PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bills Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

SuperKevin
11-21-2007, 08:43 PM
Crazy thought here but can anyone else see the Bills investing a top 3 round selection(not saying 1st day anymore thanks to the new format) on a RB to platoon with Marshawn Lynch. It seems that teams are eager to use the dual RB approach now in order to keep legs fresh and the Bills are lacking a capable #2 RB. Sure Dwayne Wright was drafted last year but he's looked less than stellar in the rare carries he gets. I would love to see the Bills invest Baltimore's 3rd round pick on a speedier 3rd down style back in the mold of ECU's Chris Johnson or Houston's Anthony Aldridge

Billingsley26
11-22-2007, 12:37 AM
Crazy thought here but can anyone else see the Bills investing a top 3 round selection(not saying 1st day anymore thanks to the new format) on a RB to platoon with Marshawn Lynch. It seems that teams are eager to use the dual RB approach now in order to keep legs fresh and the Bills are lacking a capable #2 RB. Sure Dwayne Wright was drafted last year but he's looked less than stellar in the rare carries he gets. I would love to see the Bills invest Baltimore's 3rd round pick on a speedier 3rd down style back in the mold of ECU's Chris Johnson or Houston's Anthony Aldridge

I actually really like Justin Forsett. Reminds me of Kevin Faulk. I really think he would be the lightning to Marshawn's thunder.

The Unseen
11-25-2007, 04:25 PM
Good game dudes. You guys remind me of the Jags: a scratch-and-claw team that always finds ways to keep it close (well, except vs. NE, which is a given for anybody right now). See ya whenever.

BufFan71
11-25-2007, 06:45 PM
so im officially on the Trent edwards bandwagon

sry billingsly26 lol

Billingsley26
11-25-2007, 08:03 PM
so im officially on the Trent edwards bandwagon

sry billingsly26 lol

Its allright to all....It only took about 4 weeks for you guys to see the reality of JP Lossman!

Billingsley26
11-30-2007, 07:11 AM
http://tsn.ca/nfl/news_story/?ID=223950&hubname=nfl

Anthony Thomas is out for this weekend. Sounds like Fred Jackson will get the start over Dwayne Wright.

BufFan71
11-30-2007, 10:47 AM
i cant wait to see Fred Jackson get some real playing time

should be interesting

SuperMcGee
11-30-2007, 12:21 PM
I love Freddy, but we don't have a RB that can block now. Combine that with Fowler-Preston and defenders rushing from the middle might have a pretty easy path to Trent.
Think we'll see more Neufeld than usual on Sunday?

BufFan71
11-30-2007, 01:11 PM
oh btw Preston isnt in the starting lineup

SuperMcGee
11-30-2007, 01:17 PM
I see what happened.

wgr550.com said Brad Butler was out for the game when it's actually Jeremetrius Butler who is out. Preston being the backup to Brad, I assumed he would start, but Brad is fine.

Sorry about that.

BufFan71
11-30-2007, 01:26 PM
lol wats with the Stamer sig?

SuperMcGee
11-30-2007, 01:34 PM
Just proud to be a Stamerican

Bills2083
11-30-2007, 04:48 PM
^did you make it on paint?

This is the only thing I've ever made on paint...

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x314/bills2083/Afinogenov2.jpg

lol

SuperKevin
11-30-2007, 07:07 PM
Recent post from my blog

Ok, I'm usually a fairly optimistic guy and one heck of a Trent Edwards supporter, but even I think we are throwing him into a game he can't possibly win. I know the coaching staff has decided to go with Edwards because he gives the Bills the best chance of winning, but I'm having my doubts this week. It's usually a bad idea to throw a rookie into the starting lineup for a road game but to throw him into a game against a team that just lost their defensive leader is a BAD idea. This Washington Redskins team is going to come out fired up and full of emotion and that doesn't even begin to describe how the fans will react. I mean this is a Redskins defense that is highly aggressive, ranked 13th in the NFL in sacks and giving up less than 20 points per game(and thats with the Patriots game). Does this seem like a defense you want to put a rookie quarterback who's thrown 5 times as many interceptions as touchdowns with a QB rating under 70. Not to me it doesn't. If it were up to me, I'd go with J.P. Losman and his NFL starting experience despite his recent struggles.

Billingsley26
11-30-2007, 07:42 PM
Recent post from my blog

Ok, I'm usually a fairly optimistic guy and one heck of a Trent Edwards supporter, but even I think we are throwing him into a game he can't possibly win. I know the coaching staff has decided to go with Edwards because he gives the Bills the best chance of winning, but I'm having my doubts this week. It's usually a bad idea to throw a rookie into the starting lineup for a road game but to throw him into a game against a team that just lost their defensive leader is a BAD idea. This Washington Redskins team is going to come out fired up and full of emotion and that doesn't even begin to describe how the fans will react. I mean this is a Redskins defense that is highly aggressive, ranked 13th in the NFL in sacks and giving up less than 20 points per game(and thats with the Patriots game). Does this seem like a defense you want to put a rookie quarterback who's thrown 5 times as many interceptions as touchdowns with a QB rating under 70. Not to me it doesn't. If it were up to me, I'd go with J.P. Losman and his NFL starting experience despite his recent struggles.

Never knew you were one heck of a supporter of Trent Edwards.

SuperKevin
11-30-2007, 07:43 PM
Never knew you were one heck of a supporter of Trent Edwards.

I was one of the first. check it out

SuperKevin
12-02-2007, 03:54 AM
Prediction for today's game

Washington 27
Buffalo 20

I hope I'm wrong

SuperMcGee
12-02-2007, 09:11 AM
Schouman was too heavily relied on, we're going to fall again.

Honestly I don't know what to expect from Washington in a game like this, so I'll just go with:

Bills 18 (6 FG, thanks Trent ;) )
Skins 14

SuperKevin
12-02-2007, 12:41 PM
At least the defense is stepping it up early with 2 sacks. That's now 12 in 12 games. YAY!

Also Trent Edwards is an amazing 1-3 for 2 yards in the 1st quarter

BufFan71
12-02-2007, 12:55 PM
SAFETY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SuperKevin
12-02-2007, 01:05 PM
Hey I just noticed you on the Buffalo Bills Forum. I'm Buffalowdown

BufFan71
12-02-2007, 01:19 PM
u noticed me?
im BufBills79

SuperMcGee
12-02-2007, 01:27 PM
Yeah, you were pimping the Kevin Smith sig

BufFan71
12-02-2007, 01:29 PM
yeah lol.......
our offense needs to sustain drives
our defense is getting tired, but still playing well

we have no answer for Cooley....

Fred Jackson is tearing it up

SuperKevin
12-02-2007, 02:28 PM
How about that awesome job Trent Edwards is doing with this offense? No Touchdowns today. Heck, no throws longer than 8 yards today

BufFan71
12-02-2007, 03:16 PM
i hate edwards
how many times is he gonna geat great field position and not get us a TD?

Billingsley26
12-02-2007, 03:18 PM
i hate edwards
how many times is he gonna geat great field position and not get us a TD?

Huh...well if I recall correctly, Trent one of the nicest throws Ive seen hitting Josh Reed right in the middle of 4 Redskins defenders to set up the FG. Be happy we got the win, because Trent is 4-1 as a starter and kept any hopes we have of being in the wild card hunt.

SuperKevin
12-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Huh...well if I recall correctly, Trent one of the nicest throws Ive seen hitting Josh Reed right in the middle of 4 Redskins defenders to set up the FG. Be happy we got the win, because Trent is 4-1 as a starter and kept any hopes we have of being in the wild card hunt.

Umm that throw to Reed was rumored to be a horrible overthrow of Robert Royal. I'll admit Edwards has played efficiently but it's 95% in part to the coaching staff not opening up the playbook because they don't trust him as a rookie. They allow JP Losman to take a lot more risks than they allow Edwards

Billingsley26
12-02-2007, 03:23 PM
Umm that throw to Reed was rumored to be a horrible overthrow of Robert Royal. I'll admit Edwards has played efficiently but it's 95% in part to the coaching staff not opening up the playbook because they don't trust him as a rookie. They allow JP Losman to take a lot more risks than they allow Edwards

To me, as long as Edwards continues to get the W, then whatever he does is fine with me. Truthfully, the only loss he has, should've and could've been a win against DAL. That pass didnt look like an overthrow to Royal at all. I thought he placed it right where it needed to be...thats the one thing I always liked about Trent.

On a side note, I am very pleased with Fred Jackson, very,very pleased. I think that pretty much kicks A-Train out the door.

Bills2083
12-02-2007, 03:49 PM
where is a place where I can see the replay of the Reed reception? i want to see if it looks like an overthrow of Royal

SuperMcGee
12-02-2007, 05:04 PM
I know there was guy behind Reed who it almost looked like the pass could've been going to, but would've been easily intercepted if that was the case. I can't be sure what happened there, but it sure was nice how it turned out.
Regardless, Trent still is underwhelming for how guys like Billingsley try to portray him.

Lindell for Pro Bowl.

SuperKevin
12-02-2007, 06:00 PM
Ok here's a dilemma for you all. If Marshawn Lynch is healthy enough to start against the Dolphins this week, how do we find carries to give to Fred Jackson, who has been on fire? I think we should ease Lynch back into the lineup. Don't start him and maybe give him 10 carries. That is unless Jackson stinks it up

Billingsley26
12-02-2007, 06:20 PM
Ok here's a dilemma for you all. If Marshawn Lynch is healthy enough to start against the Dolphins this week, how do we find carries to give to Fred Jackson, who has been on fire? I think we should ease Lynch back into the lineup. Don't start him and maybe give him 10 carries. That is unless Jackson stinks it up

Well, I dont think there is any way we dont start Marshawn. I would still love to see Jackson getting his carriers. I think Jackson will be used to spell Lynch the same way they used to use Wright and Thomas. Also on 3rd down, because we saw how he can catch the ball.

I think that Jackson and Lynch could be great for years. Both are fast and quick, and both dont go down at the first hit. Both can also catch the ball and turn it up.

Bills2083
12-02-2007, 06:26 PM
We could just split carries maybe 60-40 Marshawn's way?

SuperMcGee
12-02-2007, 06:48 PM
Schouman was too heavily relied on, we're going to fall again.

