PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Eagles Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

D-Unit
08-18-2009, 04:44 PM
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1760248#post1760248

Thumper
08-18-2009, 05:19 PM
http://www.gcobb.com/index.php/EAGLES-NEWS/GENERAL-NEWS/Good-News-On-Shawn-Andrews.html

Well my fear has been proven wrong. Shawn Andrew's back checked out in California, no second surgery is needed. There is no structural damage, it is just a muscle issue so he should IMO be on the field at some point this season.

eaglesalltheway
08-18-2009, 05:33 PM
That is great news about Shawn, hopefully he can come back and prove to be the top notch O-Linemen that he is.

D-Unit
08-18-2009, 06:06 PM
Head Spin: Brandon Marshall in the NFC East
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1760338#post1760338

Thumper
08-18-2009, 06:18 PM
Will Warrick Dunn be an Eagle?

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/08/18/dunn-weighing-options-on-return-to-nfl/

Kind of odd... Brian Westbrook is just activated, Shady McCoy had a fantastic game and they're going to add Dunn? Stranger things have happened though *cough Michael Vick cough*

superman8456
08-18-2009, 07:41 PM
Why Dunn when there is Edgerrin?

D-Unit
08-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Why Dunn when there is Edgerrin?
I think Edgerrin is completely broke. Dunn always played above expectation and was tough as nails.

eaglesalltheway
08-19-2009, 12:01 PM
Will Warrick Dunn be an Eagle?

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/08/18/dunn-weighing-options-on-return-to-nfl/

Kind of odd... Brian Westbrook is just activated, Shady McCoy had a fantastic game and they're going to add Dunn? Stranger things have happened though *cough Michael Vick cough*

Ehh, I wouldn't be totally surprised, but I am not expecting this move at all. I would be in favor of it though. Dunn is one of the better professionals in the league, if not the best, and would certainly make some impact with us, as he fits what we want out of our RBs pretty well.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-20-2009, 09:56 AM
Did you guys ever have a WR last name Hess? Mike Hess or something like that? Played with Randal C. back in the day.. If so, was he good?

Thumper
08-20-2009, 07:35 PM
The entire team does not look good tonight from what I can tell. Just bad fundamentals, they aren't tackling, aren't getting the plays right and they just getting out played all around.

Smoke14
08-20-2009, 07:42 PM
Browns fan here. What are everyone's thoughts on Chris Gocong? How is he against the run? and do you guys see him leaving Philadelphia in free agency after this year? Just curious as we need a run stopping 34 OLB and all we have is a bunch of pass rushers.

Thumper
08-20-2009, 11:47 PM
Chris is the best linebacker the Eagles have. He is a great run stuffer but he hasn't really had the opportunity to rush the passer much. He will be lining up as the 5th DE in some sets this year. He will not hit FA IMO because he is the Eagles best linebacker. The only way I see the Eagles letting him go is if Joe Mays lights it up this year and forces Stewart Bradley back to SLB, and even then I still like him more than Bradley.

He is an athletic freak, his workout numbers rival those of Shawne Merriman.

Thumper
08-21-2009, 01:56 AM
Wow, that was an awful performance for just about everyone. The Eagles were just outmatched and it was obvious. Honestly, I can't even blame that on injuries, we looked like the damn Lions out there tonight.

Some guys had good nights like Jason Babin, Bunkley, Demps, DeSean Jackson, Rob Meyers, Brandon Gibson and that QB from Temple. But aside from that, garbage. Absolute garbage.

Then to add on to the ****, Leonard Weaver injured his knee and it is rumored to be serious. Like WTF? Does god hate the Eagles? What the hell did he do to deserve such crappy karma?

The offensive line was manhandled ALL NIGHT. It was atrocious. The interior of the line was just getting destroyed all night, no push in the run and constant penetration is pass protection, it was pathetic. In all honesty Winston Justice played the best and when that is the case you know things are VERY bad. Nick Cole was abused yet again and he REALLY needs to move back to RG where he was at least decent. King Dunlap did better than expected, but he was still beat by Dwight Freeney.

LeSean McCoy looked like a completely different player out there tonight. He wasn't getting yards up the middle and he dropped a couple balls. Not what I wanted to see from him at all.

WTF was Asante Samuel doing out there? Because he sure as hell wasn't doing his job. He was owned all night and it wasn't funny and I REALLY hope his first two pre-season games are not a sign of what's to come because if it is we're screwed.

Ellis Hobbs is garbage. Seriously we traded 2 5ths for this douche? What the hell? His metrics suck, he makes no plays, on every drive he leaves with some kind of injury and I've never seen a receiver more wide open than when he played Reggie Wayne. Awful, the only thing he is good at is returning kicks. Phillip Rivers was right when he called him the worst starting corner in the NFL.

The offense just ripped the defense to shreds. All of the linebackers struggled in coverage and none of them were a factor against the run.

TACKLE! Holy **** guys, wrap the ball carrier up. SOO many bad tackles.

Victor Abiamiri did nothing off the edge tonight, nothing. Granted it was his first action but still, he needs to step up.

Jeremy Maclin didn't look very good, he dropped passes and looked afraid of being hit.

Lorenzo Booker and Kyle Eckel look like dog crap out there and are about as useful.

And what the hell is Andy Reid doing? He ran the ball against NE and then he comes out against Indy and he throws the ball 49 times and runs the ball 17 times?

The Eagles better get their **** together and get it together fast.

Thumper
08-21-2009, 02:02 AM
Leonard Weaver sprained his MCL, not great news but better than what I expected. It should keep him out of the next two games at least IMO. Kevin Kolb has the same injury I think.

HEISMANHERSCHEL
08-21-2009, 03:19 AM
I have been away for a while, but I have to weigh in on Michael Vick.

I can't beleive people are upset with his signing. The contract he got was great for the eagles. They are paying him nothing, and he has a lot of potential. And I don't think he has been in that much trouble. Yea, I know the dog fighting thing. But I still think that was a little bit of a screw job. I mean, really? 2 years for dog fighting? Stallworth got thirty days, and he killed someone. That seems worse to me that fighting dogs. I know I maybe in the minority on this, but is dog fighting worse than killing someone? Not where I come from.

I am a Cowboy fan, and always will be. That makes me an Eagle hater. But I will be cheering for Michael Vick. I hope he comes out and makes a difference. I have even thought about buying a Michael Vick jersey. That would make my fellow Cowboy fans crazy, but I really think he got screwed.

I heard Philly fans were mad about his signing. But pro football is a business. How could you have not signed him for that deal? Okay, he fought dogs. Did he not pay his debt to society? I would say he did. He gave up two years in the prime of his life.

Go Eagles!?!?!?!?!?!?]

I can't beleive I just said that.

BamaFalcon59
08-21-2009, 06:49 AM
I heard my boy Macho Harris has done pretty well. Good hitting, aggressive player at FS. Sounds about right.

Sniper
08-21-2009, 09:44 AM
The Eagles better get their **** together and get it together fast.

I can tell you're going to be fun to deal with after a real loss.

eaglesalltheway
08-21-2009, 03:36 PM
I heard my boy Macho Harris has done pretty well. Good hitting, aggressive player at FS. Sounds about right.

He's had good moments and bad, much like our entire secondary except for Sheldon.

Todd Bertuzzi
08-21-2009, 04:52 PM
Bradley>>>Gocong

Smoke14
08-21-2009, 05:24 PM
Bradley>>>Gocong

So will Philadelphia let Gocong hit the open market or no?

Sniper
08-21-2009, 05:28 PM
So will Philadelphia let Gocong hit the open market or no?

Not sure. The Eagles don't really place much value on the LB spots, so it is possible. It will depend on how he plays this year. I've always felt that'd be dynamite in a 3-4.

Thumper
08-21-2009, 06:56 PM
According to Jason La Canfora the Eagles have worked out former Cowboy's TE Tony Curtis and he will be signed pending a physical.

Thumper
08-22-2009, 12:12 AM
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/cover-3/2009/cover-3-first-shall-be-first

They seem really high on Jeremy Maclin after the Eagles v.s. Patriots game, I was as well because he looked good returning kicks and receiving, but last night was really quite the opposite. But I'll just show you what Footballs outsiders said about his first game.

If you count the pass interference penalty (and I certainly would -- Maclin had the touchdown unless he dropped the pass and Butler was just trying to prevent it), Maclin had three catches for 73 yards. Most of the yardage on his two actual receptions came after the catch. Through the preseason, I'd expect the Eagles to work him in with routes he finds familiar -- short stuff inside and downfield plays to break coverage. From what I've seen so far, Jeremy Maclin might be the threat McNabb's been waiting for.

I'm not ready to say he is the weapon McNabb has been waiting for, but he has the potential. The first night he had the jitters at first but he shook them off, but he was not able to do that yesterday. Yesterday he looked as if he was thinking too much and it looked like he was afraid of being hit.

Todd Bertuzzi
08-22-2009, 02:42 PM
Edit: my bad double post

Todd Bertuzzi
08-22-2009, 02:43 PM
Vick to make his Eagles debut Thursday vs. Jacksonville!

BamaFalcon59
08-22-2009, 02:51 PM
Woooooooooooooh.

Any more practice reports?

eaglesalltheway
08-24-2009, 04:49 PM
Well I have heard sporadic news that has a majority of our players practicing, at least in non-contact drills, so that is great news.

A friend and I are going to the Jags game Thursday, got seats for 30 bucks each and we're going to enjoy that for sure. I can't wait, I've never been to the Linc before, so this is going to be an awesome experience for me.

u8pp
08-26-2009, 02:32 PM
Anyone watch the preseason game between the Ravens and Jets? LJ Smith missed about 5 or 6 blocks in a row and dropped a gimmie on 3rd down. He might be the worst position player in football.

brat316
08-26-2009, 03:11 PM
For those of you who think Dave is a homer...well he is, but I think he was able to contain himself about Vick. He was on the radio a day or 2 ago, talking about Vick. He was saying that yeah all the reports say he looks good, but that in non contact drills, and drills that aren't going game speed. He said I wouldn't be surprised if he does not fair to good, even though the reports say he is doing good.

Then I thought about, was like yeah all of the major contact drills ended when 2 a days were done, and then Vick signed, he should have signed earlier but he was smart enough to skip 2 a days.

Also lets have a moment of silence for Adam Dimichele getting cut...here he comes PS.

eaglesalltheway
08-26-2009, 04:16 PM
For those of you who think Dave is a homer...well he is, but I think he was able to contain himself about Vick. He was on the radio a day or 2 ago, talking about Vick. He was saying that yeah all the reports say he looks good, but that in non contact drills, and drills that aren't going game speed. He said I wouldn't be surprised if he does not fair to good, even though the reports say he is doing good.

Then I thought about, was like yeah all of the major contact drills ended when 2 a days were done, and then Vick signed, he should have signed earlier but he was smart enough to skip 2 a days.

Also lets have a moment of silence for Adam Dimichele getting cut...here he comes PS.

