PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Eagles Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Go_Eagles77
07-28-2008, 07:36 AM
Rumor: Cardinals to Trade Boldin for Sheppard? --
Sun Jul 27, 2008 --from FFMastermind.com

ESPN Radio reports rumors are starting to circulate that the Arizona Cardinals are considering a trade in which they would send disgruntled WR Anquan Boldin to the Philadelphia Eagles in exchange for unhappy CB Lito Sheppard.

FFMastermind.com (http://www.ffmastermind.com/quickbits.php#131764)

If this is true I'd much rather just trade a draft pick. Boldin is great but with Asante's situation we'd be looking at Sheldon and Hanson as our starters until Samuel gets back.

Sniper
07-28-2008, 08:32 AM
I realized that after I made it, but was too lazy to go back and fix it. I did more like a bullet-style on my one that I did in the TD news thread, which is what I should have done here.

No big deal man, you know I just have to be the grammar/spelling nazi around here.

I'm perfectly cool with Shawn Andrews being ***, if that is indeed the case. This is 2008, after all. As long as it doesn't affect the team's chemistry or his performance, I don't see why it should bother anyone.

Sniper
07-28-2008, 08:34 AM

ESPN Radio reports rumors are starting to circulate that the Arizona Cardinals are considering a trade in which they would send disgruntled WR Anquan Boldin to the Philadelphia Eagles in exchange for unhappy CB Lito Sheppard.

If this is true I'd much rather just trade a draft pick. Boldin is great but with Asante's situation we'd be looking at Sheldon and Hanson as our starters until Samuel gets back.

I'd wet myself on the spot if we got Anquan Boldin. I would also prefer to give up one of our first rounders, seeing as there's a high chance we trade one away next year anyways, but I don't think Samuel's injury is too bad, so if they insist on Sheppard, I say do it. Three really good corners is awesome and all, but I'd rather have Samuel/Brown/Boldin over Samuel/Sheppard/Brown .

bsaza2358
07-28-2008, 08:54 AM
Trades usually don't happen in the NFL like this. I don't see it as possible at all.

eaglesalltheway
07-28-2008, 05:24 PM

BAH!!! I talked to Drew Rosenhaus about this at Eagles camp and he told me to keep my eyes open. I thought he was joking, but dear lord if this is true, I could say I knew about it before almost anyone, haha. Personally, if it was Lito for Boldin Straight up, I'd do it in a second. Like it was said before, having three starting calibur CBs is nice, but having two starting calibur CBs and finally getting a #1 WR (who just so happens to be elite) would be nicer in my book. To be honest if it was Lito and a second rounder I'd do it. I don't know about Lito and a first rounder though, that seems a little too much, but I wouldn't be angry if that were the case. I think that IF (take notice that is a big if) this is true, the whole catalyst for the trade is the cards getting Lito, so IF (once again, large if) this trade were to take place, Lito would have to be involved.

eaglesalltheway
07-28-2008, 05:28 PM
Trades usually don't happen in the NFL like this. I don't see it as possible at all.

Clinton Portis and Chanp Bailey. That trade was a lot like this proposed one, the Broncos and Skins traded them heads up. Even steven.

eaglesalltheway
07-28-2008, 05:48 PM
One thing to note, Victor Abiamiri, dislocated a bone in his wrist. It is will be examined. Sometimes dislocations are worse than breaks, but I'd imagine a dislocation of the wrist is better than a breakage of the wrist. I'm no doctor though, I just hope it isn't too serious, or something that will linger, as dislocations sometimes do.

eaglesalltheway
07-28-2008, 05:52 PM
No big deal man, you know I just have to be the grammar/spelling nazi around here.

I'm perfectly cool with Shawn Andrews being ***, if that is indeed the case. This is 2008, after all. As long as it doesn't affect the team's chemistry or his performance, I don't see why it should bother anyone.

Agreed, even if it is true, it shouldn't affect the team, I hope anyway. I actually remember hearing somewhere that football has the second highest percentage of *** athletes, behind wrestling, so I'm sure that most of the players are fine with it, as long as the showere shenanigans don't cross any lines;). Homosexual people do not bother me at all, I hugged a *** guy once, and I was fine with it, though I must admit if he would have cut some wood I would defintiely have reacted differently. There is nothing to be scared fo when it comes to *** people. They are pretty much like averyone else, just with a diferent sexual preference.

Sniper
07-28-2008, 06:21 PM
BAH!!! I talked to Drew Rosenhaus about this at Eagles camp and he told me to keep my eyes open. I thought he was joking, but dear lord if this is true, I could say I knew about it before almost anyone, haha. Personally, if it was Lito for Boldin Straight up, I'd do it in a second. Like it was said before, having three starting calibur CBs is nice, but having two starting calibur CBs and finally getting a #1 WR (who just so happens to be elite) would be nicer in my book. To be honest if it was Lito and a second rounder I'd do it. I don't know about Lito and a first rounder though, that seems a little too much, but I wouldn't be angry if that were the case. I think that IF (take notice that is a big if) this is true, the whole catalyst for the trade is the cards getting Lito, so IF (once again, large if) this trade were to take place, Lito would have to be involved.

Trading a corner we have 0% chance of re-signing and a draft pick, albeit a first, for Anquan Boldin is a steal. The overhype of draft picks is ridiculous these days. While it's important to replenish the team with young players that can be a foundation to the team, Boldin represents a shot to get a Super Bowl now for this relatively old team whose window of opportunity is shrinking rapidly.

saer
07-29-2008, 03:30 AM
Victor Abiamiri out indefinitely, fractured wrist.

Not good at all, Jaqua Parker and Chris Clemons are going to have to step up. Dwight Howard is going to need to step up as well.

eaglesalltheway
07-29-2008, 06:13 AM
Trading a corner we have 0% chance of re-signing and a draft pick, albeit a first, for Anquan Boldin is a steal. The overhype of draft picks is ridiculous these days. While it's important to replenish the team with young players that can be a foundation to the team, Boldin represents a shot to get a Super Bowl now for this relatively old team whose window of opportunity is shrinking rapidly.

Like I sadi, I'd like to keep it to just a decond rounder, but I would understand giving up the first.

eaglesalltheway
07-29-2008, 06:16 AM
Victor Abiamiri out indefinitely, fractured wrist.

Not good at all, Jaqua Parker and Chris Clemons are going to have to step up. Dwight Howard is going to need to step up as well.

Its not a fracture, ist is a dislocation, at least that is what I heard last. I read that it will keep him out for a good majority of Training camp. It didn't say anything about the season, so that is a good sign. I'm sure it is something we'll have to watch though.

Both of those guys have been playing well. We know Parker can play and start at LE if need be, he does a good job. Clemons has been looking good in camp. I really am not worried about this situation, even with Abiamiri injured. Once he is back, there will be even less to worry about.

saer
07-29-2008, 03:10 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3509586

Chris Clemons taken to the hospital

Not practicing today: Asante Samuel, DeSean Jackson, Rocky Boiman, Victor Abiamiri and Marcus Paschal. Jack Ikegwuonu and Bryan Smith are still on the PUP list.

Kimo von Oelhoffen left practice with an undisclosed knee injury
Tight end L.J. Smith suffered a calf injury
Brodrick Bunkley has a shoulder contusion
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also just a quick ?, what do you guys think the nickel d-line will look like?

I think it will be-
Trent Cole/ Darren Howard/ Broderick Bunkley/ Chris Clemons

then when Abiamiri gets back-
Trent Cole/ Victor Abiamiri/ Broderick Bunkley/ Chris Clemons
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

another thing-
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=15684

The Eagles are going to be using alot more nickel packages and it says that when they do that Chris Gocong will be the odd man out, so do you think that he plays more DE this year than the last few years?

I also really like what I am seeing from Quintin Demps. He's been all over the place, he has consistantly been around the ball and has made a lot of big plays in coverage and some INTs. You give a ball-hawk safety 4.3 speed and it just isn't fair. He's fast as hell, closes quick, has great range, locates the ball quickly, great ball skills, great hands, only knock on him is his run-supporting abilities. His range is pretty damn impressive which makes him a perfect fit for the system, the Eagles defense is so reliant on the Free safetys range

eaglesalltheway
07-29-2008, 06:12 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3509586

Chris Clemons taken to the hospital

Not practicing today: Asante Samuel, DeSean Jackson, Rocky Boiman, Victor Abiamiri and Marcus Paschal. Jack Ikegwuonu and Bryan Smith are still on the PUP list.

Kimo von Oelhoffen left practice with an undisclosed knee injury
Tight end L.J. Smith suffered a calf injury
Brodrick Bunkley has a shoulder contusion

also just a quick ?, what do you guys think the nickel d-line will look like?

I think it will be-
Trent Cole/ Darren Howard/ Broderick Bunkley/ Chris Clemons

then when Abiamiri gets back-
Trent Cole/ Victor Abiamiri/ Broderick Bunkley/ Chris Clemons

another thing-
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=15684

The Eagles are going to be using alot more nickel packages and it says that when they do that Chris Gocong will be the odd man out, so do you think that he plays more DE this year than the last few years?

I also really like what I am seeing from Quintin Demps. He's been all over the place, he has consistantly been around the ball and has made a lot of big plays in coverage and some INTs. You give a ball-hawk safety 4.3 speed and it just isn't fair. He's fast as hell, closes quick, has great range, locates the ball quickly, great ball skills, great hands, only knock on him is his run-supporting abilities. His range is pretty damn impressive which makes him a perfect fit for the system, the Eagles defense is so reliant on the Free safetys range

Clemons had dehydration, he is back at Lehigh and is fine.

Kimo may not make the final cuts, but I haven't heard anything serious about it so I don't think it is that big of a deal. LJ always gets injured in TC, he'll be fine with time. Cuntusions are a fancy way of saying a bad bruise, so Bunk will be doing his 20 on and 20 off routine (of ice) until that is not a big deal. Those are not of much concern. On the other hand, (no pun intended) Abiamiri had surgery on his dislocated wrist and is out for at least a month. Reid says worst case scenario the Eagles will not have Abiamiri available for 4 months. That would hurt. Abiamiri brings a lot of potential run stopping ability at LE, and was apparently doing well with his pass rush. Time will tell exactly how long he will be out. Good luck to him, hope he recovers well. Still though LE is really nothing all too terrible to worry about, Parker has started and done well. He had the second most sacks last year I believe.

Nickel D line will probably be
Clemons Howard Patterson Cole.
Bunkley is our two-gap DT, more of a 4-3 NT which hogs up blockers. Patterson is more of the one-gap DT, or UT, who are usually better pass rushers than NTs. Of course there will be different variations. Gocong may see some action at DE in those situations, Laws may come in as well at one of the DT spots.
If Abiamiri comes back healthy, he may play one of the DT spots, but he isn't exactly known for his pass rush. He has been wroking on it though, but I haven't seen anything to show me he is a dominanat pass rusher yet, so I doubt he moves inside in Nickel situations, unless of course, he has improved his pass rush. I haven't seen anything to sway me either way, so we really won't know for sure until we see it.

I'm building on the Gocong thing in the paragraph above. He will defintiely see some playing tiem at DE, and maybe more than last year, but how much we see him really depends on the rest of the D-line and LBs. Like I sadi before we will see him in some Nickel packages at DE, but how much remains to be seen. There will be many nickel packages (most of them) where he will not be on the field, his spot being taken by another member of the secondary. But this is where the rest of the defense comes in... If our backup LBs are impressive enough that we can sub one of them in in the base packages, and put Gocong at DE, that is where we will see the most change in his PT at DE. Once again, that remains to be seen. I am a beleiver in Akheem Jordan, and think he could fill in at any LB spot if need be. But Joe Mays is looking impressive too. I don't know if he has done enough to show us that he is worth putting on the field in certain situations, but if that is the case... Either Jordan or Mays could be put in at MIKE or SAM, most likely MIKE, and Bradley would either move out to SAM, pushing Gocong in to DE. Once again it remeains to be seen, but IF it does work out that the Eagles will be able to do something like this, a packeage like this is not out of the question.
Edit:
A package that would bring the most athleticism and speed for the front seven would look like this...
Gocong Howard Patterson Clemons
Bradley Mays or Jrdan Gaither
Take note, Laws could also be at either DT spot. Cole might even move inside, but that would be unlikely IMO. Either Mays or Jordan would be MIKE. I highly doubt the Eagles ever use this but that would have the best combination of speed and athleticism out of our front seven.

eaglesalltheway
07-30-2008, 05:02 PM
Today at camp,
DeSeaon was back and looked good
Trevor Laws impressed again.
Bunk is back.
LJ isn't
Dawk sat out, knee hyperextension from yesterday, will be fine
Booker and Demps continuted to impress, as did Baskett, Avant, and Reggie Brown.
Sheldon brown is looking good.
Bucky is continuing a great camp. IMO he secured a spot last weekend
Westy is doing well, and also mentoring.
I wasn't at either today, this is just stuff I remember off the top of my head that I remembered formt eh team site.

saer
07-30-2008, 06:05 PM
nvm :D my bad

eaglesalltheway
08-01-2008, 07:55 AM
EF 45, now I really feel alone, there is only one other poster besides me on right now.

eaglesalltheway
08-01-2008, 09:31 PM
Anybody goin to camp this weekend? I'm going for both morning practices, and depending on how things pan out for me I may be at none, one, or both of the afternoon practices. I suggest if you have a way to get there, GO, you won't regret it. If anybody does go, I'll see ya there!

eaglesalltheway
08-02-2008, 07:21 AM
Well this Mornings practice was either Cancelled or moved inside. The sign when you enter said it was cancelled, but that probably just meant the outside morning practice was cancelled and moved in. I don't know, I just got back from Lehigh, I'll have to check the site. I am going to this afternoon's practice (as long as its open to the public, and not indoors) and tomorrow morning's. It remains to be seen whether I go tomorrow afternoon.

