PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Eagles Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Thumper
02-10-2010, 08:50 PM
Yes please to Kolb for Rogers.

I'd much prefer to ship McNabb away for Shaun Rogers than Kevin Kolb.

The move would be incredibly stupid, getting rid of the future QB for a player the team doesn't even need. Is Shaun Rogers better than what the Eagles have yes, but he is old, lazy and injury prone and Bunkley, Patterson and Dixon are one of the best defensive tackle rotations in the NFL. Pass! The only player I'd consider trading Kolb for would be Jared Allen, you don't just throw away future franchise QBs.

Sniper
02-10-2010, 08:58 PM
The only player I'd consider trading Kolb for would be Jared Allen, you don't just throw away future franchise QBs.

Except Kolb's not a future franchise QB, and you'd be moronic to only trade him for Jared Allen. Your man-crush on Kolb is beyond ridiculous.

Thumper
02-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Except Kolb's not a future franchise QB, and you'd be moronic to only trade him for Jared Allen. Your man-crush on Kolb is beyond ridiculous.

Yes, he is and I was saying that for dramatic effect really, although I would be really hesitant to throw away a future franchise QB (which is exactly what he is) for another player especially considering how McNabb's age and injury history.

Todd Bertuzzi
02-10-2010, 09:21 PM
Can we start an Eagles discussion thread for those of us who are pro McNabb so we don't have to listen to this?

Brothgar
02-10-2010, 10:02 PM
Hey guys I got the Eagles in RC's forum mock.

This is what I did thus far.

24. Philadelphia Eagles - Sean Weatherspoon, OLB, Missouri
56. Philadelphia Eagles - Larry Asante, S, Nebraska
69. Philadelphia Eagles (f/SEA) - Kareem Jackson, CB, Alabama
87. Philadelphia Eagles - D’Anthony Smith

*PHI/BUF - Buffalo trades its fifth (136th overall) and sixth (168th overall) round picks to Philadelphia for Michael Vick.

Tried to shop Mc5 but no takers.

superman8456
02-10-2010, 10:11 PM

*PHI/BUF - Buffalo trades its fifth (136th overall) and sixth (168th overall) round picks to Philadelphia for Michael Vick.

Don't know what safeties were available in the 2nd, so I wont complain. The draft looks pretty good thus far. Keep up the good work!

Next you should try and get LeGarrette Blount, or any bigger back really, along with a redzone target, tall, big WR.

If you get to the 5th and 6th and there is still a player like Mike Neal still on the board, take him. OG is a viable option as well.

superman8456
02-10-2010, 10:12 PM
Can we start an Eagles discussion thread for those of us who are pro McNabb so we don't have to listen to this?

I'm pro McNabb, but I could understand why the franchise would trade him/shop him around.

I also believe that Kolb is a very talented player.

brat316
02-10-2010, 10:31 PM
I believe Kolb is a very talented back up. I don't seem him as a starter, just a really good back up. Like a charlie batch.

Thumper
02-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Okay two things, most of you think you have to hate Kolb if you support McNabb or you hate McNabb if you support Kolb. Is it that bad to think the Eagles might have a good starter and another good starter waiting in the wings?

Also you all bash Kolb, calling him similar to Charlie Batch and basically ensuating he is a bad player, give me reasons, you all keep saying "NO! We love McNabb and Kolb sucks!" (paraphrasing of course) but please, tell me why you think Kolb is a bad player, why do you think he is the next Charlie Batch, if you are going to say something stupid like that at least have a reason to back it up, based on his first two starts what makes you guys think that he cannot be a franchise QB?

cunningham06
02-11-2010, 04:21 PM
I don't think we have enough to evaluate Kolb either way. I remember watching him in the Saints game and he had some truly horrible plays where I was screaming at the tv. We ended up just running gadget and wild cat plays at the end of the half because he wasn't doing much of anything throwing the ball. He did play better in the second half, but I was a bit disappointed in him after that game.

Then the next week he did really well against the Chiefs, but well... it's the Chiefs.

Thumper
02-11-2010, 04:26 PM
I don't think we have enough to evaluate Kolb either way. I remember watching him in the Saints game and he had some truly horrible plays where I was screaming at the tv. We ended up just running gadget and wild cat plays at the end of the half because he wasn't doing much of anything throwing the ball. He did play better in the second half, but I was a bit disappointed in him after that game.

Then the next week he did really well against the Chiefs, but well... it's the Chiefs.

Really? I thought just the opposite, I thought he was doing great in the first half, he finished the first half 14/22 with 196 yards and a TD pass. And then when momentum shifted to the Saints and they put up back to back scoring drives, Kevin Kolb then started forcing stuff.

Then against the Chiefs he did great, but like you said, they're the chiefs.

Sniper
02-11-2010, 04:30 PM

Plus, despite the fact that the Saints won the Super Bowl, their pass defense still ranked in the lower third of the league.

Todd Bertuzzi
Coming in to last season I was ready to give up on Kolb, but he showed signs with the playing time he got and it gave me hope. That being said, two starts is not enough to give him the label of franchise quarterback. Both starts he made some good decisions/throws and he made some bad ones. Take in to account that we passed the ball 40+ times each game and that he put up the numbers he did against mediocre to bad defenses. Still not enough to hand over the reigns to him, especially when McNabb has done nothing imo to be traded or benched. If the only argument you can give me for going with Kolb over McNabb is simply change than that's bs. McNabb's been here so long that we take for granted what it's like having an elite qb.

Sniper
Really? I thought just the opposite, I thought he was doing great in the first half, he finished the first half 14/22 with 196 yards and a TD pass. And then when momentum shifted to the Saints and they put up back to back scoring drives, Kevin Kolb then started forcing stuff.

Then against the Chiefs he did great, but like you said, they're the chiefs.

So that's 13/21 for 125 yards (5.95 ypa) without the big play to Jackson. Captain Checkdown, anyone?

Thumper
02-11-2010, 04:37 PM
So that's 13/21 for 125 yards (5.95 ypa) without the big play to Jackson. Captain Checkdown, anyone?

or 9.6 yards per completion, so no he isn't captain check down.

brat316
02-11-2010, 04:43 PM
or 9.6 yards per completion, so no he isn't captain check down.

that doesn't really count, since its really just hopping on the back of the WR or ball carriers work.

brat316
02-11-2010, 04:46 PM
Also I don't hate either one, both are good qbs. McNabb is the franchise qb, I don't know how you can say Kolb is. Maybe i'm wrong and Kolb can be a starting qb, but I just don't think he has "it" to be a franchise qb.

How is everyone insulating him by comparing him to charlie batch? I'm the only one that said it. And that is a pretty good thing, Charlie Batch is a very good back up, and can start for you in a pinch, recently his injuries have led to him being not as good.

Thumper
02-11-2010, 04:47 PM
that doesn't really count, since its really just hopping on the back of the WR or ball carriers work.

and YPA does count? This is just an example, but lets say a QB throws a long pass and it doesn't connect and then they connect for a 10 yard pass, do you know what their average is? 5 yards per throw, does that make them captain checkdown? According to Sniper they would be.

Thumper
02-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Also I don't hate either one, both are good qbs. McNabb is the franchise qb, I don't know how you can say Kolb is. Maybe i'm wrong and Kolb can be a starting qb, but I just don't think he has "it" to be a franchise qb.

How is everyone insulating him by comparing him to charlie batch? I'm the only one that said it. And that is a pretty good thing, Charlie Batch is a very good back up, and can start for you in a pinch, recently his injuries have led to him being not as good.

I was referring to you in that post for the most part, you keep saying that and yet Kolb and Batch have only one thing in common and that is that they are #2 QBs other than that they aren't very similar. Also give me reasons why you think Kolb is a career back-up, you keep saying that but WHY do you think that, what has Kolb shown you that makes you think he will never be a permanent starter in the NFL?

Thumper
02-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Also should we subtract all the big plays the receivers made for Donovan McNabb as well like Sniper did with Kolb?

Todd Bertuzzi
02-11-2010, 05:14 PM
He's done it without them before.

Thumper
02-11-2010, 05:20 PM
He's done it without them before.

Yeah, counting 2004 and 2009 McNabb has a career average of 6.9 yards per attempt, so is McNabb captain checkdown? And he has only averaged over 7 yards an attempt 3 times, 2004, 2006, 2009. McNabb = captain checkdown?

And his average would go down significantly if you took out all the big plays that DeSean, Jeremy and Brent made for him, so are we going to leave McNabb's alone and praise him for averaging 8.0 yards per throw while leaving all the big plays while we take away all the big plays DeSean and Brent Celek made for Kolb and knock him because of it.

brat316
02-11-2010, 05:29 PM
I don't really like either one. I like the one that shows yards per completion, but before YAC. So throw at 17 yards pass, but it goes for 30. Only count the 17 yards.

Also every qb has one or 2 big plays. But sometimes you take that away and see what else he has done. Its good to see what else they can do other than bomb it deep...since they can't do that every play.

Thumper
02-11-2010, 05:44 PM
I don't really like either one. I like the one that shows yards per completion, but before YAC. So throw at 17 yards pass, but it goes for 30. Only count the 17 yards.

Also every qb has one or 2 big plays. But sometimes you take that away and see what else he has done. Its good to see what else they can do other than bomb it deep...since they can't do that every play.

Exactly so is it fair to tear Kolb down while propping up McNabb for making big plays? No. (this is mostly directed at Sniper)

Sniper
02-12-2010, 07:47 AM
Exactly so is it fair to tear Kolb down while propping up McNabb for making big plays? No. (this is mostly directed at Sniper)

About as fair as it is to crown Kolb for padding his stats against bottom-10 secondaries.

camp_eagles
02-12-2010, 12:04 PM
based on his first two starts what makes you guys think that he cannot be a franchise QB?

Probably the fact that he only has two career starts. And he throws too many interceptions for my liking, and in that saints game he fell apart in the 2nd half along with the D but since we are eagles fans discussing QB play it was all Kolbs fault that the team fell apart in the 2nd half.
stat comparison of the last 2 mins of half
McNabb Kolb
comp% 59.1 52.9
yrds 633 119
TD/INT 4/2 0/2
QB rating 98.9 35.8

Thumper
02-12-2010, 04:17 PM
About as fair as it is to crown Kolb for padding his stats against bottom-10 secondaries.

And McNabb didn't? You keep acting like McNabb is some kind of super QB and Kolb is some guy out there who beat up on terrible defenses. McNabb did the same thing, he beat up on some sorry defenses as well.

superman8456
02-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Probably the fact that he only has two career starts. And he throws too many interceptions for my liking, and in that saints game he fell apart in the 2nd half along with the D but since we are eagles fans discussing QB play it was all Kolbs fault that the team fell apart in the 2nd half.
stat comparison of the last 2 mins of half
McNabb Kolb
comp% 59.1 52.9
yrds 633 119
TD/INT 4/2 0/2
QB rating 98.9 35.8

We've been spoiled over the years by McNabbs usually low INT %. He had some nice stat about it, but I dont know if off the top of my head.

Thumper
02-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Also reports out of Philly are saying the Eagles are trying to lock up Kolb long term.

Thumper
02-12-2010, 04:35 PM
As for that two minute stat you posted, A. what relevance does that have to do with falling apart in the second half? B. are you really trying to penalize Kolb for interceptions thrown at the end of a blowout? He was forcing things trying to engineer a comeback.

bigbluedefense
02-12-2010, 07:07 PM
I really don't know what to make of Kolb yet. The guy could be great, he could be horrible. We don't know.

He only had 2 starts. Its not fair to judge him yet. He's had plenty of time to sit on the bench and develop the right way though. I'll tell you this, if I were a team who needed a quarterback, outside of Bradford, I much rather have Kevin Kolb as he is right now than any of the other qb's available.

If Kolb is available for a 2nd round pick, and I'm a team who needs a qb, I make that trade in a heart beat. You get a guy who already went throw the "growth" process, has decent tools, and your risk is minimal. If he fails, big deal, you just spent a 2nd round pick on him, the investment was not steep.

I don't see Reid trading him though. McNabb is the guy on the outs. We all know how Reid is with aging stars.

Thumper
02-12-2010, 07:14 PM
Yeah, I know a lot of you are Kolb 'haters' but I think we all need to come to terms with the idea that he is going to start for this team eventually, Andy Reid invested too much time developing him for him not to be. The terms on which he starts is a different story, does he take over for McNabb because Donovan is traded or does he take over in 2011 when the Eagles let McNabb go to free agency. Kolb is going to be the Eagles starting QB at some point in the next year and it will be for good.

Also, I like Peppers on the Eagles, the guy is an athletic freak who would completely destroy the right tackles in this division.

bigbluedefense
02-12-2010, 07:19 PM
Peppers is just not worth that price tag. Especially at his age.

You're better off nabbing Brandon Graham in the draft. I hope that doesn't happen personally, bc Graham is my favorite DE in this draft.

Go_Eagles77
02-12-2010, 07:41 PM
The terms on which he starts is a different starter, does he take over for McNabb because Donovan is traded or does he take over in 2011 when the Eagles let McNabb go to free agency.
This is my thinking. Kolb is gonna start eventually, might as well get rid of McNabb when we can still get something for him and choose which team he goes to rather than let him walk in FA a year from now and let him go to a contender while getting nothing in return. Unless you think McNabb is going to win the super bowl this year, I don't see the point in keeping him around.

brat316
02-12-2010, 08:36 PM
I know Kolb is eventually going to start. I just don't think he'll be as good as McNabb is.

brat316
02-12-2010, 08:37 PM
When is Westy retiring?

Thumper
02-12-2010, 08:57 PM
Peppers is just not worth that price tag. Especially at his age.

You're better off nabbing Brandon Graham in the draft. I hope that doesn't happen personally, bc Graham is my favorite DE in this draft.

I also really like Graham but I don't think he falls to the Eagles, the guy was a one man show at Michigan and he produced at a high level despite having little to no help and his showing at the senior bowl really shoved him up draft boards, players could barely get a hand on him in pit drills and in the game it was the same way and when they did get their hands on him he did a nice job of disengaging. Graham is too good to fall to the Eagles.

Sniper
02-13-2010, 02:16 PM
I also really like Graham but I don't think he falls to the Eagles, the guy was a one man show at Michigan and he produced at a high level despite having little to no help and his showing at the senior bowl really shoved him up draft boards, players could barely get a hand on him in pit drills and in the game it was the same way and when they did get their hands on him he did a nice job of disengaging. Graham is too good to fall to the Eagles.

