PM
Why get rid of one 1000 yd rusher just to sign another? I do not see the value.

SuperMcGee
03-04-2007, 05:33 PM
According to our reporter Chris Brown on BuffaloBills.com, we are interested in the RB Chris Brown.

Do you mean aren't interested?
Because this says that we're not interested in him:
http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=1064

art vandelay
03-04-2007, 05:48 PM
Do you mean aren't interested?
Because this says that we're not interested in him:
http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=1064

Yeah, sorry, I meant to write that we are NOT interested. That's been burned into my mind because it is his lastest blog in like 2 days.

Billingsley26
03-04-2007, 08:12 PM
I was being sarcastic about Moulds, but who knows. I bet no ever would have guesed that Peerless would be back.
Now on a serious note, my reason not to drat Patrick Willis or a corner back in the first round.
They will not improve anyone elses play as much as a wide reciever or a defensive tackle will. If you take a player with your first pick he should be able to start day one and help other players reach their potential. Larry tripplet is not a long term solution. Amobi Okoye can play well against the run. If he was to start with McCargo and the two of them live up to thier potential then the run defense would be better. You should be stopping the run at the line not with your linebackers. You keep TKO, he is a warrior and you need one. Crowell moves inside draft some depth and you are set for opening day.
The other postion that would make an even bigger impact is wide reciever. Jarret is a taller possesion reciever. He would free up Lee evans and who ever else was trotted out there. Losman would benifit from another target, and McGahee would have it easier if there was a real passing threat to the bills offense.
Since the drat seems deeper in wide recievers than DT's I would go with a DT. Amobi Okoye is my pick for today.
New England 11-5
Bills 10-6
Jets 10-6
Miami 7-9

that honestly makes alot of sense. I did not think of that, but resigning TKO would make sense if we took a DT in the first. Taking Okoye would be nice, actually really nice. I would like to see it, however i dont. If they do indeed get rid of Mcgahee, Marv had already said that he will get some RB's, and a very little chance through FA, so in the draft obviously. I could also see them taking a WR first round to help out Lee on the other side. Dont get me wrong id like to see Okoye come, but im not too sure, because what you said makes sense.

Rob S
03-04-2007, 08:34 PM
TKO doesnt even have to be resigned, just not released lol. I am really in favor of keeping him. People were writing Julian Peterson after he had a dissappointing year following his ACL tear, and now he is back to being one of the best LB in the game. Not saying that will be TKO's case, but we will sure look like fools if we cut a pro bowl LBer. I may be biased because TKO is one of my favorites, but I would be really upset if he is gone. As for Okoye, he is one of my favorite players in the draft. I just love him as a prospect and get that vibe that everyone gets once in a while about a prospect. It think he may struggle early in his career (he is TWENTY!), but I see him becoming a dominant force and I would be pumped if he was a Buffalo Bill.

jkb528
03-04-2007, 08:37 PM
Yea, Okoye seems like the best value at 12 of the players that would be able to make an immediate impact. If McCargo comes back 100%, adding Okoye to a rotation of McCargo, Tripplet, and Williams would drastically improve the run defense. I know that corner needs to be addressed, but I dont want to have to shell out round 1 cash for a cover-2 corner. I also dont think that any of the linebackers in this draft would be good value at 12, athlough we do need to acquire more depth at that position. WR is definately a position that could make a big difference, but unless Jarrett times under 4.6, I dont think he'll be good value at 12 either. Sidney Rice is definately a possibility in round 2, since his stock seems to be dropping. I dont think that Willis will be traded, so that allows us to wait until a later round to go after a runningback. I'm really hoping for LeRon McClain in the 4th round to replace Shelton. I think he is very similar to Lorenzo Neal or William Henderson, and would be a great addition to our run game.

03-05-2007, 08:36 AM
is there any cap space to sign anyone else?

Rob S
03-05-2007, 07:15 PM
is there any cap space to sign anyone else?

I am under the impression that we dont have much at all. Maybe enough for a few depth guys, but I think we are going to be out of luck when it comes to guys like Harper. Griffith, etc.

art vandelay
03-05-2007, 07:30 PM
Wow, really good for us that Thomas Jones got traded for a 2nd. Now we can demand that for Willis. If Jones got traded for a 3rd, I really think that we would have not been able to trade him.

EDIT - nevermind, he got traded with the Bears 2nd rounder for the Jets' 2nd rounder.

03-06-2007, 09:12 AM
it is encouraging but who is left willing to give up a second for a running back? IMO Willis is the best one left but who can afford him? Trade him and the 3rd rounder for the raven's first? IT would have to be a good pick because you are creating a hole in the offense.

art vandelay
03-06-2007, 09:33 AM
I'd prefer a 3rd and Willis for a 1st, but I don't see it happening. I think he will get a high 3rd/late 2nd.

DWhitner20
03-07-2007, 12:14 PM
Here's an interesting peice about Clements' deal:

FINAL YEAR OF CLEMENTS DEAL IS PHONY

Howard Balzer of the Sports Xchange explains that the eight-year, $80 million deal given by the 49ers to cornerback Nate Clements contains a phony final year, which automatically will be voided when a $10 million option bonus is paid to the player in 2008.

So either the option bonus won't be paid, and it'll be just a one-year deal -- or the option bonus will be paid, and the contract will be worth $64.02 million over seven years.

This is far different from a puffed up back end; it's a complete fabrication of the final year.

They could have picked any number for that final year. Instead of eight years, $80 million, the contract could have been eight years, $100 million. Or eight years, $800 million. Or eight years, infinity.

So why did they plop $15.98 million into the eighth year will disappear a year from now? It was, in our view, a favor to the agent, who'll now be able to trumpet to recruits the fact that he negotiated an "eight-year, $80 million" contract.

He didn't. It's seven years, $64.02 million. Still impressive, but not as catchy.

DollarBill3181
03-08-2007, 06:29 PM
Willis finally traded
(2007: 3rd and 7th, 2008: 3rd)
I'll DEF take it, yesssssssssssss

03-09-2007, 08:14 AM
I guess now we wait to see what happens to Spikes.

Rob S
03-09-2007, 10:03 AM
If we trade TKO, we are officially in rebuilding mode imo. We have already lost Fletch, Clements, and Willis. If we lose another vet, I think it becomes clear that we are looking to the future and not next year.

toonsterwu
03-09-2007, 12:04 PM
1. I don't really think you guys are in rebuilding mode ... at least, relative to last year. I think it's just a cleaning out process that was needed. Clements just wasn't worth the value that he got relative to what your team needs. Fletcher-Baker and Spikes are both declining, and the staff seems pretty high on Keith Ellison. McGahee wasn't that productive. Sure, they are losses, but I don't think it signals a rebuilding process relative to last year (now, the case can be made that they started the rebuilding process last year with the thorough overhaul of the defense, and they are continuing it this year ... but I don't think that the direction of the team this offseason is different from last year, if that's clear).

2. Name to watch out for: I completely had Dedrick Harrington off the radar, and then I perused the pro day results and saw his name, and remember how intrigued I was with him coming into the year. Very solid times (granted, it's turf, so the high 4.6/low 4.7 time is probably closer to mid-high 4.7's). He was a solid playmaker who is still learning the linebacking position, but flashes good all around athletic ability, strength, and quickness. Good size (close to 250) and plays the run well enough and is solid enough against the pass(former safety). Good size also, at 6'3". If you pass on LB early, taking someone like Harrington later on could be a nice move.

D-Unit
03-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Bills fans,
Please tell me Michael Smith from ESPN is an idiot for saying that the Bills were interested in Julius Jones and #22 for #12. Please. Thank you.

03-09-2007, 02:46 PM
I would take the #22 and a draft choice, not there spare running back. Another 2nd choice helps.

Rob S
03-09-2007, 03:22 PM
1. I don't really think you guys are in rebuilding mode ... at least, relative to last year. I think it's just a cleaning out process that was needed. Clements just wasn't worth the value that he got relative to what your team needs. Fletcher-Baker and Spikes are both declining, and the staff seems pretty high on Keith Ellison. McGahee wasn't that productive. Sure, they are losses, but I don't think it signals a rebuilding process relative to last year (now, the case can be made that they started the rebuilding process last year with the thorough overhaul of the defense, and they are continuing it this year ... but I don't think that the direction of the team this offseason is different from last year, if that's clear).

