PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnati Bengals Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

hobbes2053
08-19-2009, 06:50 PM
did you see the part in Hard Knocks where the ***** was talking about offering Smith "so much money, and they think it isn't enough"

i wanted to choke a *****

I don't blame Smith so much as I do his agent and the Oakland ******* Raiders. All that for HDB? No. Assholes.

themaninblack
08-19-2009, 10:30 PM
Katie Blackburn has no business handling this type of thing anyway. Mike and the Brown/Blackburn family really just need to step away from these types of things and let professionals take care of it. That's whats really holding this team back and has been for a very long time.

SC Igniter
08-20-2009, 05:46 AM
Katie's phone call at the end of hard knocks sums up everything. I was deflated listening to her speak at the end of the clip after watching a pretty good episode, my wife wanted to know who that person was and all I said is that she is the right hand person running the Bengal's front office. Pretty sad. We are no where near this signing after hearing Smith's agent say their offer is wheeling around the #7 pick numbers. Smith would probably be happy with anything in the range of the other picks signed.

Perhaps hard knocks will embarrass her (the Bengals) enough to come to their senses and get this guy in. I like to see if he is our next Willie.

hobbes2053
08-20-2009, 07:18 AM
Katie's phone call at the end of hard knocks sums up everything. I was deflated listening to her speak at the end of the clip after watching a pretty good episode, my wife wanted to know who that person was and all I said is that she is the right hand person running the Bengal's front office. Pretty sad. We are no where near this signing after hearing Smith's agent say their offer is wheeling around the #7 pick numbers. Smith would probably be happy with anything in the range of the other picks signed.

Perhaps hard knocks will embarrass her (the Bengals) enough to come to their senses and get this guy in. I like to see if he is our next Willie.

Mike Brown doesn't get embarrassed about things when it comes to how much money he has to shell out. But I really hope you're right.

YAYareaRB
08-20-2009, 02:35 PM
Congratulations to Fui Vakapuna tying the not!... With my cousin. The wedding was pretty sick! Totally off topic.

How's Fui doing for you guys?

Bengalsrocket
08-20-2009, 03:16 PM
Congratulations to Fui Vakapuna tying the not!... With my cousin. The wedding was pretty sick! Totally off topic.

How's Fui doing for you guys?

Haven't really heard much except from hard knocks, but I don't really like going to hard knocks for "updates" because they're looking for drama and entertainment. Which means I guy who has no shot at making the roster could be "in a heated fight for his career" on hard knocks.

PalmerToCJ
08-20-2009, 06:20 PM
I'm sitting here watching the review from last season and it only makes me even more baffled at the fact that Ndukwe isn't starting. Every big play he is in on, Marvin White made some plays as well but Crocker has earned that spot.

Anyway, GO FREAKING BENGALS! I can't wait for this season to get going.

themaninblack
08-20-2009, 08:07 PM
Yea the Ndukwe thing really makes me mad but apparently he hasn't been doing that well in practice. He'll probably take his job back at some point.

StripedWalrus
08-22-2009, 10:41 AM
Yea the Ndukwe thing really makes me mad but apparently he hasn't been doing that well in practice. He'll probably take his job back at some point.

Especially in the first Preseason game. Ndukwe wasnt playing well at all.

PalmerToCJ
08-23-2009, 03:41 PM
I agree about Chinny sucking in preseason which has been very surprsing. I'm not sure what's up there. Granted, it's only been two games.

themaninblack
08-23-2009, 10:41 PM
It seems like he is having problems with the mental part of it which is somewhat surprising considering how bright he is. Either that or he could be like a lot of players and not give a **** about the preseason. I can understand that to an extent but I'd like to see some more out of him. I believe he can be one of the better safeties in the league if he can get his head back on straight.

Did you see the article on Bengals.com where Mike Zimmer said Domata Peko is the best nose tackle he's ever had? Pretty high praise but it shouldn't come as a surprise to those who've followed the team closely. Peko has gotten better and better every season he has been here. We sure made a wise choice in locking him up long term a few years ago. He would probably cost a lot more right now if we hadn't.

SC Igniter
08-26-2009, 06:07 AM
3 concerns I have so far with the team are CB, TE & OL.

The OL looks OK but still has something to prove to me. Consistency and improvement as unit is what everyone is looking for. I hope they can get Smith in to see what he can add.

In my opinion the TE spot is our weakest link. Were starting Coats who spent all last year at the FB position, basically he is our 3rd string choice at this spot and I have no idea how really good he is? Utecht return is unknown at this time and Coffman is a project so we are stuck with Ben. Not good.

CB depth is lacking and has been that way since O'neal left. We really are exposed there with any injury to our starters.

We do have some positive things happening with the team but the above points are where I think were most vulnerable.

themaninblack
08-26-2009, 07:33 PM
I think Coffman is going to be an immediate threat in the passing game if they let him do that. He's obviously behind the 8ball in the blocking department but he can and will improve that with time. Definitely a weak spot at the moment with Kelly and Utecht being down though.

PalmerToCJ
08-27-2009, 12:27 PM
It bothers me that Carson might not play in the preseason. He needs work, I thought he looked rusty vs. New Orleans. Either that or the coverage was just outstanding.

I like what Zimmer said about Peko. He's not one of those playmaking type players but he's the sort of guy that just does everything you need him to so that the other players can make the big plays. And to think, Marvin was criticized for reaching for him IN THE FOURTH ROUND.

YAYareaRB
08-27-2009, 01:17 PM
I got some cool pictures from a Cincy Practice sent from my cousin (Fui Vakapuna's wife).

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs132.snc1/5655_1099936473507_1679528788_131020_2946313_n.jpg

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs132.snc1/5655_1099936513508_1679528788_131021_1063658_n.jpg

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs152.snc1/5655_1099935153474_1679528788_131012_5189336_n.jpg

That must have been awesome to meet the Greatest!

themaninblack
08-27-2009, 11:39 PM
That would've been amazing to see him in person.

PalmerToCJ
08-27-2009, 11:53 PM
Quan Cosby, I award you a spot on the Cincinnati Bengals 2009 roster.

Defensive line is playing GREAT right now. LB's and Secondary have flashes good and bad, overall the defense is definitely playing well.

Chris Henry, I welcome you to my fantasy football team.

It sucks watching the offense without Carson. Hard to take much away from it.

themaninblack
08-27-2009, 11:58 PM
Yea, I really don't put much stock into all of this but Pat Sims has definitely been very impressive along with the rest of the DL. I really think he could end up being a better player the Sedrick Ellis, FWIW.

PalmerToCJ
08-28-2009, 12:16 AM
Sims is definitely playing well, I love the rotation of DT's we have. Sims in passing situations and Peko in run situations is perfect.

Offensive line is looking pretty rough, Kyle Cook is looking Ghiaciuc-esque which is very concerning. I would say get Andre Smith signed but OT isn't our problem... Although sliding Whitworth back into LG would be nice.

SC Igniter
08-28-2009, 05:55 AM
Game wasn't shown down here. Sounds like the OL had a bad day. Curious if they played Shirley much? If so, how did he look? From what little I saw of him on hard knocks, he looked pretty stout.

PalmerToCJ
08-28-2009, 11:37 AM
The Oline was definitely rough, I did not watch Shirley much.

The defense, save the one possession, played great. Bernard Scott did well too. Jonathan Joseph is playing well and Rey led the team in tackles. Rivers had a pretty quiet game.

It was probably better that Carson wasn't in there given the heat on O'Sullivan.

I absolutely love the pressure Zimmer is putting on defensively. They are fun to watch.

crites09
08-29-2009, 12:43 PM
3 Players released this morning. Here is the article from the Bengals website

The Bengals cut three Saturday morning and still need to let go two more players by Tuesday's cut down to 75.

Nine-year cornerback Jamar Fletcher, who played in 11 games for the Bengals last season, was waived after he had been re-signed during the first couple of day of this training camp in the wake of David Jones' broken foot.

They also cut two rookie free agents with local ties who never got into a preseason game,
defensive tackle Pernell Phillips of Central State and Purdue wide receiver Greg Orton. Phillips, a product of Cincinnati's Taft High School, had been shelved with a muscle injury. Orton, out of Dayton, Ohio's Wayne High School, practiced but didn't play.

I'm glad Fletcher is gone. I did not like him at all.. But wow are we thin at DB, I think Tom Nelson makes the squad now forsure..

SC Igniter
08-31-2009, 05:43 AM
I am glad that Smith finally signed and will get some reps in camp before it ends. Don't see him as much of a factor until later this year (Alexander said he wouldn't be starting anytime soon), so I wouldn't be surprised if they put him on 2 week roster exemption. This would mean he can't play Indy and Denver. Its still good news he is in, I really hope he is our next Willie.

themaninblack
08-31-2009, 11:00 AM
I would be surprised if he is not starting by week 8 at the latest.

crites09
08-31-2009, 01:10 PM
I would be surprised if he is not starting by week 8 at the latest.

