PDA

View Full Version : Oakland Raiders Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-23-2007, 10:11 AM
also, any1 know where i can get a video of oakland like
doingthisinsteadofwork's? i want one of myab carr when he ran the int back against PIT or scrabble'sI just took mine off of Rfans.net.

Menard4MVP
02-23-2007, 10:12 AM
Porter is back on board, and Al as good as said he was at the Kiffin PC, and maybe even Moss staying (which i doubt), there's no way we're taking CJ.

If Curry gets extended it's all over, Porter and Curry will start and we'll be taking a QB. If we take CJ and keep Porter and Curry then Davis is senile and should be taken out the building and sectioned.

Jordan is too expensive to cut and will be given one more chance to prove he doesn't suck.

Too much money tied up in the 4th highest paid RB in football for him to be let go.why wait another year and watch the offense struggle.there'll be no such thing as a running game with him in the backfield.plus he blew out his MCL.no thanks.

He hasn't blown his MCL out as you'd hoped, he's pretty much a certainty to be ready for the first day of camp, it was a minor op, he'll miss no pre season games.

Why wait another year and watch the offense struggle with Fumbles the Clown Jnr or some junk like Carr?

WR is being sorted out with Porter staying and Curry getting a new deal soo, there's even talk Moss has spoken cordially with Kiffin.

The fact is Davis has money and lots of it tied up at RB, and WR, Curry will be extended, and Jordan will start and be given a final chance before he can can be cut cheaply next year if he fails to shine again.

Jordan is going nowhere, he has no trade value, and is earning a ton of money, Adrian Peterson isn't coming to Oakland.

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-23-2007, 10:19 AM
Porter is back on board, and Al as good as said he was at the Kiffin PC, and maybe even Moss staying (which i doubt), there's no way we're taking CJ.

If Curry gets extended it's all over, Porter and Curry will start and we'll be taking a QB. If we take CJ and keep Porter and Curry then Davis is senile and should be taken out the building and sectioned.

Jordan is too expensive to cut and will be given one more chance to prove he doesn't suck.

Too much money tied up in the 4th highest paid RB in football for him to be let go.why wait another year and watch the offense struggle.there'll be no such thing as a running game with him in the backfield.plus he blew out his MCL.no thanks.

He hasn't blown his MCL out as you'd hoped, he's pretty much a certainty to be ready for the first day of camp, it was a minor op, he'll miss pre season games.

Why wait another year and watch the offense struggle with Fumbles the Clown Jnr or some junk like Carr?

WR is being sorted out with Porter staying and Curry getting a new deal soo, there's even talk Moss has spoken cordially with Kiffin.

The fact is Davis has money and lots of it tied up at RB, and WR, Curry will be extended, and Jordan will start and be given a final chance before he can can be cut cheaply next year if he fails to shine again.

Jordan is going nowhere, he has no trade value, and is earning a ton of money, Adrian Peterson isn't coming to Oakland.the offense starts at the trenches and the running game controls the rythm of the offense.Id much rather have a guy like Carr,Schaub or someone else at QB than Russell.
Saying its Walter's fault for the fumbled snaps is BS.Brooks had problems with it as well.It was Groves fault.
Jordan has been crap from day one.I still love it how he didnt study the schemes under Turner.hes never at all performed well and should be cut or traded regardless of money.AD makes more sense.
THe only official report of Moss and Kiffen is that Moss told Kiffen to F off.And why would anyone want him to still be on this team.He only hurt us last year.

J_Martinez
02-23-2007, 11:02 AM
Ok listen up I'm only going to say this one more time. The Raiders are not going to draft JaMarcus Russell No. 1 overall. If they do go QB, it will be Brady Quinn. This is like the Peyton Manning/Ryan Leaf debate all over again.

Manning was known as the lesser skilled, more cerebral QB. Leaf supposedly had a world of upside and a much higher ceiling. Manning just won a Super Bowl because he maximized his "limited abilities" by preparing himself mentally above and beyond any of his peers. Leaf on the other hand busted out of the league because he never had the motivation to maximize his "limitless ceiling".

Flash back to 2007. Brady Quinn has the physique of a body builder. He graduated from ND with a major in Finance and Political Science. He tutored under Charlie Weiss's pro system for two years. He has Manning's work ethic, but a much stronger arm and alot more mobility.

JaMarcus Russell on the other hand is a Daunte Culpepper waiting to happen. Here is a guy that has great size and a big arm, but not much after that. Culpepper was lucky to have a great weapon in Cris Carter and especially Randy Moss. Culpepper couldn't really digest an offense, but could drop back and heave it deep and let Moss outjump everyone else for it. Russell will be a good pro if he can have a young Randy Moss. However, if he is asked to run an offense with an average supporting cast, it won't be pretty.

First of all, for a big guy he doesn't have the mobility of a Culpepper or McNabb. Russell is a pocket passer who can occasionally avoid the rush but he's not going to scramble like Vince Young. Secondly, he's not very smart. He's going to do poorly on the Wonderlic, and most likely won't be able to run a complex pro offense effectively without great weapons. I know, I know, Vince Young got a 6 on the Wonderlic but is ROY. VY will always be an average passer, but it's his ability to win games with his legs that make him valuable. Russell is NOWHERE near the runner that Young is. Byron Leftwich comes more to mind.

All of you fans who are rooting for Russell to be the Number 1 pick, you will be sorely disappointed. History says take Brady Quinn, who will study Lane Kiffin's system well and maximize his abilities. If you take Russell, be prepared to relive the Ryan Leaf experiment 2.0.

OK first time I posted this I got alot of negative feedback. Let me try one more time...

According to PFT editor Mike Florio, who has sources at the NFL combine,

A NEW FAT ALBERT?

Our sources at the combine tell us that, although LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell might still be headed for a top-five spot in the draft, he was looking a little JaMeaty at his official weigh-in on Friday.

"He looked more like Charles Barkley than a football player," said the source of Russell, who tipped the scales at 265 pounds.