eaglesalltheway
08-02-2008, 04:39 PM
Went to camp this afternoon. The practice itself wasn't anything special, as it was a shells day. I haven't read the blog yet on the site, but if it says anything about the second string teams looking horrible in the afternoon practice, disregard it. I think the coaches just had the defense act like they were on the field, it was more of a test to see if they had their assignment down more than anything, because defenders allowed the offense to catch every ball. The second string offense also was just going through the motions it seemed, but it wasn't because of a lack of effort, It was more to work on defneders making plays on the ball. Bradley was everywhere though it seemed. I got an autograph from JR Reed. First autograph I've ever gotten. I tried not to be pushy, and was one of the last people to get one form him. I got home, showed my dad, and he thought it was Jon Runyan's, because all that is legible is the J and R. Also talked to Quentin Mikell and Jon Dorenbos. Mikell has pretty big arms and seems like a really nice guy. He is left handed, one of the random things I noticed about him. Oh yeah JR has a very nice beard, just dumb random things. M ikell was joking around with some guy because the guy wanted him to sign a half-gallon iced tea container. He was like, " Come on man, you expect me to sign a jug, you got to be kidding." He did though and then had to leave for a meeting. I'm going tomorrow morning for sure, but dependign on if I hear back from a girl I know, I may or may not be at the afternoon practice. Akers threw a ball to the stands and that was what got the biggest cheers of the day, beleive it or not. it was a 10/10/10 day, so it wasn't really all that intense.

eaglesalltheway
08-03-2008, 11:07 AM
Was at camp today, and Booker impressed as always. Funny moment was Donovan practicing recovering fumbles with the other QBs, and he yelled, "Ow, my hip!" A guy from the training staff caame over like a jet, but he got up and told the guy to chill out and he was joking. Westy was practicing, but wasn't in on the full contact drills. Bradley looked impressive again, and Gaither was making plays. Joselio Hanson had a nice play for a pick 6. He is firmly entrenched as our #4 CB. He has been relatively impressing too. Though I'd much rather have the big three in, I think the defense wouldn't lose too much with him in there.
The WRs are looking very good. I may catch a rashion of crap for this, but we have a good group of WRs. Yes it is a weak spot on our offense and we don't have the #1 WR, but here is a breakdown of how I see it. Our starting WRs, Curtis and Brown, are good #2 options, but neither a #1. Jackson could develop into a great #2 option. Baskett and Avant are right at the threshold of being considered possible #2 options. Right now though We have 2 #2s, two almost #2s in Baskett and Avant, and a future #2 in Jackson. If the Eagles keep 6 WRs this year, Greg Lewis is a #4 WR. Beleive it or not, we may have a great set of WRs for the future, with as many as 5 #2 options at WR, and Reggie has the potential to be a #1. There really isn't that big of a dropoff from our starters to our #5 options, and our WRs may not be outstanding, but they are deep.
Spoke for a while with David Akers after practice. He was talking about politics, so I can't speak of the conversation on the site, but he was hammering kicks like it is nobodies business. He was perfect in practice, including a 60 yard field goal. Richmond McGee, the backup K/P, is actually really good. If he isn't put on the practice squad, he has the ability to make another NFL team as a kicker. He can really blow apart kickoffs, consistently putting them in the endzone, and has decent accuracy.

DLionALL
08-03-2008, 11:14 AM
How has Trevor Laws been doing? Last I read on the Eagles site he was back in practice but I haven't read much on how he's doing. Have you seen anything about him particular?

eaglesalltheway
08-03-2008, 01:51 PM
He is quick and as told, has grteat hands and leverage. He has made some plays, though with the Red Jerseys, they are a little restrictive, but he looks good, nothing outstanding, but solid.
Edit: What is the story behind your name?

eaglesalltheway
08-03-2008, 01:53 PM
I am beginning to think that Shawn Andrews is just trying to avoid as much camp as possible, AKA, pulling a Strahan. I can understand not wanting to be there so long, but if he comes back and is out of shape or not playing well, he is going to hear it from the fans, and he should.

DLionALL
08-03-2008, 02:18 PM
It's good to hear Laws is doing well. Someone told me that they think Shawn Andrews has his weight out of control and he's embarrassed to report to camp. If I remember correctly he had a problem with weight before so I really hope it isn't surfacing again.

My name? Well, the D stands for "Da" because a lot of times my username is J33zydaLion(Old Nickname from Highschool) Lion is well, I love Lions and they are my favorite animal. A is my first name L is Loves and the last L used to be a girl but since she sucks it stands for Lion. Yup. It's stuck with me over the years since I started Highschool.

eaglesfan_45
08-03-2008, 06:50 PM
Oh, man I am so pumped about 3 new guys. There are going to be so many big plays.
Quintin Demps will become an impact player and Andy Reid has said that he is very impressed with him and that he has shown the ball-hawk skills the Eagles really liked.
Lorenzo Booker has been tearing up TC and I really like him he is quite the character too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEmU0FZ2h8Q
DeSean has developed good chemistry with Kevin Kolb and I expect some big plays in the Pre-season.

eaglesalltheway
08-04-2008, 06:26 AM
It also may be with his weight, I had thought of it a while ago, but really didn't go past that point.

eaglesalltheway
08-04-2008, 06:33 AM
I am excited about these guys as well, but I am equally excited about Stewart Bradley. He has been right up there with Booker and Demps as the most impressive. The only times I've seen Booker have a less then good play are when Bradley is in there to stop it. I said future Brian Urlacher from this kid about 6 months ago if I remember correctly, and that statement is really looking strong right now. Also MJG can start in the nfl, he is very quick and fast for his size, not to mention his strength. If we have an injury on the O-line, he may be the first guy they sub in. There was a fumble by Bucky about 15 yards away from the LOS yesterday, and big MJG passed two defenders to recover the ball, I was very impressed.

eaglesalltheway
08-04-2008, 07:14 AM
Question here. anybody else think the Eagles may only keep 3 RBs? The thought has entered my mind, but I still think 4 is what it will end up.

The reasons for thinking only three will make it:
Both Hunt and Moats have not been impressive, and there is a great battle for the FB spot.
Do the Eagles keep 2 FBs? Maybe, but the extra roster spot would probably go somwhere else like the lines or either safety.

Reasons for sticking with 4:
If Westbrook goes down that puts a lot of strain on our offense, both Booker and Bucky woudl be used a lot, and depth would be thin.
Booker may be playing as much in the WR positions as RB, requiring him to be more of a RB may take away from some of our offensive mismatches.
We need to give Hunt a chance. If he can develop into the short yardage RB we want, the offense will be even better off for it.

In the end though, I think the Eagles keep four, but I could see them go with only three if they don't like what they are getting out of Hunt. If Westy would be injured, Booker would be a competent fill-in and is a better runner than given credit for, if that is possible right now.

Sniper
08-04-2008, 08:15 AM
I think they'll take 4.

Westbrook, Buckhalter, Hunt and Booker. I doubt they will give up on Hunt so quickly.

Go_Eagles77
08-04-2008, 09:57 AM
Hunt has showed very little promise so it would not surprise me at all if we cut him, which is sad because of the amount of excitement around him when he got drafted and the following months. Honestly I don't see anything that he can do that Jason Davis or Luke Lawton can't. I think it'll come down to a battle between believe it or not Hunt and Greg Lewis, because they will either keep 4 RBs or 6 WRs imo.

RBs - Westbrook, Buckhalter, Booker, Hunt
WRs - Brown, Curtis, Avant, Jackson, Baskett, Lewis

eaglesalltheway
08-04-2008, 12:20 PM
Actually that makes a lot of sense. G Lew has done a lot more for the Eagles, sop he has that going for him, but Hunt has youth to his advantage. I would prefer keeping 4 RBs and 5 WRs than 3 RBs and 6 WRs though.

DLionALL
08-04-2008, 04:52 PM
I heard from my family down in Philly that Andrews has reported that he is suffering from depression and anxiety.

Here's a link...

http://philadelphia.comcastsportsnet.com/view_content_0p.asp?ID=67842

eaglesalltheway
08-04-2008, 05:09 PM
Well at least there seems to be an answer now. It sucks for him that he is depressed, but I wonder what it is from. No matter what the cause, I wish him the best of luck in getting better. He seems to be handling this in a mature matter judging by the interview in the article. He is right, you can not put a price on mental health, and to be honest, I'd rather he miss a week and a half of TC than him possibly getting injured because his head isn't where it should be. I hope the fans react in a positive manner when he comes back, because that would do a lot to wipe out the depression. I hope Eagles fans don't heckle him for missing practice, because that would only make it worse. If he needs mroe time to get healthy, give it to him. I thinkas sports fans we sometimes forget that these athletes are pretty much the same as we are, and for something that is basically like a second family to a lot of us, we need to treat those players as if they are our family, that is one of the reasons I truly like every player who has ever been on the Eagles. (even TO, he is the drunk uncle that no one likes, but everyones does indeed cares about) Good luck Shawn, hope all is well and you get better as soon as possible. I know I'll be cheering you on in Training Camp once you get there.

Go_Eagles77
08-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Another rumor is his weight is out of control again and he is too embarrassed to report to camp.

eaglesfan_45
08-04-2008, 05:24 PM
on the Eagles website it said he is in top physical shape at 325 lbs according to Andrews

eaglesalltheway
08-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Yeah the artcile says weight isn't the issue, and if he is going to be back by sunday, there is no doubt in my mind that weiht isn't an issue. Reading the article, I definitley think Andrews is telling the truth about the depression.

eaglesalltheway
08-04-2008, 05:29 PM
EF 45 please answer your PM.

eaglesfan_45
08-04-2008, 05:32 PM
OK but your not going to believe me...

cunningham06
08-05-2008, 12:43 AM
Another rumor is his weight is out of control again and he is too embarrassed to report to camp.

I really doubt it since the reason he was able to finally lose weight like he wanted is because a childhood friend of his died of internal complications due to obesity. That scared him of what can happen when your weight is out of control, so I really doubt thats his problem right now.

eaglesalltheway
08-05-2008, 06:16 AM
I really doubt it since the reason he was able to finally lose weight like he wanted is because a childhood friend of his died of internal complications due to obesity. That scared him of what can happen when your weight is out of control, so I really doubt thats his problem right now.

I had completely forgot about that, and I remember that really made him think differently. I think I remember hearing he lost 40 lbs in the following months after that. Having that in his life would really sway anybody into preventing them from gaining too much weight.

bsaza2358
08-05-2008, 09:58 AM
Depression is a very serious and often underrated medical condition. I think it is responsible of Andrews to get treatment to get the condition under control, but the timing of the situation is suspicious to me. The fact that he's owning up and admitting that issue in public is good. Means he's probably making progress. Still, he is way behind, and I'm worried about his progress and physical condition. I certainly hope that he's able to get back to where he needs to be. I like the line with Jean-Gilles, but I'm much more comfortable with Andrews in there.

eaglesalltheway
08-05-2008, 10:10 AM
MJG has looked great, but we definitely are missing a beat with Andrews out, but none of that matters until he is healthy, especially mentally.

bsaza2358
08-05-2008, 10:40 AM
If he can't focus or is worried about something else, he won't be all there, and he might as well stay home. I'm with him. Just wish he had told us sooner.

eaglesalltheway
08-05-2008, 10:50 AM
I can understand why he waited, sometimes people who feel inadequate to begin with don't feel the need to tell the world they feel inadequate. It makes the whole situation worse, and that is not what we want for him.

bsaza2358
08-05-2008, 11:02 AM
The timing of the announcement was probably medically ordered. The doctor didn't want him exposed to the scrutiny until he was ready. The fact that he has come public about his condition means he's improving and is ready to be a part of the team.

eaglesalltheway
08-05-2008, 11:04 AM
Thats pretty much what I was thinking, plus the doctors probably wnat him to get it out, because they know he'll have to deal with it publicly eventually anyway.

Eagles own the NFC East
08-05-2008, 12:36 PM
Anyone know when Andrews is coming back? I am actually quite worried.

bsaza2358
08-05-2008, 12:39 PM
He says he wants to be back out there by Friday. Next real visit with his therapist is Thursday, per the article.

Go_Eagles77
08-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Some interesting notes on the depth chart:

Mays is the backup MLB (He's a beast)

Klecko is with the 2nd team DTs (Yeah I called this one)

Dunlap is the backup LT (If Thomas goes down Herremans will probably slide over and maybe MJG will start at LG)

McGlynn is the backup LG (Bye Bye Scott Young)

Reed is the backup FS, Considine backup SS (Will we keep 5 safetys?)

WRs are Brown, Curtis, Baskett, Avant, Lewis, Jackson (Baskett and Avant may be switched I'm not sure, we might keep 6 WRs)

cunningham06
08-05-2008, 12:48 PM

Dunlap is the backup LT (If Thomas goes down Herremans will probably slide over and maybe MJG will start at LG)

WRs are Brown, Curtis, Baskett, Avant, Lewis, Jackson (Baskett and Avant may be switched I'm not sure, we might keep 6 WRs)

I love Mays, this season he could be the beast on special teams that we have been lacking since Jason Short. We need someone to blow people up and he is that guy.

eaglesalltheway
08-05-2008, 12:53 PM

I called Mays and Dunlap, but to be hnest, that wasn't all that difficult to do. Surprised that Demps isn't listed as the 2nd FS. I think we do keep 5 safeties: Dawk, Mikell (starters) Considine, Demps, and Reed. I'll have to check out more on the site, but that is my immediate reaction. We gotta keep in mind that these aren't final, but yeah, looking good.

