PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Eagles Discussion

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Pit Bull #53
12-30-2006, 11:56 PM
How has my boy Omar Gaither been? He's been starting recently right?

jblaze66
12-31-2006, 12:21 AM

He has looked very good filling in for Matt McCoy on the weakside, very strong against the run, and solid in coverage. I would really like to see them have Omar battle it out with Gocong next year for the starting SLB spot.

12-31-2006, 09:13 AM

He has looked very good filling in for Matt McCoy on the weakside, very strong against the run, and solid in coverage. I would really like to see them have Omar battle it out with Gocong next year for the starting SLB spot.

He should get the SLB start.
The Eagles are set though wuth the DLine. Mike Patterson, Darwin Walker or Bunkley, Kearse, Cole or Howard who will be strting out of them

Dillen
12-31-2006, 11:21 AM
Darwin Walker is awful. He actually showed up last game, but that was the first time since like week 4. I'd love for the Eagles to trade him for a 4th rounder or so, to a team that only sees his production with 6 sacks or whatever it is.

Next year it should be Kearse - Patterson - Bunkley - Howard but I wouldn't be surprised to see Rayburn start.

oscar
12-31-2006, 11:34 AM
Definately agree with you there. We got to get Walker out here. It's time to get Bunkley some more reps. And, I don't think Gocong has a chance to start over Gaither. Gaither has looked really solid for us. We have yet to see anything from Gocon which is partially from the injury.

Dillen
12-31-2006, 11:58 AM
Gaither wont start at SLB next year. They started him at MLB this year and now he's playing WLB, they're not going to have him learn a 3rd position in his 2nd year.

We haven't seen anything from Gocong entirely due to his injury. He didn't even play in the preseason.

Eaglez.Fan
12-31-2006, 04:43 PM
Divsion Champs!

We mixed up the o-line quite abit going with Herremans - Jackson - Cole - Young - Andrews

I really want Justice to play in teh 2nd half though

cunningham06
12-31-2006, 05:21 PM
Darwin Walker is awful. He actually showed up last game, but that was the first time since like week 4. I'd love for the Eagles to trade him for a 4th rounder or so, to a team that only sees his production with 6 sacks or whatever it is.

Next year it should be Kearse - Patterson - Bunkley - Howard but I wouldn't be surprised to see Rayburn start.

Well Bunkley has been looking good in this game so far, he's letting himself get turned around and having to backpedal but thats just a rookie mistake that can be fixed. Kearse Cole Howard will be a great end rotation again. I really like Mike Patterson he takes up a lot of double teams, but Walker is the worst, he rarely ever does anything about it. We get absolutely no push from the defensive tackles because Walker never does it. Bunkley looks physical out there and has gotten double teamed quite a bit himself.

Dillen
12-31-2006, 05:34 PM
I really want Justice to play in teh 2nd half though
He's inactive.

Bunkley has looked good. They just changed to the SF - DEN game though.

oscar
12-31-2006, 06:37 PM
How did Baskettt look? I saw the stats and they were great. Did he have any drops cause his hands are his main problem

Dillen
12-31-2006, 06:38 PM
How did Baskettt look? I saw the stats and they were great. Did he have any drops cause his hands are his main problem
Yeah, he dropped a slant.

oscar
12-31-2006, 06:45 PM
Yeah, he dropped a slant.

Well, at least it was only one. I like this guy, but he needs to work a bit more on his hands.

01-01-2007, 01:33 AM
I blame our success to the run game with Westbrook my fave player. If we ran more with Mcnabb here we would probably be 14-2 or sumthing.

ANyways considering that Feeley played great, who thinks that he could have played just has good as Garcia if he was in the past 5 weeks.

Eaglez.Fan
01-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Paul Posluszny is haveing an amazing game vs Tennessee, I know some of u guys don't want him, but he looks for real during this game. And he's playing in the middle

cunningham06
01-01-2007, 03:42 PM
One thing I noticed during the game is that Considine gets good positioning to make big plays but the guy can't catch he had one interception but he should have had 3. I do not like Considine as a starter, we need to draft a safety.

cunningham06
01-02-2007, 07:07 PM
Damn Koy Detmer is back on the roster. :(

AlexDown
01-02-2007, 11:50 PM

Is Omar Jacobs still on your team? Has he been on the sidelines?

jblaze66
01-03-2007, 12:55 AM

He's on the Practice Squad still

Eaglez.Fan
01-03-2007, 09:21 AM

He's on the Practice Squad still

I actually really liked him, at the combine he was one of the best QB's there, in terms of performance. he was passing with great touch and accuracy. I was suprised how far he fell. And he's better than Detmer, also Detmer is old so there's not much point of putting him in, but I guess they know what there doing

WolverinesFan45
01-03-2007, 11:28 AM
Detmer is only back to hold kicks for David Akers. Don't think anything of the signing besides that we wont have to worry about botched snaps on XPs or FGs. David has always said he loved Detmer as the holder.

bsaza2358
01-03-2007, 03:55 PM
I'm fine having Koy back to hold kicks. He always did that well, and it was the main reason why he was on the team the last few seasons. As long as he's performing well in that role, I am happy to have him back as an Eagle.

bsaza2358
01-03-2007, 03:56 PM
I have said several times that picking up Jacobs and stashing him on the practice squad and in NFL Europe will do the team a ton of good. I think he has a tremendous skill set, and he should be a commodity that the coaches can develop nicely.

Eaglez.Fan
01-04-2007, 08:41 AM
Being Stallworth is still unsigned, and Dwayne Bowe is expected to go around the late 1st, I would be very happy with we drafting Bowe. He has all the physical tools to be very good. I did catch the LSU game last night and he did play pretty good, but Russell only looked his way on 4-5 ocasions.

Here's what Scott said on him:

HERE (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/dwaynebowe.html)

bsaza2358
01-04-2007, 09:00 AM
The Eagles didn't extend Stallworth to avoid upgrading the pick they traded to a third rounder. I'm guessing there have been talks about resigning him once he becomes a FA, but they're not going to give up a third rounder, when they can wait and give up only a 4th.

Dillen
01-04-2007, 01:47 PM
You can bet Stallworth is going to get an offer very quickly, he's easily the best FA WR this year...it'll drive the price up. If Reid really would take the risk of losing Stallworth just so he doesn't lose a 3rd rounder he needs his head examined. Stallworth is going to be miles better than any 3rd rounder. I'm willing to bet he's better than ANY 3rd rounder the Eagles have drafted under Reid, other than Westbrook. Hell, he'd probably be better than any 2nd rounder the Eagles have had.

The Eagles aren't so good at drafting in the 2nd - 3rd round that they can't afford to lose a pick. They find good players in the first and then find many good players on the 2nd day. The last Modrak draft was 1998 so the 1999 draft was Reid's first. Look at his later day 1 picks.

Doug Brzezinski
Bobbie Williams
Derrick Burgess
Quinton Caver
Michael Lewis
Sheldon Brown
Brian Westbrook
L.J Smith
Billy McMullen
Matt Ware
Matt McCoy
Ryan Moats

The bolded are good players. McCoy and Moats are decent but shouldn't be counted as hitting on a pick.

Stallworth needs to be re-signed. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he doesnt, which would frustrate the hel out of me.

bsaza2358
01-04-2007, 02:03 PM
If they don't resign Stallworth, it will be a waste of a 4th round pick on a guy who barely got a chance to work with McNabb due to injuries to both players. After all, why bring him in if you're not going to keep him? Seems very unlike Reid/Heckert to make that kind of move.

sirsmokealot28
01-04-2007, 08:51 PM
oh they already talked about why stallworth was a good fit and one of the main reasons was his age. they were excited about him making an impact for years to come, and likely the rest of mcnabb's career. now the eagles have a solid corp of young recievers who all have big play ability. i think its stallworth, brown, baskett next season.

bsaza2358
01-05-2007, 08:35 AM
If I think I have any idea about Andy Reid and Heckert, they're stalling on the deal to avoid the upgrade, or they're focused on the playoffs right now and will deal with Dante after the season. I would be shocked not to see him back next season as WR1/2 with Brown.

bsaza2358
01-05-2007, 08:36 AM
On a different note, is anyone completely scared because a bunch of people have jumped on the bandwagon early? George Michael, a sportscasting institution in DC, picked the Eagles to win the NFC, and a bunch of other analysts are on board as well. This is just not good to me. I'd rather be the underdog. Thoughts?

Eaglez.Fan
01-05-2007, 09:33 AM
On a different note, is anyone completely scared because a bunch of people have jumped on the bandwagon early? George Michael, a sportscasting institution in DC, picked the Eagles to win the NFC, and a bunch of other analysts are on board as well. This is just not good to me. I'd rather be the underdog. Thoughts?

Yah, I'd have to agree with you. More often then not when the conferance is as wide open as it is, the team with the less pressure or the underdog comes through. Hopefully Reid keeps them in check though

sirsmokealot28
01-05-2007, 10:14 AM

yeah! even on cold pizza both skip bayless and the new guy that replaced woody paige played out the playoffs and BOTH have philadelphia playing san diego and losing in the superbowl.

i think its the popular pick b/c at this point in time philadelphia has emerged as the premiere team in the NFC besides the saints, who are clearly playing on emotion, and almost lost to the eagles earlier this season. i think the toughest game of the run will be the first one. i think playing on the road in new orleans is going to be easier than playing the new york giants for a THIRD time. i'm not looking past this game yet, so i'm not gonna even humor the thought of a superbowl. i just hope the seahawks dont finally come around now.

bsaza2358
01-05-2007, 01:41 PM
They say the rule is, "pick the team with the best defense or the hottest team". The Bears have the most talented defense, but the Eagles have been hottest. I can see why the Eagles are a hot pick, but I'm very nervous about the attention. I almost feel like it will jinx the team...

cunningham06
01-06-2007, 11:50 AM
Damn it I hate all this media attention, just let the Eagles do their business, and if they do well, then we can all call them a wonderful cinderella story.

sirsmokealot28
01-06-2007, 04:59 PM
its still the saints conference to lose as far as i'm concerned, and am treating this like i did the last 5 games

Dillen
01-07-2007, 07:05 PM
What a game. Suck that Lito dislocated his elbow, but he'll be back.

Westbrook is jesus.

bsaza2358
01-07-2007, 07:38 PM
Will Lito come back next week or the week after after a dislocated elbow? That's just crazy...

Dillen
01-07-2007, 07:39 PM
I don't really know. Dislocated elbows are usually at least 2 weeks...I'd bet he'd be there for the NFCCG if/when they make it that far.

Eaglez.Fan
01-07-2007, 07:53 PM
wooooowhoooooooooooooo

Good game :twisted:

Westy is amazing, and our o-line played very well

Number 10
01-07-2007, 08:08 PM
Great game guys. I'll be pulling for you next week and the rest of the way should you win.

But one thing.

My hatred for Jon Runyan has reached an all time high. He is a bleeepin low life.

Eaglez.Fan
01-07-2007, 08:31 PM
My hatred for Jon Runyan has reached an all time high. He is a bleeepin low life.

omg, that play was hilarious, Runyan takes out 2 guys and we don't lose anything, I was laughing my head off

Jimmy
01-07-2007, 08:32 PM
guys just wanted to say you have a hell of a talent in westbrook, should be a pro-bowler. Im rooting for you in the nfc now that my broncos are out.

Number 10
01-07-2007, 08:34 PM

omg, that play was hilarious, Runyan takes out 2 guys and we don't lose anything, I was laughing my head off

He did get owned by Cofield.

sirsmokealot28
01-07-2007, 08:54 PM
its clear westbrook and dawkins are the driving forces on this team right now. the team showed resilience in what i thought was going to be the toughest test they will face in the playoffs. i felt like the team was never in panic mode and controlled the flow for most of the game. if they continue this gameplan, into the future years with mcnabb at qb they will have extended success.

cunningham06
01-07-2007, 10:30 PM
Great game guys. I'll be pulling for you next week and the rest of the way should you win.

But one thing.

Haha yes he is and that is what I like about him. I seriously don't know many offensive linemen who cheat more than Runyan, but he's a veteran and knows how to get away with it. That late hit and then us not getting any penalty was hilarious. Good game though, that was a great game.

jblaze66
01-07-2007, 10:50 PM

Yes but thanks to him Runyan's actions went unpenalized, I heard that B. Short was punching LJ on the ground and thats why Runyan did it.

Number 10
01-07-2007, 10:54 PM

Yes but thanks to him Runyan's actions went unpenalized, I heard that B. Short was punching LJ on the ground and thats why Runyan did it.

