PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans Saints Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14

diabsoule
06-19-2010, 03:34 PM
you think someone like rocky mcintosh was included maybe ?

I wish but no, I don't think so. I'm just hoping it's for a good draft pick.

wicket
06-19-2010, 05:09 PM
well this is one dissapointing trade, rounding of a very underwhelming off season iyam

CJSchneider
06-19-2010, 07:44 PM
A source has told me the Redskins have agreed on a trade for Jammal Brown. Still trying to confirm compensation

Per Jeff Duncan of the Times-Picayune.
NFL.com article (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d818bda7e&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true) has us geting a 3rd or 4th and a future late rounder.

diabsoule
06-19-2010, 10:32 PM
well this is one dissapointing trade, rounding of a very underwhelming off season iyam

I agree. I had very high expectations for this off-season and I have been let down.

diabsoule
06-21-2010, 04:07 PM
The Saints have released DE Bobby McCray.

DiG
06-21-2010, 04:15 PM
NFL.com article (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d818bda7e&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true) has us geting a 3rd or 4th and a future late rounder.

i heard its actually a swap of our 3rd for your 5th or our 4th for your 6th. robbery if you ask me. i guess well see.

saintsfan912
06-21-2010, 10:34 PM
I don't see a problem with the trade really. Either we lose him without compensation, pay him a **** ton of money to sit the bench/be an average starter, or get a pick or 2 out of him. He is washed up, his best days are definately behind him. Nobody would have given up more than a 3rd for him, if they would have it would have happened already.

What the hell happened to Bobby McCray?

Saints-Tigers
06-21-2010, 10:46 PM
I hope someone is playing way better than expected, and that's why McCray got cut.

CJSchneider
06-22-2010, 06:52 AM
I hope someone is playing way better than expected, and that's why McCray got cut.

Juniour Galette or Alex Brown hopefully.

diabsoule
06-22-2010, 04:58 PM
Juniour Galette or Alex Brown hopefully.

I didn't think McCray would start but I thought he would at least be a good rotational guy. Go figure.

diabsoule
06-25-2010, 01:11 PM
per Adam Schefter

Saints sign WR Joe Horn to a contract; will retire a Saint!

dannyz
06-25-2010, 01:19 PM
Good for him. Great Career.

CJSchneider
06-25-2010, 05:18 PM
9zrcAGkuk_o]

saintsfan912
06-25-2010, 07:31 PM
Awesome signing Loomis!

Saints-Tigers
06-25-2010, 09:26 PM
Woot, love Joe Horn so much.

CJSchneider
07-08-2010, 06:28 PM
OK, so I was fortunate enough to be able to get to the Super Bowl XLIV Tour and I took several pictures of the displays. Here are the ones of the Lombardi Trophy. I was also able to meet and get an autograph from Micheal Lewis.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/5185/video100001710.jpg

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/3360/video100001824.jpg

I also have pics of the XLIV Super Bowl ring, Halas Trophy and Micheal Lewis. PM me if you'd like me to send them to you.

CJSchneider
07-08-2010, 08:56 PM
What are your thoughts on Joshua Price-Brent? (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/07/joshua-price-brent-has-very-good-workout/)

zachsaints52
07-11-2010, 02:13 PM
What are your thoughts on Joshua Price-Brent? (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/07/joshua-price-brent-has-very-good-workout/)

The other two guys intrigue me alot more.

CJSchneider
07-15-2010, 04:30 PM
Oh well, Dallas grabbed him in the 7th round; a steal if you ask me.

CJSchneider
07-22-2010, 09:08 PM
We re-signed McCray. (http://www.neworleanssaints.com/news-and-events/article-1/Saints-Sign-Fifth-Round-Draft-Choice-Matt-Tennant-Re-Sign-DE-Bobby-McCray/b68ec289-65cf-4b4e-bc9c-dd69f869b3a8)We also signed C Matt Tennant and released Harry Coleman. I had really hoped we would find a way to keep Coleman.

diabsoule
07-26-2010, 06:41 PM
Saints signed offensive tackle Charles Brown, their 2010 second-round draft choice, to a four-year contract.
- Per Adam Schefter

diabsoule
07-28-2010, 04:19 PM
Saints have signed 3rd round pick TE Jimmy Graham to a 4-year deal. Saints also sign QB Patrick Ramsey to a one-year contract.

CJSchneider
07-28-2010, 08:46 PM
I love the fact we signed Ramsey. I think he will be a real good mentor to Daniel and Canfield on the sidelines.

CJSchneider
07-29-2010, 08:45 PM
CB Patrick Robinson is our only draft pick yet unsigned. (http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b56x0)

diabsoule
07-29-2010, 10:16 PM
Saints agree to terms on 5-year deal with first round pick CB Patrick Robinson...he arrives in New Orleans tomorrow morning.

zachsaints52
08-04-2010, 12:00 PM
I hate to say it, but the draft is warming up to me now. I like the fact we got a C to replace Goodwin, a freak TE to replace Shockey sooner rather then later, Robinson moves Jenkins to Safety an our DB is very young.

Auron
08-04-2010, 11:03 PM
I hate to say it, but the draft is warming up to me now. I like the fact we got a C to replace Goodwin, a freak TE to replace Shockey sooner rather then later, Robinson moves Jenkins to Safety an our DB is very young.

I agree it's a draft that didn't immediately strike you as great at face value, but I think we'll see the results a few years down the line.

One reason I'm really anxiously awaiting the Pre-season games is to see Junior Galette get some live snaps, everything I've heard from training camp thus far implies he is consistently disrupting plays in the backfield, and has an excellent first step... just want to see how he does and if he can crack a spot on this team.

CJSchneider
08-04-2010, 11:30 PM
I always felt we got great value on our picks, I was just hoping or should I say predicting us to address immediate concerns, namely our LB corps and the lack of run defense.

zachsaints52
08-05-2010, 03:45 PM
I always felt we got great value on our picks, I was just hoping or should I say predicting us to address immediate concerns, namely our LB corps and the lack of run defense.

This 10 char

wicket
08-05-2010, 05:47 PM
ill gladly eat crow if a few of the guys work out but the reason i didnt like the draft and still dont like the draft is that the scope of the draft picks is quite possibly beyond the end of the career of brees and when you have a qb like brees in the prime of his career you do the thinngs you have to do to win now

zachsaints52
08-06-2010, 10:54 AM
ill gladly eat crow if a few of the guys work out but the reason i didnt like the draft and still dont like the draft is that the scope of the draft picks is quite possibly beyond the end of the career of brees and when you have a qb like brees in the prime of his career you do the thinngs you have to do to win now

Well Brown is a better pass protector then Bushrod so he will help Brees, Tennants a upgrade over goodwin to me, and Robinson slides Jenkins over to safety, so those three along with the development of Graham who people say are doing very well already is helping Brees outnow

diabsoule
08-06-2010, 11:12 AM
LS Clint Gresham was waived by the team a week ago. He was the LS from TCU that was a UDFA that I really liked to make the team. Guess I was wrong.

wicket
08-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Well Brown is a better pass protector then Bushrod so he will help Brees, Tennants a upgrade over goodwin to me, and Robinson slides Jenkins over to safety, so those three along with the development of Graham who people say are doing very well already is helping Brees outnow

brown will take 3 years or something to start probably, robinson will be a dimeback in the next year/two years at best. I think tennant will start in three/four years (i liked that pick) but is still a long term thing. My point is that I see none of the guys influencing the team much this year or next year

Saints-Tigers
08-06-2010, 02:34 PM
brown will take 3 years or something to start probably, robinson will be a dimeback in the next year/two years at best. I think tennant will start in three/four years (i liked that pick) but is still a long term thing. My point is that I see none of the guys influencing the team much this year or next year

Almost anyone we pick at 32 was not going to impact this year. Sergio Kindle was my pick there, and look how that would be working out. a DE? Who? Everson Griffen? Daryl Washington to play OLB maybe?

There is no point reaching if you feel another guy is the top prospect. You take the guy who you think will end up the best player.

Whose to say for certain that any LB we pick is going to be an instant starter this year over Shanle and someone like Ingram?

By the time a majority of rookies are ready to play, a lot of the strengths and weaknesses on a team have already changed drastically. What happens if Tracy Porter and Jabari Greer continue to be hurt all the time and we have no quality CBs? 8-8, that's what happens.

Gribble
08-06-2010, 02:44 PM
I love the fact we signed Ramsey. I think he will be a real good mentor to Daniel and Canfield on the sidelines.

Will he be teaching courses such as Clipboard Holding 101?

CJSchneider
08-08-2010, 08:44 PM
Who left the door open and let the damn Cowboys fan in?

Gribble
08-08-2010, 08:48 PM
Who left the door open and let the damn Cowboys fan in?

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/8250/trollface.gif

zachsaints52
08-10-2010, 12:01 PM
Ive never even heard of this Cowboy fan :P

But Wicket they already talking about Brown replacing Bushrod and moving Jerome to RT once Stinchcombs contract is up. Also, theres talk of Jenkins starting at Safety, and Robinson to nickel back.

Auron
08-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Well apparently Lynell Hamilton tore his ACL in the joint practice with the Patriots today. So we are out our projected third RB for the season.

Which is actually pretty devastating because both Reggie and Pierre have some question-ability on going through a whole season without getting injured... and with Mike Bell gone, Lynell really looked primed to step into that 3rd back role, he was also a major special teams contributor.

Now this means PJ Hill, or Chris Ivory have to step up... otherwise we bring in a guy like Ladell Betts.

CJSchneider
08-11-2010, 09:24 PM
I've heard good things about Chris Ivory.

Auron
08-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Just some thoughts from the First pre-season game against the Pats..

First String O' looked a bit rusty, going three and out on the first two drives. They are going to need the rest of the pre-season to get their rhythm and timing back.. it's to be expected after a SB winning Off-season, you gotta put all the events and celebration behind you and move on to the next season. Thankfully they did put together a reassuring long TD drive. Reggie Bush when given the opportunities looked impressive.

First Defense has quite a lot of work to do, Secondary gave up a handful of big plays, and Tackled really poorly. We didn't seem to get much pressure with the first string Defensive line... we really didn't blitz so I think that situation will be remedied when we get to the regular season and Greg Williams starts dialing up the pressure packages. Special Teams wise the Kick coverage was awful, numerous long kickoff returns for them, and on punts our punters were having to make the tackles. (which led to Morstead getting hurt)

Back-ups on Defense did show some bright spots, Casillas was very active diagnosing plays and making tackles. D-line was creating pressure, Pressley, and Junior Galette were disruptive and forcing the issue in the opposing backfield. 2nd string Secondary was largely un-impressive like the first with poor tackling efforts, Patrick Robinson had a very noticeable whiff on Edelman... who really no one on our Defense seemed to want to tackle during the game...

