PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Falcons Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Scott Wright
11-09-2006, 08:23 AM
Discuss the Falcons here.

iloxygenil
11-09-2006, 01:14 PM
Eep! A new Falcons forum! We're all back to an even playingfield! lol...but...I'm STOKED about us picking up Schulters...he's going to help this team out a LOT.

Shiver
11-09-2006, 02:13 PM
Jason Webster injured his groin in Wednesday's practice, out indefinitely. Jimmy Williams to start.

ATLDirtyBirds
11-09-2006, 02:59 PM
Glad to see Jimmy can shone his skills. iloxygenil and I where discussing this the other day, but who are some of the guys you want in the draft?

Assuming we get 2 firsts, I'd like to see us get either Lynch, Ginn or Landry

iloxygenil
11-09-2006, 03:32 PM
I can't wait to see it...I don't care if he gets beat a few times...a young guy with loads of potential, learning what to do at the Pro level and how to adapt, vs a vet getting beat...I'll take it. I wanna see Jimmy do well, I wanna see him adapt to the pro game. I also wonder if with Schulters coming in if MAYBE he'll steal some snaps from Crocker...or if he'll play nickel...I hate to see Webster hurt for depth reasons. Who are we going to have step up? Rossy? no thanks...not unless Jennings is full time return guy...because last year Allen wasn't up to both.

I am thinkin Jimmy on the field is a big time positive for us. Especially since he'll be out there every snap. I know he's going to be able to make some plays...I hope he makes the coaching staff look stupid for waiting this long to play him. Here's to Jimmy and Deangelo's first of MANY starts together over the next few years

iloxygenil
11-09-2006, 03:34 PM
Oh yeah...and in the draft...I REALLY would be so happy to see Ginn here...I know we don't need to spend another first round pick on a wideout...especially not one with bust potential...but could you imagine having 4 guys who run legit 4.3 or better? Vick + Norwood + Lelie + Ginn...WOW...just imagine...and Jenkins isn't slow at 4.41...that'd be exciting to see =) Unleash the Vick!

But in all honesty...If we can get Samardja (sp?) to slip into the 2nd round to us...that'd be the best value prolly...simply because he is a Finneran type guy...goes out makes tough catches...but he's faster than Brian...I dunno...

I am really worried about defense as well...and now with Webster getting hurt AGAIN...could we look to a pick of a guy like Antoine Cason from Arizona? I know we'd have a lot of money tied up in DBs...but man...I'd sure love to see another quality corner for depth...also could let us be flexible (if we get a DC with some imagination) with Jimmy's skill set. Let him play corner, but sometimes allow him to flow into a Safety role and put Cason opposite Hall with Jimmy and Crocker back...letting Milloy take a breather. Then again...a Saftey would be a novel idea for us to draft...since we beat ourselves by not picking one up this season. Imagine Pat Watkins in the 4th instead of Crocker...man that would have been brilliant.

Or who knows...if we had passed on Jimmy and let Detroit take him we'd have gotten Bullocks...that'd have been cool too. I am just hoping defense starts to step up...DE is also a HUGE concern especially if we don't get Kerney back in here for CHEAP. Could look to trade up for a guy like Gaines Adams maybe...or wait and see if a Lamarr Woodley type falls to us...and with 2 firsts...who knows what could happen. Especially since we don't have any pressing NEEDS...other than WR coach and DC...

Draft King
11-09-2006, 05:09 PM
Right now I'm just really interested to see how well Jimmy Williams will play in his first start, the man has a ton of potential and we could have the next deadly duo of CB's in him and DeAngelo.

ATLDirtyBirds
11-09-2006, 07:14 PM
Yes it would be one heck of a deadly duo. I just hope he can pan out, but i think he will. the potential is without a doubt there

iloxygenil
11-09-2006, 07:28 PM
Those 2 playing up to their potential could definately put us atop all of the CB combos in the league. But...who knows...maybe we like Jimmy at Safety...that could be fun too...and draft a guy like Cason...

I'm hoping we leave Webster and Mathis off the 53 man roster next season...if that means we have to draft a couple more DBs early on...I'm fine with that...I'm sick of people who don't belong in the NFL being on our roster. I would be much happier with our depth chart looking like this next season

LCB: Deangelo / Cole
RCB: Jimmy / Cason
SS: Milloy / Rouse
FS: Schulters / Lowe

I mean...lets cut the crap...we have an almost elite team...lets seperate the wheat from the chaff...if that means Mora is let go so he can get over his crushes on 49ers that suck at the game of football...then so be it.

ATLDirtyBirds
11-09-2006, 07:30 PM
FS: Landry

QFT

iloxygenil
11-09-2006, 08:12 PM
That's fine as well...Landry is cool...I just am not sold on any player from the SEC.

Jimmy hurt his ankle...didn't practice today...that's no good. I want him 100% for the game...but he needs as many reps in practice as possible.

ATLDirtyBirds
11-09-2006, 08:34 PM
That's fine as well...Landry is cool...I just am not sold on any player from the SEC.

Jimmy hurt his ankle...didn't practice today...that's no good. I want him 100% for the game...but he needs as many reps in practice as possible.

Landry is more than cool.

ATLDirtyBirds
11-11-2006, 11:57 AM
Hopefully we don't get caught with 2 trap games in a row. Crocker has been real bad lately, but hopefully playing against his old team motivates him, and brings his game up.

Shiver
11-11-2006, 06:04 PM
We need an upgrade at Safety. Last year we had Safeties that couldn't tackle, now we have Safeties that cannot cover. For once I wish we had an elite Safety that can do both.

Defensive End is another; Kerney may or may not be resigned, and Abraham clearly isn't reliable.

Offensive Line depending on if Gibbs is still in Atlanta. If not, McKay will likely add someone early.

Running Back; Dunn is wearing down, and Norwood doesn't seem to be more than a Tatum Bell/RBBC back.

ATLDirtyBirds
11-11-2006, 08:49 PM
Shiver, Landry is that saftey, and also, I feel Norwood can be a fulltime back. He just needs a decent backup. But I'd love to see Marshawn Lynch here

Shiver
11-12-2006, 01:18 AM
I agree on Landry, but he's a top-15 pick, so I hope we don't get him. I like Michael Griffin and Reggie Nelson in the late first.

ATLDirtyBirds
11-12-2006, 08:38 AM
I agree on Landry, but he's a top-15 pick, so I hope we don't get him. I like Michael Griffin and Reggie Nelson in the late first.

The Raiders or Lions will be in the top 15. And they need a QB :wink:

ATLDirtyBirds
11-12-2006, 04:24 PM
What the **** is our problem?

Shiver
11-12-2006, 04:42 PM
FIRE MORA!

Shiver
11-13-2006, 01:58 AM
All I will say is this: our receivers and O-Line have played bad like they did these past two weeks, but this is by far the worst I have ever seen Michael Vick play in consecutive games. It's disconcerting to say the least. Earlier in the year, I was very impressed with his development. These past two games have been ugly in a lot of ways for the whole team, but the disregard for ball security is not excusable. This team is lost, they have the look of a team that has given up. I have no confidence in Jim Mora to turn us around, like he could've done last year. Good teams, with good coaches, do not lose these kinds of games, period.

Jeff Fisher?

ATLDirtyBirds
11-13-2006, 06:42 AM
I'm going to agree with your sig Shiver. All Falcons fan who agree, but what Shiver has in his sig in your own. Im doing that now

The Unseen
11-13-2006, 06:58 AM
Fire Mora? LOL. Just a few weeks ago you were praising the coaching staff and calling Mike Vick god. Now that there's adversity, someone's head is off. When the Falcons win big games again, your tune will change.

This message brought to you by Mr. Anti-Overreaction

iloxygenil
11-13-2006, 07:49 AM
Fire Mora? LOL. Just a few weeks ago you were praising the coaching staff and calling Mike Vick god. Now that there's adversity, someone's head is off. When the Falcons win big games again, your tune will change.

This message brought to you by Mr. Anti-Overreaction
No...I thought Mora was good...but I'm realizing more and more that he cannot get our team up for simple games. He is falls into EVERY trap game. These 2 PATHETIC teams and we made them look like Super Bowl contenders. I can't handle watching that crap ALL the time. It's like you just know we're going to win next week because now our team HAS to get up and be ready for the game. We are going up against a stellar defense, so that means Vick is gonig to be on point...our coaches will take time with the offensive line this week and make them work their pass protection. Our WRs will suddenly develop hands and catch everything. It's insane to be this up and down with the talent we have. We blame players over and over, but there's only so much blame they can take, until it falls on coaching. It's time that Mora took heat. Can't handle it anymore...7-0 or bust...this team SHOULD win 12 games...I want Abe back...and I want our offensive line to not SUCK. I want our QB to be able to count on his recievers. I can't take this anymore...lets win games...that's what all this money is being spent for.

Draft King
11-13-2006, 07:55 AM
I basically agree with everything people have said here about Jim Mora Jr., if you can't win those games that you are expected to, how can you possibly be a playoff contender?? Also, Warrick Dunn has been really dissappointing me as of late and I think that Lelie should have caught that TD at the end of the half, it would have been 14-7 instead of 14-3 going into the half and we still might have won, we really need a sure handed reciever on this team to help out Vick, what I have seen in the past couple of weeks has been pathetic.

bearsfan_51
11-13-2006, 09:08 AM
This is the first game I've seen of the Falcons, and I'm not trying to insight anything here, it's actually more of a question. Is this the bad hands of the recievers that you've been talking about all year? Cause if so, I think Vick shares at least 30-40% of that blame. He has no touch on any of his throws, and they were put in positions that were hard for the players to adjust to. Granted, the ball hit their hands on numerous occasions, and they should make those plays, but it wouldn't hurt for Vick to help them out either.

Number 10
11-13-2006, 01:43 PM
Ahhh my Tivo got screwed up. How did Jimmy Williams look?

Shiver
11-13-2006, 01:58 PM
He didn't play.

Shiver
11-13-2006, 02:02 PM
This is the first game I've seen of the Falcons, and I'm not trying to insight anything here, it's actually more of a question. Is this the bad hands of the recievers that you've been talking about all year? Cause if so, I think Vick shares at least 30-40% of that blame. He has no touch on any of his throws, and they were put in positions that were hard for the players to adjust to. Granted, the ball hit their hands on numerous occasions, and they should make those plays, but it wouldn't hurt for Vick to help them out either.

No, I don't count acrobatic attempts at the ball as a drop. The overt drops were only apparent in three games; New Orleans, New York and Detroit.

The receivers should still make some difficult catches, and they make fewer of those than most other receivers in the league.

Don't think I absolve Vick of any blame with the team's performance. I just don't understand why his game has self destructed. Through the first seven games; he impressed me with his development. These past two he looked like the '04 Vick again, and that's a painful sight. If he keeps this up; I actually would not be adverse to sending the team a message and starting Schaub. If you don't play well, no matter who you are, you won't continue to play. If he's the leader of this team, he cannot go out and lose games with his turnovers. It's that simple.

Shiver
11-13-2006, 03:52 PM
Patrick Kerney "out for a while." We are screwed, 6-10 anybody?

diabsoule
11-13-2006, 04:19 PM
Patrick Kerney "out for a while." We are screwed, 6-10 anybody?

Yeah, I just saw that. Here's the link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2660389

That really hurts ya'll's chances.

Shiver
11-13-2006, 06:03 PM
Thus far we've lost:

Our most reliabe WR, Brian Finneran.
Our two pro bowl Defensive Ends, Patrick Kerney and John Abraham
The return of Ed "Hurtwell", he was supposed to be our answer in the middle.
Our best O-Line player, Kynan Forney, without him our run game has fallen apart.
Three defensive backs, Jason Webster, Kevin Mathis, Chris Cash

Terrible, terrible, terrible. Looks like we'll have a top-10 draft pick.

Our Needs:

Defensive End: Abraham is injury prone and cannot be on the field more than about 65% of the snaps, or he will continue to be injured. Patrick Kerney is aging, his production is diminished and he's a FA next year. Chauncey Davis has impressed me, but we need a four man rotation.

Safety: Neither Chris Crocker or Lawyer Milloy are good in coverage, and Milloy is running on fumes.

Interior Lineman: Our interior is consistently abused by defenses, and it sounds like Gibbs is on his way out, so some strong lineman is needed. McClure is a FA as well.

Running Back: Something that is a big need, Warrick Dunn has faded down the stretch, he's reaching the breaking point for Running Backs. Jerious Norwood doesn't have the look of a feature back in the NFL, he'd be best served in a rotation.

iloxygenil
11-13-2006, 07:34 PM
So Jimmy DID play? Did he start? I thought Rossy got the start...if so that decision alone should get Mora fired. Kerney is out for the season now...so...that REALLY hurts us...we need abe back REALLY bad now. We aren't going to have any pass rush with those Davis and Mallard on the ends...who are we going to pick up off the streets now to add in?

I am sick of up and down...losing to slop teams...beating great ones...it's stupid...time for the Falcons to step up and romp some teams. If that means we trade our entire draft to get Calvin Johnson, so be it...I want a WR who can catch the ball consistantly...I want DEs who can stay healthy...I want a winning season back to back years...and I want a friggin SUPER BOWL trophy.