I rewatched it....Short pushed off Smith to get up...which happens on almost every play. Runyan's plays were uncalled for.

bsaza2358
01-08-2007, 08:41 AM
When I first saw it, I immediately thought, "oh $%&@#! Runyan's out of here..." While a lot of stuff happens at the bottom of a pile. it's completely moronic to haul off and hit someone after the play like that. Not only once, but twice. Objectively, I think Runyan was very lucky not to be ejected, and the Eagles are lucky that Colfield bailed them out.

While I LOVE the nastiness that Runyan brings to the field, I did not like this play at all. However, I will say that Runyan did have a pretty good game this week.

Green Kool Aid
01-08-2007, 10:38 AM

I rewatched it....Short pushed off Smith to get up...which happens on almost every play. Runyan's plays were uncalled for.

I don't know if Runyan saw Short puching whoever the Eagle was, but I also definitely saw the Giant (Short?) punching an Eagle in the nuts. Runyan pushed two guys and Colfield pushed back.

I think the penalties should offset because the Eagle is getting punched in the nuts on the replay. The refs may not have seen it, but in a playoff game, it was one of the few things the refs got right. That way they didn't affect the outcome of the game.

If you are saying Runyan should get kicked out, then so should Colfield because he pushed Runyan after the refs got in the middle. In fact, he pushed RUnyan into the ref. The nutcracker should also get fined.

bigbluedefense
01-08-2007, 12:01 PM
Congrats on the win guys. Very close game, well fought. The stats down the line were damn near equal, and it reflected itself on the scoreboard. Philly was the better team that day, and deserved to win.

Eaglez.Fan
01-08-2007, 02:55 PM
This draft is getting so deep with all these players declaring, I hope more do so there's a higher chance that some quality players are there in the late 20's. I'm pumped

bsaza2358
01-08-2007, 03:02 PM
Congrats on the win guys. Very close game, well fought. The stats down the line were damn near equal, and it reflected itself on the scoreboard. Philly was the better team that day, and deserved to win.

Appreciate the kudos, BBC. I think the Giants played much better than I expected, but they just didn't have enough firepower to seal the deal when it mattered. 3 possessions in the first quarter inside the Eagles 50, zero points...

bsaza2358
01-08-2007, 03:03 PM
This draft is getting so deep with all these players declaring, I hope more do so there's a higher chance that some quality players are there in the late 20's. I'm pumped

We haven't even seen the major rush that's going to come after the national championship game. There are a bunch of players on both of these teams to look at for next season. I'm confident the Eagles can get an impact player at their draft spot. If not, they'll trade back and reload. The team needs to get younger at DE (Kearse and Howard are older), ILB, and safety.

Go_Eagles77
01-08-2007, 04:52 PM

But one thing.

...Says the fan of the most undisciplined team in football.

bsaza2358
01-08-2007, 04:59 PM

But one thing.

Now, now, let's not disrespect the Bengals and Raiders fans out there...

Go_Eagles77
01-08-2007, 05:16 PM

But one thing.

All right I'll give you the Bengals. :lol:

bsaza2358
01-08-2007, 05:18 PM

But one thing.

All right I'll give you the Bengals. :lol:

Don't mess with the Giants fans after a tough loss. These guys are generally stand up kind of fans and good posters. Jug, #10, and BBD are awesome guys. Keep it more good natured than anything else.

Dillen
01-08-2007, 06:09 PM
With all the early entries, the draft is turning out to look real good. Here's my list, using players that aren't lock top 10s.

1 FS Reggie Nelson
2 FS Laron Landry
3 ILB Patrick Willis
4a FS Michael Griffin
4b CB Darrelle Revis
6 SLB Lawrence Timmons
7 WR Sidney Rice
8 RT Levi Brown
9 RT Joe Staley
10 WR Ted Ginn
11 FS Eric Weddle

Of course, Nelson and Landry would play SS first.

bsaza2358
01-09-2007, 08:32 AM
I think Nelson is going to be a top 10 pick. Just a hunch. Big game last night, huge season, amazing talent. He'll probably have better measurables than Landry, which equates to stronger draft status. I'm guessing Landry will fall some, but maybe not down to the Eagles.

I think Willis goes in the top 15. I doubt he gets past Buffalo. Just a hunch there.

I think Griffin might be our pick. Again, my hunch, and I would love it.

bigbluedefense
01-09-2007, 01:15 PM
Please don't get Reggie Nelson. We need him! OH DEAR GOD WE NEED HIM!!!

:cry:

But seriously, I think Laron Landry fits the bill more. Dawkins could mold him better than Reggie. Landry has potential to be a Dawkins clone, whereas Reggie seems to be more of an Ed Reed.

Either would be a great choice though. But with the depth at safety this year, I have a feeling you land Griffin in the 2nd round and go LB in the first.

bigbluedefense
01-09-2007, 01:17 PM
I think Nelson is going to be a top 10 pick. Just a hunch. Big game last night, huge season, amazing talent. He'll probably have better measurables than Landry, which equates to stronger draft status. I'm guessing Landry will fall some, but maybe not down to the Eagles.

I think Willis goes in the top 15. I doubt he gets past Buffalo. Just a hunch there.

I think Griffin might be our pick. Again, my hunch, and I would love it.

Whats the chances you guys nab a DE? The DE class is getting deep, and a quality DE will fall in this draft guaranteed. With Kearse's health concerns, I could see Abriamiri, or Anthony Spencer in an Eagles uniform. Maybe even Woodley.

Dillen
01-09-2007, 01:35 PM
Whats the chances you guys nab a DE? The DE class is getting deep, and a quality DE will fall in this draft guaranteed. With Kearse's health concerns, I could see Abriamiri, or Anthony Spencer in an Eagles uniform. Maybe even Woodley.
Definitely possible. Woodley has everything the Eagles look for in DEs.

bigbluedefense
01-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Definitely possible. Woodley has everything the Eagles look for in DEs.

Really? I always thought that Abriamiri/Spencer is more of the Eagle mold than Woodley. You guys like quick speedsters, and Woodley is a bullrusher type like Hali.

Although Woodley would be a great compliment to Cole. You need more bulk on the line for run support, and Woodley would be a good LE. He has great technique, the only thing that he needs to work on is speed and strength. Both I think can be attained with some good offseason lifting and if he loses 15 pounds.

If the Giants didn't have our Ends, id be eyeing Woodley as a LE.

bsaza2358
01-09-2007, 01:52 PM
With Jerome McDougal officially entering "complete bust" territory, Kearse's uncertainty following the knee surgery, and Juqua Thomas's here and there production, the Eagles could definitely use another DE, especially a young one. I haven't had a chance to look at this particular class much, but a DE who is a two-way player (run and pass) would be very helpful to this team.

bigbluedefense
01-09-2007, 01:56 PM
With Jerome McDougal officially entering "complete bust" territory, Kearse's uncertainty following the knee surgery, and Juqua Thomas's here and there production, the Eagles could definitely use another DE, especially a young one. I haven't had a chance to look at this particular class much, but a DE who is a two-way player (run and pass) would be very helpful to this team.

Knowing Andy Reid's love for trench players, I wouldn't be surprised at all if you go DE in round 1. Although I definately feel a quality DE could be had in round 2.

Griffin is a round 2 guy as well, and that fills the SS need.

And Earl Everett fills an OLB need, and he's a round 2 talent.

So basically, alot of your needs can be filled in round 2. I wouldn't be suprised if the Eagles trade their round 1 for multiple round 2 picks. Theyre stuck in a bad part of round 1 anyway, and would benefit from an extra 2.

You can trust that Reid would make a great decision regardless. I regard him as a great drafter for the most part. It shows in your continuous success as a franchise under his healm.

Dillen
01-09-2007, 02:00 PM
Although Woodley would be a great compliment to Cole. You need more bulk on the line for run support, and Woodley would be a good LE.
Woodley isn't fast but he's a lot like Derrick Burgess.

I'd agree that Griffin is a round 2 player but I doubt he'll be there at pick 58+.

bsaza2358
01-09-2007, 02:02 PM
You can trust that Reid would make a great decision regardless. I regard him as a great drafter for the most part. It shows in your continuous success as a franchise under his healm.

I was just arguing this with a friend yesterday. He (stupidly) claims that the Eagles are going to mess up this offseason because the fans want McNabb gone now, and they'll do what the fans want and cave. I pointed out that they have made tough decisions before (Trotter in 01, Shawn Barber in 02, Taylor/Vincent, etc.) and have been no worse for it. He still expects the Eagles to mess everything up. This isn't about division rivalry, as he's a Pats fan. I pointed to the 80-48 regular season record since Reid took over (average of 10-6 each season), 5 division titles, 6 playoff appearances, 8-5 playoff record, and the healthy cap situation. It shows the management knows how to field a consistent winner by making tough decisions.

sirsmokealot28
01-09-2007, 02:44 PM
2nd home playoff game versus the seahawks for the conference title.

bsaza2358
01-09-2007, 02:51 PM
2nd home playoff game versus the seahawks for the conference title.

Obviously, that would be ideal. However, Seattle is by far the worst playoff team left. They have essentially zero quality CB's right now. They have a chance against the Bears, but I wouldn't bet on it. I'm solely focused on the Eagles right now. I'll worry about the Bears-Hawks once the Eagles win Saturday night...

mpt117
01-09-2007, 03:03 PM
ya thats true but you got to admit jennings, babineaux, and hunter didnt play all that bad...jennings stripped glenn hunter recovred a fumble and babineaux had some nice breakups...so they played pretty well that game but i dont think they will show up like that to every playoff game

bsaza2358
01-09-2007, 03:13 PM
To be fair, the Bears WR's aren't as good as Dallas's, and the potential for cold weather and/or snow will hinder the passing game. This could be very close. Again, I'm worried more about Saturday, then I can focus on this matchup.

mpt117
01-09-2007, 03:14 PM
and this year in my opinion would be the year to grab a DE this class is loaded and i looked and their are about 17 DE prospects on scotts rankings that i would have any one of them so this is perfect to grab one later as i see LB, S, and possibly WR as bigger needs and thats what scott has as our top 3 needs

bsaza2358
01-09-2007, 03:29 PM
I said already that DE is a significant need for the Eagles. I think it's more pressing than WR by far. The DLine needs to get more pressure and control gaps better in the run game. IMO, the first 3 picks of this draft need to be on the defensive side of the ball. We need a replacement for Dawk, depth behind Considine, a replacement for Trotter, and more DLine depth. There are significant needs out there for this team.

mpt117
01-09-2007, 03:35 PM
true i was actually thinking that with kearse injuries, mcdougle being a bust, thomas inconsistent, and howard not playing well...you think we will re-sign stallworth and lose the 3rd round pick or let him into the FA pool then sign him to lose a 4th rounder

bsaza2358
01-09-2007, 03:51 PM
true i was actually thinking that with kearse injuries, mcdougle being a bust, thomas inconsistent, and howard not playing well...you think we will re-sign stallworth and lose the 3rd round pick or let him into the FA pool then sign him to lose a 4th rounder

Dillen has already said that Stallworth should be resigned. I believe that if the Eagles don't sign Stallworth, it is an absolute waste of a 4th round pick. They brought him in to be an impact kind of guy, and, when healthy, he has been just that. Not bringing him back would be terrible. He has the deep speed the offense needs, and he seems to fit in well with the team.

Green Kool Aid
01-09-2007, 04:22 PM

Dillen has already said that Stallworth should be resigned. I believe that if the Eagles don't sign Stallworth, it is an absolute waste of a 4th round pick. They brought him in to be an impact kind of guy, and, when healthy, he has been just that. Not bringing him back would be terrible. He has the deep speed the offense needs, and he seems to fit in well with the team.

Needs (as of now):
1. Strong Safety- Considine and Mikell are all that are left after M. Lewis leaves.

2. Cornerback- Rod Hood is leaving.

3. Strongside LB- Banjo-boy is done, if I'm not mistaken, and all we have is Gocong.

4. D End- Bye bye Kearse and McDougle.

5. TE- Regardless of Schobel's recent success, I still don't like him. He was let go by the Bengals, and check out what Scott writes in their team needs.

Green Kool Aid
01-09-2007, 04:40 PM
Fortunately, I have solutions.

1. Let Kearse go: He's expensive, but this move weakens the team, so...

2. Sign Thomas(1) or Briggs(2): Look how much better the team is playing with a good WLB. Good outside LBs cut of a third of the field, regardless of what the Eagles opinions are. Plus, this move is actually cost-effective because now we...

3. Move Gocong back to D End: He's a cheap solution at an expensive position that is already on the team. This is what he excelled at in college, and might fit in well in our rotation.

4. Resign Stallworth: There isn't much else out there, and Bsaza is right, it would be a wasted pick.

5. Draft Landry or Griffin: Landry has the size to play strong safety. Griffin could play SS, but would be our future FS. Willis would also be a good eventual replacement for Trott.

These are just some early ideas. I am open to suggestions.