2. Name to watch out for: I completely had Dedrick Harrington off the radar, and then I perused the pro day results and saw his name, and remember how intrigued I was with him coming into the year. Very solid times (granted, it's turf, so the high 4.6/low 4.7 time is probably closer to mid-high 4.7's). He was a solid playmaker who is still learning the linebacking position, but flashes good all around athletic ability, strength, and quickness. Good size (close to 250) and plays the run well enough and is solid enough against the pass(former safety). Good size also, at 6'3". If you pass on LB early, taking someone like Harrington later on could be a nice move.

I dont know much about Harrington, I will check out some scouting reports.

toonsterwu
03-09-2007, 05:49 PM
Hey, curious about some perspective. I keep a day 1 mock on file that I make adjustments to constantly, and post-trade, I was trying to work out the Bills day 1. So far, I have the day 1 roughly looking like (no-trade)

1. Marshawn Lynch - Running back has to be at the top of the board ... even if a veteran is signed (and the remaining veterans have huge questions). Offers a back that has the all-around skills that Fairchild would probably prefer.

2. Quinn Pitcock - Look, I'm not a fan. I have to get that out of the way first. I think he's a slightly better version of Kyle Williams. That said, after the combine, he's likely locked up a top 2 round spot. Offers some versatility at both roles, although I don't think he'll be great at either. First comment is probably - what about LB? So far, at that point, Posluszny, Timmons, Beason, Willis, Siler have all come off.

3a. Justin Durant - Versatile LB could play inside or out in the scheme.

3b. Kenny Scott - Big corner could fit well in the scheme.

Just wondering what people thought on viability. The only issue is not going a WR in there, as I think a WR will be pursued. As I was adjusting the 3rd round, I was thinking LB/CB/WR. Tentatively, the 4th round pick as of now would likely go WR, possibly Rheema McKnight.

art vandelay
03-09-2007, 05:53 PM
Hey, curious about some perspective. I keep a day 1 mock on file that I make adjustments to constantly, and post-trade, I was trying to work out the Bills day 1. So far, I have the day 1 roughly looking like (no-trade)

1. Marshawn Lynch - Running back has to be at the top of the board ... even if a veteran is signed (and the remaining veterans have huge questions). Offers a back that has the all-around skills that Fairchild would probably prefer.

2. Quinn Pitcock - Look, I'm not a fan. I have to get that out of the way first. I think he's a slightly better version of Kyle Williams. That said, after the combine, he's likely locked up a top 2 round spot. Offers some versatility at both roles, although I don't think he'll be great at either. First comment is probably - what about LB? So far, at that point, Posluszny, Timmons, Beason, Willis, Siler have all come off.

3a. Justin Durant - Versatile LB could play inside or out in the scheme.

3b. Kenny Scott - Big corner could fit well in the scheme.

Just wondering what people thought on viability. The only issue is not going a WR in there, as I think a WR will be pursued. As I was adjusting the 3rd round, I was thinking LB/CB/WR. Tentatively, the 4th round pick as of now would likely go WR, possibly Rheema McKnight.

Lynch at #12 is perfect. I'd go with Waters in the 2nd there probably if those guys are all gone. Who is left at CB in round 2? I like Durant in the 3rd even if we take Waters in the 2nd. LB/CB/WR is perfect in the 3rd. In the 4th, I would love Laurent Robinson, much more so than McKnight.

toonsterwu
03-09-2007, 05:57 PM
Maybe I'm just tentative, but I still can't see Waters in the top 2 rounds. Until he works out, it's tough to put him up there, due to the injury. I could see a team perhaps chancing a 3rd on him right now, but until he works out (and I think it's in April), he's still a day 2 pick for me. Upside is undoubtedly there, but the injury leaves me tentative to slate him higher.

glazeduck
03-09-2007, 06:10 PM
I personally don't see Lynch offering good value in the 1st. Yeah he's good, but behind a good OL which we're beginning to have, Michael Bush, Kenny Irons, and 5 or 6 other guys could also be real good and had later (I think Bush is still a 3rd rounder unless he performs well at his his pro day). I feel we can get that guy, whoever he may be, w/ our 3rd rd. pick. I also don't think CB will be a 1st day pick, just based on how amazingly deep that position is this year.

As I see it, DT (Okoye), WR (could probably trade down some and still get Jarrett...worst case scenario is Rice or Bowe...def not bad), or possibly LB (Trade down a bit for Timmons, Willis, etc.) offer the best value at our pick based on the lack of depth at their position.

I've said it before, but if we can trade into the 20's and get another 2nd round pick or multiple other picks we should still have a chance to get a guy like Willis, Jarrett, heck, maybe even Lynch still...in the 20's and w/ more picks he'd be a much better value. Just my 2cents.

art vandelay
03-09-2007, 06:12 PM
I personally don't see Lynch offering good value in the 1st. Yeah he's good, but behind a good OL which we're beginning to have, Michael Bush, Kenny Irons, and 5 or 6 other guys could also be real good and had later (I think Bush is still a 3rd rounder unless he performs well at his his pro day). I feel we can get that guy, whoever he may be, w/ our 3rd rd. pick. I also don't think CB will be a 1st day pick, just based on how amazingly deep that position is this year.

As I see it, DT (Okoye), WR (could probably trade down some and still get Jarrett...worst case scenario is Rice or Bowe...def not bad), or possibly LB (Trade down a bit for Timmons, Willis, etc.) offer the best value at our pick based on the lack of depth at their position.

I've said it before, but if we can trade into the 20's and get another 2nd round pick or multiple other picks we should still have a chance to get a guy like Willis, Jarrett, heck, maybe even Lynch still...in the 20's and w/ more picks he'd be a much better value. Just my 2cents.

I just see the 2nd round guys being busts. Michael Bush may be my least favorite player in the entire draft. I definitely question Irons' pure power (not toughness). Hunt really doesn't do anything for me either...I see alot of McGahee last year in him. Lynch is a great player, IMO.

glazeduck
03-09-2007, 06:20 PM
First, let me say that Hunt is garbage, I'd be pissed if we used a compensatory 7th rd pick on him. I can tell you right now that I have better hands than him, without question, and i'm an overwieght 23 year old college student.

Second, if these guys were good enough to star in big college systems, then, at least in my opinion, they have the opportunity to succeed in the NFL. I think busts are the guys that don't work to get better/faster/stronger/smarter and the ones that go to systems that don't fit their style of play. I have complete faith in Marv and DJ to find the guy(s) that will work hard and succeed in our system. The fact is that every rookie has plenty to work on and improve upon, the guys that become great are the guys that do it.

As far as Bush goes, I don't really see what's not to like about him aside from the injury. He was a legit Heisman contender until that injury and I feel it was completely deserved, the kid is huge, athletic, strong, fast, and powerful (different than strong IMO), but more importantly than any of that is he's a leader, a good person, and a very hard worker. If we can get him w/ the 10th pick in the 3rd thats about as much of a no brainer as Calvin Johnson falling to us at 12 (w/ hopefully a much higher liklihood of happening).

And yes, Lynch IS a great player, but I feel alot of these other guys can be great players too. All I'm saying is that I'd like to see another need filled sooner if it can't be filled later, unlike CB and RB.

toonsterwu
03-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Well, I will say that in my rough mock, Okoye was off the board, and I just don't see them going with Branch. Since it was a no-trade, I was hesitant to make a reach unless the reach was the thing that made the most sense. And the LB's, IMO, are all still reaches there. That left Lynch or a WR, and I leaned Lynch as RB seems mroe significant of a need than WR.

Tis early, though.

And yeah, I could see CB getting pushed to the 4th round. I was contemplating Steve Smith there in the 3rd round. Yeah, I know, bigger receiver would be nice, but Smith would be a solid number 2 and has the quickness for the scheme.

art vandelay
03-09-2007, 06:35 PM
First, let me say that Hunt is garbage, I'd be pissed if we used a compensatory 7th rd pick on him. I can tell you right now that I have better hands than him, without question, and i'm an overwieght 23 year old college student.