He had "a lot of loose tissue in the midsection" and looked like he hasn't seen a weight room in months, with "very little muscle definition for such a big guy."

It shouldn't be a problem if he's drafted by the Browns, since they're sure to eventually put him on the staph infection diet.

Apparently JaMarcus Russell thinks he can ride his Sugar Bowl victory into the No. 1 overall pick. Meanwhile the majority of his peers are busting their tails training for the combine/pro days.

Once again, this is why I made the original comparison Brady Quinn = Peyton Manning, JaMarcus Russell = Ryan Leaf. Brady Quinn has around 2 percent body fat. He definitely passes the eye-ball test at the combine. Russell always looked out of shape to me, for someone blessed with such great natural size. I guess now the proof is in the pudding, so to speak.

Moreover, Brady Quinn stayed in school and graduated with a double major in Poly Sci and Finance at a difficult university like Notre Dame. All while manning the most scrutinized position in college football. That is dedication and discpline right there. JaMarcus Russell went to significantly less challenging university, and dropped out after 3 years. No degree, no 2 am weight lifting sessions, no scrutiny of having to carry a program on your back with mediocre surrounding cast.

The Oakland Raiders need a leader at the QB position, someone who will show the team that it needs to put in extra time, practice good habits and be disciplined in order to reverse their current fortunes. I guess those pining for JaMarcus Russell think he will magically turn into that leader once he gets that huge signing bonus.

Menard4MVP
02-23-2007, 11:03 AM

He hasn't blown his MCL out as you'd hoped, he's pretty much a certainty to be ready for the first day of camp, it was a minor op, he'll miss pre season games.

Jordan is going nowhere, he has no trade value, and is earning a ton of money, Adrian Peterson isn't coming to Oakland.the offense starts at the trenches and the running game controls the rythm of the offense.Id much rather have a guy like Carr,Schaub or someone else at QB than Russell.
Saying its Walter's fault for the fumbled snaps is BS.Brooks had problems with it as well.It was Groves fault.
Jordan has been crap from day one.I still love it how he didnt study the schemes under Turner.
THe only official report of Moss and Kiffen is that Moss told Kiffen to F off.And why would anyone want him to still be on this team.He only hurt us last year.

Walter has butter fingers, he had much more trouble with the exchange than Brooks did, sure Grove sucks, but Walter was looking for the pass rush before he had the ball.

What was his turnover to TD ratio? about 6:1?

Jordan did ok in his first year, but really it doesn't matter what you or i think about him (i don't like him either) the fact remains he's the 4th highest paid back in football and he's going nowhere, so AP isn't coming to Oakland.

"hes never at all performed well and should be cut or traded regardless of money.AD makes more sense."

What you mean is he should be cut just so you can have AP. Davis isn't throwing Jordan away and getting stung financially twice - NO WAY. That's not how Davis rolls.

He has no trade value whatsoever, no-one is taking his contract and giving up picks for the pleasure of doing so.

Adrian Peterson makes no sense, next year RB does, because LJ can be cut for nothing.

Why would anyone want Moss to stay?

If Moss makes up with Kiffin, he'll be going nowhere, time will tell what the Moss situation is, it really doesn't matter what he did last year to Davis, Davis blames Shell and Waffles for everything - that's obvious.

wesbun27
02-23-2007, 11:35 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2775871

Carr is staying with Texans.

also Clayton says Russell is a near lock to Oak

gettembuck
02-23-2007, 11:43 AM

also Clayton says Russell is a near lock to OakESPN has made it offical....the Raiders won't be taking Russell.

wooohooo!

Menard4MVP
02-23-2007, 12:15 PM

also Clayton says Russell is a near lock to Oak

That's not what that article says at all.

Still, the Texans would be better off keeping Carr.

Menard4MVP
02-23-2007, 12:16 PM

also Clayton says Russell is a near lock to OakESPN has made it offical....the Raiders won't be taking Russell.

wooohooo!

Even ESPN can't get this wrong.

Komp
02-23-2007, 01:35 PM
I don't know how many of you have seen the Combine coverage on NFL Network, but when you see the amount of work that Quinn put into his body you will be impressed. Especially when you compare it to Jamarcus' tubbiness. Jamarcus' total lack of effort into getting into shape has me worried quite a bit. He was born with the best arm in football, but there is a lot more to being a great QB in the NFL than a good arm. I hope Quinn performs well at the Combine.

PS - We could easily trade down to 5 and get Quinn or AD and grab a couple picks in the process. We'd need Thomas to tear it up at the combine so Arizona would want to move up tho.

M.O.T.H.
02-23-2007, 01:38 PM
Russell measured out at 6'5 1/2 and 265 lbs. He's got that Culpepper body, exactly.

slightlyaraiderfan
02-23-2007, 01:48 PM
I don't know how many of you have seen the Combine coverage on NFL Network, but when you see the amount of work that Quinn put into his body you will be impressed. Especially when you compare it to Jamarcus' tubbiness. Jamarcus' total lack of effort into getting into shape has me worried quite a bit. He was born with the best arm in football, but there is a lot more to being a great QB in the NFL than a good arm. I hope Quinn performs well at the Combine.

PS - We could easily trade down to 5 and get Quinn or AD and grab a couple picks in the process. We'd need Thomas to tear it up at the combine so Arizona would want to move up tho.
Didn't Quinn announce yesterday that he won't be doing any of the combine workouts? Instead waiting for his workout day in Nortre Dame

Windy
02-23-2007, 01:52 PM

Didn't Quinn announced yesterday that he won't be doing any of the combine workouts? Instead waiting for his workout day in Nortre Dame

yea he's not going to workout. i didnt see the weigh-ins, did jamarcus look that bad?

M.O.T.H.
02-23-2007, 01:59 PM

Didn't Quinn announced yesterday that he won't be doing any of the combine workouts? Instead waiting for his workout day in Nortre Dame

yea he's not going to workout. i didnt see the weigh-ins, did jamarcus look that bad?

