PDA

View Full Version : Oakland Raiders Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

nobodyinparticular
12-12-2006, 03:38 PM
ITs not the ints that bother me with Walter.its just that hes a statue and holds on to the ball to long.

When you've got Randal Williams out there dropping 3-4 balls a game, Randy Moss going 60% all game and Alvis Whitted as the other WR out there, I think it's a little understandable that he held onto the ball.

When Walter was in, Curry was getting 5-7 plays per game. The rest of the time, he had only 2 or 3 targets out there, and none of them would get open. He tried. Then he would get it to Moss for the 1st down or the TD, and Moss would drop it. Whitted just can't get open. And Randal Williams/Courtney Anderson grease their hands with Crisco before every game. You can't throw it when no one is open.

Also keep in mind that there were a ton of plays when the receivers wouldn't even look to the QB until they were 25 yards down the field or more.

nobodyinparticular
12-12-2006, 03:39 PM
I know im one of the few but I wouldnt be upset if we got Quinn. I dont want another washed up veteran free agent. History may say we dont draft 1st round qbs but anything can happen. WR is a bigger need for us but if CJ doesnt declare I'd go Quinn. Now you may slap me.

I don't think I would be too upset either, although I'd rather have Adrian Peterson over Quinn. That guy is just too special.

Kurve
12-12-2006, 06:15 PM
Doug Gabriel got released by the Patriots .... i wonder why he didnt do well up there bummer oh well i hope we take him back he played much better then whitted plus he would probably be more productive then moss and porter as well plus he is very familar with our team.

Windy
12-12-2006, 06:27 PM
that would be nice but we traded him and i doubt he would want to come back. he wouldnt be a bad pickup for the colts since stokley is gone for the season

Kurve
12-12-2006, 06:30 PM
i thought it was definatly one of the first group of dumb moves the raiders have done all this year. Gabriel and Curry i thought were the most promising WRs in the raiders. I beleive we should atleast offer him to come back to the raiders but who knows if we will, and if gabrial doesnt want to i wouldnt blame him either. We traded him for what a 5th or 6th round pick anyway how pathetic is that.

LookItsAlDavis
12-12-2006, 07:25 PM
I know im one of the few but I wouldnt be upset if we got Quinn. I dont want another washed up veteran free agent. History may say we dont draft 1st round qbs but anything can happen. WR is a bigger need for us but if CJ doesnt declare I'd go Quinn. Now you may slap me.

Can I give you a hug instead?

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-12-2006, 08:46 PM
i thought it was definatly one of the first group of dumb moves the raiders have done all this year. Gabriel and Curry i thought were the most promising WRs in the raiders. I beleive we should atleast offer him to come back to the raiders but who knows if we will, and if gabrial doesnt want to i wouldnt blame him either. We traded him for what a 5th or 6th round pick anyway how pathetic is that.he just got cut and i aint joking either.a draft pick for him and we get him back.steal.With Gabriel and Curry next year **** CJ.

nobodyinparticular
12-12-2006, 09:05 PM
Are you serious? Art Shell had better be on the phone all day long trying to get a hold of him to come back. He'd better be out there sending him 12 dozen bouquets of flowers, a truckload of chocolates and 2 dozen beautiful women. Get that man back here.

Xonraider
12-12-2006, 10:33 PM

I don't think I would be too upset either, although I'd rather have Adrian Peterson over Quinn. That guy is just too special.

I don't think anyone would be mad at drafting Quinn. We know it's unrealistic that Oakland drafts a QB in the 1st round.

Komp
12-12-2006, 11:12 PM
Wow I can't believe the Pats released Gabriel....we could definitely use him. Is it too late in the year to claim him off waivers?

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-12-2006, 11:14 PM
Wow I can't believe the Pats released Gabriel....we could definitely use him. Is it too late in the year to claim him off waivers?i dont know but it would be great if he was here next year.
Curry and Gabriel.****CJ.

jmanz
12-13-2006, 12:00 AM
very surprising, he did so well early on with the Pats this year. Bring him back!

slightlyaraiderfan
12-13-2006, 12:57 AM
Maybe Moss can finally help the Raiders this season and get his buddy DG back in S&B.

raiderfan4life
12-13-2006, 05:19 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2006/12/gabriel_to_oakl.html

Doug G. is back with us and we just stole the Patriots 5th rounder. lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

Windy
12-13-2006, 05:21 PM
HELL YES!!!!

Best news this season!!!!!!!

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-13-2006, 05:33 PM
HELL YES!!!!

Best news this season!!!!!!!

slightlyaraiderfan
12-13-2006, 05:47 PM
ha That's awesome, glad to have him back!

Who needs CJ??? Certainly not us. 8)

locseti
12-13-2006, 07:05 PM
NO CJ now!! Why the hell would the Pats release him?

jmanz
12-13-2006, 07:35 PM
man thats awesome, did the raider brass check out this thread or something? :P

NIN1984
12-13-2006, 07:43 PM
lol thats awesome i'm glad he's back

Xonraider
12-13-2006, 08:22 PM
I'm not sure that 5th round pick was something guaranteed, it probably was something conditional.

NIN1984
12-13-2006, 09:52 PM
We better get that 5th round pick we traded Doug to the Pats they used him all season and all of sudden they don't want him anymore with 3 weeks left in the season

i'm not sure what all this means or the deal of the trade but we better get a pick

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-13-2006, 10:05 PM
I think that there was some deal that said that if Gabriel was to make the pro bowl then the draft pick would move up.

steelcrew43
12-13-2006, 10:09 PM
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f212/steelcrew43/adrian_raid.jpg

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-13-2006, 10:15 PM
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f212/steelcrew43/adrian_raid.jpgsweet. :D thanks.

NIN1984
12-13-2006, 10:48 PM
John Madsen is #85 now I wonder what Gabriel will wear

Crow
12-14-2006, 04:13 AM
Not Raider Related (http://www.thenflforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26407), but funny as hell.

portermvp84
12-14-2006, 09:31 AM
Myguess is as good as yours, he most likly will wear 86 or something around there.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-14-2006, 06:34 PM
Myguess is as good as yours, he most likly will wear 86 or something around there.hopefully 18 after this season.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-14-2006, 06:34 PM
Not Raider Related (http://www.thenflforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26407), but funny as hell.J-Five is such a smart ass.
cant beleive i missed this yesterday.

portermvp84
12-15-2006, 01:26 PM
Myguess is as good as yours, he most likly will wear 86 or something around there.hopefully 18 after this season.

Hopefully that are 84.

jmanz
12-15-2006, 02:22 PM
Found out that the Raider-Ram game is gonna be televised in my area, pumped about that.

Xonraider
12-15-2006, 02:48 PM
Hopefully Gabs wears 84.. that was I can change the PORTER for GABRIEL

MikeD
12-15-2006, 04:28 PM
I beleave the Raiders should have Curry as their number 1 wideout. They should definatly draft Petterson, because Jordan sucks and every D knows it, so they concientrate on defending the pass. 8)

datchapin
12-16-2006, 09:01 AM
How likely is it that your team would take A. P. I ask because I'm a Texan's fan and considering you guys could use an upgrade all over the offensive side, I kinda hope you leave A.P. for us. Wouldn't Lynch be a better fit?

AdrianWilson12
12-16-2006, 01:49 PM
Quick question:
How is Stanford Route doing?

I know your secondary play is great this year with Asumogha, Washington, Huff, Schweigert and even Carr having good seasons, but what has Route contributed to your secondarys success? Has he played as well as a seconder rounder should be playing?

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-16-2006, 02:34 PM
Quick question:

I know your secondary play is great this year with Asumogha, Washington, Huff, Schweigert and even Carr having good seasons, but what has Route contributed to your secondarys success? Has he played as well as a seconder rounder should be playing?hes been beaten out of his spot pretty much by Carr.so.....