ATLDirtyBirds
11-13-2006, 08:11 PM
Well we look well set up for 2 good draft picks. Maybe that will help

Shiver
11-13-2006, 08:50 PM
So Jimmy DID play? Did he start? I thought Rossy got the start...if so that decision alone should get Mora fired.

Jimmy was hurt, so I don't blame Mora. He has hardly played, and is nicked, he wouldn't have been in a position to succeed.

Kerney is out for the season now...so...that REALLY hurts us...we need abe back REALLY bad now. We aren't going to have any pass rush with those Davis and Mallard on the ends...who are we going to pick up off the streets now to add in?

Depth was a concern to start the season, but it wasn't addressed. Of course, where injuries did occur, it was where we are thin.

I am sick of up and down...losing to slop teams...beating great ones...it's stupid...time for the Falcons to step up and romp some teams.

Don't worry, we will be losing to great teams soon enough.

If that means we trade our entire draft to get Calvin Johnson, so be it...I want a WR who can catch the ball consistantly...

I don't think Receivers are the main problem. I think the passing game, Vick's in particular, self destructs when the interior O-Line is blown up. When Vick has time in the pocket, he is fabulous, when he's pressured he becomes rattled and his mechanics fall apart. That's been Vick's MO, teams try to rough him up, because they know he loses composure and stops playing fundamentally sound football. That's why he is hit illegally more than any other QB in football, teams know that he'll either be injured or fall apart if they smack him around. Jenkins and White are still young, it's concentration more than anything, they'll learn in time. What we REALLY need is to dump the Alex Gibbs system, and get taltented, strong G/Cs who can hold up physically.

want DEs who can stay healthy...

That's what happens when we trade for an injury prone DE, instead of drafting Hali or Kiwanuka.

I want a winning season back to back years...and I want a friggin SUPER BOWL trophy.

Sad isn't it?

Shiver
11-13-2006, 10:00 PM
Mark Bradley's blog on AJC:

Mora runs a poorly coached team

By Mark Bradley | Monday, November 13, 2006, 08:55 PM

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Flowery Branch — A coach can handle consecutive losses to patently inferior opposition in one of two ways: He can go all rah-rah, or he can give the timeworn your-jobs-are-on-the-line speech. Jim Mora has chosen to accentuate the positive, saying Monday: “A lot of people would say the ship is sinking, but I don’t. I love it. … We’re going to fight.”

And maybe that’s the way, even after egregious outings against Detroit and Cleveland, he really feels. Then again, maybe Mora isn’t taking the vocational-security tack because he knows the job on the line is his.

Arthur Blank didn’t pay to assemble a band of scrappers. He and Rich McKay built this gifted team to win big. Blank in July: “We have a sense of urgency to do better now. … Our offseason moves aren’t indicative that we’re [building for some far-off future].”

Yet here the Falcons sit, 5-4 with a team that seems to play a different way every Sunday. Sometimes the pass defense fails (Pittsburgh, Detroit). Other times it’s the run defense (New York). Sometimes the Falcons can’t throw (New York, Detroit). Other times they can (Pittsburgh, Cincinnati). Sometimes they even throw too much (Cleveland).

We’ve asked this before, but after nine oscillating outings, there seems only one answer. Q: What are the Falcons? A: Not particularly well coached.

Mora won 18 of his first 26 games, a bright young thing who’d hit the ground running. But the Falcons are 7-10 since, and more and more Mora and his staff seem incapable of fitting resources to scheme. There’ll come a game that appears a great leap forward — Blank described Vick’s passing against Cincinnati as “a breakthrough” — but gains are never consolidated. The weeks roll on and the Falcons keep alternating assured performances with addled ones, and that’s a function (or a dysfunction) of coaching.

“We all need a little adversity to find out what we’re all about,” Mora said Monday, but the man paying Mora’s salary might see this latest dip differently. At 7-2, the Falcons would be alone in second place in the NFC and staring at a first-round bye. Instead they’re no lock to pluck even the last wild-card spot.

Mora: “We’re right in the thick of this thing. … We’re in a dogfight.” Indeed, he used the word “dogfight” at least a half-dozen times, and he closed his address with “Fight on.” (Sort of like Dan Rather signing off with “Courage.”) Of his team’s injuries, Mora said: “We’ll fight to the bitter end with whoever’s standing. And we’d better fight. If I don’t see a guy fighting, he might not be playing.”

Might not?

Perhaps Mora’s men will respond to his gentle urging. But after last season’s collapse and the Falcons’ mood swings of the past five weeks, it’s reasonable to wonder if they still believe in this coach and his coordinators. Say what you will about Dan Reeves, but his teams played pretty much the same way every time. For reasons unclear, Mora’s 2006 team has a fainter signature than in his giddy inaugural season, and these Falcons are more talented than in their run to the NFC championship game.

It’s possible Mora could survive another non-playoff finish. (The rash of injuries, Patrick Kerney’s being the latest, might buy him another season, although Blank fired Reeves the year Michael Vick broke his leg.) It’s also possible the owner might decide to cut his accumulating losses and start anew.

And surely Blank has to be looking toward Chicago and wondering if Lovie Smith, whom the Falcons interviewed, wasn’t the better choice. The Bears under Smith lost 11 of their first 16 games but have won 19 of 26 since, and nobody could watch that ferocious team today and say it isn’t well coached.

Jeff Schultz's blog

Falcons don’t play hard or smart

By Jeff Schultz | Sunday, November 12, 2006, 09:26 PM

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Jim Mora had another one of those my-guys-would-run-through-a-brick-wall speeches Sunday. It’s sort of the coach’s version of a quarterback checking down to his third option.

A coach can’t always say, “We’re really good.” Or, “We’re really smart.” So he falls back on, “We won’t lay down. We won’t quit.”

You know. Just in case you thought a few guys might pass on their next seven paychecks.

The Falcons have lost consecutive games to two teams, Detroit and Cleveland, that were a combined 3-12 before kickoff. Fortunately, NFL player contracts are not incentive-laden. Otherwise, owner Arthur Blank would seem to be building a pretty strong fraud case.

“These were two teams obviously we should have beaten,” Blank said.

Sometimes an owner also feels the need to check down to his secondary remarks, when he probably would prefer to drive a truck through the next team meeting.

It’s only November. Is it nap time already?

Because of an inordinate number of injuries, the Falcons have little margin for error. But for the second consecutive week, they walked onto the field and all but uttered, “You are not worthy.”

Now, it’s true that most NFL teams can get away with that against the Lions and Browns. But the Falcons aren’t one of them. They don’t compensate for their deficiencies by wearing teams down. They don’t play smart. They don’t play hard — certainly not over four quarters.

When you’re missing bodies on the field, you can’t afford to be missing a head or a pulse. But that’s where the Falcons are.

Warrick Dunn said of the Browns, “They played hard for 60 minutes.”

And the Falcons?

“We played hard for a half. Unfortunately.”

When a team official walked toward the media huddle. Dunn started to change his tune. “Guys played hard. We just didn’t execute.”

You decide which quote was more truthful.

Mora called the NFL “a humbling league.” But if the Falcons needed to be humbled after the Lions game, the problems are even bigger than we imagined.

They’re not a particularly well-coached bunch, particularly on the offensive side of the ball. The Falcons had far more passing plays (41) than rushing plays (29) against a Cleveland defense that ranked 29th against the run.

In the third quarter, they had a fourth-and-1 on the Browns’ 31. But rather than call for a run by Michael Vick or Dunn, offensive coordinator Greg Knapp had Vick step back and throw into the end zone for Alge Crumpler. The pass was intercepted.

“We took a shot,” said Mora.

Which would be fine if this was a well-functioning offense with a consistent quarterback. But it isn’t, and he isn’t. Vick finished 16-for-40 with one touchdown. He also had two interceptions and a game-clinching fumble at the Browns’ 28 with 2:18 left. In the two games since throwing seven touchdown passes against Pittsburgh and Cincinnati, Vick is 33-for-72 with two TDs and six turnovers.

“I take full responsibility on the offensive side of the ball,” Vick said.

When there are holes everywhere, Vick needs to be the equalizer. He hasn’t been. But there are too many problems to put this on one player, even if he is the franchise centerpiece.

Last season the Falcons didn’t fall apart until the second half. This year, cracks started showing in week 3 at New Orleans.

They started 2-0. They are 3-4 since. That’s not a blip. That’s an identity.

They fell behind 14-0 to a 2-6 team after losing 30-14 to a 1-6 team. That’s not something that can be fixed with a cute little speech or a pat on the back or a trip to Chuck E. Cheese. When a team stumbles out of the blocks against a bad team after being humiliated by another bad team the week before, there are issues deeper than injuries.

Mora: “Shoot, life’s not fun unless you have a little adversity. What the heck? Who wants it easy all the time? Maybe some people do, but I don’t.”

Right, pity the Indianapolis Colts at 9-0.

He continued: “We’re 5-4 with seven more chances to fight and win. It’s going to be an awesome thing when it’s all done.”

But Mora sounds like a man selling tonics from a wagon. Because at 5-4 with seven games left, maybe his team is already done.

Sigh ... Both are dead on.

Draft King
11-14-2006, 07:05 AM
Right now I would love to trade up to get an elite player at a need position like Calvin Johnson or Adrian Peterson, or maybe even trade down to get a guy like Justin Blalock, I think we don't have to address the safety position in the first round especially now that I think we will have an earlier pick.

scar988
11-14-2006, 11:41 AM
Right now I would love to trade up to get an elite player at a need position like Calvin Johnson or Adrian Peterson, or maybe even trade down to get a guy like Justin Blalock, I think we don't have to address the safety position in the first round especially now that I think we will have an earlier pick.Blalock doesn't even come close to fitting our scheme. even if we get rid of Mora the run scheme will stay. trust me on that. I would love to see Jeff Fisher come in and at least run the defense for us. or even Jim Bates.

Shiver
11-14-2006, 12:01 PM
Blalock doesn't even come close to fitting our scheme. even if we get rid of Mora the run scheme will stay. trust me on that.

I hope to god you are wrong.

scar988
11-14-2006, 12:59 PM
Blalock doesn't even come close to fitting our scheme. even if we get rid of Mora the run scheme will stay. trust me on that.

I hope to god you are wrong.why? the zone run scheme is something Cable teaches as well and is part of the reason why our run game is #1 in the league. If Gibbs leaves all it means is that we will go a bit bigger (315 at the most and 305 at the lowest) and would be better pass blockers coming in and would keep Clabo i nthe starting lineup. we would prolly have to draft a G/C like Satele who is 310 but our lineup after getting hi mwoudl be good for both pass and run blocking and near the league average weight wise:
LT - Gandy 315 (Omiyale 310)
LG - Clabo 315
C - Satele 310 (King 305)
RG - Forney 307
RT - Wiener 298 (Ojinnaka 297)
our RT is a bit smaller but with the TE on that side as well it is understandable. the pass blocking will be better and the run blocking will still be the zone cut back and would not hurt anyone on our team by keeping it the same. What we would do though is draft a RB in the 4th like a Lorenzo Booker and have him start and Norwood and Dunn spell or Norwood start and Booker and Dunn spell.

Shiver
11-14-2006, 01:54 PM
We need talent, that's my concern. If we hire a Power-O coach, then we won't have any restrictions on who we can bring in to fill in at LG and OC. While we have had the best rushing offense, it's only because of Michael Vick. Under Reeves, we were 5th in the NFL in rushing, while protecting Vick in the pocket much better.

iloxygenil
11-14-2006, 09:47 PM
I'd love to see us do something...there has to be a change I don't know what it is...but my vote is FIRST thing...FIRE GEORGE STEWART NOW!

America
11-14-2006, 09:53 PM
So who's starting at DE with Kerny and Abraham out?

Shiver
11-14-2006, 11:05 PM
A four man rotation of Chauncey Davis, Paul Carrington, Josh Mallard, and on passing downs Michael Boley.

iloxygenil
11-15-2006, 12:48 AM
It's interesting to see what happens this week. I hate this feeling of already having to lok to the draft to improve our team...to have a shot at the playoffs...I know we still have a very legit shot of 10-6 and a division championship...but we're going to have to really put things together and FAST. We need Abe back...ASAP.

I can't wait to see Jimmy play though...that is exciting to me.

Shiver
11-15-2006, 03:34 PM
I think it's all on Michael Vick. If he turns the football over against this defense, were screwed. We need for him to regain his composure, early in the game. Their offense isn't particularly explosive, most of their points are generated by that ball-hawking defense, either scoring out right, or setting them up. If he can play under control, create no turnovers, and return to his pre-Lions form, we have a legitimate shot.

johbur
11-15-2006, 04:35 PM
Hey, does a Falcon fan know offhand what the highest round is that Atlanta has taken a running back since Alex Gibbs came over with the ZBS? Was Duckett (R1) taken while Gibbs was there?

Shiver
11-15-2006, 06:04 PM
The only Running Back we've taken is Quincy Wilson in the seventh, DeAndra Cobb in the sixth, Norwood in the third.