I think people are over exaggerating. He's got that Culpepper esque body, he wasnt that tight but, he didnt look too bad. Shouldnt take that long to tighten those core muscles up, he'll be fine.

Side note... He did say he could throw 84 yards... i would love to see it.

Windy
02-23-2007, 02:06 PM
thanks for the info.

NFL | Russell to work out at Pro Day
Fri, 23 Feb 2007 11:18:03 -0800

NFL Draft prospect JaMarcus Russell (LSU) said in an interview on NFL Network Friday, Feb. 23, he will wait until his Pro Day at LSU to work out for scouts instead of working out at the NFL Combine.

Raiders | Interview Brown
Fri, 23 Feb 2007 10:00:09 -0800

The Oakland Raiders have spoken to NFL draft prospect OT Levi Brown (Penn State) at the NFL Scouting Combine Friday, Feb. 23

Raiders | Interested in Allison
Fri, 23 Feb 2007 09:57:38 -0800

The Oakland Raiders have expressed interest in NFL draft prospect WR Aundrae Allison (East Carolina).

M.O.T.H.
02-23-2007, 02:08 PM
I saw you mention Levi...

Levi Brown...

6'5 1/2 323 lbs

31 bench reps

slightlyaraiderfan
02-23-2007, 02:12 PM
Weak, I was hoping Russell would work out.

wesbun27
02-23-2007, 04:16 PM
Weak, I was hoping Russell would work out.

This happens every year with the top prospects. The have nothing to gain and everything to lose. They always wait til their pro-day to showcase the skills.

Komp
02-23-2007, 06:09 PM
It's not the fact that Russell can't get back into shape [he could probably get back into shape in about 3-4 weeks] that bothers me, it's the fact he'd kinda let himself go at an important event like the Combine.

slightlyaraiderfan
02-23-2007, 06:16 PM
It's not the fact that Russell can't get back into shape [he could probably get back into shape in about 3-4 weeks] that bothers me, it's the fact he'd kinda let himself go at an important event like the Combine.
I wouldn't say he let himself go, he just didn't trim down. I believe that is really close to his playing weight, and I guess he's comfortable at that weight.

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-23-2007, 06:27 PM

Jordan has been crap from day one.I still love it how he didnt study the schemes under Turner.

Walter has butter fingers, he had much more trouble with the exchange than Brooks did, sure Grove sucks, but Walter was looking for the pass rush before he had the ball.

Jordan did ok in his first year, but really it doesn't matter what you or i think about him (i don't like him either) the fact remains he's the 4th highest paid back in football and he's going nowhere, so AP isn't coming to Oakland.

"hes never at all performed well and should be cut or traded regardless of money.AD makes more sense."

What you mean is he should be cut just so you can have AP. Davis isn't throwing Jordan away and getting stung financially twice - NO WAY. That's not how Davis rolls.

He has no trade value whatsoever, no-one is taking his contract and giving up picks for the pleasure of doing so.

Adrian Peterson makes no sense, next year RB does, because LJ can be cut for nothing.

If Moss makes up with Kiffin, he'll be going nowhere, time will tell what the Moss situation is, it really doesn't matter what he did last year to Davis, Davis blames Shell and Waffles for everything - that's obvious.Jordan did not at all do ok his first year.averaging under 4 y/c isnt ok when youve made a large investment in somebody.hes not at all worth keeping.hes slow and doesnt run at all with any power.
ANy QB would have looked bad wiht the supporting cast Walter had around so stop acting as if its all his fault.football isnt an individual sport.
Moss is crap.his character is crap and his playing is crap.another guy not worth keeping.

Windy
02-23-2007, 06:32 PM
russell weigh-in video

http://www.raidertube.net/view_video.php?viewkey=893487bd98fa830fa641

Paranoidmoonduck
02-23-2007, 06:37 PM
russell weigh-in video

Thanks. This confirms my belief that is totally blown out of proportion. He looks fine.

49ersfan_87
02-23-2007, 06:38 PM
What do you guys think of this offseason i made for you? *quick one

FA

Kevin Curtis, WR
Kris Dielman, LG

Draft

R1- Jamarcus Russell
R2- Ryan Kalil
R3- Lorenzo Booker

raidersfanxxx
02-23-2007, 06:54 PM
imo we are not going to pick up a wr in FA. we already got to much money tied up in that spot.

RaiderNation
02-23-2007, 07:05 PM
What do you guys think of this offseason i made for you? *quick one

FA

Kevin Curtis, WR
Kris Dielman, LG

Draft

R1- Jamarcus Russell
R2- Ryan Kalil
R3- Lorenzo Booker

as of right nowm we arnt getting a wr in FA. but i think we will soon since moss looks to be gone. okay draft

RaiderLifer
02-23-2007, 07:23 PM
russell weigh-in video

Thanks. This confirms my belief that is totally blown out of proportion. He looks fine.

Completely blow out of proportion. He looks exactly how I thought he would look. Nothing to even talk about.

raidersfanxxx
02-23-2007, 07:59 PM
yeah, i was thinking the same thing. its hard to look "in shape" when you got quinn standing next to you :lol: .

RaiderNation
02-23-2007, 08:14 PM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j45/raiders89_2006/adrian-peterson-raider-2.jpg

i have to admit he looks great in silver and black

Paranoidmoonduck
02-23-2007, 08:17 PM
Sweet pic. Although, honestly, both Russell and Johnson (and anyone really) would look sweet in Silver and Black. It's tough to look bad in it.

RaiderNation
02-23-2007, 08:44 PM
it was reported in the NFL section on here that thomas jones doesnt want to be a bear anymore. if jordan is gone do u see us trying to take him if we dont draft AD?

LINK: http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/cs-070222bears,1,6045629.story?coll=cs-bears-headlines

RaiderNation
02-23-2007, 08:49 PM
also, i think there is a high chance of us get schaub since knapp is our OC. remember knapp was ATL's OC every year i think schaub was there

RaiderNation
02-23-2007, 09:03 PM
ALSO the browns won the 3rd pick. this also helps us because if the Browns hope to draft JaMarcus Russell, it will now be easier to work out a trade with the us for the No. 1 overall pick.