Go_Eagles77
08-05-2008, 12:59 PM
Oh yeah I also forgot to mention Lito and Sheldon are both listed as the starter at right CB.

eaglesalltheway
08-05-2008, 01:09 PM
Where did you find this? I can't find it on the team site, could you post a link?

Go_Eagles77
08-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Dave Spadaro got the depth chart and was talking about it on Training Camp Live, I'm sure it will be on the site some time today.

eaglesalltheway
08-05-2008, 01:20 PM
OK, I was looking for it and couldn't find it, that explains it.

brat316
08-05-2008, 02:04 PM
Well keeping 5 safeties should help the ST coverage unit, also Demps was working at cb a bit, so we can see him on certain nickel packages. And Demps can return kicks.

Positions that i think we will cut at are Cb, DL, WR(Avant or Basket), Rb(Moats)

eaglesalltheway
08-05-2008, 02:20 PM
We will drop some O-linemen too, but right now we either keep 6 WRs, or Lewis is cut, both Avant and ABaskett have been having great camps. I agree that moats, some CBs, and D-linemen are going to be gone though.

Go_Eagles77
08-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Avant and Baskett are almost both locks to make the team, especially Avant. I think it is very likely we keep 4 CBs and 5 Safteys, especially because of Demps' versatility like you said.

eaglesfan_45
08-05-2008, 02:26 PM
So apparently Shawn Andrews hasn't reported to camp because he is depressed and said that if he were to report he would probably do harm to himself or a teammate and he doesn't want that to happen.

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/Andrews_Battling_Depression_Plans_Return_Soon.html

Also he has had guns pulled on him in Philadelphia. Wow.

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/sports/20080805_Shawn_Andrews_discusses_depression.html

eaglesalltheway
08-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Heard the first article already. But its a shame what happens in Philly sometimes.

eaglesalltheway
08-05-2008, 02:32 PM
Avant and Baskett are almost both locks to make the team, especially Avant. I think it is very likely we keep 4 CBs and 5 Safteys, especially because of Demps' versatility like you said.

I still think we keep 5 CBs. I don't know why, but I just think it will work out like that. We all know the big three, and Hanson is #4, but a good battle between Nick Graham and ___ Fontenot (why can't I remember things?) is shaping up.

Sniper
08-05-2008, 02:39 PM
Avant needs to get more PT. He's got the best hands out of all our wideouts (then again, I could have the best hands out of our wideouts) He's not fast, but he runs precise routes and catches everything thrown within a 15 mile radius of him. He could be a third down beast.

eaglesfan_45
08-05-2008, 02:40 PM
Jason Avant is criminally underused.

eaglesalltheway
08-05-2008, 02:44 PM
That is an understatement, and Baskett will be seeing more action in the red zone, AR alreeady said that. He is safe, the coaches love Avant, he is safe, but GLew is the only one who may not make it.

bsaza2358
08-05-2008, 02:54 PM
I think Lewis makes too much money, and his role has been replaced by Jackson. He is gone, IMO. Could be signed back if there's an injury. Looks like it's: Brown, Curtis, Jackson, Avant, Baskett at WR.

Sniper
08-05-2008, 02:57 PM
That is an understatement, and Baskett will be seeing more action in the red zone, AR alreeady said that. He is safe, the coaches love Avant, he is safe, but GLew is the only one who may not make it.

I'd rather keep just five wideouts because Booker and Westbrook can be used as slot wideouts in addition to running back. Adding a sixth receiver is overkill.

Imagine this..

Curtis and Brown outside, Booker and Jackson in the slots and Westbrook next to McNabb.

Who do you defend? We have an offense that can almost go toe-to-toe with SEC teams in terms of speed.

eaglesalltheway
08-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Agreed Snipe, 5 is the best route to go, especially with the versatility of our RBs, but i think the Eagles may keep GLew around for a bit possibly. Just think, if its down to five WR, we are finally rid of all the so-so WRs that we were known for earlier this decade. That is almost a load off of my shoulders, let alone Donovan's.

eaglesalltheway
08-05-2008, 03:02 PM
Speed galore at the skill positions, and you know the saying, speed kills. I can't wait to see all of the various things this offense can do this season

bsaza2358
08-05-2008, 04:13 PM
You guys also seem to discount the presence of LJ Smith and Celek. Those guys have the ability to stretch the middle of the field as well.

Eaglez.Fan
08-05-2008, 04:24 PM
Lewis will make the team for sure because of ST. He is a very good gunner. And Avant is pretty much the set in stone slot guy for this year IMO. McNabb said he'll be there and he has been playing really well.

brat316
08-05-2008, 05:21 PM
some needs to make a depth chart so we can see the excess players we have

Go_Eagles77
08-05-2008, 06:09 PM
Here's my "prediction" for the final 53:

Offense
QB (3) - McNabb | Kolb | Feeley
HB (3) - Westbrook | Buckhalter | Booker
FB (1) - Davis
WR (6) - Brown | Curtis | Avant | Baskett | Lewis | Jackson
TE (3) - Smith | Celek | Schobel
LT (2) - Thomas | Dunlap
LG (2) - Herremans | McGlynn
C (2) - Jackson | Cole
RG (2) - Andrews | Jean-Gilles
RT (2) - Runyan | Justice

Defense
RDE (3) - Cole, Howard, Smith
RDT (2) - Bunkley, Klecko
LDT (2) - Patterson, Laws
LDE (2) - Parker, Clemons
WLB (2) - Gaither, Jordan
MLB (2) - Bradley, Mays
SLB (2) - Gocong, Boiman
RCB (2) - Sheppard, Brown
LCB (2) - Samuel, Hanson
FS (3) - Dawkins, Reed, Demps
SS (2) - Mikell, Considine

Special Teams
K (1) - Akers
P (1) - Rocca
LS (1) - Dorenbos
KR - Booker, Demps
PR - Jackson

IR/PUP
- Ikegwuonu
- Abiamiri

Practice Squad
- Studebaker
- McBride
- Arrington
- Gasperson
- Gibson
- Roland

Notes
- Booker and Jackson are both last on the depth chart at their positions but will be used in special packages to get them on the field more.
- I don't know Victor's situation but I'm going off worse-case scenario here.
- They keep 5 safetys over 4 corners for the simple reason that our 5th safety (Demps) is not only better than our 5th corner but is also versatile enough to play both.

Go_Eagles77
08-05-2008, 08:22 PM
The depth chart is up

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/DepthChart_Text.asp

A few more interesting notes:
- Gasperson is actually ahead of Jackson at WR
- Nick Graham and Kyle Arrington are ahead of Fontenot
- Jason Avant is the backup holder (Doesn't really matter I just thought it was funny lol)

eaglesalltheway
08-05-2008, 08:38 PM
You guys also seem to discount the presence of LJ Smith and Celek. Those guys have the ability to stretch the middle of the field as well.

I'm not discounting them at all, but I was responding to Snipers post and the thing is, with that alignment, it puts the most speed on the field that we can get out of this offense, which is killer. I know we will have plenty of two TE sets this season, as both are weapons in the passing game, but neither of them are faster than Curtis, Brown, Jackson, Westy, or Booker. Like I said, I am psyched about this offense, no matter what situation we would be in, there will always be great weapons on the field.

eaglesalltheway
08-05-2008, 08:46 PM
Here's my "prediction" for the final 53:

Offense
QB (3) - McNabb | Kolb | Feeley
HB (3) - Westbrook | Buckhalter | Booker
FB (1) - Davis
WR (6) - Brown | Curtis | Avant | Baskett | Lewis | Jackson
TE (3) - Smith | Celek | Schobel
LT (2) - Thomas | Dunlap
LG (2) - Herremans | McGlynn
C (2) - Jackson | Cole
RG (2) - Andrews | Jean-Gilles
RT (2) - Runyan | Justice

Defense
RDE (3) - Cole, Howard, Smith
RDT (2) - Bunkley, Klecko
LDT (2) - Patterson, Laws
LDE (2) - Parker, Clemons
WLB (2) - Gaither, Jordan
MLB (2) - Bradley, Mays
SLB (2) - Gocong, Boiman
RCB (2) - Sheppard, Brown
LCB (2) - Samuel, Hanson
FS (3) - Dawkins, Reed, Demps
SS (2) - Mikell, Considine

Special Teams
K (1) - Akers
P (1) - Rocca
LS (1) - Dorenbos
KR - Booker, Demps
PR - Jackson

IR/PUP
- Ikegwuonu
- Abiamiri

Practice Squad
- Studebaker
- McBride
- Arrington
- Gasperson
- Gibson
- Roland

Notes
- Booker and Jackson are both last on the depth chart at their positions but will be used in special packages to get them on the field more.
- I don't know Victor's situation but I'm going off worse-case scenario here.
- They keep 5 safetys over 4 corners for the simple reason that our 5th safety (Demps) is not only better than our 5th corner but is also versatile enough to play both.

I could defintiley live with that roster. I still think Hunt will make it, and we only go with 5 WRs, and I think GLew would be gone, but I can definitly see it going the way you have it too. I would like to see 5 DTs, but there really isn't room for it so that works for me. Also if the Eagles think Abiamiri will be back soon enough, I could see him getting put in and Bryan Smith doing the typical rookie IR role. Other than that, it is all how I see it happening.

eaglesalltheway
08-05-2008, 08:50 PM
Lewis will make the team for sure because of ST. He is a very good gunner. And Avant is pretty much the set in stone slot guy for this year IMO. McNabb said he'll be there and he has been playing really well.

Of the skill players, it is between Lewis and Hunt, and Hunt has youth on his side, and potential. Lewis does have special teams value, but so do Baskett and Jackson, and while I was at camp, Tony Hunt was in A LOT for special teams. GLew is a good gunner, but we have other options to use as gunners, it was one of the things I was watching while watching special teams drills. Granted none are as good as him, but I think the value they would get from his roster spot far excedes his value as a gunner.

eaglesalltheway
08-05-2008, 08:52 PM
I think the young guys being deep in the depth charts is one way the Eagles are trying to keep pressure from the fans off of the young guys. That way it will be an easier environment for them because the casual fans will see where they are on the depth chart, and when the young players mess up, those fans will see how ow they are, so expectations won't be unreasonably high.

eaglesfan_45
08-05-2008, 09:59 PM
Woody Paige is awesome, he said the Eagles had a good chance at a superbowl and then everyone else was like "Woah there.... " and then they talked up a bunch of crap.

Woody Paige Your Awesome:
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z169/Turos_Kensei/awesome.jpg

eaglesalltheway
08-06-2008, 06:34 AM
Paige has been one fo my favorite people on ESPN, he is one of the few people on there with a personality that I like. Sure he isn't exactly the best one to go to for knowledge, but neither is anybody on ESPN, and those people are either bland or too in-your-face. In some aspects i like that no one has us as a contender, but in others it is disapointing that others din't see what I do when it comes to this team.

eaglesalltheway
08-06-2008, 06:36 AM
I think the young guys being deep in the depth charts is one way the Eagles are trying to keep pressure from the fans off of the young guys. That way it will be an easier environment for them because the casual fans will see where they are on the depth chart, and when the young players mess up, those fans will see how ow they are, so expectations won't be unreasonably high.

I rthought of another reason after I woke up this morning. Putting the young guys low on the depth chart will give them the drive to do better to get to where the Eagles want them as fast as possible, sort of like with Kolb last year, he was 3rd string, and I think that put a fire inside him that makde him want to be #2 even more.

eaglesalltheway
08-06-2008, 12:27 PM
Since that ohter thread was closed, I take it we are not gonna have a gameday thread then? Because that is what i was talking about in my post in that thread. If we will have one, ill open it, or you, bsaza can open it.

Go_Eagles77
08-06-2008, 02:28 PM
Steelers | Bloom to return punts Friday
Wed, 6 Aug 2008 10:16:36 -0700

Gerry Dulac, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports Pittsburgh Steelers WR Jeremy Bloom is scheduled to return punts in the team's preseason opener Friday, Aug. 8, against the Philadelphia Eagles.

This should be interesting..... lol, if Bloom does better than DeSean I don't know whats gonna happen.

eaglesalltheway
08-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Half of Eagledome will slit their wrists, the other half will revolt and call for AR and Luries heads. I don't expect too much though. What half are you on? Choose wisely...

bsaza2358
08-06-2008, 03:31 PM
I started a gameday thread and stuck it. Post away in there. E-A-G-L-E-S... EAGLES!!!

brat316
08-06-2008, 03:56 PM
Steelers | Bloom to return punts Friday
Wed, 6 Aug 2008 10:16:36 -0700

Gerry Dulac, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports Pittsburgh Steelers WR Jeremy Bloom is scheduled to return punts in the team's preseason opener Friday, Aug. 8, against the Philadelphia Eagles.

This should be interesting..... lol, if Bloom does better than DeSean I don't know whats gonna happen.

Hes not going to be better, they only have him on right now because Eddie Drummond(sp) doesn't know what he is doing I guess.

And apparently Eddie is the best returner they have

eaglesalltheway
08-07-2008, 07:59 AM
I'm definitely not worried aobut Bloom Showing us up tomorrow, our special teams has improved greatly.

eaglesfan_45
08-08-2008, 03:02 PM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=15817

Westbrook gets his new deal! Terms were not released, so I can't complain yet.

