PDA

View Full Version : Oakland Raiders Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Windy
12-29-2006, 02:37 PM
I know we wont but I wish we could trade down a bit and take Lynch or Branch.

RaiderNation
12-29-2006, 02:43 PM

we wont need branch because omobi okoye will be their in the 2nd. AD will be better than lynch. he's faster and stronger

NIN1984
12-29-2006, 03:28 PM
I don’t have a clue what Al Davis is gonna do this off season I just can’t see Walter being the starter going into the season if Raiders don’t trade for Leftwich or Schaub or draft a QB this means we will enter the season with yet another old washed QB wasting another year

jmanz
12-29-2006, 03:33 PM
I don’t have a clue what Al Davis is gonna do this off season I just can’t see Walter being the starter going into the season if Raiders don’t trade for Leftwich or Schaub or draft a QB this means we will enter the season with yet another old washed QB wasting another year

Buckle your seat belts this offseason, might be an interesting ride.

Paranoidmoonduck
12-29-2006, 03:38 PM

I wouldn't count out Branch. He is going to have a very impressive combine, and with Oakland likely picking 2nd, it could very well be the pick. It isn't like Davis is afraid to pass up great skill players for great linemen.

Xonraider
12-29-2006, 03:48 PM

This is one of the most mysterious offseasons the Raiders will have that I can remember.

RaiderNation
12-29-2006, 03:55 PM
MY IDEAL OFFSEASON

pick up Tony Gonzalez TE or Eric Johnson TE. get kevin curtisWR. get Leonard Davis and put him at either LT or LG. id want him at LG and gallery at LT. i think that would be a great side to run on and good pass protection. and if he is in the market and we have money get Dwight Freeney DE. have him and burgess rushing the passer would make our defence even better than what it is right now.

draft
1st round either brady quinnQB,CJ WR,AD RB,orBranchDT
2nd round either amobi okoyeDT,joe staley OT, michael bush RB or troy smith QB
3rd rounder steve smith WR, kevin kolb QB, or ryan harris OT

trades, try to get michael vick, matt schaub and possibly mcnabb

trade/release moss, jordon and porter.

Space Ghost
12-29-2006, 04:39 PM
MY IDEAL OFFSEASON

pick up Tony Gonzalez TE or Eric Johnson TE. get kevin curtisWR. get Leonard Davis and put him at either LT or LG. id want him at LG and gallery at LT. i think that would be a great side to run on and good pass protection. and if he is in the market and we have money get Dwight Freeney DE. have him and burgess rushing the passer would make our defence even better than what it is right now.

draft

Good luck.

RaiderNation
12-29-2006, 06:41 PM
MY IDEAL OFFSEASON

draft

Good luck.

getting rid of moss,jordon and porter would free up alot of space, thats why i think we would be able to get all these people

12-29-2006, 07:38 PM
Freeney isn't leaving Indy, don't get your hopes up. :roll:

D4rk 0ne
12-29-2006, 07:48 PM
What do we do if Detroit takes Quinn? I'm guessing we take CJ but what about QB? Do we try to find a trade or pick up a 2nd rounder, or stick with Walter? The FA situation is not very good at QB... I think we HAVE to remodel our O-Line but there is so much skill position talent and I don't want another Gallery...

Crow
12-29-2006, 07:58 PM

we wont need branch because omobi okoye will be their in the 2nd. AD will be better than lynch. he's faster and stronger

After the combine, Okoye will probably be a lock for the top 15 or fall out of day 1 altogether.

Branch is the much safer bet and the superior player. If we can trade down and land that giant, we'll be a much better team for it.

Crow
12-29-2006, 08:03 PM
What do we do if Detroit takes Quinn? I'm guessing we take CJ but what about QB? Do we try to find a trade or pick up a 2nd rounder, or stick with Walter? The FA situation is not very good at QB... I think we HAVE to remodel our O-Line but there is so much skill position talent and I don't want another Gallery...

I think it goes without saying that we stick with Walter. We'll bring in a guy like Tim Rattay, and either draft a guy late to fill the #3 hole, sign some scrub, or restructure Brooks. I really, really hope we don't keep brooks.

The O-line FAs are pretty decent. If we offer up more coin than anyone else, we may actually convince one to come here.

Still, a real O-line coach would do wonders for the guys we already have.

cheesehead10790
12-29-2006, 08:04 PM
MY IDEAL OFFSEASON

draft

Good luck.

getting rid of moss,jordon and porter would free up alot of space, thats why i think we would be able to get all these people

Vick and McNabb will stay in Atlanta and Philly for their entire careers.

Moss and Porter should be good trade bait but I dont see a problem with Jordan. He didnt have much help from the O-line this season.

BTW how much cap room does Oakland have as of now?

Crow
12-29-2006, 08:12 PM
Roughly 14 mill, once the cap jumps up in the offseason.

Brooks, Sims, and Jordan are all due roster bonuses, and I don't think any of them get it.

Moving Moss and Porter will be a hit, but we'll still come out ahead in terms of cap space.

We'll probably end up with around 20 mill in cap space just by clipping guys we don't have any use of anyway.

That sounds wild, but there's a couple teams heading into next year looking at 30+ mill without making a single move.

King Rhabuf
12-29-2006, 08:41 PM

I wouldnt be so sure about Okoye. This draft is very top heavy, and someone like him could go in the first easily.

Paranoidmoonduck
12-30-2006, 12:19 AM
Due to Okoye's age I'd say that he's a lock to go first round. Teams are going to fall in love with what he could be.

RaiderNation
12-30-2006, 01:46 AM
say detriot doesnt pick quinn and picks jo thomas. would we trade our pick to say cleveland and they take quinn. could we also pick up a 2nd rounder too with that? then we pick either CJ or AD with the 3rd overal. also i think the vikings r wanting moss back, so we trade him for a 2nd rounder and release porter or trading him for a 3rd rounder.

cheesehead10790
12-30-2006, 02:22 AM
say detriot doesnt pick quinn and picks jo thomas. would we trade our pick to say cleveland and they take quinn. could we also pick up a 2nd rounder too with that? then we pick either CJ or AD with the 3rd overal. also i think the vikings r wanting moss back, so we trade him for a 2nd rounder and release porter or trading him for a 3rd rounder.

I cant see the Vikes taking back Moss.

And, why would Cleveland need Quinn?

nobodyinparticular
12-30-2006, 02:28 AM

It's pretty safe to say that yes, we would pick up a second rounder if we traded back to #3. Anyone have the specifics on what San Diego gave up for Ryan Leaf at #2 (moving up just 1 spot) way back when?

Xonraider
12-30-2006, 11:26 AM
I had a dream in which we trqaded back to the 31st spot, I dont know what we received though.

jmanz
12-30-2006, 11:54 AM

It's pretty safe to say that yes, we would pick up a second rounder if we traded back to #3. Anyone have the specifics on what San Diego gave up for Ryan Leaf at #2 (moving up just 1 spot) way back when?

The San Diego Chargers had the third pick of the draft but made a trade with the Arizona Cardinals to guarantee the Chargers would get one of the two quarterbacks. To move up one spot, the Chargers traded two first-round picks, a second-round pick and four-time Pro Bowler Eric Metcalf. Props to wikipedia for the info.

RaiderNation
12-30-2006, 01:04 PM

I cant see the Vikes taking back Moss.

And, why would Cleveland need Quinn?

cleveland is in need for a qb. frye isnt their future and the anderson guy isnt good.

i looked at the some of the vikings fan people on here and they say that they want him back

Windy
12-30-2006, 01:26 PM
The Vikings are interested in Moss. I read an online article from the minnesota paper saying the Raiders would take a third. I'll see if I can get the link.

Xonraider
12-30-2006, 01:42 PM
I had a dream in which we trqaded back to the 31st spot, I dont know what we received though.

Actually, I dont know if we traded back, I just know we had it.

Windy
12-30-2006, 03:37 PM
Mangini was almost a Raider.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_4924559

RaiderNation
12-30-2006, 04:48 PM
i wonder how much better we woukd be if he was our coach. mayb a win or 2 more

nobodyinparticular
12-30-2006, 06:25 PM

Considering it would mean that Tom Walsh would not be our offensive coordinator, I would say Mangini might have meant a lot more than a win or two.

Xonraider
12-30-2006, 10:00 PM

We're talking 5-7 more wins.

Windy
12-30-2006, 10:30 PM
We will probably take a qb in this draft. I'm guessing rounds 3-5. Tui gone and most likely Brooks.

D4rk 0ne
12-30-2006, 10:36 PM
I honestly wouldn't mind Trent Edwards if we could get him in the third. IMO he will be a good QB and it's not his fault Stanford sucks.

Windy
12-30-2006, 10:43 PM
Yea he is a great athlete. If Colt Brennan declares which looks more realistic as of late I wouldnt mind him in the third if he's there.

