PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans Saints Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14

diabsoule
12-13-2009, 03:19 PM
Matt Ryan is playing. Chris Houston will be out.

Someone lied....

diabsoule
12-13-2009, 03:20 PM
What would you guys think about trading a 2nd round pick to the NY Jets for Kerry Rhodes?

NOLAFan
12-13-2009, 05:47 PM
What would you guys think about trading a 2nd round pick to the NY Jets for Kerry Rhodes?

I think a 2nd is too high. A 4th would work maybe a third

SaintsFanForLife
12-15-2009, 12:13 PM

If you would have asked last year I would have said hell yea. But now I would go with a 4rth.

Flyboy
12-15-2009, 01:08 PM

Ehhh... perhaps a 3rd.

diabsoule
12-22-2009, 05:40 PM
The Saints have released K John Carney.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4765640

CJSchneider
12-22-2009, 07:11 PM
I thought it would have happened sooner. With Hartley's suspension over, there is no need to keep a second kicker.

Caddy
12-23-2009, 05:45 AM
Dear New Orleans,

Please don't beat us too bad.

Yours sincerely,

Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

LonghornsLegend
12-23-2009, 10:18 AM
Was Carney really terrible for you guys, or just hurt? I can't help but think he's better then Suisham for us, but who knows, doubt we make another change again this late. Just wish that cut happened sooner.

Auron
12-23-2009, 11:16 AM
Was Carney really terrible for you guys, or just hurt? I can't help but think he's better then Suisham for us, but who knows, doubt we make another change again this late. Just wish that cut happened sooner.

He ussually was pretty reliable inside of 30 yards, it was just lately he seemed to be shaky on a lot of extra points, and short kicks even ones he made... so that prompted Payton to switch to Hartley once he came back from suspension.. after all there was no point keeping 2 kickers on the roster.

Saints-Tigers
12-23-2009, 01:30 PM
I'd probably do a second for Kerry Rhodes. Like I always figure when trading picks, potential is nice, but the chance of getting an established playmaker like Rhodes outweighs it, because the chance of drafting a safety that is that good in late round two is a bit slim.

The last pick of the second round isn't a big price, I think it'd be a nice trade.

D-Unit
12-23-2009, 01:32 PM
The Saints have released K John Carney.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4765640
Cowboys need to jump on that.

diabsoule
12-24-2009, 02:37 PM
According to one of the local news stations, WWL, John Carney has been signed by the Saints as a kicking consultant.

Saints-Tigers
12-24-2009, 03:34 PM
Lol.

"Ok Garrett, the key is to kick the ball between the two yellow poles."

saintsfan912
12-25-2009, 07:40 AM
Merry Christmas to the Who Dat Nation!

zachsaints52
12-27-2009, 11:48 AM
Hey guys long time no talk. Havent been on here quite awhile, but looking foward to starting to talk Saints football all over again :)

NOLAFan
12-28-2009, 11:51 PM
So we locked up the number one seed in the playoffs. Not really happy about it to be honest. We have placed ourselves in a crappy position

Flyboy
12-28-2009, 11:52 PM
We have the #1 seed in the NFC. Am I happy? No. But, still - it's something to be thankful for.

dabears10
12-29-2009, 12:10 AM
You are welcome Saints Fans. Cutlerz > BREESUS! or maybe not but tonight Cutler>Favre.

zachsaints52
12-29-2009, 01:36 AM
Crap Im thankful and glad we got #1 seed. Its a first in our teams history, and we get to stay in the dome throughout the playoffs as long as we are in it.

Auron
12-29-2009, 09:45 AM
I still think we need to go full throttle in the Carolina game and play our starters to win it.

diabsoule
12-29-2009, 01:03 PM
Just what the Saints needed
http://blogofneworleans.com/blog/2009/12/29/just-what-the-saints-need-bobby-mccray-arrested-for-dui/

NOLAFan
12-29-2009, 01:16 PM
Just what the Saints needed
http://blogofneworleans.com/blog/2009/12/29/just-what-the-saints-need-bobby-mccray-arrested-for-dui/

NOOO!!!!! McCray you just had to wash the taste of losing out with alcohol didn't you?

CJSchneider
12-29-2009, 08:31 PM
2010 pro bowlers

QB- D. Brees
OT- J. Stinchcomb
OG- J. Evans
MLB- J. Vilma
FS- D. Sharper

Complete rosters (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Am0wBlTMNcUBDxnUCNi7nTg5nYcB?slug=ys-10nfcprobowlrosters&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

I think Heath Evans would have surely been in the running for FB had he not been injured.

wicket
12-30-2009, 04:28 AM
2010 pro bowlers

QB- D. Brees
OT- J. Stinchcomb
OG- J. Evans
MLB- J. Vilma
FS- D. Sharper

Complete rosters (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Am0wBlTMNcUBDxnUCNi7nTg5nYcB?slug=ys-10nfcprobowlrosters&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

I think Heath Evans would have surely been in the running for FB had he not been injured.

seems fair, I wouldnt even have but Stinchcomb in myself but he did have a good year.
Only other guys who could potentially be considered imo are:
Marques Colston (but he had a few really bad games, but Id still rate his season over that of sidney rice)
Carl Nicks (but Davis is a cowboy and cowboys always get in)
Will Smith (but he ended up just short and rightfully so imo)
Jabari Greer (would be in if he didnt get injured imo)

NOLAFan
01-01-2010, 09:15 PM
So anyone know if the starters are gonna play the full game on sunday? I have been lost on player news ever since foxsports changed their layout :(

Auron
01-01-2010, 09:21 PM
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2010/01/mark_brunell_will_start_sunday.html

Looks like starters won't be getting much time at all, and Brees probably won't even see the field at all. Which may be ok, but I was hoping he and the 1st stringers could get a series, or 2 in to get themselves on track.

NOLAFan
01-01-2010, 10:06 PM
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2010/01/mark_brunell_will_start_sunday.html

Looks like starters won't be getting much time at all, and Brees probably won't even see the field at all. Which may be ok, but I was hoping he and the 1st stringers could get a series, or 2 in to get themselves on track.

Damn thats some booty. I really think thats a mistake going into this game and not trying to win.

thanks for the link Auron

diabsoule
01-02-2010, 01:50 PM
According to the team's website, it looks like CB Mike McKenzie has been waived.

CJSchneider
01-02-2010, 05:36 PM
Wow, that's surprising. On a side not though, I do hope I get to see Chase Daniel in the game for a few series though.

zachsaints52
01-02-2010, 10:11 PM
I hope Brunell dominates the game.

Saints-Tigers
01-05-2010, 02:17 AM
Brunell can stay as a player coach, but he should never see another snap.

Anyone hear anything about Bobby April? We could use the special teams jolt for sure, and he's the best of the best, and I'm sure he'd love to return home.

NOLAFan
01-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Charles Grant has been placed on IR after surgery on a torn tricep (http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2010/01/new_orleans_saints_defensive_e_11.html).

Imo this shows some stupidity on Sean Paytons part. If your not going to play your starters the whole game or at all then don't play them. Grant shouldn't have been in a completely meaningless game.

CJSchneider
01-05-2010, 11:55 AM
Bobby McCray will get the start which isn't terrible, but still I agree with NOLA.

SaintsFanForLife
01-05-2010, 01:18 PM
Brunell can stay as a player coach, but he should never see another snap.

Anyone hear anything about Bobby April? We could use the special teams jolt for sure, and he's the best of the best, and I'm sure he'd love to return home.

I would love to have Bobby April come back. Its a part of our game that we need work on.

Auron
01-05-2010, 01:38 PM
Losing Grant is definitely a blow, but I think this signifies the end for him... Second year he's been finished with this kind of injury.. he's just not living up to the contract he received, and even when he was in I couldn't help but think he could be making a bigger impact. I think this will open the door for us to bring in some youth at DE, which is now looking like more of a need spot.

NOLAFan
01-05-2010, 05:23 PM
Losing Grant is definitely a blow, but I think this signifies the end for him... Second year he's been finished with this kind of injury.. he's just not living up to the contract he received, and even when he was in I couldn't help but think he could be making a bigger impact. I think this will open the door for us to bring in some youth at DE, which is now looking like more of a need spot.

i concur. I wonder who though

CJSchneider
01-05-2010, 09:28 PM
i concur. I wonder who though

Two words - Everson Griffin

zachsaints52
01-05-2010, 10:22 PM
IF we get rid of Grants contract Id be all for getting a DE.... But is McCray allowed to play with his DUI?

Flyboy
01-06-2010, 02:10 PM

I fully concur with this statement.

wicket
01-06-2010, 02:55 PM
Two words - Everson Griffin

My name is Robin Franken and I support this statement

Auron
01-06-2010, 05:35 PM
So how do you guys feel heading into the Playoffs? I'm nervous... I'm hoping that some how when the Saints play in their first Play Off game they'll be able to flip the switch on and revert back to the style of play, and intensity they showed early in the season.

but somehow I feel as if this team might have lost it's mojo and I'm preparing that they have a very real possibility of being knocked out in their first game, because lately momentum just has not been on our side. Whether that's by misfortune, or something we're doing wrong.

diabsoule
01-06-2010, 10:11 PM
So how do you guys feel heading into the Playoffs? I'm nervous... I'm hoping that some how when the Saints play in their first Play Off game they'll be able to flip the switch on and revert back to the style of play, and intensity they showed early in the season.

but somehow I feel as if this team might have lost it's mojo and I'm preparing that they have a very real possibility of being knocked out in their first game, because lately momentum just has not been on our side. Whether that's by misfortune, or something we're doing wrong.

I hate to sound like a pessimist but nothing I've seen the past three weeks have inspired any confidence in me. I actually think we're going to be one and done. I don't want to face any team in the NFC playoffs.

Auron
01-06-2010, 10:24 PM
I hate to sound like a pessimist but nothing I've seen the past three weeks have inspired any confidence in me. I actually think we're going to be one and done. I don't want to face any team in the NFC playoffs.

Can't say I disagree... I can understand being caught off guard in the Dallas game, but to follow up that by losing a 17-3 lead to Tampa Bay at Home, when maybe it seemed like they had hoped the Bucs would just fold up their tents and pack it in is not a good sign.

but like I said there is still part of me that hopes maybe somehow they will turn it around in the playoffs.. I mean they have to or it's over... but the warning signs have been there, this team is not heading into the playoffs on the right footing. We'll just have to see who they play, and what happens from there.

CJSchneider
01-06-2010, 10:57 PM
This seems to be the consensus amongst Saints fans here in Bossier Citythat I have talked to the last week or so.

wicket
01-07-2010, 06:00 AM
AFC North and NFC West I believe:
Home: Atlanta, Carolina, Tampa Bay, St. Louis, Seattle, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Minnesota
Away: Atlanta, Carolina, Tampa Bay, Arizona, San Francisco, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Dallas
Id say we go 7-1 @ home and 3-5 away for a 10-6 record and a playoff birth in my crazy early season prediction

Flyboy
01-07-2010, 03:51 PM
Pffft. Bump you guys. I think we're still going to at least the NFC Championship Game. I think getting both Tracy Porter & Jabari Greer will help our defense immensely. It's insane how much Gregg Williams trusts to leave them on islands in man-to-man coverage. We need to definitely tweak some things in the offensive end but I think all in all we'll be fine.

NOLAFan
01-07-2010, 05:12 PM
Pffft. Bump you guys. I think we're still going to at least the NFC Championship Game. I think getting both Tracy Porter & Jabari Greer will help our defense immensely. It's insane how much Gregg Williams trusts to leave them on islands in man-to-man coverage. We need to definitely tweak some things in the offensive end but I think all in all we'll be fine.

i think everything hinges on those tweaks to the offense. They have just not been able to turn it on and keep it on since the Patriots game.

Auron
01-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Yeah it's been our Offense which has underachieved lately, if we're to go far in the Playoffs they have to step up.

diabsoule
01-10-2010, 03:38 AM
Well, we're going to be playing either Arizona or Green Bay next week.

