PDA

View Full Version : Oakland Raiders Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-01-2007, 10:15 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/playerFantasyNews?categoryId=69903&CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5
porter could stay.

Komp
02-01-2007, 10:59 PM
Porter made $8 million in 2005? Christ....

This is good news tho....he is decent WR if he can regain his old form.

TheChampIsHere
02-01-2007, 11:31 PM
Now that we brought in Kiffin and Knapp and are likely to run some variation of the WCO or at least not a pound the rock/vertical offense, Im really starting to like the idea of signing Damon Huard, I think he could do real well here.

Kiffin runs a vertical offense, and while Knapp is a west coast dude, he won't be calling the plays.

Yeah I know that, but you gotta believe Knapp is gonna have some major input into the structure of the offensive gameplan, and even if you look at USCs offense, it used a lot of quick short passes to Mike Williams and Dwayne Jarret. Obviously, their offense also had a vertical element, but I believe Huard could do well in our offense.

TheChampIsHere
02-01-2007, 11:31 PM
Now that we brought in Kiffin and Knapp and are likely to run some variation of the WCO or at least not a pound the rock/vertical offense, Im really starting to like the idea of signing Damon Huard, I think he could do real well here.

Kiffin runs a vertical offense, and while Knapp is a west coast dude, he won't be calling the plays.

Yeah I know that, but you gotta believe Knapp is gonna have some major input into the structure of the offensive gameplan, and even if you look at USCs offense, it used a lot of quick short passes to Mike Williams and Dwayne Jarret. Obviously, their offense also had a vertical element, but I believe Huard could do well in our offense.

raidersfanxxx
02-01-2007, 11:32 PM
im cool with that. i think he gets a get by card cause last year was a joke.

TheChampIsHere
02-01-2007, 11:41 PM
Looking at the news we're bringing in Cable as our OL coach, it seems clear were switching to the zone-blocking scheme. I feel sorry for our OL, they have to learn a new system every year. Lets hope the growing pains arent too bad.

Paranoidmoonduck
02-02-2007, 12:04 AM
Looking at the news we're bringing in Cable as our OL coach, it seems clear were switching to the zone-blocking scheme. I feel sorry for our OL, they have to learn a new system every year. Lets hope the growing pains arent too bad.

The going will likely be rough early on in the season, but the real reason Shell's scheme wasn't working is because almost every lineman (save for Boothe) was instinctively reverting to a zone technique every time they got flustered.

I'd look for Boothe to struggle more than any other lineman next year, at least early on.

RaiderLifer
02-02-2007, 12:21 AM

The going will likely be rough early on in the season, but the real reason Shell's scheme wasn't working is because almost every lineman (save for Boothe) was instinctively reverting to a zone technique every time they got flustered.

I'd look for Boothe to struggle more than any other lineman next year, at least early on.

I agree it could be ugly for a while. I;m not sure a guy Boothe's size will ever be ideal for the ZBS. I think in the long run this will be a good move but there are going to be some growing pains. We just have to stick with this for a couple years. I am really happy with the hires and direction from Kiffin so far.

RaiderNation
02-02-2007, 12:21 AM

we need to stick with him. most every year we get rid of the o line coach. mayb if we have kept one of them for longer our o line wouldnt be so bad

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-02-2007, 12:43 AM
Looking at the news we're bringing in Cable as our OL coach, it seems clear were switching to the zone-blocking scheme. I feel sorry for our OL, they have to learn a new system every year. Lets hope the growing pains arent too bad.yah but at least we'll have a Oline coach who knows what hes doing.

raidersfanxxx
02-02-2007, 02:40 AM
i think mc nasty might fit the ZBS a lil better. :D lets hope so.

Menard4MVP
02-02-2007, 06:35 AM
we need a qbon day 2.

A QB on day ?

You are on ******* crack.

THE RAIDERS NEED A QUARTERBACK -IF YOU CAN'T SEE THAT YOU ARE INSANE.

How many more pieces of **** like Collins and Brooks and poor draftees like butter fingers Walter do you need to see?

We should have taken QB in 04 and 06.

portermvp84
02-02-2007, 08:50 AM
We should of taken Rivers or Eli over Gallery. We don't these damn pocket quarterbacks, we need somebody who is mobile and who can make and buy time. With Collins, Walter, and some what of Brooks they couldn't do that. i just really f**** hate pocket passers.

Crow
02-02-2007, 09:55 AM
You dont draft a RB in hopes of helping your offensive line, you build your offensive line up then get the running back. This has been seen time and time again and if you dont agree just go to footballoutsiders.com and see the studies yourself.

Replacing a bunk RB with an elite talent will certainly improve the running game. Arizona's O-line still sucks, but Edge managed to break 1000 yards and give them an actual running threat. The RB makes a huge difference.

The gap between AP and LJ will not be much especially if our line is still terrible (although i think it will be much improved next year). So drafting Ap or Lynch doesnt do anything for us in the immediate future.

Ridiculous.

Jordan is a slow, indecisive, and soft runner. Peterson and Lynch are far superior talents and either would each represent an immediate, if not dramatic improvement for our offense.

And you CJ people need to get off of it, theres no reason to draft a WR that high

Usually, I would agree with you.

and CJ isn't good enough to defy logic here.

This, however, is an opinion not shared by many.

We have plenty of WR and even if one is traded we have depth at that position

Who, exactly? Curry is outstanding, even if his ankles do have a tendency to explode. Porter is, allegedly, back onboard now that Shell is gone. But he's always been somewhat volatile, and Kiffin brings with him a rep of rubbing players the wrong way. We could easily see him blow another gasket and get sent home. Moss? Moss is a piece of trash. He doesn't even count. Morant "passes the eyeball test", as they say. But he's proven that he may not yet be ready for prime time.

Who, pray tell, do we have at WR that warrants the misguided notion that we have "plenty"?

plus this is a good draft for WR.

Perhaps. But how many opportunities do you get to take a WR with Johnson's insane size, hands, and body control who doesn't have that bullsh/t diva mentality? Not damn many.

Teams need good/great qb's and yes there have been anomoly's but those teams needed great defenses and great offensivelines to compensate for their bad qb play. I dont want to count on every other aspect of the team to be amazing just to be able to compete because the QB play is bad.

And what, pray tell, have these "good/great QBs" accomplished without a strong running game, a good/great defense or a good/great OL? Not much.

The QB position is overrated. It takes a team. No matter where you start building, you're not going anywhere until you build a team.

You can argue Walter's value, honestly I'm not down on him. I dont blame him for any of his play last season. However, I dont see anything in him that makes me think that I should pass up the chance for Quinn/Russell to let him play.

What have Quinn or Russell done? What makes them so good that we should pass up two superior players (Peterson, Johnson)?

We have the #1 pick in this draft. If we keep it, we need to take the #1 player available. Now, whether that's Peterson or Johnson has yet to really be determined. But I think it's safe to say that neither of these QBs can be mistaken for the #1 overall prospect in this class.

raidersfanxxx
02-02-2007, 01:34 PM
http://media.putfile.com/the-jamarcusbowe-and-craig-buster-davis-show

not sure if this has been posted on here....if so sorry. this guy is the real deal and i dont care what anyone says, he gotta be are pick.

liverhgnbn
02-02-2007, 01:35 PM
You dont draft a RB in hopes of helping your offensive line, you build your offensive line up then get the running back. This has been seen time and time again and if you dont agree just go to footballoutsiders.com and see the studies yourself.

Replacing a bunk RB with an elite talent will certainly improve the running game. Arizona's O-line still sucks, but Edge managed to break 1000 yards and give them an actual running threat. The RB makes a huge difference.

The gap between AP and LJ will not be much especially if our line is still terrible (although i think it will be much improved next year). So drafting Ap or Lynch doesnt do anything for us in the immediate future.

Ridiculous.

Jordan is a slow, indecisive, and soft runner. Peterson and Lynch are far superior talents and either would each represent an immediate, if not dramatic improvement for our offense.

And you CJ people need to get off of it, theres no reason to draft a WR that high

Usually, I would agree with you.

and CJ isn't good enough to defy logic here.

This, however, is an opinion not shared by many.

We have plenty of WR and even if one is traded we have depth at that position

Who, exactly? Curry is outstanding, even if his ankles do have a tendency to explode. Porter is, allegedly, back onboard now that Shell is gone. But he's always been somewhat volatile, and Kiffin brings with him a rep of rubbing players the wrong way. We could easily see him blow another gasket and get sent home. Moss? Moss is a piece of trash. He doesn't even count. Morant "passes the eyeball test", as they say. But he's proven that he may not yet be ready for prime time.

Who, pray tell, do we have at WR that warrants the misguided notion that we have "plenty"?

plus this is a good draft for WR.

Perhaps. But how many opportunities do you get to take a WR with Johnson's insane size, hands, and body control who doesn't have that bullsh/t diva mentality? Not damn many.

Teams need good/great qb's and yes there have been anomoly's but those teams needed great defenses and great offensivelines to compensate for their bad qb play. I dont want to count on every other aspect of the team to be amazing just to be able to compete because the QB play is bad.

And what, pray tell, have these "good/great QBs" accomplished without a strong running game, a good/great defense or a good/great OL? Not much.

The QB position is overrated. It takes a team. No matter where you start building, you're not going anywhere until you build a team.

You can argue Walter's value, honestly I'm not down on him. I dont blame him for any of his play last season. However, I dont see anything in him that makes me think that I should pass up the chance for Quinn/Russell to let him play.

What have Quinn or Russell done? What makes them so good that we should pass up two superior players (Peterson, Johnson)?

We have the #1 pick in this draft. If we keep it, we need to take the #1 player available. Now, whether that's Peterson or Johnson has yet to really be determined. But I think it's safe to say that neither of these QBs can be mistaken for the #1 overall prospect in this class.

Arizona averaged 3.2 yards a carry, worst in the league. Just because they gave edge the ball enough times to crack 1000 yards doesnt mean he wasnt terrible.

I'm not that high on LJ but he did pass your precious 1000 mark in 2005 and nothing that happened last year in that archaic offense should be blamed on the players. If you have a terrible offensive line, AP isn't going to be able to do much better than LJ can, thats the point you have to build your offensive line first. Runningbacks are just icing on the cake.

How many times do you get to take a wr with those combinations? Usually there is one every year, Roy Williams being the latest. Of couse we have one in Randy Moss already but your so concerned with playing the role of morality cop you can't see what he REALLY gives because he's NOT A GOOD GUY. Usually what every standard of morality you are using, probably whatever one you grew up with, i doubt you are intelligent enough to come to your own conclusions. No offense, there are very few who are.

Tom Brady, Donovon McNabb, Peyton Manning this year, The Raiders the year we went to the superbowl etc etc.

What have Quinn and Russell done? Other than the same thing as every other prospect. Only been graded highly by numerous scouts, other than playing very well for thier entire careers. I suppose though Quinn, Russell, CJ, AD haven't done anything really. I mean how do we know we even exist.

bernbabybern820
02-02-2007, 02:52 PM

yay for kalil for the second round if he is available

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-02-2007, 05:53 PM
we need a qbon day 2.

A QB on day ?

You are on *********** crack.

How many more pieces of *********** like Collins and Brooks and poor draftees like butter fingers Walter do you need to see?

We should have taken QB in 04 and 06.I find it funny that you say Walter has butter fingers when he had the worse Oline.Russell has the same problem but his Oline is worlds better.
No the only type of people that say we need a QB are the ones that give up on guys to early.Walter is a young QB and needs time to develop.
Was Walter supposed to prove anything with the worst Oline,worst TEs,worst WRs,worst OCs and a poor running game?
The class of QBs coming out this year is extremely poor.wait and see if Walter does better this year and then draft JDB next year.

Paranoidmoonduck
02-02-2007, 06:01 PM
How many times do you get to take a wr with those combinations? Usually there is one every year, Roy Williams being the latest. Of couse we have one in Randy Moss already but your so concerned with playing the role of morality cop you can't see what he REALLY gives because he's NOT A GOOD GUY. Usually what every standard of morality you are using, probably whatever one you grew up with, i doubt you are intelligent enough to come to your own conclusions. No offense, there are very few who are.

I mean how do we know we even exist.

:shock:

You're trying very hard to be pseudo-intellectual and you aren't doing a very good job.

Moss was **** last year. He was shittier than **** last year. He was the waste of the bacteria that lives in **** last year. I personally couldn't give two ******* if he is super/ultra/mega talented, if he doesn't care enoough to try and catch a goddamn football, something he is being paid exorbitant amounts of money to do, then I don't want him on my team.

This isn't a discussion of morality (where you got that from is beyond me), it's a discussion on playing football. Randy was supposed to, but he sure as hell didn't. Period.

As for the rest, I don't actually agree with Crow that Peterson is easily heads and shoulders above Quinn and/or Russell. I do think that Johnson is the #1 player and has drastically less bust potential than any other option we are going to be considering. And that is enough for me.

slightlyaraiderfan
02-02-2007, 06:05 PM
Paranoid, I take it that you want Moss gone

SubNoize
02-02-2007, 06:10 PM
Russell has butter fingers??? I find that funny because he never fumbled in his collegiate career. Walter has no feel for his blind side and does not know when to throw it away, his happy feet and poor decisions cost us a lot of games, he could throw the ball a lot better if he'd plant his feet and not stay on his toes, but let me guess he's had bad coaching??? Make whatever excuses you want but I've watched him since his days at ASU and i thought his bad tendencies would change in the NFL, and they didn't and he showed little to no improvement in his starts, but hey lets chalk it up to bad line play and just draft a running back and bring in the next veteran hack, because that's going to win now right? We need a QB in the worst way, and no better way to get one than to draft a big potential player out of a conference that plays at an NFL caliber .

Windy
02-02-2007, 06:11 PM
go look at andrew walter's draft scouting reports. most of them say he holds the ball to low in the pocket which makes him susceptible to fumbling. most agree the line was horrible but he has to take some blame because he continually held the ball too low.

