PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans Saints Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Scott Wright
11-09-2006, 08:30 AM
Discuss the Saints here.

Scott Wright
11-09-2006, 08:28 PM
Come on, nobody wants to talk about the 6-2 Saints?

How about this: Is Marques Colston the real deal and will he be Rookie of the Year?

diabsoule
11-10-2006, 12:38 AM
Sorry, I haven't been around the past couple of days. School work is bearing down on me.

I think Colston is the real deal and I think he wins ROY. He has just been a huge key to the success of the Saints.

I'm a little hesitant about the Saints due to the fact that they have a history of second half collapses. I think Payton is different but we will just have to wait and see.

Do you think that we can beat the Steelers? If so, what are the keys to success against them?

Flyboy
11-10-2006, 12:51 AM
I, for one, do think that Colston is the real deal and if he keeps up his success in the 2nd half of the season then he should win ROY. I think when I think of a current NFL player I see him as a T.O. type WR minus the attitude and with better hands. He's not quite at Owens' level at making plays after the catch, but I think he'll get there. He's been a stud for us so far and everyone who thought we were dumb for trading away Stallworth look kinda silly now.

And how about the Devery Henderson against TB? With him being healthy and out of Payton's doghouse, he looked very much like Stallworth for us with his ability to stretch the field. If he could provide that for us each week... our offense just added another dimension.

Yeah, I'm worried about the second half too... our schedule is just killer. But, I really have faith in Sean Payton. This is a completely different team of years past so we'll see how it goes. Winning the division and getting a first round bye in the playoffs would be orgasmic. But, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

As for the Steelers... we can win this game. We can win any game against any team in the NFL if we play like we're capable of, but this is not going to be an easy game by ANY means. I think the keys are to shutdown Willie Parker and force BenRo to beat us kinda like we did against Vick. I worry that Heath Miller and Hines Ward will make us pay, but if we can force some turnovers I'll breath easy. On offense, we have to protect Brees' against Pittsburgh's blitz and pound the ball heavily with Deuce. I really don't think Bush will be a factor in this game as a runner, but as a receiver I think he can make some big plays for us.

This game really reminds me of the Ravens' game we lost... but I think the real reason we lost that game was due to stupid, silly turnovers/penalties and if we cut those out... I think we can win in Pittsburgh. I won't be able to see the game due to A) it's not in my area and B) I have a project to work on but it should be a good game.

Flyboy
11-11-2006, 12:06 AM
Joe Horn is doubtful for Sunday's game. :(

diabsoule
11-11-2006, 05:46 PM
Joe Horn is doubtful for Sunday's game. :(

I think Horn is about to just wear down. I can't see how he would have many more years left in his tank. I think he's good for one more year at most.

Flyboy
11-11-2006, 06:06 PM
Yeah, I don't think he'll be a Saint next year which means that we need to address our WR position either through FA or the draft this offseason.

diabsoule
11-11-2006, 10:12 PM
Yeah, I don't think he'll be a Saint next year which means that we need to address our WR position either through FA or the draft this offseason.

I think we're going to address that position in the draft and maybe pick up a decent FA. I think we're going defense in the 2nd Rd.

mpt117
11-11-2006, 10:17 PM
what happened to my hometown man alfred fincher? he needs some PT...

diabsoule
11-12-2006, 03:52 PM

He plays every once in a while. The coaching staff isn't that high on him and I don't see him staying around that long.

mpt117
11-12-2006, 04:00 PM

He plays every once in a while. The coaching staff isn't that high on him and I don't see him staying around that long.

i wonder why...i know haslett was and he was a first teamer since may at practice and TC...was penciled in as the starter for the season until the simoneau trade. from what i hear he played good during the preseason and other saints fans want him to see the field more often to see what he can do

mpt117
11-12-2006, 04:25 PM
sry double post

diabsoule
11-12-2006, 07:33 PM
Damn, Saints lost. We're still a game ahead of the Falcoons. We gotta win more of our games now. This was a tough loss esp. after I picked the Saints in pick'em.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-12-2006, 07:33 PM
You all would have won if you had Joe Horn.

YoJoeBucsFan
11-12-2006, 07:36 PM
I was actually rooting for the Saints... that one was tough to watch. I HATE Joey Porter and seeing him happy disgusts me.

diabsoule
11-12-2006, 07:39 PM

I have to agree with you there. I think Horn would've held onto the balls that Copper couldn't.

diabsoule
11-13-2006, 09:23 AM
That was a tough loss. The Steelers exploited every one of our weaknesses on defense.

Flyboy
11-13-2006, 07:02 PM

I disagree. We would have won if A) we didn't turn the ball over and B) Hollis Thomas did not get hurt.

That was such a tough loss to swallow. Ugh.

diabsoule
11-14-2006, 03:07 AM

I disagree. We would have won if A) we didn't turn the ball over and B) Hollis Thomas did not get hurt.

That was such a tough loss to swallow. Ugh.

I know thought we were going to put it into overtime. That loss was very tough. We have to bounce back next week, though. We have to win 4 more games to go 10-6. We should do it.

Flyboy
11-14-2006, 02:51 PM
Cincy's offense going against our defense worries me GREATLY. It's nice that the game will be at home, but still.... eeek.

diabsoule
11-15-2006, 01:20 AM
Cincy's offense going against our defense worries me GREATLY. It's nice that the game will be at home, but still.... eeek.

Yeah, I'm really worried as well esp. since San Diego's defense is so much better than ours and Cincy stacked up 41 pts against them. Then we have Pittsburgh, who isn't a team that really runs up the score, piled on 38 against us. I think our secondary is going to get exploited big time. I'm going to be listening to this game cringing.

diabsoule
11-16-2006, 12:48 PM
Pretty good Q&A with Sean Payton about this upcoming game.
http://neworleanssaints.com/newsroomarticle.cfm?articleid=3080

swagger
11-18-2006, 12:20 AM
I love Scott but I thought this was funny...

Here is what Scott said about Marques Colston in response to a question in his "Ask NFLDC" Q&A:

First of all Marques Colston is a very rare exception and even though I was very high on him even I didn't expect the kind of numbers he is putting up for the Saints.

I was very curious as to what Scott thought of Colston, so I resourced his team by team reviews and brought up his review of the Saints. Here was his take on Colston (after the draft):

With their final pick the Saints brought in another sleeper in Marques Colston of Hofstra, who despite playing wide receiver in college will likely be tried out as a tight end or H-Back due to his size. Even though the Saints really don't have a top player established at the position it would be a surprise if Colston were able to make much of an impact as a rookie.

C'mon Scott!!!!! Hindsight is 20/20! :lol:

diabsoule
11-18-2006, 03:11 AM
Ha, that's pretty funny but that's what I love about the draft.

In other news, I just found out that I'll be going to the game Sunday!

Flyboy
11-18-2006, 12:12 PM
I hate you, dia.

diabsoule
11-18-2006, 12:56 PM
I hate you, dia.

It was a last minute thing. A friend of mine got 4 free tickets and invited me. I'm just happy that I'll get to make a game...... And now I get to see Ocho Cinco play. Um..... Yehaw.

I just hope our defense can slow down Cincy's offense.

Flyboy
11-18-2006, 01:14 PM
As do I. I know our points can put up points against Cincy's defense, but I think we are really going to need stellar play from our secondary to win this game. Rudi Johnson is such an underrated back, but our LBs usually do a good job against bigger, type backs like him so far this season. Willie Parker-esque backs tear us apart... but the trio of CJ/TJ/Chris Henry makes me cringe. Hopefully, Will Smith and Charles Grant will be in Palmer's face all game long.

Flyboy
11-18-2006, 02:39 PM
For some reason, I feel like Reggie Bush can really have a breakout game against the Bengals' defense.. don't ask me why.

diabsoule
11-18-2006, 07:55 PM
For some reason, I feel like Reggie Bush can really have a breakout game against the Bengals' defense.. don't ask me why.

I think he can too and hopefully he will. I think he needs to have one.

diabsoule
11-20-2006, 01:31 AM
Well, this definately wasn't the game for me to go to.

diabsoule
11-20-2006, 04:17 PM
Definately after this game it shows that we need a #1 CB. Fred Thomas isn't the answer at CB and we need to pick one up in Rd. 1 or 2 or go after one hardcore in FA.

diabsoule
11-21-2006, 11:07 AM
Marques Colston is day-to-day with an ankle sprain and Sean Payton said that it is doubtful whether he will play this weekend vs. Atlanta.

I think that he absolutely needs to play vs. ATL if he can. We need his presence on the field. I know we've talked about how the Saints needed to win vs. Pittsburgh and Cincy, but now this game is a MUST win. If we win that keeps us in competition for the division with Carolina. If we lose then we are tied with ATL and still only one game behind Carolina, if they lose.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
11-21-2006, 02:37 PM
My new name may be captain obvious, but here's my take:

Nobody can stop us from moving the ball. We are absolutely killing ourselves with the turnovers. Limiting those may be even more important than better defensive play. I really think this offense alone can get us to the playoffs, but it all starts with cutting down on the turnovers.

Flyboy
11-21-2006, 08:54 PM
I'm just now getting over Sunday's lost. Man, I was so f'n pissed. All these turnovers are killing me. We must, must MUST beat Atlanta... run the ball effectively and actually set up the pass with the RUNNING game. I love Sean Payton but ugh... I'm getting the NO/ATL game this Sunday so I'll be ready.

Shiver
11-21-2006, 10:27 PM
Sig bet proposal: If you win, I use a Reggie Bush sig for a week. If we win, one of you uses a Michael Vick sig for a week. :wink:

Flyboy
11-21-2006, 11:09 PM
HA. Funny how you're doing this after my avatar bet for the first game.. but I'll be man enough for it.

Shiver
11-21-2006, 11:11 PM
HA. Funny how you're doing this after my avatar bet for the first game.. but I'll be man enough for it.

I didn't think we had a chance going into that hornet's nest. :wink: Seriously, when I saw we were the unlucky bastards to play the Saints in the first home game I was very upset.

diabsoule
11-22-2006, 05:59 AM

I didn't think we had a chance going into that hornet's nest. :wink: Seriously, when I saw we were the unlucky bastards to play the Saints in the first home game I was very upset.

I'll take you up on that bet, Shiv. I think the Saints could win, but on the same token I could see the Falcons upsetting us.

Flyboy
11-22-2006, 08:13 PM
I really hope Colston can play on Sunday. I think he's essential to us pulling out a win.

Windy
11-22-2006, 08:22 PM
How early do you guys expect to take a wr?

Flyboy
11-22-2006, 08:48 PM
I would say around round 4-5. Hopefully, round 1-3 will strictly be on the defensive side of the ball.

diabsoule
11-25-2006, 02:52 AM
How early do you guys expect to take a wr?

I think it all depends on the talent available.

If there isn't a top tier DT, LB, or CB available in the first then we go WR.

2nd Rd. hopefully is DT, LB, or CB or whatever we didn't take in the 1st.

Flyboy
11-25-2006, 03:31 AM
I would rather us trade out of the first round completely if we don't plan on addressing the defense in the first round unless there was a WR to fall like... CJ (ain't happening), Jarrett (ain't happening), Ginn (ain't happening)... that leaves Jeff Shvcjhsks (I always hate trying to spell his last name). I wouldn't be too upset at that... I suppose.

diabsoule
11-25-2006, 03:27 PM
I would rather us trade out of the first round completely if we don't plan on addressing the defense in the first round unless there was a WR to fall like... CJ (ain't happening), Jarrett (ain't happening), Ginn (ain't happening)... that leaves Jeff Shvcjhsks (I always hate trying to spell his last name). I wouldn't be too upset at that... I suppose.