We'll see. If Reid really likes him, he won't be scared to trade up for him ala Shawn Andrews.

Speaking of which, I hope he comes back and I hope his back is feeling better. I miss him crushing DTs left and right.

Thumper
02-13-2010, 02:33 PM
We'll see. If Reid really likes him, he won't be scared to trade up for him ala Shawn Andrews.

Speaking of which, I hope he comes back and I hope his back is feeling better. I miss him crushing DTs left and right.

I also hope he returns to form because he was such a monster in all facets of the game and was a serious contender for top RG in the game, But, I don't think he'll ever return to form, the guy is a basket case who doesn't even like football and we're expecting him to make a return to probowl form? I don't think so... I hope he comes back, but I don't want the Eagles hoping he can return and leaving the RG situation as it is.

superman8456
02-13-2010, 11:35 PM
I just thought a little bit about the situation we have at safety. I was also reminded by the fact that Dick Jauron is now our secondary coach. I dont know if you guys noticed the success of Jairus Byrd or not, but he was a rookie that came in late in the season because of injury and had tons of success.

Hopefully, he can help coach up whoever we draft or maybe turn Quintin Demps or Macho Harris' career around.

bigbluedefense
02-16-2010, 12:14 PM

People will overanalyze him during the combine and he'll fall bc of it. Look at it this way, Freeney was a faster version of Graham and he went in the 20s bc of his size.

Woodley was a Graham clone and went in round 2. So it's definitely possible.

Another idea, and I mentioned this on the Giants board, is bringing in Aaron Kampman. If you guys are willing to gamble on him and bring him along slowly, you are going to get a steal in the guy.

He's been 1 of my favorite DEs in a 4-3 over the past 3-4 years. He's Strahan Jr. I love the guy. I wouldn't even mind him on the Giants. But the Eagles makes a lot more sense for him.

He can be the perfect LE compliment to Cole.

superman8456
02-16-2010, 05:18 PM
People will overanalyze him during the combine and he'll fall bc of it. Look at it this way, Freeney was a faster version of Graham and he went in the 20s bc of his size.

Woodley was a Graham clone and went in round 2. So it's definitely possible.

Another idea, and I mentioned this on the Giants board, is bringing in Aaron Kampman. If you guys are willing to gamble on him and bring him along slowly, you are going to get a steal in the guy.

He's been 1 of my favorite DEs in a 4-3 over the past 3-4 years. He's Strahan Jr. I love the guy. I wouldn't even mind him on the Giants. But the Eagles makes a lot more sense for him.

He can be the perfect LE compliment to Cole.

The LAST guy we need is Kampman. I dont feel very compelled for the Eagles to go out an sign a past his prime, old, coming off a major knee injury DE on an already crowded, underproducing depth chart and rotation. At the very least, give me somebody young who we can coach up.

Thumper
02-16-2010, 09:57 PM
So, given all the Kolb debate we've been having over here and the fact that for some reason or another my opinion is thrown out the window because I like Kolb and people (Sniper) think I have a man crush, I figure we could bring some expert opinions to the table.

Matt Williamson of Scout.com says:
But since then Kolb has really stepped it up, and I am high on him. I think he can make every throw. He's a quick decision-maker, and he's a good enough athlete. Kolb has everything you want physically, and the ball comes out of his hand really nice. He has an awful lot of upside, almost like a Matt Schaub when he was in Atlanta or Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay [waiting] behind Brett Favre. Kolb just needs to get a crack at it. I kind of feel like he's the next guy to be breaking out, either with his present team or with a new team. Considering what some of the teams are starting in this league, I would start Kolb today, still being more of an unknown, over 10 or 12 starting quarterbacks for sure."

Thumper
02-17-2010, 01:56 AM
Also a guy who worked with Kolb everyday for a year and a half said this:
"All I know is I saw Kevin Kolb every day in practice for the year I was the secondary coach when he was the guy going against the defense as the scout team quarterback,’’ Harbaugh said. "When we did red zone, we couldn’t defend him. I mean he’d run the red zone offense for the team we were going to play. We had the No. 1-ranked red-zone defense in the league 2 years ago. And we couldn’t stop Kevin Kolb. Throwing to Mike Gasperson every day in practice. He picked us apart...(The coaches) love him. He’s got all the tools. He’s a leader. He’s tough. He plays the game the right way."

Kevin Kolb has to be good, he has to be, if he wasn't why are scouts praising him, coaches lauding him, former GMs (Heckert) pursuing him, why have the Eagles hung onto him this long despite signs that he wouldn't work out and growing discontent with Kolb, why was he drafted so high, why did Andy Reid feel good enough about Kolb to throw him out there against what at the time was the best defense in the NFL?

Kolb is good, McNabb will not be an Eagle by the end of April and I will guarantee that. Just today an agent from the NFL said there could be more trades than ever before this offseason. (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/More-trades-than-ever-in-2010.html) An NFL executive contacted former NFL scout Daniel Jeremiah via text and said very big names are on the trade market. Adam Schefter has said teams are contacting the Eagles about the QBs. Joe Banner is talking about change, Andy Reid said McNabb is his QB "for now" hardly an endorsement from a man who is notorious for saying things with double meanings. Not only that but word has gotten out that there has at least been contact between Kolb and the Eagles regarding a new contract. Kolb has growing support within the city, a poll from Philly said around 70% of people want Kolb to start and he is starting to say how much he wants to start.

Like I said earlier, big changes are coming to the Eagles, big changes are on the horizon.

Havok69
02-17-2010, 08:41 AM
Freeney was a faster version of Graham and he went in the 20s bc of his size.

he went 11th

cunningham06
02-17-2010, 11:17 AM
I think there's a pretty decent chance Graham will be available where we pick. After all, who expected Jeremy Maclin to fall as far as he did in last year's draft?

brat316
02-17-2010, 11:59 AM
I think there's a pretty decent chance Graham will be available where we pick. After all, who expected Jeremy Maclin to fall as far as he did in last year's draft?

After DHB, ran that 40 who didn't think Mac would fall. Also they the Eagles did move up to grab him.

Brothgar
02-17-2010, 12:03 PM
After DHB, ran that 40 who didn't think Mac would fall. Also they the Eagles did move up to grab him.

The Eagles have a lot of extra picks and very few holes so I could see a trade up for a change from Philly.

Sniper
02-17-2010, 12:49 PM

I don't see it. Freeney dreams of one day being able to play the run half as well as Graham does.

Brothgar
02-17-2010, 12:55 PM

UPDATE!!!

119. Philadelphia Eagles - LeGarrette Blount, RB, Oregon
124. Philadelphia Eagles (f/NYJ) - Jason Worilds, DE, Virginia Tech
136. Philadelphia Eagles (f/BUF) - Carlton Mitchell, WR, South Florida

Still have 4 picks left.

Go_Eagles77
02-17-2010, 04:33 PM
UPDATE!!!

119. Philadelphia Eagles - LeGarrette Blount, RB, Oregon
124. Philadelphia Eagles (f/NYJ) - Jason Worilds, DE, Virginia Tech
136. Philadelphia Eagles (f/BUF) - Carlton Mitchell, WR, South Florida

Still have 4 picks left.

Looks very solid. Nice job.

Thumper
02-20-2010, 01:03 AM
Also I recall not a lot of you liking LeSean McCoy very much, and none of you ever said why. I don't know why you don't like him, he gets happy feet inside from time to time and he looks for big plays and loses yards rather than taking small gains but I don't think thats enough to say he isn't a future starter. He has feature back size at 5'10" and 210 pounds and he is quick, not especially fast but he has a second and third gear and he shifts gears up and down easily. He is elusive and has sick open field moves that can leave a guy behind or slow a defender down just enough. He is fantastic in the screen game just like Westbrook. His pass protection was questionable but to be fair he is still young and he did flash at times. And he can take contact, he isn't a bruiser by any means but he is slippery, guys kind of slide off of him at times. And he has tremendous balance in the run game, there were several instances where he maintained balance and gained extra yards, two examples that come to mind are the Chiefs TD and the Redskins 2 Point Conversion. I like him and feel like he is definitely the future of the RB on the Eagles and I am comfortable with him there. He holds the rookie rushing record and he averaged over 4 yards a carry despite not doing well in efforts he didn't start, in games he started he played very well.

LeSean McCoy is already back in Philadelphia training for next year, I really like this guy's work ethic.

superman8456
02-20-2010, 09:37 AM
Andrews willing to rework contract
Philadelphia Daily News' Paul Domowitch reported on Wednesday that the Eagles would release guard Stacy Andrews if he did not agree to restructure his contract. Per Domowitch, Andrews is scheduled to receive a $4.1 million roster bonus on April 4. In all, Andrews could make $7.6 million this season after starting just two games in 2009 as he battled back from an ACL injury.

Andrews told the Philadelphia Inquirer on Wednesday evening that he "would do a minor restructuring of (his) contract" and that "hopefully, we can come to an agreement." However, he "wouldn't mess with the roster bonus."

Head coach Andy Reid said numerous times last season that Andrews' inability to get on the field was due in large part to his surgically-repaired knee. Andrews said that "the knee didn't hinder me."

"I felt real good on the knee. It took a while to get comfortable at guard and get a new system down," Andrews said.

Andrews' agent Rich Moran said that he's had talks with the team and "always had an amicable relationship with the Eagles."

A fourth-round draft pick of the Bengals in 2004, Andrews signed with the Eagles last February after playing under the franchise tag in 2008 in Cincinnati.

Very good thing imo. If we can get his salary down, I would definitely like to have him on the roster.

In other news, Trevor Laws is on the chopping block and has to have a big offseason.

brat316
02-20-2010, 09:59 AM
Laws needs to play as a 3-4 DE. Cause DT is not working for him, or it the system, since we don't really like undersized quick Dt.

No cap, I doubt they cut him.

Kramer
02-20-2010, 10:14 AM
More receiving yards next year, Desean or Maclin?

Go_Eagles77
02-20-2010, 10:28 AM
I think DeSean will have more yards, but Maclin will have more catches and TDs.

Thumper
02-20-2010, 02:58 PM
More receiving yards next year, Desean or Maclin?

Maclin will have more receptions, yards and touchdowns. DeSean will be VERY close but I just have a gut feeling Maclin is about to rip the league up, he was in beast mode in the second half of the year and against Dallas we all saw what he was capable of, he is probably capable of more actually.

BUT, I think this depends on who is QB, if McNabb is QB Maclin puts up better numbers but if Kolb is QB DeSean puts up better numbers, McNabb seems to trust Maclin more and will throw to him in tough situations and Kolb spoon feeds the ball to DeSean Jackson, Kolb and DeSean have had chemistry from the start (if you can go back and read the old training camp reports) and DeSean had two of his biggest receiving games with Kolb at QB.

cunningham06
02-20-2010, 04:41 PM
Laws needs to play as a 3-4 DE. Cause DT is not working for him, or it the system, since we don't really like undersized quick Dt.

No cap, I doubt they cut him.

Trevor Laws needs to focus more on not being such a ***** on the field, and less on his website. I came across it the other day, doubt it has many followers.

Todd Bertuzzi
02-21-2010, 01:48 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81676cc0&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Go_Eagles77
02-21-2010, 10:26 AM
Bucky Brooks: "This year they became a pass first team"

lolwut?

Thumper
02-21-2010, 02:07 PM
ESPN has a report saying that the Eagles are entertaining offers for Donovan McNabb now, the five teams that have reportedly made credible offers are Minnesota, Arizona, Buffalo, Cleveland and Denver. Personally, I would send him to either Cleveland or Denver if I were the Eagles, neither is even in the same conference as the Eagles and they don't play the Eagles next year.

I'm surprised San Francisco isn't involved to be honest, they've got two first round picks, have a solid young core of players on offense and a solid enough defense to make the playoffs with a decent QB.

Morton
02-21-2010, 10:10 PM
ESPN has a report saying that the Eagles are entertaining offers for Donovan McNabb now, the five teams that have reportedly made credible offers are Minnesota, Arizona, Buffalo, Cleveland and Denver. Personally, I would send him to either Cleveland or Denver if I were the Eagles, neither is even in the same conference as the Eagles and they don't play the Eagles next year.

How awful would it be if Denver won the Super Bowl next year with McNabb, Dawkins, and Buckhalter? Probably not going to happen, but that would be pretty crazy for Philly fans, huh?

I'm surprised San Francisco isn't involved to be honest, they've got two first round picks, have a solid young core of players on offense and a solid enough defense to make the playoffs with a decent QB.

Singletary wants to stand by his decision to start Alex Smith next year.

Frankly, it's probably a mistake, but you know Singletary is one of these old-school guys who thinks you can still win championships by playing tough defense and running the ball rather than passing it, and you can get by with mediocre quarterbacks.

camp_eagles
02-22-2010, 12:14 PM
It looks Like Antrel Rolle will be a FA who else want him in Midnight green.

bigbluedefense
02-22-2010, 01:04 PM
I don't see it. Freeney dreams of one day being able to play the run half as well as Graham does.

I want Graham so bad in Giant Blue. But I know there's no way we take a DE at 15.

The only DE id consider over him is JPP bc of his enormous potential.

I rate Graham very favorably with Derrick Morgan. I think Graham could be the better NFL pro bc his game will translate better at the NFL level.

Morgan could disappoint in the NFL bc he's more of a high floor guy.

I was just discussing Demaryius Thomas on the Giants board. Id love to have him if he starts slipping bc I think he'll be a beast in the NFL. But he actually should be a potential Eagle. He'd compliment your current pieces very favorably in a 3 WR set.

I hope that doesn't happen.

superman8456
02-22-2010, 04:55 PM
After doing a lot of thinking about what this team needs, it became very evident. We need continuity among our offensive line. We have so many great individual players, but they never quite put it all together and dominated as a unit. We had many many injuries along our offensive line. Winston Justice had to come in and start at RT, Herremans was down for 4 weeks, Nick Cole kept on switching between LG, RG, and finally C, we had our starting center go down late in the season, and no one really shined from the group.

We all saw the growing pains that Stacy Andrews had and is going to keep on having while improving his knee. He injured late in the season, much like Jamaal Jacksons injury. We all saw how Stacy Andrews simply was not good enough to be on the field. Do we really want to find out if Jamaal Jackson will also take a long time to heal? He was a OK to good player before his injury, but he might never come back to be that player. I say we take some of the necessary precautions and either draft or sign another C. I think Nick Cole showed some of his true colors late in the season, which is a fantastic backup and good player to keep around, but simply not a starter. I wouldn't have high expectations for an offensive line with Nick Cole starting all 16 games.

