PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Eagles Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

superman8456
03-26-2010, 10:44 PM
I wouldn't count on any info that doesn't have a link, otherwise, I just interpret another guy saying that as him may as well be saying "this is what I think happened."

Normally I would take it as a grain of salt, but since there have also been rumors of Samuel being involved in trade talks, I'm a little hesitant. It also came from a more reputable user.

eaglesalltheway
03-26-2010, 10:45 PM
He sure didnt do this with JJ. Everybody respected him.

I think if anybody saw anyone do that with JJ, they wouldn't be on the team the next week.

Thumper
03-26-2010, 10:46 PM
I was on another Eagles board and I read somewhere that during the two Cowboys games, Asante would not listen to McDermott. The guy didnt provide a link, but I'm a little worried about Asante's attitude. Mybe thats why he is being rumored in the Oakland deal.

Can you name the site and copy and paste what he said so we can make our own judgements? (or at least PM it to me?)

frubulubu
03-26-2010, 10:51 PM
I think if anybody saw anyone do that with JJ, they wouldn't be on the team the next week.

Amen, Brother!

eaglesalltheway
03-26-2010, 11:09 PM
Can you name the site and copy and paste what he said so we can make our own judgements? (or at least PM it to me?)

I'll second this, I'd like to know too!!!

frubulubu
03-27-2010, 08:30 AM
There will be no development on the McNabb trade, in the next few days. Reid and company have left on vacation. Andy is headed to Utah.

Thumper
03-28-2010, 02:05 PM
So... Superman are you going to post that little news tidbit?

Also I think that guy might be onto something, Matt Mosley wrote that Sean McDermott was very 'frustrated' with him at times.

If any of this is true, get him off the team.

frubulubu
03-28-2010, 02:38 PM
He refuses to learn and improve his tackling technique. I guess we might keep Sheldon Brown and trade this guy. Maybe straight up for Asomugah?

Sniper
03-28-2010, 06:06 PM
He refuses to learn and improve his tackling technique. I guess we might keep Sheldon Brown and trade this guy. Maybe straight up for Asomugah?

The Raiders would have to be on crack.

Go_Eagles77
03-28-2010, 06:15 PM
Yep, even Al Davis isn't crazy enough to make that trade, and that's saying something.

superman8456
03-28-2010, 06:22 PM
In this article it says Asnate refused to listen to Sean in the two dallas games...

I wonder if there is any truth to this? Asante did seem to be out of position alot
Original post.

I read that in one of the eagle rumor sites. Furthermore, the eagles are possibly including Asante in a trade with the Raiders from Derick Gunn reporting it last night. I think either Asante or Sheldon will be dealt as well as McNabb.
A reply from a reputable poster.

Only things I was able to find on the subject was that Asante refused to play press coverage. Possible reason why the bubble screens were dominating us.

Apparently, following the playoff loss to the Cowboys, first-year defensive coordinator Sean McDermott expressed exasperation over Samuel's refusal to play press coverage, along with his unwillingness to tackle. Eagles coach Andy Reid addressed those Samuel issues during last week's NFC coaches breakfast. "I think Asante knows he needs to have a better year than what he had, even though it was a Pro Bowl year," Reid said. "As good a football player as he is, he can be even better. And I think that's the way he's handling the offseason. He started hitting the weights and doing the things he needs to do to add a little more strength."

frubulubu
03-28-2010, 07:24 PM

Ever since their Super Bowl lost, Al Davis has been on crack.

Thumper
03-28-2010, 07:46 PM
Honestly if that proves to be true I would welcome this trade:

Donovan McNabb, Asante Samuel for Scrabble and a 3rd round pick. Srabble would have no problems with pressing Miles Austin and that stupid bubble screen would finally stop raping the **** out of Asante and the defense.

cunningham06
03-28-2010, 11:02 PM
Who the hell is "Scrabble?" Am I missing something here?

Thumper
03-28-2010, 11:12 PM

Well I would spell his name for you but I can't, he is the CB for the Raiders, first name Nnamdi and he is probably one of the best in the game if not the best.

frubulubu
03-28-2010, 11:34 PM

Asomugha, lol. The only reason I can pronounce his name is because I have a Nigerian friend, who happens to have the same last name. Even the guys at EA, at Madden, cant pronounce the name.

cunningham06
03-29-2010, 12:01 AM
Oh haha, Asomugha? Ok now I get it I thought that was some sort of name abbreviation like Drob for Dunta Robinson.

As for that trade I honestly don't like that at all. While Asante's not perfect, the guys a pick machine. He makes mistakes but he also makes qb's pay. Sure Nnamdi's better, but that and a third rounder for an above average qb who's still got several years left? The qb position is valuable enough that I want more than just a CB and a third rounder. Second round at least.

Go_Eagles77
03-29-2010, 07:56 AM
Asomugha, lol. The only reason I can pronounce his name is because I have a Nigerian friend, who happens to have the same last name. Even the guys at EA, at Madden, cant pronounce the name.

To be fair that guy can't pronounce a lot of names correctly, including Kolb and Mikell lol.

frubulubu
03-29-2010, 08:38 AM
Yeah, he sounds Commish P.T. on th podium.

Thumper
03-29-2010, 01:26 PM
I am hoping Mike McGlynn can step up and make a play for the C spot that is vacated by Jamaal Jackson. Read this old scouting report, there is clearly potential here and I think he could be really good.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/historical/432473

frubulubu
03-29-2010, 01:56 PM
We are going to need someone to step up and take that spot if Jackson cant come back, 100%.

Thumper
03-29-2010, 02:15 PM
Jackson isn't coming back, Andy Reid said JJ is missing at least a large portion of training camp.

brat316
03-29-2010, 02:17 PM
Told you, ACL injuries take a year. Lucky for Stewart his happened right at the start of training camp.

Jackson's also happened at the end of the year.

Thumper
03-29-2010, 02:37 PM
Told you, ACL injuries take a year. Lucky for Stewart his happened right at the start of training camp.

Jackson's also happened at the end of the year.

I've been saying that since he got injured and its one of the main reasons I am a proponent of drafting Maurkice Pouncey.

frubulubu
03-29-2010, 05:33 PM
Pouncey I would take without any hesitation. A true Center and a damn good one at that. I have seen him going as high as 11 to Denver.

eaglesalltheway
03-30-2010, 04:08 PM
Pouncey I would take without any hesitation. A true Center and a damn good one at that. I have seen him going as high as 11 to Denver.

There are some serious rumblings about him being drafted there. i can see it too, but a lot of things would have to fall just right, or wrong, in Denver's case.

eaglesalltheway
03-30-2010, 04:35 PM
I just figured I'd share this nugget with you all. I was talking with a guy today who thinks it woudl benefit the Eagles greatly if they trade McNabb, Asante, AND our first to Oakland for Aso and their second.

Worst trade idea ever? From an Eagles fan too...

frubulubu
03-30-2010, 05:35 PM
I just figured I'd share this nugget with you all. I was talking with a guy today who thinks it woudl benefit the Eagles greatly if they trade McNabb, Asante, AND our first to Oakland for Aso and their second.

Worst trade idea ever? From an Eagles fan too...

McNabb, Samuel for Asomugha, and a swap of first.

Bigp5437
03-30-2010, 05:51 PM
I know at this point it's becoming alot closer to reality...but the idea of trading McNabb period still bout makes me sick to my stomach...

cunningham06
03-30-2010, 06:38 PM
I'd be very surprised to see Pouncey gone at 11. Centers just aren't drafted that high very often. I don't see him going that early they would trade down to take him if they really want him.

Thumper
03-30-2010, 10:50 PM
I really hope the Eagles get this deal done soon, I really do. I'm sick of these rumors and all of this speculation, I'm so anxious for a deal to get done. I'm ready for the Kevin Kolb era.

I'm just going to make a case for Kevin Kolb right now as best I can. This guy has all the tools, he isn’t a McNabb type athlete but we can’t sit around and pretend he is some JAG, he is a mobile guy who can move in the pocket, he can buy time with his legs and overall he is far more mobile than he is given credit for. Sure no one will ever confuse him for McNabb, McNair or Vick but he isn’t a statue in the pocket like Ryan Mallett or Drew Bledsoe, he ran a 4.8 at the combine and is actually an above average athlete for the QB spot. As a matter of fact, Kolb’s ten yard spilt is better than McNabb’s, they’ve got the same vertical jump, McNabb had a slightly better broad jump and 20 yard shuttle, while Kolb had a significantly better 3 cone drill. Now McNabb ran a 4.6 and is obviously one of the best running QBs in the history of the game, but my point is that Kevin Kolb is no slouch in terms of mobility and he showcased his mobility and his ability to throw on the move against the Chiefs and Saints.

Kevin Kolb doesn’t have the cannon that McNabb has but Kevin Kolb’s arm strength is more than serviceable, he showed the ability to complete deep passes against the Saints and Chiefs numerous times. But Kevin Kolb is more accurate than McNabb, he completed 64.7% of his passes in his two starts this season and his accuracy is noted. One NFL scout told the Philadelphia Daily News that “He can throw the slant better than McNabb, and that's a throw you'd want to master if you're playing in the traditional West Coast." Kolb’s accuracy is also noted by now Raven’s headcoach John Haurbaugh who said after Kolb’s disastrous performance against the Ravens “All I know is I saw Kevin Kolb every day in practice for a year when I was the secondary coach [in '07], where he was going against the defense as the scout-team quarterback, When we did red zone, we couldn't defend him. I mean, he'd run the red-zone offense for the team we were going to play. We had the No. 1-ranked red-zone defense in the league 2 years ago. And we couldn't stop Kevin Kolb. Throwing to Mike Gasperson every day in practice. He picked us apart.” There is a reason that McNabb’s teams always struggled in the redzone, McNabb wasn’t accurate, when the field shrunk and the windows got smaller, McNabb lacked the ability to be precise and accurate, Kolb has the ability to be precise and accurate.

Also, Kolb has displayed leadership qualities, and there are rumblings that DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Brent Celek and LeSean McCoy want Kolb to take over. Matt Mosley points this out when he said this yesterday on his NFC East blog for ESPN “Kolb is already popular with his teammates. You may have noticed there hasn't been a huge outcry from the locker room to keep McNabb.” And that “There's a sense in the organization it's time for young stars such as DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, LeSean McCoy and Brent Celek to start playing with the quarterback who's expected to hang around for the next six or seven seasons.” And the day before that Mosley wrote “I've written several times that I believe several young players on offense would actually prefer for the Kolb era to go ahead and begin. Of course, those guys are smart enough to not actively campaign for Kolb in public. But they watch him in the offseason and in the preseason and see how accurate he is in the West Coast offense and how commanding he is in the huddle.” And quite frankly I believe him, especially after reports that surfaced earlier this offseason that the young players looked to Kolb for advice rather than talk to McNabb which in my mind signifies they respect Kolb and that they have chemistry with him that they might be lacking with McNabb.

Matt Williamson who works for the Scout.com wrote this about Kolb:
"He’s been very impressive in limited snaps, going back to preseason. Although last year he got thrown into action when [Donovan] McNabb got benched against the Baltimore Ravens, and he looked horrible. But that was the worst-case scenario for the poor guy, too, to go into the second half against one of the best defenses in the league with no preparation. So you tend to wash that away. But since then Kolb has really stepped it up, and I am high on him. I think he can make every throw. He's a quick decision-maker, and he's a good enough athlete. Kolb has everything you want physically, and the ball comes out of his hand really nice. He has an awful lot of upside, almost like a Matt Schaub when he was in Atlanta or Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay [waiting] behind Brett Favre. Kolb just needs to get a crack at it. I kind of feel like he's the next guy to be breaking out, either with his present team or with a new team. Considering what some of the teams are starting in this league, I would start Kolb today, still being more of an unknown, over 10 or 12 starting quarterbacks for sure."

And when you research Kolb, some interesting and some really strong opinions come up. This article specifically caught my eye (http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/news_details/article/117/2010/march/29/groomed-for-success.html). Why well I’ll just pick out some quotes and you’ll find it easy to see why I found it interesting:
“I played in all-star games with Joe Montana. If you looked at him, he had a frail body, but he worked the system to perfection. He made smart decisions and he was accurate. In this offense, it's all about decisions and precision, and those are (Kolb's) strengths."
Mike Quick former Eagles receiver comparing Kolb to Joe Montana

In both his starts last year, Kolb completed at least 60 percent of his passes, passed for at least 325 yards and threw two touchdowns. The only other NFL quarterbacks in 2009 who produced consecutive games with 60 percent accuracy, 325 or more yards and at least two TDs were Matt Schaub and Aaron Rodgers.

McNabb has never put up those kinds of numbers in back-to-back games. The last Eagle to complete 60 percent of his passes with at least 325 yards and two TDs in back-to-back games was Ron Jaworski in 1982.

"I watched film of those two games again after the season, and Kevin actually played better than I initially thought he had," said Hall of Fame football writer Ray Didinger of CSNPhilly.com and WIP. "He played really, really well. For the most part, he made very good decisions. He put the ball where he wanted to and he got rid of it quickly. I was really impressed with the way he played."

"The (team) has confidence that he can come in there and lead our football team," Reid said after Kolb beat the Chiefs.

But what might be the best thing about Kolb is that he is smart, he makes good decisions on the field and off of it, he knows how to manage the clock and he never loses his cool in the huddle. He has handled this situation with class and respect, telling the Star-Telegram that “I want to be a starter in the NFL, "That’s my No. 1 goal right now. I want that opportunity. But I’m going to be a team player. I trust [coach] Andy [Reid]. I trust his decisions and his ability to see what’s in the future and plan out my career the right way. Hopefully, we’ll do those things to get me on the field at some point, not knowing when it’s going to be." I think this speaks worlds about Kolb and if I’m being quite honest I think that McNabb doesn’t deal with big personalities well, I mean look at how he dealt with TO, yeah TO was a nutcase but McNabb didn’t handle the situation well and he is the reason TO was as mad as he was and quite frankly I don’t have confidence in his ability to handle LeSean McCoy, Jeremy Maclin and DeSean Jackson as they get better and their egos grow. I do have confidence that Kolb can do that, Kolb is a smart guy who wouldn’t have any problems taking the backseat and letting DeSean take the spotlight and lets face it, DeSean isn’t going to be quiet forever, he is egotistical and is a ticking time bomb and the Eagles need to be prepared so it doesn’t turn into TO part 2, DeSean needs to be handled carefully and I think Kolb is the guy who can do that and coexist with huge egos better than McNabb did.

