PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Eagles Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

cunningham06
08-26-2008, 11:58 AM
Not that Im against Mays but remember hes going against 2s and 3s in the PRESEASON. I think he will be a decent football player in a few years Im not sure why alot of people are saying hes starting MIKE in 1-2 years.

Also I was just thinking What happened to the talk of us using a 3-4 package this year I haven't heard much about it in a long time.

I agree, I like Mays as a backup and maybe a situational run stuffer, but his pass coverage is pretty weak.

As for the 3-4 talk, one reason it may have died down is because Chris Clemons has done very little so far, and he was really a major factor for us to run a 3-4 defense.

brat316
08-26-2008, 01:56 PM
I agree, I like Mays as a backup and maybe a situational run stuffer, but his pass coverage is pretty weak.

As for the 3-4 talk, one reason it may have died down is because Chris Clemons has done very little so far, and he was really a major factor for us to run a 3-4 defense.

I don't think Clemons would have done good standing up. GoCong I think belongs to a 3-4 team, dropping back in coverage not so great at. I havn't seen him do much when he has to go after the qb, on edge blitz.

bsaza2358
08-26-2008, 01:57 PM
Clemons will get back and healthy, then we will see what we have. That will happen this year. I think the guy will be an impact player.

brat316
08-26-2008, 01:59 PM
Clemons will get back and healthy, then we will see what we have. That will happen this year. I think the guy will be an impact player.

I think he will make an impact but as a DE in the 4-3. How about Mcdougle though, he looks like he might make the roster. I guess he was just having bad luck all those past years.

bsaza2358
08-26-2008, 02:00 PM
McDougle hasn't been healthy since 2005. I guess a gunshot wound takes a few years to recover from...

Go_Eagles77
08-26-2008, 02:07 PM
It's a shame he could have possibly had a great career if he was able stay healthy.

cunningham06
08-26-2008, 02:18 PM
I like McDougle a lot, and he has been looking good, but everyone needs to remember that he is going up against backups, and in some cases 3rd stringers. He does look like he will make the roster, but for a 1st round pick he is a bit of a disappointment.

bsaza2358
08-26-2008, 03:24 PM
Bit of a disappointment? Even though he has been injured, the guy is a flat out bust. The injuries were not always his fault, but the Eagles got no value and traded up to get the guy. He hasn't performed, so he's a bust.

bigbluedefense
08-26-2008, 03:49 PM
Am I crazy for thinking the Eagles are better than the Cowboys?

lol, its probably dumb asking this question here, but you get my point.

Geo
08-26-2008, 03:52 PM
I could definitely see the Eagles not only winning the division, but also being the #1 seed in the NFC. Then again, I could see them continuing to lose close games because their offense doesn't put enough points on the board.

If Romo was the quarterback instead of McNabb, the Eagles could get back to the Super Bowl imo.

I've never been crazy about McNabb, if it's not obvious enough. To me, he's the biggest reason why a playoff team in the Eagles hasn't played in January the last few years ... except when McNabb went down and a competent QB with good accuracy replaced him in Garcia.

If McNabb doesn't get it done this year, it's time to start the Kevin Kolb era. And maybe try and get Anquan Boldin with that extra 1st round pick, to give the kid the best chance to succeed.

bigbluedefense
08-26-2008, 03:54 PM
I could definitely see the Eagles not only winning the division, but also being the #1 seed in the NFC. Then again, I could see them continuing to lose close games because their offense doesn't put enough points on the board.

If Romo was the quarterback instead of McNabb, I'd put the Eagles in the Super Bowl.

I think DeSean Jackson is the guy theyve been looking for. When Dante Stallworth was healthy, he was the explosive player they needed and their offense put up very good numbers.

Now with Jackson, they have that guy again. Their offense isn't as good as Dallas, but i like their defense more. And when push comes to shove, Im taking Andy Reid over Wade Phillips 10 out 10 times.

bigbluedefense
08-26-2008, 03:58 PM
I personally blame Andy Reid, not McNabb for their playoff woes. Andy Reid is the reason why the Eagles are always very good, but he's also the reason why they won't win a SB as long as he's their HC.

simply put: Reid's refusal to run the rock is the reason why they don't have a SB already.

bsaza2358
08-26-2008, 04:00 PM
Am I crazy for thinking the Eagles are better than the Cowboys?

lol, its probably dumb asking this question here, but you get my point.

I am not high on the Cowboys at all this season, as I posted in my Truths. I think the Eagles match up favorably against them in the division, and I'm not sure that the Cowboys can sweep the season against the Giants or the Skins.

It is no lock that the Eagles will win the East, but they certainly can.

bigbluedefense
08-26-2008, 04:04 PM
I am not high on the Cowboys at all this season, as I posted in my Truths. I think the Eagles match up favorably against them in the division, and I'm not sure that the Cowboys can sweep the season against the Giants or the Skins.

It is no lock that the Eagles will win the East, but they certainly can.

like i stated in the Cowboys team thread, my main issue with them is that they can still be had in the air on defense.

dline still doesn't impress me. and they lack explosion on offense (albeit theyll still have a sick offense).

Geo
08-26-2008, 04:05 PM
I personally blame Andy Reid, not McNabb for their playoff woes. Andy Reid is the reason why the Eagles are always very good, but he's also the reason why they won't win a SB as long as he's their HC.

simply put: Reid's refusal to run the rock is the reason why they don't have a SB already.
Westbrook rushed for over 100 yards in both 2006 playoff games, 20 carries for 141 yards at New York in the wild card game (maybe you purposefully wanted to forget), and then 13 carries for 116 yards at New Orleans in the divisional round. Westbrook has carried the offense for the last season and a half.

bsaza2358
08-26-2008, 04:07 PM
I think the Boys are a front-running team. If they start off strong against a decently tough first 4 games, they probably can't be caught. Likewise, if they jump out to a big lead, their D can be good enough. However, I see them having difficulty coming back on opponents.

bsaza2358
08-26-2008, 04:09 PM
It is no secret that Westbrook is the key to the Eagles offense. Reid realizes this, but he still lacks enough other consistent weapons to make the system work in the red zone, which is where the team has consistently struggled throughout his tenure. They need more TD's off their long drives.

bigbluedefense
08-26-2008, 04:10 PM
Westbrook rushed for over 100 yards in both 2006 playoff games, 20 carries for 141 yards at New York in the wild card game (maybe you purposefully wanted to forget), and then 13 carries for 116 yards at New Orleans in the divisional round. Westbrook has carried the offense for the last season and a half.

he only runs with Westbrook when McNabb is hurt. When he has a healthy McNabb, he still runs less than 40% of the time.

Not to mention, when he had Duce and that killer 46 defense led by Hugh Doughlass, his blatant refusal to run and pound teams into submission is the reason why they kept losing in the NFC championship game. In particular against the Bucs.

your stats prove my point for me. Westbrook and the run game shouldve been the focal point of the Eagles offense for quite some time now, even before Westbrook when they had Duce, but Reid's arrogance in his pass game wouldn't allow for it. He only learns his lesson when McNabb goes down.

bigbluedefense
08-26-2008, 04:11 PM
I think the Boys are a front-running team. If they start off strong against a decently tough first 4 games, they probably can't be caught. Likewise, if they jump out to a big lead, their D can be good enough. However, I see them having difficulty coming back on opponents.

Ironic you say that. I have the Giants SB DVD, and in one of the games vs the Cowboys, Eli Manning is leading the pregame huddle, and he specifically says "Let's get up on these guys early, they don't know how to play from behind"

I guess he's not the only one who noticed that.

Geo
08-26-2008, 04:14 PM
Why do you assume Reid didn't learn his lesson?

Westbrook had 240 carries and 77 receptions in 2006, he produced 1916 yards from scrimmage and 11 touchdowns. In 2007, 278 carries and 90 receptions, 2104 yfs and 12 touchdowns.

Staley was a good back in his prime, I liked him too, but Westbrook is a much better back now.

bigbluedefense
08-26-2008, 04:17 PM
Why do you assume Reid didn't learn his lesson?

Westbrook had 240 carries and 77 receptions in 2006, he produced 1916 yards from scrimmage and 11 touchdowns. In 2007, 278 carries and 90 receptions, 2104 yfs and 12 touchdowns.

Staley was a good back in his prime, I liked him too, but Westbrook is a much better back now.

The real question is: How often does Reid shove Westbrook down a defense's throat when McNabb is healthy and under center? Ask any Eagles fan, theyll tell you not as much as he should.

No doubt Westbrook is better, Im just talking about Reid's tenior as a whole. He's a great HC, but his one weakness is his refusal to run more than he does.

Geo
08-26-2008, 04:22 PM
I did check your stat though, and you're right BBD:

Only 36% of the Eagles' offensive plays last year were runs, which ranks 29th in the league.

It should be noted that the Eagles run a lot more RB screens than most other teams, in fact they are tied with the Redskins for most in the league with 40 (Westbrook 33).

Is it just me, or is the RB screen pass a staple in every NFC East offense?

bigbluedefense
08-26-2008, 04:27 PM
I did check your stat though, and you're right BBD:

Only 36% of the Eagles' offensive plays last year were runs, which ranks 29th in the league.

It should be noted that the Eagles run a lot more RB screens than most other teams, in fact they are tied with the Redskins for most in the league with 40 (Westbrook 33).

Is it just me, or is the RB screen pass a staple in every NFC East offense?

noooo, we (the Giants) are probably the worst screen pass team in the league. im actually quite disappointed in that, we need to improve on that.

i love the screen pass. Its not a run though, contrary to what some believe. A run play takes a lot more energy away from the dline and the LBs than a screen pass. Thats why a short pass is not equivalent to a run, even though the yardage might indicate that it is.

bsaza2358
08-26-2008, 04:28 PM
The Eagles use the screen as a "run". Reid says that any RB screen counts as a run play on his "balance" chart. I don't have stats, but the Eagles usually have success on their screens, especially with Westbrook.

bsaza2358
08-26-2008, 04:30 PM
I agree that the run game is a more effective way to grind than the short pass. However, Reid's philosophy values both equally.

Geo
08-26-2008, 04:31 PM
Also interesting is that, in terms of percentage of passing plays when ahead in the second half, the Eagles were first last year with 59%. Giving further credence to BBD's point.

Although I would add that I'd like to pound the ball with Buckhalter more than Westbrook in those type of situations, to preserve Westbrook some.

bsaza2358
08-26-2008, 04:32 PM
The team already said that it would be lessening Westbrook's touches this year using Buck and Booker. Booker can approximate much of what Westbrook does, and we all agree that Buck can pound the ball well between the tackles. Buck's being 2 years removed from his third major knee surgery helps.

Geo
08-26-2008, 04:41 PM
noooo, we (the Giants) are probably the worst screen pass team in the league. im actually quite disappointed in that, we need to improve on that.
Jacobs would probably just drop a good amount of them anyways, his hands aren't that great. Bradshaw coming in might tip off the opposing defense.

(btw, the Giants offense was most effective - by a large margin - on three wide receiver sets. Good thing they drafted Steve Smith, now hope Manningham can step in when Toomer steps out.)

Much thanks to Pro Football Prospects 2008 for all this btw.

bigbluedefense
08-26-2008, 04:50 PM
Jacobs would probably just drop a good amount of them anyways, his hands aren't that great. Bradshaw coming in might tip off the opposing defense.

(btw, the Giants offense was most effective - by a large margin - on three wide receiver sets. Good thing they drafted Steve Smith, now hope Manningham can step in when Toomer steps out.)

Much thanks to Pro Football Prospects 2008 for all this btw.

The Giants offense is based on a 3 WR set. The TE is really just a blocker in our scheme, thats why Shockey never put up the numbers he wanted. Thats also why Eli struggled prior to Steve Smith emerging as our #3 WR. For an offense built on a 3 WR set, we only had 2 WRs worth caring for, and one of them (Burress) not being the best route runner in the world.

Once we got a credible slot WR in there Eli finally "turned the corner" (i hate that term, bc its far from the truth).

I actually like what im seeing from Hixon, and think that he can be Toomer's replacement. Eli and him have chemistry too.

but anyway, this is the Eagles discussion, lets not sidetrack.

Many don't know Stewart Bradley's name outside of the Philly faithful, but Im tellin ya, this guy could be a pro bowler this year. Bradley is a beast.

Sniper
08-26-2008, 09:19 PM
Yeah BBD Bradley looks good. He's a perfect MLB in our scheme, akin to Jeremiah Trotter. Plays great downhill. Gaither has progressed well in his first two years and if he and Bradley can be as good as advertised, the Eagles could have a nice set of LBs if Gocong can also progress. I still think Gocong is a better 3-4 OLB.

eaglesfan_45
08-26-2008, 09:51 PM
back to the Westbrook thing, Westy gets his touches. Last year he had 278 carries and 90 receptions and If memory serves me right, I think Westbrook missed 1 game completely and at least half of another. He had the ball 368 times last season, LT had the ball 375 times so there is not that big of a difference. Westbrook would have most likely surpassed that number had he played all 16 games. I like Westy the way he is, 15-20 carries a game and 3-7 receptions a game. Westy isn't very durable so, I like the fact that Andy keeps his workload down. I think a misconception about the Eagles is that the Eagles pass way too much. Literally that is true, but alot of the passing is used as the running game with short/screen patterns and forcing WRs to get YAC.

eaglesalltheway
08-29-2008, 04:59 PM
Many don't know Stewart Bradley's name outside of the Philly faithful, but Im tellin ya, this guy could be a pro bowler this year. Bradley is a beast.