I want someone who will step in and be our starting C from day one, regardless of how Jamaal Jackson comes back from his injury. We need to build some continuity, especially if McNabb will continue to be our QB. Imagine if we could make it all 16 games, plus the playoffs, without an major injury along our offensive line.

superman8456
02-22-2010, 05:06 PM
It looks Like Antrel Rolle will be a FA who else want him in Midnight green.

Possibly...definitely food for thought.

LT anyone?

Morton
02-22-2010, 06:35 PM
Possibly...definitely food for thought.

LT anyone?

Why would we want to add yet another aging, over-the-hill ex-star running back to the team? We already have Westbrook, don't we?

camp_eagles
02-22-2010, 08:53 PM
I wouldnt be against having the electric glide in philly he did score 12 tds last year.

superman8456
02-22-2010, 08:57 PM
Why would we want to add yet another aging, over-the-hill ex-star running back to the team? We already have Westbrook, don't we?

I don't think Westbrook will be with us. Isn't he an FA if we don't pay his roster bonus? I thought we didn't pay it?

Thumper
02-23-2010, 03:28 PM
Julius Peppers is going to be an Eagle, book it. Brian Seltzer said that Julius Peppers has significant interest in the Eagles and he developed this interest at last years probowl when the NFC was coached by Andy Reid. Plus the Eagles just cut Westy which frees up around 7.5 million dollars.

Todd Bertuzzi
02-23-2010, 03:44 PM
Eagles gearing up for one last run. Love it. Peppers opposite Cole will wreak havoc. Let's try and stay healthy this year though.

Thumper
02-23-2010, 04:10 PM
Eagles gearing up for one last run. Love it. Peppers opposite Cole will wreak havoc. Let's try and stay healthy this year though.

it could happen (a spending spree and a run at the title), Chester Taylor is on the open market and he played in the same offensive scheme and he would be a fantastic back-up option to Shady McCoy. And if Peppers signs, the Eagles can look elsewhere in the draft like CB or FS instead of drafting a LE.

Plus can you imagine how sick this offense will be next season with Jeremy Maclin and Shady McCoy heading into their second years and will likely be more involved and better players and with Shawn Andrews potentially healthy. The defense is the same way, Stewart Bradley is coming back and that helps alleviate some of the Eagles problems against the run, plus he is a leader and should help bring some stability to a defense that severely lacked that this season with 6 different starters at MLB and a rotation of players at SLB, LE and FS.

superman8456
02-23-2010, 04:45 PM
I hope LeSean shows up like everybody is expecting him to. I know my expectations are fairly low, so he can only go up from here.

Morton
02-23-2010, 06:57 PM
it could happen (a spending spree and a run at the title), Chester Taylor is on the open market and he played in the same offensive scheme and he would be a fantastic back-up option to Shady McCoy. And if Peppers signs, the Eagles can look elsewhere in the draft like CB or FS instead of drafting a LE.

Plus can you imagine how sick this offense will be next season with Jeremy Maclin and Shady McCoy heading into their second years and will likely be more involved and better players and with Shawn Andrews potentially healthy. The defense is the same way, Stewart Bradley is coming back and that helps alleviate some of the Eagles problems against the run, plus he is a leader and should help bring some stability to a defense that severely lacked that this season with 6 different starters at MLB and a rotation of players at SLB, LE and FS.

There are ALOT of "ifs" but IF:

1.) Shawn Andrews comes back and contributes at least 60% of his potential
2.) Stewart Bradley comes back and plays at least 80% of how he played in 2008
3.) Maclin and McCoy improve in their second year (shouldnt be too much to expect)
4.) DeSean only gets better (why not?)
5.) Eagles sign either Peppers or Kampmann in free agency and he contributes
6.) Eagles either draft a playmaking safety (Earl Thomas) or sign one in free agency (Antrelle Rolle)
7.) They sort out the QB situation. i.e. either McNabb stays and plays decent (ala 2008), or Kolb starts and has a solid rookie year ala Tom Brady / Aaron Rodgers (maybe alot to expect, but he's had enough time in the system)
8.) NO MORE MAJOR INJURIES!

There is no reason not to expect the Eagles to be a serious Super Bowl contender next year.

camp_eagles
02-23-2010, 07:22 PM
There are ALOT of "ifs" but IF:

1.) Shawn Andrews comes back and contributes at least 60% of his potential
2.) Stewart Bradley comes back and plays at least 80% of how he played in 2008
3.) Maclin and McCoy improve in their second year (shouldnt be too much to expect)
4.) DeSean only gets better (why not?)
5.) Eagles sign either Peppers or Kampmann in free agency and he contributes
6.) Eagles either draft a playmaking safety (Earl Thomas) or sign one in free agency (Antrelle Rolle)
7.) They sort out the QB situation. i.e. either McNabb stays and plays decent (ala 2008), or Kolb starts and has a solid rookie year ala Tom Brady / Aaron Rodgers (maybe alot to expect, but he's had enough time in the system)
8.) NO MORE MAJOR INJURIES!

There is no reason not to expect the Eagles to be a serious Super Bowl contender next year.

Would it be too much to throw Dansby in there I know he didnt list the eagles in his initial list but money can fix that.

Todd Bertuzzi
02-23-2010, 07:32 PM
Let's not get greedy now. Eagles don't have a need for Dansby with Spoon and Bradley.

superman8456
02-23-2010, 07:49 PM
Let's not get greedy now. Eagles don't have a need for Dansby with Spoon and Bradley.

He would be a sick SLB for us...

brat316
02-23-2010, 08:00 PM
Eagles really don't spend on Lb. They rather have good pass rush from 4, and a dominant secondary.

camp_eagles
02-23-2010, 10:17 PM
Rip me apart for this I dont care im just calling a shot Vick for Marshawn Lynch and other players/picks included from either or both sides.

Todd Bertuzzi
02-23-2010, 10:18 PM
I'd do Vick for Lynch in a heartbeat.

eaglesalltheway
02-23-2010, 10:36 PM

That's what she said...?

Seriously though, I would too, I just don't think the Bills would.

After thinking about that a little more (like 15 seconds), it makes more sense. They obviously have interest in Vick, and Marshawn Lynch doesn't have the value he normally would because of Fred Jackson, who is a very good RB IMO. I certainly wouldn't be upset if it did happen.

superman8456
02-24-2010, 11:36 AM
How much is Marshawn's cap number? Isn't it fairly high?

Brothgar
02-24-2010, 11:40 AM

Who wouldn't give up Vick for Lynch?

superman8456
02-27-2010, 09:09 PM
Some rumors are Darren Sproles to Philadelphia. The Chargers aren't going to offer him a RFA tender, so he will become a UFA. Would you guys be interested in picking him up to backup LeSean?

Yes, please. He can also provide a KR, something we need badly.

Thumper
02-28-2010, 11:43 PM
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/7345/peppers.jpg

Make it happen!

Morton
03-01-2010, 10:28 AM
I'm scared of giving Peppers a monster contract. I have these images of the 10 million dollar man standing around with his hands on his hips as Tony Romo burns us for 354 yards passing.

cunningham06
03-03-2010, 02:56 AM
Peppers would be sick nasty as an Eagle, I really hope it happens. Mays had a damn good combine, hopefully he will go before Earl Thomas and ET will be available for us.

superman8456
03-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Peppers is probably going to the Bears. They seem like they're willing to throw a lot of money at him. If we miss out on Peppers, I do not want to see us go after Kampman.

Todd Bertuzzi
03-03-2010, 02:18 PM
The Bears are bound to throw a lot of money at someone since they don't have a pick until round 3 and they have so many needs. They've been lacking a premium pass rusher for a while now so it could very well be Peppers.

Morton
03-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Aren't the Bears one of the cheapest organizations in the NFL?

Throwing boatloads of money around in free agency just doesn't seem like something they'd do.

camp_eagles
03-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Aren't the Bears one of the cheapest organizations in the NFL?

Throwing boatloads of money around in free agency just doesn't seem like something they'd do.

They could do it this year since they dont have to pay a 1st or 2nd round pick

superman8456
03-03-2010, 05:49 PM
Jim Wyatt of The Tennessean expects Titans defensive end Kyle Vanden Bosch to land in Philadelphia, Chicago or Detroit.

Oh, ****.

10 char

Thumper
03-03-2010, 05:55 PM
No thanks, KVB can go and be washed up for someone else please.

Thumper
03-04-2010, 09:20 AM
How would you guys feel about this?

Sign Robinson to play RCB and move Sheldon Brown to FS. I'm just throwing out ideas, so don't rip me. The secondary would look like this:
LCB: Asante Samuel
SS: Quintin Mikell
FS: Sheldon Brown
RCB: Dunta Robinson

Or how would you feel about sending a second round pick to the Panthers for Richard Marshall, who was tendered at a 2nd round level? He is only 25 and he is really physical and could be a Sheldon Brown replacement.

superman8456
03-04-2010, 11:27 AM
I like Dunta Robinson, but not the price tag. I think he is going to ask for Asante Samuel type money. If he wouldnt be our #1 corner, no point in paying out that much money.

I think our CB's were exposed this year due to Hobbs going on IR and Hanson getting a 4 game suspension. I'd rather have a mid round guy like Jerome Murphy or Brandon Ghee.

camp_eagles
03-04-2010, 11:35 AM

Sign Robinson to play RCB and move Sheldon Brown to FS. I'm just throwing out ideas, so don't rip me. The secondary would look like this:

I like it but Id prefer signing Rolle

cunningham06
03-04-2010, 03:08 PM

Or how would you feel about sending a second round pick to the Panthers for Richard Marshall, who was tendered at a 2nd round level? He is only 25 and he is really physical and could be a Sheldon Brown replacement.

No thank you. I watched a lot of the Texans and Dunta Robinson last year, and I can tell you first hand that Dunta is terrible now. He's had some terrible injuries and is not nearly as quick as he used to be and gets burned consistently. He's not a guy you want starting, let's just put it that way.

camp_eagles
03-04-2010, 03:17 PM
Lito Sheppard just got released along with Antrel Rolle I saw we bring lito back as the NB and sign Antrel asap.

Sniper
03-04-2010, 04:40 PM
Lito Sheppard just got released along with Antrel Rolle I saw we bring lito back as the NB and sign Antrel asap.

Why would we bring Lito back when we have a guy who beat him out for the nickel spot two years ago?

superman8456
03-04-2010, 05:06 PM
Why would we bring Lito back when we have a guy who beat him out for the nickel spot two years ago?

Truth.

The only reason I would want Lito back is to replace Dimitri Patterson.

I dont know much about Rolle, anyone want to fill me in?

Thumper
03-04-2010, 05:52 PM
:(

Julius Peppers is going to be a Bear because they're willing to throw more money at him and the Eagles are going to end up with Aaron Kampman or KVB both of which are terrible moves IMO.

Thumper
03-04-2010, 06:15 PM
If the Eagles don't get Peppers... Antrel Rolle better be an Eagle.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/10924/rolle.jpg

superman8456
03-04-2010, 06:42 PM
WR Jason Avant Second-Round Level
G/C Nick Cole Second-Round Level
LB Omar Gaither Original-Round Level (Fifth-Round)
LB Chris Gocong Original-Round Level (Third-Round)
CB Ellis Hobbs First-Round Level
G Max Jean-Gilles Original-Round Level (Fourth-Round)
LB Akeem Jordan Second-Round Level
P Sav Rocca Right Of First Refusal
TE Alex Smith No Tender Offered
FB Leonard Weaver Second-Round Level

Surprised Omar Gaither got only a 5th round tender. I think someone would definitely bite on that. I'm also surprised Ellis Hobbs got a 1st round tender.

brat316
03-04-2010, 09:52 PM
Gocong got higher than Gaither?

Go_Eagles77
03-04-2010, 09:57 PM
Ellis Hobbs is worth more than Jason Avant and Leonard Weaver?

brat316
03-04-2010, 10:08 PM
As a return man he offers a lot more pair that with nb corner.

eaglesalltheway
03-04-2010, 10:25 PM
As a return man he offers a lot more pair that with nb corner.

I hate Hobbs at corner, any position honestly. Does no one remember the beginning of the season? When he was in he was constantly being abused by every type of receiver. I was saying it then and I'll say it now, I'd much rather have Hanson at Nickel and Hobbs as our Dime package CB. Hobbs is **** on a stick at CB. (Not so much your comment, but many of the posts involving him)

eaglesalltheway
03-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Surprised Omar Gaither got only a 5th round tender. I think someone would definitely bite on that. I'm also surprised Ellis Hobbs got a 1st round tender.

Not really surprised about Gaither. With our LB corp, if Bradley is healthy, he has little value, and if he will leave, we may as well get a fifth round pick out of it. I'm not so sure teams will be quick to give up a fifth for him. It could definitely happen though.

Thumper
03-05-2010, 12:13 AM
No big deals for the Eagles and I've been thinking this for a while, no splash in FA means the Eagles aren't looking to compete this year so everyone say your goodbyes to Donovan McNabb and get ready for the Kevin Kolb era.

Bigp5437
03-05-2010, 06:15 AM
No big deals for the Eagles and I've been thinking this for a while, no splash in FA means the Eagles aren't looking to compete this year so everyone say your goodbyes to Donovan McNabb and get ready for the Kevin Kolb era.

:rollseyes:

You might wanna wait till after the draft before making such assumptions....

Sniper
03-05-2010, 07:40 AM
A day into free agency and we're already throwing in the white flag? Okay.

Thumper
03-05-2010, 09:03 AM
:rollseyes:

You might wanna wait till after the draft before making such assumptions....

Thats dumb, why wait until after the draft to trade McNabb? The Eagles want picks, not players.

Go_Eagles77
03-05-2010, 09:13 AM
Eagles, Weaver Agree on 3-year deal. He's now the highest paid FB ever.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/bloghead/

Hooray!

Sniper
03-05-2010, 09:42 AM

Hooray!

EATW just jizzed his pants.

camp_eagles
03-05-2010, 09:56 AM

Gocong and Gaither got original round tenders that's why gGocong is worth a 3rd and Hobbs was tendered at a 1st round level because apparently his salary was going to be the same no matter what because of the 110% thing. I cant explain it I just heard it on the eagles web site from people other than Spadero.

cunningham06
03-05-2010, 12:13 PM
If the Eagles don't get Peppers... Antrel Rolle better be an Eagle.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/10924/rolle.jpg

Sadly he wants 8 mil a season and to be the highest paid safety in the NFL...