Go_Eagles77
08-08-2008, 03:15 PM
I didn't see that you posted it here before I made the thread, I think it is big enough news for the NFL forum.

bsaza2358
08-08-2008, 03:26 PM
If they give him more money up front and make it easier to let him go when he starts to decline, I'm happy.

eaglesalltheway
08-08-2008, 04:08 PM
I'm just glad we have our most important weapon happy. As long as he doesn't get complacent...

eaglesfan_45
08-08-2008, 04:11 PM
I just hope that we can rid our selves of him easily if he becomes complacent, or if he wears out.

eaglesalltheway
08-08-2008, 04:44 PM
The Eagles are smart enough that they have put themselves in position for an easy transition if that were the case. Booker is here for the future (however far away it may be) and I'm sure the deal makes it easier for the team to get rid of him without much repercussion if he does wear down.

Go_Eagles77
08-09-2008, 03:39 PM
After seeing both Jean-Gilles and Justice's performances last night, I think it might be best if when Runyan retires we move Andrews to RT and start MJG at RG. That could be a nasty right side. I don't think Justice will be a starter.

eaglesfan_45
08-09-2008, 03:55 PM
After seeing both Jean-Gilles and Justice's performances last night, I think it might be best if when Runyan retires we move Andrews to RT and start MJG at RG. That could be a nasty right side. I don't think Justice will be a starter.

co-signed (10 char)

eaglesalltheway
08-10-2008, 04:31 PM
I disagree, Justice had a solid performance. No he wasn't dominating, but he didn't suck it up either. (see my post in the gameday thread about him) I definitely would like to see more of MJG though. Herremans could be the future RT. I've been saying this for a year, and I have yet to see any facts that say the Eagles won't move him there. Evidence to support it...
1. Seeing him in person, he is athletically built and has the extra spped and quickness that a linemen needs to play on the outside.
2. His body size/shape. He is taller than the typical guard, and is more the height of a tackle, and if you look at the gut, he has almost none. He definitely has the physique of a tackle, not a guard.
3. He gets a lot of reps at LT with the second team offense. If he can handle LT, RT should be no problem with a year of re-learning the footwork on the right side.
Personally, I really like MJG, and want to see him on the field ASAP. I was excited about this kid from the moment we stole him in the fourth round three years ago. I will say that even though I like what Justice is doing at RT, I would probably like Herremans there better, more of a proven commodity than Justice.

What I would like the line to look like in the future...

LT-Draft pick (maybe Dunlap if he improves A LOT)
LG-MJG
C-Jackson
RG-Andrews
RT-Herremans

I don't like moving Andrews out to LT, that is for sure. I could maybe see RT, but he doesn't have the Physique of a tackle, even with how much weight he lost in the recent years. Honestly though, if he did go to RT, and MJG came in at RG, I would be fine with it, that is my #2 option, if I had to have one. I just don't like him at LT.

eaglesfan_45
08-10-2008, 07:26 PM
Shawn Andrews reported to camp today, and is the second string RG, after MJG.

cunningham06
08-10-2008, 08:27 PM
I wish we would just play MJG at LG once Shawn is ready to start. I am not a fan at all of Herremans at LG.

eaglesalltheway
08-11-2008, 06:31 AM
Herremans is solid at LG. He is a top 25 OG where he plays now. He has been the starter for over three years know and has done a solid job. There is no reason to worry about him at LG. I do however agree that I want to see MJG, even if that means moving Herremans to the backup LG. I would be fine with either for sure.

eaglesalltheway
08-11-2008, 06:35 AM
Shawn Andrews reported to camp today, and is the second string RG, after MJG.

He won't be practicing with the team until the weekend though, once he won't be subject to public stcrutiny quite as much. He will practice one the team goes down to the NovaCare Complex. Asante Samuel participated in practice yesterday, undoubtedly a good sign. Lots of minor injuries had some guys sitting out yesterday. And Kimo was cut. I figured he didn't have much of a chance, but AR said that once he heals up there is a chance they bring him back. I think I posted something aobut that last night, kind of ironic...

eaglesalltheway
08-11-2008, 07:27 AM
Does anybody read the comments on the stories on the team site. Some of the people who post things on there are just baffling. Nothing too bad recently, but just a lot of dumb comments. One today was that Bradley was " lucky" and that Mays will be a starter next year and another was Mays would go on to multiple Pro-Bowls. I mean come on, he has played one preseason game, I like the guy too, but i don't think he will beat Bradley, let alone be a perennial Pro-Bowler.

Sniper
08-11-2008, 08:07 AM
Every team has insane Kool Aid drinkers. I've seen people say Michigan is going 13-0 and winning the NC this year. Delusion is everywhere.

bsaza2358
08-11-2008, 09:14 AM
The Eagles team site board is ridiculous and awful. I wouldn't post there if they paid me. Not worth my time.

eaglesalltheway
08-11-2008, 03:51 PM
I almost want to post there just so the morons who post there realize how idiotic they sound. There is one guy there though, who isn't bad at all, in fact he is very knowledgeable. He goes by JeromeBrown99 or something like that. Undoubtedly the best poster on the team site. We need more guys like him here.

bsaza2358
08-11-2008, 04:28 PM
Yeah, get out and recruit. Let's do it!

eaglesalltheway
08-12-2008, 06:29 AM
This guy is good, he almost makes up for everybody else on the team board, but I don't know if their board has the same rules as this one, otherwise, going there and talking about this one is a no-no. You know who I am talking about? He knows waaay much more than I do, and probably every eagle poster here. (Sorry guys but its true)I just wouldn't know how to go about it aithout ticking a lot of people off.

bsaza2358
08-12-2008, 08:20 AM
I'm sick of hearing about the guy already. Bring him over.

Sniper
08-12-2008, 09:02 AM
This guy is good, he almost makes up for everybody else on the team board, but I don't know if their board has the same rules as this one, otherwise, going there and talking about this one is a no-no. You know who I am talking about? He knows waaay much more than I do, and probably every eagle poster here. (Sorry guys but its true)I just wouldn't know how to go about it aithout ticking a lot of people off.

It's called private messaging.

bsaza2358
08-12-2008, 09:40 AM
It is worth a shot. If you get booted, so what?

Go_Eagles77
08-12-2008, 11:13 AM
EATW, I think you're thinking of GoEagles99 (I remember because it's so close to my name).

eaglesalltheway
08-12-2008, 12:38 PM
No, it is JeromeBrown99. I need to set an account up over there though, how involved is that, just like this?

eaglesalltheway
08-13-2008, 06:17 AM
I signed up, but couldn't get on yesterday because it needed to be verified. Do you know how long that takes?

ShutDwn
08-13-2008, 11:48 AM
Mcnabb should have a big day against the Panthers on thursday. Gamble, Lucas, and Chris Harris are all out. Leaving Marshall as the only player actual starter other than rookie Godfrey.

The majority of our receivers aren't coming either.

eaglesalltheway
08-13-2008, 12:28 PM
EATW, I think you're thinking of GoEagles99 (I remember because it's so close to my name).

Thats Tommy Lawlor, he is really good too, but he seems really busy, he is an amateur scout or something like that. I'll get in contact with him too, and there are other seemingly knowledgeable posters on there that I may think about speaking with. I can get on the boards, but I can't comment on articles yet.

Go_Eagles77
08-13-2008, 12:29 PM
Oh I thought you were talking about the boards, okay never mind.

Go_Eagles77
08-13-2008, 12:32 PM
Also if I remember correctly Lawlor (GoEagles99) also runs another draft site so it'd be best not to ask him to come here, considering he probably has his own message board, and this is a rival draft site.

eaglesalltheway
08-13-2008, 02:19 PM
I didn't know that, but I knew he had a lot of things going in the Eagles team site, so thanks for the heads up. How do you comment on the stories? I can only go on the boards.

Go_Eagles77
08-13-2008, 04:08 PM
I don't know, I only go on the site to check up on news but I never comment on them.

Also did anyone check out Scott's latest mock, he has us taking Andre Smith and William Moore which is pretty much a dream draft.

DLionALL
08-13-2008, 04:11 PM
I don't know, I only go on the site to check up on news but I never comment on them.

Also did anyone check out Scott's latest mock, he has us taking Andre Smith and William Moore which is pretty much a dream draft.

I just took a look at it and like a lot of Eagles fans that's about as good of two picks as we could hope to get. Of course hopefully we'll finish stronger and be picking later but if not those two picks are perfect in my eyes.

eaglesalltheway
08-13-2008, 05:58 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself...

eaglesalltheway
08-13-2008, 09:26 PM
Posting on the team site, oh my, lots of thigns I've already had to correct people on. I haven't even been posting for 8 hours, and there are people who think I am not a "noob" because of some of my posts. I love it. There are a lot of good posters there two, but lots of psychos as well.

Go_Eagles77
08-13-2008, 09:42 PM
Haha they have some really smart people over there but some really really dumb people that stand out.

eaglesfan_45
08-14-2008, 12:15 AM
god, I signed up over there but I didn't make 1 post, to much homerism. EVEN FOR ME! Which is quite shocking,

eaglesalltheway
08-14-2008, 06:33 AM
I was going to say there were a lot of EF 45 esque posters there, but I didn't want to offend yo, but since you brought it up...

AHHHH! Its insane!!! ;)

eaglesfan_45
08-15-2008, 04:47 AM
I am so Impressed by DeSean Jackson, he looks like he can be a #1 WR in the future!

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=15871

Like I said in the other thread:

DeSean Jackson with another good performance in the pre-season. He was the MVP of the game IMO. He is playing great, he's not afraid to go over the middle, he can take a hit and he has really good hands. He is Kevin Kolb's favorite target by far. If the ball wasn't so slippery and McNabb hadn't overthrown that one play where he was wide open, DeSean would have had 10+ catches 100+ yards and a TD, and then he goes and leads the way for a Tony Hunt TD! I am amazed by DeSean and I think the Eagles have a massive steal on their hands.

I guess working with the best WCO WR ever is working out for DeSean. He is amazing out there, I have never been this impressed by a young WR on the Eagles ever! (being an Eagles fan could be the reason for that :/) I am so pumped to see him develop, he is this good as a rookie, imagine how good he will be later. He already has the system down and is playing full games while the rest of the starters are playing 1 half.

His time to shine is soon, he will get the nod as the #2 WR if Reggie Brown isn't ready to go by the regular season. He is already a favorite target of both McNabb and Kolb. And once again he got open with ease, made catches all over the field, and showed an uncanny ability to read zones and find space in the middle of the field in last nights game.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e206/mstng99tim/Steelers-Eagles%20Game/8c1721db.jpg
http://assets.philadelphiaeagles.com/assets/gameday/08car-djackson2-080814.jpg

I am on this bandwagon, are you?

eaglesalltheway
08-15-2008, 07:07 AM
Caclunk<-------Me hopping on the bandwagon. Before I was saying best we could hope for was a Wes Welker style #2. If he can do what he's done int he pre-season in the regular season, that over 800 yards as a rookie WR. That is damn impressive. Combine that with what he does as a Punt returner, this guy has the potential to be great. He truly is not afraid of getting hit. To be honest it almost looks liek he wants them to level him, to show he will just hop right back up. He has great hands, and has incredible moves. Once he refines his route running, and works on making his hands more consistent, I think he defintiley has the potential to be a #1 WR. He has looked the best af all the rookie WRs over the preseason and it isn't even close...

Go_Eagles77
08-15-2008, 08:51 AM
Tony Hunt was very impressive last night but I hope he continues to impress throughout the preseason or he might still have a tough time making the team. DeSean was great last night too and even improved on punt returns (save the fumble).

eaglesalltheway
08-15-2008, 11:31 AM
Yeah he does need to continue with good playing. He helped his cause yesterday but he has to work hard yet to make the team.

eaglesfan_45
08-15-2008, 09:56 PM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=15884

I like his attitude, he knows he played bad but he is going to go out and try to improve. Booker I'm rooting for you.

eaglesalltheway
08-15-2008, 10:04 PM
LoBo will be fine, i'm not worried about him.

Eaglez.Fan
08-16-2008, 07:48 PM
Shawn Andrews Is Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eaglesfan_45
08-16-2008, 08:06 PM
I thought that he has been back since last Friday?

edit: oh, he was on the field for the first time! Yes! Woo Hoo! :D :D

more stuff:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/interviews/Michael-Oher/Michael-Oher.php
Jed Collins as the starting FB?

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=15891
Abiamiri seems to recovering well.

eaglesfan_45
08-17-2008, 12:11 AM
http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story;jsessionid=83B3968FA3C7B4E18ADEED9F316AA398? id=09000d5d80a061e2&template=with-video&confirm=true

My new favorite article.

eaglesfan_45
08-17-2008, 01:57 AM
http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/Andrews_Teammates_Supportive.html

Shawn Andrews on how the team is rallying around him and how he feels like the team is family. Oh and apparently he reads message boards so be nice ;) (http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2008/8/16/595306/reading-blogs-stressed-sha)

Reggie Brown has a strained left hamstring which is not the same leg as his injured achilles heel.

Haha giving you guys some reading to do! lol.

eaglesfan_45
08-18-2008, 12:06 AM
So, I did some reasearch on Andy Studebaker and I learned a few things:

Andy Studebaker supposedly runs a 4.4 40 Yard dash! He had 17.5 sacks last season and 24.5 TFL. He also had 8 passes broken up from the DE spot. I think he could be a steal, I didn't realize he was such a physcally impressive guy. He has looked pretty fast in the pre-season games and has looked pretty good in space. Those 8 passses broken up impresses me from the DE spot, I have confidence he can move to SLB.

eaglesalltheway
08-18-2008, 07:29 AM
I've been saying he's been impressive from the second week of camp. I won't guarantee he beats Boiman for the backup SAM, but he certainly has a good shot at winning the backup role.

eaglesfan_45
08-18-2008, 02:36 PM
Well, the FB battle gets a little more interesting-
Tony Hunt started at FB with the first team offense today. (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=15900)

So heres who is competing:
Tony Hunt- 3rd Round pick last year, he has shown flashes and is a power runner. I would want the Eagles to use him like Greg Jones of the Jags.

