PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Eagles Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Sniper
10-23-2008, 02:58 PM
Come on now. Mobility at 360 might as well be not mobility at all. ;)

Watch MJG at 0:57ish...that's Patrick Willis flying.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b94648

d34ng3l021
10-23-2008, 03:08 PM
Watch MJG at 0:57ish...that's Patrick Willis flying.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b94648

Wait. Is that block the one where he gets him low? Hes the RG, right? Its all right...

eaglesalltheway
10-24-2008, 06:15 AM
I know you aree joking, but for his size, they don't get much more mobile or agile, if at all.

Go_Eagles77
10-24-2008, 01:44 PM
MJG should be a full time starter, I just don't think he's a great fit at LG. I wouldn't be completely shocked if the eagles want to stick with him and try to trade Shawn Andrews for as much as they can get.

Sniper
10-24-2008, 02:44 PM
MJG should be a full time starter, I just don't think he's a great fit at LG. I wouldn't be completely shocked if the eagles want to stick with him and try to trade Shawn Andrews for as much as they can get.

Or let's not do something incredibly stupid, and instead move Andrews to RT.

eaglesalltheway
10-24-2008, 03:18 PM

The only ONLY way we would trade Shawn Andrews away would be if someone offered us at least two first rounders for him. He could fit at RG. The assginments are pretty much the same because of our offense's blocking scheme. MJG can handle LG. I think you are hesitant to it because you are used to the more athletic Herremans there, I don't know though. Personally, I think if Mike McGlynn was being looked at as a LG, MJG should at least have that chance as well.

Go_Eagles77
10-24-2008, 03:19 PM
I said it wouldn't surprise me if they did it, it wasn't my idea.

eaglesalltheway
10-24-2008, 03:20 PM
Or let's not do something incredibly stupid, and instead move Andrews to RT.

To be honest, I think our Oline situation would be best if Andrews stayed at RG, Jamaal Jackson stay at C, MJG assume the LG responsibilities, Herremans goes to RT, and we get a replacement for the future at LT.

eaglesalltheway
10-24-2008, 03:23 PM
I have seen a lot of mock drafts that have the Eagles signing Stacey Andrews in the off-season. I think this is a very intriguing idea. He is a very good Ot who is relativley young. He is Shawn Andrews' brother. I think he could be a potential RT. I think if the Eagles would sign him that is where he would go, and if Thomas leaves this season (which I think he will) Herremans wil slide out to LT, and MJG goes to LG. that would mean that we do not need to look at OL in the first round. I don't know how feasible this scenario is but what are everybody's opinions/viewpoints on it?

brat316
11-02-2008, 06:29 PM
YES Brent is a legit TE. I know its one game but a big game, hopefully he continues doing this with LJ out.

Then we can get rid of LJ smith

brat316
11-02-2008, 06:31 PM
Also B-Dawks is age is really starting to show in these last 2 games.

renegade
11-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Brent Celek needs to start, he made big plays today which was considered a weakness and he stretched the field. I think if he continues to show this type of ability he will jump LJ on the depth chart.

Oh, and I saw something about the o-line, I just want to throw Mike McGlynn's name in there, I really like him and I think he would be a very solid starter for the Eagles, he's tough, mean and versatile. I think he is one of those guys who you stick on the line and he'll do his job just fine for 7-8 years. I also think King Dunlap has alot of potential, he played extremely well during the pre-season and I'm interested to see how good he can become.

Oh and a 3 game winning streak, we're 5-3 and on pace to go 10-6 which should get us in the playoffs. We play a relatively easy schedule the rest of the way with the exception of division games.

eaglesalltheway
11-03-2008, 06:39 AM
YES Brent is a legit TE. I know its one game but a big game, hopefully he continues doing this with LJ out.

Then we can get rid of LJ smith

Like you said it is only one game. I want to see it on a more consistent basis until we anoint him as our futture TE. As I said before, he has it all there, he just needs to put it all together. Yesterday, he did just that. Hopefully he can keep it up so TE is less of a need, or not even a need at all.

eaglesalltheway
11-03-2008, 06:40 AM
Also B-Dawks is age is really starting to show in these last 2 games.

Its shown the entire season. He can't keep up like he used to and he doesn't change direction really well anymore. He can still really lay the wood though...

eaglesalltheway
11-03-2008, 06:47 AM
Brent Celek needs to start, he made big plays today which was considered a weakness and he stretched the field. I think if he continues to show this type of ability he will jump LJ on the depth chart.

Oh, and I saw something about the o-line, I just want to throw Mike McGlynn's name in there, I really like him and I think he would be a very solid starter for the Eagles, he's tough, mean and versatile. I think he is one of those guys who you stick on the line and he'll do his job just fine for 7-8 years. I also think King Dunlap has alot of potential, he played extremely well during the pre-season and I'm interested to see how good he can become.

Oh and a 3 game winning streak, we're 5-3 and on pace to go 10-6 which should get us in the playoffs. We play a relatively easy schedule the rest of the way with the exception of division games.

I do think Celek should see more PT, if not starting. It is pretty obvious now we aren't going to get much mroe out of LJ, so it would be nice to better gauge what we have in Celek. As i said before, he just needs to keep it up. TE is still a major need IMO, but if Celek can finish the year strong, TE may only be a need later on in the draft.

Both have a lot of potential, but neither have seen the field except for preseason. Both are on "IR" their rookie years. I think Dunlap could have a very successful career at least as a backup at LT. He showed in the preseason that he can play there, and once he improves his technique and strength, he can only get better. McGlynn is a tough SOB, and i like that in my OL. He plays nasty, but personally, neither have shown enough to me to show that we don't have to worry about either position. Maybe the coaching staff disagrees with me, they see each on a consistent basis, so we'll see.

It is a relatively easy non-division schedule, but that really means nothing. We were supposed to beat Chicago, but it didn't happen.

renegade
11-07-2008, 06:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCzGiMwzQhs&feature=related
^^^
Just found this, I like the swagger they bring to the team. DeSean and Quintin FTW! <3

Sheldon Brown is statistically the 2nd best CB in the NFL (Behind Aso)
Last Week (vs. SEA): 7 attempts, 7 yards, 4 INC forced
Season Total: 30 attempts, 3.10 YPA, 46.67 Forced INC%, 0 TDs

Asante Samuel is the 23rd ranked CB in the NFL this season.
Last Week (vs. SEA): 4 attempts, 0 yards, 2 INC forced
Season Total: 43 attempts, 6.79 YPA, 39.53 Forced INC%, 3 TDs

Both ranked in the top 25 so far...BTW, Brown's 3.1 YPA average is best in the NFL by a long shot...closest is Al Harris (3.58 )..Asomugha in comparison, 3.82.

I think Brown deserves a nice pay day at the end of this season. He's given up a whopping 93 yards so far. Samuel has given up around 280 in comparison. Sheppard has been cooked for alot more.

I posted this in the Official CB Disscussion Thread, Figured I'd post it here as well.

Wow, I'm ready for the Giants, I just hope the Eagles bring their A game.

eaglesalltheway
11-08-2008, 07:30 AM
As do I I think as long as we can generate a pass rush and cover well our defense will have a good chance of holding Eli back in the passing game. But what we really need to do is shut down their run game. Their offense thrives on running the ball. They are the #1 rush offense in the NFL. If we can get ahead early and take away their rushing attack (to a degree), perhaps we can force Eli into some mistakes. We just need our O to get consistent drives and do a decent to good job in the red zone.

eaglesalltheway
11-08-2008, 07:34 AM
I for one would like to be the first to congradulate the Eagles' own Hank Baskett on "nailing down" one of the hotest bachelorettes in the country. This lucky duckling, as reported by the TV show "Chelsea Lately", recently became engaged to Kendra from "The Girls Next Door". Our feathered friend stole one of the hottest women (although intelligence will really come into question) from underneath the original playboy. Good Luck Hank, and enjoy the honeymoon;).

renegade
11-10-2008, 01:24 AM
Well, the defense couldn't stop the run all that well tonight and the offense looked anemic, the game was much closer than it should've been. The Eagles didn't give up a sack however which is a plus. Something needs to happen with the Eagles, they're very hit and miss. The Eagles need a decent TE, a #1 WR, and a power RB. But part of the reason might be because of Shawn Andrews being injured. We all took him for granted and without him, the run game has been average at best. The Defense, I think they just had an off night, they're usually one of the best against the run, and as they gain experience there will be no stopping them.

bsaza2358
11-10-2008, 08:39 AM
The Eagles had zero continuity or real identity last night. They were able to move the ball through the air, but they abandoned most of the run game. I liked the outside run with Westbrook on third and 3, but the 4th and 1 should have been some sort of curl/drag type thing. Put the ball in McNabb's hands. Period.

I agree that the defense's performance was poor. The Giants OLine is very good, but not that good. Jacobs and Ward carved us up. They were worn down and too tired to finish. Period.

camp_eagles
11-10-2008, 11:00 AM
I cant believe the game was as close as it was, we should have been blown out.
Heres some of my random thoughts about the Game:
Do not take Desean off the field.
Oline had great Pass Protection all game.
DLine needs to rotate more. (I hope we sign another DT at some point to round out the rotation)
I would love to see more Wildcat.
I would like some more plays to Baskett and not just near the Goal line.

renegade
11-10-2008, 02:16 PM
I only saw about 1/2 the game in bits and pieces but when I saw the game, the Giants looked far superior. I can't figure out why we were so bad against the run though, Bradley is a good MLB and had 13 tackles so it wasn't him, was it the DT's? Chris Gocong? what was it, because the team was/is built to stop the run not get gashed by it. Jacob's is unstoppable, I knew he was a tank but christ, the man is a monster. The Eagles would stop him but then he would push on for 3-4 more yards, the man is a straight up beast and the Eagles better get someone to stop him soon, because he isn't going anywhere.

Sniper
11-10-2008, 02:17 PM
Bradley got a lot of tackles downfield. Way downfield. Another prime "Rush four and drop seven" JJ bust job.

Sniper
11-10-2008, 02:19 PM
Jacob's is unstoppable

Please, I beg of you. Don't put apostrophe just to put an apostrophe. It's Jacobs. No apostrophe. And in response to Gocong, he's awful. Just brutal. He'd be a good 3-4 OLB, but he has no business in a 4-3.

renegade
11-10-2008, 02:33 PM
Please, I beg of you. Don't put apostrophe just to put an apostrophe. It's Jacobs. No apostrophe. And in response to Gocong, he's awful. Just brutal. He'd be a good 3-4 OLB, but he has no business in a 4-3.

my bad, I'd be more concerned if my grammar actually mattered on here.

Gocong is meant for a 3-4 and I have wanted him gone for a while (before the draft) because I knew this would happen. He can't cover anyone and he is overrated against the run. The Eagles need to bring someone in like Aaron Curry or Sergio Kindle (who is the second coming of Julian Peterson IMO).

Also, I know a lot of you are hesitant to say this but here it goes. Andy is not that great of a coach, he's been good but he has also had one of the best defensive coordinators in the game on his side which helped him a lot. I give him credit, because he knows how to build a team but as an "in-game" coach there are much better. Last night only showed this with the bad challenges and bad clock management and bad play calling down the stretch, and I like Andy he took the franchise out of the gutter and has done extremely well but I am beginning to think his time is dwindling. He does that every game, bad clock management and bad play calling and it is super frustrating to watch the Eagles lose because of the coach. Now, I'm not sure if Marty is calling the plays but if he is, Andy needs to take back the reigns to the offense. Part of me wants a new coach but the other half says "No, he has been great for the Eagles and the big guy is due.", but with every game the second half of my brain loses more and more faith, but I digress.

Sniper
11-10-2008, 02:37 PM
See my anger-filled posts in the Week 10 Discussion Thread.

renegade
11-10-2008, 03:22 PM
There are quite a few anger filled posts.

This team never ceases to amaze me. Never. You're not a ************* short-yardage team, you dumb ****. You don't have a fullback. You don't have your Pro Bowl RG in. YOU DUMB FAT **** ANDY!

If anyone ever says Andy Reid is a good coach ever again, they get stabbed in the nuts. Period.

8-8 for the Eagles. Sweet. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, you fat bastard.

It's not just tonight. He has a horrendous track record of poor clock management, terrible challenges, abandoning the run too easily (I don't think the Eagles ran back to back plays until the last two, when they shouldn't have), disregarding obvious needs in the draft, and basically being a dumb ****.

The Eagles have lost by four, four, six, and five points. Don't tell me time management and short yardage failures don't play a role in that ****.