And I have enough respect for McNabb to not say this, but Matt Mosley said today that “There are actually people in the organization who think Kolb gives the Eagles a better chance to win immediately.” And I say that if the organization truly believe Kolb is ready then hand him the keys as soon as possible. I happen to think that the Eagles will be a 7-9 or 8-8 team with Kolb at the helm in year 1 and it will only go up from there as Kolb goes through some growing pains in his first year starting full time.

frubulubu
03-30-2010, 10:59 PM
If the Birds do trade Mc5, I do hope all these people are right.

frubulubu
03-31-2010, 12:10 AM
Ok, I need a break from all the trade rumors... How do you picture our secondary looking this year? Also, how would you like it to look? Both our CB's are rumored to be on the trading block, so maybe, they draft a safety snd move Jackson back to CB? Perhaps, they trade one CB, and draft another. Who would be traded, and who would be drafted? As it stands this is our secondary: CB- Brown/Samuel S- Jackson/Mikell

cunningham06
03-31-2010, 02:49 AM
Jackson after his injury is better suited at FS, I don't think he would be a particularly effective CB in our system especially given how much he would be on an island. Hoping for a high draft pick on a safety personally...

eaglesalltheway
03-31-2010, 11:49 AM
Ok, I need a break from all the trade rumors... How do you picture our secondary looking this year? Also, how would you like it to look? Both our CB's are rumored to be on the trading block, so maybe, they draft a safety snd move Jackson back to CB? Perhaps, they trade one CB, and draft another. Who would be traded, and who would be drafted? As it stands this is our secondary: CB- Brown/Samuel S- Jackson/Mikell

I highly doubt either of our starting CBs is traded, it'd have to take a monster deal. It doesn't make sense to trade either of them at this point. I expect the Eagles to use a relatively high pick on CB, giving us, hopefully, a nickel and future starter once Sheldon or Asante are done. If we get at least one solid CB in this draft, we are set at CB, IMO, for at least two or three years. As far as the safety positions go, I am still unsure about the FS situation, however, I know no matter what we will not be in a dire situation there. Mikell is manning SS, and as long as he stays healthy we will be fine. I expect us to draft a backup SS in the 3rd-5th round range. Really, our secondary, even though it seems like a huge problem, can be fixed with just one or two players, or current players stepping up.

eaglesalltheway
03-31-2010, 11:50 AM
I know at this point it's becoming alot closer to reality...but the idea of trading McNabb period still bout makes me sick to my stomach...

I feel that way too, but since the word has been out and there have been these rumblings for years, I have let myself think more about it, and if the right deal is made, I will be able to live with it.

frubulubu
03-31-2010, 02:06 PM
Good to see im not the only one not thrilled about moving McNabb.

eaglesalltheway
03-31-2010, 02:48 PM
Good to see im not the only one not thrilled about moving McNabb.

The only way I'd be "thrilled" with trading McNabb is if we had some team dumb enough to give up more than just a first round pick. And even if it would be a first and third, I would probably not be truly thrilled until I found out how those picks work for us. In order to be truly thrilled, the Eagles would have to get two first rounders, or something like that, but we all know that isn't happening. So what I'm trying to say is, I don't expect to be thrilled if McNabb is traded, lol.

Morton
03-31-2010, 05:17 PM
According to Bill Barnwell of FootballOutsiders, Jason Peters was the worst left tackle in the NFL last year. Wow.

Here's the article: http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/news/story?id=5037654

It's ESPN Insider content, so I'll quote the stuff he says about LTs:

Left Tackle
Worst: Jason Peters, Philadelphia Eagles (7 sacks/4 hurries/11 total blown blocks)
Best: Joe Thomas, Cleveland Browns (2 sacks/0.5 hurries/2.5 total blown blocks)

The Eagles used a first-round pick to acquire Peters in the hopes that he'd be their left tackle of the future, but he was extremely erratic in 2009. Thomas is pretty clearly the best left tackle in football at this point, but no one knows it because he plays for one of the league's worst teams. He's the offensive Nnamdi Asomugha.

Thumper
03-31-2010, 05:23 PM
That isn't true, he missed the most blocks but that doesn't mean he is the worst in the NFL, he is one of the best run blockers and he only gave up 7 sacks all season and when you look at the passrushers he faced that is a good job. There were a lot worse left tackles in the NFL.

Sniper
03-31-2010, 06:16 PM
According to Bill Barnwell of FootballOutsiders, Jason Peters was the worst left tackle in the NFL last year. Wow.

Here's the article: http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/news/story?id=5037654

It's ESPN Insider content, so I'll quote the stuff he says about LTs:

Right. Worst pass blocker always correlates to worst left tackle. **** run blocking.

eaglesalltheway
04-01-2010, 06:48 AM
**** run blocking.

Andy Reid, is that you? lol

I do agree with what you are saying though, haha. Seriously, maybe if the topic was worse pass protector, this would have SOME merit. But with out offense, we have more passing plays than most other teams, so of course the opportunity to give up sacks will be greater.

Todd Bertuzzi
04-01-2010, 04:44 PM
Exactly, when you're passing it 40 times a game it's understandable to give up a sack now and then.

Thumper
04-01-2010, 06:08 PM
The Eagles are reportedly one of three teams strongly in the mix for Seahawks' OG Rob Sims. This is according to Jason La Canfora.

He sounds like a slightly better version of Max Jean-Gilles based on the stuff I'm reading right now.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/historical/420920
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

However, Profootballfocus has him graded out as the #8 overall offensive guard.

It should be noted that Sims is a LG but I could certainly see him moving to the right side.

eaglesalltheway
04-01-2010, 10:31 PM
The Eagles are reportedly one of three teams strongly in the mix for Seahawks' OG Rob Sims. This is according to Jason La Canfora.

He sounds like a slightly better version of Max Jean-Gilles based on the stuff I'm reading right now.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/historical/420920
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

However, Profootballfocus has him graded out as the #8 overall offensive guard.

It should be noted that Sims is a LG but I could certainly see him moving to the right side.

I have an app on my phone that brings up the new information with the team, and I saw this, and thought this would be a great move, honestly. He may not be the 8th best Guard in the NFL, but he is good in the run game and the passing game. He is also the type of OL that Castillo likes, plays with a little nasty in him.

frubulubu
04-01-2010, 10:43 PM
At what level was he tendered?

eaglesalltheway
04-01-2010, 10:56 PM
At what level was he tendered?

7th round. Yeah, that's why I'd love it.

frubulubu
04-01-2010, 11:02 PM
Oh hell yeah, lets make this $h!t happen, pronto.

superman8456
04-01-2010, 11:03 PM
7th round. Yeah, that's why I'd love it.

Hmmmm...that seems a little too good to be true. Any injury history?

Edit: I couldnt find anything on him.

frubulubu
04-01-2010, 11:07 PM
What would the Seahawks demand for a trade?

eaglesalltheway
04-01-2010, 11:25 PM
What would the Seahawks demand for a trade?

If the Eagles, or another team, offer a contract that the Seahawks won't match, all they can ask for is a 7th.

frubulubu
04-01-2010, 11:29 PM
If the Eagles, or another team, offer a contract that the Seahawks won't match, all they can ask for is a 7th.

The Lions and Bears are also intrested in him. Hopefully we can get this guy without overdrafting our account.

eaglesalltheway
04-01-2010, 11:37 PM
The Lions and Bears are also intrested in him. Hopefully we can get this guy without overdrafting our account.

I certainly wouldn't mind, lol.

Thumper
04-02-2010, 12:54 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6384866/20711262?tag=comBlogEntryListCnt;entry20711262

The Philadelphia Eagles are close to completing a deal, sources said, that would send disgruntled cornerback Sheldon Brown and linebacker Chris Gocong to Cleveland in exchange for one of two packages -- either a draft pick and player or two draft picks and a backup. The deal, which was expected to have been completed by now, is contingent on Brown gaining a new contract.

And Adam Schefter reported the same thing earlier today in much less specific terms. Adam Schefter said there will be a deal between an AFC North franchise and an NFC franchise and this trade certainly fits the bill.

frubulubu
04-02-2010, 07:39 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6384866/20711262?tag=comBlogEntryListCnt;entry20711262

And Adam Schefter reported the same thing earlier today in much less specific terms. Adam Schefter said there will be a deal between an AFC North franchise and an NFC franchise and this trade certainly fits the bill.

Do you know the compensation we will get from the Browns? Is it safe to assume, that the Brownd will now go with Berry in the draft?

camp_eagles
04-02-2010, 10:28 AM
Do you know the compensation we will get from the Browns? Is it safe to assume, that the Brownd will now go with Berry in the draft?

Im hoping Brandon Mcdonald or Eric Wright is involved they are both underrated corners.

Go_Eagles77
04-02-2010, 10:49 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if D'Qwell Jackson is involved. Maybe Brown + Gocong for Jackson + a 4th round pick or somthing like that. That would almost certainly make CB our first round pick. Kyle Wilson or maybe even Devin McCourty.

Todd Bertuzzi
04-02-2010, 11:03 AM
All of those scenarios would be terrible for the Eagles.

BaLLiN
04-02-2010, 11:06 AM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=20616

sorry guys

The Philadelphia Eagles today announced they have traded CB Sheldon Brown and LB Chris Gocong to the Cleveland Browns for LB Alex Hall, a 4th round draft choice (105th overall) and a 5th round draft choice (137th overall) in 2010.

Todd Bertuzzi
04-02-2010, 11:08 AM
So where's the part where it says April Fools?

BaLLiN
04-02-2010, 11:11 AM
So where's the part where it says April Fools?

yeah lol, this is an awful deal if sheldon is healthy, makes one wonder whats going on....

Sniper
04-02-2010, 11:14 AM
You cannot be ******* serious.

brat316
04-02-2010, 11:20 AM
AHhahaahha...first they cut Will Weatherspoon, then they trade Sheldon Brown for a draft picks and ST Lb.

Really why would you trade Brown for just that much, he was the only tackling corner the Eagles had.

Sniper
04-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Better get all snug and comfy in last place. It's going to be our home for a while.

brat316
04-02-2010, 11:21 AM
Miles Austin is going to wreak the Eagles' secondary with the bubble screens.

BaLLiN
04-02-2010, 11:23 AM
AHhahaahha...first they cut Sean Weatherspoon, then they trade Sheldon Brown for a draft picks and ST Lb.

Really why would you trade Brown for just that much, he was the only tackling corner the Eagles had.

you mean Will Witherspoon, they could easily turn this around and draft good players for their system. Gocong really wasn't fit in the system and there are alot of linebackers who could fit the philly system better even late in the draft.

In regards to sheldon, if they get Asmougha i dont think anyone really regrets this, they'd need to get rid of him to sign Nnamdi to a long term deal anyway.

brat316
04-02-2010, 11:27 AM
you mean Will Witherspoon, they could easily turn this around and draft good players for their system. Gocong really wasn't fit in the system and there are alot of linebackers who could fit the philly system better even late in the draft.

In regards to sheldon, if they get Asmougha i dont think anyone really regrets this, they'd need to get rid of him to sign Nnamdi to a long term deal anyway.

If thats the reason then the Mcnabb trade must be happening pretty much 90% going to happen.

If Asmo and Asante play together,will they be dubbed best secondary every?

They could turn it around but hitting on your 4th and 5th round picks in the same year is a difficult task, even if they are situational/role players.

BaLLiN
04-02-2010, 11:32 AM
If thats the reason then the Mcnabb trade must be happening pretty much 90% going to happen.

If Asmo and Asante play together,will they be dubbed best secondary every?

They could turn it around but hitting on your 4th and 5th round picks in the same year is a difficult task, even if they are situational/role players.

yeah, i dont think you eagles fans should jump over the edge just yet, this to me points to a trade with the Raiders for Aso. Realistically, probably McNabb and a 3rd for Aso. Sheldon would've been moved to NB and requested a trade anyway and Aso would need to be resigned to a long term contract, so money is saved.

No, Aso didnt play great last year, but Aso has all makings to be a great corner in the Philly system with his size and speed to bump and run.

Easily, drafting for their defense linebacker-wise is not difficult.

brat316
04-02-2010, 11:34 AM
Well they have 10 picks now.

1st round (24th overall), 2nd round (55), 3rd round (70, from Seattle), 3rd round (87), 4th round (105, from Cleveland), 4th round (121), 5th round (137, from Cleveland), 6th round (200, from Indianapolis), 7th round (243, compensatory pick), and 7th round (244, compensatory pick).

eaglesalltheway
04-02-2010, 11:38 AM
OK, I'm gonna cry.

I need to soak this in before I post anything else...

Go_Eagles77
04-02-2010, 11:40 AM
yeah, i dont think you eagles fans should jump over the edge just yet, this to me points to a trade with the Raiders for Aso. Realistically, probably McNabb and a 3rd for Aso. Sheldon would've been moved to NB and requested a trade anyway and Aso would need to be resigned to a long term contract, so money is saved.

No, Aso didnt play great last year, but Aso has all makings to be a great corner in the Philly system with his size and speed to bump and run.

Easily, drafting for their defense linebacker-wise is not difficult.
I really can't see that happening, this pretty much means the eagles are officially re-building. I would be shocked if McNabb is still on this team next year now.

Todd Bertuzzi
04-02-2010, 11:40 AM
The fact that we get Aso(which I'm not in favor of since I'd rather have Brown and McNabb then Aso and Kolb) still doesn't negate the fact that we gave Sheldon Brown away for scrubs. I would've hoped we could get at least a 2nd for him.

eaglesalltheway
04-02-2010, 11:48 AM
So, Sheldon is gone, and McNabb is now most likely gone to get Aso to replace Sheldon. So Here is what the Eagles have done... They got rid of a damn good QB and CB, and a backup LBfor a damn good CB, a relative unknown LB, and mid round picks? The Eagles better get a high pick from the Raiders as well, or these moves will be atrocious. Sheldon is worth more than what the Browns gave up. Who knows what Alex Hall is going to be for the team? probably a backup, just what we need another backup LB. Sheldon is arguably worth a 2nd round pick, though I conced the Eagles would have to give back a fifth in a trade like that. If the Eagles can package those picks and move up, it won't be as bad, but we lose our top CB, a top 10 CB in the league, and only get a backup, and mid round picks? I hope the Eagles have a trick up their sleev, because when you add up the additions and the subtractions, the Eagles will be in the red after this set of trades is over.

BaLLiN
04-02-2010, 11:52 AM
So, Sheldon is gone, and McNabb is now most likely gone to get Aso to replace Sheldon. So Here is what the Eagles have done... They got rid of a damn good QB and CB for a damn good CB, a relative unknown LB, and mid round picks. The Eagles better get a high pick from the Raiders as well, or these moves will be atrocious. Sheldon is worth more than what the Browns gave up. Who knows what Alex Hall is going to be for the team? probably a backup, just what we need another backup LB. Sheldon is arguably worth a 2nd round pick, though I conced the Eagles would have to give back a fifth in a trade like that. If the Eagles can package those picks and move up, it won't be as bad, but we lose our top CB, a top 10 CB in the league, and only get a backup, and mid round picks? I hope the Eagles have a trick up their sleev, because when you add up the additions and the subtractions, the Eagles will be in the red after this set of trades is over.

I doubt the Raiders are giving up a high pick since Donovan is the one being shopped, plus Aso is probably higher valued than McNabb.