Shiver
11-15-2006, 07:04 PM
It doesn't sound like Ray Lewis will play, that is great news. The Titans had little problems against the Ravens, because Lewis is the catalyst of that defensive unit. That said, our team is more banged up than they are. Once again, we will win if we don't turn the ball over.

D-Rod
11-17-2006, 09:57 AM
i think we may well beat the ravens this week. on paper, we are screwed, obviously, but it's just the type of game we'd somehow end up winning.

with this up and down team, it's about time for vick to lift-off again.

i say we run the ball down their Lewis-bereft throats - hey, if the titans can do it! - and see how their hyper-aggresive defence deals with vick and some PA.

and on D, we just have to put everything on the run and let McNair show that he is no more consistent a passer of the ball than Vick.

by the way, a little pet peeve: it really annoys me when people get at vick for carrying the ball in one hand! without doing that, he would not be so great a threat. it's the fact that he remains a threat to pass the ball even as he scrambles which buys him extra yards every time. yes, the occasional fumbles are annoying, but they are more than compensated by the numerous big plays which result from vick's ability to throw on the run.

Shiver
11-17-2006, 02:01 PM
Mark Schlereth said on The Herd, that Michael Vick has to throw into a milk carton to get a completion with our receivers. He said he's seen every snap of our offense, and h was dumb-founded by the dropped passes. Including eight in the Lions game, nine in the Browns game.

Space Ghost
11-17-2006, 03:07 PM
Will your second half record be better or worse than last years? What do you guys think?

iloxygenil
11-18-2006, 12:07 PM
I think our second half record will be better...for a few reasons...once Abe comes back, he will help this team a LOT. Jimmy Williams getting a chance to play, BIG upgrade over Webster, and I think we'll finally get some return on our investment.

Shiver
11-18-2006, 01:26 PM
The reason we had our hiccup was very evident:

Vick Turnovers in Games 1-7: Six.

Record: 5-2

Vick Turnovers in Games 8-9: Six.

Record: 0-2

If he plays under control, we win. When he becomes careless, we lose. It's that simple. His receivers have consistently dropped passes, yet we still won, and Vick still had great stats. His turnovers are in-excusable. We go as he goes.

ATLDirtyBirds
11-19-2006, 03:23 PM
yay! another loss, looking foward to a good draft pick

Ravens1991
11-19-2006, 04:36 PM
good game ya all.

Shiver
11-19-2006, 07:03 PM
Our special teams lost us the game, every game it's something else. :( We have now lost games because of:

1. erratic offensive play on all levels, O-Line, WR drops, QB turnovers, disappearing running game.

2. erratic defensive play on all levels, run defense, pass defense.

3. terrible coaching, play calling, schemes, preperation, lacksidasical team energy.

We find ways to lose games, we should easily be near the top of the NFC.

iloxygenil
11-20-2006, 10:26 AM
We lost this game due to PATHETIC coaching #1 A myriad of injuries #2

#1 who HONESTLY loses a game and only throws 21 times? Vick was 9/13 in the first half...threw only EIGHT passes in the second half of the game? Really? I mean sure, he was 1/8, but how can you only throw EIGHT passes? Our playcalling was bad all game, Vick just happened to make it work on 1 drive. I couldn't believe it...I couldn't even stomach to watch the 2nd half of the game on TiVO. I wonder...was there ANY reason to only get Norwood 3 touches all game? THREE...and it wasn't 3 in a row to get any sort of a rythum...it was 1 per drive...that's STUPID.

#2 there's just no way we can keep our defense up to speed in the 2nd half of games without more rotation, and these young guys are just giving out. They start off great...but they can't finish the game out...which leads back to #1 as well.

bigbluedefense
11-20-2006, 10:32 AM
Add a new candidate to the Replace Jim Mora list.

SD's OC. I love their playbook, and how they create mismatches.

You guys need to revamp the whole offense. Keep Vick and Crumpler, give the WRs a shot in a new system, but the whole ZBS and WCO scheme is not working. Get a whole new line, and a power runner. And of course fire Mora and get a traditional offense.

Theres still hope though. Like I said in other threads, theres a strong possibility of an 8-8 team getting to the playoffs in the NFC. I think Atlanta still has hope if they can get it together. Division games are gonna be HUGE. Lose the division games, then its over. But theres still hope. The NFC is such a crapshoot.

Heck, the NFL has been a crapshoot the past 2 years. Theres too much parity.

scar988
11-20-2006, 03:18 PM
Add a new candidate to the Replace Jim Mora list.

SD's OC. I love their playbook, and how they create mismatches.

You guys need to revamp the whole offense. Keep Vick and Crumpler, give the WRs a shot in a new system, but the whole ZBS and WCO scheme is not working. Get a whole new line, and a power runner. And of course fire Mora and get a traditional offense.

Theres still hope though. Like I said in other threads, theres a strong possibility of an 8-8 team getting to the playoffs in the NFC. I think Atlanta still has hope if they can get it together. Division games are gonna be HUGE. Lose the division games, then its over. But theres still hope. The NFC is such a crapshoot.

Heck, the NFL has been a crapshoot the past 2 years. Theres too much parity.the ZBS is working. the WCO is not even what we run anymore. this is what you don't get. we don't run a good offense because we can't execute. we have the talent. the scheme is finally right. we just aren't executing it. the same goes for defense except the defense has a lot of injuries.

Shiver
11-20-2006, 05:31 PM
The "ZBS" isn't working, Vick is getting killed out there. We were 5th in the NFL in rushing in '02, while actually being able to pass protect and throw the football. Oh, by the way, our rushing attack for the past five games has been all Vick. Our receivers' struggles regardless, our offensive line scheme isn't conducive to productive passing attacks. The Denver Broncos as an example, they are only productive passing, on bootlegs and moving pockets, not drop backs.

As for the "WCO" it isn't so much the scheme, as it is the pathetic play calling. Actually our coaching staff in general. Where other teams, like San Diego, make adjustments at half time, our team falls apart in the 2nd half. We play down to competition, we don't adjust, the two biggest signs of piss poor coaching.

Shiver
11-21-2006, 03:19 PM
As bad as we are right now, we are in prime set-up to make a run. We face three bad teams on the road, of the three 'tough' games they are all at home. Not to mention, we hopefully will have Ed Hartwell and John Abraham back for the home stretch. Not to mention we face the Saints, most likely, without their best offensive playmaker.

iloxygenil
11-21-2006, 05:26 PM
We lost 2 games to 2 PATHETIC teams...then we got beat by the Ravens...one of the toughest teams in the AFC. Our team looks pretty pitiful out there...but I honestly believe more and more that the coaching is pathetic to watch athletes as good as we have out on the field flop as bad as they have. WE HAVE A FRIGGIN OFFENSIVE GUARD as a WR coach...hello...SOMEONE has to be STUPID to do that. I hate this crap. I want a competent coaching staff. I thought Mora could become that, but it's not happening fast enough. Young team...Young coach...that's a problem.

scar988
11-21-2006, 07:01 PM
We lost 2 games to 2 PATHETIC teams...then we got beat by the Ravens...one of the toughest teams in the AFC. Our team looks pretty pitiful out there...but I honestly believe more and more that the coaching is pathetic to watch athletes as good as we have out on the field flop as bad as they have. WE HAVE A FRIGGIN OFFENSIVE GUARD as a WR coach...hello...SOMEONE has to be STUPID to do that. I hate this crap. I want a competent coaching staff. I thought Mora could become that, but it's not happening fast enough. Young team...Young coach...that's a problem.
I agree. and Shiver the ZBS is working just fine. we aren't staying with the run game. Dunn only getting 10-15 attempts in the past 3 games isn't good. I agree though we need to change our coaching staff up. I would love to see it like this:
Head Coach - Ken Weisenhunt
Offensive Coordinator - Mike Mularkey (I love his schemes and he knows how to get the most from his QBs)
QB Coach - Bill Musgrave (I love how he works with Mechanics and his work with Vick actually has been helping him. he was a QB in the NFL behind both Steve Young and John Elway and can throw with both hands.)
RB Coach - Ollie Wilson (why not keep him? our RB's are developing well under him) and Jamal Anderson (just to make sure bring in the original dirty bird)
WR Coach - Terence Mathis (he offered. let's take him up on it)
TE Coach - Clancy Barone (he isn't hurting us. Crumpler has declined but Blakely is doing better leaving me to believe it is on Crumps injury.)
OL Coach - Tom Cable (Alex Gibbs scheme still intact but with bigger guys than what Gibbs likes. Pass Blocking schemes are better this year as most of the times it is an overload to hurt us.)
Defensive Coordinator - John Tenuta (I love his Zone Blitz schemes and think they would be great for our current talent)
DL Coach - Bill Johnson and Joe Lombardi. (the UDFA's are playing like experienced vets and never quitting. they are playing to their ceilings right now)
LB Coach - Cornelius Bennett (nominated for the Hall of Fame after a 14 year career at WLB) and Jesse Tuggle (should be a Hall of Famer)
DB Coach - Ashley Ambrose and Deion Sanders (pro bowl corners and one played safety later on at the NFL level)
Special Teams Coordinator - Joe DeCamillis (schemes) and Steve Hoffman (K/P)

Shiver
11-21-2006, 09:27 PM
Well, we can run the same run plays under Cable, what I am referring to is the Alex Gibbs, turn coal into diamonds approach. I don't think that works, what you are suggesting, I agree with. Run about the same system, except with talented lineman. For example, Jagodzinsky runs our system, but they drafted two day one lineman and have protected Favre very well.

scar988
11-21-2006, 09:48 PM
Well, we can run the same run plays under Cable, what I am referring to is the Alex Gibbs, turn coal into diamonds approach. I don't think that works, what you are suggesting, I agree with. Run about the same system, except with talented lineman. For example, Jagodzinsky runs our system, but they drafted two day one lineman and have protected Favre very well.I never said to not draft talented guys and I think Ojinnaka and Omiyale have talent. I just think first rounders are a waste at G and our tackles are set for a while between Wiener, Gandy, Ojinnaka and Omiyale. We would get a guy like Satele in the 3rd round or Datish in the 2nd. both fit IMO and woudl be better at pass blocking while not being any drop off in run blocking.

Shiver
11-21-2006, 09:58 PM
I'm just saynig, when I type "ZBS" I am referring to Alex Gibbs system, which I personally isn't worth the trade off. What you want, is no different than what I want.

scar988
11-21-2006, 10:02 PM
I'm just saynig, when I type "ZBS" I am referring to Alex Gibbs system, which I personally isn't worth the trade off. What you want, is no different than what I want.when I see ZBS. I see Zone blocking run game. which I want to keep. the passing scheme we should use the one Cable used at UCLA when they were in the top 5 for least amount of sacks allowed even though they had one of the top amount of passing attempts. the pass pro has been a lot better this year but the injuries at G have been hurting us. Cable ran a ZBS run game in college though. that's part of why I wanted Mo Jones-Drew last year. We could increase the size of the player from the 285 pounders we have to a 305-315 pounder. especially at C. We need to replace McClure (285) with Satele (311)

Shiver
11-21-2006, 10:24 PM
McClure is a FA, so we need to upgrade over him. Then get Forney back, move Ojinnaka to LG, we'd be set.

scar988
11-21-2006, 11:18 PM
McClure is a FA, so we need to upgrade over him. Then get Forney back, move Ojinnaka to LG, we'd be set.I would rather move Gandy to LG and have Omiyale at LT. Omiyale is quicker and if we get Satele our OL would be around what I want it to be:

LT - Omiyale (6'4" 310) backed up by Ojinnaka (6'4" 297) and Clabo (6'6" 315)
LG - Gandy (6'4" 315) backed up by Clabo (6'6" 315) and Lehr (6'3" 304)
C - Satele (6'3" 311) backed up by Lehr (6'3" 304)
RG - Forney (6'3" 307) backed up by Clabo (6'6" 315) and Lehr (6'3" 304)
RT - Wiener (6'5" 298) backed up by Ojinnaka (6'4" 297) and Clabo (6'6" 315)

we would only have 8 lineman under contract but out overall team would be better in pass blocking and the run blocking would be better at the goal line and the same everywhere else.