4pAc
02-02-2007, 06:12 PM
Russell has butter fingers??? I find that funny because he never fumbled in his collegiate career. Walter has no feel for his blind side and does not know when to throw it away, his happy feet and poor decisions cost us a lot of games, he could throw the ball a lot better if he'd plant his feet and not stay on his toes, but let me guess he's had bad coaching??? Make whatever excuses you want but I've watched him since his days at ASU and i thought his bad tendencies would change in the NFL, and they didn't and he showed little to no improvement in his starts, but hey lets chalk it up to bad line play and just draft a running back and bring in the next veteran hack, because that's going to win now right? We need a QB in the worst way, and no better way to get one than to draft a big potential player out of a conference that plays at an NFL caliber . :lol:

Paranoidmoonduck
02-02-2007, 06:14 PM

How'd you guess? :wink:

Not only would I much rather have whatever draft pick we can get for the guy, but I think it would help Kiffin immensly to get him out of there. Lane needs to establish an authority over the team right now, or he's going to go the way of Norv Turner.

locseti
02-02-2007, 06:18 PM
I'm not that high on LJ but he did pass your precious 1000 mark in 2005 and nothing that happened last year in that archaic offense should be blamed on the players. If you have a terrible offensive line, AP isn't going to be able to do much better than LJ can, thats the point you have to build your offensive line first. Runningbacks are just icing on the cake.

If you think it's impossible for a RB to succeed with a sub par O line, you're crazy. All those years that Barry Sanders was in Detroit his line was sorry, but he put up numbers. Early in LT's career his line was sub par and his team was garbage but but he managed to produce. When Mcgahee came to the Bills, his line sucked but he produced right away.

As for LaMont, can't you see that his running style does not work with a subpar line like ours? Dancing around searching for a hole will not work when there is only a glimmer of a hole at best. Look at the difference in the Niner's this past year, between Barlow and Gore. Once they got the dancing Barlow outta town, Gore had a career year. Their line isn't the best in the NFL. Also, (as somebody already mentioned) You could see the improvement in our run game when LaMont got hurt and Fargas came in. Fargas doesen't mess around back there, he hits that glimmer of a hole and gains positive yards. It IS possible for a RB to succeed behind this Oline. Just not a RB like LaMont.

SubNoize
02-02-2007, 06:56 PM
Def. think that Moss has to be pushed out the door. I be willing to take low value to get his cancerous non productive worthless being out of our locker room. A 3rd is a reach right now, but i think he can warrant one from somebody, and it's seems low for a former elite talent, but he's a whiny, selfish guy like TO. If we ended up with a 3rd for him and were able to pick up a 3rd as comp for Woodson or even a 4th we could really stack up in this draft. that would give us the #1 overall obviously in the top 2 rounds, 2 or 3 3rds or 2 4ths 2 5ths a 6th and 2 7ths... that a lot of room to improve this team. Needs in my eyes are like this QB, RT, LG, TE, DE, DT, C, RB, FB. Some of those we could deal with, but were getting old in some areas and youthful depth doesn't hurt.

locseti
02-02-2007, 07:00 PM

Not only would I much rather have whatever draft pick we can get for the guy, but I think it would help Kiffin immensly to get him out of there. Lane needs to establish an authority over the team right now, or he's going to go the way of Norv Turner.

But not a 3rd rounder...If we do get only a third rounder, we have to get a player as well, and not Robert Ferguson.

Paranoidmoonduck
02-02-2007, 07:11 PM

But not a 3rd rounder...If we do get only a third rounder, we have to get a player as well, and not Robert Ferguson.

I honestly don't care what we get. Obviously, the higher the pick the better, but I just want him off the team as soon as possible.

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-02-2007, 08:37 PM
Russell has butter fingers??? I find that funny because he never fumbled in his collegiate career. Walter has no feel for his blind side and does not know when to throw it away, his happy feet and poor decisions cost us a lot of games, he could throw the ball a lot better if he'd plant his feet and not stay on his toes, but let me guess he's had bad coaching??? Make whatever excuses you want but I've watched him since his days at ASU and i thought his bad tendencies would change in the NFL, and they didn't and he showed little to no improvement in his starts, but hey lets chalk it up to bad line play and just draft a running back and bring in the next veteran hack, because that's going to win now right? We need a QB in the worst way, and no better way to get one than to draft a big potential player out of a conference that plays at an NFL caliber .its quite ignorant to say that it was all Walter's fault.
the whole offense played bad.
Football is a team sport no matter how much people want to make it an individual one.everything relies on another.
Walter had the worst supporting cast in the league.Whould we measure him on that and say he cant be the future of this franchise.to say that is pretty foolish.i guess the niners should have picked a QB in the 1st last year to.well they didnt.Walter played better than Smith did in both of their first playing years.not to mention Walter had a horrible supporting cast to go along with that.
a RB is the best decision to make right now.if you look at all the QBs to be taken in the 1st round in recent years they for the most part have a good running game.
Cutler: Shannahans offense.
Leinart: Crads made a large investment in Edgerrin James.
Smith: Frank Gore.
Rivers: LT
Manning: Barber
Rothlisberger: Bettis,and Parker.
Campbell: Portis
Palmer: Johnson
Leftwich: Taylor.
whoever is the chiefs next QB wether thats Croyle or someone else: LJ.
just to name a few.the point is they all had good running games.Oakland doesnt.this is a poor year for QBs.next year is much better.if Walter doesnt do well this year draft JDB next year.

portermvp84
02-02-2007, 09:40 PM
I'm liken Colt Brenan, he gonna be good I think he is something to invest in.

RaiderNation
02-02-2007, 10:51 PM
Russell has butter fingers??? I find that funny because he never fumbled in his collegiate career. Walter has no feel for his blind side and does not know when to throw it away, his happy feet and poor decisions cost us a lot of games, he could throw the ball a lot better if he'd plant his feet and not stay on his toes, but let me guess he's had bad coaching??? Make whatever excuses you want but I've watched him since his days at ASU and i thought his bad tendencies would change in the NFL, and they didn't and he showed little to no improvement in his starts, but hey lets chalk it up to bad line play and just draft a running back and bring in the next veteran hack, because that's going to win now right? We need a QB in the worst way, and no better way to get one than to draft a big potential player out of a conference that plays at an NFL caliber .its quite ignorant to say that it was all Walter's fault.
the whole offense played bad.
Football is a team sport no matter how much people want to make it an individual one.everything relies on another.
Walter had the worst supporting cast in the league.Whould we measure him on that and say he cant be the future of this franchise.to say that is pretty foolish.i guess the niners should have picked a QB in the 1st last year to.well they didnt.Walter played better than Smith did in both of their first playing years.not to mention Walter had a horrible supporting cast to go along with that.
a RB is the best decision to make right now.if you look at all the QBs to be taken in the 1st round in recent years they for the most part have a good running game.
just to name a few.the point is they all had good running games.Oakland doesnt.this is a poor year for QBs.next year is much better.if Walter doesnt do well this year draft JDB next year.

i agree with EVERYTHING u said. esspecially about the qb talent compared this year and next. next years is much deeper. brohm will be better than quinn and russell and JDB has a chance to be. i wouldnt mind AD and JDB combo. if we dont get CJ or a wr is the first 3 rounds this year, i expect us to try to sign one like stallworth or the white guy from the rams.

Stash
02-02-2007, 11:44 PM
Def. think that Moss has to be pushed out the door. I be willing to take low value to get his cancerous non productive worthless being out of our locker room. A 3rd is a reach right now, but i think he can warrant one from somebody, and it's seems low for a former elite talent, but he's a whiny, selfish guy like TO. If we ended up with a 3rd for him and were able to pick up a 3rd as comp for Woodson or even a 4th we could really stack up in this draft. that would give us the #1 overall obviously in the top 2 rounds, 2 or 3 3rds or 2 4ths 2 5ths a 6th and 2 7ths... that a lot of room to improve this team. Needs in my eyes are like this QB, RT, LG, TE, DE, DT, C, RB, FB. Some of those we could deal with, but were getting old in some areas and youthful depth doesn't hurt.

I definitely agree with the comments on Moss, he's a bum. The parts I don't get are:

1. Having QB at the top of your needs list (i'm assuming those were in order of importance) Walter is young, last year was his first year actually playing in the NFL, and he only played about half the year. The Raiders O-line sucked big time and that is where everything starts in football; the o-line and the d-line. Without those you are doomed to fail. I want to at least see what Walter can do with a decent o-line and wr's that actually try to catch the ball before I say he's done. BTW I am really tired of explaining this argument to everyone that bashes the QB's.

2. Your comment that the team is getting old in some areas. The only old guys I can even think of on the team are Sapp and Crockett. If there is anyone else please tell me. I think we have a talented young team with a bright future.

Menard4MVP
02-03-2007, 07:36 AM
we need a qbon day 2.

A QB on day ?

How many more pieces of *********** like Collins and Brooks and poor draftees like butter fingers Walter do you need to see?

We should have taken QB in 04 and 06.I find it funny that you say Walter has butter fingers when he had the worse Oline.Russell has the same problem but his Oline is worlds better.
No the only type of people that say we need a QB are the ones that give up on guys to early.Walter is a young QB and needs time to develop.
Was Walter supposed to prove anything with the worst Oline,worst TEs,worst WRs,worst OCs and a poor running game?
The class of QBs coming out this year is extremely poor.wait and see if Walter does better this year and then draft JDB next year.

Total rubbish.

Walter has all the feel for the pass rush of a goat tied to a post, he might as well be blindfolded, Russell has fumbled, sure, sure but Walter carries the ball low, it's a world of difference. Russell also played the best conference against the best defenses.

Walter is a young QB that needs about another 3 years to develop, Quinn and Russell are advanced than Walter will ever be. He just not have the same talent level of the BQ and JR.

Walter can't even handle the snap FFS!

It';s always "NEXT YEAR" with QB isn't it? people said that last year and the year before and the year before - YAWN, get a QB drafted.

By the way Rusell has more potential and upside than any QB to come out in years, he is battle hardened having played in the NFLesque SEC and could almost immediatly, Quinn is also NFL ready, Walter MIGHT be ready in about another 2-3 years.

Walter has not got the intangibles or accuracy and mobility to be a starting NFL QB. He's a decent backup - that's all.

NIN1984
02-03-2007, 09:36 AM
John David Booty will be a top 10 pick next year and we will be picking at 32 so that's why I think we need to go QB this draft

you know what we should trade for Matt Cassel

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-03-2007, 10:44 AM
we need a qbon day 2.

A QB on day ?

Total rubbish.

Walter has all the feel for the pass rush of a goat tied to a post, he might as well be blindfolded, Russell has fumbled, sure, sure but Walter carries the ball low, it's a world of difference. Russell also played the best conference against the best defenses.

Walter is a young QB that needs about another 3 years to develop, Quinn and Russell are advanced than Walter will ever be. He just not have the same talent level of the BQ and JR.

It';s always "NEXT YEAR" with QB isn't it? people said that last year and the year before and the year before - YAWN, get a QB drafted.

By the way Rusell has more potential and upside than any QB to come out in years, he is battle hardened having played in the NFLesque SEC and could almost immediatly, Quinn is also NFL ready, Walter MIGHT be ready in about another 2-3 years.

Walter has not got the intangibles or accuracy and mobility to be a starting NFL QB. He's a decent backup - that's all.ow this by far the funniest post ive read on Russell all year.
Russell is no where near NFL ready.Its only is arm that gotten him to where he is.
Lets look at the positives Russell has besides a great arm.............oh wait there is none.
Alot of good college QBs have great arms.and alot of them have never made it in the NFL.Russell is just one of those guys.
He cant read defenses up to standard,has poor decision making,is lazy,and cares more about money than football.
Whoever has the first pick and the most money.-Jamarcus Russell
its quite obvious he cares more about the money than he does bout the franchise he'll be playing for.i could respect him more if he said before the draft he didnt want to play for a team.
As for those fumbled snaps those were clearly Groves fault.Thats just a pathetic excuse to say that it was Walter's fault.Aaron brooks had problems with it to.
As for those great SEC teams Russell has played against why dont you look at his schedule.
hes only played four games that were against good teams this year.he played ok in one game,good in another,and played like crap against the two other teams.so yah he played really well against them.they may have had good defenses but LSU has a good Oline so.....talent level is no excuse.
If anything Walter has proved to be a tough QB who when given time makes good reads and good passes.

liverhgnbn
02-03-2007, 01:44 PM
we need a qbon day 2.

A QB on day ?

Total rubbish.

Walter has not got the intangibles or accuracy and mobility to be a starting NFL QB. He's a decent backup - that's all.ow this by far the funniest post ive read on Russell all year.
Russell is no where near NFL ready.Its only is arm that gotten him to where he is.
Lets look at the positives Russell has besides a great arm.............oh wait there is none.
Alot of good college QBs have great arms.and alot of them have never made it in the NFL.Russell is just one of those guys.
He cant read defenses up to standard,has poor decision making,is lazy,and cares more about money than football.
its quite obvious he cares more about the money than he does bout the franchise he'll be playing for.i could respect him more if he said before the draft he didnt want to play for a team.
As for those fumbled snaps those were clearly Groves fault.Thats just a pathetic excuse to say that it was Walter's fault.Aaron brooks had problems with it to.
As for those great SEC teams Russell has played against why dont you look at his schedule.
hes only played four games that were against good teams this year.he played ok in one game,good in another,and played like crap against the two other teams.so yah he played really well against them.they may have had good defenses but LSU has a good Oline so.....talent level is no excuse.
If anything Walter has proved to be a tough QB who when given time makes good reads and good passes.

This guy knows nothing about Jamarcus Russell, all he does is regurgitate stereotypes.

bills_red
02-03-2007, 02:22 PM
I don't know much about the Raiders but how has Robert Gallery been doing? He was a top 5 pick just want to know if he has been worth the pick. I heard some poeple say he not been doing good. Would you trade him and for what?

Thanks

stl9erfan
02-03-2007, 02:36 PM
John David Booty will be a top 10 pick next year and we will be picking at 32 so that's why I think we need to go QB this draft

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....sorry ;)

Komp
02-03-2007, 03:03 PM
I don't know much about the Raiders but how has Robert Gallery been doing? He was a top 5 pick just want to know if he has been worth the pick. I heard some poeple say he not been doing good. Would you trade him and for what?

