PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Eagles Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

eaglesalltheway
06-06-2009, 02:24 PM
Yep, no point in wasting any money on Fanaika. lol.

Damn... Sorry Paul, I alway forget about you... Unfortunatley for him I don't think he makes the team anyway. But they need to get him signed at least.

eaglesalltheway
06-06-2009, 02:27 PM
Yes, but Cornelius has the same physical attributes and I believe they will line him up at WR occasionally. Basically what Im say is that Baskett's time here will soon be over. Either this season or the next.

Except Ingram is primarily a TE. We will see him at WR, just like we do Westy, but they are not WRs, they are just capable of playing there. Baskett is a WR and he posesses a size and skill set that makes him valuable to this team that Reggie doesn't have. Reggie is a poor man's Kevin Curtis to a degree. It is much more likely that Brown is gone than Baskett, for the reasons we've already said.

Go_Eagles77
06-06-2009, 02:41 PM
Damn... Sorry Paul, I alway forget about you... Unfortunatley for him I don't think he makes the team anyway. But they need to get him signed at least.
I was actually half serious when I said that lol. I see no possible way he makes the team barring some freak event and I really have no idea why the team drafted him.

bsaza2358
06-08-2009, 09:25 AM
He'll be on the practice squad for a year, then we'll see. He's another project kind of guy that they'll work with and maybe turn chicken poop into chicken salad...

eaglesalltheway
06-08-2009, 12:44 PM
He'll be on the practice squad for a year, then we'll see. He's another project kind of guy that they'll work with and maybe turn chicken poop into chicken salad...

Then what happens with Mike Gibson? I think it'd be just as likely they keep him over Fanaika, or do you expect them to keep two OL on the PS? That is a possibility, but I think with the team likely keeping 10 OL, they will try to keep players at the LB positions and other positions where they are relatively thin.

eaglesalltheway
06-09-2009, 08:19 AM
The Eagles have reportedly made plans to bring former Kentucky DE Jeremy Jarmon in for a workout. Jarmon is eligible for the supplemental draft this year. He is approximately 6'3 and 277 lbs, and has ability to get to the QB. Opinions on possibly using a late round pick in next year's draft on this guy?

I certainly wouldn't mind the move at all, as long as we don't give up more than a fifth rounder. It is a relatively low risk considering we only use a late round pick on a guy that has some off the field issues. If it is a fourth though (which I doubt), then the value may not be there, but he has the talent to be good in a reserve role in the NFL, and would fit well in a DE rotation.

superman8456
06-09-2009, 10:15 AM
The Eagles have Jereportedly made plans to bring former Kentucky DE Jeremy Jarmon in for a workout. Jarmon is eligible for the supplemental draft this year. He is approximately 6'3 and 277 lbs, and has ability to get to the QB. Opinions on possibly using a late round pick in next year's draft on this guy?

I certainly wouldn't mind the move at all, as long as we don't give up more than a fifth rounder. It is a relatively low risk considering we only use a late round pick on a guy that has some off the field issues. If it is a fourth though (which I doubt), then the value may not be there, but he has the talent to be good in a reserve role in the NFL, and would fit well in a DE rotation.

Jeremy Jarmon doesnt have off the field issues. He simply used a substance that he didnt know the ingredients to, and one of the ingredients were banned. I would love it if we got him, especially since our LDE's are pretty up their in age.

bsaza2358
06-09-2009, 01:06 PM
I'm fine to bring the guy in for a workout. He has some talent (frankly, I haven't looked at tape). The questions become: Is there space on the roster for the guy? Will he make an impact right now? If so, will it be worth losing the draft pick? Can they get the guy for reasonable value?

Since the Eagles drafted later, I think they'd probably have to give up a 4th at least. If the guy's not going to play, I'm not certain that he'll be worth it.

eaglesalltheway
06-09-2009, 08:19 PM
Jeremy Jarmon doesnt have off the field issues. He simply used a substance that he didnt know the ingredients to, and one of the ingredients were banned. I would love it if we got him, especially since our LDE's are pretty up their in age.

Really our only LDE that is up there in age is Juqua Parker, he is over 30, but Clemons is either 27 or 28, and Abiamiri is still young, 24 or 25. But what makes a difference is the ortation they are in. They won't face all the wear and tear if we ran a defense that didn't implement rotation at the DL positions.

eaglesalltheway
06-09-2009, 08:21 PM
I'm fine to bring the guy in for a workout. He has some talent (frankly, I haven't looked at tape). The questions become: Is there space on the roster for the guy? Will he make an impact right now? If so, will it be worth losing the draft pick? Can they get the guy for reasonable value?

Since the Eagles drafted later, I think they'd probably have to give up a 4th at least. If the guy's not going to play, I'm not certain that he'll be worth it.

Keep in mind Jared Gaither was a fifth round compensation pick, and Jarmon isn't close the the claibur of prospect that Gaither was. I'm sure if teams decide to do some bidding, the highest they go will be the fifth round, with many of the teams only willing to give up a 6th or 7th.

superman8456
06-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Really our only LDE that is up there in age is Juqua Parker, he is over 30, but Clemons is either 27 or 28, and Abiamiri is still young, 24 or 25. But what makes a difference is the ortation they are in. They won't face all the wear and tear if we ran a defense that didn't implement rotation at the DL positions.

Clemons is not really a DE. He is a situational pass rusher and gets time at LB.

You're also leaving out Darren Howard, who is 32.

Todd Bertuzzi
06-09-2009, 08:40 PM
I'd be fine with us giving up a 5th for Jarmon. We have an abundance of picks and our depth is good so we can afford to take a shot on a guy like him.

The Legend
06-09-2009, 10:46 PM
I'm a big fan of Max Jean-Gilles and I was wondering if anyone here thinks he could beat Todd Herremans and win the left guard position?

superman8456
06-10-2009, 12:03 AM
I'm a big fan of Max Jean-Gilles and I was wondering if anyone here thinks he could beat Todd Herremans and win the left guard position?

I highly doubt this. Todd Herremans was a borderline ProBowl snub. He played extremely well last season. It would be pretty much impossible.

Max Jean-Gilles gives us support if Stacy Andrews gets hurt again or something along those lines.

bsaza2358
06-10-2009, 11:12 AM
I'd be fine with us giving up a 5th for Jarmon. We have an abundance of picks and our depth is good so we can afford to take a shot on a guy like him.

Would a 5th get him over other teams that might want him? My understanding is that he's probably not a good fit in the 3-4 D, which makes the number of available competitors smaller. I'd be fine to invest the 5th, but probably not much more.

bsaza2358
06-10-2009, 11:14 AM
Either way, you have to love the Eagles' depth. Problem here is that I think Herremens and MJG are FA's soon. MJG might be on a tender offer, making him a FA this offseason. Would suck to lose either for no real compensation. I think both can start and play at a high level in the NFL.

eaglesalltheway
06-10-2009, 03:21 PM
Clemons is not really a DE. He is a situational pass rusher and gets time at LB.

You're also leaving out Darren Howard, who is 32.

He is a DE on the roster, and an LE at that, and Howard is listed as an RE.

Clemons get time at the "Joker" position, which is a DE/LB hybrid, he isn't an LB.

eaglesalltheway
06-10-2009, 03:23 PM
I highly doubt this. Todd Herremans was a borderline ProBowl snub. He played extremely well last season. It would be pretty much impossible.

Max Jean-Gilles gives us support if Stacy Andrews gets hurt again or something along those lines.

I don't think so either, though MJG is a favorite of mine, Herremans had a great year and though MJG can play LG, he is better suited at RG. MJg is what I like to call "elite depth" that we have along our interior OL.

eaglesalltheway
06-10-2009, 03:25 PM
Would a 5th get him over other teams that might want him? My understanding is that he's probably not a good fit in the 3-4 D, which makes the number of available competitors smaller. I'd be fine to invest the 5th, but probably not much more.

If a fifth can land Jared Gaither in the supplemental draft, I think Jarmon won't be any more than a fifth, and in all honesty, most teams who are interested won't bet more than a 6th.

eaglesalltheway
06-10-2009, 03:30 PM
Either way, you have to love the Eagles' depth. Problem here is that I think Herremens and MJG are FA's soon. MJG might be on a tender offer, making him a FA this offseason. Would suck to lose either for no real compensation. I think both can start and play at a high level in the NFL.

Herremans is signed through 2013, so he will be around for a while, but MJG would be tough to lose. Nick Cole is also in a contract year. Hopefully the team can get them locked up, as I feel both can be starters for us.

Sniper
06-12-2009, 09:45 AM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfceast/0-11-60/Andy-Reid-has-an-update-on-Jim-Johnson.html

The most important thing from Andy Reid's news conference Thursday was his update on defensive coordinator Jim Johnson's health. For the first time, Reid alluded to the fact that Johnson might not be available for the start of the season.

"Some days are good days, and some days are not-so-good days," Reid said. "He's receiving pretty intense chemotherapy. There are just some days that stuff gets you, and there are other days that he feels pretty good. I have a chance to talk to him about every day. He's a battler."

Reid also talked about how secondary coach Sean McDermott's experience with Johnson should serve him well as he takes on the interim role as defensive coordinator.

"If that's how it is in the fall, then at least [McDermott] had a little bit of exposure to it," Reid said, voicing for the first time the possibility that his young assistant might have to start the season as defensive coordinator. "If Jim comes back, I think Sean's even better for (the experience)."

I really hope Johnson gets better.

Sniper
06-12-2009, 09:46 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4252717

The five-time Pro Bowler was due to make $9.2 million this season and $10 million next season. ESPN's Michael Smith reported the two-year deal is worth $24.5 million, with another $1 million in incentives.

McNabb gets his raise.

bsaza2358
06-12-2009, 10:26 AM
I'm glad the contract situation is worked out. Looks like a great deal for both, and it resolves a major sticking point heading into the season.

eaglesalltheway
06-12-2009, 12:39 PM
I'm glad the contract situation is worked out. Looks like a great deal for both, and it resolves a major sticking point heading into the season.

Agreed, and I just wish the best for Jim Johnson.

superman8456
06-12-2009, 12:41 PM
What are your expectations for the Eagles next season? I dont want to get into the whole playoff and SB talk because thats putting the cart before the horse, but how do you see us doing in the regular season?

Sniper
06-12-2009, 01:01 PM
What are your expectations for the Eagles next season? I dont want to get into the whole playoff and SB talk because thats putting the cart before the horse, but how do you see us doing in the regular season?

@ Panthers- Loss
Saints- Win
Chiefs- Win
Buccaneers- Win
@ Raiders- Win
@ Redskins- Loss
Giants- Win
Cowboys- Win
@ Chargers- Loss
@ Bears- Loss
Redskins- Win
@ Falcons- Win
@ Giants- Loss
49ers- Win
Broncos- Win
@ Cowboys- Win

11-5.

eaglesalltheway
06-12-2009, 01:20 PM

Either 11-5 or 12-4. We will battle the Giants and maybe one or two others for best seed in the NFC. Pick any game on that schedule though, and there is a realistic shot at winning it.

Sniper
06-14-2009, 10:52 PM
I got these from the Madden thread.

Position Name OVR SPD ACC
QB D. McNabb 90 78 75
QB K. Kolb 68
QB AJ Feeley 51

Comments- Pretty much where I expected.

HB B. Westbook 94 94 99
HB L. McCoy 75 92 95
HB L. Booker 66 92 95
FB L. Weaver 82 79 84

Comments- Same as QB.

WR D. Jackson 81 95 98
WR J. Maclin 78 96 98
WR K. Curtis 76 92 94
WR R. Brown 72 85 83
WR J. Avant 65 77 81
WR H. Baskett 64 81 84

Comments- DeSean and Curtis are lower than I thought. Avant is CRIMINALLY low. Are you ******* kidding me? 65 is embarrassing. Reggie Brown ahead of him? Come on.

TE B. Celek 73 75 77
TE M. Schobel 72 74 77
TE C. Ingram 63 84 88

Comments- A little low for Celek.

OL J. Peters 95
OL S. Andrews 92
OL S. Andrews 87
OL T. Herremans 87
OL J. Jackson 84
OL M. Jean-Gilles 69
OL W. Justice 66
OL M. Gibson 66
OL N. Cole 65
OL F. Tupou 65

Comments- MJG and Cole are low considering how well they played last year. Peters is high for how he played.

DL T. Cole 91 84 92
DL B. Bunkley 82
DL J. Parker 80
DL D. Howard 78
DL M. Patterson 74
DL C. Clemons 72
DL T. Laws 70
DL V. Abiamiri 69
DL D. Klecko 65
DL A. Gordon 60

Comments- Patterson, Bunkley, Clemons, Laws, and Abiamiri are WAY low.

LB S. Bradley 77 73 82
LB C. Gocong 70 70 82
LB A. Jordan 70 76 82
LB O. Gaither 65 75 85
LB J. Mays 62 75 82
LB T. Daniels 59 77 79

Comments- Bradley, Gocong and Gaither are way low.

CB A. Samuel 95 90 95
CB S. Brown 87 87 91
CB E. Hobbs 83 90 93
CB J. Hanson 75 86 88
CB M. Harris 69 85 88
CB J. Ikegwuonu 53 85 86

Comments- Hobbs is a tad high. Sheldon's low after last year.

S Q. Mikell 86 82 86
S S. Jones 80 86 88
S R. Baker 67 80 84
S Q. Demps 65 89 93

Comments- Demps is way low. I'd say 73-75.

K D. Akers 77

P S. Rocca 59

Comments- Sav was a beast last year. 59 is insulting.

Eagles got boned hard.

eaglesalltheway
06-15-2009, 01:25 PM
I got these from the Madden thread.

Position Name OVR SPD ACC
QB D. McNabb 90 78 75
QB K. Kolb 68
QB AJ Feeley 51

Comments- Pretty much where I expected.

HB B. Westbook 94 94 99
HB L. McCoy 75 92 95
HB L. Booker 66 92 95
FB L. Weaver 82 79 84

Comments- Same as QB.

WR D. Jackson 81 95 98
WR J. Maclin 78 96 98
WR K. Curtis 76 92 94
WR R. Brown 72 85 83
WR J. Avant 65 77 81
WR H. Baskett 64 81 84

Comments- DeSean and Curtis are lower than I thought. Avant is CRIMINALLY low. Are you ******* kidding me? 65 is embarrassing. Reggie Brown ahead of him? Come on.

TE B. Celek 73 75 77
TE M. Schobel 72 74 77
TE C. Ingram 63 84 88

Comments- A little low for Celek.

OL J. Peters 95
OL S. Andrews 92
OL S. Andrews 87
OL T. Herremans 87
OL J. Jackson 84
OL M. Jean-Gilles 69
OL W. Justice 66
OL M. Gibson 66
OL N. Cole 65
OL F. Tupou 65

Comments- MJG and Cole are low considering how well they played last year. Peters is high for how he played.

DL T. Cole 91 84 92
DL B. Bunkley 82
DL J. Parker 80
DL D. Howard 78
DL M. Patterson 74
DL C. Clemons 72
DL T. Laws 70
DL V. Abiamiri 69
DL D. Klecko 65
DL A. Gordon 60

Comments- Patterson, Bunkley, Clemons, Laws, and Abiamiri are WAY low.

LB S. Bradley 77 73 82
LB C. Gocong 70 70 82
LB A. Jordan 70 76 82
LB O. Gaither 65 75 85
LB J. Mays 62 75 82
LB T. Daniels 59 77 79

Comments- Bradley, Gocong and Gaither are way low.

CB A. Samuel 95 90 95
CB S. Brown 87 87 91
CB E. Hobbs 83 90 93
CB J. Hanson 75 86 88
CB M. Harris 69 85 88
CB J. Ikegwuonu 53 85 86

Comments- Hobbs is a tad high. Sheldon's low after last year.

S Q. Mikell 86 82 86
S S. Jones 80 86 88
S R. Baker 67 80 84
S Q. Demps 65 89 93

Comments- Demps is way low. I'd say 73-75.

K D. Akers 77

P S. Rocca 59

Comments- Sav was a beast last year. 59 is insulting.

Eagles got boned hard.