Back-up O'... Ramsey looked actually capable of running an Offense. Unlike Brunell he has some move-ability within the pocket to escape the rush and make some throws. Even Chase Daniels with the 3rd team looked improved over last pre-season. Adrian Arrington was impressive with a few catches, but also could've made a better effort on a few passes. Larry Beavers made perhaps the play of the night with a long Kick-off return for a TD but then later on made a huge mistake by muffing a punt return... he'll be hard pressed to make the team with the amount of quality we have at WR.

Overall some good, some bad to take away

the good: seems like we finally have some competent backups to Drew at QB, Reggie Bush looks primed for a very big year, backups along the D-line, LB looked fairly solid.

the bad: Defensively too many big plays, poor tackling all across the board, 1st string Offense needs to get their timing back although they showed signs of coming around towards the end of their snaps.

Saints-Tigers
08-15-2010, 05:45 PM
ROOKIE ROBINSON SHINES: The Saints first-round draft pick DB Patrick Robinson had a number of highlight plays during Sunday’s practice, including two interceptions. The five-foot-11 cornerback said he is getting more comfortable with the defensive scheme and anxious to get back on the field next Saturday against the Texans.

Robinson was asked for comment after the practice and he had this to say:

"In your face Wicket"

:-D

CJSchneider
08-16-2010, 07:25 PM
We signed Betts. (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d819cde5f/article/saints-sign-veteran-rb-betts-to-oneyear-deal?module=HP_headlines) Meachem also came off the PUP list today.

Auron
08-16-2010, 09:52 PM
I like the signing of Betts, he's an experienced,seasoned back who runs hard... and should give us some decent carries spelling Bush/PT.

I don't know if there's any way we can make up what we lost from Special teams though with Hamilton.

Ravens1991
08-19-2010, 09:57 AM
have you guys heard the rumors that the Saints are interested in trading a CB for Willis McGahee?

wicket
08-19-2010, 10:02 AM
have you guys heard the rumors that the Saints are interested in trading a CB for Willis McGahee?

G A Y maybe? dunno

Auron
08-20-2010, 01:31 PM

I've heard them. I'm just not buying it, Payton really wants to give these young backs (Ivory, and PJ Hill) every chance they can to earn a spot... Also this staff seems to be really big on depth especially in the secondary so I don't think they want to get rid of a decent Nickel corner for a 3rd back. Weaken depth in one area, just to strengthen it in another.

CJSchneider
08-20-2010, 02:17 PM
I have also heard we may be in the market to trade a WR.

BeerBaron
08-20-2010, 06:58 PM
I noticed you signed Jason McKie.....hopefully just a camp body for you because he's pretty worthless.

diabsoule
08-20-2010, 07:21 PM
I noticed you signed Jason McKie.....hopefully just a camp body for you because he's pretty worthless.

He has already been cut.

BeerBaron
08-20-2010, 07:24 PM
He has already been cut.

Didn't even last an hour?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/20/saints-lose-a-fullback-add-a-fullback/

saintsfan912
08-21-2010, 02:06 PM
G A Y maybe? dunno

Maybe because a 3rd string HB certainly isn't worth Porter/Greer/Robinson.

CJSchneider
08-22-2010, 12:51 PM
Arrington and Daniel looked good last night. I also loved what I say in Bush's 9 yard TD scamp. Seeing him go up the gut was nice.

Auron
08-22-2010, 01:42 PM
Last nights performance was much improved over the first pre-season game. The running game looked great, Offensive line blocked with a nastiness, Bush ran with great toughness, and Pierre showed again why he is so nifty on that trademark screen.

The battle at Back up QB seems to be really tough Daniel looked impressive stepping in for Brees, and managed to lead the Offense for scores without dropping tempo.. he made one bad mistake on the Interception; otherwise great night for him. Now we'll have to see what Ramsey will do, Payton said he will play mostly all of the next game when Brees goes out.

there still were some issues, mentally we had some lapses with a bunch of penalties, and Special teams coverage continues to be a big concern.

Mr. Goosemahn
08-22-2010, 05:48 PM
Have you guys heard anything about NO resigning Carl Nicks? I know he's a great guard and he's young, but you already gave a huge contract to Evans and there are rumors going around that the team won't pay another huge contract to another guard.

Saints-Tigers
08-22-2010, 05:55 PM
I think the G position is massively underrated in the grand scheme of things. Neither of our tackles are great, but Brees has so much clean room up the middle that he can always step inside and throw.

That, and having a monstrosity like Nicks and Evans leading the way for screen passes... wow.

Our RBs are going to have a huge year, both are gunning for a new contract, the offensive line is playing incredible, and the Saints want to run the ball. I would like to see one of our receivers moved for some depth at other spots, or some picks, and get Arrington on the field.

Chase Daniel is going to be a player if he gets a few years to develop behind Brees here.

Edit: Guys like Pierre Thomas didn't get big extensions because they are looking ahead to people like Nicks.

wicket
08-23-2010, 05:17 PM
I think i have a crush on the GF of Garrett Hartley, she is smoking:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l46/mafiadave/nolaout.jpg

BeerBaron
08-23-2010, 05:19 PM
Saw this on PFT and thought it worth sharing....apparently Hartly is a "fat punk kicker" :

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/23/scott-fujita-likes-his-former-fat-punk-kicker-now/

wicket
08-23-2010, 05:22 PM
Saw this on PFT and thought it worth sharing....apparently Hartly is a "fat punk kicker" :

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/23/scott-fujita-likes-his-former-fat-punk-kicker-now/

that amused me. but at least he can pull tail, like i posted here two posts back

diabsoule
08-23-2010, 06:38 PM
Thoughts:

I think the reason we aren't that concerned about preparing for the future by drafting a QB early on is due to the progress Chase Daniel is making. I loved the pick-up at the time and see him as the heir to the throne, so to speak, behind Brees. The two share a lot of similarities.

RB PJ Hill was put on IR today ending his season. RB DeShawn Wynn replaced him. Hill is out with a tricep strain, I believe.

Right now my only concern with the team is our speed and athleticism at both OLB spots.

CJSchneider
08-23-2010, 07:42 PM
Right now my only concern with the team is our speed and athleticism at both OLB spots.

Yeah, and the only concern of Captain of the Titanic was that huge hole in the side of the ship, LOL.

gpngc
08-23-2010, 08:33 PM
Question: How much, if at all, do you see Robert Meachem's role increase this year?

Auron
08-23-2010, 10:46 PM
RB PJ Hill was put on IR today ending his season. RB DeShawn Wynn replaced him. Hill is out with a tricep strain, I believe.

The bold is also a big concern for me. Our backup running backs seem to be dropping like flies. This is the second time in two weeks we've had to bring in someone off the street to compete for the 3rd running back spot... we really need to see what Betts, and Wynn can do... Ivory looked solid in these past few games, he keeps churning forward but he does seem to lose his footing a lot, and lacks explosiveness after the initial burst into the line.

Question: How much, if at all, do you see Robert Meachem's role increase this year?
I'm not sure he's been recovering from an off-season toe injury so he hasn't seen much action yet, and I'm not sure how long it's going to take him to get back to "full speed". It really depends on what Payton wants to do at WR this season, if we keep Arrington, and if Lance Moore really is completely back then Meachem's role decreases.... he still should be good for around 30-35 catches in this offense, and some TD grabs.. he's good in the redzone.

wicket
08-24-2010, 05:30 PM
casillas being the new starting wlb is very good news to me, i was very happy when we signed him as an udfa last offseason and I think he is a very decent player. The main reason i like it though is that the limited athletisism of scott shanle wont be as exposed on the strongside as it is on the weakside. Casillas may not be as solid of a tackler as shanle but he is a whole lot better in coverage and better athletically. This news at least made me really happy.

diabsoule
08-24-2010, 07:41 PM
New Orleans Saints make early roster cuts, release LB Troy Evans, WR Rod Harper, WR Mark Bradley, G Tim Duckworth, CB Danny Gorrer.

CJSchneider
08-25-2010, 03:10 PM
New Orleans Saints make early roster cuts, release LB Troy Evans, WR Rod Harper, WR Mark Bradley, G Tim Duckworth, CB Danny Gorrer.

I think this means we will see Adrian Arrington be moved to the active roster and not just on the practice squad.

CJSchneider
08-26-2010, 02:16 PM
We signed LB K.C. Asiodu

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b5y2G

diabsoule
08-26-2010, 08:35 PM
We signed LB K.C. Asiodu

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b5y2G

Poor, poor move by the Saints. We cut our Special Teams captain and standout special teamer, Troy Evans, for this scrub.

wicket
08-26-2010, 08:54 PM
Poor, poor move by the Saints. We cut our Special Teams captain and standout special teamer, Troy Evans, for this scrub.

dont think hell make the team tbqh

CJSchneider
08-28-2010, 12:11 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81a115cb/Saints-Ivory-scores-spectacular-76-yard-TD

I like.

diabsoule
08-28-2010, 05:14 PM
Chris Ivory has definitely made the team and will probably be 3rd on the depth chart at RB. I like him, he's extremely versatile, has strength and hits the hole hard (that's what she said), and is just another weapon in our arsenal. I think Ladell Betts will be fourth on the depth chart at RB unless we pick someone up once rosters are trimmed.

Auron
08-29-2010, 03:25 PM
Looks like the majority of the tune up for the regular season is over, all I can say is there is going to be some very, very difficult cuts for the coaching staff to make. Who do you drop between McCray, Charleston, Gallette, Wilkerson? Would Payton rather have the more experienced Ramsey, or go with the young potential of Daniel? Do you keep 6 receivers and add Arrington to the roster, and if you do you're going to leave someone off in another area of the team. The only thing that seems to be assured is Ivory at 3rd RB.. he seems to have made his mark.

It seemed like the play calling really wasn't toned down any for the Chargers game and they treated it more like a regular season game. Our passing Offense looked to be much more in sync which was good, I still have concerns about the Defense... 1st string wise they seemed to move the ball pretty easily against us... Porter was out, but still a bit of a concern.

My only worry now for the regular season is whether or not Vilma will be ready by opening night, he seemed to get dinged up pretty good hopefully it won't be serious. At this point I have little hope the Sharper will be ready, so Jenkins better be ready to fill in a for a while... although who knows maybe he'll have a breakthrough this week and be ready to go.

CJSchneider
08-29-2010, 06:44 PM
Who do you drop between McCray, Charleston, Gallette, Wilkerson?

This is going to come down to the very end. It is a tough choice to make.

Would Payton rather have the more experienced Ramsey, or go with the young potential of Daniel?

Ramsey has looked fine, but I really have liked what I have seen out of Daniel. I know we can't keep 4 QB's. Canfield will go to the PS.