Brian Westbrook had 16 touches in the (so far) biggest game of the year. But hey, I'm sure that's because throwing to Dumb **** #1 and Dumb **** #2 is way more important.

EPIC ******* FAIL.

Which anger filled post were you reffering to?

Broderick Bunkley eats babies!

renegade
11-10-2008, 04:08 PM
Also on that third and 1, the Eagles should not have ran a sweep with Westbrook. McNabb should have made a QB sneak, we should've ran with Klecko up the middle, or with Kyle Eckel. Use a wildcat formation with D-Jack taking the direct snap.

Todd Bertuzzi
11-10-2008, 05:17 PM
3 things:
1-Eagles need to draft or sign a fullback or a good short yardage running back for next year.
2-I hope those play calls at the end of the game don't end up coming back to haunt Andy Reid.
and 3-We need to win some divisional games or we are screwed(kinda obvious but I am just irate at this fact).

renegade
11-10-2008, 05:22 PM
We did sign a good short yardage FB in Kyle Eckel but the Eagles for some reason refuse to use him. Last season he scored TDs for the Pats as the back-up FB, and he was a good RB at Navy. He is a hometown guy, he was born in Philadelphia.

Here he is at Navy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3gVzMuXK0o

Todd Bertuzzi
11-10-2008, 05:27 PM
We did sign a good short yardage FB in Kyle Eckel but the Eagles for some reason refuse to use him. Last season he scored TDs for the Pats as the back-up FB, and he was a good RB at Navy. He is a hometown guy, he was born in Philadelphia.

Here he is at Navy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3gVzMuXK0o

Ya the only FB they've used is Klecko and he hasn't touched the ball he's only been brought out to block and act as a decoy for a couple plays.

renegade
11-10-2008, 05:48 PM
Ya the only FB they've used is Klecko and he hasn't touched the ball he's only been brought out to block and act as a decoy for a couple plays.

Klecko would be unstoppable on short runs, he'd be like the Brandon Jacobs of FBs. But Andy refuses to use him as well.

He also didn't use Buckhalter very much at all, Buckhalter averaged 10,5 yards a carry last night on his 2 carries! The Eagles were very obviously struggling with the run, so get the guy who's running well in there. Then add the fact that Buck has a good history against the Giants and I don't know what Andy was thinking.

The Giants nearly doubled the Eagles time of possesion as well.

Why does the defense freeze-up on nationally televised games? First against the Cowboys and now against the Giants and those were arguably the two most important games so far for the Eagles.

Todd Bertuzzi
11-10-2008, 06:29 PM
Don't forget the Bears game where a good short yardage back would have helped as well. And here's a fact: The Eagles had the ball for only 90s in the 1st quarter.

camp_eagles
11-10-2008, 09:08 PM
Also Why on 3rd down did we run the sweep to the short side? And a Goalline runner isnt going to fix this teams problems but it would be nice to have one. I would much rather see a shovel pass on short yardage than a run. And Andy has made alot of terrible decisions this year.

Todd Bertuzzi
11-10-2008, 09:18 PM
Also Why on 3rd down did we run the sweep to the short side? And a Goalline runner isnt going to fix this teams problems but it would be nice to have one. I would much rather see a shovel pass on short yardage than a run. And Andy has made alot of terrible decisions this year.

It won't solve our problems, but it is something we lack.

ryan0022
11-11-2008, 02:25 PM
A big back would help in short yardage but like many have said it's not going to solve the problems... I think it has to do with coaching and the play calls I mean 3rd and short and 4th and short and Reid calls basically the same play... Not only was it the same play but it was a BAD same play. Teams that are good in short yardage don't run the ball on a sweep to pick up a yard or two why run 5 yards outside before you run 1 yard upfield, not to mention twice in a row.

If they were set on running in that situation I would have liked to see westbrook and buckhalter in the backfield split and give the ball to buck up the middle while west goes outside to draw away some on the linebackers. But that's just my idea and i certainly don't get paid to calls offensive plays.... Not sure Andy or Marty should either though!!!

camp_eagles
11-16-2008, 04:17 PM
I cant believe we tied Cincy I understand that they gave the giants and the boys problems but this game was terrible. I believe there are some moves the Eagles should make to win if not that then they will make me a little bit happier.
- Bench Curtis in favour of Baskett (The drops were bad enough add in the fact that he cant get open and the PI penalty at the end)
- Cut Lorenzo Booker (I dont care who takes his spot but if he is just going to be inactive every week then we are better off with a practice squad player up here)

cunningham06
11-16-2008, 05:15 PM
This team just lacks mental toughness. The mark of a good team is the ability to go out week in and week out and play well with consistency. This team has the talent to beat anyone, but you never know what you are gonna get with the Eagles and they can almost never put all the pieces together. The last time I was really satisfied that we played well in all aspects of the game was in week 1 against the Rams.

We are a solid team, but need upgrades in several key areas. We need to heavily pursue Anquan Boldin this offseason, he would make our offense immeasurably better. Other positions I feel like we could upgrade are at DE, and SAM. Trent Cole is a great player, but I prefer Juqua Parker as a situational pass rusher. If we could put a freak athlete like a Brian Orakpo across from Cole we would terrorize offensive lines kind of like the Giants do. I know we have a lot of sacks, but a lot of those have come at the very end of games where it doesn't really effect the outcome. As for SAM, I think the world of Gaither and Bradley, but Gocong lacks consistency and will never be a dominant strongside linebacker. If we could get someone like Aaron Curry, this LB unit would be plain nasty.

Our offensive mentality just doesn't make sense based on how good our defense can be. We are way too pass happy, and could use a power running game to wear down other teams defenses. A good defense and a good ground game are a recipe for success. Look at the Giants and the Titans, they are doing quite well with that gameplan. I like McNabb, but he's not able to carry this team when the running game is non existent. We give up on the run too easily, and could benefit by running a dual RB system with a big powerful running back.

Maybe I'm just frustrated and ranting, but some changes need to be made because this team has too much talent to not be making the playoffs. My apologies for how long and unorganized this is.

renegade
11-16-2008, 05:49 PM
This team just lacks mental toughness. The mark of a good team is the ability to go out week in and week out and play well with consistency. This team has the talent to beat anyone, but you never know what you are gonna get with the Eagles and they can almost never put all the pieces together. The last time I was really satisfied that we played well in all aspects of the game was in week 1 against the Rams.

We are a solid team, but need upgrades in several key areas. We need to heavily pursue Anquan Boldin this offseason, he would make our offense immeasurably better. Other positions I feel like we could upgrade are at DE, and SAM. Trent Cole is a great player, but I prefer Juqua Parker as a situational pass rusher. If we could put a freak athlete like a Brian Orakpo across from Cole we would terrorize offensive lines kind of like the Giants do. I know we have a lot of sacks, but a lot of those have come at the very end of games where it doesn't really effect the outcome. As for SAM, I think the world of Gaither and Bradley, but Gocong lacks consistency and will never be a dominant strongside linebacker. If we could get someone like Aaron Curry, this LB unit would be plain nasty.

Our offensive mentality just doesn't make sense based on how good our defense can be. We are way too pass happy, and could use a power running game to wear down other teams defenses. A good defense and a good ground game are a recipe for success. Look at the Giants and the Titans, they are doing quite well with that gameplan. I like McNabb, but he's not able to carry this team when the running game is non existent. We give up on the run too easily, and could benefit by running a dual RB system with a big powerful running back.

Maybe I'm just frustrated and ranting, but some changes need to be made because this team has too much talent to not be making the playoffs. My apologies for how long and unorganized this is.

My thoughts EXACTLY, from the first letter to the last period.

Also I think that the lack of mental toughness could be attributed to Andy Reid, was never a tough coach in my mind, has never ran a tough team (SO pass happy), and now it is transferring over to the mental toughness now.

a couple guys currently on the staff that IMO are ready to take over a head coaching spot or a coordinator spot.

QB Coach- Pat Shurmer, QB wiz, I think he is comprable to Jim Zorn, young offensive mind. Some sites list him as a guy who could make the jump to a HC spot, I would like to see him as the Eagles offensive coordinator. Eagles website lists him as a "rising star in the NFL's coaching ranks"

secondary coach- Sean McDermott has worked with Jim Johnson for about 10 years now and has done a good job no matter what position he has coached. He has coached both the secondary and the linebackers in the past. He knows the system inside out. Eagles site calls him a "top young defensive mind"

O-Line Coach- Jaun Castillo is one of the best offensive line coaches in the NFL and he is still relatively young (late 40's I believe). He has been phenomenal for the Eagles and has been around for a long time on the Eagles staff. He seems like he would be a good fit as a head coach somewhere eventually, seeing as he develops young talent extremely well.

Zyro_1014
11-16-2008, 07:14 PM
Lets go after Jacobs in Free Agency! big back to go with Westbrook. I wanna see some toughness!

cunningham06
11-16-2008, 07:29 PM
First and foremost, we need to get a real fullback...

Zyro_1014
11-16-2008, 09:50 PM

gotta talk up my boy Havili from USC! love that guy! best FB in the country :)

eaglesalltheway
11-18-2008, 10:24 AM

I was so pissed that we didn't look FB in the draft last year, I really wanted Hillis, as many of us did, and now that he is showing what he can do in Denver, it is proving to be even more disheartening watching him perform well over there. He is the perfect FB for our offense. But with the struggles of our run game, perhaps we need more of a force at FB, who will rip apart defneses, like the other FB who was rated highly last year (name). He is over in Seattle now, but hasn't got much PT. Either one would have been great, but no, AR decides "lets try Tony Hunt..." Oh god, makes me sick. I'm sorry this post is so negative, but with the crap that has been said by Donovan and AR I am just in a sour mood when it comes to the Eagles.

Sniper
11-18-2008, 10:33 AM
gotta talk up my boy Havili from USC! love that guy! best FB in the country :)

Meh...Havili is good, and he catches/runs the ball well. However, I'd prefer a Jon Ritchie-type smasher.

Sniper
11-18-2008, 10:34 AM
EATW, you're thinking of Owen Schmitt from WVU.

eaglesalltheway
11-18-2008, 10:45 AM

Agreed. Through and Through. We need someone to go doewn there and slap some sense into these guy.

Boldin would be sick. He is my dream receiver right now. But it may be easier to go after Housh, I know he is older, but he is a great WR (showed it against us as well) who would improve our offense and would be a little cheaper IMO. He wouldn't have quite the impact of a Boldin, but it is an upgrade either way.

I like our DEs the way it is personally. Cole is a top notch RDE, and Parker has shown that he is a great player in his own right. I have been a supporter of his for a while (unlike many of you it seems) and he is beginning to prove it. Abiamiri is back and in his limited action the past three weeks he has shown some promise, and added versatility (slides in to DT on occasion)

I am a big fan of Aaron Curry. I also am supporter of Gocong though. He has struggled at times, but most of the defense has as well. He is inconsistent as a pass rusher and in coverage, but he is a force in the run game. 57 is always near the ball if it is a run. It is uncanny. Both him and Bradley seem magnetized to the RB when thewy have the ball. It is a concern, but I wouldn't put SLB as a major, major need. If we can find someone in the early second day who they think is an upgrade, I say go for it, its worth a shot, but don't be surprised if Gocong holds onto the spot anyway.

This is something that seems like a broken record, but here we go again. We have the heaviest (I believe) O-line in the NFL. 4 of the starters are spectacular run blockers. (Both Andrews and MJG are road graters) Herremans is a balanced LG. He is not as good of a run blocker as the rest of our OL, but is still a solid run blocker nonetheless. Why do we not run the ball more often? Andy Reid being a fat man, (actually a compliment to a fellow linemen, though it doesn't seem so) you'd think he would have the mentality of stuffing it down their throat. Nah, instead he brings out the mentality of his other position, Kicker. Andy Reid was also a kicker in high school, and he coaches with that type of mentality at times. We should run the ball at least 20 times in a game every week. We have a huge, strong OL that can move people, and one of the top RBs in the NFL, with a very, very strong backup in Bucky. It just doesn't make sense. The WR corp is better than many years, except for Curtis, but still, I think this offense would succeed more with an identitiy of a smashmouth running style than the finesse pass-happy, cutesy crap that we pull. If we would hammer out time of posession and take up clock, our D, which is still really ******* good, would be even better.

I too am ranting and will apologize for this unnecessarily long reply...haha

Sniper
11-18-2008, 10:46 AM
I'm still amazed the Eagles threw the ball 76% of the time. Brian Westbrook had <20 touches. That's incredible.

eaglesalltheway
11-18-2008, 11:02 AM
I'm still amazed the Eagles threw the ball 76% of the time. Brian Westbrook had <20 touches. That's incredible.