Eaglez.Fan
01-10-2007, 03:55 PM

2. Sign Thomas(1) or Briggs(2): Look how much better the team is playing with a good WLB. Good outside LBs cut of a third of the field, regardless of what the Eagles opinions are. Plus, this move is actually cost-effective because now we...

3. Move Gocong back to D End: He's a cheap solution at an expensive position that is already on the team. This is what he excelled at in college, and might fit in well in our rotation.

4. Resign Stallworth: There isn't much else out there, and Bsaza is right, it would be a wasted pick.

5. Draft Landry or Griffin: Landry has the size to play strong safety. Griffin could play SS, but would be our future FS. Willis would also be a good eventual replacement for Trott.

1 and 2- The only way, I'd like releasing Kearse, is if we work out all the numbers and we get Thomas (perferably) or Briggs to sign. Then since we know we'll have a good player so our D is better we can release Kearse.

3. I'm cool with that
4.Makes sense so yah
5. I'd much rather trade up for Reggie Nelson, his acelertion and speed woul dmake him porbably the fastest saftey and cud learn a greta deal from Dawk, cud make him amazing, with all his physical tools. But if not him then I'd like Willis

bsaza2358
01-10-2007, 04:53 PM
Not a lot of time to comment here. I'm not a fan of cutting Kearse at this point. The cap hit may be too much right now. I do think this is Kearse's last season as an Eagle, though. Or at least his contract will be restructured significantly.

Green Kool Aid
01-10-2007, 05:37 PM

1 and 2- The only way, I'd like releasing Kearse, is if we work out all the numbers and we get Thomas (perferably) or Briggs to sign. Then since we know we'll have a good player so our D is better we can release Kearse.

3. I'm cool with that
4.Makes sense so yah
5. I'd much rather trade up for Reggie Nelson, his acelertion and speed woul dmake him porbably the fastest saftey and cud learn a greta deal from Dawk, cud make him amazing, with all his physical tools. But if not him then I'd like Willis

Reggie Nelson is definitely in the mix talent-wise, but after the bowl-game, I don't think the Eagles have a shot.

Green Kool Aid
01-10-2007, 05:42 PM
I forgot to mention that we should also sign another TE, also because I think it is LJ's last contract year. Most like Tony Gonzalez, but for way less cash, you can have Daniel Graham, who has won Super Bowls (he caught a TD against Philly). He blocks and catches passes. My guess is that NE releases him because they have Ben Watson, David Thomas, and Garrett Mills.

sirsmokealot28
01-12-2007, 04:51 PM
i dont see defensive end being all that much of a need next season. kearse will be back and the team will most certainly keep a player of his talent level, who really isn't even that old yet. they will be able to rotate in and out 2 defensive lines that have played solid all season. Trent Cole led the NFL in sacks for much of the first half of the season, and Darren Howard has been given attention all season.

1st line:

Kearse -is a beast who when healthy is a lock for 10 sacks
Bunkley - has played well as a rookie and will likely replace darwin walker
Patterson - has had a few brilliant plays this season and will start
Howard - worth every dollar with the attention he demands. will roam more freely with kearse in lineup.

2nd line:

Cole
Walker
Thomas/Ramsey
McDougle

remember, before kearse went down, this team was 4-1. the d-line collapsed briefly there after, but rebounded late in the season to be pretty decent, even at effectively stopping the run. they didn't shut it down completely, but were a stretch better than they had been throughout the mid season.

i think our main concerns will be in the secondary. when 1 guy gets knocked out, we are vulnerable. taking a safety with a first round pick would be foolish unless you expected to get him on the field immediately.
a cornerback wouldn't be out of line with the first pick, followed by a safety, possibly a rb as an insurance policy, and we can always use help in the linebacker department.

replacing trotter and dawkins are key concerns

1st pick MLB
2nd pick CB
3rd pick S
4th pick RB
5th pick TE
6th pick WR/OL/DL
7th pick WR/OL/DL

would not at all be surprised to see the OL/DL go at any pick as andy reid is a firm believer in the trenches come first philosophy.

Dillen
01-12-2007, 04:55 PM
i dont see defensive end being all that much of a need next season. kearse will be back and the team will most certainly keep a player of his talent level, who really isn't even that old yet. they will be able to rotate in and out 2 defensive lines that have played solid all season. Trent Cole led the NFL in sacks for much of the first half of the season, and Darren Howard has been given attention all season.

1st line:

Kearse -is a beast who when healthy is a lock for 10 sacks
Bunkley - has played well as a rookie and will likely replace darwin walker
Patterson - has had a few brilliant plays this season and will start
Howard - worth every dollar with the attention he demands. will roam more freely with kearse in lineup.

2nd line:

Cole
Walker
Thomas/Ramsey
McDougle
Bunkley hasn't played at that well at all. He's done decent when given time, but that's it. I would love for him to start next year though.

I love Cole as the 3rd DE. He's very good against the run and when fresh is among the top pass rushers in the league. If him, Howard, and Kearse all get around equal time they'd be dominant.

I like Ramsey. I didn't like the pick at first but after I learned more and watched him I'm beginning to like him.

As for Thomas, who do you have at DT? Juqua Thomas? He plays DE. He's undersized for DE, but I'd really like to bring him back.

McDougle should be cut. I've defended him for the most part to keep him away from bust status but he hasn't done ANYTHING on the field his entire career.

sirsmokealot28
01-12-2007, 05:22 PM
juqua thomas definately plays defensive tackle as well as some defensive end work. mcdougle is good as a 4th or 5th option, i dont see the neccesity in cutting him. also i dont know if sam rayburn will still be in the mix but he isn't horrible.

Dillen
01-12-2007, 09:12 PM
juqua thomas definately plays defensive tackle as well as some defensive end work. mcdougle is good as a 4th or 5th option, i dont see the neccesity in cutting him. also i dont know if sam rayburn will still be in the mix but he isn't horrible.
You may be right on Juqua, I thought I saw him there once.

One thing that I really hate about JJ's scheme is that he wants every DT to be a 1 gap DT. Rayburn isn't quick. He was awesome in 04 when he just straight bullrushed just about every play he was in.

Eaglez.Fan
01-12-2007, 09:56 PM
Juqua Thomas was a beast this season, the few times that I've seen him on the field he was very good. He's a definite keeper IMO

Green Kool Aid
01-13-2007, 08:28 AM
Sirsmokesalot should change his name to smokestoomuch, and it seems as if some are getting some second-hand effects.

Juqua Thomas at DT? Juqua is good as a backup, but because he has been forced to step up, in the games he is doing a good mike mamula impression of almost getting to the QB.

There is no way Kearse is coming back with his salary, and two knee injuries at the age of 30, especially with that tricky ankle of his (how many times did I see him limpimg off the field, clutching that ankle?).

Bunkley has hardly played well, mostly because he hardly played. We still don't know what he can really do.

And McDougle will definitely be cut.

Lastly, with the disrespectful way the Eagles treat LBs, there is next to no way they will draft one with their first pick, no matter how much we like Patrick Willis, Timmons, or H.B. Blades. Trott does need a backup and eventual replacement, but when Michael Lewis leaves, we will have zero SSs except for Considine (who is more of a situational FS or CB). If anything, the Eagles will be drafting a SS with their first pick, especially with the depth at that position in the draft.

Green Kool Aid
01-13-2007, 08:31 AM
BTW, lets' worry about all that later.

I want to have the very last pick in the first round!

E-A-G-L-E-S

EAGLES!

sirsmokealot28
01-13-2007, 12:43 PM
Sirsmokesalot should change his name to smokestoomuch, and it seems as if some are getting some second-hand effects.

Juqua Thomas at DT? Juqua is good as a backup, but because he has been forced to step up, in the games he is doing a good mike mamula impression of almost getting to the QB.

There is no way Kearse is coming back with his salary, and two knee injuries at the age of 30, especially with that tricky ankle of his (how many times did I see him limpimg off the field, clutching that ankle?).

Bunkley has hardly played well, mostly because he hardly played. We still don't know what he can really do.

And McDougle will definitely be cut.

Lastly, with the disrespectful way the Eagles treat LBs, there is next to no way they will draft one with their first pick, no matter how much we like Patrick Willis, Timmons, or H.B. Blades. Trott does need a backup and eventual replacement, but when Michael Lewis leaves, we will have zero SSs except for Considine (who is more of a situational FS or CB). If anything, the Eagles will be drafting a SS with their first pick, especially with the depth at that position in the draft.

haha here we go with the **** talk. if you weren't stupid and had read my post instead of just commenting on it you'd have realized we were talking about juqua thomas as a 4th or 5th option, not a starting DT. yeah it'd be ideal to have guys as good as haynesworth and mcfarland all the way at the 5 spot but no you gotta work with guys like thomas.

secondly, there is no way they will waste yes i said WASTE a first round pick on a safety. these type of moves are reserved for teams like buffalo, washington, and oakland. a safety doesn't make enough of an impact on the game to warrant a first round pick, nor will they win or lose you a game, and the eagles know this. the eagles have always been good at finding top tier safeties in the later rounds of the draft (i.e. dawkins, lewis, considine)

even if mcdougle is cut, it doesn't matter as i had him on as the very last option at defensive end.....you can insert anyones name there.

lastly, kearse will not be cut. at this point it would be more costly to cut him and face penalties rather than just letting him play. at 30 he is still young, has a solid 4 to 5 years in him, and is still among the top 5 DE's in the league. if they were willing to dish out money for an OLD hugh douglas, they will certainly not purposely let go a playmaker like kearse. he's only had 1 really bad injury as an eagle, unlike mcnabb.

do your research and read posts before you just come making allegations. this was never an argument i this forum we were just cool heads discussing possibilities for the future of our team. NONE of us are actualy making these moves, so for you to grab validity in ANY statement written on this page makes YOU the moron.

sirsmokealot28
01-13-2007, 12:46 PM
if the eagles and seahawks win, i'll be there.

jonbrodo17
01-13-2007, 03:46 PM
-I would like to see howard move inside and cole and kearse at ends
-I would want patrick willis or landry
- The problem with Juqua Thomas is that he will get a big deal somewhere to play the 3-4 and i don't think the birdz would pay that

- i am also gonna b there in the nfc championship game(vs. seahawks not if they play da bears), then i am goin to miami if they win

GO BIRDZ WHOOP THOSE SAINTS!!!!!!!

Shiver
01-13-2007, 05:53 PM
I read on the red zone that William Thomas is a UFA, what are the Eagles' intentions when it comes to resigning him? Or is that out of date?

Dillen
01-13-2007, 06:32 PM
the eagles have always been good at finding top tier safeties in the later rounds of the draft (i.e. dawkins, lewis, considine)
Dawkins is a top tier safety and was a 2nd rounder. No one involved in the 2007 team is still here from the 06 draft. Lewis was a 2nd rounder and Considine was the first pick of the 2nd day, and they aren't even close to top tier safeties, and they weren't in the top tier of safety prospects.

sirsmokealot28
01-13-2007, 07:19 PM
the eagles have always been good at finding top tier safeties in the later rounds of the draft (i.e. dawkins, lewis, considine)
Dawkins is a top tier safety and was a 2nd rounder. No one involved in the 2007 team is still here from the 06 draft. Lewis was a 2nd rounder and Considine was the first pick of the 2nd day, and they aren't even close to top tier safeties, and they weren't in the top tier of safety prospects.

brian dawkins is not top tier? he is top 5. michael lewis was 2nd on draft day only to roy williams, b/c of a congenital heart condition, and was deemed an "unsafe" pick by many teams, the eagles saw oppurtunity. by later rounds i mean not a 1st round pick, which the eagles will never use on a Safety.

also, if you were watching the game, i found it interesting that on the opening saints drive, the announcer called out juqua thomas as "playing outstanding football as of late"

sirsmokealot28
01-13-2007, 07:20 PM
sorry misread that u say he is top tier, but he wasn't a 1st round pick, which is what i was getting at.

Dillen
01-13-2007, 07:21 PM
brian dawkins is not top tier? he is top 5. michael lewis was 2nd on draft day only to roy williams, b/c of a congenital heart condition, and was deemed an "unsafe" pick by many teams, the eagles saw oppurtunity. by later rounds i mean not a 1st round pick, which the eagles will never use on a Safety.

also, if you were watching the game, i found it interesting that on the opening saints drive, the announcer called out juqua thomas as "playing outstanding football as of late"

I'm guessing you didn't see that?

I know Michael Lewis had the heart problems that made him fall to the second round. He's isn't anyhing special. Williams, Ed Reed, Mike Rumph, Tank Williams, and Lamont Thompson were drafted before him.

I don't know if the JT thing was directed to me, we all know that Juqua has been awesome this year.