I agree with you. If we are drafting in late first round and there is no great defensive player available I would like to see us trade out, or trade the pick for a player worth a 1st Rd pick.

If we can't get CJ, Ginn, or Jarrett, and it is highly doubtful that we even get them where we will probably pick then I think the next best talent on the board would be Sidney Rice. After that, I think we could find a WR in the 2nd Rd like Dwayne Bowe or even Paul Williams from Fresno St.
It wouldn't suprise if we went WR in the later rounds either where a player like Buster Davis from LSU or Steve Smith from USC, who I am really high on, would really compliment the team. I'm hoping we try going for Steve Smith.

Don't forget either that we have 3 4th Rd picks so if Smith fell into the 4th, which is a possibility, then I hope we try landing him.

Flyboy
11-25-2006, 04:11 PM
I honestly don't think Rice will declare this year.

Flyboy
11-26-2006, 10:13 AM
Game day. I feel this game is crucial for our playoff hopes and the division as well... let's go Saints! Colston is expected to play as well.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
11-26-2006, 11:08 AM
Colston isn't playing, but Joe Horn is.

Flyboy
11-26-2006, 11:29 AM
Yeah, I just heard on Countdown. That sucks.

diabsoule
11-26-2006, 03:09 PM
Awesome win for us today. Just awesome. And with Washington beating Carolina means we're back in the division lead.

Flyboy
11-26-2006, 03:12 PM
*chestbumps dia* WHOOOO~!

diabsoule
11-26-2006, 03:20 PM
That was a sweet victory. Man, I'm so happy. The one thing, though, that I'd like to see us do is mix up the playcalling a little. Try running it a bit more. But I'm very hapy with a win. 7-4 and in the division lead.

Flyboy
11-26-2006, 03:22 PM
Me too. At times, I was screaming at the TV for us to run the ball. The second to the last drive shows why. 12 runs, 12 passes.. ate up 7+ minutes.

Shiver
11-26-2006, 03:29 PM
Congratulations, I wish we had receivers and a goal-line back to give you guys a challenge, though. Oh well, thanks to you guys the three stooges (Mora, Knapp, Donatell) are going to be fired. 8) Someone find me a good Reggie Bush sig, to make good on our accord.

diabsoule
11-26-2006, 04:38 PM
Congratulations, I wish we had receivers and a goal-line back to give you guys a challenge, though. Oh well, thanks to you guys the three stooges (Mora, Knapp, Donatell) are going to be fired. 8) Someone find me a good Reggie Bush sig, to make good on our accord.

I have this Reggie Bush sig that Jkpigskin let me use:

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2736/reggiebushba0.gif
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2736/reggiebushba0.gif

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
11-26-2006, 05:03 PM
That was a sweet victory. Man, I'm so happy. The one thing, though, that I'd like to see us do is mix up the playcalling a little. Try running it a bit more. But I'm very hapy with a win. 7-4 and in the division lead.

I completely disagree. The passing game is what is making our offense go (when we're not turning the ball over), so why fix what isn't broken? Besides, our O-Line is really not that great at run blocking. They do protect Brees well, though. I think our team's identity is about 60% pass, 40% run.

Flyboy
11-26-2006, 05:05 PM
Because if we're constantly passing the ball, the defense can start to hone in on that much like the Falcons did in the second half by bringing extra pressure and keeping Brees flustered. Running the ball helps us balance not to mention we should be running more often with one of the best backs in the league and Bush in the backfield.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
11-26-2006, 05:40 PM
Because if we're constantly passing the ball, the defense can start to hone in on that much like the Falcons did in the second half by bringing extra pressure and keeping Brees flustered. Running the ball helps us balance not to mention we should be running more often with one of the best backs in the league and Bush in the backfield.

We would be running more if our Offensive Line was good at run blocking. Deuce gets his yards because he's good at getting yards after contact, but he also has a whole lot of 1-3 yard runs. Reggie isn't producing because he has nowhere to go. The passing game is our strength and we are at our best when we use the pass to set up the run, not vice versa.

It's worked so far.

diabsoule
11-26-2006, 06:25 PM
After watching the NE/Chi game, I'd really like the Saints to go after CB Asante Samuel in FA.

Flyboy
11-26-2006, 06:30 PM
Samuel and Lance Briggs, please~! MMMM!!

diabsoule
11-26-2006, 09:19 PM

If we signed them both I'd have to change my pants cuz I would mess myself.

Flyboy
11-26-2006, 10:26 PM
Make that two of us. It sucks that we have so much money tied into our offense, though. Ehh.

rainbeaukid2
11-26-2006, 10:29 PM

that would be great for the saints although lance briggs is a tad overrated IMO

diabsoule
11-26-2006, 10:43 PM

that would be great for the saints although lance briggs is a tad overrated IMO

Even if he is a tad overrated he would still beef up our linebackers which is what we need.

LSU Man
11-27-2006, 09:49 AM
I have a quick question. I'm doing an offseason and mock draft for the Saints, and i need to know if we would trade our first rounf pick for Briggs?

diabsoule
11-27-2006, 11:04 AM
I have a quick question. I'm doing an offseason and mock draft for the Saints, and i need to know if we would trade our first rounf pick for Briggs?

I don't think he is worth a first round pick, but that's just me.

Flyboy
11-27-2006, 12:15 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't trade a first for him either.

diabsoule
11-27-2006, 08:45 PM
One thing the Saints shouldn't do is overlook SF. They've been playing good ball lately and their defense has really been stepping up.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
11-27-2006, 08:52 PM
One thing the Saints shouldn't do is overlook SF. They've been playing good ball lately and their defense has really been stepping up.

I'm not worried about SF's defense. We can move the ball on just about anybody. I'm worried about stopping Frank Gore, or should I say hoping to contain Frank Gore...

Scott Wright
11-27-2006, 09:28 PM

Here is what Scott said about Marques Colston in response to a question in his "Ask NFLDC" Q&A:

First of all Marques Colston is a very rare exception and even though I was very high on him even I didn't expect the kind of numbers he is putting up for the Saints.

I was very curious as to what Scott thought of Colston, so I resourced his team by team reviews and brought up his review of the Saints. Here was his take on Colston (after the draft):

With their final pick the Saints brought in another sleeper in Marques Colston of Hofstra, who despite playing wide receiver in college will likely be tried out as a tight end or H-Back due to his size. Even though the Saints really don't have a top player established at the position it would be a surprise if Colston were able to make much of an impact as a rookie.

Just wanted to respond:

Notice that quote didn't say anything about what I thought of Colston as a player but merely what I thought his chances were of making the team right after the draft (before he started tearing up their camps). I had Colston as my #7 sleeper prospect, ahead of a number of guys who went much higher them him like Tarvaris Jackson and Paul McQuistan.

SuperMcGee
11-27-2006, 09:30 PM
Stallworth's departure also really opened things up for Colston down in the Big Easy, it was pretty hard to predict much of a 7th round pick immediately after the draft

diabsoule
11-27-2006, 10:17 PM

Just wanted to respond:

Notice that quote didn't say anything about what I thought of Colston as a player but merely what I thought his chances were of making the team right after the draft (before he started tearing up their camps). I had Colston as my #7 sleeper prospect, ahead of a number of guys who went much higher them him like Tarvaris Jackson and Paul McQuistan.

I noticed. I think that guy was just trying to prove you wrong or something.

I kept up with as much of Saints training camp as I could and I remember reading articles that mentioned how impressive Sean Patyon and the rest of the coaching staff were with Colston. Also, the emergence of Jamal Jones, someone who went undrafted but has also impressed coaches as well but still needs some development, really were the keys in trading away Stallworth. I was wary of us trading Stallworth since I thought he stepped it up last year but the risk has paid off. You never know what you're going to get from a 7th Rd. draft pick, sometimes you'll find a stud but more than likely you'll find a dud.

I remember my friend calling me up and telling me about who we drafted in the end of the draft and he told me we drafted a wide receiver from Hofstra and I told him "what a waste. he's not making the team"

Flyboy
11-27-2006, 10:32 PM

I'm not worried about SF's defense. We can move the ball on just about anybody. I'm worried about stopping Frank Gore, or should I say hoping to contain Frank Gore...

Frank Gore, an emerging Alex Smith, and a returning Vernon Davis scare me as well. I never look past a game, much like Sean Payton. One game at a time and from here on out, it's a 5-game playoff.

diabsoule
11-27-2006, 11:47 PM

Frank Gore, an emerging Alex Smith, and a returning Vernon Davis scare me as well. I never look past a game, much like Sean Payton. One game at a time and from here on out, it's a 5-game playoff.

Exactly. I got into that mind set when Nick Saban became coach at LSU and I'm a believer of that style. Frank Gore is a beast. He's really going to be something special.

diabsoule
11-28-2006, 12:01 AM
What do you guys think of us getting Patrick Willis in Scott's new mock draft? I absolutely love the pick. We could then address CB in Round 2.

diabsoule
11-28-2006, 12:14 AM
As some of you may know, and I'm sure some of you probably don't know, there used to be a Saints fan on here named SaintsDomePatrol. I first met him when Ward paired us together to Co-GM the Saints in last year's forum mock.

Here's a picture of him: (Warning it's a rough police sketch after he was wanted for cutting the head off of 50 chickens and banging a beagle)
http://www.thejim.iofm.net/jpgs/mrpink.jpg

Well, let's cut to the chase... SaintsDomePatrol and I started hanging together outside of NFLDC. We went to strip clubs, drank beers, he passed out in my yard a few times, and tried dating my sister. Then he did the unthinkable. He betrayed my trust and went against a decision of mine. That is something my friends don't do, because I know people that will take care of someone like that.

Then the day came where they did take care of him and this is how we did it:

First a beating with this:
http://www.tannvi.com/gifs/pillow.jpg

Then tortured him by showing him this:
http://planetsean.blogspot.com/martha%20stewart%201.jpgh
(Well, her tv show and reruns of it)

Finally we put him through this:
http://www.wikco.com/images/avp2.jpg

At the end, he looked like this:
http://www.beeftips.com/images/groundbeef.jpg

The point of this is to let everyone know that SaintsDomePatrol (SDP) will no longer be active on this forum anymore. Let's have a moment for him.

Please don't ban me.... :(

bofadabizzles
11-28-2006, 03:38 PM

Just wanted to respond:

I noticed. I think that guy was just trying to prove you wrong or something.

I kept up with as much of Saints training camp as I could and I remember reading articles that mentioned how impressive Sean Patyon and the rest of the coaching staff were with Colston. Also, the emergence of Jamal Jones, someone who went undrafted but has also impressed coaches as well but still needs some development, really were the keys in trading away Stallworth. I was wary of us trading Stallworth since I thought he stepped it up last year but the risk has paid off. You never know what you're going to get from a 7th Rd. draft pick, sometimes you'll find a stud but more than likely you'll find a dud.

I remember my friend calling me up and telling me about who we drafted in the end of the draft and he told me we drafted a wide receiver from Hofstra and I told him "what a waste. he's not making the team"

In one of the Sportsguy's(ESPN) articles he said the reason Colston was picked so low is because the coaching staff at Hofstra bashed him to all of the NFL scouts about his additude, have you guys heard any of this? I find it a little hard to believe, seems like if that was the case you would hear about every time he made a play.

diabsoule
11-28-2006, 03:42 PM
I've heard that as well in another forum I'm in. If that's true then shame on the Hofstra coaching staff.