Windy
02-23-2007, 09:55 PM
if we do cut jordan which is unlikely due to his contract, i doubt we would go with thomas jones. he wouldnt be that much better of an option than jordan.

i think schaub will be a solid qb but we'd probably have to trade the #33 overall pick which i personally would rather see go to drafting a RB/TE/OT/C

mcdlaxbonz13
02-23-2007, 09:59 PM
i wouldn't get my hopes up of cleavland trading up, i believe the browns are also looking to trade down to get more picks.

Paranoidmoonduck
02-23-2007, 10:07 PM
i think schaub will be a solid qb but we'd probably have to trade the #33 overall pick which i personally would rather see go to drafting a RB/TE/OT/C

I agree. Carr is one thing because he is more experienced, more talented, and considerably cheaper. I've never been a huge fan of Schaub, and I'd much rather get Russell or some other rookie than give up a 2nd rounder for him.

locseti
02-23-2007, 10:10 PM
sarf- Is that Jessica Alba's finely sculpted derriere I see? Thank you.

wesbun27
02-23-2007, 10:14 PM
ALSO the browns won the 3rd pick. this also helps us because if the Browns hope to draft JaMarcus Russell, it will now be easier to work out a trade with the us for the No. 1 overall pick.

hmmm the Raiders adding a 50 mil contract to our already high paid reciever corps...unlikely

Raiders adding a 50 mil contract to a backfield who has the 5th highest paid RB...unlikely

Raiders adding a 50 mil contract to a QB corps who have one QB making less than a mil a year...likely

slightlyaraiderfan
02-23-2007, 10:16 PM
Yes, yes it is. Lovely isn't it?

RaiderNation
02-24-2007, 12:41 AM
new avatar and sig.

RaiderLifer
02-24-2007, 01:01 AM
new avatar and sig.

Both are sick. I was at that game and went nuts when Curry did that flip.

slightlyaraiderfan
02-24-2007, 01:04 AM
Not sure if it has already been posted, but I just saw this on the NFLN ticker...Schefter is reporting that both Moss and Porter are expected back next season.

Shiver
02-24-2007, 01:06 AM
Not sure if it has already been posted, but I just saw this on the NFLN ticker...Schefter is reporting that both Moss and Porter are expected back next season.

I saw that. With the money invested in both of them, I think it's safe to say that Calvin Johnson isn't a feasible option anymore.

RaiderNation
02-24-2007, 01:18 AM

I saw that. With the money invested in both of them, I think it's safe to say that Calvin Johnson isn't a feasible option anymore.

i dont know yet we still got like 6 weeks before the draft i think.alot can happen but as of right now we wouldnt draft him. also on ESPN they said there could be some concern about JR's weight

Shiver
02-24-2007, 02:36 AM
Isn't Curry also being paid a hefty number as well?

Windy
02-24-2007, 02:41 AM

yep.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=788
The Raiders are expected to reach a new contract agreement with Ronald Curry before they pay him a $5 million roster bonus this spring.

Curry is the best and most dependable receiver on Oakland's roster and they will want to get him signed long-term. If the offense improves, Curry should make the leap to a 1,000-yard receiver and solid fantasy option.
Source: Sacramento Bee

we cant have moss, porter, curry, calvin.

Shiver
02-24-2007, 02:50 AM

yep.

The Raiders are expected to reach a new contract agreement with Ronald Curry before they pay him a $5 million roster bonus this spring.

Curry is the best and most dependable receiver on Oakland's roster and they will want to get him signed long-term. If the offense improves, Curry should make the leap to a 1,000-yard receiver and solid fantasy option.

Exactly what I was thinking when I heard that Moss and Porter are sticking around.

Paranoidmoonduck
02-24-2007, 02:54 AM
If Moss sticks then Johnson isn't even an option. Releasing or trading Moss would've given us 7.7 mil more in cap space.

Menard4MVP
02-24-2007, 08:41 AM

If Moss makes up with Kiffin, he'll be going nowhere, time will tell what the Moss situation is, it really doesn't matter what he did last year to Davis, Davis blames Shell and Waffles for everything - that's obvious.Jordan did not at all do ok his first year.averaging under 4 y/c isnt ok when youve made a large investment in somebody.hes not at all worth keeping.hes slow and doesnt run at all with any power.
ANy QB would have looked bad wiht the supporting cast Walter had around so stop acting as if its all his fault.football isnt an individual sport.
Moss is crap.his character is crap and his playing is crap.another guy not worth keeping.

You've shown the limit of your knowledge.

You don't understand the realities of the NFL.

You think players will just get cut so you can have the draft you want. You cannot separate what you WANT to happen from what WILL happen.

Basically your take is "I'll say anything to get AP here, that's all that matters".

Jordan got 1,500 yards combined behind a crap line, he isn't great be he isn't getting cut either.

Andrew Walter is a klutz you can't excuse that with a poor line, he's also wildly inaccurate, he was in completely over his head, and is not in the same league in terms of upside and ability as BQ or JR.

I like how you use the line as an excuse for AW but not for LJ?

It's obvious why, because you want to defend AW, and knock LJ so you can have AP.

Again, you don't understand how the NFL works, especially the salary cap. Moss will not be cut, get real kid.

You've been exposed as a guy who is simply waving a flag for AP, and will say absolutely anything to knock the opposition.

Next.

Menard4MVP
02-24-2007, 08:44 AM

yep.

Johnson won't be a Raider.

UtepMiner
02-24-2007, 09:17 AM
Anyone here have a highlight clip of the Asomugha interception, covering Chad Johnson?

NIN1984
02-24-2007, 10:35 AM
Randy Moss and Jerry Porter will be back, That’s what Al Davis and Lane Kiffin wanted I think Kiffin thinks this team has a lot of talent and it just wasn’t used in the right way...

