PDA

View Full Version : How Long Until Quinn/Russell Start???

JMiah
05-09-2007, 12:20 PM
How long/how many games do you think it will take before Quinn and/or Russell are starting? Or will either win the job at camp?

Personally, I think Quinn will take over mid season, while Russell will take over by game 4...

Your thoughts?

-black
05-09-2007, 12:22 PM
Quinn? the game after Frye throws more than 2 INT's/

Russell? 2008

HuskerNation
05-09-2007, 12:30 PM
There's no way in helll Russell goes all of 2007 without atleast 1 start. Al Davis isn't that patient.

-black
05-09-2007, 12:34 PM
the reason I say that is because I think Walter will improve

-black
05-09-2007, 12:34 PM
could go either way tho, not like im sold on it

Addict
05-09-2007, 12:46 PM
the reason I say that is because I think Walter will improve

God it would be so funny if Walter suddenly starts playing like an All-Pro.

It ain't gonna happen, but... It'd be hilarious.

Acreboy
05-09-2007, 12:48 PM
lets not forget, the Raiders did sign Josh Booty..

Oaktown1981
05-09-2007, 01:25 PM
Russell week 1, Quinn by week 5

moc182
05-09-2007, 01:25 PM
I think Quinn will start from day one, Russell a few games in to the season.

NYGIANTSFAN_UK
05-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Quinn will start instantly, Russell will start when the Raiders are officially out of the play-off running so will have 5 or 6 games to get some playing experience.

J-Hype
05-09-2007, 02:18 PM

they have mccown too

princefielder28
05-09-2007, 02:19 PM
Quinn will start right away and Russell will get his chance late this season or the start of '08

Shiver
05-09-2007, 02:21 PM
Jamarcus Russell will start from game 1. I think he will beat out Josh McCown, and the team will decide it's best to get the kinks out as soon as possible.

Addict
05-09-2007, 02:43 PM
Jamarcus Russel will start after game 1. After losing the opener Al Davis will show no patience and put him in.

Quinn should start game 1.

Xonraider
05-09-2007, 03:22 PM

And traded for McCown.

Creek
05-09-2007, 03:36 PM
I think both are starting by opening day. If both are in competeitions in camp they win out over Frye & Walter/McCown respectivley. Unless either of the franchises make it a point to have their guy sit for awhile and learn, but neither have a solid verteran QB for them to learn from so I don't see that happening.

OhioState
05-09-2007, 04:15 PM
i think that Quinn will start around week 8-10 like Leinart and Cutler. I see Davis putting russel in there right away

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
05-09-2007, 04:20 PM

Well, it happened to Drew Brees. It would be funny if it happened here.

Caddy
05-09-2007, 04:26 PM
Both will start earlier than they should do the the lack of a quality veteran on each respective roster.

Paranoidmoonduck
05-09-2007, 05:23 PM
All three of Walter, Russell, and McCown looked solid at the first mini-camp, but I think McCown get's a good 5-6 starts before Russell steps in.

As for Quinn, he could very well be the starter week 1 if he has a good preseason.

doingthisinsteadofwork
05-09-2007, 06:31 PM
I expect Quinn to be starting at the beginning of the season.He was the most NFL ready QB coming out.Russell will start week 7.

ninerfan
05-09-2007, 06:34 PM
Is it just me but both of these guys are the starting QB right now

Xonraider
05-09-2007, 06:51 PM

McCown appeared first on the depth chart in minicamp, Walter being second, followed by Russell.

All three of them practiced with team 1, 2 and 3 though.

JoeMontainya
05-09-2007, 07:10 PM
Russell will play right away. The point of sitting out is to learn, but not a QB on that roster has anything to teach Russell.

GB12
05-09-2007, 07:11 PM
Russell week 1, Quinn by week 5

Flip them around and it looks good.

RoyHall#1
05-09-2007, 07:21 PM
Flip them around and it looks good.

No, I'd say that's about right, Russel will start right away for sure, Al Davis wants to see some pretty deep balls before he has a heart attack.

GB12
05-09-2007, 07:29 PM
No, I'd say that's about right, Russel will start right away for sure, Al Davis wants to see some pretty deep balls before he has a heart attack.

Well week 5 is a little late, It wouldn't surprise me if they both started right away, I just think Quinn will for sure. I could see Russle on the bench for the first couple games.

keylime_5
05-09-2007, 08:21 PM
It won't take Quinn that long before he breaks the lineup. I think he is just as ready to start as a rookie as Leinart was last year. Charlie Frye has yet to throw for 300 yards in a game, and I think after two games with maybe 1 TD and 4 INTs the staff will throw the future of the franchise into the fire.