Splat
03-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Kampman to visit the Birds (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-source_kampman_to_visit_the_birds_html-201035&prov=nfp&type=lgns)

camp_eagles
03-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Eagles just released Will Witherspoon I dont have a source yet

Thumper
03-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Kampman didn't show, he was getting ready to come but decided against it.

Also, releasing Will Witherspoon is incredidumb.

Go_Eagles77
03-05-2010, 04:37 PM
WTF? I can haz Sean Weatherspoon?

superman8456
03-05-2010, 05:16 PM
I kind of understand the releasing of Will Witherspoon with Akeem Jordan and Tracy White, who are both fairly similar to Witherspoon.

I dont understand why Gocong is still with us.

Any reason why Kampman decided against coming?

brat316
03-05-2010, 05:51 PM
I guess the Eagles want a Lb from this draft pretty badly. Or they didn't want 2 Weatherspoons.

diabsoule
03-05-2010, 05:59 PM
I don't understand why the Eagles released Witherspoon

Thumper
03-05-2010, 06:01 PM
I don't understand why the Eagles released Witherspoon

Same here, he was far and away the Eagles best linebacker this past season and at the very worst they should've kept him as depth at MLB.

Todd Bertuzzi
03-05-2010, 06:15 PM
Spoon :(

Oh and...

http://media.bonnint.net/dado/oss-trav/1/153/15301.jpg

Make it happen!!!

cunningham06
03-05-2010, 09:35 PM
Antrell Rolle's officially a Giant. **** **** TITS ******** MOTHER **** **** ****!

superman8456
03-05-2010, 10:27 PM
Antrell Rolle's officially a Giant. **** **** TITS ******** MOTHER **** **** ****!

its really not that bad

Thumper
03-06-2010, 12:00 AM
The Eagles made a mistake today by not really doing anything that improves the team. They sat on their asses all day, didn't make a sufficient effort for Peppers and now he is a Bear, didn't make any effort for Rolle, didn't make any effort for Dansby. Who did they make an effort for? They spent their day redoing Leonard Weaver's contract, starting negotiations with Jason Avant and cutting the team's best linebacker.

So lets look at what happened, the Eagles enter the day with Jaqua Parker, Will Witherspoon, Macho Harris and Moses Fokou starting and they leave the day with everything the same except they downgraded WLB for salary reasons in an uncapped year.

And now who are they chasing? Aaron Kampman, the 30 year old, try hard guy who tore his ACL in week 11... Yeah... Because chasing after injured players worked out so well last year, right Andy?

And in addition Andy Reid needs to come to grips with reality and make a decision regarding his QBs, Andy you CANNOT KEEP ALL OF THEM! He has three quarterbacks who teams would value fairly highly and he wants to keep them all, who are you, Jon Gruden? Andy you call the shots and you need to decide where you're taking this team, are you keeping McNabb around with him knowing he's out after the year and hope to win now or are you going to move into the future now and get Kolb valuable experience?

Because right now, the moves (or lack of them) the Eagles are making are incredibly stupid, if Andy wants to keep McNabb and win now, he should've tried harder to get him instead of just throwing a contract at him, they should've tampered just like the Bears did, they should've went to his doorstep at 12:01 and brought him to Philadelphia before Lovie Smith got to him. But instead of doing this he sat on his pockets and stuck with what he had but he actually cut a good player to keep cap room. So Andy what is it? Win now (keep McNabb) or win later (not signing Peppers, cutting Witherspoon)?

Todd Bertuzzi
03-06-2010, 12:51 AM
To be fair, Rolle, Peppers and Dansby were all overpaid. I mean making Rolle the highest paid safety, c'mon... it's all about Atogwe!

frubulubu
03-06-2010, 01:00 AM
First day just rolled away, many teams, including the Eagles were missing in action. who, if they strike in FA, could intrest us? I was hoping to have a FA in, and nothing happened.

superman8456
03-06-2010, 08:49 AM
Personally, I wouldn't want Peppers for a $91.5 million dollar contract.

frubulubu
03-06-2010, 09:14 AM
The Eagles made a mistake today by not really doing anything that improves the team. They sat on their asses all day, didn't make a sufficient effort for Peppers and now he is a Bear, didn't make any effort for Rolle, didn't make any effort for Dansby. Who did they make an effort for? They spent their day redoing Leonard Weaver's contract, starting negotiations with Jason Avant and cutting the team's best linebacker.

So lets look at what happened, the Eagles enter the day with Jaqua Parker, Will Witherspoon, Macho Harris and Moses Fokou starting and they leave the day with everything the same except they downgraded WLB for salary reasons in an uncapped year.

And now who are they chasing? Aaron Kampman, the 30 year old, try hard guy who tore his ACL in week 11... Yeah... Because chasing after injured players worked out so well last year, right Andy?

And in addition Andy Reid needs to come to grips with reality and make a decision regarding his QBs, Andy you CANNOT KEEP ALL OF THEM! He has three quarterbacks who teams would value fairly highly and he wants to keep them all, who are you, Jon Gruden? Andy you call the shots and you need to decide where you're taking this team, are you keeping McNabb around with him knowing he's out after the year and hope to win now or are you going to move into the future now and get Kolb valuable experience?

Because right now, the moves (or lack of them) the Eagles are making are incredibly stupid, if Andy wants to keep McNabb and win now, he should've tried harder to get him instead of just throwing a contract at him, they should've tampered just like the Bears did, they should've went to his doorstep at 12:01 and brought him to Philadelphia before Lovie Smith got to him. But instead of doing this he sat on his pockets and stuck with what he had but he actually cut a good player to keep cap room. So Andy what is it? Win now (keep McNabb) or win later (not signing Peppers, cutting Witherspoon)?

Im upset with the Witherspoon deal as well. But as far as the rest of the free agents that signed goes...I have to say not really. I did want Peppers, but at his price tag and age, its not to good of a pick up, imo. KVB, and Dansby are two older guys, and I dont really have an intrest for players that are getting up in age. Was there a premier pass rusher in his 20's in FA? No there wasent, or else we wouldve have Andy Reid show up at his house with a box of glazed donuts. Was there any LB, that was young and considered a premier player? No. Antrell Rolle, got over paid by the G men, and to give up the money to a average safety, is not something that appeals to much of us. The reality is that this years free agency is simply loaded with butt ugly talent, and there arent many players worth chasing after with the big check.

Todd Bertuzzi
03-06-2010, 11:48 AM
per NFL.com

Sources tell Fox 29 News in Philadelphia that the Eagles are divided on whether to trade QB Donovan McNabb.

While no potential trading partner has yet to emerge — that includes the St. Louis Rams — coach Andy Reid is reportedly set to veto any deal for his veteran quarterback, according to the station’s official Web site.

While there are reportedly a number of teams interested in McNabb, the Rams are not one of them, the site reports.

brat316
03-06-2010, 11:53 AM
God damn it just trade him and get it over with. Stop trying to hold out for higher draft picks.

Nobody would give you a 1st and 3rd last year, what makes you think someone will give a 1st.

Its either that or Andy wants to put him in a good situation, not to good where he might beat the Eagles and win a sb, but enough where it doesn't look like he does care.

Thumper
03-06-2010, 12:36 PM
Aaron Kampman has visited Seattle and Jacksonville and he has yet to visit Philly and right now it looks like he won't do it either. The Eagles are going to be headed into the draft with a lot of holes.

brat316
03-06-2010, 12:38 PM
Aaron Kampman has visited Seattle and Jacksonville and he has yet to visit Philly and right now it looks like he won't do it either. The Eagles are going to be headed into the draft with a lot of holes.

Idk its more question marks than holes.

Biggest hole is probably second rb and a DE.

Sniper
03-06-2010, 12:42 PM
Idk its more question marks than holes.

Biggest hole is probably second rb and a DE.

Brandonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Grahammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm now!

camp_eagles
03-06-2010, 03:08 PM
Is anyone else thinking the Eagles are up to something right now I hope it involves either Atogwe or Derrick Johnson. I think Johnson could be an eagle for Reggie Brown/Kevin Curtis and a draft pick the Chiefs are desperate for a WR after missing out on Boldin, and with Johnson falling out of favour with the coaching staff and not being a good fit in the 3-4 it makes sense to try and get something done.

frubulubu
03-06-2010, 03:21 PM
Is anyone else thinking the Eagles are up to something right now I hope it involves either Atogwe or Derrick Johnson. I think Johnson could be an eagle for Reggie Brown/Kevin Curtis and a draft pick the Chiefs are desperate for a WR after missing out on Boldin, and with Johnson falling out of favour with the coaching staff and not being a good fit in the 3-4 it makes sense to try and get something done.

Im pretty sure something is brewing at headquarters. I dont think there intrested in many available free agents.

JackieDan
03-06-2010, 05:16 PM
Atogwe is a likely target with such a low tender.....
fingers crossed.

Thumper
03-06-2010, 06:05 PM
I don't know about Atgowe, he is 29 years old and will require a big contract and he isn't worth what the Eagles would have to pay him, he would likely require a huge paycheck because he is getting older and because the Rams have the right to match any offer so the Eagles would have to outbid the Rams.

Also personally I have faith in Macho Harris, he is physical and really emotional and I can't really recall any time where he was just flat out burned, all those memories are of Sean Jones. The things I remember about Macho Harris is that he is still getting a feel for the FS spot, wasn't great in run support, he was the most physical player in the secondary, he was really fiery/emotional, he was good in coverage and I remember that he gets carried away at times and makes hits that a more disciplined veteran wouldn't make.

Thumper
03-06-2010, 06:12 PM
I think the front office is trying to work out a trade, they have to be doing something right? But here is the problem, I think working out a trade is taking internally about dealing with McNabb and Kolb. If recent reports are true, this is exactly what is occuring, according to Fox 29 all of the Eagles brass wants to start the Kolb era but, the one guy who needs to approve the trade won't do it, Andy Reid is vetoing any type of McNabb trade.

Thumper
03-07-2010, 04:09 AM
And... Kampman is a Jaguar...

WHAT ARE THE EAGLES DOING? The Eagles had a shot at being contenders, I'm not saying push the eject button and bail on the Eagles, but at this point we have to wonder what the hell Andy is doing in Philly. So, lets look at this, there were impact players available at DE, LB and FS and the Eagles didn't make any moves, not a single move... That isn't normal for the Eagles who have normally made a couple signings by now. Now, the Eagles lost out on Kampman, Peppers and KVB and they didn't even make any kind of effort for Rolle or Dansby. Okay, well then the Eagles must be cutting veteran players and building for the future right? Partially, the Eagles cut Westbrook and Witherspoon and saved about 12 million, but for what? What the hell are the Eagles saving money for? A trade? Not likely, they're supposed to trade for draft picks not players, so this can't be right. A FA signing? Nope, all of the half decent ones are gone, word is the Eagles are interested in Mike Bell which is a positive sign but its too little too late and the Eagles surely aren't paying Mike Bell 12 million right? So what are they doing, what the **** are the Eagles doing? If they are trying to win now, a signing should've occurred but if they want to build for the future they would cut salaries of old players, let young players get into starting spots and then trade McNabb.

Right now, it looks like the latter road is the one the Eagles are taking but Andy Reid is a stubborn fat piece of crap who won't trade McNabb even though McNabb will leave in 2011 and won't get anything in return, even though he has two potential starters on the bench.

And none of you can tell me there is no demand out there for them, the Rams signed AJ Feely for 6 million and the 49ers are signing David Carr. These teams are scraping the bottom of the barrel for QB talent, a QB like McNabb, Vick or Kolb would seem to have significant demand on the market.

And then the Eagles need a FS, who was on the market? Antrel Rolle, OJ Atogwe, Ryan Clark and others who are at least respectable starters, but then Kerry Rhodes was dealt for what amounts to almost nothing, a 4th and a 7th. Kerry Rhodes struggled when adjusting to Rex Ryan's system but he was on the verge of being a top 5 safety the year before and the Eagles just sat there and watched this deal go through without making any effort? That is a low risk and extremely high reward deal.

I just want to know what the hell the Eagles are doing.

Todd Bertuzzi
03-07-2010, 10:30 AM
Kampman's gonna miss half the year anyways. I'm glad the Eagles decided to not overpay any of these guys. It sounds like we went after Peppers, but just got outbid in the end. Reid also spoke about the Eagles bringing back Witherspoon, but they have to wait a week after cutting him before they can start negotiations. I do hope we make a play for Atogwe though. I mean after the tender they gave him we really have nothing to lose by giving him an offer sheet.

Morton
03-07-2010, 12:15 PM
So the team doesn't add any impact players in free agency, and instead SUBTRACTS an impact player.

They're in a prime position to commit to rebuilding by trading McNabb and getting compensated for it with draft picks, OR keeping McNabb and grab an impact player like Peppers in free agency and make a run for it, but they do NEITHER.

I hate to say this guys, but I'm feelling less and less confident about this team going into next year. Maybe this really is the end of an era, and the Eagles are now going to be one of those 7-9, 8-8, 6-10 type of teams.

In fact, I'll be surprised if they break .500 next year, barring any kind of unexpected rookie contributions.

If they don't NAIL this draft (as in, draft impact S and/or impact DE), I'll be pissed off and really down on them. If they draft an offensive lineman in the first round, or trade down for garbage picks, I'm going to punch someone.

Thumper
03-07-2010, 01:46 PM
I'm not going to say they're going to be a losing team, the team for the most part is intact and they were pretty good last year, here is my problem, they had a chance to be great, they had multiple chances to add all-pro caliber players (Peppers, Dansby) and other chances to add at least serviceable starters.

Like I said earlier, don't panic Asante, Trent Cole, Brodrick Bunkley, Mike Patterson, Sheldon Brown and Stewart Bradley are all still here on defense so we at least know they can get the job done. And the offense is filled with impact players in Jeremy Maclin, DeSean Jackson, LeSean McCoy, Brent Celek and a huge offensive line and the scary part is that as good as they all were last year, they're still improving.

Right now the Eagles are making runs at Mike Bell and Hank Baskett, Mike Bell would be HUGE for this team IMO, he is exactly what Shady isn't. Shady doesn't run forward for tough yards, Mike Bell gets upfield in a hurry and attacks the hole. Shady doesn't look for contact and Mike Bell is a very physical back. Mike Bell can also pass block very well, he can run block and play FB at times, the only thing is that he's not a great receiver.

