PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bills Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

SuperMcGee
05-13-2008, 06:00 PM
Sad, sad day.

I still say this is not the last we've seen of Chris Denney. He'll be back and dominating once one of our dumbass receivers gets suspended.

fischbowl
05-13-2008, 07:31 PM
Not to mention Kevin Everett being put on waivers. Have to say you must be blind to not see that coming

art vandelay
05-16-2008, 08:36 AM
My buddy was working out with a trainer last summer who had worked for the Bills and told me that Everett was the hardest worker that was on the Bills. He said he would watch film for 5 hours+ a day to help him improve because he thought that he was going to be cut. Everett should be set for life with this settlement and I think it's good that we are moving on. I wish Kevin the best.

art vandelay
05-16-2008, 08:42 AM
Another note as I continue to spam these boards, lol. Did you know that for the past 2 seasons, we have set (and then re-set) the team record for the least amount of penalty yards? I recently read this in USA Today's NFL Preseason Outlook. I think this is of the great job Dick Jauron has done.

SuperMcGee
05-19-2008, 06:26 PM
Good to see we're at least getting offers out to Evans, hopefully it's considerable. Need to lock him up, regardless of what crazy money some top receivers were getting this offseason.
Also, is this Crowell's last year under contract?

SuperKevin
06-17-2008, 10:00 AM
For the sake of starting some discussion:

JP Losman or Trent Edwards as starting QB for the season opener?

I'm leaning towards Losman because hs strength throwing the deep pass is going to come in handy with our new 6'5" speedy WR in James Hardy.

Bills2083
06-17-2008, 10:45 AM
Edwards was able to throw long last season, and adding 10 or 15 pounds of muscle over the offseason will only help.
I say we go with Edwards. He had a good season for a rookie, and with better playcalling, I think he will improve a lot.

SuperKevin
06-17-2008, 12:02 PM
Edwards was able to throw long last season, and adding 10 or 15 pounds of muscle over the offseason will only help.
I say we go with Edwards. He had a good season for a rookie, and with better playcalling, I think he will improve a lot.

I wasn't overly impressed with Trent's deep ball. At times it seemed to float way too much. I'll be the first to admit he performed well as a rookie but a lot of that has to do with simplified playcalling when he was in the game.

SuperMcGee
06-17-2008, 12:05 PM
I don't even think it's a matter of debate. I don't like either one more than the other, but it's going to be Edwards.
That said, Edwards does have a lot to work on and no, his deep ball did not impress me much last year. I'm not sure on a lot dealing with Edwards at this point, and I can't even begin to predict how this team will do because I just don't know what we're getting under center.

Rob S
06-17-2008, 05:44 PM
I am liking the Edwards decision, the team won with him. Thats what matters to me mostly. And its not like he was kyle orton like out there. As far as his deep ball, I think he has one. They just never let him loose. His arm looked great on that 1 bomb to Lee last year.

SuperKevin
06-17-2008, 05:46 PM
I think its safe to say that whoever it is, if they don't perform well then expect to see a 1st round QB in 2009(I'm liking Cullen Harper)

fischbowl
06-17-2008, 09:52 PM
I'd wait until '10 to address QB. Get the jean short prince in Tim Tebow

Bills2083
06-17-2008, 09:58 PM
I think its safe to say that whoever it is, if they don't perform well then expect to see a 1st round QB in 2009(I'm liking Cullen Harper)

Let's say Edwards starts every game next season.
What kind of stats would you want to see, in order for us to not draft a QB in '09?

SuperKevin
06-18-2008, 04:05 AM
Let's say Edwards starts every game next season.
What kind of stats would you want to see, in order for us to not draft a QB in '09?

I'd say it's more about win-loss than stats really. I want to know Edwards can manage the team for the whole year

BufFan71
06-22-2008, 07:21 PM
if Edwards doesnt pan out

either

Tim Tebow or Cody Hawkins will be our next QB

SuperMcGee
06-22-2008, 07:51 PM
Dude I know you love Colorado but would we really wait three years for Hawkins, all the while playing a 3rd-round QB that isn't panning out?

M.O.T.H.
08-04-2008, 04:08 PM
How is Blake Costanzo holding up in camp?

BufFan71
08-04-2008, 08:23 PM
Dude I know you love Colorado but would we really wait three years for Hawkins, all the while playing a 3rd-round QB that isn't panning out?

lol, no i dont think Hawkins will be a good pro just because hes 5'11

i really want Edwards to pan out since if he doesnt, we are gonna have to restart with the offense

Bills2083
08-04-2008, 10:28 PM
Hey MOTH, I asked the Bills head reporter about Costanzo, and he had this to say about him...

He's done well on run fits in my opinion. He was getting praise from his teammates for his play in the run front on Saturday. And Bobby April likes him a lot as a special teamer.---

M.O.T.H.
08-05-2008, 11:19 PM
Hey MOTH, I asked the Bills head reporter about Costanzo, and he had this to say about him...

He's done well on run fits in my opinion. He was getting praise from his teammates for his play in the run front on Saturday. And Bobby April likes him a lot as a special teamer.---

Nice. Thank you. One of the very few guys to get to the NFL out of Lafayette. I used to watch him play just about every Saturday. Again, thanks for the info, it's nice to hear he is doing well.

SuperMcGee
08-10-2008, 06:20 PM
Not much to get excited about yesterday. Roscoe looked good, and at least we know we have a great backup returner, but that's about it.
Secondary competition should be interesting, at least.

fischbowl
08-13-2008, 10:54 PM
I'm likely to be at McFadden's tomorrow for preseason Bills Action dapper in my Moorman jersey.

http://www.nycbbb.com/images/hprot/1b.jpg

At least NYC is accomodating...

D-Unit
08-15-2008, 04:12 PM
Better season.... James Hardy or Devin Thomas?

Bills2083
08-15-2008, 05:12 PM
Better season.... James Hardy or Devin Thomas?

According to the Redskins' website, Randle El and Moss are ahead of Thomas. In Buffalo, Hardy is pretty much a shoe-in at #2 WR for us. Plus, he will probably be our main red-zone target. I have to give the edge to Hardy.

Hines
08-15-2008, 05:44 PM
Trent looked good last night. I have him as a potential sleeper this year.

Rob S
08-15-2008, 06:05 PM
I'm likely to be at McFadden's tomorrow for preseason Bills Action dapper in my Moorman jersey.

http://www.nycbbb.com/images/hprot/1b.jpg

At least NYC is accomodating...

do u go there a lot.....I am there every weekend of the regular season. I go to Calico Jacks tho because I am not of age. Calico's is actually a sweet bar during the week in general.

Cribbs>Hester
08-18-2008, 04:18 AM
What ever happened to the talks of the Browns and Bills looking into a trade that would send Ashton Youboty to Cleveland? I'm worried about our pathetic corners after our two starters.

Is Youboty even worth it or is he pretty much a bust at this point?

SuperKevin
08-18-2008, 08:31 AM
What ever happened to the talks of the Browns and Bills looking into a trade that would send Ashton Youboty to Cleveland? I'm worried about our pathetic corners after our two starters.

Is Youboty even worth it or is he pretty much a bust at this point?

He's a good nickel back but thats about it

Cribbs>Hester
08-18-2008, 02:25 PM
He's a good nickel back but thats about it

Well that is exactlly what we need. McDonald and Wright are going to be our starters and we need someone to bring in who is willing to be just the nickel.

Rob S
08-24-2008, 03:06 PM
anyone else getting very worried about the Peters situation? I think even if he does come back now, it will set our OL back quite a bit.

princefielder28
08-24-2008, 03:08 PM
anyone else getting very worried about the Peters situation? I think even if he does come back now, it will set our OL back quite a bit.

I'm worried; I just made Marshawn Lynch my #1 pick in fantasy :(

Rob S
08-24-2008, 03:28 PM
I'm worried; I just made Marshawn Lynch my #1 pick in fantasy :(

haha, yeah. I still like lynch tho. Langston Walker will be fine run blocking, I just feel bad for trent.

Bills2083
08-24-2008, 08:59 PM
haha, yeah. I still like lynch tho. Langston Walker will be fine run blocking, I just feel bad for trent.

urghhh, how long will Walker be out for?
I heard his arm injury is really bad...

SuperMcGee
08-24-2008, 09:21 PM
That would be just about the worst possible guy to lose right now.

Rob S
08-24-2008, 09:55 PM
X rays were negative.....thats good. But I agree Mcgee. Not only do we lose a very good player, we lose our leverage with Peters. This could be horrible. We just have to wait and see.

princefielder28
08-24-2008, 09:58 PM
How good is the depth on the O-line in Buffalo and who do you guys expect to take the spots of Peters/Walker?

