PDA

View Full Version : Andre Woodson

GiantRutgersFan
05-08-2007, 12:17 AM
I think its about time i knock this bandwagon off of its tracks. the guy isnt that good.

His team was considering replacing him last pre-season....

He has had one good year and thats about it. He has good arm strength, so maybe he will get overrated for that characteristic, but thats about all you can hope for.

He's the 3rd QB taken in best case scenario. he's likely a 3-5 rounder

Paranoidmoonduck
05-08-2007, 12:28 AM
He's got as much or more physical talent as Brohm, Brennan, Henne, or Ryan. He's got more production than anyone save for Brennan, and did so against better and more pro-like defenses. He had skill players on Kentucky, but they were far from the most talented team, and he had a statistical year comparable to JaMarcus Russell.

So he's a very talented quarterback with a big arm coming out of the SEC who had a huge junior year and is looking to repeat that success? Sounds like a prime option to become an elite quarterback prospect. Not saying he will, but he's got way more momentum going for him than anyone else in college football at his position.

fenikz
05-08-2007, 12:29 AM
all right, you can have your opinion, not convincing me though and probably anyone else

ok which QB would you rather have? Brohmn or Woodson?

Yards % TD INT
A) 3049 63.6 16 5
B) 3515 63.0 31 7

if sure you can guess who is who

sweetness34
05-08-2007, 12:32 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!

Oh my god. You're kidding me right? Woodson has a big arm, he's very mobile, he had a great bowl performance, he's got solid accuracy right now which will only improve, good size...He's a 1st Rounder unless something happens to him.

GiantRutgersFan
05-08-2007, 12:53 AM
all right, you can have your opinion, not convincing me though and probably anyone else

Yards % TD INT
A) 3049 63.6 16 5
B) 3515 63.0 31 7

A) Brohm
B) Woodson

Woodson just isnt going to be a good pro QB and hasnt even proven himself in the college ranks.

If he had a season comparable to Russell, why was there absolutely zero talk of him coming out after his junior year like Russell did?

Stats wise, yea, but not talent wise.

like i said, at best Woodson is a Jason Campbell type of prospect (3rd QB taken in late first round). But he probably will be a 3rd or 4th rounder imo.

Caddy
05-08-2007, 01:11 AM
Until he follows up on his junior season, I am a little skeptical to guarantee his place in the first round yet.

ElectricEye
05-08-2007, 01:20 AM
Your wrong. I don't know a better way of putting it. Your just wrong. And I don't think you know the first thing about Woodson, even if you claim otherwise.
First of all, Woodson is probably the most physically talented quarterback in the draft. Arm strength, size, mobility...he has it all talent wise. So saying he isn't talented just isn't true. What more would you like? He completed 63% of his passes as well. So accuracy is there. Secondly, as for him not proving himself in the college ranks...he plays for Kentucky. I'm not sure how much football you actually watch, but the Wildcats aren't very close to playing in a big time bowl anytime soon. Yet they still won 8 games, and most of that can be attributed to Woodson. That includes a win against a big time school in Georgia. He's more than proved himself to be a legit 1st round prospect.
Now, onto you saying he has only had 1 good year. That's true. No way around that...but it was his Junior year. He didn't start his freshmen year...so that argument is void. As for his sophomore year..I challenge you to find me a sophomore quarterback who would have done much better with Kentucky in 2005. Furthermore, he only attempted 250 passes that year. That total is the lowest out of any quarterback in the SEC that attempted the majority of passes on their team.
[/quote]
If he had a season comparable to Russell, why was there absolutely zero talk of him coming out after his junior year like Russell did?[/quote]
One of the least intelligent things I've read on here, and I have a jetsfuture quote in my signature.
Yeah, why didn't he come out his junior year? I wonder? Well, why didn't Patrick Willis, LaRon Landry, Gaines Adams, Amobi Okoye, Levi Brown, or Adam Carriker come out after their Junior years? All went in the top 15, and none of them would have been that high in the 2006 draft. By your logic, they are 3rd and 4th round talent. Really stupid.

SuperKevin
05-08-2007, 01:33 AM
I'm sure a lot of people said the same things about JaMarcus Russell prior to this season as well so you really can't make this argument

simms2clayton
05-08-2007, 01:45 AM
Allright, I have known Dre' since I have been a freshmen in high school and he was a junior so no one knows the kid better than me.

First of all, he didn't have the coaching or come from the kind of high school football programs most D1 QBs come from. He needed to take a while to develop and I knew this would happen.

Okay, to make it short...Dre is the most talented QB in the country. His best quality by far that no one knows is how much touch he puts on the football. It is absolutely beautiful how tight a spiral he throws and I have never seen a better one.

One thing you all think you know but are wrong on is his mobility. He is not a mobile QB at all. I think he has potential there because his decision making last year got so much quicker/better and I think he will improve on that next season. He will run a 4.7-4.8 at the combine...but he has a frame in which I think he could really bulk into in the NFL.

I think Andre needs to improve on his accuracy, a few games at Commonwealth I noticed he throws a few passes that are off the mark, but I think that will come with more experience.

Andre will get the Jay Cutler talk from scouts...meaning he played on a team with not that much talent at all (besides WR, RB, and TE) and was usually put into positions when his team had to throw the ball because UK was behind so much cuz of their bad defense. If UK gets a running game next season then he will really shine because teams have to put 7 in the box consistently and respect the play action.