Star Wideout
11-28-2006, 04:59 PM
Yes that is very surprising to hear that, he seems like a very well grounded kid. Who respects the game, and his coaches.

diabsoule
11-28-2006, 09:31 PM
Yes that is very surprising to hear that, he seems like a very well grounded kid. Who respects the game, and his coaches.

Exactly. That's why I found it weird that they would say something like that about him.

LSU Man
11-30-2006, 02:42 PM
Does anyone else have the feeling that this is a trap game agains the 9'ers? I mean we just killed ATL and have momentum rising as we're getting ready to play Dallas. I just have that weird feeling.

Flyboy
11-30-2006, 03:08 PM
If we're looking past them SF can easily beat us. Frank Gore, Vernon Davis, and Alex Smith could spell trouble for us... I hope we can just come out with a win with no injuries.

diabsoule
11-30-2006, 05:20 PM
We can't look past SF. Yes, I agree this could turn into a trap game. We just came off a great road win against a division rival and we have a really good team in Dallas we're playing in a few weeks. SF has been playing good ball, they have an underrated coach, a blossoming offense, and an improving defense. They could beat us if we overlook them. We need to not look past them. If we handle our business then we can be 8-4 going into Dallas.

diabsoule
12-01-2006, 09:14 PM
18 Questions with Terrance Copper:

http://neworleanssaints.com/newsroomarticle.cfm?articleid=3125

Flyboy
12-01-2006, 10:38 PM
Saints | Simoneau expected to play in Week 13
Fri, 1 Dec 2006 14:29:01 -0800

New Orleans Saints LB Mark Simoneau (hand) practiced Friday, Dec. 1, and he is expected to play in Week 13. He is listed as questionable on the team's injury report.

Saints | Horn expected to play in Week 13
Fri, 1 Dec 2006 14:27:27 -0800

New Orleans Saints WR Joe Horn (groin) practiced Friday, Dec. 1, and he is expected to play in Week 13. He is listed as questionable on the team's injury report.

Saints | W. Smith will be game-time decision in Week 13
Fri, 1 Dec 2006 14:23:36 -0800

New Orleans Saints DL Will Smith (knee) did not practice Friday, Dec. 1, and he will be a game-time decision in Week 13, although it is not looking like he will play. He is listed as questionable on the team's injury report.

Saints | Colston will be game-time decision in Week 13
Fri, 1 Dec 2006 14:22:43 -0800

New Orleans Saints WR Marques Colston (ankle) was limited in practice Friday, Dec. 1, and he will be a game-time decision in Week 13, although he is leaning towards playing. From observing him in practice, and how he has felt this week, he feels he is further along than he was last week. He is listed as questionable on the team's injury report.

Saints | F. Thomas expected to play in Week 13
Fri, 1 Dec 2006 14:18:47 -0800

New Orleans Saints CB Fred Thomas (thumb) practiced Friday, Dec. 1, and he is expected to play in Week 13. He is listed as probable on the team's injury report.

Saints | Scott expected to play in Week 13
Fri, 1 Dec 2006 14:18:41 -0800

New Orleans Saints FS Bryan Scott (foot) practiced Friday, Dec. 1, and he is expected to play in Week 13. He is listed as probable on the team's injury report.

Saints | Stecker expected to play in Week 13
Fri, 1 Dec 2006 14:14:01 -0800

New Orleans Saints RB Aaron Stecker (ankle) practiced Friday, Dec. 1, and he is expected to play in Week 13. He is listed as probable on the team's injury report.

Damnit, I think Smith not playing is really going to hurt. Adding pressure to Alex Smith is going to be key for us.

49ersfan_87
12-02-2006, 01:27 AM
Hey guys. Its gona be quite a challenge to face you guys. Its amazing when the season started this looked like a dud, but now it could shape up seeds in the NFC. Its gona be tough to beat you guys, especially since were horrible on the road and brees is playing like a top 5 qb this season. But your team is moving up, quite quicker than any one of us thought. Heres hoping for a clean, injury free game on sunday.

Flyboy
12-02-2006, 01:44 AM
Same here, bro! Here's to a good, clean, close game (with the Saints winning). :wink:

diabsoule
12-03-2006, 03:29 AM
Yeah, I would like to see Will Smith play but I'm sure we can still get it handled. Whose going to take his spot?

Star Wideout
12-03-2006, 03:57 AM
Yeah, I would like to see Will Smith play but I'm sure we can still get it handled. Whose going to take his spot?
Probably Willie Whitehead.

Looks like Colston is going to be out for you guys as well, game might be tougher than expected.

Flyboy
12-03-2006, 10:22 AM
Game day.. let's go Saints!

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
12-03-2006, 11:50 AM
I think we absolutely need to win this game in order to finish at least 10-6 (which is what I'm hoping for). I think we can win 2 out of 4 against DAL, WAS, NYG, and CAR. 3 might be pushing it.

diabsoule
12-03-2006, 03:23 PM
Well, today was Reggie Bush's coming out party. 4 TD's. That's unbelievable.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
12-03-2006, 03:28 PM

Surely it was a fluke and he's a complete and total bust who will never amount to anything in the league...

diabsoule
12-03-2006, 04:26 PM

Surely it was a fluke and he's a complete and total bust who will never amount to anything in the league...

That's what I was thinking. He totally won't amount to anything..... Hahaha.

Now we have to concentrate on Dallas. This game against the Cowgirls now is key.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
12-03-2006, 04:56 PM

Now we have to concentrate on Dallas. This game against the Cowgirls now is key.

I think that if we continue our streak of 2 straight games without a turnover, and protect the ball against Dallas, we have a very good chance of winning.

diabsoule
12-03-2006, 06:50 PM

I think that if we continue our streak of 2 straight games without a turnover, and protect the ball against Dallas, we have a very good chance of winning.

I do too. I hope that we can pull it out. We need to play great, though against a tough Dallas team.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
12-03-2006, 07:05 PM
I know it was one game (and against the 49ers), but I was very impressed with our defense today. We shut down Frank Gore and got good pressure on Alex Smith with Will out.

I'm worried about the heath of our receivers, though.

diabsoule
12-03-2006, 07:42 PM
I know it was one game (and against the 49ers), but I was very impressed with our defense today. We shut down Frank Gore and got good pressure on Alex Smith with Will out.

I'm worried about the heath of our receivers, though.

You are right. Our defense looked really good out there today. We were able to stop a really good running back and get pressue on Alex Smith. One thing I saw us do was blitz a good bit, which is what we have been needing to do a lot more of this year.

I'm worried about our WR health as well. Colston hopefully will be recovered from his injury by the time next week rolls around. I also think that we really need Joe Horn playing. His leadership and veteran presence will be most beneficial to us, especially going against a top notch secondary like the one Dallas possesses.

I'd also like to see Will Smith healthy for the game. We could really use him going againt Flozell Adams, because I think that he'd be able to really get some pressue on Romo with Smith in the game.

portermvp84
12-04-2006, 09:04 AM
Reggie Bush is the man, he scored three rushing touchdowns.

Flyboy
12-04-2006, 09:58 AM

Nah. Yesterday was just a fluke.

LSU Man
12-04-2006, 01:35 PM
I really really hope is wasn't a fluke :(

Our receivers need to get healthy for the Cowboys game. Colston and Will Smith are a must for this game.

portermvp84
12-04-2006, 01:47 PM

Nah. Yesterday was just a fluke.

How do you figure?

Flyboy
12-04-2006, 02:39 PM
It was sarcasm. :) Next Sunday he'll be on the big stage... we'll see how he performs again a STOUT Cowboys' defense. Him running/catching passes and Deuce running hard is going to be essential to us getting a victory.

diabsoule
12-04-2006, 03:27 PM
I think the key to us winning is keeping pressue off of Drew. If he has time to complete passes then we stand a good chance of winning. You've seen what happens when defenses really pressue the QB with us, like Pittsburgh and Baltimore, Drew seems to rush into making his decisions with the ball and we turn it over.

This ball game is going to be won in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

Flyboy
12-04-2006, 03:30 PM
Agreed. If we can contain the pressure that Dallas will throw at us with Ware, Williams, etc. then I really do like our chances. However, I feel it's essential that we fluster Tony Romo as much as possible as well. Hopefully, since Payton knows his strengths and weaknesses we'll call up some good blitz's.

Flyboy
12-04-2006, 03:31 PM
Also, Deuce HAS to have a big game for us. I don't care if Reggie has a game like he did yesterday or not.. as long as we get the win, I'm happy.

49ersfan_87
12-04-2006, 04:20 PM
Good game guys. Too bad bush had a monster day against us, but it looks like hes finally got the light on. If he can produce like that on a consistent basis your offense is gona be even nastier than it already is, which is scary. Anyways, congrats on the win. You guys earned it.

diabsoule
12-04-2006, 05:07 PM
Good game guys. Too bad bush had a monster day against us, but it looks like hes finally got the light on. If he can produce like that on a consistent basis your offense is gona be even nastier than it already is, which is scary. Anyways, congrats on the win. You guys earned it.

Thank you. I'm happy for the win as well. I'm glad that Bush turned it on too yesterday and we really needed him to get going. Hopefully he can keep it up.

I like the ways you guys are playing. I like the direction Nolan has you guys going in.

portermvp84
12-05-2006, 09:52 AM
It should be a good match up Sunday, It's the game of the week. I'm so exctited to watch it.

diabsoule
12-05-2006, 01:51 PM
It should be a good match up Sunday, It's the game of the week. I'm so exctited to watch it.

I'm really excited for this game. It has HUGE playoff implications.

Flyboy
12-05-2006, 02:17 PM
Indeed. We control our destiny. Basically, it's a potential matchup to see who's going to be the #2 seed in the NFC.

Number 10
12-05-2006, 02:27 PM
Big game here for you guys. I am praying you guys can sneak out of there with a win. Only issue is that Brees may struggle with the deep ball...Dallas' secondary doesn't get beat deep very often.

LSU Man
12-05-2006, 02:44 PM
THIS JUST IN : Hollis Thomas suspended for 4 games for violating the league's policy on anabolic steroids and supplements.

Damn this sucks. Lets hope Will Smith is ready.

Flyboy
12-05-2006, 03:22 PM
We didn't use the deep ball against the 49ers to win... this might just be the type of game that we try to grind out on the ground. I like Deuce's chances against the run defense of Dallas.

Yeah, just found out about Hollis Thomas. This is HUGE for us.. and hurts us greatly. And rumor is, Will Smith might be out for a MONTH. :? :(

diabsoule
12-05-2006, 07:38 PM
The Hollis Thomas news sucks. This is a huge blow to our Run D. I think the suspension is BS but what are you going to do. We need Will Smith back now.
If he's out for a month then this is going to hurt us big time too.

The only positive is that we'll get them back for the playoffs.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
12-05-2006, 07:55 PM
Look at it this way... Hollis was playing really well, but could our run D really be that much worse without him? We weren't all that great at stopping the run even with him.

I think the suspension is complete and total crap, but we'll get by without him. We need Will Smith back soon, though.

LSU Man
12-06-2006, 02:28 PM
The Key to this game is our WR and our D-line. While i want both Colston and Horn back i will do with one of them.