Rob S
08-24-2008, 10:11 PM
How good is the depth on the O-line in Buffalo and who do you guys expect to take the spots of Peters/Walker?

depth is an issue. Our starters are very good but we are thin, especially at T. I would assume Matt Murphy and Kirk Chambers would step in, which is not good whatsoever. Maybe Demetrius Bell has shown enough raw talent in camp. Either way....not good especially with a young QB. I dont want Edwards going the way of David Carr.

princefielder28
08-24-2008, 10:13 PM
depth is an issue. Our starters are very good but we are thin, especially at T. I would assume Matt Murphy and Kirk Chambers would step in, which is not good whatsoever. Maybe Demetrius Bell has shown enough raw talent in camp. Either way....not good especially with a young QB. I dont want Edwards going the way of David Carr.

Are Murphy and Chambers more of a liability in the run blocking or pass protection?

SuperMcGee
08-24-2008, 10:37 PM
Well first of all, Matt Murphy has a torn rotator cuff. He could opt of surgery now due to how thin we are and how he's feeling in the coming days, but it's not the best situation with him either and his season very well might be over already. It's his first year playing tackle, as well, as he is a converted tight end.
Chambers has looked good in pass protection in this preseason but was far from impressive in his time last year. Bell was a 7th round project that is progressing quicker than expected, but is hardly a desirable starter, or even top backup really. Murphy is a big question mark, I'd think he's the last option anyway. It's a bad situation, we haven't seen much of any of these guys. If it ended up being Bell and Chambers, I think the run blocking would be a bigger dropoff but the line as a whole would go to hell, nothing would be well protected. We'd actually get absolutely destroyed on pass rush from the left side, I'm sure. We'd honestly be really bad in every facet, I don't even want ot think about it. Our best remaining linemen in that scenario (Dockery and Butler) would be flanked on both sides by weak linemen.
Of course, we don't know for sure when we'll have Peters or Walker. Please be back soon. We can live with Chambers at RT for a little while, assuming its not one of our projects on the left side.

Iamcanadian
08-24-2008, 11:50 PM
I think Peters with report soon. He's not going to get more from the money poor Bills and they won't trade him. Holdouts are just normal but holdouts into the season are extremely rare so I think he reports as soon as the preseason ends. Worst case scenerio now is we won't have a shot at keeping him when he becomes a FA. He'll be gone for sure.

bored of education
08-25-2008, 11:47 PM
Demtrius Bell will be a starting Lt for some team in 2-3 years. Peters will report soon. I love Marshawn Lynch. go Bills. 10-6 !

Iamcanadian
08-26-2008, 08:38 AM
Demtrius Bell will be a starting Lt for some team in 2-3 years. Peters will report soon. I love Marshawn Lynch. go Bills. 10-6 !

Bell will more likely be a reserve OG for the Bills or perhaps a starter but not at LT.

TheBuffaloBills
08-26-2008, 05:44 PM
I am just waiting to wake up and do my daily check on PFT and see the whole Peters thing is cleared up.....

Bell looked good when I saw him at training camp...... I dont think he will be terrible....

SuperKevin
08-26-2008, 07:10 PM
Anyone else think Rian Lindell will lead the league in FGs this year? I see the Bills having trouble in the Red Zone even with the addition of James Hardy because Trent Edwards has trouble throwing the fade route.

Rob S
08-26-2008, 10:44 PM
Lindell should have a damn good year, he always does.

TheBuffaloBills
08-26-2008, 10:46 PM
Lindell should have a damn good year, he always does.

Yeah I know..... I have a very high level of confidence when he goes to make a field goal. Has anyone seen him in person? He is a pretty big dude, especially for a kicker.

Bills2083
08-26-2008, 10:49 PM
^I agree. He's one of the most underrated kickers.

TheBuffaloBills
08-28-2008, 02:37 PM
So does anyone think there will be surprises for cuts?

Who do you think will make the team? Justin Jenkins or Steve Johnson?

I hope Steve Johnson make it.

SuperMcGee
08-28-2008, 05:04 PM
I have no reason at all to hope Justin Jenkins doesn't make this team. Not to say that the team and I are not fans of Johnson, who might not be completely out of the picture and could be used well in a couple of ways.

TheBuffaloBills
08-29-2008, 11:37 AM
I have no reason at all to hope Justin Jenkins doesn't make this team. Not to say that the team and I are not fans of Johnson, who might not be completely out of the picture and could be used well in a couple of ways.

I think last nights' performance may have solidified a spot for Steve Johnson on the team.

Also, I have not be impressed in the least bit with Dwayne Wright. He's fumbled and doesnt seem to have a good AVG.

Well here we are for RB:

Lynch
Jackson
Wright
Omon
Barnes
--------------

I think that is who we are keeping for RB/FB.

Bills2083
08-29-2008, 02:39 PM
I dont think we'll keep 4 RBs and a FB on the active roster.

TheBuffaloBills
08-30-2008, 02:13 PM
I would be surprised if Omon got cut and Wright made the team.

Rob S
08-30-2008, 05:08 PM
There weren't a ton of surprises as the Bills coaching staff reduced their roster to the required 53 on Saturday afternoon, but there were a few veteran free agent pickups that just didn't make the grade.

Free agent signees Courtney Anderson, Will James and Donnie Spragan were all released Saturday after signing with the club this offseason.

Also waived on Saturday were LB Jon Banks, LB Marcus Buggs, LB Blake Costanzo, OL Dustin Dickinson, OT Patrick Estes, FB Jonathan Evans, OL Robert Felton, DB Dustin Fox, OL Christian Gaddis, RB Bruce Hall, WR Felton Huggins, DT Jason Jefferson, DE Derrick Jones, DT Corey Mace, TE Tim Massaquoi, WR Scott Mayle, OL Nevin McCaskill, DT Teraz McCray and RB Dwayne Wright.

Will James was considered a virtual lock to land the nickel corner role after some strong play coming out of the spring camps, but during the preseason, though he played well in zone calls, he had some struggles in man-to-man coverage.

That combined with the fact that Ashton Youboty, Leodis McKelvin and Reggie Corner showed enough consistency and depth playing in the slot likely gave the coaching staff enough confidence to sacrifice some experience at the position.

Anderson and Spragan just never made an impact as neither was really able to advance past the third unit on the depth chart. Spragan was a training camp pickup after injuries struck the linebacker position this summer.

Another veteran who became a victim of a numbers game was DT Jason Jefferson, whose odds of making the roster were reduced after the offseason acquisitions of Marcus Stroud and Spencer Johnson.

Bills former fourth-round pick Dwayne Wright was also released as fumbling proved to be his undoing. Wright fumbled in three of the team's four preseason games. Instead rookie sixth-round pick Xavier Omon made the club as the team's third running back.

Surprisingly the coaching staff carried just three tight ends on the roster including the injured Derek Fine and Derek Schouman. Both Fine and Schouman are questionable at best for the opener with no firm timetable on a return for either.

Buffalo also went light at linebacker with just six kept on the roster including defensive back turned linebacker Jon Corto, an Orchard Park native

Rob S
08-30-2008, 05:10 PM
Only surprise is that we only kept 3 TE imo. I expected Wright to get cut.

SuperMcGee
08-30-2008, 05:14 PM
Yeah, same thought.
I'm a little surprised that all of Costanzo, Buggs, Banks, and Spragan were cut. Good for Corto to have emerged there, but I thought 7 was definitely a possibility.

Rob S
08-31-2008, 02:14 AM
costanzo will go practice squad tho. I figured out of Costanzo and Corto that one would make the roster and the other was a lock for PS.

TheBuffaloBills
09-01-2008, 10:13 AM
Corto reminds me a bit of Coy Wire. Both good special teams and safeties converted into linebackers.

Bills2083
09-01-2008, 12:26 PM
Here's a great article on Donte Whitner..

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview08/columns/story?columnist=graham_tim&id=3558120

TheBuffaloBills
09-01-2008, 04:01 PM
I am ready to punch a hole in the wall. Supposedly, McKelvin is going through the process to change his number to # 21. I bought a 28 McKelvin jersey 2 weeks ago....... I am so ticked off right now.........

SuperKevin
09-01-2008, 04:03 PM
I am ready to punch a hole in the wall. Supposedly, McKelvin is going through the process to change his number to # 21. I bought a 28 McKelvin jersey 2 weeks ago....... I am so ticked off right now.........

You never buy a rookie jersey until after week 1 has started.

Rob S
09-01-2008, 10:32 PM
Here's a great article on Donte Whitner..