Do you keep 6 receivers and add Arrington to the roster, and if you do you're going to leave someone off in another area of the team.

I don't see how Arrington doesn't make the active roster.

Answers in bold.

Auron
08-30-2010, 07:05 PM
I agree that Arrington has earned himself a spot on the roster with the job he's done at WR but if we keep 6 WRs (Roby is close to a lock we need him for special teams) then that means we're probably leaving someone off the team at the stacked DE, DT, DB spots.

Really at DE it's going to be a very difficult cut McCray has his veteran ties to the team but hasn't stood out much this pre-season, while Charleston had a breakout performance vs. San Diego, Wilkerson is a solid but unspectacular end who holds his ground well, while Gallette has a huge amount of potential, but is very raw and it showed vs. the Chargers... I think as of now he's the odd man out but if we try to sneak him to the Practice Squad I'm almost assured he won't clear waivers.

Really we might keep 3 QBs, but maybe to help get some more players on board at other positions we'll go the route with 2 again... I don't think Chase Daniel would clear waivers either after what he showed in the Texans game.

saintsfan912
08-30-2010, 07:07 PM
Daniel may clear waivers, not many coaches can make a 6'0 QB look that good.

Auron
08-30-2010, 07:09 PM
Daniel may clear waivers, not many coaches can make a 6'0 QB look that good.

I think that guy in your sig could go just about anywhere and do good http://draftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif (*cough* well maybe not Oakland*)

saintsfan912
08-30-2010, 07:16 PM
Well "that guy" is a freak of nature haha. Daniel was undrafted for a reason I think.

CJSchneider
08-31-2010, 05:35 AM
Antonio Gates says hi.

NOLAFan
08-31-2010, 05:17 PM
So what are the chances we cut Darren Sharper and Clint Ingram? I just saw on NFL.com that they were endangered of being cut because their injuries are not coming along as expected and will most likely miss the opener barring a miracle.

Auron
08-31-2010, 06:57 PM
So what are the chances we cut Darren Sharper and Clint Ingram? I just saw on NFL.com that they were endangered of being cut because their injuries are not coming along as expected and will most likely miss the opener barring a miracle.

Woah cut Sharper? the only way I see that is if his knee is so bad he can't play out the entire season.. if he isn't ready to return to practice soon he's more likely to go on the PUP and be out the first 6 weeks of the season.

Clint Ingram on the other hand, we haven't seen all off season so I can easily see him getting axed.

Sveen
09-01-2010, 12:13 AM
Canfield was truly a wasted pick. Didn't even get to play (except for kneel downs).

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2010/08/new_orleans_saints_waive_qb_se.html

Bosanac01
09-01-2010, 12:28 AM
how is chase daniels looking?

Auron
09-01-2010, 05:11 AM
how is chase daniels looking?
Chase Daniel is doing fairly well, had a break through performance vs Houston when he played 2 and a half quarters and led the Offense on a few impressive scoring drives. He might become the top backup.

Bosanac01
09-01-2010, 09:35 AM
I think the offense suits him quite well.

wicket
09-01-2010, 12:21 PM
i still dislike the pick but apparently robinson has been looking good in the last few practices

Saints-Tigers
09-01-2010, 07:18 PM
i still dislike the pick but apparently robinson has been looking good in the last few practices

Who did you want us to pick, btw?

CJSchneider
09-01-2010, 10:24 PM
I just knew it was going to Price or Kindle. I was with TerribleTowel39 at BWW watching the draft. My jaw hit the floor when we picked Robinson.

J-Mike88
09-01-2010, 10:25 PM
My team's thread is boring. Nobody there all night.... gotta come in here because in week one, I am a die-hard Saints fan.

How do you guys feel about the opener against the Grape Apes?

They actually totally outplayed you guys, but you guys won thanks to the patented Farve choke, and some donations from Peterson, which I loved by the way. I remember the Vikings winning there on MNF the year before too, with Tarvarris Jackson QBing them, and that despite not one but TWO Reggie Bush returns for TDs if I remember correctly.

That teams is good. If you can contain Jared Allen off the edge though, Brees should be able to light them up. But they bottled him up in the NFCCG.

I still have that game on my DVR I loved it so much!

I know many fans of ours always downplay the opponent and act like our team is gonna roll every week. But the Vikings are tough, but no Sidney Rice, that should slow em down a little bit.

Auron
09-02-2010, 05:17 PM
Vikings will be a very tough opener for the season. They are going to want revenge from the NFC Championship game, and lately have always played us very tough, and despite some of their injury concerns I expect it to be a hard fought game.

I think the key.. (as always when you play the Vikes) is to not allow Jared Allen to dominate your Offensive front, I expect us to throw a lot of doubles his way. Yes Rice being out hurts them, but they still have Percy Harvin who can be just as dangerous, have to be wary of him.

I'll be interested to see how our Defense holds up this year with the loss of 2 key players from past teams OLB Scott Fujita, and DE Charles Grant... will Alex Brown really be that big of an upgrade? I don't know how Sharper is coming along but Malcolm Jenkins might be starting at FS.. so we'll have to see how he holds up... Also I really hope that Jon Vilma will be back and ready to play for this game.

wicket
09-03-2010, 02:40 PM
WWL radio "confirmed" that Chris Ivory, Chase Daniel and Junior Gallete all made the final 53

Auron
09-03-2010, 02:43 PM
Veteran DE Bobby McCray has been released again. NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81a3fcbb/article/saints-cut-veteran-de-mccray-after-resigning-him-in-july?module=HP_headlines)

This doesn't surprise me much, McCray was cut in the off-season and hasn't done much during this pre-season, since being re-signed. He was constantly getting washed out of plays, and overrunning plays, got sealed on the edge being a primary factor for a lot of big runs against us during some pre-season games.

Rumors coming out of WWL radio are reporting Junior Galette, Chase Daniel, and Adrian Arrington have made the final roster. Still awaiting official word though.

wicket
09-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Sean Payton announcing saints roster:

Ill edit in the names when he actually gives them

Edit: He wont give them and gave the most useless announcement ever

Auron
09-03-2010, 04:18 PM
This is just a preliminary list of what I've gathered from hopping around forums by no means is it official.

Players that were Released:
Bobby McCray (DE)
Patrick Ramsey (QB)
Ladell Betts (RB)
Kendrick Clancy (DT)
Nick Leckey (C)
Chip Vaughn (S)
Tyler Lorenzen (TE)

Players that Made the Roster:
Chase Daniel (QB)
Adrian Arrington (WR)
Junior Galette (DE)
Usama Young (S/DB)
DeShawn Wynn (RB)
Tory Humphrey (TE)

Other Important Transactions:
Darren Sharper to active PUP list; out first 6 weeks of the season.
Clint Ingram (OLB) to PUP list.

CJSchneider
09-03-2010, 05:54 PM
This is just a preliminary list of what I've gathered from hopping around forums by no means is it official.

Players that were Released:
Chip Vaughn (S)

I had hoped he would have done better.

Players that Made the Roster:
Chase Daniel (QB)
Adrian Arrington (WR)
Junior Galette (DE)

These make me happy.

Other Important Transactions:
Darren Sharper to active PUP list; out first 6 weeks of the season.

This I could have done without.

Responses in bold.

Auron
09-03-2010, 06:05 PM
Regarding Sharper, you would have hoped to avoid having him miss the first 6 games but the PUP was the only way to keep him on the roster without releasing him and risk other teams picking him up... and this way it ensures he'll have the proper time to heal. We also probably needed the roster space to keep some of the other players.

The downside though is that if he is ready to play before then, we can't activate him... looks like Jenkins will just have to be ready to step in.

Saints-Tigers
09-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Hate to see Vaughn go. He's essentially a rookie, and he has big tools, he really should have been given a bigger chance.

I'd hate to let a player with big upside go to hang onto someone like Pierson Prioleau or Chris Ries.

CJSchneider
09-03-2010, 06:28 PM
Hate to see Vaughn go. He's essentially a rookie, and he has big tools, he really should have been given a bigger chance.

I'd hate to let a player with big upside go to hang onto someone like Pierson Prioleau or Chris Ries.

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Auron
09-03-2010, 06:32 PM

I think Vaughn gets a prime look for the practice squad, same with Al Woods. The problem was he was very raw, and made a bunch of mistakes all through pre-season.. a team trying to repeat can't afford to go through his learning bumps.

and both Prioleau, and Reis are more experienced players, while also being factors on Special teams. Who knows maybe Vaughn will be back in camp next year ready to compete for a spot, maybe someone else picks him up as a project.

Saints-Tigers
09-03-2010, 09:03 PM
He did make plenty of mistakes, no doubt, but like I said, he's more or less a rookie.

Al Woods didn't make the cut either? Sounded like he was almost a lock to make the 53.

Auron
09-03-2010, 09:22 PM
He did make plenty of mistakes, no doubt, but like I said, he's more or less a rookie.

Al Woods didn't make the cut either? Sounded like he was almost a lock to make the 53.

Al Woods I'm not certain of just speculation on my part, we'll find out tomorrow.

As for Vaughn it's unfortunate he has the physical tools, and potential, if it were 2008 we probably would have kept him on the roster. However there aren't many open spots on a Defending Champion team, and the people that make it have to be able to contribute from Day one.

With Sharper's status being up in the air this Coaching staff really didn't have have that much wiggle room for any in-experience at the Safety position... which is why a guy like Prioleau, and Usama Young would make the team over Vaughn. Young hasn't looked that good himself in pre-season but he has some experience and familiarity in the system which is why I can see that decision being made.

Saints-Tigers
09-04-2010, 01:03 AM
I hope Jenkins really steps up, I think he can, and it would be really awesome. He's moving positions, but he's extremely talented, and is sort of the forgotten man it seems, in how good of a prospect he is.

Chase Daniel over Ramsey was the right choice, Ramsey might have been a smidge better, but Daniel is just getting started, and he's clearly going to be better moving forward.

Keeping 3 would be pointless, the difference between Daniel and Ramsey isn't going to make or break us if Brees happens to go down(and with either QB, we're screwed and tattooed).

wicket
09-04-2010, 02:57 AM
I dont really like keeping 4 tight ends, certainly not when you also keep 5 and a half wideouts. I would have liked to see 1 more interior lineman. I think that once sharper gets activated either reis or prioleau is out

Auron
09-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Well Jonathan Casillas to IR. Link (http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/12658/saints-lb-casillas-place-on-injured-list)

Just great, this staff did a pretty poor job addressing the Outside Linebacker situation this off-season, starting with letting Fujita walk.. and then neglecting to bolster this position through the Draft.

