PDA

View Full Version : Oakland Raiders Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13

raidersfanxxx
01-04-2007, 08:13 PM
now lets hope we land a solid head coach and staff. bobby petrino maybe? lets hope

RaiderNation
01-04-2007, 08:14 PM
now lets hope we land a solid head coach and staff. bobby petrino maybe? lets hope

or move rob ryan up as HC. mayb that one guy we wanted from pitsburg. hes there OC. for got his name, i think it was like weisnhunt i think

raidersfanxxx
01-04-2007, 08:22 PM

or move rob ryan up as HC. mayb that one guy we wanted from pitsburg. hes there OC. for got his name, i think it was like weisnhunt i think

in my gut i think our coach will be rob ryan cause hes the only guy that will take the job. the question now is who would be or OC? the over haul of the offense is going to be the biggest part this offseason.

RaiderNation
01-04-2007, 08:27 PM

in my gut i think our coach will be rob ryan cause hes the only guy that will take the job. the question now is who would be or OC? the over haul of the offense is going to be the biggest part this offseason.

if we sign any of guy than ryan, it will have to be a offencive minded coach. defence is taken cared of. now we just need to reboot our offence

slightlyaraiderfan
01-04-2007, 08:42 PM
How about Tedford...we can reunite him with Marshawn, who is falling to the 2nd.

Paranoidmoonduck
01-04-2007, 08:48 PM
How about Tedford...we can reunite him with Marshawn, who is falling to the 2nd.

I honestly feel that Tedford will function better on the college level than in the pro's.

I'd love Petrino as long as he's willing to keep Ryan on staff (and boot everyone else). Since Pagano is gone, Ryan is really the only coach I want kept. I've had it with these former HOF'ers.

Windy
01-04-2007, 08:50 PM
Petrino.

Draft AD or CJ this year then Brohm next year :)

RaiderNation
01-04-2007, 08:54 PM
Petrino.

rather have russell

Paranoidmoonduck
01-04-2007, 09:01 PM
I really want little to do with Russell. You all fell in love with him after the last game, but it was against Notre Dame's secondary. He's physically impressive as hell, but unless we bring in a QB guru, I'd much rather take the safe and kickass Calvin Johnson.

Windy
01-04-2007, 09:02 PM
Petrino.

rather have russell

I would too.

Dream Coaching Scenario

HC-Bobby Petrino-We offered him a brinks truck but he wanted to stay until his son graduated High School. He graduated this year. He would probably want to draft Quinn or JaMarcus. (which is a plus)

OC-Jeff Tedford- Local guy and coach of my favorite college team. He would do wonders with JaMarcus or Brady. Overall Offensive Guru

DC-Rob Ryan-A Raider 'nuff said

RaiderNation
01-04-2007, 09:10 PM
Petrino.

rather have russell

I would too.

Dream Coaching Scenario

HC-Bobby Petrino-We offered him a brinks truck but he wanted to stay until his son graduated High School. He graduated this year. He would probably want to draft Quinn or JaMarcus. (which is a plus)

OC-Jeff Tedford- Local guy and coach of my favorite college team. He would do wonders with JaMarcus or Brady. Overall Offensive Guru

DC-Rob Ryan-A Raider 'nuff said

tedford wouldnt come here for the OC. only HC i think

RaiderLifer
01-04-2007, 10:11 PM
I think it's going to be Rob Ryan with the OC being some no name maybe the QB coach from USC Steve Sarkisian (sp?). I think that guy used to be on our staff and I can't really see us attracting any known commodities unfortunately.

RaiderNation
01-04-2007, 10:13 PM
I think it's going to be Rob Ryan with the OC being some no name maybe the QB coach from USC Steve Sarkanian (sp?). I think that guy used to be on our staff and I can't really see us attracting any known commodities unfortunately.

a coach wouldnt want the first pick in the draft, and a top 5 defence? i would

RaiderLifer
01-04-2007, 10:19 PM
I think it's going to be Rob Ryan with the OC being some no name maybe the QB coach from USC Steve Sarkanian (sp?). I think that guy used to be on our staff and I can't really see us attracting any known commodities unfortunately.

a coach wouldnt want the first pick in the draft, and a top 5 defence? i would

I'm not saying no one wants to come here I'm just saying most of the know Offensive minds (Cam Cameron, Norm Chow, Wizenhunt, etc.) have other opportunities without the ******** stigma that this franchise can't shake.

TheChampIsHere
01-05-2007, 12:32 AM
thechampishere can u get another pic cuz i already have it and ive been on here longer than u

no

RaiderNation
01-05-2007, 12:56 AM
thechampishere can u get another pic cuz i already have it and ive been on here longer than u

no

why? i had it b4 u. find your own

D4rk 0ne
01-05-2007, 01:20 AM
I really want little to do with Russell. You all fell in love with him after the last game, but it was against Notre Dame's secondary. He's physically impressive as hell, but unless we bring in a QB guru, I'd much rather take the safe and kickass Calvin Johnson.
Yeah, I kind of agree. Russel reminds me too much of Walter. Both are big (Russel is stronger) both have cannons (Russel's is stronger) and both don't like to leave the pocket (although Russel could do more damage if he left). Russel would obviously be an upgrade (potentially) but at the same time his success would hinge on the same factors as Walter, which we lack.

As for coaching, I think Petrino as HC with Ryan as DC would be great but I wouldn't mind Ryan as HC either. I disagree with what you said about Tedford. IMO his style is much more "pro" than college. He runs pro-set rather than spread and he prefers pocket QBs and a balanced line to a running offense. I would go as far as to say that his offense is more similar to a general NFL offense than some NFL teams (Atlanta for example). I would like Tedford, especially if we could land Lynch (trade down to #12 overall or so and grab like a 2nd, 3rd, and a lineman from the Falcons or whoever is in that area.

Also, TheChampIsHere, find your own avatar...

dan77733
01-05-2007, 01:37 AM
Just curious, if all of this was to happen, would you Raider fans be happy or pissed off -

1) Hire Dennis Green as HC

2) Trade second round draft pick to the Dolphins for QB Daunte Culpepper

3) Trade down a few spots in the Draft to gain back that second rounder and then draft LT Joe Thomas.

4) Move Gallery to RT and hope he can finally dominate like he can

5) Use the rest of the Draft picks on the rest of the OL and just to add depth to the overall roster

TheChampIsHere
01-05-2007, 02:12 AM
wat do u think u created that avatar? ive seen it many times before and ur out of place claimin some picture as yours.

Crow
01-05-2007, 04:20 AM
Just curious, if all of this was to happen, would you Raider fans be happy or pissed off -

Horrible idea.

Even worse idea. No reason at all we should bail them out for making that heinous mistake.

3) Trade down a few spots in the Draft to gain back that second rounder and then draft LT Joe Thomas.

Thomas would fail as miserably as the rest of our OL if we don't find a real OL coach. If we do, we likely won't need Thomas.

Not completely against this move.

5) Use the rest of the Draft picks on the rest of the OL and just to add depth to the overall roster

Doesn't make sense. We did that last draft.

overall, your plan is the worst possible scenario for this team outside of re-hiring Shell.

Crow
01-05-2007, 04:27 AM
Screw the avatar. Can we please ban all these dimwits typing in AOL speak?

Paranoidmoonduck
01-05-2007, 04:48 AM

Pissed. Very, very, VERY pissed.

jmanz
01-05-2007, 09:24 AM

As others have said, this would be awful. I want no part of Daunte or Dennis Green.

portermvp84
01-05-2007, 09:56 AM
We got to take a shot at Bobby Petrino. I think he's the best option right now. I would seriously laugh every time I saw Dennis Green in Silver and Black, he had just that won brake down in Arizona image how many he would have in Oakland. The best place we have for him is the OC. What's up with Jim Mora Jr? Did he end upgoing to Washington? Or is he still avaible?

TheChampIsHere
01-05-2007, 10:06 AM

Pissed. Very, very, VERY pissed.

yeah that would be absolutely horrible

and crow, you might want to watch who you call a dimwit

bernbabybern820
01-05-2007, 11:39 AM
so i was watching cold pizza today...and i have a good feeling that jim fassel would be willing to be head coach. the woman asked jim if he would coach the raiders and he was like i like al davis and i have worked with the raiders and im going to talk to them later on. (not those specific words)

edit: and how would you guys feel with fassel being our coach?

RaiderLifer
01-05-2007, 11:55 AM
Not a big Fassel fan. I would like Rob Ryan as HC, and apparently we are talking to Trestman about coming back as OC. I guess I could live with that but I wouldn't be jumping for joy. Walter doesn't really fit what Trestman does well, but maybe that means we are drafting a QB.

slightlyaraiderfan
01-05-2007, 12:33 PM
Not a big Fassel fan. I would like Rob Ryan as HC, and apparently we are talking to Trestman about coming back as OC. I guess I could live with that but I wouldn't be jumping for joy. Walter doesn't really fit what Trestman does well, but maybe that means we are drafting a QB.
No wonder people don't want to coach here. Let the damn HC hire the offensive coordinator.

RaiderLifer
01-05-2007, 12:42 PM
No wonder people don't want to coach here. Let the damn HC hire the offensive coordinator.

Agreed.

portermvp84
01-05-2007, 01:28 PM
I agree with that, Al like making all of the desions thats the reason why Jon Gruden left us because he wanted to make his own desions and make the team.