Xonraider
12-16-2006, 04:37 PM
How likely is it that your team would take A. P. I ask because I'm a Texan's fan and considering you guys could use an upgrade all over the offensive side, I kinda hope you leave A.P. for us. Wouldn't Lynch be a better fit?

How would Lynch be a better fit? I think drafting Adrian Peterson is a wide possibilty because our running game is horrible with LaMont Jordan. The only problem is the cap hit we'd take by cutting Jordan.

12-16-2006, 04:39 PM
How good has Schweigert been for you guys this year?

slightlyaraiderfan
12-16-2006, 05:13 PM
How would Lynch be a better fit? I think drafting Adrian Peterson is a wide possibilty because our running game is horrible with LaMont Jordan. The only problem is the cap hit we'd take by cutting Jordan.
Why would be cut Lamont? I'd like to keep him another year or two, that would give us a real nice duo...until AP is ready to take over.

Oaktown1981
12-16-2006, 05:33 PM

He is been ok but he will be the 1st starter to be replaced sooner or later.

In time I think the Raiders will move Huff to FS and draft somone else to play SS.

SubNoize
12-16-2006, 06:26 PM
Gabriel # 80... not huge news just saw on raiders official.

Paranoidmoonduck
12-16-2006, 06:37 PM

Um, Lynch would be a much better fit for Kubiak's offense. Peterson is by no means a one cut and go runner, he's a blast through the hole faster than you can believe and make second level cuts and jukes. Lynch would probably make a spectacular zone-blocking runner.

He is been ok but he will be the 1st starter to be replaced sooner or later.

In time I think the Raiders will move Huff to FS and draft somone else to play SS.

And I think you're crazy.

Schweigert has been the rock of this years secondary. Asomugha has come on strong as of late, as has Washington, and Huff has been merely solid all year. Schweigert has been making plays all over the field, racking up tackles like nobody's business, and has been one of the biggest contributors to the success of this years defense.

As for Huff moving to FS, that wouldn't really work. Ryan has been saying since Huff was drafted that he wants to employ like the Ravens employ Ed Reed, which means moving him all over the field. The only real position you can do this from is SS, since we need someone to play second level defense and centerfield, which Schweigert has been doing wonderfully this year.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-16-2006, 06:53 PM
Indeed Stu has a done a good job out there.I cant say how many times ive seen make the tackle that saves a TD.

Xonraider
12-16-2006, 07:05 PM
Why would be cut Lamont? I'd like to keep him another year or two, that would give us a real nice duo...until AP is ready to take over.

We wouldn't be able to afford both of them.

Paranoidmoonduck
12-16-2006, 07:32 PM

We wouldn't be able to afford both of them.

Yes we would. Jordan is to be payed relatively small amounts of money next year, and after that I remember reading somewhere that it would be a possibility to cut him with minor financial damage.

Add in the fact that Porters contract will likely be off the books soon, and possibly Moss' (although I doubt it).

Crow
12-16-2006, 07:41 PM
What he said, plus the spike in cap room that everyone will get next year.

With Jordan's inability to stay healthy, and the fact that he's really done nothing to prove that he can be a feature back, I think it's entirely possible we'll look to AP. Jordan's salary doesn't become prohibitive until 2008, so I like our chances of pairing those two for a year...assuming Jordan doesn't have a sizeable roster bonus due this offseason.

Lynch would be a great pick as well, but probably not going to have top 5 value.

Quick question:

I know your secondary play is great this year with Asumogha, Washington, Huff, Schweigert and even Carr having good seasons, but what has Route contributed to your secondarys success? Has he played as well as a seconder rounder should be playing?

Not really. He doesn't see the field all that much. He, Tyrone Poole, and Chris Carr all split reps in our nickle packages. Routt is the most likely to draw a flag. I feel like he's actually regressed since last year.

He still has upside, and we have a really good DBs coach, so it's too early to completely give up on him. Still, taking a career nickleback...especially one so raw...in Rd2 was a questionable pick to start with.
Doesn't get caught out of position as often as he has in previous seasons, but he's still just adequate. Definitely not the playmaker he was at Purdue. Still takes some funky angles when attempting to make a tackle. That's bothersome. But, in the interest of saying something positive about him, he has laid some well-timed lumber in a few games this season. That was nice to see.
As for Huff moving to FS, that wouldn't really work. Ryan has been saying since Huff was drafted that he wants to employ like the Ravens employ Ed Reed, which means moving him all over the field.
You mean Polamalu, right? ;)

Windy
12-16-2006, 07:47 PM
even if we draft AP or Lynch we still need to keep Lamont. He's one of few offensive players we have that plays with passion and cares about what he's doing.

SubNoize
12-16-2006, 07:54 PM
anybody thought of trading down maybe slightly out of top 10 and picking up extra picks and going with Jarret instead of CJ, picking up extra picks. Then trading Moss for a 2nd and going for Bush at RB. extra picks would also allow a gamble on a QB or get a decent lineman on either side.

Paranoidmoonduck
12-16-2006, 08:15 PM
You mean Polamalu, right? ;)

Well, Polamalu would be great, except Huff, can, you know, actually cover...

:wink:

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-16-2006, 08:38 PM
anybody thought of trading down maybe slightly out of top 10 and picking up extra picks and going with Jarret instead of CJ, picking up extra picks. Then trading Moss for a 2nd and going for Bush at RB. extra picks would also allow a gamble on a QB or get a decent lineman on either side.I dont see Al trading down.

nobodyinparticular
12-17-2006, 12:42 AM
Quick question:

I know your secondary play is great this year with Asumogha, Washington, Huff, Schweigert and even Carr having good seasons, but what has Route contributed to your secondarys success? Has he played as well as a seconder rounder should be playing?hes been beaten out of his spot pretty much by Carr.so.....

I'm going to disagree here. I don't know why Routt hasn't been out there more, but I've seen very, very good success from him when he is. Again, I don't know why he's not out there more, but I'll say that the difference between Carr and Routt on the field is Routt plays the slot a lot more, but Carr is out there as a 3rd S a lot of times.

Komp
12-17-2006, 12:23 PM
anybody thought of trading down maybe slightly out of top 10 and picking up extra picks and going with Jarret instead of CJ, picking up extra picks. Then trading Moss for a 2nd and going for Bush at RB. extra picks would also allow a gamble on a QB or get a decent lineman on either side.

Yah I don't like this idea either. I don't mind trading down within the top 10 to #5-6-7 and grabbing another 1st day pick in the process . If we did that we can still pickup an Alan Branch/AD/Gaines Adams at that spot.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-17-2006, 12:30 PM
Sad news guys apparently George "Run Run" Jones passed away.
http://www.raiders.com/newsroom/news...l.jsp?id=29500
wish he could have seen the Raiders have 1 more winning season.

RIP

Windy
12-17-2006, 03:25 PM
Fargas is a stud.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-17-2006, 03:29 PM
Dont have the game where I live which is right over the hills from Oakland. :cry:

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-17-2006, 03:45 PM
Thanks Stu.

What no flag on Bruce.BS.

12-17-2006, 05:03 PM
U will have a winning record next season!!!!!!!

Walter will step up... 5000 yards, 35 td's 0 int's!!!

THe RAIDERS RULES!!!

NIN1984
12-17-2006, 05:24 PM
Every team in the NFL gets bad calls by these idiot NFL officials but the Raiders just seem to get the bizarre/ weird calls week after week.

Xonraider
12-17-2006, 05:36 PM
Andrew Walter in the game.

Xonraider
12-17-2006, 05:39 PM
Andrew Walter in the game.

3 consecutive completions lead to an interception which leads to a 20 yard TD by Steven Jackon. :cry:

NIN1984
12-17-2006, 05:40 PM
Only 2 more weeks of this nightmare

Raiderz4Life
12-17-2006, 07:25 PM
Whats the record for most shut outs in a single season? Have we broken it yet?

