PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Eagles Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

twista6002
03-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Because they had the exact same amount of carries and played the exact same competition, right?

Yep, they did play the same exact competition. As a matter of fact, Greene did better against Northwestern, Wisconsin, Purdue, Michigan State and Penn State than did Wells. Whose opinions make zero sense now?

Sniper
03-07-2009, 05:11 PM
Yep, they did play the same exact competition. As a matter of fact, Greene did better against Northwestern, Wisconsin, Purdue, Michigan State and Penn State than did Wells. Whose opinions make zero sense now?

No, they didn't play the exact same competition. Maine, Florida International, Iowa State, Pitt...ringing a bell? There are games out of conference too. Just a little FYI, in case you didn't know.

Not to mention, anyone who saw both Iowa and OSU play can tell you Iowa's OL was infinitely better.

Sniper
03-07-2009, 05:14 PM
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30123

I didn't make a single post in that thread. I didn't even know you created it. Try otra vez.

Why don't you tell me more about this thread I allegedly posted in?

Sniper
03-07-2009, 05:17 PM
Mike Hart was second in the Big 10 in rushing as a junior. He was clearly a superior prospect to guys like your beloved Tony Hunt, Rashard Mendenhall, Chris Wells etc...

twista6002
03-07-2009, 08:23 PM
No, they didn't play the exact same competition. Maine, Florida International, Iowa State, Pitt...ringing a bell? There are games out of conference too. Just a little FYI, in case you didn't know.

Not to mention, anyone who saw both Iowa and OSU play can tell you Iowa's OL was infinitely better.

Iowa's offensive line has about as many NFL prospects as Ohio State's, and even though he sucked at pass pro, Alex Boone was still a decent run blocker.

twista6002
03-07-2009, 08:24 PM
Mike Hart was second in the Big 10 in rushing as a junior. He was clearly a superior prospect to guys like your beloved Tony Hunt, Rashard Mendenhall, Chris Wells etc...

What does Hart have anything to do with this?

twista6002
03-07-2009, 08:38 PM

Mike Hart: 1,562 yards, 4.9 YPC 14 TD
Tony Hunt: 1,386, 5.0 YPC, 11 TD
Rashard Mendenhall: 640 yards, 8.2 YPC 5 TD

Essentially the only difference is the number of carries, and Hart did this with one of the better offensive line prospects I've ever seen. You get an A for effort though ;)

Sniper
03-08-2009, 09:03 AM
Iowa's offensive line has about as many NFL prospects as Ohio State's, and even though he sucked at pass pro, Alex Boone was still a decent run blocker.

Iowa's offensive line was 50x better than Ohio State. This isn't up for debate.

Mike Hart: 1,562 yards, 4.9 YPC 14 TD
Tony Hunt: 1,386, 5.0 YPC, 11 TD
Rashard Mendenhall: 640 yards, 8.2 YPC 5 TD

Essentially the only difference is the number of carries, and Hart did this with one of the better offensive line prospects I've ever seen. You get an A for effort though ;)

Yeah, but he led the conference in rushing. That automatically means he's the best pro prospect, right? Kliff Kingsbury was a better pro prospect than everyone else because he threw for the most yards, right?

Why don't you tell me more about this thread I allegedly posted in?

Still waiting...

twista6002
03-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Iowa's offensive line was 50x better than Ohio State. This isn't up for debate.

LOL I hope you're not serious.

Yeah, but he led the conference in rushing. That automatically means he's the best pro prospect, right? Kliff Kingsbury was a better pro prospect than everyone else because he threw for the most yards, right?

I don't understand the point you're making here.

Sniper
03-08-2009, 04:28 PM
LOL I hope you're not serious.

I am. Why do you assume I'm not? Just because Ohio State was a better team doesn't mean that they have a better OL. Iowa's OL gave up less sacks despite 53 more pass attempts. Iowa's OL averaged 0.13 more yards per carry. Bryan Bulaga and Seth Olsen of Iowa were both significantly better than any OL that OSU had. Iowa had two OL make the All-Big 10 team and OSU had one (Boone, which we both know was a crock of ****).

I don't understand the point you're making here.

Jesus, how dense are you? You're making the case that Greene is a better prospect than Wells because he had better stats. What I'm trying to explain to you is that better stats don't always correlate with better pro prospect.

Find where I posted yet? You seem to have magically edited that quote out.

twista6002
03-08-2009, 04:44 PM
I am. Why do you assume I'm not? Just because Ohio State was a better team doesn't mean that they have a better OL. Iowa's OL gave up less sacks despite 53 more pass attempts. Iowa's OL averaged 0.13 more yards per carry. Bryan Bulaga and Seth Olsen of Iowa were both significantly better than any OL that OSU had. Iowa had two OL make the All-Big 10 team and OSU had one (Boone, which we both know was a crock of ****).

Jesus, how dense are you? You're making the case that Greene is a better prospect than Wells because he had better stats. What I'm trying to explain to you is that better stats don't always correlate with better pro prospect.

Find where I posted yet? You seem to have magically edited that quote out.

.13 more YPC! STOP THE PRESSES!
:eek:

And Greene's YPC was still greater than a .13 difference from Wells.

Oh and Wells had a QB teams had to gameplan around, whereas Greene was the entire Iowa offense, and he still had a better year. Wells had Robiskie and Pryor. Greene had um...Richard Stanzi and um Derrell Koulianos. Basically guys that would be on the bench at OSU.

And to get to your point about Hart, the only difference between him and Hunt and Mendenhall was carries. Hunt had a slightly better year in terms of YPC and Mendenhall easily eclipses him in that category. And Hart did that with one of the best run blocking lineman I've ever seen in college.

Oh and sorry about accusing you of posting in my Greene > Beanie thread, but with the way you act when either name is mentioned, you couldn't blame me.

Sniper
03-08-2009, 04:52 PM
.13 more YPC! STOP THE PRESSES!
:eek:

And Greene's YPC was still greater than a .13 difference from Wells.

Again, Greene got to play against an absolutely awful out of conference schedule.

Oh and Wells had a QB teams had to gameplan around

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA that's ******* epic. Yeah, teams gameplan around true freshman QBs all the time. You fail.

whereas Greene was the entire Iowa offense, and he still had a better year. Wells had Robiskie and Pryor. Greene had um...Richard Stanzi and um Derrell Koulianos. Basically guys that would be on the bench at OSU.

Koulianos- 44 catches, 639 yards, 14.5 ypc, 3 TD
Robiskie- 42 catches, 535 yards, 12.7 ypc, 8 TD

Iowa had three guys with at least 34 receptions. Ohio State had one. Iowa had six guys with double-digit receptions. Ohio State had five. Pryor and Stanzi were basically a wash throwing the ball.

And to get to your point about Hart, the only difference between him and Hunt and Mendenhall was carries. Hunt had a slightly better year in terms of YPC and Mendenhall easily eclipses him in that category. And Hart did that with one of the best run blocking lineman I've ever seen in college.

Super. Jake Long was great. Did you ever bother watching the other four OL? Dog ****. Absolute crappiness.

Oh and sorry about accusing you of posting in my Greene > Beanie thread, but with the way you act when either name is mentioned, you couldn't blame me.

So in the end, you've done nothing to refute your belief that the best way to determine who the better prospect is stems purely from collegiate stats. You'd probably draft Timmy Chang #1 overall.

twista6002
03-08-2009, 05:12 PM
Again, Greene got to play against an absolutely awful out of conference schedule.

Common opponents

Minnesota
Wells: 17-106-0
Greene: 22-144-2

Wisconsin:
Wells: 22-168-1
Greene: 25-217-4

Purdue
Wells: 22-94-0
Greene: 30-211-2

Michigan State
Wells: 31-140-2
Greene: 30-157-0

Penn State
Wells: 22-55-0
Greene: 28-117-2

Northwestern
Wells: 28-140-2
Greene: 21-159-1

Illinois
Wells: 24-143-1
Greene: 21-103-1

Total stats against common opponents (7 games)
Wells: 166 carries, 846 yards, 6 TD, 5.10 YPC
Greene: 177 carries, 1,089, 12 TD, 6.15 YPC

That's a pretty vast difference.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA that's ******* epic. Yeah, teams gameplan around true freshman QBs all the time. You fail.

Big 10 defenses aren't stupid. Pryor isn't your average freshman QB. Believe me, he was taken into consideration every week when a team was gameplanning. And even if he isn't as great as advertised, it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to be more worried about him than Richard Stanzi.

Koulianos- 44 catches, 639 yards, 14.5 ypc, 3 TD
Robiskie- 42 catches, 535 yards, 12.7 ypc, 8 TD

Iowa had three guys with at least 34 receptions. Ohio State had one. Iowa had six guys with double-digit receptions. Ohio State had five. Pryor and Stanzi were basically a wash throwing the ball.

Iowa as a team also threw the ball 53 more times than OSU.

Super. Jake Long was great. Did you ever bother watching the other four OL? Dog ****. Absolute crappiness.

And Michigan still had as many NFL prospects on its line as PSU. And Jake Long is a hell of a lot better than Levi Brown.

So in the end, you've done nothing to refute your belief that the best way to determine who the better prospect is stems purely from collegiate stats. You'd probably draft Timmy Chang #1 overall.

Way to be a simpleton. Chang played in a pass-happy gimmick offense against no real competition. If you were to tell me 2 guys played in similar offenses against the same competition and one was vastly better, I'd take him.

Thumper
03-08-2009, 05:16 PM
Jeez guys, ever heard of the draft thread? I don't want either of them, Shady FTW!

twista6002
03-08-2009, 05:17 PM
Jeez guys, ever heard of the draft thread? I don't want either of them, Shady FTW!

Yes I agree.

Go_Eagles77
03-08-2009, 06:10 PM
I'll take Knowshon.

Todd Bertuzzi
03-08-2009, 06:11 PM
I'll take Knowshon.

Ditto...........

twista6002
03-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Can't go wrong with Moreno or McCoy. Just for the love of god no Wells

Todd Bertuzzi
03-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Personally I'm fine with all 3. Any combo of Wells, Moreno, McCoy, Oher, Pettigrew, Britton, Nicks and Britt is fine with me in the first.

Go_Eagles77
03-08-2009, 06:17 PM
I know it's very unlikely, but Moreno and Nicks in the 1st would be amazing and give me a tingly feeling in my pants.

twista6002
03-08-2009, 06:20 PM
I don't know how you feel about the current line situation, but to me Britton is more of a RT than LT. I watched him in HS and he always had feet that were a tad slow. Strong as an ox though. He could play guard too IMO. I just don't see him panning out as a LT. If we really want an LT this draft, we should try to trade for Monroe or J. Smith. Beaty isn't a 1st rounder. If not a LT, but still a lineman, we can probably sit and wait for Oher or Britton, maybe A. Smith or Mack.

Thumper
03-08-2009, 07:11 PM
I don't know how you feel about the current line situation, but to me Britton is more of a RT than LT. I watched him in HS and he always had feet that were a tad slow. Strong as an ox though. He could play guard too IMO. I just don't see him panning out as a LT. If we really want an LT this draft, we should try to trade for Monroe or J. Smith. Beaty isn't a 1st rounder. If not a LT, but still a lineman, we can probably sit and wait for Oher or Britton, maybe A. Smith or Mack.

OK I agree that Britton is more of a RT but Beatty isn't a LT?

Wow. He is one of my favorites. He has the feet, quickness, long arms and technique to keep most pass rushers at bay. All he needs to do is get stronger and he is a good if not great LT in the NFL.

Andre Smith is a RT or an OG. I love Alex Mack and would love to get him.

Oher just screams second coming of Winston Justice to me. Same build, same hype, same athleticism, mental questions and are being hyped based on potential not on results in college.

I am weary of trading up in the draft but getting Monroe or Smith would be FANTASTIC.

Thumper
03-08-2009, 07:14 PM
I'll take Knowshon.

not his biggest fan. I see him as being very average, you know, the guy that gets 800-1100 yards a year with 5-8 TDs on like 4.1 yards a carry. I don't like him because he just doesn't have an area where he stands out, is he a gamebreaker? No. Is he a powerback? No. He gets by on fundamentals alot of the time and thats all well and good but...