Shiver
11-21-2006, 11:58 PM
Looking at our schedule; we have three easy road games, three challenging home games. This is Mora's last chance, I hope he makes good on it. Because 10-6, is a home playoff game in the NFC.

scar988
11-22-2006, 12:01 AM
Looking at our schedule; we have three easy road games, three challenging home games. This is Mora's last chance, I hope he makes good on it. Because 10-6, is a home playoff game in the NFC.I want to see 11-5 and #2 seed again.

scar988
11-22-2006, 12:56 AM
My Idea for a mock draft:
trade Schaub for a first:
1a) DE LaMarr Woodley (Michigan) 6'2" 268
Woodley would give us another Abraham type end and would be a good replacement for Kerney either now or in the future. We could run a very good 4-3 or 3-4 front with the front 7 this pick would give us.
1b) FS Reggie Nelson (Florida) 6'1" 175
we need a guy who can actually cover at FS. Nelson gives us the perfect cover man and he is a solid hitter. we would be better off with him at FS and moving Crocker to SS and having Milloy as the #3 S.
2) SS Aaron Rouse (Virginia Tech) 6'4" 225
He would be a pick to be our backup SS and rotate in at LB as well. we would use him as a rover role for the 4-4-3 as well. We would groom him to eventually take over at SS and he would be good as a reserve for the first few years.
3) OC Samson Satele (Hawaii) 6'3" 311
get him in to start right away. his size is an upgrade in the middle and his overall quickness is better than McClure.
4a) TE Scott Chandler (Iowa) 6'7" 257
his height would help Vick see him better, but his blocking is why this pick works well. he has good hands but he is the guy who I see as Crumps eventual replacement.
4b) OG Mansfield Wrotto (Georgia Tech) 6'3" 310
he is a very quick guy for his size having played Defensive tackle and Offensive tackle at GT. his overall size speed combos is what we look for at Guard and while he is a bit raw in terms of technique he is what a guy like Gibbs would look for. his pass blocking is already very good though and he has long arms for his size. he needs to learn a run blockign scheme to help his progression but that only means he would be the perfect guy for us.
5) QB Jeff Rowe (Nevada) 6'5" 225
Schaub's replacement.
6) RB Justin Vincent (LSU) 5'10" 223
the power complement to Norwood in the future. Reminds me of Mike Anderson.

Roster after draft:

QB - Vick/Shockley/Rowe
RB - Dunn/Norwood/Vincent
FB - Griffith/McCrary
WR - Lelie/White/Jennings
WR - Jenkins/Finneran
TE - Crumpler/Blakely/Chandler
LT - Gandy (315)/Omiyale (310)
LG - Clabo (315)/Lehr (304)/Wrotto (310)
C - Satele (311)/Lehr (304)
RG - Forney (307)/Wrotto (310)
RT - Wiener (298)/Ojinnaka (297)

LE - Woodley/Carrington
NT - Grady/Tommy/Shropshire
UT - Coleman/Babineaux/Shropshire
RE - Abraham/Davis
WLB - Brooking/Williams
MLB - Hartwell/Beck
SLB - Boley/Beck/Reese
LCB - Hall/Cash/Lowe/Rossum
RCB - Williams/Webster
FS - Nelson/Crocker
SS - Crocker/Milloy/Lowe

iloxygenil
11-22-2006, 01:05 AM
Woodley would give us another Abraham type end and would be a good replacement for Kerney either now or in the future. We could run a very good 4-3 or 3-4 front with the front 7 this pick would give us.
we need a guy who can actually cover at FS. Nelson gives us the perfect cover man and he is a solid hitter. we would be better off with him at FS and moving Crocker to SS and having Milloy as the #3 S.
He would be a pick to be our backup SS and rotate in at LB as well. we would use him as a rover role for the 4-4-3 as well. We would groom him to eventually take over at SS and he would be good as a reserve for the first few years.
get him in to start right away. his size is an upgrade in the middle and his overall quickness is better than McClure.
his height would help Vick see him better, but his blocking is why this pick works well. he has good hands but he is the guy who I see as Crumps eventual replacement.
he is a very quick guy for his size having played Defensive tackle and Offensive tackle at GT. his overall size speed combos is what we look for at Guard and while he is a bit raw in terms of technique he is what a guy like Gibbs would look for. his pass blocking is already very good though and he has long arms for his size. he needs to learn a run blockign scheme to help his progression but that only means he would be the perfect guy for us.
Schaub's replacement.
Beautiful...pretty much amazing draft. I'd like to see a WR and CB in there somewhere...also we get another pick from Schaffer...we just don't know where yet. We'll see, but nice draft Scar...we like many of the same players...like normal.

scar988
11-22-2006, 01:11 AM
Schaub's replacement.
Beautiful...pretty much amazing draft. I'd like to see a WR and CB in there somewhere...also we get another pick from Schaffer...we just don't know where yet. We'll see, but nice draft Scar...we like many of the same players...like normal.
we don't need a CB in the draft. between Hall, Williams and Webster we have a good top 3. we need to get another nickel type and with rossum as the #5/RS we are good at CB. but between Williams and Hall we will have our starters. Webster will be the nickel. hopefully we get Cash back. then we will have 2 good starters. 2 good nickel types. and a RS/emergency CB. At WR, IMO we need a new coach not a new WR. We need to re-sign Lelie and have a WR corps like this:
#1 - Lelie
#2 - Jenkins
#3 - White
#4 - Finneran
#5 - Jennings
and at WR Coach:

Terence Mathis.

Shiver
11-22-2006, 01:34 AM
I think White is catching on slowly, he's having a sophomore slump, but when he's on he's our best receiver. I think our receivers will get over the dropsies, it's a problem with a lot of young guys. It's concentration, pure and simple. Even Jerry Rice was being called out, because of his.

As for the draft, I agree, we need interior O-Line, DE and S as our biggest needs. Even if we resign Kerney, which isn't set in stone, we still need more depth. Especially considering we have John Abraham.

diabsoule
11-22-2006, 06:01 AM
From the Saints Team Discussion page:

HA. Funny how you're doing this after my avatar bet for the first game.. but I'll be man enough for it.

I didn't think we had a chance going into that hornet's nest. :wink: Seriously, when I saw we were the unlucky bastards to play the Saints in the first home game I was very upset.

I'll take you up on that bet, Shiv. I think the Saints could win, but on the same token I could see the Falcons upsetting us.

Just letting you folks know.

Shiver
11-22-2006, 12:07 PM
Man, we'd better win, or I will have a freakin Reggie Bush sig. :x

iloxygenil
11-22-2006, 02:19 PM
I'm not sure if the Falcons are going to pull this one off. I know we can, we're more talented than they are, but our coaching is attrocious and it seems like our injuries are too much to overcome. Here's to hoping. If we win this game, we're still in good position to make our way into the playoffs and win our division...we'll see...but if we lose this week, we'll be hoping for 8-8

scar988
11-22-2006, 05:52 PM
I'm not sure if the Falcons are going to pull this one off. I know we can, we're more talented than they are, but our coaching is attrocious and it seems like our injuries are too much to overcome. Here's to hoping. If we win this game, we're still in good position to make our way into the playoffs and win our division...we'll see...but if we lose this week, we'll be hoping for 8-8let's look at the positives:
we get back Lehr (LG starter), Jimmy Williams (RCB starter), Hartwell (MLB starter) and possibly John Abraham this week. this shoudl be a good boost for us.

iloxygenil
11-22-2006, 08:43 PM
I honestly would rather have Clabo than Lehr

iloxygenil
11-22-2006, 09:06 PM
Moss to Atlanta for Schaub a LEGIT possibility? I know they need a QB, and it looks more and more that they are going to have to spend some draft picks on WR...Calvin Johnson could be their first round pick.

So Atlanta gives up Schaub and gets Moss in return. Instead of giving up their early first and third they give up an aging Superstar with a bad attitude, but more talent than just about anyone in the league at a position the Falcons need desperately. I would honestly concider it...I want a WR who is elite...not another #2 trying to stretch into a #1. I want a WR with some serious hands. If that means we give up Schaub for a first and third, then trade up to get Calvin, that's FINE, but I want a REAL WR.

scar988
11-22-2006, 09:31 PM
I honestly would rather have Clabo than Lehryeah but I woudl rather have Lehr than Alexander. Clabo is playing RG right now.

Moss to Atlanta for Schaub a LEGIT possibility? I know they need a QB, and it looks more and more that they are going to have to spend some draft picks on WR...Calvin Johnson could be their first round pick.

So Atlanta gives up Schaub and gets Moss in return. Instead of giving up their early first and third they give up an aging Superstar with a bad attitude, but more talent than just about anyone in the league at a position the Falcons need desperately. I would honestly concider it...I want a WR who is elite...not another #2 trying to stretch into a #1. I want a WR with some serious hands. If that means we give up Schaub for a first and third, then trade up to get Calvin, that's FINE, but I want a REAL WR.it is our WR coachthat is the problem. not the WR. but if we get Moss, we won;t have to re-sign Lelie. we could re-sign Duckett for vet minimum.

iloxygenil
11-22-2006, 11:01 PM
Oh I think George Stewart needed walking papers 2 years ago...but I want an elite WR...not just a bunch of #2s with a lot of talent that don't know how to dominate a game.

scar988
11-23-2006, 12:11 AM
Oh I think George Stewart needed walking papers 2 years ago...but I want an elite WR...not just a bunch of #2s with a lot of talent that don't know how to dominate a game.this is where you and I differ. IMO if Jenkins caught the easy balls instead of just the tough ones he catches he could be a top 5 WR in the game. he has the speed, the toughness and the nose for the endzone. he just needs the hands. give him a guy like terence Mathis and his route running can be even more refined and we could be lookign at a taller version of TO in Jenkins.

Shiver
11-23-2006, 12:59 AM
Moss' lack of effort has turned me off to him, no doubt the FO feels the same way. It would be cheaper to re-sign Lelie.

scar988
11-23-2006, 01:13 AM
Moss' lack of effort has turned me off to him, no doubt the FO feels the same way. It would be cheaper to re-sign Lelie.I think we re-sign Lelie as well as fire Stewart and hire terence Mathis.

iloxygenil
11-23-2006, 09:12 AM
I love Jenkins! I think he's fantastic...but he loses concentration on the easy passes it seems like. I don't care who we bring in as a WR coach...I just want one who used to be a WR...not an OG. I don't know if Jenkins is THAT good...but I hope I'm wrong.

I think with Moss and Jenkins lining up across from each other that could help us out...with Lelie in the slot...then again...we get Finn back next season...but will he be slower than he is already?

scar988
11-23-2006, 09:14 AM
I love Jenkins! I think he's fantastic...but he loses concentration on the easy passes it seems like. I don't care who we bring in as a WR coach...I just want one who used to be a WR...not an OG. I don't know if Jenkins is THAT good...but I hope I'm wrong.

I think with Moss and Jenkins lining up across from each other that could help us out...with Lelie in the slot...then again...we get Finn back next season...but will he be slower than he is already?Finneran will be as slow as Crumpler. so his normal speed. Lelie may not be re-signed to be in the slot with moss. White has been turning it on lately too. what we need is for Terence Mathis to coach the WR's. re-sign Lelie and fire Stewart and our WR's will do better.

iloxygenil
11-23-2006, 02:27 PM
I'm not sold on Finn yet...we'll see...I'm just excited to get some serious defense in here in Atlanta...if that means Donatell is gone...so be it...we need a real defense.

scar988
11-23-2006, 03:12 PM
I'm not sold on Finn yet...we'll see...I'm just excited to get some serious defense in here in Atlanta...if that means Donatell is gone...so be it...we need a real defense.so you want Tenuta eh? his scheme woudl work amazingly well and all we would have to do is draft a guy like Woodley to complete the personnel for it.

iloxygenil
11-23-2006, 03:59 PM
I'm not sold on Finn yet...we'll see...I'm just excited to get some serious defense in here in Atlanta...if that means Donatell is gone...so be it...we need a real defense.so you want Tenuta eh? his scheme woudl work amazingly well and all we would have to do is draft a guy like Woodley to complete the personnel for it.
To be honest I have no idea about Tenuta...but anything is better than bend don't break...I want a defense that gets the ball back to the offense.

Shiver
11-23-2006, 11:54 PM
Well, it sounds like we will finally have Ed Hartwell and John Abraham back. Hopefully, for good. That will help a lot, we need all the help we can get against the Saints O.

iloxygenil
11-24-2006, 12:00 AM
Well, it sounds like we will finally have Ed Hartwell and John Abraham back. Hopefully, for good. That will help a lot, we need all the help we can get against the Saints O.
I don't like Hartwell...it keeps Demorrio off the field...and he's the best LB we have on this team right now...if Abe can get 1/2 the pressure he did in week 1 this week, we could be lookin good =) I'll be happy with someone finally making the QB move around to make a play instead of getting to just go through their routine.

Jimmy and Deangelo prepare to feast!

scar988
11-24-2006, 12:19 AM
I don't like Hartwell...it keeps Demorrio off the field...and he's the best LB we have on this team right now...if Abe can get 1/2 the pressure he did in week 1 this week, we could be lookin good =) I'll be happy with someone finally making the QB move around to make a play instead of getting to just go through their routine.