I'm not sure if he is a Pro-Bowler this year, and I am one of Bradley biggest backers. I've been on this kid like you wouldn't beleive since we drafted him. I think he can play like a Pro-Bowl MIKE this year, but in most cases, you need some sort of cred built up before fans really begin to care about voting you in. There are the rare cases like we have had recently with Merriman, Tatupu, Texans MIKE (freakin names), and Patrick Willis that are Pro-Bowl LBs their first year in the league, but that really doesn't happen a lot. (Bradley would basically be a rookie, first year starting out as a starter.) I definitely think he has the potential to be great. I do like What Gerris Wilkinson does for the Giants though, I liked him when he entered the league, though, ignoring homerism, I like Bradley more.

eaglesalltheway
08-29-2008, 07:54 PM
My final 53 man roster predicition:

Offense:

QB: McNabb, Kolb, Feeley
RB: Westy, Bucky, Booker
FB: Davis
WR: Curtis, Brown, Jackson, Avant, Baskett
TE: Smith, Celek, Schoebel
LT: Thomas, Dunlap
LG: Herremans, Young
C: Jackson, Cole
RG: Andrews, MJG
RT: Runyan, Justice

Total: 25

Defense:

LDE: Abiamiri, Parker, Clemons
RDE: Cole, Howard, McDougle
DT: Bunkley, Patterson, Laws, Klecko
WLB: Gaither, Jordan
MLB: Bradley, Mays
SLB: Gocong, Boiman
CB: Samuel, Brown, Sheppard, Hanson
FS: Dawkins, Reed, Demps
SS: Mikell, Considine

Special Teams:
K: Akers
P: Rocca
LS: Dorenbos

Total: 53
Young guys IRed or put on the practice squad:
RB/FB Tony Hunt
OL: Mike McGlynn
RDE: Bryan Smith
SLB: Andy Studebaker
S: Marcus Paschal (eligibility: ?)
CB: Nick Graham (eligibilty: ?)
There are others, those are just some of the fringe guys that I thought I'd bring up.

Some things I could see going the other way:

Greg Lewis may make the team as a 6th WR, but that would put one of the Free Safeties out, IMO. Most likely Reed. Either that or Reed is moved to SS and Considine is cut. Reed is versatile enough to play either S, IMO.

McGlynn getting the spot over Scott Young

Studebaker getting the backup SLB over Boiman

Bryan Smith making the roster and putting either McDougle or Howard out of a job.

Abiamiri beign put on IR from his wrist and Smith making it as a RDE, putting Howard or McDougle at LDE.

Tony Hunt winning the FB position.

Wilson wins the third TE position.

Graham makes the team as the 5th CB, putting in a similar situation if GLew makes the team. Either Reed or Considine would go.

Sniper
08-29-2008, 08:30 PM
Texans MIKE (freakin names),

DeMeco Ryans.

eaglesalltheway
08-29-2008, 08:45 PM
Thank you, I had it when I was writing it, but lost it, and figured there was little point in trying to get it back. Perhaps I have some unknown concussion that caused damage to my brain that I never knew about, or there is just domehting worng in my head, but names can be killers for me sometimes, and it makes it seem like I don't know what I'm talking about, which really ticks me off. I rmemeber everything else very well, especially numnbers. Who knows, maybe I'm just dumb, haha.

Holy crap, maybe I'm dyslexic too. That paragraph is pretty butchered.

eaglesalltheway
08-29-2008, 09:06 PM
Well 8 have been released, and all of the guys I have on the roster are still there. So far so good.

camp_eagles
08-30-2008, 12:18 AM
I think Wilson makes the team because of his value to special teams.

eaglesalltheway
08-31-2008, 09:51 AM
He was cut, I beleive.

eaglesalltheway
08-31-2008, 10:05 AM
My final 53 man roster predicition:

Offense:

QB: McNabb, Kolb, Feeley
RB: Westy, Bucky, Booker
FB: Davis
WR: Curtis, Brown, Jackson, Avant, Baskett
TE: Smith, Celek, Schoebel
LT: Thomas, Dunlap
LG: Herremans, Young
C: Jackson, Cole
RG: Andrews, MJG
RT: Runyan, Justice

Defense:

LDE: Abiamiri, Parker, Clemons
RDE: Cole, Howard, McDougle
DT: Bunkley, Patterson, Laws, Klecko
WLB: Gaither, Jordan
MLB: Bradley, Mays
SLB: Gocong, Boiman
CB: Samuel, Brown, Sheppard, Hanson
FS: Dawkins, Reed, Demps
SS: Mikell, Considine

Special Teams:
K: Akers
P: Rocca
LS: Dorenbos

Total: 53
Young guys IRed or put on the practice squad:
RB/FB Tony Hunt
OL: Mike McGlynn
RDE: Bryan Smith
SLB: Andy Studebaker
S: Marcus Paschal (eligibility: ?)
CB: Nick Graham (eligibilty: ?)
There are others, those are just some of the fringe guys that I thought I'd bring up.

Some things I could see going the other way:

Greg Lewis may make the team as a 6th WR, but that would put one of the Free Safeties out, IMO. Most likely Reed. Either that or Reed is moved to SS and Considine is cut. Reed is versatile enough to play either S, IMO.

McGlynn getting the spot over Scott Young

Studebaker getting the backup SLB over Boiman

Bryan Smith making the roster and putting either McDougle or Howard out of a job.

Abiamiri beign put on IR from his wrist and Smith making it as a RDE, putting Howard or McDougle at LDE.

Tony Hunt winning the FB position.

Wilson wins the third TE position.

Graham makes the team as the 5th CB, putting in a similar situation if GLew makes the team. Either Reed or Considine would go.

I guess I was pretty close, but there wasn't much to screw up

The only changes:

Hunt is the FB

GLew is on the team, taking the tackle (Dunlap) out

Dunlap was IRed

McGlynn wasn't IRed and beat out Scott Young

Smith beat out McDougle.

Guys I expect on the practice squad:

FB Jed Collins

One or two of the WRs, maybe McBride will be in there

DT Mike Marquart

SLB Andy Studebaker

One of the CBs, Either Arrington or Fontenot. Maybe both.

That leaves two spots left, maybe the LB Roland will be there too.

eaglesalltheway
09-02-2008, 06:32 AM
I'm a little surprised no one posted in here since saturday.
Well McDougle is with the Giants, I hope that doesn't come back to bite us. I don't expect him to bloom into a superstar, but I just hope he succeeds, just not against us, haha.

eaglesalltheway
09-02-2008, 06:36 AM
Guys I expect on the practice squad:

FB Jed Collins

One or two of the WRs, maybe McBride will be in there

DT Mike Marquart

SLB Andy Studebaker

One of the CBs, Either Arrington or Fontenot. Maybe both.

That leaves two spots left, maybe the LB Roland will be there too.

Collins is on

McBride is on

Willie Reid is the other WR.

Marquart is on

Studebaker is on

Arrington is on

A tackle was added from somewhere else (Forget name, AGAIN)

I forget who the other member of the PS is, I'll check it.

eaglesalltheway
09-02-2008, 06:37 AM
I saw on Comcast the Eagles signed Tank Daniels, the LB we had a few years back who was with the Giants. I'm not sure if he is on the PS or is taking over one of the bvackup roles, will check that too.

eaglesalltheway
09-02-2008, 06:45 AM
Trae Williams, CB is the last guy on the PS, and Chris Patrick is the tackle. Tanks Daniels took Boiman's roster spot, one thing I am very happy about, I was nbot a big fan of his.

Go_Eagles77
09-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Agreed, Daniels is a much better STer and even looked great on D his rookie year, I'm happy about that move.

eaglesalltheway
09-02-2008, 02:20 PM
Plus he is younger, hopefully we can keep him around longer too, unless Studey continues to develop and takes over for him.

D-Unit
09-02-2008, 02:27 PM
What are your guys thoughts on your LB corps?

bigbluedefense
09-02-2008, 02:29 PM

best in the East imo.

i have concerns about Dallas's ILBs I think they can be had. But Philly is lights out across the board.

brat316
09-02-2008, 02:32 PM
best in the East imo.

i have concerns about Dallas's ILBs I think they can be had. But Philly is lights out across the board.

Really, my only concern is Gocong, i just don't like him as olb for the 4-3. I don't think he would do much as a 4-3 end, so I guess olb is the way for him, just we could get someone better.

Other than that I like all the other Lbs even the backups are beast.

bigbluedefense
09-02-2008, 02:38 PM
Really, my only concern is Gocong, i just don't like him as olb for the 4-3. I don't think he would do much as a 4-3 end, so I guess olb is the way for him, just we could get someone better.

Other than that I like all the other Lbs even the backups are beast.

in that scheme, the sam is just a run stopper or a pass rusher anyway. he does it well.

I think Gaither is a very good WILL, and Bradley is a PB caliber MIKE. Its hard to compare them to the Cowboys bc the scheme is totally different, but pound for pound I like Philly's backers better.

In fact, I think pound for pound Philly has a better defense period. Philly scares me this year. I think Philly could have the best team in the East.

Go_Eagles77
09-02-2008, 02:52 PM

Hard to say. On one hand they could be the best in the East like BBD said, and on the other hand they could be a pretty big disappointment if they don't live up to their potential.

Stewart Bradley could either be a future pro bowler or a borderline starter/backup. He has great size but isn't fast by any means. His first start last year he had a sack, an int, and like 8 tackles, hopefully he continues that trend going into this season.

With Omar Gaither you know you have a solid starter but nothing is outstanding about him. He isn't overly athletic or big but is around the ball a lot and led the team in tackles last year.

Chris Gocong could be the best blitzer of the bunch and could even line up at DE if needed. Not the best in coverage but has great size obviously as a former DE and has been a pleasant surprise in run defense.

At backup we'll start with Akeem Jordan, he has good size and athleticism and Jim Johnson has said if something happens to Gaither he wouldn't have a problem at all putting Jordan in at WILL, and he doesn't say that about a lot of players.

Rookie Joe Mays is the backup MLB and looks like a beast, draws comparisons to London Fletcher at 5'11 but runs down hill very well and is a tackling machine and even lead the league in tackles in preseason with 30 I believe. Could use a lot of work in pass coverage.

Tank Daniels at backup SAM as previously mentioned is a very solid backup and was even competing for starter at SAM against Gocong early last year but didn't win the battle, Bradley being a SAM at the time we didn't have enough spots so he didn't make the cut which is why he ended up with the giants.

All in all LB could end up being a strength of the team which is a far cry from the days of Keith Adams and Nate Wayne, albeit Jeremiah Trotter was a beast back then.

D-Unit
09-02-2008, 03:21 PM
in that scheme, the sam is just a run stopper or a pass rusher anyway. he does it well.

I think Gaither is a very good WILL, and Bradley is a PB caliber MIKE. Its hard to compare them to the Cowboys bc the scheme is totally different, but pound for pound I like Philly's backers better.

In fact, I think pound for pound Philly has a better defense period. Philly scares me this year. I think Philly could have the best team in the East.
Not surprising, I was just watching ESPN this morning and a bunch of the analysts there were talking about Philly as the team that will surprise people. And so long as McNabb and Westbrook are healthy, I think they will.

Reason I asked about the LB corps is because I really don't have a good clue about how they have developed since being drafted. I'm familiar with the names as draft prospects, but haven't watched them enough to know if they've surpassed their draft values. I know Gocong was a sleeper that Philly took a little to early to now call him a sleeper and I liked Bradley as one of those gritty hard working types with limited upside, but didn't know how far he's come. I think Gaither improved a lot last season and I think he'll get even better this season if he can get to the QB and cause more turnovers. I know nothing of the backups though.

While I disagree with BBD that they are a better group than the Cowboys LBs as a whole, I do agree with him that it's not really a fair comparison considering the difference in schemes.

As for Philly's D being better than Dallas' D, there is a strong case there, but I usually tend to think Dallas gets overly criticized because of Roy Williams. I don't really care to debate the issue since the season is about to reveal it to us soon enough.

eaglesalltheway
09-03-2008, 07:12 AM
Well I did have a nice, eloquent, intelligent, informative post written about our LBs, but my ******* computer at work shut down, for no ******* reason right as I clicked the post reply. It took me 40 minutes to write. I am SOOOOO pissed. I'll re-write it later, I'm too angry right now. I swear once this thing gets thrown out, I'm gonna go Office Space on this thing like they did the fax machine, or whatever the hell it was.

eaglesalltheway
09-03-2008, 07:23 AM
ON a side note where is EF 45, another suspension?

eaglesalltheway
09-03-2008, 07:24 AM
Wow, just checked the members list and he wasn't on there. Did he get banned?