RaiderNation
01-05-2007, 01:29 PM
I agree with that, Al like making all of the desions thats the reason why Jon Gruden left us because he wanted to make his own desions and make the team.

if al didnt want to make most of the desions, we would have gotten a different coach then shell. he needs to let the HC take some control. if he doesnt our team isnt going anywhere for a few more years

portermvp84
01-05-2007, 01:52 PM

if al didnt want to make most of the desions, we would have gotten a different coach then shell. he needs to let the HC take some control. if he doesnt our team isnt going anywhere for a few more years

Yeah if Al didn't want to maek alot of the desions we would still have Gruden. I liked Gruden he really knew how to fire up the guys, and he was a real hard ass. Thats what we need is someone to lay down the law.

RaiderNation
01-05-2007, 02:05 PM

Yeah if Al didn't want to maek alot of the desions we would still have Gruden. I liked Gruden he really knew how to fire up the guys, and he was a real hard ass. Thats what we need is someone to lay down the law.

i agree. if gruden was still here i think we wouldnt be this bad

jmanz
01-05-2007, 02:08 PM

i agree. if gruden was still here i think we wouldnt be this bad

indeed, I miss Chucky!

Xonraider
01-05-2007, 02:17 PM

Al's time to go is coming soon. He just doesn't look good.

Windy
01-05-2007, 02:37 PM
Schefter is reporting we are interested in Jim Mora Jr and Jim Fassel

locseti
01-05-2007, 02:54 PM
Before this season I thought Mora Jr. was an above average coach, but after those ridiculous comments, I don't want him anywhere near our sidelines. The thing that scares me about Fassel is that the Baltimore offense is doing alot better with Billick running things.

That being said, nobody wants to come here, so I guess anyone other than Shell is an upgrade.

TCIH - WOuld you prefer lackwit?

locseti
01-05-2007, 02:56 PM
Just wondering - with Lombardi gone, who is our "GM" ? I know Al makes most of the decisions, but does anyone hold that title?

TheChampIsHere
01-05-2007, 03:04 PM
Before this season I thought Mora Jr. was an above average coach, but after those ridiculous comments, I don't want him anywhere near our sidelines. The thing that scares me about Fassel is that the Baltimore offense is doing alot better with Billick running things.

That being said, nobody wants to come here, so I guess anyone other than Shell is an upgrade.

who do u think youre talking to?

LookItsAlDavis
01-05-2007, 03:09 PM
I want Norm Chow!

slightlyaraiderfan
01-05-2007, 03:11 PM
I want Norm Chow!
As an OC? Yes. As a head coach? Hell no, he doesn't have the attitude to be a head coach.

Crow
01-05-2007, 04:48 PM
We've contacted Mike Martz again. Not sure yet what's going to come of it, but we called him before Art was even fired. Make of that what you will.

Paranoidmoonduck
01-05-2007, 05:14 PM
We've contacted Mike Martz again. Not sure yet what's going to come of it, but we called him before Art was even fired. Make of that what you will.

Please god no.

LookItsAlDavis
01-05-2007, 05:33 PM
I want Norm Chow!
As an OC? Yes. As a head coach? Hell no, he doesn't have the attitude to be a head coach.

He has the same demeanor as Bill Belicheck, which is good enough for me.

bernbabybern820
01-05-2007, 06:49 PM

who do u think youre talking to?

lets play nice children

Xonraider
01-05-2007, 07:04 PM

Please god no.

53 - 32, his only losing season was a 7-9

raidersfanxxx
01-05-2007, 07:08 PM
i could be fine with alot of those names metioned. all i want is for us to get a HC and staff asap.

jmanz
01-05-2007, 08:42 PM

Don't know what to make of this news. At least he would be more in touch with the players of this generation I spose.

Paranoidmoonduck
01-05-2007, 08:46 PM

Please god no.

He also makes terrible in-game decisions.

RaiderNation
01-05-2007, 09:55 PM

Please god no.

He also makes terrible in-game decisions.

i wouldnt want him at HC rather OC

plus check me new sig :)

NIN1984
01-05-2007, 11:20 PM
Rob Ryan deserves the chance to turn this team around...

The players wanted him last season and now they want him again Al needs to get this done

RaiderNation
01-05-2007, 11:27 PM
Rob Ryan deserves the chance to turn this team around...

The players wanted him last season and now they want him again Al needs to get this done

does any1 know who the leading canadate is? i hope its ryan. i agree with u he's help this defence out ALOT and deserves a chance

RaiderLifer
01-06-2007, 12:36 AM
Anyone else heard the rumors that Shoop was a candidate? I think I'm going to be sick.

TheChampIsHere
01-06-2007, 12:59 AM
Im really liking the idea of bringing in Rex Ryan as our HC and keeping Rob Ryan as DC. Then all we gotta do is get a good OC and Im likin the look of our coaching staff...I also like Petrino, he would be a good fit.

Windy
01-06-2007, 01:20 AM
Anyone else heard the rumors that Shoop was a candidate? I think I'm going to be sick.

Yea its just a rumor. Someone on ESPN Radio made it up saying he is the only guy who would take the job :?

nobodyinparticular
01-06-2007, 01:23 AM
Im really liking the idea of bringing in Rex Ryan as our HC and keeping Rob Ryan as DC. Then all we gotta do is get a good OC and Im likin the look of our coaching staff...I also like Petrino, he would be a good fit.

That's ridiculous. There is absolutely no way that Rob Ryan would stay here after he has built this defense with his bare hands (and a bunch of high draft picks) only to see his brother take the head coaching job right out from under him. No way.

RaiderNation
01-06-2007, 01:50 AM

That's ridiculous. There is absolutely no way that Rob Ryan would stay here after he has built this defense with his bare hands (and a bunch of high draft picks) only to see his brother take the head coaching job right out from under him. No way.

i think id want rob over rex

Paranoidmoonduck
01-06-2007, 01:53 AM
Promoting Rob's brother over him would be a bit of a slap in the face.

I think Al really wants to bring in a first time head coach (at the pro level anyways) who is considered a kind of offense guru. I'd feel better about Ryan getting promoted did Al like to hire defensive coaches, but hopefully Ryan is fine with staying at his current position.

RaiderNation
01-06-2007, 02:00 AM
id want....

HC rob ryan
OC dennie green/mike martz
DC some1 who is already on our staff (like a dline coach or lb coach ect)

TheChampIsHere
01-06-2007, 02:18 AM

yeah but could you see Rex leaving the Ravens for the Raiders if he wasn't getting a promotion from DC to HC? maybe Rob Ryan would be happy to see his brother take the HC job as opposed to some inexperienced college guy. Either way, Ive heard the Raiders are discussing Rex as an option and I'd love to see the two of them on our staff, whichever one is HC and DC wouldnt make much difference to me b/c I like em both a lot.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-06-2007, 10:34 AM
Promoting Rob's brother over him would be a bit of a slap in the face.
I think Al really wants to bring in a first time head coach (at the pro level anyways) who is considered a kind of offense guru. I'd feel better about Ryan getting promoted did Al like to hire defensive coaches, but hopefully Ryan is fine with staying at his current position.that says it all.

RaiderLifer
01-06-2007, 10:42 AM
I'm only listing candidates that I think we have even the slightest chance of hiring...I don't think we have a shot at guys like Cower, Cameron, etc.

Would be happy with

1. Rob Ryan (Captain Caveman not only has the look, but the support and love of the players)

2. Petrino (Not going to happen but I'd be ecstatic)

3. Jim Mora Jr. (I think he got a raw deal in ATL and was just in an NFC championship game...if it wasn't for D.Burg teeing off on Vick he might have won that game :lol: )

4. Sarkisian (Really young but everyone that works with him raves about him Carroll, Chow, Gannon etc.)

I would puke

1. Shoop (I honestly might affixiate on my own sickness ala Hendrix)

2. Trestman (I didn't think he was bad as an OC but not a HC IMO)

3. Fassel (Perhaps if he had made the Ravens a juggernaut but they got better immediately after firing him...not good)

4. Dennis Green (I like the guy and I could warm up to him as an OC only because he could get Randy to play but I just don't like him aas HC right now)

What do you think?

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-06-2007, 10:48 AM
I would look at Fassel as OC but not HC.

NIN1984
01-06-2007, 11:40 AM
I rather have Fassel than Shoop omg this is bad I don't understand Al Davis

sdpads24
01-06-2007, 12:48 PM
the raiders defense is great so why not hire an offensive minded coach and try to keep Rob Ryan?

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-06-2007, 12:58 PM
the raiders defense is great so why not hire an offensive minded coach and try to keep Rob Ryan?thats how Al Davis will probably do it.
He tried to get an interview with Cam Cameron but got turned down.

RaiderLifer
01-06-2007, 01:11 PM
Cam knows that if the Chargers happen to go one and done then Marty will be out and he will be the leading candidate to get the HC job in SD where he has many more weapons. Also an outside chance that if they win the SB Marty rides off into the unset (unlikely but could happen) then he is the leading candidate again as well. Plus Marty has probably told Cam that Al drinks the blood of dead children and poisons cute little bunny rabbits for fun.

TheChampIsHere
01-06-2007, 01:21 PM
Fassel is horrible at both OC and HC. Getting rid of him was the best thing the Ravens ever did. Plz to god do not let Al Davis hire Fassell, theres a reason he always seems to be available.

