PDA

View Full Version : Will this year be another 2005 type draft?

iloxygenil
05-09-2007, 11:50 PM
Looking back at that 2005 draft class the Falcons have kept 7 of 8 draft picks on the roster til this day and will keep them all except maybe 1 of them for this season as well. That's a pretty exceptional draft and if we can get 9 of the 11 choices from this year to stick for 3 years...wow. No superstars from the 2005 draft (Boley is getting close) but SUPER depth and the jury is still out on Roddy.

Shiver
05-09-2007, 11:52 PM
I hope this one is better. Because a lot of the players are technically on the team, but they are hardly contributors. Boley is the only exceptional player.

iloxygenil
05-10-2007, 12:01 AM
Yeah, but look at the depth offered by the other guys? Roddy still has a chance to break out. Babineaux has been stuck behind Coleman and has been an absolute MONSTER when he's been in the games. Davis was a bit of a reach, but has been great depth for us and offers us a stalwart DE against the run who plays with exceptional leverage, if he can get a signature pass rush move, we're lookin at a DE who is going to stick for a long time. Beck was held back by a major injury which he should have recovered from now, but offers us one of the best ST players in the league and with Zimmer we may see quite a bit of him. Boley of course is a beast. These guys for the most part have lived up to expectations and / or exceeded them. Roddy is working hard, but has flopped BIG so far, but those glimpses like Dallas show that he could be the one to break through for us. Lets see what Horn, Petrino and our new OC (Jackson, I think) can do with him teaching him to go up and attack the ball, not wait for it like Fat A Offensive Linemen who we had as a WR coach.

Shiver
05-10-2007, 02:46 AM
What I am saying is I hope the '07 class contributes sooner than the '05 one has.

DraftMichaelHuff
05-10-2007, 03:31 AM
or at least gets the chance to contribute sooner than the 05 one did

iloxygenil
05-10-2007, 10:52 AM
Oh, okay. =)

ksfalconsfan
05-10-2007, 10:59 PM
I'd like to see a LOT more from this draft than the one in 05. Hopefully all 3 of Anderson, Blaylock and Houston can become stars, and some of the others can be solid contributors.

iloxygenil
05-11-2007, 01:52 PM
I think we have stars just waiting to emerge from the 05 draft to be honest. I think Babs is a Coleman clone and would dominate just like Rod does. I also think that Beck will be an all pro MLB if ever given the chance. Boley will be an All Pro. A lot of it is just people were stuck behind already stars. When that starts to fall down via injury / players leaving, those guys will be the heart and soul of this team

ksfalconsfan
05-11-2007, 04:29 PM
At least well know for sure this year about Babineaux before Coleman gets back. We will get a chance to see exactly how good he is. As far as Beck goes, he'll get to start if we cant resign Demmorio next offseason. We all know Boley is a stud already.