PDA

View Full Version : Who will have the #1 pick in 2008???

JMiah
05-08-2007, 10:48 AM
Who do you think will end up with the worst record this year in the NFL, thus having the #1 pick in the draft next year (unless you are the Browns, thus the Cowboys get it...)

And... who will they take?

Acreboy
05-08-2007, 10:51 AM
Texans, McFadden

ricky bobby
05-08-2007, 10:52 AM
I think the bucs might get it. They are going to be in a rebuilding mode for another year. I have a feeling the redskins will be up there also.

fenikz
05-08-2007, 10:54 AM
Dolphins, Brohmn

Nightmares Win 6-0
05-08-2007, 10:58 AM
with the first selection of the 2008 nfl draft, the miami dolphins select brain brohm, qb, university of louisville...

terribletowel39
05-08-2007, 11:15 AM
i think that dallas already has the best end of the deal they made with the browns but it becomes everybodys opinion when the dallas cowboys select #1 overall and pick up mcfadden to team with barber and finally kick out jones.

JoeMontainya
05-08-2007, 11:26 AM
i think that dallas already has the best end of the deal they made with the browns but it becomes everybodys opinion when the dallas cowboys select #1 overall and pick up mcfadden to team with barber and finally kick out jones.

How can the Browns honestly have the #1 overall pick next year? We got tons better as a team and our schedule on paper is alot easier?

If Quinn was in the 2008 draft he would have easily been the #1 QB with little arguement. #1 QB's almost allways go #1 overall, and next years draft doesnt appear to be very talented yet. We basically traded away a pick next year that wont be #1 overall, but got #1 overall quality in a player compared to next years draft. And it only cost us a 2nd round pick to get our guy earlier than exspected. We also traded again with the Cowboys to get back into the 2nd round and got a top 3 cb, maybe #1 CB overall if he didnt have concerns.

thebow305
05-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Dolphins, Brohmn

Hey, I resent that notion! :(

Cowboys (via Browns)

J-ville might be high up there too.

P-L
05-08-2007, 11:30 AM
I don't think the Browns will get the #1 pick next year. I just think too many people are caught up in this Jerry Jones / Darren McFadden connection. I could see the Browns picking top 5 again, but I think their record will improve by at least a game or two.

terribletowel39
05-08-2007, 11:33 AM
How can the Browns honestly have the #1 overall pick next year? We got tons better as a team and our schedule on paper is alot easier?

If Quinn was in the 2008 draft he would have easily been the #1 QB with little arguement. #1 QB's almost allways go #1 overall, and next years draft doesnt appear to be very talented yet. We basically traded away a pick next year that wont be #1 overall, but got #1 overall quality in a player compared to next years draft. And it only cost us a 2nd round pick to get our guy earlier than exspected. We also traded again with the Cowboys to get back into the 2nd round and got a top 3 cb, maybe #1 CB overall if he didnt have concerns.
because you play in the toughest division in football and all the other teams in your division are better than you. and granted the AFC North schedule this year is against mediocre talent, i still believe you won't do very good. no matter who starts you are starting a rookie. Frye is no better than Quinn and Quinn is a rookie, you can't expect him to be Big Ben can you?? :D

terribletowel39
05-08-2007, 11:38 AM
what connection does Jones have with McFadden?? I was just thinking that he will be the best prospect and with Jones sucking it up again, that would be who it would pick.

JoeMontainya
05-08-2007, 11:39 AM
"Frye is no better than Quinn and Quinn is a rookie, you can't expect him to be Big Ben can you?? "

The same Big Ben that still hasnt shown he can be the same player with great leaders like Bettis etc...?

The same Big Ben that threw 23 INT's?

The same Big Ben that is going into his 4rth season and hasnt played a full season yet?

The same Big Ben that critisized Cowher, like he had nothing to do with the teams succees?

Big Ben hasnt thrown more than 18 TD's in a year yet, hes simply a product of a run oriented system. Hes losing team leaders one by one and noone knows if he can even be half the leader manning and Brady are, etc....

Roethleserger played in conservative offenses for the passing game. His first 2 years in the league he threw about 280 passes a year, thats nothin!

When the Steelers unleashed him for 469 attempts last year he got badly exsposed and deffenses learn how his weaknesses effected the game. Hes nothing IMO.

Fact is when the Steelers relied on solid RB's, they won the games. When teams force Ben into throwing, the Steelers more than likly lose.

Acreboy
05-08-2007, 11:43 AM
The same Big Ben that threw 23 INT's?

The same Big Ben that still going into his 4rth year as a QB hasnt played a full season?
I'm getting tired of saying that Ben shouldn't have even played 1 snap last season. Cowher refused to sit him.

Why don't you go out, get your head cracked open, then have an emergecy appendectomy and go and try and play like an All-Pro.

terribletowel39
05-08-2007, 11:43 AM
yea that one. the one that also in one season got us 15 wins which i don't believe the browns have had in total in the last 5 yrs. that guy. the one that also led us to the superbowl. yea that big ben. the one that led the steelers to a 41-0 shutout against some team back in 05. yea that horrible QB.

JoeMontainya
05-08-2007, 11:46 AM
I'm getting tired of saying that Ben shouldn't have even played 1 snap last season. Cowher refused to sit him.

Big Ben was quoted himself as saying he did not want to miss any playing time. It had nothing to do with Cower. Bens apendectomy is the same thing Hines Ward went threw acouple seasons ago and was fine after 2 weeks. The average emergency apendectomy has a max recovery rate of 3-4 weeks, but every steeler fans insist it messed him up the entire year. When Ben had all that time to throw from a solid OL, he let some pretty ugly INT's fly around that were mainly his own fault.

-black
05-08-2007, 11:46 AM
um, if the Bucs were "rebuilding" they would have taken a QB or cut ties with their veteran players. The Bucs wont have the number 1 pick. A team more likely to have it is Miami or Buffalo......or depending on LJ maybe even the Cheifs

JoeMontainya
05-08-2007, 11:48 AM
yea that one. the one that also in one season got us 15 wins which i don't believe the browns have had in total in the last 5 yrs. that guy. the one that also led us to the superbowl. yea that big ben. the one that led the steelers to a 41-0 shutout against some team back in 05. yea that horrible QB.

Every NFL fan knows Ben didnt win the Steelers 15 games. Even Charlie Batch played better and got wins for the Steelers before. That team had a great deffense and the best running attack in the NFl arguably. Those are 2 ingredients to winning games, and thats exactly what the steelers did. Big Ben had the least amount of pass attempys of any QB in the NFL that played in over 14 games, whats that tell you? The wins werent on him, they were on D and great RB's/coaching.

Acreboy
05-08-2007, 11:49 AM
Big Ben was quoted himself as saying he did not want to miss any playing time. It had nothing to do with Cower. Bens apendectomy is the same thing Hines Ward went threw acouple seasons ago and was fine after 2 weeks. The average emergency apendectomy has a max recovery rate of 3-4 weeks, but every steeler fans insist it messed him up the entire year. When Ben had all that time to throw from a solid OL, he let some pretty ugly INT's fly around that were mainly his own fault.So if anything it shows he's a warrior. Go ahead and knock him for being a warrior and wanting to help his team win. Maybe he was too naive to realize that sitting the season out was helping his team because he would have been healing but so what he's a warrior and I dare you to attack him for being a warrior. I mean take into the fact that he almost died. That's what messed him up, not the appendectomy, that did affect him though.

Every NFL fan knows Ben didnt win the Steelers 15 games. Even Charlie Batch played better and got wins for the Steelers before. That team had a great deffense and the best running attack in the NFl arguably. Those are 2 ingredients to winning games, and thats exactly what the steelers did. Big Ben had the least amount of pass attempys of any QB in the NFL that played in over 14 games, whats that tell you? The wins werent on him, they were on D and great RB's/coaching.Tom Brady doesn't win games, he manages them. Your point is?