Paranoidmoonduck
12-17-2006, 07:52 PM

We've only been shut out 3 times to my memory, so I have to imagine that some team has bee shut down more times than that.

Oaktown1981
12-17-2006, 09:51 PM
It's safe to say Walter isn't the QB of the future.

NIN1984
12-17-2006, 09:53 PM

Yeah I agree

RaiderNation
12-18-2006, 11:00 AM
i totally agree with that. we r either getting a qb in the first 3 rounds this year or next

Crow
12-18-2006, 05:41 PM
Based on what, exactly? Dan Marino would flop on this team.

LookItsAlDavis
12-18-2006, 05:52 PM

Stop sticking up for Walter..........even on this crappy team with Randy Moss and LaMont Jordan he stunk...........and say somethin about Moss' attitude.........had Walter played better, I guarantee that Moss wouldn't be crying so much.

slightlyaraiderfan
12-18-2006, 06:25 PM

Stop sticking up for Walter..........even on this crappy team with Randy Moss and LaMont Jordan he stunk...........and say somethin about Moss' attitude.........had Walter played better, I guarantee that Moss wouldn't be crying so much.
Did you watch the games...or do you just look at the stat sheet and assume that he has Moss and Lamont that he should be putting up huge numbers?

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-18-2006, 07:12 PM

Stop sticking up for Walter..........even on this crappy team with Randy Moss and LaMont Jordan he stunk...........and say somethin about Moss' attitude.........had Walter played better, I guarantee that Moss wouldn't be crying so much.Moss is to depressed to catch though and his only other targets?Williams and Whitted?Moss would be crying if Johnny U was our Qb behind our OLine.

Komp
12-18-2006, 09:00 PM
I don't know if Walter is the QB of the Raiders future but I do know one thing....I'd rather have him as my QB any day of the week over Brooks. Brooks is a born loser....he slouches all over the field. At least Walter carries himself with some pride. Brooks should just be cut, I can't stand him. He's the leader of the team and when he mopes about like a doofus it makes it ok for guys like Randall Williams to mope and slouch and be okay with getting shout out at home. Bah, just cut Brooks already and lets keep going with Walter and see what he can do in the last couple games.

Raiderz4Life
12-18-2006, 09:08 PM

We've only been shut out 3 times to my memory, so I have to imagine that some team has bee shut down more times than that.

That was hyperbole, my friend

Oaktown1981
12-18-2006, 11:08 PM

Based on the fact he isn't good. Good QB's make things happen and Walter doesn't. He holds the ball too long he doesn't run when he is given the chance.

Some QB's you just can't block for and Walter is one of them. Cowboys OL was the one of the worst with Bledose im comes Romo and their line doesn't look to bad.

Titans were the so called worst team with Collins. In comes Young and they have they 7 wins.

Raiders need a QB it's the most imporant position on the team. Year after year Raiders fans come up with this BS reason not to draft a QB.

Raiders need so sign a vet for 2 years draft a QB this year and let him sit for at least one year. Address the OL this offseason draft a WR, TE, FB, RB ect. Then start the young QB next year.

MikeD
12-18-2006, 11:24 PM
Would you guys want any of these guys Plummer, Carr,or Harrington for QB's next year.

NIN1984
12-19-2006, 08:39 AM
Would you guys want any of these guys Plummer, Carr,or Harrington for QB's next year.

NO! If they Raiders can't get Brady Quinn I hope they trade for Leftwich

slightlyaraiderfan
12-19-2006, 11:50 AM
Gallery is going to play this sunday, the San Francisco Chronicle is reporting.

LookItsAlDavis
12-19-2006, 12:48 PM

Based on the fact he isn't good. Good QB's make things happen and Walter doesn't. He holds the ball too long he doesn't run when he is given the chance.

Some QB's you just can't block for and Walter is one of them. Cowboys OL was the one of the worst with Bledose im comes Romo and their line doesn't look to bad.

Titans were the so called worst team with Collins. In comes Young and they have they 7 wins.

Raiders need a QB it's the most imporant position on the team. Year after year Raiders fans come up with this BS reason not to draft a QB.

Raiders need so sign a vet for 2 years draft a QB this year and let him sit for at least one year. Address the OL this offseason draft a WR, TE, FB, RB ect. Then start the young QB next year.

I agree.

slightlyaraiderfan
12-19-2006, 01:25 PM
You guys are so blind if you think Walter was the only problem...which seems to be your reason for our crappy offense. He had receivers that can't catch, didnt give all out effort(The reason Walter was "hold onto the ball too long")...then he had the worst excuse for an offensive line in the history of the NFL...then he had a dumbass OC calling plays, plus it was his first year starting..so of course he isn't going be perfect.

The only reason Brooks had a little bit of success was because he was running for his life half the time.

Paranoidmoonduck
12-19-2006, 03:38 PM
I think that judging Walter on this season is silly. I also don't want to put too much stock into the few good games he played this year and his impressive pre-season performances, but I think that properly judging any quarterback behind this line/running these plays is simply impossible.

I think that improving this team as a whole is the only way I personally would consider bringing in a new young quarterback to Oakland. We don't know how good Walter can be, but I can guarantee you that neither Russell nor Quinn would have done much better with this year's team.

Not that would complain terribly if we brought in a rookie or Leftwhich, since I am far from convinced that Walter is going to be a great player. However, no matter what we do we need to figure out why the line plays like such **** considering all the talent they have.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-19-2006, 05:58 PM
Why would you want Leftwich.Hes terrible.Hes like Walter but Walter>Leftwich.
Leftwich is a statue like Walter but the difference is Walter has a good arm with a quick release whereas Leftwich has slow release.
Leftwich would do worse in Oakland.
The only thing Leftwich has on Walter is experience.Walter's only in his 2nd year by the way which is more like 1.5 years since he was on the IR last year.

Xonraider
12-19-2006, 07:46 PM
WE GOT SCREWED IN THE PRO BOWL SELECTION... **** THE NFL.

NIN1984
12-19-2006, 08:02 PM
Leftwich has won in the NFL he has been in the playoffs if Raiders can fix that o-line I would not mind Leftwich at all, And for Andrew Walter he’s just another goof who has a strong arm, Ken Dorsey showed more potential on an awful 49ers team a few years ago

jmanz
12-19-2006, 08:28 PM
I think that judging Walter on this season is silly. I also don't want to put too much stock into the few good games he played this year and his impressive pre-season performances, but I think that properly judging any quarterback behind this line/running these plays is simply impossible.

I think that improving this team as a whole is the only way I personally would consider bringing in a new young quarterback to Oakland. We don't know how good Walter can be, but I can guarantee you that neither Russell nor Quinn would have done much better with this year's team.

Not that would complain terribly if we brought in a rookie or Leftwhich, since I am far from convinced that Walter is going to be a great player. However, no matter what we do we need to figure out why the line plays like such *********** considering all the talent they have.

Pretty much agree with everything you said.

slightlyaraiderfan
12-20-2006, 12:02 PM
**** a top 2 pick, I want to beat the Chiefs.

jmanz
12-20-2006, 12:35 PM
*********** a top 2 pick, I want to beat the Chiefs.

especially on national tv

portermvp84
12-20-2006, 01:07 PM
So did anybody else notice this we always play on Chritmas against the Cheifs, but I guess the Cowgurls and the Eagles are worthy enough to play. That pisses me off watching the cowgurl every week play. They have Thanksgiving and Chritsmas now, that is complete bull.