Honestly I don't know what to expect from Washington in a game like this, so I'll just go with:

Bills 18 (6 FG, thanks Trent ;) )
Skins 14

Ha, almost.

art vandelay
12-05-2007, 11:34 AM
I think this week is a classic trap game. However, I also think that this could be a fantastic opportunity to put up alot of points and get some momentum for the Cleveland game. I'm really hoping Trent can throw 2 TD's (let alone 1), as that would really give him some much needed confidence to throw downfield for the season stretch.

49ersfan_87
12-05-2007, 05:01 PM
I'm with you guys in that Edwards needs to throw downfield more. I watch many bills games the most frusturating thing i see from him week in and out is his insistence on checking down. That was a nice throw though at the end of the skins game to put them in field goal range.

BTW, has the bills-fins game sold out?

Billingsley26
12-05-2007, 05:44 PM
No, they're about 1500 tickets short. I think that if they dont sell by tomorrow, Ralph Wilson will buy them and donate them to charity to get the game on TV. 1500 is too small to hold them back.

Also, there was some talk on WGR about the Bills-Giants game being moved to Sunday Night. They said that night game is a pretty crappy one, and that the Bills could get it. I hope so.

SuperKevin
12-05-2007, 05:46 PM
i can't remember another year where I got to see the Bills on National TV this many times

SuperKevin
12-05-2007, 11:40 PM
This game against Miami scares me so much. I have a BAD feeling about it. I hope we don't end the losing streak

Billingsley26
12-07-2007, 12:07 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3145556

On a very positive note Kevin Everrit is walking now on his own. Great to hear.

SuperKevin
12-09-2007, 04:18 PM
Edwards had a great game today, finally throwing some TD passes(4 to be exact). However, in doing so, his completion percentage took a major hit. Oh well, we won and now we are tied for the final wild card spot with the Titans.

SuperMcGee
12-09-2007, 04:31 PM
Next week is going to be huuuuuge. Bigger than the Tennessee game last year, so probably our biggest since that infamous Pittsburgh game.

And our RB are both amazing. Can't get enough. We see Reed making big plays, Evans had some today, the TE are more involved than ever. Trent just needs to keep his cool and not make plays similar to the one before the 70 yd TD.
O-line we've seen is playign great. Second week in a row with no sacks, and they led the way for two 100 yard rushers. Doesn't get any better than that.
Offense is looking like it can be something.

BufFan71
12-09-2007, 04:42 PM
wow, i cannt wait to play the worst ranked defense in the NFL next week
esp with Jackson and Lynch

Billingsley26
12-09-2007, 04:52 PM
wow, i cannt wait to play the worst ranked defense in the NFL next week
esp with Jackson and Lynch

You still hate Trent Edwards and are you still on Jp's nuts? lol

Great game by Trent and the run game and OL. In fact great game by the offense.

The entire season is next week. Right now, it doesnt look like CLE will lose to NYJ, so we would be 1 back of CLE with 3 to go, and if we lose next week we are officialy done. The season is next week guys. I half feel like making the short trip down to Cleveland to support us!

BufFan71
12-09-2007, 05:18 PM
You still hate Trent Edwards and are you still on Jp's nuts? lol

Great game by Trent and the run game and OL. In fact great game by the offense.

The entire season is next week. Right now, it doesnt look like CLE will lose to NYJ, so we would be 1 back of CLE with 3 to go, and if we lose next week we are officialy done. The season is next week guys. I half feel like making the short trip down to Cleveland to support us!

oh no, im def on the edwards bandwagon
i posted saying i was on his bandwagon about a week ago

Bills2083
12-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Next week is our biggest game in a long time...

BTW, Billingsley, when can you change your sig back?

Billingsley26
12-09-2007, 05:44 PM
Next week is our biggest game in a long time...

BTW, Billingsley, when can you change your sig back?

I can take it off in about 5 days. Cant wait for it.

Next is our season. We win, and we have the tiebreaker over CLE with 2 winnable games coming up. We lose and we are officially done. We would be 2 back of CLE with 2 to play and they have the tiebreaker, so it would be over.
I almost feel like heading down to CLE and going to the game. I think we are more than capable of beating CLE.

Bills2083
12-09-2007, 08:20 PM
^I wish I had the option of going to any Bills game. Unfortunately, I dont have the money to do that :(

SuperMcGee
12-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Wilson is done for the remainder of the season. Uncooool

But hey, more time for Youboty. Could be good.

Bills2083
12-10-2007, 03:25 PM
^Maybe Wendling will play at safety.

Leonhard misses too many tackles

BufFan71
12-10-2007, 04:08 PM
hopefully Leonard looked bad yesterday

Wendling ive always like, great, size, speed, strength.

SuperKevin
12-10-2007, 04:09 PM
hopefully Leonard looked bad yesterday

Wendling ive always like, great, size, speed, strength.

Yeah but Wendling has ZERO coverage ability

art vandelay
12-10-2007, 04:21 PM
Yeah but Wendling has ZERO coverage ability

Coy Wire Part 2?

SuperKevin
12-10-2007, 04:32 PM
Coy Wire Part 2?

Sounds about right. I think we'd be best adding 10 lbs to Wendling and letting him solve our depth issues at OLB

BufFan71
12-10-2007, 05:59 PM
i think its early to say Wendling has no coverage ability

obv we run a tampa 2....
so the Safetys need some coverage ability (why Coy moved to LB)

if the coaches realized he had no coverage ability, i think Wendling would have already moved to LB

SuperMcGee
12-10-2007, 07:36 PM

obv we run a tampa 2....

if the coaches realized he had no coverage ability, i think Wendling would have already moved to LB

It's not like we've seen him play safety.
He's not even listed on the depth chart at safety anymore (at BB.com)

I don't know what he does at practice, though. But changing positions is more of a gradual process, and Wendling being in that process right now would make some sense. Although he's got a lot of size to make up still. Coy's gotta put him on the raw meat and peanut butter diet.

art vandelay
12-10-2007, 09:02 PM
It's not like we've seen him play safety.
He's not even listed on the depth chart at safety anymore (at BB.com)

I don't know what he does at practice, though. But changing positions is more of a gradual process, and Wendling being in that process right now would make some sense. Although he's got a lot of size to make up still. Coy's gotta put him on the raw meat and peanut butter diet.

I don't know about you guys, but I am really confident in anyone the coaching staff puts back there at safety. I mean if we can manage with a 3rd string converted WR-safety back there, I am confident in pretty much anyone. I actually would like to see Scott back there.

Bills2083
12-10-2007, 09:26 PM
^yeah, I wouldn't mind Scott playing back there. But we haven't seen him cover too much. He is only blitzing

Billingsley26
12-10-2007, 09:28 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I am really confident in anyone the coaching staff puts back there at safety. I mean if we can manage with a 3rd string converted WR-safety back there, I am confident in pretty much anyone. I actually would like to see Scott back there.

Ya I liked what I saw from Scott as far as the run game goes. I thought he played pretty well in coming up and making plays, if not the tackle forcing the RB inside. Couldnt quite get a read on his pass coverage though. I think he could do a solid job.

SuperKevin
12-10-2007, 10:59 PM

obv we run a tampa 2....

wendling had horrible cover skills at Wyoming and was used mainly as an in the box safety

art vandelay
12-10-2007, 11:16 PM
I'm hoping we send Lee deep on one of the first plays of the game. Cleveland has an awful secondary and Trent's confidence has to be boosted by his 70 yarder last week. We need to stretch the field early and then give them a heavy dose of Lynch and Jackson. I think we also need to get alot of pressure on Derek Anderson. He really can eat you up when he has time to throw. If we can do these two things, I think we can come out with a W and extend the season. Thoughts?

SuperKevin
12-10-2007, 11:20 PM
I'm hoping we send Lee deep on one of the first plays of the game. Cleveland has an awful secondary and Trent's confidence has to be boosted by his 70 yarder last week. We need to stretch the field early and then give them a heavy dose of Lynch and Jackson. I think we also need to get alot of pressure on Derek Anderson. He really can eat you up when he has time to throw. If we can do these two things, I think we can come out with a W and extend the season. Thoughts?

I actually think Cleveland has a decent secondary. Sean Jones is playing really well at safety for them

art vandelay
12-10-2007, 11:25 PM
I actually think Cleveland has a decent secondary. Sean Jones is playing really well at safety for them

They let up alot of yards through the air and alot of points. Their defense as a whole is just not good. They have some decent talent in the secondary (Jones, Bodden, Pool, etc.) but I don't see them posing too big of a threat for us.

SuperMcGee
12-10-2007, 11:27 PM
Pressure will absolutely be key (when isn't it?). We can't give any time for things to develop deep over the middle. Our D-line is playing its best right now but this is a much tougher test than the past two weeks. Schobel-Thomas is an awesome matchup. Two great players there.
In Hargrove I trust.

princefielder28
12-10-2007, 11:29 PM
They let up alot of yards through the air and alot of points. Their defense as a whole is just not good. They have some decent talent in the secondary (Jones, Bodden, Pool, etc.) but I don't see them posing too big of a threat for us.

They need to have Wright healthy before that secondary considers stopping anyone.

I have to admit I did not expect the Bills to be contenders this season and I have to give props to the organization because they have put the right coaches in place with, what seems on paper, average talent and are competing for a playoff spot.

art vandelay
12-10-2007, 11:31 PM
Pressure will absolutely be key (when isn't it?). We can't give any time for things to develop deep over the middle. Our D-line is playing its best right now but this is a much tougher test than the past two weeks. Schobel-Thomas is an awesome matchup. Two great players there.
In Hargrove I trust.

We better not let him walk in the offseason! I love Hargrove's intensity and skill.

A few more things - We better not let Winslow eat us up like Witten did. I am not worried about Jamal Lewis at all. My sleeper impact player for this game will be Josh Reed. He's developed nice chemistry with Edwards so far and I think he's going to exploit rookie Eric Wright over the middle all day.

SuperKevin
12-10-2007, 11:37 PM
Hargrove is an integral piece of our offseason plan, or at least I hope he is. He's an excellent rotation DE to pair with Kelsay and Denney.

Billingsley26
12-10-2007, 11:59 PM

Yeah, im pretty sure that CLE has the worst ranked defense or at least in the bottom 3. I think this could bode well for Lynch, Jackson, Trent, Lee...hell the whole offense.

Im getting stoked for this game! Its gonna be a biggy no doubt. We got the 2007 season riding on this game.

SuperMcGee
12-11-2007, 03:22 PM
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=749667

Come on, Coyle. Clady???