Plus the draft stacks up nicely for the Eagles, Kyle Wilson will probably be on the board and if he isn't there will be a slew of others available at CB including Kareem Jackson and Devin McCourty. And if the Eagles want a DE, Brandon Graham might be there, Everson Griffen, Jerry Hughes, Carlos Dunlap and there is a ton of depth available.

Don't panic, just wonder what the Eagles are up to.

Thumper
03-07-2010, 01:53 PM
Oh but don't think a winning season is a given, the Eagles schedule next season is absolutely brutal, no terrible teams.

At home the Eagles play the Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Atlanta Falcons, Houston Texans and Indianapolis Colts and on the road the Eagles play the Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, San Francisco 49ers, Jacksonville Jaguars and Tennessee Titans. And then toss in two games against the Cowboys, Giants and Redskins and that is one of the toughest schedules I can ever remember seeing.

If the Eagles don't play better than they did this past season, they could easily go 5-11, probably not going to happen but you never know, looking at the teams the Eagles play and it is entirely plausible that the Eagles lose to the Colts, Packers, Vikings, Falcons, Texans, Bears, Cowboys (x2) and Giants (x2) especially considering that these teams are all going to be even better this coming season.

EDIT: Yes I realize the Lions are on there, but I don't think they're going to be terrible next year, Stafford and Calvin will be one year better, Brandon Pettigrew will be better, they'll likely have Suh lining up on a defensive line that has KVB, Corey Williams, Dewayne White and Cliff Avril and soon enough they're going to have one of the best S in the NFL with Delmas.

Thumper
03-07-2010, 01:59 PM
And... Marlin Jackson is on his way to visit the Eagles. Probably nothing, but Marlin is a big, extremely physical corner who could play FS or he could line up on players like Miles Austin next season.

I am a HUGE Marlin Jackson fan and I would be absolutely thrilled to get him on the team.

superman8456
03-07-2010, 03:14 PM
And... Marlin Jackson is on his way to visit the Eagles. Probably nothing, but Marlin is a big, extremely physical corner who could play FS or he could line up on players like Miles Austin next season.

I am a HUGE Marlin Jackson fan and I would be absolutely thrilled to get him on the team.

This is actually a pretty big deal. He is a very good player. I would be really happy if we got him.

frubulubu
03-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Donte Whitner will be available in a trade from Buffalo.

Thumper
03-07-2010, 03:34 PM
This is actually a pretty big deal. He is a very good player. I would be really happy if we got him.

So would I, but right now I don't see where he fits on the Eagles, FS? IDK, the Eagles already have Macho and Demps there. CB? IDK the Eagles have Samuel, Brown, Hanson and Hobbs. Plus he tore his MLC in 2008 and his ACL in 2009 both in his left knee I believe and has only played in 11 games since 2007. He would be a nice addition if he stayed healthy.

Sniper
03-07-2010, 04:01 PM
Marlin poops on Hanson and Hobbs. He'd be a solid nickel corner who can play FS in a pinch. Plus, the more Wolverines, the better.

Sign Jackson.
Draft Graham, Warren, and Mesko.
Profit.

Morton
03-07-2010, 05:04 PM
The problem is: now I'm going to be wondering all season long how much better this team could have been if they had signed Peppers.

They were probably very close to having Peppers and Cole as the best DE pairing in the NFL.

Now we're going to have to watch Trent Cole getting double-teamed again and again and quarterbacks like Tony Romo and Eli Manning taking their sweet time to complete passes, when instead, we could have been watching our defense MAUL quarterbacks on a consistent basis with two stud DEs.

Stupid ******* Bears and that lame-ass coach Lovie Smith who only signed Peppers so he could keep his job. Peppers is going to be wasted in Chicago anyway, because he's going to be their only decent DE. He's just going to get double-teamed like he was in Carolina, and their defense isn't going to be anywhere near as good as the Eagles defense could have been had Peppers come to Philly.

Peppers had a chance at GREATNESS in Philly, but he's just going to be another double-teamed DE in Chicago.

This pisses me off so much that I'm not even going to be able to appreciate any half-decent draft picks the Eagles make this year.

camp_eagles
03-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Donte Whitner will be available in a trade from Buffalo.

Im against getting scraps from sub .500 teams espically when they have 4 career picks and 1 sack.

Also I love Marlin Jackson

Thumper
03-07-2010, 06:10 PM
The problem is: now I'm going to be wondering all season long how much better this team could have been if they had signed Peppers.

They were probably very close to having Peppers and Cole as the best DE pairing in the NFL.

Now we're going to have to watch Trent Cole getting double-teamed again and again and quarterbacks like Tony Romo and Eli Manning taking their sweet time to complete passes, when instead, we could have been watching our defense MAUL quarterbacks on a consistent basis with two stud DEs.

Stupid ******* Bears and that lame-ass coach Lovie Smith who only signed Peppers so he could keep his job. Peppers is going to be wasted in Chicago anyway, because he's going to be their only decent DE. He's just going to get double-teamed like he was in Carolina, and their defense isn't going to be anywhere near as good as the Eagles defense could have been had Peppers come to Philly.

Peppers had a chance at GREATNESS in Philly, but he's just going to be another double-teamed DE in Chicago.

This pisses me off so much that I'm not even going to be able to appreciate any half-decent draft picks the Eagles make this year.

Okay... I can definitely respect what you're saying but I think you're getting too down.

FACT: The Eagles will still survive without Peppers

Remember we have Trent Cole, Bunkley, Patterson, Bradley, Samuel, Brown, Mikell along with a slew of good role players. The Eagles can get pass rushers in the draft, there are so many available.

Plus how could we know he would be a good LE? He played LE and had the worst year of his career.

Pairing Trent Cole with Brandon Graham, Everson Griffen or Jerry Hughes could be just as effective, Graham is a Trent Cole clone, Griffen is a guy who is a workout freak and Hughes is a big time pass rusher who played LE at TCU.

ALSO I might be too early calling this, but I'm thinking that Derrick Morgan might fall far enough for the Eagles to trade up and grab him kind of like Maclin (I would like to point out I successfully predicted his fall), lets look at the draft shall we? (There is no other answer than we shall)

We can safely assume that Morgan won't go in the top 7 because there are better players available and there is little need for him.
So the Raiders are the first team likely to take Morgan (kind of like Maclin last year) and they're probably going to take JPP or Bruce Campbell over Morgan
Then its the Bills who are moving to a 3-4 so cross him off the list, plus the just drafted Aaron Maybin
Then there is the Jaguars who just signed Aaron Kampman and still have two young pass rushers in Harvey and the guy from Auburn, not likely to invest even more money in pass rushers.
He doesn't fit in Miami, Denver or San Francisco
Seattle has more pressing needs and will likely draft a CB (Haden), RB (Spiller) or OT (Williams, Bulaga) depending on if they draft a OT with the 6th pick
New York has Tuck, Kiwi and Osi and really don't need him
The Titans might take him
He doesn't fit for San Francisco or Pittsburgh
The Falcons MIGHT pick him, but they have serious money already invested in the defensive line in Anderson, Abraham, Sidbury, Peria Jerry and Babineaux. Plus they're more likely to take a WR or a LB and there are some nice players on the board at those spots like Spoon, Washington and Kindle or Arrelious Benn
Houston won't pick him, they need a CB or a S MUCH MUCH more than they need a LE especially considering all the picks and money they've spent on the defensive line.
The Bengals would pick him IMO
The Patriots and Packers wouldn't because he doesn't fit their scheme
Then its the Eagles

So basically you've got 2/3 teams in the way of the Eagles getting Morgan and who knows with them, they might become infatuated with Brandon Graham, Carlos Dunlap or Everson Griffen, all 3 of whom have lower floors than Morgan but higher ceilings.

Either way, the Eagles are grabbing a DE in round 1.

DON'T PANIC!

Todd Bertuzzi
03-07-2010, 06:31 PM
Hughes isn't a 4-3 LE lol

Thumper
03-07-2010, 06:41 PM
Hughes isn't a 4-3 LE lol

Says who? He could do it, he wouldn't be strong against the run but he would be just fine as a pass rusher.

Morton
03-07-2010, 09:21 PM
Yeah. Everyone said Trent Cole was STRICTLY a 3-4 LB during the 2005 draft because he was so undersized (kid was less than like 240lbs @ 6'3" coming out of college). How did tha turn out? Jerry Hughes could easily be Trent Cole 2.0.

Anyway, Thumper - you fail to understand what I'm saying. Sure they can get by as is, but imagine the POSSIBILITIES if Peppers were lining up alongside Cole. The Eagles would have, unquestionably the best front four in the NFL if Peppers played like he did in Carolina. Our front four would just MAUL Tony Romo and Eli Manning. It would be crazy good. Sure we can get by without Peppers, but I'm pissed off at the possibilities that could HAVE been and were missed.

I really hope we can grab a DE in the draft that will make an impact, but I'm not as sure about that happening as I was about Peppers being dominant alongside Cole in our system.

Anyway, nothing we can do about it now, but I'm still obviously disappointed. I hope the Bears go 4-12 next season and Cutler throws a million picks just so I can laugh at them for all of the money they spent in free agency.

superman8456
03-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Actually, the Vikings have the best front four in the NFL, unquestionably. Jared Allen, Kevin Williams, and Pat Williams are all All-Pros.

eaglesalltheway
03-07-2010, 10:56 PM

OK, first off, I get it, we ALL get it... &ou want rid of McNabb so Kolb can come in and shine down greatness upon us. You haven't said anything new about this in the last 6 months and I honestly didn't even bother reading most of this in fear that I would waste even more time reading this overdrawn opinion that you have. I'm not trying to be a dick, but come on man, we get it already.
Is anyone else thinking the Eagles are up to something right now I hope it involves either Atogwe or Derrick Johnson. I think Johnson could be an eagle for Reggie Brown/Kevin Curtis and a draft pick the Chiefs are desperate for a WR after missing out on Boldin, and with Johnson falling out of favour with the coaching staff and not being a good fit in the 3-4 it makes sense to try and get something done.The Eagles are always up to something, every good FO is. Their plans don't always work out or even come to fruition, but they are always up to something, and both of these two scenarios I see as possible

And... Kampman is a Jaguar...

WHAT ARE THE EAGLES DOING? The Eagles had a shot at being contenders, I'm not saying push the eject button and bail on the Eagles, but at this point we have to wonder what the hell Andy is doing in Philly. So, lets look at this, there were impact players available at DE, LB and FS and the Eagles didn't make any moves, not a single move... That isn't normal for the Eagles who have normally made a couple signings by now. Now, the Eagles lost out on Kampman, Peppers and KVB and they didn't even make any kind of effort for Rolle or Dansby. Okay, well then the Eagles must be cutting veteran players and building for the future right? Partially, the Eagles cut Westbrook and Witherspoon and saved about 12 million, but for what? What the hell are the Eagles saving money for? A trade? Not likely, they're supposed to trade for draft picks not players, so this can't be right. A FA signing? Nope, all of the half decent ones are gone, word is the Eagles are interested in Mike Bell which is a positive sign but its too little too late and the Eagles surely aren't paying Mike Bell 12 million right? So what are they doing, what the **** are the Eagles doing? If they are trying to win now, a signing should've occurred but if they want to build for the future they would cut salaries of old players, let young players get into starting spots and then trade McNabb.

Right now, it looks like the latter road is the one the Eagles are taking but Andy Reid is a stubborn fat piece of crap who won't trade McNabb even though McNabb will leave in 2011 and won't get anything in return, even though he has two potential starters on the bench.

And none of you can tell me there is no demand out there for them, the Rams signed AJ Feely for 6 million and the 49ers are signing David Carr. These teams are scraping the bottom of the barrel for QB talent, a QB like McNabb, Vick or Kolb would seem to have significant demand on the market.

And then the Eagles need a FS, who was on the market? Antrel Rolle, OJ Atogwe, Ryan Clark and others who are at least respectable starters, but then Kerry Rhodes was dealt for what amounts to almost nothing, a 4th and a 7th. Kerry Rhodes struggled when adjusting to Rex Ryan's system but he was on the verge of being a top 5 safety the year before and the Eagles just sat there and watched this deal go through without making any effort? That is a low risk and extremely high reward deal.

I just want to know what the hell the Eagles are doing.

I don't get it, less than a week ago you were saying you would hate it if the Eagles signed him, and now you are beside yourself they didn't get him? Pick a side man, you're not making any sense.

eaglesalltheway
03-07-2010, 10:57 PM

Hooray!

Sniper nailed my reaction. It is now a personal holiday.

eaglesalltheway
03-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Yeah. Everyone said Trent Cole was STRICTLY a 3-4 LB during the 2005 draft because he was so undersized (kid was less than like 240lbs @ 6'3" coming out of college). How did tha turn out? Jerry Hughes could easily be Trent Cole 2.0.

Anyway, Thumper - you fail to understand what I'm saying. Sure they can get by as is, but imagine the POSSIBILITIES if Peppers were lining up alongside Cole. The Eagles would have, unquestionably the best front four in the NFL if Peppers played like he did in Carolina. Our front four would just MAUL Tony Romo and Eli Manning. It would be crazy good. Sure we can get by without Peppers, but I'm pissed off at the possibilities that could HAVE been and were missed.

I really hope we can grab a DE in the draft that will make an impact, but I'm not as sure about that happening as I was about Peppers being dominant alongside Cole in our system.

Anyway, nothing we can do about it now, but I'm still obviously disappointed. I hope the Bears go 4-12 next season and Cutler throws a million picks just so I can laugh at them for all of the money they spent in free agency.

Now just because my post count is down in recent months, it doesn't mean I have forgot about the game of football, but isn't Cole a RE? I love Trent Cole, and he is a special player, and he woudl get by at LE, but he is perfect exactly where he is right now, and I definitely agree with TB, that Hughes is no 4-3 LE.

Morton
03-07-2010, 11:03 PM
Actually, the Vikings have the best front four in the NFL, unquestionably. Jared Allen, Kevin Williams, and Pat Williams are all All-Pros.

Trent Cole and Julius Peppers coming off the edge would make Jared Allen and Ray Edwards look like trash. Bunkley and Patterson aren't that much worse than the Wiliams brothers either. But Cole and Peppers together would be >>>> Allen and Edwards.

Seriously, it would be that good, if Peppers plays even halfways motivated. It would be carnage for opposing quarterbacks.

eaglesalltheway

Now just because my post count is down in recent months, it doesn't mean I have forgot about the game of football, but isn't Cole a RE? I love Trent Cole, and he is a special player, and he woudl get by at LE, but he is perfect exactly where he is right now, and I definitely agree with TB, that Hughes is no 4-3 LE.