And Considine just got dominated.

sirsmokealot28
01-13-2007, 09:17 PM
sorry misread that u say he is top tier, but he wasn't a 1st round pick, which is what i was getting at.

yeah i did misread it. you must not have seen this one.

and the juqua thing was aimed at the guy who said something along the lines of "juqua thomas are you kidding me?"

Dillen
01-13-2007, 10:21 PM
No one has any idea how ******* pissed off I am. Jesus. *******. Christ.

Dillen
01-13-2007, 10:41 PM
I read on the red zone that William Thomas is a UFA, what are the Eagles' intentions when it comes to resigning him? Or is that out of date?
He isn't a free agent. He was signed to an extension years ago. He's an Eagle through 08 unless cut.

JJ needs to be gone. GET A BIG ******* DT. Oh what, there was Keyonta Marshall? Who was a new version of Hollis Thomas? You cut him to make room for another 280 pound DL? **** you.

cunningham06
01-14-2007, 12:24 AM
He isn't a free agent. He was signed to an extension years ago. He's an Eagle through 08 unless cut.

JJ needs to be gone. GET A BIG *********** DT. Oh what, there was Keyonta Marshall? Who was a new version of Hollis Thomas? You cut him to make room for another 280 pound DL? *********** you.

EXACTLY why I wanted Haloti Ngata instead of Bunk. I knew when we punted the game was over. Our defense can't shut down that run game in only 3 downs. We should have gone for it. That 4th and 10 conversion brought me up so high and then the false start made me feel like I had just been #### on. Major buzzkill we should have gone for it on 4th and 15.

Green Kool Aid
01-14-2007, 09:24 AM

Actually, I was just trying to do some innocent ribbing, but now is a bad time to talk trash, as I am a sore loser.

Besides, there's no point in arguing with someone who openly contradicts themselves.

BTW, anyone who brags about puffing's got nothing but lungs full of some seedy oregano.

Green Kool Aid
01-14-2007, 09:38 AM
Scott Young is gone, even though I didn't actually see any holding.

This is what happens when you have a stockpile of players, you go down the depth chart instead of to a dependable player. Jean-Gilles din't even suit up all year because we had too many linemen. We don't know who would have performed better, but Young is a converted O-lineman from Reid's beloved BYU, and he barely had much on-field experience. He gets put in because he is one of the Eagles "Homegrown" projects. We clearly are not the Patriots who can develop and insert projects anywhere on the field.

But we all know the real problem was the defense. And after the way Considine played, people like smokesometrash ought to shut the he11 up about the importance of safeties. Considine looked like a superball bouncing off of McAllister and other Saints players. In fact, our whole D looked like shoe salesmen because they are too small to lock up a player and make a tackle, rather than dive for feet.

I'm sorry...not yet...it's too soon.

Dillen
01-14-2007, 10:24 AM
I understood the Young pick because he's one of the players with the most potential in the 6th round. What I don't understand is why the hell he is activated when he is still raw? You know for damn sure he doesn't get reps over Andrews in practice. That's just about the only reason I wanted to keep Hicks...he was starting caliber at 4 positions and was a very good backup. What trade up was he used for, Avant? Awesome.

Go_Eagles77
01-14-2007, 10:29 AM
:cry:

Recovery time.

Eaglez.Fan
01-14-2007, 10:32 AM
Young is a douchebag. Also the refs were pretty bad, Dhani Jones never held anyone, which would have got use off the feild (D)

Next year, Philly is the number one team. And credit to Garcia he played very well

diabsoule
01-14-2007, 12:43 PM
Very good game yesterday guys. I knew it was going to be a close game and I couldn't have expected a better one.

Dillen
01-14-2007, 06:00 PM
So many things need to be done.

Get a RB who can wear out the defense. I don't care that Westbrook is really good. You can have Westbrook get about 25 touches a game and still give the other RB 10. Just get another good RB for the sole fact that AR is afraid to use Westbrook so much that he'll get hurt.

RE-SIGN DONTE STALLWORTH. The WRs are going to be average again if he isn't on the team. He seems to really like Philadelphia. $5M a year sounds good.

Trade Darwin Walker. He was run over the entire year. I'm sure they could get something decent for him because he had a lot of sacks this year, he can get to the QB.

Cut/trade Trotter. He hasn't been a leader at all since the whole T.O fiasco.

Get a taller CB. He doesn't need to be huge. When Hood leaves, re-sign Will James. Draft someone like Fred Bennett in the 2nd or 3rd round.

New safety. Mike Lewis is gone. I liked Considine as the 3rd safety who backs up both spots and is on the field for a bit. Nothing more. Really needs to bulk up.

Fire/retire JJ. Enough with the "speed" on the defense. You don't need speed on the DL. Change the entire defensive philosophy. I'm sick of Rayburn trying to be a 1 gap DT. Let him play NT, he was awesome there in 04.

Go_Eagles77
01-14-2007, 08:02 PM
So many things need to be done.

Get a RB who can wear out the defense. I don't care that Westbrook is really good. You can have Westbrook get about 25 touches a game and still give the other RB 10. Just get another good RB for the sole fact that AR is afraid to use Westbrook so much that he'll get hurt.

RE-SIGN DONTE STALLWORTH. The WRs are going to be average again if he isn't on the team. He seems to really like Philadelphia. $5M a year sounds good.

Trade Darwin Walker. He was run over the entire year. I'm sure they could get something decent for him because he had a lot of sacks this year, he can get to the QB.

Cut/trade Trotter. He hasn't been a leader at all since the whole T.O fiasco.

Get a taller CB. He doesn't need to be huge. When Hood leaves, re-sign Will James. Draft someone like Fred Bennett in the 2nd or 3rd round.

New safety. Mike Lewis is gone. I liked Considine as the 3rd safety who backs up both spots and is on the field for a bit. Nothing more. Really needs to bulk up.

Fire/retire JJ. Enough with the "speed" on the defense. You don't need speed on the DL. Change the entire defensive philosophy. I'm sick of Rayburn trying to be a 1 gap DT. Let him play NT, he was awesome there in 04.

Agree with just about everything except maybe the Trotter thing.

Dillen
01-14-2007, 09:31 PM
He wasn't even close to his usual performance this year. Teams will learn what the Saints did and try to isolate him against someone that he has no chance of covering.

Green Kool Aid
01-15-2007, 09:03 AM
He wasn't even close to his usual performance this year. Teams will learn what the Saints did and try to isolate him against someone that he has no chance of covering.

Trott definitely lost a step, but he was trying to do too much because we simpy have a lack of talent on defense. Ever since Andy Reid got here, the defense has slowly been down-graded. He tries to pull a Patriots move by inserting home-grown no-names, but fails miserably because he cannont consistently identify defensive talent.

If we want instant returns, we need to sign one of the two FA LBs. They will extend Trott's career because they are better in pass protection, which will let Trott focus on the run.

HOWEVER, the Eagles will not invest the money it takes in signing Adalius Thomas or Briggs because they disrespect the LB position. Pay those guys now and build around them! The Eagles are swimming in cash!

After watching Thomas and Briggs play in their respective games, how could you deny these guys and say they are not important positions!?!?

DowntownReggieBrown
01-15-2007, 09:40 AM
Well, I guess that's that..... time to transition from the Eagles message board back to the draft board for the next 4 months....

Any wish lists?

Off the top of my head:

Laron Landry
Lawrence Timmons
Paul Posluzny
Tony Hunt
3rd-4th round QB to groom... it's time to get younger at this position

Dillen
01-15-2007, 10:32 AM
I don't understand why ANYONE considers Posluszny. He is a horrible fit.

cowboysforever
01-15-2007, 10:33 AM
So is it just me or did you guys get jobbed the other night on the 4th down play?

And I hate the iggles.

Dillen
01-15-2007, 11:10 AM
Young definitely moved.

Reid is an absolute dumbass for punting the ball on 4th and 15.

DowntownReggieBrown
01-15-2007, 11:23 AM

I know it won't happen, it's more of a reflection that I think the scheme needs to change. It's pretty clear that the LBers and some of the D Line guys that we've brought in to "FIT" the scheme have been horrible busts.

I don't think I need to list them all for you, I give most people here more credit than that.

Maybe it's time to bring in good football players and adapt the defense to them

Green Kool Aid
01-15-2007, 02:25 PM

Maybe it's time to bring in good football players and adapt the defense to them

Well said.

IMO, Stallworth needs to be resigned. In fact, he's worth more than Garcia. That's right, I said it. Feel free to disagree, but we need a backup QB for a quarter-to-half a year, if that. That man is already on the team, AJ Feeley. He showed us he can still play in the Falcons game. He put up the same numbers Garcia did. I definitely like Garcia more than Feeley, but he's gonna be another year older, and teams like Minnesota are gonna drive up his price.

I'd rather save the money for Garcia, and use it on a FA SLB. Say with me:

Adalius Thomas/Lance Briggs > Jeff Garcia

I think it makes sense. Then, address SS/FS in the 1st round of the draft because there is a ton of talent there.

OR (this is a longshot) the Eagles could draft Brian Leonard. He'd be the big back that spells Westbrook. He can catch passes and block. However, the Eagles wouldn't go for it because they disrespect the RB position.

Green Kool Aid
01-15-2007, 02:45 PM
I also definitely think Kearse is gone too for cap reasons. With the way the cap goes up every year, I think the Eagles can resign Stallworth, a free agent SLB, and maybe even Garcia.

But, like I wrote, I think the Eagles should

1) Let Garcia go (very unpopular, I know)

2) Sign Adalius Thomas (a) or (b) Lance Briggs. (either is great, but show them the money!)

3) Resign Stallworth. (obviously)

4) Draft a SS/FS. (or Brian Leonard!)

5) Free Broderick Bunkley!

6) Sign Daniel Graham. (a pass-catching, Super Bowl winning, Red Zone threat who blocks too)

Eaglez.Fan
01-15-2007, 04:46 PM
Those are all very nice but, if Garcia wants to stay we should keep him. Just incase McNabb goes down, we alreday know Garcia can do very good. And he has said if he is a backup he wants to stay here, but hopefully he doesn't get any offers for a starters role, and he can settle a lil more for the benifet of the team.

jblaze66
01-16-2007, 12:24 AM
I was browsing the NFLPA site and looking at some of our players and came out with this:
http://www.nflpa.org/Resources/ActivePlayerSearch.aspx?id=32989
Did he already void the last year of his deal?

THIZZorDIE
01-16-2007, 04:44 PM
Wassup Eagles Fans, I saw in a recent article that B. Bunkley didn't start a game, and Winston Justice was inactive all year? I didn't notice at all, what happened? Did they strictly not perform, if so what specifically is the supposed problem? Was it Injury? I thought highly of both players going into the season, this is a surprise to me. Let me know.

Dillen
01-16-2007, 05:59 PM
Bunkley didn't do anything wrong when he played. The Eagles defense got torched on the run all year. I put pretty much all the blame of Bunk not getting onto the field because Reid is as stubborn as they come.

Justice wasn't going to play this year either way. Herremans could slide out to either T so there was no point of wasting an active roster spot on a 4th OT.

THIZZorDIE
01-16-2007, 11:24 PM
So why take him? There were picks to be made at, what was it, 50th overall?

jblaze66
01-16-2007, 11:31 PM

Andy Reid has a philosophy of building through the draft and first priority is the offensive and defensive lines. William Thomas and Jon Runyan are both on the wrong side of 32 so drafting Justice was clearly a depth-building move.

cunningham06
01-17-2007, 01:20 AM

Andy Reid has a philosophy of building through the draft and first priority is the offensive and defensive lines. William Thomas and Jon Runyan are both on the wrong side of 32 so drafting Justice was clearly a depth-building move.

34th overall for Justice I believe. Many people thought of Justice as a top 15 prospect, we were looking at him so we traded up to draft him, it was a depth move for now but eventually he should start.

bsaza2358
01-17-2007, 09:03 AM
Are we really questioning the front office and coaching staff that have brought us an average of 10 wins per season since they took over in 1998, 5 division titles, and at least 1 playoff win each time they make it to the postseason? This is the same group who drafted Patterson, Brown, Cole, and Heremens in 2005. I think they know a little bit about finding and developing prospects. I like Justice quite a bit, and to shore up our depth and our future is very much key to the Eagles future.

Dillen
01-17-2007, 02:45 PM
Yeah dude, what a stupid idea to take a top 10 prospect in the early 2nd round, especially when both of your OTs are on the wrong side of 30 and one has serious injury concerns.

NikkiSixx
01-17-2007, 02:47 PM
First time poster, long-time lurker, even longer time Eagles fan.

One interesting thing regarding the OL next year will be the fate of Max Jean-Gilles, who was also inactive every game this season. With Herremans and Andrews playing well at guard, would they just promote him to top backup and get rid of Scott Young or what?

bsaza2358
01-17-2007, 02:49 PM
Welcome to the board. Can always use more Bird fans!

