PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bills Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Rob S
11-09-2006, 08:18 AM
Well, I guess I will start this. We have Indy this weekend, and I am expecting a loss, but maybe they will be ripe for an upset after a huge win last week vs. the Pats. DISCUSS THE BILLS!

Rob S
11-09-2006, 02:43 PM
Wow, we are already down by 30 to the Packers :(

SuperMcGee
11-09-2006, 02:56 PM
I'd rather have 2 posts and a win than 30 and the loss
zing! (not really)

Bills2083
11-09-2006, 05:26 PM
Who are some players you would like to see the bills go after in FA? For me they are

-Eric Steinbach OG
-Asante Samuel CB
-Cato June LB

Rob S
11-09-2006, 08:24 PM
Who are some players you would like to see the bills go after in FA? For me they are

-Eric Steinbach OG
-Asante Samuel CB
-Cato June LB

He would be great, but I would rather get Nate than Samuel if they are even close financial wise. As far as June, why? He would cost a ton of money ans TKO and Crowell are great. We should spend our money on Fletch who has been amazing again.

Bills2083
11-09-2006, 09:36 PM
I was thinking that the Bills wouldn't resign Clements. I want to keep Fletcher here. I just don't think the Bills will resign him.

Rob S
11-09-2006, 10:31 PM
I was thinking that the Bills wouldn't resign Clements. I want to keep Fletcher here. I just don't think the Bills will resign him.

June plays OLB anyway right? As far as Nate, the Bills probably wont resign him, but then again Samuel will cost similar money. So, I prefer Nate, even if he costs more.

Bills2083
11-10-2006, 11:04 PM
June does play OLB, but Angelo Crowell was drafted as a MLB I believe. Then our LBs would be

OLB: TKO
MLB: Crowell
OLB: June

Space Ghost
11-12-2006, 04:40 PM
Well, at least we gave them a fight and were first on the board today. Pretty solid game for our secondary, Clements probably had one of his best coverage days today. Peters didn't give up a sack I don't think, but that was only because he was taking Freeney way deep and Losman wasn't dropping back very far. We only passed the ball 13 times today, once again we totally sold out to the run, which isn't bad for Losman's future, but he needs to throw more and learn how to throw some tougher throws.

I really hope that we pick up a receiver, olineman and a front 7 defensive player in the first three rounds of the draft after today. I really think that we should let Ellison get on the field a little more on defense. Spikes hasn't looked good at all to me other than his first play of the season.

Anthony Thomas wasn't bad today, he was just inconsistent, he did exactly what McGahee would have done. Typical Bills sub 4.0 ypc running. A bunch of 1-3 yard runs in a row then a 10 yarder then more 1-3 yard runs for a bit. At least he got a 100 yard game for us.

Gandy and Villariall looked really bad today against a small defensive line. Pennington wasn't bad for a rookie, hopefully he gets better though. Fowler was in my opinion our best player on the line for us today. We really need to get rid of Villariall in the off season if he doesn't retire. Injury prone and inconsistent in the running game.

The front 7 was again, pretty darn bad and that gave the game away today allowing over 5 yards per carry. We need a defensive tackle who can put pressure on the running game, not the passing game. Our linebackers aren't good enough right now. Even though he is about 20 pounds to heavy for our scheme and we would lose something for it, I think that we should trade up for Alan branch in the draft this year. Fletcher is the best linebacker in the league though and Crowell needs to help more against the run inside 5 yards from the LOS not 5 yards past it. Spikes doesn't look great to me.

Last thought, Roscoe Parrish should be on the field more than Price is and we need to take some more deep chances, I don't think we did any go routes today, our longest passes were deep comebacks and ins.

Thats about it for my thoughts on the game today.

SuperMcGee
11-12-2006, 04:57 PM
I agree on the points about Spikes and Parrish
Our CBs looked pretty good today though, at least there's that. I can only hope that someday we'll be able to stop the late run game

drmoyer421
11-12-2006, 04:59 PM
Peters didnt give up a sack today. The only sack by Freeney was when Royal stayed in and blocked and was beat around the end.

And Villarial was replaced today in mid-game for Preston...
I see a OG in our future this draft!!

rainbeaukid2
11-12-2006, 05:00 PM
Peters didnt give up a sack today. The only sack by Freeney was when Royal stayed in and blocked and was beat around the end.

Blalock maybe?

Space Ghost
11-12-2006, 05:16 PM

Good, I didn't notice the Villariall change, probably because I missed 10 minutes of the game between the 3rd and 4th quarter or something. Preston isn't horrible, but he is defenitely a backup or a Cardinal. I hope that we are in a spot where taking Justin Blalock wouldn't be a reach at all. He might end up a second rounder depending on his injury though. I haven't read into it at all. Josh Beekman would be good in the second though.

I really would like our draft to be something like this:

1. Alan Branch DT Michigan
2. Josh Beekman OG Boston College
3. Rhema McKnight WR Notre Dame
4. Anthony Waters ILB Clemson
5. David Irons CB Auburn
6. Tyler Ecker TE Michigan
7. Courtney Lewis RB Texas A&M

The last one is just because he is one of my favorite player :mrgreen: I don't know where Irons is right now, I have seen him going anywhere from undrafted to a first rounder. Anthony Waters is injured for the year and I don't know if he can go to the combine healthy, but before the year he was considered a first day lock almost and his injury shouldn't push him further than the early second day. Its only one mans dream though :D

SuperMcGee
11-12-2006, 05:19 PM
A pleasing mock. I don't love McKnight but I agree with the position choice and the selection works
Tyler Ecker :evil:

Space Ghost
11-12-2006, 05:24 PM
Ugh... I hate that we only lost by one, if we had of lost by 30 to a 9-0 team I wouldn't have this taste in my mouth, it is the fact that we almost had a huge upset like the Dolphins did last week and with a lot less press hyping the game up as a potential upset game. 1 POINT!!! If only we had of taken a couple chances down field on third and longs instead of running draws that gained like 4-6 yards and forced us to punt or kick.

SuperMcGee
11-12-2006, 05:30 PM
Ugh... I hate that we only lost by one, if we had of lost by 30 to a 9-0 team I wouldn't have this taste in my mouth, it is the fact that we almost had a huge upset like the Dolphins did last week and with a lot less press hyping the game up as a potential upset game. 1 POINT!!! If only we had of taken a couple chances down field on third and longs instead of running draws that gained like 4-6 yards and forced us to punt or kick.

that seems to be the general feeling amongst the fans today

dammit

Space Ghost
11-12-2006, 05:33 PM
Who do you think we will have starting on the line next year that we do now? I am going to say that Peters and Fowler are locks, but are we going to have 2 new guards next year? Will Pennington be a starter next year or will he be a backup again? I hate asking this every year about the Bills...

SuperMcGee
11-12-2006, 05:39 PM
Who do you think we will have starting on the line next year that we do now? I am going to say that Peters and Fowler are locks, but are we going to have 2 new guards next year? Will Pennington be a starter next year or will he be a backup again? I hate asking this every year about the Bills...

Just go find 4 really big TEs and stick em where they need to be

But really, I'd like Peters (obviosuly) and Fowler. Gandy I don't hate as a guard but who knows, I'd rather replace the RG first (Preston hasnt showed me anything of starting quality, Villarrial disappoints). Pennington has only played two games so far, so who knows there. He hasnt looked too good, but I dont know how mcuh we're expecting of him right now. We want to see strides in Butler to see how he'll figure in, but we'll have to definitely bring in somebody (RG is the way to go imo)

drmoyer421
11-12-2006, 06:33 PM

Just go find 4 really big TEs and stick em where they need to be

But really, I'd like Peters (obviosuly) and Fowler. Gandy I don't hate as a guard but who knows, I'd rather replace the RG first (Preston hasnt showed me anything of starting quality, Villarrial disappoints). Pennington has only played two games so far, so who knows there. He hasnt looked too good, but I dont know how mcuh we're expecting of him right now. We want to see strides in Butler to see how he'll figure in, but we'll have to definitely bring in somebody (RG is the way to go imo)

Joe Staley.. he is a second round (later) pick. And started his college career as a TE. He would be a wonderful pick at RT, or even moving him in at LG

SuperMcGee
11-12-2006, 06:43 PM
Are you the poster formerly known as Lee Evans?

drmoyer421
11-12-2006, 06:45 PM
Are you the poster formerly known as Lee Evans?
HaHa.. yup. They told me that I couldnt have a name that resembled a players and made me change it. I told them, on the Bills message board I have been Lee_Evans since his draft day and thats what most people know me by.. but they didnt care.

Oh Well!

Space Ghost
11-12-2006, 07:08 PM
Damn, I was looking at all the picks directly after or directly before our first round picks in the last 6 drafts, excluding last year and 2005 where we didn't have a first rounder, here is what it looks like.

25. Chris Hovan
26. Erik Flowers
27. Anthony Becht

I am pretty sure that I would rather have picked Chris Hovan, damn the Vikings to hell!!!

20. Adam Archuleta
21. Nate Clements
22. Will Allen

I like who we got there, unfotunately he hasn't been good at all in the last 10 games he has played in, well, today was pretty good actually.

3. Joey Harrington
4. Mike Williams
5. Quentin Jammer

Well, all of them are pretty, well, really bad, but Jammer is probably the best player now.

22. Rex Grossman
23. Willis McGahee
24. Dallas Clark

No complaints here at all, easy the biggest steal of round one. Well, maybe Larry Johnson is just as good...

12. Jonathan Vilma
13. Lee Evans
14. Tommie Harris

I love Lee Evans and all, but I would rather have Tommie Harris, not back then when we weren't running this defense, but if we had this staff back then I think that we would have gone with Harris probably, even though we had Williams and Adams, who obviously don't fit the scheme we run now.

21. Vince Wilfork
22. J.P. Losman
23. Marcus Tubbs

I don't really mind this pick at all, but if we were using the scheme that we were at the time, I would rather have Wilfork, but this kind of doesn't matter because of the above part about Harris.

Oh well, not that bad other than the Flowers and Willaims picks... those were really bad picks... Flowers was with the team for what? 1 season? Mike Williams was a huge disapointment, I don't want Blalock because he is a Longhorn :|

Philliez01
11-12-2006, 07:35 PM
From a Colts fan, you guys played an amazing game today. As much as I feel that it was the Colts who didn't show up, I feel that you guys played with more heart and intensity today.

By the way, London Fletcher-Baker was at ManGod status today and I've noticed he's been like this all year. What do you guys think of him?

Space Ghost
11-12-2006, 07:40 PM
He is the best linebacker in the league :mrgreen:

Seriously, he is the most over-looked middle linebacker in the league.

SuperMcGee
11-12-2006, 07:55 PM
Oh man do I miss Big Pat and Sam
No regime would mess with what our defense was doing 3 years ago. The picks were what everyone knew needed to be picked. Evans was predicatble and we all knew a new QB was needed to take over for Drew. (However I liked Schaub better). Even if it was this cover 2 regime, they would've been run out if they dared mess with our defense/big guys back then. In the long run we would kill to have guys like Harris, but oh well, we did what needed to be done.
(losing Big Pat was the worst move ever)

drmoyer421
11-12-2006, 08:28 PM
From a Colts fan, you guys played an amazing game today. As much as I feel that it was the Colts who didn't show up, I feel that you guys played with more heart and intensity today.

By the way, London Fletcher-Baker was at ManGod status today and I've noticed he's been like this all year. What do you guys think of him?
As much as London was all over the field, I think Crowell was EVERYWHERE making plays

Rob S
11-12-2006, 09:20 PM
Crowell is putting up pro bowl numbers this year as is Fletcher and if Spikes was healthy(which I doubt he is) I think he would be as well. Our LB core is flat out awesome.

drmoyer421
11-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Does everyone think that London Fletcher will be gone this offseason..
If so, what will the Bills do at MLB??

I think that he will, and I think they will move Crowell into the middle, and Ellison or some other LB will be aquired to fill the OLB spot

Rob S
11-12-2006, 10:17 PM

I think that he will, and I think they will move Crowell into the middle, and Ellison or some other LB will be aquired to fill the OLB spot

If Fletcher goes, I will be royally pissed. He has been a beast this year. I understand the whole youth movement thing, but he is playing at a pro bowl level and has not slowed down 1 bit. I strongly disagree with moving Crowell, he is doing awesome where he is, I dont want to mess with that.

DWhitner20
11-13-2006, 02:12 PM
What do you guys think about our team needs now?

Right now I'm thinking (in no particular order) we need:

WR, OT, OG, QB

We don't have a Solid Number 2 WR and I think a big target like Dwayne Jarrett is exactly what we need. At OT, this all depends on Terance Penningtons performance on the rest of the year, at OG Chris Villarial is flat out done and Mike Gandy COULD be upgraded. As for QB, JP Losman just isn't doing it.

CB and LB could be needs, I really hope we lock up Fletch and Nate -- Nate is truly awesome and takes a lot of undeserved heat, we need him.

DT

Our D-Line is performing well and applying good pressure BUT we really need a true Nose Tackle who can free things up for our penetrating DT's -- who have a combined 0 sacks this season.

Bills2083
11-13-2006, 07:01 PM

There's one option that I can think of in FA. Cato June from the Colts. We could move crowell to MLB, because that is where he was drafted to play. Our LBs would be

OLB-Spikes
MLB-Crowell
OLB-June

If we don't do that, theres Patrick Willis, HB Blades, Buster Davis, and Anthony Waters.

datchapin
11-13-2006, 07:48 PM
So what's the thought on the upcoming game with us? I heard that McGahee might still be out. Thoughts?