I'm not... The first two runs didn't work, and that is when AR decides to never use it again. But looky here, once they try it agian they atart wippin out 5-6 ypc. Ugh.

I know there is a thread on it already but I cannot beleive that Donovan didn't know the game can end in a tie. This is the most aggrevated I've ever been at the Eagles organization in my entire life. I have been one of the biggest supporters of McNabb and Reid, but this week really chipped away at the foundation of my support for them... My sister, who has watched maybe a total of two games in her entire life knew it could end in a ties. Just makes me sick. I said it while I was watching trhe game with my friends and I'll say it again... I would have rathered they just lose...

cunningham06
11-18-2008, 12:40 PM
I would have rathered they just lose...

Agreed, the record of 5-4-1 is fugly as hell. It just looks stupid and we basically played that game for nothing.

Zyro_1014
11-18-2008, 02:05 PM
Meh...Havili is good, and he catches/runs the ball well. However, I'd prefer a Jon Ritchie-type smasher.

i wouldnt mind that one bit either...clear the way for BW.

Havili would bring another sick dimension to the offense tho..

eaglesalltheway
11-18-2008, 02:08 PM
Agreed, the record of 5-4-1 is fugly as hell. It just looks stupid and we basically played that game for nothing.

plus you can't just say you lost, you have to explain about the tie and how it was to the Bengals... I hate ties in football and honestly think they should try like it is in college. It would be so much more exciting. Either that or play until someone scores, no matter what, anything other than a tie.

Now whenever someone looks back on AR or Donovan's recodr there will be x-x-1. How dumb is that?

cunningham06
11-18-2008, 03:10 PM
I'm not... The first two runs didn't work, and that is when AR decides to never use it again. But looky here, once they try it agian they atart wippin out 5-6 ypc. Ugh.

I know there is a thread on it already but I cannot beleive that Donovan didn't know the game can end in a tie. This is the most aggrevated I've ever been at the Eagles organization in my entire life. I have been one of the biggest supporters of McNabb and Reid, but this week really chipped away at the foundation of my support for them... My sister, who has watched maybe a total of two games in her entire life knew it could end in a ties. Just makes me sick. I said it while I was watching trhe game with my friends and I'll say it again... I would have rathered they just lose...

Ya we always knew Donovan wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed but damn, I wonder what he thought that third little 0 in the wins column stood for?

eaglesalltheway
11-21-2008, 10:33 AM
Ya we always knew Donovan wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed but damn, I wonder what he thought that third little 0 in the wins column stood for?

MAybe he thought it was like hockey...:)

Zyro_1014
11-22-2008, 04:41 PM
MAybe he thought it was like hockey...:)

oh god...dont go there.

camp_eagles
11-23-2008, 03:32 PM
Exactly how long till the Draft?

D-Unit
11-23-2008, 03:34 PM
Exactly how long till the Draft?
What do you guys need most?

renegade
11-23-2008, 03:40 PM

Andy Reid I hate you, Kevin Kolb you suck and Jim Johnson how do you let such a bad offense do so well on one of your defenses??

YOU SUCK! God that was a frustrating game.

The Eagles need this offseason a lot and this upcoming draft is extremely important.

D-Unit
11-23-2008, 04:08 PM

Andy Reid I hate you, Kevin Kolb you suck and Jim Johnson how do you let such a bad offense do so well on one of your defenses??

YOU SUCK! God that was a frustrating game.

The Eagles need this offseason a lot and this upcoming draft is extremely important.
I take it you want Patrick Chung? He should be available to you in the 3rd.

renegade
11-23-2008, 05:43 PM
I take it you want Patrick Chung? He should be available to you in the 3rd.

That has no relevance. The Eagles need a lot more than 1 guy, they play soft and it comes from the top. Andy Reid is a soft coach and for the 2nd time in two weeks he has shown his stupidity, last weeks play calling in OT and this week he didn't tell McNabb or Kolb that Kolb was starting the second half, so starting someone who is essentially a rookie, on the road against the NFL's second ranked defense with no warning, Andy is smart.

Overall the team needs to become more tough and get some more grit about them.

Todd Bertuzzi
11-23-2008, 06:40 PM
That has no relevance. The Eagles need a lot more than 1 guy, they play soft and it comes from the top. Andy Reid is a soft coach and for the 2nd time in two weeks he has shown his stupidity, last weeks play calling in OT and this week he didn't tell McNabb or Kolb that Kolb was starting the second half, so starting someone who is essentially a rookie, on the road against the NFL's second ranked defense with no warning, Andy is smart.

Overall the team needs to become more tough and get some more grit about them.

Don't forget in the 4th quarter when a touchdown would have made it a 1 possesion(8 point game), when the Eagles had 2nd and goal with only inches to go, Reid elects to call a passing play with a rookie QB in there against one of the best defenses in the league and the result is the longest interception return in NFL history. This could have all been avoided if we had a good short yardage back and a coach who doesn't keep making bad calls. I like the guy, but he's really been digging himself a hole.

renegade
11-23-2008, 06:43 PM
Don't forget in the 4th quarter when a touchdown would have made it a 1 possesion(8 point game), when the Eagles had 2nd and goal with only inches to go, Reid elects to call a passing play with a rookie QB in there against one of the best defenses in the league and the result is the longest interception return in NFL history. This could have all been avoided if we had a good short yardage back and a coach who doesn't keep making bad calls. I like the guy, but he's really been digging himself a hole.

Andy seems to have lost his touch. This has been the pattern all year and it is sad to see such a talented team lose due to poor coaching and playcalling.

Who starts Thursday, Kolb or McNabb?

Eaglez.Fan
11-23-2008, 06:45 PM
I don't blame Reid on those calls. The eagles have proven they cannot convert on 3rd or 4th and short. And McNabb will start.

Todd Bertuzzi
11-23-2008, 06:45 PM
Andy seems to have lost his touch. This has been the pattern all year and it is sad to see such a talented team lose due to poor coaching and playcalling.

Who starts Thursday, Kolb or McNabb?

McKolb?

but seriously gotta be Mcnabb

Zyro_1014
11-23-2008, 06:51 PM
They better start McNabb...

Im sorry but i do not see Kolb as a franchise QB, idk how much longer we will have McNabb but still, we drafted Kolb with the intentions of him being the next QB if i remember right and i just dont see that.

renegade
11-23-2008, 07:12 PM
If the Eagles have a losing record with 3 games left I want Kolb to start.

camp_eagles
11-23-2008, 07:26 PM

Im sorry but i do not see Kolb as a franchise QB, idk how much longer we will have McNabb but still, we drafted Kolb with the intentions of him being the next QB if i remember right and i just dont see that.

I feel the same I dont have any proof that he wont be the next QB its just a gut feeling. And I am pro McNabb anti Andy

cunningham06
11-23-2008, 07:53 PM
I'm officially calling for Reid's head. After this season, he needs to go. I always defended him, but this season he has made inexcusably poor decisions.

Sniper
11-23-2008, 08:30 PM
I'm officially calling for Reid's head. After this season, he needs to go. I always defended him, but this season he has made inexcusably poor decisions.

I completely agree.

renegade
11-23-2008, 09:48 PM
I completely agree.

lose a bet? lol

I also agree, but I just had to say something about the sig and avy.

Sniper
11-24-2008, 06:41 AM
lose a bet? lol

I also agree, but I just had to say something about the sig and avy.

Obviously, I lost a bet.

5-5-1. If that doesn't scream "mediocre", I don't know what does.

eaglesalltheway
11-24-2008, 11:28 AM

They should start McNabb, but I have a feeling they are gonna go with Kolb, matbe for the rest of the year. I feel the same way about Kolb, not a future franchise QB.

eaglesalltheway
11-24-2008, 11:30 AM

I'm pissed at Reid just like everybody else, but I don't think he should be fired. It isn't like there is anyone right now who could do a better job as HC than him, so it would end up making a change just for the sheer sake of making a change. When we make that change, I would prefer if we do it for better reasons than that. You know what I mean?

Sniper
11-24-2008, 11:50 AM
I'm pissed at Reid just like everybody else, but I don't think he should be fired. It isn't like there is anyone right now who could do a better job as HC than him, so it would end up making a change just for the sheer sake of making a change. When we make that change, I would prefer if we do it for better reasons than that. You know what I mean?

No, because change has a better chance of winning, and winning big.

And why start McNabb? Are the Eagles going to make the playoffs?

eaglesalltheway
11-24-2008, 01:48 PM
No, because change has a better chance of winning, and winning big.

And why start McNabb? Are the Eagles going to make the playoffs?

But if that change is a downgrade in coaching, it really does ntohing for the team. Right now there are a few coaching options out there that have bright futures, but we don't know if they will be successful. You can't say with 100% certainty that there is a realistic option out there that would be an upgrade over AR at the coaching spot.

Why start McNabb? He is more of a proven comodity than Kolb and, to be blunt, is a better QB. Plain and simple. You start McNabb because he gives you the better chance of winning, and with how Kolb has looked, McNabb's future is brighter than Kolb's as well.

Sniper
11-24-2008, 02:00 PM
But if that change is a downgrade in coaching, it really does ntohing for the team. Right now there are a few coaching options out there that have bright futures, but we don't know if they will be successful. You can't say with 100% certainty that there is a realistic option out there that would be an upgrade over AR at the coaching spot.

Right now, any coach who wants to run more than 30% of the time is an upgrade. Reid is 0-5 in games decided by less than a TD this year, and has a very poor record in those cases during his career. That falls on coaching.

Why start McNabb? He is more of a proven comodity than Kolb and, to be blunt, is a better QB. Plain and simple. You start McNabb because he gives you the better chance of winning, and with how Kolb has looked, McNabb's future is brighter than Kolb's as well.

You're basing Kolb off of one half against the NFL's best D in which he outperformed McNabb? Um, okay.

eaglesalltheway
11-24-2008, 04:29 PM
Right now, any coach who wants to run more than 30% of the time is an upgrade. Reid is 0-5 in games decided by less than a TD this year, and has a very poor record in those cases during his career. That falls on coaching.

But who is out there that is better. I know Reid has done a bad job of coaching, I am not arguing that. But the other options aren't better, so it would end up making a change just for the sake of making a change, which wouldn't benefit the team at all.

You're basing Kolb off of one half against the NFL's best D in which he outperformed McNabb? Um, okay.

Plus the preseason games and limited action he's seen in other games. He just doesn't have that essence of a Franchise QB. He is waaaay too nervous out there. Did you see on the screen play to Westy, he was backpedalling like crazy and there was no rush on him, which caused him to make a poor throw on a bad decision anyway. Part of it is a gut feeling on my part, but so far, Kolb hasn't shown he will be near the calibur QB that Donovan is or was. We have seen him in 8 preseason games, and one of them he played the whole game. He has played enough that we would have seen a glimmer or spark of something that would lead you to beleive he will be a great QB. We haven't seen that. He may need more time to develop, or he just may not be a great QB.

fenikz
11-25-2008, 12:47 AM
I got 2 friends who go to Penn State, who will be attending the AZ vs PHI wearing Cardinals gear, whats the odds that they are physically hurt?

eaglesalltheway
11-25-2008, 07:40 AM
I got 2 friends who go to Penn State, who will be attending the AZ vs PHI wearing Cardinals gear, whats the odds that they are physically hurt?

Physically: 10-20%, mentally/emotionally: 100%

Sniper
11-25-2008, 07:49 AM

Depends on how big of douchebags they are. Not obnoxious? 10-20%. Super obnoxious? Between 150 and 200%.

eaglesalltheway
11-25-2008, 08:46 AM
Depends on how big of douchebags they are. Not obnoxious? 10-20%. Super obnoxious? Between 150 and 200%.

I forgot to take account for that factor, either way, they should be fine, but they may get a beer shower nonetheless.

fenikz
11-25-2008, 01:20 PM
generally they are nice guys but it's at a football game so im sure they will be a little rowdy

camp_eagles
11-25-2008, 06:22 PM
Westbrook and Buck are Hurting and are most likely probable at best for the Zona game that means one thing Booker which means OH MY GOD THE RUNNING GAME IS TOAST! But honestly how much worse can it get with Booker back there?

Go_Eagles77
11-25-2008, 06:55 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing if Booker can get something going given 10+ carries, that TC couldn't have been a complete fluke... could it?

camp_eagles
11-25-2008, 07:06 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing if Booker can get something going given 10+ carries, that TC couldn't have been a complete fluke... could it?

There has to be a reason why he hasn't had any meaningful snaps in a real game and I have no idea what it is. The guy hasn't dressed in weeks.