D-Unit
09-03-2008, 06:18 PM
Well I did have a nice, eloquent, intelligent, informative post written about our LBs, but my ******* computer at work shut down, for no ******* reason right as I clicked the post reply. It took me 40 minutes to write. I am SOOOOO pissed. I'll re-write it later, I'm too angry right now. I swear once this thing gets thrown out, I'm gonna go Office Space on this thing like they did the fax machine, or whatever the hell it was.
HAHA. Oh not laughing at your post... it's happened to me many a time, so I know what you mean. I was laughing at that Office Space relation. I always wanted to do that.

As for EF45, he's gone.

Sniper
09-03-2008, 06:26 PM
HAHA. Oh not laughing at your post... it's happened to me many a time, so I know what you mean. I was laughing at that Office Space relation. I always wanted to do that.

As for EF45, he's gone.

Dammit EF45 was my darkhorse to win the full neg rep race.

eaglesalltheway
09-04-2008, 06:13 AM
YEEEEESSSSSS!!!. That kid pissed me off to no end. What did he do, or was it just a compilation of his crap?

eaglesalltheway
09-04-2008, 06:16 AM

Well, I will be doing it, and I'm sure the feeling afterward will be nothing but complete fulfillment. :D

eaglesalltheway
09-04-2008, 06:19 AM
Sorry for not getting the Britt/Greene evaluations up last night. My day wasn't exactly the best, and was a little hectic, and when I got home in the evening, I just felt like relaxing, and that is what I did. I'll try to get them up tonight.

I was watching my aunts pets for her since Saturday (Which is why I couldn't get them up right away) and got home last evening and had laundry and all other types of stupid little things like that, combine that with food shopping and cleaning up weeds and taking them to our recycling center, I just felt like relaxing when I got home. It didn't help that work sucked balls yesterday as well.

eaglesalltheway
09-04-2008, 06:29 AM
OK, explanation on LBs, take 2...

Starting WILL. Omar Gaither has developed into a solid NFL LB over his first two plus years in the league. Doesn't have blistering speed or athletecism, but he just gets the job done. Is very instinctuial and always near the ball. Is a good tackler, but could still improve. Has developed into a defensive leader, no small feat considering the leadership of Dawkins on this defense. Is capable of playing either MIKE or WILL, but WILL is his best fit in the NFL IMO. Despite hsi lack of great speed, he is great in coverage, and is contantly breaking up plays. Doesn't cover like a CB by any stretch fo the imagination, but covers very well for a LB. Doesn't have overly great hands, and as a result, will not come up with many interceptions, but has lots of passes defended. Very good in the run game as well, can make plays inside or outside. A definite steal when you consider he was a fifth round pick from Tennessee. Gaither is pretty much a what you see is what you get type of guy. With continued progeression, he has a strong chance of being a Pro-Bowl LB in a year or two.

Starting MIKE. Stewart Bradley is a very promising young LB, who can play at either MIKE or SAM. Unlike Gaither, Bradley has great size at the LB position. In his little action, all he does is make plays. Though many draft pundits said he wasn't fast enough, or overly athletic, he is a very balanced MLB. He has very long arms and big hands, which, combined with his better than expected athletecism, make him a very good coverage MIKE. He is also a very strong, instinctual LB, and is very good in the running game, whether it be clogging holes, taking on blockers, or shooting gaps and making plays, he can do it. Like Gaither, I noticed (last season and while I was at TC) Bradley has always seemed near the action. I have high expectations for this guy, and if he performs like I think he will, we will have a perennial Pro-Bowler on our hands with this guy.

Starting SAM. Chris Gocong has progresses each year since he was drafted three years ago in the third round. Gocong also has great size and strength. A former DE at Cal Poly Tech, Gocong, like all of our Starting LBs, are very smart and very instinctual. Could imporve a bit on his tackling. Takes on blockers well and is also able to shoot gaps. Is a defintie threat in blitszes. He's nowhere near a Shawn Merriman type OLB, but with his continued progression, he could certainly make a big difference in getting pressure on the QB. His best game last season was against the Patriots, where like most of the season, he seemed half a step away from a bunch of sacks. Is still improving on his coverage skills, and does need improvement there, especially considering the TEs and some of the RBs he has to cover in his division. He will break up a few passes, but isn't a threat to return one, and gets very few (if any) INTs. He is the weakies of our starting LBs in coverage, so he will either come out of the game in Nickle packages or play some DE (rarely). As long as he steadily improves, he will develop into a solid NFL LB.

Overall, the starting LBs. This is a young, talented group with tons of potential. The most experienced LB is Omar Gaither, and he is entering his third season in the NFL. Gocong is also in his third year, but didn't play as a rookie (w3as on IR). As the season progresses, at least one, if not two of these guys will show they are great NFL LB. These positions will go from being looked at as a question mark, to a great strength by the end of the season.

Backup WILL. Ahkeem Jordan is a talented LB who also has tons of potential. In his limited playing time, like Bradley, he just made plays. Has decent size and is good in coverage. Like it was said before, if Gaither would go down, the defense would not suffer a huge loss with Jordan filling in for him. Is a very good special teams player, and has tns of value in return coverage.

Backup MIKE. Joe Mays is a sixth round rookie has has made a huge impression this year, and looks like he could be a great steal. Is a solid tackler, and a big hitter as well, he definitely has earned his nickname, "headbuster". Very strong in run support, and as said by many, a downhill LB. Reminds me a bit of a faster Jeremiah Trotter. His wekaness is in coverage, and though he has made soem plays, could defintiely improve in this aspect of his game. He will oly improve here with expereince and proper tutelege. Could fill in at MIKE this year if Bradley went down, and the defense would lose a bit, but not much at all. Aslo, if Gocong woudl get injured, I think there is a possibilitiy that Braldey would move to SAM and Mays would take over at MIKE.

Backup SAM. Tank Daniels, who was originally picked up by the eagles as a UDFA, was released last year and signed by the Giants. But is back this year and is familiar with the system. Definitely a better option than Rocky Boiman who he replaced. Since he is rleatively new, I haven't had the opportunity to see him too much, but he was challenging for the Starting SLB position last year. He is very good in Specail teams coverage, where he will also have added value.

Backups overall. This is also a young group with tons of talent and potential in Jordan and Mays. There is tons of Special teams production here with Jordan and Daniels.

...This isn't nearly as good as the one I had yesterday, but I did want to get it up.

eaglesalltheway
09-04-2008, 07:31 PM
Well the skins are pretty much sucking it up. The Giants are playing well, especailly the defense. Lets hop ethe Skins can gain some momentum off of that TD.

eaglesalltheway
09-05-2008, 01:36 PM
Did anybody else get an almost empty feeling watching the pregame celebration last night for the Giants? I did. I couldn't hlep but invision this time next year Dawk doing the same thing, and i've got to be honest, it put a lump in my throat. I just can't wait until the day when the Eagles finally win their championship.

eaglesalltheway
09-06-2008, 08:30 AM
Wow, activity here has been dead recnetly. Come on guys lets pick it up.

eaglesalltheway
09-06-2008, 09:28 AM
Almost forgot, my aunt met Bill Bergey yesterday. She works at a hospital, and one of the patients there had a dying wish, and it was to meet Bill Bergey. she just happened to be in his room when Bergey got there, so she met him and was speaking with him for a little bit. She said she got some autographs. She told me, she saw him, and the first thing that popped into her head was, "He's huge!!!" Yes three exclamation points, she even stated each one, haha.

Sniper
09-06-2008, 02:28 PM
AHHHHHHHHH BRIAN WESTBROOK IS AWESOME!

Just because..

eaglesalltheway
09-07-2008, 08:46 AM
Pitiful attempt sniper, pitiful attempt. ;)

Sniper
09-07-2008, 09:08 AM
Pitiful attempt sniper, pitiful attempt. ;)

Well, it's gameday now. Predictions?

Philadelphia 27
St. Louis 7

Westbroook with 18 carries, 123 yards, 1 TD and 6 receptions, 55 yards and a TD. DeSean Jackson catches a slant for a TD, and our punt return average will be above 7 yards per return! I'm also feeling a pick from the Dawk man and one from Litizzle.

eaglesalltheway
09-07-2008, 09:30 AM
I say it is 28- 13 Philly. DeSean catches a TD to go with his 7 catch, 83 yard performance. Westy has 17 rushes for 98 yards (he seems to have a lot of games where he is just shy of 100 yards rushing) and TD. He also has 7 catches for 61 yards and TD. Either LJ or Baksett/Lewis will get the other TD, and Akers will miss a FG, which will have a ton of Eagles fans clamoring for a new Kicker.

Cole will get a sack and one of our DTs will get one as well. Gocong will get a sack and a few hurries. (There will be more sacks, just don't know who) Bradley will have a great game, and show up everywhere. One of our CBs will get a pick (I'll say Lito) but Lito will also get burnt, as he is trying to do to much to win back a starting spot. Q will have a crushing hit. and Rocca will boom a 55+ yards punt.

Well lots of predictions there. At least one of them will be right, or very close to it, haha.

eaglesalltheway
09-07-2008, 09:35 AM
I moved our predicitons over to the gameday thread. that is actually where they should go. We should discuss them there.

camp_eagles
09-08-2008, 10:12 AM
I Hope Reggie is back for the boys' game because the Rams have one of the worst secondaries I've seen in a long time. And the boys' did a good job of containing Cleveland's receivers even though Braylon dropped a TD and 5 other passes. I like our chances as long as we can pressure Romo he had all day to throw.

bsaza2358
09-08-2008, 10:32 AM
Flat out dominating performance. McNabb for the most part had time to throw, and the receivers found spots in the zone and got good matchups. I think LJ is all the way back, and the Eagles ran the ball excellently and with authority. I'd like to see more pounding with Buck and Hunt, and more snaps for Booker, but I'm sure that will come about soon enough. Not a lot to complain about on the day.

eaglesalltheway
09-08-2008, 12:17 PM
I Hope Reggie is back for the boys' game because the Rams have one of the worst secondaries I've seen in a long time. And the boys' did a good job of containing Cleveland's receivers even though Braylon dropped a TD and 5 other passes. I like our chances as long as we can pressure Romo he had all day to throw.

I want him back too, but only if he is 100%. Otherwise, he won't help the offense. IF he's 100% yes, but until he is 100% I would prefer that if he is in games, it is in a limited role. I like our chances as well. We will be able to get much more pressre than the Browns did, and our secondary is better to boot. Even if he does have time, his receivers will have less opportunities to be open. And Dallas does have good CBs, but Hamlin, playign FS, is a natural SS, and we all know how Roy Williams is in coverage. Don't get me wrong, there are things on the Eagles that the boys can exploit, but overall I think our defense is a little better, which will help in our matchup with them. I expect a close game, as most NFC East battles are.

eaglesalltheway
09-08-2008, 12:20 PM
Flat out dominating performance. McNabb for the most part had time to throw, and the receivers found spots in the zone and got good matchups. I think LJ is all the way back, and the Eagles ran the ball excellently and with authority. I'd like to see more pounding with Buck and Hunt, and more snaps for Booker, but I'm sure that will come about soon enough. Not a lot to complain about on the day.

I wouldn't say they did an excellent job running, they got what they had to, and that is about it. But you don't need to do excellent when your passing that well. LJ does look back, and that is a very underrated aspect of the offense that will help us. I agree about your comments on our "other" RBs.

brat316
09-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Yeah LJ looks back to his old self not always a good thing.

bsaza2358
09-08-2008, 12:24 PM
LJ is playing tough and playing well thusfar. Him + Celek can really stretch the middle of a defense. I also think that a lot of the rushing success was predicated on TE blocking.

eaglesalltheway
09-08-2008, 12:31 PM
Yeah LJ has consistently improved his run blocking for the past three years (didn't really get to show it last year) but that is one thing that we lost when he was injured, because, beleive it or not, he was our best run blocking TE. Both Celek and Schobel are imroving, so this will only help the run game.

eaglesalltheway
09-08-2008, 12:31 PM
Yeah LJ looks back to his old self not always a good thing.

He is still the best TE we've got.

brat316
09-08-2008, 12:32 PM
He is still the best TE we've got.

and thats why we Franchise tagged him. I don't think he gets a new deal.

eaglesalltheway
09-08-2008, 12:37 PM
If he can play on a consistent basis at a relatively high level, the Eagles will certainly make an attempt to sign him, I beleive. whether he would accept or not is another story.

bsaza2358
09-08-2008, 02:06 PM
The number of quality TE's available has grown in the NFL, making the market for FA TE's less. LJ is a good option, but he is still an average blocker, which makes him less desirable across many teams. No lock that he would be sought after hardcore (like an Asante Samuel), but he could be a target of a team like Arizona.

eaglesalltheway
09-08-2008, 04:52 PM
No way AZ goes after him, they have two very good, very young TEs in Leonard Pope and Ben Patrick. Pope is an above average NFL TE, and Patrick is challenging for that job, in part due to his good run blocking. He is also a very good receiving TE as well. I remeber when he was coming out, I figured he could be the best TE in that class, (the one where the Bears took the TE form Miami [names again]) but he ended up dropping way lower than expected for some reason, i think it was an injury concern, and AZ got him in the 6th I believe. I know the nephew of Ben Patrick's old coach at Delaware, KC Keeler, and had a lot of inside info on the guy, and I knew that he would be successful in the NFL. I do agree with your assessment that TEs aren't valued as high though.