Flyboy
12-06-2006, 07:47 PM
I think protecting Brees and a steady run game is essential to us winning. As well as our defensive stepping up big time.

I saw that you picked against the Saints', dia. For shame, sir.

diabsoule
12-06-2006, 09:52 PM
I think protecting Brees and a steady run game is essential to us winning. As well as our defensive stepping up big time.

I think losing Hollis Thomas just really hurts us.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
12-07-2006, 09:33 AM

It really doesn't hurt that much. So what, teams are going to be able to run on us all of a sudden? We haven't been that great at stopping the run all season. Thomas is far and away our best run stopper, but that's not saying much.

I'd be much more worried about the health of Will Smith, Marques Colston, and Joe Horn.

diabsoule
12-07-2006, 11:55 AM

It really doesn't hurt that much. So what, teams are going to be able to run on us all of a sudden? We haven't been that great at stopping the run all season. Thomas is far and away our best run stopper, but that's not saying much.

I'd be much more worried about the health of Will Smith, Marques Colston, and Joe Horn.

I AM worried about the health of those three. We need all them to be very successful, or more successful than we would be without them. In order for us to win, we need those three on the field against Dallas. Thomas really helps shore up the run game but in order to help put pressue on the QB we need Smith and in order to put points on the board and gain yards through the air we need either Horn or Colston, preferably both.

Flyboy
12-07-2006, 10:21 PM

FOR SHAME, SIR! :|

diabsoule
12-08-2006, 06:45 AM

FOR SHAME, SIR! :|

I know. I'm sorry.

diabsoule
12-09-2006, 01:29 AM
What's the status of Colston, Horn, and Smith for the game?

Flyboy
12-09-2006, 10:39 AM
No one really knows concerning Horn/Colston. Some reports says Colston will play others say he won't. I think Payton is trying to use the media to throw the Cowboys completely off. With anything, I think he'll be a gametime decision. I don't think Horn will play but being it's such a huge game he might try to tough it out. I think Will Smith is pretty much a lock to play.

MikeD
12-09-2006, 03:13 PM
Lets go, I would love to see a good old fasion a*% woopin on the cowboys! Plus I picked you guys and the dolphins as my sleeper superbowl teams. My opinion, you guys are a couple defensive players away from having a dynasty, straight up.

diabsoule
12-09-2006, 08:39 PM
Lets go, I would love to see a good old fasion a*% woopin on the cowboys! Plus I picked you guys and the dolphins as my sleeper superbowl teams. My opinion, you guys are a couple defensive players away from having a dynasty, straight up.

We need some help all over the place, even WR and QB. We could use a WR to take over for Horn, a QB to backup Brees and develop, some help along the O-line to help open holes especially at LG and RT, but defense is where we need a lot of help especially at CB, DT, and LB.

Flyboy
12-09-2006, 09:27 PM
What he said. :)

Flyboy
12-10-2006, 10:37 AM
Injury report update:

Horn is out. Colston is a game-time decision.

smittyjs
12-10-2006, 10:59 AM
Injury report update:

Horn is out. Colston is a game-time decision.Damn.....

diabsoule
12-10-2006, 03:30 PM
Injury report update:

Horn is out. Colston is a game-time decision.

that's a bummer. that really hurts our passing game.

Flyboy
12-10-2006, 05:30 PM
Reports have it that Colston will indeed play tonight.

Flyboy
12-10-2006, 07:14 PM
It's go time, guys. Time to see how good we are. Let's go Saints.

sweetness34
12-10-2006, 08:13 PM
GO SAINTS!

diabsoule
12-10-2006, 10:28 PM
Wow, the Saints have outperformed the Cowboys in every phase of the game. This is great. I didn't think they would play this well, especially with the loss of Thomas, but Leisle filled in nicely and they really have proven that they are the #2 if not the #1 team in the NFC.

Damn it feels good to be a winner.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-10-2006, 10:32 PM
wow i thought this game was gonna be a good one but it was more of a blowout.good job.

diabsoule
12-10-2006, 10:34 PM
wow i thought this game was gonna be a good one but it was more of a blowout.good job.

I thought it was going to be very close too. I love making a statement over Dallas though considering there the team I hate most in the league.

sweetness34
12-10-2006, 10:35 PM
WHOOOT GO SAINTS!!

Shiver
12-10-2006, 10:36 PM
We play the Cowboys next week, your win helps us;

Sean Payton showed the whole NFL the previously unseen flaws of the Cowboys.
If we beat the Cowboys we leap-frog them into the post-season.
No more of this Romomania.

So thanks.

diabsoule
12-10-2006, 10:36 PM
This was one hell of a game. I can't believe we beat Dallas like that. I'm on cloud ****** 9 right now.

steelcrew43
12-10-2006, 10:39 PM
what was the score i didnt watch

sweetness34
12-10-2006, 10:39 PM

42-17 I believe.

diabsoule
12-10-2006, 10:48 PM

42-17 I believe.

Yup. 42-17. Complete blowout. I'm shocked. I thought it was going to be close.

Flyboy
12-10-2006, 11:14 PM
*chestbumps dia* And you picked against us. ALWAYS BELIEVE!

sweetness34
12-10-2006, 11:16 PM

I picked you guys in the Pick Em, ah thank ya! :D

Poet3334
12-10-2006, 11:50 PM
We play the Cowboys next week, your win helps us;

Sean Payton showed the whole NFL the previously unseen flaws of the Cowboys.
If we beat the Cowboys we leap-frog them into the post-season.
No more of this Romomania.

So thanks.

One problem: You don't have anything close to the Saints personnel.

Poet3334
12-10-2006, 11:51 PM
Great game guys. It was total domination.

diabsoule
12-11-2006, 12:19 AM

Yeah, I feel like a schmuk because of it, but like I've said before it feels great to be wrong.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
12-11-2006, 11:03 AM

Yeah, I feel like a schmuk because of it, but like I've said before it feels great to be wrong.

How does that crow taste? :lol:

When our offense is clicking and we don't turn the ball over, nobody can beat us. NOBODY.

Flyboy
12-11-2006, 11:14 AM

When our offense is clicking and we don't turn the ball over, nobody can beat us. NOBODY.

Pretty much. And our defense has been pretty solid as well.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-11-2006, 02:12 PM
I'm really hoping Saints make the playoffs.

bearsfan_51
12-11-2006, 02:17 PM

Come to Chicago in the winter partner. Your fun-and-gun offense will be limited to three yards and a cloud of snow.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
12-11-2006, 02:34 PM

Come to Chicago in the winter partner. Your fun-and-gun offense will be limited to three yards and a cloud of snow.

Doubt it.

bearsfan_51
12-11-2006, 03:28 PM

Doubt it.
Saints beat one good team and all of the sudden they are saucy. :lol:

I like it.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
12-11-2006, 03:35 PM

Doubt it.

I like it.

We play the schedule that we're given. And don't even act like the Bears have more than 1 win (Seattle) against good teams.

Let it be known that I never said that the Saints would beat Chicago. I said when our offense is clicking and we don't turn the ball over, nobody can beat us, period. Including Chicago.

ShutDwn
12-11-2006, 03:50 PM

Doubt it.

I like it.

You aren't allowed to talk smack about the Bears after what Smith did to them.

I would rather have the Saints team with a great QB and his arsenal than I would have Grossman.

Defense is important, but great QB play is better.

diabsoule
12-11-2006, 04:16 PM

Doubt it.

I like it.

You aren't allowed to talk smack about the Bears after what Smith did to them.

I would rather have the Saints team with a great QB and his arsenal than I would have Grossman.

Defense is important, but great QB play is better.

Exactly. outside of a division loss, three of our losses have come against AFC North teams, whereas the Bears losses have come to AFC East teams. Not to mention the fact that the Bears schedule was a cake walk when considering the Saints schedule. The Saints have beat four teams with winning records, and a few who are on the verge, while the Bears have beaten 3 teams with a winning record, and several who are on the verge.

Saints fans can talk smack because we haven't been able to feel like this about our team since 2000 and even this feeling here is a different feeling now because our coach inspires confidence and our QB play is different, hell, our whole team is different.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
12-11-2006, 04:23 PM
I get the feeling that people are quick to discredit the Saints based on their history. This is a completely different team, and it's GOOD. Like, best team in the NFC good.

bigbluedefense
12-11-2006, 04:25 PM
Guys, if the Giants don't make the playoffs or lose in the playoffs, Im rooting for the Saints to win it all.

Its been far too long, Saints fans deserve it.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
12-11-2006, 04:26 PM
Guys, if the Giants don't make the playoffs or lose in the playoffs, Im rooting for the Saints to win it all.

Its been far too long, Saints fans deserve it.

Thanks bro.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-11-2006, 04:28 PM
Finish the sentence:

The New Orleans Saints will score __________ (More/Less) than 80 points against the Redskins.

sweetness34
12-11-2006, 04:35 PM
Dallas, Chicago, and New Orleans are still the class of the NFC and then everyone else comes in. We'll see come playoff time who's for real and who's not.

diabsoule
12-11-2006, 06:14 PM
Finish the sentence:

The New Orleans Saints will score __________ (More/Less) than 80 points against the Redskins.

The Saints will score Less than 80 points because Sean Payton is happy with a comfortable lead.

diabsoule
12-11-2006, 06:14 PM
Dallas, Chicago, and New Orleans are still the class of the NFC and then everyone else comes in. We'll see come playoff time who's for real and who's not.

Exactly, and I can't wait. I'm ready to see what we can do in the playoffs and hopefully we don't get bounced too quickly, like we have been prone to do in the past.

bearsfan_51
12-11-2006, 06:55 PM
I never said that the Saints weren't allowed to be excited. I meant it, I like Saints fans talking trash. Good for you, it's fun.

But........

I would take a good defense over a good offense any day of the week. Pat yourselfs on the back all you want, but if we can get healthy on defense (ie: if Tommie Harris isn't done for the year, which is a BIG if) no offense but the Saints don't seem as much of a threat to me as the Cowboys and the Seahawks do. Just a personel reflection.

And both teams have had a cakewalk schedule. Don't kid yourselves. You've beaten the Cowboys and nobody else of worth. Don't kid yourself into thinking the Falcons or Eagles are worth a ****. That kind of talk makes you look like Saints fans of last year, not this year.

As for being the best team in the NFC, of course you are. Just ask Sean Salisbury and the rest of the talking heads at ESPN. They haven't been wrong since last week when Tony Romo and the Cowboys were the best team in the NFC.

thule
12-12-2006, 04:45 AM
You guys played a great game. Definately getting a lot of respect from me. I'm just here to eat crow for the Henderson bet. Congrats.

diabsoule
12-12-2006, 05:25 AM
I never said that the Saints weren't allowed to be excited. I meant it, I like Saints fans talking trash. Good for you, it's fun.

But........

I would take a good defense over a good offense any day of the week. Pat yourselfs on the back all you want, but if we can get healthy on defense (ie: if Tommie Harris isn't done for the year, which is a BIG if) no offense but the Saints don't seem as much of a threat to me as the Cowboys and the Seahawks do. Just a personel reflection.

And both teams have had a cakewalk schedule. Don't kid yourselves. You've beaten the Cowboys and nobody else of worth. Don't kid yourself into thinking the Falcons or Eagles are worth a ***********. That kind of talk makes you look like Saints fans of last year, not this year.