Zyro_1014
11-26-2008, 04:44 PM
Plus the preseason games and limited action he's seen in other games. He just doesn't have that essence of a Franchise QB. He is waaaay too nervous out there. Did you see on the screen play to Westy, he was backpedalling like crazy and there was no rush on him, which caused him to make a poor throw on a bad decision anyway. Part of it is a gut feeling on my part, but so far, Kolb hasn't shown he will be near the calibur QB that Donovan is or was. We have seen him in 8 preseason games, and one of them he played the whole game. He has played enough that we would have seen a glimmer or spark of something that would lead you to beleive he will be a great QB. We haven't seen that. He may need more time to develop, or he just may not be a great QB.

i just dont see the "it" factor in Kolb that i saw in McNabb when he came into the league, you just watched McNabb when he was younger and you knew he was going to be the guy.

gameplaya2435
11-27-2008, 09:53 AM
Andy Reid must go this off-season, his system is definitely not working, and definitely does not fit our personnel. I would like to see McNabb come back for one more year at least, but I think if Reid goes McNabb's out too. Kolb is awful, and I don't trust him with the reigns to this team at all. Personally I would love to bring in Matt Cassel to manage the game, get a big short yardage back, and become a smashmouth football team. Bill Cowher's available after all ;)

eaglesalltheway
11-29-2008, 08:52 AM
i just dont see the "it" factor in Kolb that i saw in McNabb when he came into the league, you just watched McNabb when he was younger and you knew he was going to be the guy.

You were able to condense my overly long diluted statement into a mush shorter, prettier version.

eaglesalltheway
11-29-2008, 08:57 AM
Well umm, I guess the Eagles shut them down pretty well on Thanksgiving. Running game was good, Donovan looked sharp. Our Run D was excelent (against a poor running team), and our secondary played a great game without (arguably) our best CB. This team is just so inconsistent sometimes. As sad as it is to say, the season is already over unfortunately. They will need to win out, and I just can't see them doing that. If they really hand it to the Giants, then maybe, but I certainly don't expect the Eagles to play the Giants like they did the Cards. Only time will tell. I'm rooting them on nonetheless, but I have a bad feeling that it is all for not...

Sniper
11-29-2008, 10:33 AM
Asante Samuel is not arguably the best corner. He's the best ball-hawk, but he's not the best corner.

Lito Sheppard is ******* awful this year.

Go_Eagles77
11-29-2008, 12:12 PM
Yep, Lito let up all 3 TDs and the long pass to Fitz, I was glad we started Hanson over him with Samuel out.

Zyro_1014
11-29-2008, 05:09 PM
You were able to condense my overly long diluted statement into a mush shorter, prettier version.

thank you my friend :)

But like you said in your next post, it was kinda frustating to watch us play the Cards, because i couldnt help but say "where was this all year?" because if we were to play like that on a consistent basis we would be pretty damn tough.

brat316
11-29-2008, 08:19 PM
The Eagles won because they were able to keep the offensive on the field and give the defense a break, unlike the Ravens game.

If the Eagles can do this against a good Defense then it would be something, but the Cards defense isn't all that.

Still good job by the Eagles defense stoping the cards passing attack

Zyro_1014
11-29-2008, 08:21 PM
The Eagles won because they were able to keep the offensive on the field and give the defense a break, unlike the Ravens game.

If the Eagles can do this against a good Defense they it would be something, but the Cards defense isn't all that.

Still good job by the Eagles defense stoping the cards passing attack

i agree, i just hope that they can play like this on a consistent basis.

renegade
11-30-2008, 04:13 AM
BTW guys Quintin Demps played a great game on Thursday he played 4th CB, SS and a few FS plays and he was great out there. I really like him and I have felt like the Eagles got a steal since training camp. Good kick returner and he could be the future FS of the Eagles.

eaglesalltheway
12-03-2008, 06:34 AM
Asante Samuel is not arguably the best corner. He's the best ball-hawk, but he's not the best corner.

Lito Sheppard is ******* awful this year.

Absolutely, on both counts. I had noticed about two months ago that Hanson was seeing a lot more time at Nickel than Lito was, and doing a damn good job to this point. I am beginning to think that Lito may be gone, I just wonder what we may get for him...

eaglesalltheway
12-03-2008, 06:44 AM
BTW guys Quintin Demps played a great game on Thursday he played 4th CB, SS and a few FS plays and he was great out there. I really like him and I have felt like the Eagles got a steal since training camp. Good kick returner and he could be the future FS of the Eagles.

I had noticed he is beginning to get more time on defense and is doing a decent job. It is hard to entrust him as our future FS right now, so I still say that if a guy like William Moore or Taylor Mays is available we should pick them, but he (Demps) certainly isn't a bad option either. Perhaps if we see more of him in the next month or if Andy or Jim say something regarding him in the off-season then I will have more confidence than I do now, but right now It is just too hard to tell. Keep in mind we were saying the same things last year about Brent Celek, and it is pretty obvious that he is not a starter at TE for the future.

On a side note, Quentin Mikell is a tank. I love him and am glad he is getting his chance. Well overdue. I met him at training camp and he is so soft spoken and just really generous and sounds really intelligent. You wouldn't think they are the same person with the way his demeanor changes on the field. He is leading the defense in tackles with 133, 90 of which are solo. He has at least two picks that I know of, and a few defneded passes and big hits. He has made an impact in every aspect of our defense, and it is a testament to his hard work and it is finally paying off for him.

eaglesalltheway
12-03-2008, 06:45 AM
i agree, i just hope that they can play like this on a consistent basis.

I doubt it will happen. If one thing is consistent with the Eagles this season, it is that they are inconsistent.

bsaza2358
12-03-2008, 07:51 AM
The Giants are absolutely reeling from the Plax/Pierce situation. While this won't impact them from a talent standpoint, they are distracted. The Eagles were able to hang with them for most of the last game. With extra rest, it is possible that the team can come through with the win here. Season is on the line...

Sniper
12-03-2008, 08:33 AM
The Giants are absolutely reeling from the Plax/Pierce situation. While this won't impact them from a talent standpoint, they are distracted. The Eagles were able to hang with them for most of the last game. With extra rest, it is possible that the team can come through with the win here. Season is on the line...

Neither Plax nor Pierce were the reason the Eagles lost the last game.

cunningham06
12-03-2008, 09:42 AM
Absolutely, on both counts. I had noticed about two months ago that Hanson was seeing a lot more time at Nickel than Lito was, and doing a damn good job to this point. I am beginning to think that Lito may be gone, I just wonder what we may get for him...

Lito is so damn inconsistent. He played some good football last season (he did a good job covering TO and Randy Moss), but as usual, he follows a good season with a bad one.

cunningham06
12-03-2008, 09:48 AM

I would love for Demps to develop into a good starter for us. I had high hopes for CJ Gaddis last year... which was disappointing. The Eagles have done a fantastic job of getting the most out of mid round players. The only first round picks starting on our defense are our DT's, Bunkley and Patterson.

eaglesalltheway
12-03-2008, 10:00 AM
Neither Plax nor Pierce were the reason the Eagles lost the last game.

But what he is saying is that the distraction, though Pierce will still be playing, may be enough that the Giants may not have total focus on this game, which could work to the Eagles advantage. I know you were taling about playcalling as the problem, but he does have a valid point, though i don't think it will have as big of an impact as bsaza was saying.

eaglesalltheway
12-03-2008, 10:03 AM
Lito is so damn inconsistent. He played some good football last season (he did a good job covering TO and Randy Moss), but as usual, he follows a good season with a bad one.

I honestly don't know what to make of him. With how Hanson has played and if Ike can come back and make an impact after he gets healthy, we may not need Lito anymore, and with his salary (though it isn't too bad), it certainly wouldn't hurt to trade him if the return is fair.

eaglesalltheway
12-03-2008, 10:09 AM
I would love for Demps to develop into a good starter for us. I had high hopes for CJ Gaddis last year... which was disappointing. The Eagles have done a fantastic job of getting the most out of mid round players. The only first round picks starting on our defense are our DT's, Bunkley and Patterson.

Cole was a 5th?
Abiamiri was a 2nd, though Parker (FA)is still starting, I beleive.
Gaither was a 5th, though Ahkeem Jordan is now starting (UFA I think)
Bradley wass a 3rd
Gocong was a 3rd
Asante Samuel is a FA
Sheldon Brown was a 2nd
Dawk was a 2nd
Mikell was a 6th?

I'm only unsure of Cole and Mikell, though I'm pretty sure Cole was a 5th. Most of our starters are from the second round, but we have found some great players in the later rounds as well.

eaglesalltheway
12-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Also, once again, Sheldon Brown is not given enough credit. He has been playing great CB for us and is a big reason why our Defense can stop the pass.

Sniper
12-03-2008, 10:14 AM
Mikell was a UDFA.

eaglesalltheway
12-03-2008, 10:18 AM
Got to thinking about our offense...
McNabb was a 1st
Westy was a 3rd
Curtis was a FA
DeSean was a 2nd
Brown was a 2nd
Tra was a 2nd?
Herremans was a 6th?
Jackson was a UFA
Andrews was a 1st, but MJG filled in well until now (was a 4th) Nic Cole is a UFA
Runyan was a FA

There are more first and second round starters on offense than what is on defense. What does that mean? Does it mena the tlaent evaluators for defenders are better than the ones evaluating offensive players, or does it mean the people in charge of making the picks aren't listening to the talent evaluators, or do they value offense more than defense?

eaglesalltheway
12-03-2008, 10:24 AM
Mikell was a UDFA.

Still, that is further evidence the point I ask in the offense post. Why do we have such success with later round players on defnese, but not as much on offense?

Sniper
12-03-2008, 10:34 AM
Brown was a second round pick.

eaglesalltheway
12-03-2008, 10:37 AM
Brown was a second round pick.

Thats right, he was the ninth pick of the second round the year we got Patterson. I'll fix that, but still what does that mean about the distance in draft rounds from offense to defense?

Sniper
12-03-2008, 10:46 AM
Thats right, he was the ninth pick of the second round the year we got Patterson. I'll fix that, but still what does that mean about the distance in draft rounds from offense to defense?

It means that Jim Johnson can make an elite defense without spending high picks on it.

Basically, it confirms that Jim Johnson is the ******* man.

bsaza2358
12-03-2008, 11:53 AM
It also means that the Eagles do an excellent job of finding players that fit their schemes in the later rounds. Don't fail to notice these things. Gocong, Bradley, Gaither, Cole, Brown, Mikell, Demps, Akeem Jordan, Laws, and even my man Considine. Plus, they took Jake Ikegwuonu from Wisconsin this past year. He's rehabbing from ACL surgery and is on IR. He had late first round talent and could easily be a steal. That's just on the defensive side...

bsaza2358
12-03-2008, 11:57 AM
But getting back to the Giants game, the absence of Plax + the issues with Piece + the media attention surrounding that is a slight distraction. The Giants are still a ridiculously good team, and they play a physical style that conflicts with the more finesse style of the Eagles offense. Couple that with Spagnolo's knowledge of the Eagles O and D, and it is a tough matchup. If you look at it, the Eagles almost beat them at home a few weeks back when they were fully focused. If they play with desperation and execute, they can win. I'm still not sure...

cunningham06
12-03-2008, 02:29 PM
Still, that is further evidence the point I ask in the offense post. Why do we have such success with later round players on defnese, but not as much on offense?

Jim Johnson and the position coaches on defense deserve quite a bit of credit for what they have done, but I have always found it easier to evaluate a defensive player as a pro prospect, especially LB's. Players get overlooked all the time because they lack elite measurables, but instincts on defense are the most important factor to me. Players like Demeco Ryans I knew would be great in the NFL. Defensive players historically have the lower bust rate. The biggest busts are nearly all QB's and WR's. So while we've done a great job developing our defensive players, I feel like there is a definite edge towards drafting them already.

eaglesalltheway
12-03-2008, 05:01 PM
Jim Johnson and the position coaches on defense deserve quite a bit of credit for what they have done, but I have always found it easier to evaluate a defensive player as a pro prospect, especially LB's. Players get overlooked all the time because they lack elite measurables, but instincts on defense are the most important factor to me. Players like Demeco Ryans I knew would be great in the NFL. Defensive players historically have the lower bust rate. The biggest busts are nearly all QB's and WR's. So while we've done a great job developing our defensive players, I feel like there is a definite edge towards drafting them already.

True, that was something I wasn't thinking about at the time, but still, our QB and WRs (the two most dificult positions to evaluate) aren't busts. I know Reggie Brown is questionable, but you'd think that we could find some later talent on offense.

