PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bills Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

SuperMcGee
10-09-2007, 01:28 PM
I am going to have to be negative for just a moment. Anyone else think that it might be a bad thing that all of these backups and role players are starting to step up? They aren't going to keep their jobs when the starters get healthy and it could lead to a bunch of them leaving in free agency to find better chances for playing time. I'm mainly talking about Jabari Greer and John DiGiorgio

If we ever bench Greer again I will flip. Nobody has shown more than him.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-09-2007, 03:14 PM
Greer was awesome last night. Digorgio looks decent, but not as good as Poz.

BufFan71
10-09-2007, 06:05 PM
greer proved me wrong

Hargrove is our only (aside from mccargo) player who gets pressure

losing brad butler hurts

marv levy's older brother
10-09-2007, 06:42 PM
I am going to have to be negative for just a moment. Anyone else think that it might be a bad thing that all of these backups and role players are starting to step up? They aren't going to keep their jobs when the starters get healthy and it could lead to a bunch of them leaving in free agency to find better chances for playing time. I'm mainly talking about Jabari Greer and John DiGiorgio

I think Greer is showing that he cornerback situation is not as dire as everyone thought. He will not be a free agent until 2009 and his contract should be renegotiated prior to that since McGee is a UFA in 2010. DiGiogio plays hard but is small and I saw him get pushed backwards significantly after he made contact a few times. I do not think he will be perused but if he does leave, he could be replaced with a more stout LB thru the draft. I like his attitude though.

Bills2083
10-09-2007, 06:45 PM

When is Greer's contract up? I think that he could become a great nickel corner for us.

We REALLY NEED an OFFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!! and a new OC/HC.

Who else was at the game? That was THEE craziest game I've ever been to. I was shouting the whole game.

Billingsley26
10-09-2007, 08:14 PM
When is Greer's contract up? I think that he could become a great nickel corner for us.

We REALLY NEED an OFFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!! and a new OC/HC.

Who else was at the game? That was THEE craziest game I've ever been to. I was shouting the whole game.

Ya I had no voice today. Man I split time between section 236 and 112 and man was the club seats better. I just met Lee Evans and George Wilson at Lee Evans radio show. Man Wilson is such a nice guy. Hes stoked about switcing to safety to.

The game was unbillevable. I think the fans see it and the buzz is back, Buffalo proved that they can bang with the #3 team in the league. Regardless, great job.

SuperKevin
10-09-2007, 08:17 PM
I think the emergence of Greer can bump CB back to a 3rd round need now. I'd say our biggest needs are WR, OLB, DL in that order

Leon Sandcastle
10-09-2007, 09:34 PM
I still want to see how McCargo and Greer perform before I state that CB and DT aren't primary needs.

I like what I've seen though.

Where do you stand on the whole Losman v. Edwards debate?

Billingsley26
10-09-2007, 09:37 PM
I still want to see how McCargo and Greer perform before I state that CB and DT aren't primary needs.

I like what I've seen though.

Where do you stand on the whole Losman v. Edwards debate?

Well, if you ask me, John Mccargo has been one of the most consistent DT in the league up to this point. Quote me on it if you want. But that is how I feel. He is getting a good push up field and making plays in the backfield.

As for Greer, I like what Ive seen. Like I said about Moss, if Greer was a few inches taller, Moss wouldn't have had half the yards. And with a slightly smaller T.O, Greer held im in check.

As of now, I would like to keep both. I think Mccargo is living up to the 1st round status and you will continue to see it.

SuperKevin
10-09-2007, 09:48 PM
I'm sick of people who think McCargo is garbage because of his minimal stats. We don't need a DT to rack up numbers, we need him to eat blockers and disrupt running angles

EdReedUnstoppable
10-10-2007, 03:21 PM
When it comes to DT its better to measure them by how many players it takes to block them, if you look at Haloti Ngata's stats you'd say he was a bad 1st rd pick, but if you watch him on gameday it takes 2 sometimes 3 guys to block him allowing others to make plays. I haven't seen much of McCargo but if that is what he is doing then he is a successful DT.

HoopsDemon12
10-10-2007, 04:47 PM
I'm sick of people who think McCargo is garbage because of his minimal stats. We don't need a DT to rack up numbers, we need him to eat blockers and disrupt running angles

He is doing a good job IMO.. he is showing a much better understanding and ability this year. But hey you cant have only one quality DT on the roster and be succesfull

Geo
10-10-2007, 05:06 PM
From what I've seen, McCargo has looked great; likely the highlight of the defensive line so far this season. Granted the defensive line as a whole wore down a bit against Dallas and wasn't getting the pressure they were producing in the first half, thanks to the offense's inability to sustain drives.

I still think the Bills could draft Glenn Dorsey and pair those two young studs inside their Tampa 2 scheme, much like Tampa paired Warren Sapp and Booger McFarland (both 1st round picks) in the Bucs defense's heyday. Both are excellent fits for the defense, being able to pressure the pocket and play the run.

In all honesty, I don't think Larry Tripplett has played as well as he did in his contract year with a very good Colts defense in 2005, which is unfortunate. I don't blame the Bills for signing him and even don't think the signing itself was awful, the contract wasn't that big and Tripps immediately gave the Bills a veteran 3-tech tackle who was experienced in the scheme they were trying to install in an offseason with a new staff. He hasn't been a bum, but the Bills probably need more or could serve themselves well if they brought in an franchise upgrade like Dorsey.

I like Kyle Williams though, a lunchpail guy who plays hard with every down. He's a very good guy to rotate in imo. Tim Anderson is also currently on the roster.

Geo
10-10-2007, 05:16 PM
Also, I think more and more people are going to realize that the Bills are in fact the second-best team in the East. Both the Dolphins and the Jets are worse, even despite the Bills' numerous injuries, and both will be on the clock in April before the Bills will.

Bills2083
10-10-2007, 07:42 PM
McCargo has been impressive. He consistently gets into the opposition's backfield. Hopefully he continues to get better

Greer is amazing me more and more each game. Maybe we have our #2 CB?...

Leon Sandcastle
10-10-2007, 08:19 PM
Well, if you ask me, John Mccargo has been one of the most consistent DT in the league up to this point. Quote me on it if you want. But that is how I feel. He is getting a good push up field and making plays in the backfield.

As for Greer, I like what Ive seen. Like I said about Moss, if Greer was a few inches taller, Moss wouldn't have had half the yards. And with a slightly smaller T.O, Greer held im in check.

As of now, I would like to keep both. I think Mccargo is living up to the 1st round status and you will continue to see it.

Don't get me wrong McCargo has been great and I still think DT is a need but I'm just pondering if we can wait until the 2nd to draft someone like Dre Moore.

Bills2083
10-10-2007, 09:08 PM
How much longer and for how much is Tripplett locked up for? He hasn't been impressive at all.

SuperKevin
10-10-2007, 10:48 PM
I am convinced if we end up picking in the 5-10 range we need to draft Malcolm Kelly WR Oklahoma if he declares. The guy is a complete beast and would solve our red zone issues.

BufFan71
10-11-2007, 05:37 PM
if the guy is a complete beast wouldnt there be no doubt that he would declare

Billingsley26
10-11-2007, 06:25 PM
I am convinced if we end up picking in the 5-10 range we need to draft Malcolm Kelly WR Oklahoma if he declares. The guy is a complete beast and would solve our red zone issues.

The more I think about it I like him too as well as Addarious Bowman. Now that Ive heard what happened to Limas Sweed, he wont be taken until,im thinking after the 2nd round.

But I would say right now, Addarious Bowman and Malcolm Kelly are 1-2 in my books.

SuperKevin
10-11-2007, 10:28 PM
The more I think about it I like him too as well as Addarious Bowman. Now that Ive heard what happened to Limas Sweed, he wont be taken until,im thinking after the 2nd round.

But I would say right now, Addarious Bowman and Malcolm Kelly are 1-2 in my books.

Adarious Bowman isn't nearly as good of a prospect as Malcolm Kelly is in my opinion.

SuperKevin
10-11-2007, 10:28 PM
if the guy is a complete beast wouldnt there be no doubt that he would declare

He might want to win a championship next year if they dont this year

HoopsDemon12
10-12-2007, 11:09 AM
Adarious Bowman isn't nearly as good of a prospect as Malcolm Kelly is in my opinion.

Kelly is faster by a fair margine i think.. but bowman will be a very good player in this league

Billingsley26
10-12-2007, 12:43 PM
Guys I dont know if it is the crisp, cool breeze from the sky or if it's the music i listen to as I drive by the Ralph everyday, but dam I feel good about this team. I think we can be 5-4 after the next 4 games, and still be in Wild card contention.
I was pretty upset after losing on MNF, but my dad (one of the biggest football fans, who surprised me with this) was very optimisitc with hwat he said. He was happy to see the city doing well in supporting the team and seeing the fans going that nuts for football reminded him of the days of the early 90's. This is all true. He continued to talk about the team, and I am going to reittereate some points now.
The defense is young, very young and inexperienced. Yet they are a bunch of blue collared athletes willing to fight for every play. If you ask me, thats Buffalo. That represents the city. This defense held up very well against the #3 offense in the league. Completely shut down the run game, and picked Romo off 5 times. Once we get guys back, maybe not this year, but even next year, we will be even better, with even better depth.
The offense was not surprising. The run game was about the same as it has been throughout the season. The OL had another big test, and held up for pretty well. Trent Edwards is young and inexperienced. He did not have any weapons or an OL infront of him at Stanford, and now he has it better in Buffalo. He is learning, and is going through the process just like every other good QB went through.

Lastly, the Buffalo Bills and Dick Jauron are fine. I do not want them to fire him. I was sick of getting these coaches who have never been anything more than an OC or DC. We finally got a HC who has won before. Now, everyone may be upset at the moment, but dont worry. Every coach/team goes through its rough spots before winning. It wasnt that long ago that NE had the #1 overall pick. Oakland made it to the SB and has been nothing since. Dick Jauron had that amazing run with the Bears, then they went soft for a while. Indianapolis was garbage with Manning his first few years. You see, we're building on something right now. Its gonna be special. The young core of guys who we have drafted, plus the OL additions for the next long while will mold together. Not to mention Trent Edwards further developing to become even better. I like Jauron, I like Marv and I like the job they are doing. If the continue to do what they are doing, this will be a team that contends for the Super Bowl within 5 years. Mark my words. Im feeling good about this team. If we keep Edwards in there, we may fall just short of the playoffs, like last year but better. If we go wth Losman, it just to groom Edwards and let him take his learning curves.

SuperKevin
10-12-2007, 01:34 PM
As long as we win enough games to keep us out of the top 8 picks I'll be happy. That way we have a ton more options in the 1st round. Also does anyone think we go with an Arizona split QB offense the rest of the year?

Billingsley26
10-12-2007, 03:40 PM
As long as we win enough games to keep us out of the top 8 picks I'll be happy. That way we have a ton more options in the 1st round. Also does anyone think we go with an Arizona split QB offense the rest of the year?

No I dont think so. At this point, I dont see JP doing any one thing better than Trent Edwards. The only thing I can possibly think of throwing the deep ball to Lee Evans, but I dont think they put him in just for that.

Geo
10-12-2007, 03:44 PM
Split quarterbacks?

That sir, is a bunch of Mularkey.

SuperKevin
10-12-2007, 04:24 PM
No I dont think so. At this point, I dont see JP doing any one thing better than Trent Edwards. The only thing I can possibly think of throwing the deep ball to Lee Evans, but I dont think they put him in just for that.

Well the reason I say it is because Lee Evans is being vocal about his wanting Losman to be the starter again.

SuperMcGee
10-12-2007, 04:53 PM
Well the reason I say it is because Lee Evans is being vocal about his wanting Losman to be the starter again.

Royal also seemed like he wanted Losman in there.

More importantly than either of those guys, I want Losman in there.

10-12-2007, 09:34 PM
trent edwards isnt gonna do much more the rest of the way then hes shown so far..losman is not only an important team leader but he has more tools to expand this offense. dont give up on him just yet.

Billingsley26
10-13-2007, 12:46 PM
trent edwards isnt gonna do much more the rest of the way then hes shown so far..losman is not only an important team leader but he has more tools to expand this offense. dont give up on him just yet.

I dont think Losman has much more to offer than Edwards does. I think Edwards can only get better. He has shown many good things so far, and I like it. In two game, hes thrown for more yards than JP, more TD's, less INT"s and won a game. I might add these were with the same offense.

HoopsDemon12
10-13-2007, 12:51 PM

I dont think Losman has much more to offer than Edwards does. I think Edwards can only get better. He has shown many good things so far, and I like it. In two game, hes thrown for more yards than JP, more TD's, less INT"s and won a game. I might add these were with the same offense.

I loved J.P at the start of hte season.. and i hated him for so long.. but i think he has regressed and ive been really impressed on teh accuracy of edwards and the way he leads his receivers on the passes perfectly so they can get more yards.. i think he has potential to be a good quarterback. Losman did **** all... throw in a rookie and he does more.. things are not looking good for mr J.p

PossumBoy9
10-13-2007, 05:42 PM
Do you Buffalo fans feel the Bills got jobbed on the clock at the end of the Dallas game? I feel only two seconds coming off the clock after the onside kick was ridiculous.

I'm a Rams fan that was hoping Buffalo would win in order to help the draft position for St. Louis. A win for Buffalo gives them two more wins than the Rams and icreases Miami's stength of schedule.

It's all about Dorsey to me at this point.

Billingsley26
10-13-2007, 05:46 PM
Do you Buffalo fans feel the Bills got jobbed on the clock at the end of the Dallas game? I feel only two seconds coming off the clock after the onside kick was ridiculous.

I'm a Rams fan that was hoping Buffalo would win in order to help the draft position for St. Louis. A win for Buffalo gives them two more wins than the Rams and icreases Miami's stength of schedule.

It's all about Dorsey to me at this point.

I know what you mean. But it didnt really matter to me. The bottom line was we had 6 turnovers, and lost. They shouldn' have won the game. I mean you can blame the game on so many things, 2 seconds off the clock can just be added to the list.

Every wekk I keep hoping for the Rams, Dolphins and Saints to keep losing to help Buffalo get a higher pick. I dont want them in the top 5. I think we dont need to spend a 1st on Dorsey, Id rather see Dan Connor or Malcolm Kelley or Addarious Bowman.

Bills2083
10-13-2007, 06:55 PM
Billingsley, if you had to choose, who would you take with our 1st rounder? (If it was around 10)

SuperKevin
10-13-2007, 06:58 PM
Billingsley, if you had to choose, who would you take with our 1st rounder? (If it was around 10)

Im not Billingsley but I have to take Malcolm Kelly

Billingsley26
10-13-2007, 07:32 PM

As of right now

my top 3 are

1) Addarious Bowman
2) Dan Connor
3) Malcolm Kelley

SuperMcGee
10-13-2007, 11:28 PM

For sake of argument:

1 TD in three games isn't huge over 0 TD in 2 games. I know the TD itself was huge, but from the statistical angle you're getting at, not really.