Thumper
I don't get it, less than a week ago you were saying you would hate it if the Eagles signed him, and now you are beside yourself they didn't get him? Pick a side man, you're not making any sense.

At this point, I just want them to sign someone just to make sure Joe Banner and Howie Roseman are still alive.

Morton
03-07-2010, 11:07 PM

What I meant is that Jerry Hughes could make the exact same transition from undersized college end to NFL 4-3 end by bulking up.

He could be great in a 3-4, but I don't think he necessarily is incapable of being a 4-3 end.

eaglesalltheway
03-07-2010, 11:10 PM
Trent Cole and Julius Peppers coming off the edge would make Jared Allen and Ray Edwards look like trash. Bunkley and Patterson aren't that much worse than the Wiliams brothers either. But Cole and Peppers together would be >>>> Allen and Edwards.

Seriously, it would be that good, if Peppers plays even halfways motivated. It would be carnage for opposing quarterbacks.

Howdy do Morton, I am EATW, you prolly haven't seen much of me because I haven't been on much, but this is my hello. Your name is perfect for you because you are definitely a salty fella.

The only DE that you could add to our DL that would even remotely come close to making Allan and Edwards look like trash is Reggie in his prime, and even then, Allen/Edwards are a sick duo. Jared Allen is probably the only DE I'd even consider replacing Cole with, he is damn good, and arguably playing as good as any DE the past two seasons.

As far as I'm concerned Cole/Peppers~Allen/Edwards. And if Pep wouldn't be motivated, that easily favors Allen/Edwards. I love Cole as much as anyone, but you got to take your homer goggles off, these are some grandpa driving homer goggle specials, lol.

eaglesalltheway
03-07-2010, 11:12 PM
At this point, I just want them to sign someone just to make sure Joe Banner and Howie Roseman are still alive.

Did we not just re-sign Weaver, lol, what is the point of signing someone if they won't help the team?

eaglesalltheway
03-07-2010, 11:14 PM
What I meant is that Jerry Hughes could make the exact same transition from undersized college end to NFL 4-3 end by bulking up.

He could be great in a 3-4, but I don't think he necessarily is incapable of being a 4-3 end.

Of course he is not incapable (redudancy fail on my part) of playing LE. He can do it, but that is vastly underutilizing what he does best. Hell, he could in theory play DT too, but it also becomes a matter of how effective will they be? And a high draft pick on a guy playing out of his natural position doesn't make sense to me.

Thumper
03-07-2010, 11:23 PM
Did we not just re-sign Weaver, lol, what is the point of signing someone if they won't help the team?

And, what did resigning Weaver do to help the team? It just kept the status quo. The Eagles are on the verge of being contenders and all they need to do is grab one impact player on defense, ONE of them and they're the likely favorite for the NFC. And what happens, Peppers? Gone. Rolle? Gone. Dansby? Gone. Hell at least with Kampman you've got a run stuffer, I'm not into making him out to be some kind of savior at LE because he isn't but at least he can stop the run. The Eagles need to make some kind of a move, and hopefully that comes with Marlin Jackson and Mike Bell tomorrow.

Also, maybe you should've read through what I said because clearly you failed to grasp what I said, maybe I should ditch the Kolb sig since it makes everyone throw my opinion out the window... Anyways if you actually read what I said smart guy you might not come off as such a prick in your response to me. Here is what I said, if the Eagles wanted to win now they should've signed someone big like Peppers and made more of an effort rather than not even scheduling him for a visit. And if they're into rebuilding they should trade McNabb for picks and cut salaries. I said they've already started to cut salaries with Westbrook and Witherspoon. And then I said, Andy needs to decide where he is taking this team because clearly right now the Eagles lack a clear plan or direction and the way, is he going to keep McNabb and make a run at it or is he going to start Kolb and start to build for 2012? Not once did I say that Andy Reid should start Kolb or trade McNabb, I said he needs to decide what direction he is taking the team. Read it again.

frubulubu
03-07-2010, 11:41 PM
LMFAO, two old vets going at it.

eaglesalltheway
03-07-2010, 11:45 PM
LMFAO, two old vets going at it.

I prefer "wiley old veteran" lol

eaglesalltheway
03-07-2010, 11:56 PM
And, what did resigning Weaver do to help the team? It just kept the status quo. The Eagles are on the verge of being contenders and all they need to do is grab one impact player on defense, ONE of them and they're the likely favorite for the NFC. And what happens, Peppers? Gone. Rolle? Gone. Dansby? Gone. Hell at least with Kampman you've got a run stuffer, I'm not into making him out to be some kind of savior at LE because he isn't but at least he can stop the run. The Eagles need to make some kind of a move, and hopefully that comes with Marlin Jackson and Mike Bell tomorrow. So you are trying to tell me losing Weaver would help the team? OK. Weaver said that there were a small group of team that had sent in offers to him, all I was saying in my last post was a response to your "to make sure Joe Banner and Howie Roseman are still alive." statement, and all I was saying was his signing was something that woudl lead a logical human being to believe that both are still alive. You made a joke, then I made a joke, sarcasm doesn't come accross over the internet, but since apparently you think I hate you, you become overly defenseive and assume I'm being a dick, which is what I was trying to stop. So I guess I'm just a giant A-hole.

Also, maybe you should've read through what I said because clearly you failed to grasp what I said, maybe I should ditch the Kolb sig since it makes everyone throw my opinion out the window... Anyways if you actually read what I said smart guy you might not come off as such a prick in your response to me. Here is what I said, if the Eagles wanted to win now they should've signed someone big like Peppers and made more of an effort rather than not even scheduling him for a visit. And if they're into rebuilding they should trade McNabb for picks and cut salaries. I said they've already started to cut salaries with Westbrook and Witherspoon. And then I said, Andy needs to decide where he is taking this team because clearly right now the Eagles lack a clear plan or direction and the way, is he going to keep McNabb and make a run at it or is he going to start Kolb and start to build for 2012? Not once did I say that Andy Reid should start Kolb or trade McNabb, I said he needs to decide what direction he is taking the team. Read it again.

The Eagles did have him scheduled for a visit, but Peppers decided to go to Chicago first, and they didn't let him leave. Can you blame them?

How does Andy lack a clear plan? Maybe to you he does because he is not doing what you feel is the best course of action, but I think it is obvious he is trying to win now, while still setting the team up for success in the future. It seems as though he is dead set on keeping McNabb, and made an effort to get the one true impact Free Agent in this class. (La Canfora reported the Eagles [and the Pats] had deals out for Peppers that they were willing to sweeten depending on how Peppers meeting in Chicago went) The Bears outdid us, it happens, and honestly, for the price, I don't care, it wouldn't have helped the team much anyway, especially if Peppers will coast now because he is set financially. I completely understood what you said the first time, but it makes no sense because you were underinformed.

Thumper
03-08-2010, 12:12 AM
So you are trying to tell me losing Weaver would help the team? OK. Weaver said that there were a small group of team that had sent in offers to him, all I was saying in my last post was a response to your "to make sure Joe Banner and Howie Roseman are still alive." statement, and all I was saying was his signing was something that woudl lead a logical human being to believe that both are still alive. You made a joke, then I made a joke, sarcasm doesn't come accross over the internet, but since apparently you think I hate you, you become overly defenseive and assume I'm being a dick, which is what I was trying to stop. So I guess I'm just a giant A-hole.[quote]

Okay, did I say him leaving would hurt the team? I said it was preserving the status quo and not helping the team. And you're comment came across as insulting, almost like "You're dumb, lol, they resigned Weaver so clearly they're alive." Which is true... But thats not the point. We'll chalk that one up to miscommunication.

[quote]The Eagles did have him scheduled for a visit, but Peppers decided to go to Chicago first, and they didn't let him leave. Can you blame them?

How does Andy lack a clear plan? Maybe to you he does because he is not doing what you feel is the best course of action, but I think it is obvious he is trying to win now, while still setting the team up for success in the future. It seems as though he is dead set on keeping McNabb, and made an effort to get the one true impact Free Agent in this class. (La Canfora reported the Eagles [and the Pats] had deals out for Peppers that they were willing to sweeten depending on how Peppers meeting in Chicago went) The Bears outdid us, it happens, and honestly, for the price, I don't care, it wouldn't have helped the team much anyway, especially if Peppers will coast now because he is set financially. I completely understood what you said the first time, but it makes no sense because you were underinformed.

I can't remember who said it, but some of the local writers were saying that the 'Peppers visit' was never set up. I think we all just assumed that Peppers was going to visit Philly after Chicago but we never actually had the facts. They threw a contract offer at Peppers, but if they really wanted him, Peppers would be an Eagle, Peppers himself said he really liked the Eagles, that he wanted to play for a contender and that he really liked playing for Andy Reid at the 2009 probowl. Underinformed? Hardly.

And if Andy is truly dead set on winning now why is he cutting Will Witherspoon? If Andy Reid is truly committed to winning now why is he cutting the best LB on the team for salary reasons? If Andy is trying to win, he shouldn't be cutting good players for salary reasons. He should keep his best players on the field no matter the cost and he should've made a stronger effort for Julius Peppers. Its times like these where I start thinking that maybe Jeff Lurie, Joe Banner and others really aren't committed to winning, that what they're committed to is the profit margin.

eaglesalltheway
03-08-2010, 12:29 AM
[QUOTE=eaglesalltheway;2056084]So you are trying to tell me losing Weaver would help the team? OK. Weaver said that there were a small group of team that had sent in offers to him, all I was saying in my last post was a response to your "to make sure Joe Banner and Howie Roseman are still alive." statement, and all I was saying was his signing was something that woudl lead a logical human being to believe that both are still alive. You made a joke, then I made a joke, sarcasm doesn't come accross over the internet, but since apparently you think I hate you, you become overly defenseive and assume I'm being a dick, which is what I was trying to stop. So I guess I'm just a giant A-hole.[quote]

Okay, did I say him leaving would hurt the team? I said it was preserving the status quo and not helping the team. And you're comment came across as insulting, almost like "You're dumb, lol, they resigned Weaver so clearly they're alive." Which is true... But thats not the point. We'll chalk that one up to miscommunication.

I can't remember who said it, but some of the local writers were saying that the 'Peppers visit' was never set up. I think we all just assumed that Peppers was going to visit Philly after Chicago but we never actually had the facts. They threw a contract offer at Peppers, but if they really wanted him, Peppers would be an Eagle, Peppers himself said he really liked the Eagles, that he wanted to play for a contender and that he really liked playing for Andy Reid at the 2009 probowl. Underinformed? Hardly.

And if Andy is truly dead set on winning now why is he cutting Will Witherspoon? If Andy Reid is truly committed to winning now why is he cutting the best LB on the team for salary reasons? If Andy is trying to win, he shouldn't be cutting good players for salary reasons. He should keep his best players on the field no matter the cost and he should've made a stronger effort for Julius Peppers. Its times like these where I start thinking that maybe Jeff Lurie, Joe Banner and others really aren't committed to winning, that what they're committed to is the profit margin.

Here's where I see the business side of it. Witherspoon was our best LB this season, but was he that much better than Akheem Jordan? No. Especially now with Bradley coming back, there wouldn't be much room for Witherspoon. Our WLB and MLB situation would be loaded, and if the team views that they may lose a bit of production but save a lot of money, and potentially put the money they save into better use, and get much better production at another position, why not do it? Right now we as outsiders don't know the plan, and I personally believe there is something more in store before the draft besides the minor signings. We'll se how this all pans out, but right now you can't say for sure what the Eagles plans are because you are not involved. Neither do I, but as I see it, it still seems like Andy is trying to put priorities into winning a championship now, while not selling out and screwing the team over for the future, thus keeping the window of opportunity for a championship better.

frubulubu
03-08-2010, 07:44 AM
Peppers is a Chicago Bear, and wont do didley, ala Haynesworth. Last time we went out for the big name DE FA, it was Jevon Kearse and we all know the story to that. You said it your self, dont panic...so please stop panicking DR. Phil

frubulubu
03-08-2010, 08:22 AM
Eagles have sign Avant to a five year deal.

eaglesalltheway
03-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Peppers is a Chicago Bear, and wont do didley, ala Haynesworth. Last time we went out for the big name DE FA, it was Jevon Kearse and we all know the story to that. You said it your self, dont panic...so please stop panicking DR. PhilLOL, the hypocrisy is astounding...

Eagles have sign Avant to a five year deal. My reaction for Weaver... It applies for Sniper now.

camp_eagles
03-08-2010, 01:45 PM
Eagles have sign Avant to a five year deal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5sQsm_aAyI&NR=1

Todd Bertuzzi
03-08-2010, 02:27 PM
First of all the Eagles didn't cut Withespoon because of his on field play. He was just making too much. Reid has already said that they want to bring him back on a cheaper contract, but that they can't start negotiating with him till a week after they released him. Secondly, the Eagles did make a play for Peppers but the Bears just paid him more than we were willing to offer. I'm glad we haven't overpaid for guys like Peppers, Dansby, Rolle etc... Lastly, I keep hearing "the Eagles were on the verge of being contenders and haven't added anybody." We were on the verge of being contenders while missing our MLB, nickel corner, half our o-line, etc.. and this season we're bringing back the same core of guys, healthy this time around (knock on wood) and we should be poised to make another run deep into the playoffs. The Eagles haven't made many moves because we don't have many holes to fill.

Morton
03-08-2010, 02:50 PM
Howdy do Morton, I am EATW, you prolly haven't seen much of me because I haven't been on much, but this is my hello. Your name is perfect for you because you are definitely a salty fella.

The only DE that you could add to our DL that would even remotely come close to making Allan and Edwards look like trash is Reggie in his prime, and even then, Allen/Edwards are a sick duo. Jared Allen is probably the only DE I'd even consider replacing Cole with, he is damn good, and arguably playing as good as any DE the past two seasons.

Jared Allen is a very overrated DE. I mean, he's good, but he's not great. If you look at his sack totals every year, almost all of them come in bunches against terrible teams.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AlleJa22/gamelog/

He had 14.5 sacks this past year, but 4.5 of them against Green Bay in their first meeting when Rodgers (a qb notorious for holding onto the ball too long) was sitting behind a bad O-Line, and 3.0 sacks against Green Bay the second time around, and 2.0 sacks against Chicago and aging vet Orlando Pace.

Not only is Allen slightly overrated as a pass-rusher, he's pretty average against the run and spends alot of time leaning on the LT during those types of plays.

Ray Edwards is an average to slightly above average DE who gets sacks when Allen is getting double-teamed.