D-Unit
12-03-2008, 06:20 PM
True, that was something I wasn't thinking about at the time, but still, our QB and WRs (the two most dificult positions to evaluate) aren't busts. I know Reggie Brown is questionable, but you'd think that we could find some later talent on offense.
So I'm guessing that you pretty much feel that Kolb is the future and Avant, Lewis, Baskett are going to be with the team for the long haul...? Interesting.

Sniper
12-03-2008, 06:21 PM
Avant and Baskett are sweet. They have a future with this team.

eaglesalltheway
12-04-2008, 06:35 AM
So I'm guessing that you pretty much feel that Kolb is the future and Avant, Lewis, Baskett are going to be with the team for the long haul...? Interesting.

Not necessarily, I was wondering why it seems the defnesive talent evaluators have a much higher success rate with the later round picks. I was acknowledging the fact that QB and WR have the highest bust rate, and of our starters currently, neitherQB or our WRs would be considered a bust. (Once again, Reggie Brown is debatable). I'm curious as to how you thought I meant what you are talking about.

Kolb is iffy, but he doesn't look like he will develop into the calibur QB that McNabb is or was.

Avant and Baskett are two young WRs that may never truly be #1 WRs, but Avant was a 4th rounder and we are getting what we expect out of him. Baskett was a UFA who we traded for from the Vikings to get rid of Billy McMullin. I'd say that was a success. Neither will ever be a superstar, but both will be successful in their roles as long as they are with the team.

Greg Lewis, though younger than most would think, will probably not be with the team next year. With our top three WRs spots hammered out, and both Avant and Beskett showing what they can do his role has been decreased significantly, and he may only have four games left as an Eagle.

D-Unit
12-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Not necessarily, I was wondering why it seems the defnesive talent evaluators have a much higher success rate with the later round picks. I was acknowledging the fact that QB and WR have the highest bust rate, and of our starters currently, neitherQB or our WRs would be considered a bust. (Once again, Reggie Brown is debatable). I'm curious as to how you thought I meant what you are talking about.

Kolb is iffy, but he doesn't look like he will develop into the calibur QB that McNabb is or was.

Avant and Baskett are two young WRs that may never truly be #1 WRs, but Avant was a 4th rounder and we are getting what we expect out of him. Baskett was a UFA who we traded for from the Vikings to get rid of Billy McMullin. I'd say that was a success. Neither will ever be a superstar, but both will be successful in their roles as long as they are with the team.

Greg Lewis, though younger than most would think, will probably not be with the team next year. With our top three WRs spots hammered out, and both Avant and Beskett showing what they can do his role has been decreased significantly, and he may only have four games left as an Eagle.

I forgot that Baskett was a FA. I just thought when you said you guys don't draft busts at QB and WR that you meant all of them throughout the years, not just the current starters or even the current bench players. How many WRs have you drafted since McNabb took over as starter? You don't have to answer... Just sayin'.

I agree with you. I think Kolb is a dud. I thought so when you guys drafted him. If you guys didn't do that Anthony Spencer trade with us, I doubt you would've ended up with him. So I kind of credit Jerry for having a hand in that outcome... in a weird and funny way.

Love the way you guys grade and prioritize the OL though. That's always impresed me. Even the gamble on Winston Justice was a good one because the value was great.

Go_Eagles77
12-04-2008, 01:45 PM
I think the jury is still out on Kolb, he'll be given his chance.

bsaza2358
12-04-2008, 02:06 PM
We can't judge much based on one half against one of the tougher defenses in the league when he had little to no running game. He did not excel and looked lost/scared, but he shouldn't have even been in there.

renegade
12-04-2008, 04:13 PM
We can't judge much based on one half against one of the tougher defenses in the league when he had little to no running game. He did not excel and looked lost/scared, but he shouldn't have even been in there.

not to mention he didn't even know he was playing until they got out onto the field.

bsaza2358
12-04-2008, 04:27 PM
That shouldn't matter. He wasn't as prepared as I would have liked. Fact is that the Ravens are really good, but he should have been ready to play at all times. The embarrassment should fuel better work ethic from him during each week.

renegade
12-04-2008, 04:30 PM
That shouldn't matter. He wasn't as prepared as I would have liked. Fact is that the Ravens are really good, but he should have been ready to play at all times. The embarrassment should fuel better work ethic from him during each week.

But was he really expecting to play?

Lets think about this, McNabb is the best QB in all of Eagles history and it is only a 3 point game. If you were Kevin Kolb would you even begin to fathom what was about to happen?

BTW I think Kolb wants a second chance, and he seems rather upset.
http://www.nj.com/sports/times/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/1228280734162060.xml&coll=5&thispage=1

Giantsfan1080
12-04-2008, 04:32 PM
But was he really expecting to play?

Lets think about this, McNabb is the best QB in all of Eagles history and it is only a 3 point game. If you were Kevin Kolb would you even begin to fathom what was about to happen?

BTW I think Kolb wants a second chance, and he seems rather upset.
http://www.nj.com/sports/times/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/1228280734162060.xml&coll=5&thispage=1

Coming off the game McNabb had the week before, then yes, it should have entered Kolb's mind that he might get some playing time.

Sniper
12-04-2008, 04:32 PM
He should have been given a series or two. He could have played the majority of the 4th quarter after Avant's touchdown which made it 41-20.

renegade
12-04-2008, 04:34 PM
But again if your essentially a rookie, your team is playing the NFL's second ranked defense and the game is 1 big play away from being an Eagles' lead and McNabb is known for his huge arm and he has been the starting QB for the past decade, would you if you were Kolb expect to be put in?

renegade
12-04-2008, 04:35 PM
He should have been given a series or two. He could have played the majority of the 4th quarter after Avant's touchdown which made it 41-20.

Wait What?

renegade
12-04-2008, 04:38 PM
BTW I am not a supporter of Kevin Kolb, I've never been one. I thought the selection was a dumb one to begin with. To me he just doesn't seem to possess the "it" factor that all good QB's have. If McNabb were to be let go (which seems iminent) I would be one of the bigger voices supporting drafting a QB.

Zyro_1014
12-04-2008, 04:39 PM

I personally want to draft a QB if we can get a good one either this year or next, because like i said im not too high on Kolb. I just dont see the "it" factor in him that i see in alot of QB's.

Sniper
12-04-2008, 04:39 PM
Wait What?

I thought that Kolb should have been given garbage time PT. At 41-20, the game was over.

eaglesalltheway
12-05-2008, 09:56 AM

It is, but I don't know what type of chance he will get (whether it be anywhere from a few games to two seasons), because it doesn't seem like he has progressed since he got here.

eaglesalltheway
12-05-2008, 10:07 AM
But again if your essentially a rookie, your team is playing the NFL's second ranked defense and the game is 1 big play away from being an Eagles' lead and McNabb is known for his huge arm and he has been the starting QB for the past decade, would you if you were Kolb expect to be put in?

This isn't you individually, but everybody one here. Kolb isn't essentially a rookie. He is a second year player, it just seems like an excuse, when in fact he has been here learning the system for a year and a half now. Sure he didn't get playing time, but this was his first season where he did the job of a QB. Just because he hasn't played before doesn't mean he is a rookie. Quentin Mikell wasn't a starter on defense until this year, does that make him essentially a rookie? No.
Kolb is a second year player and this "essentially a rookie" is just an excuse to cover up a relatively poor performance. He isn't a rookie, and though he hasn't started yet, he will never be a rookie, what if both him and Donovan would stick around until McNabb's contract was up? If Kolb would start then would he still get this "essentially a rookie" tag? No, and he shouldn't. The same thing applies now, he should now the system in and out by now, so he isn't "essentially a rookie". Everybody understand what I mean?

eaglesalltheway
12-05-2008, 10:09 AM
BTW I am not a supporter of Kevin Kolb, I've never been one. I thought the selection was a dumb one to begin with. To me he just doesn't seem to possess the "it" factor that all good QB's have. If McNabb were to be let go (which seems iminent) I would be one of the bigger voices supporting drafting a QB.

I agree with you about the "it" factor, one of the things I have been saying since the Ravens game, but I am not fully aginst him, even after the performance. I just don't think he will ever be the Eagles' franchise QB.

One more thing to add that is completely irrelevant to Kolb situation, but when Tyler Thigpen has outperformed you, that really doesn't lead people to beleive that you have a bright future. Kellen Clemons IMO, seemed better for the Jets while he was in, and where is he now? Just saying guys.

eaglesalltheway
12-07-2008, 05:16 PM
I've got to say I'm a little surprised with hwo well the team played today. I didn't expect the defense to shut down the run game as well as they did, though there were a few carries for big gains. Overall, the run D did a great job. Of course there were a lot of factors that contributed to the Eagles shutting down the pass game, including the Plaxico Burres situation and the high winds, but give credit where it is due, our pass D did a great job today. A lot of people will say that the Giants offense just never got in a rythm, and that is the reason for the good job by the Eagles defense, but wasn't it the defnese that kept the Giants offense from getting in rythm?

McNabb had a typical McNabb game. I wonder what he has aginst the ground, it seems like he is trying to beat it into submission with a few of his throws...
Westy of course played well, really nothing I can say that no one else would be able to figure out for themselves, but give credit to the O-line. Once they got used to playing with eachother about midway thorugh the second quarter, things began to click. I don't think Donovan was sacked, though he did have pressure on him early. But the Giants' pass rush was kept back since that point in the second quarter.

LJ Smith had hsi best game of the year, no doubt, though it still drives me crazy how he carries the ball, just begging for someone to take it from him. We only saw it one play, but I like that we had Klecko and Eckel in for a play, which was a successful first down run for Eckel. I said to my buddy as the play was about to start that formation was my favorite personnel grouping I've seen all year. It was kind of a joke, but still I did enjoy having a power run game, or soemthing resembling it. I saw Eckel in a FB too a bit, no more than 5 plays or so though, if that even.

Akers really impressed me with his first FG, and if the other two woudln't have been blocked they probably would have gone in. He may have worked his way out of his funk by now. Sav Rocca though looks like he may be working himself into a funk. He has been inconsistent over the past month or so, and that is a bit of a concern.

Overall it was a very solid performance, nothing stellar, but a good performance by the Eagles, and got the job done. Obviously, the score doesn't resemble the way the game occurred, it didn't seem like a 20-14 game.

cunningham06
12-07-2008, 06:01 PM
This was a huge win for us. Also huge was the Falcons losing today. The way I see the playoffs turning out is depending on who wins the division, either the Bucs or Panthers will take one wildcard spot, and the race for the other is between us, the Cowboys, the Redskins and the Falcons. The Cowboys have a tough remaining schedule so if they win today vs. the Steelers we still have a shot. The Redskins schedule is pretty easy from here on out, but if they lose tonight and we beat them at home later this season, they are out. If the Falcons drop another game and we win out we are in. A lot of things will need to go right, but it looks like the Eagles are heating up for a run. At least, I hope so... This wouldn't be the first time they have ripped my heart out.

Todd Bertuzzi
12-07-2008, 06:50 PM
That tie is killing us right now and could defintely come back to haunt us. If we had won we would now be tied with the Cowboys and Falcons(and possibly Redskins depending on what happens in that game) for that final WC spot.

Eaglez.Fan
12-07-2008, 06:55 PM
That tie is killing us right now and could defintely come back to haunt us. If we had won we would now be tied with the Cowboys and Falcons(and possibly Redskins depending on what happens in that game) for that final WC spot.

Church, the tie wasn't even that bad. If we go 10-5-1, the tie will help us, and if we go 9-6-1, the tie will hurt us but we wouldn't make the playoffs if we went 10-6 anyways because of your division record. The tie can really do no harm, only potentially good.

However I am not saying it was good to tie the Bungals.

cunningham06
12-07-2008, 07:14 PM
Church, the tie wasn't even that bad. If we go 10-5-1, the tie will help us, and if we go 9-6-1, the tie will hurt us but we wouldn't make the playoffs if we went 10-6 anyways because of your division record. The tie can really do no harm, only potentially good.

Ya a win would be preferrable, but if both we and the Saints win out, we are above them because of the tie.