My List of Potential Qb's in 3rd-5th Range:

Colt Brennan
Trent Edwards
Kevin Kolb
John Beck

It's a realistic possibility for us to have 3 3rd round picks.

Moss Trade
Woodson Comp
Regular Selection

Paranoidmoonduck
12-30-2006, 11:23 PM
Jordan Palmer would have to be an option too. He's the kind of QB Al loves: big, huge arm, great deep ball, etc.

jmanz
12-31-2006, 12:05 PM
gameday boys, lets break some hearts.

jmanz
12-31-2006, 12:31 PM
Fargas is playing hard as usual.

DHVF
12-31-2006, 12:31 PM
gameday boys, lets break some hearts.You want the raiders to win?

Crow
12-31-2006, 12:34 PM
What kind of fan doesn't want his team to win?

Raiders
12-31-2006, 12:36 PM
If Colt Brennan decides to declare for the NFL Draft I'd like to see him play for the Raiders.

DHVF
12-31-2006, 12:39 PM
What kind of fan doesn't want his team to win?A fan that wants the best for the future of his franchise

GB12
12-31-2006, 12:43 PM
What kind of fan doesn't want his team to win?A fan that wants the best for the future of his franchise

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IMk5sMHj58I

jmanz
12-31-2006, 12:56 PM
I just don't have it in me to want the raiders to lose. Sure you get a higher draft pick but that doesn't always mean everything either.

DHVF
12-31-2006, 01:00 PM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IMk5sMHj58IScrew that.

GB12
12-31-2006, 01:04 PM
Would the Raiders take Quinn anyway? The Lions almost certainly will so they can still get who they want.

jmanz
12-31-2006, 01:06 PM
Would the Raiders take Quinn anyway? The Lions almost certainly will so they can still get who they want.

my thoughts exactly

Crow
12-31-2006, 01:11 PM
Yes, because clearly losing breeds winning.

We're not drafting Quinn, man. Get that sh/t out of here.

Windy
12-31-2006, 01:19 PM
Fargas is lookin really good.

nobodyinparticular
12-31-2006, 01:24 PM
Yes, because clearly losing breeds winning.

We're not drafting Quinn, man. Get that sh/t out of here.

Thank you very much Crow.

jmanz
12-31-2006, 01:24 PM
Fargas is lookin really good.

yeah he is, he deserves all the PT from his efforts this year.

RaiderNation
12-31-2006, 02:21 PM
looks like we r gonna get the 1st pick. why is brooks still in the game???? right as i said that he threw a int lol

Windy
12-31-2006, 02:24 PM
why is brooks playing still? this is so stupid.

put walter in or something. i really do not see the point of not having walter in.

locseti
12-31-2006, 02:25 PM
looks like we r gonna get the 1st pick. why is brooks still in the game???? right as i said that he threw a int lol

That's what I want to know, what a bum. Brooks and Shell.

Im dying a little inside.

Our defense cant be on the field the whole game. DId anyone else like the stat "3 pt avg in the 2nd half" ?

Windy
12-31-2006, 02:28 PM
since we will probably have the #1 pick now, mostly all mock drafts everywhere will have us taking brady quinn.

RaiderNation
12-31-2006, 02:30 PM
since we will probably have the #1 pick now, mostly all mock drafts everywhere will have us taking brady quinn.

good. he will be better than brooks and walter.

jmanz
12-31-2006, 02:34 PM
lots of game left though with the lions vs cowboys.....they haven't won anything yet.

Xonraider
12-31-2006, 02:34 PM

good. he will be better than brooks and walter.

I wouldn't be mad with that...

locseti
12-31-2006, 02:41 PM
If the Lions lose will we still have the number one pick? Wasn't our schedule harder?

RaiderNation
12-31-2006, 02:43 PM
If the Lions lose will we still have the number one pick? Wasn't our schedule harder?

they will have 3 wins. we will have 2wins. so the schedule doesnt matter

D4rk 0ne
12-31-2006, 02:46 PM
As of now, we would be #2 with a Lions loss. However, I don't know how much that can change based on other games (eg every team that beat the lions beat every team that beat us this week)...

Is it wrong to want the Lions to win? I mean it's not like I'm rooting against the Raiders... Also I gotta give Mangini and the Jets props. I didn't expect this team to make the playoffs.

If we got the number 1 overall, what if we traded down to number 4 overall? Based on what the Chargers gave to get Leaf a few years ago, we could get a TON of value by dropping three spots and still have a shot at either AD, Quinn, CJ, or Thomas.

Paranoidmoonduck
12-31-2006, 02:48 PM
The Lions/Cowboys game is far from over, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Xonraider
12-31-2006, 02:49 PM

they will have 3 wins. we will have 2wins. so the schedule doesnt matter

He said if the Lions LOST

D4rk 0ne
12-31-2006, 02:50 PM
Yeah. Anyone remember that niners game where they came back 21 in the last 2 minutes?

Whoa! that was insane. Fumble in the endzone picked up by Romo, throws it as he's hit and it's still caught for a first down?! If Detroit had got the safety there, that would have been huge...

Oh and 2 plays later TD TO!

RaiderNation
12-31-2006, 02:50 PM
As of now, we would be #2 with a Lions loss. However, I don't know how much that can change based on other games (eg every team that beat the lions beat every team that beat us this week)...

Is it wrong to want the Lions to win? I mean it's not like I'm rooting against the Raiders... Also I gotta give Mangini and the Jets props. I didn't expect this team to make the playoffs.

If we got the number 1 overall, what if we traded down to number 4 overall? Based on what the Chargers gave to get Leaf a few years ago, we could get a TON of value by dropping three spots and still have a shot at either AD, Quinn, CJ, or Thomas.

i'd take branch over thomas as of right now

RaiderNation
12-31-2006, 02:52 PM
mayb we will have the 2nd pick. cowboys just scored

D4rk 0ne
12-31-2006, 02:53 PM

Yeah I probably would too actually. Would you go down to 5-7 overall if we could? Because I think most teams have those 4 as the top 4 prospects and Branch maybe isn't top 5 for a lot of teams.

I'm trying to watch the Lions game and the UNC game, plus I was watching th Raiders game too. Insane. :shock:

jmanz
12-31-2006, 02:56 PM
damn cowboys.....come on lions, lets drive the field again.

RaiderNation
12-31-2006, 02:56 PM

Yeah I probably would too actually. Would you go down to 5-7 overall if we could? Because I think most teams have those 4 as the top 4 prospects and Branch maybe isn't top 5 for a lot of teams.

I'm trying to watch the Lions game and the UNC game, plus I was watching th Raiders game too. Insane. :shock:

i would if we get more value. like mayb a 2nd and a 3rd i would

D4rk 0ne
12-31-2006, 02:58 PM

The Chargers gave up something like their first, second, third, and a 4-time pro bowler to move up one spot. I'm sure we could get a ton of value for our number 1...

Ooh nice catch by Williams... Lions in FG range.

RaiderNation
12-31-2006, 02:59 PM

The Chargers gave up something like their first, second, third, and a 4-time pro bowler to move up one spot. I'm sure we could get a ton of value for our number 1...

Ooh nice catch by Williams...

ya great catch. what team would trade up you think? mayb the bucs so they could get CJ. or browns to get AD

jmanz
12-31-2006, 03:00 PM
i hope they kill some of that clock now too...and score a td of course.

RaiderNation
12-31-2006, 03:01 PM
YYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! TD!!!!!! good that mike williams got it. i think the lions want to trade him too. id want him

D4rk 0ne
12-31-2006, 03:02 PM
TD Lions. Dallas' secondary is getting manhandled.

I don't really know who would trade up because I don't know too much about coaches' tendencies or what they will do to get what they want.

Xonraider
12-31-2006, 03:02 PM
YYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! TD!!!!!! good that mike williams got it. i think the lions want to trade him too. id want him

He stinks :?

D4rk 0ne
12-31-2006, 03:03 PM
Let's see what Dallas is gonna do.

D4rk 0ne
12-31-2006, 03:04 PM
FUMBLE!! DETROIT BALL!

Xonraider
12-31-2006, 03:04 PM
Let's see what Dallas is gonna do.

Choke

D4rk 0ne
12-31-2006, 03:05 PM
4 minutes left, Detroit needs to chew outr the clock and score.. They are at the 10 so scoring shouldn't be a problem. Make it a 2 possession game even with a FG. Looks like the odds are against Dallas.

D4rk 0ne
12-31-2006, 03:07 PM
Ugh the classic "No posts exist for this topic" :x

Dallas has 1 Time Out left... Down by 8 which means 2point conversion for Dallas (if they can score).

jmanz
12-31-2006, 03:07 PM
man the Lions came to play today!!

RaiderNation
12-31-2006, 03:09 PM
sweet there up by 8. first pick is gonna be ours :)

D4rk 0ne
12-31-2006, 03:09 PM
Not over yet. TD + 2point conversion = tie game.