Trent Cole is arguably a better all around (run stopping, pass rushing, etc) DE than either one, in my mind. And Peppers is the most physically dominant DE in the entire league. Since Cole gives practically 100% all the time, if Peppers was playing at even 80% on a given play, the combination of the two would be arguably better than any DE duo in the league. Period.

camp_eagles
03-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Jared Allen is a very overrated DE. I mean, he's good, but he's not great. If you look at his sack totals every year, almost all of them come in bunches against terrible teams.

He had 14.5 sacks this past year, but 4.5 of them against Green Bay in their first meeting when Rodgers (a qb notorious for holding onto the ball too long) was sitting behind a bad O-Line, and 3.0 sacks against Green Bay the second time around, and 2.0 sacks against Chicago and aging vet Orlando Pace.

Not only is Allen slightly overrated as a pass-rusher, he's pretty average against the run and spends alot of time leaning on the LT during those types of plays.

Ray Edwards is an average to slightly above average DE who gets sacks when Allen is getting double-teamed.

Trent Cole is arguably a better all around (run stopping, pass rushing, etc) DE than either one, in my mind. And Peppers is the most physically dominant DE in the entire league. Since Cole gives practically 100% all the time, if Peppers was playing at even 80% on a given play, the combination of the two would be arguably better than any DE duo in the league. Period.

Im going to have to disagree I find it hard to call someone with 14.5 sacks overrated as a pass-rusher when he finished 4th in the NFL for 4-3 ends in QB pressures with 35 thats more then Peppers and Cole.

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=DE3&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1

Also make up your mind on Allen first you say hes very overrated, then hes only slightly overrated as a pass-rusher and average against the run. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

igglefanz
03-08-2010, 04:10 PM

This right here made me come out of my lurking as saying Trent Cole is a better DE then Jared Allen is laughable. Look at the stats over the last 5 years. ((now Jared Allen has been in the league a year longer but still didn't factor in his first year numbers)). Jared Allen has 63 sacks in the last 5 years vs 47 for Trent Cole. Jared Allen has gotten over 14 sacks per season with a high of 15.5 in the last 3 seasons where as Cole had 12.5 two times and 9 once. The solo tackles are 252 tackles for Jared Allen vs 237 for Trent Cole over the last 5 years.

Now some other big stats for a DE Forced fumbles over the last 5 years is Jared Allen 21 and Trent Cole 10. Passes deflected or knocked down over the last 5 years Jared Allen 32 and Trent Cole 8. Fumble recoveries Jared Allen has 11 and Trent Cole has 2 in the last 5 seasons. I mean i love Trent Cole and glad he is an Eagle but still this is a huge difference and I love both players. ((Eagles fan and Idaho State alum where Allen played so follow both close)) And also in Minnesota they are in a low blitzing style of play vs the Eagles so its up to the front four to make plays.

Morton
03-08-2010, 04:33 PM
I'm basing these opinions on watching him play in games (this is subjective) and the fact that the bulk of his sacks (7.5 against Green Bay last year and chunks of 2-3 against teams like Detriot and Chicago) come against teams with bad offensive lines (this is objective).

You can disagree with me if you want, but I think he is merely an above average DE, and not an elite DE. And what Cole might, for example, gives up in pass-rushing ability (slightly), he more than makes up for in his ability to stop the run. Allen is rather mediocre against the run: look at the profootballfocus rankings for DEs against the run.

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=DE3&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1

Thumper
03-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Peppers is a Chicago Bear, and wont do didley, ala Haynesworth. Last time we went out for the big name DE FA, it was Jevon Kearse and we all know the story to that. You said it your self, dont panic...so please stop panicking DR. Phil

Who's panicking? I'm not. Wishing the Eagles had made a move ≠ panicking. Do I wish Peppers was in Midnight Green? Absolutely. Do I think it is going to break the Eagles that he isn't? No. I think the Eagles should make a move already because I feel like they're one big move and a decent draft away from a SB caliber team, I still think the Eagles are a playoff team on paper, they're still incredibly talented and the offense will only get better. But thanks for trying to interpret what I say, try harder next time.

igglefanz
03-08-2010, 05:00 PM
I'm basing these opinions on watching him play in games (this is subjective) and the fact that the bulk of his sacks (7.5 against Green Bay last year and chunks of 2-3 against teams like Detriot and Chicago) come against teams with bad offensive lines (this is objective).

You can disagree with me if you want, but I think he is merely an above average DE, and not an elite DE. And what Cole might, for example, gives up in pass-rushing ability (slightly), he more than makes up for in his ability to stop the run. Allen is rather mediocre against the run: look at the profootballfocus rankings for DEs against the run.

In Minnesota Allen isn't needed to make plays or takes up blocks so others can get plays, With the Williams wall and how they play defense its not set for him to make plays in the run. Teams scheme away from him please look at him the last year he was in KC. He played the run amazingly well. What you are seeing is more scheme then lack of inability to play the run.

If i had my choice i would take Allen any day over Cole. He is a better pass rusher by far as of technique he gets his hands up which Cole seems to forget. Cole plays reckless and create penalties where as Allen is penalized less. And in a defense like Philly's he would play the run just as good if not better. You are taking a snapshot of a player on a great defensive line who because of scheme appears not as effective against the run. And this year alot of games Minnesota had alot of teams abandoned the run early. they had the second best rush defense to phillys 9th.

frubulubu
03-08-2010, 06:12 PM
Who's panicking? I'm not. Wishing the Eagles had made a move ≠ panicking. Do I wish Peppers was in Midnight Green? Absolutely. Do I think it is going to break the Eagles that he isn't? No. I think the Eagles should make a move already because I feel like they're one big move and a decent draft away from a SB caliber team, I still think the Eagles are a playoff team on paper, they're still incredibly talented and the offense will only get better. But thanks for trying to interpret what I say, try harder next time.

If constantly posting the same thing over and over, about not being active in FA, is not panicking, then I stand corrected. You are the biggest whinner, and are constantly crying that the birds did not get so and so. Dont call me King James, but thats my interpretation.

eaglesalltheway
03-08-2010, 06:41 PM
First of all the Eagles didn't cut Withespoon because of his on field play. He was just making too much. Reid has already said that they want to bring him back on a cheaper contract, but that they can't start negotiating with him till a week after they released him. Secondly, the Eagles did make a play for Peppers but the Bears just paid him more than we were willing to offer. I'm glad we haven't overpaid for guys like Peppers, Dansby, Rolle etc... Lastly, I keep hearing "the Eagles were on the verge of being contenders and haven't added anybody." We were on the verge of being contenders while missing our MLB, nickel corner, half our o-line, etc.. and this season we're bringing back the same core of guys, healthy this time around (knock on wood) and we should be poised to make another run deep into the playoffs. The Eagles haven't made many moves because we don't have many holes to fill.

This, this and more of this, we see this EXACTLY the same way.

eaglesalltheway
03-08-2010, 06:44 PM
WHAT ARE THE EAGLES DOING?

That can be interpreted as two things, panicking (sp?), or intense aggrevation if you ask me. And to me, it came of as both.

eaglesalltheway
03-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Yep... That me... The Bully. I'll get you started on that rep thing if that makes you feel better, +rep for both of you.

Anyways I guess if you're going to go and push this thread instead of looking at the Philadelphia Eagles Discussion Thread and seeing we just discussed a bunch of players like Shaun Rogers and Julius Peppers.

Personally I think the Eagles shouldn't make a splash in free agency, there are no free agents who are worth the money in my mind. The one guy I would consider would be Peppers but even he has his drawbacks, like age and motivation. For the most part the CBA has really screwed up free agency to the point where players that can be attained are leaving their primes instead of entering or being in them.

I would much rather gather picks for the draft and just continue the youth movement.

This was your thoughts less than a month ago regarding the FAs, now you are in a tizzy (bringing out the Brittish, lol) that we didn't get these guys. You flip sides constantly man and its annoying as hell. You think with your emotions as a fan as opposed to thinking things through and looking at possible outcomes in each situation.

Morton
03-08-2010, 07:40 PM
I think he mentioned that Peppers would be a worthwhile acquisition but he comes with some question marks.

I personally would have been happy if they had taken a chance on Peppers. Despite the high price tag and the motivation issues, I still think Peppers on the line would catapult the defense into the top 3, at best, and only improve it slightly at worst.

That having been said, I understand why they wouldn't want to pay the $100 mill for Peppers - that's a hell of alot of cash - but I still am disappointed we won't be able to see the potential of Peppers in the Eagles defense and the potential for complete dominance with Peppers and Cole playing together.

eaglesalltheway
03-08-2010, 07:43 PM
I think he mentioned that Peppers would be a worthwhile acquisition but he comes with some question marks.

I personally would have been happy if they had taken a chance on Peppers. Despite the high price tag and the motivation issues, I still think Peppers on the line would catapult the defense into the top 3, at best, and only improve it slightly at worst.

That having been said, I understand why they wouldn't want to pay the $100 mill for Peppers - that's a hell of alot of cash - but I still am disappointed we won't be able to see the potential of Peppers in the Eagles defense and the potential for complete dominance with Peppers and Cole playing together.

Honestly, the team can find a better way to spend that money, which is my main thought behind the idea of not signing him. They made an attempt, but are not going to overpay for him. I can repsect that.

superman8456
03-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Eagles just traded Reggie Brown for a 2011 6th round Buccaneers pick.

eaglesalltheway
03-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Eagles just traded Reggie Brown for a 2011 6th round Buccaneers pick.

Please OH PLEASE be true!!!!! Anything in return for that worthless waste of money is a win on our part.

cunningham06
03-08-2010, 08:21 PM
I can't believe we got something for Reggie Brown... Wow.

Morton
03-08-2010, 08:22 PM
A 6th round pick in next year's draft? That's awful.

The few times he was on the field this year he actually wasn't TOO bad. I'm thinking back to the Chargers game where he broke free for some impressive YAC.

I mean, at the very least he could fill out the depth chart, right?

frubulubu
03-08-2010, 08:44 PM
This was your thoughts less than a month ago regarding the FAs, now you are in a tizzy (bringing out the Brittish, lol) that we didn't get these guys. You flip sides constantly man and its annoying as hell. You think with your emotions as a fan as opposed to thinking things through and looking at possible outcomes in each situation.

This is golden, and to think this was directed at me, lol. Flip flop thumper, lmfao!

frubulubu
03-08-2010, 09:11 PM

Jared Allen is a beast, he has produced in every year. Does every above average have that type of game against Rodgers?

frubulubu
03-08-2010, 09:21 PM
Lol, I just got neg rep from Thumper. Im guessing Eaglesalltheway got ducted as well. Hater, lmao.

camp_eagles
03-08-2010, 09:48 PM
Eagles trade Reggie Brown to the Bucs for a 2011 6th round pick.
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=20441

On NFL.com Jason La Canfora says its a 6th this year I dont know who to believe.

Thumper
03-08-2010, 10:04 PM
Lol, I just got neg rep from Thumper. Im guessing Eaglesalltheway got ducted as well. Hater, lmao.

no, EATW is actually presenting logical arguments, you're just an annoying little coat tail rider.

frubulubu
03-08-2010, 10:09 PM
no, EATW is actually presenting logical arguments, you're just an annoying little coat tail rider.

Thats whats up, keep up the good work, flip flops.

Thumper
03-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Thats whats up, keep up the good work, flip flops.

Don't you have the Lions to cheer for or something?
http://s3.images.com/huge.15.79946.JPG

frubulubu
03-08-2010, 10:24 PM

Eagles come to town this year. Im undecided if I should wear my McNabb, Bdawk, Cunningham, or Reggie White jersey. I will make a sign, maybe it will say "Rep me Thumper"

Thumper
03-08-2010, 10:54 PM
Eagles come to town this year. Im undecided if I should wear my McNabb, Bdawk, Cunningham, or Reggie White jersey. I will make a sign, maybe it will say "Rep me Thumper"

If that happens, I will actually rep you

eaglesalltheway
03-08-2010, 11:52 PM

I'm insulted. My nose isn't that big.

frubulubu
03-08-2010, 11:56 PM
If that happens, I will actually rep you

You can keep your rep, my man. You have been a jackass the entire time I have been here.

camp_eagles
03-08-2010, 11:59 PM
Does no one else care that Reggie Brown has been traded? Its time to celebrate!

brat316
03-09-2010, 12:11 AM
hahhaha i can't believe they got a 6th round pick out of him.

eaglesalltheway
03-09-2010, 12:23 AM
Does no one else care that Reggie Brown has been traded? Its time to celebrate!

I had a party in honor of this glorious day, but you missed it.

cunningham06
03-09-2010, 02:53 AM
Out of Town Reggie Brown!

eaglesalltheway
03-09-2010, 11:43 AM
We finally dumped that clown!

camp_eagles
03-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Looks like Marlin is going to be an eagle since they are making him available to the public at 11AM tomorrow

Heres the quote from Les Bowen at Philly.com:

As I mentioned in the paper today (buy one, it's an incredible value), Jason Avant's agents also handle Marlin Jackson, the Colts CB/safety who will visit NovaCare after stopping by Baltimore today. Jackson didn't sign with the Ravens, and I'm told he'll be at NovaCare by 3 p.m. Updating: The Eagles have announced Jackson will speak to reporters tomorrow at 11 a.m. I wouldn't be at all shocked to see him end up signing here, ACL issues notwithstanding -- as your presumptive starting free safety.

I just like this quote:
Also, if you're wondering what Avant's contract does to the potential DeSean Jackson renegotiation, I'm thinking nothing. As Drew Rosenhaus well knows, there's a 30 percent rule in effect for renegotiations. DJax can't make more than 30 percent above what he made last season. The commission from that deal would hardly keep Drew in hair gel.

frubulubu
03-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Thumper will be delighted with that...yawn.

camp_eagles
03-09-2010, 05:49 PM

And your not?

Thumper
03-09-2010, 06:56 PM

Yes, I am happy the Eagles are getting a big physical corner who is likely moving to FS which makes DE the pick in April.

frubulubu
03-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Hes moving to safety, thats good. But I have bad news, Witherspoon, is joining the Titans. Damn!

Morton
03-09-2010, 09:39 PM
Thumper, no offense, but you I was just thinking that you might want to save that "kevin Kolb : the future" graphic for when Andy actually declares Kolb the starter.

I could easily see Andy sticking with McNabb for 4+ more years and even, say, trading Kolb to a team like the Browns.