Thanks

Gallery hasn't lived up to his potential at all as of yet. He's really struggled, hasn't been 100% healthy the past two seasons and he has a different OL coach every other year. I don't think the Raiders have given up on him yet for those reasons. We'll see how he does in a ZBS. I think he is a good enough athlete to play OT in that scheme, so I guess we'll find out next year.

PS - Anyone know what type of blocking Iowa used in college?

RaiderNation
02-03-2007, 03:03 PM
we need a qbon day 2.

A QB on day ?

Total rubbish.

This guy knows nothing about Jamarcus Russell, all he does is regurgitate stereotypes.

like u do. what r u his friend or something? highly doubt that so dont lie about it. j russ will be bust. most people think that. quinn is more of a sure thing. id take quinn over russell just on that. russell might have a better uspide, but quinn was coached by charlie weis who develope tom brady

RaiderNation
02-03-2007, 03:06 PM

hows that funny? USC is the QB U now with have palmer and leinart doing good. JDB has a chance to be top 10 pick because he has a great HC and will win the national championchip :twisted:

also if we have another top 10 pick(hopefully not), he could go to us since our HC was usc's OC

RaiderNation
02-03-2007, 03:08 PM

Thanks

i think we wouldnt trade gallery yet unless some1 gives a us a offer we cant resist. every year hes been here hes had different coaches. also got injuried last couple of years. i still havent gave up on him. i hope he can live up to expectations

Menard4MVP
02-03-2007, 03:13 PM
we need a qbon day 2.

A QB on day ?

Total rubbish.

Exactly. He doesn't know jack ****. He just wants to slander Russell.

Only a total moron takes seriously Russell's light hearted throwaway comment.

Or someone with an anti QB agenda.

His sig says it all:

"Russell will be a bust"

That's the type of intelligence we're dealing with here.

Menard4MVP
02-03-2007, 03:15 PM

Thanks

i think we wouldnt trade gallery yet unless some1 gives a us a offer we cant resist. every year hes been here hes had different coaches. also got injuried last couple of years. i still havent gave up on him. i hope he can live up to expectations

"Offer we can't resist?"

Bag of peanuts?

I'm sold.

RaiderNation
02-03-2007, 03:39 PM
Only1pickJamarcusRusell tell me what u know about jamarcus russell. ur gonna say big 6'6 260 guy who has a huge arm and will go on and on about how he played in the SEC. lemme ask u a question, did u watch any of his games? his decion making isnt good. he played well vs a very bad ND defence. Jamacrus doesnt have what it takes to be a nfl qb. hes not smart enough and only is in it or the money.calvin johnson is the more likely pick because it looks like moss and porter are gone. walter did better than number1 overal pick alex smith did his first season. if we didnt do as many 7 step drops, walter would have done much better. i wouldnt mind adrian peterson because jordan hurt his knee and could be gone. as doingthisindteadorwork said all the young qb's in the league have a good rb behind them. a rb would help our run by making the defence play the run.

portermvp84
02-03-2007, 03:48 PM

you know what we should trade for Matt Cassel

If we don't get our dhit together were gonna be at the number one pick again. That wouldn't be a bad investment trading for Matt Cassel.

AlexDown
02-03-2007, 04:04 PM
Only1pickJamarcusRusell tell me what u know about jamarcus russell. ur gonna say big 6'6 260 guy who has a huge arm and will go on and on about how he played in the SEC. lemme ask u a question, did u watch any of his games? his decion making isnt good. he played well vs a very bad ND defence. Jamacrus doesnt have what it takes to be a nfl qb. hes not smart enough and only is in it or the money.calvin johnson is the more likely pick because it looks like moss and porter are gone. walter did better than number1 overal pick alex smith did his first season. if we didnt do as many 7 step drops, walter would have done much better. i wouldnt mind adrian peterson because jordan hurt his knee and could be gone. as doingthisindteadorwork said all the young qb's in the league have a good rb behind them. a rb would help our run by making the defence play the run.

I really doubt you have seen more then one full game of LSU this year. Actually, I would put a lot of money on it.

You say that Porter is out the door but I am not to sure about that.

Doingthisinstedofwork: Everytime someone does a mock draft and gives you guys a QB in the first, you respond with comments like "You obviously have no idea about Raider needs" or something to that extent.

It's obvious that your not open to ther people's opinions. While you may not fell that taking a QB in roudn one is a strong possibility, it really is, regardless of history.

dpgiffin
02-03-2007, 04:05 PM

How can you say that Jamacrus does not have what it takes to be an nfl QB. He has the height, the arm, the mobility but even if your not sold on that because lets face it thats not all it takes to be an NFL QB. Just look at what Tom Brady qb tutor has to say about him "He's unbelievable, truly amazing," Martinez said. "From the waist up he's bigger than most offensive linemen. He does things naturally that other guys would have to work a lifetime to do". Just having that kind of support behind you should show that he can make it as an NFL QB. As for Walter he could be a good QB but with that o-line ahead of him he doesn't stand much of a chance and if he had a full season with them last yaer he would have shattered the league record for being sacked.[/quote]

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-03-2007, 04:18 PM

I really doubt you have seen more then one full game of LSU this year. Actually, I would put a lot of money on it.

You say that Porter is out the door but I am not to sure about that.

Doingthisinstedofwork: Everytime someone does a mock draft and gives you guys a QB in the first, you respond with comments like "You obviously have no idea about Raider needs" or something to that extent.

It's obvious that your not open to ther people's opinions. While you may not fell that taking a QB in roudn one is a strong possibility, it really is, regardless of history.i never said that about a QB being taken on round one.today i said it when a guy gave Oakland a G in round two.
we have 2 Gs who we are trying to develop.Boothe played well this year and McQuistan is still developing.
I merely say its a bad pick.
how on earth is a strong possibility that Al drafts a QB in the 1st?
because some people see it as a need?its been seen as need for a quite a while now and Al still hasnt drafted any.

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-03-2007, 04:22 PM

How can you say that Jamacrus does not have what it takes to be an nfl QB. He has the height, the arm, the mobility but even if your not sold on that because lets face it thats not all it takes to be an NFL QB. Just look at what Tom Brady qb tutor has to say about him "He's unbelievable, truly amazing," Martinez said. "From the waist up he's bigger than most offensive linemen. He does things naturally that other guys would have to work a lifetime to do". Just having that kind of support behind you should show that he can make it as an NFL QB. As for Walter he could be a good QB but with that o-line ahead of him he doesn't stand much of a chance and if he had a full season with them last yaer he would have shattered the league record for being sacked.[/quote]TO be a good NFL QB its more mental than it is physical something Russell doesnt have right now.

and for the people that say its a stereotype it shows alot.its quite obvious you've probably havent seen any of Russell's games accept for the Sugar Bowl.
its quite low to bring up the issue of race in an argument.

dpgiffin
02-03-2007, 04:41 PM

How can you say that Jamacrus does not have what it takes to be an nfl QB. He has the height, the arm, the mobility but even if your not sold on that because lets face it thats not all it takes to be an NFL QB. Just look at what Tom Brady qb tutor has to say about him "He's unbelievable, truly amazing," Martinez said. "From the waist up he's bigger than most offensive linemen. He does things naturally that other guys would have to work a lifetime to do". Just having that kind of support behind you should show that he can make it as an NFL QB. As for Walter he could be a good QB but with that o-line ahead of him he doesn't stand much of a chance and if he had a full season with them last yaer he would have shattered the league record for being sacked.TO be a good NFL QB its more mental than it is physical something Russell doesnt have right now.

and for the people that say its a stereotype it shows alot.its quite obvious you've probably havent seen any of Russell's games accept for the Sugar Bowl.
its quite low to bring up the issue of race in an argument.[/quote]

I'd like to know what issue of race was brought up in the argument

Paranoidmoonduck
02-03-2007, 04:41 PM
I don't want to get involved in this argument, but let me just say that if the Raiders do select a quarterback, I'd much rather it be Russell.

AlexDown
02-03-2007, 05:07 PM
I
Never said that about a QB being taken on round one.today i said it when a guy gave Oakland a G in round two.
we have 2 Gs who we are trying to develop.Boothe played well this year and McQuistan is still developing.

http://nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34789&start=0

Komp
02-03-2007, 05:30 PM
Come on guys, lets try to keep it somewhat positive here. Nothing wrong with discussing different opinions but there is no reason to get personal with someone here [especially if you're post count is under 20, it's not a very good way of getting off on the right foot with some of the established members here].

BTW I totally trust Kiffin and the scouting staff when it comes to selecting a QB this year. If he thinks Quinn [who I think we'll take if we go with a QB] or Russell is a QB that he wants running the offense he plans on installing than I trust his instincts. The guy has seen a few good QB's come through USC so he should be a pretty good judge of offensive talent. On the other hand, if he doesn't feel either of the QB's is worth it, OR if feels CJ/AD would be better options and that Walter can do a competent job running the offense than I say go for it. We really can't go wrong whomever we pick this year.

PS - If holding the ball too low in the pocket is the worst thing you can say about Walter, than I say he is doing pretty good. I'm still a Walter fan. His biggest mistake was forcing throws trying to make a play, but at least he was trying to make something happen. I blame last years playcalling and poor WR/OL play for our poor offensive showing more than I blame Walter.

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-03-2007, 05:40 PM
[quote]Only1pickJamarcusRusell tell me what u know about jamarcus russell. ur gonna say big 6'6 260 guy who has a huge arm and will go on and on about how he played in the SEC. lemme ask u a question, did u watch any of his games? his decion making isnt good. he played well vs a very bad ND defence. Jamacrus doesnt have what it takes to be a nfl qb. hes not smart enough and only is in it or the money.calvin johnson is the more likely pick because it looks like moss and porter are gone. walter did better than number1 overal pick alex smith did his first season. if we didnt do as many 7 step drops, walter would have done much better. i wouldnt mind adrian peterson because jordan hurt his knee and could be gone. as doingthisindteadorwork said all the young qb's in the league have a good rb behind them. a rb would help our run by making the defence play the run.

How can you say that Jamacrus does not have what it takes to be an nfl QB. He has the height, the arm, the mobility but even if your not sold on that because lets face it thats not all it takes to be an NFL QB. Just look at what Tom Brady qb tutor has to say about him "He's unbelievable, truly amazing," Martinez said. "From the waist up he's bigger than most offensive linemen. He does things naturally that other guys would have to work a lifetime to do". Just having that kind of support behind you should show that he can make it as an NFL QB. As for Walter he could be a good QB but with that o-line ahead of him he doesn't stand much of a chance and if he had a full season with them last yaer he would have shattered the league record for being sacked.TO be a good NFL QB its more mental than it is physical something Russell doesnt have right now.

I'd like to know what issue of race was brought up in the argumenti was adressing O1pJR and Romyrick.which is why i said and for the people.
I didnt direct it at you at all.

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-03-2007, 05:43 PM
I
Never said that about a QB being taken on round one.today i said it when a guy gave Oakland a G in round two.

http://nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34789&start=0there was a 2nd round in that which i was adressing.he gave Oakland a G.i wasnt adressing the 1st pick other than the fact that i think its a hihgly unlikley pick.
if you dont beleive look at the other 1 round mocks that have Oakland getting a QB.i merely say its a bad pick.

NIN1984
02-03-2007, 06:06 PM
I keep hearing Russell is lazy and only cares about money where does all this stuff come from? who said he only cares about money? why would he say anything like that. Here's what Tom Martinez a QB coach who still works with Tom Brady had to say about Russell

Martinez said...He's unbelievable, truly amazing
-Very Strong
-Very Agile
-He has great touch
-He does things naturally
-Receptive student
-JaMarcus played in the SEC against NFL-type defenses

Martinez also said...

"I know who I'd take. A JaMarcus does not come along very often. There have been a lot of Brady Quinns."

JaMarcus is rare we will be sorry if we pass on him 3 years from now.

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-03-2007, 06:09 PM
I most certainly wont.
theres been alot of good college QBs with great arms that fail in the NFL.i think Russell is another one of those guys.

Paranoidmoonduck
02-03-2007, 06:14 PM
I most certainly wont.
theres been alot of good college QBs with great arms that fail in the NFL.i think Russell is another one of those guys.

And I think classifying Russell as just another big-armed quarterback, no different than Jordan Palmer, is selling him drastically short.

Windy
02-03-2007, 06:34 PM
with pete carroll saying he expects the raiders to pick russell and 3 different newspaper articles reporting that after the kiffin news conference al davis said he should of picked leinart, drafting a qb is very possible this year.

Oaktown1981
02-03-2007, 06:39 PM
83 more days until JaMarcus Russell is Raider

RaiderNation
02-03-2007, 06:51 PM
83 more days until JaMarcus Russell is Raider

dont u mean calvin johnson :wink:

raidersfanxxx
02-03-2007, 06:51 PM
:D 8)

dpgiffin
02-03-2007, 07:04 PM
[quote]Only1pickJamarcusRusell tell me what u know about jamarcus russell. ur gonna say big 6'6 260 guy who has a huge arm and will go on and on about how he played in the SEC. lemme ask u a question, did u watch any of his games? his decion making isnt good. he played well vs a very bad ND defence. Jamacrus doesnt have what it takes to be a nfl qb. hes not smart enough and only is in it or the money.calvin johnson is the more likely pick because it looks like moss and porter are gone. walter did better than number1 overal pick alex smith did his first season. if we didnt do as many 7 step drops, walter would have done much better. i wouldnt mind adrian peterson because jordan hurt his knee and could be gone. as doingthisindteadorwork said all the young qb's in the league have a good rb behind them. a rb would help our run by making the defence play the run.

I'd like to know what issue of race was brought up in the argumenti was adressing O1pJR and Romyrick.which is why i said and for the people.
I didnt direct it at you at all.

Sorry about that my bad

RaiderNation
02-03-2007, 07:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ20h3p3k2Q
OR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f58p4R7RfA[/b]

RaiderNation
02-03-2007, 07:20 PM
look at cj's body control when he goes after those balls. just amazing. has great hands and can catch with one hand as u see in that video too. hes a a absolute FREAK athlete

look at AD in that video. alot of those runs come in the 3rd and 4th quarter which is very important. he out runs or runs any1 over. hes a special athlete.[/b]

Komp
02-03-2007, 07:51 PM
I just hope CJ doesn't get picked up by the Bucs if we don't take him....I hate the Bucs

RaiderNation
02-03-2007, 07:54 PM
I just hope CJ doesn't get picked up by the Bucs if we don't take him....I hate the Bucs

i have to agree with u. they stole our coach and killed us in the suberbowl. only one thing i like about them is we got sapp from them

Paranoidmoonduck
02-03-2007, 08:13 PM
Well, we gave them our coach. They didn't steal anything.