Agreed, about Dave, he is a raging homer, but its what he is paid to do. If the people who hate on him all the time meet him in person when he doesn't have to talk up players, he tells you point blank who is garbage, and then why. I gained some respect for him at camp, but he lost a lot of it again during the preseason game with that hat, lol.

And DiMichelle won't make it on the PS. Did anyone see his throws? They are flat out trash, he has no zip on the ball, wierd throwing motion, and he can barely throw a spiral. I was going to comment on Thumper saying he looked pretty good, but it isn't really worth it for a guy who had no legitmate shot at making the team. DiMichelle does not have a career in the NFL, in any capacity.

BamaFalcon59
08-26-2009, 05:24 PM
I doubt Vick looks too great tomorrow, but is anybody expecting that? He hasn't played football in two years.

eaglesalltheway
08-26-2009, 05:34 PM
I doubt Vick looks too great tomorrow, but is anybody expecting that? He hasn't played football in two years.

Its wierd, I've been thinking to myself that this is kind of like a player coming back from major surgery. People covering the teams will make a big deal out of a guy missing two seasons with injury, but it seems this is getting some kind of extra attention. (obvioulsy) I kind of expect it to be a game where a player is returning from extended time missed due to injury...

I'm not expecting great things now, but we will definitely see glimpses I feel.

Bucs_Rule
08-28-2009, 08:23 PM
His only real throw was a good one with lots of zing. He ran once, it was too short to see anything as he slid before defenders nailed him.

superman8456
08-28-2009, 08:48 PM
I'm getting extremely nervous about our defense. No one has really shown anything in preseason games besides Asante, Mikell, and Sheldon.

D-Unit
08-29-2009, 01:40 PM
Came across this on youtube...

Say what you want, but you guys loved him...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzhUi-7U-Ho&feature=related

BamaFalcon59
08-29-2009, 02:10 PM
I'm getting extremely nervous about our defense. No one has really shown anything in preseason games besides Asante, Mikell, and Sheldon.

Watching the game the other night, the commentators mentioned competition at FS between Quentin Demps and Macho Harris.

Any thought on the odds of Macho becoming the starter by season's end?

superman8456
08-29-2009, 03:38 PM
Watching the game the other night, the commentators mentioned competition at FS between Quentin Demps and Macho Harris.

Any thought on the odds of Macho becoming the starter by season's end?

I really doubt it. Macho still needs consistency above all else and Demps has been consistently alright.

BamaFalcon59
08-29-2009, 04:33 PM
I really doubt it. Macho still needs consistency above all else and Demps has been consistently alright.

Always been his problem.

He'll find a way to get PT, though.

brat316
08-29-2009, 07:45 PM
I was hoping Sean Jones would show something, but so far he has be ehh.

Thumper
08-29-2009, 10:02 PM
I'm really liking how everyone is pulling it together at the right time.

Shawn Andrews is practicing, Trent Cole is back, Stacy Andrews, Brian Westbrook, Jason Peters, Brent Celek, Kevin Kolb, and Victor Abiamiri are all getting healthy and at exactly the right time.

I also really hope that they do not use Vick like they did two nights ago. All he did was come out and disrupt the offenses rhythm.

Not to mention the entire team looked better on Thursday, now lets just get everyone through week 4 and then it is on to Carolina for the start of the real thing.

eaglesalltheway
08-30-2009, 02:30 PM

Bunk and Patterson have looked real good as well, and Laws showed something on Thrusday as well. I was at the game, way up high, but I want to see the game on NFL Network again before I look over it, but our DTs have looked good as well.

eaglesalltheway
08-30-2009, 02:31 PM
I was hoping Sean Jones would show something, but so far he has be ehh.

Its because he is a more natural SS, and he is competing, it seems, at FS, where he is at a natural disadvantage the the more rangy Demps.

eaglesalltheway
08-30-2009, 02:33 PM
I'm really liking how everyone is pulling it together at the right time.

Shawn Andrews is practicing, Trent Cole is back, Stacy Andrews, Brian Westbrook, Jason Peters, Brent Celek, Kevin Kolb, and Victor Abiamiri are all getting healthy and at exactly the right time.

I also really hope that they do not use Vick like they did two nights ago. All he did was come out and disrupt the offenses rhythm.

Not to mention the entire team looked better on Thursday, now lets just get everyone through week 4 and then it is on to Carolina for the start of the real thing.

This is why I was never too worried about all of the minor injuries in the first place. Most of them are coming back and will be back for the season. I heard somewhere that Todd Herremans will miss at least one regular season game due to his fracture in his leg, but besides the already know season ending injuries, this is pretty much how most of these injuries were supposed to work out anyway.

jnew76
09-01-2009, 08:17 PM
a friend of mine just sent me a text that Westbrook was out for the year. No other source than that and I don't want to start a panic, but has anyone else heard this. Friend lives in Philly, and is pretty reliable source.

eaglesalltheway
09-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Started a minor panic for me, but I looked at the Pro footballsub-forum and didn't sxee anything, but I will be watching this. How did he say it happened?

I'm not too worried right now because there are enough guys on here that it would have been posted a looooong time ago...

Thumper
09-01-2009, 10:26 PM
If that happens I am hitting the giant red panic button.
http://www.community-credit.com/images/prizes/usb-stress-button.jpg

Seriously, that would be catastrophic IMO. Shady has worn down in just three pre-season games, Leonard Weaver is already injured and that would put an awful lot of responsibility on Kyle Eckel and Lorenzo Booker who are both god awful. PLEASE DO NOT LET THIS BE TRUE! And if it is, "Paging Warrick Dunn! DISTRESS CALL FROM PHILLY!"

Please do not let this be true... I get the sense that it is not however.

Go_Eagles77
09-01-2009, 10:29 PM
I'm 99.9% sure that's false. I haven't seen it anywhere else.

eaglesalltheway
09-01-2009, 11:03 PM
There would at least be some sort of rumbling out about it now, and there isn't so I think we're in the clear...

jnew76
09-02-2009, 04:57 AM
Yep, I think it is completely false... I think somebody was pulling his leg... My apologies on getting everyone worried. It was not my intention.

eaglesalltheway
09-02-2009, 06:11 AM
Yep, I think it is completely false... I think somebody was pulling his leg... My apologies on getting everyone worried. It was not my intention.

You should be sorry. lol

No biggie man, don't worry about it.

Todd Bertuzzi
09-03-2009, 06:58 PM
Vick gets his first TD as an Eagle. Sanchez looked good on his only drive, even if it was against our 2nd team defense.

Also nice to see Lito take that big pass interference penalty on the opening drive.

eaglesalltheway
09-04-2009, 06:12 AM
Nice to see him get that off his back, and seeing Lito give up that PI warmed my heart. One thing to worry about with Vick is turnovers, and since in most games he won't see as many touches, hopefully the turnovers might be limitted. I think a few battles were decided last night (and the other preseason games) that will help us find out the final 53.

Go_Eagles77
09-04-2009, 06:20 AM
I'm looking forward to see if they make any trades today and how the 53 man roster will shape up tomorrow. I have a feeling there will be some surprise cuts.

eaglesalltheway
09-04-2009, 06:32 AM
I'm looking forward to see if they make any trades today and how the 53 man roster will shape up tomorrow. I have a feeling there will be some surprise cuts.

LMAO, I just did my new version of my predicted 53...

Thumper
09-04-2009, 08:28 AM
Feeley or Reggie Brown will be traded to either the Jets or Patriots for a TE.

eaglesalltheway
09-04-2009, 10:30 AM

OK, sweet, care to elaborate, make a prediction....?

Crickett
09-04-2009, 11:49 AM

Why would the Jets trade for Feeley?

As for Reggie Brown, the Jets don't have anything at TE beyond Dustin Keller and trading him for Reggie Brown would be laughable.

brat316
09-04-2009, 03:31 PM
The Bears and Broncos could use a back up QB.

Bears could use a WR.

Thumper
09-04-2009, 03:51 PM
No, I was in a hurry this morning so I quickly typed that and left. What I meant was in order, the Eagles will trade Feeley to the Patriots who are interested in him and they've got 4 good tightends on the roster, and the Jets are going to nab up whoever gets cut, whether it is Baskett or Brown.

brat316
09-04-2009, 04:16 PM
Baskett will end up staying because he bring height to the WR group. He could have more value if he was a better red zone threat, if Gibson proves to be reliable this year in that role, well Baskett won't be around next year.

Baskett is also on a RFA 1 year deal, so it makes it easier to keep him.

Thumper
09-04-2009, 04:24 PM
Gibson has looked fantastic all pre-season and I honestly believe he has beat out both Reggie Brown and Hank Baskett who are on their way out the door. Brown is not as good as Gibson is and Baskett's height is useless, he plays like a speed receiver and he dropped the TD pass two weeks ago. Gibson looks like a great X receiver who has nice hands and can go up and get the ball and he uses his frame unlike Baskett. I like Gibson as the #5 receiver right now and even though he likely won't make the team I would love to see Danny Amendola make the team as the back-up slot guy and gadget RB next to Vick like he was used last night, I kid you not when I tell you he is a Wes Welker clone.

Todd Bertuzzi
09-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Gibson will make it after his great preseason. Brown played ok and Baskett was just awful. If he hadn't just signed a new deal I would say he would be cut, but I think Brown will be cut or traded.

Thumper
09-04-2009, 06:17 PM
Babin is making this team, he just signed a new deal. (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=18621)

Thumper
09-04-2009, 11:30 PM
Like I said a few posts ago, watch for a Feeley and Patriots deal. (http://gcobb.com/feeley-to-patriots-trade-almost-a-certainty-20090905.html)

This isn't going to be a blockbuster by any means, as both teams are aware that they're only trading players who are on the bubble to make their own rosters. It will, however, most likely include three players (Feeley, Baskett, Watson) and a late-round draft pick. That pick will probably be a conditional sixth or seventh-round pick next year.

Go_Eagles77
09-05-2009, 09:28 AM
Ben Watson would be great.

Todd Bertuzzi
09-05-2009, 10:13 AM
Ben Watson would be great.

Yes, but we already have Ingram.

Thumper
09-05-2009, 10:24 AM
Yes, but we already have Ingram.

:confused: We do not have him. He re-tore his ACL for the second time in two years and is now on IR. Backing up Brent Celek are the world beaters Matt Schobel, Rob Meyers and Tony Curtis.

Getting Ben Watson would be fantastic. And it is possible he is the 4th TE on the Patriots roster after Chris Baker, Alex Smith and David Thomas.

Todd Bertuzzi
09-05-2009, 10:42 AM
:confused: We do not have him. He re-tore his ACL for the second time in two years and is now on IR. Backing up Brent Celek are the world beaters Matt Schobel, Rob Meyers and Tony Curtis.

Getting Ben Watson would be fantastic. And it is possible he is the 4th TE on the Patriots roster after Chris Baker, Alex Smith and David Thomas.

What I meant is that we already have one injury prone pass catching tight end so we don't need another one. I do like Watson though, I just wish he could stay healthy.