Jean Gilles will definitely be on the roster next season. He is a second day pick on his rookie contract. He takes up less than .25% of the Eagles cap space.

In 2006, he came into camp a bit out of shape, but I think he learned a lot about what it takes to be in the NFL, and he will work all offseason to be in better condition. MJG needs to get stronger and faster and work on his technique before he can play for this team. Luckily for us, we have Andrews and Heremens, so there is no rush. I would not be surprised if Young and MJG both are on the roster next season as primary backups. I have no problem with 2 backup guards on this roster.

bsaza2358
01-17-2007, 02:51 PM
Yeah dude, what a stupid idea to take a top 10 prospect in the early 2nd round, especially when both of your OTs are on the wrong side of 30 and one has serious injury concerns.

Exactly. The Eagles have 2 OT's who were over 32 when the year began, so why take the consensus #2 overall OT at #34 overall, when he was projected to be taken by the team 21 picks earlier? What were the Eagles thinking when they got insane value for a great player?

NikkiSixx
01-17-2007, 02:52 PM
Especially given William Thomas's back issues in the past. He's under contract for one more year, right?

bsaza2358
01-17-2007, 02:56 PM
WT is under contract for another season. I assume it will be his last as an Eagle because they have to see if Justice can play and he is also getting older. I think WT had a pretty good year this season, but he is not as good as he once was. I can easily see the Eagles drafting more OLinement in this draft. Maybe as early as the third round for another OT.

NikkiSixx
01-17-2007, 03:01 PM
i guess it depends on what they think they'll do when Runyan retires. They may not want to move Andrews, so maybe they would move Herremans to RT and put Jean-Gilles at LG. Then you might want to draft a project guy (like Herremans) this year; the team has enough needs that it could use that third-round pick elsewhere. and if they re-sign Stallworth, which they should, they lose the third-round pick anyway.

Dillen
01-17-2007, 03:15 PM
Especially given William Thomas's back issues in the past. He's under contract for one more year, right?
He's a free agent after the 2008 season.

I'd definitely explore the option of another OL this year. Joe Staley, Levi Brown, Justin Blalock. I'm definitely not comfortable projecting MJG to be a starter.

Justice - Blalock - Jackson - Andrews - Herremans
Justice - Herremans - Jackson - Andrews - Staley
Justice - Herremans - Jackson - Andrews - Brown

All are way better options than having MJG in the lineup. However, if the Eagles re-sign Stallworth they shouldn't spend one pick on offense.

bsaza2358
01-17-2007, 03:31 PM
I know this isn't Reid's style, but I like the idea of using MGJ in a "heavy" OLine formation as an extra guard and sliding Runyan and Andrews outside. Imagine Jackson + MJG + Andrews + Runyan teeing off on a short yardage play... Lots of bulk, to be sure!

I think MJG was a great pick for the Eagles because he wasn't NFL ready at the time. He will take a lot of work and coaching to be a passable NFL player. Still, I think he's better than other Eagles OG pickups (Brezneski, Hicks, Young) when they were picked up by the team their rookie years.

utfootball1
01-17-2007, 07:36 PM
get someone to cover plaxico buress, if the giants threw to him more we would be dead. Some corner whos is 6-3,6-4 and has decent speed

NikkiSixx
01-17-2007, 07:39 PM
well, if william james could stay healthy, he's taller than lito and sheldon. i agree we could probably draft a taller corner, though how many are 6-3 or 6-4? any? they usually convert them in plaxicos...

utfootball1
01-17-2007, 07:43 PM
good point, sergio gillam is 6-3, thre are a couple 6-2 corners in the draft, but one possiblility is arron rouse a saftey from va tech, but he might not be athletic engough

bsaza2358
01-18-2007, 08:54 AM
I don't think many CB's at 6'2" or 6'3" would have the agility and speed to cover Plaxico down the field. He is tall and strong and fast, which is what makes him such a valuable weapon, especially for Manning. He also pushes off every freakin' chance he gets. I am absolutely not in favor of drafting a tall CB just to cover Plaxico. That would be a waste as far as I'm concerned. You draft the best player available, put the best team together you can, then game plan for the mismatch. Why spend a lot of money just to stop 1 player twice a season? The Eagles seem to cover TO just fine, and he's only a little taller than Plax...

Silly suggestion IMO.

bigbluedefense
01-18-2007, 09:58 AM
I was thinking about it, and I can't quite figure out why you guys have a hard time with the run personnell wise.

Trotter is a hammer in the middle, I like your DT rotation, I like Cole at DE, your safeties are great at run support...is it the OLB's fault?

I know that Philly has never been dominant against the run, and thats partly due to Jimmy's 46 scheme, its vulnerable to the run, but I never saw you guys play it very badly up until spurts this year. So while the system doesn't make for dominant run defense, I would think that some player personnell must be the cause of the poor play recently.

Whos to blame? You guys know better than I do, Im really curious. Id like to point to the OLBs, but I don't know if thats correct, they didn't look too bad when I saw them play. Is it someone on the line thats at fault?

While I feel that Landry is the perfect player to replace Dawkins, and Griffin would be a great Lewis replacement, I think the major need this offseason is to bolster the run defense. Now how that is executed is a ? to me, because I don't know the true culprit of the problem. Can anyone help me out here? Im curious to know because I honestly don't know why.

bsaza2358
01-18-2007, 10:02 AM
I think it's the overpursuit and over aggressiveness of our LB's, plus the inabilty of the DE's to clog up lanes. The Eagles D has always been susceptible to cutback runs and zone blocking. However, this season, the DE's could not keep the OLB's "clean". This, coupled with the tendency for Jones/McCoy/Gaither to aggressively chase down outside run lanes and overpursue, led to big gashing runs. Because teams knew that the OLB's would overpursue, they used blocking schemes for a G or C to pick up Trotter ASAP, then let the RB find the seam that the OLB's created themselves. It has been a matter of discipline and containment. The team did not play well and contain the inside seams, so they'd get gashed.

bsaza2358
01-18-2007, 10:08 AM
I honestly believe that the LB's coach needs to be canned. I think the secondary played admirably this season, but I didn't see a lot from the LB's. They did not play with discipline, did not shed blocks, and did not create pressure when they were asked to. Poor overall performance. Some of it is about the lack of talent at OLB, but most of it is about the coaching and technique.

bigbluedefense
01-18-2007, 10:09 AM
I think it's the overpursuit and over aggressiveness of our LB's, plus the inabilty of the DE's to clog up lanes. The Eagles D has always been susceptible to cutback runs and zone blocking. However, this season, the DE's could not keep the OLB's "clean". This, coupled with the tendency for Jones/McCoy/Gaither to aggressively chase down outside run lanes and overpursue, led to big gashing runs. Because teams knew that the OLB's would overpursue, they used blocking schemes for a G or C to pick up Trotter ASAP, then let the RB find the seam that the OLB's created themselves. It has been a matter of discipline and containment. The team did not play well and contain the inside seams, so they'd get gashed.

So its a mental thing? That means its very correctable through training camp with the current players, or perhaps more instinctual LBs are needed in the OLB position? If thats the case, and while this may not be a popular choice, Poz might be your guy. He is very instinctual, and covers the TE very well. He'd make a good SAM in the 46. I know he doesn't have ideal speed, but thats overrated. Look at DeMeco. And if Trotter gets hurt or is cut any time because of age, I can see Poz filling in to replace him at MIKE.

What do you think? Or is Patrick Willis a better candidate?

NikkiSixx
01-18-2007, 10:12 AM
A lot of times, Trotter tends to guess where a run is going to go and tries to blow it up instead of sitting back and flowing to the ball. Other times, the defensive lineman can't hold the point of attack, so you see the OL getting to the "second level" and blocking the linebackers. a number of replays during saturday's game showed a lineman blocking trotter.

one difference from the past is that we don't have hollis thomas anymore. he was the one tackle (or D lineman in general) who was known for his run-stopping ability. i think the Eagles need to draft a tackle who's more of a "clogger," so to speak, at least to be able to play on running downs. i don't know if bunkley can be that guy--i thought he was more of the one-gap DT that Jim Johnson likes.

bsaza2358
01-18-2007, 10:23 AM
A lot of times, Trotter tends to guess where a run is going to go and tries to blow it up instead of sitting back and flowing to the ball. Other times, the defensive lineman can't hold the point of attack, so you see the OL getting to the "second level" and blocking the linebackers. a number of replays during saturday's game showed a lineman blocking trotter.

one difference from the past is that we don't have hollis thomas anymore. he was the one tackle (or D lineman in general) who was known for his run-stopping ability. i think the Eagles need to draft a tackle who's more of a "clogger," so to speak, at least to be able to play on running downs. i don't know if bunkley can be that guy--i thought he was more of the one-gap DT that Jim Johnson likes.

We drafted Broderick Bunkley, a 6'4", 300+ lb dude, to be that guy for us. His training camp holdout and lack of development over the course of the season hurt the team in that area. I think he's expected to come out strong next season and be that force for the team.

bsaza2358
01-18-2007, 10:25 AM
I like Poz a ton, as I'm a PSU fan. However, I don't think his read/react skills fit in well with the Eagles for a first round pick. I think he is not the huge, fast, aggressive type player they would want in their LB's. He would be a much better fit in a different scheme. I think Willis or Davis or Blades are the kind of downhill players the Eagles would need. The Eagles covet the speed and aggressiveness, but the team needs to have its LB's hold their lanes. That's the key to the scheme. When they did this, they had greater success against the run.

bsaza2358
01-18-2007, 10:29 AM
Eagleseye, a good point about Trotter, though. His aggressiveness and immediate recognition of running lanes is a huge weapon for the team. However, everyone knows that this leads to huge cutback lanes and screen opportunities for the RB's. The Saints did this a lot and basically prevented Trotter from making a huge impact. I really don't recall hearing his name much in that game.

NikkiSixx
01-18-2007, 10:31 AM
What was worse was that you didn't hear Dawkins name at all. Apparently, he was ill, but considering how much of a presence he was in the back half of the season, it's surprising.

bsaza2358
01-18-2007, 10:37 AM
I think Dawk was doing a lot of coverage against the deep routes and such. You'll notice that the Eagles mostly took away the deep ball from NO, forcing them to go over the middle and into the flats. Of course, the front 7 didn't clog enough to stop the run game, which became our undoing. Unfortunate.

NikkiSixx
01-18-2007, 10:42 AM
another thing trotter didn't do well (or LBs in general) was covering the TEs. i think their backup led the team in receptions and yards for the game. ugh.

bsaza2358
01-18-2007, 10:45 AM
Well, when you try to take away the flats to Reggie Bush and the deep option, the middle of the field is going to be open. The Eagles got beat down the seams, often in zone coverage. While that is sometimes a function of depth of the LB's drops into coverage, the front 4 didn't get a ton of pressure, which allowed Brees to make those throws.

bigbluedefense
01-18-2007, 11:22 AM
I wouldnt be surprised at all if you guys go for a DE. With Kearse off the field more often than on it, and with Reid's love for linemen, I can definately see perhaps either Abriamiri, Woodley, or Spencer in an Eagles uniform next year. I think Abriamiri fits your scheme better than the other 2.

NikkiSixx
01-18-2007, 11:50 AM
McDougle will be gone, and Juqua Thomas should probably go somewhere and make more $, so I would imagine drafting at least one more DE is in order, especially if they think Gacong can actually start at LB (who knows?).

bsaza2358
01-18-2007, 11:52 AM
I wouldnt be surprised at all if you guys go for a DE. With Kearse off the field more often than on it, and with Reid's love for linemen, I can definately see perhaps either Abriamiri, Woodley, or Spencer in an Eagles uniform next year. I think Abriamiri fits your scheme better than the other 2.

I think DE goes in the second round, but there are more pressing needs at OLB, a future replacement for Trotter, and at S (replacing Dawk in the future).

NikkiSixx
01-18-2007, 11:53 AM
The team seems to think Gaither can be Trotter's replacement. If that's so, then OLB becomes even more of a need, especially with Shawn Barber possibly being gone.

bsaza2358
01-18-2007, 12:09 PM
I think Gaither would be a worthy replacement, but he played excellently as the starting WILL this past season. I would almost prefer he stays outside and plays with more discipline.

NikkiSixx
01-18-2007, 12:12 PM
i wouldn't be surprised if he didn't next year since trotter would conceivably still be around. after that, who knows?

bsaza2358
01-18-2007, 12:18 PM
Very possible that next season is Trotter's last as an Eagle. He signed a 4 year deal, but he lost a step this season. It is well known that Trot has degenerative arthritis in his knees. He was basically born with it, and the crush of his weight, playing, and the knee injuries have worsened the condition. I think doctors put 32 as the latest he could play in the league. I think Trot is 29 now. Eagles need a replacement for him in the pipeline now.