A disaster like this was waiting to come along, and we are less than a week away from opening night with the possibility of Dunbar, or Mitchell starting... possibly both if Vilma can't go. http://draftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon8.gif

wicket
09-04-2010, 07:33 PM
yeah we couldnt use this in what already was easily the weakest position on the team

CJSchneider
09-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Stanley Arnoux could be in line for some serious PT. That facts excites me as I am looking forward to see him pan out.

CJSchneider
09-04-2010, 09:14 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81a25abd/article/cutdown-day-teams-release-players-to-reach-53man-roster?module=HP_headlines

List of all the cuts made by all 32 teams.

Auron
09-05-2010, 10:06 AM
If Arnoux can stay healthy we can see what we have in him, regardless though unless we make a splash move through a trade, or bringing in a free agent. I think opening night we'll see Shanle switching back to WILL, with Dunbar playing SAM as he's done before.

wicket
09-05-2010, 01:54 PM
I truly feel our olb pair could be the worst in the league :(

saintsfan912
09-05-2010, 04:37 PM
Wicket, why are you even a Saints fan? All you ever do is complain about the team, the teams decisions, draft picks, ect.

FYI, Notre Dame blows.

wicket
09-05-2010, 04:48 PM
Wicket, why are you even a Saints fan? All you ever do is complain about the team, the teams decisions, draft picks, ect.

FYI, Notre Dame blows.

Not true, I love the UDFA they bring in all the time, the front office is awesome in that. Outside of that the only pick ive really showed my displeasure about was the patrick robinson pick.

Imo it was just weird that the front office decided to almost ignore the olb position whilst it was already bad last year and the team lost a starter to boot.

I can just post random Brees, Evans, PT Cruiser, Colston, Greer, Porter, Vilma, Fresh Prince, Nicks and Maechem are awesome posts but it makes for dull posts.

On top of that i meant to express more that the casillas IR deal hurt us cuz he impressed me in preseason.

But since you insist: Good job Mickey for finding 2 great UDFAs again in Galette and Ivory

saintsfan912
09-05-2010, 05:02 PM

Also posted about Robinson being nothing but a dime back, Charles Brown and Tennant taking 3-4 years to see the field. And basically how crappy the draft was all together.

Our OLBs aren't that bad. Greg Williams, who knows a hell of alot more than any of us do about football, said Shanle is probably the most underrated LB in the league and the way he's been playing I tend to agree with that. Not to mention the whole him being a pro football coach and everything kinda make me believe what he says.

wicket
09-05-2010, 05:26 PM
Also posted about Robinson being nothing but a dime back, Charles Brown and Tennant taking 3-4 years to see the field. And basically how crappy the draft was all together.

Our OLBs aren't that bad. Greg Williams, who knows a hell of alot more than any of us do about football, said Shanle is probably the most underrated LB in the league and the way he's been playing I tend to agree with that. Not to mention the whole him being a pro football coach and everything kinda make me believe what he says.

I still think that Robinson will be nothing but a dimeback this season and Charles Brown will take time to see the field. I never said that about Tennant as I loved (fav pick this draft) that pick and I truly feel he could be on the field already this season and he might actually start pretty soon (1-2 years).

That being said even with the support of Greg Williams Shanle has shown to be very limited in obvious passing situations (remember the vikings game). He is a sure tackler and the kind of football player I love due to the fact that he plays almost better than what he is capable off. On top of that you can hardly argue (at least imo) that dunbar is a limited football player.

The reason I disliked (and still dislike) this years draft is that this draft is focused on building in the long run which is good in general but imo when you have a qb playing at such a high level you shape the team at least a bit to win now, not down the road but pretty quickly. And since the front 7 was the weakest point of the team last season i disliked the fact that no real attempts were made to fix this (a fifth round flyer hardly counts).

Just so you can see how I see the draft and blame me off pure hating again:

Patrick Robinson pick: Disliked the pick very much for a few reasons. The first point being that Greer and Porter should be the starter for the next years which makes the pick of a high risk corner (tools but little performance) a weird choice as the upside of the gamble doesnt help the field all that much (not saying at all that a good future nickelback is useless or anything but first rounders should at least be future starters imo) and the downside is a wasted pick (not saying PRob will be a bust but he fits the mould of a boom or bust prospect). I do have to say that the news of the Kindle pre-draft health issues makes the pick somewhat less of a shocker (as I thought kindle was a home-run pick at the time of the draft)

edit: My feelings about the pick are not aided by the fact that PRob was almost my least favourite prospect in the whole 3 first rounds of this draft.

Charles Brown pick: Would have been neutral to the pick if we couldve gotten good trade value for Jammal Brown which we apparently couldnt. I do however get that it was great value and you can make a point that the value was to good to pass up. I however had bowman at a similar (even slightly better) value and thought he couldve had way more of a use for the team early in his career, imo bowman would quite possibly be the starter with the way things ended up.

Jimmy Graham pick: I was lukewarm at best early on due to the fact that Graham probably needs a good couple of years to develop in a true NFL player and I dislike that due to the previously noted limited shelf life of the best years of brees career. I thought Griffen wouldve been a criminal steal at this point in the draft and I really like Griffens upside still.

Mark Tennant pick: Loved this pick, still love this pick. I think he could really be the starter at center for us a year or two down the line, which would be pretty good payoff for a 4th rounder.

Al Woods pick: Loved that they finally had a front 7 pick, was somewhat lukewarm to Woods as a prospect but I thought it was a guess worth taking.

Sean Canfield pick: Somewhat indifferent to the pick. I got the thought behind it and I thought Canfield had some tools to work with but plenty of other options there as well.

Auron
09-05-2010, 05:38 PM
I do think we have a fantastic Front Office, I mean their track record speaks for themselves; but I do feel the way they chose to address the Outside Linebacker position this off-season was done very poorly.

If you're going to let Fujita walk that's fine, but then you don't use a single Draft pick towards a LB, and then only bring in a Linebacker that didn't fit into Jacksonville's plans who has not even been able to get on the field in pre-season.. just seems like a recipe for trouble if your In-House solution goes down which is exactly what has happened to Casillas.

We'll just have to trust in Greg Williams going forward, he'll do his best to scheme around the deficiencies but I do feel we are going to struggle against the run this year, especially with concerns at DT. Consider we're going to be facing some very tough running attacks this year starting with Adrian Peterson this Thursday.

saintsfan912
09-05-2010, 05:41 PM

That Tennant comment is what I was referring to.

wicket
09-05-2010, 05:46 PM
That Tennant comment is what I was referring to.

Which of the statements I made in that post are false. The draft was more focused on the long term and basically ignored filling needs for this season didnt it?

wicket
09-05-2010, 06:00 PM
but lets get back on topic and Ill try and be more positive in the future

saintsfan912
09-05-2010, 06:30 PM
That would be nice haha. The team hasn't downgraded in any way this offseason. Sure it was lackluster but if it aint broke, don't fix it.

wicket
09-05-2010, 06:32 PM
That would be nice haha. The team hasn't downgraded in any way this offseason. Sure it was lackluster but if it aint broke, don't fix it.

i agree with everything in that statement

saintsfan912
09-05-2010, 06:36 PM
By the way, our secondary is probably the best overall in the league. Just saying. And that's with or without Darren Sharper.

wicket
09-05-2010, 06:59 PM
By the way, our secondary is probably the best overall in the league. Just saying. And that's with or without Darren Sharper.

its ours or the bills probably, luckily we also have the #1 offense to go with it whilst they, well they dont

NOLAFan
09-05-2010, 07:33 PM
So any news on whether we are gonna trade for an LB to take over for Casillas?

wicket
09-06-2010, 06:48 AM
danny clark is signed. Will at the very least be useful in obvious rushing downs. Maybe Arnoux play will quite a bit as well.

Saints-Tigers
09-06-2010, 07:03 AM
Really wanted Al woods on the team, it's not like the rest of the DTs outside of Ellis are going to do anything, at least he was some hope for the future.

Really need to pursue Derrick Johnson or Thomas Howard. IF you are axing mid round picks, might as well trade them for valuable contributors, and our other trades have panned out well.

PackerLegend
09-07-2010, 08:10 PM
Please start the season off the right way and take it to the Viqueens. kthxbye

CJSchneider
09-07-2010, 08:14 PM
Please start the season off the right way and take it to the Viqueens. kthxbye

We will be doing our best to oblige you.

zachsaints52
09-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Hey guys hope all is well. Looking forward to tomar. Geaux Saints!

wicket
09-09-2010, 04:23 AM
Hey guys hope all is well. Looking forward to tomar. Geaux Saints!

life is good, really worried we might beat the vikings by less than 20

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
09-09-2010, 08:41 AM
NFL starts tonight with the champs hold it down and spank the Vikings. I can't wait to play you guys later in the season

TitleTown088
09-09-2010, 12:04 PM
Good luck guys, I think you know who's I"ll be rooting for.

CJSchneider
09-09-2010, 12:45 PM
I'm so amped for tonight's game.

Saints-Tigers
09-09-2010, 04:03 PM
Vikings seem like the Phoenix suns, more worried about crying about being hit too hard than correcting their mistakes.

Auron
09-09-2010, 10:44 PM
I guess all that matters is 1-0, but that was an ugly win.

After the opening drive our Offense really stalled, as the Vikings keyed in our in-balanced play calls. Pretty much passing on every down. 2nd half we were able to get into a much better rhythm and, and the play calling was much more improved towards the run.

I'm not happy with the Wide receiving group... they left plenty of plays out on the field.. and dropped many catch-able passes... Also what is up with Hartley? hopefully it is just some jitters he can shake out of the system... but after Mare, and Gramatica.. I really don't want to go down the same path of having another Kicker's confidence destroyed.

All in all the Defending champs will have much to improve on... I thought the performance should have been stronger against a Vikings team with a severely undermanned Secondary, and an out of sync' passing Offense.. outside of a few throws Favre looked very tentative out there. The Defense really held it together for most of this game..despite being out on the field for a long time.

saintsfan912
09-09-2010, 10:47 PM
Brees is still amazing. No two ways around that. The offensive line looked great for the most part, def a good sign.

CJSchneider
09-09-2010, 11:15 PM
I guess all that matters is 1-0, but that was an ugly win.

2nd half we were able to get into a much better rhythm and, and the play calling was much more improved towards the run.

I missed a good bit of the first quarter, but have to agree with you there.

I'm not happy with the Wide receiving group... they left plenty of plays out on the field.. and dropped many catch-able passes...

Again, I must agree. That drop by Meachem should have been 6 points.

Also what is up with Hartley? hopefully it is just some jitters he can shake out of the system... but after Mare, and Gramatica.. I really don't want to go down the same path of having another Kicker's confidence destroyed.

Something looked odd about the hold on the second one. Maybe it was just me, but I'll have to go back and watch it.

In addition, Sedrick Ellis and Jermon Bushrod both looked damn good.