McNabb + 3rd/4th = Aso

brat316
04-02-2010, 11:58 AM
And Joe Banner gets a new contract....Wooooray everybody wins.

eaglesalltheway
04-02-2010, 12:03 PM
I doubt the Raiders are giving up a high pick since Donovan is the one being shopped, plus Aso is probably higher valued than McNabb.

McNabb + 3rd/4th = Aso

If the Eagles give up a pick in any trade involving McNabb, other than a mid/late one to give back for a higher pick, I am going to flip the **** out.

cunningham06
04-02-2010, 12:15 PM
Well **** my tits. At least we got a good LB out of it... Oh wait, we got Alex Hall? ****.

LonghornsLegend
04-02-2010, 12:16 PM

McNabb + 3rd/4th = Aso

That would probably be the dumbest, most pointless trade in the history of the NFL. If I'm Philly I'm shopping McNabb for picks point blank, as high as you can get. Getting a corner AND giving up a pick for your starting QB does nothing for them at all.

It doesn't even make sense for Philly to consider something like that.

BaLLiN
04-02-2010, 12:25 PM
well since philly has the ability to sign Aso to a long term contract, he's only 28, and McNabb is nearing the end of his career possibly having 2 or 3 years left maybe 1 or 2 good ones.

cotts1
04-02-2010, 12:56 PM
I'm so pissed my Lions didn't offer up their 4th and 5th. We need a starting CB soooooo bad!

As senile as Al Davis is, I still can't see him parting ways with Aso for a veteran QB with only a couple good years left. McNabb for draft picks is probably what will happen.....although, it is Al Davis so you never really know....

Morton
04-02-2010, 01:07 PM
It doesn't make sense to get anything less than a first round pick for McNabb at this point, period.

If AJ Feeley can fetch a second round pick, McNabb can definitely fetch a first.

Kramer
04-02-2010, 01:13 PM
It doesn't make sense to get anything less than a first round pick for McNabb at this point, period.

If AJ Feeley can fetch a second round pick, McNabb can definitely fetch a first.

Teams learned from that mistake though. This McNabb deal better be ******* epic because so far 2010 has been a huge fail for the Eagles. Heres a time line with no exact dates.

Get shut out against the Cowboys in a game to win the division, get our asses kicked again by them the next week in the playoffs, Tom Heckert becomes Browns GM, Will Witherspoon cut, no Michael Vick suitors so he will be paid 5 mil to run the ball for 3 yards twice a game next year, McNabb being heavily talked in trade but apparently we are asking for way too much, Sheldon Brown traded for trash.

I left out Weaver extension and Mike Bell but you get what I am saying that this hasn’t been a great calendar year for us so far.

superman8456
04-02-2010, 01:15 PM
****!

Part of me is happy about this. Hopefully the front office realizes our defense is **** next year and fires Sean McDermott. Leslie Frazier plz

Thumper
04-02-2010, 01:48 PM
Woah, what the ****? I thought for sure they would get something better than Alex Hall, 4th round and 5th round picks! That is probably the worst trade I've seen in a while... Oh well Daniel Jeremiah likes Alex Hall and called him "Very raw with excellent athletic ability" and said that would be someone we need to keep an eye on.

But right now it looks like Heckert and Holmgren just raped Roseman and Reid.

bigbluedefense
04-02-2010, 01:51 PM
****!

Part of me is happy about this. Hopefully the front office realizes our defense is **** next year and fires Sean McDermott. Leslie Frazier plz

Frazier isn't going to leave Minny for another DC job. He's gonna be a HC.

And yes, please fire McDermot so we can hire him. You can have Perry Fewell.

Thumper
04-02-2010, 01:56 PM
I think this pretty much makes Aso an Eagle, they clear a starting spot for him, pick up some spare picks to sweeten the pot a little bit and now Philly needs a CB badly and Oakland still needs a QB.

frubulubu
04-02-2010, 02:03 PM
But right now it looks like Heckert and Holmgren just raped Roseman and Reid.

That would make for a great sig.

brat316
04-02-2010, 02:20 PM
I'm so pissed my Lions didn't offer up their 4th and 5th. We need a starting CB soooooo bad!

As senile as Al Davis is, I still can't see him parting ways with Aso for a veteran QB with only a couple good years left. McNabb for draft picks is probably what will happen.....although, it is Al Davis so you never really know....

It does when Aso wants to leave and not stay with the Raiders any longer. Next year his pay is top 5 Qb average salary.

Morton
04-02-2010, 02:38 PM
Guys, before you go too apesh!t over this trade, remember that Brown was 31 years old, has clearly lost a step in coverage, and got burned for quite a few long touchdowns last year.

His best days are behind him and I'd be surprised if he has more than a year or two of quality play left in him.

I mean hell, there's a chance that he's completely done as a quality CB. Wouldn't you be glad that the Eagles at least got SOMETHING for him rather than just end up cutting him in 2010 or 2011?

cotts1
04-02-2010, 03:34 PM
It does when Aso wants to leave and not stay with the Raiders any longer. Next year his pay is top 5 Qb average salary.

Since when has Al Davis been worried about paying his players? I don't think he gives a sht about Aso's salary. He also doesn't care if his players want to play in Oakland or not....This is why he's regarded as the worst owner in the NFL....

I didn't realize Brown was that old. I thought he was like 27-28. This explains why his trade value was so low. Cleveland will probably move him to safety.

superman8456
04-02-2010, 03:41 PM
I dont think many people have thought of that one. Move Sheldon to S, then draft a CB? That would have been a better move than trading him away.

Thumper
04-02-2010, 03:59 PM
****!

Bad news. If Sean McDermott isn't an Eagles I can almost guarantee that Dick Jauron is the defensive coordinator next season. That means the Eagles would be running some variation of the Tampa 2.

And the pieces are being put into place for the switch as well, you know just preparing so it won't be a crapshoot. In the secondary, Marlin Jackson, Macho Harris and Asante Samuel are all great fits in the cover 2, they traded away a man to man cover guy in Sheldon Brown, they brought in Darryl Tapp who played Tampa-2 in Seattle, Alex Hall is a long lanky LB who is a DE/LB guy who would play DE in a Tampa-2. The Eagles linebackers (Jordan, Bradley, Fokou, Gaither) are good fits for the defense and if the defensive tackles could dominate if the Eagles moved to a 1 gap scheme and let Bunkley, Patterson and Laws loose all three of whom are better in a 1 gap scheme than a 2 gap scheme. Demps would be a decent Tampa-2 safety and Mikell would be a good Tampa-2 SS. The pieces are there if the switch is made, especially after the Eagles brought in Tapp, Jackson and Hall.

frubulubu
04-02-2010, 10:01 PM
It seems like it was not long ago that we had Troy Vincent and Bobby Taylor playing CB. Then we went and drafted Lito Shepard, Sheldon Brow, Michael Lewis in the same draft. And now none of these guys remain.

cotts1
04-03-2010, 01:00 PM
It seems like it was not long ago that we had Troy Vincent and Bobby Taylor playing CB. Then we went and drafted Lito Shepard, Sheldon Brow, Michael Lewis in the same draft. And now none of these guys remain.

NFL sure is a rough business...they chew em up and spit em out.....

brat316
04-03-2010, 10:48 PM
NFL sure is a rough business...they chew em up and spit em out.....

NFL...Not For Long

frubulubu
04-03-2010, 10:57 PM
NFL = No fun league

frubulubu
04-03-2010, 11:46 PM
Derrick Gunn has posted on his Facebook, that McNabb might stay and we might see Kolb traded.

cunningham06
04-03-2010, 11:51 PM
That'd be a shock. If that's the move then is Vick the future? If anything we should deal Donovan or Mike Vick.

Thumper
04-03-2010, 11:54 PM
That won't happen and that isn't my Kolb bias talking. If that was the case there would definitely be more of that buzz around the league but that has yet to even be seriously discussed. I think its quite clear based on stuff coming from the Eagles and around the league that McNabb has one foot out the door.

McNabb didn't show up to conditioning, Vick and Kolb did. Kolb is staying, I would bet anything on that.

frubulubu
04-04-2010, 12:25 AM
Yeah thats the most logical, but my Dmac bias, would have me thrilled. Although, I dont see that happening. By the way your avatar rocks.

Thumper
04-04-2010, 12:58 AM
Get Asante Samuel off this god damn team right now. I can't even explain how pissed I am at him. Oh...

Alright here is the story, http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20100403_Paul_Domowitch__For_Eagles__cornering_She ldon_Brown_s_replacement_won_t_be_easy.html

Andy Reid says:
"I think Asante knows he needs to have a better year than what he had, even though he was a Pro Bowler," the Eagles coach said. "As good a player as he is, he can be even better. And I think that's the way he's handling the offseason."

and Asante Samuel responds...
http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/landing/?blockID=209594&feedID=692
“The whole team needs to improve from the front office, to the head coach to the players”.

Asante Samuel **** you.

frubulubu
04-04-2010, 01:00 AM
**** I just got an infraction im so ******* mad!

Thumper
04-04-2010, 01:02 AM
**** I just got an infraction im so ******* mad!

Why did you get it?

frubulubu
04-04-2010, 01:20 AM
Why did you get it?

I avoided censor on the word doddle...On your post, now that im upset. Asante you have to shut the **** up, you little *****! Cut your stinky wanna be Jamaican hair and learn how to tackle. Get physical with the WR's and please learn how to cover Miles Austin, if you want to continue being a bird. P.S. Dont let the door hit you on your way out.

Sniper
04-04-2010, 08:46 AM
I'm not seeing what's wrong with Samuel's quote. What part of it isn't true?

Go_Eagles77
04-04-2010, 09:50 AM
Yeah, that's hardly something to wish he was off the team about. Especially considering that would leave Ellis Hobbs and Joselio Hanson as the starters at CB.

brat316
04-04-2010, 11:03 AM
Yeah the everyone on the team could improve. Fans talk about how Reid sucks at calling plays at times, running a more balance offense. Front office making bonehead moves and trades, letting players go that are the teams face. And the players well complain about them all the time as well.

igglefanz
04-04-2010, 02:49 PM
Get Asante Samuel off this god damn team right now. I can't even explain how pissed I am at him. Oh...

Alright here is the story, http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20100403_Paul_Domowitch__For_Eagles__cornering_She ldon_Brown_s_replacement_won_t_be_easy.html

Andy Reid says:

and Asante Samuel responds...
http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/landing/?blockID=209594&feedID=692

Asante Samuel **** you.

Really you are the prime example of why people think Philly fans are a bunch of nuts. The Eagles have done very little to improve this off season and nothing Asante said was a lie. FO has done very little to improve the team which was really 4 Players away from being one of the best in the NFl. A interior Offensive line man, A DE, An OLB and a good safety. We cut Will, close to trading of McNabb, Kinda improved at DE with Tapp and taking a risk as safety then traded off Brown. Really i can't blame Asante for saying what he did. This team was close now We are not retooling we are rebuilding when you put that much stock into draft picks.

Reid is a good coach but makes bonehead calls. That is a given he doesn't run the ball much look at the end of not this season but the last when the eagles ran the ball more. They were hard to stop. Now also Asante does need to work on his tackling but really you want to run off one of the better corners in the league because he speaks his mind?

Thumper please quit running your mouth like a madman. I am sorry but you don't know what bad seasons in Philly are like. The last time the Eagles really stunk you were still figuring out what side of the sandbox smelled the best.

Thumper
04-04-2010, 04:19 PM
Okay, I realize what Samuel said was completely right and that is why I'm a little ticked about it. Regardless of whether or not you think the coach is doing a good job, you don't go text a reporter that the Coach needs to get better, the frontoffice needs to get better etc. etc. You don't do that stuff and if he does do that stuff, I really can believe that Samuel ignored Sean McDermott when Sean told him to press Miles Austin. And Samuel really does need to shut the **** up, all Andy did was ask you to tackle, is that such a hard thing to do? Asante was the worst tackling corner in the NFL last year and it cost the Eagles big time on occasion. Yeah Asante, you can get interceptions, but remember all times that he completely ditched his assignment and jumped routes? I do, it sure led to some nice highlights, but he also got burned a few times doing it. All Andy wants you to do is tackle and its sad that he has to do that seeing as Asante is kind of a defender.

You just don't question the coaches authority.

And the team has improved, they added a veteran secondary presence in Marlin Jackson and whether or no he starts he is certainly an upgrade in terms of back-ups and he would be a valuable role player as well lining up at Nickel, FS and occasionally SS. Darryl Tapp is significantly better than Chris Clemons, he was one of the best run defenders in the NFL, he had 13 QB hurries and 15 QB hits (he is 5th in the NFL in this category). And then on offense, they added one of the best short yardage specialists in the NFL in Mike Bell. And while he seems like a lousy compensation to Sheldon Brown, Alex Hall is actually fairly decent in space, or at least better than Gocong in that regard and he is a good special teamer.

Plus you've got to take into account the natural progression of the players, DeSean Jackson, Brent Celek, Jeremy Maclin, LeSean McCoy and the offensive line will all be better. I know the offensive line improving might not seem true, but after having a year to gel, they'll pull it together this season, you could see with all the injuries and missed time that the line lacked chemistry and they didn't know what the person next to them was going to do, that will change this year once everyone is used to each other. And on defense, again you have to account for the natural progression of players, Moses Fokou struggled with the mental aspect of the game but he showed us nothing that says he lacks ability. Macho Harris was in his first year playing FS and he didn't have a good feel for it yet. And Stewart Bradley is coming back, that is the biggest addition of the offseason for the defense, Stewart Bradley is coming back, he was on the verge of becoming an all-pro in his first season starting according to some.

This team hasn't gotten worse, the only real loss has been Sheldon Brown, Witherspoon can be replaced by Akeem Jordan, Clemons/Howard are replaced by Tapp. Gocong is replaced by Hall and Fokou. Westbrook's production will be replaced by LeSean McCoy, Mike Bell and Leonard Weaver. Kevin Curtis' production will be completely blown away yet again by Jeremy Maclin. The Eagles still have one of the most talented rosters in the NFL.

And there hasn't even been a draft yet, if this team can continue to build on the already super strong supporting cast around Kolb, this team can go to the playoffs. The Eagles will be choosing between 3-4 corners on draft day in round 1 and there is a ton of depth at that spot as well.

And I might have been young when the Eagles were bad, but I still know more than you do so get out of here with that crap. I know damn well how terrible the Eagles were under Ray Rhodes and I really don't need to see a terrible team to appreciate all the success the Eagles have had.

brat316
04-04-2010, 04:34 PM
He is just asking the whole organization to act better and be up the their potential. He probably like why you pointing me out only, this was a team effort.

frubulubu
04-04-2010, 06:03 PM
Thumper I know that in the 70's the Eagles were horrible. I see it on TV, and read it from time to time online. I did not witness first hand how that felt, and the humilation that comes with being the worst team in all the league. The way things were under Ray Rhodes, as a passionate Eagle fan can demoralize you. I am in no way shape or form insulting your intelegence. What ever happened to the Eagles in the 70's to me is of no emotional significanse, cause I did not live in the era. Losing sucks and when endure it so much, you apreciate this team much more. You are a bright and well knowlegable poster, and can win many debates on the forum. But losing is something you are not familiar with. Dont take this personal, im just sharing a little of my pain I have been put through by our team.