Second, if these guys were good enough to star in big college systems, then, at least in my opinion, they have the opportunity to succeed in the NFL. I think busts are the guys that don't work to get better/faster/stronger/smarter and the ones that go to systems that don't fit their style of play. I have complete faith in Marv and DJ to find the guy(s) that will work hard and succeed in our system. The fact is that every rookie has plenty to work on and improve upon, the guys that become great are the guys that do it.

As far as Bush goes, I don't really see what's not to like about him aside from the injury. He was a legit Heisman contender until that injury and I feel it was completely deserved, the kid is huge, athletic, strong, fast, and powerful (different than strong IMO), but more importantly than any of that is he's a leader, a good person, and a very hard worker. If we can get him w/ the 10th pick in the 3rd thats about as much of a no brainer as Calvin Johnson falling to us at 12 (w/ hopefully a much higher liklihood of happening).

And yes, Lynch IS a great player, but I feel alot of these other guys can be great players too. All I'm saying is that I'd like to see another need filled sooner if it can't be filled later, unlike CB and RB.

Have you seen Bush's running style? He thinks he's a speed back. He might as well be 190 lbs., because he doesn't use any of his 250 lbs. in his "powerful" running style. The fact is though that he doesn't have really good speed. He has nimble feet but he needs to run with power if he's going to make it in the NFL.

art vandelay
03-09-2007, 06:50 PM
http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1144/384996.wmv

Please explain to me why he runs like he is 190 lbs. and bounces as many runs to the outside as he can. He runs with a terrible pad level and doesn't dish out any power. I don't see why he is looked at as a top prospect.

03-09-2007, 07:35 PM
Lynch at #12 is perfect. I'd go with Waters in the 2nd there probably if those guys are all gone. Who is left at CB in round 2? I like Durant in the 3rd even if we take Waters in the 2nd. LB/CB/WR is perfect in the 3rd. In the 4th, I would love Laurent Robinson, much more so than McKnight.
I think Lynch is the obvious choice today, but I would prefer to get a Rb in the second.
Since I do not exactly who is available, I would go like this
1st - DT/WR/RB
Since Obi won konobi is gone then it is Lynch, if Jarret times well I would take him first
2nd - RB/WR
Antonio Pittman (at least he times well) Anthony Gonzalez if he is not a huge reach
3rd - CB/FB/LB Josh Willison? FB from Rutger? There is no backfield anymore.
Durant is Good
4th - FB/LB Zac DeOssie for LB or Mclain as a fullback
If you have a good well rounded fullback maybe you do not need to go to a 2 back scheme.
As far as DT in the second, What is the use. If there is not a big upside to the guy why bother.
Trade down seems to be the way to go.

art vandelay
03-10-2007, 02:57 PM
http://media.putfile.com/fredjackson

Here's Fred Jackson. Nothing special, IMO. I think Marv likes him because he went to his alma mater.

Leon Sandcastle
03-10-2007, 04:09 PM
Marshawn Lynch interview

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=football&id=4491055

Seems like a really nice kid and a team player.

Leon Sandcastle
03-11-2007, 11:19 AM
T.J. Duckett practically is playing for nothing in Detroit. Don't understand the interest in Chris Brown and no interest in Duckett.

essential
03-11-2007, 02:13 PM
Bills fans,
Please tell me Michael Smith from ESPN is an idiot for saying that the Bills were interested in Julius Jones and #22 for #12. Please. Thank you.

i haven't heard this, but i would do it on draft day if Peterson doesn't fall. if some how, some way, Peterson is there at #12, we take him, if he's not, i would take Jones, #22, and possibly a 4th or something, for #12. at #22 we should still be able to land Willis or Poz.

Iamcanadian
03-11-2007, 02:35 PM
http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1144/384996.wmv

Please explain to me why he runs like he is 190 lbs. and bounces as many runs to the outside as he can. He runs with a terrible pad level and doesn't dish out any power. I don't see why he is looked at as a top prospect.

I agree that your description of Bush is right on however, he is faster than you might think with real quck feet and that is why he is a pretty good prospect. He needs to shed 20lbs if he wants to be a star in the NFL, he'll never do it at 250lbs.
Actually Leonard is now the #3 RB in the draft after posting a 4.50 40 at the combine. If we don't take Lynch in the 1st, he is our most likely target.

03-11-2007, 05:39 PM
Is Coy Wire playing LB to take over on passing downs, and have Crowell in the rest of the time? If so does this negating the need for a 1st or 2nd round linbacker in the draft? If it is then I am beggining to like Marshawn Lynch/Brian Leonard combo. A good running back, another recieving threat and someone to pass block. Huge potential for the Bills offense.

Rob S
03-12-2007, 10:38 AM
Is Coy Wire playing LB to take over on passing downs, and have Crowell in the rest of the time? If so does this negating the need for a 1st or 2nd round linbacker in the draft? If it is then I am beggining to like Marshawn Lynch/Brian Leonard combo. A good running back, another recieving threat and someone to pass block. Huge potential for the Bills offense.

I really doubt the Bills use 2 day 1 picks on offense, especially just in the backfield. I am expecting defense heavy again.

Space Ghost
03-12-2007, 07:04 PM
What would you guys give up for Lance Briggs?

I would gladly give them our second and then hit Briggs with a fat 7 year 60 Million dollar contract structured so that we can just cut him lose after 5 years or something and only end up paying him something like 40 million. I'd be content with that. We would be well off with a core of him and Crowell for the future, then we would have Ellison or someone else at SLB.

mrider
03-13-2007, 09:33 AM
i haven't heard this, but i would do it on draft day if Peterson doesn't fall. if some how, some way, Peterson is there at #12, we take him, if he's not, i would take Jones, #22, and possibly a 4th or something, for #12. at #22 we should still be able to land Willis or Poz.

I would do this trade in a heart beat. First off we get rid of our RB need and then we can fill another need like CB Aaron Ross maybe. If you think about it instead of getting Leon Hall we can get Ross and Julius Jones. I would much rather have Ross and Jones then just Hall. If the Bills manage to do this trade I will applaud them.

Iamcanadian
03-13-2007, 01:14 PM
First, I'd have to say we are still in aq rebuilding mode by any definition. When 4 veterans are either released or traded , that's a lot of experience that has to be replaced. As for Lynch, he's OK, but there are a lot of pro analysts on NFL. com who see Peterson sliding to the Bills if there are no trades. Cleveland signed Lewis, Houston signed Green, Minny needs a DE, that could easily make Peterson this year's slider. His injuries worry top 10 teams and we could see him available at #12.

03-14-2007, 12:27 PM
here is a link to running stats in 2006 for all the nfl teams. It does not matter how you sort them the Bills are always in the bottom 1/4.
The Bills are not going to the Superbowl in 2007, but a wild card is a possibility. So what are the options to get the bills running game in line with other teams that made the playoffs?
1. Do you need to have the best running back available? Was it the Oline that failed? Where the bills not able to convert first downs or did they have to come from behind and had to rely on the passing game?
2. The holes: DT, CB, LB, #2 reciever (WR, TE, FB),
3. Draft depth:
DT is not deep and there may not be a player that will be ready day one.
CB draft is deeper and the cover 2 does not require an Elite player. or so they say.
LB draft is deeper and Bills need a man that can cover.
Reciever is very deep, 2 TE 's and FB's that can catch and some good WR depth.

My take:

If Amobi Okoye is on the board take him. He is not going to dominate right away but looks like he can over the 2-5 years. Dt quality drops off big time in the second. And you have to plan for the long haul not just this year.

Second round LB. Someone will be there to fits there needs.

Rb third round (Pittman)
The Running game upgrade is tempting, but may not solve the problem of going deep into the playoffs. The Oline upgrades may move the team from the bottom 1/4 of rushing stats to the middle of the leauge. That is enough for a wild card. What is the drop off in quality from first round to 2nd to third when you balance it against making a playoff run? I do not think it is that great, and the 3rd round seems like a good shot for a guy that will run for the next 2-5 years.
CB needs depth and not a elite player to make it to the wild card game. Use the 3rd round pick to find some.

Everyone wants to go to the playoffs, but the colts won the superbowl without E James, and the bear made it on defense. Peterson and lynch are tempting but not needed for a run deep into the playoffs.

smittyjs
03-15-2007, 09:49 PM
Did chris Brown sign with the Bills???