Less INT?
Losman = 1 (with no time left in the half, not very consequential although it was close to being returned)
Edwards = 3

Won a game? Losman, probably even Nall could've won against that Jets team. Such an unchallenging defense. Edwards showed good precision, but nothing outside of JP's realm. He was poised, but even JP would've been against that ineffective defense.

Same offense in personnel. The line has clearly gotten consistently better as the season has progressed, all to the benefit of Edwards. Also, as a recent addition Michael Gaines saw little PT while Losman was in.

SuperKevin
10-14-2007, 02:11 AM
As much as I like Trent Edwards, i think we have to play JP Losman if only to audition him for other teams so we can maximize his trade value. Let's allow Edwards to grow and mature in a backup role for now.

SuperKevin
10-14-2007, 06:09 PM
We may be on a bye week but we won big time with the Dolphins and Jets losing today

SuperMcGee
10-14-2007, 06:14 PM
Baltimore's D has given up 10 points the last two weeks. Granted it was against Dilfer and Frerotte, but they have been dominating that side of the ball lately.

Billingsley26
10-14-2007, 06:15 PM
We may be on a bye week but we won big time with the Dolphins and Jets losing today

Ya I keep hoping they lose. The Jets are now 2 back, and the Rams lost as well, so its lookin better that we will not be picking in the top 5.

I still think we can win the next 4 games.

Ravens
Jets
Bengals
Dolphins

With those wins we are right back in the thick of things. I think SD is coming back out, and I expect them to take the west. If we can beat Baltimore next week, then we are only 2 back with the tiebreaker over them, with an easier schedule to go.

I like the look of the near future.

SuperKevin
10-14-2007, 08:46 PM
Ya I keep hoping they lose. The Jets are now 2 back, and the Rams lost as well, so its lookin better that we will not be picking in the top 5.

I still think we can win the next 4 games.

Ravens
Jets
Bengals
Dolphins

With those wins we are right back in the thick of things. I think SD is coming back out, and I expect them to take the west. If we can beat Baltimore next week, then we are only 2 back with the tiebreaker over them, with an easier schedule to go.

I like the look of the near future.

How can you be so confident going into the Ravens game? We have one of the weakest offense in football going up against one of the best defenses. I'm thinking the Ravens game is a guarenteed loss but we have a chance to bounce back and win the next 3.

Bills2083
10-14-2007, 09:39 PM
I thought that their pass-D hasn't been too good lately.?

SuperKevin
10-14-2007, 10:45 PM
I thought that their pass-D hasn't been too good lately.?

4 or 5 picks against the Rams this week begs to differ

Billingsley26
10-14-2007, 11:06 PM
4 or 5 picks against the Rams this week begs to differ

4 or 5 picks from Gus Frerotte begs to differ with me!

I think that the Bills will be agressive as heck like they were last monday agaisnt Dallas, and I think they will be gunning for Willis. I also think that the more you pressure Boller, the worse he will do. I think all our offense needs to do is score one TD and let the D and ST do the rest and we could be in good shape.

SuperKevin
10-15-2007, 09:38 PM
Are any of our injured defensive players coming back soon? I know Coy Wire should be back soon.

Geo
10-15-2007, 09:47 PM
The Ravens' starting backfield this week will be Kyle Boller and Willis McGahee.

SuperKevin
10-15-2007, 09:56 PM
The Ravens' starting backfield this week will be Kyle Boller and Willis McGahee.

I'm really not scared of the Ravens offense this week as i feel it is just as futile as our offense is. The defense scares me though, especially the secondary. Unless we get a strong game from Lynch, I don't think either of our QBs will have success against the Ravens DBs

Billingsley26
10-15-2007, 11:05 PM
I'm really not scared of the Ravens offense this week as i feel it is just as futile as our offense is. The defense scares me though, especially the secondary. Unless we get a strong game from Lynch, I don't think either of our QBs will have success against the Ravens DBs

We dont need them to be. If JP starts, then JP just has to be JP. Try and move the ball down field, but dont make mistakes. As long as we dont turn the ball over then we will be fine. I dont see their offense doing anything on sunday, but once our offense gets sloppy, their D will take full advantage.

Bills2083
10-16-2007, 05:04 PM
Is the trade deadline today?

Geo
10-16-2007, 05:33 PM
Yes, and it has passed.

Reports are that Trent Edwards is the starting quarterback for the Buffalo Bills. I love his quick release and his accuracy, I can see why the Bills opted to stick with him.

10-16-2007, 05:39 PM
Do you think the Bills wold sell a whole lot of jerseys if they drafted De'Cody Fagg in the first round?

Billingsley26
10-16-2007, 05:47 PM
Yes, and it has passed.

Reports are that Trent Edwards is the starting quarterback for the Buffalo Bills. I love his quick release and his accuracy, I can see why the Bills opted to stick with him.

I am satisfied. To me, JP has been disappointing. I was expecting big things from his this year, and he has let me down. Granted, he hasn't really turned the ball over when he played, but he hasn't really moved the ball either.

I like Trent Edwards, and I guess the Bills realize that the future is now for the Bills. I like the way he wokrs the small ball, and I like how he holds up under pressure. I think that will be key this week agaisnt an agressive Ravens defense. Trent just has to keep doing what he is doing, and I think we will be fine. I am expecting Buffalo to do similar things like they did against Dallas. Stacking 7 guys on the LOS, and dropping back different guys each time. I think we will stuff Willis, and the game will be up to Boller, which I dont think he is capable of winning himself.

Geo
10-16-2007, 05:49 PM
There's also a good chance reportedly that Todd Heap, probably the best offensive player overall for the Ravens, might not play. Something to keep an eye on, because it's huge if he doesn't play. An athletic and quick tight end is the perfect weapon to attack this defense.

BufFan71
10-16-2007, 06:25 PM
Edwards Starting furiates me....

he is a proven loser
and he hasnt played as good as people think

SuperMcGee
10-16-2007, 06:29 PM

he is a proven loser

I wouldn't go that far, but I'd still rather have JP in there.

Billingsley26
10-16-2007, 06:32 PM

he is a proven loser

If Trent Edwars is a proven loser, than what does that make JP who hasnt won a game this year????

I am not mad at all. Ive said before that Trent works the small ball very effectively, better than JP, I think Trents size is a plus as well. Once Trent opens it up and works deep, I think he will be very good. I am not upset at this. Good move by the Bills.

And I dont understand why everyone is saying let JP audition himself for other teams. JP has had 2+ years to audition. Screw that. He hasnt shown enough yet, then let him be where he is. I can see JP coming off the bench tho and doing a good job. But for right now, the fans and the others around him have been responding well to Trent playing, and I think this can only get better.

I see Trent Edwards, and the way we use him, in the same direction as the way the Steelers used Ben Roethlisberger. Let him make little pases here and there, and just don't make mistakes. Let the run game open up and rely on that. We should be fine with Trent. He has shown he can throw close to 30 times a game, almost mistake free (the pick vs the Jets, I put more on Lee Evans) and he looks good managing the game like he did last monday night.

10-16-2007, 06:37 PM
JP Losman can be a very effective backup coming off the bench like kyle boller in baltimore. trent edwards will be fine and if he gets the deep ball going he will be something special for sure. edwards reminds me of a young trent green in his prime. all the bills need now is a legit TE threat.

SuperMcGee
10-16-2007, 07:17 PM
If anyone needs a pick-me-up, the comeback is on ESPN2.

BufFan71
10-16-2007, 07:24 PM
If Trent Edwars is a proven loser, than what does that make JP who hasnt won a game this year????

I am not mad at all. Ive said before that Trent works the small ball very effectively, better than JP, I think Trents size is a plus as well. Once Trent opens it up and works deep, I think he will be very good. I am not upset at this. Good move by the Bills.

And I dont understand why everyone is saying let JP audition himself for other teams. JP has had 2+ years to audition. Screw that. He hasnt shown enough yet, then let him be where he is. I can see JP coming off the bench tho and doing a good job. But for right now, the fans and the others around him have been responding well to Trent playing, and I think this can only get better.

I see Trent Edwards, and the way we use him, in the same direction as the way the Steelers used Ben Roethlisberger. Let him make little pases here and there, and just don't make mistakes. Let the run game open up and rely on that. We should be fine with Trent. He has shown he can throw close to 30 times a game, almost mistake free (the pick vs the Jets, I put more on Lee Evans) and he looks good managing the game like he did last monday night.

1.jp hasnt has only played in 2 games this year
edwards has also lost 2 games this year
before Beating the MIGHTY AND POWERFUL JETS Edwards hadnt won a game in 300+days

2. I find that funny b/c didnt all offseason Fairchild rave about how much they wanted to be a deep throwing, exciting offense? not a steeler type offense

3. that pass isnt on evans, the pass fell short, and was underthrown.

Billingsley26
10-16-2007, 08:25 PM
If anyone needs a pick-me-up, the comeback is on ESPN2.

Ya, Im watching this right now. I will never get tired of seeing it. Man I feel so good every time I see it. Those were the days, and it will soon get back to that.

1.jp hasnt has only played in 2 games this year
edwards has also lost 2 games this year
before Beating the MIGHTY AND POWERFUL JETS Edwards hadnt won a game in 300+days

2. I find that funny b/c didnt all offseason Fairchild rave about how much they wanted to be a deep throwing, exciting offense? not a steeler type offense

3. that pass isnt on evans, the pass fell short, and was underthrown.

Well, last time I checked, JP STARTED 3 GAMES! Trent only started 2 games and is 1-1 as a starter. JP is 0-3 as a starter. You dont look at stats and say Trent is 1-1-1, with the last 1, being a loss in which he came in.

JP played in the first 3. What does it mean if Trent never won big at Stanford. Matt Cassell started 1 game at USC, and got drafted and has seen time with the Patriots. Going by your example, that means that Cassell is a Proven Loser as well becuse he hasnt won a game in over 300+ days!

The ball was uder thrown, but isn't a WR supposed to fight for the ball? Evans kept runnig out of the endzone. If Evans put any effort into that ball like he did to chase down Terrnece Newman, then it wouldn't have been a INT.

For all of Fairchilds talk, and your ranting about not wanting Edwards in there, I dont really remember JP trying to hit the deep ball when he played.

SuperMcGee
10-16-2007, 10:40 PM
Well, last time I checked, JP STARTED 3 GAMES! Trent only started 2 games and is 1-1 as a starter. JP is 0-3 as a starter. You dont look at stats and say Trent is 1-1-1, with the last 1, being a loss in which he came in.

Lame technicality. I'd respect the argument more if people used common sense instead of such a misleading stat for that 3rd game.

The ball was uder thrown, but isn't a WR supposed to fight for the ball? Evans kept runnig out of the endzone. If Evans put any effort into that ball like he did to chase down Terrnece Newman, then it wouldn't have been a INT.

Evans is used to having the ball out in front of him. It was the first (only) deep throw I've seen Edwards do in the season, and it was just a lack of familiarity with ball placement.

For all of Fairchilds talk, and your ranting about not wanting Edwards in there, I dont really remember JP trying to hit the deep ball when he played.

He has. Twice they've gone off of Lee's hands. One other one was deep sideline to either Roscoe or Price, and then there was the one was on the late 3rd down in the Denver game that was a little away from Evans. We've been conservative with both QBs for the most part, though.

BufFan71
10-17-2007, 06:46 AM
Ya, Im watching this right now. I will never get tired of seeing it. Man I feel so good every time I see it. Those were the days, and it will soon get back to that.

JP played in the first 3. What does it mean if Trent never won big at Stanford. Matt Cassell started 1 game at USC, and got drafted and has seen time with the Patriots. Going by your example, that means that Cassell is a Proven Loser as well becuse he hasnt won a game in over 300+ days!

Losman played about 3 plays vs. the Patriots, and then Edwards played the rest of the game
so that imo means that is a loss for Edwards.

No Cassel, only played one game at USC, but Edwards played a lot of games at Stanford
and had a losing record, he is a proven loser..

When your defense gets you 6 turnovers, and gives u great field position the entire game, u'd think that even a rookie QB would be able to lead to at least 1 touchdown....

but no... all we got was a FG

ill admit, Edwards does have a quick release, and good poise in the pocket, but i Dont think hes gives us the best oppertunity to win

and this decision will probably divide the locker room like when Holcomb/Losman debate 2 years ago

Billingsley26
10-17-2007, 08:23 AM
Losman played about 3 plays vs. the Patriots, and then Edwards played the rest of the game
so that imo means that is a loss for Edwards.

No Cassel, only played one game at USC, but Edwards played a lot of games at Stanford
and had a losing record, he is a proven loser..

When your defense gets you 6 turnovers, and gives u great field position the entire game, u'd think that even a rookie QB would be able to lead to at least 1 touchdown....

but no... all we got was a FG

ill admit, Edwards does have a quick release, and good poise in the pocket, but i Dont think hes gives us the best oppertunity to win

and this decision will probably divide the locker room like when Holcomb/Losman debate 2 years ago

I dont understand why your so negative about Edwards. Im going to be honest, I dont think Losman could have beat the Cowboys or done any better than Edwards based on what he did all year. I think that if you go on the teams that each has played and how they looked, I would say Edwards has looked better this year. I dont blame a rookie for going in there in his first start and throwing that ball. It comes with time. Other than that he almost looked perfect.

You can nag all you want about Edwards not being as good as Losman, but Trent has been more accurate and a better passer rating. Either way, I think Treant has out played JP, and it's hard to disagree with that. I am happy with him as the starter, and I think you guys will be as well after Sunday.

Geo
10-17-2007, 10:51 AM
One of the better cornerbacks in the league, the Ravens' Chris McAllister is likely to miss this Sunday's game due to a strained right knee (http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-mcalister1016,0,1075179.story?track=rss).

SuperMcGee
10-17-2007, 12:36 PM
I like Trent, I do. But JP is getting a raw deal here. And it sucks, too, because JP is such an advocate of the city and I really don't want him to end up leaving.

SuperKevin
10-17-2007, 01:59 PM
It really is a shame that JP Losman isn't getting the opportunity to at least increase his trade value since he is a strong member of the Buffalo community

Billingsley26
10-17-2007, 05:48 PM
It really is a shame that JP Losman isn't getting the opportunity to at least increase his trade value since he is a strong member of the Buffalo community

If you ask me, there is absoultely no point in letting him get his trade value up. No point. Why would the Bills waste another year of letting him get value for him? And have Jauron get closer to being fired? No point at all. I find that to be pretty dumb to say. The Bills are playing right for right now, and they have a legitiment chance to go 5-4 over the next 4 weeks.

I will say again. Marv Levy is not that type of guy. He has always said "your not building for the future, your building for a future coach." It is true, and with that said, they will not play JP unless Trent fails miserably, and to be honest, Trent plays alot of mistake free football, so I dont really see that happening.

Its a good move for the players. I just hope JP lives up to his word. He always said he was going to mentor Trent and be as helpful as possible. I just hope he doesn't turn into a cancer.