I'm just not a fan. He will be good but not the type of RB I would want on the Eagles.

twista6002
03-08-2009, 07:17 PM
OK I agree that Britton is more of a RT but Beatty isn't a LT?

Wow. He is one of my favorites. He has the feet, quickness, long arms and technique to keep most pass rushers at bay. All he needs to do is get stronger and he is a good if not great LT in the NFL.

Andre Smith is a RT or an OG. I love Alex Mack and would love to get him.

Oher just screams second coming of Winston Justice to me. Same build, same hype, same athleticism, mental questions and are being hyped based on potential not on results in college.

I am weary of trading up in the draft but getting Monroe or Smith would be FANTASTIC.

Should've reworded it. I said Beatty is LT (and almost strictly LT) but he isn't 1st round caliber.

cunningham06
03-08-2009, 09:38 PM
not his biggest fan. I see him as being very average, you know, the guy that gets 800-1100 yards a year with 5-8 TDs on like 4.1 yards a carry. I don't like him because he just doesn't have an area where he stands out, is he a gamebreaker? No. Is he a powerback? No. He gets by on fundamentals alot of the time and thats all well and good but...

I'm just not a fan. He will be good but not the type of RB I would want on the Eagles.

If you don't think his elusiveness is an area where he stands out, I question whether you have seen many of his games. He doesn't have top end speed, but he is a bit faster on the field than his 4.6 leads you to believe. He is good catching the ball, between the tackles, and will embarass you in space. Granted he may not be the guy who takes it 80 yards because he won't outrun many NFL safeties and cornerbacks, but he isn't going to be an Edgerrin James either. I expect he will be a damn good running back in the NFL because he is patient, has great vision, and extremely good body control. If the Eagles got him I would be very excited, but I would prefer us get a bigger more powerful back since we already have Westbrook.

eaglesalltheway
03-09-2009, 06:24 AM
I never said he was frequently burned. I meant that as a hypothetical statement. He's not Roy Williams, but he's not LaRon Landry either.

Funny, I've disagreed with numerous Eagles fans before and never been called a troll. It's not because you have different opinions. It's because your opinions make zero sense.

What you talking bout snipe? ur the trolliest person everzzzz;).

eaglesalltheway
03-09-2009, 06:26 AM
Maybe if Sniper was correcting your spelling and grammar, twista, you could call him a troll, but calling him a troll because he disagrees with you is frekin hilarious. I guess I'm next on twista's troll list because I want Boldin...

garrard9
03-09-2009, 10:56 AM
As a Jags fan, what can I expect of Tra Thomas?

Sniper
03-09-2009, 12:15 PM
As a Jags fan, what can I expect of Tra Thomas?

He's still a decent pass blocker, but he gets virtually no push out in the run game.

eaglesalltheway
03-09-2009, 01:44 PM
He's still a decent pass blocker, but he gets virtually no push out in the run game.

He is a good pass blocker, not to nitpick, but he still is pretty good in that regard, but doesn't get much push in the run game. Going up against Freeny migh help in the run game, but Mario Williams will be tough for him...(he's tough for everyone though)

Thumper
03-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Hmmmm... you're far behind on the news.

Biggest Story being the Eagles are rumored to be targeting Jason Peters.
http://www.eaglesrumors.com/2009/03/10/eagles-rumors-targeting-jason-peters/
http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/als09scoop.html

I like what the Eagles are doing, they're getting guys that are all around the same age and putting them along the line, automatically creating a little bit of chemistry. I love the chemistry the Eagles are making, Stacy Andrews is Shawn Andrews brother and Peters was Andrews linemate at Arkansas. Peters is coming off of a questionable year but he has loads of talent and has the ability to be a topshelf LT. He is a hard worker he worked himself from being an undrafted rookie free agent to -> practice squad player -> to 3rd string TE/ST's player -> to starting RT -> to a top starting LT in less than 3 seasons from 2004 to 2006.

The Eagles have supposedly made an offer on Leonard Weaver.
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2009/3/10/788965/clayton-eagles-to-make-off
Weaver is one of the best FB in the NFL and I would be thrilled to have him in an Eagles uniform.Weaver is a WCO FB. He is a better receiver and pass protector than lead blocker, but that doesn't mean he can't do it. Let's face it, an average lead blocker would be an upgrade from last season, and while not a stud at it, Weaver is slightly better than average. He is also a decent short yardage runner.

Eagles sign FS Rashad Baker
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=17530

The Philadelphia Eagles today announced they have signed safety Rashad Baker to a one-year contract.

A product of Woodrow Wilson High School in Camden, NJ, the 27-year-old Baker joins the Eagles after a two-year stint with the Oakland Raiders. In 2008, Baker recorded 24 tackles and a career-high three interceptions for the Raiders. He joined Oakland late in the 2007 season after playing eight games for the New England Patriots that year.

Baker (5-10, 200) originally entered the NFL as a rookie free agent with Buffalo in 2004, posting 53 tackles, two interceptions and one sack in 28 games with the Bills from 2004-05. He played in one game with Minnesota in 2006 before being released and claimed off waivers by the Patriots during that season.

For his career, Baker has played in 52 games (four starts), recording 78 tackles, five interceptions, six passes defensed, and one sack. After a stellar career as a wide receiver and track athlete at Woodrow Wilson HS, Baker went on to become a four-year starter at Tennessee.

The Eagles are targeting Angelo Crowell
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/RumorMill.asp

Thats the rundown

eaglesalltheway
03-12-2009, 06:28 AM
Hmmmm... you're far behind on the news.

Biggest Story being the Eagles are rumored to be targeting Jason Peters.
http://www.eaglesrumors.com/2009/03/10/eagles-rumors-targeting-jason-peters/
http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/als09scoop.html

I like what the Eagles are doing, they're getting guys that are all around the same age and putting them along the line, automatically creating a little bit of chemistry. I love the chemistry the Eagles are making, Stacy Andrews is Shawn Andrews brother and Peters was Andrews linemate at Arkansas. Peters is coming off of a questionable year but he has loads of talent and has the ability to be a topshelf LT. He is a hard worker he worked himself from being an undrafted rookie free agent to -> practice squad player -> to 3rd string TE/ST's player -> to starting RT -> to a top starting LT in less than 3 seasons from 2004 to 2006.

The Eagles have supposedly made an offer on Leonard Weaver.
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2009/3/10/788965/clayton-eagles-to-make-off
Weaver is one of the best FB in the NFL and I would be thrilled to have him in an Eagles uniform.Weaver is a WCO FB. He is a better receiver and pass protector than lead blocker, but that doesn't mean he can't do it. Let's face it, an average lead blocker would be an upgrade from last season, and while not a stud at it, Weaver is slightly better than average. He is also a decent short yardage runner.

Eagles sign FS Rashad Baker
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=17530

The Eagles are targeting Angelo Crowell
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/RumorMill.asp

Thats the rundown

Wouldn't mind Jason Peters at all. I'd rather go after a younger guy though, but he'd be a good addition. What do you think it would take for us to get him? 3rd and conditional 4th?

Leonard Weaver, HURRAY, a ***** real FB. I hope they sign him, he's been someone I'm wondering about for a while now.

Baker is a good signing, he could potentially be our second string FS if Demps wins a starting spot, Jones would be the backup SS. If Jones wins the SS job and Mikell is the FS, he won't stick around for long.

Wouldn't mind Crowell either, he would at least challenge Gocong for a starting spot. I can't say I like it a lot because this would mean that the team has given up on Gocong or is delaying his progression, which is very good right now.

eaglesalltheway
03-12-2009, 06:31 AM
One thing I noticed in that rumor page, the team working out Donald Brown. I really like him, its probably already been sayed, but theres a reason for it. He reminds me a lot of Matt Forte. Brown would be a good fit for us with his abilities in all aspects of the game. I think if the Eagles don't take a RB in the first, they may be targetting him in the second...

Thumper
03-12-2009, 05:05 PM
One thing I noticed in that rumor page, the team working out Donald Brown. I really like him, its probably already been sayed, but theres a reason for it. He reminds me a lot of Matt Forte. Brown would be a good fit for us with his abilities in all aspects of the game. I think if the Eagles don't take a RB in the first, they may be targetting him in the second...

He reminds me of DeAngelo Williams

bsaza2358
03-12-2009, 05:13 PM
If they're working him out, it is pretty likely that they're not targeting him in the first round, but they do see some things on film and paper that they want to check up on in person. Another physical, drills, etc. He is a solid player. I like him, but not in Round 1.

eaglesalltheway
03-12-2009, 05:26 PM
If they're working him out, it is pretty likely that they're not targeting him in the first round, but they do see some things on film and paper that they want to check up on in person. Another physical, drills, etc. He is a solid player. I like him, but not in Round 1.

Agreed, as I said, I would like to get him in the second if the team chooses not to go RB in the first.

eaglesalltheway
03-12-2009, 05:29 PM
And Snipe, I know you'll notice, but I spelled "said" as "sayed"...

WTF, I've had some big mental blunders recently...

Todd Bertuzzi
03-14-2009, 12:53 PM
So the Rams released Holt today. Still wanna trade Juqua for him Twista?

I'm fine with the Eagles going after him if the price is right.

eaglesalltheway
03-14-2009, 03:58 PM
Another reason I wasn't the biggest fan of that trade, we could've got him later if we really want him. That said, I still don't think the Eagles go after him, and I wouldn't watnt hem to, he isn't going to be that much of an upgrade to the #2 WR spot... Also, I think twista was banned, possibly permanantly this time...

I dislocated and/or broke my left ring finger today playing football, it sucks typing with it beign all taped up, haha. I think it was just dislcated though, so I'm fine I think.

Todd Bertuzzi
03-14-2009, 06:31 PM
Another reason I wasn't the biggest fan of that trade, we could've got him later if we really want him. That said, I still don't think the Eagles go after him, and I wouldn't watnt hem to, he isn't going to be that much of an upgrade to the #2 WR spot... Also, I think twista was banned, possibly permanantly this time...

I dislocated and/or broke my left ring finger today playing football, it sucks typing with it beign all taped up, haha. I think it was just dislcated though, so I'm fine I think.

Well isn't that a shame :rolleyes:

Thumper
03-14-2009, 08:55 PM
There seems to be an assumption among NFL Analysts that the Eagles are looking to trade up for an elite LT in the draft. I don't completely agree but I wouldn't rule it out. I would be thrilled if the Eagles managed to net Eugene Monroe or Jason Smith.

I can definitely see that happening. Lets look at this. Todd Herramens just had a fantastic season at LG so why would the Eagles move him? Shawn Andrews is a RT not a LT and Stacy Andrews is sure as hell not a LT. The Eagles have been stockpiling draft picks and have a ton of ammo. I would absolutely love to get Eugene Monroe who IMO is the next great LT in the NFL.

With the recent trade of Cory Redding to Seattle, BJ Raji is out, with the signing of TJ Houshmandzedah, Crabtree is out. Curry is probably gone to either the Rams or Chiefs so who do they take? Or do they trade down with the Eagles? I don't know about you but I want Eugene Monroe.

eaglesalltheway
03-14-2009, 11:01 PM
We don't have wuite enough ammo to go up into the top 5 area, and not even top 10 I'd sayu...

Sniper
03-14-2009, 11:41 PM
We don't have wuite enough ammo to go up into the top 5 area, and not even top 10 I'd sayu...

Definitely won't have enough ammo after trading for Q! :D

Go_Eagles77
03-15-2009, 09:42 AM
I really don't want to trade into the top 10, but it makes a lot of sense with the amount of draft picks we are acquiring.

eaglesalltheway
03-15-2009, 12:02 PM
Definitely won't have enough ammo after trading for Q! :D

I god, don't even get me going, if we could get Q, oh dear lord.

eaglesalltheway
03-15-2009, 12:04 PM
I really don't want to trade into the top 10, but it makes a lot of sense with the amount of draft picks we are acquiring.