D4rk 0ne
12-31-2006, 03:10 PM
NOOO It took the game away WTF?!?!?!?

D4rk 0ne
12-31-2006, 03:12 PM
Lol did anyone see the end of the Bengals-Steelers game? That's great... :lol:

RaiderNation
12-31-2006, 03:14 PM
Lol did anyone see the end of the Bengals-Steelers game? That's great... :lol:

yup missed FG. now its OT

nobodyinparticular
12-31-2006, 03:14 PM

I was thinking the same thing. I'm really hoping for a 'Boys loss.

D4rk 0ne
12-31-2006, 03:15 PM

Stupid Niners... :(

Now I'm using the NFL.com gamecenter. Cowboys are driving, minute and a half left inside Detroit 30.

jmanz
12-31-2006, 03:16 PM

Stupid Niners... :(

Now I'm using the NFL.com gamecenter.

same here.

D4rk 0ne
12-31-2006, 03:21 PM
4th down for Dallas at the Lions 6.

EDIT: If the NFL GameCenter can be trusted, Dallas stopped on 4th and 6, Detroit ball.

jmanz
12-31-2006, 03:23 PM
Lions Ball!!!!

D4rk 0ne
12-31-2006, 03:23 PM
We have the number 1 pick boys.

RaiderNation
12-31-2006, 03:24 PM
we got the 1st pick:)

jmanz
12-31-2006, 03:25 PM
here we go, this board will be happening for the next 4 months or so.

slightlyaraiderfan
12-31-2006, 03:50 PM
#1 pick..hm, let's see if we can screw this one up.

D4rk 0ne
12-31-2006, 04:03 PM
What would you guys do with #1? Take Quinn, take CJ, trade down?

What do you think we will do?

Oaktown1981
12-31-2006, 04:18 PM
Draft Brady Quinn or trade the pick for several drat picks.

locseti
12-31-2006, 04:22 PM
I say we draft a coach with the number one pick.

Windy
12-31-2006, 04:22 PM
1. Brady Quinn

2. Kenny Irons

3. Steve Smith

3. (Woodson Comp) Brandon Mebane

raidersfanxxx
12-31-2006, 04:45 PM
i have never been so stoked on a raider loss

12-31-2006, 04:47 PM
Viking fan here....envious of your teams chance to get a #1 Qb.

just 1 question.. Most NFL scouts have rated Brian Brohm either on the
same level or ahead of Quinn...

Does Raider nation want Quinn ? or Would Brohm be fine as well?

Paranoidmoonduck
12-31-2006, 05:01 PM
Let's break down how all our options would fit on this team.

Brady Quinn
Major plus is that he could start from day 1, relieving us from Brooks/Walter. Has prototypical everything. Has proven he can overcome early career struggles to become very good. Sadly, does not have a great deep ball. Not really as accurate as some would lead you to believe.

Calvin Johnson
Would be a major weapon all over the field. Would immediately be starter, likely, possibly the 2nd option should Moss stay with the team. Would be terrific in the red zone. Would help draw defenders away from the line and open up the offense.

Joe Thomas
Would let Gallery shift back to RT, where he has played well in the past. Would complete the task of having a young and talented player at the every position on the line. Would probably struggle at first moving from Wisconsin's zone blocking scheme to Oakland's one-on-one scheme (should that scheme, aka Shell, stay in place).

Adrian Peterson
Would cause some complications as how to dole out the carries with Jordan and Fargas also on the depth chart. Could probably have immediate success, as Fargas has shown that a runner can gain good yardage behind our line.

Alan Branch
Would step into the NT position and allow for Sapp and Kelly to do their thing. Is a tremendous athlete who would clog up the line like no one's business. Is versatile enough for Ryan to use him many different ways. Would be a huge boost to making the run defense consistent.

Gaines Adams
Would play weakside opposite Burgess starting day 1. Like Branch, could be used in any scheme Ryan asked him to play in. Would be a major disruptor, helping an already good secondary.

JaMarcus Russell
Likely wouldn't start from Day 1, but would see action by week 6 or so. Has a tremendous deep ball for the offense Al wants to run. Makes questionable decisions and wouldn't get great protection to start his career. Perhaps too much of a project to take onto this team.

If I forgot anyone, let me know.

RaiderNation
12-31-2006, 05:14 PM
quinn would make most since to draft. heres my order that i want to draft

quinn
CJ
AD
Branch
Thomas
Russell

Windy
12-31-2006, 05:50 PM
Its hard for me to believe we will cut Lamont Jordan. With that said it's hard for me to believe we will tie up a bunch of money in one position (drafting adrian peterson).

Empire
12-31-2006, 08:26 PM
I don't now how many of you guys agree with me but I love Ruvell Martin. He's a big target with what looks like some very nice hands. I really think he could develop into a very solid receiver who will become a huge red zone target.

RaiderNation
12-31-2006, 08:33 PM
I don't now how many of you guys agree with me but I love Ruvell Martin. He's a big target with what looks like some very nice hands. I really think he could develop into a very solid receiver who will become a huge red zone target.

what round will he go in?

Xonraider
12-31-2006, 09:17 PM
It's Quinn or Peterson.

12-31-2006, 09:29 PM
As a Viking fan .... I really hope you guys (and 6 other teams) pass on
Brohm.

I'm crossing my fingers until April 29th.

raidersfanxxx
12-31-2006, 09:35 PM
if i wake up tomorrow and art is still head coach of this team im going to lose my mind. i would not be surprised to see us stick with him for another 5 games. i would say season but im pretty sure after his 0-5 start he will be replaced with rob ryan. what a joke

BuffaloDraftGeek
01-01-2007, 01:07 AM
Hey oakland fans, I dropped in to see what your opinion on the your DT sands is. How much does your front office plan on attempting to resign him, and how valuable do you consider him to your team. IMO he is the missing ingreedient in the bills DT rotation.

slightlyaraiderfan
01-01-2007, 02:22 AM
Hey oakland fans, I dropped in to see what your opinion on the your DT sands is. How much does your front office plan on attempting to resign him, and how valuable do you consider him to your team. IMO he is the missing ingreedient in the bills DT rotation.
I hope we do resign him. He shows flashes of dominance...but its hard for him to sustain that, his conditioning needs work.

Oaktown1981
01-01-2007, 02:50 AM

Sands is an ok player but almost fans from every team hope their team signs him this offseason. I think he is a good role player but I don't see him as a full time starter. But I won't be suprised if some team gives him a pretty big contract this offseason.

D4rk 0ne
01-01-2007, 02:58 AM
Sands has potential but he doesn't always play up to it. Still, I would like to hold on to him because Sapp isn't getting any younger which means we will need someone to relieve him, be it once every 3 or 4 downs or perhaps permanently... And Sands could at least be a temporary fix if it's the latter.

jmanz
01-01-2007, 10:43 AM
I as well hope we can re-sign him and also hope that Sapp sticks around. He had a heck of a year.

jmanz
01-01-2007, 01:09 PM
Calvin Johnson has been ripping it up today.....two touchdowns in the first half....should have been three but their QB badly underthrew a ball which he had to come back to grab. Think Al is watching?

RaiderNation
01-01-2007, 05:00 PM
Calvin Johnson has been ripping it up today.....two touchdowns in the first half....should have been three but their QB badly underthrew a ball which he had to come back to grab. Think Al is watching?

i hope he was. he tore it up. im debating to pick either CJ or Quinn. i think its to much of a risk for AD because he might wear out when he is like 28 from all the work he was doing at OK. i think WR is a bigger hole for us then QB because i think Walter decirves one more chance.

RaiderNation
01-01-2007, 06:45 PM
i think our only 2 options r CJ and quinn. if CJ comes out we have to pick him. if he doesnt quinn will be our guy and i hope we will get CJ next year so it could be quinn CJ and curry combo plus our 4th raned defence.

also i heard something about us trading moss for schaub. id love that trade. it would help our cap and plus get a franchise qb so we dont gotta get quinn and get CJ or if he doesnt come out AD

The Lefty
01-01-2007, 08:22 PM
I'm sorry you don't pass up Adrian Peterson, who has top 5 running back in the NFL potential. You don't draft a QB who you are so-so on. And you don't draft a WR who will only see the ball 6-10 times at the MOST.

The Raiders should draft Adrian Peterson just because he gives us the best chance to win NOW and in the FUTURE.

Windy
01-01-2007, 08:33 PM
I'm sorry you don't pass up Adrian Peterson, who has top 5 running back in the NFL potential. You don't draft a QB who you are so-so on. And you don't draft a WR who will only see the ball 6-10 times at the MOST.

The Raiders should draft Adrian Peterson just because he gives us the best chance to win NOW and in the FUTURE.

sick sig

RaiderNation
01-01-2007, 08:39 PM

sick sig

damn thats a tight sig

the thing is there hasnt been any1 like CJ come into the nfl. a 6'5 wr who runs a 4.3 or 4,4 40. can jump reakky high. in most every draft theres a good rb.