I know they changed the rating system a bit, but that doesn't mean any of these are perfect. I think for the most part they are where they should be, but comparing guys even on this team, there are a bunch that are waaaaay too low. Bradley had a borderline Pro-Bowl season by many accounts, and he is in the 70s? I guess its not a big deal since I really have lost interest in Madden, but a lot of these are just horrible rankings. I think the evaluators for the video game ****** up real bad on a lot of these, especially defensively.

Sniper
06-15-2009, 01:29 PM
I don't play Madden anymore. I borrowed Madden '09 from a friend and hated it, and I've vowed to never buy Madden again. NCAA, on the other hand, is my best friend during the summer.

eaglesalltheway
06-15-2009, 01:30 PM
I don't play Madden anymore. I borrowed Madden '09 from a friend and hated it, and I've vowed to never buy Madden again. NCAA, on the other hand, is my best friend during the summer.

I love NCAA, that is really the video game I play the most. I only have a PS2, so I don't get the full experience of any video game really, but in the watered down versions that I get, NCAA is always the best. So I assume it is that way for XBox and PS3.

Sniper
06-15-2009, 01:38 PM
What's funny is that I find that NCAA overrates a lot of the players whereas Madden underrates a lot of players. Maybe they should add a bit of each other into the game to get accurate ratings.

eaglesalltheway
06-15-2009, 01:41 PM
What's funny is that I find that NCAA overrates a lot of the players whereas Madden underrates a lot of players. Maybe they should add a bit of each other into the game to get accurate ratings.

Yeah they do a bit, but in Madden, it only takes 3 or 4 years for every single player to be rated a 99, and at least half of the players reach 99. At least NCAA keeps more consistent than the Madden games.

brat316
06-15-2009, 01:43 PM
Yeah they do a bit, but in Madden, it only takes 3 or 4 years for every single player to be rated a 99, and at least half of the players reach 99. At least NCAA keeps more consistent than the Madden games.

NCAA has your player for 3-4 years wheres Madden they have can 15 year careers.

Todd Bertuzzi
06-15-2009, 02:21 PM
This year I'm not going to buy Madden and those rankings only make that decision better. NCAA all the way.

bsaza2358
06-15-2009, 02:38 PM
I haven't bought Madden in like 5 years. The rankings and the ridiculous ease at which you can improve your players make it a bit of a waste of time. I'd rather get laid. haha

Thumper
06-15-2009, 04:29 PM
I haven't bought Madden in like 5 years. The rankings and the ridiculous ease at which you can improve your players make it a bit of a waste of time. I'd rather get laid. haha

who wouldn't?

bsaza2358
06-15-2009, 04:34 PM
I bet there is a segment of the population who wouldn't trade video games for more sex...

Sniper
06-15-2009, 06:03 PM
http://www.bigblueview.com/2009/5/16/877157/whos-better-domenik-hixon-or

Watch Giants fans try to convince themselves that Domenik Hixon is better than DeSean Jackson. It's awesome.

Go_Eagles77
06-15-2009, 06:26 PM
NOT making ONE catch. If he makes that catch int he Eagles game, everyone knows which one, Hixon is the new budding WR star for the NY Giants.
If he makes that catch, there is no talk about who is the Giants next #1 WR.
Id take Hixon in a Heartbeat over D-Jax. You take each of these guy’s bonehead plays of the year…Hixon’s dropped pass, D-Jax celebrating before he got in the endzone………
To me, each are equal talents. If Hixon catches that ball, no one questions who is better.
Hixon to me is still better. He was pretty much a rookie in the offense last year.
I say Hixon breaks out this year too.http://panzerpuff.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/facepalm.jpg

eaglesalltheway
06-15-2009, 11:02 PM
Honestly, its seeing posts like that that make me happy we actually have great giants fans on this board. I know they are rival fans and whatever, but at leasty most of them know what they are talking about and go about things in a good manner. That goes for almost any fans on this site really.

Sniper
06-18-2009, 05:28 PM
http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/16/an-o-line-that-was-maligned-a-closer-look-at-the-eagles/

Nice read on the Eagles' OL.

eaglesalltheway
06-18-2009, 08:08 PM
http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/16/an-o-line-that-was-maligned-a-closer-look-at-the-eagles/

Nice read on the Eagles' OL.

Its a good article, I find it hard to believe Jamaal Jackson (and Tra Thomas for that matter) POA win % was so high, as he seemed like a weak spot in the run game. As usual, stats only tell a piece of the story, but that is a good find.

Sniper
06-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Its a good article, I find it hard to believe Jamaal Jackson (and Tra Thomas for that matter) POA win % was so high, as he seemed like a weak spot in the run game. As usual, stats only tell a piece of the story, but that is a good find.

Right. On the other hand, MJG has a lower POA % but the second-best YPA on the team.

eaglesalltheway
06-18-2009, 08:13 PM
Right. On the other hand, MJG has a lower POA % but the second-best YPA on the team.

That pretty much means, when he won, he owned... I still think that is skewed a little bit for some reason though...

eaglesalltheway
06-18-2009, 08:14 PM
Also, I find it funny that outsiders think we are an offense that is better at running outside the tackles... Our best YPA is in the middle.

eaglesalltheway
06-19-2009, 07:21 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d810aad43/Eagles-in-the-offseason

Nice video about the RB/FB situation. I liek how Roy Woodson says Weaver is a real FB, and we haven't had one. REading over my psts, Rod?

Shows a little bit of why Westy is one of the most complete RBs, if not the most complete. Shows him as a blocker.

eaglesalltheway
06-19-2009, 11:31 AM
So its a little over a month until Training Camp starts up again. With work being really slow, I will be able to go some during the weekdays, not just the weekends like last year. I must say I am real excited for that.

Thumper
06-26-2009, 08:08 PM
I don't think we should continue to hi-jack Malaka's mock draft thread so I'll continue my case here.

According to http://www.profootballfocus.com Broderick Bunkley rated out as a top 15 DT in the NFL, right below Haloti Ngata. Bunkley graded out as a top 20 run stuffer and as a lowly top 50 pass rusher. So that tells me that he is much better at stuffing the run, than he is at rushing the passer, but I could've told you that.

Mike Patterson on the other hand, graded out as the 129th rated DT overall, 150th pass rushing DT and the 52nd run stuffing DT. Which only confirms my point that Mike Patterson is average and cannot rush the passer and is not becoming more well rounded.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/dl

Now this is a stat that I've been looking for. The defensive line stats. Take a look at the chart for average yards per carry in each direction. When the opposing team ran to the left side of their line (the right side of ours) Trent Cole shut them down and the Eagles ranked 5th when ran on to the left and 3rd when the other team ran behind their LT. The offense was held to less than 3.31 yards a carry in both categories.

Out at the left side of the defense didn't do as well with the run. Ranking 7th when ran on the outside and ranked 23rd when the other team ran behind their RT. That tells me that Jaqua Parker is not a good run stuffer at all. This could be helped with Abiamiri being healthy and playing more often.

But when ran on up the middle the offense had their way, when the opposing teams ran up the middle the Eagles ranked 17th, allowing nearly 4.3 yards a carry which seeing as Bunkley graded out very well as a run defender that Mike Patterson, Trevor Laws and possibly Stewart Bradley did not perform to the best of their abilities this past season. The stats seem to back that up as Stewart Bradley graded out as a top 30 run stuffer and in contrast he graded out as a top 10 MLB in coverage and a top 20 MLB in all.

So it would seem as if the Eagles need a UT because Bunkley did fantastic as a NT but the UT spot was very very average. Also the LE spot was average as well.

-------------------------

Some things that I found interesting while looking this stuff up. Trent Cole graded out as a top 6 overall DE. The 4th best run stuffer and the 5th best pass rusher. The site ProFootballFocus only has 13 games on the site for the Eagles and in those 13 games, Trent Cole made 7 sacks, 15 QB hits and 31 QB pressures. In those 13 games Trent Cole had 5 more qb hits than Justin Tuck and the same amount of pressures as Tuck who had all 16 games accounted for.

superman8456
06-26-2009, 09:23 PM
I don't think we should continue to hi-jack Malaka's mock draft thread so I'll continue my case here.

According to http://www.profootballfocus.com Broderick Bunkley rated out as a top 15 DT in the NFL, right below Haloti Ngata. Bunkley graded out as a top 20 run stuffer and as a lowly top 50 pass rusher. So that tells me that he is much better at stuffing the run, than he is at rushing the passer, but I could've told you that.

Mike Patterson on the other hand, graded out as the 129th rated DT overall, 150th pass rushing DT and the 52nd run stuffing DT. Which only confirms my point that Mike Patterson is average and cannot rush the passer and is not becoming more well rounded.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/dl

Now this is a stat that I've been looking for. The defensive line stats. Take a look at the chart for average yards per carry in each direction. When the opposing team ran to the left side of their line (the right side of ours) Trent Cole shut them down and the Eagles ranked 5th when ran on to the left and 3rd when the other team ran behind their LT. The offense was held to less than 3.31 yards a carry in both categories.

Out at the left side of the defense didn't do as well with the run. Ranking 7th when ran on the outside and ranked 23rd when the other team ran behind their RT. That tells me that Jaqua Parker is not a good run stuffer at all. This could be helped with Abiamiri being healthy and playing more often.

But when ran on up the middle the offense had their way, when the opposing teams ran up the middle the Eagles ranked 17th, allowing nearly 4.3 yards a carry which seeing as Bunkley graded out very well as a run defender that Mike Patterson, Trevor Laws and possibly Stewart Bradley did not perform to the best of their abilities this past season. The stats seem to back that up as Stewart Bradley graded out as a top 30 run stuffer and in contrast he graded out as a top 10 MLB in coverage and a top 20 MLB in all.

So it would seem as if the Eagles need a UT because Bunkley did fantastic as a NT but the UT spot was very very average. Also the LE spot was average as well.

-------------------------

Some things that I found interesting while looking this stuff up. Trent Cole graded out as a top 6 overall DE. The 4th best run stuffer and the 5th best pass rusher. The site ProFootballFocus only has 13 games on the site for the Eagles and in those 13 games, Trent Cole made 7 sacks, 15 QB hits and 31 QB pressures. In those 13 games Trent Cole had 5 more qb hits than Justin Tuck and the same amount of pressures as Tuck who had all 16 games accounted for.

GREAT research.

I'm a bit surprised by how Trent Cole did against the run. I knew he was good, but not this good. I'm also surprised how badly our LE's did. I thought they would be at least top 15 or something.

What UT do you see being available for us next year? DeMarcus Granger?

Thumper
06-26-2009, 09:47 PM
GREAT research.

I'm a bit surprised by how Trent Cole did against the run. I knew he was good, but not this good. I'm also surprised how badly our LE's did. I thought they would be at least top 15 or something.

What UT do you see being available for us next year? DeMarcus Granger?

Well alot of it depends on what you want. You'll find some people who want to say move Bunkley to UT which is his natural fit and draft a NT, however I think it would be much easier to just draft a UT seeing as Bunkley is a stud NT, even though the last I heard Bunkley is at only 294 pounds which is a featherweight for a NT, but that incredible strength (44 reps at combine and has gotten stronger) allows him to play very well at NT.

If I had to choose a UT who will be there when the Eagles pick (at this point) it would come down to Arthur Jones, Brian Price, Geno Atkins, DeMarcus Granger and Marvin Austin.

-Arthur Jones is a complete monster at Syracuse. He is the only decent player on that defense and he still produces even though he faces double teams every single play. He is very similar to Luis Castillo of the Chargers who IMO would make a great DT.
-Brian Price is a Mike Patterson clone.
-Geno Atkins had a great sophomore season, but really struggled without Jeff Owens and he isn't bulky at all. He gets pushed around and has yet to make an impact without Jeff Owens beside him. Looks like a Tampa-2 3-Tech.
-Granger probably has the most potential but he really hasn't lived up to his billing and is overshadowed by Gerald McCoy. Plus, he was injured all last season. He is balanced and has improved at Oklahoma greatly just by losing nearly 50 pounds since his freshman year. Very overrated guy who is running off of his potential right now.
-Marvin Austin is another guy who is running off of potential. Amazing potential and has nearly the exact same skill-set as Gerald McCoy just no production to go along with it. He is big enough at 300+ pounds and is said to run a 4.8 40. Some have compared him to former Eagle Corey Simon.

eaglesalltheway
06-26-2009, 11:35 PM
That is compelling research, but as I will always say, stats only tell a piece of the story. I don't know exactly how they complile those stats, but the best way to gauge a player, especially DTs and O-Linemen, is by watching the actual games, and if you go by that, Bunk is a top 15 DT, maybe higher, and Patterson is at least an average DT, which would put himin the 30-40 range. Even if DT is a problem, I doubt the team invests another high pick on a DT, we have two first rounders and a second rounder in 4 years, IIRC, and if need be, the team will draft a DT later on, most likely the early part of the second day of the draft.

brat316
06-27-2009, 01:53 AM
I want to see Laws in action before going after another tackle.

eaglesalltheway
06-27-2009, 11:08 AM
I want to see Laws in action before going after another tackle.

He has shown that he can be at least a very solid contributor in our rotation, if not more. In his time, he has made plays, and DT is the most difficult position to make plays from for a defender.

Go_Eagles77
06-27-2009, 11:33 AM
Laws showed more as a rookie than Bunk did as a rookie, and look where Bunk is at now. I believe Laws will challenge Patterson for his starting spot within a year or two.

bigbluedefense
06-27-2009, 02:11 PM
i would think the Eagles would invest in a DE before they invested in another DT.

In case Abriamiri doesn't show the pass rushing abilities you'd expect out of him. So far he's been a great run stuffer, but he hasn't shown the pass rushing skills i expected out of him.

I had a huge mancrush on Abriamiri coming out. I still think he can develop into a pass rusher.

Sniper
06-27-2009, 02:12 PM
Laws showed more as a rookie than Bunk did as a rookie, and look where Bunk is at now. I believe Laws will challenge Patterson for his starting spot within a year or two.

Bunkley also missed part of training camp.

eaglesalltheway
06-28-2009, 12:14 AM

Agreed, though as Sniper said, there were toher circumstances with Bunk. I think Laws will challenge within the next two years, he is a very talented DT who brings a lot to the table as a UT.

eaglesalltheway
06-28-2009, 12:17 AM
i would think the Eagles would invest in a DE before they invested in another DT.

In case Abriamiri doesn't show the pass rushing abilities you'd expect out of him. So far he's been a great run stuffer, but he hasn't shown the pass rushing skills i expected out of him.

I had a huge mancrush on Abriamiri coming out. I still think he can develop into a pass rusher.

Ask anyone else on here. As soon as I saw him in one on one drills last year in Training Camp (when he was healthy), my man crush began, and it is now a fulling raging attraction. I may like Abiamiri as much as Scotty like Ray Rice or Brian Leonard, if that is even possible. Watching him last year, he defintely has the ability to become a pass rush threat as well, though he will always be a great run stuffer at LE. He is one of the people I am looking forward to the most when I go again this year.

And I agree about the DE/DT as well, we have too many young talented DTs with high picks invested in them. We have a few older DE that are members of our rotation, and not many high picks invested in either DE spot, but a lot of FA money, from those older DEs.

Sniper
06-28-2009, 11:59 AM
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20288138,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

Hank Baskett gets hitched. The reason I posted this? It gives me an excuse to post pics of his wife.

http://beargoggleson.com/files/2009/04/kendrawilkinsonchargers.jpg

http://www.ewestpost.com/kendrawilkinson/pictures/BreastEnhancedKendraWilkinson.jpg

eaglesalltheway
06-29-2009, 12:16 PM
That is a perfectly valid reason Sniper... Why not more!?!

Sniper
06-29-2009, 01:21 PM
That is a perfectly valid reason Sniper... Why not more!?!

I was in a hurry.

http://www.celebs101.com/gallery/Kendra_Wilkinson/63356/kendra_wilkinson_photo_5.jpg

http://whenyourebored.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/kendra-wilkinson-wardrobe-malfunction-1.jpg

http://ifitandhealthy.com/wp-content/images_celeb/girls-next-door-kendra.jpg

eaglesalltheway
06-29-2009, 02:10 PM
Thats good stuff right there...

Sniper
06-29-2009, 07:22 PM
http://twitter.com/Rosenhaussports

LeSean McCoy just agreed to terms on a 4 year deal with the Eagles. He is the first 2nd round pick to sign.