Why not, you can't say you wouldn't want to right now, because we don't know hwo is available... There are plenty of situations where I'd want them to trade up into the top 12 or so, but its just a matter of how certain things fall...

Bills2083
03-16-2009, 09:59 AM
It would take more than a 3rd/conditional 4th for Peters IMO.
anyway, do you think the eagles would be willing to move up to 11 for a tackle?

bsaza2358
03-16-2009, 10:12 AM
I agree that it will take more than a conditional 4th for Peters.

The Eagles have shown that they will make trades based on whether they like a player. They moved up to go get Andrews and McDougle, and they have also stood pat and traded back in the 10 years Reid/Banner have been in charge. If they love a guy and think he's a value at 11, then they'll make it happen if they can get a deal done.

eaglesalltheway
03-16-2009, 11:34 AM
I agree that it will take more than a conditional 4th for Peters.

The Eagles have shown that they will make trades based on whether they like a player. They moved up to go get Andrews and McDougle, and they have also stood pat and traded back in the 10 years Reid/Banner have been in charge. If they love a guy and think he's a value at 11, then they'll make it happen if they can get a deal done.

Agreed, if there is a guy they value highly who they doubt will make it to them, they will make an attempt to get a trade done. If Both Smiths and Monroe are gone I doubt they go up to 11. I don't think the Eagles will trade up to 11 for Oher, though I wouldn't mind. If they would trade up for Oher, it would have to be if he is still available around the pick 15 range...

Thumper
03-16-2009, 07:05 PM
Another thing I like is how alot of people are contacting the Eagles. Free Agents want to be an Eagle because the Eagles are young and coming off a NFC Championship game. Teams contact the Eagles because the Eagles ahve enough ammo to complete a three team deal or enough ammo to get a star player. I love it.

Sniper
03-16-2009, 10:33 PM
Another thing I like is how alot of people are contacting the Eagles. Free Agents want to be an Eagle because the Eagles are young and coming off a NFC Championship game. Teams contact the Eagles because the Eagles ahve enough ammo to complete a three team deal or enough ammo to get a star player. I love it.

The Eagles are not exactly young...Well, actually, maybe younger than I initially thought when I read that. Getting rid of Tra Thomas, Brian Dawkins, Jon Runyan etc... sure brings down the average age. My question is this. If players want to be Eagles, why isn't the F.O doing anything?

Thumper
03-17-2009, 12:16 AM
The Eagles are not exactly young...Well, actually, maybe younger than I initially thought when I read that. Getting rid of Tra Thomas, Brian Dawkins, Jon Runyan etc... sure brings down the average age. My question is this. If players want to be Eagles, why isn't the F.O doing anything?

Because they're cheap (business savvy). They've had 2 marquee players outright say they would love to play for the Eagles (Weaver, Housh). The FO wants to even younger and getting players like Housh might make them better in the short run but not in the long run so the Eagles don't consider players like him. Weaver wanted RB as a FB so the Eagles just denied him. Players know the Eagles atmosphere, it is a tight knit locker room and the coaching is steady and the team is young and successful. Philly is a desirable team to be on right now with good young talent at most spots.

EDIT: I really like what I'm hearing from Jack Ikegwuonu and I am excited to see him play because he was a very good corner in college and the #4 CB job is his to win. (Watch the newest Eagles report on the Eagles homepage).

eaglesalltheway
03-17-2009, 06:16 AM
With the cap space and amount of picks, with lots of value in them, they have been in position this off-season to do whatever they choose. Now that the Free Agent market doesn't have any of the first tier guys left, it puts the Eagles in position to sign whoever they would want. Of course they won't be signing everyone, but I'd say Leonard Weaver isn't out of the realm of possibilities...

Team know come draft day the Eagles are going to be busy. Teams looking to trade down will contact the Eagles before almost any other team in the draft, because of the extra ammo we have, and relatively small amount of needs.

eaglesalltheway
03-17-2009, 06:29 AM

Eagles starters 4 or less years into their career...
DeSean
Celek
MJG (LG-potentially)
Jackson and N. Cole are both 4 or less, whoever wins there...
Shawn
T. Cole
Patterson
Bunk
Abiamiri (potentially)
Gocong
Bradley
Gaither/Jordan

Thats 12 out of 22 starting spots inhabited by young, talented players, and there are more spots with guys 4 or 5 years into their career.
Herremans
Mikell
Jones
Brown
Samuel

That makes 15 out of 22 starters relatively young. If Demps wins FS, our team is even younger. Our only "old" starters are...
McNabb
Westy
Curtis

Our defense is especially young, and talented as well. I'd expect another top 5ish defense every season for at least the next 3-5 years...

Go_Eagles77
03-20-2009, 01:48 PM
Eagles sign Leonard Weaver
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4000682
Definitely a good move, he could be very good in our offense.

Sniper
03-20-2009, 01:52 PM

Excellent. It didn't look like he'd sign here...

Thumper
03-20-2009, 04:24 PM

Hell yes! Bye Dan Klecko (as a FB) and Kyle Eckel! We've got a real FB now. BTW I think that Weaver will be taking the short yardage carries so... no RB early IMO. Maybe Andre Brown in the third.

brat316
03-20-2009, 05:19 PM
Hell yes! Bye Dan Klecko (as a FB) and Kyle Eckel! We've got a real FB now. BTW I think that Weaver will be taking the short yardage carries so... no RB early IMO. Maybe Andre Brown in the third.

Get out of here no RB early.

Even though Westbrook started he carrier late, the Eagles forced him to catch up to his age by just giving him the ball(who wouldn't).

After loosing Buck, there definitely needs to be another back to take the load off, and spell him. And then eventually replace him.

Sure you don't need a short yardage back, but who is going to be in front of Weaver, blocking for him?

This just helps add a fullback, you still pick the best RB available.

Thumper
03-20-2009, 09:01 PM
Get out of here no RB early.

Even though Westbrook started he carrier late, the Eagles forced him to catch up to his age by just giving him the ball(who wouldn't).

After loosing Buck, there definitely needs to be another back to take the load off, and spell him. And then eventually replace him.

Sure you don't need a short yardage back, but who is going to be in front of Weaver, blocking for him?

This just helps add a fullback, you still pick the best RB available.

I know but knowing Andy Reid he will probably do that. Weaver was looking for more carries and that is why he chose Philly and I could see him used similarly to Le'ron McClain (probably alot less though).

Plus you act like taking a RB in the third is such a travesty. The talent at the top is not that great and there is tons of talent that should be there in the third. There will be Rashad Jennings, Andre Brown, Jeremiah Johnson, Javon Ringer, Cedric Peerman and Shonn Greene available most likely so...

Then you could take a situational guy later on like Glen Coffee, Arian Foster and Kory Sheets as a third down back due to their size in the short yardage game, ability to catch the ball and their ability to pass block. Or Antone Smith, Devin Moore and Ian Johnson as a change of pace smaller back. Then there are the big backs like Javarris Williams, Gartrell Johnson and Herb Donaldson.

brat316
03-20-2009, 11:18 PM
I don't think a situational back is needed, Eagles have those in Weaver and Booker.

Thumper
03-20-2009, 11:28 PM
I don't think a situational back is needed, Eagles have those in Weaver and Booker.

what I'm saying is maybe get Andre Brown or Rashad Jennings in the third and then take a situational guy like Antone Smith.

Go_Eagles77
03-21-2009, 08:50 AM
Neither Weaver or Booker will be able to replace Westbrook in a couple years. Moreno, McCoy, or Brown would be able to.

Todd Bertuzzi
03-21-2009, 11:49 AM
Yes and what happens if Westbrook goes down? Who is going to fill in for him? We need a legit RB who will be able to step in for Westbrook when he gets injured which seems to be inevitable. Buckhalter was that kind of guy, but he's gone and I'm not too high on Booker. Getting any one of those guys mentioned by GE77 in the post above would be a great. Then we would have a legit backup which is even more important when your starter is as injury prone as Westbrook is. They would also be able to step in and take some of the load off of Westbrook's shoulders to help him avoid injuries and then eventually be groomed into his replacement in a few years. I mean he is 29 years old now and most runningbacks tend to slow down around the age of 30.

eaglesalltheway
03-23-2009, 08:32 AM
These two previous posts are why I still think RB will be addressed early. (First two rounds) I'm just glad we got the FB situation taken care of. Wasn't a signing either of us were expecting, though I new it was still possible. This will really help the offense a lot in so many ways. It will help our short yardage situation, whether he is carrying it or as a lead blocker. It will help improve the diverstiy of our passing offense as well. He is a good pass catcher and gives us another weapon out of the backfield, though he is completely different thatn Westy. He also will provide another solid pass protector if need be. I really like this signing, and is an underrated one so far. To be honest, I like this one just as much or more than Stacey Andrews' signing. This does eliminate FB as a need, however RB is still a major need for the team...

eaglesalltheway
03-23-2009, 08:42 AM
Hey Sniper, I know your a big Eric Church fan (as am I) and I figured I'd let you know I was at his concert last night. Only reason I'm putting it here is just in case you wouldn't catch it anywhere else. He had a woman, Ashley Rae, and another band, Jonathan Singleton and the Grove, open for him. Both are very good and I wouldn't be surprised to hear either on the radio eventually.

But Eric Church really put on a show. It was the first real concert I went to and man was it great. I could tell he really loves what he's doing (all of the people who performed actually) and our crowd was really into it, and it just brought his energy up even more. Hopefully if you don't catch what I put in the country music thread you'll see this, because I'm going to talk more about it over there...

Sniper
03-23-2009, 12:32 PM
Hey Sniper, I know your a big Eric Church fan (as am I) and I figured I'd let you know I was at his concert last night. Only reason I'm putting it here is just in case you wouldn't catch it anywhere else. He had a woman, Ashley Rae, and another band, Jonathan Singleton and the Grove, open for him. Both are very good and I wouldn't be surprised to hear either on the radio eventually.

But Eric Church really put on a show. It was the first real concert I went to and man was it great. I could tell he really loves what he's doing (all of the people who performed actually) and our crowd was really into it, and it just brought his energy up even more. Hopefully if you don't catch what I put in the country music thread you'll see this, because I'm going to talk more about it over there...

****, he was around here? Where?

eaglesalltheway
03-23-2009, 02:40 PM
****, he was around here? Where?

He was at Crocodile Rock last night at 7...

Thumper
03-23-2009, 10:37 PM
Braylon Edwards an Eagle?

Per Rotoworld:

Braylon Edwards-WR- Browns Mar. 23 - 7:59 pm et

There is reportedly "talk" at the Owners' Meetings of the Eagles expressing interest in Braylon Edwards.

The Giants definitely tried trading for Edwards, but the Eagles are new to the discussion. Both have also speculatively been linked to Anquan Boldin. The Browns claim they aren't shopping Edwards, but it's believed that everyone on their roster besides D'Qwell Jackson and Joe Thomas is available.

cunningham06
03-23-2009, 11:56 PM
I do not want Braylon, his hands are AWFUL. Worse than Reggie's...

Todd Bertuzzi
03-24-2009, 04:08 PM
I love Edwards. I would be more than happy if we got him and his price wouldn't be quite as high as Boldin's.

Sniper
03-24-2009, 04:17 PM

Right. :rolleyes: I remember the time Brown had 1,000+ yards and 16 TDs. Oh wait...

Please make this happen.

Todd Bertuzzi
03-24-2009, 04:21 PM

Nrk9I1jhJ9U

yes awful hands....

brat316
03-24-2009, 04:21 PM

Only in the clutch they are awful. I think T.O still had more drops

Sniper
03-24-2009, 04:22 PM
Only in the clutch they are awful. I think T.O still had more drops

False. In the clutch, Braylon makes every play. He drops a lot of routine balls, but he is ******* cash money in the clutch.

And now you've given me a reason to post one of my favorite Youtube videos! :D

SyUimlCCbXU

cunningham06
03-24-2009, 05:02 PM
Nrk9I1jhJ9U

yes awful hands....

I'm really hoping this is a joke... If we get him I guess he will just have to play every game blindfolded since he clearly catches better that way.

