PDA

View Full Version : Getting hyped over Jackson

Sportsfan486
05-08-2007, 01:47 PM
So the more video I watch on Brandon Jackson, the more I like him. He's amazingly shifty; his head and hips always seem to be on a swivel. Burst looks great, speed good, toughness and attitude is pretty apparent and he seems to have that nasty edge you look for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7LqfRdnT0I

Color me excited, I think we got a real steal.

TitleTown088
05-08-2007, 01:51 PM
I think him and Wynn will turn out to be good picks. I am very impressed with Jacksons recieving ability.

neko4
05-08-2007, 01:54 PM
I think him and Wynn will turn out to be good picks. I am very impressed with Jacksons recieving ability.

Thatsa big reason why we drafted him. Favre loved having Green/Fisher catch passes out of the backfield

princefielder28
05-08-2007, 02:14 PM
Jackson will be a nice second option in the early years and I think Morency can carry the load. If Morency were to go down I would trust Jackson's abilities to get the job done.

Moses
05-08-2007, 02:26 PM
Jackson will be a nice second option in the early years and I think Morency can carry the load. If Morency were to go down I would trust Jackson's abilities to get the job done.

I think they'll split carries and end the season with similar carrying totals. I don't think either one is ready to carry the load yet but as a tandem I think they could be very dangerous. Also, they really fit with what the Packers want to do on offence which is a big plus. Jackson has a lot of similarities to Ahman Green who was the focal point of the offence for over 4 years.

umphrey
05-08-2007, 02:29 PM
I see it like Indy last year. They had a reliable vet in Rhodes and did RBBC all year, the rookie (Addai) started slow but got more and more work because he was the better player and he was fresh later in the year.

I see Jackson as a complete back though. He has the tools to get 20 carries a game as the #1 ball carrier. Any back is going to need another guy to spell him, but I see Jackson as being a #1 if he turns out like TT hopes.

TitleTown088
05-08-2007, 03:01 PM
I see it like Indy last year. They had a reliable vet in Rhodes and did RBBC all year, the rookie (Addai) started slow but got more and more work because he was the better player and he was fresh later in the year.

I see Jackson as a complete back though. He has the tools to get 20 carries a game as the #1 ball carrier. Any back is going to need another guy to spell him, but I see Jackson as being a #1 if he turns out like TT hopes.

So who is the Packers' reliable vet?As much as a like Jackosn I really doubt Jackson will be able to come in and be the feature back. The packers will almost surly use a running back committe.

Moses
05-08-2007, 03:21 PM
So who is the Packers' reliable vet?As much as a like Jackosn I really doubt Jackson will be able to come in and be the feature back. The packers will almost surly use a running back committe.

I think it's for the better that way. In today's NFL it's better to split carries because the runningbacks will be more likely to last until playoff time. Plus, if one goes down you still have a guy with some experience.

princefielder28
05-08-2007, 03:22 PM
I think they'll split carries and end the season with similar carrying totals. I don't think either one is ready to carry the load yet but as a tandem I think they could be very dangerous. Also, they really fit with what the Packers want to do on offence which is a big plus. Jackson has a lot of similarities to Ahman Green who was the focal point of the offence for over 4 years.

As the season progresses their carries will balance out but in the beginning Morency will get definitely more.

PACKmanN
05-08-2007, 03:31 PM
Jackson=Portis, he reminds me alot like him.

JF4
05-08-2007, 03:33 PM
That was a very impressive highlight reel, some of the cutbacks are sick. He is a very elusive runner and quick runner but he doesn't really seem to have that break away speed. Guys without that elite speed can still be very productive in the NFL so it doesn't really bother me. I can see him and Morency splitting carries for most of the year. Then next year I can see him getting the bulk of the carries. If our O-Line can improve on what was a pretty good year last year I think that Morency and Jackson can get the job done.

PackAttack
05-08-2007, 03:37 PM
Jackson=Portis, he reminds me alot like him.

I agree...only I see Jackson as a slightly better receiver.