RaiderLifer
01-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Fassel is horrible at both OC and HC. Getting rid of him was the best thing the Ravens ever did. Plz to god do not let Al Davis hire Fassell, theres a reason he always seems to be available.

Yeah I don't want anything to do with this guy.

Komp
01-06-2007, 01:23 PM
I'd be thrilled with either Sarkisian or Ryan as our HC. I think Petrino has taken Louisville about as far as they will ever go so he might be looking for a new challenge.

If Davis hires Shoop or fires Ryan in any way I dunno if can cheer for the Raiders until Al dies...seriously....if he does that than someone needs to use Power of Attorney cause he obviously can't make reasonable decisions on his own...

nobodyinparticular
01-06-2007, 03:07 PM
Ryan at HC would be reminiscent of Madden at HC. I'll take it.

NIN1984
01-06-2007, 05:31 PM
Ryan at HC would be reminiscent of Madden at HC. I'll take it.

That sounds so good

Paranoidmoonduck
01-06-2007, 05:38 PM
I fully expect this to be unresolved by the time the Superbowl reaches us. Unless someone like Petrino jumps at the job, Al Davis is going to take his time. Of course, the longer it stretches out, the higher the chance that Ryan takes over (fingers crossed).

jmanz
01-06-2007, 06:08 PM
Did you guys catch Peter King at halftime of the Colts/Chiefs game? He said he thinks the Raiders will take Russell with the first pick. :( Also, he said that the coaching vacancy of the Raiders wouldn't be that bad of gig with the third ranked defense.

raidersfanxxx
01-06-2007, 06:27 PM
what do you guys think of jim mora jr? i kinda like him....maybe he can bring over matt schaub from the ATL for moss.

RaiderLifer
01-06-2007, 07:10 PM
what do you guys think of jim mora jr? i kinda like him....maybe he can bring over matt schaub from the ATL for moss.

I like him as well. At least he would have a little more fire than our last two deadbeats.

About Schaub though, there is a rumor now that Atlanta is making it clear that they are not "married" to Vick as QB. They would obviously (because of the contract) prefer Vick to be the coaches choice, but apparently they took the coach killer comments to heart.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-06-2007, 07:17 PM
I dont like Mora.
Itd be cool if Al got Sarkisian as OC or HC.

Crow
01-06-2007, 09:28 PM
Nobody panic...yet...over the Shoop and Trestman talk. Al interviews everyone but his dead mother when we go coach hunting. This isn't unusual.

I like Ryan, provided we replace him at DC with someone who'll play less zone (or at least teach our guys how to play in zone) and blitz more.

OC...man...

Just give me a real OL coach. That's all I want right now. Jerry McDonald has an eye on Tim Davis. He's Hudson Houck's sidekick at Miami. Maybe, just maybe, he could do what his mentor is best known for doing: making sh/t OLs play their asses off.

RaiderLifer
01-06-2007, 09:42 PM
Nobody panic...yet...over the Shoop and Trestman talk. Al interviews everyone but his dead mother when we go coach hunting. This isn't unusual.

I like Ryan, provided we replace him at DC with someone who'll play less zone (or at least teach our guys how to play in zone) and blitz more.

OC...man...

Just give me a real OL coach. That's all I want right now. Jerry McDonald has an eye on Tim Davis. He's Hudson Houck's sidekick at Miami. Maybe, just maybe, he could do what his mentor is best known for doing: making sh/t OLs play their asses off.

I know Al likes to pick everybody's brain in these situations but Shoop didn't even earn an honorable discharge let alone a sit down for HC. If we can't get Hudson Houck himself (saying or writing that name always reminds me of that early 90's Bruce Willis movie) than the closest disciple available is who we should get. I like Sarkisian for OC Carroll and Chow have raved about this guy he seems like an up and comer. I could be on board with Trestman as OC if RR was promoted though.

Windy
01-06-2007, 09:48 PM
all signs point to sarkisian

RaiderLifer
01-06-2007, 10:04 PM

I'm cool with that. A young guy, smart offensive mind, not some retread like Fassel, not Shoop, not Shell. Sign me up.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-06-2007, 10:24 PM
I worry that if Ryan isnt the HC then he'll leave and the defence wont be the same obviously without him.we need him on the sidelines.
Thats a kickass sig Windy.

NIN1984
01-06-2007, 10:26 PM

Him or Rob Ryan would be nice, This Shoop talk is insane

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-06-2007, 10:28 PM
I heard that Sarkisian had an interview today with Al.hope it went well.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-06-2007, 10:40 PM
ok i was wrong but hes going to have an interview with Al monday.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-uscfb7jan07,1,3603265.story?coll=la-headlines-sports&ctrack=1&cset=true

Crow
01-07-2007, 12:09 AM
Just as long as Trestman stays gone.

nobodyinparticular
01-07-2007, 01:58 AM
Ryan as HC, Sarkisian as OC, someone that Ryan likes for DC. I'll take it and run with it. Just grab someone who can actually coach some talent on the offensive line.

RaiderLifer
01-07-2007, 03:03 AM
I'm new to this so keep that in mind but here is what I would like to see for the first couple rounds of our draft. First scenario is if we stay at number one the next is if we move down

1. Calvin Johnson WR. (best prospect in the draft IMO)

2. M. Bush RB (If he comes out I love his size speed combo. Kenny Irons if he doesn't)

3a. Aaron Sears OT (Need to start addressing OL not sure really who is the better prospect between him and Ryan Harris insight is appreciated)

3b. (Woodson comp) Trent Edwards QB (I like him more than most. Watched him quite a bit coming from the Bay Area and to me it looked like good QB horrendous team. Plus with one QB on the roster it makes sense to add a cheap third for what will probably be a comp. between Walter and a vet)

4. Manual Ramirez OG (didn't think he would be here this late but I have seen him slipping in other mocks so I thought maybe there was some validity to that.)

5. Rhema McKnight WR (I would love to pick this guy up late. Injury history but if he can fully regain his playmaking ability he would be a steal)

Summary: WR, RB, OT, QB, OG, WR omissions: DT

This next scenario is a little crazier

1. Jamarcus Russell QB (Trade with Cleveland adding their 2nd, 4th and a 4th in 2008. Then trade Cleveland's 2nd and our comp. pick for Woodson 3rd to get back into first. Then trade Moss to ATL for their 3rd)

1b. Levi Brown OT (the few times that I got to watch this guy this year he was grinding defenders into the ground)

2b. Greg Olsen TE (I think he might end up slipping out of the first round based on team needs but if he's not there I say we take Zach Miller one of them should be there)

3a. Paul Williams WR (Physical stud Al will love his speed and with Moss gone maybe Curry can influence him to reach his immense potential)

3b. (ATL) Paul Soliai DT (If we lose Sands, and even if we don't we could use another run stuffer)

4a. Manuel Ramirez OG (If he is here I like him)

4b. Lorenzo Booker RB (Some might think this is a reach but he is going to burn at the combine and Al will love it)

5. Rhema McKnight WR (I said above I really like this guy plus him and Curry could compare scars)

Summary: QB, OT, TE, WR, DT, OG, RB, WR Omissions: nothing except a feature back

What do you guys think? I probably don't know some of the prospects as well as you guys might but I watch a hell of a lot of college and pro football so most of what I know (or think I know) is just from watching the game (as well as playing it for a decade).

Crow
01-07-2007, 03:52 AM
Ryan as HC, Sarkisian as OC, someone that Ryan likes for DC. I'll take it and run with it. Just grab someone who can actually coach some talent on the offensive line.

I'll buy what you're selling.

NIN1984
01-07-2007, 10:58 AM

you should be the raiders gm that's perfect

D4rk 0ne
01-07-2007, 01:45 PM

you should be the raiders gm that's perfect
The tick isn't coming up with a good scenario. It's making that happen. I doubt Sarkisian will come here unless it's as a HC. And I am worried that Ryan will leave if he doesn't get the HC job. The onloy way I see both those guys here is if Sark becomes HC and Al convinces Ryan to stay as DC/Assistant Coach.

AlexDown
01-07-2007, 02:20 PM
This was posted by Oaktown1981

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=4153&line=87907&spln=1

NIN1984
01-07-2007, 02:30 PM
CJ is awesome but I never really wanted him to be a Raider so this news is good to me, Raiders need a QB

you don't need big time WRs to win in todays nfl

Borat
01-07-2007, 02:51 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=4153&line=87907&spln=1

WOW. We knew that coaches don't want to go to Oakland because of the management situation, but to think an elite talent would risk all that money to avoid being selected by the Raiders is unreal.

SubNoize
01-07-2007, 02:54 PM
we should act uninterested bait him into the draft, and then draft and trade for whoever has most interest and have them take russel and get more picks i.e. rivers and manning...

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Ryan as HC, Sarkisian as OC, someone that Ryan likes for DC. I'll take it and run with it. Just grab someone who can actually coach some talent on the offensive line.The thing I like about this is that I worry if Ryan doesnt get the HC position that he'll get pissed and leave.
If we were to hire him as HC and Sarkisian as OC then both have been upgraded to higher positions.that way both are happy.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-07-2007, 02:58 PM
I still hate Peter King.he doesnt know what hes talking about.

raidersfanxxx
01-07-2007, 03:01 PM
wow this is truely sad, nobody wants to be on this team. we are a joke.....its going to take a miracle to turn this thing around

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-07-2007, 03:02 PM
Dont worry now Al will draft AP and then Desean Jackson next year.

jmanz
01-07-2007, 03:17 PM
I still hate Peter King.he doesnt know what hes talking about.