If you are arguing with me that his hands haven't been awful for the past two seasons, you haven't been watching him play. It's that simple. He led the NFL in dropped balls last season, and was second in dropped balls the season before. Ask any Browns fan this season, one of the big reasons for Derek Anderson's struggles was Braylon dropping everything thrown his way.

Sniper, I know you love Braylon, but he isn't in college anymore and isn't playing at the same level. Everything but catching he does pretty well, but he is just too inconsistent.

eaglesalltheway
03-24-2009, 07:32 PM
I certainly wouldn't mind this trade at all... Anything to get a #1 type Wr in this offense is something I would support. I like Braylon, he isn't Anquan Boldin, but if the price is right, I say go for it. The trade price should be cheaper for him than Boldin, so I'd be all for it assuming we don't give up too much... He does have inconsistent hands, but the number of drops probably has something to do with the amount of times he's been thrown to. I'm sure he was targetted a lot in a scheme where he was the main target in a system that only had two real weapons in the passing game. That being said, drops are a little worrisome, but he would be a great fit in Philly and would complete our offense.

brat316
03-24-2009, 08:27 PM
I doubt the browns are going to trade him, they probably are just look for a kings ransom. With Stallworth maybe in trouble, no KW2, Edwards is the only legit WR. Unless they are thinking of drafting Crabtree, and then Pettigrew with a first they get it still would be stupid. Having 2 rookies start with no vet in front.

eaglesalltheway
03-25-2009, 06:11 AM
I doubt the browns are going to trade him, they probably are just look for a kings ransom. With Stallworth maybe in trouble, no KW2, Edwards is the only legit WR. Unless they are thinking of drafting Crabtree, and then Pettigrew with a first they get it still would be stupid. Having 2 rookies start with no vet in front.

Well there is a new head coach and GM, I beleive, and perhaps they are entering a newer rebuilding mode, and if they can get good picks back they will do it. Having as many young talented guys as possible is not a bad idea for the Browns, as they have a good set of guys to build around...

camp_eagles
04-05-2009, 12:13 PM
Why does Kevin Kolb have to suck so much???
If he would have shown some promise in real game atmospheres instead of throwing picks for TDs he could have had decent trade value maybe a team like the bucs or detroit would give up a 2nd and a later round pick for him but no. hes just going to sit on the bench and have the philly media stir up some BS about how he will start after one bad play by donovan.

eaglesalltheway
04-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Why does Kevin Kolb have to suck so much???
If he would have shown some promise in real game atmospheres instead of throwing picks for TDs he could have had decent trade value maybe a team like the bucs or detroit would give up a 2nd and a later round pick for him but no. hes just going to sit on the bench and have the philly media stir up some BS about how he will start after one bad play by donovan.

There is no way the Eagles would have gotten a second for him anyway, even if he did do something successful in the Ravens game. Teams don't trade fro guys based off of one game. Schaub had three preseasons and at least 6 actual games for teams to look at. There isn't nearly enough footage of Kolb for NFL teams to want to trade for him for anything more than a 5th rounder right now, and even if he was great, there isn't enough tape for teams to want him in exchange for a second rounder, let alone anything more than that. In order for him to have the value you are looking for, he would have kept his job after the Ravens game, and that isn't good for the Eagles, because as we stand right now, McNabb is the better QB (would still be better IMO, if Kolb had won the game and impressed) and would fetch more in a trade.

gameplaya2435
04-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Kolb actually had a good drive going before that pick. I agree that he has been terrible, though.

cunningham06
04-05-2009, 09:15 PM
Give him time, we all knew he was a project when we drafted him. He needs some seasons to sit like Tony Romo had. I wouldn't want to deal him now anyway even if he did have good trade value, we need a future plan for when McNabb is too old to play. I haven't given up on him, but his play hasn't been encouraging.

eaglesalltheway
04-06-2009, 09:37 AM
Give him time, we all knew he was a project when we drafted him. He needs some seasons to sit like Tony Romo had. I wouldn't want to deal him now anyway even if he did have good trade value, we need a future plan for when McNabb is too old to play. I haven't given up on him, but his play hasn't been encouraging.

Agreed, I wouldnt want to trade him either. It would be a los/lose for us. If we trade him away, we won't get the value from the pick that he was, no matter what, and if he ends up turning into a great QB, then we really look dumb. We need to stick with him for at least two more years until we have a better idea on what he will be in the NFL, though I too am not encouraged by what I've seen...

Sniper
04-08-2009, 08:54 AM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/98334-eagles-eyeing-ocho-cinco?eref=fromSI

ESPN's Michael Smith said on NFL Live tonight that he's hearing the Eagles have interest in Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson. Rather than paraphrase what Smith is reporting, here's exactly what he said so you can decide for yourself whether this is just a rumor or something more. "I am hearing there is interest in Chad Johnson," Smith said. "Now there's been some back and forth as to whether or not he is officially on the market. I think everybody in Cincinnati has signed off on moving Chad Johnson except for owner Mike Brown. The Eagles could be in the picture. They have two first-round picks. They need a receiver." The other name Smith threw out there was Bills offensive tackle Jason Peters. Our beat guys have mentioned Peters' name in the past, and according to Smith, the Eagles have "engaged in serious discussions" with the Bills about him. Per Smith, those talks could heat up again as the draft approaches. Remember, Smith reported earlier this offseason that Donovan McNabb had met with Eagles management and wanted to see what weapons the Eagles would add before looking at a contract extension.

eaglesalltheway
04-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Ehh, not so big on Chad, at least compared to some of the other otions out there.

bsaza2358
04-08-2009, 11:30 AM
Johnson produces on the field, which is what we're really looking for. He is a big target and a red zone target, which is something the Eagles need. Adding his skills to that of Curtis and Jackson would be nice, but I agree that he's a second tier option compared to a Braylon Edwards or Boldin.

eaglesalltheway
04-08-2009, 11:53 AM
Id say the Eagles should do it, but only if the efforts for Boldin and Edwards have been exhausted. I'd want to know what he cost is though, haha.

camp_eagles
04-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Johnson produces on the field, which is what we're really looking for. He is a big target and a red zone target, which is something the Eagles need. Adding his skills to that of Curtis and Jackson would be nice, but I agree that he's a second tier option compared to a Braylon Edwards or Boldin.

I agree.

Johnson I think would be a good fit with us he and McNabb are friends. His ability to make catches near the sidelines is exceptional which is a key component of our passing game. His personality is nothing like TO which alot of people compare him to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV2prqqAs00
At 3:22 is a perfect example of his sideline ability.

P.S. I remember hearing about how during warm ups before the Cincy game this year Chad jumped in line with our receivers to catch a pass from Donovan

Thumper
04-08-2009, 03:50 PM
My problem with Chad is he is aging and he is coming off an injury riddled season that was one of his worst seasons to date. He doesn't help in the long term and his ability to help in the short term is questionable.

eaglesalltheway
04-08-2009, 04:02 PM
My problem with Chad is he is aging and he is coming off an injury riddled season that was one of his worst seasons to date. He doesn't help in the long term and his ability to help in the short term is questionable.

Those are the main reasons I would prefer the younger guys over him. Though I think he would help out for the next two years at least, after that it is really fuzzy what his role would be. He isn't a cancer in the locker room. You could say he is an attention *****, but he won't ruin the team chemistry. His abilities as a WR aren't what I question. His longevity however, is easily in doubt. You don't have to worry about that so mush with Either Boldin or Edwards.

camp_eagles
04-08-2009, 10:55 PM
Those are the main reasons I would prefer the younger guys over him. Though I think he would help out for the next two years at least, after that it is really fuzzy what his role would be. He isn't a cancer in the locker room. You could say he is an attention *****, but he won't ruin the team chemistry. His abilities as a WR aren't what I question. His longevity however, is easily in doubt. You don't have to worry about that so mush with Either Boldin or Edwards.

Those reasons are why i think Chad is the most likely because of the price to get those young guys.

eaglesalltheway
04-09-2009, 06:25 AM
Those reasons are why i think Chad is the most likely because of the price to get those young guys.

The team has to recognize value. It all depends on what they could potentially get done for each player. If getting Johnson would only take a second, or something equivalent to that, and the others are asking for a first and third, then I say yes, pull the trigger on CJ, but if his asking price is even close to Boldin or Edwards, it obviously would be better to go with one of them...

camp_eagles
04-09-2009, 10:33 AM
I think we all agree that the order in which we would want each receiver is:
1) Boldin
2) Edwards
3) Johnson (there is no way in my life that I will ever refer to him as Ocho Cinco on a regular basis)

eaglesalltheway
04-09-2009, 11:05 AM
I think we all agree that the order in which we would want each receiver is:
1) Boldin
2) Edwards
3) Johnson (there is no way in my life that I will ever refer to him as Ocho Cinco on a regular basis)

Agreed, 100%, especially on the Ocho Cinco garbage...

Thumper
04-09-2009, 01:14 PM
That is his name.... Chad Ocho-Sinco... Yeah...

Sniper
04-09-2009, 01:19 PM
That is his name.... Chad Ocho-Sinco... Yeah...

No, it's Ochocinco.

eaglesalltheway
04-09-2009, 01:21 PM
I don't care how its spelled, he will be Chad Johnson in my book, no matter where he is, haha

Thumper
04-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Chad Ocho Cinco

http://www.nfl.com/players/chadjohnson/profile?id=JOH104425

ahaha It must kill Roger Goodell to know he was beaten by Chad Johnson and now he has a receiver in his league legally named Chad Ocho Cinco.

eaglesalltheway
04-09-2009, 01:53 PM
If you just take those initials it gets funnier...

Go_Eagles77
04-09-2009, 02:14 PM
COC.... lol, nice...

Thumper
04-09-2009, 02:18 PM
I am starting the motion to change PalmertoCJ's name to PalmertoCOC!

eaglesalltheway
04-09-2009, 10:53 PM
I am starting the motion to change PalmertoCJ's name to PalmertoCOC!

I'm all for it, it would be hilarious...

Thumper
04-11-2009, 05:37 AM
Silly me. In these dreary days of the off season I forgot how good DeSean Jackson was. Silly me to say the least. I was watching some highlights and I just remembered how lightning quick he is. That is one fast guy, I watched time after time as he burnt a corner or a punt coverage team. He is the future. I forgot how entertaining he made things, makes me anxious for the season. I wonder how good DeSean Jackson can get.

brat316
04-11-2009, 11:38 AM
He burnt a punt coverage team yeah....when he doesn't run around in circles.

camp_eagles
04-11-2009, 12:47 PM
He burnt a punt coverage team yeah....when he doesn't run around in circles.

I will take that over Reno Mahe catching the ball and promptly falling to the ground.

Todd Bertuzzi
04-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Anyone been following the current forum mock?

Edit:http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1581331#post1581331

Go_Eagles77
04-11-2009, 09:09 PM

I always regret missing out on these things. Seems like a lot of fun.

eaglesalltheway
04-14-2009, 02:18 PM

Ummm, I think I'd crap my pants if this happened. Hakeem Nicks, beautiful. Donald Brown, not my first choice, but he's my second favorite RB for the Eagles. Beatty, great pick there. Coffman, my favorite TE, and he is a beast, I heart it. I like King, but I think our D would benefit from a bigger DT. You know my love for a certain mid round DT from Texas... I don't know too much about McKillop, but seems like an OK pick. I'm not the biggest fan of Pegues, mostly because he just looks so fragile out there, but at that spot, even I have no objections to that pick.

You got Mike Hart, who would beat out Booker, used Gaither to get Coffman, and unloaded Reggie Brown. Very good off-season. Saw on the depth chart you draft Cary Harris, like him too. One thing I'd switch up on the depth chart is where you have Dunlap and Justice. Dunlap is strictly a LT, from watching him play in TC and in the preseason it is obvious to me he would get abused on the right side. And we know Justice isn't a LT, I'd put Dunlap as the #3 LT and Justice as the #3 RT.