SuperMcGee
03-15-2007, 09:51 PM
No, he has not

art vandelay
03-16-2007, 10:23 PM
Here's some information on Michael Turner:

March 2nd
From http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2641
Chargers GM A.J. Smith doesn't sound willing to entertain trade offers for Michael Turner.
"It's over," Smith told the New York Daily News. "It'll take a 1 and a 3." No one is going to pay that price, so it looks like Turner will indeed back up LaDainian Tomlinson again in 2007. Keeper league owners should remain patient with Turner.
Source: NY Daily News
Related: Jets

March 7th
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/sullivan/20070307-9999-1s7sullivan.html
I wouldn't say it's over, A.J. Smith said. Its early right now in the process. History tells you a 1 and a 3 is pretty steep, but all it takes is one team. You just don't know until it plays itself out.

Sounds like Smith has changed his tune somewhat in the period of 5 days. Maybe he recieved interest in Turner (hopefully the Bills)?

Space Ghost
03-17-2007, 12:50 AM
Here's some information on Michael Turner:

March 2nd
From http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2641

March 7th
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/sullivan/20070307-9999-1s7sullivan.html

Sounds like Smith has changed his tune somewhat in the period of 5 days. Maybe he recieved interest in Turner (hopefully the Bills)?

I'd rather not if it would cost a 1 and a 3. I'd rather take Lynch 1 and Brandon Jackson 3 and use both of them rather than give that up for Turner. Plus he would probably take up as much or more cap space than a 12th overall and 74th overall salary.

I'd rather wait until next year and take him in FA or wait until closer to the trade dead line and see what his value is.

art vandelay
03-17-2007, 09:33 AM
I'd rather not if it would cost a 1 and a 3. I'd rather take Lynch 1 and Brandon Jackson 3 and use both of them rather than give that up for Turner. Plus he would probably take up as much or more cap space than a 12th overall and 74th overall salary.

I'd rather wait until next year and take him in FA or wait until closer to the trade dead line and see what his value is.

No doubt I wouldn't give up a 1st and a 3rd, but I am still not taking Smith's word as the end all truth. I think that if the right offer was presented to him, then he might take it because it would be very tough to pay your backup RB $2.8 million for a year.

Space Ghost
03-17-2007, 12:05 PM
I think the most I'd give up for Turner would be a 2nd, 4th and next years 2nd. That gives him the value of anywhere between the 21st to 28th overall selection according to the trade value chart:

470 + 76 + 116 or 265 = 662 (28th pick) or 811 (21st pick)

I don't think that that is a bad trade at all and we wouldn't be giving up that much. If it happened I think it would be a draft day trade though if San Diego wanted to trade up in round two or something.

bills51tuff
03-17-2007, 01:25 PM
I'm not interested one bit in Turner.

He reminds me of Kenny Davis, the backup to Thurman in the 90's. Good change-of-pace back, but really nothing more. I'd certainly be cautious of him, and would stay away.

Stick at #12, and pick a RB there, preferably Lynch, and move on.

art vandelay
03-17-2007, 03:10 PM
I'm not interested one bit in Turner.

He reminds me of Kenny Davis, the backup to Thurman in the 90's. Good change-of-pace back, but really nothing more. I'd certainly be cautious of him, and would stay away.

Stick at #12, and pick a RB there, preferably Lynch, and move on.

Have you actually seen Turner play though?

bills51tuff
03-17-2007, 10:15 PM
Have you actually seen Turner play though?

Yep.

I wouldn't comment on him if I haven't / didn't see him play.

He has spurts of good runs, just like K. Davis, but I doubt he would make a serviceable full-time back, however.

Just my opinion, though.

neko4
03-18-2007, 02:34 AM
Hey Bills fans new "fantasy offseason-type" game starting up
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4174

03-23-2007, 11:19 AM
what is takeo going to bring the bills in a trade?

Rob S
03-23-2007, 04:43 PM
what is takeo going to bring the bills in a trade?

doubt he gets traded, if he did i couldn't see him fetching more than a 4th.

Iamcanadian
03-24-2007, 11:14 AM
No doubt I wouldn't give up a 1st and a 3rd, but I am still not taking Smith's word as the end all truth. I think that if the right offer was presented to him, then he might take it because it would be very tough to pay your backup RB $2.8 million for a year.

Smith may be under the gun in San Diego and very unwilling to part with Turner this year. He survived a battle with Shotty but with Turner as his HC, he must be really sweating bullets about his job. I cannot see him surviving if San Diego has a poor season. That may indeed make Turner untouchable except at Smith's price.
I also question just how good Turner is, it reminds me too much of the Jordan situation when he backed up Martin with the Jets and put up great #'s as a substitute, however, since being traded to the Raiders, that kind of success was not forthcoming as a starter.

glazeduck
03-24-2007, 01:44 PM
Domanick Williams (formerly Domanick Davis) was cut by the Texans along w/ Carr yesterday.

He's an interesting possibility to me. He's injury prone and getting a little older, but if we signed him, he and ATrain would at least alleviate enough of the load on rbs to be able to get starters/impact players at other positions early in the draft.

The way I could see it playing out...

Bills sign Williams.

Trade down into the late teens early 20s w/ the pick, adding another 2nd.

1. Jarret - provides mismatches, helps in red zone, helps JP, opens up opposing defenses, moves the chains - helping our D rest.

2a. Beason - athletic, strong OLB would really benefit w/ a year on the sidelines learning from TKO, steps in as an impact starter next year

2b. Grubbs - too much talent on the OL isn't a bad thing, if Butler wins the job over Grubbs and Walker (if TP wins the RT job) then great, Grubbs can learn under Dockery and develop into another great OLineman.

3a. Best available CB - I imagine somone like Tenard Jackson, Fred Bennet, Josh Wilson, Daymeion Hughes will be around.

3b. Lorenzo Booker - he, Atrain, and Shaud split touches while Williams gets healthy... Can return kicks and catch passes out of the backfield. Reminds me a lot of Warrick Dunn.

4. LeRon McClain - great blocking fb who is a threat to catch passes out of the backfield and even carry the ball when he needs to.

5 (package both 7ths w/ our 6 to move into the 5th). Michael Bush - Some may not like this pick, but we put him on the IR for this year and let him get fully healthy, digest the playbook, learn our style and get into the kind of shape we want him playing in. After next season say bye bye to ATrain and Shaud and likely Williams/Davis, a healthy Bush/Booker/McClain trio back there with a good OL could be phenomenal for years to come. Keep in mind, before his injury Bush was a 1st rounder w/out question...even after he was a 2nd or 3rd rounder w/ the potential to be a 1st rd type player. After this 2nd surgery he'll likely be passed by most, if not all RBs that have any game whatsoever.

Jarrett, Booker, McClain, and possibly either Grubbs or our CB all start. Bush marinates for a whole year, and Beason (could easily start if needed for injury reasons) and likely Grubbs (I htink Butler will win the job) and CB (probably Youboty starting w/ Thomas in the nick) all learn the system, provide depth, and play on special teams.

Iamcanadian
03-25-2007, 12:29 AM
Domanick Williams (formerly Domanick Davis) was cut by the Texans along w/ Carr yesterday.

He's an interesting possibility to me. He's injury prone and getting a little older, but if we signed him, he and ATrain would at least alleviate enough of the load on rbs to be able to get starters/impact players at other positions early in the draft.

The way I could see it playing out...

Bills sign Williams.

Trade down into the late teens early 20s w/ the pick, adding another 2nd.

1. Jarret - provides mismatches, helps in red zone, helps JP, opens up opposing defenses, moves the chains - helping our D rest.

2a. Beason - athletic, strong OLB would really benefit w/ a year on the sidelines learning from TKO, steps in as an impact starter next year

2b. Grubbs - too much talent on the OL isn't a bad thing, if Butler wins the job over Grubbs and Walker (if TP wins the RT job) then great, Grubbs can learn under Dockery and develop into another great OLineman.

3a. Best available CB - I imagine somone like Tenard Jackson, Fred Bennet, Josh Wilson, Daymeion Hughes will be around.