NOLAFan
01-10-2010, 07:21 PM
Arizona it is.

Even though idk which Saints team is gonna show up i'm excited for the game

CJSchneider
01-10-2010, 09:45 PM
I'm hoping that AZ shot their wad against GB and prove to be easy win.

CJSchneider
01-10-2010, 10:11 PM
OK, so how did this go by the way?

diabsoule
01-11-2010, 01:44 AM
I'm hoping that AZ shot their wad against GB and prove to be easy win.

I have a feeling it might be a rematch w/ Dallas in the NFCCG.

nofalcons10
01-14-2010, 07:03 PM
cardinals can't stop our running game or our passing game.

saints march!

i think that the cowboys will be easier than the vikings.

diabsoule
01-14-2010, 09:31 PM
cardinals can't stop our running game or our passing game.

saints march!

i think that the cowboys will be easier than the vikings.

Cowboys? The same Cowboys team that has been on fire for the month of December and kicked our butts in the Dome in week 14?

CJSchneider
01-15-2010, 05:15 AM
I have a feeling it might be a rematch w/ Dallas in the NFCCG.

I'm OK with that in some respects. Dallas can't hold on to the hot hand they have too much longer.

D-Rod
01-15-2010, 07:25 AM
AFC North and NFC West I believe:
Home: Atlanta, Carolina, Tampa Bay, St. Louis, Seattle, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Minnesota
Away: Atlanta, Carolina, Tampa Bay, Arizona, San Francisco, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Dallas
Id say we go 7-1 @ home and 3-5 away for a 10-6 record and a playoff birth in my crazy early season prediction

Wow, that's a tough, tough away sked. Only one patsy there (TB; I'm assuming the Panthers regroup). Probably a decent prediction.

I'd expect the Saints, Panthers, and Falcons all to end up between 9-7 and 11-5. It will be a tighter race than this year, I think.

I won't wish you a good postseason, but I will wish you a healthy one...

nofalcons10
01-15-2010, 07:55 AM
Cowboys? The same Cowboys team that has been on fire for the month of December and kicked our butts in the Dome in week 14?

the same cowboys that beat us without

sed ellis
randal ***
jabari greer
jeremy shockey
reggie bush

yeah, those cowboys that barely beat us by 7 points and only managed to score 24 pts against a banged up defense and who took complete advantage that our top blocking tightend missing the game while sacking brees 4 times and who took advantage of a rookie starting at corner..

i'd much rather play the cowboys #14 scoring offense than the vikings #2 scoring offense.

diabsoule
01-15-2010, 11:41 AM
The Saints have signed RB Deuce McAllister
http://www.wwl.com/Deuce-is-back-/6127432

SaintsFanForLife
01-15-2010, 12:11 PM

The Dome will be really rocking now. If he gets a TD it might blow the roof off.

The 12th man will be a big key to our win.

terribletowel39
01-15-2010, 02:58 PM
An older lady (read 60+) that I work with just came over to my desk saying, "I've got some good news." I said, "What is it??" "We just signed Duke back.", she replied. "Who is Duke??", I said back. She then said, "You know, McMaster." haha I said, "Oh you mean Deuce McAllister??"

"Oh!! What did I say??"
"You said Duke. Like, Ellington."
"Haha, oh you know who I meant."
"I wonder why they signed him back, is Thomas or Bell hurt??"
"Oh, don't go that deep, you know I don't know THAT much."

So my question stands. What is with the signing?

saintsfan912
01-15-2010, 03:24 PM
I think it's more of end zone threat since on goal line situations Bell, Thomas or Bush can't seem to find their way in. Deuce knows what the hell he's doing, and he was one of the best in his prime. Definitely love it. If anything, he's an awesome locker room/sideline presence.

And yes, if he scores or does anything at all positive, the roof will blow off the dome.

diabsoule
01-15-2010, 03:30 PM
From what I heard it's just for ceremony. He's going to lead the team out onto the field and dress so he can be on the sideline but he won't play.

Heard this through WWL.

NOLAFan
01-15-2010, 05:49 PM
From what I heard it's just for ceremony. He's going to lead the team out onto the field and dress so he can be on the sideline but he won't play.

Heard this through WWL.

eh idk what i think about that. Sounds hokey

CJSchneider
01-16-2010, 12:15 PM

Heard this through WWL.

Yeah, this is so Deuce can get a ring when we win the Super Bowl.

Sveen
01-16-2010, 05:10 PM
Can anyone tell my what the song is called they play at the Superdome during commercials? They play it and show people in the stands on the screen.

saintsfan912
01-16-2010, 10:08 PM
Black and Gold by K Gates.

saintsfan912
01-17-2010, 11:10 AM
So anyone still think we should get rid of Reggie?

zachsaints52
01-17-2010, 02:34 PM
So anyone still think we should get rid of Reggie?

Not get rid of, but definately take a pay cut

Sveen
01-17-2010, 03:10 PM
I'm starting to think he might get another year to prove what he can do. At least if he continue to play like he did against the Cardinals.

Flyboy
01-17-2010, 03:15 PM
Sveen is back! Just in time!

TitleTown088
01-17-2010, 03:30 PM
Please please please please win next week,ok?

Flyboy
01-17-2010, 04:02 PM
I seriously hope we do. Good to have you cheering for us, Title.

CJSchneider
01-17-2010, 04:10 PM
Sveen is back! Just in time!

Just in time to celebrate the Cowboys lose.

Please please please please win next week,ok?

I swear, I am doing all I possibly can about this. I don't want to say too much due to legal issues, but take my word for it.

wicket
01-17-2010, 04:18 PM
Just in time to celebrate the Cowboys lose.

I swear, I am doing all I possibly can about this. I don't want to say too much due to legal issues, but take my word for it.

Make it happen baby, wanna see my saints play in miami. WHO DAT!!!

TitleTown088
01-17-2010, 04:19 PM

http://www.celebrity9.com/img/tonya-harding/tonya-harding.jpg

?

wicket
01-17-2010, 04:25 PM
tries to hire:
http://images.rca.org/images/perspectives/2006/JackBauer.jpg

to do the right things to
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2008/1026/nfl_u_dfavre_200.jpg

diabsoule
01-19-2010, 03:50 PM
Deuce McAllister retiring
http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20100119/SPORTS/100119025/1287/sports/McAllister-to-announce-retirement-from-NFL

Darksider
01-20-2010, 11:05 AM
Arrington signed to Active Roster. Favorite signed to PS.

http://twitter.com/jeffduncantp

NOLAFan
01-20-2010, 11:34 AM
Arrington signed to Active Roster. Favorite signed to PS.

http://twitter.com/jeffduncantp

i think the Arrington signing is because Meachem tweaked his ankle against the Cardinals and is doubtful for Sunday

zachsaints52
01-20-2010, 02:05 PM

You work for the Saints?

CJSchneider
01-20-2010, 09:41 PM
You work for the Saints?

No, but I have a cousin who knows a guy.

zachsaints52
01-20-2010, 10:55 PM
No, but I have a cousin who knows a guy.

Haha wow. Thats cool though keep us informed!

zachsaints52
01-23-2010, 12:02 AM
NOFALCONS,
Im tired of seeing you talk about getting a TE or a WR in the first roud, especially when they are reaches worse then what you "think" the DT and OLB picks are. Denario Alexander... Wow he is 6-5 but we already have a Red Zone target right now with Colston. Speed guy? Meachem and Henderson. Lance Moore is a FA but we will resign him because he was hut more this past year. So where does Alexander fit? And everything I see about him says late second early 3rd. McCoy? How does McCoy bring what Jeremy Shockey brings? The dude had 22 catches all season. Thats in 13 games. 3 games he didn't even have a catch. And the scouting report I see says he isn't a good blocker either. And finally the third guy you always talk about, Gronkowski. This is the only one of the three I would have even thought about going after. But guess what? The thing your crying and complaining about Bush and Shockey, injury, guess what? He didn't even play last year! So get a clue about stuff, unless your Todd McShay in hiding dont try and say we need something we don't.

wicket
01-23-2010, 03:29 AM
Deuce McAllister retiring
http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20100119/SPORTS/100119025/1287/sports/McAllister-to-announce-retirement-from-NFL

so he just wanted to retire as a saint i guess

nofalcons10
01-23-2010, 07:58 AM
NOFALCONS,
Im tired of seeing you talk about getting a TE or a WR in the first roud, especially when they are reaches worse then what you "think" the DT and OLB picks are. Denario Alexander... Wow he is 6-5 but we already have a Red Zone target right now with Colston. Speed guy? Meachem and Henderson. Lance Moore is a FA but we will resign him because he was hut more this past year. So where does Alexander fit? And everything I see about him says late second early 3rd. McCoy? How does McCoy bring what Jeremy Shockey brings? The dude had 22 catches all season. Thats in 13 games. 3 games he didn't even have a catch. And the scouting report I see says he isn't a good blocker either. And finally the third guy you always talk about, Gronkowski. This is the only one of the three I would have even thought about going after. But guess what? The thing your crying and complaining about Bush and Shockey, injury, guess what? He didn't even play last year! So get a clue about stuff, unless your Todd McShay in hiding dont try and say we need something we don't.

colston is the #1 receiver on this team and has been for 4 years. 2 marques colstons = better than 1.

shockey is one of the best all-around tightends in the nfl.

2 jeremy shockeys = better than 1.

Lance moore can be upgraded anyway because even when he was in the games early in the season meachem would see the field more than he would because he lacks size and can't run block as well as the others.

you make a very poor point about mccoy and gronkowski. antonio gates didn't even play tightend since high school before the chargers found him. it only matters that he has the talent to play the position when healthy.

the saints took a risk signing drew brees after his injury in 2006 and it was the best move that we ever made as an organization. if he were healthy he would never have signed here. hell, i doubt that he would've signed here if miami would've even really made an effort and showed more interest than they did in him rather than daunte cullpepper. we got lucky that a top 3 QB talent was lacking in suitors because of his injury.

gronkowski and gresham are top 15 talents in the draft. I would love to see us get lucky again.

nofalcons10
01-23-2010, 08:05 AM
I also recognize the need at DT more than you are willing to admitt. ayodele and hargrove suck and clancy is old, injury prone and isn't the best lateral player at NT anyway.

players like terrance cody, Linval joseph, Demarcus granger, torrell troupe, and al woods are the type of athletes that we need there.

when you can collapse the pocket in the middle of the field or stonewall the run there at DT. it is a great advantage to the defense because it helps Dictate the style of play of the opposing offense and makes them predictable.

you really misjudge me unfairly.

i am all for defense as long as the right player is there and as long as we dont reach for a need.

a dream of mine would actually be to get

1) terrrance cody http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgCHChIT57M
2)linval joseph http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu9sFXqtPUk
3)jerome murphy
4)george selvie

i would like to try a two NT defensive line like the ravens had in 2000 or like the saints had in 2002. if we moved toward a defense like the heavy lunch bunch in 2002 i think that it could really be successful this time because we have better overall defensive talent at linebacker and in the secondary. in 2002 we were getting beat on the edges and not right up the gut.

wicket
01-23-2010, 08:56 AM
colston is the #1 receiver on this team and has been for 4 years. 2 marques colstons = better than 1.
But the difference a second MC would make is so small its hardly worth persueing
shockey is one of the best all-around tightends in the nfl.