Saints-Tigers
09-09-2010, 11:40 PM
Hartley has partied since the Super Bowl, not surprised with him.

Should have run the ball hard at them the whole game. Our first 2 runs went for 14 yards from Bush, Thomas stalled a little, but he always seems to be a bit slow on his first few runs.

The old Sean Peyton reared his head, and it really hurt our offense.

Man, are Nicks and Evans beasts or what? Both guys were handling Pat and Kevin Williams one on one and washing them out of most run plays.

wicket
09-10-2010, 02:47 AM
i get the thought though, the vikings had no secondary whatsoever. Also, in the first half the offense seemed somewhat unlucky with not getting 2 PI calls and stuff just missing. For instance, brees usually hit maechem down the right sideline where he overthrew him

wicket
09-10-2010, 02:57 AM
Another thing, I really feel the defense made huge strides. I was really happy with the performances of ayodele and ellis. If you combine that with the fact that in a normal game smith wouldve had like 5 holding fouls on him being called (it is beyond me how they missed the one where he was being held by the facemask) and you have a DLine i am way more optimistic about than I was before the game. Jenkins played awesome his first game at safety and im happy that he made the switch he shouldve made straight away iyam.

Harper, both corners and Vilma were all solid as a rock, like they always are and even the OLB's didnt get exposed much. The only thing that worried me a bit was the inability to bring peterson to the ground when he was wrapped up. Vilma even allowed him to get a first he shouldnt have just cuz he couldnt get peterson down. However if that (and the kicking) are the two things worth complaining about after game 1 we will have a good season.

Saints-Tigers
09-10-2010, 07:16 AM
Shanle was still worked in coverage a bit, but Ellis was dominant inside man, that was nice.

Jenkins did play great too, that near pick was both tremendous read on the play and outstanding explosion to break on the ball. He was very physical and thumped a few guys too, he's a real asset. Wonder what happens when Sharper comes back.

A lot of drops last night though, I don't expect that to remain a problem.

Auron
09-11-2010, 04:23 PM
I'm not worried about the Offense, I mean this is Payton and Brees we're talking about these guys are perfectionists and will work overtime until they get things clicking 100% the way the want to... although the Wide receivers need to get their act together and come up with the big catches when they have a prime opportunity. I think the in-balanced playcalling in the first half was just an issue of Payton being overly excited about testing the Vikes decimated secondary, and a few plays might have been audibles by Brees from run plays into passes. I think we'll start seeing our regular run/pass ratio from last year more as the season goes on.

Our Offensive line looked very strong in the opener... it seems like Jermon Bushrod has made very big improvements in his 2nd year and although we gave him help on a few occasions he was able to hold up vs. Jared Allen just fine. Sedrick Ellis was very disruptive this game, and hopefully he sets himself up to have a big year. Dunbar did a nice job of filling in... tackling at first contact could have been better all around but considering we were playing Adrian Peterson I'll give everyone a pass.

I'm expecting the Saints to actually improve as the season goes along, I just hope Hartley completely forgets what happened in this game and starts over fresh in the next game.

Saints-Tigers
09-11-2010, 06:41 PM
The O-line was outstanding, would like to see them split Pierre and Reggie's carries better though. Neither has been a pillar of good health, no reason to ride the wheels off one of them.

Auron
09-11-2010, 07:21 PM
I would like to see better distribution of the ball in the running game, I can't recall Reggie Bush getting many carries at all in the 2nd half of the game when we really needed to go to the run game. Now I know that Pierre is better suited to run against the Vikings Defense but what this shows me is that the coaching staff still doesn't have much faith in Reggie in pure running situations.

I still think there are times where we might miss the presence of a Mike Bell, Lynell Hamilton type of rusher. Unless Ivory turns out to be "that guy" when he gets back from injury. Hopefully we'll see more involvement from Reggie in the next few weeks, they used him on a lot of "ghost motion" plays where they faked the reverse to him, then handed off to Pierre... hopefully we can switch it up and give him some reverses, and use him more in our WR sets split out wide.

Saints-Tigers
09-12-2010, 08:10 AM
If I recall, he got one 8 yard carry on the first drive, then a 6 yard carry in the 3rd quarter.

zachsaints52
09-14-2010, 11:19 AM
I think Brees and Shockey light it up vs. the 49ers. 8 catches 70-90 yards 2 TD's.

CJSchneider
09-14-2010, 12:29 PM
That would be SWEET!!!

wicket
09-14-2010, 01:59 PM
I think Brees and Shockey light it up vs. the 49ers. 8 catches 70-90 yards 2 TD's.

I think that partially will depend on how PWillie will be used in coverage (since he is easily their best backer in coverage), I can see them using PW on the TE or the running backs primarily.

Saints-Tigers
09-14-2010, 02:08 PM
Recent history shows that they tie P-Willie to Bush, and just try to eliminate that(they don't want a repeat of the 4 touchdowns).

I'll take that trade off though, if Willis bolts for a RB every passing play, we'll have plenty of passing space.

zachsaints52
09-14-2010, 05:07 PM
Recent history shows that they tie P-Willie to Bush, and just try to eliminate that(they don't want a repeat of the 4 touchdowns).

I'll take that trade off though, if Willis bolts for a RB every passing play, we'll have plenty of passing space.

Basically what this guy said.

NOLAFan
09-14-2010, 05:34 PM
Bush has given up his heisman (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81a894b6/article/remorseful-saints-rb-bush-gives-back-2005-heisman-trophy?module=breaking_news). I kinda feel bad for him, but atleast the distraction is gone now.

zachsaints52
09-14-2010, 06:13 PM
Cause the financial situation off the field made him better on the field.... yeah right. But I agree he should give it up since it clearly says on the voting card about student athlete thing.

CJSchneider
09-16-2010, 02:06 PM
We made a few roster moves today. (http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2010/09/new_orleans_saints_re-sign_cor.html?utm_source=bleacherreport.com) I really thought we would have found a way to get Troy Evans back on the roster by now.

wicket
09-16-2010, 06:25 PM
We made a few roster moves today. (http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2010/09/new_orleans_saints_re-sign_cor.html?utm_source=bleacherreport.com) I really thought we would have found a way to get Troy Evans back on the roster by now.

good job iyam, torrence is a great special team player and he has more use in regular games as well than KC iyam, didnt have the best preseason but he was pretty acceptable the games he was forced to play last season

wicket
09-17-2010, 02:50 AM
thanks to singletary for providing some quality posterboard material to get the troops wound up
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2010/09/16/singletary-disputes-report-of-losing-faith-in-coordinator/

Singletary: I want to talk about New Orleans if you want to talk about that.

O’Donnell: OK. Let’s talk about trying to stop Drew Brees.

Singletary: We will not try to stop Drew Brees. We will stop Drew Brees. Next question.

O’Donnell: Let’s talk about trying to move the ball against the New Orleans defense …

Singletary: We will not try to move the ball against the New Orleans defense. We will move the ball and we will score.

O’Donnell: Obviously there’s a sense of frustration that’s built …

Singletary: No, there’s not a sense of frustration. I’m just being honest. I had a conversation about this early today and I came in here ready to talk about New Orleans and we get all this other. I’m just tired of talking about that. I’m ready to go. I am excited, I’m ready to go, I just finished talking to my team, I’m ready to go. We can talk about New Orleans, let’s go, but I don’t want to talk about all this other stuff.

CJSchneider
09-17-2010, 10:09 PM
As a once 49er fan, I'm gonna feel a little bad about whooping their ass Sunday.

wicket
09-18-2010, 04:37 AM
As a once 49er fan, I'm gonna feel a little bad about whooping their ass Sunday.

they are my #2 team but I still have no issues pushing their **** back. (as long as we dont break to many of their players)

zachsaints52
09-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Letssssssssssssss Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Whodat!

Saints-Tigers
09-20-2010, 05:47 PM
Bush/Shockey need to line up in the slot a lot. I want to see Willis out there where he can't make a play in the middle, and if he doesn't follow them out there, look to exploit that until he does.

wicket
09-20-2010, 06:34 PM
Bush/Shockey need to line up in the slot a lot. I want to see Willis out there where he can't make a play in the middle, and if he doesn't follow them out there, look to exploit that until he does.

I agree. Gameplanning away from someone usually is a sign of weakness but in this case its a sign of strength. We just have more weapons than they can cover

CJSchneider
09-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Looks like Bush will be out 6 weeks minimum.

Auron
09-23-2010, 11:00 AM
Thankfully not a season ender, but the loss of Bush's presence will be felt. He doesn't put up the huge numbers, but he opens up a lot of things for the rest of the Offense. For instance the one play in the 2nd half we were in the Red Zone, and Bush ran a swing out in the flats and occupied 2 Defenders they both ran hard to him, which left Colston alone with a CB as he ran a stop route right outside the endzone.

I'm sure we will scheme around this loss, Pierre will get more carries, and we just re-signed Betts. Although I'm not sure exactly how much Betts will help this team. Brees can certainly carry this team in the passing game until Reggie gets back... also hopefully Ivory can get healthy again.. looks like he'll be out for a while longer.

All in all I think we'll manage but our Offense was already struggling a bit atleast by the high standards we hold them to... it will be interesting to see how this Bush injury effects Payton's play calling, and how we try to use our formations for match ups now.

Bosanac01
09-23-2010, 11:52 AM
You guys prepared to finally lose to the falcons?

saintsfan912
09-23-2010, 06:02 PM

Hahahahaha

CJSchneider
09-24-2010, 05:25 AM
A dirty bird can't fly with a broken wing.

NOLAFan
09-24-2010, 02:19 PM
A dirty bird can't fly with a broken wing.

love that commericial

CJSchneider
09-24-2010, 08:05 PM
LVKtmRoh6Mo

Auron
09-25-2010, 10:13 AM
I'm a little bit worried about this game tomorrow, even though we've been beating the Falcons lately they've really been nipping at our heels and all the games have been very close, decided only by a few points.

We're going to have to slow down Snelling who had a pretty good game against us last time we met, he's not Gore or Peterson but he's still a dangerous back in Atlanta's power scheme. I noticed on Playbook they broke down some film of their Defense and their Defensive backs have been very aggressive thus far, playing tight in coverage... I'd like to see us take some shots with some double move routes... but we'll need good protection for that.

CJSchneider
09-25-2010, 11:33 AM
If you remember, they shoved that ran down our throats from the on-set in our meetings last year as well. I doubt we see anything different tomorrow. No doubt we will have to get all the fundamentals right if we want to win on Sunday.

Bosanac01
09-26-2010, 05:21 PM

Hahahahaha

Hahahahaha

dunagan15
09-26-2010, 09:51 PM
The Saints cant win when the kicker got no leg...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Saints-Tigers
09-28-2010, 04:15 AM
Damn, it sounds like the Falcons just won the superbowl with how they celebrate. Not that they'd know what that feels like, but you get the idea.