You could say the same thing about the Pats. Brady doesn't win games, he just doesn't lose them. Thats what the Pats have and do and they get praised while if the same thing would have happened to Brady he'd have an excuse. I'm almost sure of it.

JoeMontainya
05-08-2007, 11:50 AM
"So if anything it shows he's a warrior. Go ahead and knock him for being a warrior and wanting to help his team win."

OMG did not every Steeler fan in the world knock Winslow for claiming to be a "soldier", but for some reason they claim Ben to be a "warrior", such a funny day.

Did they not have simular motorcycle wrecks?

terribletowel39
05-08-2007, 11:55 AM
Every NFL fan knows Ben didnt win the Steelers 15 games. Even Charlie Batch played better and got wins for the Steelers before. That team had a great deffense and the best running attack in the NFl arguably. Those are 2 ingredients to winning games, and thats exactly what the steelers did. Big Ben had the least amount of pass attempys of any QB in the NFL that played in over 14 games, whats that tell you? The wins werent on him, they were on D and great RB's/coaching.
did he lose them for the team?? the QB touches 99.9% of every offensive snap. he helped in the wins. it doesn't matter if he had the least amount of attempts. he was the starting QB for all of those wins. and don't act like Charlie Batch isn't the best backup QB in the league. he could start for lots of teams in the league and be an upgrade over there QB.

JoeMontainya
05-08-2007, 11:57 AM
did he lose them for the team?? the QB touches 99.9% of every offensive snap. he helped in the wins. it doesn't matter if he had the least amount of attempts. he was the starting QB for all of those wins. and don't act like Charlie Batch isn't the best backup QB in the league. he could start for lots of teams in the league and be an upgrade over there QB.

You know im not saying that.

Your trying to say he won 15 games for the Steelers. He was simply the QB on a great team, theres about 15 NFL QB's at the time that would have did the same thing, including Charlie Batch lol.

Manning wins his team 5 plus games a year, Brady does the same, Roethlesberger doesnt and did not when they won the superbowl.

"and don't act like Charlie Batch isn't the best backup QB in the league. he could start for lots of teams in the league and be an upgrade over there QB."

Ok buddy, lots of teams huh? Name me 3 of them where the team would actually want Charlie to start?

Xonraider
05-08-2007, 12:01 PM
So if anything it shows he's a warrior. Go ahead and knock him for being a warrior and wanting to help his team win. Maybe he was too naive to realize that sitting the season out was helping his team because he would have been healing but so what he's a warrior and I dare you to attack him for being a warrior. I mean take into the fact that he almost died. That's what messed him up, not the appendectomy, that did affect him though.

Tom Brady doesn't win games, he manages them. Your point is?

You could say the same thing about the Pats. Brady doesn't win games, he just doesn't lose them. Thats what the Pats have and do and they get praised while if the same thing would have happened to Brady he'd have an excuse. I'm almost sure of it.

Brady knows how to lead his offense in the clutch. He wins the close games for NE.

Acreboy
05-08-2007, 12:01 PM
Manning wins his team 5 plus games a year, Brady does the same, Roethlesberger doesnt and did not when they won the superbowl.

Brady does not win games as I previously stated. He manages them

Ok buddy, lots of teams huh? Name me 3 of them where the team would actually want Charlie to start?
As of right now? Dolphins, Vikings, Lions

Brady knows how to lead his offense in the clutch. He wins the close games for NE.
I haveto disagree. He doesn't win them, he just doesn't lose them.

757Dawg
05-08-2007, 12:02 PM
Anyone thinking the Browns are picking #1 next year is, to be frank, clueless.

Since 2003, the team picking #1 overall did so by winning 2, 4, 2, 2, and 2 games respectively.

So odds are, we'd actually have to match our 1999-2000 marks when we had just arrived back in the league. I can tell you right now, that ain't gonna happen.

ANYWAYS.....

With the 1st overall pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, the Houston Texans select...Darren McFadden, running back, Arkansas.

terribletowel39
05-08-2007, 12:02 PM
"So if anything it shows he's a warrior. Go ahead and knock him for being a warrior and wanting to help his team win."

OMG did not every Steeler fan in the world knock Winslow for claiming to be a "soldier", but for some reason they claim Ben to be a "warrior", such a funny day.

Did they not have simular motorcycle wrecks?
no they were not simuliar. big ben's head slammed into the side of a car. winslows leg got hurt but rolling around on concrete. i would choose to roll around on concrete anyday.

Xonraider
05-08-2007, 12:05 PM

What about the two super bowls he led the offense down the field for a Field Goal? Many of the games are thanks to him. If it wasn't for him, the Pats would not be a franchise. IMO.

JT Jag
05-08-2007, 12:07 PM
Hey, I resent that notion! :(

Cowboys (via Browns)

J-ville might be high up there too.The Jaguars--- universally believed to have a great young defense and very good depth at most positions--- go 8-8 ONCE (Due to injuries and inconsistency, not lack of talent, which is what nets you the high picks) and now everyone projects them to totally collapse.

I don't get it.

757Dawg
05-08-2007, 12:07 PM
WOW.

Tom Brady's just a game manager? He doesn't win games, he just doesn't lose them?

You're an idiot. Excuse me for being so blunt, but this statement is beyond ridiculous.

You don't win three of four Super Bowls by just being a 'game manager.' Tom Brady has the rare ability to make everyone that plays with him better.

Bottom line, he gets the job done and wins football games. He doesn't just cower and make the low risk, low reward plays hoping he doesn't blow it. He takes shots down field, he makes the tough plays. Dude puts that team on his shoulders and has routinely gotten the job done.

And one more thing, I guess he wasn't responsible for leading the Patriots down field to set up game winning field goals in two Super Bowls. He wasn't trying to win those games, he was just making sure he didn't lose them. Give me a break.

JoeMontainya
05-08-2007, 12:11 PM
"As of right now? Dolphins, Vikings, Lions"
Vikings did not let Brad Johnson walk and not draft Quinn because they believe jackson is a bum. Most teams would play Jackson over Batch.

You would honestly play batch over Kitna who threw for over 4,000 yards with a bad OL last year?

Im not even going to comment on your reply to Tom Brady, just plain stupid and ignorant.

And Big Ben didnt miss much game time, he just got a concusion and a cut on his head that got stitches. And you try to say he almost died? It wasnt that bad. Winslow missed over a year with a badly torn knee and broken bones. What did a cut on bens face and a surjury with a max recovery rate of 4 weeks have to do with him throwing so many INT's late in the year when the Steelers choked? Winslow sure played well this year :)

Acreboy
05-08-2007, 12:15 PM
What about the two super bowls he led the offense down the field for a Field Goal? Many of the games are thanks to him. If it wasn't for him, the Pats would not be a franchise. IMO.Adam Viniteri (sp) says hi

"As of right now? Dolphins, Vikings, Lions"
Vikings did not let Brad Johnson walk and not draft Quinn because they believe jackson is a bum. Most teams would play Jackson over Batch.

You would honestly play batch over Kitna who threw for over 4,000 yards with a bad OL last year?

Im not even going to comment on your reply to Tom Brady, just plain stupid and ignorant.

And Big Ben didnt miss much game time, he just got a concusion and a cut on his head that got stitches. And you try to say he almost died? It wasnt that bad. Winslow missed over a year with a badly torn knee and broken bones. What did a cut on bens face and a surjury with a max recovery rate of 4 weeks have to do with him throwing so many INT's late in the year when the Steelers choked? Winslow sure played well this year :)
It's easy, I could just chuck the ball up at Roy Williams. Geez.