RaiderNation
12-20-2006, 03:27 PM
this off season we need to get a qb. either quinn or leftwich. or mayb we trade down in the draft to get brahm or russel. if we cant get quinn,russell or brahm, i guess id want CJ. and if hes not their it would be AD

Titansfan777
12-20-2006, 05:54 PM
I am a huge fan of the Raiders and Titans, I was thinking of a way to give both teams what they want. The Raiders get a solid #2 option for themselves, Jones has great hands and is a great possesion receiver with great speed and vision. You get middle round picks from Tennessee and You get rid of a guy who might not be around anyway next year. The Titans get a true #1 receiver to go along with Bennett and Givens. These are my two favorite teams and it really helps out both squads in terms of short and long term contributions.

Please give me feedback on this trade proposal.

Randy Moss for:

Brandon Jones
2007 2nd
2007 4th

D4rk 0ne
12-20-2006, 06:28 PM
I kind of want the Raiders to drop down and pick up Troy Smith later in the draft. Here is why:

Troy had a line as big as, if not bigger than many NFL lines. He is mobile and makes plays with his legs, his arm, and his decision-making. He does not rely on his line the way a big statue (Walter) does. I love Walter and am not a huge Smith fan. But you can not deny that he ges it done. Plus we could probably get another day 1 pick if we trade down out of the top 15... Round 2 we could take Rice or Jarrett, round 3 and on we would have to work on the trenches.

Paranoidmoonduck
12-20-2006, 07:36 PM
I have so many question marks about Troy's arm that it isn't even funny. I cringe whenever I watch him whip his arm and toss a wobbly laser pass 15-30 yards when putting that much oomph on that ball it totally unnecessary.

The last team I want him on is Oakland.

Oh, and the reason he has been able to see over his offensive line is because the Buckeyes are playing a ton of shotgun, which gives him a better vantage point.

Windy
12-20-2006, 08:06 PM
I'd rather have JaMarcus Russell than Troy Smith

Titansfan777
12-20-2006, 09:07 PM
I am a huge fan of the Raiders and Titans, I was thinking of a way to give both teams what they want. The Raiders get a solid #2 option for themselves, Jones has great hands and is a great possesion receiver with great speed and vision. You get middle round picks from Tennessee and You get rid of a guy who might not be around anyway next year. The Titans get a true #1 receiver to go along with Bennett and Givens. These are my two favorite teams and it really helps out both squads in terms of short and long term contributions.

Please give me feedback on this trade proposal.

Randy Moss for:

Brandon Jones
2007 2nd
2007 4th

would ya do it!!!

Komp
12-20-2006, 11:33 PM
That is a horrible deal...we already have Curry and Gabriel who are both capable of playing a #2 WR role. Give us one of your tight ends like Troupe or Scaife. How about this.....

To Titans - Randy Moss

To Raiders - Bo Scaife/Ben Troupe [he still around??], 2nd rd pick 2007

*I don't know what Troupe's injury is, but I'd rather have him than Scaife if he is healthy

TE is an area of need and another 2nd rd pick could be used on a WR, OL or DL.

locseti
12-21-2006, 01:21 AM
That is a horrible deal...we already have Curry and Gabriel who are both capable of playing a #2 WR role. Give us one of your tight ends like Troupe or Scaife. How about this.....

To Titans - Randy Moss

*I don't know what Troupe's injury is, but I'd rather have him than Scaife if he is healthy

hell, even Erin Kinney. we need a TE in the worst way,

Xonraider
12-21-2006, 01:43 AM

To Titans - Randy Moss

hell, even Erin Kinney. we need a TE in the worst way,

We wouldn't even use him..

Xonraider
12-21-2006, 01:43 AM
Morant is going to start.

Lombardi is apparently on his way out of Oakland.

locseti
12-21-2006, 01:57 AM

Morant and who? Whitted or Curry? Did someone get hurt?

nobodyinparticular
12-21-2006, 02:05 AM

Morant and Curry. Whitted dislocated his wrist. Will Buchannon was signed to the active roster. I wouldn't be surprised to see him leapfrog Gabriel. (as much as it pains me)

Xonraider
12-21-2006, 02:08 AM

Morant and Curry. Whitted dislocated his wrist. Will Buchannon was signed to the active roster. I wouldn't be surprised to see him leapfrog Gabriel. (as much as it pains me)

True, especially because Davis is pissed at Gabriel not going OB in the last play of the game.

nobodyinparticular
12-21-2006, 02:21 AM
Mod test.

Here is Locseti's post:

True, especially because Davis is pissed at Gabriel not going OB in the last play of the game.

Does WHitted run the sloppiest routes you've ever seen? The game was blacked out in Norcal last week, what is OB? out of bounds? And how did Gabriel look, did he get alot of PT?

locseti
12-21-2006, 02:29 AM
Mod test.

Here is Locseti's post:

Does WHitted run the sloppiest routes you've ever seen? The game was blacked out in Norcal last week, what is OB? out of bounds? And how did Gabriel look, did he get alot of PT?

ya, when you try and quote, it takes you back to the board...I've found I have to log out and then back in to quote.

Xonraider
12-21-2006, 02:33 AM
Mod test.

Here is Locseti's post:

ya, when you try and quote, it takes you back to the board...I've found I have to log out and then back in to quote.

1. Whitted has poor, lame hands. Runs terrible routes, has no speed, can't get any separation at all.
2. OB = Out of Bounds
3. Don't know, followed it via Radio.

portermvp84
12-21-2006, 09:54 AM
Why the hell do we keep Whitted around I would rather start Will Buichanon on the practice squad than him, he is God awful slow and can't catch a damn ball.

Crow
12-21-2006, 04:59 PM
NFLN is reporting that Shell is OUT at season's end.

"Expected to be fired", to be exact.

I just had an orgasm.

Crow
12-21-2006, 05:40 PM
Oakland lashed out at Schefter, calling him anti-Raider and a rumormonger, and said that no decisions regarding the 2007 incarnation of the Raiders had been made or would be made for some time.

jmanz
12-21-2006, 06:41 PM
Oakland lashed out at Schefter, calling him anti-Raider and a rumormonger, and said that no decisions regarding the 2007 incarnation of the Raiders had been made or would be made for some time.

Weird that Schefter would stick his neck out on the line to report something that wasn't true even if he's tight with the broncos organization.

locseti
12-21-2006, 07:56 PM

Weird that Schefter would stick his neck out on the line to report something that wasn't true even if he's tight with the broncos organization.

How can he be anti raider if he's reporting the departure of Shell? If anything, that's pro Raider.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-21-2006, 09:02 PM

How can he be anti raider if he's reporting the departure of Shell? If anything, that's pro Raider. :lol:

Paranoidmoonduck
12-21-2006, 11:03 PM
I have a really hard time believing that Shell will be fired after this year. After all the times Al got turned down last off-season, the only reason to fire Shell would be to promote Ryan. Even then, Al is slow to admit mistakes. I say Shell gets one more year.

Xonraider
12-21-2006, 11:48 PM

So much for fair judgement and good reports from Schefter towards the Raiders. :roll:

LookItsAlDavis
12-21-2006, 11:57 PM
Personally, I think it will just be a step back if Art is fired. 3 coaches in 3 years? Not something to be proud of, Al.

locseti
12-21-2006, 11:58 PM
I have a really hard time believing that Shell will be fired after this year. After all the times Al got turned down last off-season, the only reason to fire Shell would be to promote Ryan. Even then, Al is slow to admit mistakes. I say Shell gets one more year.

No way, I seriously thought that anybody would be better than Norval, but the team as a whole has taken a signifigant step backward this year. Someone is going to be the fall guy, and I know Lombardi is gone, but I think Shell deserves alot more of the blame. Al has to got to realize this and cut his losses, for the sake of RaiderNation.

slightlyaraiderfan
12-22-2006, 01:02 AM
I agree.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-22-2006, 01:03 AM
If anybody is going to be fired its Shoop.