King is indeed a bum.

D4rk 0ne
01-07-2007, 04:11 PM
we should act uninterested bait him into the draft, and then draft and trade for whoever has most interest and have them take russel and get more picks i.e. rivers and manning...
Lol that is a good idea.

Also, doingthisinsteadofwork, I would love to get DeSean next year and although AD isn't my top choice, I wouldn't mind getting him for good value. I'd rather have Lynch though TBH.

portermvp84
01-07-2007, 04:31 PM
What we need to do is clean house and get all of the sore attitudes out of here. And hopefully if we do that then somebody might take interst in us and coach us.

That pisses me off, CJ could easily hold out like randy Moss and Jerry Porter did. Since we doesn't wanna be here then we should take Adrain Peterson.

nobodyinparticular
01-07-2007, 04:45 PM

WOW. We knew that coaches don't want to go to Oakland because of the management situation, but to think an elite talent would risk all that money to avoid being selected by the Raiders is unreal.

Read the original article that the "news" links to. The quote is this:

"There is speculation that Johnson is gauging whether the Oakland Raiders, who own the top pick, would draft him. If so, despite more than $26 million in guarantees, Johnson likely would return to college"

Who is speculating? Crow's mother? And how accurate is this speculation? There is also speculation that Nobodyinparticular has been offered the head coaching job for the Raiders, but turned it down because the $26 million up front wasn't enough to get him to coach the sinking ship that is the Oakland Raiders.

I'm calling BS.

nobodyinparticular
01-07-2007, 05:09 PM
I figured we would be seeing this soon.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/01/07/SPGRDNE8U01.DTL&hw=shoop&sn=001&sc=1000

Offensive coordinator John Shoop is not considered a candidate, and he's already working on a backup plan.

He flew to North Carolina to interview with Tar Heels coach Butch Davis for the offensive coordinator job, three independent sources confirmed Saturday. North Carolina's Davis has already picked Raiders defensive assistant Chuck Pagano as his defensive coordinator.

raidersfanxxx
01-07-2007, 05:19 PM
good get him out of here

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-07-2007, 05:45 PM
thank god.

TheChampIsHere
01-07-2007, 05:55 PM
I'm new to this so keep that in mind but here is what I would like to see for the first couple rounds of our draft. First scenario is if we stay at number one the next is if we move down

2. M. Bush RB (If he comes out I love his size speed combo. Kenny Irons if he doesn't)

3a. Aaron Sears OT (Need to start addressing OL not sure really who is the better prospect between him and Ryan Harris insight is appreciated)

3b. (Woodson comp) Trent Edwards QB (I like him more than most. Watched him quite a bit coming from the Bay Area and to me it looked like good QB horrendous team. Plus with one QB on the roster it makes sense to add a cheap third for what will probably be a comp. between Walter and a vet)

4. Manual Ramirez OG (didn't think he would be here this late but I have seen him slipping in other mocks so I thought maybe there was some validity to that.)

5. Rhema McKnight WR (I would love to pick this guy up late. Injury history but if he can fully regain his playmaking ability he would be a steal)

1. Jamarcus Russell QB (Trade with Cleveland adding their 2nd, 4th and a 4th in 2008. Then trade Cleveland's 2nd and our comp. pick for Woodson 3rd to get back into first. Then trade Moss to ATL for their 3rd)

1b. Levi Brown OT (the few times that I got to watch this guy this year he was grinding defenders into the ground)

2b. Greg Olsen TE (I think he might end up slipping out of the first round based on team needs but if he's not there I say we take Zach Miller one of them should be there)

3a. Paul Williams WR (Physical stud Al will love his speed and with Moss gone maybe Curry can influence him to reach his immense potential)

3b. (ATL) Paul Soliai DT (If we lose Sands, and even if we don't we could use another run stuffer)

4b. Lorenzo Booker RB (Some might think this is a reach but he is going to burn at the combine and Al will love it)

5. Rhema McKnight WR (I said above I really like this guy plus him and Curry could compare scars)

Summary: QB, OT, TE, WR, DT, OG, RB, WR Omissions: nothing except a feature back

What do you guys think? I probably don't know some of the prospects as well as you guys might but I watch a hell of a lot of college and pro football so most of what I know (or think I know) is just from watching the game (as well as playing it for a decade).

one thing is that comp picks are untradeable, so that 2nd scenario wouldnt work out...

another thiing is that Im expecting the Raiders to make some trades in FA. I am really hoping we upgrade our OL and get a legit starting TE through FA. Three guys I am really hopeful we will get are Leonard Davis, Daniel Graham, and Eric Steinbach. obviously, that would change our draft strategy a lot if we get some of these guys.

Paranoidmoonduck
01-07-2007, 06:41 PM
If Calvin Johnson really doesn't want to become a Raider, that makes me immensely sad. I figured him as the one safe shot in this entire draft, a player who reminded me a lot of Torry Holt (only more talented).

Of course, that article seems really questionable, but even the prospect of that makes me sad.

jmanz
01-07-2007, 06:52 PM
If Calvin Johnson really doesn't want to become a Raider, that makes me immensely sad. I figured him as the one safe shot in this entire draft, a player who reminded me a lot of Torry Holt (only more talented).

Of course, that article seems really questionable, but even the prospect of that makes me sad.

I hear ya bro, I was hoping he wouldn't go down that path.

RaiderLifer
01-07-2007, 07:35 PM

one thing is that comp picks are untradeable, so that 2nd scenario wouldnt work out...

another thiing is that Im expecting the Raiders to make some trades in FA. I am really hoping we upgrade our OL and get a legit starting TE through FA. Three guys I am really hopeful we will get are Leonard Davis, Daniel Graham, and Eric Steinbach. obviously, that would change our draft strategy a lot if we get some of these guys.

Didn't know that about comp. picks, thanks. I would love to land Davis but I like Steinbach even more. I would hope that it would happen but some teams out there have the cap space to overspend on guys like that and I can't really see us landing both of them. One, and I would be ecstatic.

On another note I don't believe that blurb about CJ for a second. He seems like a good enough guy to not shy away from a difficult task but rather embrace it.

raidersfanxxx
01-07-2007, 07:52 PM
so i guess my hopes of getting petrino are over. hes now a falcon.

RaiderNation
01-07-2007, 08:42 PM
jamarcus russell is intering the draft. press confrence will be 2marrow according to espn

D4rk 0ne
01-07-2007, 09:45 PM
so i guess my hopes of getting petrino are over. hes now a falcon.
Sarkisian or Ryan then hopefully. Tedford maybe...

HC: Ryan
OC/Assistant: Sarkisian

That would be sooo sweet.

RaiderLifer
01-07-2007, 09:56 PM
I can only see Sark as HC. Why would he leave a great situation in SC just to become our OC? I would love to have Ryan as HC and Sark as OC but I think it will be Sark HC, Trestman OC, and Ryan DC. Although I would prefer someone other than Trestman I could live with that.

NIN1984
01-07-2007, 10:12 PM
I agree if Steve Sarkisian comes to Oakland i'm pretty sure it will be as HC not OC he has no reason to leave USC to just become a OC

D4rk 0ne
01-07-2007, 10:24 PM
Yeah I agree. however, it would still be an upgrade for Sark and Ryan wouldn;t get shafted either. I am worried that Ryan would leave if he doesn't get a promotion... Plus the players love and respect him. Unfortunately it seems like it may be one or the other, unless Ryan is more dedicated to the franchise than his own career.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-07-2007, 10:42 PM
Actually if Sarkisian proves himself as OC in the NFL teams would be more inclined to offer him a HC position.

Chucky
01-07-2007, 10:43 PM
do u think the raiders would even consider taking thomas, considering the past bad experience with robert gallery.

RaiderNation
01-07-2007, 10:59 PM
do u think the raiders would even consider taking thomas, considering the past bad experience with robert gallery.

no chance in hell. CJ,russell or AD are our only people we want IMO

Paranoidmoonduck
01-07-2007, 11:45 PM

I sincerely doubt it.

V. Young
01-07-2007, 11:48 PM
If belotti gets fired from Oregon, I wouldnt mind having him down in oakland.

Paranoidmoonduck
01-08-2007, 12:09 AM

I would. He did a terrible job holding that Oregon team together this year.

V. Young
01-08-2007, 12:35 AM

Maybe last year, look back a little here, he has great detirmination to be the best, give him a chance here I say.

Paranoidmoonduck
01-08-2007, 12:37 AM

Maybe last year, look back a little here, he has great detirmination to be the best, give him a chance here I say.

I'm sorry, if you can't keep your really talented team from crumbling in a fairly easy conference, then you aren't ready to handle the NFL. He hasn't even been really that successful at the college level. His best success was with the team Tedford left him.

V. Young
01-08-2007, 12:39 AM
Well look at it like this the pac 10 is one of the hardest conf. in the collegiate level. Belotti has held a winning season for almost 10 years now, give him a chance, who do you got for us?

Paranoidmoonduck
01-08-2007, 12:46 AM
Well look at it like this the pac 10 is one of the hardest conf. in the collegiate level. Belotti has held a winning season for almost 10 years now, give him a chance, who do you got for us?

I want Ryan. He has the support of our players. If I were to pick a college coach (besides Petrino of course), I'd have to go with Pat Hill. I like that guy.

