PDA

View Full Version : Oakland Raiders Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13

locseti
01-10-2007, 10:08 PM
I just get the feeling that Sarkesian will pull a Petrino. Hope I'm wrong.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-10-2007, 10:09 PM
I just get the feeling that Sarkesian will pull a Petrino. Hope I'm wrong.I dont.I wouldnt be suprised if Sark is named HC by the end of the week.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-10-2007, 10:20 PM
I think in the 08 draft Al should select Brady Leaf.just to piss off San Diego fans.

locseti
01-10-2007, 10:25 PM
I think in the 08 draft Al should select Brady Leaf.just to piss off San Diego fans.

I dont see how Charger fans would get pissed off. They'd just point and laugh.

RaiderNation
01-10-2007, 10:59 PM
I just get the feeling that Sarkesian will pull a Petrino. Hope I'm wrong.I dont.I wouldnt be suprised if Sark is named HC by the end of the week.

i would be very happy to see him as the raiders HC. im a usc fan and what hes done with them is amazing. mayb him and ryan at DC can get us back in the playoffs

Raidernation55
01-10-2007, 11:02 PM

i would be very happy to see him as the raiders HC. im a usc fan and what hes done with them is amazing. mayb him and ryan at DC can get us back in the playoffs

Same here bro. Wut he has done at USC is amazing. Hope he can do it here

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-10-2007, 11:03 PM

I dont see how Charger fans would get pissed off. They'd just point and laugh.they sure didnt last year at the holiday bowl.they boood him the whole entire game.

RaiderNation
01-10-2007, 11:10 PM
also i think jeremy shockey is gonna be a FA. id want him or tony gonzalses. give us a great option to pass to and im pretty sure they both r good blockers

raidersfanxxx
01-10-2007, 11:11 PM
if srak does come here do you think he would bring kiffin with him?

Komp
01-10-2007, 11:15 PM
possibly, I'm guessing Lane would take the now vacated OC job at USC tho...

TheChampIsHere
01-10-2007, 11:28 PM
I wouldnt mind Sark as either our HC or OC. Him or Ryan seems pretty solid to me. If the Raiders do offer him the job, I cant see any way he turns it down.

As for TE situation, Im pretty sure Shockey is not a FA and the Chiefs will franchise Tony. I have my mind set on Daniel Graham right now. Eric Johnson could be a decent pickup also if we dont get Graham or Tony, or Shockey if im wrong.

raidersfanxxx
01-10-2007, 11:34 PM
i would not mind picking up zack miller or greg olsen up in the draft either

RaiderNation
01-10-2007, 11:42 PM
I wouldnt mind Sark as either our HC or OC. Him or Ryan seems pretty solid to me. If the Raiders do offer him the job, I cant see any way he turns it down.

As for TE situation, Im pretty sure Shockey is not a FA and the Chiefs will franchise Tony. I have my mind set on Daniel Graham right now. Eric Johnson could be a decent pickup also if we dont get Graham or Tony, or Shockey if im wrong.

ive been hearing on espn that i think the giants might release him or something. or he is a UFA or RFA

RaiderLifer
01-11-2007, 12:17 AM
Sark has stated he wants the job so all that is left is Al to decide. Make the call Al :x

RaiderNation
01-11-2007, 12:28 AM
Sark has stated he wants the job so all that is left is Al to decide. Make the call Al :x

wheres the link that says that?

RaiderLifer
01-11-2007, 12:39 AM

Sorry it took me awhile to find it

"I'm going for this job 100 percent," Sarkisian said. "I'm solely focused on this job with the Oakland Raiders."

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/sports/football/nfl/oakland_raiders/16416700.htm

RaiderLifer
01-11-2007, 12:44 AM

"I'm going for this job 100 percent," Sarkisian said. "I'm solely focused on this job with the Oakland Raiders."

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/sports/football/nfl/oakland_raiders/16416700.htm

Cool, huh?

RaiderNation
01-11-2007, 12:56 AM

Cool, huh?

sweet. the next grudan for us. didnt know he was 32!!!!! could be our coach for a long time. him and ryan should turn s around in 2-3 years

locseti
01-11-2007, 01:07 AM

Thanks for posting this, my hopes are signifigantly higher now :D :D

RaiderLifer
01-11-2007, 01:19 AM

Thanks for posting this, my hopes are signifigantly higher now :D
:D

Yeah, seems like he is on board now we just need the trigger pulled. 8)

nobodyinparticular
01-11-2007, 01:29 AM

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I would be so excited to see a young offensive guy like Sark come in here to coach us. Like many have said before, he would be like Jon Gruden all over again.

NIN1984
01-11-2007, 09:31 AM
I would be happy with Sarkisian or Ryan as Head Coach, but we'll see what Al does...

NIN1984
01-11-2007, 10:00 AM
Skip Bayless just said Raiders should trade the #1 pick to the Packers for Bret Favre

:roll:

portermvp84
01-11-2007, 11:27 AM
Skip Bayless just said Raiders should trade the #1 pick to the Packers for Bret Favre

Yeah let me tell you that's a good investment. :roll:

raidersfanxxx
01-11-2007, 01:05 PM
i wish i could get paid to go on t.v and talk complete nonsense.

nobodyinparticular
01-11-2007, 01:07 PM

And this is why I do not take ESPN seriously.

RaiderLifer
01-11-2007, 01:25 PM

And this is why I do not take ESPN seriously.

Skip might be the biggest idiot in the history of sports commentary....seriously.

Windy
01-11-2007, 01:31 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2007/01/11/SPGDVNGE321.DTL

Fassel to interview.

locseti
01-11-2007, 01:40 PM
I was just wondering why Sarkesian left the first time, was it because a different coaching staff came in and didn't offer him his job?

WOuld you guys be cool with Sarkesian at HC and Trestman at OC again?

Trestman was the Raiders offensive coordinator from 2002-03. In his first season as coordinator, the Raiders had the No. 1 overall and passing offense in the NFL, quarterback Rich Gannon was the league MVP and the Raiders reached the Super Bowl.

Even though we dont have Gannon and his NC State offense was garbage?

RaiderLifer
01-11-2007, 01:44 PM
Sark was just interviewed on Sirius NFL Radio. I don't have Sirius (XM came with my truck) but here is a recap from another forum.

-Talked about interviewing with Davis, said it was an enjoyable experience
-Kept in touch with the pulse of the NFL while at USC- popularity of zone blitzes, new pass blocking schemes
-Seems very excited about the prospect of coaching in Oakland
-One of the interviewers mentioned that Gannon would support this hiring...his name seems to be popping up a lot. Speculation though.
-Asked about Quinn/Russell-
Quinn- 4 year starter, dramatic improvements over the course of his career at ND. Can you put him in as a rookie? Sark- yes, as early as possible because of how much he has played
Russell- little bit of a mystery, more of a raw talent. Bigger version of
Culpepper. Big upside.
-Seems like he prefers Quinn to Russell
-On Dwayne Jarrett- Sark thinks he'll be great (who knows, but of course he'll say that)
-Are you mentally tough enough to turn this thing around in Oakland? "Absolutely"

Sounds good to me :lol: :lol: :lol:

slightlyaraiderfan
01-11-2007, 01:44 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2007/01/11/SPGDVNGE321.DTL

Fassel to interview.
He has a lot of HC experience, thats about the only thing I like about him.

RaiderLifer
01-11-2007, 01:47 PM
I was just wondering why Sarkesian left the first time, was it because a different coaching staff came in and didn't offer him his job?

WOuld you guys be cool with Sarkesian at HC and Trestman at OC again?

Trestman was the Raiders offensive coordinator from 2002-03. In his first season as coordinator, the Raiders had the No. 1 overall and passing offense in the NFL, quarterback Rich Gannon was the league MVP and the Raiders reached the Super Bowl.

Even though we dont have Gannon and his NC State offense was garbage?

I think it was because of the chance to be Asst. Head Coach at SC. I only think that because we know if Al likes you (and it appears he does) he will retain you no matter who the next coach wants. I think I could be on board with Trestman, his NC State O was horrid but they didn't have any QB to speak of. We know Porter loves the man so maybe he would stick around if Trestman is back....I have really grown to hate JP though :evil:

RaiderLifer
01-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Just say no to Fassel. Another retread who just got fired for ineffectiveness as an OC :x :x :x

RaiderLifer
01-11-2007, 07:18 PM
Where do you guys see Bush going in the second. I really liked him before the injury. Would you rather have him or Zach Miller (assuming he slips) in the second? That is of course if we don't go AD or Lynch in the first.

Windy
01-11-2007, 07:30 PM
http://www.wral.com/sports/story/1134180/

no more shoop

bernbabybern820
01-11-2007, 07:36 PM
http://www.wral.com/sports/story/1134180/

no more shoop

woot

Paranoidmoonduck
01-11-2007, 07:43 PM
Where do you guys see Bush going in the second. I really liked him before the injury. Would you rather have him or Zach Miller (assuming he slips) in the second? That is of course if we don't go AD or Lynch in the first.

I'd much rather have Miller. If you were frustrated with Jordan running soft, it'll be the same with Bush.

locseti
01-11-2007, 07:55 PM

I'd much rather have Miller. If you were frustrated with Jordan running soft, it'll be the same with Bush.

Either would be fine with me, but Bush is a beast compared to LaMont.

AlexDown
01-11-2007, 08:05 PM
Do any Raider fans feel that RB is a bigger need then QB?

Also for those who don't want a QB I surprised no one brought up Ramsey's name yet. He won't be a Jet next year.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-11-2007, 08:06 PM

Either would be fine with me, but Bush is a beast compared to LaMont.Bush has a funky running style and will get injured because of it.

RaiderLifer
01-11-2007, 08:25 PM

Either would be fine with me, but Bush is a beast compared to LaMont.Bush has a funky running style and will get injured because of it.

I've heard this said alot can you explain what it is about his running style that will leave him open to injury? People say the same thing about Peterson running upright, I just wanted to know what it is specifically about Bush that makes you feel that. When I watched him get injured it did not seem like it was because of his running style but rather the type of fluke tackling injury that could happen to anyone (Bo). Not saying your wrong at all just curious as to what it is specifically. Thanks

TitleTown088
01-11-2007, 09:23 PM
i was listening to the radio here in GB, and Chris Havel, the local sports writer for the Gazette reported the Packers "are in deep negotiations" w/ randy moss.