Xonraider
05-08-2007, 12:19 PM
Adam Viniteri (sp) says hi.

He didnt drive his team down the field, did he?

Acreboy
05-08-2007, 12:21 PM

Fact is only 1 QB wins games for his team and thats Payton Manning. Brady has always had the defense. Manning never did.

Bledsoe could have driven them down the field.

JoeMontainya
05-08-2007, 12:23 PM
Fact is only 1 QB wins games for his team and thats Payton Manning. Brady has always had the defense. Manning never did.

this is why you should leave this thread. Honestly Bledsoe? Then you prefer Charlie Batch over Jon Kitna? Then bashing to Bradys skills like this? Then claiming Big Ben won those games. brett favre doesnt win games?

P-L
05-08-2007, 12:24 PM
Did April Fool's Day come late this year? Tom Brady is a "game manager." You have got to be kidding me.

757Dawg
05-08-2007, 12:24 PM
Hilarious.

I really hope you're continuing this 'debate' just for the sake of argument and don't actually believe the nonsense you're spouting.

P-L
05-08-2007, 12:26 PM

Manning has always had a HOF caliber receiver on one side, and one of the best #2 receivers in football on the other side. And up until last year, he had an elite RB behind him. Brady never did.

Bigburt63
05-08-2007, 12:26 PM

I am a big fan of bledsoe, but there is no way he could have driven his team down the field like brady did. and the fact remians that brady takes lesser receivers than manning and wins games with them (caldwell +gaffney vs. harrison +wayne....are you serious?)

Acreboy
05-08-2007, 12:27 PM
this is why you should leave this thread. Honestly Bledsoe? Then you prefer Charlie Batch over Jon Kitna? Then bashing to Bradys skills like this? Then claiming Big Ben won those games.Dude, with the weapons Brady had on the offensive and defensive side of the ball all he had to do was not make mistakes. He wasn't forced to throw a TD to win the game or get the ball closer than it was. He had the best kicker in the league and just barely needed to get the ball in his range.

Come on man, Brady is good, he's not God. Not saying your calling him that either so don't go on a fit saying I put words in your mouth.

When did I say Big Ben won those games? I challenge you to find one quote that I said he won those games. I said he didn't lose them. There's a difference between winning games and not losing them.

I'll leave when you give Ben the respect he's earned. That ring he has saying SB champs is deserving of respect.

JoeMontainya
05-08-2007, 12:27 PM
PS - sorry to the original poster for ruining your thread with this junk.

i think the Texans will have the #1 overall pick, with the Dolphins, Raiders or Titans believe it or not, close in the mix. Vince Young lost almost all his key offensive positions from last year and his RB is 260 lbs.

JoeMontainya
05-08-2007, 12:30 PM
Manning has always had a HOF caliber receiver on one side, and one of the best #2 receivers in football on the other side. And up until last year, he had an elite RB behind him. Brady never did.

to mannings deffense he is putting up some historical seasons and usually calls his own plays. Tom Brady had a great O-cordinator that did that for him back with Charlie Weiss. Manning has Tom Moore, but Manning calls more than 50% of the plays, including all within 2 minute drills where he is dominate, much like Brady. There both killer QB's. But to be fair to Payton, Brady could suck a game up and his deffense would still get the win for him. If Manning screws up, more than likely they lose.

Xonraider
05-08-2007, 12:30 PM

At that moment no other QB could have driven his team against that Panthers D, IMO. Against the Rams, I don't think many QBs could have kept up with that offense.

Shiver
05-08-2007, 12:32 PM
Tennessee, and here is why:

1. Lack of supporting cast to help Vince Young. They lost Travis Henry, and likely Chris Brown, at Running Back. To replace them they have to entrust LenDale White as the feature back. They also took Chris Henry, a prototype workout warrior, in the draft.

At Wide Receiver they lost Drew Bennett and Bobby Wade. Their two leading receivers from last year. The only receiver they added on day-1 was Fresno State underachiever Paul Williams.

2. On defense they also took a few hits. Mostly because they lost Adam Jones, who played at a pro-bowl caliber level last year. I don't get drafting Michael Griffin, with the intention to move him to corner. If you want a corner I would think taking Aaron Ross, Chris Houston, would have been the better alternative.

http://www.nypress.com/images/madden08.jpg

Nuff said

4. They won a lot of the games last year, in strange, fluke ways. Things like: 60 yard field goals, D/ST touchdowns against Jacksonville, McNabb getting injured, crazy stuff like that. I cannot see luck being that favorable on them again.

Acreboy
05-08-2007, 12:32 PM
At that moment no other QB could have driven his team against that Panthers D, IMO. Against the Rams, I don't think many QBs could have kept up with that offense.Carson Palmer, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning. Not many, but some.

http://www.nypress.com/images/madden08.jpgCan't argue with logic. Seriously.

JoeMontainya
05-08-2007, 12:35 PM
Carson Palmer, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning. Not many, but some.

Can't argue with logic. Seriously.

Doesnt that go against your previous opinion that ONLY manning can win games. You just said Palmer and Brees also could? Im not trying to rip you anymore, just confused....

VoteLynnSwan
05-08-2007, 12:36 PM
Carson Palmer, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning. Not many, but some.

Can't argue with logic. Seriously.

so you're admitting now that Tom Brady is at least the 4th best quarterback in the NFL... yet he is only a game manager. What does that say about the rest of the league's quarterbacks?

Acreboy
05-08-2007, 12:38 PM
Doesnt that go against your previous opinion that ONLY manning can win games. You just said Palmer and Brees also could? Im not trying to rip you anymore, just confused....What I stated was that Manning can win games. Moving the ball down the field into FG range is not winning the game. Kicking the game winning FG is winning the game.

All the QB's I named could move the ball down the field. I never said they could win the game.

JoeMontainya
05-08-2007, 12:38 PM
"I'll leave when you give Ben the respect he's earned. That ring he has saying SB champs is deserving of respect."

I dont really want you to leave, just be realistic. Give Ben props? Dont get me wrong here, Im a Browns fan and really really like Big Ben. hes from Findlay, about 10-15 minutes from my home town. That alone made me follow his career and root for him. You dont know how much i was crushed when the Squellers drafted him. Even tho I like him it doesnt mean he deserves all that credit. You willing to take credit away from Tom Brady, but not willing to do the same to Big Ben? what gives....

JoeMontainya
05-08-2007, 12:40 PM
What I stated was that Manning can win games. Moving the ball down the field into FG range is not winning the game. Kicking the game winning FG is winning the game.

All the QB's I named could move the ball down the field. I never said they could win the game.

The only reason the kicker does it, is because the time runs out and the QB no longer can work the magic. Its plain and clear with enough time, Brady would have been in that enzone. This is coming from a guy that doesnt like the Pats (simply because there the best (think yankees)).

Acreboy
05-08-2007, 12:42 PM
"I'll leave when you give Ben the respect he's earned. That ring he has saying SB champs is deserving of respect."

I dont really want you to leave, just be realistic. Give Ben props? Dont get me wrong here, Im a Browns fan and really really like Big Ben. hes from Findlay, about 10-15 minutes from my home town. That alone made me follow his career and root for him. You dont know how much i was crushed when the Squellers drafted him. Even tho I like him it doesnt mean he deserves all that credit. You willing to take credit away from Tom Brady, but not willing to do the same to Big Ben? what gives....Has Brady won some games? Yes. Big games? Hell yes. But Tom and Ben's games are very identical and you want to call Brady elite and Ben average. I mean they both have rings, both had domiating defenses, both had good RB's, It's debatable (not muchy debating really) that the Steelers had better WR's. I mean both teams were damn near identical and the only difference I see is that Brady has 2 more rings than Ben. I don't want to take credit away from Brady because he's a damn good QB. It's just what he does he's not the only one that could do that.