Even Scott Wright wouldn't give us an OT in the first round this year, and that's saying something.

Iamcanadian
12-11-2007, 04:05 PM
Yeah, im pretty sure that CLE has the worst ranked defense or at least in the bottom 3. I think this could bode well for Lynch, Jackson, Trent, Lee...hell the whole offense.

Im getting stoked for this game! Its gonna be a biggy no doubt. We got the 2007 season riding on this game.

I'm not really expecting a whole lot. Rookie QB's have up and down games and expecting more isn't likely to happen. Edwards has proved to me that he will be a very solid starter in the NFL but he is still a rookie. He is going to make mistakes no matter what defense he is playing against.
However it would be nice if he manages to win a few more but it is probably asking too much to expect him to be great every game.

Billingsley26
12-11-2007, 05:43 PM
I'm not really expecting a whole lot. Rookie QB's have up and down games and expecting more isn't likely to happen. Edwards has proved to me that he will be a very solid starter in the NFL but he is still a rookie. He is going to make mistakes no matter what defense he is playing against.
However it would be nice if he manages to win a few more but it is probably asking too much to expect him to be great every game.

Well the game vs MIA showed me he can get it done big time. But other than that week, I always knew Trent was a great manager of the game, and he showed that HE wouldnt really win games, but he wouldne loes them either. He relied heavily on the run game, and now he has both Jackson and Lynch to rely on.

I think that even if Trent goes to his style of game previous to the MIA game we would still be allright. Although I would rather see him play like he did this week.

ruthlessrussian
12-12-2007, 04:51 PM
Just wondering your guys thoughts on this. Pretty much everybody believes we should go with a WR with our first rounder next year, preferably a tall red zone threat. Well what if we went with a TE like Davis out of USC. It just seems to me like Trent looks for his TE a lot, especially sunday when he was hitting royal, but also the first Jets game too. Davis has both good size and athletisism and I think he is that good that he can make an immediate impact with the Bills. Somebody that Trent can look to often to bail him out if he cant hit Evans.

SuperKevin
12-12-2007, 05:35 PM
Just wondering your guys thoughts on this. Pretty much everybody believes we should go with a WR with our first rounder next year, preferably a tall red zone threat. Well what if we went with a TE like Davis out of USC. It just seems to me like Trent looks for his TE a lot, especially sunday when he was hitting royal, but also the first Jets game too. Davis has both good size and athletisism and I think he is that good that he can make an immediate impact with the Bills. Somebody that Trent can look to often to bail him out if he cant hit Evans.

No way Davis is a 1st round pick at this point. We could probably get him with our second round pick

Bills2083
12-12-2007, 05:55 PM
^i agree SuperKevin

BufFan71
12-12-2007, 06:57 PM
i would love if he drafted Fred Davis
but i do think we need a tru pass rusher

SuperKevin
12-14-2007, 01:59 PM
Anyone else feel Mario Urrutia in round 2 could be our best option? Malcolm Kelly might be long gone by the time we pick in round 1

art vandelay
12-14-2007, 02:05 PM
Anyone else feel Mario Urrutia in round 2 could be our best option? Malcolm Kelly might be long gone by the time we pick in round 1

It's too early to tell, IMO. I think Kelly could drop to our pick with a poor 40 time.

BufFan71
12-14-2007, 04:21 PM
Mario Urrutia has been a victim of the Drop Ball Syndrom
but 6'6 230lbs,
actually reminds me of a taller eric moulds
good route runner, and isnt 40 fast, but game speed hes fast

SuperMcGee
12-14-2007, 04:50 PM
At this point there are 4 WR that I really like. Maybe not in terms of who we'd get and when, nor is their really a mold they all fit into, but my top 4 eligible WR would be:

Malcolm Kelly
Early Doucet
James Hardy
Earl Bennett

I'd welcome any of them with a smile on my face.

fischbowl
12-14-2007, 05:17 PM
At this point there are 4 WR that I really like. Maybe not in terms of who we'd get and when, nor is their really a mold they all fit into, but my top 4 eligible WR would be:

Malcolm Kelly
Early Doucet
James Hardy
Earl Bennett

I'd welcome any of them with a smile on my face.

I love Early but he's not tall enough

SuperMcGee
12-14-2007, 05:46 PM
I like him enough to let the "it absolutely needs to a big WR" thing slide, but I would be hoping for a TE in rounds 2-3. Most likely the 3rd, I really doubt we'd go for two primarily receiving targets with the first two picks. There are enough good options there that I could be happy with that route.

Bills2083
12-14-2007, 06:10 PM
For some reason, I think Doucet is going to be a very good receiver in the NFL

Bills2083
12-14-2007, 07:56 PM
Trent Edwards named rookie of the week, for second week in a row

Iamcanadian
12-15-2007, 02:04 PM
If we land Doucet I'll be ecstatic. He's not a true burner and his draft status will depend on how fast he runs his 40 at the combine but he has excellent hands and the quick feet to change direction quickly and would be a perfect complement to Evans.
The only reason you haven't heard much about him this season is because he was injured until a couple of games ago but is completely healthy now and should show his talent at the NCG.

BufFan71
12-15-2007, 05:54 PM
im kinda happy Urrutia declared for the draft

Billingsley26
12-15-2007, 07:57 PM
Guys Im getting stoked for tomorrow already. It snowing here in the southtowns, and im getting up for it. the one thing that has really opened my eyes about the Bills is how they are winning the game they are supposed to win. I think this came could follow under that category. I think we have a very legit shot to win the game, and a very legit shot at the last playoff spot.

We gotta pound the rock tomorrow, and let Trent hit the checkdowns when he needs to get the first. Im feeling it right now.

Bills2083
12-15-2007, 08:39 PM
Billingsley, how many more days of your sig?

Billingsley26
12-15-2007, 08:41 PM
Billingsley, how many more days of your sig?

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Its coming off tomorrow! It was exactly a month today. Oh man, I dont know what to make it of, maybe bringing the good ol sig of me back lol. We'll see.

fischbowl
12-15-2007, 09:06 PM
THANK YOU!!!!!!

Its coming off tomorrow! It was exactly a month today. Oh man, I dont know what to make it of, maybe bringing the good ol sig of me back lol. We'll see.

O Canada
Our Home and Native Land

mcdlaxbonz13
12-15-2007, 09:28 PM
just wanted to wish you guys luck(im a browns fan), this game is by far the most important game of the season for both teams.

Rob S
12-15-2007, 09:31 PM
I keep going back and forth on this game. The fact that it is in Cleveland is what is scaring me. Those fans are going to be just as pumped as all the bills fans are to have a team in the playoff hunt. I am expecting a real physical game and a close one, I am just praying for the win because I think this has the potential to be one of those heart breaker games where if you lay it all on the line and still lose, it kills your morale. So, heres to a bills win and some god damn playoff football!

Billingsley26
12-15-2007, 10:45 PM
I keep going back and forth on this game. The fact that it is in Cleveland is what is scaring me. Those fans are going to be just as pumped as all the bills fans are to have a team in the playoff hunt. I am expecting a real physical game and a close one, I am just praying for the win because I think this has the potential to be one of those heart breaker games where if you lay it all on the line and still lose, it kills your morale. So, heres to a bills win and some god damn playoff football!

AMEN BROTHER!

Bills2083
12-15-2007, 10:59 PM
per Chris Brown...

BILLS NOT NECESSARILY OUT WITH LOSS TO BROWNS:

Not that anyone is hoping for a loss to the Browns tomorrow, but if it happens, the Bills would not be eliminated from playoff contention unless Jacksonville wins at Pittsburgh Sunday.

If the Bills lose to Cleveland the only scenario I've found in which they can get in as the sixth seed is if Jacksonville loses out, Tennessee loses one of their last 3 and Cleveland loses their last two to all finish 9-7 with Buffalo, who must win their last two games.

Then the following playoff scenario could ensue.

BUF, CLE, JAX, TEN TIED AT 9-7
TEN bumps JAX on division record (3-3 or 4-2) to (2-4) as teams in the same division need to be weeded out first when three or more clubs are tied for a Wild Card.

That leaves BUF, TEN, CLE. The next tiebreaker is conference record.
Conference records will be (BUF 6-6, TEN 6-6, CLE 7-5)
CLE with a 7-5 conference record would be awarded the #5 playoff seed.

With BUF and TEN left the Wild Card tiebreaker goes to the two club format which goes like this
Head to head (not applicable), conference record (both 6-6) and common games (minimum of four).

Here's how the common opponents breaks down
Buffalo Tennessee
Jets (2-0) Jets (1-0)*
Cin. (1-0) Cin. (0-1)
Den. (0-1) Den (0-1)
Jax. (0-1) Jax. (1-1)
Record (3-2) (2-3)

Bills (3-2) beat Tennessee *(2-3 at best if they beat Jets) on common opponents.

And Bills are awarded the #6 playoff seed.

I made an error in my initial processing of this tiebreaker scenario. Sorry to have misled anyone earlier this week when I said a loss and Buffalo is out of the playoff race. We strive to be accurate here to keep you all informed. This is a longshot at best, but it's a mathematical possibility as long as Jacksonville loses to Pittsburgh Sunday. My thanks to Bills fan Pasquale Baldino who made me aware of the scenario when my initial error prevented me from thinking it existed.

(sorry about the bold, it wont let me switch it to normal)

art vandelay
12-16-2007, 03:35 PM
Tough loss today. Trent looked bad.

FLABillsFan
12-16-2007, 04:50 PM
That whole game looked bad. Horrible conditions, it was like Hell frozen over.

art vandelay
12-16-2007, 06:55 PM
Not that anyone is hoping for a loss to the Browns tomorrow, but if it happens, the Bills would not be eliminated from playoff contention unless Jacksonville wins at Pittsburgh Sunday.

Looks like we are officially done. Bummer. Time for offseason talk!

Early FA List:
WR Ernest Wilford...that's it lol

SuperKevin
12-16-2007, 06:57 PM
Looks like we are officially done. Bummer. Time for offseason talk!

Early FA List:
WR Ernest Wilford...that's it lol

I also want Wilford

art vandelay
12-16-2007, 06:59 PM
I also want Wilford

Another good option could be Ruvell Martin from Green Bay. He's a UFA who's stuck behind some good WR's.