3b. Lorenzo Booker - he, Atrain, and Shaud split touches while Williams gets healthy... Can return kicks and catch passes out of the backfield. Reminds me a lot of Warrick Dunn.

4. LeRon McClain - great blocking fb who is a threat to catch passes out of the backfield and even carry the ball when he needs to.

5 (package both 7ths w/ our 6 to move into the 5th). Michael Bush - Some may not like this pick, but we put him on the IR for this year and let him get fully healthy, digest the playbook, learn our style and get into the kind of shape we want him playing in. After next season say bye bye to ATrain and Shaud and likely Williams/Davis, a healthy Bush/Booker/McClain trio back there with a good OL could be phenomenal for years to come. Keep in mind, before his injury Bush was a 1st rounder w/out question...even after he was a 2nd or 3rd rounder w/ the potential to be a 1st rd type player. After this 2nd surgery he'll likely be passed by most, if not all RBs that have any game whatsoever.

Jarrett, Booker, McClain, and possibly either Grubbs or our CB all start. Bush marinates for a whole year, and Beason (could easily start if needed for injury reasons) and likely Grubbs (I htink Butler will win the job) and CB (probably Youboty starting w/ Thomas in the nick) all learn the system, provide depth, and play on special teams.

Williams(Davis) was probably cut because he didn't recover from his injury and is doubtful for next season. The chances of Beason and Grubbs lasting until our second round pick is practically nil. They'll both be off the board before we draft in round 2.

art vandelay
03-27-2007, 08:16 PM
I updated the Offseason Tracker.

SuperKevin
04-08-2007, 04:38 PM
I haven't been around here for awhile so I'm curious as to what everyone thinks of the Bills offseason so far. A couple of weeks ago(immediately after the McGahee trade) I got in an argument with a local sports talk radio host in SoCal who was saying Buffalo had the worst offseason in the league. I had to explain to him that whilewe may have overpaid for our FAs on the OL we did get players with valuable starting experience. Dockery and Walker are players that have been around on starting OL units for years now and will be able to step in immediately. The trade of Willis McGahee is a good one in my opinion because it gets rid of one of the biggest cancers in our locker room and gives us two 1st day picks in the next two drafts. The only thing that bothers me is the fact that we have yet to bring in a replacement for him through FA. i understand we may be holding out for an uncharacteristic Adrian Peterson drop or a slight reach on Marshawn Lynch but I feel we'll have bigger needs on defense that we'll need to address in the 1st round.

Space Ghost
04-08-2007, 07:47 PM
If we take AD or Lynch round one we will pretty much have to go corner round two, correct? Well, if there aren't any real great guys to pick there and Brandon Meriweather or Eric Weddle were available do you think we might take them to play corner? They are both play makers who can hit and run. They have also played some corner in college as well. Any thoughts?

SuperKevin
04-08-2007, 07:50 PM
If we take AD or Lynch round one we will pretty much have to go corner round two, correct? Well, if there aren't any real great guys to pick there and Brandon Meriweather or Eric Weddle were available do you think we might take them to play corner? They are both play makers who can hit and run. They have also played some corner in college as well. Any thoughts?

In my opinion we have to take Eric Wright in round 2 if we go CB. He's a true shutdown CB who is just as talented as the top 3 in the draft

fischbowl
04-08-2007, 08:08 PM
I would love to see Weddle at corner. he can truly play anywhere, Marv-type guy, the "fit" I've called since last October. just amazing that guy is. No Dusty Dvoracek but amazing indeed.

SuperMcGee
04-08-2007, 09:33 PM
I would love to see Weddle at corner. he can truly play anywhere, Marv-type guy, the "fit" I've called since last October. just amazing that guy is. No Dusty Dvoracek but amazing indeed.

Ha, good ol' Dusty love.
But I'm a huge fan of Weddle, I think he would be very good at CB for us.

SuperMcGee
04-08-2007, 09:36 PM

There's a glaring hole at LB. While if none of the top 4 LB are there or within quick striking distance on a possible trade, I would advocate taking a top CB that would be starter worthy and waiting on LB, but I don't think you can say that we'd have to go for a corner.

SuperMcGee
04-08-2007, 09:40 PM
In my opinion we have to take Eric Wright in round 2 if we go CB. He's a true shutdown CB who is just as talented as the top 3 in the draft

Wright would be a good pick in the 2nd if we went CB, but ideally I'd hope for Aaron Ross to still be there, although I think that could be rather unlikely. I like Weddle at CB. I wasn't as big a fan before of Tanard Jackson but I'm starting to come around on him, too.

Phrost
04-09-2007, 02:54 AM
Would the Bills entertain a trade for Carnell Williams?

Rob S
04-09-2007, 10:50 AM
Would the Bills entertain a trade for Carnell Williams?

Are there any rumors of the Bucs moving him? If there are, maybe, but it all depends on the price.

GiantRutgersFan
04-09-2007, 11:40 AM
Damn dude the Bills got a terribly hard schedule next year.

Miami, New England, N.Y. Jets, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Denver, Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Miami, New England, N.Y. Jets, Pittsburgh, Jacksonvlle, Philadelphia,

Cleveland and Washington are your only games that seem to be against a below 500 team.... Well I guess Miami could be bad too.

SuperKevin
04-09-2007, 11:59 AM
Damn dude the Bills got a terribly hard schedule next year.

Miami, New England, N.Y. Jets, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Denver, Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Miami, New England, N.Y. Jets, Pittsburgh, Jacksonvlle, Philadelphia,

Cleveland and Washington are your only games that seem to be against a below 500 team.... Well I guess Miami could be bad too.

Yeah that is a rough schedule. I hate to say it but it could be another year or two before we can realistically talk playoffs. If we do poorly I'd love to see the Bills draft Brian Brohm next year if JP Losman proves not to be our future. If we don't get a RB this year then we'll have our pick next year in what is looking to be a strong RB class(if the juniors come out)

SuperMcGee
04-09-2007, 01:29 PM
Yeah that is a rough schedule. I hate to say it but it could be another year or two before we can realistically talk playoffs. If we do poorly I'd love to see the Bills draft Brian Brohm next year if JP Losman proves not to be our future. If we don't get a RB this year then we'll have our pick next year in what is looking to be a strong RB class(if the juniors come out)

Oh geez, McFadden. Lets not get ahead of ourselves, though. We all know the Bills are going to the Super Bowl this year.

Rob S
04-10-2007, 01:16 AM
I honestly see 8-8 as our high this year. As a fan, of course I am thinking playoffs, but 500 will be quite an accomplishment imo. That said, I like the direction of the team, we are getting young and could have the core for an extended playoff run in a few years, provided we actually shell out the cash for guys like Losman and Evans. I actually kind of like the idea of waiting for a HB unless AD falls or Turner comes cheaper then expected. Next years RB class will be insane, and I see us picking in the 10-15 range. I could go a year with A-Train as the feature back, he can be a 1000 yard guy imo. Also, I see the JP-Lee connection being one of the best in the league next year, which should make up for having A-Train at RB.

calibill2
04-10-2007, 12:46 PM
Rd. 1-12.) Patrick Willis, LB Ole Miss
Rd. 2-43.) Antonio Pittman, RB Ohio St.
Rd. 3-74.) David Irons, CB Auburn
Rd. 3-92.) Justin Durant or Jacoby Jones

I like this. Whenever i have us taking a rb in round 1, our overall draft grade declines.

Space Ghost
04-10-2007, 04:53 PM
My money is on a 7-9 season this year. Too many losses on defense. We will have to wait until next year for a winning season I think. We literally have zero veterans on defense past the line and I don't think you can count on Schobel to call defensive audibles seeing as he is an end... Last year was a planning year for the coaching staff. See who fits and who doesn't. This year is the re-tooling. Next year should be the stepping forward I think, well, I hope. I can't see us winning more than a couple upsets, 3 divisional games and then games against Cleveland and Washington. Brutal schedule. Should build character though and help our future.