Go_Eagles77
12-07-2008, 07:20 PM
Great game today, the score may give the impression that it was close but we pretty much dominated.

cunningham06
12-07-2008, 07:33 PM

Ya a win would be preferrable, but if both we and the Saints win out, we are above them because of the tie.

eaglesalltheway
12-07-2008, 08:10 PM
With the Falcons and Cowboys losing, and Washington the underdog (IMO) tonight, this weekend is shaping up to be very promising for the Eagles. I said before it was too late, but it looks like the chances are better than I thought. If we can bgeat the Giants, we can beat anyone. That being said, we defintiely have to beat Washington and Dallas (obviously we need to win out) but now if we beat them we automatically leap frog them. We need Atlanta to lose at least one more game to really take the pressure off a bit, but the Eagles certainly need to take care of their business first. Dalls has performed poorly in Decmeber as of recent years, and I think that may be a factor in how the race pans out.

bsaza2358
12-08-2008, 09:59 AM
The Eagles are playing really well, and they rushed the ball like 35 times against a really tough run D of the Giants. Excellent execution across the board. Obviously, special teams was not ideal, but given the way the O and D dominated, it didn't matter too much.

bsaza2358
12-08-2008, 10:04 AM
That being said, we need a new ST Coach next season without question. The special teams across the board has been a disappointment, and there are WAAAAAY too many errors, mistakes, and big plays given up on that side of the ball. It has cost us a lot of field position and points. Something's gotta give.

cunningham06
12-08-2008, 10:11 AM
That being said, we need a new ST Coach next season without question. The special teams across the board has been a disappointment, and there are WAAAAAY too many errors, mistakes, and big plays given up on that side of the ball. It has cost us a lot of field position and points. Something's gotta give.

I'd agree as far as ST coverage, and clearly blocking for FG's as evidenced yesterday, but our return game has greatly improved this season.

Todd Bertuzzi
12-08-2008, 10:15 AM
I'd agree as far as ST coverage, and clearly blocking for FG's as evidenced yesterday, but our return game has greatly improved this season.

Thanks to the additions of Desean Jackson and Quintin Demps.

cunningham06
12-08-2008, 10:56 AM
Thanks to the additions of Desean Jackson and Quintin Demps.

Desean is consistently good, Demps is also becoming a real threat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAPewW2FKrc

When Demps ran over the Pats kicker, that was one of the greatest things I've ever seen.

NBA
12-08-2008, 06:16 PM
Just some quick veiws of mine..
1. I want Andy Reid to be fired
2.I want McNabb gone, and AJ Feeley to step in
3.I want Spags
4.I want Brian Westbrook to be healthy
5.I want a 60/40 run pass ratio
6.I want Shawn Andrews to come out from whatever rock he is under

Just a quick wishlist for this X-mas

Sniper
12-08-2008, 06:23 PM

I want you to stop smoking crack.

Zyro_1014
12-08-2008, 11:53 PM

Crack is a hellava drug.

D-Unit
12-09-2008, 12:17 AM
What good ST coaches are out there and available? Dallas needs one badly too. Our STs is sooooooorry.

eaglesalltheway
12-09-2008, 11:09 AM

I will second that notion...

eaglesalltheway
12-09-2008, 11:21 AM
3.I want Spags

1. As I've stated before, I don't want him gone. Who out there is better? Unless we would get a Bill Cowher or someone of that quality, keep Andy.
2. Just like #1, Getting rid of McNabb right now will only make the team worse. Keep him, he is the best option we have.
3. You may want him, but he would never come here. There would be a lot of hostility with the student (Spagnulo) surpassing the teacher (Johnson) The only way Spags comes here is if Johnson is gone, which no one would want.\
4. Kind of obvious, but the best point so far, Westy makes the offense go.
5. Maybe not 60-40, but anywhere near a 50-50 is perfect. Becoming a 60-40 run dominant team would completely change the philosophy, and perhaps a few of the players wouldn't buy into it. Westy isn't equipped to handle that much of a load, and Bucky is a FA, so we would either need to grab another FA or draft a RB relatively early. Personally I think Buckhalter will be back next year though, so maybe that perfect balnce could be attainable. But we still would need a power back. Do we keep Eckel and use him as our big back? That remains to be seen. But 60-40 is just too extreme of a change and wouldn't work.
6. I would absolutely love it if Andrews were back and healthy, but the fact is, his back isnt't healthy. (See what I did there, haha) Right now all his replacements have done is shown they can play with the starters, and if bringing him back too soon would damage his career or his psyche, I am not in favor of it. His replacements (MJG and Cole) are doing a more than acceptable job. Sure they aren't the calibur linemen of a Shawn Andrews, but they aren't hurting the offense to a great extent either.

renegade
12-09-2008, 05:20 PM
3.I want Spags

Wow, you know what I have a real problem with this list.

Andy Reid is going nowhere
So let me get this straight, you want the best Eagles QB ever to be replaced by a third string QB? That would be stupid as hell.
You want Spags? This is just my opinion but I do not think that Spags will be a good head coach. I just picture him as a guy who is going to have no idea how to manage an offense or a team.
#4 is just obvious
So you want to play Marty ball? Let me tell you this, a balance is the best way to run an offense not a 60-40 ratio in either direction.
Shawn Andrews is injured and just had back surgery.

Your stupid list made me hate you, you clearly didn't think that through and you are just another hot headed fan who wants to fire a coach and get rid of the franchise QB after coming off of 2 huge wins and they have the team on a playoff run. Stupidity at its finest.

P.S.- You spelled views wrong :)

eaglesalltheway
12-09-2008, 08:06 PM

Sniper!!! Stop hacking into renegade's account!!!

Its OK Snipe, I still love you anyway:cool:

eaglesalltheway
12-09-2008, 08:07 PM
Wow, you know what I have a real problem with this list.

Andy Reid is going nowhere
So let me get this straight, you want the best Eagles QB ever to be replaced by a third string QB? That would be stupid as hell.
You want Spags? This is just my opinion but I do not think that Spags will be a good head coach. I just picture him as a guy who is going to have no idea how to manage an offense or a team.
#4 is just obvious
So you want to play Marty ball? Let me tell you this, a balance is the best way to run an offense not a 60-40 ratio in either direction.
Shawn Andrews is injured and just had back surgery.

Your stupid list made me hate you, you clearly didn't think that through and you are just another hot headed fan who wants to fire a coach and get rid of the franchise QB after coming off of 2 huge wins and they have the team on a playoff run. Stupidity at its finest.

As you can tell, I also didn't like it very much. I figured I'd bring up more of an argument though. Thansk for saying the stuff I didn't feel like saying though...

diabsoule
12-13-2008, 11:59 PM
What are your thoughts on Secondary coach Sean McDermott?

eaglesalltheway
12-14-2008, 12:08 PM
He is supposed to be one of the up-and-comers of NFL coaches. I personally don't know much about him, but there is a place on the Eagles team site where you can find out information about the coaching staff. I think renegade actually posted a link or something about him in the last two pages here. I'll see if I can find it...

Go_Eagles77
12-14-2008, 01:38 PM
Here's his profile, he should get a job as a DC after this season.
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/CoachBios.asp?coach_id=10

D-Unit
12-15-2008, 06:54 PM
If you guys win tonight, week 17 is gonna be NUTS!!!

Sniper
12-15-2008, 06:56 PM

There's another game to deal with before that.

D-Unit
12-15-2008, 07:27 PM
There's another game to deal with before that.
Yeah, but you guys should roll.

renegade
12-15-2008, 08:07 PM

Holy Crap if those two win out until that game I might explode. Can you imagine? An Eagles-Cowboys game that is basically winner takes all, in which case a playoff spot is up for the taking! I am so pumped already! BTW Washington is still a game, don't count them out just yet.

Zyro_1014
12-15-2008, 09:57 PM
Other than the 2 RZ turnovers tonight the Eagles are playing well.

theat touchdown pass Donovan just threw was a rocket.

keylime_5
12-15-2008, 09:59 PM
Other than the 2 RZ turnovers tonight the Eagles are playing well.

theat touchdown pass Donovan just threw was a rocket.

not that hard of a task - Cleveland doesn't look like they'll score a touchdown until sometime next September. Seriously.

Zyro_1014
12-15-2008, 10:15 PM
not that hard of a task - Cleveland doesn't look like they'll score a touchdown until sometime next September. Seriously.

you spoke to soon lol.

Kolb doesnt look very good.

Todd Bertuzzi
12-15-2008, 10:30 PM
Holy Crap if those two win out until that game I might explode. Can you imagine? An Eagles-Cowboys game that is basically winner takes all, in which case a playoff spot is up for the taking! I am so pumped already! BTW Washington is still a game, don't count them out just yet.

.....and if Tampa or Atlanta loses

eaglesalltheway
12-16-2008, 06:48 AM

My best friend is a Cowboys fan and I've already recommended not speaking the week of the game, and no matter the outcome, not speaking for the week after, lol. That game will be so exciting though. I think the Cowboys are going to have a tough time with the Ravens though to be honest. My hope is that the Cowboys lose next week to the Ravens, and maybe that will take the emotion out of them to make things easier for the Eagles. Even if the Cowboys lose to the Ravens, I doubt they roll over for the Eagles, but it is my Christmas wish:). The Bucs have the easiest schedule of the four teams in the playoff hunt, they play the Raiders and another mediocre team. The Falcons also have it relatively easy, compared the the Eagles and Cowboys anyway. I honestly can't say who loses between the two, but for whatever reason I could see the Bucs losing before the Falcons would lose.

Sniper
12-16-2008, 08:12 AM
Three down, two to go.

By the way, Kevin Kolb blows ass. Just awful.

I hated the DeSean pass playcall on 3rd down. If you want to try something like that, fine, do it on first down. Not on third down.

The playcalling before the INT at the half was, as usual, atrocious.

Go_Eagles77
12-16-2008, 01:57 PM
Think about how cool it would have been if DeSean threw a TD pass though, that would give him at least 1 TD receiving, rushing, returning, and passing all year. How many times has that happened in NFL history? BTW we really need to teach our players how to cross the goal line.

eaglesalltheway
12-16-2008, 02:56 PM
Three down, two to go.

By the way, Kevin Kolb blows ass. Just awful.

I hated the DeSean pass playcall on 3rd down. If you want to try something like that, fine, do it on first down. Not on third down.

The playcalling before the INT at the half was, as usual, atrocious.

Not awfule, but less than mediocre.

Agreed.

Agreed.

Those are really the only things to complain about from that game.

eaglesalltheway
12-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Think about how cool it would have been if DeSean threw a TD pass though, that would give him at least 1 TD receiving, rushing, returning, and passing all year. How many times has that happened in NFL history? BTW we really need to teach our players how to cross the goal line.

Haha, yea I saw Asante drop that **** at the one and I damn near had a stroke. If you look though, the ref was putting his hands up before Asante picked it back up. Shows how much he was really paying attention;).

renegade
12-17-2008, 06:21 PM
Did you know that Asante Samuel leads the NFL in passes defended and Trent Cole leads the NFL in TFL? Interesting...

cunningham06
12-18-2008, 03:13 AM
Did you know that Asante Samuel leads the NFL in passes defended and Trent Cole leads the NFL in TFL? Interesting...

Overall, I love Asante's ball skills, but he does play some loose coverage a lot of the time. That doesn't surprise me too much about Cole, this team gets a lot of stops behind the LOS.

eaglesalltheway
12-18-2008, 06:18 AM

That doesn't surprise me at all. I had noticed since the preseason that Asante gets his hands on a lot of passes, and about half way through the season I noticed Cole, though not having as many sacks as last year, was catching alot of RBs from behind in the backfield.

camp_eagles
12-22-2008, 08:10 AM
Can someone tell Andy Reid that running plays are NOT illegal. I also want to know why we passed the ball so much without Curtis and Baskett against the deepest group of corners in the NFL?

Sniper
12-22-2008, 08:29 AM
He went 15 straight pass plays at the end of the third quarter/start of the fourth. It was broken up by a McNabb scramble, which was originally a pass play. Pathetic.

You'd think he'd learn. Hey, you beat won three straight by running the ball. You should definitely not run the ball then :rolleyes:

ljk2171
12-22-2008, 09:36 AM
Umm...did you see them try to run the ball yesterday? They couldn't. Brian Westbrook very well may have played his worst game as an Eagle. At times he has very poor vision, his extremely high tendendancy to cut everything outside really hurt them yesterday.

Sniper
12-22-2008, 09:48 AM
Umm...did you see them try to run the ball yesterday? They couldn't. Brian Westbrook very well may have played his worst game as an Eagle. At times he has very poor vision, his extremely high tendendancy to cut everything outside really hurt them yesterday.

Right, I forgot only Brian Westbrook is allowed to run the ball. It's a good thing no one else is. Remind me, who got 200+ for the Giants yesterday? Must have been Jacobs since backups can't run the ball.

You don't give up on the run with a quarter and a half left down only a touchdown.