Iamcanadian
11-14-2006, 06:49 AM

Good, I didn't notice the Villariall change, probably because I missed 10 minutes of the game between the 3rd and 4th quarter or something. Preston isn't horrible, but he is defenitely a backup or a Cardinal. I hope that we are in a spot where taking Justin Blalock wouldn't be a reach at all. He might end up a second rounder depending on his injury though. I haven't read into it at all. Josh Beekman would be good in the second though.

5. David Irons CB Auburn

The last one is just because he is one of my favorite player :mrgreen: I don't know where Irons is right now, I have seen him going anywhere from undrafted to a first rounder. Anthony Waters is injured for the year and I don't know if he can go to the combine healthy, but before the year he was considered a first day lock almost and his injury shouldn't push him further than the early second day. Its only one mans dream though :D

Alan Branch is not a cover 2 DT. He couldn't play for Jauron. We would never draft him unless Jauron has been fired.

Rob S
11-14-2006, 02:00 PM

5. David Irons CB Auburn

Alan Branch is not a cover 2 DT. He couldn't play for Jauron. We would never draft him unless Jauron has been fired.

Branch is athletic enough. He is exactly the guy we need imo. He is a run stuffer but it also athletic enough the chase after the ball.

SuperMcGee
11-14-2006, 03:11 PM
I'd throw off the line structure a bit if it meant not getting gutted every game. Doubt it happens though

Space Ghost
11-14-2006, 10:15 PM
Did you guys know that Whitner was charged with agravated assault on the 5th of the month? Aparently a prossecuter is reccomending the judge to dismiss the charge after receiving a letter from Whitner's girlfriend. Didn't know anything about that, but I guess it isn't really a big deal at all.

McGahee will probably miss 2 more games aparently with his injury. Thomas isn't much of a drop off in production though, he just lacks the respect that McGahee has on the offense. Hopefully if Thomas can get another 100 yard game he will have the teams attention and we will be able to have the same line play no matter who is in the game. Imagine what we could do with an offensive line... ahhh, one can only dream...

Ryan Neufeld was on crutches after the Colts game, not that he is a big factor on the team, he is just a good guy who is injured right now unfortunately, I don't know if he will miss any time or not though.

Evans spoke out about the offense this week calling it awful. This is pretty much what he said,

"It's awful, It's just been bad. And until we get that fixed, it's going to continue to be bad.

When you're down in the red zone like that with opportunities to go up in the game and you don't do anything? It's bad, It's just bad all the way around.

Yeah, I'm mad, people talk about, 'Oh, you all played an 8-0 team.' It means nothing. Moral victories at this point in the season mean absolutely nothing.

Right now, either you win or you're going home, period. It's too late in the season for moral victories. I think coach (Dick) Jauron said it best. He said: 'I love where we're going, not where we're at.

We were playing from their side of the field and couldn't do anything. That's what's frustrating. It was right there for us to take and we couldn't get it done."

Obviously he is mad after that game where they only passed 13 times in the game. Personally I kind of was upset too that we only passed it that many times, even still we got sacked what, 3 times? That isn't good at all.

I mean if we are only throwing the ball 13 times a game or dropping back around 15-20 times why not put in Holcomb, a guy who can spread the ball around and make some plays with the ball in the air. Losman isn't going to progress at all if he is throwing the ball 13 times a game. He needs to be given an opportunity to win games for us, not not lose them for us, thats not how you play football. You have to at least put up 6 points a game for that to work.

I say we give him an opportunity to make some plays and make the tough throws behind a bad offensive line. Let him drop back 25-35 times a game for a couple games and see how he does, I mean honestly, the way our team is playing now we aren't going anywhere offensively, no one is progressing other than Peters and Pennington.

I also think that we should just get rid of Holcomb, he isn't helping us out anymore, he is pretty much a wasted roster spot, if he isn't gone by next year it will be a wasted pay cheque. We aren't making the playoffs, judging by sundays offensive schemes we aren't even going to be a spoiler team and keep teams out of the playoffs.

We need to give our players a chance to progress as players and learn how to play in the NFL.

Iamcanadian
11-15-2006, 06:35 AM

5. David Irons CB Auburn

Branch is athletic enough. He is exactly the guy we need imo. He is a run stuffer but it also athletic enough the chase after the ball.

Cover 2 DT's are small quick guys who can get after the passer not big bruisers who are run stoppers. They play exclusively in the gaps and use their quicks to out manuvour bigger, slower OLmen. Detroit is having a hard time with their cover 2 defense because Shawn Rogers doesn't fit their scheme and may have to be traded. Branch will never suit a cover 2 defense.

pysseddoph
11-15-2006, 02:05 PM

i think fletcher will be gone. imo he is a liability to this scheme when it comes down to pass defense. he has good numbers as far as envolvement with takles BUT those tackles are normally 5 - 7 yards up the field. with this scheme alot is put on the middle linebacker in terms of defending the pass and stopping the run. he good at making tackles but that is it. hes not really stopping the run or doing much for pass defense.

some people will say how can i say that about his pass defense, he intercepted bret favre on a great read. thats my point exactly ... he made a great read on a pass that shouldnt have been thrown by favre BUT the other side to that is green bay went right back to that very same exact play and favre threw the very same exact pass and fletcher was about 2 steps off of the play the next time around. again fletcher puts up great numbers but they are after the fact numbers. IF fletcher was so much of a threat with the pass defense i dont think green bay would have went right back to the very same play with the very same players. green bay pretty much looked at it and said that was a bad pass by favre coupled with luck by fletcher.

not saying fletcher was the reason why just looking at things that consistantly happen vs the bills. mcgee will get picked on and there will be completed passes to receivers in the middle of our cover 2 where it is the linebackers responsability of coverage. its not just fletcher, i saw tko chasing on some plays. speaking of chasing, in that indy game i saw that fletcher couldnt cover the back out of the backfield. there was one play where fletcher had the angle and couldnt get to the back after he caught the swing pass then headed towards the sideline before he turned up field. yes fletcher was there to usher him out of bounds but that was after the back picked up the 1st and said my job is done and pretty much went out of bounds on his own.

my point is fletcher is a good player that plays within his abilities but his abilities are stretched and on the verge of declining. he isnt going to all of a sudden gain more range in his play. that more so than the money is a very important factor in this off season direction. if there is someone that the bills feel can replace fletcher then chances are they wont ask him to come back. but who knows ... stranger things have happened.

Rob S
11-15-2006, 02:21 PM

5. David Irons CB Auburn

Cover 2 DT's are small quick guys who can get after the passer not big bruisers who are run stoppers. They play exclusively in the gaps and use their quicks to out manuvour bigger, slower OLmen. Detroit is having a hard time with their cover 2 defense because Shawn Rogers doesn't fit their scheme and may have to be traded. Branch will never suit a cover 2 defense.

Then I say scrap the cover 2 because our run D sucks. If we need a big body up there to stop the run, so be it. Screw the system. Branch would improve the D imo, so I would like to have him here.

Bills2083
11-15-2006, 08:54 PM
What are your score predictions for the game against the Texans?

Bills-13
Texans-9

SuperMcGee
11-15-2006, 09:40 PM
Bills 23
Texans 14

Right side of the line scares me wtih the Duke and Pennington, but we'll just run the A-Train behind Peters and Gandy to sneak out of a game that will be really close until the near end

Rob S
11-16-2006, 05:58 AM
Bills 16- Texans 6

Space Ghost
11-16-2006, 05:26 PM
18-12, 6 field goals baby. 10 on the day.

SuperMcGee
11-16-2006, 05:46 PM
Villarial and Neufeld out for the year.
The duke better play well, I've been very upset with him lately
And of course, Neufeld has a 1:1 Reception-TD ratio

Space Ghost
11-16-2006, 07:36 PM
The thing that I am most interested about in this game is what our defense and fans do to Eric Moulds when he gets the ball or has his name called.

SuperMcGee
11-16-2006, 09:38 PM
I'm more intrigued on the number of unnecessary jumps that Moulds will make while catching the ball. I'll put the O/U at 3.5

Iamcanadian
11-17-2006, 08:08 AM

5. David Irons CB Auburn

Then I say scrap the cover 2 because our run D sucks. If we need a big body up there to stop the run, so be it. Screw the system. Branch would improve the D imo, so I would like to have him here.

Well, we run a cover 2 and will continue to do so. Branch isn't in our draft sights unless Levy fires Jauron.

McGahee
11-17-2006, 10:37 AM
Guys, what do you rank the top OL prospects for the Bills as?

In no order:
-Justin Blalock
-Joe Thomas
-Levi Brown
-Jake Long
-Sam Baker

Here's some questions I have....

Do we take Blalock that high? Can he play RT or will he do better at RG like Shawn Andrews?(RT is a much bigger need) Is he mobile enough to be a good pass protector? What range would he be of best value? And do the Cowboys target him?

For Joe Thomas, not too many questions, I think if he falls to us, he is a lock, and we move Peters back to RT.

Levi Brown is very intriguing. He would almost be perfect for RT with his size, explosion (former DT) and pass protecting ability from playing the left side. But why is he not considered so high? Is it injury problems or inconsistency? What range would he be of best value?

Jako Long- Is he better for LT or RT? Can he play LT? Is he good enough a pass protector for the Bills? Is he a project or a step in player? What range would he be of best value?

Sam Baker- Can he run block? Is he physical enough? He will play LT and Peters will move back to RT correct?

If you don't want to answer these questions (Which I'm hoping you do since it will help me in a forum mock), can you at least rank them and tell me what range you expect them to go?

Thanks fellow Bills fans!

Space Ghost
11-17-2006, 01:37 PM

In no order:
-Justin Blalock
-Joe Thomas
-Levi Brown
-Jake Long
-Sam Baker

Do we take Blalock that high? Can he play RT or will he do better at RG like Shawn Andrews?(RT is a much bigger need) Is he mobile enough to be a good pass protector? What range would he be of best value? And do the Cowboys target him?

For Joe Thomas, not too many questions, I think if he falls to us, he is a lock, and we move Peters back to RT.

Levi Brown is very intriguing. He would almost be perfect for RT with his size, explosion (former DT) and pass protecting ability from playing the left side. But why is he not considered so high? Is it injury problems or inconsistency? What range would he be of best value?

Jako Long- Is he better for LT or RT? Can he play LT? Is he good enough a pass protector for the Bills? Is he a project or a step in player? What range would he be of best value?

Sam Baker- Can he run block? Is he physical enough? He will play LT and Peters will move back to RT correct?

If you don't want to answer these questions (Which I'm hoping you do since it will help me in a forum mock), can you at least rank them and tell me what range you expect them to go?

I don't think we should take Blalock at all, he will be a reach if we pick him. The first offensive lineman we should take IMO is Josh Beekman in the early second round, even if that means trading up with someone. I don't think that we touch an offensive tackle until the later rounds this year. Jake Long, Sam Baker and Levi Brown would all play right tackle for us probably, the only left tackles I can see us taking would be Joe Thomas or Joe Staley.

I think we go guard on day one tackle in the last 2 rounds. Then we have defense and skill position players sprinkled throughout the rest of the draft.

McGahee
11-17-2006, 02:14 PM
First off, I think our most critical needs are RT and RG, and we cannot neglect the Oline any more. So I think our pick will be OL, but I would like a trade down + Oline pick.

In my Forum mock, I've moved down to 25, and the Oline prospects that are still available after 16 picks are Justin Blalock, Jake Long and Levi Brown.

Iamcanadian
11-18-2006, 08:00 AM

In no order:
-Justin Blalock
-Joe Thomas
-Levi Brown
-Jake Long
-Sam Baker

It's really going to come down to where we draft.

Top 5--Joe Thomas or possibly Jake Long-Both are solid LT prospects with the necessary quick feet to play the position. However, Long might not declare especially if Michigan loses to Ohio St.
Top 10 Jake Long and possibly Sam Baker. Baker can definitely play LT in the pros.
Top 15 Sam Baker
Top 20 Levi Brown-very solid RT prospect but lacks the quick feet for LT.
Top 25 Justin Blalock-tremendous OG prospect and could play RT. He may go earlier but OG's tend to go later than OT prospects.
Top 35 Joe Staley, a solid LT prospect but will go below the other players because of the competition he played against. He could easily turnout to be a real steal late round 1 or early round 2.

I think the Bills will be looking for a LT unless Peters blows them away with his play. If we draft a LT, then Peters will move back to RT and give us a very solid foundation for an excellent OL.
If Peters showes real talent as a LT, then we might go RT in round 1 or look for one in rounds 2-3 and possibly draft a CB in round 1 to replace Nate Clements if we lose him.

Rob S
11-18-2006, 12:43 PM

In no order:
-Justin Blalock
-Joe Thomas
-Levi Brown
-Jake Long
-Sam Baker

It's really going to come down to where we draft.

Top 5--Joe Thomas or possibly Jake Long-Both are solid LT prospects with the necessary quick feet to play the position. However, Long might not declare especially if Michigan loses to Ohio St.
Top 10 Jake Long and possibly Sam Baker. Baker can definitely play LT in the pros.
Top 15 Sam Baker
Top 20 Levi Brown-very solid RT prospect but lacks the quick feet for LT.
Top 25 Justin Blalock-tremendous OG prospect and could play RT. He may go earlier but OG's tend to go later than OT prospects.
Top 35 Joe Staley, a solid LT prospect but will go below the other players because of the competition he played against. He could easily turnout to be a real steal late round 1 or early round 2.