Jimmy and Deangelo prepare to feast!Demorrio is not our best backer right now. they are running right at him just like they did last year. Brooking is our best backer right now. But Hartwell coming back means a LB rotation and they will all be fresher. it also means another possibility for rush end and the reason why I say you woudl like Tenuta is that he runs a Zone blitz defense that puts the CB's on islands. it also uses multiple fronts so we could be giving looks from the 4-3, the 3-4, the 3-3-5, the 4-4 and the 5-2 even at the NFL level. it woudl confuse people and no one wwould know what hit them. add in a guy like Woodley in this years draft and re-sign Kerney and it woudl work even better:
4-3
LE - Kerney/Woodley
NT - G.Jackson/T.Jackson/Shropshire
RE - Abraham/Davis
WLB - Brooking/Williams
MLB - Hartwell/Beck
SLB - Boley/Beck/Reese
3-4
LE - Coleman/Babineaux
NT - G.Jackson/T.Jackson
RE - Shropshire/Kerney
WOLB - Abraham/Woodley
WILB - Brooking/Beck
SILB - Hartwell/Beck
SOLB - Boley/Williams
3-3-5
LE - Coleman/Babineaux
NT - G.Jackson/T.Jackson
RE - Shropshire/Kerney
WLB - Williams/Beck
MLB - Brooking/Beck
SLB - Boley/Beck/Reese
4-4
LE - Kerney/Woodley
NT - G.Jackson/T.Jackson/Shropshire
RE - Abraham/Davis
WOLB - Williams/Beck
WILB - Brooking/Beck
SILB - Hartwell/Beck
SOLB - Boley/Beck
5-2
LE - Woodley/Davis
LUT - Babineaux/Kerney
NT - G.Jackson/T.Jackson
RUT - Coleman/Shropshire
RE - Abraham/Davis
LLB - Brooking/Beck
RLB - Boley/Williams

iloxygenil
11-24-2006, 09:21 AM
Then get him here! Now! Fire Donatel midseason I don't care...bring that guy in! That'd be fantastic. I have always wanted someone who could implement multiple looks on the defensive front...I watch games and its like...oh yeah...there we go...I love to watch defense. If we could get a Woodley in this years draft I'd be happy. One thing also that concerns me is our LBs...Demorrio isn't signed for next year...Beck...well...apparently he can't catch on because even with injuries the kid doesn't get to play. Hartwell is constantly hurt, so signing another LB would be a good thing, right? Like picking up a Patrick Willis type player. Or a Buster Davis...be nice additions to this squad in the 2nd / 3rd round. If we get Tentua maybe we'd get a draft that looked like this...after getting a 2nd rounder for Schaub (I think we'll get more but for the sake of argument)

1.) Lamarr Woodley
2a.) Reggie Nelson
2b.) Buster Davis
3.) Samson Satele

Something like that on day 1 could help us out a lot. Then again, there are so many scenarios we could have a good draft with. I am a big fan of Woodley though...and becoming a bigger fan of Reggie

scar988
11-24-2006, 11:55 AM
Then get him here! Now! Fire Donatel midseason I don't care...bring that guy in! That'd be fantastic. I have always wanted someone who could implement multiple looks on the defensive front...I watch games and its like...oh yeah...there we go...I love to watch defense. If we could get a Woodley in this years draft I'd be happy. One thing also that concerns me is our LBs...Demorrio isn't signed for next year...Beck...well...apparently he can't catch on because even with injuries the kid doesn't get to play. Hartwell is constantly hurt, so signing another LB would be a good thing, right? Like picking up a Patrick Willis type player. Or a Buster Davis...be nice additions to this squad in the 2nd / 3rd round. If we get Tentua maybe we'd get a draft that looked like this...after getting a 2nd rounder for Schaub (I think we'll get more but for the sake of argument)

1.) Lamarr Woodley
2a.) Reggie Nelson
2b.) Buster Davis
3.) Samson Satele

Something like that on day 1 could help us out a lot. Then again, there are so many scenarios we could have a good draft with. I am a big fan of Woodley though...and becoming a bigger fan of Reggieno., Beck is playing but isn't making as many plays. he is still a rookie basically and williams is an RFA so he has at least one more year with us. we are still 6 deep at LB meaning no LB's in the draft this year because it isn't a need.

Flyboy
11-24-2006, 12:22 PM
I hope no injuries for your guys on Sunday, but... no luck when it comes to the win. :)

scar988
11-24-2006, 01:35 PM
I hope no injuries for your guys on Sunday, but... no luck when it comes to the win. :)well we are getting back a lot of guys. We only have 3 people on the injury report:
CB Jason Webster Out
CB Jimmy Williams Questionable (but practiced yesterday)
DE John Abraham Probable

iloxygenil
11-24-2006, 04:37 PM
I hope no injuries for your guys on Sunday, but... no luck when it comes to the win. :)well we are getting back a lot of guys. We only have 3 people on the injury report:
CB Jason Webster Out
CB Jimmy Williams Questionable (but practiced yesterday)
DE John Abraham Probable
I am PRAYING that Jimmy is starting. I don't want Rossy to see the field. Colston isn't going to be playing is he?

scar988
11-24-2006, 05:24 PM
today's report only had these people on it:
Jason Webster - OUT!
Jimmy Williams - Questionable but practiced thursday and friday.

Shiver
11-24-2006, 07:36 PM
Colston isn't going to be playing is he?

Even if he does play, on that kind of ankle sprain, he won't be the same.

iloxygenil
11-24-2006, 07:39 PM
its been 3 weeks...he's got to be almost recovered

Shiver
11-24-2006, 08:09 PM
No, he injured it last week. :?

scar988
11-24-2006, 08:14 PM
Williams is recovered it seems.

iloxygenil
11-25-2006, 01:04 AM
Williams is recovered it seems.
I hope so...
and his sprained ankle was a few weeks ago...I remember because he was supposed to start against Detroit, but he and Webster got hurt the same week in practice that Mathis got hurt to end his season...that was before Detroit right? Then Kerney was during Cleveland game? Isn't that right? Cause they were there the first game...then they werent for the next 2 of our losing streak...now he is coming back healthy for what would be the 4th game of our losing streak.

diabsoule
11-25-2006, 02:54 AM
Sunday should be a good game. It will show if both teams can rebound after a few losses. Looking forward to a good division game. Good luck.

iloxygenil
11-25-2006, 10:04 AM
I'm hopin this is the best game we've ever seen and both teams remain healthy. I hate to see players get hurt. I want something to spark the Falcons to basically win out so we can make the playoffs. We'll see though...

iloxygenil
11-25-2006, 11:20 PM
Anyone know any real news on Jimmy's injury? Is he going to be 100% when we line up tomorrow?

scar988
11-25-2006, 11:22 PM
Anyone know any real news on Jimmy's injury? Is he going to be 100% when we line up tomorrow?no. he willbe about 85% and I think he plays.

Draft King
11-26-2006, 01:39 PM
Wow, the fact that the Saints actually scored there at the end of this half is pathetic. Ed Donatell does it again, fire him and Mora's whole damn crew. Also, some of this blame must go on DeAngelo Hall who usually is amazing and Lance Schulters who had perfect position on the play. So far this game Michael Vick has been a beast and our recievers have gotten no seperation whatsoever. Also, I'm not impressed with the way Warrick Dunn has been playing for the past several weeks and it really looks like Jerious Norwood is the future, he has great burst and acceleration and also seems to see the hole and hit it fast.

diabsoule
11-26-2006, 03:08 PM
Well, Shiv, it looks like you lost the bet....

I don't know whats up with ya'll's wide receivers. They can't catch the ball. And after watching this game, I agree that you guys need a new coach or offensive coordinator at least.

Flyboy
11-26-2006, 03:13 PM
I say they need a new HC and OC.

Shiver
11-26-2006, 04:08 PM
Where to begin...

Warrick Dunn starting over Justin Griffith on the goal-line makes no sense.
Five dropped passes, including two that would've been touchdowns, both Roddy White was wide open. Both occured when we could've grabbed momentum.
Vick is our best runner, he is our entire offense, everyone else has been awful. We cannot rely on our receivers, running backs, O-Line to do anything positive.
Our secondary continues to give up big pass plays.
Greg Knapp's ego; not allowing Vick to audible, not allowing any QB he's ever had, is absurd.
One positive: our front seven has played very well the past three games.
Arthur Blank made it clear, not making the playoffs is in-excusable, so Mora is gone for, especially how sloppy the play has been.

diabsoule
11-26-2006, 04:36 PM
I don't see the Falcons making the playoffs this year especially after looking at their remaining schedule where they play 3/5 on the road. But, that will probably be a good thing in that Mora will be gone.

Shiver
11-26-2006, 05:58 PM
I don't see the Falcons making the playoffs this year especially after looking at their remaining schedule where they play 3/5 on the road. But, that will probably be a good thing in that Mora will be gone.

The only positive right now.

Number 10
11-26-2006, 07:11 PM
What did Vick do at the end of the game that was controversial?

Shiver
11-26-2006, 07:14 PM
http://www.sa-venues.com/wildlife/birds/secretary-bird.jpg

ATLDirtyBirds
11-26-2006, 08:28 PM
The crowd was booing Vick, and he gave them the middle finger. 2 of them acutally. Someone find me a video clip of that..

Shiver
11-26-2006, 08:37 PM
http://img.coxnewsweb.com/C/06/22/24/image_4924226.jpg

Our fans were booing everybody today. Our fair-weather 'fans' are sad. At the first sign of anything bad, the boo-birds come out.

Flyboy
11-26-2006, 08:43 PM
*pats Shiver on the back*

Shiver
11-26-2006, 08:44 PM
I will admit, I was booing from my couch at Roddy White, aka Jacquez Green JR.

ATLDirtyBirds
11-26-2006, 08:47 PM
Roddy White blows ballsacks

Number 10
11-26-2006, 08:47 PM

Our fans were booing everybody today. Our fair-weather 'fans' are sad. At the first sign of anything bad, the boo-birds come out.

Ouch. Kids looking on.

diabsoule
11-26-2006, 09:18 PM

Ouch. Kids looking on.

You could also read his lips in the video clip that they showed on FOX where he was screaming "F*** You" to the fans. I think the NFL is going to levy a hefty fine on him for that.

Shiver
11-26-2006, 09:20 PM
Accoridng to Football Night In America; he's looking at a 5,000$ dollar fine.

diabsoule
11-26-2006, 09:25 PM
Accoridng to Football Night In America; he's looking at a 5,000$ dollar fine.

I'm sure Ron Mexico has that in his couch.

I-B-EZ@21133
11-26-2006, 09:47 PM
Man, for all the optimism yall had about Roddy White (and Mike Jenkins for that matter) he sure has dissapointed. He really needs to work on his hands. I feel bad for Mike Vick, he does all he can just for his WRs to drop wide open passes. Its shameful, yall need some better receivers.

Shiver
11-26-2006, 10:31 PM
For some reason Michael Jenkins has regressed, and Roddy White hasn't progressed.

diabsoule
11-26-2006, 10:42 PM
For some reason Michael Jenkins has regressed, and Roddy White hasn't progressed.

I don't know what the deal is with both of them. You would think that they'd be fine. I know if you guys had Jerome Pathon he wouldn't drop any passes. He may not be a young stud but he's reliable.

Flyboy
11-26-2006, 10:47 PM
... He was a Falcon for awhile, I believe. Like last season or something.

Shiver
11-26-2006, 10:50 PM
Hey, thanks for the support in the Vick thread. Usually a intra-divisional fan wouldn't do that.

smittyjs
11-26-2006, 10:55 PM
I watched the game today, Injuries has killed the defense and more and more drops, damn they need a wideout who can catch. So who are some FA's Wideout, Drew Bennett is one who else??

Shiver
11-26-2006, 11:14 PM
Honestly, we just need a coach that can reach the Receivers. The whole team is contaminated by lack of focus, which is an indictment of the coaching staff. In this losing streak, the team has been flat out of the gate, each and every week. You cannot consistently win if you are down double digits early, yet that's happened the past six games. We have an O-Line that has break downs, Wide Receivers who act like defensive backs, a Quarterback who has no faith in the offense around him and hasn't played under control, a pass defense that makes errors that go for six, a special teams which has been bottom of the league in several facets.

Shiver
11-26-2006, 11:14 PM
Enough negativity: Michael Boley is a beast, I love him. Our front seven, while facing injuries, has been one of the bright spots on this team. Boley in particular, he's our poor man's Adalius Thomas, SLB, RE, SS.

iloxygenil
11-26-2006, 11:49 PM
Boley and Williams have been solid...I wanna know what happened on that play when Crocker didn't stay over top to help Deangelo when it looks like Deangelo was assigned to outside zone in a cover 3, with Crocker as the deep middle guy...that hurt.

This sucks. I have never been so disappointed...are we going to be making some changes mid week? #1 change...George Stewart...#2 change, bring in Troy Bergeron #3 change bench Roddy White forever.

Shiver
11-26-2006, 11:55 PM
I thought Roddy was coming around, then this game happened.

As for the Vick incident, that hurts the team bad. The last thing this team needs is more negative distraction. During the CBS brodcast of the Chargers/Raiders game, Randy Cross mentioned that there was a belief that Vick may be on his way out. Some parties think Vick will ask out. Some think that the finger flip will cause Blank to think that Vick shouldn't be the 'face' of the organization and the Falcons will part ways. All I know is this situation is about as bleak as it can get, and it will be ugly. As to who those heads will be, that's too hard to guess.

rainbeaukid2
11-27-2006, 12:04 AM
I thought Roddy was coming around, then this game happened.