Todd Bertuzzi
09-05-2009, 03:05 PM
Feeley to NE a no-go.

Thumper
09-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Feeley to NE a no-go.

According to Schefter and that is it.

I don't know though, New England's back-up is a UDFA, I think the Eagles are the ones who backed out, they like Meyers and Curtis and Vick is out for 2 weeks.

I think there was something to it, the Patriots liked Feeley.

Go_Eagles77
09-05-2009, 05:13 PM
The eagles get down to 53 - http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/bloghead/

Glad to see Booker and Schobel gone.

Thumper
09-06-2009, 12:09 PM
ESPN.com says the Eagles signed TE Ben Patrick and LB Jason Phillips (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/transactions?team=phi)

I don't know about this though... Ben Patrick is suspended for steroids and Jason Phillips is a rookie out of TCU who is REALLY similar to Joe Mays

Go_Eagles77
09-06-2009, 12:14 PM
I remember when I wanted Ben Patrick over Brent Celek. lol

superman8456
09-06-2009, 12:53 PM
I love how Eldra Buckley made the team. He was pretty good in preseason and made some plays special teams wise.

I dont like how we kept Dimitri Patterson over Jack Ikegwuounu. Im also a bit pissed Bryan Smith was released after being our 3rd round draft pick in 2008.

Thumper
09-06-2009, 02:01 PM
Still no official word on Patrick or Phillips, but there is a new signing. (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/06/with-feeley-gone-vick-stays-on-the-exempt-list/)

The Eagles have signed former University of Miami Defensive Tackle Antonio Dixon. You may remember him as the DT who is a huge underachiever, big time talent but not a good work ethic. He stands at 6'3" and 325 pounds. He will be taking AJ Feeley's roster spot for now.

Go_Eagles77
09-06-2009, 02:05 PM
Apparently Jason Phillips was put on Baltimore's IR list and Ben Patrick is still on the Cardinals roster but is suspended for the first 4 games for using Aderall. I'm pretty sure that was false.

eaglesalltheway
09-06-2009, 02:33 PM
Here is how the offense...http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=18632

and defense...http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=18629

look for the final roster, as of now.

A change since the pages were put up are that Feeley is cut and DT Antonio Dixon is now on as our 4th DT.

Dixon is a bigger DT who can help spell Bunk at NT and will help against the run. He has been a disappointment pretty much his entire career, but he should be a solid part of the rotation for us.

I think when Vick is activated, it will spell the end for one of the 7 (!) WRs on the roster right now, most likely Reggie Brown.

Thumper
09-06-2009, 03:20 PM
I think that Baskett is out when Vick is activated. Baskett is useless, he is deepthreat but Maclin, Jackson and Curtis are better deep threats, his advantage is his height and he is not as good a possession receiver as Brandon Gibson, Jason Avant or even Reggie Brown.

Reggie Brown is the #2 X receiver, Baskett is the 3rd string Z receiver I believe. People forget that Reggie Brown was actually a decent receiver before DeSean Jackson showed up and he still produced last year when given an opportunity.

Also:
Eagles Practice Squad is (http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter):

WR Danny Amendola, G Paul Fanaika, G Mike Gibson, and TE Rob Myers.

BamaFalcon59
09-06-2009, 06:34 PM
How do you guys feel about Vick?

I think his passing will improve under McNabb and Reid, no doubt. The pick wasn't even a risky pass.

And Jaws said he looked slow, but I thought he looked rather fast for only playing a few weeks.

Go_Eagles77
09-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Jaws is just bitter because Vick took his number. lol

eaglesalltheway
09-06-2009, 11:32 PM
I think that Baskett is out when Vick is activated. Baskett is useless, he is deepthreat but Maclin, Jackson and Curtis are better deep threats, his advantage is his height and he is not as good a possession receiver as Brandon Gibson, Jason Avant or even Reggie Brown.

Reggie Brown is the #2 X receiver, Baskett is the 3rd string Z receiver I believe. People forget that Reggie Brown was actually a decent receiver before DeSean Jackson showed up and he still produced last year when given an opportunity.

Also:
Eagles Practice Squad is (http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter):

WR Danny Amendola, G Paul Fanaika, G Mike Gibson, and TE Rob Myers.

You also must take into account the value of special teams as well. Reggie adds no value to special teams, and Baskett has been one of our more consistent special teams players. Both Baskett and Reggie bring the same things to the table that we already have in other receivers, so I think talking about that is kind of a moot point.

Thumper
09-06-2009, 11:55 PM
True, I forgot to account for his special teams skills... I still think aside from that he is useless.

Todd Bertuzzi
09-07-2009, 12:00 AM
This is why I think we should keep Baskett around...

http://gone-hollywood.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/kendra-1.jpg

eaglesalltheway
09-07-2009, 12:00 AM
True, I forgot to account for his special teams skills... I still think aside from that he is useless.

I think with his contract situation, it makes it a tad easier to keep him, plus the team wants to see some of Mrs. Baskett this season, lol.

eaglesalltheway
09-07-2009, 12:01 AM
This is why I think we should keep Baskett around...

http://gone-hollywood.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/kendra-1.jpg

It's only showing up as a red X, but I think I know where you're going with this...

Thumper
09-07-2009, 02:27 PM
Hey everyone, take a look at our starting free safety! (http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq-eagles/Macho_Harris_starting_at_free_safety.html)

http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Philadelphia+Eagles+Minicamp+5tkUjgDICVsl.jpg

So Macho Harris beat out Quintin Demps, I am highly disappointed in Demps more than I am impressed with Harris. Demps was supposed to be an athletic ball hawking safety and now look. He was Jim Johnson's personal project and now he isn't starting. Best of luck to Macho Harris.

brat316
09-07-2009, 02:35 PM
Damn Macho must be pretty impressive, I still wasn't all that convinced by Demps, other than using his speed to cover lots of ground he didn't really make an impact on me. Thats why I was kind of pulling for Sean Jones, but Harris must have done hell of a job.

Thumper
09-07-2009, 02:40 PM
Damn Macho must be pretty impressive, I still wasn't all that convinced by Demps, other than using his speed to cover lots of ground he didn't really make an impact on me. Thats why I was kind of pulling for Sean Jones, but Harris must have done hell of a job.

Jones is way to slow to play FS IMO. Harris isn't great by any measure right now, but for a rookie who is making a move to FS from CB to be starting he must've made huge amounts of progress. From what I can tell Harris is a fairly vocal guy, he is aggressive and he plays with passion, and that made the difference. Demps is probably a tad bit more athletic and faster than Harris but he isn't aggressive and he lets the game come to him, he is not vocal and he doesn't play with passion. Lets hope Harris can really step it up against Carolina where he will have the dubious task of helping stuff/cover DeAngelo Williams and cover the deep half against the likes of Steve Smith and company.

In a few weeks I would expect to see Mikkell moved to FS and Jones starting at SS.

Thumper
09-07-2009, 02:48 PM
And for further evidence....

The links are pouring in.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-eagles-safeties&prov=ap&type=lgns
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq-eagles/Macho_Harris_starting_at_free_safety.html
http://insidetheiggles.com/2009/09/07/is-macho-harris-the-eagles-starting-free-safety/
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gEQZKciQU_SflpY8o4DVLIqBu6wQD9AILDAG0
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/07/harris-demps-still-battling-for-starting-job/

camp_eagles
09-07-2009, 07:59 PM
In a few weeks I would expect to see Mikkell moved to FS and Jones starting at SS.

I would have expected that this week with the ground game that Carolina has it would be good to have Jones playing in the box.

BamaFalcon59
09-07-2009, 08:03 PM
Machooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

No, he didn't dominate the combine. No, he wasn't always diciplined. But he is a a football player! He is a playmaker! He is a leader!

Beast.

Go_Eagles77
09-07-2009, 08:10 PM
I called it first! :D

That's Macho Harris, who after last night I think has a better shot at being the long term answer at FS than Quintin Demps.

eaglesalltheway
09-07-2009, 09:53 PM
Obviously I'm surprised by this, Demps was looking pretty good in camp and at tiems in the preseason. Macho made his big push in the 4th game though, and I guess it paid off for him. Well either way I think we are good at our safety spots, but I think eventually we will see that move, putting Mikell at FS and Jones at SS.

eaglesalltheway
09-08-2009, 07:06 AM
"It's not a me-and-Peppers deal, it's a team thing. But since you asked about the individual battle, I'm a beast too. Let the beasting begin."-Shawn Andrews

This is why I love linemen, lol.

I hope he is ready, it seems he is, so I can't wait to get this going...

Sniper
09-08-2009, 07:07 AM
I like the Macho move. Obviously, Demps will get PT as well, but Macho can line up at corner, nickel or FS. It's always nice to have versatility.

eaglesalltheway
09-08-2009, 07:11 AM
Eagles Practice Squad...
WR Danny Amendola
FB Marcus Mailai
TE Rob Meyers
S Reshard Langford
G Paul Fanaika
G Mike Gibson
MLB J Leman
CB Jack Ikegwounu

eaglesalltheway
09-08-2009, 07:12 AM
I like the Macho move. Obviously, Demps will get PT as well, but Macho can line up at corner, nickel or FS. It's always nice to have versatility.

People forget Demps saw action in college at CB as well, and can play CB in a pinch if needed too.

Sniper
09-08-2009, 01:54 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/08/the-other-alex-smith-lands-in-philly/

TE Alex Smith signs with the Eagles. Apparently, Tony Curtis was cut.

Go_Eagles77
09-08-2009, 02:05 PM
Smith is an upgrade over Curtis but I wouldn't have minded keeping Curtis as the 3rd TE.

Also, Smith is gonna wear #82, so people with LJ Smith jerseys will be happy. lol

eaglesalltheway
09-08-2009, 02:31 PM
Well I'm glad we got another TE who will help us out a bit, but I would like to have 3 TEs, as 2 for the season is not the best situation for us.

camp_eagles
09-08-2009, 05:14 PM
I would have rather have Pope purely for his size 6-8 264 what a red zone threat. also he did have 5 tds two years ago.

d34ng3l021
09-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Destroy the Panthers for us, will you?

eaglesalltheway
09-09-2009, 06:14 AM
I would have rather have Pope purely for his size 6-8 264 what a red zone threat. also he did have 5 tds two years ago.

I personally am happy with Smith, though I like Pope as well. But Smith has great height as well, at 6'4 I think, and that is tall enough that he can be a solid red zone threat in some situations.

eaglesalltheway
09-09-2009, 06:16 AM
Destroy the Panthers for us, will you?

I'm not sure if we'll destroy them, but I do believe we'll come out on top, I think we will win by a score of about 31-24 or somewhere around there.

eaglesalltheway
09-10-2009, 06:45 AM
Wanted to mention... Fenuki Tupou was IRed, and not just cut. I checked it because I saw he wasn't on the roster and not on the PS, so I figured he ended up there.

bsaza2358
09-10-2009, 01:15 PM
I think the Eagles are the better team here. The D's are similar, so I trust the team with the better offensive coaching staff, the better set of playmakers, and the proven ability to move the ball. The Eagles play better on the road. I think they take it 24-20.