Excellent news.

eaglesalltheway
06-30-2009, 01:13 PM
http://twitter.com/Rosenhaussports

Excellent news.

I'm sure McCoy being a lifetime fan made these negotiations go much easier. But this is another example of why i say Drew Rosenhaus isn't a complete ass.

eaglesalltheway
06-30-2009, 07:45 PM
That just leaves Maclin left to sign IIRC, and basically a whole month to work it out. I'm glad everything is going smoothly so far.

Sniper
07-07-2009, 01:51 PM
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dneagles/Ingram_says_no_problems_with_knee.html

Cornelius (with a name like that, you get put on first-name basis) is saying that he's had no problems with his knee so far. Good stuff.

eaglesalltheway
07-08-2009, 12:03 AM
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dneagles/Ingram_says_no_problems_with_knee.html

Cornelius (with a name like that, you get put on first-name basis) is saying that he's had no problems with his knee so far. Good stuff.

Sweet, lets hope it stays that way, and if it does, we can expect a fairly sizeable impact form him, from what we've heard so far.

superman8456
07-08-2009, 12:48 AM
Im interested in how they're going to utilize Cornelius this season. He played QB in highschool so wildcat is a possibility, he has a ton of athleticism so splitting him our wide is an option, and who knows what else?

eaglesalltheway
07-08-2009, 07:08 AM
Im interested in how they're going to utilize Cornelius this season. He played QB in highschool so wildcat is a possibility, he has a ton of athleticism so splitting him our wide is an option, and who knows what else?

I'd imagine we use him a variety of different ways. We'll probably split him out wide in certain situations, much like Dallas did with Martellus Bennet last year. Not sure how much we'd see him in the wildcat, though it is a possibility I would love to see. Hell, we may see him in the backfield and go out on some routes, though that isn't exactly likely...

bsaza2358
07-09-2009, 09:05 AM
With Curtis, DJax, Westbrook, Celek, Brown, Baskett, and Avant, the Eagles already had a dangerous offense that had a myriad of packages they could throw at defenses. Adding Cornelius, Maclin, and McCoy gives them even more toys to play with. It's almost certain that touches will be tough to come by. My guess is that McCoy gets the touches earlier than the others to start, but by 2011, we'll see all 3 of these guys as significant contributors.

eaglesalltheway
07-09-2009, 02:41 PM
With Curtis, DJax, Westbrook, Celek, Brown, Baskett, and Avant, the Eagles already had a dangerous offense that had a myriad of packages they could throw at defenses. Adding Cornelius, Maclin, and McCoy gives them even more toys to play with. It's almost certain that touches will be tough to come by. My guess is that McCoy gets the touches earlier than the others to start, but by 2011, we'll see all 3 of these guys as significant contributors.

Definitely agree about seeing McCoy being worked in the soonest, that usually is the case with RBs. But I think we may see Maclin and Cornelius more and more as the season goes on, even if it is in minor roles. One thing that should be noted with these three guys, they will all see added opportunities because they can play multiple positions. Maclin can be a WR or a wildcat option if need be. McCoy can line up at RB, WR, or in the slot, and Cornelius can play TE or WR in certain siutations. But I agree, in the next few seasons, we could see big things from these guys.
Its about 3 weks until I go to the training camp practices guys! And when I go, I'll be sure to tell you guys every important (and some non-important) things I see.

bsaza2358
07-09-2009, 03:34 PM
Excellent! I think the biggest challenge for McCoy and Cornelius will be the blocking. Neither played in a pro blocking offense in college, so they were allowed to dominate based on their physical tools, and they could get by without proper technique. Assuming the blocking is there, they will see the field sooner.

Maclin is great at finding seams in zone coverage, but his route running on film from college and the combine was spotty. He needs to be sudden and precise. It is possible that he doesn't see the field a lot this year. Of all of them, he has the most to grow to make an impact, and he has the most competition from existing players.

superman8456
07-09-2009, 08:19 PM
I'm not gonna lie, I'm too high on McCoy. I dont know what to expect from him this year, and I cant wait until preseason to see him play.

superman8456
07-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Maclin is great at finding seams in zone coverage, but his route running on film from college and the combine was spotty. He needs to be sudden and precise. It is possible that he doesn't see the field a lot this year. Of all of them, he has the most to grow to make an impact, and he has the most competition from existing players.

Honestly, he doesnt need to do a single thing this season. He is great to have, but we have one of the deepest WR corp top to bottom in the NFL. Kevin Curtis, DeSean Jackson, Reggie Brown, Jason Avant, Hank Baskett. I like how we've gone from nothing, to fairly deep.

eaglesalltheway
07-09-2009, 10:12 PM
Excellent! I think the biggest challenge for McCoy and Cornelius will be the blocking. Neither played in a pro blocking offense in college, so they were allowed to dominate based on their physical tools, and they could get by without proper technique. Assuming the blocking is there, they will see the field sooner.

Agreed, if they can show that they have the ability to block, it will go a long way to getting them PT. I'm not sure how McCoy is coming along in that respect, but all reports are that Ingram is a better blocker than anticipated. I want to see it first, but if that is the case, he has a chance to make a bigger impact than some people expect.

bsaza2358
07-10-2009, 09:51 AM
Better blocker than anticipated? That isn't much of a stretch. The guy didn't play last season and also played in an offense where he was more of a slot receiver than a blocker. Not that it matters, but he was probably a WR in HS. Not a lot of tape out there of him blocking at all, but he has a good overall skill set. He has a long way to go.

These guys benefit from the fact that they're not REQUIRED to be on the field right away. They can learn and earn their PT. That is the way it really should be, but they will get there, barring injury.

Honestly, my biggest concern is that McNabb is only around another 2 years guaranteed. What happens after that?

eaglesalltheway
07-10-2009, 01:03 PM
That is a big concern, and I hope the team gets McNabb signed for at least another two years after that, as long as he keeps playing at a high level.

These guys benefit from the fact that they're not REQUIRED to be on the field right away. They can learn and earn their PT. That is the way it really should be, but they will get there, barring injury.

That is one of the reasons I think the team has remained successful over a long period of time. With great players, you will get new players who will come in and want to work at that level. With a high calibur team, it can go a long way to helping develop your players simply because it is a standard expect of them, and they want to live up to, or exceed their teammates.

Sniper
07-14-2009, 11:11 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d81147cf1/Top-5-Return-men

Jamie Dukes ranks DeSean as the 4th best returner in the NFL.

eaglesalltheway
07-15-2009, 11:19 AM
Um...I need to be killed, I pretty much agree with Jamie Dukes...

If anything, i think Hester should be 4, just off of what he has done, but I actually get his reasoning. (Jamie Dukes using reasoning in arguments, what has this world come to?) I may put Sproles over Washington, but that's my only thing that I have a real big thing against. All in all, a solid list, from of all people, Jamie Dukes?

bsaza2358
07-15-2009, 11:28 AM
Maybe he realized that good content drives your audience, so he actually tried this time...

eaglesalltheway
07-15-2009, 11:58 AM
Maybe he realized that good content drives your audience, so he actually tried this time...

I think luck played a bigger factor in it, lol.

bsaza2358
07-15-2009, 12:06 PM
So he had 1000 monkeys typing, and they came up with that piece of decent writing with okay analysis? Interesting.

eaglesalltheway
07-15-2009, 12:43 PM
So he had 1000 monkeys typing, and they came up with that piece of decent writing with okay analysis? Interesting.

That's pretty much what happened...

eaglesalltheway
07-16-2009, 06:23 PM
Well Jarmon went to the Skins, apparently they were at least a little more interested than the Eagles were, lol.

superman8456
07-17-2009, 01:14 AM
Do you guys think Jim Johnson will be back by the season opener next season?

I think we're underestimating the impact this could have on our team.

Thumper
07-17-2009, 02:02 AM

I think he'll call plays from a booth if he has to but even if he can't get back, I have faith in Sean McDermott who has coached under Johnson for an entire decade.

eaglesalltheway
07-17-2009, 11:06 AM

He will be back in some capacity at some time next season, I have faith in that. Whether he assumes full time DC duties by week one or just comes as a mentor for the coaches and players in week 17, I know he will be back, I feel it in my heart. Something tell me he will be back doing what we expect a DC to do by mid-season, whether or not it is before then is only a plus.

As for the impact, yes, it will be tough. But as has been said, McDermott runs a VERY similar system (he's probably just running JJ's right now) and is well known around the coaching circle to be an elite young mind. Now JJ was an elite mind, so the dropoff will be present, but I don't think it will be drastci either.

THIZZorDIE
07-19-2009, 04:51 PM
Anyone know the status of Cornelious Ingram? In Scott's review it mentions rumors of more surgery and missing this season... I sure hope not. Thanks

Thumper
07-19-2009, 04:54 PM
lol no way, he has participated in all OTAs and his athletic ability has impressed coaches and he is doing great.

Go_Eagles77
07-19-2009, 06:02 PM
Yeah, I've heard all positive things about him, then again it's hard to tell when they're wearing shorts and a t-shirt, we'll know more come Training Camp.

Sniper
07-19-2009, 06:06 PM
Yeah, I've heard all positive things about him, then again it's hard to tell when they're wearing shorts and a t-shirt, we'll know more come Training Camp.

You can still if he's running effectively and if the ACL's affecting him or not without pads.

eaglesalltheway
07-19-2009, 06:07 PM

He is one of the guys I will be keeping an especially close eye on when I go to TC...

But all indications are he will be healthy and able to play...

THIZZorDIE
07-20-2009, 12:13 AM
That is great new for the eagles, he can definitely be a threat in the passing game, short middle and deep. Celek was a threat in the passing game, notably the NFC Chanpionship game, but I dont think it will be long before Ingram replaces Celek on obvious passing downs. Ingram will probably be a week-to-week sleeper option a few weeks into the season.

What contributions do you all see McCoy making? What do you think his average touches/game will be? 5-10, even 7-15?

eaglesalltheway
07-20-2009, 12:10 PM
That is great new for the eagles, he can definitely be a threat in the passing game, short middle and deep. Celek was a threat in the passing game, notably the NFC Chanpionship game, but I dont think it will be long before Ingram replaces Celek on obvious passing downs. Ingram will probably be a week-to-week sleeper option a few weeks into the season.

What contributions do you all see McCoy making? What do you think his average touches/game will be? 5-10, even 7-15?

Celek doesn't have the athletecism that Ingram has, and doesn't really stretch the field in the snese that most TEs who stetch it do. Celek doesn't really stretch the field with his routes, he gets downfield after the catch, and is a bear to tackle, that's why I like him so much, he looks like an average athlete at best, but has great core strength and rakes in YAC like crazy given his opportunities.

eaglesalltheway
07-20-2009, 12:11 PM
I think McCoy will see anywhere from 7-12 touches per game, unless there is an injury, in which case I see that number being at least 15 or 18...

Todd Bertuzzi
07-20-2009, 04:34 PM
I heard Abiamiri is going to be starting at DE over Parker to start the season. If it's true then I like the move.

eaglesalltheway
07-21-2009, 07:30 PM
I heard Abiamiri is going to be starting at DE over Parker to start the season. If it's true then I like the move.

If it is true then I guess I can partially gloat a little bit, since I've been calling this since the end of the season, lol. Now in order me to finalize the gloating, VA just needs to perform like I expect him to, lol.

I am one HAPPY panda right now...:D:D:D:D:D

Edit: Where did you hear it from, BTW?

Todd Bertuzzi
07-21-2009, 08:03 PM
If it is true then I guess I can partially gloat a little bit, since I've been calling this since the end of the season, lol. Now in order me to finalize the gloating, VA just needs to perform like I expect him to, lol.

I am one HAPPY panda right now...:D:D:D:D:D

Edit: Where did you hear it from, BTW?

I just heard it from a friend of mine. Not sure where he heard it from though.

eaglesalltheway
07-22-2009, 03:45 PM
I just heard it from a friend of mine. Not sure where he heard it from though.

Oh, well maybe he's thinking along the lines like I am then;). Either way, I am still predicting he wins the "starting" spot and will make a big impact in the run game and a decent impact as a pass rusher this season...

bsaza2358
07-22-2009, 03:49 PM
Starter vs. reserve doesn't really matter on the Eagles D-line. They rotate all of those guys through and play certain personnel groups in certain situations. The label doesn't mean a whole lot to me.

Anyway, pre-training camp, they're not going to anoint Abriamiri the starter. He'll have to earn it.

eaglesalltheway
07-23-2009, 10:18 PM
Starter vs. reserve doesn't really matter on the Eagles D-line. They rotate all of those guys through and play certain personnel groups in certain situations. The label doesn't mean a whole lot to me.

Anyway, pre-training camp, they're not going to anoint Abriamiri the starter. He'll have to earn it.

Agreed, that's why I had the "'s around starter, but it would be significant once the team names Abiamiri the starter, if that does turn out to be the case. All rotational DL have an impact, but it still means soemthing, though not what it does in a lot of offenses.

Eaglesatthetop
07-24-2009, 07:22 AM
What should the eagles do after the 2009 season

camp_eagles
07-24-2009, 02:52 PM
What should the eagles do after the 2009 season

Ask that question again at the end of the 2009 season.

Sniper
07-24-2009, 03:48 PM
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/moving_the_chains/Book_rips_DeSean_Jackson_labels_him_a_jerk.html

Is DeSean Jackson the 86th-biggest jerk in the history of sports? Apparently so.

camp_eagles
07-25-2009, 01:32 AM
at Deseans current pace hes gonna be #1 midway through the season. since after only one season in the pros hes already 86.

eaglesalltheway
07-25-2009, 11:02 AM
at Deseans current pace hes gonna be #1 midway through the season. since after only one season in the pros hes already 86.

LOL, maybe. top ten lock for sure...LOL.

These lists are just more junk made in relatively slow off-season times. He has done some dumb things (celebrating before in the end zone) recently and that is the only reason he is on there. He isn't an angel, but to call him a jerk when he doesn't really say or do much at all is a little much, haha.

camp_eagles
07-25-2009, 02:26 PM
Has anyone heard any new news on the Jeremy Maclin contract talks? Because I cannot find a thing.

eaglesalltheway
07-26-2009, 04:11 PM
Neither have I, but we haven't heard a thing about any of the rookie contracts until they were done. Hopefully he can get this done quickly so he can come in to camp and get ready for the season... I'm gonna be going to the traing camp as much as possible this year guys, and as soon as I go to the first one (tomoorow most likely, or Tuesday) I plan on starting a thread about what has gone on and how it seems the players are doing, and any other random things that stick out in my head...

Thumper
07-26-2009, 06:50 PM
Abiamiri has a torn pectoral muscle... nice, we can always count on Abs to come through with an injury. We all get to watch Jaqua "1/2 season" Parker start at LE again! JOY!

eaglesalltheway
07-26-2009, 10:12 PM
Abiamiri has a torn pectoral muscle... nice, we can always count on Abs to come through with an injury. We all get to watch Jaqua "1/2 season" Parker start at LE again! JOY!

Damn... where'd you hear this from? Did it happen today at TC?

cunningham06
07-26-2009, 10:26 PM
Everything I've read on the injury says he will be back probably around mid August, so he'll miss training camp and maybe a preseason game or two, not too big of a deal IMO. Once he gets back on the field and knocks the rust off I expect he will become the "starter" pretty quickly, although like has been mentioned, that doesn't mean too much since we use a rotation.

superman8456
07-26-2009, 10:29 PM

Andy Reid said he strained his pectoral in an interview and was expected to be back when Westbrook comes back.

Thumper
07-26-2009, 10:34 PM
Yes, but Andy Reid will not be 'starting' Abs over Parker if he doesn't get into training camp. So regardless Victor will be receiving less playtime because of this. He is showing himself to be quite fragile.

eaglesalltheway
07-26-2009, 11:19 PM
Everything I've read on the injury says he will be back probably around mid August, so he'll miss training camp and maybe a preseason game or two, not too big of a deal IMO. Once he gets back on the field and knocks the rust off I expect he will become the "starter" pretty quickly, although like has been mentioned, that doesn't mean too much since we use a rotation.

I agree, VA was looking good last year, and if he does how I expect him to progress, he'll be "starting" sooner than people think.

eaglesalltheway
07-27-2009, 08:57 PM
Going to TC tomorrow morning and afternoon. Plan on going until I am so sunburned I can't move my head, arms, and legs. Pray for clouds, but not rain boys, I am pale, and burn easily...lol.

