PDA

View Full Version : NFL Rushing Title?

Chief49er
05-09-2007, 07:43 AM
Goes to who?

bored of education
05-09-2007, 08:41 AM
Not the guy in your sig. I'm going Willie Parker or Steven Jackson, maybe LJ if he runs it 500 times.

Paul
05-09-2007, 08:48 AM
I'll give it to LT for now. He's still...LT, the same offensive line, and QB who can take the pressure off now. Have to see what Norv is going to do though.

If not him, I'd say Gore.

awfullyquiet
05-09-2007, 08:50 AM
VOLTRON WINS RUSHING TITLE.

no. not really. i think... no.
really right now there's nothing that's stopping LT.
the line's still there, lorenzo neal is still a beast.

frank gore will also be good for 1700 yards again. LJ won't match last year. Willie Rolf and Will Shields? who are those guys?

Jackson will probably end up with the most YFS.

Addict
05-09-2007, 08:56 AM
I think LT will do best... LJ won't match last year with his O-line being weaker, Gore might be able to compete...

bsaza2358
05-09-2007, 09:05 AM
I'm going to go with a wild card and say that Willis McGahee behind that massive Baltimore OLine will win the rushing title. Don't hold me to it, but I think he will thrive as the centerpiece of the Baltimore offense.

portermvp84
05-09-2007, 09:26 AM
I'm going to say Steven Jackson, he's gotten better every year. He has a good oline and if he can stay healthy. He has a shot to get it.

supermario86
05-09-2007, 09:33 AM
LT it don't get better then him :)

ks_perfection
05-09-2007, 09:35 AM
I'm going to go with a wild card and say that Willis McGahee behind that massive Baltimore OLine will win the rushing title. Don't hold me to it, but I think he will thrive as the centerpiece of the Baltimore offense.

A running back who averaged less than 4 yac going to a line that produced less 4 yac, doesn't like the normal formula for the rushing leader.

I'll go with LT. Great line plus a QB that a team will respect, although not so great he'll pass all the time.

ricky bobby
05-09-2007, 09:40 AM
Let me give you some hints.

He's 6'4", 265 pounds, and ran a 4.4 forty at his combine several years back. This will be his first year as a full time starter. He has a tendancy to embarrass defensive players, especailly guys from the secondary.

Bengals1690
05-09-2007, 10:10 AM
Steven Jackson, i just got a feeling.

Beans
05-09-2007, 10:20 AM
Tiki Barber

senormysterioso
05-09-2007, 10:33 AM
I'm going to go for Thomas Jones just because I've got a feeling he's going to have a huge year. I have a similar feeling about Travis Henry.

Moses
05-09-2007, 10:35 AM

He's 6'4", 265 pounds, and ran a 4.4 forty at his combine several years back. This will be his first year as a full time starter. He has a tendancy to embarrass defensive players, especailly guys from the secondary.

http://www.corante.com/mooreslore/archives/images/homer%20simpson.gif

Paul
05-09-2007, 10:41 AM
http://www.corante.com/mooreslore/archives/images/homer%20simpson.gif

He said he ran in the 4.4's, not the 4.2's.

bsaza2358
05-09-2007, 10:45 AM
Yes, Homer Simpson ran a 4.2 minute 40.

bsaza2358
05-09-2007, 10:46 AM
A running back who averaged less than 4 yac going to a line that produced less 4 yac, doesn't like the normal formula for the rushing leader.

I'll go with LT. Great line plus a QB that a team will respect, although not so great he'll pass all the time.

The Ravens had some injuries on the OLine last year, and Jamal Lewis never really got in a groove. I think the addition of McGahee and Grubbs will help the team tremendously. Yes, Ogden is not as good, but McGahee can be a feature back in Baltimore. I am sure that he will do better than Jamal Lewis.

ricky bobby
05-09-2007, 10:48 AM
I don't think Homer Simpson is 6'4" 265. He's more 5'11" 270 with 35 percent body fat.

bsaza2358
05-09-2007, 10:54 AM
35% is very generous.

Flyboy
05-09-2007, 11:04 AM
I'm going with S-Jax.

constant cough
05-09-2007, 11:15 AM
I gotta go with LT until somebody else show's me he's better.

LionSmack
05-09-2007, 11:37 AM
I went Jackson simply because LT is too easy, and Gore is too risky.