RaiderNation
01-01-2007, 09:18 PM
ALSO

u think shell is the next coach to be fired? who would replace him? and i think denny green would be a great OC is we could bring him in

d34ng3l021
01-02-2007, 01:31 AM
Hey do you think there are any chances that Rob Ryan moves laterally and takes up the DC position on the Atlanta Falcons. Or maybe he takes the head coaching job for the Falcons?

Your defense has been pretty amazing, and I the Falcons defense is pretty fast as well and maybe he might be interested?

RaiderNation
01-02-2007, 01:39 AM
Hey do you think there are any chances that Rob Ryan moves laterally and takes up the DC position on the Atlanta Falcons. Or maybe he takes the head coaching job for the Falcons?

Your defense has been pretty amazing, and I the Falcons defense is pretty fast as well and maybe he might be interested?

no chance he leaves. he will probably be our head coach when we fired art shell. he's a raider.... just take a look at him. he looks like one lol

Windy
01-02-2007, 01:58 AM
Ryan almost left for NYJ last year. I doubt he leaves but its a realistic possibility.

roidrunner
01-02-2007, 11:13 AM
so i have been wondering how one of my favorite players is doing out in Oakland, that would be thomas Howard. How did he do this year? and how do you guys think he will fair next year.

portermvp84
01-02-2007, 11:57 AM
I'm glad Ryan stayed around because he really tunred our defense around. After all the years of rebuilding on defense it finally payed off.

I like Sands what he commits to many personal fouls. I hope he resign him, because honestly no one knows how long Sapp is going to stay around.

I saw the performance Calvin Johnson had yesterday, he has true Raider potential. I really hope Al gives some consideration on drafting him, I think he would look very good in silver and black.

I do like All Day but we already invested in a back named Lamont Jordan just give him another season he got hurt, and we also had a poor o line. If we did draft AD I wouldn't be mad because he could have the potential to be the next LT or another great back.

I hope we do not draft Brady Quinn he doesn't have the raider attitude, he's more of a pretty boy. I think he was behind our o loine he would get sacked as much as Walter did he isn't as fast as everyone says he is. I think if we do take a QB it should either be Troy Smith or Chris Leak, I could easily picture one of them in silver and black.

Windy
01-02-2007, 12:56 PM
finally!

Smokey Joe
01-02-2007, 01:25 PM
Will Warren Sapp posssibly be traded this offseason?

Xonraider
01-02-2007, 01:29 PM

No. He is the leader of the team, without him the defense would collapse... again.

iloxygenil
01-02-2007, 01:38 PM

No. He is the leader of the team, without him the defense would collapse... again.
I am SO surprised to see him doing so well, it shocks me, I thought he had nothing left, but he's been just torturing QBs...I'm glad to see him do well...now that he's not in Tampa anymore =) lol.

How many years do you guys think you can get out of him now? It's a hard life down in those trenches. Oh, and I think your defense is built right, I don't think it will collapse anytime soon...just need to get an offensive line a QB and a RB and you guys are in some SERIOUS contention...those could all happen in this one off season. I think Moss stays in Oak town, Porter is gone, but Curry is looking very good. WR isn't a concern for the Raiders as far as I can tell...atleast it shouldn't be.

Smokey Joe
01-02-2007, 01:38 PM

damn... :evil: :x :cry:

Windy
01-02-2007, 03:02 PM
Raiders | Team trying to lock up Sands to extension
Tue, 2 Jan 2007 07:20:23 -0800

Steve Corkran, of the Contra Costa Times, reports the Oakland Raiders are trying to sign soon-to-be free agent DT Terdell Sands to a contract extension.

slightlyaraiderfan
01-02-2007, 03:57 PM
First good news of the off-season.

Xonraider
01-02-2007, 06:41 PM
1) Chuck Pagano has definitely left the Raiders to be the DC with North Carolina...

2) The Raiders have already decided to move Shell upstairs in part due to Al's failing health... They are aggressively persuing hiring an offensive minded head coach from the college level... they apparently have already spoken with Tedford.... They are going to try and move fast on this because the offensive coaching staff will be purged... Having the overall #1 pick is a huge selling point especailly if they are trying to get Weis or Petrino in there... The Shell info is out of NY from the same place where the Bobby Petrino information came from last year when nobody else had him as a candidate...

http://www.kffl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194234

I sure as hell hope it is Petrino. Trade back and draft Brian Brohm!

BuffaloDraftGeek
01-02-2007, 06:43 PM
Raiders | Team trying to lock up Sands to extension
Tue, 2 Jan 2007 07:20:23 -0800

Steve Corkran, of the Contra Costa Times, reports the Oakland Raiders are trying to sign soon-to-be free agent DT Terdell Sands to a contract extension.
I've heard he won't resign unless he's guarenteed more playing time.

Xonraider
01-02-2007, 06:44 PM
You're asked to play a lot quicker now in today's football than you were in the past. You just don't take five, six, seven years to play at quarterback. Most guys have to come in and be ready to play in two years, at least. That's just the nature of the game right now.

Shell's comment, they indicate a possibility of a QB. :?:

D4rk 0ne
01-02-2007, 07:58 PM
Oh man I would love for Tedford to come in. He is more of a pro-minded Coach. Look at his players, he maximizes their potential in College. Cal doesn't seem to get many top 25 recruiting classes but they are still mentioned in many polls, recently in top 10 even. I would also love for petrino or Weis, but I doubt Weis would switch (at least this year) and I'm not sure about Petrino. Or we could just move up Ryan... He is a guy that the team loves and respects which is very important for a team like ours...

slightlyaraiderfan
01-02-2007, 08:40 PM
Interesing, but all that is message board chatter right now.

RaiderNation
01-02-2007, 08:46 PM
Oh man I would love for Tedford to come in. He is more of a pro-minded Coach. Look at his players, he maximizes their potential in College. Cal doesn't seem to get many top 25 recruiting classes but they are still mentioned in many polls, recently in top 10 even. I would also love for petrino or Weis, but I doubt Weis would switch (at least this year) and I'm not sure about Petrino. Or we could just move up Ryan... He is a guy that the team loves and respects which is very important for a team like ours...

id want weis the most at this point. he has a good relationship with quinn and would want quinn to come to us instead of the browns. then i'd want Ryan because he deserves a chance at head coach

TheChampIsHere
01-03-2007, 01:33 AM
this is gonna be one interesting offseason for the Raiders...

Who will we bring in as OC?

What trades will we make? Porter? Moss? Jordan? we could end up stockpiling a lot of draft picks.

Are we gonna spend in FA?? I think we need to bring in some proven, veteran OL...Im hoping we pick up Leonard Davis and make him our RT, which was our worst position on the line.

And then of course we have the top pick in every round plus whatever picks we trade for, im hoping we end up with about 5 first day picks, and spend at least 4 of them on the offensive side of the ball...and maybe we will start to see some results.

portermvp84
01-03-2007, 01:32 PM
Our OC should be Denny Green he has a good offensive mind, and I think it wouldn't be a long shot if we made a contract offer out to him.

Look for Jerry Porter to be traded around draft someone will be desaprate to trade for him and hopefully we could get a second out of him. Randy Moss I think he will stay. We should give him one more shot. I say we keep Lamont and draft another back so we can half a one two punch.

If we do spend so money it would have to be on the o line, just for the matter that it really blows. One thing that I say we do is get rid of Robert Gallery, and start clean.

I also agree, we should really try to aim for the offensive side of the ball, like for sure I think we should either aim for AD or CJ. Or if we go AD we should try to aim for somebody like Sidney Rice in the second. The one thing this off season we have to go for in the draft is easily the o line it really needs help so we should try to aim for a RT in a later round. QB postion, I know this is a strech but I still say we should take Troy Smith in the 3rd or if we get another second take him. I'm not liking Andrew Walter as our future, I think we should have somebody that is more mobile and can get the ball down the field.

slightlyaraiderfan
01-03-2007, 02:04 PM
Get rid of Gallery? The guy has obviously not lived up to the hype, but he also hasn't been a flat out dud.

RaiderNation
01-03-2007, 02:40 PM
Get rid of Gallery? The guy has obviously not lived up to the hype, but he also hasn't been a flat out dud.

im giving gallery 1 or 2 more years to improve. if he doesnt by thn we have to release him. i didnt want him in the first place in that draft too. i wanted roy williams or larry fitzgerald

SubNoize
01-03-2007, 02:43 PM
OK hear me out before crucifiction... I think the raiders should consider Jake Plummer... He has good arm strength, is mobile, has bad o-line experience from AZ, but is only a stop gap to take a chance at QB later on because I'm not sold on Quinn. I'd rather go Trent Edwards or Troy Smith in later rounds and let them learn behind Jake. Walter had flashes of being good but his footwork scares me, and may not be coachable. Next sign Leonard Davis and move him to guard where he has more potential and also either move Walker back to guard or Jake Grove to guard and Draft Kalil or Young to play center. Draft CJ... if repeat of this year comes we have a shot at Slaton, Mcfadden and if not this year next year Bush... So that means giving Jordan and Fargas duo another shot this year. Don't touch D unless it's signing or drafting a Sapp replacement or stud DE. All just suggestion, not impossible and I think could get us to 7-9 range no matter who's coaching, as long as Walsh or Shoop are not OC.