BamaFalcon59
07-27-2009, 09:50 PM
I hear Macho Harris is doing well for himself.

Yay! :)

Great player and leader.

eaglesalltheway
07-27-2009, 10:24 PM
I hear Macho Harris is doing well for himself.

Yay! :)

Great player and leader.

I hope he stick with the team somehow, whether it be as a FS or CB, he seems like the kind of person that is just valuable to have on the team...

BamaFalcon59
07-27-2009, 10:28 PM
True that. His play was excellent at Virginia Tech. (although not quite on par with a couple of other VT CBs), but he is an all time fan favorite for his character and leadership.

eaglesalltheway
07-27-2009, 10:43 PM
True that. His play was excellent at Virginia Tech. (although not quite on par with a couple of other VT CBs), but he is an all time fan favorite for his character and leadership.

I thinkhe could really be successful as a backup for us... But he is one of the guys I will be keeping an extra close eye on the next few days...

Todd Bertuzzi
07-28-2009, 11:54 AM
Great read eatw. Now hopefully we can get Maclin into TC so you can scout him out a bit for us.

eaglesalltheway
07-28-2009, 12:12 PM
Great read eatw. Now hopefully we can get Maclin into TC so you can scout him out a bit for us.

Thanks. And I looked over the blogs on the team, site, apparently McCoy has impressed in every practice so far...

I'm excited to get him out there too, but I'm just as excited to see Shawn at RT, get the starting defense in, and I also want to see what Leonard Weaver can do...

eaglesalltheway
07-28-2009, 05:50 PM
Horrible news today...

Jim Johnson passed away due to his cancer. This ******* sucks. I'm going to miss him, as I'm sure all of us will, and the entire organization. I hope our defense plays some dman inspirational football this seaso in his honor...

Big_Pete
07-29-2009, 05:12 AM
This is tragic news about Jim Johnson, he was truley a great DC for the Eagles and widely respected by fand from all teams and his peers.

my thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends

there are some good articles on this from nfl.com and espn.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d811853c2&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4362252

eaglesalltheway
07-29-2009, 09:42 AM
The was a banner at Training Camp that siad "You will be missed coach Jim" and there is a place at camp to leave flowers and whatnot for him as well...

camp_eagles
07-30-2009, 03:00 PM
Since the vets are here and the pads go on tomorrow I think its time to discuss position battles.

offense
WR: Desean is the only WR who we know is going to start but every other spot after that is up for grabs.

TE: Celek vs Ingram I did not expect a battle here till next year but since Ingram is doing so well in camp I think it opens up
also Schobel vs Bright for the 3rd TE spot.

RB: #2 Booker vs McCoy, Shadys gonna win.
also RB#3 Booker vs Eckel

Oline roster spot: Dunlap vs Justice vs McGlynn vs Gibson vs Max??? vs Rookies

Defense

LE: Victor vs Parker

DT: Klecko vs Jackson

WILL: Jordan vs Gaither

#2 MIKE: Mays vs Hughes

CB: Brown vs Hobbs

S: Jones vs Demps
also roster spot Parker vs Macho vs Baker

Special Teams:

P: Rocca vs Sarge (Ken Parrish)

KR & PR is going to be affected by WR, S, and CB battles.

I probably missed some or included one or two that isn't really a battle so just let me know

Sniper
07-30-2009, 03:02 PM
WR- DeSean and Curtis are your starters, Avant is the slot guy. That's not going to change barring injury or Jeremy Maclin being the fastest learner ever.

TE- Ingram's not going to beat out Celek yet, but the potential is there for a lot of twin TE sets.

Todd Bertuzzi
07-30-2009, 03:16 PM
Brown vs. Hobbs is no battle. Hobbs vs. Hanson is the battle.

Go_Eagles77
07-30-2009, 03:19 PM
Brown vs. Hobbs is no battle. Hobbs vs. Hanson is the battle.
Yep, and I'd actually give the edge to Hanson there.

eaglesalltheway
07-30-2009, 03:20 PM
Since the vets are here and the pads go on tomorrow I think its time to discuss position battles.

offense
WR: Desean is the only WR who we know is going to start but every other spot after that is up for grabs.

TE: Celek vs Ingram I did not expect a battle here till next year but since Ingram is doing so well in camp I think it opens up
also Schobel vs Bright for the 3rd TE spot.

RB: #2 Booker vs McCoy, Shadys gonna win.
also RB#3 Booker vs Eckel

Oline roster spot: Dunlap vs Justice vs McGlynn vs Gibson vs Max??? vs Rookies

Defense

LE: Victor vs Parker

DT: Klecko vs Jackson

WILL: Jordan vs Gaither

#2 MIKE: Mays vs Hughes

CB: Brown vs Hobbs

S: Jones vs Demps
also roster spot Parker vs Macho vs Baker

Special Teams:

P: Rocca vs Sarge (Ken Parrish)

KR & PR is going to be affected by WR, S, and CB battles.

I probably missed some or included one or two that isn't really a battle so just let me know

I agree with Sniper about WR and TE, so here are my other contributions...

RB: Technically they're saying its a battle, but Shady will get #2, no doubt about it, I agree the better battle will be between Booker and Eckle for #3 RB.

Schoebel and Bright is a good battle, and though Bright has looked real good, and I think he should win, I am beginning to get a strange feeling that Schoebel will somehow make it past cuts again.

OL: Dunlap is an LT, Justice was moved to RT, there is no battle between them. However, Justice and Tupou may be a battle. I think with how Dunlap has looked so far, he is cemented as the #2 LT. MJG and McGlynn will make the team for sure. Gibson won't. He hasn't impressed me in either camp. From what I've seen, Paul Fanaika has a better shot at making the team than Gibson. My bet is Fanaika will be IRed for something, as he has looked real good, but there just isn't room for him. I like Dallas Reynolds a little bit too, brings some versatility, but hwe just isn't as good as the others. Him and Gibson are on about the same field in terms of talent...

Agree about LE, you all know my feelings about that.

DT: Ehh, I haven't seen much from Jervonte yet, so I don't really have much of an opinion on it yet...

WLB: Agreed, I see Jordan winnign out...

MLB: This is tough, as Charleston Hughes has been pretty impressive so far, showing some playmaking ability, but Joe Mays has that playmaking ability as well, just in a different way, and we know he is a great run stuffer. He lead the NFL in preseason tackles. I see Mays winning this.

CB: Brown and Hobbs isn't much of a battle, IMO, unless Sheldon deos what Lito did, it isn't even close. The better battle will be for Nickle between Hobbs and Hanson, in which I see Hanson winning.

S: Demps wins this, as it seems the Eagels don't want to move Mikell, and Demps is much better suited to play FS... We'll see lots of 3 S sets with Jones though. The roster spot looks like Macho will win it if you ask me...

P: Haven't seen much of Parrish this week, so can't really say right now...

I also don't think we will save a roster spot for a returner. Not when we have Jackson, Maclin, Demps, and Hobbs, among others, who can return.

Thumper
08-02-2009, 11:04 PM
Stewart Bradley is injured... http://www.gcobb.com/content/view/3922/1/

Not good, however I am one of the few who think he is overrated a TON. IMO he doesn't make plays enough at the line of scrimmage and he gets lost in the traffic and when he makes tackles, they're down field. Plus, he isn't good in coverage, he is stiff in coverage.

Regardless this is still a big loss to a defense already dealing with the loss of Dawkins and Jim Johnson, and now they have to deal with the loss of their young leader MLB in Stewart Bradley.

However I LOVE the idea of Joe Mays starting, he is going to be really good IMO, fantastic instincts and he flies to the ball. He hits hard and he is a freak. London Fletcher-Baker 2.0 IMO and Charleston Hughes is pretty decent from what I saw tonight.

Sniper
08-03-2009, 12:21 AM
That ******* sucks. One of the guys we need to have a big year, both vocally and statistically.

brat316
08-03-2009, 12:27 AM
i'm not big on Joe Mays, I'll give you he is a good run stuffer. I'm just not sure he is athletic enough to stay on the field the whole time. When he tackles he doesn't go through players be he hangs on and find away to bring them down.

Sniper
08-03-2009, 12:30 AM
he doesn't make plays enough at the line of scrimmage

He led the team in TFL.

Thumper
08-03-2009, 12:51 AM
He led the team in TFL.

Thats why the Eagles ranked seventeenth when ran on up the middle right? Because Bradley was always right there to stop the runner. Maybe he did lead the team in TFL (I can't find the stat), but he isn't as effective as Trotter (an example of a good MLB) was, who was tailor made for the Eagles scheme.

eaglesalltheway
08-03-2009, 06:23 AM
Stewart Bradley is injured... http://www.gcobb.com/content/view/3922/1/

Not good, however I am one of the few who think he is overrated a TON. IMO he doesn't make plays enough at the line of scrimmage and he gets lost in the traffic and when he makes tackles, they're down field. Plus, he isn't good in coverage, he is stiff in coverage.

Regardless this is still a big loss to a defense already dealing with the loss of Dawkins and Jim Johnson, and now they have to deal with the loss of their young leader MLB in Stewart Bradley.

However I LOVE the idea of Joe Mays starting, he is going to be really good IMO, fantastic instincts and he flies to the ball. He hits hard and he is a freak. London Fletcher-Baker 2.0 IMO and Charleston Hughes is pretty decent from what I saw tonight.

Bradley is a beast, to put it simply, he doesn everything, are we watching the same team? Bradley is very good in coverage. He may not look like a safety out there, but that is because the dude is freakishly tall for a LB. He is able to work his zone and cover his man for the most part, our only LB that still has coverage concerns is Gocong.

And I am not a big fan of Joe Mats starting this season. He is great against the run, but will definitely have to be taken out in passing situations. He is a real liability in coverage, Bradley is not. Hopefully it isn't serious, and if its a sprain or something he won't miss much time, as he is one of the top young LBs in the netire NFL, if not THE top young LB. (Besides Willis)

eaglesalltheway
08-03-2009, 06:26 AM
Thats why the Eagles ranked seventeenth when ran on up the middle right? Because Bradley was always right there to stop the runner. Maybe he did lead the team in TFL (I can't find the stat), but he isn't as effective as Trotter (an example of a good MLB) was, who was tailor made for the Eagles scheme.

How about all the key short yardage situations this defense stopped last year? Bradley, Gocong, Bunk and Cole were key in those, and Bradley probably lead our team in tackles in those situations, with Gocong and Cole not being far behind. Trot, especially in his second stint with the team, was defintiely not tailor made for this defense, due to his liability in coverage, Bradley can do it all, I really don't see why you can't see that...

Sniper
08-03-2009, 09:59 AM
Thats why the Eagles ranked seventeenth when ran on up the middle right? Because Bradley was always right there to stop the runner.

Right, because clearly, the only person responsible on runs up the middle is the MLB.

Maybe he did lead the team in TFL (I can't find the stat)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/stats?team=phi

Scroll down. TLOSS is there, in between sacks and FF. I'm not saying that part to be a smart ass, just trying to help you see it.

but he isn't as effective as Trotter (an example of a good MLB) was, who was tailor made for the Eagles scheme.

It was Bradley's first year as a starter in the NFL, and IIRC, his first-ever year at MLB either in college or the NFL.

eaglesalltheway
08-03-2009, 10:06 AM
Right, because clearly, the only person responsible on runs up the middle is the MLB.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/stats?team=phi

Scroll down. TLOSS is there, in between sacks and FF. I'm not saying that part to be a smart ass, just trying to help you see it.

It was Bradley's first year as a starter in the NFL, and IIRC, his first-ever year at MLB either in college or the NFL.

You are correct, he was a SLB at Nebraska. And not to take anything away from what you said Sniper, but TFL isn't it, I bet Bradley had a buttload of tackles for no gain or a short gain as well, he is great against the run, and has what Mays has in terms of run stuffing ability, but is better in coverage, and is a decent blitzer...

Giantsfan1080
08-03-2009, 11:12 AM
Any updates on Bradley's MRI?

eaglesalltheway
08-03-2009, 11:12 AM
Any updates on Bradley's MRI?

Nothing I've heard, and I'm checking the team site constantly, lol

no bare feet
08-03-2009, 11:15 AM
Bradley : (

eaglesalltheway
08-03-2009, 11:15 AM
Apparently he either heard or felt a pop... I'm not liking that news at all...

eaglesalltheway
08-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Torn ACL, damn it, that blows if PFT is right...

Giantsfan1080
08-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Torn ACL, damn it, that blows if PFT is right...

I'm sorry if that's true. I know what it's like to lose a key defensive player early.

eaglesalltheway
08-03-2009, 11:24 AM
I'm sorry if that's true. I know what it's like to lose a key defensive player early.

Well, thanks, I guess...

I'm wondering if we have Gaither back at MLB or bring Mays up to fill his shoes. Personally, I'd rather have Gaither starting at MIKE, as he is a little more balanced...

Go_Eagles77
08-03-2009, 11:44 AM
Damn wasn't expecting this. I hope they give Mays a chance to win the job. I think he would be good as a 2 down run thumper then Gaither can play on 3rd downs.

eaglesalltheway
08-03-2009, 11:47 AM
Damn wasn't expecting this. I hope they give Mays a chance to win the job. I think he would be good as a 2 down run thumper then Gaither can play on 3rd downs.

I do think Mays deserves a chance to earn it, but because of his style of play, and Gaither being a little better in coverage, he has the advantage over Mays right now to start...

cunningham06
08-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Yep, kffl confirmed it, torn ACL. This sucks, but it's a good thing we are somewhat deep at linebacker. I agree Gaither has the advantage to get the starting SAM spot, but it all depends on how both Gaither and Mays perform in TC and the preseason.

bigbluedefense
08-03-2009, 01:03 PM
wow guys. i just heard the terrible news. Bradley is out for the season.

thats so bad. I thought he was gonna be an absolute monster this year too, maybe even the 2nd best MIKE in the league behind Patrick Willis.

I hate seeing this. Even if its a division rival. We just went through this with Osi. You never want to see this.

Who fills in? Gaither? Is he still with the team? He wasn't half bad at MIKE.

Sniper
08-03-2009, 01:35 PM
******* ****! This ******* blows.

Todd Bertuzzi
08-03-2009, 01:36 PM
Hopefully Bradley can make it back for the playoffs if we make it there. This is a huge loss.

Sniper
08-03-2009, 01:39 PM
Give me OG back in the middle, plz. kthx.

Thumper
08-03-2009, 01:43 PM
Give me OG back in the middle, plz. kthx.

http://www.igglesblog.com/iggles_blog/2009/08/gaither-bradley-statistical-comparison.html

Good news their play overall in '07 and '08 was virtually even, Gaither did worse against the run and better against the pass. Maybe it will work out like you guys said and Mays will be a 2-down guy and then Gaither will be the 3rd down MLB.

bsaza2358
08-03-2009, 01:48 PM
The Eagles have a good amount of depth here with Gaither and Mays, but neither of them has Bradley's overall presence. This sucks especially because I was going to get me a Bradley jersey to replace my Dawk one. Not sure if I can justify that expenditure without him signed to an extension as of now...

bsaza2358
08-03-2009, 01:50 PM
Fact is that these kinds of injuries happen all the time to all teams. Merriman, Brady, Randall, Javon Walker, Buck... The team has no choice but to keep going and moving. It hurts, but they're still big contenders and will be fine long run.

superman8456
08-03-2009, 02:23 PM
This sucks, but I have faith in our depth. It does make me questionable about how our defensive play will be.

bsaza2358
08-03-2009, 03:06 PM
It is a team effort to control time and space (the essence of defense in any sport). The rest of the team has to step up, and the coaching staff will have to put the players in the right spots. Bradley was not infallible. He's not yet of the Ray Lewis caliber. He was improving and was a leader on the field. That will be missed, but the team remains solid across the board.

Thumper
08-03-2009, 04:33 PM
What... The... HELL!?!?!

http://www.wwmt.com/sports/babin-1365394-season-michigan.html
WWMT-TV in Kalamazoo, Mich. reported earlier this afternoon that former first-round draft pick, Jason Babin, has been signed by the Eagles. There is no official word from the team. The report states that the defensive end/linebacker spent the off-season in talks with three or four teams and has decided to join the Eagles. According to the report, Babin boarded a plane to Philadelphia this afternoon. WWMT stated that it's a one-year deal. Babin was drafted 27th overall by the Houston Texans in 2004. The 6-3, 267-pound Babin played with the Texans, Seahawks and Chiefs and has 15.0 career sacks.