Sniper
09-10-2009, 08:21 PM
Chris Gocong is our backup MLB right now. <Insert Panic Here>

superman8456
09-10-2009, 08:35 PM
What the **** is going on with our defense right now?

Sniper
09-10-2009, 08:36 PM
What the **** is going on with our defense right now?

They will still be awesome.

eaglesalltheway
09-10-2009, 11:17 PM
They will still be awesome.

Agreed, lol. We're all very antsy with the beginning of the season, and are overanalyzing these things...

cunningham06
09-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Eagles | Sh. Andrews out for Week 1
Fri, 11 Sep 2009 10:20:55 -0700

Jeff McLane, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports Philadelphia Eagles OT Shawn Andrews (back) has been ruled out of the team's Week 1 game.

WTF Shawn why can't you stay healthy???

Sniper
09-11-2009, 03:41 PM
In addition to Shawn, Joe Mays and Todd Herremans are out, and Brian Westbrook is probable.

eaglesalltheway
09-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Eagles | Sh. Andrews out for Week 1
Fri, 11 Sep 2009 10:20:55 -0700

Jeff McLane, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports Philadelphia Eagles OT Shawn Andrews (back) has been ruled out of the team's Week 1 game.

WTF Shawn why can't you stay healthy???

They're just being cautious with him. I anticipate he'll be back next week, if not, week 2.

Thumper
09-13-2009, 04:11 PM
Hate to be a kill joy, but McNabb is out 2-4 weeks with a broken rib. (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/13/report-mcnabb-has-broken-rib/)

eaglesalltheway
09-13-2009, 04:17 PM
It also says he can play. It'll definitely be interesting if he can go (his decison plus team decision) in these games.

superman8456
09-13-2009, 05:37 PM
I say he takes off the Saints game and then comes back. I'm not taking the Saints lightly, but I think this is the one game he can afford to miss. The Saints dont have a great defense, so just use Westbrook, LeSean, Weaver, etc. and we should be able to put a couple points on the board. Lets hope our defense can create pressure and stop the Saints passing O.

Thumper
09-13-2009, 06:07 PM
Macho Harris actually didn't screw up and he was in nice position every time I saw him but the rest of the secondary was in best mode so he didn't really have shot. He tipped the ball that Sheldon Brown intercepted. We will see him next week, good or bad I don't know yet but he will be tested because you can bet Sean Peyton is going to try to find ways to isolate him.

I'm looking forward to a chess match next week between McDermott and Peyton, should be interesting to see who comes out on top. The schemes we saw this week will be different and Sean can afford to bring more pressure because now the Eagles do not have to stay at home against the run against Reggie Bush, Mike Bell and Heath Evans who are not going to scare anyone.

Instead they can send a few extra guys, expect to see more of the Okie package. Just so you know that package is the package that Trent Cole lined up at MLB for.

From what I can tell the idea of this package is to create confusion along the offensive line. The goal from what I can tell is to get the tackles on the guard which leaves two men on for the center to block and in all likelihood at least one end would penetrate the middle. It was interesting to say the least and the offensive line looked like they knew what was coming which tells me they've seen the package before which means we might be seeing a lot of this package.

I wrote that on another site back in August (after watching flight night and I was talking about the Eagles offensive line) and here is what Trent Cole said today. (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=18733)

"Going through the middle like that, the center blocked the other defensive end, so it created a hole and my eyes just lit up."

I really hope that next week the Eagles control the ball with the offensive line, Westbrook, Shady and Weaver because the more opportunities you give Brees and the Saints the worse. And I don't think the Eagles will win if the Saints offense gets going now that McNabb is gone because I do not believe it possible that Kolb leads a comeback.

eaglesalltheway
09-14-2009, 06:49 AM
Macho Harris actually didn't screw up and he was in nice position every time I saw him but the rest of the secondary was in best mode so he didn't really have shot. He tipped the ball that Sheldon Brown intercepted. We will see him next week, good or bad I don't know yet but he will be tested because you can bet Sean Peyton is going to try to find ways to isolate him.

I'm looking forward to a chess match next week between McDermott and Peyton, should be interesting to see who comes out on top. The schemes we saw this week will be different and Sean can afford to bring more pressure because now the Eagles do not have to stay at home against the run against Reggie Bush, Mike Bell and Heath Evans who are not going to scare anyone.

Instead they can send a few extra guys, expect to see more of the Okie package. Just so you know that package is the package that Trent Cole lined up at MLB for.

I wrote that on another site back in August (after watching flight night and I was talking about the Eagles offensive line) and here is what Trent Cole said today. (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=18733)

I really hope that next week the Eagles control the ball with the offensive line, Westbrook, Shady and Weaver because the more opportunities you give Brees and the Saints the worse. And I don't think the Eagles will win if the Saints offense gets going now that McNabb is gone because I do not believe it possible that Kolb leads a comeback.

Harris had a good enough game, didn't make many huge plays (besides the tip, and that almost INT), but as you said didn't have any costly mistakes and was in position whenever I saw him as well. He missed a few tackles, probably due to being tentative, but consider the RBs who he was up agaisnt, two of the best at breaking tackles in the NFL. Overall a solid performance.

That will be interesting to watch. And if McNabb doesn't play, or is majorly affected by the injury, it will be the most important factor in deciding who wins.

The offense had an almsot equal run/pass ratio, but when your up as much as they were, you'd hope that's the case. The Saints secondary is considered a weakness, and I expect the Eagles to test it no matter who is at QB. But I would like to see some major clock usage in order to lessen the Saints opportunities. Either way don't expect Brees to replicate what he did this week. Our secondary is almost infinitely better than the Lions'.

Sniper
09-14-2009, 09:20 AM
I think they should rest McNabb until after the bye.

cunningham06
09-14-2009, 12:42 PM
I say he takes off the Saints game and then comes back. I'm not taking the Saints lightly, but I think this is the one game he can afford to miss. The Saints dont have a great defense, so just use Westbrook, LeSean, Weaver, etc. and we should be able to put a couple points on the board. Lets hope our defense can create pressure and stop the Saints passing O.

I'm praying he can play against the Saints. The Saints are going to score points no matter what, and we need a qb at the helm who can answer. Since Kolb has never thrown a TD, I'm really hoping McNabb can play, but with a flak jacket to help protect his ribs.

What is so annoying is that we didn't really NEED that TD when he ran it in, he got injured for practically nothing.

eaglesalltheway
09-14-2009, 02:49 PM
I'm praying he can play against the Saints. The Saints are going to score points no matter what, and we need a qb at the helm who can answer. Since Kolb has never thrown a TD, I'm really hoping McNabb can play, but with a flak jacket to help protect his ribs.

What is so annoying is that we didn't really NEED that TD when he ran it in, he got injured for practically nothing.

I hope he can play as well, but it is really difficult to tell how things will go right now. McNabb has shown he has a high threshold for pain before, so I expect it'll be a gametime decision.

I agree we didn't need that TD. But if he would've slid at the two then all the rabid annoying stupid Eagles fans would be calling for his head.

diabsoule
09-14-2009, 04:08 PM
Eagles just signed QB Jeff Garcia.

Todd Bertuzzi
09-14-2009, 04:13 PM
I was expecting us to sign a veteran QB like that. I'll tell you I'm a lot more confident with Garcia in there than with Kolb. Welcome back Jeff.

Thumper
09-14-2009, 04:13 PM
Eagles just signed QB Jeff Garcia.

Great move, he knows the offense and has a rapport with a majority of the players here, plus Philly loves him for leading the Eagles to the playoffs.

So who starts Kolb or Garcia? Undoubtedly this means Reggie Brown is gone and the Eagles will carry 4 QBs in McNabb, Vick, Kolb and Garcia. Great group.

Also I think this means that McNabb won't be playing until after the bye week.

eaglesalltheway
09-14-2009, 04:17 PM
Great move, he knows the offense and has a rapport with a majority of the players here, plus Philly loves him for leading the Eagles to the playoffs.

So who starts Kolb or Garcia? Undoubtedly this means Reggie Brown is gone and the Eagles will carry 4 QBs in McNabb, Vick, Kolb and Garcia. Great group.

Also I think this means that McNabb won't be playing until after the bye week.

I liek the move, figured it'd either be him or Feeley.

I say Garcia will start... Bye bye Reggie

And I agree, say hello to McNabb week 5...

brat316
09-14-2009, 04:27 PM
Garcia starts week 2, if he can pick things up pretty quick.

Week 3 a combo of Garcia and Vick, though more Garcia, Vick gets like 8-10 snaps.

McNabb comes back after the bye.

D-Unit
09-14-2009, 04:49 PM
Best move Philly could've done, but I would be far from at ease. I knew age and injury would hamper McNabb, but not this soon. There's a long season ahead. Hopefully McNabb recovers quickly and can continue to drive the Eagles Train.

Splat
09-14-2009, 08:53 PM
Eagles put Baskett on the block (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/14/eagles-put-baskett-on-the-block-1/)

Go_Eagles77
09-15-2009, 09:09 AM
Eagles put Shawn Andrews on IR (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/bloghead/)

Sign Jon Runyan!!!

Brothgar
09-15-2009, 10:20 AM
I liek the move, figured it'd either be him or Feeley.

I say Garcia will start... Bye bye Reggie

And I agree, say hello to McNabb week 5...

Few questions.

1. Say Garcia goes undefeated in the next 4 games McNabb is back to about 90% you keep Garcia at the helm?

2. Am I the only one who thinks that this Garcia signing is really a statement about Kolb?

Thumper
09-15-2009, 11:07 AM
Andy Reid said kolb is starting this week. Garcia IS #2

bsaza2358
09-15-2009, 11:15 AM
The Garcia signing (just like the Vick signing) is an indictment on Kolb's readiness (or even potential to be) the starting QB for the Eagles. I'm not sure they are completely down on Kolb because this team is in a position to win now, and Kolb clearly isn't ready to walk in and win games for this team. Garcia has proven that he can win in this scheme, so he was a "season saver" for the Eagles.

bsaza2358
09-15-2009, 11:15 AM
And no matter what happens with McNabb, if he is healthy, he is the starter for the Eagles. Period. He gives them the best chance to win every week when he is healthy.

eaglesalltheway
09-15-2009, 12:23 PM
And no matter what happens with McNabb, if he is healthy, he is the starter for the Eagles. Period. He gives them the best chance to win every week when he is healthy.