RaiderNation
01-03-2007, 02:57 PM
OK hear me out before crucifiction... I think the raiders should consider Jake Plummer... He has good arm strength, is mobile, has bad o-line experience from AZ, but is only a stop gap to take a chance at QB later on because I'm not sold on Quinn. I'd rather go Trent Edwards or Troy Smith in later rounds and let them learn behind Jake. Walter had flashes of being good but his footwork scares me, and may not be coachable. Next sign Leonard Davis and move him to guard where he has more potential and also either move Walker back to guard or Jake Grove to guard and Draft Kalil or Young to play center. Draft CJ... if repeat of this year comes we have a shot at Slaton, Mcfadden and if not this year next year Bush... So that means giving Jordan and Fargas duo another shot this year. Don't touch D unless it's signing or drafting a Sapp replacement or stud DE. All just suggestion, not impossible and I think could get us to 7-9 range no matter who's coaching, as long as Walsh or Shoop are not OC.

id want jake plummer. he's a huge upgrade over brooks an walter. i agree with drafting CJ and hopefully we have a chance at mcfadden and slaton because there gonna be great. if michael bush comes out this year we gotta get him.

Paranoidmoonduck
01-03-2007, 03:17 PM
You people don't remember how awful Plummer was this year, do you? He was almost Walter bad, only he played on a good team. I don't want him anywhere near here.

While I'd love to see Oakland's coaching staff purged, I'd also like to see Ryan stay on (hopefully if we bring in an offensive minded coach that become the case). Also, as much flack as the Raiders catch for having many former greats on the staff, I'm of the opinion that Willie Brown has been doing something right with that secondary, so perhaps he should stay on.

RaiderLifer
01-03-2007, 03:32 PM
Just found this site and it rocks....Don't want Jake, he might be a decent stop gap but what do you expect a prospect to learn from him? How to throw with your off hand to a waiting D-Lineman? I like Quinn a whole lot but I have a sneaking feeling that Al doesn't agree with me. If that is the case then I say CJ is the pick unless he wants to trade down a couple spots for JR. If so then S. Rice or Zach Miller (If he slips that far) in the second. My first reaction would be Bush in the second but from what I'm hearing he will be back at Louisville.

RaiderNation
01-03-2007, 03:33 PM
You people don't remember how awful Plummer was this year, do you? He was almost Walter bad, only he played on a good team. I don't want him anywhere near here.

While I'd love to see Oakland's coaching staff purged, I'd also like to see Ryan stay on (hopefully if we bring in an offensive minded coach that become the case). Also, as much flack as the Raiders catch for having many former greats on the staff, I'm of the opinion that Willie Brown has been doing something right with that secondary, so perhaps he should stay on.

i think plummer would do better with us because he wont have the presure of the #11 pick qb behind him. he will have walter and some rookie qb drafted in the rounds 2 to 5.

Paranoidmoonduck
01-03-2007, 03:48 PM
I'm sorry, Jake was worse than terrible this year. He was benched because Shannahan felt he had a better chance to go somewhere in the playoffs with a rookie.

I want him nowhere near this team.

slightlyaraiderfan
01-03-2007, 03:53 PM
It would be njx's dream if we signed Plummer, for that fact alone...we should stay away.

SubNoize
01-03-2007, 04:00 PM
an awful jake still culd produce more TDs and less INT and also less FUMBLES than brooks or Walter. Take away some of the brooks or walter blunders when we were ahead and in our own territory and we could have won 3-5 more games. Jake doesn't have to be great here just adequite see the bears for my implied scenario, great D and mediocre offense can take you into the playoffs. not saying we have the bears D, but it's young, fast and getting better, and Jake can play Grossman while we tutor a franchise QB.

RaiderLifer
01-03-2007, 04:08 PM
What do you guys think about the report on ESPN radio about us having no interest in Quinn? I think...no I know it's BS because Al is the only one who really matters and he doesn't chat with anyone from ESPN. I do get the feeling that we won't take Quinn though. I think Al will either fall in love with CJ or JR before this is all said and done.

Still it's pretty cool that tonight's game features two strong possibilities for the future of the QB situation. :D

Paranoidmoonduck
01-03-2007, 04:14 PM
All we can really do is sit back as see. Chances are that we won't even have a great idea of who the Raiders will pick until the day arrives, so speculation from any party is fairly pointless.

slightlyaraiderfan
01-03-2007, 04:15 PM
Another Raider fan...we are growing, welcome. 8)

And, of course it's BS. Even if they don't like Quinn as a prospect, it's not smart to dismiss someone so early.

RaiderNation
01-03-2007, 04:32 PM
Still it's pretty cool that tonight's game features two strong possibilities for the future of the QB situation. :D

ya its pretty cool. who ever might have the better game and wins might be our guy. but i still want cj over both of them and every1 else

RaiderLifer
01-03-2007, 04:40 PM
I think CJ will ultimately be the best player from this draft. It's hard to argue with taking a freak like that...I'm cool with CJ I just hope we can somehow trade down with Detroit and fleece Millen for some extra picks if that is the rout we go.

Paranoidmoonduck
01-03-2007, 04:42 PM
I know it is depressing, but I am far from convinced that this organization can really develop a raw player correctly (of course, that depends heavily on who the next coaching staff consists of). That is part of the reason I loved the pick of Huff, who seemed to be a self-driven kid.

This is the same reason the only pick I am fully confident in is Calvin Johnson.

RaiderLifer
01-03-2007, 04:51 PM
I know it is depressing, but I am far from convinced that this organization can really develop a raw player correctly (of course, that depends heavily on who the next coaching staff consists of). That is part of the reason I loved the pick of Huff, who seemed to be a self-driven kid.

This is the same reason the only pick I fully confident is Calvin Johnson.

I never thought of it that way, but it sounds pretty logical to me. Maybe it's the glue I've been huffing but I think we actually stand some sort of outside shot at landing Petrino and if that is the case then game on. If we have the current Coaches in place than you are probably right. :shock:

Komp
01-03-2007, 05:12 PM
I agree with either pick right now. If we have the #1 pick, I don't think there is any way we can't take Quinn, especially after turning down Leinart last year. That being said I like Quinn a lot more than Leinart. However, I do feel as tho the best choice would be to trade down within the top 5, get another early pick and take CJ. Than try to address the WR/TE disaster and a good DT.

PS - Why is Sands worried about playing time? Sapp only has MAYBE 1 year left in the tank and the spot is his. Guys are always looking at the short term...

RaiderNation
01-03-2007, 05:24 PM
I agree with either pick right now. If we have the #1 pick, I don't think there is any way we can't take Quinn, especially after turning down Leinart last year. That being said I like Quinn a lot more than Leinart. However, I do feel as tho the best choice would be to trade down within the top 5, get another early pick and take CJ. Than try to address the WR/TE disaster and a good DT.

PS - Why is Sands worried about playing time? Sapp only has MAYBE 1 year left in the tank and the spot is his. Guys are always looking at the short term...

i think next year will be the year where we pick a qb in the first. as u said we passed on leinart and will hopefully pass on quinn.

tylere0814
01-03-2007, 05:31 PM
Question from an outsider... I've heard a bunch of talk about trading Randy Moss. Is this a possibility?

If so, I think a trade with the Falcons could work out well for both teams. Schaub is a RFA, so ATL has to decide either to re-sign him or lose him next season. Randy Moss for Matt Schaub straight up, then Raiders can draft Charles Johnson and dont miss a beat... and instantly makes their offense better.

sorry this is a stoned rant... thoughts?

SubNoize
01-03-2007, 05:33 PM
No matter who comes in at HC I think Norm Chow would be a perfect candidate for an OC. He's been around the game and has done an amazing job with developing Qbs. His resume has Palmer, Leinart, Rivers, Romo and VY. No matter if we drafted Quinn or CJ and take a Qb later this is a guy who can coach a young kid to succeed, which is what we have lacked these dismal past 4 seasons.

RaiderLifer
01-03-2007, 05:33 PM
Does anyone have a Raider mock that you have done. I went to the team mock thread but was getting tired of sifting through all the pages. If you could paste it here or just provide a link I would appreciate it. I'm working on one myself and I will post it as soon as it is finished. Thanks in advance

RaiderNation
01-03-2007, 05:35 PM
Question from an outsider... I've heard a bunch of talk about trading Randy Moss. Is this a possibility?