So Raiders are set a WR with Moss, Porter and Curry, Count Calvin Johnson out.

LaMont Jordan is huge ? But he is making a lot of money I don’t think Raiders will just cut him. He’s first year in Oakland wasn’t that bad it was actually pretty good over 1,000 yards rushing around 600 receiving yards and double digit TDs. I don’t think Raiders are ready to quit on him yet. So why draft AP? Plus I really like the idea of LaMont Jordan and Justin Fargas splitting more time that could be a very nice Thunder and Lighting.

I think right now the pick will be JaMarcus Russell or maybe Brady Quinn but I’m pretty sure Raiders will be going QB, plus Al Davis made it public that he wanted Matt Leinart last year. So I don’t see Raiders passing on a QB again.

Menard4MVP
02-24-2007, 11:36 AM
Randy Moss and Jerry Porter will be back, That’s what Al Davis and Lane Kiffin wanted I think Kiffin thinks this team has a lot of talent and it just wasn’t used in the right way...

So Raiders are set a WR with Moss, Porter and Curry, Count Calvin Johnson out.

LaMont Jordan is huge ? But he is making a lot of money I don’t think Raiders will just cut him. He’s first year in Oakland wasn’t that bad it was actually pretty good over 1,000 yards rushing around 600 receiving yards and double digit TDs. I don’t think Raiders are ready to quit on him yet. So why draft AP? Plus I really like the idea of LaMont Jordan and Justin Fargas splitting more time that could be a very nice Thunder and Lighting.

I think right now the pick will be JaMarcus Russell or maybe Brady Quinn but I’m pretty sure Raiders will be going QB, plus Al Davis made it public that he wanted Matt Leinart last year. So I don’t see Raiders passing on a QB again.

Jordan costs $4.25M to cut, he's going nowhere, he may well restructure, either way i can't see AP in Oakland.

You can count out Johnson, and i think they'll take a OT in round 2 and move Gallery over to RT.

I don't think we'll pass on a QB this time, especially not with Davis admitting Shell talked him out of Leinart.

Look at it this way, there is a ton of money invested at RB, WR (more to come with Curry) and at RB, we have nothing invested at QB - or any QB of note either.

Go figure where we're going. I'll be happy with either guy.

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-24-2007, 01:06 PM

You think players will just get cut so you can have the draft you want. You cannot separate what you WANT to happen from what WILL happen.

Basically your take is "I'll say anything to get AP here, that's all that matters".

Jordan got 1,500 yards combined behind a crap line, he isn't great be he isn't getting cut either.

Andrew Walter is a klutz you can't excuse that with a poor line, he's also wildly inaccurate, he was in completely over his head, and is not in the same league in terms of upside and ability as BQ or JR.

It's obvious why, because you want to defend AW, and knock LJ so you can have AP.

Again, you don't understand how the NFL works, especially the salary cap. Moss will not be cut, get real kid.

You've been exposed as a guy who is simply waving a flag for AP, and will say absolutely anything to knock the opposition.

Next.the stupidity in your post is unbelievable.
So Jordan gets an excuse because he had a poor Oline but Walter doesnt get that same excuse.Jordan performed very poorly in 05 even with a much better Oline.Walter was being asked to do seven step drops with the our Oline.and just to let you know our Oline wasnt even the worst in run blocking.
Bears,Bucs,Bills,Lions,Saints,Bengals,Browns,Jets, Ravens,and the Crads all had worse y/c.the raiders were also tied with the Pats,Packers,Texans,and the Panters in y/c.
so using the argument that Jordan had a bad Oline and thats why he didnt play well is BS.its also even bigger BS when you say that you cant use the escuse that Walter had a poor Oline.cause our Oline was the worst in the NFL in pass blocking.using it as an excuse for Jordan but saying it cant be used as an excuse for Walter is just BS.
Walter was asked to drop back with the worst pass blocking Oline in the NFL,and then he had to wait for the Walsh's slow developing plays to develop,only to find out that Moss was jogging,and that Whitted who can only run strait lines cant get open.he had the worst pass blocking Oline in the NFL,a poor running game,worst WRs,worst TEs and the worst OCs in the league.and if you dont believe Shoop is one of the worst OCs just go ask the Bears fans.
Fargas runs harder than Jordan does.jordan isnt at all worth keeping.
I said Moss isnt a guy worth keeping which can mean two things he should be traded or cut.not just one thing.He should be traded hes without a doubt a huge cancer.
the Falcons had the highest y/c.Cable was just brought.He runs a ZBS.AD would be a perfect fit Jordan wouldnt.THe ZBS requires someone who hits the holes right away.AD would do that.Jordan wont.hes proven that he would rather just dance around in the backfield.
18 Panthers 423 1659 3.9
Texans 431 1687 3.9
Packers 431 1663 3.9
Raiders 394 1519 3.9
Patriots 499 1969 3.9
23 Bears 503 1918 3.8
Buccaneers 404 1523 3.8
25 Bills 420 1552 3.7
Lions 304 1129 3.7
Saints 472 1761 3.7
Bengals 435 1629 3.7
29 Browns 372 1335 3.6
30 Jets 491 1738 3.5
31 Ravens 476 1637 3.4
32 Cardinals 419 1338 3.2
Deangelo Williams 4.1 y/c CAR
Ron Dayne 4.1 y/c HOU
Cedric Benson 4.1 y/c CHI
Leon Washington 4.3 y/c NYJ
Kevin Jones 3.7 y/c DET
Ahman Green 4.0 y/c GB
Willis McGahee 3.8 y/c BUF
Deuce McCallister 4.3 y/c NO
Deshaun Foster 4.0 y/c CAR
Corey Dillon 4.1 y/c NE
Laurence Maroney 4.3 y/c NE
Wali Lundy 3.8 y/c HOU
Reggie Bush 3.6 y/c NO
Rudi Johnson 3.8 y/c CIN
Thomas Jones 4.1 y/c CHI
Cadillac Williams 3.5 y/c TB
Reughben Droughns 3.4 y/c CLE

You know its bad when Ron Dayne averages more y/c than your so called franchise running back.

