PDA

View Full Version : The NEW MMA Discussion

ccB
05-09-2007, 06:34 PM
Ok well the last one is buried and I dont feel like finding it.

Has anyone seen the ESPN the magazine yet? Well MMA fighter Chuck Liddell has graced the cover. This is huge that ESPN is recognizing UFC. This opens the door for MMA to get even bigger.

Here is the cover.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.aolsportsblog.com/media/2007/05/espnliddell.jpg

Also any Sirius Satelite Radio subscribers tonight on the Scotty Ferrall show Chuck Liddell and Kimbo Slice will be guests.

Moses
05-09-2007, 06:41 PM
Anybody been watching the new season of the UFC reality show?

Corey Hill looks beastly. He's my early pick to win.

http://www.theultimatefighter.tv/bioimages/hill.jpg

ccB
05-09-2007, 07:03 PM
I watch, Hill is defintely a physical specimen. A 6'4 lightweight fighter in unheard of. I just wonder if he will stay at LW or move up to WW once the shows over.

I am going to stick with my original picks to win, either Nathan Diaz or Joe Lauzon. Hill is defintely one of the favorites though no doubt, the only reason he wasnt one of my orginal picks to win is because I had no clue who he was.

Moses
05-09-2007, 07:06 PM
I watch, Hill is defintely a physical specimen. A 6'4 lightweight fighter in unheard of. I just wonder if he will stay at LW or move up to WW once the shows over.

I am going to stick with my original picks to win, either Nathan Diaz or Joe Lauzon. Hill is defintely one of the favorites though no doubt, the only reason he wasnt one of my orginal picks to win is because I had no clue who he was.

He's very raw right now but he seems to be getting a lot better day-by-day. Plus, I KNOW there isn't a guy out there that's working like he is. He has the physical tools, he has the heart, he has the ability to learn and adapt. The only thing that is holding him back in terms of this competetion is that he's not as experienced as these other guys.

soybean
05-09-2007, 07:16 PM
jeremy horn said he would like to train him.

Moses
05-09-2007, 07:19 PM
jeremy horn said he would like to train him.

Ya, that was cool. Who wouldn't? The guy is a freak. 6' 4", pure muscle. Great quickness, explosion, power. Plus, he soaks up new info very well and he works like no other.

UKfan
05-10-2007, 02:09 AM
Haha, I have to say it after seeing the latest ep over here, but how much of a douche is Gabe? Seriously to have a huge opportunity like that, come in overweight, stay overweight eating cake and **** and then fail to fight, oh man!

ccB
05-10-2007, 12:35 PM
Haha, I have to say it after seeing the latest ep over here, but how much of a douche is Gabe? Seriously to have a huge opportunity like that, come in overweight, stay overweight eating cake and **** and then fail to fight, oh man!
I think he knew Corey was going to select him and he was scared to fight him so he didnt worry about losing weight so that he could use that as an excuse not to fight.

bored of education
05-10-2007, 12:41 PM
so who can beat Fedor, realistically

slightlyaraiderfan
05-10-2007, 12:44 PM
so who can beat Fedor, realistically
God, maybe.

ccB
05-10-2007, 01:07 PM
God, maybe.

Hey pick in the mma sim you hoe.

I am not sure there is anyone who has a chance against Fedor. I think possibly someone like Josh Barnett could give Fedor the most trouble if he could succeed in taking him down to the ground. Ricardo Arona may have gave Fedor his toughest test so I think someone who can take Fedor down and work submissions on him may be the only way.

Guys I think Stand a Chance Against Fedor:

Randy Couture: I think Couture would stand a chance if he took Fedor down and grinded out a lay and pray

Big Nog: Even though Fedor has beaten him Nog still has the chance to win if they faught again

Gonzaga: This is a bandwagon pick but I think Gonzaga is big enough to pin Fedor down and he has sick BJJ so he perhaps could submit fedor. Even though I believe Fedor would risk having his arm ripped off before he would ever tap.

Josh Barnett: The best chance of anyone to beat Fedor has to be Barnett. He has a well rounded game. If he could use his size on Fedor and pin him down and keep him there he could possibly beat Fedor.

With all of this said I do not believe anyone will beat Fedor anytime soon.

MaxV
05-10-2007, 01:24 PM
Anyone know where Fedor learn martial arts? Soviet Army?

ccB
05-10-2007, 01:33 PM
Anyone know where Fedor learn martial arts? Soviet Army?

He was in the Russian Military but I dont think that is where he learned his Martial Arts. When he was young he started with Sambo which is a submission fighting style that deals with a variety of leg locks. Right now he trains with Red Devil fighting team in Russia

UKfan
05-10-2007, 02:06 PM
I don't think anyone has a realistic shot at Fedor, in the future Chieck Kongo I think could give Fedor a run for his money assuming he sorts out his takedown defence, I LOVE his standup game.

JF4
05-11-2007, 02:49 PM
Corey Hill was pretty unimpresive in his win last night on TUF. I can't see him winning the competition but obviously there is some definate potential for him to be a great fighter. Joe Lauzon looked AMAZING in his fight, probably the most impressive of anyone yet. He's become my new favourite to win the show.

Rob S
05-11-2007, 11:54 PM
J-Lau is legit, we all knew that. I would be dissappointed in Corey, but that was his 1st pro fight, thats insane.

Ravens1991
05-13-2007, 12:05 AM
Corey also won tonight.

JF4
05-14-2007, 03:22 PM
Some things I heard on the radio last night.

Josh Koscheck is going to sign on to fight GSP at UFC 74.
Should be an interesting fight, it should really test Koscheck to see if he's ready to be a title contender.

Randy Couture and Gabriel Gonzaga are expected to fight at UFC 74 also.

Marvin Kampmann has pulled out of his fight with Rich Franklin because of injury and will be replaced by Yushin Okami. Which is thought to be a tougher fight for Franklin anyways.