Saints barely run twin TE sets

Lance moore can be upgraded anyway because even when he was in the games early in the season meachem would see the field more than he would because he lacks size and can't run block as well as the others.
Lance Moore is an excellent #2 receiver, but here you are actually making an argument to not draft wideouts in this draft, the depth with colston, moore, maechem and henderson is the best in the league

you make a very poor point about mccoy and gronkowski. antonio gates didn't even play tightend since high school before the chargers found him. it only matters that he has the talent to play the position when healthy.
notsureifserious

the saints took a risk signing drew brees after his injury in 2006 and it was the best move that we ever made as an organization. if he were healthy he would never have signed here. hell, i doubt that he would've signed here if miami would've even really made an effort and showed more interest than they did in him rather than daunte cullpepper. we got lucky that a top 3 QB talent was lacking in suitors because of his injury.
Yeah you have to take risks when a team is down, when on top you make sure you build steady to stay on top.

gronkowski and gresham are top 15 talents in the draft. I would love to see us get lucky again.
Gresham MIGHT be when he didnt have injury troubles, never sure how someone gets back from that sort of injury, Gronkowski is nowhere near a top15 talent, even disregarding injuries. ATM picking him with the saints second rounder is more of a reach than a steal, even disregarding the total lack of need

I also recognize the need at DT more than you are willing to admitt. ayodele and hargrove suck and clancy is old, injury prone and isn't the best lateral player at NT anyway.

players like terrance cody, Linval joseph, Demarcus granger, torrell troupe, and al woods are the type of athletes that we need there.
funny how you name a few pure 3-4 NT, Cody isnt that good a fit at all

when you can collapse the pocket in the middle of the field or stonewall the run there at DT. it is a great advantage to the defense because it helps Dictate the style of play of the opposing offense and makes them predictable.
so DT is a need

you really misjudge me unfairly.

i am all for defense as long as the right player is there and as long as we dont reach for a need.

a dream of mine would actually be to get

1) terrrance cody http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgCHChIT57M
Not the best fit, wouldnt be great value either
2)linval joseph http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu9sFXqtPUk
Better fit but would be a huge reach at this point, to many needs to draft two DT's Ill respond to your bit about that later on
3)jerome murphy
No need+ another tweener = bad pick
4)george selvie
3-4 olb all the way, woulndt have a clue how he would even make the saints roster

i would like to try a two NT defensive line like the ravens had in 2000 or like the saints had in 2002.
Both teams ran a completely different system, maybe when there would be less other needs if we moved toward a defense like the heavy lunch bunch in 2002 i think that it could really be successful this time because we have better overall defensive talent at linebackeryou for real, Vilma is a good player and all but shanle and fujita cant be much better than what was running around at that time and in the secondary. in 2002 we were getting beat on the edges and not right up the gut.

please just stop it, your just annoying everybody

zachsaints52
01-23-2010, 10:06 AM
please just stop it, your just annoying everybody

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to wicket again.

zachsaints52
01-23-2010, 10:20 AM
1.colston is the #1 receiver on this team and has been for 4 years. 2 marques colstons = better than 1.

2.shockey is one of the best all-around tightends in the nfl.

3.Lance moore can be upgraded anyway because even when he was in the games early in the season meachem would see the field more than he would because he lacks size and can't run block as well as the others.

4.you make a very poor point about mccoy and gronkowski. antonio gates didn't even play tightend since high school before the chargers found him. it only matters that he has the talent to play the position when healthy.

5.the saints took a risk signing drew brees after his injury in 2006 and it was the best move that we ever made as an organization. if he were healthy he would never have signed here. hell, i doubt that he would've signed here if miami would've even really made an effort and showed more interest than they did in him rather than daunte cullpepper. we got lucky that a top 3 QB talent was lacking in suitors because of his injury.

6.gronkowski and gresham are top 15 talents in the draft. I would love to see us get lucky again.

7.I also recognize the need at DT more than you are willing to admitt. ayodele and hargrove suck and clancy is old, injury prone and isn't the best lateral player at NT anyway.

8.you really misjudge me unfairly.

9.i am all for defense as long as the right player is there and as long as we dont reach for a need.

10.i would like to try a two NT defensive line like the ravens had in 2000 or like the saints had in 2002. if we moved toward a defense like the heavy lunch bunch in 2002 i think that it could really be successful this time because we have better overall defensive talent at linebacker and in the secondary. in 2002 we were getting beat on the edges and not right up the gut.

1.If we have two MC on the field (i.e. slow with good hands) our offense wouldn't be as effective. Henderson on the outside and Meachem on the inside is the reason we get Colston plays anyways. Still didn't prove to me Alexander is a first round pick.

2.....That still doesn't give me any reason why either of them COULD be Shockey type.

3.Yeah we try to utilize him in the slot more i.e. Welker. And he was pretty much derailed the whole year by injuries.

4.Again, McCoy hasn't shown the talent. And Gronkowski... He did good but he was injured all year.

5.Yeah, he also has been a proven talent in the NFL.

6.You gave no reason again why they are. Quit watching youtube highlights and look more at their overall body of work.

7.Ummm look at my post. I said we should get a OLB more then a DT. DT is second on my list. In the mock drafts if someone has us with a DT I always tell them good pick. Research your info. I said if we can get a OLB before a DT, I can live with Oydele and Pressley.

8.How am I misjudging you unfairly when your saying this stuff and giving youtube refrences? You think someone will be like, "ill put all my decent plays on there to show the world."

9.If its a need, you reach for it. Especially since your saying we reach for a 3rd string TE or a 4th WR

10.Yeah, we sucked in 2002, and just by saying that you contraditct earlier about "collapsing the pocket. If we have no DT pass ruch (since NT rarely do), how does that help us out?

wicket
01-23-2010, 11:35 AM
Ive developed a new appreciation for the ignore user function, just sayin

nofalcons10
01-23-2010, 11:49 AM
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38182

nofalcons10
01-23-2010, 12:09 PM
1.If we have two MC on the field (i.e. slow with good hands) our offense wouldn't be as effective. Henderson on the outside and Meachem on the inside is the reason we get Colston plays anyways. Still didn't prove to me Alexander is a first round pick.
not necessarily. the broncos used to do a great job with ed mcCaffrey and Rod smith who were not burners. at times the broncos averaged 400ypg just like we do.

2.....That still doesn't give me any reason why either of them COULD be Shockey type.
we may just have to agree to disagree then because i remember shockey at miami and i've seen all of the tightends that i constantly talk about play and have analyzed their game but in the end, what we think is subjective.

you may view miller and thomas as complete tightends. great. more power to you. I'm just not going to grant that.

3.Yeah we try to utilize him in the slot more i.e. Welker. And he was pretty much derailed the whole year by injuries.

yeah and when he was in he barley saw the field because meachem is a better run-blocker.

4.Again, McCoy hasn't shown the talent. And Gronkowski... He did good but he was injured all year.

i don't know what McCoy you are watching but compared to pettigrew from last year. I see just about the same player and he can run routes like crumpler.

5.Yeah, he also has been a proven talent in the NFL.

talent is talent. draft is about projections anyway.

6.You gave no reason again why they are. Quit watching youtube highlights and look more at their overall body of work.

i've stated thousands of times how highlyi think of their blocking and receiving skills.

7.Ummm look at my post. I said we should get a OLB more then a DT. DT is second on my list. In the mock drafts if someone has us with a DT I always tell them good pick. Research your info. I said if we can get a OLB before a DT, I can live with Oydele and Pressley.

this may get you green cubes here but argue pressley and ayodele at SR. and you will get laughed out of the forum.

what great job have they done???? we are surrendering 6.7 yards per carry in the playoffs and 4.5 during the season. the only reason that we have survived this long is because our offense scores so much.

8.How am I misjudging you unfairly when your saying this stuff and giving youtube refrences? You think someone will be like, "ill put all my decent plays on there to show the world."

the saints didn't think brian cushing or derrick brooks could take jobs from our linebackers. that should tell you something.

9.If its a need, you reach for it. Especially since your saying we reach for a 3rd string TE or a 4th WR

no.

not in every situation. in 2008 we did not have to trade up for ellis. we could've worked out a trade for shaun rodgers which i supported but we didn't.

rogers is one of the best NT's in the league and his contract was less than ellis'.

10.Yeah, we sucked in 2002, and just by saying that you contraditct earlier about "collapsing the pocket. If we have no DT pass ruch (since NT rarely do), how does that help us out?

rare, yes.

but some NT's do. tony siragusa did. grady jackson, keith traylor, john henderson do.

linval joseph has 14 pressures this year but also has kevin williams' size and i think that he and cody would be a very good combination.

Darksider
01-23-2010, 12:21 PM
Ellis/Hargrove are my two starting DT's next year. If we draft one it's for depth.

We don't NEED a DT. We could go CB/TE/OLB/OT/DE.

We finally don't have a NEED, just a NEED of depth.

zachsaints52
01-23-2010, 12:29 PM
1. not necessarily. the broncos used to do a great job with ed mcCaffrey and Rod smith who were not burners. at times the broncos averaged 400ypg just like we do.

Your talking about a team that had Terell Davis and which had teams worried more about a future HOF RB then WR's.

we may just have to agree to disagree then because i remember shockey at miami and i've seen all of the tightends that i constantly talk about play and have analyzed their game but in the end, what we think is subjective.

you may view miller and thomas as complete tightends. great. more power to you. I'm just not going to grant that.

I never said they were "complete" But I am saying and always have is Id rather have Shockey and Thomas rather then Shanle/Fujita and someone else. Our OLB's aren't that good. If you agree to it, then you sir are crazy.

3.yeah and when he was in he barley saw the field because meachem is a better run-blocker.

Yeah and he started out the whole year with a shoulder injury, and he isn't eant to be in for run blocking. Thats like putting bush in slot and doing a sweep. You put players in positions to maximize their abilities.

4. i don't know what McCoy you are watching but compared to pettigrew from last year. I see just about the same player and he can run routes like crumpler.

I dont know what McCoy you saw but catching 23 passes in 13 games doesn't show me shockey.

5. talent is talent. draft is about projections anyway.
Yeah but when you project someone "Top 15" and they haven't shown it then your projections arent that great.

6.i've stated thousands of times how highlyi think of their blocking and receiving skills.

I can say all I want about how Reggie Bush is a complete back just because the last game. But we all know its not true, kind like with your statements. just because you say something, doesnt mean its true. find me some scouting reports of the players that actually show what your saying, because as of right now your going on your word and youtube.

7. this may get you green cubes here but argue pressley and ayodele at SR. and you will get laughed out of the forum.

what great job have they done???? we are surrendering 6.7 yards per carry in the playoffs and 4.5 during the season. the only reason that we have survived this long is because our offense scores so much.

6.7 yards in the playoffs. Did you even watch the game? Those stats are inflated because of Hightowers one run. besides that how well did they run it? Check the stats and get back to me.

8. the saints didn't think brian cushing or derrick brooks could take jobs from our linebackers. that should tell you something.

Uh no the Saints CB's sucked horrible last year, we had greer *** and porter and porter was coming off an injury, so why not get a CB who can spot start?

9.no.
not in every situation. in 2008 we did not have to trade up for ellis. we could've worked out a trade for shaun rodgers which i supported but we didn't.

We did have to get Ellis, because our DTs weren't that good anyways, which you agree with too. And Shaun Rogers is known for his poor work ethic, everyone knows that. Hence the reason he rarely played 3 straight downs.

10.rare, yes.
but some NT's do. tony siragusa did. grady jackson, keith traylor, john henderson do.
linval joseph has 14 pressures this year but also has kevin williams' size and i think that he and cody would be a very good combination.

So lets go after him in the second, I have no objections to that at all. Finally we agree on something.

zachsaints52
01-23-2010, 12:31 PM
Ellis/Hargrove are my two starting DT's next year. If we draft one it's for depth.

But we don't NEED to go with a TE/WR in the First! Thats all we are trying to tell him! Our OLBs are old and not very good. Get the smart choice instead of a player that'll barely play.

nofalcons10
01-23-2010, 12:35 PM

do you know that hargrove weighs less than l'roi glover and that remi ayodele is the 2009 version of martin chase?

i would argue that DT is our only NEED because we don't really have a starter there besides ellis..

what the others and i are arguing about is luxury picks like TE, C, and backup outside linebacker.

zachsaints52
01-23-2010, 12:39 PM
what the others and i are arguing about is luxury picks like 3rd string TE, C which we want in the 2nd or 3rd round, and linebacker who can do better then Fujita.