As for being the best team in the NFC, of course you are. Just ask Sean Salisbury and the rest of the talking heads at ESPN. They haven't been wrong since last week when Tony Romo and the Cowboys were the best team in the NFC.

Sean Salisbury is worthless. The only opinion I care about on ESPN is Jaws cuz he actually knows what he's talking about.

The Bears have a great defense but their D has taken a hit now that Tommie Harris is out for the year.

The Bears play the Viqueesn, the Lion cubs, and the Fudge packers. We play the Panthers, G-Men, and 'Skins. How are both of our schedules a cake walk? The Saints have by far the hardest schedule when compared to yours.

We can say we beat good teams cuz who would have seen the Saints doing this kind of stuff this season? Did you, Jim Rome? I don't think so. The Saints were overlooked and now we're a contender and a Bears fan is going to tell us that we can't have our time in the sun? Bite me. Your schedule has been far easier than ours, with a tremendous D that you guys have had for years. We have a team with 34 players on it that weren't on the team last year. You make it seem like the Saints and Bears are on even playing fields. Stop trying to downplay the Bears and own up to the fact that the Bears have been underachieving because Grossman is a featherweight as a QB, the Panthers burn you guys in the playoffs, and you got pwned by the Dolphins. We got beat by the defending Super Bowl champs who are making a run now, a Ravens team who is kicking ass in their division, a Bengals team who is looking red hot ,and a Panthers team who is a division rival. Yeah, Saints fans are allowed to talk smack but you give us every reason in the book why the Bears are better and basically tell us why we can't. Give it up, dude. Saints fans can talk smack cuz we have never been this good, have never had the kind of attitude we've been playing with, have never had this kind of hope in our team, have never had a feeling of faith in being able to believe our team can win every game we play and are disappointed that we actually lost, and that we are actually competitors. Stop trying to make the Bears out to be a martyr. Saints fans have been martyrs in the past and no matter how many losing seasons the Bears have had, the Saints have had far more.

If we meet in the playoffs we will see which team is better. My bet is on the Saints. Drew Brees has been able to do what he can agains the top defenses in the league and as this season has progressed our QB play and team chemistry has gotten better. Grossman's has gotten worse. This game against the Rams is a fluke as far as I'm concerned until he can prove he can have this kind of game against good teams, and we won't know that until the playoffs.

diabsoule
12-12-2006, 05:26 AM
You guys played a great game. Definately getting a lot of respect from me. I'm just here to eat crow for the Henderson bet. Congrats.

Way to be a good sport. You mind if I save that sig for future use?

thule
12-12-2006, 05:27 AM

If you want it I'll send it to you on saturday.

diabsoule
12-12-2006, 05:33 AM

If you want it I'll send it to you on saturday.

Awesome. Thanks.

Flyboy
12-12-2006, 07:07 AM
Awesome post, dia. Completely owned.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
12-12-2006, 07:50 AM

But........

And both teams have had a cakewalk schedule. Don't kid yourselves. You've beaten the Cowboys and nobody else of worth. Don't kid yourself into thinking the Falcons or Eagles are worth a ***********. That kind of talk makes you look like Saints fans of last year, not this year.

Sean Salisbury is worthless. The only opinion I care about on ESPN is Jaws cuz he actually knows what he's talking about.

The Bears have a great defense but their D has taken a hit now that Tommie Harris is out for the year.

The Bears play the Viqueesn, the Lion cubs, and the Fudge packers. We play the Panthers, G-Men, and 'Skins. How are both of our schedules a cake walk? The Saints have by far the hardest schedule when compared to yours.

We can say we beat good teams cuz who would have seen the Saints doing this kind of stuff this season? Did you, Jim Rome? I don't think so. The Saints were overlooked and now we're a contender and a Bears fan is going to tell us that we can't have our time in the sun? Bite me. Your schedule has been far easier than ours, with a tremendous D that you guys have had for years. We have a team with 34 players on it that weren't on the team last year. You make it seem like the Saints and Bears are on even playing fields. Stop trying to downplay the Bears and own up to the fact that the Bears have been underachieving because Grossman is a featherweight as a QB, the Panthers burn you guys in the playoffs, and you got pwned by the Dolphins. We got beat by the defending Super Bowl champs who are making a run now, a Ravens team who is kicking ass in their division, a Bengals team who is looking red hot ,and a Panthers team who is a division rival. Yeah, Saints fans are allowed to talk smack but you give us every reason in the book why the Bears are better and basically tell us why we can't. Give it up, dude. Saints fans can talk smack cuz we have never been this good, have never had the kind of attitude we've been playing with, have never had this kind of hope in our team, have never had a feeling of faith in being able to believe our team can win every game we play and are disappointed that we actually lost, and that we are actually competitors. Stop trying to make the Bears out to be a martyr. Saints fans have been martyrs in the past and no matter how many losing seasons the Bears have had, the Saints have had far more.

If we meet in the playoffs we will see which team is better. My bet is on the Saints. Drew Brees has been able to do what he can agains the top defenses in the league and as this season has progressed our QB play and team chemistry has gotten better. Grossman's has gotten worse. This game against the Rams is a fluke as far as I'm concerned until he can prove he can have this kind of game against good teams, and we won't know that until the playoffs.

Niiiiiiice. 8)

bearsfan_51
12-12-2006, 08:55 AM

But........

So you've lost to more good teams, and that means what exactely? I'm missing the point. Find me more than one good team that you've beaten, or your point makes no sense. And no, the Falcons and the Eagles dont' count.

The NFC South nothing. What an insanely overated division. The Bucs are up for grabs for the worst team in the NFL, the Panthers are sub .500, the Falcons just plain suck. The Saints are the only good team. In fact, we swept the NFC South just last year. Yeah we lost in the playoffs, but even 4-1 is pretty dominant.

I'm not arguing that you can't be excited or talk trash. Like I said, I encourage it. But you're going to get a response when you say "nobody can stop our offense". Horseshit. You know who can stop your offense? Well you can start with the 4 teams that beat you.

I'm sure you would think the Saints could beat us. Maybe you're right. But just because you're 9-4 doesn't mean you can whip your dick around an nobody can argue with you. I don't care if you're "America's Team" this year or not.

And if you actually think I'm Jim Rome, we should end this debate, and I can introduce you to a nice man in a lab coat to have a "chat".

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
12-12-2006, 09:36 AM
I'm not arguing that you can't be excited or talk trash. Like I said, I encourage it. But you're going to get a response when you say "nobody can stop our offense". Horseshit. You know who can stop your offense? Well you can start with the 4 teams that beat you.

:roll:

The teams that beat us couldn't stop us from moving the ball. We put up 407 yards on Carolina, 403 on Baltimore, 517 on Pittsburgh, and 595 on Cincinnati. You're forgetting the second part of my statement, which is if our offense is clicking and we don't turn the ball over, nobody can beat us.

Carolina was the only team that beat us straight up; in every other loss we gave the game to the other team with an excess of turnovers. Not that it matters because a loss is a loss, I'm just saying.

Get that BS out of here.

ShutDwn
12-12-2006, 02:25 PM
The Bears are not as great a defensive team as you apparently think they are.

Tom Brady did fine against them, Drew Bree's is the same level QB. Combine that with McAlister and Bush, and than throw in a 5 wide, the Saints can go against anyone.

Basically, you got owned in this thread because all you do is spout off about how great the Bears are, or how great this player is, when the Bears haven't really done much.

The Bears are just a worse version of the 05 Steelers.

bearsfan_51
12-12-2006, 02:33 PM
The Bears are not as great a defensive team as you apparently think they are.

Tom Brady did fine against them, Drew Bree's is the same level QB. Combine that with McAlister and Bush, and than throw in a 5 wide, the Saints can go against anyone.

Basically, you got owned in this thread because all you do is spout off about how great the Bears are, or how great this player is, when the Bears haven't really done much.

The Bears are just a worse version of the 05 Steelers.
The Bears aren't that great, but they're better than the Saints. The Patriots also have a defense, big difference. Not to mention that we played that game on the road in the regular season, turned the ball over I don't even know how many times, and still only lost by 4 points.

And the '05 Steelers would beat this Saints team any day of the week. The Saints are a fun team to watch, and I actually am rooting for them, but I find it absolutely incredible how much everyone has completely jumped off the Tony Romo hype train and onto the Saints hype train. Since when did they become the favorites in the NFC? Outside of the Grossman argument (which does have some validity I'll admit) it makes no sense to me why we aren't still the favorites, if for no other reason than the field is so terrible. I actually think next to the Bears, the Cowboys, Seahawks, or Giants all have better shots at beating us in Chicago out of the NFC because when they are on they have the ability to both run and shut down the run, something the Saints do not. They beat the Cowboys because they completely abandoned even trying to run the football for reasons that are well beyond me.

The Saints game in New York should be a good barometer at how well they can play on the road in a harsh enviroment and run the ball. If they win that game then I'll give them more credence.

bearsfan_51
12-12-2006, 02:41 PM
By the way, I'm not trying to take over the Saints forum, and I apologize for doing so. This is my last post, just putting my two cents in, good luck going towards the playoffs and we'll likely see you when you get there.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
12-12-2006, 02:53 PM
By the way, I'm not trying to take over the Saints forum, and I apologize for doing so. This is my last post, just putting my two cents in, good luck going towards the playoffs and we'll likely see you when you get there.

Translation: I can't take getting owned one more time in this thread, so I'm out. :lol:

LSU Man
12-12-2006, 03:48 PM
Bearsfan=OWNED :lol:

Ok now that i've gotten that laugh out. I wish people would stop saying we're a super bowl team. It jinxes us. When your a Saints fan you can't get to excited. Oh by the way Brees For President :D

diabsoule
12-12-2006, 04:01 PM

But........

So you've lost to more good teams, and that means what exactely? I'm missing the point. Find me more than one good team that you've beaten, or your point makes no sense. And no, the Falcons and the Eagles dont' count.

The NFC South nothing. What an insanely overated division. The Bucs are up for grabs for the worst team in the NFL, the Panthers are sub .500, the Falcons just plain suck. The Saints are the only good team. In fact, we swept the NFC South just last year. Yeah we lost in the playoffs, but even 4-1 is pretty dominant.

I'm sure you would think the Saints could beat us. Maybe you're right. But just because you're 9-4 doesn't mean you can whip your dick around an nobody can argue with you. I don't care if you're "America's Team" this year or not.

And if you actually think I'm Jim Rome, we should end this debate, and I can introduce you to a nice man in a lab coat to have a "chat".

Here's a comparison of teams with winning records that both the Saints and Bears have won against. I'll start with the Bears first.
Seattle (8-5)
NY Giants (7-6)
NY Jets (7-6)

Here are the Saints wins against opponents with winning records:
Atlanta (7-6) Twice
Philadelphia (7-6)
Dallas (8-5)

The combined records of the remaining opponents of the Bears is 14-25.
The combined records of the remaining opponents of the Saints is 17-22.

Also take into consideration that the Bears play no team that is in playoff contention while the Saints play two teams that are, and it shows you that the Saints have the harder schedule.

You say that it doesn't count that we won against Atlanta and Philadelphia. Then I guess it doesn't count that you beat the Giants or Jets either because after all, both teams have had their problems this year much like the Falcons and Eagles, and well, I just can't give you credit for those wins based on that logic. Let's see here, Philly is still in the playoff hunt right now. When we played them both teams were 4-1 and still working through some kinks, but the Eagles at the time, had beaten more respectable teams. We played them and beat them. Atlanta has been a Saints division rival for over 30 years and to discredit a sweep over a division rival, who is in the playoff hunt as well, is just plain dumb especially when you consider that there is no love lost at all between those two teams and they would love to ruin our playoff chances.