TheChampIsHere
02-03-2007, 11:45 PM

yea, and we got a lot of picks for him too, and we used most of them to help draft all the young guys that now make up our great defense.

And I dunno about ya'll but I still got mad love for Gruden.

RaiderNation
02-03-2007, 11:58 PM

yea, and we got a lot of picks for him too, and we used most of them to help draft all the young guys that now make up our great defense.

And I dunno about ya'll but I still got mad love for Gruden.

i still do too. i thought they only gave us their 1st round for him?(which was last because they won the sb over us :evil: ) we picked tyler brayton with that pick he hasnt done really good at all. thats why i consider it a steal because we have barely gotten value back from it.

portermvp84
02-04-2007, 12:40 AM
Was that the draft we got Fragus and Johnson in?

RaiderNation
02-04-2007, 12:45 AM
Was that the draft we got Fragus and Johnson in?

http://www.raiders.com/history/draft_history.jsp

yup

Menard4MVP
02-04-2007, 05:01 AM

I watched a lot of his games.

How can you have that type of season and be a bad decision maker, that's ********, the kid is 21, Peyton Manning makes bad decisions still, and he's 31 and one of the best to play the game.

"Jamarcus doesnt have what it takes to be a nfl qb. hes not smart enough and only is in it or the money.calvin johnson is the more likely pick because it looks like moss and porter are gone. "

LOL!!!

I shouldn't even bother answering this ******** mediot junk. Russell made a joke, and the kid is very smart, Tom Brady's mentor thinks he's EXCEPTIONAL. But you keep on spilling your naive spiteful mediot ********.

Wake up.

Porter is staying, as must has been said by Al and Kiffin. Of course Moss will go, but that does not mean CJ will be drafted, it's possible a WR comes in in return or from FA.

locseti
02-04-2007, 05:51 AM

hows that funny? USC is the QB U now with have palmer and leinart doing good. JDB has a chance to be top 10 pick because he has a great HC and will win the national championchip :twisted:

also if we have another top 10 pick(hopefully not), he could go to us since our HC was usc's OC

I think he was laughing at the prediction that we will be picking 32nd. But JDB in the top 10 is funny as well, seeing as how he won't even be the starter next yr.

Unlike a lot of you, I am very undecided as to who we should pick 1st overall. I wish that we were picking 1st in a year where there was a clear cut 1st overall pick, but there is so many ways we can go this year.

Personally, I think JaMarcus is like Bizarro Vince Young. They are both huge, physical freaks. They know how to get the job done, and are both gamers. But their skillsets have been reversed, Vince is an incredibly gifted runner, and JaMarcus is an incredibly gifted passer. Vince is not a great passer (yet) and JaMarcus doesen't have much running ability (although he will run you over.)

To be honest, I wouldn't be dissapointed if we picked JaMarcus, AD, CJ, or even Brady Quinn. Heck, I wouldn't be dissapointed with Marshawn Lynch either. I think they all will be good pros. And their presence here in Oakland will be an upgrade over what we currently have. There are so many ways we can go. But I will support Kiffin and Davis, as long as it's not Joe Thomas at #1.

NIN1984
02-04-2007, 12:14 PM
I don't care what kind of freak Calvin Johnson is in you don't rebuild an offense around a WR!

Aaron Brooks won't be on the team, Andrew Walter was a project of Norv Turner ( he thought he was the best QB in that draft) wow that's great go ship his ass to Dallas if Turner gets that job, Al Davis hiring Lane Kiffin shows me he is finally looking into the future so let Lane Kiffin get his guy

and rumor has it, its JaMarcus Russell :D

wesbun27
02-04-2007, 01:19 PM
we need a qbon day 2.

A QB on day ?

Total rubbish.

who
A QB completes 68% of his passes knows how to read defenses. Andrew Walter is worse at reading defenses that Russell.....Anyone Remember that Steelers game??? Worst Interception ever

slightlyaraiderfan
02-04-2007, 01:31 PM
oh really :?

RaiderNation
02-04-2007, 02:01 PM
oh really :?

worst news ive heard all day

NIN1984
02-04-2007, 02:11 PM
Take it as a rumor just as I said, we will hear a ton of different things before the draft.

Paranoidmoonduck
02-04-2007, 02:32 PM
I don't care what kind of freak Calvin Johnson is in you don't rebuild an offense around a WR!

Aaron Brooks won't be on the team, Andrew Walter was a project of Norv Turner ( he thought he was the best QB in that draft) wow that's great go ship his ass to Dallas if Turner gets that job, Al Davis hiring Lane Kiffin shows me he is finally looking into the future so let Lane Kiffin get his guy

I am totally sick of this "building a team" ideal. We are talking about one player. This team need many many new players. I don't understand how drafting Calvin Johnson could every be construed as a "bad" move.

NIN1984
02-04-2007, 02:39 PM
Raiders have pretty much nothing on Offense we have question marks every where, QB,RB,WR,TE, O-line

IMO you draft a QB and than build around him not a WR but that’s just my opinion.

Paranoidmoonduck
02-04-2007, 02:47 PM
Raiders have pretty much nothing on Offense we have question marks every where, QB,RB,WR,TE, O-line

IMO you draft a QB and than build around him not a WR but that’s just my opinion.

Tell me why drafting a WR this year and a QB sometime in the next 2 years is different that doing it the opposite way? The only one I can think of is that if we draft a quarterback later he won't be subjected to getting his ass beat every time he step behind the offensive line.

NIN1984
02-04-2007, 02:48 PM
I see JaMarcus Russell as a very rare talent.

Paranoidmoonduck
02-04-2007, 02:51 PM
I see JaMarcus Russell as a very rare talent.

And Calvin Johnson isn't?

NIN1984
02-04-2007, 02:53 PM
Great WRs come out all the time Johnson,Fitz,Williams, how many QBs have you seen like Russell?

its like no lets not draft a QB because he will just get killed, ok so Walter won't get killed? how is he gonna get the ball to CJ?

Russell has no chance but Walter or some free agent QB will be fine

AlexDown
02-04-2007, 02:54 PM
I think this "rare talent" or "comes once every decade" when it comes to the draft is pretty overblown.

Larry
02-04-2007, 03:16 PM
Take a QB, you can't build an offense around a WR.

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-04-2007, 03:33 PM
RB is the best.a young QB will rarely get anything done without a good running game.Oakland doesnt have that now.
Saying Russell is unique and doesnt come out very often is BS.QBs with great arms come out all the time from college.
A QB will take at least 3 years to develop.
A RB can be a playmaker the moment he steps out on the field.

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-04-2007, 03:44 PM
http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=66&p=2&c=615129&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fstory.scout.com%2fa.z%3f s%3d66%26p%3d2%26c%3d615129

RaiderNation
02-04-2007, 04:08 PM
http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=66&p=2&c=615129&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fstory.scout.com%2fa.z%3f s%3d66%26p%3d2%26c%3d615129

AD or trade up/down for lynch, i like to hear that :twisted:

all u sayn russell is a rare talent ,well he isnt. every year a franchise qb comes out. i personaly think last year we should have drated leinart or cutler. i we did we could address our playmakers this year. huff is a great talent but i didnt see him do much last year. i hope he has a great sophmore season

Menard4MVP
02-04-2007, 04:28 PM

Tell me why drafting a WR this year and a QB sometime in the next 2 years is different that doing it the opposite way? The only one I can think of is that if we draft a quarterback later he won't be subjected to getting his ass beat every time he step behind the offensive line.

It's always the same every single draft.

"Lets draft a QB next year"

Enough already.

QB is the premier position in football, WR's are nothing by comparison.

FACT.

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-04-2007, 04:31 PM

It's always the same every single draft.

"Lets draft a QB next year"

Enough already.

QB is the premier position in football, WR's are nothing by comparison.

FACT.football isnt an individual sport.fact.
QBs cannot get anything done without a good Oline.fact.

RaiderNation
02-04-2007, 04:35 PM
its also a fact that a great running game is better than a great passing game because u can control the game

KCJ58
02-04-2007, 04:38 PM
didn't Calvin Johnson say he didnt want to play 4 the Raiders y would u waste ur first pick on a guy who dosnt even want to be there like Moss and Porter we already have enough drama at WR

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-04-2007, 05:05 PM
that source was totally unreliable.

Hawk
02-04-2007, 05:09 PM
the Packers would enjoy taking Moss off you hands :D

RaiderNation
02-04-2007, 05:13 PM
the Packers would enjoy taking Moss off you hands :D

then make a offer

RaiderNation
02-04-2007, 05:13 PM
that source was totally unreliable.

hopefully

AZ9er
02-04-2007, 10:53 PM
What about trading your 6th round pick for Matt Cassell?

wesbun27
02-04-2007, 11:03 PM

Because WR is a position in the NFL that can be easily filled. Finding quality QBs isnt as easy. The two teams in the Super Bowl are a prime example. Both have 1st round QBs and both did not pick a WR in the top 10

Paranoidmoonduck
02-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Because WR is a position in the NFL that can be easily filled. Finding quality QBs isnt as easy. The two teams in the Super Bowl are a prime example. Both have 1st round QBs and both did not pick a WR in the top 10

Yeah, Rex Grossman is totally the reason the Bears were in the Superbowl. I'd like to see you actually prove that Russell is a rarer talent than CJ.

AZ9er
02-04-2007, 11:09 PM
or a 7th rounder for MC.

Windy
02-04-2007, 11:11 PM
or a 7th rounder for MC.

honestly , i'd do that deal.

Paranoidmoonduck
02-04-2007, 11:12 PM
or a 7th rounder for MC.

I wouldn't be opposed if someone in the organization had some information on Cassell beyond the fact that the Pats like him.

RaiderNation
02-04-2007, 11:34 PM
i would do either for cassell. if he doesnt turn out very good, all we gave up is a 6th or 7th rounder.

AZ9er
02-04-2007, 11:37 PM
I really can see this occurring. But I think the Pats are very stubborn about giving up someone like that, and won't sign Asante Samuel. LOL

Paranoidmoonduck
02-04-2007, 11:49 PM
I really can see this occurring. But I think the Pats are very stubborn about giving up someone like that, and won't sign Asante Samuel. LOL

I would bet money that the Pats ask for more than just a 6th or a 7th.

PackerFan20
02-04-2007, 11:55 PM
Just wonderin Raiders fans, what would yall like in a trade from green bay for moss? (Also lets be reasonable and not say Favre,Driver Hawk, etc cuz that sort of stuff wont happen)

RaiderNation
02-04-2007, 11:59 PM
Just wonderin Raiders fans, what would yall like in a trade from green bay for moss? (Also lets be reasonable and not say Favre,Driver Hawk, etc cuz that sort of stuff wont happen)

if we could get a 2nd or 3rd i would be happy with that. or 4th and a pretty good player(mayb a olinemen,DT,DE,RB or WR

Menard4MVP
02-05-2007, 07:00 AM
TEST

gettembuck
02-05-2007, 08:07 AM
Just wonderin Raiders fans, what would yall like in a trade from green bay for moss? (Also lets be reasonable and not say Favre,Driver Hawk, etc cuz that sort of stuff wont happen)nobody wants Favre except Packer fans.

NIN1984
02-05-2007, 09:32 AM
If Bears really do trade Thomas Jones I hope Raiders would be all over that.

Moss for Jones would be sooooo awesome

Menard4MVP
02-05-2007, 10:18 AM
If Bears really do trade Thomas Jones I hope Raiders would be all over that.

Moss for Jones would be sooooo awesome

I'd be all over it as a Raider fan.

RaiderLifer
02-05-2007, 12:36 PM

Moss the 33rd overall and next years 4th for the #16 pick. It works out on the value chart and would allow us to end up with Russell/CJ at 1 and Lynch at #16. This would be perfect. 8)

wesbun27
02-05-2007, 01:43 PM

Yeah, Rex Grossman is totally the reason the Bears were in the Superbowl. I'd like to see you actually prove that Russell is a rarer talent than CJ.

I did not say that. I said that you need a "quality QB" to win in this league. The Bears would not be in the Super if they had Andrew Walter or Aaron Brooks starting at QB. Cj and Russell are both rare talents. But CJ plays a WR position and Russell is QB. QB is a more important especially for a team that has lacked stability in that position for years. Russell is the pick

Windy
02-05-2007, 01:53 PM
here is that info from that article about who we scouted.

it looks like a 2nd-3rd round RB.

The Oakland Raiders can finally move forward with the off-season and focus on free agency and the draft. While the top has been unsteady until now, scouts have been working the beat – and they are looking at a running back.

The Raiders production at running back hasn’t been what they envisioned since signing LaMont Jordan. Perhaps a combination of the offensive line and a lack of burst, they met privately at the Hula Bowl with Fresno State running back Dwayne Wright.

slightlyaraiderfan
02-05-2007, 02:23 PM

The Oakland Raiders can finally move forward with the off-season and focus on free agency and the draft. While the top has been unsteady until now, scouts have been working the beat – and they are looking at a running back.

The Raiders production at running back hasn’t been what they envisioned since signing LaMont Jordan. Perhaps a combination of the offensive line and a lack of burst, they met privately at the Hula Bowl with Fresno State running back Dwayne Wright.
This doesn't completely rule out AP...but it's just another hint that they aren't thinking Adrian in the 1st. Possibly a QB or Calvin.

RaiderLifer
02-05-2007, 03:09 PM

This doesn't completely rule out AP...but it's just another hint that they aren't thinking Adrian in the 1st. Possibly a QB or Calvin.

Don't know much about this kid but what I do know I like. His numbers are really impressive and if he runs as well as he claims he will in the interview with Scott I could see him being a real possibility. I didn't get to watch a lot of Fresno State games anybody know more about this kid?