V. Young
01-08-2007, 12:48 AM
Pat hill from fresno? Why would he leave fresno for the raiders?? And ryan? From where?

Paranoidmoonduck
01-08-2007, 01:00 AM
Pat hill from fresno? Why would he leave fresno for the raiders?? And ryan? From where?

Rob Ryan, our defensive coordinator? Why do you think we would hire a recently fired college coach dude?

V. Young
01-08-2007, 01:02 AM
Yeah, hey man I agree...just trying to get the truth outta ya. no biggie go raids

DraftMichaelHuff
01-08-2007, 01:36 AM
hey guys a question from a falcons fan not overly farmiliar with the raiders. I really like Rob Ryan and what he has done with your defence, just wondering how stable his position is at the raiders, will he be the new HC?.
Now that Atlanta has signed an offensive guru at HC i really want an agressive defensive guru at DC/Assistant Head Coach and id love either Mike Singletary or Rob Ryan.

slightlyaraiderfan
01-08-2007, 01:43 AM
Actually if Sarkisian proves himself as OC in the NFL teams would be more inclined to offer him a HC position.
In the article you linked yesterday, it said he was interviewing for the head coaching job.

slightlyaraiderfan
01-08-2007, 02:04 AM
hey guys a question from a falcons fan not overly farmiliar with the raiders. I really like Rob Ryan and what he has done with your defence, just wondering how stable his position is at the raiders, will he be the new HC?.
Now that Atlanta has signed an offensive guru at HC i really want an agressive defensive guru at DC/Assistant Head Coach and id love either Mike Singletary or Rob Ryan.
If Davis doesn't get his guy, I believe he'll give Ryan the HC job. Last year he missed out on Petrino and Wishenhunt, so he gave the job to somebody in the Raider family...which was Shell.

raidersfanxxx
01-08-2007, 02:10 AM
we need to get a coach now, we got a lot of work to do. i would not mind sark cause he seems like a solid offensive minded HC.

DraftMichaelHuff
01-08-2007, 07:27 AM
If Davis doesn't get his guy, I believe he'll give Ryan the HC job. Last year he missed out on Petrino and Wishenhunt, so he gave the job to somebody in the Raider family...which was Shell.

Thats what i was kinda gettin at, two things, if he got his guy would his guy want his own hand picked staff ie no Rex Ryan. AND/OR is there a chance that Ryan is peeved about not being Al Davis guy and wants out?

Once again just tryin to find out some stuff not implying the above situatuation is what i belive will happen

Crow
01-08-2007, 08:09 AM

Ryan's pretty secure. Al gave him a contract extension before we even had a head coach, and while our defense was playing terribly. Clearly, Al saw something he liked, and it paid off for him this year.

The players are pushing Davis to give Ryan the job. He's been known to give in to player requests with regards to the HC position, so it's a definite possibility. It'd be unusual, considering Al's almost religious dedication to hiring offensive guys as HC. But it's not out of the question considering the support he has from the players.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-08-2007, 09:46 AM
Its good that Ryan has support from the players.Considering what happend this year.

nobodyinparticular
01-08-2007, 11:05 AM

Ryan's pretty secure. Al gave him a contract extension before we even had a head coach, and while our defense was playing terribly. Clearly, Al saw something he liked, and it paid off for him this year.

The players are pushing Davis to give Ryan the job. He's been known to give in to player requests with regards to the HC position, so it's a definite possibility. It'd be unusual, considering Al's almost religious dedication to hiring offensive guys as HC. But it's not out of the question considering the support he has from the players.

Remember when the Raiders were top dogs of the NFL though? It was when Davis elevated a little known linebackers coach, in-house, to head coach. He then became the winningest regular season coach in history. John Madden. What a coincidence, Rob Ryan was a LB coach before being a DC! :wink: I'm really pulling for him as head coach.

slightlyaraiderfan
01-08-2007, 11:25 AM
There's only one thing that worries me about Ryan becoming the HC...and who is hired as the offensive coordinator. Will Ryan be allowed to hire the OC he wants or will Davis, as usual, make that decision? And most of his decisions suck.

NIN1984
01-08-2007, 12:07 PM
Question to Raider fans about drafting a QB?

Is it you don’t want a QB because you don’t like Russell or Quinn or is it you just don’t think Al Davis will draft a QB and you don’t want to get your hopes up?

Windy
01-08-2007, 12:20 PM

Is it you don’t want a QB because you don’t like Russell or Quinn or is it you just don’t think Al Davis will draft a QB and you don’t want to get your hopes up?

I want a qb but Its less likely to happen right now. Once we hire a coach etc then we'll see

slightlyaraiderfan
01-08-2007, 12:32 PM
Of course I would like a QB, at the moment, our situation is in shambles. Brooks, no. Walter, i don't know, he was beat up this year...sacked over 70 times which could mess up his psyche, and I dont know if the organization has confidence anymore.

The top two QBs in the draft have their questions.

portermvp84
01-08-2007, 12:47 PM
I wouldn't mind a QB but I would love to also have AD. I would keep Brooks as aback up and let go of Walter. Like stillraiderfan said we don't know if our organiztion has confindence in him I would hope not and take somebody in the draft. How many of you guys wouldn't mind having AD?

portermvp84
01-08-2007, 01:05 PM
Well I don't know what we did but we don't have Bobby.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2723700

RaiderNation
01-08-2007, 01:46 PM
CJ declared :)

portermvp84
01-08-2007, 01:50 PM
I'm wondering if we did draft him would he do the same this Moss is doing and Porter is doing?

RaiderLifer
01-08-2007, 01:53 PM

This should quite all the "doesn't want to go to the Raiders BS". He is a team first guy and I would be amped if we took him. I will be happy (to varying degrees) with CJ, AD, Russell, and Lynch (if we trade down).

No he won't pull the same BS as Moss and Porter he has more respect and pride than those two idiots

RaiderNation
01-08-2007, 02:03 PM

This should quite all the "doesn't want to go to the Raiders BS". He is a team first guy and I would be amped if we took him. I will be happy (to varying degrees) with CJ, AD, Russell, and Lynch (if we trade down).

No he won't pull the same BS as Moss and Porter he has more respect and pride than those two idiots

we wont trade down to pick lynch. if he drops really far in the 1st and we didnt already pick AD, i could see us trading our 2nd and moss to some1 for that pick and snag him off the board. i agree of the attitude thing with CJ. he seems like a great guy who will be great in the nfl for a long time and wont be a little bz like moss,porter and TO

RaiderLifer
01-08-2007, 02:30 PM

we wont trade down to pick lynch. if he drops really far in the 1st and we didnt already pick AD, i could see us trading our 2nd and moss to some1 for that pick and snag him off the board. i agree of the attitude thing with CJ. he seems like a great guy who will be great in the nfl for a long time and wont be a little bz like moss,porter and TO

Yeah, Al isn't much for trading down but your right I could see us getting back into the first if he falls. I think he is going to burn at the combine but the teams where you would expect him to go (9-15) seem to have much more pressing needs than RB. Perhaps we could trade back into the first to maybe ATL (16) and have a shot. That would be a dream I really like the kid but I have a feeling he is going to rising quite a bit between now and draft day.

raidersfanxxx
01-08-2007, 03:21 PM
yeah, kids goin to be a stud but we have not shot a getting him. does anyone know who else we are interviewing this week?

RaiderNation
01-08-2007, 03:39 PM
yeah, kids goin to be a stud but we have not shot a getting him. does anyone know who else we are interviewing this week?

how can we have no shot at picking him? we got the first pick

raidersfanxxx
01-08-2007, 03:48 PM
we would have to move back quite a bit. i dont think that we are goin to do that.

RaiderLifer
01-08-2007, 03:54 PM
we would have to move back quite a bit. i dont think that we are goin to do that.

You can't see AL trading back into the first with a combo of players and picks? When Al wants someone he is always willing to move up to get him. If Lynch burns at the combine I could see it happening

Paranoidmoonduck
01-08-2007, 04:14 PM

Combination of both. If we indeed do eventually draft a stud quarterback prospect, I want a better team to be in place when he shows up, and I want to be sure that Walter isn't the man.

I'm also not the biggest fan of either Quinn or Russell at this point.

raidersfanxxx
01-08-2007, 04:43 PM
[quote=raidersfanxxx]we would have to move back quite a bit. i dont think that we are goin to do that.

You can't see AL trading back into the first with a combo of players and picks? When Al wants someone he is always willing to move up to get him. If Lynch burns at the combine I could see it happening[/quote

hes most likely going in the 10-15 area so i dont think we can swing that. but hey if we did some how i would be stoked

RaiderLifer
01-08-2007, 04:49 PM
[quote=raidersfanxxx]we would have to move back quite a bit. i dont think that we are goin to do that.

You can't see AL trading back into the first with a combo of players and picks? When Al wants someone he is always willing to move up to get him. If Lynch burns at the combine I could see it happening[/quote

hes most likely going in the 10-15 area so i dont think we can swing that. but hey if we did some how i would be stoked

ATL, SF, Buff, STL, Car, Pitt. are 10-15. I can't see any of them taking a RB in the first. That is the only thing that makes me think it is a possibility. I know I'm just dreaming but damn it would make me happy

raidersfanxxx
01-08-2007, 04:56 PM
im right there with ya man

Vespasian
01-08-2007, 09:12 PM

For me its the notion that QB isn't the right pick for the Raiders at this point.