Komp
12-22-2006, 04:40 PM
I don't think there is any way Art Shell will be fired this year. I think he has straightened out the ship a bit this year. I think we finally know who we want to keep and who we don't now, and that is the first step in rebuilding. Plus it is not like Shell had a fair chance to succeed with the team that he was given.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-22-2006, 06:46 PM
Shell was given a fair chance.He could have selcted an OC that knows how to run an offense.

iloxygenil
12-22-2006, 11:26 PM
I'd like to see what you guys think the TRUE possibility of a trade between Atlanta and Oakland would be. Involving Matt Schaub, and picks / Randy Moss?

Xonraider
12-23-2006, 12:00 AM
I'd like to see what you guys think the TRUE possibility of a trade between Atlanta and Oakland would be. Involving Matt Schaub, and picks / Randy Moss?

Very possible.

iloxygenil
12-23-2006, 12:02 AM
Alright just was wondering how you guys felt about it =)

nobodyinparticular
12-23-2006, 01:33 AM

Linky dinky?

slightlyaraiderfan
12-23-2006, 01:42 AM

Linky dinky?
I saw the same thing on NFL Network, couldn't find a link.

snailplow
12-23-2006, 03:47 AM

Linky dinky?

I found a link to an article about it.

http://www.sacbee.com/100/story/96827.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xonraider
12-23-2006, 11:30 AM
I heard AL was rushed to the hospital. Let me get back to you.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-23-2006, 12:43 PM
I heard AL was rushed to the hospital. Let me get back to you.weird.
How long ago did Lammar Hunt die?

jmanz
12-23-2006, 03:19 PM
I heard AL was rushed to the hospital. Let me get back to you.weird.
How long ago did Lammar Hunt die?

Hunt died on December 13th.

Crow
12-23-2006, 05:46 PM
Personally, I think it will just be a step back if Art is fired. 3 coaches in 3 years? Not something to be proud of, Al.

Hiring Shell was a trip & fall. To be able to even take a step back would at least mean that we were on our feet again.

jmanz
12-23-2006, 06:15 PM
man i hope we can play decent tonight :(

jmanz
12-23-2006, 07:09 PM
Fargas and our line looking good early.

Windy
12-23-2006, 07:09 PM
Justin Fargas lookin good early

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-23-2006, 07:20 PM
Johnson in going to kill us.
Stop em on 4th D.

jmanz
12-23-2006, 07:20 PM
I have a feeling I'm gonna get sick of Dick Vermeil's biased commentary before too long.

nobodyinparticular
12-23-2006, 07:30 PM
Anyone see the 4th down pass? Flores and Pappa thought it was incomplete.

jmanz
12-23-2006, 07:32 PM
Anyone see the 4th down pass? Flores and Pappa thought it was incomplete.

hmm i didnt notice

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-23-2006, 07:32 PM
Anyone see the 4th down pass? Flores and Pappa thought it was incomplete.I got Gumbel and Vermeil.
But yah it did look incomplete.damn penalties.

jmanz
12-23-2006, 07:35 PM
man fargas is really giving a nice effort so far.

nobodyinparticular
12-23-2006, 07:40 PM
man fargas is really giving a nice effort so far.

That's what I'm hearing. Good to know.

Windy
12-23-2006, 08:11 PM
Flores: "You think they'll go for it here"

:lol:

jmanz
12-23-2006, 08:18 PM
Curry is also having a nice game so far.

Xonraider
12-23-2006, 08:18 PM
WOW.. WE'RE DOING DECENTLY.

jmanz
12-23-2006, 08:27 PM
turnovers kill

locseti
12-23-2006, 08:28 PM
The commentators are right - Walter is way too "casual" in the pocket, something you absolutely cannot be with our fuking line. This is so painful. Walter is not the answer

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-23-2006, 08:33 PM
god dang penalties.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-23-2006, 08:36 PM
Int.dont know where the recievers were on that play.

jmanz
12-23-2006, 08:38 PM
Int.dont know where the recievers were on that play.

Yeah that was ugly....three chiefs were all alone battling for that one.

jmanz
12-23-2006, 09:00 PM
That a boy Seabass!!!

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-23-2006, 09:03 PM
Seabass with the fg and the tackle.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-23-2006, 09:35 PM
another int.
whyd you throw it you know Anderson cant catch.

jmanz
12-23-2006, 09:37 PM
another int.
whyd you throw it you know Anderson cant catch.

Just when he was starting to get into a little groove.

Windy
12-23-2006, 09:38 PM
I know the Oline sucks but I still am not comfortable with Walter.

jmanz
12-23-2006, 09:41 PM
Asomugha with another pick......he should have been pro bowl bound.

America
12-23-2006, 09:42 PM
I have only watched 2 or 3 Raider games, and I didn't get to see a lot of Michael Huff. Huff was my 2nd favorite player in the draft after Vince, and I loved him at Texas. How good has he been for yall?

jmanz
12-23-2006, 09:43 PM
I have only watched 2 or 3 Raider games, and I didn't get to see a lot of Michael Huff. Huff was my 2nd favorite player in the draft after Vince, and I loved him at Texas. How good has he been for yall?

He's been good and will only get better. It will be exciting to see him grow with experience.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-23-2006, 09:46 PM
Morant with the fumble.I want Rob Ryan to kick the **** out of the whole entire offensive coahcing staff.

jmanz
12-23-2006, 09:48 PM
I just can't believe how awful we are offensively. Disgusting.

fondoffilm
12-23-2006, 09:49 PM
Viking fans feel your pain.

jmanz
12-23-2006, 09:51 PM
Viking fans feel your pain.

I hear ya bro. Living right next door to minnesota, I am pretty plugged into that scene as well.

jmanz
12-23-2006, 09:53 PM
What is the reason that Gabriel isn't playing more by the way? He should be playing a heck of a lot more than Morant in my opinion.

Windy
12-23-2006, 09:56 PM
I'm speechless about the Offense.

fondoffilm
12-23-2006, 09:56 PM
I fancy that Ronald Curry. How does Williamson for Curry sound?

locseti
12-23-2006, 09:58 PM
Asomugha with another pick......he should have been pro bowl bound.

ya, I'd say tied for the league lead in int's is grounds for a pro bowl bid. The o line sucks, but walter cant create $hit on his own.

Just Quinn, Baby...M.Bush in the second

jmanz
12-23-2006, 09:59 PM

no thanks, curry is the man.

locseti
12-23-2006, 10:00 PM

Sounds ridiculous.

fondoffilm
12-23-2006, 10:01 PM
Hmm...Williamson for Morant then?

Please?

jmanz
12-23-2006, 10:04 PM
Hmm...Williamson for Morant then?

Please?

lol good stuff man

weezer1195
12-23-2006, 10:05 PM
I second the call for brady quinn if he is available. I know im preaching to the choir but raiders need to find an O-line if he's going to survive his rookie year anyway.

Don't like the Bush pick. Bad track record with those louisville backs of late. Lionel Gates and Eric Shelton both busted. Shelton was similar but not as domiant...big back who runs too upright.

jmanz
12-23-2006, 10:15 PM
11 grabs for Curry, that guy earns his keep.

Xonraider
12-23-2006, 10:17 PM
I heard AL was rushed to the hospital. Let me get back to you.

Got nothing official but not ONE SINGLE shot of him in his box.

D4rk 0ne
12-23-2006, 11:26 PM
Guys we're guaranteed a top 2 pick according to Scott.

What do you say to this:
1. Quinn, QB, ND
2. Bush, HB, UL
3. Higgins, WR, UTEP
I think we could get all 3 of those guys and then address OL through FA. We have a couple holes on D but those 3 are too big to leave open.

weezer, Bush is top 20-25 talent but will probably be available because of his knee injury. Barring an amazing combine, we will have a good value there. If he has a terrible combine, which really wouldn't surprise me, what should we do? No other really impressive backs (I personally think Lynch is going to be one of the most successful NFL players in the league in 5 years or so but he won't be available...) and we don't need to go for WR there because IMO Higgins is the best prospect in that bunch of guys projected to go in the 2nd or 3rd and he'll be available in the early 3rd. So why not Bush? Who would you take?