Russell has a cannon arm, he will go in after McCown gets killed behind that offensive offensive line. Probably before midseason.

keylime_5
05-09-2007, 08:22 PM
Al Davis wants to see some pretty deep balls before he has a heart attack.

You said it not me.

GiantRutgersFan
05-09-2007, 10:13 PM
Quinn probably will start right away. Fyre is a young player, so theres not much he can teach Quinn. Quinn is very NFL ready as well

The Raiders might go with McCown to start out, but I think by week 5 Russell will go in. As soon as they are 2 games under .500 or McCown has a terrible game

Number 10
05-09-2007, 10:41 PM
Russell will start from day one IMO and the Browns will give Frye another shot a la Drew Brees and the Chargers.

frisby213
05-10-2007, 08:55 PM
Quinn will start from game 1 on. Russell will go start game 4 after the team goes 0-3 and Al loses patience, and realizes he has nowhere to go but up.

kalbears13
05-10-2007, 09:08 PM
I think Quinn will start at latest, week 6 against the Miami Dolphins. The only team that really had quarterback problems that passed on him. It's kind of what they said about Vince Young playing against the Texans in week 8 last year but was put in before that due to Kerry Collins. Russell I think will be put in later. He won't start Week 1 but will start before Week 17.

Beans
05-10-2007, 09:11 PM

Drew Brees pt. 2

kalbears13
05-10-2007, 09:12 PM
Drew Brees pt. 2

Charlie Frye could do it too.

Acreboy
05-10-2007, 09:26 PM

Adam Schefter, reporting on the NFL Network, informed viewers that the Raiders have been impressed with QB Josh McCown. The Raiders would like to "redshirt" rookie JaMarcus Russell as long as possible during his first season and having Josh McCown will give the Raiders the ability to do that.

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/messagetopic.asp?p=4569038

bumblyjack
05-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Neither Quinn nor Russell will start in 07.

Russell is not as prepared to start as McCown is. Lane Kiffin and Al Davis know Russell is not ready and that the offensive line is truly offensive. They will wait a year because they almost have to.

Quinn is not as prepared to start as Charlie Frye is. Phil Savage and offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski will give Quinn time to learn and prepare (like Rivers in SD). Savage already learned what happens when you rush a QB, look at Kyle Boller.

kalbears13
05-11-2007, 08:28 PM
Savage already learned what happens when you rush a QB, look at Kyle Boller.

And the whole Browns organization knows it from Tim Couch.

Hail Browns
05-11-2007, 09:01 PM

Crennel says Frye has a "leg up" on the competition, though I don't expect that leg to last long. Quinn will likely be starting by midseason at the latest, more likely is 2 or 3 games into the season. Russell might start day one, although 5 or 6 games into the season would probably be better for him.

Kalbears, please don't mention Tim Couch. He never excelled because the talent around him was non-existent, and there was no o-line. He actually had a good rookie season, if there is such a thing for a rookie QB. Rushing him in had nothing to do with his failure to become a star.

broncs2bowl
05-11-2007, 09:05 PM
Quinn by week five and Russell when the Raiders get out of playoff contention.....so Russell by week one.

tom
05-12-2007, 10:28 AM
Quinn will get a staff infection and will never play for the browns, and Russell will blow out a knee in the preaseason.

raider_nation
05-12-2007, 10:33 AM
Quinn will start game 3.... Russell will sit out all of the season unless McCown is brutal.. They have big things for McCown...But I say When the raiders are out of the playoff hunt Jamarcus russell starts. week 12

Severe Punishment
05-12-2007, 11:44 AM
The Raiders are a funny team. They pass on Calvin Johnson to take a QB , only to trade for another QB and sign another off of F/A.
THEN to top it off they trade the games best WR of the past 8 years away to leave this newfangledmess of 4 QB's to throw the ball to a disgruntled Jerry Porter and ....not much else.

I know everyone was stroking off Al Davis and the Raiders after draft day...because they got some names....which draftnik's love (because the
more recognizable a prospect the more the draftnik feels like he "knew" the persons potential) however I think the Raiders did as little as they possibly could and actually made their team worse for the immediate future. I like Russell and think he could very well be the next big time QB...however that team is still a dung heap and will win 5 games , no more, this year.

Quinn shouldn't be starting from day 1 either. The Derrick Anderson / Charlie Frye experiment should go on for 7 weeks or so. If the Browns
haven't won more than 2 games by then...he'll see some action then (though I doubt he'd start even then). BQ will eventually be the Browns
starter...but I don't think either QB should be forced to play because of their draft positions. They should play when the team can protect and help them.

kalbears13
05-12-2007, 11:59 AM
The Raiders are a funny team. They pass on Calvin Johnson to take a QB , only to trade for another QB and sign another off of F/A.
THEN to top it off they trade the games best WR of the past 8 years away to leave this newfangledmess of 4 QB's to throw the ball to a disgruntled Jerry Porter and ....not much else.