Dillen
01-18-2007, 01:24 PM
BBD....the main reason the Eagles are so bad against the run is because of the pitiful DTs and the LBs don't help much either. Walker is absolutely awful against the run. Patterson isn't as good as one would believe. The only DTs that can play the run, Bunkley and Rayburn, never touch the field because of poor coaching decisions.

Bsaza, he signed a 5 year deal. We went over this, remember?

bsaza2358
01-18-2007, 01:28 PM
BBD....the main reason the Eagles are so bad against the run is because of the pitiful DTs and the LBs don't help much either. Walker is absolutely awful against the run. Patterson isn't as good as one would believe. The only DTs that can play the run, Bunkley and Rayburn, never touch the field because of poor coaching decisions.

Bsaza, he signed a 5 year deal. We went over this, remember?

Typo. I meant 5. Either way, his knees aren't going to hold up over the length of the contract.

Dillen
01-18-2007, 01:30 PM
I love the guy...but he's as close to done as possible.

Also, please, no one suggest HB Blades as the next MLB. I don't want another MLB that is absolutely worthless in coverage, especially one that's slow.

bsaza2358
01-18-2007, 01:54 PM
To be fair, Dillen, I only proposed Blades as a downhill type player that would be a better fit for the Eagles than Poz. That's it.

Dillen
01-18-2007, 02:01 PM
I was just talking in general, I never saw that post you're talking about. I definitely agree with what you said.

NikkiSixx
01-18-2007, 02:02 PM
btw, scott has us taking drew stanton in the second round of his mock.

bsaza2358
01-18-2007, 02:03 PM
Yeah, we haven't talked about that yet...

Dillen
01-18-2007, 02:04 PM
I'm not huge on McNabb like most here, but I still don't like the pick at all. Stanton is way too inconsistent. You don't take 4-5 year backups in the 2nd round, especially when he's a backup to one of the best players at his position, and they already have a good backup like Feeley.

More info on Andre Waters' death (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/18/sports/football/18waters.html?_r=1&hp&ex=1169096400&en=60edcd39036b0e8d&ei=5094&partner=homepage&oref=slogin)

bsaza2358
01-18-2007, 02:05 PM
I don't think Stanton is a second rounder. I like him as a pro prospect, from a physical standpoint, but not for the Eagles in any round. I don't think he has that winning edge that the Eagles look for in their QB's. He played against Big 10 competition and generally struggled against slower competition. His mobility is minimal, and he will zero in on targets, making him an INT machine. I also don't like his deep ball.

I would much prefer Jordan Palmer as a 3rd rounder because he has better overall tools and has the pedigree of his brother (Carson Palmer).

Eaglez.Fan
01-18-2007, 02:46 PM
I actually love Stanton, I really don't know why but I really like the way he plays. I watched alot of UM games and he played very good IMO, the leadership everything.
But a QB isn't the right move for us. McNabb might seem to be an injury prone QB, but alot of the injuries were fluke, which noone can do anything about..

And after wathing tape on Michael Griffin, I really liked him. He is an amazing special teams guy, great hitter, pretty good tackler, but could work on technique, and good cover guy. I'd want him with our 1st pick.

Doctordulitl
01-18-2007, 04:50 PM
I really dont think that the eagles will go with a QB in the 2nd round.... If Andy follows what he has done in the past then they may take one in the later rounds who has potential and try to groom him over the years. I especially dont think the eagles will take a QB in the 2nd round this year because that will add fuel to the fire that they may think that Donovan is all he's cracked up to be, and they need a better secondary option. And you know how the fans will take that and how andy likes to protect his players. I just dont see that happening especially so early in the draft

Doctordulitl
01-18-2007, 04:53 PM
And after wathing tape on Michael Griffin, I really liked him. He is an amazing special teams guy, great hitter, pretty good tackler, but could work on technique, and good cover guy. I'd want him with our 1st pick.

Couldnt agree more with you As of right now Griffin is definitely the guy i want in the 1st round, we'll see how he does at the combine..... I like Patrick Willis if he is there but I dont think that they could go wrong with Griffin

Dillen
01-18-2007, 05:07 PM
Griffin will probably be the best defensive player on the board at #26 so I'd have no problem taking him.

Go_Eagles77
01-18-2007, 07:01 PM
Griffin will probably be the best defensive player on the board at #26 so I'd have no problem taking him.

Agree.

jonbrodo17
01-18-2007, 07:51 PM
probably, but i would love to see Patrik Willis in an iggle uni

Doctordulitl
01-18-2007, 07:59 PM
If my memory is correct the eagles have to give up a pick for Donte which was originally a 4th rounder and would only be moved up to a 3rd rounder if they re-signed him - if this is true do you think the eagles are aware of this and may not try to resign him until after the draft???

just curious cause only giving up a 4th is a lot better then a 3rd.....

cunningham06
01-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Michael Griffin would be a good pick, he's a great athlete, his skills and technique really need to be refined though, UT's defense was a letdown this season. A QB in round 2 would be a waste of a pick we have no need for another backup qb at this point.

jblaze66
01-19-2007, 12:10 AM
If my memory is correct the eagles have to give up a pick for Donte which was originally a 4th rounder and would only be moved up to a 3rd rounder if they re-signed him - if this is true do you think the eagles are aware of this and may not try to resign him until after the draft???

just curious cause only giving up a 4th is a lot better then a 3rd.....If they wait till after the draft he will be on another team already guaranteed

bsaza2358
01-19-2007, 08:53 AM
The deal was that if the Eagles signed him to a contract extension, it would move from a 4 to a 3. My feeling is they're going to try to wait it out or see what the market is for him before making an offer. I think it's stupid, but I trust this front office.

bsaza2358
01-19-2007, 09:23 AM
I don't foresee Willis lasting until the Eagles pick. Given how the team tends to value LB's, I also don't see them moving up to get Willis in the middle of the first round.

bsaza2358
01-19-2007, 09:24 AM
Another oddity of this year's draft is that the Eagles don't have 10+ picks. It's really weird to think that they won't be mixing it up and such. They also won't get any compensatory picks because they signed Darren Howard and didn't really lose much.

bsaza2358
01-19-2007, 12:57 PM
Guys, this is really bad. We're getting outclassed by fans of Jacksonville and Tennessee. We have a bunch of good posters, and there should be a lively Eagles debate. No reason why we shouldn't have more posts and discussion amongst us Eagles fans...

Dillen
01-19-2007, 01:27 PM
The deal was that if the Eagles signed him to a contract extension, it would move from a 4 to a 3. My feeling is they're going to try to wait it out or see what the market is for him before making an offer. I think it's stupid, but I trust this front office.
I usually trust the front office, and I'd like to, but I definitely don't here. Donte loves Philadelphia, if the Eagles were serious about him coming back he'd have an extension by now.

@ryan0022....Donte isn't going to be around draft time, dude. He's easily the best WR on the market.

bsaza2358
01-19-2007, 01:36 PM
It is concerning to me that he hasn't gotten locked up yet, especially now that the team has had a week after the end of the season to decompress and such. Not even a word from the press about them talking contract. I am starting to get more and more worried. It's not that I don't like Avant and Baskett, it's just that Stallworth gives us such a bigger matchup problem on the outside, you have to resign him...

NikkiSixx
01-19-2007, 01:40 PM
if you read his comments from the interview on wip he did with howard eskin yesterday (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeNewsDetail.jsp?id=63915), you can see andy not being super-enthusiastic about stallworth, saving stronger words for signing juqua thomas.

"On whether WR Donte' Stallworth will return: "I enjoyed having Donte' here. He did a nice job. Again, we'll see as the free-agency process starts here."

On DE Juqua Thomas and his status: "Again, it's early here. I would tell you this: I'm not real big on losing defensive linemen. I want to try to keep as many of those guys as I can. I think it starts up front, and so I'll look at that very closely.""

bsaza2358
01-19-2007, 01:54 PM
Good find, Eye. This is not a positive development to be sure. I think Stallworth's explosiveness was a huge plus for this team. The problem is, he wasn't always healthy and available to be used. When you only play half a season, it's pretty tough. The team did well when Stallworth was out, but they were much more potent when he was playing.

NikkiSixx
01-19-2007, 02:08 PM
In the Daily News the other day, Les Bowen wrote that he thought the team really like Baskett and Avant and felt that the Eagles might not keep Stallworth because of that. I think they're both fine in the slot or maybe in the red zone with their height, but you can't tell me Baskett would have been as wide open as Stallworth was on that first TD the other night.

bsaza2358
01-19-2007, 02:12 PM
Stallworth's blinding speed stretches the D like Pinkston used to do. The main difference is that Stallworth can do other things, has better agility, and has hands and toughness. I like him a ton in our offense, but I still trust the front office here.

NikkiSixx
01-19-2007, 02:15 PM
well we don't know what the front office will do, so i'll trust 'em as long as they re-sign him. :D

but i completely agree with you on his worth to the team. reggie brown is quick, probably quicker than most people will give him credit for, but he just doesn't have the blasters like stallworth does.

bsaza2358
01-19-2007, 02:19 PM
I think if the Eagles stick with their offense the way they ran it at the end of the season with McNabb's overall effectiveness as a passer, they're going to have a lot of success. They should be dominating next year, but still capable of the quick strike offense. If they resign Stallworth, I will be even more excited. I'm almost positive they have the money because TO's cap hit is gone, and the cap is going up another $10mm at least.

Eaglez.Fan
01-19-2007, 02:58 PM
If we do resign Donte, that would be huge. He'd stretched the defense more than alot, and I mean alot of starting WR's in this league. All the other teams know wehn both Donte and McNabb were healthy they took atleast a couple shots down feild that usually connected. I actually really liked Avant coming into this year but I wanted to see more playing time out of him, he had probably the best hands at the combine, maybe to Chad Jackson. Avant hoepfully this year will play in the slot some, even though I also really like Gregy Lewis. So basicaly if we resign Donte we'll have an unstoppable WR corp

As for the our 2nd pick, what about David Harris (Scotts Report) (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/ilb/davidharris.html) the ILB for Michigan?

NikkiSixx
01-19-2007, 03:01 PM
if jeremy bloom can play without getting injured in training camp and preseason, i think lewis is gone. it sounds like bloom is doing all the right thing, according to this article:

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeNewsDetail.jsp?id=63839

there was an article on espn.com a few weeks back that said a lot of the same stuff.

Dillen
01-19-2007, 03:46 PM
Even though it's extremely important to keep Donte, the biggest think about next year is Reid not going back to airing it out. They need 55/45, atleast.

bsaza2358
01-19-2007, 03:53 PM
I liked this offense best back in 2003 when they had the 3-headed monster with a healthy Buck, Duce, and Westbrook before he finally emerged. This team had a worse offensive line than it does now, a lesser receiving corps, and a less effective McNabb, and they controlled the clock and scored points. I think an RB duo combination of Buck and Westbrook with a small dose of Moats, would be pretty ideal for this team. Balance next season is the key.

nyjetsguy27
01-19-2007, 05:31 PM
what are all of you guys thinking as far as the QB situation goes? mcnabb, garcia, or someone new?

NikkiSixx
01-19-2007, 05:42 PM
someone new? are you kidding? mcnabb has his flaws, but he's probably the best quarterback in the nfc, and garcia just won six games in a row. if garcia re-signs, i'd say we're pretty set. the eagles might draft a QB to groom for the future, but they have far more problems elsewhere than at quarterback.

Incinerator
01-19-2007, 08:20 PM
As for the our 2nd pick, what about David Harris (Scotts Report) the ILB for Michigan?

I dont like David Harris there, I think that Anthony Waters (Clemson) is better and would be a cheap pickup to be groomed under Trotter for a year. So with the 2nd I could see the FO going CB, or maybe even DL depending on whose available.

EaglesFan
01-19-2007, 10:03 PM
I have visited this site for quite a while and have only recently decided to register here. Anyways, I'm a diehard Eagles fan and have a couple of questions for you other Eagles fans. First, what do you think the chances are that the Eagles actually draft Brian Leonard? Do you think the front office will feel the need to draft Leonard even though the fullback position isn't really a need? By the way, I really hate the Eagles 2nd round pick in the mock draft. First of all, there's absolutely no way the Eagles take a QB on the first day of the draft. They won't want to have McNabb feel like he may be replaced, QB isn't a need (especially if Garcia resigns), and it'd be ridiculous to bring in a QB in the 2nd round just in case McNabb gets injured (there's no way a rookie would step up and control the offense like Garcia did). I really think that Drew Stanton pick should be changed. I do love getting Michael Griffin in the 1st round though. I'm sorry if any of this has already been discussed.