As for the Vick incident, that hurts the team bad. The last thing this team needs is more negative distraction. During the CBS brodcast of the Chargers/Raiders game, Randy Cross mentioned that there was a belief that Vick may be on his way out. Some parties think Vick will ask out. Some think that the finger flip will cause Blank to think that Vick shouldn't be the 'face' of the organization and the Falcons will part ways. All I know is this situation is about as bleak as it can get, and it will be ugly. As to who those heads will be, that's too hard to guess.

he could go to the raiders, there he could have another receiver that drops passes in randy moss :lol:

Shiver
11-27-2006, 12:23 AM
I think Cleveland could be ideal. He'd be a much better version of Charlie Fyre, while having go to targets like Winslow and Edwards. John Gruden has always made known his love for Michael Vick's talent, even claiming he'd scrap his playbook if he had him, which is saying a lot, and I'm not sure Gradkowski is the answer with his deep ball deficiencies. There would definitely be a market for him, when the FA pool is so thin. All I do know, is that I don't know what will happen. Maybe Blank will just say 'f it' and get rid of Vick and Mora.

diabsoule
11-27-2006, 12:47 AM
Vick apologizes for giving the dirty bird:

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/ATL/9830458

Shiver
11-27-2006, 12:52 AM
That was sorta expected. It's not like he wasn't going to. :lol:

iloxygenil
11-27-2006, 12:27 PM
Vick isn't going anywhere. Everyone knows that...that's not even a thought. If we did move Vick, we'd have to cut most of our team to be able to have 53 men on the roster. It would cripple this team cap wise for 2 seasons...it's not going to happen, and it'd cripple this team for a lot longer than that...without Vick we'd prolly be the worst team in the league and without Vick yesterday we'd have scored NOTHING.

Shiver
11-27-2006, 12:37 PM
Yeah I know that, Vick was the offense yesterday. I am just relaying the sentiment that a lot of people feel is going on, that the tension in the organization, no one is safe from Arthur Blank's justified fury. I have heard a lot of things, none of them good. It's sad it's come to all this turmoil. We were 5-2 with two easy games on the schedule and the whole team, on all levels, f'd a perfect situation up.

PalmerToCJ
11-27-2006, 12:56 PM
Man, after watching Vick play yesterday it just bothers me to hear all the Vick haters.

I don't see what more he could have done to win the game for his team yesterday. Those drops were just terrible.What really bothers me is how your WR's caught everything when they played my Bengals :lol:

Just hard to believe WR's picked that early can't catch the football. I mean generally when you make the NFL it's just an assumption that you can catch.

The problem I see is how does your GM justify another early pick on a WR? That's clearly a giant need for your team, it's hard to assume that White/Jenkins will turn it around... Whats your take on the whole situation.

Flyboy
11-27-2006, 12:59 PM
I believe Jenkins and White can turn it around with the right COACHING. During the Haslett era, Devery Henderson was nearly a nobody during his first two years but this year after being in Sean Payton's doghouse for some of the season and having our WR coach work with him.. well, he and Marques Colston are both having exceptional seasons for us.

Shiver
11-27-2006, 01:16 PM
Vick on what cause the "incident"

A guy was in the crowd. He wasn't directing it towards me. It was towards everyone who was walking off the field. I care about my teammates. We practice all week. We want to win for the fans. We don't want to go out there and put on a disappointing effort. He was saying certain things I won't say right now, but they were very inappropriate.

That's a lot better, than had he done it if someone who was just criticizing him.

Shiver
11-27-2006, 01:23 PM
Man, after watching Vick play yesterday it just bothers me to hear all the Vick haters.

I don't see what more he could have done to win the game for his team yesterday. Those drops were just terrible.What really bothers me is how your WR's caught everything when they played my Bengals :lol:

Just hard to believe WR's picked that early can't catch the football. I mean generally when you make the NFL it's just an assumption that you can catch.

There could've been three more touchdowns, that didn't happen, because of dropped passes. Two by Roddy White, one by Jenkins where he had seperation and had no one in front of him. An absolutely disgusting performance. The "haters" point to Vick's stats to show how he had a bad game, it just shows they don't watch the games. :roll: Joe Horn said it best:

This is a league where if you don't do your job, they run your ass off. Those guys better wake up and smell the coffee and start catching the damned football. I can't blame [Vick] for, you know, being upset at them sometimes.

The problem I see is how does your GM justify another early pick on a WR? That's clearly a giant need for your team, it's hard to assume that White/Jenkins will turn it around... Whats your take on the whole situation.

I don't know what. There is a lot invested in White and Jenkins and the team put forth trust in them this off-season to get it done and they have failed miserably. The most likely option is to get new coaches and a veteran receiver to mentor them up. But we might have a shot at Dwayne Jarrett and Jeff Samardjiza, big targets who make catches. They are who I want. In fact, I wish the Lions wouldn't have taken Roy Williams, Michael Vick and Roy Williams would've been awesome together. It was highly believed that the Falcons coveted Williams before the '04 draft.

Paul
11-27-2006, 02:21 PM
Randy Moss anyone? :|

I agree Samarjda or Jarrett would be a good pick-up. I Haven't been following the Falcs that much, so not sure of there weaknesses. But so far WR looks pretty BAD.

Shiver
11-27-2006, 02:34 PM
Randy Moss anyone? :|

Randy Moss wouldn't fix the problem. We need a consistent, reliable receiver.

I agree Samarjda or Jarrett would be a good pick-up. I Haven't been following the Falcs that much, so not sure of there weaknesses. But so far WR looks pretty BAD.

It's hard to imagine drafting a third WR in the first round in 3 of 4 seasons, but the play of these guys just may make it a necessity.

PalmerToCJ
11-27-2006, 02:56 PM
It's hard to imagine drafting a third WR in the first round in 3 of 4 seasons, but the play of these guys just may make it a necessity.

Agreed. It's kind of like how could you spend all of those picks and money on a first round WR but in the same breath how could you ignore such a glaring problem?

Shiver
11-27-2006, 03:03 PM
Well, unlike the Lions, our "1st round" receivers were late ones, both were the sixth of their position taken. If you have a shot at Dwayne Jarrett, he'd better be wearing Red and Black.

Shiver
11-27-2006, 03:07 PM
http://www.trojanfb.com/imagedb/albums/2004season/coloradostate/dwayne_jarrett.jpg

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/sioncampus/07/13/college/p1_jarrett.jpg

http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/slideshow/games05/100805usc/usc03.jpg

http://mirrorimageorigin.collegepublisher.com/media/paper679/stills/omq855o6.jpg

Flyboy
11-27-2006, 03:08 PM
I don't see the Falcons picking that high...

Shiver
11-27-2006, 03:10 PM
Our team is arguably in the most disarray of any team. Not to mention we have a tough schedule. I wouldn't discount it. If we were going to turn it around, we would've done it already. Right now there is only ten other teams with worse records than we do. We finished 2-6 last year, down the stretch, with less negative publicity.

ATLDirtyBirds
11-27-2006, 04:20 PM
CJ>Ginn>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jarett...

Shiver
11-27-2006, 04:32 PM
Ginn is all speed, no hands, no route running. Sounds like a fit here.. Yeah, obviously CJ > DJ, but we won't have the number one overall pick.

Paul
11-27-2006, 04:39 PM
CJ>Ginn>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jarett...

You don't need a burner who can run by people but has average hands, A guy like Jarrett can make that clutch catch. As seen in last years ND game and this years ND game. By far the upper tier of WR.

Shiver
11-27-2006, 04:50 PM
Ginn has 'workout warrior but a bust' written all over him.

diabsoule
11-27-2006, 05:27 PM
After watching both the USC/ND and Mich/OSU game I would have to say that Dwayne Jarrett is the more polished/refined receiver between him and Ted Ginn Jr.

I think that there is a distinct possibility that Atlanta could grab Jarret in the first round. He would vastly improve their WR's by giving them a guy who is a clutch receiver who has very soft hands and can make the difficult catch.

Shiver
11-27-2006, 05:29 PM
The only receiver I would be opposed to in the draft is Ted Ginn JR. He has speed, but his lack of soft hands, route running, scream bust to me.

Paul
11-27-2006, 05:42 PM
Would the Falcs trade 1st or 2nd rounder for one of the Bengals receivers. If the Bengals were up to it of course. This is total hypothetical.

Shiver
11-27-2006, 05:48 PM
If they want to get rid of Chris Henry, I would gladly take him. Not a first round pick, but a 2nd for sure.

2drama
11-27-2006, 06:12 PM
ATL need to leave the draft only on WR

make a trade for B edwards (browns)
a good free agent pickup

iloxygenil
11-27-2006, 11:32 PM
Reggie Nelson would be amazing...that's what I'm hoping for...Defense > Offense. I know it's frustrating not being able to score, but I want people to not even be able to sniff a first down against this team. Defense > offense...we don't need another first round WR...we need a WR who slips down in the draft...or is a mid round sleeper...much like Jerious Norwood.

iloxygenil
11-27-2006, 11:34 PM
I definately don't want DJ in ATL...however...his massive hands and ability would be a nice addition, I just don't want to spend that high of a pick on a WR again...we don't get good return for our investement at that position...even great college players don't pan out for us here in that position...I want Offensive and Defesive line help..as well as Secondary help...we saw what Vick AND the WRs could do if they had protection. OL is so vastly overrated...I can't stand it.

Shiver
11-28-2006, 01:47 AM
We need help at four positions:

OL
S
WR
DE

It's still early to determine who we will draft. All I know is we need to help Michael Vick out. With OL and WRs, a.s.a.p. No more of this "day 2 OL" BS. As for WR; while they were "1st round," Jenkins and White were both on the tail ends of a run, 6th taken from their position. Jenkins was technically our 2nd round pick.

d34ng3l021
11-28-2006, 03:58 AM
Well, unlike the Lions, our "1st round" receivers were late ones, both were the sixth of their position taken. If you have a shot at Dwayne Jarrett, he'd better be wearing Red and Black.

Really? Ive heard alot of people compare him to Mike Williams...Many WRs other than CJ have a major bust written on them. I would personally prefer a solid FA signing @ WR, but the best one we have a shot at is Drew Bennet, which is like a clone of Finneran. And I needa know more about Jarret. I doubt he creates too much seperation but as long as he can catch the ball, Ill be happy.

And dude. Our secondary. Where to begin. What are your opinions on Jimmy Williams? You think he will stay and CB? If not who are our options for the draft? And if he does...We needa get Reggie Nelson BADLY.

scar988
11-28-2006, 09:16 AM

OL
S
WR
DE

It's still early to determine who we will draft. All I know is we need to help Michael Vick out. With OL and WRs, a.s.a.p. No more of this "day 2 OL" BS. As for WR; while they were "1st round," Jenkins and White were both on the tail ends of a run, 6th taken from their position. Jenkins was technically our 2nd round pick.
I would have to say a good WR coach (bring in jerry Rice even) would make our WR's a whole lot better. And with rice already talking **** about our receivers why not bring him in so they can actually learn how to play the ******* game.

iloxygenil
11-28-2006, 10:36 AM

OL
S
WR
DE

I would have to say a good WR coach (bring in jerry Rice even) would make our WR's a whole lot better. And with rice already talking *********** about our receivers why not bring him in so they can actually learn how to play the *********** game.
I agree that coaching is a problem...and prolly the biggest problem we have...however Stewart may have ruined 3 first round WRs beyond repair...once the confidence is gone sometimes you just need a fresh start, and I'm afraid that's what has happened with our WRs. I just don't know what to do. It's definately too early to say who we will take because we don't know how high we will be picking. Honestly...if we end up with a 10th overall pick...AND can trade Schaub for another mid-early round first I say trade em both move up and get Calvin. 2 Firsts should be enough to move up to #1 (depending on who is up there and if Calvin declares) However...at the same time...it may be worth holding onto those 2 firsts...especially if we lose out...we could end up picking top 5 and have a shot at Calvin anyway...if he slips a couple picks...depending again on who is ahead of us in the draft...and then use that 2nd first round pick on a guy like Joe Staley to bolster our OL.

So many ways it could go. Honestly...if we can't win out...I'd rather lose out to better our team through the draft and to make SURE that our coaching staff is fired. I know it'd be crappy to lose every game for the rest of the season, but this team needs dramatic change...even early on when we were running teams into the ground...we haven't ever beat anyone convincingly since we pounded the hell out of the Panthers a few years ago. We need those kind of performances again...72 - 0 on the season vs 1 team...we need that. We need to shut teams out with defense and bury them with offense. I want Jerious to take over the primary back slot and allow Warrick to take on the Marshall Faulk type role in the offense...keeping his career preserved and extend it a couple years...and putting one of our best playmakers on the field more often.

Basically this is my dream offseason:
1.) Fire the entire coaching staff (except Joe D)
2.) somehow get Cowher from Pitt as a coach.
3.) Have an amazing draft including:
Offensive Line help
A Safety who can COVER (I STILL want to trade back our 4th round pick fro Crocker and pick Pat Watkins)
A Defensive end who can really get to the passer (Adams / Moses / Abimari)
a WR who can catch the ball (Calvin would be perfect, however, I don't care, I just want someone who can catch constantly...Samardjzdjasdlfjewiaoa would be fine...Sidney Rice...a lot of guys out there...but I really just want a consistant WR...doesn't even have to be a first round guy...someone like Greg Jennings last year who went round 2...that's the kind of guy we are looking for...or I am atleast
4.) Basically trash our current OL...and replace them with the big fattys who aren't "perfect" ZBS OL...kinda like Gandy...he's big...good at what he does...but doesn't fit the mold...I want someone who can hold up
5.) Bring TJ Duckett back to the ATL. Or draft Michael Bush

iloxygenil
11-28-2006, 06:15 PM
Anyone...

draftguru151
11-28-2006, 08:26 PM

OL
S
WR
DE

Nice sig.