Well we have the bye in week 8 so right after that I can see him starting. Give him the full 2 weeks practice with the first team.. Week 9 is Baltimore then Steelers get ready for some smash mouth football boys

hobbes2053
08-31-2009, 02:27 PM
It's such a relief to finally have Smith signed and that we aren't the last to sign our first pick. I also like the approach that Lewis and Alexander have taken with him in not rushing him into playing. I can't wait to see what he can do for us.

It seems that Utecht has been placed on the season-ending IR, so the battle for TE is about to get interesting much like most other positions. I'm looking forward to the next few weeks to see who we keep and cut.

PalmerToCJ
08-31-2009, 04:00 PM
I must say, Daniel Coats has pleasantly surprised me. He's done very well catching the ball and is definitely our best blocker. Seems like him and Coffman will be the only TE's we carry.

In terms of Smith, I would definitely be surprised if he doesn't start by week 8. There's a ton of different ways the line could go at this point. My IDEAL line, at least on paper would be this

LT - Collins
LG - Whitworth
C - Cook (ugh)
RG - Williams
RT - Smith

Livings did a solid job last year I thought but I don't feel he should be a starter. He will be to start the season and rightfully so, Smith isn't ready.

I'm hoping Smith gets to play vs. the Colts just so we can get a glimpse of where he is at.

After the last game I'm definitely concerned about Cook. I know it was only one game but after seeing Ghiaciuc suck out there for so long I'm paranoid we'll be going through another phase of it.

themaninblack
08-31-2009, 05:57 PM
The thing I think most ppl need to realize about pass protection in this league is the importance of familiarity. Units that excel in that area do so because they have a bunch of experience TOGETHER. I think the top 5 or 6 guys we have can all become very solid in pass pro, it is just going to take some time.

I don't like the comparison between Cook and Ghiaciuc. Now, I understand Cook struggled but he is completely different animal than Eric was. He's stout at the point, aggressive, and very smart. He may never be great but I think he can be a solid player for us. Just gotta have a little bit of patience I guess.

SC Igniter
09-01-2009, 04:56 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I would prefer to have Carson handle a couple of series this Thursday. Perhaps the coaches will hold off on this because of injury risk in order to make sure he is 100% for Denver. I just think the whole 1st team offense needs to play together a few times before our 1st game, he has been away from live action for some time and getting tuned in with his offense might be what the doctored ordered.

SuperKevin
09-01-2009, 06:04 PM
Lol at Smith breaking his foot

crites09
09-01-2009, 06:05 PM
Lol yea... that was short lived...

HawkEye30
09-01-2009, 08:28 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8124f94f&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

sorry i had to laugh at this one simply because of the timing haha but seriously this sucks for you guys

themaninblack
09-01-2009, 08:55 PM
Just our luck huh.

crites09
09-01-2009, 10:55 PM
Good news is that he is only out for 7-10 days... all that did was make up Marvins mind and use the 2 week roster exemption on him... Starting by week 9

Shahin
09-01-2009, 11:38 PM
goddamni.t.

PalmerToCJ
09-02-2009, 12:05 PM
My freaking computer is broke so I had to hear this over the radio at work, nearly broke the counter. UGH, I'm very concerned about our Oline.... Not gonna lie.

Regardless of how well they come together, I feel our defense will be our strong unit again this year.

themaninblack
09-02-2009, 12:07 PM
Yea, we're lucky he didn't have to get surgery.

crites09
09-06-2009, 12:20 PM
I'm sad to see Marvin White get cut, he was one of my favorite Bengals

M.O.T.H.
09-06-2009, 02:09 PM
I'm sad to see Marvin White get cut, he was one of my favorite Bengals

Dallas claimed him. Hopefully, he'll prove to be fully recovered in time and really help us on ST and maybe more down the line.

Bengals78
09-06-2009, 03:38 PM
I was most upset to see Clinton McDonald go. He was a cool guy and has massive potential.

StripedWalrus
09-06-2009, 05:41 PM
Was really surprised by McDonald...I really Liked him. Kinda glad to see DDD staying. The guy always has had potential.

SC Igniter
09-07-2009, 06:39 AM
McDonald is on the PS and that gives him a red shirt year to develop. This gives Rucker the opportunity to show out this year.

I liked that Shirley and Pressley were added to the PS. I see both of these guys being starters in a few years. Also liked that we kept Lynch on PS because he such a good guy.

themaninblack
09-07-2009, 12:59 PM
Pretty happy with the way it all went down with the exception of Marvin White. Sad to see him go, that's for sure.

crites09
09-07-2009, 04:33 PM
Rey Maualuga is the new starting SLB!!! Marvin announced it today.. Makes me even more ancy for the season to start! Denver is going down!!

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Rey-Dey/36c87d80-7a27-4e41-8864-d0b67c3fc768

hobbes2053
09-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Thrilled to hear about Rey getting the starting job. I am also fairly happy with the PS aside the M. White loss. Really glad that we kept Pressely. He's a monster and I think he's in position to eventually give Johnson a run for his money.

themaninblack
09-09-2009, 09:59 PM
Sucks that Hard Knocks is over. I wish they could keep filming them throughout the season.

SC Igniter
09-11-2009, 06:06 AM
I am going to miss Hard Knocks also, it was something special for a Bengal fan to see. As I said before, my family even enjoyed it (all girls) and thats usually not the case when it comes to football.

It was a good decision by the Bengals to do hard knocks. So credit is due to Mike Brown on this one.

StripedWalrus
09-11-2009, 10:23 PM
So glad the Blackout is lifted. I requested off work Sunday just so I could watch the game!

themaninblack
09-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Yea, I'm happy it was lifted thats such a lame rule anyway.

LizardState
10-06-2009, 11:09 AM
Alabama fans all want to know how Andre Smith has been doing.

How's his run blocking been? Any more problems with authority & his coaches? Any holding calls on him yet?

His downfield blocking was awesome in college. Everyone laughed at his man boobs, but I'll bet any NFL CB who sees Smith & his 330 lbs pulling around end on a sweep isn't laughing at all. His assets were always incredible upper AND lower body strength & a mean streak in pass protection.

His former Tide RB Glen Coffee really misses him out here in San Francisco now that Gore is out for 3 games. Coffee got most of his 1200+ yds. in college running behind Smith to the left.

Looking at the schedule, there is no Cincy on the 9ers schedule, so I havent had a chance to see Smith yet this season.

themaninblack
10-06-2009, 11:16 AM
He isn't playing yet because of his foot but I think he should start practicing pretty soon if he hasn't already.

djp
10-26-2009, 04:06 PM
Who Dey????????????? you guys should apply for the Forum Mock for the Bengals.. we don't have a lot of Cincy applications as of now. It's a ton of fun.

themaninblack
10-26-2009, 07:39 PM
I wouldn't mind doing it but IDK what my availability is gonna be like in the coming weeks.

ThePudge
10-26-2009, 07:49 PM
He isn't playing yet because of his foot but I think he should start practicing pretty soon if he hasn't already.

Cleared for contact today (Monday, October 26th) and the team hopes to get him ready to play by November 8th's game against the Ravens. With the amount that Marvin Lewis is playing OT's Dennis Roland and Anthony Collins at TE (or 3rd OT), I'm really looking forward to seeing Smith get in there. To get that kind of extra push in the run game, especially against those teams like the Ravens and Steelers (Weeks 9 and 10 respectively) will be a big determining factor in how far this team can go.

I think a lot of people out there have forgotten how good a football player Andre Smith can be at Right Tackle...

themaninblack
10-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Yea Pudge, I for one cannot wait to see him get going. Say what you will about some of the things hes done since being suspended for the Sugar Bowl, the man is a beast on the field. If he can come in and contribute, our run game could be even better. I can just imagine watching Cedric run behind that right side with Andre and Bobbie Williams. Would be a thing of beauty.

ThePudge
10-26-2009, 11:59 PM
Would be a thing of beauty.

It will be a thing of beauty*. There is no way Andre Smith makes this team worse, he can only make it better (if he's not ready to play, he won't play) and that should start to be a scary thought to the teams that play us in the second half. With our passing game finally back, and the addition of Andre Smith to the already much improved offensive line, we're a team that should easily make the playoffs and challenge for the AFC North title. I've also noticed the cornerbacks (Leon Hall and Johnathan Joseph) are playing with a swagger they hadn't had as younger players. They each have Pro Bowl potential. Sunday's finally the best day of the week again.

themaninblack
10-27-2009, 03:30 AM
I've been very encouraged by the play of Leon and JJ as well. Leon especially because I never really thought of him as a #1 corner but he's proven himself to be that good. While I still think JJ is more physically talented, Leon has been the one that plays with nearly flawless technique and makes plays when he can. His football IQ is very high and I think that's really something JJ can learn from to reach his full potential. That said, JJ has shown a lot of improvement and while he's made a few mistakes, he seems to make up for them by making big plays.