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview08/columns/story?columnist=graham_tim&id=3558120

that is a damn good article. Nice post and thanks for not making a thread! plus rep for u.

SuperKevin
09-02-2008, 12:59 AM
I don't think it's been brought up but how solid was our draft this year. Everyone except for our 3rd 7th round pick made the team. That doesn't happen much anymore

TheBuffaloBills
09-02-2008, 05:58 PM
I don't think it's been brought up but how solid was our draft this year. Everyone except for our 3rd 7th round pick made the team. That doesn't happen much anymore

Now when people say, "Why do you watch the 7th round on tv, it doesnt matter". Well now you can tell them "Look at last year"

But yeah, it is a pretty solid draft. I got a question, If Walker, never got hurt and Peters showed up at camp every day, would Bell have made the team?

Bills2083
09-02-2008, 08:05 PM
According to Chris Brown, McKelvin is not changing his # to 21. He's keeping 28

BufFan71
09-03-2008, 06:14 PM
im getting tired of jason peters

im surprised that Omon made the team, i thought he was gonna be a P.S player this year. But with Wright's fumbling problems, i guess it gave him the advantage

SuperKevin
09-03-2008, 06:14 PM
im getting tired of jason peters

im surprised that Omon made the team, i thought he was gonna be a P.S player this year. But with Wright's fumbling problems, i guess it gave him the advantage

I wish Jason Peters would realize he wouldn't even be in the NFL if the Bills didn't take a chance on him as a UDFA. He should show some loyalty.

SuperMcGee
09-03-2008, 07:20 PM
And some sensibility.

Rob S
09-03-2008, 08:27 PM
i cant believe he is gonna sit out the regular season.

Rob S
09-03-2008, 08:44 PM
hey, everyone post in the feedback thread for the new board here.

TheBuffaloBills
09-03-2008, 10:26 PM
Seriously, do we know he is alive? I mean really, how do we really know? He might come back weighing 425 pounds. That would really suck.

TheBuffaloBills
09-04-2008, 04:54 PM
Crowell place on IR. Damn

Bills2083
09-04-2008, 05:17 PM
Apparently the Bills coaching staff decided they would be too shorthanded in the 2-4 week window in which Crowell would need to recover and created a roster spot by putting the veteran linebacker on injured reserve.

So Crowell will be ready to go by week 5? And we put him on IR???

fischbowl
09-04-2008, 05:18 PM
Now when people say, "Why do you watch the 7th round on tv, it doesnt matter". Well now you can tell them "Look at last year"

But yeah, it is a pretty solid draft. I got a question, If Walker, never got hurt and Peters showed up at camp every day, would Bell have made the team?

There's no question Bell would've made the team

Rob S
09-04-2008, 05:21 PM
damn man........no crowell hurts.

SuperMcGee
09-04-2008, 06:22 PM
Just awful. Crowell + Poz + Stroud would've been soooo good. Kawika better earn his money and Ellison better be able to tackle people. And Poz better be that good.
Just terrible news. Unexpected and a huge loss.

SuperKevin
09-04-2008, 07:26 PM
Who did we sign to replace Crowell?

Bills2083
09-04-2008, 07:35 PM
I dont think anybody (yet)

SuperKevin
09-04-2008, 07:38 PM
I hope we don't just promote Marcus Buggs off the PS. I'd like to see if we can get someone a little better

Bills2083
09-05-2008, 02:27 PM
please keep this as its own thread. its important

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/adam-schefter/

Even before the games begin, the Buffalo Bills and Pro Bowl left tackle Jason Peters have their first victory of the season.

Peters informed the Bills on Friday that he plans to end his summer-long holdout and report to the team Saturday, one day before Buffalo opens its season against Seattle. The team already has made the decision that Peters will not play Sunday against Seattle.

But Peters already has applied to the league for reinstatement and the NFL is expected to grant the Bills a two-game roster exemption.

However, Buffalo could opt to activate Peters at any time, and would be expected to do so next week, meaning he would likely be available to play Sept. 14 at Jacksonville.

Peters will not be arriving in Buffalo with the new contract he has been seeking. But both sides have agreed to maintain an open dialogue throughout the season with the hopes of striking a deal that will satisfy both sides. Peters has three years left on his contract.

Paving the way for Peters arrival were the talks the two sides had throughout the past week, when they began speaking Monday morning for the first time in a long time. Throughout the summer they had limited, if any contract, but with the regular season approaching, both sides recognized the need to open the lines of communication, which they did.

Those talks resulted in a compromise that will bolster Buffalo’s offensive line, afford quarterback Trent Edwards more time to throw, and running back Marshawn Lynch more holes to run through. Peters is on his way back, and this is a win even before the season begins.

Rob S
09-05-2008, 02:57 PM
No New Threads!!!!!

Rob S
09-05-2008, 02:59 PM
but great news indeed!

TheBuffaloBills
09-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Yes...............

fischbowl
09-05-2008, 06:35 PM
Blake Costanzo signed

TheBuffaloBills
09-06-2008, 07:35 AM
Hey guys, is it maybe possible to move this thread to the top and move the OT thread below it. When other fans post they just click on the top one, and post stuff about the Bills. It would make more sense.

Rob S
09-06-2008, 10:13 AM
Hey guys, is it maybe possible to move this thread to the top and move the OT thread below it. When other fans post they just click on the top one, and post stuff about the Bills. It would make more sense.

the order goes by the activity level in the threads

Rob S
09-06-2008, 10:14 AM
or...........i could unsticky everything but this the this would always be at the top? What do u guys want?

TheBuffaloBills
09-06-2008, 06:23 PM
or...........i could unsticky everything but this the this would always be at the top? What do u guys want?

That would be good. Thats a good idea.

SuperKevin
09-07-2008, 03:28 PM
Amazing all-around game for Buffalo today. Edwards made no mistakes at QB. Lynch ran hard all game. Evans finally was involved in an Edwards led passing attack. Defense had 5 sacks and an INT

TheBuffaloBills
09-07-2008, 04:34 PM
That game was amazing!!!!

Rob S
09-07-2008, 05:20 PM
we looked sick! I am soooo amped right now. lets just hope next week isnt a reality check haha

SuperKevin
09-07-2008, 05:20 PM
we looked sick! I am soooo amped right now. lets just hope next week isnt a reality check haha

As long as Trent Edwards plays it safe again I feel our defense and running game will keep us in any game.

Rob S
09-07-2008, 05:21 PM
That would be good. Thats a good idea.

done........

Leon Sandcastle
09-07-2008, 05:28 PM
An all around good game from our boys. Trent Edwards is going to have to be better. He was solid, but he looked a little jittery.

ST's was awesome and this game proves how much depth we have this season.

Guys like John McCargo, Reggie Corner and Chris Ellis were inactive.

Our top 2 rookies didn't see a lot of playing time.

We're going to get better.

Rob S
09-07-2008, 06:31 PM
An all around good game from our boys. Trent Edwards is going to have to be better. He was solid, but he looked a little jittery.

ST's was awesome and this game proves how much depth we have this season.

Guys like John McCargo, Reggie Corner and Chris Ellis were inactive.

Our top 2 rookies didn't see a lot of playing time.

We're going to get better.

How was Trent jittery? Other than the first few drives he was absolute money on most throws. He looked fantastic imo. If he gets better, it is a bonus because if u told me before the season that he would play like he did today, I would have been pumped.

SuperKevin
09-07-2008, 06:38 PM
Hate to ever wish injury on someone but if Tom Brady is in fact done for the year I'd have to consider Buffalo the favorites to win the AFC East

TheBuffaloBills
09-07-2008, 07:42 PM
Hate to ever wish injury on someone but if Tom Brady is in fact done for the year I'd have to consider Buffalo the favorites to win the AFC East

Its okay when its Tom Brady

BufFan71
09-07-2008, 08:09 PM
stroud and mitchell looked amazing today

Rob S
09-07-2008, 08:17 PM
McGee looked sick too. He is a #1 CB no ifs ands or buts about it.

And yeah, I hate wishing injury on someone. Would almost never do it, but a nice sized smile came across my face when i heard the glorious news.

Rob S
09-07-2008, 08:18 PM
and btw, I like this. The Bills section is poppin'. Lets make a run at that cowboys thread haha

SuperKevin
09-07-2008, 08:38 PM
My only issue with the team right now seems to be that we really do have no red zone offense. We're going to have someone, hopefully James Hardy, step up and be a reliable target in the endzone. We can't settle for 3 points every time we get in the redzone. Special Teams won't bail us out every game.

TheBuffaloBills
09-07-2008, 08:39 PM
stroud and mitchell looked amazing today

Stroud was a man-beast..