If so, I think a trade with the Falcons could work out well for both teams. Schaub is a RFA, so ATL has to decide either to re-sign him or lose him next season. Randy Moss for Matt Schaub straight up, then Raiders can draft Charles Johnson and dont miss a beat... and instantly makes their offense better.

sorry this is a stoned rant... thoughts?

the perfect trade in my opinion. we get mayb our future qb and get rid of moss who i HATE. it also free's up alot of cap space

RaiderNation
01-03-2007, 05:36 PM
No matter who comes in at HC I think Norm Chow would be a perfect candidate for an OC. He's been around the game and has done an amazing job with developing Qbs. His resume has Palmer, Leinart, Rivers, Romo and VY. No matter if we drafted Quinn or CJ and take a Qb later this is a guy who can coach a young kid to succeed, which is what we have lacked these dismal past 4 seasons.

norm isnt leaving unless its a HC job. he has VY at qb and i think that will make him stay.

SubNoize
01-03-2007, 05:44 PM
oh never said he was leaving or would, just said he'd be a great candidate because he's able to finish raw product. In the NFL though no coordinator is locked in one place, for the right price anybody is available. Al should open the wallet and get somebody worth while here.

jmanz
01-03-2007, 06:18 PM
Glad to see another Raider fan on board, welcome. I'm anxious to do a little scouting as well this evening, battle of the QB's.

Oaktown1981
01-03-2007, 06:30 PM
Big game tonight. Quinn and Russell I hope they both play great and it would make the Raiders #1 pick worth a lot more.

RaiderNation
01-03-2007, 06:36 PM
what time and channel is the game on?

jmanz
01-03-2007, 07:11 PM
what time and channel is the game on?

7 central, on Fox

locseti
01-03-2007, 07:34 PM
oh never said he was leaving or would, just said he'd be a great candidate because he's able to finish raw product. In the NFL though no coordinator is locked in one place, for the right price anybody is available. Al should open the wallet and get somebody worth while here.

Its not even a possibility, so not really worth discussing.

Lets see what you got Brady. I thought AD looked really rusty a couple nights ago, but also proved to get better as the game progressed.

Can we hire the Boise Head Coach??????? OC or Head coach. That man is creative.

RaiderNation
01-03-2007, 07:44 PM
who ever does better in this game will be ranked number 3 on who i want to get

my list
1cj
2ad
3quinn/russell

locseti
01-03-2007, 07:46 PM
ND's defense is gonna make "demarcus" look so good...Doesen't Bradshaw know what his name is?

RaiderNation
01-03-2007, 07:49 PM
ND's defense is gonna make "demarcus" look so good...Doesen't Bradshaw know what his name is?

lol idk. howie should talk more than him.

RaiderNation
01-03-2007, 07:50 PM
that was PI

jmanz
01-03-2007, 07:54 PM
It's early but Quinn is not looking so great....maybe its the D?

locseti
01-03-2007, 07:56 PM
Russell throws so hard the receivers cant even catch it

RaiderNation
01-03-2007, 07:59 PM
another great throw by russell

jmanz
01-03-2007, 07:59 PM
Wow, nice TD throw....Russell is looking nice so far.

RaiderNation
01-03-2007, 08:12 PM
ya but i still want CJ more

RaiderNation
01-03-2007, 08:13 PM
WOW GREAT THROW, EVEN GREATER CATCH

RaiderLifer
01-03-2007, 08:28 PM
So far JR has looked pretty good. It's hard to judge because the difference in the D's is so drastic. If Shark located that ball Quinn would have two touches right now against a top D. Can't wait to see how this shakes out. I'm an ND fan so I'm rooting for them but I want to see Jamarcus play well

RaiderNation
01-03-2007, 08:32 PM
So far JR has looked pretty good. It's hard to judge because the difference in the D's is so drastic. If Shark located that ball Quinn would have two touches right now against a top D. Can't wait to see how this shakes out. I'm an ND fan so I'm rooting for them but I want to see Jamarcus play well

id actually want them to both not do well. so we have another reason to pick CJ. i want lsu to win cuz im a usc fan :D

jmanz
01-03-2007, 08:48 PM
I don't really care who wins the game, just want to try to see what Quinn has. So far, its been kind of so-so. Nice TD toss, should have been two, and a bad decision on the INT.

TheChampIsHere
01-03-2007, 09:01 PM
im definetely not a fan of picking up Plummer. Hes barely an upgrade over Brooks and yeah he might give us one solid year but that is not a move that would give us progress. We need to start over at QB. Brooks is not gonna be work out and he could be released, Walters is a statue in the pocket, he has less mobility than Drew Bledsoe, he really didnt show me too much this year.

Im definetely in favor of picking a QB in this draft. Quinn, Russell, Brohm and Troy Smith are all prospects that I really like....And then theres others like Drew Stanton, Drew Tate and maybe Colt Brennan. Theres a lot of different scenarios of where the Raiders could pick depending on trades and we dont know what these QBs stock will be like come April yet either, but I like the idea of us picking a highly ranked QB. Another option is Damon Huard.

As for offensive line, I strong prefer the idea of fixing it through FA. We cant afford to go through any more growing pains at this position. Gallery, while he has been a dissapointment, has still been our best lineman, and it was his first year at LT, and he did show some progress. We have to stick with him for a little while more. He may never reach the pro bowl level we expected but he could become a solid LT....Im really crossing our fingers hoping we sign Leonard Davis at RT, Langston Walker was getting blown by seemingly every play and we really need to bring in a veteran RT. As for the interior, I expect us to stick with Grove and McQuistan and hope they can improve and become solid starters. But Sims has got to go if you ask me. there are some solid UFA at G like Eric Steinbach and Kris Deilman who the Raiders could go after. If they can pick up a couple of the top FA OL prospects, it would be huge. Another nice pickup would be Max Starks, but he is a RFA.

Then we got WR....Moss i figure we will be hanging onto and we just gotta hope that if the rest of this offense establishes some consistency, Moss will start performing. Shell's feud with Porter has got to end so Porter has to go, if we can get a 3rd rounder for him, good enough. Id like to trade Jordan, but I doubt we can pull it off. Another question is if we resign Fargas. Whatever we do, it is a position we need to solidify. Jordan is a question mark right now, he is solid but has injury problems and overall he hasnt shown us anything great. he can get the job done but im not excited about him.

At WR, we have two solid backups in Gabriel and Curry (who quietly had a strong season) and then we will probly have Moss back. Either way, it would be nice to add a playmaker, maybe Calvin Johnson, or maybe someone like Sidney Rice...theres a lot of possiblities here.

Another need is TE....We got pretty much no production from the position and Courtney Anderson dropped pass after pass. I would like us to sign a TE in FA. Its a long stretch but Tony Gonzalez is an UFA, who knows if Al Davis might make a move. Other possibilites are guys like Daniel Graham and Eric Johnson. Jeramy Stevans is UFA but I pray to god we dont sign that piece of ****.

Yeah, the offense needs an overhaul, but its do-able. Our D is great and young and doesnt need much attention. If the Raiders are active, we can get this O turned around. Another key thing is bringing in a good offensive mind at OC. I really like the idea of bringing in someone from the college ranks.

RaiderNation
01-03-2007, 09:09 PM
what a pass by russell. looked like he didnt even try on that throw

jmanz
01-03-2007, 09:09 PM
Pretty impressed with Russells arm strength. He really can sling it.

njx9
01-03-2007, 09:23 PM

id want jake plummer. he's a huge upgrade over brooks an walter. i agree with drafting CJ and hopefully we have a chance at mcfadden and slaton because there gonna be great. if michael bush comes out this year we gotta get him.

these are the two funniest posts i've ever read. i hope you guys get plummer, too. :lol:

Oaktown1981
01-03-2007, 11:25 PM
If the Raiders draft a QB I hope it's Russell.

RaiderNation
01-03-2007, 11:31 PM

agreed

RaiderLifer
01-03-2007, 11:33 PM
I think it's a lock now if we go QB in the first it will be Jemarcus. Al loves the gunslinger and that is what this kid is. Saw during the game that he has huge hands as well so we don't have to worry about him rewriting the fumble records like C-Pepp. If it's not CJ I want this guy :lol:

cowboysforever
01-03-2007, 11:35 PM
I think it's a lock now if we go QB in the first it will be Jemarcus. Al loves the gunslinger and that is what this kid is. Saw during the game that he has huge hands as well so we don't have to worry about him rewriting the fumble records like C-Pepp. If it's not CJ I want this guy :lol:

Take Russell. A bigger stronger McNair if that is possible.

raidersfanxxx
01-03-2007, 11:37 PM
JR and a real head coach thats all im asking for, please!!!!!!!!!

RaiderNation
01-03-2007, 11:43 PM
if we stay at the first pick we gotta get CJ. if we trade down its russell plus we will get a 2nd or a 3rd

Paranoidmoonduck
01-03-2007, 11:43 PM
I hate to base anything on one game, especially when the defense Quinn was facing was worlds better than the one Russell had to deal with, but this game epitomized everything about Quinn that had me worried.

