PDA

View Full Version : Starters

tom
05-08-2007, 03:07 PM
What rookies will take over a starting position by the time the season rolls around?

bored of education
05-08-2007, 03:12 PM
Calvin Johnson will start. Joe Thomas will start. Gaines Adams will start. Laron Landry will start. Levi Brown will start. Ted Ginn Jr will start. Patrick Willis will start. Adam Carriker will start. Marshawn Lynch will start. Reggie Nelson will start. Jarvis Moss will start. Dwayne Bowe will start. Ben Grubbs will start. Jamal Anderson will start. Anthony Spencer will start. Aaron Ross will start. Revis will start.

want me keep going?

tom
05-08-2007, 03:17 PM
Calvin Johnson will start. Joe Thomas will start. Gaines Adams will start. Laron Landry will start. Levi Brown will start. Ted Ginn Jr will start. Patrick Willis will start. Adam Carriker will start. Marshawn Lynch will start. Reggie Nelson will start. Jarvis Moss will start. Dwayne Bowe will start. Ben Grubbs will start. Jamal Anderson will start. Anthony Spencer will start. Aaron Ross will start. Revis will start.

want me keep going?

please do... how about Timmons?

bored of education
05-08-2007, 03:18 PM
Sure, add Timmons.

JustJoe2k5
05-08-2007, 03:19 PM
Jon Beason
Dwayne Jarrett
Ryan Kalil

All three could start for the Panthers.

tom
05-08-2007, 03:22 PM
what about russell? Quinn?

bored of education
Not right away.

tom
Sepulveda?

Shiver
05-08-2007, 03:25 PM
The Falcons will have at least three, maybe four.

Locks

Justin Blalock | LG
Jamaal Anderson | LE
Chris Houston | RCB

Maybe

Stephen Nicholas | WLB

That depends on the health of Demorrio Williams.

tom
05-08-2007, 03:26 PM
what about Big Daddy LW?

Flyboy
05-08-2007, 03:27 PM
I can definitely see Meachem starting opposite of Colston come game one against Indy. Wouldn't surprise me to see Andy Alleman possibly take over Nesbit's spot on the offensive line. The biggest "shocker" could come if Walter Thomas actually make a roster spot for us... he could be the starter next to Hollis Thomas rather than Young. We'll see.

Moses
05-08-2007, 03:32 PM
1st Round Starters

JaMarcus Russell
Calvin Johnson
Joe Thomas
Gaines Adams
Levi Brown
LaRon Landry
Jamaal Anderson
Ted Ginn Jr.
Amobi Okoye
Patrick Willis
Marshawn Lynch
Lawrence Timmons
Reggie Nelson
Brady Quinn
Jon Beason
Joe Staley
Ben Grubbs

Nightmares Win 6-0
05-08-2007, 03:33 PM
amobi okoye is the only sure starter drafted by the texans...

jones and bennett may start, and frye could eventually start depending on injuries...

The Unseen
05-08-2007, 03:35 PM
There may actually be a question if Reggie Nelson starts. There's a rumor around that he will be the nickel back and Gerald Sensabaugh will start at FS. I could see it happening, but I think he'll probably start at FS.

JF4
05-08-2007, 03:41 PM
For the Packers

Will Most Likely Start:
DT Justin Harrell
K Mason Crosby

Might Start:
RB Brandon Jackson

That's pretty much it, I can't see James Jones or Clowney taking over Jennings and I can't see Rouse winning the SS spot.

skinzzfan25
05-08-2007, 03:58 PM
I don't ever recall a rookie being started in GWs defense. Landry should come in full time probably after the bye week (week 4).

Although, most people aren't happy with siting Rocky for so long. First game he starts he goes over 10 tackles. And GW has said that he is very impressed with Landry.

So probably not, but there is a slight chance.

Moses
05-08-2007, 04:01 PM
I don't ever recall a rookie being started in GWs defense. Landry should come in full time probably after the bye week (week 4).

Although, most people aren't happy with siting Rocky for so long. First game he starts he goes over 10 tackles. And GW has said that he is very impressed with Landry.

So probably not, but there is a slight chance.

That's a good point but the team might be described as "rebuilding" now. That said, even Sean Taylor took a few weeks to assume a starting role.