King Rhabuf
12-23-2006, 11:34 PM
After the watching the game, you guys really aren't that terrible. Your defense can bring it.

Your offense is awful, but what kills the team is the ******* turnovers. If you guys at least didn't turn it over, you can reduce the Chiefs score in half easily and the game is really close. I really don't think you guys are THAT far away from being a 7-9/8-8 team in a few years to come. If the defense can force some turnovers, then WOW, what a unit that will be.

RaiderNation
12-24-2006, 12:02 AM
after watchn higlight of the game, ive made up my mind and say WE HAVE TO GET BRADY QUINN OR JAMARCUS RUSSELL. i prefer quinn because of his coach in college ( for got name ). russell would be great too. we might be able to trade down a few picks to get him too.

D4rk 0ne
12-24-2006, 12:10 AM
Russel is like the exact same person as Walter... Both 6'6 although Russel is heavier. Both have amazing power although neither has noteworthy accuracy. Neither leaves the pocket often. That said, Russel can throw farther and probabaly more accurately than Walter, and could potentially be a better runner than Walter was well. Still, I don't think we should take him... Especially if we have Quinn/CJ.

bernbabybern820
12-24-2006, 12:22 AM
i guess it all depends on the moss and porter situation next year. if we have at least one of them then we can save our draft picks on something other than reciever. i was pretty impressed with gallery tonight i guess ill have to watch more of him next week versus a pretty good jets defense. i keyed on him so much this game that i didnt get to see the other linemen too much.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-24-2006, 01:14 AM
I saw some stuff that I liked.
Morant played well besides the fumble.
Curry was Curry.
Gabriel was getting a little bit invovled.
Walter when given time to throw did well.
Gallery played rather well.
Fargas played well.
Will Buchannon got a grab.
defense played well as always.but there is a need for a good NT.Tank Tyler in the 2nd could solve that.
Hulsey played well.
Overall the offensive line played like crap.along with the TEs.the RBs and Recievers played well.
just to name a few positives.

bearsfan_51
12-24-2006, 01:16 AM
Do you understand what us Bears fans were saying about Shoop now? The man absolutely refuses to throw the ball more than 5 yards downfield and his protection schemes are absolutely terrible. He's fine as a QB coach but is in WAY over his head as a coordinator.

I feel bad that there was such a spewing hatred for him when he was in Chicago, no man deserves that kind of personal animosity for trying to do his job, he's just painfully bad.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-24-2006, 01:38 AM
Do you understand what us Bears fans were saying about Shoop now? The man absolutely refuses to throw the ball more than 5 yards downfield and his protection schemes are absolutely terrible. He's fine as a QB coach but is in WAY over his head as a coordinator.

I feel bad that there was such a spewing hatred for him when he was in Chicago, no man deserves that kind of personal animosity for trying to do his job, he's just painfully bad.i never thought of Shoop as the future.just to have him for the rest of season instead of Walsh.believe me Shoop>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Walsh.

RaiderNation
12-24-2006, 01:57 PM
i agree. shoop> than bed and breakfast

Paranoidmoonduck
12-24-2006, 02:04 PM
I'm a bit curious as to if Shell gets fired, will Al immediately promote Ryan, or will he pursue college coaches again. He went after Petrino and Hill last off-season, and perhaps one of them (hope to god Petrino) would he heartened by the greatly improved defense and work a little offensive magic in the pros.

Of course, the idea of Petrino leaving before Brohm seems silly, and Hill didn't have a great year this season.

RaiderNation
12-24-2006, 02:26 PM
if petrino comes, it will probably garentee we r getting brohm.no qb wants to have their HC to leave. so he will probably come out.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-24-2006, 02:46 PM
Petrino already rejected Al's offer last year why would he take it this year.

RaiderNation
12-24-2006, 03:07 PM
might get a better deal, and will have a chance to have his qb from college, plus a great young defence they will only get better

Paranoidmoonduck
12-24-2006, 04:32 PM
might get a better deal, and will have a chance to have his qb from college, plus a great young defence they will only get better

He won't get a better deal. Al allegedly offered him a monster contract (something like 5 years at 6 mil a year). I was thinking that a stand up defense would tempt Petrino since all he would have to focus on was the offense.

Windy
12-24-2006, 06:13 PM
We need to sign a decent FA WR. Curry is a great target but after that its just average.

I wouldnt mind signing Drew Bennett. He will most likely be available, He's from the Bay Area.

Crow
12-24-2006, 08:20 PM

He won't get a better deal. Al allegedly offered him a monster contract (something like 5 years at 6 mil a year). I was thinking that a stand up defense would tempt Petrino since all he would have to focus on was the offense.

The way I hear it, from a pretty good source, is that Al was only offering a 2 year deal. Petrino wouldn't sign for any less than 3 years.

Mindblowing to me that something so trivial would leave us stuck with this moron Art Shell.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-24-2006, 10:58 PM

The way I hear it, from a pretty good source, is that Al was only offering a 2 year deal. Petrino wouldn't sign for any less than 3 years.

Mindblowing to me that something so trivial would leave us stuck with this moron Art Shell. :evil:

RaiderNation
12-25-2006, 12:05 AM

Mindblowing to me that something so trivial would leave us stuck with this moron Art Shell. :evil:

al would have a long deal offered than just 2 years, i think

slightlyaraiderfan
12-25-2006, 12:06 AM
That's a nice jersey transfer, too bad we aren't drafting him. :wink:

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-25-2006, 12:08 AM
Colt Brennan was awesome tonight.
33-42 549 yards 5 Tds 1 Int.

RaiderNation
12-25-2006, 12:12 AM
what round will he go in????

Xonraider
12-25-2006, 02:19 AM
After the watching the game, you guys really aren't that terrible. Your defense can bring it.

Your offense is awful, but what kills the team is the *********** turnovers. If you guys at least didn't turn it over, you can reduce the Chiefs score in half easily and the game is really close. I really don't think you guys are THAT far away from being a 7-9/8-8 team in a few years to come. If the defense can force some turnovers, then WOW, what a unit that will be.

You're smart for noticing that. I'm serious.

King Rhabuf
12-25-2006, 11:11 AM

Your offense is awful, but what kills the team is the *********** turnovers. If you guys at least didn't turn it over, you can reduce the Chiefs score in half easily and the game is really close. I really don't think you guys are THAT far away from being a 7-9/8-8 team in a few years to come. If the defense can force some turnovers, then WOW, what a unit that will be.

You're smart for noticing that. I'm serious.

:wink:

i like to follow all the bad teams and root for them

Crow
12-25-2006, 03:49 PM

Based on what, pray tell?

Crow
12-25-2006, 03:51 PM

2nd day, probably. Character issues, stats inflated from a gimmicky offense...generally not the stuff that pro QBs are made of.

12-25-2006, 03:56 PM

2nd day, probably. Character issues, stats inflated from a gimmicky offense...generally not the stuff that pro QBs are made of.

Character issues? What character issues?

And Hawaii's offense does inflate stats, but if you watch Brennan play, he looks like a future pro stud. His accuracy is spot on and he has good arm strength. He is easily a 1st day guy, probably round two just because of the lack of need at QB.

Paranoidmoonduck
12-25-2006, 04:07 PM

He was caught drunk and unwanted in a girls dormroom.

12-25-2006, 04:08 PM

That's bad. But I doubt NFL teams would drop him much for that. He's just partying, not doing drugs or shooting people.

Paranoidmoonduck
12-25-2006, 04:10 PM

That's bad. But I doubt NFL teams would drop him much for that. He's just partying, not doing drugs or shooting people.