Bills2083
12-16-2007, 07:53 PM
I want Landon Johnson on the team.

art vandelay
12-16-2007, 07:56 PM
I want Landon Johnson on the team.

IMO, he's nothing special. I think we'll end up drafting a LB. I don't see us going after many FA's this offseason. If anything, we will trade JP to a team for another draft pick and continue to build via the draft. Our FA pickups over the past 2 years haven't been all that great, if you notice. Our success has come from our exceptional drafting.

Iamcanadian
12-17-2007, 12:16 PM
IMO, he's nothing special. I think we'll end up drafting a LB. I don't see us going after many FA's this offseason. If anything, we will trade JP to a team for another draft pick and continue to build via the draft. Our FA pickups over the past 2 years haven't been all that great, if you notice. Our success has come from our exceptional drafting.

I pretty well agree. Some team will give us maybe a 1st rounder for Losman. We simply lack the financial resources to do much in FA, a notorious Buffalo problem, and will concentrate instead on retaining our FA's.

Billingsley26
12-17-2007, 12:20 PM
I pretty well agree. Some team will give us maybe a 1st rounder for Losman. We simply lack the financial resources to do much in FA, a notorious Buffalo problem, and will concentrate instead on retaining our FA's.

The day someone gives us a 1st for JP Lossman is the day I stop watching football.

fischbowl
12-17-2007, 01:49 PM
Only Us:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-billsplane&prov=ap&type=lgns

art vandelay
12-17-2007, 02:19 PM
Only Us:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-billsplane&prov=ap&type=lgns

Kicking us while we're down.

Iamcanadian
12-17-2007, 07:53 PM
The day someone gives us a 1st for JP Lossman is the day I stop watching football.

There are 3 or 4 teams that are absolutely desperate for a QB and going with a rookie carries a 50% failure rate and requires about a 3 year wait to see what you have. A 2nd rounder is probably what we will get but desperate teams do desperate things so you might just have a short career as a football fan.

I'm really relieved that you don't have that sig which screwed up every post on the board because of its width. Maybe you shouldn't make rash statements or bets.

Billingsley26
12-17-2007, 10:10 PM
There are 3 or 4 teams that are absolutely desperate for a QB and going with a rookie carries a 50% failure rate and requires about a 3 year wait to see what you have. A 2nd rounder is probably what we will get but desperate teams do desperate things so you might just have a short career as a football fan.

I'm really relieved that you don't have that sig which screwed up every post on the board because of its width. Maybe you shouldn't make rash statements or bets.

lol. Yea Im proud to have my sig back. It didnt affect my screen, it just made my posts extra long.

I still would never see a team giving a 1st for Lossman. For the same price, a team could have Matt Ryan, Brian Brohm, Andre Woodson or JP Lossman. Which would you take?

ruthlessrussian
12-18-2007, 06:02 PM
lol. Yea Im proud to have my sig back. It didnt affect my screen, it just made my posts extra long.

I still would never see a team giving a 1st for Lossman. For the same price, a team could have Matt Ryan, Brian Brohm, Andre Woodson or JP Lossman. Which would you take?

Didnt we give a first for Rob Johnson? Then again for Bledsoe?

I know we wont get one for JP but its nice to think that we would

Then draft Sed Ellis or Gholston maybe ... Life would be good B)

BufFan71
12-18-2007, 06:35 PM
Jason Peters made the probowl

Iamcanadian
12-19-2007, 01:10 AM

If I want to win in 3 years, I look at the rookies, if my job is on the line if I don't produce a winner quickly or I think I can make the playoffs next year if I solve my QB position then Losman looks a lot better than a rookie QB.
GM's under pressuire do strange things, remember Feeley to Miami for a 2nd.
I am not saying we will get a 1st but it is a possibility.

49ersfan_87
12-19-2007, 02:45 PM
Did the Bills sell out the giants game? Or is it going to be blacked out?

SuperMcGee
12-19-2007, 04:00 PM
Did the Bills sell out the giants game? Or is it going to be blacked out?

Yeah, it's sold out

Bills2083
12-19-2007, 04:50 PM
Denney placed on IR.

15th player to be placed on it.

SuperKevin
12-22-2007, 12:40 PM
Anyone else get the feeling that Malcolm Kelly won't be available by the time our first rounder rolls around? I feel if he declares, he could be a top 15 pick and we're likely to pick around 18-21. What do you think we should do if he's not there? Personally I am not confident enough in the other "top tier" WRs to take them in the 1st round so I'd lean towards Dan Connor to help solidify our run defense.

Besides, It looks like all 3 of the teams in our division have a shot at getting Darren McFadden so it'd be in our best interests to get the run defense up to par now.

SuperKevin
12-23-2007, 03:05 PM
Wow, Trent Edwards sucked ass today. He went like 1-12 in the 2nd half with 3 INTs

BufFan71
12-23-2007, 06:35 PM
yeah
finished 9-26 with 162yds 2td and 3ints (two were brought back for TD)

talk about NO arm power in that buffalo weather

SuperKevin
12-23-2007, 07:31 PM
Sometimes I wonder why Buffalo insists on drafting players with little to no experience playing in cold weather.

BufFan71
12-23-2007, 07:47 PM
idk, but Trent is a perfect example of someone who CANNOT play in the cold weather

Billingsley26
12-23-2007, 08:44 PM
Allright, well I wouldnt go nuts over Trent's performance. If you guys didnt go to the game, you dont uderstand how bad it was. Was it Trent's fault that more than half of those passes that Edwards threw that were incomplete were dropped? The weather was horrible. It was pouring rain, like a monsoon. Really was, and then turned to snow. Im pretty sure that two of his picks were also dropped passes by the WR. Is there anything a QB can do when his WR aren't catching the ball?

To see it on tv was one thing, but seriously speaking, the game was much, much worse if you there than what you saw on tv. And to compare, you can blame Trent for having a bad, but his counterpart did not have any better of a day than Trent did.

SuperKevin
12-23-2007, 08:49 PM
Allright, well I wouldnt go nuts over Trent's performance. If you guys didnt go to the game, you dont uderstand how bad it was. Was it Trent's fault that more than half of those passes that Edwards threw that were incomplete were dropped? The weather was horrible. It was pouring rain, like a monsoon. Really was, and then turned to snow. Im pretty sure that two of his picks were also dropped passes by the WR. Is there anything a QB can do when his WR aren't catching the ball?

To see it on tv was one thing, but seriously speaking, the game was much, much worse if you there than what you saw on tv. And to compare, you can blame Trent for having a bad, but his counterpart did not have any better of a day than Trent did.

One thing we could see on TV however was that Trent Edwards failed to adjust his throws to the horrible conditions. he kept throwing rockets that were impossible to hang on to.

Billingsley26
12-23-2007, 09:08 PM
One thing we could see on TV however was that Trent Edwards failed to adjust his throws to the horrible conditions. he kept throwing rockets that were impossible to hang on to.

I understand, and I somewhat noticed that last week as well. The only I could say tho, some of the throws had to be that hard. But also he does have to learn to play in this weather. He played pretty much his whole life in California, and probably has never played in any weather under 50 degrees.

SuperMcGee
12-24-2007, 12:22 AM
We got into a groove in the second half that reminded me of last week, losing yards running the ball on first and second, then needing to convert 3rd and long. Our receivers aren't separating in the sloppy field, so Trent does seem to need to fire it in there.
However, he could've still played a lot better. I'm not going to crucify him for a rookie performance in this weather, but all things considered, he left me very disappointed. Like SK said, no adjustment when he was able to adjust, too many ill-advised throws. I would've liked to see some sort of adjustment to his surroundings since he's been in bad weather for two straight weeks, but he just got worse as that game went on.

Billingsley26
12-24-2007, 12:18 PM
Well, you can add Jason Peters to the list as well.....

fischbowl
12-24-2007, 11:55 PM
I honestly wish someone took my sig request in September, the animated one that said "Ryan Neill: Destitute Long Snapper" and "Bring Back Mike Schneck". It could of come to some use these past two weeks.

Bills2083
12-25-2007, 10:57 PM
^you should request it now.

In this past game, the receivers had a lot of drops. If it hits you in the hands, you should catch it.

fischbowl
12-27-2007, 09:46 AM
^you should request it now.

In this past game, the receivers had a lot of drops. If it hits you in the hands, you should catch it.

I just got a new Dusty sig.

Buffalo M
12-29-2007, 04:28 PM
When the weather gets cold, a team should learn how to run the ball, like the Giants and Cleveland did against us. That's how you win in bad weather.

I sometimes wonder how this team is being built.

BufFan71
12-30-2007, 03:28 PM
thank god this season is over
I couldnt stand to see such a lack of offense

IDK how anyone can honestly see Trent as the future QB for this team, hes had one good game (agianst the Dolphins) and hes 5-5? as a starter
but since JP wont that game for him hes 4-5...

SuperKevin
12-30-2007, 03:32 PM
thank god this season is over
I couldnt stand to see such a lack of offense

IDK how anyone can honestly see Trent as the future QB for this team, hes had one good game (agianst the Dolphins) and hes 5-5? as a starter
but since JP wont that game for him hes 4-5...

i agree. I like him a lot as a spot starter and quality backup QB but until he can learn to play in bad weather he should never be the QB of the future.

SuperMcGee
12-30-2007, 03:36 PM
Marv is stepping down as GM

SuperKevin
12-30-2007, 03:37 PM

That sucks. i liked what he was doing as GM the last few years. Hopefully we get someone good to replace him

Billingsley26
12-30-2007, 04:11 PM

Any truth to that?

I wont believe it until I see some proof.

SuperMcGee
12-30-2007, 04:14 PM
Talking about it now on WGR, only thing you could see is a Breaking News stub at wivb.com

Billingsley26
12-30-2007, 04:17 PM
Talking about it now on WGR, only thing you could see is a Breaking News stub at wivb.com

DAMN! I just saw that too. Its tough being 82 and running a team. Man, I hope this team doesnt take a step backwards now, especially after losing Fairchild and Marv Levy. Man this sucks.

Also, there are officialy 17 guys on the IR.

BufFan71
12-30-2007, 05:22 PM
http://www.wivb.com/Global/story.asp?S=7558011

its tru

JIM KELLY FOR GM!

Billingsley26
12-30-2007, 09:27 PM
http://www.wivb.com/Global/story.asp?S=7558011

its tru

JIM KELLY FOR GM!

I wish that could be true. I hope to GOD!