Ok, so you ran roughshod over the NFC South last year. Congratulations. It's great that you guys also had a winning record and secured home field advantage as well, however, the NFC South sent two teams to the playoffs last year when the NFC North only sent one. It is also said that while regular season success is sweet, post season success is what matters. If my recollections serves me correct, the Panthers went to Soldier Field and won 29-21. So it was great that you swept the NFC South in the regular season but when it counted you guys dropped the ball. While we're on the topic of how "overrated" the NFC South is, let's look at the NFC North a bit. While both divisions have two teams who are clearly the class of their division right now, the rest of each division are a bit of a mixed bag.
In the NFC South you have the Atlanta Falcons who seem to have a big of an identity crisis but have still managed a 7-6 record and a still clawing for a playoff spot. Their remaining schedule is tough but it is feasible that they could still clinch a playoff berth. The next team is the Carolina Panthers who were preseason Super Bowl favorites. They have had problems this year but are still a game under .500, which isn't bad. They could still make the playoffs if they win out. That can also be said about the second best team in your division, the Minnesota Vikings. While the Vikings have a pretty good running game, their defense is suspect through the passing game and they have a 78 year old out there as QB. The next is the Packers at 5-8 with the immortable Brett Favre and a bunch of children playing next to him. The laughing stock of both of our divisions this year are the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Detroit Lions. So, while you say the NFC South is overrated, they still have two teams fighting for a playoff berth and another team who is one game away from securing one, while the NFC North has one team that has already secured a berth and then one team whose outlook is bleak at best at making the playoffs.
So, if the NFC South is overrated, yet still has 3 teams in the playoff hunt and a team with the third worst record in football, while the NFC North only has 2 and a team with the worst record in the NFL, then what does that make the NFC North?

So, in conclusion, our two wins over two teams in the playoff hunt don't count but the only argument you presented was that the Eagles and Falcons "just aren't that good". Obviously they must be doing something right if they have a winning record AND are in the playoff hunt. But they don't count? Gee... That's a mystery.
The NFC South is overrated when we have a team with the second best record in the NFC, another team fighting for a playoff spot, and another team not far behind that could still make the playoffs. While the NFC North has one team that has already made the playoffs and has the best record in the NFC and another team that could still make the playoffs and that's it. So, while the NFC South has three competitive teams, the NFC North only has two and if the NFC South is overrated with three competitive teams then I don't know what that makes the NFC North? I'll let you and the readers of this figure that one out.

And by the way, I never said that "nobody could stop our offense". I dare you to try and find the paragraph that I said that because I am damn sure that I didn't. All I said was that our offense is now clicking on all cylinders and our QB can dissect any defense in the league.

Oh and you said something about us not being to stop the run. Well, let's just compare both sides of the ball as far as statistics are concerned.

Defense
The Bears have the No. 3 defense in the NFL.
The Saints have the No. 12 defense in the NFL.

The Bears allow 105 rushing yards per game.
The Saints allow 131 rushing yards per game.
So, the Bears win this category but both teams are allowing over 100 yards rushing per game.

The Bears allow 175 passing yards per game.
The Saints allow 184 passing yards per game.
The Bears win this category as well but the Saints are only allowing 9 more passing yards a game. Interesting fact there.

The Bears allow 13 points per game while the Saints allow 20. Ok, so that's a touchdown lead right there. So, while its true the Saints allow far more rushing yards per game than the Bears, by 26 yards more per game, the passing yards allowed per game are very close with the Saints only giving up 9 more yards per game than the Bears.
It's going to be hard gauging the Bears now on how many rushing yards per game that they will give up because out of their final three opponents, no team has a great rushing attack. The Bears may also be vulnerable to the run now that their run-clogging NT Tommie Harris is done for the season.

Offense
New Orleans has the No. 1 offense in the NFL.
Chicago has the No. 20 ranked offense in the NFL.

New Orleans gains 107 rushing yards per game.
Chicago gains 117 rushing yards per game.
So, Chicago rushes for 10 more yards per game than the Saints. Interesting.

New Orleans gains 303 passing yards per game.
Chicago gains 196 passing yards per game.
The Saints gain over 100 yards more per game passing than the Bears.

New Orleans averages 27 points scored per game.
Chicago averages 27 points scored per game.
The only stat that is tied.

So, while Chicago leads in every category but one, passing yards per game, one statitistic, passing yards allowed per game, is very close. The Saints give up 26 more yards rushing per game and the Bears gain 10 more yards rushing per game.
The Bears defense is ranked 9 spots ahead of the Saints while the Saints offense is ranked 19 spots ahead of the Bears. The only thing to take into consideration is the fact that Chicago's run stuffer, NT Tommie Harris, is out for the season, while New Orleans run stuffer, DT Hollis Thomas, will be back in time for the playoffs which is the only time these two teams will meet.

The stats point out that it should be a very close game.

The key to a win against the Bears is to contain the running game and let Rex Grossman beat you.
The key to a win against the Saints is to pressure Drew Brees and force him to make mistakes.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
12-12-2006, 04:01 PM
Bearsfan=OWNED :lol:

Ok now that i've gotten that laugh out. I wish people would stop saying we're a super bowl team. It jinxes us. When your a Saints fan you can't get to excited. Oh by the way Brees For President :D

I don't know about you, but I've never once said the words "Saints" and "Superbowl" together. Even those years when they were doing very well (most notably 2000 and 2002, even going back to 91 and 92) it was almost like you were waiting for something to go wrong. This season is different. This team is good, and I don't think they're setting us all up for disappointment.

Saints in the Superbowl? Why not? They've got as good a chance as any other NFC team to make it.

bearsfan_51
12-12-2006, 04:15 PM
Just a couple of points in response to diabsole since he took the time to write the whole thing out.

-Yards mean absolutely nothing. Nothing. Take for example the game against the Bengals (I believe it was the Bengals) where you drove the ball up and down the field only to hand the ball right over to the defense and get no points.The only stat that really matters is wins and points. Everything else is superfulous. We have a better record by 2 games even before the remaining schedule, and while your schedule is a little harder, to this point it's not much harder. We score just as many points in the Saints, be that by offense, defense, or special teams, and we allow an entire touchdown less a game. ANNNNND less we not forget, any game against the Bears will be in January in Chicago. You don't think that will have any effect on the Saints offense? This is what the whole debate was about in the first place by the way, and it wasn't involved with you

-I never said the North was good, of course it's not, but you made the point that you were winning in the South as if that was anything to give a ***** about. I will be the first to admit that our schedule is absolute cake. But here's the glitch, so is yours. So is every teams in the NFC except for the Giants. You can't use that argument against us. You can say "the Saints have by far the harder schedule when compared to us" but that's simply not true. Both teams have very easy schedules up to this point. And you can't count the final three games because you haven't won them yet. Win on the road against the Giants (like we did) and like I said, my opinion will greatly change.

-The entire original debate was that whatever his name is with way too many letters said "nobody can stop our offense if we don't turn the ball over". You all might be able to toss the ball around in the Dome. I'm very confident in saying that won't happen on the road in wintry conditions in the playoffs. The Saints are going to need to rely on the run and playing good defense if they want to win those games in the playoffs. Every other point you brought up is completely beside the fact.

And the Vikes have a better shot at making the playoffs than the Panthers, just to clarify your point.

Star Wideout
12-12-2006, 11:56 PM
Very Interesting article on the ways that the Saints utilize Deuce/Bush in the same backfield.

Riddle: What has four legs, 12 fleur-de-lis and one Heisman Trophy and has accounted for 62 percent of one team's touches from scrimmage?

Answer: Unlikely backfield partners Deuce McAllister and Reggie Bush.

They are the main components of the Saints' Pony package, which is unique in its scope and efficacy. "It's a great package they're running with those two," 49ers defensive coordinator Billy Davis says. "It's very challenging to defend because nobody has the combination of those two talents, and they are using those talents very effectively."

It isn't that the Saints have reinvented the wheel, but they have put some absolutely filthy chrome rims on it.

Traditionally, teams have dabbled with two halfbacks on the field at the same time but never majored in it. The Saints aren't majoring in it, either, but Pony is one of many reasons they are on the dean's list. The Saints have had Bush and McAllister on the field at the same time on 124 plays, 14 percent of their offensive snaps.

Most teams shy away from playing two halfbacks simultaneously because the second halfback essentially becomes window dressing on most plays, whereas a tight end or fullback could have a more tangible impact at the point of attack. So the issue becomes how does the halfback who doesn't get the ball positively affect the play?

The Saints have dealt with that issue in a variety of ways, most frequently by applying one-back concepts. In other words, they often treat Bush as a wide receiver -- split him out and have him play patty-cake with a cornerback while McAllister busts up the gut. They also have run a number of fake reverses to Bush, then handed off to McAllister with the hope that Bush would lure defenders into taking a step away from McAllister. In a 42-17 win over Dallas last week, Bush ran a fake reverse and Drew Brees went deep to Devery Henderson and completed a 50-yard pass.

Saints coach Sean Payton has used misdirection the way Paul Prudhomme uses cayenne pepper. Against the Niners, Brees faked a handoff to McAllister, then tossed the ball to Bush, who easily scored one of his four touchdowns. On some plays, McAllister helps his offense most by acting like he's getting the ball and getting tackled while Brees throws a swing pass to Bush.

The Saints won't ask either to spring the other with a lead block on the middle linebacker, as they would fullback Mike Karney, but they will ask either to seal off the backside while the other runs in the opposite direction. McAllister also has been used quite a bit in pass protection while Bush runs a route.

The Pony package wouldn't work with just any two backs. It helps that McAllister and Bush have contrasting styles, and it's critical that both have embraced the concept. "It's hard for a running back to be unselfish, but there aren't any two players who are more concerned with winning," Payton says. "It's easier to sell when you're the No. 1 offense in the league, you're in the top five in scoring, No. 1 in third-down conversions and No. 1 in passing. The end result is we are moving the football and scoring."

The challenge for Payton has been to give McAllister enough carries so he can wear down a defense while still giving Bush enough opportunities to make big plays. Payton's goal is to get Bush 15 to 18 touches and McAllister 20 touches a game, but the reality often is affected by the circumstances of each game. That goal has been reached only three times, but the larger goal of winning has been reached nine times, and the Saints are looking more and more like the NFC's finest team.

The contributions of the two backs have been nearly equal. McAllister has 1,065 yards from scrimmage; Bush has 1,092. McAllister has accounted for 54 first downs, Bush for 46. But their fruits have come from different trees. Payton estimates either back could be used on about 75 percent of the Saints' plays, but 25 percent are designed to take advantage of the unique skills of one or the other.

Many of the plays focus on getting Bush mismatched against a bigger, slower defender through presnap motion. Most defenses intend to have a safety or nickel back over Bush when he runs a pass route, but that isn't always as easy to accomplish as it sounds, especially with McAllister in the mix.

This system won't last forever. In the not too distant future, as Bush gets more comfortable in the offense, his talent will demand that he get the ball more. But in the short term, it's serving the players and the offense quite nicely.

The options are endless...

-Faking reverses, screens to Bush to misdirect the LBs, safeties...opens up running lanes, and gets Defenses going 1 way.