DragonFireKai
09-08-2008, 06:55 PM
Yeah LJ has consistently improved his run blocking for the past three years (didn't really get to show it last year) but that is one thing that we lost when he was injured, because, beleive it or not, he was our best run blocking TE. Both Celek and Schobel are imroving, so this will only help the run game.

No, the most important thing we lost with LJ going down was a red zone safety valve for McNabb. Our red zone offense was completely useless once he went down.

eaglesalltheway
09-09-2008, 06:23 AM
No, the most important thing we lost with LJ going down was a red zone safety valve for McNabb. Our red zone offense was completely useless once he went down.

I didn't say his run blocking was most important, I just said his run blocking was one thing we lost when he was injured last year. Our red zone offense was the most important thing we lsost, I agree wiht you there, as does pretty much everyone else. But even though he isn't a great run blocker, he is the best of our TEs, and losing his blocking did have a minor effect. I remember you said you play/ed TE, and you have to agree that his run blocking, though he isn't exactly Jason Witten in temrs of blocking, is the best of our TEs. And as a result of that, the run game had to either be altered to cover up that weakness, or was less effective in runs toward the TE or ones where the TE had certain blocking responsibilities.

eaglesalltheway
09-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Damn people, lets get some activity here. Tons to talk about. We are playing Dallas this week and no one is pumped about that? I know you people have lives but they can't be that good. Can they? Can they? ;).

Sniper
09-10-2008, 07:10 PM
Damn people, lets get some activity here. Tons to talk about. We are playing Dallas this week and no one is pumped about that? I know you people have lives but they can't be that good. Can they? Can they? ;).

I don't think they are. I think the Eagles match up very well against the Cowboys, especially with the addition of Asante Samuel and a healthy Brian Dawkins. I'm sure Lito will get his regular Cowboys INT as well.

Go_Eagles77
09-10-2008, 07:23 PM
Dude I can't freakin wait til Monday, I get chills whenever I think about it.

eaglesalltheway
09-11-2008, 06:27 AM
I don't think they are. I think the Eagles match up very well against the Cowboys, especially with the addition of Asante Samuel and a healthy Brian Dawkins. I'm sure Lito will get his regular Cowboys INT as well.

I agree. In some of our Nickel packages we truly have the best matchups Dallas will face all year. Lito is on TO, JJ said he will se a lot of time lined up on him, and Asante, in some situations, will be on Crayton, while Sheldon will be on Witten. Granted we will not be in man situations like this much, but with our zone coverage our defnese will have a lot of responsibilities like this. Dawk will also have opportunites on Witten and Barber. Our D-line is one of the few that could pressure Romo on a consisitent basis.

Plus Dallas' best CB (Newman) is hurt and for some reaon or another, Henry has a history of playing horribly against the Eagles. Pacman is an average CB right now (because of missing the last year +) until he gets the ball in his hands, and then he is dangerous. Plus Roy Williams will do his usual "oops" coverage, and Hamlin, though he is very good, is a SS playing FS, because of the dangers of having Roy in coverage. Our receivers could have good days potentially, as long as Donovan gets time. The lines will, as always, be crucial. If Donovan has time, he can exploit the secondary, and with the O-line we have, we have a great shot at keeping them at bay. Westy could potentially have a big day as well, as he will have the most opportunities with the ball I think. The old addage "get the ball in the hands of your best players" will hold true here, and there is no doubt he is our best weapon. We may see increeased roles from Booker as well, especially with Curtis and Brown being out. I think his role last week was restricted because they didn't want to show Dallas much, if anything.

I expect this to be a very close game. It could be an NFC East shootout, meaning a score that doesn't necessarily lead you to beleive it was a shootout, say 27-24. It could also be a defnesive battle with both defenses outperforming the offenses and a score like 16-13. The way this game will be played will be shown early.

camp_eagles
09-11-2008, 08:24 AM
Im hoping to see more Clemons/ Smith on the field to keep the the rush consistent. Plus if we are in the nickel so much why not throw Gocong in there at end as well.

eaglesalltheway
09-11-2008, 10:51 AM
We may see some of that, but Smith may not be on the active roster.

bsaza2358
09-11-2008, 01:22 PM
Doesn't putting Clemons and Smith on the line simultaneously put the Eagles at risk in the running game, particularly against the large Cowboys OLine? We have to be very careful with our personnel matchups.

camp_eagles
09-11-2008, 02:35 PM
I never said they had to be on the field at the same time. Also im assuming that they would mostly be in for passing situations. But your right about the size mismatch it would be nice to have Victor for this game.

bsaza2358
09-11-2008, 02:41 PM
I was just saying that I'm not sure that they can hold up in run protection. Abiamiri would be a welcome addition as a run anchor, but he's not available. Oh well...

eaglesalltheway
09-12-2008, 06:16 AM
Yeah, I can't wait until he gets back and is a big contributor for the defense.

eaglesalltheway
09-15-2008, 06:15 AM
Well its gameday guys. Eagles/Cowboys, my favorite rivalry. Anyone else think this is going to be a great game. One of my friends is a Cowboy fan and he told me he expects this game to be so good he almost doesn't care who wins. Me and him are gonna watch the game tonight and we are rpobably goig to kill eachother if it is as good as it looks like it will be.

Go_Eagles77
09-15-2008, 06:20 AM
I don't care if it's the best game in the history of the league, if we don't win I'm gonna be pissed. lol.

eaglesalltheway
09-15-2008, 08:59 AM
I don't care if it's the best game in the history of the league, if we don't win I'm gonna be pissed. lol.

Me too, but I will be so excited if we win as well.

camp_eagles
09-16-2008, 08:05 AM
Consedine's play yesterday was just like Michael Lewis' two years ago against the saints when he lost his starting job. Why didnt we put Demps on Defense at all? JP was generating no rush at all. I only saw Clemons on kickoff so I dont know if he could have made an impact on D. As soon as I saw Consedine on the field I called Dallas attacking him and they did on Owens' first TD. Finally Consedine is the new Dhani Jones for the eagles where you hold your breath everytime the ball is in the air near him or whenever a ball carrier comes at him.

camp_eagles
09-16-2008, 04:02 PM
A couple quotes from GCobb.com
1) I’m demanding an answer on this one. I want to know straight from Andy Reid and the coaches: What is it you see in Sean Considine? Is he really funny in the locker room or something? Please, tell me. I just don’t see it. Get Demps out there pronto.

2)I don't even need to say anything about Sean Considine. He's always at the scene of the crime. Every time the other team has a big play, Considine is nearby. It's like he's working as an extra in other players highlight films.

eaglesalltheway
09-17-2008, 06:25 AM
Consedine's play yesterday was just like Michael Lewis' two years ago against the saints when he lost his starting job. Why didnt we put Demps on Defense at all? JP was generating no rush at all. I only saw Clemons on kickoff so I dont know if he could have made an impact on D. As soon as I saw Consedine on the field I called Dallas attacking him and they did on Owens' first TD. Finally Consedine is the new Dhani Jones for the eagles where you hold your breath everytime the ball is in the air near him or whenever a ball carrier comes at him.

To begin, I agree that Considine played poorly. But Considine doesn't have a starting job anymore. He is our 3rd S to come in during game situations. I think he is in because Dawk has lost a step and they are bringing in Considine so Dawk won't have to cover so much of the field.

Demps wasn't in because he was a rookie, and though he has the great playmaking ability, he was consistently burnt in preseason games. It wouldn't have been any better with Demps in there. In fact, Demps' coverage right now may not be as good as Considine's. He showed a lot in camp, and has shown some positive thigns in the preseason, but also showed that he can not be trusted in coverage just yet.

The Eagles didn't have much of a rush, but that is because the D got beat deep early in the game, and usually when that happens, JJ will bring less (key word) blitzes in order to have better coverage. I don't know the percentages of how much we blitzed on Monday, but I would bet it is less than what or average is. We were getting the rush, it just wasn't getting to Romo. I don't know why Clemons wasn't brought in for defensive plays, but maybe the Eagles figured because of his lack of size he would just get dominated by either Tackle for Dallas, as both have good size.

I agree with what you have bolded, but Considine isn't a starter anymore, and will only be in for situations that require 6 DBs, him being the 6th. we won't see him nearly as much, unless Q would get hurt. Another thing to consider, Considine was injured (granted it was his hand and that shouldn't effect coverage) and maybe that had some sort of mental block or whatever going on in his head.

eaglesalltheway
09-17-2008, 06:33 AM
A couple quotes from GCobb.com
1) Iím demanding an answer on this one. I want to know straight from Andy Reid and the coaches: What is it you see in Sean Considine? Is he really funny in the locker room or something? Please, tell me. I just donít see it. Get Demps out there pronto.

2)I don't even need to say anything about Sean Considine. He's always at the scene of the crime. Every time the other team has a big play, Considine is nearby. It's like he's working as an extra in other players highlight films.

1. Hey, we were all (not everyone, but a vast majority) saying in Mach and April this year, "NO DeSean Jackson!!!" Look how that has turned out. Maybe we need to hate our draft picks at first or something, because Donovan has become great and DeSean looks like he can do the same. Like I said before, Demps wouldn't be an upgrade, plus Considine is more physical (hard to say that, but its true). We will only see Demps on the defense in situations where the game is over, or unless we get injuries to our Safeties.

2. It seems as though you are saying this guy has never done anything productive in his career. I agree he gives up plays, but he prevents them as well and makes some, but some of us only dwell on the negative. h season as a starter, he gave up ZERO TDs. That in itself is an amazing accomplishment. I beleive he was a rookie that year as well, playing SS, when he is a natural FS. I don't think this would be nearly as big of a deal if the game had gone the toher way, and it may not have even been brought up at all.

camp_eagles
09-17-2008, 09:38 AM
Well im not sure where you got the stat about him not giving up a TD his first year starting which was in 06 his second season when he was given the job after Lewis got beat a couple times against the Saints. so in 17 career games starting he has 2 ints, 1.5 sacks, and 7 passes defended. Im not blaming the loss on Considine but Ive seen too many big plays go his way and I really dont like him.

eaglesalltheway
09-17-2008, 12:27 PM
Well im not sure where you got the stat about him not giving up a TD his first year starting which was in 06 his second season when he was given the job after Lewis got beat a couple times against the Saints. so in 17 career games starting he has 2 ints, 1.5 sacks, and 7 passes defended. Im not blaming the loss on Considine but Ive seen too many big plays go his way and I really dont like him.

I wasn't sure if he was a rookie, I thought he was, but he definitely may have been a second year guy. Either way, I remembering hearing it in the final game of the season and he didn't give any up that game, so I figured that would mean he hadn't given one up all year. A lot of people don't like Considine, I am indifferent towards him but don't expect anythging special by any means from him. I do think he gets too much blame though (throughout his career) as he will have games where he does a great job the whole game, but in a key situation, he'll miss a tackle or something, and then everyone forgets everything else he did that game, which is unfair. A good example of that was the Saints playoff game 2 (?) years ago, where everyone remembers him getting steamrolled by McAllister in the 4th, which sealed it for the Saints. But he had a great day in coverage, (had at least one PBU that game if I remember correctly, and had a decent game supporting the run, but everyone remembers him getting plowed over. It is a shame, because I think he can be a good player if he stays healthy, but he is injured a lot and this has hampered what he can do on the field.

camp_eagles
09-17-2008, 05:36 PM
I wasn't sure if he was a rookie, I thought he was, but he definitely may have been a second year guy. Either way, I remembering hearing it in the final game of the season and he didn't give any up that game, so I figured that would mean he hadn't given one up all year. A lot of people don't like Considine, I am indifferent towards him but don't expect anythging special by any means from him. I do think he gets too much blame though (throughout his career) as he will have games where he does a great job the whole game, but in a key situation, he'll miss a tackle or something, and then everyone forgets everything else he did that game, which is unfair. A good example of that was the Saints playoff game 2 (?) years ago, where everyone remembers him getting steamrolled by McAllister in the 4th, which sealed it for the Saints. But he had a great day in coverage, (had at least one PBU that game if I remember correctly, and had a decent game supporting the run, but everyone remembers him getting plowed over. It is a shame, because I think he can be a good player if he stays healthy, but he is injured a lot and this has hampered what he can do on the field.

Well he will alwalys only be OK at best because of the injuries. As for people giving him a bad rep because of a few bad plays well let me quote Mike Vanderjagt "Ive made hundreds of kicks but they only remember the big ones."
same thing goes for Considine he may have done a decent job but I only remember him when he stands out which usually means he made a mistake.

Sniper
09-17-2008, 05:40 PM
Considine is ******* brutal. Straight up awful. Demps is a better safety than Considine.

eaglesalltheway
09-18-2008, 06:20 AM
Considine is ******* brutal. Straight up awful. Demps is a better safety than Considine.