You guys think there is any truth to this?

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-11-2007, 09:26 PM
i was listening to the radio here in GB, and Chris Havel, the local sports writer for the Gazette reported the Packers "are in deep negotiations" w/ randy moss.

You guys think there is any truth to this?I hope so.

slightlyaraiderfan
01-11-2007, 09:34 PM

hmm I would have thought that they wouldn't try to move him this soon.

TitleTown088
01-11-2007, 09:55 PM

You guys think there is any truth to this?I hope so.
I don't.

TitleTown088
01-11-2007, 09:56 PM

hmm I would have thought that they wouldn't try to move him this soon.

yeah, i thought this was pretty early as well. It's probably some stupid rumor.( i Hope it is) Maybe this is a ploy to get Favre back?

slightlyaraiderfan
01-11-2007, 10:18 PM
Speaking of Davis and the Raiders, the same two sources indicated that Davis remains committed to keeping malcontent wide receiver Randy Moss and Jerry Porter unless he gets a huge price in trade. Davis remains fearful that either of the players will go elsewhere and play well again.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-notes011107&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

TitleTown088
01-11-2007, 10:21 PM
Speaking of Davis and the Raiders, the same two sources indicated that Davis remains committed to keeping malcontent wide receiver Randy Moss and Jerry Porter unless he gets a huge price in trade. Davis remains fearful that either of the players will go elsewhere and play well again.

so... no trade? I know TT won't give up a first or anything like that.

Windy
01-11-2007, 10:23 PM

thats news. i hope at least one leaves.

jmanz
01-11-2007, 10:42 PM

I tend to agree.

raidersfanxxx
01-11-2007, 11:00 PM
they need to go for sure. both of them....i dont think they will ever play up to there pay. ill take anything

RaiderNation
01-11-2007, 11:02 PM

I tend to agree.

ones have to want to leave. i think porter will demand a trade or will just be released. if we dont get rid of one of them, u can expect another season like this. also we wont be able to draft CJ because we already have curry and moss and porter. also doesnt moss one have 1 more year left on his contract?

Windy
01-11-2007, 11:21 PM
http://www.ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/

check it out its updated.

HC-Sarkisian
AHC/OC-Fassel
DC-Ryan

that would be great.

Paranoidmoonduck
01-11-2007, 11:30 PM
I want nothing to do with Fassell. He was awful for the Ravens this year, and I'd much rather Sarkisian bring in someone he would rather call the plays.

EDIT: I read the article, and I'll admit it swayed me a little. Fassell cannot possibly be worse than what we had this year, I guess I wouldn't be totally opposed. :oops:

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-11-2007, 11:34 PM
from what ive heard Fassell wasnt allowed to implant his own system.

Paranoidmoonduck
01-11-2007, 11:40 PM
from what ive heard Fassell wasnt allowed to implant his own system.

Will he be allowed here? The Raiders aren't exactly leading the charge in allowing coaches to do whatever they want.

nobodyinparticular
01-11-2007, 11:49 PM

so... no trade? I know TT won't give up a first or anything like that.

I say let's wait and see.

raidersfanxxx
01-11-2007, 11:50 PM

HC-Sarkisian
AHC/OC-Fassel
DC-Ryan

that would be great.

i dunno...i guess i could do that. fassel just rubs me the wrong way.

raiderfan_89
01-11-2007, 11:51 PM
Guess who's back in the motha F@C*'in house.Raiderfan_89 and ready to duel it out.

Oaktown1981
01-11-2007, 11:57 PM
"Langston Walker has voided the last year of his contract making him an UFA this off-season. Walker will be one of the biggest FA's out there, not just in size, but in quality of play. Teams always need starting RT's and Walker started every game this past season. He and the Raiders are talking about a new deal, but those talks arent very far along. One thing thats become clear, Walker wont come cheap."

NFL Network.

raiderfan_89
01-12-2007, 12:00 AM
"Langston Walker has voided the last year of his contract making him an UFA this off-season. Walker will be one of the biggest FA's out there, not just in size, but in quality of play. Teams always need starting RT's and Walker started every game this past season. He and the Raiders are talking about a new deal, but those talks arent very far along. One thing thats become clear, Walker wont come cheap."

NFL Network.

let 'em go.
We can always have Gallery moved to RT since he isn't looking to pretty at that LT position.

nobodyinparticular
01-12-2007, 12:02 AM

NFL Network.

HOLY CRAP! Are you kidding? He was the worst of them all. Let him go. And I thought ESPN was clueless. And they make you pay more for this????

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-12-2007, 12:22 AM

NFL Network.

HOLY CRAP! Are you kidding? He was the worst of them all. Let him go. And I thought ESPN was clueless. And they make you pay more for this????yah really Walker was terrible.I cant beleive they can say quality of play and Langston Walker.

Raidernation55
01-12-2007, 12:22 AM

HC-Sarkisian
AHC/OC-Fassel
DC-Ryan

that would be great.

Thats wut im afraid of. Bad timing

Oaktown1981
01-12-2007, 12:23 AM
adam schefter reported that.

Looks like Al won't trade Moss or Porter.

# Don't be surprised if Oakland's Davis puts up a fuss over paying the departed Shell his entire $2 million owed for next season. Davis once short-changed Mike Shanahan after firing him, forcing Shanahan to go to the league to arbitrate the matter. According to two sources, Davis' final meeting with Shell was extremely contentious, which was surprising treatment of a former Raiders player.

# Speaking of Davis and the Raiders, the same two sources indicated that Davis remains committed to keeping malcontent wide receiver Randy Moss and Jerry Porter unless he gets a huge price in trade. Davis remains fearful that either of the players will go elsewhere and play well again.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-12-2007, 12:23 AM
get rid of moss.
porter can stay but moss must leave.

Raidernation55
01-12-2007, 12:24 AM
adam schefter reported that.

Looks like Al won't trade Moss or Porter.

# Don't be surprised if Oakland's Davis puts up a fuss over paying the departed Shell his entire $2 million owed for next season. Davis once short-changed Mike Shanahan after firing him, forcing Shanahan to go to the league to arbitrate the matter. According to two sources, Davis' final meeting with Shell was extremely contentious, which was surprising treatment of a former Raiders player.

# Speaking of Davis and the Raiders, the same two sources indicated that Davis remains committed to keeping malcontent wide receiver Randy Moss and Jerry Porter unless he gets a huge price in trade. Davis remains fearful that either of the players will go elsewhere and play well again.

Man cheap as Davis has really lost his mind

Oaktown1981
01-12-2007, 12:24 AM
get rid of moss.
porter can stay but moss must leave.

al won't trade moss away for nothing. i knew this would happen

Raidernation55
01-12-2007, 12:49 AM
Al is really goin down hill from here and he is takin the raiders wit him :(

Number 10
01-12-2007, 12:51 AM
Do you think there is any possibility Ryan is not with the Raiders next season?

Is he technically still under contract despite Shell being fired?

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-12-2007, 12:52 AM
AL better get rid of Moss.How i hate him.

raiderfan_89
01-12-2007, 12:53 AM
Do you think there is any possibility Ryan is not with the Raiders next season?

Is he technically still under contract despite Shell being fired?Ryan is staying no matter who gets hired or fired.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-12-2007, 12:55 AM
http://www.raidertube.net/view_video.php?viewkey=f68f89b29639786cb62e

slightlyaraiderfan
01-12-2007, 01:12 AM
Keeping Moss and Porter means no Calvin "the best player in the draft" Johnson. :cry:

leftwich7
01-12-2007, 01:20 AM
are raiders fan hyphy? i mean you are from the yay area

portermvp84
01-12-2007, 11:19 AM
Keeping Moss and Porter means no Calvin "the best player in the draft" Johnson. :cry:

If we do draft Cj he's just gonna have the same attitude I say kick them both to the curb. I absolutly hate Jerry Porter he is a whining little ***** and he needs to leave we should trade him on the spot. I would rather have Moss tahn Porter, Moss at least is on the field and makes plays, I think Porter had like two catches this whole season.

portermvp84
01-12-2007, 11:20 AM

HC-Sarkisian
AHC/OC-Fassel
DC-Ryan

that would be great.

That woulb be better than having then having Tom walsh Tom walsh is god awful.

NIN1984
01-12-2007, 01:51 PM
wow Walker is the worst starting RT in the NFL

Paranoidmoonduck
01-12-2007, 02:45 PM

NFL Network.

Way to go NFL Network.

NYGIANTSFAN_UK
01-12-2007, 02:49 PM
I've been hearing that the Raiders have offered Moss to the Packers in exchange for a 3rd round pick and either Robert Ferguson or Koren Robinson.

Komp
01-12-2007, 02:59 PM
Somehow I don't see the Pack wanting anything to do with Moss. That would be a bad trade for us as well although the pick would be nice to pick up a TE or OL.

Paranoidmoonduck
01-12-2007, 04:13 PM
I'll take it. I want both Moss and Porter off this team. Start fresh and draft Calvin Johnson (please).

raidersfanxxx
01-12-2007, 05:12 PM
im calling it now, sark will not be our head coach...why? cause that would be a good move. i will bet anything that we will end up with fassel or some other turd.

ny10804
01-12-2007, 05:39 PM
Are there any local (CA) reports of a Moss-to-the-Packers deal? I think he could improve drastically with Favre, a decent o-line, and a Pro-Bowler (Donald Driver) opposite him.

RaiderNation
01-12-2007, 05:40 PM
I'll take it. I want both Moss and Porter off this team. Start fresh and draft Calvin Johnson (please).

all i want is both of them gone and CJ. if we do that this offseason we should start doing better

diabsoule
01-12-2007, 05:52 PM
OC Shoop joined Butch Davis' staff at UNC. Don't know if this was reported yet or not on here.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2729450

Windy
01-12-2007, 07:47 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/GDR18/ADRaiders.jpg

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-12-2007, 07:59 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/GDR18/ADRaiders.jpgsweet.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-12-2007, 08:04 PM

If we do draft Cj he's just gonna have the same attitude I say kick them both to the curb. I absolutly hate Jerry Porter he is a whining little ***** and he needs to leave we should trade him on the spot. I would rather have Moss tahn Porter, Moss at least is on the field and makes plays, I think Porter had like two catches this whole season.Really?Moss didnt do crap.he was a huge underachiever and thats a huge understatement.
Moss went against the organization.
Porter went against Shell.it was a stupid move to make but he was right.he saw the train wreck coming and wanted out.Porter only had 1 rec this year but thats because Shell benched him the whole season.
Kinda funny though.I remember Porter getting some plays in a game mid season but then never got any plays after that weird.
Anyway Shell doesnt understand crap about WRs.the guy started Merv Fernandez and Willie Gault ahead of Tim Brown.
Kinda like how he started TS and Moss ahead of Curry.