Fixed it for you

nofalcons10
01-23-2010, 12:39 PM
But we don't NEED to go with a TE/WR in the First! Thats all we are trying to tell him! Our OLBs are old and not very good. Get the smart choice instead of a player that'll barely play.

i'll be back later to respond more but what makes you think that williams will want weatherspoon more than cushing, malaluga, clay mathews or connor barwin? or derrick brooks for that matter?

you do know that cleveland traded back 3 times last year but we wanted malcolm jenkins so bad that we didn't even try to trade down to take a combo like sean smith and clay matthews to try to pick up an extra second rounder or third to take another linebacker.

i actually wanted a linebacker early last year too, but williams just doesn't agree with us.

nofalcons10
01-25-2010, 04:27 AM
[QUOTE]Your talking about a team that had Terell Davis and which had teams worried more about a future HOF RB then WR's.

no, actually im talking about the brian griese teams with mike anderson at running back. the year we made the playoffs under haslett they were the #2 offense in the league at the point that they played us and were averaging 400+yards a game.

in 2000 both mccaffrey and smith had 100 receptions.

I never said they were "complete" But I am saying and always have is Id rather have Shockey and Thomas rather then Shanle/Fujita and someone else. Our OLB's aren't that good. If you agree to it, then you sir are crazy.

look at the vikings linebackers. you really think that leber, greenway and brinkley were better than what we have or do you think that it is the williams wall that makes their defense what it is?

3)Yeah and he started out the whole year with a shoulder injury, and he isn't eant to be in for run blocking. Thats like putting bush in slot and doing a sweep. You put players in positions to maximize their abilities.

the point is that you never have to take colston or a wideout like danario alexander out of the game because of such shortcomings. you can run a sweep with colston and meachem.

4) I dont know what McCoy you saw but catching 23 passes in 13 games doesn't show me shockey.

shockey played with ken doresy who won a college championship. McCoy played with Matt barkley who was a true freshman.

Yeah but when you project someone "Top 15" and they haven't shown it then your projections arent that great.
which person? gresham and Danario alexander i have rated as top 15. gronkowski top 20-25. mcCoy top 25.

gresham and alexander have been arguably the best at their positions when healthy.

I can say all I want about how Reggie Bush is a complete back just because the last game. But we all know its not true, kind like with your statements. just because you say something, doesnt mean its true. find me some scouting reports of the players that actually show what your saying, because as of right now your going on your word and youtube.

Cody, gresham and alexander have plenty of feathers in their caps of being the best at what they do and having top notch talent.

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2010-nfl-draft/jermaine-gresham.html

cody just can't be moved backward and that is plain for anyone to see
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgCHChIT57M

and alexander is an incredible athlete that led the NCAA in receiving yards, has a 46-inch vertical, breakaway speed, great size and is highly regarded by many scouts such as Gil brandt (ex-cowboys personnel exec.).

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/mizzou/story/1C929BDE313B2B928625769C000B91C2?OpenDocument

6.7 yards in the playoffs. Did you even watch the game? Those stats are inflated because of Hightowers one run. besides that how well did they run it? Check the stats and get back to me.

um-hummmmmm. adrian peterson 122 yards and 3 touchdowns. you were saying????

inflate this:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8140a7ea

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d814358aa

http://www.nfl.com/videos/atlanta-falcons/09000d5d813ea30c/WK-8-Michael-Turner-highlights

http://www.nfl.com/videos/tampa-bay-buccaneers/09000d5d8154a8c5/WK-16-Cadillac-Williams-highlights

barber through hargrove gap like he's not even there
http://www.nfl.com/videos/dallas-cowboys/09000d5d81516a05/Marion-Barber-TD

IN ANY CLOSE GAME AGAINST A GOOD RUSHING TEAM WE TEND TO GIVE UP 130 YARDS +.

when you have a gigantic NT like cody or norman hand the linebackers can flex outside more and don't have to be as concerned with supporting the inside run.

kris jenkins and pat williams do a great job of holding ground and helping their teams stop the run with only 4-5 and keeping the outside linebacks from having to lose outside contain by collapsing inside.

Uh no the Saints CB's sucked horrible last year, we had greer *** and porter and porter was coming off an injury, so why not get a CB who can spot start?

that still doesn't explain why we did not even attempt to trade down for others such as sean smith or vontae davis from #14.

we could've picked up an extra second rounder and selected connor barwin who was the most athletic linebacker in the draft with the extra pick and STILL had our first left around to select davis or smith. but, again... no, we didn't. WE didn't even try.

i really liked barwin and malaluga myself in the second round.

9.no.
We did have to get Ellis, because our DTs weren't that good anyways, which you agree with too. And Shaun Rogers is known for his poor work ethic, everyone knows that. Hence the reason he rarely played 3 straight downs.

shaun rodgers was a two-time probowler and was coming off of a 7-sack year. i would still give any defensive tackle that we have for shaun rodgers.

the only tackle that we have that DOES play 3 straight downs is ellis. Hargrove and clancy rotate in and out. if we had taken rodgers we would've saved money and saved picks and also would've been left with the pick to take DRC or trade back and acquire even more picks.

So lets go after him in the second, I have no objections to that at all. Finally we agree on something.

glad that you are finally beginning to see the light.

nofalcons10
01-25-2010, 04:29 AM
Fixed it for you

notice the bang-up job that meachem and moore did at #2 receiver against the vikings and jets.

and did you also notice how great David thomas did at blocking against the vikings?

wasn't it incredible?

yourfavestoner
01-25-2010, 10:57 AM
You guys better ******* win.

zachsaints52
01-25-2010, 04:47 PM
Haha we hope so man :)

saintsfan912
01-25-2010, 07:36 PM
I find it hilarious that Vikings fans are whining and complaining about the officiating. Did they not see the 2 garbage unsportsmanlike conduct penalties on 3rd downs in the first half that kept scoring drives alive for Minny? Guess not.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
01-25-2010, 07:38 PM
Saints-Broncos Super Bowl.

Hey I was half right! slightlyanostrodamus!

zachsaints52
01-25-2010, 10:14 PM
Hey I was half right! slightlyanostrodamus!

Haha slightly man.

chad72
02-04-2010, 09:26 AM
Belated Congrats to the Saints organization!!! You play my beloved Colts in the SB, hope your luck runs out!!!:)

I always felt that the reason the Saints organization is in this place is due to good free agency moves and good drafting. The Saints seem to be following in the same footsteps as the Patriots, Colts, and Steelers, get the pivotal QB and draft good character guys mostly to have talent on both sides of the ball. The character is important since immaturity in the form of bad penalties can play big differences in playoff games (just ask the Chargers in their 2006 loss to the Patriots and 2009 loss to the Jets despite all their talent).

We will see how the SB goes. I still believe firmly that the playoffs are all about matchups and whichever team exploits their matchups this weekend best is the one that is going to win. Both the Colts and Saints know the importance of 60 min. games and I would not be surprised if the margin of victory is a TD or less and the game not decided till the last minute.

Here is to a good game with no major injuries to either team!!! No matter who wins, I think both teams have had a very good season and with their QBs being solid as ever, neither team would probably have to worry about a SB loser curse with the core being strong.:)

zachsaints52
02-04-2010, 10:54 AM
Belated Congrats to the Saints organization!!! You play my beloved Colts in the SB, hope your luck runs out!!!:)

I always felt that the reason the Saints organization is in this place is due to good free agency moves and good drafting. The Saints seem to be following in the same footsteps as the Patriots, Colts, and Steelers, get the pivotal QB and draft good character guys mostly to have talent on both sides of the ball. The character is important since immaturity in the form of bad penalties can play big differences in playoff games (just ask the Chargers in their 2006 loss to the Patriots and 2009 loss to the Jets despite all their talent).

We will see how the SB goes. I still believe firmly that the playoffs are all about matchups and whichever team exploits their matchups this weekend best is the one that is going to win. Both the Colts and Saints know the importance of 60 min. games and I would not be surprised if the margin of victory is a TD or less and the game not decided till the last minute.

Here is to a good game with no major injuries to either team!!! No matter who wins, I think both teams have had a very good season and with their QBs being solid as ever, neither team would probably have to worry about a SB loser curse with the core being strong.:)

Very well said, and I also hope for a injury free game with alot of excitement, but with the Saints coming out at the end.

zachsaints52
02-04-2010, 08:55 PM
Why does my stuff get deleted? I started a debate?

diabsoule
02-04-2010, 11:06 PM

Because you're instigating. Starting a thread just to call someone out is not tolerated.

nofalcons10
02-05-2010, 07:23 AM

basically what i said was that i think that we need

2 DTs, 1 TE, 1 WR, 1 LB.

we don't have to take a TE or a WR in the first Two rounds but i do think that we need more help there than you are willing to admit.

we are in the superbowl and only have two glaring needs on the team and they are: #2 DT and #3 DT. i don't see how anyone can look at how hargrove (270lbs), ayodele (who plays like he's 250), and pressley (who nobody thought good enough to steal from our PS) and say that we aren't getting totally blown off of the ball at the LOS in the middle.

how many demoralizing runs up the gut will it take to realize that we need a presence in the middle at Nose tackle. IF terrence cody is there at 32 we cannot pass on him for some linebacker Unless it's a ridiculous value like sergio kindle.

I even like Daryl washington very much but it think that Rennie curran would be an excellent pickup in the 3rd. he is 5'11 235 so i don't see him going any higher than the second and he may even fall to the 4th if you look at Stanley arnoux's slide last year. Thaddeus gibson is also very good in space and is a pretty good pass-rusher. again, a 3rd round possibility.

My ideal draft now that i've had time to break down more prospects would look something like this:

1) terrence cody--people say that he may eat himself out of the league in 5 years but the saints window of opportunity is now. we can't concern ourselves with 2016. our focus has to be 2010-2012 and the kid never missed a game at alabama because of his weight issues. Aaron gibson was a Guard and was asked to play all 3 Downs. cody will only be asked to play two.

2)Vince oghobaase--his upper-body reminds me of warren sapp but has very long legs like Kevin williams. he is better against the run than jared odrick because he gets better extension against guards to the inside. he even has a nice swim move to get past guards to the QB. he had 6 sacks a year ago and if cody is gone we might even look at him in the first.

3)Rennie Curran--a stanley arnoux clone that will give you lots of tackles and is as good as fujita in coverage and is very good at changing directions.

4)Jimmy Graham--This kid is a very raw route runner but would be a very good prospect to groom behind shockey. he could assume blocking duties at 6'6 260 until he learns how to fine tune his routes. he is fast, has long 35 inch arms (just like shockey) and 10 5/8in. hands.

http://media.miamiherald.com/smedia/2009/08/08/16/528-5739305.embedded.prod_affiliate.56.JPG

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3220/2726562786_221e1dd63c.jpg

he could eventually be as good as jeremy shockey or the TE's that i like in the first round.

6) Joe webb--He's not danario alexander but i like what i saw from the kid at the senior bowl. has colston size and speed, long arms and decent routes. scouts really like him as a possesion guy. he's bigger than lance moore and could give drew a second colston-like target within the first 5-10 yards.

7)Demarcus Granger--was kicked off of team for stealing a jacket and missed all of 2009 because of injuries but he could be a Carl nicks or anthony hargrove type steal for us at back up NT to replace kendrick Clancy.