BufFan71
10-17-2007, 06:29 PM
according to BuffaloBills.com

the edwards starting decision is not permanet

SuperKevin
10-18-2007, 12:48 PM
There's a link on ESPN.com(too lazy to grab it) that says Buffalo plans on playing a regular season home game in Toronto as early as 2009 in an attempt to attract Toronto based businesses to purchase luxury suites at Ralph Wilson Stadium

Billingsley26
10-18-2007, 02:39 PM
There's a link on ESPN.com(too lazy to grab it) that says Buffalo plans on playing a regular season home game in Toronto as early as 2009 in an attempt to attract Toronto based businesses to purchase luxury suites at Ralph Wilson Stadium

Ya, SuperKevin, I think I remember you saying you dont live in WNY, but for those who do if you go to 590 AM, its the FAN 590, Toronto's version of WGR, thats all they are talking about. Its huge news back home.

There also another story breaking out, and apprently it is legit a ever. The Owners of the Toronto Argonauts are teaming up with Ted Rogers (owner of the Blue Jays), Larry Tannenbaum (part owner of Toronto Maple Leafs) and every other owner in the CFL, and they are going to put a bid in to buy the Bills and when Ralph Wilson passes away. Apprently they have a plot of land that they own somehwere in the GTA, and they would build a state of the art stadium for the new team.

God I hope not. I would hate to see this happen. I dont have the link, but if anyone wants to look it up, search for the website for the "Globe and Mail" newspaper, its a canadian newspaper. That was the paper that broke the story

SuperKevin
10-18-2007, 06:34 PM
As A Bills fan I'd hate for the team to abandon all the history they have in Buffalo. However, it'd be nice to see them get new facilities and increase their fan base because then they might be able to attract some quality FAs. I would still remain a fan if they moved to Toronto........i don't know about everyone else though

BufFan71
10-18-2007, 07:43 PM
hopefully Jim Kelly
the sabres owner (forgot his name)
and some people can pitch in and be able to buy the team after Ralph Passes

thats the only way i see it happening

SuperKevin
10-18-2007, 07:44 PM
Moving the team less than 100 miles away to Toronto is a much better option than if someone bought the team and moved them to LA or San Antonio

Bills2083
10-18-2007, 08:42 PM
^ I agree with that.

But, it'd be weird going to another city, rooting for your team. The Buffalo Bills would be no more.

I really hope they stay here. Like Buffan said, maybe Kelly and Golisano can work something out...

IF the Bills ever left Buffalo, do you think that we'd ever get another team?

Bills2083
10-18-2007, 08:43 PM
Ya, SuperKevin, I think I remember you saying you dont live in WNY, but for those who do if you go to 590 AM, its the FAN 590, Toronto's version of WGR, thats all they are talking about. Its huge news back home.

There also another story breaking out, and apprently it is legit a ever. The Owners of the Toronto Argonauts are teaming up with Ted Rogers (owner of the Blue Jays), Larry Tannenbaum (part owner of Toronto Maple Leafs) and every other owner in the CFL, and they are going to put a bid in to buy the Bills and when Ralph Wilson passes away. Apprently they have a plot of land that they own somehwere in the GTA, and they would build a state of the art stadium for the new team.

God I hope not. I would hate to see this happen. I dont have the link, but if anyone wants to look it up, search for the website for the "Globe and Mail" newspaper, its a canadian newspaper. That was the paper that broke the story

I was looking all over both of their websites, and couldnt find any of that. There was an article about a game in Toronto, and that was it.

SuperKevin
10-18-2007, 10:10 PM
^ I agree with that.

But, it'd be weird going to another city, rooting for your team. The Buffalo Bills would be no more.

I really hope they stay here. Like Buffan said, maybe Kelly and Golisano can work something out...

IF the Bills ever left Buffalo, do you think that we'd ever get another team?

No. Buffalo is too small of a market to get another team. If they weren't an original AFL franchise they wouldn't even have a team.

Billingsley26
10-18-2007, 10:12 PM
I was looking all over both of their websites, and couldnt find any of that. There was an article about a game in Toronto, and that was it.

I didnt know the link online, because I actually saw the article, but I searched it and I found one of them...here it is

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20071012.BRUNT12/TPStory/?query=buffalo+bills

I will look for the other one.

Billingsley26
10-18-2007, 10:15 PM
Here is the other article. Unfortunately you need to pay for it to see it online. I'll give you the link so you can see thebeginning of the article anyways.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/Page/document/v5/content/subscribe?user_URL=http://www.theglobeandmail.com%2Fservlet%2Fstory%2FLAC.20 071011.NFLTOTO11%2FTPStory%2F%3Fquery%3Dbuffalo%2B bills&ord=578901&brand=theglobeandmail&force_login=true

SCRAP THAT ONE!!!

Here is the entire article.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20071010.wsptnfl10/BNStory/GlobeSportsHockey/

LonghornsLegend
10-18-2007, 10:26 PM
Sorry I was a little late on the discussion about Edwards starting, but I was wondering if you guys knew if the coaching staff planned on trying to get the ball deep to Evans, or were they going to play conservative with him...I felt like JP had a great deep ball and you guys have a great weapon in Evans, if your only throwing short, isnt it like taking a weapon out of your offense? I know you would like to get him utilized more, but im not sure if Edwards has the familiarity with Evans to make it happen...

With Heap and McCallister out, you guys have a good shot if Evans can get involved early

Bills2083
10-18-2007, 10:58 PM
Sorry I was a little late on the discussion about Edwards starting, but I was wondering if you guys knew if the coaching staff planned on trying to get the ball deep to Evans, or were they going to play conservative with him...I felt like JP had a great deep ball and you guys have a great weapon in Evans, if your only throwing short, isnt it like taking a weapon out of your offense? I know you would like to get him utilized more, but im not sure if Edwards has the familiarity with Evans to make it happen...

With Heap and McCallister out, you guys have a good shot if Evans can get involved early

I think that they plan on trying to throw the deep ball at least a couple times a game. Lee Evans is great at gaining separation and we need a QB who can get the ball to him.

Losman > Edwards @ long passes
Edwards > Losman @ short/intermediate passes

Hopefully one can become better at their week spot and become a good QB.

SuperMcGee
10-18-2007, 11:20 PM
I think that they plan on trying to throw the deep ball at least a couple times a game. Lee Evans is great at gaining separation and we need a QB who can get the ball to him.

Losman > Edwards @ long passes
Edwards > Losman @ short/intermediate passes

Hopefully one can become better at their week spot and become a good QB.

This is going off of mostly assumption, because it is a rare thing to find a QB that throws a prettier deep ball than Losman, but right now I'd give a decided edge to Losman as an overall passer. I think the gap would have to be much closer on the short ball than it would be on the long ball, going only off of how good I know JP is at that, and that, at least with the wideouts, is good at the shorter game also. The only argument to me is Trent is so fresh in the league and has been impressive, add some experience and enough gametime to actually judge him on and you more than likely have a very good QB on your hands. But from what I have seen thus far there is no doubt in my mind that JP is better right now. How soon that can change is a mystery to me.

49ersfan_87
10-20-2007, 01:49 PM
Did the bills sell out their home game?

Billingsley26
10-20-2007, 07:26 PM
Did the bills sell out their home game?

I think the only home game that hasnt been sold out yet is the one against Miami, I think the last one of the season. As far as I know it is pretty close to being sold out.

BufFan71
10-21-2007, 08:34 AM
thank godness Tim Anderson Released

Jenkins, Schouman, Hamdon
all brought up from the P.S

Nall cut, and Price on IR

Billingsley26
10-21-2007, 03:51 PM
To Buffan 71:

So that is now 2 wins for Trent Edwards and 0, ZERO, ZIP, NIL for JP Losman. I will tell you to keep basking -for whatever reasons you do it for- in JP's glory that you seem to think he has.

We are seeing week in and week out why Trent is starting and not JP.
I think it is clearly evident who the REAL WINNER is!

Ravens1991
10-21-2007, 04:12 PM
gg

Trent Edwards looks like he can be a good one.

HoopsDemon12
10-21-2007, 05:42 PM
I like the win today.. hoepfully we can get some momentum and ride it for awhile

BufFan71
10-21-2007, 06:28 PM
To Buffan 71:

So that is now 2 wins for Trent Edwards and 0, ZERO, ZIP, NIL for JP Losman. I will tell you to keep basking -for whatever reasons you do it for- in JP's glory that you seem to think he has.

We are seeing week in and week out why Trent is starting and not JP.
I think it is clearly evident who the REAL WINNER is!

Anyone could beat the Jets, maybe even Miami, they are horrible

Edwards had about 3-4 good plays

and his inability to get us a TD is hurting us
u CANNOT get field position, time in the pocket like he is and NOT score touchdowns

granted he made some nice throws, but he almost cost us the game with the interception, just like against Dallas

either way i wanna see losman play a few more games before i get a man crush on Edwards like everyone on these boards has

HoopsDemon12
10-21-2007, 06:31 PM
I dont have a crush on any bills qb.... or a like for them actually.. just dislike some less than others

Ravens1991
10-21-2007, 06:50 PM
I think Edwards showed good potential as a rookie, he was able to get into the red-zone several times against a top 5 D in the Ravens.

BufFan71
10-21-2007, 06:58 PM
I think Edwards showed good potential as a rookie, he was able to get into the red-zone several times against a top 5 D in the Ravens.

but he hasnt shown the ability to zip the ball in and get us a TD

Ravens1991
10-21-2007, 07:25 PM
true he did have that sick vertical pass to Evans. You guys are in a nice QB situation, 2 young QB, one is a vertical threat and the other is good for a WCO, You can trade one and get something nice for one of them.

Bills2083
10-21-2007, 07:28 PM
apparently there was a lynch skit making fun of willis on espn. does anyone have a link to it?

SuperMcGee
10-21-2007, 07:29 PM
I'm not going to complain about Edwards outside of the pick. Still hasn't shown me he's better than JP, but I'm content. I really liked how he was running the field early on. He matched one of JP's strong points with the hard count.

Bills2083
10-21-2007, 07:30 PM
look at this interview with Bart Scott...

Worst Ravens postgame interview

Today
Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 7:50 PM

WORST RAVENS POSTGAME INTERVIEW: Check out this pathetic interview after the Bills-Ravens game in terms of the answers provided by Ravens LB Bart Scott.

Q: Your thoughts on the game?

Bart Scott: "Both teams played hard."

Q: What was Brian Billick's message after the game?

BS: "Keep playing hard."

Q: What are your plans for the bye week?

BS: "Just go clear your mind, come back fresh, and play hard."

Q: Are you worried about the team?

BS: "Just keep playing hard."

Q: Have you been playing hard?
BS: "Play harder."

Very insightful stuff. Wow.
---

http://www.buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=2161

SuperKevin
10-21-2007, 08:14 PM
Wow, I really didn't expect us to pull out this win against one of the league's top defenses. This win is huge because it was one of several key swing games that could decide wheteher we pick in the top 5 or not. Hopefully we will get at least 3 more wins in our remaining games against the Jets and the Dolphins and be at the worst, 5-11

FLABillsFan
10-21-2007, 09:24 PM
I say we win the next 3(jets, bengals, phins) and are 5-4 heading into the game that we host New England.

Ravens1991
10-21-2007, 09:36 PM
look at this interview with Bart Scott...

Worst Ravens postgame interview

Today
Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 7:50 PM

WORST RAVENS POSTGAME INTERVIEW: Check out this pathetic interview after the Bills-Ravens game in terms of the answers provided by Ravens LB Bart Scott.

Q: Your thoughts on the game?

Bart Scott: "Both teams played hard."

Q: What was Brian Billick's message after the game?

BS: "Keep playing hard."

Q: What are your plans for the bye week?

BS: "Just go clear your mind, come back fresh, and play hard."

Q: Are you worried about the team?

BS: "Just keep playing hard."

Q: Have you been playing hard?
BS: "Play harder."

Very insightful stuff. Wow.
---

http://www.buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=2161

Bart is a jokester.

I was impressed with Marshawn Lynch, he has everything needed to become a star. He doesn't go down on 1st contact, has good vision, can get to the 2nd level, can break 50+, and can catch. You guys have a great future combo with whoever your QB is and him.

Geo
10-21-2007, 09:38 PM
Awesome win by the Bills today, I was hoping/thinking they could do it. Especially as the Ravens were coming to this game looking to their bye week too much, I thought.

Billingsley26
10-21-2007, 11:18 PM
Anyone could beat the Jets, maybe even Miami, they are horrible

Edwards had about 3-4 good plays

and his inability to get us a TD is hurting us
u CANNOT get field position, time in the pocket like he is and NOT score touchdowns

granted he made some nice throws, but he almost cost us the game with the interception, just like against Dallas

either way i wanna see losman play a few more games before i get a man crush on Edwards like everyone on these boards has

Ya Im sorry, I must of been blinded by all those touchdowns that JP throws eh!!!!

Please, this is Trents team now, JP is long gone, and Im happy because of it.

You guys need to understand one thing, hes a ROOKIE. He will get better each week. You guys were wondering where the deep ball was and why they went away with it. Well, TADA!!! there it was. Trent will do one thing better each week, and this week it was getting isolation with Lee Evans and hitting him deep. I think he threw 3 deep balls. One was a PI, the other to Evans, and im not sure of the 3rd.

I love the defense right now. I love how they stack 7-8 in the box, and drop random guys back, sometimes guys like Kyle Williams. Mccargo played another great game. Many, many plays upfield. I think he is becoming very worthy of being a 1st rounder as of now. Id say you can almost erase Glen Dorsey off our list unless he drops alot.

We didn't get many sacks, I think just 1, but the fact that we got the pressure on Boller and rattled him helped alot. He rushed many throws and that killed him. Next week, I see the same thing. I think we can win it easily. Like I said, Ive been right the past 2 games in my predictions. I am going to say we will beat the Jets, and I think we will win the next 3. This was a big win for us, especially if we are going to have any sort of shot at the wild card, Baltimore may be the team we need to bypass for the 6th spot.

I think Trent Edwards is getting better each week. I expect next week for him to throw for over 250 yards. Wouldnt be surprsed one bit. I think now that he has the deep ball, and showing how he did it against Baltimore, teams will respect that fact, and it could open up many opportunities underneath as well as deep. Im looking for a pretty substantial win next week.

OL played great. Good protection. I think only one sack allowed. Opened many holes for Lynch to run through. Great game overall.

Geo
10-21-2007, 11:19 PM
I'm a big fan of Edwards too, but that interception he threw ... man, that was tough. Come on, Trent. You know better than that.

SuperKevin
10-22-2007, 12:31 PM
My buddy is a big Ravens fan and is trying to tell me the Ravens' injury problems are worse than the Bills. LOL

Geo
10-22-2007, 12:51 PM
Well, he's a Ravens fan. That pretty much sums it up.