IMO Walter still deserves a shot at starting and making this his team and with a RB talent like AP available, I think taking a QB this year would be a wasted pick.

Yes both those QB's have had succesful college careers, as did Walter, but I think that a stud RB would be more beneficial to the Raiders at this point than another development project behind center.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-08-2007, 09:33 PM

For me its the notion that QB isn't the right pick for the Raiders at this point.

IMO Walter still deserves a shot at starting and making this his team and with a RB talent like AP available, I think taking a QB this year would be a wasted pick.

Yes both those QB's have had succesful college careers, as did Walter, but I think that a stud RB would be more beneficial to the Raiders at this point than another development project behind center.I couldnt agree more.

V. Young
01-08-2007, 10:42 PM

Yes both those QB's have had succesful college careers, as did Walter, but I think that a stud RB would be more beneficial to the Raiders at this point than another development project behind center.I couldnt agree more.Now walter had a chance and he blew it, they need a QB take J russ, or Brady Quinn. Look at the obvious walter hasnt dont crap for us.

Windy
01-08-2007, 10:44 PM
is anyone here a premium member at raiderfans.net

RaiderNation
01-08-2007, 10:49 PM

not me

Vespasian
01-08-2007, 10:52 PM

Yes both those QB's have had succesful college careers, as did Walter, but I think that a stud RB would be more beneficial to the Raiders at this point than another development project behind center.

I couldnt agree more.

Now walter had a chance and he blew it, they need a QB take J russ, or Brady Quinn. Look at the obvious walter hasnt dont crap for us.

No, Walter didn't have a real shot at making this HIS team. He wasn't the man this year, he was a backup who came off the bench for an injured starter and was put back on the bench when the starter was healthy.

Walter needs to be the #1 in camp and at the start of the season. He needs to be given the opportunity to make this his team and become a leader on and off the field.

If he can do those things then I think we will do just fine at QB. If he can't than we'll have to go shopping.

As for Walter not having done anything for the Raiders I would suggest you look at who the starting QB was for the 2 wins this season. I believe that you'll find it wasn't Brooks.

At this point drafting either QB this year will simply mean that we will have to wait another year (most likely) for them to start. Then we'll have to give them a year or two more to develop and deliver. Besides Walter's already here, he knows the players, he knows the organization and he has proven that he can perform at the NFL level.

What we need to find out is if he can perform on a consistent basis.

RaiderNation
01-08-2007, 10:54 PM

Yes both those QB's have had succesful college careers, as did Walter, but I think that a stud RB would be more beneficial to the Raiders at this point than another development project behind center.I couldnt agree more.Now walter had a chance and he blew it, they need a QB take J russ, or Brady Quinn. Look at the obvious walter hasnt dont crap for us.

walter didnt have a chance last year. behind this oline, no1 could suceed. i could only see a mobile qb thats a leader that could succeed. plus he had moss and porter as his wrs

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-08-2007, 11:26 PM

walter didnt have a chance last year. behind this oline, no1 could suceed. i could only see a mobile qb thats a leader that could succeed. plus he had moss and porter as his wrshe never had Porter as a WR he had Track Star instead.

Windy
01-09-2007, 12:29 AM
http://www.ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/

looks like the hiring could get done quicker this year.

sweetness34
01-09-2007, 12:31 AM
Breaking News:

Nick Saban is now going to coach the Oakland Raiders.

"Saying he hadn't changed enough job positions in the past 2 years, Saban decided to spurn Alabama for Oakland after telling his future players he would be coaching them in the SEC next year.

After becoming the coach in Oakland, expect Saban to jump ship again for the Arizona job."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Windy
01-09-2007, 12:32 AM
Breaking News:

"Saying he hadn't changed enough job positions in the past 2 years, Saban decided to spurn Alabama for Oakland after telling his future players he would be coaching them in the SEC next year.

After becoming the coach in Oakland, expect Saban to jump ship again for the Arizona job."

I'd rather have Mike Tice and Denny Green as co-assistants. :cry:

sweetness34
01-09-2007, 12:35 AM
Breaking News:

I'd rather have Mike Tice and Denny Green as co-assistants. :cry:

Yea, that'd be a killer duo. I'd just like to see Denny's press conferences after his losses again. :lol:

Windy
01-09-2007, 12:37 AM
it would also make for a great reality show on espn2.

sweetness34
01-09-2007, 12:42 AM
it would also make for a great reality show on espn2.

:lol:

snailplow
01-09-2007, 12:52 AM

Yes,I am.......why do you ask?

slightlyaraiderfan
01-09-2007, 12:58 AM

I like.

Windy
01-09-2007, 01:00 AM

j/w. its the best money ive spent

raidersfanxxx
01-09-2007, 01:33 AM

I like.

lets make this happen AL.

bearsfan_51
01-09-2007, 01:49 AM
One of the interesting aspects of the job search is an information split regarding the status of John Shoop, the Raiders assistant who started the season as tight ends coach and replaced Tom Walsh for the final five games of the season as offensive coordinator.

Some outlets are reporting Shoop is out of the loop and hoping to land an offensive coordinator's position at North Carolina.

I talked with a source Monday night who classified the leading candidates as Sarkisian and Shoop. Shoop is said to be eager for a resolution so he can pursue other opportunities if the Raiders job doesn't work out.

Shoop interviewed with Davis for the head coaching position last season. The other in-house candidate is defensive coordinator Rob Ryan, although Davis would prefer to return the job to a play-caller and allow Ryan to continue to run the defense.

slightlyaraiderfan
01-09-2007, 02:01 AM
One of the interesting aspects of the job search is an information split regarding the status of John Shoop, the Raiders assistant who started the season as tight ends coach and replaced Tom Walsh for the final five games of the season as offensive coordinator.

Some outlets are reporting Shoop is out of the loop and hoping to land an offensive coordinator's position at North Carolina.

I talked with a source Monday night who classified the leading candidates as Sarkisian and Shoop. Shoop is said to be eager for a resolution so he can pursue other opportunities if the Raiders job doesn't work out.

Shoop interviewed with Davis for the head coaching position last season. The other in-house candidate is defensive coordinator Rob Ryan, although Davis would prefer to return the job to a play-caller and allow Ryan to continue to run the defense.

When is that from?

Offensive coordinator John Shoop is not considered a candidate, and he's already working on a backup plan.

He flew to North Carolina to interview with Tar Heels coach Butch Davis for the offensive coordinator job, three independent sources confirmed Saturday. North Carolina's Davis has already picked Raiders defensive assistant Chuck Pagano as his defensive coordinator.

bearsfan_51
01-09-2007, 02:03 AM

When is that from?

He flew to North Carolina to interview with Tar Heels coach Butch Davis for the offensive coordinator job, three independent sources confirmed Saturday. North Carolina's Davis has already picked Raiders defensive assistant Chuck Pagano as his defensive coordinator. \
From the link that Windy just provided that said the USC coach was the frontrunner.

slightlyaraiderfan
01-09-2007, 02:08 AM
Must have missed that part, I think and hope it's just pity that we're showing Shoop.

NIN1984
01-09-2007, 08:59 AM
Oh god here we ago again with Shoop :?

anyway Al Davis is on the front page 8)

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-09-2007, 10:00 AM
Oh god here we ago again with Shoop :?

anyway Al Davis is on the front page 8) 8)

RaiderLifer
01-09-2007, 12:15 PM

I am as well. Damn good site.

raidersfanxxx
01-09-2007, 01:20 PM

do you have to be a premium member to just be on that site now??....cause i cant even go into forums anymore :evil:

slightlyaraiderfan
01-09-2007, 01:31 PM

do you have to be a premium member to just be on that site now??....cause i cant even go into forums anymore :evil:
No you don't, you don't have to pay for the forums.

raidersfanxxx
01-09-2007, 01:58 PM
for some reason it wont let me. i use to be able to only read posts and thats it. now it wont let me access the forums.....i dunno

Paranoidmoonduck
01-09-2007, 04:01 PM
I'm going to be very interested to see what kind of blocking scheme we use next year. It is no mystery that our team struggled with the switch from a semi zone blocking scheme to Shell's old-school one-on-one blocking scheme. However, towards the end of the year they started playing a lot better. I'm curious as to whether we'll abandon Shell's plan and go back to a more zone-like scheme or continue the course (which, if pulled off correctly could be pretty damn cool).

RaiderNation
01-09-2007, 04:09 PM
if lammar woodley is their in the 2nd would we grab him? we can play DE and OLB for us. kind of like shaun merriman for the chargers. hes fast enough for both positions

slightlyaraiderfan
01-09-2007, 04:11 PM
if lammar woodley is their in the 2nd would we grab him? we can play DE and OLB for us. kind of like shaun merriman for the chargers. hes fast enough for both positions
He would be a nice pick up, but I would prefer offense. Someone is bound to drop.

RaiderNation
01-09-2007, 04:15 PM
He would be a nice pick up, but I would prefer offense. Someone is bound to drop.

if shark or siddney rice is their in the 2nd would u pick one of them over woodley? thats if we dont draft CJ in the first

Paranoidmoonduck
01-09-2007, 04:15 PM
I wouldn't mind Woodley at all, in fact I'd be pretty damn happy with it. However, I don't think he can play 4-3 linebacker.

slightlyaraiderfan
01-09-2007, 04:17 PM
If both Moss and Porter are gone, then yes...you have to look at someone like Rice.