Russell looked great, and his arm is nothing short of ridiculous, but just because he tore up ND's secondary means little.

RaiderLifer
01-03-2007, 11:48 PM
if we stay at the first pick we gotta get CJ. if we trade down its russell plus we will get a 2nd or a 3rd

I couldn't agree more but who do we trade with? If it's Cleveland and they take Quinn then what does Detroit do? For PR reasons they can't take another WR, Joe Thomas is a possibility but if Jamarcus blows the combine away they could really take Jamarcus.... Then we would still get CJ at 3 so I don't know what the hell I'm worried about let's do it!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

RaiderNation
01-04-2007, 12:03 AM

I couldn't agree more but who do we trade with? If it's Cleveland and they take Quinn then what does Detroit do? For PR reasons they can't take another WR, Joe Thomas is a possibility but if Jamarcus blows the combine away they could really take Jamarcus.... Then we would still get CJ at 3 so I don't know what the hell I'm worried about let's do it!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

if he blows the combine away we will draft him in a heartbeat. if we do trade and detriot takes russell and cj is left, well we just picked up a free pick really and saved a little cap space

AlexDown
01-04-2007, 12:51 AM

agreed

Which Raider fan was all over Quinn with a signature and a mock draft with Quinn going to the Raiders. Was that you?

RaiderNation
01-04-2007, 01:02 AM

agreed

Which Raider fan was all over Quinn with a signature and a mock draft with Quinn going to the Raiders. Was that you?

ya it was. i didnt know russell had the accuratcey that he showed tonite. i thought he was just a guy who could launch the ball.

RaiderNation
01-04-2007, 01:26 AM
MY IDEAL DRAFT

round 1
either trade our first to the browns and get a 2nd rounder and their 3rd overal pick. and draft russell or keep our 1st pick and draft CJ.
round2
if we get cj we draft troy smith if he is there if he's not their either the best OL there. if we got russell we get the same except troy smith
round3
draft a dt,de,ol, rb or wr

nobodyinparticular
01-04-2007, 01:32 AM

Not going to re-write fumble records? Did you see the fumble he had at the end of the 1st quarter? Downright stupid. I'll pass on the Culpepper clone.

RaiderNation
01-04-2007, 01:49 AM
just a question that wont likely happen but....... what happens if CJ and russell both go back to college?.CJ's mom want him to get his degree and lsu should have a great team next year and will be a champ contender. what will we do? draft AD or quinn? or possibly thomas

AceInTheHole94
01-04-2007, 04:30 AM
It doesnt take much accuracy to throw to receivers who have 3 yards of separation, my towns high school QB can do that, not impressing me.

Its not hard to shred up ND's pass defense...Shaun Carney did it, Joe Daily did it, Curtis Painter did it...and neither threw a pick like Russell did.

Check out Russell against Florida, Auburn and Tennessee, if you think Quinn did bad against Michigan, USC and LSU...just look at Russell's stat lines for those games.

60.7% completion, 744 yards, 4 TD, 6 INT, 69.9 rating and 4 fumbles.

jmanz
01-04-2007, 09:27 AM

Not going to re-write fumble records? Did you see the fumble he had at the end of the 1st quarter? Downright stupid. I'll pass on the Culpepper clone.

agreed, I'll pass on Russell.

portermvp84
01-04-2007, 01:11 PM
I think we should at least stay at number one because I really wanna see CJ in silver and black and spice up the recivng core. But if we can get a later pick and a second round we should take JR.

RaiderLifer
01-04-2007, 01:13 PM
Report from profootballtalk has Shell being fired today. I like this call

portermvp84
01-04-2007, 01:14 PM
just a question that wont likely happen but....... what happens if CJ and russell both go back to college?.CJ's mom want him to get his degree and lsu should have a great team next year and will be a champ contender. what will we do? draft AD or quinn? or possibly thomas

We should end up to take AD because he would very well be the next LT. Quinn I can't see as a Raider he doesn't have the Raider atitiude, besides Al doesn't like pretty boys. It would be the best thing to do is stick with AD.

By the way nice Sig that is sweet.

slightlyaraiderfan
01-04-2007, 01:23 PM
Report from profootballtalk has Shell being fired today. I like this call
You have to be very cautious with the reports that come from there, they could be right...but they've always been sketchy.

portermvp84
01-04-2007, 01:27 PM
So is it true or not?

jmanz
01-04-2007, 01:29 PM
So is it true or not?

At this point, we don't know for sure.

portermvp84
01-04-2007, 01:32 PM
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/16377366.htm

Porter and Shell getting into it.

portermvp84
01-04-2007, 01:41 PM
If this is true whose gonna come and give us a shot and feel what it's like to loose?

RaiderNation
01-04-2007, 02:21 PM

We should end up to take AD because he would very well be the next LT. Quinn I can't see as a Raider he doesn't have the Raider atitiude, besides Al doesn't like pretty boys. It would be the best thing to do is stick with AD.

By the way nice Sig that is sweet.

so it would AD without the thought of thomas?

thx i stole it from another draft site :)

Windy
01-04-2007, 03:30 PM
im back. looks like i missed a lot. can someone update me with the last 48 hours of news?

jmanz
01-04-2007, 03:46 PM
im back. looks like i missed a lot. can someone update me with the last 48 hours of news?

short summary- Quinn didn't perform well, Russell looked solid. Rumors circulating that Shell will be canned, just rumors to this point. Bout it.

RaiderNation
01-04-2007, 03:57 PM

short summary- Quinn didn't perform well, Russell looked solid. Rumors circulating that Shell will be canned, just rumors to this point. Bout it.

russell look like he was on another level then quinn. he has amazing accuratcey with the best arm stregnth ive seen in a long time.

people are sayn he like mike vick and kyle boller because he can throw long but the difference between them is russell has way more accuratcey than both. im really debating on who to take right now. if we get russell it might make moss start trying and cj is just such a great athlete that will be hard to stop

jmanz
01-04-2007, 04:18 PM
meh, I'm not sold on either Quinn or Russell at this point.

Windy
01-04-2007, 04:25 PM
is calvin johnson coming out? i saw a couple threads but im too lazy to look through them

slightlyaraiderfan
01-04-2007, 04:30 PM
is calvin johnson coming out? i saw a couple threads but im too lazy to look through them
His momma would like for him to get his education...but no word from him yet.

RaiderLifer
01-04-2007, 04:32 PM
No word on CJ yet but from the comments from his mom and a couple others people are speculating that he will be back. I don't know what to think. I want him at #1 but Russell looked really good last night and I could see Al falling in love with this guy. Either way I'm not mad

RaiderNation
01-04-2007, 04:33 PM
wouldnt it just we amazing if cj stays and we get russell(or vise versa) then next year we trade up for cj. cuz i think after we fire shell, and get a real HC,plus our defence we will be 7-9 or 8-8

jmanz
01-04-2007, 04:33 PM

if not, that could change the complexion of the draft a bit.

Windy
01-04-2007, 04:40 PM
if we dont fire shell we'll have a top 5 pick next year IMO. probably top 3

Yea if CJ doesnt come out a lot changes.

RaiderLifer
01-04-2007, 04:43 PM
I hate saying this but if Art stays I think were on the clock in 2008. I highly doubt that Al would let him keep his job if we started slow next year

slightlyaraiderfan
01-04-2007, 04:44 PM
So, this year we get...Jamarcus #1. Marshawn Lynch in the 2nd(Came from a dream I had last night, don't ask)

And next year....CJ?

8)

RaiderNation
01-04-2007, 04:49 PM
So, this year we get...Jamarcus #1. Marshawn Lynch in the 2nd(Came from a dream I had last night, don't ask)

And next year....CJ?

8)

lynch wont be their in the 2nd. if he was id piss my pants. ive heard the packers want him and they got a top 15 pick. but part from that, ya thats my plan. hope it works :) it would be the next daunte and randy combo. except cj isnt a bz like moss and russell has bigger hands than daunte

RaiderLifer
01-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Those would be the New Big Three in Oak Town...but you can tell it's from a dream, Lynch ain't lasting till the second. I could see us trading back into the first if he fell far enough though.

slightlyaraiderfan
01-04-2007, 04:52 PM

And next year....CJ?

8)

lynch wont be their in the 2nd. if he was id piss my pants. ive heard the packers want him and they got a top 15 pick. but part from that, ya thats my plan. hope it works :) it would be the next daunte and randy combo. except cj isnt a bz like moss and russell has bigger hands than daunte
hah yeah. i was just messin

RaiderLifer
01-04-2007, 04:57 PM
I could honestly see Al trading Porter/Moss (one not both) a third (comp pick for Woodson) and a pick next year to get back into the first to take Levi Brown (who I like more than some) or Lynch if he were to slip a bit. It's a dream but at least plossible.