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-24-2007, 01:09 PM
Greg Olsen ran a 4.45.

RaiderNation
02-24-2007, 01:28 PM
Greg Olsen ran a 4.45.

:shock:

Menard4MVP
02-24-2007, 01:48 PM

Next.the stupidity in your post is unbelievable.
So Jordan gets an excuse because he had a poor Oline but Walter doesnt get that same excuse.Jordan performed very poorly in 05 even with a much better Oline.Walter was being asked to do seven step drops with the our Oline.and just to let you know our Oline wasnt even the worst in run blocking.
Bears,Bucs,Bills,Lions,Saints,Bengals,Browns,Jets, Ravens,and the Crads all had worse y/c.the raiders were also tied with the Pats,Packers,Texans,and the Panters in y/c.
so using the argument that Jordan had a bad Oline and thats why he didnt play well is BS.its also even bigger BS when you say that you cant use the escuse that Walter had a poor Oline.cause our Oline was the worst in the NFL in pass blocking.using it as an excuse for Jordan but saying it cant be used as an excuse for Walter is just BS.
Walter was asked to drop back with the worst pass blocking Oline in the NFL,and then he had to wait for the Walsh's slow developing plays to develop,only to find out that Moss was jogging,and that Whitted who can only run strait lines cant get open.he had the worst pass blocking Oline in the NFL,a poor running game,worst WRs,worst TEs and the worst OCs in the league.and if you dont believe Shoop is one of the worst OCs just go ask the Bears fans.
Fargas runs harder than Jordan does.jordan isnt at all worth keeping.
I said Moss isnt a guy worth keeping which can mean two things he should be traded or cut.not just one thing.He should be traded hes without a doubt a huge cancer.
the Falcons had the highest y/c.Cable was just brought.He runs a ZBS.AD would be a perfect fit Jordan wouldnt.THe ZBS requires someone who hits the holes right away.AD would do that.Jordan wont.hes proven that he would rather just dance around in the backfield.

Another illiterate stream on consciousness.

Why not just type

"I want Adrian Peterson" in every post and be done with it?

All the excuses you make for Walter about supporting cast and scheme/system play calling etc you can make for Jordan, Walter contributed to his sacks because he has absolutely zero pocket awareness, he's like a goat tied to post.

Atlanta has a great line, not the worst in football.

You take is total and complete nonsense, it's that Walter should stay so we don't draft a QB and LJ should be cut despite it costing $4.25M so YOU can have you poster boy.

Basically your a little kid with a poster on his wall, nothing more.

Paranoidmoonduck
02-24-2007, 01:50 PM
Would it be so much to ask that you guys stop quoting each other's posts from pages ago so we don't have to see them all over again?

At this point, QB seems far more likely than RB, but I have a feeling that a trade down for Peterson or Lynch is not out of the question.

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-24-2007, 02:29 PM
Whereas your somone who just wants Russell and cant except anyone else.You cant stand the idea of getting a veteran QB such as Huard or anybody else will.You think that drafting Russell will solve all of our problems and that nobody else.Drafting a guy merely off of potential and mainly hype is not at all worth the #1 pick in the draft.and since were talking money your golden boy Russell seems to think about it alot.More than the team that could draft him.
Yes Atlanta has a good Oline But not the worst in football.Neither do the Raiders in run blocking.their tied for 18 in the league with y/c.You cant make the same excuses for Walter and Jordan.
I guess you were right(at least partially)when you said you cant make the same excuses for Walter that you can for Jordan.You clearly have contradicted yourself.
The truth is Jordan doesnt have a good excuse.You know when Ron Dayne is running better than your RB that you have serious RB needs.
Walter has a good excuse because unlike Jordan he had alot more problems on his hands than Jordan did.
Walter is a statue back there but Brooks was sacked alot of times to.Not to mention Walter played more.
I would be perfectly happy with getting Huard or Shaub or Edwards.Honestly walter deserves another shot but why not get a veteran like Huard. or draft Edwards in round 3.

J_Martinez
02-24-2007, 03:02 PM
I am on record for the Raiders drafting Calvin Johnson. Second option would be Brady Quinn. Hey check out my blog for more details. I think I make some good points.

360.yahoo.com/raisingithigher

locseti
02-24-2007, 03:38 PM
Yes, yes it is. Lovely isn't it?

Yes, please dont change it.

locseti
02-24-2007, 03:57 PM
Greg Olsen ran a 4.45.

I would be pretty juiced if we got him in the 2nd. We need a TE so bad and I think his lack of production this year was due to sorry oline and sorry QB. I like this kid.

bernbabybern820
02-24-2007, 04:42 PM
Greg Olsen ran a 4.45.

I would be pretty juiced if we got him in the 2nd. We need a TE so bad and I think his lack of production this year was due to sorry oline and sorry QB. I like this kid.

ya but over an LT? it would be a very very tough decision even though i doubt Olsen falls to us.

RaiderNation
02-24-2007, 05:46 PM
Greg Olsen ran a 4.45.

ya but over an LT? it would be a very very tough decision even though i doubt Olsen falls to us.

i think we gotta go kalil in the 2nd and OT in 3rd

Paranoidmoonduck
02-24-2007, 05:51 PM
A RT is not worth out 33rd overall, but if we really feel that Gallery should move back across the line then I would be alright with Staley. I like Kalil, and he has nothing but prove he deserves his stock so far today, and I would be fine bringing him in, especially if Russell is coming with him.

I thought Doug Free was a viable chance, but he seems have added on about 20 un-needed pounds and ran a terrible 40 today. Samson Satele would be a great option at center if we pass on Kalil.

I would be just as happy if we add one of the top 7 DE's with our current 2nd rounder. Especially if that means Abiamiri.

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-24-2007, 06:08 PM
I like Kalil as the first option in round two and Olsen as the second.
I like Marten in the third.