We really don't know how he is until we see him on the field, and in the preseason, the only times Demps got in on defense, he was not doing what he should in coverage. All we have seen of Demps is his return ability and that he can catch balls thrown near him in practice. I'm not talking down on the guy, all I am saying is don't expect big things for him this year. Besides, if we let go of Considine, that leaves Mikell as our only SS. What happens if Mikell gets injured. We probably wouldn't be able to pick Considine back up, as other teams would probably pick him up if he was released. McCoy got picked up very soon after he was released, so I would imagine Considine, who we all agree is a better player (I hope), would have no problems finding a team. If Mikell would get injured, who do we put at SS? JR Reed is the only one who I could see as a SS, and that is even a stretch.

camp_eagles
09-18-2008, 08:34 AM
We really don't know how he is until we see him on the field, and in the preseason, the only times Demps got in on defense, he was not doing what he should in coverage. All we have seen of Demps is his return ability and that he can catch balls thrown near him in practice. I'm not talking down on the guy, all I am saying is don't expect big things for him this year. Besides, if we let go of Considine, that leaves Mikell as our only SS. What happens if Mikell gets injured. We probably wouldn't be able to pick Considine back up, as other teams would probably pick him up if he was released. McCoy got picked up very soon after he was released, so I would imagine Considine, who we all agree is a better player (I hope), would have no problems finding a team. If Mikell would get injured, who do we put at SS? JR Reed is the only one who I could see as a SS, and that is even a stretch.

What about Marcus Paschal. Oh and can we still talk about moving brown to saftey? Because that would be great right now.

Sniper
09-18-2008, 09:08 AM

You could put a pilon at SS and it would be better in coverage than Considouche.

eaglesalltheway
09-18-2008, 12:46 PM
What about Marcus Paschal. Oh and can we still talk about moving brown to saftey? Because that would be great right now.

What exactly are you implying? Paschal is a non factor, he will be nothing of great excellence in the NFL, and Sheldon is a CB, not a FS. So you get nothing out of him at either Safety spot right now, but lose the 3 CB rotation that is what will make our defnese go. No sense at all IMO.

eaglesalltheway
09-18-2008, 12:48 PM
You could put a pilon at SS and it would be better in coverage than Considouche.

Obvious sarcasm, but he honestly isn't horrible in coverage, there are a lot of safeties that bite on the moves TO has, especially the one he did Monday. That being said, he isn't great in coverage by any means, but he just has a lot of things that people pick apart, and most of it is fair.

DLionALL
09-21-2008, 06:43 PM
Great game by the Defense today against the Steelers, but i'm worried about Westbrook.

Sniper
09-21-2008, 06:45 PM
Great game by the Defense today against the Steelers, but i'm worried about Westbrook.

Just his annual Get Hurt and make everyone freak out before I come back and rip everyone a new asshole game. No sweat.

jefepowhnzer
09-22-2008, 02:28 AM
Just his annual Get Hurt and make everyone freak out before I come back and rip everyone a new asshole game. No sweat.

That's along the lines of what I was thinking when he left the field. Personally I didn't think it looked terrible, but maybe that's just me. I have a gut feeling that he will dress next week but will see light or no action and return the following week for the home game against the Skins.

Against the Bears Westy would be sorely missed, but if Buckhalter were to have the success running the ball that he had today in the second and third quarter I think that would make the Bears play a balanced D and help open the field up for McNabb. However, I would be much more comfortable with Westbrook in the backfield (obviously).

eaglesalltheway
09-22-2008, 06:24 AM
Well, so far all we knopw is it is a strained ankle, and McNabb has a chest contusion, (may as well just say a nasty bruise) I agree that Westy's injury doesn't look too serious, you could see his foot roll a bit on Tra's leg but it wasn't exrtreme or severe. I'm no doctor, but this is something that he could either be ready for next week or out for a month if the Eagles play it safe, it all depends on the MRI, which should be happening sometime this morning. I think Buckhalter and LoBo can get the job done, just not to the extent that Westy could. Hunt has a concusssion, he may be back next week, depending on the severity, of course.

eaglesalltheway
09-22-2008, 06:44 AM
Notes from the game...

The defense is back. I don't do fantasy football, but I'm sure our defense put up the most fantsy points this week. 9 sacks, 3 turnovers, and a safety, while limiting the opponent to only 6 points is a recipe for a killing on defense in fantasy football I would guess.

Juqua Parker was playing like someone from the Steelers punched his mother in the head. He had 2.4 sacks and was making plays in the running game as well.

Bunk had a great game, as did most of our defense, but he did well as well.

Cole had a sack, and was making a lot of lays in the run game.

Patterson looks like he has gained speed, despite also gaining weight. He himself, strung out "fast" Willie Parker, and that resulted in a loss.

Darren Howard has impressed so far this season. A lot of fans were calling for his release (not me though) , and though I think he gets paid too much for his role, it isn't my money and he is playing well, so great.

Bradley had a great game. He kept his coverage responsibilities under wraps all game, he is part of the reason Big Ben wasn't able to release short passes to beat the blitz.

Gaither was everywhere. He was almost always around the action, he's had a slow start to the season, but he made up for it yesterday. He had 1.5 sacks, I think I saw, and he made all types of tackles. He missed another sack on big ben, which is a little scary when you think he also could have had 2.5 sacks.

Gocong wasn't heard of too much, but he made his plays.

Asante was worth it. I've said it before and I'll say it until all football fans believe me.

Mikell is the real deal at SS. You can make the argument that he has been our brightest spot on this defense. As far as I'm concerned, SS will not be a need come draft time.

Dawk showed everyone who doubted him (I was one of them) that their doubts were unfounded. He still can show up big and have great games at any point in his career.

Donovan continued to play well, despite his bruise on his chest. Threw lasers when necessary.

LJ has been disapointing so far. After hsi TD catch in the opener, what has he done? ??? Nothing. Celek hasn't shown me enough to be considered hsi replacement. TE is an early need for the Eagles IMO.

Who subbed for Andrews? The way the game went, you wouldn't know, and that is just how you want it. MJG played well, and on many plays, flat out dominated his man. With him succeeding in his opportunites, combined with the ability for our current starting guards to move out to Tackle, I think we are very flexible along our O-line and may be able to pick from the best O-linemen available if the Eagles choose to go that route come the first round.

With Westy missing a lot of the game, it is hard to measure how the offense did, but considering what they were missing, I'd say they did a good job. If Westy misses the next game, (which I think he wil) our offense will be able to gameplan better with Bucky and LoBo, but that also means the Bears will as well. But IMO, our coachign staff is superior to Chicago's, and we will have the advantage, perhaps beign able to execute better.

camp_eagles
09-22-2008, 08:38 AM
I completely agree with you on every you said. I liked what I saw from Booker especially on the one catch out of the back field when he made someone miss and then got the first down. Even without Westbrook we match up well against the Bears because in every game this season we have played better QBs and RBs so i am expecting another great performance from the D next week.

eaglesalltheway
09-22-2008, 10:28 AM
Their defense is still tough to deal with. Urlacher, despite his losses in youth "doo-els" is a great MLB. Their secondary can be had though, but their front 7 is still very good. Maybe we get Shawn Andrews back, hopefully, but our O-line matches up well with their fornt 7.

camp_eagles
09-22-2008, 10:50 AM
Their defense is still tough to deal with. Urlacher, despite his losses in youth "doo-els" is a great MLB. Their secondary can be had though, but their front 7 is still very good. Maybe we get Shawn Andrews back, hopefully, but our O-line matches up well with their fornt 7.

There isn't much of a difference between their front 7 and the Steelers they are both very good. what concerns me the most is if Hester is healthy and he returns one or gives them great field position all game long.

eaglesalltheway
09-22-2008, 11:00 AM
But Urlacher and Briggs are better than the Steelers LBs. Sure Lamaar Woodley is great, but he was the only LB besides maybe Foote who was making any sort of impact. Plus their DT, can't remember his name right now, (recurring themem in my life) is great and one of the better ones in the league. They have contributors at the DE spots as well too. They are a solid fornt 7 don't forget about that. Plus the Steelers were without DE Brett Kiesel, so that may have had an impact on Pitt's front 7, more in the running game than the passing game though.

cunningham06
09-22-2008, 10:15 PM
But Urlacher and Briggs are better than the Steelers LBs. Sure Lamaar Woodley is great, but he was the only LB besides maybe Foote who was making any sort of impact. Plus their DT, can't remember his name right now, (recurring themem in my life) is great and one of the better ones in the league. They have contributors at the DE spots as well too. They are a solid fornt 7 don't forget about that. Plus the Steelers were without DE Brett Kiesel, so that may have had an impact on Pitt's front 7, more in the running game than the passing game though.

You mean Tommie Harris? The Bears front 7 is much superior to the Steelers IMO. Their defensive line is tough and their LB's even tougher.

eaglesalltheway
09-23-2008, 06:18 AM
Yeah Tommie Harris. i remembered it later but didn't bother coming back and editing it. I think we may be able to take advantage of them though, even without Westy, as I have heard that both Harris and Urlacher are playing like average players at their positions. That still leaves Briggs, who can have a monster game at any point, but Urlacher is someone you always have to worry about, and that goes for Tommie Harris as well.

Sniper
09-23-2008, 06:20 AM
The Bears' secondary is weak. I don't see any reason why McNabb can't have a big day.

eaglesalltheway
09-23-2008, 06:49 AM
The Bears' secondary is weak. I don't see any reason why McNabb can't have a big day.

That is an understateent, we should be able to ttear them a new ***hole.

SunDevil450
09-23-2008, 06:11 PM
Does anyone know when curtis will be back or any updates?

eaglesalltheway
09-24-2008, 06:11 AM
All signs point to him coming back after our bye week or right around there. We really haven't heard much.

eaglesalltheway
09-25-2008, 01:09 PM
5 guys on the Eagles offense missed practicve yesterday: Donovan, Westy, Andrews, Curtis, and Smith. Not good, we need these guys healthy for Sunday night. I expect 5 to be good to go, but I don't know about Westy, Big Kid, or LJ. Curtis is out for sure, he is at least two weeks away from what I've heard.

Sniper
09-25-2008, 05:12 PM
Is Chris Clemons the new Jevon Kearse? After getting a massive contract in the off-season from thee Eagles, to say Clemons has been underwhelming through three games would be too kind. He only has one tackle so far and a pass deflected. Granted, it's only three games, and Darren Howard is playing like a man possessed so you don't really notice Clemons, but I'm starting to feel a little uncomfortable about Clemons.

eaglesalltheway
09-26-2008, 06:26 AM
That comparison is a little harsh. I don't think the expectations were/are nearly as high as they were for Kearse. I don't think Clemons is getting nearly as much in his contract (in comparison with other DE contracts) money wise. I may not be remembering correctly, but isn't Clemons only getting paid about 3 mil per year? I know that is a lot of money for his production, but wasn't Kearse making much more? Clemons has time yet, its only three games and he is already making an impact on Special Teams. Consider who we were playing as well, all three teams had a Pro Bowl RB last year, and we want to stop the run. Clemons is our pass rush specialist, and he may not see as much time because of who we have played. Now we were never really up enough in any of our games (except the Rams) so the opposing teams would have to pass a lot more, and maybe when we get in those situations, we will see more of him. Once Abiamiri comes back, I think it will be tough for him to make an impact on the defense, but he could. I wouldn't call him a Kearse though.

cunningham06
09-28-2008, 10:41 PM
**** the Bears, we outplayed them on both sides of the ball, if only Akers could kick a field goal... We should have tried a qb sneak up the middle on at least one of those plays on goal line.

camp_eagles
09-28-2008, 10:53 PM
I feel sick. I cant believe how bad things are when Westbrook isnt playing. Also we had the game on a silver platter and threw it away.

jefepowhnzer
09-28-2008, 10:54 PM
**** the Bears, we outplayed them on both sides of the ball, if only Akers could kick a field goal...

You can forgive him for the 51 yarder. The attempt after that, I think it was 47, has to be made, especially after missing one. Of course then the Bears goal line stand never happens and the Eagles kick a field goal to go ahead 26-24.

I completely agree with you cunningham, they outplayed the Bears on both sides of the ball. With that said, the offense needed to pick up the slack. Yea, Westbrook didn't play and we all know what he adds to the offense, but there's no excuse for the failure to score a TD inside the 10 yard on multiple occasions. Reminds me of last year when it seemed like being inside the 10 was more of a curse than an opportunity. There were so many mistakes offensively it makes me sick. The only solace I take from the game, offensively at least, is that if you take a way just a couple of the many mistakes this is a W.

Hopefully next week against Washington is a different story.

brat316
09-28-2008, 11:50 PM
Andy should have challenged the 4 and goal play he scored. The top camera angle showed the Bucks forearm and ball crossed and then was brought backwards.

After the Dallas game the eagles have looked bad on offense, the Steelers D is good. But against the Bears D where did the WRs go.

Also Jackson I think gives up on plays that are not for him, like the play with the pick that was thrown at Jackson. It looked like he was jogging, and seeing that the safety was on the outside he should have looked in, Rookie mistake I guess, but looked like he didn't give much effort on that play.

Is Jackson scared to get hit now, in the preseason and even the first game he was going over the middle and staying in bounds. Now he looks like he wants to avoid contact. On the reverse he ran out, on the punt returns he tried to avoid being hit, or trying to break a tackle. The last punt when he went out was fine since there was 15 seconds left.

Well if they would have won, NFC East would have the best record and be tied for second instead of being last.

bearsfan_51
09-29-2008, 01:31 AM
He didn't score on that run, the ball never crossed the line so it doesn't matter if his forearm did or not.