RaiderNation
10-27-2009, 07:59 PM
Hows Domata Peko playing for you guys this year? Does he play NT or UT?

Bengals78
10-27-2009, 08:37 PM
Peko is playing very very solid for us. He has a non-stop motor.

Bengalsrocket
10-28-2009, 12:04 AM
Hows Domata Peko playing for you guys this year? Does he play NT or UT?

I've definitely seen him at both positions, so not sure which one is his "normal" position. From what I understand, Lewis is having trouble with the defensive line and rotating guys and it's possible Peko is one of the few guys who can play both NT and UT, so he ends up literally being rotated across the line.

themaninblack
10-28-2009, 12:14 AM
He's mainly the NT from what I can tell but you're right he moves around. He has been fantastic for us for a few years, I really think he's one of the best in the league that nobody talks about. Plus, he plays FB for us at times :)

Hines
10-28-2009, 12:44 AM
You all need to quit, the Bengals will blow it! :D

I am just being a dick. You guys were my surprise team and so far you are making me look smart. haha.

Bengalsrocket
10-30-2009, 02:29 PM
You all need to quit, the Bengals will blow it! :D

I am just being a dick. You guys were my surprise team and so far you are making me look smart. haha.

Way to slow the thread down buddy!!!!!!!!

Just kidding, going to be a slow week for us with the bye though :(

Hines
10-30-2009, 02:30 PM
Way to slow the thread down buddy!!!!!!!!

Just kidding, going to be a slow week for us with the bye though :(

I hate bye weeks.

Pat Sims 90
10-30-2009, 04:16 PM
I hate bye weeks.

I have the football package gives me a chance to watch teams other then Cincinnati In HD

hobbes2053
11-05-2009, 12:55 PM
Everytime I watch the locker room interviews, Bobbie Williams slays me. He's funny as ****. The way he talks and his general demeanor and swagger are hilarious.

PalmerToCJ
11-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Wonder how TJ is liking it in Seattle?

With that said, do you think our WR core is better, worse or indifferent without him?

I'm going with indifferent however the mood of the locker room may be better. Either way it's easy not to miss him at 6-2 and Caldwell/Coles have filled in very nicely.

hobbes2053
11-08-2009, 09:28 PM
I think our WR bunch is better without him. I may be the only one, but I was somewhat happy that he left. He was really starting to bother me with the way that he argued every single play. He was a great player, don't get me wrong, but I just think it would have been better if he wouldn't have bitched all the time. All that aside, I'd say that the WRs we have now are performing really well. We just seem much more versatile with the cast that we have. Huge bummer losing Henry though :(

Pat Sims 90
11-08-2009, 11:05 PM
I think our WR bunch is better without him. I may be the only one, but I was somewhat happy that he left. He was really starting to bother me with the way that he argued every single play. He was a great player, don't get me wrong, but I just think it would have been better if he wouldn't have bitched all the time. All that aside, I'd say that the WRs we have now are performing really well. We just seem much more versatile with the cast that we have. Huge bummer losing Henry though :(

Now it is time for Jerome Simpson to step up and make some plays if he does not then i will declare him a bust. If he does not step up then Quan Crosby or Maurice Purifly need to step up.

themaninblack
11-09-2009, 12:13 AM
I would also really like to see something from Jerome Simpson now that Henry is lost for the season. IDK if I will declare him a bust if that doesn't happen, but now is the perfect time to step in and show you can contribute. Henry is a big part of this team whenever he's on the field. Even if he's not actually making plays, defenses have to account for him at all times because he is such a mismatch for opposing corners. It would be huge if Jerome is able to come in and provide a similar type of role.

dpl85
11-15-2009, 11:02 AM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/DN-nfl-gosselincol_15spo.ART.State.Edition1.4b9f7c5.html

PalmerToCJ
11-15-2009, 06:52 PM
I absolutely love Zimmer, all of us do. We were all screaming to fire Breshnahan because he was so bland and conservative on offense. Then we get what we want and the defense becomes top notch. Joseph and Hall are what I think really makes it happen.

I'm afraid Zimmer gets hired as a HC. I would be happy for him, no doubt but it'd be hard to watch him go. I think he would make a great head coach though.

Hines
11-15-2009, 07:01 PM
Zimmer is also the last year of his contract. If he does not get a raise, I think he'll walk and be someone else's DC.

Bengalsrocket
11-15-2009, 07:26 PM
Zimmer is also the last year of his contract. If he does not get a raise, I think he'll walk and be someone else's DC.

Guh. The rest of this division better pray that happens. He's the best DC we've had in Cinci in a long time (maybe ever) and I know he'll be missed big time when he does finally go.

The guy is a genius with both his schemes and motivation.

Pat Sims 90
11-15-2009, 11:10 PM
Thank you New England for 2nd place in the AFC "right now" 3 possiable trap games in a row i dont like it.

Bengalsrocket
11-17-2009, 04:58 PM
Well no one is starting the L.J. discussion so I guess I will. Basically, I don't think there is a whole lot to it, being 4th on the depth chart and not active for every game doesn't leave a lot for us to discuss.

However, I'll say that despite his problems in the past, I'm all for adding an extra body in the mix for our play off push.

Also, I read on Bengals.com that Lewis talked to Benson before the signing and Benson thought it was a good idea (or so the article says). It's nice to see a sign that the locker room will actually welcome him.

Bengals78
11-17-2009, 05:04 PM
Also Ben Utecht was cut.

Bengalsrocket
11-17-2009, 05:47 PM
Also Ben Utecht was cut.

Yah, this was expected though. With the drafting of Coffman, we only have to assume that Kelley will be the starter next year, with Foschi or Coats as the 2nd guy and Coffman as the 3rd. I guess the real question is which do you cut, if any, between Foschi and Coats.

hobbes2053
11-17-2009, 06:21 PM
I've never really been a huge LJ guy myself, but I'm starting to warm up to the signing. The thing I'm most intrigued about is the game this week. Lewis wouldn't say whether or not Johnson would get any playing time in the Oakland game, but I think it goes without saying that LJ is used to playing the Raiders. If he's going to play, I can't think of a better time to let him show what he can do while Benson rests to ensure that he is ready to go for the playoff push.

PalmerToCJ
11-17-2009, 08:37 PM
lol I didn't start a thread because I'm so indifferent on it all.

I thought LJ was completely done in KC which was easy to see. However, with guys like that a change of scenery can work things out. See Dillon, he seemed done in his final year here then he ran for 1600 the next year.

It could go either way. I will say I'm not concerned about him messing up chemistry. The chemistry killing players normally take a few years to show themselves.

For this years sake, I like the move. I think he's got a better shot of taking over the workload than Scott. Would be nice if he could take 5-10 a game from Benson and hit 4 a carry.

I guess we'll see, we did definitely need a backup RB. It was really bothering me to see Benson getting all those carries.

We just really gotta hope it was just from them having a bad line and him being burnt out there for why he sucked so bad.

vidae
11-17-2009, 08:44 PM
I hope for your sake it was too, because I'm a closet Bengals fan (I have about 5 rl friends who love the Bengals, so they've pretty much been my 2nd team) and I really want to see you guys go far into the post-season.

bored of education
11-17-2009, 08:45 PM
If their was a football sabermetrical stat with yards after 1st contact LJ would have been dead last in the last 3 years.

Hines
11-17-2009, 09:55 PM
I read you guys worked out Ed Johnson and Mike Doss.

Bengalsrocket
11-17-2009, 10:20 PM
I read you guys worked out Ed Johnson and Mike Doss.

Doss played special teams for us in a couple games last year, so if we did bring him in I guess it would make sense, seeing as how Marvin already knows a little bit about him.

I don't know much about Ed Johnson, but I don't see how more DT depth could hurt.

Pat Sims 90
11-17-2009, 11:37 PM
Also worked out Joey Galloway. We have not deep threat on this team expect Chad. Wound not hurt to bring him in and be the 4th WR.

themaninblack
11-18-2009, 02:59 PM
I'm a fan of the LJ signing. Maybe we can get something out of him and for the league minimum its worth a shot for a former great who still might have some juice left.

Hopefully we can get a comfortable lead early in this game and give some guys some opportunities to play. Wouldn't mind seeing Andre suit up for this one and show what he's capable of. We always suck on the WC so this will probably be a close one anyway.