EdReedUnstoppable
05-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Ben Grubbs will start at RG, Yamon Figurs will be the starting KR/PR guy, and Le'Ron McClain will be at FB for the Ravens this year.

etk
05-08-2007, 04:06 PM
Gaines Adams will not start for the Bucs barring any injuries. Arron Sears has a better chance of starting.

Phrost
05-08-2007, 04:20 PM

want me keep going?

LOL.....Nice. Yeah they all will start, at first at least.

skinzzfan25
05-08-2007, 04:25 PM
That's a good point but the team might be described as "rebuilding" now. That said, even Sean Taylor took a few weeks to assume a starting role.

Not the whole team, just the defense. Landry is already pretty seasoned though, for a rookie. Coming from a 4 year starter at one of the best defenses in the nation.

He's in full time after the bye in my book.

Caddy
05-08-2007, 04:32 PM
I can see Gaines Adams, Arron Sears and Sabby Piscitelli all starting by the end of the season in Tampa.

Shiver
05-08-2007, 04:40 PM
The Falcons will have at least three, maybe four.

Locks

Justin Blalock | LG
Jamaal Anderson | LE
Chris Houston | RCB

Maybe

Stephen Nicholas | WLB

That depends on the health of Demorrio Williams.

Also; I expect Laurent Robinson to beat out Roddy White as the #3 WR. This season will be made, or broken, by the performance of Michael Vick and the rookies. If they play well the team is set to do some things.

Flyboy
05-08-2007, 04:47 PM
I remember Roddy White's rookie season. He actually impressed me. Don't know what the hell happened after that.

diabsoule
05-08-2007, 04:48 PM
I can definitely see Meachem starting opposite of Colston come game one against Indy. Wouldn't surprise me to see Andy Alleman possibly take over Nesbit's spot on the offensive line. The biggest "shocker" could come if Walter Thomas actually make a roster spot for us... he could be the starter next to Hollis Thomas rather than Young. We'll see.

I think Jahri Evans might slide over to take Nesbit's spot and Alleman will take over at RG. I also see Meachem starting opposite Colston.

Xonraider
05-08-2007, 04:50 PM
Zach Miller will start
Mario Henderson MAY start

Russell.... maybe in mid season.

Shiver
05-08-2007, 04:52 PM
I remember Roddy White's rookie season. He actually impressed me. Don't know what the hell happened after that.

Yeah, he had a great stretch games of '05. Then this happened ..... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PccUkjQ3Dqg), this potential game winner cost the team the playoffs. I think this killed whatever momentum he built up.

remix 6
05-08-2007, 05:02 PM
Meriweather has a chance. Its Brandon Meriweather vs Eugene Wilson..loser gets the nickel role as a CB

Wilson has had trouble staying healthy but if he stays healthy hes a very good safety at times. If Wilson can stay healthy and play well in preseason...he'll keep his role since hes in his last year of contract proving things

Bengals1690
05-08-2007, 05:04 PM
leon hall will start, as will marvin white

remix 6
05-08-2007, 05:20 PM
leon hall will start, as will marvin white

you sure?
O'neal is on the team..and Joseph is on the otherside. I know O'Neal is overrated and is in the doghouse a bit but i doubt Hall is already set as a starter

White will start over Madieu or Dexter? He might over Jackson but again..how much confidence do u have in a rookie

terribletowel39
05-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Timmons won't start for us. and I hoping that he doesn't start the entire season. He and Woodley will be good for pass rushing situations but will not start. Haggans and Harrison will be our outside linebackers. I am hoping that Timmons adds 15-20 lbs and becomes our replacement for Farrior.

BuckNaked
05-08-2007, 07:19 PM
There's a chance Sidney Rice could end up starting for the Vikes.

ricky bobby
05-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Aaron Ross will start for the Giants. 25 years old and won the Thorpe award last year. He's as ready as he'll ever be. Jay Alford may start at DT.

T-RICH49
05-08-2007, 07:48 PM
Dwayne Bowe is a lock to start opposite Kennison Opening Day.Also Turk McBride will more then likely start while Allen is suspended

nobodyinparticular
05-08-2007, 08:46 PM
Zach Miller will start
Mario Henderson MAY start

Russell.... maybe in mid season.

I don't see any way that Henderson starts barring 2 or 3 injuries on the offensive line.