CJSchneider
09-29-2010, 02:11 PM
I just hope we can come back and rub not winning the division in their faces. Screw 'em, on to beating Carolina.

CJSchneider
09-30-2010, 09:16 AM
http://www.neworleanssaints.com/news-and-events/article-1/Wednesday-Practice-Report/7c87f95f-d9b4-4a16-a354-cc6b443382ce

We re-signed John Carney. I am not surprised by this move.

diabsoule
10-01-2010, 11:15 PM
http://www.neworleanssaints.com/news-and-events/article-1/Wednesday-Practice-Report/7c87f95f-d9b4-4a16-a354-cc6b443382ce

We re-signed John Carney. I am not surprised by this move.

He will also be kicking this week against Carolina. I think it's to send a message to Hartley.

CJSchneider
10-02-2010, 08:35 AM
I have some mixed feelings about that. I think you bring in Carney to send the message. What if Carney hooks an important one this week?

wicket
10-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Question: im in new orleans right now and im looking for a good fun sportsbar to watch the saints tomorrow, can someone help me out with that?

diabsoule
10-02-2010, 03:25 PM
Saints have signed RB DeShawn Wynn from the practice squad to the active roster.

CJSchneider
10-02-2010, 04:46 PM
Question: im in new orleans right now and im looking for a good fun sportsbar to watch the saints tomorrow, can someone help me out with that?

Pat O'briens on Bourbon Street.

CJSchneider
10-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Saints have signed RB DeShawn Wynn from the practice squad to the active roster.

We're going to have quite the "backfield by committee" this week.

CJSchneider
10-03-2010, 01:41 PM
vs. Carolina

Notes thus far:
- Not happy with the fumbles
-Meachem needs to assist more in the blocking area, I have seen him standing there watching a few times already.
-Chris Ivory can be an awesome runner - it will be interesting to watch him progress.

Auron
10-03-2010, 03:27 PM
Well we got a much needed win, especially because this was a Divisional game. No way we could have afforded to start 0-2 within the Division, but man this was another ugly victory.

Overall the Offense was fairly efficient, managed to maintain possession much better, converted their 3rd downs, and I felt Betts, and Ivory ran the ball fairly well... however we kept shooting ourselves in the foot with Fumbles.. Lance Moore, and Ivory fumbles both took away scoring chances. Absolutely can't have that. Also this Offense has to do a better job in the Red Zone, we've been leaning on our Defense heavily in these first 4 games... but this team is built for the Offense to score Touchdowns consistently.. and we have to do a better job of that.

Pierre needs to get healthy quick, we miss so much in our screen game without him. Betts, and Ivory will do just fine but they have to get acclimated to this system quickly. It's so obvious when Ivory is in it's usually run, and when Betts comes in it's more likely pass.

NOLAFan
10-03-2010, 07:37 PM
I think our offense is horrendous this year, and Brees has disappointed me in all 4 games. Sooner or later we are gonna have to play one full game without all these stupid mistakes. Are defense isn't built so that we can lean on them an entire game. Payton needs to get their asses.

I agree with CJ Ivory is looking good but he has to secure that ball.

Auron
10-03-2010, 08:02 PM
I think our offense is horrendous this year, and Brees has disappointed me in all 4 games. Sooner or later we are gonna have to play one full game without all these stupid mistakes. Are defense isn't built so that we can lean on them an entire game. Payton needs to get their asses.

I agree with CJ Ivory is looking good but he has to secure that ball.

Outside of the Atlanta game, I don't see how you can say Brees has been disappointing this season. I mean he's completing 73% of his passes, and the Atlanta game was the only game this season he's thrown an interception in... It's not his fault his receivers have dropped some crucial passes, or Lance, and Ivory fumbled away promising drives. Sure he's been off on some deep passes this season.. but we could be doing much worse at QB.

CJSchneider
10-03-2010, 08:48 PM
I really think we have been spoiled by such great play from Brees over the last few years that when we see him perform just at average or slightly above, we feel let down.

Auron
10-03-2010, 09:18 PM
I agree I think it's unrealistic to think that Brees can have a 5 TD/0 Int game every time out. Considering he didn't have either of his top 2 Running Backs today, and was playing with a knee brace on his Left Knee I think Brees managed the Offense just fine. We just have to come up with a better formula in the Red Zone.

Also I think our Offensive Line has vastly underperformed this season, especially Jahri. He's had some penalties, and there was one play where a Panther D-line blew right past him to drop Betts for a big loss... and that was down near goal-line. We need Jahri to play at a high level. Devery has been running hot & then cold this season, while Meachem just doesn't seem to be at full speed right now he doesn't have that same burst we've seen from him last season. Maybe the toe injury is lingering?

Eventually we'll figure out these Offensive issues.. hopefully sooner rather than later...

NOLAFan
10-03-2010, 09:29 PM
I really think we have been spoiled by such great play from Brees over the last few years that when we see him perform just at average or slightly above, we feel let down.

This is pretty much how i feel. Brees isn't performing bad at all, i have just come to expect high production from him and our offense. I'm just frustrated that we aren't performing like last year, ya know?

Saints-Tigers
10-05-2010, 05:08 AM
Guys, Brees is on pace for over 4400 yards, 73% completion, 28 TDs, and 8 interceptions.

and that's without having a big stat padding game.

CJSchneider
10-05-2010, 05:29 AM
That's just not good enough for us, LOL.

NOLAFan
10-05-2010, 09:26 AM
That's just not good enough for us, LOL.

I thrive on 40burgers, and i haven't had one this season....I"M DYING!!
lol

Saints-Tigers
10-05-2010, 01:42 PM
TBH, I'd like to see the TDs go up, but 73% when your receivers are dropping easy ones is pretty ridiculous. He might break his own % record.

I wouldn't worry too much though, a lot of those 40 point games were coming with defensive touchdowns and huge amounts of momentum.

A scout told me that most teams don't make major adjustments until after game 4, so they can see what is a problem and what trends remain through more than 1-2 games.

We'll see what happens now, but being 3-1 in 4 games we could have easily dropped shows a lot about this teams testicular fortitude. Every team has been close to us and we did what we needed to do to be 4-0.

We could easily be 0-4, but this team has done what championship teams do late in games to win.

We'll get healthier and gel better as the year goes on, relax fellas.

Auron
10-05-2010, 07:59 PM
Yeah it's no time to panic at all... we're still getting to the meat of the schedule. If we're still struggling with the same problems by Weeks 10,11,12...etc then it's seriously time to worry...

We had the crazy fast start last year which is probably why a lot of Saints fans are a bit worried this season, but most teams usually find their stride in in the middle, latter parts of the season... but it's great we're getting wins in games where we don't play our best football.

CJSchneider
10-06-2010, 05:33 PM
Porter out 3-4 weeks,
Reisis done for the year,
and we re-sign Toorence.

I'm not super-worried, but I am sure glad we face a rookie QB this week.

wicket
10-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Porter out 3-4 weeks,
Reisis done for the year,
and we re-sign Toorence.

I'm not super-worried, but I am sure glad we face a rookie QB this week.

very true, on top of that we have been playing like crap

CJSchneider
10-07-2010, 02:26 PM
very true, on top of that we have been playing like crap

That's what happens when you spend a year dropping 40-burgers on people. You score 28 points and people say you are off.

wicket
10-07-2010, 02:27 PM
That's what happens when you spend a year dropping 40-burgers on people. You score 28 points and people say you are off.

I was talking about the turnovers, they are just upsetting.

CJSchneider
10-07-2010, 08:03 PM
Ahh. Yeah, I agree, especially for where they took place on the field.

fenikz
10-08-2010, 01:24 PM
PT playing on sunday?

and is he worthy of a fantasy start

CJSchneider
10-08-2010, 06:31 PM
He didn't practice Thursday. I haven't heard for sure whether or not he will play against AZ.

Saints-Tigers
10-09-2010, 03:25 AM
I heard that Thomas is out for this game.

At least our young DBs are getting some burn now, might be a blessing in disguise come seasons end.

Really anxious to see what Clint Ingram brings when he comes back in.

CJSchneider
10-09-2010, 07:28 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81b2abec/article/saints-rb-thomas-out-vs-cards-with-lingering-ankle-injury?module=HP_headlines

Yep, he'll be out.

Flyboy
10-09-2010, 12:42 PM
I'm hating life right about now.

wicket
10-09-2010, 12:50 PM
I'm hating life right about now.

what is up son?

CJSchneider
10-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Banking on PT to be active in order to pull a FFB win?

wicket
10-10-2010, 04:42 PM
damn this team might win again but they are playing like crap again

CJSchneider
10-10-2010, 06:12 PM
I'm so pissed right now; I don't even want to talk about the ******* game.

Auron
10-10-2010, 11:13 PM
Well it was only a matter of time before the Offensive deficiencies cost us a game, it's becoming clear that this is a problematic trend, and not something that can be easily corrected within a week. It pains me to say this but it looks like the Saints are headed for one of those seesaw 8-8 type years like they had in 2008. I would say even Tampa is playing better than us right now. The Saints can still turn things around, but you are what you are... and even getting Ingram, and Sharper back probably won't change anything.. because honestly it is the Offense that is the problem right now.

It's obvious we sorely miss Reggie Bush & Pierre Thomas right now. It was clearly evident on that one series where we had 1st & Goal at the 5... and ended up coming away with nothing. We had to burn 2 timeouts.. because it appeared the guys in the Backfield couldn't get lined up right for the play. I honestly expected better of Ladell Betts... I didn't expect a world beater but I did think he would do a solid job of securing the ball and grinding some tough yards, but that was just awful from him. He pretty much handed the Cards a Touchdown with that fumble that fell into Kerry Rhodes lap... and the play where we were backed up in our own endzone and the ball tipped off his hands into a Cards Defender it looked like he didn't even expect the ball to come to him. I don't think that would have been the result had Reggie or Pierre been in there.

Ivory looks like a decent, physical runner... but he is somewhat of a liability in that we can't work with him in the Passing game because he's not up to speed with blocking responsibilities. It pretty much telegraphs to the Defense when he's in... it's going to be run. This Offense is largely predicated on Play-Action passing.. and right now teams are not respecting our Run game at all. So that really throws us out of the loop when the part of our Offense is not all together.

Drew Brees had his first truly poor game in a while, it happens. I'm not sure whether the Knee injury is still an issue for him, but it does look like he isn't able to fully step into some of his throws. A lot of his deeper, to mid-deep passes just don't seem to have the same kind of authority on them.. and it has effected some of his mobility to move around in the pocket. Still I can't lie all the blame on him, the Offensive line played another poor game. Stinchcomb did not look great, and Jahri Evans continues to be penalized. Without even going back he has had a bunch of False starts, and Holding penalties.. and not just today it's becoming a theme this year for him.