Jason Babin... Jason freaking Babin? Really? REALLY? C'mon we lost a good MLB and we replace him with a sucky SLB?

eaglesalltheway
08-03-2009, 05:45 PM
Yep, kffl confirmed it, torn ACL. This sucks, but it's a good thing we are somewhat deep at linebacker. I agree Gaither has the advantage to get the starting SAM spot, but it all depends on how both Gaither and Mays perform in TC and the preseason.

Gaither has the best shot to get the starting MIKE spot, Gocong is firmly entrenched at SAM.

Interesting note, Mays was in with the #1 defense this afternoon, and was replaced by Gaither for the Nickel plays...

eaglesalltheway
08-03-2009, 05:47 PM
wow guys. i just heard the terrible news. Bradley is out for the season.

thats so bad. I thought he was gonna be an absolute monster this year too, maybe even the 2nd best MIKE in the league behind Patrick Willis.

I hate seeing this. Even if its a division rival. We just went through this with Osi. You never want to see this.

Who fills in? Gaither? Is he still with the team? He wasn't half bad at MIKE.

My bet is Gaither, but Joe "Headbuster" Mays saw most of the reps at the afternoon practice today. (I was there, the offense was testing him a lot in coverage, he was doing an acceptable job, his guys were catching balls, but if it were tackle, he may have had the opportunity to break them up or tackle them right after the catch...)

eaglesalltheway
08-03-2009, 05:48 PM
Hopefully Bradley can make it back for the playoffs if we make it there. This is a huge loss.

Don't count on it, even if he could be back by the end of the playoffs, (which he won't) the team wouldn't risk it. Expect his first real action to be OTAs next year, most likely...

eaglesalltheway
08-03-2009, 05:50 PM
The Eagles have a good amount of depth here with Gaither and Mays, but neither of them has Bradley's overall presence. This sucks especially because I was going to get me a Bradley jersey to replace my Dawk one. Not sure if I can justify that expenditure without him signed to an extension as of now...

Get either Quentin Mikell or Quentin Demps, both have been playing out of their mind. Either are a safe bet at this point IMO, though Mikell is obviously the safer one at this point.

eaglesalltheway
08-03-2009, 05:52 PM
What... The... HELL!?!?!

http://www.wwmt.com/sports/babin-1365394-season-michigan.html

Jason Babin... Jason freaking Babin? Really? REALLY? C'mon we lost a good MLB and we replace him with a sucky SLB?

If so, that rules out the talk of us trading for any DEs, like some people were claiming...

superman8456
08-03-2009, 06:05 PM
I'm just going to say right now that I do not want Omar Gaither starting for the Eagles at MLB for the first two downs. He is undersized and cannot fight off blocks well enough for the position. He is listed as 6'2, but he is really either 6 or barely 6'1. I've seen him at Chickies and Petes numerous times and he was maybe an inch taller than me and I'm around 5'11 and a half.

I'm hoping Joe Mays gets the nod because last preseason he looked extremely good and I always thought we were wasting his talent by leaving him on the bench. He finally has an opportunity, and I think he is going to take it and run with it. He wasnt a highly recruited player going to college, when he was in college he didnt even get invited to the combine, and now he has the chance to start for the Philadelphia Eagles? I want his blue collar mentality barking out the calls in the huddle.

eaglesalltheway
08-03-2009, 06:24 PM
I'm just going to say right now that I do not want Omar Gaither starting for the Eagles at MLB for the first two downs. He is undersized and cannot fight off blocks well enough for the position. He is listed as 6'2, but he is really either 6 or barely 6'1. I've seen him at Chickies and Petes numerous times and he was maybe an inch taller than me and I'm around 5'11 and a half.

I'm hoping Joe Mays gets the nod because last preseason he looked extremely good and I always thought we were wasting his talent by leaving him on the bench. He finally has an opportunity, and I think he is going to take it and run with it. He wasnt a highly recruited player going to college, when he was in college he didnt even get invited to the combine, and now he has the chance to start for the Philadelphia Eagles? I want his blue collar mentality barking out the calls in the huddle.

Even if he does get the starting spot, I think Mikell will be the one in charge of the calls for this season. He has more time in the system and is a proven starter, and is at a key position as well.

If you are worried about height, than Joe Mays isn't much better though... He is listed t 5'11, IIRC, which is already shorter than what you think Gaither is, so Mays may be like 5'10. Though he has a completely different build and is much stockier than Gaither. That is what allows him to do the headbusting, lol. In terms of size he is better than Gaither, but height, which you were talking about, he is even worse off. I love the player, just saying the whole height issue against Gaither is kind of invalid when you are comparing him with Mays... Not trying to be a prick, but... I think you see what I mean...

Sniper
08-03-2009, 10:19 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/03/maclin-eagles-finally-work-out-a-deal/

Operation "Get J-Mac in ******* Camp" is now complete.

Thumper
08-03-2009, 10:22 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/03/maclin-eagles-finally-work-out-a-deal/

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/index.html

Oh, hi Mr. Maclin, nice to see you decided to show up...

Thumper
08-03-2009, 11:21 PM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/bloghead/
http://www3.signonsandiego.com/weblogs/chargers/2009/aug/03/wilhelm-eagles/?chargers

Another report that the Eagles signed a player. This time it is former Chargers LB Matt Wilhelm.

So now the Eagles have possibly added Jason Babin and Matt Wilhelm? Eagles are moving quick.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/test.asp?story_id=18150

Interesting. Although everyone says Babin is going to stay at DE, why do we need another body? We already have 7.

Wilhelm is a good depth guy who I would like to have even if Bradley were here.

Sniper
08-04-2009, 07:05 PM
http://www3.signonsandiego.com/weblogs/chargers/2009/aug/03/wilhelm-eagles/?chargers

Another report that the Eagles signed a player. This time it is former Chargers LB Matt Wilhelm.

So now the Eagles have possibly added Jason Babin and Matt Wilhelm? Eagles are moving quick.

We were doing such a great job of keeping this team Buckeye-free, and now this.

Go_Eagles77
08-05-2009, 11:11 AM
Juqua Parker caught with marijuana.

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/newsletter/breaking/all-eagles-parker-080509-cn,0,1470639.story

WTF is going on with our D?

Sniper
08-05-2009, 11:12 AM

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/newsletter/breaking/all-eagles-parker-080509-cn,0,1470639.story

Nothing's going to happen to him.

eaglesalltheway
08-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Honestly, the fact that he was with Herremans isn't surprising at all...

Sucks, but as a whole, should be fine, and he shouldn't have anything too severe against him. Why the hell would they keep the blunt in the car, throw it out the damn window when your done or when you get pulled over, its better than having it in the vehicle.

Go_Eagles77
08-05-2009, 11:22 AM
throw it out the damn window when your done or when you get pulled over, its better than having it in the vehicle.
Speaking from experience? lol

camp_eagles
08-05-2009, 12:52 PM

Patterson was caught with marijuana last year and nothing happened to him. besides Parker took all the heat by saying it was his.

eaglesalltheway
08-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Speaking from experience? lol

Not really, just common sense, lol...

I mean throw it out when your done... **** I mean its not hard, and you don't have to worry about anyone tracing it back to you, as by te time your done it is so small that no one will see it going out the window anyway if you put the ashes out beforehand... And if you see the flashing lights, same goes, put it out andtoss it...

Go_Eagles77
08-06-2009, 10:15 PM
I just realized that none of our starting LBs will be from a BCS school if it's Jordan-Mays-Gocong. Interesting fact lol.

Sniper
08-06-2009, 10:27 PM
I just realized that none of our starting LBs will be from a BCS school if it's Jordan-Mays-Gocong. Interesting fact lol.

I hope Gaither's the MLB. I'm a big fan of his. Plus, he brings ESSSSSSSSS EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE CEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SPEEEEEEEEEEDZZZZZZZZZ to the lineup, so that can't hurt.

Sniper
08-07-2009, 10:22 AM
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20090807_Eagles_Notes___Eagles__Maclin_catching_on _quickly.html

Tight end Cornelius Ingram dropped a few passes. After practice, he was walking around cradling a football because, he said, "I need to learn how to hold it."

First step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. Nice to see Cornelius taking initiative.

eaglesalltheway
08-07-2009, 12:08 PM
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20090807_Eagles_Notes___Eagles__Maclin_catching_on _quickly.html

First step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. Nice to see Cornelius taking initiative.

Outside of Shady, DeSean, Trent Cole, Celek, Sheldon, Weaver, Demps, and Mikell, he is havign the best camp so far if you ask me...

Sniper
08-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Outside of Shady, DeSean, Trent Cole, Celek, Sheldon, Weaver, Demps, and Mikell, he is havign the best camp so far if you ask me...

Well, nipping these problems in the bud before he becomes L.J Smith 2.0 is a good idea.

eaglesalltheway
08-07-2009, 01:10 PM
Well, nipping these problems in the bud before he becomes L.J Smith 2.0 is a good idea.

Watching him, there is no way he will ever be LJ Smith 2.0. His hands are much better than LJs, and he hasn't dropped that many passes at all. Watching him out there, I bet his idea of too many dropped passes is 1. He hasn't really had a problem with dropped balls, but nice to see him trying to get better.

camp_eagles
08-08-2009, 02:33 PM
well Ingram is out with a Torn ACL. Its the same one he tore last year so i hope there is no long term damage.

eaglesalltheway
08-08-2009, 02:39 PM
well Ingram is out with a Torn ACL. Its the same one he tore last year so i hope there is no long term damage.

****!!!

Well that explains why I didn't see him this afternoon. (I decided to sleep in this morning and didn't go.) How did it happen? Or was it just never fully healed before...?

703SKINS202
08-08-2009, 03:09 PM
Damn just heard about this. I thought he was a huge steal for you guys in the draft even with the injury concern but I guess now we see why. Good luck to him and Bradley on their recoveries. What are you guys looking like at TE now?

Go_Eagles77
08-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Wow, we need to make a trade for a decent TE. Matt Schobel as the #2 is just pathetic.

Thumper
08-08-2009, 05:41 PM
This training camp has been brutal, just brutal as in one of the worst in a LONG time. We lost our defensive coordinator to cancer, we lost our starting MLB to injury, our promising TE to injury, the offensive line has not been on the field together yet, Trevor Laws and Victor Abiamiri need to step up and neither has practiced yet, Shawn Andrews back tightened up after missing all last year with a herniated disc and now DeSean Jackson the future of this team IMO hyperextended his knee.

Its honestly getting ridiculous, how can one team be so snake bitten? How can one team be so injury prone?

Not that this has anything to do with what I said above but this era in Eagles history is coming to a close extremely fast, key players are gone, coaches are gone and new players are here. I went into the offseason thinking that Dawkins would still be here as would Tra Thomas and Jim Johnson. Wrong. Instead we're looking at what could be the most talented roster in the NFL but they're dropping like flies out there. People need to realize this, 2011 is the end of this team, the absolute end, no questions asked we're moving on if we don't win the big one. Why? It is just to perfect, Donovan McNabb and Brian Westbrook's contracts expire, the last two players from the glory days of this Eagles team and we can just let them go with no cap penalty and the only hit we would take is the money Lurie owes Andy. What a perfect opportunity to rebuild and retool this team and I'm sure if McNabb can't win the big one, Andy Reid can't win the big one and Westbrook can't stay healthy, Lurie will have no hesitation about blowing this thing up and starting anew.

Take that for what it is worth but this is crunch time for the Eagles franchise, we took gambles on players and if they pay off we are going places and if they don't the Eagles are on the fast track to rebuilding and these injuries aren't helping the Eagles cause.

brat316
08-08-2009, 10:33 PM
It happens, teams always get the injury bug, but teams that have depth, can over come it.

Ingram would have been a great weapon, but he wasn't that start not much of a loss.

Lost Bradley, but have 2 guys competing for that job, and one used to start.

As far as expiring contracts....well thats why they draft youth at RB, will draft another QB you wait and see.

camp_eagles
08-09-2009, 01:32 AM
I wouldnt mind a trade for Tony Schffler right now. I think hes sunk down to number 3 on their depth chart behind Graham and the kid from UNC

Thumper
08-09-2009, 03:22 AM
It happens, teams always get the injury bug, but teams that have depth, can over come it.

Ingram would have been a great weapon, but he wasn't that start not much of a loss.

Yes, but not to the degree the Eagles are getting it. Other teams are being hit with the injury bug, we're getting smashed with it.

Ingram would've been fantastic to have and to say his impact would be limited because he isn't a starter isn't correct. Often times you will see teams running two TE sets and the second string TE gets significantly more time than other back-ups for other spots. Just look what Celek did last year as a back-up and now we're stuck with Matt Schobel as the back-up? We're screwed because Matt is awful and is a good for nothing piece of crap who does not deserve a pay check.

Also the biggest problem in this training camp is the offensive line. Chemistry is EXTREMELY important along the offensive line and this line has none going into the season. We have two new players and one player who is switching spots, chemistry is of the upmost importance right now. Shawn Andrews needs to actually go outside, Jason Peters needs to work hard to make up lost time and Stacy needs to get used to playing next to Jamaal Jackson. This offensive line needs to get it together quickly because the defensive lines of the NFC East are not forgiving and I personally do not want to see Peters being toasted off the edge by Ware and Osi because he isn't in shape, I don't want to see Big Albert Haynesworth, Rocky Bernard, Jay Ratliff, Chris Canty and Fred Robbins rip up Herramens, Jackson and Andrews because there is no chemistry and I do not want to see Shawn Andrews burned by Justin Tuck, Anthony Spencer and Brian Orakpo because he wasn't able to practice his new position. New? Yes, new. He played RT in college but the NFL is a different game and he hasn't played it for 5 years, so playing RT will be 'new' for him.

Honestly I am confident that DeSean Jackson is going to be fine, in fact this might even be for the best. How? An injury is never good. Well, he has been going 110 mph out there for a week and a half and 3-4 days of rest will do him well and not to mention this will get Jeremy Maclin more reps in practice which could help him make up for some lost time.

Trevor Laws needs to get into shape, he is kind of lost in all the excitement surrounding the team and other players. But, he was the first player drafted last year and he needs to pull it together. He will be playing a fairly large role as the third defensive tackle behind Bunkley and Patterson and quite frankly I don't want him to be out of shape because he offensive lines of the NFC East are not very forgiving either. He needs to get on the field and start playing because I am not OK with a veteran being 'injured' and missing the entire camp, that is just lazy and that is exactly what I don't want in a DT (Honestly? A very minor hamstring injury and you're out for nearly 2 weeks? Please.)

Please Abiamiri, please get healthy and stay that way because the Eagles need you. Parker is a scrub who is past his best playing days and should not be starting on any NFL team. He plays half of the season well and then he just wears down, he needs to be a situational guy and the only guy who should be starting ahead of him is Abiamiri because Clemons is strictly a situational guy.

And onto a misconception that I've seen made other places but not here yet:

Jack Ikegwuonu will be cut. Everyone was all over him calling him the next Al Harris but he is not, not even close. He gets a hand on guys and jams them at the line but he cannot keep up with them, he is getting burned all through camp by Eagles receivers, Jeremy Maclin completely destroyed him on his first day in camp. Ike has no recovery speed and his knee seems to have hindered him because it is fairly obvious that he is not what he was in college. Dimitri Patterson will be the 5th CB if there is one, he is a physical CB who can actually stick with his man for more than a few yards and is closer to Al Harris than Ike will ever be.

eaglesalltheway
08-10-2009, 07:06 AM
Yes, but not to the degree the Eagles are getting it. Other teams are being hit with the injury bug, we're getting smashed with it.

Ingram would've been fantastic to have and to say his impact would be limited because he isn't a starter isn't correct. Often times you will see teams running two TE sets and the second string TE gets significantly more time than other back-ups for other spots. Just look what Celek did last year as a back-up and now we're stuck with Matt Schobel as the back-up? We're screwed because Matt is awful and is a good for nothing piece of crap who does not deserve a pay check.