I think the Bills will be looking for a LT unless Peters blows them away with his play. If we draft a LT, then Peters will move back to RT and give us a very solid foundation for an excellent OL.
If Peters showes real talent as a LT, then we might go RT in round 1 or look for one in rounds 2-3 and possibly draft a CB in round 1 to replace Nate Clements if we lose him.

Most people have Baker way higher than Long due to the fact that Baker projects to LT while Long is likely a RT

DWhitner20
11-18-2006, 11:23 PM
I really don't think we need to spend a 1st rounder on a RT, Jason Peters is a stud and hasn't reached his peak yet. He's our best lineman and is only getting better. We could spend our 1st round pick more wisely, maybe on a guy like Dwayne Jarrett.

SuperMcGee
11-19-2006, 11:05 AM
I really don't think we need to spend a 1st rounder on a RT, Jason Peters is a stud and hasn't reached his peak yet. He's our best lineman and is only getting better. We could spend our 1st round pick more wisely, maybe on a guy like Dwayne Jarrett.

As much as I liked the Jarrett idea, drafting Baker is a great option. We'd potentially have two young, great tackles, and that is a great thing to have. Granted we'd still have guard problems (which could be fixed, maybe even Beekman in the 2nd), these tackles protect our QB from what he cant see, and can seal off a rollout for Losman if pressure does come up the middle. Baker-LG (Gandy works for me) - Fowler - New RG - Peters is pretty good for me, especially when we could double team with Fowler and the RG if he's not that good (see: who we have now). Baker, Jarrett, or Willis seem like the best picks to me. McCauley could be alright, but I would've liked to see Youboty more this year before I did that.

DWhitner20
11-19-2006, 11:15 AM
BILLS INACTIVES: RB Willis McGahee, LB Keith Ellison, OL Tutan Reyes, WR Josh Reed, DE Eric Powell, DT Jason Jefferson.

TEXANS INACTIVES: CB Von Hutchins, RB Ron Dayne, C Drew Hodgdon, T Scott Jackson, T Mike Pearson, DT Cedric Killings, DE Antwan Peek.

Youboty and Bowen, dressing for their 1st games as Bills. :D

SuperMcGee
11-19-2006, 11:23 AM
shake, shake, shake :D

Moltar
11-19-2006, 12:43 PM
I hate the Bills...

J. Losman 8/8 209 2 0

L. Evans 6 205 34.2 2

(Jets fan)

DWhitner20
11-19-2006, 12:51 PM
Lee Evans and Losman went beast.

Lee getting 6 rec, 200 yards and 2 TDs in the 1st QUARTER is INSANE.

DWhitner20
11-19-2006, 03:04 PM
What a game!

24-21, we pull it out.

SuperMcGee
11-19-2006, 03:33 PM
All the drops and penalties are forgotten now. Thank you, Peerless

Rob S
11-19-2006, 06:13 PM
See the sig baby!!!!!!!!

DWhitner20
11-19-2006, 06:40 PM
Anyone else see this comment?:

"If that had been Peyton Manning, you'd expect it," he said disgusted. "But it was J.P. Losman. That's embarrassing. I hope he doesn't feel too good, because we just shot ourselves in the foot." - Dunta Robinson

What a POS...

Rob S
11-19-2006, 06:45 PM
Anyone else see this comment?:

"If that had been Peyton Manning, you'd expect it," he said disgusted. "But it was J.P. Losman. That's embarrassing. I hope he doesn't feel too good, because we just shot ourselves in the foot." - Dunta Robinson

What a POS...

Kinda is true. If Losman hung 300 yards on me I would be pissed, he hasnt been all that great. I like Losman, but still.....

DWhitner20
11-19-2006, 06:54 PM
But still, what a distasteful comment.

Rob S
11-19-2006, 08:40 PM
But still, what a distasteful comment.

Oh yeah, it was downright stupid to say, but I cant blame him for feeling like that. Still a jackass for saying it tho.

Rob S
11-20-2006, 07:32 PM
It will be interesting to see how the jags look tonight, they are a hit or miss team

DWhitner20
11-20-2006, 08:45 PM
They're looking pretty darn good, Giants have yet to get a 1st down.

Rob S
11-20-2006, 10:30 PM
They're looking pretty darn good, Giants have yet to get a 1st down.

yeah, still holding up well. We are gonna have a tough time if this Jaguar team shows up.

fischbowl
11-21-2006, 03:24 PM
Who remembers me?

SuperMcGee
11-21-2006, 03:28 PM
Who remembers me?

you were that dolphins fan, right?

fischbowl
11-21-2006, 03:33 PM
you were that dolphins fan, right?

That must be a joke.

SuperMcGee
11-21-2006, 03:34 PM
sadly, yes

DWhitner20
11-22-2006, 11:53 AM
Chris Brown from BuffaloBills.com reporting we've signed TE Matt Murphy to the 53 man roster.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4418

Leon Sandcastle
11-22-2006, 12:04 PM
We might want to hold off on drafting a OT with our first pick with the way Jason Peters has handled the move to LT.

Terrence Pennington hasn't been half bad at RT and with his athletic ability and his size I'd give him some more time there.

Personally I think Duke Preston has been better than Chris Villariall and I think he'll show that for the rest of the season.

We still need to fix the interior of our line. Melvin Fowler is good but I don't think he's starting matieral. Hopefully Levy looks at Datish during the draft.

Tutan Reyes and Mike Gandy are career backups so looking for a G in this draft will have to be a priority. Justin Blalock is a good canidate here.

So looking ahead this is the line we could be coming in with next season.

Jason Peters-Justin Blalock-Doug Datish-Duke Preston-Terence Pennington
Mike Gandy-Tutan Reyes-Melvin Fowler-Chris Villiariall-Brad Butler
Aaron Merz

That gives us a young, athletic, versatile OL with veteran backups that can come in and get the job done if there is an injury.

Draft
1st-Alan Branch-DT
2nd-Justin Blalock-LG
3rd-Doug Datish-C
4th-Ronnie McGill-RB
6th-Tyler Ecker-TE
7th-Dante Rosario-FB

DWhitner20
11-22-2006, 02:20 PM
Justin Blalock is a 1st round pick, Fowler dosen't need to be upgraded yet since we have weaker spots and he's been solid.

I'm hoping we can get Eric Steinbach in FA to replace Gandy at LG, then maybe draft Aaron Sears round 2 to play Right Tackle or Right Guard for us(I'm banking on Right Tackle because I think Preston is solid and will get better.)

Space Ghost
11-22-2006, 06:14 PM
Well, I am bored right now, so here is our perfect off season in my eyes.

Release: Kelly Holcomb, Shaud Williams, Chris Villarial, Nate Clements, Jason Jefferson, Sam Aiken, Tutan Reyes, Jim Leonhard, Josh Stamer

Sign: Roderick Hood, Demorrio Williams, Eric Steinbach

Draft:

Round 1: Quentin Moses DE Georgia
Round 2: Aaron Sears OT Tennessee
Round 3: Chansi Stuckey WR Clemson
Round 4: Jonathan Wade CB Tennessee
Round 6: Chris Leak QB Florida
Round 7: Andy Alleman OG Akron

53 Man Depth Chart / Roster:

QB: Losman, Nall, Leak
RB: McGahee, Thomas, Gates
FB: Shelton
WR: Evans, Parrish, Davis
WR: Price, Stuckey, Reed
TE: Royal, Everett, Neufeld
LT: Peters, Butler
LG: Steinbach, Gandy
C: Fowler, Preston
RG: Alleman , Merz
RT: Sears, Pennington

LE: Moses, Kelsay, Denney
NT: Williams, Anderson
UT: Tripplett, McCargo
RE: Schobel, Hargrove
LOLB: Spikes, Ellison, DiGiorgio
MLB: Fletcher-Baker, Haggan
ROLB: Crowell, Williams
CB: McGee, Thomas
CB: Hood, Youboty, Greer
FS: Simpson, Bowen
SS: Whitner, Wire

K: Lindell
P: Moorman

This way we add two defensive players that can start or at least play right away through the draft. We also add 2 impact players on offense with a new starting tackle and guard on the right side as well as add another receiver for Losman who can run most routes. We also add an insurance policy at quarterback to round out the depth chart.

In free agency we added a starting left guard, the most under rated linebacker in the league in my opinion who can start once either Spikes or Fletcher-Baker leave and can go in for them when they are tired or hurt and play like a starter. We also add a pretty solid cover-2 corner in Rod Hood.

We would have 5 new starters next year, 3 of them rookies and have a couple other rookies making plays in a backup role as well. We obviously won't be too active in free agency, but active enough to field a competitive team. Our offense should be improved with McGahee healthy, Losman better with more practice with his receivers, the line will be stacked on the left side and athletic and potential loaded on the right with an above average centre.

The defense shouldn't be worse, especially with a top-tier pass rusher added to the roster and two young safeties with a year of experience under their belts. We didn't add much to help our run defense, but their isn't much you can do without adding a player that would throw off the entire line in the scheme we run and one who is only going to be a 1 or 2 down player. The only big defensive tackle we could add would be Alan Branch, who I think will be out of our range. I think next year the turnover numbers will be up a lot from this years mostly because of our safety tandem and athletic defense in general.

Our schedule in 2007 is:
Home: Bengals, Cowboys, Dolphins, Giants, Jets, Patriots, Ravens, TBD AFC West opponent
Away: Browns, Dolphins, Eagles, Jets, Patriots, Redskins, Steelers, TBD AFC South opponent

Not a very friendly schedule in my opinion unless we score the Raiders, Titans or Texans. We are probably looking at a 2-4 divisional record and 6-10 overall, with a best case scenario of 8-8 until I am convinced that our defense is back to what it was when we had Pat and Sam clogging the middle. I don't think that we can do better than 9-7 up until the 2009 season until this team can pull something together on defense and be more consistent on offense. I'm not saying that we can't look forward to the playoffs in the next 3 seasons, just right now, it seems unlikely that we will make it that far.

njx9
11-22-2006, 06:18 PM
all right, i breezed through your thread and didn't see anything, but it's been a long day, so if it's been discussed, just point me in the right direction.

what do you guys think of losman right now? is he showing that he could be a stud, or is he just looking like a good starter? or am i totally overrating him based on the two throws i saw the other day?

Rob S
11-22-2006, 06:40 PM
looking at our OL, besides Peters I think Fowler has been the best. He is starting material imo. We need to go OT. Terrance Pennington has looked OK and I have no doubt he will have a good career in the NFL as a Back up. We cant keep messing around, it seems to me most of the sacks come from the edge, so OT is a problem as well as the interior...

Rob S
11-22-2006, 06:41 PM
Also, how freeaking good is our safety duo, my God! They both have all pro potential and we could keep them both for 10+ years :D

Space Ghost
11-22-2006, 06:44 PM
all right, i breezed through your thread and didn't see anything, but it's been a long day, so if it's been discussed, just point me in the right direction.

what do you guys think of losman right now? is he showing that he could be a stud, or is he just looking like a good starter? or am i totally overrating him based on the two throws i saw the other day?

His deep ball isn't much of a problem, he has a cannon and just lets our smallish speedy receivers get under it. His biggest problem is decision making and the tricky throws. It doesn't help that we have a pretty bad offensive line. He needs to not just stare down his receiver as much and needs to get through his reads faster. His release is pretty fast and he doesn't usually take too long in the pocket, especially when the protection is there. He has all the tools, just needs to get them working.

Space Ghost
11-22-2006, 06:45 PM
Also, how freeaking good is our safety duo, my God! They both have all pro potential and we could keep them both for 10+ years :D

The best safety duo in a few years will be up between: Sean Jones and Brodney Pool vs. Josh Bullocks and Roman Harper vs. Donte Whitner and Ko Simpson. We will win.

SuperMcGee
11-22-2006, 07:56 PM
In regards to SPace Ghost's offseason, 2 very minor points (overall a good job) :

- We cut Gates before the season. He went to TB's PS, not sure where he is now
- Stamer is the man, I say instead we sign him to a 15-year deal 8)

(Stuckey!)

Rob S
11-23-2006, 08:35 AM
I hate Moses as a prospect. Cant argue with the Bills taking him, but I jut see him as a huge bust.

drmoyer421
11-23-2006, 04:35 PM
This is my wishlist this offseason.

Free Agency

1. I hope that they can retain Nate Clements - It will take a bunch of money and at times he doesnt live up to the hype he creates for himself. But CB is one of the hardest posistions in the game and he is somewhere depending on how he plays in the top 15 in the league. And it will be very tough to replace him in the short term.

2. Eric Steinbach - OG - It is Gandy's last year of his contract and our line play is not cutting it. He would be a great young aquisition at OG. And would help out tremendously.

3. Lance Briggs - LB - I doubt the Bears will let him escape thier team. But Fewell knows what type of player he is. I have a feeling either Clements or Fletcher will have to go, if not both. And we need a young talented body to replace the loss. I think you can move Crowell inside and Briggs and Spikes on the outside would BE A DREAM COME TRUE!!

4. Eric Johnson - TE - The team needs to have a dump off for JP, and havent utilized the TE yet. Johnson is a blocking and catching TE and would be a great weapon for JP to use and look for.