Sniper
12-22-2008, 09:49 AM
A 74:26 pass:run ratio doesn't work, especially when you're missing two of your better wideouts.

ryan0022
12-22-2008, 10:06 AM
If it wasn't evident before that the eagles receivers are not good enough to compete for a title then this past game should have made that very clear. I mean there's no way Andy can honestly get up there on the podium and saw that their receivers are good enough. I think there drops were around 10 yesterday, that's just horrible. I was all for taking Oline and maybe a safety as #1 priorities in the draft but there's no way that can be, has to be WR.

I'll let D Jack slide becasue he's a rook and will get better and may make some mistakes and drop some passes. Obviously Reggie brown was not active for a reason and that was evident yesterday, how do you need to go 20 yards to score a TD and know that if you don't score or get out of bounds the gaem is over and then run a 19 yard pattern. Just seeing Greg lewis in the game make me feel sick and McNabb seems to forget about Avant....

ryan0022
12-22-2008, 10:10 AM
Andy needs to go, the run/pass ratio he has is just unacceptable and it seems like he just doesn't take some things into consideration, for example the wind yesterday and 2 of his top 3 receivers were out but lets still throw the ball 70+% of the time. Even if he was going to throw that much then he needed to line westbrook up outside much more and have buckhalter (who isn't used nearly enough) in the backfield.

I am sick of Andy reid and it sucks becaseu I love the Eagles but nothing will change until Andy is gone, it's really pathetic.....

ljk2171
12-22-2008, 11:16 AM
Right, I forgot only Brian Westbrook is allowed to run the ball. It's a good thing no one else is. Remind me, who got 200+ for the Giants yesterday? Must have been Jacobs since backups can't run the ball.

You don't give up on the run with a quarter and a half left down only a touchdown.

Sure Ward had a big game, behind the GIANTS offensive line against the Panthers who are not very good against the run at all.

bsaza2358
12-22-2008, 01:01 PM
I don't see why Buckhalter couldn't shoulder the load of running when Westbrook was clearly injured and ineffective. The Skins were getting through on the pass rush, so it was pretty obvious that a legit running game could be helpful. Buck has shouldered the load before, and he can catch out of the backfield and he does a decent job pass blocking. Don't get it at all...

bsaza2358
12-22-2008, 01:04 PM
In terms of the WR's, Brown is now officially a bust to me. He's not a starting NFL WR. Period. Having Curtis and Baskett out meant that DJax, Lewis, and Brown were the only WR options out there. With LJ dropping balls left and right and Celek running a few wrong routes, plus the lack of a commitment to the run and Westbrook being dinged again, McNabb didn't have much of a chance. I'm not going to blame Reid for anything other than scheme/game-planning. Losing 2 contributors at WR for this game creates plenty of problems. The bigger issue is that Blache and Zorn outcoached the Eagles again and a beat-up Skins outplayed and clearly wanted it more than the Eagles.

Go_Eagles77
12-22-2008, 01:38 PM
I was expecting Avant to have a big game, and I don't think he has 1 catch.

camp_eagles
12-22-2008, 02:58 PM
If Arizona cant pass every down with better wide outs and a more accurate QB then why does Andy think we can do it?

ryan0022
12-23-2008, 12:42 PM
If Arizona cant pass every down with better wide outs and a more accurate QB then why does Andy think we can do it?

Because Andy thinks he is the greatest coah ever and thinks he knows the west coast offensive better then anyone. He needs to go, he is the problem with this team.

Sniper
12-23-2008, 01:27 PM
Sure Ward had a big game, behind the GIANTS offensive line against the Panthers who are not very good against the run at all.

So that means Buckhalter should only have one carry? Bottom line is, every team uses two running backs these days.

Sniper
12-23-2008, 01:28 PM
I was expecting Avant to have a big game, and I don't think he has 1 catch.

It'd help if the gameplan didn't revolve around LJ Smith.

Avant had 2 catches for 16 yards.

brat316
12-23-2008, 02:41 PM
Its also would help if McNabb could throw a ball without it heading either straight into the ground or behind the WR.

I am pulling for the Eagles to draft Shonn Greene but then i'm afraid Andy Reid will ruin the Greene's career. The Eagles need a power rb for short yardage and goal line and also to take some of the touches from Westbrook who can handle 35 touches a game. But would be more effective I think with 25-30 touches he would be less worn out by the next game, and would be fresher during the game.

eaglesalltheway
12-25-2008, 07:17 PM
Obvioulsy that was a huge disapointment, nothing I can say that would change anything or to elaborate upon what you guys said. And you all know how I stnad about getting rid of Reid. (Against it). Well, my feeling about the team was realized, just a week earlier than I thought. I'll be rooting for the Raiders and whoever is playing the Vikes/Bears, just in case, I'd love to see them get into the playoffs, but it is looking dim right now.

PACKmanN
12-26-2008, 10:30 AM
what are your thoughts on Sean McDermott becoming a DC with us Packers? Is is opened to becoming a DC or would he rather stay with you guys?

eaglesalltheway
12-26-2008, 11:43 AM
what are your thoughts on Sean McDermott becoming a DC with us Packers? Is is opened to becoming a DC or would he rather stay with you guys?

I personally don't know what his feelings are, but he is supposed to be a bright young defensive mind, and I'm sure if the Pack would offer him a good deal he would be the DC there, but I really don't know his feelings on whether he would prefer to stay in the organization, and I doubt anyone on here will be able to, but if the Pack would be looking at him, he is supposed to be very good, so if he goes, that leaves a gap to fill again in the coaching staff. I hope he stays, just so we don't have to fill in another empty hole along our staff, but I don't know.

cunningham06
12-28-2008, 05:23 PM
I'm gonna say that Chris Clemons was worth the money! Haha this game is great.

DWhaLe
12-28-2008, 06:29 PM
I'm gonna say that Chris Clemons was worth the money! Haha this game is great.

Yes he did! The best thing about this is Dallas is wathing us in the playoffs this year. I can't wait to got to school to make fun of the Dallas fans.

camp_eagles
12-28-2008, 07:13 PM
I watched the game with two dallas fans and they did not say since the 2nd quarter

Sniper
12-28-2008, 07:37 PM
Brian Dawkins is a pimp. Just throwing it out there.

Eaglez.Fan
12-28-2008, 07:49 PM
I completely wet myself.

DWhaLe
12-28-2008, 07:58 PM
I got Neg Reped by all the Dallas Fans for bragging about win... Now did I really deserve it? All they ever talk about is there dumb Super Bowls.

Go_Eagles77
12-28-2008, 09:15 PM
I got Neg Reped by all the Dallas Fans for bragging about win... Now did I really deserve it? All they ever talk about is there dumb Super Bowls.

I gave some of it back to you. :)

camp_eagles
12-28-2008, 09:16 PM
That was the best regular season win since last December against Dallas

Go_Eagles77
12-28-2008, 09:19 PM
I take back everything I said about this team in the past week. lol.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
12-28-2008, 09:22 PM
congrats to the philly eagles i picked the boys to win and you proved me wrong good luck in the playoffs

Gribble
12-29-2008, 07:09 AM
Good luck Eagles. You guys have a good shot in the NFC.

bigbluedefense
12-29-2008, 10:14 AM
i guess we'll see you in 2 weeks :(

Sniper
12-29-2008, 10:18 AM
Please stop assuming the Vikings are an automatic win. This game worries me a lot. It's the type of game where Reid will easily go back to his "Throw 75% of the time" ways and the Eagles are a vulnerable team when that happens.

bigbluedefense
12-29-2008, 10:21 AM
it comes down to 4 things imo:

1. Tavaris. he sucks. but if he can play half decent they have a shot
2. AD can go nuts at any moment
3. Childress knows the Eagles. how much does that help him in gameplanning?
4. how healthy will Pat Williams be?

i ultimately see Tavaris costing them the game.

camp_eagles
12-29-2008, 10:30 AM
I still cant believe Oakland won.

one of the things that can kill us is our pass/run ratio because if we pass every down then the vikings will drain the D and control the clock just like the second Washington game.

eaglesalltheway
12-30-2008, 12:30 PM

I do think the Eagles will win, but it is definitely far from a lock.

I have been one of the few (maybe the only, haha) people who have sayed don't rule Tarvaris out just yet. He doesn't suck. He isn't great by any means (nor did I expect him to be) but if he can play solid and the Vikes can have a steady day running the ball, that will cause us big problems. I agree he could cost them the game, but I don't think his play will cause them to lose.

Peterson scares me. A lot. He could go nuts at any moment, just like you said, but our run defense has been damn good this year, and if I remember correctly last year he had a solid, but not spectacular game. (For some reason I think Chester Taylor did well against us, but I may be remembering it screwy.) If we can keep their running game down a bit, the Eagles will have a great shot at winning.

Childress hasn't been with the Eagles for almost three years now, some things have changed I am sure. That being said, he does have an advantage. Personally, I am not too confident in him as a coach, so the advantage the Vikings have is minimal, at least in that department.

That is one of the most important factors in this game. If he is healthy, he will cause some trouble for the offense. I think we will test him out early, and if we can have success running at him early, that will make me feel secure in the Eagles chances of getting a win. But if he is healthy and he cloggs a few run plays or makes a sack or QB hurry early, that may cause trouble.

bsaza2358
12-30-2008, 01:14 PM
Peterson is a ridiculous talent, but he has carried the ball over 360 times this year. He looked slow and worn down against the Giants Sunday and outside of his 1 big run, he was averaging 1-2 yards a carry. If the Eagles can replicate that (Spags and JJ are similar in style), then the Eagles should be able to limit Minnesota offensively. I think Tavaris Jackson's running ability will serve as the biggest challenge. Him breaking a big play with his legs will be a problem. However, he will throw a few up for grabs, and the Eagles have to capitalize.

On offense, I think the big matchup will be with Jared Allen. McNabb needs time and has to be kept clean. Another major factor will be the health of Pat Williams. If he is anywhere near 100% (which I doubt), the Eagles will not be able to run the ball much.

Overall, I look at this matchip as a low scoring affair. First to 20 probably wins. Both D's are very good, so there will be plenty of battling in the trenches.

eaglesalltheway
12-30-2008, 01:34 PM
Peterson is a ridiculous talent, but he has carried the ball over 360 times this year. He looked slow and worn down against the Giants Sunday and outside of his 1 big run, he was averaging 1-2 yards a carry. If the Eagles can replicate that (Spags and JJ are similar in style), then the Eagles should be able to limit Minnesota offensively. I think Tavaris Jackson's running ability will serve as the biggest challenge. Him breaking a big play with his legs will be a problem. However, he will throw a few up for grabs, and the Eagles have to capitalize.

On offense, I think the big matchup will be with Jared Allen. McNabb needs time and has to be kept clean. Another major factor will be the health of Pat Williams. If he is anywhere near 100% (which I doubt), the Eagles will not be able to run the ball much.

Overall, I look at this matchip as a low scoring affair. First to 20 probably wins. Both D's are very good, so there will be plenty of battling in the trenches.

I agree with a lot of what you say about AD, but there is always the risk of him taking that big gain. I too noticed his average if you take away the big run was low, but you can't take it out of there either, which you weren't, but it can't be dioscounted either. One thing the Eagles defense is very good with is playing smart and maintaining responsibilites, and if you remember, there aren't many running QBs who do much damage on us. Even Vick, when he was at his most dangerous, never really hurt the Eagles much. I don't think Tarvaris will pose too much of a threat as a runner, meaning I don't expect more than 40 yards out of him at the very, very most.

Jared Allen will be very important. Tra may need help from Celek (who has improved his blocking recently a bit) or from Herremans, and even Westy chipping him. One thing that is a concern if Pat is healthy enough to garner double teams, that will really pose difficulties, as one will either be blocked alone or if both are doubled, there will be someone free to make the play. That being said, I don't think Pat wil be as healthy as he should be, I honestly don't think he will stick around the whole game, I just have a feeling.

I too think it will not be a shootout, with how the defense has performed, especially recently, I can't see the Vikings scoring more than 14 offensive points. With thier run D though, I think the Eagles will find things tough to get going, especially if Pat is healthy. Preventing big plays will be key for the Eagles Defense, but may be key for the Eagles offense to be successful. Turnovers will be important as well, if Donovan can keep the ball out of defenders hands, the Eagles have a good shot. The defense also needs to keep thigns going, and causing a few turnovers will help a bunch. I think the Eagles will win 24-13, but then again, I thought the Dallas game would have been 17-13 Eagles, so it will depend heavily on momentum and turnovers.

cunningham06
12-30-2008, 05:41 PM
and if you remember, there aren't many running QBs who do much damage on us. Even Vick, when he was at his most dangerous, never really hurt the Eagles much. I don't think Tarvaris will pose too much of a threat as a runner, meaning I don't expect more than 40 yards out of him at the very, very most.