FreshBoy!
04-04-2010, 07:16 PM
This just in...McNabb is officially a Redskin!

Bigp5437
04-04-2010, 07:20 PM
*bangs head against wall*

The Redskins? Really? Why within the division? I can't believe this...smh

Thumper
04-04-2010, 07:31 PM
http://www.everyjoe.com/expertfantasy/files/2009/09/kevin-kolb-eagles-20080828_zaf_c04_021.jpg

Kolb, if you fail I am going to be so uber pissed.

And as for McNabb leaving, I don't care at this point, I knew he was gone since the third quarter of the Dallas game in the playoffs. It was a nice run but not nice enough. I really do like McNabb and I appreciate everything he did for Philadelphia and everything he did for the franchise. He has been nothing but a class act in the face of the most adversity probably ever faced by a QB. I really do enjoy McNabb, I'm glad I got to watch him for so many seasons. This chapter of Eagles history is closed and it was a good chapter, not a great one, but a good one. Thanks McNabb for being a good guy on the field and off the field.

brat316
04-04-2010, 07:52 PM
McNabb and Shanny might make a pretty good pair. Roll outs and bootlegs, he may even resign with them.

Really why trade in division though?

frubulubu
04-04-2010, 07:55 PM
Andy ****** Reid! I am upset beyond words...why to the Skins? My cell is ringing off the hook, and I dont want to no one, honestly, I am besides my self!

2KD@VIS
04-04-2010, 08:17 PM
tHE fas wll be callin for vick after everytime kolb makes a bad play lol:rolleyes:

Eaglez.Fan
04-04-2010, 08:26 PM

frubulubu
04-04-2010, 08:28 PM

agree 100%

Morton
04-04-2010, 08:45 PM
I'm sorry, but there's really no positive spin I can put on this.

The Eagles are completely screwed next unless Kolb turns into the next freaking Tom Brady.

frubulubu
04-04-2010, 08:49 PM
I'm sorry, but there's really no positive spin I can put on this.

The Eagles are completely screwed next unless Kolb turns into the next freaking Tom Brady.

Hopefully its not the next Bobby Hoying. There aint mo positive spin for this, and I cant help but feel.... there are no words.

cunningham06
04-04-2010, 09:44 PM
Hey at least we got an early second round pick and either a 3rd or 4th round pick next year. We got pretty good value for McNabb, I hate that he's going to the Skins though. As long as we beat em both times next season I'm happy.

superman8456
04-04-2010, 09:58 PM
Are you guys kidding me? Eagles got a steal in this deal. Granted, division rivals is not ideal, but better than nothing.

frubulubu
04-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Hey at least we got an early second round pick and either a 3rd or 4th round pick next year. We got pretty good value for McNabb, I hate that he's going to the Skins though. As long as we beat em both times next season I'm happy.

Do you remember when Cunningham left the Eagles and played for Dallas that one year? This is going to rank up there, with sore eyes.

Lord_Anubis
04-04-2010, 10:11 PM
Avid reader, but this force me to post
Sad panda....its only gona be worth it if kolb is pro-bowlish

Thumper
04-04-2010, 10:16 PM
Avid reader, but this force me to post
Sad panda....its only gona be worth it if kolb is pro-bowlish

Post more, the more opinions the better.

cunningham06
04-04-2010, 10:28 PM
Watching this go down is going to break my heart no doubt about. McNabb as someone already said is a total class act. Great guy, even when things looked dicey he never sold out the team or complained about the FO. He's a stand up guy and I wish I could still root for him, and will as long as it does not effect the Eagles. (Which will be very rarely)

J-Mike88
04-04-2010, 10:41 PM
Bird Fan:

If anyone can relate to this situation, it's a die-hard Packer fan who watched the whole fricking Farve saga.

A few of us wanted to trade him right to the Vikings and r*pe them for at least a #1 pick. They were so desperate to get him, we could have probably gotten a 1 and a decent player or an extra pick.

As it was, we only got a single 3rd round pick, from the Jets.
And the bastard ended up on the grape apes anyway.

You guys got that same 3rd round pick next year, PLUS a super high 2nd rounder this year.

As for the Redskins, I don't think you have to worry about them anyway. It's Dallas and the Giants that are the bigger threats.
Shanahan is not God. Their OL is crap.

But the most important thing of all is Kevin Kolb, and I think the guy looked great, in live action, regular season not exibition bull****. That's no mirage, and like Rodgers, the guy should get better.

I know it's bittersweet though. It's different than Farve because that ****sucker wanted to go to our bitter bitter evil rival, so that made half of us hate him instantly. No brotherly love in Green Bay for him from the true Packer fan.

I like the Eagles more than the Skins this year, FWIW.

Redskins @ Eagles, opening week Sunday Night Football on NBC?

camp_eagles
04-04-2010, 11:31 PM
If Kolb fails (I hope he dosent) and McNabb has another good year im blaming Thumper for it.

Thumper
04-04-2010, 11:38 PM
Gary Kubiak said that Kolb reminds him of Brett Favre. (http://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/status/11615942692) God I hope so, that would be a miracle. I would be in heaven if Kolb was as good as Favre, that would be so epic. Obviously not realistic, but man its fun to dream.

frubulubu
04-04-2010, 11:43 PM
I have a friend in Houston, and she says she is gonna send me a Kolb UH, jersey.

frubulubu
04-04-2010, 11:45 PM
Gary Kubiak said that Kolb reminds him of Brett Favre. (http://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/status/11615942692) God I hope so, that would be a miracle. I would be in heaven if Kolb was as good as Favre, that would be so epic. Obviously not realistic, but man its fun to dream.

That would be nice, I love Farve, no ****.

cunningham06
04-05-2010, 12:40 AM

I'm all for positive news about Kolb, but I'm just as qualified to make that comparison as Kubiak, which tells you something. Last time I checked Kubiak has worked with neither Favre nor Kolb. I'm all for optimism, but stuff like that's pretty empty IMO.

But please Kolb, please prove that my rage when you were drafted was unjustified. I'm hoping he does.

igglefanz
04-05-2010, 01:32 AM

I wonder if he means Farve's ability to throw picks?

Thumper
04-05-2010, 01:54 AM

Quit being so negative.

igglefanz
04-05-2010, 02:42 AM
Quit being so negative.

I am negative because I am not fooling myself. The Eagles are not a better team then last year. We are going from a 6 time pro bowler to a guy that couldn't win a big game in his college career. Kolb is no Arron Rodgers, No Bret Farve, hell i wouldn't even say the next Matt Schaub. We got a system QB that once teams get enough film on and figure out is going to do what Farve does alot, throw picks in bunches. (minus Farve's year last year )

Personally I hope Mcnabb does have an amazing end to his career in Washington, I love the eagles but ignorant fans like you are the same that booed him on draft day. It makes me mad how some fans treat him after all he has done for the team. He goes out with partially cracked ribs and played his heart off this season. And trust me I have been though cracked ribs and it takes months to heal to the point it doesn't hurt when you breath normally.

Its the same crap i hear oh he hasn't won the big one. Last time i checked there is 32 teams in the NFL odds are even in a QB's career they wont win the big one. We have gotten close and McNabb has made me proud to be a Eagles fan. He played the game the way it was meant to be played, had fun and did all he could to win. I am mad and I feel the Eagles are wasting away a great season to experiment. I am not going to sugar coat things with random twitter postings in an attempt to make myself feel better about a bad situation.

Thumper
04-05-2010, 02:49 AM
A.) I was 7 when McNabb was drafted so please don't categorize me like that.
B.) I appreciate McNabb but I am also smart enough to realize that his time as an Eagle was up and its time to move on to Kevin Kolb, you can't have him forever and the Eagles needed to get some sort of value for him.
C.) I like McNabb, I really do but I have high hopes for Kolb

and finally, the future in Philadelphia is bright, the core of the offense is all 25 and under and quite frankly the Eagles have the young talent now and the picks in the draft to compete for it all for the next coming decade as well. Have some hope.

You categorize me as a negative Eagles fan, but look in the mirror and you'll see that you live in Negadelphia just as much as I do, if not more. Have some faith that Andy Reid is right, just look at his history with QBs, he is very good with them. I trust that Andy knows that Kolb is ready and I trust the experts and the people around the NFL know what they're talking about when they praise Kolb.

igglefanz
04-05-2010, 03:22 AM
Ummm lets see here since when having a old QB a bad thing. Tom Brady is 32, Peyton Manning is 34, Brett Farve is 40, Drew Brees is 32. I don't see any the 3 with guarantee active QB's shopping them. Hell even look at Warner, they wanted him back this year too in Airzona, Since when is Mcnabb trash and we should move on? He was an alternative to the pro bowl this year! The Eagles had a team close to ready for a good push and they traded McNabb away. The Eagles got rid of Mcnabb for 2 reasons.

1. Kolb is a much cheaper alternative

2. SOME ((notice how i bolded that)) Eagles fans usually the most vocal were calling for his head.

I guarantee that If Reid had a true choice in the matter he would of kept Mcnabb but he knows that he can't because of the pressure on the FO and If he didn't start Kolb this year he would of lost him next year. One thing that I have found out about the Eagles FO as of last few years they don't care about players. And that will come back to haunt the Eagles in Free agency and resigning/signing of stars. Players will more likely sign for a team that shows a bit of loyalty to the players. The only free agents the Eagles will attract will be the ones that want the most. Not the ones that want the best.

Thumper
04-05-2010, 03:28 AM
If Andy Reid and the front office really wanted McNabb to still be an Eagle, he would still be an Eagle. Thats all I have to say, I need to get some sleep, I'll argue with you some more tomorrow, aren't you excited?

Bigp5437
04-05-2010, 06:34 AM
If Andy Reid and the front office really wanted McNabb to still be an Eagle, he would still be an Eagle. Thats all I have to say, I need to get some sleep, I'll argue with you some more tomorrow, aren't you excited?

Andy Reid DID want McNabb to stay, the front office DIDN'T...he was the only thing keeping them from getting rid of him earlier because he didn't want to give McNabb up..he is positive about Kolb from what I read, but he knew he'd still be able to rely on McNabb for another couple years, and pretty much seems like the FO wouldn't budge on giving him an extenstion...Reid might have more power than most coaches, but a majority of the time if the FO is so adamant about something like this they're gonna win out

frubulubu
04-05-2010, 08:26 AM

Lmao, this is hilarious!

camp_eagles
04-05-2010, 10:54 AM
I think the hidden player in the Browns-Eagles deal Friday might just be a factor in Philadelphia. His name is Alex Hall, a seventh-round pick from St. Augustine (N.C.) College in 2008 by then-Cleveland GM Phil Savage.

Savage believes Hall got short-shrift by the Mangini coaching staff, and when Savage got hired by the Eagles as a scout, he got his brain picked by the Eagles staff, and here comes Hall.

I recall writing about the Browns' offseason in 2008, detailing how Cleveland found this kid from a nowhere football school. Here's what I wrote in an offseason team diary three days before the 2008 draft:

This was crazy. Instead of huddling with his gathered scouts in Berea and massaging the draft board, Savage hopped a 10 a.m. flight to Baltimore, rented a car, drove 24 miles to Prince George's Community College, set up four orange cones on a chewed-up open field, and shook hands with one of the most marginal prospects in the 2008 draft: St. Augustine (N.C.) College outside linebacker Alex Hall.

The draft was three days away, and here was Savage, looking at a player he might take in the seventh round, or try to sign as a longshot free-agent. Why? Because Savage trusts his scouts, and one of his pups on the staff, 25-year-old scout Bobby Vega, told him this was the one second-day guy of the linebackers he scouted who could make an impact this year and eventually -- possibly -- be the bookend pass-rusher to Kamerion Wimbley the Browns needed.

Savage had watched some tape and seen production and good speed (26 sacks in three small-college seasons), but now, before committing a precious pick to Hall, needed to see him. Savage placed a football at the end of the line of cones and asked Hall to run in S-curves through the cones and back. Hall ran through the cones, and without being told scooped up the ball in full stride and ran back. The athleticism stunned Savage. He didn't need to see anything else. Vega was right. Hall had a chance to fill a Cleveland void, and he might last 'til the seventh round.

Under coach Romeo Crennel and defensive coordinator Mel Tucker, Hall had some modest success as a rookie -- three sacks -- but was a non-factor after the coaching change to Mangini. "He was productive a couple of years ago and didn't have much of an opportunity last year,'' said Philly GM Howie Roseman. Hall, at about 254 pounds, will be tried as a strongside linebacker for the Eagles, competing with Moise Fokou. Clearly, the Eagles have a need that Hall will have a chance to fill.

Thats from Peter King. But as far as I'm concerned this guy is still just like Gocong Small school Pass rusher thats big and physical, only he doesn't know the D

brat316
04-05-2010, 11:00 AM
And that he may be better suited to play in the 3-4.

igglefanz
04-05-2010, 02:10 PM

Wrong Wrong Wrong, Sal Paolantonio Said on this article http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=paolantonio_sal&id=5057099 and today on The Herd that Reid wanted to keep McNabb but the Eagles FO Howie Roseman and Joe Banner wanted to deal him. Please don't make stuff up to win an argument. Reid knows that McNabb>Kolb but he has to put on a good face and make do with what the FO did.

eaglesalltheway
04-05-2010, 02:14 PM
I gotta agree, I was getting blown up with calls and texts last night and I had to explain to people that the value, even in division, was a hell of a lot better than any of the other proposed trades, especially if it would end up being a thrid rounder next year. (Anyone know the parameters of what Donovan would do to make it a 4th or 3rd?)
If Kolb fails (I hope he dosent) and McNabb has another good year im blaming Thumper for it.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, Thump, you know you'll catch a lot of **** if he fails, but in all fairness, so will I since I think Kolb will be pretty good.

eaglesalltheway
04-05-2010, 02:20 PM
A.) I was 7 when McNabb was drafted so please don't categorize me like that.
B.) I appreciate McNabb but I am also smart enough to realize that his time as an Eagle was up and its time to move on to Kevin Kolb, you can't have him forever and the Eagles needed to get some sort of value for him.
C.) I like McNabb, I really do but I have high hopes for Kolb

and finally, the future in Philadelphia is bright, the core of the offense is all 25 and under and quite frankly the Eagles have the young talent now and the picks in the draft to compete for it all for the next coming decade as well. Have some hope.

You categorize me as a negative Eagles fan, but look in the mirror and you'll see that you live in Negadelphia just as much as I do, if not more. Have some faith that Andy Reid is right, just look at his history with QBs, he is very good with them. I trust that Andy knows that Kolb is ready and I trust the experts and the people around the NFL know what they're talking about when they praise Kolb.