Yeah lets have this thread reach ultimate highs.

Rob S
09-07-2008, 09:00 PM
My only issue with the team right now seems to be that we really do have no red zone offense. We're going to have someone, hopefully James Hardy, step up and be a reliable target in the endzone. We can't settle for 3 points every time we get in the redzone. Special Teams won't bail us out every game.

yeah that and 3rd downs. Hopefully Hardy can do it. Honestly tho, we werent even in the red zone much today.

Bills2083
09-07-2008, 09:17 PM
yeah that and 3rd downs. Hopefully Hardy can do it. Honestly tho, we werent even in the red zone much today.

Yeah, but we were consistently around the 20 yard line. I remember a good amount of different drives where the offense stalled on the 21 or 22 yard-line, which is pretty close.

Anyway, I would've liked to see Hardy out there more. He couldn't have gotten much more than 5 snaps.

Rob S
09-07-2008, 09:44 PM
deleted for ya. But yeah, I agree. We took him high for a reason. But hey, if we win i dont care :)

fischbowl
09-07-2008, 09:50 PM
Everything meshed perfectly and we all looked fantastic today.

Special Teams was brilliant and I'd be the first on line to suck Bobby April's mahogany after today's showing.

Rob S
09-07-2008, 09:54 PM
Everything meshed perfectly and we all looked fantastic today.

Special Teams was brilliant and I'd be the first on line to suck Bobby April's mahogany after today's showing.

Hell yeah. Honestly, he should get some looks as a HC. He is amazing.

SuperKevin
09-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Im thinking about starting a facebook group about Tom Brady's injury

Rob S
09-07-2008, 09:56 PM
haha i am sure someone has beaten u to it

SuperKevin
09-07-2008, 09:57 PM
haha i am sure someone has beaten u to it

There are already some out there. I saw that

Rob S
09-07-2008, 09:57 PM
i will hold off and create a group when we clinch the east :)

Bills2083
09-07-2008, 10:37 PM
Superkevin, you have a facebook?

SuperKevin
09-07-2008, 10:38 PM
Superkevin, you have a facebook?

Yes. Yes I do.

Addict
09-08-2008, 04:50 AM
congrats on the victory, second-favourite team.

bored of education
09-08-2008, 12:35 PM
I amso happy to see how well the Bills played. Big news: Jason Peters will be playing next week!!!

Bills2083
09-08-2008, 04:29 PM
^also, Meester, Williams, and Manuwai are out for the Jags :D :D
Our Dline better be creating havoc next Sunday

SuperMcGee
09-08-2008, 05:08 PM
I amso happy to see how well the Bills played. Big news: Jason Peters will be playing next week!!!

Good, Kirk needs a solid backup :D

Rob S
09-08-2008, 11:24 PM
Good, Kirk needs a solid backup :D

haha........I'm pretty sure Peters will indeed be backing him up this week. Come week 3 tho, the beast is back.

Leon Sandcastle
09-10-2008, 03:29 AM
Marcus Stroud is going to wreck the Jaguars interior O-line. I don't think it's fair.

And I looked at our schedule if we win this Jaguars game, we could start off pretty hot.

Because our next three games are against the Raiders and Rams who looked horrible in Week 1 and are expected to be bad all season and then we travel to Arizona which could be a tough game but I like our chances.

We'd then have a BYE to study up on the Chargers.

This is the first time in a long time where I feel confident going into every game. We just need to stay healthy.

BufFan71
09-10-2008, 06:47 PM
the NFL reviewed Marcus Strouds stats..
on the season he has 6 tackles 2sacks a 2pdf

instead of 1.5sacks

bored of education
09-10-2008, 09:05 PM
Realistically, the bills could start 5-0. But I would like to see 4-1, go into the by with alot of confidence study up and face the chargers..then that woulc determine alot as to where the bills could be going. (future and now wise)

Rob S
09-10-2008, 09:20 PM
Realistically, the bills could start 5-0. But I would like to see 4-1, go into the by with alot of confidence study up and face the chargers..then that woulc determine alot as to where the bills could be going. (future and now wise)

Yeah our schedule starts out nicely. Personally I think a schedule's importance is WAY overrated, however, in the case of having a young QB and a new offense, it is beneficial to have tougher games late in the year.

TheBuffaloBills
09-11-2008, 09:24 PM
Why is your name Wide Right?

BTW, I would love to start off 4-1 or 5-0. We always start off slow and turn it on towards the end of the season. I am so pumped.

SuperKevin
09-11-2008, 10:07 PM
Why is your name Wide Right?

BTW, I would love to start off 4-1 or 5-0. We always start off slow and turn it on towards the end of the season. I am so pumped.

because Wide Right is probably the biggest piece of history in Bills folklore, good or bad

Bills2083
09-11-2008, 10:35 PM
Did you guys see this article?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...s-stroud_N.htm (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/bills/2008-09-10-marcus-stroud_N.htm)

Stroud's Homecoming party!

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — Marcus Stroud wants you to believe going back to Jacksonville Sunday doesn't mean a thing to him.
"Just another game," he says.

But he's returning to the scene of his prime, where he made the Pro Bowl as a run-stuffing defensive tackle three times. The Buffalo Bills got him by trade in March — for a pair of draft picks — while he was recovering from ankle surgery.

PHOTOS: The week in the NFL

So does Stroud really feel nothing about going back.

FIND MORE STORIES IN: Georgia | Pro Bowl | Jacksonville | Buffalo Bills | Seattle Seahawks | Jaguars | Pat Williams | Ted Washington | Chris Kelsay | Stroud | Cornelius Bennett
"Well, you know, it is what it is," he says. "That's the business aspect of it. I get to go back home and play against some of my old guys, go have a great time."

His smile suggests this is clearly more than just another game.

"No," he says, still smiling. "My incentive is just being healthy and going out there and playing like I know I can play. I'm trying to get back to my level and do stuff that makes me happy."

He looked over-the-moon happy as the Bills beat the Seattle Seahawks 34-10 in Week 1, continually exhorting a sell-out crowd.

The stat sheet accorded Stroud six tackles, two tipped passes and he was originally credited with a half-sack, before having the stat was officially changed to two.

"I was like a kid out there," he says. "That's how I play the game. I like to have fun, like to get the fans into it. I feed off their energy and I try to pass my energy off to the rest of the guys."

What the stats didn't show was the way his massive frame — 6-6, 310 pounds — opened up avenues for other defenders. Sometimes he played end, sometimes standing up like a linebacker. And he played with joy, raising his arms and calling for ever more noise.

"The Buffalo crowd was great, man," he says. "I was able to feed off them. That's a wild bunch, more like a college crowd than a pro crowd. It reminds me of being back at Georgia. I love it."

The Bills have not had a dominating man in the middle since the days of Pat Williams and Ted Washington. Stroud, 30, appeared fully recovered from his ankle surgery, running down backs with an agility belying his size.

"He's not a big fat guy who usually takes plays off," defensive end Chris Kelsay says. "He plays hard. He runs to the ball. He even does it in practice."

Safety Donte Whitner says he noticed that ferocity the first day of training camp.

"Maybe when we made the trade, people thought, 'Oh, he's washed up,' " Whitner says. "Oh, no, no, no, no. He's dominating out there."

Stroud says he can play better and, anyway, it was only one game. "It was rewarding, but it's early," he says. "I want to be a guy that is able to turn it on every week. I don't want to be that guy who has flashes."

Stroud has a chance to be Buffalo's best defender to come by trade since linebacker Cornelius Bennett in 1987. The enormity of that suggestion doesn't faze him.

"Well, I hope so, man," Stroud says. "I want to come up here and play well and be an impact player. And that's exactly what I'm going to do."

Next stop on that journey: Jacksonville. His teammates say pay no attention to his protestations.

"He might put up that front," Kelsay says, "but he's got a chip on his shoulder. And that's good for us."

Whitner thinks it will be very bad for the Jaguars.

"When they look at the film, they're going to be, 'Why did we ever let this guy go?' " Whitner says. "And that's what we want them to say. We know he has a lot of motivation. He's not going to confess to it but he does, because he feels like he was a franchise guy and they let him go.

"It's only natural. We're all human. So you know he wants to go in there and have a great game and dance around in front of the fans that he played in front of for so long. And he has every right to do that and I believe he will."

Rob S
09-13-2008, 05:21 PM
I am so amped for this game! Unfortunately I cant watch it, I cant go home from uni to enjoy the Sunday Ticket goodness because I have work at 5 tomorrow.....

SuperKevin
09-13-2008, 05:30 PM
I read that Peters is expected to start tomorrow.