JoeMontainya
05-08-2007, 12:48 PM
Has Brady won some games? Yes. Big games? Hell yes. But Tom and Ben's games are very identical and you want to call Brady elite and Ben average. I mean they both have rings, both had domiating defenses, both had good RB's, It's debatable (not muchy debating really) that the Steelers had better WR's. I mean both teams were damn near identical and the only difference I see is that Brady has 2 more rings than Ben. I don't want to take credit away from Brady because he's a damn good QB. It's just what he does he's not the only one that could do that.

Brady has proven no matter who his deffense is, RB's are, WR's are, he is going to win the games.

Big Ben lost acouple WR's, RB's, and deffenders and has not yet proved he can do it on his own.

Comparing rings are you? Big Ben cannot even be mentioned in the same breath as Tom Bradys rings. But you seem to refer to it as "only 2 more rings" like you can pick them up at the jewelry store if you have a solid season.

Sportsfan486
05-08-2007, 12:48 PM

Nuff said

You win, no way to argue that.

Acreboy
05-08-2007, 12:53 PM
Brady has proven no matter who his deffense is, RB's are, WR's are, he is going to win the games.

Big Ben lost acouple WR's, RB's, and deffenders and has not yet proved he can do it on his own.

Comparing rings are you? Big Ben cannot even be mentioned in the same breath as Tom Bradys rings. But you seem to refer to it as "only 2 more rings" like you can pick them up at the jewelry store if you have a solid season.
As far as RB's go I see them as equal. Brady had Kevin Faulk who was a poor mans Marshal Faulk, could do everything. Then gets Corey Dillan who was damn good. Then gets Lawrance Mauroney who will be great.

Big Ben had The Bus and then Willie Parker emerged.

I refered to the rings the way I did because they are hard as hell to get one and Big Ben has one. Ben guided his team to a SB. Batch couldnt and wouldn't have done that if he had started.

Finsfan79
05-08-2007, 12:57 PM
Brady does not win games as I previously stated. He manages them

As of right now? Dolphins, Vikings, Lions

I would take Lemon or Beck over Frye. I would take the injured culpepper too.

Miami wont be a top 3 pick next year our defense is far too good

JoeMontainya
05-08-2007, 12:58 PM
As far as RB's go I see them as equal. Brady had Kevin Faulk who was a poor mans Marshal Faulk, could do everything. Then gets Corey Dillan who was damn good. Then gets Lawrance Mauroney who will be great.

I refered to the rings the way I did because they are hard as hell to get one and Big Ben has one. Ben guided his team to a SB. Batch couldnt and wouldn't have done that if he had started.

Kevin Faulk now being compared to Marshall Faulk? Maybe if your looking at their last names. Faulk compares to someone like Dominique Rhodes. Both Faulks can catch out of the backfield, thats about the only comparision worth mentioning.

Bigburt63
05-08-2007, 12:58 PM

big ben relied upon an offense that ran the ball 65% of the time and a defense. dont get me wrong, hes a good qb, but he had alot more help than brady did. and faulk is only a 3rd down back, before they got dillon they had antoine smith as their feature back

Finsfan79
05-08-2007, 01:01 PM

Tom Brady scored one TD for the whole post-season, in his first year winning the Superbowl.

Adam "the super kicker" missed 2 FG before making the winning one in that super bowl.

It should be noted that the defense, which is highly under-rated, was the key to the patriots run. With a system QB that can manage a game very well, a nice oline, along with a great defense, a little luck, good special teams they made their run.

Not saying Brady is a bad QB, he is a good one. But, you need to look at all of hte issues there.

JoeMontainya
05-08-2007, 01:03 PM
Tom Brady scored one TD for the whole post-season, in his first year winning the Superbowl.

Adam "the super kicker" missed 2 FG before making the winning one in that super bowl.

It should be noted that the defense, which is highly under-rated, was the key to the patriots run. With a system QB that can manage a game very well, a nice oline, along with a great defense, a little luck, good special teams they made their run.

Not saying Brady is a bad QB, he is a good one. But, you need to look at all of hte issues there.

I think its fair to say Peyton Manning is more valuable to his team than Tom Brady is.

TouchdownUSC
05-08-2007, 01:04 PM
im predicting that detroit will have the number 1 pick next year

Bigburt63
05-08-2007, 01:10 PM
the texans will because they still havent adressed their o-line. i see them being very similar to the raiders this past year, good defense, no o-line which means a very stagnant offense.

Xiomera
05-08-2007, 01:11 PM

I am predicting you will break your leg in a skiing accident next Winter . . .

Im_a_Romosexual
05-08-2007, 01:20 PM
Miami wont be a top 3 pick next year our defense is far too good

The raiders D was great last year.

Houston will have the #1 pick net year

JoeMontainya
05-08-2007, 01:27 PM
I am predicting you will break your leg in a skiing accident next Winter . . .

Funny stuff if this kid lives in Florida or southern Cali and has never seen snow before lol.

JoeMontainya
05-08-2007, 01:27 PM

Raiders D is very good and is so young, they only have 1 direction to keep going.

I think they should have passed on Huff last year tho.

Xiomera
05-08-2007, 01:32 PM
Funny stuff if this kid lives in Florida or southern Cali and has never seen snow before lol.

And won't you be even more in awe when my prediction comes true?

JoeMontainya
05-08-2007, 01:39 PM
And won't you be even more in awe when my prediction comes true?

lol chaaaaa

Finsfan79
05-08-2007, 01:50 PM

Miami's defense was 4th in the NFL last year and they added to make it even better this year. Plus they do have alot of additions on the offensive side of the ball too.

Addict
05-08-2007, 01:56 PM

I can see that happen...

right after hell freezes over.

Im_a_Romosexual
05-08-2007, 01:57 PM
Miami's defense was 4th in the NFL last year and they added to make it even better this year. Plus they do have alot of additions on the offensive side of the ball too.

I think the Dolpihns will be ok this year, I was just saying that even if you have a good Defense it is still a possibility that the have a top 5 pick.

23trufant
05-08-2007, 02:09 PM
Cowboys (from Browns) - McFadden

tom
05-08-2007, 02:14 PM
The Atlanta Falcons... and they pick Brian Bomber

princefielder28
05-08-2007, 02:22 PM
I think the Kansas City Chiefs have a shot. Within their division they're not going to beat Denver or San Diego and they'll struggle to beat Oakland.

tom
05-08-2007, 02:22 PM
it makes perfect sense... a new coach (formerly of louisville) gives poster boy mike vick a shot, he blows it (either gets arrest, blows a knee, plays the way he usually does) so Petrino figures, get a project QB, he'll give me an extra 2 years, and then he'll be able to build his own team.

etk
05-08-2007, 03:25 PM

1. Lack of supporting cast to help Vince Young. They lost Travis Henry, and likely Chris Brown, at Running Back. To replace them they have to entrust LenDale White as the feature back. They also took Chris Henry, a prototype workout warrior, in the draft.

At Wide Receiver they lost Drew Bennett and Bobby Wade. Their two leading receivers from last year. The only receiver they added on day-1 was Fresno State underachiever Paul Williams.

2. On defense they also took a few hits. Mostly because they lost Adam Jones, who played at a pro-bowl caliber level last year. I don't get drafting Michael Griffin, with the intention to move him to corner. If you want a corner I would think taking Aaron Ross, Chris Houston, would have been the better alternative.