Lets put it this way, I don't see the Eagles competing for a Superbowl next season, but with all the young talent on this team, the future is bright. I disagree with Thumper on A LOT of things, but with the young talent we have on both sides of the ball, the future is still promising. Maybe not the immediate future, but I think in 2 or 3 years, the Eagles will be a legitimate contender again. And depending on the moves they make in the future, a potential Superbowl contender.

bitonti
04-05-2010, 02:31 PM
what exactly was that air guitar BS before the dallas game?

http://i50.tinypic.com/1zmzi0w.jpg

mcNabb had done all he could do in Philly, they needed to move on.

superman8456
04-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Lets put it this way, I don't see the Eagles competing for a Superbowl next season, but with all the young talent on this team, the future is bright. I disagree with Thumper on A LOT of things, but with the young talent we have on both sides of the ball, the future is still promising. Maybe not the immediate future, but I think in 2 or 3 years, the Eagles will be a legitimate contender again. And depending on the moves they make in the future, a potential Superbowl contender.

Even with McNabb, we wouldn't be competing for a SB next season.

eaglesalltheway
04-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Even with McNabb, we wouldn't be competing for a SB next season.

With McNabb and Sheldon, I feel like we had a shot. Injuries really decimated the team, and the morale of the fans, this year. Now since we don't know what the draft picks are yet, we can't say for sure, but what we got for both McNabb and Sheldon may seriously help the chances of persuing a SB in about 4 or 5 years.

Sniper
04-05-2010, 04:47 PM
7-9, here we come!

superman8456
04-05-2010, 04:51 PM
* Home: Dallas (11-5), Giants (8-8), Washington (4-12), Green Bay (11-5), Minnesota (12-4), Atlanta (9-7), Houston (9-7), Indianapolis (14-2).

* Away: Dallas (11-5), Giants (8-8), Washington (4-12), Chicago (7-9), Detroit (2-14), San Francisco (8-8), Jacksonville (7-9), Tennessee (8-8).

I say we beat Jacksonville, Detroit, Houston, Chicago and Washington once.

5-11 is my conservative predicition

Todd Bertuzzi
04-05-2010, 04:54 PM
With McNabb now on the Skins there's a good chance we finish bottom of the division.

eaglesalltheway
04-05-2010, 05:08 PM
7-9, here we come!

* Home: Dallas (11-5), Giants (8-8), Washington (4-12), Green Bay (11-5), Minnesota (12-4), Atlanta (9-7), Houston (9-7), Indianapolis (14-2).

* Away: Dallas (11-5), Giants (8-8), Washington (4-12), Chicago (7-9), Detroit (2-14), San Francisco (8-8), Jacksonville (7-9), Tennessee (8-8).

I say we beat Jacksonville, Detroit, Houston, Chicago and Washington once.

5-11 is my conservative predicition

With McNabb now on the Skins there's a good chance we finish bottom of the division.

I think the Eagles will finish right around 6-10 or 7-9. And near the bottom of the division with the Skins this season. It will be close. People will say its all Kolb's fault and start to call for his head, but I honestly believe the dropoff will not be strictly Kolb's fault. I think the defense, without Sheldon, will struggle a bit this year as the young guys, whoever they may be, work their way into their roles. It will be a situation similar to what Green Bay had two years ago.

brat316
04-05-2010, 05:11 PM
I don't know if the Eagles can run the ball and let Kolb manage the game and the defense is there than they could finish 8-8 to 10-6. If Reid forces Kolb to air it out like 50 times a game well then 4-12 to 6-10 is where they will end up.

bigbluedefense
04-05-2010, 05:12 PM
call me crazy, but i can see up to 10 wins on that schedule.

its impossible predicting w/l records in the East. it almost always comes down to health.

the cowboys won the division and a playoff game this year bc they were healthy and the rest of the division wasn't.

you can't predict these things.

brat316
04-05-2010, 05:13 PM
Does Kolb have a Aaron Rodgers type of of season throwing for close to 4000 yards, and finish at 6-10.

mellojello
04-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Does Kolb have a Aaron Rodgers type of of season throwing for close to 4000 yards, and finish at 6-10.I love all the Aaron Rogers vs. Kolb comparisons, when the only thing they have in common is that they were backups to great QB's.

eaglesalltheway
04-05-2010, 06:32 PM
I don't know if the Eagles can run the ball and let Kolb manage the game and the defense is there than they could finish 8-8 to 10-6. If Reid forces Kolb to air it out like 50 times a game well then 4-12 to 6-10 is where they will end up.

That is one thing that I'm anticipating for this upcoming season, how much AR changes up his playcalling philosophy. We saw in the two games Kolb started they ran the ball a bit more. I think to get to 10 wins, the defense needs to step it up, and the Eagles need to show a devotion to the run game like they haven't showed in the last 10 years.

eaglesalltheway
04-05-2010, 06:33 PM
call me crazy, but i can see up to 10 wins on that schedule.

its impossible predicting w/l records in the East. it almost always comes down to health.

the cowboys won the division and a playoff game this year bc they were healthy and the rest of the division wasn't.

you can't predict these things.

You're just an in the closet Eagles lover, aren't you, BBD? lol

I can see it if the team does some of the things I have brought up, they need to run the ball more, and more consistently to take pressure off Kolb and the defense. If they do that, it'll help both the defense and Kolb and could work out real well and result in more wins.

Morton
04-05-2010, 07:11 PM
When Jeff Garcia stepped in for McNabb in 2006, Andy had to modify his gameplans to compensate for Garcia's noodle arm, and he ran the ball alot more than he ever did with McNabb. Since Kolb has a similarly weak arm, I expect the exact same thing to happen in 2010.

This would also explain the signing of Mike Bell, and would anticipate the selection of yet another back in the mid rounds of this draft, which would leave the Eagles with a three-back rotation + Weaver.

eaglesalltheway
04-05-2010, 07:16 PM
When Jeff Garcia stepped in for McNabb in 2006, Andy had to modify his gameplans to compensate for Garcia's noodle arm, and he ran the ball alot more than he ever did with McNabb. Since Kolb has a similarly weak arm, I expect the exact same thing to happen in 2010.

This would also explain the signing of Mike Bell, and would anticipate the selection of yet another back in the mid rounds of this draft, which would leave the Eagles with a three-back rotation + Weaver.

We already have Eldra Buckley as well as Shady and Bell, plus Weaver, which is why I am less certain about the Eagles drafting a RB.

Also, Kolb arm is much less noodle-y.

frubulubu
04-05-2010, 10:42 PM
With McNabb and Sheldon, I feel like we had a shot. Injuries really decimated the team, and the morale of the fans, this year. Now since we don't know what the draft picks are yet, we can't say for sure, but what we got for both McNabb and Sheldon may seriously help the chances of persuing a SB in about 4 or 5 years.

4-5 years, thats not far away is it? Reid wont be around. Heck im not getting any younger, and have been a passionate fan for 20 years.

superman8456
04-05-2010, 10:46 PM
4-5 years, thats not far away is it? Reid wont be around. Heck im not getting any younger, and have been a passionate fan for 20 years.

Just keep reminding yourself that it took Cowher 14 years to win his superbowl.

frubulubu
04-05-2010, 11:02 PM
Just keep reminding yourself that it took Cowher 14 years to win his superbowl.

So Reid is thre years away from achieving his, then?

Thumper
04-05-2010, 11:39 PM
So Reid is thre years away from achieving his, then?

If Kolb turns out to be how good I think he can be and 2 or 3 of those draft picks are hits, this Eagles team may well have multiple Lombardis by the end of the decade, the move was genius. There are a lot of unknown variables, but if Kolb pans out with the talent of this offense, they could be great and with those picks, they can get more young talent for the defense. I'm telling you that if this trade works out, the future is BRIGHT in Philadelphia, they could be the Patriots of this decade (in terms of success in the postseason). Its a big if, but it is exciting.

cunningham06
04-05-2010, 11:43 PM
We have about 5 holes (C, DE, SLB, S, CB) that need filling on our team to where we will truly be elite, but we've got the picks to do it.

frubulubu
04-06-2010, 12:27 AM
We have about 5 holes (C, DE, SLB, S, CB) that need filling on our team to where we will truly be elite, but we've got the picks to do it.

Cunningham, you know your my boy and perhaps are my favorite on the PEB, but I have to say that DE, is not a pressing matter. The rest are, and we need help to be able to compete in the East. I wonder, if we stand pat, and draft with our first five picks somewhere along those lines? Most likely we trade up in the first.

cunningham06
04-06-2010, 01:30 AM
Maybe I view it as a more pressing point than most, but I just don't think that Tapp is more than a band aid on the real problem. Last year we did get a lot of sacks, but our pass rush wasn't as consistent as we needed, as evidenced by our last two games against the Cowboys. I think Tapp will be solid, especially against the run, but if we had another elite pass rushing DE who isn't a situational guy, our defense would be much better.

Look at the Giants the year they won the Superbowl. Their defense was unstoppable and a main reason for that was they had Michael Strahan AND Justin Tuck coming off the edge. Especially in our defense where we often rely on solely the front four to rush the passer, I think a good pass rushing (while not a liability against the run) DE to start across from Trent Cole is something we need.

Even if you believe Tapp is the future at the spot, we desperately need depth at the position. With Chris Clemons, Jason Babin, and Darren Howard's departures, we need more guys at the position. Thus I think it will certainly be addressed in this year's draft (most likely in the mid rounds).

I think a trade up is likely given our circumstance. I did a mock draft with a buddy of mine, and if works out the way we figured and we don't trade up, we're ******. In that situation Earl Thomas, Sergio Kindle, Iupati, Pouncey, Brandon Graham, and Kyle Wilson were all gone. We will definitely jump the Packers IMO if we want Kyle Wilson because they'd take him in a heartbeat.

eaglesalltheway
04-06-2010, 09:20 AM

It could be even sooner, honestly, I was including this season in that 4-5, so it'd be like 3-4 years, and the window would be at least 4 or 5 years, maybe as much as 6 or 7.

eaglesalltheway
04-06-2010, 09:22 AM
Cunningham, you know your my boy and perhaps are my favorite on the PEB, but I have to say that DE, is not a pressing matter. The rest are, and we need help to be able to compete in the East. I wonder, if we stand pat, and draft with our first five picks somewhere along those lines? Most likely we trade up in the first.

I have to agree, Tapp was an underrated DE, and he will provide the run stopping ability we want at LE, with a boost as a pass rusher that we have had out of the starters at the position. He isn't an elite pass rusher by any means, but is an upgrade as a pass rusher over anyone we had starting there the last few seasons.

igglefanz
04-06-2010, 11:04 AM

Really with the draft picks we have ideally we may only address 2 of those spots with good everyday starters. The CB spot i am really not sold on as of getting a quality starter there is No Great press corners which the Eagles need most are Asante clones or too slow to make it in the NFL. Joe Haden is good would like to see the Eagles trade up for him or wait second round for K Jackson.

The center spot really drops off after Maurkice pouncy as of talent. Almost have to take him if you are going to address that position in the draft as of a starter. Could leave Cole at center and get a good OG There might be a steal or 2 at that spot in the 3-4th round but its risky.

Now my crush as of this draft is DE Hardy who we could get late third or 4th. High risk but has the size and ability. This draft is deep in DE and from the first round to the 5th there is good talent throughout.

As of Safety there is alot of good ones later in draft too. Like Berry but not sure worth risking alot to get him. lots of value third though 5th round.

I also think RB is a must a good short yardage guy. Bell is a short term fix and I think Blountte or Gerheart could be picked up for a pretty low pick.

eaglesalltheway
04-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Really with the draft picks we have ideally we may only address 2 of those spots with good everyday starters. The CB spot i am really not sold on as of getting a quality starter there is No Great press corners which the Eagles need most are Asante clones or too slow to make it in the NFL. Joe Haden is good would like to see the Eagles trade up for him or wait second round for K Jackson.

The center spot really drops off after Maurkice pouncy as of talent. Almost have to take him if you are going to address that position in the draft as of a starter. Could leave Cole at center and get a good OG There might be a steal or 2 at that spot in the 3-4th round but its risky.

Now my crush as of this draft is DE Hardy who we could get late third or 4th. High risk but has the size and ability. This draft is deep in DE and from the first round to the 5th there is good talent throughout.

As of Safety there is alot of good ones later in draft too. Like Berry but not sure worth risking alot to get him. lots of value third though 5th round.

I also think RB is a must a good short yardage guy. Bell is a short term fix and I think Blountte or Gerheart could be picked up for a pretty low pick.

With the draft picks the Eagles have (I think its 4 in the first 70 and 6 in the first 105 or something like that) they should be able to address at least 3, hopefully 4 or more, of those positions. I think in order to get an immediate starter at CB the Eagles will have to use a first or second rounder on one, and there are some quality CBs abailable all the way up until 70 who could do that. If the Eagles trade up for a CB, I doubt its Haden, unless he falls considerably, its more likely to be Wilson, which is one of the possible trade-ups I believe is possible.

I agree, after Pouncey, there is a significant dropoff, but that is also due in part to him being an elite Center prospect. After him, I wouldn't draft a center until the late third at the earliest, but luckily we have versatility in our OL, and with that we can get a Guard relatively early, I think there are a couple Guard prospects potentially available that could contribute right away throughout the draft, but some really good ones in the first 4 rounds.

I like Hardy enough to say he is definitely worth that late third/early fourth (I picked him there in my mock, so obviously I think it'd be a possible idea that could pay off) With the Eagles trading for Tapp, I think DE is less of a need, and they can afford to wait until the third round or later to draft a DE.

In terms of Safety, I highly doubt the Eagles trade up all the way to get Berry, though I would be very happy if they did. Earl Thomas would be very nice as well, but I believe the Eagles will have to trade up into the similar range as they would for Kyle Wilson (16-18). If they choose to wait a bit on Safety, there are some very good options available in the end of the second and all the way to the fourth round.

I am one of the few people who doesn't see RB as a definite need right now. I can see it being drafted because after Shady, no one is locked up long term, but the Eagles may feel they can get the job done with Shady, Bell, and Buckley. With Kolb stepping in as the starter though, the Eagles may be valuing the RB spot a bit more to take pressure off of him, so it is a definite possibility from the third round on.

igglefanz
04-06-2010, 11:59 AM
Shady hasn't touched the ball more then 30 times in a game. I think he is a great talent but the Eagles need to have that second person to fill in and be great supporting him. If we run him into the ground with 30 plus a game how is he going to hold up who knows and really name one team anymore that uses just one big name back? Look at NY and look at Dallas.