Rob S
09-13-2008, 05:41 PM
I read that Peters is expected to start tomorrow.
that seems to be the general feeling. I think its the right call personally.

TheBuffaloBills
09-13-2008, 09:52 PM
that seems to be the general feeling. I think its the right call personally.

Yeah, I agree. Lets get him in their ASAP.

Rob S
09-14-2008, 11:47 AM
and he is starting.....lets show Jax how it's done

Rob S
09-14-2008, 12:14 PM
so, did we look as good on that drive as the numbers suggest?

SuperMcGee
09-14-2008, 12:18 PM
so, did we look as good on that drive as the numbers suggest?

It was such an easy "march down the field with short but perfect gains" drive. Lynch looked great, line looked great, Edwards looked great. Everything was spot on.

SuperKevin
09-14-2008, 04:23 PM
Great win for Buffalo today. 2-0 with both wins coming against playoff teams from last year.

Bills2083
09-14-2008, 04:43 PM
How did the Bills look? (I only got to listen to the game due to work)

SuperKevin
09-14-2008, 04:54 PM

I had to watch on NFL gamecast. I was told Edwards looked really good though

SuperMcGee
09-14-2008, 05:17 PM

Great, then ehh, then we completely lost momentum (onside kick, fumble), then in the 4th quarter it seemed like we were just the better team, and we knew it. Held them to a 4-play drive in their own zone, then the drive to take the lead with exactly what we needed in it (Great 30 yard route by Evans, TD to Hardy on the next play). A great 3-and-out for the D after that and the Lindell kick to make it tough. A dominant 4th quarter pretty much. Started great and finished great, it was nice to see.

Of course, it was a very tense game. Running game really slowed down as theg ame progressed, our receivers weren't getting open as much for a while. We couldn't tackle, especially not Garrard. You hate to see Groves get around Peters to force that fumble. We got lucky with a few drops, but outside of a few big cushions we weren't leaving anybody too open.
It wasn't the best performance, for a while in the 3rd it seemed like we'd let it get away, but we never let them completely take over and we played like winners in the end.

Fred Jackson looked studly catching the ball, a lot of changing personnel on the lines (it wasn't the best performance for the OL), kick return game was stifled but I remember from last year that Jacksonville has a great kick coverage unit. James Hardy actually did something, but another one went through his hands with a defender coming in behind him. Evans was impressive again. Lynch started out great, still fought hard as the game went on.

Edwards was very accurate, we kept things underneath for the most part but the 3rd down pass to Evans to set up Hardy's TD was beautiful, and I think he had to avoid a little pressure before it as well. I liked what I saw from Moorman and Lindell, Parrish was nice on punts with a good return called back.

Stroud continued to take up blockers, Kelsay and Williams were able to get free a couple of times. Schobel didn't disrupt much and missed a tackle on Garrard. Poz looked pretty good, had a nice hit on Garrard on a blitz up the gut, and he almost killed MoJo. McGee and Greer gave up some ctachers in front of them but made only one big mistake between them with McGee whiffing on a play for the ball.

Bills2083
09-14-2008, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the great write-up, McGee.
+rep for you.

TheBuffaloBills
09-14-2008, 06:55 PM

Edwards look amazing out there. Great zip and accuracy when throwing the ball. His passer rating was 119.8! 80% completion. Just superb.

SuperKevin
09-14-2008, 06:56 PM
Edwards is reminding me of Chad Pennington from a few years ago

TheBuffaloBills
09-14-2008, 07:15 PM
Edwards is reminding me of Chad Pennington from a few years ago

Dont jinx him. Edwards has proved he can throw the long ball accurately.

The Unseen
09-14-2008, 08:48 PM
Good game guys. Trent Edwards looks fo realz.

Rob S
09-15-2008, 07:15 AM
Good game guys. Trent Edwards looks fo realz.

thanks.......good to see a classy fan every now and then :)

SuperKevin
09-15-2008, 11:09 PM
I hate to look ahead and potentially jinx the team but we have a very strong chance to go 4-0. We have Oakland and St. Louis the next two weeks.

fischbowl
09-16-2008, 03:08 PM
McGee kind of said it all for me. Trent looked amazing and the passing game was spot-on. Our defence seemed shoddy at times, and Ashton Youboty seemed like the only person who could make a clean tackle.

Rob S
09-16-2008, 04:16 PM
First two weeks have been fairy tale. Cant ask for much more than 2 wins against 2 playoff teams, one being a super bowl contender. We just cant overlook the Raiders. This week will tell us a lot about the team. If we come out focused we should beat them handily.

TheBuffaloBills
09-16-2008, 05:48 PM
Peter King said Stroud and Youboty are playing at probowl levels right now. I dont know about you, but I dont see many nickel CB's making the probowl.

fischbowl
09-16-2008, 07:23 PM
Peter King said Stroud and Youboty are playing at probowl levels right now. I dont know about you, but I dont see many nickel CB's making the probowl.

Let alone nickel corners who near missed making the team

SuperMcGee
09-17-2008, 11:51 AM
Going back to the last play of the game, had they ruled, after review, that it was not a fumble or forward lateral, would they really have been able to run another play? If there was no issue the clock would've kept running due to him being tackled in bounds, and they had no timeouts, and the game would've ended 20-16 three seconds later. The announcers kept saying the possibility of them having a shot at the endzone had it been ruled in their favor (regardless of two ways that it wouldn't have been) while it was under review. So would the review completely stop the clock for them to run another play?

TheBuffaloBills
09-17-2008, 09:27 PM
Going back to the last play of the game, had they ruled, after review, that it was not a fumble or forward lateral, would they really have been able to run another play? If there was no issue the clock would've kept running due to him being tackled in bounds, and they had no timeouts, and the game would've ended 20-16 three seconds later. The announcers kept saying the possibility of them having a shot at the endzone had it been ruled in their favor (regardless of two ways that it wouldn't have been) while it was under review. So would the review completely stop the clock for them to run another play?

Yeah!!! When the play was under review, I was thinking the same thing. If they would have allowed another play, thats a flaw in the system. I am glad you brought that up because I was wondering the same thing.

dunagan15
09-18-2008, 12:33 AM
Great win for the Bills, havent posted on the Bills board yet, but I do read all yalls posts. Ive grown up in a Falcons household so thats what I grew to love.

But for the past 7 years I have always followed Buffalo and I guess you could say they are my # 2 team if that allowed. I usually hate when people have like 4 favorite teams so that why I stick to one, but after those first 2 wins this year its hard to not get excited.

Sorry for the rambling guys, just wanted to introduce myself, as I will post here and there.

Rob S
09-18-2008, 06:03 AM
Great win for the Bills, havent posted on the Bills board yet, but I do read all yalls posts. Ive grown up in a Falcons household so thats what I grew to love.

But for the past 7 years I have always followed Buffalo and I guess you could say they are my # 2 team if that allowed. I usually hate when people have like 4 favorite teams so that why I stick to one, but after those first 2 wins this year its hard to not get excited.

Sorry for the rambling guys, just wanted to introduce myself, as I will post here and there.

nice, welcome aboard.

TheBuffaloBills
09-18-2008, 06:05 PM
Lets try to get this thread hopin'. I want a page a week.

SuperKevin
09-18-2008, 07:57 PM
What are your predictions for this weeks game against the Raiders?

I'm thinking the offense has a coming out party against the Raiders. I think Lynch will have his first 100 yard game of the year and Edwards will throw for 2 TD passes. Final Score Oakland 13 Buffalo 37

SuperKevin
09-18-2008, 11:48 PM
Oh, anyone else hoping we trade JP Losman to Minnesota?

Leon Sandcastle
09-19-2008, 12:05 AM
Depending on what they want to fork back. I do value Losman as our backup. I know Losman is a UFA at the end of the season. Any way we can do a sign and trade.

SuperKevin
09-19-2008, 12:14 AM
Depending on what they want to fork back. I do value Losman as our backup. I know Losman is a UFA at the end of the season. Any way we can do a sign and trade.

I think Gibran Hamdan can be just as good of a backup as Losman. I wouldn't mind getting a 4th or 5th rounder for Losman. Our organization has proven we know how to draft in the later rounds.

Rob S
09-19-2008, 07:17 AM
I think Gibran Hamdan can be just as good of a backup as Losman. I wouldn't mind getting a 4th or 5th rounder for Losman. Our organization has proven we know how to draft in the later rounds.

maybe in time Hamdan can be, but I would not be comfortable losing Losman now unless we can somehow bring in a guy like Garcia if he gets cut. When teams dont plan for JP, he picks them apart for some reason. He has been absolute money off the bench. I say we keep him and trade in the offseason if the value is there.