SuperMcGee
10-22-2007, 01:37 PM
We didn't get many sacks, I think just 1, but the fact that we got the pressure on Boller and rattled him helped alot. He rushed many throws and that killed him. Next week, I see the same thing. I think we can win it easily. Like I said, Ive been right the past 2 games in my predictions. I am going to say we will beat the Jets, and I think we will win the next 3. This was a big win for us, especially if we are going to have any sort of shot at the wild card, Baltimore may be the team we need to bypass for the 6th spot.

OMG you're infallible! Ha, but seriously most Bills fans probably thought we'd beat the Jets and a weak Ravens team.

The Jets are awful but I'm still a little worried since we always split. Some things are just above men, even Supermen like Trent Edwards. Probably not above Moorman, though, so we're good :)

Billingsley26
10-22-2007, 03:53 PM
OMG you're infallible! Ha, but seriously most Bills fans probably thought we'd beat the Jets and a weak Ravens team.

The Jets are awful but I'm still a little worried since we always split. Some things are just above men, even Supermen like Trent Edwards. Probably not above Moorman, though, so we're good :)

It wasnt the Jets game I was reffering to, it was the Cowboys and Ravens game.

10-22-2007, 07:19 PM
[QUOTE=Billingsley26;684122]Ya Im sorry, I must of been blinded by all those touchdowns that JP throws eh!!!!

I think people are putting to much on credit and blame on both JP and Edwards. The lack of TD is not a factor of the QB as much as it is having someone to throw it to. Evans is good and hopefully he can live up to last seasons numbers, but he does not seem to be a red zone threat. The Bills need a big man to throw to. The other problem is that Lynch is coming out on 3rd and long passing downs and being replaced by Thomas. This does not allow for any deception out of the backfield. You know Thomas is going to stay in to block. The last time the Bills threw for 2 TD's in one game was week 15 of 2006, that is a long time ago. I love the fact they won but it is not a complete football team just a defense and a kicker.

Iamcanadian
10-23-2007, 10:22 AM
[QUOTE=Billingsley26;684122]Ya Im sorry, I must of been blinded by all those touchdowns that JP throws eh!!!!

I think people are putting to much on credit and blame on both JP and Edwards. The lack of TD is not a factor of the QB as much as it is having someone to throw it to. Evans is good and hopefully he can live up to last seasons numbers, but he does not seem to be a red zone threat. The Bills need a big man to throw to. The other problem is that Lynch is coming out on 3rd and long passing downs and being replaced by Thomas. This does not allow for any deception out of the backfield. You know Thomas is going to stay in to block. The last time the Bills threw for 2 TD's in one game was week 15 of 2006, that is a long time ago. I love the fact they won but it is not a complete football team just a defense and a kicker.

Well, I think Losman has been around long enough to produce more passing TD's. his inability to do so has to rest on his shoulders. As for Edwaeds, I think that is a whole different ballgame. You cannot expect a rookie QB to play like a verteran and tossing TD's will be in short supply.
Lynch is a rookie and all rookie RB's have a difficult time pass blocking since they usually weren't asked to do so in college. Thomas is obviously a superior blocker and still quite capable of caring out desception from the backfield.
We aren't a good offensive team just yet but I think Edwards offers us some real possibilities in a year or 2. I'm no longer sold on Losman.

SuperKevin
10-23-2007, 11:07 AM
[QUOTE=marv levy's older brother;685489]

Well, I think Losman has been around long enough to produce more passing TD's. his inability to do so has to rest on his shoulders. As for Edwaeds, I think that is a whole different ballgame. You cannot expect a rookie QB to play like a verteran and tossing TD's will be in short supply.
Lynch is a rookie and all rookie RB's have a difficult time pass blocking since they usually weren't asked to do so in college. Thomas is obviously a superior blocker and still quite capable of caring out desception from the backfield.
We aren't a good offensive team just yet but I think Edwards offers us some real possibilities in a year or 2. I'm no longer sold on Losman.

I think we could very well be able to trade JP Losman to Tampa Bay or Atlanta for a 4th round pick

Billingsley26
10-23-2007, 11:18 AM
[QUOTE=Iamcanadian;686807]

I think we could very well be able to trade JP Losman to Tampa Bay or Atlanta for a 4th round pick

Atlanta I highly doubt it. They will have a top pick and Im about 100% sure they will go after Brian Brohm. As for TB, they could, but I see JP as a similar Jeff Garcia, but with a better arm, but nt as good overall. I dont really see it happening.

I see JP becoming a guy like Joey Harrington is right now

10-23-2007, 12:49 PM
[QUOTE=marv levy's older brother;685489]

I am not sold on Losman either. I now believe that Marv Levy was never sold on him. If he was he would have secured a weapon in the draft for him but he did not. The Oline was rebuilt , and that is something that takes time to gel, so its full payout will not be seen until next year.McGahee was traded, and as you have just stated rookie RB have a hard time pass blocking as well as rushing in there first year. So Lynch's potential will not be fully realized until next year.
My frustration with the the origination is that this did not have to be "in a year or two" rebuilding team! I receiving threat would have made this a viable team this year. I think people are so use to the Bills rebuilding that expecting ballsy decisions from there management not there. I am pissed they did not stare McGahee down, and I will really pissed if Jauron continuously get away with bad play calling, but ultimately I am pissed off that they hung JP and our season out to dry without a legitimate chance of wild card run. We were one receiver short of it. John leonard, Sidney rice, and Zach miller were still available.
Good job on the defense, good job for building a team for next year, but I am terrified that the team will not make it to the playoff while Wilson is till alive.
I am frustrated with of looking to next year.

Billingsley26
10-23-2007, 03:35 PM
[QUOTE=Iamcanadian;686807]

I am not sold on Losman either. I now believe that Marv Levy was never sold on him. If he was he would have secured a weapon in the draft for him but he did not. The Oline was rebuilt , and that is something that takes time to gel, so its full payout will not be seen until next year.McGahee was traded, and as you have just stated rookie RB have a hard time pass blocking as well as rushing in there first year. So Lynch's potential will not be fully realized until next year.
My frustration with the the origination is that this did not have to be "in a year or two" rebuilding team! I receiving threat would have made this a viable team this year. I think people are so use to the Bills rebuilding that expecting ballsy decisions from there management not there. I am pissed they did not stare McGahee down, and I will really pissed if Jauron continuously get away with bad play calling, but ultimately I am pissed off that they hung JP and our season out to dry without a legitimate chance of wild card run. We were one receiver short of it. John leonard, Sidney rice, and Zach miller were still available.
Good job on the defense, good job for building a team for next year, but I am terrified that the team will not make it to the playoff while Wilson is till alive.
I am frustrated with of looking to next year.

If you ask me, they would be killing and playoff chances by starting JP Losman right now. This team and town has high jopes riding on Trent Edwards for this year! If JP was brought back in things wouldnt be the same. Trent is hot right now. You have to keep him starting.

Im not pissed off at Jauron. I know a lot of people are right now, but I dont blame him for his play calling. I actually think Jauron has been a solid coach. The way he turned this team around last year, and how close we are to being a 4-2 and the last playoff spot is unbelieveable. You can nag all you want about the play calling at the end of the Dallas game but in the end there were so many plays in the game that didnt happen that could've made it not even come down to the wire.

I think at all the spots where those guys were take you mentioned above were not better prospects than Posluszny, and you should have noticed that through his performance early in the year. I think this team may have a shot at the Wild Card. These next 3 games are CRITICAL! We need to win them, becaue then losing to the Pats doesnt hurt as much.

BufFan71
10-23-2007, 06:23 PM
im not sold on edwards....but i guess i have to deal with it since they are gonna stick with him

Bills2083
10-23-2007, 08:50 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5445

Bills To Stick With Edwards At QB
by Chris Brown, Lead Journalist Last Updated: 10/23/2007 4:27 PM ET

[/URL] (https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/home.htmI?l=EN&CNTX=5909384&err=17) (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5445&print=yes)

http://assets.buffalobills.com/uploads/news/82578F316BCC4235B8EBE289F67A69BA.jpg
(http://www.buffalobills.com/rss/BillsNews.xml)
[U]

Last Sunday wasn't a spectacular performance on paper for Trent Edwardshttp://www.buffalobills.com/images/relatedicon.gif (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5445#), but consistent decision making and two victories in three NFL starts carries weight. Head coach Dick Jauron has elected to start the rookie signal caller at quarterback again this week against the Jets in the Meadowlands. It also sounds as if the Edwards will hold onto the role beyond this Sunday's game.

"We are naming Trent Edwards as our starting quarterback," said Jauron in a statement Tuesday. "I have spoken with both Trent and J.P. Losmanhttp://www.buffalobills.com/images/relatedicon.gif (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5445#) and want to get the word out to our fans."

Jauron plans to address the details of his decision in a Wednesday afternoon press conference.
It will be Edwards' fourth straight start and fifth appearance after he played virtually the entire game at New England following J.P. Losman's knee injury. It will be his first start on the road.

In his three career starts Edwards has completed 70 percent of his passes while throwing for 563 yards and one touchdown against three interceptions for a passer rating of 78.3.

But what appears to have Buffalo's staff most impressed is the play of Edwards that's not revealed in the statistics.

The rookie quarterback was almost flawless in his execution of the no huddle offense last week against the Ravens.

"He did a really good job, making the right calls on run plays and pass plays," said Lee Evanshttp://www.buffalobills.com/images/relatedicon.gif (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5445#). "He passed the ball efficiently, finding guys over the middle. I think he did a really good job of knowing what he's seeing and just playing."

"We played a lot of no huddle snaps," said Jauron following Sunday's game. "There are a lot of options at the ball. He's got some options up there and he has to get us in the right stuff and he did a nice job doing it. He didn't miss much."

Relying on a rookie quarterback to effectively execute a no huddle attack in his third NFL start was a strong indication as to the faith the offensive staff has in Edwards.

"The no huddle package that I know our head coach likes a lot and our offensive coordinator feels comfortable with puts a lot of ownership on the quarterback to make some decisions out there," said Edwards.

The staff also relied on Edwards last Sunday to slow down Baltimore's pressure defense by mixing up the cadence before the snap. The Stanford product proved successful in this area as well, drawing the Ravens defense offsides five times in the first half.

"They knew we run a blitz package and a lot of that is built on timing," said Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs after Sunday's game. "You slow us down by changing the cadence up. They did a good job."

At this point Edwards (219) has been on the field for more than twice as many snaps as Losman (103) and the other offensive players now appear to have a familiarity with how Edwards operates. Jauron did cite continuity as a factor in his decision to make Edwards the starter at quarterback last week.

Momentum was likely a factor too. Coming off the bye week Jauron stated to his team that it was an 11 week season. After their win over Baltimore last Sunday, Jauron's message to his club was that they were 1-0. To change the person playing the most important position on the field following a hard-fought victory over a physical team would probably leave a lot of players scratching their heads, especially after most were of the opinion that Edwards performed admirably.

"He had a lot on his plate last week and I think he handled it really well," said Evans. "He made plays when he had to, he made some right reads and we were effective in the passing game."

Billingsley26
10-24-2007, 12:10 AM
im not sold on edwards....but i guess i have to deal with it since they are gonna stick with him

You continue to amaze me. You actually think that right now JP Losman can do a better job than Trent Edwards? Please dont give me that "Well he beat the Jets, and anyone can beat them". Yea, well he stuck it to the Cowboys, dont care if he only produced 3 points, he still stuck it to them. He beat the Jets. He beat the Ravens, and didn't look all that bad. In fact aside from the INT he threw, I would say he progressed even more by throwing the deep ball nicely and more often.

Its 2 out of 3 for Trent, and your still mad about it. I hate to say it, if your that big of a JP fan, then your probably gonna be looking for a new team next year just like he is.

This is Trents team from now on, and it is going to pay big divedends in the near future. The young group of guys who are now playing are plying very well for being 1 nd 2 years in the league. Imgaine them 2-4 more years down the road!!!! This team has one hell of a bright future, and Im standing by Marv and Jauron because I think they are a good combo for the Bills right now. The play on the field and the moves off the field have been the best the Bills have seen in probably close to 10 years, and I dont think there is any disputing that!

SuperMcGee
10-24-2007, 12:16 PM
You continue to amaze me. You actually think that right now JP Losman can do a better job than Trent Edwards? Please dont give me that "Well he beat the Jets, and anyone can beat them". Yea, well he stuck it to the Cowboys, dont care if he only produced 3 points, he still stuck it to them. He beat the Jets. He beat the Ravens, and didn't look all that bad. In fact aside from the INT he threw, I would say he progressed even more by throwing the deep ball nicely and more often.

Its 2 out of 3 for Trent, and your still mad about it. I hate to say it, if your that big of a JP fan, then your probably gonna be looking for a new team next year just like he is.

This is Trents team from now on, and it is going to pay big divedends in the near future. The young group of guys who are now playing are plying very well for being 1 nd 2 years in the league. Imgaine them 2-4 more years down the road!!!! This team has one hell of a bright future, and Im standing by Marv and Jauron because I think they are a good combo for the Bills right now. The play on the field and the moves off the field have been the best the Bills have seen in probably close to 10 years, and I dont think there is any disputing that!

This has nothing to do with JP vs. Trent, but I'd really like to hear your explanations for those two points.

10-24-2007, 01:03 PM
[QUOTE=marv levy's older brother;687071]

If you ask me, they would be killing and playoff chances by starting JP Losman right now. This team and town has high jopes riding on Trent Edwards for this year! If JP was brought back in things wouldnt be the same. Trent is hot right now. You have to keep him starting.

I think at all the spots where those guys were take you mentioned above were not better prospects than Posluszny, and you should have noticed that through his performance early in the year. I think this team may have a shot at the Wild Card. These next 3 games are CRITICAL! We need to win them, becaue then losing to the Pats doesnt hurt as much.

I like the picks and where the took the players in the draft, it all makes sense. But the problem is they put themselves in a position where they were forced to rebuild the team instead of making a less drastic changes to the offense and defense and being more competitive this year. You can not say that you almost won this game or they could have been 4-2 if it wasn't for this and that. You can not make that many trips to the red zone and come up with only 3 points and say we where so close. When the team plays this hard and still loses you can only look at the coach and the GM to see where things are not as good as they should be. As far as Jauron goes, the Bills could do better. There is no excuse for putting your team in a position where they have a greater chance to mess up than they do to eat up the clock. Same situation 2 weeks in a row.
The patriots have set the bar very high and I think it is only far to hold the front office accountable to that new level. Dreaming about wild card games is great but crushing the Patriots needs to be the goal. It is time for Belicheck and his grubby sweatshirt to be stomped on.

Billingsley26
10-24-2007, 01:19 PM
This has nothing to do with JP vs. Trent, but I'd really like to hear your explanations for those two points.

You misunderstood my point. Im saying over the last 10 years or so, probably less now that I think of it, we havent seen moves like this off the field made my the GM and Coaches. Spending the money on the OL and the two drafts we have had. Havent seen one like that in a while. As for the play. I think this Bills team right now with the coaching and the play on the field.

