PDA

View Full Version : Alexander teh Foot

bored of education
05-08-2007, 04:15 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2863224

KIRKLAND, Wash. -- Shaun Alexander might still have a broken foot, something he doesn't want confirmed just yet.

**PLEASE KEEP NICKNAME ARGUMENTS OUT OF THIS THREAD AND NO MENTION OF ELI MANNING's MEDIOCRITY or MIKE VIKE's STREET CRED**

UKfan
05-08-2007, 04:17 PM
Eli sucks and Vick is the man on the streets, wait what?

Actually I read about this earlier, not good for the 'Hawks.

Phrost
05-08-2007, 04:19 PM
Seems to be typical NFL RB. Few great seasons, gets injured, fades away slowly.

Shiver
05-08-2007, 04:23 PM
The Seahawks should have followed the example left by the Colts. You let almost thirty year old Running Backs hit the road, regardless of how good they are, rather than paying them a large sum of money.

Phrost
05-08-2007, 04:24 PM
The Seahawks should have followed the example left by the Colts. You let almost thirty year old Running Backs hit the road, regardless of how good they are, rather than paying them a large sum of money.

Totally agree, he should have left at FA. Didn't they give him an 8 year deal?

SFbear
05-08-2007, 04:46 PM

I wonder if the hawks would have been able to retain Hutchinson despite the poison pill contract he signed if they didn't tie up so much money in Alexander.

UKfan
05-08-2007, 05:10 PM
Who's the backup to Shaun? I seem to remember them not suffering that much when Shaun was last out. Either way I agree with all the above, they should have let him walk...

princefielder28
05-08-2007, 05:11 PM
He screwed me in Fantasy Football this past year so I don't really care what happens with him b/c he will never see one of my rosters again. BOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Phrost
05-08-2007, 05:12 PM
He screwed me in Fantasy Football this past year so I don't really care what happens with him b/c he will never see one of my rosters again. BOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Don't you know the rule? Don't ever take a player, especially a RB, coming off an MVP/Career year.

Crvena Ptica
05-08-2007, 05:56 PM
Don't you know the rule? Don't ever take a player, especially a RB, coming off an MVP/Career year.

L.T. would have to say something about that!:rolleyes:

terribletowel39
05-08-2007, 06:00 PM
well that only applies to non QB's and non once a decade type players.

Phrost
05-08-2007, 07:02 PM
L.T. would have to say something about that!:rolleyes:

There is always this year....considering last year was an MVP AND a career year.

Wootylicous
05-08-2007, 07:03 PM
Who's the backup to Shaun? I seem to remember them not suffering that much when Shaun was last out. Either way I agree with all the above, they should have let him walk...

It was Maurice Morris I think !!

Phrost
05-08-2007, 07:04 PM
It was Maurice Morris I think !!

You sir are correct.

JF4
05-08-2007, 07:26 PM
Maurice Morris is not a starting RB in the NFL. He's a good backup but I don't ever see him being a starter. He did only average 3.8 yards per carry behind a pretty good O-Line last year. Then again Alexander didn't have much of a year himself only averaging 3.6 yards/carry.

It's a shame to see Alexander hurt again because i'm a fan of his. He has never really been an injury prone guy and I guess the older he gets the more his body starts to feel the wear and tear of the NFL.

ks_perfection
05-08-2007, 07:47 PM
The NFC West should be interesting as all 4 teams have a foresably decent chance of winning the division.

XxXdragonXxX
05-08-2007, 09:46 PM
If you guys had actually read the article closely, you would see that he doesn't actually think the foot might still be broken.

All he was saying was that it was still broken 5 months ago and he hasn't had it X-rayed since then....so it could still be broken and he wouldn't know.

Of course the writer of the article makes it sound like he just had it X-rayed recently.

XxXdragonXxX
05-08-2007, 09:48 PM
I wonder if the hawks would have been able to retain Hutchinson despite the poison pill contract he signed if they didn't tie up so much money in Alexander.

They could have signed Hutch regardless, but nobody in their right mind is going to give a guard $49 million in guaranteed money.

rainbeaukid2
05-08-2007, 10:17 PM
sweet, better chance for the niners to win the division now

portermvp84
05-09-2007, 09:33 AM
He better get it fixed, the Seahawks don't need him sitting out at the begining of the season.

XxXdragonXxX
05-09-2007, 10:06 PM
If you guys had actually read the article closely, you would see that he doesn't actually think the foot might still be broken.

All he was saying was that it was still broken 5 months ago and he hasn't had it X-rayed since then....so it could still be broken and he wouldn't know.

Of course the writer of the article makes it sound like he just had it X-rayed recently.

I'll just bump this post until people realize that they haven't had an X-ray taken in 5 months.

fenikz
05-09-2007, 10:11 PM
i had a fracture just like that, its not impossible to play on it but it makes cutting extremely difficult & after a while i just rolled my ankle and it broke all the way through, one of the hardest injuries to heal completely

BengalsPwn
05-10-2007, 04:30 PM
I'll just bump this post until people realize that they haven't had an X-ray taken in 5 months.

Why do you have Ken Hamlin in your sig when he's a cowboy now.

XxXdragonXxX
05-10-2007, 09:17 PM
Why do you have Ken Hamlin in your sig when he's a cowboy now.

I'll get around to changing it...I just wish he was still a Seahawk.

rainbeaukid2
05-10-2007, 10:38 PM
this is great news for me as a niner fan, should make the run for the division champ that much easier

XxXdragonXxX
05-11-2007, 09:01 PM
How does Alexander's foot still having a crack FIVE MONTHS AGO help the Niners win the division?

jkpigskin
05-11-2007, 09:05 PM
The NFC West should be interesting as all 4 teams have a foresably decent chance of winning the division.

depending on if the glass is half full or half empty... this doesnt say much about the quality of teams in that divisons

Staubach12
05-11-2007, 09:08 PM
How does Alexander's foot still having a crack FIVE MONTHS AGO help the Niners win the division?

You do know Hamlin is now a Cowbiy, right? You may want to get a sig change...

XxXdragonXxX
05-11-2007, 09:15 PM
You do know Hamlin is now a Cowbiy, right? You may want to get a sig change...

Hey....got back about 5 posts.

People really need to work on reading the whole thread before making a post.