Nuff said

4. They won a lot of the games last year, in strange, fluke ways. Things like: 60 yard field goals, D/ST touchdowns against Jacksonville, McNabb getting injured, crazy stuff like that. I cannot see luck being that favorable on them again.

In the words of GiantRutgersFan......word! Speaking of GRF, the Giants could be the dark horse to get the #1 pick, but my nod goes to Tennessee.

Acreboy
05-08-2007, 03:27 PM
Miami's defense was 4th in the NFL last year and they added to make it even better this year. Plus they do have alot of additions on the offensive side of the ball too.Their good, their just getting old.

Moses
05-08-2007, 03:35 PM
Gotta go with Houston. On paper, they just don't have the talent. Countless holes on both offence and defence.

bored of education
05-08-2007, 03:41 PM
I wouldn't mind if the Chiefs had the 1st pick, then trade LJ to the Cowboys for Julius Jones and the 1st two round picks.

2 top 8 picks and another 1st rounder. Good rebuilding year.

D-Unit
05-08-2007, 04:01 PM
I wouldn't mind if the Chiefs had the 1st pick, then trade LJ to the Cowboys for Julius Jones and the 1st two round picks.

2 top 8 picks and another 1st rounder. Good rebuilding year.
How realistic do you think that is?

bored of education
05-08-2007, 04:02 PM
None whatsoever, since the chiefs won't have the 1st pick since the raiders, texans, browns, TB, az, wash might have a worse season than the Chiefs.

D-Unit
05-08-2007, 04:13 PM
None whatsoever, since the chiefs won't have the 1st pick since the raiders, texans, browns, TB, az, wash might have a worse season than the Chiefs.
I was referring to the trade with Dallas for their 2 first rounders and JJ for LJ.

bored of education
05-08-2007, 04:16 PM
Ohhh well I haven't thought about that yet. i'll get back to you.

Phrost
05-08-2007, 04:18 PM
I think the bucs might get it. They are going to be in a rebuilding mode for another year. I have a feeling the redskins will be up there also.

LOL I hope so. I would rather have the #1 pick than win 7 games and not make playoffs.

Caddy
05-08-2007, 04:27 PM
um, if the Bucs were "rebuilding" they would have taken a QB or cut ties with their veteran players. The Bucs wont have the number 1 pick. A team more likely to have it is Miami or Buffalo......or depending on LJ maybe even the Cheifs

We are in somewhat of a rebuilding phase for sure. QB is just the position yet to be financed for the future in the hope that Chris Simms rebounds to his form of 05.

terribletowel39
05-08-2007, 04:30 PM
How realistic do you think that is?
that isn't very realistic in my opinion. he is good but he isn't that good. especially because he is going to run out of tread here pretty soon. MAYBE JJ and the latter first but not both of them.

Bengals1690
05-08-2007, 04:34 PM
with the first pick of the 2008 NFL Draft, the Kansas Ciry Cheifs select Andre Woodson, QB, Kentucky

hugegmenfan
05-08-2007, 04:37 PM
im dead serious: the chiefs- they are not winning more than 5 games this year and that would be lucky. they have no defense, no oline, johnson wants out, green will b gone and they are going to have to place their trust in a 3rd round QB or damon huard. either them or the bills.

Space Ghost
05-08-2007, 04:52 PM
I think Minnesota will be terrible and get the first overall pick next year. Their draft didn't really give them anybody who will make an impact right away. In a couple years, yeah, sure, might be one of the best drafts, but I can't see the Vikings winning many games next year.

Achilles33
05-08-2007, 04:55 PM
The Browns will have a rookie LT and QB. They will give us a top 5 pick, maybe #1 overall.

Oh and Marion Barber is also a FA terribletowel, so I think we will definitly take McFadden if we get #1.

terribletowel39
05-08-2007, 04:58 PM
but i also think that they would be more willing to trade Jones and resign Barber if at all possible. He is a beast and i believe a better RB than Jones.

Phrost
05-08-2007, 05:02 PM
but i also think that they would be more willing to trade Jones and resign Barber if at all possible. He is a beast and i believe a better RB than Jones.

Good at the goal line. Thats is all I have seen in Barber.

Xonraider
05-08-2007, 05:02 PM
The Browns will have a rookie LT and QB. They will give us a top 5 pick, maybe #1 overall..

Rookies can't play well?

I doubt the Browns will have the first pick of the draft.

Phrost
05-08-2007, 05:04 PM
Rookies can't play well?

I doubt the Browns will have the first pick of the draft.

Agreed, I expect some surprises from Quinn. They will have some healthy starters.

thule
05-08-2007, 05:05 PM

Well than you haven't seen him catch out of the backfield or block. One of the best 3rd down backs in the game. He is not a liability in any area of the game so that is really important for a 3rd down back to have.

terribletowel39
yea he is good at the goal line, but when he comes in to spell Jones he is a better and he can catch better and block better. all around he is better. believe me if i could change it i would watch Pittsburgh games all the time. me living 25-30 minutes from Texas Stadium makes me have to watch a lot of Dallas games. he is good. (getting Ticket for this season though!!)

Phrost
Well than you haven't seen him catch out of the backfield or block. One of the best 3rd down backs in the game. He is not a liability in any area of the game so that is really important for a 3rd down back to have.

Why doesn't he get a majority of the carries then?

princefielder28
05-08-2007, 05:08 PM

Julius Jones is just as reliable as Barber. Barber has proven he can play and be a major force with the limited amount of carries that he's seen. Jones has proven that he can carry the load and be productive. Plus nowadays in the NFL it is better suited for a team to have two running backs that are capable of starting.

terribletowel39
05-08-2007, 05:11 PM
that might change now that Phillips is HC, seeing as how i believe Parcells was too stubborn to switch them out, even though i doubt it because Jones thinks he is a football GOD and knows whats best for his team.

Modano
05-08-2007, 05:12 PM

Because Julius Jones has the type of speed that can turn into big games.
But Barber last year easily outplayed Jones. If you say that he's only good on the goal line, watch some tapes. Marion Barber fights for every yard (while Julius Jones sometimes runs right to his OL), he finishes every run, and he hits the defenders.
Look at the Atlanta game from last year, Deion Sanders, watching Barber running asked Marshall Faulk why in his opinion he wasn't starting for the cowboys, and Faulk said that he simply didn't know.

Modano
05-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Arkansas is Jerry Jones' alma-mater. So if the Browns pick will turn out to be a top 5 pick, I can see him easily pack that pick, the other first round and even more to grab McFadden.

terribletowel39
05-08-2007, 05:24 PM
Arkansas is Jerry Jones' alma-mater. So if the Browns pick will turn out to be a top 5 pick, I can see him easily pack that pick, the other first round and even more to grab McFadden.
ahh, thank. i didn't know that.

TheChampIsHere
05-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Bucs, Lions, Dolphins and Texans are my top candidates.

Modano
05-08-2007, 05:30 PM
ahh, thank. i didn't know that.

Here is an intersting quote by Jerry:

He was asked if the Cowboys might be targeting McFadden with the pick they got from the Browns in the Brady Quinn deal. "Darren McFadden? Who's he play for?" Jerry said with a wink

source: http://nfl.aolsportsblog.com/2007/04/30/cowboys-looking-to-mcfadden-in-08/

CC.SD
05-08-2007, 06:24 PM
I'm surprised the giants haven't gotten more votes.

-Eli Manning is no leader, is inaccurate, and often doesn't even look like he knows how to play.
-Lost Tiki, who was essentially their entire offense, and definitely their heart and soul.
-Defense made of paper/old guys. Osi is cool though.
-Previous statement did not convey just how horrible their secondary is. A rookie corner isn't going to help either.
-Unproven running back in BJ and a crappy one in Rouben Droughns
-No left tackle
-Receivers are a rookie (smith), a totally unproven second year guy (moss), another old guy coming off a serious injury (toomer), and a quitter (burress).
-Tough division: Eagles and boys are contenders, and the Redskins have talent.
-Shockey's tattoo is pretty tight. But it won't save them. He's an inconsisten timebomb anyway.