RaiderNation
01-09-2007, 04:19 PM
all woodley has to d is get stronger and hed be a good DE. it says he can get dominated my bigger OL men. he has the speed and if he gains around 10 pounds of muscle he'd be great on the other side of burgess and having sapp and kelly/sands

Paranoidmoonduck
01-09-2007, 04:22 PM
all woodley has to d is get stronger and hed be a good DE. it says he can get dominated my bigger OL men. he has the speed and if he gains around 10 pounds of muscle he'd be great on the other side of burgess and having sapp and kelly/sands

We'll see if he even puts up the kind of numbers that will impress Al at the combine. He's the kind of player who is better than his measurables will indicate.

RaiderNation
01-09-2007, 04:28 PM
also in some of the mock drafts it has moses dropping into the 2nd. would we draft him? hes a really good DE. thought to be be a top 15 pick

RaiderLifer
01-09-2007, 05:23 PM
also in some of the mock drafts it has moses dropping into the 2nd. would we draft him? hes a really good DE. thought to be be a top 15 pick

I would be happy with either of them. I just wish OT was as deep as WR/DE is this year

Windy
01-09-2007, 05:23 PM
if we dont go Calvin Johnson in the first i'd like to grab sidney rice or jeff samardijiza if their available at #33. pretty good value in this deep wr class.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-09-2007, 06:18 PM
I wouldnt take Woodley in the 2nd.
A NT is a must need at this point.when you have LJ,LT,and Shannahan's scheme in your division you better have a good run D.
Id take Tank Tyler over Woodley.

TheChampIsHere
01-09-2007, 06:35 PM
I'm going to be very interested to see what kind of blocking scheme we use next year. It is no mystery that our team struggled with the switch from a semi zone blocking scheme to Shell's old-school one-on-one blocking scheme. However, towards the end of the year they started playing a lot better. I'm curious as to whether we'll abandon Shell's plan and go back to a more zone-like scheme or continue the course (which, if pulled off correctly could be pretty damn cool).

this is a good point, something that not enough people realize. I think we gotta stick with what we've been doing, it was starting to work.

NIN1984
01-09-2007, 06:37 PM
Best news ever!

Raiders | Shoop not a candidate for coaching job
Tue, 9 Jan 2007 06:52:42 -0800

Jason Jones, of the Sacramento Bee, reports Oakland Raiders offensive coordinator John Shoop, once considered the front-runner for the team's head coaching vacancy, is not considered a candidate to replace Art Shell, according to a team source. "It doesn't make sense, any kind of sense," the source said. "It doesn't make logical sense, common sense or 50 cents." Shoop is expected to interview for the offensive coordinator job at North Carolina.

D4rk 0ne
01-09-2007, 06:48 PM
That is hilarious and encouraging.

LookItsAlDavis
01-09-2007, 07:01 PM
Best news ever!

Jason Jones, of the Sacramento Bee, reports Oakland Raiders offensive coordinator John Shoop, once considered the front-runner for the team's head coaching vacancy, is not considered a candidate to replace Art Shell, according to a team source. "It doesn't make sense, any kind of sense," the source said. "It doesn't make logical sense, common sense or 50 cents." Shoop is expected to interview for the offensive coordinator job at North Carolina.

I heard something similar to that about Art Shell being fired..........

raidersfanxxx
01-09-2007, 07:23 PM
Best news ever!

yesssssss!! i pretty much knew that he was not a legit front runner for HC. just glad to see it in stone.

RaiderNation
01-09-2007, 10:57 PM
sweet, no shoop for us 8)

RaiderNation
01-09-2007, 11:17 PM
also if we draft CJ and say russell drops really far into the draft around the 20th pick ( like what happened to rogers in 05), so u think al would make a move to get him? mayb trading our 2nd and moss and another late round pick to get him?

raidersfanxxx
01-09-2007, 11:30 PM
yes, but i just cant see him falling that far. that would be a match made in heven.

Raidernation55
01-09-2007, 11:44 PM
also if we draft CJ and say russell drops really far into the draft around the 20th pick ( like what happened to rogers in 05), so u think al would make a move to get him? mayb trading our 2nd and moss and another late round pick to get him?

Im pretty sure Al would do it. I just highly doubt he will fall that far

RaiderNation
01-09-2007, 11:45 PM
yes, but i just cant see him falling that far. that would be a match made in heven.

acually it could happen, detriot will pick quinn or thomas, he just needs to slip past miami,carolina and jacksonville. if he does he would be open at pick number 18. then we just need to convince one of the next few teams to take moss and our 2nd and then he's ours. in the last 10 picks bal,KC,and philly could take him and probably wont. kc would if trent retires but i see them taking brohm over russell. he could fall to the 2nd if that happens cuz those are the only teams that r dieing for a qb

bearsfan_51
01-10-2007, 12:02 AM
HUUUUGE difference between Russell and Rogers. Rogers was a guy that a lot of people thought could be a top 5 pick because it was a class very weak in QB's. Most did not consider him truely an elite QB prospect in the same manner Russell is. When the Niners took Alex Smith and the Bucs passed, it all but promised his freefall. I can't see Russell falling out of the top 10 based on pure ability alone. Someone will take a flier.

Paranoidmoonduck
01-10-2007, 12:34 AM
HUUUUGE difference between Russell and Rogers. Rogers was a guy that a lot of people thought could be a top 5 pick because it was a class very weak in QB's. Most did not consider him truely an elite QB prospect in the same manner Russell is. When the Niners took Alex Smith and the Bucs passed, it all but promised his freefall. I can't see Russell falling out of the top 10 based on pure ability alone. Someone will take a flier.

Perhaps, but there are some similarities. It depends on how many teams fall in love with Russell. The deal with Rodgers was the only team who seriously considered him to be a top pick was the Niners, and as soon as they went with Smith he fell. The same could happen with Russell (not that I think it will).

raidersfanxxx
01-10-2007, 12:42 AM
anyone have any updates on sark comein to oak-town?

Windy
01-10-2007, 01:04 AM
you should check this out everyday its pretty good. he just updated it.

this just made me excited

– There's talk of a prominent college coach potentially interviewing with the Raiders, although he won't be named in this space until it's confirmed beyond a reasonable doubt . . . relax, Cal fans, it's not Jeff Tedford.

its not pat hill because he already stated he doesnt want it. who could it be?

nobodyinparticular
01-10-2007, 01:15 AM
you should check this out everyday its pretty good. he just updated it.

this just made me excited

– There's talk of a prominent college coach potentially interviewing with the Raiders, although he won't be named in this space until it's confirmed beyond a reasonable doubt . . . relax, Cal fans, it's not Jeff Tedford.

its not pat hill because he already stated he doesnt want it. who could it be?

Hmmmm... Prominent coach. Surely he's not talking about Weiss... What and Al Davis move though, eh?

slightlyaraiderfan
01-10-2007, 01:16 AM
Weiss! 8)

Paranoidmoonduck
01-10-2007, 01:24 AM
Could it possibly be Carroll? Would he talk to both the head coach and offensive coordinator of USC?

Windy
01-10-2007, 01:27 AM
the only way i could ever see weis getting the job is if davis promised him full control and brady quinn. that would still be hard to believe. i just hope its not someone like tyrone willingham.

nobodyinparticular
01-10-2007, 01:34 AM
Could it possibly be Carroll? Would he talk to both the head coach and offensive coordinator of USC?

Carroll's big thing about his past experience in the NFL is that he didn't have enough control. There is no way he would come to the Raiders then.

What if everyone is getting the wrong Shoop here? What if we're going to talk to Bob Shoop?

Paranoidmoonduck
01-10-2007, 01:37 AM
What if it's Urban Meyer!!?

nobodyinparticular
01-10-2007, 01:40 AM

That was a name that popped into my head as well. Maybe Joe Paterno? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though... Who are some other "big names" in college football?

Windy
01-10-2007, 01:41 AM

lol

this is the guy imo. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Leach

He's from Northern California and he loves pirates.

Texas Tech coach Mike Leach has a well-documented interest in pirates. He even worked in a pirate reference during his postgame interview on ABC after the win over Texas A&M.

"Sometimes a pirate can beat a soldier," he said.

But pirates are no longer the leader among Leach's off-the-wall references. That honor goes to Irish mobsters. He loves the Showtime show Brother Hood about the Irish mob and said he's about to begin a book on the subject.

slightlyaraiderfan
01-10-2007, 01:43 AM
I'm trying to think of names that would be "prominent" enough for Davis...not much coming to mind.

Komp
01-10-2007, 08:42 AM
What about Bob Stoops from Oklahoma [I think someone said him already but confused with John Shoop]? OU is in a rebuilding mode and I don't think Stoops has ever coached in the NFL yet. That being said, I'd rather have Ryan as our HC and Sarkisian as the OC. That would be sweet.

PS - You never know, it could be Carroll. He wouldn't have to uproot his whole family to coach the Raiders like he would have to go to Miami.

portermvp84
01-10-2007, 09:43 AM
What about Bob Stoops from Oklahoma [I think someone said him already but confused with John Shoop]? OU is in a rebuilding mode and I don't think Stoops has ever coached in the NFL yet. That being said, I'd rather have Ryan as our HC and Sarkisian as the OC. That would be sweet.

PS - You never know, it could be Carroll. He wouldn't have to uproot his whole family to coach the Raiders like he would have to go to Miami.