Hines
11-18-2009, 04:50 PM
Here is a link and video of some Bengal fans burning a Terrible Towel. Didn't they learn last time someone of the Bengals did this? We knocked them out of the playoffs and you guys were irrelevant for three years. Yes a player didn't do it, but who knows. Myron sees everything. hahaha.

http://www.961kiss.com/pages/morningfreakshow.html?an=Bengals-Fans-Burn-The-Terrible-Towel

Bengalsrocket
11-18-2009, 07:02 PM
Here is a link and video of some Bengal fans burning a Terrible Towel. Didn't they learn last time someone of the Bengals did this? We knocked them out of the playoffs and you guys were irrelevant for three years. Yes a player didn't do it, but who knows. Myron sees everything. hahaha.

http://www.961kiss.com/pages/morningfreakshow.html?an=Bengals-Fans-Burn-The-Terrible-Towel

I guess if magical curses and irrelevant history gives you hope, then go for it.

PalmerToCJ
11-18-2009, 09:53 PM
You know what really blows my mind is how well Rucker and Morgan Trent have played. All I hear anyone say about Trent is how awful he was at Michigan but man has he played well here.

Kind of along the same lines of Chinny.

Pat Sims 90
11-19-2009, 12:25 AM

it has always been when the players do it like when TJ wiped his shoes and when Lendale White Stomped on it. I saw Bengals Fans burn the terriable towel after the first win so there is no curse if Fans do it is only when players do something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9FO15rAmBw

i LoL'D Every time i watch his videos i laugh he is the biggest Tool Bag Steeler fan ever

Bengalsrocket
11-19-2009, 01:09 AM
Everyone, in all of these videos, both Bengals fans and Steelers fans alike, are idiots.

Pat Sims 90
11-19-2009, 01:13 AM
Everyone, in all of these videos, both Bengals fans and Steelers fans alike, are idiots.

Agree but i still watch them most are Hilarious

themaninblack
11-19-2009, 12:01 PM

Wow, you got a win over Jon Kitna. Congrats.

Pat Sims 90
11-19-2009, 01:13 PM

Yea the sad part is we almost won with Kitna. If Palmer was in the whole game we would have won. May i remind you the first play was a 60 yard completion to Henry

Hines
11-19-2009, 01:52 PM

It was mostly a joke. Chill.

Bengals78
11-19-2009, 02:52 PM
It was mostly a joke. Chill.

As is Jon Kitna.

themaninblack
11-19-2009, 03:17 PM
as was my response!

PalmerToCJ
11-19-2009, 08:26 PM
As is Jon Kitna.

There is nothing wrong with having tiny hands and choking in the 4th quarter.

Hines
11-20-2009, 11:12 PM
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f382/futuresteeler86/lol.jpg

Hahahaha. He kills me. One of my favorite non Steelers.

themaninblack
11-21-2009, 04:31 PM
Did he actually release those? I remember him saying something about it on Hard Knocks but thought he was kidding. that is great.

Bengals78
11-22-2009, 01:20 AM
Anyone else kinda hoping that we get to see some more of our back ups soon? Not in a lot of serious time but a few reps here and there?
I really liked what I saw from Tom Nelson especially and he was playing really well. I would hope he gets a few reps against a weak pass offense this week and can get an opportunity.

And I really hope Clinton McDonald can get up from the PS soon. I really liked him in college and he is a really nice guy so I hope he gets his shot on the big team.

PalmerToCJ
11-22-2009, 01:25 AM
Honestly I have been thinking the same thing. I'd really like the backups to start getting some quality reps in.

Thus far, they've stepped right in and done great. Would just like to lessen the wear and tear on some of them.

Of course you've gotta go out and win the game which can complicate things.

Bengals78
11-22-2009, 02:18 AM
Yeah but our next few games can hopefully allow us to get in some young guys.

Pat Sims 90
11-22-2009, 02:47 AM
Only way i see backups getting a good amount of playing time is if any of the games are blowouts like the bears game

StripedWalrus
11-30-2009, 05:06 PM
Bengals Just Signed Mike Mickens to the Practice squad. Big News? Not really, but I wanted the Bengals to draft Mickens late. He was drafted in the 7th by Dallas...then was picked up by Tampa but was inactive for 3 games and the Bengals have now signed him to the practice squad.

PalmerToCJ
12-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Just throwing this out there but I saw mention of top 5 defenses in another thread.

While I feel like a homer, I have a hard time believing there are 4 defenses better than us. I mean, we swept arguably the toughest division in football and lead the league in points allowed.

Granted, we're yet to play a Saints/Colts type offense. The Texans killed us, having Peko out was brutal.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
12-01-2009, 08:55 PM
Just throwing this out there but I saw mention of top 5 defenses in another thread.

While I feel like a homer, I have a hard time believing there are 4 defenses better than us. I mean, we swept arguably the toughest division in football and lead the league in points allowed.

Granted, we're yet to play a Saints/Colts type offense. The Texans killed us, having Peko out was brutal.

I remember when I felt good about my defense also.

PalmerToCJ
12-01-2009, 09:35 PM
lol well see this is mostly why. Our defense has really outplayed the Steelers/Ravens head to head... We're #1 in points/game and #6 in yards/game. Just throwing it out there. We're definitely top 10.

Bengals78
12-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Peko should be a Pro-Bowler. He wont be but I think he has bought into the Zimmer game plan completely and he has been amazing for us this year. I think he is the heart of the defense

SC Igniter
12-02-2009, 05:59 AM
There are a number of good stories on Defense. Besides Peko, both Fanene and Tank are playing stout at the line. Brandon Johnson has been playing really well with Rivers out. One of our 2 corners should be given consideration for the pro bowl, they will get their chance to show out against the Vikings and Chargers.

Pat Sims 90
12-02-2009, 02:37 PM
There are a number of good stories on Defense. Besides Peko, both Fanene and Tank are playing stout at the line. Brandon Johnson has been playing really well with Rivers out. One of our 2 corners should be given consideration for the pro bowl, they will get their chance to show out against the Vikings and Chargers.

The only player i see making the Pro Bowl is Cedric Benson. I still dont think we get the respect.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
12-02-2009, 04:30 PM
http://www.teehanlax.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/RodneyDangerfield_Album_no_respect.jpg

Hines
12-02-2009, 05:12 PM
Steelers defense would be a lot better if Polamalu didn't miss 75 percent of the season. Bengals defense is kicking ass, though.

PalmerToCJ
12-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Steelers defense would be a lot better if Polamalu didn't miss 75 percent of the season. Bengals defense is kicking ass, though.

This is a true story but given that he's been out, I think the Bengals D has actually outplayed the Steelers. Go figure.

Hines
12-02-2009, 06:00 PM
But if Troy was playing, do you think the Bengals D would be outplaying them?

Pat Sims 90
12-02-2009, 06:03 PM

Yea because u guys still have William *** starting at Corner He could not cover anybody in a phone booth

ThePudge
12-02-2009, 06:11 PM

No. Our defense has played well, #1 in Scoring Defense, #3 in Rushing Defense, and #6 in Total Defense, but the Steelers have a more complete match of scheme and personnel. At the rate things are going, this'll be a real discussion next year in Mike Zimmer's 3rd year. Still, right now, I give respect where it's due and the Steelers defense (#3 in Total Defense, #1 Rush Defense) is still the NFL's gold standard on that side of the ball. To not think they'd be even better, more complete, with Polamalu back, well I'd have to call that a rather biased opinion.

Hines
12-02-2009, 06:45 PM
Yea because u guys still have William *** starting at Corner He could not cover anybody in a phone booth

He's actually a good corner. Just not a good starting corner.

PalmerToCJ
12-02-2009, 08:43 PM

Outplaying? No. I still think they can play even up with the Steelers D with Polamalu in there, Steelers have more potential for making big plays I will say that. You all losing Polamalu is like us losing Peko or Hall/Joseph, it would definitely hurt.

Either way two of the best D's in the league reside in the AFCN.

ThePudge
12-11-2009, 11:07 AM
http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Happy-Holidays-from-the-Cincinnati-Bengals/522e55d7-2b71-4f1b-ad17-562348284b67

A little Happy Holidays from the Bengals Linebackers.

Bengalsrocket
12-11-2009, 12:49 PM
http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Happy-Holidays-from-the-Cincinnati-Bengals/522e55d7-2b71-4f1b-ad17-562348284b67

A little Happy Holidays from the Bengals Linebackers.

hahahaha What is wrong with Abdul Hodge??? That is the most awful voice I've ever heard ("saaaaaaanta clause is comming to town.. saaaaaaaanta clause is comming to town")

Bengals78
12-11-2009, 02:01 PM
The guys in the back look lost.
At least Dhani, Rey, Hodge and Jeanty looked into it.