NIN1984
02-05-2007, 03:18 PM
It seems like it will be JaMarcus Russell or Calvin Johnson...

Will Al let Kiffin make the pick?

Is it really true Al Davis wanted Matt Leinart?

Can the Raiders trade Moss and cut LaMont Jordan, what kind of cap hit will that be? that would be HUGE. I don't see Raiders drafting AP (I would over CJ) but LaMont is making so much money and if we trade Moss I just can't see all this happening.

It will come down to how much faith does Al Davis have in Andrew Walter, but than again it’s the Raiders so who knows maybe we will draft Alan Branch

RaiderNation
02-05-2007, 05:47 PM
It seems like it will be JaMarcus Russell or Calvin Johnson...

Will Al let Kiffin make the pick?

Can the Raiders trade Moss and cut LaMont Jordan, what kind of cap hit will that be? that would be HUGE. I don't see Raiders drafting AP (I would over CJ) but LaMont is making so much money and if we trade Moss I just can't see all this happening.

It will come down to how much faith does Al Davis have in Andrew Walter, but than again it’s the Raiders so who knows maybe we will draft Alan Branch

i think this drafts will depend on what we do with moss and jordan. moss is hopefully getting traded or released. if we keep him though there no chance of drafting CJ. with jordan he torn his mcl and might get cut/traded. that means rb is a big need so AD or a trade down/up to get lynch is possible. i really hope we get rid of 1 or both of them so we dont have to draft russell. if it comes down to us getting russell, i will support him but i think we will regret passing on both AD and CJ.

slightlyaraiderfan
02-05-2007, 05:51 PM
Yes, he did. After the Kiffen press conference, he said something like that.

RaiderNation
02-05-2007, 05:57 PM
Yes, he did. After the Kiffen press conference, he said something like that.

just wonder what could have been mayb.... leinart and kiffen

RaiderNation
02-05-2007, 06:03 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=1655&line=89000&spln=1

The Green Bay Press-Gazette reports the Raiders have engaged in preliminary trade talks with "several teams" regarding Randy Moss.
The Packers are believed to have spoken with Oakland, though that's not confirmed. There was a rumor that Brett Favre wants Moss on his team; the two are considered mutual admirers and share an agent. The St. Petersburg Times believes he could be had for a third-rounder, but we suspect the Packers' second-round pick might bring Moss to Green Bay.

wesbun27
02-05-2007, 07:38 PM
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/488/lamonica21oq0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

The Mad Bomber Part I

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/7936/20060930depfut906896pg1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

The Mad Bomber Part II

XtremeRaider
02-05-2007, 07:42 PM
Wondering what you guys thought :

Raiders :

Trade down to 3/4 to Browns (just hope the owner's man-love with Russel is accurate LOL)

We recieve a 1st, 2nd, 5th and 1st in 2008

***I will NOT include any trades of our WR *** (Just to much work and time consuming)

1. Adrian Peterson - RB - Oaklahoma
2a. Ben Grubbs - LG - Auburn
2b. Zach Miller - TE - ASU (Browns)
3a. Josh Beekman - C - BC
3b. Kareem Brown - DT - Miami (FL) (Compensatory)
4. Aaron Rouse - SS - VT (Allows us to move Huff to FS)
5a. Tim Crowder - DE - Texas
5b. Marcus Thomas - DT - Florida (Browns)
5c. Le'Ron Mclain - FB - Alabama (Patriots)
6. Travarous Bain - CB - Hampton
7a. Justin Hickman - DE - UCLA
7b. Justin Medlock - K - UCLA (Jets)

Obviously, i see the problem, "didnt draft a QB early!" But if i had to make a WR trade it would be Moss to Packers for 3rd and Ferguson (As reported by Mort on ESPN). With "3c" i would use it on a guy like Drew Stanton maybe even Trent Edwards.

RaiderNation
02-05-2007, 09:00 PM

Raiders :

Trade down to 3/4 to Browns (just hope the owner's man-love with Russel is accurate LOL)

***I will NOT include any trades of our WR *** (Just to much work and time consuming)

Obviously, i see the problem, "didnt draft a QB early!" But if i had to make a WR trade it would be Moss to Packers for 3rd and Ferguson (As reported by Mort on ESPN). With "3c" i would use it on a guy like Drew Stanton maybe even Trent Edwards.

why draft a G in the second? we have 2 rookie guards allready. OT right their please. we already got stu at FS and hes doing really good so id keep huff at ss unless we just switch huff in stu

XtremeRaider
02-05-2007, 09:26 PM
why draft a G in the second? we have 2 rookie guards allready. OT right their please. we already got stu at FS and hes doing really good so id keep huff at ss unless we just switch huff in stu

I forgot to add that i believe that the ONE big FA aquisition we will have is Eric Steinbach. It seems we will be a ZBS and i think that Stienbach will project to LT. As for McQuistan he finshed the year at LG and i was not very impressed, he showed no real improvement like Boothe did.

Eventual Projected O-Line (Perhaps by 2008)

LT - Steinbach
LG - Grubbs
C - Beekman
RG - Boothe
RT - Gallery

Now as for the Rouse selection, i personally think Stui is not the playmaker/tackler (like many other Raider fans) that Huff could be FS. Huff projects much better at FS and selecting Rouse would enable us to move him over. Also, having Rouse would substantially help our run defense as he is like having an undersized LB in the box

XtremeRaider
02-05-2007, 09:28 PM

I forgot to add that i believe that the ONE big FA aquisition we will have is Eric Steinbach. It seems we will be a ZBS and i think that Stienbach will project to LT. As for McQuistan he finshed the year at LG and i was not very impressed, he showed no real improvement like Boothe did.

Eventual Projected O-Line (Perhaps by 2008)

LT - Steinbach
LG - Grubbs
C - Beekman
RG - Boothe
RT - Gallery

Now as for the Rouse selection, i personally think Stui is not the playmaker/tackler (like many other Raider fans) that Huff could be FS. Stui misses entirely too many open field tackles where the only thing he touches are ankles/shoelaces. Huff projects much better at FS and selecting Rouse would enable us to move him over. Also, having Rouse would substantially help our run defense as he is like having an undersized LB in the box

Komp
02-05-2007, 09:43 PM

Raiders :

Man I would take that trade in a heartbeat....I'd even take it without the 5th rdr....hell I'd take it if they offered a 1st, 2nd, 5th and than a 2nd rdr next year....like I've been saying, any of the top 4 [CJ,AD,JR,BQ] skill players instantly improves a position. At this point I could care less who we pick, I'd rather maximize our pick value.

Do you think the Browns would want to trade up to beat the Lions to Quinn? Somehow I don't see the Browns going with Jamarcus, altho the Lions might take him.

XtremeRaider
02-05-2007, 09:59 PM
Man I would take that trade in a heartbeat....I'd even take it without the 5th rdr....hell I'd take it if they offered a 1st, 2nd, 5th and than a 2nd rdr next year....like I've been saying, any of the top 4 [CJ,AD,JR,BQ] skill players instantly improves a position. At this point I could care less who we pick, I'd rather maximize our pick value.

Do you think the Browns would want to trade up to beat the Lions to Quinn? Somehow I don't see the Browns going with Jamarcus, altho the Lions might take him.

Actually it has been reported that the Browns owner would in fact prefer Russel because they both share the same roots (Mobile, Alabama i believe) so its kinda like bringing in a hometown kid.

Stash
02-05-2007, 11:20 PM
Sounds like it would be a good trade, but I think it is a bit of a reach. I don't think the Browns would give away that much just to move up 2-3 spots.

RaiderNation
02-05-2007, 11:21 PM
Sounds like it would be a good trade, but I think it is a bit of a reach. I don't think the Browns would give away that much just to move up 2-3 spots.

unless they want to beat det or bucs(in they get pick before browns) for quinn,russell or joe thomas

V. Young
02-05-2007, 11:23 PM

unless they want to beat det or bucs(in they get pick before browns) for quinn,russell or joe thomas
Whats number fan on your sig? Do you mean number 1 fan.....?

RaiderNation
02-06-2007, 12:15 AM

Whats number fan on your sig? Do you mean number 1 fan.....?

:evil:

Menard4MVP
02-06-2007, 07:47 AM
He's the number #1 of drafting a WR over a QB, which makes zero sense.

The rest of his sig "Jamarcus Russell will be a bust" shows how childish and ridiculous he is.

Deep down he knows how great Russell is going to be and he knows Davis will absolutely love what this kid brings, but he wants his hero WR iosntead and is desperate to slander Russell.

In time honoured juvenile style.

Elite position QB -Russell>Any 2nd class position WR - Johnson.

gettembuck
02-06-2007, 09:11 AM

The rest of his sig "Jamarcus Russell will be a bust" shows how childish and ridiculous he is.

Deep down he knows how great Russell is going to be and he knows Davis will absolutely love what this kid brings, but he wants his hero WR iosntead and is desperate to slander Russell.

Elite position QB -Russell>Any 2nd class position WR - Johnson.your user name is completely non-ridiculous though....

portermvp84
02-06-2007, 09:44 AM
I think we should at least try to trade down to maybe about pick 5.

Menard4MVP
02-06-2007, 10:59 AM

Elite position QB -Russell>Any 2nd class position WR - Johnson.your user name is completely non-ridiculous though....

Nothing ridiculous about puttting QB ahead of every other need as it's the most important position, ask any GM/HC where they build from - it isn't from WR.

The Raiders have passed on QB way to often.

Menard4MVP
02-06-2007, 11:02 AM

Yeah, that's a great idea, that way we miss all the top talent. Thank god Davis never trades back.

Why not trade back to #25 and have done with it?

RaiderLifer
02-06-2007, 01:37 PM

Yeah, that's a great idea, that way we miss all the top talent. Thank god Davis never trades back.

If we traded back to 5 (I can't see the Cardinals doing that but let's entertain the idea anyway) that would mean the Cards want Joe Thomas and needed to jump Det, so it would probably go..

Cards: Joe Thomas

Detroit: Quinn (Can't take CJ and Quinn is more polished than Russell Millen needs to win now)

Cleveland: AD (Romeo is also on the hot seat and a strong running game will buy him a couple more years)

Tampa: CJ (Just signed Chris Simms and CJ is BPA)

Oakland: Jamarcus Russell (Not saying it for sure would go down like this but it I could really see this happening. We go down to 5 and still get the guy you are clamoring for. As long as Joe Thomas or a defensive player goes before 5 we are guaranteed either Quinn, Russell, CJ, or AD and I could live with that plus a couple picks for trading down.) 8)

Menard4MVP
02-06-2007, 05:01 PM

If we traded back to 5 (I can't see the Cardinals doing that but let's entertain the idea anyway) that would mean the Cards want Joe Thomas and needed to jump Det, so it would probably go..

Detroit: Quinn (Can't take CJ and Quinn is more polished than Russell Millen needs to win now)

Cleveland: AD (Romeo is also on the hot seat and a strong running game will buy him a couple more years)

Oakland: Jamarcus Russell (Not saying it for sure would go down like this but it I could really see this happening. We go down to 5 and still get the guy you are clamoring for. As long as Joe Thomas or a defensive player goes before 5 we are guaranteed either Quinn, Russell, CJ, or AD and I could live with that plus a couple picks for trading down.) 8)

That's fine as long as you don't want Russell, and you don't care who you get instead, Russell does not make it to the 5th pick, you are assuming 4 teams won't pick him, and then assuming no-one moves up past the Raiders.

The Raiders have the 1st pick in the draft, what they won't do is give that up for a coupe of picks and whoever is left on the table after everyone else has picked over the elite talent. They will not move all the way down to #5 and leave it to chance.

Davis will decide on the player he wants, and he will ensure that he gets him - FACT. He always gets his man in the 1st round, unless, like last year with VY that proves impossible.

Trading down makes sense if you don't care who you get, Al Davis will care who he gets and you can take that to the bank. This is why all these trade backs plans are fantasy.

If you think Al Davis will adopt a "we'll trade back and pick whoever is left" attitude you are sadly mistaken.

Ps, Can you tell me the last time Al Davis traded back in the 1st round?

:wink:

RaiderLifer
02-06-2007, 05:20 PM

That's fine as long as you don't want Russell, and you don't care who you get instead, Russell does not make it to the 5th pick, you are assuming 4 teams won't pick him, and then assuming no-one moves up past the Raiders.

The Raiders have the 1st pick in the draft, what they won't do is give that up for a coupe of picks and whoever is left on the table after everyone else has picked over the elite talent. They will not move all the way down to #5 and leave it to chance.

Davis will decide on the player he wants, and he will ensure that he gets him - FACT. He always gets his man in the 1st round, unless, like last year with VY that proves impossible.

Trading down makes sense if you don't care who you get, Al Davis will care who he gets and you can take that to the bank. This is why all these trade backs plans are fantasy.

If you think Al Davis will adopt a "we'll trade back and pick whoever is left" attitude you are sadly mistaken.

Ps, Can you tell me the last time Al Davis traded back in the 1st round?

Question, can you point to anywhere in my post where it says this will happen or even that it is likely to happen? No because I agree it is highly unlikely. I was simply pointing out that not having "elite" talent at 5 is an overstatement. I bet if Scott did a mock where we traded to 5 either Quinn or Russell would be there at 5 and it would most likely be Russell. When I said "I could see it going down like this" it was in the context of a mock that already assumed we moved down to 5. I like Russell a whole lot but I also like Quinn, CJ and AD as prospects. If you think that they aren't elite well then that is just where we disagree. I sure as hell don't know that this is the way it would go and neither do you. We agree that chances are Al won't trade back but a poster suggested that that is what he thought we "should" do and I was illustrating that there would still be great prospects on the board at 5. I'm well aware of Al's tendencies so you can cease being condescending :wink:

SubNoize
02-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Cable has been officially announced as O-Line coach and we have also tabbed Darren Perry former Pitts. defensive back coach to the same position to assist Wille Brown... Looks like Kiffin is rollin now, all we need is a couple more offensive assistants, WR coach and the staff is filled. Great work by Kiff so far, can't wait to see his influence in the draft, I think we're headed in the right direction. Just check out Raiders.com to see the story with both new hires...

raidersfanxxx
02-06-2007, 06:36 PM
Cable has been officially announced as O-Line coach and we have also tabbed Darren Perry former Pitts. defensive back coach to the same position to assist Wille Brown... Looks like Kiffin is rollin now, all we need is a couple more offensive assistants, WR coach and the staff is filled. Great work by Kiff so far, can't wait to see his influence in the draft, I think we're headed in the right direction. Just check out Raiders.com to see the story with both new hires...

i like the way things are goin to. does anyone know what kind of blocking system gallery and grove were in back in college? how will they fare in the ZBS??