Draft

(as of this week they are pick 14.. and this is in mind all the above has been achieved)

1. Justin Blalock - RT/RG - This was a tough pick. When I looked and saw that we were pick #14 this week, I thought about who possibly would be here at this pick. Talent wise there were a few CBs, maybe a S, or some DTs. I think Jarret and Johnson will be gone before this, so why not attack a giant need. This kid is a BIG TALENTED RT (6'4" and 330), but easily can move in if need be. Why not shore up the Oline early, I havent been a big proponent for a first round RT, but he may be the exception to the rule. And with this we have Peters - Steinbach - Fowler - Preston - Blalock. A young, and talented Oline that can only grow together.

2. Victor Abiamiri - DE - He may end up being a higher second round pick, or at the end of the first, but who knows unitl that day. A big, fast, smart player from ND who can get into the backfield and create some havoc. The problem with our DEs is that they are stat rackers. They arent ones to creat blocking changes, they arent ones to put constant pressure. This kid plays the run extremely well, and doesnt get out of posistion very often, and has great disapline.

3. Dallas Baker - WR - We need a big bodied WR like Moulds, to counter the smaller fast ones the Bills have now. This kid is 6'3" and has some great hands. To boot, he is a character type player and a member of a Leadership Commitee at Florida.

4. Brandon Mebane - DT - A 6-3 295 DT from Cal, is normally double and triple teamed most plays. Even with that pressure has a bunch of tackles for losses. He is a perfect 1-gap DT that we could use in the rotation. Had 7 sacks last year, showing he knows how to get into the backfield quickly

SuperMcGee
11-23-2006, 06:23 PM
thats some wishful thinking right there

Space Ghost
11-23-2006, 07:42 PM
In regards to SPace Ghost's offseason, 2 very minor points (overall a good job) :

- We cut Gates before the season. He went to TB's PS, not sure where he is now
- Stamer is the man, I say instead we sign him to a 15-year deal 8)

(Stuckey!)

Yeah, I knew that we cut Gates before the season but I thought he was good enough to bring back, I didn't know where he went after that though.

As for Stamer, I think he is awesome too, just I was trying to get the roster to 53 players and thought that he would be the one to go seeing as its either him, Haggan or Digiorgio who is a rookie. I want him to stay though, beast on ST, just he has had a couple of silly penalties that I noticed.

Stuckey owns. Third favourite receiver in NCAA behind Sidney Rice and Jaison Williams of Oregon.

Iamcanadian
11-24-2006, 06:56 AM
Why is it all fans have the notion that we can sign any old FA without any problem. We are a cheap franchise with limited resources who can only sign maybe 1 good FA a year, and he has to be interested in signing with us. Steinbach is a long shot at best.
We usually don't retain our starters when they cost too much money so retaining Clements will be hard.
We need to focus on the OL for this franchise to take the next step, until we can protect Losman on a consistant basis, we are not going to have an offense that can score enough to win a majority of their games.

fischbowl
11-24-2006, 10:02 AM
Bills Mock

*Franchise Nate Clements and trade him for a 2nd
**Bills Trade Ryan Denney for a 5th

1st: Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/22/221076.jpg
2a: Eric Weddle, CB/S, Utah
http://deseretnews.com/photos/2018044.jpg
2b: James Hardy, WR, Indiana*
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/ind/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/303066.jpeg
3: Doug Free , OT, NIU
http://www.nationalchamps.net/2005/sub/pics/small/northernillinois_doug_free_sm.jpg
4. Roshaun Fellows, CB, Tennessee*
http://www.netitor.com/photos/schools/tenn/sports/m-footbl/04-05action/a-fellows_5904.jpg
5a. Ben Patrick, TE, Delaware
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/duke/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/38096.jpeg
5b. Lyle Sendlein, C, Texas
http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/image_lib/sendlein_lyle_051906_300.jpg
6. Corey Hilliard, OT, Oklahome State
http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/Player/photo/2006COREYHILLIARDOSU2001.JPG
7. Quincy Black, OLB, New Mexico
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/nm/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/348638.jpeg

Some UDFA's

QB: Joe Tereshinski, Georgia
HB: Justise Hairston, Central Connecticut State
FB: Tim Castille, Bama
WR: Akieem Jolla, NM State
TE: Chad Upshaw, Buffalo
OT: Rolf Krueger, Rice
OG: Dylan Lineberry, North Texas
C: Cedric Gagne-Marcoux, UCF

DE: Devon Parks, Bowling Green
DT: xavier Lawson-Kennedy, Oklahoma State
OLB: JK Sabb, Middle Tennessee State
MLB: Matt Muncy, Ohio
CB: Bo Smith, Kentucky
S: Joey Card, Miami (OH)

Specialist: Andrew Wellock, K, E. MIchigan

Rob S
11-24-2006, 01:23 PM
Bills Mock

*Franchise Nate Clements and trade him for a 2nd
**Bills Trade Ryan Denney for a 5th

1st: Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/22/221076.jpg
2a: Eric Weddle, CB/S, Utah
http://deseretnews.com/photos/2018044.jpg
2b: James Hardy, WR, Indiana*
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/ind/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/303066.jpeg
3: Doug Free , OT, NIU
http://www.nationalchamps.net/2005/sub/pics/small/northernillinois_doug_free_sm.jpg
4. Roshaun Fellows, CB, Tennessee*
http://www.netitor.com/photos/schools/tenn/sports/m-footbl/04-05action/a-fellows_5904.jpg
5a. Ben Patrick, TE, Delaware
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/duke/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/38096.jpeg
5b. Lyle Sendlein, C, Texas
http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/image_lib/sendlein_lyle_051906_300.jpg
6. Corey Hilliard, OT, Oklahome State
http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/Player/photo/2006COREYHILLIARDOSU2001.JPG
7. Quincy Black, OLB, New Mexico
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/nm/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/348638.jpeg

Some UDFA's

QB: Joe Tereshinski, Georgia
HB: Justise Hairston, Central Connecticut State
FB: Tim Castille, Bama
WR: Akieem Jolla, NM State
TE: Chad Upshaw, Buffalo
OT: Rolf Krueger, Rice
OG: Dylan Lineberry, North Texas
C: Cedric Gagne-Marcoux, UCF

DE: Devon Parks, Bowling Green
DT: xavier Lawson-Kennedy, Oklahoma State
OLB: JK Sabb, Middle Tennessee State
MLB: Matt Muncy, Ohio
CB: Bo Smith, Kentucky
S: Joey Card, Miami (OH)

Specialist: Andrew Wellock, K, E. MIchigan

Have to think we will be far enough down not to get a shot at Gaines and I would prefer a guy who is a sure fire CB to replace Nate rather than a tweener. Doug Free falling to the 3rd is kinda optimistic as well.

SuperMcGee
11-24-2006, 01:30 PM
aren't we missing our 5th for Hargrove?

In that situaution we would still only have one 5th round pick

Space Ghost
11-24-2006, 03:59 PM
I have a question about drafting corners for everyone. Seeing as we are now running a cover-2 defense and we are going to probably let Clements walk this year, when will we address cornerback? I know that Tampa pretty much always waits until day two and has success, I think that they got Ronde in round 2 and thats the earliest they've gone for a corner. I am just wondering if we are going to do this as well like the Bucs or if we will be like the Broncos/Bears and just go corner happy in the middle rounds like every third year to find a good one in rounds 2-4. I just can't see us going corner round 1 at all when we are running a cover-2 that doesn't require us to have great man-man corners, we need physical receivers, maybe free safety-corner tweeners even because in a cover-2 defense the secondary needs to have smart, physical players, we don't need speed. What is our teams phylosiphy when it comes to defensive drafting now that we run this cover-2? I am pretty sure it is defense early and often, but not corner or free safety... Can I get a semi-accurate answer for this?

SuperMcGee
11-24-2006, 04:24 PM
well for our team we really only have one draft with a new scheme, coach, and GM to go by. Obviously that draft was heavily defensive. I'm not sure what our plans have been with Youbuty, but whatever they are/were they were thrown off with the time he missed due to the tragedy of his mother' death. I'm not sure where we expect him to fit in, but I surely wouldn't mind getting at least one other corner through the draft. I don't know if we go CB very early, but it should definitely be addressed at some point, and middle rounds seem accurate like we did last year. The mindset at even the 06 draft was that Clements would have a good chance of not being here for more than one year and we took just that one middle round CB in Youboty. Of course CB appears to be a bigger need now than it did last year, but I don't know if we have enough experience in drafting for this scheme to know exactly what and when we will draft. I would personalyl like to see us grab a corner on late first day, but there's too much going on along the lines of WR, Guard, LB, D-linemen, and even a tackle at the right time for me to know what prioritizes over what

Rob S
11-24-2006, 04:28 PM
aren't we missing our 5th for Hargrove?

In that situaution we would still only have one 5th round pick

Yeah, out 5th is gone

Rob S
11-24-2006, 04:36 PM
I really think letting Clements go will turn out to be a mistake. I mean, he is overrated and I agree with many Bills fans in that regard, however he is still a top 10 CB in this league and can be shutdown, just ask andre johnson. Will we have to overpay to keep him, yes, but thats what it takes in todays day and age. If Marv and Ralph really want to win now, resigning Clements is the best move. The going rate is high, but so be it, I dont see us spending big money for anyone else, why not one of our own. He is an elite CB in the NFL and it is not likely that he can be replaced. Quite simply, if Clements goes, it messes stuff up. I dont want to have to draft a CB early, we are to weak in the trenches. Same goes with Fletch. With creative management of the cap, get Fletch back here. We wont be able to get anyone else, but that would assure a great D. Then through the draft (in the 1st 3 rounds) we can address DE, OG, and OT (not necessarily that order although I would prefer that).

SuperMcGee
11-24-2006, 04:42 PM
I know what you're saying. Three weeks ago I might've disagreed, but now that I'm less enraged at Clements, my cleared senses lead me to believe that keeping him would be a pretty good move (or maybe now they're skewed by better play :idea: ). If we're willing to bring him back, and he's willing to come back, then I wouldn't have a problem with it, unless it got ridiculously high-priced.

Space Ghost
11-24-2006, 05:40 PM
I love Clements and hope that he stays, I just don't think that he will. I mean, Ralph is a penny pincher and Levy and Jauron are going to want this team to be their team not someone elses, they are going to build this defense thru the draft for the next 2-3 years and hope for the best out of these players. I don't expect Clements to be resigned, but I would rather keep him than see him go, just at the right price and contract length/structure (front heavy).

Rob S
11-25-2006, 03:27 PM
I love Clements and hope that he stays, I just don't think that he will. I mean, Ralph is a penny pincher and Levy and Jauron are going to want this team to be their team not someone elses, they are going to build this defense thru the draft for the next 2-3 years and hope for the best out of these players. I don't expect Clements to be resigned, but I would rather keep him than see him go, just at the right price and contract length/structure (front heavy).

That is true, but Ralph is also old and want to win now for obvious reasons. Hopefully his desire to win will overcome his desire for cash this time

Rob S
11-26-2006, 11:24 AM
well, this is the game guys. If we win, we can still hold out slim hope, lose an we are pretty much playing for draft position.

SuperMcGee
11-26-2006, 11:29 AM
THHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob S
11-26-2006, 05:22 PM
THHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Weeks in a row for JP on a game winning drive, and what can I say about Roscoe. WOOOOOOOO!

Rob S
11-27-2006, 12:29 PM
I have a feeling this game vs the Chargers coming up may be rough. They handled us last year and Merriman is going to be fresh off suspension. I doubt he will be rusty, but he sure as hell will be fired up. Our OL is going to have to step it up of JP could be in for a rough day.......

SuperMcGee
11-27-2006, 03:20 PM
Schubert ... why?

Rob S
11-27-2006, 11:29 PM
Schubert ... why?

oh, the explaining i have to do. Well, basically I found out that if u search my name in google this site comes up and i dont wont potential employers to easily look up some dumb comments I may have made here.........

fischbowl
11-28-2006, 04:09 PM
Whyd you get rid of your surname Rob?

Rob S
11-28-2006, 11:19 PM
Whyd you get rid of your surname Rob?

SuperMcgee wrote:
Schubert ... why?

oh, the explaining i have to do. Well, basically I found out that if u search my name in google this site comes up and i dont wont potential employers to easily look up some dumb comments I may have made here.........

Rob S
11-29-2006, 11:49 PM
so, what do you guys think the chances of us pulling out a win are? I am going to say 35 %. I like how we are playing right now, but the Chargers are an elite team and we are just not there yet.

SuperMcGee
11-30-2006, 03:02 PM
"Tomlinson cuts to the left, slips, and loses his handle on the ball!
London Fletcher picks it up and runs it back 63 yards to the house!
The Chargers just don't look like their normal selves in this sloppy blizzard, and the Bills go up 28-10!"

it could happen...

drmoyer421
11-30-2006, 05:21 PM
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

If Buffalo has the weather like it should this weekend. Cold, windy, and snowy. Then I believe without major JP turnovers, that this game will be close! And ANYTHING can happen in close games!

SuperMcGee
11-30-2006, 05:26 PM
too bad I won't be able to see it

Rob S
11-30-2006, 09:03 PM

is it blacked out again? That sucks so much. Especially because if they ever consider moving a team to LA, this wont look good.

drmoyer421
12-02-2006, 08:09 AM

is it blacked out again? That sucks so much. Especially because if they ever consider moving a team to LA, this wont look good.