01-12-2007, 08:10 PM
omg! friggin' LoLZer's !! "cj WILL SAVE US" **** ya BICKI timY!!

slightlyaraiderfan
01-12-2007, 08:19 PM
omg! friggin' LoLZer's !! "cj WILL SAVE US" *********** ya BICKI timY!!
You can leave now troll.

01-12-2007, 08:27 PM
You can leave now troll.

just shut up will ya!

Windy
01-12-2007, 08:31 PM
You can leave now troll.

just shut up will ya!

Go back to IKEA and make me some danishes. I like the cheese ones troll.

The Unseen
01-12-2007, 08:32 PM
IT'S GON RAIN

01-12-2007, 08:33 PM
wow IKEA u stupid fOK! u are a f'king degenerate. IKEA is swedish..!!! but you knew that. B itch-wrinkle!

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-12-2007, 08:36 PM
wow IKEA u stupid fOK! u are a f'king degenerate. IKEA is swedish..!!! but you knew that. B itch-wrinkle!i dont see the difference between teh two countries.arent both slavic?

draftguru151
01-12-2007, 08:39 PM
If you wanted to be banned you could have just asked. :?

One less OSU fanboy.

NIN1984
01-12-2007, 08:59 PM
OSU fans are still trippin' http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-12-2007, 09:37 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2729450
thank god.

RaiderNation
01-12-2007, 10:14 PM
would u guys take a chance on pickin chris leak in the 5th round if we dont take a qb b4 that?

heres my raiders mock
1st CJ WR
2nd Tank Tyler DT
3rd Tony Ugoh OT
3rd Tim Crowder DE
4th Joe Newton TE
5th Chris Leak QB
6th Andrew Cameron OG
7th Rory Johnson OLB

WE MUST trade/release moss, porter, brooks and track star

Paranoidmoonduck
01-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Anthony Spencer stands a great chance of going late 1st/early 2nd, just so you know.

RaiderNation
01-12-2007, 10:20 PM
Anthony Spencer stands a great chance of going late 1st/early 2nd, just so you know.

lol oh didnt know that. looked at the rankings and he wasnt very high on it. i will change it. do u like the rest?

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-12-2007, 10:29 PM

lol oh didnt know that. looked at the rankings and he wasnt very high on it. i will change it. do u like the rest?Anthony is seen as a great OLB for the 3-4 for thats why nisnt he ranked high on the list.
I like it.but Id rather have Kalil in the third than Crowder.

NIN1984
01-12-2007, 10:33 PM
No I don't want Leak...

Raiders struggles will continue until they get a QB both Brady Quinn and JaMarcus Russell come with the franchise QB label and that’s what I want. Andrew Walter is not the future did you guys not hear all the Raider fans chanting TUI!TUI!TUI! at the games in Oakland? That’s not good for Walter plus I can’t imagine what the guys on the defense would think about Walter as the starting QB (I remember reading about Derrick Burgess yelling at him) So what are we gonna do about QB sign yet another old washed up vet

Face it Peterson is differently not worth the 1st overall pick maybe not even top 5, What’s the point of drafting a WR? So we are going to re-build the offense around a WR? That’s so stupid the whole point of drafting a QB is so we can build around him.

RaiderNation
01-12-2007, 10:35 PM
theres a chance brian brohm will far out the the 1st. would we pass tank tyler to draft him if that happened if we didnt draft a qb in the first? i would

RaiderNation
01-12-2007, 10:39 PM
No I don't want Leak...

Raiders struggles will continue until they get a QB both Brady Quinn and JaMarcus Russell come with the franchise QB label and that’s what I want. Andrew Walter is not the future did you guys not hear all the Raider fans chanting TUI!TUI!TUI! at the games in Oakland? That’s not good for Walter plus I can’t imagine what the guys on the defense would think about Walter as the starting QB (I remember reading about Derrick Burgess yelling at him) So what are we gonna do about QB sign yet another old washed up vet

Face it Peterson is differently not worth the 1st overall pick maybe not even top 5, What’s the point of drafting a WR? So we are going to re-build the offense around a WR? That’s so stupid the whole point of drafting a QB is so we can build around him.

i think we will get a vet like tim rattay and have him start then walter then leak. CJ is a rare kind of athlete that will be a great player. no CB will be able to gaurd him because of his speed heighth and jumping ability. i think he will open up our running game because they will focus on him

NIN1984
01-12-2007, 10:47 PM
Come on bro don’t tell me you want Rattay as the QB that = 4 wins at the most, aren’t you sick of the same thing every year for the Raiders this formula has won us nothing its time for a change...

Another thing its funny how everyone brings up Raiders don’t draft first round QB’s, ok so lets go back 20 years in 20 years of drafting Raiders have drafted 1 QB in the first round and 1 RB so why doesn’t anyone bring that up?

Oaktown1981
01-12-2007, 10:51 PM
Come on bro don’t tell me you want Rattay as the QB that = 4 wins at the most, aren’t you sick of the same thing every year for the Raiders this formula has won us nothing its time for a change...

Another thing its funny how everyone brings up Raiders don’t draft first round QB’s, ok so lets go back 20 years in 20 years of drafting Raiders have drafted 1 QB in the first round and 1 RB so why doesn’t anyone bring that up?

Because people on this board have no clue. I think it's funny when they say Raiders are more likely to draft Peterson over a QB. Raiders have drafted 2 RB's i think in the past 25 years. N.Kaufman and M.Allen.

RaiderNation
01-12-2007, 11:06 PM
im not saying there isnt any chance of picking a qb. i just think we wont be able to pass up the talent that cj brings to the table. if we trade down id really want to get russell. i want russell more than AD.

portermvp84
01-12-2007, 11:13 PM
I would take Ad in the first and see if Brohm drops down to the second then take him win win situation.

RaiderNation
01-12-2007, 11:15 PM
I would take Ad in the first and see if Brohm drops down to the second then take him win win situation.

i think cj and brohm is a better win win situation cuz u still have jordan and curry.

Oaktown1981
01-12-2007, 11:20 PM
im not saying there isnt any chance of picking a qb. i just think we wont be able to pass up the talent that cj brings to the table. if we trade down id really want to get russell. i want russell more than AD.

I like Johnson but what good will he do if the Raiders don't have a QB? I would much rather draft a WR in the 2nd/3rd round than one in the 1st. No team builds their team around a WR.

I like Peterson too but he has been hurt 2 years in a row and there is no way the Raiders will draft a RB that has been hurt often with the #1 pick.

We have no idea what Al Davis is going to do. I won't be suprised if he doesn't trade Moss, Porter. He won't trade them away for nothing and the value for each players right now isn't that great.

Crow
01-13-2007, 12:09 AM
No I don't want Leak...

Nothing about Brady Quinn says "#1 overall pick" to me. Regardless of your feelings for Walter, Quinn just does not warrant the pick.

Russell is a tools guy. I don't know that he's as good from the neck up as he is from the neck down. Be that smarts or dedication to film study or whatever. I don't think his head measures up to his muscle, and that's a near definite recipe for a bust.

To say that Peterson isn't worth the #1 pick is al ittle strange to me. He's a fantastic RB with unreal vision, great size/speed, and addresses a very real need for us.

Why take Johnson? Well, we have the first pick and he's basically the best football player in the class. He also addresses a very real need. Imagine how much better our QBs would have been if they had someone to throw to this year? Whitted was a joke from Day 1 and Moss never even made the effort to finish a route that was over 7 or 8 yards deep.

No matter how you feel about Walter/Brooks, they had absloutely nothing to work with. Tom Brady would have sucked on this team. That's undeniable.

We have question marks at QB. We have nothing at RB and only Curry at WR. QB just isn't a position we need to address this high. Maybe when we've created an environment where a QB can succeed. But until then, this team is a career death sentence.

Crow
01-13-2007, 12:13 AM
Because people on this board have no clue.
I've read your posts on different boards. You're not exactly a GM candidate anywhere yourself.

Crow
01-13-2007, 12:20 AM

It won us a whole lotta division championships and an AFC title.

Rattay isn't a bad QB. He's played on bad teams. I ain't saying he's a savior by any means. But bringing in guys like him, Huard, and retaining Walter make more sense than drafting some flavor of the month hype byproduct at the top of this draft when there's some amazing talents like Johnson and Peterson available who we don't see every year. We'd b foolish not to take advantage and grab one of them.

Maybe because we've actually had success drafting RBs. You think Al doesn't think about that? As trivial as it may seem, I have no doubt that Al remembers the horror and embarrassment this team endured after blowing a top pick on a QB.

Crow
01-13-2007, 12:22 AM

i think cj and brohm is a better win win situation cuz u still have jordan and curry.

Jordan may be cut, so I wouldn't rely on his being here.

Still, he's not very good anyway. AP would make a lot of sense.

RaiderNation
01-13-2007, 12:27 AM

if jordan is cut i think we will take bush in the 2nd if brohm isnt there. i really want to see if jordan can comeback good next year so i think he gets 1 more chance. he did what was expected in his first year but he got hurt this year. him and fargis should make a good combo

Windy
01-13-2007, 12:32 AM
i know lamont has a big contract. if we cut him how would that effect the cap?

RaiderNation
01-13-2007, 12:37 AM

i dont exact but it should be alot i think. thats 1 reason why i dont want to let him go yet. do u think there is any chance of us trading him?