Raiderz4Life
02-24-2007, 06:17 PM
Hey guys, ive been out for a long time cuz i didnt have a computer available to me, but i got one now and its not the best but should hold up till i can get a good one.

now, ive been out a while and some updating would be nice. What are the rumors and speculation with the raiders?

RaiderNation
02-24-2007, 06:22 PM
Hey guys, ive been out for a long time cuz i didnt have a computer available to me, but i got one now and its not the best but should hold up till i can get a good one.

now, ive been out a while and some updating would be nice. What are the rumors and speculation with the raiders?

looks like porter and moss are going to be back on board. brooks is gone :D .

Raiderz4Life
02-24-2007, 06:43 PM

i heard that GB was going for Moss, that Favre said he'd want Moss. Any truth to this?

RaiderNation
02-24-2007, 06:44 PM

i heard that GB was going for Moss, that Favre said he'd want Moss. Any truth to this?

yes its true but nothing new has come up about it.

Raiderz4Life
02-24-2007, 06:53 PM
Im still pushin for us to get CJ. I wouldnt mind getting Russell but not Quinn or AD.

RaiderNation
02-24-2007, 06:56 PM
Im still pushin for us to get CJ. I wouldnt mind getting Russell but not Quinn or AD.

so am i on getting cj and russell. why wouldnt u want AD or Quinn? both great prospects. quinn is a very smart qb who is in great shape, great arm an d accuracy and alright speed. AD is a great rb who runs over or out runs defenders

Raiderz4Life
02-24-2007, 07:18 PM

so am i on getting cj and russell. why wouldnt u want AD or Quinn? both great prospects. quinn is a very smart qb who is in great shape, great arm an d accuracy and alright speed. AD is a great rb who runs over or out runs defenders

Quinn and AD are great prospects, but i get the luxury to see Quinn play a whole lot, and im not very impressed, he gets rattled easily and doesnt play very well against top competition.

AD is great and all, but he has a lot of mileage on him. His injuries concern me because of his running style. He has a lot of wear and tear on him.

If we did go RB id like to see someone like Bush or Irons maybe.

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-24-2007, 07:21 PM

yes its true but nothing new has come up about it.now theres a rumor going around that the Jags are interested in the trade.

Paranoidmoonduck
02-24-2007, 07:47 PM
I would love to get Johnson in a Raiders uni, but if we're keeping all of our current wideouts, that is far too much money to invest in one position. It speaks to how good he is that I am still considering him a good pick though.

My next choice is Russell, since I love what he brings to the table. He is a bit more risky, and is he busts (truely busts) for whatever reason, it is going to be a huge set-back. That said, I don't think he will. We just need to sign some quarterback so we aren't relying on Walter to beat Russell out for the job and save him some bruises.

I wouldn't mind Peterson, but I'd rather not pay him almost 10 million dollars a year for 6 years when I'm not sure he'll be entirely healthy. I think there should be concern about what type of health he can mantain at the pro level.

My favorite idea is trading down to the 3-8 range and selecting Marshawn Lynch. I think he is going to be a stud in the NFL, and I like his chances more than I like Peterson's.

RaiderNation
02-24-2007, 08:05 PM
I would love to get Johnson in a Raiders uni, but if we're keeping all of our current wideouts, that is far too much money to invest in one position. It speaks to how good he is that I am still considering him a good pick though.

My next choice is Russell, since I love what he brings to the table. He is a bit more risky, and is he busts (truely busts) for whatever reason, it is going to be a huge set-back. That said, I don't think he will. We just need to sign some quarterback so we aren't relying on Walter to beat Russell out for the job and save him some bruises.

I wouldn't mind Peterson, but I'd rather not pay him almost 10 million dollars a year for 6 years when I'm not sure he'll be entirely healthy. I think there should be concern about what type of health he can mantain at the pro level.

My favorite idea is trading down to the 3-8 range and selecting Marshawn Lynch. I think he is going to be a stud in the NFL, and I like his chances more than I like Peterson's.

we think very alike

RaiderNation
02-24-2007, 08:06 PM

yes its true but nothing new has come up about it.now theres a rumor going around that the Jags are interested in the trade.

link? or u just hear about it?

slightlyaraiderfan
02-24-2007, 08:07 PM
I can't wait till we move to the new forum. I think the Raider thread has the most "No post for this thread exist" crap.

Paranoidmoonduck
02-24-2007, 08:17 PM
I can't wait till we move to the new forum. I think the Raider thread has the most "No post for this thread exist" crap.

What new forum?

Raiderz4Life
02-24-2007, 08:19 PM

I like Marshawn too, but i wouldnt take a RB in the 1st. Like i said, i would like Bush or Irons maybe. I would like to see CJ or Russell.

slightlyaraiderfan
02-24-2007, 08:21 PM

What new forum?
You gotta get out more man, we are switching to vBulletin boards!

http://nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36027

Paranoidmoonduck
02-24-2007, 08:24 PM

What new forum?
You gotta get out more man, we are switching to vBulletin boards!

http://nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36027

Damn, I guess I do. Well, I'll take it.

RaiderNation
02-24-2007, 08:54 PM
as of right now who would u want to draft in the 2nd? olsen,kalil,sears or staley?

Paranoidmoonduck
02-24-2007, 08:58 PM
as of right now who would u want to draft in the 2nd? olsen,kalil,sears or staley?

Don't want Sears. He's a guard or a right tackle, not worth that pick. Olsen will be gone, I can assure you, but I wouldn't want him anyway. Kalil and Staley are nice, and I trust the new staff to decide who needs to make a position change more, Gallery or Grove.

I think we have more options at 33 than just those four players.

RaiderNation
02-24-2007, 09:03 PM

Don't want Sears. He's a guard or a right tackle, not worth that pick. Olsen will be gone, I can assure you, but I wouldn't want him anyway. Kalil and Staley are nice, and I trust the new staff to decide who needs to make a position change more, Gallery or Grove.