12-30-2007, 09:30 PM
Why would you wanna put the fate of your team in the hands of a GM with no prior experience? They would be better served to look around the league or hire from within.

Billingsley26
12-30-2007, 09:55 PM
Why would you wanna put the fate of your team in the hands of a GM with no prior experience? They would be better served to look around the league or hire from within.

I would actaully be interested in Chris Polian. I can only assume that he takes after his father, and we all know what he did in Buffalo.

Other than that, I could possibly see Jauron either sepping down, or taking on both positions. I also think that Marv could stay with the team in some role, and I can almost be 100% sure that he will aid in finding a new GM.

rukster
12-30-2007, 11:31 PM
It's too bad to see Marv leave, but its understandable. i just hope that we will get a new gm who could replace levy and give us the right draft picks for 2008. the bills also need a great WR , i think they should sign a #1 reciever and draft a O lineman.

SuperKevin
12-30-2007, 11:38 PM
Anyone else think we are screwed having the 11th pick? Our positions of need don't really have players in that area.

I like Malcolm Kelly and Dan Connor but not at pick 11. Thats a bit high. We better be able to trade down to like 16.

Billingsley26
12-31-2007, 12:24 AM
Anyone else think we are screwed having the 11th pick? Our positions of need don't really have players in that area.

I like Malcolm Kelly and Dan Connor but not at pick 11. Thats a bit high. We better be able to trade down to like 16.

Yeah, I agree. Do you think that possibly one of Glenn Dorsey or Sed Ellis will fall? Maybe Mike or Malcolm Jenkins with that pick. Or possibly James Laurinaitis if hes there.

SuperKevin
12-31-2007, 12:51 AM
Yeah, I agree. Do you think that possibly one of Glenn Dorsey or Sed Ellis will fall? Maybe Mike or Malcolm Jenkins with that pick. Or possibly James Laurinaitis if hes there.

I'd go with Laurinaitis if he was there because our defensive scheme allows for us to wait to take a CB. i don't know if I'd take Dorsey or Ellis even if they fell. McCargo really played well this year and capped off the season with a nice 1.5 sack game

fischbowl
12-31-2007, 01:16 AM
I wish that could be true. I hope to GOD!

i'd cream myself if that happened.

SuperMcGee
12-31-2007, 01:28 AM
It's too bad to see Marv leave, but its understandable. i just hope that we will get a new gm who could replace levy and give us the right draft picks for 2008. the bills also need a great WR , i think they should sign a #1 reciever and draft a O lineman.

There are no #1 WR out there to sign

And we don't need to use a high pick on a competition interior linemen or backup tackle

fischbowl
12-31-2007, 01:36 AM
There are no #1 WR out there to sign

And we don't need to use a high pick on a competition interior linemen or backup tackle

I'm satisfied with DiGiorgio in the middle right now, if we move Poz outside.

If some quality juniors like Curtis Lofton come out maybe we can address it in round 2 or 3. if not i'd like to take a 3rd round flyer on Ben Moffitt.

SuperKevin
12-31-2007, 02:37 AM
The more I think about it the more i feel we are screwed if we stay put at 11. I hope that Brian Brohm or Matt Ryan falls and we can trade down to take advantage of it.

12-31-2007, 02:43 AM
I dont think the Bills are screwed with the 11th overall pick because they can really go anywhere with that pick. Its not like they have just one glaring need, plus thats usually an area of the draft where teams trade up.

SuperKevin
12-31-2007, 02:48 AM
I dont think the Bills are screwed with the 11th overall pick because they can really go anywhere with that pick. Its not like they have just one glaring need, plus thats usually an area of the draft where teams trade up.

I understand they can go anywhere with the 11th pick but the problem is if they were to address any of their needs their they'd have to reach to do so.

WR-Malcolm Kelly is a great WR but I am not sure if I'd take him at 11. He doesn't jump out as a true #1 option and I generally feel that you shouldn't draft a WR in the top 15 unless you feel he can be your #1 down the line.

LB-If Laurinaitis comes out I feel good about him here at 11 but if he goes back to school we'd be in trouble. Dan Connor and Keith Rivers are incredible players but I don't think either of them is athletically gifted enough to be drafted at 11.

CB-While there might be some players worth drafting here, our defensive scheme allows for us to wait later in the draft to select a CB. We don't necessarily need a #1 CB.

TE-I don't even have to go into this one

Billingsley26
12-31-2007, 09:49 AM
I understand they can go anywhere with the 11th pick but the problem is if they were to address any of their needs their they'd have to reach to do so.

WR-Malcolm Kelly is a great WR but I am not sure if I'd take him at 11. He doesn't jump out as a true #1 option and I generally feel that you shouldn't draft a WR in the top 15 unless you feel he can be your #1 down the line.

LB-If Laurinaitis comes out I feel good about him here at 11 but if he goes back to school we'd be in trouble. Dan Connor and Keith Rivers are incredible players but I don't think either of them is athletically gifted enough to be drafted at 11.

CB-While there might be some players worth drafting here, our defensive scheme allows for us to wait later in the draft to select a CB. We don't necessarily need a #1 CB.

TE-I don't even have to go into this one

I agree for the most part. But I think Laurinatis should be a lock if he is still there at 11. You never know with the combine as to who will make a huge leap in draft stocks.

Fred Davis could shoot right up if he has a great combine and runs well. Is 11 a possibility for Fred Davis? I think its a real possibility. As for right now, the Bills might be in a position to draft the BPA, for any position other than a Qb.

fischbowl
12-31-2007, 10:15 AM
I feel as if Kelly will have a beast combine, and we pick him at 11.

S4L
01-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Hey, Buffalo fans.

I just got back from the Winter Classic up in Orchard Park and had a great time. Most of the fans (i.e. The not-drunk-beyond-belief people) were very kind and courteous to us Pens fans. I hope some of you guys that are hockey fans had a chance to go.

Ralph Wilson Stadium was actually pretty nice, though it definitely shows it age. The video board (which was important since my view was obstructed by the boards) was spectacular.

My only question is, does it take all of you two hours to get out of the parking lots after a game? It's an honest question, because it seemed like there was no one around to direct cars. Traffic coming towards the stadium was not shut down, and at one point, I had my car in park for a good hour to an hour and a half.

If you folks have to deal with that at every Bills game, God bless you, because it was the longest I have ever spent in a parking lot.

Billingsley26
01-02-2008, 04:56 PM
Hey, Buffalo fans.

I just got back from the Winter Classic up in Orchard Park and had a great time. Most of the fans (i.e. The not-drunk-beyond-belief people) were very kind and courteous to us Pens fans. I hope some of you guys that are hockey fans had a chance to go.

Ralph Wilson Stadium was actually pretty nice, though it definitely shows it age. The video board (which was important since my view was obstructed by the boards) was spectacular.

My only question is, does it take all of you two hours to get out of the parking lots after a game? It's an honest question, because it seemed like there was no one around to direct cars. Traffic coming towards the stadium was not shut down, and at one point, I had my car in park for a good hour to an hour and a half.

If you folks have to deal with that at every Bills game, God bless you, because it was the longest I have ever spent in a parking lot.

Yeah man. Getting out of the Ralph after a game is stupid. Cops direct pedestrian traffic, but do such a horrible job. They let like 10 cars through, then they let peope walk across for about 20 mins. Then about 100 yards later you go through it again. It really does suck, but yea, I ve come to accep it.

Geo
01-05-2008, 02:15 PM
"I think there will be significant change," said head coach Dick Jauron of Buffalo's offense under a new coordinator. "I'm hoping that we can keep it to a minimum. But I think you have to look at what the possibilities are." (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?NEWS_ID=5784)

Leon Sandcastle
01-05-2008, 10:59 PM
That sounds like it's not going to be in house. So Turk Schornet and Alex Van Pelt might not be getting a call.

The guy everyone seems to be talking about right now is Hue Jackson-OC of the Atlanta Falcons. Everything I've read I've liked.

Buffalo M
01-06-2008, 06:28 AM
Hey, Buffalo fans.

LOL. I hear you. Abbott Rd. is a parking lot after the game.

If you park off Southwestern or Big Tree Rd., you get out very quickly. It's all in knowing the area.

Bills2083
01-09-2008, 09:42 PM
Not So Good stats of the Bills....

Fewest Catches by a No.1 WR
1. Vincent Jackson, Chargers, 41
2. Ernest Wilford, Jaguars, 45
3. Arnaz Battle, 49ers, 50
3. Marty Booker, Dolphins, 50
5. Bobby Wade, Vikings, 54
6. Lee Evans, Bills, 55

Fewest catches by a No. 1TE
1. Sean McHugh, Lions, 17
2. Reggie Kelly, Bengals, 20
3. LJ Smith, Eagles, 22
4. Leonard Pope, Cardinals, 23
5. Robert Royal, Bills, 25

essential
01-10-2008, 12:56 AM
I have officially removed WR from my first day draft needs, unless a big name falls (like Kelly to the second, or Sweed to the third). We should either go FA, trade for a vet, or go with a later round guy. I forget where I read about this guy, here or the bills boards, but Evan Moore out of Stanford is 6'7", played with Trent, so there might already be a trust factor, and is supposed to run pretty well. To top it off, we should be able to get him in the 6th or 7th.

That is the kind of WR we should be looking at, not a first rounder, they usually don't make much of an impact, and we don't have the luxury of first day picks who can't contribute, unless it's O-Line, because I want to draft Roy Schuening and convert him to a center!

Also, anyone we bring in needs the opportunity. Marques Colston is a very good receiver, but had the bills drafted him in the 7th round of that draft, nobody would know he was good, because he probably wouldn't have seen the field in a regular season game here. He got on the field in NO because of injury, and Brees is a great QB. Here, very good players don't see the field unless there is an injury as well.

I think if our scouting department does there job, we can get a very good WR in the later rounds, who can contribute as much as an earlier pick could, if given the opportunity.

Remember, we are trying to draft a #2, a big possession jump ball kinda guy, not a #1. We shouldn't be forced to pick a #2 on the first day.

Billingsley26
01-10-2008, 01:08 AM
I have officially removed WR from my first day draft needs, unless a big name falls (like Kelly to the second, or Sweed to the third). We should either go FA, trade for a vet, or go with a later round guy. I forget where I read about this guy, here or the bills boards, but Evan Moore out of Stanford is 6'7", played with Trent, so there might already be a trust factor, and is supposed to run pretty well. To top it off, we should be able to get him in the 6th or 7th.