Mike Bell is horribly inconsistent, disappeared for 2 years and really I am not big on. Eldra has proved less in his time in the NFL that Kolb has ( 16 carries for 44 yards and no catches) so we dont know what we have and really I don't see why you don't get a person that can push for the number 2 spot and give the Eagles a possible bruising back that can wear down a defense and soften them up for a QB that is learning. I really want the Eagles to have Shady healthy and for a long time and getting a good back mid rounds that can slow a game down and grind out yards isnt a bad thing.

bigbluedefense
04-06-2010, 12:59 PM
You're just an in the closet Eagles lover, aren't you, BBD? lol

I can see it if the team does some of the things I have brought up, they need to run the ball more, and more consistently to take pressure off Kolb and the defense. If they do that, it'll help both the defense and Kolb and could work out real well and result in more wins.

I just never go into a season expecting the Eagles to be a bad team. I can't remember the last time the Eagles were a bad team.

The only times they were bad were when they were destroyed by injuries.

This team is still talented, one of the most talented teams in the league, and they have tons of ammo in the best draft in years. So is it possible to have a great season? Absolutely.

It can go either way. Kolb doesn't need to be great for the Eagles to go 8-8 or better. The rest of the team come September will be talented enough for them to win without Kolb being great.

It really all comes down to health. The healthiest team always wins the East. The division is too competitive to predict.

eaglesalltheway
04-06-2010, 01:01 PM
Shady hasn't touched the ball more then 30 times in a game. I think he is a great talent but the Eagles need to have that second person to fill in and be great supporting him. If we run him into the ground with 30 plus a game how is he going to hold up who knows and really name one team anymore that uses just one big name back? Look at NY and look at Dallas.

Mike Bell is horribly inconsistent, disappeared for 2 years and really I am not big on. Eldra has proved less in his time in the NFL that Kolb has ( 16 carries for 44 yards and no catches) so we dont know what we have and really I don't see why you don't get a person that can push for the number 2 spot and give the Eagles a possible bruising back that can wear down a defense and soften them up for a QB that is learning. I really want the Eagles to have Shady healthy and for a long time and getting a good back mid rounds that can slow a game down and grind out yards isnt a bad thing.

The more I think about the RB situation, the more I see the need. I agree Bell is inconsistent, and Buckley is relatively unproven. In terms of splitting carries up, I think between Shady, Bell, and Buckley, you could get it done. But luckily for us Weaver is an excellent running option as well, and I'm hoping he will get about 10 touches or more per game, which will help decrease the workload on Shady and the other RBs. But I do see the need for RB, I really do. My thing is, we have a starting RB and two other solid options running the ball. We need to address CB, which is without a starter, FS, which could use an upgrade, C or RG, which could also use upgrades for the starter, our LB corp, which has two positions that could be upgraded at starter, and DE, which, IMO, doesn't need a starter, but another contributor. RB is a need, but as I see it, there are much more pressing needs right now than RB.

eaglesalltheway
04-06-2010, 01:05 PM
I just never go into a season expecting the Eagles to be a bad team. I can't remember the last time the Eagles were a bad team.

The only times they were bad were when they were destroyed by injuries.

This team is still talented, one of the most talented teams in the league, and they have tons of ammo in the best draft in years. So is it possible to have a great season? Absolutely.

It can go either way. Kolb doesn't need to be great for the Eagles to go 8-8 or better. The rest of the team come September will be talented enough for them to win without Kolb being great.

It really all comes down to health. The healthiest team always wins the East. The division is too competitive to predict.

I know where you're coming from, it seems I've been that way with the Giants for a while, and the Cowboys the last few years. I can see the Eagles going as poorly as 5-11, or as good as 10-6. It depends on this upcoming draft, how our young players have progressed, getting a rythm early in the season, and health (as you mentioned). Both in terms of getting our injured players back and staying healthy throughout the season.

bigbluedefense
04-06-2010, 01:21 PM
I know where you're coming from, it seems I've been that way with the Giants for a while, and the Cowboys the last few years. I can see the Eagles going as poorly as 5-11, or as good as 10-6. It depends on this upcoming draft, how our young players have progressed, getting a rythm early in the season, and health (as you mentioned). Both in terms of getting our injured players back and staying healthy throughout the season.

If you can nab a quality End opposite of Cole, a FS, a CB, a young C, and if Bradley comes back healthy, I don't see how this team, even with average qb play cant win 7 games if they stay healthy.

It's too talented not to.

Lets say this is how your draft shapes up:

1. Pouncey
2. Everson Griffin
2. Nate Allen

with the 1st 3 picks...that's a good start. Then you'd just need a CB in the following year's draft, and you'd have no holes.

I really hope you guys don't land Daryl Washington. He's going to be there for the taking too, but I don't think Reid pulls the trigger. He doesn't value LBs high enough to do so.

eaglesalltheway
04-06-2010, 01:40 PM
If you can nab a quality End opposite of Cole, a FS, a CB, a young C, and if Bradley comes back healthy, I don't see how this team, even with average qb play cant win 7 games if they stay healthy.

It's too talented not to.

Lets say this is how your draft shapes up:

1. Pouncey
2. Everson Griffin
2. Nate Allen

with the 1st 3 picks...that's a good start. Then you'd just need a CB in the following year's draft, and you'd have no holes.

I really hope you guys don't land Daryl Washington. He's going to be there for the taking too, but I don't think Reid pulls the trigger. He doesn't value LBs high enough to do so.

Check out my mock in the draft thread, I would like your opinion of it. (I'll bring it over here then). But If the Eagles stay put, I could see Pouncey as our first pick. But I think the Eagles are in prime position to move up and not wait and see who falls through the cracks. I think they may move up for a guy like Wilson or Thomas, and I have a few minor differences between your first three and mine, mainly, DE not being as big of a need. But I could definitely live with those first three picks you have. CB is more pressing a need than you have on here, and its a position the Eagles value as high as any.

eaglesalltheway
04-06-2010, 01:43 PM
Well, here is how I see the Eagles needs as of this moment, heading into the draft. Mine will most likely be a little different because of how I view the FA/trade acquisitions, but here it goes...

1. CB-With Sheldon gone, and no CB added through trade to replace him, this went from being my 3rd biggest need to the biggest need the Eagles have, and it isn't even close, if you ask me. Expect CB to be addressed early, round one or two. It is a position of need at a postion the Eagles value highly. The Eagles may draft two CBs, with another being added in the 5th round or so
2. FS-Maybe I'm a little gunshy about FA additions with knee injuries, but I am just not sold on Marlin Jackson at FS, and though I feel Harris is decent enough, we know a great FS really helps this defense a lot. If the team feels as I do, FS will be addressed round 1 or 2, otherwise, they may not draft one at all with the logjam at the position.
3. OL-Particularly the right side of the line (C or RG) Especially with Kolb assuming the QB role, we want to protect him and help establish a run game. Honestly, I could have this ahead of FS, that's how close this is, so if you think it should be higher, pretend I see this as 2a. I think this will be addressed relatively early, and could be addressed as early as the first round, but is more likely to be addressed in the second or third. (Depends on the drafting situation)
4. LB-If it wasn't for Bradley coming back, this would be my #1 need, but with Bradley back, and Akeem Jordan still an Eagle, it is less of a need. Notice I didn't specify which LB position, because with the flexibility of our LB corp, it gives the Eagles options for drafting amongst the LBs. I'd prefer to keep Bradley manning the middle, but if the team woud feel more comfortable sliding him to SLB, it does open up some possibilities. Expect at least two LBs to be drafted as a potential starter is needed, as well as a backup. Its hard to say where this will be addressed due to the Eagles track record, but this may be the year they use a pick on a LB in the first two rounds, or they may let it go until the mid rounds.
5. DE- Before bringing in Tapp, I saw this as our second biggest need, but I like Tapp and I think he brings a lot to the DE rotation. The Eagles don't necessarily NEED a starter here, but more of a pass rusher to contribute to the rotation. This is another position that may have two draft picks at, most likely from the third on after, IMO.
6. SS-Mikell is a good SS, but he isn't that young, and a backup is needed. If Mikell would be injured, our defense would be even more **** outta luck than they are now, and a competent replacement would help. Expect this to be addressed in the fourth round or later.
7a. T-More for depth behind our starters, our current backups could use upgrading at these positions. Expect a 5th round pick or later used on a Tackle prospect.
7b. QB-With McNabb gone, the Eagles don't have a true backup QB. I know we have Vick, but he's only locked up for this season and the Eagles will need some sort of insurance if Kolb doesn't pan out. I'd expect a QB to be drafted round 4 or later.
9. RB-With Shady, Bell, and Buckley, an upgrade isn't necessarily needed, but I could see the Eagles drafting a RB in certain situations. RB could be the pick as early as round 3, IMO, but is possible at any point after that.
10. TE-Celek is the starter, we are set at starter as long as he is healthy. Ingram is a potential beast, I am telling you that right now from what I saw before his knee re-injury in TC. If he is healthy, he is a dynamic weapon. But we need a more in-line type TE, or at least an insurance policy if Ingram can't come back. I could see a TE drafted 5th round or later.
11. DT-Our starters are set, and we have some quality depth behind them, but another body to add competition to the rotation wouldn't hurt. I could see the Eagles drafting as early as the 4th round on a DT, though that'd only be the case if they feel Laws is a bust (I don't think so). It'd be much more likley to see a late round pick or UDFA addition. It is also possible the team feels as though they are fine with Bunk, Patterson, Laws, and Dixon, which is a young talented group of DTs. If they do draft a DT, don't expect more than 1 DE to be drafted though.
12. P-We all say it, Sav could be upgraded and captain Zoltan should take over and destroy all special teams, but P is a need and could be addressed in the later rounds. Yes, even if it isn't Zoltan Mesko...
13. WR- We have our top 3 WRs set in stone, and with Baskett back, a solid fourth option there. A fifth WR may be needed, and even though I think WR is more likey to be drafted than a few of the psitions ahead of it, I don't see it as a bigger need per se. I definitely expect a WR to be drafted, but only in the later rounds.
14. K-I don't expect the Eagles to draft a kicker, but they will probably bring in more competition as a UDFA for Akers, who had a solid season last year.

I'm going to do a quick mock in a little based off of this, so if you have questions about my logic you can refer to this, if it isn't answered here or in the mock, ask and I'll be sure to oblige.

Well, here is my mock. I included two trades, one of which has the Eagles moving up in the first round (trading #24 and 87 to Pitt for #18), and the other has the Eagles moving down in the mid-later rounds and getting another pick (trading #137 to Bal for #144 and 202). I'm sure there will be more than two trades for the Eagles, but I have no idea exactly, so I went with two scenarios that I found most likely. For the trade up in the first, I'm not saying it is definitely going to happen, but with the trades, and the picks the Eagles now have, it is a lot more likely they trade up than before. Another of the more likely scenarios for trades is I could see the Eagles trading one of next year's thrid rounder for a fourth rounder in this year's draft, but I'm not going to screw with that. Anyway, here is my full mock, as it stands right now...

Round 1
#18 (via trade with Pitt): CB Kyle Wilson, Boise State.
Up until recently, I haven't known much about him, just that a lot of people like him. But I did some research, watched his youtube stuff, as well as looking up info on Boise State's page, and am really, really beginning to like him a lot. The more I find out, the more I like. He is a CB that fits our defense well, with the size that we look for (5'10 and 195ish). He is known for his playmaking ability, but also does a great job supporting the run. He is also a natural leader, according to Scott, and many other scouts, which is only an added bonus. There are worries about him being a bit overaggressive, and with time, he should "relax" and it shouldn't be as much of a problem. As I've come to learn more about him, I realize why just about everyone is high on him.

I believe Earl Thomas will go shortly ahead of pick 18, otherwise, he would get SERIOUS consideration here. Other guys potentiallyavailable at this pick the Eagles may be targetting are Mike Iupati and Sean Witherspoon. Iupati could be the pick as well since the Eagles value OL just as much as CB, but I think with the bigger needs being in the secondary, the Eagles go with CB. Weatherspoon is a possibility, but history shows LBs are valued low (as you all know) and I'm not going to be the one who says they break away from their track record, despite the man-crush I have on Weatherspoon.

Round 2
#37 (via Washington): Vladmir Ducasse, OL, UMass.
We all know how much the Eagles value O-linemenm, especially versatile ones. Ducasse is just that. He is big, nasty, and versatile. The Eagles have a track record of drafting smaller school O-linemen, and with how Ducasse can fit in 4 positions on our offense, he would be extremely valuable. I would see Ducasse coming in initially as our RG, and if Justice would fall off at RT, Ducasse could man that spot as well. Ducasse is a guy I have liked for a while, he would be a great fit. He has the temprament (sp?), strength, athletecism, and size that would fit in perfect for our O-line. What I really like is his ability to pull, and with how our offense uses our Guards to pull, he would be a great fit at RG for us. My only worry is that he may be gone by this pick.

Other players that got consideration were Taylor Mays (probably not available anyway), Everson Griffen, and Devin McCourtey. I personally think Mays would be a good fit for our defense, and offers versatility of position among the safety slots. Griffen would be a good fit at LE for us, but even with how the Eagles value DL, I don't think, with the addition of Tapp, that they see DE as this big of a need yet. McCourtey would be great value here, but I doubt he'd be available, and with picking Wilson, another CB isn't needed this early in the draft, unless Asante would be getting shipped out soon, which I doubt.

#55: Navorro Bowman, WLB, PSU.
I've watched him play for the last few years at PSU and have been impressed with him. He makes plays in all areas of the field. He does well in coverage, handles the inside run well, and what I like most of all, maintains outside leverage in perimeter run plays. He isn't the best blitzer, but he navigates through traffic well, and can shed blocks at times, though it is something he will need to improve on. Off field issues make him fall a bit, and if he can fix those in Philly, we have a very good WLB for a long time. I am not crazy enough to go out on a limb and say the Eagles will draft a LB in the first, but I'm just crazy enough to say they'll do it in the second...

Other players I considered were Morgan Burnett, Jerome Murphy, Perrish Cox, and Jonathan Dwyer. I feel Burnett will be avialble at the beginning of the third round, and Bowman offers more value at the pick, at arguably, a bigger position of need. Though I entertained the idea of drafting another CB in round three in Murphy or Cox, I feel the need at LB is more than that of another CB, even though CB is historically valued more. With Wilson added to the CBs, you have, once again a solid group of CBs, and I feel the Eagles could afford to wait a little longer on drafting a CB. There are rumors about Dwyer being scouted heavily by the Eagles, and I understand it, he and Shady would compliment eachother very nicely. I just don't think the Eagles, who have a history of waiting on RBs, will draft a RB in the second round two years in a row, especially with the other needs around them and the RB situation being pretty well off. It is very possible though because (I think) both Bell and Buckley have only one year left on their contracts.

Round 3
#70: Morgan Burnett, S, GT.
I like Burnett a lot and think whoever gets him in this range is going to get a very good player. He is another versatile player could play either Safety spot in our system and would immeiately upgrade FS, or, if the Eagles feel comfortable at FS (I personally don't), they can have him as a backup SS to Mikell. I personally would rather have him at FS because he can make plays in both aspects of the game, but has a knack for coverage and coverage angles, while still being physical enough in the run game.