The Bills are like 10th in the NFL for total attendance this year. And one of the top in attendance for the last five years.

The Colts have attendances in the 50,000s, which is about 12-15,000 less than what will be at the Bills game tommorrow

12-02-2006, 08:15 AM

The Bills are like 10th in the NFL for total attendance this year. And one of the top in attendance for the last five years.

The Colts have attendances in the 50,000s, which is about 12-15,000 less than what will be at the Bills game tommorrow

Actually there are going to 60,000 at the Colts game and that's just because it is a smaller stadium, not becuase you necesarily have better fans.

drmoyer421
12-02-2006, 05:21 PM

Actually there are going to 60,000 at the Colts game and that's just because it is a smaller stadium, not becuase you necesarily have better fans.

I never said anything about "better fans"... all I am saying is that the Bills have done EXTREMELY well in attendance. Places like Jacksonville have to cover 9000 seats every season just so that they can sell out each game.

The Bills are not in the Washington or NYC area and still compete effectively with the Redskins and the Jets/Giants with seasonal attendance numbers every year. (seeing they are the 3 of the top 5 in capacity) The market is CONSIDERABLY lower in population, yet fans still come in droves!!

Even when the game is blacked out, there are still 65,000 fans in the stadium WHICH IS MORE THAN 3/4 OF OTHER NFL STADIUMS!!

In the last five years they have only NOT sold out like 3 games.. and doing that with LOSING SEASONS! Imagine the demand when they start winning!?!?

SuperMcGee
12-02-2006, 05:26 PM
ITS THE BILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSS SSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob S
12-02-2006, 07:02 PM
I get what your saying, but that could be used as an excuse by the NFL. Not that it is necessarily true, but uneducated people will buy it.

Rob S
12-02-2006, 07:03 PM
Can we get a weather update McGee?

drmoyer421
12-02-2006, 07:43 PM
Well I live here in the area..
It should be in 20-30s and possible snow (probable snow in later afternoon)

SuperMcGee
12-02-2006, 07:53 PM
Well I live here in the area..
It should be in 20-30s and possible snow (probable snow in later afternoon)

whereabout in the area?

drmoyer421
12-02-2006, 07:57 PM
well I actually live in Rochester, but my brother is in Kenmore

DWhitner20
12-02-2006, 08:01 PM
On the Buffalo Bills official boards I'm hearing theres no snow in Lancaster, which is 5 miles of the stadium. It's going to be in the 20s-30s and theres a 30% chance of snow. But it should be rainy, cold, windy and nasty -- I LIKE IT!

Rob S
12-02-2006, 11:43 PM
On the Buffalo Bills official boards I'm hearing theres no snow in Lancaster, which is 5 miles of the stadium. It's going to be in the 20s-30s and theres a 30% chance of snow. But it should be rainy, cold, windy and nasty -- I LIKE IT!

me too. Lets show those Cali boys why football shouldn't be played in SoCal. :D

JTBUFFALO
12-03-2006, 10:19 AM
GOOOOO BILLSSSSSSSS. if we can pull this one off then .500 it is. A push for the wildcard? not likely lol but we are turning it around.

DWhitner20
12-03-2006, 10:48 AM
GOOOOO BILLSSSSSSSS. if we can pull this one off then .500 it is. A push for the wildcard? not likely lol but we are turning it around.

IF we can beat the Chargers, theres no reason we shouldn't be able to win out. BUT thats a huge IF.

BILLS INACTIVES: CB Ashton Youboty, RB Shaud Williams, S Matt Bowen, OL Tutan Reyes, TE Matt Murphy, DE Eric Powell, DT Jason Jefferson.

CHARGERS INACTIVES: FS Marlon McCree, CB Cletis Gordon, RB Michael Turner, T Roman Oben, WR Greg Camarillo, TE Ryan Krause, DE Luis Castillo.

SuperMcGee
12-03-2006, 11:33 AM
No Castillo or Turner today. McCree inactive also. Hope this helps (not that we need it 8) )

Rob S
12-03-2006, 02:22 PM
here we come!!!!!!!!

fischbowl
12-03-2006, 02:43 PM
We're Coming Back Bitches!

Rob S
12-03-2006, 02:47 PM
what was Juaron thinking taking that time out before the review?

DWhitner20
12-03-2006, 03:31 PM

That was the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Then our D taking a nap and letting them put together an 8 min drive that took the clock from 11 to 3 mins.

Ugh, a 24-21 loss. 5-7.

:(

drmoyer421
12-03-2006, 03:40 PM

That was the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Then our D taking a nap and letting them put together an 8 min drive that took the clock from 11 to 3 mins.

Ugh, a 24-21 loss. 5-7.

:(
Jauron didnt take the TO, Losman did... as the coaches debated on if to review the play or not, the clock ticked down and no play was called in.

SuperMcGee
12-03-2006, 04:08 PM
for anyone that saw, how bad was the uncalled PI on Reed on 3rd down on our second last drive (the one before Tomlinson's 2nd TD)?

DWhitner20
12-03-2006, 05:12 PM
for anyone that saw, how bad was the uncalled PI on Reed on 3rd down on our second last drive (the one before Tomlinson's 2nd TD)?

That was garbage, I don't even think the ball got tipped and if it did Number 25 of San Diego was making contact with him from behind before it got there.

Rob S
12-03-2006, 05:16 PM

That was garbage, I don't even think the ball got tipped and if it did Number 25 of San Diego was making contact with him from behind before it got there.

well, if it did get tipped, contact is allowed. I couldnt see clearly if it was tipped from what I saw so i cant kill the official for that one. Anyway, we played well and in the 2nd half we showed that we can play with anyone, so all in all it was a good week even though we didnt get the w.

DWhitner20
12-03-2006, 05:17 PM

well, if it did get tipped, contact is allowed. I couldnt see clearly if it was tipped from what I saw so i cant kill the official for that one. Anyway, we played well and in the 2nd half we showed that we can play with anyone, so all in all it was a good week even though we didnt get the w.

It's just dissapointing we showed up late. :cry:

drmoyer421
12-03-2006, 05:32 PM

It's just dissapointing we showed up late. :cry:
be proud that we showed up. Last year we lost BIG. A couple weeks ago I would of said that this was another blowout. just think SD has been racking up points, as the highest scoring team in the league.. and the Bills were an onside kick, or a pass interference call from having a chance to go to overtime.

DWhitner20
12-03-2006, 05:52 PM
Things I liked:
J.P. Losman
21/37, 2 TDs 2 INTs, 184 yards
6 runs, 26 yards - two for 1st downs

He didn't curl up into a ball after starting out bad, he made up for his mistakes.

Josh Reed
4 catches, 50 yards
3 Of his catches were for 1st downs on 3rd downs, his catch that wasnt for a 1st down was only one yard shy

Nate Clements, he played with fire and was in on a lot of tackles and had some very nice breakups. We need to show him the money.

Miami lost too :lol:

Things I didn't like:

Willis McGahee
16 carries for 26 yards and 1 TD, 1 catch for 1 yard

Anthony Thomas
2 carries for 11 yards, 4 catches for 33 yards

:?

What also bugs me is the 1st down we could have had if Willis just ran foward but he decided to dance around and got tackled short. Willis is good but his style bugs me, I don't think he's anything more than average, he pussyfoots around too much and dosen't hit the hole. I think we should of given A-Train a few more carries.

LaDainian Tomlinson
28 carries, 178 yards and 2 TDs

LT absolutley murdered us.

Antonio Gates
7 catches, 90 yards and a TD

Rob S
12-03-2006, 06:43 PM
I really dont like willis. Dont ask me why, but I think our offense would be more effective with thomas. Willis is as talented as anyone, but damn, does he ever hit a hole?

DWhitner20
12-03-2006, 06:46 PM
I really dont like willis. Dont ask me why, but I think our offense would be more effective with thomas. Willis is as talented as anyone, but damn, does he ever hit a hole?

Agreed, I don't think we'll resign him after next year and I really wouldn't mind seeing a RB brought in.

Space Ghost
12-03-2006, 08:30 PM
I know what you guys mean about McGahee and I agree to an extent. Both the offensive line and McGahee are way to inconsistent for my likings but I would much rather improve the offensive line and stick with Willis than get rid of him and try and find the perfect running back for an average offensive line.

Today Jauron really should have talked to Willis about hitting the holes or told Thomas to go out there and just plow someone to motivate Willis. I noticed that Willis wasn't afraid to hit somebody in the passing game when blocking for Losman, but he wouldn't run into them with the ball in his hands. He really wasn't hitting the line at a good speed today, but it its not like many other backs have done a lot better against that defense. Here are the top rushers against the Chargers this year:

Week1: Justin Fargas 5/35
Week2: Vince Young 5/24
Week4: Jamaal Lewis 15/34
Week5: Willie Parker 14/57
Week6: Frank Gore 10/55
Week7: Larry Johnson 28/132
Week8: Stephen Jackson 18/84
Week9: Reuben Droughns 19/36
Week10: Rudi Johnson 18/85
Week11: Mike Bell 20/90
Week12: Justin Fargas 14/32
Week13: Willis McGahee 16/26

Yes, I realize ours is among the bottom of that in terms of production, but at least we put up a fight against this team. We also have one of the worst offensive lines of the teams on this list, either us or the Browns pretty much, the Raiders line isn't that bad at run blocking, just they never run the damn ball because they are always playing from behind. We also were playing from behind in that game so we couldn't let Willis run much once we were down by 17 at half.

I agree that Willis hasn't been hitting the holes hard enough and has been dancing too much, but I don't really think that Anthony Thomas gives us a better chance of winning any games, mostly because in my opiniong Willis is a much better pass blocker and receiver, none of that matters as much if we are winning, but we are playing from behind A LOT and have been behind and coming back in the past three games.

I think that we should stick with Willis for the future, DWhitner, do you think that everyone on our offense should be releases when their contract is up? I mean you are negative towards pretty much everyone on our offense and get your opinions swayed week to week. No offense bro, its just weird.

I don't think we would do any better with anyone we pick up off the market or the draft in the next 3 years, maybe once Willis is around 3 years when Willis is 28, that is when we should look for someone else unless Willis develops a chronic fumbling problem or keeps on playing like he did today. But he has some really great games and strong preformances ever few weeks and you have to hope that he can consistently have games like those ones and hope that we can improve Losman's game to get up in games early and improve the offensive line to get Willis at least an extra 0.5 yards per carry.

DWhitner20
12-03-2006, 08:48 PM
I think that we should stick with Willis for the future, DWhitner, do you think that everyone on our offense should be releases when their contract is up? I mean you are negative towards pretty much everyone on our offense and get your opinions swayed week to week. No offense bro, its just weird.

There's only two players I sway with and thats Willis McGahee and JP Losman, prior to the Houston game I really truly thought we were going nowhere with him but he really stepped it up. To me he's proven he's capable of being our starter and I'm alright with him as long as we get better around him.

As for Willis McGahee, theres just so many high expectations with the guy and he really just hasn't done much. Sometimes he'll have a game where you just say wow. But as of late he looks like he's scared to get hit, he takes to much time, he dosen't hit the hole strong enough, he's really just inconsistent and not the back a lot of people think he is. That's just how I feel about Willis.

What also bugs me with him is its always a gimmick, his 2nd year in the leauge, the first time he played he was awesome. But then with Mularkey he put on too much weight and "lost his burst", he proclaimed himself the best back in the leauge, he wasn't fully ready with his knee, this offseason it was all about him getting leaner and faster and he's identical to himself last year.

I don't think we would do any better with anyone we pick up off the market or the draft in the next 3 years, maybe once Willis is around 3 years when Willis is 28, that is when we should look for someone else unless Willis develops a chronic fumbling problem or keeps on playing like he did today.

Well I'm pretty sure Willis is a FA next offseason and I'm not so sure we'll retain him...

Space Ghost
12-03-2006, 09:06 PM
But as of late he looks like he's scared to get hit, he takes to much time, he dosen't hit the hole strong enough, he's really just inconsistent and not the back a lot of people think he is. That's just how I feel about Willis.

This is where you lost me because he really isn't even healthy, he has broken ribs and probably should have waited until next week to come back. Coming back early is only making the recovery time longer, now his ribs probably won't be 100% until week 16.

I think that he got way too many carries early. He wasn't able to adjust his game from what it was at the end of last year when he was over weight to what it is now that he is in better shape. Anthony Thomas should get 5-8 carries a game and Willis should get 18-24 in my opinion, this way neither are under played and neither are completely spent after 16 games, hopefully going into the post season. This will also lower the risk of McGahee getting injured and in turn Thomas because he has to carry the ball around 30 times if Willis is out because the coaches don't seem to want to give Shaud Williams any carries.

DWhitner20
12-03-2006, 10:37 PM
But as of late he looks like he's scared to get hit, he takes to much time, he dosen't hit the hole strong enough, he's really just inconsistent and not the back a lot of people think he is. That's just how I feel about Willis.

This is where you lost me because he really isn't even healthy, he has broken ribs and probably should have waited until next week to come back. Coming back early is only making the recovery time longer, now his ribs probably won't be 100% until week 16.

I think that he got way too many carries early. He wasn't able to adjust his game from what it was at the end of last year when he was over weight to what it is now that he is in better shape. Anthony Thomas should get 5-8 carries a game and Willis should get 18-24 in my opinion, this way neither are under played and neither are completely spent after 16 games, hopefully going into the post season. This will also lower the risk of McGahee getting injured and in turn Thomas because he has to carry the ball around 30 times if Willis is out because the coaches don't seem to want to give Shaud Williams any carries.