That is the kind of WR we should be looking at, not a first rounder, they usually don't make much of an impact, and we don't have the luxury of first day picks who can't contribute, unless it's O-Line, because I want to draft Roy Schuening and convert him to a center!

Also, anyone we bring in needs the opportunity. Marques Colston is a very good receiver, but had the bills drafted him in the 7th round of that draft, nobody would know he was good, because he probably wouldn't have seen the field in a regular season game here. He got on the field in NO because of injury, and Brees is a great QB. Here, very good players don't see the field unless there is an injury as well.

I think if our scouting department does there job, we can get a very good WR in the later rounds, who can contribute as much as an earlier pick could, if given the opportunity.

Remember, we are trying to draft a #2, a big possession jump ball kinda guy, not a #1. We shouldn't be forced to pick a #2 on the first day.

Finally, someone who is a Bills fan agrees with me. Evan Moore is huge, hes from Stanford as well. I think he would be a good pick or James Hardy. Both are similar sized WR and speed. Moore could be good, espeially as a late day 2 pick.

Buffalo M
01-10-2008, 05:36 AM

Couldn't agree more. It's the Madden joystick in some people.

art vandelay
01-10-2008, 07:24 AM
Not So Good stats of the Bills....

Fewest Catches by a No.1 WR
1. Vincent Jackson, Chargers, 41
2. Ernest Wilford, Jaguars, 45
3. Arnaz Battle, 49ers, 50
3. Marty Booker, Dolphins, 50
5. Bobby Wade, Vikings, 54
6. Lee Evans, Bills, 55

Fewest catches by a No. 1TE
1. Sean McHugh, Lions, 17
2. Reggie Kelly, Bengals, 20
3. LJ Smith, Eagles, 22
4. Leonard Pope, Cardinals, 23
5. Robert Royal, Bills, 25

Wilford was their #1?

Bills2083
01-10-2008, 08:34 AM
Unless Northcutt is their #1
http://www.jaguars.com/team/depthchart.aspx

I'm not sure though. I got it from the Buffalo News

Buffalo M
01-10-2008, 10:41 AM
Wilford was their #1?

I thought he was their #3 behind Reggie Williams and Matt Jones. Feel free to correct me. I know the Jags rotate those 3 and Dennis Northcutt.

SuperMcGee
01-10-2008, 02:59 PM
I think it just means he had the most catches out of everyone there

Like if Josh Reed had caught 5 more passes, he'd be our guy on that list

glazeduck
01-11-2008, 07:41 PM
Hardy will be gone by the 3rd simply because of the potential he possesses, between his frame, athleticism and the fact that he's still pretty raw, he won't be a late round guy.

If you're thinking of a late rd wr instead of a 1st or 2nd rounder the guy that immediately comes to my mind is Marcus Monk. Monk was injured all year so thats a bit of a concern but he was a game changer when in, and due to his injury probably won't perform in the combine as well as he could have before his injury. That said its the first major injury he's ever sustained to my knowledge, and should be good to go by next year...he's my favorite sleeper in the draft.

Moore's athletic and has good hands, but won't and shouldn't get drafted. He has zero speed, none whatsoever...I'd be shocked if he runs under 4.7. Combine that with the fact that he hasn't had an injury free year since high school and that his frame (very tall, but skinny--won't be able to put on too much more, if any weight) is a large part of the reason for those injuries. Yeah he played with Trent, but these guys are pros, after a couple months of camp that shouldn't mean much.

SuperKevin
01-11-2008, 07:45 PM
A good tall WR in the later rounds will be Micah Rucker out of Eastern Illinois. he was at Minnesota. The guy is like 6'6" with good speed

BufFan71
01-11-2008, 07:49 PM
wat about Maurice Purify? large body, great blocker, good hands, decent speed

art vandelay
01-13-2008, 10:11 AM
wat about Maurice Purify? large body, great blocker, good hands, decent speed

I saw the Hula Bowl on TV yesterday and he was non-existent.

art vandelay
01-13-2008, 05:59 PM
Does anyone else feel that we won't be very active at all in Free Agency? We are going to have probably 10+ Draft Picks (Depending on Compensatory picks). After we re-sign/not re-sign the guys on our team right now, I see us only making 2 or 3 signings at most.

I think the move for continuity is pretty evident. We promoted guys within for our Front Office and I expect the same for our OC. We have lot of the pieces of the puzzle already and the last thing we need/are going to have is a complete upheaval of the roster and Offensive and Defensive systems.

princefielder28
01-13-2008, 06:03 PM
Does anyone else feel that we won't be very active at all in Free Agency? We are going to have probably 10+ Draft Picks (Depending on Compensatory picks). After we re-sign/not re-sign the guys on our team right now, I see us only making 2 or 3 signings at most.

I think the move for continuity is pretty evident. We promoted guys within for our Front Office and I expect the same for our OC. We have lot of the pieces of the puzzle already and the last thing we need/are going to have is a complete upheaval of the roster and Offensive and Defensive systems.

Build through the draft.....as a Packers fan I have grown to appreciate that philosophy and especially with the draft class this year, picks can bring ALOT of value

art vandelay
01-13-2008, 06:07 PM
Build through the draft.....as a Packers fan I have grown to appreciate that philosophy and especially with the draft class this year, picks can bring ALOT of value

Yeah, the Bills have been doing this excellently the past 2 drafts and that's a big reason why we have had 2 decent seasons. Our FA pickups haven't been all that great. However, the thing with the Packers is that they have a QB. If we had a QB like Favre played this year, I think we would be in the playoffs.

art vandelay
01-13-2008, 06:10 PM
I think we should focus on 1 "big" FA signing, such as a big WR like Ernest Wilford or a shutdown corner like Marcus Trufant. The absolute last thing we need is to bring in high-priced, big names and find ourselves in cap hell with an already long playoff drought.

princefielder28
01-13-2008, 06:14 PM
I think we should focus on 1 "big" FA signing, such as a big WR like Ernest Wilford or a shutdown corner like Marcus Trufant. The absolute last thing we need is to bring in high-priced, big names and find ourselves in cap hell with an already long playoff drought.

Trufant would be an excellent addition to the secondary and would be as big as GB bringing in Woodson

Bills2083
01-13-2008, 09:09 PM

Isn't Trufant going to command a lot of money?

art vandelay
01-13-2008, 09:39 PM
Isn't Trufant going to command a lot of money?

Yeah but he's only one guy. I meant signing "names" like Donahoe used to do (ie. Spikes, Milloy, etc.). We probably won't get Trufant anyway but I think we should just go after quality over quantity.

fischbowl
01-13-2008, 10:30 PM
Finally, someone who is a Bills fan agrees with me. Evan Moore is huge, hes from Stanford as well. I think he would be a good pick or James Hardy. Both are similar sized WR and speed. Moore could be good, espeially as a late day 2 pick.

ive been high on Evan Moore for months. I think he can play both TE and WR, and be kind of like a Legedu Naanee or Roy Hall type for us.

Billingsley26
01-13-2008, 10:34 PM
ive been high on Evan Moore for months. I think he can play both TE and WR, and be kind of like a Legedu Naanee or Roy Hall type for us.

I dont think hes as athletic as Naanee, but I think he would be one of those guys who could in sparingly, and cause problems with defense. His size is very intruiging. Even if it was just fades in the corner of the endzone, Id be fine with it.

SuperMcGee
01-13-2008, 11:07 PM

A #2 is a starter at a position that clearly hurt the team. WR doesn't need to be picked in the first round, but waiting for a guy like Evan Moore as a possible solution is crazy.
Maybe if we already got a WR (like I saw in one of fisch's mocks) earlier then I wouldn't mind using our 8th or 9th draft pick on him, but in my opinion, Moore or pretty much any other late round prospect is a bad solution to our problems with not having a #2

I won't assume he'd be as good as a better prospect because he was given the same oppurtunity. I want somebody that's actually good. I don't see a whole lot in Moore, I guess I'm just hoping it's more of a priority. I, too, hope our guys do a great job scouting, and I hope they get the best guy possible when it's most beneficial, which I believe is earlier in the draft (assuming not much happens in FA).

Billingsley26
01-13-2008, 11:14 PM
A #2 is a starter at a position that clearly hurt the team. WR doesn't need to be picked in the first round, but waiting for a guy like Evan Moore as a possible solution is crazy.
Maybe if we already got a WR (like I saw in one of fisch's mocks) earlier then I wouldn't mind using our 8th or 9th draft pick on him, but in my opinion, Moore or pretty much any other late round prospect is a bad solution to our problems with not having a #2

I won't assume he'd be as good as a better prospect because he was given the same oppurtunity. I want somebody that's actually good. I don't see a whole lot in Moore, I guess I'm just hoping it's more of a priority. I, too, hope our guys do a great job scouting, and I hope they get the best guy possible when it's most beneficial, which I believe is earlier in the draft (assuming not much happens in FA).

Well, I woundnt wait until that late to pick up a WR for the team as it is right now. I would however, take a flier on Moore, just to see what he can do. Especially if he is available later on. I would definately pass on a WR in the first round this year, but as I look at the prospects, this is the year for the big, tall, strong and fast WR. We could easily get a good player in the 3rd round. Whether it be, DJ Hall, Jordy Nelson (seriously), Marcus Monk, Steve Johnson or Bowman in the 2nd just to name a few, would be fine with me. Because at that time, hopefully we could have picked up either a LB or DT in the first round, then a TE in the 2nd, then we can get a solid prospect in the 3rd.

SuperMcGee
01-13-2008, 11:38 PM
That's the type of thinking I can get behind

And call me a heathen, but your sig makes me want to puke.

Billingsley26
01-13-2008, 11:39 PM
That's the type of thinking I can get behind

And call me a heathen, but your sig makes me want to puke.

You've said that more than once to me, regarding past sigs lol.

BufFan71
01-14-2008, 02:56 PM
Anybody like the Idea of Ernest Wilford?

On Buffalo bills . com
Chris brown the journalist has a blog that has a link to an article that says Ernest Wilford wont be returning to Jacksonville this year

Big, tall, strong, good blocker, can go over the middle

art vandelay
01-14-2008, 03:01 PM

On Buffalo bills . com
Chris brown the journalist has a blog that has a link to an article that says Ernest Wilford wont be returning to Jacksonville this year

LOL I've wanted him for a while now.