I wouldn't be that shocked if they had the top pick.

Phrost
05-08-2007, 06:47 PM
-Shockey's tattoo is pretty tight. But it won't save them. He's an inconsisten timebomb anyway.

LOL! Wow is this serious?

Go_Eagles77
05-08-2007, 07:53 PM
I'm surprised by the lack of Lions answers, they may have the best recieving core but they aren't very good other than that.

Flyboy
05-08-2007, 08:13 PM
I'm going with the Houston Texans.

neko4
05-08-2007, 08:27 PM
Anyone thinking the Browns are picking #1 next year is, to be frank, clueless.

Since 2003, the team picking #1 overall did so by winning 2, 4, 2, 2, and 2 games respectively.

So odds are, we'd actually have to match our 1999-2000 marks when we had just arrived back in the league. I can tell you right now, that ain't gonna happen.

ANYWAYS.....

With the 1st overall pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, the Houston Texans select...Darren McFadden, running back, Arkansas.

I agree completly. And I will say it here...the Browns will be in the playoffs in 2-3 years. Quinn will develop, THomas could have immediate effects. The WR core is coming around nicely (Winslow, Edwards, Jurevicous?)
LB's core is also turning into a good one. Secondary, RB's, and OL still need some work (especially RB's) But I think pretty soon they should be apart of a 4-way race in the AFC North.

with 1st pick of 2008 NFL Draft, the CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! select Brian Brohm QB Lousiville

I wish

High Roller
05-08-2007, 09:21 PM
Despite my hatred for the Giants, they're a possible contender. They lost Tiki who was the whole offense, their best LB, LT, and Eli Manning is the QB. Eli doesn't have any leadership qualities, and on offense that used to be Tiki but now there is noone to hold the offense together.
Giants #1 - McFadden

casskid
05-08-2007, 09:55 PM
I think the lack of Lions answers stems from it was their first year in a new system on offense and defense, they were killed by injuries in key positions, and well they picked CJ. Theres no way they could be as bad as last year and the Lions seem to be improving while many teams seem to be heading in the other direction;Buffalo, Texans, Dolphins, etc.

keylime_5
05-08-2007, 10:26 PM
You gotta look at teams' records from the past 2 years, not just the past 1. The Browns were picking 12th but had a setback at QB and RB and went down to pick 3rd. This year their offensive line goes from bad to pretty decent if not then pretty good; their QB is Quinn who won't throw as many INTs as Frye, and both Winslow and Edwards are a year removed from ACL injuries. Cleveland will win 6 to 8 games this year. They will not be picking top 5 again, too much talent on a team that played pretty decent defense down the stretch. They might pick top 10, probably in the 8 to 15 range. Teams don't improve that much and then become the worst team, this is easily the most talented (though not experienced) team that Cleveland has had since the return.

I think Tennessee might be a dark horse to pick 1st since they lost a lot of talent and if Vince Young gets hurt (remember people he's on Madden and the curse is real) then they are the worst team easily. Minnesota maybe b/c their starting QB is a divison II guy who has like 2 games experience and might be a disaster if he struggles.

keylime_5
05-08-2007, 10:27 PM
Whoever has a bad O-Line and QB troubles (Minnesota? Oakland? Tennessee? Houston?)

Canuck
05-08-2007, 10:28 PM

Many would argue that Brohm is a better prospect than Quinn.

-black
05-08-2007, 10:29 PM
been saying it for the longest

I would rather invest a pick in my Franchise QB with Brohm over Quinn or Russell.

keylime_5
05-08-2007, 10:31 PM
The Browns will have a rookie LT and QB. They will give us a top 5 pick, maybe #1 overall.

Oh and Marion Barber is also a FA terribletowel, so I think we will definitly take McFadden if we get #1.

Brady Quinn as a rookie is probably about 10 times better than Charlie Frye as a veteran. Also the leftside of our offensive line is Joe Thomas/Eric Steinbach which is probably better than the Cowboys' left side. There is too much talent around Quinn this year for us to do that bad. Don't get your hopes up about that top 5 pick.

-black
05-08-2007, 10:36 PM
would anyone be suprised if the Steelers ended up with a top 5 pick?

Clayton89
05-08-2007, 10:43 PM
I don't get drafting Michael Griffin, with the intention to move him to corner.

Where did you hear that?

CC.SD
05-08-2007, 11:52 PM
LOL! Wow is this serious?

Only the inconsistent timebomb part. :D

kalbears13
05-09-2007, 12:10 AM
would anyone be suprised if the Steelers ended up with a top 5 pick?

I think it depends on how good their new coaching staff is. We'll see...

And for all of you that were talking about Tom Brady. Please don't just say "Brady blah blah blah" because there are now 2 Brady quarterbacks. It's like me saying "Johnson is the best WR I've ever seen play in my life." Andre? Chad? Keyshawn? Calvin? Simon? Theodore?

PACKmanN
05-09-2007, 12:16 AM
Steeletown- Jake Long

Ewing
05-09-2007, 12:30 AM
With the first pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, The Detroit Lions select DeSean Jackson, WR, California

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/Ewing21403/DeseanJackson.jpg

*several shotguns are heard cocking in the background of Radio City Music Hall*

KWill93
05-09-2007, 01:51 AM
I think Minnesota will be terrible and get the first overall pick next year. Their draft didn't really give them anybody who will make an impact right away. In a couple years, yeah, sure, might be one of the best drafts, but I can't see the Vikings winning many games next year.

Really? Like Adrian Peterson, Siney Rice or even Aundrae Allison can't make an impact right away? Yes our QB situation might be in the air, but I'll gaurantee you right now Minnesota will not have the 1st pick in the draft next year.

GREENSMACKS
05-09-2007, 02:07 AM
falcon will take brohm with the number 1 pick while vick quits fb to start fight club, the canine version

jbeans187
05-09-2007, 03:52 AM
Im going with the titans. VY hits the sophmore slump bc there are no recievers and they have Lendale white (word is hes 260 pounds??!!!??!!!) and chris henry in the backfield. Then they draft McFadden or Jake Long.

JMiah
05-09-2007, 06:26 AM
Here's the thing for me... I am a Titans fan, but I really think we will have the worst record next year (for all the reasons all of you stated so well).

If we get the pick, of course Monster McFad would be huge, not having anyone back there... But O-line might be the need as well...

Iamcanadian
05-09-2007, 11:31 AM
I think Miami and Detroit will battle it out although Russell may need a year to become anything close to what he could eventually be just like Alex Smith. Junior QB's who enter the NFL early usually have a very, very difficult 1st season.

Could go a # of ways but these are the clear favourites.

Miami - Saban abandoned ship after he realized Culpepper was a huge mistake.
Oakland - Russell will need a year or 2 before blossoming
Detroit - Millen's 6 year record of averaging 4 wins a year won't be solved by a WR.

Acreboy
05-09-2007, 12:46 PM
Whoever has a bad O-Line and QB troubles (Minnesota? Oakland? Tennessee? Houston?)

Only Minnesota has QB troubles of all the teams listed.

Addict
05-09-2007, 12:56 PM
Strongest contenders IMO are Tennessee, Miami and possibly Kansas City.

-black
05-09-2007, 01:16 PM
so no one thinks the Steelers could fall back around number 1 pick territory?

terribletowel39
05-09-2007, 01:20 PM
so no one thinks the Steelers could fall back around number 1 pick territory?
no. there is no possible way we do not have a better record than that of last year. ok that might be possible but slim. there is no chance that we are at #1 territory.