ThePudge
12-11-2009, 10:07 PM
hahahaha What is wrong with Abdul Hodge??? That is the most awful voice I've ever heard ("saaaaaaanta clause is comming to town.. saaaaaaaanta clause is comming to town")

They made Abdul sing that part because he has a higher, squeaky voice... so basically he was a given for that part. I agree though, awful hahaha. I loved Keith's part.

themaninblack
12-16-2009, 02:59 PM
Looks like Jerome Simpson will get some opportunities this Sunday:

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Simpsons-leap-Prove-naysayers-wrong/762828c6-ef73-43c8-adbd-64b9b9f9272c

Pat Sims 90
12-16-2009, 04:56 PM
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-Henry-suffers-very-serious-injuries-in-accident/612572f9-1819-49ed-a509-e503e8973908

Prays go out to Henry and his family. Not knowing his injury i expect him right now to never play a snap in NFL again if his injuries are that serouis

SC Igniter
12-17-2009, 05:47 AM
Prayers for Henry as he currently is on life support. I have been thinking about him a lot recently because of our passing woes and then this tragedy occurs. I have that same numb feeling again like I did when Zimmer's wife passed. This young guy has been through so much in his life, I hope he can pull it off once again and recover from these head injuries.

Shahin
12-17-2009, 11:25 AM
RIP Chris h

crites09
12-21-2009, 06:16 PM
Anyone else see that Anthony Collins is now our Practice Squad..

Pat Sims 90
12-21-2009, 08:27 PM
Anyone else see that Anthony Collins is now our Practice Squad..

Yea we also have 9 PS players so something is not right. If we cut Collins he would not make are PS someone would pick him up

crites09
12-21-2009, 08:37 PM
Yea we also have 9 PS players so something is not right. If we cut Collins he would not make are PS someone would pick him up

Agreed. I have been confused for awhile about this. I have been trying to find a article saying he has been released and put on practice squad but can't find any.

Bengalsrocket
12-21-2009, 09:25 PM
I'm going to guess that Darius Hill gets cut. Our TE position is stocked up with Kelly, Foschi, Coats & Coffman at the moment. I believe Utecht retired / is strongly considering retirement, but even without him, we're at 5 TE's right now, which is just to much.

crites09
12-22-2009, 07:41 AM
I'm going to guess that Darius Hill gets cut. Our TE position is stocked up with Kelly, Foschi, Coats & Coffman at the moment. I believe Utecht retired / is strongly considering retirement, but even without him, we're at 5 TE's right now, which is just to much.

Utecht was released, hasn't made a decision to retire yet. But we have Matt Sherry our 6th round pick from the draft 2 years ago on IR as well, so we still have 5.

Bengalsrocket
12-22-2009, 03:55 PM
Utecht was released, hasn't made a decision to retire yet. But we have Matt Sherry our 6th round pick from the draft 2 years ago on IR as well, so we still have 5.

See, this is my only problem with our front office. Why can't Mike Brown / Marvin Lewis commit to 3-4 TE's? I get that we had the two injuries, but having 5 guys to fill in those 2 guys roles is extremely inefficient and clearly not been effective.

Right when the season started, I would much rather have had DeDe Dorsey dressing every day than having Darius Hill or Matt Sherry on our practice squad. I mean we have 3 young TEs on this team, and all of them are receiving threats with sub par blocking skill (or at least experience) that grade out as basically "potential" and nothing else. It just seems silly to keep 3 "future" players on the team, that all play the same position and have the same skill sets.

I still can't believe we started the season with 7 Tight Ends.

crites09
12-22-2009, 04:53 PM
yup lol... and I agree that I wish Dede Dorsey was still a Bengals but then we would probably be saying the same thing about RB's. So I would rather have signed some Safety or kept Marvin White on the roster(he was one of my fav Bengals haha) just because of the situation we are in right now with Crocker down. I love Tom freakin Nelson but he just doesn't cut it right now.

ThePudge
12-22-2009, 05:03 PM
Had to chime in late, RIP Slim. Just a guy so misunderstood, and a guy that came so far. Since he had just recently put it all together off the field, you wonder if he was about to really put it together on the field. My bet would be yes. He wasn't a thug, and you know if there is a God out there he's going to know the amount of sacrifice he's had to endure, and the adversity that has plagued his NFL career through the league, fans, and media, and that said, we can imagine he's in a much better place.

Always a favorite of mine, and a role model for troubled young players and young men. A family man in every sense of the word that was just starting to see football as a passion rather than just a job. Amazing the amount of lives a troubled player was able to touch, and by all accounts his personal strength was remarkable. His responsibilities were always high and he had just came around, matured, and learned how to handle them all. Being a son, a brother, and a father of three at the same time as having the responsibility of a pro athlete (especially one with his image) could not have made for an easy life and the fact that he was able to smile, to work as hard as he did, and to cut ties with a lifestyle and group or friends... well, all I can say is that I look up to the guy.

R.I.P. Chris Henry. You'll be missed.

Bengals78
01-01-2010, 05:01 PM
Just thinkin bc of the main thread in the pro forums, but would you guys give up a 1st and 3rd for Marshall if we could sign him long term?

themaninblack
01-01-2010, 06:00 PM
Absolutely.

Bengals78
01-01-2010, 06:04 PM
I would to, but watching this game (rose bowl) i dont want any OSU or Oregon players anymore lol

Bengals78
01-03-2010, 07:19 PM
How great would it be if Derrick Johnson goes FA and we sign him. I know he hasnt been great lately but a lot of that is 3-4. In a 4-3 he used to be great.

Clarkpba
01-05-2010, 04:36 PM
The last thing the Bengals need on this team is Brandon Marshall. His attitude alone is enough to not want him around. But him and Chad could not work in the same locker room. if you bring in Brandon, Chad has to go. If you've noticed now that TJ is gone Chad isn't being such a locker room distraction. Those 2 have fought for attention all the way back to their Oregon State days.

Id love to see Derrick Johnson in stripes but the sad truth is 'ol Mike Brown isn't gonna poney up the cash to bring in a high end free agent. What everyone needs to really be worried about is the labor agreement running out. Everyone talks about there not being a cap. well if the cap goes away so does the minimum. there is a minimum that each team has to spend right now and if that goes away Tightwad Brown is liable to dump any and all high priced players. just something to keep in mind folks.

Bengals78
01-10-2010, 07:54 PM
The last thing the Bengals need on this team is Brandon Marshall. His attitude alone is enough to not want him around. But him and Chad could not work in the same locker room. if you bring in Brandon, Chad has to go. If you've noticed now that TJ is gone Chad isn't being such a locker room distraction. Those 2 have fought for attention all the way back to their Oregon State days.

Id love to see Derrick Johnson in stripes but the sad truth is 'ol Mike Brown isn't gonna poney up the cash to bring in a high end free agent. What everyone needs to really be worried about is the labor agreement running out. Everyone talks about there not being a cap. well if the cap goes away so does the minimum. there is a minimum that each team has to spend right now and if that goes away Tightwad Brown is liable to dump any and all high priced players. just something to keep in mind folks.

People say that about Brown being a Tightass but in actuality he has done more recently than a lot of other owners. He doesnt have the big bucks to spend. He brought in Odom and Utecht, while neither have panned out, they were the best signings for us.
Johnson could be a Bengal if he is let go in KC. Would be really nice. If the Reds can sign Aroldis Chapman the Bengals can get DJ

PalmerToCJ
01-11-2010, 12:34 AM
lol that Reds signing blew my mind, go figure... I'm pumped about it.

Brown is a businessman... He will do what is good for the business. He may be cheap but as we've seen time and time again, expensive FA's rarely make a difference on a team. I really was a fan of the Utecht signing. Obviously didn't work out but it was well worth the risk.

My real beef with Brown is the signing of draft picks and how it ALWAYS takes us longer than everyone else.

Bengals78
01-11-2010, 02:23 AM
lol that Reds signing blew my mind, go figure... I'm pumped about it.

Brown is a businessman... He will do what is good for the business. He may be cheap but as we've seen time and time again, expensive FA's rarely make a difference on a team. I really was a fan of the Utecht signing. Obviously didn't work out but it was well worth the risk.

My real beef with Brown is the signing of draft picks and how it ALWAYS takes us longer than everyone else.

I can almost guarentee once he sees the bottom line from this year with a playoff team he will be willing to spend for a few more guys. DJ could be one of them.

Splat
01-15-2010, 11:00 AM
Ochocinco going to the Pro Bowl (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/15/ochocinco-going-to-the-pro-bowl/)

Oh and DJ is a RFA so the only way he get's out of KC is by trade.