How do you guys feel about getting Randy Moss?

Shiver
11-28-2006, 09:24 PM
U.G.H

throwback54milkman
11-28-2006, 09:42 PM
Hypothetical:

I know this will never happen but it's funny:

If the falcons drant Quentin Moses at DE, they will have Abraham and Moses at DEs, all they need is a guy named Isaac at DT and u got the torah offensive line

iloxygenil
11-28-2006, 10:51 PM
Hypothetical:

I know this will never happen but it's funny:

If the falcons drant Quentin Moses at DE, they will have Abraham and Moses at DEs, all they need is a guy named Isaac at DT and u got the torah offensive line
Way too many things wrong in this post lol...

Shiver
11-29-2006, 01:10 PM
Who wants to bet that Michael Vick has a huge game, and all will be forgiven, and the critics will all go away.. :lol:

bigbluedefense
11-29-2006, 01:12 PM
http://www.botop.com/f_2005_pics/bill%20valle/checkin%20lobby/group%20hug.jpg

raiderfan4life
11-29-2006, 02:20 PM
OAKLAND WOULD BE GOOD PLACE FOR VICK TO START FRESH

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/16119462.htm

Quote:
Here's something to picture as you look ahead to the offseason: Michael Vick in a Raiders jersey.A lot, namely a trade and a lot of salary cap details, will have to happen in the meantime. But this one makes perfect sense, and it may be just what the Raiders need to revive a franchise that's faltering.

The Falcons, who have given Vick every possible chance, will be willing to part with their quarterback. Despite his outrageous talent, he hasn't produced on any sort of consistent level and tensions are at an all-time high in the Falcons organization.

The crescendo may have come Sunday when Vick made an obscene gesture at Atlanta fans who ridiculed him as he walked off the field. The Falcons gladly would take draft picks for Vick, who clearly needs a fresh start.

And what better place for Vick than Oakland, where many a renegade has prospered?

Picture Vick throwing to Randy Moss. Picture Al Davis smiling again.

Even on his bad days, Vick would fit in Oakland. He could wave to fans who speak the same language.

Shiver
11-29-2006, 07:07 PM
Not going to happen.

I-B-EZ@21133
11-29-2006, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Here's something to picture as you look ahead to the offseason: Michael Vick in a Raiders jersey.A lot, namely a trade and a lot of salary cap details, will have to happen in the meantime. But this one makes perfect sense, and it may be just what the Raiders need to revive a franchise that's faltering.

The Falcons, who have given Vick every possible chance, will be willing to part with their quarterback. Despite his outrageous talent, he hasn't produced on any sort of consistent level and tensions are at an all-time high in the Falcons organization.

The crescendo may have come Sunday when Vick made an obscene gesture at Atlanta fans who ridiculed him as he walked off the field. The Falcons gladly would take draft picks for Vick, who clearly needs a fresh start.

And what better place for Vick than Oakland, where many a renegade has prospered?

Even on his bad days, Vick would fit in Oakland. He could wave to fans who speak the same language.

I can picture Vick throwing the ball to Randy Moss........in a Falcons Jesey of course.

iloxygenil
11-29-2006, 09:11 PM

Quote:

I can picture Moss throwing the ball to Randy Moss........in a Falcons Jesey of course.
Vick throwing the ball you mean?

Shiver
11-29-2006, 09:41 PM
Oxy, we need to start a Roddy White hate-club.

smittyjs
11-29-2006, 10:02 PM
http://i13.tinypic.com/3y5hd2u.jpg
http://i13.tinypic.com/3y5hd2u.jpg
No need to thank me :wink:

Shiver
11-29-2006, 10:04 PM
You're the best. :wink:

smittyjs
11-29-2006, 10:05 PM
You're the best. :wink:Hey it worked for us titans fan, when we did the same thing to Kerry Collins.... :lol:

Geo
11-29-2006, 10:40 PM
When the Falcons wrapped up their two-hour practice Wednesday, most of the players headed for the locker room. Roddy White, Michael Jenkins and Ashlie Lelie stayed behind to continue to work on improving. The Falcons' embattled receiving corps needed some extra work, especially after their dismal performance last weekend. The trio combined to drop five passes in a 31-13 loss to New Orleans; all of which would have gone for first downs, and White dropped what looked like a touchdown causing coach Jim Mora to drop to his knees in disappointment. "For anything to grow, it has to die," receivers coach George Stewart told the Associated Press. "Hopefully, we've gone as low as we can go, because it feels like we're at rock bottom."

Shiver
11-30-2006, 02:08 AM
When the Falcons wrapped up their two-hour practice Wednesday, most of the players headed for the locker room. Roddy White, Michael Jenkins and Ashlie Lelie stayed behind to continue to work on improving. The Falcons' embattled receiving corps needed some extra work, especially after their dismal performance last weekend. The trio combined to drop five passes in a 31-13 loss to New Orleans; all of which would have gone for first downs, and White dropped what looked like a touchdown causing coach Jim Mora to drop to his knees in disappointment. "For anything to grow, it has to die," receivers coach George Stewart told the Associated Press. "Hopefully, we've gone as low as we can go, because it feels like we're at rock bottom."

I can only hope they get it together, because 9-7 still makes it in the NFC.

iloxygenil
11-30-2006, 08:24 PM
Oxy, we need to start a Roddy White hate-club.
I'm in...I'll put that as my avatar =)

Shiver
12-01-2006, 02:11 PM
According to a FSN report: Blank has made his mind up about two of the three receivers. That they will be out of here, come next year. One of those was confirmed to be Asley Lelie, no clarification on the other one, but I assume it's Roddy White. At least Jenkins has off-set his drops with big time catches.

My take; When he told Siragusa that "we have three first round receivers who cannot catch," it's pretty clear he's fed up. Lelie and White haven't done jack all season. When you don't produce, like Jerry Rice, Joe Horn and Keyshawn Johnson have said about some of our receivers; "they need to find a new profession."

Also; Mort reported Mora may be fired if the Falcons lose to the Redskins this sunday.

It's pretty clear, Arthur Blank is not going to accept failure. He isn't going to accept mediocrity from his coaches. He isn't going to tolerate awful, lazy, and unproductive receivers taking his money.

ATLDirtyBirds
12-02-2006, 08:57 AM
TEDDY GINN JR FOR ATL'S NEXT WR!

Shiver
12-02-2006, 04:25 PM
TEDDY GINN JR FOR ATL'S NEXT WR!

I think I just threw up in my mouth. I have seen plenty of Ted Ginn Jr to know I don't want him.

ATLDirtyBirds
12-02-2006, 08:00 PM
Ginn= Steve Smith.

You know you want him.

Shiver
12-02-2006, 08:30 PM
Eh, not so much. In my opinion; Jarrett, Samardjiza, Meachem, Bowe > Ginn. Teddy is raw, mediocre at best at route running and has below average hands. His potential is through the roof, but he has "bust" written all over him. Definitely not the receiver help we need. We need a reliable, safe, no development time, sure handed one.

iloxygenil
12-03-2006, 12:24 AM
I like Ginn...but without 2 of those 3 WRs on the roster you can almost gaurentee a move up to pickup a WR...could we stake our draft on CJ? Could we move up that high to take him if he comes out? He's the only real playmaker I see in the draft at WR. Well...him and Ginn...Ginn's speed coupled with Vick's speed and Norwood's speed could be deadly as long as he can hold onto the ball when it's flying at him NFL style instead of college style. But who knows...maybe we sit right where we end up...concidering a few more losses and we're lookin at a top 5 pick...then who knows what we can get for Schaub. I would love to see a new coaching regime in here...even if Mora is allowed to stay as part of it...I want new OC and DC to say the least.

If we do let Lelie go as well as White we would still have Jenkins...Finn...Jennings...Youngblood...I'm only comfortable with 2 of those guys...I want a serious #1 WR. I'm not comfortable with either 1 as a #1 go to option for Vick.

IF we do lose out...and we end up with the #5 overall pick...where do we go? Gaines Adams would be a possibility...if Joe Thomas slips...CJ could go 5 depending on who has 1-4...Because of our position if CJ is drafted would we reach for a WR? I certainly hope not. If we end up with #5 and #15(from Schaub) could we get #1 and take CJ? OR could we stay...pickup Gaines...Thomas...Jarrett...and take Nelson at 15?

tomspanthers
12-03-2006, 12:33 AM
Jeff Samardzija would be a great fit with the falcons, I'd love to see them finally get a WR with good hands so Vick stops getting blamed for everything.

Shiver
12-03-2006, 01:52 AM
I like Ginn...but without 2 of those 3 WRs on the roster you can almost gaurentee a move up to pickup a WR...could we stake our draft on CJ? Could we move up that high to take him if he comes out? He's the only real playmaker I see in the draft at WR. Well...him and Ginn...Ginn's speed coupled with Vick's speed and Norwood's speed could be deadly as long as he can hold onto the ball when it's flying at him NFL style instead of college style. But who knows...maybe we sit right where we end up...concidering a few more losses and we're lookin at a top 5 pick...

I am not a fan of Ginn, truth be told. I think he's too raw. His success in the NFL is dependent upon him mastering route running and perfecting his hands. That thought scares me, and it definitely doesn't match what we would want I don't think.

If we do let Lelie go as well as White we would still have Jenkins...Finn...Jennings...Youngblood...I'm only comfortable with 2 of those guys...I want a serious #1 WR. I'm not comfortable with either 1 as a #1 go to option for Vick.

There is three options:

1. Get assurance from Randy Moss that he wants to play for Atlanta and will be content.

2. Draft a receiver with our high draft pick. Trade up for Calvin, or draft Jarrett or Samardjiza.

3. Sign Drew Bennett, maybe Jerry Porter if released.

IF we do lose out...and we end up with the #5 overall pick...where do we go? Gaines Adams would be a possibility...if Joe Thomas slips...CJ could go 5 depending on who has 1-4...Because of our position if CJ is drafted would we reach for a WR? I certainly hope not. If we end up with #5 and #15(from Schaub) could we get #1 and take CJ? OR could we stay...pickup Gaines...Thomas...Jarrett...and take Nelson at 15?

Imagine this scenario; we have a top-12 pick, if we finish let's say 6-10. We need a dominant, legit, Wide Receiver. A team in the top needs a franchise QB and they miss out on Quinn. We then trade our pick, Schaub and maybe a mid-pick to trade up to get Calvin and solve our conundrum at the position once and for all.

Otherwise, we just need an impact player. I have five positions in which we need some help:

1. Wide Receiver - This is oft-discussed, so no real need to repeat arguments verbatim. Obviously, the play of our late first guys, as well as Lelie have left a lot to be desired.

2. Defensive End - John Abraham is injury prone, Kerney is a free agent. The thing about Kerney, his play has diminished as of recently. Now he had a major injury and will be near 31 years old come next season. He's a solid, but unspectacular Defensive End. He won't be worth the price he'll command on a rusher-dry market. I don't think we will have a chance at Gaines Adams though. So maybe Abriamiri in the 2nd round.

3. Safety - We have two safeties that cannot cover. Which is death in the current framework of the NFL. A major reason we stand at bottom of the barrell in pass defense catergories. I would love to secure Laron Landry or Reggie Nelson and groom them to be ball-hawks in our secondary.

4. Running Back - A need that is not being given nearly enough attention. Warrick Dunn has been awful this season, with the exception of the first two games, when teams couldn't figure our our attack. As much as I love what Jerious Norwood brings to the table, he isn't built to be a feature back in the NFL. His predominant role is the be the '2' in a 1-2 punch with a inside the tackles runner. A rookie could definitely split time with Norwood and our rushing offense would be better, with the fresh legs.

5. Left Tackle - Wayne Gandy has been a fine stop-gap for us, but that's all he is, a band-aid. He going to be 36 years old very soon, which is something we don't want to have in this division. Frank Omiyale has the potential to be a fantastic LT, but I just am not sure how far along he is and if he'll ever become what his god-given tools say he should be. As for Quinn Ojinnaka, I think his best position is at Left Guard, where he'd make a fine tandem with Kynan Forney and solidify our interior. Maybe then we could move Matt Lehr inside to replace Todd McClure.

As for our future head coach, which is a when, not if due to Blank's comments. The only candidate I've thought about is Cam Cameron. He's been the San Diego Chargers OC, which has been one of the best offenses of the past three seasons. He also coached Indiana before that. He played under Bob Knight and Lee Corse in college, so he has good role models. His mentality, unlike rah-rah Mora, would better suite consistency. I watch every single Chargers game, he's built that offense around making mismatches. In Atlanta he'd already have one piece to the Chargers puzzle in Alge Crumpler, like Gates, he could move Crumpler to several different positions to dictate match-ups. His style of matchups would indicate that'd he would base the offense around Vick's talents. In fact, the Chargers run the routes Vick was proficient at when he played under Reeves.