Week 1 Raiders:
TE Zach Miller will start
DE Quentin Moses will likely start

By the end of the year:
QB Jamarcus Russell will likely have had one or more starts
WR Johnnie Lee Higgins may get a start due to injury to WRs
FB Oren O'neal might get a start due to injuries as well

remix 6
05-08-2007, 09:06 PM
Aaron Ross will start for the Giants. 25 years old and won the Thorpe award last year. He's as ready as he'll ever be. Jay Alford may start at DT.

25 year old does mean more experience..more maturity sometiems but not here. He only started 1 year at Texas.Hes still got a lot to prove and lot of work to do to be a good starter

SuperMcGee
05-08-2007, 09:06 PM
Lynch, as previosuly stated, and Psoluszny both look to be starters. Should be all, unless Derek Schouman impresses and we decide to go with him at FB.

jkpigskin
05-08-2007, 09:22 PM
start of the season:
Ben Grubbs
Le'Ron McClain

By end of the year
Antawn Barnes

Aftermath
05-08-2007, 09:24 PM
IMO, Leon starts next year, after we trade Deltha for a pick. Marvin may take over Jackson by midseason. Madieu is untouchable.

Donno
05-08-2007, 09:32 PM
For the Cardinals I think the following will start.

Levi Brown - RT
Alan Branch - DT

JK17
05-08-2007, 09:44 PM
Good chance Weddle starts the season at S for the Chargers, since opposite McCree its either Hart or Jue at this point...

Davis may start out in the slot, and work his way to a #2 recieving spot....and its also possible either Siler or Waters could find a starting role, though personally I don't see it.

draftguru151
05-08-2007, 09:48 PM
Probably only Samson Satele will start at the beginning of the season, but eventually Beck and Ginn should start this year.

Xonraider
05-08-2007, 09:50 PM
I don't see any way that Henderson starts barring 2 or 3 injuries on the offensive line.

Week 1 Raiders:
TE Zach Miller will start
DE Quentin Moses will likely start

By the end of the year:
QB Jamarcus Russell will likely have had one or more starts
WR Johnnie Lee Higgins may get a start due to injury to WRs
FB Oren O'neal might get a start due to injuries as well

Henderson better be an improvement over Sims, or else it was a wasted pick.
Justi Griffith has injury history?

Staubach12
05-08-2007, 09:52 PM
For Dallas, Spencer will start. Nick Folk may start, as well as Deion Anderson.

XxXdragonXxX
05-08-2007, 09:53 PM
For the Seahawks.

DT Brandon Mebane and most likely DE Baraka Atkins will see significant time in the Seahawks D-line rotation, anywhere from 40% to 60% of the snaps.

CB Josh Wilson will probably be the nickel corner.

UDFA TE Joe Newton I believe will win the starting job.

Woody56
05-08-2007, 10:12 PM
Darrelle Revis IMO will win the #2 CB in training camp and I also feel there is a good chance David Harris will be starting in the middle with Vilma.

PalmerToCJ
05-08-2007, 10:12 PM
Leon Hall could easily take Deltha Oneal's #2 CB spot. Deltha is gone after this year and he's in Marvin's doghouse hardcore so I wouldn't doubt it happening.

Marvin White is a big maybe. I'm sure he'll start at some point via a Dexter Jackson injury but I'm not sure he would be able to take his spot over without injury.

Eric Henderson has potential to start at SLB (he is in his 2nd year but was on the practice squad all year last year). The coaches/players have been raving about him, ex-Bengal Shaun Smith called him "The Next Adalius Thomas".

Ahmad Brooks will start at MLB, yes he's a 2nd year guy but it was a '07 draft pick... Mostly I just want a reason to mention him in a thread.

doingthisinsteadofwork
05-08-2007, 10:22 PM
Justi Griffith has injury history?not unless were planning to develop him to eventually take over Sims job.Hes very raw.

TitanHope
05-08-2007, 10:33 PM
Michael Griffin will start at nickelback or left CB until Pac gets back from his suspension. After this season, he should be our starting LS. If he absolutely blows at CB this season, then he'll be moved to S. If he shows he can be a good CB though, he may stay there.

Chris Henry will compete for the starting RB with LenDale. They'll probably split the carries, but I see Henry seeing more playing time due to his versatility.

Chris Davis will likely be our slot receiver, and will probably see the most playing time out of the 3 WR's we drafted. Davis will also contribute of PR or KR duties. Paul Williams may play more as the season progresses.

keylime_5
05-08-2007, 10:37 PM
I think Brady Quinn will beat out Charlie Frye in training camp/preseason simply because Frye has never been a great practicer and has never looked good in non-game football events in his career. Quinn is a good leader and has a strong arm, not to mention he is the future.