RaiderLifer
01-04-2007, 05:01 PM
How do you edit posts? I'm new and I just spelled plausible, plossible :oops:

RaiderNation
01-04-2007, 05:04 PM
I could honestly see Al trading Porter/Moss (one not both) a third (comp pick for Woodson) and a pick next year to get back into the first to take Levi Brown (who I like more than some) or Lynch if he were to slip a bit. It's a dream but at least plossible.

no team would want both of them. i think moss and the 3rd and mayb a 5th or 6th for it i could see.

if both russell and cj come out, do u think al would trade moss and our 2nd and 5th for a top 15 first round pick and get russell? how far would he drop? id want to to do that then with our 2 3rd round picks get a OL men and a DT

jmanz
01-04-2007, 05:08 PM

after you post, you'll notice edit on the right side of your post. Again, this is after you submit it.

RaiderLifer
01-04-2007, 05:12 PM

no team would want both of them. i think moss and the 3rd and mayb a 5th or 6th for it i could see.

if both russell and cj come out, do u think al would trade moss and our 2nd and 5th for a top 15 first round pick and get russell? how far would he drop? id want to to do that then with our 2 3rd round picks get a OL men and a DT

I know no team would want both, just clarifying what I meant so I didn't get raged...I could see Al getting back into the top 15 but I don't think JRuss would fall that far. I think after last night and the combine (when he throws 80 yards on a rope) he will be in the top 5 and unless we mortgage the future we can't get that high. Just for sh*ts and giggles though what do you think it would take to get into the top 5?

RaiderLifer
01-04-2007, 05:12 PM

after you post, you'll notice edit on the right side of your post. Again, this is after you submit it.

Thanks

Windy
01-04-2007, 05:13 PM
Dream Scenario

Trade Randy for 3rd

1a. JaMarcus

1b. Marshawn Lynch (trade our 2nd and 3rd, future pick etc)

3a. (Moss Trade) Steve Smith

3b. (Woodson Comp) Tim Crowder/Ikaika Alama Francis

RaiderNation
01-04-2007, 05:17 PM

I know no team would want both, just clarifying what I meant so I didn't get raged...I could see Al getting back into the top 15 but I don't think JRuss would fall that far. I think after last night and the combine (when he throws 80 yards on a rope) he will be in the top 5 and unless we mortgage the future we can't get that high. Just for sh*ts and giggles though what do you think it would take to get into the top 5?

i think we'd first

trade down to clevland for their 1st and 2nd

cleveland gets quinn,detriot gets thomas then we get CJ then trade our 2nd and detriot 2nd and a 4th or something plus moss for the bucs pick. then we get cj and russell :)

RaiderNation
01-04-2007, 05:18 PM
Dream Scenario

Trade Randy for 3rd

1a. JaMarcus

we would have another 3rd too.

RaiderLifer
01-04-2007, 05:30 PM
The key is convincing Cleveland, or Detroit that we really want Quinn and would only give up the number one for quite a bounty. If we could get Cleveland's 2nd and 3rd (even if we gave them the comp pick at the end of 3) that would make it possible to trade with Tampa...but that is quite a price to move up two spots.

RaiderNation
01-04-2007, 05:36 PM
or we could do what NYG and SD did a couple years ago when the phillip and manning trade. like we pick quinn, trade him to cleveland or detriot for there first and 2nd and possibly another low round pick. then we trade either both of the 2nd rounders or a 2nd and 2 3rds plus moss/porter to cleveland/tampa/arizona

then we got russell and cj

slightlyaraiderfan
01-04-2007, 05:41 PM
Dream Scenario

Trade Randy for 3rd

1a. JaMarcus

Another 3rd, where from?

Also, you have to remove that avatar under your sig...its one of our rules, dont think its posted though. :?

RaiderNation
01-04-2007, 05:46 PM
Dream Scenario

Trade Randy for 3rd

1a. JaMarcus

Another 3rd, where from?

Also, you have to remove that avatar under your sig...its one of our rules, dont think its posted though. :?

the other 3rd is a free one every1 gets every year, just like the free 1st and stuff u know lol. i think we didnt trade it.

ok i deleted it

RaiderLifer
01-04-2007, 05:49 PM
or we could do what NYG and SD did a couple years ago when the phillip and manning trade. like we pick quinn, trade him to cleveland or detriot for there first and 2nd and possibly another low round pick. then we trade either both of the 2nd rounders or a 2nd and 2 3rds plus moss/porter to cleveland/tampa/arizona

So when Cleveland is on the clock we offer him to the Browns for their pick (CJ) and their second and third? That just seems like a whole lot for them to give up. What does the trade chart say? I'm not really familiar with it. It really would have helped our cause if Quinn looked a little better last night.

RaiderNation
01-04-2007, 05:58 PM

So when Cleveland is on the clock we offer him to the Browns for their pick (CJ) and their second and third? That just seems like a whole lot for them to give up. What does the trade chart say? I'm not really familiar with it. It really would have helped our cause if Quinn looked a little better last night.

they would give their 1st and second. we have 2 3rds. i dont know how to use that trade chart thingy. i wish the game was a little closer then we wouldnt be hating as much on quinn

also does any1 know how to make sigs? i want a new 1 so if u can tell me

Windy
01-04-2007, 06:15 PM
http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/sports/16377374.htm

Marshawn Article

RaiderNation
01-04-2007, 06:29 PM
http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/sports/16377374.htm

Marshawn Article

nice article,but i think we go after him. michael bush and kenny irons are there in the 2nd

Xonraider
01-04-2007, 07:40 PM
WE ARE ABOUT TO FIRE ARTHUR "NO IDEA" SHELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Raiders | Shell to be fired
Thu, 4 Jan 2007 17:23:01 -0800

ESPNews reports the Oakland Raiders will fire head coach Art Shell.

TIME TO SHOW THE WORLD WE'RE A REAL TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheChampIsHere
01-04-2007, 07:43 PM
so i was thinking about what the Raiders need to do in the offseason to get this team turned around and this is what I came up with.

FA:

Sign OT Leonard Davis (ARI)
Sign OG Eric Steinbach (CIN)
Sign TE Daniel Graham (NE)
Re-sign DT Terdell Sands
Re-sign HB Justin Fargas

Trade:
Jerry Porter for a 3rd rounder
1st overall pick to Browns for 3rd or 4th overall pick + 2nd rounder

Draft: we now have our 1st rounder, 2 2nd rounder, and hopefully 3 3rd rounders if we get a good comp pick for Woodson.

1st round: JaMarcus Russell
2nd round: Sydney Rice and Justin Blalock
3rd Round: Lorenzo Booker, plus a pass-rushing DE and an OT, too early to say who those will be.

Also, pick up Brian Leonard in the 4th round

Our offense would then look like this next year:

QB: Russell
QB: Brooks
HB: Jordan
HB: Fargas
HB: Booker
FB: Leonard
FB: Crockett
WR: Moss
WR: Rice
WR: Curry
WR: Gabriel
TE: Graham
TE: Randal Williams
TE: Courtney Anderson
LT: Gallery
LG: Steinbach
C: Grove
RG: Blalock
RT: Davis
OL: McQuistan, rookie OT, Boothe, Treu

All of a sudden, it looks like an extremely talented unit with a good mix of veterans and young talent and also a very deep unit that can deal with injuries and allow Shell or whoever our OC is to mix in different packages.

Xonraider
01-04-2007, 07:45 PM
so i was thinking about what the Raiders need to do in the offseason to get this team turned around and this is what I came up with.

FA:

Re-sign DT Terdell Sands
Re-sign HB Justin Fargas

Trade:

Draft: we now have our 1st rounder, 2 2nd rounder, and hopefully 3 3rd rounders if we get a good comp pick for Woodson.

3rd Round: Lorenzo Booker, plus a pass-rushing DE and an OT, too early to say who those will be.

All of a sudden, it looks like an extremely talented unit with a good mix of veterans and young talent and also a very deep unit that can deal with injuries and allow Shell or whoever our OC is to mix in different packages.

Only that for the 1st pick?

raidersfanxxx
01-04-2007, 07:48 PM
just saw it on espn.....ART IS FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

RaiderNation
01-04-2007, 08:07 PM
thechampishere can u get another pic cuz i already have it and ive been on here longer than u

RaiderNation
01-04-2007, 08:08 PM

i know. our offseason has started off great. first we got the 1st pick, russell plays great against ND, we fire art shell. so far so good

RaiderNation
01-04-2007, 08:11 PM

FA:

Re-sign DT Terdell Sands
Re-sign HB Justin Fargas

Trade:

Only that for the 1st pick?

first jerry will be worth a 4th rounder. we will get way more than just a 3-4 pick and a 2nd rounder. add another 3rd and mayb a 2nd for next years draft

raidersfanxxx
01-04-2007, 08:11 PM

i know. our offseason has started off great. first we got the 1st pick, russell plays great against ND, we fire art shell. so far so good

knock on wood