I really doubt he would have gone 1st round anyway, even after an impressive off-season performance. He's fighting an uphill battle, coming out of his offense, and he is going to have skeptics. I say he goes in the 1st half of the 2nd.

Xonraider
12-25-2006, 11:59 PM
I'm really starting to think Davis is in the hospital.

Paranoidmoonduck
12-26-2006, 12:04 AM

I wouldn't just cite the fact that he wasn't shown in his owner's box during the Saturday's game. Networks have stopped showing him the last half of the season because he is looking worse and worse, and appears to be in physical pain.

I just hope he is doing okay.

Xonraider
12-26-2006, 12:13 AM

I wouldn't just cite the fact that he wasn't shown in his owner's box during the Saturday's game. Networks have stopped showing him the last half of the season because he is looking worse and worse, and appears to be in physical pain.

It's not only that. IN "Run Run" Jones' funeral, Davis was supposed to speak, but he didn't. I know it sounds silly, but it could mean something.

Paranoidmoonduck
12-26-2006, 12:21 AM

It's not only that. IN "Run Run" Jones' funeral, Davis was supposed to speak, but he didn't. I know it sounds silly, but it could mean something.

Once again, I think that would be more due to a continuous state of pain and sickness rather than something dramatic.

Maybe that's just what I'd like to believe :(

RaiderNation
12-26-2006, 12:52 AM
i really hope al is doing alright. if something goes wrong with him,our franchise might go down and move back to LA :( :( :(

also, since we r probably getting rid or either or both moss and porter, i found 3 good wr's to go along curry. Drew Bennett, Ashley Lelie and Kevin Curtis r the top 3 wr avalible in FA.

if we go with CJ, we probably wont pick one of them up, but if we go with, quinn or AD, we better pick one of them up, i want curtis the most because of his speed and good hands

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-26-2006, 01:36 AM
Id never take Lelie the guy has underachiever written all over him.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-26-2006, 01:47 AM
hope Al gets better.

RaiderNation
12-26-2006, 01:47 AM
thats why i think curtis is a better fit.

RaiderNation
12-26-2006, 02:32 AM
Marcus Robinson got cut by the vikings too. he a pretty good wr.

also, if we get into a west coast offence, we better pick up jeff garcia. philly migh want to trade him to get value, since mcnabb wnats to return early i think. look what hes done. gotten philly from going into the top 10 picks to a playoff birth and possibly a division title

bernbabybern820
12-26-2006, 01:28 PM
Marcus Robinson got cut by the vikings too. he a pretty good wr.

also, if we get into a west coast offence, we better pick up jeff garcia. philly migh want to trade him to get value, since mcnabb wnats to return early i think. look what hes done. gotten philly from going into the top 10 picks to a playoff birth and possibly a division title

garcia is staying in philly. he has stated he would rather be with a winner at this point of his career.

Crow
12-26-2006, 02:04 PM
Marcus Robinson and Ashley Lelie are junk. Kevin Curtis, on the other hand...I like that guy. Fast as hell with great hands.

Xonraider
12-26-2006, 02:17 PM
Marcus Robinson and Ashley Lelie are junk. Kevin Curtis, on the other hand...I like that guy. Fast as hell with great hands.

I'd rather have Bennett.

RaiderNation
12-26-2006, 02:43 PM

I'd rather have Bennett.

bennett doesnt have that good of speed

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-26-2006, 03:05 PM

I'd rather have Bennett.

bennett doesnt have that good of speedall he needs to do is catch the ball.
something our other WRs cant.

Xonraider
12-26-2006, 03:19 PM

I'd rather have Bennett.

bennett doesnt have that good of speed

He's a proven #1 WR, we can have Curry at #2 and Morant at #3.

jmanz
12-26-2006, 06:19 PM
I'd take Bennett on this team in a heart beat.

Crow
12-26-2006, 07:48 PM

I'd rather have Bennett.

bennett doesnt have that good of speedall he needs to do is catch the ball.
something our other WRs cant.
Bingo.

Still, be it Bennett or be it Curtis, Curry would clearly be the #1 guy. Bennett is a proven receiver, but not really a proven #1.

RaiderNation
12-26-2006, 09:03 PM
how many draft picks do we have this year? i think we got two 3rd picks. what about the other 1's?

also this is my mock draft

1 Brady quinn QB
2 amobi okoye DT ( depends if alan branch comes out, if he doesnt he will be a 1st rounder)
3a steve smith WR
3b best olinemen avalible

DHVF
12-26-2006, 09:09 PM
Marcus Robinson and Ashley Lelie are junk. Kevin Curtis, on the other hand...I like that guy. Fast as hell with great hands.Marcus Robinson most definitely isn't junk. He was most definitely the best WR on our team this past year (I know that's not saying much) and was really our only dependable receiving target. The only reason why he got cut, was because Childress is an arrogant prick.

bernbabybern820
12-27-2006, 11:58 AM
how many draft picks do we have this year? i think we got two 3rd picks. what about the other 1's?

1 Brady quinn QB
2 amobi okoye DT ( depends if alan branch comes out, if he doesnt he will be a 1st rounder)
3a steve smith WR
3b best olinemen avalible\

we will also be trading jerry porter and probably randy moss.

RaiderNation
12-27-2006, 01:38 PM

1 Brady quinn QB
3a steve smith WR

so we might getanother 3rd rounder for porter and possibly a late 1st or 2nd for moss right?

DHVF
12-27-2006, 01:49 PM

1 Brady quinn QB
3a steve smith WR

so we might getanother 3rd rounder for porter and possibly a late 1st or 2nd for moss right?From what I've heard, you guys will only be getting a 3rd for Moss.

Xonraider
12-27-2006, 01:58 PM

1 Brady quinn QB
3a steve smith WR

so we might getanother 3rd rounder for porter and possibly a late 1st or 2nd for moss right?From what I've heard, you guys will only be getting a 3rd for Moss.

More like a 2nd rounder.

Windy
12-27-2006, 02:57 PM

1 Brady quinn QB
3a steve smith WR

Yea i saw the article online. They said Moss to Vikings for 3rd.

Also we will get extra 3rd for compensation (charles woodson)

so realistically we could have 3 third round picks. Also remember just a few years ago Al Davis traded into the first round to get Fabian Washington. So if he sees someone in the late first he likes it's a possibility he could trade up.

RaiderNation
12-27-2006, 03:04 PM

1 Brady quinn QB
3a steve smith WR

Yea i saw the article online. They said Moss to Vikings for 3rd.

Also we will get extra 3rd for compensation (charles woodson)

so realistically we could have 3 third round picks. Also remember just a few years ago Al Davis traded into the first round to get Fabian Washington. So if he sees someone in the late first he likes it's a possibility he could trade up.

if we take CJ or AD with our first pick, i can see al trading up to the late first rounds to get brohm if he decides to come out. mayb even troy smith too

Crow
12-27-2006, 06:40 PM
Never happen.

We may trade back up into the late first, but it won't be for a QB. You can bank on that.

1 Brady quinn QB
3a steve smith WR

so we might getanother 3rd rounder for porter and possibly a late 1st or 2nd for moss right?

Not a chance in hell. No.

Also, that mock would make me sick if it came to be. Okoya, I like. You can keep the other guys, though.

RaiderNation
12-27-2006, 11:08 PM
if brohm says in school this year and so does russell, i would want to draft AD or CJ. but if both come put id want quinn cuz there wouldnt be any good qb's that i know of in next years draft

Paranoidmoonduck
12-28-2006, 01:15 AM
if brohm says in school this year and so does russell, i would want to draft AD or CJ. but if both come put id want quinn cuz there wouldnt be any good qb's that i know of in next years draft

Well, I think that I might like Henne more than I like Quinn.