-black
05-09-2007, 01:23 PM
not even an incy, wincy, chance of being in the top 3 neighboorhood? :(

Homicide
05-09-2007, 01:23 PM
Possibly the Raiders again. They have one of the toughest rschedules this year. I would see them taking McFadden.

terribletowel39
05-09-2007, 02:34 PM
not even an incy, wincy, chance of being in the top 3 neighboorhood? :(
no. not gonna happen. and why the sad face??

Acreboy
05-09-2007, 02:38 PM
Possibly the Raiders again. They have one of the toughest rschedules this year. I would see them taking McFadden.JR and McFadden in the same backfield with that young defense= :eek:

-black
05-09-2007, 02:38 PM
no reason really, besides just thinking a top 5-3 pick is possible. New coach, some inexperience, An injury to Parker or Big Ben and it could be downroad from there

terribletowel39
05-09-2007, 02:59 PM
no reason really, besides just thinking a top 5-3 pick is possible. New coach, some inexperience, An injury to Parker or Big Ben and it could be downroad from there
yea but the injury thing could be said with a lot of teams. and i'm excited about the new coach. if he coachs half as good as he talks to the media about things he wants to do for the organization i'm thinking atleast 10 wins. and that isn't just my opinion, a lot of us on the steelers thread are feeling good about him.

ChefMike
05-09-2007, 03:25 PM

As I was reading through the posts I was waiting on someone to say Buffalo. They have gotten rid of their TOP RB let most of the defense go away and I don't see JP Losman as their savior... so to me they get the pick they are trading out of #1 to someone that can give them another high pick and that teams #1 the next year and a player on the Defensive side of the ball. They need to get a young WR to be a possesion type to offset Lee Evans as the deep threat

Shere Khan
05-09-2007, 05:16 PM
Whoever is willing to trade up for the pick.

Shere Khan
05-09-2007, 05:18 PM
no. there is no possible way we do not have a better record than that of last year. ok that might be possible but slim. there is no chance that we are at #1 territory.

I dunno.......I don't see you winning your games against us or the Ravens.
You might split the series between the Browns.

bored of education
05-09-2007, 05:21 PM
I think someone who had top a 8(10) pick this past draft will have the number one pick next year.

terribletowel39
05-09-2007, 05:36 PM
I dunno.......I don't see you winning your games against us or the Ravens.
You might split the series between the Browns.
how could you say that?? what makes you think that we can be the Bungles?? and split the series with the Brownies?? did you honestly think that have improved that much this offseason?? Quinn is not the coming of Christ for the Browns. i hate to tell everyone. he is still a rookie. and to do well as a rookie in the North is well a difficult task, you need a really good team around you, and he doesn't have that. and we will do the same thing we always do against you guys, run it down that middle that yall supposedly have bulked up but thats what i heard last year and the year before. the Ravens are the team to beat because they won the division last year but after that i don't see how it is a contest that we are the 2nd best team. until your team can prove something, it can't be argued.

BengalsPwn
05-09-2007, 07:22 PM
Its going to be the Cowboys via the Browns. Browns are already starting the season 0-6 because they will not win a single division game this year. Pitt, Cincy, and Baltimore will all sweep them. They are full of injury prone players and there defense only has like 2 playmakers on it, Wimbley and Davis. There offense is full of inexperience since there either rookies or haven't played since they've been on the IR.

keylime_5
05-09-2007, 08:15 PM
Only Minnesota has QB troubles of all the teams listed.

If Vince gets hurt then that is QB trouble. Oakland might have QB troubles with McCown and a very raw rookie behind a bad line. Houston's QB has started 3 games, he is as unproven as they get, and he looked bad last year when he actually got to play.

keylime_5
05-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Its going to be the Cowboys via the Browns. Browns are already starting the season 0-6 because they will not win a single division game this year. Pitt, Cincy, and Baltimore will all sweep them. They are full of injury prone players and there defense only has like 2 playmakers on it, Wimbley and Davis. There offense is full of inexperience since there either rookies or haven't played since they've been on the IR.

Sean Jones should have made the pro bowl last year, he got snubbed. Leigh Bodden is one of the best cover corners in the league but is vastly underated since he is a Brown. That defense can be dangerous (though they have really stunk against your bengals so I see why you think this). The Browns are much improved from last year, especially on their lines, no way in hell do they warrant the top pick.

Achilles33
05-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Jerry Jones is the best owner in football. I don't know what you are smoking terrible towel.

EdReedUnstoppable
05-10-2007, 07:54 PM
Last I heard Kitna was still the starter in Detroit, so I expect him to continue to lose his team games by throwing ill timed, and ill advised interceptions.

simms2clayton
05-10-2007, 08:13 PM
My 5 teams who I believe are the most likely to have the #1 pick in 2008:

1. Washington Redskins
2. Cleveland Browns
3. Houston Texans
4. Oakland Raiders
5. Tennessee Titans

kalbears13
05-10-2007, 08:17 PM
My 5 teams who I believe are the most likely to have the #1 pick in 2008:

1. Washington Redskins
2. Cleveland Browns
3. Houston Texans
4. Oakland Raiders
5. Tennessee Titans

Too bad we won't be getting that pick if we do finish last which I doubt we do. I don't want to sound like a homer so I'll say that it's a possibility.

ruthlessrussian
05-10-2007, 08:30 PM
As I was reading through the posts I was waiting on someone to say Buffalo. They have gotten rid of their TOP RB let most of the defense go away and I don't see JP Losman as their savior... so to me they get the pick they are trading out of #1 to someone that can give them another high pick and that teams #1 the next year and a player on the Defensive side of the ball. They need to get a young WR to be a possesion type to offset Lee Evans as the deep threat

Im sorry, the Bills getting the first overall pick next year, umm no. If you did watch any of their games last year you would know that are RB situation is better. Lynch and Wright will be far superior to what McGahee gave us. Dont get me wrong, hes a great player, just too full of himself and never gave a real effort last year. The defense wont be as good, but its young and developing and will still be better then average.

As far as the Browns getting it, f*** no! The O-line is stacked and will be the strengh of the team with Edwards and Winslow providng the fire power. As long as the QB(quinn or frye) manages the game well, their offense will do well. I have a fealling that quinn will start with out a hitch. The defense has a lot of young play makers on it led by Jones. Wright was a huge steal and will complement Bodden well to give them a pair of soild starters at CB. Romeo will get the best out of his D, just watch the Browns will push the Bengals for the number 2 spot but probaly will finish 3rd, with the Steelers, coming up last.

Severe Punishment
05-10-2007, 08:36 PM
You can't have a discussion like this and not put the Minnesota Vikings near the top.
There's a reason we drafted 7th overall this year.

frisby213
05-10-2007, 08:39 PM
ATLANTA FALCONS

Mark it down. Vick will be out at least 6 games. With Schaub gone, they have no one.

frisby213
05-10-2007, 08:44 PM
Actually, here's how I see the top 5 picks.

1. Atlanta Falcons
2. Minnesota Vikings
3. Houston Texans
4. Green Bay Packers
5. Oakland Raiders

Close calls: Kansas City (a darkhorse sucky team), Cleveland (if they don't continue to improve), Tampa Bay (which I think will prob end up with 5 or 6)

ruthlessrussian
05-10-2007, 08:44 PM
Top 7 for 2008:
1. Texans
2. Dolphins
3. Chiefs
4.Titans
5. Redskins
6. Vikings
7. Raiders

Top heavy with AFC teams only because amount of elite teams in AFC will have to be balanced out. So there for , weaker teams in the conferance, say hello to the top picks of 08

SuperMcGee
05-10-2007, 10:05 PM
I think the lack of Lions answers stems from it was their first year in a new system on offense and defense, they were killed by injuries in key positions, and well they picked CJ. Theres no way they could be as bad as last year and the Lions seem to be improving while many teams seem to be heading in the other direction;Buffalo, Texans, Dolphins, etc.