I'll tell you who it WON'T be - Larry Johnson. Any time your OL loses two potential HOF'ers in consecutive years, you can kiss 1,800+ yards goodbye as a rusher.

McGahee is a dark horse, so is Thomas Jones. He's going to be better in NY than people realize, I think.

bsaza2358
05-09-2007, 11:39 AM
Interesting point on Thomas Jones. That guy never gets any credit, but he's always solid as a runner and a receiver. If the Jets OLine really comes together, Jones could do really well.

myinnerself
05-09-2007, 11:48 AM
I think LT, for all the reasons others have said, but also because people forget that Norv Turner always makes the most out of his running backs and LOVES running the ball.

I think Travis Henry has a good year in Denver, Stephen Jackson and Frank Gore will have good years, and LJ's production will drop because he got overused last year, he will be pouting all year, and his o-line got worse.

P-L
05-09-2007, 11:54 AM
I think the Jets are going to give Leon Washington a decent amount of carries next year. Obviously they brought in Jones to be the feature back, but don't think they are going to ignore Washington next year.

bsaza2358
05-09-2007, 11:55 AM
Washington is an interesting weapon. I think he's a homeless man's version of Westbrook. Not quite as quick or explosive, but similar skills.

EvilMonkey
05-09-2007, 11:58 AM
I don't think Homer Simpson is 6'4" 265. He's more 5'11" 270 with 35 percent body fat.

i know he's 239 pounds on the show, which given his girth probably puts him at about 5'8"...

ricky bobby
05-09-2007, 12:07 PM
i know he's 239 pounds on the show, which given his girth probably puts him at about 5'8"...
Bologna. They just don't want to hurt his feelings.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
05-09-2007, 01:24 PM
I voted for Jackson, but I think that LJ will have a huge year considering that he is in a contract year if I am not mistaken. Herm will work him to death since I don't think the Chiefs will be paying him the insane amount he will be desiring.

LarryJohnson27
05-09-2007, 02:05 PM
I say SJax. Don't count LJ out though. We might have lost Shields, who had clearly lost a step, but we actually have two OT's playin the OT spots, not two guys who are bretter suited at OG. This allows John Welbourne to move down to RG, his natural position. Though our OL has tooken a huge step backwards since Roaf's retirement, we won't be any worse then last year. If guys like Will Svitek and Kevin Sampson step up, we can actually improve a bit. Damien McInstosh is just a stopgap, but an improvement over Jordan Black. Black gave up around 13 sacks last season, and just plain horrible at LT. We still have our best Olineman from last year in Waters, and Weigman is still fairly solid.

bsaza2358
05-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Actually, Welbourne's best seasons as a G came with the Eagles when he was a LG. He is a capable RG, but LG is his best position in the NFL.

princefielder28
05-09-2007, 02:30 PM
I think Steven Jackson will take the title

jsagan77
05-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Portis will win it..

skinzzfan25
05-09-2007, 03:33 PM
It's stephen jackson's year.

Rockrule40
05-09-2007, 03:34 PM
Travis Henry. Playing for the Broncos, trying to limit Cutler's attempts he will have the most yards

skinzzfan25
05-09-2007, 03:37 PM
Portis will win it..

Maybe in two years. If Wade fills in nicely, there is a much better chance he can do it.

Phrost
05-09-2007, 04:20 PM
Maybe in two years. If Wade fills in nicely, there is a much better chance he can do it.

With him and Betts on the same team, I don't think so, at least this year. By 2010, how many years would that be on Portis' tires?

steelernation77
05-09-2007, 04:33 PM

No he's taller. I'd say about 6'. I say this because Grandpa says to him "I'm always proud that you weren't a short man." 5'8" is pretty short.

Caddy
05-09-2007, 04:34 PM
You left out the Cadillac :)

But seriously, I'd take Steven Jackson.

Eagles own the NFC East
05-09-2007, 06:03 PM
LT his offense didn't lose anything from last season and he has Norv Turner as his Head Coach now.

A dark horse is Travis Henry, every year a guy breaks out and has a bigger year then expected, hes also in RB factory Denver.

Phrost
05-09-2007, 06:04 PM
LT his offense didn't lose anything from last season and he has Norv Turner as his Head Coach now.

A dark horse is Travis Henry, every year a guy breaks out and has a bigger year then expected, hes also in RB factory Denver.

I am expecting 1500+ for Henry if he stays healthy the entire season.