You did definately outplay us though. That's the second year in a row we've beaten you when we probably shouldn't have.

Then again we lost last week when we shouldn't have. It happens. Best o' luck.

Go_Eagles77
09-29-2008, 06:17 AM
I hate this team sometimes.

eaglesalltheway
09-29-2008, 06:31 AM
Andy should have challenged the 4 and goal play he scored. The top camera angle showed the Bucks forearm and ball crossed and then was brought backwards.

After the Dallas game the eagles have looked bad on offense, the Steelers D is good. But against the Bears D where did the WRs go.

Also Jackson I think gives up on plays that are not for him, like the play with the pick that was thrown at Jackson. It looked like he was jogging, and seeing that the safety was on the outside he should have looked in, Rookie mistake I guess, but looked like he didn't give much effort on that play.

Is Jackson scared to get hit now, in the preseason and even the first game he was going over the middle and staying in bounds. Now he looks like he wants to avoid contact. On the reverse he ran out, on the punt returns he tried to avoid being hit, or trying to break a tackle. The last punt when he went out was fine since there was 15 seconds left.

Well if they would have won, NFC East would have the best record and be tied for second instead of being last.

Buck didn't score, and the whole reason is Matt Schoeble can't block to save his life, he let Ogunleye (I think) right in and that was the guy who grabbed Buck and kep him out.

For once, Madden was right. Jackson made the right read in cutting to the outside. I am a big supporter of McNabb, but that was on him, not Jackson. The safety was stragiht ahead of Jackson, so he cut outside, which was the right move. He didn't give up, it was jsut part of the route he was running. In some routes, you don't go 100% until you make your cut, which he did, but once the INT was caught, he turned and ran for the tackle. Of course he was picked up and blocked, taken out of the play almost instantly, but he was trying.

It is called smart running. You run outside to save your body if you cant get extra yards. Almost all players do it nowadays. Westy does it, so does Donovan, and they aren't afraid of contact. He has gone over the middle plenty of times this season. I didn't see as much of it last night but he was still doing it nonetheless. I would rather he run out of bounds or avoid contact because it will extend his career.

Once again, it seems like we are beating a dead horse, but clock management was poor again. With 2:43 left in the game, and one timeout, you let the bears run their play and with the 40 second clock the bears would have to run one more play before the two minute warning, unless the play takes onger than 3 seconds, which it might, but then you bite the bullet and save it for the other side of the two minute warning. So the Bears would come out on the other side of the two minute warning on 3rd down the Eagles take a timeout right afterward, and you get the ball with approximately one minute left instead of :17 seconds. I love Andy and everything he does for the team, but this is the one thing that he does struggle with.

eaglesalltheway
09-29-2008, 06:49 AM
Well if the team keeps this up, we are going to have a very up and down season, one week looking like a Super-Bowl team, and another looking like an average team at best. I know we were without our best weapon for this game and our best O-linemen, but the passing defense is really what concerns me. It was supposed to be a strength, and right now, it is the weakness of our defense, and maybe our team. We lead the league in sacks and rushing yards, but give up tons of yards and TDs in the passing game. We have the payers, but for whatever reason they are being taken advantage of, with the exception of Asante Samuel, he is proving to be worth it all. He has been our most consistent DB so far.

Oh yeah, bhaarat, our WRs had a total of 16 catches (or more) last night.
Brown had 6-actually looked pretty good if not for a few dropped ball (familiar stroy isn't it)
Jackson had 5- looked good, plus he had some runs as well
Avant had 4-made some plays, had the one on his back, he has 1 of those per week
Baskett had at least one-quiet last night
GLew had 0, I think, may have had at least one, but was thrown to a few times.

I don't know how many completions McNabb had, but I'm sure that is about 60% or more of Donovan's completions.

Celek has looked solid, but not as a starter. Right now, I say we shouldn't count on him as our future at TE and we should invest an early pick in the draft if we want better production from the position.

eaglesalltheway
09-29-2008, 06:54 AM
Just looked at the game stats, GLew did have a catch and McNabb had 25 completions so that is 17/25 completions, or 68% completions to WRs. That isn't bad considering we are still missing our tow WR and with thte style of offense we run and considering the situations and personnell we have, that is acceptable.

eaglesalltheway
10-01-2008, 10:05 AM
The activity here has been as inconsistent as our pass defense.

Sniper
10-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Sav Rocca was named the NFC Special Teams Player of the Month

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/02/cutler-brees-headline-first-time-players-of-month/

Well deserved

eaglesalltheway
10-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Agree 100%, this man is becoming a weapon by himself.

Sniper
10-05-2008, 10:44 AM
When Shawn Andrews returns, what are the odds MJG moves to LG in favor of Herremans? Herremans has been pretty underwhelming and MJG has played very well in his time spelling Andrews. IIRC, he had one especially nice block vs. the Bears where he pulled and took out a crashing LB, springing Buckhalter for a 20~ish yard run.

Go_Eagles77
10-05-2008, 03:09 PM
This team will be lucky to go 8-8.

camp_eagles
10-05-2008, 05:26 PM
I want to know why there was not 1 deep pass attempt all game long? Why Desean Jackson only got 3 offensive touches all game long? and why did Andy challenge that pass by Randel El

SeanTaylorRIP
10-05-2008, 07:11 PM
I want to know why there was not 1 deep pass attempt all game long? Why Desean Jackson only got 3 offensive touches all game long? and why did Andy challenge that pass by Randel El

Well the you shouldn't be asking why you didn't go deep, as to why you didn't throw more. A lot had to do with the Skins controlling the ball but the one thing the skins prevent you from doing is go deep. Landry plays 20 yards deep and covers the entire field. If you are going to pass on the skins it has to be the intermediate game. As for the challenge basically Philly was in a rush because the skins were about to kick the PAT and all of Andy's players were screaming at him claiming that Randle El was past, he didn't have time to talk to upstairs. Either let the TD go or trust your players, unfortunately for you, he trusted his players.

Sniper
10-05-2008, 07:37 PM
I don't know why I bother with this team.

DiG
10-05-2008, 09:38 PM

ask the cowboys why they didnt get a a single deep ball. or the cardinals. or the saints for that matter.

laron landry does not allow deep balls.

toddmlazarchick
10-06-2008, 02:17 AM
Have you realized yet that Asante was a product of the system yet?

Go_Eagles77
10-06-2008, 05:47 AM

What the hell are you talking about? If anything he proved he is better in this system than the old one. One of the bright spots on the team. He shut down Santana Moss yesterday. Every CB makes a mistake here and there.

eaglesalltheway
10-06-2008, 06:36 AM
When Shawn Andrews returns, what are the odds MJG moves to LG in favor of Herremans? Herremans has been pretty underwhelming and MJG has played very well in his time spelling Andrews. IIRC, he had one especially nice block vs. the Bears where he pulled and took out a crashing LB, springing Buckhalter for a 20~ish yard run.

Slim to none, MJG has looked good, but Herremans has been solid as well. We have ehard his name maybe 3 or 4 times this year. That is a good sign for him.MJG will see the field next season, one way or the other.

eaglesalltheway
10-06-2008, 06:37 AM
This team will be lucky to go 8-8.

The team is so inconsisitent, and so is the coaching. I have lost hope for a Superbowl season, sadly. 8-8 looks about right to me right now.

eaglesalltheway
10-06-2008, 06:39 AM
ask the cowboys why they didnt get a a single deep ball. or the cardinals. or the saints for that matter.

laron landry does not allow deep balls.

Landry is a monster, in every sense of the word. I, along with a great majority of people who follow the draft, knew he would be a monster in the NFL, and he is doing just that. Expect many Pro-Bowls out of him. I know you guys are e njoying this kid, hell, even I am and he is on a division rival.

eaglesalltheway
10-06-2008, 06:42 AM

Besides the fact that is borderline fishing, that is completely untrue. He has been the highlight of this defense, and is playing great. He has two picks (or more) already, and at least 5 passes defended. I really have no idea where you see this, unless you were being sarcastic.

DiG
10-06-2008, 09:07 AM
Landry is a monster, in every sense of the word. I, along with a great majority of people who follow the draft, knew he would be a monster in the NFL, and he is doing just that. Expect many Pro-Bowls out of him. I know you guys are e njoying this kid, hell, even I am and he is on a division rival.

Classy post. Always nice to hear some honest respect come from division rivals.

Sniper
10-06-2008, 09:32 AM
Besides the fact that is borderline fishing, that is completely untrue. He has been the highlight of this defense, and is playing great. He has two picks (or more) already, and at least 5 passes defended. I really have no idea where you see this, unless you were being sarcastic.

He has nine passes defended, good for fifth (I think) in the league. He wasn't really thrown against yesterday except for that weak penalty they called against him. He's lockdown.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-06-2008, 09:41 AM
He was pretty much lights out yesterday with his blanket coverage. Granted he had 2 or 3 guys helping him on moss every play, but still he didn't allow a single pass other than that huge 3rd down play to Devin Thomas but it's because he fell down.

eaglesalltheway
10-07-2008, 06:20 AM
He has nine passes defended, good for fifth (I think) in the league. He wasn't really thrown against yesterday except for that weak penalty they called against him. He's lockdown.

I was being conservative with my numbers but as we all know, CBs are the position where stats can be the most misleading. But in this case, the stat helps point out just how good he is right now.

Sniper
10-09-2008, 12:18 PM
http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/20081009_McNabb_tells_Eagles_it_s_not_early_anymor e.html

Good to say it, now do something about it.

eaglesalltheway
10-10-2008, 06:16 AM
Well they are playing the niners, and they should pull away relatively early. If this is a close game or god forbid the Eagles lose, my hopes on the season are out the window, and I think if we lose to the niners, we will have a very hard time making the playoffs.

Sniper
10-10-2008, 08:42 AM
I wonder when the Curse of the Opposing Kicker will end...

cunningham06
10-10-2008, 09:34 AM
Ya really, I've been pondering the possibility of taking a kicker in the draft this year. Akers play is really hurting us, if we could get the next Nick Folk or Gostkowski we would be a much better team record-wise.

bsaza2358
10-10-2008, 09:45 AM
I'm sure they'll either draft or bring in a kicker this offseason. Special teams is a decently high priority. I'd like them to consider something now. The misses are piling up, and it is quite unfortunate. Too many blown opportunities. At the very least, we should be 3-2, if not 4-1...

eaglesalltheway
10-10-2008, 10:37 AM
I wonder when the Curse of the Opposing Kicker will end...

I hope so, I mean Akers needs to find some sort of groove sometime.

eaglesalltheway
10-10-2008, 10:40 AM
I'm sure they'll either draft or bring in a kicker this offseason. Special teams is a decently high priority. I'd like them to consider something now. The misses are piling up, and it is quite unfortunate. Too many blown opportunities. At the very least, we should be 3-2, if not 4-1...

Drafting a Kicker was actually one of the few things EF 45 was right about. (It was also one of the few things I agreed with him on) But if Akers keeps this up, taking a K is almost a certainty IMO. How is this class looking by the way? (Like anybody really knows, haha)

The guy we had in TC was K/P and he was "competition", but when I was there it was obvious to me he was more of an option at P than K.

Go_Eagles77
10-10-2008, 10:46 AM
Sam Swank of Wake Forest looks like the best K this year, he'll probably go between rounds 4-7, I hope the eagles can pick him up in the later rounds, it would be nice to be somewhat confident when we attempt a FG of over 40 yards.

bsaza2358
10-10-2008, 10:47 AM
I'm not sure that the Eagles are going to draft a kicker, but they'll probably add at least 1 as a UDFA.

eaglesalltheway
10-10-2008, 11:04 AM
You never know, they have been putting extra emphasis on ST recently, and since K is arguably the most important ST position, I could see them drafting one in the later rounds if there is one that they like.

bsaza2358
10-10-2008, 11:40 AM
I could see it, but I'm not going to call for it with depth and age issues at OT, a blocking issue at TE, no good FB in the fold, and Lito likely on his way out in the offseason. Worried about those other areas first and foremost.

brat316
10-10-2008, 11:43 AM
I could see it, but I'm not going to call for it with depth and age issues at OT, a blocking issue at TE, no good FB in the fold, and Lito likely on his way out in the offseason. Worried about those other areas first and foremost.

And no Cap next year.

bsaza2358
10-10-2008, 11:46 AM
They'll get it fixed. The uncapped year would be 2010, I believe...

eaglesalltheway
10-10-2008, 01:18 PM

Our early needs are O line (whether it be OT or OG), S, and TE. Secondary needs are CB, WR, RB, and maybe, maybe DT. K, QB, and FB are minor needs at this point and could be addressed in the last few rounds. I wasn't suggesting taking K early, just suggesting that we will probably use a draft pick on one, most likely within the last three rounds.

Sniper
10-10-2008, 01:37 PM
Westbrook, Andrews, Reggie Brown and J.R Reed are all officially out for this weekend. Curtis could join them.

I have a feeling McNabb is going to pull a vintage 2004 game out of nowhere. Throwing to a cluster**** of receivers, no running back etc...and somehow put up 300 yards and 3 TD. It's put up or shut up time for #5.

eaglesalltheway
10-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Westbrook, Andrews, Reggie Brown and J.R Reed are all officially out for this weekend. Curtis could join them.