When all is said and done Andre will be the first QB taken and will be a top 10 pick next season. When you put on the tape it is just too obvious that he is the most talented QB in the country.

simms2clayton
05-08-2007, 01:48 AM
Yeah, why didn't he come out his junior year? I wonder? Well, why didn't Patrick Willis, LaRon Landry, Gaines Adams, Amobi Okoye, Levi Brown, or Adam Carriker come out after their Junior years? All went in the top 15, and none of them would have been that high in the 2006 draft. By your logic, they are 3rd and 4th round talent. Really stupid.

Andre told me the reason he didn't come out was because he and his mom agreed that he wanted to get his degree and have something to fall back on in case football didn't work out for him.

Brohm is going to regret not coming out though imo when he is the 3rd/4th QB chosen next season. (Behind Woodson, Henne, Brennan, and/or Matt Ryan)

iloxygenil
05-08-2007, 01:52 AM
Your grammar is terrible and for that you're wrong. =/ Sorry but that's a pet peeve of mine...make sure you know what word you are using before you type it. "Your wrong" indicates that the wrong belongs to him, however you were trying to say that "You're wrong" a.k.a. you are wrong...it's okay I'll just put this back over their where it belongs. That whey they don't get upset that I was using there things...

simms2clayton
05-08-2007, 01:58 AM
Your grammar is terrible and for that you're wrong. =/ Sorry but that's a pet peeve of mine...make sure you know what word you are using before you type it. "Your wrong" indicates that the wrong belongs to him, however you were trying to say that "You're wrong" a.k.a. you are wrong...it's okay I'll just put this back over their where it belongs. That whey they don't get upset that I was using there things...

WTF is this 10th grade english? My bad, i type fast so i don't have time to edit this **** before it gets published.

nobodyinparticular
05-08-2007, 02:06 AM
I will be the first to admit that I haven't seen a whole lot of Andre Woodson, but in the little I have seen, the guy reminds me of McNair coming out of college. Similar skillset (again, I haven't seen a lot) and a bit raw due to coming from a school not known for churning out NFL studs, but still very good production.

Yeah, playing is the SWAC is much different than the SEC (like a Toyota Tacoma is different from a Mack truck) but I could see Woodson needing more seasoning than most raw QBs in the same way that McNair took 3 years before becoming the fulltime starter.

nemesis3394
05-08-2007, 02:13 AM
ive seen a gew clips of woodson and i have to say that hes got a pretty good skillset on the same mend as jamarcus russel but with almost every team having a pretty decent/franchise quarterback at the helm i think that he could slip come draft day next year

nobodyinparticular
05-08-2007, 02:19 AM
ive seen a gew clips of woodson and i have to say that hes got a pretty good skillset on the same mend as jamarcus russel but with almost every team having a pretty decent/franchise quarterback at the helm i think that he could slip come draft day next year

It's pretty safe to assume that at least 1 or 2 teams in the top 5-10 will be looking for a QB. Mainly because them picking there would imply their QB failed.

fenikz
05-08-2007, 02:20 AM
there are a few teams who could be looking for QB's next year

Jags, Chiefs, Seahawks, Bucs, Saints, Vikings, Bears, Cowboys, & Redskins

cant really say anything though until the season is over

bored of education
05-08-2007, 07:16 AM
KC already has Brodie Croyle, Damon Huard, Omar Jacobs (who is alot like Dre, but Dre is a bit bigger I think) and Herm Edwards

Caddy
05-08-2007, 07:28 AM

If you think the Saints are going to be in need of a QB then something is wrong. Sure, throw out the 'injury' argument. But any QB can have an injury so that argument is void.

draftguru151
05-08-2007, 07:39 AM
KC already has Brodie Croyle, Damon Huard, Omar Jacobs (who is alot like Dre, but Dre is a bit bigger I think) and Herm Edwards

Omar Jacobs is not like Woodson, he is terrible. And if Croyle doesn't show something this year and they are picking in the top 5 I'm sure they'd consider a QB.

ccB
05-08-2007, 07:44 AM
Hes going to be a top 5 pick when all is said and done.

gobucks
05-08-2007, 08:03 AM
Andre told me the reason he didn't come out was because he and his mom agreed that he wanted to get his degree and have something to fall back on in case football didn't work out for him.

Football players who bother getting degrees are just scared that their football skills aren't up to snuff. Teams will be extremely suspicious at next year's combine if he actually graduates.

But seriously, LSU fans wanted to replace Russell after the end of his sophomore season which clearly didn't stop him from going #1 overall. Woodson has all the physical talent you could ask for and has proven he can be successful in college. I would expect he will have to repeat his success to be a #1 pick, but he has as good a chance as most.

constant cough
05-08-2007, 08:13 AM
I think its about time i knock this bandwagon off of its tracks. the guy isnt that good.

His team was considering replacing him last pre-season....

He has had one good year and thats about it. He has good arm strength, so maybe he will get overrated for that characteristic, but thats about all you can hope for.