Oh, and Abiamiri should be your #1 LE;).

eaglesalltheway
04-14-2009, 02:23 PM
Silly me. In these dreary days of the off season I forgot how good DeSean Jackson was. Silly me to say the least. I was watching some highlights and I just remembered how lightning quick he is. That is one fast guy, I watched time after time as he burnt a corner or a punt coverage team. He is the future. I forgot how entertaining he made things, makes me anxious for the season. I wonder how good DeSean Jackson can get.

Think about how dangerous he would be if the Eagles get another WR or TE who can take attention away from him. How scary would our passing attack be? Most CBs will need S help when covering DeSean because of his speed and quicness, which will leave more opportunities for other options, and defenses are going to need to focus attention on those other guys and DeSean will be a terror. If we get that prototypical #1 WCO WR, our passing attack may be near the likes of the Greatest Show on Turf.

eaglesalltheway
04-15-2009, 02:24 PM
http://www.uwsepa.org/img/logos/PhiladelphiaEagles_logo_wEagles_ghostBG.jpg

Edit: Oh **** guys, you better look out, EATW got a new computer and he can now post pics without having to ask for help. Thats my Background BTW

camp_eagles
04-16-2009, 10:35 AM
Boldin is apparently available for a 1st and a 3rd. DO IT!

eaglesalltheway
04-16-2009, 12:20 PM
I second this, hell, I'd throw in a 4th as well...

cunningham06
04-16-2009, 12:35 PM
**** yes. Eagles make a move!

BaLLiN
04-16-2009, 12:38 PM
oh god, the NFC East is back again

brat316
04-16-2009, 03:56 PM
Eagles should make a move, but will they?

eaglesalltheway
04-16-2009, 08:20 PM
They have the ammo, the need, and their star QB has asked for more weapons... so my bet is probably not, haha.

camp_eagles
04-17-2009, 01:14 PM
Well its apparently official Peters is an Eagle for #28 a fourth and some other late picks. Im undecided right now on how I feel about this.

eaglesalltheway
04-17-2009, 01:30 PM
Well they pulled the trigger it seems, just not on the gun I was expecting... Well that eliminates LT as a need, at least, and it also eliminates any other major trade possibilities for a WR. It will be interesting come draft day, thats for sure.

Go_Eagles77
04-17-2009, 01:56 PM
I'm not the biggest fan of this trade, but if he plays at an elite level than I can't really complain.

eaglesalltheway
04-17-2009, 01:58 PM
My bet is the team gives him a solid contract, but the first year or so isn't exactly what he wants. They will put in incentives to get him to the level of pay where he wants, and then both sides will benefit.

Todd Bertuzzi
04-17-2009, 03:48 PM
Peters-Herremans-Jackson-Andrews-Andrews.....not too shabby.

Go_Eagles77
04-17-2009, 04:03 PM
I'm personally hoping Cole beats out Jackson.

Thumper
04-17-2009, 04:12 PM
Welcome to the Eagles?

I'm not really a Peters fan just because of his backround, UDFA TE turned RT then moved to LT and as of now is a one year wonder. Just a tad bit risky IMO.

http://proathletesonly.com/news/wp-content/uploads/jasonpeters.jpeg

brat316
04-17-2009, 04:17 PM
Welcome to the Eagles?

I'm not really a Peters fan just because of his backround, UDFA TE turned RT then moved to LT and as of now is a one year wonder. Just a tad bit risky IMO.

he made 2 pro bowls, i know its overrated to get voted to PB. But that would make him a two year wonder.

Thumper
04-17-2009, 04:19 PM
^^^
Roy Williams is a 5 time pro-bowler... Yeah...

Eaglez.Fan
04-17-2009, 04:35 PM
^^^

Peters was a Bill, Williams was a Cowboy. . .

But to the trade, I like it a lot. I know it would be nice to take a LT and develop him, but no player we could get at 21 would start day one. IMO Britton or Beatty can't start day one on a competitive team. And Peters is as good as those guys could potentially be. Our window is also closing a bit with McNabb and Westbrook getting up in age. I think it is a very good trade.

Sniper
04-17-2009, 06:39 PM
^^^

It's quite a bit harder to make the Pro Bowl as a left tackle than as a safety. If you get voted to the Pro Bowl, you usually played well. At safety, you can make the PB with a bunch of big hits. LT? Not s'much.

Thumper
04-17-2009, 06:42 PM
I was saying that anyone can make the pro-bowl. Peters made the pro-bowl because people recognized his name from the year before, not because he was an outstanding player because Ryan Clady deserved that spot 1000% more.

Little fun fact. Peters and Andrews were both on Arkansas at the same time. More help for Shawn?

I like Peters but I don't want to get my hopes up to much.

Todd Bertuzzi
04-17-2009, 06:48 PM
It's a great move if Peters can regain his form of two seasons ago which I am confident he can.

eaglesalltheway
04-17-2009, 09:26 PM
Welcome to the Eagles?

Obvioulsy the FO and the scouts did their work on him and they know more than we ever will. The only real worry is keeping him motivated, and with the right contract, that is easily attainable.

Sniper
04-17-2009, 10:25 PM
Obvioulsy the FO and the scouts did their work on him and they know more than we ever will. The only real worry is keeping him motivated, and with the right contract, that is easily attainable.

Well, he just signed for 6/60, so he better get his ass motivated.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/17/its-official-eagles-agree-to-terms-with-peters/

eaglesalltheway
04-17-2009, 10:27 PM
It says he can get up to 60, based on incentives, just like I was saying, so even if he isn't (but he is) that extra little motivation won't hurt matters.

camp_eagles
04-18-2009, 09:17 AM
Im excited to see how the overhaul of the line affects the run game

camp_eagles
04-18-2009, 09:25 AM
Match ups Im looking forward to involving our Oline:
1)vs Giants Dline both units go better which is amazing considering how good the giants line was last year.
2) Peters vs Demarcus. Demarcus never really dominated Tra but he alwalys seamed to get at least one sack a game.
3) vs the skins mostly Hanynsworth (sp?) the battle will probably mostly be between Shawn, jackson vs Albert.

Go_Eagles77
04-18-2009, 09:28 AM
I'd really like to see Cole win the starting C.

Peters - Herremans - Cole - Sh. Andrews - St. Andrews

Hand the ball to Leonard Weaver, we could be unstoppable on 3rd and 1.

Thumper
04-18-2009, 09:52 AM
I'm actually really hesitant about putting Stacy Andrews on the outside because he gave up so many sacks last year, and he hasn't had success prior to like Jason Peters.

My ideal line would be:
Peters - St. Andrews - Cole - Sh. Andrews- T. Herramens

I like St. Andrews better in the middle where he can use his size and strength to his advantage.

I still think that Herramens should move out to OT and I think he will have more success at RT than he would have had at LT.

Thumper
04-18-2009, 10:15 AM
The line is monstrous.

Peters- 6'4" and 340 pounds
Herramens- 6'6" and 321 pounds
Jackson- 6'4" and 330 pounds
Andrews (Sh.)- 6'4" and 335 pounds
Andrews (St.) 6'7" and 342 pounds

MJG- 6'3" and 358 pounds
Winston Justice- 6'6" and 320 pounds
Nick Cole- 6' and 350 pounds
King Dunlap- 6'8" and 310 pounds (he is bigger than that)

The Eagles line is huge. (Mike McGlynn and Mike Gibson are about 310 pounds and 6'4")

eaglesalltheway
04-19-2009, 12:37 PM
The line is monstrous.

Peters- 6'4" and 340 pounds
Herramens- 6'6" and 321 pounds
Jackson- 6'4" and 330 pounds
Andrews (Sh.)- 6'4" and 335 pounds
Andrews (St.) 6'7" and 342 pounds

MJG- 6'3" and 358 pounds
Winston Justice- 6'6" and 320 pounds
Nick Cole- 6' and 350 pounds
King Dunlap- 6'8" and 310 pounds (he is bigger than that)

The Eagles line is huge. (Mike McGlynn and Mike Gibson are about 310 pounds and 6'4")

Dunlap is listed at 6'8 or something, so was Runyan. If Runyan is 6'8, then Dunlap is at least 6'10. He was visibly taller than Runyan when I saw them both in TC. Our OL averages 333.6 lbs. Thats a lot of beef! Now if only AR will take advantage of it...

Imagine if MJg would get in there at LG and Cole won the Center spot. Our OL would average 345 lbs!!!. That is just sick!

eaglesalltheway
04-19-2009, 12:43 PM
I'm actually really hesitant about putting Stacy Andrews on the outside because he gave up so many sacks last year, and he hasn't had success prior to like Jason Peters.

My ideal line would be:
Peters - St. Andrews - Cole - Sh. Andrews- T. Herramens

I like St. Andrews better in the middle where he can use his size and strength to his advantage.

I still think that Herramens should move out to OT and I think he will have more success at RT than he would have had at LT.

I agree with that all, when Stacey was introduced, he was introduced as a Guadr as well, so maybe the team is thinking along the same lines as you and I, having Herremans at RT, where he is best suited IMO.

eaglesalltheway
04-19-2009, 12:44 PM
Im excited to see how the overhaul of the line affects the run game

I think an underrated signing was Weaver, he will have just as much of an effect on the offense's plans fur running as either of our OL changes.

eaglesalltheway
04-19-2009, 12:49 PM
Match ups Im looking forward to involving our Oline:
1)vs Giants Dline both units go better which is amazing considering how good the giants line was last year.
2) Peters vs Demarcus. Demarcus never really dominated Tra but he alwalys seamed to get at least one sack a game.
3) vs the skins mostly Hanynsworth (sp?) the battle will probably mostly be between Shawn, jackson vs Albert.

The Giants DTs got better, which is going to make things difficult because they now can get pressure from any one of their DL positions. Wheras before we mostly had to worry about the outside rush. With our interior though, I think their improvements will be minimized.

Ware is always going to get his sacks. He is just that good, but Tra always seemed to neutralize him for a good part of the game. Peters can do that as well. Holding Ware to a sack or less should be considered a win for our OL.

Haynesworth (only missed the e) is not someone I am worried about. Especially with our interior OL. Our interior OL can neutralize him, to a point, without letting the rest of the Skins front 7 make too much of an impact. I really am not concerned with the OL at all now that we have the LT spot taken care of.

Go_Eagles77
04-20-2009, 01:50 PM
Oh Noes! Sheldon Brown requested a trade!!!

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/homepage/ESPN_Sheldon_Wants_Trade.html

This sucks ***, but hopefully if they do trade him they can somehow get a guy like Alphonso Smith in the 2nd round.

brat316
04-20-2009, 01:52 PM
http://jamiedubs.com/fuckflickr/data/thumb/roflcopter.gif

Sniper
04-20-2009, 01:52 PM

This sucks ***, but hopefully if they do trade him they can somehow get a guy like Alphonso Smith in the 2nd round.

I'm gonna go cry.

camp_eagles
04-20-2009, 01:55 PM

Well that sucks.

Geo
04-20-2009, 01:58 PM
New year, another Eagles corner bitching about his contract when he only has himself to blame. Wah wah wah, cry me a river.

That's the price you pay for signing extensions during your rookie deal, taking better security over the gamble of reaching free agency to get more dollars.

Go_Eagles77
04-20-2009, 02:06 PM
Yeah, it sucks because I was just starting to feel really good about our chances this year. Now one of our best players has to be a selfish *****.
Out of all our players, Sheldon is one of the last guys I'd expect this from, too.

camp_eagles
04-20-2009, 04:18 PM
Yeah, it sucks because I was just starting to feel really good about our chances this year. Now one of our best players has to be a selfish *****.
Out of all our players, Sheldon is one of the last guys I'd expect this from, too.

This is not what I want to hear from the most experienced Eagle on D and someone I expected to take on a bigger leadership role with out Dawk.

cunningham06
04-21-2009, 12:26 AM
I'm expecting great things from Jason Peters, but his attitude kind of bothers me. 11.5 sacks is a TON, is he does that this season at LT, it's a big deal.