SuperKevin
09-19-2008, 07:39 AM
maybe in time Hamdan can be, but I would not be comfortable losing Losman now unless we can somehow bring in a guy like Garcia if he gets cut. When teams dont plan for JP, he picks them apart for some reason. He has been absolute money off the bench. I say we keep him and trade in the offseason if the value is there.

Isn't he a FA after this season? Then we risk letting him walk with no compensation

Rob S
09-19-2008, 02:41 PM
Isn't he a FA after this season? Then we risk letting him walk with no compensation

I though he had one more year, hmmmm. Not sure. Either way, I think better safe than sorry.

Bills2083
09-19-2008, 08:03 PM
^JP's contract is up after this season.
Even though he is soon to be a free agent, I say we keep him. I dont think If Edwards goes down, Hamdan will be able to play well enough to beat #1 defenses. At least not yet. Also, JP knows the system, and he plays well when he comes off the bench.
I dont think we'll get much for him in a trade, so I think we play it safe and keep him.

Rob S
09-20-2008, 08:57 AM
I think this is a good game to use in order to gauge where we're at here. If we are a good team, we will beat the Raiders. If we are a team that can push deep into the playoffs rather than getting rolled in rd.1, we will step on their throats and put on a dominating performance.

SuperKevin
09-20-2008, 11:35 AM
I think this is a good game to use in order to gauge where we're at here. If we are a good team, we will beat the Raiders. If we are a team that can push deep into the playoffs rather than getting rolled in rd.1, we will step on their throats and put on a dominating performance.

I agree. We have to prove that we can dominate the bad teams.

fischbowl
09-20-2008, 02:03 PM

I agree, JP has to be traded. Lee Evans would be broke though.

Hamdan is can be a fine backup and we could even look to picking up a 3rd Stringer on the waiver wire or maybe Quinn Gray until the draft. I'd like to pick up maybe Tom Brandstater in the 4th or so.

SuperKevin
09-20-2008, 02:38 PM
I agree, JP has to be traded. Lee Evans would be broke though.

Hamdan is can be a fine backup and we could even look to picking up a 3rd Stringer on the waiver wire or maybe Quinn Gray until the draft. I'd like to pick up maybe Tom Brandstater in the 4th or so.

Or we can bring back Matt Baker who was in camp with us.

fischbowl
09-20-2008, 05:42 PM
Or Matt Baker.....

BufFan71
09-20-2008, 08:40 PM
matt baker is horrible

SuperKevin
09-20-2008, 08:47 PM
matt baker is horrible

As a 3rd QB he's not that bad

SuperMcGee
09-20-2008, 10:47 PM
I'd rather keep Losman around for now.
And if we ever had to bring in a QB, it better damn well be Craig Nall.

TheBuffaloBills
09-20-2008, 11:22 PM
We need to keep J.P. God forbid if Trent goes down, I will have a little faith in Losman. He is an upgrade over Hamdan in my books.

fischbowl
09-21-2008, 03:04 AM
First weekly Bills and Beers Party tomorrow in my room.

Labatt 40's and some Bills football

PACKmanN
09-21-2008, 03:22 AM
We need to keep J.P. God forbid if Trent goes down, I will have a little faith in Losman. He is an upgrade over Hamdan in my books.

I think you guys should trade Losman and contact the Eagles about Feeley. You trade away a 6th-7th for Feeley and get a 4th(could go as high as a 3rd.)

Rob S
09-21-2008, 01:30 PM
we look like utter crap

SuperKevin
09-21-2008, 01:31 PM
Only bright spot is our red zone defense. Clutch in only allowing 3 FGs

Rob S
09-21-2008, 01:55 PM
yup.......i will say that the raiders are a better team than i thought. They really rebounded from week 1. Still tho, we need to get it in gear

Rob S
09-21-2008, 02:21 PM
in need of some more 4th quarter heroics by trent and co.

Rob S
09-21-2008, 02:42 PM
gutsy drive right there. If we can come back again, I will be a huge believer in this team and Trent.

SuperKevin
09-21-2008, 03:15 PM
Best 4th quarter team in football. I was scared for most of that game

Rob S
09-21-2008, 03:16 PM
trent edwards is simply amazing, ice water runs in his veins.

SuperKevin
09-21-2008, 03:24 PM
trent edwards is simply amazing, ice water runs in his veins.

Seriously. So much poise under pressure

SuperMcGee
09-21-2008, 03:26 PM
Amazing finish, how do we get so much better in the 4th.
I think I finally stopped shaking. So tense, so unbelievably amazing.
Rare miss early on, but Lindell is money when staring down 0s on the game clock. Edwards is just as clutch. Holy balls what a great finish.

SuperKevin
09-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Lynch was huge in this game. Now we just need him to get more ypc.

fischbowl
09-21-2008, 03:29 PM
A great ending to a game that frankly scared the bejeezus out of me for the first 3 Quarters. Trent Edwards is ******* money as always.

1st Place Friends, First Place

SuperMcGee
09-21-2008, 03:53 PM
Lynch was huge in this game. Now we just need him to get more ypc.

Absolutely. The 6 yard gain on 3rd-and-5 inside our own 10 on the 96 yard drive that he capped himself was probably the biggest play of the game. I was surprised not to see Freddy in there more, especially in catching situations that Marshawn got plenty of, but Lynch was great for us.
Poz had a very solid game, as well.

fischbowl
09-21-2008, 03:55 PM
If Gibril Wilson doesn't get suspended, so help me god

Rob S
09-21-2008, 05:12 PM
If Gibril Wilson doesn't get suspended, so help me god

i think he will get a game

Bills2083
09-21-2008, 05:13 PM
^I was at the game and they didnt say why Wilson was ejected. What did he do?
Anyway, our passing game looked awful in the first 3 quarters. Then Edwards started to pick it up in the 4th, which is always good to see. The stadium erupted when there was 7:59 remaining in the 4th. I don't remember the last time it was that loud.

on a side note, I saw a few of these shirts at the game.
http://images.cafepress.com/product/302854330v5_240x240_Front.jpg

Leon Sandcastle
09-21-2008, 05:22 PM
I was shaking as well. When we beat the Seahawks I was pumped, when we beat the Jaguars I was giddy and the way we beat the Raiders was heart wrenching.

Can we call this the Edwards Era now?

I just finished watching the Edwards Press Conference and this kid has it. I loved how he talked about I want to win for my coach more than anything else and a lot of other guys in that locker room feel the same way.

This is a team.

SuperKevin
09-21-2008, 06:15 PM
I'm sure Buffalo is going to be this years bandwagon favorite.

dunagan15
09-21-2008, 06:56 PM
great game today, Raiders were more impressive than many beleived, but good teams find a way to win. Way to go Trent and Marshawn.

BufFan71
09-21-2008, 07:43 PM
hey, time to give out reps to bills fans lol

fischbowl
09-21-2008, 08:11 PM
I was shaking as well. When we beat the Seahawks I was pumped, when we beat the Jaguars I was giddy and the way we beat the Raiders was heart wrenching.

Can we call this the Edwards Era now?

I just finished watching the Edwards Press Conference and this kid has it. I loved how he talked about I want to win for my coach more than anything else and a lot of other guys in that locker room feel the same way.

This is a team.

While he has been fantastic thus far, at least give it a season before we dub this the Edwards Era

SuperKevin
09-21-2008, 08:18 PM
While he has been fantastic thus far, at least give it a season before we dub this the Edwards Era

Agreed. I'd have to see him lead us into January first

Rob S
09-21-2008, 09:08 PM
hey, time to give out reps to bills fans lol

ur just begging for it, but w/e the Bills won. I am down for a rep orgy.

SuperKevin
09-21-2008, 10:15 PM
Has anyone noticed that the Bills have one of the larger fan bases on this forum?

Rob S
SuperMcGee
SuperKevin
fischbowl
TheBuffaloBills
BufFan71
dunagan15
Wide Right
Bills2083

Pretty good for such a small market team.

Rob S
09-21-2008, 10:37 PM
Has anyone noticed that the Bills have one of the larger fan bases on this forum?

Rob S
SuperMcGee
SuperKevin
fischbowl
TheBuffaloBills
BufFan71
dunagan15
Wide Right
Bills2083

yeah. And a lot of them, at least imo, are quality posters and knowledgeable fans. I think bills fans enjoy a pretty good rep on the boards.

SuperKevin
09-21-2008, 10:38 PM
yeah. And a lot of them, at least imo, are quality posters and knowledgeable fans. I think bills fans enjoy a pretty good rep on the boards.

Certainly better than Browns fans.

dunagan15
09-22-2008, 12:18 AM
Certainly better than Browns fans.

haha agreed, tough to be a browns fan right now, probably reminding them of the past decade...