*** i didn't mention DE because if we replace hargrove at DT then he could very likely slide back out to end.

zachsaints52
02-05-2010, 08:04 AM
I don't see why we would draft 3 DTs in one draft and not address OT, because we won't sign Brown to the massive deal he wants. We will release Grant and resign bush.I don't mind Cody as our first pick, but I dont see how you can be against Weatherspoon. He makes plays all over, a very vocal leader, and if he falls to 32 itll be crazy not to get him. But I see us trading aroud anyhow. In the 2nd get a OLB because you'll see Fujita will be replaced this upcoming season, and we need someone to step in. Also I don't admit we need any help at WR or TE at all. We will have the same group but adding Thomas again. I wouldn't mind Grham in the 4th since he will have time to develop as an actual football player. Ad Diabs, I wasn't trying to "call him out" the last time, just trying to have an actual discussion.

saintsfan912
02-05-2010, 08:23 AM
A wr is probably gonna be a need in the late rounds or free agency. Lance Moore has no contract after this season and I highly doubt we resign him. It was obvious he wasn't needed this season.

nofalcons10
02-05-2010, 09:59 AM
I don't see why we would draft 3 DTs in one draft and not address OT, because we won't sign Brown to the massive deal he wants. We will release Grant and resign bush.I don't mind Cody as our first pick, but I dont see how you can be against Weatherspoon. He makes plays all over, a very vocal leader, and if he falls to 32 itll be crazy not to get him. But I see us trading aroud anyhow. In the 2nd get a OLB because you'll see Fujita will be replaced this upcoming season, and we need someone to step in. Also I don't admit we need any help at WR or TE at all. We will have the same group but adding Thomas again. I wouldn't mind Grham in the 4th since he will have time to develop as an actual football player. Ad Diabs, I wasn't trying to "call him out" the last time, just trying to have an actual discussion.

i'll give you 3 reasons to draft 3 DT's

vince oghobaase------anthonly hargrove is only 270lbs and is nearly 3 inches shorther and 40lbs lighter than oghobaase. oghobaase is nearly the size of kevin williams and plays alot like williams does too.

Terrance cody---remy ayodele gets man-handled by centers. re-watch the highlights from the bucs game to illustrate what i mean. he is very unathletic and is a pathetic slob who can't hold his ground. centers and guards continually get to the second-level against our linebackers because ayodele can't tie them up at the LOS.

Demarcus Granger----granger was as good as Dan williams is at tennesse and has just as much talent. IF any of our starters at DT gets injured again we would not have to use pressley (who is more of a 5-tech in a 3-4) or hargrove to slide back inside. it would allow us to have some of the best depth in the league at DT and even better effectiveness. we could even pair granger with cody on early downs like the coaches did with dan williams and cody in the senior bowl. kendrick clancy wasn't even the athlete that granger is.

also, can you imagine what it would cost to sign a free agent with the talent of Cody, oghobaase or granger? we aren't even allowed to sign free-agents until we lose one according to the CBA.

JB and bushrod are restricted free agents and no one was interested in streif last year anyway. we re-signed streif to a 1-year 1.5 mil deal last year. we'll likely lock him up again. we don't have to worry about losing JB or bushrod until 2011 and by then he'll be older and will come at a much lower price.

bush isn't a free-agent. he is just due a really large extension that would tie us up alot cap-wise. word is drew brees is negotiating a new deal so that might ease the strain of the $8 mil option that bush is due at the end of the season.

i don't know exactly how much film that you've watch of weatherspoon but i've seen enough to realize that he is not as fast as you and many others here may think.

rey malaluga ran a 4.81 at the combine.

john beason ran a 4.72.

james laurenitis ran a 4.8

lance briggs ran a 4.75

after he times slow at the combine he is going to fall on alot of boards. from top 20 into the 25 to early second round picks. before it's all said and done i see him moving to middle linebacker in the pros. if he stays outside he could develop into a lance-brigg/beason type player.

we re-signed fujita for cheap a couple of years ago and we'll resign him even cheaper now at age 31 and after an injury plagued season. we already have arnoux who can play middle or Sam because he covers very well. Cassilas was rated every bit as highly by scouts as bowman before he got injured but he still backs up shanle. he also played well enough that you didn't know that shanle was even missing in the bucs game.

look at the linebackers that williams has brought into his system the last few years. arnoux, cassilas, rocky mcintosh, are all smallish guys with alot of speed.

lance moore has 3 catches for 11 yards in the playoffs
only 14 catches for 153 yards on the season and 2 TDs.

lance moore didn't see the field because of our improvement in the running game. even when he is healthy he doesn't get in as much because meachem is a better run blocker.

we went from #28 in rushing in 2008 to #6 in rushing this year. a big part of that was due to the blocking of colston and meachem.

meachem = 30lbs heavier than moore
colson = 40lbs heavier than moore.

henderson doesn't come off of the field much because he is our best deep threat.

moore isn't a very good run blocker and he is not as fast as henderson. that's why he hasn't had numbers this year.

im not going to waste my time arguing about David thomas' lack of blocking skills anymore. just ask pats fans how good of a blocker he is. :)

bigbluedefense
02-08-2010, 09:50 AM
Congrats boys and girls. You guys earned it. Enjoy it, its a great feeling and something you'll never forget.

Make sure you enjoy the moment while its here. Its just a great feeling and it only comes around so often. I'm happy for you guys, you deserved it.

yourfavestoner
02-08-2010, 12:29 PM
Geaux Saints!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SuperMcGee
02-08-2010, 12:46 PM
Congrats for sure. Jabari for life!

zachsaints52
02-08-2010, 12:48 PM
Congrats for sure. Jabari for life!

He let me down, I thought he was gonna be the MVP :(. But we still won so who cares? :P

YAYareaRB
02-08-2010, 02:33 PM
Congratz guys. Thanks for letting me be an honorary fan for the week. GEAUX SAINTS

FlyingElvis
02-08-2010, 02:42 PM
Awesome game, congrats Saints fans!!

I hope you're all still celebrating.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r39/dmc27sinned/smiley/drunk_n_fall.gif

Bosanac01
02-08-2010, 10:51 PM
Yay next year you guys will be last in NFC SOUTH!!

diabsoule
02-08-2010, 10:53 PM
Congratz guys. Thanks for letting me be an honorary fan for the week. GEAUX SAINTS

No problem, man. You're welcome on the bandwagon any time.

Saints-Tigers
02-09-2010, 02:30 AM
Here are some of the more interesting topics we have going into the offseason, after an exciting year culminated with finally hoisting that trophy, It's time to see how we can improve the team for the future! Congrats guys, I love you!

1) Sedrick Ellis, and the "other" DT spot.

Sedrick Ellis has proven he is both powerful and athletic enough to handle either spot in our scheme, he can play the nose and he can be the penetrating UT.

When/if we address the DT spot, how should we approach it? Should we go BPA and fit Ellis to that guy? I think finding a huge NT ala a Pat Williams type would be best, and let Ellis be the UT, as he will be disruptive and still be one of the better run stuffing UT's in the league. What do you think?

2) The Backup QBs

Mark Brunell seems like a valuable presence on the team... as long as he doesn't play. Is Chase Daniels good enough to be that second guy on the depth chart that allows Brunell to function as basically another coach?

3) The Running backs

With Pierre Thomas and Mike Bell being FA's, and Bush being owed 8 million dollars, I don't think we are in a position to hang on to all 3 guys. It is looking more and more like Mike Bell is the odd man out, with his role steadily decreasing as the season went on and Thomas and Bush looking better and better, and also being able to fill the role of receiver and runner like the Saints love so much.

Pierre Thomas is a beast, and I'm hoping some team doesn't throw the house at him to steal him away.

Reggie Bush really ran stronger and stronger as the year went on, and I think he's finally turned the corner, he's a reliable runner that is churning out yards and moving the chains even without the big play, and he's protecting the ball better! He's turning into that player we knew he could, and health willing, he's only going to get better

I'd love to keep all 3, but I think Bell is the most easily replaceable, and Hamilton may already be able to fill that void.

What do you think will happen? What do you want to happen? Should we take a flier on someone like LeGarrette Blount late in the draft to fill that bruiser role?

4) What is our biggest need in the draft?

I personally think it is OLB, but could hear the argument for another DT(and these should probably be our top two picks, assuming some BPA guy drops that is too good to pass on)

A LB that can cover like Daryl Washington, or a Sean Weatherspoon could really take this D up a level, alleviating some of our weakness to TE's and backs in the flats. A run stuffing NT might make the whole team better.

I totally trust our scouting department and staff at this point, a big reason we are superbowl champs is the terrific drafting we've done thus far

Who do you like most at our draft spots(that is reasonable)?

5) What happens with Jammal Brown and Charles Grant?

We just lost our pro bowl LT and still won the title with a young guy from a small school!

I think getting Brown back would improve us immensely on the ground and passing the ball. We can leak the backs out more regularly and let Thomas and Bush carve up guys, and he's certainly a better run blocker than Bushrod, and our run blocking was so vastly improved this year, that it made me not even hate Stinchcomb and Goodwin anymore.

I'd love to have Charles Grant back for a smaller price, but that Bobby McCray signing looked much better after that, and Anthony Hargrove might be a star waiting to bloom, he just seems to flash so many good plays rushing the passer.

6) How awesome is this all?

Very awesome, I love it and I love you guys, I've never been this happy in my life. Granted I haven't had children or anything of that magnitude, but last night and today are the happiest I've ever been. I had the worst hangover in history and I was smiling as I puked thinking about how worth it was!

Can't wait for the victory parade tomorrow, should be one for the ages.

WHO DAT

zachsaints52
02-09-2010, 02:56 AM

Put Ellis in the position to let him be the biggest playmaker he can be, so yes get a run stuffer to put next to him.

2) The Backup QBs

Brunell holds the ball good! But seriously I don't think Daniel is the answer to our long term backup QB thing. I'd like to see us get someone in the draft who just needsto develop for a few seasons.

3) The Running backs

I hate to say it, but Pierre will get a big payday, I just hope we get a hometown discount. Bell will be able to resign cheap. Now Reggie is the main question. I am pretty sure we are gonna give up the big cash dead weight (Grant and to a lesser problem Bush) So it looks like either he takes a cut to stay in the offense that makes him what he is, or go to a place that'll pay him and he underperforms?

Look at my sig for my perfect Saints draft, thats after releasing Grant. We get Weatherspoon who will be a leader and will have the athleticism we haven't had in a starting OLB in awhile. Cody can be that run stuffer we was talking about. Goodwin didn't deserve to be a Pro Bowler, he just had the amazing OG combo in the NFL to help him out. Walton alongside Evans and Nicks would make me so happy, Also if Kris O Dowd next season from the 32nd pick ;)

Jamaal will get a HUGE payday, and I don't see us resigning him :/ Grant sorry but byebye!

Amazing feeling. Ive had it easy only being a fan since 2002 but hey, I am so happy for every Saints fan!

wicket
02-09-2010, 05:02 AM
Here are some of the more interesting topics we have going into the offseason, after an exciting year culminated with finally hoisting that trophy, It's time to see how we can improve the team for the future! Congrats guys, I love you!

I also second the bolded part ;)

Preferably id see him as a UT. This will give the saints an easy three man rotation of quality with hargrove, ellis and ?????? where other DT's can be spelled in occasionally and the DT's would suit every situation (hargrove+ellis on passing downs). However is a great player like price falls it is just to good to pass up. GW will imo find a way to scheme ellis+price together in a way it becomes epic.

2) The Backup QBs

Nobody knows if CD is good enough. You would think so though, cuz imo they wouldve looked elsewhere quicker

3) The Running backs

Just restructure bush, keep PT cruiser and promote Hamilton and Im more than happy. Bell faded away to the end of the season anyway.

In order
WLB (maybe weatherspoon, to early for bowman or darryl imo)
DT (price or D Williams maybe)
DE (Griffen, Hardy, Dunlap)
C (not worth considering in first two rounds imo)
(big gap)

The reason why i would like drafting a DEnd or DT in the first if weatherspoon doesnt fall to us is that there is usually great value to be gotten in second/third round linebackers.

I would love to resign Jammal but im not sure the money will allow it. The injury might have dropped his price to a reasonable level though. I would try and keep both Brown and Bushrod if I were Loomis. The Oline is good as it is and losing quality at LT is not the way to go with Brees at the helm. Resigning Jahri is even more paramount than Brown though.