Sounds like the exact same things they were saying about Russell last year. Next we'll hear how Woodson is fat, lazy and dumb.

fenikz
05-08-2007, 10:27 AM
i dont think any one will call him fat, he is like 6'5 230, basically ideal Pro QB size

and the reason i put the saints is because Brees needs a quality back up QB(thats if dre falls to the late 1st)

Acreboy
05-08-2007, 10:31 AM

Brohm is going to regret not coming out though imo when he is the 3rd/4th QB chosen next season. (Behind Woodson, Henne, Brennan, and/or Matt Ryan)Brohm is by far the best QB coming into this season and will prove why by the end of the season.

And i'll kill myself if Colt Brennan the ultimate system QB gets drafted before Brohm.

I thought the Steelers drafted Jacobs?

JT Jag
05-08-2007, 10:37 AM
It's nice knowing that the 2008 Draft is next week and the value of players will not fluctuate at all from now to then.

Bengals1690
05-08-2007, 10:37 AM
i dont know much about him, I only saw him play once vs Tennessee, and he impressed me. but id take brohm over him, as of now.

Nightmares Win 6-0
05-08-2007, 10:45 AM
omar jacobs 2.0

Sniper
05-08-2007, 10:49 AM
GinatRutgersFan, how many drugs do you do before you post on here? First off, you're calling Eli Mr. Clutch, now you're saying because Woodson didn't come out after junior year he's not good? I could have sworn some players go to college for these things called degrees, but that's just me.

PalmerToCJ
05-08-2007, 11:28 AM
omar jacobs 2.0

Woodson is putting up big numbers in the SEC and Jacobs put up big numbers in the MAC. Not sure where you're going with that one.

They are both QB's, you got that part right.

GiantRutgersFan
05-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Andre woodson cant run at all.... idk where you people even get that from. just cause he's black probably.

Woodson is immobile as all hell and constantly gets sacked. He also fumbles a lot as well

P-L
05-08-2007, 11:44 AM
Woodson isn't a running QB, but he is a mobile QB. You can't just look at the times he was sacked and assume he was immobile. You do realize he had an awful OL last year? Many mobile QB get sacked a lot, but it has a lot to do with their OL.

PalmerToCJ
05-08-2007, 11:46 AM
Andre woodson cant run at all.... idk where you people even get that from. just cause he's black probably.

Woodson is immobile as all hell and constantly gets sacked. He also fumbles a lot as well

A. UK is no football powerhouse, the Oline is nothing to write home about.
B. He's playing in the SEC. SEC defenses >>>> Big East defenses.

fenikz
05-08-2007, 11:49 AM
and he did run a 4.6 so it not as if he is really slow

Paranoidmoonduck
05-08-2007, 11:51 AM
Whenever I've watched Woodson, he's always called Alex Smith to mind. He's an inch taller (according to his school) and a little bigger, but they have the same arm motion and build.

-black
05-08-2007, 12:01 PM
Omar Jacobs was an amazing prospect that left too early....

Paranoidmoonduck
05-08-2007, 12:18 PM

His stock was really hurt by the fact that he wasn't the first Bowling Green QB to put up huge numbers, he was just the best. Woodson is running a way more legitimate offense.

-black
05-08-2007, 12:30 PM
well, its not as if Kentucky's offense can not be considered a "system" offense itself.

critesy
05-08-2007, 01:20 PM

redskins, come on now...

SeanTaylorRIP
05-08-2007, 02:04 PM
Andre Woodson will be the #1 pick next year, mark it down right now. Brohm will take a Quinn type fall, not out of the top 10 like Quinn but when you start at the top you are bound to fall as people find weaknesses in you. I was a strong supporter of Woodson leaving for the draft this year because of his age, and had him pegged to the Ravens at 29.

Sportsfan486
05-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Andre Woodson will be the #1 pick next year, mark it down right now. Brohm will take a Quinn type fall, not out of the top 10 like Quinn but when you start at the top you are bound to fall as people find weaknesses in you. I was a strong supporter of Woodson leaving for the draft this year because of his age, and had him pegged to the Ravens at 29.

People have a lot of concerns about Brohm already so I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up being a late 1st guy.

High-powered offense, lack of arm strength, lacking mobility, durability concerns.

Woodson has the opportunity.

yourfavestoner
05-08-2007, 02:36 PM
GinatRutgersFan, how many drugs do you do before you post on here? First off, you're calling Eli Mr. Clutch, now you're saying because Woodson didn't come out after junior year he's not good? I could have sworn some players go to college for these things called degrees, but that's just me.

Hey now. I do lots of drugs before I post on here, and I don't post stupid **** like GRF.

He's just an idiot. Plain and simple. He needs to be ignored.

Xonraider
05-08-2007, 02:38 PM

I don't think he'll be the first pick, but I'll mark down your words.

-black
05-08-2007, 02:40 PM
People have a lot of concerns about Brohm already so I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up being a late 1st guy.

High-powered offense, lack of arm strength, lacking mobility, durability concerns.

Woodson has the opportunity.

lol........

Addict
05-08-2007, 02:48 PM
Hey now. I do lots of drugs before I post on here, and I don't post stupid **** like GRF.

He's just an idiot. Plain and simple. He needs to be ignored.