SuperKevin
01-14-2008, 03:07 PM

On Buffalo bills . com

Earnest Wilford is EXACTLY what we need in Buffalo. he's a solid #2 WR with good size and hands that isn't afraid to block. He is also very comfortable in a secondary role in the offense. if we sign him early then i think we could remove WR from our draft day considerations

Bills2083
01-14-2008, 04:03 PM
I like Wilford, but if we dont sign him, I wouldn't mind our 1st two picks looking like this...

1. Keith Rivers
2. Adarius Bowman

BufFan71
01-14-2008, 04:19 PM
i would like either Ernest Wilford

or Dj Hackett

Bills2083
01-14-2008, 06:21 PM
If we sign Wilford, do you think we take a WR anywhere in the draft, or no?

art vandelay
01-14-2008, 06:25 PM
If we sign Wilford, do you think we take a WR anywhere in the draft, or no?

Maybe in the latter rounds/UDFA, but definitely not in the first 4 rounds.

Bills2083
01-14-2008, 06:29 PM
^That's what I was thinking.

Does anyone know how much Price is going to cost this season?
If we signed Wilford, we would have at least 3 WRs on the roster that would be ahead of him (Evans/Wilford/Parrish)

SuperKevin
01-14-2008, 06:37 PM
Wow. I completely forgot that Peerless Price was still on our roster.

art vandelay
01-14-2008, 06:40 PM
I think Peerless or Josh Reed gets cut this year. We just have too many versions of the same receiver and Lee and Roscoe aren't going anywhere. I would actually prefer to keep Reed because he does alot after the catch. He seems to "bounce" off would-be tacklers.

art vandelay
01-14-2008, 06:42 PM
Earnest Wilford is EXACTLY what we need in Buffalo. he's a solid #2 WR with good size and hands that isn't afraid to block. He is also very comfortable in a secondary role in the offense. if we sign him early then i think we could remove WR from our draft day considerations

I'm obviously very high on Wilford as well and I think he would just be an excellent fit. Also, if we were to sign him we could look defense in Round 1 (DT, OLB, CB) and then get the best available TE in Round 2 (Davis, Bennett, Finley, Rucker, etc.).

SuperMcGee
01-14-2008, 06:44 PM
Maybe in the latter rounds/UDFA, but definitely not in the first 4 rounds.

With possibly upwards of 5 picks in the first 4 rounds, in this draft I wouldn't discount a BPA wideout due to Ernest Wilford, who is hardly a proven starter

SuperKevin
01-14-2008, 06:56 PM
Am I the only one who feels we have enough speed at WR and RB that we don't necessarily need speed at TE? The greatest TE in Bills history, Pete Metzlaars, was slower than some linemen but he was a solid blocker with excellent size and hands. In my opinion, that's exactly what we need. Let's let Roscoe and Lee spread the field and get a TE that will consistently get us 8-15 yards without being a liability as a blocker. I'm really liking Craig Stevens in round 3 or 4 right now

essential
01-17-2008, 08:09 PM
Am I the only one who feels we have enough speed at WR and RB that we don't necessarily need speed at TE? The greatest TE in Bills history, Pete Metzlaars, was slower than some linemen but he was a solid blocker with excellent size and hands. In my opinion, that's exactly what we need. Let's let Roscoe and Lee spread the field and get a TE that will consistently get us 8-15 yards without being a liability as a blocker. I'm really liking Craig Stevens in round 3 or 4 right now

i agree we don't necessarily need speed at tight end, but whoever we draft needs to be able to get separation, that's most important. i don't think we need a TE who can catch a 5 yard pass and take it 70 yards to the house.

i think most confuse speed with separation. is speed nice in a TE? sure, but a slower guy who can separate well at the pro level is much more valuable.

fischbowl
01-17-2008, 09:12 PM
as per an my Ddaily Bills Buzz, Bills signed Darian Barnes today?

Good-bye H-back?

SuperMcGee
01-17-2008, 11:11 PM
Derek Schouman > The DerekSchoumanless Buffalo Bills 2008 53-Man Roster

Bills2083
01-18-2008, 06:34 AM
as per an my Ddaily Bills Buzz, Bills signed Darian Barnes today?

Good-bye H-back?

It's good news that we signed a fullback, but do you think he'll stick with the team?

Bills2083
01-18-2008, 06:43 PM
How much do you think we can get for JP?
I'm thinking a 4th rounder at the most.

Billingsley26
01-18-2008, 06:46 PM
How much do you think we can get for JP?
I'm thinking a 4th rounder at the most.

Have you ever seen that Ikea commercial?

If we were to get 16 footballs, I would leave.....START THE CAR!!!!!!!........START THE CAR!!!!!!!!..........START THE CAR!!!!!!!!!

Bills2083
01-21-2008, 01:57 PM
Hargrove officially suspended for the 2008-09 season
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?NEWS_ID=5834

BufFan71
01-21-2008, 02:17 PM
looks like someone isnt going to be resigned

LonghornsLegend
01-22-2008, 03:17 PM
Its funny to see most you guys high on Wilford as a pick up, I said during the final weeks of the season he would be perfect for buffalo, contrast lee evans really well, lets roscoe play out of the slot, and for a young qb growing and developing it doesnt get much better then having a huge guy who can make almost all the catches in traffic, so most throws dont have to be on pinpoint accuracy...He's gone, and he will be cheap, I think you guys should make a strong push for him, he's really a solid wr, and is perfect for edwards

Bills2083
01-22-2008, 03:23 PM
^He was an RFA last year, correct?

BufFan71
01-22-2008, 03:59 PM
Its funny to see most you guys high on Wilford as a pick up, I said during the final weeks of the season he would be perfect for buffalo, contrast lee evans really well, lets roscoe play out of the slot, and for a young wr growing and developing it doesnt get much better then having a huge guy who can make almost all the catches in traffic, so most throws dont have to be on pinpoint accuracy...He's gone, and he will be cheap, I think you guys should make a strong push for him, he's really a solid wr, and is perfect for edwards

ive actually been high on Wilford for a while

i just havent said anything on these boards though, ive been repeated saying that on the buffalo bills message boards though

Bills2083
01-22-2008, 05:02 PM
apparentley, Everett will be on Oprah on January 31st.
taken from someone on the Bills MB...

"This is from a Triumph Books, they sell books about sports heroes. They are based in Chicago.

On September 9, 2007, Buffalo Bills TE Kevin Everett lay paralyzed on the turf of Ralph Wilson Stadium after suffering a catastrophic and life-threatening injury that caused a fracture to the cervical spine. Everett was diagnosed a quadriplegic by team physicians while on the playing field.
After four months of grueling rehabilitation, Everett is has made a miraculous recovery and is walking again. He is sharing his personal story of strength, determination and will to live in a brand-new heart-warming book titled “Standing Tall: The Kevin Everett Story.” Everett will appear on Oprah on Thursday, January 31 to share his story of courage, heart and determination."

BufFan71
01-22-2008, 05:36 PM
does everett intend on playing football again

i would hate to see something bad happen to him again
and i doubt he'll ever regain his athleticism he had before

Bills2083
01-22-2008, 06:33 PM
^I dont see him playing again. IMO, he would be hesitant on every single play.

fischbowl
02-17-2008, 03:37 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d806ba302&template=without-video&confirm=true

Roscoe Arrested for DUI

Bills2083
02-18-2008, 12:44 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d806b4a7c&template=with-video&confirm=true

Bills are interested in Zach Thomas
Thoughts?

fischbowl
02-18-2008, 12:59 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d806b4a7c&template=with-video&confirm=true

Bills are interested in Zach Thomas
Thoughts?

too old......

Bills2083
02-18-2008, 01:12 PM
Thats what I was thinking.
It is extremely unlikely that we will make it to the SB next year, so why would we be going after a player who only has 1 or 2 years left? Also, why would he want to go to a team who's not a contender?
I can see him going to the Pats.

Bills2083
02-18-2008, 09:00 PM
Someone on the Bills MB said that....
Solomon Wilcotts of Sirius Radio is reporting that the Bills are "enamored" with FA wide receiver Ernest Wilford, and that he very well could be their top target once the free agent period begins on February 29th.

He said he saw it on fanball.com.'
Did anyone else see this?

fischbowl
02-18-2008, 10:44 PM
Someone on the Bills MB said that....
Solomon Wilcotts of Sirius Radio is reporting that the Bills are "enamored" with FA wide receiver Ernest Wilford, and that he very well could be their top target once the free agent period begins on February 29th.

He said he saw it on fanball.com.'
Did anyone else see this?

if so that would be fantastic......

hugegmenfan
02-29-2008, 04:53 PM
You guys signed a really good player in Kawika Mitchell. He plays with a lot of intensity and is incredibly strong. Im upset the giants did not make him a legit offer and that he will not be back because he was an important part of our defense.

OTcoach
03-02-2008, 06:33 AM
You guys signed a really good player in Kawika Mitchell. He plays with a lot of intensity and is incredibly strong. Im upset the giants did not make him a legit offer and that he will not be back because he was an important part of our defense.

I personally don't think Mitchell is all that great. Yeah the Giants D had a great run but he never looked all that spectacular. Yes A. Pierce is a great LB and is a difference maker but Mitchell an average LB got great $$. Vilma would've been a way better fit in our Cover 2. Dissapointed in this move for the Bills.

BufFan71
03-02-2008, 07:17 AM
with Mitchell, stroud
and Poz and Simpson back from injuries and mccargo prob starting

i think our defense could be ranked in the top 15

Leon Sandcastle
03-02-2008, 12:50 PM
with Mitchell, stroud
and Poz and Simpson back from injuries and mccargo prob starting

i think our defense could be ranked in the top 15

We could add some pieces to our D during the draft. Adding talent to our CB and DE rotation is a must.

In other news we could be signing both Bryant Johnson and Ben Troupe today. Both could make Robert Royal and Josh Reed expendable.

nvot9
03-04-2008, 08:13 PM
Hey, congrats on a great off-season so far. If it ended right now, I'd have you guys winning the division over the Pats...

Billingsley26
03-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Am I allowed to tell anyone I told you so? Take Spikes was cut today. I remember so many people on this board calling me everything for saying that trading him was the wrong move, and this and that, and I stood firmly, saying he was done, too many injuries and he wont be the same.