Green Kool Aid
01-20-2007, 08:17 AM
Brian Leonard is actually my darkhorse 1st round pick. The Iggles won't actually draft him, even though he would be really useful, because he doesn't match our (sigh) philosophy.

Leonard can block and catch passes, run north/south, and spell Westbrook. I like Moats, but he doesn't fit our (sigh) philosophy. I see him being cut, going elsewhere, and succeeding.

Leonard would be the second coming of Duce Staley for the Eagles, but Donovan will come back, and they will probably go back to the pass-happy team they are. I really feel that we had a chance to do something special and different this year, and Andy Reid blew it in the Saints game, reverting back to calling bone-headed plays.

All the signs point to Stallworth not coming back. Garcia, gone, in order to avoid QB controversy because the EAGLES ARE SPINELESS LYING WANNABE CHAMPIONS....

Sorry, I started to lose it. Thin line, love and hate, and all.

In any event, my 2 round mock for the Eagles so far:

1. Michael Griffith (or 1a. Patrick Willis if he's around)
2. Brian Leonard (hopefully he's around in the 2nd)

NikkiSixx
01-20-2007, 08:49 AM
I agree that Leonard would be a nice second-round pick for Eagles, certainly offering a lot more than Tapeh does now. I think he'd have to run a pretty damn fast 40 to sneak into the first round now that all the underclassmen have declared. i don't know if it's totally out of the question that the eagles pick him, since they had some luck with l.j. smith from rutgers before.

have you guys heard about this yet? first and weirdest offseason move...

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/football/16505149.htm

NikkiSixx
01-20-2007, 08:50 AM
I agree that Leonard would be a nice second-round pick for Eagles, certainly offering a lot more than Tapeh does now. I think he'd have to run a pretty damn fast 40 to sneak into the first round now that all the underclassmen have declared. i don't know if it's totally out of the question that the eagles pick him, since they had some luck with l.j. smith from rutgers before.

Green Kool Aid
01-20-2007, 08:58 AM
I was also wondering if there were any players we have left to resign to ridiculously long contract extensions, since that is our strategy, instead of signing useful free agents like Adalius Thomas, Lance Briggs, or Daniel Graham.

That's my early offseason wishlist:

1. Sign Thomas or Briggs for SLB (move Gocong back to DE).
2. Draft Griffith (or Willis) and Leonard in the 2nd.
3. Sign Daniel Graham to replace Schobel, and maye LJ if he leaves.

We also STILL need a mammoth space-eating DT, and a PR/KR. We won't get our DT, and it looks like we are depending on Jeremy Bloom again as a return man. God, the Eagles never learn. Which leads me to my next point...

I've got a bone to pick with Mr. Bsaza. Why should we have faith in a front office that has proven little? We've become the Buffalo Bills of the 21st century. The Eagles are the other guy on the Michael Jordan dunk posters. The front office cares about one thing, as recently proven by Joe Banner's poorly-timed comments, and that is to maintain their money machine they have running at the Linc. That is priority #1.

And I definitely don't want to hear about, "Well, would you rather be the Arizona Cardinals?" No, I'd rather be the exciting San Diego Chargers with a sick RB, Gates, and sick LBs in a really hard Conference, than a really whiny Donovan McNabb and a poorly used Westbrook with 3 NFC championship losses in a bad conference.

IMO, the Eagles are running out of excuses and time.

Green Kool Aid
01-20-2007, 09:04 AM

That is weird. It's like when they tried to sign Justin Gatlin as a WR. What's wrong with them?! Why are they always trying to outhink themselves?! Why go all the way to Australia to sign a punter, and simultaneously refuse to sign a free agent LB because they don't want to pay up!? Baffling.

NikkiSixx
01-20-2007, 09:21 AM
over at espn.com, len pasquarelli, in his insider tip notes column, says both the bears and the ravens are thinking about franchise tagging briggs and thomas, which would kill the free agent market even more.

Green Kool Aid
01-20-2007, 09:27 AM
Sorry, I'm officially ranting now. McNabb is whiny, but he's a decent QB. His career, however, has been squandered by Andy Reid. He never fully fit the West Coast, but that's not as big a deal as how Andy has used him up, and will spit him out soon.

That's right. You don't think it will ever happen, but our Million Dollar Baby will one day find himself on the outside looking in. He's been injured 3 out of the last 4 years, and has not finished the season. This is ALL due to the constant punishment Andy subjected him to with his ridiculous pass/run ratio. Not to mention the fact that at the peak of Donovan's career, he was protected by a makeshift O-line with undrafted FA's like Artis Hicks and Hank Fraley.

Because Andy Reid did not have a viable run game, because our play-action was laughable and opposing teams would simply attack Donovan, he is now the injury-prone QB we know today.

I really hope the Eagles can still win, but with their continuing glaring weaknesses, it doesn't look like it. Keep in mind that these basic weaknesses (e.g. LBs, small D-line, poor run game and play-calling) start with the coaches and management. That is why I can't blindly support this front office, as if they were the SUPER BOWL WINNING Patriots.

Green Kool Aid
01-20-2007, 09:30 AM
over at espn.com, len pasquarelli, in his insider tip notes column, says both the bears and the ravens are thinking about franchise tagging briggs and thomas, which would kill the free agent market even more.

That's what I hear, but it wouldn't make much cap-sense for either team to invest so much money in their LB corp, as they both have superstar LBs getting paid big bucks. I think one of the two will shake free.

Eaglez.Fan
01-20-2007, 09:31 AM
I actually love what there doing, if they could improve Gatlin's WR skills he'd be killer,and if this punter can pull it together he'd be great. In the Aussie Rules football league they actually have some terrific athletes, I'd llike to see them bring more in at different positons, say saftey or something like that.

Also with all the former bball TE's, we should scout some old college bballers who weren't good enough to make it in the NBA, like a SF

Just thinking outside the box :P

NikkiSixx
01-20-2007, 09:41 AM
That's what I hear, but it wouldn't make much cap-sense for either team to invest so much money in their LB corp, as they both have superstar LBs getting paid big bucks. I think one of the two will shake free.

but the thing about the franchise tag is that they only need to pay big bucks for one year. so if they have cap room and don't want to lose the guy for next season, they can do it. doesn't mean they will, but i wouldn't be surprised if that happens.

jonbrodo17
01-20-2007, 09:51 AM
i would love to see lance briggs in an iggle uni.... wats every1 think about andy saying no to donovans press conference, check out profootballtalk.com for an article

NikkiSixx
01-20-2007, 10:06 AM
yeah, jon, i just saw that article. here's the link:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

NikkiSixx
01-20-2007, 10:11 AM
personally, i think thomas might work about better than briggs because gaither was ok at WLB but now you have dhani jones (who should be gone), chris gocong, and fringe guys for the SS position. eagles could sign thomas, draft an OLB, hope trotter can hang on one more year, then move gaither inside and hope the latest draft pick isn't a matt mccoy clone.

Dillen
01-20-2007, 11:03 AM
I actually love what there doing, if they could improve Gatlin's WR skills he'd be killer
It's a stupid thought. His "WR skills" are being fast. You'd need to teach him everything about the position. Why even bother when you have Bloom, atleast he's played football before.

I would love for the Eagles to sign Adalius Thomas, but it won't happen. He's 30 years old. The FAs the Eagles try to sign are always on their way up.

Green Kool Aid
01-20-2007, 11:25 AM
I actually love what there doing, if they could improve Gatlin's WR skills he'd be killer
It's a stupid thought. His "WR skills" are being fast. You'd need to teach him everything about the position. Why even bother when you have Bloom, atleast he's played football before.

I would love for the Eagles to sign Adalius Thomas, but it won't happen. He's 30 years old. The FAs the Eagles try to sign are always on their way up.

I think he was kidding.

And it doesn't matter if Adalius Thomas is 30, he was the best player on the Ravens D. Give him a five year contract, and only three have to count if he does suddenly suck. Besdies, B-Dawk is 32 or 33 and I want him playing on my team until he's 40. It's the talent, not the age that matters.

By the way, is Darren Howard on his way up, because I don't recall seeing him at all down the stretch. Ditto Jabar Gaffney, until he put on a Pats uniform.

So much for the Eagles cap-smart free agent strategy.

Eaglez.Fan
01-20-2007, 11:29 AM
By WR skills I ment catching, route running and all that fun stuff. But I'm just trying to say there is so loss in trying things out. If he doesn't pan out well then whatever, if he does then great.

Dillen
01-20-2007, 11:36 AM
I think he was kidding.

And it doesn't matter if Adalius Thomas is 30, he was the best player on the Ravens D. Give him a five year contract, and only three have to count if he does suddenly suck. Besdies, B-Dawk is 32 or 33 and I want him playing on my team until he's 40. It's the talent, not the age that matters.

By the way, is Darren Howard on his way up, because I don't recall seeing him at all down the stretch. Ditto Jabar Gaffney, until he put on a Pats uniform.

So much for the Eagles cap-smart free agent strategy.
I agree that it doesn't matter that Thomas is 30 years old. I highly doubt the front office agrees.

The Eagles were interested in Howard two years before they signed him this year, all the years he was franchised by New Orleans. They've liked him for a real long time and finally got who they wanted.

Gaffney was signed to a 1 year contract. They weren't investing in him at all. Besides, you'd think he's on his way up considering he put up decent numbers in a horrible Texans offense at age 25 or whatever it was.

jonbrodo17
01-20-2007, 11:36 AM
hes right, the only thing u can't teach is speed and gatlin has a lot of it

mpt117
01-20-2007, 01:38 PM
i know everyone wants the eagles to make a free agent splash but as we all now that it dont happen with this team except for 04 with kearse and to. we do sign FAs but not the top of the market. so we prob wont get thomas or briggs, as it has been stated thomas will most likely stay and if not is franchised and briggs would cost too much money. one name no one has mentioned is cato june, but people dont like him because he is small. i like him because he is fast and can cover better than any of our LBs right now and the colts dont usually resign their LB talent as they have let mike peterson, david thornton, and marcus washington walk once they hit the market. a player i would like to see them get is run stopping DT terdell sands of the raiders, he is like 6'6-6'7 330 lbs and wouldnt cost much but oakland is in talks of retaining him. as for the mock i love the pick of griffin, got play making ability and can tackle. not a fan of drafting a qb in round 2 at all and we prob wont draft leonard either as we likely have needs rather than FB. and i think its a mistake to let stallworth walk after the season he had and expressed wanting to come back. i have no idea why they wouldnt resign him as it would be pointless just to have him for one year and that would be a pointless trade as the eagles value draft picks and this is the first time in a while they dont have double digit picks

mpt117
01-20-2007, 02:00 PM
forgot to mention i would love the eagles to get pats TE daniel graham, he is young, can catch, and is a great blocker. also the pats have 3 other TEs in ben watson, dave thomas, and garrett mills. and i know its a longshot but for them to look at S ken hamlin but we most likely gonna draft one

Dillen
01-20-2007, 02:29 PM
June is an awful fit. He's played like **** this year and is smaller than McCoy and Gaither. You think the Eagles run defense sucks now? Watch them with June instead of the other two.

Interesting situation. In the forum mock every defensive player I would consider is gone. Gaines Adams, Jamaal Anderson, Laron Landry, Reggie Nelson, Patrick Willis, Leon Hall, Lawrence Timmons, Darrelle Revis, and Michael Griffin. I have no idea what way to go. I'm thinking maybe Quentin Moses but I'm definitely not a fan of his. I'm not going to take a WR because in the mock the Eagles kept Stallworth.

Grizzlegom
01-20-2007, 04:41 PM
June is an awful fit. He's played like *********** this year and is smaller than McCoy and Gaither. You think the Eagles run defense sucks now? Watch them with June instead of the other two.

Interesting situation. In the forum mock every defensive player I would consider is gone. Gaines Adams, Jamaal Anderson, Laron Landry, Reggie Nelson, Patrick Willis, Leon Hall, Lawrence Timmons, Darrelle Revis, and Michael Griffin. I have no idea what way to go. I'm thinking maybe Quentin Moses but I'm definitely not a fan of his. I'm not going to take a WR because in the mock the Eagles kept Stallworth.

is Poz available? if so he would be a perfect fit for the eagles.

EaglesFan
01-20-2007, 04:51 PM
Here are the best free agent options, in my opinions, for the Eagles:

I hope you people look at this even though I only have two posts. I may not be experienced on these boards but I have been following football for many years just like the rest of you.

QB (Obviously to Backup McNabb)

1. Matt Schuab (RFA) - Ain't going to happen but he's probably the best QB available
2. Jeff Garcia - Hopefully he'll resign with the Eagles
3. Damon Huard - Was so-so for the Chiefs when Trent Green went down with that concussion
4. Tim Rattay - Had that one good game against the Bears

The Eagles will probably draft a QB on day two to backup McNabb if they don't get Garcia or Huard. Rattay may be the 4th best QB available but his talent is that of 3rd stringer.