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-13-2007, 12:42 AM

Another thing its funny how everyone brings up Raiders don’t draft first round QB’s, ok so lets go back 20 years in 20 years of drafting Raiders have drafted 1 QB in the first round and 1 RB so why doesn’t anyone bring that up?because Kaufman was a success in the NFL.whereas Marinovich was a complete bust.not to metion in that stretch of 20 years they had Allen and Jackson in the backfield please explain why they needed to draft a RB in the 1st.a stupid argument.
I think its funny that people insist on the Raiders drafting a first round QB.they have no valid reasoning behind it.
the usual reasoning behind it is they desperately need a QB.besides Gannon Oakland has needed a QB since before the Hostetler years.
a completely pointless argument to make.
I like it even better when they point out that the last time Oakland drafted a WR in the 1st ROund was 88 whereas the the last time they drafted a QB in the 1st was 94.the difference is that Brown is a future HOF whereas Marinovich is a bust.shame he wore #12.
as it is Al Davis doesnt care what the fans think.Walter will most surely be the only QB who has a chance at being the future QB for Oakland next year.
Please explain to me why AP is not worth a top five pick.you obviously dont knwo what your talking about.
Jamarcus Russell isnt worth a top five pick.that statement makes much more sense.he cant read defenses and has bad decision making.not to mention hes lazy.he may have all the physical qualities you look at in a QB but he most certainly doesnt have the brains.
AL could careless what the fans,announcers,analyts,draft analysts,and everyone else say about him get used to it.

Oaktown1981
01-13-2007, 12:59 AM
I've read your posts on different boards. You're not exactly a GM candidate anywhere yourself.

Say the guy that wants Tim Rattay as the QB.

Until Jordan is cut I doubt the Raiders draft a RB. Is it Jordans fault the OL didn't do their job this year? Is it his fault that Art Shell was a terrible HC? Is it his fault Tom Walsh was the OC?

All I know is that Jordan had around 1500 total yards in 2004 with around 10+ tds.

Do you really think Al would draft a RB that has been hurt 2 year in arow? Other than his freshman year he isn't been healty. Unless the Raiders trade down ( which al never does ) they won't draft Peterson.

RaiderNation
01-13-2007, 01:00 AM

tim is better than brooks. we still dont know about walter. doingthisinsteadofwork really got u with his comment above. no way u can defend ur self against that IMO

Windy
01-13-2007, 01:02 AM
give me some examples of when jamarcus has been lazy?

jamarcus russell has a career 20-3 starting record. its hard for me to believe he cant read defenses at all. yea, he might not be have the greatest decision making in the world. he has a great arm and solid mobility those are hard things to teach an nfl quarterback. decision making you can teach especially with a quarterback guru like sarkisian.

im not saying i want russell, i'd actually prefer calvin johnson but some of these generic responses about his laziness and his brains really bother me.

RaiderNation
01-13-2007, 01:02 AM
also u said rattey would only get us to 4 wins. more than this year buddy. 08 should be the year we try to find our future qb is walter sucks next year. either in FA/trade or draft one in first 3 rounds

Oaktown1981
01-13-2007, 01:06 AM
also u said rattey would only get us to 4 wins. more than this year buddy. 08 should be the year we try to find our future qb is walter sucks next year. either in FA/trade or draft one in first 3 rounds

What makes you think Rattay would even want to come here? He isn't on this team so why even talk about him?

Oaktown1981
01-13-2007, 01:11 AM

Another thing its funny how everyone brings up Raiders don’t draft first round QB’s, ok so lets go back 20 years in 20 years of drafting Raiders have drafted 1 QB in the first round and 1 RB so why doesn’t anyone bring that up?because Kaufman was a success in the NFL.whereas Marinovich was a complete bust.not to metion in that stretch of 20 years they had Allen and Jackson in the backfield please explain why they needed to draft a RB in the 1st.a stupid argument.
I think its funny that people insist on the Raiders drafting a first round QB.they have no valid reasoning behind it.
the usual reasoning behind it is they desperately need a QB.besides Gannon Oakland has needed a QB since before the Hostetler years.
I like it even better when they point out that the last time Oakland drafted a WR in the 1st ROund was 88 whereas the the last time they drafted a QB in the 1st was 94.the difference is that Brown is a future HOF whereas Marinovich is a bust.shame he wore #12.
as it is Al Davis doesnt care what the fans think.Walter will most surely be the only QB who has a chance at being the future QB for Oakland next year.
Please explain to me why AP is not worth a top five pick.you obviously dont knwo what your talking about.
Jamarcus Russell isnt worth a top five pick.that statement makes much more sense.he cant read defenses and has bad decision making.not to mention hes lazy.he may have all the physical qualities you look at in a QB but he most certainly doesnt have the brains.
AL could careless what the fans,announcers,analyts,draft analysts,and everyone else say about him get used to it.

Kaufman and Marinovich have nothing to do with Peterson, Russell, Quinn

As for Rusell vs Petesron. Scott Wright has Rusell ranked #4 overall and Peterson #5 I think i'll take his word over some 15 year old kid.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-13-2007, 01:13 AM
give me some examples of when jamarcus has been lazy?

jamarcus russell has a career 20-3 starting record. its hard for me to believe he cant read defenses at all. yea, he might not be have the greatest decision making in the world. he has a great arm and solid mobility those are hard things to teach an nfl quarterback. decision making you can teach especially with a quarterback guru like sarkisian.

im not saying i want russell, i'd actually prefer calvin johnson but some of these generic responses about his laziness and his brains really bother me.Jamarcus Russell also has a good running game,adequet protection,and Craig davis and Dwayne Bowe to throw to.plus theres always the defense that helps win games.
he has been reading defenses better than last but i still dont think its up to standard.I think that he is lazy.if hed studied film alot more on defenses hed probably be able to read em better.

Crow
01-13-2007, 01:17 AM

if jordan is cut i think we will take bush in the 2nd if brohm isnt there. i really want to see if jordan can comeback good next year so i think he gets 1 more chance. he did what was expected in his first year but he got hurt this year. him and fargis should make a good combo

That $4.75 mill roster bonus makes his return pretty doubtfull. He's done nothing to warrant that sort of money.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-13-2007, 01:18 AM

Kaufman and Marinovich have nothing to do with Peterson, Russell, Quinn

As for Rusell vs Petesron. Scott Wright has Rusell ranked #4 overall and Peterson #5 I think i'll take his word over some 15 year old kid.where did I ever say that Kaufamn and Marinovich have anything to do with the present.Nin used examples of when a QB and RB were drafted in the first round.
I think you like alot of other people on this forum take Scotts word as law.
I respect Scott,I like his opinions but i disagree with him on a fair amount of things.I could careless if Scott says that Russell is a better prospect than AP.i disagree.

Crow
01-13-2007, 01:20 AM

i dont exact but it should be alot i think. thats 1 reason why i dont want to let him go yet. do u think there is any chance of us trading him?

I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I do know that cutting him would give us a decent bit of added cap space.

As for trading him, not likely. Not unless he restructured his contract that his new team wouldn't have to eat that roster bonus.

Crow
01-13-2007, 01:25 AM

Beats the hell out of sinking the #1 overall pick into one of these stiffs.

You don't need a great QB to be a great team. Better to build your defense and ground game, then find a QB who can protect the ball, move the chains, and make one or two plays a game.

Until Jordan is cut I doubt the Raiders draft a RB. Is it Jordans fault the OL didn't do their job this year? Is it his fault that Art Shell was a terrible HC? Is it his fault Tom Walsh was the OC?

All I know is that Jordan had around 1500 total yards in 2004 with around 10+ tds.

Do you really think Al would draft a RB that has been hurt 2 year in arow? Other than his freshman year he isn't been healty. Unless the Raiders trade down ( which al never does ) they won't draft Peterson.

I think that if Peterson blows up at the combine, then yes. Al very well could fall in love with him. Calvin Johnson may be a more likely pick, but Peterson could easily be the guy.

I believe without a doubt that Al would draft a RB before giving Jordan a free 5 million dollars.

Crow
01-13-2007, 01:27 AM

What makes you think Rattay would even want to come here? He isn't on this team so why even talk about him?

Just consider "Rattay" the codename for this year's FA pickup. We'll only have one QB on the roster come draft time, so we'll definitely be in the market for FA passers.

Crow
01-13-2007, 01:32 AM
I like Johnson but what good will he do if the Raiders don't have a QB?

And how do you know we don't have a QB? You defend Jordan by bringing up the OL sucking, and Art & Walsh being idiots. Funny how you forget all about that stuff where Walter is concerned.

As for Rusell vs Petesron. Scott Wright has Rusell ranked #4 overall and Peterson #5 I think i'll take his word over some 15 year old kid.

Scott also had us taking Dan Cody #7 overall a couple years ago and still thinks Joey Harrington will be a great QB.

Just for perspective.

nobodyinparticular
01-13-2007, 01:37 AM

I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I do know that cutting him would give us a decent bit of added cap space.

As for trading him, not likely. Not unless he restructured his contract that his new team wouldn't have to eat that roster bonus.

Simple and effective way is to switch that roster bonus to a signing bonus. The new team would get cap relief and Jordan would get his money.

Doubtful that Jordan would get traded though. Especially coming off an MCL tear--a tear that many people are forgetting.

nobodyinparticular
01-13-2007, 01:43 AM

Scott also had us taking Dan Cody #7 overall a couple years ago and still thinks Joey Harrington will be a great QB.

Just for perspective.

Scott also had David Terrell, Koren Robinson, Rod Gardner, Freddie Mitchell and Santana Moss rated over Chad Johnson in 2001.

Oh yeah, and he had Ladanian Tomlinson ranked #11 overall, behind RBs Michael Bennett and Lamont Jordan and non-RB studs like David Terrell, Leonard Davis and Andre Carter.

Scott knows a lot Oaktown, but that does not mean he is perfect.

Oaktown1981
01-13-2007, 01:44 AM
I just want to make sure I'm on the same page with you guys.

1 - No matter what the Raiders shouldn't draft a QB in the 1st round this year because Quinn, Rusell will be busts.

2 - If the Raiders trade Moss, Porter they should draft Calvin Johnson since he is the best player in this draft

3 - If Moss or Porter or both stay they should draft Adrian Peterson # 1 overall?

If the Raiders get CJ or AP this year address the OL and the Walter or whoever don't play good in 07

Lets just say the Raiders go 3-13 next year. Should they draft a QB next year or draft the next best RB/WR

nobodyinparticular
01-13-2007, 02:23 AM
Let me say, personally, I would not be too disappointed with drafting Brady Quinn (sorry Crow) because I feel that his tools and intangibles are an upgrade over what Walter brings to the table. I do not feel the same way about Russell because he makes a ton of really questionable decisions with the football.

That said, I would prefer Peterson over anyone else. He is a special RB talent that we have not seen in the draft since LT. Johnson, however, is also a once in a lifetime WR. I just feel that Peterson can have a greater impact on this team than CJ at the moment.