Agreed, and I think Shawn being on IR hurts. Not so much because of our depth, but it hurts. I'm not sure whether they will now slide Stacey out and put Cole/ MJG in at RG, or keep with Justice at RT. Based off of his performance week one, I wouldn't be surprised if Justice stays the RT...

brat316
09-15-2009, 12:25 PM
I really hope they cut Shawn now, after the season ends. Stacey has the most experience at RT. At guard there is plenty of experience since Andrews missed last season as well.

cunningham06
09-15-2009, 12:31 PM
I still feel like Shawn doesn't really want to play football. I remember when I played football, the best way to avoid being injured was to play hard and keep your head in the game, but as we know Shawn has had motivational problems, problems with depression, and he hasn't really been healthy since. He got hurt during preseason, came back for a week in practice, and got hurt again. Just my two cents.

bsaza2358
09-15-2009, 12:57 PM
With his contract, I'm not sure if the team can really afford to cut him at this point. Obviously, when he's right, he's one of the best, but I'm not sure the team can really afford to rely on him. Luckily, they have enough depth to see their way through this.

eaglesalltheway
09-15-2009, 01:00 PM
With his contract, I'm not sure if the team can really afford to cut him at this point. Obviously, when he's right, he's one of the best, but I'm not sure the team can really afford to rely on him. Luckily, they have enough depth to see their way through this.

Agreed, and cutting him would make very little sense for the Eagles. What if the motivation he needs is a team cutting him? Then he comes back to rip us apart with another team? Right now I say the reward of having him here if he gets his stuff figured out is worth keeping him.

D-Unit
09-15-2009, 01:02 PM
What does your OL depth chart look like?

brat316
09-15-2009, 01:15 PM
Agreed, and cutting him would make very little sense for the Eagles. What if the motivation he needs is a team cutting him? Then he comes back to rip us apart with another team? Right now I say the reward of having him here if he gets his stuff figured out is worth keeping him.

Not really, pretty much gave him free money for 2 years straight. You can't keep draging around dead weight thinking something will come of it, eventually you got to cut and move on.

If he gets cut and finds the motivation good for him, if he doesn't good for the Eagles. If cutting him is the motivation, well he isn't going to do good not cutting him. Always can settle on agreement, rather than cut him when March comes.

I thought about trade first, but who is gonna take a guard/tackle who has missed 2 years straight with ? injuries. The doctor's cleared him but he says it hurts, so all you can do is IR him.

bigbluedefense
09-15-2009, 01:28 PM
I really hope you guys don't sign Runyan back. Runyan owned Tuck last year.

Thumper
09-15-2009, 01:32 PM
Justice us the rt and Todd herramens is undoubtedtly the backup

bigbluedefense
09-15-2009, 01:34 PM
Justice at RT?

Sweeeeet.

Sniper
09-15-2009, 01:35 PM
Justice at RT?

Sweeeeet.

I thought he looked good against Carolina. It's his natural position.

bigbluedefense
09-15-2009, 01:45 PM
I thought he looked good against Carolina. It's his natural position.

I was always a fan of his. I was fuming when we passed on him in the draft for Kiwi.

But I just don't think he can handle Tuck 1 on 1 the way Runyan did. I thought Andrews had a chance bc he's so big he can outmuscle Tuck the way Runyan did.

But Tuck should have his way with Justice.

Sniper
09-15-2009, 01:56 PM
I was always a fan of his. I was fuming when we passed on him in the draft for Kiwi.

But I just don't think he can handle Tuck 1 on 1 the way Runyan did. I thought Andrews had a chance bc he's so big he can outmuscle Tuck the way Runyan did.

But Tuck should have his way with Justice.

I suppose we'll see. I fully expected Tuck, with his absurd size/speed/quickness combo, to handle Runyan, and he didn't. So, I don't know what to expect.

bigbluedefense
09-15-2009, 02:00 PM
I suppose we'll see. I fully expected Tuck, with his absurd size/speed/quickness combo, to handle Runyan, and he didn't. So, I don't know what to expect.

Tuck for all his ogreness, doesn't play with the leverage that Stray did. Runyan was just stronger, yet quick enough to handle Tuck's speed. Tuck isn't a burner, but he's typicall either too strong for smaller OTs, or too quick for bigger ones.

Runyan was one of the few RTs in the game who had a great combo to match him.

To be fair to Tuck though, I noticed while at the playoff game (i was there at the stadium) that the Eagles tripled Tuck on every play. With Osi back and our improved depth, he should see more 1 on 1 matchups this year.

To clarify the triple team, it was either RG + RT + chipping back, or RT + TE + chipping back, or RT + chip from TE + back in the block.

Sniper
09-15-2009, 03:30 PM
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2009/9/15/1031954/espn-eagles-decline-westbrook

Eagles decline Westbrook's option, thus ending his contract in 2010.

eaglesalltheway
09-15-2009, 03:33 PM
Interesting move to say the leasst. Wondering why it is released now, if this is indeed true. But it shows the confidence they have in Shady...

I was expecting the contract to be cut short, but to have it only two years, and hearing about that in one year is certainly strange...

Sniper
09-15-2009, 03:34 PM
All is well, for we shall draft Brandon Minor and own the world!

superman8456
09-15-2009, 04:26 PM
If only Shawn Andrews was put on the trade block before this training camp. I dont see him coming back to play football ever again, or atleast on the level he was capable of playing.

And I dont understand the whole Westbrook thing. Pay the man his money and keep him in an Eagles uniform for a couple more seasons.

bsaza2358
09-15-2009, 04:29 PM
Andrews had no legitimate value for any team to trade for him and for the Eagles to recoup on his potential. Coming off back surgery, no team was going to risk a big pick for that salary.

It is certainly likely that Andrews doesn't come back to that level ever again, but he's also still pretty young and has a lot of skills. He could have value, but I would prefer if the Eagles restructured his contract to make him earn back his money...

bsaza2358
09-15-2009, 04:31 PM
As for Westbrook, the guy can be explosive, but he's now 30 and really isn't good to play in 16 games every year. For the money he's making, it's hard to guarantee that much more. Even though he's a FA after next season, the team can still pay him money and keep him if they want...

D-Unit
09-15-2009, 05:56 PM
Good move by the Eagles. Westbrook is old and so banged up. He's not worth that kind of money. I may be in the minority, but I don't think he'll give you the same effect the he has in the past. I'm not talking about his production... that's a given. I'm talking about that explosiveness to get you 15-20 yards when it should be only 3-5. I don't see him being a big play threat too often anymore.

camp_eagles
09-15-2009, 09:14 PM
Good move by the Eagles. Westbrook is old and so banged up. He's not worth that kind of money. I may be in the minority, but I don't think he'll give you the same effect the he has in the past. I'm not talking about his production... that's a given. I'm talking about that explosiveness to get you 15-20 yards when it should be only 3-5. I don't see him being a big play threat too often anymore.

The truth hurts.

eaglesalltheway
09-16-2009, 12:13 AM
Andrews had no legitimate value for any team to trade for him and for the Eagles to recoup on his potential. Coming off back surgery, no team was going to risk a big pick for that salary.

It is certainly likely that Andrews doesn't come back to that level ever again, but he's also still pretty young and has a lot of skills. He could have value, but I would prefer if the Eagles restructured his contract to make him earn back his money...

As for Westbrook, the guy can be explosive, but he's now 30 and really isn't good to play in 16 games every year. For the money he's making, it's hard to guarantee that much more. Even though he's a FA after next season, the team can still pay him money and keep him if they want...

Agreed on all fo the above...

camp_eagles
09-16-2009, 07:54 PM
Since McNabb probably wont play this week or if he does he clearly wont be 100% and when ever this happens Andy decides to run the ball alot more (look back to to 06) so I think its real possibility depending on the first few drives that we could have a 55-45 Run-Pass ratio or even 60-40. Once again this is depending on how the first few defensive series look. Also remember (cliche alert) if Brees isnt on the field he cant score points .

eaglesalltheway
09-16-2009, 09:59 PM
Since McNabb probably wont play this week or if he does he clearly wont be 100% and when ever this happens Andy decides to run the ball alot more (look back to to 06) so I think its real possibility depending on the first few drives that we could have a 55-45 Run-Pass ratio or even 60-40. Once again this is depending on how the first few defensive series look. Also remember (cliche alert) if Brees isnt on the field he cant score points .

Yup yup.

I'm hoping we decide to run this type of gameplan as well, it not only fits the personnel best, but like you said, will limit the Saints offense's opportunities.

bsaza2358
09-17-2009, 01:15 PM
The Eagles definitely don't want this to be a shootout. I agree. They are at their best rotating their D in, then using the O to kind of dominate the pace and time of possession. The Saints have a certain rhythm on O, and the Eagles want to control that timing by controlling the clock and making them desperate and reckless when they get opportunities.

eaglesalltheway
09-17-2009, 01:19 PM
The Eagles definitely don't want this to be a shootout. I agree. They are at their best rotating their D in, then using the O to kind of dominate the pace and time of possession. The Saints have a certain rhythm on O, and the Eagles want to control that timing by controlling the clock and making them desperate and reckless when they get opportunities.

If the game is a shootout, they will lose, we need this to be a clock management style of offense, utilyzing our OL and our three great options to run the ball with. I saw Buckley was activated for last weeks game, but only played on ST. I think if we adapt more of that running approach, we may see him get a few carries, like 3 or 4.

bsaza2358
09-17-2009, 01:23 PM
I think this will be an "all hands on deck" style of running attack. Weaver, McCoy, West, and maybe even Buckley will get their shot. However, I can easily see the Eagles coming out and throwing deep off PA the first offensive snap in an effort to open up some room. Clearly Kolb would also need this to gain confidence.

I think that the Eagles CAN win this game, but in order to do so, they will need to execute perfectly.

eaglesalltheway
09-17-2009, 01:42 PM
I think this will be an "all hands on deck" style of running attack. Weaver, McCoy, West, and maybe even Buckley will get their shot. However, I can easily see the Eagles coming out and throwing deep off PA the first offensive snap in an effort to open up some room. Clearly Kolb would also need this to gain confidence.

I think that the Eagles CAN win this game, but in order to do so, they will need to execute perfectly.

Agreed, they will need great execution on offense and a great style of attack on defense, also executed very well.

bsaza2358
09-17-2009, 01:58 PM
Will be all about turnovers. They need some big plays to change this game.

eaglesalltheway
09-17-2009, 02:06 PM
I say its more about the defense slowing them down and our offense running the ball consistently with success, which can be done, though turnovers would certainly help, lol.

Sniper
09-17-2009, 02:13 PM
Is it out of the question to expect 40 carries?

bsaza2358
09-17-2009, 02:24 PM
I would say 25-30 touches for Westbrook, plus another 5 for both Buckley and Weaver. Maybe McCoy gets into the action, but I would expect his pass protection skill to be lacking. Rookie RB's tend to have that issue...

eaglesalltheway
09-17-2009, 10:09 PM
I would say 25-30 touches for Westbrook, plus another 5 for both Buckley and Weaver. Maybe McCoy gets into the action, but I would expect his pass protection skill to be lacking. Rookie RB's tend to have that issue...

That's what mant were expecting as well. I saw first hand that pass pro is not an area where we need to be too worried when it comes to Shady. Buckley needs the most work in pass pro by far, fortunately.

eaglesalltheway
09-20-2009, 04:59 PM
I've noticed it ever since the preseason, pretty sure I've said it before, but if I haven't...