PalmerToCJ
05-09-2007, 06:07 PM
I went Jackson simply because LT is too easy, and Gore is too risky.

Same here.

I'm just honored Rudi made the list haha

bearsfan_51
05-09-2007, 06:12 PM
Why would Jones be better in New York anyway? Their offensive line isn't better (at least not at run blocking), he certaintly isn't facing inferior competition, he's not any younger, he doesn't have Benson to wear down defenders anymore, and he's not in a system that will stretch the field in the same way Chicago's did last year. I'm not saying Jones can't equal his stats from Chicago, but I don't see how he does better.

dc4life
05-09-2007, 06:16 PM
IMO its between LT and Jackson. There's still talks about LJ holding out and Alexander's foot is still broken? WTF, I gotta think about this stuff during fatansy, having the 3rd overall pick.

fenikz
05-09-2007, 06:40 PM
im going with edge, wiz plans to run the ball alot more and with our new and improved line he will return to probowl form

YAYareaRB
05-09-2007, 06:52 PM
I went with Frank Gore because, Quite Frankly.. I'm A HOMER!

scottyboy
05-09-2007, 06:55 PM
jackson, as he will most likely have brian leonard as his lead blocker!!!!!! :)

bored of education
05-09-2007, 06:58 PM
Marshawn Lynch.

Splat
05-09-2007, 07:05 PM
LT still has his great line great FB great TE I don't see any one touching him.

throwback54milkman
05-09-2007, 07:06 PM
I expect BIG things from Willis Mcgahee, if he can stay healthy I'm gonna go with him- Ray Lewis will get him motivated

LionSmack
05-09-2007, 07:06 PM
Why would Jones be better in New York anyway? Their offensive line isn't better (at least not at run blocking), he certaintly isn't facing inferior competition, he's not any younger, he doesn't have Benson to wear down defenders anymore, and he's not in a system that will stretch the field in the same way Chicago's did last year. I'm not saying Jones can't equal his stats from Chicago, but I don't see how he does better.

The Bears never valued him as a feature back. Also the Bears offense blows. I feel in NY he may be allowed to carry the team like he wasn't in Chicago. Now, Washington may take carries away, but then again I feel like Jones may seize the opportunity and has a good shot to put a choke hold on that RB position for the Jets.

easy bearsfan, don't get your nuts in a bunch, I was just expressing a feeling that Jones is going to have a great season. Good luck with Benson btw.

bearsfan_51
05-09-2007, 07:14 PM
The Bears never valued him as a feature back. Also the Bears offense blows. I feel in NY he may be allowed to carry the team like he wasn't in Chicago. Now, Washington may take carries away, but then again I feel like Jones may seize the opportunity and has a good shot to put a choke hold on that RB position for the Jets.

easy bearsfan, don't get your nuts in a bunch, I was just expressing a feeling that Jones is going to have a great season. Good luck with Benson btw.
The Bears offense blows? The Bears offense outscored and outgained the Jets offense last year. It's not about me getting my nuts in a bunch, you just don't know what the hell you're talking about.

HawkeyeFan
05-09-2007, 07:30 PM
LaDainian Tomlinson until someone knocks him off his thrown, thats who I'm going with.

2nd will be Jackson.

cunningham06
05-09-2007, 07:44 PM
LT is just plain dominant so he is who I expect to win it. Steven Jackson will push for it as well I expect.

awfullyquiet
05-09-2007, 07:44 PM

that's ridiculous.

honestly. the bears valued him as a feature back in 2005, and basically on his shoulders and the defense, took them to the playoffs. 1350 yds, 9 TD's? He carried the game for a good two years.
And now you're saying he's going to be the #1 RB in all of Jersey/B land?
Somehow that doesn't seem likely. He's more a stop-gap solution to the long-term problem that is running backs at the meadowlands. He'll still rack 700 yards and 6 TD's, but i don't think that he'll put a choke hold on the RB situation.

and, no, the bears offense didn't blow. 2050 out of the running backs last year... with jones taking well a 2 to 1 carry ratio over benson. threw for 3000 yards... had 36 TD's for the team on offense (and the defense/special teams had I don't really see why they blew. i mean, sure, they were inconsistant as hell. but to say they sucked really was a gross overstatement. boo ignorance. hooray beer!

senormysterioso
05-09-2007, 09:59 PM
It seemed to me that Thomas Jones really started to figure things out during the playoffs and went from a good back to a great back. I have a feeling he'll carry that momentum into next season and have his best year as a pro, that's not an indictment of Chicago's offense and that's not me praising New York's, it's just a feeling.

