PDA

View Full Version : 2008 SI mock draft by Andrew Perloff

Solomon
05-08-2007, 01:05 AM
http://www.fannation.com/blogs/post/7630

Not sure if it's already been posted but I found it pretty interesting. Don't really agree with the Bucs taking an OT since they have Trueblood at RT and are grooming either Sears or Joseph for LT. Don't like the Titans taking another S or the fact that many of the top underclassmen CBs aren't in his mock (Justin King, Malcolm Jenkins, Jake Ike, Brandon Ore). Also think Slaton, Cherilus and Rice are too high but that's just personal opinion. Good overall list though.

Caddy
05-08-2007, 01:07 AM
http://www.fannation.com/blogs/post/7630

Not sure if it's already been posted but I found it pretty interesting. Don't really agree with the Bucs taking an OT since they have Trueblood at RT and are grooming either Sears or Joseph for LT. Don't like the Titans taking another S or the fact that many of the top underclassmen CBs aren't in his mock (Justin King, Malcolm Jenkins, Jake Ike, Brandon Ore). Also think Slaton, Cherilus and Rice are too high but that's just personal opinion. Good overall list though.

Ummm, are you extremely misinformed. The Buccaneers are grooming neither Joseph or Sears to be LT. Both will play left and right guard respectively. Before posting such a wrong statement again, think first.

iloxygenil
05-08-2007, 01:58 AM
Man I wouldn't be happy with the Falcons having to take a WR in the first round, but if we do...that's the one I want...looking at the players he has in the first round though...ugh. Sounds like not much fun of a year next year for the draft...guess that's why it's a YEAR away!

simms2clayton
05-08-2007, 02:03 AM
Ummm, are you extremely misinformed. The Buccaneers are grooming neither Joseph or Sears to be LT. Both will play left and right guard respectively. Before posting such a wrong statement again, think first.

God forbid someone making a wrong statement on a sports forum.

nemesis3394
05-08-2007, 02:09 AM
i disagree with the selection made by the vikes in this mock
first i would draft campbell ahead of the one already made by detroit because of the need at d-end and according to this mock i would try to pick up andre woodson in the second since he hasnt been picked up yet
have another year for jackson to work out his kinks and if that doesnt work go with woodson from there on out
but thats just my opinion

Caddy
05-08-2007, 02:34 AM
God forbid someone making a wrong statement on a sports forum.

Come on. Sears and/or Joseph at LT?? LOL

Michigan
05-08-2007, 05:23 AM
I really like his comparison of Shawn Crable to Audalius Thomas

FloridaFootball
05-08-2007, 07:46 AM
He gives the redskins a LB.

We have,

Marcus Washington
London Fletcher
Rocky McIntosh
HB Blades
Dallas Sartz
Lemar Marshall

draftguru151
05-08-2007, 07:49 AM
Come on. Sears and/or Joseph at LT?? LOL

Well it's not like they don't have experience there previously. It isn't the ideal situation but it is certainly possible.

gobucks
05-08-2007, 07:52 AM
It's not like anyone is really doing more than throwing names out at this point. From looking at it, I'm not sure he spent more than 5 minutes on this piece. Of course we can hardly predict what a team's needs are going to be next year at this point, but even if he were doing it based on what needs teams have now, well he gave the Titan's another safety.

Acreboy
05-08-2007, 08:39 AM
He's got the Saints picking around the right spot but no way we go QB round 1.

No one has faith in Drew Brees?

Pit Bull #53
05-08-2007, 08:45 AM
Well, Kenny Phillips is a freakin stud, but I'm not sure if it would be the best pick. I think I'd go with either Tyson Jackson, Glenn Dorsey, Sweed, DeSean, or Manningham. I think Dorsey would be the favorite as of right now since both of our starting DT's are FA's after this year.

MNRunLeft
05-08-2007, 09:54 AM
i disagree with the selection made by the vikes in this mock
first i would draft campbell ahead of the one already made by detroit because of the need at d-end and according to this mock i would try to pick up andre woodson in the second since he hasnt been picked up yet
have another year for jackson to work out his kinks and if that doesnt work go with woodson from there on out
but thats just my opinion

My thoughts exactly, this mock is pretty terrible IMO as he has JDB going in round 1 but no Woodson? Brian Brohm wouldn't even be a good fit for the Vikings system where Childress expects his QB's to be a bit more mobile than Brohm is.

aNYtitan
05-08-2007, 10:56 PM
Even though I wouldn't mind having Kenny Phillips we have no space for him. Chris Hope and Michael Griffin our are starters for the future. DeSean Jackson would make the most sense

TitanHope
05-08-2007, 11:04 PM
Phillips got the edge over Cason, yet Cason was taken at #30? Gimme a break. After drafting Griffin, I can't see us taking another safety. Even one as good as Phillips. It really all depends on how the Griffin at CB experiment pans out, I guess.

Well, Kenny Phillips is a freakin stud, but I'm not sure if it would be the best pick. I think I'd go with either Tyson Jackson, Glenn Dorsey, Sweed, DeSean, or Manningham. I think Dorsey would be the favorite as of right now since both of our starting DT's are FA's after this year.

Yup, Glenn Dorsey for the win, please.

-black
05-08-2007, 11:07 PM
with the Bucs putting Buenning at center, I dont think its at all impossible to think the Bucs wouldnt (or Gruden in particular) think about putting Sears at LT

PalmerToCJ
05-08-2007, 11:13 PM
Ahhh... The early mocks must always start with the Bengals taking a DT.

mikehop05
05-08-2007, 11:20 PM
pff no dre moore in the first round...

he obviously forgot to put him in there

neko4
05-08-2007, 11:30 PM
I like Morency and i like Jackson, but a RB would be great. Not to high on Bubba tho and a 1st round TE would be better than Desean

Xonraider
05-08-2007, 11:47 PM
The Raiders won't draft first... I think that is pretty much impossible.

Scotty D
05-09-2007, 11:38 AM
Right guy for the Lions. Francis will move inside next year when Redding walks.

HoopsDemon12
05-11-2007, 05:55 PM
i lost all interest in this thing once i saw the saints taking brennan.... i mean what the hell...

Addict
05-11-2007, 06:01 PM
Right guy for the Lions. Francis will move inside next year when Redding walks.

Yeah I'd love Campbell... but... #4... I do hope we do slightly better than that... I'd rather we trade up for Campbell than 'merit' the place to draft him.

Is it just me or is he WAY overrating Henne?

Go_Eagles77
05-11-2007, 06:25 PM
Horrible spot for the eagles.

High Roller
05-11-2007, 06:35 PM
Pick is ok...the thing im interested about is the fact that he has the niners in the playoffs.

Ewing
05-11-2007, 08:21 PM
Why the **** would the Titans draft Phillips when have Hope and Griffin at the safety spots? What an idiot.

Chucky
05-11-2007, 08:27 PM
Bucs Oline of

LT- Baker
LG- Sears
C- Beunning
RG- Davin Joseph
RT- Trueblood

!!!! That would become the best young oline in the NFL and would eventually become the best, most would agree, even though i am probably a bit of a homer