If the Pack's coaching staff can get Wynn motivated and working hard his raw talent is undeniable. Morency clearly has the ability to be a great change of pace back and Jackson, given time, can be the "load carrier"

Best case scenario:

As the season begins Jackson and Morency each get 12-15 carries with Wynn coming in for 4-6 "tough yardage" touches. As the season goes on Jackson goes up to 15-20 carries a game with Morency and Wynn spelling him.

I would not at all be surprised to see Jackson end up with 1000 yards, 8-10 TDs and 35-45 receptions for another 300 yards. All in all, I think this running back group and O-line has 1800-1900 yard potential.

M1Koter
05-08-2007, 03:41 PM
wow, did anyone see this, it makes me really glad we picked this guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrTzP6MLQis&mode=related&search=

Moses
05-08-2007, 03:44 PM
wow, did anyone see this, it makes me really glad we picked this guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrTzP6MLQis&mode=related&search=

I saw it awhile ago. He's a high character guy. I love his leadership qualities both on and off the field. If he can improve in coverage, he would be the ideal SS for the Packers.

neko4
05-08-2007, 05:31 PM
Im fine w/ RB by comitee.
Herron or Wynn will compete for the short yardage spot, one of the 2 will get cut this summer more than likely.
Morency and Jackson will get the load outside of that. Also I feel that the FB spot will become irrelevant and Miree could get cut, but Im not sure. I really feel sad that we released Henderson, I felt he still had a good year left.

I'm like him...
http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper305/stills/39961a8i.jpg

BTW is Corey Dillon still out there?

johbur
05-08-2007, 07:42 PM
I agree...only I see Jackson as a slightly better receiver.

If the Pack's coaching staff can get Wynn motivated and working hard his raw talent is undeniable. Morency clearly has the ability to be a great change of pace back and Jackson, given time, can be the "load carrier"

Best case scenario:

As the season begins Jackson and Morency each get 12-15 carries with Wynn coming in for 4-6 "tough yardage" touches. As the season goes on Jackson goes up to 15-20 carries a game with Morency and Wynn spelling him.

I would not at all be surprised to see Jackson end up with 1000 yards, 8-10 TDs and 35-45 receptions for another 300 yards. All in all, I think this running back group and O-line has 1800-1900 yard potential.

A rookie getting 1300 yards and 10 TDs wouldn't surprise you? OK... Very few rookies get 1000 yards their rookie season. How many carries is Jackson going to get? Considering Morency and Herron are there elarning the system, working in the off-season program and will have a rapport with Favre. Maybe he gets 100? I'd like to see him contribute around 600 total yards including his catches, and I'd still like him to get 10 TDs. 4 is more realistic for him, though. That'd be a solid year for a late second round pick that came out early and has had injury problems that have limited the number of games he's played the past three years.

I agree with you that the O-line should be having a goal of 2000 combined rushing yards. I think it will be Morency to get over 1000, with Jackson having 450 and Herron to have around 300. Toss in Wynn if he's a FB, or maybe he'll take Herron' spot and get those yards.

neko4
05-08-2007, 08:19 PM
Brandon Jackson
5-10 210
4.55 40
7.00 3 cone
4.14 20 Yard Shuttle

Frank Gore
5-9 217
4.65 40
6.95 3 cone
4.13 20 yard shuttle

IMO, jackson is a faster, lighter Gore. Plus Gore was probably hurt during his 40.

BTW is Jackson 5-10 or -11? I read somewhere that he was 5-11, but scott has him at 5-9 and 7/8ths

jackalope
05-09-2007, 07:31 AM
I really like the Jackson pick also. I love the way he runs. He doesn't just get tackled, he keeps going until he's on the ground.

Sportsfan486
05-09-2007, 01:14 PM
I really like the Jackson pick also. I love the way he runs. He doesn't just get tackled, he keeps going until he's on the ground.

Yeah and his speed isn't bad on film (he was actually a 4.4 guy coming out of HS, so he could very well speed up with NFL weight-training.) I love his running style too, very determined and instinctive.. seems to have great vision.