I think we have more options at 33 than just those four players.

what DE or DT are good enough to pick in the 2nd?

Paranoidmoonduck
02-24-2007, 09:08 PM
I'd love Abiamiri, wouldn't terribly mind Moses. I don't think we really need a DT at that point, since the value won't be good.

I think if Leonard runs well he's a legitimate option as well.

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-24-2007, 09:36 PM
RB: LaMont Jordan has been quoted as saying his career could be over. If that is the case, the Raiders are in a bad way at running back. Justin Fargas is a back-up at best, and behind the current line, he has got no chance. Best hope for Oakland is a healthy Jordan in 2007. Contingency plans may be better off including free agents than a high draft pick, as some sort of veteran leadership is needed on the offensive side of the ball. http://football.about.com/od/teamneeds/a/teamneeds_OAK.htm
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

slightlyaraiderfan
02-24-2007, 10:17 PM
hmm He's been quoted that he's thinking retirement, but the only place i've ever seen that is on About.com

liverhgnbn
02-24-2007, 10:18 PM
:shock:

Windy
02-24-2007, 10:26 PM
hmm He's been quoted that he's thinking retirement, but the only place i've ever seen that is on About.com

lol

Stash
02-24-2007, 11:37 PM
Do the Raiders have to pay him anything if he retires like that? If not then thats pretty sweet, we'll be able to get rid of that bum and not take a cap hit. This would also shake things up in terms of what offseason moves we make in the draft/FA.

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-24-2007, 11:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-26d6O6tVM

RaiderNation
02-25-2007, 12:22 AM
RB: LaMont Jordan has been quoted as saying his career could be over. If that is the case, the Raiders are in a bad way at running back. Justin Fargas is a back-up at best, and behind the current line, he has got no chance. Best hope for Oakland is a healthy Jordan in 2007. Contingency plans may be better off including free agents than a high draft pick, as some sort of veteran leadership is needed on the offensive side of the ball. http://football.about.com/od/teamneeds/a/teamneeds_OAK.htm

:shock: :shock: :shock: does this mean AD or trade for thomas jones or willis ?

RaiderLifer
02-25-2007, 01:30 AM

:shock: :shock: :shock: does this mean AD or trade for thomas jones or willis ?

I read that a while back. It appears to be completely unsubstantiated. His injury was not serious at all, the report is BS.

raidersfanxxx
02-25-2007, 02:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-26d6O6tVM

i liked lanes half smile at the end of the video. you could tell by his look he was thinking. "get me off this set before i stick my foot in his fat ass"

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-25-2007, 11:35 AM
apparently Meachem ran a 4.36.

RaiderNation
02-25-2007, 12:13 PM
apparently Meachem ran a 4.36.

did rice run?

Komp
02-25-2007, 12:17 PM
I really liked the attitude that Quinn brought to the combine and deciding to do the bench despite his agent telling him not to. I'm not sure if he broke the record but he did 24 reps which is unreal for a QB. I don't think his talent is worth a #1 pick, but I think his overall package is definitely worth a trade down to 5-8. I also enjoyed the strength coach at the draft pumping him up by calling Quinn, "Sunshine". haha....

At 33 I would like to see us go OL. If Kalil is still there I would LOVE that pick. Staley will probably turn out to be a good pick there as well, but I think it might take him a year or two to adjust to the NFL. If we had to go DL I would much rather us get a DT than DE, but having said that, Abiamiri might be the best value at 33. So I'd be happy with Harrell, Abiamiri, etc....but the big boys are working out tomorrow so I'm sure things will get shaken up a bit.

PS - So much for CJ unless we trade Moss. :cry:

RaiderNation
02-25-2007, 03:12 PM
i heard cj ran a 4.35 40 at the combine. that true?

slightlyaraiderfan
02-25-2007, 03:17 PM
Let's try and more all of our discussion to the new Team Boards.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-25-2007, 06:16 PM
is this thread going to be gone?I want it to stay.

bernbabybern820
02-26-2007, 12:37 PM
is this thread going to be gone?I want it to stay.

i dont think there is a point of having this one anymore.

Komp
02-26-2007, 05:00 PM
What about all the awesome posts? :(

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-26-2007, 06:07 PM
I want it saved for History purposes.

Xonraider
02-26-2007, 06:10 PM
I jumped on the Raiders bandwagon because they have the first pick.

49ersfan_87
02-26-2007, 11:59 PM
I heard a rumor that kevan barlow will be a raider.

We will wait and see i guess.

RaiderNation
02-27-2007, 12:19 AM
I heard a rumor that kevan barlow will be a raider.

We will wait and see i guess.

idk. if he can be a big back for us id want him

raidersfanxxx
02-27-2007, 12:23 AM
meh, ill have to pass on that one

mcdlaxbonz13
03-01-2007, 02:17 PM
didn't want to start a new thread but i saw on espn that jeff garcia would strongly consider playing for the silver and black.

Komp
03-01-2007, 08:15 PM
If we cut Jordan I don't mind picking up Barlow. He would be a good interim back for the time being, however saying that I really don't know anything about his running style since he only really played lots for SF and they were never on TV that much. Can anyone give a scouting report on him?

Garcia? Meh....although it would open up the door for CJ, If he doesn't cost an arm and a leg I don't mind it altho I'd still like to see Walter get another crack at it. Especially if we can put together a half decent OL. Kiffin's play calling should be infinitely better than Walsh's as well. I think Walter has the poise and can make all the throws, he just needed some talent around him.

locseti
03-03-2007, 06:58 PM
Barlow is garbage, he's just like LaMont in terms of running style, he dances around. This would be a terrible move unless he signed for the league minimum

omecool20
03-05-2007, 12:26 AM
Raiders need an overhaul from top to bottom and that means you also, Al ;-( ...it's sad to see Raiders just living on the mystique .. Gruden should have stayed ....

Xonraider
12-07-2007, 11:22 AM
The ZBS suckes last time.. I hope we move Gallery to OG

Yay!!! I called it back in January