SuperKevin
09-22-2008, 12:19 AM
What makes me so optimistic about the Bills is that we're doing this with young talent. We didn't just load up on a ton of aging vets to try to make the playoffs. We built our team through the draft and it's starting to pay huge dividends.

Iamcanadian
09-22-2008, 12:35 AM
Well, here's hoping we make the playoffs this year because when Brady returns, it will be much more difficult.
I'm also hoping that by selling off a few games to Toronto we will have the financial resources to maintain our current team and improve upon it. In the FA era, Buffalo has really suffered by not having the financial resources to compete with the better teams in the NFL and has been unable to retain the FA's it wanted.
This team seems to have a bright future as long as we are financially stable.

Rob S
09-22-2008, 06:53 AM
Well, here's hoping we make the playoffs this year because when Brady returns, it will be much more difficult.
I'm also hoping that by selling off a few games to Toronto we will have the financial resources to maintain our current team and improve upon it. In the FA era, Buffalo has really suffered by not having the financial resources to compete with the better teams in the NFL and has been unable to retain the FA's it wanted.
This team seems to have a bright future as long as we are financially stable.

Thats somewhat true, but thats more Ralph not opening his wallet tbh. I love Ralph, but he had been a cheap owner up until like 2 years ago. Guys get truckloads of dough in FA, if u want them, u gotta pay up. Sometimes its the right decision to pass tho.....I am kind of glad we're not like the Skins.

bored of education
09-22-2008, 10:29 AM
I'm sure Buffalo is going to be this years bandwagon favorite.

I am on it!!!!!!!!

bored of education
09-22-2008, 10:29 AM

Rob S
SuperMcGee
SuperKevin
fischbowl
TheBuffaloBills
BufFan71
dunagan15
Wide Right
Bills2083

and you got me who loves the Bills and fully supports everything they do...except when they play the CHIEFS.

LOL

Rob S
09-22-2008, 10:44 AM
I am on it!!!!!!!!

you have been on for a while tho, so your allowed!

bored of education
09-22-2008, 11:27 AM
you have been on for a while tho, so your allowed!
WOOOO!!!

The Rams next week for the Bills. A trap game maybe, they should do fine though.

TheBuffaloBills
09-22-2008, 07:09 PM
WOOOO!!!

The Rams next week for the Bills. A trap game maybe, they should do fine though.

Nah, I think the Raiders game was going to be the trap game if it was going to happen. Luckily the Bills pulled through

BufFan71
09-22-2008, 08:22 PM
man 4-0 is gonna be pretty sweet

Rob S
09-22-2008, 11:02 PM
man 4-0 is gonna be pretty sweet

I should delete that post.......the games are played on the field. Dont jinx us!

The rams are pretty terrible tho......alright, yeah, 4-0 will be sweet :)

Lets just hope the team doesnt think like us.

giantsfan
09-23-2008, 12:45 AM
I've really got a good feeling about the bills, if they can stay healthy for the most part I see them actually making some noise in the playoffs, before the season I had them as a one and done wildcard team, but they showed great resiliency against Jacksonville and Trent showed enormous clutch, although they should have tried the deep ball sooner on that last drive as the previous 5 or 6 passes didn't go past 7 yards (guestimates taking into account drunk vision).

And hopefully that Raiders game will help keep the team focused because I'm not a big Jauron believer, especially when his team is out of that underdog role. However if the players stay self motivated and concentrated they really are looking like a team that you might really not want to play in the playoffs, especially once the offensive line gets back in sync, they're playing well right now but they can be better.

Edit:
Also want to mention Kyle Williams, I watched the first two bills games and dude was doing things. Love seeing that big boy succeeding with that great engine. However I was drinking during both of those games, so I wasn't exactly able to focus in on guys which is why I'm curious what you guys think about Chris Kelsay's role once Ellis is acclimated to the NFL enough to really log some minutes as a situational pass rusher, and why isn't McCargo playing as well as he should?

Bills2083
09-23-2008, 03:01 PM
Good article from Sports Illustrated...
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/09/23/afc/index.html?eref=T1

dunagan15
09-23-2008, 07:44 PM
Bills finally gettin some love from ESPN, ranked 6th in power rankings. I guess that heart and determination in the 4th quarter is making a statement.

I know the Rams are this week and are by far the worst team in the NFL but I hope we realize that and dont play down to their level.

Go Bills, on our way to 4-0

Rob S
09-23-2008, 08:27 PM
I've really got a good feeling about the bills, if they can stay healthy for the most part I see them actually making some noise in the playoffs, before the season I had them as a one and done wildcard team, but they showed great resiliency against Jacksonville and Trent showed enormous clutch, although they should have tried the deep ball sooner on that last drive as the previous 5 or 6 passes didn't go past 7 yards (guestimates taking into account drunk vision).

And hopefully that Raiders game will help keep the team focused because I'm not a big Jauron believer, especially when his team is out of that underdog role. However if the players stay self motivated and concentrated they really are looking like a team that you might really not want to play in the playoffs, especially once the offensive line gets back in sync, they're playing well right now but they can be better.

Edit:
Also want to mention Kyle Williams, I watched the first two bills games and dude was doing things. Love seeing that big boy succeeding with that great engine. However I was drinking during both of those games, so I wasn't exactly able to focus in on guys which is why I'm curious what you guys think about Chris Kelsay's role once Ellis is acclimated to the NFL enough to really log some minutes as a situational pass rusher, and why isn't McCargo playing as well as he should?

Kelsay is playing quite well actually, finally living up to that big deal. He is the starter unless Ellis just destroys in camp next year. McCargo plays pretty well, but as u said Kyle Williams is killing it this year so time is tight.

SuperMcGee
09-23-2008, 08:32 PM
Bills finally gettin some love from ESPN, ranked 6th in power rankings. I guess that heart and determination in the 4th quarter is making a statement.

I know the Rams are this week and are by far the worst team in the NFL but I hope we realize that and dont play down to their level.

Go Bills, on our way to 4-0

SportingNews had us 3rd. It freaked me out. Too weird and too high at the same time.

Rob S
09-23-2008, 08:36 PM
WOOOO!!!

Hey, thanks for posting here by the way. Its nice to get some quality posters in here other than Bills fans. It can only help grow our little section of the forum.

Rob S
09-23-2008, 08:37 PM
SportingNews had us 3rd. It freaked me out. Too weird and too high at the same time.

Yeah I saw that. I really do feel that power rankings are somewhat useless and stupid, however, it is soooo amazing seeing the Bills top 10 :)

bored of education
09-23-2008, 09:44 PM
No problem. I enjoy the Bills and find many of you guys enjoyable to read. If I was to renounce my fanhood of the chiefs you know exactly where I woluld be. Even though my team sucks I won't leave. But I will always have a place for the Bills in my <3. Beast mode going off this week btw.

TheBuffaloBills
09-23-2008, 09:48 PM
What do you guys think is the best ranking for us? I dont think we should be in the top 3, but we deserve top 8? What do you guys think?

I will say 5th is fair.

bored of education
09-23-2008, 10:00 PM
Hmmm. Interesting. I would say 3rd-6th. Cowboys, Eagles and Broncos I would put before them I think.

SuperKevin
09-23-2008, 11:06 PM
What do you guys think is the best ranking for us? I dont think we should be in the top 3, but we deserve top 8? What do you guys think?

I will say 5th is fair.

In all honesty This is how I'd see it going

1. Dallas
2. Denver
3. Philly
4. Green Bay
5. San Diego
6. Buffalo

Rob S
09-24-2008, 10:35 AM
I think the 6-8 range is where we belong. Our performance against the Raiders was gutsy, but it shouldn't have been that hard.

Iamcanadian
09-24-2008, 01:19 PM
Thats somewhat true, but thats more Ralph not opening his wallet tbh. I love Ralph, but he had been a cheap owner up until like 2 years ago. Guys get truckloads of dough in FA, if u want them, u gotta pay up. Sometimes its the right decision to pass tho.....I am kind of glad we're not like the Skins.

I really don't think the fans totally understand the effects of being a small market city. Yes, TV revenue is divided equaly but the bigger centers are able to garner millions more in outside revenue. This can easily amount to a couple of hundred millions of $$$'s. Without this kind of revenue the small market teams simply cannot compete for the higher ranked FA's or afford to say extend and raise the pay of a player like Peters. It is now almost written in stone that Peters will move on when he becomes a FA. Unless Ralph can find this kind of revenue we will always have a very small window of opportunity to be a serious playoff contender.
I find it very interesting that all the owners who are considered cheap in pro football own teams in small market communities. Is the owner just cheap or are they seriously limited by revenues, I think the latter is the case.