-If the Defender with backside contain responsibility isn't respecting the reverse Bush is a threat to take it the house.

- If teams stack the box that opens up the receiving game, I think he's a bit overlooked but Devery Henderson is sort of the X-factor in this offense...he's a big play threat.

Flyboy
12-13-2006, 12:37 AM
Yeah, I just read that a few hours ago. Damned good piece. And, if you want proof of the unselfishness of the two if you re-watch the Dallas/Saints game when Reggie breaks for his TD on the sideline you can see Deuce going completely crazy and cheering him on. We won't have the combination forever but for the time being... it's an awesome thing to witness.

Dia has given me an erection with his prior couple of posts. Just owch.

Anyhow... we have Washington this Sunday at home. We win and we clinch the NFC South (how f'n crazy is THAT?). Hopefully, this won't be a trap-game/letdown game for us and we take care of business. Put pressure on Jason Campbell and contain him if he tries to run... Landell Betts, Santana Moss, and Cooley scare me a bit, but hopefully Brees will get plenty of time to pick apart Washington's secondary.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
12-13-2006, 08:45 AM
The game against Washington should be a cakewalk. The key to containing our passing game is getting pressure on Drew. When he has good protection, he can pick apart just about any secondary in the league. Washington's pass rush is near nonexistant. They only have 15 sacks through 13 games, and we've only given up 15 sacks all season. Drew will have time to throw and our offense should have another big game; there's no way Washington is gonna put up as many points as we will.

Saints win, 35-20.

Flyboy
12-13-2006, 09:15 AM
I never look past an opponent and never make a prediction. I always just hope for a win.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
12-13-2006, 09:32 AM
I never look past an opponent and never make a prediction. I always just hope for a win.

Congrats. I'm not looking past Washington (that's why they play the game, etc...) but I'm predicting this will one of our easiest wins of the year.

All signs point to a win. We're the #1 Offense in the NFL; Washington is ranked #23 in defense. We're facing a pretty inexperienced quarterback and our secondary has come on strong with 5 interceptions in the last 2 games. Will Smith has come back an absolute beast, and we should be able to get pressure on Campbell and force him to throw some bad passes that will result in takeaways. Our offense is on a roll with at least 31 points in the last 3 games (all wins) and I think we'll continue that against Washington. Ladell Betts could run all over us but they'll probably have to abandon the run sometime in the 2nd half.

This is as close to a lock as any game we've had all year.

Star Wideout
12-13-2006, 11:57 AM
That's ussually when the craziest of upsets happen...

Saints are really hot right now but all the momentum can shift within a week...no one thought the Bears would lose to the Phinz or the Titans would beat the Colts.

you guys should win but I think the Skins make it uncomfortable, unless they completely collapse.

diabsoule
12-13-2006, 03:53 PM
I don't think we should look past the Redskins and I know Sean Payton won't. It will be a fun game to watch, but I think the Saints will end up being victorious.

diabsoule
12-13-2006, 04:23 PM
This is what I'd like to see for our Day 1 Draft:

Round 1: Buster Davis, ILB
Round 2: Matt Speath, TE
Round 3: DeAndre Jackson, CB

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
12-13-2006, 07:04 PM

I think we absolutely have to take a CB in the first 2 rounds. Unless we sign someone like Asante Samuel or Nate Clements, but even then it's probably a day 1 must.

Rd. 1 - Aaron Ross, CB, Texas
Rd. 2 - Justin Harrell, DT, Tennessee
Rd. 3 (f/PHI) - Desmond Bishop, ILB, California
Rd. 3 - Martrez Milner, TE, Georgia

diabsoule
12-14-2006, 05:46 PM
I could see us going for someone like Aaron Ross or Antoine Cason in the first Rd.

I'd like to see us land Desmond Bishop in the 3rd as well. The only reason I say let us take an MLB in the first is because there will be some really good talent there and it would be a reach going for a CB by the time we pick.

I know DeAndre Jackson was having a very good season before he tore his ACL. Cornerbacks usually recover well from those type of injuries so I would expect him to be in good form once we drafted him and also he would probably be available in the 3rd so we could use the 1st two rounds to get a really good MLB, TE, or what have you.

I'd like us to get someone like Steve Smith or Craig Davis in the 4th and really bolster the WR position since Horn doesn't have too much longer left.

diabsoule
12-15-2006, 04:00 PM
Q&A with Mike Karney from Saints.com

http://neworleanssaints.com/newsroomarticle.cfm?articleid=3169

MikeD
12-15-2006, 04:21 PM
I wanted to say thanks for the beatdown on Dallas, I am pulling for the Saints to win the Super Bowl. The only thing better then watching the 49ers win is to watch Dallas or Oakland get their ASS handed to them. I had the luxery of watching Brees throw 5 TDS against my HS in our homecoming game, and you could tell he was the real deal. I think he is the best QB besides Manning or Brady. :P :P

MikeD
12-15-2006, 04:22 PM
I wanted to say thanks for the beatdown on Dallas, I am pulling for the Saints to win the Super Bowl. The only thing better then watching the 49ers win is to watch Dallas or Oakland get their ASS handed to them. I had the luxery of watching Brees throw 5 TDS against my HS in our homecoming game, and you could tell he was the real deal. I think he is the best QB besides Manning or Brady. :P :P

diabsoule
12-15-2006, 04:38 PM
Thanks for the kind words and for the congratulations to our team. I am just happy that Brees was able to recover from his surgery with no lingering effects and he is looking absolutely fantastic this season. He definately has my vote for MVP, because without him our team wouldn't be nearly as good. I think we would have less than half the amount of wins we do now without him as our QB.

But I wouldn't take anything away from your team. The 49ers have some talent on that team and I like the way Mike Nolan is coaching them. He is definately building a contender over there in San Francisco. I was pleasantly suprised that you guys beat Seattle and even though I'm not a huge fan of the 49ers, I always enjoy a good upset.

49ersfan_87
12-15-2006, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the kind words and for the congratulations to our team. I am just happy that Brees was able to recover from his surgery with no lingering effects and he is looking absolutely fantastic this season. He definately has my vote for MVP, because without him our team wouldn't be nearly as good. I think we would have less than half the amount of wins we do now without him as our QB.

But I wouldn't take anything away from your team. The 49ers have some talent on that team and I like the way Mike Nolan is coaching them. He is definately building a contender over there in San Francisco. I was pleasantly suprised that you guys beat Seattle and even though I'm not a huge fan of the 49ers, I always enjoy a good upset.

49ers-saints could be a good rivalry down the road. At the very least im sure people will be interested in gore vs bush. Were years away, but your transformation has been almost magic. But then again, your roster is almost entirely new, and at the biggest spot its new, with qb drew brees bringing some stability over the erratic aaron brooks.

Im gona root for you guys too in the playoffs if we dont make (slim we do anyways) I dont want the cowboys winning a 6th sb before us, and i find the bears the most boring team to watch (no offense to bears fans..) Cant wait to see some more plays from reggie

LSU Man
12-16-2006, 08:26 AM

I think we will sign or trade for Lance Briggs. It's just a feeling i have. Then i think we will take the best CB available with our first pick.

diabsoule
12-16-2006, 02:46 PM
I'd like to see Lance Briggs play for the Saints but can he play MLB? That seems to be the only position that we really need an upgrade at. Or do you guys think we're going to switch to a 3-4 and draft a big NT?

We're going to be drafting at a funky position in the draft especially concerning the players we need. I'd like to see us land Josh Wilson in the second round if Aaron Ross or Fred Bennett are gone.

Flyboy
12-17-2006, 01:34 PM

Congrats. I'm not looking past Washington (that's why they play the game, etc...) but I'm predicting this will one of our easiest wins of the year.

All signs point to a win. We're the #1 Offense in the NFL; Washington is ranked #23 in defense. We're facing a pretty inexperienced quarterback and our secondary has come on strong with 5 interceptions in the last 2 games. Will Smith has come back an absolute beast, and we should be able to get pressure on Campbell and force him to throw some bad passes that will result in takeaways. Our offense is on a roll with at least 31 points in the last 3 games (all wins) and I think we'll continue that against Washington. Ladell Betts could run all over us but they'll probably have to abandon the run sometime in the 2nd half.

Ehh... I knew I had a bad feeling about this game for a reason.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
12-17-2006, 01:40 PM

Ehh... I knew I had a bad feeling about this game for a reason.

As bad as we've played, it's just a one score game. I have a feeling we'll come out strong.

Flyboy
12-17-2006, 01:42 PM
We better hope Sean Payton got into our players asses at halftime. Coming out in the 2nd half and not scoring and giving the ball right back to Washington would be killer.

Poet3334
12-17-2006, 03:03 PM
As soon as you get on a roll, it comes crashing down on you. It's been a crazy year.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
12-17-2006, 03:10 PM
The reason we lost this game was offensive line play. Washington's O-Line played great and kept the pressure off Campbell, and our O-Line play was just sad.

The key to stopping our offense is getting pressure on Drew, so this needs to be fixed.

diabsoule
12-17-2006, 03:16 PM
I'd like to see our defense send pressure a little more than we do. I think we play way too conservative on D.

This was a big let down. I had a feeling that this might happen but I had hope that we would come out and win a close won. We need to right the ship and finish strong against the Giants and Panthers.

The only positive out of this game is that we clinched the NFC South and a playoff spot.

What happened to Deuce? I didn't see much of him in the 2nd half.

diabsoule
12-17-2006, 06:32 PM
I'm starting to become thankful for the loss. We are now grounded and will become more determined and focused on our final two games.

We must now win out, which is something I think we can do.

ny10804
12-18-2006, 10:31 AM
Guys, just letting you know every Packer fan on earth will be rooting for you versus the Giants. We NEED you to win.

diabsoule
12-18-2006, 05:02 PM
Guys, just letting you know every Packer fan on earth will be rooting for you versus the Giants. We NEED you to win.

Thanks, man, we love the support. Hopefully the cheers we get in Packerland will help us beat the G-men.

Number 10
12-18-2006, 06:13 PM
If the over/under for Brees passing yards is 600.....take the over.

I have been dreading this game for so long now and to think this could make ore break our year.....ugh.

Flyboy
12-18-2006, 10:23 PM
The Giants scare me. Offensively? Tiki, Shockey, and Plax. If Manning gets time (which Jason Campbell had PLENTY of yesterday) then it's going to be a LOOOONG day for us.

I didn't see the PHI/NYG game, but I know that the Giants' run defense isn't all that and neither is the secondary but if Brees is rushed then... ugh. I'm worried about this game. Just hoping for a damn win.

Flyboy
12-18-2006, 10:51 PM
Q&A with Sean Payton:

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/newsroomarticle.cfm?articleid=3181

Man, I really love Payton. Just reading his interviews... you can just tell that he's a good coach.

diabsoule
12-19-2006, 12:57 AM
The Giants scare me. Offensively? Tiki, Shockey, and Plax. If Manning gets time (which Jason Campbell had PLENTY of yesterday) then it's going to be a LOOOONG day for us.

I didn't see the PHI/NYG game, but I know that the Giants' run defense isn't all that and neither is the secondary but if Brees is rushed then... ugh. I'm worried about this game. Just hoping for a damn win.

I'm not that scared. I think this is going to be a good game. The only thing that our D Coordinator, Gary Gibbs, needs to do is to put pressure on Manning. We haven't blitzed that much but that is something we must do. Without Hollis Thomas, our front four doesn't get much pressue. We have to send a linebacker. I also think we need to put Danny Clark in at MLB for this game. He's a whole lot better against the run than Simoneau is and with the G-Men's rushing attack, he would help us out a whole lot more.