RB

1. Michael Turner (RFA) - Also, like Schuab, isn't going to happen; he'll find a starting role elsewhere
2. Chris Brown - What happened to Chris Brown? I remember about two years ago, Priest Holmes (in an SI interview) saying he was a potenial top five RB. It's amazing what an injury can do to a guy.
3. Ahman Green - I'd be amazed if a team would give him a shot to start so I don't think he'd be that expensive - nothing like he was before that injury.
4. Adrian Peterson (Bears not Sooners) - Averaged five yards per carry in '05 but he was only give 10 carries this season. Has some potenial.
5. Correll Buckhalter - I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him again and see if he were to progress to the point were he is a good as he was before his injury.

WR

1. Donte Stallworth - We need to resign him. I have a feeling we will but it won't be until after March 15th or whenever free agency begins. They'd do that to get rid of their 4th rounder instead of their 3rd rounder.
2. Drew Bennett - No chance we'll get him. He'll be offered big money because of the lack of good available FAs.
3. Kevin Curtis - If we don't get Stallworth, I definitely want the Eagles to go after Curtis as he is also a big play threat who has done great as the 3rd receiver for the Rams. I think he'd excel as a #2.
4. Piles of No-Name WRs - Patrick Crayton, Ernest Wilford, DJ Hackett, Keenan McCardell (not a no-name but he has definitely lost the talent he had a Jaguar), Tyrone Calico...

OL - Don't think it is a need for the Eagles...best player is probably Leonard Davis of the Cardinals, though.

DL

1. Dwight Freeney (DE) - No chance we'll get him.
2. Jared Allen (DE)
3. Terrell Sands (DT) - I'd like the Eagles to sign him...we need a "hole stuffer"
4. Justin Smith (DE)
5. Hollis Thomas (DT) - No way he'd want to come back. I think he signed an extension anyways...I might be mistaken.

LB (Should be the Eagles #1 priority)

1. Adalius Thomas
2. Lance Briggs
3. Cato June - Eagles won't sign him because of character issues
4. London Fletcher
5. Na'il Diggs

CB

1. Nate Clements - Won't happen
2. Asante Samuel - Won't happen
3. Nick Harper

S

1. Ken Hamlin - Good all-around safety that doesn't have problems in coverage. I hope the Eagles take a run at this guy.
2. Michael Lewis - I wish the Eagles wouldn't have just given up on him. There's no chance of his return.
3. Deon Grant
4. Gibril Wilson (RFA)

Opinions on all of this?

jonbrodo17
01-20-2007, 05:23 PM
i wouldn't mind michael lewis as a linebacker here (no way hes comin back though)

Pretty solid all around, and lets see wat happens

Eaglez.Fan
01-20-2007, 05:40 PM
LOL, Justin gatlin is on Pro's vs. Joe's.

June would be terrible, he's was too small and I can tackle better than him. He'd be more like a saftey but he most likely won't switch, I wouldn't want him at S for us anyways.

Nice read tho, EaglesFan

Dillen
01-20-2007, 05:44 PM
is Poz available? if so he would be a perfect fit for the eagles.
He was available, and he's an awful fit. I hate the majority of PSU fans because they think every PSU player is a perfect fit.

bsaza2358
01-21-2007, 12:12 PM
I'm a PSU fan, and I hate Poz as a fit for the Eagles. However, I like Dan Connor as a prospect in next year's draft.

bsaza2358
01-22-2007, 08:33 AM
Is it just me, or did it look like the Eagles could have absolutely beaten Chicago for most of the game yesterday? Grossman under pressure was getting obliterated early on, and the Chicago D looked susceptible to be gashed by both the run and the pass. I think the Eagles would have at least put up more of a fight and would have done better than NO.

NikkiSixx
01-22-2007, 08:58 AM
they would have run it down our throats like they did on that one second-quarter drive with thomas jones. i don't know why they got away from that in third quarter.

if we held on to the ball, we would have played the bears better. then again, if the saints had held on to the ball, they would have played better, too.

bsaza2358
01-22-2007, 10:00 AM
I think the Eagles would have been much less error prone than the Saints were. I think the Saints' getting away from their running game, plus Drew Brees' poor performance, allowed Chicago to dominate. The Eagles would have done a better job picking up the Bears pass rush, plus they would have run the ball. I think the Eagles would have made it much closer and could have pulled it off.

bsaza2358
01-22-2007, 12:12 PM
Who here is not excited about Parcells leaving Dallas? To me, his stale coaching and inability to adapt made his teams an easy target for victories. Bringing in a new coach could be a tougher challenge.

Thoughts?

mpt117
01-22-2007, 02:51 PM
Eagles | Team unlikely to re-sign Stallworth before free agency starts
Sun, 21 Jan 2007 12:47:21 -0800

Reuben Frank, of PhillyBurbs.com, reports Philadelphia Eagles general manager Tom Heckert said the team is unlikely to re-sign WR Donte' Stallworth before free agency starts. Heckert said, "If he's healthy, he's a really good player. I think that will be kind of a wait-and-see deal because I don't think even he knows what he's worth. Getting him done before free agency, that's probably not going to happen. There's not a whole lot of wide receivers out there. It's tough to gauge. When he's healthy, he's a good player. People are going to say the same thing — if he's injured (often), how much are you going to pay him? But he's young and he's fast. He's really fast. I think he'll probably end up signing a pretty good contract somewhere. If you look at last year, those (2006 free agents) got huge money and they were just OK guys."

you know what this pissed me off because he brings a diff dimension to the game and can stretch the field. also brings me to a point, wtf was the point of that trade in just to bring him in for a year? damn, our FO can be real dumb sometimes

Go_Eagles77
01-22-2007, 03:00 PM
Eagles | Team unlikely to re-sign Stallworth before free agency starts
Sun, 21 Jan 2007 12:47:21 -0800

Reuben Frank, of PhillyBurbs.com, reports Philadelphia Eagles general manager Tom Heckert said the team is unlikely to re-sign WR Donte' Stallworth before free agency starts. Heckert said, "If he's healthy, he's a really good player. I think that will be kind of a wait-and-see deal because I don't think even he knows what he's worth. Getting him done before free agency, that's probably not going to happen. There's not a whole lot of wide receivers out there. It's tough to gauge. When he's healthy, he's a good player. People are going to say the same thing — if he's injured (often), how much are you going to pay him? But he's young and he's fast. He's really fast. I think he'll probably end up signing a pretty good contract somewhere. If you look at last year, those (2006 free agents) got huge money and they were just OK guys."

you know what this pissed me off because he brings a diff dimension to the game and can stretch the field. also brings me to a point, wtf was the point of that trade in just to bring him in for a year? damn, our FO can be real dumb sometimes

:x

Eaglez.Fan
01-22-2007, 04:11 PM
That's fine with me, hopefully we'll sign him after the draft so we lose our 4th instead of 3rd rounder

Dillen
01-22-2007, 06:43 PM
There is absolutely zero chance that the Eagles sign him after the draft.

B-Dawk
01-22-2007, 08:40 PM
If they dont resign stallworth then i think that meachem would be a great pick for the first round.

broadstbullies
01-22-2007, 10:18 PM
If they dont resign stallworth then i think that meachem would be a great pick for the first round.

you know the eagles would never do that. Anyway LB, S, DL all bigger needs even without Stall. I want him back, better than any 3rd round pick.

B-Dawk
01-22-2007, 11:55 PM

you know the eagles would never do that. Anyway LB, S, DL all bigger needs even without Stall. I want him back, better than any 3rd round pick.

I know that but i love meachem as a prospect and he would be able to provide a great deep ball threat who is more physical than stallworth, but the best prospect i like for the eagles is Weddle from Utah. I think he would fit right in with his versatility and knack for being around the ball.

cunningham06
01-23-2007, 12:15 AM

That is weird. It's like when they tried to sign Justin Gatlin as a WR. What's wrong with them?! Why are they always trying to outhink themselves?! Why go all the way to Australia to sign a punter, and simultaneously refuse to sign a free agent LB because they don't want to pay up!? Baffling.

Well, it worked quite well for the Jets with Graham, so we'll see it's a good idea IMO.

bsaza2358
01-23-2007, 08:34 AM
I think the team wants to look at the market and see what other teams are offering right now before they go and invest a ton of money in Stallworth. What teams are really in the market for a WR with his skill set? I can count KC, Houston, Miami, New England, Cleveland, Tennessee (maybe), San Diego, San Francisco, Minnesota, and Tampa Bay (maybe). That's a lot of teams that have a lot of cap space between them to spend on WR's.

bsaza2358
01-23-2007, 08:36 AM
I guess I can see the wisdom of waiting for another team to go after Stallworth. They did the same thing with Trotter a few years ago and Runyan last season. You let the market establish a price, then you make your best offer and see what happens. If the player wants to come back, he will be back. If not, he is gone, and you move on. This is something that the Eagles tend to do with their veteran FA's. They seem to lock them up early or let them go to FA and make a bid against the open market.

NikkiSixx
01-23-2007, 12:29 PM
Some coaching news just popped up on the Eagles Web site. Sean McDermott will be new LBs coach, and Harbaugh is going to be secondary coach.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeNewsDetail.jsp?id=64017

bsaza2358
01-23-2007, 12:36 PM
I'm not sure putting Harbaugh as the secondary coach is really a good idea. Then again, with Dawkins ready to retire in a few years, he can easily step in immediately as a secondary or safeties coach (if he wanted to). I would love that.

EaglesFan
01-23-2007, 03:00 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2739967

What do you guys think of this? Read above article (about McNabb).

bsaza2358
01-23-2007, 03:30 PM
I don't think anything of it at all. I think it was a fluff piece from a third rate newspaper. The reporter got his information from a "source close to Donovan McNabb", which means his parents or a friend trying to cause a stir. Reid already addressed it in the media and called it a waste of time, basically. I don't care about it. I think Donovan will use the threat to his job as motivation to come back better and stronger, and the team will be better off for it.

Eaglez.Fan
01-23-2007, 04:50 PM
I'm watching the Senior Bowl here some guys that look good and we could use

Aaron Ross the CB, has looked the best, great covering
Dwayne Bowe WR
Michael Griffin S, did look good covering WR's outside
Lorenzo Booker RB, really intrigued me, he is a Westbrook clone, but imagine haveing 2 of them :P
And Quitin Moses DE, looked good in some drills, using lower body quickness

jblaze66
01-23-2007, 07:58 PM

I believe that is a newspaper that is trying to sell more newspapers, that is all.

Eaglez.Fan
01-23-2007, 08:12 PM

I believe that is a newspaper that is trying to sell more newspapers, that is all.

Means nothing

Shiver
01-23-2007, 09:46 PM
What is Winston Justice's position, in the future? Left or Right?

mpt117
01-23-2007, 09:59 PM
in scotts new team/player observations under the eagles were 3 OL:

T/G Texas Justin Blalock
T Arkansas Tony Ugoh
T Georgia Tech Marshall Wrotto

and only talked to one DB which was Cal CB Daymeion Hughes

jblaze66
01-23-2007, 10:14 PM

T/G Texas Justin Blalock
T Arkansas Tony Ugoh

I don't think its out of the question for them to take a guy like Blalock if he is there at 26. Suprised to see them talking to Hughes though, he seems like a Cover 2 guy really.

B-Dawk
01-23-2007, 10:17 PM

T/G Texas Justin Blalock
T Arkansas Tony Ugoh

When I saw this, I thought to myself, i could entirely see them going with Blalock in the first, completing the line of the future, with Blalock most likely at right tackle.

Eaglez.Fan
01-24-2007, 08:09 AM
Blalock is a better gaurd IMO

Justice - Blalock - Jackson - Andrews - Herremens

:?: :?:

bsaza2358
01-24-2007, 08:44 AM
I really don't care who they talk to. The team is generally close-lipped about their first round pick. People can sometimes get a read on them (McNabb, Simon, Freddie Mitchell), but most of their other selections were pretty big surprises. Most of their talking is directed at later round selections, if anything.

bsaza2358
01-24-2007, 08:45 AM
Along those lines, I refuse to believe that the Eagles are going to spend their first round pick on a backup OG, when there are significant and pressing needs on the defensive side of the ball. I could see a DLine pick, but definitely not OLine first round.

Dillen
01-24-2007, 08:51 AM
I really don't care who they talk to. The team is generally close-lipped about their first round pick. People can sometimes get a read on them (McNabb, Simon, Freddie Mitchell), but most of their other selections were pretty big surprises. Most of their talking is directed at later round selections, if anything.
On another Eagles board I go to, they keep a huge list of who the Eagles are/were interested in. Last year 6 of 8 draft picks were on the list, then Baskett and Pat McCoy too.