Ellis Hobbs needs to get off the field. He is constantly getting beat at CB, and today he is the reason for the change in momentum that led to the Saints run. In the third quarter. I realize he isn't the only one at fault, but I haven't liked him from the beginning and maybe I'm just letting frustration out.

Demps was a sure handed returner and didn't have anything like Hobbs did today. Hobbs redeemed himself, partially, with his return later on, but Demps seemed much better back there. Maclin isn't a kick returner in the NFL, punts or kickoffs, you can see he just doesn't have the decisiveness right now. I would like to see more of Demps in as the Kick returner.

As far as CB goes, Hobbs isn't that good. I can understand why Rivers called him the worst starting CB in the NFL. He probably was. We need to see Hanson in there more and less of Hobbs.

Thumper
09-20-2009, 05:26 PM
That wasn't the same Eagles team, not even close.

Last week the defense was creative, they blitzed, hurried throws and played good coverage. Asante Samuel shut down Steve Smith, Bunkley and Patterson anchored the middle of the defense against the best RB duo in the NFL. This week? Asante Samuel was abused repeatedly, Mike Bell torched the inside of the defense, there was no creativity and little blitzing.

It was an awful outing by Sean McDermott and the defense.

On offense Kolb looked like he is a salvageable project who might just be the future QB. Sure he made bad decisions later on but he did a good job through 3 and 1/2 quarters of getting the ball moving. His accuracy needs some touching up but you can definitely see what the Eagles saw in him when they drafted him, he is mobile, he has a rocket launcher for an arm (seriously he was throwing some bullets).

I absolutely loved what was happening on offense and I don't think I'd ever seen anything like it in the NFL. It was wildcat every other play it seemed like with DeSean Jackson getting the ball in every way the offense could get it to him. And all of you remember that crazy offensive scheme called the A-11 offense? If you don't it is below, the Eagles ran a play of that.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7a/A-11.gif

Overall it was like watching the Florida Gators or Oklahoma Sooners go to work, only the offense made them seem like pro-style offenses. There were so many gimmick plays it was just crazy.

DeSean Jackson had a great game, he did it all and he fought for tough yards. The only mistake he made was fielding a punt inside the 5 which led to 2 blocking penalties and resulted in the Eagles starting their drive at the 3 yard line.

Also, it is kind of sad but Westbrook is not Westbrook. It was apparent today that he is running out of gas. He wasn't the same in the open field and there were a couple plays where in years past he would've had bigger gains but the defender stopped him. He injured his leg as well so you know that Shady McCoy is going to see extended time next week to limit Westbrook's workload.

Overall the loss of this game goes on the shoulders of the defense, who went MIA and did absolutely nothing to stop Drew Brees and the Saints offense, they were nothing more than a speed bump for the Saints offense.

Macho Harris is playing deep, this is a fundamental change to the defense. In other years Brian Dawkins was used as the ultimate weapon at FS but Harris is being sheltered right now, he blitzed a couple times but other than that he was in deep coverage all game ala Taylor Mays or Ed Reed. He had his moments where he looked good like when he tackled Jeremy Shockey in the open field to stop him short of the first down marker but there were other times where he would go for the knockout and not wrap-up like the TD he gave up to Heath Evans. Overall I like what I see, he is athletic and he likes to throw himself around but he is still learning the defense and he needs to wrap-up.

The Eagles were just a step slower today and now I think they needed that loss to knock them down a few levels because they came out and didn't seem ready to play, like they were going to be handed the win.

On to next week when the Eagles play the Chiefs which should be an easy game for the Eagles. But you never know because we haven't seen the real Eagles team just yet,are they the dominant team that destroyed the Panthers or are they the crappy team that was ripped apart by the Saints? We'll see.

brat316
09-20-2009, 05:32 PM
Maybe it just a combonation of stuff, last week Eagles D playing great, and Panthers sucking. This week Saints just clicking, Eagles D not playing up to the awesome game last week.

Hopefully last week shows how great they can be if its clicking and and this week shows this is the worst it can get. Hopefully they find a way to play consistent.

Auron
09-20-2009, 05:42 PM
I think the Eagles are a solid team, and should be able to learn from this loss and re-group.

In the first half they played us real tight, and for the most part after that opening drive they limited what our Offense was able to, and applied some pressure to Brees on quite a few plays. I wouldn't be too discouraged by your Defenses efforts, Brees is one of the few Quarterbacks in this league right now that can step up and make those kind of throws against a Defense like the Eagles unit.

I thought Kolb gave a good effort, considering what he was given to work with. He can throw quite well on the move. he hung in the pocket a few times and delivered some throws with pressure on him when he knew the hit was coming.. and I thought he did a good job of getting the ball out, and not holding onto it for too long. However his biggest mistake which really cost them was the Blind throw, when he failed to account for the LB covering the Flat.

Going to be interesting to see what happens when you throw Vick into the mix. I heard on a post game show that the reason the Eagles ran all those Wild-Cat plays, was really more to get their Offense in tune for when Vick does come in. However I'm confused as to why you'd feature those plays in your Gameplan, when the player who the majority of those plays are designed for isn't even active to play. :confused: None the less a lot of those Wildcat plays did throw us off-guard for a bit... and I think the combination of Jackson, McCoy, Vick running those plays will be something D-Coordinators need to watch out for.

Sniper
09-20-2009, 05:43 PM
The reason why the Eagles ran those plays is because Kolb sucks ****. The end.

Todd Bertuzzi
09-21-2009, 03:09 PM
Kolb gets the start this week. I actually like the move. He showed flashes yesterday and we need to give him a chance after using such a high pick on him. Plus it is the Chiefs.

Todd Bertuzzi
09-21-2009, 03:18 PM
I just realized the Saints scored more points on us than they did on the Lions.

Go_Eagles77
09-21-2009, 03:22 PM
Really? Because I realized that when Darren Sharper was at around the 50 yard line. lol

Brothgar
09-21-2009, 03:32 PM

Does that mean we win at something? Please? We really need to win at something.

camp_eagles
09-21-2009, 03:41 PM
Does that mean we win at something? Please? We really need to win at something.

Bear Bryant said a tie is like kissing your sister

Well I say being happy about having a team score more points on someone else than they did on you is like kissing your brother.

but seriously we were at home and you guys had a new coach and a rookie QB.

Sniper
09-21-2009, 07:24 PM
Kolb gets the start this week. I actually like the move. He showed flashes yesterday and we need to give him a chance after using such a high pick on him. Plus it is the Chiefs.

**** my life.

bsaza2358
09-22-2009, 12:23 PM
At least the game is against the Chiefs, who are very beatable. The Eagles should be able to get by with Kolb this week, then they have the bye and McNabb is back for Week 5. That is my hope...

eaglesalltheway
09-22-2009, 03:00 PM
At least the game is against the Chiefs, who are very beatable. The Eagles should be able to get by with Kolb this week, then they have the bye and McNabb is back for Week 5. That is my hope...

Mine as well. Kolb had some impressive moments in the game. He showed he is willing to stand in and make the throw needed when he knows he is going to get hammered. I hadn't completely given up on Kolb, but was pretty close. The game against the Saints brought a lot of hope back for me.

Todd Bertuzzi
09-22-2009, 03:23 PM
Mine as well. Kolb had some impressive moments in the game. He showed he is willing to stand in and make the throw needed when he knows he is going to get hammered. I hadn't completely given up on Kolb, but was pretty close. The game against the Saints brought a lot of hope back for me.

I feel the same way. I mean we should give him a legitimate shot before totally considering him a bust. It was only his first career start after all and he showed some good signs as mentioned.

camp_eagles
09-22-2009, 03:45 PM
Eagles - Chiefs projected starters:
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=18846
Interesting to see that Stacy isn't starting. I know hes being worked in slowly and sharing time at RG but did he lose it all together till hes 100%?

eaglesalltheway
09-22-2009, 10:39 PM
Eagles - Chiefs projected starters:
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=18846
Interesting to see that Stacy isn't starting. I know hes being worked in slowly and sharing time at RG but did he lose it all together till hes 100%?

Probably a good idea to make sure he is 100% healthy. Plus MJG is pretty damn good himself, so its not like we lose much, if anything with him in there.

Also...

Who else is impressed with Justice so far? He's done a pretty good job to say the least.

Sniper
09-23-2009, 08:26 AM
Probably a good idea to make sure he is 100% healthy. Plus MJG is pretty damn good himself, so its not like we lose much, if anything with him in there.

Also...

Who else is impressed with Justice so far? He's done a pretty good job to say the least.

Me. Very impressed,

Donovan listed as starting QB? :D

camp_eagles
09-23-2009, 06:12 PM
Im not sure about you guys but after watching Miami use the Wildcat so well on Monday night Im really excited to see what we do with it on Sunday.

If anyone hasnt seen the cartoon this week on the eagles websit do yourself a favour and skip it... Wait... Check that its actually the funniest thing that I have ever seen.
summary: Spadaro dresses up like a superhero??? and tells eagles fans to keep their faith.

Thumper
09-23-2009, 06:33 PM

Also...

Stacy was benched because he played awful and was clearly not coached correctly/well in Cincy according to many sources.

And MJG is not damn good. He is mediocre. For a man of his size he should be dominating in the run game and he simply does not do that, he is mediocre which is why you see such a drop-off between Shawn Andrews and MJG. MJG is mediocrity at its pinnacle and I want to see the Eagles give Mike McGlynn a shot at LG and move Nick Cole to RG which he is clearly better suited for.

And Justice gets SOOOO much help it isn't even funny. Not saying he isn't improved because he obviously is but don't think he has magically transformed into some kind of great RT because Brent Celek, Brian Westbrook, Shady McCoy or Alex Smith are helping him on nearly every single play.

You should read these:
http://www.igglesblog.com/iggles_blog/2009/09/saints-video-rewind.html
http://www.igglesblog.com/iggles_blog/2009/09/panthers-video-rewind.html
I'll just post the offensive line stuff:
Right guard continues to be a position of concern for this team. Last week, we mentioned the struggles of Stacy Andrews. Clearly the coaches agreed, because Stacy got to watch the Saints game from the sideline.

But MJG wasn't much better. And after a very good performance in week one -- which had me questioning my observation skills -- Nick Cole regressed to his usual so-so performance on the other side.

Of course, both guys had better weeks than King Dunlap, who -- surprise! -- made an appearance on the last series of the game, just long enough to almost get Kolb killed as the RDE went right around him. Since we have four quarterbacks on this team, but three of them are injured, old or complete unknowns, Peters came right back in.

Thank you for making us feel better about our tackle depth, King.

Back to the guards, here are some sample notes:

"MJG didn't sustain his block."

"Cole blew read."

(Next play) "Then he false started."

(Couple plays later) "Both guards' blocks beaten."

"Cole blew this block on the linebacker. At least this makes me feel better about my assessment of him."