SubNoize
02-06-2007, 06:52 PM
no idea, we'll have to search the college thread for Iowa and VT fans and see if they know...

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-06-2007, 07:00 PM

Why not trade back to #25 and have done with it?thank god Al doesnt draft QBs in the 1st.

SubNoize
02-06-2007, 07:20 PM
yeah because Collins, Buerlein, Schroeder, Hostetler, George all tore it up in Silver and Black, thank god we didn't draft any productive 1st round Qbs because Marc Wilson, Eldridge Dickey and Marinovich busted, so that means all Raider Qbs in the first would bust right??? That means we have to take CJ or AD because they'll be soo productive w/ Walter or Damon Huard or Garcia or the next hack veteran at QB...

Komp
02-06-2007, 07:22 PM
no idea, we'll have to search the college thread for Iowa and VT fans and see if they know...

I already asked in the college thread [one step ahead of ya :p] and they said Iowa did not use a ZBS as their main blocking system, but they would use it occasionally on certain plays. Gallery is a good enough athlete to play a ZBS. It's never been his athleticism that has been questioned.

Paranoidmoonduck
02-06-2007, 08:00 PM
Gallery sucks because his confidence is shot and he gained a ton of weight. I think it has very little to do with schematics at this point.

As I've said before, I think we will pick at #1 overall come draft day, and I think that at this point the race is between Johnson and Russell.

The scouts have a lot more film to watch on Russell, but the initial reactions are very positive, and many seem to be grading him significantly above Quinn at this point. That said, there are over two months left to go, and a lot will be decided in that time.

As for Peterson, if he has any real shot at going #1 overall I really think he need to workout fully at the combine, something he is unlikely to do. Even if he does, he'll have to turn in otherworldly numbers, something he is definitely capable of doing, but it is far from a sure thing. I also believe that there is room for another few prospects to entice Al Davis. A few names that spring to mind are Jamaal Anderson and Alan Branch, although I think Al and Kiffin will hold off fortifying the defense for much of this draft.

Players like Thomas, Quinn, and even Ginn have outside shots, but I very much doubt that either will be picked (yet, as I said, a lot is going to be decided before we're on the clock).

Thoughts?

NIN1984
02-06-2007, 09:03 PM
Only 80 more days of arguing guys...

lets make it count :D

RaiderNation
02-06-2007, 09:20 PM

how does it make zero since??????? moss is gone because he is not answering kiffins calls and is a total ass. porter will likely be cut for his actions last season. so we will only have curry. so a big fast wr will be a need and CJ is that and more. i agree with u that j russ has huge talent but its more of a risk of drafting a qb at number one then drafting a wr at number 1.

NIN1984
02-06-2007, 09:27 PM

how does it make zero since??????? moss is gone because he is not answering kiffins calls and is a total ass. porter will likely be cut for his actions last season. so we will only have curry. so a big fast wr will be a need and CJ is that and more. i agree with u that j russ has huge talent but its more of a risk of drafting a qb at number one then drafting a wr at number 1.

Word out right now is Jerry Porter is back with the Raides and Al Davis and Lane Kiffin want him, is it true I don't know.

J_Martinez
02-06-2007, 09:37 PM
I am not a Raiders fan but I think that Calvin Johnson would make more sense with the No. 1 pick. You guys have already have Andrew Walter, and while his 3/13 TD to INT ratio isn't great, fact is Walter will be two years ahead of either QB (Russell or Quinn) this year.

Quarterbacks take time to develop and they also need weapons. 3rd Year pro Andrew Walter throwing to Calvin Johnson would be a lot more effective than Brady Quinn throwing to Ronald Curry. Let's face it, the QB doesn't have to be great, as long as you provide him with great weapons.

Andrew Walter has the tools (great size, strong arm). He just needs to be in the right system with a supportive coaching staff. If the Raiders do take a QB however, make sure it is Quinn and not JaMarcus Russell. The Raiders need a strong leader with a good work ethic.

Brady Quinn is a workout freak who graduated from ND with a double major. The kid just oozes hard worker and could change the culture of the team. He could have left early last year but chose to finish school and break most of ND's passing records. JaMarcus Russell would be a huge mistake in my opinion. He drops out of school early to chase the big bucks and would fall into the trap of the Raider's bad boy mystique and settle for mediocrity.

liverhgnbn
02-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Let me start off with saying I understand everything around this time is a smoke screen and you always have to operate under the suspicion of speculation, However I feel some of what info I have gathered is a little more reliable than usual.

First off reports are we are after a runningback, I dont know whether to replace Lamont Jordan or to replace Fargas as a back up. The report was first stated as we are looking to add a runningback, then later a seperate source said the same thing but added we privately met with Dwayne Wright. To me this says we are not thinking about taking Adrian Peterson or trading down and taking Marshawn Lynch because why would we talk to a prospect that is projected to go in the later rounds if we already took a RB. So, to me this points towards us taking JaMarcus Russell.

Also there have been numerous reports of our interest in Kareem Brown, including this site (sightings at senior bowl), So i think that shows we are in the market for a DT.

There are certian positions I would highly doubt we'd draft for, this wil give us more clues on what to expect on draft day. I dont think we will draft any Cornerbacks or Any linebackers. I dont think we'll take any DE's or S's until later in the draft as well. The target on D, is DT.

I really think this is going to be an Offensive Draft, Al tends to be a straightforward guy when it comes to personnel. THe offense is broke this will fix it. However, I dont think we will take any Offensivelinemen early in the draft, unless we are really high on someone. This might be unpopular but I think we've draft alot of lineman lately and you cant just keep drafting until they become good. Gallery is safe with davis, Grove can play C or G, Boothe seems to be solid. I think the offensive line is going to be taken care of in FA and letting some of our young guys have a shot in a new scheme.

So, considering we take Russell that leaves us with the most pressing needs at: DT,RB,TE, FB, WR (if moss is gone).

So breaking down our picks.

1. Jamarcus Russell
2. TE or RB ( I would think Greg Olsen would fit what we are looking for and I think TE is going to be a two horse race and both should go in the 2nd round so this is the place to take one, I would love to pick Micheal Bush up here but who know's what he'll do at the combine with his knee, maybe we could get him later.
3. Kareem BRown- I think we may reach a bit with him because we like him.

From here on out I dont know much about who is going to go where, I'd like to see us get a blocking FB at some point, probably an offensive lineman, maybe someone to compete with Stu at FS?

Komp
02-06-2007, 10:55 PM
Wow I hope you don't run our draft cause I hate the Russell pick and the Bush pick. Kiffin will make the right choice but I hope he doesn't fall in love with Russell's arm strength. A QB's intangibles are at least as important as his arm strength [ex. Rich Gannon, Jeff Garcia, Tom Brady].

Paranoidmoonduck
02-06-2007, 11:26 PM
Wow I hope you don't run our draft cause I hate the Russell pick and the Bush pick. Kiffin will make the right choice but I hope he doesn't fall in love with Russell's arm strength. A QB's intangibles are at least as important as his arm strength [ex. Rich Gannon, Jeff Garcia, Tom Brady].

I don't know what Russell you're talking about, but Russell by all right has great intangibles.

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-06-2007, 11:29 PM
Gallery sucks because his confidence is shot and he gained a ton of weight. I think it has very little to do with schematics at this point.

As I've said before, I think we will pick at #1 overall come draft day, and I think that at this point the race is between Johnson and Russell.

The scouts have a lot more film to watch on Russell, but the initial reactions are very positive, and many seem to be grading him significantly above Quinn at this point. That said, there are over two months left to go, and a lot will be decided in that time.

As for Peterson, if he has any real shot at going #1 overall I really think he need to workout fully at the combine, something he is unlikely to do. Even if he does, he'll have to turn in otherworldly numbers, something he is definitely capable of doing, but it is far from a sure thing. I also believe that there is room for another few prospects to entice Al Davis. A few names that spring to mind are Jamaal Anderson and Alan Branch, although I think Al and Kiffin will hold off fortifying the defense for much of this draft.

Players like Thomas, Quinn, and even Ginn have outside shots, but I very much doubt that either will be picked (yet, as I said, a lot is going to be decided before we're on the clock).

Thoughts?indeed Dline(preferabley DT) is a day one pick mandatory.Burgess and Sapp were the only guys holding the line apart this year is as starters.
The news about Dwayne Wright i like.Him and Fargas would be a good one-two punch.
At this point I dont think Al will go after CJ.especially if he wants to keep Porter.
I think it will come down to AP,Anderson,and Branch,or trade down.

RaiderNation
02-06-2007, 11:33 PM

Thoughts?indeed Dline(preferabley DT) is a day one pick mandatory.Burgess and Sapp were the only guys holding the line apart this year is as starters.
The news about Dwayne Wright i like.Him and Fargas would be a good one-two punch.
At this point I dont think Al will go after CJ.especially if he wants to keep Porter.
I think it will come down to AP,Anderson,and Branch,or trade down.
we wont take anderson or branch with the first overall pick i think. i think the only way we get them is trade down. so i think if we keep porter it will be in this order i hope:AD,Quinn or Russell. i also agree with everything on the dline u said too

KWill93
02-07-2007, 12:13 AM
Aaron Brooks was a bust! Everyone throw out ideas for your QB

TheChampIsHere
02-07-2007, 12:13 AM
Im thinkin about it and I dont really think anyone else in the top 10 would pick Russell, not many of them would go after QBs and he doesnt fit into their offenses that well either. I think the Raiders should really be looking to trade down and pick up Russell...Maybe to ARI at 5? Im sure they'd love to get Joe Thomas

RaiderNation
02-07-2007, 12:24 AM
Aaron Brooks was a bust! Everyone throw out ideas for your QB

how is he a bust? i knew he wasnt be that good anyways. i expected a little more but i think hed just mentor walter all along

Paranoidmoonduck
02-07-2007, 12:25 AM
Im thinkin about it and I dont really think anyone else in the top 10 would pick Russell, not many of them would go after QBs and he doesnt fit into their offenses that well either. I think the Raiders should really be looking to trade down and pick up Russell...Maybe to ARI at 5? Im sure they'd love to get Joe Thomas

I think Cleveland is going to consider Russell heavily. There seems to be some rumors floating about that they love the kid, and if we really traded down with the intent to grab him and then missed out, it would really suck hard.

I really don't see Al trading down.

RaiderNation
02-07-2007, 12:29 AM

I think Cleveland is going to consider Russell heavily. There seems to be some rumors floating about that they love the kid, and if we really traded down with the intent to grab him and then missed out, it would really suck hard.

i only see us trading down for anderson or branch and if browns fall in love with AD,quinn or russell. or arizona if they really want thomas

RaiderLifer
02-07-2007, 12:30 AM

Do you think the Lions are as set on Joe Thomas as everyone seems to think they are? I think Cleveland will consider him but with the Romeo, Weiss connection I would think they would lean towards Brady. Could be wrong though. Outside of Detroit and Cleveland I think we are the only other ones that are going to even consider a QB that high. Your right though Al most likely will not trade down.

Paranoidmoonduck
02-07-2007, 12:31 AM
i only see us trading down for anderson or branch and if browns fall in love with AD,quinn or russell. or arizona if they really want thomas

If some team is willing to pay out the ass for our pick, I think it's a possibility, but I certainly wouldn't count on it.

RaiderLifer
02-07-2007, 12:33 AM

If Cleveland fell in love with AD and Al wanted Russell I could see it happening.

J_Martinez
02-07-2007, 12:54 AM
Ok listen up I'm only going to say this one more time. The Raiders are not going to draft JaMarcus Russell No. 1 overall. If they do go QB, it will be Brady Quinn. This is like the Peyton Manning/Ryan Leaf debate all over again.

Manning was known as the lesser skilled, more cerebral QB. Leaf supposedly had a world of upside and a much higher ceiling. Manning just won a Super Bowl because he maximized his "limited abilities" by preparing himself mentally above and beyond any of his peers. Leaf on the other hand busted out of the league because he never had the motivation to maximize his "limitless ceiling".

Flash back to 2007. Brady Quinn has the physique of a body builder. He graduated from ND with a major in Finance and Political Science. He tutored under Charlie Weiss's pro system for two years. He has Manning's work ethic, but a much stronger arm and alot more mobility.

JaMarcus Russell on the other hand is a Daunte Culpepper waiting to happen. Here is a guy that has great size and a big arm, but not much after that. Culpepper was lucky to have a great weapon in Cris Carter and especially Randy Moss. Culpepper couldn't really digest an offense, but could drop back and heave it deep and let Moss outjump everyone else for it. Russell will be a good pro if he can have a young Randy Moss. However, if he is asked to run an offense with an average supporting cast, it won't be pretty.

First of all, for a big guy he doesn't have the mobility of a Culpepper or McNabb. Russell is a pocket passer who can occasionally avoid the rush but he's not going to scramble like Vince Young. Secondly, he's not very smart. He's going to do poorly on the Wonderlic, and most likely won't be able to run a complex pro offense effectively without great weapons. I know, I know, Vince Young got a 6 on the Wonderlic but is ROY. VY will always be an average passer, but it's his ability to win games with his legs that make him valuable. Russell is NOWHERE near the runner that Young is. Byron Leftwich comes more to mind.

All of you fans who are rooting for Russell to be the Number 1 pick, you will be sorely disappointed. History says take Brady Quinn, who will study Lane Kiffin's system well and maximize his abilities. If you take Russell, be prepared to relive the Ryan Leaf experiment 2.0.

RaiderLifer
02-07-2007, 01:00 AM
Ok listen up I'm only going to say this one more time. The Raiders are not going to draft JaMarcus Russell No. 1 overall. If they do go QB, it will be Brady Quinn. This is like the Peyton Manning/Ryan Leaf debate all over again.

