PDA

View Full Version : Petrino says; Coleman may miss three games, expects Williams to be ready for game 1

Shiver
05-09-2007, 01:40 PM
Falcons head coach Bobby Petrino said Wednesday he expects linebacker Demorrio Williams to return from injury in time for the first game of the season, Sept. 9 at Minnesota. Williams is out after having surgery two weeks ago to repair a torn pectoral muscle suffered while weightlifting.

Petrino also said defensive tackle Rod Coleman could miss the team's first three games after surgery to repair ruptured quadriceps suffered while using a personal watercraft vehicle.

Good news in some ways. At least the rumors of Coleman missing the season were greatly exaggerated.

d34ng3l021
05-09-2007, 03:10 PM
Yeah. No way Coleman woulda missed the entire season.

This isnt too bad. Babs should fill in nicely for Coleman and Nicholas might get some reps, but I would much rather have Demorrio play in the real game.

iloxygenil
05-09-2007, 09:32 PM
Yeah, I am glad to get Babs on the field more often, we invested a 2nd round pick in him a few years ago, time for him to step up his play time.

ksfalconsfan
05-10-2007, 10:52 PM
With Babineaux and Grady Jackson, we should hold up just fine against the run, but I dont know if we'll get enough pass rush from the DTs, unless Babineaux can really step it up. Hopefully we don't have any injuries though, losing Coleman leaves us awfully thin at DT.

iloxygenil
05-11-2007, 01:53 PM
Babs is a terror. Just watching the kid play, if he was given more snaps he'd have better stats. He's already in the backfield messing stuff up constantly, and I think 1 on 1 he's nearly impossible to stop. Just have big Rod who is impossible to stop playing in front of him. That's not a problem though, it's something I enjoy having to deal with =) lol.

ksfalconsfan
05-11-2007, 04:23 PM
Its good to have a rotation at the UT position. My question is, do we have quality depth behind Grady Jackson? I want to know how he is doing so far at mini-camp, I'd imagine he'd be out of shape, but I hope not. Then again, he was our most durable starter on the D-line last year.