SuperMcGee
04-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Defensive losses hurt, for sure, and its clearly the biggest hurt to us this year. The coaching staff seems to be looking at the ends to become defensive leaders. I think they need to push Crowell into as much of a leadership role as possible. I'm hoping the scheme will allow us to get away with our unspectacular corners. Ellison hopefully is a little stronger and lives up to being a starter from what he showed last year, improving and being a force instead of just kind of being there. A fresh face will fill the 3rd LB spot, and hopefully they're a great talent. And somebody for once stop the damn run! Schobel leads the line and has 8 other players rotating amongst the other three spots until something clears up there. Trips looked decent late in the year but he needs to step it up plenty. Crowell is our only proven LB and needs to step up big, be a leader, and work the run, especially if he ends up in the middle. Whitner is our best player in the secondary now, but even he could start cashing in on some turnovers. He had some chances last year, but I won't hold that against him. Ko needs to mature into his playmaker potential. McGee needs to be consistent, and our #2 CB needs to just not suck. RE should be fine with the rotation, but as it has been since Pat left, our DTs need to step up their game. McCargo is going to definitely be my most critiqued player this season.

Offense I'm not going to go too far into because we're all still in the dark as to what the RB situation will be. However, Losman is ready to win games for us and carry this team. He can be the focal point of the offense and he can make it possible to open up the running game. Line should defintiely be better, although the right side still worries me. Duke needs to imrpove, especially in the running game, and Walker was never anything too good. I'd like to see what Butler can do, but even more I just hope that everything clicks. I see no #2 on uor current roster, but Reed improved last year. I'd like to utilize the quick slant to Evans and Roscoe more or find some way to let them use their dynamics. Royal was able to get open a lot late in the year after rolling of the line from a spot helping Pennington, but he never really made the tough catch and I don't see him as a great option. Good, not great, and can surely be improved upon. We need something more on a team with such few reliable targets. I'd like to get Cieslak in the offense more this year. Left side of the lien should own, and Fowler I'm content with. To round out the roster, we need a new fullback, but thats just obvious.

Lindell + Moorman = best kicker tandem in league. Easy enough on that one.
McGee is still one of the best consistent return men. Roscoe is good on punts, I'd like to see him make less mistakes there, but he's a perfect fit for the position.

SuperMcGee
04-13-2007, 02:44 PM
I forgot that we didn't re-sign Davis until I saw that someone else signed him yesterday. Good gunner, oh well.

ruthlessrussian
04-16-2007, 11:32 PM
Wow its been a long time, hows everybody doing? Sorry im a bit behind, so i need to do some catching up
First-yeah, so the schedule is pretty brutal for next year, but hey, whats life without a challenge. We were written off last year so why not a possible playoff birth? A strech yeah, but so were our draft picks from last year. which brings me to...
second-our draft for this year. Patrick Willis and Lorenzo Booker(local hero) are my only two for sure wants for my Bills. However else we go in the draft will be interesting to see. But Willis is just too perfect of a fit for us at mlb and could come in and dominate right away, barring are DT play of coarse. Booker would give our offense an added dimension and would be more then just a change of pace back. I can easily see him developing into a brian westbrook type of back. Ryan Kahlil would be another player i wouldnt mind coming over , but I think we got bigger needs to worry about, especially at the point of the draft where he'll be taken.
third- its awesome seeing the bills near the top of team disscussions, although its alphabetical order now. To many times of scrolling down to the bottom of the page, bad times.

RyanXQ
04-30-2007, 01:42 AM
so what do we all thin about the undrafted FA. I would really like the bills to sign McKnight WR because we didnt address it in the draft, and i think he is a better 3 spot than josh reed.

RyanXQ
04-30-2007, 01:44 AM
and also what about Lavarr Arrington?? hes still unsigned, i think we should give him a shot if it wouldnt cost us to much in a contract.

Iamcanadian
04-30-2007, 09:06 AM
The truth be told, Marv Levy said that Buffalo just doesn't have the money to retain its stars. Instead of continuing the rebuilding towards a playoff team, we are in essence using the draft practically every year to replace the FA's we lost. There is very little chance we can maintain or produce a winning team given our financial restraints. The FA era has exposed Buffalo to continuing failure and clearly explains the last decade's ineptitude. If you have a hard time using the draft to improve the weak positions on our team but must instead use it to replace the FA's or traded players you lose every year, what are the chances that we will be a Super Bowl contender anytime soon.

RyanXQ
05-01-2007, 06:31 PM
Keyshawn Johnson now a FA, now that would be a target to help out losman.

SuperKevin
05-08-2007, 11:30 PM
Why won't the Bills realize they need a big WR? All of the UDGA WRs they brought in are speed guys similiar to Roscoe Parrish. We look like we're trying to start one hell of an Olympic Qualifying relay team instead of a WR corps.

SuperMcGee
05-09-2007, 04:25 PM
I'm usually pretty serious when it comes to Chris Denney. He had a good preseason and TC last year and I was hoping for him as a longshot. At 6-3, 224 he'd be our biggest receiver. We re-signed and allocated him to NFL Europe this year, but as far as I know he's been injured. I always have hope, though.

Space Ghost
05-12-2007, 05:39 PM
Well, here is my early projected 53 man roster for us. It shouldn't be too far off.

Buffalo Bills Roster: May 12/07

JP Losman
Trent Edwards
Craig Nall

Marshawn Lynch
Anthony Thomas
Dwayne Wright
Shaud Williams

Lee Evans
Josh Reed
Roscoe Parris
Peerless Price
George Wilson
Sam Aiken

Robert Royal
Brad Cieslak
Kevin Everett

Jason Peters
Brad Butler

Derrick Dockery
Jason Whittle

Melvin Fowler
Mike Schneck

Duke Preston
Matt Morgan

Langston Walker
Terrance Pennington

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aaron Schobel
Tony Hargrove

Larry Tripplett
John McCargo
Tim Anderson

Darwin Walker
Kyle Williams
Jason Jefferson

Chris Kelsay
Ryan Denney

Angelo Crowell
Coy Wire
Josh Stamer

Paul Posluszny
John DiGiorgio

Keith Ellison
Roy Manning

Terrence McGee
Kiwaukee Thomas

Ko Simpson
Jim Leonhard

Donte Whitner
John Wendling

Ashton Youboty
Jabari Greer

Rian Lindell
Brian Moorman

SuperMcGee
05-21-2007, 06:15 PM
A Polish Buffalo Bill who has the same birthday as me. I'm pretty sure Paul Posluszny is a figment of my imagination brought to life to bring success to the Bills.

Freddy G
06-06-2007, 08:32 PM
Quick question: Is Aaron Shoebel really only 243??? I saw him listed as such and it really suprised me.

If i am not mistaken you run a cover/tampa 2 which means there is more emphasis on speed up front, but 243 is a bit on the extreme side...though you can't say its not working for him.

SuperKevin
06-07-2007, 01:53 AM
Quick question: Is Aaron Shoebel really only 243??? I saw him listed as such and it really suprised me.

If i am not mistaken you run a cover/tampa 2 which means there is more emphasis on speed up front, but 243 is a bit on the extreme side...though you can't say its not working for him.

That does seem a little light. I could have sworn he was at least 250

draftguru151
06-07-2007, 09:48 AM
Where do you see him listed so light? ESPN and NFL have him at 262. However much he weighs it's enough to put D'Brickashaw on his back.

Is Langston Walker for sure playing RT? I think him at OG with Pennington at RT would make more sense.

Freddy G
06-07-2007, 02:07 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=33953

SuperMcGee
06-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Where do you see him listed so light? ESPN and NFL have him at 262. However much he weighs it's enough to put D'Brickashaw on his back.

Is Langston Walker for sure playing RT? I think him at OG with Pennington at RT would make more sense.

Pennington wasn't that good last year. They like Preston more and would rather have him out on the field. I envision it being Preston RG and Walker RT right now. Butler and Pennington will have a chance to move into the lineup if Preston doesn't play well, which is a definite possibility.

SuperKevin
06-07-2007, 07:37 PM
Pennington wasn't that good last year. They like Preston more and would rather have him out on the field. I envision it being Preston RG and Walker RT right now. Butler and Pennington will have a chance to move into the lineup if Preston doesn't play well, which is a definite possibility.

Agreed Pennington did a good job last year but mainly because the line was so bad. With some new vets brought in he'll easily get pushed to the bench

SuperMcGee
06-11-2007, 07:40 PM
We signed Ah You! Let's keep bringing em in!