Jed Collins- Rookie UDFA had taken over Jason Davis until Hunt showed up.

Jason Davis- The Eagles favorite headin into camp, what happened?

Luke Lawton- Mainly a special teams guy don't expect him to make it.

Go_Eagles77
08-18-2008, 02:38 PM
Quick question, does anyone remember if the Luke Lawton trade was for a conditional 7th that would become nothing if he doesn't make the team or is it a 7th no matter what even if he doesn't make it?

eaglesfan_45
08-18-2008, 02:41 PM
Quick question, does anyone remember if the Luke Lawton trade was for a conditional 7th that would become nothing if he doesn't make the team or is it a 7th no matter what even if he doesn't make it?

It was conditional.

Go_Eagles77
08-18-2008, 02:50 PM
It was conditional.

So if he gets cut we don't have to give up anything? That's what I thought but I wasn't sure. His chances aren't looking too good.

eaglesalltheway
08-18-2008, 03:22 PM
Not really sure if Hunt would be any better than what we have, as he hasn't shown he can pass block yet, and I've never seen him show he can consistently be a good lead blocker, personnally, I think it is just something the coaches are fenagling with, but if he shows he has fixed his blocking woes, I would completely understand him making the move to FB. If he makes the team as a FB though, I think that puts GLew off the team, because if he is a FB, we will probably keep either Jed or Jason Davis. Sort of the same situation if he makes the team as a HB.

eaglesalltheway
08-18-2008, 03:26 PM
Well, the FB battle gets a little more interesting-
Tony Hunt started at FB with the first team offense today. (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=15900)

So heres who is competing:
Tony Hunt- 3rd Round pick last year, he has shown flashes and is a power runner. I would want the Eagles to use him like Greg Jones of the Jags.

Jed Collins- Rookie UDFA had taken over Jason Davis until Hunt showed up.

I wouldn't give it to Hunt yet. He's seen reps at FB with the first team, that doesn't mean he has the job. You may not want to, but it seems like you've already anointed him the new FB. If Hunt does well in the game Friday, I'll say it is a 3 way battle, but for now, I say its between Jed and Jason Davis, as both are better blockers from what I've seen. I haven't seen much of Hunt blocking though, so he could show and and do a great job there, if so great. I think he will need to keep his weight up just a tad though if he were to be a FB. 227 is light for a FB, even in the WCO. I know I'm usually the one who says weight isn't the end-all-be-all, but a little extra pounds of muscle wouldn't hurt for him if he's gonna be a FB.

Go_Eagles77
08-18-2008, 03:27 PM
Actually I think the only reason they are trying him out at FB is because it's pretty much the only way he could make the team, they are probably keeping 3 HBs and 1 FB so if he made the team as a FB he'd be the only one. I don't see him learning how to block as well as a FB in 2 weeks though.

eaglesalltheway
08-18-2008, 03:28 PM
Neither do I, unless he really improved his blocking over the off-season.

bsaza2358
08-18-2008, 04:31 PM
I think this is a clear sign that Hunt has no real role on this Eagles team, so they're giving him a chance at a different spot just in case. Likelihood is that he's practice squadded or waived/traded.

Geo
08-18-2008, 04:34 PM
I don't believe Hunt can go on the practice squad, after serving on the active roster last year. I'm 99 percent sure he's ineligible.

How's Luke Lawton doing if I may ask?

Go_Eagles77
08-18-2008, 04:51 PM
So far Lawton hasn't done anything to separate himself from the rest of the fullbacks, and he didn't even get any playing time in their last game, right now it looks like he has a slim chance to make the team especially because it would cost the eagles an extra 7th round pick.

eaglesalltheway
08-19-2008, 06:23 AM
I think this is a clear sign that Hunt has no real role on this Eagles team, so they're giving him a chance at a different spot just in case. Likelihood is that he's practice squadded or waived/traded.

I think he may end up getting released. Jed Collins has done well in both preseason games on special teams and had a solid game offensively last week. I think I will go out on a limb and say Collins wins the FB spot. It may not be too long of a limb anymore, but I try not to make accusations unless I have a strong feeling they will be true. Hunt can't beat what he has done so far and I doubt now that the Eagles keep 4 RBs.

bsaza2358
08-19-2008, 09:07 AM
The Eagles like to carry more WR's and secondary players + STers, so Hunt could definitely get released. I'm sure he will land somewhere quickly, but it is what it is.

camp_eagles
08-19-2008, 09:32 AM
Im not sure if anyone else said anything about this but they are moving Hunt to fullback so they can keep him on the roster for special teams because from what I heard he did very good against Carolina.

bsaza2358
08-19-2008, 09:37 AM
They're not going to keep 2 fullbacks on the roster. That would be ridiculous. If Hunt had a real future at the position, they would have made the switch in the offseason or training camp. They would like to keep him, but I doubt he makes the cut.

Go_Eagles77
08-19-2008, 12:05 PM
Who knows maybe Hunt will get a stinger or something and the eagles will put him on IR for the year, I just think he still has too much potential to just cut.

bsaza2358
08-19-2008, 12:07 PM
That isn't a bad point at all. That might be a better option...

bigbluedefense
08-19-2008, 12:37 PM
Im hearing great things about Quentin Demps. Can someone break him down for me?

eaglesfan_45
08-19-2008, 01:59 PM
Im hearing great things about Quentin Demps. Can someone break him down for me?

Well, he is a ballhawk safety with 4.3 speed. He is being worked at both CB and FS. He has great range and closing speed. In TC, he was disrupting plays a lot and last week he tipped a ball that was then intercepted. He was supposed to have difficulties against the run, but he looks fine so far, not great but not as big a deal as it was supposed to be. Next game he will be the starting KR, he is the most consistant (not most explosive) KR the Eagles have.

eaglesfan_45
08-19-2008, 02:02 PM
Im not sure if anyone else said anything about this but they are moving Hunt to fullback so they can keep him on the roster for special teams because from what I heard he did very good against Carolina.

Yeah, he played so well, that the Eagles moved him to FB to ttry and make it so he could have a chance at making the team. He played really good on special teams and was the teams best runner. I think he might be able to make it, I remember that Scott said that Tony was a good blocker coming out of college.

eaglesalltheway
08-19-2008, 02:44 PM
That isn't a bad point at all. That might be a better option...

That may happen as well, I hadn't thought of it...

eaglesalltheway
08-19-2008, 02:46 PM
Well, he is a ballhawk safety with 4.3 speed. He is being worked at both CB and FS. He has great range and closing speed. In TC, he was disrupting plays a lot and last week he tipped a ball that was then intercepted. He was supposed to have difficulties against the run, but he looks fine so far, not great but not as big a deal as it was supposed to be. Next game he will be the starting KR, he is the most consistant (not most explosive) KR the Eagles have.

Just to elaborate on his run defense, he doesn't make many plays on defenense against the run, but keeps the offense from making big plays. It sounds vague, but what i mean is he won't come up and make a Roy Williams play in the run game, but won't let the offense make big plays either.

bsaza2358
08-19-2008, 02:48 PM
Well, I'm not sure that Buck will be an Eagle after this year. Hunt is a good future guy, but I'm not thrilled that he hasn't developed enough to really challenge Buck. That is a telltale sign...

eaglesalltheway
08-19-2008, 02:53 PM
Well if Hunt gets IRed this year but shows the capability to be a good backup then I could defintiely see that working out. Hunt hasn't shown that yet to this point. If he can have two games like his last one that will go a long way for him, but he needs to do a better job on a more consistent basis, plus he needs to show he can block, even if he stays a RB. I think if he doesn't show a lot this year, he may be IRed anyway in hopes that he develops enough in the coming year, that is if the Eagles don't want to go to re-sign Buckhalter. Otherwise, if the Eagles release Hunt this year, and lose Bucky in FA, we may see a relatively early pick used on a RB. Byt that I mean for the Eagles. Like a fourth rounder on or about.

brat316
08-19-2008, 02:55 PM
That may happen as well, I hadn't thought of it...

didn't they do that with Gocong his rookie year

eaglesfan_45
08-20-2008, 02:54 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3543594

Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Anquan Boldin asked to be traded, saying he doesn't feel his situation can be resolved and declaring he has no relationship with coach Ken Whisenhunt.

Sweet, it sound like he really wants out.

"At the beginning of camp, I hadn't asked for a trade," Boldin said. "As of recently, we did."

Straight from the horse's mouth.

Honestly is there a better fit than Philadelphia?
The Eagles need a #1 WR, Q is a #1 WR.
Cradinals want draft picks? Eagles have draft picks
Card's want CB help? Eagles have CB depth.

Parting with Lito, Reggie Brown and a Second would be a fair price if you ask me. The Cardinals get a probowl #1 CB to hold the spot until DRC is ready. Then they get a solid #2 in Reggie Brown and a relatively high draft pick in a Rd.2 pick.

To add to all of that, guess who Boldin's agent is? Drew Rosenhaus, the same guy who is Lito's agent.

Boldin would look good in midnight green don't you think?

Also I am disapointed with the defensive end spot so far, Abiamiri who was going to be key is out and Chris Clemons can't seem to stay healthy. Those 2 were supposed to make a difference this year, now the Eagles are stuck with practically the same DEs as last year.

brat316
08-20-2008, 03:19 AM

Parting with Lito, Reggie Brown and a Second would be a fair price if you ask me. The Cardinals get a probowl #1 CB to hold the spot until DRC is ready. Then they get a solid #2 in Reggie Brown and a relatively high draft pick in a Rd.2 pick.

To add to all of that, guess who Boldin's agent is? Drew Rosenhaus, the same guy who is Lito's agent.

Are you insane man Lito and Brown and a second talk about over paying, Lito and second would be fair enough.

eaglesfan_45
08-20-2008, 03:30 AM
Are you insane man Lito and Brown and a second talk about over paying, Lito and second would be fair enough.

Really, if I'm Arizona's GM, I'm saying no to a deal that doesn't include a solid #2 WR. Why? If Q leaves who is going to play #2 WR to Larry Fitzgerald. Plus Lito isn't exactly the healthiest of guys and the Eagles 2nd rounder figures to be in the top half of the 2nd round.

Apparently you've forgoten what a #1 WR does for this offense. WR has always been the achilles heel of the team except fir that 1 year with TO. Anquan Boldin is a carbon copy of TO without the attitude problems. Add to that that he is still in his early prime (27 years old). He has topped 100 receptions twice and is a top young WR in the NFL. He would do som much for this offense, and then the icing on the cake is that he is ideal in a WCO.

He would also help form what would then become one of the top WR crews in the NFL. Kevin Curtis and DeSean stretching the field opposite him. Avant and Baskett coming in as the #4 and #5 WR and producing. The Eagles would then have one of the most potent offenses in the NFL especially considering that the Eagles also plan to line Lorenzo Booker and B-West out in the slot.

brat316
08-20-2008, 03:35 AM
My bad I read Sheldon Brown, yeah dump Reggie there would be no room for him on the roster

eaglesfan_45
08-20-2008, 03:37 AM
My bad I read Sheldon Brown, yeah dump Reggie there would be no room for him on the roster

Its late, I understand lol.

eaglesfan_45
08-20-2008, 05:47 AM
EATW! I am alone! I am the one and only poster here right now!

eaglesalltheway
08-20-2008, 06:18 AM
didn't they do that with Gocong his rookie year

They've done that with a lot of rookies over the years, and yes, Gocong was one of them.

eaglesalltheway
08-20-2008, 06:32 AM

Also I am disapointed with the defensive end spot so far, Abiamiri who was going to be key is out and Chris Clemons can't seem to stay healthy. Those 2 were supposed to make a difference this year, now the Eagles are stuck with practically the same DEs as last year.

It is probably the best fit either team could look for, but the Cards have made a public statement that they are not going to trade him. They may be playing a chess match, but who knows.

Lito and Reggie plus a second seems a bit too high to me as well. I've heard thqat the Cowboys may be interested in trading for him too, so a deal like that may have to be done to top Dallas' offer to get Anquan. I think we could get him for less, but like I said, the price may be driven up with other teams surely wanting his services. One thing to think about though. Reggie has a 8 mil cap hit if he is traded from what I've heard, so I don't think that makes him easy to trade. That hit may be divided over this year and next year since (if the trade were to go down) the trade would be completed after June first.

To follow up, I am keeping an eye on this (Just like Drew Rosenhaus told me at TC) but am not expecting anything. Seriously when Rosenhaus told me that I seriously thought he was joking. If that is the case, I can say I was one of the first two Eagles fans who knew about it. That was three weeks ago now, maybe a littel more. Insider information for me, haha.

DE isn't a concern. As of now we bvasically have the same guys, but there is no doubt that both Howard and McDougle are improved, and as long as Trent Cole is around we have good DEs. Parker is the starter at LDE and he did a great job last year. He was second on the team in sacks, and is solid against the run. Plus, I've heard that Victor is recovering well and we may see him this season. I am really high on this kid. He brings so much to the table as a DE. Before I found out his pass rushing was improved, he was our Broderick Bunkley of DEs, stout at the point and strong in almost every aspect of the run game. But in TC he really showed he can rush the passer. He is balanced and can do so much for our D-line. I can't wait till this kid gets hsi time on the field. Even without him though. You can hardly say DE was a weakness last year for this team. The DEs will be fine this season, unless the rest of them get injured.

eaglesalltheway
08-20-2008, 06:47 AM
Really, if I'm Arizona's GM, I'm saying no to a deal that doesn't include a solid #2 WR. Why? If Q leaves who is going to play #2 WR to Larry Fitzgerald. Plus Lito isn't exactly the healthiest of guys and the Eagles 2nd rounder figures to be in the top half of the 2nd round.