From philadelphiaeagles.com Jason Peters interview
On his opinion of the stat that he allowed 11.5 sacks last year: "That's the first time I've heard that stat. I don't recall giving up that many. If they charged me with that many, so what? I'm an Eagle now. If I give up 11.5 sacks, I'm only human. I'm going to give 100% on every play."

camp_eagles
04-21-2009, 08:04 AM
Im questioning the 11.5 sacks for a few reasons 1) its not a stat that the NFL keeps track of. 2) it was from some web site not even ESPN 3) what constituted a sack from this guy was it only missed assignments, or other players that he had come into contact with during the play?

eaglesalltheway
04-21-2009, 10:02 AM

Luckily they've said they won't trade him. Hopefully, what the team does, is at least get him in new contract negotiations. I mean he is worth more than what he is getting paid. But it is his own fault. If he wanted more money, he should've waited. I didn't expect this at all, but Sheldon is the type of guy that will play, unlike Lito. Even if we would trade him, we have two guys who could potentiallytake over. Hanson (who is making more than him, which is probably one of the main reasons he is upset) and Ike. We may possibly draft one in the middle rounds now, but I still don't see it as a first day need.

eaglesalltheway
04-21-2009, 10:03 AM
I'm expecting great things from Jason Peters, but his attitude kind of bothers me. 11.5 sacks is a TON, is he does that this season at LT, it's a big deal.

From philadelphiaeagles.com Jason Peters interview
On his opinion of the stat that he allowed 11.5 sacks last year: "That's the first time I've heard that stat. I don't recall giving up that many. If they charged me with that many, so what? I'm an Eagle now. If I give up 11.5 sacks, I'm only human. I'm going to give 100% on every play."

I heard him say that and that did worry me, but once I heard the rest of what he was saying, I calmed down. You can tell by the things he was saying he wants to be the best, and if he wants to get paid anywhere near that 60 mil, he will do so.

camp_eagles
04-21-2009, 05:37 PM
Well Sheldon appears serious about this trade I just read a quote from him attacking Joe Banner and bringing Trent Cole and Mike Patterson into this, as well as making some comments about WIP.

I thought we had a good enough offseason to contend but then something like this happens it make me wanna puke.

I find it weird how when something good happens this offseason somthing bad happens too. EX we sign Stacy Andrews then Dawk signs with the Broncos, Sean Considine signs with the Jags then Tra does too, and We get Jason Peters then Sheldon starts crying about his contract.

broadstbullies
04-22-2009, 05:32 AM
Ike Reese needs to shut up about his crap and Sheldon needs to shut up and play. He's a punk and coward.

eaglesalltheway
04-22-2009, 10:24 AM
Well Sheldon appears serious about this trade I just read a quote from him attacking Joe Banner and bringing Trent Cole and Mike Patterson into this, as well as making some comments about WIP.

I thought we had a good enough offseason to contend but then something like this happens it make me wanna puke.

I find it weird how when something good happens this offseason somthing bad happens too. EX we sign Stacy Andrews then Dawk signs with the Broncos, Sean Considine signs with the Jags then Tra does too, and We get Jason Peters then Sheldon starts crying about his contract.

That made me laugh my ass off for some reason. Don't worry, Sheldon may be serious, but the team is just as serious about keeping him. I really doubt he gets traded.

YUPLAYIN
04-22-2009, 10:49 AM
Any news on coach Jim Johnson?

eaglesalltheway
04-22-2009, 11:33 AM
Any news on coach Jim Johnson?

I haven't yeard anything for about a month, but last I heard the team expected him to recover fully and be back in time at least for Training Camp IIRC. If, for whatever reason, he wouldn't be able to come back, DB coach Sean McDermitt would take over the Def. Coordinator duties.

bsaza2358
04-22-2009, 12:16 PM
I would think that McDermitt is going to be the next DC of the Eagles anyway. Johnson was getting way up there in years regardless. SD is the real deal. I really like the kid.

camp_eagles
04-22-2009, 01:28 PM
Joe Banner basically squashed what little if any leverage Sheldon had by saying other star players like Ware, Brady, and Harrison haven't asked for a raise even though they are underpaid and have less years left on their contracts.

Sheldon said this isnt about the money which makes me ask what is it for then? he has job security he has 4 years on his deal. Stuff like this makes me sick and Sheldon is really making himself look dumb.

Thumper
04-22-2009, 01:29 PM

do you have a link?

eaglesalltheway
04-22-2009, 01:41 PM
I would think that McDermitt is going to be the next DC of the Eagles anyway. Johnson was getting way up there in years regardless. SD is the real deal. I really like the kid.

I agree, but I don't think the team is planning on having him as the DC this season, nor were they. I beleive that he will step in and do a great job, when the time comes, whenever that may be.

eaglesalltheway
04-22-2009, 01:43 PM
Joe Banner basically squashed what little if any leverage Sheldon had by saying other star players like Ware, Brady, and Harrison haven't asked for a raise even though they are underpaid and have less years left on their contracts.

Sheldon said this isnt about the money which makes me ask what is it for then? he has job security he has 4 years on his deal. Stuff like this makes me sick and Sheldon is really making himself look dumb.

If its not about money then what is it? Unless he means the respect from the organization, but what does he want?

Sniper
04-22-2009, 01:44 PM

It's always about the ******* money. Why is he asking for a trade? Because he feels he's underpaid for the one fantabulous season that he had last year. Hence, it is about the money.

Disclaimer- That was meant as frustration towards Sheldon, not any of you guys.

eaglesalltheway
04-22-2009, 01:46 PM
It's always about the ******* money. Why is he asking for a trade? Because he feels he's underpaid for the one fantabulous season that he had last year. Hence, it is about the money.

Disclaimer- That was meant as frustration towards Sheldon, not any of you guys.

Someone, it may have been you, said it before, Respect=Money

Sniper
04-22-2009, 01:47 PM
Someone, it may have been you, said it before, Respect=Money

What's the point of contracts anymore?

eaglesalltheway
04-22-2009, 02:16 PM

To make other people jealous and want more money?

camp_eagles
04-22-2009, 04:13 PM
do you have a link?

You bet your ass I do

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20090422_Sheldon_Brown__Other_Eagles_also_upset_wi th_contracts.html

Todd Bertuzzi
04-22-2009, 04:18 PM
Well at least we have all that cap space so if we need to throw around a little money to keep some guys happy than we can.

eaglesalltheway
04-22-2009, 04:19 PM
You bet your ass I do

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20090422_Sheldon_Brown__Other_Eagles_also_upset_wi th_contracts.html

Is it just me, or is Banner talking way too much about this? If he keeps saying things like this, it will only make the situation worse, and then other players will be hesitant for these deals and maybe some FAs will be reluctant to sign here.

Thumper
04-22-2009, 05:05 PM
When Sheldon Brown (now the unquestioned leader of the defense) demanded a trade or more money it set off a firestorm of problems.

Brown has also dragged Mike Patterson and Trent Cole into this.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/22/dispute-between-sheldon-brown-and-the-eagles-escalates/

“Without a doubt there are going to be more problems,” Brown said, according to Bob Brookover of the Philadelphia Inquirer. “I’m not the first guy and I’m not going to be the last guy. What’s the incentive for guys like Trent Cole and Mike Patterson to play above their heads? Everybody’s situation is different and everybody handles their business in a different way. This situation could have been handled in a different way. I was forced to put it out there.”

Jason Peters is one of the top paid linemen in the NFL and Stacy Andrews was signed to a big deal. Now there are rumors that Shawn Andrews wants more money.

http://www.igglesblog.com/iggles_blog/2009/04/so-now-we-have-to-worry-about-andrews.html

Shawn Andrews, often an isolated figure in the locker room, now will dress alongside his brother and his close friend, which has to be a better environment for him.

But Shawn might not find it all that much fun to compare paychecks; in 2006, he signed an extension that locked him up for 10 seasons, during which he will make about $35.5 million. [Ed. note: Peters' total Philly package has been reported as six years, $60 million.]

When Shawn Andrews missed the start of training camp last season with what turned out to be severe depression, there was speculation that he was unhappy with his contract. Agent Rich Moran denied that, but the speculation continued, as Andrews missed the final 14 regular-season games and the playoffs with a back injury.

Shawn Andrews did not respond to messages from the Daily News this past weekend. Moran texted yesterday that Andrews would "be at work" for offseason conditioning at NovaCare tomorrow. He did not comment on how Andrews felt about his deal.

But the Eagles have made their position EXTREMELY clear.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2009/4/22/848555/joe-banner-spells-it-out-for-brown

"DeMarcus Ware had 20 sacks this year, led the NFL, right now he's making a million dollars next year. Have you heard anything from DeMarcus Ware? Tom Brady's gonna make $14 million over the next two years. That's $7 million a year. The top-paid quarterback in the league's making 16. Have you heard anything from Tom Brady? By the way, Tom Brady's got two years left on his deal. DeMarcus Ware has one. And I could give you example upon example. He has four years left on his contract, received a very sizable signing bonus as part of the deal. That has to be factored into the value of the two years he's played under the contract this coming year, whatever it was. And that's the only reasonable way to look at it.

"The thing that distressed me was I heard today that he had said that anybody who thought this was about the money was crazy. He needs to tell his agent that because we have had no conversations with his agent that have been about anything but the money. Now only two years into the deal with four years left, you know... James Harrison was the defensive player of the NFL last year, probably almost single-handedly responsible for the Pittsburgh Steelers winning the Super Bowl. He made less than one and a half million dollars last year. And now in the last year of his contract, the Steelers stepped in and gave him the adjustment. We're talking about somebody with four years left in their contract. I don't believe there's a single player in a number of number of years with that much time left on his contract that any team, including the MVP of the league, went to, so you have to have some perspective on this."

With rumors of Boldin and Gonzalez coming to the Eagles, they will be getting paid if the Eagles trade for them and might set more people off. Things are a mess because of Sheldon Brown and Jason Peters (not Peters fault though) and if things aren't cleaned up Sheldon might have to be traded because he is causing a huge mess, bigger than anything Lito Sheppard caused.

Go_Eagles77
04-22-2009, 06:14 PM
Sheldon Brown has gone from being one of my favorite players to one of my least favorite in a matter of days.

eaglesalltheway
04-22-2009, 09:16 PM
I really hope this isn't as big a deal as everyone is making it out to be, but if it is, I think top priority in the rest of the off season should be to get our players happy. Whether it be contractual or something else, we don't want this type of environment for the team, especially with so many young players around.

Bills2083
04-22-2009, 09:23 PM

There is none anymore.
Once a player signs a humongous contract, IE: Peters, other self-proclaimed 'best' left tackles in the NFL will command a new contract, feeling as if they are better and are worth more. If the team does not grant their wish to get a new deal, they may demand a trade, hold out, whatever. This is the situation the Bills were put in. They didn't feel that Peters was worth the money he was demanding, so they had to get rid of him so they could get something in return, instead of having to deal with a potential holdout (yet again).

There lies one of the problems in the league. All Peters had to do was wait it out, and command a new deal with an outrageous salary. Since the Bills didn't feel he was worth it, they shipped him out, granting him his wish. Hopefully this doesn't become the usual from this point on...

eaglesalltheway
04-22-2009, 09:25 PM
I think it is one of the many things that may have to be addressed in the new CBA.

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2009, 12:52 PM
Well I'm releived about something, the Eagles are starting to release smokescreens about not necessarily taking a RB in the first round. I was beginning to think, since all we've heard is that they will, that was a smokescreen for selecting something else. Read in in my paper this morning, so that is one less thing I have to worry about.

brat316
04-23-2009, 01:03 PM
so Shawn Andrews being traded.

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2009, 01:23 PM
Do you mean that is a smokescreen? I'm confused by the wording, the first time i read it I interpreted it as Shawn is in the process of being traded.

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2009, 02:01 PM
Either way, Shawn and Sheldon are staying, this is all a bunch of bs right now...

D-Unit
04-23-2009, 08:34 PM
If Shawn Andrews is injured goods, it might be best to trade him. Also, Sheldon Brown is getting old isn't he? I may be wrong. Either way, he's making waves. You would have to at least explore the possibilities.