Toby Gerhart, Perrish Cox, and Brandon Ghee were also considered here, but as I've said in other picks, I don't think RB is enough of a need yet, maybe at all, and with drafting Wilson, CB can afford to be pushed back a bit with what we have there. This is the last of the "pther players I've considered" because once you reach round 4, its a crapshoot to see who is available...

#87 traded to Pitt in trade to draft Wilson.

Round 4
#105:Greg Hardy, DE, Ole Miss.
Hardy has fallen since last year due to injury issues and questions about his drive and dedication. Falling to the fourth round may be enough to get his ass in gear and try to earn his living. He has everything you want in DE for us... size, athletecism, ability in both phases of his game, but he lacks that will to compete. Coming into the situation we have at DE would help him greatly, there are plenty of players to compete with, and because of the rotation, it will minimize the possibility of getting injured, as well as helping him with what some call endurance issues. If he is available, he would be a great pick, and a potential steal if he can get his work ethic straightened out.

#121:A.J. Jefferson, CB, Fresno State.
Another CB with the size the Eagles look for in their CBs, with a balanced game. He may not be a playmaker, but he is a playbreaker. He is good at getting in the way of the ball and is a willing run supporter. Though he may have limitted upside, he will at least be a solid contributor as a #4 or 5 CB and special teamer.

Round 5
#137 traded to Bal for #144 and 202...

#144:Zac Robinson, QB, OK State.
With McNabb gone, and Kolb stepping in with no QB on our roster signed past the end of this upcoming season, drafting a QB is a certainty, not only because of the contracts expiring, but also as a security measure if, for whatever reason, Kolb wouldn't work out. Robinson has benefitted from some weapons at his disposal, but has good accuracy and arm strength. He would be another project to an extent, but there are a lot of tools to work with and he would be a great pick here.

Round 6
#200: Darian Stewart, SS, S.C.
Stewart is a stocky Safety who is great in run support and has the ability to break up passes. He would serve as a good backup to Mikell as well as a special teamer. He hits hard and is a good tackler who is a great in the box type of Safety. Due to his lack of range I doubt he would ever be more than a backup and special teamer, however.

#202:Kerry Meier, WR, Kansas.
I know there are a lot of you guys saying, "wrong Kansas WR", lol, but I personally feel the Eagles, though they do need one WR, will be able to afford to wait until later in the draft with the solid 4 they have already, as well as Jordan Norwood, who I have always had a lot of faith in. But Meier is a tall guy with long arms who would add another red zone target for the Eagles, and would be an excellent #5 receiver.

Round 7
#243(comp):Cole Pemberton, OT, Col. State.
The typical small school O-line prospect the Eagles like to bring in for competition. He could very well go undrafted, but he has the size (6'7+ and ~315 lbs) the Eagles like. He isn't "nasty" but plays tough, and could back up RT, or at least provide competition for backup RT

#244(comp): Doug Worthington, DT, Ohio State.
Sniper, your probably upset I had to put an Ohio State player in here, so just imagine its another late round DT that fits well, lol. Worthington has more height than most of our DTs, but has longer arms and plays the run very well. He would be a solid contributor to the DT rotation, and with some teaching, could develope his pass rush abilities as well.

There is is, love it or hate it, there you go. I'm pretty happy with it. I tried to make it realistic based on value of prospect, value to the team, need, fit, and a few other factors, but if the Eagles draft turned out like this, I'd be pretty happy with it.
Much like you, I question how early the Eagles will pick a LB, but I feel this is the year they may break from that trend. They did it last year with RB and got Shady when historically they haven't spent more than a third round pick on a RB, and I think the second round is a good range where they may be willing to spend a higher pick than they usually do (also, the Eagles haven't spent higher than a 3rd rounder on a LB in a while)

LonghornsLegend
04-06-2010, 02:22 PM
Kyle Wilson would be a great pick for you guys, he's definately worth a 1st rounder and should be a stud. Earl Thomas would make me jealous if he went to Philly because I'd still root for him, so maybe I am just rooting for you guys to get another good player.

I think Everson Griffen, Kyle Wilson, or Earl Thomas would all be awesome picks for you guys in the 1st. I'm guessing Pouncey will be gone but if not he'd be a very nice pick up.

superman8456
04-06-2010, 02:49 PM
I believe the Eagles need to address LB fairly early. We've been trying to address that position with middle-late round guys and look where that has gotten us.

I understand we're getting two guys back from the IR, but its one of those positions where the players can find other ways to contribute. We rotate our LBs a lot and they are usually the backbone of the special teams.

eaglesalltheway
04-06-2010, 02:54 PM
I believe the Eagles need to address LB fairly early. We've been trying to address that position with middle-late round guys and look where that has gotten us.

I understand we're getting two guys back from the IR, but its one of those positions where the players can find other ways to contribute. We rotate our LBs a lot and they are usually the backbone of the special teams.

We all feel LB needs to be addressed early, much like RB last year. The Eagles showed they will break from their trends if they have the need/value. I think the Eagles may draft a LB in round 2 like they did with RB last year.

camp_eagles
04-06-2010, 05:33 PM
the McNabb conditional pick becomes a 3rd rounder if one or both of the following happens:

1. McNabb goes to the Pro Bowl

2. McNabb plays 70 percent of the snaps in Washington and the Redskins win at least nine games.

LonghornsLegend
04-06-2010, 05:45 PM
the McNabb conditional pick becomes a 2nd rounder if one or both of the following happens:

1. McNabb goes to the Pro Bowl

2. McNabb plays 70 percent of the snaps in Washington and the Redskins win at least nine games.

You sure it's not a 3rd rounder?

camp_eagles
04-06-2010, 05:51 PM
You sure it's not a 3rd rounder?

you're right

Todd Bertuzzi
04-06-2010, 05:51 PM
McCourty would be a better fit than Wilson opposite Asante.

superman8456
04-06-2010, 06:36 PM

I think we're going to get multiple CB's in this draft. Probably two. I'm thinking Wilson in the 1st and then a guy like Brandon Ghee, someone who can match up with bigger guys, in the 3rdish

Its a passing league and we're starting to see more and more 3, 4, 5 WR sets. We have to have DB's to match up with that.

frubulubu
04-06-2010, 09:32 PM

Wilson somewhat looks to be in the mold of Sheldon Brown, imo. Everyone loves Wilson, and its easy to see why. One of the guys that was listed on a mock, by eatw, was Jefferson from FSU. Not a guy that will gather picks, in fact I believe he did not have any his entire career, but will not get beat and bats many balls.

Sniper
04-06-2010, 09:34 PM
Wilson somewhat looks to be in the mold of Sheldon Brown, imo. Everyone loves Wilson, and its easy to see why. One of the guys that was listed on a mock, by eatw, was Jefferson from FSU. Not a guy that will gather picks, in fact I believe he did not have any his entire career, but will not get beat and bats many balls.

Robinson, not Jefferson.

frubulubu
04-06-2010, 09:46 PM
Robinson, not Jefferson.

Patrick Robinson played for Florida State University.

A.J. Jefferson played for Fresno State University.

Both are FSU, lol. I could envision both playing for us, but Robinson has more upside.

eaglesalltheway
04-06-2010, 11:03 PM

Wilson isn't the hitter Sheldon is, he isn't as physical as Sheldon, and isn't as much of a pick machine as Asante. He is right about in the middle of the CB range from Sheldon to Asante, in terms of playing traits and skillset.

eaglesalltheway
04-06-2010, 11:06 PM
Patrick Robinson played for Florida State University.

A.J. Jefferson played for Fresno State University.

Both are FSU, lol. I could envision both playing for us, but Robinson has more upside.

That may have been extremely confusing, sorry guys, lol.

No way Robinson lasts that long, lol, but I don't see the Eagles drafting two CBs that early, as there are other pressing needs than backup CBs. If I had to pick between the two, of course I'd rather have Robinson, but with how I see it panning out, I don't think the Eagles will go CB with both of their first two picks, and Jefferson is a CB who I think could eventually develop into a Nickel. He plays physical and would be a nice addition in the mid rounds.

superman8456
04-06-2010, 11:09 PM
Every single year I hope we trade out of the 1st to pick up another 1st round pick for the next year. I said that we should trade out of the 1st to get another 1st rounder in hopes we could package those two together for Eric Berry.

This year, I hope we trade out of the 1st, to pick up a 1st for next year to be in the Julio Jones/AJ Green/Jonathan Baldwin/Patrick Peterson sweepstakes.

I say move up for Eric Berry/Maurkice Pouncey or dont move up at all.

eaglesalltheway
04-06-2010, 11:16 PM
Every single year I hope we trade out of the 1st to pick up another 1st round pick for the next year. I said that we should trade out of the 1st to get another 1st rounder in hopes we could package those two together for Eric Berry.

This year, I hope we trade out of the 1st, to pick up a 1st for next year to be in the Julio Jones/AJ Green/Jonathan Baldwin/Patrick Peterson sweepstakes.

I say move up for Eric Berry/Maurkice Pouncey or dont move up at all.

Why would you want another WR??? Makes no sense at all unless you plan on moving DeSean or Maclin. The overall talent in this draft is much higher than next years looks to be, and even getting an additional first rounder next year doesn't guarantee you'll be able to get into position where you want to. I'd rather trade back a few picks and gather more picks in this draft than trade a first this year for a first next year. The Eagles would probably end up losing value if they traded for a first next year.

superman8456
04-06-2010, 11:49 PM
Why would you want another WR??? Makes no sense at all unless you plan on moving DeSean or Maclin. The overall talent in this draft is much higher than next years looks to be, and even getting an additional first rounder next year doesn't guarantee you'll be able to get into position where you want to. I'd rather trade back a few picks and gather more picks in this draft than trade a first this year for a first next year. The Eagles would probably end up losing value if they traded for a first next year.

I think we need a 4th WR. Granted, you dont draft AJ Green, Julio Jones, or Jonathan Baldwin to be your #4 WR, but I can dream.

I was mainly talking about Patrick Peterson, the best CB prospect to come along in quite some time.

eaglesalltheway
04-07-2010, 12:01 AM
I think we need a 4th WR. Granted, you dont draft AJ Green, Julio Jones, or Jonathan Baldwin to be your #4 WR, but I can dream.

I was mainly talking about Patrick Peterson, the best CB prospect to come along in quite some time.

If the Eagles would only draft one CB this year, you know they are targetting a CB early this time next year. Maybe he will be available.

Thumper
04-07-2010, 12:25 AM
I hope the Eagles get more physical corners, personally I want some combination of Kareem Jackson, Patrick Robinson, Jerome Murphy and Kevin Thomas. The Eagles have their playmaker at corner in Asante, now they need someone who can jam someone at the line and knock receivers off their routes.

Jackson is extremely physical and gets a good pop at the line, the coaches are going to have to tone him down though because he is going to be called for a lot of pass interference. Robinson isn't physical in the sense of being willing to support the run, but the guy is tailor made to press, he has long arms and strong hands which really gets receivers off their routes and he has the ability to turn and run as well, I wouldn't be terribly happy with getting him since he gets beat a little too much for my tastes but maybe that was just poor safety play at FSU. I've seen Murphy knock receivers on their butts, he is a great press corner already and he is the best tackling corner in this draft. Kevin Thomas reminds me of Terrell Thomas a little bit and I really like Terrell Thomas even though he plays for the Giants.

Thumper
04-07-2010, 02:50 AM
Hahahahaha oh man this is good stuff, Kolb is a beast, this is good stuff. Now we need to nickname him based on this.

http://mcnabborkolb.tumblr.com/post/500635053/is-the-new-eagles-qb-actually-paul-bunyan

We now have our first backwoods Eagles Quarterback, complete with too-tall tales.

First and most absurdly, Kevin hunts wild hogs — not with a gun, but with his hands, a few dogs, and a 12-inch bowie knife (http://www.the700level.com/2007/05/kevin_kolb_hog_.html):

“It’s not just [about] killing an animal,” says Kolb… He didn’t want to come off like some bloodthirsty savage to the non-hog-hunting fans of his new team, the Eagles, who shocked everyone from Allentown to Atco by taking Kolb with their first selection in the 2007 NFL draft, 36th overall. “A lot of times you’ve got to work before you reap your reward. Our dogs go and find ‘em first, and then we stab the pigs. It’s a little bit dangerous, but as long as you know what you’re doing, you’ll be all right.”

Jesus. I can’t even imagine what it would be like to have a wild hog coming after you and trying to gut it. Of course, this could set up the greatest of all injury reports down the road…

Kolb also perpetuates his own bass fishing myths (http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/20100406_20_things_to_ponder_about_Eagles_QB_Kevin _Kolb.html):

Placed seventh, along with friend Jeff Gilbert, at a Texas big bass fishing tournament in February. Kolb once caught - or so he claims (wink) - a 250-pound marlin.

And finally, his barn-stormin’ explanation of what it was like growing up in the country (http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/20100406_20_things_to_ponder_about_Eagles_QB_Kevin _Kolb.html):

“When you’re out in the woods and you get beat up, your mom’s not there to pick you up. I’d flip my four-wheeler or something, want to lay down there and be hurt. There’s nobody there to cry for you. You got to jump up and keep going.”

What a beast. Somehow I don’t think a few wide-bodied defensive tackles are going to rattle Mr. Bunyan much.

igglefanz
04-07-2010, 03:23 AM
I hope the Eagles get more physical corners, personally I want some combination of Kareem Jackson, Patrick Robinson, Jerome Murphy and Kevin Thomas. The Eagles have their playmaker at corner in Asante, now they need someone who can jam someone at the line and knock receivers off their routes.

Jackson is extremely physical and gets a good pop at the line, the coaches are going to have to tone him down though because he is going to be called for a lot of pass interference. Robinson isn't physical in the sense of being willing to support the run, but the guy is tailor made to press, he has long arms and strong hands which really gets receivers off their routes and he has the ability to turn and run as well, I wouldn't be terribly happy with getting him since he gets beat a little too much for my tastes but maybe that was just poor safety play at FSU. I've seen Murphy knock receivers on their butts, he is a great press corner already and he is the best tackling corner in this draft. Kevin Thomas reminds me of Terrell Thomas a little bit and I really like Terrell Thomas even though he plays for the Giants.

Wow me and Thumper agree on something *L*

frubulubu
04-07-2010, 07:41 AM
Thats nice and dandy, Kolby here is a legitimate red neck.

cunningham06
04-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Haha, come down to Texas, that hog hunting part of the story isn't uncommon. I love going hog hunting, my cousins do the whole thing with dogs and the knife, I just don't have the dogs to do it that way.

When I first saw that I thought it said "dog hunting," and started thinking him and Vick might not be a good combo...

superman8456
04-07-2010, 11:00 PM
Any rumors on where Shawn Andrews may land?

I would love to bring him back after the draft for a smaller contract if we dont draft any good guard prospects.

frubulubu
04-07-2010, 11:05 PM
Any rumors on where Shawn Andrews may land?

I would love to bring him back after the draft for a smaller contract if we dont draft any good guard prospects.