I have a feeling McNabb is going to pull a vintage 2004 game out of nowhere. Throwing to a cluster**** of receivers, no running back etc...and somehow put up 300 yards and 3 TD. It's put up or shut up time for #5.

WTF is up with Reggie Brown again? Getting Curtis back would be nice, but with Reggie out again, I think Andy will play it safe with Curtis.

Sniper
10-10-2008, 01:45 PM
WTF is up with Reggie Brown again? Getting Curtis back would be nice, but with Reggie out again, I think Andy will play it safe with Curtis.

Maybe this game they might even design some plays for DeSean?

No, that's too crazy.

eaglesalltheway
10-10-2008, 01:48 PM
Maybe this game they might even design some plays for DeSean?

No, that's too crazy.

Perhaps, but I think they have been keeping some of those hidden. If we jump out early, expect them to remain hidden, whats up with Reggie?

bsaza2358
10-10-2008, 01:58 PM
Reggie, West, and Andrews are out for this week...

eaglesalltheway
10-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Reggie, West, and Andrews are out for this week...

What is Reggie out for now???

Look a few posts up. No biggie, just sayin.

bsaza2358
10-10-2008, 02:05 PM
Groin pull/tear. Annoying...

eaglesalltheway
10-10-2008, 02:06 PM
On to another thing. There is a member mock draft going up and I am the GM for the Eagles. The way it is being organized there will be a war room type thing here. I was thinking maybe bsaza could act as the owner, and some of the other more frequent posters could be personnel directors or scouts or something like that. Its just a title, you don't really have to do anything special if you don't want. Check it out, it is in the fantasy forum.

eaglesalltheway
10-10-2008, 02:07 PM
Groin pull/tear. Annoying...

He has actually looked pretty good in his two games so far. I think AR is making a concerted effort to get him the ball though.

bsaza2358
10-10-2008, 02:08 PM
He is now hurt and will not play against SF. Unfortunate...

eaglesalltheway
10-10-2008, 02:17 PM
He is now hurt and will not play against SF. Unfortunate...

It is, but I truly owuld rather have him healthy for the rest of the year and give him two weeks to recoup, rather than having him risk further injury and only having a week to fix it.

eaglesalltheway
10-10-2008, 03:27 PM
Hey Sniper, Emmaus is playing some damn good football this year. We are undefeated, how's Parkland doing you might wonder? 3-3, though two of their losses came to very, very good teams. I truly think this is the year for my Hornets to finally get the LVC crown for themselves.

Sniper
10-10-2008, 03:30 PM
Hey Sniper, Emmaus is playing some damn good football this year. We are undefeated, how's Parkland doing you might wonder? 3-3, though two of their losses came to very, very good teams. I truly think this is the year for my Hornets to finally get the LVC crown for themselves.

Losing a buttload of top players from a state finalist will do that to you.

Has Emmaus ever won the 4A State Title?

eaglesalltheway
10-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Losing a buttload of top players from a state finalist will do that to you.

Has Emmaus ever won the 4A State Title?

No, and because we are Emmaus, that is why I limited my dream to the LVC title, haha.

Sniper
10-10-2008, 05:15 PM
The last time the Eagles started 2-3, this happened...(The first play)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGcx1xpygOA&feature=related

and the Eagles rattled off nine straight wins.

Sniper
10-11-2008, 03:48 PM
Un-*******-believable

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3637802

No Fun League indeed

eaglesalltheway
10-12-2008, 07:58 PM
In got to admit I was worried form the middle of the second quarter all the way until about 4 or 5 minutes left in the game, but they pulled it out, and Juqua Parker has put together at least three very good games, making it difficult for Abiamiri to see time at DE, and with Klecko taking over at FB, Abiamiri saw a good deal of his PT at DT, one of the thigns that many of us (at least I did) thought was a possibility coming into the season. Bucky had a very good game overall, and Mikell is quietly becoming a defnesive stud. Still, with what I have seen from the team so far this season I just don't have the anticipation for a possible Superbowl like I had at the beginning of the season. Maybe when everyone is back healthy that will change my mind, but until the team is healthy, we don't know.

Sniper
10-12-2008, 07:59 PM
Juqua Parker is a sex panther.

And Quintin Mikell is a ******* beast.

eaglesalltheway
10-12-2008, 08:11 PM
Juqua Parker is a sex panther.

And Quintin Mikell is a ******* beast.

The sad thing is, if his name was Roy Williams or Troy Polamalu, he would already be a lock for a Pro-Bowl, but since he is a relative unknown, he won't get the recognition he deserves, unless he steps it up even more, which would be scary.

How many sacks does Parker have now? 4? 5? Not to mention all of the plays he has made elsewhere.

brat316
10-12-2008, 08:18 PM
I like Dan much more better as the FB then Hunt. Klecko isn't going to get any touches but he sure can take on the Lbs.

You know why because he played DT and knows what the other D-linemen are going to do. SO he reads the d-line moves and knows then how the Lbs are going to attack. He then goes into Fb mode and takes on the lbs making the hole for the Rb to go through. Dan Klecko is the prefect fb.

eaglesalltheway
10-12-2008, 08:26 PM
I like Dan much more better as the FB then Hunt. Klecko isn't going to get any touches but he sure can take on the Lbs.

You know why because he played DT and knows what the other D-linemen are going to do. SO he reads the d-line moves and knows then how the Lbs are going to attack. He then goes into Fb mode and takes on the lbs making the hole for the Rb to go through. Dan Klecko is the prefect fb.

I wouldn't say perfect, but he is a better option than Hunt IMO. he does have the benefit of knowing the techiniques and schemes of some defneses, but he also has much better size, which is also an advantage for him. He may not be as athletic as Hunt, but now we can use both of them when we need to to do the things we will try to execute.

Go_Eagles77
10-12-2008, 08:32 PM
I love Klecko, I wish the eagles would still play him a little at DT, but he would probably get too worn out.

eaglesalltheway
10-12-2008, 08:45 PM
I love Klecko, I wish the eagles would still play him a little at DT, but he would probably get too worn out.

I thought I saw him in the third quarter, and I got excited because I just like the idea of having a two way player, but then I saw it wasn't him. You are right though, it is best to have him on one side of the ball to keep him fresh.

eaglesalltheway
10-12-2008, 08:46 PM
Check out the thread I just started in here guys. I know you will be interested.

Sniper
10-12-2008, 10:20 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b94648

Watch MJG's block at 0:57ish on Buckhalter's screen pass. Utter sex.

eaglesalltheway
10-13-2008, 06:19 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b94648

Watch MJG's block at 0:57ish on Buckhalter's screen pass. Utter sex.

Didn't even have to watch the video, that is forever burned into the back of my eyelids. I'm glad he's finally getting his chance, although I wish it weren't because of Shawn missing time, but nonetheless, I think he is showing the coaches how deep our O-line, especially the guards are. I think come draft time, with the versatility of Herremans and Andrews, we will only take one O-linemen, even if both Runyan and Thomas will not be back.

Sniper
10-13-2008, 11:37 AM
http://www.philly.com/dailynews/sports/20081013_Eagles_-_Scoring_a_TD_gives_L_J__Smith_s_game_an_upside.ht ml

Maybe if you learned to ******* block and didn't drop every other pass thrown your way, you'd get the rock more. Stop complaining and catch the goddamn ball.

brat316
10-13-2008, 11:40 AM
Trade for Tony G.

eaglesalltheway
10-13-2008, 12:06 PM
Nah, get one early in the draft. I think it could be a good option/possibility though.

bsaza2358
10-13-2008, 12:07 PM
No way the Eagles would trade draft picks and take on Gonzo's contract. They like to get up and coming players on the cheap and with cheap contracts. While he would be a huge upgrade, they won't pull the trigger.

Borat
10-13-2008, 12:15 PM
Congrats on the win yesterday. Took me half a day to get that ****** feeling out of my stomach. You punked us pretty good there in the 4th quarter. Good luck the rest of the year.

DLionALL
10-13-2008, 12:16 PM
That MJG block was out of control, I remember yelling and cheering it on the replays. For a while it looked kinda dim and I was getting frustrated but we hung in there and got a win. Still, we need to look better after Halftime. I think that's our biggest concern. At least we punched it in on the GL.

Sniper
10-13-2008, 12:31 PM
So now the bye week allows guys like Westbrook, Andrews, Curtis, Brown, Reed et al two weeks to get healthy. Probably could not have come at a better time. And Andy Reid doesn't lose the game after the bye week.

Go_Eagles77
10-13-2008, 02:19 PM
Not only was the MJG block awesome, but it was on Patrick Willis of all people.

Sniper
10-13-2008, 02:20 PM

I didn't even notice that. MJG is really good at pulling. He just needs work in pass pro, but I like him more than Herremans.

eaglesalltheway
10-13-2008, 05:36 PM

That is what impressed me most of all. MJG outbeasted a player that defines beast. Everyone able to keep up with that? haha.

eaglesalltheway
10-13-2008, 05:38 PM
I didn't even notice that. MJG is really good at pulling. He just needs work in pass pro, but I like him more than Herremans.

I've been saying that all along, he is very mobile and agile for a guy his size, he is good in space, but like you said, he could improve in pass protection, but he is getting better with every snap.

camp_eagles
10-13-2008, 05:38 PM
I was away for the weekend and missed the game so i was just wondering if someone could give me a summary of the game.

eaglesalltheway
10-13-2008, 05:59 PM
First quarter:
Eagles 3 and out: me angry
Big return for SF, resulting in FG: me angrier
Long KO return: Less Angry
TD: Subdued
Eagle TD: Better
2nd quarter:Lots of long drives for the Niners: Getting angry again
short FG: Distressed, then appeased
Solid drive for the niners, FG: aloof
Blocked 54ish FG for TD return: Keep sharp and heavy object away
3rd quarter
Pretty much the whole thing had me angry, especially Donovan's INT
4th quarter
Anger for a bit, then Eagle frenzy and I am less stressed out.
Check during comercial on Dallas game, they get a BS call, I scream, still angry.
Juqau Parker INT for TD: relaxed and happy.
Game over:
Dallas rally, complete BS from the refs, angry again going to OT
Block by AZ: Happy again.

That was a brief synopsis of my evening yesterday.

Sniper
10-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Hahahahahahahahaha hilarious...

McNabb throwing right to Takeo Spikes=me breaking ****.

cunningham06
10-13-2008, 10:30 PM
God I am having such withdrawals from not being able to see all my Eagles games. I won't have to wait much longer though since our next game is against the Falcons haha I can't wait.

eaglesalltheway
10-14-2008, 06:18 AM
A buddy and i were thinking of going to that game, but since SRO tickets were our best bet, we decided againat it. I want to go to a game soon, I have never been to the Linc for a game.

Sniper
10-14-2008, 12:57 PM
A buddy and i were thinking of going to that game, but since SRO tickets were our best bet, we decided againat it. I want to go to a game soon, I have never been to the Linc for a game.

I've been twice. The Giants game in '06 when Burress caught the game winning TD in OT, and last year's Seahawks game when A.J Feeley threw four picks, three to Lofa Tatupu, including the game-sealer after Westbrook brought a punt back to the Seattle 10. I crashed my car afterwards, it sucked.

I don't know if I want to go back.

eaglesalltheway
10-14-2008, 01:42 PM
I've been twice. The Giants game in '06 when Burress caught the game winning TD in OT, and last year's Seahawks game when A.J Feeley threw four picks, three to Lofa Tatupu, including the game-sealer after Westbrook brought a punt back to the Seattle 10. I crashed my car afterwards, it sucked.

I don't know if I want to go back.

I've only ever been to one Phils game and they lost. I don't even want to experiment if I am a jinx for the Eagles. I like my TV at home, and it is a lot cheaper.

Go_Eagles77
10-14-2008, 02:15 PM
If I ever go to a game any time I will make sure it will be against a really bad team because driving back from Philly would suck if they lost.

eaglesalltheway
10-14-2008, 02:20 PM
Thats what I was debating for the Falcons game. I actually wanted to go to that specific one because I figure we will win it, but it will still be a good game.

Go_Eagles77
10-14-2008, 03:58 PM
While the cowboys trade for Roy Williams, the eagles sign..... Tracy White? Also cut Tony Hunt, *sigh* I had hopes for him.

http://philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=16435

cunningham06
10-14-2008, 07:10 PM
I can't believe the Cowboys got Roy Williams, he is so damn good, but didn't look like it this year bc of how terrible the Lions offense is. I wonder how they will differentiate between the jerseys of Roy Williams the WR and Roy Williams the S.

d34ng3l021
10-14-2008, 11:06 PM
Its kind of lame that you guys have a bye at the same time we do and we both play each other after. Sucks even more Reid is 9-0 after byes. Oh well.

Before the Chicago game I said if we could beat CHI and stay close with Philly, I would consider us legit. Same thing goes. I am really excited to see Matt Ryan respond to the elaborate blitzes. Ryan has only been sacked 7 times this season, which is good for 4th in the league (he took 4 of his sacks against TB). Also, Ryan is the only QB who has started this whole season without being sacked against the blitz. He is terrific against the blitz.