"MJG didn't even get a hand on the DT, forcing the quick throw on the screen."

"This was on MJG."

"Neither guy (Jamaal Jackson or Nick Cole) blocked him. My assumption is JJ isn't the one who &%!$ed that up."

Justice getting help:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AvI5uAd20N4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AvI5uAd20N4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That's not a guy who's being left alone on an island. Which, obviously, is to the coaches' credit, because it would have been terrible to see Donovan taking a shot in this game that knocked him out a few weeks...

On the third example, you can even see the way they're stunting away from him. If you're going to use three guys to block the end, might as well swing that guy inside and try something new.

None of this is to say Justice didn't do well. He did. But in the passing game he got by with more than a little help from his friends.

In the run game, I thought Justice was very solid. Surprisingly solid. I posted that video yesterday where he made a great, sustained block -- even though he wasn't at the point of initial attack -- and even went out and cleaned up around the pile. Suffice it to say, he had a lot of good blocks out there, the same way most of the rest of the line did.

Thumper
09-23-2009, 06:36 PM
Also, I read on twitter an Eagles beat writer (don't remember his name) wrote that Shady McCoy might be starting this week.

Also if DeSean can't go (groin), Reggie Brown would start at the X and if Kevin Curtis can't go (knee) Jeremy Maclin would start at the Z.

Sniper
09-23-2009, 06:38 PM
There's nothing wrong with helping Justice out. Whatever keeps our QB on his two feet. I'll always wonder why he never got help in the Osi game.

camp_eagles
09-23-2009, 08:36 PM
I'll always wonder why he never got help in the Osi game.

That was definitely one of the biggest coaching mistakes in recent memory.

With the Stacy thing the Eagles normally take a little longer than two games to decide if a big money FA is a bust. But I could be wrong and probably am.

camp_eagles
09-24-2009, 04:08 PM
Roster Move eagles sign TE Martin Rucker to the PS formerly a Browns 2008 fourth round pick from Mizzou.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=18865

does anyone know anything about him other than hes an excellent athlete who cant block?

eaglesalltheway
09-25-2009, 01:22 PM
He has real nice hands, was a big contributor to Mizzou's offense while he was there. Him and Chase Coffman were major factors in the passing game along with Maclin.

Todd Bertuzzi
09-27-2009, 03:40 PM
I know it was the Chiefs, but we can take some positives out of this game. Kolb looked good and I'm not ready to give up on him yet. The bye week should do us well with all the injuries we have.

eaglesalltheway
09-28-2009, 03:10 PM
I know it was the Chiefs, but we can take some positives out of this game. Kolb looked good and I'm not ready to give up on him yet. The bye week should do us well with all the injuries we have.

Sniper, how do you feel about Kolb now? The only player in FNL history to have 2 300+ yard games to start his career...

I realize who the games were against, but he showed a lot of pieces to his game that have me confident in him for the future. I'm not going to say I'm totally sold yet, but I at least am not nearly as worried about the future of the QB situation like I was two weeks ago.

Also... Can we establish that Brent Celek is legit?

I felt confident in him going into the season, but now I am sure we have a very good TE on this team...

camp_eagles
09-28-2009, 07:52 PM
Trotter Was brought in for another work out today. I wonder if he is offered a contract if his roll is to be a Leader, special teamer and situational LB, or did they just bring him in for a workout to light a fire under Gaither and Mays.
Also correct me if im wrong but wasnt he a demon on special teams back in 04 before taking the starting job from Mark?

eaglesalltheway
09-28-2009, 10:50 PM
Trotter Was brought in for another work out today. I wonder if he is offered a contract if his roll is to be a Leader, special teamer and situational LB, or did they just bring him in for a workout to light a fire under Gaither and Mays.
Also correct me if im wrong but wasnt he a demon on special teams back in 04 before taking the starting job from Mark?

I honestly don't remember, but I hope they don't bring Trott back, would drive me crazy...

bsaza2358
09-29-2009, 11:32 AM
I doubt the Eagles will bring Trotter back. There just isn't any value there, IMO. He makes more money than most of the young kids they drafted, and he probably doesn't have the skill set.

Now... If the team believes that Gaither is not the answer at MIKE, and they need a 2-down MIKE to get in there and thump, then Trott could be an answer. However, I don't see the value. He would cost a lot, would be a good leader, but the team is playing well. Hard to offer him a roster spot.

eaglesalltheway
09-29-2009, 11:47 AM
I doubt the Eagles will bring Trotter back. There just isn't any value there, IMO. He makes more money than most of the young kids they drafted, and he probably doesn't have the skill set.

Now... If the team believes that Gaither is not the answer at MIKE, and they need a 2-down MIKE to get in there and thump, then Trott could be an answer. However, I don't see the value. He would cost a lot, would be a good leader, but the team is playing well. Hard to offer him a roster spot.

Exactly, that's why I am not necessarily a big fan of this move, and I don't really feel like it is goiing to happen.

bsaza2358
09-29-2009, 12:26 PM
I will say this: IF the Eagles think that Trotter has potential as a coach, bringing him in to see how well he understands the system could be a nice precursor for giving him a job there. The guy understands what JJ wanted from his LB's. He was a coach on the field. Could be an interesting move on that end...

bsaza2358
09-29-2009, 01:47 PM
According to FoxSports.com's Jay Glazer, the Eagles have agreed to terms with LB Jeremiah Trotter on a one-year contract.
This will be the four-time Pro Bowler's third stint with the team. Omar Gaither and Joe Mays have both battled nagging injuries of late, so the 32-year-old will provide insurance against the run. Trotter had major knee issues when he last played in 2007, so we wouldn't expect much out of him. Source: Jay Glazer on Twitter (http://twitter.com/Jay_Glazer/status/4476479318)

Sniper
09-29-2009, 01:50 PM
Uh, cool, I guess?

brat316
09-29-2009, 03:17 PM
WTF reallly, he retires in about 2 weeks maybe 3.

There was no one else to play MLB?

bsaza2358
09-29-2009, 03:52 PM
Trotter knows the basic system already and the guys in the locker room. The coaches are comfortable with him. Not the worst move...

eaglesalltheway
09-29-2009, 04:59 PM
Ehh, its not really a great move IMO, but this is most likely definitevly the end of Garcia this season...

Go_Eagles77
09-29-2009, 09:04 PM
Yep, in fact Garcia was already cut. Trotter says his knees feel better than ever and apparently the coaches/trainers feel good about it too so I am cautiously optimistic about this.

brat316
09-29-2009, 09:05 PM
Yep, in fact Garcia was already cut. Trotter says his knees feel better than ever and apparently the coaches/trainers feel good about it too so I am cautiously optimistic about this.

how does his mind feel.

eaglesalltheway
09-29-2009, 09:25 PM

I still don't think he will come out and make a big difference for us, but if he is here for depth and to spark competition, there really isn't anything wrong with it I guess.

bsaza2358
09-30-2009, 10:41 AM
I think Trotter can play in certain situations. The problem is that he cannot cover at all. He is a huge liability in any passing situation. However, in terms of locker room leadership and teaching young guys and knowing the scheme, he is excellent. The problem is that those intangibles don't make up for his issues on the field. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think Trotter will make that much of an impact this season on the field.

eaglesalltheway
09-30-2009, 05:00 PM
I think Trotter can play in certain situations. The problem is that he cannot cover at all. He is a huge liability in any passing situation. However, in terms of locker room leadership and teaching young guys and knowing the scheme, he is excellent. The problem is that those intangibles don't make up for his issues on the field. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think Trotter will make that much of an impact this season on the field.

If you are wrong, so am I, because I agree. I'm just not sure hwo this is really going to make the team that much better...

Go_Eagles77
09-30-2009, 05:11 PM
Like Bsaza said, at worst he is a great leadership presence to have in the locker room that we lack since Dawk left.

Sniper
09-30-2009, 05:40 PM
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2009/9/30/1062466/desean-jackson-named-nfc-special

DeBeast is the NFC STPOTM.

bigbluedefense
10-06-2009, 04:25 PM
Who's starting at FS? Demps or Macho?

I thought Demps was going to have a big year, but from what Ive heard, he has been disappointing.

Thumper
10-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Dissapointing? That doesn't cover it, he isn't even active for these games, he has sucked on special teams and defense and he was usurped by Macho Harris, a 5th round rookie who is switching positions. I think that alone should tell you how Demps is doing.

But, I've been pleasently surprised by Macho, he isn't getting beat in coverage (he is playing deep) and he is tackling fairly well, not great, but he stops his man every time, he has had 2-3 interceptions hit his fingers and he dropped them and he is doing pretty well on the blitz. I think that when he finally catches up to speed he should be a much better option than Demps.

bigbluedefense
10-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Dissapointing? That doesn't cover it, he isn't even active for these games, he has sucked on special teams and defense and he was usurped by Macho Harris, a 5th round rookie who is switching positions. I think that alone should tell you how Demps is doing.

But, I've been pleasently surprised by Macho, he isn't getting beat in coverage (he is playing deep) and he is tackling fairly well, not great, but he stops his man every time, he has had 2-3 interceptions hit his fingers and he dropped them and he is doing pretty well on the blitz. I think that when he finally catches up to speed he should be a much better option than Demps.

Wow, what happened? He had shown flashes, I thought he was going to be serviceable at worst.

And he was damn good at returning kicks. Why deactivate him? I know you have Jackson and Maclin and Hobbs, but I think Hobbs is overrated as a returner, and you want to save Jackson's energy, and I think Demps is a better kick returner than Maclin.

cunningham06
10-07-2009, 02:26 PM
Wow, what happened? He had shown flashes, I thought he was going to be serviceable at worst.

And he was damn good at returning kicks. Why deactivate him? I know you have Jackson and Maclin and Hobbs, but I think Hobbs is overrated as a returner, and you want to save Jackson's energy, and I think Demps is a better kick returner than Maclin.

That's the only reason I want him on the active roster. Ever since watching him plow over Gostkowski I have liked him as a return man. I didn't think he was ready for the starting job after the season ended and Dawk left. Sure he showed flashes, but not enough to warrant letting Dawkins go. Thank god we have Macho he has been a very pleasant surprise so far.

Sniper
10-07-2009, 02:32 PM
And he was damn good at returning kicks. Why deactivate him? I know you have Jackson and Maclin and Hobbs, but I think Hobbs is overrated as a returner, and you want to save Jackson's energy,

Jackson never returned kicks. Hobbs is 12th in average kick return.

and I think Demps is a better kick returner than Maclin.

Hard to tell considering Maclin's returned one kick.

Sniper
10-07-2009, 04:57 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/07/bye-week-allows-most-eagles-to-get-healed/

Take it away, PFT...

Only one player missed practice due to injury.

Absent was guard Todd Herremanns, who has been battling a foot injury.