THIS IS NOT YOU TALKING THESE ARE THE *DRUGS* TALKING!!!
THIS IS A CHANGING MOMENT IN YOUR LIFE!!!!

http://www.kingworld.com/assets/program/sub_image_phil.jpg

sorry, could not control myself.

draftguru151
05-08-2007, 02:54 PM

Is that why he was cut before the season started? Lets see, had a terrible throwing motion, good accuracy but nothing amazing, below average arm strength, not special athleticism. Seems like an amazing prospect to me. Oh yea, he was also cut because he couldn't learn the offense, but I can see how that is an amazing prospect.

HuskerNation
05-08-2007, 03:18 PM

Yards % TD INT
A) 3049 63.6 16 5
B) 3515 63.0 31 7

I'd rather have Brohm cause stats don't mean sh*t.

bored of education
05-08-2007, 03:22 PM
Is that the only reason why you'd pick brohm?

HuskerNation
05-08-2007, 04:07 PM
No, because he's more polished, and is just a better all around prospect.

fenikz
05-08-2007, 04:18 PM
in what way is he a better prospect?

HuskerNation
05-08-2007, 04:33 PM
He's had success over his entire career, not just a one year wonder. He's a leader, he's a winner, he has great pocket presence, he's been coached by his older brother and father, and groomed as a QB prodigy since he could walk. He works extremely hard studying film, and correcting his problems. He's been a more accurate passer throughout his career, and has more than enough arm strength to succeed.

San Diego Chicken
05-08-2007, 04:45 PM
I think people are trying to get a jump on the next Jamarcus Russell type prospect for 08, and Woodson fits the "profile" even though he doesn't have amazing gifts like Russell does. My personal opinion is that in the same conference, Erik Ainge is a better prospect, because he's less of a system QB, has prototype size, was coached by a reputable QB guru into the NFL, and is very good at hitting targets downfield. Between the two of them I don't know who has the better arm, but I've never heard of Woodson having an amazing Russell-like arm, and I think I would have heard about it if he did. I'll have to watch more of Woodson, I've only watched a handful of Kentucky games last year, but I think people need to not get overexcited about stats and realize how the Rich Brooks system benefits college QB's.

Achilles33
05-08-2007, 04:57 PM
Better than Eli Manning, thats for sure.

Paranoidmoonduck
05-08-2007, 05:21 PM
well, its not as if Kentucky's offense can not be considered a "system" offense itself.

Now, I don't claim to get a lot of Kentucky games, but their offense never struck me as any more of a gimmick than, say, LSU's offense or Tennessee's offense.

Paranoidmoonduck
05-08-2007, 05:30 PM
I think people are trying to get a jump on the next Jamarcus Russell type prospect for 08, and Woodson fits the "profile" even though he doesn't have amazing gifts like Russell does. My personal opinion is that in the same conference, Erik Ainge is a better prospect, because he's less of a system QB, has prototype size, was coached by a reputable QB guru into the NFL, and is very good at hitting targets downfield. Between the two of them I don't know who has the better arm, but I've never heard of Woodson having an amazing Russell-like arm, and I think I would have heard about it if he did. I'll have to watch more of Woodson, I've only watched a handful of Kentucky games last year, but I think people need to not get overexcited about stats and realize how the Rich Brooks system benefits college QB's.

I agree with your first point, but it needs to extend further back. Almost every single year in recent memory there is a quarterback who leaps from media obscurity to top draft pick, and I don't think a single one fits the bill better than Woodson at this point.

I also like what I've seen from him a lot more than what I saw from Ainge last year. Woodson is just as big as Ainge, displayed better mobility and feet in the pocket, seems to throw a more consistent ball, and his deep ball, while not awe-inspiring like Russell's, is very consistently accurate and very rarely has any wobble to it.

If you're going to knock Woodson for playing under Rich Brooks, I think you'd have to knock Ainge for being a total suckfest until Cutcliffe came into town. Not to say that Woodson is playing in a legit pro offense, but I think that with another strong year he's at least on par with someone like a Alex Smith (if not moreso).

San Diego Chicken
05-08-2007, 05:47 PM
I agree with your first point, but it needs to extend further back. Almost every single year in recent memory there is a quarterback who leaps from media obscurity to top draft pick, and I don't think a single one fits the bill better than Woodson at this point.

I also like what I've seen from him a lot more than what I saw from Ainge last year. Woodson is just as big as Ainge, displayed better mobility and feet in the pocket, seems to throw a more consistent ball, and his deep ball, while not awe-inspiring like Russell's, is very consistently accurate and very rarely has any wobble to it.

If you're going to knock Woodson for playing under Rich Brooks, I think you'd have to knock Ainge for being a total suckfest until Cutcliffe came into town. Not to say that Woodson is playing in a legit pro offense, but I think that with another strong year he's at least on par with someone like a Alex Smith (if not moreso).

It'll be interesting to see it all play out to say the least. Even though some seem to believe that the QB class is down next year, Brohm, Woodson, Ainge, Booty, and Henne all have first round potental and above average physical skills. Brennan will be debated but looks like a solid day one guy, and then someone I haven't named could emerge, probably as a junior.