Mr. Stiller
05-10-2007, 01:39 AM

I don't think Any AFCN RB will win the title. There's too many good defenses.

I'll go with Jackson, Gore, or Surprise Pick... Edgerrin James.

Willis will be playing too many good run stopping teams... same with Willie.

Now if Willie could of had 2-3 more 100 yard games on the road last year... it was very possible.

Willie only had 7 - 100+ Yard rushing games.. 2 of which were over 200(Cle/NO).

if he would've had 2-3 more 100 yard games.. I'd believe it.

aheineken
05-10-2007, 11:22 AM
Some of Jackson's 3rd down duties are going to be relieved this year by Brian Leonard. So, I expect him to stay fresher throughout the game, which is really scary since last year he seemed to get stronger and faster toward the end of the game anyway. I think it will be a two horse race between LT and Jackson. I would have included Gore in there, but I have a feeling teams are going to be keying in on him. They can't do that with Jackson and LT due to the loaded offenses they play in.

KILLERSANTA
05-10-2007, 12:31 PM
Tiki Barber

Are you kidding? With Eli as his QB, There going to be 11 men in the box.... ;)

High Roller
05-10-2007, 05:55 PM
Ill say Gore because I hope he does. Better pass attack and an upgrade at T with Staley over Harris. Very feasible.

Sportsfan486
05-10-2007, 06:04 PM

It took me a few minutes to realize who you were homer'ing on...

Yeah, not so much. While I like freakishly huge runners as much as the next guy he's going to split carries and the Giants are sure to throw a good bit.

Can't go against LT... he's the best player in football, has been for several years.

Chief49er
05-14-2007, 07:26 PM
It took me a few minutes to realize who you were homer'ing on...

Yeah, not so much. While I like freakishly huge runners as much as the next guy he's going to split carries and the Giants are sure to throw a good bit.

Can't go against LT... he's the best player in football, has been for several years.

I still don't know..

sweetness34
05-14-2007, 07:28 PM
Two words: Cedric Benson!

:D

sweetness34
05-14-2007, 07:32 PM
It seemed to me that Thomas Jones really started to figure things out during the playoffs and went from a good back to a great back. I have a feeling he'll carry that momentum into next season and have his best year as a pro, that's not an indictment of Chicago's offense and that's not me praising New York's, it's just a feeling.

I get that feeling too, it's gas (damn those burritos I had tonight)

I think TJ has a very solid season, probably 1000 yards again but his production will drop off IMO. The Jets aren't as good of a run blocking unit, he's facing better competition each week, he's older, and he doesn't have the depth behind him that he had in Chicago. He'll be solid though.

SugarSean
05-14-2007, 07:34 PM
I'mma have to go wit my man Priest Holmes.

(Somebody should get the reference)

bantx
05-14-2007, 08:50 PM
LT he will dominate like always, but with more tds this year i just know it

remix 6
05-14-2007, 09:20 PM
Laurence Maroney duhh

-if he stays healthy..hes a beast
-he has 2 deep threats + Watson
-He has a pretty good OL
-we are going ZBS
-we have 1 of the top 2 QBs!!!
-our coach is genius
-Jets will get run over for 125 + game 1

jkb528
05-15-2007, 02:14 PM
Ricky Williams may win the rushing title... in the CFL or AFL

I like Travis Henry as a sleeper pick. LT is the best player in the game, but I'm sure Michael Turner will get some carries in an attempt to keep LT fresh, and while I think he'll be great again, I dont see LT going for 1,800 yards this season. LJ's o-line is unproven, and the Chiefs want to bring his carries down, so he's out. McGahee, Rudi, and Fast Willie all have to face AFC Central defenses. Portis splits with Betts. So, my money's on either Henry, Jackson, or Gore.

UKfan
05-15-2007, 02:16 PM
Joseph Addai, in all seriousness with Gonzalez on board teams are going to have to play the pass, and then Addai will have all kinds of holes to hit, especially with Ugoh in at guard as well.

Smooth Criminal
05-15-2007, 02:23 PM
I really think Willie will have a good shot at it this year. Our offense is completely redesigned under Arians and is much better suited for it. Last year we saw him getting stuffed trying to pound the ball in 2 TE sets. This year expect to see 3 and 4 recievers spreading the field making room for Willie to run.