SuperMcGee
10-24-2007, 01:53 PM
You misunderstood my point. Im saying over the last 10 years or so, probably less now that I think of it, we havent seen moves like this off the field made my the GM and Coaches. Spending the money on the OL and the two drafts we have had. Havent seen one like that in a while. As for the play. I think this Bills team right now with the coaching and the play on the field.

I don't think I misunderstood anything, seeing as I didn't comment on anything. And you did not explain anything I inquired about.

SuperKevin
10-25-2007, 12:46 AM
Anyone else worried about this weeks game at New York? I know we have beat the Jets already but I'm not 100% confident we can beat them on the road. I mean this will be Trent Edwards first start on the road and I'm thinking the fans in the Meadowlands will eat him alive. Unless the offense can click quickly, I think this will be a highly disappointing game

SuperMcGee
10-25-2007, 11:03 AM
Yeah, you definitely have to worry about that stuff.
There are definitely positives to this, though. His first two road games will be against the two worst teams on our schedule. His first road game is against a team he's familiar with.
It's not the easiest thing to ask for, but these will be our best chances to win on the road, and I'd hate to see Trent road shaken in them. Hopefully he can live up to his poise.

Bills2083
10-25-2007, 05:35 PM
What do you think the score will be?

I'm gonna say

27-24 BILLS

Billingsley26
10-25-2007, 05:48 PM
I don't think I misunderstood anything, seeing as I didn't comment on anything. And you did not explain anything I inquired about.

Im not following what your getting at here. You asked for an explanation for something that you bolded, and I explained them, and your now saying that I didnt explain anything you inquired about.

SuperMcGee
10-25-2007, 06:08 PM
Im not following what your getting at here. You asked for an explanation for something that you bolded, and I explained them, and your now saying that I didnt explain anything you inquired about.

How did Trent stick it to Dallas? -Unanswered (I may already know what you mean by this, but in that assumption we have very different definitions of "sticking it to them".

How is this the best team on the field in nearly 10 years? -Unanswered.

SuperKevin
10-25-2007, 06:17 PM
How did Trent stick it to Dallas? -Unanswered (I may already know what you mean by this, but in that assumption we have very different definitions of "sticking it to them".

There is no way this team is better than the team that lost in the Playoffs to Tennesee

Billingsley26
10-25-2007, 06:22 PM

Well, obviously im looking at it in a different perspective. Ill give the rundown on how this is a better team than we've had in nearly 10 years.
1. No other team has worked harder than this team, especially the defense.
2. The OL is better than any from the past 10.
3. Marshawn is better than Willis.
4. Trent Edwards of what JP has done and Drew did in Buffalo.

Well, you can look at however you want. But to me, Trent did dam near enough to win the game agaisnt Dallas. He kept the Cowboys off the field for just 2 seconds less than it should've been. He really worked the small ball effectively, and moved ncie drive up the field, just couldnt finish them. But for a guy in his second start, on prime time on MNF, i dont blame him. I can name several reason why we lost. I dont put it solely on Trent.

Hey after all, one of the guys we are praising so much on this site is Jabari Greer, but if he caught that INT that could've been that he blatenly droped while cover TO, Jason Witten would have never cuaght that TD pass the next play!

Billingsley26
10-25-2007, 06:27 PM
There is no way this team is better than the team that lost in the Playoffs to Tennesee

lol, i didnt say EXACTLY 10 years. I said within 10 years, I know its not better than that team, but that was what 1999, 8 years ago.

SuperKevin
10-25-2007, 06:28 PM

Yeah but Travis Henry was and still is better than Marshawn

Billingsley26
10-25-2007, 06:36 PM
Yeah but Travis Henry was and still is better than Marshawn

I will beg to differ. But if you look at the whole team instead of individualy which I will right now, I dont think there is a team in the last 7-8 years that can beat this team. The only that could give them a run would be the team of 2003 (I think, the one with a top defense), but I still think Trent could move the ball on them.

BufFan71
10-25-2007, 09:22 PM
this team isnt better than the team we had when we went 9-7

SuperMcGee
10-25-2007, 09:41 PM
I won't argue on behalf of any of our recent teams, but this team out there right now is really not that impressive.

Billingsley26
10-26-2007, 12:27 AM
I won't argue on behalf of any of our recent teams, but this team out there right now is really not that impressive.

Maybe I just look at it in a different way. I see a defense that has been overlooked by just about everyone in the league, yet has managed to help win games by their big play ability. I see an offense that is getting better each week, and does one more thing each week. They have minimal turnovers, and work the small ball, by moving the ball up the field and eating up a lot of time. I can elaborate more later.

BufFan71
10-26-2007, 08:46 AM
Maybe I just look at it in a different way. I see a defense that has been overlooked by just about everyone in the league, yet has managed to help win games by their big play ability. I see an offense that is getting better each week, and does one more thing each week. They have minimal turnovers, and work the small ball, by moving the ball up the field and eating up a lot of time. I can elaborate more later.

apparently u must love our boring offense, seeing how they tend to go 3 and out a bunch of times.

this offense is horrible, the run game has been good, but its gonna get better as the o-line gels, and there hasnt been a lot of big plays running or passing

Billingsley26
10-26-2007, 09:19 AM
apparently u must love our boring offense, seeing how they tend to go 3 and out a bunch of times.

this offense is horrible, the run game has been good, but its gonna get better as the o-line gels, and there hasnt been a lot of big plays running or passing

You mean a lot of 3 and outs when JP was in there?
Trent sustains drives. No denying that. Im pretty sure in the last 3 games Trent has started Buffalo has had a higher time of posession that their opponents.

BufFan71
10-26-2007, 09:23 AM
You mean a lot of 3 and outs when JP was in there?
Trent sustains drives. No denying that. Im pretty sure in the last 3 games Trent has started Buffalo has had a higher time of posession that their opponents.

since when did i even mention edwards or losman in that last part i wrote??

how many times in the past few years have we had a higher TOP than other teams and still managed to lose??
a lot of times

Billingsley26
10-26-2007, 09:31 AM
since when did i even mention edwards or losman in that last part i wrote??

how many times in the past few years have we had a higher TOP than other teams and still managed to lose??
a lot of times

Yea but your going against what you said. You said our offense goes 3 and out all the time. Yet you know said that we always have a higher TOP than other teams. I dont get it. Surely you cant go 3 and out all the time and STILL have a higher TOP!

dcarey20
10-26-2007, 08:20 PM

No..........

BufFan71
10-26-2007, 09:28 PM
No..........

yes....

id rather have a back who WONT go down on first contact and get the tough yards when u need them

plus every time mcgahee busts a long run he gets sick and pukes or need IV's

Ravens1991
10-26-2007, 09:55 PM
he hasnt gone down on first contact in Baltimore. I think the deal worked out for both teams. You guys get a up and coming star and a couple of draft picks. We get a RB who had potential to flourish with our U connection.

BufFan71
10-27-2007, 08:32 AM
he hasnt gone down on first contact in Baltimore. I think the deal worked out for both teams. You guys get a up and coming star and a couple of draft picks. We get a RB who had potential to flourish with our U connection.

i agree....

McGahee didnt wanna be here..... he obv likes it in Balt

like u said,
u got a young HB who still has a lot of potential to be very good

and we get a young(er) HB who fits our offense alot better than McGahee did

another + i can add is, that your 3rd rounder got us Trent Edwards

SuperKevin
10-28-2007, 01:06 AM
Prediction time

Buffalo 20 NYJ 17

Edwards throws for a TD and 2 INTs

Lynch rushes for 100+ yards and a TD

Geo
10-28-2007, 01:09 AM
I expect the Jets to keep eight in the box vs. Lynch and to double Evans all game, but hopefully that helps open up things for Edwards and other guys like Roscoe and Reed. I like the Bills too, the Jets still have a hole at left guard (nice job trading away Pete Kendall, idiots) and hopefully that bodes well for John McCargo who has been the Bills' best lineman so far this season.

SuperKevin
10-28-2007, 01:11 AM
I expect the Jets to keep eight in the box vs. Lynch and to double Evans all game, but hopefully that helps open up things for Edwards and other guys like Roscoe and Reed. I like the Bills too, the Jets still have a hole at left guard (nice job trading away Pete Kendall, idiots) and hopefully that bodes well for John McCargo who has been the Bills' best lineman so far this season.

I'm really not worried about the Jets defense with Jonathan Vilma and Justin Miller out

Bills2083
10-28-2007, 10:19 AM
Bills - 23
Jets - 14

Trent Edwards: 227 passing yards, 1 TD, 5 rushing yards
Marshawn Lynch: 114 rushing yards, 1 TD, 25 receiving yards
Lee Evans: 114 receivng yards, 1 TD
Roscoe Parrish: 45 receiving yards
Josh Reed: 28 receiving yards
Michael Gaines: 7 receiving yards
Robert Royal: 5 receiving yards
Dwayne Wright: 11 rushing yards, 3 receiving yards

(They'll all be right on the dot) http://boards.buffalobills.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

Billingsley26
10-28-2007, 01:10 PM
Buffalo 28
NY 10

Trent Edwards will complete about 75% of pases and throw for about 225 yards and 2 TD's.
Marshawn will go for about 115 yards and 1 TD.
Im calling on the defense/Special Teams to come up with a TD as well.

Bills2083
10-28-2007, 06:36 PM
Who do we start next week? IMO, it should be JP. He deserves another chance. He came into the game, and performed well.

Geo
10-28-2007, 06:40 PM
Lee Evans completely bailed out JP Losman on that touchdown play, that very well could have been a critical interception if Evans didn't fight for the ball and win. It looked like Evans actually stole an interception, I wouldn't give Losman credit for that play.

BufFan71
10-28-2007, 07:20 PM
Lee Evans completely bailed out JP Losman on that touchdown play, that very well could have been a critical interception if Evans didn't fight for the ball and win. It looked like Evans actually stole an interception, I wouldn't give Losman credit for that play.

i give credit b/c a good QB throws the ball and lets his WR make a play....

lee hasnt tried that hard to fight for the ball while Edwards was in

SuperKevin
10-28-2007, 07:41 PM
Man that game throws a wrench into the gears for next week. back to a QB controversey

Billingsley26
10-28-2007, 08:42 PM
i give credit b/c a good QB throws the ball and lets his WR make a play....

lee hasnt tried that hard to fight for the ball while Edwards was in

I couldnt disagree more.

A good QB throws the ball where only his WR can get it. Not where he lets his WR fight for it. He puts it where it doesnt have the chance to get it picked off.

SuperMcGee
10-28-2007, 08:47 PM
If Trent is healthy you have to suspect he will start. Hell even if he isn't they'll probably let Hamdan play in another attempt to keep JP from hitting incentives.

I still like JP as a starter. Plus he can get the ball into Schouman's hands. Either guy is fine with me, but you know how I feel about JP.

SuperKevin
10-29-2007, 12:08 AM
Seriously, how is this team 3-4???? If it weren't for the ineptitude of the Jets we'd be quite possibly one of the 3 worst teams in the NFL. I'm glad we're winning though because I don't think any of the consensus "top 10" picks would be helpful to our team.

jkb528
10-29-2007, 02:50 AM
Seriously, how is this team 3-4???? If it weren't for the ineptitude of the Jets we'd be quite possibly one of the 3 worst teams in the NFL. I'm glad we're winning though because I don't think any of the consensus "top 10" picks would be helpful to our team.

We could be 5-2 if we hand't blown 4th quarter leads to Denver and Dallas. Worst 5-2 team ever though...

Bills2083
10-29-2007, 08:27 AM

If it weren't for the bad play calling, we'd be 5-2 right now.

It doesn't matter how we get the wins, its just good that we got them.

SuperMcGee
10-29-2007, 11:39 AM
The player support for JP is glaring to me. Even the coaches were willing to let him shine and do his thing late in the game. I, for one, believe that in no way should the book have been closed on JP as our guy for the future, so the guys upstairs are really pissing me off.

SuperKevin
10-29-2007, 11:40 AM
The player support for JP is glaring to me. Even the coaches were willing to let him shine and do his thing late in the game. I, for one, believe that in no way should the book have been closed on JP as our guy for the future, so the guys upstairs are really pissing me off.

I have to agree with you. I don't think Lee Evans would have fought for that ball if it were thrown by Trent Edwards. The guys are looking out for the guys they've played with for years

BufFan71
10-29-2007, 06:49 PM
I have to agree with you. I don't think Lee Evans would have fought for that ball if it were thrown by Trent Edwards. The guys are looking out for the guys they've played with for years

losman is evans' best friend.

Dont u find it ironic that during those 5 passes losman attempted, 2 were deep balls?

i think edwards longest completion in the game was 17 yards

Bills2083
10-29-2007, 07:08 PM
Does anyone besides me think that if we go with Trent and get rid of JP in the offseason, Lee will opt out of the final year of his contract? (is that after this season? can someone please find out?) If JP is gone, I dont think that Lee would want to stick around.

IMO, if we go with Edwards, we are pretty much losing JP and Evans.

BufFan71
10-29-2007, 08:10 PM
Does anyone besides me think that if we go with Trent and get rid of JP in the offseason, Lee will opt out of the final year of his contract? (is that after this season? can someone please find out?) If JP is gone, I dont think that Lee would want to stick around.

IMO, if we go with Edwards, we are pretty much losing JP and Evans.

sounds just about right, and then we will draft a wr, and continue this cycle of making players good, and letting them leave because we cant win, and our owner is too cheap to pay money to keep good players

SuperKevin
10-29-2007, 08:13 PM
sounds just about right, and then we will draft a wr, and continue this cycle of making players good, and letting them leave because we cant win, and our owner is too cheap to pay money to keep good players

I feel even if Ralph wilson opened up his checkbook it'd be hard to attract FA's to the glamorous lifestyle of Buffalo, NY. Not everybody loves Applebees as much as Marshawn Lynch

Billingsley26
11-01-2007, 09:23 AM
I wanna throw something by you guys.

All along, since JP has been ok to play from his injury, we have heard a lot of talk about how the Bills players would really behind JP and would play harder for JP. Well, as I see it right now, I dont think they could play harder. The offense moves the ball. They have long drives that are very time consuming, their only problem is they cant finish it. Thats not something they can work on. If you ask me, the defense is playing hard as Ive could've ever imagined and I think you have to agree. The OL has been much better in protecting Trent Edwards (Maybe thats just Trents poise over JP's), you can compare the run games, but if you look at the stats, its pretty consistent throughout. The WR have been more productive.

Im not really buying into this. People can say what they want about Lee Evans, and he can say what he wants. Lee is a baller, and will show every week. Case and point is the Dallas game. He could've easily let Newman run it back, but Lee ran him down and forced the fumble. I just think that this team is made up of a bunch of blue collared players that will bust their ass each game for the best of the team.

SuperMcGee
11-01-2007, 11:40 AM
I wanna throw something by you guys.

All along, since JP has been ok to play from his injury, we have heard a lot of talk about how the Bills players would really behind JP and would play harder for JP. Well, as I see it right now, I dont think they could play harder. The offense moves the ball. They have long drives that are very time consuming, their only problem is they cant finish it. Thats not something they can work on. If you ask me, the defense is playing hard as Ive could've ever imagined and I think you have to agree. The OL has been much better in protecting Trent Edwards (Maybe thats just Trents poise over JP's), you can compare the run games, but if you look at the stats, its pretty consistent throughout. The WR have been more productive.