-black
05-08-2007, 07:18 PM
Is that why he was cut before the season started? Lets see, had a terrible throwing motion, good accuracy but nothing amazing, below average arm strength, not special athleticism. Seems like an amazing prospect to me. Oh yea, he was also cut because he couldn't learn the offense, but I can see how that is an amazing prospect.

below average arm strength? where do you get this stuff? and there are plenty of amazing talents/prospects that do not succeed or make it in the NFL. Adrian McPhearson is phsically more talented than half of the NFL's starting QB's. Jacobs was not Vick, but he had more than good mobility and athleticism. I dont care who you are, 71 touchdowns and 11 INT's is impressive. Great size, VERY GOOD (still dont know where you get below average) arm strength, but his mechanics could have used work (as does most QB's from a Mid Major). He had the tools to be the total package, as does plenty of bust prospects (would you like me to name other "amazing talents/prospects" that are no longer in the NFL?). lol @ learning the offense having to do anything with his talents.

He was a strong QB like a Daunte Cullpepper/McNair and if he would have stayed a year longer to compensate for his still developing game, he would have been much more prepared for the NFL game.....Jacobs suffered because he left school early (when he was not ready)....

PalmerToCJ
05-08-2007, 09:01 PM
How is Woodson all of the sudden a system QB?

Is it because almost 10 years ago Couch got drafted and failed after going to UK under Hal Mumme? Mumme and his Air Raid offense are long gone...

simms2clayton
05-08-2007, 09:32 PM
Lol at Andre being a "system QB" this is hilairious.

First of all, Rich Brooks doesn't really have much (or any say) in the design of the offense.

It is a pro style offense by OC Joker Phillips. We have used a little bit of shotgun because our OL sucks.

The reason Dre's stats are so great is because UK has NO running game...their OL is very very small and not very strong and so Phillips can't pound it in the running game with Rafael Little and Tony Dixon as much as he wants.

The only way UK can really get their offense going last year was through the passing game.

The offense would use the running game a lot more if it had an OL that could make some holes and push the DL back...hence UK signing about 7 OL in their recruiting class.

-black
05-08-2007, 09:40 PM
Woodson is not a system QB.....just like Brohm is not a system QB. They are two very good QB's and should be analyzed from there....not excluding and making it seem like their scheme makes them who they are. But the system they play in does pass alot....well Kentucky passes more than Louisville.

Brohm averaged 31 passes a game, and the team averaged 41 rushes

Woodson averaged 35 passes a game, and the team averaged 34 rushes

I find it a bit unfair to say Brohm is a system QB and then say Woodson is not...or whatever mumbo jombo propaganda some are trying to feed

Sportsfan486
05-08-2007, 09:47 PM
Woodson is not a system QB.....just like Brohm is not a system QB. But the system they play in does pass alot....well Kentucky passes more than Louisville.

Brohm averaged 31 passes a game, and the team averaged 41 rushes

Woodson averaged 35 passes a game, and the team averaged 34 rushes

I find it a bit unfair to say Brohm is a system QB and then say Woodson is not...or whatever mumbo jombo propaganda some are trying to feed

I really haven't seen Kentucky play so I can't comment there.. but the Louisville offense is very friendly to Brohm's strenths.
It's a lot of short-intermediate, high percentage routes with very little in the way of down-field action. Plus he has very good receivers that are usually open and teams have to stack the box against them.

I think Brohm is a very accurate and composed QB but I worry about his ability to make all throws with velocity. Plus he's really a sitting duck.

doingthisinsteadofwork
05-08-2007, 09:48 PM
Can we please take his thread making abilities away.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
05-08-2007, 09:49 PM
I'll just start the pointless arguments right now. Plain and simple, Woodson is dumb, not a good leader, as opposed to Brohm who is the epitome of intelligence and a better leader than Julius Caesar ever could have dreamed. All Woodson is is a big arm and a big body, he'll be a bust like Boller, Jeff George and Ryan Leaf.

Seriously though, I'm not impressed with any of the "mainstream" QBs for next year, and don't see them as top-10 caliber can't miss QBs. I see Woodson becoming one, though.

-black
05-08-2007, 09:56 PM
lol whats wrong with a system being friendly to a players strengths? so its suppose to be unfriendly to him? It works, so thats why its a great system. That does NOT mean thet Brohm isnt capable of playing anywhere else. And how do they not go deep? in every game Brohm played in he completed a pass for more than 40 yards (except against Kentucky, the long was for 38....long for the season was 75)

they are a run, pass, pass, play action long type of offense. Dont agree about the sittind duck comment either, he actually is pretty decent mobility wise for a pocket type QB. More mobile than Peyton Manning and Tom Brady....:). I dont think he has a CANNON arm, but he has a good enough arm. Its his intagibles that I am impressed with.

I'd be much more worried about how Woodson is going to respond this season than Brohm....but I think the developement of the QB situation will be interesting...especially on this site during the Ken/Lou game

Sportsfan486
05-08-2007, 10:18 PM
lol whats wrong with a system being friendly to a players strengths? so its suppose to be unfriendly to him? It works, so thats why its a great system. That does NOT mean thet Brohm isnt capable of playing anywhere else.

Nothing at all, obviously, but it raises questions if things they DON'T do are things he CAN'T do.

That's the problem with so-called "system QBs," that they aren't making realistic NFL throws play-in and play-out.. so you wonder if they can make them at all.

Brohm isn't mobile but that may or may not be a problem at the next level, depends what sort of line he gets. Teams that give the QB unpressured time to throw don't need a guy that can move from the rush.