Also the biggest problem in this training camp is the offensive line. Chemistry is EXTREMELY important along the offensive line and this line has none going into the season. We have two new players and one player who is switching spots, chemistry is of the upmost importance right now. Shawn Andrews needs to actually go outside, Jason Peters needs to work hard to make up lost time and Stacy needs to get used to playing next to Jamaal Jackson. This offensive line needs to get it together quickly because the defensive lines of the NFC East are not forgiving and I personally do not want to see Peters being toasted off the edge by Ware and Osi because he isn't in shape, I don't want to see Big Albert Haynesworth, Rocky Bernard, Jay Ratliff, Chris Canty and Fred Robbins rip up Herramens, Jackson and Andrews because there is no chemistry and I do not want to see Shawn Andrews burned by Justin Tuck, Anthony Spencer and Brian Orakpo because he wasn't able to practice his new position. New? Yes, new. He played RT in college but the NFL is a different game and he hasn't played it for 5 years, so playing RT will be 'new' for him.

Honestly I am confident that DeSean Jackson is going to be fine, in fact this might even be for the best. How? An injury is never good. Well, he has been going 110 mph out there for a week and a half and 3-4 days of rest will do him well and not to mention this will get Jeremy Maclin more reps in practice which could help him make up for some lost time.

Trevor Laws needs to get into shape, he is kind of lost in all the excitement surrounding the team and other players. But, he was the first player drafted last year and he needs to pull it together. He will be playing a fairly large role as the third defensive tackle behind Bunkley and Patterson and quite frankly I don't want him to be out of shape because he offensive lines of the NFC East are not very forgiving either. He needs to get on the field and start playing because I am not OK with a veteran being 'injured' and missing the entire camp, that is just lazy and that is exactly what I don't want in a DT (Honestly? A very minor hamstring injury and you're out for nearly 2 weeks? Please.)

Please Abiamiri, please get healthy and stay that way because the Eagles need you. Parker is a scrub who is past his best playing days and should not be starting on any NFL team. He plays half of the season well and then he just wears down, he needs to be a situational guy and the only guy who should be starting ahead of him is Abiamiri because Clemons is strictly a situational guy.

And onto a misconception that I've seen made other places but not here yet:

Jack Ikegwuonu will be cut. Everyone was all over him calling him the next Al Harris but he is not, not even close. He gets a hand on guys and jams them at the line but he cannot keep up with them, he is getting burned all through camp by Eagles receivers, Jeremy Maclin completely destroyed him on his first day in camp. Ike has no recovery speed and his knee seems to have hindered him because it is fairly obvious that he is not what he was in college. Dimitri Patterson will be the 5th CB if there is one, he is a physical CB who can actually stick with his man for more than a few yards and is closer to Al Harris than Ike will ever be.

OK, first off, you need to put the brakes on the negativity train here...

We lost Dawk. Yes, emotional loss, really tough to replace his emotions with one person. Luckily we have lots of people who can do parts of what Dawk did for us, plus we get what is a boost at the position.

We lost JJ to cancer. It truly is sad, one of the worst days as an Eagle fan when he passed. But we have a perfectly capable replacement in McDermott who isn't going to just fall apart because JJ isn't there. He is a grown man who has had 10 years with the team. He knows what he is doing. He is unproven right now, that is all, but so were the rest of his coaches, and look where they are now...

Bradley's loss is tough. He is a great player in the middle, does everything for you in there. Mays, who seems to have the starting job, is an excellent run stuffer, this we know for sure. We lose very little if anything in the run stuffing department. Now coverage is where will be a weakness, and despite him coming out on most obvious passing downs, he will be in coverage on some plays, and that is a mismatch in opponent's favor. We don't have our guy calling the plays, and showing that leadership, but Mays can handle it, and Gaither as well when he is in for Nickel situations. We have capable replacements in there for him.

Ingram beign out is a different situation. I agree that I don't want to come in with Schobel as the #2 TE, but trading for Scheffler woudl serve almost no purpose for us. We would have very similar TEs in him and Celek, and Celek is better, but that would most likley have Sheffler calling for a starting spot. Not to mention the picks we'd have to give up for him. Schobel is a threat in our offense, as long as we get him the hell off the field on any play that requires him to block, lol. But right now, he stretches the field better than any of our TEs. Though I am not happy with him as the #2 TE, we will certainly not have any problems with the TE postion as a whole. Celek is doing real well in camp and looks like he will be making a ton of plays for us. Reid also didn't rule out putting Weaver in at TE in some occasions. It would work. Weaver really is a rare specimen, and can do it in spot situations if need be. If Celek woudl miss any major time, I would definitely be worried about our TE situation, but as it stands now, we are just fine, and have an above average starter (at least) at the position.

The O-line does worry me a little bit, for at least the beginning of the season. The talent is there for sure, but the chemistry is needed. Not so much chemistry, but familiarity with the guys going to battle with you. When you are familiar with the group around you, your group will work better. If we can get the starting OL together at any point in the preseason before the final week, I really don't feel like this will be a problem.

As for our injured players being out of shape... You mustn't be familiar with the way NFL teams prepare their players, and how those players keep in shape. Jason Peters was practicing Saturday afternoon with the rest of the OL for a while, then went back with the injured players. He will be OK, he is nowehre near out of shape. Trevor Laws and Victor Abiamiri are nowhere near out of shape. The only issue right now with these guys is "football shape". They haven't had real contact this year yet, but they are supposedly very close to comign back, and will get plenty of time getting used to the hitting before the season. You haven't had the opportunity to see theses guys since your out across the country, but you have ntohing to worry about in terms of our injured players being out of shape.

DeSean will be absolutely fine. Even at his young age, he has mastered the offense, and from a physical stnadpoint he is all there. As long as he is healed up, he will be fine. He'll be making plays all over the place.

As for Ike... Ike has been having a solid camp. He is a lot like Sheldon in terms of the fact that you don't see him much unless you make a consciensious note to watch him. And when you do, you come away impressed. He doesn't haul in many INTs, but neither does Sheldon. Like Sheldon he is on his man very tight and will not allow him to make plays. You gotta understand that on many of these drills that the defenders are getting burnt on, these drills are designed to get the offensive unit's timing and their familiarity with eachother down, while defenders keep going through the motions (basically). Asante got beat by Maclin as well... Does that mean he sucks and will be cut? Not necessarily, but it just might mean that Jeremy MAclin is pretty damn good. Ike will make the team as the 5th CB, I will gaurantee that because 1... he has had a good camp, 2... the rest of the competition at CB really drops off after him a lot, 3...the coaches are spending some more time with him to work on refining his game. Is he perfect right now? No...Hell no, but he is certainly very good and still has a buttload of potential.

Dmitri Patterson is garbage in comparison to the rest of these CBs. He could make a team, but most likely will be on a practice squad somehere if he is eligible. Trae Williams is better than him by a lot. There is a big dropoff from Ike to Trae, and then an even bigger dropoff from Trae to Dmitri. The fact that you think Dmitri Patterson over either of these two, especially Ike, is very strange to me. But since you haven't had the opportunity to watch these guys as much as I have, I guess I understand why you would think that, but I don't get it at all:), lol.

As for there never beign injuries like what we've had... askt he Seahawks fans about that. We are missing two players out of the year right now. The Seahawks lost their entire WR corp basically, as well as injuries to Hasselback and many other players. It happens, its part of the NFL, and the Eagles don't have it worse than every team in the history of the NFL or anything like that, not even close. (Not that that is what you are saying)

As for the future... As long as we have the same core group of people running this organization, the window will always be open, or at least attainable. We have a great young core of players throughout the team. We have our DTs, Bradley, Demps, (Mikell, to an extent), Herremans, Shawn, and Peters are relatively young as well. We have DeSean, Maclin, McCoy, Celek, and Ingram as well. I haven't totally given up on Kolb, but that time may be coming soon. This team will not be in a full rebuilding mode in the near future, even when Donovan and Westy leave, whenever that may be...

703SKINS202
08-10-2009, 12:14 PM
Cole And Kolb both had to be carted off today. According to pft Cole has a strained shoulder and Kolb has a sprained left knee. Apparently Kolb's injury is worse and will need to have a MRI.

B-Dawk
08-10-2009, 12:34 PM
with the kolb injury, would it be too far fetched to consider vick as a backup?

camp_eagles
08-10-2009, 12:49 PM
Cole And Kolb both had to be carted off today. According to pft Cole has a strained shoulder and Kolb has a sprained left knee. Apparently Kolb's injury is worse and will need to have a MRI.

Cole said it was just a bruise.

Sniper
08-10-2009, 03:02 PM
with the kolb injury, would it be too far fetched to consider vick as a backup?

Make it happen, Reid!

Triple option with Vick/Westbrook/McCoy =

4pXfHLUlZf4

Thumper
08-10-2009, 04:38 PM
The Eagles signed Matt Nagy not Mike Vick

Sniper
08-10-2009, 05:08 PM
The Eagles signed Matt Nagy not Mike Vick

Dumb. Really dumb.

bigbluedefense
08-10-2009, 07:10 PM

Unfortunately, his career may be done before it even started. The reason why he fell to the 5th round was because many teams' medical staffs felt that his ACL was not healed properly.

I guess its safe to say that may have been the case, for him to retear his ACL right after a couple of weeks of camp.

The guy was an amazing physical talent, and I felt that if he was able to stay healthy, he wouldve been an amazing steal, but at this point, I honestly think his career will either be over before it started, or he'll tease you guys for a couple of years before eventually getting the plug, Jerome McDougle style.

Celek is a beast though.

But at this point, I personally wouldn't hold out much hope for Ingram. Think about it, 2 ACL injuries on the same knee, 2 years in a row. I don't think I can ever recall any player who recovered from that kind of damage to become a beast in this league, if they even were able to play at all.

Sucks, I hate seeing injuries, even to division rivals.

Thumper
08-10-2009, 07:12 PM
Corell Buckhalter did it.

bigbluedefense
08-10-2009, 07:14 PM
Corell Buckhalter did it.

but how long did it take him to FINALLY get it together? and even then, he was never what he was supposed to be.

Ingram was gonna be a STUD. Oh yeah, i capitalized all those letters. Bc he was gonna be that. But I doubt he ever becomes that player anymore.

Sniper
08-11-2009, 07:07 PM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfceast/0-13-64/Camp-Confidential--Eagles-limping-home.html

Some fun tidbits...

Second-year receiver DeSean Jackson has been dominant in camp. The Eagles have a talented secondary, but not even All-Pro Asante Samuel has come close to covering Jackson.

I think Celek's on his way to becoming a big-time player. Very humble guy, but he showed up when the stakes were high last December and January. He also has been studying tape of Jason Witten to learn some pointers. I like that Celek takes a lot of pride in blocking too.

The signing of left tackle Jason Peters jump-started the Eagles' offseason. I watched him stone defensive ends on consecutive plays Monday. He's a pretty impressive-looking player.

Good article.

shady00
08-13-2009, 07:43 PM
You guys got Michael Vick

cunningham06
08-13-2009, 07:45 PM
The Vick option possibility is now a reality!

Sniper
08-13-2009, 07:46 PM
******* sweet!

Eaglez.Fan
08-13-2009, 07:56 PM
holy ****...

cunningham06
08-13-2009, 08:11 PM
Hopefully McNabb doesn't make waves about this signing like when we drafted Kolb.

Todd Bertuzzi
08-13-2009, 08:21 PM
Wow, was not expecting this, but it's good to have him on our side.

camp_eagles
08-13-2009, 09:19 PM
on the eagles web site alot of people are not happy with the move.

Also I love how the Eagles web site got rid of the chat option for the post game show.

eaglesalltheway
08-14-2009, 06:32 AM
Needless to say I was incredibly surprised by this move, and its cliche at this point pertaining to this situation, but I was shocked.

Completely ignoring his off-field past, my first instinct was to ask why the team felt they needed him. They don't, but as I thought more about it, the more I realized just how valuable he can be to our offense, and how much he can add different wrinkles to not only wildcat formations, but base offense sets as well. From a purely X's and O's standpoint, this could be a very great move, as long as Vick can get in football shape. Being in shape though is key...

From the personality stnadpoint, I am still skeptic. I am less skeptic due to a lot of the recent happenings in the situation, namely Goodell showing sonfidence in him, as well as Tony Dungy being involved, which I think is the biggest factor that is helping Vick right now. Having his seal of approval is one of the main thing that makes me much less skeptical about Vick becoming a problem. Listening to Reid and McNabb last night, they seemed confident in Vick as a person, which also makes me confident that Vick has turned things around. I want to see the presser this morning and see what Vick has to say so I can get a good idea of my feelings on him right now though.

The contract and the way it is set up is very interesting, and makes me believe a few things... The team wants to win now (within the next two years) and though the future still has a ton of incredibly talented players, the team feels they need to win now for these players that may not be around much longer. The team may still be set up to succeed in the future, beyond these 2 years, but the team obviously feels these 2 years are the best shot. With there being such an incredibly high increase from year one to year two, I don't think Vick will be around next year, especially if he hits incentives in the contract, it just seems like the team is set up to cut their ties after this season, though I could easily see them keep him next year if he performs well and stays well-behaved.

This may be the fastest offense in the history of the NFL. Think of all these incredibly fast options we have in our offense... DeSean, Maclin, Curtis, Westy, Shady, and now Vick. Keep in mind that Reggie Brown is pretty fast as well, and Leonard Weaver is fast as hell for a FB. But outside of Wildcat plays, imagine plays with Vick at QB with Westy and Shady in the backfield, as well as Curtis, Maclin, and DeSean in the WR positions. I can see it now, I'll be watching the Cowboys game and I'll be reading Wade Phillips mouth on TV saying "What the ***". And honestly, what is there to do? Not much, especially if the plays are executed properly.

I must say I have contained excitement right now. If he can come in and prove to be a good player and member of the society, which is very possible, I will love this move. It can easily go bad though, if Vick isn't ready to compete or if he has another transgression, the Eagles will see why this was such a risky move...

Also, does it piss anyone else off with all these people saying they now don't like the Eagles? It pisses me off for sure, becuase they aren't giving the guy a chance and all of what Vick seems to have earned from the situation. Good riddnace to them, glad they're gone, if thats how they truly feel.

eaglesalltheway
08-14-2009, 06:36 AM
One thing I noticed in the press conference last night when Andy and Donovan were talking, that I have been saying since TC started...

They seem like they expect Shady to be big. I've heard it all through the organization, and from a lot of the people broadcasting any Eagles information. I don't remember exactly what Donovan saiod, but what he said came off as him expecting Shady to be a big part of the offense, and he is already expecting great things from him. I have been that way since about a week after the Veterans showed up at Camp, and now it seems like the coach and QB are expecting these things as well. Great things should be expected from Shady, and he showed a glimpse of that last night...

camp_eagles
08-14-2009, 09:50 AM
We signed Vick last night but didnt something else happen last night too? Thats right it was the first preseason game as well. (Note I only saw up to midway through the third)

What I liked:
-Donovan's performance after the second drive.
-Everything Shady did
-Maclin Bouncing back from his muffed punt, Also his speed particularly on his first catch.
-Eldra Buckley performance even though I didnt see most of it but the stat sheet was good.
-The Olines Run Blocking.
-The use of a FB.

Not so much:
-First Team Olines Pass Pro specifically Peters.
-TE coverage was poor.
-The lack of pass rush.

brat316
08-14-2009, 10:49 AM
I saw Peters at the game....man is huge. And he got up field quick on that Jackson screen pass. But...he got blown by and gave up sacks. Derrick Burgess got a sack through him. I don't know if it was cause he was helping the LG out, or just doesn't know what is happening.?

I like Buckley he bounces off of tackles and pushes the pile. Maybe he'll get a little playing time with second and first string.

Defense....what the hell? Baker and Jack Ike always seemed to be out of position, or had a play happen right next to them.

Weaver is pretty damn fast for a big man like himself. I was surprised when they let him run the ball himself...and when they threw it to him from shotgun.

camp_eagles
08-14-2009, 11:06 AM
I saw Peters at the game....man is huge. And he got up field quick on that Jackson screen pass. But...he got blown by and gave up sacks. Derrick Burgess got a sack through him. I don't know if it was cause he was helping the LG out, or just doesn't know what is happening.?

I know I saw him in Buffalo a couple years back hes a mountain of a human. First I saw Lankston(sp?) Walker and thought man hes big then I saw Peters and he makes Walker look a little small.