Apparently you've forgoten what a #1 WR does for this offense. WR has always been the achilles heel of the team except fir that 1 year with TO. Anquan Boldin is a carbon copy of TO without the attitude problems. Add to that that he is still in his early prime (27 years old). He has topped 100 receptions twice and is a top young WR in the NFL. He would do som much for this offense, and then the icing on the cake is that he is ideal in a WCO.

He would also help form what would then become one of the top WR crews in the NFL. Kevin Curtis and DeSean stretching the field opposite him. Avant and Baskett coming in as the #4 and #5 WR and producing. The Eagles would then have one of the most potent offenses in the NFL especially considering that the Eagles also plan to line Lorenzo Booker and B-West out in the slot.

It will be real difficult for the Eagles to trade Reggie with the cap hit I mentioned. The Cards don't have anyone at the moment, but Early Doucet coudl be a future #2 for the Cards.

A #1 WR does a lot for this offensem as we all know. I won't get into trade things becasue I posted what I feel about that in my post above. I think a fair trade would be Lito and a Second. But then our CBs go from one of our greatest strengths to a very shallow position. I am fine with it if it happens, but if either Asante or Brown woudl get injured, Joselio Hanson is now a starter, which is not good for the defense. We have Ike in a year to hopefully win the Ncikel CB role (if Lito is traded) but I will be on pins and needles if Hanson is starting.

Anquan isn't a carbon copy of TO. He isn't as fast, but he does have great quickness and change of direction like TO. TO has moves that Anquan doesn't, and as a result, TO will make defenders miss more often, and Anquan has to power over, past, through, around, potential tacklers. He does have some traits simlar with TO, but he isn't a carbon copy. They are similar WRs, not anywhere near identical though. TO is undoubtedly more physically gifted, and to be honest Anquan runs like a FB out there, which I love, and TO runs like a WR, granted no other WR runs like him, he just has more power than a typical WR (not as much as Anquan) and better moves than most...

No doubt a #1 WR owuld end our WR problems for a long time. Like I've been saying for two years. Our WRs are not far off. If we can get a #1 WR, or one developes into a #1 WR, we suddenly have one of the best WR corps in the NFL. Like I was saying before, I'm not sure Reggie would be easily traded, but if he was kept, the Eagles would have a WR corp that looks like this
Boldin- #1 WR who is one of the better WRs in the NFL.
Kevin Curtis- 1,000 yard receiver in his first year as a starter. Very solid #2
Reggie Brown- Up and coming WR who has lots of potential to be a 1,000 yd WR
DeSean Jackson- PRomising Rookie who is very dynamic
Jason Avant- Great Slot WR with Great Hands and good size.
Hank Baskett- Deceptively quick WR with good height and hands.

Even if you take Reggie out of there, that is a sick nasty WR corps.

eaglesalltheway
08-20-2008, 06:50 AM
I'd give up Ltio and a second for Anquan, and it would seem fair, but I think it may take more for AZ to bite. If both Lito and Reggie had to be involved, I'd say them and a fourth is fine. But if we jus twant to go with Reggie, we would have to give up at least a first as well. Like I sadi, who knows. I'm just watchign this for now.

eaglesalltheway
08-20-2008, 06:51 AM
EATW! I am alone! I am the one and only poster here right now!

Oh yeah, well I was here once when there were 0 posters on! JK man, I've been here by myself before a few times.

eaglesfan_45
08-20-2008, 11:32 AM
How much smaller do you think this thread would be EATW if we didn't post?

Geo
08-20-2008, 11:48 AM
Lito and a 2nd isn't enough for Boldin imo. I felt at the Draft it would take Lito and a 1st, and still feel that way. Especially given that the Eagles have Carolina's 1st next year, they are going to have to give up at least one of those 1st round picks now. At least that would be my asking price.

Go_Eagles77
08-20-2008, 12:15 PM
Just heard Kevin Curtis has a sports hernia, will be out for a while. More reason to get Anquan Boldin hopefully haha.

eaglesfan_45
08-20-2008, 12:18 PM
Just heard Kevin Curtis has a sports hernia, will be out for a while. More reason to get Anquan Boldin hopefully haha.

WTF? That sucks arse! Both the #1 and #2 WR are injured now!! DeSean you better step up your game big time, this is your shot.

bsaza2358
08-20-2008, 12:19 PM
Source? Need a link if you have one.

Go_Eagles77
08-20-2008, 12:20 PM
Sorry no link just heard it on Andy Reid's Press Conference on the eagles website, says he's going to have to have surgery and he won't be back in time for the opener.

eaglesfan_45
08-20-2008, 12:23 PM
Sorry no link just heard it on Andy Reid's Press Conference on the eagles website, says he's going to have to have surgery and he won't be back in time for the opener.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

this f'n sucks, I can't believe this **** now who's starting? Reggie Brown and DeSean Jackson? I like DeSean and all but is he ready to be a starter? Reggie Brown now has 2 injuries that tend to linger and affect players play.

Go_Eagles77
08-20-2008, 12:27 PM
I'm guessing Reggie and either Lewis or Baskett will start, DeSean will probably still play the role he would have with Curtis still there.

eaglesfan_45
08-20-2008, 12:30 PM
I'm guessing Reggie and either Lewis or Baskett will start, DeSean will probably still play the role he would have with Curtis still there.

Jackson is the starter in the New England game:

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2008/8/20/597555/desean-jackson-to-start-vs

The Eagles like him and he is smart and works hard, I really like him and I think that if Kevin Curtis and Reggie Brown miss time, Jackson is a serious ROY contender. The Eagles are so excited about him but they don't want to blow-up his ego so they cover it up with sayings like: "He did some good things, I thought he caught the ball OK. He had a couple of drops in there."

bsaza2358
08-20-2008, 12:34 PM
I just listened to the PC from 8/18, but nothing yet. I don't see the PC on the Eagles site at all.

bsaza2358
08-20-2008, 12:35 PM
Scratch that. They're talking about it on the live show on the Eagles site. FAAAAAAHK!

Go_Eagles77
08-20-2008, 12:37 PM
They played it on Eagles Live.

bsaza2358
08-20-2008, 12:39 PM
It appears to be official. I dropped him from my one team that has drafted thusfar.

Geo
08-20-2008, 12:48 PM
Is Curtis going to miss that much time?

bsaza2358
08-20-2008, 12:49 PM
McNabb had this injury in 2006 and LJ Smith had this in 2007. Both had horrendous seasons. LJ's repair came before training camp, and McNabb tried to play through it. It is much more serious than it sounds. The full recovery takes a long time, and it will create a big problem for him running routes. BAH.

Geo
08-20-2008, 12:58 PM
Good point. Maybe Jason Avant can get a real chance now though.

bsaza2358
08-20-2008, 01:05 PM
I think it will be Reggie Brown as the #1, with Baskett, Avant, Jackson, and Lewis in different packages...

eaglesalltheway
08-20-2008, 01:21 PM
How much smaller do you think this thread would be EATW if we didn't post?

There would be about 30 less pages at least.

eaglesalltheway
08-20-2008, 01:22 PM
Lito and a 2nd isn't enough for Boldin imo. I felt at the Draft it would take Lito and a 1st, and still feel that way. Especially given that the Eagles have Carolina's 1st next year, they are going to have to give up at least one of those 1st round picks now. At least that would be my asking price.

I had said that I beleive, and to be honest, I would be fine with it, now especially.

eaglesalltheway
08-20-2008, 01:23 PM

I heard he's out as long a 8 weeks...

bsaza2358
08-20-2008, 01:26 PM
8 weeks might be how long he's out from practice and games, but we have seen 2 other players have significant issues with returning at full strength and having enough stamina and power to really perform. Expect Curtis to not be anywhere near regular ability until next season.

eaglesalltheway
08-20-2008, 01:28 PM
Yeah I am aware of that, I just heard n the team site that is the best scenario to hpe for. But no one is expecting 100%. I'd imagine you lose a lot of core strength with a hernia.

bsaza2358
08-20-2008, 01:45 PM
You lose the strength due to the injury, then you're down and not active for a few weeks, then you have to build up your strength again. Football regular season and playoffs are not really conducive to healing and building core strength. That's why the guys work so hard in the offseason. Practice and such is hard enough to get through. Not a ton of time to work out.

eaglesalltheway
08-20-2008, 01:49 PM
You lose the strength due to the injury, then you're down and not active for a few weeks, then you have to build up your strength again. Football regular season and playoffs are not really conducive to healing and building core strength. That's why the guys work so hard in the offseason. Practice and such is hard enough to get through. Not a ton of time to work out.

Yeah I know, I was saying basically thae same thing you just gave further elabortation and medical reasons, haha.

bsaza2358
08-20-2008, 01:49 PM
No worries. I wasn't arguing. Just elaborating.

eaglesalltheway
08-20-2008, 01:58 PM
Neither was I . Teamwork, haha,

brat316
08-20-2008, 02:17 PM
So are they going to put him on PUP or IR. Looks like Greg Lewis is going to stay and so probably is Hunt, i would expect Booker to be in some more WR pacakges.

WOW looking forward to a great season and this **** happens loosing the only number 1 WR.

eaglesfan_45
08-20-2008, 02:42 PM
Don't count on Reggie Brown guys, he has 2 injuries that tend to linger and bring down a players level of play. He has a strained hamstring and an inflamed achilles heel.

So, really DeSean will be the #2 literally but with Brown injured he will be McNabb's #1 target. The Eagles better start to use alot of different players. I expect to see Booker out at WR alot more, and I want to see alot more Avant. I even think they might line LJ Smith up in the slot on occasion. Then you've got Baskett and Lewis as the back-ups.

Peanut could really pull ahead in the battle for the #2 WR against the Patriots. They aren't a really strong secondary team, so DeSean will definitely get some looks. They run a zone scheme primarily and a strength of DeSean's is finding the open spot in the zones. I really think he is going to be a special player but I just do not know if he is ready to be a starter. I expected him to challenge for the #2 spot before but now that it is practically his, I am concerned.

camp_eagles
08-20-2008, 02:52 PM
I Want Anquan

Geo
08-20-2008, 02:56 PM
Curtis can't be placed on PUP, as he didn't enter training camp on PUP. He's either on the active roster or placed on IR, the former being much more likely. If there's a setback during the season, then IR might come into play, but I would think they'll let him heal up and see how things go.

Also I think it's fair to say that Westbrook, the best player on the team, is McNabb's true #1 target. I have a good feeling about Avant, it wouldn't surprise me if he does some good things if he gets a full-fledged opportunity. He's not a burner, but he'll help move the chains.

The Eagles will be fine for their season opener at home against the Rams, but this is not good for the Week 2 Monday night football game at Dallas.

Go_Eagles77
08-20-2008, 02:59 PM
This seriously sucks ass, the eagles should really just do whatever they can to get Boldin, make what may be the biggest weakness right now into a strength.

eaglesfan_45
08-20-2008, 03:03 PM
Don't count on Reggie Brown guys, he has 2 injuries that tend to linger and bring down a players level of play. He has a strained hamstring and an inflamed achilles heel.

So, really DeSean will be the #2 literally but with Brown injured he will be McNabb's #1 target. The Eagles better start to use alot of different players. I expect to see Booker out at WR alot more, and I want to see alot more Avant. I even think they might line LJ Smith up in the slot on occasion. Then you've got Baskett and Lewis as the back-ups.

Peanut could really pull ahead in the battle for the #2 WR against the Patriots. They aren't a really strong secondary team, so DeSean will definitely get some looks. They run a zone scheme primarily and a strength of DeSean's is finding the open spot in the zones. I really think he is going to be a special player but I just do not know if he is ready to be a starter. I expected him to challenge for the #2 spot before but now that it is practically his, I am concerned.

bump it, bump it, bump it! :D

The Eagles could really change this team if the got Anquan. All of a sudden the Eagles would have a young #1 WR who is a perfect fit for the system. Then the Eagles would have DeSean stretching the field opposite him. In the future that would be a dominant duo, a comparison would be pairing TO with Steve Smith and neither of them have the attitude/anger issues. McNabb and Kolb would both be estatic to get that.

Go_Eagles77
08-20-2008, 03:08 PM
Reid said himself they won't go after anyone, I hope he's just saying that to not get our hopes up but I seriously doubt it.

Geo
08-20-2008, 03:12 PM
Probably said it so that Joe Horn would stop calling him. :D

eaglesfan_45
08-20-2008, 03:27 PM
Probably said it so that Joe Horn would stop calling him. :D

Stop Calling Joe!!

Also, a little fact:
Eagles have the #2 ranked defense in the pre-season and the #1 ranked pass defense. Hopefully that can carry over to the regular season.

Sniper
08-20-2008, 03:28 PM
Stop Calling Joe!!

Also, a little fact:
Eagles have the #2 ranked defense in the pre-season and the #1 ranked pass defense. Hopefully that can carry over to the regular season.

Our D was good last year, we just never got turnovers.

D-Unit
08-20-2008, 03:29 PM
I doubt they use Desean as much on Kick returns now.

eaglesfan_45
08-20-2008, 03:34 PM
Our D was good last year, we just never got turnovers.

#7 ranked run defense but the #18 ranked pass defense for a total of #10 overall (which is good)

The Pass defense is vastly improved thus far and thats a very good thing because the average Eagles fan would be calling for Asante's head if he busts for the Eagles.

brat316
08-20-2008, 03:35 PM
I don't think Desean was going to be used on KR he would break in half

eaglesfan_45
08-20-2008, 03:37 PM

he is only used as a PR right now, Lorenzo Booker and Quintin Demps are the starting KR.