I wonder which Eagles run defense shows up. The one that Portis and Gore tore up or the one that was completely dominant. Should be interesting. I wonder if the Eagles will give Matt Ryan respect of just stack 8-9 in the box to stop Turner. I would hope he gets some respect after his great game against CHI. It should give Turner some breathing room.

I do not like McNabb vs our secondary. He seems to have huge games against sub par secondaries. I hope Abraham can get a ton of pressure on him. He is our only hope.

eaglesalltheway
10-15-2008, 06:14 AM
I can't believe the Cowboys got Roy Williams, he is so damn good, but didn't look like it this year bc of how terrible the Lions offense is. I wonder how they will differentiate between the jerseys of Roy Williams the WR and Roy Williams the S.

Honestly, I was thinking about that too, and since the names are exactly alike, i don't think there is anything they can do It will probably jsut say "Williams" on the back of each of them. It does suck that they will have him for 5 years yet, but the Cowboys did pay a steep price IMO. It is like The one guy on ESPN said, "We can now say this for the first time this year, the Lions won." Ha, made me laugh.

eaglesalltheway
10-15-2008, 06:19 AM
Its kind of lame that you guys have a bye at the same time we do and we both play each other after. Sucks even more Reid is 9-0 after byes. Oh well.

Before the Chicago game I said if we could beat CHI and stay close with Philly, I would consider us legit. Same thing goes. I am really excited to see Matt Ryan respond to the elaborate blitzes. Ryan has only been sacked 7 times this season, which is good for 4th in the league (he took 4 of his sacks against TB). Also, Ryan is the only QB who has started this whole season without being sacked against the blitz. He is terrific against the blitz.

I wonder which Eagles run defense shows up. The one that Portis and Gore tore up or the one that was completely dominant. Should be interesting. I wonder if the Eagles will give Matt Ryan respect of just stack 8-9 in the box to stop Turner. I would hope he gets some respect after his great game against CHI. It should give Turner some breathing room.

I do not like McNabb vs our secondary. He seems to have huge games against sub par secondaries. I hope Abraham can get a ton of pressure on him. He is our only hope.

I think we will get a few sacks, but I don't expect more than three, at the most. Our defense has had a dificult time with balanced RBs. Turner seems pretty balanced, but he leans more toward a power back. I think he could have a good game, but hopefully (for us Eagles fans) we play like we did against Pittsburgh or STL. Even if our top two WRs miss the game, sadly (For Falcons fans anyway) Donovan will be able to pick apart your secondary.

Sniper
10-15-2008, 08:52 AM

Yeah, he's got some kind of magic after bye weeks.

I am really excited to see Matt Ryan respond to the elaborate blitzes.

If Johnson brings them. He alternates high pressure games with very low pressure games. I'd be ******* pissed if he didn't blitz the **** out of Ryan though.

Ryan has only been sacked 7 times this season, which is good for 4th in the league (he took 4 of his sacks against TB). Also, Ryan is the only QB who has started this whole season without being sacked against the blitz. He is terrific against the blitz.

That could definitely change.

I wonder which Eagles run defense shows up. The one that Portis and Gore tore up or the one that was completely dominant. Should be interesting.

Again, it ties into the blitzing. When Johnson brings a base four and drops seven, the Eagles are useless against the pass and the run. When he brings more guys, they're good. There's a strong chance Brodrick Bunkley will eat your interior OL. Literally.

I wonder if the Eagles will give Matt Ryan respect of just stack 8-9 in the box to stop Turner. I would hope he gets some respect after his great game against CHI. It should give Turner some breathing room.

They have the corners to put 8-9 in the box.

The OL has been really good in pass protection this year. I hope to get Shawn Andrews back though, it'd really boost the running game.

eaglesalltheway
10-15-2008, 12:38 PM
I honestly think Andrews will be back, as will Brown and Curtis. I don't really know much about their situations though, I just have this weird gut feeling.

camp_eagles
10-15-2008, 10:42 PM
I honestly think Andrews will be back, as will Brown and Curtis. I don't really know much about their situations though, I just have this weird gut feeling.

I hope your gut is right about Andrews, Brown, and Curtis as long as they dont cut into Desean's PT.

Do you guys think we will sign another DT since we only have 3 on the active roster not including Klecko or Victor.

eaglesalltheway
10-16-2008, 06:15 AM
Apparently we signed a LB to fill the roster spot, I don't remember the name though. He is mostly a Special Teams player though. I was a bit surprised when i found that out as well. But maybe the team has a different insurance policy if one of the DTs woud go down. What is the status on Reagor or (other guy)?

Go_Eagles77
10-16-2008, 06:17 AM
While the cowboys trade for Roy Williams, the eagles sign..... Tracy White? Also cut Tony Hunt, *sigh* I had hopes for him.

http://philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=16435

It's Tracy White.

eaglesalltheway
10-16-2008, 06:21 AM
OK gotcha...

dunagan15
10-17-2008, 01:04 AM
I think we will get a few sacks, but I don't expect more than three, at the most. Our defense has had a dificult time with balanced RBs. Turner seems pretty balanced, but he leans more toward a power back. I think he could have a good game, but hopefully (for us Eagles fans) we play like we did against Pittsburgh or STL. Even if our top two WRs miss the game, sadly (For Falcons fans anyway) Donovan will be able to pick apart your secondary.

Sad but true, McNabb will have a field day and nothing we can do about it except try to hold onto the ball as long as possible and keep up. It worked in the Packers game. Not saying you guys are like the Packers at all, just the same mentality. Rodgers destroyed our DB's but we played just well enough to get the win. Donovan will def. have to have some errors for us to stay close in this one.

I guess I like the underdog role..makes it a little more exciting, should be a good game especially w/ both teams coming off bye weeks.

eaglesalltheway
10-17-2008, 06:22 AM
Sad but true, McNabb will have a field day and nothing we can do about it except try to hold onto the ball as long as possible and keep up. It worked in the Packers game. Not saying you guys are like the Packers at all, just the same mentality. Rodgers destroyed our DB's but we played just well enough to get the win. Donovan will def. have to have some errors for us to stay close in this one.

I guess I like the underdog role..makes it a little more exciting, should be a good game especially w/ both teams coming off bye weeks.

I think you guys aren't giving the Falcons enough credit. If the running game between Turner and Norwood is going, it will really take away from our offenses time of posession, giving us less opportunity to score. If Ryan doesn't turn the ball over and you have your run game going, your chances are pretty good, better than what you guys seem to think anyway.

d34ng3l021
10-17-2008, 10:05 AM
Well I would say that if we got our running game going with Turner and Norwood, and Ryan didnt make any mistakes, we could win any given game. Chances of that happening? The run game has only gotten going 3 times in 6 games.

eaglesalltheway
10-17-2008, 01:55 PM
Our run D has looked great in some games, and then dreadful in others. I say there is about a 50% chance you guys have a good or great day running on us, but if not, don't expect much at all.

Sniper
10-21-2008, 10:37 AM
Donovan McNabb has quietly completed 64% of his passes this year, despite playing without his top two targets.

bsaza2358
10-21-2008, 10:38 AM
Playing without his top 2 targets and 2 games without Westbrook.

iloxygenil
10-21-2008, 10:41 AM
I think you guys aren't giving the Falcons enough credit. If the running game between Turner and Norwood is going, it will really take away from our offenses time of posession, giving us less opportunity to score. If Ryan doesn't turn the ball over and you have your run game going, your chances are pretty good, better than what you guys seem to think anyway.

I'm just really high on Philly. I think you've underperformed to this point in the season and you guys are about to turn it on. I know we can play possession, but you guys can basically score at will with that offense so I see it being tough. I know we can grind it out, but when we've been doing that we've settled for FGs too many times. IF we can punch it in on long drives I like our chances, but I like Philly's defensive style. The matchup seems to be all Eagles.

Turner and Norwood make one hell of a duo, and if Ryan continues to play like he has of late, yeah, we'll be in the game, but that's the story every week, I just don't think we have the talent that Philly has overall. I had them winning the East this year, still think they can easily.

iloxygenil
10-21-2008, 10:42 AM
Donovan McNabb has quietly completed 64% of his passes this year, despite playing without his top two targets.

Oh yeah, he's back, no question about it. I just hope that Babs can get into him again...flashback from a couple years ago.

I do love the matchup of Abe vs your OL, actually our DL if Anderson plays at the level he did last game could really be a problem creator, but all those screen passes we're going to have to make plays on early, cause if not we're going to lose the confidence to pin their ears back.

eaglesalltheway
10-21-2008, 11:54 AM
I'm just really high on Philly. I think you've underperformed to this point in the season and you guys are about to turn it on. I know we can play possession, but you guys can basically score at will with that offense so I see it being tough. I know we can grind it out, but when we've been doing that we've settled for FGs too many times. IF we can punch it in on long drives I like our chances, but I like Philly's defensive style. The matchup seems to be all Eagles.

Turner and Norwood make one hell of a duo, and if Ryan continues to play like he has of late, yeah, we'll be in the game, but that's the story every week, I just don't think we have the talent that Philly has overall. I had them winning the East this year, still think they can easily.

I agree that we have underperformed, but we have the same problems in the red zone you do, maybe worse. I expect the Eagles to win, undoubtedly, but I think it will be closer than some of you guys are expecting. maybe liek a 27-24 or something like that.

eaglesalltheway
10-21-2008, 11:55 AM

If the Eagles were undefeated or 5-1, maybe even 4-2 he would be in the fornt for MVP right now IMO.

Sniper
10-21-2008, 12:02 PM
I agree that we have underperformed, but we have the same problems in the red zone you do, maybe worse. I expect the Eagles to win, undoubtedly, but I think it will be closer than some of you guys are expecting. maybe liek a 27-24 or something like that.

I don't think Atlanta scores 24.

d34ng3l021
10-21-2008, 02:30 PM
A lot of people take our offense for granted, but its pretty good and balanced. If we can just fix our redzone offense...

So are both Brown and Curtis back? Along with Westbrook? That troubles me.

eaglesalltheway
10-22-2008, 06:12 AM
I haven't heard anything on anybody but Westbrook. Last week I had a gut feeling that Westy, Andrews, and both the WRs would be back. So far, all we've heard about is Westy. I'm sure as the week progresses we will hear more, but i still feel all of them will be back.

camp_eagles
10-22-2008, 10:48 AM
Shawn Andrews has a Herniated Disk and will be out for 6 weeks to 3 months. He had surgery yesterday in LA. According to Rick Burkholder.

eaglesalltheway
10-22-2008, 03:08 PM
Damn, that sucks. Wow, my gut was a bit off

iloxygenil
10-23-2008, 10:05 AM
Shawn Andrews has a Herniated Disk and will be out for 6 weeks to 3 months. He had surgery yesterday in LA. According to Rick Burkholder.

Wow that's a pretty huge blow. Lets hope Babs can take advantage.

Sniper
10-23-2008, 10:08 AM
Wow that's a pretty huge blow. Lets hope Babs can take advantage.

Max Jean-Gilles has done a wonderful job filling in at RG. Obviously he's not Andrews, but he's been really, really good.

d34ng3l021
10-23-2008, 12:19 PM
Yeah thats true. Hopefully Bab's speed and explosiveness can give him the advantage in pass rushing situations. He could have a big game if he can use his leverage properly. He will suck in the run game though.

Go_Eagles77
10-23-2008, 01:41 PM
We signed FB Kyle Eckel, I guess that's an upgrade over a converted HB and DT. lol. Also cut JR Reed, that kinda sucks because he was a great story, but I think it was the right move.

Sniper
10-23-2008, 01:46 PM
We signed FB Kyle Eckel, I guess that's an upgrade over a converted HB and DT. lol. Also cut JR Reed, that kinda sucks because he was a great story, but I think it was the right move.

I saw that. I don't like cutting Reed, however, because that means that Demps is in the two-deep at safety, and I don't think he's ready. I don't see why the Eagles couldn't have cut Lorenzo Booker, Matt Schobel, or better yet, Sean Considine instead.

eaglesalltheway
10-23-2008, 02:35 PM

Yeah a two year deal, I wonder if that is a valid indicator or anything. I guess now we know why they went with a LB and not a DT. It sucks that JR is gone. One of my favorite guys over the past few years. It figures, I get his autograph and now he isn't on the team. No more autographs for me, ever, i don't care if Joe Blow from Idaho walks up to me.

eaglesalltheway
10-23-2008, 02:37 PM
Max Jean-Gilles has done a wonderful job filling in at RG. Obviously he's not Andrews, but he's been really, really good.

he may have trouble in pass protection if Babineaux is as quick as he is billed. But MJG has been a monster in the run game, and has been good on screens. (Not saying that just because of two weeks ago either.) As I recall, I was one of the few members here who said MJg had good mobility.

Sniper
10-23-2008, 02:46 PM
he may have trouble in pass protection if Babineaux is as quick as he is billed. But MJG has been a monster in the run game, and has been good on screens. (Not saying that just because of two weeks ago either.) As I recall, I was one of the few members here who said MJg had good mobility.

MJG's mobility at his size is what makes him as good as he's been.

d34ng3l021
10-23-2008, 02:54 PM
Come on now. Mobility at 360 might as well be not mobility at all. ;)