PDA

View Full Version : Direct Tv sucks

GiantRutgersFan
05-08-2007, 12:40 AM
One of my friends owns a liquour store and is a huge Tampa Bay Bucs fan. anyways, they arent on TV around here for the most part, and he has to work on Sundays until the store closes at 5.

He wants to get NFL sunday ticket in there, like he has at home, to watch the Bucs. But they charge $2000 a year for Sunday ticket on direct TV for any business because they think they will profit off of it.

Its ridiculous. I mean I can see if its a bar or restaurant something cause people might go there to watch the game, but for a plain old liqiour store its ******** since they cant profit off of it, it should cost as much as for a regular person.

And he cant really have work instead of him. He has one employee (who just stocks shelves and whatnot 1 day a week) besides his dad (who works tuesday nights and all day Friday, and is a Giants season ticket holder lol).

I really feel for the guy. Not being able to see the G-Men would be torture. He can see the Giants/Jets games on regular TV, but not his favorite team. sucks for him right

slightlyaraiderfan
05-08-2007, 12:43 AM
I love these daily GRF rants, keep em coming.

GiantRutgersFan
05-08-2007, 12:48 AM
I love these daily GRF rants, keep em coming.

not a rant, its an emotional story for any football fan

word

bearsfan_51
05-08-2007, 12:50 AM
Are you a robot?

slightlyaraiderfan
05-08-2007, 12:52 AM
not a rant, its an emotional story for any football fan

word
Fine, I like your emotional stories.

word

(btw, I liked it when you ended your post with "GRF out!")

Bigbadbob72
05-08-2007, 02:15 AM
do u ever stop?

tEk
05-08-2007, 02:37 AM
Fine, I like your emotional stories.

word

(btw, I liked it when you ended your post with "GRF out!")i was also a fan of GRF out! but now i must deal with this "word" jibberish.

Caddy
05-08-2007, 02:42 AM
Yewww!!! Tampa Bay Buc fan :confused:

diabsoule
05-08-2007, 02:52 AM
OMG!!! Best GRF post ever!!!

+++++++++rep!!!!!!!!!1!!!!1!!

Beans
05-08-2007, 07:06 AM
That's just how it is, being a Bucs fan in Jersey.

Jay
05-08-2007, 07:38 AM
Your friend is full of crap. I do commercial sales for DirectTV and package stores fall under our Business Viewing Package, and the NFL Sunday Ticket package is $399 for the entire season pass under that plan. The NFL Sunday Ticket does not cost over $2000 until you have a restaurent/bar with an occupancy in the 101-200 range, but we can drop people three tier levels (though the NFL is stricter about it), so there is a good chance someone paying that much would be in the 501-750 occupancy level.

If your friend wants to get set up with DirectTV and get the right package, PM me and I will give you my email address and I'll take care of it. But the Sunday ticket for his business would only cost $399. Whatever else he was told is 100% inaccurate.

yourfavestoner
05-08-2007, 10:23 AM
Your friend is full of crap. I do commercial sales for DirectTV and package stores fall under our Business Viewing Package, and the NFL Sunday Ticket package is $399 for the entire season pass under that plan. The NFL Sunday Ticket does not cost over $2000 until you have a restaurent/bar with an occupancy in the 101-200 range, but we can drop people three tier levels (though the NFL is stricter about it), so there is a good chance someone paying that much would be in the 501-750 occupancy level.

If your friend wants to get set up with DirectTV and get the right package, PM me and I will give you my email address and I'll take care of it. But the Sunday ticket for his business would only cost $399. Whatever else he was told is 100% inaccurate.

Jay, it's not GRF's friend who is full of crap. He probably doesn't even exist.

bsaza2358
05-08-2007, 11:01 AM
I would love to hear GRF's explanation for this one. Yet another instance where he creates threads that overhype a problem and he gets caught. GRF, can we ever trust anything you say is a legitimate situation?

yourfavestoner
05-08-2007, 11:12 AM
I would love to hear GRF's explanation for this one. Yet another instance where he creates threads that overhype a problem and he gets caught. GRF, can we ever trust anything you say is a legitimate situation?

No.

yakamundo

GiantRutgersFan
05-08-2007, 11:20 AM

how much for the lowest subscription for plain old Direct TV, and then the NFL package on top of that per year? Maybe thats what he meant.

PM sent

Jay
05-08-2007, 11:30 AM
I don't deal with residential, so I don't know all the details, but we have packages ranging from $39.99 a month through $99.00 a month, with all sorts of other add ons. The $99 a month gets you HBO, Showtime, Starz, Cinemax and all the sports channels like NESN, YES, all the Fox Sports and Comcast channels, etc.

I believe the NFL Sunday Ticket for residential is around $169-199. Not positive, because again, I do commercial sales. NFL Network is part of the basic package. Everything is available at www.expertsatellite. com . If your friend wants more info on signing up for the commercial package, I PMed you my email address...

bsaza2358
05-08-2007, 11:43 AM
Sunday Ticket costs about $200 for residential. You can pay for the Sunday Ticket in 4 installments or in lump sum. My house's cable bill each month is around $120, including HBO, 2 HD boxes, 2 DVR boxes, and a regular box. Sunday Ticket is extra.