Imo Grant is gone, I'd have cut him loose anyways but the injury was really the last nail in his coffin. Saints need someone opposite of big will or alongside Sed to make this a very/fairly good DLine. Id actually like griffen in the first (if spoon, dan williams and price are all off the board which I think will happen) because he would fit well and would even be quite suitable for the funky GW plays cuz he can actually run with a bunch of TEnds.

Really really awesome, made a few bucks out of it as welll ;). But seriously, to see them start mediocre and just get things fixed and play as hard as they did and as smart as they did made me a proud fan. This makes me even happier when you consider that there are still some pretty clear needs in this team.

Seriously, just consider my dreamdraft. If three of those guys work out (griffen, darryl and either Joseph or Ogho) the D could become almost dominant. We have had no production at all from Grant's side and almost all the sacks he had were coverage sacks. The Vikes pretty much exposed the limited talent of shanle (whom I love cuz he plays hard but he shouldnt be a starter) and added run stuffing is pretty evident.

Seriously combine one lucky draft/free agency with what we already have and this team could be a contender for the rest of Brees' career

WHO DAT

wicket
02-09-2010, 05:03 AM
No problem, man. You're welcome on the bandwagon any time.

you mean bandouagonne ;)

CJSchneider
02-09-2010, 05:56 AM

g5JTvvvFU2E&

chad72
02-09-2010, 03:05 PM

Unless the Saints can dramatically turn around their run D, I'd expect more run heavy packages from both the Falcons and Panthers to play ball control against Brees in the division. More than the Falcons, the Panthers (when their DTs are back and healthy) play good pass D and more than the Falcons, I expect the Panthers to give the Saints the run for their money the next year (assuming Matt Moore, who impressed me, stays as a game managing QB, which he did real well).

NOLAFan
02-09-2010, 03:39 PM
26 free agents...not good

diabsoule
02-09-2010, 05:17 PM
26 free agents...not good

Some are expendable but yeah, we have our work ahead of us. I'm pretty positive it won't be difficult to re-sign most of them, especially the key guys.

nofalcons10
02-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Unless the Saints can dramatically turn around their run D, I'd expect more run heavy packages from both the Falcons and Panthers to play ball control against Brees in the division. More than the Falcons, the Panthers (when their DTs are back and healthy) play good pass D and more than the Falcons, I expect the Panthers to give the Saints the run for their money the next year (assuming Matt Moore, who impressed me, stays as a game managing QB, which he did real well).

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/writers/cory_mccartney/01/02/sugar.bowl/t1_cody.jpg

nofalcons10
02-09-2010, 07:26 PM
the colts who had the worst rushing offense in the leauge just ran for 5.2 yards a carry against us mostlty rigth up the gut.

Dt is obviously our biggest concern. we need at least two other guys in there with sed.

terrence cody, terrence cody, terrence cody.

jammal brown aint goin nowhere because he is restricted and he is the best tackle in the division hands down. he'll get an extention next year as will evans.

zachsaints52
02-09-2010, 07:29 PM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/writers/cory_mccartney/01/02/sugar.bowl/t1_cody.jpg

Weatherspoon in 1st, him in the second= Jizz in my pants.

nofalcons10
02-09-2010, 07:37 PM
Weatherspoon in 1st, him in the second= Jizz in my pants.

even allan branch and gabe watson fell past 64 so who knows?

i wouldn't be as opposed to weatherspoon just as long as we picked up two DTS and a TE.

diabsoule
02-09-2010, 07:54 PM
I can see why someone would want Terrance Cody but as of right now he doesn't fit the Saints mold. We have never pursued a player in the first round under Payton and Loomis that has had a questionable work ethic and has been out of shape. (Although Meachem did show up to camp out of shape)

The two to three DTs I can see us pursuing if available would be Dan Williams, Jared Odrick, and Brian Price. Out of those three I think Williams fits our scheme best.

nofalcons10
02-09-2010, 08:20 PM
gregg williams does the grocery shopping for the defense. In 2003 he brought in Sam adams to fix his NT situation in buffalo.there is nothing questionable about terrence cody's work ethic. gabe watson and alan branch were streaky players whose dedication ran hot and cold. Cody has outstanding character and has an outstanding consistency on the field.

cody lost weight before the 2009 season to comply with saban's requests. he even played offense to help his team and do anything he could to contribute.

alot of people don't like him because he is overweight but he has never missed a game at alabama because of his weight and has been the most dominant run-stuffer on the college level for two years.

jared odrick is almost 100lbs lighter than cody, i cant see why a team suffering at nose tackle would go after him. Oghobaase would probably be a better candidate because he gets pressure and is closer to 315 as a 3-tech. oghobaase also seems to do better in pursuit of running plays laterally and at the point of attack from what i've seen.

williams isn't a bad pick because he did a good job at NT and holding his ground at the senior bowl.

price plays alot like pat williams because he is quick off of the ball and can penetrate and chase running plays.

the thing i like about cody is that because of his size, athleticism and long 34-inch arms (long reach) he is almost impossible for a center to move solo. if anyone cared to watch film of ayodele in the middle you would see that he is constantly getting man-handled by single-blocks from centers all of the time.

cody is the most sure-fire bet to drastically uplift our terrible interior run defense.

zachsaints52
02-09-2010, 11:02 PM
Thats why my dream draft is so perfect :)

superman8456
02-09-2010, 11:33 PM
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I dont think Cody will be around by the time your 2nd round pick comes along. He would have go by the likes of Buffalo, Pittsburgh, New York Jets, Dallas, and San Diego all twice with their only being two top notch NT's.

zachsaints52
02-09-2010, 11:43 PM
Yeahhhhh Stallworth is a FA! Lets get him!

FlyingElvis
02-10-2010, 12:02 PM
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I dont think Cody will be around by the time your 2nd round pick comes along. He would have go by the likes of Buffalo, Pittsburgh, New York Jets, Dallas, and San Diego all twice with their only being two top notch NT's.

The Pats have 3 2nd round picks and, assuming they franchise Wilfork, one pissed off big man they will need to replace. Don't be surprised to see his luscious man boobs filling out a Pats jersey.

MidwayMonster31
02-10-2010, 02:11 PM
Didn't the Pats draft Ron Brace last year to eventually replace Wilfork? Or is Brace going to play 5-technique?
As for the Saints, what about Cam Thomas or Torrell Troup in the 3rd round? I think either one can stop the run pretty well. Nose tackles might be tough to come by early in the draft, but they might be around in the mid-late rounds.

SaintsFanForLife
02-10-2010, 02:38 PM
If we get Sean Weatherspoon it will make my day. I just hope he is there at 32.

I love the fact we are picking 32nd. Home to be in the same place next year.

Geaux Saints.

diabsoule
02-24-2010, 09:49 AM
Didn't the Pats draft Ron Brace last year to eventually replace Wilfork? Or is Brace going to play 5-technique?
As for the Saints, what about Cam Thomas or Torrell Troup in the 3rd round? I think either one can stop the run pretty well. Nose tackles might be tough to come by early in the draft, but they might be around in the mid-late rounds.

If we can't draft Dan Williams in the first then I would love to get Cam Thomas in the 2nd or 3rd. I think he can really benefit our defense and I like the potential he flashes.

Who Dat Nation
04-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Add your favourite Saints Videos

J1a5PTWLurk

Sveen
04-05-2010, 04:15 AM
Sorry CJSchneider. Didn't see your question before now.

The trip went great! The atmosphere at the Superdome was amazing, obviously the ending weren't what I and everyone else in the building wanted, but it's still one of the coolest experiences I've had. The trip has made my girlfriend a big Saints fan too :)

Aside from football, the city and the people are very friendly. We felt very wanted all the time, from the employees at the airport, taxi drivers, hotel employees, waiters and everyone else we met during the week. It just amazes me how more friendly and service-minded people are in the U.S. compared with my country and other countries in Europe.

I don't know if there are any other non-Americans here, but a trip to New Orleans is recommended!

wicket
04-05-2010, 04:20 AM
Sorry CJSchneider. Didn't see your question before now.

The trip went great! The atmosphere at the Superdome was amazing, obviously the ending weren't what I and everyone else in the building wanted, but it's still one of the coolest experiences I've had. The trip has made my girlfriend a big Saints fan too :)

Aside from football, the city and the people are very friendly. We felt very wanted all the time, from the employees at the airport, taxi drivers, hotel employees, waiters and everyone else we met during the week. It just amazes me how more friendly and service-minded people are in the U.S. compared with my country and other countries in Europe.

I don't know if there are any other non-Americans here, but a trip to New Orleans is recommended!

Dutchie here and trying to go this fall

zachsaints52
04-05-2010, 07:54 AM
Party In The MIA

Sveen
04-06-2010, 09:46 AM
We stayed at the Astro Crown Plaza on Canal Street. Very nice and affordable hotel, and the people at the concierge were really helpful :)

Another tip. Don't buy a jersey at the Superdome. They don't have much assortment. Buy at the mall down by the river instead. I don't remember what it's called, but it's right next to the aquarium.

diabsoule
04-06-2010, 07:49 PM
We stayed at the Astro Crown Plaza on Canal Street. Very nice and affordable hotel, and the people at the concierge were really helpful :)

Another tip. Don't buy a jersey at the Superdome. They don't have much assortment. Buy at the mall down by the river instead. I don't remember what it's called, but it's right next to the aquarium.

It's called The Riverwalk.

And if you guys want I could probably meet up with you in New Orleans. We could see if we get some more Saints fans on here to meet in New Orleans and go have a few drinks and go see the city.

NOLAFan
04-15-2010, 11:04 AM
So next seasons schedule is out, whats everyones thoughts?

Saints-Tigers
04-15-2010, 05:08 PM
I would love Spoon at 32 more than anything, or even moving up to get him, but I really don't see it happening, and I think he's going higher than most expect.

zachsaints52
04-19-2010, 07:54 AM
Couple of days old, bu Jason LaConfra or whatever his name is on the NFLN said the Cowboys are looking for a draft day trade for Jamaal Brown, most notably their 2nd and something. Thoughts?

wicket
04-19-2010, 08:01 AM
Couple of days old, bu Jason LaConfra or whatever his name is on the NFLN said the Cowboys are looking for a draft day trade for Jamaal Brown, most notably their 2nd and something. Thoughts?

depends on the something, still would actually like to keep brown but if the value is right.
if it someone like marion barber its a big no for me but if they offer something nice defensive id take it in a heartbeat.

People keep saying saints need a running back but thats a big stack of bs to me

SaintsFanForLife
04-19-2010, 08:30 AM

A 2nd and a LB or DT would be nice. I still like Carpenter I think he would fit well in a 4-3.

zachsaints52
04-19-2010, 08:31 AM
depends on the something, still would actually like to keep brown but if the value is right.
if it someone like marion barber its a big no for me but if they offer something nice defensive id take it in a heartbeat.

People keep saying saints need a running back but thats a big stack of bs to me

I basically think the same thing, but I think we do somehow get another, because PT23 is only on a one year deal and Reggie is in his last year.... Kinda like how we did Darren Howard with the Manimal.

wicket
04-20-2010, 10:09 AM
Jimmy Wilkerson signed to a 1 year deal. Staff doesnt want to draft a DEnd high apparently

CJSchneider
04-20-2010, 11:26 AM
OK, so if DE isn't a draft issue and DT and LB still are, do you think they will take a RB, perhaps Gerhart in the 2nd and look at defense in the 1st and 3rd?

wicket
04-20-2010, 12:03 PM
OK, so if DE isn't a draft issue and DT and LB still are, do you think they will take a RB, perhaps Gerhart in the 2nd and look at defense in the 1st and 3rd?