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2009, 08:57 PM
If Shawn Andrews is injured goods, it might be best to trade him. Also, Sheldon Brown is getting old isn't he? I may be wrong. Either way, he's making waves. You would have to at least explore the possibilities.

Both are elite, and are valuable to the team. OL and CB are two of the most valued position on our team. I'm pretty sure (just have a feeling) that the Shawn Andrews rumor was instigated from an NFC East rival. Sheldon is 30, but his style of play won't be effected if he loses a bit of speed. Sheldon was our best CB last year, and Shawn, when healthy, is our best OL, they are too valuable for the team to trade. Lets also not forget they have cheap salaries for the next 4+ years. Crazier things have happened, but these two getting traded is extrememly unlikely.

camp_eagles
04-27-2009, 11:01 AM
something to keep our eyes on Dallas drafted David Buehler a kicker in the 5th round so unless they keep 2 kickers either him or folk could come available and we cant afford to pass on a quality kicker with a vendetta against dallas.

cunningham06
04-27-2009, 10:10 PM
something to keep our eyes on Dallas drafted David Buehler a kicker in the 5th round so unless they keep 2 kickers either him or folk could come available and we cant afford to pass on a quality kicker with a vendetta against dallas.

There is 0% chance that Dallas gets rid of Nick Folk unless there is a freak accident and he has to have his kicking leg amputated. He has been awesome for them and kicked in the 90% range last season if I remember correctly. Dallas just drafted idiotically this year so maybe we can pick up their Buehler after they cut him.

camp_eagles
04-27-2009, 11:24 PM
There is 0% chance that Dallas gets rid of Nick Folk unless there is a freak accident and he has to have his kicking leg amputated. He has been awesome for them and kicked in the 90% range last season if I remember correctly. Dallas just drafted idiotically this year so maybe we can pick up their Buehler after they cut him.

I meant either of the two but it sounded like I was talking more about Folk.

Go_Eagles77
04-28-2009, 05:53 AM
They drafted Buehler to be a kick off specialist so they'll most likely keep both. However the eagles did sign Sam Swank UDFA out of Wake so he could be competition for Akers.

bsaza2358
04-28-2009, 11:41 AM
There is no chance the Eagles trade Shawn Andrews. He will be back and ready to go playing with his brother. I think they brought in Stacy because he is a talent and because he will help Shawn out with his emotional issues. I expect the Eagles OLine to be rather dominant this year, with excellent depth.

brat316
04-28-2009, 11:42 AM
I herd that Stacy and Patterson talked Shawn out of the whole contract thing.

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2009, 12:17 PM
They drafted Buehler to be a kick off specialist so they'll most likely keep both. However the eagles did sign Sam Swank UDFA out of Wake so he could be competition for Akers.

When it comes to the Cowboys kicking situation, and our kicking situation, you got it 100% GE77.

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2009, 12:18 PM
There is no chance the Eagles trade Shawn Andrews. He will be back and ready to go playing with his brother. I think they brought in Stacy because he is a talent and because he will help Shawn out with his emotional issues. I expect the Eagles OLine to be rather dominant this year, with excellent depth.

Agreed, I still think that was a rumor that an outside team started.

cough..cough...DALLAS...cough...cough

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2009, 12:19 PM
I herd that Stacy and Patterson talked Shawn out of the whole contract thing.

If that is the case, it probably also means what Sheldon said about Patterson and his contract issue isn't true.

brat316
04-28-2009, 12:21 PM
If that is the case, it probably also means what Sheldon said about Patterson and his contract issue isn't true.

maybe it was Peters, **** I need to go find that article. But either way he has cooled down.

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2009, 12:28 PM
maybe it was Peters, **** I need to go find that article. But either way he has cooled down.

I figured that would be the case, if it was true. It's like I said before, the team will not trade him (or Sheldon). They will ride it out and evaluate things further down the road, but for the near future, both are Eagles.

bsaza2358
04-28-2009, 01:02 PM
Both will be Eagles in 2009. In 2010? No one is guaranteed on the roster.

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2009, 01:04 PM
Both will be Eagles in 2009. In 2010? No one is guaranteed on the roster.

I think Shawn will be here in 2010, Sheldon I'm not sure about. It all depends how his situation pans out. Hopefully the team can smooth things over. He is very important to our defnese.

Sniper
04-28-2009, 01:20 PM
I hope Jeremy Maclin can learn the playbook right away and contribute. The less I have to see Kevin Curtis at outside WR, the better.

camp_eagles
04-28-2009, 01:23 PM
I think Shawn will be here in 2010, Sheldon I'm not sure about. It all depends how his situation pans out. Hopefully the team can smooth things over. He is very important to our defnese.

There is always something with the Eagles. At least we can never complain about our team being boring.

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2009, 09:16 PM
I hope Jeremy Maclin can learn the playbook right away and contribute. The less I have to see Kevin Curtis at outside WR, the better.

I'll second that, but I think he'll start out as the #3, much liek DeSean did.

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2009, 09:17 PM
There is always something with the Eagles. At least we can never complain about our team being boring.

Well Sheldon says he's going to show up to the off-season stuff, but only to stay in shape for trade possibilities, at least he's here putting in work.:(

Sniper
04-29-2009, 07:54 AM
Well Sheldon says he's going to show up to the off-season stuff, but only to stay in shape for trade possibilities, at least he's here putting in work.:(

Sheldon's just trying to be a hardass. What's he going to do if the Eagles don't trade him? Play like ****? Yeah, that's really going to help his market value. Sit out the season? Right. A guy who's bitching about money is going to forfeit a couple million bucks. He'll be here and he'll play well if he knows what's good for him.

eaglesalltheway
04-29-2009, 12:18 PM
Sheldon's just trying to be a hardass. What's he going to do if the Eagles don't trade him? Play like ****? Yeah, that's really going to help his market value. Sit out the season? Right. A guy who's bitching about money is going to forfeit a couple million bucks. He'll be here and he'll play well if he knows what's good for him.

Exactly, I feel the same way. I'm a little worried though, because weren't we saying the same things last year about Lito? I know Sheldon is a completely different person, but its happened before, and it does worry me a bit.

Sniper
04-30-2009, 04:20 PM
http://footballoutsiders.com/ramblings/2009/2009-nfl-draft-report-card-report

Philadelphia Eagles
GPA: 3.57
Highest Grade: A+, Pete Prisco
Lowest Grade: B-, Mel Kiper, Charles Robinson
Comments: Tucker has high praise for new Eagles Jeremy Maclin ("arguably the best receiver in the draft") and LeSean McCoy ("the most elusive and pure runner [in the draft]"). Czarnecki writes that Maclin was the top receiver on the draft boards of 18 teams. The Eagles also get points for trading picks to acquire tackle Jason Peters and defensive back Ellis Hobbs, causing Weisman to simply write "Wow." The Eagles scored top to bottom; under "Questionable Move," Prisco writes "Hard to find any. I mean it."

Go_Eagles77
04-30-2009, 10:26 PM
I just saw the Lions cut Michael Gaines. That would be a great signing for the eagles as he is big and is a great blocker and could challenge and hopefully beat out Schobel for the #3 TE spot or even #2 if Ingram isn't ready.

eaglesalltheway
05-01-2009, 06:07 AM
http://footballoutsiders.com/ramblings/2009/2009-nfl-draft-report-card-report

I truly don't understand the B- from Kiper. There are so many things the team got from this draft weekend that it truly is hard not to give the team an A, and many people agree.

eaglesalltheway
05-01-2009, 06:08 AM
I just saw the Lions cut Michael Gaines. That would be a great signing for the eagles as he is big and is a great blocker and could challenge and hopefully beat out Schobel for the #3 TE spot or even #2 if Ingram isn't ready.

Certainly a good idea, I wouldn't mind at least some more competition at TE, especially if we gt someone who is a better blocker than Schoebel, which isn't hard to do.

bsaza2358
05-01-2009, 08:23 AM
Gains would be a very interesting add for sure. Would likely be cheap, thirsty to win, etc. The guy can block, but how often do the Eagles use their #2 TE? Would be an interesting signing. Ingram probably won't be ready to play because his blocking is suspect. Gain on a 1 year deal would be functional...

eaglesalltheway
05-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Gains would be a very interesting add for sure. Would likely be cheap, thirsty to win, etc. The guy can block, but how often do the Eagles use their #2 TE? Would be an interesting signing. Ingram probably won't be ready to play because his blocking is suspect. Gain on a 1 year deal would be functional...

Perhaps we do something like we did with Kris Wilson last year, at least I wouldn't mind that.

brat316
05-01-2009, 12:28 PM
live chat with Dave Spardo on PhiladelphiaEagles.coom

eaglesalltheway
05-01-2009, 02:02 PM
live chat with Dave Spardo on PhiladelphiaEagles.coom

Well i know not to go there now...haha.

camp_eagles
05-01-2009, 02:31 PM
Well i know not to go there now...haha.

the only way to get your posts on there are to kiss Dave ass ex good job dave, or how good are the eagles this year.

Go_Eagles77
05-01-2009, 02:46 PM
I watched it only because they were showing footage of the eagles mini camp. Great to see guys like Peters, Maclin, McCoy, Ingram etc. in eagles uniforms, even though they're just practice jerseys. DeSean looks bigger as well.

eaglesalltheway
05-01-2009, 02:47 PM
the only way to get your posts on there are to kiss Dave ass ex good job dave, or how good are the eagles this year.

I wonder how many people do like I do and just talk **** to him...

BamaFalcon59
05-01-2009, 07:15 PM
You guys got a really good guy and player in Macho Harris. FS or CB, he is a hard worker, team leader, and playmaker. Not straight line fast, but he is very quick and still generates a ton of big plays. Also smart, but takes too many risks.

Not Brandon Flowers from last year, but definitely a steal in round five.

Hopefully he can carve a niche for himself.

Go_Eagles77
05-01-2009, 07:42 PM
I believe Macho will be an excellent backup and special teamer for us for years to come, a la Quintin Mikell before he became a starter. I don't know if he will ever be a starter, but who knows?

eaglesalltheway
05-01-2009, 10:27 PM
I believe Macho will be an excellent backup and special teamer for us for years to come, a la Quintin Mikell before he became a starter. I don't know if he will ever be a starter, but who knows?

I agree, as long as he puts in the work and has good coaching, he coudl be a very good Nickel in a few years.

camp_eagles
05-02-2009, 10:12 AM
I wonder how many people do like I do and just talk **** to him...

I usually say some pretty crued stuff to him.

eaglesalltheway
05-02-2009, 11:00 AM
I usually say some pretty crued stuff to him.

Worse thing I think I've ever said is "How many times have you sucked off Reid this week?" lol

Go_Eagles77
05-02-2009, 11:17 AM
Like him or not, Dave does run one of the better NFL websites in the business. He may be a massive homer but that's where I get most of my eagles info so I can't really complain.

eaglesalltheway
05-02-2009, 11:24 AM
Like him or not, Dave does run one of the better NFL websites in the business. He may be a massive homer but that's where I get most of my eagles info so I can't really complain.

Does he really run it though? I mean there is a whole department that takes care of that stuff. All he does is interview guys, give updates, etc. I give more credit to the people who we don't see, as the Eagles easily have the best website.

eaglesalltheway
05-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Apparently Weaver, Maclin, McCoy, Ingram (especially), and Harris have looked real good in the minicamp so far. Its no pads or contact, but thats just what I saw on the team site.

Thumper
05-03-2009, 01:57 AM
It should be noted that Victor Harris is playing as the second string FS and not as a CB.

Also Thigpen is playing WR not RB.

MJG, Todd Herramens and Stacy Andrews are all rehabing so the line looked like this:

LT: Peters
LG: McGlynn
C: Jackson
RG: Cole
RT: Sh. Andrews

Sniper
05-03-2009, 09:57 AM
It should be noted that Victor Harris is playing as the second string FS and not as a CB.

Not surprising, considering the CB depth and the lack of FS depth.