Also, if the Raiders do draft Quinn, they'd better be ready to let him hold a clipboard on the sidelines for a year or they had better get that offensive line together and playing like 2002 or at least 2004. Otherwise Quinn is going to get creamed and he'll start developing bad habits. He, like every other QB, does poorly when he is being dragged down from behind or when a hand is in his face. If we are to bring a franchise QB in here, we need to have a very good offensive line in place which is something we were not even close to having last year. Jordan and Fargas had also be ready to get the ball a whole lot.

I agree that a "flavor of the day" talent at QB comes around nearly every draft with the exception of skipping a year once every so often. Looking forward, 2008 will likely be one of those years though. Quinn does truly have some of the best combination of tools and intangibles that we've seen since Palmer/Peyton came out though. All of his tools truly do rate higher than Big Ben, Eli, Rivers, Smith, Rodgers, Boller, etc dating back to Palmer.

Because of that, and the lack of talent that next year offers at QB, I would not be sad to see Quinn in Silver and Black. We had better get that offensive line and some more offensive weapons built up immediately though if we do take him.

Crow
01-13-2007, 05:08 AM
I just don't see these once every 5 years type of intangibles from Quinn. I see a guy who doesn't elevate the play of those around him. I see a guy who will fold under pressure. What I don't see is why everyone thinks he's so much better than Leinart. I'd take Paris Hilton's playpal over Quinn without even blinking. He just had that "it" at USC. I simply haven't see that from Quinn.

In response to Oaktown.

1. No, I'm not saying that either guy will definitely be a bust. But I see a ton of bust poential in both. Too much so that I'd even consider taking them #1 overall even if I thought the need was great enough to justify it...which I don't.

What I am sayingis that Walter hasn't been given the chance to prove whether or not he's got what it takes. Regardless of what any of these nimrods here think, there's simply no way that you can judge a QB based on what we did on offense this year. A QB is only as good as the weapons/protection around him, and Walter had none.

Why burn the #1 overall pick on a position that may have already been suitably addressed? Why pass over far superior talent? I just don't see the logic.

2. Moss should be dealt. If we retain Porter, then the need for a WR may not be as great. Still, Porter is essentially a glorified slot receiver. It'd be tough using him as a reason to pass on the best overall talent in the draft. Even harder still when you consider the fact that Johnson's attitude is the polar opposite of these two idiots.

That said, dumping both and taking Peterson certainly wouldn't be the worst thing we could do either.

3. If Moss and Porter both stay, Al Davis should be shot in the face. But, yes. Peterson would be the easy pick there.

4. If we can pin the blame for a 3-13 season on the QB position, then we'll address that as needed. Most likely in free agency.

If the top player available to us is a DT, then we take the DT. If it's a McFadden, and we took CJ this year, we take McFadden.

All that said, with a competant coaching staff, there's simply no reason for this team to not reach .500 if we address the glaring problems at WR, RT, and RB.

NIN1984
01-13-2007, 08:56 AM
I say Peterson isn't worth the #1 pick due to all his injury concerns...

I’m so sick of hearing we don’t need a QB you can win with any QB. So you don’t need a QB? You can say that for every position!

-You don’t need a big time RB patriots won the Super Bowl with Antwan Smith

-You don’t need big time WR’s just look at the Patriots and Chargers etc..

That’s a very poor argument

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-13-2007, 11:07 AM
you can also say that the giants went to the superbowl with Kerry COliins.

or you can geta good QB from FA.Gannon for instance.
last i checked Gannon wasnt an elite QB propsect.in fact when he was drafts by the pats they wanted to convert him to DB.

NIN1984
01-13-2007, 11:23 AM
Gannon was great we had some great seasons never won the Super Bowl (I'm pretty sure that's what its all about) ok so now lets go get another vet QB maybe it will different from Collins and Brooks maybe Damon Huard will win us some games and than 3 years from now where are we?

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-13-2007, 12:27 PM
Gannon was great we had some great seasons never won the Super Bowl (I'm pretty sure that's what its all about) ok so now lets go get another vet QB maybe it will different from Collins and Brooks maybe Damon Huard will win us some games and than 3 years from now where are we?Damon Huard i wouldnt have a problem with as long as he plays like a game manager consistently.

Theres a rumor going around that Al Davis has already hired Sark as HC and it will be announced late next week.

raidersfanxxx
01-13-2007, 01:27 PM
why would he give interviews for the HC spot if hes already "hired" Sark?

Windy
01-13-2007, 01:29 PM
im pretty sure they still need to interview a minority candidate. there was a lot of speculation that sarkisian was a minority but the nfl released a statement saying he wasnt classified as a minority.

Windy
01-13-2007, 02:21 PM
Let me say, personally, I would not be too disappointed with drafting Brady Quinn (sorry Crow) because I feel that his tools and intangibles are an upgrade over what Walter brings to the table. I do not feel the same way about Russell because he makes a ton of really questionable decisions with the football.

That said, I would prefer Peterson over anyone else. He is a special RB talent that we have not seen in the draft since LT. Johnson, however, is also a once in a lifetime WR. I just feel that Peterson can have a greater impact on this team than CJ at the moment.

Also, if the Raiders do draft Quinn, they'd better be ready to let him hold a clipboard on the sidelines for a year or they had better get that offensive line together and playing like 2002 or at least 2004. Otherwise Quinn is going to get creamed and he'll start developing bad habits. He, like every other QB, does poorly when he is being dragged down from behind or when a hand is in his face. If we are to bring a franchise QB in here, we need to have a very good offensive line in place which is something we were not even close to having last year. Jordan and Fargas had also be ready to get the ball a whole lot.

I agree that a "flavor of the day" talent at QB comes around nearly every draft with the exception of skipping a year once every so often. Looking forward, 2008 will likely be one of those years though. Quinn does truly have some of the best combination of tools and intangibles that we've seen since Palmer/Peyton came out though. All of his tools truly do rate higher than Big Ben, Eli, Rivers, Smith, Rodgers, Boller, etc dating back to Palmer.

Because of that, and the lack of talent that next year offers at QB, I would not be sad to see Quinn in Silver and Black. We had better get that offensive line and some more offensive weapons built up immediately though if we do take him.

Last week on Sirius, Sarkisian was in la-la land talking about Quinn and he seems average on Russell.

TitleTown088
01-13-2007, 02:28 PM

i think cj and brohm is a better win win situation cuz u still have jordan and curry. http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=4153&line=87907&spln=1

Will he even play in oakland?

D4rk 0ne
01-13-2007, 04:29 PM

i think cj and brohm is a better win win situation cuz u still have jordan and curry. http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=4153&line=87907&spln=1

Will he even play in oakland?
We've all seen that already and I don't think many people believe it. Not a reliable source first of all, plus CJ has never had any attitude problems. Until I see this from ESPN, CNN, etc, or a live interview, I'm not buying it.

raidersfanxxx
01-13-2007, 05:05 PM
i really hope we can somehow deal moss and porter for something decent, then when can pick up CJ who i think is the best prospect in the draft. CJ and curry as the startin WR's sounds good to me.

raiderfan_89
01-13-2007, 06:06 PM
i really hope we can somehow deal moss and porter for something decent, then when can pick up CJ who i think is the best prospect in the draft. CJ and curry as the startin WR's sounds good to me.I'am a non-believer in CJ being the best player in the draft.Adrian Peterson is the best player in the draft.We can actually trade down a few picks to get him cause of his injury prone status.

raiderfan_89
01-13-2007, 06:08 PM
I also think if AP isn't the answer we can still get Russell with the 1st overall pick. We can pick up someone like Sidney Rice in the 2nd Rd if we traded away both Moss and Porter.

Komp
01-13-2007, 07:06 PM
I also think if AP isn't the answer we can still get Russell with the 1st overall pick. We can pick up someone like Sidney Rice in the 2nd Rd if we traded away both Moss and Porter.

This is a good point. Trade down within the top 5 [we'll have to remain ahead of the Pack who would gladly take AD] to take Peterson and try to get Rice in the 2nd. We could also possibly trade Moss and a pick to try to get another pick in the first rd to grab Jarrett or a DT.

I'm pretty confused about what the best decision is. I don't like taking a QB, but with the #1 pick it almost feels like we have to. I'd rather have CJ than either of the QBs tho. It seems most teams do better grabbing veteran QBs from FA [ex. Brees, Gannon] than they do by drafting them [ex. Eli]. I hope the Raiders take the same path.

RaiderNation
01-13-2007, 07:56 PM

This is a good point. Trade down within the top 5 [we'll have to remain ahead of the Pack who would gladly take AD] to take Peterson and try to get Rice in the 2nd. We could also possibly trade Moss and a pick to try to get another pick in the first rd to grab Jarrett or a DT.

I'm pretty confused about what the best decision is. I don't like taking a QB, but with the #1 pick it almost feels like we have to. I'd rather have CJ than either of the QBs tho. It seems most teams do better grabbing veteran QBs from FA [ex. Brees, Gannon] than they do by drafting them [ex. Eli]. I hope the Raiders take the same path.

good point. but there is also a chance if we draft cj in the first that brohm slides into the 2nd. i wouldnt mind russell and sindney rice in the first 2 rounds though

Windy
01-13-2007, 08:06 PM
who do you like more? quinn or russell?

RaiderNation
01-13-2007, 08:13 PM
who do you like more? quinn or russell?

russell

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-13-2007, 08:15 PM
I like Quinn better.but i get this funny feeling that Brohm will be a better QB than both of em.just a gut feeling.

btw,does anyone here have premium membership at raiderfans.net
they're all talking about how they got this huge news but wont reveal.

NIN1984
01-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Dude sign up for premium its worth it

the news is great

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-13-2007, 09:29 PM

the news is great

:Dthats what everyone says and im really considering signing up.

Crow
01-13-2007, 10:17 PM
Save your money. You can get rampant speculation anywhere without having to pay for it.

I’m so sick of hearing we don’t need a QB you can win with any QB. So you don’t need a QB? You can say that for every position!

Can't say that about OL and DL, now can you? Those are the premium positions in football. No other position matters if you're soft in those two areas.

QB is a secondary concern, especially when your team needs so much.

bernbabybern820
01-13-2007, 10:31 PM
Save your money. You can get rampant speculation anywhere without having to pay for it.

Can't say that about OL and DL, now can you? Those are the premium positions in football. No other position matters if you're soft in those two areas.

ok good point. then why is everyone talking about rbs, wrs, qbs, etc. we better draft/sign some quality linemen. im sick of having all these revolving doors as tackles especially langston walker.

NIN1984
01-13-2007, 10:43 PM

Than maybe we should start talking about Joe Thomas

raidersfanxxx
01-13-2007, 10:57 PM

the news is great

i really really hope it has to do with our next head coach......Sark maybe??? :P

RaiderNation
01-13-2007, 11:13 PM

the news is great

i really really hope it has to do with our next head coach......Sark maybe??? :P

i want that or that we r trying to trade moss or something like that

nobodyinparticular
01-13-2007, 11:52 PM
Last week on Sirius, Sarkisian was in la-la land talking about Quinn and he seems average on Russell.

Good news to my ears if he is hired...

Crow
01-14-2007, 12:38 AM

ok good point. then why is everyone talking about rbs, wrs, qbs, etc. we better draft/sign some quality linemen. im sick of having all these revolving doors as tackles especially langston walker.

Walker voided his contract, so he's a FA now.

I think there'd be more love for Joe Thomas if our more recent rookie OLs had performed better. I think we'd be better off signing a couple veterans to solidify the O-line...and I don't mind overpaying for good linemen.

As it stands, the two best players in the draft are a RB and a WR. With the 1st pick, we really should be trying to decide which is the better player and which helps us more...assuming we don't trade down, of course.

Crow
01-14-2007, 10:10 AM
This just isn't right...

http://www.myspace.com/younghuggmusic

http://www.diamonddrecords.com/younghugg/gifs/albumbanner.gif

NIN1984
01-14-2007, 10:36 AM
This just isn't right...

that's awesome

Crow
01-14-2007, 12:06 PM
I'll never again be able to see this guy play without laughing.

raidersfanxxx
01-14-2007, 12:58 PM
hahaha, oh man thats awsome

slightlyaraiderfan
01-14-2007, 01:57 PM
This just isn't right...

what the..

D4rk 0ne
01-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Is that actually Fargas?

Crow
01-14-2007, 02:30 PM
That's our guy.

Makes you wish you had never need that pic/link, eh?

raiderfan_89
01-14-2007, 02:34 PM
I soooooo wanna put some younghugg on my myspace.

D4rk 0ne
01-14-2007, 02:49 PM
Any news on HC lately? Didn't someone report that the HC could be announced as soon as this weekend (as in today)? I mean I know that's not much to go off of but still... Any news?

Borat
01-14-2007, 03:00 PM
Any news on HC lately? Didn't someone report that the HC could be announced as soon as this weekend (as in today)? I mean I know that's not much to go off of but still... Any news?

I think you still need to interview a minority canidate.

raiderfan_89
01-14-2007, 03:01 PM
Just Waiting for some big news!!!!
Our O-line is in dyer need of some lineman.
LT-Gallery
LG-McQuistan
C-Grove
RG-Boothe
RT-Either Draft an OT in the 3rd rd or sign one.

NIN1984
01-14-2007, 03:56 PM
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j158/DaRaidersEdge/HuggyBear.jpg

So who wants to put that in their avatar

RaiderNation
01-14-2007, 04:01 PM
is shell in the front office now? or did we just get rid of him comepletely?

RaiderLifer
01-14-2007, 04:04 PM
Just Waiting for some big news!!!!
Our O-line is in dyer need of some lineman.
LT-Gallery
LG-McQuistan
C-Grove
RG-Boothe
RT-Either Draft an OT in the 3rd rd or sign one.

I'm still holding out hope for Gallery, we just need to find a good OL coach and stop changing schemes every year. Does anyone know if we're staying with the man to man blocking scheme or are we going back to a zone scheme? Mullet McNasty disappointed me a bit last year but I guess I should have expected as much jumping from Weber State to the NFL. I thought Grove was going to be a pro bowler by now but again bad coaching and changing schemes every year can't help. I thought Boothe played really well considering the overall shi***ness of everything in Oakland last year. As for Langston....good riddance.

jahyun
01-14-2007, 04:08 PM
what about Barry Sims?.

RaiderLifer
01-14-2007, 04:27 PM
what about Barry Sims?.

He was under the impression that he was gone. Not sure if it's in stone yet but unless he restructures I can't see him sticking. Plus he thinks he can be a starting LT and with all the money we have invested in Gallery I can't see that happening here.

raiderfan_89
01-14-2007, 04:34 PM
Yeah Barry Sims isn't even in the picture.Not for one second.

NIN1984
01-14-2007, 05:15 PM
In 2004 Gallery, Sims, Grove, Walker let up 29 sacks all season it was top 10 best in the NFL. Now with Art Shell and his genius crew they let up like 70 or something...

that is a very interesting stat

RaiderLifer
01-14-2007, 05:35 PM
When do you guys think Brian Leonard will be taken? I really like him and with Crockett getting up there in age I think he could really help us. If we bring back Trestman along with some hybrid version of the WCO I think he could really make a big difference. Good hands and rout running and I think his lead blocking is underrated. What round do you think we would have to take him in? Do you guys like him as much as I do as a prospect?

jahyun
01-14-2007, 05:38 PM
When do you guys think Brian Leonard will be taken? I really like him and with Crockett getting up there in age I think he could really help us. If we bring back Trestman along with some hybrid version of the WCO I think he could really make a big difference. Good hands and rout running and I think his lead blocking is underrated. What round do you think we would have to take him in? Do you guys like him as much as I do as a prospect?

I like Brian Leonard ,but I think we have too many hole to waste a second or third round pick on him

RaiderLifer
01-14-2007, 05:41 PM

I like Brian Leonard ,but I think we have too many hole to waste a second or third round pick on him

That is what I thought at first blush but as we get closer to the draft I am starting to think he could have a very similar impact to a rookie TE in terms of pass/run blocking and receptions.

RaiderNation
01-14-2007, 06:56 PM

That is what I thought at first blush but as we get closer to the draft I am starting to think he could have a very similar impact to a rookie TE in terms of pass/run blocking and receptions.

lol raiderlifer, either jahyun just copied ur quote or u too think and talk exactly a like. if u look at both the wording exactly same.

anyways, i agree with drafting him but if we do in the 3rd id pass. we should draft a OL with 1 of our 3rds. cuz in the first we r getting a CJ,russell or AD. 2nd we r getting either qb,wr,dt. third should be OL,DE,QB

RaiderLifer
01-14-2007, 07:25 PM
Shittenheimer eliminated :lol: :lol: :lol:

The choking continues :mrgreen:

RaiderLifer
01-14-2007, 07:45 PM
I sure hope they never fire this guy because they might end up actually winning in the playoffs.

raidersfanxxx
01-14-2007, 08:01 PM
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j158/DaRaidersEdge/HuggyBear.jpg

So who wants to put that in their avatar

yes, very much so...how do i go about doing that?

Crow
01-14-2007, 09:36 PM
In 2004 Gallery, Sims, Grove, Walker let up 29 sacks all season it was top 10 best in the NFL. Now with Art Shell and his genius crew they let up like 70 or something...

that is a very interesting stat

Something I've tried to get through to people for a while now. Since OL coach Aaron Kromer left for Tampa Bay, our line has fallen apart.

Coaching.

Crow
01-14-2007, 09:40 PM

If we land an extra 2nd round pick, I'd take Leonard there without hesitating.

Look at what Chris Cooley has done for Washington's offense. Lead blocking, inline blocking, receiving, YAC...Leonard is the same type of player, except that he can also play tailback at a high level.

I'd say he's easily a 2nd round pick and deservedly so. If we somehow managed to land him at the top of Rd3, we will have gotten a freaking steal, and a guy who addresses needs at 3 different positions.

RaiderLifer
01-14-2007, 09:58 PM

If we land an extra 2nd round pick, I'd take Leonard there without hesitating.

Look at what Chris Cooley has done for Washington's offense. Lead blocking, inline blocking, receiving, YAC...Leonard is the same type of player, except that he can also play tailback at a high level.

I'd say he's easily a 2nd round pick and deservedly so. If we somehow managed to land him at the top of Rd3, we will have gotten a freaking steal, and a guy who addresses needs at 3 different positions.

That is exactly what I was thinking. If he falls to the third I think it's a no brainer. Although our second round pick is too high for him he could really help this offense, he's a hard nosed football player who puts the team first. Exactly the type of guy we need in Oaktown. If we could get a second for Moss it would be perfect.

RaiderLifer
01-14-2007, 10:08 PM
Moss on CBS tonight: "You know me being in my 10th year. I love the game of football but I didn't sign up for this. I feel my career has back tracked since I been in Oakland and I would hope they trade me to the East Coast where I can be happy again."

F*CK this fool. Get him the hell out of here

RaiderNation
01-14-2007, 10:13 PM
Moss on CBS tonight: "You know me being in my 10th year. I love the game of football but I didn't sign up for this. I feel my career has back tracked since I been in Oakland and I would hope they trade me to the East Coast where I can be happy again."

r u forreal? he said that? SWEET!!!!!!!! detriot is on the clock becuz the raiders already got CJ in the door baby

RaiderLifer
01-14-2007, 10:19 PM

r u forreal? he said that? SWEET!!!!!!!! detriot is on the clock becuz the raiders already got CJ in the door baby

Didn't see it personally but I got it off another site (a reliable one) and it was seen by multiple posters. I'm positive it's for real. :shock: :shock: :shock:

D4rk 0ne
01-14-2007, 10:35 PM
It looks like he may very well be going to Green Bay if at least most of the recent reports have been true. I would be glad if he goes because we get rid of him and will more than likely take CJ, who will give our offense a jump start.

I mean seriously, look what he did for GT. With Reggie Ball throwing him passes, he's had like 4-5 drops in the past two years... That's like what Moss has been getting every game this season. Granted Ball at least could scramble and get more time, but still, I don't doubt that Walter is better than Ball. Plus if he can come in and catch balls, we might be able to draw defenders away from plugging the inside, which could open up the run game, which could give Walter more time and effectively allow our offense to run more efficiently. Of course if we could sign a couple of proven lineman then we'd be in great shape.

PS: Raiders > Packers in terms of posts hehe...

Komp
01-14-2007, 10:40 PM
Yah during the Shrine Bowl or Senior Bowl [whichever one was on Saturday I can't keep track of the meaningless post-season ones] Moss was in the booth and said he wants to go somewhere we he can get a Super Bowl ring cause he feels he "deserves it" for all his hard work throughout the years. :lol: Someone needs to tell him they don't just hand out rings.

However he also said he feels there is enough talent in the Raider locker room to get to the playoffs and that he was fine with the QB situation in Oakland. :roll:

Whatever.... I want CJ in Silver and Black so if Moss is gone it makes CJ a more realistic possibility.

PS - Anyone know which QB's are going to FA's in 2008? I'm curious...

portermvp84
01-14-2007, 10:46 PM
Anybody watch that Halu bowl on ESPN tonight there was a WR on their who made one hell of a two point conversion his name was Brett Smith out of Tennesse, he can really jump and decen hands hopfully he will be there in the 6th or 7th. good late round prospect.

Crow
01-14-2007, 11:10 PM

Here's a list. (http://www.thenflforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24367)

RaiderLifer
01-14-2007, 11:54 PM

He was talking about 2008 but thanks for the update on this year it helps in the shorter term

RaiderNation
01-15-2007, 12:08 AM

He was talking about 2008 but thanks for the update on this year it helps in the shorter term

i think 2008 will be the year where either we draft a qb in round one( mayb not cuz brohm or russell have a slight chance to drop to the 2nd but it wont likely happen) or know if walter is our guy

Paranoidmoonduck
01-15-2007, 12:21 AM
That 2008 FA quarterback market didn't look half bad.

Oaktown1981
01-15-2007, 12:26 AM
That 2008 FA quarterback market didn't look half bad. That list if for 2007 not 2008

Schaub is a RFA this year.

RaiderNation
01-15-2007, 01:17 AM
i just had the dumbest idea but what if we try curry as qb lol. he was a qb in college. u never know. could be better than walter plus hes fast. i know it wont happen but just wanted to say it :twisted:

slightlyaraiderfan
01-15-2007, 03:15 AM
The rumor monger said we are going to interview Denny Green this week...which is just basically to comply with the Rooney rule.

Vespasian
01-15-2007, 03:18 AM
The rumor monger said we are going to interview Denny Green this week...which is just basically to comply with the Rooney rule.

Make you feel good to be Green eh?

Vespasian
01-15-2007, 03:36 AM
Best Case Scenario (IMO):

1. draft AP - (I don't think trading down will be possible - other than Detroit, who holds the 2nd pick, Jacksonville is perhaps the only other team out there looking for a QB and I highly doubt that they will trade up that far to get one - it would cost too much)

2. trade Randy Moss - (I'd take Atlanta's 2nd round pick)

3. 2nd round draft either OL or DL

4. 2nd round (ATL) draft either OL or DL

5. 3rd round draft Brian Leonard

Second day look for another LB, OL, WR, TE

We drop LJ and AB, sign a back up QB for Walter and pound the running game with Curry, Porter and Gabe playing on the wings.

Crow
01-15-2007, 12:31 PM
I'm not so sure I wouldn't snare Leonard with that extra 2nd rounder. Some team may fall in love with that versatility and grab him before he falls to 3.

Komp
01-15-2007, 12:52 PM
I think Leonard is a great character guy but using a rd2 pick on him would be tough to justify considering you could grab a good OL/DT at the same spot.

RaiderLifer
01-15-2007, 01:00 PM

1. draft AP - (I don't think trading down will be possible - other than Detroit, who holds the 2nd pick, Jacksonville is perhaps the only other team out there looking for a QB and I highly doubt that they will trade up that far to get one - it would cost too much)

We drop LJ and AB, sign a back up QB for Walter and pound the running game with Curry, Porter and Gabe playing on the wings.

I like it, but here is the best case scenario (IMO)

1. CJ WR: Can't go wrong with the best player in the draft

2. Joe Staley OT: We need help everywhere on the OL especially tackle.

2b. trade Randy Draft Brian Leonard FB: Runs great routes, great hands, good lead blocker, and a good tough runner.

3a. Justin Harrel DT: Solid run stuffer to add to the rotation whether or not Sands leaves we could use him

3b. Woodson Comp. Trent Edwards QB: I like this guy more than most. We are only going to have one QB on the roster but we will add a vet and Edwards is the perfect project guy who can sit and learn (hopefully from a vet and Sark)

We end up with the best player in the draft and a replacement for Randy, much needed OT help, a full back who will help the running game/blocking scheme and be the QB's favorite dump off, a run stuffing DT, and a project QB of the future. This is unlike some of my past mocks but I really would do back flips if this was our first day.

RaiderLifer
01-15-2007, 01:53 PM
Opinions/Feed back on the above scenario is appreciated. :roll:

RaiderNation
01-15-2007, 01:55 PM

2b. trade Randy Draft Brian Leonard FB: Runs great routes, great hands, good lead blocker, and a good tough runner.

3a. Justin Harrel DT: Solid run stuffer to add to the rotation whether or not Sands leaves we could use him

3b. Woodson Comp. Trent Edwards QB: I like this guy more than most. We are only going to have one QB on the roster but we will add a vet and Edwards is the perfect project guy who can sit and learn (hopefully from a vet and Sark)

We end up with the best player in the draft and a replacement for Randy, much needed OT help, a full back who will help the running game/blocking scheme and be the QB's favorite dump off, a run stuffing DT, and a project QB of the future. This is unlike some of my past mocks but I really would do back flips if this was our first day.

IMO we should...
1st draft CJ
trade moss and our 2nd for a pick in the 20's of the 1st round and pick brian brohm/jamarcus russell
3rd draft either OL or DL
4th which ever one we didnt pick in the 3rd

RaiderLifer
01-15-2007, 02:12 PM

IMO we should...
1st draft CJ
trade moss and our 2nd for a pick in the 20's of the 1st round and pick brian brohm/jamarcus russell

Brohm is staying and Russell won't be there at 20 IMO. If you knew he wouldn't be there at 20 would you go with him at 1? I am too in love with CJ there especially if we trade Moss. Without Brohm in the class I don't see a QB in the first worth taking at 20.

RaiderNation
01-15-2007, 02:18 PM

IMO we should...
1st draft CJ

Brohm is staying and Russell won't be there at 20 IMO. If you knew he wouldn't be there at 20 would you go with him at 1? I am too in love with CJ there especially if we trade Moss. Without Brohm in the class I don't see a QB in the first worth taking at 20.

if russell drops past carolina, we will end up in the 20's. only team in their that would draft him is chiefs and possibly the ravens. no i still want CJ at 1 even if russell doesnt go into the 20's.

RaiderLifer
01-15-2007, 02:39 PM

IMO we should...
1st draft CJ

if russell drops past carolina, we will end up in the 20's. only team in their that would draft him is chiefs and possibly the ravens. no i still want CJ at 1 even if russell doesnt go into the 20's.

Your right if he gets by Carolina he will probably be there. I don't see him getting that far though. I think another year of Walter with better OL coaching and the additions listed above plus a TE and perhaps a OT through FA, I think we can not only make improvement but actually competitive.

Crow
01-15-2007, 02:43 PM
I think Leonard is a great character guy but using a rd2 pick on him would be tough to justify considering you could grab a good OL/DT at the same spot.

A DT? Like who?

Leonard gives us help at 3 different positions. If we can draft Stanford Routt's pitiful ass in Rd2, an actual football player like Leonard shouldn't be an issue.

RaiderLifer
01-15-2007, 03:01 PM

A DT? Like who?

Leonard gives us help at 3 different positions. If we can draft Stanford Routt's pitiful ass in Rd2, an actual football player like Leonard shouldn't be an issue.

His character is nice but I want him because he is a beast. Brayton was a character guy, I want talent and in my opinion Leonard has it. He's a weapon on offense and last year we were bringing spoons to a gunfight. He would help Walter out immensely as an outlet/ dump off, and would help with blitz pickup and run blocking. What's not to like?

locseti
01-15-2007, 03:35 PM

A DT? Like who?

I am all for Leonard in the second, I really think that these kinds of H back versatility players can be incredibly useful if properly utilized. If we do get a second round pick for Moss, then I would definitely want Leonard and one of these guys, depending on who's there and who we have already selected :

Michael Bush
Kenny Irons
Zach miller
Greg Olsen

Leonard is the type of football player that any coach would love to have on his team. TE is such an important position, and if we had a decent TE and an H back like Leonard moving around the backfield, there would be matchup problems all over the field.

RaiderLifer
01-15-2007, 03:52 PM

A DT? Like who?

I am all for Leonard in the second, I really think that these kinds of H back versatility players can be incredibly useful if properly utilized. If we do get a second round pick for Moss, then I would definitely want Leonard and one of these guys, depending on who's there and who we have already selected :

Michael Bush
Kenny Irons
Zach miller
Greg Olsen

Leonard is the type of football player that any coach would love to have on his team. TE is such an important position, and if we had a decent TE and an H back like Leonard moving around the backfield, there would be matchup problems all over the field.

I wouldn't be upset with anyone on that list. :lol:

Matthew Jones
01-15-2007, 04:19 PM
The Raiders are going to have a very tough choice on their hands. The way I see it, they have four different possible directions: Brady Quinn, JaMarcus Russell, Adrian Peterson, or Calvin Johnson (trading out of the first pick is going to be too hard, as no one will want to give up something of equal value because they know the Raiders will be desperate to get out of there.) Raiders fans will tell you that Al Davis doesn't like drafting first-round quarterbacks, but it's never been such a big need, and it's possible that they took Michael Huff over Matt Leinart or Jay Cutler last year because they knew they'd have a shot at someone like Quinn this year. However, I don't think it's fair to have someone like Quinn come in and be expected to drag such a pathetic team out of the dumps. For this reason, a more experienced free agent quarterback might be a good idea. David Carr might be a free agent possibility, assuming he's cut - the Raiders could also explore trade options for someone like a Byron Leftwich who will be able to get the ball downfield. It's hard to tell whether LaMont Jordan, Randy Moss, and Jerry Porter will be back - Jordan and Porter will most likely be cut, and the team should see what they can get for Moss before he's completely worthless while still being ready to hold onto him if they're not getting good value. I would personally draft Adrian Peterson in this spot looking at the short-term only. Quarterbacks and wide receivers drafted in the first round have about a 50-50 chance of being a bust, as those are two of the most difficult positions to learn in the pros. Peterson is clearly a special type of runner, and he could give the Raiders stability in their ground game. So, for the long-term, I believe Calvin Johnson is the pick to make here. He's a big, athletic playmaker who works hard. Also, it's important to look ahead to the next couple of drafts, and even the next couple of rounds. No matter who the Raiders draft here, they're probably still going to be picking in the top three to five picks next year, which means they'll be in contention to draft Darren McFadden. Can you imagine a future with Byron Leftwich at quarterback, Darren McFadden at tailback, and Calvin Johnson and Randy Moss at wide receiver?