Im not really buying into this. People can say what they want about Lee Evans, and he can say what he wants. Lee is a baller, and will show every week. Case and point is the Dallas game. He could've easily let Newman run it back, but Lee ran him down and forced the fumble. I just think that this team is made up of a bunch of blue collared players that will bust their ass each game for the best of the team.

My point was that out of words physically coming out of these players' mouths, some of them seem to be really behind JP

I don't think it's "just Trent's poise over JP". The o-line is better. We saw Losman get the benefits of it for his few series on Sunday, as well.

The D is indeed better. One thing we need to see is if Losman can sustain drives with the o-line how it is now. Because Trent has done a decent job sustaining drives, and our defense is getting its rest and playing its best as a result.

art vandelay
11-01-2007, 11:48 AM
I think you all know where I stand. JP4NOW and 4THEFUTURE. I just think we need JP's arm in windy Buffalo weather. Also, although JP doesn't have the poise that Trent does, I am a little worried about the Bledsoe-esque tendencies that Edwards flashes occasionally. He will hold onto the ball in the pocket way too long sometimes which leads to sacks and fumbles and he also has made some really bad decisions when he has been pressured. I am not just talking about the INT's that he has thrown either. He's had a few more that definitely could have been picked. Now of course I'm not saying JP hasn't had some bonehead throws in the past (ie: Chicago game last year, yuck), but JP's only pick this year came off a deflected ball. You could say that the recent bomb to Lee could have been picked but like most others have said, he fights for the QB he wants to play with.

What pissed me off in the beginning of the season when JP was starting was that they would not open up the playbook for him. After the great success he had last year throwing the deep ball, it seemed like they wanted him to be a west coast QB (like Edwards). We all know that JP by nature is a gunslinger like Favre and Cutler. I think it's got to be hard for the offense to play with two very different kinds of QB's. I am pro-JP and probably always will be. What's going to happen is that we are going to not re-sign JP and then he will become a Pro-Bowler somewhere else. JP is also a huge advocate of the city which would really be nice to have in our starting QB.

P.S. I DO believe that the bonus due to JP is a large part as to why he hasn't been starting.

art vandelay
11-01-2007, 12:18 PM
I feel even if Ralph wilson opened up his checkbook it'd be hard to attract FA's to the glamorous lifestyle of Buffalo, NY. Not everybody loves Applebees as much as Marshawn Lynch

Strangely Mike Williams loved Buffalo and told Dockery he would like it up here. Then again, he probably did love Applebees more than Lynch. He never got to experience Dave & Buster's though.

IMO, Buffalo would be a pretty nice spot for a family man (Dockery) but not so great for single guys who want to spread their seeds all over (McGahee).

art vandelay
11-01-2007, 12:22 PM

Then again, could Edwards have made that throw to give us a chance in the first place? I for one don't think so.

Billingsley26
11-01-2007, 01:43 PM
I think you all know where I stand. JP4NOW and 4THEFUTURE. I just think we need JP's arm in windy Buffalo weather. Also, although JP doesn't have the poise that Trent does, I am a little worried about the Bledsoe-esque tendencies that Edwards flashes occasionally. He will hold onto the ball in the pocket way too long sometimes which leads to sacks and fumbles and he also has made some really bad decisions when he has been pressured. I am not just talking about the INT's that he has thrown either. He's had a few more that definitely could have been picked. Now of course I'm not saying JP hasn't had some bonehead throws in the past (ie: Chicago game last year, yuck), but JP's only pick this year came off a deflected ball. You could say that the recent bomb to Lee could have been picked but like most others have said, he fights for the QB he wants to play with.

What pissed me off in the beginning of the season when JP was starting was that they would not open up the playbook for him. After the great success he had last year throwing the deep ball, it seemed like they wanted him to be a west coast QB (like Edwards). We all know that JP by nature is a gunslinger like Favre and Cutler. I think it's got to be hard for the offense to play with two very different kinds of QB's. I am pro-JP and probably always will be. What's going to happen is that we are going to not re-sign JP and then he will become a Pro-Bowler somewhere else. JP is also a huge advocate of the city which would really be nice to have in our starting QB.

P.S. I DO believe that the bonus due to JP is a large part as to why he hasn't been starting.

I respect yor views. But I for one have to point out that as the games have gone on, Trent has gone on to throw the deep ball. We saw it in the Ravens game. Each week, like Ive said before, hes getting better and improving on one facet each game. We have now seen him throw the deep ball, and we are aware that he can do it.

As for what ou said about not opening up the playbook. I agree with you. They didnt open it up until they saw the defense making plays. I dont think it was until after the Dallas game that they opened it up for Edwards either. It took the defense two games to make plays for them to open it up for Edwards to. So, im going to assume, that whoever is to start from now on, will have a pretty good shot at going deep and trying new things.

The difference between when Drew holds the ball and when Trent holds on to the ball is huge. Drew would hold on to it, and just stand there like and idiot. Trent holds on to it, yet he doesnt get sacked alot. Not near how much JP gets sackedpressured/hurried. Trent will stay in the pocket till the last second. Where we've seen JP will run out of the pocket at the first sight of trouble. I would not compare JP's arm to Favre's arm. JP throws a nice deep ball, and a hard deep ball, but he isnt a gunslinger. If its in the 10-15 yard range. JP wont throw sling it in there like Favre would.

SuperMcGee
11-01-2007, 02:12 PM
I respect yor views. But I for one have to point out that as the games have gone on, Trent has gone on to throw the deep ball. We saw it in the Ravens game. Each week, like Ive said before, hes getting better and improving on one facet each game. We have now seen him throw the deep ball, and we are aware that he can do it.

We're yet to see a sharp deep completion from Trent.

If its in the 10-15 yard range. JP wont throw sling it in there like Favre would.

I have definitely seen JP do just that numerous times, splitting defenders and gunning it in.

Bills2083
11-01-2007, 02:23 PM
^He did that in the game vs. the Jets. I recall a few times that he did it. One I remember clearly is the time he threw a bullet to Evans who was sliding to the ground

Bills2083
11-01-2007, 04:24 PM
Chad Johnson didn't practice today because of an ankle injury. Hopefully it keeps him out for this week.

http://assets.buffalobills.com/images/billsblogh3.gif
Chad Johnson doesn't practice

Today
Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 4:29 PM ET | Link (http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=2247)

CHAD JOHNSON DOESN'T PRACTICE: Bengals WR Chad Johnson did not practice Thursday due to an ankle injury. We'll have more on his status tomorrow.

Already out for the game will be Cincy starting RT Willie Anderson (knee) and starting MLB Ahmad Brooks (groin) which means Andrew Whitworth and Anthony Schlegel will start at tackle and MLB respectively.

WLB Caleb Miller also missed practice Thursday as did DT John Thornton.

DE Justin Smith was limited in practice with a hamstring injury.

RB Rudi Johnson participated fully for a second straight day.

Billingsley26
11-01-2007, 05:48 PM
We're yet to see a sharp deep completion from Trent.

To me, against the Ravens, Trent threw that deep ball on the money to Lee, but Lee bobbled the ball and almost lost it. THe ball was right where it needed to be. Perfect throw.

I have definitely seen JP do just that numerous times, splitting defenders and gunning it in.

JP does not throw it like Favre does. I wouldnt make that comparison. JP has a good arm, dont get me wrong, but he doesnt have the arm that Favre has. No way. He can't throw through traffic and thread the needle like Favre can.

SuperMcGee
11-01-2007, 06:35 PM
JP does not throw it like Favre does. I wouldnt make that comparison. JP has a good arm, dont get me wrong, but he doesnt have the arm that Favre has. No way. He can't throw through traffic and thread the needle like Favre can.

I'm not going to compare JP to a HOFer here, but like I said, I've seen him do just that. My mind is set on that because I know for a fact that he has done it on multiple occasions.

SuperKevin
11-05-2007, 12:15 AM
I hate to throw out a potential jinx but this team has an outside chance at making the playoffs. We have winnable games left against Miami(x2), Washington, Cleveland, Jacksonville, and Philly. If we win those games we go 10-6 and more than likely get a wild card spot. And to think we should have won the denver and Dallas games.

Dick Jauron should have coach of the year locked up

Billingsley26
11-05-2007, 12:29 AM
I hate to throw out a potential jinx but this team has an outside chance at making the playoffs. We have winnable games left against Miami(x2), Washington, Cleveland, Jacksonville, and Philly. If we win those games we go 10-6 and more than likely get a wild card spot. And to think we should have won the denver and Dallas games.

Dick Jauron should have coach of the year locked up

Funny how everyone in WNY is loving Dick Jauron right now, yet about 3-4 weeks ago, just about everyone in WNY wanted him fired, effective immediateley. Makes me laugh.

Bills2083
11-05-2007, 06:25 AM
Funny how everyone in WNY is loving Dick Jauron right now, yet about 3-4 weeks ago, just about everyone in WNY wanted him fired, effective immediateley. Makes me laugh.

not me.

He lost us those games against Denver and Dallas. I'm still mad about that. If he knew what he was doing, we would be 6-2 and have a much better chance of making the playoffs

Billingsley26
11-05-2007, 08:06 AM
not me.

He lost us those games against Denver and Dallas. I'm still mad about that. If he knew what he was doing, we would be 6-2 and have a much better chance of making the playoffs

I think there is so much more to those losses than just Jauron. I dont blame him. After all, he put the scheme together to keep us into it against Dallas. The reason I dont blame him is because in one game, especially the Dallas game, there are so many more things you can blame the team for than the last play call for the defense.

art vandelay
11-05-2007, 09:05 AM
I think our coaching staff does deserve accolades. The fact that we have had so many injuries and are literally 2 seconds away from being 6-2 is amazing to me.

BufFan71
11-05-2007, 05:30 PM
our defense has been playing nearly lights out these past few weeks

Number 10
11-05-2007, 08:56 PM
Just wanted to hear your thoughts regarding what you guys did to make Romo look silly a few weeks ago.

Billingsley26
11-05-2007, 09:09 PM
Just wanted to hear your thoughts regarding what you guys did to make Romo look silly a few weeks ago.

The Bills stacked 7-8 guys on the Line of scrimmage almost every play, and played a press coverage. It gave the LB/DL just enough time to drop back into coverage. They used just about every player in coverage. It messed with Romo, and they couldnt run on that defense because there was a player lined up in every gap. Romo looked confused as to who to throw to because he had no read as to who was dropping back. IT was one of the best defensive schmes ive ever seen in football.

Number 10
11-05-2007, 09:20 PM
The Bills stacked 7-8 guys on the Line of scrimmage almost every play, and played a press coverage. It gave the LB/DL just enough time to drop back into coverage. They used just about every player in coverage. It messed with Romo, and they couldnt run on that defense because there was a player lined up in every gap. Romo looked confused as to who to throw to because he had no read as to who was dropping back. IT was one of the best defensive schmes ive ever seen in football.

Now....correct me if I'm wrong. But you guys usually did not rush more than 4 players, correct? You were usually dropping 7 into coverage...man on the outside and was it man with the LBs as well? How did you guys deal with Witten?

Billingsley26
11-05-2007, 09:28 PM
Now....correct me if I'm wrong. But you guys usually did not rush more than 4 players, correct? You were usually dropping 7 into coverage...man on the outside and was it man with the LBs as well? How did you guys deal with Witten?

Yes, we didnt usually rush more than 4. At times we would send more. But your right for the most part. They seemed to play a cover two man. The Lb's were manned up for the most part, but it also seemed that they played the Tampa 2 with John Digiorgio in the deep middle. They could use the DE or the OLB to man up with the TE/SB.

Jason Witten ate us alive. He had a good 9-10 catches for around 100 yards and a TD. We just didnt have anyone big enough to keep up with him. We held TO in tact. Jabari Greer was awesome in manning him up.

SuperMcGee
11-07-2007, 01:46 PM
NO!! We're boned:

Today
Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 12:09 PM ET | Link (http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=2295)

PRACTICE UPDATE: As we already reported Trent Edwards is back practicing as the #2. He's throwing passes. Not practicing is Derek Schouman who was watching on the sidelines with his right leg in an immobilizer boot. Dick Jauron said Monday it was an ankle problem.
"It was an ankle and I’m not sure what they’re going to call it," said Jauron Monday. "You hate to have them put that one term on it. We’ll have to wait and see."
Looking at Schouman in an immobilizer boot it looks as though it is a high ankle sprain. Further evidence that Schouman won't be available this week is Matt Murphy is back working at tight end and wearing jersey number 87. He had been working the past few weeks at offensive tackle.
John DiGiorgio is not practicing as well as Roscoe Parrish.

BufFan71
11-07-2007, 05:49 PM
how are we boned?
Edwards is finally back on the bench

Billingsley26
11-07-2007, 05:58 PM
how are we boned?

HAHA, im gonna take this as a joke. Im going to be honest, JP would not have beaten the Ravens, plaing and simple. I think he would've lost one of them agais the Jets. So let me ask you this. Would you still be happy with JP if we were 2-6 right now? Didnt think so.

Give respect where respect is due. Trent did a hell of a job controlling the clock and moving the ball, in minimizing mistakes. Something JP has one hell of a time doing. Im telling you right now. I dont expect anything out of the NE unless Trent is playing. Not saying we will win with Trent as the QB, but I think Trent gives us the best chance to beat NE.

I got a feeling that Jauron is letting Trent heal, knowing we are paying the Dolphins this week, and saving him up for the NE game.

SuperMcGee
11-07-2007, 06:43 PM
how are we boned?

Ugghhh. I'm talking Schouman here, people. You know, a position that actually matters.

HAHA, im gonna take this as a joke. Im going to be honest, JP would not have beaten the Ravens, plaing and simple. I think he would've lost one of them agais the Jets. So let me ask you this. Would you still be happy with JP if we were 2-6 right now? Didnt think so.

Give respect where respect is due. Trent did a hell of a job controlling the clock and moving the ball, in minimizing mistakes. Something JP has one hell of a time doing. Im telling you right now. I dont expect anything out of the NE unless Trent is playing. Not saying we will win with Trent as the QB, but I think Trent gives us the best chance to beat NE.

I got a feeling that Jauron is letting Trent heal, knowing we are paying the Dolphins this week, and saving him up for the NE game.

-HOW HOW HOW would JP not have beaten the Jets?? Or the Ravens for that matter?

I'm going to be honest, JP would've beaten Dallas. Would you be unhappy with 5-3 right now? Didnt think so. [/mocking you]

See, I can make fun claims, too. Although this one probably had a better chance of happening than anyone starting for us losing to the Jets, although Edwards was pushing it in our second meeting.

-JP finally played a game with our o-line as it is now, and we dominated the time of possession. Awful defense, I know. He did not do it in his early games, but don't tell me he can't sustain drives right now when there isn't enough action behind this OL to prove either side of that argument. It's a different unit than from the first couple games.