I think they very well could, not in favour of it personally cuz I think its a good draft vor later round DEnds and the rotation is still very old but drafting a rb in the second or third could happen very well though and with the addition of another pass rusher it makes slightly more sense.

diabsoule
04-20-2010, 12:26 PM

That's what I have been thinking for a while now as you can tell from my first ideal mock which had Gerhart going to us. I think what we will do is tackle our two biggest needs with our first and second picks then in the 3rd go RB, especially if Gerhart is there, which I really think he could be.

One question I have, which more rhetorical than anything, is if we will draft two OLB's or just one? We have Stanley Arnoux that we drafted last year but he blew out his Achilles and I haven't heard anything about him since. He was a MLB when we drafted him but was projected towards the weakside.

wicket
04-20-2010, 12:53 PM
the problem is that a torn achilles tendon is something that is really tough to recover from

diabsoule
04-20-2010, 06:36 PM
Looks like we will be playing the Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day. I don't know about you guys but that makes me excited!

SaintsFanForLife
04-20-2010, 07:58 PM
Looks like we will be playing the Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day. I don't know about you guys but that makes me excited!

Im already planing a road trip...

zachsaints52
04-20-2010, 11:10 PM
If we got Norwood, Spoon, and Austin Lane in the draft......

Flyboy
04-21-2010, 01:55 AM

I'd feel very leary of trading a promising LT to a team in our conference that we could be facing in the NFC Championship Game. I'd like to get him out of the NFC if possible, but Dallas' 2nd rounder isn't even that high so I'd pass.

zachsaints52
04-21-2010, 08:21 AM
Can some people tell me more about Mr. Washington so I can be excited about him like others? I know he is fast but when I watched him a couple times he seemed soft, and hard to get away from blocks.

By the way, looks like I will be going to two Saints games this year, the Panthers at Carolina and the preseason at Titans!!!

CJSchneider
04-21-2010, 03:43 PM

Thanksgiving just got betteer by a factor of a bajillion.

Saints-Tigers
04-21-2010, 04:53 PM
Can some people tell me more about Mr. Washington so I can be excited about him like others? I know he is fast but when I watched him a couple times he seemed soft, and hard to get away from blocks.

By the way, looks like I will be going to two Saints games this year, the Panthers at Carolina and the preseason at Titans!!!

He is a very nice hitter, is super instinctive and can sniff out plays fast. The best coverage LB in this draft.

He's smallish and might get engulfed by blockers, but if you free him up, he's a force, and would help out in the run and passing game, especially if we upgrade the nose.

nofalcons10
04-23-2010, 09:23 PM
basically what i said was that i think that we need

2 DTs, 1 TE, 1 WR, 1 LB.

we don't have to take a TE or a WR in the first Two rounds but i do think that we need more help there than you are willing to admit.

we are in the superbowl and only have two glaring needs on the team and they are: #2 DT and #3 DT. i don't see how anyone can look at how hargrove (270lbs), ayodele (who plays like he's 250), and pressley (who nobody thought good enough to steal from our PS) and say that we aren't getting totally blown off of the ball at the LOS in the middle.

how many demoralizing runs up the gut will it take to realize that we need a presence in the middle at Nose tackle. IF terrence cody is there at 32 we cannot pass on him for some linebacker Unless it's a ridiculous value like sergio kindle.

I even like Daryl washington very much but it think that Rennie curran would be an excellent pickup in the 3rd. he is 5'11 235 so i don't see him going any higher than the second and he may even fall to the 4th if you look at Stanley arnoux's slide last year. Thaddeus gibson is also very good in space and is a pretty good pass-rusher. again, a 3rd round possibility.

My ideal draft now that i've had time to break down more prospects would look something like this:

1) terrence cody--people say that he may eat himself out of the league in 5 years but the saints window of opportunity is now. we can't concern ourselves with 2016. our focus has to be 2010-2012 and the kid never missed a game at alabama because of his weight issues. Aaron gibson was a Guard and was asked to play all 3 Downs. cody will only be asked to play two.

2)Vince oghobaase--his upper-body reminds me of warren sapp but has very long legs like Kevin williams. he is better against the run than jared odrick because he gets better extension against guards to the inside. he even has a nice swim move to get past guards to the QB. he had 6 sacks a year ago and if cody is gone we might even look at him in the first.

3)Rennie Curran--a stanley arnoux clone that will give you lots of tackles and is as good as fujita in coverage and is very good at changing directions.

4)Jimmy Graham--This kid is a very raw route runner but would be a very good prospect to groom behind shockey. he could assume blocking duties at 6'6 260 until he learns how to fine tune his routes. he is fast, has long 35 inch arms (just like shockey) and 10 5/8in. hands.

http://media.miamiherald.com/smedia/2009/08/08/16/528-5739305.embedded.prod_affiliate.56.JPG

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3220/2726562786_221e1dd63c.jpg

he could eventually be as good as jeremy shockey or the TE's that i like in the first round.

6) Joe webb--He's not danario alexander but i like what i saw from the kid at the senior bowl. has colston size and speed, long arms and decent routes. scouts really like him as a possesion guy. he's bigger than lance moore and could give drew a second colston-like target within the first 5-10 yards.

7)Demarcus Granger--was kicked off of team for stealing a jacket and missed all of 2009 because of injuries but he could be a Carl nicks or anthony hargrove type steal for us at back up NT to replace kendrick Clancy.

*** i didn't mention DE because if we replace hargrove at DT then he could very likely slide back out to end.

well at least we got graham, right?:)

diabsoule
04-25-2010, 01:09 AM
From what I have been hearing, don't be surprised if Charles Brown is our new LT and Jermon Bushrod is our new RT, if not this year then definitely next.

CJSchneider
04-25-2010, 09:44 AM
well at least we got graham, right?:)

Yeah, but sadly that's like saying "Hey, at least the Titanic made it to the iceberg."

nofalcons10
04-25-2010, 04:16 PM
Yeah, but sadly that's like saying "Hey, at least the Titanic made it to the iceberg."

don't worry. we picked up a few guys in free agency that are really gonna help the pass rush. like brown, wilkerson and galette.

in 2006 we waited until training camp to add fujita and shanle. there's still a lot of time to get a LB.

Saints-Tigers
04-25-2010, 04:46 PM
From what I have been hearing, don't be surprised if Charles Brown is our new LT and Jermon Bushrod is our new RT, if not this year then definitely next.

Interesting, I've never been a Stinchcomb fan, and Bushrod has hung with RDE's well enough.

What sort of value does Stinch have?

zachsaints52
04-25-2010, 10:25 PM
Interesting, I've never been a Stinchcomb fan, and Bushrod has hung with RDE's well enough.

What sort of value does Stinch have?

You make it sound like we might actually do something smart and make a trade. :P

Pick6TheSaintWay
04-26-2010, 09:30 AM
You make it sound like we might actually do something smart and make a trade. :P

Haha we gotta do something. Unless they are really high on the LB's we already have to replace Fujita, they have to be looking for a trade or possibly picking up someone who gets cut either soon or before the season starts. It just doesn't make sense to me that they put no effort into upgrading the position.

SaintsFanForLife
04-26-2010, 10:11 AM
A.Thomas just got cut from the Pats.

zachsaints52
04-26-2010, 10:46 AM
A.Thomas just got cut from the Pats.

We better bring him in...

saintsfan912
04-26-2010, 11:38 AM
John henderson and Clint ingram too.

CJSchneider
04-26-2010, 12:04 PM
We better bring him in...

As per the statement he made, I don't think we will have any problem making him feel "wanted".

nofalcons10
04-26-2010, 03:13 PM
chris hovan is expected was also released. michael clayton is on the trading block as well as julius jones.

diabsoule
04-26-2010, 03:16 PM
I would love for us to bring in John Henderson. He is the main guy I want that has been cut so far. Clint Ingram wouldn't be too shabby but he was never that impressive while in Jacksonville. As for Adalius Thomas, his best fit is in a 3-4. Sure, we could play him at end or SLB but I don't think his best attributes, which is improvising and rushing the passer, could best be utilizing in a 4-3. He's best used as a rushbacker in a 3-4.

Saints-Tigers
04-26-2010, 05:36 PM
Williams seems to want a passrusher at SLB, and Adalius is strong in coverage as well.

I really want John Henderson too though.

zachsaints52
04-26-2010, 09:49 PM
Well as for one or the other (since we can only sign one I htink because the Last8 rule?) Who should we go for, AT or JH? My moneys for JH, but Mike Bell signing could be enough money for JH and the Fujita money enough for AT? If so, IF they somehow knew this all would play out like this, I would give the Saints draft a A. Our D would probably be the best in Saints history, ooking at the overall of the D, not just LB's :P Gregg Williams would have so many packages for certain situations I would never feel non confident.

Saints-Tigers
04-27-2010, 12:01 AM
They were both cut, we can sign them without the rule or whatever.

Sveen
04-28-2010, 03:15 PM
New Orleans Saints visit with free agent linebacker Clint Ingram (http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2010/04/new_orleans_saints_expected_to.html)

SaintsFanForLife
04-28-2010, 03:24 PM
New Orleans Saints visit with free agent linebacker Clint Ingram (http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2010/04/new_orleans_saints_expected_to.html)

Its a start I guess. He has played for GW before so he should fit right in if we sign him.

Pick6TheSaintWay
04-29-2010, 09:23 AM
Any word on possibly bringing in Henderson?

Flyboy
04-29-2010, 10:34 AM
Give me Clint Ingram & John Henderson, trade Jammal Brown and call it an offseason for me.

wicket
04-29-2010, 10:36 AM
Give me Clint Ingram & John Henderson, trade Jammal Brown and call it an offseason for me.

would you trade him for draftpicks or players?

Flyboy
04-29-2010, 10:45 AM
Preferably a combination of both. Not a lot of teams in play for trading for him anymore either so it's not as we have a lot of options like we did pre-draft.

zachsaints52
04-29-2010, 11:38 PM
I just want to trade him so the Charles Brown pick isn't so bad to me.

Flyboy
04-30-2010, 02:21 AM
It wasn't a bad pick at all. It was absolutely great value and the J. Brown not being a Saint much longer has been on the wall for quite some time imo.

zachsaints52
04-30-2010, 07:59 AM
It wasn't a bad pick at all. It was absolutely great value and the J. Brown not being a Saint much longer has been on the wall for quite some time imo.

Well we wouldn't be able to pay Bushrod and Brown at the same time, so we really might just let Jamaal walk next season if not traded :/

diabsoule
04-30-2010, 03:10 PM
Well we wouldn't be able to pay Bushrod and Brown at the same time, so we really might just let Jamaal walk next season if not traded :/

And get no value for him? That doesn't make a lot of sense.

zachsaints52
04-30-2010, 08:13 PM
And get no value for him? That doesn't make a lot of sense.

I think thats why they got Brown this year, to prepare for this... I know it sounds dumb, but if we don't trade him theres no way to pay both Bushrod and Brown next year, AND Reggie and PT23 and tag on Evans new deal and Brees and Nicks will probably want a new one too.... Too much wants for our team. But if we do let him walk I can definately see us getting a 3rd for just letting him go with one of those picks at the end of the round (brain fart on what its called)

BTW Does anyone think we will get one of those picks for letting Fujita walk and not signing anyone of importance?

SaintsFanForLife
05-01-2010, 12:18 PM
I think thats why they got Brown this year, to prepare for this... I know it sounds dumb, but if we don't trade him theres no way to pay both Bushrod and Brown next year, AND Reggie and PT23 and tag on Evans new deal and Brees and Nicks will probably want a new one too.... Too much wants for our team. But if we do let him walk I can definately see us getting a 3rd for just letting him go with one of those picks at the end of the round (brain fart on what its called)

BTW Does anyone think we will get one of those picks for letting Fujita walk and not signing anyone of importance?

I do not think they will give us a comp. pick for Fujita. Brown maybe. But I think we can get better value for him.