All other injured players fully participated in practice: receiver Kevin Curtis (knee), safety Quintin Demps (hamstring), cornerback Ellis Hobbs (illness), guard Max Jean-Gilles (shoulder), tackle Winston Justice (hamstring), quarterback Donovan McNabb (rib), cornerback Dimitri Patterson (hand), and running back Brian Westbrook (ankle).

Coach Andy Reid has said that McNabb and Westbrook will start on Sunday.

Happy panda.

Thumper
10-07-2009, 05:04 PM
I want Shady starting, not Westbrook.

The Westbrook era is over, he has lost all the burst that made him special. It is time to start the Shady McCoy era.

camp_eagles
10-07-2009, 08:31 PM
I want Shady starting, not Westbrook.

The Westbrook era is over, he has lost all the burst that made him special. It is time to start the Shady McCoy era.

Im going to have to go ahead and disagree I will admit it Westbrook has lost a bit more than a step but to completely remove him from the Offense would be dumb. I would prefer something like a 60-40 or 55-45 split of Wesbrook - Shady over completely giving the job to Shady

BamaFalcon59
10-07-2009, 08:49 PM
Wasn't Westbrook pretty good last season?

He lost a step that fast?

Thumper
10-07-2009, 11:33 PM

He just screwed up, he went out like he had the job on lockdown, he underachieved in the pre-season and then he mouthed off to the coaching staff about not being announced the starter yet. Then, Macho Harris was doing just as good and playing with more passion so the coaches said "WTF? Lets give it a shot" and it is working. And then you add in a couple penalties and all of a sudden, Macho Harris is starting over Demps and Sean Jones has his active roster spot.

BamaFalcon59
10-08-2009, 12:39 AM
Yup yup. Macho Harris!

Love it.

If he can make it through his first season he will become a real player for y'all. He is a natural playmaker and leader, so people saying he is now just playing his role is good to hear.

eaglesalltheway
10-08-2009, 07:18 AM
Jackson never returned kicks. Hobbs is 12th in average kick return.

Hard to tell considering Maclin's returned one kick.

I honestly think we should have Demps back at returner. I've said it before about him, but he has that return style of a downhill runner and is sure handed. Hobbs isn't. And based off of what I've seen from Maclin in the preseason and so far, he does not have a future as a returner in the NFL.

Thumper
10-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Is anyone else surprised at how good this rookie class is? I knew they were talented but I doubt anyone could tell me that they would be this important this fast.

Look at this team, Shady McCoy is currently splitting carries with Westbrook and is the leading NFC rookie rusher.
Jeremy Maclin is about to start his second game in place of Kevin Curtis.
Macho Harris has been the starting FS since his first game.

And, in addition Cornelius Ingram looked like he was a stud TE before he injured his knee again.
Moises Fokou is the second string SLB and was the team's best SLB
Fenuki Tupou might be the teams starting RG next season depending on whether or not the Eagles let Max Jean-Giles go.
Brandon Gibson was a pre-season star who looks like a good young receiver.

I am really liking the youth movement the Eagles are having and this class might be the best draft class of Andy's tenure as the Eagles coach and it might be the draft that carries him into success in the next era of Eagles when Westbrook and McNabb are gone in a few years time.

Go_Eagles77
10-09-2009, 09:48 PM
Is anyone else surprised at how good this rookie class is? I knew they were talented but I doubt anyone could tell me that they would be this important this fast.

Look at this team, Shady McCoy is currently splitting carries with Westbrook and is the leading NFC rookie rusher.
Jeremy Maclin is about to start his second game in place of Kevin Curtis.
Macho Harris has been the starting FS since his first game.

And, in addition Cornelius Ingram looked like he was a stud TE before he injured his knee again.
Moises Fokou is the second string SLB and was the team's best SLB
Fenuki Tupou might be the teams starting RG next season depending on whether or not the Eagles let Max Jean-Giles go.
Brandon Gibson was a pre-season star who looks like a good young receiver.

I am really liking the youth movement the Eagles are having and this class might be the best draft class of Andy's tenure as the Eagles coach and it might be the draft that carries him into success in the next era of Eagles when Westbrook and McNabb are gone in a few years time.

I agree with everything except the bold. Tupou didn't prove anything this pre-season and they just signed Stacy Andrews to a multi-year deal. When he's fully healthy it's his job. Nick Cole also has the upper hand over Tupou.

Thumper
10-10-2009, 06:32 PM
Woah, Stacy Andrews isn't playing because he was benched for sucking, not because he isn't healthy. And just so you know there is a one year opt out deal in his contract for that reason alone.

http://www.igglesblog.com/iggles_blog/2009/09/refresher-on-the-andrews-brothers-deals.html

Stacy's contract was reported to be a staggering (for a guy coming off of knee surgery who as it turned out was going to be moved to guard) 6 years and $38.7 million. But the Eagles didn't put in much guaranteed money. In fact, "all" they are on the hook for during 2009 is $1.62 million of base salary, a $3 million roster bonus, and a $500K workout bonus, for a total of $5.12 million. They also put in a $31,250 per game appeared in roster bonus, for a potential additional total of $500K. The remaining 5 years of the deal are worth about $32.9 million. If the Eagles decide to move in another direction, they are off the hook for that money in its entirety.

Both he and his brother should be gone next year IMO. And if either Nick Cole or MJG leave in free agency, Tupou might become the starter because neither have performed well this year.

Splat
10-10-2009, 06:55 PM
Reid, Eagles have started negotiations (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/10/reid-eagles-have-started-negotiations/)

Thumper
10-11-2009, 07:01 PM
And... Maclin explodes!

6 catches 142 yards and 2 touchdowns. That is exactly what he was brought in to do, he made no mistake all game. He looked like a stud out there today. But he doesn't get all the credit, DeSean was doubled all game which allowed Maclin to get open. So, we're one step closer to having a deadly WR duo where the opposing teams have to pick their poison.

Maclin and Jackson FTW! I'm super excited.

superman8456
10-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Easy guys. Maclin exploded over terrible DB's, but yes this is obviously a good sign.

Sniper
10-12-2009, 08:13 AM
Easy guys. Maclin exploded over terrible DB's, but yes this is obviously a good sign.

Still better than Curtis.

camp_eagles
10-14-2009, 09:46 AM
I cant believe the immediate production we are getting from this years draft. I honestly only expected it from McCoy but Maclin is looking good especially for a WR coming from the spread into our system and after missing alot of TC. Macho is starting and doing well, and Fokou is playing ST's.

D-Unit
10-14-2009, 05:49 PM
I cant believe the immediate production we are getting from this years draft. I honestly only expected it from McCoy but Maclin is looking good especially for a WR coming from the spread into our system and after missing alot of TC. Macho is starting and doing well, and Fokou is playing ST's.
That is how I wish I felt about Dallas' draft.

camp_eagles
10-14-2009, 06:02 PM
That is how I wish I felt about Dallas' draft.

The good news is David Buehler is doing the job he was drafted to do.

eaglesalltheway
10-17-2009, 12:03 AM
If Tupuo is starting anywhere for us next year, we are screwed. I've seen more of him here than anyone, I am safely willing to bet, and he is nothing special, not at all. He is slow, not even quick, not strong enough to make up for his lack of speed and quickness. He has decent size and has some aggression, but that is really it. At best he is depth for us...

eaglesalltheway
10-17-2009, 12:04 AM
^ But the rest of our rookie class... :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

D-Unit
10-18-2009, 06:43 PM
So how exactly does it feel to lose to Al Davis' Raiders? Thanks for that.

bernbabybern820
10-18-2009, 06:45 PM
Ok guys i post this in the Raiders section but i'll post it here too:

Philly coaching FAAAIIILLL.

Ok this is what happens when you call a timeout at friggen 2:02.

Lets say they let the clock run down to the 2 minute warning with one timeout. You force the Raiders to run the ball to force Philly to burn their timeout.

Instead..... They use their last timeout with 2:02. This allows the Raiders to pass the ball one more time since it's going to hit the 2 minute warning anyways.

O well a win is a win!

Todd Bertuzzi
10-18-2009, 07:16 PM
I ******* hate Antonio Pierce.

Go_Eagles77
10-18-2009, 08:06 PM
Ok guys i post this in the Raiders section but i'll post it here too:
That's hardly the only thing the eagles coaches failed at today, but good point.

superman8456
10-18-2009, 08:23 PM
I'm not going to even blame the coaching because thats not the direct reason we lost.

David Akers time in Philadelphia is about up in my opinion. He's beyond his prime and this loss will fall squarely on his shoulders this week. Two field goals missed is not a good day.

He at least needs some competition next year.

Todd Bertuzzi
10-18-2009, 08:27 PM
I'm not going to even blame the coaching because thats not the direct reason we lost.

David Akers time in Philadelphia is about up in my opinion. He's beyond his prime and this loss will fall squarely on his shoulders this week. Two field goals missed is not a good day.

He at least needs some competition next year.

The first one wasn't his fault since it was a bad snap, but I agree that his time is up here.

Sniper
10-18-2009, 08:32 PM
48 passes, 12 rushes. That ultra pass-heavy gameplan always works, Andy.

Go_Eagles77
10-18-2009, 08:34 PM
48 passes, 12 rushes. That ultra pass-heavy gameplan always works, Andy.
And it's not even like we couldn't run the ball, Westbrook had some nice runs the 6 or 7 times they handed it to him.

Sniper
10-18-2009, 08:37 PM
And it's not even like we couldn't run the ball, Westbrook had some nice runs the 6 or 7 times they handed it to him.

Sorry, 46 and 14. Westbrook only averaged 8.3 yards per carry today. This clearly shows they should pass the ball more. 8.3 vs. 5.8 ypa for McNabb. Yeah, throw it some more.

******* imbecile (Reid, not you). Trotter ******* blows, Everyone and their mom knew a pass was coming, except for you, dipshit.

Go_Eagles77
10-18-2009, 08:56 PM
I wanna know why Trotter was on the field in that situation in the first place.

D-Unit
10-18-2009, 09:39 PM
I love this! Can I jump in and talk about your crappy team and coaching?

Todd Bertuzzi
10-18-2009, 09:40 PM

Wrong forum.

If you want to talk about a crappy team and coaching this is the place http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=931&page=559

cunningham06
10-18-2009, 10:16 PM
I'm still in shock over the events that transpired today...

herniateddisc
10-18-2009, 11:13 PM
The good news is David Buehler is doing the job he was drafted to do.

Only pick in three years worth crap in Dallas if you think about it.

The rest are either injured or flakes.

bsaza2358
10-20-2009, 12:45 PM

You are welcome to do so in a productive manner (see BBD's work).

bsaza2358
10-20-2009, 12:48 PM
I didn't get a chance to watch the game. I was in a wedding on Sunday that started at 4:30, and because I was part of the wedding party, I was kind of on call. I'm kind of glad I wasn't able to watch it, but I'll try to look at the replay on NFL Network. I'm reading that the offensive line (playing with 4 backups) was abused, and that Trotter clearly can't cover anyone. Those are some significant issues.

BTW, it is worth noting that Herremens and Peters should play Monday. That is heartening...