Sniper
05-03-2009, 10:03 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/03/eagles-sunday-minicamp-report/

brat316
05-03-2009, 10:11 AM

nooooooo, I wanted to see Mikell and Jones as the safety pair. Maybe they'll play Mikell as FS and Jones as SS.

I figured Harris would play S, he is good at hitting and covering, playing zone, but he doesn't have the speed to stick with his man, but he has great recovery speed, and reaction speed.

eaglesalltheway
05-03-2009, 10:22 AM

Also Thigpen is playing WR not RB.

MJG, Todd Herramens and Stacy Andrews are all rehabing so the line looked like this:

LT: Peters
LG: McGlynn
C: Jackson
RG: Cole
RT: Sh. Andrews

I think that was anticipated, I was a little surprised when I saw he was listed as a CB on the roster

It'd be tough for him to make the team strictly as a WR, but if he can show he's a valuable return man, his chances are much better.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think we could win with that OL?:)

eaglesalltheway
05-03-2009, 10:27 AM

Abiamiri will win the LE spot;)...

I have thought that Demps would end up winning the starting job, not only is he younger, but then the team wouldn't have to move Mikell from SS to FS. Mikell will be a Pro-Bowler this year, barring injury.

I haven't found anything, besides the team site, about the minicamp until that, thanks for that.

eaglesalltheway
05-03-2009, 10:29 AM
nooooooo, I wanted to see Mikell and Jones as the safety pair. Maybe they'll play Mikell as FS and Jones as SS.

I figured Harris would play S, he is good at hitting and covering, playing zone, but he doesn't have the speed to stick with his man, but he has great recovery speed, and reaction speed.

I personally am happier to have Demps in there, that means the team must think very highly of him instead of putting in a proven veteran, which means we'll have high level of S play for a long time.

cunningham06
05-03-2009, 03:40 PM
I'm just procrastinating from doing homework, but I got to thinking, who has less percent body fat?

Desean Jackson: http://nbcsportsmedia3.msnbc.com/j/NBCSports/Sections/Personal/Jervay,%20John/NFL/NFL%20Draft%20pics/080422_DeSean_Jackson.widec.jpg

or http://foreverloyal.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/gollum.jpg
Gollum?

Sniper
05-03-2009, 03:42 PM
Ha. DeSean is a beast, but I'll say he's got less body fat. :D

By the way, it turns out Quintin Demps got fined $7,500 for his hit on Warner. I don't know if it got mentioned. Apparently, Sean McDermott tore him a new one for the hit (no surprise)

Sniper
05-03-2009, 03:43 PM

We're probably going to see quite a few three-safety sets.

Sniper
05-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Looks like Shawn Andrews is the RT for now...

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2009/5/1/861833/shawn-andrews-moved-to-tackle

Sniper
05-03-2009, 03:47 PM
http://delcotimes.com/articles/2009/05/01/sports/doc49faa1f0698aa112937935.txt

Sheldon Brown shows up to camp in a BMW...How dumb can you be? Is this really the same guy who claims he doesn't make enough money?

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20090503_Eagles_Notes___Eagles__Cole__Mikell_not_t hinking_contract.html

During a discussion about his contract situation, Eagles cornerback Sheldon Brown suggested other players will eventually have contract complaints.

Brown mentioned defensive end Trent Cole and defensive tackle Mike Patterson as examples. Both players signed contract extensions in 2006. Cole signed a five-year extension that runs through 2013 and received $12 million in bonus money, and Patterson signed a seven-year extension that runs through 2016 and received $9 million in bonus money.

"I love the Eagles," Cole said after one of yesterday's minicamp practices. "I like playing for the Eagles. I'm going to keep playing and let the process take its course. I signed a contract with them, and I'm happy with my contract. People don't make decisions for you. You make your own decision. When I signed my contract, I signed my contract."

Nice to see someone gets it.

cunningham06
05-03-2009, 03:50 PM
Sean Jones is really good in run support so I agree we'll probably be seeing a lot of 3 safety sets this season against strong running teams like the Panthers.

Sniper
05-03-2009, 03:52 PM
Sean Jones is really good in run support so I agree we'll probably be seeing a lot of 3 safety sets this season against strong running teams like the Panthers.

Do you think Samuel would see less time against a team like the Panthers? His tackling is pretty shoddy, and the thought of him trying to tackle Jonathan Stewart is not a soothing one.

cunningham06
05-03-2009, 03:53 PM

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2009/5/1/861833/shawn-andrews-moved-to-tackle

I like this move alot, it's definitely a bit less of a transition for him than if we were to put him at LT. I personally think he is better suited going up against strongside DE's than edge rushing ends like Dwight Freeney.

Sniper
05-03-2009, 03:54 PM
I like this move alot, it's definitely a bit less of a transition for him than if we were to put him at LT. I personally think he is better suited going up against strongside DE's than edge rushing ends like Dwight Freeney.

For sure. I don't think it will be too tough of a transition for Shawn.

cunningham06
05-03-2009, 03:58 PM

Sheldon Brown shows up to camp in a BMW...How dumb can you be? Is this really the same guy who claims he doesn't make enough money?

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20090503_Eagles_Notes___Eagles__Cole__Mikell_not_t hinking_contract.html

Sheldon wants a Lambo! I say we start a support Sheldon Brown foundation. For just the price of a cup of coffee a day you can help support poor Sheldon... Won't you do something?

Edit: Trent Cole is a badass. He's one of my favorite players in the NFL, real stand-up guy.

cunningham06
05-03-2009, 04:05 PM
Do you think Samuel would see less time against a team like the Panthers? His tackling is pretty shoddy, and the thought of him trying to tackle Jonathan Stewart is not a soothing one.

I'd be all for that, I haven't seen a RB with dimensions like Jonathan Stewart since Earl Campbell and that matchup worries me. I'd like to see Macho Harris get in the game in that situation, but I doubt that would happen since he's apparently taking snaps at FS. I love Samuel since he's a turnover machine and can make huge plays so we would be sacrificing that for run-support, but we'll see what the coaches decide.

eaglesalltheway
05-03-2009, 06:07 PM
We're probably going to see quite a few three-safety sets.

A lot like last year, actually. The only difference will be that Demps will be starting instead of the 3rd S.

eaglesalltheway
05-03-2009, 06:10 PM

If this is the case, I like the move a lot. Shawn is more athletic than his brother right now and Stacey is our biggest OL, outside of Peters IIRC. RG is the OL position most needed to excell as a run-blocker in our sysytem, and Stacey has the size and strength to excel. Its the same personnel, but it actually fits a little better this way.

eaglesalltheway
05-03-2009, 06:12 PM

I'm not defending Sheldon, but depending on what type of BMW (doesn't say in the article) it isn't that bad, especially considering what some other NFL players have.

Damn right Cole! He's the man on so many levels...

eaglesalltheway
05-03-2009, 06:14 PM

Lets not forget the Giants, and I think maybe the Cowboys will shift to more of a running attack with all the RBs they have, and the loss of talent at receiver with TO gone.

eaglesalltheway
05-03-2009, 06:15 PM

Or DeAngleo Williams for that matter...

But he will certainly see plenty of time, Steve Smith is too dangerous a weapon, and we need our #1 CB (notice not "best") in there.

Go_Eagles77
05-03-2009, 06:16 PM
Stacy was a beast at RG before he moved to RT where he struggled a bit. Shawn Andrews was an All-American in college at RT, so I really like this move as well. I believe this is the best way to maximize the OL's potential.

I'm hoping this is what the OL looks like to start the season:

LT - Peters
LG - Herremans
C - N. Cole
RG - St. Andrews
RT - Sh. Andrews

with J. Jackson, MJG, and McGlynn all excellent backups. If Peters gets hurt just slide Herremans out LT and play McGlynn at LG, if Shawn gets hurt slide Stacy out to RT and play MJG at RG, if Cole gets hurt play Jackson at center. That's a great situation for the OL.

eaglesalltheway
05-03-2009, 06:16 PM

Him going up against Justin Tuck is going to be a great matchup. We may have the new Runyan-Strahan matchup...

eaglesalltheway
05-03-2009, 06:18 PM
I'd be all for that, I haven't seen a RB with dimensions like Jonathan Stewart since Earl Campbell and that matchup worries me. I'd like to see Macho Harris get in the game in that situation, but I doubt that would happen since he's apparently taking snaps at FS. I love Samuel since he's a turnover machine and can make huge plays so we would be sacrificing that for run-support, but we'll see what the coaches decide.

We would be sacrificing one CB position for run support, and when you think about it, that isn't too bad. Especially when you consider we habe Bunk, Abiamiri, Cole, Bradley, and Gocong in the front 7 who are run stuffers. They won't even get to Asante;)...

eaglesalltheway
05-03-2009, 06:21 PM
Stacy was a beast at RG before he moved to RT where he struggled a bit. Shawn Andrews was an All-American in college at RT, so I really like this move as well. I believe this is the best way to maximize the OL's potential.

I'm hoping this is what the OL looks like to start the season:

LT - Peters
LG - Herremans
C - N. Cole
RG - St. Andrews
RT - Sh. Andrews

with J. Jackson, MJG, and McGlynn all excellent backups. If Peters gets hurt just slide Herremans out LT and play McGlynn at LG, if Shawn gets hurt slide Stacy out to RT and play MJG at RG, if Cole gets hurt play Jackson at center. That's a great situation for the OL.

Not only do we have elite starters along the OL, we have some of the best depth if something would go wrong. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, our OL is in really good shape even if injuries would happen. (As long as there isn't too many) Our OL got better this off-season, and we had Shawn out, and declining Tackles, and we still had a top 8 offense. This offense is dangerous, and one of the top 4 or 5 in the league IMO.

Edit: I agree with that lineup. I love MJG, but Herremans hasn't done anything to show that he doesn't deserve a starting spot.

Eaglez.Fan
05-03-2009, 06:41 PM
I think Herremans has to be the LG unless he plays terrible, which I highly doubt. MJG has always been a RG kind of player. There is a big difference between RG and LG. Obviously not to the same extent as a LT and RT, but still a difference that will take getting used to. Although Herremans won't play spectacular this year he will be the worst player on the o-line, so as long as he plays decent we will have one of the top o-lines in the league. And I agree 100% with goeagles, on the o-line. Shawn Andrews looks to be the RT, and from what I've heard Stacey is a better RG than RT.

I am still wondering why we traded two 5th rounders for Ellis Hobbs. It seems as if he will be our dime CB. Asante and Brown are the obvious starters, with Hanson being one of the better nickels. He does have some return value and he could let us trade Sheldon, but a trade is more than unlikely.

eaglesalltheway
05-03-2009, 07:09 PM
No doubt MJg is best suited as a RG, but in our blocking scheme, the difference is less than it is in most systems. MJg has the quickness necessary to play there, though i owuldn't be surprised if something happened to Herremans, they would elect to put McGlynn in over MJG, as the coaches are high on McGlynn as well.

cunningham06
05-03-2009, 07:10 PM
I'm not defending Sheldon, but depending on what type of BMW (doesn't say in the article) it isn't that bad, especially considering what some other NFL players have.

Damn right Cole! He's the man on so many levels...

I believe it's an M5, I just did a quick google check. Starting price on one of those is around $85,000. He's doing pretty well for himself...

eaglesalltheway
05-03-2009, 07:13 PM
I believe it's an M5, I just did a quick google check. Starting price on one of those is around $85,000. He's doing pretty well for himself...

Not bad, but you have to admit, he could've brought some other even bigger waste of money...People with money have nice cars, I'm used to it, I'm not going to get into a big hissy over him owning a vehicle like that. I think its really not a big story.

cunningham06
05-03-2009, 07:18 PM
Lets not forget the Giants, and I think maybe the Cowboys will shift to more of a running attack with all the RBs they have, and the loss of talent at receiver with TO gone.

Roy Williams will be a ton better this year once he knows the playbook. He has unreal hands if they can just get him the ball. TO leaving will definitely be a drawback, but their passing game will still be good with Roy Williams and Jason Witten. Their running game is no joke though with Barber and Felix Jones. Dallas's offense will be pretty good as usual I expect.