I'm just sayin'...

frubulubu
03-09-2010, 10:05 PM
Thumper, no offense, but you I was just thinking that you might want to save that "kevin Kolb : the future" graphic for when Andy actually declares Kolb the starter.

I could easily see Andy sticking with McNabb for 4+ more years and even, say, trading Kolb to a team like the Browns.

I'm just sayin'...

Kevin Kolb = David Klinger

Thumper
03-09-2010, 10:24 PM

I'm just sayin'...

Kevin Kolb is the future starter, that much is known, if he wasn't he would be gone already. Kevin Kolb might not start this season but he will for sure start in 2011 right after McNabb leaves in free agency. Kevin Kolb is the future QB of the Eagles.

eaglesalltheway
03-09-2010, 10:48 PM
And your not?

As lomng as his knee is healthy, I like it, but if there are any questions about his knees, it could come back to bit us in the ass, much like Stacey Andrews. I'm interested to see the contract.

eaglesalltheway
03-09-2010, 10:52 PM
Kevin Kolb is the future starter, that much is known, if he wasn't he would be gone already. Kevin Kolb might not start this season but he will for sure start in 2011 right after McNabb leaves in free agency. Kevin Kolb is the future QB of the Eagles.

We disagree on many things, but this I agree on.

Kolb will be a starter for the Eagles and, I think, a good one. If he wasn't, he would have been traded, Thumper is right there. Where we disagree is on what type of player he is and how he will help this team, as well as when "the future" begins. Thumper has been insistent up until recently it seems that "the future" part of "QB of the future" could be this upcoming season. I've disagreed with that since this became an arguing point. As long as McNabb has a contract under Reid, he will be the starting QB. I do feel that next year looks to be the year where Kolb takes over, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see McNabb another year or two after this contract is up. If it would be two, however, expect to see Kolb traded though.

camp_eagles
03-09-2010, 10:58 PM

I'm just sayin'...

I love how we have to say "no offense" now when taking a stance that is different from someone else.

But seriously no offense Thumper but to bring back this argument on why Kolb might not be "The Future" the Bills thought they had a star QB after 6 games 2 years ago when Trent Edwards went 5-1 and was being mentioned as an EARLY MVP candidate but then he fell apart and so did the team. So my point is give me more than 2 starts before going on about how amazing someone is going to be.

Also I do think he can be a good QB but Im not saying he is one today.

Thumper
03-09-2010, 11:05 PM
Personally I want Kolb to start this season because I feel like he could end up being better than McNabb, its a case of the grass is greener on the other side. Is it any greener? Maybe not, but I'm going to be optimistic and hope that Kevin Kolb can lead the Eagles where McNabb couldn't. But I am smart enough to realize now that Andy Reid probably will not trade McNabb, he trusts him and isn't likely to trade a QB who has taken his team to the playoffs 7 times (Jeff Garcia doesn't count) in 11 years now.

eaglesalltheway
03-09-2010, 11:28 PM
Personally I want Kolb to start this season because I feel like he could end up being better than McNabb, its a case of the grass is greener on the other side. Is it any greener? Maybe not, but I'm going to be optimistic and hope that Kevin Kolb can lead the Eagles where McNabb couldn't. But I am smart enough to realize now that Andy Reid probably will not trade McNabb, he trusts him and isn't likely to trade a QB who has taken his team to the playoffs 7 times (Jeff Garcia doesn't count) in 11 years now.

I'm of the group that believes "you don't know what you have until its gone". McNabb is not the perfect QB by any means, but he is a hell of a lot better than what many teams have, and it is my personal opinion that Kolb in his prime will not be as good as McNabb in his prime.

eaglesalltheway
03-09-2010, 11:30 PM
I love how we have to say "no offense" now when taking a stance that is different from someone else.

Recent events have made me try to cut down on saying it, if someone is going to think I'm beign a dickhead, they'll think it no matter what I say, no matter how polite I try to be. So if I come off as a dick, so be it, I'm not going to waste my time trying to prevent a problem that is going to bethere anyway.

eaglesalltheway
03-09-2010, 11:31 PM
Something to note... We reached page 200!

cunningham06
03-10-2010, 02:29 AM
Yes, I am happy the Eagles are getting a big physical corner who is likely moving to FS which makes DE the pick in April.

I may be beating a dead horse here, but picking Sergio Kindle makes a lot of sense for us since S has been addressed through free agency. On first and second down he is a good SAM option, and on third down a damn good pass rusher. He kills two birds with one stone. Granted he can't play two positions at once (although if anyone could Sergio'd be the one because he's a ******* baller), he could do a lot for this team.

eaglesalltheway
03-10-2010, 11:01 AM
I may be beating a dead horse here, but picking Sergio Kindle makes a lot of sense for us since S has been addressed through free agency. On first and second down he is a good SAM option, and on third down a damn good pass rusher. He kills two birds with one stone. Granted he can't play two positions at once (although if anyone could Sergio'd be the one because he's a ******* baller), he could do a lot for this team.

I like Kindle, but not as much as most others, mostly because I don't think he is a great fit with the team. He has the body of a LB, not a DE, and we need a DE more than a LB IMO. I've been on the Graham wagon for a while now, I think his style of play would be the best for us out of the top available DEs. He plays strong and has a goot motor. He plays both the run and pass very well, and would be a great fit at LE.

Splat
03-10-2010, 01:51 PM
Marlin Jackson, Eagles agree on two-year deal (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/10/marlin-jackson-eagles-agree-on-two-year-deal/)

Todd Bertuzzi
03-10-2010, 02:20 PM
Kindle could easily put on weight if a 4-3 team drafts him to play end.

Sniper
03-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Marlin Jackson, Eagles agree on two-year deal (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/10/marlin-jackson-eagles-agree-on-two-year-deal/)

http://espn.go.com/media/insider/2003/0828/photo/a_jackson_vt.jpg

Glorious.

Go_Eagles77
03-10-2010, 03:02 PM
I think he'll be a pretty solid FS for us at the very least. (barring injury)

eaglesalltheway
03-10-2010, 03:49 PM
Kindle could easily put on weight if a 4-3 team drafts him to play end.

Definitely, I won't argue with that, he is a special player, I'm not trying to say he isn't. But I like Graham more because of his body type, it fits better as a LE than Kindle, and he wouldn't have to put on as much weight. Plus I feel Graham plays with more strength, which is what you want out of your LE.

eaglesalltheway
03-10-2010, 03:50 PM
I think he'll be a pretty solid FS for us at the very least. (barring injury)

As long as his knees are ok to begin with.

superman8456
03-10-2010, 04:00 PM
I would love to have Kindle, but I think he would be extremely misused/underused by Sean McDermott and Co.

Morton
03-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Now that the Eagles have picked up a safety/cornerback in the ol' scratch-and-dent aisle, the draft plans are now:

Brandon Graham, Brandon Graham, Brandon Graham.

and if he's not available in the first round - Jerry Hughes, Jerry Hughes, Jerry Hughes.

Anything else is unacceptable. PLEASE no Carlos Dunlap, Everson Griffen, or Derrick Morgan.

superman8456
03-10-2010, 05:38 PM
I would take my DE's in this order Derrick Morgan, Everson Griffen, and finally Brandon Graham.

eaglesalltheway
03-10-2010, 05:47 PM
I would take my DE's in this order Derrick Morgan, Everson Griffen, and finally Brandon Graham.

I like Morgan, but he will not be available, most likely. Of the ones most likely to be available, I like Graham, then Griffin. Jerry Hughes would be a major liability in the run game for us, and with the lines of Dallas and the Giants, we would get killed in the run game. I like Graham because he can both rush the passer and stop the run. That way we won't have to rely on our LBs as much to stop the run. Graham can stop the ball carrier before it even gets to the second level. Hughes would be very out of position at LE, he would need to add a lot of weight and learn a ******** of technique in the run game, not to mention getting stronger.

Morton
03-10-2010, 06:31 PM
Derrick Morgan and Everson Griffen are physically superior prospects but I personally think that Brandon Graham and Jerry Hughes will have a higher level of production in the pros.

It's all about college production. Hughes and Graham had 10+ sacks this past year both, and Griffen and Morgan didn't afaik. You don't just suddenly "learn" how to sack the quarterback in the NFL if you didn't pick it up in college.

All of the greatest pass rushers (Michael Strahan, Simeon Rice, Dwight Freeney, Julius Peppers) were extremely productive (10+ sacks/year) in college. Many of the busts @ DE were guys who had little production in college but were seen as having high "potential" due to measurables.

I say, go with the guy that has the stats in college, despite being smaller or not as fast.

SickwithIt1010
03-10-2010, 06:43 PM
Derrick Morgan and Everson Griffen are physically superior prospects but I personally think that Brandon Graham and Jerry Hughes will have a higher level of production in the pros.

It's all about college production. Hughes and Graham had 10+ sacks this past year both, and Griffen and Morgan didn't afaik. You don't just suddenly "learn" how to sack the quarterback in the NFL if you didn't pick it up in college.

All of the greatest pass rushers (Michael Strahan, Simeon Rice, Dwight Freeney, Julius Peppers) were extremely productive (10+ sacks/year) in college. Many of the busts @ DE were guys who had little production in college but were seen as having high "potential" due to measurables.

I say, go with the guy that has the stats in college, despite being smaller or not as fast.

so what youre saying is you want him because Sniper wants him? lol

eaglesalltheway
03-10-2010, 06:46 PM

I'm not going to comment on how to evaluate, because I see some things different and some the same, but I want to stay on topic, but I don't like Hughes as much because of his frame. He is much smaller than Graham, and Griffin, and he doesn't have the body type you want in your LE.

Thumper
03-10-2010, 08:54 PM
I'd just like to make a point on Marlin Jackson really quickly, he played FS his Junior year at Michigan, he also played FS his 2nd year in the NFL for 8 games and he was great in run support according to ProFootballFocus, Jackson placed among the leaders in average yards per tackle on run plays he was actually more effective against the run in 2008 than Bob Sanders was.

eaglesalltheway
03-10-2010, 09:40 PM
I'd just like to make a point on Marlin Jackson really quickly, he played FS his Junior year at Michigan, he also played FS his 2nd year in the NFL for 8 games and he was great in run support according to ProFootballFocus, Jackson placed among the leaders in average yards per tackle on run plays he was actually more effective against the run in 2008 than Bob Sanders was.

I'm just cautios about his knees. Stacey may have me over-cautious, but I'm not going to put up any expectations until I see him in person in camp.

Thumper
03-10-2010, 09:57 PM
I'm just cautios about his knees. Stacey may have me over-cautious, but I'm not going to put up any expectations until I see him in person in camp.

I'm actually fairly confident he'll be ready, if you've heard him talk about it he definitely sounds like he is going to be back to form soon enough, he claims that he is already running and that he is already doing backpedaling. Plus I think Stacy Andrews is a completely different scenario, he tore his ACL nearly 2 moths later if I remember correctly and he is just so much bigger which put a lot more stress on his knee and he had to be more careful with it. But I'm super excited, I'm not comparing him to Dawk on the field because clearly he isn't close but when you listen to him, he says a lot of the same things Dawk did, he has a similar speaking style and he carries himself in a similar manner. I think the Eagles just got themselves a good player who is also a great person off the field. He is very physical and I honestly want to see what Dick Jauron and Sean McDermott can do with him.

Speaking of Dick Jauron, he was amazing at developing secondary players in Buffalo, Jabari Greer, Terrence McGee, Leodis McKelvin, Jairus Byrd, Donte Whitner and George Wilson. And he was actually able to develop a ton of good players over the course of his coaching career. I'm excited to see what he can do with Macho Harris and Quintin Demps.

And speaking of being excited, I can't wait for Cornelius Ingram and Stewart Bradley to get healthy, absolutely CANNOT WAIT, Bradley will get the defense on track and Ingram will just be yet another weapon for the offense.

eaglesalltheway
03-10-2010, 10:48 PM
I'm actually fairly confident he'll be ready, if you've heard him talk about it he definitely sounds like he is going to be back to form soon enough, he claims that he is already running and that he is already doing backpedaling. Plus I think Stacy Andrews is a completely different scenario, he tore his ACL nearly 2 moths later if I remember correctly and he is just so much bigger which put a lot more stress on his knee and he had to be more careful with it. But I'm super excited, I'm not comparing him to Dawk on the field because clearly he isn't close but when you listen to him, he says a lot of the same things Dawk did, he has a similar speaking style and he carries himself in a similar manner. I think the Eagles just got themselves a good player who is also a great person off the field. He is very physical and I honestly want to see what Dick Jauron and Sean McDermott can do with him.

Speaking of Dick Jauron, he was amazing at developing secondary players in Buffalo, Jabari Greer, Terrence McGee, Leodis McKelvin, Jairus Byrd, Donte Whitner and George Wilson. And he was actually able to develop a ton of good players over the course of his coaching career. I'm excited to see what he can do with Macho Harris and Quintin Demps.

And speaking of being excited, I can't wait for Cornelius Ingram and Stewart Bradley to get healthy, absolutely CANNOT WAIT, Bradley will get the defense on track and Ingram will just be yet another weapon for the offense.

I do feel Jackson is in better position than Stacey was last year, I'm just not going to hold him to high expectations, or any, until I actually see what he can do when I go to the Training camps this summer. As always, I'll keep everyone informed...

I can't wait for Bradley to be back and healthy. He will make our defense. And if any of you remember what I was saying about Ingram in camp before he got injured, you know I'm excited to see him. He can be special.

eaglesalltheway
03-11-2010, 10:15 AM
I just had someone ask me if I heard the Eagles signed "Colt" Jackson. I said no, but they did sign a Tito Jackson... the worst part, he had no clue I was being sarcastic.

Brothgar
03-11-2010, 11:11 AM
ProFootballTalk

Report: Seahawks want Kolb, not McNabb http://is.gd/adnRv #NFL about 2 hours ago via API

Per PFT's twitter do you trade kolb? My guess is a Schawb deal 2 nd round picks

eaglesalltheway
03-11-2010, 11:14 AM
ProFootballTalk

Report: Seahawks want Kolb, not McNabb http://is.gd/adnRv #NFL about 2 hours ago via API

Per PFT's twitter do you trade kolb? My guess is a Schawb deal 2 nd round picks

Article says the Eagles want 2 FIRST rounders for Kolb, which means the Eagles really aren't interested in trading Kolb.

Brothgar
03-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Article says the Eagles want 2 FIRST rounders for Kolb, which means the Eagles really aren't interested in trading Kolb.

Agreed Kolb is not cutler