SuperMcGee
03-06-2008, 08:43 PM
I thought it would be a good place for him, but his health and that money just wouldn't fly. Best of luck to him.

And no props for you, Mr. "I have a Bruschi sig and I'm fairly certain the Bills will not draft Marshawn Lynch"

Billingsley26
03-06-2008, 11:04 PM
I thought it would be a good place for him, but his health and that money just wouldn't fly. Best of luck to him.

And no props for you, Mr. "I have a Bruschi sig and I'm fairly certain the Bills will not draft Marshawn Lynch"

Haha, well I got the Paul Posluszny part right didnt I?

OTcoach
03-11-2008, 07:03 AM
Hey, congrats on a great off-season so far. If it ended right now, I'd have you guys winning the division over the Pats...

I really hope that's sarcasm. Stroud is a nice pickup but....K. Mitchell over Jon Vilma and Lance Briggs? and C. Anderson over BenTroupe and Alge Crumpler? Come on those 2 guys aren't even better than the starters we had last year. I'm still waiting for them to sign Tim Hasselback to lead us back to the promise land.

SuperMcGee
03-11-2008, 02:39 PM
I really hope that's sarcasm. Stroud is a nice pickup but....K. Mitchell over Jon Vilma and Lance Briggs? and C. Anderson over BenTroupe and Alge Crumpler? Come on those 2 guys aren't even better than the starters we had last year. I'm still waiting for them to sign Tim Hasselback to lead us back to the promise land.

I'll easily take Mitchell over Ellison or DiG

And I should hope we don't think that Teyo Johnson or Courtney Anderson are more than cheap gambles.

Obviously I disagree about even being close to the Patriots, but what good is naming some high profile guys (some not even that good) that all signed with different teams in comparison to our offseason?

Bills2083
03-11-2008, 03:07 PM
Tuesday, Mar 11, 2008 8:30 am EDT

Bears could lose another receiver
Getty Images
The Chicago Bears are inching closer to losing another receiver according to the Chicago Tribune. Restricted free-agent Rashied Davis has drawn strong interest from Seattle and Kansas City, a source close to Davis said. Buffalo also jumped into the mix Monday afternoon.

Davis, who received a tender offer of $927,000 from the Bears, has until April 18 to negotiate with other teams. The Bears have the right to match another team's offer, but because Davis came to the NFL from the Arena Football League in 2005, the Bears would not receive compensation if Davis signs elsewhere.

Although the Bears recently signed Marty Booker and Brandon Lloyd, Davis could be a valuable asset regardless. The Chiefs aim to use him as their primary slot receiver, while the Seahawks would provide him the best opportunity to join a playoff contender. It was Davis who came up with crucial catches in the Bears' 27-24 overtime win over Seattle in the 2006 playoffs.

Source: Chicago Tribune

SuperMcGee
03-18-2008, 03:30 PM
Scott is a very good depth player, glad to have him back.
I really hope Ko is up to being a good starter for us. His development, as well as Wilson's, even if he'll never be anything more than backup, will be very interesting to see. Some serious ballhawks there to go along with the tough play of Whitner and Scott.

Billingsley26
03-18-2008, 03:41 PM
Scott is a very good depth player, glad to have him back.
I really hope Ko is up to being a good starter for us. His development, as well as Wilson's, even if he'll never be anything more than backup, will be very interesting to see. Some serious ballhawks there to go along with the tough play of Whitner and Scott.

I dont know if it means anything, but my frend lived directly underneath Ko, and he packed up everything and moved everything back to his home in SC. Thats what Ko said anyways. I dont know, take it for what its worth, but you dont see his Escalade or Charger with the South Carolina plates anymore, and his apartment is always empty and dark.

fischbowl
03-18-2008, 04:52 PM
It is the offseason, im not afraid

OTcoach
03-22-2008, 09:27 AM
I'll easily take Mitchell over Ellison or DiG

And I should hope we don't think that Teyo Johnson or Courtney Anderson are more than cheap gambles.

Obviously I disagree about even being close to the Patriots, but what good is naming some high profile guys (some not even that good) that all signed with different teams in comparison to our offseason?

Ellison is a good player weakside LB'er. He was unfortunately hurt last year. Puz will play for DiG (who is a good backup). I think Briggs and Vilma are way better players than Mitchell. Both who we could've got. Troupe and Crumpler are way better than Royal and Anderson and yes we could've gotten one of them.

In typical Buffalo fashion we've put ourselves further behind the Pats this off-season and allowed Miami and NYJ to leap frog us.

SuperKevin
03-22-2008, 10:21 AM
Ellison is a good player weakside LB'er. He was unfortunately hurt last year. Puz will play for DiG (who is a good backup). I think Briggs and Vilma are way better players than Mitchell. Both who we could've got. Troupe and Crumpler are way better than Royal and Anderson and yes we could've gotten one of them.

In typical Buffalo fashion we've put ourselves further behind the Pats this off-season and allowed Miami and NYJ to leap frog us.

What makes you say we could have had any of those players? Do you know how hard it is to get people to come to Buffalo? Buffalo routinely has to overpay free agents just to get them to consider signing. Need proof? Look at last years free agency where we gave ridiculously high contracts to guys like Derrick Dockery and Langston Walker. Need more? Bryant Johnson decided to take a one year deal with a worse franchise rather than play in Buffalo with the security of a multi-year contract. Face it. Buffalo has to take what they can get in free agency and be proud that they managed to get that far.

SuperKevin
03-22-2008, 11:28 AM
The Bills are hosting free agent CB Chris Carr from the Raiders. There's not much left so I like the idea. Carr provides decent depth at CB and is good in run support

fischbowl
03-31-2008, 07:34 PM
A message to my peers:

You may see that I am the Patriots GM in the newest forum mock and I am here to explain. I am no Billingsley. Myself and Woot are the "dynamic duo" and since we took the Bills last mock, we took the Patriots this time because it was woot's choice. So no bickering! And Art, so help me God, if you trade Keith Ellison....

art vandelay
03-31-2008, 07:39 PM
A message to my peers:

You may see that I am the Patriots GM in the newest forum mock and I am here to explain. I am no Billingsley. Myself and Woot are the "dynamic duo" and since we took the Bills last mock, we took the Patriots this time because it was woot's choice. So no bickering! And Art, so help me God, if you trade Keith Ellison....

You like Ellison?

fischbowl
03-31-2008, 07:44 PM
You like Ellison?

I do sir. You got a problem with that!?!

http://papernapkin.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/09/17/hulk.png

art vandelay
03-31-2008, 08:07 PM
I do sir. You got a problem with that!?!

http://papernapkin.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/09/17/hulk.png

He started 9 games and only had 39 tackles. That's not very good.

Billingsley26
03-31-2008, 08:19 PM
A message to my peers:

Yeah, you definaltey aint me. Dont mess this up. Knowing woot, I know you will take a certain player in round 1.

BufFan71
03-31-2008, 08:22 PM
He started 9 games and only had 39 tackles. That's not very good.

yea......i think Haggan should have started over him in the bad weather games

SuperMcGee
04-02-2008, 09:48 PM
I was just looking at our depth chart in the forum mock.
Besides Losman and Freddy Jackson, our offensive depth is t-e-r-r-i-b-l-e-!

art vandelay
04-02-2008, 10:01 PM
I was just looking at our depth chart in the forum mock.
Besides Losman and Freddy Jackson, our offensive depth is t-e-r-r-i-b-l-e-!

Well luckily we have 10 picks:)

BufFan71
04-03-2008, 08:18 AM
we better spend at least 6 of those picks on offensive players

or use some of the pics to trade up for another offensive player

asmitty45
04-25-2008, 02:56 PM
being the only Michigan State fan on this whole board, I was curious how you guys feel about Devin Thomas? A lot of mocks having you taking him, but do you want him?

fischbowl
04-25-2008, 07:49 PM
being the only Michigan State fan on this whole board, I was curious how you guys feel about Devin Thomas? A lot of mocks having you taking him, but do you want him?

Im a State fan.

asmitty45
04-25-2008, 10:00 PM
Im a State fan.

Nice to know there's more than one of us. That is great news, Go Green +rep for sure.

BufFan71
04-25-2008, 10:31 PM
well, i like Devin Thomas but he isnt a safe pick
esp since we need a Wr badly

fischbowl
04-25-2008, 11:19 PM
I love Thomas and the team loves Thomas. He's the consensus right now. I'd love him in a Buffalo uniform

art vandelay
04-30-2008, 08:55 AM
I know fisch isn't, but I'm a huge McKelvin fan. My favorite CB's in the draft were Chevis Jackson, Brandon Flowers and McKelvin. Really excited to see him on our team. However, could this mean the end for either McGee or Greer? Greer's contract expires next year and if he has another good season this year I don't expect us to re-sign him. McGee expires in two years. Could Reggie Corner be ready by then?

fischbowl
05-01-2008, 05:33 PM
We claimed QB Matt Baker off waivers of the Dolphins today.

Not an important claim, but I love to stick it to the Dolphins anytime

art vandelay
05-01-2008, 07:36 PM
We claimed QB Matt Baker off waivers of the Dolphins today.

Not an important claim, but I love to stick it to the Dolphins anytime

Could he beat out Hamdan for the #3 QB spot? Team would lose some serious eyebrow power if so. Anyway, here's Scott's evaluation of him from the 2006 NFL Draft. I actually remember wanting this guy as a 7th/UDFA:

http://web.archive.org/web/20060515143622/www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/qb/mattbaker.html

fischbowl
05-01-2008, 09:04 PM
Could he beat out Hamdan for the #3 QB spot? Team would lose some serious eyebrow power if so. Anyway, here's Scott's evaluation of him from the 2006 NFL Draft. I actually remember wanting this guy as a 7th/UDFA:

http://web.archive.org/web/20060515143622/www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/qb/mattbaker.html

Looking back at that year I remembered wanting Omar Jacobs soo bad. And that is the Dusty year of course

YAYareaRB
05-11-2008, 10:12 PM
Your 7th Round pick, Demetrius Bell is the son of Karl Malone..

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-32-167/Karl-Malone--Demetrius-Bell--and-Mother-s-Day.html

That's pretty crazy!!!

fischbowl
05-11-2008, 10:16 PM
Your 7th Round pick, Demetrius Bell is the son of Karl Malone..

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-32-167/Karl-Malone--Demetrius-Bell--and-Mother-s-Day.html

That's pretty crazy!!!

eh, that's old news Yay