I would love Carroll, but Bob Stoops he's the kind of guy that would go to Miami where he has more talent to work with. And more willing attitiudes if anything.

portermvp84
01-10-2007, 09:44 AM

That was a name that popped into my head as well. Maybe Joe Paterno? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

One name out there is a big possibility is Kirk Ferentz out of Iowa it's about time they let him go because he couldn't work with talent if it bit him square in the ass. He could be someone to look at.

jbombul
01-10-2007, 10:18 AM
J-russell and Joe Staley in my newest mock for you guys

Grizzlegom
01-10-2007, 10:24 AM

hahahahaha JoePa. u would have the oldest owner-coach duo ever.

Lloyd Carr of the university of Michigan would be a great fit for oakland. hes likes to cheat and teaches his players to play dirty. sounds like the classic raiders kind of guy to me.

slightlyaraiderfan
01-10-2007, 12:16 PM
this is the guy imo. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Leach

He's from Northern California and he loves pirates.

Texas Tech coach Mike Leach has a well-documented interest in pirates. He even worked in a pirate reference during his postgame interview on ABC after the win over Texas A&M.

"Sometimes a pirate can beat a soldier," he said.

But pirates are no longer the leader among Leach's off-the-wall references. That honor goes to Irish mobsters. He loves the Showtime show Brother Hood about the Irish mob and said he's about to begin a book on the subject.

Nice find.

portermvp84
01-10-2007, 12:35 PM

Lloyd Carr of the university of Michigan would be a great fit for oakland. hes likes to cheat and teaches his players to play dirty. sounds like the classic raiders kind of guy to me.

Joe Paterno would never leave PSU he's been there for over 50 years at least. He would never leave PSU for us.

locseti
01-10-2007, 01:02 PM

Joe Paterno would never leave PSU he's been there for over 50 years at least. He would never leave PSU for us.

omg

slightlyaraiderfan
01-10-2007, 01:10 PM

It was a joke ..

portermvp84
01-10-2007, 01:35 PM
I know.

Windy
01-10-2007, 02:24 PM
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2007/01/10/SPG8QNG4EG1.DTL

RaiderLifer
01-10-2007, 02:33 PM
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2007/01/10/SPG8QNG4EG1.DTL

I don't know how I feel about him. Hated him in STL, he is kind of a loose cannon, and a horrible game manager when it comes to timeouts, challenges, etc. On the other hand his record was great and his offense was outstanding. I think if we hired him I would end up going into the season very optimistic but I would prefer Ryan or Sark.

locseti
01-10-2007, 02:36 PM
I have to admit I've always liked Martz and would not be dissapointed if he was hired...The players in Oakland have always had control and as long as Al continues to set the environment out there, a 'disciplinarian' is not the answer. The big thing with Shell is that he was the one who was going to straighten these players out, eliminate penalties, cahnge the image of the Raiders. A HOFer that they were supposed to repsect and it it actually became worse than when Norvel was here. I'm not saying that this is the way it should be, but this is the way it is. Winning solves alot.

RaiderLifer
01-10-2007, 02:37 PM
I have to admit I've always liked Martz and would not be dissapointed if he was hired...The players in Oakland have always had control and as long as Al continues to set the environment out there, a 'disciplinarian' is not the answer. The big thing with Shell is that he was the one who was going to straighten these players out, eliminate penalties, cahnge the image of the Raiders. A HOFer that they were supposed to repsect and it it actually became worse than when Norvel was here. I'm not saying that this is the way it should be, but this is the way it is. Winning solves alot.

I could be on board with Matz but I like to see more of a running game than he usually features.

locseti
01-10-2007, 02:39 PM

I could be on board with Matz but I like to see more of a running game than he usually features.

Marshall Faulk did pretty well...SHort passes and screens often substitue for running plays...and when your line isnt that great, you have to create space.

locseti
01-10-2007, 02:43 PM
Kevin Jones was also having a good year before he went down. Pretty sure that if we have a good back, Martz will find a way to utilize him.

raiderfan4life
01-10-2007, 02:44 PM
Raiders | Davis to act swiftly
Wed, 10 Jan 2007 07:13:58 -0800

Steve Corkran, of the Contra Costa Times, reports Oakland Raiders managing general partner Al Davis is not expected to take long to decide upon the team's next head coach. A decision could come as soon as this weekend.

slightlyaraiderfan
01-10-2007, 02:44 PM
I wouldn't even want him as a OC, he loves 5-7 step drops...and we just don't have the people to execute his offense.

RaiderLifer
01-10-2007, 02:45 PM

Marshall Faulk did pretty well...SHort passes and screens often substitue for running plays...and when your line isnt that great, you have to create space.

Our current RB's couldn't hold Faulk's jock if they all got together and used both hands. Anything he does will be a vast improvement over what we have done recently so I can't really be picky.

locseti
01-10-2007, 02:51 PM
That's why I also mentioned Kevin Jones.

We have the WR's to execute his offense, and the draft. CJ?? And I think he'd alter his playbook accordingly. The only question would be the line, but that has to be addressed regardless.

RaiderNation
01-10-2007, 04:20 PM
if we hire martz id want him at OC and ryan at HC. then promote one of the dline coaches,lb coaches or db coaches to DC

Windy
01-10-2007, 07:00 PM
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9918911

raidersfanxxx
01-10-2007, 07:02 PM

Steve Corkran, of the Contra Costa Times, reports Oakland Raiders managing general partner Al Davis is not expected to take long to decide upon the team's next head coach. A decision could come as soon as this weekend.

the wait is killing me!

GiantRutgersFan
01-10-2007, 07:16 PM
Current Picks: #1, #33, #65

does anyone else think that the Raiders, if they are smart, can turn their franchise around easily? They should trade the #1 pick to the Redskins, who need a franchise QB. Trade em for #6, #38, and 3rd next season.

Current Picks: #6, #33, #38, #65

Trade #6 to a team such as the Tennesee Titans, who desperately want to add a star reciever to complement Vince Young. Titans would give their first and second round picks, plus a 2nd next year.

Current Picks: #19, #33, #38, #51, #65 (plus a 2nd and 3rd rounder in 2008)

Then they can draft

19- Brian Brohm QB
33- Joe Staley OT
38- Micheal Bush RB
51- Josh Beekman OG
65- Ben Grubbs OG

I mean, that would be a great draft and would help their O line out immensely. Probably would improve em to 6-10 and next year they would have extra picks as well.

The Raiders really are in a position to better themselves, but they have so many holes that trading down is neccesary, if at all possible

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-10-2007, 08:20 PM

does anyone else think that the Raiders, if they are smart, can turn their franchise around easily? They should trade the #1 pick to the Redskins, who need a franchise QB. Trade em for #6, #38, and 3rd next season.

Trade #6 to a team such as the Tennesee Titans, who desperately want to add a star reciever to complement Vince Young. Titans would give their first and second round picks, plus a 2nd next year.

Then they can draft

19- Brian Brohm QB
33- Joe Staley OT
38- Micheal Bush RB
51- Josh Beekman OG
65- Ben Grubbs OG

I mean, that would be a great draft and would help their O line out immensely. Probably would improve em to 6-10 and next year they would have extra picks as well.

The Raiders really are in a position to better themselves, but they have so many holes that trading down is neccesary, if at all possibleno it wouldnt what are you talking about?
Im sorry didnt the redskins make a large investment in a 1st ROund QB in the 05 draft?
It would be losing alot of talent by making those trades.
Michael Bush is gonna get himself hurt with that funky running style of his.
Al Davis wont draft 1st ROund QBs.
How would adding two gaurds help the OLine?McNasty and Boothe were rookie starters this year and were considered major sleepers in the draft.
Not to mention that Boothe actually played on the upside of solid.

RaiderLifer
01-10-2007, 08:58 PM

Then they can draft

19- Brian Brohm QB
33- Joe Staley OT
38- Micheal Bush RB
51- Josh Beekman OG
65- Ben Grubbs OG

The Raiders really are in a position to better themselves, but they have so many holes that trading down is neccesary, if at all possible

Horrible. Jason Campbell is the QB of the future in Wash. I hope you arenot referring to CJ as the star WR because he won't be there. I am all for trading down to acquire more picks but let's be realistic.

Windy
01-10-2007, 09:02 PM
why would the redskins want a new qb?

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-10-2007, 09:05 PM
AP declaring tommorow. :D :D :D

nobodyinparticular
01-10-2007, 09:47 PM

I'm getting the feeling that we're looking at Sarkisian being introduced as the HC very soon. I am really coming around to that idea. Make him the head coach, let him bring in his offensive staff. Let him hire a top notch offensive line coach, just make sure he brings a balanced offense to the table. Or else err on the side of a heavy ground game. The QB can't get sacked if he doesn't drop back to pass, right? That will protect the investment in Russell, Quinn or Walter until this offensive line learns how to pass block.

RaiderLifer
01-10-2007, 09:53 PM

I'm getting the feeling that we're looking at Sarkisian being introduced as the HC very soon. I am really coming around to that idea. Make him the head coach, let him bring in his offensive staff. Let him hire a top notch offensive line coach, just make sure he brings a balanced offense to the table. Or else err on the side of a heavy ground game. The QB can't get sacked if he doesn't drop back to pass, right? That will protect the investment in Russell, Quinn or Walter until this offensive line learns how to pass block.

Sounds good to me :lol:

locseti
01-10-2007, 10:02 PM

This is the ideal situation (and seemingly the most probable), but if for some reason we can't get him, I'd want Martz.