Oh, and I never said he couldn't throw deep.. any QB on a decent team can make any throw under 50 yards but accuracy and velocity on those throws is what gets you into the NFL.

Brohm is, imo, a strong QB prospect but not ELITE.

-black
05-08-2007, 10:21 PM
Nothing at all, obviously, but it raises questions if things they DON'T do are things he CAN'T do.

That's the problem with so-called "system QBs," that they aren't making realistic NFL throws play-in and play-out.. so you wonder if they can make them at all.
Brohm isn't mobile but that may or may not be a problem at the next level, depends what sort of line he gets. Teams that give the QB unpressured time to throw don't need a guy that can move from the rush.

Oh, and I never said he couldn't throw deep.. any QB on a decent team can make any throw under 50 yards but accuracy and velocity on those throws is what gets you into the NFL.

Brohm is, imo, a strong QB prospect but not ELITE.

and after watching him play the past three years...those questions have been answered for me. Cant see how someone who have watched him play has not seen him make the neccesary throws needed for the NFL.

Addict
05-09-2007, 08:26 AM
He's had success over his entire career, not just a one year wonder. He's a leader, he's a winner, he has great pocket presence, he's been coached by his older brother and father, and groomed as a QB prodigy since he could walk. He works extremely hard studying film, and correcting his problems. He's been a more accurate passer throughout his career, and has more than enough arm strength to succeed.

Well the great thing is, Brohm is gonna get the Leinart/Quinn treatment. Which means he'll be nit-picked and studied all year long and by the end of the year everyone will have found so many little flaws in his game that he'll drop to the mid-teens (assuming he doens't fall like Quinn) and everyone is raving about some other kid (maybe Woodson) who avoided the scrutony.

Just wait for it, it's bound to happen. It happens every year.

VYTitans
05-09-2007, 08:56 AM
Now if we are going by stats lets take a look at this. Now tell me who you would rather have.

Yds/Completion/TDs/INTs
A) 6751yds-66.3%-41-12
B) 5651yds-61.1%-39-14

I mean it's not like I don't like Woodson I think he's a good quarterback, but I just don't see him going #1 overall unless Brohm has a terrible year and Woodson just explodes.

constant cough
05-09-2007, 10:34 AM
A. UK is no football powerhouse, the Oline is nothing to write home about.
B. He's playing in the SEC. SEC defenses >>>> Big East defenses.

Word. Let's see if Brohm can actually beat Rutgers this year before we crown him.

I don't see this as Quinn/Russell debate cause in this case it's Brohm who is on the top 10 team surrounded by talent and Woodson who is on...well let's just say Kentucky isn't exactally an SEC powerhouse.

-black
05-09-2007, 11:47 AM
when will you people learn to judge players from their attributes, tangibles, and intagibles and not for what team they play for (or conference they played in). David Green was one of the best QB's ever in the mighty SEC. All that means was he could handle pressure very well against good competition. Although one great attribute, its only ONE measuring stick. No matter what Brohm does this season, he will be nitpicked on......guess it should be expected tho

Profound
05-09-2007, 12:03 PM
Brohm will be under the magnifying glass this year and will probably lose to both WVU and Rutgers so by draft time he probably will not be one of the picks invited to New York.

I haven't taken enough time to look at Woodson to put in accurate imput there, but I look forward to keeping an eye on him this coming season... I don't imagine he'll have an impressive year record wise, so I'm curious as to what that will do with his draft status.

-black
05-09-2007, 12:20 PM
the Louisville team is easily more talented than WVU and Rutgers. I believe Rutgers will be the 4th best team in the Big East and will be brought back to reality, maybe a 8 win type season. They are on the move, but still dont have the guns to go to war consistently with the big powers. I doubt Rutgers will win @ Louisville (when was the last time they lost at home?). The WVU game will be fun. Louisville has a better chance to lose @ South Florida (like in 05) and @ Kentucky then losing to WVU and Rutgers.

05-09-2007, 03:52 PM
Both these guys are gonna get scrutinized to hell. Every QB does, no matter what anyone tells you. No team will invest a top-5 pick in a QB without going over EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING. So both these guys will get equal treatment from the scouts. Guaranteed.

-black
05-09-2007, 04:22 PM
from the scouts...yes....from fans on message boards? no

Phrost
05-09-2007, 04:49 PM
Can someone just posts his measurables and his pros and cons?

Acreboy
05-09-2007, 05:00 PM
Better than Eli Manning, thats for sure.I think so. He looks to have better leadership skills which I hold almost more important than athleticism or other intangibles.

I'm just not sold on him as a 1st round QB.

I still have Booty and Henne ahead of him.

Can someone just posts his measurables and his pros and cons?That's asking for a scouting report.

Who else other than Scott can really do a good job of that?

-black
05-09-2007, 05:04 PM
I think so. He looks to have better leadership skills which I hold almost more important than athleticism or other intangibles.

I'm just not sold on him as a 1st round QB.

I still have Booty and Henne ahead of him.

That's asking for a scouting report.

if you like this format of scouting reports

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3266

then you'll my report on him and every other top 08 prospect. Been working on it the past few weeks and should have it done and released by the end of this week

simms2clayton
05-10-2007, 12:38 AM
Can someone just posts his measurables and his pros and cons?