D-Unit
08-20-2008, 03:38 PM
hahaha... Sure he could... but that was funny.

eaglesfan_45
08-20-2008, 03:49 PM
Reid said himself they won't go after anyone, I hope he's just saying that to not get our hopes up but I seriously doubt it.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=15919

Reid said the team currently had no interest in free agent wide receiver Joe Horn, and would not comment on trade possibilities.

That is not saying he won't/isn't trying to make a trade.

eaglesfan_45
08-21-2008, 02:22 AM
http://www.igglesblog.com/iggles_blog/2008/08/pride-goeth-before.html

here is a little article on why the Cowboys COULD fail:

In all the years I've spent following football, I've never seen a situation like what we have right now in Dallas. Not a game has been played and yet the entirety of the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex -- along with all the poseur bandwagoners around the country -- are treating the regular season as a formality, the NFC playoffs as a coronation and the Super Bowl as perhaps the year's only challenge.

Spend even five minutes reading Cowboys message boards, media coverage or player interviews and tell me this isn't the cockiest team and fanbase you've ever seen.

It's unreal.

You may recall this exercise from a few weeks ago. I wanted to compare the Eagles and Cowboys to see what we could find out from a position-by-position talent analysis. It wasn't great news, but the thing about the Eagles' young players is that we don't yet know what their ceilings are. (For example, I have a feeling that by the end of the season we won't be placing Bradie James above Stewart Bradley.)

That little analysis, which wasn't even that in-depth, was picked up by a rash of Cowboys message boards. The comments on those board all read pretty much like this:

"Finally some Eagles fan recognizes the clear superiority of the beloved Dallas Cowboys. It's just too bad that said Eagles fan doesn't understand just how superior they are. By my super in-depth research in which I will type down both names and then say it's 'idiotic' to believe that so-and-so from the Cowboys isn't the best [so-and-so's position] in the league, Dallas is CLEARLY better at all 22 positions on the field."

Remind me never to say another kind word about the Cowboys ever again.

I just think it's funny that not seven months after a Super Bowl in which the lead-pipe lock of the century choked away its shot at immortality, people in Dallas -- and based on what I've read I'm lumping the players and media in with this too -- haven't learned the lesson that nothing in the NFL is ever guaranteed.

And so, as a public service for these individuals, please allow me to present 10 possible reasons why the Cowboys might not fulfill their destiny of becoming the greatest team of all time this year:

1. Their schedule is really hard. Dallas plays the fifth-toughest schedule this year according to Football Outsiders' projection system. They start with games at Cleveland and then at home against Philadelphia on Monday night. Say what you will about Andy Reid, but his teams always come to play in prime time. These guys could -- emphasis on could -- be 0-2 to start the season.

2. Bill Parcells has now been gone for two years. Maybe it's true that Wade Phillips was the best thing that could have happened to the Cowboys last year. After a few years of Parcells' relentless grind, Phillips' lighter hand might have helped. The question now is if Phillips' laissez-faire approach will continue to work, or if we'll instead see signs that lack of discipline is starting to creep in.

3. This Jason Garrett situation is nuts. Basically, the guy the owner thinks is his coach of forever is somehow still reporting to a guy no one in the country thinks is a competent head man. Sure, it worked last year because the team played so well -- a common theme on a few of these -- but throw a little adversity in the mix and see if the waters stay this smooth.

4. The league has had a year to catch up to Garrett's fastball. Switching to the X's and O's for a minute, always remember that the other guys get paid too. Those other guys have now spent a year breaking down that Cowboys' offense, looking for weaknesses, incorporating successful elements from other game plans and coming to a better understanding of what Garrett's teams are going to do. He's still a good coach, but how many times have we seen the flavor-of-the-month coordinator suddenly look a lot less brilliant the following season when everyone's on to his tricks?

5. The rest of the coaching staff has been raided. Jerry Jones has done a great job restocking the coach's lounge with big names, but you have to figure that Bill Parcells -- who had worked with these guys for years -- knew what he was doing when he was picking which guys he wanted to steal, right?

6. Tony Romo continues to screw around. I think guys could get away with a certain lifestyle 30 years ago, when playing quarterback basically meant: "see receiver, hit receiver." These days I'm not so sure. And while you could argue that Romo seems like he's never had a problem performing on the field, how do we know that another couple hours of film study wouldn't have made the difference in some of those big games he hasn't won?

7. From a character perspective, Tony Romo is the least of this team's concerns. The last couple of seasons, the Cowboys have been the organization of last resort for seemingly all the league's malcontents. At what point does a team achieve a critical mass of turditude?

8. Terrell Owens hasn't changed. Yeah, I know. He has "perspective" now. He's in a happy place with a happy quarterback and a happy new contract. Never again will he be anything but a paragon of virtue. Bull. You think Randy Moss is no longer the type of guy to dog it in a bad situation simply because he played well when he was transferred to a good one? Nope. That guy hasn't changed one bit. It's just his environment that's changed. We're seeing the same thing with TO. He's fine right now, but if things go wrong on the field, he's not getting his catches, or the team starts to slip a little bit, we're going to see the same jackass we all know and hate reasserting himself. And it won't be pretty. For Dallas.

9. At some point the Cowboys are going to have a significant injury. They've been lucky for awhile now. This could be the year that luck runs out.

10. Finally, it's just a little bit possible that these guys are all just a little too satisfied with themselves right now. Tell me you would be surprised to read quotes like this next August:

After a season in which the Cowboys fell well short of preseason expectations, new head coach Jason Garrett thinks he knows what the problem was and how to fix it.

"I think the guys just got a little complacent last year," said Garrett. "Everyone knows in the NFL that if you show up each week and you're not ready to give 100 percent, other teams are too good to let you get away with it."

Quarterback Tony Romo, who missed six weeks to receive treatment for a virulent strain of a previously unidentified STD, agreed with his coach. "Last year the focus just wasn't there. This year is totally different. You can really feel in on the practice field and in meetings. We're ready to play now."

People keep citing the number of "Pro Bowlers" on that roster as if a) that designation meant anything and b) it's not even a little bit possible that a rising tide lifted all boats last year. If the players themselves start believing that hype, things could go downhill fast.

Take away DeMarcus Ware for a couple weeks or watch Leonard Davis revert to his chronic underachieving ways or have teams realize that there are still plenty of ways to attack those two safeties, and then see how everyone else reacts. Maybe -- just maybe -- some of these guys might not look as good if everything around them isn't all peaches and cream.

Word of the Day: Hubris. Always bites you in the end

Dear football gods,

Please make all that happen.

Sincerely,
Eaglesfan_45

eaglesalltheway
08-21-2008, 06:22 AM
So are they going to put him on PUP or IR. Looks like Greg Lewis is going to stay and so probably is Hunt, i would expect Booker to be in some more WR pacakges.

WOW looking forward to a great season and this **** happens loosing the only number 1 WR.

I wouldn't expect Hunt to make the team. This FB thing is really a last resort. It is possible, but it is less than 50-50 if he makes the team.

eaglesalltheway
08-21-2008, 06:27 AM

I wouldn't rule him out either. Both are minor injuries in themesleves, but like you said, are lingering. I'm saying to expect a lot from him, just don't rule him out either.

Well the team has already said the Baskett and GLew will be splitting time in Curtis's absence, so they will be the ones getting the most PT, but I would like to see the things you mentioned.

I agree with pretty much all of your last paragraph. But with the way he has handled himself, it truly wouldn't surprise me if he seizes this moment and really shows up huge. One thing though that bothers me, if DJax (never has a rookie had so many nicknames) plays well enough to win the #2 spot, Reggie will start once he's healthy again anyway because AR doesn't let his starters lose their job due to injury.

eaglesalltheway
08-21-2008, 06:31 AM
bump it, bump it, bump it! :D

The Eagles could really change this team if the got Anquan. All of a sudden the Eagles would have a young #1 WR who is a perfect fit for the system. Then the Eagles would have DeSean stretching the field opposite him. In the future that would be a dominant duo, a comparison would be pairing TO with Steve Smith and neither of them have the attitude/anger issues. McNabb and Kolb would both be estatic to get that.

Hell yeah, its like I've been saying for a while, the offense only benefits from getting a WR if it is a true #1. Because...

1. We finally have that #1, and upgrade over our current #1
2. It shuffles everyone else down on the depth chart, making the whoel group deeper.
3. The #1 will get more attention, opening up more opportunites for everyone else.
4. We have a versatile set of WRs who will take advatage of the holes left by the #1.

I could go one but we all know how much a #1 would help the team...

eaglesalltheway
08-21-2008, 06:33 AM
Stop Calling Joe!!

Also, a little fact:

That is great, I realy wasn't worried about the D this year with all of the talent that is being introduced to the team.

eaglesalltheway
08-21-2008, 06:34 AM

We hadn't been using him on kickoff returns, but he was our #1 PR. i still think we will see a lot of him, because our team is desperate for big plays on ST.

eaglesalltheway
08-21-2008, 06:35 AM

He has taken some good hits already, I think we an put an end to the fears of him breaking in half, haha.

eaglesalltheway
08-21-2008, 06:36 AM

Plus the second the AR says the name Boldin he would get nailed with tampering. I really don't know how to gauge that situation right now, but I am keeping a close eye on it, just like Rosenhaus said three weeks ago.

eaglesalltheway
08-21-2008, 06:44 AM
http://www.igglesblog.com/iggles_blog/2008/08/pride-goeth-before.html

here is a little article on why the Cowboys COULD fail:

Dear football gods,

Please make all that happen.

Sincerely,
Eaglesfan_45

I Would be content if half of that happened. If somebody up there loves me, they will grant me a few of those.

Sniper
08-21-2008, 09:44 AM
I Would be content if half of that happened. If somebody up there loves me, they will grant me a few of those.

I'll take that too :)

Sniper
08-21-2008, 11:55 AM
We hadn't been using him on kickoff returns, but he was our #1 PR. i still think we will see a lot of him, because our team is desperate for big plays on ST.

I think he will still return punts. That's more or less what he was expected to this year anyways, so anything receiving wise is gravy. He won't break any big plays if he doesn't get any blocking, as is usually the case with the Eagles.

Sniper
08-21-2008, 11:56 AM
Plus the second the AR says the name Boldin he would get nailed with tampering. I really don't know how to gauge that situation right now, but I am keeping a close eye on it, just like Rosenhaus said three weeks ago.

I'm as big a Boldin fan as anyone out there, but I really don't expect him to come here. It's right before the season and he's still got time left on his contract. Arizona isn't going to trade him for shits and giggles.

eaglesalltheway
08-21-2008, 12:52 PM
I think he will still return punts. That's more or less what he was expected to this year anyways, so anything receiving wise is gravy. He won't break any big plays if he doesn't get any blocking, as is usually the case with the Eagles.

Yeah pretty mush what I was saying. Hopefully once special teams is set up after the final roster is figured out, we will have special teams positions, figured out and blocking will improve, I hope I hope I hope.

eaglesalltheway
08-21-2008, 12:53 PM
I'm as big a Boldin fan as anyone out there, but I really don't expect him to come here. It's right before the season and he's still got time left on his contract. Arizona isn't going to trade him for shits and giggles.

When people talk about the trade, I sort of take the stance that if we are gong to talk about it I will assume it will happen for arguments sake. I've gone on the record saying that I don't expect this trade to happen, but I am watching the situation closely.

camp_eagles
08-21-2008, 02:28 PM
As much as I want Boldin to happen I also know that we most likely wont get him. Also since Curtis is injured do you guys think we keep another receiver on the roster?

eaglesfan_45
08-21-2008, 03:41 PM
As much as I want Boldin to happen I also know that we most likely wont get him. Also since Curtis is injured do you guys think we keep another receiver on the roster?

I wish we could get Boldin, but I think it is unlikely because Arizona has stated multiple times that they will not trade him. He would be nice to have but I doubt it happens.

WRs have never played a crucial role in the offense, last year out leading reciever was Brian Westbrook and he figures to be up there again. Then Lorenzo Booker will be split out to WR often so you can expect some decent numbers from him as well. LJ Smith is healthy and when he is healthy he really helps the offense, especially in the red-zone. Brent Celek should continue to improve, and he looks to become a solid TE and a premier back-up in the NFL. The Eagles WR situation is hurting right now, with both Curtis and Brown hurt, but the Eagles have some guys that could step up. DeSean Jackson will get his oppurtunity to start, and if he plays like he is playingn right now, the production drop-off isn't that bad. Hank Baskett needs to step up, he has great size and if he can rise to the occasion he adds another dimension to the offense. Then Greg Lewis the veteran will be seeing time at #2 and in the slot and he is crafty and always finds a way to get it done. After all of that is a personal favorite of mine, Jason Avant who doesn't have great physical tools, but he is consitent and runs good routes which is a must in a WCO, and so far, when he has played, he has produced.

I could see LJ Smith lineing up in the slot on occasion. Booker will be lining up at WR as will Westbrook so, WR production should have little to no drop off.

I think that this is Tony Hunt's oppurtunity to make the team as a FB or a RB, but if the Eagles had their hearts set on keeping 6 active WRs I think Micheal Gasperson, who impressed in Eagles TC.

Also a guy that had a door opened was Ryan Moats, with Hunt moving to FB, Moats is the 4th RB so if Hunt impresses at FB and Moats plays better than Micheal Gasperson you could see Hunt make the roster as a FB and Moats as the 4th RB.

cunningham06
08-21-2008, 03:50 PM
I wish we could get Boldin, but I think it is unlikely because Arizona has stated multiple times that they will not trade him. He would be nice to have but I doubt it happens.