D-Unit
08-14-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm not sure what to make of the Vick signing yet, but initial reaction was crap... another talent in the NFC East to have to account for.

As if Dallas' run defense didn't have enough problems. Trying to account for Vick too will be an added nightmare. He will eat us alive. :(

...if he's the same guy.

But at the same time, the way the local Philly fans are taking it, it's like somebody drove a bus into their garage. I was filling up gas last night and had the radio on SportingNews radio. There were Philly fans on talking about how crushed they were about the signing. This morning... more of the same. They just sounded so mad, some so frustrated, some confused... Makes me think that maybe the worst thing for you guys about this signing is the circus that is now spotlighted in Philly. Nothing personal, but Philly fans have big, loud mouths and they wear their anger on their sleeves for everyone to see and hear. They love it that America looks at them as hard asses. They love feeling disgusted. They love taking that disgust and putting it on the teams they cheer for. They will hound a hated player like none other. They will bash a hated coach like none other. No matter the sport. If Vick is not accepted by the fans, the fans will rip that team up. ...and it's not even about production on the field. TO produced and they still hated him. It was his antics that they were fed up with. So even if Vick does have some highlight plays here and there, I'm not so sure he'll be quickly forgiven.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe he'll be adored and accepted. But first things first... The circus is back in town in Philly and that is only a good thing for us NFC East rivals.

brat316
08-14-2009, 01:13 PM
Some fans love the idea of him being in philadelphia some don't. The ones taht really don't are the older fans. Sure as a person he may be bad, but Vick the player he is decent.

eaglesalltheway
08-14-2009, 01:20 PM

I like Buckley he bounces off of tackles and pushes the pile. Maybe he'll get a little playing time with second and first string.

Defense....what the hell? Baker and Jack Ike always seemed to be out of position, or had a play happen right next to them.

Weaver is pretty damn fast for a big man like himself. I was surprised when they let him run the ball himself...and when they threw it to him from shotgun.

From what I could tell, the first sack he just got beat around the edge by Seymor (?), and on the second one he missed an assignment. He was helping out Cole when he should have been worried about his man, a different man, in this case Burgess. (I didn't even realize that was Burgess actually)

Buckley looked good, as he has in camp. Outshone by Shady, but shining in his own right, kind of like a star next to the moon. The more I watch him, the more I like his chaznces of making the squad, especially if he can keep his hands like he had last night.

Baker getting beat doesn't really surprise me, he never really did much in camp from what I saw. Ike got beat by Moss on that deep out, and I saw it right from the beginning, I said to my dad right after the snap that is was going to Moss, and it did. I don't remember much more from him, but I hope I can go back and check out the game again if and when it comes back on.

Weaver beasting doesn't surprise me at all. Him running and receiving are what he is. I've said it before, but he is the Brian Westbrook of FBs...

eaglesalltheway
08-14-2009, 01:27 PM
I'm not sure what to make of the Vick signing yet, but initial reaction was crap... another talent in the NFC East to have to account for.

As if Dallas' run defense didn't have enough problems. Trying to account for Vick too will be an added nightmare. He will eat us alive. :(

...if he's the same guy.

But at the same time, the way the local Philly fans are taking it, it's like somebody drove a bus into their garage. I was filling up gas last night and had the radio on SportingNews radio. There were Philly fans on talking about how crushed they were about the signing. This morning... more of the same. They just sounded so mad, some so frustrated, some confused... Makes me think that maybe the worst thing for you guys about this signing is the circus that is now spotlighted in Philly. Nothing personal, but Philly fans have big, loud mouths and they wear their anger on their sleeves for everyone to see and hear. They love it that America looks at them as hard asses. They love feeling disgusted. They love taking that disgust and putting it on the teams they cheer for. They will hound a hated player like none other. They will bash a hated coach like none other. No matter the sport. If Vick is not accepted by the fans, the fans will rip that team up. ...and it's not even about production on the field. TO produced and they still hated him. It was his antics that they were fed up with. So even if Vick does have some highlight plays here and there, I'm not so sure he'll be quickly forgiven.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe he'll be adored and accepted. But first things first... The circus is back in town in Philly and that is only a good thing for us NFC East rivals.

I think you are overreacting as bit. When TO was here and playing well, he was loved, simple as that. When he started shooting off his mouth and became a problem, then the fans obvioulsy had a problem with him. As long as Vick isn't an A-hole and performs relatively well he will be just fine in Philly. There are the very few fans who have now abandoned the team because of this. Good riddance I say, our fan base is better off without those loud mouthed dickheads you speak of. A lot of fans like the move, some don't. Some will learn to like the move, and if Vick effs up, some will learn to hate the move, it is what it is. Those loud mouth fans you speak of are the minority, and they (here is the key thing) are too dumb to realize what they are doing, and most of it isn't forethought that they are going to put their disgust on the team. Once again, the few are what make the masses have a bad reputation. The Cowboys fans have a reputation as a whole for being ******** rednecks. Now I know for at least 95% of Cowboys fans that isn't the case, just like 95% of Eagles fans aren't loudmouth dickheads.

eaglesalltheway
08-14-2009, 01:43 PM
We signed Vick last night but didnt something else happen last night too? Thats right it was the first preseason game as well. (Note I only saw up to midway through the third)

What I liked:
-Donovan's performance after the second drive.
-Everything Shady did
-Maclin Bouncing back from his muffed punt, Also his speed particularly on his first catch.
-Eldra Buckley performance even though I didnt see most of it but the stat sheet was good.
-The Olines Run Blocking.
-The use of a FB.

Not so much:
-First Team Olines Pass Pro specifically Peters.
-TE coverage was poor.
-The lack of pass rush.

First off, I agree with all of these, just adding some things...

Shady is and will be a beast. I honestly expected this type of performance out of him. Expect him to get even better.

If you are going to say Donovan had a good night, you must say Feeley had a good night as well. It really is obvious his complete understanding of our offense, and it came as an advantage last evening.

I am slowly leaning toward Buckley making the team over Booker. He just brings something to the table that Booker doesn't when you couple them with the rest of the backfield...

Very impressed by run blocking, maybe Andy will think about this during the season...

Weaver is a freaking monster, blocking, running receiveing, and special teams, he does it all. Great personality and a great individual as well. Already a fan favorite, and will become one even more once he gets to play.

Marcus Mailai had a good night at FB as well, but he stuck oout mostly on ST coverage...

Avant is amazing, his one first down catch on that quick slant should be hung up somewhere to show just how good his hands are. That ball was fired in there, and he pulled that baby in with just his hands, with his arms fully extended.

No suprise to most of us, Joe Mays played well. This is very important for the team.

Moise Fokou played pretty well also. McDermott likes him and says he has a shot at making the team. He showed us why last night.

We saw a bit of what Demps is becoming last night. He locked down most of the secondary and came up on that short slant to Moss and made that shoestring tackle. He will be very good this season, this I am also sure of.

The run D was as good as ever, with the exception fo that 17 yard run when NE was pinned deep in the fourth quarter.

Pass blocking was iffy, but that is because these groups haven't had much time together, pass blocking is what suffers most when you have new guys playing with eachother. I have a feeling our pass protection at the beginning of the season may suffer as a result of our O-linemen not being able to play much together as a group, but by mid-season, they should be fine as long as they stay healthy.

Red Zone offense with the first team sputtered again. This is something we will need to watch...

Pass rush was lacking, but keep in mind we are missing key contributors to our DL right now. Also something to watch.

Was it just me, or was the officiating real sloppy last night? Not they they missed calls, I thought they got calls right, but the head ref seemed unsure at times, and got a lot of calls wrong, called a block in the back on Macho Harris that wasn't on him, the almost flag on Brandon Gibson, as well as the ref not knowing whether he should call some penatlies on offense or defense. I guess its the preseason for them too, they need to get better, lol.

eaglesalltheway
08-14-2009, 01:45 PM
With Vick's signing, I think this severely limits Brandon Gibson's chances of sticking with the team after Vick is able to come back, whenever that may be. Or would the team let go Feeley? Would they keep 9 OL instead of the usual 10? I'm not necessarily in favor of that, especially with the injuries to the OL right now, though none by themselves are serious. Would we keep 5 DEs instead of 6, or go with 3 DTs? This will be interesting to see how this pans out...

D-Unit
08-14-2009, 02:04 PM
I think you are overreacting as bit. When TO was here and playing well, he was loved, simple as that. When he started shooting off his mouth and became a problem, then the fans obvioulsy had a problem with him. As long as Vick isn't an A-hole and performs relatively well he will be just fine in Philly. There are the very few fans who have now abandoned the team because of this. Good riddance I say, our fan base is better off without those loud mouthed dickheads you speak of. A lot of fans like the move, some don't. Some will learn to like the move, and if Vick effs up, some will learn to hate the move, it is what it is. Those loud mouth fans you speak of are the minority, and they (here is the key thing) are too dumb to realize what they are doing, and most of it isn't forethought that they are going to put their disgust on the team. Once again, the few are what make the masses have a bad reputation. The Cowboys fans have a reputation as a whole for being ******** rednecks. Now I know for at least 95% of Cowboys fans that isn't the case, just like 95% of Eagles fans aren't loudmouth dickheads.
Haha. I actually do think 95% of Cowboys fans are rednecks!!! I see them in the stands or I see them here during the Pro Bowl and I do a face palm everytime. hahaha.

I don't think I'm overreacting though. I think the world of Michael Vick, the player. It's Michael Vick, the person that I worry about and the effect he'll have with the controlling Philly fans and their strong opinions. I think that the fans could make the situation worse than it needs to be... and the media circus that is there could also be a huge distraction. At some point, the other players/coaches on the team will be like.... let's get back to football.

I just hope for the Eagles sake, that Vick doesn't flip the bird to a fan anytime soon. Why would I believe that though... we're talking about a guy who went to a strip club the night before meeting with Goddell. He's a saint. ;) lol.

D-Unit
08-14-2009, 02:06 PM
First off, I agree with all of these, just adding some things...

Shady is and will be a beast. I honestly expected this type of performance out of him. Expect him to get even better.

If you are going to say Donovan had a good night, you must say Feeley had a good night as well. It really is obvious his complete understanding of our offense, and it came as an advantage last evening.

I am slowly leaning toward Buckley making the team over Booker. He just brings something to the table that Booker doesn't when you couple them with the rest of the backfield...

Very impressed by run blocking, maybe Andy will think about this during the season...

Weaver is a freaking monster, blocking, running receiveing, and special teams, he does it all. Great personality and a great individual as well. Already a fan favorite, and will become one even more once he gets to play.

Marcus Mailai had a good night at FB as well, but he stuck oout mostly on ST coverage...

Avant is amazing, his one first down catch on that quick slant should be hung up somewhere to show just how good his hands are. That ball was fired in there, and he pulled that baby in with just his hands, with his arms fully extended.

No suprise to most of us, Joe Mays played well. This is very important for the team.

Moise Fokou played pretty well also. McDermott likes him and says he has a shot at making the team. He showed us why last night.

We saw a bit of what Demps is becoming last night. He locked down most of the secondary and came up on that short slant to Moss and made that shoestring tackle. He will be very good this season, this I am also sure of.

The run D was as good as ever, with the exception fo that 17 yard run when NE was pinned deep in the fourth quarter.

Pass blocking was iffy, but that is because these groups haven't had much time together, pass blocking is what suffers most when you have new guys playing with eachother. I have a feeling our pass protection at the beginning of the season may suffer as a result of our O-linemen not being able to play much together as a group, but by mid-season, they should be fine as long as they stay healthy.

Red Zone offense with the first team sputtered again. This is something we will need to watch...

Pass rush was lacking, but keep in mind we are missing key contributors to our DL right now. Also something to watch.

Was it just me, or was the officiating real sloppy last night? Not they they missed calls, I thought they got calls right, but the head ref seemed unsure at times, and got a lot of calls wrong, called a block in the back on Macho Harris that wasn't on him, the almost flag on Brandon Gibson, as well as the ref not knowing whether he should call some penatlies on offense or defense. I guess its the preseason for them too, they need to get better, lol.
When I brought up Mays, I thought most of you were telling me that Gaither would be the man. *shrugs*

eaglesalltheway
08-14-2009, 02:10 PM
When I brought up Mays, I thought most of you were telling me that Gaither would be the man. *shrugs*

Incorrect sir...lol. I thought that the team may stick with Gaither initially due to his game experience, but I was at Training Camp the very next day and Mays was the starter. There never really was a question about him as an overall player though. As soon as I saw him with the 1st team D that day I knew he'd be fine...

Thumper
08-14-2009, 06:50 PM
This is some stuff that I noticed.

Jason Peters struggled, he did fantastic in the run game but he struggled in pass protection. He let up 2 sacks and he let Tully Banta-Cain and Myron Pryor beat him, not exactly the Wares and Tucks of the world. He looked rusty, and I think he can get better because he did show flashes and he showed he can get upfield really well for a guy of 340 pounds. However, this quad injury is really proving to be an issue.

Max Jean-Giles looks really good, I saw him throw Myron Pryor to the ground early in the second quarter and then he threw his 350+ pound body into him and pancaked him. No pressure came from up the middle and he did a nice job run blocking. I get the feeling that he will be starting a lot this coming season due to Shawn Andrew's injury. Stacy will move to RT and Jean-Giles will start at RG.

Nick Cole didn't do as hot, he is definitely better suited for RG and not LG and it was fairly obvious that he and Jason Peters on the same side is not going to work.

Winston Justice seems to have turned a corner, aside from a holding penalty he did really well and hopefully that can continue because Justice is a gifted player.

Jamaal Jackson did very well against Wilfork and really limited his impact.

Shady McCoy, wow. He is good, he found creases everywhere on the field and showcased good vision. Not to mention, that screen play was Westbrook -esque, he showed patience and let his blocks develop and he followed them for a 19 yard gain.

Lorenzo Booker does too much dancing and not enough running.

Leonard Weaver looked great, he did well on lead blocks, he caught the ball, he ran the ball and he even performed on special teams. He really showed that he is the best FB we've ever had in the Andy Reid era.

The Eagles run defense may just be the best in the NFL this year. They held Laurence Maroney to less than 2.5 yards per carry. Bunkley played great as usual and he is fantastic in the run game but the only time I saw him get pressure was when he walked a double team into the backfield, Mike Patterson looks MUCH better than last season, he got off the snap faster, he stuffed the runs and shot some gaps. Combine them with Joe Mays and you have the Minnesota Vikings V.2, two good defensive tackles and a downhill MLB. Joe Mays did a fantastic job of filling gaps and forcing runs outside.

The Eagles REALLY need Trent Cole, the defensive ends did not look good without him.

Akeem Jordan looked really bad, he was getting destroyed in coverage and he didn't have any impact in the run defense, Gaither better capitalize on this if he wants to start.

Moises Fokou is a stud.

Sheldon Brown looked GREAT, he broke up a pass early in the game and then he stayed stride for stride with Randy Moss to make the interception.

I'm not going to lie, Quintin Demps did not impress he was almost invisible when he was out there.

Thats pretty much what matters to me, AJ Feely, Buckley and the rookies all did well for themselves.

Thumper
08-14-2009, 07:40 PM
It should be noted that Jeremy Maclin racked up a grand total of 143 all purpose yards last night and he should've had more. He should've had 60 more yards, he had a 24 yard punt return called back and he had a sure 36 yard TD pass but there was defensive interference.

That is an impressive debut.

eaglesalltheway
08-15-2009, 09:23 AM
This is some stuff that I noticed.

Jason Peters struggled, he did fantastic in the run game but he struggled in pass protection. He let up 2 sacks and he let Tully Banta-Cain and Myron Pryor beat him, not exactly the Wares and Tucks of the world. He looked rusty, and I think he can get better because he did show flashes and he showed he can get upfield really well for a guy of 340 pounds. However, this quad injury is really proving to be an issue.

Max Jean-Giles looks really good, I saw him throw Myron Pryor to the ground early in the second quarter and then he threw his 350+ pound body into him and pancaked him. No pressure came from up the middle and he did a nice job run blocking. I get the feeling that he will be starting a lot this coming season due to Shawn Andrew's injury. Stacy will move to RT and Jean-Giles will start at RG.