It's always an excuse for Willis, I'm just tired of the guy I guess and I don't see us sticking with him when his contract is up next offseason.

Leon Sandcastle
12-04-2006, 12:34 PM
The boys in black and white really gave us the shaft in that game. Every questionable call went in favor of the Chargers and at points critical mistakes from the referees really killed our momentum. Other than that I'm proud of how tough the Bills played.

Earlier in the year they wouldn't have put up a fight but you can see a change in this team after the Houston game.

J.P. Losman needs to clean up the little mistakes. He wasn't as good as weeks past but you can see little improvements from him every week. It's imperative that he gets better with each game.

Our problem is that we don't have control at the point of attack. Hopefully Levy notices this and adresses our interior line problems on both sides of the ball.

DWhitner20
12-04-2006, 12:54 PM
The boys in black and white really gave us the shaft in that game. Every questionable call went in favor of the Chargers and at points critical mistakes from the referees really killed our momentum. Other than that I'm proud of how tough the Bills played.

Earlier in the year they wouldn't have put up a fight but you can see a change in this team after the Houston game.

J.P. Losman needs to clean up the little mistakes. He wasn't as good as weeks past but you can see little improvements from him every week. It's imperative that he gets better with each game.

Our problem is that we don't have control at the point of attack. Hopefully Levy notices this and adresses our interior line problems on both sides of the ball.

I agree, I think the key point that needs to be fixed on the o-line is at Offensive Guard because we don't seem to get any push from them, Preston especially in the run game. It might be a bit much to hope for but I hope we can get Eric Steinbach in FA to play LG, maybe our first round pick will be Justin Blalock and he could play RG.

DWhitner20
12-04-2006, 01:15 PM
And Bad News:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4458

Crowell likley done for the season. :cry:

Space Ghost
12-04-2006, 04:27 PM
And Bad News:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4458

Crowell likley done for the season. :cry:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO MY FAVOURITE BILL!!!!

Rob S
12-04-2006, 10:34 PM
Crowell had a hell of a year and will be a force, shame it had to end for him like this this year tho.

steelcrew43
12-04-2006, 10:56 PM
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f212/steelcrew43/jarrett_bills.jpg

RochesterRox19
12-05-2006, 11:00 AM
^ DEFINITELY digging that!!

Here's a post with my feelings on the rest of the season, where we'll be picking and my top prospects list.

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=56329&st=0#entry857795

Leon Sandcastle
12-05-2006, 11:43 AM
Yeah I know McGahee has no line to work with and that he's playing with bad ribs and a inconsistent QB but it could be time to look for another RB. I'm not sold on him as a player and he's going to want a big paycheck at the end of next year and it'd be best if we found another RB in the draft a late first day pick where guys like McGill are going to land.

We might even try getting Michael Turner from the Chargers. He's a RFA at the end of the year and they might have to let him go.

calibill2
12-06-2006, 03:44 AM
agreed willis isnt that great. i'd like to see a rb in the later rounds. How aboutjamarcus russel in the 1st haha, dont see that happening but i do see us draftin a qb in some round

SuperMcGee
12-06-2006, 04:42 PM
agreed willis isnt that great. i'd like to see a rb in the later rounds. How aboutjamarcus russel in the 1st haha, dont see that happening but i do see us draftin a qb in some round

well I think holcomb is a FA after this year and I see no reason to sign him, so a late round QB could be nice

Rob S
12-06-2006, 06:18 PM
Marv wont go offense imo unless one of the top OT falls. If not, I think he wants to go DE or MLB if Fletch goes. Jarrett is a major bad move imo. The pic is cool and all, but our WR are OK. People forget Parrish was a 2nd rounder just two years ago and WR usualy take 3 years to develop anyway.

DWhitner20
12-06-2006, 07:19 PM

I don't think so.

DWhitner20
12-07-2006, 10:07 AM
Bills vs. Phins got moved back to 1 o'clock:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4464

Rob S
12-07-2006, 11:01 AM
these time changes are pissing me off. Gotta change my flight.

rocco31fb
12-07-2006, 12:05 PM
Bills vs. Phins got moved back to 1 o'clock:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4464

That still says 4:05pm...why would they change it back?

EDIT: I looked around and you are right, but your link isn't. Anyway, I guess they didnt think they would sellout if the game was at 4:05pm instead of 1pm.

rocco31fb
12-07-2006, 12:09 PM
Jamarcus Russell in Scott's mock....

I dont like it at all. We will have much more glaring holes at season's end (CB, LB, OL, DT, WR, TE). I think if McCaulley is sitting there, the Bills would grab him before a QB. Terrible pick IMO.

Rob S
12-07-2006, 02:33 PM
Jamarcus Russell in Scott's mock....

I dont like it at all. We will have much more glaring holes at season's end (CB, LB, OL, DT, WR, TE). I think if McCaulley is sitting there, the Bills would grab him before a QB. Terrible pick IMO.

I dont like it either

AlexDown
12-07-2006, 02:35 PM
Is Willis Mcgahee playing this sunday?

DWhitner20
12-07-2006, 02:38 PM
Right now I have a basic offseason plan in my mind:

- Let London Fletcher walk, re-sign Nate Clements. As much as I like London Fletcher, he's getting up there and he still produces but we need a more athletic MLB with range.

- In FA we sign Eric Steinbach to play LG and 6'4 Ernest Wilford from Jax to be our #2 WR.

This enables us to grab Patrick Willis in round 1 and hopefully grab Ben Grubbs or Arron Sears round 2 to play RG.

Our O-Line becomes:

Peters - Steinbach - Fowler - Grubbs/Sears - Pennington

I can dream... :wink:

DWhitner20
12-07-2006, 02:45 PM
Is Willis Mcgahee playing this sunday?

He's listed as questionable but he'll most likley play.

SuperMcGee
12-07-2006, 08:03 PM
Marv wont go offense imo unless one of the top OT falls. If not, I think he wants to go DE or MLB if Fletch goes. Jarrett is a major bad move imo. The pic is cool and all, but our WR are OK. People forget Parrish was a 2nd rounder just two years ago and WR usualy take 3 years to develop anyway.

Roscoe is really just a slot guy though. Price is not a good starter. Evans is great, but we need a big guy who can actually make the good catch. I think Jarrett would help a bunch. I don't think he will be the pick, but its who I would want

Bills2083
12-08-2006, 03:52 PM
Right now I have a basic offseason plan in my mind:

- Let London Fletcher walk, re-sign Nate Clements. As much as I like London Fletcher, he's getting up there and he still produces but we need a more athletic MLB with range.

- In FA we sign Eric Steinbach to play LG and 6'4 Ernest Wilford from Jax to be our #2 WR.

This enables us to grab Patrick Willis in round 1 and hopefully grab Ben Grubbs or Arron Sears round 2 to play RG.

Our O-Line becomes:

Peters - Steinbach - Fowler - Grubbs/Sears - Pennington

I can dream... :wink:

That would be a great offseason. Our youg O-line could gel together.

glazeduck
12-09-2006, 02:08 PM
I'd rather give the money to Fletch and let Nate walk. Solid corners, especially in the cover 2 can be found late, and we still have a guy w/ tons of potential in Youboty on the bench. Add to that Fletch is our leader and best defensive player while Clements has been overrated for a number of years and only complained.

I like the idea of signing Steinbach, hopefully TKO has a good repoire with him? Wilford isn't anything special. I think we should sign DJ Hackett and draft Jarrett w/ our 1st rounder (along w/ cut Price.) That to me fixes our wr problem.

At gaurd we'll be able to get a better player than grubbs or sears (i see both as mid-3rd rd picks, maybe even day 2 picks)...Probably could still get Beekman or a top corner in the 2nd. Also...still not sold on Pennington.

just my thoughts.

DCBills
12-10-2006, 10:04 AM
I think we're in a really good position this year in the draft. Our pick won't be so high that we have to pay them a ridiculous sum, and because of this we have more flexibility as to what positions to tackle.

Personally there are a few guys that I wouldn't mind having:

If somehow Branch fell to us, I'd take him in a heartbeat for the DT rotation.

then

If Jake Long was there, I'd take him. I think the kid is tremendous and could likely play RT immediately. This would put Pennington back into the swing tackle backing up both tackle positions.

Those guys probably won't be there though when we pick.

So I guess realistically I'd like either a big WR like Jarrett (the Shark troubles me with his whole baseball thing)

or

a Linebacker - Willis or Posluszny (Willis I like his versatility and speed; Posluszny - not totally sold on, is he comparable to Urlacher coming out of college?

SuperMcGee
12-10-2006, 11:46 AM
J-E-T-S SUCK SUCK SUCK!!!

Rob S
12-10-2006, 11:50 AM
a win today would be huge. Especially with me living in the city and all with Jets Fans

AlexDown
12-10-2006, 11:55 AM
J-E-T-S SUCK SUCK SUCK!!!

Negative.

Rob S
12-10-2006, 03:50 PM
thats what happens when willis hits the god damn hole.

DWhitner20
12-10-2006, 03:53 PM
thats what happens when willis hits the god damn hole.

Seriously, 57 yards, Willis:

GOOD THINGS HAPPEN WHEN YOU JUST HIT THE HOLE, DO IT OFTEN!

Rob S
12-10-2006, 04:34 PM
You know Nate was seeing the dollar signs on that return. 21-10 baby!!!!!

rocco31fb
12-10-2006, 05:26 PM
You know Nate was seeing the dollar signs on that return. 21-10 baby!!!!!

That play will be the reason we don't resign him....

DWhitner20
12-10-2006, 06:55 PM
Lee Evans over 1,000:

He entered the game with 65 catches for 925 and 4 TDs. Today he grabbed 2 balls for 91 yards and a TD putting him at:

1,016 yards and 5 TDs! Congrats Lee!

Rob S
12-10-2006, 07:53 PM
Lee Evans over 1,000:

He entered the game with 65 catches for 925 and 4 TDs. Today he grabbed 2 balls for 91 yards and a TD putting him at:

1,016 yards and 5 TDs! Congrats Lee!

thats why he is the man in my sig

SuperMcGee
12-11-2006, 03:43 PM
Aaron Schobel leads the league in sacks for non-steroid enhanced players (and is tied with he who is)
JP Losman is 1/10 point behind Brady in QB rating
Lee Evans is in good company being one of 8 WR with 1000 yds
London Fletcher is 2nd in solo tackles, 3rd in total. Tied for lead in both INT for non-DBs and defensive TD
Lindell is tied for the fewest misses in the AFC and is hitting 90% (sign him!!)
Moorman rules

I'm just happy

Rob S
12-11-2006, 10:51 PM
unfortunately none will make the pro bowl. I feel so bad for Fletch, he wants to go so bad.

OTcoach
12-12-2006, 09:15 AM
I know Fletch has good stats but I feel as if there's still something missing there. He's improving his role in the cover 2 coverage but he just doesn't make the stops on Run D that are so crucial. Maybe we just need some bigger DT's in front of him. I love Williams but it would be nice to have a 300 plus guy clogging things up. any thoughts?

bearsfan_51
12-12-2006, 09:19 AM
Dick Jauron for coach of the year.

He and Marv Levy are brining sexy back.

Leon Sandcastle
12-12-2006, 02:31 PM
I wouldn't go that far. The league office has already sent Sean Payton that award.

Even though some of Jauron's in game decisions have me scratching my head I think he's been unbelievable to the team's overalls psyche.

Earlier in the year if we got down early we wouldn't have the mental toughness to fight through it. Fast forward to the present day and that's all changed.

I'm really impressed at how we aren't beating ourselves by commiting penalties. By my count we've had 11 penalties since the Bye and a couple have been intentional. That's growth and something we haven't seen from a Bills team in a long time.

J.P. Losman looks like he's improving. He's still rough around the edges but I see growth there.

Our offensive line has been night and day. Putting Jason Peters at the LT position has been a great move. Mike Gandy hasn't looked bad at LG and maybe Levy should resign him after the season as a backup. Melvin Fowler has been a suprise and I know think he's the right guy at C for alteast next season. Duke Preston and Terrence Pennington haven't been asked to do a lot but they've looked fairly well.

With 39 Million in FA money and a mid 1st round pick we could be on the up and up.

Let's hope that Marv Levy, Tom Modrak and Ralph Wilson decide to spend some money on some of our players like Nate Clements, London Fletcher, Chris Kelsay, Rian Lindell. They've all been huge parts of our success so far. But also go out and shell out some money to guys like Eric Steinbach or Michael Turner who is a RFA.

We still have some ways to go like stopping the run, interior line help, and a 2nd receiver but I think we can solve most of our problems during the offseason.

NFL Draft
1st Alan Branch-DT Michigan
Michael Turner-RB *Signed from Chargers*
3rd-Paul Williams-WR Fresno St.
4th-Ben Grubbs-RG Auburn
6thChase Upshaw-TE Buffalo
7th-Andrew Carnahan-RT Arizona St.

SuperMcGee
12-12-2006, 02:46 PM
Dick Jauron for coach of the year.

He and Marv Levy are brining sexy back.

They sure are. I love what our coaches have done this year, much more than I expected

SuperMcGee
12-12-2006, 02:47 PM
NFL Draft
4th-Ben Grubbs-RG Auburn

Its Chad Upshaw

Leon Sandcastle
12-12-2006, 05:44 PM
NFL Draft
4th-Ben Grubbs-RG Auburn

Its Chad Upshaw

Those damn typos.