On offense we have to take more shots downfield. The Giants secondary is questionable and I think the same opportunites that were presented to us in the Cowboys game will be there in this game. We can't take too many shots, though, we have to come out and fire one down field to make the Giants know that we will do it. Then we come back with some foutes out in the flat, some dump offs, screen passes, etc... We have to give them a steady amount of Deuce as well. Reggie can't run between the tackles but Deuce can do it effectively.

One thing the Eagles were able to do effectively is to make a gameplan around Brian Westbrook. We have a player in Reggie Bush that is similar to Westbrook. But there is a difference that separates us and the Eagles. We have Deuce, whereas the Eagles have Correll Buckhalter. The two players can't be compared. We have to show the Giants the Pony Package a lot as we have had a lot of success coming out of it.

This is a game we must win. We can not lose this game. I like the determination and focus the Saints showed after the loss Sunday. They aren't happy with just winning the NFC South. They want that #2 seed. I believe Sean Payton will have a great gameplan made up for this game.

LSU Man
12-19-2006, 02:49 PM
Anyone else notice the pattern to the Saints winning and losing?
It's like they win 3 or 4 then lose 1 or two win 2 or 3 lose 1. I hope the pattern doesn't repeat itself these next two games and into the playoffs

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
12-19-2006, 05:40 PM
Congrats to the 3 Saints who have made the Pro Bowl (ALL STARTERS!): Drew Brees, Jammal Brown, and Will Smith.

I think 2 others got snubbed, but I understand why. Mike Karney is one of the better run blocking FB's in the league but he isn't exactly well known. And Colston could have got in, but it's hard to complain with all the other talented WR's in the NFC.

Congrats guys!

Deuce26Deuce
12-19-2006, 07:08 PM
I want to start out by sayin Hi to my fellow Saint fans. I have loved the Saints for many years and it nice to see them back in the Playoffs.

diabsoule
12-20-2006, 02:17 AM
I want to start out by sayin Hi to my fellow Saint fans. I have loved the Saints for many years and it nice to see them back in the Playoffs.

Hello. We welcome another Saints fan on this board as we need more.

It is good to see them in the playoffs but here's hoping we win our next two game. *Cheers*.

diabsoule
12-21-2006, 03:12 AM
Is Joe Horn going to be able to play this Sunday or is he out?

diabsoule
12-22-2006, 01:14 PM
Huge game coming up this Sunday. I'm really excited about it. I got my Saints hat, shirt, and foam finger in the mail the other day.

diabsoule
12-23-2006, 11:15 AM
I won't be on here for a few days but let's Geaux Saints!!!

Jim Jim
12-23-2006, 11:17 AM
I'm rooting for you guys this week. We need you to whoop up on the Giants.

How do you guys see the game going?

Star Wideout
12-23-2006, 11:23 AM
I'll be rooting for the Saints but I think the Giants will win tomorrow, Strahan is returning...and it will be Tiki Barber's final home game.

I think he'll have a monster day.

It should be a very fun game to watch though.

Jim Jim
12-23-2006, 11:26 AM
I think your wideouts will cause match up problems for the Giants secondary.

Flyboy
12-23-2006, 08:44 PM
I don't care how things go... just as long as we pull out a win.

Flyboy
12-24-2006, 03:29 PM
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/5994/ballinmf2.gif

Oh yes.

bearsfan_51
12-24-2006, 03:35 PM
Congrats Saints fans. That was a very big win for you guys. Much bigger than the Cowboys game IMO.

Star Wideout
12-24-2006, 04:45 PM
I'll be rooting for the Saints but I think the Giants will win tomorrow, Strahan is returning...and it will be Tiki Barber's final home game.
I think he'll have a monster day.

Looks like I'm eating crow for that comment, Congrats Saints fans on the win.

Your defense played very well, Tiki didn't get much going.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
12-24-2006, 07:28 PM
Congrats Saints fans. That was a very big win for you guys. Much bigger than the Cowboys game IMO.

Shut up. The Saints are terrible. There are like, 4 or 5 teams in the NFC better than us...

saintsfan912
12-24-2006, 09:03 PM

Shut up. The Saints are terrible. There are like, 4 or 5 teams in the NFC better than us...

I really hope that was sarcasm cause the Saints played like a playoff team today. No turnovers, damn good running game, Brees played well and got plenty of pressure on Eli. Cant wait to pay Carolina back next week.

bearsfan_51
12-24-2006, 09:21 PM

I'd still say 2 or 3 (although the Bears aren't exactely inspiring confidence in me right now), but I said that if the Saints actually won an important game outside of a dome I would give them props, and they did so I am.

smittyjs
12-24-2006, 10:17 PM

I really hope that was sarcasm cause the Saints played like a playoff team today. No turnovers, damn good running game, Brees played well and got plenty of pressure on Eli. Cant wait to pay Carolina back next week.I think it was :lol:

Star Wideout
12-24-2006, 11:18 PM
Caption this pic. :lol:

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/7668/tdcatches3.png

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
12-24-2006, 11:35 PM

I'd still say 2 or 3 (although the Bears aren't exactely inspiring confidence in me right now), but I said that if the Saints actually won an important game outside of a dome I would give them props, and they did so I am.

Name me 2 or 3 NFC teams better than the Saints are right now. Please. I'll give you the Bears. Who else? Seattle? Hardly. They've lost 3 in a row, with 2 of the 3 coming against Arizona and SF. Dallas? Philly? The Giants? We beat them all. It amazes me that you refuse to give the Saints the credit they deserve as being one of the top 2 NFC teams (with Chicago being the other). To say that any team in the NFC outside of Chicago is better than the Saints is absolutely absurd, and I cannot believe that you refuse to acknowledge that fact.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
12-24-2006, 11:36 PM

I think my location sums it up nicely:

Marques Colston = Terrell Owens with fewer headaches and better hands.

:D

bearsfan_51
12-24-2006, 11:40 PM
You may be right actually. I've been very hesitant to give the Saints much credit because they haven't been able to do the two most important things to win in the playoffs, run the ball and stop the run. They did both today. And they won in a tough weather enviroment, another criticism I had of them. I still prefer Dallas over New Orleans despite the Saints blowout of them simply because when Dallas plays up to their ability, they have many more playmakers on defense. If the Saints can beat the Panthers (don't see why they can't) getting the bye will be huge for them though. That extra week of rest has statistically proven to make a huge difference. Not to mention that they'll match up very well with either Dallas or Seattle in a dome enviroment where they'll be able to spread the field and test the speed of each team.

I have nothing personal against the Saints. I really like Sean Payton and have been a huge mark for him since week 1 when I saw them play the Browns live. It just wasn't untill today that I saw them play the type of game needed to win in the playoffs. That being said the Giants completely looked like they didn't give a **** either.

Flyboy
12-24-2006, 11:52 PM

BALLIN'. Duh.

diabsoule
12-25-2006, 02:16 AM
This was a huge win for us. I was worried whenever they threw that long TD pass at the start of the game but calmed down after they didn't do anything after that. I had thought that the Giants would be a tough match but you can tell that they are falling apart and that they aboslutely need to fire Coughlin.

Tomorrow I'm a Philly fan. I hope they beat Dallas so we can get the bye because we need. Plus we get Hollis Thomas back for the playoffs so our run D will get even better.

And I love how we pressured Eli all day. We need to do that more often against opposing QB's esp. Chris Weinke next week.

diabsoule
12-25-2006, 07:32 PM
I don't think we're going to get any respect from any Bears fans until we beat them in the playoffs and then they'll blame their loss on bad officiating, poor coaching, poor play, or anything else that won't give the Saints or any other team credit for beating them.

diabsoule
12-25-2006, 08:21 PM
Thank you, Philadelphia! We are now the #2 seed in the NFC and have a bye week! First time in Saints history. This is awesome.

Flyboy
12-25-2006, 09:06 PM
So unreal. From picking #2 to the 2nd seed in the NFC. Just crazy.

Shiver
12-26-2006, 01:32 AM
If Chicago gets upset, New Orleans will have two home games on the way to the Super Bowl. :shock: My concern regarding the Saints is inexperience, they have a very young team.

diabsoule
12-26-2006, 07:30 AM
If Chicago gets upset, New Orleans will have two home games on the way to the Super Bowl. :shock: My concern regarding the Saints is inexperience, they have a very young team.

I know. I'm shocked two at the fact that we will have two home games if the Bears get upset and that's insane esp. when you consider how loud the Dome is going to be for those two games. I am worried about our inexperience in situations like this but Hollis Thomas, Jay Bellamy, Mike McKenzie, and I believe Scott Fujita have been in playoff games before and Joe Horn and Drew Brees can help out on the offensive side of the ball. I know Reggie Bush played his fair share of big games in college so I don't think the atmosphere surrounding these playoff games will effect him that much. My only concern is if the O-line will keep performing and not bow under the pressure.

yodabear
12-26-2006, 11:22 AM
Can u please beat the Panthers for us?

Thank u,
Rams fans

bearsfan_51
12-26-2006, 11:16 PM
I don't think we're going to get any respect from any Bears fans until we beat them in the playoffs and then they'll blame their loss on bad officiating, poor coaching, poor play, or anything else that won't give the Saints or any other team credit for beating them.
Couldn't be further from the truth. I tipped my hat to the Panthers for absolutely disecting our defense last year. I respect the Saints, I just questioned their ability to play in the playoffs. I'm coming around.

Smokey Joe
12-26-2006, 11:22 PM
Couldn't be further from the truth. I tipped my hat to the Panthers for absolutely disecting our defense last year. I respect the Saints, I just questioned their ability to play in the playoffs. I'm coming around.
I blamed the loss on ****** play and stubburn coaching.

diabsoule
12-28-2006, 10:26 AM
We waived Freddy Mac again to make room for some defensive end. I think this is only for one game though.

Flyboy
12-28-2006, 02:36 PM
I hope Branch gets some carries in the Carolina game -- I have a feeling he's going to be a pretty damn good back in the league.

diabsoule
12-28-2006, 08:31 PM
I hope Branch gets some carries in the Carolina game -- I have a feeling he's going to be a pretty damn good back in the league.

He looks like he'll be pretty good. I want to see more of him. I heard that Delhomme will probably play this Sunday.

Flyboy
12-28-2006, 11:35 PM
Good. I hope Will Smith and Charles Grant have him on the ground all game.

diabsoule
12-30-2006, 12:51 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing some of the backups play Sunday. I heard that Payton only plans on playing the starters for the first half.

Shiver
12-30-2006, 02:50 PM
Well, last night the Falcons team discussion had a Bucs fan attack, involving inappropriate things. Let's just say this isn't the first time. Therefore I will hereby thank Saints fans for being classy. The behavior of Bucs fans makes me appreciate you guys.

Star Wideout
12-30-2006, 05:13 PM
Well, last night the Falcons team discussion had a Bucs fan attack, involving inappropriate things. Let's just say this isn't the first time. Therefore I will hereby thank Saints fans for being classy. The behavior of Bucs fans makes me appreciate you guys.
Lol Bucs fans have some of the worst homers in the NFC South...I remember when they said I was crazy this past off season for trying to say that Simms would struggle, and their Defense will start to show it's age this year...

and what happened? :lol: