PDA

View Full Version : Oakland Raiders Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13

Windy
01-16-2007, 10:04 PM
****. wow i dont know if i should be happy or what. he was a great player

RaiderNation
01-16-2007, 10:13 PM
***********. wow i dont know if i should be happy or what. he was a great player

id rather have the guy from usc

Windy
01-16-2007, 10:14 PM
***********. wow i dont know if i should be happy or what. he was a great player

id rather have the guy from usc

same this caught me by surprise hopefully its wrong

RaiderLifer
01-16-2007, 10:42 PM
I don't believe it. Just reported he left without a deal in place. I still think Sark is our guy.

Komp
01-16-2007, 11:02 PM
You never know, a 32 year old head coach might scare Al a bit. But I'd rather have Sarkisian than Lofton. Lofton isn't even an OC, don't know how he can be a HC. We need a HC that can come in and bring in his own offense.

The one nice thing about Lofton is that he will probably want to pick CJ and he'd be able to help his development quite a bit I'm guessing.

RaiderLifer
01-16-2007, 11:46 PM
"We're just working some things out," Lofton said between meetings with Raiders managing general partner Al Davis and other team officials at the team's year-round facility in Alameda. "Things are going pretty well."

Oh god I'm going to be sick

D-Unit
01-16-2007, 11:56 PM
If this is true... My condolences.

nobodyinparticular
01-17-2007, 12:09 AM
If this is true... My condolences.

:cry: You're just here to rub it in... I WANT SARK!!!!!

Raidernation55
01-17-2007, 12:16 AM
Man i dont want lofton. I WANT SARK. forget lofton.

raidersfanxxx
01-17-2007, 12:28 AM
as the days go by it just seems like things get worse and worse. if we hire lofton i have no idea how im going to go on.

raidersfanxxx
01-17-2007, 12:33 AM
im going to pray to god tonight that when i get off work and look online SARK will be are official head coach. hopefully my next post will say, "THANK YOU GOD!"

nobodyinparticular
01-17-2007, 12:38 AM
Ah, Nation and Triple-X I agree with you both whole-heartedly.

slightlyaraiderfan
01-17-2007, 12:51 AM
This seems too weird, news like this doesn't come out of Raider camp...so, I don't believe it.

RaiderNation
01-17-2007, 12:57 AM
if we dont announce in the next few days who our coach is, i think it means sark will be the guy. i think we r just checking a little more coaches to see whos out there.

Crow
01-17-2007, 05:41 AM
Raiders fans will tell you that Al Davis doesn't like drafting first-round quarterbacks, but it's never been such a big need,

It's no more a need now than it was a year ago.

We've needed a QB in recent years a lot worse than we need one now.

and it's possible that they took Michael Huff over Matt Leinart or Jay Cutler last year because they knew they'd have a shot at someone like Quinn this year.

That's just silly. I can't imagine Al assuming that he'd have a top 5 pick.

We passed on Leinart and Cutler for the same reasons we'll pass on Quinn and Russell: Neither adds anything to the team that we don't already have. Al Davis will add a couple veteran QBs during the offseason, just like he always does when he needs a QB.

However, I don't think it's fair to have someone like Quinn come in and be expected to drag such a pathetic team out of the dumps.

But it's fair to judge Andrew Walter for not being able to single handedly turn the other 10 idiots on offense into good football players?

For this reason, a more experienced free agent quarterback might be a good idea.

Now you're starting to make sense.

David Carr might be a free agent possibility, assuming he's cut - the Raiders could also explore trade options for someone like a Byron Leftwich who will be able to get the ball downfield.

A punch-drunk Jeff Tedford protege and a slug with the slowest release in football. Hmm. If they'd sign for under a mill, sure...provided we don't have to give up a draft pick for them. Otherwise, screw 'em.

It's hard to tell whether LaMont Jordan, Randy Moss, and Jerry Porter will be back - Jordan and Porter will most likely be cut, and the team should see what they can get for Moss before he's completely worthless while still being ready to hold onto him if they're not getting good value.

Oakland would have to be drunk and ******** to retain Moss after this season. There's simply no logic to listening to this piece of garbage moan about wanting a trade and watching him give up on routes 5 or 6 yards downfield every single damn week for 16 more weeks. He's poison and needs to be moved for whatever we can get. 5th round pick? Sold.

I would personally draft Adrian Peterson in this spot looking at the short-term only. Quarterbacks and wide receivers drafted in the first round have about a 50-50 chance of being a bust, as those are two of the most difficult positions to learn in the pros. Peterson is clearly a special type of runner, and he could give the Raiders stability in their ground game.

I'd buy a round of drinks for everyone here if that happened.

So, for the long-term, I believe Calvin Johnson is the pick to make here. He's a big, athletic playmaker who works hard.

Bartender! Drinks for everyone!

Also, it's important to look ahead to the next couple of drafts, and even the next couple of rounds.

Brian Leonard, Kenny Irons,...

No matter who the Raiders draft here, they're probably still going to be picking in the top three to five picks next year,

Highly, highly unlikely unless the defense just completely falls off or we somehow manage to replace the worst offensive coaching staff in league history with one just as bad, or even worse.

which means they'll be in contention to draft Darren McFadden. Can you imagine a future with Byron Leftwich at quarterback, Darren McFadden at tailback, and Calvin Johnson and Randy Moss at wide receiver?

Johnson and McFadden, yes. I'd ruin a pair of shorts if that happened. But Leftwich is a joke and Moss is a piece of sh/t. I have no use for either.

Crow
01-17-2007, 06:09 AM
Who are you going to take off the field and replace with Leonard? Not a FB cause Leonard probably isn't as good of a blocker and not at TE cause he doesn't have the speed/size you need in a receiver. It won't be at RB cause I don't see how he is better than Lamont. Spending a 2nd rd pick on a guy that isn't on the field for 80% of your offensive plays is a waste in my opinion. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

80%? You're smoking.

He's a better runner than Jordan, who probably won't even be here anyway.
He's a better lead blocker than Crockett, who's not getting any younger.
He's a better receiver than anyone we have on the roster outside of Ron Curry.

The only time he'd ever come off the field is when he's tired. He could easily lne up at TE in some sets, FB in others, HB in others, single back in still others...

Versatile and good at everything. He's an ideal football player, IMO. Maybe not 33rd overall good, but if we get another 2nd round pick? Take his ass.

Crow
01-17-2007, 06:21 AM
Olsen/Miller are PLAYMAKERS, a different breed than Newton/Spaeth and the like. TE is VITAL these days. You guys know this. Our D is cool, Sapp and Kelly (Beast) are more than decent DT's. And Antaj to rotate, our D is cool for now, we need to focus on O early in the draft.

Our run defense is terrible. A NT is a huge need. People just forget that fact due to how horrendous our offense was.

Worst offensive coaching staff in league history. Barr none.

portermvp84
01-17-2007, 09:29 AM
So crow let me ask you this, who do you think we shuold draft number one overall, IMO I think it should be AD one of the most perfect runningbacks in the future. I perosnally think we will not draft a QB number one thats just not AL. Maybe we will see one in the second or third round but not the first round. Does anybody know if Al is very high on CJ, will be the next Raider?

RaiderLifer
01-17-2007, 11:04 AM
So crow let me ask you this, who do you think we shuold draft number one overall, IMO I think it should be AD one of the most perfect runningbacks in the future. I perosnally think we will not draft a QB number one thats just not AL. Maybe we will see one in the second or third round but not the first round. Does anybody know if Al is very high on CJ, will be the next Raider?

I'm not Crow but here is my take for what it's worth. I say we take CJ if Moss is indeed gone (he has to be doesn't he?) unless CJ is a little slower than being reported. If he runs a 4.6 and AD runs a 4.4 it won't take long for Al to make up his mind. I think the workouts for those two will seal the deal one way or another. I have a feeling AD is going to torch the track at the combine and he will be the pick. I would be ecstatic with either one.

Komp
01-17-2007, 12:52 PM
[quote=Komp]
Who are you going to take off the field and replace with Leonard? Not a FB cause Leonard probably isn't as good of a blocker and not at TE cause he doesn't have the speed/size you need in a receiver. It won't be at RB cause I don't see how he is better than Lamont. Spending a 2nd rd pick on a guy that isn't on the field for 80% of your offensive plays is a waste in my opinion. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

80%? You're smoking.

He's a better runner than Jordan, who probably won't even be here anyway.
[quote]

Come on now....obviously you guys like Leonard a lot more than I do. Unless he can block as good as most FB's in the league I wouldn't take him with anything higher than a 4th rd pick. Like I said earlier, agree to disagree.

Crow
01-17-2007, 03:00 PM
Come on now....obviously you guys like Leonard a lot more than I do. Unless he can block as good as most FB's in the league I wouldn't take him with anything higher than a 4th rd pick. Like I said earlier, agree to disagree.

You're missing the point.

He blocks better than anyone we have, back or TE.
He cathes the ball better than anyone we have, back or TE.
He seems to be a better runner than anyone we have.

If all he was was a blocker, then no. A 2nd round pick would be silly. But, like I said before, he's a guy who addresses needs at 3 different positions. There aren't many players who can do that.

Porter, I waffle between Peterson and Johnson. Both address a glaring need. Both are special players. Obviously, RB trumps WR on a positional value chart. But Johnson is just so uncommonly good that one good certainly make the case that he should be the pick. There's also several RBs we could get later on who would be solid additions.

That said, AP's vision, speed, strength, etc are hard to pass up. He could very well give us the dynamic runner that I think most of us dream of when we see LT and LJ out there.

Crow
01-17-2007, 03:03 PM
Looks like Lofton may be interviewing for an assistant's position.

I can't get excited about him or Sark. Neither strike me as being anywhere near up to the task of leading this team.

RaiderLifer
01-17-2007, 05:45 PM
I, like many of you do not see Al drafting a QB with the number one overall pick. If it was my pick to make, I would take AD or CJ (I refuse to judge Walter on last years performance). That being said if Al was to take a QB number one overall (there is always a chance he falls in love with one or the other) who would you want it to be? Please don't respond with "Al won't draft a QB" because as I stated above I'm with you. Just curious who the Nation prefers Quinn or Russell or anyone else from this class. We can all speculate on what Al will do but until someone's standing there #1 jersey in hand none of us really KNOW.

D4rk 0ne
01-17-2007, 06:49 PM
Depends on the HC/OC. With Sark at HC and someone like Fassel at OC, Quinn would be better. I think Sark prefers QBs like Quinn. But Al might like Russell more than Quinn and if he has a HC/OC who don't have a preference or just don't get any input then it would be Russell. Personally it's a tough decision but I would take Quinn in the end. If we can give him some protection and draft someone like Rice or Meachem in the second, he may be good.

SubNoize
01-17-2007, 07:09 PM
SARK interviewed for the 2nd time today... let's keep our fingers crossed that we offer him a contract soon. no link... is on nfl.com front page.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-17-2007, 07:11 PM
SARK interviewed for the 2nd time today... let's keep our fingers crossed that we offer him a contract soon. no link... is on nfl.com front page.Al dont be stupid this one time.

SubNoize
01-17-2007, 07:28 PM
I have a gut feeling that either Lofton or Sark are actually being sought after for OC. I think which ever is not hired for HC will end up being the OC. With the anominity as to who is interviewed and why, you really can't distinguish... I don't see trestman as the guy for either position, so like i said before whoever gets the HC will have the other as his OC...

Komp
01-17-2007, 07:46 PM

I think you are over estimating his running ability. There is a reason he has taken a back seat to Ray Rice at Rutgers. He is only 6'2 so I highly doubt he is as good of red zone threat as our TE's [granted our TE's can't catch nerf balls]. I think we can find a TE that is a much better receiver than him through free agency [even with this years slim crop], and he isn't even the best runner on his team in college so he can he possibly be a starter in the NFL? That is the point that I'm making. We will find a TE in the next year or two that is much better receiver than a 6'2, 235lb FB. We already have a RB that is better than him. So all that he can really offer to us is his blocking ability.

If I were to compare Brian Leonard to a real world instrument he would be one of those combo TV/VCR/DVD players. Sure they can do lots of things and they work for the time being. But really, they don't do anything overtly well and you're much better off being patient and saving up and buying a seperate TV, DVD and VCR.

I see what you are saying how he can fill a lot of needs right now, but I'd rather draft someone in the 2nd/3rd rd that will still be a major part of our team 5 years from now, not just a temporary band aid. That being said, if he can come in and win the FB position with his blocking skills, throw in his intangibles and it does make some sense.

RaiderNation
01-17-2007, 09:04 PM
I have a gut feeling that either Lofton or Sark are actually being sought after for OC. I think which ever is not hired for HC will end up being the OC. With the anominity as to who is interviewed and why, you really can't distinguish... I don't see trestman as the guy for either position, so like i said before whoever gets the HC will have the other as his OC...

sark will only accept a HC position. why would he leave a OC at usc to become one at oakland? i would love for loften to OC too

slightlyaraiderfan
01-17-2007, 09:59 PM
SARK interviewed for the 2nd time today... let's keep our fingers crossed that we offer him a contract soon. no link... is on nfl.com front page.

Here it is, this is a good sign.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/OAK/9937452

SARF wants SARK :!:

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-17-2007, 10:08 PM

SARF wants SARK :!:same.

nobodyinparticular
01-17-2007, 10:13 PM

If all he was was a blocker, then no. A 2nd round pick would be silly. But, like I said before, he's a guy who addresses needs at 3 different positions. There aren't many players who can do that.

Dang... That's a solid argument... I still don't know if I'm sold, but it would give us more to go with Leonard and Johnson than it would Irons/Bush and Johnson. Leonard is Michael Bush, Greg Olsen and ++Zack Crockett all in one. It's like getting 2 2nd round picks and a 5th round pick all with the #33 pick.

Now if we get Peterson, that's a different story. I don't know if it would make quite as much sense with Fargas still on the roster to spell Peterson and a need at WR.

nobodyinparticular
01-17-2007, 10:14 PM

SARF wants SARK :!:same.

I'll throw my hat in this ring as well. We'll need to bring in an assistant head coach to take care of the micro-management of the NFL business though with Sark's lack of experience.

Komp
01-17-2007, 10:27 PM
I'm definitely in Camp Sark as well. Come on Al, pull the trigger on this deal...

Windy
01-17-2007, 10:45 PM
I think the reason we are waiting is because we arent allowed to interview josh mcdaniels (NE OC) yet. Adam Schefter is reporting that its between him and sarkisian.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9937529

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-17-2007, 10:49 PM
ESPN's Len Pasquerelli reports Steve Sarkisian and the Oakland Raiders have begun contract negotiations to make the 32 year old USC assistant the team's new Head Coach. He cited a league source as saying the negotiations could last a few days. This coming from a report on ESPN.com posted at 9:00 pm Est. He also went on to say that the Raiders informed Sark earlier today that last nights reports about the team offering the job to James Lofton were false.

nobodyinparticular
01-17-2007, 11:30 PM
ESPN's Len Pasquerelli reports Steve Sarkisian and the Oakland Raiders have begun contract negotiations to make the 32 year old USC assistant the team's new Head Coach. He cited a league source as saying the negotiations could last a few days. This coming from a report on ESPN.com posted at 9:00 pm Est. He also went on to say that the Raiders informed Sark earlier today that last nights reports about the team offering the job to James Lofton were false.

PLEASE BE TRUE!!!!!!

D4rk 0ne
01-17-2007, 11:54 PM

PLEASE BE TRUE!!!!!!
++

RaiderLifer
01-18-2007, 12:05 AM
Now it makes sense...Al hammers out contract parameters with Lofton, tells Sark that Lofton is his second choice and that if he doesn't accept a similar offer than he will go with Lofton. Some call it cheap but Al is shrewd and always will be, it's part of what made him so successful. Of course this is all conjecture but it would make sense.

Borat
01-18-2007, 12:34 AM
Now it makes sense...Al hammers out contract parameters with Lofton, tells Sark that Lofton is his second choice and that if he doesn't accept a similar offer than he will go with Lofton. Some call it cheap but Al is shrewd and always will be, it's part of what made him so successful. Of course this is all conjecture but it would make sense.

Some might call it shrewd, but here's what Sportingnews thinks:

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n247/sabufoo/AlDavis.jpg

That's pretty F'd up of sportingnews.

Vespasian
01-18-2007, 12:55 AM
I think it sucks that we're down to choosing between a college QB coach and a NFL WR's coach.

RaiderLifer
01-18-2007, 01:01 AM

Some might call it shrewd, but here's what Sportingnews thinks:

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n247/sabufoo/AlDavis.jpg

That's pretty F'd up of sportingnews.

I could give a chit what Sporting News has to say. Where are all the questions about the owners without three rings, five SB appearances, a SB appearance in the last five years, one of the highest winning %'s in the NFL, and a HOF bust? If Al was nice to the media you wouldn't have these rags ripping him. He has made some wrong decisions so has everyone who has ever been in a position of power for decades. F*&$ the haters.

slightlyaraiderfan
01-18-2007, 01:06 AM
I think it sucks that we're down to choosing between a college QB coach and a NFL WR's coach.
You can look at it that way, or you can say that Davis seems to have an eye for spoting the next young hot shot HC.

Vespasian
01-18-2007, 02:02 AM
You can look at it that way, or you can say that Davis seems to have an eye for spoting the next young hot shot HC.

What has he done to prove that he's the next hot shot?

Other than get a look from Davis?

Shell sucked.
Turner sucked.
Calahan sucked.

Do I see a pattern?

slightlyaraiderfan
01-18-2007, 02:12 AM

Shell sucked.
Turner sucked.
Calahan sucked.

Do I see a pattern?
Shell and Turner were pretty much last resorts, and we did get to a SB will Callahan. But no, the ones I was refering are Petrino, Peyton, Mangini and I know im forgetting some....one of those would have been our head coach right now if it werent for Al Davis and the kind of control he wants of the team. So no, it wasnt just a look.

portermvp84
01-18-2007, 09:40 AM

Shell sucked.
Turner sucked.
Calahan sucked.

Do I see a pattern?

I do see the patern. Art Shell was horrible but I think we should at least kept him one more season, just to see what he could of done. We hired the worst offensive coorinator.

Turner is a good offesive mind guy, he's kinda like Dave Campo he really isn't sure about coaching decsions. He would be a good guy to keep at OC, at least better than Tom Walsh. He isn't a big defensive minded coach thats why our defense blew when he was head coach.

Bill Calahan was good one season he took us to the SB, then it went all down hill from there he lost control of the locker room he kept around guys that were a hundred years old.

I do see the patern happening hopefully chooses the right guy for this job, I'm tired of these loosing seasons I want a good season next year.

RaiderLifer
01-18-2007, 02:29 PM
The two retreads sucked. The in house promotion took us to the SB (and stupidly didn't change the game plan while facing the guy that wrote it). The young guys that Al likes have for the most part been successful. Let's just get Sark in here and see what he can do. Him and Hudson Houck and were back in the running.

RaiderLifer
01-18-2007, 02:44 PM
Schefter is reporting that both Sark and Lane Kiffin are in Oaklnad talking to Al. This would be perfect IMO. They have been working together in a pro style offense game planning and calling plays. If it is Sark HC, Kiffin OC I am completely satisfied. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Borat
01-18-2007, 02:48 PM
Schefter is reporting that both Sark and Lane Kiffin are in Oaklnad talking to Al. This would be perfect IMO. They have been working together in a pro style offense game planning and calling plays. If it is Sark HC, Kiffin OC I am completely satisfied. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought Schefter was a Raider Hater and a rumor monger :roll:

RaiderLifer
01-18-2007, 02:54 PM

I thought Schefter was a Raider Hater and a rumor monger :roll:

I don't know whether or not what he says is true, but as far as I am concerned he is about as accurate as any national media source can ever be when it comes to the Raiders (which isn't saying a whole lot). That is why I talked about the report as just that a report not fact. I added the requisite if for unsubstantiated reports. That being said I don't have to like the person to like what he is reporting. :roll:

RaiderLifer
01-18-2007, 03:29 PM
"Wide receiver Dwayne Jarrett was an All-American first teamer and Biletnikoff Award finalist. Troy's offense was in the national Top 6 in every offensive category, including tops in total offense (579.8) and second in scoring offense (49.1), and set Pac-10 records for total offense yardage, first downs, points scored, touchdowns and PATs. The Trojans, who scored 50 points a school-record 7 times, won games by an average of 26.2 points. USC became the first school to have a 3,000-yard passer, a pair of 1,000-yard runners and a 1,000-yard receiver in a season." 8)

bernbabybern820
01-18-2007, 03:40 PM

Shell sucked.
Turner sucked.
Calahan sucked.

Do I see a pattern?

Madden won a superbowl
Shanahan won a superbowl
Gruden won a superbowl

All hired and given a chance by Al. All in their young thirties. I would say thats a pretty good pattern.

Komp
01-18-2007, 04:27 PM
If we got Sark as our HC and Kiffin as our OC can you imagine? Not only that but they've played against Quinn every year so they know more about him than most and whether he is worth taking with the first pick. I just hope Rob Ryan is ok with everything. We needed a HC that can bring an offense with him and I don't think Ryan would leave when all of his hard work with this young defense is just starting to come to fruition.

slightlyaraiderfan
01-18-2007, 04:30 PM
8)

D4rk 0ne
01-18-2007, 04:34 PM
That would be so perfect especially if Ryan stays.

Windy
01-18-2007, 04:47 PM
too bad leinart isnt in this years draft. sark+kiffin+leinart= :D

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-18-2007, 05:36 PM
If we got Sark as our HC and Kiffin as our OC can you imagine? Not only that but they've played against Quinn every year so they know more about him than most and whether he is worth taking with the first pick. I just hope Rob Ryan is ok with everything. We needed a HC that can bring an offense with him and I don't think Ryan would leave when all of his hard work with this young defense is just starting to come to fruition.In an interview with on the radio Sark was asked about both Quinn and Russell.he seemed to like Quinn a good deal more.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-18-2007, 06:36 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20070116/1066004.asp
i thought this was interesting.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-18-2007, 06:56 PM
If there were any doubts that Sarkisian is the man Al Davis has selected to lead the Raiders in 2007 and hopefully beyond, they were erased Thursday when Lane Kiffin arrived in Alameda.http://www.ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/2007/01/18/usc-connection-means-its-sarks-job/

:D :D :D :D :D :D

D4rk 0ne
01-18-2007, 08:17 PM
How does this apply to the Raiders?

As for the article,
It doesn't mean Kiffin will be the Raiders offensive coordinator, but it's solid circumstantial evidence that Sarkisian is the head coach.
Well Trestman wouldn't be bad but TBH I just want Sark to be HC and I don't care a whole lot about the OC if it's going to be Kiffin or Trestman; either is good. Still, this is not as solid of confirmation asI would like. Until it's announced I'm still wary.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-18-2007, 08:33 PM
How does this apply to the Raiders?

As for the article,
It doesn't mean Kiffin will be the Raiders offensive coordinator, but it's solid circumstantial evidence that Sarkisian is the head coach.
Well Trestman wouldn't be bad but TBH I just want Sark to be HC and I don't care a whole lot about the OC if it's going to be Kiffin or Trestman; either is good. Still, this is not as solid of confirmation asI would like. Until it's announced I'm still wary.just thought it was interesting.

Xonraider
01-18-2007, 08:49 PM
The only problem with Sarkisian would be his age. 32 is awfully young for a head coach. Warren Sapp is older than him and Al Davis is more than twice as old as he is :lol:

RaiderNation
01-18-2007, 09:15 PM
The only problem with Sarkisian would be his age. 32 is awfully young for a head coach. Warren Sapp is older than him and Al Davis is more than twice as old as he is :lol:

gruden was about that age too when we hired him. look whats hes done.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-18-2007, 09:16 PM

gruden was about that age too when we hired him. look whats hes done.so was Madden.

Xonraider
01-18-2007, 09:51 PM

gruden was about that age too when we hired him. look whats hes done.

Gruden had about 8 years of experience in the NFL before coaching the Raiders. I think Sarkisian only has one.

Komp
01-18-2007, 10:39 PM
[quote=doingthisinsteadofwork]http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20070116/1066004.asp

I think he is implying that McGahee could be available via trade this offseason. I personally like McGahee a lot and I never thought he had that much of a bad attitude. The article is funny, McGahee pretty much says Buffalo is a boring place to live [which it probably is] and that the team should just move to Toronto. I think fans are more upset about the comments than anything on McGahee has displayed on the field.

NIN1984
01-18-2007, 10:46 PM
McGahee ain't really all that good no better than LaMont Jordan, McGahee like's to talk a big game but can never back it up

Donno
01-18-2007, 10:51 PM
Do you Raiders fans want QB the most or whats going on?

Xonraider
01-18-2007, 10:52 PM

We want to know who our coach is right now. Then we'll get a better idea of who we may draft.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-18-2007, 10:52 PM
Do you Raiders fans want QB the most or whats going on?we want Sark as HC the most thats who we want.
and then Lane Kiffin as OC would be nice too.

Komp
01-18-2007, 11:03 PM
Was looking at FA DE/DT's and I saw Charles Grant's name on that list. If we dump Porter or Moss that frees up a lot of money to go after someone like him. Man would he ever look nice opposite Burgess. I don't watch a lot of Saints games, but he has 64 tackles this year so I'm guessing he is somewhat stout against the run and he has 6 sacks. If we signed Sands and him I'd be more than happy with our DL. A boy can dream can't he?

Komp
01-18-2007, 11:04 PM
I saw Derrick Gibson is a FA this year too so we can finally unload his fat contract....good riddance...

RaiderNation
01-18-2007, 11:49 PM
Was looking at FA DE/DT's and I saw Charles Grant's name on that list. If we dump Porter or Moss that frees up a lot of money to go after someone like him. Man would he ever look nice opposite Burgess. I don't watch a lot of Saints games, but he has 64 tackles this year so I'm guessing he is somewhat stout against the run and he has 6 sacks. If we signed Sands and him I'd be more than happy with our DL. A boy can dream can't he?

a bigger dream is freeney but that wont happen. grant would be great opposite of burgess. we would have a great dline then.

Komp
01-19-2007, 12:03 AM
I personally think Grant would be better for us than Freeney cause we already have a great pass rusher in Burgess and its not like Sapp is too bad at rushing the passer either. Grant is a LOT better against the run than Freeney and we need that in the AFC West.

TheChampIsHere
01-19-2007, 12:34 AM
If we got Sark as our HC and Kiffin as our OC can you imagine? Not only that but they've played against Quinn every year so they know more about him than most and whether he is worth taking with the first pick. I just hope Rob Ryan is ok with everything. We needed a HC that can bring an offense with him and I don't think Ryan would leave when all of his hard work with this young defense is just starting to come to fruition.

yeah exactly this would be ideal..

and to those saying bringing Kiffin isnt important, I think its huge. OC is very important. I think the lack of a decent OC has been killing the Raiders for years now. When we had Turner, he is a good offensive mind but as HC he cant just focus on offense and who was our OC? no one good. It was a problem. Then Tom "bread and breakfast" Walsh was our OC last year, yuck. Having a good OC and a HC with a good offensive mind is what we need, not just an offensive minded HC and a piece of junk OC. please not Trestman...Sarkisan and Kiffin, im loving it. And we keep Ryan at DC, our D will be rock solid while our O improves, im lovin it.

Crow
01-19-2007, 07:03 AM

Not even a little bit, no. Certianly not either of these two stiffs.

I saw Derrick Gibson is a FA this year too so we can finally unload his fat contract....good riddance...

Gibson was here on a 1 year, league minimum contract.

Crow
01-19-2007, 07:03 AM
The more I hear about Sark, the more I hate the idea of hiring him.

I'm liking the McDaniels approach better than Sark.

Sark will make me ill. Just look at his track record, and not the names of who he coached....

This guy was an absolute stud coming out of BYU...went to the CFL and wilted as a backup...he basically sulked, failed when given a chance to start due to injury and left the team...then a year later was asked to come back to compete for the starting job...when he started to see he wasn't winning the battle for starting QB he went missing!! The guy quit in the middle of camp and didn't say anything to the team...gonzo.

Then years later he leaves USC to coach the Raiders. We don't win enough games for his liking and he quits.

Sorry, but when things get tough this guy is an absolute gutless piece of **** who will fall apart. He is not going to be a good leader for THIS team.

Josh McDaniels is the Pats* OC and supposedly a very good friend of Ryan's. Word is that Al is looking to bring him in for an interview.

If it were a choice, I'd take this guy over Sark all day.

portermvp84
01-19-2007, 09:35 AM
Damn yankee yellow belly. Well it's worth giving him a shot we gave Art Shell a shot, so why not Sark? We need to know what he's capable of doing when times get bad, is he gonna run back to USC or is he gonna stay and get through it?

portermvp84
01-19-2007, 09:38 AM
McGahee ain't really all that good no better than LaMont Jordan, McGahee like's to talk a big game but can never back it up

I do agree he isn't that much better than Lamont, I remember two years ago Willis said he was going to tear apart the Raider's defense. I don't remember that happening, all I remember was Lamont scoring three rushing touchdowns. Plus if he doesrn't like Buffalo what makes you think he's gonna like Oakland we win less games and everybody has a sore attitude. He would defintly hate it especially if we kept Lamont and he didn't get the starting job.

Xonraider
01-19-2007, 09:59 AM

Considering you didn't want Ryan in the team either...

:lol:

portermvp84
01-19-2007, 11:54 AM

It's only fair to give him a shot to see what he can do.

Xonraider
01-19-2007, 03:56 PM
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20070119-1214-bn20lofton.html

Chargers receivers coach James Lofton has been told by the Oakland Raiders that he will not be their head coach, and it appears that USC quarterbacks coach Steve Sarkisian will be hired instead.

slightlyaraiderfan
01-19-2007, 04:04 PM
It looks like only a matter of time before Sark is announced.

Xonraider
01-19-2007, 05:19 PM
It looks like only a matter of time before Sark is announced.

I'm starting to think McDaniel would be a better choice.

slightlyaraiderfan
01-19-2007, 05:33 PM
The thing I like about Sark, is that he was here for a year....so he knows how Davis runs things around here, and knowing all that; he still wants to be the Raiders head coach.

Xonraider
01-19-2007, 05:45 PM
The thing I like about Sark, is that he was here for a year....so he knows how Davis runs things around here, and knowing all that; he still wants to be the Raiders head coach.

With what Crow said I got a lil' scared. I believe McDaniel would be a terrific coach. I'm not in favor or against any of them, I'll judge them by team moves and draft. Even though Al does them the coach always has some say and some suggestions.

Paranoidmoonduck
01-19-2007, 05:50 PM
It is these kind of situations were I simply have to put my faith into Al Davis (and hope it doesn't bite me in the ass).

snailplow
01-19-2007, 05:52 PM
If any of you that post here are premium members at RF.net,check out what Willis posted today.

slightlyaraiderfan
01-19-2007, 05:58 PM

With what Crow said I got a lil' scared. I believe McDaniel would be a terrific coach. I'm not in favor or against any of them, I'll judge them by team moves and draft. Even though Al does them the coach always has some say and some suggestions.
At this point, it's anybods guess who will be the better coach. Do we even know if McDaniels is interested?

It is these kind of situations were I simply have to put my faith into Al Davis (and hope it doesn't bite me in the ass).
I agree

D4rk 0ne
01-19-2007, 06:15 PM
Sark has just turned down the job, per SportsCenter. Sorry no link but it was on SC and it will probably also be on BottomLine and on ESPN.com. I'll look for a link.

bernbabybern820
01-19-2007, 06:15 PM
SARK JUST TURNED DOWN THE JOB!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Windy
01-19-2007, 06:17 PM
****!!!!!!

D4rk 0ne
01-19-2007, 06:18 PM
Hopefully the Pats lose and we can convice McDaniel. Otherwise it had better be Ryan.

This is all Al's fault... If he had just offered the job yesterday Sark would have accepted... Now we will probably get stuck with a bad coach.

Windy
01-19-2007, 06:21 PM
If a fking college qb coach doesnt want the job I highly doubt an OC for a great team would want it.

slightlyaraiderfan
01-19-2007, 06:23 PM
Sark has just turned down the job, per SportsCenter. Sorry no link but it was on SC and it will probably also be on BottomLine and on ESPN.com. I'll look for a link.
Well, there goes my theory.

D4rk 0ne
01-19-2007, 06:23 PM
Yeah I didn't think we had much of a chance with McDaniel anyway but you never know... Hopefully Ryan will at least get the job...

I can't find a link; I guess all the news sites are still writing articles...

Crow
01-19-2007, 06:37 PM

Shaddap, you.

My main beef with Ryan was that he was like the 3rd or 4th guy on our list. We got cockblocked in our effort to go after Rex Ryan, and that Mangenius character I believe. If not him, it was someone else on the Pats staff.

Ryan's defense sucked for two years prior to this one. I'm an instant gratitfication fan. Sometims that bites me in the ass.

Crow
01-19-2007, 06:38 PM

Raiders | Sarkisian declines head coaching job
Fri, 19 Jan 2007 16:15:00 -0800

ESPNews reports Southern California assistant coach Steve Sarkisian has declined the Oakland Raiders offer to be their next head coach.

Probably a blessing.

Crow
01-19-2007, 06:40 PM
If any of you that post here are premium members at RF.net,check out what Willis posted today.

"Oops. I was wrong again. You guys should be used to that by now."

RaiderLifer
01-19-2007, 06:42 PM

I'm liking the McDaniels approach better than Sark.

Sark will make me ill. Just look at his track record, and not the names of who he coached....

This guy was an absolute stud coming out of BYU...went to the CFL and wilted as a backup...he basically sulked, failed when given a chance to start due to injury and left the team...then a year later was asked to come back to compete for the starting job...when he started to see he wasn't winning the battle for starting QB he went missing!! The guy quit in the middle of camp and didn't say anything to the team...gonzo.

Then years later he leaves USC to coach the Raiders. We don't win enough games for his liking and he quits.

Sorry, but when things get tough this guy is an absolute gutless piece of *********** who will fall apart. He is not going to be a good leader for THIS team.

Josh McDaniels is the Pats* OC and supposedly a very good friend of Ryan's. Word is that Al is looking to bring him in for an interview.

If it were a choice, I'd take this guy over Sark all day.

This is frickin prophetic. This guy got scared and quit again. He just saved us another couple years of futility. Al has to convince McDaniels (which having Ryan should help) or bring in an OC and Hire Ryan. No two ways about it. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Crow
01-19-2007, 06:45 PM
Jim Fassell suddenly looks like a viable candidate. :shock:

slightlyaraiderfan
01-19-2007, 06:47 PM
Jim Fassell suddenly looks like a viable candidate. :shock:
That means Al will have to settle, again he doesn't get his guy, and we've seen how thats turned out in the past.

Crow
01-19-2007, 06:51 PM
Here's to a Pats loss and a McDaniel interview on Monday.

RaiderLifer
01-19-2007, 06:59 PM
Here's to a Pats loss and a McDaniel interview on Monday.

Can't we interview him during the "dead week" even without a Pat's loss?

Crow
01-19-2007, 07:43 PM
That's an aweful long time to wait. Assistants are being snatched up and our options would be pretty limited by then.

Also, what if he says no? Then where are we?

raidersfanxxx
01-19-2007, 07:45 PM
im a huge raider fan but.......WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!! this is just a nonstop ride. i cant belive how truely pathetic this is. i guess its goin to have to be another year of pure s h i t.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-19-2007, 08:09 PM
in wanna strangle Sarkisian right now.
Here's to a Pats loss and a McDaniel interview on Monday. cheers.

I think McDaniles could actually be alot better than Sark.I think the chemistry he'll bring will be good.who knows if Ryan likes him he may stay at DC.

NIN1984
01-19-2007, 08:27 PM
should have just given Rob Ryan the job weeks ago

Crow
01-19-2007, 08:42 PM
Hard to argue, but Al's just not that type of guy. Offense only.

RaiderLifer
01-19-2007, 08:44 PM
If Al hires Ryan and we get a competent OC I think this could really turn out to be a blessing in disguise. I have a feeling that what looked like our darkest hour is going to turn into a major boon for our organization. Well at least I hope...

Oaktown1981
01-19-2007, 10:11 PM
Raiders | Sarkisian releases statement
Fri, 19 Jan 2007 18:37:02 -0800

Jerry McDonald, of ANG Newspapers, reports Southern California co-offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian has released a statement after withdrawing his name from consideration for the Oakland Raiders' head coaching position. "I was presented with a tremendous opportunity and experience of interviewing with [owner] Al Davis and the Oakland Raiders for their head coach position. I thank them for their interest in me. While the job was never offered to me, at this time in my career I've told them I want to stay at USC. I strongly believe that the Raiders job is a great opportunity for whomever their next head coach is going to be. My goal is to be a head football coach in college and USC is the best place for me to attain that goal. I'm extremely fortunate to work at such a great university for a head coach in Pete Carroll who allows me to strive and achieve at the highest level," Sarkisian said.

Xonraider
01-19-2007, 10:50 PM
Hopefully McDaniel wants to sign. I'm begining to think Sarkisisan and McDaniel were the main two, and Rob Ryan was the backup plan.

Oaktown1981
01-19-2007, 10:56 PM
I hope the Colts win this week so the Raiders could try and set up an interview with McDaniels. If he doesn't want the job maybe Al will give Mike Martz a call if not him then Ryan will probably get the job.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-19-2007, 11:42 PM
Hard to argue, but Al's just not that type of guy. Offense only.I agree with Al especially this time.I like Rob Ryan alot but this team is in need of a offensive minded coach in a bad way.if Ryan was HC who would be the OC.

diabsoule
01-19-2007, 11:56 PM
Didn't know if this was posted yet or not but Steve Sarkisian rejected the HC offer by the Raiders.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2736706

Stash
01-20-2007, 12:16 AM

I actually hope Ryan doesn't get the job. I like him as a D-coordinator. The way that the Raiders have been going through HC's he might not be around for much longer should he get the job.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-20-2007, 12:30 AM
damn you pete carroll!!!!!
USC Coach Pete Carroll said he competed to keep Sarkisian and was elated that he would remain with the Trojans. Carroll declined to comment about salary increases or other incentives that were offered to Sarkisian.http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-sarkisian20jan20,1,3694191.story?coll=la-headlines-sports&ctrack=1&cset=true

Crow
01-20-2007, 02:10 AM
Hard to argue, but Al's just not that type of guy. Offense only.I agree with Al especially this time.I like Rob Ryan alot but this team is in need of a offensive minded coach in a bad way.if Ryan was HC who would be the OC.

OCs are a lot easier to come by than HCs. Hell, Jim Fassell would be a decent OC since he'd be running his own offense rather than trying to call plays from someone else's playbook...which is most likely why he failed in Baltimore.

Oaktown1981
01-20-2007, 02:20 AM

I actually hope Ryan doesn't get the job. I like him as a D-coordinator. The way that the Raiders have been going through HC's he might not be around for much longer should he get the job.

If the Raiders don't make Ryan the HC they could lose him to another team. Next year if the Raiders defense has another good year under Ryan don't you think more owners will notice him? Sooner or later Ryan will be a HC in the NFL I hope it's with the Raiders and not some other team.

NIN1984
01-20-2007, 10:33 AM
no one wants to coach this team, everyone knows Al Davis is the Puppet Master.

hell does Rob Ryan even want to be HC?

Crow
01-20-2007, 01:01 PM
Word is that he's interested and that the players are pushing for him to get the gig. I could live with it, as I like the idea of a HC who the players actually respect. It would also simplify the hunt for offensive assistants. Fassell would be a tolerable OC. Hell, we could wrangle a decent OC from most anywhere, I'd like to think.

RaiderLifer
01-20-2007, 03:21 PM
(Changing the subject so I don't slit my wrists)

Does anyone know why Scott has us taking Tony Ugoh over Joe Staley in the second? I tried to read through his mock thread to find out but couldn't seem to find anything. Does he somehow fit what we are trying to do? Anyone with any insight please post it. Thanks.

Paranoidmoonduck
01-20-2007, 03:46 PM
Well, Ugoh is more versatile and might put up better strength numbers at the combine. However, Scott likes to have his drafts fit together perfectly like puzzles, so I think his intent was for Staley to fall to the Cards more than some secret formula behind Ugoh to the Raiders.

Komp
01-20-2007, 04:18 PM
Yah the Tony Ugoh there made little sense to me, and although we do need an OT I'd rather get a veteran.

Hmm that is too bad about Sark, although I was much more excited about a Sark/Kiffin package than I was Sarkisian on his own. If Rob Ryan is the HC I have absolutely no problem with that. I like the guy and he has Raider written all over him. My only concern with him is that he seems like a fiery emotional guy and I wonder what the press will do with him, specially if we suck it up next year.

D4rk 0ne
01-20-2007, 04:49 PM
The most reasonable thing I can hope for is Ryan at HC and Trestman at OC... Crossing my fingers for McDaniel at HC and Ryan at DC.

Raiderz4Life
01-20-2007, 05:05 PM
wow, been a while since i posted here. I didnt have access to a computer for a while but im back.

Anyways, I wouldnt mind seeing Rob and HC, i also heard or read somewhere they would like to to get Rex. I think Rob at HC and someone like Martz or Fassel at OC would be great.

RaiderLifer
01-20-2007, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the insight about the mock.

If we get McDaniel in here I think we actually have a chance of landing him. If the reports that him and Ryan are close are true than the voices in his ear (his friend Ryan) will be favorable instead of unfavorable (Caroll). Some will say that Ryan, because he has his own ambitions to be a HC wouldn't pull for his friend but I think he would much rather have a friend and someone he is comfortable with in here as his boss. I think Al is pissed and I could see him (if he likes the guy at the interview) opening up the checkbook and getting his guy. I just have a good feeling about this whether it's Ryan or McDaniel I like it.

nobodyinparticular
01-20-2007, 06:25 PM

If the Raiders don't make Ryan the HC they could lose him to another team. Next year if the Raiders defense has another good year under Ryan don't you think more owners will notice him? Sooner or later Ryan will be a HC in the NFL I hope it's with the Raiders and not some other team.

Not to mention that he has the pedigree already which gets you about 3/4 of the way there anyway. The fact that his defenses are actually good just makes it even more likely for someone to try to nab him.

RaiderLifer
01-20-2007, 07:50 PM
Some people seem alright with Fassel but I'm not sold. I guess the problem in Baltimore could have been not being able to use his play book but the facts are they got markedly better after his departure. If he is hired I will hope for the best but I won't be optimistic about our chances of turning things around next year. Here is the list of candidates that I would get behind in no particular order.

1. Martz (not a big fan but he could really turn around our O)

2. Grimm (Passed over by the Steelers and probably pissed. Plus he's an o-line coach by trade so that is a point in his favor)

3. Jim Mora Jr. (Young and fiery I like him more than most people on this board)

4. McDaniels (Young offensive mind who would help get this O on track)

5. Ryan (I love him. Just get a competent OC and we're set.)

6. Chow (This is the real SC architect and it would sure piss off Sark to see the Raiders ripping up under Chow)

What do you think? I know there is no guarantee that any of these guys would want the job but, both Martz, and JMJ have expressed interest and haven't been interviewed. Grimm is a wild card but will probably be upset about being passed over, McDaniel is only 30 and good friends with Ryan...I think there are a lot of reasons candidates will strongly consider this job and a lot of reasons they might shy away from it. I'm not privy to enough information to decide who would take it and who wouldn't but of all the people I think we have even the slightest shot at this would be my list.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-20-2007, 07:56 PM
McDaniel
Grimm
Chow
Ryan
are my canidates.leave Martz and Mora Jr. off.

portermvp84
01-20-2007, 11:14 PM
I say we should go for Mcdaniels, give Grimm an interview. If that doesn't work we should give Ryan the head Coaching job.

bernbabybern820
01-20-2007, 11:16 PM
Some people seem alright with Fassel but I'm not sold. I guess the problem in Baltimore could have been not being able to use his play book but the facts are they got markedly better after his departure. If he is hired I will hope for the best but I won't be optimistic about our chances of turning things around next year. Here is the list of candidates that I would get behind in no particular order.

1. Martz (not a big fan but he could really turn around our O)

2. Grimm (Passed over by the Steelers and probably pissed. Plus he's an o-line coach by trade so that is a point in his favor)

3. Jim Mora Jr. (Young and fiery I like him more than most people on this board)

4. McDaniels (Young offensive mind who would help get this O on track)

5. Ryan (I love him. Just get a competent OC and we're set.)

6. Chow (This is the real SC architect and it would sure piss off Sark to see the Raiders ripping up under Chow)

What do you think? I know there is no guarantee that any of these guys would want the job but, both Martz, and JMJ have expressed interest and haven't been interviewed. Grimm is a wild card but will probably be upset about being passed over, McDaniel is only 30 and good friends with Ryan...I think there are a lot of reasons candidates will strongly consider this job and a lot of reasons they might shy away from it. I'm not privy to enough information to decide who would take it and who wouldn't but of all the people I think we have even the slightest shot at this would be my list.

that wouldnt make him a bad head coach. you could make an argument about him being a bad offensive coordinator.

edit: unless he is calling the plays of course.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-20-2007, 11:52 PM
there goes another canidate maybe.
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_489602.html

portermvp84
01-21-2007, 12:01 AM
You actaully wanted him?

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-21-2007, 12:07 AM
not that much.
i had Chow,McDaniel,and Ryan, ahead of him.

RaiderNation
01-21-2007, 12:13 AM
i want in order
1chow:ffenise genious who would help our O alot
2grimm:would help our oline and bring a smashouth offence
3mcdaniel:f we has work under belichak(sp?) id want him
4ryan:last resport if we cant get a HC

portermvp84
01-21-2007, 12:44 AM
We need some youth in this coaching staff, we should just try to lock a deal with Mcdainels right away.

nobodyinparticular
01-21-2007, 01:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOyYVnN4bTs

I hope this guy is coming to Oaktown.

Paranoidmoonduck
01-21-2007, 01:40 AM

Eh, honestly, I'm not too hot on the concept of bringing in a player who will require a lot of development and who's success would rely heavily on the coaching staff. I want already polished players who might not be superstars but will likely not bust and provide a good lockeroom environment.

Paul Williams is not one of these players.

Vespasian
01-21-2007, 01:54 AM
Hire Ryan and then get Martz in to be OC.

McDaniel can suck my hairy balls.

slightlyaraiderfan
01-21-2007, 02:01 AM
Why would Martz leave a OC position for another OC position, it's not like Davis pays his coaches top dollar. Only reason I see Martz coming to Oak, is for the head coaching gig.

nobodyinparticular
01-21-2007, 02:01 AM

Eh, honestly, I'm not too hot on the concept of bringing in a player who will require a lot of development and who's success would rely heavily on the coaching staff. I want already polished players who might not be superstars but will likely not bust and provide a good lockeroom environment.

Paul Williams is not one of these players.

Gallery and Grove were polished players who wouldn't bust. Doug Gabriel and Ronald Curry were players who required a lot of development and whose success relied heavily on the coaching staff.

Of those two duos, which has performed better so far?

Paranoidmoonduck
01-21-2007, 02:11 AM
Gallery and Grove were polished players who wouldn't bust. Doug Gabriel and Ronald Curry were players who required a lot of development and whose success relied heavily on the coaching staff.

Of those two duos, which has performed better so far?

:roll:

Your argument is remarkably shakey. We as fans need to accept that our team has a incredibly dubious recent history developing talent. Williams is a player who hasn't done anything but be a good athlete. He played terrible this year.

He would be a stupid pick at this point. Not saying Al Davis won't draft him, but it would be a terrible pick.

raidersfanxxx
01-21-2007, 02:16 AM
what round do you think we could grab him in?

Paranoidmoonduck
01-21-2007, 02:41 AM
what round do you think we could grab him in?

We would probably have to grab him in the 3rd round, which, in my opinion, it way too high for a guy who has played as bad as Williams has.

Crow
01-21-2007, 01:59 PM
Life sucks. I don't have Fox. :x

locseti
01-21-2007, 01:59 PM
I knew Sark would pull a Petrino. If we dont hire Ryan, the only one crazy enough to come here is the Mad Scientist. :P

portermvp84
01-21-2007, 02:14 PM
Life sucks. I don't have Fox. :x

Just go to the bar and watch the game. :D

Xonraider
01-21-2007, 02:56 PM
I really dont know who I want.

I think McDaniel may be a nice coach, but he may not.
Smae goes with double R.

I saw a shooting star last night.. in fact, I saw three. My first wish was a Raiders winning season and a dynasty.

Oaktown1981
01-21-2007, 03:01 PM
NFL Nework said that McDaniels wouldn't want to take the Raiders job if offered.

What a suprise.

Xonraider
01-21-2007, 03:12 PM
NFL Nework said that McDaniels wouldn't want to take the Raiders job if offered.

What a suprise.

Did McDaniel say it?

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-21-2007, 03:19 PM
Im pretty sure thats NFL Network who said it.NOt McDaniel.
Im all for McDaniel for HC.the chemistry and discipline he'll bring to this team will greatly improve this team.

Oaktown1981
01-21-2007, 03:26 PM
NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports many around the league feel Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels won't want to coach the Raiders if offered the job by owner Al Davis.
Davis will reportedly be watching Sunday's games intently with his eyes on coaching talent, and McDaniels in particular, but it sounds like he may be forced to turn to his one of his fallback options again this year.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

NIN1984
01-21-2007, 03:38 PM
NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports many around the league feel Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels won't want to coach the Raiders if offered the job by owner Al Davis.
Davis will reportedly be watching Sunday's games intently with his eyes on coaching talent, and McDaniels in particular, but it sounds like he may be forced to turn to his one of his fallback options again this year.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

Its going to be Ryan or Fassel and its looks like Al wants a Offense of mind so its going to be Fassel

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/CMSIcons/emoticons/sad/sad5.gif

RaiderLifer
01-21-2007, 03:39 PM
I'm not really concerned with what many around the league feel. I just hope Rob Ryan has enough good things to say to get him out here for an interview.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-21-2007, 04:04 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspxthat doesnt mean anything.......yet.

Oaktown1981
01-21-2007, 05:22 PM
NFL Today reported that Lane Kiffin will interview for the HC position at some point tonight.

Windy
01-21-2007, 05:24 PM
Kiffin>Sark

I'm not just saying that. Isnt he the true OC of USC?

NIN1984
01-21-2007, 05:27 PM
Lane Kiffin, wow Al must want to stick it to Sark now

Oaktown1981
01-21-2007, 05:27 PM
Kiffin>Sark

I'm not just saying that. Isnt he the true OC of USC?

LANE KIFFIN
Offensive Coordinator
Wide Receivers
Recruiting Coordinator

Thats what his bio says.

raidersfanxxx
01-21-2007, 05:40 PM
can we just get a coach already....its killing me.

raidersfanxxx
01-21-2007, 05:41 PM

RaiderNation
01-21-2007, 05:44 PM

agreed

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-21-2007, 05:46 PM
Kiffin
Chow
McDaniel
Ryan
Fassell
Martz
Lofton
Grimm
all canidates.
out of those I like McDaniel the best.

RaiderNation
01-21-2007, 05:46 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8f58p4R7RfA

best video ever

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-21-2007, 05:54 PM
awesome vid.

RaiderNation
01-21-2007, 07:02 PM
http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2006/12/raiders-moss-porter281206.html

To let both stray the market, it would cost the Raiders $10.5 million

do u think its worth it to release both of them? if no1 would trade for moss id want to trade him. if we were to keep one who would u keep? id want porter because art shell is gone and he will be better since that. moss will just be like he always been. drop balls and take plays off

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-21-2007, 07:04 PM
im on the same page as you.
not to mention you can actually get something out of trading Moss.whereas you wont get anything out of Porter.

Paranoidmoonduck
01-21-2007, 07:08 PM
Um, that article was worded as if the 10 million damage would only be if the Raiders released both players. I don't think trading one or both would be as devastating (although I could be wrong).

But yeah, if forced to choose, I'd rather see Moss gone.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-21-2007, 09:43 PM
Pats lost.very good.now to call McDaniel, Al.

Crow
01-21-2007, 09:52 PM
http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2006/12/raiders-moss-porter281206.html

do u think its worth it to release both of them? if no1 would trade for moss id want to trade him. if we were to keep one who would u keep? id want porter because art shell is gone and he will be better since that. moss will just be like he always been. drop balls and take plays off

I'd rather get the exact cap implications from someone who actually knows what's going on. Anthony Carroll isn't even legitimate journalist. Certainly not a capologist.

RaiderNation
01-21-2007, 10:32 PM

I'd rather get the exact cap implications from someone who actually knows what's going on. Anthony Carroll isn't even legitimate journalist. Certainly not a capologist.

great sig there. do u or any1 else know any1 who knows the exact cap?

slightlyaraiderfan
01-22-2007, 01:25 AM
Looks like Davis is trying his damndest not to hire Ryan as the HC, it must hurt him to go with a defensive guy.

nobodyinparticular
01-22-2007, 01:53 AM

great sig there. do u or any1 else know any1 who knows the exact cap?

Well, if I recall correctly from previous calculations that I have absolutely no intentions of digging up or re-calculating at this point, to keep Moss and Porter here in 2007 is to have them take up over $15 million (or so) of cap space. To trade/release them for 2007--even before June 1--is to have them take up about $9-10 million in cap. So, yes, the gross cost of Moss and Porter leaving is about $10 million, but the net "cost" of getting them is an extra $5 million for the Raiders to spend elsewhere.

Again, these are not specific numbers because I am far too lazy right now to do the investigation, but make no mistake, there is a monetary GAIN in losing these two cancers. It's not just in the locker room that we gain something.

RaiderLifer
01-22-2007, 11:08 AM
Take it for what it's worth (which aint much) Ben Maller is reporting the raiders are working on a trade with ATL for Michael Vick. It wouldn't be so hard to believe if the compensation wasn't reported as: Moss, Porter, our #1 for Vick and #10. That is insane. :shock:

SimonRath
01-22-2007, 12:45 PM
Take it for what it's worth (which aint much) Ben Maller is reporting the raiders are working on a trade with ATL for Michael Vick. It wouldn't be so hard to believe if the compensation wasn't reported as: Moss, Porter, our #1 for Vick and #10. That is insane. :shock:

Falcons wouldn't mind that

RaiderLifer
01-22-2007, 12:52 PM

Falcons wouldn't mind that

I wouldn't mind winning the lottery either

RaiderLifer
01-22-2007, 05:06 PM
Anyone know if Kiffin actually made it up to the Bay last night? :?

Komp
01-22-2007, 06:49 PM
A better trade would be Moss/Porter for Schaub/Jenkins[or a pick]....no Raiders picks involved...to trade the #1 pick is stupid unless you a getting a lot of other/future picks in exchange....

SimonRath
01-22-2007, 06:59 PM
A better trade would be Moss/Porter for Schaub/Jenkins[or a pick]....no Raiders picks involved...to trade the #1 pick is stupid unless you a getting a lot of other/future picks in exchange....

Wow, ummm no... the Falcons would never do that,, that would be very stupid

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-22-2007, 07:08 PM
not at all reliable but if it is true would be ok with me.

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=92865

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-22-2007, 07:29 PM
Anyone know if Kiffin actually made it up to the Bay last night? :?im guessing he has.theres rumors flying around that hes the next HC.

Xonraider
01-22-2007, 07:30 PM

Mind telling me what is in there? I was banned.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-22-2007, 07:32 PM

Mind telling me what is in there? I was banned.take the following for what it is worth from Buc's message board:

A very good friend was watching the playoffs today with John Reaves whose daughter is married to Lane Kiffin.

John told her that his daughter said the Lane was going to be the next coach of the Raiders.

Dont have any link but am looking. I think it is supposed to come out tomorrow. If true, congrats to Monte and his son (coach for the USC trojans).

Xonraider
01-22-2007, 07:34 PM

Mind telling me what is in there? I was banned.take the following for what it is worth from Buc's message board:

A very good friend was watching the playoffs today with John Reaves whose daughter is married to Lane Kiffin.

John told her that his daughter said the Lane was going to be the next coach of the Raiders.

Dont have any link but am looking. I think it is supposed to come out tomorrow. If true, congrats to Monte and his son (coach for the USC trojans).

lol, I used to say Fabian Washington was my best freind, because I was bored. I kept living that lie in RFn.net until I was banned.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-22-2007, 07:37 PM

lol, I used to say Fabian Washington was my best freind, because I was bored. I kept living that lie in RFn.net until I was banned. :lol:
http://bbs.buccaneers.com/showthread.php?t=134949

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-22-2007, 07:40 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2007/01/22/SPGKVNMP4D1.DTL

Xonraider
01-22-2007, 07:47 PM
Still, nothing is official. I won't buy anything till it happens

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-22-2007, 07:53 PM
Still, nothing is official. I won't buy anything till it happensyah i wont eithre especially after what Sark did.

raiderfan4life
01-22-2007, 07:56 PM
Breaking news on nfl network. Adam Schefter reports that the Raiders are EXPECTED to name Lane Kiffin (the Real USC offensive coordinator) their new head coach.

raidersfanxxx
01-22-2007, 08:02 PM
im not going to get to excited just yet....im still a lil mess up from the sark thing

Tubby
01-22-2007, 08:04 PM
NIP is gone, what does this mean for the raiders organization?

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-22-2007, 08:06 PM
we've lost another great Raider.

raiderfan4life
01-22-2007, 08:18 PM
Is NIP banned?

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-22-2007, 08:19 PM
No hes retired from NFLDC.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-22-2007, 08:20 PM
Wards gonna enshrine him into the HoF.

Xonraider
01-22-2007, 08:33 PM
No hes retired from NFLDC.

Wow... he was one of the few reasons I even came here.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-22-2007, 08:39 PM
You can write up his entry for the NFLDC HoF.

Xonraider
01-22-2007, 08:43 PM

Wouldn't be a bad idea, but considering english is my 3rd language it may not be as good.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-22-2007, 08:44 PM

Wouldn't be a bad idea, but considering english is my 3rd language it may not be as good.A raider should write it for him.maybe Sarf.

Xonraider
01-22-2007, 08:49 PM
Well, I already gave my try.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-22-2007, 09:03 PM
Now theirs a rumor thats its a 5 year deal.

raidersfanxxx
01-22-2007, 09:08 PM
its on espn news so......lets hope!

RaiderNation
01-22-2007, 09:30 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2739645

8)

RaiderNation
01-22-2007, 09:32 PM
best part about that is at the end. says he will hopefully keep ryan at DC

slightlyaraiderfan
01-22-2007, 09:33 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2739645

8)
About damn time, I really didnt care who it was...as long as we got somebody. But I still dont believe it, not until I see him in a press conference.

RaiderLifer
01-22-2007, 09:42 PM
Until I hear Al say "Lanar Kiffen is da new head coach of da Raidahs" I am holding my excitement in check

Komp
01-22-2007, 09:56 PM
Until I see the press conference I will keep my excitement in check. It isn't like news sources are the most reliable sources. Some guy at a poker game this weekend was trying to tell me that he heard on NFL Radio that 8 ppl had turned down the Raiders job. :roll: I told him they haven't even officially offered the job to anyone.

RaiderNation
01-22-2007, 09:58 PM
if a thread in NFL on here it says sark will become our OC. is that true? why would he want to be OC over HC?

Xonraider
01-22-2007, 10:42 PM
Go to Raiders.com

it is now official.

Stash
01-22-2007, 11:01 PM
Thats cool, i'm glad the Raiders got that done. I noticed in Kiffins bio that he has a lot of experience coaching wr's, do you guys think that would make him more inclined to want to draft CJ?

RaiderLifer
01-22-2007, 11:31 PM
I'm stoked. I like the hire and at least it will bring our offense out of the dark ages. Let's see what we do with some new ideas in house. The next thing we need is a new O Line coach. If we don't do that we are up the same creek with the same paddle.

RaiderNation
01-23-2007, 12:04 AM
Thats cool, i'm glad the Raiders got that done. I noticed in Kiffins bio that he has a lot of experience coaching wr's, do you guys think that would make him more inclined to want to draft CJ?

hopefully

RaiderNation
01-23-2007, 12:37 AM
if we dont draft a rookie qb in this draft, do u think we will draft john david booty next year? he should be a late 1st- early 2nd i think. and since he knows kiffens offence do u think we should? a JDB CJ/AD combo sounds good to me

RaiderLifer
01-23-2007, 12:39 AM
if we dont draft a rookie qb in this draft, do u think we will draft john david booty next year? he should be a late 1st- early 2nd i think. and since he knows kiffens offence do u think we should? a JDB CJ/AD combo sounds good to me

Depends on what Walter does this year. Also who knows where we are going to draft next year. Let's just pray we're not in the top ten yet again.

RaiderNation
01-23-2007, 12:51 AM
prediction!!!!!!!!!!!! i think we will go 7-9 next year. defence will be top 5 again. CJ an curry combo will turn out to be good. we wont have a run game though because lamont will get hurt again. next next year we will drat a rb in first 2 rounds

RaiderLifer
01-23-2007, 12:58 AM
prediction!!!!!!!!!!!! i think we will go 7-9 next year. defence will be top 5 again. CJ an curry combo will turn out to be good. we wont have a run game though because lamont will get hurt again. next next year we will drat a rb in first 2 rounds

Sounds fantastic. Optimistic but plausible. I like it 8)

islandsnow212
01-23-2007, 03:41 AM
7-9 is a reach in tha AFC....although tha last place schedule should help....maybe we can play cleveland 16 times next season....ahah

NIN1984
01-23-2007, 08:52 AM
Real good chance (if we don't draft CJ) we draft Steve Smith now if he is on the board in the 3rd round...

I would very happy

portermvp84
01-23-2007, 09:58 AM
I'm just glad we didn't hire Fassell.

jag
01-23-2007, 10:04 AM
I'm diggin the new hire. Congrats.

RaiderLifer
01-23-2007, 11:02 AM
Real good chance (if we don't draft CJ) we draft Steve Smith now if he is on the board in the 3rd round...

I would very happy

I actually heard that Steve Smith and Kiffin did not get along very well. Not sure it's true just passing on what I read on another message board. If Moss and Porter stay I think it's gonna be AD at #1, if we are able to ship Moss off (crossing fingers) than I think it will be CJ...I also read on another site that Monte Kiffin was on the radio this morning and relayed that Lane would have full control of his offensive staff. Thought that was a good sign. 8)

RaiderLifer
01-23-2007, 11:03 AM
I'm diggin the new hire. Congrats.

Thank you very much

RaiderLifer
01-23-2007, 12:59 PM
I was thinking if Al decides to keep Randy and Porter which he might be crazy enough to do, I think we should trade the rights to #1 (CJ) to Minnesota for #7 and #39. Then we could go Lynch at #7 and two of these in the second Joe Staley, Tank Tyler, Brian Leonard, Meachem, or Zach Miller. What do you guys think? Probably a little high for Leonard at #39 but I really like him. Depending on how in love Minny falls with CJ we could get even more.

I love CJ as a prospect but if we go into next year with both Moss and Porter on the roster does it make sense to devote so much money to one position when we have many more holes to fill?

What do you guys think? For the record I say a prayer every night that those two cancers are gone next year.

raidersfanxxx
01-23-2007, 02:31 PM
anyone know where i can see the PC live?......besides nfl network.

portermvp84
01-23-2007, 02:31 PM
I wouldn't mind trading down just to have more picks. But I also wouldn't mind drafting AD, I think he's the best way to go and the safest way to go.

We should try to atleast address the oline situation early in the draft.

bernbabybern820
01-23-2007, 03:57 PM
I was thinking if Al decides to keep Randy and Porter which he might be crazy enough to do, I think we should trade the rights to #1 (CJ) to Minnesota for #7 and #39. Then we could go Lynch at #7 and two of these in the second Joe Staley, Tank Tyler, Brian Leonard, Meachem, or Zach Miller. What do you guys think? Probably a little high for Leonard at #39 but I really like him. Depending on how in love Minny falls with CJ we could get even more.

I love CJ as a prospect but if we go into next year with both Moss and Porter on the roster does it make sense to devote so much money to one position when we have many more holes to fill?

What do you guys think? For the record I say a prayer every night that those two cancers are gone next year.

wouldnt mind that at all. i wouldnt even mind if we traded lower and draft dare i say Levi Brown? Im just not too sold on overpaying for a mediocre RT in free agency.

slightlyaraiderfan
01-23-2007, 04:11 PM
anyone know where i can see the PC live?......besides nfl network.
I didnt catch it live, but im sure someone will put it up on the net.

locseti
01-23-2007, 04:33 PM
I'm loving this coverage...The extra 5 bucks a month is certainly worth it. Sucks the Raiders couldn't coach some of these seniors.

locseti
01-23-2007, 04:40 PM
Wow Palmer has a cannon. Watching Chris Leak, he's sailing every ball. I havent seen him complete a pass; I guess its a windy day though.

Personally - Kolb, Palmer>Walter.

RaiderLifer
01-23-2007, 05:34 PM
I'm loving this coverage...The extra 5 bucks a month is certainly worth it. Sucks the Raiders couldn't coach some of these seniors.

I'm Tivo-ing it can't wait to get home.. 8)

Windy
01-23-2007, 05:58 PM
did you guys see kiffin's comment on getting black hole tickets for his wife and kids?

Windy
01-23-2007, 06:05 PM
i know were not in position to get him but..

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=14356

7th Grader(Seattle): who do you think will win Bears or Colts?

Marshawn Lynch: That's tough. I'm a Raider fan. It doesn't matter to me who wins. I like Addai so I'll say the Colts.

Eric (Pasadena, CA): Marshawn, As a Raider fan, What do you think of Kiffin being the new Head Coach?

Marshawn Lynch: I bleed black and silver. I'm with them 100 percent.

locseti
01-23-2007, 06:07 PM
I saw that, but did you see the comments Monte had? He told Lane that if he was going to interview for the job to go for it fully, "don't waste MR. Davis' time." What a wise old man. He also said that he better hope his offense doesen't go up against Daddy's defense any time soon! hahah I'm glad we got a Kiffin running things, even id he seems to be more of a coordinator type (personality wise)

locseti
01-23-2007, 06:10 PM
I thought that "Dont waste Mr. Davis' time" was a comment directed at Sarkisian. Kiffin is old school, love it. Hope his son has some of that in him, I'm sure he does.

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-23-2007, 06:11 PM
I think the Raiders should get Olsen in the 2nd and Kalil in the third.

locseti
01-23-2007, 06:13 PM

Marshawn Lynch: That's tough. I'm a Raider fan. It doesn't matter to me who wins. I like Addai so I'll say the Colts.

Eric (Pasadena, CA): Marshawn, As a Raider fan, What do you think of Kiffin being the new Head Coach?

Wow, I didn't know he was that big of a fan...Hope he has a crappy combine.

RaiderLifer
01-23-2007, 06:18 PM

If he slips I could see Al trying to trade back into the first to grab him. I know it's not going to happen but I can dream can't I...

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-23-2007, 06:18 PM
I think its best we get a RB in the first round.That way Walter has a solid ground game to depend on.If you look at the QBs in this decade that have done well early such as Big Ben and Rivers they both have had solid running games.

locseti
01-23-2007, 06:22 PM

The draft analyst commentating the practices wouldn't shut up about Kalil.

slightlyaraiderfan
01-23-2007, 06:24 PM

Or he could go "hyphy" during the interview process and scare away all the GM's causing him to fall towards the 2nd. 8)

Go dumb Marshawn!

Paranoidmoonduck
01-23-2007, 06:28 PM
Wow Palmer has a cannon. Watching Chris Leak, he's sailing every ball. I havent seen him complete a pass; I guess its a windy day though.

Honestly, I want nothing to do with Palmer. He was nowhere near the quarterback Walter was in college, and I don't expect to be nearly as good in the pros.

Kolb I'd be okay with, but I'd much rather have Trent Edwards out of everyone. Even if just to provide some competition with Walter.

As for Kalil, yeah, he's a good player, but man, he isn't very big. He seems he'd be a bit too light for anything but a zoneblocking line.

raidersfanxxx
01-23-2007, 06:41 PM
kiffin is going to be great!!! i loved what he had to say at the PC. he said that hes going straight to the senior bowl to scout and etc. he metioned a few times that there were coachs he planed on talking to to join the staff. im kinda hopeing that we get a OC who has nfl experance to help him in that department

locseti
01-23-2007, 07:05 PM

Or he could go "hyphy" during the interview process and scare away all the GM's causing him to fall towards the 2nd. 8)

Go dumb Marshawn!

ya, he needs to show his thizz face when he gets his profile pic taken - Get Stupid!

locseti
01-23-2007, 07:10 PM

Honestly, I want nothing to do with Palmer. He was nowhere near the quarterback Walter was in college, and I don't expect to be nearly as good in the pros.

Kolb I'd be okay with, but I'd much rather have Trent Edwards out of everyone. Even if just to provide some competition with Walter.

As for Kalil, yeah, he's a good player, but man, he isn't very big. He seems he'd be a bit too light for anything but a zoneblocking line.

I'd rather have Kolb/Palmer over Edwards cause we can nab them later...Release Tuiasaslopoke, and bring in a vet like Timmy Rattay. Palmer looks to be a lot more athletic than Walter as well, and he has as an arm that is as good as if not better than Walter's. And he did run a pro style offense in college.

Paranoidmoonduck
01-23-2007, 07:38 PM
Yeah, he also was a god-awful decision maker who only had a good year because Higgins could outrun the entire defense. Sorry, not buying it.

Kolb and Edwards are probably going to have similar draft day grades.

locseti
01-23-2007, 07:51 PM
Yeah, he also was a god-awful decision maker who only had a good year because Higgins could outrun the entire defense. Sorry, not buying it.

Cant argue with his questionable decision making but the same can be said of Edwards. Some NFL coaching can help rectify these tendencies though.

Paranoidmoonduck
01-23-2007, 08:06 PM

Cant argue with his questionable decision making but the same can be said of Edwards. Some NFL coaching can help rectify these tendencies though.

Difference is that Palmer played a fairly good team in a very bad conference, Edwards played on the worst team in a fairly good conference. Stanford wasn't just bad this year, they were god-awful. Add in the fact that Edwards is a better athlete than Palmer, and there is no doubt who is more likely to succeed at the next level.

bernbabybern820
01-23-2007, 09:04 PM

The draft analyst commentating the practices wouldn't shut up about Kalil.

kiper has him ranked either at 20 or 28 i think

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-23-2007, 09:25 PM

Cant argue with his questionable decision making but the same can be said of Edwards. Some NFL coaching can help rectify these tendencies though.Edwards played with the worst Oline in college football as well.