Rob S
12-12-2006, 06:54 PM
why dont we have a 2nd? (EDIT: Got it Turner is Restricted)

DWhitner20
12-12-2006, 09:34 PM
unfortunately none will make the pro bowl. I feel so bad for Fletch, he wants to go so bad.

I don't think so I really think Moorman, Lindell, Schobel, Fletcher and MAYBE Jason Peters will. Lee Evans is a possibility.

SuperMcGee
12-12-2006, 09:58 PM

I don't think so I really think Moorman, Lindell, Schobel, Fletcher and MAYBE Jason Peters will. Lee Evans is a possibility.

Lindell I doubt would get in even though there's really no great argument for any one guy in the AFC. Moorman is great and liked around the league. Fletch and Schobel have numbers and some big plays, but they're both on the outside chance of getting in. Too much competition for Evans, and Peters has absolutely no chance

SuperMcGee
12-13-2006, 05:01 PM
We signed a WR that never played college ball but tore up the Arena League to the PS. 6-2, 190, white, and fast

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4489

DWhitner20
12-13-2006, 06:54 PM
We signed a WR that never played college ball but tore up the Arena League to the PS. 6-2, 190, white, and fast

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4489

I think Bergeron was on Scott's list of sleepers last year.

New England released Doug Gabriel, which was very suprising I think, I'd love for us to give him a look.

Rob S
12-14-2006, 04:01 PM
Interesting article on our rookies:

At the end of NFL draft weekend this past April no one at One Bills Drive, or anywhere else for that matter, could have envisioned how important the contributions of the nine men selected by Buffalo would be just seven months later. For a team on its way back to respectability it's been significant.

"Like everybody we thought we had a good draft," said head coach Dick Jauron. "Clearly you don't draft anybody that you don't think is pretty good. It takes a while, sometimes a number of years to see who developed and who was a good pick and who wasn't. Sometimes it's luck and sometimes it's skill. Our class has had to play quickly. A lot of them have had to go in there and play."

That has been particularly true on the defensive side of the ball where every defensive player drafted has made at least one start, with the exception of defensive tackle John McCargo, who was placed on injured reserve with a broken foot in Week Six after appearing in just five games.

In fact the Bills are one of four NFL teams to start four or more rookies through the first 13 games of this season. Only the Packers, Texans and Raiders have used rookies as extensively as Buffalo.

Donte Whitner and Ko Simpson were starters almost from the beginning of the 2006 campaign. Whitner and Simpson didn't start in Week One, but played extensively at New England. Whitner made his first career interception late the game which he would've taken back for a touchdown had it not been for a penalty called on Buffalo. Even Simpson didn't think he would play on defense any time early this season, but Troy Vincent's hamstring injury in the opener and subsequent release has allowed the rookie free safety to start in 12 straight games.

"I just thought I would come in and play special teams and back up Troy Vincent," said Simpson. "But he went down so I got thrown in the fire and I've been learning on the run. Now I'm at the point where I'm just out there playing. I'm not thinking, I'm just trying to make plays."

Both Simpson and Whitner made their first career starts at Miami in Week Two. The two safeties looked back at film of that game in preparation for this Sunday's second matchup with the Dolphins, and were amazed by their level of play at that time.

"We were watching the tape and we were thinking, 'Golly, we were young,'" said Simpson. "We were out there messing up. We weren't playing how we're playing now so we reflect back on that we know that we're a lot better right now."

"We know a lot more than we did then," said Whitner. "We now know more of what to expect in each ball game and we've become more comfortable with each other out there. We're just playing now."

The pair of defensive backs is third and fifth in tackles and they've combined for three interceptions.

"When we drafted these kids we said there were going to be some growing pains," said defensive coordinator Perry Fewell. "I think Ko and Donte have fit into our plans earlier than we wanted them to, but they've come through and done a nice job for us."

Fellow defensive back Ashton Youboty finally got on the field making his first career start last week against the Jets when the Bills opened up in the nickel package defensively.

Behind from the start in his rookie season, due to the death of his mother, the staff was reluctant to throw him out on the field having never even seen him in a preseason game. But his steady performance last Sunday will no doubt encourage the coaches to make use of his talents again.

"I was just happy to have a chance to help the team," said Youboty. "A lot of the guys were happy just to see me active (for the game). Being able to help the team get a victory is something I appreciate. I look forward to my next opportunity."

If Youboty finishes the season with some more promising performances it could give the Bills a potential replacement option if they're unsuccessful in re-signing Nate Clements.

Kyle Williams was considered a steal in the fifth round this past spring. And he stole the show at training camp as a no-nonsense, high-effort defensive tackle that quickly assimilated to the pro game.

Williams' play improved through the first quarter of the season so much that he assumed the starting nose tackle role in Buffalo's front four in Week Six and hasn't looked back.

"Kyle was a guy where what we saw on tape was what we got," said Fewell. "Kyle has been instrumental in terms of doing the things we needed to have done at that position. We'd like him to gain a little more weight, but his contribution has been significant."

He and fellow defensive tackle John McCargo could be a formidable duo in a few years. McCargo was just scratching the surface of his ability when his rookie season was cut short with the broken foot he sustained in early October.

Perhaps no one has been a bigger surprise however, than linebacker Keith Ellison. The sixth-round pick was expected to be a solid special teams contributor in his first season, but he quickly found himself lining up on the weak side at linebacker in Week One.

After Takeo Spikes suffered his hamstring injury in the first half of the season opener, Angelo Crowell took his spot on the strong side and Ellison stepped in on the weak side. His head was swimming, but he wasn't getting undressed by Tom Brady and the Patriots' offense and finished with eight tackles. Since then Ellison has made four starts, with his greatest challenge last week. Already starting for an injured Angelo Crowell on the weak side, Ellison had to flip over to the strong side when Spikes left the game with knee and ankle injuries.

"It's phenomenal what Keith did because he got no reps at the strong side linebacker position," said London Fletcher. "All his reps were on the weak side and there are differences between those two positions in terms of run fits and he did a great job of adjusting."

Ellison admits if he had to make that switch early in the season he may have been in trouble, but late in the year he doesn't even feel like a rookie anymore.

"I have a better understanding of the defense and my role in it and what they want me to do out there," he said. "Trying to adjust to the NFL game and learn a new system is tough early, but after 14 weeks you're a lot more comfortable out there."

For a sixth-round pick to provide quality play in four starts and several relief appearances as a rookie, at such an important playmaking position, has been huge.

"I think Keith Ellison has been the surprise of the class," said Fewell. "We thought he was a good player. We thought he was a smart player, but we didn't know how smart he was. He's the diamond in the rough in this draft class because he's come in and played SAM linebacker, he's play WILL and he's played nickel WILL. The kid has done a remarkable job."

And Ellison is not alone. On the other side of the ball Buffalo plugged in rookie seventh-round pick Terrance Pennington at right tackle during the bye week and never looked back.

The 6'7" 325-pound tackle knew it wasn't going to be easy at first.

"Of course my first couple of games I was a little nervous," Pennington said. "I guess all my confidence wasn't there. I was going through a learning process, but now my mindset is more like I need to do my job and do whatever it takes to win. I feel a lot more relaxed out there. It's just a game now to me."

While Pennington has received a lot of help in pass protection from the tight ends and the backs, he has held his own for the most part. In Week 11 this seventh-round pick went up against the player taken first off the board in Houston defensive end Mario Williams and held him to two tackles and no sacks in a Bills win.

"I just took being a seventh-round pick and used it as a chip on my shoulder to show the other teams what they've missed," Pennington said. "I just want to show the Bills that they got a good player, hard worker, good guy character-wise, basically everything they expected me to be and more."

Fifth-round pick Brad Butler and seventh-round pick Aaron Merz have also found their way onto the field in supporting roles this season. Butler is currently the team's third tackle and Merz is one of two backup guards.

Ultimately the players know what the benefits of all this early playing time can mean not only for them, but the future success of the team.

"Us coming in with the Bills trying to rebuild, it makes it even better for us to play now," said Pennington. "Instead of this being a season where we learn technique and learn how to play and then maybe next year get on the field, we're going in and jelling with the other players this year. So maybe after this year with everyone buying into the system we can get better in the offseason, and next season just dominate. That's what we're all hoping for."

fischbowl
12-14-2006, 04:54 PM
I went to the Bills/Jets game last week (road trip):

Jets fans are assholes.

Nuff Said

Why you ask?

It was pretty good throughout the game except when leaving some asshole told me "All Buffalo is known for is strip clubs and snow"

Then some other guy added in incest.

Anyways: Excellent game: I know people back home were able to watch it on TV! :P (Always good when something isn't blacked out)

Fletch, Schobel, Willis, and Clements showed why they are our best and I savored every second of that defeat

FISCHBOWL!

rocco31fb
12-14-2006, 05:53 PM
Maybe you've all seen this article, but if not, our boy JP is getting some dap:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/12/14/bc.fbn.bills.losman.ap/index.html

Just as many had the Bills taking a TE in the first round last year, citing it as a "major need", I think we'll all be fighting those who have the Bills drafting a QB in the first round. JP is steadily improving after all the setbacks he's had in his small career. Here's to more hope over the horizon.

SuperMcGee
12-14-2006, 06:12 PM
TE?
I actually believe OT, DT, and QB were the picks being oft given to the Bills last year

I doubt we'll see as many people going for QB to the Bills this year (though many are like sheep to the Scott Wright mock, so we could see it more than anticipated). We could see a tackle, guard, wide receiver, tight end, any defensive psoition besides safety, and yes, QBs in mocks this year. I'm going with a LB or WR for my pick, but players on either line could have fair arguments

SuperMcGee
12-15-2006, 05:10 PM
WTF we can't even sell out a Dolphins game

Space Ghost
12-15-2006, 05:32 PM
WTF we can't even sell out a Dolphins game

I'll be there, therefore, I won't have to watch some other team. I tried my best to help us sell out but I only have 8 tickets :cry:

SuperMcGee
12-15-2006, 08:44 PM
Chris Denney for MVP

49ersfan_87
12-15-2006, 09:26 PM
So is the game blacked out? I live in toronto, but i get buffalo fox and cbs station, so i get the bills games. Im just curious if its gona be on, and if it isnt, do you know what other game will be?

SuperMcGee
12-15-2006, 09:32 PM
yeah it'll be a blackout. No idea what game will be on

DWhitner20
12-15-2006, 09:45 PM
They really need to cut down the seating capacity, it's starting to screw us with these blackouts. I can't wait till I move to Buffalo and can be a season ticket holder.

SuperMcGee
12-15-2006, 09:50 PM
They really need to cut down the seating capacity, it's starting to screw us with these blackouts. I can't wait till I move to Buffalo and can be a season ticket holder.

Word, let's get together for some seasons in the Rockpile

rocco31fb
12-16-2006, 10:48 AM
Looks like I'll be posted up on my computer watching NFL.com GameCentre or whatever it's called, watching Blue and Green lines go back and forth on a screen. Yea for me. If I listenned to it online, its about 5 minutes slower than NFL.com. Can't wait that long. Bills are gonna win anyway. Harrington will remember what it was like to play in Detroit.

SuperMcGee
12-16-2006, 02:11 PM
Looks like I'll be posted up on my computer watching NFL.com GameCentre or whatever it's called, watching Blue and Green lines go back and forth on a screen. Yea for me. If I listenned to it online, its about 5 minutes slower than NFL.com. Can't wait that long. Bills are gonna win anyway. Harrington will remember what it was like to play in Detroit.

Harrington Sucks

(whatever happened to that guy?)

rocco31fb
12-16-2006, 04:37 PM

In a dome?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you meant he'll suck on sunday :wink:

Always gotta be a smartass.

SuperMcGee
12-16-2006, 06:00 PM

In a dome?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you meant he'll suck on sunday :wink:

Always gotta be a smartass.

I seriously thought you meant he would be cold. I had to edit to save face :oops:

AdrianWilson12
12-17-2006, 04:59 AM
How come your offensive line play has been so stellar this year?
Is it good coaching or just underated talent?
Has Peters been the answer at LT?

DWhitner20
12-17-2006, 09:56 AM
How come your offensive line play has been so stellar this year?
Is it good coaching or just underated talent?
Has Peters been the answer at LT?

Our O-Line play has been far from stellar, but it really got better when we switched up the lines and moved Jason Peters to LT and Gandy inside to LG. Pennington has done a very good job at RT, especially for a 7th round rookie. Melvin Fowler is a very solid center and I'd say our weakest current point on the line is at RG in Duke Preston because while he can pass protect he dosen't always get good push and run block well. I'd say it's a mix of coaching and underrated talent.

Peters is most definetly the answer at LT and a real amazing story, coming how far he has from being an Undrafted Rookie 300+ pound TE to a stud LT. I honestly think he could be a Pro Bowler soon.

rocco31fb
12-17-2006, 11:58 AM
How's everyone getting through the blackout? I'll be "watching" the game on NFL.com. Lucky for me the Raps game is on at 1, so I can watch that instead. I'd rather watch the Bills thrash the Fins though. Happy Blackout Day. :cry:

NIN1984
12-17-2006, 02:39 PM
Wow J.P Losman is a beast, better than Eli Manning at this point

Ace
12-17-2006, 03:03 PM
Congrats on kicking our ass today. We deserve to not win another game if Harrington starts again.