Not much noise on him around the league, the only thing I heard was that he had closed his twitter account.

brat316
04-07-2010, 11:26 PM
Andrews is probably going to quit football. He seems very unmotivated to play.

Thumper
04-08-2010, 01:31 AM
Does DeSean Jackson remind anyone else of Allen Iverson? Small, skinny, fast, super egotistical, big headed, hard headed, they have similar attitudes etc. etc. etc.

Well remember when AI tried to rap? Well DeSean Jackson is trying his hand as well. These two remind me of each other soo much.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WtE_WBHwcrE&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WtE_WBHwcrE&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2767/4177403265_ca0d42e27a.jpg

eaglesalltheway
04-08-2010, 06:19 AM
Hahahahaha oh man this is good stuff, Kolb is a beast, this is good stuff. Now we need to nickname him based on this.

http://mcnabborkolb.tumblr.com/post/500635053/is-the-new-eagles-qb-actually-paul-bunyan

Seriously, how many QBs fit into this profile? Not many... I love it, I'll make sure to talk to him bout some country music if I get to talk to him in August.

camp_eagles
04-08-2010, 12:04 PM
Does DeSean Jackson remind anyone else of Allen Iverson? Small, skinny, fast, super egotistical, big headed, hard headed, they have similar attitudes etc. etc. etc.

Well remember when AI tried to rap? Well DeSean Jackson is trying his hand as well. These two remind me of each other soo much.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WtE_WBHwcrE&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WtE_WBHwcrE&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2767/4177403265_ca0d42e27a.jpg

It better than Josh Jarboe's rap
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB9btJr4uTc

eaglesalltheway
04-08-2010, 01:12 PM
DeSEan makes Allen Iverson look BIG, hahahaha

Go_Eagles77
04-08-2010, 01:44 PM
At first I thought the dude sitting behind DJack was Maclin but apon further inspection I don't think so. Haha.

Thumper
04-08-2010, 04:24 PM
At first I thought the dude sitting behind DJack was Maclin but apon further inspection I don't think so. Haha.

It is Maclin.

eaglesalltheway
04-08-2010, 04:39 PM
I'm pretty sure it is Maclin. That is great they are hanging out together, only adds to chemistry...

Go_Eagles77
04-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Yeah the computer I was on before was dark so I couldn't tell but now I can tell it is him. Yeah that is pretty cool.

mellojello
04-09-2010, 07:50 PM

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2767/4177403265_ca0d42e27a.jpgI've always admired AI because he was able to score all those points despite being so much smaller. It's harder for them because of their size.

I haven't heard of Desean being much of a coaching problem though. We've heard wispers of his attitude at Cal, but he seriously had justified reasons to complain much more and for the most part, kept it in-house extremely well.

Thumper
04-10-2010, 04:13 PM
The Eagles are running back to Jeff Garcia, according to Fox 29 the Eagles are trying to sign Jeff Garcia for his third stint as an Eagle.

I think the likely scenario is Jeff Garcia is brought in as a mentor to Kevin Kolb, Kevin Kolb had a mentor when McNabb was the starter but he doesn't anymore, who is he going to consult when things go wrong now? Well that would be Jeff Garcia. And he is perfect for the role, Jeff Garcia had to take over for Steve Young way back when so he knows what its like to take over for a great QB and Jeff Garcia is a master of the WCO playing in it during his 49er days and during his Eagles and Buccaneers days.

I wouldn't mind it, Garcia could do Kolb some good.

frubulubu
04-10-2010, 11:16 PM
Theres rumors that the Eagles still want to trade Vick. Either way, they need a veteran qb, to help Kolb, and not to mention, God forbid an injury to 2K. Garcia is a person who knows this offense and could step in, if needed to.

Creek
04-10-2010, 11:41 PM
Would Jeff Garcia wear #5??? I know he wore #7 with us the last time, but I imagine it was only because #5 was taken.

I don't know if I'd be ready to see another #5 so soon...

Thumper
04-10-2010, 11:50 PM
I don't think so, last offseason Jeff Lurie flat out said there will never be another player on the Eagles who wears #20 as long as he is in charge in honor of Brian Dawkins and I think he would give McNabb the same respect.

Go_Eagles77
04-11-2010, 09:05 AM
He would probably wear #9 which is what he wore his brief stint with us last season.

frubulubu
04-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Seeing that old Cowboys stadium being blowed up was great! That stadium brought back many memories of us getting whooped there.

Go_Eagles77
04-11-2010, 11:25 AM
It's not like we're off on a good foot with their new stadium. lol

frubulubu
04-11-2010, 11:35 AM
Lmao, no were not. 0-3.

eaglesalltheway
04-11-2010, 11:42 AM
I have to agree about Garcia, bringing in an experienced, knowledgeable QB, with a lot of history in the system will only help Kolb. Honestly, if the Eagles can trade Vick, I hope they do, it'll decrease all the idiots who say Vick will be starting 5 games into the season.

Also, I'm pretty sure no one will be wearing #5 either.

eaglesalltheway
04-11-2010, 11:43 AM
It's not like we're off on a good foot with their new stadium. lol

Someone should sneak in and blow that thing up in the middle of the night...

frubulubu
04-11-2010, 12:58 PM
Before they do that, we got take their screen and sell it on E-Bay.

eaglesalltheway
04-11-2010, 01:15 PM
Before they do that, we got take their screen and sell it on E-Bay.

I think the transportation costs would cut deeply into the profits, didn't Jerry say it's cost 20 million to move the screen inside the statium or something?

frubulubu
04-11-2010, 10:25 PM
I think the transportation costs would cut deeply into the profits, didn't Jerry say it's cost 20 million to move the screen inside the statium or something?

We can have all Eagle Nation, put 10 dollars each and problem solved.

eaglesalltheway
04-12-2010, 06:20 AM
We can have all Eagle Nation, put 10 dollars each and problem solved.

Damn, you really want to get this done, don't you?

frubulubu
04-13-2010, 11:27 PM
Drunken Jerry Jones!!! Anyone seen the Video? LMAO!

eaglesalltheway
04-14-2010, 12:20 AM
Drunken Jerry Jones!!! Anyone seen the Video? LMAO!

It explains the Roy Williams deal, lol.

frubulubu
04-14-2010, 12:32 AM
It explains the Roy Williams deal, lol.

Laughing my mutha F'n ass off!

camp_eagles
04-19-2010, 10:47 AM
ERNIE SIMS for a 5th rounder wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=20815

gator3guy
04-19-2010, 10:51 AM
ERNIE SIMS for a 5th rounder wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=20815

So psyched I wanted the Eagles to draft him in 06, but he was gone. I think he's gonna be a beast in this defense. Damn I hope so.

brat316
04-19-2010, 11:14 AM
How many WLB does that give the Eagles now 3? And still not one SLB.

He is going to be looking for a contract now. Idk, from Lions fans he overruns a lot of plays and only played good when he had a big body in front of him to take up the linemen.

cunningham06
04-19-2010, 11:15 AM
YES! This is awesome I love that move. Ernie Sims is a beast.

wingboy2999
04-19-2010, 12:35 PM
He has his moments. But he got injured... lost his spot to a rookie... and that was on the worst D in the NFL for the past 3 years. He's not a defense changer. He's been slipping the past year or two.

Go_Eagles77
04-19-2010, 12:36 PM
Does this mean Bunkley is the only 2006 FSU 1st round defender to not be traded this offseason? Haha wow. I am excited about the move, he could be very good in the right system with talent around him.

eaglesalltheway
04-19-2010, 12:48 PM
I like the move, not love it, getting Sims after only giving up a 5th rounder is a move you can't go wrong with, but I don't know If Sims will be the player that some of you are expecting. I think with the D-line in front of him he can be better than he was in Detroit, but I don't expect a monster season out of him. This pretty much wipes out the possibility of the Eagles drafting any WILL in this draft, it'll either be a SLB or MLB if the team plans on sliding Bradley over, which I doubt.

Go_Eagles77
04-19-2010, 01:02 PM
I wouldn't mind grabbing a Donald Butler or AJ Edds in the 3rd-4th round to play SLB. Our LB corps could be quite a bit improved.

eaglesalltheway
04-19-2010, 01:32 PM
I wouldn't mind grabbing a Donald Butler or AJ Edds in the 3rd-4th round to play SLB. Our LB corps could be quite a bit improved.

I'd like Edds, but unless you are talking about sliding Bradley out to SLB, I don't think Butler would be a good fit at SLB. He isn't stout at the POS and does take on or shed blockers well, which is what we need out of our SLB. Once I saw we got Sims, my thought process took me to this.

If we drafted Brandon Spikes in the late third or early 4th to be the SLB, I would be all for it. He has questions about being a 3 down LB, but we haven't had a 3 down SLB as long as I can remember, and SLBs are the first one off in nickel and dime packages anyway. Spikes has everything you want in terms of his ability against the run and as a pass rusher, which is how the Eagles use their SLBs the most. I think he would be a great pick depending on when he would be picked, and who else is available.

Go_Eagles77
04-19-2010, 01:44 PM
True, I guess my reasoning for Butler is I really want someone to match up against TEs (especially in this division) in coverage, but Ernie Sims can probably be that guy.

eaglesalltheway
04-19-2010, 02:01 PM
True, I guess my reasoning for Butler is I really want someone to match up against TEs (especially in this division) in coverage, but Ernie Sims can probably be that guy.

The problem is, our Safeties, SLB, or CBs are usually the ones that match up against our opponents TEs. I wish we would see our WLBs or even Bradley in coverage (if he has his range) more. Sims can cover the TE's but keep in mind he is short, and even if he is ticking on the TE like glue, Witten, Boss and Cooley are almost a half foot taller than him and can still make those tough catches.

Sniper
04-19-2010, 03:36 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WE GOT ONE OF DETROIT'S BUSTS!!!!!!!!!

Party time! Eagles making big moves, bitches!

Todd Bertuzzi
04-19-2010, 03:55 PM

Let's recap this offseason, shall we?

In:
Ernie Sims
Marlin Jackson
Mike Bell
Darryl Tapp

Out:
Donovan McNabb
Sheldon Brown
Shawn Andrews
Brian Westbrook
Will Witherspoon

Can you say championship?!

brat316
04-19-2010, 03:58 PM

In:
Ernie Sims
Marlin Jackson
Mike Bell
Darryl Tapp

Out:
Donovan McNabb
Sheldon Brown
Shawn Andrews
Brian Westbrook
Will Witherspoon

nooo, but you can say youth movement. Oldest players are now Akers and Parker.

Also looking at Sims stats, Sniper will be happy to bring back the term pile jumper.

Sniper
04-19-2010, 04:05 PM
nooo, but you can say youth movement. Oldest players are now Akers and Parker.

Also looking at Sims stats, Sniper will be happy to bring back the term pile jumper.

Like a baby pile jumper. I can't wait to see 136 tackles (135 assisted), 0 TFL, 0 sacks, 3 PBU, 0 INT, 0 FF. GET EXCITED, BITCHES!

Thumper
04-19-2010, 04:13 PM
The Ernie Sims deal has potential, he is only 25 and he still oozes potential, especially in an agressive scheme like the Eagles. Ernie Sims is super fast, super athletic and is a huge hitter but at this point he is kind of like the Roy Williams of linebackers, his form tackling is iffy, he isn't good in run support, he overruns plays, he gets washed out and he can't get through the trash in the front 7.

Crazy athlete, tons of potential but the Eagles really have some work to do. One thing that I did like that I read was that one of his former coaches (or maybe it was Millen) said that when he first got into the NFL he would give his all so much that he would hit the hardest he could until he would black out. I can't really express how much of a freak he is, his workout numbers would be really good for a WR, but he is a 230 pound linebacker. Hopefully he gets into the habit of smashing Felix Jones. I can't wait to see Ernie Sims lay the lumber, he can really hit.

But the move is so low risk, a 5th round pick for a 25 year old former 9th overall pick? Done deal. He is better than anything Andy Reid was likely to find in the fifth and at the very least the Eagles just got a hellacious special teams player.

Thumper
04-19-2010, 04:21 PM

In:
Ernie Sims
Marlin Jackson
Mike Bell
Darryl Tapp

Out:
Donovan McNabb
Sheldon Brown
Shawn Andrews
Brian Westbrook
Will Witherspoon

You all know how I feel about McNabb and Kolb so I'm just going to leave that one alone. But, today LeSean McCoy said Kevin Kolb was the next big thing. I like hearing encouraging things from his teammates who also say he is a natural leader. Shawn Andrews is not a loss, he was a waste of space. LeSean McCoy was better than Westy who was always nicked up and Witherspoon is replaced by Stewart Bradley/Akeem Jordan/ Ernie Sims. The losses haven't been huge aside from Sheldon Brown but if the Eagles can get Joe Haden or Devin McCourty it won't be as big of a loss.

Thumper
04-19-2010, 04:34 PM
Hahahaha oh man Ernie Sims has some folklore he claims he ran varsity track in third grade and started on the varsity football team his eigth grade year. But varsity track in third grade? IDK if thats true but thats beast mode.

superman8456
04-19-2010, 05:06 PM

Maybe its just me, but you never seem satisfied with ANY move the Eagles make. Do you spend a lot of your time calling into the radio?

He played in Detroit. Look at the guys he played behind. Lets at least give him a chance in the Eagles system before we write him off. He definitely did not fit Schwartz's cover 2 scheme.

And to the people that say "ZOMGZ NOES SLB!!!1", SLB in this defense has changed. Its not what it was with JJ. SLB is not a guy who can cover well and playing the run is his best asset. We dont need a guy thats the size of a mack truck and runs like a gazelle if he cant cover.

Not to mention, we rotate our LBs a ridiculous amount. Ernie Sims > any 5th round LB we would have taken.

eaglesalltheway
04-19-2010, 05:09 PM
The Ernie Sims deal has potential, he is only 25 and he still oozes potential, especially in an agressive scheme like the Eagles. Ernie Sims is super fast, super athletic and is a huge hitter but at this point he is kind of like the Roy Williams of linebackers, his form tackling is iffy, he isn't good in run support, he overruns plays, he gets washed out and he can't get through the trash in the front 7.

Crazy athlete, tons of potential but the Eagles really have some work to do. One thing that I did like that I read was that one of his former coaches (or maybe it was Millen) said that when he first got into the NFL he would give his all so much that he would hit the hardest he could until he would black out. I can't really express how much of a freak he is, his workout numbers would be really good for a WR, but he is a 230 pound linebacker. Hopefully he gets into the habit of smashing Felix Jones. I can't wait to see Ernie Sims lay the lumber, he can really hit.

But the move is so low risk, a 5th round pick for a 25 year old former 9th overall pick? Done deal. He is better than anything Andy Reid was likely to find in the fifth and at the very least the Eagles just got a hellacious special teams player.

That's why I like the deal. No we aren't getting the value that the Jets got for Holmes, but there is very little risk here for the Eagles, and the potential rewards are great.

I copywrited that word, you didn't ask permission... ;).