Nick Cole didn't do as hot, he is definitely better suited for RG and not LG and it was fairly obvious that he and Jason Peters on the same side is not going to work.

Winston Justice seems to have turned a corner, aside from a holding penalty he did really well and hopefully that can continue because Justice is a gifted player.

Jamaal Jackson did very well against Wilfork and really limited his impact.

Shady McCoy, wow. He is good, he found creases everywhere on the field and showcased good vision. Not to mention, that screen play was Westbrook -esque, he showed patience and let his blocks develop and he followed them for a 19 yard gain.

Lorenzo Booker does too much dancing and not enough running.

Leonard Weaver looked great, he did well on lead blocks, he caught the ball, he ran the ball and he even performed on special teams. He really showed that he is the best FB we've ever had in the Andy Reid era.

The Eagles run defense may just be the best in the NFL this year. They held Laurence Maroney to less than 2.5 yards per carry. Bunkley played great as usual and he is fantastic in the run game but the only time I saw him get pressure was when he walked a double team into the backfield, Mike Patterson looks MUCH better than last season, he got off the snap faster, he stuffed the runs and shot some gaps. Combine them with Joe Mays and you have the Minnesota Vikings V.2, two good defensive tackles and a downhill MLB. Joe Mays did a fantastic job of filling gaps and forcing runs outside.

The Eagles REALLY need Trent Cole, the defensive ends did not look good without him.

Akeem Jordan looked really bad, he was getting destroyed in coverage and he didn't have any impact in the run defense, Gaither better capitalize on this if he wants to start.

Moises Fokou is a stud.

Sheldon Brown looked GREAT, he broke up a pass early in the game and then he stayed stride for stride with Randy Moss to make the interception.

I'm not going to lie, Quintin Demps did not impress he was almost invisible when he was out there.

Thats pretty much what matters to me, AJ Feely, Buckley and the rookies all did well for themselves.

I agree with pretty much all of this except about Quentin Demps. He was back n coverage a lot, as he should be, and limitted the deep pass a lot when he was in, and he came up in run support a few times, as well as that tackle on Moss that I mentioned before. I am n ot worried about him at all.

I could also nitpick and say that Fokou isn't a stud, but he does look very, very solid.

superman8456
08-15-2009, 11:40 AM
I look at the Michael Vick signing as getting rid of AJ Feeley and having some really good QB depth. I have no idea how they're going to use him, but if I think about it enough I would go crazy with all the formations, etc.

Jeremy Maclin wasnt that impressive in the return game. I expected a little bit more than the muffed punt return and average kick returns. He did do well catching, but I think he is going to be featured more returning this year and he will need to get better at that.

Our oline needs Todd Herremans and Shawn Andrews back, and I wont judge them until we at least have Todd back. I think our starting oline without Shawn would be from left to right: Peters, either Max or Stacy, Jackson, either Max or Stacy, and Todd.

vikes_28
08-15-2009, 03:24 PM
what do you guys think of Vick? I'm intrigued.

Thumper
08-15-2009, 03:52 PM
EATW, I just wanted Demps to show a little bit more out there, and I probably was a bit generous with the word stud.

And as for Vick, he looks MUCH bigger and he has obviously lifted a lot of weights. And on the Eagles website there are pictures of him practicing, two of which show Vick lined up wide, catching a ball from McNabb and the rest are him throwing the ball. Trickery!

Could you imagine Vick lined up wide, the Eagles run what looks like a screen play to him, he gets the ball the defense runs towards him and he makes a deep throw to DeSean? Wow, I can't wait.

Also the Eagles cut Byron Parker to make room for Vick.

And in news that I absolutely love, the Eagles cleared Abiamiri, Laws and Westbrook for practice. Yes, hopefully Abiamiri can do better than Parker and show that he deserves the starting job he got.

superman8456
08-15-2009, 05:34 PM
When is Shawn gonna come back?

I think we should consider trading him if he keeps up his injury prone ways.

Thumper
08-15-2009, 05:38 PM

No, I am not a huge Shawn Andrews fan but when he is healthy he is one of the best offensive linemen in the NFL. Granted, he hardly ever is healthy but still... Great talent when he is healthy.

superman8456
08-15-2009, 05:43 PM
No, I am not a huge Shawn Andrews fan but when he is healthy he is one of the best offensive linemen in the NFL. Granted, he hardly ever is healthy but still... Great talent when he is healthy.

I agree that he has great talent, but its never used because he is always injured. Even right now, he cant seem to stay healthy. If he cant get through this season, I hope we get something of value before he has no value. Its not like we dont have good depth at our oline.

eaglesalltheway
08-16-2009, 09:43 AM
EATW, I just wanted Demps to show a little bit more out there, and I probably was a bit generous with the word stud.

And as for Vick, he looks MUCH bigger and he has obviously lifted a lot of weights. And on the Eagles website there are pictures of him practicing, two of which show Vick lined up wide, catching a ball from McNabb and the rest are him throwing the ball. Trickery!

Could you imagine Vick lined up wide, the Eagles run what looks like a screen play to him, he gets the ball the defense runs towards him and he makes a deep throw to DeSean? Wow, I can't wait.

Also the Eagles cut Byron Parker to make room for Vick.

And in news that I absolutely love, the Eagles cleared Abiamiri, Laws and Westbrook for practice. Yes, hopefully Abiamiri can do better than Parker and show that he deserves the starting job he got.

Keep in mind Demps' style and the team we were up against. We were up against a team known for the prolific passing attack, which put him in coverage a lot. Now we don't have the camera angles to confirm it, but throughout those pass plays, which made up a good amount of NewEngland's offense, we didn't hear at all from Demps. That is a good thing, meaning he had taken care of his responsibility in coverage. He also came up and made that tackle on Randy Moss, who was far away from his responsibility, but he came up and made the play anyway due to his range. He also was up in the action on the run plays. If there would have been a missed tackle by one of our front 7 guys, Demps was in position to make a play afterwards, but since there were very few missed tackles, we didn't see him make many, if any tackles, in the run game. But he was there, which is important, and from what I've seen of him at TC, he can and will make those plays. Don't worry about the lax use of "Stud", its just something I wanted to point out...

I am real excited about Vick's role(s) in the offense. I truly can't wait. He really can be used almost anywhere due to his versatility. I don't want to get too excited yet, I want to see him on the field. I'm not surprised about Parker being let go, he wasn't having the best camp in comparison to our other DBs.

Getting those guys back is big. I really wish we could at least have gotten Laws and Abiamiri back before TC was over, but I believe Abiamiri will be great, and Laws showed a lot last year. Two more guys I can't wait to watch play.

No, we shouldn't trade Shawn, and we most likely wouldn't anyway. He is one of the most dominating O-Linemen in the league when he is playing. He missed a lot of time last year and is missing time now, so his injury situation is getting over-analyzed. If he would miss a lot of time this season, it woudl realkly bother me, but with the team bringing in Stacey, that should symbolize that these two will be playing together in the near future for the team.

I agree that he has great talent, but its never used because he is always injured. Even right now, he cant seem to stay healthy. If he cant get through this season, I hope we get something of value before he has no value. Its not like we dont have good depth at our oline.

See above...

eaglesalltheway
08-16-2009, 09:47 AM
I look at the Michael Vick signing as getting rid of AJ Feeley and having some really good QB depth. I have no idea how they're going to use him, but if I think about it enough I would go crazy with all the formations, etc.

Jeremy Maclin wasnt that impressive in the return game. I expected a little bit more than the muffed punt return and average kick returns. He did do well catching, but I think he is going to be featured more returning this year and he will need to get better at that.

Our oline needs Todd Herremans and Shawn Andrews back, and I wont judge them until we at least have Todd back. I think our starting oline without Shawn would be from left to right: Peters, either Max or Stacy, Jackson, either Max or Stacy, and Todd.

I see the team getting Vick as Feeley being the most likely one gone. I need to go through and make a roster just to see how this would shake up, because I could also see this as the team keeping less WRs than in recent years as well, or less O-linemen, or DEs. It could go a bunch of different ways.

Maclin will need to improve his return abilities a bit. He was nervous last game, so that plays a role in it, but it seemed once he calmed down, he was able to do what we expected of him. Its nothing I am all too worried about right now.

I agree we can't truly evaluate our OL when three out of 5 of our starters weren't playing. We really need to see what we have with ALL of them in there. But with the depth we have, it really is nice to know if someone goes down, we have almost as good of a player to fill in for them, if not just as good.

Sniper
08-16-2009, 09:50 AM
Keep in mind Demps' style and the team we were up against. We were up against a team known for the prolific passing attack, which put him in coverage a lot. Now we don't have the camera angles to confirm it, but throughout those pass plays, which made up a good amount of NewEngland's offense, we didn't hear at all from Demps. That is a good thing, meaning he had taken care of his responsibility in coverage.

It's he same reason why some people say Taylor Mays sucks. If the deep cover safety isn't heard from, it's good. Take it from someone who's watched Stevie Brown play the deep safety. You always see him...problem is that he's always chasing receivers.

Also, trading Shawn Andrews is an idea that's full of fail.

eaglesalltheway
08-16-2009, 10:02 AM
It's he same reason why some people say Taylor Mays sucks. If the deep cover safety isn't heard from, it's good. Take it from someone who's watched Stevie Brown play the deep safety. You always see him...problem is that he's always chasing receivers.

Also, trading Shawn Andrews is an idea that's full of fail.

I knew it was going to be mentioned sooner or later, I didn't want to be the one to mention it though, lol. Demps' role is a little different than that of Mays though, as Demps was at the line of scrimmage a lot during TC. But against the Pats I think the team decided to keep him closer to that of the Deep Safety due to the Pats passing attack.

Thumper
08-16-2009, 03:57 PM
I never noticed Demps aside from his tackle of Randy Moss. Now I realize he was probably in coverage but there were a few runs that were cut back to the outside since the middle was impenetrable and I never saw him make a tackle on those plays. And as to the deep coverage, where was he? On two deep throws to Randy Moss he was not there, when they targeted Asante on Moss, Mikell was in deep coverage and was the closest safety to the play and on the Sheldon Brown interception Brown was in one on one coverage with no over the top help.

I just want to see more, that is all and I hope that I can against Indianapolis and Jacksonville in the next 2 weeks.

Thumper
08-16-2009, 04:09 PM
Also, I really like the fact that he is going through QB school right now. Every practice he stays after and works with the coaches, but what I like more is the receiver staying out there with him... None other than Jeremy Maclin. Jeremy has stayed out and worked with him the past two days and I think that is good for both players. This will be really good for Vick IMO because he was never a true QB and the Eagles are telling him not to run, instead they're focusing on footwork and timing, some coaching he never really got in Atlanta.

Also the extra work for Maclin is extremely helpful IMO because while Maclin certainly showed he has the skills, he looks like he needs a bit more polish on offense because all of the plays that he made on Thursday were obviously focused on him, a screen pass, a fly route and something else that is slipping my memory, nothing that he didn't do in college.

Also Maclin and Jackson seem to be developing quite the rapport with Vick. I read that he completed at least three 45+ yard passes to Maclin yesterday and he completed a long bomb to DeSean Jackson. Maclin is staying after practice and DeSean Jackson spent a bunch of time talking to him today and later said this:

"It's a blessing to be on the same offense. We've got a lot of firepower. It's crazy."

Jackson said Vick still has that natural ability that once made him one of the premier quarterbacks in the game. He especially likes the way he delivers the football.

"There's just something about that left-hand release. It's just like he flicks it," Jackson said. "He's got a real nice touch on his ball."

The signing looks better and better every day IMO.

Thumper
08-16-2009, 08:54 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TWeUiS6ZFkY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TWeUiS6ZFkY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sniper
08-17-2009, 11:58 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/17/mcnabb-says-he-wants-plaxico-too/

As it turns out, Mike Vick wasn't the only NFL wayward soul whom Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb (supposedly) wanted to bring to Philly.

McNabb also said during a Monday press conference that he has suggested pursuing receiver Plaxico Burress.

"I don't think it would hurt," McNabb said.

Burress currently is a free agent, but he reportedly will face a stiff suspension if/when a team signs him.

The bigger problem is that Burress has been indicted on felony weapons charges, and that he still might go to trial on those charges before the end of the 2009 football season.

Maybe we can sign O.J to be our running back, too.

eaglesalltheway
08-17-2009, 01:04 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/17/mcnabb-says-he-wants-plaxico-too/

Maybe we can sign O.J to be our running back, too.

Well I think it is pretty obvious that neither parties woudl want this at this point, thank god.

Thumper
08-17-2009, 01:27 PM
Eagles Patriots game rewind

http://www.igglesblog.com/iggles_blog/2009/08/patriots-video-rewind-1.html#more

Really good stuff IMO.

eaglesalltheway
08-17-2009, 02:51 PM
Eagles Patriots game rewind

http://www.igglesblog.com/iggles_blog/2009/08/patriots-video-rewind-1.html#more

Really good stuff IMO.

Some great points in there, I agree, seems to be what I was noticing as well, particularly with his points about the O-line and pass pro, how it was more of a problem with cohesiveness than ability.

Thumper
08-18-2009, 12:01 AM
http://www.gcobb.com/index.php/EAGLES-NEWS/OFFENSIVE-LINE/Andrews-Goes-To-Cali.-To-Check-Out-His-Back.html

Shawn Andrews is going back to the surgeon who did his surgery early in the season last year to get his back checked out. Not a good sign and quite frankly I wouldn't be one bit surprised if we saw a headline within the next 2-3 days that Shawn Andrews will miss the season. Not good, especially considering it is his back. Back surgeries are very risky and often times players don't ever make a full recovery. I might be jumping the gun but, if Shawn's back does not check out and he gets another surgery I wouldn't be surprised if he retired.

Now before you jump all over me, just listen. Like I said back surgeries are extremely tricky, especially for someone of Shawn's size where a lot of strain is constantly on his back. But my main reasons to believe this are these quotes:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/14/sports/football/14eagles.html

Having broken his right fibula in his rookie season and having missed most of last season with a back injury, Andrews said he worried that physical impairment from football might restrict him in the future from playing with his son. He will discourage JaShawn from participating in the sport, he said.

“All the physical anguish I’ve been through, the thought of not being able to get up and play with my son, that really keeps my mind going every day,” Andrews said.

He sees some of his teammates dropping items and struggling to bend and pick them up.

“I don’t want to live like that,” Andrews said.

Sorry, but I don't care what people say but family and physical health is more important than football any day of the week. Shawn obviously does not love the game (he feels as if he was forced into the game because he was big) and he loves his son and I don't think Shawn will stick around to re-injure his back. Because injuring your back might be the quickest way to not being able to play with your son or pick up your bags.

Lets all just hope that everything checks out because I don't feel like any good will come of this situation if he has to get another surgery.

Thumper
08-18-2009, 12:03 AM
Some great points in there, I agree, seems to be what I was noticing as well, particularly with his points about the O-line and pass pro, how it was more of a problem with cohesiveness than ability.

That is IMO the best Eagles blog from a football knowledge stand point, they do this after every game and it is very helpful. I would suggest reading that blog because they always do a fantastic job.

brat316
08-18-2009, 09:26 AM
Andrews might as well stop playing and loose major weight, if he really feels like that.

Brothgar
08-18-2009, 09:38 AM
How is Max Jean Gillis doing? I was a huge fan of his when he came out is he starting with Andrews hurt?

Thumper
08-18-2009, 11:24 AM
Max Jean-Giles is a starting caliber guard IMO, in fact a I think a high caliber starting guard. He doesn't allow pressure up the middle and he does a good job in run blocking. The only reason he isn't/wasn't starting is because of Shawn Andrews.

camp_eagles
08-18-2009, 12:07 PM
Eagles signed Brandon Harrison and released Rashard Baker.

bigbluedefense
08-18-2009, 12:09 PM
You'll be fine at Guard if Shawn is a no go, but I like the prospect of Tuck going against Stacy at RT if it comes down to that.

Shawn would beast it at RT, but I don't think too highly of Stacy as a RT.

Unless you move Heremans to RT, and Giles to LG.

Even then though, I like Tuck on Heremans.

Sniper
08-18-2009, 12:33 PM
Eagles signed Brandon Harrison and released Rashard Baker.

Harrison hits hard and is DESTROYER OF SCREENS, but he doesn't offer much else.