ANDRE' WOODSON
Team: University of Kentucky Wildcats
Position: Quarterback
Number: 3
Year: Redshirt Senior
Birthdate: 4/25/84
Size: 6'5 232
Hometown: Radcliff, KY
High School: North Hardin (gotta rep that Trojan alma mater like myself)

Strengths:
-Outstanding size and can see over LOS with 6'5 height
-Strong arm and can make all the throws...can make throws on the run
-Poised in the pocket...excellent footwork and throwing technique
-Puts outstanding touch on the football
-Throws a very accurate deep ball
-Good at reading defenses and calling audibles at the LOS
-Team leader and plays through pain

Weaknesses:
-Not very mobile
-Never really emerged until his junior season (one year wonder)...or is this a good thing and his best football is still ahead of him
-Never played behind an OL he could really trust and he gets sacked a lot
-Never supported by the running game at UK
-Might hold the ball too long in the pocket
-Slightly inaccurate on short-intermediate passes

Player Comparison: Carson Palmer

My Assessment: Andre has never had a very good OL or been supported by a running game so it is interesting how much better he would have been at a program like a Michigan, Cal, Auburn, etc. I think his best football is still ahead of him and I think when the scouts put on the tape he will surpass Brian Brohm and be the first QB selected in the 2008 NFL Draft.

tdpennstate
05-10-2007, 09:18 AM
Who has the better supporting cast? Brohm does easily. Woodson got it done with a worse supporting cast.

Acreboy
05-10-2007, 11:02 AM
if you like this format of scouting reports

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3266

then you'll my report on him and every other top 08 prospect. Been working on it the past few weeks and should have it done and released by the end of this weekGreatly appreciated man

Profound
05-10-2007, 01:20 PM
the Louisville team is easily more talented than WVU and Rutgers. I believe Rutgers will be the 4th best team in the Big East and will be brought back to reality, maybe a 8 win type season. They are on the move, but still dont have the guns to go to war consistently with the big powers. I doubt Rutgers will win @ Louisville (when was the last time they lost at home?). The WVU game will be fun. Louisville has a better chance to lose @ South Florida (like in 05) and @ Kentucky then losing to WVU and Rutgers.

I really believe that WVU will pull out the win. They won that amazing game two years back and lost this year due to Slaton's freakish injury to his arm, keeping him from being able to hold the ball and thus giving it up twice. I think this year thanks to that bowl game WVU will realize they don't have to rely so much on Slaton, but if Devine plays, Slaton and White are healthy, add another strong year from Schmitt... It seems to me unlikely that Brohm, who just lost both of his backs, will be able to pull out that win. It'll be a great/close game either way and I can't REALLY call it either way.

And then Rutgers should be Rutgers for another year. They some talent, but they still have their talented RB and QB... I didn't even catch the game last year, but how exactly DID Rutgers beat them?

And Kentucky? Does this mean that Brohm and Woodson are getting the side by side comparison this year?

fenikz
05-10-2007, 01:43 PM
right off the bat, game one of the season, if Woodson can lead Kentucky alot of people will start to take notice

-black
05-10-2007, 01:45 PM
and what if he loses and does not have a good game? will the bandwagoners still rep him or will they then call him overated? I really like Woodson as a prospect and a possible future 1st round pick, but some ppl are setting him up for failure

Acreboy
05-10-2007, 02:07 PM
and what if he loses and does not have a good game? will the bandwagoners still rep him or will they then call him overated? I really like Woodson as a prospect and a possible future 1st round pick, but some ppl are setting him up for failureI think Woodson'sa good QB. A little overrated on the board? Yes. I just want him to repeat what he did in the SEC last year before I crown him a top 10 prospect.

He's looking like it though.

I mean this year you have 3 possible 1st round picks with Booty, Henne, and Brohm. Throwing Woodson into that mix makes one scary QB class..

fenikz
05-10-2007, 02:09 PM
is everyone still throwing out Brennan calling him a system guy?

HuskerNation
05-10-2007, 02:41 PM
is everyone still throwing out Brennan calling him a system guy?

You really need to ease off woodson's nuts.

fenikz
05-10-2007, 02:43 PM
...what? that question didn't have anything to do with Woodson

and just to let you know your neg reps don't count for anything

Acreboy
05-10-2007, 02:46 PM
is everyone still throwing out Brennan calling him a system guy?No way you throw 50+ TD's and you're not a system guy.

He plays in the run-n-shoot offense. He's a system guy as of now..

05-10-2007, 02:51 PM
A lot of people seem to be throwing Brohm out, but I think that the following 5 are the ones who at this point, I can see in the first round. Obviously, guys rise, but if I put money on picking 5 guys and whoever got the most right won, I'd take:

Brohm
Brennan
Woodson
Booty
Henne

Obviously, not all of those guys will be 1st rounders, probably maximum 4(probably less), but those are the guys I see with a shot. It's very difficult for me to see Brohm not going in the first, but the rest of the guys might or might not. I think if Brennan repeats last year's success, and bulks up a bit, does well at pro days where they ask him situation specific questions regarding pro-style offenses, he'll be fine. He's got the tools and makes good decisions. He's no Timmy Chang. Booty, well he's a Trojan, but losing his top2 receivers might hurt him. He's probably the 2nd biggest first round lock right now. Henne has been historically inconsistent, but if he improves based on last year, he definitely has a shot at the first round. Woodson is very talented, and by next April I see him as the only real "Can't miss" of the QBs this year, assuming he builds off of last season.