Billingsley26
11-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Ugghhh. I'm talking Schouman here, people. You know, a position that actually matters.

-HOW HOW HOW would JP not have beaten the Jets?? Or the Ravens for that matter?

I'm going to be honest, JP would've beaten Dallas. Would you be unhappy with 5-3 right now? Didnt think so. [/mocking you]

See, I can make fun claims, too. Although this one probably had a better chance of happening than anyone starting for us losing to the Jets, although Edwards was pushing it in our second meeting.

-JP finally played a game with our o-line as it is now, and we dominated the time of possession. Awful defense, I know. He did not do it in his early games, but don't tell me he can't sustain drives right now when there isn't enough action behind this OL to prove either side of that argument. It's a different unit than from the first couple games.

Allright, with Trent in there we would be 5-3 at worst as well, because he would have provided some offense across the middle of the field agaisnt Denver! Something JP couldnt do.

Please dont tell me about how well JP stood in the pocket agaisnt Cincinatti. Cincinatti's starting DE was plaing LB. They are a horrible defense and had no pressure all day. Not knocking the DL, but I can tell you against Miami, people, JP will not produce as well a you think he will. With Jason Taylor in his face all day, you'll see that your precious boy aint that pretty.

SuperMcGee
11-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Allright, with Trent in there we would be 5-3 at worst as well, because he would have provided some offense across the middle of the field agaisnt Denver! Something JP couldnt do.

Please dont tell me about how well JP stood in the pocket agaisnt Cincinatti. Cincinatti's starting DE was plaing LB. They are a horrible defense and had no pressure all day. Not knocking the DL, but I can tell you against Miami, people, JP will not produce as well a you think he will. With Jason Taylor in his face all day, you'll see that your precious boy aint that pretty.

....I won't. If I recall correctly from the post you quoted, I said we can't make a call yet on JP behind this line, and that Cincy's D was awful.

I'll admit what I see after the Miami game. But it hasn't happened yet.
Please stop saying everything as fact, it's really starting to irk me.

BufFan71
11-08-2007, 05:29 PM

J Taylor Wont be in jp's face this year

Billingsley26
11-11-2007, 01:35 PM
So this is the JP Losman tht all you guys are riding his nuts? Geez, come on, Four 3 and outs is stupid, against an 0-8 team!!! Please dont give me any excuses. "Apparenlty" the Bills players are backing him up, and only want to play for him. Sure looks like it doesnt it. JP has had all the time he needs, and he is his usual self. Locking on to Lee, and when Lee isnt open, he stands there like an ashole and gets sacked.

I am ready to put Gibran Hamden in. He couldnt do a worse job.

art vandelay
11-11-2007, 03:17 PM
I'll take the W.

5-4.

Bills2083
11-11-2007, 04:16 PM
^ yeah, that.

JP did look terrible though.

Geo
11-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Losman was abysmal in the first half. I literally was sure that he was trying to throw the game. The guy either couldn't hit open receivers or was throwing it to those blanketed by coverage.

It's the reason why the game was as close as it was. Game ball goes to the entire defense, no doubt.

SuperMcGee
11-11-2007, 05:02 PM
Losman was abysmal in the first half. I literally was sure that he was trying to throw the game. The guy either couldn't hit open receivers or was throwing it to those blanketed by coverage.

It's the reason why the game was as close as it was. Game ball goes to the entire defense, no doubt.

He was. Well, not to lose it, but to make the Patriots feel more comfortable than they should :)

...ok, he was atrocious.

Billingsley26
11-11-2007, 06:33 PM
He was. Well, not to lose it, but to make the Patriots feel more comfortable than they should :)

...ok, he was atrocious.

Im convinced that he should no longer be an NFL QB. This game just solidified every belief I had about Lossman. Locks onto WR, stand in the pocket too long, doesnt hit the check down. Hes done as far Im concerned.

Trent gives us the best chance to win, and there is no arguing that. If JP Lossman starts next week, Im predicting a 52-0 score. JP cannot hold a drive or sustain one. Trent does, and he miimizes mistakes. Im pissed the hell off because of Lossman. Hes garbage, and I think that personally the worst thing was for him to play against the worst defense in the league in the Bengals and get his low hopes up.

I think there is no chance but to start Trent Edwards and bench JP Lossman next week.

Geo
11-11-2007, 06:37 PM
Trent Edwards may not deliver the big play, but he makes the small plays. He delivers the ball accurately and quickly, making his reads - probably faster than Losman.

The one big negative is the 4th quarter interception he's prone to throw, as a rookie.

BufFan71
11-11-2007, 07:11 PM
So this is the JP Losman tht all you guys are riding his nuts? Geez, come on, Four 3 and outs is stupid, against an 0-8 team!!! Please dont give me any excuses. "Apparenlty" the Bills players are backing him up, and only want to play for him. Sure looks like it doesnt it. JP has had all the time he needs, and he is his usual self. Locking on to Lee, and when Lee isnt open, he stands there like an ashole and gets sacked.

I am ready to put Gibran Hamden in. He couldnt do a worse job.

Losman has a Edwards-like day, and gets blasted for it

Losman played pretty good in the second half, and has the heart of a champion, and can actually lead a team to victory

art vandelay
11-11-2007, 07:19 PM
You can't take out JP now. He's basically won 3 straight and deserves a chance to start against New England.

Billingsley26
11-11-2007, 07:24 PM
Losman has a Edwards-like day, and gets blasted for it

Losman played pretty good in the second half, and has the heart of a champion, and can actually lead a team to victory

WHAT??!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

Trent doesnt go 3 and out 4 times in a row and not complete a pass until the 2 minute warning. Edwards has poise to stand in the pocket and hit the check down when nothing is deep. Lossman on the other hand, doesnt have naything deep, and does one of two thing

1. Still throws deep
2. holds onto the ball like an idiot.

Trent sustains drives, something that Lossman has trouble doing. Even against the Jets, Trent had a 14 play, 10 minute drive. And your telling me he had an Edwards type day. Please. Get off the pot.

rocco31fb
11-12-2007, 03:18 PM
There is nothing I hate more than a QB Controversy. If it was cut and dry like it was with JOhnson/Flutie, we'd have something to talk about. Yes they should have killed them yesterday, but JP has to stay in against NE. They opened up the playbook in the 2nd half yesterday (they actually ran a screen to the RB!!!). I think JP gives them the best chance to win against the better teams in the league and the guys seemed to rally around JP yesterday during the comeback.

BufFan71
11-12-2007, 03:23 PM
WHAT??!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

Trent doesnt go 3 and out 4 times in a row and not complete a pass until the 2 minute warning. Edwards has poise to stand in the pocket and hit the check down when nothing is deep. Lossman on the other hand, doesnt have naything deep, and does one of two thing

1. Still throws deep
2. holds onto the ball like an idiot.

Trent sustains drives, something that Lossman has trouble doing. Even against the Jets, Trent had a 14 play, 10 minute drive. And your telling me he had an Edwards type day. Please. Get off the pot.

just one?

but yeah if Gaines doesnt drop that SURE td, then a lot of Trent Lovers wouldnt complain so much

Billingsley26
11-12-2007, 03:25 PM
There is nothing I hate more than a QB Controversy. If it was cut and dry like it was with JOhnson/Flutie, we'd have something to talk about. Yes they should have killed them yesterday, but JP has to stay in against NE. They opened up the playbook in the 2nd half yesterday (they actually ran a screen to the RB!!!). I think JP gives them the best chance to win against the better teams in the league and the guys seemed to rally around JP yesterday during the comeback.

You guys dont understand how pathetic it really sounds to hear how they guys rallied around JP Lossman to beat the Dolphins. I think Trent gives us the best chance to win, no doubt. He makes throws to keep the ball moving, and really works the clock well. Alot better than Lossman does. Trent doesnt go 3 and out 4 straight times, then throw a pick on this next posession. I am all for getting JP Lossman out of Buffalo.

BTW, Is no one else seeing how bad JP is? No one is seeing how he locks on to Lee Evans? I mean I could say locks on to WR, but its just Lee who he locks on to. No one is seeing this. Oh man, any day I would take Trent over JP, any day of the week. You guys cant give me 3 good reason why you should take JP Lossman over Trent. And the guys playing harder for JP is not true. Case and point is the Dallas game.

rocco31fb
11-12-2007, 03:29 PM
You guys dont understand how pathetic it really sounds to hear how they guys rallied around JP Lossman to beat the Dolphins. I think Trent gives us the best chance to win, no doubt. He makes throws to keep the ball moving, and really works the clock well. Alot better than Lossman does. Trent doesnt go 3 and out 4 straight times, then throw a pick on this next posession. I am all for getting JP Lossman out of Buffalo.

BTW, Is no one else seeing how bad JP is? No one is seeing how he locks on to Lee Evans? I mean I could say locks on to WR, but its just Lee who he locks on to. No one is seeing this. Oh man, any day I would take Trent over JP, any day of the week. You guys cant give me 3 good reason why you should take JP Lossman over Trent. And the guys playing harder for JP is not true. Case and point is the Dallas game.

I don't think either QB is good. Trent looks "amazing" because he is a rookie. We're 5-4, one game out of the Wild Card, and you want to put the season in the hands of a rookie, who blew the Dallas game and almost the Baltimore game, btw. They both have negatives, yes JP locks onto Lee Evans, but he has still played well enough to stay the starter. If we had lost yesterday, or were 3-6, I'd say go with Edwards.

SuperMcGee
11-12-2007, 03:32 PM
Hey guys, how big was the ST yesterday

Moorman's punt to the 1 and expert downing by those two guys (Wendling might've kept it out of the endzone, I can't remember) leading to our first points. Lindell's money FG. Parrish's great return that setup the game winning FG. Scary moment with Ginn's called back return, but that all worked out. We killed them in starting field position.

Losman = super clutch!!!!!! WOOOOO greatest everrrrrrrrr

BufFan71
11-12-2007, 03:54 PM
I don't think either QB is good. Trent looks "amazing" because he is a rookie. We're 5-4, one game out of the Wild Card, and you want to put the season in the hands of a rookie, who blew the Dallas game and almost the Baltimore game, btw. They both have negatives, yes JP locks onto Lee Evans, but he has still played well enough to stay the starter. If we had lost yesterday, or were 3-6, I'd say go with Edwards.

Edwards pretty much blew the Dallas game....
how many offensive TD's did we score?
how many turnovers did the defense get for us?
how great was the field position for Edwards?

11-12-2007, 05:52 PM

i agree honestly neither is good enough for the long term and until the bills realize this they will not turn the corner and become a true contender in this league

Billingsley26
11-12-2007, 06:33 PM

I could not disagree more. Trent looks amazing because he sustains drives. Trent stands in the pocket with poise and hits the check down. Trent throws a good ball and avoids rolling out, yet minimizes sacks. Trent doesnt take many risks and in Buffalo's situation that is good.

JP stands in the pocket for a long time. Doesn't hit the check down. He locks on to one WR. He does throw a good deep ball, and has some good accuracy throwing the deep ball.

I do not want to see JP Lossman start this week. Everyone is making a huge case about not doing anything about Dallas. Trent was in his 2nd start on primetime tv, against the "then #3 team" in the league. It was a good front 7 they were playing, and they were blitzing Trent all day. Did Trent really make many bad plays? Other than the INT he threw? Get off his case. He dam near won the game. And I can guarantee you that JP would have thrown at least 2 INT's in that game.

Billingsley26
11-12-2007, 06:39 PM
i agree honestly neither is good enough for the long term and until the bills realize this they will not turn the corner and become a true contender in this league

Let me help you out. JP Lossman is not the long term future. Trent Edwards is. Trent is probably one of the best fundemantally QB in the draft last year, if not THE best. He has all the tools to be good. I see Trent Edwards being used as a Ben Roethlisberger. Under 20 passes thrown a game, but he completes many of the passes, and doesnt turn the ball over. Trent is the future of this team, and will do many great things.

SuperMcGee
11-12-2007, 06:57 PM
Billingsley - STOP making claims/"guarantees" you can't back up and overrating Trent as he is right now.

BufFan - stop going overboard in your argument for JP.

619 - How can you possibly say, at this point, that Trent can't be the QB of the future for this team?

BufFan71
11-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Let me help you out. JP Lossman is not the long term future. Trent Edwards is. Trent is probably one of the best fundemantally QB in the draft last year, if not THE best. He has all the tools to be good. I see Trent Edwards being used as a Ben Roethlisberger. Under 20 passes thrown a game, but he completes many of the passes, and doesnt turn the ball over. Trent is the future of this team, and will do many great things.

then why was he drafted in the 3rd round?

Billingsley26
11-12-2007, 08:02 PM
then why was he drafted in the 3rd round?

College production, injuries at college. Those are the two biggest. He had 2 major injuries that I can remember off hand that cuased him to lose most of 2 years. Not to mention he was sacked ALOT, and had almost not help around him.

Billingsley26
11-12-2007, 08:05 PM
Billingsley - STOP making claims/"guarantees" you can't back up and overrating Trent as he is right now.

BufFan - stop going overboard in your argument for JP.

619 - How can you possibly say, at this point, that Trent can't be the QB of the future for this team?

How am I making claims that cant be backed up? I along with many others have thought that Trent has poise in the pocket. And isnt this shown by the lack of errant throws he makes? Belief and Fact. Trent does sustain long drives. Check Trent's drives while he started and compare them to that of JP's, and then tell me that is jibberish, because Trent moves the ball and keeps drives alive. Belief and Fact. Trent doesnt take many risks. Tell me does then! 75% of the time, Trent hits the checkdown, because he doesnt see anything open down the field, thus not taking any risks down the field. Belief and Fact.

Tell me how I am not backing things up, or did you need that to help you?

BufFan71
11-12-2007, 08:19 PM
How am I making claims that cant be backed up? I along with many others have thought that Trent has poise in the pocket. And isnt this shown by the lack of errant throws he makes? Belief and Fact. Trent does sustain long drives. Check Trent's drives while he started and compare them to that of JP's, and then tell me that is jibberish, because Trent moves the ball and keeps drives alive. Belief and Fact. Trent doesnt take many risks. Tell me does then! 75% of the time, Trent hits the checkdown, because he doesnt see anything open down the field, thus not taking any risks down the field. Belief and Fact.

i was a huge edwards supporter up until the Jets game where he got hurt, and they put losman in

Bills2083
11-12-2007, 08:23 PM

Lets say that Edwards throws 20 passes in a game. His current completion percentage is 66.7%. His average average is 6.5 yards. So, in a standard game, he'll complete 13 passes x 6.5 yards = 84.5 yards.

On average, he'll throw 84.5 yards a game with 1 interception and .2 touchdowns (remember, this is average).

SuperMcGee
11-12-2007, 08:46 PM

I'm talking about when you say "Losman would not have beaten the Jets" or "Losman would have had more INT against Dallas".

I know what there is to know about both of these quarterbacks, don't worry about that.