Ravens1991
06-15-2007, 08:02 AM
I have a question about how you guys used McGahee. Did you run any O-line pulls? Could your o-line have gotten to the second level? Did you ever pass it to him out the backfield? What was the % that you ran him to the outside or inside?

Thanks +rep to whoever answers them.

SuperKevin
06-15-2007, 08:10 AM
I have a question about how you guys used McGahee. Did you run any O-line pulls? Could your o-line have gotten to the second level? Did you ever pass it to him out the backfield? What was the % that you ran him to the outside or inside?

Obviously according to him we didn't use him properly. He's not tough enough to run between the tackles and I didn't think his hands were all that great out of the backfield

SuperMcGee
06-15-2007, 11:29 AM

We haven't really run pulls lately. The last guy I remember really pulling for us was Justin Bannan, who I believe is currently on your own Ravens. We'd put him in on the o-line and use him to pull sometimes. Either that or I'm thinking of the wrong guy and someone's gonna say "wtf? That dude's a DT, dumbass", but I'm pretty sure it was him.
Jason Peters can get to the second level nicely, although I saw it less often after his move to LT. Everyone else not so much, at least not consistently.
Passing out of the backfield we didn't do as much as I expected. Losman would overthrow McGahee a lot and his hands were never really tested to give a fair grade on, but I'd say they were less than great.
A % on where we ran him is tough because he pretty much took everything to the outside anyway. I don't have a better answer for this one.

SuperMcGee
06-16-2007, 03:06 PM
Bills | Team interested in Darius
Fri, 15 Jun 2007 16:47:39 -0700
Adam Schefter, of the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/77/nfl">NFL Network, reports the Buffalo Bills (http://www.kffl.com/team/9/nfl) are interested in unrestricted free-agent SS Donovin Darius (http://www.kffl.com/player/928/nfl) (Jaguars).

Any thoughts on this?

Billingsley26
06-16-2007, 09:05 PM
Adam Schefter, of the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/77/nfl">NFL Network, reports the Buffalo Bills (http://www.kffl.com/team/9/nfl) are interested in unrestricted free-agent SS Donovin Darius (http://www.kffl.com/player/928/nfl) (Jaguars).

Any thoughts on this?

Maybe just for some veteran leadership, because I dont see him anywhere near Simpson or Witner right now. He seems like a lot of setbacks have held him back and he aint the same. I might do it depending if he wants less money, but I wouldnt pay big stuff.

SuperKevin
06-17-2007, 11:29 PM

Any thoughts on this?

Safety is the one position on this team we actually have solid depth at. It'd be a wasted move and really hurt the development of our young talent.

BufFan71
06-18-2007, 12:44 PM
we never brought in Justin Bannan to pull on the offensive line.....
Darius is old and washed up

Rob S
06-18-2007, 05:13 PM
we never brought in Justin Bannan to pull on the offensive line.....
Darius is old and washed up

we did bring in bannan, he (and occasionally Sam Adams) were used in goal line situations

HoopsDemon12
06-18-2007, 08:59 PM
we did bring in bannan, he (and occasionally Sam Adams) were used in goal line situations

well who can move adams...

SuperKevin
06-22-2007, 02:37 AM
Do you think Jason Webster will beat Ashton Youboty for the #2 CB spot? I think he should. We need Webster's veteran leadership back there in the starting lineup

SuperMcGee
06-22-2007, 10:02 AM
Do you think Jason Webster will beat Ashton Youboty for the #2 CB spot? I think he should. We need Webster's veteran leadership back there in the starting lineup

Chris Brown says Webster appears the early favorite. Might not be all bad. Again, I've barely seen Youboty play.

fischbowl
06-22-2007, 10:08 AM
Chris Brown says Webster appears the early favorite. Might not be all bad. Again, I've barely seen Youboty play.

Rumor has it that we were the only AFC East team at Paul Oliver's workout.

BufFan71
06-22-2007, 10:29 AM
im sure NE was at his workout...

i think we should try to aquire him
and yes i remember sam adams playing in goaline, but he played as the TE, not an offensive linemen

HoopsDemon12
06-22-2007, 06:20 PM
Rumor has it that we were the only AFC East team at Paul Oliver's workout.

that cant be a bad thing

art vandelay
06-24-2007, 08:48 PM
The more I think about it the more I say that we NEED Paul Oliver. I am just not confident in our CB's at all. I mean our top 2 CB's are 5'9" and Youboty, who is completely unproven, is only 6'0". McGee got benched temporarily last year and the universal response on Webster makes me think of Chris Watson part 2. These are our two starting CB's!? If you put a gun to my head, I'd say our best CB right now is Kiwaukee Thomas. I would be alot more confident in him if he had semi-decent ball skills and could come down with one once in a while though.

BufFan71
06-24-2007, 08:51 PM
mcgee was not benched last year...and to say youboty is only 6'0
oliver is only 6'0-6'1

art vandelay
06-24-2007, 08:53 PM
mcgee was not benched last year...and to say youboty is only 6'0
oliver is only 6'0-6'1

Yes, he was during a game, in favor for Kiwaukee Thomas on account of poor play. I know Oliver is only 6'0 at best but he has good measurables overall and is obviously a good CB.

BufFan71
06-24-2007, 09:10 PM
youboty has the measurables also needed...
Paul Oliver is not a need, many bills fans just WANT him b/c they are not comfortable with our CB's

im not comfortable with them either, but im not gonna say Oliver is a need, but i do hope we end up getting him

and yur right......K Thomas has 0 catching ability

art vandelay
06-24-2007, 09:22 PM
Oliver is an instance where you can get a great football player at less than face value. Throwing a 3rd or 4th round pick can only help us, especially since we have extra 3rd, 6th, and 7th round picks next year. Marv and company must also realize this.

The Giants, Chiefs, and Titans are also likely looking at Georgia CB Paul Oliver, reports ESPN's John Clayton. Buffalo is also interested in the supplemental pick to be.
Source: ESPN Insider

SuperMcGee
06-24-2007, 09:26 PM
The more I think about it the more I say that we NEED Paul Oliver. I am just not confident in our CB's at all. I mean our top 2 CB's are 5'9" and Youboty, who is completely unproven, is only 6'0". McGee got benched temporarily last year and the universal response on Webster makes me think of Chris Watson part 2. These are our two starting CB's!? If you put a gun to my head, I'd say our best CB right now is Kiwaukee Thomas. I would be alot more confident in him if he had semi-decent ball skills and could come down with one once in a while though.

I understand the panic, but Kiwaukee is still not better than McGee. I wouldn't mind Kiwaukee being the #2 out of this group, but I'm confident that McGee is our best CB. Not saying I'm confident that he'll do good, but he's the best we got.

BufFan71
06-24-2007, 09:28 PM
Kiwake fits the cover 2. hes a strong physical corner

we just have to remember how well McGee did in 2006 and hope he reinacts that play next year

art vandelay
06-24-2007, 09:31 PM
I understand the panic, but Kiwaukee is still not better than McGee. I wouldn't mind Kiwaukee being the #2 out of this group, but I'm confident that McGee is our best CB. Not saying I'm confident that he'll do good, but he's the best we got.

I know you love McGee (username), but I can't say that I'm his biggest fan. I love him as a kick reurner, but I definitely don't think he can be a #1 and I'm still not in love with him as a #2.

SuperMcGee
06-24-2007, 09:39 PM
I know you love McGee (username), but I can't say that I'm his biggest fan. I love him as a kick reurner, but I definitely don't think he can be a #1 and I'm still not in love with him as a #2.

I obviously have doubts of him as a #1, but nowhere near what I'd be thinking if Thomas was the #1. McGee's a fine #2, the second half of last year he was amazing in that role (the whole pass defense was clicking at this time), but he has been very up-and-down, somewhat like Nate was. I agree McGee is not a #1, but I still say he's the best we have. And don't worry about username bias, I made my account shortly after he had one amazing game (the Cincy game from the '05 season. I know you remmeber it.). More of a spur the moment thing than a longtime love, which only exists with him as a returner.

art vandelay
06-24-2007, 09:43 PM
I obviously have doubts of him as a #1, but nowhere near what I'd be thinking if Thomas was the #1. McGee's a fine #2, the second half of last year he was amazing in that role (the whole pass defense was clicking at this time), but he has been very up-and-down, somewhat like Nate was. I agree McGee is not a #1, but I still say he's the best we have. And don't worry about username bias, I made my account shortly after he had one amazing game (the Cincy game from the '05 season. I know you remmeber it.). More of a spur the moment thing than a longtime love, which only exists with him as a returner.