Definitely agree here. Trent Cole is great at controlling his gap and not overpursuing. Also our LB's have great range (certainly better than in the days of Trotter), so I expect we will do a QB spy with one of the linebackers for quite a bit of the game.

eaglesalltheway
01-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Definitely agree here. Trent Cole is great at controlling his gap and not overpursuing. Also our LB's have great range (certainly better than in the days of Trotter), so I expect we will do a QB spy with one of the linebackers for quite a bit of the game.

It isn't just Cole, JJ and the position coaches must scream at the defenders every day about maintaining gap control, because it seems every player on defense does a great job with it. Do you think they'll use Bradley, or will Jordan have some of those responsibilities? I honestly don't even know, it will probably be about even, but Tarvaris doesn't seem as dynamic as some of the QBs the defense has faced under JJ. Seneca Wallace was pretty tough at times for the defense, but he didn't cause too much problems, and I really don't know if Jackson is much better than him in terms of scrambling and running.

eaglesalltheway
01-01-2009, 12:36 PM
Tarvaris has started 4 (5?) games this year.
He has 26 rushes on the season, so~ 6 or 7 rushes per game.
He has 140 yds on the season, or~ 35 yards rushing per start.
He averages 5.3 ypc, which may be scewed a bit low depending on how many of those rushes are kneel downs.

Bottom line, our defense will be able to keep his threat as a rusher very low.

Zyro_1014
01-02-2009, 12:46 AM
I am not going to overlook the vikings game one bit, but i do feel as though we are scary to most of the teams in the NFC. If we can stay balanced we are one of the best teams in the league, we just need Andy Reid to realize that.

I think we need to come out and let them know we arent going to let Peterson beat us. Putting 8 or 9 in the box and making Tavarris Jackson beat us with his arm.

woodnick
01-03-2009, 11:34 AM
Hey guys, theres a forum mock thats being set up if anybody is interested. There are still something like 12 GM spots available if people are interested.

For people that haven't participated in a forum mock in the past they should check it out, they are tons of fun.

Sign-up deadline is tonight, so try to hurry.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...t=28445&page=3

Number 10
01-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Nice win. The game went exactly how I thought it would and you guys are on another level than the Vikings.

I did not want to play the Eagles in the postseason, they are the team in the NFC that has the best shot at knocking us off our repeat run.

Go_Eagles77
01-04-2009, 08:22 PM
I'm happy we won obviously, but it wsan't exactly how I hoped we'd beat an inferior team. I'm looking forward to next week, but I'm not very confident, not as much as I was before today at least.

Number 10
01-04-2009, 08:31 PM
The matchups are simply this:

Jim Johnson vs. Kevin Gilbride

Steve Spagnuolo vs. Andy Reid

Todd Bertuzzi
01-05-2009, 12:41 AM
Reid did a good job of sticking to the run today even when it wasn't going too well and aside from that 40 yard run we basically shut down Peterson. It was a little close for my comfort, but in the end they got the W.

Sniper
01-05-2009, 08:53 AM
You know what's amazing? We ***** and moan about our receivers, and at times, rightfully so. However, 10 Eagles, yes, 10, had 247 yards receiving or more. Not one cracked 1,000 nor did anyone besides DeSean crack 500, but it is a fairly deep receiving corps.

bsaza2358
01-05-2009, 01:32 PM
The group of receivers does the job, but the lack of overall explosiveness and the lack of a clear go to guy is a weakness. It is a bit overblown (i.e. the Eagles can throw to any guy at any time), but when you absolutely need a reception for 10 yards, are any of you supremely confident in any of our WR's to get open and make the catch? I'm not.

bigbluedefense
01-05-2009, 01:35 PM

dammit....

Go_Eagles77
01-05-2009, 01:44 PM
Check out the sig. 2nd week in a row Clemons completely owned someone, one of my favorite moments of the season.

Sniper
01-05-2009, 04:24 PM
The group of receivers does the job, but the lack of overall explosiveness and the lack of a clear go to guy is a weakness. It is a bit overblown (i.e. the Eagles can throw to any guy at any time), but when you absolutely need a reception for 10 yards, are any of you supremely confident in any of our WR's to get open and make the catch? I'm not.

Of course not. I was just pointing out the depth.

bsaza2358
01-07-2009, 10:37 AM
As Scott likes to say, "When you have a lot of something, you really don't have much of anything." I would be much more comfortable if the team improved its overall WR corps, but I don't see that happening. I think Baskett, Avant, DJax, and Curtis are back next year for sure. Reggie Brown is also possible. It is a solid group, but I am not thrilled with the lack of top to bottom explosiveness, especially outside of DJax.

Sniper
01-07-2009, 02:36 PM
Peter King just named Stewart Bradley to his All-Pro team....

Wow.

eaglesalltheway
01-07-2009, 03:06 PM
You know what's amazing? We ***** and moan about our receivers, and at times, rightfully so. However, 10 Eagles, yes, 10, had 247 yards receiving or more. Not one cracked 1,000 nor did anyone besides DeSean crack 500, but it is a fairly deep receiving corps.

That is what I have said since the beginning of the season. We have a lot of solid receiving threats, but we don't have that huge threat at WR that would take us to the next level.

eaglesalltheway
01-07-2009, 03:09 PM
As Scott likes to say, "When you have a lot of something, you really don't have much of anything." I would be much more comfortable if the team improved its overall WR corps, but I don't see that happening. I think Baskett, Avant, DJax, and Curtis are back next year for sure. Reggie Brown is also possible. It is a solid group, but I am not thrilled with the lack of top to bottom explosiveness, especially outside of DJax.

Exactly. Its like I've said for the past three years. Unless we get a WR who can be that #1 threat, we really shouldn't get any, it will be just another name and face. DJax is an upgrade over what we have, but I still say that #1 threat would improve the entire receiving corps, especially DJax.

eaglesalltheway
01-07-2009, 03:11 PM
Peter King just named Stewart Bradley to his All-Pro team....

Wow.

Hell I love Bradley, but I can name at least 3 or 4 MLBs (more if you include ILBs in 3-4s) who I would say had a better season than him. I love Bradley and think he will become even greater than he is, but right now I can't see how anyone could say he was the best MLB or even top 2 or 3 in the league this year.

eaglesalltheway
01-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Anyone else willing to cut Chris Gocong some slack? He has been playing realy well the last 6 games or so...

Sniper
01-07-2009, 03:13 PM
Anyone else willing to cut Chris Gocong some slack? He has been playing realy well the last 6 games or so...

No. Sorry. I'll cut him slack when he learns to cover.

camp_eagles
01-07-2009, 03:32 PM

I will I love the way he has been playing in the last few weeks also it is only his second season playing Linebacker so I cut him some slack for that but next year it stops becoming an excuse for his subpar cover skills

eaglesalltheway
01-07-2009, 03:35 PM
He has even improved on coverage lately. Earlier in the year he got beat a bunch, and now he is in position to make the tackle right after the catch, if not keeping enough pressure on the receiver to kepp the catch from being made. He isn't s good cover LB by any means, but he is certainly improving on that thorughout the season. His run stopping capabilities are really becoming fun to watch, he makes a few good plays a game stopping the run, which is where he has helped pay dividends the most.

Sniper
01-07-2009, 05:08 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80df3285

Anatomy of a Play: Brian Westbrook's TD against the Vikings.

Notice the great blocking from Buckhalter, Cole and Curtis as well as Jackson's sprint to shield the corner.

camp_eagles
01-07-2009, 05:49 PM
No. Sorry. I'll cut him slack when he learns to cover.

Would you rather go back to the bow tie wearing, air guitar playing Dhani Jones?

Sniper
01-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Would you rather go back to the bow tie wearing, air guitar playing Dhani Jones?

Well, Dhani Jones WAS from Michigan after all...:D

Sniper
01-12-2009, 07:27 AM
Everyone ripped on Broderick Bunkley after his rookie year (save a few, including me :D ) but man has he become something special. He's never going to be a huge stats guy, but he is terrific. He did a fantastic job against a really good OL yesterday.

eaglesalltheway
01-12-2009, 07:27 AM
Well, Dhani Jones WAS from Michigan after all...:D

That answer alone clearly shows your Michigan homerism, haha.

eaglesalltheway
01-12-2009, 07:30 AM
Has anyone else joined the team in the beard? I haven't shaved in over a month and its nice going outside in 20 degree weather and having a warm face.

I say any Eagles fan capable of growing a beard should do so, keep the mojo going!

Also on the beard topic, in recent weeks I have noticed that Kevin Curtis looks like Jesus even moreso than normal.

Sniper
01-12-2009, 07:31 AM
Has anyone else joined the team in the beard? I haven't shaved in over a month and its nice going outside in 20 degree weather and having a warm face.

I say any Eagles fan capable of growing a beard should do so, keep the mojo going!

Also on the beard topic, in recent weeks I have noticed that Kevin Curtis looks like Jesus even moreso than normal.

Nah, I can't grow facial hair for ****. I figured I'd just let Andy handle it :D

eaglesalltheway
01-12-2009, 07:32 AM
Nah, I can't grow facial hair for ****. I figured I'd just let Andy handle it :D

I actually like his beard, with the red hair comin in all around his mouth. He looks like a Tiger, a morbidly obese Tiger.

bigbluedefense
01-12-2009, 12:46 PM
congrats guys. im still in mourning, but theres no denying it, you guys were simply the better team. i see you guys winning the SB this year.

Sniper
01-12-2009, 12:47 PM
congrats guys. im still in mourning, but theres no denying it, you guys were simply the better team. i see you guys winning the SB this year.

Keep it down over there!!!!!!

bigbluedefense
01-12-2009, 12:50 PM
Keep it down over there!!!!!!

honestly, none of the teams remaining are better than Philly. no way. maybe Pittsburgh, but I don't trust Ben at all.

you guys should win the SB, its yours for the taking.

I thought the winner of this game would win the SB. I didn't realize until I went to the game (i was there) how much we missed Burress. Thats when I realized, we had no chance. NOBODY was getting open at all, you can see it from the skyview, the Eagles dominated that game.

On top of that, you might not have caught it on TV, but McNabb had a horrible game. Forget the stats, he missed so many opportunities that you couldn't see from teh TV angle. Guys wide open for touchdowns, and McNabb either missed em or couldn't find em.

If McNabb plays halfway decent, that game isn't even close.

eaglesalltheway
01-13-2009, 06:38 AM
Everyone ripped on Broderick Bunkley after his rookie year (save a few, including me :D ) but man has he become something special. He's never going to be a huge stats guy, but he is terrific. He did a fantastic job against a really good OL yesterday.

I wasn't one of those guys Sniper, I understood his role in the defense, and his presence in his first year imporved the running game for the defense, which is one of the reasons I was a big fan of his all along. A lot of those people that were upset with his production didn't know what type of DT he is, they were expecting 10 sacks or some crazy number like that, when he just isn't that type of DT. Victor Abiamiri is similar to Bunkley in the respect that both are stout at the point of attack and have the capability to make plays in the backfield. Abiamiri has come along since he was activated in the season, he is getting his nose in there and getting his name called a lot, especially in recent weeks.

eaglesalltheway
01-13-2009, 06:39 AM

Is Brandon Jacobs on the boards? haha

eaglesalltheway
01-13-2009, 06:42 AM
honestly, none of the teams remaining are better than Philly. no way. maybe Pittsburgh, but I don't trust Ben at all.

you guys should win the SB, its yours for the taking.

I thought the winner of this game would win the SB. I didn't realize until I went to the game (i was there) how much we missed Burress. Thats when I realized, we had no chance. NOBODY was getting open at all, you can see it from the skyview, the Eagles dominated that game.

On top of that, you might not have caught it on TV, but McNabb had a horrible game. Forget the stats, he missed so many opportunities that you couldn't see from teh TV angle. Guys wide open for touchdowns, and McNabb either missed em or couldn't find em.

If McNabb plays halfway decent, that game isn't even close.

He didn't have a horrible game, but it certainly wasn't good. His QB rating (yeah I know) showed it, but I didn't expect a 300+ yard and 3 TD performance. As soon as I saw him with the gloves I knew he wouldn't be spectacular, he definitely has trouble throwing in the cold, compared to when he is in warmer whether.

bsaza2358
01-13-2009, 08:28 AM
McNabb's rating was influenced by 5-7 drops by WR's, but I also trust BBD's analysis. He is always insightful and honest about it. If he says McNabb missed chances, then I give him credit. I feel like the game was a lot further apart than the final score. For sure. The Eagles were 20 points better than the Giants on Sunday, IMO.