I know everyone was stroking off Al Davis and the Raiders after draft day...because they got some names....which draftnik's love (because the
more recognizable a prospect the more the draftnik feels like he "knew" the persons potential) however I think the Raiders did as little as they possibly could and actually made their team worse for the immediate future. I like Russell and think he could very well be the next big time QB...however that team is still a dung heap and will win 5 games , no more, this year.

Quinn shouldn't be starting from day 1 either. The Derrick Anderson / Charlie Frye experiment should go on for 7 weeks or so. If the Browns
haven't won more than 2 games by then...he'll see some action then (though I doubt he'd start even then). BQ will eventually be the Browns
starter...but I don't think either QB should be forced to play because of their draft positions. They should play when the team can protect and help them.

The Raiders did sign Mike Williams as a WR and Jamarcus is the type of Quarterback that needs a Veteran to help him.

I think Charlie Frye will be a very servicable backup.

Addict
05-12-2007, 11:59 AM
Quinn will start game 3.... Russell will sit out all of the season unless McCown is brutal.. They have big things for McCown...But I say When the raiders are out of the playoff hunt Jamarcus russell starts. week 12

I thought you said when the Raiders are out of playoff contention... that would be more like... week 7. (;))

I think Quinn has the best chance of starting, Frye has already demonstrated his complete ineptitude to play within the NFL, and as far as mentoring goes I doubt Frye has something to learn Quinn.

Play Hard
05-12-2007, 12:05 PM
They got better by letting Mandy go are you kidding me. The candy a** doesn't even run his routes or block on running plays and he will be severly exposed for this in NE. They traded for McCown a vet QB with mobility and strong arm and a monster of a receiver in Mike Williams who played and had huge years in Kiffins system at USC.Drafted the best QB in the draft and best all around TE in Zach Miller who is an instant starter that can both block and catch. And the steal of the daft in the 4th in Michael Bush who will probably sit out half the season to heal up 100% . OK now pass it to me

Addict
05-12-2007, 12:32 PM
They got better by letting Mandy go are you kidding me. The candy a** doesn't even run his routes or block on running plays and he will be severly exposed for this in NE. They traded for McCown a vet QB with mobility and strong arm and a monster of a receiver in Mike Williams who played and had huge years in Kiffins system at USC.Drafted the best QB in the draft and best all around TE in Zach Miller who is an instant starter that can both block and catch. And the steal of the daft in the 4th in Michael Bush who will probably sit out half the season to heal up 100% . OK now pass it to me

whahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha oh my god that must be the dumbest thing I have ever seen on this forum. BMW a "Monster" whahahahaha gosh... I had a really bad day today, but that moronic statement just made it better again, thanks dude.

but seriously:
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t197/SjonnieTeiger/n00b.jpg

Play Hard
05-12-2007, 04:18 PM
And being back with Kiffin and not in Martz's system(which doesn't apply to Williams strengths). Martz uses small quick receivers NOT big posession types like Williams or Keyshawn NOOB

MP123
05-12-2007, 04:32 PM
I say they both start make their first start between weeks 4-8.

Sportsfan486
05-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Quinn will get a staff infection and will never play for the browns, and Russell will blow out a knee in the preaseason.

If you're right I will do my best to get you +rep'd by everyone on these forums daily.

Severe Punishment
05-12-2007, 07:08 PM
I'm sorry did you say Mike Williams is a benefit of a team ???
and just so you know , Randy Moss NEVER blocked or really did much of
anything when the plays weren't called to his side. Did that stop him
from putting up better numbers than any WR in the history of the game his first 5 years ?....yeah, The Pats go themselves a HOF'er and the Raiders in return got a RB who may never take a snap in the NFL.

Sugar coat that turd all you like, the Raiders are a team that best resembles a stain on the bottom of a toilet.

Addict
05-12-2007, 08:48 PM
And being back with Kiffin and not in Martz's system(which doesn't apply to Williams strengths). Martz uses small quick receivers NOT big posession types like Williams or Keyshawn NOOB

awww c'mon don't get all jumpy just because of that pic (I love using that one, it's one of my favourites). And, between the two of us, 1332 posts (and counting) vs. 12 (and counting), who's the n00b here? You can't even spell it right.

And it doesn't change the fact that BMW sucks harder than a black hole, which is ironically exactly where he ended up.

LitoSheppard
05-12-2007, 09:03 PM
Jamarcus Russell starts after this season or maybe towards the end of this season
Quinn waits 2-4 years.