Oh yeah the Cincy game on Christmas Eve. He had a kick or punt return for a TD as well as an INT return for a TD, IIRC. As far as his CB skills go though, I am not sure if he is a good fit for the Cover 2. I don't think Marv and company would have drafted him if he was in the draft last year. I for one totally agree with Belicheck's assessment that "You can NEVER have enough CB's."

SuperMcGee
06-24-2007, 09:51 PM
Oh yeah the Cincy game on Christmas Eve. He had a kick or punt return for a TD as well as an INT return for a TD, IIRC. As far as his CB skills go though, I am not sure if he is a good fit for the Cover 2. I don't think Marv and company would have drafted him if he was in the draft last year. I for one totally agree with Belicheck's assessment that "You can NEVER have enough CB's."

Yeah, the scheme is not his best fit. I say he's surely the best CB of the group in general, but when it comes to our defense I understand the doubt. I still put him as our #1, though, and trust that he can perform the best for us.

art vandelay
06-24-2007, 09:57 PM
Yeah, the scheme is not his best fit. I say he's surely the best CB of the group in general, but when it comes to our defense I understand the doubt. I still put him as our #1, though, and trust that he can perform the best for us.

I definitely agree with that. And I hope McGee plays with a chip on his shoulder this year, step up and shut down Moss, Chambers and Coles. The success of our CB's are going to be CRUCIAL to our team's success. IMO, they are the most questionable and pivotal position.

BufFan71
06-25-2007, 06:16 AM
McGee packed on some muscle weight last season to bulk up, maybe he wasnt so used to playing at a bigger weight...

SuperMcGee
06-25-2007, 02:57 PM
I definitely agree with that. And I hope McGee plays with a chip on his shoulder this year, step up and shut down Moss, Chambers and Coles. The success of our CB's are going to be CRUCIAL to our team's success. IMO, they are the most questionable and pivotal position.

For sure, but with DT always not far behind

Billingsley26
06-25-2007, 02:59 PM
I honestly have faith in Ashton Youboty. First off all, the man has decent size and good speed. In the cover 2 I think he should be allright seeing as the CB isnt relied on as much as say in other coverages. I also think that he could step in and do a better job that both Webster and Thomas, NO DOUBT! Maybe not as a #1 CB yet, but he will be. Lastly, I beginning to not doubt OSU DB's at all. Just look around.

SuperKevin
06-25-2007, 09:52 PM
For sure, but with DT always not far behind

I might be the only one who feels our DTs aren't too bad. Larry Tripplett is a solid starter and Kyle Williams and John McCargo should do much better with a season under their belts

art vandelay
06-25-2007, 10:04 PM
I might be the only one who feels our DTs aren't too bad. Larry Tripplett is a solid starter and Kyle Williams and John McCargo should do much better with a season under their belts

I am definitely wary of the DT's, especially since Walker's talent and experience will be lacking.

SuperMcGee
06-30-2007, 12:58 PM
Bills | Denney tore ACL in NFLE
Fri, 29 Jun 2007 21:40:21 -0700
Chris Brown, of <A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/124">BuffaloBills.com, reports Buffalo Bills (http://www.kffl.com/team/9/nfl) WR Chris Denney (http://www.kffl.com/player/14075/nfl) (knee) tore an ACL in his knee during NFL (http://www.kffl.com/team/77/nfl) Europa training camp. Denney will not be able to play in the 2007 season.

NOOOOOOOOO!!! I knew he was hurt but I never knew it was that serious. It happened a while ago, you'd figure I would've known this by now. Both of our receivers allocated there got hurt, so that's kind of lame. Not sure how severe Peterson's was.

SuperMcGee
07-02-2007, 01:44 PM
Good news at last:

Moorman signed an extension!

fischbowl
07-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Good news at last:

Moorman signed an extension!

good. I just bought a Moorman jersey ((amazingness)).

SuperMcGee
07-02-2007, 05:33 PM
good. I just bought a Moorman jersey ((amazingness)).

I am eternally jealous. And I just noticed that, before this post, I have exactly 3x as many posts as you. Not very interesting at all.

HoopsDemon12
07-02-2007, 06:39 PM
guys i figured out how we could make our run defense better

Starting DT

BRIAN MOORMAN... its so cunning it has to work

fischbowl
07-02-2007, 08:01 PM
I am eternally jealous. And I just noticed that, before this post, I have exactly 3x as many posts as you. Not very interesting at all.

McGee that is a coincidence. Never had Two Bills fans had posts of same multiples before.

Hines
07-08-2007, 01:06 PM
my bills predictions

lynch-1250 11 tds plus like 300 rec and 4 tds and will win roy

losman-3000+ 25 tds and 18 int

evans-1500 yds and 11 tds

SuperMcGee
07-08-2007, 02:42 PM
my bills predictions

lynch-1250 11 tds plus like 300 rec and 4 tds and will win roy

losman-3000+ 25 tds and 18 int

evans-1500 yds and 11 tds

Wow, that must be some sort of record.

Lofty predictions. Losman is the most believable of the bunch and seems about right. Only one receiver has had 1500+ yards in the past 3 seasons. It'd be about a 200 yard, 3 TD improvement for Leeevans. Certainly not impossible, but they're still some big totals. And that many TDs by a RB is unheard of in Buffalo. We'll see.

Hines
07-11-2007, 12:20 PM
is youboty gonna start next year with mcgee on the other side

SuperMcGee
07-11-2007, 12:58 PM
is youboty gonna start next year with mcgee on the other side

It's probably what most Bills fans want to see. McGee looks to start as the #1, while the #2 for now could be Youboty, Webster, maybe even Kiwaukee No-hands. We all hoped for good things from Youboty, and noone is overly thrilled about Webster, and Kiwaukee is more of a nickel back, so we just want to see Youboty break out, step forward and claim the #2 spot. Early early reports said Webster was the frontrunner, but I'm not forming any mindset on who it's going to be just yet.

Ravens1991
07-11-2007, 02:14 PM
why did Art Vandelay get suspended on here?

Billingsley26
07-11-2007, 02:23 PM
why did Art Vandelay get suspended on here?

he did!!! i thought he was the "team leader"

Ravens1991
07-11-2007, 05:38 PM
yea I dont remember seeing any rule breaking posts, perhaps he was advertising his own message board.

HoopsDemon12
07-11-2007, 05:47 PM
yea I dont remember seeing any rule breaking posts, perhaps he was advertising his own message board.

well superkevin was the guy advertising his own blog... not venderlay.. i didnt even know he was gone... surprising

Ravens1991
07-11-2007, 05:57 PM
I dont think blogs are against the rules, just PMing people about message boards is against the rules.

HoopsDemon12
07-11-2007, 06:00 PM
I dont think blogs are against the rules, just PMing people about message boards is against the rules.

oh do you know for sure he was doing that?

SuperKevin
07-11-2007, 07:05 PM
I talked to Art today and know why he's gone. He accidentally copied and pasted something and didn't screen for cursing. he then got an infraction and questioned why(which is against the rules). It's really an unfortunate mistake but he'll be back hopefully

HoopsDemon12
07-11-2007, 08:03 PM
I talked to Art today and know why he's gone. He accidentally copied and pasted something and didn't screen for cursing. he then got an infraction and questioned why(which is against the rules). It's really an unfortunate mistake but he'll be back hopefully

ouch... i dont see why they wouldnt give somone like him a chance to come back..

LB51
07-12-2007, 03:17 PM
What r Poz's chances of starting?, cuz im thinkin bout goin tha buffalo fer a game if Poz is startin

SuperKevin
07-12-2007, 03:25 PM
What r Poz's chances of starting?, cuz im thinkin bout goin tha buffalo fer a game if Poz is startin

I think its a good chance since he can playe MLB or WLB.