Joe Thomas will definitely start at LT for the Browns, and I think Eric Wright might beat out Daven Holly for our RCB job some time early in the season, maybe even in the preseason, though that might be a stretch considering Crennel's policy with rookies to date.

nobodyinparticular
05-08-2007, 10:52 PM
Justi Griffith has injury history?

It's not a wasted pick after the 1st year, especially considering he was at the end of round 3. This pick is a potential pick--that Henderson has a very high ceiling, but he's very raw right now. The Raiders are hoping to groom him for the future, but he likely isn't going to have any immediate effect on the team.

Griffith doesn't have a ton of injury history, missing just 4 games in the 2004 season, and for some reason I was thinking he was closer to his mid-30s rather than 26 so that factored into the comment. However, FB is a really tough, physical position to play, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if he was injured leading to Oren O'neal stepping in.

Jensen
05-08-2007, 10:56 PM
For the Cardinals:

Levi Brown
Alan Branch
Those two will probably start day 1.
I think Buster Davis will be starting by the end of the year, and maybe Ben Patrick.

neko4
05-08-2007, 11:20 PM
For the Packers

Will Most Likely Start:
DT Justin Harrell
K Mason Crosby

Might Start:
RB Brandon Jackson

That's pretty much it, I can't see James Jones or Clowney taking over Jennings and I can't see Rouse winning the SS spot.

I disagree somewhat...
Will Start:
Aaron Rouse SS (OLB???)
Brandon Jackson HB(will evantually)

Might:
Mason Crosby K
Justin Harrell DT
Deshawn Wynn FB?

cunningham06
05-09-2007, 12:35 AM
Texans-
Start right away:
Amobi Okoye

Starts pretty quickly:
Jacoby Jones

Starts midway through the season:
Fred Bennett
Kasey Studdard

Eagles-
No one, we almost never start our rookies unless there are injuries.

ninerfan
05-09-2007, 01:10 AM
9ers:

immediately:
Willis

Mid season:
Hill

everyone else is a backup at present

Rob S
05-09-2007, 08:47 AM
Bills:

Will start (locks): Lynch, Poz

portermvp84
05-09-2007, 09:32 AM
Raiders

JR midway through the season
Zack Miller

bennybee38
05-09-2007, 08:52 PM
i think brian robinson has a good shot at starting for the vikings at some point. Udeze did horrible and James is coming off an injury. the opportunity is there

bantx
05-09-2007, 09:43 PM
landry will start

davis will start (chargers)

fenikz
05-09-2007, 09:46 PM
for the cards

Levi Brown - will start
Alan Branch - will share time in the 4-3, start in the 3-4
Buster Davis - see above
Steve Breaston - will start as KR/PR & Gunner on returns
Ben Patrick - will share time & will probably be the #2 TE

cunningham06
05-09-2007, 09:49 PM
for the cards

Levi Brown - will start
Alan Branch - will share time in the 4-3, start in the 3-4
Buster Davis - see above
Steve Breaston - will start as KR/PR & Gunner on returns
Ben Patrick - will share time & will probably be the #2 TE

I really like Leonard Pope, do you expect him to get more balls thrown his way this season?

bantx
05-09-2007, 10:05 PM
I really like Leonard Pope, do you expect him to get more balls thrown his way this season?

that dude is huge

KWill93
05-09-2007, 11:24 PM
Adrian Peterson and Sidney Rice for the Vikes

DI
05-10-2007, 12:24 AM
Depending on how he looks in training camp and the pre-season, there is a good chance Aaron Ross starts opposite of Corey Webster this year for the Giants, pushing Madison to the nickel back or maybe even as a June 1 cut.

Flyboy
05-10-2007, 12:50 AM
Adrian Peterson and Sidney Rice for the Vikes

AD over Chester Taylor immediately? I don't know about that.

Caddy
05-10-2007, 01:26 AM
UDFA TE Joe Newton I believe will win the starting job.

I believe that is quite optimistic. How often do UDFA start other than special teamers.

Shiver
05-10-2007, 03:09 AM
AD over Chester Taylor immediately? I don't know about that.

I think Adrian Peterson will be similar to Maurice Jones-Drew. He won't technically be the "starter," per say, but he will be the primary play-maker for the Vikings early on.