Pat Sims 90
01-15-2010, 02:44 PM
Ochocinco going to the Pro Bowl (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/15/ochocinco-going-to-the-pro-bowl/)

Oh and DJ is a RFA so the only way he get's out of KC is by trade.

Bengals Could offer DJ more then KC and they would have to match to retain him but if Cincinnati gets him they will have to give up a draft pick for him depending on the tender KC gives him

Bengalsrocket
01-16-2010, 02:17 AM
Why do we want more linebackers? lol.

Bengals78
01-16-2010, 02:45 AM
Why do we want more linebackers? lol.

Because we have 1 good reserve in Brandon Johnson.
Dhani is on his last leg IMO. Cant cover.

themaninblack
01-16-2010, 03:43 AM
Yea, I dont really see the need for a linebacker either. Its probably our strongest position all around. I would like to see Rey moved to the middle at some point and I have no problem with Jeanty being the SLB either.

Bengals78
01-16-2010, 04:01 AM
I dont think Jeanty is a starter. He is a back up at best.

themaninblack
01-16-2010, 11:52 AM
I think hes perfect for our scheme at SLB. He's a run thumper and I would have no problem with him being there.

Oh and I thought this was pretty cool:
“Andre is going to be a good player. He had a high percentage of ‘Wow blocks.’ He had some of the best pancakes I’ve ever seen."
-Paul Alexander.

Bengals78
01-16-2010, 01:21 PM
That is a good quote.

He might be a run thumper but he isnt great in coverage, I think Rey has impressed enough at SLB that might be HIS spot. Which leaves MLB open and if we can get someone like DJ, we should.

Bengals78
01-18-2010, 09:14 PM
Found a picture of Shayne Grahams cat:

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/funny-pictures-cat-likes-the-kick.jpg

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/funnypics/images/f/fail_cat-12837.jpg

PalmerToCJ
01-19-2010, 12:49 AM
I think it's too soon to mention his name... Ugh... lol.

Bengals78
01-19-2010, 12:53 AM
haha....he is the new ray finkle

Clarkpba
01-19-2010, 05:48 AM
What is it with kickers and the jets. I'm wondering if they are paying them off or something. you got our sorry excuse for a kicker in the wild card round then they go out and make the best kicker in football Kaeding miss 3 of them in the next round. I think they are slipping them either some drugs or money....something odd going for sure.

Bengals78
01-19-2010, 07:51 AM
John Clayton just said the Broncos are gonna try to trade Tony Scheffler.
This would be an interesting possibility. If we could get him for cheap, I think we should. He always seemed like a well rounded TE. Good blocker, good hands. Just what we need.

Pat Sims 90
01-19-2010, 10:51 AM
John Clayton just said the Broncos are gonna try to trade Tony Scheffler.
This would be an interesting possibility. If we could get him for cheap, I think we should. He always seemed like a well rounded TE. Good blocker, good hands. Just what we need.

Yea i would love to get Tony Scheffler With are new offense i think he would fit in perfect. I am wondering what the Broncos want for him. I would think a 3rd round pick. Tony G went for a 2nd last year. I would give up a 3rd round pick to get him then we can address WR and S in the 1st 2 rounds

Bengals78
01-19-2010, 11:20 AM
Yea i would love to get Tony Scheffler With are new offense i think he would fit in perfect. I am wondering what the Broncos want for him. I would think a 3rd round pick. Tony G went for a 2nd last year. I would give up a 3rd round pick to get him then we can address WR and S in the 1st 2 rounds

From what some Broncos fans have said, it sounds like a fire sale of "non-McDaniels" players and could be had for a 4th and maybe 5th or something like that.

themaninblack
01-19-2010, 11:55 AM
Well we're gonna get an extra 3rd round pick most likely because of TJ so it could really work out for us in that regard. I'm all for it.

Bengals78
01-19-2010, 11:59 AM
Well lets make a billboard for Mike to see lol.

Clarkpba
01-19-2010, 05:23 PM
Dont tell Mike Brown thats what us fans want then it will never happen. Sheffler would be a good pick up and allow the draft to be used for other needs. I just hope the bengals will be proactive for a change and try to make it happen. I wouldn't expect it to happen though.

themaninblack
01-19-2010, 11:58 PM
Scheffler would make me pretty happy as I'm opposed to a TE in the first but thankfully there seems to be some pretty good talent so one in the 2nd or 3rd would work too. Martellus Bennett could also be a possibility but thats prolly wishful thinking. If we can get Scheffler for a fourth or a fifth i'm all for it.

Bengals78
01-20-2010, 07:14 AM
Scheffler is much more likely than Bennett, we offered a ton to Dallas for him at the deadline and couldnt do it.

crites09
01-21-2010, 09:41 PM
Try and snag Fred Davis from the Redskins... he is a beauty

Pat Sims 90
01-22-2010, 12:10 AM

Redskins wont trade Davis with Cooley injury history and TEs are used alot in Shannahans Offense

themaninblack
01-22-2010, 11:18 AM
Scheffler is much more likely than Bennett, we offered a ton to Dallas for him at the deadline and couldnt do it.

Oh I agree but it seems like were gonna have some picks to play around with though IDK what our situation looks like as far as money is concerned.

Bengals78
01-22-2010, 11:29 AM

That was pretty kick ass in the forum mock lol

Bengals78
01-22-2010, 11:44 AM
Oh I agree but it seems like were gonna have some picks to play around with though IDK what our situation looks like as far as money is concerned.

I would prefer to use those picks to snag a Veteran TE than drafting a guy who might be a project or bust. And then be back at square one.

Trade for a Scheffler
Draft:
Golden Tate - Big play threat
Reshad Jones - I think would be a steal here
Ciron Black (As a guard) - Big powerful blocker. Footwork suits OG better
Freddie Barnes - Hands of glue. Would be great on third and shorts to run out in the slots for a play action.

MizzouBig12
02-12-2010, 01:21 PM
Bengals sign Matt Jones (http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/35367939/ns/sports-player_news/)

Pat Sims 90
02-15-2010, 05:45 PM
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2010/02/12/kicker-an-ongoing-evaluation/

Thank you Mike Brown for not bringing back Graham

themaninblack
02-15-2010, 08:19 PM
Yea, I was gonna be pretty heated if we did. That said, do we address K via the draft?

crites09
02-15-2010, 08:36 PM
I think we should bring in Nick Folk for a tryout

Bengals78
02-15-2010, 08:36 PM
Yea, I was gonna be pretty heated if we did. That said, do we address K via the draft?

I say go FA and get a kicker we can put on the PS and use next year.

Pat Sims 90
02-16-2010, 12:10 PM
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2010/02/12/kicker-an-ongoing-evaluation/

Thank you Mike Brown for not bringing back Graham

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-to-talk-to-Graham-Smith-begins-rehab/987966ad-eb59-437f-9070-78bf2c70e7d1

Looks like we are still talking to Graham i will be so pissed if we bring him back i might not go to training camp this year if that happened

PalmerToCJ
02-16-2010, 12:14 PM
Graham can only hit the short ones and I don't really trust him more than any normal kicker in clutch spots so I'm all about some new blood.

hobbes2053
02-16-2010, 12:24 PM
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-to-talk-to-Graham-Smith-begins-rehab/987966ad-eb59-437f-9070-78bf2c70e7d1

Looks like we are still talking to Graham i will be so pissed if we bring him back i might not go to training camp this year if that happenends

I definitely want a new kicker. I'll be pissed if that happenends too :D

StripedWalrus
02-17-2010, 12:42 AM
I think we should bring in Nick Folk for a tryout

I would rather have Graham Kicking than Folk....

Pat Sims 90
02-17-2010, 12:55 AM
I would rather have Graham Kicking than Folk....

I agree atleast Graham can make short FG just not ones over +50 yards and Clutch Kicks

Pat Sims 90
02-24-2010, 04:21 PM
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-in-Hall-of-Fame-Game-vs-Cowboys/ba2de80e-3227-4f46-b864-684dd36e7b16

Awesome News since i only live an hour away from Canton i am going to try and get tickets to this game

PalmerToCJ
02-24-2010, 08:21 PM
Sweet. Less time we have to wait for the season to 'start'. Plus we'll get to see some prime time games next year. I hate NBC games but beggars can't be choosers.

I'm going to throw this out there since it was brought up in the draft thread.

Say you can only choose Joseph or Hall to re-sign, which one do you take?

hobbes2053
02-24-2010, 09:37 PM
Sweet. Less time we have to wait for the season to 'start'. Plus we'll get to see some prime time games next year. I hate NBC games but beggars can't be choosers.

I'm going to throw this out there since it was brought up in the draft thread.

Say you can only choose Joseph or Hall to re-sign, which one do you take?