Manning was known as the lesser skilled, more cerebral QB. Leaf supposedly had a world of upside and a much higher ceiling. Manning just won a Super Bowl because he maximized his "limited abilities" by preparing himself mentally above and beyond any of his peers. Leaf on the other hand busted out of the league because he never had the motivation to maximize his "limitless ceiling".

Flash back to 2007. Brady Quinn has the physique of a body builder. He graduated from ND with a major in Finance and Political Science. He tutored under Charlie Weiss's pro system for two years. He has Manning's work ethic, but a much stronger arm and alot more mobility.

JaMarcus Russell on the other hand is a Daunte Culpepper waiting to happen. Here is a guy that has great size and a big arm, but not much after that. Culpepper was lucky to have a great weapon in Cris Carter and especially Randy Moss. Culpepper couldn't really digest an offense, but could drop back and heave it deep and let Moss outjump everyone else for it. Russell will be a good pro if he can have a young Randy Moss. However, if he is asked to run an offense with an average supporting cast, it won't be pretty.

First of all, for a big guy he doesn't have the mobility of a Culpepper or McNabb. Russell is a pocket passer who can occasionally avoid the rush but he's not going to scramble like Vince Young. Secondly, he's not very smart. He's going to do poorly on the Wonderlic, and most likely won't be able to run a complex pro offense effectively without great weapons. I know, I know, Vince Young got a 6 on the Wonderlic but is ROY. VY will always be an average passer, but it's his ability to win games with his legs that make him valuable. Russell is NOWHERE near the runner that Young is. Byron Leftwich comes more to mind.

All of you fans who are rooting for Russell to be the Number 1 pick, you will be sorely disappointed. History says take Brady Quinn, who will study Lane Kiffin's system well and maximize his abilities. If you take Russell, be prepared to relive the Ryan Leaf experiment 2.0.

Well thanks for clearing that up I feel much better now that our number one pick has been decided. Now I can get a good nights sleep.

Paranoidmoonduck
02-07-2007, 01:04 AM
...words...

Well gee, now that you've compared two completely different situations using absolutely no logic it all seems so clear.

Thank you, mystical fairy.

J_Martinez
02-07-2007, 01:27 AM
...words...

Well gee, now that you've compared two completely different situations using absolutely no logic it all seems so clear.

As I mentioned before, I am not a Raiders fan. Therefore I am not as familiar with the situation surrounding the team as you are, but from an outsider's perspective it looks as if the franchise is dysfunctional at the moment.

The players don't respect the coaches, the coaches can't trust the owner and the owner would rather let miscreants pull down the morale of the team than swallow his pride and cut said players.

Frankly, there is not alot of stability with the Raiders at the moment. Therefore it is imperative that management get someone to lead the team into another era, someone to change the culture of the franchise.

Like I said, I think Calvin Johnson would be a great fit. He's a good kid whose a hard worker and won't get too full of himself. Plus that would allow ownership to get rid of Moss and Porter. Let's face it, the rest of the team see's its two stars getting paid and barely putting in a day's work and it's bound to fester a similar attitude throughout the locker room.

If the Raiders do go QB, however, Brady Quinn makes alot more sense than Russell. Quinn is a leader, and a hard worker. He will force the players to change their attitude and approach. To me, JaMarcus Russell can throw a ball 90 yards, but he's not going to lead by example in practice, in the weight room and in the classroom. Russell will just blend in with the rest of the non-chalant veterans and settle for mediocrity.

locseti
02-07-2007, 01:29 AM
...words...

:lol: :lol: Mystical Fairy?!! I haven't laughed like that for awhile

KCJ58
02-07-2007, 01:31 AM
Raiders will draft Brady Quinn when Tampa Bay drafts Jeff Samarjiza?

locseti
02-07-2007, 01:32 AM
from an outsider's perspective it looks as if the franchise is dysfunctional at the moment.

How did you come to that conclusion?

Paranoidmoonduck
02-07-2007, 01:35 AM
...more words...

Well, that makes a bit more sense than saying "Russell = Leaf!!!".

Either way, I'd like to hear your reasoning for Quinn being a better leader than Russell. By all rights, Russell has displayed far more confidence, better pocket presence, a rare ability to get over mistakes, etc. He also allegedly has tremendous presence in the huddle. So I'm not really sure where you are getting that Quinn is such a higher character pickup.

I agree on the Johnson front, but I don't agree at all with your assessment of Russell in the least.

Years of in-depth undercover research! :wink:

J_Martinez
02-07-2007, 01:42 AM
from an outsider's perspective it looks as if the franchise is dysfunctional at the moment.

Do you read my post? The Raiders are dysfunctional because

1) Al Davis is the owner. Jerry Porter cops an attitude in training camp and rather than set an example by cutting him, Davis pays the guy to sit on the bench. Do you know what Jerry Porter is thinking while he's on the sidelines? He's thinking..."Gee how can I sign up for this gig every year?" Porter doesn't have to take any punishment, he barely has to wave a towel in encouragement and meanwhile he gets a full paycheck. If only everone's job could be so easy.

2) Neither Porter nor Moss respected Art Shell, a veteran NFL coach who is in the HOF. What makes you think they will even listen to Lane Kiffin. It's already leaked that Moss blew off the new coach during the Senior Bowl. According to your highest paid player, "he's going to play when he wants to play and some baby-faced kid surely isn't going to tell him what to do". That's a great team message to have going into mini-camp.

3) The coaches have no longevity because Al Davis has no patience. What is it, 4 coaches in 5 years? If you keep changing the message, the young players won't have any stability. I am a Chicago Bears fan. When our new coach, Lovie Smith, bombed his first year (5-11) our GM, Jerry Angelo, didn't fire the headcoach. Instead he gave it two more seasons and we made it to the Super Bowl. Davis needs to have a 4 year plan, not a 1 year quick fix.

Crow
02-07-2007, 04:04 AM
test

test

test

Crow
02-07-2007, 04:05 AM
Hmph.

Menard4MVP
02-07-2007, 05:12 AM

HILARIOUS.

The first "Ryan Leaf" of the draft season. Coupled with that Brady Quinn is Peyton Manning.

I wondered how long it would be before Russell would be Ryan Leaf reincarnated.

Your take is simplistic, hype laden, assumption making nonsense.

Show me how JR is "not very smart" "will do poorly on the wonderlic" or is in any way like Byron Leftwich, and show me the evidence you have that he can't lead on and off the lead.

I'll wait.

By the way if you think that Davis and Kiffin are thinking about Manning/Leaf you are dreaming, they will pick the guy with the most talent - Russell.

Quinn is maxed out, the surface has bareley been scratched with JR.

NIN1984
02-07-2007, 05:19 AM
A lot of people that don't like Russell just say "all he has is a big arm that's it, he's dumb and only cares about money"

Makes me wonder how many LSU games they really wacthed.

Crow
02-07-2007, 05:42 AM
By the way if you think that Davis and Kiffin are thinking about Manning/Leaf you are dreaming, they will pick the guy with the most talent - Calvin Johnson.
Fixed that for ya.

Komp
02-07-2007, 10:55 AM

I don't know what Russell you're talking about, but Russell by all right has great intangibles.

Yah I suppose I shouldn't go that far. Russell did have a great junior year and its hard to ignore some of the throws he can make [3000+ yds, 28 TDs, 8 INT]. However, I do endorse Quinn over Russell at this point if we do take a QB. I'm tired of losing and would rather play it safe and take the sure thing at QB. I still trust Kiffin to make the right choice, he knows more about QB's than I ever will.

wesbun27
02-07-2007, 12:07 PM

Culpepper was a MVP canidate for several years...if we get a QB like that ill be happy. These comments on Russell are stereotypes of what many people think of black QBs. Russell reminds me of Carson Palmer with a stronger arm. Al Davis has been looking for his Lamonica/Stabler QB for 20 years...Russell is it.

gettembuck
02-07-2007, 12:31 PM

HILARIOUS.

The first "Ryan Leaf" of the draft season. Coupled with that Brady Quinn is Peyton Manning.

I wondered how long it would be before Russell would be Ryan Leaf reincarnated.

Your take is simplistic, hype laden, assumption making nonsense.

Show me how JR is "not very smart" "will do poorly on the wonderlic" or is in any way like Byron Leftwich, and show me the evidence you have that he can't lead on and off the lead.

I'll wait.

By the way if you think that Davis and Kiffin are thinking about Manning/Leaf you are dreaming, they will pick the guy with the most talent - Russell.

Quinn is maxed out, the surface has bareley been scratched with JR.You are alarmingly annoying.

Who is it you think the Raiders should draft?

bernbabybern820
02-07-2007, 03:17 PM

Yah I suppose I shouldn't go that far. Russell did have a great junior year and its hard to ignore some of the throws he can make [3000+ yds, 28 TDs, 8 INT]. However, I do endorse Quinn over Russell at this point if we do take a QB. I'm tired of losing and would rather play it safe and take the sure thing at QB. I still trust Kiffin to make the right choice, he knows more about QB's than I ever will.

amen

ajamesun
02-07-2007, 03:17 PM
Can someone make me a sick Raiders signature please.

RaiderNation
02-07-2007, 04:25 PM
Can someone make me a sick Raiders signature please.

wrong place. go to off topic and there should be a sig place where u can get one or ask

Paranoidmoonduck
02-07-2007, 08:05 PM
Speaking of sigs, I just got a new one inspired by a pair of photos some member here posted. I don't remember your name, but thanks anyways.

EDIT: THE RANDY MOSS SCHOOL OF DRIVING! http://cgi.sikids.com/sikidstv/randymoss.html

wesbun27
02-07-2007, 10:01 PM
Speaking of sigs, I just got a new one inspired by a pair of photos some member here posted. I don't remember your name, but thanks anyways.

EDIT: THE RANDY MOSS SCHOOL OF DRIVING! http://cgi.sikids.com/sikidstv/randymoss.html

your welcome

Paranoidmoonduck
02-07-2007, 10:05 PM
your welcome

wesbun27
02-07-2007, 10:08 PM
your welcome

what would make the sig better if you put the "Mad bombers" or something like that on it

Paranoidmoonduck
02-07-2007, 10:14 PM
your welcome

what would make the sig better if you put the "Mad bombers" or something like that on it

I was considering it, but I like my sigs simple and concise. I dig what I'm sporting at the moment.

RaiderNation
02-07-2007, 11:06 PM

cool sig but hella funny link there

Komp
02-07-2007, 11:17 PM
"Speed Bump.....Ramp"
"Traffic Cop......Speed Bump"

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-07-2007, 11:24 PM

Culpepper was a MVP canidate for several years...if we get a QB like that ill be happy. These comments on Russell are stereotypes of what many people think of black QBs. Russell reminds me of Carson Palmer with a stronger arm. Al Davis has been looking for his Lamonica/Stabler QB for 20 years...Russell is it.Culpepper has proven to be absolute crap without the once usefull Randy Moss no thank you.

Paranoidmoonduck
02-07-2007, 11:41 PM
First off, Russell is nobody but Russell. He is not Culpepper, he is not Palmer, he is not McNabb. He is ************* JaMarcus Russell.

Second off, Culpepper had his huge year with minimal assistance from Mr. Moss.

"Ain't that right Stephon?"

"...what?"

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-07-2007, 11:44 PM
First off, Russell is nobody but Russell. He is not Culpepper, he is not Palmer, he is not McNabb. He is ********** JaMarcus Russell.

Second off, Culpepper had his huge year with minimal assistance from Mr. Moss.

"Ain't that right Stephon?"

"...what?"and then played like crap the following year.

RaiderLifer
02-07-2007, 11:54 PM
Size and skin color are the only things that Culpepper and Russell have in common. Culpepper has tiny hands which led to him having serious fumbling problems Russell has catchers mitts on each hand, He has a stronger arm and throws better underneath patterns. Culpepper is faster and more elusive but Russell to me seems to avoid the rush but keeps his eyes down field better.

Paranoidmoonduck
02-07-2007, 11:55 PM
and then played like crap the following year.

Along with the rest of his team. If you're gonna say that very little blame rests on Walter for his shortcomings this year, then you need to back off Culpepper for his 2005.

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-08-2007, 12:31 AM

Along with the rest of his team. If you're gonna say that very little blame rests on Walter for his shortcomings this year, then you need to back off Culpepper for his 2005.is that why Brad Johnson did alot better as starter.

Paranoidmoonduck
02-08-2007, 01:10 AM

Along with the rest of his team. If you're gonna say that very little blame rests on Walter for his shortcomings this year, then you need to back off Culpepper for his 2005.is that why Brad Johnson did alot better as starter.

I'm not saying he was great, but you're saying he totally sucked when that team started off so badly is really hypocritical.

NIN1984
02-08-2007, 08:39 AM
If Walter doesn't get any blame than lets not blame LaMont Jordan.

LaMont is fine we don't need a new RB, how can any RB do good with
that o-line?

RaiderLifer
02-08-2007, 01:15 PM

that o-line?

I'm not saying Lamont could not be serviceable because I think he can but what bothered me about him was that even with a crappy line he could have at least used that big body of his to move the pile and pick up minimal gains while wearing the defense down. Instead he was trying to be Mario Lopez and dance his way around. If we had a good O line he could be a good between the tackles rusher if he could change his running style a bit.

Crow
02-08-2007, 02:29 PM

that o-line?
He got outplayed by Justin Fargas, for fux sake. Let's be real about this. Jordan isn't the guy.

wesbun27
02-08-2007, 02:41 PM
Tom Rathman to Coach the running backs

http://raiders.com/newsroom/newsroomNewsDetail.jsp?id=30072

wesbun27
02-08-2007, 02:42 PM

that o-line?
He got outplayed by Justin Fargas, for fux sake. Let's be real about this. Jordan isn't the guy.

I agree with NIN1984...I raider fans think Walter shouldnt get the blame neither should Jordan. Jordan played a lot better than Walter ever did

bernbabybern820
02-08-2007, 03:26 PM

that o-line?

I agree with NIN1984...I raider fans think Walter shouldnt get the blame neither should Jordan. Jordan played a lot better than Walter ever did

the o-line also did a little better run blocking later in the season. i was shocked when the line would make like a 1 foot hole for fargas.