21ST
12-03-2006, 09:06 AM
Good luck, you guys are going to need it

Draft King
12-03-2006, 11:39 AM
Good luck, you guys are going to need it

We'll see about that, it will be interesting to see how T.J. Duckett does against his former team with the limited amount of carries he gets.

YoJoeBucsFan
12-03-2006, 01:00 PM
Looks like the Falcons season is over.

ATLDirtyBirds
12-03-2006, 01:29 PM
Yes it does... but it looks like we could be sitting pretty with CJ or Jarret as our #1 and Nelson or Landry in the backfield

Shiver
12-03-2006, 01:30 PM
Not so fast my friend...

http://www.willisms.com/archives/leecorso.gif

Shiver
12-03-2006, 03:26 PM
Were back in buisness. In the NFC, 9-7 makes the playoffs, so I think were good to go.

Shiver
12-03-2006, 07:13 PM
Jenkins really showed me something. He's the only receiver I like, and Vick obviously trusts him. As seen in the 'screw Knapp's call, you go for the TD' improv.

iloxygenil
12-03-2006, 08:25 PM
What happened...when did this team get good again?

Draft King
12-03-2006, 08:32 PM
Moving onto next week.... the Bucs are clearly a weak team and this should be an easy W for the Falcons. After that I think we have the Panthers which should be a tough game, but I think we can get it done at home. I think we then lose to Dallas, and come back beating Philadelphia in the closing game of the season, making the playoffs as a wildcard.

Shiver
12-03-2006, 08:36 PM
We have two easy games, albeit on the road left. Our two hard games come at home.

YoJoeBucsFan
12-03-2006, 08:37 PM
The Bucs are horrible.. but we have beaten the Falcons when we have been horrible at home.

sweetness34
12-03-2006, 08:44 PM
We have two easy games, albeit on the road left. Our two hard games come at home.

Easy and Atlanta do not belong in the same sentence, sorry to say. Talented team but mightily inconsistent. You lost to the friggin Lions man.

Shiver
12-03-2006, 09:04 PM
Touche.

diabsoule
12-03-2006, 09:04 PM
I think ATL is going to finish second in the NFC South right behind New Orleans.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-04-2006, 12:11 AM
Wow Jerious Norwood was a great pickup.

Shiver
12-04-2006, 12:14 AM
He is dynamite. Not only is he an explosive runner, but he's tougher between the tackles than you would think. We need to up his carries, while reducing Dunn's.

Shiver
12-04-2006, 12:47 AM
I wouldn't how the media is going to react to the "overcoming the coaching" line by Vick. :shock: It's been obvious to me, that Knapp and Vick do not get along. Because of the constant, yet subtle, jabs Vick has taken towards Knapp over the past year or so. He's right though, when I saw that formation I knew what the play was from my couch, so did the Redskins defenders. Greg Cosell of NFL Films said that defensive players say that the Falcons are the most predictable offense in the NFL. Knapp has to go, Mora can stay.

iloxygenil
12-04-2006, 02:14 AM
I can't wait for Knapp to be gone...that will make me SO happy! SOOOO happy...take Stewart with ya. I know Mora was trying to do the good ol boy network...but that just doesn't work anymore...I'm glad he was loyal...but enough is enough...I'm sick of it.

iloxygenil
12-04-2006, 02:17 AM
Wow Jerious Norwood was a great pickup.
yeah, he's nasty. The best part about him is is strength, yeah, he's prolly one of the if not the fastest RB in the NFL, but his strength is SO surprising. I love watching him take on defenders, run them over, and NEVER go down on the hits on the sideline...defenders fall...but not Jerious. I was SHOCKED when I saw him running against Carolina in game 1. I mean he was good in preseason, but that run when he was making 4 yard runs into 12 yard runs...man...that's what I love to see...4 yard loss becomes a touchdown...I think it was...maybe it was just a first down, but he should have been down in the redzone but he's a fighter...gotta love it.

Shiver
12-04-2006, 11:59 AM
Roddy White was in the dog-house for yesterday's game. Like reported earlier, it seems like the only receiver the QB, coach and owner trust is Jenkins.

Geo
12-04-2006, 12:05 PM
He is dynamite. Not only is he an explosive runner, but he's tougher between the tackles than you would think. We need to up his carries, while reducing Dunn's.
I thought Dunn would hold him off for this season, though I desperately hoped the coaches would utilize Norwood in the passing game as a short but effective option for Vick, but Norwood should be given a healthy amount of touches for this team.

ATLDirtyBirds
12-04-2006, 03:56 PM
Norwood is my man. I've been telling you guys he's more than a 3rd down.. only 20 carries a game back. Kids got some mad skills. In fact he and Vick are so damn good... I'm working on a sig with both of them in it.

iloxygenil
12-04-2006, 04:30 PM
Norwood is most definately sick. I am VERY happy we drafted him, I never thought in my wildest dreams he would have been such a tough runner.

2drama
12-04-2006, 11:04 PM
thank you eagles for your victory

a 4 way tie

ATL still has a chance

mpt117
12-04-2006, 11:32 PM
has jimmy williams seen the field yet? was my fav corner going into the draft and wondering how he was doing

Shiver
12-05-2006, 01:16 AM
He played a bit early, but he's faced a high ankle sprain and hasn't really hit the field.

iloxygenil
12-05-2006, 02:10 AM
We're hoping he'll hit the field Sunday.

Oh and I know this doesn't go here, but what do you guys think of my new sig?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/iloxygenil/CalvinJohnson.png

ATLDirtyBirds
12-05-2006, 12:57 PM
I don't come here very often.. so if someone wants to sport this.. just mention my name.

http://img1.imagetitan.com/img1/1/37/jeriousandmikecopy.png

Addict
12-05-2006, 02:33 PM
We're hoping he'll hit the field Sunday.

Oh and I know this doesn't go here, but what do you guys think of my new sig?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/iloxygenil/CalvinJohnson.png

I think it looks good.

2drama
12-06-2006, 06:22 PM
lets discuss what ATL needs to do to beat the Bucs

ATL secondary needs to show up
Norwood , Dunn & Vick need to run the ball
Vick need to have no turnover
WR's need to catch the ball no drops
ATL defense need to kill the Bucs running game

Shiver
12-06-2006, 09:21 PM
I'm not too concerned this game, the team would have to lay an egg, for us to lose to the bucs in the state they're in now.

iloxygenil
12-06-2006, 11:44 PM
There is only 1 thing the Falcons need to do to wni this game. Score more points than the Bucs. I don't care, I would like to dominate them, but I don't know if that will happen. I would love to sweep them AND Carolina this year. That would set us up nicely for looking into the playoff picture.

iloxygenil
12-06-2006, 11:44 PM
stupid double posts...

iloxygenil
12-07-2006, 01:24 PM
I'm thinkin we could have a huge win here...if we can pound our rivals into the ground this week, which we should be able to do, then if we can take momentum into the Cowboys game and knock them off then we're lookin at playoffs in ATL. Going to be a lot of fun if we can do it. Get our momentum at the right time...going to be an amazing run if we pull it off.

diabsoule
12-07-2006, 01:42 PM
You guys should beat the Bucs. I don't see any reason why you won't.

Shiver
12-08-2006, 01:23 AM
To lose to the Bucs, we'd have to implode.

d34ng3l021
12-08-2006, 01:46 AM
You guys should beat the Bucs. I don't see any reason why you won't.

And so you saw reasons as to why we lost to the Lions and Browns?

Sigh. Its the Falcons we are talking about here.

Shiver
12-08-2006, 01:25 PM
Well, the Lions did come off of a bye week, that extra time helped them. But yeah, there is no way we should've lost to the Browns.

iloxygenil
12-08-2006, 09:27 PM
Alright...I know it's a long way away...but do you guys think that Nelson will have the chance to slip to us in the draft? I mean I really can't think of anyone else I'd rather have in the secondary, so I'm sure there are a lot of teams that have him topping their list of desires...

Shiver
12-09-2006, 12:14 AM
Depends on how we finish this year. :lol: Honestly, we will have a shot at one of the good safties. If not, we can go BPA. I love Nelson though, but I think his stock is going to keep going up.

iloxygenil
12-09-2006, 12:20 AM
Depends on how we finish this year. :lol: Honestly, we will have a shot at one of the good safties. If not, we can go BPA. I love Nelson though, but I think his stock is going to keep going up.
That's what I'm afraid of. I really would love him in the red and black though.

Shiver
12-09-2006, 01:38 AM
Ugh, the Footballs Future forum reminds me of this forum before I beat the Vick haters into submission. That forum gives me a headache. One guy honestly feels that Vick is the worst starting QB in the NFL.

:roll:

I am never taking this place for granted. :lol:

ATLDirtyBirds
12-09-2006, 09:28 AM
Landry>>>Nelson.

Shiver
12-09-2006, 02:44 PM
Well, last year several had Ko Simpson > Donte Whitner, we all saw how that turned out.

ATLDirtyBirds
12-09-2006, 04:49 PM
Well, last year several had Ko Simpson > Donte Whitner, we all saw how that turned out.

Yes. But not >>>. :P

d34ng3l021
12-10-2006, 01:03 PM

Well both are terrific safeties. Lucky Bills.

AlexDown
12-10-2006, 03:05 PM
When Abe is healthy, he is one of the best.

Flyboy
12-10-2006, 03:07 PM

Didn't they both get drafted by the Bills?

Shiver
12-10-2006, 03:55 PM
Thoughts on today's victory;

Pretty ho-hum by the offense.
Very nice performance by the defense.
Phillip Buchannon played the ball better than Ashley Lelie did on the fade in the end-zone, afterwards Vick was furious.
This game is evidence enough of why I wanted to see more use of Griffith in the first place, especially in the Red Zone.
At least we only had one dropped pass.
Jimmy Williams was huge today, he was fantastic, I hope he can stay healthy.
Man did we miss John Abraham.
Hopefully Dunn and Norwood aren't seriously injured.

Now on to our hardest game yet, the Cowboys.

Shiver
12-10-2006, 04:46 PM

Well a couple of Falcons fans wanted us to draft Ko Simpson with the 15th pick in the draft last year.

iloxygenil
12-10-2006, 05:43 PM

Well a couple of Falcons fans wanted us to draft Ko Simpson with the 15th pick in the draft last year.
I would have slapped them for drafting him at #15. This team is starting to lure me back in to making me thinking they could cause some problems if they make the playoffs...if Dunn and Norwood aren't hurt too seriously.

If we had the 15th pick last season look at my sig to see who our pick should have been.

Shiver
12-10-2006, 06:30 PM
Jimmy Williams' good play is excellent, we need him, especially in the next two weeks against the Cowboys' receivers and Panthers' receivers.

Shiver
12-10-2006, 06:35 PM
The Falcons only dropped two passes, and Vick had 60% completion percentage....

hmmm

Even then, analysts are ripping Ashley Lelie for the "Vick" interception.

Draft King
12-10-2006, 07:04 PM
Glad to see DeAngelo Hall is playing shutdown football once again, we really need him to be at his best to win. Also, Jimmy Williams appeared to play extremely well, and like DeAngelo Hall, basically shut down his side, if they play like this the next couple weeks I'll be very pleased. Good game by Ashley Lelie, 1 dropped pass at the start and after that caught everything thrown his way.

Shiver
12-10-2006, 08:50 PM
Derrick Brooks on Michael Vick:

On if he was surprised QB Michael Vick didn't try to run as much

"Yes, I think we defensed him well, and when he did, we had three or four guys around him. I think we set a good tone with some hits and he didn't want to get hit that much. He did a good job of protecting the ball because in the past he'd try to stick a throw in there and we'd get it. This time he threw the ball away or he'd lay down and take the sack which didn't allow us to get any hits on him. So that is a maturation in terms of how he plays us because we didn't really get a lot of hits on him today. But in the past we did. I give him credit for that."

scar988
12-11-2006, 07:35 AM
let me just say this, our offense needs to pass more when we have our 2 top RB's out. Also, It would be great to see Sidney Rice in a Falcons jersey. if he were to come out this year and somehow slip to our 2nd rounder and we get 2 first rounders and wind up with Reggie Nelson and Quentin Moses with those, I would be happy as hell on draft day. Also, in the next 2 weeks we have very winnable games. Carolina is 6-7 and Dallas is 8-5. both only a 1 game difference from us. IMO we need to go to a man defense with Jimmy and Deangelo. against Dallas use this:
Terrell Owens - Jimmy Williams (TO isn't as fast as he used to be and Jimmy and TO have the size closeness but Jimmy can play TO rough and shut him down.)
Terry Glenn - Deangelo Hall (speed vs. speed.)

then against Carolina use the same size vs. size and speed vs. speed principle:
Steve Smith - Deangelo Hall
Keyshawn Johnson - Jimmy Williams
I think this is why we took Jimmy Williams. now that he is fully healthy it wouldn't surprise me if he took the starting job from Webster outright.