The Bills ALSO had a new offense and defense, both of which really started to come around later last season. Revamping the trenches (partly carries over from last season but add Dockery, healthy McCargo, even both Walkers). RB and LB are two of the positions that are easier to contribute to as a rookie, and our worst looking position on paper is CB, in the cover-2. While I'd still like some more reliable receiving targets outside of Evans, I think we're safe from the #1 pick area.

bored of education
05-10-2007, 10:17 PM
If the Chiefs are in the top 10, which is realistic, I gurantee they go OT.

Shere Khan
05-11-2007, 05:34 PM
Despite my hatred for the Giants, they're a possible contender.

You hate the Giants, but it seems like you'd be disappointed if they had the number one pick.

draftguru151
05-11-2007, 05:51 PM
The Bills ALSO had a new offense and defense, both of which really started to come around later last season. Revamping the trenches (partly carries over from last season but add Dockery, healthy McCargo, even both Walkers). RB and LB are two of the positions that are easier to contribute to as a rookie, and our worst looking position on paper is CB, in the cover-2. While I'd still like some more reliable receiving targets outside of Evans, I think we're safe from the #1 pick area.

The only way you guys get close to the #1 overall pick is if Losman gets hurt, or regresses a ridiculous amount.

Shiver
05-11-2007, 06:11 PM

1. Atlanta Falcons
2. Minnesota Vikings
3. Houston Texans
4. Green Bay Packers
5. Oakland Raiders

Close calls: Kansas City (a darkhorse sucky team), Cleveland (if they don't continue to improve), Tampa Bay (which I think will prob end up with 5 or 6)

If the Falcons end up with the number one pick I will personally leave the forums. They underachieved last year as a 7-9 team. They arguably improved, at that.

VoltronViking
05-11-2007, 06:38 PM
I know one thing, NOBODY GUESSED the Raiders taking JaMarcus Russell for their #1 pick around this time of last year!!!!

Flyboy
05-11-2007, 06:39 PM
If the Falcons end up with the number one pick I will personally leave the forums. They underachieved last year as a 7-9 team.

Hey, it wouldn't be that bad. Although, he wasn't the sole reason for the turnaround Reggie Bush coming to us was really a boost to our team. If the Falcons, took someone like Darren McFadden or whomever... it wouldn't be the end of the world. Trust me.

terribletowel39
05-11-2007, 06:53 PM
I know one thing, NOBODY GUESSED the Raiders taking JaMarcus Russell for their #1 pick around this time of last year!!!!
ppl probably picked the Raiders to have the #1 pick which in all actuality is the title of the thread, not what team will have it and who will they pick. ppl are just throwing those out for good fun.

but congratulations on knowing one thing.

Shiver
05-11-2007, 10:09 PM
Hey, it wouldn't be that bad. Although, he wasn't the sole reason for the turnaround Reggie Bush coming to us was really a boost to our team. If the Falcons, took someone like Darren McFadden or whomever... it wouldn't be the end of the world. Trust me.

It wouldn't be the "end of the world," but I just don't see it happening. The team has a much better odds to go 12-4 and win the division, then they do only winning 2-3 games.

neko4
05-11-2007, 10:54 PM

1. Atlanta Falcons
2. Minnesota Vikings
3. Houston Texans
4. Green Bay Packers
5. Oakland Raiders

and how exactly will green bay do that bad??? Makes no sense

tylerb929
05-11-2007, 10:56 PM
If the Falcons end up with the number one pick I will personally leave the forums. They underachieved last year as a 7-9 team. They arguably improved, at that.

What if, and this is a BIG what if, but what if Vick was suspended for the season?

mcdlaxbonz13
05-11-2007, 11:26 PM
we should put a poll on this and actually start taking votes on who will have the number one overall pick, number two so on and so forth, this would help when it come for people making mock drafts as well so they wouldn't have to deal with why is my team picking at this spot we are def. not gonna be picking here

T-Rat42
05-12-2007, 09:02 PM
Oakland has a great chance to repeat with #1 picks. They have a rookie quarterback, no offensive line and they got rid of Randy Moss basically for nothing. That trade may help in the long term but it certainly won't make them any better this year. 3-5 win season gives them a chance to bring in McFadden next year and give them 2 great young stars to build on for the future.

doingthisinsteadofwork
05-12-2007, 09:57 PM
Oakland has a great chance to repeat with #1 picks. They have a rookie quarterback, no offensive line and they got rid of Randy Moss basically for nothing. That trade may help in the long term but it certainly won't make them any better this year. 3-5 win season gives them a chance to bring in McFadden next year and give them 2 great young stars to build on for the future.They hired a new Oline coach who helped give Atlanta the best running game in the NFL.Its been proven thats in been the coaching and not the talent that is the problem.
They also added Carlisle and Newberry.
Randy Moss was crap.He jogged on his routes and dropped more balls than he caught.He was also a cancer.It helps to get rid of him both long and short term.

RoyHall#1
05-12-2007, 10:14 PM
Titans - Darren Mcfadden

JMiah
05-14-2007, 01:55 PM
Titans - Darren Mcfadden

Man, I don't want my Titans to have a bad year, but that would be freaking sweet!

Acreboy
05-14-2007, 01:58 PM
Man, I don't want my Titans to have a bad year, but that would be freaking sweet!

I thought LenDale White was the future?

lod01
05-14-2007, 03:46 PM
These 4 teams have positioned themselves for the #1 pick due to complete incompetance.

Dolphins
Chiefs
Redskins
Vikings

49erfanatic
05-14-2007, 04:57 PM
The Raiders are gonna repeat at the #1 spot. I feel that in many ways their offense got worse by getting rid of Brooks (though in the long run this is the right move) and Moss (say what you want about the guy, but they got nothing to replace him with). The starting quarterback this year is going to be Josh McCown who will be playing behind pretty much the same o-line. Bringing in Newberry doesn't help much because the guy hasn't played in like two years, and if he had any life left I think the niners would have held on to him. Their only hope is the defense, which is very very good. Repeating at number one wouldn't be a bad thing for Oakland though, I like what they did in the draft this year and think they are building a solid squad. It's obvious though that they are nowhere close to being competitive on offense, especially with a new coaches and a new system coming in.

Oaktown1981
05-14-2007, 11:18 PM
The Raiders are gonna repeat at the #1 spot. I feel that in many ways their offense got worse by getting rid of Brooks (though in the long run this is the right move) and Moss (say what you want about the guy, but they got nothing to replace him with). The starting quarterback this year is going to be Josh McCown who will be playing behind pretty much the same o-line. Bringing in Newberry doesn't help much because the guy hasn't played in like two years, and if he had any life left I think the niners would have held on to him. Their only hope is the defense, which is very very good. Repeating at number one wouldn't be a bad thing for Oakland though, I like what they did in the draft this year and think they are building a solid squad. It's obvious though that they are nowhere close to being competitive on offense, especially with a new coaches and a new system coming in.

You have no idea what your talking about. Raiders got worse because they cut Aaron Brooks?

keylime_5
05-15-2007, 10:35 AM
I don't think Oakland will get the #1 pick again. Teams rarely ever get the top pick 2 years in a row, and Oakland has a new coaching staff and tweaked their O-Line a bit, not to mention that they added Miller, Rhodes and Russell to that offense. Oakland will probably be better than they were in 2005 and 2006, especially considering how well their defense played down the stretch.