DWhitner20
12-17-2006, 03:10 PM
21-0!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe we bought some audio and got Miami's cadence? :lol:

And I just found out I'm flying up to Buffalo on Christmas day.(Too bad it couldnt have been a day or 2 before so I could go to the game verse Tennessee).

SuperMcGee
12-17-2006, 04:03 PM
OK. Looking at realistic situations with a tad of luck tossed in, this is the most liekly scenario for Bills to get in....

Bills win out (dur)
Jets lose in miami, beat Oakland, fisnish 9-7
If Cincy wins tomorrow: Beat Denver and Pitt, take top wild card seed. If they lose tomorrow, lose to Pitt, beat Denver Finish 11-5 or 9-7
Pittsburgh: W/L cincy, lose to Baltimore Finish 7-9 or 8-8
Denver: Beats ARZ and and SF, loses to Cincy. finish 9-7
Jacksonville: loses out, finishes 8-8
KC: loses to SD, beats Oak and Jax. Finish 9-7

Not sure how tiebreakers work exactly, but jets, bills, denver, KC, and possibly cincy all could be 9-7. (I'll use cincy as 10-6 or 11-5 and give them the #1 WC) Bills would have same division record as Jets, better conference record. Bills and Broncos have same conference record. KC have better division record than Broncos but same overall record so finish ahead in division. Bills then have better conference record than Chiefs.
(ALL OF THIS IS PROBABLY VERY WRONG)

Since I'm almost sure I'm wrong in there somwhere, lets just hope everyone else loses out

DWhitner20
12-17-2006, 04:40 PM
I hate to think about playoffs because I don't want to get too excited but it definetly is a possibility and it makes me excited. Let's hope Zona can pull an upset and beat Denver here.

Also, I'd just like to share, today Nate once again played stellar. I really hope we re-sign him. He outcaught Chris Chambers! :lol:

Space Ghost
12-17-2006, 06:09 PM
Well, I got to watch that blowout from the stands today and it was great. I am pretty sure I am going down again next week for the Titans game and I am pumped. If we end the Titans streak I will be so happy. Maybe finally after that Jauron will get some well deserved credit like Fisher has been getting. I mean if what Fisher has done has been so incredible what Jauron has brought to the team has certainly been great as well. I am getting tired of only hearing about Fisher and Payton this year and no one says anythings about what the Bills and Jauron have done lately. Let's put an end to the Titans winnings on sunday. Hopefully I will be there in the stands again next week if my buddy can pull through for me again. LETS GO BILLS!!! Great day for a Bills fan, heck even a Tulane fan is probably having some fun today.

Ace
12-17-2006, 07:07 PM
I hate to think about playoffs because I don't want to get too excited but it definetly is a possibility and it makes me excited. Let's hope Zona can pull an upset and beat Denver here.

Also, I'd just like to share, today Nate once again played stellar. I really hope we re-sign him. He outcaught Chris Chambers! :lol:

Chambers sucks now. Anybody can cover him. Even if he is in the position to catch it, he will just drop it.

Windy
12-17-2006, 07:29 PM
are you guys going to resign kelsay?

Space Ghost
12-17-2006, 07:32 PM
are you guys going to resign kelsay?

Hope so. If we don't I am guessing that we will lock hargrove up long-term, otherwise that trade was 100% pointless and a waste of our fifth round pick.

Rob S
12-17-2006, 11:25 PM
Well, I got to watch that blowout from the stands today and it was great. I am pretty sure I am going down again next week for the Titans game and I am pumped. If we end the Titans streak I will be so happy. Maybe finally after that Jauron will get some well deserved credit like Fisher has been getting. I mean if what Fisher has done has been so incredible what Jauron has brought to the team has certainly been great as well. I am getting tired of only hearing about Fisher and Payton this year and no one says anythings about what the Bills and Jauron have done lately. Let's put an end to the Titans winnings on sunday. Hopefully I will be there in the stands again next week if my buddy can pull through for me again. LETS GO BILLS!!! Great day for a Bills fan, heck even a Tulane fan is probably having some fun today.

the ralph was rocking today baby. So glad I could be there!!!!!!

sweetness34
12-17-2006, 11:30 PM
So we beat you guys, the Phins beat us, and you beat the Phins. What the hell? :lol:

essential
12-18-2006, 12:33 AM
anyone think the titans game will sell out now? not being able to see three games in a row has sucked. the radio just isn't the same.

also, anyone listen to the post-game interviews? losman talked about how london fletcher was the most vocal leader about focusing on the game, taking care of business, etc. i think all this is going to make it hard to let him go after the season. i want them to keep him and clements, but clements will cost so much, and how much do you realistically give a 32 year old (i think he's that he is 32) MLB?

we'll see how it plays out. hope we can keep them both.

DWhitner20
12-18-2006, 10:22 AM
I think we will resign Fletch, he's a big time vocal leader and can still play and he wants to be here. We can draft his eventual replacment in Round 3 or so with a guy like Anthony Waters.

As for Nate, I really want to pay the guy but some team(I bet the Skins) will offer him an outrageous contract. We can't Franchise him again, I think we should Transition Tag him, which is what Seattle did to Steve Hutchinson last year. I'm pretty sure, you get to match another teams highest offer OR recieve compensation.

Space Ghost
12-18-2006, 12:12 PM

the ralph was rocking today baby. So glad I could be there!!!!!!

That stadium was as intense as I have seen it lately, even though it wasn't even full. Bills fans are awsome, unfortunately our stadium has way too many seats for a team in a not so highly populated part of New York, plus there are 2 other New York teams that stole all of the inner-city fans pretty much.

SuperMcGee
12-18-2006, 03:47 PM
So we beat you guys, the Phins beat us, and you beat the Phins. What the hell? :lol:

well, the dolphins suck

SuperMcGee
12-18-2006, 03:47 PM
I think we will resign Fletch, he's a big time vocal leader and can still play and he wants to be here. We can draft his eventual replacment in Round 3 or so with a guy like Anthony Waters.

As for Nate, I really want to pay the guy but some team(I bet the Skins) will offer him an outrageous contract. We can't Franchise him again, I think we should Transition Tag him, which is what Seattle did to Steve Hutchinson last year. I'm pretty sure, you get to match another teams highest offer OR recieve compensation.

I don't want Nate to leave :cry: :cry:
I know we've had our problems but deep down I've always loved you Nate

Leon Sandcastle
12-18-2006, 09:32 PM
It's going to be hard seeing Nate Clements play somewhere else but I think it's inevitable. We can only hope that Marv Levy gets some some compensation for Clements and with the way he's playing he's definatley worth a 2nd rounder.

Ace
12-18-2006, 09:44 PM

well, the dolphins suck

6-8 and 7-7 isn't that big of a difference. You better be glad that we had a QB who isn't worth a **** playing.

Rob S
12-19-2006, 09:40 AM
the thing with nate is that he can go on runs where he looks like one of the best players in the NFL. The interception on Sunday was awesome. But, then he can get in slumps, ala last year where he plays like a #2 CB, and that slump lasted almost the whole year. So the question is, will he ever be consistent enough to warrant the top 3 CB contract he will likely get? I am not sure. Given how he has played lately, I really want to sign him, but his great play is making it even more expensive to retain him, so it is a fine line. Since Ralph tends to be conservative and not gamble, I bet we dont sign him, but instead get another big name guy at a less premium position, ala Eric Stienbach.

Leon Sandcastle
12-19-2006, 02:03 PM
I'd be okay if Wilson shells out some money for Eric Steinbach and in the draft target a CB like Josh Wilson. That's a pretty good tradeoff.

Our run defense is still a problem and I think we are only one player away from becoming a good run stopping team and that player is Alan Branch.

A rotation of Alan Branch, Larry Tripplett, John McCargo and Kyle Williams is a pretty good rotation.

Who else has been impressed with how good Keith Ellison has been playing when called upon? Looking back at the draft Levy really found some steals in Ko Simpson, Terrence Pennington, Keith Ellison, Kyle Williams and Aaron Merz.

Not to mention guys like Ashton Youbouty and Brad Butler who are highly regarded around some circles.

SuperMcGee
12-19-2006, 08:00 PM

well, the dolphins suck

6-8 and 7-7 isn't that big of a difference. You better be glad that we had a QB who isn't worth a **** playing.

Obviously I am glad about that. That is the biggest reason that you suck. Regardless, we swept you and still have a glimpse of optimism for this season, so if you could, please beat the Jets.

Rob S
12-20-2006, 04:58 AM
How is the weather report looking up there McGee? Any chance of snow/rain

SuperMcGee
12-20-2006, 02:55 PM

Its looking like it'll be a green Christmas. Gameday should be in the 30s with little to no precipitation. Its been decently windy lately but nothing too effective. Then again, its only Wednesday

DollarBill3181
12-20-2006, 03:55 PM

Its looking like it'll be a green Christmas. Gameday should be in the 30s with little to no precipitation. Its been decently windy lately but nothing too effective. Then again, its only Wednesday

blasphamy.....it always snows on christmas in buffalo

DWhitner20
12-21-2006, 11:11 AM
Anyone on here who lives in Buffalo been to the Nate Clements show before?

Ace
12-22-2006, 03:14 PM

well, the dolphins suck

Obviously I am glad about that. That is the biggest reason that you suck. Regardless, we swept you and still have a glimpse of optimism for this season, so if you could, please beat the Jets.

Don't worry, we will. :)

49ersfan_87
12-22-2006, 03:19 PM
Is this game going to be blacked out once again?

bills_red
12-22-2006, 06:07 PM
Anyone go to the buffalobills.com board?

rocco31fb
12-22-2006, 08:25 PM

Yes.... :x :cry:

Space Ghost
12-22-2006, 09:29 PM

Yes.... :x :cry:

4 in a row, won't matter because I will be in Buffalo for the game.

SuperMcGee
12-22-2006, 11:08 PM
I'd be at the game if Christmas didn't leave me broke

At least I'll have presents and Murphy calling a victory to cheer me up

Space Ghost
12-23-2006, 09:42 AM
Oh don't worry we will beat that punk from Texas' ass silly and we wont throw 34 times and allow 3 defensive touchdowns. Chalk up the win.

12-23-2006, 09:43 AM
Oh don't worry we will beat that punk from Texas' ass silly and we wont throw 34 times and allow 3 defensive touchdowns. Chalk up the win.

Good luck with that. :roll:

DWhitner20
12-23-2006, 10:43 AM

<FLABillsFan

Good to see you here red. :D

Space Ghost
12-23-2006, 12:48 PM

We don't need luck :twisted:

Rob S
12-23-2006, 10:47 PM

used to be a regular, and big poster, but it went to hell after the renovation..........

12-23-2006, 10:52 PM

You're right, you need actual talent.

DWhitner20
12-23-2006, 11:28 PM

coming from a Cards fan....

12-23-2006, 11:28 PM
You realize the Cardinals have some of the best raw talent in the league right?

49ersfan_87
12-23-2006, 11:34 PM

Yeah, but what good does having all that talent done for you? Didnt mean to start an arguement but i always feel that talent is meaningless without good coaching. You guys will be good with a real coach however.

Anyways i wish i could see the bills game. I really like lee evans, hes a stud. JP is coming along too. Should be quite the duo.

SuperMcGee
12-23-2006, 11:40 PM

What's with you? Why are you saying that we have no chance when we're playing great right now and have won 4 of 5, are at home, and are favored by 4.5? Why are you saying we have no talent when Losman and Evans have looked great, guys like Royal and Reed are stepping up to help them out, McGahhe is still considered amazing around the league, the line is uncountable amounts better, and our pass D has been outstanding? We're on the rise and have had great coaching, so do you just feel like being an ass for no reason or are you just plain stupid?

12-24-2006, 12:23 AM

What's with you? Why are you saying that we have no chance when we're playing great right now and have won 4 of 5, are at home, and are favored by 4.5? Why are you saying we have no talent when Losman and Evans have looked great, guys like Royal and Reed are stepping up to help them out, McGahhe is still considered amazing around the league, the line is uncountable amounts better, and our pass D has been outstanding? We're on the rise and have had great coaching, so do you just feel like being an ass for no reason or are you just plain stupid?

I'm not being an ass. I never said the Bills were bad, the last post was a joke. I was originally responding to a post saying you would push around and dominate Vince Young. Your Run D is not very good at all and few teams have been able to stop him on the ground. I just don't see you being able to do it.

DWhitner20
12-24-2006, 10:55 AM

I realize this, but they don't and them not being able to win shows putting you in no position to talk down upon a team better than yours.

Rob S
12-24-2006, 03:17 PM
If Lindell didnt go to Juaron and say that "there is no way i can make this", I am going to be royally pissed at Juaron.

Space Ghost
12-24-2006, 04:05 PM

I'm not being an ass. I never said the Bills were bad, the last post was a joke. I was originally responding to a post saying you would push around and dominate Vince Young. Your Run D is not very good at all and few teams have been able to stop him on the ground. I just don't see you being able to do it.

I am pretty sure that the first 4 posts were jokes, I hope cause my half were.

Well, I am kind of wondering why the **** we went for it on fourth ******* down, ****. Dick Jauron is an idiot if Lindell said he couldn't make that ****. I am pretty piiiiiiiiiiiised. Not a bad game though. If I were a neutral fan and not a crazy Bills fan, I think that that game probably would have been a lot better.