Scotty D
05-10-2007, 04:03 PM
I wish the Lions would have waited on drafting a QB. Theres five guys in next year's draft I like better than Stanton.

Profound
05-10-2007, 04:11 PM
It all depends on this year as to who does what, but most likely Brohm will go first. Brohm was slated to go high this year and even with the scrutiny he won't fall out of the first round just based on how high he is now. At least, to do that he'd have to have a horrid year to drop out of the first round.

The question is really on how high the other QBs draft stock will rise as to where in the first he goes...

But yeah, how many QBs go first round depends on how the iffy starters do this year. It looks possible to have 4 rookies taken 1st round, but highly unlikely.. And that would be a very scary NFL...

CC.SD
05-10-2007, 04:14 PM
I wish the Lions would have waited on drafting a QB. Theres five guys in next year's draft I like better than Stanton.

Stanton's the hometown guy with good enough measurables; that's all Martz will need to whip him into a pro bowler.

I gotta say, GRF has really knocked the Woodson bandwagon off its track.

Scotty D
05-10-2007, 04:22 PM
This years QB class was top heavy. While I think next years doesn't nessecarily have that elite guy there is around 5-6 guys who have 1st-2nd round talent. And thats not even including the couple of guys who will come out of no where.

Acreboy
05-10-2007, 04:25 PM
I wish the Lions would have waited on drafting a QB. Theres five guys in next year's draft I like better than Stanton.And maybe the Lions like Stanton better than those 5 guys?

Scotty D
05-10-2007, 04:25 PM
And maybe the Lions like Stanton better than those 5 guys?

Yeah I'm pretty sure Martz has a man crush on Stanton.

r_nov
05-10-2007, 04:28 PM
quit hatin.. thank you

D-Unit
05-10-2007, 07:26 PM
No way you throw 50+ TD's and you're not a system guy.

He plays in the run-n-shoot offense. He's a system guy as of now..
Does this imply that Brennan can't play in any other system?

Don't you want your QB to be a "system" guy no matter what kind of system you run?

I don't get how Brennan is knocked for this. ...and besides, June Jones has already said Brennan will take a lot more snaps under center this year.

Achilles33
05-10-2007, 07:31 PM

No way. Stanton is the man. He is going to be the best QB from this draft class. And I hate MSU. He will become a great QB. The Lions lucked out.

P-L
05-10-2007, 07:32 PM
From the few Hawaii games I've seen it has appeared to me that Brennan is a legit pro prospect, playing in a non-conventional system. I haven't seen a ton of Brennan, but it looks to me like he has an NFL-caliber arm.

simms2clayton
05-10-2007, 08:05 PM
From the few Hawaii games I've seen it has appeared to me that Brennan is a legit pro prospect, playing in a non-conventional system. I haven't seen a ton of Brennan, but it looks to me like he has an NFL-caliber arm.

I am more concerned about a few things though...

1. Will he have future arm/shoulder problems like someone such as Tim Couch who threw a ton of balls in college and wore out his arm before he had a chance in the NFL?

2. Character concerns at Colorado?

3. Does he have the mental capacity to learn a much more complex offense...but I have this question with a lot of shotgun college QBs.

Phrost
05-11-2007, 02:43 PM
That's asking for a scouting report.

If you have watched him then you know how good he is. His measurables have been posted so nvm bout that.

Acreboy
05-11-2007, 03:16 PM
Does this imply that Brennan can't play in any other system?

Don't you want your QB to be a "system" guy no matter what kind of system you run?

I don't get how Brennan is knocked for this. ...and besides, June Jones has already said Brennan will take a lot more snaps under center this year.
I want my QB to be in a pro style offense. Not a run-n-shoot or shotgun offense.

Dan Brennan be a great QB? Hell yeah, I wish him the best. I am just worried he is strictly a system guy at this point in his career.

-black
05-11-2007, 03:18 PM
LT was conisdered a system RB......

Shiver
05-11-2007, 03:49 PM
LT was conisdered a system RB......

Drew Brees was a system Quarterback..

Addict
05-11-2007, 04:35 PM
No way. Stanton is the man. He is going to be the best QB from this draft class. And I hate MSU. He will become a great QB. The Lions lucked out.

wow. 'Lions', 'luck' and 'draft' in the same phrase without a denial in it. Never thought I'd see the day.

Oh and who the HELL are we all trying to kid? Come next year's draft we'll all be getting boners over Woodson... it's the story of the scrutonized senior vs. the physically gifted junior. God guys, this is the annual QB prospect soap opera... I'll just name you guys a few... freshen up the 'ole memory.
Manning vs. Leaf
Leinart vs. Young
Quinn vs. Russel
(hey I only got into football two years ago, I can't go back further than '06, and the '98 one's a well-known one)

05-11-2007, 04:40 PM
Actually, I think Woodson will be a senior next year.

Acreboy
05-11-2007, 04:59 PM
Drew Brees was a system Quarterback..Point is you see more system guys than actual good prospects.

Addict
05-11-2007, 05:00 PM
Actually, I think Woodson will be a senior next year.

dammit. Then my clever point is ruined!