SuperMcGee
11-12-2007, 08:52 PM
Lets say that Edwards throws 20 passes in a game. His current completion percentage is 66.7%. His average average is 6.5 yards. So, in a standard game, he'll complete 13 passes x 6.5 yards = 84.5 yards.

On average, he'll throw 84.5 yards a game with 1 interception and .2 touchdowns (remember, this is average).

6.5 is his yards per attempt. So it'd be 6.5 by the 20, which is like 130.

I doubt he'd have under 20 attemtps a game, anyway

Bills2083
11-12-2007, 08:59 PM
well still, 130 yards is not going to get wins on a consistent basis.

SuperMcGee
11-12-2007, 09:08 PM
well still, 130 yards is not going to get wins on a consistent basis.

No it would not. Of course there is no reason to expect only 20 attempts a game anyway.

Bills2083
11-12-2007, 09:47 PM
^I'm just going off of what Billingsley said. I never said that he would throw 20 passes a game.

rocco31fb
11-13-2007, 08:04 AM
I could not disagree more. Trent looks amazing because he sustains drives. Trent stands in the pocket with poise and hits the check down. Trent throws a good ball and avoids rolling out, yet minimizes sacks. Trent doesnt take many risks and in Buffalo's situation that is good.

JP stands in the pocket for a long time. Doesn't hit the check down. He locks on to one WR. He does throw a good deep ball, and has some good accuracy throwing the deep ball.

I do not want to see JP Lossman start this week. Everyone is making a huge case about not doing anything about Dallas. Trent was in his 2nd start on primetime tv, against the "then #3 team" in the league. It was a good front 7 they were playing, and they were blitzing Trent all day. Did Trent really make many bad plays? Other than the INT he threw? Get off his case. He dam near won the game. And I can guarantee you that JP would have thrown at least 2 INT's in that game.

See this is what pisses me off. Because Trent ALMOST won the Dallas game, he's supposed to be the next Jim Kelly. He didn't ALMOST win the game, he HAD the game, and he threw it away. The Defense ALMOST won that game, but the offense couldn't get anything going.

Yes I know it was against a top defense, but you can either take a QB who will try and win the game (JP) or take a QB who will try not to lose the game (Trent). Personally, I want the guy who will try and win the game, not make the short passes because he's not supposed to take a shot down the field.

SuperMcGee
11-14-2007, 12:34 PM
Massaquoi and Cieslak, I'll take it. Doesn't equate to 1/10 of what schouman gave us, but I liked them both.

Also, up to 12 on the IR counter!

Bills2083
11-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Lynch might not play Sunday!

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5558

Lynch Status For Sunday Night In Question
by Chris Brown, Lead Journalist Last Updated: 11/14/2007 2:50 PM ET

There's a chance the catalyst for Buffalo's offense won't be available for the Bills' biggest game of the season. Marshawn Lynch did not practice with his Bills teammates Wednesday morning putting his status for Sunday night's game against the undefeated New England Patriots in question.

"He's very sore," said head coach Dick Jauron. "We're not optimistic."

Lynch is still recovering from an ankle injury suffered late in the fourth quarter of last Sunday's game against Miami. On Monday head coach Dick Jauron stated that Lynch felt he would be able to play Sunday night. But on Wednesday when asked if it could be more than a one week injury Jauron responded in the affirmative.

"Yes," said Jauron. "But players heal at different rates and he's a little bit different. We'll just see how he comes through the week and if we have to turn to our other backs we will. We feel good about all of them."

Buffalo's offense, which has scored more than one offensive touchdown just twice in nine games would sorely miss their featured back, especially when facing the league's highest scoring offense in New England.

For the most part Lynch has been Buffalo's offense this season accounting for 36 percent of the team's total yardage and has had a hand in seven of the team's 10 offensive touchdowns this season, scoring six on the ground with one passing touchdown to Robert Royal.

Fellow rookie Dwayne Wright has seen the most work on the ground for the Bills behind Lynch, logging 25 carries this season for 76 yards.

Currently the league's fifth-leading rusher, Lynch has gained a lot of respect not only in his own locker room, but around the league as well.

"I think Lynch is a terrific back," said Patriots head coach Bill Belichick. "I had a very high regard for him coming out in the draft. He's been everything and more. If you need tough yards he's got the balance and vision to find a crack there and get what's there and maybe get another yard or two on his own. I thought the run he had for the two-point conversion (last week) was a great run. He's as dangerous as any player we've faced at that position because he can hurt you in so many different ways."

Whether the Patriots have to worry about all that Lynch brings to the field on game day come Sunday night remains to be seen.

Bills2083
11-14-2007, 02:24 PM
also, we only have 4 cornerbacks on the roster now. That's not good. What happens if one goes down during the game? We'll have 3, so will Wendling, Leonhard, or Scott move to CB?

SuperMcGee
11-14-2007, 02:26 PM
Coach Dick Jauron indicated Monday that Marshawn Lynch's ankle injury is more severe than the typical sprain and could force him out multiple weeks.

Buffalo is prepared to go with Anthony Thomas as its starter and Dwayne Wright as his oft-used backup. Wright might be the favorite for goal-line carries, while Thomas would get the majority of the touches. Fred Jackson could also be used sparingly. After New England, the Bills face Jacksonville and Washington, it won't be an easy road for a makeshift ground game.

Totally totally totally totally lame.

Our only chance is Fred Jackson ;)

But seriously this blows. Hard.

SuperMcGee
11-14-2007, 02:36 PM
also, we only have 4 cornerbacks on the roster now. That's not good. What happens if one goes down during the game? We'll have 3, so will Wendling, Leonhard, or Scott move to CB?

We're fine with 9 DB. Leonhard is adept to extra defensive back sets. Either he took over at safety and Donte covered the nickel role or he just took over himself. Either way I think he was always next for that package after Kiwaukee.

Not sure if it's comforting having Butler and a 5'8 safety in against the Pats weapons, but we have enough guys there.

Is Fox still on the PS?
How healthy is Youboty?

Billingsley26
11-14-2007, 03:03 PM
We're fine with 9 DB. Leonhard is adept to extra defensive back sets. Either he took over at safety and Donte covered the nickel role or he just took over himself. Either way I think he was always next for that package after Kiwaukee.

Not sure if it's comforting having Butler and a 5'8 safety in against the Pats weapons, but we have enough guys there.

Is Fox still on the PS?
How healthy is Youboty?

I know Youboty's brother, and he is saying that Ashton is healthy, and practised all last week and dressed for the Cincy game. Im not sure if it's true, I cat say I noticed him there. But he is supposedly doing well.

Billingsley26
11-14-2007, 03:11 PM
Totally totally totally totally lame.

Our only chance is Fred Jackson ;)

But seriously this blows. Hard.

You know, this is the year of the backup running back! It seems as though every RB that steps in to fill the void of the starter seems to be quite successful. Not saying its going to happen, but there is more than a good shot at it happening.

I actually like Dwayne Wright, and I have always been an A-Train fan, especially when he comes in and gets about 5 carries a game. I think with them in there for the bulk, and with Fred Jackson (one of the best athletes ive seen) as the change it up back.

Im watching NFL Live right now, and Mike Golic just sais that he doesnt think Buffalo is in a good position right now because they don't know who they are going start going into a game with the Patriots. Im puzzled, I usually like Golic, but it was all over ESPN when Jauron announced it.

I have also heard rumblings on WGR, of the Bills thinking about bringing Kevin Everitt out to the game for the pre-game. MAN, would that be HUGE! The emotion that would ride, on a sunday night game to boot! I mean that would just be unbelievable.

Bills2083
11-14-2007, 08:41 PM
I know Youboty's brother, and he is saying that Ashton is healthy, and practised all last week and dressed for the Cincy game. Im not sure if it's true, I cat say I noticed him there. But he is supposedly doing well.

I could've swore that he was on the sidelines in a shirt and hat...

Bills2083
11-14-2007, 08:43 PM
I have also heard rumblings on WGR, of the Bills thinking about bringing Kevin Everitt out to the game for the pre-game. MAN, would that be HUGE! The emotion that would ride, on a sunday night game to boot! I mean that would just be unbelievable.

I thought that we should've done that for the Monday Night game, but I didn't know what kind of condition he was in.

That would be amazing if he were to do that. All of the players would be pumped to see him there.

Billingsley26
11-15-2007, 09:36 AM
You know one thing that I have really taken notice to, and its one thing that the Bills usually do not do, but its wining the games that they are supposed to win. These past 4 games, were all games that they should have won, and they did. Usually Im used to seeing the Bills who should win 4 games in a row, and they end up winning 1 or 2 of them. But this year is different.

I can honestly say, and proudly, that it Dick Jauron. I was never negative about him, I know many were, but I was always backing him up. I like the job he has done.

Bills2083
11-15-2007, 02:39 PM
I hate 'if's, ands and buts', but what if none of our starting players went down? I wonder how our team would be different...

HoopsDemon12
11-18-2007, 05:07 PM
I hate 'if's, ands and buts', but what if none of our starting players went down? I wonder how our team would be different...

We coule so easily be 7-2 right now... but whatever i try not to think about it

fischbowl
11-18-2007, 08:29 PM
****. This blows. Sitting watching us getting blown the **** out on gamecast while my family is watching Home Improvement reruns

fischbowl
11-18-2007, 08:54 PM
And another udder of the word **** pours out of fischbowl's mouth.

BufFan71
11-18-2007, 10:49 PM
wow.... at least we came close.....

i found it funny how everyone talked about how GREAT jabari Greer is...

Billingsley26
11-19-2007, 09:39 AM
wow.... at least we came close.....

i found it funny how everyone talked about how GREAT jabari Greer is...

I also love how everyone talked about how GREAT Jp Losman is.....

BufFan71
11-19-2007, 12:16 PM
im pretty sure losman didnt give up 56 points

how u can blame JP for not having enough time to throw the ball, and recievers not getting open?

so many times last night JP had to check down...

BUT there is one good thing...

I DEFINATLY want to see some more of Fred Jackson....he runs so hard

SuperMcGee
11-19-2007, 12:26 PM
I also love how everyone talked about how GREAT Jp Losman is.....

Because saying he's playing better than a rookie is the same thing as calling him a great QB...

Billingsley26
11-19-2007, 02:15 PM

how u can blame JP for not having enough time to throw the ball, and recievers not getting open?

How can you blme Jabari Greer for not covering Randy Moss. First of all, the Bills play a cover 2. They don't have Greer running 40 yards down field to cover Moss. If anything, George Wilson (I really like the guy) got burned a lot. He would be the one to blame. I don't really use this game to gauge anything, and I don't think anyone should. Because after all, except IND, NE has been DESTROYING everyone. I am looking past this game, and on to JAX.

fischbowl
11-19-2007, 08:32 PM
How can you blme Jabari Greer for not covering Randy Moss. First of all, the Bills play a cover 2. They don't have Greer running 40 yards down field to cover Moss. If anything, George Wilson (I really like the guy) got burned a lot. He would be the one to blame. I don't really use this game to gauge anything, and I don't think anyone should. Because after all, except IND, NE has been DESTROYING everyone. I am looking past this game, and on to JAX.

regardless it was a loss and everyone of us knew it.

Obviously Greer, who has played great despite last night, is best suited for a nickel role. He had no chance going against the best receiver in the game.

Billingsley26
11-19-2007, 08:40 PM

But Im also pretty sure that JP only put up 10 points.

You can rag other players on the team for what they did and didnt do, but in the end, NE is going undefeated. After being at the game last night, there is no one who can stop Brady. You can rush him, and he will hit a small pass and his WR will take it up field. You can drop back and it gives him more time to pick you apart.

I know we got worked last night. No surprise to be honest. Like I said BufFan can bash all these guys, but the more he bashes everyone, the more Im gonna bash JP. Not becaue I dont like him, but because he didn't play even close to decent last night.

LE_WM_JP
11-19-2007, 08:49 PM
regardless it was a loss and everyone of us knew it.

Obviously Greer, who has played great despite last night, is best suited for a nickel role. He had no chance going against the best receiver in the game.

Tell me who has stopped Moss this season. Greer is a great corner the problem is that neither he or McGeeare tall and that's why we are suffering

SuperMcGee
11-19-2007, 09:58 PM
Tell me who has stopped Moss this season. Greer is a great corner the problem is that neither he or McGeeare tall and that's why we are suffering

The only way height would've made a difference in any of Moss' touchdowns was if George Wilson had an extra four feet to him. Even then it would've been close.

BufFan71
11-20-2007, 07:42 AM
But Im also pretty sure that JP only put up 10 points.

You can rag other players on the team for what they did and didnt do, but in the end, NE is going undefeated. After being at the game last night, there is no one who can stop Brady. You can rush him, and he will hit a small pass and his WR will take it up field. You can drop back and it gives him more time to pick you apart.

I know we got worked last night. No surprise to be honest. Like I said BufFan can bash all these guys, but the more he bashes everyone, the more Im gonna bash JP. Not becaue I dont like him, but because he didn't play even close to decent last night.

well im only stating Jabari and Mcgee Donte and Wilson all played bad, BUT it is New England, im not trying to start and arguement, i blamed greer b/c i posted that the night we lost, and i was pissed

But can we all agree Fred Jackson needs more carries? Im on his bandwagon now

also, i think Atrain is done in buffalo, we need to find a veteran back, who is still able to get a spark
Maybe Chris Brown?

Billingsley26
11-20-2007, 09:11 AM
well im only stating Jabari and Mcgee Donte and Wilson all played bad, BUT it is New England, im not trying to start and arguement, i blamed greer b/c i posted that the night we lost, and i was pissed

But can we all agree Fred Jackson needs more carries? Im on his bandwagon now

also, i think Atrain is done in buffalo, we need to find a veteran back, who is still able to get a spark
Maybe Chris Brown?

To be honest I would have loved to see Corey Dillon come in, but he didnt. I dont think that once A-Train leaves, we will bring in another back. Fred Jackson has probably shown enough to be the #3 guy for next year. I dont think theres room for more than 3 RB on your gameday roster.

11-20-2007, 09:19 AM
the bills should look to draft a 3rd down RB sometime in the 2nd day that can offset marshawn lynch. how bout his teammate from cal justin forsett? interesting possibility

The Dynasty
11-20-2007, 09:29 AM
the bills should look to draft a 3rd down RB sometime in the 2nd day that can offset marshawn lynch. how bout his teammate from cal justin forsett? interesting possibility

They have Lynch, A-Train and Wright(Drafted this year) who seems to have potential. If they do they should get one though the FA not Draft.

Billingsley26
11-20-2007, 09:34 AM
We also have Fred Jackson who is a nice change of pace back. It all depends on the way Marv wants to go this season, but if we keep those three and let go of A-Train, then I dont see us picking up another RB.

However, I do like Justin Forsett. I liken him to Kevin Faulk, which is always good! :)

BufFan71
11-20-2007, 11:47 AM

hugh charles
5'10
190lbs
runs in the 4.3's
will do about 30+bench reps

Bills2083
11-20-2007, 12:54 PM
^that could work