I gotta take Joseph because Hall went to Michigan :D

Bengalsrocket
02-24-2010, 09:53 PM
I think Hall is the better player, but I don't really care either way. I hope the front office has some sort of a plan for losing one though, I don't want to be stuck fishing through second rate free agent defensive backs like in years past.

PalmerToCJ
03-24-2010, 12:11 AM
I love how Mike Brown was one of 4 to vote against the overtime rules for the postseason lol... I mean, it only makes sense.

themaninblack
03-24-2010, 01:44 AM
He was also only one of the two that voted against the current CBA, IIRC. But yea, I am for the change, as are most.

PalmerToCJ
03-24-2010, 01:36 PM
Yeah, hard to bash him for the CBA deal since he was pretty much right and not just being hard headed... His reason for going against this one I have no idea.

themaninblack
03-24-2010, 03:25 PM
Well apparently he says he's going to vote for it when they vote for the regular season.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Brown-says-hell-vote-for-OT-change-in-regular-season/20632998-d7e5-4e3b-ae19-0eb83a2bb6c3

crites09
03-24-2010, 03:48 PM
Well apparently he says he's going to vote for it when they vote for the regular season.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Brown-says-hell-vote-for-OT-change-in-regular-season/20632998-d7e5-4e3b-ae19-0eb83a2bb6c3

Makes sense. Might as well have the same rules in regular season and playoffs

Bengalsrocket
03-24-2010, 05:27 PM
I agree with Mike on this one. in a 16 game season, every game is so important it's extremely silly to say that the rule is important for the play offs and not the regular season.

I honestly don't care either way if they change the OT rules, as long as the rules stay consistent. If nothing else, it sets a precedent for future rules which is important. It would be ridiculous if a trend like this were to continue.

PalmerToCJ
03-24-2010, 08:55 PM
Hmmm... Go Mike Brown?

I did think it was stupid to only change for the Playoffs but they're worried about players getting hurt due to this... Makes sense somewhat. I think they should be the same either way.

Bengals78
05-02-2010, 02:05 PM
Encouraging news:
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Sunday-quick-hits/636c2c15-06c9-45c0-8936-b79fa9ae9069

Marvin says Jermaine is way ahead of where they expected him to be.

crites09
05-02-2010, 11:00 PM
Encouraging news:
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Sunday-quick-hits/636c2c15-06c9-45c0-8936-b79fa9ae9069

Marvin says Jermaine is way ahead of where they expected him to be.

I think its going to be funny... Gresham will turn into a beast for us, win OROY and we will all be praising him and stuff... and most of us, myself included didn't really want him... Although I really like the pick now

Bengals78
05-02-2010, 11:09 PM
I think its going to be funny... Gresham will turn into a beast for us, win OROY and we will all be praising him and stuff... and most of us, myself included didn't really want him... Although I really like the pick now

Its not that I didnt want Gresham, its just I REALLY wanted Earl and Sergio (Pre-Injury news)

crites09
05-03-2010, 12:05 AM
Its not that I didnt want Gresham, its just I REALLY wanted Earl and Sergio (Pre-Injury news)

I dunno... I remember you saying how you didn't want Gresham and how he was a project and stuff

Bengals78
05-03-2010, 01:51 AM
I dunno... I remember you saying how you didn't want Gresham and how he was a project and stuff

I said Graham was a project and didnt want him.
I rode the "we dont use TE as a receiver" bus lol.

But if people gave us him when Earl and Kindle were there I was sad about it.

StripedWalrus
05-03-2010, 11:20 AM

ahahah Alot of people rode that bus. I didnt really ride that bus...I remember defending Gresham picks in mock draft for about 2 months and just gave up. However I did always support Earl Thomas if he was there...and I did support the "If Dez Thomas was there we would take him" bus.

Still whether we were wrong or right its gunna be nice when Gresham kicks butt!

Bengals78
05-03-2010, 11:43 AM
ahahah Alot of people rode that bus. I didnt really ride that bus...I remember defending Gresham picks in mock draft for about 2 months and just gave up. However I did always support Earl Thomas if he was there...and I did support the "If Dez Thomas was there we would take him" bus.

With who was left and the fall of Sergio, I was really glad Jermaine was the pick.

ThePudge
05-03-2010, 12:29 PM

Seconded. I would have taken Thomas in stride because he could play some corner this year, defend the slot, and take over a starting spot in 2011. We don't have a whole lot of instinctive ball-hawks and we could use a playmaker like Thomas in the secondary. I couldn't be more excited though as I feel like everyone will really notice Gresham's impact this year.

themaninblack
05-03-2010, 03:38 PM
I sure hope you're right Pudgy. The man has immense talent and the frame/desire to be a capable blocker with some refinement. Given what went down on draft day I do think he was the right pick. I wanted Dez because the dude's just a monster but Gresh definitely fits the team better with his lack of character concerns and he probably fills a more pressing need at this point.

Hopefully Antonio Bryant will prove to be a worthy signing as well. I think this pick shows their confidence in him and I hope they're right about that.

Pat Sims 90
05-03-2010, 06:50 PM
I sure hope you're right Pudgy. The man has immense talent and the frame/desire to be a capable blocker with some refinement. Given what went down on draft day I do think he was the right pick. I wanted Dez because the dude's just a monster but Gresh definitely fits the team better with his lack of character concerns and he probably fills a more pressing need at this point.

Hopefully Antonio Bryant will prove to be a worthy signing as well. I think this pick shows their confidence in him and I hope they're right about that.

Bryant can't be any worse then Coles last year.

Really i think the only thing that can hold this offense back is the pass protection. It started to improve some down the stretch that will be the key to how well the offense does this year. That and avoiding injuries.
Smith should be better at RT then Roland last year hopefully he can stay healthy.

Palmer really has no excuses this year if he struggles and the OL plays well. The idea this offseason was to give Palmer more weapons and they have clearly done that.

crites09
05-03-2010, 07:36 PM

I know, I'm just buggin you and I was one that bus too. I didn't really want Gresham unless a lot of other guys were gone. Hopefully he does well for us and has a productive career

derza222
05-05-2010, 12:01 PM
Palmer really has no excuses this year if he struggles and the OL plays well. The idea this offseason was to give Palmer more weapons and they have clearly done that.

If Palmer still struggles in an otherwise good situation (weapons stay healthy, decent run game, OL protects him) how much more time do you guys think the organization will keep him around? At that point Palmer's pretty much holding the team back more than anything else, but I wonder if they show any loyalty.

Bengalsrocket
05-05-2010, 06:09 PM
If Palmer still struggles in an otherwise good situation (weapons stay healthy, decent run game, OL protects him) how much more time do you guys think the organization will keep him around? At that point Palmer's pretty much holding the team back more than anything else, but I wonder if they show any loyalty.

Palmer is not going anywhere. When Mike Brown starts thinking about cutting Palmer I'll mail him a DvD with Akili Smith / Jon Kitna / every other non franchise QB we've had as a starter.

Palmer isn't the best franchise QB in the league, maybe he's near the bottom of the list even. But he is a franchise QB and a guy who can take you places. I think it would be a mistake to risk everything by trying to get someone better in place of him.

As far as the Gresham pick goes, I really liked it. I talked to PalmerToCJ right before the draft and we both wanted Dezzy B, but I think Gresham was still a good pick.

I wanted Dez Bryant because I feel our future at WR looks bad. Simpson is borderline making the roster this year, Caldwell doesn't seem like he'll ever amount to anything more than a slot WR and Chad is old. That left Antonio Bryant and Matt Jones as our future.

I think Gresham is the better fit for our team, all around. However, I still think my concerns over the receiver position and the future are legitimate (or at least were). I don't think Shipley, Briscoe or Caldwell can ever be more than a #2. That means we have 2 options:

1) Resign Chad next year.

2) Don't resign Chad and let Antonio take the #1 spot.

No one else on the roster can play that position, and I highly doubt any rookie will be able to step in (in 2011). The problem is, we might start seeing signs of Chad slowing down and we have no idea how Antonio will perform in this atmosphere (he could be Coles 2.0 for us).

I wanted Dez to free up some of the question marks for 2011. Not because I thought he was a better overall fit for the team.

In the end though, I concede that it would have been a bad decision to draft Dez over Gresham. I think Gresham is an amazing fit for us, and I think we can use him to help us win games now and he may end up holding that spot down for the next 10+ years.