Right now this Offense is in a state of flux.. it doesn't seem to be quite as bad as early '07 but its' close, what is the solution? I'm not sure maybe it's just to wait it out like we did back then. Hopefully our backs will return healthier, whatever is bothering Brees stops, and our O-line and Receivers start improving their play.

CJSchneider
10-11-2010, 02:18 PM
Great post Auron. I completely agree with what you said about Ivory. It is apparent, after 3 INT's, that Drew Brees is not the QB he was last year. I think that is because he may be trying to hard to get the offense back where it was last year as opposed to just letting it settle into a rhythm and letting things happen on their own. I also see the lack of turn-overs on defense as a team wide problem. As I said in the Saints post in the Pro Football Section, those turn-overs and pick six's last year did a great deal to affect both team's, our and our opponents, morale. You add all those things up, it will be hard achieving what we did last year.

Saints-Tigers
10-11-2010, 03:18 PM
Brees just isn't as sharp as he usually is. The dude threw that second INT right into the defenders hands when Shockey would have had a 40 yard gain down the sideline.

Even the touchdown to Meachem was underthrown and behind him and could have easily been picked.

He's just not connecting like he was.

On top of that, the receivers are getting exposed for what they always have been. Marques Colston+ a bunch of replaceable bodies. We need Reggie back in there to draw double teams and cause mismatches, or these guys can almost never get open.

CJSchneider
10-13-2010, 09:52 PM
Among other things, we signed Julius Jones. (http://www.neworleanssaints.com/news-and-events/article-1/Payton-And-Brees-Turn-Attention-To-Tampa-Bay/e68c16fb-b14c-4c2f-816d-a01bda264233)

Your thoughts on the roster moves.

RaiderNation
10-14-2010, 03:56 PM
Do you guys expect Meachem to see the field more and more now? He posted decent stats last week and I need a WR in FF

wicket
10-14-2010, 03:57 PM
Do you guys expect Meachem to see the field more and more now? He posted decent stats last week and I need a WR in FF

slowly maybe, at this moment the offense should just be better as a whole to make it attractive

Saints-Tigers
10-14-2010, 07:20 PM
Good news, Reggie is running on a treadmill and in the pool, and doing work on the exercise bike, and supposedly feels really good. Could see him back in week 7.

CJSchneider
10-15-2010, 05:31 AM
Week 7 may be possible because we play Cleveland. Week 8 is going to be rough period because that is when we face Pittsburgh.

Auron
10-15-2010, 04:43 PM
I honestly don't expect to see Reggie until after our Bye Week, but if he's back before then great.. I just don't want to see him rush back push himself before he's truly ready to come back.

D-Unit
10-16-2010, 12:04 PM
PM me if interested in being the GM of your team in our forum mock!

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43261

Saints-Tigers
10-17-2010, 07:51 AM
So, Robinson is looking pretty good lately, and we lost some CBs already this year.

Anyone else still want JErry Hughes, who hasn't recorded a stat yet?

wicket
10-17-2010, 07:55 AM
So, Robinson is looking pretty good lately, and we lost some CBs already this year.

Anyone else still want JErry Hughes, who hasn't recorded a stat yet?

I am still not happy with the pick in principle although with the injuries and stuff the pick isnt looking as bad as I expected it to be at all

Saints-Tigers
10-17-2010, 07:58 AM
It's the one reason I didn't have a problem with it, I just figured history was on their side when you consider that Greer, Porter, and *** have all been banged up and hurt before, and Jenkins was already being talked about as being moved.

I won't lie, I was pissed that we passed on Sergio Kindle, and I still wouldn't mind Terrence Cody clogging the whole middle of the field, and Daryl Washington is a tackling machine that would fit perfect cleaning up on the edges and covering TEs.

Either way, Robinson is athletic and physical, I like that.

Auron
10-17-2010, 08:06 AM
I've been surprised by Robinson's play he's holding up pretty decently, and is willing to come up and tackle. However I will say his tackling form needs to improve he still tackles with his head down sometimes which will get him hurt with a concussion, and he needs to stop leading with his helmet that will be a double whammy if he gets hurt and gets a penalty called on top of that.

CJSchneider
10-17-2010, 08:24 AM
I won't lie, I was pissed that we passed on Sergio Kindle, and I still wouldn't mind Terrence Cody clogging the whole middle of the field, and Daryl Washington is a tackling machine that would fit perfect cleaning up on the edges and covering TEs.

Either way, Robinson is athletic and physical, I like that.

I could have written this myself. I don't feel like Robinson has been some huge and utter failure though, so my reasons to complain have been minimal.

CJSchneider
10-17-2010, 03:31 PM
I only was able to see the last half of the 4th quarter, but I love the score and the fact that Chris Ivory had such a great day. It also looks like the Drew Brees of last year surfaced.

Auron
10-17-2010, 03:40 PM
It helps that our Offensive line had their first truly dominating performance, they were driving Buc Defenders off the line from the start. Chris Ivory looks to show some promise, he still has some things to improve on so we can start utilizing him more in the passing game but running the ball he looked strong, and showed some burst.

It seemed liked the Bucs played their secondary to take away the Middle of the field for us, so we took advantage outside the numbers and hit some plays deeper down the sidelines. Defensively we played very well. Jenkins just looks like a natural Free Safety, I would like to see him be a bit more instinctual, and grab some Interceptions.

wicket
10-17-2010, 04:21 PM
brees was not at his best yet but at least he was making good throws. The throw for the TD to Lance Moore was probably his best throw for the season

V.I.P
10-17-2010, 09:03 PM
Congrats on the win guys! You whipped our asses !!!!!!

CJSchneider
10-19-2010, 06:07 AM
So what are everyone's thoughts on Cleveland? I'm looking forward to getting PT back.

wicket
10-19-2010, 07:20 AM
So what are everyone's thoughts on Cleveland? I'm looking forward to getting PT back.

Hoping that Brees continues making strides back to his old self. Curious to see how the DLine will handle a pretty good left side of the OLine. With Joe Thomas, Alex Mack ( <3 ), and Eric Steinbach that side of the line is really pretty good.

I really would like another comfortable win

Auron
10-19-2010, 07:15 PM
There is no such thing is a gimme game in the NFL, but if we lose this game at Home against Cleveland I will be severely disappointed. It seems like we are finally getting back into our groove, I look for our Offense to keep improving. While the Defense has been playing very well lately, even if Greer has to miss this game I expect us to keep up the level of play against a possibly starting Colt McCoy.

It's going to be interesting to see the status of Pierre Thomas, and even Darren Sharper who is eligible to come off PUP. I'm hoping both can practice, and be active on Sunday. Even if they might not start.

Saints-Tigers
10-19-2010, 07:37 PM
I'm still standing by playing 3 safeties when they come back. Danny Clark really needs to start. He's a liability covering guys, but so are the rest of the OLBs.

Harper brings a better presence against the run and pass than anyone we can trot out there(unless Ingram comes in playing well), and having all 3 of Sharper, Harper, and Jenkins on the field gets our best guys on the field.

A modified nickel with Harper playing close to the line=win.

If your DBs tackle and support the run better than your LBs, whats the point of having them? hahaha.

I trust them though.

Auron
10-19-2010, 07:47 PM
I'm still standing by playing 3 safeties when they come back. Danny Clark really needs to start. He's a liability covering guys, but so are the rest of the OLBs.

Harper brings a better presence against the run and pass than anyone we can trot out there(unless Ingram comes in playing well), and having all 3 of Sharper, Harper, and Jenkins on the field gets our best guys on the field.

A modified nickel with Harper playing close to the line=win.

If your DBs tackle and support the run better than your LBs, whats the point of having them? hahaha.

I trust them though.

Well we still need LBs, because although we like the physicality of our DBs we saw what happened when TB played heavy Nickel, and Dime with Ronde Barber sliding into a Linebacker spot. They got ran over. I do think we'll see quite a lot of Defensive packages where Sharper, and Jenkins are the deep safeties.. and we have Harper, and or Usama Young down in the box, as a blitzer, extra force guy.

I'm actually not so down on Clark, Dunbar, Mitchell... they are mismatches in coverage and I'm surprised Tampa didn't test them more with Winslow... but they have been steady against the run and have held there own.

Whatever Greg Williams comes up with I'll trust.

Auron
10-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Well Greer, Shanle, and Pierre Thomas have yet to practice this week. Tomorrow will be the telling sign if they have any chance of suiting up vs. the Browns.

While we still should be fine without them, I would sleep a lot easier at night if I knew if they were ready to go yet.

Flyboy
10-23-2010, 12:14 PM
I just can't wait until our entire team is healthy or at least somewhat close to being healthy. That's a scary thought.

Auron
10-23-2010, 01:18 PM
I think we'll see a completely different Saints team after the Bye.

Porter, Greer should be back by then, Sharper looks to be activated tomorrow, Reggie, Pierre should be back... and Ivory should still be in the mix even with them back. Whatever distractions Brees had with his 2nd child should be over with now that his wife gave birth to another healthy baby boy, and he should be over any nagging issue with the knee.

So yeah I'm hoping we can at least go 2-1 in these next 3 games before our Bye. I don't expect to beat Pittsburgh as they have just been dominant Defensively lately... but we do seem to play at our best in prime time games at Home so stranger things have happened... but I do hope we can beat Cleveland at Home, and Carolina on the road. Then we can finish up the last 6 weeks of the season strong.

CJSchneider
10-24-2010, 04:24 PM
4 God-damned interceptions. I'm having real trouble accepting this.

Auron
10-24-2010, 05:38 PM
That was an embarrassment today, I'm finding it hard to even come up with words after this loss. So much for the Saints getting their "swagger" back... Playoff teams don't lose to the Browns at Home.

Given the circumstances the Defense played fairly well, except for that drive in the 4th quarter where we just could not get off the field on multiple occasions, and Peyton Hillis was just grinding us up.

However no other aspect on the team showed up today, 7 penalties, for 98 yards. Both Jahri Evans, and Carl Nicks commited costly penalties that brought back big plays for us and ultimately ended up killing drives for us. Special teams were just awful allowing them field position, and they managed to gain 150 yards on trick plays. Trick plays that honestly just shouldn't work on a consistent basis in the NFL. Brees played poorly... Payton was outcoached... all around awful game.

I have a feeling we are going to get shellacked by Pittsburgh... I have this one last hope that the Saints we know will show up and play well but that hope is dwindling fast.

Saints-Tigers
10-24-2010, 10:06 PM
Special teams broke our back.

The whole offense really needs to be relaxed. Brees is pressing way to hard and it's throwing off his accuracy BAD. This is the most accurate passer in the league, and he's all over the place with his ball placement, and his decision making is even worse right now.