SaintsFanForLife
05-01-2010, 12:21 PM
"Sean Payton implicated in alleged Vicodin theft at Saints facility"

If this turns out to be true I will be heartbroken. I have a tone of respect for Sean.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/01/sean-payton-implicated-in-alleged-vicodin-theft-at-saints-facility/

Flyboy
05-03-2010, 09:33 AM
If keeps winning us Super Bowls, I couldn't careless.

Pick6TheSaintWay
05-06-2010, 04:06 PM
I have been looking around but can't really get a solid answer. I know we all foresee it coming with the addition of Robinson in the draft but is a definite that Jenkins will be making the move to FS? I have to figure they would do it soon, but I haven't heard the Saints actually say that they are going to play him at Safety. Just wondering if anyone knows for sure.

Saints-Tigers
05-06-2010, 06:07 PM
I personally think Jenkins could easily make it at CB. Most of his problems weren't related to beinng too slow, it was his over aggression IMO. I'd rather a guy that is too aggressive than passive though.

That said, he could be a beastly FS, so I'd be happy either way.

zachsaints52
05-07-2010, 03:25 AM
I personally think Jenkins could easily make it at CB. Most of his problems weren't related to beinng too slow, it was his over aggression IMO. I'd rather a guy that is too aggressive than passive though.

That said, he could be a beastly FS, so I'd be happy either way.

If Jenkins stays at CB that makes the P-Rob even worse.

Pick6TheSaintWay
05-07-2010, 08:49 AM
If Jenkins stays at CB that makes the P-Rob even worse.

The Robinson pick is what made me believe that they were sold on moving Jenkins to Safety but they still haven't come out and said anything yet.

zachsaints52
05-07-2010, 09:03 AM
The Robinson pick is what made me believe that they were sold on moving Jenkins to Safety but they still haven't come out and said anything yet.

Because Sharper came back is the reason they havent officially moved him.

Saints-Tigers
05-07-2010, 06:19 PM
Get over it, they took the best player available on their board, and it isn't like our CBs are that reliable anyway. Greer is pushing 30 and injury prone, and Tracy Porter is injury prone as well.

zachsaints52
05-07-2010, 10:30 PM
Get over it, they took the best player available on their board, and it isn't like our CBs are that reliable anyway. Greer is pushing 30 and injury prone, and Tracy Porter is injury prone as well.

How is this involved in what we are talking about? We are talking about if Jenkins is at CB or S this year...

saintsfan912
05-08-2010, 08:06 AM
This isn't Madden, the team doesn't have to set a depth chart to say where a player is playing. Doesn't really matter if they say he's moving or not. Besides, nobody knows if he'll be worth a damn at safety until real practices begin.

zachsaints52
05-08-2010, 08:49 AM
This isn't Madden, the team doesn't have to set a depth chart to say where a player is playing. Doesn't really matter if they say he's moving or not. Besides, nobody knows if he'll be worth a damn at safety until real practices begin.

Pretty sure I want to know, not for "madden" purposes, but if we have to rely on Randall *** or Usama Young more this upcoming season.

diabsoule
05-08-2010, 10:29 AM

Ok, so IF he doesn't work at Safety then we have drafted two CB's in back-to-back years in the first round, along with one the year previous in the second round, and went out and paid top money to a free agent CB to come here as well as signing Randall Cool in FA. That's five CB's right there in 3 years. Forgive me if I don't see the logic in drafting two first round CB's when you already have three quality corners on the roster.

zachsaints52
05-08-2010, 10:43 AM
Ok, so IF he doesn't work at Safety then we have drafted two CB's in back-to-back years in the first round, along with one the year previous in the second round, and went out and paid top money to a free agent CB to come here as well as signing Randall Cool in FA. That's five CB's right there in 3 years. Forgive me if I don't see the logic in drafting two first round CB's when you already have three quality corners on the roster.

And Jason David.... can't forget him.

CJSchneider
05-08-2010, 10:44 AM
With the injury issues we've had over that time span however, it doesn't make it a super-terrible set of picks, just ones that we see as "what could have waited".

saintsfan912
05-08-2010, 09:01 PM
I'm not saying I agree with the draft choices, just saying I don't expect them to announce every damn position move they make. Who knows if Jenkins can even play FS. I'd love for him to play there, I think he'd beast it there along with the rest of us. But I'm not gonna ***** at the FO for not annoucing
it to the world in May.

Flyboy
05-09-2010, 01:36 AM

Did you see how our defense played when Greer & Porter were out? It nearly crippled us and we were lucky to win the STL & WAS games. Jenkins is already getting work at FS per Payton, and our team simply doesn't value LBs that much in the draft.

Pick6TheSaintWay
05-09-2010, 03:05 PM
I'm not saying I agree with the draft choices, just saying I don't expect them to announce every damn position move they make. Who knows if Jenkins can even play FS. I'd love for him to play there, I think he'd beast it there along with the rest of us. But I'm not gonna ***** at the FO for not annoucing
it to the world in May.

My bad dude, just like to stay updated on my Saints. So no they haven't said anything? Okay I'll just wait until I hear something some other time.

saintsfan912
05-09-2010, 05:02 PM
Actually Payton did say in the Advocate today that Jenkins is gonna see work at safety this season.

wicket
05-09-2010, 05:12 PM
Did you see how our defense played when Greer & Porter were out? It nearly crippled us and we were lucky to win the STL & WAS games. Jenkins is already getting work at FS per Payton, and our team simply doesn't value LBs that much in the draft.

it wasnt just greer and porter being out though, torrence, gai, ellis and fujita were out as well and if i remember correctly sharper was out for one of those games as well

diabsoule
05-12-2010, 02:57 PM
http://www.saintsnation.blogspot.com/

Saints are looking to lock up RB Pierre Thomas, WR Lance Moore, and S Roman Harper long term.

NOLAFan
05-12-2010, 03:22 PM
http://www.saintsnation.blogspot.com/

Saints are looking to lock up RB Pierre Thomas, WR Lance Moore, and S Roman Harper long term.

Thomas and Harper i understand but Moore only had that one some what monster of a season when everyone was hurt. I would think they would try to lock up some of their more key players.

diabsoule
05-12-2010, 05:59 PM
The Saints have signed WR Roy Hall to a one year deal

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Roy-Hall-signs-with-the-Saints.html

diabsoule
05-19-2010, 05:26 PM
The Saints have signed LB Clint Ingram to a one year deal. I'll post the details once I find them.

SaintsFanForLife
05-19-2010, 07:54 PM
The Saints have signed LB Clint Ingram to a one year deal. I'll post the details once I find them.

I'll take it

Flyboy
05-20-2010, 12:37 AM

Loved that news when I got the tweet. Think it can become a very, very underrated signing for the upcoming season.

wicket
05-20-2010, 10:26 AM
nice signing

Monomach
05-24-2010, 11:21 AM
I see you guys signed Jason McKie.

I'm sorry.

Saints-Tigers
05-24-2010, 08:39 PM
I see you guys signed Jason McKie.

I'm sorry.

backup FB that probably will be cut or inactive anyway.

diabsoule
05-24-2010, 09:07 PM
backup FB that probably will be cut or inactive anyway.

my thoughts exactly.

CJSchneider
05-24-2010, 10:06 PM
Yeah, he probably gets cut.

saintsfan912
05-27-2010, 09:34 PM
For those that have been freaking out...Adam Schefter reports the saints have officially moved Malcolm Jenkins to safety. Happy now? Haha.

CJSchneider
05-27-2010, 09:50 PM
link please

saintsfan912
05-27-2010, 10:57 PM
Just saw it on my phone from his Twitter account. Not sure how to link that.

SaintsFanForLife
05-28-2010, 08:04 AM
link please

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2010/05/observations_from_new_orleans.html

diabsoule
05-28-2010, 02:30 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/28/report-pierre-thomas-and-the-saints-are-far-apart/

Looks like PT is expecting a little much in regards to pay

SaintsFanForLife
05-29-2010, 08:51 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/28/report-pierre-thomas-and-the-saints-are-far-apart/

Looks like PT is expecting a little much in regards to pay

I love PT but he is no Steven Jackson. He has never even had a 1000 yard season ( I know he is in a 2-3 back system but still). I want him signed but I dont want to put up that kind of cash.

Flyboy
05-30-2010, 01:07 PM
Steven Jackson money? Haha, I love PT but that's insane.

CJSchneider
05-31-2010, 11:02 AM
Looking at some comparative numbers, it is clear PT has potential and deserves some compensation, but put PT behind St. Louis' O-line and we would see why Jackson deserves to be paid much higher.

Saints-Tigers
06-02-2010, 06:45 PM
Pierre Thomas hasn't proven he can stay healthy as part of a stable of backs, why should he get paid like a feature back?

Love him and all, but he's definitely not irreplaceable.

diabsoule
06-06-2010, 03:04 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Report-Saints-expected-to-sign-Patrick-Ramsey.html

Saints expected to sign Patrick Ramsey. I can live with that though I would have rather Josh McCown.

CJSchneider
06-06-2010, 03:27 PM
I find it funny that Ramsey now replaces Brunell in New Orleans when 6 years ago it was the other way around in Washington. Both he and McCown have been playing in the UFLfor the last season. I think both are a better move for us than having Brunell set in the #2 seat eating up cap room.

CJSchneider
06-07-2010, 04:41 PM
We held a 7 round mock over in the Fantasy section and one of the teams I selected for was New Orleans. There were no trades and we did not go through a free-agency period. Here are the results

31. :: Greg Romeus, DE, Pittsburgh
63. :: Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State
95. :: Kelvin Sheppard, ILB, LSU
159. :: Allen Bradford, RB, USC
223. :: Charles Clay, FB, Tulsa

I just thought I'd post this for something to discuss; I know it's still early. All things being equal, what do you think?

wicket
06-07-2010, 04:52 PM
dont get the point of drafting a fullback anyways but getting romeus would be insane

CJSchneider
06-07-2010, 05:01 PM
http://www.neworleanssaints.com/news-and-events/article-1/Saints-Sign-G-Terrence-Metcalf/8d1db07f-fa60-4289-85cd-7ca987ba11b8

Saints Sign G Terrence Metcalf

CJSchneider
06-07-2010, 05:03 PM
dont get the point of drafting a fullback anyways but getting romeus would be insane

I drafted Clay because he seemed like a good fit for Payton's system. He receives a ton of catches out of the backfield as a HB and he is a good red-zone asset.

wicket
06-07-2010, 05:04 PM
I drafted Clay because he seemed like a good fit for Payton's system. He receives a ton of catches out of the backfield as a HB and he is a good red-zone asset.

so basicly he is an unproven heath evans

CJSchneider
06-07-2010, 06:09 PM
so basicly he is an unproven heath evans

Basically.

diabsoule
06-14-2010, 06:54 PM
PT signed his RFA tender today

SaintsFanForLife
06-15-2010, 07:35 AM
PT signed his RFA tender today

Thats smart of him since it is his biggest payday ever.

zachsaints52
06-16-2010, 02:00 PM
Looking at some comparative numbers, it is clear PT has potential and deserves some compensation, but put PT behind St. Louis' O-line and we would see why Jackson deserves to be paid much higher.

St. Louis has Karney!!!!!!!!!!!

CJSchneider
06-19-2010, 12:57 PM
http://media.wwltv.com/images/saints+ring+pictures+01.jpg (http://www.wwltv.com/news/Saints-Super-Bowl-44-rings-unveiled-96526984.html)

zachsaints52
06-19-2010, 01:45 PM
http://media.wwltv.com/images/saints+ring+pictures+01.jpg (http://www.wwltv.com/news/Saints-Super-Bowl-44-rings-unveiled-96526984.html)

Very nice sir.

diabsoule
06-19-2010, 02:33 PM
A source has told me the Redskins have agreed on a trade for Jammal Brown. Still trying to confirm compensation

Per Jeff Duncan of the Times-Picayune.

critesy
06-19-2010, 02:48 PM
you think someone like rocky mcintosh was included maybe ?