RaiderNation
01-15-2007, 06:03 PM
if jordan gets cut we will pick AD with out question. if hes not CJ will be our guy

Komp
01-15-2007, 06:44 PM
I still say picking Leonard before round 3 is a mistake unless he is a great blocking FB. Unless you think Leonard can be an every down back he isn't worth a 2nd round pick.

As for DT's, someone mentioned Justin Harrell's name and you never know, Tank Tyler could fall to rd2. Plus someone like Arron Sears could drop down and we saw how late 1st rd/early 2nd rd SEC OT's did this year [ex. Marcus McNeil].

Someone else I'm interested in is Brandon Mebane. He looks like a poor-man's Tamba Hali to me.

D4rk 0ne
01-15-2007, 07:19 PM
... You don't pick someone up based on how another completely unrelated person performed just because of his position and the approximate time of the pick... That's absolutely rediculous...

Komp
01-15-2007, 07:43 PM
... You don't pick someone up based on how another completely unrelated person performed just because of his position and the approximate time of the pick... That's absolutely rediculous...

All I'm saying is that SEC OT's go up against SEC defenses. If they can perform well against SEC competition I would say there are favorable odds on them performing admirably in the NFL compared to an OT from a conference not known for strong D's [Pac-10, etc].

I'd rather get an DT anyways.

D4rk 0ne
01-15-2007, 07:50 PM

All I'm saying is that SEC OT's go up against SEC defenses. If they can perform well against SEC competition I would say there are favorable odds on them performing admirably in the NFL compared to an OT from a conference not known for strong D's [Pac-10, etc].

I'd rather get an DT anyways.
That is a fair argument. I would much rather sign a few vets to the line than draft them. I mean I would love a couple late-rounders to develop, but I don't want to place all our trust in a group with only one or two guys with over a year of experience.

RaiderLifer
01-15-2007, 10:36 PM
I still say picking Leonard before round 3 is a mistake unless he is a great blocking FB. Unless you think Leonard can be an every down back he isn't worth a 2nd round pick.

As for DT's, someone mentioned Justin Harrell's name and you never know, Tank Tyler could fall to rd2. Plus someone like Arron Sears could drop down and we saw how late 1st rd/early 2nd rd SEC OT's did this year [ex. Marcus McNeil].

Someone else I'm interested in is Brandon Mebane. He looks like a poor-man's Tamba Hali to me.

Would you draft a TE before the 3rd? If so, I don't see your point because his impact could easily exceed any rookie TE in this class in terms of catches and contribution to pass/run blocking.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-15-2007, 11:00 PM
Tank Tyler will most likely be there in the 2nd.take him and the defense is complete.
Byron Leftwich is a bust.
no McFadden will most likely be in the top five next year if not the top ten.
Oakland has the talent to get above that.
another guy im interested in is Dusty Divoracheck.he was drafted last year in teh third by the bears.the guy has talent.i say we make a trade for him.think about what our dline coaches have done with kelly and Sands.Dusty was a better prospect coming out then both of them.just a wild thought.but who knows.
I still dont get why everbody is all that wild about Olsen and Miller.i like em to.but Oakland needs a guy who can catch consistently.not saying these guys cant but you can pick up guys like Newton and Chandler in the third or fourth rounds.they can catch consistently.
my mock
1.AP
2.Tank Tyler
3a.Ryan Kalil
3b.Newton

Komp
01-15-2007, 11:54 PM

Would you draft a TE before the 3rd? If so, I don't see your point because his impact could easily exceed any rookie TE in this class in terms of catches and contribution to pass/run blocking.

Who are you going to take off the field and replace with Leonard? Not a FB cause Leonard probably isn't as good of a blocker and not at TE cause he doesn't have the speed/size you need in a receiver. It won't be at RB cause I don't see how he is better than Lamont. Spending a 2nd rd pick on a guy that isn't on the field for 80% of your offensive plays is a waste in my opinion. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Komp
01-15-2007, 11:55 PM
No I would not take a TE before the 3rd rd this year. Not when we have holes to fill on DL/WR/QB etc...

RaiderLifer
01-16-2007, 12:08 AM

Who are you going to take off the field and replace with Leonard? Not a FB cause Leonard probably isn't as good of a blocker and not at TE cause he doesn't have the speed/size you need in a receiver. It won't be at RB cause I don't see how he is better than Lamont. Spending a 2nd rd pick on a guy that isn't on the field for 80% of your offensive plays is a waste in my opinion. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Agree to disagree, but for the record I would take any full back or TE on our roster off the field for Leonard. He is an above average blocker for his position and he runs better routes and has better hands than Anderson/Williams. I also think he could be a big part of our run game sort of in the way Alscott was early in his career. I respect your opinion just tend to value him more than you do.

Vespasian
01-16-2007, 12:44 AM
Has anyone heard any more news on the status of LaMont's knee?

Initial reports had him out for a year with a torn MCL.

Does this still stand?

Paranoidmoonduck
01-16-2007, 02:23 AM
words

Tank Tyler is by no means a sure thing to be in the 2nd. With Dorsey dropping out, he is very likely to go in the 20-32 range.

Dvoracek was injured all year, and brings us the exact same thing we already have, undertackles.

Sapp, although old, is coming off a 10 sack Pro Bowl season; Kelly is young and a solid player, and Hawthorne would probably make a decent backup in the league.

As for the TE's, Miller and Olsen could bring a real threat to the position. If Sarkisian comes in, the USC offense has made use of athletic tightends consistently. Newton and Chandler (and Spaethe) are solid all-around players, but Olsen and Miller (I like Miller more) could be a great weapon, especially inside the redzone.

locseti
01-16-2007, 04:25 AM

The fact is we need weapons on offense, our defense is cool for the time being. If we have 2 2nd round picks, we can beef up the offensive side of the ball (which is by far the biggest, BIGGEST, need) with two versatile players. And I really believe that you can get these types of versatile playmakers in the draft and they are a way lower risk than DT's or OT's.

locseti
01-16-2007, 04:33 AM
Olsen/Miller are PLAYMAKERS, a different breed than Newton/Spaeth and the like. TE is VITAL these days. You guys know this. Our D is cool, Sapp and Kelly (Beast) are more than decent DT's. And Antaj to rotate, our D is cool for now, we need to focus on O early in the draft.

portermvp84
01-16-2007, 02:39 PM
Yes, i do agree are defense is fine right now. The main consern is to get our offense rolling, and get the wholes filled in the line.

slightlyaraiderfan
01-16-2007, 02:51 PM
I don't know if the defense is "fine", but I would like to focus on offense in the early rounds.

nobodyinparticular
01-16-2007, 05:11 PM
Olsen/Miller are PLAYMAKERS, a different breed than Newton/Spaeth and the like. TE is VITAL these days. You guys know this. Our D is cool, Sapp and Kelly (Beast) are more than decent DT's. And Antaj to rotate, our D is cool for now, we need to focus on O early in the draft.

TE may be vital, but Miller and especially Olsen are nothing special by any stretch of the imagination.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-16-2007, 06:03 PM
Kelly is not a starter.that guy really does nothing to help against the run.
Divoracheck is much more talented than Kelly and with Oaklands coaching would make a much better starter than Kelly.
the USC games i have watched have had the TEs barely involved.if this do to the system then id or due to the fact they have an awesome WR corp i dont know.
I really do see only two holes in the line as of now.
C and RT.i believe it was the coaching this past year that was the problem.

nobodyinparticular
01-16-2007, 06:05 PM
Kelly is not a starter.that guy really does nothing to help against the run.
Divoracheck is much more talented than Kelly and with Oaklands coaching would make a much better starter than Kelly.
the USC games i have watched have had the TEs barely involved.if this do to the system then id or due to the fact they have an awesome WR corp i dont know.
I really do see only two holes in the line as of now.
C and RT.i believe it was the coaching this past year that was the problem.

Kelly would be a lot better if he had a true NT beside him, which he did in previous years with Ted Washington. He also played better against the pass and the run when he had Sands next to him instead of Sapp. Just keep that in mind that right now the Raiders are starting 2 UTs at DT.

slightlyaraiderfan
01-16-2007, 06:13 PM
Fred Davis had himself a decent year, and made some big catches. They used him in the slot a lot and liked to put him out in space...where he could use his athletic ability. If our offense is anything like the SC offense, I think we will deffinitely see incresed production from our TEs.

PACKmanN
01-16-2007, 06:17 PM
Have u guys heard the rumers about Moss going to GB and if so what were we offering u, some names ive heard are Bubba Franks.

Windy
01-16-2007, 06:20 PM
we have the worst redzone offense and a te like miller would be great.

slightlyaraiderfan
01-16-2007, 06:25 PM
Have u guys heard the rumers about Moss going to GB and if so what were we offering u, some names ive heard are Bubba Franks.
uhh Thats the first time i've heard Franks name, I've seen Ferguson or Robinson plus a 3rd.

slightlyaraiderfan
01-16-2007, 06:27 PM
we have the worst redzone offense and a te like miller would be great.
word homie.

bernbabybern820
01-16-2007, 07:13 PM
i wondering why we never did fades to moss in the endzone when we obviously couldnt run it in? i only remember one fade attempt and that resulted in a td.

raiderfan4life
01-16-2007, 08:10 PM
Lofton set to become Raiders coach

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20070116-1653-bn16lofton.html

slightlyaraiderfan
01-16-2007, 08:49 PM
Lofton set to become Raiders coach

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20070116-1653-bn16lofton.html
huh..

Windy
01-16-2007, 08:56 PM
im pretty sure that the lofton interview is just a courtesy.

this news is even bigger! i love this guy from the patriots

Raiders | Team eyeing McDaniels
Tue, 16 Jan 2007 18:28:52 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Oakland Raiders are eyeing New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels as their next head coach.

slightlyaraiderfan
01-16-2007, 09:10 PM
Sark seemed like a sure thing...now there is two reports that say different.

raiderfan4life
01-16-2007, 10:03 PM
Go to espn news... breaking news.