NIN1984
02-08-2007, 03:45 PM
Andrew Walter is going to be such a beast next season

TheChampIsHere
02-08-2007, 05:17 PM

that o-line?

who isnt blaming Jordan. He played like crap last year. Even when he was healthy, Fargas was badly outplaying him. Right now, Jordan seems like a horrible signing and a player we paid too much for. I wish we could trade him. But he is still a servicable HB and unless we draft AP or Lynch, he will probly be our starter next year.

Menard4MVP
02-08-2007, 05:39 PM
The truth is both Walter and Jordan suck.

Jordan is worse, he talks a whole load of ******** and comes up with jack ****.

The guys a total p u s s y, my tap runs harder than Jordan. The cap hit means he's going nowhere, but from what i gather he can be dumped for nothing at the end of the season.

Fargas showed up everything you need to know about this POS.

Paranoidmoonduck
02-08-2007, 05:39 PM
Jordan didn't play well last year, but I thought it was because he was constantly trying to break long gains instead of helping in controlling the clock. It seemed like a matter of trying too hard, instead of not hard enough. As for Fargas, he ran behind a vastly improved line towards the end of the year, but he certainly ran with more authority than Jordan had managed to.

Comparing Walter and Jordan is kinda silly, because Jordan was coming off a rather nice year, is 29, and now has a torn MCL. Walter is is 24 and was basically a rookie last year. That said, I still think Jordan has something in his tank.

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-08-2007, 06:14 PM
Jordan averaged 3.8 y/c in 05.with much better Oline play.

Paranoidmoonduck
02-08-2007, 06:26 PM
Jordan averaged 3.8 y/c in 05.with much better Oline play.

Much better, but still pretty damn questionable.

Schilly
02-08-2007, 06:51 PM

What makes you say Russell isn't smart, or are you just comparing him to Culpepper cause they are the same size. Russell doesn't have the small hands that culpepper does, so he will not fumble all the time which he proved at LSU with never fumbling in his career. Fumbling in my opinion was Culpepper's worst problem. His fumbles killed the Vikes. I believe Russell could probably throw the ball farther than culpepper with a much harder throw-not a hail mary like culpepper always threw to moss and let him do the work. He fires the ball right on target. He is way more impressive looking to me than Culpepper and look at some of the years culpepper actually had.

He isn't that slow either, when he wants too he can get going he just doesn't that often. No Vick, but at least no f*ckin walter either or leftwich.
Leftwich is slow as hell. He isn't even close to as gifted as Russell.

SubNoize
02-08-2007, 07:07 PM
Kiffin is once again rolling w/ the house cleaning, bye-bye to Eatman as assistant O-line coach and enter Kelly Skipper from Wash. St who was Rb and Special teams coach the past 4 years. Also Skip Peete was curbed in favor of former Raider/49er Tom Rathman as RB coach. Taver Johnon joins the staff as asst/ D-line coach leaving his post as D-Coordinator of Miami (Ohio). Also Kiff has added Mark Jackson to the front office as Director of Football Development coming over from SC w/ Kiffin. Raiders.com is the source for all the hires. I really like the total fresh start for the team, not a lot of the old staff being retained. what do you guys think????

Paranoidmoonduck
02-08-2007, 07:11 PM
Well, it might be a bit rough at first, but I must say that I'm happy we're seeing a totally fresh start with the staff.

Komp
02-08-2007, 07:38 PM
Yah I agree. We're at the bottom now. Might as well start fresh and set the foundation for the future. I'm glad Davis is letting Kiffin pick most of his own staff and I also like the fact that most of them are not only younger, up and coming coaches, but a few of them [Rathman and the new DB's coach] have won Super Bowls. They know what it takes to get there and some of that winning attitude should rub off on the players. Two thumbs up so far.....now lets see what we can do in Free Agency [when does it start again?] and the draft.

RaiderNation
02-08-2007, 10:29 PM
any new news on moss,porter or jordan on weather they r staying or leaving?

NIN1984
02-08-2007, 10:49 PM
moss- should be gone

porter- word is he is back on board and al & lane want him on

jordan- not much talk about him so far

Komp
02-08-2007, 11:03 PM
Yah I know some ppl on here want AD but I just don't see it happening with Jordan around [who is still a good runner when healthy imo] and the fact that CJ and the QBs are at the top of the draft board.

_Bob_
02-09-2007, 12:05 AM
Is Moss going to GB or where according to your local papers and whatnot?

Komp
02-09-2007, 12:21 AM
Right now the Moss to GB rumors are nothing more than that...rumors. It is a likely destination for him if he does end up getting traded.

RaiderNation
02-09-2007, 12:49 AM
Right now the Moss to GB rumors are nothing more than that...rumors. It is a likely destination for him if he does end up getting traded.

i really hope there not rumors

NIN1984
02-09-2007, 05:36 AM
Yah I know some ppl on here want AD but I just don't see it happening with Jordan around [who is still a good runner when healthy imo] and the fact that CJ and the QBs are at the top of the draft board.

Agreed as much as I like him, Raiders won't draft him over CJ or JaMarcus Russell. And I don't think LaMont Jordan is going to get cut and plus trading Moss it all just seems like way too much.

and rumor is Porter is back on board, but we don't know if that's true, so that could be 3 high paid players cut/traded

Komp
02-09-2007, 08:20 AM

Agreed as much as I like him, Raiders won't draft him over CJ or JaMarcus Russell. And I don't think LaMont Jordan is going to get cut and plus trading Moss it all just seems like way too much.

and rumor is Porter is back on board, but we don't know if that's true, so that could be 3 high paid players cut/traded

If we cut any more than 1 of them the cap hit would be nasty and the only one worth anything in a trade at this point is Moss.

Lamont did show some flashes last year [ex. long run against the Browns] I think he just needs to be healthy and get some blocking.

Metz
02-09-2007, 11:49 AM
I think the best case scenario is us swapping picks w/the AZ Cardinals and getting additional picks so the Cards could get Joe Thomas before the Lions do. Im pretty sure the Lions would take Joe Thomas at #2. So if the Raiders get the #3 pick, they'd have at least 3 of the 4 guys that Raider fans are coveting in Calvin Johnson, Jamarcus Russell, Brady Quinn and Adrian Peterson. I dont think you can go wrong with any of these guys but if i had to pick which one would have a more likely chance of being a bust, it'd probably be Russell. Only because hes the hardest to predict as a pro. The other 3 guys seem more pro-ready. Of course I could easily be wrong. Its just my opinion.

portermvp84
02-09-2007, 11:59 AM

i really hope there not rumors

I do agree with you, but I would really like to see that sorry excuse for a football player out of here.

TheChampIsHere
02-09-2007, 01:22 PM
I think the best case scenario is us swapping picks w/the AZ Cardinals and getting additional picks so the Cards could get Joe Thomas before the Lions do. Im pretty sure the Lions would take Joe Thomas at #2. So if the Raiders get the #3 pick, they'd have at least 3 of the 4 guys that Raider fans are coveting in Calvin Johnson, Jamarcus Russell, Brady Quinn and Adrian Peterson. I dont think you can go wrong with any of these guys but if i had to pick which one would have a more likely chance of being a bust, it'd probably be Russell. Only because hes the hardest to predict as a pro. The other 3 guys seem more pro-ready. Of course I could easily be wrong. Its just my opinion.

I agree the best case scenario right now has to be a swap with the Cardinals, but they have the no. 5 pick and not the no.3 pick....regardless, we would have no problem getting someone there....

The way I see it, there are 4 possibilities of who the Raiders might draft: Quinn, Russell, Calvin, and Peterson.

If we pull this trade, we can count on Calvin being gone, Tampa will eagerly grab him. I expect either DET or CLE will take Quinn with Thomas gone (ARI will pick Thomas of course) and then theres a good chance Peterson goes to CLE....But I dont think any of them would pick Russell, and if he does, that just means one of the other 4 fall to us. Whatever happens, we take the best of whos left of them and it is garunteed that 1 of them will be there so it works out great for the Raiders...

I hope Al doesnt get too greedy and try to make the Cardinals give up their whole future to get Joe Thomas. it really isnt much of a sacrifice for us to go from 1st to 5th and we could use the extra picks....However, if they go strictly by the trade chart, it really takes a boatload of picks for the Cards to move up and the Cards probly wont want to do it...Al needs to make sure he gets the deal done and not be too stubborn, its a great deal for us if we can just pick up their 2nd rounder, next years 2nd rounder and some other picks, maybe a couple 4th rounders or a 3rd rounder or sumthin.

And I think the Cards would be wanting to make this trade. At 5 overall, the prospects aren't great. The Cardinals would practically be forced to take DL, having their choice of Anderson, Branch and Gaines...but that is not really a big need for the Cards, theyd much rather get a LT and who knows who they'll get in the 2nd round? Joe Staley at best. But maybe not even him, they might have to take Ugoh who could easily just end up being a bust. The Cardinals would WANT to trade up and get Thomas, it would make a lot of sense for them.

stl9erfan
02-09-2007, 01:29 PM

If we cut any more than 1 of them the cap hit would be nasty and the only one worth anything in a trade at this point is Moss.

Lamont did show some flashes last year [ex. long run against the Browns] I think he just needs to be healthy and get some blocking.

LaMont ran all over us b/c our down three DL suck. and we had 3 LB's that didnt play with the team last year, 2 of which were rookies. IMO, you guys are gonna have a hard time passing on CJ. but it seems unlikely at this point. its not that often you can replace a randy moss with another randy moss caliber player. and porter isnt anything special. you guys have bigger needs than a RB.

RaiderNation
02-09-2007, 02:57 PM
can some1 resize my avatar

Metz
02-09-2007, 03:30 PM
...but they have the no. 5 pick and not the no.3 pick.

oh my bad lol

Komp
02-09-2007, 08:35 PM
People seemed to be pencilling in CJ for Tampa if he falls but I also wouldn't be surprised to see them take one of them one of the DE's if they had a good combine. Their D is starting to show its age and they need some new blood there in a hurry.

RaiderNation
02-09-2007, 08:37 PM
People seemed to be pencilling in CJ for Tampa if he falls but I also wouldn't be surprised to see them take one of them one of the DE's if they had a good combine. Their D is starting to show its age and they need some new blood there in a hurry.

so whats ur point?

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-09-2007, 08:54 PM

so whats ur point?hes saying that if we were to trade down to #5 that TB may take Anderson or Adams and we could end up with CJ.

RaiderNation
02-09-2007, 09:01 PM

so whats ur point?hes saying that if we were to trade down to #5 that TB may take Anderson or Adams and we could end up with CJ.

oh ic. also of we do end up drafting AD or JR b4 CJ, it could make us able to trade up for CJ too

49ersfan_87
02-09-2007, 09:24 PM
So who are you leaning to?

Jamarcus Russel

or

Calvin Johnson

Are there any indications that kiffin has given up on walter?

Oaktown1981
02-09-2007, 11:09 PM

Jamarcus Russel

or

Calvin Johnson

No one knows what the Raiders will do. Everyone has their own oppinion on what the Raiders should do. Some what Russell, Johnson, Peterson ect.

We will have a better idea after free agency but until then your guess is as good as ours.

RaiderNation
02-10-2007, 12:51 AM

Jamarcus Russel

or

Calvin Johnson

i want CJ at this point. i hope he hasnt given up on him yet because i havent

NIN1984
02-10-2007, 08:48 AM
Raiders | Team interviews Martinez for quarterbacks coach position
Sat, 10 Feb 2007 06:06:21 -0800

Glenn Reeves, of MediaNews, reports the Oakland Raiders met with former College of San Mateo coach Tom Martinez Friday, Feb. 9, to discuss the team's quarterbacks coach position and LSU QB JaMarcus Russell, a projected top pick in the 2007 NFL Draft. Martinez was recently hired to work with Russell.

That guy loves Russell

GoldenBoy
02-10-2007, 12:56 PM
There are two solid Veterans who would be great fits for the Raiders... Garcia and Huard. On top of that there is the option of trading to get Carr.

Lamont Jordan is so not the running back the Raiders thought they were getting, so why not get an elite back in Adrian Peterson with the #1 overall pick and get a Quarterback through free agency or trade?

There's no way that running game will be improved in the second round of the draft and the team will turn around faster with an experienced QB rather than any of the options they could draft. Heck Drew Stanton could be the QB of the future with the Raiders 2nd round pick.

RaiderLifer
02-10-2007, 01:36 PM

Glenn Reeves, of MediaNews, reports the Oakland Raiders met with former College of San Mateo coach Tom Martinez Friday, Feb. 9, to discuss the team's quarterbacks coach position and LSU QB JaMarcus Russell, a projected top pick in the 2007 NFL Draft. Martinez was recently hired to work with Russell.

kffl.com

If this guy is hired I will be convinced that we are taking Russell.

Edit: sorry I didn't see it right above :roll: :oops:

AlexDown
02-10-2007, 01:38 PM
Interesting

Paranoidmoonduck
02-10-2007, 01:51 PM
Yeah, Martinez (who works with Tom Brady every year) was apparently very impressed with Russell. I have no doubt he is going to give a glowing report, and I think he'd be a great hire for quarterback coach. At the very least it'd be consistent with the kind of hires Kiffin has made lately.

Windy
02-10-2007, 02:09 PM
yea if he is hired then all signs point to russell obviously.

Windy
02-10-2007, 02:12 PM
http://www.raiders.com/

Nnamdi Asomugha to the pro bowl but won't play.

raidersfanxxx
02-10-2007, 02:57 PM
great news!.....he deserves it. lets hope he can make it there next year :D

wesbun27
02-10-2007, 03:06 PM

kffl.com

This is great news.

RaiderNation
02-10-2007, 03:48 PM

kffl.com

This is great news.

hopefully it is. i think the hiring of him pretty much makes us pick russell. i hope this guy knows what hes talking about

Gribble
02-10-2007, 03:50 PM
http://www.raiders.com/

Nnamdi Asomugha to the pro bowl but won't play.

I thought that was interesting.

Komp
02-10-2007, 05:58 PM
I guess I need to change my signature than. I've accepted the fact that we may draft Jamarcus and I've made my peace with that. As long as its an offensive skill player I'm happy.