RaiderNation
12-28-2006, 01:24 AM
is he a soph?

iworshipbender
12-28-2006, 01:28 AM
henne is a junior

D4rk 0ne
12-28-2006, 03:15 AM
I don't think Henne will even be a first rounder, definitely not on Quinn's level.

rickscott
12-28-2006, 03:39 AM
Would you have any interest in Chris Henry from the Bengals for a #3 pick? I am wondering if Marvin Lewis makes a point with Henry and unloads him since we've had some problems. He is a superstar in the making if he matures a little. We have 2 good receivers on IR so I think we may actually look to do a deal like this

Paranoidmoonduck
12-28-2006, 03:58 AM
I don't think Henne will even be a first rounder, definitely not on Quinn's level.

Many scouts feel that Henne is a more consistent QB than Quinn is. Depending on who comes out and such, he is almost certainly going to be a top 3 QB, and could be the first selected.

RaiderNation
12-28-2006, 03:29 PM
Would you have any interest in Chris Henry from the Bengals for a #3 pick? I am wondering if Marvin Lewis makes a point with Henry and unloads him since we've had some problems. He is a superstar in the making if he matures a little. We have 2 good receivers on IR so I think we may actually look to do a deal like this

if we dont get CJ id want henry. good speed and can jump. only 24 i think. him and curry would be a good combo

Windy
12-28-2006, 03:32 PM
i'd take brohm over henne

jmanz
12-28-2006, 06:17 PM

Henry is a good talent but i don't know if i want another character issue guy on this team.

RaiderNation
12-28-2006, 06:52 PM
hes not as bad as moss and porter were. hes been great since when he got arrested... i think

Windy
12-28-2006, 08:17 PM
First Year Starting QB Ratings (7 Games or More)

Eli Manning- 55.4
Alex Smith- 40.8
Donovan McNabb- 60.1
David Carr- 62.8
Andrew Walter- 55.8

keep in mind that Walter has played with the one of the worst offensive lines in history, a guy who owns a bed and breakfast calling the plays and Alvis Whitted as a starting WR.

The only real solid players he had this year were Fargas and Curry.

Crow
12-28-2006, 09:43 PM
hes been great since when he got arrested... i think

*sigh*

Just say no to diva/idiot WRs.

jmanz
12-28-2006, 11:18 PM
hes been great since when he got arrested... i think

*sigh*

Just say no to diva/idiot WRs.

good motto

Spectre
12-29-2006, 12:57 AM

Eli Manning- 55.4
Alex Smith- 40.8
Donovan McNabb- 60.1
David Carr- 62.8
Andrew Walter- 55.8

Just browsing, but also consider that every single one of those quarterbacks was thrust into the role as a rookie with little to no preparation, whereas Walter had an entire year on the bench to learn. I am stunned that Raider fans are trying to justify Walter as an NFL starting QB after how he's looked this year, especially given that he had a year to digest things.

Do you really think that Walter is the future (because he looks like nothing remotely close), or are Raider fans in general just looking for excuses not to take a franchise QB in this year's draft?

slightlyaraiderfan
12-29-2006, 01:52 AM

Eli Manning- 55.4
Alex Smith- 40.8
Donovan McNabb- 60.1
David Carr- 62.8
Andrew Walter- 55.8

Just browsing, but also consider that every single one of those quarterbacks was thrust into the role as a rookie with little to no preparation, whereas Walter had an entire year on the bench to learn. I am stunned that Raider fans are trying to justify Walter as an NFL starting QB after how he's looked this year, especially given that he had a year to digest things.

Do you really think that Walter is the future (because he looks like nothing remotely close), or are Raider fans in general just looking for excuses not to take a franchise QB in this year's draft?
Sit and learn Norv Turners offense, then the next year has a ****** as a OC...that's a good way to bring up a young QB. Not too mention he was behind the worst OL of all time, no protection at all. In his limited time as a QB, he's been sacked 40 + times.

RaiderNation
12-29-2006, 01:56 AM

Eli Manning- 55.4
Alex Smith- 40.8
Donovan McNabb- 60.1
David Carr- 62.8
Andrew Walter- 55.8

Sit and learn Norv Turners offense, then the next year has a nice guy as a OC...that's a good way to bring up a young QB. Not too mention he was behind the worst OL of all time, no protection at all. In his limited time as a QB, he's been sacked 40 + times.

i dont consider him as our future, but i still think he is a alright qb. he's done as good as he could behind the worst OL ever

slightlyaraiderfan
12-29-2006, 01:58 AM
Teams can win with an "alright" QB, you don't need an franchise quarterback to win in this league.

iworshipbender
12-29-2006, 02:15 AM
look at pittsburgh :lol:

Spectre
12-29-2006, 02:20 AM
Teams can win with an "alright" QB, you don't need an franchise quarterback to win in this league.

It's possible, but you guys aren't exactly constructed to be a team that can survive without a good passer given that over the past three years, the Raiders have been one of the most pass-heavy teams in the NFL. Unless you plan on completely shifting your philosophy, I don't see how Walter is an acceptable option, especially given how miserable he's looked.

I know his circumstances with the offensive line, wide receiver meltdown and Jordan's injury made things difficult, but that's no excuse for Day One draft pick who sat for a year to put up the NFL worst QB rating for a player taking the majority of snaps for his team. Even Gradkowski, a 6th round pick starting in his first year (who stunk so bad he was benched for Tim Rattay), posted a QB rating 10 points higher.

slightlyaraiderfan
12-29-2006, 02:36 AM
You have no idea how dismal his situation was.

Spectre
12-29-2006, 02:52 AM
You have no idea how dismal his situation was.

I'm a Browns fan... try again. :P

The bottom line is that you can write some of his problems on his situation, but a 55.0 QB rating is embarrassing. I just don't see how you can be even "OK" with Walter as your quarterback going into next year, when most teams would be panicking. From the few Raiders games I caught when Walter played, he looked positively horrendous. The guy has arm strength, but quite literally, that's the only positive I've seen from Walter in the games I've watched of his.

LookItsAlDavis
12-29-2006, 03:03 AM
Put Carson Palmer's or Chad Pennington's first starts passer ratings up there and see how they compare, since they had time before they started. Hey, even put Phillip Rivers up there. It's a better comparison.

Spectre
12-29-2006, 03:07 AM
Put Carson Palmer's or Chad Pennington's first starts passer ratings up there and see how they compare, since they had time before they started. Hey, even put Phillip Rivers up there. It's a better comparison.

Could even put Jason Campbell up there and he makes Walter look bad.

Carson Palmer - 77.3
Chad Pennington - 104.2
Philip Rivers - 90.5
Jason Campbell - 73.0

slightlyaraiderfan
12-29-2006, 04:02 AM

Could even put Jason Campbell up there and he makes Walter look bad.

Carson Palmer - 77.3
Chad Pennington - 104.2
Philip Rivers - 90.5
Jason Campbell - 73.0
I wish Andrew would have had an opportunity to get his shot in those offenses. Olines that protect and block or...receivers that can run their routes and actually catch??? Wow. And best of all, OC's that know what the hell they're doing...not some random dude who was plucked from a bed and breakfast. That still makes me laugh.

King Rhabuf
12-29-2006, 10:55 AM
Walter is a decent qb. He has a nice arm. His development has really been hurt by a poor offensive line, and his tendency to fumble the ball a lot. In the Chiefs game he looked very good at times. If he could hold onto the ball he might be decent someday.

Paranoidmoonduck
12-29-2006, 12:44 PM

Try again. Walter didn't even practice in 2005 until week 14, or thereabouts. He was injured in pre-season and spent almost the whole season rehabbing. Add in the fact that the Raiders were worse this year than either Eli's Giants or Smith's Niners (not by a lot, but by enough), and I think Walter deserves some slack.

I'm not saying he's gonna be a superstar, but if you think you can properly judge any quarterback under those situations then you're delusional.