SuperMcGee
09-24-2008, 03:31 PM
Fudging balls, Roscoe is out 4-6 weeks

He's coming off of one of his best game as a receiver. This seriously blows. Both of our top rookies are now in situations where they need to step up huge, and neither has looked that great so far.

TheBuffaloBills
09-24-2008, 05:22 PM
Lets hope we see more of Hardy or Steve Johnson

essential
09-24-2008, 05:26 PM
I don't think Denver is a head of us. Yes their offense is better, but their defense has given up like 40pts a game. I think we are the better team overall.

Rob S
09-24-2008, 11:07 PM
I really don't think the fans totally understand the effects of being a small market city. Yes, TV revenue is divided equaly but the bigger centers are able to garner millions more in outside revenue. This can easily amount to a couple of hundred millions of $$$'s. Without this kind of revenue the small market teams simply cannot compete for the higher ranked FA's or afford to say extend and raise the pay of a player like Peters. It is now almost written in stone that Peters will move on when he becomes a FA. Unless Ralph can find this kind of revenue we will always have a very small window of opportunity to be a serious playoff contender.
I find it very interesting that all the owners who are considered cheap in pro football own teams in small market communities. Is the owner just cheap or are they seriously limited by revenues, I think the latter is the case.

Ralph would have a ton of money regardless, he's loaded. He can certainly afford it. Look at the money we have shelled out the past 2 years. I think we have just have to make prudent decisions and not blow massive contacts on obviously average players.

Rob S
09-24-2008, 11:09 PM
Fudging balls, Roscoe is out 4-6 weeks

He's coming off of one of his best game as a receiver. This seriously blows. Both of our top rookies are now in situations where they need to step up huge, and neither has looked that great so far.

hopefully hardy will do it. Honestly, if we didnt have McKelvin it would be much worse because Roscoe's PR skills are still his main area of impact even tho he has improved greatly as a WR.

dunagan15
09-25-2008, 01:41 AM
hopefully hardy will do it. Honestly, if we didnt have McKelvin it would be much worse because Roscoe's PR skills are still his main area of impact even tho he has improved greatly as a WR.

I love Roscoe, that little guy is awesome. This will hurt on those 3rd and 6 situations not having Roscoe crossing and not having a true Pass catching TE. Hopefully Hardy can step up and fill this need, I like Hardy a lot but Roscoe will be missed.

SuperKevin
09-25-2008, 07:22 AM
Roscoe Parrish is a good player but honestly, aside from the TD last week, he's rarely used in the offense. This loss won't hurt us too much.

eaglesalltheway
09-25-2008, 07:35 AM
Roscoe Parrish is a good player but honestly, aside from the TD last week, he's rarely used in the offense. This loss won't hurt us too much.

Over the course of a month (at least) you will defintiely see a small difference in the offense, but like you said, it will not be drastic by any means. It will give you rother receivers opportunities to show what they can do. I'm pullin' for ya Bills, beat the Pats (twice) for AFC East domination!!!

SuperMcGee
09-25-2008, 01:54 PM

I've never been overly impressed with Roscoe the receiver, but he has gotten better and I'm definitely fretting over the fact that our receivers now after Evans and Reed have combined for 2 receptions in the NFL. Royal is too inconsistent and generally mediocre, Schouman has not looked good at all this year in games. At least Freddy and Marshawn can grab it out of the backfield, but this is not something that I can calmly assume wont hurt us much. I don't want any roadblocks, and this one can affect us in multiple aspects.

bored of education
09-25-2008, 09:33 PM
We will see more of Hardy which is a good thing.

dunagan15
09-25-2008, 09:37 PM
We will see more of Hardy which is a good thing.

Agreed, Hardy is a nice big target for Trent. Should do fine.

Bills2083
09-26-2008, 06:38 AM
Edwards Rides Wave of Success
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/bills/2008-09-25-edwards-cover_N.htm

I reccomend reading this. It's a great article.

SuperMcGee
09-26-2008, 07:12 PM
Is a good thing? Should do fine? I'd be saying these things too if he'd actually looked good so far, but he hasn't. I'm not saying he can't/won't be good, I'm saying I'll be comfortable when I see it. If he was doing that good, being the "guy we've needed", then we'd probably see him lined up at WR more than Fred Jackson.
That said, he's not exactly taking over for Lee Evans. The dropoff shouldn't be huge and hopefully his size can be as much of a weapon as Roscoe's dynamicness. But he needs to be better than he has been.

fischbowl
09-27-2008, 11:50 AM
Did anyone, ANYONE look at my mock?

SuperKevin
09-27-2008, 12:01 PM
Did anyone, ANYONE look at my mock?

I did and I commented on it. You happy now?

fischbowl
09-27-2008, 12:21 PM
I did and I commented on it. You happy now?

I'm content

SuperKevin
09-28-2008, 02:24 PM
Today's game against the Rams will determine whether or not Buffalo is the real deal this year. We need to come out and dominate the Rams on the road. We can't rely on another 4th quarter comeback

SuperKevin
09-28-2008, 02:27 PM
If the Bills manage to get a home game in the playoffs this year, I'm willing to pay whatever it takes to go to the game. Who can I stay with?

fischbowl
09-28-2008, 03:22 PM
If the Bills manage to get a home game in the playoffs this year, I'm willing to pay whatever it takes to go to the game. Who can I stay with?

You know you're always welcome on my blow up bed.

BufFan71
09-28-2008, 04:35 PM
wow.... we look like absolute crap

the way we are playing, this is not a playoff caliber team

SuperKevin
09-28-2008, 04:36 PM
We need to learn how to play on the road. And for all 4 quarters

SuperKevin
09-28-2008, 05:58 PM
I love this team in the 4th quarter. 1st quarter not so much.

bored of education
09-28-2008, 06:17 PM
The Bills play to win the game in the 4th

fischbowl
09-28-2008, 06:17 PM
Absolutely great comeback I'm very impressed.

4-0!!!

SuperKevin
09-28-2008, 06:18 PM
I said this in the gameday thread but I'll say it here too.

Lee Evans is officially no longer the President of the JP Losman fan club. He's averaging 20+ yards a catch

TheBuffaloBills
09-28-2008, 06:57 PM
We literally pulled 31 points out of no where. Very good.

SuperKevin
09-28-2008, 06:58 PM
We really needed to dominate the Rams to prove we are a contender and we didn't do that. Next weeks game with Arizona should be huge

SuperMcGee
09-28-2008, 07:04 PM
Schouman and Hardy are two weapons that really could be a lot of use to us. We saw some of that catch and run stuff from Schouman last year before he got hurt, and he has been pretty bad thus far, but with Barnes out (however longer he may be out), I'd love to see Schouman become something reliable out of his renewed H-back role.
We all know the story with Hardy. He found separation once all game and he was overthrown, and he wasn't able to use his size when he did have someone on him. Was he even targeted after the first?

SuperKevin
09-28-2008, 07:06 PM
Schouman and Hardy are two weapons that really could be a lot of use to us. We saw some of that catch and run stuff from Schouman last year before he got hurt, and he has been awful thus far, but with Barnes out (however longer he may be out), I'd love to see Schouman become something reliable out of his renewed H-back role.
We all know the story with Hardy. He found separation once all game and he was overthrown, and he wasn't able to use his size when he did have someone on him. Was he even targeted after the first?

The big issue is that Hardy is mainly a red zone threat and we don't get in the red zone very often, and when we do we seem to run the ball down people's throats. I love James Hardy but he'll likely be a bust as long as he stays in Buffalo.

SuperKevin
09-28-2008, 07:09 PM
I heard a rumor that Tony Gonzalez could be traded to Buffalo before the deadline. I doubt it's credible and I really don't know what to think of it. Gonzalez is one of the best pass catching TEs of all time but he offers little to no run blocking. If we could make this happen for less than a 3rd round pick I'd be happy but anything more than a 3rd I'd say no deal.

Vox Populi
09-28-2008, 07:13 PM
James Hardy isn't an NFL caliber receiver right now. He can't run routes and doesn't know how to use his body and get position on a DB. He is still a huge project.

The defense couldn't wrap up on SJax, but outside of that the pass defense wasn't too bad.

The offensive line was the worst its been all year, but got better in the fourth quarter when we were running the ball. I didn't really pay attention to Jason Peters after he went out, did he ever come back into the game?

I think that losing Roscoe hurt our passing game more than you guys were expecting it to earlier in this thread. Roscoe is good for a few short pickups a game and a couple first downs. Hardy doesn't give us that.

Beast Mode wins games.