Clarkpba
05-06-2010, 11:30 AM
I hope I'm wrong about Palmer but with everything I've seen the last 2 years i dont think I am. The bad thing is if he struggles again the bengals will be drafting pretty high and may be in the running for one of the top 3 guys that should be in the draft next year....Mallet, Locker, and Luck. Out of those 3 I feel Mallet has the best tools and ability to make it as a star in the League. The other 2 may be very productive but they have some more work to do then Mallet. I really wish Cinci would have taken one of the second tier QB's in this past draft like Pike. Just as a backup plan. I'm very hopefull that the Gresham pick will help him out by opening up the middle of the field more. Palmer has shown he likes to dump off passes to the Tight Ends. The bad part has been the stone hands that have played there the last 2 years.

Bengalsrocket
05-06-2010, 01:55 PM
If you're right and Palmer does struggle this year (which I don't think he will), why do you think Mike Brown would throw a bunch of money at a QB this year?

realistically, Mike Brown will ride Palmer's struggles for at least 2-3 more years.

Pat Sims 90
05-06-2010, 02:19 PM
If you're right and Palmer does struggle this year (which I don't think he will), why do you think Mike Brown would throw a bunch of money at a QB this year?

realistically, Mike Brown will ride Palmer's struggles for at least 2-3 more years.

What he said right there. I would just wait for Matt Barkley to come out.

PalmerToCJ
05-06-2010, 09:56 PM
I had a few reasons why I thought/wanted Bryant...

1. He just fits the typical Mike Brown pick
2. I'm also worried about the future at WR, I really don't think CJ re-signs and I'm not sold on Bryant.
3. They just don't value TE's that much (no matter how bad we need one)

I'm not against the Gresham pick, just wasn't my favorite. If Bryant were gone, I would've had zero issue with it.

I think this is a big year for Palmer... He should have adequate (not great) weapons. Not to mention coming off a playoff year with what should be another strong defense, it's time to produce.

Clarkpba
05-07-2010, 05:41 AM

I do think Mike Brown would throw a bunch of money at a QB. If you remember he did draft David Klingler and Akili Smith before he actually got one right with Palmer. In the past he has also paid good money for free agents like Scott Mitchell, and Gus Ferrott. Unless something happens with the CBA dont be shocked if Palmer struggles pretty bad to see him get let go like they did with Coles since it wont count against any salary cap.

touchdownmaker
05-13-2010, 09:48 AM
I am a Giants fan, but I had a question for the Jungle...

I wanted to know who your Mike linebacker was? I thought it was Dhani Jones. Was Mauluga in for three downs? Where was he used? Mike or Sam?

hobbes2053
05-13-2010, 12:07 PM
I am a Giants fan, but I had a question for the Jungle...

I wanted to know who your Mike linebacker was? I thought it was Dhani Jones. Was Mauluga in for three downs? Where was he used? Mike or Sam?

Dhani is our MLB as of right now, but it's clear to see that they're prepping Rey to slide in to the middle once he leaves. Last year, Rey played Sam with Rivers at Will.

Bengals78
05-13-2010, 12:09 PM
Rey was our SAM.
Dhani was our MIKE.

Rey is the heir apparent to the MIKE spot in a year or so.

touchdownmaker
05-13-2010, 03:34 PM
Thanks guys

Hines
05-18-2010, 10:49 AM
Vote now!

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41302

PalmerToCJ
05-18-2010, 12:13 PM
Done... Gave it to Rice although for our scheme Benson is the best fit.

SC Igniter
05-19-2010, 05:53 AM
Bengals might be well served in trying to sign JJ to a long term contract before Revis gets his payday. It will only make it worse if they wait.

Clarkpba
05-19-2010, 05:58 AM
The way I see it we all better enjoy watching our great corners playing together this year, because I feel its the last you will. The only way we get one more year of it is they keep the franchise tag around. I cant see Mike Brown throwing down the cash it will take to keep J Joe and Leon Hall both around for the long haul. Plus i have a feeling that one will want to be the featured shut down corner on a team and they have to share the spotlight in Cinci. I really hope the Bengals kind find a way to keep both of them though.

Hines
05-19-2010, 12:34 PM
WR is up.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41310

Bengals78
05-19-2010, 01:11 PM
WR is up.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41310

We doing one for best dancer?

Hines
05-20-2010, 04:21 PM
WR number 2 is up

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41324

Hines
05-22-2010, 03:09 PM
Number 3 is up.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41341

Hines
05-24-2010, 01:37 PM
TE is up.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41358

Hines
05-26-2010, 11:32 AM
LT is up

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41373

Hines
05-26-2010, 05:07 PM
FB is up.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41378

Hines
05-28-2010, 09:09 AM
LG is up.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41396

Shahin
05-29-2010, 11:42 PM
Damn, we need to get the best something. Corners for sure.

Hines
05-30-2010, 12:32 PM
Center is up.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41414

Hines
06-02-2010, 09:41 AM
RG is up.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41442

PalmerToCJ
06-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Shayne Graham to the Ravens. Quote off PFT via CincyJungle lol

He tried to sign the contract, but missed badly and signed the desk instead.

Good guy but it was time for us to move on.

Pat Sims 90
06-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Shayne Graham to the Ravens. Quote off PFT via CincyJungle lol

Good guy but it was time for us to move on.

Well we know now if the Ravens need a FG to win against us it won't happen if Graham is kicking.

themaninblack
06-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Na, that'll prolly come back to bite us in the ass.

PalmerToCJ
06-03-2010, 09:49 PM
Na, that'll prolly come back to bite us in the ass.

This is probably the way things will work out. Not only will he hit a late kick but it'll be beyond 40 yards.

Bengals78
06-03-2010, 10:05 PM
This is probably the way things will work out. Not only will he hit a late kick but it'll be beyond 40 yards.

HAhahahahahhaahahhaha Graham making it in the 4th over 40 hahahahahahahahhaahahhahaahhahahaa

Hines
06-04-2010, 01:24 PM
RT is up.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41461

Hines
06-06-2010, 05:16 PM
DE is up.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41479

Hines
06-09-2010, 09:21 PM
DT is up.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41507

Hines
06-14-2010, 01:11 PM
The other starting DE is up.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41548

crites09
06-15-2010, 06:43 PM
We started negotiations on a contract extension with Jonathan Joseph!! Good news hopefully will come before start of season that we lock him up for 5-6 years

Also Rod Woodson joins Bengals coaching staff as intern coach for mini camp and training camp.

PalmerToCJ
06-15-2010, 07:24 PM
Very happy to hear this about Joseph. I think they can afford to lock both up because they won't need as strong of a supporting cast when those two are on pass coverage.

Probably the reason I'm still comfortable with the safety core is because of them. It's not like in '05 where you have Ohalete getting exposed constantly because James couldn't cover anyone.

Hines
06-16-2010, 11:32 AM
OLB is up.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41567

crites09
06-20-2010, 10:59 AM
Nice little article from John Clayton

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=5301274

Hines
06-22-2010, 12:41 PM
The other OLB is up.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41625

PalmerToCJ
06-22-2010, 04:13 PM
I tend to agree with Clayton. I don't think the record will be as good this year but it's not a product so much of the team regressing (as in '06) but just playing a tougher schedule. Not to mention potential for big injuries.

Very encouraging article, it won't let me +rep you again or I would lol. Especially happy to read about Palmer and Jones.

I actually hadn't seen that Michael Johnson was officially transitioning to SLB. That will surely help the pass rush on passing downs.

I'm pretty comfortable with the team they'll put out there next season. What I do like about the offense is that now there seems to be better balance... In the event Benson did get hurt I'm far more comfortable in the way the offense can work. Plus, they were good enough to beat the Steelers without Benson because the defense is so dominant at times.

I can't explain how much I enjoy finally having a defensive team.

Shahin
06-24-2010, 06:57 PM
Heard Benson approached the team about an extension? DO IT

Bengals78
06-24-2010, 07:15 PM
Heard Benson approached the team about an extension? DO IT

Sounds like he wants to stay here.
Id offer a 2 or 3 year extension. In this division, I dont know if I would go over.

Hines
06-25-2010, 01:14 PM
MLB is up.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41665

crites09
06-25-2010, 11:06 PM
Dezmon Briscoe first draft pick signed

Hines
06-28-2010, 12:05 PM
2nd MLB is up.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41689

JFLO
06-30-2010, 06:36 PM
I need help...

someone give me the Bengals team needs...I've found them to be the toughest to rate...

thanks to whoever.

Bengals78
06-30-2010, 06:48 PM
Future #1 WR - Ocho/Bryant arent spring chickens, Shipley and Dez dont project to #1's

FS and SS - Our current starters are old and have trouble staying healthy. Not much depth at FS.

Bengalsrocket
06-30-2010, 09:04 PM
Safety has to be the biggest concern.

We are old at WR and as always you can never go wrong with more interior linemen and halfbacks.

Also, I would put Fullback as a future need at the moment.

Hines
07-03-2010, 02:12 PM
CB is up.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41769