We need to get back to running, and get our runners back to catch some passes. Special teams is breaking momentum badly, good god.

Mr. Goosemahn
10-26-2010, 12:56 AM
Glad to see the Saints boards are more active than the Dolphins'.

So what are your thoughts for Sunday Night's Game?

For starters, Flozell Adams and LaMarr Woodley will be back. Some basic breakdown and analysis on my part, on the Steelers:

Steelers on offense/Saints on defense:
- From what I'm reading, Patrick Robinson could make another start Sunday. I expect him to be matched up with Mike Wallace, since it would be wise to take advantage of his athletic ability to compensate for Wallace's ridiculous speed. Against the Dolphins, Vontae Davis was on Wallace for some plays, but he took turns with Jason Allen. Big mistake.

sI2sJ0nqvVY

Wallace only has 14 receptions this season, but 4 have been for TD's, and he's averaging a whopping 25.3 yards per catch; he's 1st in the league for players with at least 3 receptions. He's second in the league for any player, with Oakland WR Nick Miller getting 32 yards on his only catch of the season. He didn't really do that much during Roethlisberger's absence, but Big Ben throws a much better deep ball than Batch or Dixon, and so far, Wallace has gotten a TD in each of the two games since Ben's return.

- That would leave either Jabari Greer or Tracy Porter on Hines Ward. I know both are questionable, but I expect at least one of them to play. If neither plays, then I don't know who would, but I'll wish you luck. :)

- Speaking of Ward, he's had a great performances in our last two games. During those two games, his production surpassed everything he'd done in the past four. What a difference Roethlisberger makes.

First four: 12 receptions, 165 yards, 1 TD.
Past two: 12 receptions, 185 yards, 2 TDs.

- Our O-line was kind of exposed last game. They had been playing better than the previous years, mainly due to Pouncey, but they had a bad outing vs. Miami. Mendenhall was constantly stuffed during the second half, gaining a paltry 37 yards on 15 carries. Ben was sacked three times, but pressured many more. The offensive line has allowed a significantly less amount of sacks than they did in previous years though. There have been "only" 12 sacks allowed so far. We're tied for 11th in the league in least sacks allowed, so it feels nice to be in the top half for a change.

- 12 sacks also happens to be the amount of sacks the Saints have racked up so far, so we'll see how that area of the game pans out.

- This will be Ben's third game this season, so he should have most, if not all, of his rustiness gone. He's playing well, though. He's gotten 559 yards, 5 TD's, 1 INT, a 10.4 YPA with a 65% completion rate in just two games.

Steelers on defense/Saints on offense:
- Hopefully the Drew Brees from Sunday makes an appearance next week.

Don't get me wrong, I truly do like Drew Purdue, but not against my Steelers. I've seen what Brees can do while on his game, and I want none of that against us. :)

- I have no idea how the team is going to defend against your 4 WR sets. Don't know how often you use them, but I'm pretty sure that you do use them more often than I think you do. We've got 3 corners we use, being Ike Taylor, Bryant McFadden, and William ***, our nickel. All three have had nice seasons so far. Ike will probably defend Colston due to his size, with McFadden taking on Henderson or Meachem or whoever else starts. *** takes the third, but who'll take the fourth? We've got Anthony Madison, Keenan Lewis, and Crezdon Butler on the roster, but neither has seen any significant, scratch that, ANY playing time at corner this year. Lewis was competing for the starting job in the off-season, but ever since a complete mental breakdown during a preseason game (multiple penalties and smashing a glass/window in the locker room after the game due to frustration) he's been in Tomlin's doghouse. He's been inactive for most games, while Butler hasn't been active for any game. Madison is a special teams ace, but nothing else.

I guess either Polamalu or Timmons (yes, our ILB) will match up against the #4 WR. Timmons is amazingly athletic, and he's done it before, and succesfully; clearest example for me is covering the late Chris Henry vs. the Bengals every time we played them, even if just for a couple of plays.

- Speaking of Timmons, he's having a Pro-Bowl/All Pro season. So is James Harrison. Be on the lookout for those two guys during the game, they're real difference makers.

- We just lost Aaron Smith with a torn triceps, basically meaning he's done for the year. He was our best run-defender, and probably best defensive lineman. Could very well still be the best 3-4 DE in the game. It might have been his last game as a Steeler, as he's 34 years old and has had three season ending injuries in the past four years. His absence could very well mean that Ziggy Hood will get his first career start on Sunday, depending on Keisel and his status. He's nursing a hamstring injury.

Fellow Steelers fan KTrain has been mentioning that Ziggy is getting blown off the line of scrimmage during running plays, and since I haven't gone back to watch Hood's play, I'll take his word for it. He's a Ziggy hater, lol, but he usually backs up his opinions with facts and valid arguments, so that's why I believe him on Hood. Hood was a preseason monster, getting rave reviews during training camp. Unfortunately, virtually nothing of that has translated onto the field so far.

- Polamalu is a ballhawk and I'm pretty sure that Brees will be well aware of that. But if for some reason Brees decides to start chucking it, I wouldn't be surprised to see Polamalu get a pick or two. He's got an uncanny knack for making those types of plays.

- Our return game has been much improved over last years. Brown had a return TD vs. Tennessee and Sanders had some very nice returns yesterday vs. Miami. There is still no indication on who'll be active on gameday (Brown was active while Sanders was injured, Sanders has been active the past two games), but I think it'll be Sanders.

And...that's about it for Pittsburgh.

So what are some things we should know/be on the lookout regarding the Saints?

Saints-Tigers
10-26-2010, 01:50 AM
My thoughts?

I think the defense will be fine, and we'll win if the offense and special teams don't **** their pants again. Probably won't happen, special teams is in shambles, and the offense looks like crap.

wicket
10-26-2010, 01:53 AM
My thoughts?

I think the defense will be fine, and we'll win if the offense and special teams don't **** their pants again. Probably won't happen, special teams is in shambles, and the offense looks like crap.

my exact thoughts

Auron
10-26-2010, 05:03 AM
My thoughts on the game? I think we're in trouble. Deep trouble. If our Offense struggled against a Browns Defense with David Bowens, and Scott Fujita... then yeah I'm not exactly thrilled as to what Harrison, Woodley, Timmons are going to do.

I'd love to say Brees bounces back and starts playing like the elite QB we know he is again.. but I just can't see it this week. The Steelers are going to do what they do best at, force pressure and I see Brees continuing to press the issue and throw a few more Interceptions... especially if we fall behind early. The best thing for the Saints would be to get an early lead somehow.. anyway they can with a Defense, or Special teams big play.

Also I don't know what it is but our Home field advantage just hasn't been there this season, the fans have been quicker to boo, and that same intensity just isn't in the crowd from what I can feel.

terribletowel39
10-27-2010, 10:41 PM
My thoughts?

I'm not trying to come in here acting like yall aren't the Super Bowl Champs. But your defense?? What leads you to believe that the defense will be fine??

If anything, your offense will be fine if yall straighten up. I've been forced to watch a lot of Saints games and I haven't seen anything that would suggest your defense will be fine against the Big Ben led Steelers. Where do you match up well?? The only good match up is Vilma on Heath Miller in pass coverage. Maybe I'm being too homer. But I don't see how we don't score atleast 30+ pts.

Obviously, looking at CJ's sig, I have some vested interest in this game aside from it being the Steelers. Not including that everyone I work with "roots" for the Saints.

wicket
10-28-2010, 01:54 AM
I'm not trying to come in here acting like yall aren't the Super Bowl Champs. But your defense?? What leads you to believe that the defense will be fine??

If anything, your offense will be fine if yall straighten up. I've been forced to watch a lot of Saints games and I haven't seen anything that would suggest your defense will be fine against the Big Ben led Steelers. Where do you match up well?? The only good match up is Vilma on Heath Miller in pass coverage. Maybe I'm being too homer. But I don't see how we don't score atleast 30+ pts.

Obviously, looking at CJ's sig, I have some vested interest in this game aside from it being the Steelers. Not including that everyone I work with "roots" for the Saints.

because the defense has easily outplayed the offense thusfar. Sed Ellis and Will Smith against the OLine are matchups I like and our entire set of DBs against your wideouts are matchups I like

CJSchneider
10-28-2010, 03:03 AM
I'm just waiting to see Brees drop a 40 burger the Steelers as we have some great match ups in our favor when we go into our 4 WR set.

Saints-Tigers
10-30-2010, 10:18 AM

Our offense has been playing like ****, and our defense has been playing incredibly. I don't really know how else to put it.

Auron
10-30-2010, 05:27 PM
Our offense has been playing like ****, and our defense has been playing incredibly. I don't really know how else to put it.

Well this is probably going to be our biggest Defensive test yet, we can truly judge the Defense based on tomorrow's performance.

Yes they've done a great job and have played above our expectations but remember we've faced a lot of young, and inexperienced QBs starting with Clausen, Max Hall, Freeman, and lately McCoy.. three Rookies and 1 second year player... we haven't faced an established veteran QB since the start of the season..

I guess the last experienced guy with starts under his belt we've faced was Matt Ryan and we all know that didn't turn out well.

wicket
11-01-2010, 06:03 AM
Outside of a win that was pretty big in itself it was really nice to at least see signs of breesus in that guy who has been our qb this year. He still made a few bad mistakes but way less. On top of that the last td throw and the one colston dropped were both unreal throws.

I like it when the scream at your qb mini game is disabled, i get enough of that on saturdays.

Hines
11-01-2010, 08:29 AM
Good game all. You were the better team and totally dominated our offense. Best of luck the rest of the way.

Auron
11-01-2010, 09:19 AM
Thanks for the props. Good luck to you the rest of the way as well.

CJSchneider
11-01-2010, 12:39 PM
OK, so I have to wear this sig for a month as we didn't score 21, but it's worth it. I'll take a win and a crazy sig any day.

Saints-Tigers
11-01-2010, 02:35 PM
Now sign Randy Moss.

Auron
11-01-2010, 03:17 PM
Now sign Randy Moss.

Shocking move by the Vikes, but judging by Loomis and Payton's history in evaluating players I'll say no way that happens.

Saints-Tigers
11-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Yea, I don't think it will either, but I don't think they are opposed to signing a "problem" if they think they can reign them in(Hargrove, etc).

Auron
11-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Yea, I don't think it will either, but I don't think they are opposed to signing a "problem" if they think they can reign them in(Hargrove, etc).

Regarding Moss it could work out because it seems like he needs a controlled environment with strong leadership, something I believe we possess... and something that was lacking in Minnesota. (lately with the Childress, Favre issues it seems like a circus)

However he is 33, and even as a rental he's probably going to draw a considerable amount in a contract. If the team thinks he can give us a spark I'm not opposed, just I think other teams are more likely to be more aggressive pursuing him.