WRs have never played a crucial role in the offense, last year out leading reciever was Brian Westbrook and he figures to be up there again. Then Lorenzo Booker will be split out to WR often so you can expect some decent numbers from him as well. LJ Smith is healthy and when he is healthy he really helps the offense, especially in the red-zone. Brent Celek should continue to improve, and he looks to become a solid TE and a premier back-up in the NFL. The Eagles WR situation is hurting right now, with both Curtis and Brown hurt, but the Eagles have some guys that could step up. DeSean Jackson will get his oppurtunity to start, and if he plays like he is playingn right now, the production drop-off isn't that bad. Hank Baskett needs to step up, he has great size and if he can rise to the occasion he adds another dimension to the offense. Then Greg Lewis the veteran will be seeing time at #2 and in the slot and he is crafty and always finds a way to get it done. After all of that is a personal favorite of mine, Jason Avant who doesn't have great physical tools, but he is consitent and runs good routes which is a must in a WCO, and so far, when he has played, he has produced.

I could see LJ Smith lineing up in the slot on occasion. Booker will be lining up at WR as will Westbrook so, WR production should have little to no drop off.

I think that this is Tony Hunt's oppurtunity to make the team as a FB or a RB, but if the Eagles had their hearts set on keeping 6 active WRs I think Micheal Gasperson, who impressed in Eagles TC.

Also a guy that had a door opened was Ryan Moats, with Hunt moving to FB, Moats is the 4th RB so if Hunt impresses at FB and Moats plays better than Micheal Gasperson you could see Hunt make the roster as a FB and Moats as the 4th RB.

WR's haven't played a big role in our offense recently, because we have had a mediocre group since TO left. When TO was here our offense was ridiculous, McNabb had his best season by far, and the offense was able to support our pass happy offense. If we could land Boldin our offense would be immensely better. Our receivers last year were absolute trash in a lot of games. They couldn't beat the press, and getting seperation was a huge issue. Getting one of the most physical WR's in the game could only help solve that problem.

Also I LOVE the idea of Tony Hunt as a fullback, I wanted him on the team, and feel that this is the best spot for him.

Go_Eagles77
08-21-2008, 08:12 PM
The eagles may go after Michael Clayton once the bucs cut him (he doesn't have a good relationship with Gruden), I honestly wouldn't mind the move, he's definitely better than nothing and a change of scenery might help him, plus he looked great as a rookie.

Eaglez.Fan
08-21-2008, 08:17 PM
That would be pretty good. He knows the WCO, and he IS still a good WR. After his rookie year a lot of people including myself thought he was going to be a star in this league. He's also a big physical receiver that we've been missing for awhile. I may be getting ahead of myself but I hope we give him a look.

eaglesfan_45
08-21-2008, 08:24 PM
That would be pretty good. He knows the WCO, and he IS still a good WR. After his rookie year a lot of people including myself thought he was going to be a star in this league. He's also a big physical receiver that we've been missing for awhile. I may be getting ahead of myself but I hope we give him a look.

same here, and at the very least he provides a big WR in the end-zone who is also a solid blocker.

brat316
08-21-2008, 08:47 PM
What ever happened to Clayton after his rookie year

Sniper
08-21-2008, 10:14 PM
The eagles may go after Michael Clayton once the bucs cut him (he doesn't have a good relationship with Gruden), I honestly wouldn't mind the move, he's definitely better than nothing and a change of scenery might help him, plus he looked great as a rookie.

Not a bad move. I like Clayton a lot in this offense.

cunningham06
08-22-2008, 01:08 AM

We will see, if he does get traded, we have more firepower than anybody with 2 1st rounders and a CB we could move if necessary.

eaglesfan_45
08-22-2008, 03:06 AM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfceast/0-2-103/Thursday-column--Could-L-J--Smith-save-the-Birds-.html

Quick question: What separates a "sports hernia" from the garden-variety hernia that I use as an excuse for not helping friends move furniture? Honestly, I'd never heard of a sports hernia until Eagles players starting passing them around like a virus three years ago.

Quarterback Donovan McNabb had to shut it down in November 2005 because of a sports hernia that may or may not have been caused by T.O. In the spring of 2007, Eagles tight end L.J. Smith underwent surgery for a sports hernia, which caused him to miss the preseason and contributed to a poor season in which he had 22 catches for 236 yards.

Now, starting wide receiver Kevin Curtis could miss significant time because of sports hernia surgery. At this point, your Day 1 starters at receiver could be "Hammerin'" Hank Baskett and rookie DeSean "Action" Jackson. And let's be real: It's not like Curtis and Reggie Brown (hamstring) were striking fear in the hearts of defensive backs across the league.

That brings us back to Smith, who after being named a second alternate to the Pro Bowl in 2006, was pretty much a non-factor last season. He has gotten lost in a division that has included Jason Witten, Chris Cooley and ex-Giant Jeremy Shockey.

Shockey entered the league in 2002 and promptly caught 74 passes. Smith and Witten arrived in the second and third rounds of the 2003 draft. A year later, the Redskins selected Cooley in the third round. Witten, Cooley and Shockey have become perennial Pro Bowlers, while the 28-year-old Smith has become somewhat of an afterthought.

It's easy to forget (if you're not an Eagles fan) that Smith made a diving catch for a touchdown in Super XXXIX. Now, he's desperate to prove that he belongs in the discussion of elite tight ends in the league. Smith received the Eagles' franchise tag this season, which is incentive enough to have a breakout season. But the loss of Curtis provides even more pressure.

That's part of the reason Smith decided to take a different approach to working out this past offseason. While his teammates relaxed in February, Smith began an intense workout routine. He had missed the final three games with a knee injury, so he didn't mind starting early.

A personal trainer named Carlos Bradley introduced Smith to Russian Kettlebells. Smith had heard that Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson had used kettlebells, which look like cannonballs with a handle.

"It's the hardest workout I've ever had," said the 6-foot-3, 258-pound Smith. "You do it once a week for about 45 minutes and then you go crash. When you're done, you think your heart rate might never come down."

Smith used 50-pound kettlebells to do lunges and several other exercises. According to sources from Tsarist Russia, weightlifters in the early 18th century were called gireviks -- or "Kettlebell Men" if you prefer. Kettlebells take the place of barbells, dumbbells, medicine balls and other items not currently in my home.

Smith saw such immediate results that he introduced teammate Todd Herremans to the workout, and the two are now planning to provide a set for the Eagles' weight room at the NovaCare Complex.

Smith thinks the workouts will help stave off some of the nagging injuries he's had over the years. After he returned from sports hernia surgery last season, he suffered a groin injury. He sat out a couple of games, but he was anxious to return to the field

"I was hobbling around everywhere," he said. "But the coaches told me they needed anything I could give them, so I kept trying. At some point, it was obvious I was hurting my team."

Unlike other players around the league, Smith hasn't lashed out about receiving the franchise tag. He knows that his "wasted" season contributed to that decision and he's tried to put a positive spin on having a one-year deal.

"I took it on the chin like a champ," he said. "I'm a tight end coming off an injury. They held all the cards."

He thinks playing in the NFC East could work to his advantage when it comes to negotiating a new contract.

"If I can make it in this division, I can make a name for myself period," he said.

Smith knows how much the Eagles struggled in the red zone last season, and he thinks he'll be part of the solution. In fact, McNabb went on a local TV show in Philadelphia and talked about how the Eagles coaches needed to make Smith more of a priority in the offense. When I sat down with McNabb recently, he talked about wanting the Eagles to game-plan around Smith much like the Redskins and Cowboys do with Cooley and Witten.

"I know we're gonna be better than a lot of people think," Smith said. "And that starts in the red zone."

Smith has written down the following three goals for the season:

Stay healthy
Make the Pro Bowl ("Nobody's going to respect you until you do.")
Help my team win the Super Bowl.
Everyone from Andy Reid to offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg thinks that Smith could make a rousing comeback this season. And for the sake of the team, they need to be right.

Smith thinks of himself as an elite tight end, but the next step is convincing everyone else. The most important thing at this point is his health. In his first four seasons with the Eagles, Smith had 29 catches of 20 yards or more. Philadelphia needs a lot more of that -- especially at the rate the team is losing receivers.

LJ Smith needs to step up and it seems like he is taking the measures to do so, and it also seems as if he is going to play a crucial role in the offense this season.

eaglesalltheway
08-22-2008, 06:21 AM

We really don't know, teams may be posturing at this point.,

Good evaluation, there will be a slight dropoff, as we did lose our best WR, but nothing earthshattering, especially if our other WRs step up.

LJ and the RBs may see more time in passing situations and at different spots on the fireld, I agree.

This is Hunts best chance, agreed. I'm optimistic about him, and if he can show me tonight that he is improved as a blocker, I say make him the FB, because we all know what he brings to the table as a runner and receiver. I don't care if he is a mediocre blocker, none of the other FBs are Mack Strong out there, so we wouldn't lose to much in terms of blocking. But if Hunt can make up for it with his running and receiving abilities, combined with solid ST play, I say make him the FB. One thing I don't agree with though there is Curtis is out 6-8 weeks, which means he will only miss up to weeks 4-6. With the versatility of Booker, and if LJ can move out like yo said, combined with what Westy can do as a receiver, I think that GLew will be the last receiver to make it past cuts, unless the team decide to put him on Ir for the season, which looks unlikely right now.

Moats is as good as gone. The reason the Eagles put Hunt at FB is because they only plan on keeping 3 RBs, and Hunt was foruth on the depth chart. Moats was behind Hunt. Even if Hunt makes the team as a FB, Moats is going to have to outplay either Booker or Bucky to make the team, and with the way he has been performing, that is not going to happen. Moats will be looking for a job, I guarantee it. Gasperson will only make the team if Curtis is IRed and the team decides to keep 6 WRs. I think if Curtis would have his season ended, the team would only keep 5 WRs because after GLew, it is obvious there is a major dropoff of talent at the WR position. No WR after GLew is good enough to play in the NFL, point blank.

eaglesalltheway
08-22-2008, 06:28 AM
Not a bad move. I like Clayton a lot in this offense.

Well he is coming form a similar offense where he hasn't exactly been a star since his rookie year. I'm not sur ehow I would feel if he were to be picked up. He would certainly be better than Horn, who I do not want under any circumstances, but I guess it would be better than doing nothing. I do like the size he has, but he hasn't been too productive since his unwordly (haha) rookie year.

Sniper
08-22-2008, 08:08 AM
Well he is coming form a similar offense where he hasn't exactly been a star since his rookie year. I'm not sur ehow I would feel if he were to be picked up. He would certainly be better than Horn, who I do not want under any circumstances, but I guess it would be better than doing nothing. I do like the size he has, but he hasn't been too productive since his unwordly (haha) rookie year.

Maybe, but McNabb is a better QB than the cluster **** he's had in Tampa, There's been zero continuity at the QB position there. I think he'd do well here.

eaglesalltheway
08-22-2008, 10:58 AM
Maybe, but McNabb is a better QB than the cluster **** he's had in Tampa, There's been zero continuity at the QB position there. I think he'd do well here.

Very true, though you'd think Garcia would at least pull him out of the gutter a little bit last year...

Sniper
08-22-2008, 12:52 PM
Very true, though you'd think Garcia would at least pull him out of the gutter a little bit last year...

But a different QB all the time? That's hard unless you're Randy Moss (and trying ;) )

eaglesalltheway
08-23-2008, 09:05 AM
But a different QB all the time? That's hard unless you're Randy Moss (and trying ;) )
I'm not questioning that having a different QB every season (or week as it seemed two years ago) has a negative effect on a WR, but Garcia is a good enough QB that he would at least show promise for Clayton, and there wasn't any of that.

eaglesfan_45
08-23-2008, 02:27 PM
Eagles cut 3: Luke Lawton Franz Hardy and Cameron Stephenson

eaglesalltheway
08-23-2008, 04:42 PM
No surprises there, Lawton had a ong shot, and it was even longer when you figure in the fact that we would give up the seventh for him. Hardy had a gagle of WRs ahead of him and Stephenson was a fill-in basically for TC.

cunningham06
08-24-2008, 09:35 PM
Lawton didn't show nearly as much as I expected at FB. We have certainly tried more than our fair share at that position. Let's just hope Tony Hunt is the answer.

brat316
08-24-2008, 09:45 PM
I hope Gaspherson can make the roster and find some PT.

Hunt is going to get cut, i really don't think he can be a Fb, i just don't want to keep Booker, and Moats, i say cut Moats. We have a bunch of quick, speed backs. Buck has his days, somedays he is beast, others he sucks. Hopefully who ever our Fb is gets some touches, mostly on GL situations.

eaglesfan_45
08-25-2008, 11:31 PM
What do you guys think of this idea?

In the future trade Gocong to a 3-4 team where he can maximize success and get the Eagles a draft pick.

Then have the starting line-up look like this:
WLB: Omar Gaither
MLB: Joe Mays
SLB: Stewart Bradley

Joe Mays is looking like the real deal out there and is really reminding me of London Fletcher. He is looking really good out there and looks like he can make it in the NFL. Where as Gocong is a bit mediocre at SLB (granted he's still learning the posistion.).

also a point that was brought up in a blog which is iggles blog, said that Gaither is a bit of a tweener, to small for ILB and to slow for WLB. Don't know if I agree but, just food for thought. He really hasn't stood out this pre-season to me, though I'll hold my judgement until after the season. Jordan could replace him if that point rings true, Jordan is the real deal IMO.

The Eagles have some options at LB with Jordan, Mays and Studebaker all looking really good and Boiman looking solid as well.

camp_eagles
08-26-2008, 10:09 AM
Not that Im against Mays but remember hes going against 2s and 3s in the PRESEASON. I think he will be a decent football player in a few years Im not sure why alot of people are saying hes starting MIKE in 1-2 years.

Also I was just thinking What happened to the talk of us using a 3-4 package this year I haven't heard much about it in a long time.